PDA

View Full Version : Wrath's Meal Plans from "The Journey"...

widdlewade44
02-19-08, 9:45 am
Here's are two links to some of the 'Extras' from The Journey. These are Wrath's Meal Plans during The Journey.

Wrath's Meal Plan Week #2:

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=289&section=

Wrath's Meal Plan Week #9:

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=334

Kevin
widdlewade44

Universal Rep
02-19-08, 10:10 am
Sweet. Not the yams and eye round part. Man, how does Wrath do it?

Preston
02-19-08, 10:12 am
Pretty cool.

Preston
02-19-08, 10:13 am

Does he do anything else except for bb?

jer
02-19-08, 10:23 am
"Simple, basic, tasteless as shit." ahh, the joys of dieting.

And seriously, can any of you guys eat 3 cups of oatmeal? I'm just curious, because I can barely choke down a single cup in a half hour, let alone 3 freaking cups. I've actually ditched the oatmeal and swapped it for rice because I just can't eat that shit.

Universal Rep
02-19-08, 10:25 am
Fellas, keep in mind that this is his actual precontest diet. It's not a basic, comprehensive, or general meal plan.

Brutus_515
02-19-08, 10:25 am
haha the facial expressions say it all on the first one..

Fury317
02-19-08, 10:29 am

And seriously, can any of you guys eat 3 cups of oatmeal? I'm just curious, because I can barely choke down a single cup in a half hour, let alone 3 freaking cups. I've actually ditched the oatmeal and swapped it for rice because I just can't eat that shit.

I could but it would be too much for me. I love oatmeal. Last fall I was up to 2 cups every morning. Some cinnamon and splenda on there. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Brute
02-19-08, 10:54 am
haha the facial expressions say it all on the first one..

+1 lol

loiacanoa
02-19-08, 12:47 pm
i just bought some ground eye round today. gunna try this recipe out...

Liftbig21
02-19-08, 12:59 pm
4 lbs of beef a day? what the fuck...he must shit like a horse.

Rexor91
02-19-08, 1:16 pm

Yams are awesome... sprinkle some cinnamon and it's good to go

1skinnyassedrunt
02-19-08, 1:17 pm
What is eye round? never heard of it, unless its what we call in the UK stewing steak?

Rexor91
02-19-08, 1:17 pm
I could but it would be too much for me. I love oatmeal. Last fall I was up to 2 cups every morning. Some cinnamon and splenda on there. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Shit man, not me... it bloats the immortal hell outta me big time lol

1skinnyassedrunt
02-19-08, 1:19 pm

Same bro, I can only stomach it raw covered in milk like cereal

widdlewade44
02-19-08, 1:20 pm
What is eye round? never heard of it, unless its what we call in the UK stewing steak?

Here's a link I've found to hopefully help you:

www.askthemeatman.com/eye_of_round_roast_or_steak.htm

Kevin
widdlewade44

1skinnyassedrunt
02-19-08, 1:27 pm
Here's a link I've found to hopefully help you:

www.askthemeatman.com/eye_of_round_roast_or_steak.htm

Kevin
widdlewade44

Sounds like what we call Silverside in the UK, so basically beef that either needs v quick cooking, or cooking in liquid/stock for hours to tenderise it

widdlewade44
02-19-08, 1:33 pm
Sounds like what we call Silverside in the UK, so basically beef that either needs v quick cooking, or cooking in liquid/stock for hours to tenderise it

Yeah, you're right. I think it is an inexpensive cut of meat too, at least over here in the USA.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Rexor91
02-19-08, 1:39 pm
Same bro, I can only stomach it raw covered in milk like cereal

With a scoop of protien powder!

krazyassmexican
02-19-08, 1:46 pm

you ever tried ezekiel cereal?

Carpe Diem P.T
02-19-08, 1:56 pm
i chuck my oatmeal in my blender. u blend that shit up with milk, banana, yoghurt and protein powder and its easy to take down 2 cups. i would rather die than sit there and eat it out of a bowl. I will only ever be drinking my oatmeal thats for sure.

Rexor91
02-19-08, 2:00 pm
i chuck my oatmeal in my blender. u blend that shit up with milk, banana, yoghurt and protein powder and its easy to take down 2 cups. i would rather die than sit there and eat it out of a bowl. I will only ever be drinking my oatmeal thats for sure.

Yeah man no doubt... this is how I mainly eat mine as well. 1/2 to 1 cup oats, 6 oz water, 6oz milk, 1 cup blue berries, and 5 egg whites... even a tbs peanut butter sometimes

Rexor91
02-19-08, 2:00 pm
you ever tried ezekiel cereal?

Nope, had the bread... cereal good stuff?

krazyassmexican
02-19-08, 2:12 pm
Nope, had the bread... cereal good stuff?

cereal is the shit, no bloat, tastes amazing and the fiber makes you shit!

Rexor91
02-19-08, 2:16 pm
cereal is the shit, no bloat, tastes amazing and the fiber makes you shit!

Just find it at a health food store or what? I'd like to try it

krazyassmexican
02-19-08, 2:18 pm
Just find it at a health food store or what? I'd like to try it

yeah or whole foods has it too.... i only tried the golden flax one
it is amazing
some days i mix it with oats and milk and it's like a cheat meal to my teeth LOL

Rexor91
02-19-08, 3:57 pm
it is amazing
some days i mix it with oats and milk and it's like a cheat meal to my teeth LOL

lmao... does it have a honey/flax glaze on it or something, assuming cause of the name "golden flax"? Is Whole foods a store?

1skinnyassedrunt
02-19-08, 4:03 pm
With a scoop of protien powder!

I have whey in milk on the side

Rexor91
02-19-08, 4:04 pm
I have whey in milk on the side

Good shit right there

krazyassmexican
02-19-08, 7:15 pm
lmao... does it have a honey/flax glaze on it or something, assuming cause of the name "golden flax"? Is Whole foods a store?

dont tell me there are no whole foods stores around you?
those are the kind of stores that sale you a lb of green beans for 8 dollars hahaha

the golden flax cereal doesnt have honey in it
it doesnt even have a gram of sugar

Rexor91
02-20-08, 2:18 pm
dont tell me there are no whole foods stores around you?
those are the kind of stores that sale you a lb of green beans for 8 dollars hahaha

the golden flax cereal doesnt have honey in it
it doesnt even have a gram of sugar

I live out in west bumble bro, I've never even heard of a Whole Food store. Yeah, I dont buy much from organic stations... there is tons of farm country around here and farmers have thier crops for sale at little stands. Shits fresh out of the ground of off the tree the day before about 50 yards from the stand lol

ROC1291
02-20-08, 2:54 pm
This man Wrath eats more than I do in my bulk, lmao.

How does he manage this shit?
Wheres the EFA's or the Veggies?
His Cholesterol can't be good with all that eye round.
But ground eye round sounds fresh with some sloppy joes.

krazyassmexican
02-20-08, 2:56 pm

you ever heard the more cholesterol the more test?

Rexor91
02-20-08, 3:03 pm

This is for like 16 weeks max dude, this isn't a year round diet... I'm sure he has a very well rounded diet for the rest of the year

simpleguy
02-20-08, 3:04 pm

as long as it worked for him, it means he knows what he's doing

Rexor91
02-20-08, 3:05 pm
as long as it worked for him, it means he knows what he's doing

x2

Renji007
02-25-08, 3:21 pm

I can take oatmeal like nothing. I down about 5 cups a day sometimes with my meals. Helps keep me feeling good. Most other carbs just make me crash and burn >-<

BrotherInArms
02-26-08, 3:19 pm
Wrath is an inspiration. Good things come to those who eat heavy.

AminoAmigo
02-28-08, 10:20 am

Yeah, three big yars in a row, that's pretty much imo. But think about how much calories he burns if he is just relaxing ... all these muscles need fuel.

Yeah, you're right. I think it is an inexpensive cut of meat too, at least over here in the USA.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Shit, i'm paying about 3,50 euro for 1/2 lbs ... it's really expensive over here ( ****ing germany )

1skinnyassedrunt
02-28-08, 10:35 am
eye round is a roasting/stewing/casseroling beef which should be cheap because it has to be cooked over a low heat for a long time to be tender

loiacanoa
02-28-08, 12:22 pm
i made the yam eye round meal for myself. I didnt mind it. I'll keep this in my diet plan for sure.

newbreed
03-21-08, 9:32 am
He's HARDCORE!

zanderfever
03-21-08, 9:19 pm
I use 8 oz of 92/8 ground beef with 1/2 cup of brown rice. tasteless as shit is a great way to describe it...oh the multiple joys of dieting

Carpe Diem P.T
03-21-08, 9:31 pm
if you arent drinking your oatmeal, your a sucker ;)

put 3 cups oatmeal in the blender with 1 banana, skim milk, ice and your set.

houseofpain
03-21-08, 9:51 pm
Does he do anything else except for bb?

If you were an IFBB Pro weighing around 275 pounds of pure muscle you wouldn't do anything else either

Carpe Diem P.T
03-21-08, 10:00 pm
If you were an IFBB Pro weighing around 275 pounds of pure muscle you wouldn't do anything else either

im pretty sure it says in the journey that he works.

04-13-08, 7:09 pm
Why is Wrath not on the forum? I don't get it........

boar
05-06-08, 11:59 pm
I like how wraths diet is very simple. I pretty much have the same type of meat meals he does except I like doing chicken and broccoli. Some get too caught up in calorie and nutrient counting that it is counterproductive. Eat like wrath= getting big!

RenegadeRows
05-07-08, 12:22 am
im pretty sure it says in the journey that he works.

really? where? dude! it would be interesting to see what wrath holds for a day job. Judging from the way he formulates his shit in the journey, I would say a real blue-collar job.

bigunz85
05-13-08, 1:50 am
god damn wrath is my hero and someday i can only dream to be as big as him. umm with the oatmeal i put in a blender and chug it. its easier that way for me.

sanga
05-13-08, 4:13 am
Wrath drives a fork lift for a living I think, I`m sure someone told me that a while back.

I`m sure he takes time off as holiday to prepare close to a show though, I know I would.

RenegadeRows
05-21-08, 8:32 pm
well damn guys! the monotony has its rewards! fuck! I am dieting right now (palumbo style) and my wife looks at me in disgust...how can you eat the same thing everyday, 7 days a week?

Well my friends, where there is a will, there is a way!

bigchuck000
06-18-08, 2:49 pm
Dude just add half a cup of BBQ sauce to everything like Ronnie Coleman does.
espescially your French Fries.

Rexor91
06-18-08, 4:07 pm
Dude just add half a cup of BBQ sauce to everything like Ronnie Coleman does.
espescially your French Fries.

lmao

Mighty Kev
08-11-08, 9:24 pm
Wrath eats a ton! He trains like crazy though

thelunchbox
08-11-08, 9:34 pm
i bet they love seeing him in the grocery store. The store probably makes the months quota on his weekly trip. We need to set up some kind of GFS account so every animal can get a special discount on bulk crap.

ShaqFu
08-30-08, 4:41 pm
you ever heard the more cholesterol the more test?

That ain't necessarily true. It's true that hormones are derived from cholesterol, both what we eat and make, but that dosn't always mean that if I have high cholesterol my balls will get huge and start pumping out more testosterone.

simpleguy
08-31-08, 6:59 am

I love my oats... I could easily down 4 cups lol

machineman
09-05-08, 4:49 am
i bet they love seeing him in the grocery store. The store probably makes the months quota on his weekly trip. We need to set up some kind of GFS account so every animal can get a special discount on bulk crap.

X2.....lol I am in for this!!!!

I am up to 2 cups of oats in the am with 8 oz skim milk....I eat this while my 8 eggs are cooking!

Aggression
10-28-08, 10:48 am
I lot of bodybuilders work, even tho they are pros. Of course the big names like Cutler, Wolf, Martinez, and Jackson don't need to work, because they're winning shows and have huge contracts. But look at guys like Erik 'the house' frankhouser. He runs a normal day job while preparing for a show! check out the link below. it runs you through a day in the life of The House, while he's one week out from a show! its a great vid. Much respect to him.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1688/164/

NPRamirez
11-19-08, 8:55 pm
4 lbs of beef a day? what the fuck...he must shit like a horse.

ahahahahhha. so funny. In all seriousness, I can't imagine myself eating more than maybe 2 pounds of meat a day.

Note on the Oats: Grind them up real fine and mix them with water and chug. Easily get 3 cups down.

NPRamirez
11-19-08, 9:28 pm
I lot of bodybuilders work, even tho they are pros. Of course the big names like Cutler, Wolf, Martinez, and Jackson don't need to work, because they're winning shows and have huge contracts. But look at guys like Erik 'the house' frankhouser. He runs a normal day job while preparing for a show! check out the link below. it runs you through a day in the life of The House, while he's one week out from a show! its a great vid. Much respect to him.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1688/164/

Wow, I think I have a new favorite BB Pro.

C.Coronato
01-22-09, 3:35 pm
Hes a bad ass dude right there. Im gonna try that eye round and yam. Sounds good to me.

Sgt Rock
01-22-09, 9:23 pm
Frank is a good friend of mine, take it from me, he REALLY DOES eat what he says he eats, its boringly and amazingly simple. When we go to a restaraunt (Barleys!) its STEAK AND YAMS.

Semper Fi

cmtz429
03-22-09, 2:54 pm
I can eat the 2 cups and 10 whites. JUst general meal I have not entered a contest, yet. Wrath is the man. I would like to see like a day in the life of Wrath. Just to feel maybe closer to my motivators. I saw the one on House on MD. House is the man.

elmowrestler
05-19-09, 9:11 pm
why does it say in his journey that he eats rice and all the pictures he is eating rice but then on his meal plan it says yams?

im curious because im following the same diet basically but less food. so could replacing the yams with brown rice be okay in your opinions?

FarBeyondDriven
05-20-09, 8:28 am
Brother don't get too caught up in whether it gotta be rice or yams. Eat both!!! Eventually you will feel what is best for you. Remember what worked for Wrath mighn't neccesarilly ne best for you. You gotta experiment and find out for yourself what is best. Good luck

Razor
05-30-09, 10:35 pm
I know it's an old post but i marvel at Mcgrath and he gets me motivated so the search function works out well for me. Holy shit those plans are ridic. hahahaha That's what i call a meat eater's diet. hahah

Beach91
06-30-09, 11:10 pm
Hey guys,

I love the way Wrath eats, its more than a job, its 24-7 a lifestyle. I am no pro, but have done several shows, and i pretty much eat the same year round, yams oatmeal, chicken, pickerel, brocolli, etc.very bland, some would say boring diet, but if you love the sport and give your all for 2 hours a day in the gym, if u match that with a consistent diet the other hours of the day, success will follow.

I could easily eat five cups of boiled up oatmeal in the morning, would i rather eat a couple plates of burgers and fries, or a couple plates of pancakes, obviously, but that isnt the most productive fuel for this machine that is my body to use to travel on this journey.

Some junk in the offseason once in awhile is ok, if youve been reading Houses articles in MD, his approach is something i follow, if you eat clean all week in the offseason, one to two cheat meals a week wont hurt and will actual be productive to not only relieve the monotony of a bodybuilding diet, but add a little shock to that metabolism. 6 or 7 meals a day all week comes to 42-49 meals a week so 1 or 2 bad ones wont kill ya.

i guess the whole point of my post is remember your goals and focus upon your personal journey, and view food as a fuel that will get you there. Do not live to eat, everything and anything, EAt to live in a manner that allows u to meet and exceed every stop within your journey

peace

skolapper
09-03-09, 1:25 pm
Possibly i have got it all wrong, but is that the diet where only meat and oily stuff is consumed?A few celebrities followed that diet. I would not like to think how meat consumers would look like at the inside.

Soldier
09-20-09, 5:01 pm
Is there somewhere to find Wrath's year-round meal plan, not just the Journey plan?

mhammer12
10-05-09, 10:58 pm
Wrath's journey is what got me into Animal and still keeps me going sometimes. I'm blown away by the dedication that he and all bodybuilders show (not to mention a lot of people on the forum) with diets like this. Like Wrath mentions in his journey he can't stand choking that shit down but he does it because he has to!

iwillbe
11-30-09, 8:48 am
serious respect to Wrath.. i can barely even take 1 oatmeal a day.. let alone 3

charlievanriper
11-30-09, 2:03 pm
Wow, I think I have a new favorite BB Pro.

The vids a great one, kinda funny though The House shops at Walmart just like the rest of us lol. That box of Tilapia he has is pkg'd especially for Walmart good shit though I get it out here for 15.00 a box thiers like 18 individual 4 oz filets a great deal.

It shows the big guys just like us little guys lol.

GRINenveda
12-10-09, 6:48 am
yep its 621 - it is pretty much the dressings mostly that have it....
and as for dinners there are only 4 out of 60 meals that have it - so I would say that is a pretty good break down... and I guess they are always changing the meals in every diet plan all the time so that is good progress

Deacon JF1ash
02-03-10, 6:40 pm
it is amazing

would fiber one pass for that because i cant find any ezekiel cereal around where i live

xman
02-24-10, 1:34 am
ok im 8 weeks out and i canbarely down half wat this guy is eating!!! dam!! i wish i could eat that much and still be hungry? !!!

Big Calves
07-17-10, 7:45 pm
This post is 50% about cereal and oatmeal, XD! I put my shit in a blender and man up! Within 20 seconds nasty food becomes the past. Just down that shit as fast as you can. I have no idea how cheap is round eye steak though. Does it cost more than chicken? Why not chicken and I've noticed in animal post yams and oats are like the golden foods that everybody talks about. Is yams really that good?

Big Calves
07-17-10, 7:48 pm
I can eat the 2 cups and 10 whites. JUst general meal I have not entered a contest, yet. Wrath is the man. I would like to see like a day in the life of Wrath. Just to feel maybe closer to my motivators. I saw the one on House on MD. House is the man.

House is THE MAN! Which episode are you talking about. I'm almost done with season six!

daphnesy
12-17-10, 9:09 pm
very nice. . love it

AJP1
08-11-11, 11:34 am
Here's are two links to some of the 'Extras' from The Journey. These are Wrath's Meal Plans during The Journey.

Wrath's Meal Plan Week #2:

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=289&section=

Wrath's Meal Plan Week #9:

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=334

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thanks for those links.

DMachine
02-19-12, 7:13 am

My daily breakfast is 2-3 cups of oatmeal, a handfull of nuts n' raisins, washed down with 1/2 liter of non fat milk + 1 scoop of whey.
Oats give me the energy i need, protein from the whey kick starts my body and some good essential fatty acid to go with that.
Great way to start of any day!

Slopeskull
07-01-12, 5:12 pm
thats a pretty solid diet plan. i want to do something like that for my next prep.

Slopeskull
07-01-12, 5:15 pm
when I am dieting i just drink my oatmeal in water bc eating it is the hardest thing ever. If im lazy and dont wanna cook rice i just grab a few water bottles and with my meat i get oatmeal as carbs. quick, and also tasteless as shit.

TufffGuY
07-01-12, 5:22 pm
ok im 8 weeks out and i canbarely down half wat this guy is eating!!! dam!! i wish i could eat that much and still be hungry? !!!

You have to remember he weighs twice as much as you lol at 195 lbs you shouldn't be able to eat that much! lol your stomach would say fuck you and spit all that oatmeal back out. Oatmeal seriosuly is one of the hardest things to eat, I can eat 4 eggs and 10 egg whites much easier than 1 cup of oats.

TufffGuY
07-01-12, 5:24 pm
Hes a bad ass dude right there. Im gonna try that eye round and yam. Sounds good to me.

C slice up that yam in thin circles and drizz a little olive oil and cinnamon on top then get some of that fat free spray butter and do a couple squirts on the whole pan, fireeee. I cant eat them any other way.

Kill i oughtta
07-01-12, 6:05 pm
shits amazing thats why he eats it so damn much lol.

Enforcer
09-23-12, 12:19 pm
Steak and Yams- a combo that will forever live on....

falmer1946
10-17-12, 5:46 pm
Why 0 fat sources?