PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Thread: Belts, Wraps, Gloves, Straps, Etc.

Pages : [1] 2

Bigarexic
01-30-07, 4:48 pm
I used straps for the first time yesterday on my back workout and it made a huge difference...I was able to use a lot more weight and get out more reps.
I am afraid it will compromise my forearm developement though, anybody got any advice?

Hatred
01-30-07, 4:52 pm
I've always been a student of the "don't let your grip be your weak link in your back training " school of thought.
just don't forget to do grip work..
Farmer's walks, static holds...etc.

Toni69
01-30-07, 4:55 pm
I used straps for the first time yesterday on my back workout and it made a huge difference...I was able to use a lot more weight and get out more reps.
I am afraid it will compromise my forearm developement though, anybody got any advice?

I could not lift heavy without straps. My little hands have no grip whatsoever. Plus my back issue..so straps help. I don't think it makes that much difference as far as losing any strength. I did bentover rows today with 175, using straps for 8 reps...I weigh 116. If you feel your losing forearm development, train 'em that much harder with separate exercises.

I am sure the guys will be posting their ideas soon enough. I am not big on forearm exercises...so I will wait alongside you to see what others post here as well.

speedster00
01-30-07, 4:59 pm
I dont use straps at all because I want to force my forearms to grow. And it works. They'll catch up soon if you dont use straps. Just polish off the arms after back day...I do a few static holds and overhand preacher curls.

Hatred
01-30-07, 5:02 pm
I did bentover rows today with 175, using straps for 8 reps...I weigh 116. If you feel your losing forearm development, train 'em that much harder with separate exercises.

That's hot.

ghost
01-30-07, 5:03 pm
with how my right hand is, i have no choice but to use straps when i go really heavy...and at times i have to use em on the lighter lifts because my main gripping on my right hand is with my index finger, and thumb...that is it.

ghost
01-30-07, 5:03 pm
That's hot.

i agree.

G Diesel
01-30-07, 5:21 pm
I use straps for heavy sets of deads, barbell rows, DB rows and shrugs. On these exercises my grip should fail before my target muscle group. I agree with Hatred that direct forearm work should be done nonetheless as a consequence. Peace, G

Toni69
01-30-07, 5:28 pm
That's hot.

what's hot?...

tbone
01-30-07, 5:30 pm
deads and shrugs are the only times i use them. my warmup sets and first working set i usually don't need them but for my heaviest sets (last two or three) i need them to rep with.

Big Wides
01-30-07, 6:12 pm
i generally dont use straps because they are not allowed in competition, i try and rely on the GPP for grip strength and heavy curls as well. if you are using straps still try and force forearm flexion while using them to try and help with the grip

JUGGERNAUT
01-30-07, 6:15 pm
I only consider them if I'm about to drop something.. past that most of the training for grip has paid off.

ghost
01-30-07, 6:44 pm
what's hot?...

he was referring to you....and i was in complete agreement.

dl rocker
01-30-07, 8:18 pm
I used to use straps on my heaviest sets of deads but my partner gave me hell so I stopped. My grip is stronger than ever. I never thought iI could hold on to 495 for 6 reps but now it is no problem. BUT if you need them to lift heavy use'm. Don't cheat your big mucsle groups.

Joe Pas
01-30-07, 8:23 pm
i use straps on all my lifts where grip is needed ...i want my target muscle to fail before my grip does ...i do though beat up my forarms and train my grip with my captains of crush grippers ...every now and then i do my deads without straps jsut to switch it up and test my grip ...

NickSP
01-30-07, 8:36 pm
Work your forearms separately sure, and only use straps on your heaviest sets.

TheNaturalG
01-30-07, 8:45 pm
I think straps are very important. Any heavy back exercise like deadlifts your grip is what most likely is going to reach failure first, which could cause a significant difference in the amount of weight used. So why compromise your back development which is arguably the most important part of the body if you wanna win a bodybuilding competition because you are afraid your forearms aren't going to grow proportionatly? Me personally, I have no choice about using them because I can't go anywhere close to heavy because my hands are so small I have trouble maintaining a good grip. Moreover, you should be training your forearms directly anyway. So my advice would be to use straps anytime you are using a weight that you can't maintain a grip on for the whole set.

Hatred
01-30-07, 9:44 pm
what's hot?...

I quoted and highlighted it.
weighing what you do and lifting what you do at said weight=Hot.

Scans
01-30-07, 10:10 pm
i love using straps for back days but sometime i lift alone and have trouble getting the second strap tight enough. any suggestions?

ghost
01-30-07, 10:28 pm
use your dominate hand and wrap your non-dominant hand...and you can start using your knee to pinch it tight on the dominant hand..

i have found that helps a LOT with wrapping my straps.

king1
01-30-07, 10:57 pm
Ive been seriously lifting for a year. And i have always had weak forearms. I decided not to get straps because i knew they would be forced to grow. I got to the point where i was holding 300+ lb barbells and my forearms were giving out but my back or traps werent even tired. I didnt even do dumbell shrugs because it was almost worthless. I got straps 3 weeks ago and i couldnt be happier with them. I work forearms on their own too, but i found im lifting such heavier weights with the straps that my forearms still get worked good. THe point is to atleast try them and see if it works for you.

TheNaturalG
01-30-07, 11:11 pm
Ive been seriously lifting for a year. And i have always had weak forearms. I decided not to get straps because i knew they would be forced to grow. I got to the point where i was holding 300+ lb barbells and my forearms were giving out but my back or traps werent even tired. I didnt even do dumbell shrugs because it was almost worthless. I got straps 3 weeks ago and i couldnt be happier with them. I work forearms on their own too, but i found im lifting such heavier weights with the straps that my forearms still get worked good. THe point is to atleast try them and see if it works for you.

I agree with you bro. Like I was saying above your back is stronger then your forearms. So if you don't use them your forearms will be reaching failure before your back which will slow down your progress.

Cyrus The Virus
01-30-07, 11:35 pm
I used to use straps all the time until someone suggested not to which has seemed to help my grip strength along with training so now I only use them when I go heavy.

Big Jawn
01-31-07, 12:31 am
Try using straps only when your grip begins to deteriorate to push your body past fatigue without compromising grip strength. As Toni referenced other grip work coupled with the prefatigue sets without straps should be sufficent to improve grip.

Toni69
01-31-07, 3:44 am
I quoted and highlighted it.
weighing what you do and lifting what you do at said weight=Hot.

Ha! You fell into my trap...just wanted you to say it again...lol Thank you very much!

Toni69
01-31-07, 3:45 am
Try using straps only when your grip begins to deteriorate to push your body past fatigue without compromising grip strength. As Toni referenced other grip work coupled with the prefatigue sets without straps should be sufficent to improve grip.

Thanks for noticing Big Jawn! ;)

ThickasabricK
01-31-07, 6:15 am
I NEVER used them , and i have a very very thick back , big back.

Of course thats because of the rows and DL i do, basic shit .

I dont recommend straps , i will add weight as my ability grows to handle

them.

just strengthen your grip and you will be better off straps , your forearms will

grow like hell and you will have a grip that will crush, you will be proud of it.

As for forearm training , dont do a lot, its a very small muscle group, and we

use it a lot. Train it like two exercises strict form a little heavy not too much .

every ex like 2 or three sets . Static holds , and curls work.

But the ex that really work are the ones you are asking about in back

workouts = deadlifts and barbell rows , these are THE GODS.And they will

strengthen your grip a lot as you progressively add weight.

I hope this helps.

hjayss
01-31-07, 6:58 am
I just bought some because my workouts need them. As I have crossed the point of no return my deads(415*4), db rows(105*8),barbell rows(215*4) and shrugs(140*12) as of 1-10-07 have hit that point but I also got some heavy grip hand grippers to work the hands and forearms so my forearms will not suffer to much. I think I can raise the amounts with straps because I know I can lift more, and I hate it that I just can not keep the weights in my hands really good.

sneezed
01-31-07, 9:29 am
Man, what i do is warm up and do as many sets as i can without straps, them for my last two, i use straps. Like deadlift 135x10 225x8 315 is when i put the starps on and i sue them to 400. And dont supinate your grip, unless your powerlifting, it will make you unbalanced, with really fucked up shoulders

broomellk
01-31-07, 2:14 pm
I use straps. I'd rather expend all my energy focusing on my back or traps, rather than focusing on my grip as well.

ryanlemley1
01-31-07, 2:38 pm
i use them when i do heavy rows and shugs, as well as rdl's because i'm not trying to focus on my grip when doing these...trying to fry the hams. i tried the "Versa-grips," but found that they made my grip really weak. not sure why. but that's just me.

T. Kemble
01-31-07, 2:48 pm
i just use straps on my barbell shrugs. thats it. get your grip strength up and all your lifts will bennifit.

loiacanoa
01-31-07, 3:17 pm
I use straps on many lifts. Rows, shrugs, and deadlifts. I find that straps give me a better grip and control over the weight. I'm not concerned about my forarms not getting worked when using straps because I'm focusing on working other muscles. If you want to make sure you don't lose forearm size, do forearm workouts.

BigTruck
02-06-07, 6:22 am
i'm with broom, i would rather focus on my back than think about the weight slipping out of my hands.

totally different note: has anyone ever heard of someone using straps when they are doing db curls? i was talking with a guy the other day who says he does it to isolate the weight and take it off his forearms. i looked back with a gaze of confusion and lack of clarity as i fail to see how straps can benefit one doing db curls. maybe i am wrong? anyone heard of this before?

violator
02-06-07, 6:46 am
Yup, when its 2 heavy 2 hold, then its time 2 whip out tha straps. Use em 4 deads&shrugs. Strangely enuf, i find my forearms still get a huge pump, but each 2 his own.

gnoll5
02-06-07, 8:25 am
so whats the proper way to use straps? will they save ripping callouses? every back day i rip one, and its gettin' painful.

BigTruck
02-07-07, 1:14 am
correct strap usage:

a picture is worth 1,000 words -- check out this link:

http://www.thetrainingstationinc.com/lifting-straps.html

calluses:

i had a problem with calluses awhile back to. your best bet is to (1) use a calluse scraper (2) wear some gloves. if you don't like the traditional padded workout gloves, try some mechanix gloves:

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanix-Wear-MG-05-010-Original-Glove/dp/B0001VNZQY

my buddy wears these and says they are great. provide very little support but protect the hands real nice.

rockyIV
02-07-07, 10:32 am

Don't use them until you need to. For example, when doing deads you'll probably have at least two warmup sets DO NOT USE STRAPS, then see how you feel after that to determine when you need to strap up. For my 5 working sets I don't need them until about the 3rd set.

There is nothing wrong with using them, don't let grip strength hinder your gains in other areas, but don't forget to work on your grip strength as well.

Good luck.

Arbalest
02-12-07, 8:49 am
The wrists are starting to hurt... They've been hurting for a long time, but I kinda just powered thru...

What do you wrap your wrists with when you lift? I don't feel like spending a ton of cash on some fancy wrist wraps w/ the velcro straps or whatever...so, is there some kind of cheapo stuff i can use to wrap them with?

thanks for the info... i'll check after school.

trev

Jaymafin
02-12-07, 8:56 am
ya dude go to dicks or sports authority they are like 8 bucks.

Toni69
02-12-07, 12:05 pm
On the rare occasion I do straight bar curls, I must wrap my wrists so tight that my hands go numb. I have to wrap, unwrap and re-wrap..its a pain in the ass really, so I never do them. Its the only exercise that kills my wrists. I use those ace bandages, kinda like what boxers may use under their gloves.
They are not expensive...get the kind that sticks..I just wrap them up and then put my gloves on top, which I have a pair that has the leather strap attached for the wrists. I wear these just for when my wrists start to ache.

If it hurts that much..don't do the exercise..find something else, get creative if you must..there are loads of other exercises to do.

Diesel454
02-12-07, 1:29 pm
i used to use those wraps you could buy at dicks. Then when I got into powerlifting I ordered a pair of Titan THP wraps and it make a huge difference. I know you said you don't want to spend a lot, but I would encourage you to think about getting a good pair. They are definitly worth it.

gsb239
02-12-07, 1:39 pm
They might not be the cheapest solution, but a pair of gloves with wrist support could be a good investment. I've had my Nikes for almost 3 years now and I mainly wear them on chest days for presses, they're really good for wrist support. Schiek, Valeo, Nike, these are just a few brands that make gloves with wrist supports. You gotta make sure they got the strap that goes all the way around the wrist once and then stays put with velcro or somethin. They shouldn't be too expensive if you shop around. Good luck.

RedIron 392
02-12-07, 2:07 pm
I have been using Progryp that have a buckle and velcro. Very good support and easy on and off.

Later

Vengeance
02-12-07, 2:56 pm
Bro, Just some simple Ace bandages. They actually make wrist bandages that aren't too big and bulky. Once around the wrist and velcro. You may spend 10 bucks for the pair. Or just buy some simple tape. Very inexpensive at first. You can get 8 rolls for 5 or 6 bucks. But eventually you'll have to buy more.

Arbalest
02-12-07, 5:11 pm
Thanks for the help guys/girls... When i get paid i'll look into buying some good wraps... until, probably just wrap them w/ bandage/tape or something.. i have LOTS of that leftover from surgery i had. lol

flex22222
02-12-07, 11:50 pm
I recommend the velcro wrist straps they are inexpensive and will work

BigTruck
02-13-07, 12:01 am
i would also add to not over use the wraps. do what you can do until the pain is pain and not just a good burn/pump. if you have weak joints, wrapping them for everything won't help them get stronger.

SlickaO
02-13-07, 12:04 am
It's worth the investment if you are hurting in your wrists. Go to dick's and get a good pair. I've got about a 2 1/2 foot wrist wrap with a velcro strap and thumb slots. They make the forearm curls so much easier with less discomfort.

Arbalest
02-13-07, 12:05 am
i would also add to not over use the wraps. do what you can do until the pain is pain and not just a good burn/pump. if you have weak joints, wrapping them for everything won't help them get stronger.

i have cartiladge issues... that is, i don't have as much as one should... i've dealt w/ the pain for along time.. but its really getting bothersome.. =(

Broski
02-13-07, 1:47 pm
I recommend Ironmind wrist wraps from Ironmind.com. They have pics of guys do deads with over 800lbs i believe. They won't ever rip or anything. Your wrist are going to hurt the more weight the straps hold. i know what you mean, mine hurt after every back workout. But i think its badass to walk around with the skin scraped off your wrist, shows that you actually endure pain while lifting, unlike most ppl.

DreamZero
02-13-07, 2:41 pm
i broke my left wrist some years ago and it stayed weaker.. i used boxing wraps(3-4$) for a while, but the grip wasnt great.. now i'm on harbinger wristwrap(http://www.harbingerfitness.com/flash/catalog/Gloves/140.html) great gear.

Arbalest
02-13-07, 3:16 pm
Thanks guys.. I just picked up some Tape from the Wal-Mart... I actually like it.. Wrap it up TIGHT!

I guess the pain is actually coming from the lack of tissue, and the fact i have plates keeping both my wrists together! lol... motorcycle wreck... broke them both.. kinda like a partial crush... ;)

I found my old pair of Harbinger's with Wrist Wraps on them.. but they didn't really help... they give too much.. the tape was awesome... besides, i don't like gloves anyways... i like my hands being rough.. reminds me of when i was young and did slave labor for my dad. lmao

BigAnt
02-19-07, 9:46 pm
A belt...to protect your low back and a reminder to keep your abs tight when exercising, I wear mine just to hold my walk man (yeah still stuck in the 80's no MP3 or Ipod -- sucks!) when training chest, arms and shoulders...back and legs, I tighten it up on my heavy squats, deads and rowing movements!

Wraps, I wear neoprene knee sleeves to protect my knees on my last two heavy sets of squats and leg presses.
Wrist wraps, I wear always, at 40 years old, and training for a long time, it takes a toll on the wrists!

Straps, I only use them on my last set of pull ups, pull downs and dumbbell rowing movements. On the barbell rows and deads, I don't wear them, it makes your forearms bigger-stronger!

Again, this is what works for me!

txpower
02-19-07, 11:20 pm
i've heard but don't know and have wondered for awhile that knee braces actually act as a crutch and hinder the amount of work your actually doing. have you ever experienced this? or should i just buck up and get some to protect my joints

Young&Hungry
02-19-07, 11:30 pm
I wear knee sleeves all throughout leg day. My knees are wrecked from osgoodschlaaters in both my knees, but these keep me squatting each week. I wear my belt on deadlifts and cleans, and I use straps on heavy shrugs and dumbbell bench presses.

Nas
02-20-07, 4:58 am
May sound silly but I feel naked and weaker if I forget my belt.
Can't do without.
Straps on my heaviest sets of shrugs, DL, rows and chins.
Knee wraps: never used them but consider buying some. Any advise?
Gloves: ditched them a couple of years ago cause I did not like the sensation. I sometimes use a rubber pad on heavy close grip BB press especially in the summer when you sweat like a pig.

Cheko
02-20-07, 10:52 am
Starting going heavy (for me) on the squats, treated myself to an Inzer belt. Added their knee wraps later. I am not a competitor, but what confidence I get when “strapped” in. Wrist wraps on back days … I tried but never developed great grip strength.

speedster00
02-20-07, 11:23 am
I need to look into wraps. I recently got an inzer belt. I have been using straps for years on heavy pulls.

ldskenpo
02-20-07, 11:33 am
i use wrist straps on shrugs, so i can focus on my traps and not worry about dropping the dbs on my feet, I dont use them on anything else, I dont like them on back day

I use an ace wrap on my right knee during deads , cleans, squats and leg presses, i get the rice krispies in my knee when i do these exercises so it makes me feel more secure wrapping the knee.

cuts280
02-20-07, 12:06 pm
I believe it's a personal issue and differs from person to person. Me, at the moment iam doing 315 pounds squats, 415 pounds deads, 270 front squats etc and haven't had the slightest urge to wear a belt. As far as the straps are concerned I only use them on high rep sets of barbell rows otherwise i don't need them. I use chalk on deads. That's the way i was taught to train in the beginning and that's how I have been training ever since.
When you do anything like squats, deads etc you involve your core muscles hence you should contract your transversus abdominis by keeping your belly in. When you wear a belt you end up doing exactly the opposite. Hence you shall end up having weak core muscles & transversus abdominis which shall eventually lead you to injury sooner or later. Unless you have a exsisting lowerback injury or maybe unless if your doctor has prescribed you to wear one loose the belt.

Cheko
02-20-07, 5:34 pm
I need to look into wraps. I recently got an inzer belt.

The Inzer wraps are something else and take time to get used too. I only use them when I approaching my max squat (1 x 505 lbs) Past Parallel. With over 2x my body weight (230lbs) on my shoulders the Inzer belt and wraps give me the support I need to hit these numbers.

Brute Strength
02-20-07, 5:45 pm
I go Raw most the time. I have a belt and use it for deads rows and almost all of back, and then on barbell press, cuz when you got alot of weight above your head when standing up, you almost fall back. at least i know i do.

stumblin54
02-20-07, 5:47 pm
A belt...to protect your low back and a reminder to keep your abs tight when exercising, I wear mine just to hold my walk man (yeah still stuck in the 80's no MP3 or Ipod -- sucks!) when training chest, arms and shoulders...back and legs, I tighten it up on my heavy squats, deads and rowing movements!

Wraps, I wear neoprene knee sleeves to protect my knees on my last two heavy sets of squats and leg presses.
Wrist wraps, I wear always, at 40 years old, and training for a long time, it takes a toll on the wrists!

Straps, I only use them on my last set of pull ups, pull downs and dumbbell rowing movements. On the barbell rows and deads, I don't wear them, it makes your forearms bigger-stronger!

Again, this is what works for me!

I think when I've been in the game for as long as BigAnt has I will be using the belt and wraps similarly, but for now I only use the belt on balls heavy squats, usually only the last set (maybe two) of the day, when I know my body can't handle the weight without it. That's my rule of thumb anyways. Peace.

Stumblin

TheNaturalG
02-20-07, 5:50 pm
i've heard but don't know and have wondered for awhile that knee braces actually act as a crutch and hinder the amount of work your actually doing. have you ever experienced this? or should i just buck up and get some to protect my joints

I thought that to intill I invested in some Inzer Knee Wraps. I had never previously used wraps and now I love them. You still work the muscles just as much with the Wraps on. I save it for my heavy sets though.

never_2_big
02-20-07, 6:11 pm
When you wear a belt you end up doing exactly the opposite. Hence you shall end up having weak core muscles & transversus abdominis which shall eventually lead you to injury sooner or later. Unless you have a exsisting lowerback injury or maybe unless if your doctor has prescribed you to wear one loose the belt.

this is certainly not the case, numerours studies have shown that a belt actually further activates core muscles, and ensures that the tress the are put under is evenly displaced over the entire muscle... squatting with a belt, not only ensures you can get your ass to the ground with some huge weight but it also plays a huge role in keeping your back tight and obliques strong, not to mention the work from the transverse abs.

so keep the belt, it all good.

P_Venkman
02-20-07, 8:08 pm
I usually only wear the belt for the heaviest squats and barbell rows. Does anyone here wear a belt for heavy sets of bench or incline bench??? I saw someone in the gym use it during bench, and I figured Id try it the next time I went under 5 reps. I tried it, and liked it. Seems to keep your stomach in tight. I dont overarch my back or anything and I keep to strict form, but it just feels good nice and tight around the stomach when pushin heavy weight. Also for straps I only use 'em for pullups or pulldowns, to concentrate on the lats..... Chalk for deads and rows.

BigAnt
02-20-07, 10:03 pm
this is certainly not the case, numerours studies have shown that a belt actually further activates core muscles, and ensures that the tress the are put under is evenly displaced over the entire muscle... squatting with a belt, not only ensures you can get your ass to the ground with some huge weight but it also plays a huge role in keeping your back tight and obliques strong, not to mention the work from the transverse abs.

so keep the belt, it all good.

Damn good post!

js71474
02-27-07, 9:30 pm
For the past 2-3 weeks I have been having wrist pain mostly on BB curls. I have started a couple of wrist moves with DB's to try and bring them up a little. A friend of mine suggested using the wrap type wrist supports, but I've never tried them. Anybody used them? If so what did you think?

Mr.Totality
02-27-07, 9:35 pm
I use them for everything I do upper body. They do help no doubt, however have you tried using the zbar for curls? I know a lot of people whose wrist and/or forearms just dont allow for bb curls.

js71474
02-27-07, 9:41 pm
I switch it up between ez-bar and straight bar for variety and the ez-bar is definitely easier on the wrist. I just dont want to have to drop BB curls cause I love them, maybe I will give the supports a try. Thanks bro!

paintrain69
02-27-07, 9:44 pm
yeah the wrist wraps def. do help out a lot bro which is what i use almost on everything also...the ezbar is pretty good 2...

never_2_big
02-27-07, 10:49 pm
the two posts above that said about the ez bar are pretty much on the money. before you strap them switch to the ez for a while, if no change try the wraps, the more you get used to the wraps the less chance your wrists will develop with the rest of your arms

Tron
02-28-07, 12:09 am
the two posts above that said about the ez bar are pretty much on the money. before you strap them switch to the ez for a while, if no change try the wraps, the more you get used to the wraps the less chance your wrists will develop with the rest of your arms

Exactly, but also you could come back on an arm day and try to make up for it with a ton of wrist curls.

hjayss
02-28-07, 2:26 am
Bro they are a heaven sent they help like crazy bro trust me if the wrist is not an any major injury state then they should help you. Man I wish I wouold have had them when I first started lifting.

ghost
02-28-07, 9:11 am
for your information, please use the search feature before just posting....this topic has been discussed in many threads

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=2356&highlight=wrist+wraps

SAMSON
02-28-07, 2:42 pm
i definately recommend the wrist wraps. i use them because i broke my wrist a few times when i was young and i need teh wraps to support my wrist on heavy sets of chest, arms, and delts. it definately helps with reducing the pain and keeping my wrists working at the same angles, because they bend at different angles without the wraps. i try to train the wrists in addition in order to build up strength and lift more without them.

ghost
02-28-07, 2:42 pm
for your information, please use the search feature before just posting....this topic has been discussed in many threads

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=2356&highlight=wrist+wraps

and again,.

MFALCH
02-28-07, 4:49 pm
Three layers of athletic tape and then gloves with wraps worked wonders with my wrists. The gloves are normally enough but some days I need extra support, as my problem is often reoccuring. Never tried real wrist supports.

Ricky P
02-28-07, 4:55 pm
For the past 2-3 weeks I have been having wrist pain mostly on BB curls. I have started a couple of wrist moves with DB's to try and bring them up a little. A friend of mine suggested using the wrap type wrist supports, but I've never tried them. Anybody used them? If so what did you think?

I don't mean to get off of js's post or to take away but I have a similar problem, hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone here....
I actually broke both my wrists in the past when I was younger, and the left never quite healed fully I guess. I tend to always get pain on the Bench, which sucks because it makes it hard to go heavy. And I also get that nagging pain when doing DB curls, especially toward the end of the set. You think straps could help this problem?

Mr.Totality
02-28-07, 7:00 pm
As I said I use them for everything, benching, curling deadlift, you name it. Upper body I have my wraps on

heavyliftin
02-28-07, 7:55 pm
I use them for bench and occasionally a tricep movement that will make my wrists pop. I use these:

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=WRAPS_IRON_WRISTZ

Ricky P
02-28-07, 8:14 pm
Thanks for the link brother!

wolf
03-01-07, 2:38 am
I don't mean to get off of js's post or to take away but I have a similar problem, hopefully we can kill two birds with one stone here....
I actually broke both my wrists in the past when I was younger, and the left never quite healed fully I guess. I tend to always get pain on the Bench, which sucks because it makes it hard to go heavy. And I also get that nagging pain when doing DB curls, especially toward the end of the set. You think straps could help this problem?

I had been having some wrist pain in my left wrist, exacerbated by some careless DB presses on my part. After a few weeks of trying to work with the pain I got some wraps (not to be confused with straps). It helped a LOT. I used them benching and there was no pain. Titan THP wraps are the ones I got and it's like encasing your wrist in steel.

jdubkrew
03-14-07, 12:44 pm
Im looking for a glove. Most people use them. They are Tan and Black, with leather palm, and a great wrist strap. I used my buddies the other day, only thing on them was "ocelot" and i dont know if thats a company or not. Anyways they felt great, and i had awesome grip. Any one know what glove im talking about? Do you have them? Where did you get them? And what should i pay?

Thanks brothers

WoMp
03-15-07, 8:42 am
Hey bro, I think this is what you are looking for
http://www.fitbuy.com/pd/nc4041.html

jdubkrew
03-15-07, 9:53 am
Thats them. Thanks a bunch brother! Now i just need to find titan support systems knee wraps, and some sort of elbow sleeves. Id like to get gloves, sleeves, and wraps all from the same place to save on shipping.

mcbeast
03-30-07, 9:57 am
looke in search didnt find nuthing..hope this isnt already posted

how often do ya'll use them? i use to wear gloves all the time..then had my first strongman training a few weeks ago they said not to..so now im not ha.but i did go a month or so w/o wearin em a while back ago..now i never do..im a firm believer in chalk..i purchased hooks so i cud do heavier shrugs...but need all the grip i can get now for my deadlift..never used a belt in ANY exercise..except strongman
gloves,belts,wraps,hooks......whats ur opinion bro's,,-TONI<3

HAWK
03-30-07, 10:05 am
You didn't search hard enough man. There's a bunch of threads about gloves and straps, etc.

Maccabee
03-30-07, 10:14 am
If there is one thing I never used it would be wrist wraps. They are useless in my opinion. For myself the rule goes if you cant lift it with your hands then dont add the wraps cause your grip strength wont go up. Same thing with knee wraps and a belt I stopped using them all. I might use a belt on my last set of squats or leg pressin.

JMC
03-30-07, 10:27 am
If there is one thing I never used it would be wrist wraps. They are useless in my opinion. For myself the rule goes if you cant lift it with your hands then dont add the wraps cause your grip strength wont go up. Same thing with knee wraps and a belt I stopped using them all. I might use a belt on my last set of squats or leg pressin.

I understand what you mean, but I gotta disagree. Personally the simple fact is my back can lift more than I can grip. I choose not to hold back certain lifts b/c my grip cant keep up. I agree with strengthening your grip, but I passed the point long ago that it's just not getting stronger fast enough to keep up with some of my lifts like shrugs, DL's, etc.

Punisher
03-30-07, 10:49 am
Many of the guys on here use wrist straps simply because on certain exercises you do not want your grip to give out before the muscle does. Since I have been using straps on all my back movements my back has blown up because my grip doesnt give out before my back does. There are many tools we can use to improve ourselves, use them wisely.

Skullcrusher
03-30-07, 11:12 am
I second that Punisher. Started using wraps to eleviate the tension on my forearms while training. They were always acidy and prevented me from going to failure. Now i can concentrate on the job at hand. Simple but effective

DreamZero
03-30-07, 11:13 am

I broke both of my wrists 3 times when I was younger, blame snowboard. It stayed damn weaker since then. Bitch against it all you want but I couldnt do half of what I'm doing now without wrist wraps.
Peace

mcbeast
03-30-07, 11:16 am
i guess,but im training for a raw deadlift...
so this doesntt help..and i need the grip for pulling..
in summer ill use gear for back exercises for maximum growth

Kiwi129
03-31-07, 11:17 am
I have gloves on all the time. They're called callouses.

Masculus
03-31-07, 5:09 pm
I use gloves all the time, I figure as a bodybuilder, i dont have to worry about having calloused hands for grip. And I use straps sometimes for heavy dead, and a belt for heavy squats, just precautions

Tron
03-31-07, 5:19 pm
I used to use gloves all the time back around 3 years ago. Used them for near 2 years. I still have the first pair, but ever since I came to college, I really started using more of this lifestyle. I only use the gloves on heavy shrugs and deads. That's the only way I can keep my grip long enough.

It's kinda funny because I developed the callouses and sometimes I go so hard they start to peel off themselves. So I'm hanging out with my girlfriend of about 2-3 weeks and she looks at my right hand and just about freaks out. "Honey, your hands are hurt!" I'll laughed and just smiled.

Aengus
03-31-07, 8:30 pm
I searched for this particular topic and came up with nothing meaningful.

What do powerlifters think about leather lifting straps? What are the best brands?

I want to get this ( http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/19939 ) sexy pair. There are other, cheaper ones, but I think they would just wear through, like my shitty canvas ones.
Anybody have any suggestions on straps in general and leather straps specifically?

I only deadlift about 400lbs now, but I use my wraps instead of gloves, just covering the bar so it doesn't make my hands bleed on back or bi's. Nothing is more frustrating than being unable to finish a set because my hands hurt too much.

Bear
03-31-07, 8:40 pm
APT is the best gear I have ever tried. PERIOD. I got a pair of APT lifting straps for my 14th birthday 4 years ago , and they are still with me to this day. Needless to say, they are great straps. Those leather ones will last quite a while.

deeder
03-31-07, 10:38 pm
Get chalk. Forget the wraps... You want big forearms, deadlift heavy with no straps.

After a while you'll develop callouses and it won't phase you.

Liftbig21
03-31-07, 11:01 pm
Get chalk. Forget the wraps... You want big forearms, deadlift heavy with no straps.

After a while you'll develop callouses and it won't phase you.

Couldnt agree more brother...I used to not be able to hold 185 without straps now i can hold 405 without straps...all because i stepped up my forearm training and i dont use straps on backday anymore...the callouses actually keep the bar in place after you develop them.

deeder
03-31-07, 11:04 pm
Couldnt agree more brother...I used to not be able to hold 185 without straps now i can hold 405 without straps...all because i stepped up my forearm training and i dont use straps on backday anymore...the callouses actually keep the bar in place after you develop them.

Getting rid of the straps is all the stepping up you'll need! Before last summer I struggled to hold on to 350 without straps. Now I can pull 475 with no slippage and no straps!

I haven't used straps in almost a year and it's the best thing that's happened to my dead!

Aengus
03-31-07, 11:30 pm
I usually go most workouts without straps, except as a shield for my hands (instead of gloves, which I detest and I don't fit well) I just use them for those few sets that I can't seem to get without the grip help. I keep moving up my non-strap weight, but my back is just a bit ahead. I only really see it on very heavy deads and heavy dumbbell shrugs. I can still pull 400 without my grip giving up, it just shreds my hands up, leaving them too maimed for workouts the rest of the week. I can't deal with that.

Deeder, I fucking LOVE chalk. it is the single most important workout accessory after maybe shoes. the only thing that can phase me in the gym is if I forget my chalk. It keeps my sweaty hands from dropping all those plates and dumbbells, and it just makes me feel meaner.

Maharg
04-01-07, 12:49 am
I tend to avoid straps but i do use them on my heaviest weight if i cant seem to get my grip right cuz i am more worried about the workout for my back over my forearms.

AU_Lifter
04-01-07, 12:55 am
I rarely use straps for anything. Never use the for deadlifts though because then you don't feel the weight and hear it talking to you. The weight is trying to tell you that it can beat you but you can't hear its bullshit with straps on.

dIdDy
04-02-07, 5:15 am
my take is, the less equipment you use, the less you rely on outside sources to supplement for you.

Aengus
04-05-07, 11:47 pm
I want to clarify:

While I appreciate the input on using/not using straps, I was more concerned about the relative quality of good leather lifting straps to other options, like canvas, kevlar weave, and others. I was also concerned about other problems with them. (besides them making me a gripless tool)

Budsbythebeach
06-08-07, 3:22 am
So im needing to buy a belt. Just looking for any recommendations, i obviously dont need top of the line nor anything cheap and worthless. Any help.

Hercules
06-08-07, 8:26 am
This topic has been discussed quite a few times. Do a search.

From what I remember, the concensus around here is that the Inzer Forever is the best and that's what most guys recommend. I have the 10mm lever and love it.

The_Dude
06-08-07, 4:04 pm
I was looking to get some wrist straps and came across some wrist bands. If anyone could assist me with choosing either or. What are the pro's and con's of each of them and which one would you prefer? Which one would be best in the long run. Thanks

COLE
06-08-07, 4:20 pm
I only use straps after my grip gives out. I start out doing everything I can without straps but will have them on. Once my grip gives out I start using the straps that are ready to go since they are on as to not take time out during a set or whatever to put the straps on. When I need them just wrap and go.

I also work my forearms on back day at the end of the workout just to Isolate them more.

The Epidemic
06-08-07, 9:19 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sa this Belt one sale for 20 at BB.com. but ad says the the belt for desinged for powerlifters. would this be a good bodybuilding belt.. the belt is 4in wide

The Epidemic
06-08-07, 9:28 pm
http://bodybuilding.com/store/pwr4belt.html

musclealchemist
06-08-07, 9:40 pm
i got a nike one from academy, it works like a charm.

afshin
06-09-07, 5:05 am
Should I get gloves, I dont care about how my hands look it just that on tricep day I need for db kickbacks, should I just suck it up or get some gloves

Arbalest
06-09-07, 5:07 am
Should I get gloves, I dont care about how my hands look it just that on tricep day I need for db kickbacks, should I just suck it up or get some gloves

why do you need them for Kickbacks?! get a stronger grip

afshin
06-09-07, 5:09 am
It cause tris are worked on sundays and by that time my hands are all fucked up, i do get a freaking tight grip on my weights,

Arbalest
06-09-07, 5:10 am
It cause tris are worked on sundays and by that time my hands are all fucked up, i do get a freaking tight grip on my weights,

suck it up.. you're not a chick are you? no need for soft hands then...

afshin
06-09-07, 5:11 am
Yeah fuck the gloves!, gonna but some animal pak with the money

Arbalest
06-09-07, 5:12 am
Yeah fuck the gloves!, gonna but some animal pak with the money

good man!

afshin
06-09-07, 5:15 am
Alright time to go sleep

born0withno0soul
06-09-07, 5:15 am
dude if your hands hurt at times, get some fucking 6 dollar gloves. yea my hands are calloused niceley. and nothing is more painful than those callouses becoming sore after continuous lifting. i have a pair of gloves that i might put on for one workout out of 7 in a row. sometimes your hands just get sore as hell and its not worth trying to be a badass and working through it.

The Epidemic
06-10-07, 12:38 am
is a powerlifting belt okay?

mcbeast
06-12-07, 10:00 am
pl belt is ok epiemic...

anyone know where i can get wrist straps for cheap?

not lifting straps..
just wrist straps

Aengus
07-01-07, 4:43 pm
Alright, after some experimentation:

Soft leather straps are awful for deads. They STRETCH!!!!

Fucked up shit.

Stick with canvas, or stiff leather.

mcbeast
07-01-07, 6:00 pm
or no straps! =)

Maharg
07-01-07, 6:12 pm
or no straps! =)

I use straps on my heavy sets after my grip gives out. muscle failure is more important than grip failure. Just ask: Ronnie coleman, Jay cutler, Dorian Yates, Ox, and a bunch of other pros.

pdiesel
07-02-07, 11:28 am
i only use straps on heavy sets of shrugs, thats it

TheDominator
07-04-07, 12:19 am
My position on starps is this...I only use straps when neccessary. This means only on ther last set or two of a exercise, and only on exercises that really require them. I know a lot of people talk about forarm devlopment, but as long as you are doing a good workout for forearms, you will be fine. I look at it like this, when your grip is what is giving out first, how are you supposed to tax that specific muscle group as much as possible. Throw on the straps and you will be able to hit that muscle group heavy on the last set of two, thus applying the new stimulus that muscle needed to grow. Also, switch it up, sometimes i use them other times i don't. I try to get the best of bothg worlds by constantly switching it up.

jmt92
07-04-07, 12:30 am
with my heaviest sets of things like bb rows,db rows,and shrugs yes i use straps.with my db rows-70 lbs.-10x,bb rows-185-2x,and shrugs-405-4x my forearms are still catchin up with my bigger muscle groups.don't really need them for deads yet I'm only maxn that at 315 so I can still hold my own pretty well.But definately use them for your heaviest lifts.

H Bomb
07-04-07, 2:50 pm
I do the majority of my back work with straps to keep my grip from fatigue, but arms I train extremely heavy going up to 95s for alternate curls and as heavy as 105s on hammers, and I definitely don't beleive in straps for arm training. If you don't want to use straps use chalk.

jeff00z28
07-05-07, 2:34 pm
i dont use anything and my grip has gotten rly strong becaue of it. I just dry my hands real good before pickin up the weight. i like to have strength that can be applied to real world when u wouldnt have a belt or chalk w/ u. Im considering a belt though.

7707mutt
07-09-07, 10:57 pm
I have a weight belt I use only for max squats and DL. I have now lost enough size that I have had to drill more holes to make it tight enough. Long story short is I need a new one. My old one is a padded leather belt. I have found ones similar here where i live. My question is one choice is a 4 inch wide compared to a 6 inch wide.....not sure what is better or if it makes a difference...any thoughts?

dominate77
07-09-07, 11:10 pm
I have a weight belt I use only for max squats and DL. I have now lost enough size that I have had to drill more holes to make it tight enough. Long story short is I need a new one. My old one is a padded leather belt. I have found ones similar here where i live. My question is one choice is a 4 inch wide compared to a 6 inch wide.....not sure what is better or if it makes a difference...any thoughts?

nah man but i have to say i like your sig

hjayss
07-10-07, 4:06 am
Bro as long as it is still feeling like it is comforting your back you are okay..I have the belt that take up a lot of space about 6 inches covers up a lot of my back and about an 1/2 inch of coushin very comforting I use it throughout the w/o really trying to get the waist trimmed...

WillWest
07-10-07, 4:39 am
Not sure on this one, i know mine digs in to my hips when squatting but i've only just got it so may need to wear it in a bit. I think mines a 4inch, any bigger and it'd look like a corset on me!!

Seifer
07-10-07, 12:29 pm
I've went through 3 pair of gloves this year. All of them had the same problem ( besides stinking).

The fingers, on the palm side of the hand, would curl up. At first when they were new they'd go up to and over my knuckle. After a bit, they would 'curl' up and not cover hardly anything.

Ive had cheap ones, and I've had moderately expensive ($30) ones.

Anyone had luck with a pair that didnt curl up like that?

dominatetheiron
07-10-07, 12:30 pm
ditch the gloves buy chalk or get some wrist wraps or stronger hands. dont like gloves thats just my opinion.

Riesjs
07-10-07, 12:34 pm
ditch the gloves buy chalk or get some wrist wraps or stronger hands. dont like gloves thats just my opinion.

I've never cared for gloves, they always feel my grip is slipping and and strong with them on. Chalk and straps are all i use.

Seifer
07-10-07, 12:48 pm
I've felt the other way around, my grip slips w/out gloves. And cant use chalk at my gym.

Hercules
07-10-07, 1:58 pm
I think this has been covered before, Mutt. Check the powerlifting section, too.

I bought the Inzer Forever 10mm lever and it just rocks. It makes other belts look like the pieces of shit they really are. Its a 4in belt. That should be sufficient unless you're over 7 feet tall (which you're not). Check Inzer's clearance/bargin bin, too, or better yet give them a call to see what they have lying around in your size. I'll admit, the Inzer isn't the most comfortable belt due to it's stiffness (although it gets better with time/usage), but it'll support you no matter what. The Inzer is my suggestion. Bottomline, though, whatever belt gives you the most support for the lifts you wear them for is the belt you should get.

HardcoreB52
07-10-07, 2:11 pm
Yo I actually found a decent 4" leather padded belt from Walmart. Works really well, hey it has double prongs as well. Not bad for $14. I like it alot and since you say you have lost some weight and inches the 4" model of any belt shouldnt be to bad. Later Bro.

7707mutt
07-10-07, 4:11 pm
Thanks to all. Herc i canna afford 80 for a belt LOL at least not now...I found a 4 in padded like the one I have for 22 so that is what I going to go for.

NickSP
07-12-07, 7:20 pm
Whoever said they had wrist problems, I'm thinking about getting these ...
http://bodybuilding.com/store/wristwrap.html

simple and cheap. For those who know what they're talking about with equipment, yay or nay? I get a quick shooting pain after my sets of push presses and BB curls, that's about it.

jmt92
07-19-07, 11:46 pm
For a long time now I have used under wrap from athletic tape kits to wrap my wrist while I train.Someone told me they don't serve the same purpose as regular wrist wraps.Anyone know which is better?

Riesjs
07-20-07, 11:17 am
I personally would go with a pair of wrist wraps and not tape. In between sets you can take the wraps off and let your wrists relax, and rewrap when the time is ready. You can adjust and retighten the wraps as well. With tape its tight the whole time, and when its not, you have to retape. Especially if you get too sweaty the tape starts to fail on you anyway. To do what you can with wraps, you would have to rip off more tape each time. Just my opinion.

intoodeep25
07-22-07, 7:58 pm
found this one at sports authority (and i have a gift card for there) and thought it was a decent belt for the money...heres the link just thought id get some of my brothers opinions on it

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2430590&clickid=body_rv_img

naturalguy
07-23-07, 11:53 am
It looks really wide. Make sure you try it on before you buy it. Belts can be a funny thing. I prefer a leather belt, single buckle.

Dreadsquat
08-11-07, 5:49 am
Why do you wear gloves when you're lifting?

As for myself, I just can't see the point in gloves. We've got chack, right?

hjayss
08-11-07, 5:52 am
My gym will not allow chalk my gloves also have these wrist wraps on them I need that my wrists are jerks...lol...plus my wife is not happy with the rough hands touching her if you know what I am saying,....

Dreadsquat
08-11-07, 6:12 am
My gym will not allow chalk my gloves also have these wrist wraps on them I need that my wrists are jerks...lol...plus my wife is not happy with the rough hands touching her if you know what I am saying,....

I know exactly what you mean. My ex-girlfrien didn't like my hands after I'd been doing deadlifts. My gym don't allow chalk and tank tops, but no one cares ;)

darkside64
08-11-07, 6:36 am
a girl dont like rough hands. What the did guys do back in the day, when physical labor was normal (real physical labor, not picking up a 20lb boy and moving it 2 feet). In my opinion wear gloves if your gym doesnt allow chalk, and you get sweaty ass hands like I do. Other than that chalk it up and get wsome calloses

H Bomb
08-11-07, 10:41 pm
If you go heavy as hell, it doesn't matter if you use straps. My forearms and hands are still stiff and sore the next day! Guess what has to hold that strap in place, your damn grip! So just cause you use straps doesn't make you weak! Ronnie used straps to pull 800 for 2! If anybody thinks that is weak cause he used straps tell him that! I only use straps for back day. Now doing curls with straps is some weak shit!

crazy_rahul
08-14-07, 11:29 am
M confused big time..
ok this is my typical workout.
i bench as heavy as 3 reps
i dont squat a lot..i deadlift as heavy as 2 reps
actually i prefer liftin heavy in almost all my exercises
5 reps or 6 even in the pulling movements like lats
NO cardio..once in like 2 months
please tell me if i shud wear a supporter..is it very important?
what consequences if i dont wear..
i hav been workin out without 1 for a yr n a half now
please do reply

Phil800101
09-04-07, 10:59 pm
Due to some members apparently making big messes with chalk recently, my gym has enacted a no loose block chalk policy. Now, all anyone is allowed to use is a chalk ball. They sell these, but I don't feel like paying $5 for what is essentially a stocking filled with chalk. I was thinking of just filling a stocking/knee-high or a thin sock with chalk and tying it off, but I wanted to see if anyone on here had a better way of doing it. Has anyone ever made one of these, and if so is there a better way to do it than my idea?

winstrow
09-08-07, 10:21 am
I dont know what to get tho this is what ive been looking at.
(got £500 to spend mite be able to get £600)
£239.00 Cast Iron Disc Set 4 - 255 KG
4 x 1.25, 4 x 2.5, 2 x 5, 2 x 10, 2 x 15, 4 x 20, 4 x 25

Powerhouse 6 foot Chrome Olympic Barbell - 600lb 56.99 says 25% of so I think thats £14

Powerhouse Olympic Spring Collar

Now need help picking one of these
Power rack

Bodymax Standard Power Rack http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=10&pf%5Fid=Bodymax%5FStandard%5FPowerrack

or

Powerline Power Rack
http://www.bodysolid.co.uk/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=397&cat=458&ph=&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=0

Also I need a bench any suggestions

Giant Killer
09-08-07, 10:28 am
The second one looks more sturdy. Any standard bench will do if you have a power rack, maybe one that changes to incline if you prefer.

Elite
09-08-07, 10:30 am
Lucky boy, i dream of a home gym, just havent got the space.

Hit up BigAnt, he has an amazing home gym and knows it inside out, he'll get you started, he'll be only too happy to help.

winstrow
09-08-07, 10:55 am
Do these power racks get bolted to the floor?

Also what use think of this bench http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=10&pf%5Fid=Bodymax%5FCF328%5FDeluxe%5FUtility%5FBench

Recon I could get one like this cheaper.

winstrow
09-08-07, 1:19 pm
Any oe know the max load of the second rack and that bench?

Gainer65
09-08-07, 4:08 pm
Do these power racks get bolted to the floor?

Also what use think of this bench http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=10&pf%5Fid=Bodymax%5FCF328%5FDeluxe%5FUtility%5FBench

Recon I could get one like this cheaper.

I have the bodysolid power rack,LOVE it.Mine isn't bolted to the floor.I also bought the bodysolid adjustable bench to go with it.If you're going to have a home gym,a power rack is a must.

winstrow
09-08-07, 5:15 pm
What else you got in your gym

Gainer65
09-08-07, 6:05 pm
What else you got in your gym

My home gym is in my basement,so i have plenty of room.What I have is:

Power rack,adjustable bench,three different bars,lots of plates,Hex dumbbells from 3-70lbs(buying more as I need them),bodysolid dip station,and a pull-up bar mounted to my floor joists.That's it for now,I'll add more things as money and my wife allows.

scals
09-08-07, 11:53 pm
I try to only use straps when I know that after I do my set i still have a little left in the tank and wanna bang out a few more reps.

MassMonster
09-08-07, 11:58 pm
ive found straps only get in my way... but ive got a question tho my belt isnt supporting me enough ne 1 got a really good belt id like to know the brand...

winstrow
09-09-07, 9:21 am
Recon I should go with the 7foot bar?
also do you think ill need anything else for now?

and will these fit the bodysolid rack http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=10&pf%5Fid=Bodycraft%5FF432%5FDip%5FAttachment%5FFor% 5FF430%5FPower%5FRack

Gainer65
09-09-07, 10:56 am
You'll need the 7' bar to use on the rack. A 6' bar is good for upright rows,curls etc.If I were you,(just getting a home gym started) I would get the rack,adjustable bench, and a 300lb weight set.That should get you going,and you can always add other things as you need them.I also keep a eye out for people selling their equipment at garage/moving sales.People almost give the stuff away and you can get some pretty nice stuff.

winstrow
09-09-07, 12:54 pm
yeh I got my marcy pro bench for £60 had only been used a couple of times as well.

Gainer65
09-09-07, 1:09 pm
Working out at home just works for me with my tight time schedule and the gyms around here tend to go out of business (I've belonged to 3 different ones).Good luck on you're journey.Now go pound some weights.

Shukin
10-13-07, 9:21 am
Lately I have been reading allot of conflicting info on weight lifting belts on power moves, i.e. squats and dead lifts. Some say start to finish, others only on real heavy lifts.
Any thoughts?

Giant Killer
10-13-07, 9:38 am
Lately I have been reading allot of conflicting info on weight lifting belts on power moves, i.e. squats and dead lifts. Some say start to finish, others only on real heavy lifts.
Any thoughts?

I only use a belt on heavy lifts. Other than that I don't see much purpose in it. If my lower back is acting up a lot I will use it on lighter sets but that is very rare.

wolfsburg2
10-13-07, 11:21 pm
Guys, after my recent deadlifting injury i am thinkign about the belt.

I own one but rarely use it. i have used it before for deads and squats but never with any consistency.

who uses a belt and hwo frequently.

Everytiem you squat or dead? At what weight do you bring the belt out? 60% of max? 80 etc.

I assume you dont' wear the belt for warmup/feel sets only the workign and max is this correct?

Thanks in advance guys, and obviously a belt won't make up for improper form, i am just tryint to protect my body.

feelthepain12
10-14-07, 8:46 pm
I have a belt but don't use it unless my lower back is acting up or I'm just not feeling confident going into the set. I don't use anything normally though even though I consistently squat and deadlift heavy. This way I don't have to spend a lot of extra time training my core.

wolfsburg2
10-15-07, 9:02 am
i rarely use mine as well, but i am wondering if i am leaving myself at risk.

carpediem300
10-19-07, 12:36 pm
What is the general consensus out there in terms of when a belt is needed? When you need it for lower back support is one obvious answer. I thought that I read somewhere that a belt would also help from developing an "ab bulge".

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanx much

MassMonster
10-20-07, 10:58 pm
ok i looked this up and i came up short but what type of weight belt is good to use... i kno inzer is good but its the type im looking for not a company per se.... any help?

Ronnie Chop
10-20-07, 11:13 pm
Go to your high school and steal one with some decades on it.

No I did not do this personally

or did I?

MassMonster
10-20-07, 11:14 pm
ok... any serious answers? lol

Giant Killer
10-20-07, 11:53 pm
As long as it's leather I don't see how you could go wrong, but I am biased to the old-school mentality. I just don't see how nylon or whatever could stack up, but who knows...

never_2_big
10-21-07, 3:35 am
im with gk on the leather thing, i used one of the new designs from sheick and it was ok but nothing like the leather ones.

i try to stick a belt where that support at the back is no bigger and 5 inches, the bigger ones get uncomfortable.

but you should try a few on and see how they feel, its the best way to tell.

bobbymart
10-21-07, 9:28 am
Go to your high school and steal one with some decades on it.

No I did not do this personally

or did I?

HA! that's some funny shit!!

solkadi
10-21-07, 9:32 am
hello friends,brother try VALEO 6inch leather belt..ull get very nice deal in ebay i just ordered one frm there for 17 dollars...inzer is nice but for me valeo is more comfortable..if u need any help do pm me...thx regards .god bless all...

rlund25
10-22-07, 6:20 pm
Well i use to use leather ones all the time and loved them but after i left high school i had to go get one so not wanting to spend 50 dollars i bought a weider one at sears LOL. But it is awesome. Its narrow because im not a big chested or big waisted guy. So it fits like a glove. But the moral of the story is i tried close to 12 belts on from leather to the nylon "i think" the one i have.

willwrnsk
10-22-07, 11:57 pm
I hate using the straps. There is nothing more impressive than seeing someone lifting heavy weights WITHOUT the straps. That to me is a true Animal

Mastrcruse
11-19-07, 12:02 am
I was wondering. My lifting belt is getting WAY to small. The lowest hole is now leaving the belt limp on my body.

So will the belt lose any of its function if I drill some more holes in it or should I buy a smaller belt? Where I am at the wider part of the belt almost wraps around my sides. Ox didn't include that things might stop fitting as good on his keto diet haha. It basically puts the buckle on my hip.

Thanks

Mastrcruse
11-19-07, 11:54 pm
Sorry, don't know if I can bump stuff but can anyone answer if it is safe? I am leaving tomorrow and either bringing my belt to put holes in or getting a new one this weekend.

Malloy1344
11-20-07, 4:07 pm
Unless your powerlifting, I see no reason to not use straps. I use them on my heaviest sets only of course. When I know my grip is going to fail. Like Big Wides said earlier on in this post thought, focus on keeping your grip very tight at the same time. You'll be surprised. My forearms still get sore from a heavy back day even with straps on.........Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler uses straps, so I think its ok for us to as well :)

live2lift
11-20-07, 4:25 pm
There are obviously different schools of thought on this subject. I can also see both sides because I have been on both sides. I used to use straps and yes the weight lifted difference was great, but I felt like my grip was shit...so I stopped using them and now I can use almost as much weight as before and my grip is stronger. You can experiment with different grip styles like the hook if you want to hold onto more weight. My thinking now is that the whole point of weightlifting (whether bodybuilder or powerlifter) is to place stress on the body and when you use straps you take away some of that favorable stress that causes your body to grow. Just my 2 cents though. I agree with others here though and if you are going to use straps do some extra forearm and grip work to keep those areas strong as well. One thing that helps alot is this thing called a Dynaflex ball. It sounds funny but it is a little ball that spins like a gyro and can get up to speeds of 13,000 RPM which is really hard to control once it does. But you have to keep moving your hand to keep it going and believe me when you are done your whole arm and hand is pumped. It really helps with finger and grip strength. I got mine for $20 at Sports Chalet. Oh yeah...remember Franco Columbo? He pulled a 700lb deadlift no straps, and other PLs do even more than that. Eventually your grip strength will increase and you won't believe how much weight you can hold onto. It all comes down to personal preference and just be sure to keep training grip if you use them. I hope this helps bro. Peace.

Giant Killer
11-20-07, 4:27 pm
Unless your powerlifting, I see no reason to not use straps. I use them on my heaviest sets only of course. When I know my grip is going to fail. Like Big Wides said earlier on in this post thought, focus on keeping your grip very tight at the same time. You'll be surprised. My forearms still get sore from a heavy back day even with straps on.........Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler uses straps, so I think its ok for us to as well :)

I would agree with this, but IMO only a slight adjustment. I'd say if you are in your first...year or so of training you should stay away from straps. I think the total grip & forearm development is something you need to develop along with the rest of your support muscles when you are "just gettin' into the game".

For an experienced bodybuilder straps are good means to a good end, getting huge without the limitations of your grip.

big H
11-20-07, 5:31 pm
i personally have absolutely no second thoughts about using straps.. my back is obv way stronger than my forarms and im not going to scrafice a big back for stronger forarms.
I like to only wrap the straps once around the bar or even just half way round so that its in a hook shape and my hand on the loose end, this way on my heavier sets im still using my grip but i get a better back workout. right now my dl with straps and without are the same.

jeff00z28
11-21-07, 1:00 am
i will never use straps. I use strictly chalk and i rly like the way my forearms look because of it. But after every back workout i cant bend my arms or the mucles will like pop off the bone and hurt lol. I also dont think it even affects my back workoust anymore. If I dont get the lift its because i cant get it w/ my back. The only exception is shrugs sometiems they get hard but I like to think of them as a grip excersize too.

Mr. Thursday Night
11-21-07, 12:40 pm
I wear mine just to hold my walk man (yeah still stuck in the 80's no MP3 or Ipod -- sucks!)

BigAnt, when I buy my new iPod, you may have my old 30gb iPod.

You may not like the large amount of Lou Rawls on there, but you can just delete those.

Moose 13
11-21-07, 1:34 pm
Dont know never had that problem. I was a farmer, then construction worker, now i am a pt. so my hands were strong from years of hard manual labor.

Mr.Hardcore98
11-21-07, 2:42 pm
only use the straps when you need them do not depend on them for everythingand continue your forearm work and both your back and forearms will grow

rlund25
11-28-07, 9:59 pm
hey everyone. I just wanted your input on lifting straps and weight belts. AS far as the straps use them because im lacking hand strength to row 100 pound dumbbell. I just want to know are these straps hurting me or helping me. And about the weight belt i have heard that i shouldnt use it all the time and that when you use the belt you push out instead of pull in to strengthen my core. Thanks for the feedback.

harperpj
11-28-07, 10:16 pm
hey everyone. I just wanted your input on lifting straps and weight belts. AS far as the straps use them because im lacking hand strength to row 100 pound dumbbell. I just want to know are these straps hurting me or helping me. And about the weight belt i have heard that i shouldnt use it all the time and that when you use the belt you push out instead of pull in to strengthen my core. Thanks for the feedback.

I dont use straps, but a belt helps stabilize your core and keep you tight. you dont want to use it for everything, but if you're doing a heavy squat or pull or something it can help prevent injury. when setting up for your lift, take a deep breath in, fill your belly up with air, and push your abs against the belt and it will help lock you into place. peace

Maccabee
11-28-07, 10:44 pm
I like using the belt on my real heavy sets.

If your having trouble doing 100 lbs with out straps it oviously means your grip strength is not strong enough. So just do less weight and eventually your grip and strength will go up and you will handle 100 lbs. Thats what I did.

I rarely use straps I prefer to pick the weight up with my own strength.

intoodeep25
11-28-07, 10:54 pm
im a no strap man, dont even know how to put the things on and dont plan on ever using em..a belt is essential though in my opinions, especially on heavy deads and squats

GJN5002
11-28-07, 11:09 pm
I love straps. I switch back and forth so I maintain grip strength. If I can do bent bb rows with 200 for 5 reps strapless but 225 for 6 with straps I'm gonna use straps. I feel like some guys dont use them just to say they dont and that somehow makes them "tough." All I know is Ive seen Cutler using them. I wear my belt everyday currently because i have a groin strain. I'm amazed when I read that guys dont use belts when squatting heavy or deadlifting.

Pizzalamp
11-28-07, 11:33 pm
ill use a belt when im doing my heaviest lifting
and ill use straps only on my heaviest sets

rev8ball
11-28-07, 11:47 pm
I have never used straps. I figure, if I can't hold on to the weight, then I have no business trying to pick it up... but that's just me.

The only time I ever used a belt was getting ready for a meet, or at the actual meet itself.

Mr.Hardcore98
11-29-07, 7:55 am
i only use straps when i no longer can not hold the bar that i get more out of what i working and i dont sacrifice my grip strengh

seriouslifter
12-04-07, 6:45 pm
Would this be good to train grip or could grip training be done in the gym and not waste money on these? I just want a stronger grip all around. do you think its really neccessary? Its like $160 for all the grippers or just work your way up to the highest level and cant forget shipping. Heavy holds could work also. I also see heavy grippers, which are cheaper. How are those?

Maharg
12-04-07, 7:20 pm
You're animal so i will save you some major cash:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/8448

All the captains for 90 bucks. You can thank me later.

AnthonyB
12-04-07, 10:24 pm
You're animal so i will save you some major cash:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/8448

All the captains for 90 bucks. You can thank me later.

nice...thanks for the post

i only use my inzer wrist wraps and my neoprene sleeves on my elbows for pressing days.

71bbo455
01-18-08, 11:11 pm
Hey guys I am interested in knowing people's opinions on the use of belts for squats. Is it good or bad to use belts on squats? I know super heavy weights it is pretty smart but how about for lighter higher rep work. I know that some people use belts for everything all the time and others say that will weaken your back. What's the 411 on the forum?

Deadlift
01-18-08, 11:26 pm
High reps and light weight you shouldn't need a belt. You use your lower back and abs when you squat and thats something you want to strengthen and not neglect. It'll take a lot of strain off when you're going really heavy, but usually you want to try and go without one.

Brick By Brick
01-18-08, 11:26 pm
I use a belt on reps using 80% of my 1 rep max and on up. Your results may vary.

pmug0000
01-18-08, 11:31 pm
Hey guys I am interested in knowing people's opinions on the use of belts for squats. Is it good or bad to use belts on squats? I know super heavy weights it is pretty smart but how about for lighter higher rep work. I know that some people use belts for everything all the time and others say that will weaken your back. What's the 411 on the forum?

When I go super-heavy on squats I usually wear a belt. It's not like I'm going to be competing in any powerlifting meets, so I don't really care if people say it is a kind of 'crutch' or cheating or shit like that.
But why would you need a belt on lighter squats? I wouldn't where it just for shits. If your back hurts, then yeah put it on, but if your back is fine on the lighter lifts then skip the belt.
Just my opinion, others may be different.

BoomCrane
01-19-08, 12:19 am
With proper technique, muscle control and breathing you create a vitual belt with your body. It takes time and practice to get it down, but why use a belt if you don't have to. One of the experienced powerlifters could probably fill you in better. And if your back does hurt when doing squats, don't look to fix it with a belt. Check out your technique, maybe you're doing something wrong and don't notice it or maybe you just need another day of recovery time. Just things to consider, trying to stimulate the brain.

71bbo455
01-19-08, 5:50 am
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I currently don't use a belt because my old one doesn't fit anymore. But I'm getting back into squatting and was looking for thoughts on when I should begin to use one. My old belt was from high school when I weighed 150lbs and now I weight 200. Will never have that 29" waist again. This is only my third week back doing squats and hit 225 for 6 last night. I like the idea of 80% of max. That is a great idea. Keep the idea's coming guys I'm getting some great education. Also I might ask a powerlifter as well. Thanks again.

naturalguy
01-19-08, 8:26 am
I don't put on my belt until I get to 315 in the squat, from there on up I use it.

ionacht
01-19-08, 9:21 am
Same as most folk here. I warm up without and only use it on my working sets. I agree with what BoomCrane said about a "virtual" belt, however if you are working near your 1RM or going for a PR, I would recommend using one, just for the safty aspect. In my opinion it's better to be lifting with a belt then to be wishing you could lift because you blew your back out.

Riesjs
01-19-08, 11:05 am
Again what 'heavy' means comes into play.....I wouldnt use a belt as long as you can. over you start creeping towards 3 plates a side, then grab yourself a belt. Go try on a few and get whats the most comforatble.

Big Wides
01-19-08, 12:27 pm
use the belt as you see fit, like straps or chalk, use it when you feel the need to in order for you to complete the exercise properly and safely.....train smart

WeeMan
01-19-08, 12:36 pm
use the belt as you see fit, like straps or chalk, use it when you feel the need to in order for you to complete the exercise properly and safely.....train smart

yea only you can say when you need it. like i dont use a belt on my warmup deadlifts or squats, but once i tried to squat heavy without a belt and my back buckled, haha thought id snapped it!!

Iron4Life
01-19-08, 12:55 pm
listen to big wides.... he explained it perfectly...... use it when you feel it is needed....don't worry about other criticisms.... its your body....its your goals and overall its your safety...... thats what great about bodybuilding and powerlifting, we are free to utilize as many different tools, styles and methods...just my two cents.... peace bro

iron4life

mustgetbig
01-20-08, 12:03 am
ive always prefered not to use a belt becuz of how it felt but now that ive hurt my back goin over 300lbs i do use a belt so yes it is wise to use a belt no matter what yur personel preference is.

jeff00z28
01-20-08, 1:18 am
i have an inzer 10mm belt

Lawnmower Man
01-20-08, 11:16 am
i only use one when i go heavy

TXPWRLFTR
01-20-08, 12:23 pm
As mentioned before bro, if you think you need it go for it. But first and foremost, get the techniques down and stengthen the core. Many use belts in all aspects of training. Find what works for you. As a powerlifter a key in using a belt is that we push out or abs into the belt to get a great support on the core. Hence the term,"belly out" and "big air."
I personally don't use a belt in squats until I am at or over 500, but that's me.
There are many valid points in strengths and weaknesses in using a belt, but we are different and that's what makes us unique. Be smart, train smart, practice good form, breathe, and pick a belt that works for you. Ask away bro, we are all in the brotherhood together! Lift Large!

71bbo455
01-20-08, 1:45 pm
thanks for all the great info guys. Keep it coming I really appreciate it.

Rock05
01-24-08, 10:07 am
Alrite fellas jus wanna get some opinions about these. I've been looking at ATP's and they look solid with good rep, but there are a couple different options. They have regular, heavy, and super-heavy. I was hopin some of you have tried these and can let me know some of the differences. As of now thinking a heavy would be fine. peace

mikejones1
02-12-08, 3:09 pm
the only thead i saw on weight lifting belts was how tight to wear your belt, so i dont believe a thread was posted on this. if so lead me in the right direction

what weight lifting belt do you guys use?
if you have a picture or link post them up.

im not a power lifter by any means, i just want a reliable belt that will get the job done and give support to my lower back when lifting decent weight.

on my 22nd birthday i was deadlifting, only 395, wearing a belt and thought i was ronnie coleman, my form was off and head and felt a pop in my lower back as i was pulling up, and felt a shock run down my legs. i was in the marines at the time, and my injury wasnt bad enough to get a mri, no need to get into the marines/navy medical staff, but it aint the best. but i knew for sure something was wrong with a disc in my back. im out of the marines now and over time i think i got the nerve back and it seems to be feeling a little bit better now.

but i still feel like a old man and my squating will never be the same thats for sure, and who knows when im gona attempt deadlifts again if at all.

and i left my belt at the gym recently and someone snagged it. kinda pissed, but it wasnt the greatest belt anyways. dont even remember what company made the belt, but i need something new.

so whatever weight lifting belt you guys recommend throw it out there

brandonA
02-12-08, 3:22 pm
the only thead i saw on weight lifting belts was how tight to wear your belt, so i dont believe a thread was posted on this. if so lead me in the right direction

what weight lifting belt do you guys use?
if you have a picture or link post them up.

im not a power lifter by any means, i just want a reliable belt that will get the job done and give support to my lower back when lifting decent weight.

on my 22nd birthday i was deadlifting, only 395, wearing a belt and thought i was ronnie coleman, my form was off and head and felt a pop in my lower back as i was pulling up, and felt a shock run down my legs. i was in the marines at the time, and my injury wasnt bad enough to get a mri, no need to get into the marines/navy medical staff, but it aint the best. but i knew for sure something was wrong with a disc in my back. im out of the marines now and over time i think i got the nerve back and it seems to be feeling a little bit better now.

but i still feel like a old man and my squating will never be the same thats for sure, and who knows when im gona attempt deadlifts again if at all.

and i left my belt at the gym recently and someone snagged it. kinda pissed, but it wasnt the greatest belt anyways. dont even remember what company made the belt, but i need something new.

so whatever weight lifting belt you guys recommend throw it out there

My belt is from EliteFTS.com...It is the retro power belt...it is a beast, almost 1/2" thick and stiff as hell..Depends on what you are looking for..if you want a rock solid powerlifting type belt, Inzer, Titan, ATP, EliteFTS all sell a solid product, Spud Inc sells one that is made of canvas and is a great belt (as I have read) and that on is going to be much more flexable..Going to be personal preferance..

-B

sanga
02-13-08, 7:24 am
Whats everyones thoughts on supports such as a belt and knee wraps, wrist supports?

Do you use a belt for legs and back training?

Do you use knee wraps on squats and leg press?

SDR
02-13-08, 7:33 am
Supports for a non injured bodypart I'll use sparingly.

ALWAYS wear wrist supports!

Now and then wear a belt (eg for DB presses seated if my lower back is shot to bits from deadlifts)

Geek
02-13-08, 8:11 am
i try to avoid them at all costs. i have the crazy notion in my head that raw is the only way to train. but thats just me.

but i do use them when im at the end of the work out if i really need them

Testpolska
02-13-08, 8:15 am
I use no supportive equiptment generally. But when I'm dieting I might bust out that belt just for added safty factor.

sanga
02-13-08, 8:15 am
Well I used to wear a belt for back and leg work and wrap my knees for heavy squats and leg press but I was getting pain so I dropped the belt and wraps, lowered all my weights and upped the reps then built up in weight again, I don`t own a belt anymore and never wrap my knees.

However since I`ve decide to get into a serious bulk now I will be pushing the weights to the limit so think that a belt on the heaviest sets of deadlifts and squats might be wise and maybe wrap my knees on the heaviest sets too.

bovat
02-13-08, 5:58 pm
i think, that you should use straps, i mean your doing bentover rows as a back exercise, not a forearm one, so if it helps you get more reps and more weight to improve your back, then do it. If you feel your forearms need training, then train them. I personally dont give a damn about grip or forearm size. They get worked good enough from other exercises.

Cstlfx
02-16-08, 6:10 pm
I've been getting some pretty sore wrists after doing military presses and was going to try some wrist wraps. I am thinking of getting some APT stuff. I saw that their stuff isnt that expensive, but I'm reading this stuff saying how they're for experienced lifters going really heavy. I'm no where near that kind of weight, can someone help with suggestions on what to get? I also dont understand what the difference in length would be.

Cstlfx
02-16-08, 7:08 pm
Yea, nevermind, I just realized they had a chart there to help you out. Nevermind my post.

Big C
03-20-08, 2:58 pm
Ok, I'm set to order these weightlifting shoes and customer service has yet to respond to my emails about what size I should get.

I wear size 9 so should I order size 9? I read on bb.com that some dude wore a 13 but had to order a 14 in the Ironworks shoe. I just wanna be careful b/c these are $150 a pop.

Just curious if any of you Animals have these shoes and any info is greatly appreciated.

Big C

IRBS
03-20-08, 3:00 pm
Get some Chucks.

gsb239
03-20-08, 3:01 pm
I'm not sure about the shoe itself, but its always a good idea to double check the company's return and exchange policy just in case the shoe doesn't fit.

Young&Hungry
03-20-08, 3:04 pm
These are awesome if you're an olympic lifter or regularly do narrow stance squats. If you're a bodybuilder, powerlifter, or just a general lifter you're better off with a pair of Chucks.

krazyassmexican
03-20-08, 3:05 pm
when i got my otomix i got the size 13 cuz it's the size i normally wear

escholar05
03-20-08, 4:26 pm
I lift in wrestling shoes, you can pick up a pair for 50, good support and good ground contact. Just throwin it out there.

spyderman4g63
03-20-08, 6:36 pm
Get some Chucks.

Gotta have 'em on leg day. Plus they were only like $35.

newbreed
03-20-08, 10:35 pm
I use straps whenever I do back exercises and a couple of shoulder exercise. As for forearms, I work them with wrist curls, reverse wrist curls and even work on the gripping by squeezing a tennis ball and holding a couple seconds on occasions. Just work your forearms and it's all good.

Tork
03-20-08, 11:15 pm
I fucking love deads more than the next guy, I live for them, I probably love them way more than SGT ROCK, but here is the thing, I hate straps and I don't like to use them. I tried them and ya, I could do more weight, but if I can not drop the weight if I feel like I am going to hurt myself, then what is the point?

Straps help with the weight and back workout, but they take away from the forearms and you don't want to look all funny with no forearms and huge back and arms. My personal opinion is if you can't hold the weight you shouldn't be doin the weight. But if you are going to use them, you better melt those forearms like butter.

daninarmy
04-30-08, 9:55 pm
I looked but did not find if there is please direct me to it. So here is my question....

What type of belt is better to lift heavy weights Leather or velcro?????

InkdMuscle
04-30-08, 10:46 pm
I looked but did not find if there is please direct me to it. So here is my question....

What type of belt is better to lift heavy weights Leather or velcro?????

Its all in your preferance. Some people like the velcro because its a lil easier to sinch tighter but after time it may loosen up durring the WO or exercise and you have to re sinch it. IMO leather is the better way togo. You may have to throw some elbow grease in it to really get it to tighten especially if its new. but once its on and tight to your liking then you are all good for the work out or exercise you are doing. Hope that helps.

zanderfever
04-30-08, 10:59 pm
Definately leather. Its sturdier, more effective, and wont loosen up. Also, it looks much more badass, haha. But seriously, I feel leather wont suddenly snap or anything like I feel a velcro would do.

hallde
04-30-08, 11:09 pm
If your looking to lift heavy weights you will want to go with a leather belt, they will give you way more support. If tightening up the belt is a problem there are belts that can be ratcheted up to as tight as you need them but you will have to spend a little more money. Also a leather belt will last longet than a velcro belt.

Cstlfx
04-30-08, 11:12 pm
I have velcro right now, I'm not lifting heavy enough for the leather yet in my opinion. Plus, I didnt have the money to splurge on the leather. Once I get my maxes up, and money, I'm going for the leather.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-30-08, 11:15 pm
Definately leather. Its sturdier, more effective, and wont loosen up. Also, it looks much more badass, haha. But seriously, I feel leather wont suddenly snap or anything like I feel a velcro would do.

yeah ive had a velcro belt come undone.. ATG with 300 in highscool wthout a belt is not a good place to be..

bigdog8
04-30-08, 11:22 pm
Does anyone know a good brand of wrist straps? I was doing some stiff-legged deadlifts today and my left hand gave out before I could even finish... Thanks in advance.