PDA

View Full Version : The Acne Thread

musclealchemist
01-30-07, 1:10 pm
hey guys, i got a question. if you get more acne, is that a good thing and mean that you have a good level of testosterone in your body, or does it mean you just have shitty skin?

Maccabee
01-30-07, 1:26 pm
Well i think it can mean both. Before i started training i didnt really have acne just smooth skin i guess. But then i started trainin and eatin more then sometimes i get acne but nuthing major.

Secur1ty
01-30-07, 9:09 pm
Well it could all depend on your diet also. I've noticed that if i have alot of sugar or whatever, then it causes me to break out with pimples.

Try experimenting with your diet... especially your sugar intake. If you lower the amount of sugar.. and you dont break out, than your Sugar Intake could be your problem.

abwowang
01-30-07, 11:56 pm
drink more water?

i dont think it means anything too specific... dont look too much into it. Acne has a lot to do with genetics too, might not be your fault :/

Tron
01-31-07, 12:57 am
drink more water?

i dont think it means anything too specific... dont look too much into it. Acne has a lot to do with genetics too, might not be your fault :/

Exactly, you can ask any dermatologist that, and they will most likely agree. In the same since to blame your parents for your body type, blame them for your acne... Don't be too harsh though, like me, hahaha.

darkside64
01-31-07, 2:04 am
acne sucks it's mostly genetics(unless your a fucking pig and dont shower after workouts). Basically the best solution(and the most hardcore) is accutane. It will clear anything and everything. You can also go to the dermatologist and get a prescription for shit like Benza clin that works for milder cases very well

Big Jawn
01-31-07, 2:17 am
acne sucks it's mostly genetics(unless your a fucking pig and dont shower after workouts). Basically the best solution(and the most hardcore) is accutane. It will clear anything and everything. You can also go to the dermatologist and get a prescription for shit like Benza clin that works for milder cases very well

Accutane is for worst case scenerios only, it has different effects on everyone and has a host of side affects including incredibly dry skin, loads of redness, as well as a chance of kidney complications etc. It also requires bi weekly blood tests. The stats for Accutane a 90% cure rate

If you are being careful to keep your skin healthy and clean and the acne continues, see your GP and get him too perscibe you a vitamin A product or another such treatment, he may also recommend a ben. peroixide product or salicylic acid which can be bought over-counter. Accutane usually isn't perscribed until the other options have failed.

J-Dawg
01-31-07, 10:15 am
hey guys, i got a question. if you get more acne, is that a good thing and mean that you have a good level of testosterone in your body, or does it mean you just have shitty skin?

How does your diet look bro? Be sure you're consuming plenty of healthy foods, lots of veggies, lean cuts of meat, fish, drink lots of water and take plenty of EFA's. Make sure your fueling your body with the right nutrition. Next up, be sure to consume a multi... b-vits, zinc and other minerals are essential. A lot of it is genetics but make sure that you're taking the right precautions on your part to keep it healthy. Clearing up skin ain't gonna happen overnight, but if it's important to you... read up on it and see a dermatologist if you're not happy with it.

mikedfromaz
01-31-07, 12:35 pm
i have made some really good gains thanks to the animal and animal way of life. ive never really had the clearest of skin but its hasnt been all that bad, but my back seems to be breaking out, and i dont want people thinking its because of the juice. anyone else had any of these problems?

man in black
01-31-07, 1:14 pm
When I was a teenager, yes.

How old are you?

Jeff

combatwombat
01-31-07, 4:37 pm
When I was taking Animal Stak2. My back started breaking out bunches.

I figured it just took me back in time to my years as a teen.

Just grab some whitch hazel and have some one wipe it all over your back. Acne will clear up with a quickness.

moonboy10
01-31-07, 7:28 pm
Hey whats up bro I think I can help.
Don't think that acne is something that you're born with and HAVE to live with. It's not. I used to have bad acne breakouts and became bound and determined to figure out what was causing it. I started doing a ton of research and found that hormones, testosterone levels, etc. are all hugely overrated. If you're breaking out in acne then there is something wrong on the INSIDE. Trust me. Your body is trying to tell you something bro. We need every disease we have. Our skin is an elimination organ just like the liver, kidneys, etc.
There are a few things that could be the culprit.
#1, Diet. Stay away from the pop, refined foods, etc. Eat like your in season just not as strict in other words.
#2, 'candida yeast' buildup from rounds of antibiotics over the years that killed all your good bacteria and now the bad bacteria is thriving. This could be what your body is trying to tell you by releasing the toxins through your pores. Stay away from the antibiotics by the way unless you have no choice. Go to the health food store and buy some 'probiotics' to help replenish that good bacteria that the antibiotics killed along with a good diet rich w/ fruits and veggies to provide a good environment in your gut for it to grow.
#3, Allergy! If all of the above fails, go get an allergy test or do a food elimination diet. So many people have mild food allergies that are showing through their skin and don't even know it. It could be dairy, wheat, eggs, or anything. The most common is dairy. This was the case for me. I had ate dairy my whole life so I didn't think anything of it. About a year ago my acne started to get worse and worse. I noticed that when I drank milk, about 10 minutes later my face was so oily it was ridiculous. It's hard to detect an allergy though because it can take up to 24 hours for your skin to react. I must admit though, life for me is better without the dairy. It takes away that smooth look and makes me look ripped as shit, I even gained 5 lbs. Instead I use goat products, I think it tastes better anyway.
Something else worth mentioning is to use sensitive cleansers on your face w/ no soap with mainly natural ingedients. 'Purpose' soap is a good one that I use or 'St. Ives', etc.
So there's my 2 cents. Beauty session over. A lot to read but hope I helped you out. I did all the above and now an occasional pimple is all I get to remind me that I'm a hormone driven animal. Peace fellas.

RedLine
01-31-07, 7:31 pm
I've been gettin a lotta random pimples on my shoulders and back, they come and go...anything to that? and it seems that during the summer I'm acne free, i dont know if its from the sun or not.

bobbyj654
02-01-07, 1:18 am
excessive sun can cause acne is some cases, maybe just irritate the existing acne,

drinking more water clears up my skin like a mofo, nothing works better

acne also means your bowel movement habits may have to improve

raging hormones is also to blame, if youre a teen, its impossible to have clear skin, unless u have great skin, it unlikley to not have ANY acne

practice good hygiene boys!!

RedLine
02-01-07, 10:39 am
well I guess being a 17 year old it comes with the age, hopefully it'll clear up

MickMars
02-01-07, 1:33 pm
Try this... http://www.cetaphil.com/Products/Cleansers.aspx
I use this to wash my face 3 times a day

and http://www.thursdayplantation.com/cmsv1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=29 I use this at night on affected areas. It helps ALOT!

try and take some detox stuff... http://food.yahoo.com/blog/beautyeats/30/top-10-detox-foods

zinc (which is abundant in Animal Pak) can help with acne

nawaaz
02-01-07, 1:44 pm
Bro, if you're having acne, chances you're stressing are big. Here, we also have a lot of cases due to the hard sunlight.
Sooo, take it easy (i know, easy to say, but you have to) and don't expose yourself to sunlight too much. Try wearing a cap if you have to stay too much under it

Alivewhenimdead
02-01-07, 5:46 pm
acne clears up on it's own with ageing, just give it till you're 20 or so...'less you're on the juice. then you're gonna look like crater face and piss out you're liver

RedLine
02-01-07, 7:49 pm
haha dont plan on doing that, thats cheatin, and if i cheated i would only be cheatin myself, and wouldnt feel like my hard work was real

Hatred
02-01-07, 8:07 pm
Theres a couple misconceptions in here.
1) Sun does not cause or irritate acne. Sweat, yes.Dermatologists use Phototherapy as treatement of it adn Tanning ebds are class 1 medical devices.
Phototherapy is the use of UVA/UVB such as in taning beds to help increase the exfoliation cycle of skin and to help dry up overactive sebaceous glands.

2)WATER,drink more of it.

3) Accutane should be a LAST resort. It can cause incredible dryness as mentioned and liver problems as well.

I've had it bad in the past and I found something that worked wonders.

GO to Wal-mart or target...etc (might have to look for it.)
There's a bar soap called PanOxyl bar. Nothing short of a little white bar of miracle. In a week my shit was gone. You have to keep up on it but it will dry your skin as well. This is not a bad thing.

IronLeague
02-01-07, 9:31 pm
haha dont plan on doing that, thats cheatin, and if i cheated i would only be cheatin myself, and wouldnt feel like my hard work was real

I guess every body builder you admire is cheating himself.. I guess the whole sport of body building is cheating. I guess they don't really work hard either, it's just the supps that make muscle appear. Think about what you're saying.

Respect,
IronLeague

RedLine
02-01-07, 9:52 pm
I guess every body builder you admire is cheating himself.. I guess the whole sport of body building is cheating. I guess they don't really work hard either, it's just the supps that make muscle appear. Think about what you're saying.

Respect,
IronLeague

Let me clarify that, when I refer to cheating I'm referring to steroids, I'm all for supplements, I take them myself.

IronLeague
02-01-07, 9:59 pm
Let me clarify that, when I refer to cheating I'm referring to steroids, I'm all for supplements, I take them myself.

I knew exactly what you were reffering to.. It's ok though no worries, you're still young. You will learn more about the sport as you grow.

Respect,
IronLeague

RedLine
02-01-07, 10:02 pm
I knew exactly what you were reffering to.. It's ok though no worries, you're still young. You will learn more about the sport as you grow.

Respect,
IronLeague

I understand the fact that a lot of body builders use steroids, I'm just saying its against my ethics to do that to get big. I probably won't get as big as someone using steroids, but I will feel better inside knowing that I didn't need it to get where I am. You make it seem like you have to take steroids to get anywhere with lifting.

Genetic Freak
02-05-07, 2:03 pm
How do you guys get Rid of Acne while training

Hatred
02-05-07, 2:06 pm
You do a search for "acne" using the "search" button and you follow the advice contained within that thread that is a culmination of many threads.

Hatred
02-05-07, 2:16 pm
Acne Gentlemen....this is a thread about ACNE. Let's keep it on point.

waugie14
02-05-07, 2:29 pm
dude go to acne.org and do exactly what they tell u too. Havent had any problems in 6 months. Swear. Any questions just ask me.

NO_thing_to_it
06-05-07, 6:47 pm
Hey I Am Almost Finished with a Animal Pump cycle
I Love the Product
I am goin to try some new things next season
but there is one problem
no matter wat i do
i cant get rid of my acne
i try very hard
i was and clean every days even possibly twice
and i have been following little tips and they seem to be workin
but if anyone has little tips or homemade tricks or products
lemme no plz
thank u for ur appriciation

Texas Titan
06-05-07, 6:51 pm
It could just be your age. I had acne pretty bad until I was about 20. I know that when I switched from shaving with a blade to an electric shaver that helped..

brandonA
06-05-07, 6:55 pm
I still get it and i am 27...it's my mom's fault...she still get it...no matter how clean i get my face....oh well....

-B

Frankie86
06-05-07, 7:41 pm
im 18 and i have it..not that bad but my shoulders chest and a lil on my back get it..you can go to the doctor or dermetoligist and get an antibiotic or a cream and they work..also my mom has used escarole juice since she was a kid and it does work..but I would try the antibiotic..it pretty effective..hope this helps..lata

Travis
06-05-07, 7:49 pm
go to the store grab some cotton balls, some rubbing alcohol, and some kind of cleanser with the little gritty things in them. use the cotton balls to apply the alcohol to your face and problem areas every time you step into the bathroom, this will dry it up, and wash your face with the gritty stuff to help clean it up. it works for me. i still get the occasional pimple but it works.,

Tron
06-06-07, 6:06 am
Acne isn't related to creatine. It's commonly related to hormones in your body. That's why you normally get it around puberty. I'd say if it's a really big deal to you see a dermatologist. I did back in high school, and they really know what they are doing much better than any of us on here.

musclealchemist
06-06-07, 8:32 am
put neosporin on them before you go to bed at night, and you might want to use an astringent if you are not already.

Abby
06-06-07, 12:26 pm
If it's on your face, there are some really great facial scrubs out there that have micro-beads. They bring up all kinds of oils and stuff from under your skin so you can hit them with alcohol and dry them out. Don't get sensitive skin formula though, they don't do enough to get your down to where the nasty stuff is. Not sure about the rest of the body if that's where they are.

Abby

Giant Killer
06-06-07, 1:05 pm
Changing your pillowcases every couple days helps too.

krazyassmexican
06-06-07, 1:13 pm
shit if i was gettin huge and gettin acne i would give a fuck about it
i would be so happy

Giant Killer
06-06-07, 1:25 pm
If you are a male and you have great prescription drug insurance, hit up your doctor for some Accutane.

Arbalest
06-06-07, 1:57 pm
If you are a male and you have great prescription drug insurance, hit up your doctor for some Accutane.

Accutane is NOT what an individual should ask for right away. It is VERY harsh on the liver, and will require Blood Tests every few weeks.. Not to mention you will have to avoid the sun, unless you like feeling like your skin is on fire. I do not know a single doctor who would prescribe Accutane right away, without trying other medications which are far less harsh on your body.

Tetracycline is a much better choice.

Go speak with your dr. if it does not clear up.

Giant Killer
06-06-07, 2:14 pm
Haha yeah "just hit 'im up for it", I made it sound so easy. I forgot to mention it's a total bitch to get and to maintain the certification bullshit you have to update every month. On top of that I've never seen a months supply below $200 even with insurance.

Accutane is some volatile shit, pregnancy catgory X, but it is usually a doctors last stand for some killer acne. Tetracycline is great and all but may turn your teeth orange! (and also makes you more sensitive to sunlight) Damn drugs...

Shark
06-06-07, 2:17 pm
I used to have it pretty bad on my face. But then I remember an old woman telling me what to do. I would run the bathroom sink water til it got to its hottest. Fill the sink and then quickly put my face under water and hold it under there for as long as I could. After a while it became a game. I got up to 3 minutes once. Did it a few times and some times I would even refill the water in the sink just to make sure it was still hot. When I would pull my face out it would be red as a fire truck. Blot dried to water and then went to bed. My face cleared in about a week and a half. But of course Im not advising anyone in any way attempt to burn their face or any such thing. Use common sense.

The old woman told me she got the idea from her mother. Who used to put a pot of water on the stove and heat it til she thought it was hot enough......ummm yeahhhhh fuck that.

Milestone
06-06-07, 4:44 pm
A few pointers:
*Wash your face with a face wash and not regular soap. Regular soap is too harsh on facial skin which is much more sensitive to the skin on the rest of our bodies.
*Ditch sodas, even diet ones. Make water your best friend.
*If you shave, dont go against the hair. It causes irritation and causes acne
*Use a sun screen. Make sure you get ones that says "Does not clog pores". Let your facial pores breath.
*Wash your towel every few days.

Cheers.

NO_thing_to_it
06-06-07, 4:54 pm
Alrite Guys
I Have Read all the posts
thank u guys very much
I will try all of them
I actually got rid of a couple by a crazy method
I always thought that when i went in the ocean my face would clear up so now when i scrub my face with cleansers and i open the pores, I clean my face with salty water. It seems to work and proactiv is helping pretty good too
but i will try these new methods
and thanks everyone for the advice
cant thank u guys enough

btw im only 15 so i shouldnt be complainin bout acne just yet
haha

I no this is irrelevant but
for the winter coming up
I am planning to bulk and put on about 25-30 pounds
I will take Real Gains on a daily basis, Green Bulge, and I am still looking for a NO , nothing too expensive tho
I will probably pound in as much calories as i can in school without gettin fatass detentions haha anyone have any good Nitric Oxides in mind or any other products to help me with this
or bulking advice
I will also take a good look at the bulk logs
but just for thoughts
thanks

Giant Killer
06-06-07, 5:35 pm
Universal NOX3 is a good "by-itself" NO product.

Dingo
06-06-07, 6:36 pm
i get em every now and then when i take a test booster like mstak. just the chemical imbalance in your body, especially at 15... wish i had tons of free test runnin thru my veins again, id be sure to use it instead of sittin infront of the tube playin mario bros and street fighter.

as far as to get rid of em, wash with steamin hot water to open up the pores, then rinse with cold to close em up before more dirt can get in em. its not a cure but it helps.

JimmyH
06-08-07, 10:45 am
I'm the same when I take Stak 2 or M Stak, it's a common side effect of increased testosterone levels in the body, it'll clear up as you get older and your test level drops.
J

rockyIV
06-08-07, 4:40 pm
Pump won't cause acne, based on you you are typing I assume you are a teenager. It comes with the territory. You can try Proactiv or something like that. My niece used it with success. Good luck, bro.

forumname05
09-26-07, 9:15 pm
So, I'll be 25 this winter and have gotten back into lifting this past year. I've been at it for almost 5 months and am hooked...I look forward to my lifting days and love being in that gym, just me and the weight.

I'm 5'10" and have always been about 155lbs. since HS and have always eaten like a horse and because of how active I was no matter what I did my weight would stay the same (ofcourse other genetic factors contribute). Recently my appetite has changed and for some reason I just don't eat the way I used to (good and bad). I've always been very active, from riding bicycles in the summer and snowboarding all winter, etc. Luckily I've always had a body I was happy with, but now I'd like to be bigger and badder.
Since getting back into the gym I've gained just over 10bs. and my bf has gone down to about 9%, I'm very happy with my results since I've started and want to continue putting on quality muscle & mass while keeping a nice bf%.

Here's where I'm at now:
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc150/forumname05/08-29-07_21155.jpg

My current stack is as folows:
Animal Pak
Animal Pump
Torrent
ON's whey
Fish oil tabs (which I just started 3 days ago, about 2g a day)

This winter I plan on bulking up and adding on a quality 10-15lbs. (or ofcourse more if I can!) and in the spring will cut a bit to accentuate the solid muscle I packed on over the winter by cutting the calories a little and adding in more cardio.

I've had mild to moderate acne since my lower teens. Luckily it's never been very bad, but at times has broken out at the most inoportune time and at those times can tend to make me pretty self concious about it. I've been using Proactiv for the past few years which has worked decently, but it's still not where I'd like it to be. Being 25 soon I want to be done with this acne bs once and for all.

My longterm goal is to pretty much push my lifestyle to the better, which so far I'm doing goo and going in the right direction...my goal is to eat very healthy & clean to add and sustain quality mass & muscle, finally have some totally clear & confident skin and just live a very healthy and great lifestyle.

I want to try and get away from so many Whey shakes and the topical acne crap so as to just have a more natural approach to everything.
Since getting back into lifting I've been so damn focused on getting in as much protein as possible that I've been drinking 4 or more Whey shakes a day which is steering me away from eating as much and the way I should be. I'm happy with my gains since I've started out but in that my bf % has went down while putting on some nice mass & muscle but would now like to get bigger overall and have some quality size. Lately I've been breaking out a little more which I believe is from all the Whey, etc. I also believe that I have an issue with dairy as over the past year or so have realized how it upsets my stomach and believe it may cause me to break out as well.

With all that being said...
I'd like to hear anything and everything you can contribute about the best diet for both gains and great skin, etc.
Optimum ratio of omega's and other minerals etc.?
Sugar, sodium, fats, etc
Best meats, produce, etc.

Add anything that may help me out, thanks!

mikejones1
09-26-07, 10:20 pm
eat, eat, eat and eat some more. eat like a animal if you want to gain muscle and size on your bulk.

youve come to the right place, just run a search here on the forum for what you are looking for and i bet you will find it.

Pizzalamp
09-26-07, 10:41 pm
i found when i did oxs diet my skin cleared up cause my insulin was under control-ie no insulin response
when i added carbs i did get some mild acne-i found low gi carbs help a lot and the right balance of omegas-i do 3000 mg fish oil and 2600 mg evening primrose oil per day
i found the more hi gi carbs i ate made me break out-white rice especially-i also found NO type products make me break out
when i eliminated all protein powders except pure isolate i noticed a big change
i began washing w/ purpose bar soap on face twice daily and at night benzoil coating my face
lots of water, green veggies, and cardio helped a lot

but this is the diet that cleared my acne 10000000 % (and got me a six pack lol) i ate bad 1 weekend my face was a horror i did this diet and within 2 days i had no pimples
5 omega 3 eggs 4 whites
50 gram whey isolate and tablespoon natty pb
8 oz chicken 1/3 cup almonds or cashews or walnuts
same shake
same shake
8 oz steak or salmon cup green vegies tblsp extra vir olive oil
3000 mg fish oil
2600 eve primrose oil

Giant Killer
09-26-07, 10:52 pm
The best natural approach is to wash your pillow cases more often. That helped me a lot.

Pizzalamp
09-26-07, 11:01 pm
yeah Giant that helped me too-they can get so oily

forumname05
09-27-07, 1:03 pm
but this is the diet that cleared my acne 10000000 % (and got me a six pack lol) i ate bad 1 weekend my face was a horror i did this diet and within 2 days i had no pimples
5 omega 3 eggs 4 whites
50 gram whey isolate and tablespoon natty pb
8 oz chicken 1/3 cup almonds or cashews or walnuts
same shake
same shake
8 oz steak or salmon cup green vegies tblsp extra vir olive oil
3000 mg fish oil
2600 eve primrose oil

Can you just elaborate on this one line: "5 omega 3 eggs 4 whites"
Somehow I don't know what you mean exactly

Which Whey are you using exactly?
Maybe I should take out the NO pill from my Animal Pump, does anyone know which pill it is?

I just started Fish Oil tabs about 2 days ago. I'm using the Vitamin Shoppe brand which were on sale and are 500mg each tab. I started out with a total of 2 or 3 the first day at different times. Lastnight I took 2 tabs (1000mg) just before work and I was burping up this NASTY old fish smell all night long!
Could that issue possibly be from the brand I'm using, I guess I could always split them up throughout the day.

"2600 eve primrose oil"...Can you give me more info on primrose oil, do you drink it? Tabs? How much? etc.

Have you ever tried Apple Cider Vinegar? I've come across it on acne.org and it seems to work wonders. Some say it contradicts creatine and may cause problems.

I'd love to simplify my acne regimen and get off the Proactiv & other topical crap. Clear great looking skin with a natural no fuss regimen would be great. Lately I've become convinced that all this topical crap that acne people use just contributes to the problem and may even be a cause to it, most never try a lesser approach in fear of breaking out further or even worse. The only reason I've never come off of Proactiv was just that, a fear of getting worse.

Is that diet above enough for gaining and sustaining mass?
Do you have a link to OX's diet?

Thanks a ton!

The best natural approach is to wash your pillow cases more often. That helped me a lot.

I've actually just started doing that, makes a lot of sense. It's the one simple thing that you easily forget about washing regularly

Pizzalamp
09-27-07, 3:44 pm
[QUOTE=forumname05;185110]Can you just elaborate on this one line: "5 omega 3 eggs 4 whites"
Somehow I don't know what you mean exactly
**its 5 whole eggs(the omega 3 type-it says omega 3 on carton)add on 4 egg whites as well(they dont have to be omegas)

Which Whey are you using exactly? *i just use a whey with 0 carbs and is a pure whey isolate-50 g per serving-and make sure the pb is all natural no added sugar
Maybe I should take out the NO pill from my Animal Pump, does anyone know which pill it is?

I just started Fish Oil tabs about 2 days ago. I'm using the Vitamin Shoppe brand which were on sale and are 500mg each tab. I started out with a total of 2 or 3 the first day at different times. Lastnight I took 2 tabs (1000mg) just before work and I was burping up this NASTY old fish smell all night long!
Could that issue possibly be from the brand I'm using, I guess I could always split them up throughout the day.
*i usually take my 3 pills throughout the day w/ whole food meals

"2600 eve primrose oil"...Can you give me more info on primrose oil, do you drink it? Tabs? How much? etc.
*i take them in pill form twice a day-source of gammalinolenic acid and ployunsaturated fatty acids

Have you ever tried Apple Cider Vinegar? I've come across it on acne.org and it seems to work wonders. Some say it contradicts creatine and may cause problems.-
*no never tried it-sly stallone reccomends it too

I'd love to simplify my acne regimen and get off the Proactiv & other topical crap. Clear great looking skin with a natural no fuss regimen would be great. Lately I've become convinced that all this topical crap that acne people use just contributes to the problem and may even be a cause to it, most never try a lesser approach in fear of breaking out further or even worse. The only reason I've never come off of Proactiv was just that, a fear of getting worse.
*i think if u do too much to ya face u can make it worse-stick to 10%benzoil peroxide slathered all over ya face at night after u wash it w/ purpose bar soap

Is that diet above enough for gaining and sustaining mass?
*the diet is great for leaning out-u wont lose mass cause w/ the right amount of protein and ess fats u preserve mass
Do you have a link to OX's diet? *he talks about it on his thread-oxs stable-hes a good man

Thanks a ton!

forumname05
09-28-07, 10:44 am
i found when i did oxs diet my skin cleared up cause my insulin was under control-ie no insulin response
when i added carbs i did get some mild acne-i found low gi carbs help a lot and the right balance of omegas-i do 3000 mg fish oil and 2600 mg evening primrose oil per day
i found the more hi gi carbs i ate made me break out-white rice especially-

What are and where are 'gi carbs' found exactly?
I don't know much about carbs and am just starting to learn diet specifics, can you guys give me some details on carbs, etc.
What sould I look for and what should I stay away from?

What's the best way to balance your omega's, what should I look for and what I stay clear of?

Testpolska
09-28-07, 12:50 pm
A GI is short for glycemic index. Which determines how fast the body will breakdown the carboydrate you put in it. IE: Oats are low GI, Honey is High.

Study up man, if you are asking questions like the above you are not maximizing your potential. Diet is 9/10 of the battle if you ask me.

By going and finding these answers for yourself you'll be much better off in the long run. Diet is something you never stop learning about, theres always something you can do to better the diet.

Thetasteofink69
10-03-07, 10:02 pm
Hey bro.. I'm 16 and two years ago my acne got terrible..

I tried every topical acne solution out there. Some worked, but only temporarily..

I went to the dermatologist and I used several different pills that I was given, and that worked a little bit..

Eventually I went on a medication called accutane.. A lot of people are against accutane because in some rare cases it can cause depression..

Anyway.. It turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made.. My acne is completely gone and the most i've ever had is a small zit.. I have a sister who had the same results..

It's a six month treatment plan, but you usally see results after about a month.. The next 5 months are to keep it from coming back

You can google it if you're interested.. You can try some other products, but if you REALLY want to get rid of acne for good, go with Accutane

forumname05
10-06-07, 4:35 pm
Eventually I went on a medication called accutane.. A lot of people are against accutane because in some rare cases it can cause depression..

From what I've read it can have some weird long term side effects, most commonly are people are getting very dry lips form it and completely relying on chapstick, etc. afterwards
I already use chapstick (well, burt's bee's wax!) constantly

kraayzee
01-11-08, 8:15 pm
Yo... I did one cycle of MStack and got bad acne on my back, now I cant get rid of it.....need help

Pizzalamp
01-11-08, 8:38 pm
Yo... I did one cycle of MStack and got bad acne on my back, now I cant get rid of it.....need help

to reduce acne you need to eliminate insulin response

if u do a diet like ox does(high protein, moderate fat, almost no carbs) then u will be preventing insulin response and your acne will get better or possibly clear up(like mine did when i followed the diet)

if u increase water, have the correct amount of omegas in your diet, eat a diet rich in green veggies and some fruit, eat low gi carbs and avoid sugar and high gi carbs your acne will improve

wash ya face w/ purpose face soap twice a day
use benzoil peroxide on ya face at night
if u have acne on ya face as well

wear loose breathable clothing when working out and shower as soon as possible

BigDaddy21
01-11-08, 9:11 pm
wash ya face w/ purpose face soap twice a day
use benzoil peroxide on ya face at night
if u have acne on ya face as well

great advice but i have a question....is purpose soap a brand or do ya mean soap with a purpose for acne

Pizzalamp
01-11-08, 9:16 pm
great advice but i have a question....is purpose soap a brand or do ya mean soap with a purpose for acne

Its a bar soap called Purpose
really good stuff
doesnt clog pores
non irritating great for sensitiive skin

for real bad acne on your face:

take a hot shower
scrub your face hard real hard lather it up(with the purpose soap)
finish up in the shower then adjust the water so its hot for a few secs then cold for a few secs then hot and finish with cold water

then before bed apply the benzoil peroxide(persa gel) all over ya face completely cover ya face
then wake up in morning wash ya face w/ the soap again

rlund25
01-12-08, 12:39 pm
I got the acne too brother. Its just life. It will go away in your life.

Brute Strength
01-12-08, 12:47 pm
i am 15 years old and i used to get acne like crazy
i used to wash my face like crazy
i used to care about it alot
..........wanna know what i did that made it go away?

take a hot shower, then end it off cold---hot = cleanse poures
cold = close poures

DO NOT put anything on your face, besides water, if you feel like you have oil on your face or anywhere on your body just put water on it and rub lightly then DAMP it with a towel DO NOT rub your face with a towel. thats all there is to it, and one more thing NEVER get a shower right after lifting, wait about an hour then wash

musclealchemist
01-12-08, 1:43 pm
this is some good acne information, i learned a few tips by reading it. Thanks guys.

BigDaddy21
01-12-08, 2:31 pm
very well descripted my brotha, cant wait for the hot cold hot cold part lol

jeff00z28
01-12-08, 6:10 pm
change pillow case every 2 days. Use it on one side a night, flip it to the other side the next night.Then change it and do it over again. aslo switch ur shower to night so ur face is as clean as possible before laying on the pillow

JMC
01-12-08, 6:16 pm
Grow a beard...

Elite
01-12-08, 6:27 pm
Grow a beard...

LOL....

Didnt the guy have a problem with a spotty back tho? Good advice on how to keep the old boat race clear, but he's worried bout his back.....

Personally never had that prob with M-Stack, but a couple friends have noticed increased blemishes around the shoulders and upper back when they've used M-Stak, a small price to pay for a top product.

JMC
01-12-08, 6:44 pm
LOL....

Didnt the guy have a problem with a spotty back tho? Good advice on how to keep the old boat race clear, but he's worried bout his back.....

Personally never had that prob with M-Stack, but a couple friends have noticed increased blemishes around the shoulders and upper back when they've used M-Stak, a small price to pay for a top product.

Hahaaaa...something I can learn when checking in for two minutes and not reading the entire one line frickin thread! Cheers!

Elite
01-12-08, 6:46 pm
Hahaaaa...something I can learn when checking in for two minutes and not reading the entire one line frickin thread! Cheers!

Dont fret, you've given the best advice so far, beards rock!

NumeroUno
01-12-08, 7:47 pm
Insulin seems to be one of the main causes of acne. If you want to avoid acne but not go NO carbs then hit things like rice and pasta. GI of like 55-60?. Stay away from the sugars.

-NumeroUno

Pizzalamp
01-12-08, 7:53 pm
Insulin seems to be one of the main causes of acne. If you want to avoid acne but not go NO carbs then hit things like rice and pasta. GI of like 55-60?. Stay away from the sugars.

-NumeroUno

EXACTLY
INSULIN IS MAJOR W/ ACNE

NumeroUno
01-12-08, 7:56 pm
Quick info for those that don't know. Yes all carbs make your insulin go up. You know that thing you hear about? Glycemic Index? That is a measure of how high it makes it go up. Not all carbs are the same. And sugars (especially refined) are the worst.

If you would like a list of what is a low glycemic carb (less insulin secreted) just google GI Index. There is a website that you can search on.

-Daniel

bigrhino
01-12-08, 8:49 pm
Pizzalamp. I never thought of heard of the insulin sensitivity factor in acne. Might make sense, considering I feel like I am more sensitive to carbs than others. I have had acne, never quite "serious" but way more than the average person.

I feel like the less I take showers (instead of 2x, cut down to 1x) it gets better. It flares up every now and then. But the one thing that actually helps it is having a tan, so I am actually seriously considering going to a tanning place (as "un-masculine" as it sounds)

Pizzalamp
01-12-08, 8:58 pm
Pizzalamp. I never thought of heard of the insulin sensitivity factor in acne. Might make sense, considering I feel like I am more sensitive to carbs than others. I have had acne, never quite "serious" but way more than the average person.

I feel like the less I take showers (instead of 2x, cut down to 1x) it gets better. It flares up every now and then. But the one thing that actually helps it is having a tan, so I am actually seriously considering going to a tanning place (as "un-masculine" as it sounds)

hey i suffered from horrible horrible acne from age 13 to about a year ago

ive since learned the importance of the right ratio of omegas in your diet(having the wrong ratio can mess up your skin ive learned)

and carbs(the right kind) are so vital in controlling acne.
rolled oats, brown rice, sweet potaotes great losw gi is the way to go
but pizza, white bread, bagels, cookies candies wreak havok on my skin-sure i can eat them once in a while but if i ahd them all day every day my skin would be horrible
i even stay away from the seaweed wraps in sushi-i feel the iodine in it really screws me up

whats crazy is when i first followed the keto diet my skin cleared up. and sure enough when i carbed up a pimple or 2 broke out.
so about 8 months ago i did a test. i ate like crap the whole weekend. by sunday night my face was horrible i wanted to hide away from the public it was that bad
monday i switched to the keto diet and by tuesday night my face was 100% clear

yep i def agree w/ u on the less is more aspect of washing
once in the morning and night is perfect for anybody in my opinion

yeah i wish i could tan but my pasty skin just turns like a lobster

bigrhino
01-12-08, 10:18 pm
hey i suffered from horrible horrible acne from age 13 to about a year ago

ive since learned the importance of the right ratio of omegas in your diet(having the wrong ratio can mess up your skin ive learned)

and carbs(the right kind) are so vital in controlling acne.
rolled oats, brown rice, sweet potaotes great losw gi is the way to go
but pizza, white bread, bagels, cookies candies wreak havok on my skin-sure i can eat them once in a while but if i ahd them all day every day my skin would be horrible
i even stay away from the seaweed wraps in sushi-i feel the iodine in it really screws me up

whats crazy is when i first followed the keto diet my skin cleared up. and sure enough when i carbed up a pimple or 2 broke out.
so about 8 months ago i did a test. i ate like crap the whole weekend. by sunday night my face was horrible i wanted to hide away from the public it was that bad
monday i switched to the keto diet and by tuesday night my face was 100% clear

yep i def agree w/ u on the less is more aspect of washing
once in the morning and night is perfect for anybody in my opinion

yeah i wish i could tan but my pasty skin just turns like a lobster

Oh yea. I dieted for about 6 weeks over the summer. My skin cleared up really well. I also sat in the sun when I had some rare free time. And it was totally worth it for my skin.
I eat good clean carbs year round. Don't really cheat too much.

Besides. The topicals the doc gives me start to clear me up, but I peel and my face dries up to where I can't speak or smile without it hurting. SO I put alot of moisturizer on it. and It's a big cycle.
I found the best way, over the last few weeks, is to go like 2 days on 1 day off with my topicals. (Retin A, seriously tears up my skin, and Finacea)

Pizzalamp
01-12-08, 10:21 pm
Oh yea. I dieted for about 6 weeks over the summer. My skin cleared up really well. I also sat in the sun when I had some rare free time. And it was totally worth it for my skin.
I eat good clean carbs year round. Don't really cheat too much.

Besides. The topicals the doc gives me start to clear me up, but I peel and my face dries up to where I can't speak or smile without it hurting. SO I put alot of moisturizer on it. and It's a big cycle.
I found the best way, over the last few weeks, is to go like 2 days on 1 day off with my topicals. (Retin A, seriously tears up my skin, and Finacea)

hmm topicals i never used them
i did use light therapy few years back-it was great-killed bacteria on the skin-did it for about a month or so

luckily my acne is cleared up-now i just get a pimple or 2 every now and then-and theyre really tiny

at 1st the benzoil really tore up my skin but ive gotten used to it

rlund25
01-13-08, 12:00 am
I avoid processed sugars like pop and candy and mine lessened but i still get pimples just not as bad or noticiable.

jeff00z28
01-14-08, 10:39 am
i learned a lot from this thread lol... i have been turning upo my shower extra hot and havent been eating white bread or other unneccessary carbs. Ive had potoatoes and wheat bread for sandwhiches and washed my face only twice a day... I always figured the more u wash your face the better cuzz it gets the oil off but i have less acne when i dont wash my face a lot throughout the day. I cant believe i spent all that money on a dermatologists and they didnt tell me this stuff i guess they were just more concerned w/ selling medicine. thx

Elite
01-14-08, 10:46 am
Good work fella's, this thread could prove a useful tool in the fight against face acne......but that still hasnt answered the guys question.....
HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD A BREAKOUT OF SPOTS ON YOUR BACK/SHOULDERS WHEN TAKING M-STAK AND IF SO, HOW DID YOU TREAT IT!!!

Pizzalamp
01-14-08, 10:58 am
Good work fella's, this thread could prove a useful tool in the fight against face acne......but that still hasnt answered the guys question.....
HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD A BREAKOUT OF SPOTS ON YOUR BACK/SHOULDERS WHEN TAKING M-STAK AND IF SO, HOW DID YOU TREAT IT!!!

continue w/ a diet that doesnt promote great insulin release all the time

wear loose breathable clothing at the gym

shower regularly and towel off ya sweat after the gym and change ya sweaty shirt after working out

use a bodywash or soap thats very plan ie no fragrances or extreme colors that could irritate the skin

ive had success using an acne bodywash for the back-any of them at the store will do

Riesjs
01-14-08, 6:26 pm
I got the acne too brother. Its just life. It will go away in your life.

you got it - it will go away. Wash your face, take a shower everyday, and remember to change your pillow case often. Oil tends to soak into it while you sleep.

kraayzee
01-16-08, 3:51 pm

haha....Yo I gotta say thanks to all of you for good info...I blamed MStack for the acne but now I think it could be the Carbs...I deffinetly increased carbs while on MStack, I ate like a pig didnt even look hal;f time what I was eating....thanks again and for those of you that want an update I finished the cicle and my back is clearin up....thanks again

Pizzalamp
01-16-08, 10:47 pm
haha....Yo I gotta say thanks to all of you for good info...I blamed MStack for the acne but now I think it could be the Carbs...I deffinetly increased carbs while on MStack, I ate like a pig didnt even look hal;f time what I was eating....thanks again and for those of you that want an update I finished the cicle and my back is clearin up....thanks again

thats good its clearing up
im pretty sure it was a combo of the bad foods and the mstack

hayden_28
01-17-08, 3:02 am
Grow a beard...

HAHA i cant stop laughing.

Cant you get medication to reduce acne (eg. tablets). My friend had bad acne, than went to the doctors had a blood test for it and he got the green light and his skin has cleared up heaps.

GRUNT
01-17-08, 3:46 am

Yes, got it on my upper back and shoulders in a few spots. Went to the medical clinic (got free healthcare, military pays for all, im kinda lucky in that sense) and got tetracycline prescription. I also used benzoyl peroxide topical gel. Took the pills as directed and applied the gel in the morning and at night after showers. Pretty much after a shower I had to apply it. It gets worse before it gets better (thats what I was told by the Doc) the Doc was right...I broke out a little bit more but with strict use of the gel and prescription, it cleared up in about a month in a half. Now I just use maintenance on it to prevent flare up. A mild soap that doesnt dry the skin out too much and the gel afterwards seems to work for me. Everyones skin type is a bit different.

Scorus
01-20-08, 5:23 am
Just saw this this thread.
I'm 27 and still had problems with acne till some time ago:

Here is what i did to get rid of it:
1. Using the sensitive line from Nivea: http://www.niveausa.com/highlights/local_highlight/nfm_sensitive (shaving gel, aftershave balm and lotion)
2. http://www.skinoren.com - using the cream, not the gel, it's great!
3. Before shaving use a exfoliating gel or something on your face to remove the dead cells(read about this on a website on how to shave, i know it's a little weird, but hey IT WORKS)
4. Shave properly: http://www.health24.com/Man/Great_man_guides/748-3270-2890.asp

Hope this helps somebody.

TylerC
01-20-08, 1:16 pm
i needed that^^^^

thanks

spanish.iron
01-20-08, 3:05 pm
If you got raging hormones you need to just let that run it's course. Besides that do whatever you can to make your skin "happy". Listen to your skin in much the same way as you listen to your body in a sense. Keep it clean with a fascial cleanser(I use that vichy normaderm stuff...it's in a green bottle. Kinda pricey but lasts a few months). Then you wanna make sure you keep your skin hydrated because dryness leads to irritation which leads to breakouts. Keep that in mind. Irritation = breakouts. If your skin starts to get really oily, take a moment to wash your face and apply a moisturizer. I personally have found this one to be amazing...and I've tried a shitload...and it helps control oil so that's a huge bonus http://skinnaturals.garnier.ca/img/products/pure/prod4.jpg. My acne is pretty bad, but the simple combo of the vichy cleanser and the garnier moisturizer does me wonders. I think when you make it too complicated the skin just can't handle that amount of treatment. Alcohol's and benzol's or whatever may work great at first but really they destroy your skin and make it dry...irritation. Keep it simple. Clean and moisturize. Then again, like the rest of advice that has to do with the body...you gotta find what works for you, but this definitely works for me.

Toni69
01-20-08, 3:23 pm
I dont have acne but there have been times that certain supps would cause me an occasional breakout. One thing..never pick or scrub at breakouts..this only inflames them more.

As soon as you finish training..you must shower and rinse your face with warm water to get all the sweat and grime out of your pores. You need a cleaner for acne prone skin...somethng like phisoderm which is gentle...or neutrogena products..you can use their face products on other parts of your body as well. Cleanse the skin first using clean hands and a circular motion with your fingertips (Using a washcloth, mesh sponge, or anything else can irritate the skin and lead to further breakouts)....this not only cleans the pores deep but it moistens and softens the skin cells prepping them for the next step. Pat dry your face. Now you need to exfoliate the skin with a gentle exfoliator for acne prone skin...I like biore pore unclogging face scrub. next...you close the pores with an acne friendly astrigent...biore or clean and clear makes good ones..then up to you if you wanna moisturize after that. If you have oily type skin..you need an oil free, non-comedogenic moisturizer.

This doesnt always help cause sometimes you just are at that acne age and it hits ya when your young (teens) and then again early 30's (due to hormonal changes..and this applies to men and women)...your diet may have something to do with it...stress...genetics. You can only treat it the best you can and be patient at that point.

hope this helps.

Pizzalamp
01-20-08, 8:44 pm
insulin is the culprit w/ acne. Lots of carbs equals lots of insulin.(high gi carbs and sugar are evil when it comes to acne lol)

To control acne, eat a diet rich in green veggies, essential fats, correct balance of omegas, and low gi carbs. When you are able to keep insulin dormant or at least not a lot of insulin spikes then your acne will improve

change your pillow case

use purpose bar soap twice a day on your face. when u shower do hot water, cold water, hot water, and then cold water at the end of your shower. helps blood circulation and the pores

use persagel benzoil peroxide on your face at night

stay away from food rich in excessive iodine. i know the seaweed in sushi rolls kills my face

drink lots of water each day helps the liver

Scorus
01-21-08, 4:02 am
I think it's a trial and error for everybody.
For me it's worse if i use anything with alcohol, that's why i've changed to Nivea sensitive washing gel.

train.eat.supp.sleep
06-16-08, 10:13 pm
go swimming in a pool everday...the chlorine has great affects..you should be cleared up in two weeks

prowrestler
06-17-08, 8:02 am
go swimming in a pool everday...the chlorine has great affects..you should be cleared up in two weeks

im gonna back this one up. no proof but i found it to be true. couple years back i had acne on my back, still get A LITTLE but like before. it was nothing huuge or anything but most definatly there.

when summer came by, we would always go to the pool for 5 hours. swimming, wrestling and basking in the suns heat. after a while i noticed i was faar cleaner then before

ANdrus
06-17-08, 10:52 am
I don't have much acne....mostly a bit on my back now and then. When I first started supping with EFA's a few months back (fish oil then Omega when it came out), my acne lessened and complexion overall seemed to improve.

Zirh also makes a nice line of men's skin/shaving care products that might help.

Pizzalamp
06-17-08, 11:36 am
im gonna back this one up. no proof but i found it to be true. couple years back i had acne on my back, still get A LITTLE but like before. it was nothing huuge or anything but most definatly there.

when summer came by, we would always go to the pool for 5 hours. swimming, wrestling and basking in the suns heat. after a while i noticed i was faar cleaner then before
yeah ive noticed that too w/ the pool

I don't have much acne....mostly a bit on my back now and then. When I first started supping with EFA's a few months back (fish oil then Omega when it came out), my acne lessened and complexion overall seemed to improve.

Zirh also makes a nice line of men's skin/shaving care products that might help.

efas are the best for acne

Brutus_515
06-17-08, 1:55 pm
I break out really bad when I take M-stak...dont know why but i look like i hit puberty all over again when I take a few cans

thehawk
08-10-08, 10:50 am
I've had big acne pimples on my face, also on chest, shoulders and back.
Nothing seemed to be healing them, so I went for accutane and I must admit that after taking it for a good length of time, I was getting only 1 small pimple every 3 months!

Even now I stopped the treatment, I'm not getting any pimples!

However I still have scars, really noticeable scars all over my back, shoulders and chest, I went to a doctor and he said that removing body scars resulting from acne is not possible :(

waugie14
08-10-08, 10:55 am
www.acne.org

spent days on here, have been clear for a year....never been that bad but just annoying for me anyways

g_mau18
06-21-10, 3:22 pm
Hello, I started eating right every day and pushed my body to new limits about a year ago and I have seen amazing results. Im 22 5'10 and 200 pounds with 14 percent bodyfat. Once I started eating right and training hard I developed some serious cystic acne. I used to get whitehead acne a lot in my teens but that stopped when i was about 17, this is a different story. Its very embarassing. I would like to go to the lake and take off my shirt to show my hard work but I wont even do that because i get it on my back sometimes. I have seen doctors and they say avoid dairy, give me antibiotics, and topical creams, that dont do a damn thing. My question is could eating healthy and tearing iron apart be the culprit? I wont take accutane cuz of the side effects. I do everything to prevent it: shower immediatly after workout, avoid dairy salt and sugar, do the recomended facial regimens blah blah blah. this shit sucks I really dont wanna quit this lifestyle . I love it!!!

desertman
06-21-10, 3:32 pm
I had bad acne before on my back face and chest. This CURED it. Using a loofa on a stick wash your back with dial antibacterial soap (same with face and chest) Then use a face wash containing Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, And Vitamin C Ester On the affected areas. After your shower apply aveeno lotion.

And take more omega 3's
here's some links:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=DX-1060

http://www.amazon.com/Perricone-Promise-Younger-Longer-Three/dp/B002YNS0ZS/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Aggression
06-21-10, 3:47 pm
I highly doubt its related to training and/or eating healthy. In my opinion (based on no scientific research), I would say exercising and eating healthy would help clear it up.

It may just be your body and its hormone levels adjusting. Have you taken any type of supplements like prohormones or anything that deals with hormone levels?

g_mau18
06-21-10, 4:04 pm
yeah I took animal test and mstak and stak.

Pizzalamp
06-21-10, 4:20 pm
acne is caused by irregular blood sugar levels and insulin in the body. to keep acne under control u must keep insulin and inflammation under control.

you need to eat a high protein, good carb, good fat diet.

helpful supplements include

vitamin a
zinc
ala
dmae
b complex
essential fatty acids
folic acid
biotin
vit c
vit e
calcium
chromium poly
magnesium
selenium
l carnitine
acetyl l carnitine
coq10
glutamine
grape seed extract
gla
tumeric

u need to stay away from food that promote imflamation and eat more foods that help reduce imflamtion

stay away from high sugar foods and hi gi carbs-especially stay away from rice and potatoes even yams and sweet potatoes

pumpkin seeds are great because they contain linoelic acid-studies show acne sufferers have low levels of linoleic acid in that sebum

eat more of
salmon
herring
sardines
olive oil
macademia nut oil
raw nuts
oatmeal
blueberries
spinnach
honey dew melon
pumpkin seeds
turkey
green veggies
lean chicken
oatmeal
omega 3 egg yolks
whey isolate
almond butter
natural peanut butter

wash with purpose bar soap morning and night
apply persa gel benzoil peroxide to your face every night and leave on over night

increase water intake
change your sheets and pillow cases
keep stress down
stop consuming caffenine and stimulants and bodybuilding supplements
reduce calories and eat small meals every few hours

pm me if you have any questions
i suffered from acne for years until i learned what to do-now my face is crystal clear and i get compliments on my skin

g_mau18
06-21-10, 4:49 pm
I do everything you said in your post except I eat brown rice with my third and fifth meal every day. could brown rice really be cause cystic acne??? WTF!?!?!

Machine
06-21-10, 9:38 pm
These are some good tips...I can add one, if I may.

Train in only long sleeve shirts at all times...only sweats or long pants as well. Often times the apparatus are not sufficiently disinfected and may or may not cause skin irratability or inflammation, as well as serious staff infections. Having trained all over the place...I follow these tenants religeously.

MACHINE

mritter3
06-21-10, 9:48 pm
These are some good tips...I can add one, if I may.

Train in only long sleeve shirts at all times...only sweats or long pants as well. Often times the apparatus are not sufficiently disinfected and may or may not cause skin irratability or inflammation, as well as serious staff infections. Having trained all over the place...I follow these tenants religeously.

MACHINE

Good tip man, spent three days in hospital this year from staph infection I got from scraping leg while doing deads

AntoineV
06-22-10, 1:57 pm

If you have acne it may be because :

- You don't eat clean
- Hormone imbalance
- Genetics
- Puberty
- Oily skin
- You keep your workout wet clothes on for too long after working out.

Tips for getting rid of acne :

- Eat clean with alot of healthy fats
- If you use a supplement that changes hormones, follow the right directions
- Scrub your skin at least twice a week and use anti-acne soap everyday
- Use moisterizing cream
- After working out immediatly remove your sweat soaked t-shirt and take a shower and/or put dry clothing.

- Go see a dermatologist, he might be able to prescribe you accutane. This works for sure, but has some side effects like super dry skin. Also heard it has some psychological effects on some people.