PDA

View Full Version : My 2008 Prep

Pages : 1 [2]

blueIMlifter
06-22-08, 10:18 am
congrats man. way to represent the ANIMAL name.

DaveK
06-22-08, 10:35 am
Dinner last night: Two Five Guys Famous cheeseburgers with bacon, pickles, grilled onions, green peppers ketchup and bbq sauce, large fries and two diet cokes.

Desert: Cold Stone Creamery. Can't even remember what the hell it was called but it was big, cold, sloppy and decadent!!!

5 AM: Ice cold fresh pineapple layin around in my fridg and a double whey shake.

Breakfast (in the following order): Blueberry muffin with butter, Turkey, swiss, mushroom and asparagus omlet, homefries, rye toast, 3 banana nut pancakes, side of bacon, coffee and grapefruit juice.

Done!!

Tilapia and Oats in about 2 hours. Feel the need for some cardio but I'm resisting to rest. Nap time now!!!

Peace

Margi
06-22-08, 12:06 pm
Best Ever!!!! You are a great sportsman too Dave....Congrats!!!!

DaveK
06-22-08, 12:09 pm
Best Ever!!!! You are a great sportsman too Dave....Congrats!!!!

Thanks so much Margi!! Loved seeing you at the show last night. Can't wait to see you back up there.

BigAnt
06-22-08, 1:45 pm
Very proud of your accomplishments on Saturday...very well done....!

And we just started to scratch the surface, wait until NJ!
George who??! ! ! !

Glad you enjoyed your foods, all sounded very good, did ya get my text pics I sent to ya?HAHAHAHA

Going to Better Bodies for #2 Lower body workout...

Very nice meeting your sister and cousin Tim is a great-stand up guy...hope he trains at BB more often!

Okay....get your well-deserved rest today and hopefully I will see you back training hard either Monday or Tuesday night...I will be there my regular time 5:30-6:00pm

And tell your boy, gotta throw down 3 Five Guys doubles with the large fries to get
"the swole on"

HAHAHAHAHA

Again; a well dserved win Saturday night, you, Kenny and Karen looked great!

More to come, stay tuned!

zanderfever
06-22-08, 2:37 pm
Dinner last night: Two Five Guys Famous cheeseburgers with bacon, pickles, grilled onions, green peppers ketchup and bbq sauce, large fries and two diet cokes.

Desert: Cold Stone Creamery. Can't even remember what the hell it was called but it was big, cold, sloppy and decadent!!!

5 AM: Ice cold fresh pineapple layin around in my fridg and a double whey shake.

Breakfast (in the following order): Blueberry muffin with butter, Turkey, swiss, mushroom and asparagus omlet, homefries, rye toast, 3 banana nut pancakes, side of bacon, coffee and grapefruit juice.

Done!!

Tilapia and Oats in about 2 hours. Feel the need for some cardio but I'm resisting to rest. Nap time now!!!

Peace

That sounds deliscious. Glad you enjoyed it, Dave.

DaveK
06-23-08, 1:10 pm
Up this morning at 5:30 and the fire was a blazin. Saturday is in the books. It's yesterdays news and I don't look back other than to make sure that I'm much, much better. Two more to go. One show at a time. Next is the Garden State and it will be a different DaveK than three weeks before!!!! No doubts. No questions. PERIOD....END OF STORY!

Cardio at 5:30 AM. Carbs back at 150. One gallon of water. Diet the same:

Whey/Flax
Oats/Tilapia
Chicken/Yam/Green Bean
Tilapia/Yam/Green Bean
Chicken/Yam/Green Bean
Pre/Intra/Post (flax) WO Drinks
Tilapia/Yam/Green Beans
EW's
Sea Salt and Pepper the chicken meals a little

Delts at 6:00 PM or so. Will post later.............

PEACE.............

naturalguy
06-23-08, 1:13 pm
Congrats Dave, your hard work paid off.

DaveK
06-23-08, 10:41 pm
There is absolutely nothing like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched a video of Dexter hittin shoulders 3 weeks before the 2001 Olympia before going to Better Bodies tonight. Got me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Back on my pre/intra and post WO drinks (-gatorade of course) for two weeks. Amped!!!!

Shoulders

WU shoulder girdle completly
Tri-set, 4 rotations:
Shoulder Press on Smith Machine
DB side laterals
DB rear laters

Magnum Shoulder Rotator Machine 3x10

Tri-set, 3 Rotations
Seated Side Laterals Pull to Rear at Top
Seated Front Raises
Rear Delt Cable High Pulls

Traps
DB Shrugs 5x20
BB shrugs 3x10
Magnum Neck Machine 3x15

Calves

Seated Calf Raised 6x15

Done

Needed it. A little puffy from the food Saturday night, Sunday morning. Great for the Rebound. Diet spot on today. Debbie got me a new cooler. Its like a backpack and I love it. New ice blocks and a bunch of perfect sized food containers too. Had five meals with me all day and my post wo drink. Pockets for all my supps, iPod. All meals are prepared the night before. I pack in the morning. I'm livin large boys!!! Its all about the Garden State right now!!!

Peace..........

BigAnt
06-23-08, 10:46 pm
Remember the picture in my journal!

Nice shoulder work tonight, your training still has the "winner" flare!

RK
06-23-08, 10:51 pm
Just wanted to say congratulations Uncle Dave!!!

Its truly inspirational to go through life with such great role models like my Dad and you. I really am blessed to go through life with such an awesome family!

You looked freakin awesome Saturday and I'm super pumped to make the trip up to Pitt for the nats! I gotta tell you nothing gets me more amped up about getting bigger and stronger than liften with my two "old men" and my cousin. Gotta do it again sometime real soon brother! Keep up the great work!

RK

DaveK
06-23-08, 11:26 pm
Just wanted to say congratulations Uncle Dave!!!

Its truly inspirational to go through life with such great role models like my Dad and you. I really am blessed to go through life with such an awesome family!

You looked freakin awesome Saturday and I'm super pumped to make the trip up to Pitt for the nats! I gotta tell you nothing gets me more amped up about getting bigger and stronger than liften with my two "old men" and my cousin. Gotta do it again sometime real soon brother! Keep up the great work!

RK

Thanks, and right back at ya Ryan. Seems like just yesterday I was changin your diapers and now your throwin around tons of weight. Your right, we need to train together again soon. That is definitly what it's all about. That chest day definitly got me in the right frame of mind to take the masters title at the PA and just miss the overall!!!

Keep up the strong work my friend. It will give back to you over and over throughout your life! This lifestyle has done such good and positive things for me besides trophies over the years. Just ask your dad, he knows better than anyone! I really don't know where I'd be if I didn't have it.

Thanks again for coming to my show on Saturday. It meant so much seeing you in the crowd. And knowing you'll be at the Nats has got me Amped beyond measure!

Stay strong and focused and above all, never quit!!!!

DaveK
06-23-08, 11:30 pm
This pile of egg whites I'm eatin right now is just not the same as that breakfast I had at the Red Lion yesterday morning.....what gives!?!?!?!?

McFly
06-24-08, 7:23 am
There is absolutely nothing like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched a video of Dexter hittin shoulders 3 weeks before the 2001 Olympia before going to Better Bodies tonight. Got me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Back on my pre/intra and post WO drinks (-gatorade of course) for two weeks. Amped!!!!

Shoulders

WU shoulder girdle completly
Tri-set, 4 rotations:
Shoulder Press on Smith Machine
DB side laterals
DB rear laters

Magnum Shoulder Rotator Machine 3x10

Tri-set, 3 Rotations
Seated Side Laterals Pull to Rear at Top
Seated Front Raises
Rear Delt Cable High Pulls

Traps
DB Shrugs 5x20
BB shrugs 3x10
Magnum Neck Machine 3x15

Calves

Seated Calf Raised 6x15

Done

Needed it. A little puffy from the food Saturday night, Sunday morning. Great for the Rebound. Diet spot on today. Debbie got me a new cooler. Its like a backpack and I love it. New ice blocks and a bunch of perfect sized food containers too. Had five meals with me all day and my post wo drink. Pockets for all my supps, iPod. All meals are prepared the night before. I pack in the morning. I'm livin large boys!!! Its all about the Garden State right now!!!

Peace..........

I need that lunch box!!!!

congrats and good luck on the next two....i have 7 weeks left

DaveK
06-24-08, 3:49 pm
I need that lunch box!!!!

congrats and good luck on the next two....i have 7 weeks left

7 weeks will go by in a flash! It's all about the end goal. One day, one meal, one rep at a time. The day will be yours with out a doubt.

Love the lunch box!

BigAnt
06-24-08, 4:02 pm
This pile of egg whites I'm eatin right now is just not the same as that breakfast I had at the Red Lion yesterday morning.....what gives!?!?!?!?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRETEND!

Plenty of time to eat after Master's right!

And I will still be dieting...LOL

BigAnt
06-24-08, 11:07 pm
As I sat down, post workout...on the "bench" you know the one...drinking my Ultra Iso Whey and taking My Nitro...I peaked in at the 7:00pm step class...

Those girls are crazy! Like why?

DAMN!

Me and you should do it...
Yeah right!

Wearing our "Not Here To Talk" & "The F Up and Train" shirts, with our fresh new
home-made Nikes on...we would dye!

Breaking mirrors, steps cracking in half, spilling the BigAnt drinks on half the class...while we where trying to keep up...

Call 911!

Does Kenny have an AED?

Shit!!

You ever see that class>?

zanderfever
06-25-08, 12:39 am
As I sat down, post workout...on the "bench" you know the one...drinking my Ultra Iso Whey and taking My Nitro...I peaked in at the 7:00pm step class...

DAMN!

Yeah right!

Wearing our "Not Here To Talk" & "The F Up and Train" shirts, with our fresh new

Breaking mirrors, steps cracking in half, spilling the BigAnt drinks on half the class...while we where trying to keep up...

Call 911!

Does Kenny have an AED?

Shit!!

Ant, please do that class. please, PLEASE! Just make sure to video tape it :D

DaveK
06-25-08, 1:34 pm

DAMN!

Yeah right!

Call 911!

Does Kenny have an AED?

Shit!!

Believe it or not I did that class ONE time and ONE time only. It was brutal to say the least. The last 30 minutes was nothing but survival. I was everybodys uncoordinated bitch in that class! Tripping, stumbling, sucking wind, spittin in the trash can as a prelude to you know what that was soon to follow....it was not a pretty site. I laid in the corner of the room like a little baby for about an hour before I could get up and stumble out of the gym. That class is not for the faint of heart....but then again, let see those ladys come out onto the real floor and do what we do.

Yup, there is an AED up by the front desk..........

DaveK
06-25-08, 1:58 pm
Rebound still in full force. Love it! Cardio at home at 6 AM. 30 minutes on the eliptical. 50/0 PD w/flax afterwards.

ABS and ARM at Better Bodies at 09:30

ABS

Ab Machine 4x25
Hanging Leg Raise 4x35
Ball crunch ss w/twist 4x25

ARMS

WU Bi and Tri together

Tris

Cable Tricep Pushdowns with bar 2 wu 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Overhead Cable extensions 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Cable Tricep Pushdowns with straps 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Close Grip BP 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Reverse Grip One Arm Cable Pushdowns 2x15
HS Dips 2x15

Biceps

Concentration Curls 3x15,12,9
DB Curls 3x15,12,9
BB Cruls 3x15,12,9
Reverse Cable Curls 2x15
HS Preachers 3x15,12,9 drop to fail

Wrist Curls 2x25

DONE

Diet the same:

Meal 1: 50/0 PD with Flax after Cardio
Meal 2: 8oz tilapia 75 gram Oats
Train - Pre w/Animal Pump, BigAnt, Post Work Out. PWO - 50/0 PD with Flax & Animal Nitro
Meal 3: 8oz Chicken, 3 1/2 oz yam, green bean
Meal 4: 8oz Tilapia, 3 1/2 oz yam, green bean
Meal 5: 8oz Chicken, 3 1/2 oz yam, green bean
Meal 6: 8 oz Tilapia, 3 1/2 oz yam, green bean
Meal 7: 12 EW's

1 Gal Water

PEACE.............

Margi
06-25-08, 5:12 pm
You Dave K are the epitomy of a true sportsman, Athlete, gentleman and friend ...
You encompass it all...You work....take care of your great family ....and train the Animal way....It is a pleasure to know you...and learn from you.YOU ARE A WINNER....from the first step of your journey to your last....I am glad this forum allowed me to get to know you and your wonderful wife....I am cheering you on while standing in awe.You are an inspiration and a role model to alot of people.That is a trophy you wear everyday. Keep working hard-CHAMP!!!!

DaveK
06-25-08, 5:49 pm
You Dave K are the epitomy of a true sportsman, Athlete, gentleman and friend ...
You encompass it all...You work....take care of your great family ....and train the Animal way....It is a pleasure to know you...and learn from you.YOU ARE A WINNER....from the first step of your journey to your last....I am glad this forum allowed me to get to know you and your wonderful wife....I am cheering you on while standing in awe.You are an inspiration and a role model to alot of people.That is a trophy you wear everyday. Keep working hard-CHAMP!!!!

Thanks Margi...it has indeed been my pleasure to meet and get to know you since the Perth Amboy last year. I am a better person for it......

AK3
06-25-08, 8:36 pm
lets just fast forward to nats!!!

cant wait for it

DaveK
06-26-08, 7:56 pm
Legs today at BB. Suffering is the path to enlightenment...........

WU 5 min on stationary bike
Leg Extension 2 WU 3x15 hold for last five
Leg Press, yea, you know which one Ant!! 1 WU 3x15,12,5,drop 15
Hack slides 3x15
Smith Machine Squats 1 WU 3x10 wide stance, slow controlled

Seated leg curl 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Standing Leg Curl 3x10
Lying Leg Curl 3x10 drop to fail
Abductor 2x15
Aductor 2x15
Ass kickers 2x15

Done

Diet the same. Carbs at 150. 211.5 this AM. Gotta watch the scale now. May have to bring the carbs up a bit in the next few days.

PEACE.................

BigAnt
06-26-08, 9:46 pm
Legs today at BB. Suffering is the path to enlightenment...........

WU 5 min on stationary bike
Leg Extension 2 WU 3x15 hold for last five
Leg Press, yea, you know which one Ant!! 1 WU 3x15,12,5,drop 15
Hack slides 3x15
Smith Machine Squats 1 WU 3x10 wide stance, slow controlled

Seated leg curl 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Standing Leg Curl 3x10
Lying Leg Curl 3x10 drop to fail
Abductor 2x15
Aductor 2x15
Ass kickers 2x15

Done

Diet the same. Carbs at 150. 211.5 this AM. Gotta watch the scale now. May have to bring the carbs up a bit in the next few days.

PEACE.................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is cursed...LOL

Wanna start doing wheels in my basement?

Left you a message!

STAY STRONG, YOU KNOW WHAT IS NEXT!

DaveK
06-27-08, 12:21 pm
NO weights, NO cardio.......eat, sleep, eat.....oh yea, and work. 213.5 this morning. Diet the same. Carbs 150. Keeping the PWO PD w/flax and extra glutamine today for the calories, protein and fats for repair. Will go tanning tonight so I don't go completely nuts. Can't wait to bomb chest at the gathering tomorrow. Gotta be around you freaks!!!!!! Remember, injuries are TEMPORARY......victory is FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigAnt
06-27-08, 2:04 pm
NO weights, NO cardio.......eat, sleep, eat.....oh yea, and work. 213.5 this morning. Diet the same. Carbs 150. Keeping the PWO PD w/flax and extra glutamine today for the calories, protein and fats for repair. Will go tanning tonight so I don't go completely nuts. Can't wait to bomb chest at the gathering tomorrow. Gotta be around you freaks!!!!!! Remember, injuries are TEMPORARY......victory is FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good deal Robo cop...rest is very much needed, again, the amount of time you spent trowing around the iron, you OWN the muscles, ain't leasing shit...

Very cool, looking forward to the NJ ABC with you tomorrow!

And is it true, you got a Tupperware demonstration at your crib Saturday night....with dancing girls?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DaveK
06-27-08, 2:55 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Good deal Robo cop...rest is very much needed, again, the amount of time you spent trowing around the iron, you OWN the muscles, ain't leasing shit...

Very cool, looking forward to the NJ ABC with you tomorrow!

And is it true, you got a Tupperware demonstration at your crib Saturday night....with dancing girls?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shhhhhhh......don't tell Deb.....lol. Yo, I need my Animal Hoody....what's up with the shop....lol!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta order some shirts....just figured out what I was doing wrong....I'm such a chump!!!!!!

DaveK
06-27-08, 3:19 pm
Just ordered 4 XXXL shirts....big and baggy. Gotta stay covered up the ANIMAL way!!!!!!! Life is good.....new shirts and a new cooler!!!!!

zanderfever
06-27-08, 5:37 pm
Just ordered 4 XXXL shirts....big and baggy. Gotta stay covered up the ANIMAL way!!!!!!! Life is good.....new shirts and a new cooler!!!!!

Wow, you keep talking about this cooler. It has got to be a good one, haha. Glad life's going well for you.

How come there have been no pics posted from your first show?

AK3
06-27-08, 8:25 pm
Wow, you keep talking about this cooler. It has got to be a good one, haha. Glad life's going well for you.

How come there have been no pics posted from your first show?

pics will be posted asap..used my sisters camera and shes back at college right now. will try and post next weekend. there is also a video of masters overall posedown

zanderfever
06-27-08, 8:42 pm
pics will be posted asap..used my sisters camera and shes back at college right now. will try and post next weekend. there is also a video of masters overall posedown

Very nice, I can't wait to see.

TimK13
06-27-08, 10:13 pm
Yo Dave,

Did Ryan get the photos from the Pa to you? Let me know. We gotta get these photos up for the Animal Pak to see.

Tim

zanderfever
06-28-08, 7:44 pm
Hey, Dave. Missed you at the Jersey ABC. I was looking forward to seeing how your looking and to see you train. Those Squats at the Philly ABC are burned into my mind.

BigAnt
06-29-08, 11:46 am
Got your text, give me a call, let me know the detalils of the show last night, glad cousin Tim will be there for you today at the gym. Give me one more day than....
"I will be back" (in an Arnold voice)

DaveK
07-01-08, 10:27 am
Yo Dave,

Did Ryan get the photos from the Pa to you? Let me know. We gotta get these photos up for the Animal Pak to see.

Tim

No haven't seen them yet. Thanks.

DaveK
07-01-08, 10:29 am
Hey, Dave. Missed you at the Jersey ABC. I was looking forward to seeing how your looking and to see you train. Those Squats at the Philly ABC are burned into my mind.

My apologies to all for missing the gathering. My ride fell through and I have a very unreliable car right now so I didn't want to chance it. Will def see everyone soon.

Peace

DaveK
07-01-08, 10:44 am
Two weeks til the Garden State and three til the Nats. On point. 213.5 this morning. Diet the same. Carbs still at 150. Introducing a little red meat now to fill out a bit and hold this weight for a couple more days. Start depleation on Sunday.

Training is solid. Nice little rebound after the PA. Keeping my rep range now around 10 because of all the cardio. Rest around 1 minute in between sets. Trying to get done each session in an hour. Slow controlled and squeeze each set. Doin some super sets as well.

Chest/Calves on Saturday
Back/Abs on Sunday
Delts/Traps on Monday
Off today except cardio

Cardio 6 days. 30 min in the AM on an empty stomach. Rest as much as possible.

Starting 3 weeks vacation on the 4th. Gonna live like a pro bodybuilder. Can't wait. Got 4 vids coming to add to my library, Animal shirts on their way and some new Under Armour and Nike gear comin. I'm like a little kid..........

Arms tomorrow. Peace my friends.........we're almost there. I owe so much......you know who you are...........

TimK13
07-01-08, 8:59 pm
You're not like a little kid. Your a giant, ripped to the bone Big Kid. Live the Life.
Enjoy the ride. Ryan wasn't able to e-mail the Pa Pic's so I'll put them on a cd & drop them off.

Let me know what & when your training this week end & maybe we can hook up.

Stay strong.

Tim

DaveK
07-02-08, 12:36 pm
You're not like a little kid. Your a giant, ripped to the bone Big Kid. Live the Life.
Enjoy the ride. Ryan wasn't able to e-mail the Pa Pic's so I'll put them on a cd & drop them off.

Let me know what & when your training this week end & maybe we can hook up.

Stay strong.

Tim

Ha! Thanks!!! Doin legs tomorrow night. Probably pretty late. Want to give my right quad as much time to rest as possible. Off Friday, just cardio and Chest on Saturday. Would be great to hook up then. Probably around 12 or so after the crowd. Like to do some giant sets.

Will give you a call tonight. Im workin til about 9ish.

DaveK
07-02-08, 12:44 pm
Arms today at Better Bodies. In and out in one hour. Dexter would be proud....lol!

Bis

Flex Iso Curl 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Flex Preacher Curl 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
DB Curl 2x12
Cable Reverse Curl 2x12
Standing High Cable Curls 2x12

Tris

Giant Set 3x10 each station
- Wide Grip Pushdowns
- HS Dip Machine
- Rope Pushdowns
- Dips

Overhead Cable extensions 3x10
Reverse One Arm Cable Extensions 3x10

Wrist Curls 1x25, 1x20

Diet the same except for 7 oz of flank steak for meal #6. Carbs at 150.

Legs tomorrow.

Peace..............

McFly
07-02-08, 1:06 pm
Where are those pics at man!!!!??

keep killing it....

DaveK
07-02-08, 1:30 pm
Where are those pics at man!!!!??

keep killing it....

My boy still has to get them from my daughter. Apparently there is a video too. Also, my cousin, TimK13, is going to get me a bunch on a CD and I'll get them to BigAnt and he can forward them to the boards.

You too Andy! Sorry to say though, I'll be slammin some Five Guys bergers, pizza and other "swole" foods before you.....LOL!!! Three weeks and I'll be fat and happy!!!!! I'll let you know what's for breakfast!!!!!

BigAnt
07-02-08, 1:58 pm
Arms today at Better Bodies. In and out in one hour. Dexter would be proud....lol!

Bis

Flex Iso Curl 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
Flex Preacher Curl 3x15,12,9 drop to fail
DB Curl 2x12
Cable Reverse Curl 2x12
Standing High Cable Curls 2x12

Tris

Giant Set 3x10 each station
- Wide Grip Pushdowns
- HS Dip Machine
- Rope Pushdowns
- Dips

Overhead Cable extensions 3x10
Reverse One Arm Cable Extensions 3x10

Wrist Curls 1x25, 1x20

Diet the same except for 7 oz of flank steak for meal #6. Carbs at 150.

Legs tomorrow.

Peace..............

Who Dexter?

Hahahahahahahahahahahha

DaveK
07-02-08, 2:09 pm

Who Dexter?

Hahahahahahahahahahahha

The freakin mustard, katchup, hot sauce, seasoning out the ass and turkey bacon guy! Oh, yea.....and 3x Arnold Champ!.....LOL!!!!

Did cardio and trained early today. Watched a bunch of vids till 1 am last night. Couldn't help myself. Had to go in early. It was a good one too. See you tomorrow night. I'll call later. Workin til about 9. Then back to BB to do some ABS and tan.

BigAnt
07-02-08, 10:57 pm
Watched a bunch of vids till 1 am last night

Some Master Nat guys I know are getting THEIR sleep and not staying up until 1:00am

After the show, shit, watch any video-dvd-go to live plays as you wish!

We got shows to win and it's almost time to do it!

AK3
07-03-08, 1:46 am

Some Master Nat guys I know are getting THEIR sleep and not staying up until 1:00am

He was watching Dorian Yates earlier lol.

DaveK
07-03-08, 10:42 am
They motivate me beyond belief. Besides, it gives me a chance to live vicariously through them. Gets me through the day since I can't stand my current carrer beyond measure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.....no cardio today. Got legs later tonight. Chiro and DT this morning and this afternoon. Flank steak last night at 5:30. Back to just chicken, tilapia and EW's for all meals today. Oats and yams to equal 150 carbs. Feeling a little flat and watery today. It's all good though, better today than the 12th or the 18th/19th.

Last day of work thank God!!!! Off til the 30th!!!! Life is good!!!!

until tonight..............Peace

DaveK
07-03-08, 10:44 am

"Show me that chunky movement Yates". In my best english accent.....LOL!

DaveK
07-03-08, 11:32 am

I get my sleep at work....LOL

BigAnt
07-03-08, 3:28 pm

N I C E ! ! !

BigAnt
07-03-08, 3:30 pm
I get my sleep at work....LOL

N I C E ! ! !

McFly
07-05-08, 11:28 am
just wanted to thank you for this journey....I think we met once or twice @ Ant's place but your journey has been keeping me motivated...keeps me that extra bit grounded and focused.

DaveK
07-10-08, 7:53 am
just wanted to thank you for this journey....I think we met once or twice @ Ant's place but your journey has been keeping me motivated...keeps me that extra bit grounded and focused.

Likewise Andy! Would love to get together and train sometime. Me, You, BigAnt and Big Al. Damage I'm sure. This journey has truely been my pleasure. Almost there!

Peace...........

DaveK
07-10-08, 8:04 am
Sorry for my absence my brothers! I've been more motivated and focused than ever before these last two weeks. I'm just buried in my bedroom, kitchen, and gym. My cousin TimK and BigAnt have been unbelievable!! There for me every step of the way. BigAnt has been doing by prep and I'm spot on! Right where I should be and about 12 pounds heavier than last year. These last several weeks have been like nothing I've ever been through before and my mind is clear, focused and ready to battle. I've left no stone unturned, have done what I was told to do (with just a few questions, right Ant....lol) and I know I've done everything that I can to bring the best package....learning the entire way. No matter what the outcome, I've won! I'm the best I've every been....now lets just hope the judges agree...but that is not in my hands.

This will be my last post until the 20th. Best of luck to all and thank you so much for all your support through these last few month. Until my off - season journey.....peace my brothers and God Bless!.......................DaveK

naturalguy
07-10-08, 11:33 am
Finish strong Dave! I wish you the best.

BigAnt
07-10-08, 8:58 pm
Yeah, what you are doing is all about hard ass work...what it takes to win!

Thank God for strength!

THANK GOD FOR NATURAL - INNER STRENGTH!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell them about the secret Captain Crunch Chicken! LOL

Hope to see you kick more ass on Saturday in N. Jersey....

Is Andy going with?

AK3
07-10-08, 9:07 pm
Yeah, what you are doing is all about hard ass work...what it takes to win!

Thank God for strength!

THANK GOD FOR NATURAL - INNER STRENGTH!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell them about the secret Captain Crunch Chicken! LOL

Hope to see you kick more ass on Saturday in N. Jersey....

Is Andy going with?

ill be there. dont know about prejudge but definatley night show

BigAnt
07-10-08, 9:08 pm
ill be there. dont know about prejudge but definatley night show

Trying to adjust my work schedule now, might make pre-judge only, won't be with you when you get your swole on again! LOL

AK3
07-10-08, 9:10 pm

Trying to adjust my work schedule now, might make pre-judge only, won't be with you when you get your swole on again! LOL

Ruby Tuesday/Five Guys DELIGHT!!!

BigAnt
07-10-08, 10:31 pm
Ruby Tuesday/Five Guys DELIGHT!!!

You got it..the secret to instant swole!

DaveK
07-13-08, 9:12 am
Alright my brothers! Round 2 in the books and another great day. Won the Masters Heavyweights and Overall and took 2nd in the Open Heavies and just missed the Overall title by a freakin hair!. A lot of good guys there last night and it was fun. So much thanks to my cousin TimK and BigAnt without you guys.....blah, blah, blah......nothing more to be said as you know where my heart is.......

........one more step closer to the show I've been prepping all year for. Here we go......last week of depleation and it has GOT to be the best ever. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING left when I leave Better Bodies on Wednesday...and bring the best I can bring to Pittsburgh....the best will be there....can't wait! The challange is there....but first.........

..........BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE!

naturalguy
07-13-08, 10:24 am
Alright my brothers! Round 2 in the books and another great day. Won the Masters Heavyweights and Overall and took 2nd in the Open Heavies and just missed the Overall title by a freakin hair!. A lot of good guys there last night and it was fun. So much thanks to my cousin TimK and BigAnt without you guys.....blah, blah, blah......nothing more to be said as you know where my heart is.......

........one more step closer to the show I've been prepping all year for. Here we go......last week of depleation and it has GOT to be the best ever. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING left when I leave Better Bodies on Wednesday...and bring the best I can bring to Pittsburgh....the best will be there....can't wait! The challange is there....but first.........

PEACE!

Congrats Dave, glad to here it, your coming down the home stretch!!!

Margi
07-13-08, 11:41 am

PEACE!

Congrats Champ!!!! Good Luck at Nationals!!! I am cheering you on buddy-M

zanderfever
07-13-08, 12:39 pm

PEACE!

Your killing the stage, Dave. You'll definately do well in Nats. Can't wait to see the posedown between you and Vinny.

RK
07-13-08, 2:56 pm
You looked amazing last night man! Everyone there knew that you where the true winner of the heavyweight open and the overall! All you gotta do know is focus focus and focus! Their is no doubt in my mind that you are gonna do awesome at the nationals. Your on the home stretch and all you gotta do is bring it all home. See you on Friday, cant wait!

RK

AK3
07-13-08, 7:54 pm
^^^^^^^

x2

robbed robbed robbed. we all know who the true winner is!

master nats lets do this!

BigAnt
07-13-08, 10:45 pm
ANOTHER SOLID PERFORMANCE LAST NIGHT!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pregnant chicken...who would of thought!

Are you going "out on stage" with that towel....does that mirror have your name on it, my bad!!!

Damn !

LOL

KEEP THE FIRE BURNING!

DaveK
07-13-08, 11:08 pm
ANOTHER SOLID PERFORMANCE LAST NIGHT!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pregnant chicken...who would of thought!

Are you going "out on stage" with that towel....does that mirror have your name on it, my bad!!!

Damn !

LOL

KEEP THE FIRE BURNING!

Yup....its out of control brother!!!! The week is set my friend. Gonna go by fast! Ha, backstage moments...too funny and good memories....."yo, what's that you're puttin in your mouth bro????" Hittin a little light cardio and abs and then last meal of EW's and hit the rack. Normal routine tomorrow.

PEACE............

TimK13
07-14-08, 10:10 pm
Yea that's right, YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!
When Mr World Bill Grant says your a body sculpter and conditioning sets you apart from the competion at the Garden State (and you beat his man for the Overall Masters) you know you were spot on.

Great Job!!!!!!!!

Conditioning, Conditioning, Conditioning.

I hope the boys at the Masters Nat's did their homework or they will be really sad when they see the package you're bringing.

We all are very proud & look forward to celebrating your success in Pittsburg.

McFly
07-15-08, 8:37 am
stay strong Dave and congrats thus far.

Get some hair jel tips from Big Ant, from what i hear I think that's all you need to put you over the top!!!!

DaveK
07-15-08, 4:08 pm
Yea that's right, YOUR THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!
When Mr World Bill Grant says your a body sculpter and conditioning sets you apart from the competion at the Garden State (and you beat his man for the Overall Masters) you know you were spot on.

Great Job!!!!!!!!

Conditioning, Conditioning, Conditioning.

I hope the boys at the Masters Nat's did their homework or they will be really sad when they see the package you're bringing.

We all are very proud & look forward to celebrating your success in Pittsburg.

Yea, that was pretty cool. It was also a great honor to receive my trophy from him! Old School Bro!!!

DaveK
08-02-08, 5:32 pm
Sorry I've been away for a bit. Spent a week at my summer home in the Poconos for some much needed R&R after the Nats. Internet/cell service is sparse up there, which is why I love it. Just me and the bear, deer, fish and groundhogs....LOL! Back to work on Tuesday and....Wham! Back to reality....busy week!!!!

OK. This will probably be my last entry for this journey and then I'll start an off season one. Holy shit did it go by fast now that it's over! Didn't seem so at the time though; but like I said, we love it because it's what we do!

It was a good run this year. Won th PA masters, 2nd open heavies. Won the Garden State masters, 2nd open heavies (should have won the hole damn thing. I don't usually bitch about calls, but that overall should be mine....blah, blah, blah....it's over and behind me. Move on Kenderdine!).

The Masters Nats was a great experience even though I got my ass handed to me. Didn't get called out until the fourth round and finished tied for 16th. After the novelty of post contest binging wore off it definitly started to sting a bit (had a few "moments" while alone at my summer home). My weekend was over by Friday night. Wasn't as sharp as the week before. My cousin TimK and I knew I was in trouble early friday. Not that it would have made a huge difference as there was a lot of quality muscle in Pittsburgh and I was soundly beat. Maybe I would have moved up a little. The generally feeling by me and my crowd was that I should have made the third round at least. But, it was an extra day of off season eats!!! And again, it's over and I'll will take from it the positive, focus on getting better and what I need to improve and go back next year and show the judges and better DaveK. I ain't leavin this game with a 4th round callout at the nats...no freakin way! That is all that I can control.

Congratulations to Vinny for his much deserved overall win! I had a tanning appointment with him on Friday morning and when he took his shit off it was clear that the battle was for 2nd place. He was dialed in! Big, separated, hard, dry and sinewy. His IFBB Pro Status was long overdue. Great job Vin!

I want to thank everyone that replied to my journey for your encouagement and support and Universal for great products that definitly brought me to a new level. My cousin TimK and BigAnt for their invaluble help, guidence and support during my prep. You guys know where I'm coming from. Words need not be said but I share my victories with you. Tim...team forever bro!! Thanks to my family for being there with me along the way and putting up with my shit since March 4th....

.....and of course my wife and best friend Debbie. She works so hard and does so much for our family but always makes time for me and my passion. She never questions and is always there with undying love, understanding support. I truely couldn't do this or anything else for that matter without her by my side.

Alright, enough of that stuff, this is the ANIMAL boards afterall....all I can say is 2009 will see a bigger and better DaveK. Took a week off after the Nats and started back on Monday. Ate what I wanted during my week off but now my diet is back on. Gotta take advantage of that rebound! Playing with a three day carb rotation. Two low and one high. Basmaiti, grits, red meat and sushi back in the meal plan. Some shit meal too once a week. Training right now is 2 on 1 off with the biggest difference being rest no more than 1 minute between sets, sometimes dropping that number to 30 seconds. Cardio still three days per week for 30 minutes. Will get into it a little more in my next journey.

Until then....peace brothers!

zanderfever
08-02-08, 7:38 pm
DaveK. Great post. Glad to see you've been doing well. While you may not have done well at the Nats, 2/3 isn't to shabby. Qualifying for nats isn't to shabby either. Can't wait to see what you'll do in '09.

DaveK
08-03-08, 8:56 am
DaveK. Great post. Glad to see you've been doing well. While you may not have done well at the Nats, 2/3 isn't to shabby. Qualifying for nats isn't to shabby either. Can't wait to see what you'll do in '09.

It was great to post with you along the way. Many more I'm sure. BigAnt and I are going to try and make the gathering in New York soon. We're working out the details now.

Train hard brother.....it's what we do!!

Peace - DaveK

zanderfever
08-03-08, 11:10 am
It was great to post with you along the way. Many more I'm sure. BigAnt and I are going to try and make the gathering in New York soon. We're working out the details now.

Train hard brother.....it's what we do!!

Peace - DaveK

That would be very cool. I don't know for sure if i'll be able to make it out, but I will do my best to make it out as well.

McFly
08-04-08, 7:14 am
thanks for the post in my thread! carb depletion begins today for me...game time saturday!!!

then its time to EAT!!!

thanks again!!

scals
08-05-09, 9:16 pm
Dave, congrats brother. You may not have finished where ya wanted but like ya said it was a good experience. I saw ya about a week out and you were looking good. Few minor tweaks and youll be there brother. Hope to catch ya at the gym next time I'm in the area. Hope all is well.

Shukin
08-23-12, 12:38 pm
What's up Dave? How are you my man?