PDA

View Full Version : Bethlehem PA Area Animals

Pages : [1] 2

jayanticoli
02-18-08, 2:08 pm
hey fellas....ne animals in middle eastern pa....i'm in easton which is right on the border of nj....i would like to get a training session together for easton/bethlehem/allentown but i never see ne posts from ne one in my area

G Diesel
02-18-08, 3:30 pm
Easton, now that is old school, blue collar Pennsylvania--the home of Larry Holmes. I know we already have chapters in Philly and Pitts, but PA is definitely a big state. Let me know if you have any other interested members and if there is any way I can help. Thanks for taking the initiative bro. Peace, G

jayanticoli
02-18-08, 7:03 pm
im sure there r some other members nearby...maybe in the allentown lehigh valley area? actually mike millers gym is right up the street from me.....i think he still holds the squat world record for like 1300lbs or something insane like that....ne who u got ne ideas how i can spark some interest aside of this website i dont know ne one else that would do it ....i was hoping people from my area would catch the thread an chime in

Hoomgar
02-19-08, 1:45 pm
If you build it, I will come :)

Also, check out the one I am trying to get off the ground here bro, not too terribly far from you.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=15070

naturalguy
02-19-08, 6:51 pm
You'll have my support and I would attend.

Mr.Totality
02-26-08, 7:21 pm
I am only 30-40 minutes from easton so I'd be game. Let me know if you need any help getting this rollin

Big Dog
02-26-08, 7:37 pm
ACHEMMMMMM,

The Lehigh Valley is where the BiG Dog's yard is at!!!!!!! My crew are fellow Animals as well. My gym is Southside Iron in Allentown,PA. We are located just off the Lehigh Street exit of I-78.

If you need a place to let loose or soak in a hardcore atmosphere, then Southside is where you wanna be.

If you wanna drop by, Every sunday is when the team benches together, and we are spread out over the remainder of the week. to make sure when the workouts are, just PM me here or e-mail me at southsideiron@yahoo.com

I have dibs on a Lehigh Valley chapter of the Animal Barbell Club!!!!

Big Wides
05-05-08, 3:48 pm
Let's revive this one for the Lehigh Area animals......

Big Dog has mentioned this is a great area, and no doubt in my mind it is, lots of hard working indviduals from here, lets see if we can set a date/gym location for this and get this group going strong

Hoomgar
05-05-08, 3:55 pm
ACHEMMMMMM,

The Lehigh Valley is where the BiG Dog's yard is at!!!!!!! My crew are fellow Animals as well. My gym is Southside Iron in Allentown,PA. We are located just off the Lehigh Street exit of I-78.

If you need a place to let loose or soak in a hardcore atmosphere, then Southside is where you wanna be.

If you wanna drop by, Every sunday is when the team benches together, and we are spread out over the remainder of the week. to make sure when the workouts are, just PM me here or e-mail me at southsideiron@yahoo.com

I have dibs on a Lehigh Valley chapter of the Animal Barbell Club!!!!

Let's revive this one for the Lehigh Area animals......

Big Dog has mentioned this is a great area, and no doubt in my mind it is, lots of hard working indviduals from here, lets see if we can set a date/gym location for this and get this group going strong

I'll support any way I can. You guys are getting close to my neck of the woods here so I'll attend any and all of these that I can.

If ya need any help with anything, let me know.

Let's do this!

Big Wides
05-05-08, 4:01 pm
I'll support any way I can. You guys are getting close to my neck of the woods here so I'll attend any and all of these that I can.

If ya need any help with anything, let me know.

Let's do this!

Thats what I'm talking about HG, I know there's some more animals from this area, hell whats a 30 minute drive to go and train with like minded people, grab some food afterwards to shoot the shit, and be part of something great that will help spread the good nature of this sport.....

Segansational
05-05-08, 4:11 pm
Did my undergrad degree in Easton. I'd be willing to make the trip up if this gets off the ground. Maybe I'll even stop by at my old alma mater.

ForearmFreak
07-28-08, 8:18 pm
I'm in, I live right in easton too. I train at the same gym as jay who is the op guy. lets get this one goin.

BiG in NYC 823
09-11-08, 10:17 am
Just wanted to give fellow Animals a "Heads-up"...

In NYC, October 18 @ Steel Gym...NY Animals will hold an ABC!!!

I don't know how far/close everyone lives to NYC, but I figured I would give you guys a notice, that way, maybe you guys can plan a trip and come to NYC to have one helluva an event!

Please reply/post within the NY Animals Thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090&highlight=PA

Thanks!!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
09-16-08, 3:24 pm
i think all of us lehigh valley animals forgot all about this... i'm from easton and want to really get this thing going im sure we can attract a lot of interest in this area. this region breeds hard working, hard nosed kids and lifters a like...

Come on brothers lets get some support and start this up!

DiMattia43
09-17-08, 10:21 pm
I am from Old Forge PA..

Its right near Scranton PA, thats the city that show "The Office" is based on..

about an hour or so from Leigh...

Its Northeastern PA

If you guys do not know where i am talking about..

Its near places like burwick, montrose, mid-vally, Wliks-barre...

The Yankee's triple A team plays here....

Love to get something going

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
09-17-08, 10:53 pm
I am from Old Forge PA..

Its Northeastern PA

nice brother, im familiar with that area i used to go to school at kings college and thats up in wilkesbarre, im trying to get more people interested in this and should we get enough ill get an abc going thanx for the support bro!

DiMattia43
09-17-08, 10:55 pm
nice brother, im familiar with that area i used to go to school at kings college and thats up in wilkesbarre, im trying to get more people interested in this and should we get enough ill get an abc going thanx for the support bro!

Kings.... about a 20min drive from me...

let me know whats going on.....

Thanks

Enforcer
09-18-08, 11:53 am
I am from Old Forge PA..

Its Northeastern PA

Wilkes-Barre- hellz yeah. I am a recent graduate of Wilkes University. I know NE PA very well. If you set something up, I could be down to make the event.

Enforcer
09-18-08, 11:58 am
I could even try to promote it at Wilkes University and get some of the guys that I know that are still in school to get out to the event.

DiMattia43
09-18-08, 12:12 pm
I could even try to promote it at Wilkes University and get some of the guys that I know that are still in school to get out to the event.

lets set something up.. i know a few kids that go to my gym that go to wilks...

Enforcer
09-18-08, 12:42 pm
lets set something up.. i know a few kids that go to my gym that go to wilks...

I am down bro, see if you can set up a gym

DiMattia43
09-18-08, 12:47 pm
I am down bro, see if you can set up a gym

where are u from??

Enforcer
09-18-08, 12:48 pm
where are u from??

NJ, u?

Hoomgar
09-18-08, 2:16 pm
I am a worm at getting the Harrisburg chapter off the ground. I do still want to do it thought.

That said, you guys put something together here, I'll come.

Hg

Enforcer
09-18-08, 2:31 pm
I am a worm at getting the Harrisburg chapter off the ground. I do still want to do it thought.

That said, you guys put something together here, I'll come.

Hg

Harrisburg is a good 2 hrs away from me, but I'd prob still be down to hit up an event

Big Wides
09-18-08, 4:16 pm
Glad to see this thread going again.....

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
09-18-08, 6:12 pm
hell yea this is what im talking bout! im def down for somethin up in "the burr" haha only like an hour from me used to go to kings so its cool for that, if anyone else is interested having one in the lehigh valley area let me know. with a enough interest and support i could most definately get an event planned, plenty of gyms to choosefrom!

DiMattia43
09-19-08, 12:59 am
hell yea this is what im talking bout! im def down for somethin up in "the burr" haha only like an hour from me used to go to kings so its cool for that, if anyone else is interested having one in the lehigh valley area let me know. with a enough interest and support i could most definately get an event planned, plenty of gyms to choosefrom!

im in man...i only live like an hour or so from leigh

easy drive down the turnpike...

Enforcer
09-19-08, 9:00 am

im in man...i only live like an hour or so from leigh

easy drive down the turnpike...

Ok fellas, it looks like the Lehigh Valley area is going to be the spot. See if you can start talking to some gyms there and people you know so we can start getting some ideas for a place, date, and time.

ForearmFreak
09-19-08, 9:19 am
No doubt, i'll talk to the owner soon of the fitness club

Enforcer
09-19-08, 9:22 am
No doubt, i'll talk to the owner soon of the fitness club

Sweet, I'm taking it you are from the area then?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
09-19-08, 9:26 am
damn this certainly made my morning, imma check out possibly naz barbell see if theyd be interested, fitness club m and forearmfreak go to,

Enforcer
09-19-08, 9:33 am
damn this certainly made my morning, imma check out possibly naz barbell see if theyd be interested, fitness club m and forearmfreak go to,

Nice lets try to get to get a date/place/time so we can get more members out to this event

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
09-19-08, 9:40 am
Nice lets try to get to get a date/place/time so we can get more members out to this event

Definately bro, ill keep u updated, me n forearmfreak will get it set up

Enforcer
09-19-08, 9:40 am
Definately bro, ill keep u updated, me n forearmfreak will get it set up

Perfect, tell your friends about it too

jayanticoli
09-19-08, 11:55 am
Yo King i really dont think Jack would go for a bunch of beasts throwin weights in his dinky ass gym he's a bastard like that....i think our best bet for a lehigh vally ABC would be Golds in bethlehem or maybe southside iron.... the dude that prev posted in the thread said he would host us....just throwin my .02 ........but yea i'm def pumped to get some meatheads together to smash some iron close to my house

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
09-19-08, 12:07 pm
damn your right dude i def forgot all about the golds gyms around here im not sure how the one in bethlehem is lookin but i know the one in allentown is good just finished remodeling... i also emailed the guy at southside iron. u do kno this is andrew from the fitness club...jus seein if u do

Enforcer
09-19-08, 12:54 pm
Yo King i really dont think Jack would go for a bunch of beasts throwin weights in his dinky ass gym he's a bastard like that....i think our best bet for a lehigh vally ABC would be Golds in bethlehem or maybe southside iron.... the dude that prev posted in the thread said he would host us....just throwin my .02 ........but yea i'm def pumped to get some meatheads together to smash some iron close to my house

Time to bring the Animals into town

ForearmFreak
09-20-08, 11:17 am
Sweet, I'm taking it you are from the area then?

yea, me JayAntacoli and KingKongProned all go to the same gym

Enforcer
09-21-08, 5:00 pm
yea, me JayAntacoli and KingKongProned all go to the same gym

Good shit bro, this can def turn out to be a great event

G Diesel
09-23-08, 10:40 pm
I am from Old Forge PA..

Its Northeastern PA

That is my place of birth... The genesis. Originally from Dunmore, PA, on the Scranton outskirts. Love to get an ABC going in my original hood.

Old Forge is the pizza capital of the world.

Peace, G

DiMattia43
09-23-08, 11:15 pm
That is my place of birth... The genesis. Originally from Dunmore, PA, on the Scranton outskirts. Love to get an ABC going in my original hood.

Peace, G

yes it is..lol...

Enforcer
09-24-08, 12:09 pm

Peace, G

MMMMMMMM love the pizza in Old Forge

DiMattia43
09-24-08, 7:50 pm
MMMMMMMM love the pizza in Old Forge

where in Old Forge did you have pizza?

a question about the ABC...

I do not know how it fully works, but i was wondering..

I go to Penn State, not at University Park, but in Dunnmore PA.. Can i start a CLub there?? Or does it have to come from you guys?? Let me know..

Enforcer
09-29-08, 1:10 pm
where in Old Forge did you have pizza?

a question about the ABC...

I do not know how it fully works, but i was wondering..

I go to Penn State, not at University Park, but in Dunnmore PA.. Can i start a CLub there?? Or does it have to come from you guys?? Let me know..

You can start a thread anywhere bro. You start the thread and other members to jump in on the thread. Then once you get a solid base going you can start to look for a place to have an event at. Set the place/date/time and anything else you need along the way just let me know.

jayanticoli
09-29-08, 5:28 pm
Hey enforcer did you play football at wilkes?

DiMattia43
09-29-08, 6:49 pm
You can start a thread anywhere bro. You start the thread and other members to jump in on the thread. Then once you get a solid base going you can start to look for a place to have an event at. Set the place/date/time and anything else you need along the way just let me know.

nice, ill keep you updated

Enforcer
09-30-08, 1:00 pm
Hey enforcer did you play football at wilkes?

Depends on who is asking...lol jk...Yeah I did

Enforcer
09-30-08, 1:01 pm
Got any updates for me fellas?

ForearmFreak
09-30-08, 1:31 pm
well we are still waiting on a guy from southside iron in response to an email regarding this event. There are a few gold's around here so if there is no word from him within the next week, looks like we'll have to start calling other places.

Enforcer
09-30-08, 1:38 pm
well we are still waiting on a guy from southside iron in response to an email regarding this event. There are a few gold's around here so if there is no word from him within the next week, looks like we'll have to start calling other places.

Sounds good bro, like I said just keep me posted

jayanticoli
09-30-08, 2:30 pm
Ha ha...well i'm askin cause there is a kid that goes to my gym that played for wilkes and he just graduated also...we were talkin about the forum one day and he said he went to college with a guy from jersey who now works for universal so i figured it was you....oddly enough i dont know his name but he played offensive line big kid with bright red hair and a beard
Depends on who is asking...lol jk...Yeah I did

Enforcer
09-30-08, 2:52 pm
Ha ha...well i'm askin cause there is a kid that goes to my gym that played for wilkes and he just graduated also...we were talkin about the forum one day and he said he went to college with a guy from jersey who now works for universal so i figured it was you....oddly enough i dont know his name but he played offensive line big kid with bright red hair and a beard

Purdy?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
09-30-08, 4:11 pm
yea man i recognize him from when used to go to kings, jonathan purdy i believe...product out of wilson high school, quite the bear haha...and if i do remember u from the only season i played there(fucking hated it) u were a fuckin animal haha

Enforcer
10-01-08, 8:56 am
yea man i recognize him from when used to go to kings, jonathan purdy i believe...product out of wilson high school, quite the bear haha...and if i do remember u from the only season i played there(fucking hated it) u were a fuckin animal haha

Lol thanx bro

naturalguy
10-06-08, 4:58 pm
Yup that's right Big Dog is hosting an ABC event at Southside Iron in Allentown, PA

The date will be 11.29.08

You won't want to miss this one. Big Dog is a 1,000 lb + bencher, here is your chance to come train with him and the rest of the Animal crew.

Who's in?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-06-08, 8:04 pm
oh man... this is awesome, ive been exchanging emaisl with him to get one set up for the lehigh valley, fucking sweet, everyone better come down to this one....its gonna be the shit!

Big Al
10-06-08, 10:29 pm
You know I'm down.I can't wait,I love southside.....I'll have to drag McFly with me and maybe BigAnth.
As long as we have those hawian dancing girls again.LOL I think that was Genes Birthday party.LMFAO

zanderfever
10-06-08, 10:50 pm
Wow. It'll be a hike, but i'll do my best.

Big Dog
10-06-08, 11:56 pm
You know I'm down.I can't wait,I love southside.....I'll have to drag McFly with me and maybe BigAnth.
As long as we have those hawian dancing girls again.LOL I think that was Genes Birthday party.LMFAO

Big AL, I'll do my best to hook you up, But no promises[sic} !!!!

Yes my fellow Animals, I hope as many of you can make it down to Southside and see how Hardcore Powerlifting is alive and well in Allentown,PA

Here's a link to my gym's webpage,hopefully this won't get yanked ;

http://www.rychlakpowersystems.com/SouthsideIron/Garage.html

I've been trying for a while to bring a ABC Gathering to my home, and now it'll be a reality. Mark your calender Nov 29 !!!

If you have any questions, you can PM me here and I will answer them as soon as I can.

More details will be forthcoming as i work with "NATURAL GUY ".

Thank you all

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-07-08, 12:05 am
just checked out ur site gene, and i must say im gonna definately have to come down there and workout ..... to me thats the perfect atmosphere to fucking blow up some weight, and a perfect place for me to get my powerlifting training going. its andrew by the way, in case u didnt know

McFly
10-07-08, 7:33 am
i'm game for sure!

Hoomgar
10-07-08, 12:18 pm
I'm there!

Hg

McFly
10-20-08, 11:29 am
someone may want to move this over to the Livin/the board section....not all members venture over to the Pit....the date is right around the corner....and after meeting Big Dog and some of his crew it's an ABC NOT TO MISS!!!!!

Big Wides
10-20-08, 11:41 am
I'll see if I can make this.....def sounds like something I dont want to miss out on

McFly
10-20-08, 11:46 am
11/29 mark your calendars, set an alert in your PDA, blackberry, iphone etc etc….it’s going to be a sick ass event!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-20-08, 11:54 am
Hell yea! I'm f***in' amped for this one man, Some heavy ass lifting with fellow animals. No doubt we'll all be energized for this one --i believe 2 days after Turkey day!

Enforcer
10-20-08, 2:35 pm
Yup that's right Big Dog is hosting an ABC event at Southside Iron in Allentown, PA

You won't want to miss this one. Big Dog is a 1,000 lb + bencher, here is your chance to come train with him and the rest of the Animal crew.

Who's in?

Def gonna do my best to make it out to this event

McFly
10-21-08, 2:07 pm
Big Dog, I know your team benches on Sundays so what might be going on Saturday at the ABC?

zanderfever
10-21-08, 4:29 pm
I dont think i'll be able to make this afterall. I'll be in the heat of prepping for a Meet in January and I won't be able to miss a day. Sorry, wish I could make this.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-21-08, 4:46 pm
I dont think i'll be able to make this afterall. I'll be in the heat of prepping for a Meet in January and I won't be able to miss a day. Sorry, wish I could make this.

ummm the same meet i'll be in lol. too bad man southside is a powerlifters dream

zanderfever
10-21-08, 11:21 pm
ummm the same meet i'll be in lol. too bad man southside is a powerlifters dream

Yeah, but I can tell you right now that unless this would be an a-typical ABC, it won't last 4-5 hours like my normal Bench day. Also, Mike and the YPC wouldn't drive down there. Sucks, but obligations are for the Meet.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-21-08, 11:56 pm
Yeah, but I can tell you right now that unless this would be an a-typical ABC, it won't last 4-5 hours like my normal Bench day. Also, Mike and the YPC wouldn't drive down there. Sucks, but obligations are for the Meet.

I hear ya bro. You're prolly better off. Stay focused on your training for the meet. No doubt it will pay off when i see ya In january.

zanderfever
10-22-08, 5:21 pm
I hear ya bro. You're prolly better off. Stay focused on your training for the meet. No doubt it will pay off when i see ya In january.

Thanks, i'll be ready. You will be ready as well.

Big Dog
10-22-08, 10:34 pm

What possibly would you not get training at my gym that you get at yours???? And on top of that being able to pick the brains of some of the top benchers on the planet!!!! If it was me, my ass would be making a bee line to Southside on Nov 29.

I kinda take that comment as an insult to me and my gym. But to each is own Hoss, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Big Dog
10-22-08, 10:39 pm
Big Dog, I know your team benches on Sundays so what might be going on Saturday at the ABC?

Well McFly, the ABC Event is 1 week after the IPA Senior Nationals at York Barbell. So I don't think I will be doing much, but the rest of the team are training for other meets. So it should be a menagerie of lifts.

But you never know, If I feel good, I might start hangin' and Bangin' with Big Al.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-22-08, 10:42 pm
Yo Big Dog, on the topic of your gym's lifting schedule, what days do you guys normally have sessions? Because I want to try and work something out with my work schedule so i can be there everytime time you guys workout. I'm also getting ready for my first RAW competition in January, and I am in serious need of a true powerlifting gym.

zanderfever
10-22-08, 10:45 pm
What possibly would you not get training at my gym that you get at yours???? And on top of that being able to pick the brains of some of the top benchers on the planet!!!! If it was me, my ass would be making a bee line to Southside on Nov 29.

I kinda take that comment as an insult to me and my gym. But to each is own Hoss, You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

It has nothing to do with equipment, please don't take offense on that. And please, please, PLEASE, don't think I have anything against you and your crew. I mean nothing by it at all.

This decision was based on a few mitigating circumstances. The most relevant one is the crew that I train with here in Yonkers. Mike Moore heads it and we've all been training together. I did a meet with him a couple weeks ago and he's going out of his way to help me prepare for an IPA meet in January that he may not compete in himself. I am in his debt and I would be insulting him along with the other guys if I were to go to an ABC or anything along those lines without them. I've tried to get them to come but they don't want to go to an ABC and I won't push it on them because of everything thats been done for me by them.

Also, me being a newly turned 17 year old, I can't even drive by myself yet. For me to get up there would cause transportation issues for those around here and could potentially cause problems in more than just my lifting life.

Please, don't take offense. I would love to come by your gym and train with you guys. It would be one hell of a time that I would normally jump at if I could. I'd learn so much and i'm truly sorry that I can't make it.

I well and truly hold nothing against you, and I really hope you understand.

Big Dog
10-22-08, 11:03 pm
It has nothing to do with equipment, please don't take offense on that. And please, please, PLEASE, don't think I have anything against you and your crew. I mean nothing by it at all.

This decision was based on a few mitigating circumstances. The most relevant one is the crew that I train with here in Yonkers. Mike Moore heads it and we've all been training together. I did a meet with him a couple weeks ago and he's going out of his way to help me prepare for an IPA meet in January that he may not compete in himself. I am in his debt and I would be insulting him along with the other guys if I were to go to an ABC or anything along those lines without them. I've tried to get them to come but they don't want to go to an ABC and I won't push it on them because of everything thats been done for me by them.

Also, me being a newly turned 17 year old, I can't even drive by myself yet. For me to get up there would cause transportation issues for those around here and could potentially cause problems in more than just my lifting life.

Please, don't take offense. I would love to come by your gym and train with you guys. It would be one hell of a time that I would normally jump at if I could. I'd learn so much and i'm truly sorry that I can't make it.

I well and truly hold nothing against you, and I really hope you understand.

No problem, my young grasshopper. If the January meet you speak of is Henri Skiba's on Jan 25th, I will be there as an IPA Official.

I've met Mike Moore at last years meet. And If he would hold you attending this event against you, then He's not someone you should be training with. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE should be denied the opportunity from learning from others in this sport. Especially ones who have been in this game over 27 years and counting. If they don't want to come. maybe they're the closed minded ones.

I understand you are not able to drive yourself, and that's a huge problem. But I would see what I could do to get myself to the event and learn.

Take Care

Big Dog
10-22-08, 11:07 pm
Yo Big Dog, on the topic of your gym's lifting schedule, what days do you guys normally have sessions? Because I want to try and work something out with my work schedule so i can be there everytime time you guys workout. I'm also getting ready for my first RAW competition in January, and I am in serious need of a true powerlifting gym.

Our team benches together on Sundays from 12-4, Then Some of us train on Wednesdays from 4-8pm, and Friday 4-8pm.

Other than that, the gym is typically empty, but that will change soon.

Let me know when you wanna stop by, either pm me here or email me on the gym's address.

zanderfever
10-22-08, 11:16 pm
No problem, my young grasshopper. If the January meet you speak of is Henri Skiba's on Jan 25th, I will be there as an IPA Official.

I've met Mike Moore at last years meet. And If he would hold you attending this event against you, then He's not someone you should be training with. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE should be denied the opportunity from learning from others in this sport. Especially ones who have been in this game over 27 years and counting. If they don't want to come. maybe they're the closed minded ones.

I understand you are not able to drive yourself, and that's a huge problem. But I would see what I could do to get myself to the event and learn.

Take Care

Yes, thats the Meet. It'll be cool to see you there and talk, i'm so pumped for it already.

I don't know for sure if Mike would hold it against me or not (I doubt it) but my loyalty has been established with him since he's been great to me and all of us and really I would just feel guilty not training with them when theres a meet around the corner.

I'm thinking of getting Mike and the guys to come to a local ABC and then after that some of the bigger ones so hopefully we can all come to a future ABC of yours.

Thanks for understanding.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-22-08, 11:31 pm
Our team benches together on Sundays from 12-4, Then Some of us train on Wednesdays from 4-8pm, and Friday 4-8pm.

Other than that, the gym is typically empty, but that will change soon.

Let me know when you wanna stop by, either pm me here or email me on the gym's address.

Damn thats gonna be rough for me to work out. i'll try and request a few days off to come train there. I'm in need of a pure powerlifting atmosphere lol.

Also the meet that you will be officiating at is the one i'll be entering as well.

McFly
10-23-08, 8:41 am
man I can't wait for this ABC

....I know Al's mentioned heading up MANY times in the past and it jsut not working out and now knowing you guys train friday nights too....this might call for a *cough cough sniffle* "boss I gotta leave early", grab Big Al and make a trip up.

i must say it's only been 2 and a half months since my bodybuilding show but the powerlifting bug hit me pretty hard...and there is way too much experience and KNOWLEDGE to be had from the folks at Southside Iron.

DON'T MISS THIS

Ragin Asian
10-23-08, 5:00 pm

Too bad you feel that way! Our bench day is 4-5 hours EVERY TIME!

Anyways, more room for the other Animals who got REAL GUTS AND REAL HEART!!!

Hey BigDog!! The Special Olympian and I are really amped for this one!! We'll make sure the Animals CRAWL home thankful for a kickass workout! ;)

zanderfever
10-23-08, 5:06 pm

I'd love to come down AFTER my meet. Don't insult my guts and heart when it comes to lifting. I can't challenge those who are stronger than me, but i will challenge anybody in desire and will power when it comes to getting that last rep in. DON'T think that just by me not coming down for one training session that i'm being a pussy.

Why don't you be a little open minded and give someone who you don't even know the benefit of the doubt?

Big Dog
10-23-08, 6:29 pm
I'd love to come down AFTER my meet. Don't insult my guts and heart when it comes to lifting. I can't challenge those who are stronger than me, but i will challenge anybody in desire and will power when it comes to getting that last rep in. DON'T think that just by me not coming down for one training session that i'm being a pussy.

Why don't you be a little open minded and give someone who you don't even know the benefit of the doubt?

Just a little warning young buck, "Ragin Asian" is Mrs Kathy Fields. She is a 400lb bencher!!! So be careful who you talk smack to.

The reason you're getting a little shit. Is because the bulk of us who've been around the block have heard that excuse before and it doesn't hold much water.

Just remember, you are starting out, and respect must be given and will be returned when you have proven yourself. I've seen thousands of young kids who were wet behind the ears. Come out talking smack and showing no respect and before you knew it, they were gone forever never to be heard from again.

You may think your training is intense, but you've never experienced a bench day at Southside, let alone a Metal Militia bench day with Bill Crawford for example. Everyone who has came into our sanctuary has left a far better lifter with a wealth of knowledge that he didn't possess prior to arriving.

So from the outside looking in, you are shortchanging yourself by not allowing yourself to be exposed to experienced lifters who have competed hundreds of times all over this country and this world. How can you even compare the two???

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-23-08, 8:14 pm
I dont reall have much to say, but Ragin asian is a sweet ass name, partly because thats one of my nicknames lol

Gotta give the love to the asian powerlifters haha!

McFly
10-23-08, 9:35 pm

Hey BigDog!! The Special Olympian and I are really amped for this one!! We'll make sure the Animals CRAWL home thankful for a kickass workout! ;)

RA, it was nice to meet you last saturday. thanks for getting Big AL and me tape!

looks like some might miss out on this ABC....too bad. I'll be there for sure and hopefully Big AL and I can come up more then the zero times we've been up. I think the PL bug has bit us both pretty hard.

Big Wides
10-23-08, 10:06 pm
I know I said earlier that I might make it up there.....fuck it I am DEF going to make this ABC, I'd be kicking myself in the ass if I missed this. You can count me in

DiMattia43
10-23-08, 10:17 pm
Big AL, I'll do my best to hook you up, But no promises[sic} !!!!

Yes my fellow Animals, I hope as many of you can make it down to Southside and see how Hardcore Powerlifting is alive and well in Allentown,PA

Here's a link to my gym's webpage,hopefully this won't get yanked ;

I've been trying for a while to bring a ABC Gathering to my home, and now it'll be a reality. Mark your calender Nov 29 !!!

If you have any questions, you can PM me here and I will answer them as soon as I can.

More details will be forthcoming as i work with "NATURAL GUY ".

Thank you all

Allentown huh... i might have to come down.. I do not live to far away....

zanderfever
10-23-08, 10:40 pm
Just a little warning young buck, "Ragin Asian" is Mrs Kathy Fields. She is a 400lb bencher!!! So be careful who you talk smack to.

The reason you're getting a little shit. Is because the bulk of us who've been around the block have heard that excuse before and it doesn't hold much water.

Just remember, you are starting out, and respect must be given and will be returned when you have proven yourself. I've seen thousands of young kids who were wet behind the ears. Come out talking smack and showing no respect and before you knew it, they were gone forever never to be heard from again.

You may think your training is intense, but you've never experienced a bench day at Southside, let alone a Metal Militia bench day with Bill Crawford for example. Everyone who has came into our sanctuary has left a far better lifter with a wealth of knowledge that he didn't possess prior to arriving.

So from the outside looking in, you are shortchanging yourself by not allowing yourself to be exposed to experienced lifters who have competed hundreds of times all over this country and this world. How can you even compare the two???

I'm sorry. I got a little ahead of myself there, I will admit that and I regret it. I'm not used to getting shit about my effort in the gym. I take pride in how hard I push myself and just seeing a forum name that has no meaning to me, since I don't know who it is, just rubbed me the wrong way. I took it at face value. I apologize for this, and in hindsight I realize I acted in haste.

I've been trying to be apologetic and nice about this whole situation. I haven't meant any harm to anybody. I feel like an ass for doing what I hate to see others do to people on forums. I always try to be friendly and helpful on forums and this is the first time that i've had something like this happen that has to do directly with me. Just stings that I was the one who caused it.

Big Dog
10-23-08, 11:49 pm
I'm sorry. I got a little ahead of myself there, I will admit that and I regret it. I'm not used to getting shit about my effort in the gym. I take pride in how hard I push myself and just seeing a forum name that has no meaning to me, since I don't know who it is, just rubbed me the wrong way. I took it at face value. I apologize for this, and in hindsight I realize I acted in haste.

I've been trying to be apologetic and nice about this whole situation. I haven't meant any harm to anybody. I feel like an ass for doing what I hate to see others do to people on forums. I always try to be friendly and helpful on forums and this is the first time that i've had something like this happen that has to do directly with me. Just stings that I was the one who caused it.

Listen, don't get down on yourself. But realize this, we aren't giving you shit about your effort/dedication. But your rationale is weak. It is admirable to stay loyal to the guys you train with, but what you think is hardcore, is probably low intensity to us.

The majority of the top level guys WANT TO HELP PEOPLE. But what gets us is that NOBODY TAKES US UP ON IT. They are reluctant or afraid to step out of their comfort zone. I am not saying you are. But if your training partners don't want to jump on a golden opportunity to train with some of the game's best. Especially when it's within a reasonable driving distance SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Your naiveness is understandable. You are new to the sport and don't know who everybody is and the names they go by. But nobody is ridiculing you, but we hate to see people make mistakes that are avoidable.

Good Luck in your training .

zanderfever
10-24-08, 7:32 am
Listen, don't get down on yourself. But realize this, we aren't giving you shit about your effort/dedication. But your rationale is weak. It is admirable to stay loyal to the guys you train with, but what you think is hardcore, is probably low intensity to us.

The majority of the top level guys WANT TO HELP PEOPLE. But what gets us is that NOBODY TAKES US UP ON IT. They are reluctant or afraid to step out of their comfort zone. I am not saying you are. But if your training partners don't want to jump on a golden opportunity to train with some of the game's best. Especially when it's within a reasonable driving distance SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Your naiveness is understandable. You are new to the sport and don't know who everybody is and the names they go by. But nobody is ridiculing you, but we hate to see people make mistakes that are avoidable.

Good Luck in your training .

Then to redeem myself, may I see if I can come train with you in the near future? I've fucked up and I don't see another way to fix what i've done.

McFly
10-24-08, 8:21 am
wow craziness....

there is something to be had at this ABC for all the Animals here......this will be unlike any other ABC for sure. come, bring your crew, if not go some other time and pay the $10 guest fee LOL

I can't wait to finally step into Southside Iron. I'll be packing my mental pen and pad taking notes all day!

Hoomgar
10-24-08, 10:22 am
I can't wait to finally step into Southside Iron. I'll be packing my mental pen and pad taking notes all day!

x2 to that McFly. No way I'm missing this event. After meeting Big Gene last Saturday I'm convinced that no matter how hard you go. how far you go in this sport, there is always more. Sometimes, MUCH more.

Hey Big Dog, just want to say again how much it is appreciated that you people up their have taken your time to put this one together. I'm an ABC/Animal junkie and I can see a familiar spirit in South Side.

On another less serious note. We got my boy a pair of the South Side Iron sweatpants at the meet last Saturday (after many test fittings LOL) and he wears them every day! Mom had to make him throw them in the laundry last night.

Hg

Big Dog
10-24-08, 12:09 pm
Then to redeem myself, may I see if I can come train with you in the near future? I've fucked up and I don't see another way to fix what i've done.

Listen my friend, you didn't fuck up. I fully understand where you are coming from. You are caught behind a rock and a hard place.

You are welcome at Southside anytime you can make it down. Listen, we are here to help and sometimes we come across as gruff hard asses. But we sincerely want to help. We can see guys potentially headed for problems way way before they even realize what's going on. WHY???? Because we have been there before and want t try and help you avoid needless mistakes.

You are taking the first step in your evolution as an adult my friend. If you need anything, you know where to find me.

Big Dog
10-24-08, 12:13 pm
x2 to that McFly. No way I'm missing this event. After meeting Big Gene last Saturday I'm convinced that no matter how hard you go. how far you go in this sport, there is always more. Sometimes, MUCH more.

Hey Big Dog, just want to say again how much it is appreciated that you people up their have taken your time to put this one together. I'm an ABC/Animal junkie and I can see a familiar spirit in South Side.

On another less serious note. We got my boy a pair of the South Side Iron sweatpants at the meet last Saturday (after many test fittings LOL) and he wears them every day! Mom had to make him throw them in the laundry last night.

Hg

Thank you for the compliment!!!! I do what I can do, and that's all I can do.

We're looking forward to the ABC Day at Southside.

I hope as many Animals make it out, it'll be day nobody will forget.

Ragin Asian
10-24-08, 1:10 pm
Don't worry, Zanderfever. I'm sure you have a lot of heart and guts, it wasn't meant to be taken personally. But if it will get you and anyone else fired up enough to show up, then I've done them a favor. Use that as motivation, because regardless of size and actual strength, everyone should always respect the fact that it's 99% mental in this game. Trust me, we are all head cases (even the big lifters) when it comes to pushing iron! Every ounce of motivation is needed!!

Hope you and even your crew can make it out our way. You'll enjoy it and get a whoopass workout for sure!

McFly and BigAl, can't wait to see you guys again soon!!!

zanderfever
10-24-08, 4:06 pm
Listen my friend, you didn't fuck up. I fully understand where you are coming from. You are caught behind a rock and a hard place.

You are welcome at Southside anytime you can make it down. Listen, we are here to help and sometimes we come across as gruff hard asses. But we sincerely want to help. We can see guys potentially headed for problems way way before they even realize what's going on. WHY???? Because we have been there before and want t try and help you avoid needless mistakes.

You are taking the first step in your evolution as an adult my friend. If you need anything, you know where to find me.

Thank you for understanding. I'll be talking to my Dad ASAP to see if I could come up next weekend. Its the soonest time that I have the capability to get up there.

Don't worry, Zanderfever. I'm sure you have a lot of heart and guts, it wasn't meant to be taken personally. But if it will get you and anyone else fired up enough to show up, then I've done them a favor. Use that as motivation, because regardless of size and actual strength, everyone should always respect the fact that it's 99% mental in this game. Trust me, we are all head cases (even the big lifters) when it comes to pushing iron! Every ounce of motivation is needed!!

Hope you and even your crew can make it out our way. You'll enjoy it and get a whoopass workout for sure!

McFly and BigAl, can't wait to see you guys again soon!!!

Then I will thank you. I noticed you mentioned that you guys have a Special Olympian working out with you in one of your posts before. I actually work with the Special Olympics myself and am very happy to see a Special Olympian with you guys training hard. Much respect for that as well as the poundages your lifting.

I hope all this works out. It would be an honor to train with all of you.

MikeMoore
10-26-08, 7:05 pm

Take Care

Boy I hate when my name gets brought up about stuff! LOL!

But,for the record, I NEVER tell someone who trains with me not to do something, nor do I hold it against them. If Alex wants to go, he's more to free to attend, doesn't bother me in the least. If he thinks he can learn something from it, great. I have no problem.

Alex may feel a certain loyalty to me since I got him into powerlifting, and have helped him out and got him into his first meet, that he did very well in,btw. But I don't prevent anyone from trying to learn from others. Thats not what I'm about. I've been around awhile but I do not even pretend to know everything. Far from it.

Gene, I have nothing against you, and I respect you, and I may very well be missing out on learning some stuff. But I will not be able to make it. I am planning on doing Skiba's meet again in January. I was planning on resting for awhile after I did Sandi's meet a couple weeks ago, but John Bott invited me to do it again and since I am unhappy with how I did at Sandi's and the IPA has a raw division, I plan on doing it. I also like this meet very much, it is one of the best run meets I've been to and I also enjoy lifting in the IPA.

When I train for a meet thats all I think or care about. Its just not feasible for me to make it out there right now.Like I said before, I do not pretend to know everything, but unlike Alex who is starting out, I've been around awhile and have trained, talked and learned from some of the best. Some of the best bench advice I ever got was from JM Blakely, and Kara Bohigian talked me into getting a bench shirt and squat suit when I used to lift equipped. Kara is a good friend and I've trained with her often. Then I went and trained with Shawna Mendelson. Shawna helped get me from a 507 shirt bench(got absolutely nothing from the shirt then) to a 617 in a couple months. Then shortly after, I gave up shirt benching and became strictly a raw lifter. I also make sure to surround myself with some great guys. One of my training partners, Troy, has been around this game a long time and used to train at Iron Island when Dr. Ken owned it and used to train with the likes of John Bott and Pat Susco. So I have sought out advice whenever I felt I needed to and I always try to learn.

I also have ALOT of guys that train with me, most of them cannot travel for various reasons and alot of them plan on doing this meet in January. So my obligation is to them as well. Powerlifting isn't very big in Yonkers, so most guys that want to learn ask to train with me, so I try to help out and promote the sport as best I can.

If the event was closer and at a different time, I would try to attend. But Alex is more than welcomed to come if he can get there and feels he can learn from attending. Maybe he can then teach me a thing or 2 when he gets back. Whos knows.

I just don't want to see Alex take any more shit on here. He's a good kid. Just a little young and loyal to me. :)

Hopefully I'll see you in January.

Stay Strong.

Mike

Big Dog
10-26-08, 10:00 pm
Boy I hate when my name gets brought up about stuff! LOL!

But,for the record, I NEVER tell someone who trains with me not to do something, nor do I hold it against them. If Alex wants to go, he's more to free to attend, doesn't bother me in the least. If he thinks he can learn something from it, great. I have no problem.

Alex may feel a certain loyalty to me since I got him into powerlifting, and have helped him out and got him into his first meet, that he did very well in,btw. But I don't prevent anyone from trying to learn from others. Thats not what I'm about. I've been around awhile but I do not even pretend to know everything. Far from it.

Gene, I have nothing against you, and I respect you, and I may very well be missing out on learning some stuff. But I will not be able to make it. I am planning on doing Skiba's meet again in January. I was planning on resting for awhile after I did Sandi's meet a couple weeks ago, but John Bott invited me to do it again and since I am unhappy with how I did at Sandi's and the IPA has a raw division, I plan on doing it. I also like this meet very much, it is one of the best run meets I've been to and I also enjoy lifting in the IPA.

When I train for a meet thats all I think or care about. Its just not feasible for me to make it out there right now.Like I said before, I do not pretend to know everything, but unlike Alex who is starting out, I've been around awhile and have trained, talked and learned from some of the best. Some of the best bench advice I ever got was from JM Blakely, and Kara Bohigian talked me into getting a bench shirt and squat suit when I used to lift equipped. Kara is a good friend and I've trained with her often. Then I went and trained with Shawna Mendelson. Shawna helped get me from a 507 shirt bench(got absolutely nothing from the shirt then) to a 617 in a couple months. Then shortly after, I gave up shirt benching and became strictly a raw lifter. I also make sure to surround myself with some great guys. One of my training partners, Troy, has been around this game a long time and used to train at Iron Island when Dr. Ken owned it and used to train with the likes of John Bott and Pat Susco. So I have sought out advice whenever I felt I needed to and I always try to learn.

I also have ALOT of guys that train with me, most of them cannot travel for various reasons and alot of them plan on doing this meet in January. So my obligation is to them as well. Powerlifting isn't very big in Yonkers, so most guys that want to learn ask to train with me, so I try to help out and promote the sport as best I can.

If the event was closer and at a different time, I would try to attend. But Alex is more than welcomed to come if he can get there and feels he can learn from attending. Maybe he can then teach me a thing or 2 when he gets back. Whos knows.

I just don't want to see Alex take any more shit on here. He's a good kid. Just a little young and loyal to me. :)

Hopefully I'll see you in January.

Stay Strong.

Mike

Mike, First off I have no beef with you as well. Alex just really didn't handle this very well. Yes I understand he is a teen and he is lucky to have some people to train and gain experience with. But As I stated, he said some catch words that trigger things within me.

I just couldn't comprehend his statement that he couldn't miss a training day to attend this ABC Event at my gym. He kind of came off as the group he was with was all he needed and if he came anyway he would be letting the group down. And I responded that if the group felt that way, They weren't looking out for his best interests. If I had the opportunity when I was young to be able to train with Ken Lain, Anthony Clark, Dave Passanella. I would' ve given my right arm and did whatever I had to do to learn from the greats. And that's what I was trying to impart on Alex.

The message I was trying to relay is that be open-minded. If you aren't able/or willing to seek out Elite Lifters, especially when they are within a reasonable driving distance you are shortchanging yourself. And on top of it, This Event will bring together some intriguing and exceptional people in the world of Strength/ Powerlifting.

I have in my 27 years in this Game, been part of training Packs. I never let anything or anyone get in my way of getting better and /or stronger. What has happened over the years is the I got better, and the ones who chose not to seek out opportunities . Got left behind and eventually left the game while I ascended to where I am. I never forgoy where I started and continually try to impart my experiences to novice lifters.

I hope you understand where I was coming from during this thread. I hope as a elder member of a group, you teach these impressionable kids that it is ok to seek advice and assistance from elite lifters when the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you for your involvement in IPA Events. Good Luck in your Training and I will be present at Skiba's Meet on Jan 25.

MikeMoore
10-27-08, 9:51 am
Mike, First off I have no beef with you as well. Alex just really didn't handle this very well. Yes I understand he is a teen and he is lucky to have some people to train and gain experience with. But As I stated, he said some catch words that trigger things within me.

I just couldn't comprehend his statement that he couldn't miss a training day to attend this ABC Event at my gym. He kind of came off as the group he was with was all he needed and if he came anyway he would be letting the group down. And I responded that if the group felt that way, They weren't looking out for his best interests. If I had the opportunity when I was young to be able to train with Ken Lain, Anthony Clark, Dave Passanella. I would' ve given my right arm and did whatever I had to do to learn from the greats. And that's what I was trying to impart on Alex.

The message I was trying to relay is that be open-minded. If you aren't able/or willing to seek out Elite Lifters, especially when they are within a reasonable driving distance you are shortchanging yourself. And on top of it, This Event will bring together some intriguing and exceptional people in the world of Strength/ Powerlifting.

I have in my 27 years in this Game, been part of training Packs. I never let anything or anyone get in my way of getting better and /or stronger. What has happened over the years is the I got better, and the ones who chose not to seek out opportunities . Got left behind and eventually left the game while I ascended to where I am. I never forgoy where I started and continually try to impart my experiences to novice lifters.

I hope you understand where I was coming from during this thread. I hope as a elder member of a group, you teach these impressionable kids that it is ok to seek advice and assistance from elite lifters when the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you for your involvement in IPA Events. Good Luck in your Training and I will be present at Skiba's Meet on Jan 25.

Glad thats all cleared up now! :)

I understand where you are coming from. Just didn't want you to think I was some sort of dictator! LOL! I do try an encourage all my guys and always take out as much time as I can to help them.

Alex is a good kid. I think when you meet him you will be impressed with him. He trys real hard and listens to anything you tell him. He doesn't shy away from work. If you tell him to do 100 sets of squats to failure he would!!

This will be a rough training cycle, but I plan on being ready and then some for January. Look forward to seeing ya.

Ragin Asian
10-27-08, 2:16 pm
Mike, where's the location where you guys train? You mentioned Yonkers, but I am not familiar with where that is. Bobby and I like to hop around to meet new folks, get training sessions in with them if possible, and overall spread the love and represent the team. We understand many folks don't always have the means or opportunities to get out to our location for seminars or training sessions to pick the team's brains. So sometimes, when our schedule permits, we like to get out to where those folks are located and share what we know and try to learn from them as well. We don't pretend to know everything and we love to learn whenever possible. Sometimes we find that we pick up some of the greatest tips and even obscure but effective methods from folks who aren't elite athletes and just love powerlifting like we do. Everywhere we go, we look everyone in the eye at their level and treat everyone equally...we don't know the concept "I am better and know more than you because I am a world ranked lifter", it's just not our way. So if you have an open door, we'd love to meet you and your crew and share some good training, if that's possible.

Ragin Asian
10-27-08, 3:36 pm
Oh, to answer your question Zanderfever, we don't have a special olympian who trains with us, that is the coined nickname for my husband, Bobby Fields. There's a cute story behind it, no insult to the handicapped or challenged community at all. He's a good sport about the nickname. We know quite a few athletes in powerlifting who have various disabilities and not only are they good people, they are gifted athletes as well. We love to participate in meets where we get to witness their performances because they give us tremendous motivation and inspiration. In fact, just recently, BigDog, his wife Ame, and my husband Bobby helped host the powerlifting event at a Special Olympics tournament held in East Stroudsburg, PA back on October 12. I did not get the opportunity to go as I had to work and was also battling a kidney infection throughout the weekend, but my husband was very excited about it and the three of them shared their awesome experience in working with that group. That is very cool that you are so involved with such a special community. You will find that we share with you the same deep admiration.

MikeMoore
10-27-08, 4:41 pm
Mike, where's the location where you guys train? You mentioned Yonkers, but I am not familiar with where that is. Bobby and I like to hop around to meet new folks, get training sessions in with them if possible, and overall spread the love and represent the team. We understand many folks don't always have the means or opportunities to get out to our location for seminars or training sessions to pick the team's brains. So sometimes, when our schedule permits, we like to get out to where those folks are located and share what we know and try to learn from them as well. We don't pretend to know everything and we love to learn whenever possible. Sometimes we find that we pick up some of the greatest tips and even obscure but effective methods from folks who aren't elite athletes and just love powerlifting like we do. Everywhere we go, we look everyone in the eye at their level and treat everyone equally...we don't know the concept "I am better and know more than you because I am a world ranked lifter", it's just not our way. So if you have an open door, we'd love to meet you and your crew and share some good training, if that's possible.

Hey Kathy,

Where we are in Yonkers is pretty much right on the Bronx border. I believe the gym is the second exit after the Major Deegan becomes the NYS Thruway. We train at Powerhouse gym. Its pretty much the only "hardcore" gym left in Yonkers. The owner is really nice and has bought a power rack and competition bench for me and my team. He also lets me keep all my bars, chains, boxes, boards, etc in the spare room. Its still mostly a commercial gym, but noone bothers us when we train. Just alot of stares... and sometimes questions, like how much weight was on that bar....or my fav. what are the boards for??....Wish I had a nickel everytime I got asked that question!....lol.

Yes, I always have an open door for anyone to train with us. I am constantly offering guys to train with us and recruiting people to get into powerlifting. Some don't stay very long. But some have stuck it out and love it. Some just have some mental problems I'm still working on beating out of them! I mentioned on one of my other posts how powerlifting isn't very big here, so I always try and promote it as best I can. So if you're ever in the area, you are MORE than welcomed to come train with us. Would be great to have you guys.

You can email me anytime at YPCBencher@aol.com

Mike

Enforcer
10-28-08, 9:30 am
Do we have a head count going yet for this event?

Hoomgar
10-28-08, 10:59 am
Do we have a head count going yet for this event?

I'm in...

ForearmFreak
10-28-08, 11:14 am
Nice Hoomgar! It'll be nice to see you again.! Well you can definitely count me,KingKongPronged and JayAntacoli in.

McFly
10-28-08, 11:24 am
in like flynn

Enforcer
11-04-08, 11:44 am
So that makes it:

Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly

Is that correct thus far?

Hoomgar
11-04-08, 11:47 am
So that makes it:

Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly

I'm in E. Not doing so good getting Harrisburg off the ground so this will be good.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-04-08, 1:04 pm
In as well, cant miss cant miss an event that is 20 minutes away from me lol

Ragin Asian
11-04-08, 1:15 pm
Looks like this ABC event is starting to shape up nicely! We'll have two benches going at the same time, hard music, and extreme intensity!! Everyone is going to need those Turkey Day leftovers big time afterwards. I might even bring in some good-ole home cooking to help feed the Animals during and after the workout. I love to cook and with my Korean background, you fellas might enjoy some bulgogi for a good protein source!

Hoomgar
11-04-08, 1:37 pm
Looks like this ABC event is starting to shape up nicely! We'll have two benches going at the same time, hard music, and extreme intensity!! Everyone is going to need those Turkey Day leftovers big time afterwards. I might even bring in some good-ole home cooking to help feed the Animals during and after the workout. I love to cook and with my Korean background, you fellas might enjoy some bulgogi for a good protein source!

Sign me up RA! :)

Enforcer
11-04-08, 2:16 pm
I plan on making it out to this event as long as nothing comes up between now and then. I'll be training shoulders.

BigAnt
11-06-08, 9:33 pm
And the time is....

What a huge learning experience this will be!

DiMattia43
11-07-08, 6:35 pm
so guys...

this is going on, on the 29th?? and its in Allentown right??

i only live about an hour or so away from there...

this sounds great... one thing tho, i do not know any of you guys... or is it the same for everyone else??

just wanna make sure i would be welcome, ya know...

let me know... Thanks

Hoomgar
11-07-08, 6:43 pm
so guys...

this sounds great... one thing tho, i do not know any of you guys... or is it the same for everyone else??

let me know... Thanks

I get his liver!!!!!!

LOL!

Just look for the guys in the Animal shirts bro, we ain't hard to find :)

Hg

DiMattia43
11-07-08, 6:53 pm
I get his liver!!!!!!

LOL!

Just look for the guys in the Animal shirts bro, we ain't hard to find :)

Hg

o i am sure i wouldn't be able to miss yas..lol

as far as my liver goes, i am kinda attached to it, how cheesy was that..lol

what is the name of the gym you guys will be at?? also what time does this all start??

i think it would be a great experience....

Big Dog
11-07-08, 6:59 pm
Sorry guys I wanted to start posting news about the event, but I was in the hospital from 3 AM sunday morning ti Thursday afternoon with a severe case of pneumonia.

I am slowly getting back to speed on things, and I spoke to Natural Guy @ Animal to set up details.

So here's what I have so far, the Event will start around 2pm on the 29th and run til whenever. There will be a Q&A session afterwards for everyone to pick the brains of some of the experts,depending on who shows up. I will looking into possibly reserving a banquet room at a local restaurant so we all can eat together.

If there's anything I've missed, or anything you 'd like to see at the event, just drop me a PM here and I will see what I can do make it happen.

And of course everyone is welcome to attend. So I hope everyone who can come will.

Thanks Everyone.

scals
11-07-08, 7:00 pm
So that makes it:

Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly

I'm in. Debating on what I'm training.

DiMattia43
11-07-08, 7:02 pm
Sorry guys I wanted to start posting news about the event, but I was in the hospital from 3 AM sunday morning ti Thursday afternoon with a severe case of pneumonia.

I am slowly getting back to speed on things, and I spoke to Natural Guy @ Animal to set up details.

So here's what I have so far, the Event will start around 2pm on the 29th and run til whenever. There will be a Q&A session afterwards for everyone to pick the brains of some of the experts,depending on who shows up. I will looking into possibly reserving a banquet room at a local restaurant so we all can eat together.

If there's anything I've missed, or anything you 'd like to see at the event, just drop me a PM here and I will see what I can do make it happen.

And of course everyone is welcome to attend. So I hope everyone who can come will.

Thanks Everyone.

whats up man

can you tell me exactly where it is??

thanks man, i really wanna come do this, and i am sue i can get some of my fellow gym rats to come with....

Thanks

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-07-08, 7:03 pm
Hey Big Dog, is the southside iron crew training any specific lifts that day? Because I'm down to do whatever the crew is doing, gotta get myself some legit powerlifting in my bloodstream haha.

Hoomgar
11-07-08, 7:20 pm

Thanks Everyone.

Thanks for the update Big Dog. Sorry to hear you were under. Rest up big guy.

whats up man

can you tell me exactly where it is??

thanks man, i really wanna come do this, and i am sue i can get some of my fellow gym rats to come with....

Thanks

Here is the place, direction links there.

Hg

DiMattia43
11-07-08, 7:27 pm
very nice, thank you

Big Dog
11-07-08, 8:45 pm
Hey Big Dog, is the southside iron crew training any specific lifts that day? Because I'm down to do whatever the crew is doing, gotta get myself some legit powerlifting in my bloodstream haha.

I'm not really sure what everyone will be doing. It'll depend on who's around since it's a holiday weekend. I know some of the team will be benching, but I'm sure lots of heavy iron will be thrown around.

Big Dog
11-07-08, 8:46 pm
[QUOTE=Hoomgar;555007]Thanks for the update Big Dog. Sorry to hear you were under. Rest up big guy.

Thanks Hoomgar!!!!

See you on the 29th

Big Al
11-08-08, 12:06 am
Where the HELL is my name???
You know I'm there.BigDogs gotta teach me some tricks.

Ragin Asian
11-08-08, 9:32 pm
Bobby and I will be benching. If there are those who will be looking to train other lifts, we will definitely help out. The team is accustomed to having members focusing on different lifts throughout the day, so we all adapt our workouts to be able to train and spot/load/handle/coach on the fly for others depending on their needs.

Ragin Asian
11-08-08, 9:40 pm
To avoid having this ABC turn into a CF (clusterf**k), it might help to get an idea of what the Animals are looking forward to learning the most. Keep in mind that since it's close to the team's bench day, expect to see most of the intensity and focus on the benches with our members when you walk in. If there are any Animals hoping to get some emphasis on the squat and/or the deadlift, let's get a tally on who and what lifts now so that we have an idea on how we can organize things ahead of time to get it to go smoothly.

Like BigDog said, give us your ideas on what you'd like to see or have and those of us involved will do our best along with BigDog's guidance and direction.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-09-08, 10:25 am
To avoid having this ABC turn into a CF (clusterf**k), it might help to get an idea of what the Animals are looking forward to learning the most. Keep in mind that since it's close to the team's bench day, expect to see most of the intensity and focus on the benches with our members when you walk in. If there are any Animals hoping to get some emphasis on the squat and/or the deadlift, let's get a tally on who and what lifts now so that we have an idea on how we can organize things ahead of time to get it to go smoothly.

Like BigDog said, give us your ideas on what you'd like to see or have and those of us involved will do our best along with BigDog's guidance and direction.

I definately would like to work with you guys on bench, that is the lift that is severely lacking to my other two. And perhaps work in a little squat, get a few pointers and what not, make sure everything looks good. Thanks in advance.

Big Al
11-09-08, 12:05 pm
I wanna learn to bench press..LOL
Really I wanna come feel the greatness of the southside crew.And maybe pick up some bench pointers.

Joey D
11-09-08, 7:01 pm
Hey Boys!!

Count me in !!

Joey D

Enforcer
11-10-08, 11:30 am
o i am sure i wouldn't be able to miss yas..lol

as far as my liver goes, i am kinda attached to it, how cheesy was that..lol

what is the name of the gym you guys will be at?? also what time does this all start??

i think it would be a great experience....

I have posted up all of the details on the calender, check the "24/7/365" link

Enforcer
11-10-08, 11:33 am
so guys...

let me know... Thanks

Yes, you are correct bro- the 29th in Allentown at 2PM. It's ok you don't know anyone by face. Trust me, none of us did in the beginning either. That is what the ABC's are all about bro- meeting and getting to know all of your fellow Animals. Guys just like you who are all in this for the same common goal. Anyone is welcome to the events, you don't need to have a special invite. Bring some of your freinds too bro. This is going to be a great event, so try to make it out.

Enforcer
11-10-08, 11:38 am
Updated for Big Al:

Enforcer- possibly bringing bazookajoe
Big Dog
Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly
Big Al
Joey D
BigAnt
scals17
DiMattia43
KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
Ragin Asian

Help me out fellas and add your name to this list

jayanticoli
11-10-08, 11:46 am
i'm def in its 20 min from my house and i'm pissed i missed the last philly ABC

Enforcer
11-10-08, 11:55 am
Updated for Big Al:

Big Dog
Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly
Big Al
Joey D
BigAnt
scals17
DiMattia43
KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
Ragin Asian
jayanticoli

Help me out fellas and add your name to this list

Big Wides
11-10-08, 11:58 am
Big Dog
Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly
Big Al
Joey D
BigAnt
scals17
DiMattia43
KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
Ragin Asian
jayanticoli
Big Wides

Enforcer
11-10-08, 12:08 pm
Big Dog
Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly
Big Al
Joey D
BigAnt
scals17
DiMattia43
KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
Ragin Asian
jayanticoli
Big Wides

Ok now that we have a list going what is everyone going to be training?

I will be hitting shoulders

McFly
11-10-08, 12:40 pm
going to be one helluva a day!! i'm looking forward to it.

Enforcer
11-14-08, 11:36 am
Big ABC only a few days after Thurkey Day, dk about you guys but I'm fuckin pumped

Big Wides
11-14-08, 11:43 am
Big Dog
Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly
Big Al
Joey D
BigAnt
scals17
DiMattia43
KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
Ragin Asian
jayanticoli

Took my name off the list, got a lot of shit going on that weekend so I won't be able to make it

Enforcer
11-14-08, 11:45 am
Big Dog
Hoomgar
ForearmFreak
McFly
Big Al
Joey D
BigAnt
scals17
DiMattia43
KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
Ragin Asian
jayanticoli

Took my name off the list, got a lot of shit going on that weekend so I won't be able to make it

Damn Wides you def will be missed

Hoomgar
11-14-08, 3:13 pm
Big ABC only a few days after Thurkey Day, dk about you guys but I'm fuckin pumped

Load up on Turkey day, work it off at the ABC. Life is good Big E...

Damn Wides you def will be missed

Dang, x2 to that. Take care of your stuff Wides, catch you at another one bro.

Hg

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-14-08, 3:15 pm
Just thought i'd throw this in for shits and giggles, told the family that they need to cook an extra turkey for me while I'm at work on Thanksgiving(booo). I'm going to need something to eat fora 8 hour shift lol

Hoomgar
11-14-08, 3:20 pm
Just thought i'd throw this in for shits and giggles, told the family that they need to cook an extra turkey for me while I'm at work on Thanksgiving(booo). I'm going to need something to eat fora 8 hour shift lol

LOL! That's great bro. The funniest part of it is that YOU AIN'T KIDDIN! :D

Hg

JGudz88
11-14-08, 9:24 pm
I live in Easton too and I'm hoping we can get an ABC going around my area.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-14-08, 9:27 pm
Yo bro, check out the rest of the thread, we have on the 29th in allentown at southside iron. i believe the starting time is about 2pm

JGudz88
11-14-08, 9:38 pm

Who's in?

Im down for this. What do I have to do to sign up guys????

Hoomgar
11-15-08, 3:22 pm

You just did. Now all you gotta do is show up. It will be great to have ya there man.

Hg

Enforcer
11-17-08, 9:42 am

No sign up bro, just show up. Bring some freinds. I'll be there with some gear and samples for everyone.

Enforcer
11-18-08, 9:14 am
So Big Gene, any special things set up for this ABC?

Enforcer
11-19-08, 9:28 am
*Hard bump for more views/posts

brays3440
11-19-08, 11:30 am
I'd really love to attend this, but I'm not sure I would be able to swing the event. My little girl is going to be born on the 21st so I have to make sure I take care of her and the wife first.

Enforcer
11-19-08, 11:37 am
I'd really love to attend this, but I'm not sure I would be able to swing the event. My little girl is going to be born on the 21st so I have to make sure I take care of her and the wife first.

Hey man do what you need to do. And congrats on your new blessing

Big Dog
11-20-08, 1:08 am
So Big Gene, any special things set up for this ABC?

A few weeks back, I asked for ideas of what people wanted. And to this moment I have received 0 responses. This is new for me and I really want to do this right, but I don't know what exactly to do. Other than a Q & A with me and my team, I need input from everyone to do anything additional.

Thanks Enforcer!!!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-20-08, 8:05 am
A few weeks back, I asked for ideas of what people wanted. And to this moment I have received 0 responses. This is new for me and I really want to do this right, but I don't know what exactly to do. Other than a Q & A with me and my team, I need input from everyone to do anything additional.

Thanks Enforcer!!!

Perhaps some deadlifting or benching madness? Mayb the Big Dog can bench one of our cars in the parking lot lol!

jayanticoli
11-20-08, 9:26 am
Well if this is like any ABC i'm sure everyone will come planning on working a single bodypart as usual(chest, arms, shoulders etc...) so maybe you and some of your team can help each different group incorporate some different power movenents into their workout....theses things are usually all about learning so that should prolly workout for everyone. secondly where are we eating after????? haha and is Mr G Diesel gonna be in the building for this one?

Thanks Enforcer!!!

Enforcer
11-20-08, 9:30 am

Thanks Enforcer!!!

Well you heard it here fellas, what do all of you guys want to see?

Enforcer
11-20-08, 9:32 am
Well if this is like any ABC i'm sure everyone will come planning on working a single bodypart as usual(chest, arms, shoulders etc...) so maybe you and some of your team can help each different group incorporate some different power movenents into their workout....theses things are usually all about learning so that should prolly workout for everyone. secondly where are we eating after????? haha and is Mr G Diesel gonna be in the building for this one?

Thats not a bad idea, I know alot of guys would like to learn some new movements. That is a good ?, where are we eating afterwards? And yes, I talked to my boy G the other day and he plans on being there.

Hoomgar
11-20-08, 9:41 am
I was planning on doing a back workout that day but I'm down for any twist that might be thrown into the mix.

Looking forward to this one and whatever we do for eats after the ABC fellas.

Hg

jayanticoli
11-20-08, 10:48 am
I just remembered there is a killer japanese steakhouse/hibachi right up the street we should def go there..they have giant hibachi tables so we could all sit around one table prolly and eat all thier chicken and steak mmmmmmm

Enforcer
11-20-08, 11:04 am
I just remembered there is a killer japanese steakhouse/hibachi right up the street we should def go there..they have giant hibachi tables so we could all sit around one table prolly and eat all thier chicken and steak mmmmmmm

I am so down for this, where do I sign...lol

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-20-08, 11:07 am

omg yes! time to get my sushi onnnnnnnn! lol

jayanticoli
11-20-08, 11:09 am
Nice when we get to the ABC we should prolly call over and warn them that muliple GODZILLA!! will be coming soon to eat everything

Enforcer
11-20-08, 11:12 am
Nice when we get to the ABC we should prolly call over and warn them that muliple GODZILLA!! will be coming soon to eat everything

Great idea bro. If you have the number now, you may want to shoot them a call just to get some basic info like do we need reservations, how many can you sit at one time, etc.

Hoomgar
11-20-08, 11:16 am
Great idea bro. If you have the number now, you may want to shoot them a call just to get some basic info like do we need reservations, how many can you sit at one time, etc.

And so they are prepared. Remember that place after Greg Long's? They were not prepared for us!

Enforcer
11-20-08, 11:20 am
And so they are prepared. Remember that place after Greg Long's? They were not prepared for us!

No they weren't but it was so delicious

Big Dog
11-20-08, 12:12 pm
Perhaps some deadlifting or benching madness? Mayb the Big Dog can bench one of our cars in the parking lot lol!

I wish I could my friend, but I still working my way back from the bout with pnuemonia.

Yesterday I did only my 2nd workout since getting out of the hospital . I'll see what I can do by the time next week rolls around.

McFly
11-20-08, 12:42 pm
I wish I could my friend, but I still working my way back from the bout with pnuemonia.

Yesterday I did only my 2nd workout since getting out of the hospital . I'll see what I can do by the time next week rolls around.

take care big dog! see you next weekend!

Big Al
11-20-08, 9:17 pm
There are some other bench monsters there as well.If BIGDOG dont feel up to benching a car that day I'm sure Bobby can step in.The whole south side crew are all the shit on the bench.Thats why McFly and myself are training chest,to learn from the best.

jayanticoli
11-21-08, 7:29 am
I think we should get a list going of who was planning on training what that day.....this will give Big Dog and the gang a better idea of what they are working with....help this ABC go smoothly .....I planned on training shoulders

scals
11-21-08, 1:37 pm
I believe I will be training shoulders as well.

Enforcer
11-21-08, 1:43 pm
Shoulders here

jayanticoli
11-21-08, 2:58 pm
anyone else?? lets get this hiped up its a week away fellas

Enforcer
11-21-08, 3:05 pm
anyone else?? lets get this hiped up its a week away fellas

Did u get to call the steak house yet?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-21-08, 3:15 pm
I plan on soaking up as much powerlifting advice as possible... so prolly bench and some deads or squats.

Ragin Asian
11-21-08, 5:09 pm
Big portion of the workout looks like it will have a huge focus on the bench. Which is good because most of the team will be working on that mainly. Training for the shoulders, back, and arms could follow right after quite smoothly since it is usually a good part of the assistance work done right after bench. Those of you who were planning on focusing on those particular bodyparts will benefit from learning our style of benching because unlike traditional flat back upper chest benchpressing, our bench style incorporates far more major and smaller muscle groups. While there are rotations going on the benches, the deadlift can also get some focus when some of our members are not in their bench shirts to help give tips on form and technique. If anyone is looking to squat, speak up so we can get an idea if we need to do some rearranging in our gym for adequate space and walk through area. If there are only a few looking to squat, the current location of the monolift should be adequate.

This should actually go pretty well. Our team is very versatile and can handle several lifts at once during training sessions. Any other requests, please let us know.

I don't know what's been arranged for dining, but I noticed some requests for sushi. My husband and I are big on sushi!!! If it's not in the schedule for post workout for this ABC event, Bobby and I would still hit up the sushi spots with any of the Animals here at another day and time. We could discuss that further at the ABC on 11/29 when we all get together if anyone's interested in hooking up for that in the future.

Joey D
11-23-08, 8:21 pm
I will be bringing a guest to this event,Baptist.

Joey D

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-23-08, 8:25 pm
Big portion of the workout looks like it will have a huge focus on the bench. Which is good because most of the team will be working on that mainly. Training for the shoulders, back, and arms could follow right after quite smoothly since it is usually a good part of the assistance work done right after bench. Those of you who were planning on focusing on those particular bodyparts will benefit from learning our style of benching because unlike traditional flat back upper chest benchpressing, our bench style incorporates far more major and smaller muscle groups. While there are rotations going on the benches, the deadlift can also get some focus when some of our members are not in their bench shirts to help give tips on form and technique. If anyone is looking to squat, speak up so we can get an idea if we need to do some rearranging in our gym for adequate space and walk through area. If there are only a few looking to squat, the current location of the monolift should be adequate.

This should actually go pretty well. Our team is very versatile and can handle several lifts at once during training sessions. Any other requests, please let us know.

I don't know what's been arranged for dining, but I noticed some requests for sushi. My husband and I are big on sushi!!! If it's not in the schedule for post workout for this ABC event, Bobby and I would still hit up the sushi spots with any of the Animals here at another day and time. We could discuss that further at the ABC on 11/29 when we all get together if anyone's interested in hooking up for that in the future.

I'm definately trying to bench with you guys and throw in some deadlifting as well.

AND I'm down to hit up the sushi bar with ya!

Big_Spaz
11-24-08, 9:45 am
I'll be attending guys if you don't mind.

I'll probably be bringing a few of my friends with me as well. See you Saturday!

-Spaz

MawkieMawk
11-24-08, 10:12 am
YES! Pretty sure I can show up! Will be bringing just myself!
Lifting either Push day, or Legs!!

Big Dog
11-24-08, 10:20 am
Hey Guys, Just dropping a line real quick. I am still in York , Pa after the IPA Sr Natl's over the weekend. My wife "FYREBUSH" and I will be leaving shortly to head home. So I will stayed glued to the FORVM during the week to keep tabs on things.

Looking forward to hosting all the Animals this Saturday!!!! It'll be a kick ass day for sure.

Also FYI, Donnie Thompson broke his all-time record in the total yesterday going 1235-910-760 for a 2,905lbs total!!! And Big Rob McCray hit a 910 bench, and just missed a 925lbs bench when it drifted into the rack.

McFly
11-24-08, 10:40 am
ahhh...only days away!! we changed our training schedule this week so we can get some education on the bench from the freaks up at Southside. will be a great experience....

Enforcer
11-24-08, 10:43 am
Ok fellas, can someone get me a full list of eveyone coming to this event?

Big_Spaz
11-24-08, 10:46 am
Hey Guys, Just dropping a line real quick. I am still in York , Pa after the IPA Sr Natl's over the weekend. My wife "FYREBUSH" and I will be leaving shortly to head home. So I will stayed glued to the FORVM during the week to keep tabs on things.

Looking forward to hosting all the Animals this Saturday!!!! It'll be a kick ass day for sure.

Also FYI, Donnie Thompson broke his all-time record in the total yesterday going 1235-910-760 for a 2,905lbs total!!! And Big Rob McCray hit a 910 bench, and just missed a 925lbs bench when it drifted into the rack.

Damn, I forgot that was this weekend. I would have come up to watch some of the action.

This should be a great day coming up on Saturday. I'm excited to meet some of you guys and check the gym out.

-Spaz

Ragin Asian
11-24-08, 12:58 pm
Ok, here's what I have so far in trying to keep a tally on Animals who have said they will be attending or would try to:

Big Dog (Bench)
Fyrebush (BigDog's wife - maybe Bench, just competed and hit a sweeta$$ 315!! Congrats Fyrebush!!)
Enforcer
Hoomgar (Back)
ForearmFreak
McFly (Bench)
Big Al (Bench)
Joey D
Baptist
BigAnt
Scals17
DiMattia43
KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD (Bench/Deads)
Ragin Asian (Bench)
Bobby Fields (Bench)
Jayanticoli
Big_Spaz
MawkieMawk

Animals who mentioned earlier in thread or spoken for that they might be in attendance (please confirm):

Mr. Totality
Segansational
JGudz88
G Diesel

I tried to list what those of you mentioned you wanted to train or focus on. Add what you're interested in if I don't have it next to your name. Speak up if your name is not on the list and you're planning on coming out for a kicka$$ workout!!

Big_Spaz
11-24-08, 1:00 pm
I'll be hitting bench as well.

-Spaz

Hoomgar
11-24-08, 1:08 pm
Plans are to do back as noted but I may change my mind due to the opportunity at hand here. I'm playing it by ear but going in saying back day...

Hg

Enforcer
11-24-08, 1:15 pm
I'll be getting the care package ready for this weekend fellas.....

Joey D
11-24-08, 1:41 pm
Boys,

I'm so pissed!! I forgot that I had a surprise party to go to on sat. I told my wife that I was going to Animal Pak,and she said" did you forget that you had your friend party to go to? Please take my name off the list.

Joe D

Ragin Asian
11-24-08, 1:49 pm
No problem dude. I'm maintaining a list off-forum and I'll take your name off. We'll update the list on the thread every now and then for a good head count.

Too bad you can't make it out to this one. But just know that our doors are open and you are more than welcome to meet the team and train at another time when your schedule permits.

Silverbullet
11-24-08, 2:03 pm
I'm glad I stumbled on this opportunity. I'll be hitting chest but looking to pick up as much as I can on deads.
-Ed

Big Dog (Bench)
Fyrebush (BigDog's wife - maybe Bench, just competed and hit a sweeta$$ 315!! Congrats Fyrebush!!)
Enforcer
Hoomgar (Back)
ForearmFreak
McFly (Bench)
Big Al (Bench)
Baptist
BigAnt
Scals17
DiMattia43
Ragin Asian (Bench)
Bobby Fields (Bench)
Jayanticoli
Big_Spaz (Bench)
MawkieMawk
Silverbullet (Bench)

Animals who mentioned earlier in thread or spoken for that they might be in attendance (please confirm):

Mr. Totality
Segansational
JGudz88
G Diesel

Enforcer
11-24-08, 2:04 pm
Ok well since NG won't be at the event, we need some1 who has a camera to take pics of the ABC on Saturday. I want to make sure we have this bc last time in Philly when NG wasn't there, we barely got any pics

Joey D
11-24-08, 4:16 pm
Ragin,

Thanks.hope to meet you and the crew soon .

Joey D

Big Dog
11-24-08, 5:47 pm
Ok well since NG won't be at the event, we need some1 who has a camera to take pics of the ABC on Saturday. I want to make sure we have this bc last time in Philly when NG wasn't there, we barely got any pics

Problem solved, My wife will be taking pix and vid to record this event. So we'll have plenty to post for anyone who cannot make it out.

Big_Spaz
11-24-08, 6:55 pm
The way it looks now I'll be bringing my best friend, my wife and my 6 year old son. My wife and son are going to drop me and my buddy off, go shopping for the day and then come back to go out to eat.

I don't want my son getting in the way, or harms way for that matter, but hopefully he can come in and meet some of you guys. He met Gene at a meet in York about two years ago and he still talks about it to this day. He calls him that 'really big guy' so I know it will mean a lot to him if he gets a nice warm ANIMAL welcome.

-Spaz

Ragin Asian
11-24-08, 11:54 pm
Big Spaz, that would be cool to meet the little guy. I'm sure he would have a hell of a time meeting all the Animals. We love when the little ones get to watch what we do and see the excitement in their faces. My daughter loves when she comes to our meets and gets to go back to school to brag about how none of her bodyguards are under 200lbs and can lift "really huge weights!" LOL!!!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-24-08, 11:57 pm
Found out my boy will be coming as well, his forvm name is AtomBomb. So +1 by me.

Enforcer
11-25-08, 9:05 am
Problem solved, My wife will be taking pix and vid to record this event. So we'll have plenty to post for anyone who cannot make it out.

Good shit bro

Enforcer
11-25-08, 9:07 am
Who's ready?

Ragin Asian
11-25-08, 11:30 am
We've been ready! My husband and I go to sleep every night still chatting about it as we are so excited to meet everyone and get a great workout in for sure!

Enforcer
11-25-08, 11:41 am
We've been ready! My husband and I go to sleep every night still chatting about it as we are so excited to meet everyone and get a great workout in for sure!

It's def going to be great to meet everyone and put a name to the face

McFly
11-25-08, 12:54 pm

I don't know if this is good or bad for us.....I've heard stories.....hahaha kidding...well not really.....LMAO

Enforcer
11-25-08, 12:56 pm
It's def going to be great to meet everyone and put a face to the name

*Edited

Ragin Asian
11-25-08, 2:14 pm
I don't know if this is good or bad for us.....I've heard stories.....hahaha kidding...well not really.....LMAO

Don't worry, you guys will be safe. LOL!! I keep the toys, restraints, and ball gags at home.

McFly
11-25-08, 2:37 pm
Don't worry, you guys will be safe. LOL!! I keep the toys, restraints, and ball gags at home.

WHAT FUN IS THAT???!?!?! hahaha

see you in a few days....

jayanticoli
11-25-08, 5:22 pm
made a mistake about the steakhouse....the one i was talking about is called A-1 japanese steakhouse and hibachi....i forgot its actually like 6 or 7 miles back east on route 78 from the gym we r gonna be at...maybe big dog may have a better suggestion i mean we can go there as long as everyone is cool with driving

Big Dog
11-26-08, 2:24 pm
Just a bit of info, My wife and I had special T-shirts printed for Saturday's ABC Day. They are gold T's with our Southside logo along with printing on the back. So make sure you bring cash if you want one. The price of the T's are $20 . Sizes available are Medium thru 3xl, they are Gildan 50/50 and they are cut big.

We will have other Southside merchandise as well as Inzer gear that can be purchased.

Have a great Turkey Day and we'll see all the Animals on Saturday!!!

Hoomgar
11-26-08, 2:27 pm
Just a bit of info, My wife and I had special T-shirts printed for Saturday's ABC Day. They are gold T's with our Southside logo along with printing on the back. So make sure you bring cash if you want one. The price of the T's are $20 . Sizes available are Medium thru 3xl, they are Gildan 50/50 and they are cut big.

We will have other Southside merchandise as well as Inzer gear that can be purchased.

Sweet! Thanks Gene. You guys are really going all out for this one. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hg

naturalguy
11-26-08, 3:12 pm
Sounds like it's going to be a great event

McFly
11-26-08, 3:13 pm

I'll have to get me one of those shirts!!!

BigAnt
11-26-08, 3:17 pm
Who's ready?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Very much looking forward to this!

naturalguy
11-26-08, 3:37 pm
Someone better take pics and post them up

ForearmFreak
11-26-08, 3:42 pm

you missing out again ng??

naturalguy
11-26-08, 3:49 pm
you missing out again ng??

Unfortunately yes. This is one I really wanted to go to. The chance to see BigDog train is a unique opportunity.

mikejones1
11-26-08, 3:52 pm
where the heck is the adress for this event? im going nuts searching through posts trying to find it. if its not too far i can possibly attend, and will definetly have 1 other w me, maybe 2

naturalguy
11-26-08, 3:56 pm
where the heck is the adress for this event? im going nuts searching through posts trying to find it. if its not too far i can possibly attend, and will definetly have 1 other w me, maybe 2

Where:
Big Dog's (aka Gene Rychlak) Home Gym
Southside Iron- http://www.rychlakpowersystems.com/S...on/Garage.html
1901 South 12th Street
Allentown, PA 18103
2:00 PM

mikejones1
11-26-08, 3:57 pm
Where:
Big Dog's (aka Gene Rychlak) Home Gym
Southside Iron- http://www.rychlakpowersystems.com/S...on/Garage.html
1901 South 12th Street
Allentown, PA 18103
2:00 PM

thanks

mikejones1
11-26-08, 4:03 pm
anyone from the ny area hitting this one up? im just wondering what the train route would look like.

Enforcer
11-26-08, 4:11 pm

Thats bad ass bro, def gonna have to pick one of these shirts up

Enforcer
11-26-08, 4:11 pm

Don't worry NG we have got that covered

Enforcer
11-26-08, 4:12 pm
Only a few days away fellas. Got the care package in my car and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Hoomgar
11-26-08, 4:16 pm
Only a few days away fellas. Got the care package in my car and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

x2, I'm stoked bro.

Hoomgar
11-26-08, 4:51 pm
im gona be making my way up to ny, dont know how exactly yet but ill be there with 1 other animal, maybe 2.

It will be cool to meet you bro. Be sure to give me a shout if I don't find you first.

Hg

mikejones1
11-26-08, 5:16 pm
It will be cool to meet you bro. Be sure to give me a shout if I don't find you first.

Hg

definetly, gona be a great learning experience.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-26-08, 7:50 pm
Lookin forward to seeing everyone again, New faces and old faces... I'm looking to set a new deadlift PR on saturday so all the motvation from the Animal crew would be awesome!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Eat up And get ready for an AWESOME SATURDAY!

Big Dog
11-26-08, 9:29 pm
The clock is feverishly ticking away!!!! Just got home from the gym, its great to feel the blood pumping again. I could only train once last week since I had to load the equipment and head out to IPA Sr Natl's last weekend.

The trip is always worth it especially seeing my friends I only see a few times a year. And the topper was my wife "FYREBUSH" making her shirted debut in the bench. She ended up with 315lbs with plenty left in the tank, and she pulled 375lbs and missed 405lbs.

So I will try and give it a go with some shirt work on Saturday. Don't know what will fly, but I gotta be an Animal, and let the fur fly!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, And I expect to see some heavy iron being flung around!!!

If anyone gets lost, and can't find the gym, my cell# is 484-363-3983

BigAnt
11-28-08, 12:53 pm
OK

im gona be making my way up to ny, dont know how exactly yet but ill be there with 1 other animal, maybe 2.

Big Dog (Bench)
Enforcer
Hoomgar (Back)
ForearmFreak
McFly (Bench)
Big Al (Bench)
Baptist
BigAnt +1 (Bench/Dead)
Scals17
DiMattia43
Ragin Asian (Bench)
Bobby Fields (Bench)
Jayanticoli
Big_Spaz (Bench)
MawkieMawk
Silverbullet (Bench)
brandon cutler +1 (Bench, hope to learn from the big dogs on how to really bench)

Mr. Totality
Segansational
JGudz88
G Diesel

ForearmFreak
11-28-08, 1:05 pm
i'm right up there with learning anything....i will be benching and deadlifting though

McFly
11-29-08, 8:51 am
ahhh today's the day......

Big_Spaz
11-29-08, 9:08 am
I'm awake and ready to rock and roll.

I have two buddies meeting me here at my house around 12:30 and then we are packing the car and heading up on the hour and fifteen minute drive.

It should be worth it though. I'm pumped. See you guys soon!

And Mark, I'll give you the R-A's lowdown when I see you. Sorry I didn't call ... but really there was no reason too. I'm not a happy camper right now.

-Spaz

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-29-08, 10:02 am
Only a few hours away, I'm so pumped for this one! See everyone soon!

Big Wides
11-29-08, 10:22 am
Enjoy this one and have fun......

ForearmFreak
11-29-08, 10:48 am
i can almost feel the chalk on my fingers now...

G Diesel
11-29-08, 12:51 pm
Have a hectic weekend following the holidays, so I'm not gonna make it out to Southside, but I know my boys will do me proud and train hard in my absence. Can't wait to see the pics of the freakshow. Peace, G

BigAnt
11-29-08, 12:58 pm
Big Al, Mcfly and Harry are around the corner from my house, we will be leaving now, all pile in the Big Ant ride....

scals
11-29-08, 6:26 pm
Today was a great time. Everyone looked huge and on their game. It was great to see everyone today.

ForearmFreak
11-29-08, 6:50 pm
Today was awesome, a true hardcore gym...i'll be posting video's later

Big_Spaz
11-29-08, 7:29 pm
Great time today guys, glad I made the journey up.

Gene and his wife were excellent hosts. I'll definitely make the journey up again sometime to train. The guys I brought with me were a bit intimidated by the whole scene, but if your not around the game it would be at first.

Gene was impressive as always. Great to see one of the true legends of the sport in action. And I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but the one guy that came in with the red Animal shirt on and then later had the black Animal Tank Top on was truly massive. Unbelievable physique. Everyone looked great, but that dude is a straight up Beast.

Just when you think your making some progress, you see a guy like that and you go out to your garage and hit more squats until you puke ... then you look in the mirror and realize your still not there. Just massive.

-Spaz

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
11-29-08, 8:07 pm
Truly an amzing experience to train in a hardcore gym that is Southside Iron. Great to meet and train with everyone again. New faces and old is always a pleasure.

Southside Iron is truly a "diamond in the rough" The amount of gyms going mainstream to accomadate the "pretty boys" and fitness fanatics is getting ridiculous and I appreciate Southside Iron being one of the only gyms In PA to still hold true to the HARDCORE mentality.

BigDog, thank you for having this event man. Even on your "light day", lol, it was truly impressive to see how easy you can throw around weight like that.

I realize how important it is for me more than ever to get to a facility like yours. You'll be seeing me again soon.

Take care all, hopefully see everyone again Next week in Jersey.

Fyre Bush
11-29-08, 9:19 pm
Here's a link to the photos I took today. If anyone wants a full size file, just pm me with the photo number and your email and I'll send it to ya.

http://www.rychlakpowersystems.com/photogal/ABCday112908/index.htm

It was great to see everyone there today, hope you'll all be back for our next one!

Big Al
11-29-08, 9:30 pm
Thanks Spaz,That was me in the black Animal tank.
I had a good time,alway enjoy training with the other Animals.LOL

ForearmFreak
11-29-08, 9:47 pm
Alright brothers i just finished uploading the videos and i need the one guys forvm name or last name..in the video someone says the name bobby and i'm guessing this is him.

video #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAhabqRdeg4

Video#2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL2wo4lOcTs

video #3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuIU0N1ZUyo

video #4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU8XF7PxreU

video #5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hxJYgFU4h0

video #6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yyAw9-bj5k

video #7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yyAw9-bj5k (damn i'm skinny PR though)

video #8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEKaMpAeJSQ (that was the second PR of the day for him...

prowrestler
11-29-08, 10:57 pm
lol at gene board pressing a million pounds like it was an empty bar

and kings 600 deadlift looked great

not enough celebration after though! you shoulda went crazy!

BigAnt
11-30-08, 1:40 am
Special thanks to Gene and his wife for being great hosts today, the food was delicious! (great macaroni/chicken salad Kathy!) And the chilli was out of this world! Special thanks to Bobby and Kathy Fields for letting me pick their brain on board benching/dead lift form and weight loads when benching VERY MUCH APPPRECIATED!

Glad to see Gene heathier and moving weight (light for him, heavy ass for normal folks)

Big Al Mycfly where their usually strong self on the bench, board presses and incline dumbells. (My attack dog still wants a piece of you all! HAHAHA) Harry and myself did several sets of bench and I did board benches with KingKong and his crew (great PR in the dead KingKong) and we finished up with Incline machine and cables...

Very cool to see again Enforcer, Scals and Brandon Cutler...Scals and Enforcer where moving heavy weights on shoulders, and Brandon looked like you gained some nice lean muscle since we last met...great job! Hoomgar had very nice rack puLls, you looked very strong today, and don't give this old crap, you are almost my age! LOL

Was great to see the South Side Team in action! And Michelle, teacher by day, strong as hell after work...and very nice! This girl threw up 100lb dumbbell presses easy--AFTER many sets of heavy bench/board presses!

Looking forward to learning more from this team again !

McFly
11-30-08, 9:46 am
awesome time yesterday.... there is so much knowledge and experience floating around Southside. Thanks Big Dog for hosting it, I learned a lot yesterday. and a big thanks to Ragin Asain and Bobby for taking time to help me and explain the art of the bench haha....hope we call all get togeher again.

Big Al
11-30-08, 9:02 pm
Just us..
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/twstdmfp/southsideabc2.jpg

McFly
12-01-08, 8:09 am
Just us..
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp51/twstdmfp/southsideabc2.jpg

great time!!!!! one ABC i'll never forget.....but where were the PUMP samples....long ass day, I could have used some!!!!! hahaha