PDA

View Full Version : "My War" Phil's Journey

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Phil800101
03-11-08, 12:30 am
I chose to title this Journey after the song by Black Flag. I think the lyrics apply to me, at least somewhat, in that there are alot of people out there who are naysayers. Trying to get these people to accept, or at least to understand what I do and why I do it is like trying to have a conversation with a brick wall. Thankfully, most of the people in my life, friends or family, are not like this, and for that I am thankful. Still, the naysayers are out there, and I do encounter them from time to time. Besides, everybody needs an anthem, so I guess that this one will be mine:

"My war.
You're one of them, you say that you're my friend, but you're one of them.
You don't want to see me live, you don't want me to give, 'cause you're one of them.
My war.
I might not know what a friend is, all I know is what you're not cause you're one of them.
My war.
I have a prediction, it lives in my brain, it's with me every day, it drives me insane.
I feel it in my heart, that if I had a gun, I feel it in my heart, I'd wanna kill some.
I feel it in my heart, the end will come.
Come on!
My war.
Tell me that I'm wrong, try to sing me your ego song, you're one of them.
My war.
My War."

Here's the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52scMVXF2mc

Elite
03-11-08, 12:42 am
Get your head down and drive full throttle towards your aspirations. Your a very enthusiastic cat, i expect big things.

Phil800101
03-11-08, 12:48 am
Ok, so basically, I am trying to maintain strength and some lean mass while cutting excess body fat and increasing my cardiovascular strength and endurance. I am planning on going into law enforcement, so I need to be able to run.

My basic split looks like this:

Monday-Chest/Calves/Abs/Cardio
Tuesday- Arms/Cardio
Wednesday-Legs/Abs
Thursday-Shoulders/Cardio
Friday-Back/Calves/Abs/Cardio
Saturday-Off
Sunday-Off

I work the part-time nightshift at UPS (roughly 4am-8am, M-F), loading package cars. It is a very physically demanding job, so I use my weekends strictly to rest and recover, unless there is an ABC meet or something. This split has been working for me, and I've seen progress, so for now I am happy with it.

My supplement routine looks like this:

Animal Pak
Animal Flex
Animal Pump
Animal Nitro
Torrent
Animal Cuts (cycled)
Uni-Liver (12/day; 4/meal 3x a day)
Fish Oil (6/day; 2/meal 3x a day)
Fiber (6/day)

For my diet, I don't follow a strict diet per se, but more or less wing it while keeping within certain guidelines. I keep my calories right around 2,000 per day, high protein (at least 200g/day), low fat (less than 60g), low carb (as long as I get in more protein than carbs I am happy). The carbs I do take in are more or less complex carbs...I avoid the sugar carbs as much as possible. On the weekends, I'm a little looser, allowing cheat meals here and there. Every day I make sure and take in at least 1 gallon of water. So far this has been working for me, as I've definitely been losing body fat, so again I am happy.

Phil800101
03-11-08, 12:53 am
Monday 3/10/08:

Chest/Calves/Abs

DB Bench Press (Pyramid Set)
DB Flyes
Calf Extensions
Cable Crosovers (Triple Drop-Set)
Crunches

Simple, short, and sweet. My chest is feeling it right now. I've been feeling a bit under the weather, congested in my nose/chest, so I didn't do cardio tonight. I'll definitely make up for it though when I'm feeling better.

hjayss
03-11-08, 2:57 am
alright phi I am in..looks like a good one coming..

JMC
03-11-08, 8:19 am
Lookin good Phil! You're 23 bustin' out some old school shit like Black Flag! That's what I like to see...

Phil800101
03-12-08, 12:19 am
Get your head down and drive full throttle towards your aspirations. Your a very enthusiastic cat, i expect big things.

Thanks! I promise I will deliver...

alright phi I am in..looks like a good one coming..

Thanks! You know it my man.

Lookin good Phil! You're 23 bustin' out some old school shit like Black Flag! That's what I like to see...

Thanks! Hell yeah, I've been a Black Flag fan since high school. Before my ipod took a shit on itself, I used to listen to "Who's Got the 10&1/2" live album when I did deads.

Pizzalamp
03-12-08, 12:27 am
im subbed

Phil800101
03-12-08, 12:27 am
Tuesday 3/11/08:

Arms

BB Curls
Hammer Curls
DB Preacher Curls
Concentration Curls (Dropset...25,20,15,10,5)
One-Arm Cable Pushdowns
Cable Rope Pullovers
Close-Arm Bench Press
Regular/Reverse BB Wrist Curls (Superset)

I was tired as hell tonight, but I figured "fuck it, I'll sleep when I'm dead." By the time I walked in the door I was wide awake and ready for battle. I had the gym more or less to myself, which is always cool. I felt alot better tonight, but I'm still not feeling all that great, so I passed on the cardio. I'm usually against training while sick, but one week out of the gym was enough for me with this chest/head cold shit. Still, I figure I shouldn't push my luck with the cardio.

Phil800101
03-12-08, 12:29 am
im subbed

Thanks for the support my friend.

hjayss
03-12-08, 12:30 am
Tuesday 3/11/08:

Arms

BB Curls
Hammer Curls
DB Preacher Curls
Concentration Curls (Dropset...25,20,15,10,5)
One-Arm Cable Pushdowns
Cable Rope Pullovers
Close-Arm Bench Press
Regular/Reverse BB Wrist Curls (Superset)

I was tired as hell tonight, but I figured "fuck it, I'll sleep when I'm dead." By the time I walked in the door I was wide awake and ready for battle. I had the gym more or less to myself, which is always cool. I felt alot better tonight, but I'm still not feeling all that great, so I passed on the cardio. I'm usually against training while sick, but one week out of the gym was enough for me with this chest/head cold shit. Still, I figure I shouldn't push my luck with the cardio.
what rep ranges are we looking at big money...and get some sleep this life is 40% sleep you know that..looked like a good session though the right moves ...I saw that young jeezy line there too...lol..

Phil800101
03-12-08, 2:16 am
what rep ranges are we looking at big money...and get some sleep this life is 40% sleep you know that..looked like a good session though the right moves ...I saw that young jeezy line there too...lol..

Thanks, it was a pretty good session. I had been kinda lazy with my arms lately, but I definitely wasn't tonight.

Yeah, I'm about to catch a few hours here before I go into work. I had some stuff I had to do during the day today, which cut into my normal sleep time a little bit. I didn't even think about the Young Jeezy reference, lol.

Tonight it was roughly:

BB Curls- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (40, 60, 80)
Hammer Curls- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (20, 30, 40)
DB Preacher Curls- 3 sets, 8 reps per 20, 30...tried to do 40, got about 5 reps.
Concentration curls I repped until failure at each weight, didn't really count.
Pushdowns- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (40, 60, 80)
Pullovers- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (110, 130, 150)
Close Arm- 3 sets, 8 reps per 135, 145...5-6 for 155
Wrist Curls Superset- 3 sets, 8 reps each way (50 lb. BB)

jac71
03-12-08, 3:07 am
Subbed in Phil!! Looking forward to following your journey bro!!!

jer
03-12-08, 9:53 am
Good luck on your journey brother.

Train smart, train hard.

Toni69
03-12-08, 10:01 am
Hey you! Im checking in on ya...gonna keep tabs on ya and all. Let's keep it goin my friend..Im here if you need anything at all!

Peace

krazyassmexican
03-12-08, 2:31 pm
glad you started a journey phil, i got your back dogg!

ghost
03-12-08, 2:33 pm
Great lookin sessions here Phil!! keep hitting it hard brother.!

Phil800101
03-12-08, 6:47 pm
Subbed in Phil!! Looking forward to following your journey bro!!!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes me.

Good luck on your journey brother.

Train smart, train hard.

Thanks for the support!

Hey you! Im checking in on ya...gonna keep tabs on ya and all. Let's keep it goin my friend..Im here if you need anything at all!

Peace

Thanks for the support Toni! I promise I won't dissapoint.

glad you started a journey phil, i got your back dogg!

Thanks man, I'm glad I started one too. Chi-town holding it down.

Great lookin sessions here Phil!! keep hitting it hard brother.!

Thanks! You know I will.

Pizzalamp
03-12-08, 10:49 pm
Thanks, it was a pretty good session. I had been kinda lazy with my arms lately, but I definitely wasn't tonight.

Yeah, I'm about to catch a few hours here before I go into work. I had some stuff I had to do during the day today, which cut into my normal sleep time a little bit. I didn't even think about the Young Jeezy reference, lol.

Tonight it was roughly:

BB Curls- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (40, 60, 80)
Hammer Curls- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (20, 30, 40)
DB Preacher Curls- 3 sets, 8 reps per 20, 30...tried to do 40, got about 5 reps.
Concentration curls I repped until failure at each weight, didn't really count.
Pushdowns- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (40, 60, 80)
Pullovers- 3 sets, 8 reps per set (110, 130, 150)
Close Arm- 3 sets, 8 reps per 135, 145...5-6 for 155
Wrist Curls Superset- 3 sets, 8 reps each way (50 lb. BB)

im a big fan of db preachers

great workout!

Phil800101
03-12-08, 11:57 pm
im a big fan of db preachers

great workout!

Yup...I love the fact that I can push myself really hard on them, get a really good extension and contraction.

Phil800101
03-13-08, 12:06 am
Wednesday 3/12/08

Legs/Abs

Leg Curls
80 x 8
100 x 8
120 x 8

Leg Extensions
80 x 8
110 x 8
140 x 8

Squat
Bar x 8
135 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 2...plus a 1/4 rep. Wasn't happy with this, so...
275 x 4...plus 1 forced rep
135 x 12 (No lockout at top, kept pumping away)

Smith Calf Raises
135 x 20
225 x 20
315 x 20
135 x 12 (Slow reps, holding at top for a few seconds)

Leg Press Drop Set, Repping until failure, 1 minute rest between sets.
6 plates/side x 10
5 plates/side x 10
4 plates/side x 12

Stiff Leg Deadlift
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 8

Crunches
4 sets of 25 reps, worked in betwen sets of SLDLs

My legs are totally blasted. I've been hitting hams before quads for awhile now, but I usually would hit my SLDLs after my leg curls. House suggested doing SLDLs at the end of the workout, to stretch the hams back out (after contracting them with the curls). Well, it worked great, so I am thankful to him for the tip. A note on the abs: I tend to do one type of ab exercise each week, hitting it three times a week. I usually switch up what I do week to week. So far, it's worked good for me so I'll be sticking to it for now.

Toni69
03-13-08, 3:31 am
That's the kinda leg day Im used to...the volume, dropsets...NICE! I like the 135 squat pumps there too. Plus legs and abs go hand in hand since abs are a stabilizing muscle during leg training. You dont have probs with low back? I do so squatting becomes an issue for me. Strong abs make a strong low back, but in my case...this doesnt necessarily apply for me. My low back is messed up too badly.

Great work!

krazyassmexican
03-13-08, 9:09 am
insane ass leg day bro, keep it up

jac71
03-13-08, 9:42 am
Very solid wheel day Phil...liked the way you went back to get that 275 for 4 and the 135 pump....supersets and drops....with lots of volume....I really like the session keep it up!!

Phil800101
03-13-08, 11:22 am
That's the kinda leg day Im used to...the volume, dropsets...NICE! I like the 135 squat pumps there too. Plus legs and abs go hand in hand since abs are a stabilizing muscle during leg training. You dont have probs with low back? I do so squatting becomes an issue for me. Strong abs make a strong low back, but in my case...this doesnt necessarily apply for me. My low back is messed up too badly.

Great work!

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the back problems. I've sprained/strained my lower back a few times, nothing really serious though, just muscle strain. It is an area that I can irritate if I'm not careful, and sometimes I have to take it easy on my back for a week or two to avoid injury, but I don't have any chronic problems with it. But yeah, I used to not train abs at all...until I strained my back almost two years ago. Ever since then I've done regular ab work, and my back/legs have been stronger for it.

insane ass leg day bro, keep it up

Thanks man...my legs are fried! Work last night was hell.

Very solid wheel day Phil...liked the way you went back to get that 275 for 4 and the 135 pump....supersets and drops....with lots of volume....I really like the session keep it up!!

Thanks Angel! The 275 was mainly an issue of confidence...I usually like to have my spotter hang back, but after the first attempt fizzled I had him shadow me and keep his hands near my ribs, which mentally allowed me to push harder. Plus, I wanted to get a forced rep or two in. In general I've been adding more dropsets and/or supersets to my training sessions. So far I am liking the results.

Phil800101
03-13-08, 11:22 pm
Thursday 3/13/08

Shoulders

BB Shoulder Presses
115 x 8
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 2...plus 2 forced reps
135 x 7...plus 1 forced rep

DB Lateral Raises
15s x 8
20s x 8
25s x 8
30s x 8
15s x 8

BB Front Raises
30 x 8
40 x 8
50 x 8
60 x 6
30 x 8

Rear Lateral Raises
15 x 8
20 x 8
25 x 8
30 x 8

Shrugs (Chest Press)
2 plates/side x 20
3 plates/side x 20
4 plates/side x 16
5 plates/side x 12

I'm really trying to bring up my shoulder day...for a long time I had been more or less half-assing it with shoulders. I hit em' hard in Columbus at the Arnold ABC, and I hit em' hard today, so I'm glad to have brought back my "A" game to shoulders.

I'm feeling alot better, but my chest is still a little congested and I still have a slight cough, so I laid off the cardio...again. I'll probably do the same tomorrow. I'll be starting a cycle of Cuts on Saturday, so most likely I'll just wait until next week to hit the cardio again, start fresh and what not. I figure another day or two and this cold will be all gone. I will definitely be hitting the cardio with a vengeance though, that I can promise you.

jac71
03-13-08, 11:31 pm
Damn dude that is one kick ass shoulder session. I really like what you did bro.

Phil800101
03-13-08, 11:53 pm
Damn dude that is one kick ass shoulder session. I really like what you did bro.

Thanks Angel! Yeah, I hit it pretty damn hard, my shoulders are definitely feeling it for sure.

Toni69
03-14-08, 4:05 am
Great shoulder day..I hit shoulders and tri's today. My legs finally feel less sore today too...LOL Im so happy to be in the gym and feeling good about lifting. The show prep was draining me to the point where I wasnt enjoying my wo's...I thought I lost that loving feeling for a while...LOL...NOT!!!!

As for cuts..ever use it before? I use it every show prep starting 6 weeks out usually. 8 wks out for me is too early. You MUST drink loads of water with this stuff cause it dries you out. Its both a thermogenic (fat burner) and acts as a mild dieuretic..water is super important with this stuff.

Im looking foward to see your progress over the weeks to come...you and I have our work ahead of us huh? ;)

Phil800101
03-14-08, 10:45 am
Great shoulder day..I hit shoulders and tri's today. My legs finally feel less sore today too...LOL Im so happy to be in the gym and feeling good about lifting. The show prep was draining me to the point where I wasnt enjoying my wo's...I thought I lost that loving feeling for a while...LOL...NOT!!!!

As for cuts..ever use it before? I use it every show prep starting 6 weeks out usually. 8 wks out for me is too early. You MUST drink loads of water with this stuff cause it dries you out. Its both a thermogenic (fat burner) and acts as a mild dieuretic..water is super important with this stuff.

Im looking foward to see your progress over the weeks to come...you and I have our work ahead of us huh? ;)

Thanks Toni!

Me too, the whole Cage experience lit a fire under my ass that I was needing.

I've used cuts many a time before, I always make sure to take in at least a gallon of water a day, usually more, when I'm on the stuff. Thanks for the concern though.

I'm looking forward to see what I can do as well...I'm really excited for what's to come. Yeah, I think we both have our work cut out for us. I'm looking forward to see what your progress will be like in the coming weeks as well...I think you're going to see great things from the powerbuilding.

jer
03-14-08, 11:07 am
Me too, the whole Cage experience lit a fire under my ass that I was needing.

I know I don't know you well, we met briefly in Columbus, but I could just sense the fire in your posts. We all need a little jump start sometimes and I'm glad you found yours brother. It helps light a fire under my ass, seeing you killing it in your workouts.

Some solid sessions bro, keep it up.

Much respect,
Jerami

Phil800101
03-14-08, 7:10 pm
I know I don't know you well, we met briefly in Columbus, but I could just sense the fire in your posts. We all need a little jump start sometimes and I'm glad you found yours brother. It helps light a fire under my ass, seeing you killing it in your workouts.

Some solid sessions bro, keep it up.

Much respect,
Jerami

Thanks jer! Your words and support mean alot. I'm honored that you get motivated by reading this. I get motivated by seeing your workouts as well. That's what it's all about here, the support and motivation we give each other. I'm going to keep all this in mind when I hit back tonight...just wait and see.

Pizzalamp
03-14-08, 11:38 pm
awesome shoulder day bro
great presses

Elite
03-14-08, 11:46 pm
No mercy on the delts, nice one!
Take care of that immune system, especially when your on your cut. Keep the fluids high and also take an added 2 g of vit-c, apart from the PAK. I take 1g in the morning. PAK at late morning/Lunch, then 1g with my post w/o meal.

Keep up the good work.

Phil800101
03-15-08, 12:10 am
awesome shoulder day bro
great presses

Thanks man!

No mercy on the delts, nice one!
Take care of that immune system, especially when your on your cut. Keep the fluids high and also take an added 2 g of vit-c, apart from the PAK. I take 1g in the morning. PAK at late morning/Lunch, then 1g with my post w/o meal.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm feeling alot better today. Sickness is pretty much gone. I should have taken some extra vitamin C though, thanks for the tip. I'd say that I'll do it next time I get sick, but I don't plan on being sick again, lol.

Elite
03-15-08, 12:17 am
I heeded advice from one of G's posts a while back and it makes sense to take the 1g post w/o, preferably with your meal. Not only will it help the battering your immune/nervous system takes during training, but it also aids in the absorbtion of amino acids. So take Pak as you normally do, then follow up with a 1g vit-c insurance policy post w/o.

Phil800101
03-15-08, 12:24 am
Friday 3/14/08

Back/Calves/Abs

Deadlifts
135 x 8
225 x 8
315 x 8
225 x 10
135 x 16

BB Bent-Over Rows
60 x 8
80 x 8
100 x 8
120 x 6
100 x 9
80 x 10
60 x 9

Standing Calf Raises (Slow reps)
110 x 12
132 x 12
154 x 12
176 x 12
199 x 10

Cable Lat Pulldowns (Dropset)
120 x 10
100 x 12
80 x 16
60 x 20
40 x 32 (Very slow, deliberate reps)

Seated Cable Rows
80 x 12
100 x 8
120 x 8
100 x 10
80 x 12

Assisted Pull-Up Machine/Crunches (More weight = More assistance)
25 Crunches
160 x 8
25 Crunches
170 x 6
25 Crunches
180 x 8
25 Crunches

On the way to the gym, I heard "Start Me Up" and then "Jumping Jack Flash" by the Rolling Stones on the radio, which helped to psych me up for this workout.

This was the hardest I have hit back in awhile, and it felt great. I had a pounding headache for the first half of my workout, which was making it hard to concentrate. Regardless, I just pushed through it and ignored the throbbing pain.

One thing that happened that was cool as hell was as soon as I finished my calf raises and started walking towards the cables, "Buck in Here" by DJ Felli Fel came on over the gym speakers. If you don't know this song, it hs a killer hook that at least for me gets me pumped up and ready to flat-out fucking kill it. Needless to say, having that playing got me psyched up as all hell for my pulldown dropset. If you don't know the song, check this link out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJv2RBwCDI4

Now I'm looking forward to enjoying a restful weekend. I get to hit the supplement store tomorrow!

Phil800101
03-15-08, 12:25 am
I heeded advice from one of G's posts a while back and it makes sense to take the 1g post w/o, preferably with your meal. Not only will it help the battering your immune/nervous system takes during training, but it also aids in the absorbtion of amino acids. So take Pak as you normally do, then follow up with a 1g vit-c insurance policy post w/o.

I think I'm going to start doing that. Thanks for the heads up!

hjayss
03-15-08, 12:41 am
strong back sssion bro...

Phil800101
03-15-08, 2:03 am
strong back sssion bro...

Thank you sir! I do what I can...

mjsef88
03-15-08, 9:37 am
Hey man just stopping to say

"subscribed"

keep up the good work

Phil800101
03-15-08, 11:47 am
Hey man just stopping to say

"subscribed"

keep up the good work

Thanks for the support!

jac71
03-15-08, 11:49 am
Damn Phil that was a kick ass back session

Phil800101
03-15-08, 12:40 pm
Damn Phil that was a kick ass back session

Thanks Angel! I felt like I was gonna puke when it was all over...I am feeling it today.

Phil800101
03-15-08, 9:55 pm
Saturday 3/15/08

Rest
Seated ass presses. Bodyweight x All day.

Went to the supplement store, stocked up on Nitro, Pump, and Cuts. Started my cycle of cuts. Watched some movies. Enjoying the rest, but now I'm bored...

Pizzalamp
03-15-08, 10:11 pm
Saturday 3/15/08

Rest
Seated ass presses. Bodyweight x All day.

Went to the supplement store, stocked up on Nitro, Pump, and Cuts. Started my cycle of cuts. Watched some movies. Enjoying the rest, but now I'm bored...

LOL I likethe workout today

Phil800101
03-16-08, 12:46 am
LOL I likethe workout today

Lol, thanks, I liked it too.

jac71
03-16-08, 12:52 am
Solid on those seated ass presses Phil!! lol!!
Enjoy the rest man!!

Phil800101
03-16-08, 3:24 am
Solid on those seated ass presses Phil!! lol!!
Enjoy the rest man!!

Lol, thanks! Yeah, I'm enjoying some rest and recovery.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-16-08, 8:13 am
loved the shoulder session. looked very similar to my routine. love how thorough you are, very dedicated.

sly06
03-16-08, 9:28 am
Phil,
Keep up the good work bro. You really hit shoulders hard the other day.

Phil800101
03-16-08, 12:48 pm
loved the shoulder session. looked very similar to my routine. love how thorough you are, very dedicated.

Thanks for the support! I was half-assing shoulders for awhile, so I decided to change that. My thoroughness and dedication are two things I pride myself on, thanks for the compliments!

Phil,
Keep up the good work bro. You really hit shoulders hard the other day.

Thanks for the support! I hadn't hit shoulders that hard in a long time, but that is going to change from now on...

LittleMan55
03-16-08, 1:27 pm
Workouts are looking good man! Keep killing it. I'm in!

Lowdown5
03-16-08, 1:29 pm
How have I missed this? Damn Bro, I am here and subbed.

Phil800101
03-16-08, 3:08 pm
Workouts are looking good man! Keep killing it. I'm in!

Thanks for the support! Believe me, I will...

How have I missed this? Damn Bro, I am here and subbed.

I dunno, lol. Thanks for the support!

Phil800101
03-16-08, 3:15 pm
Sunday

3/16/08

Rest
Bodyweight Lying Couch Extensions x All Day (Superset)

Just like the old Queen song, I'm lazing on a Sunday afternoon. It's nice as hell outside, so I can finally have my window open. I'm just going to rest and recover. The cold is gone, so I will definitely be back to cardio tomorrow.

Also, I started a March Madness brackets group online for the Animal Forvm. If you want in, just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send you an invite.

Pizzalamp
03-16-08, 6:07 pm
Sunday

3/16/08

Rest

Just like the old Queen song, I'm lazing on a Sunday afternoon. It's nice as hell outside, so I can finally have my window open. I'm just going to rest and recover. The cold is gone, so I will definitely be back to cardio tomorrow.

Also, I started a March Madness brackets group online for the Animal Forvm. If you want in, just PM me your e-mail addy and I'll send you an invite.

haha another good rest day

im loving the queen song and your floyd quote in your sig

both are 2 of my fav groups ever

Phil800101
03-16-08, 7:18 pm
haha another good rest day

im loving the queen song and your floyd quote in your sig

both are 2 of my fav groups ever

Yup, nothing like some good rest.

I'm glad you appreciate the quotes, that's really cool. Alot of people our age wouldn't. I love Queen, and Pink Floyd is easily one of my favorite bands, definitely in the top 3.

sly06
03-16-08, 11:58 pm
[QUOTE=Phil800101;324640]Sunday

3/16/08

Rest

All I can say is this cracked me up big time.....

Phil800101
03-17-08, 12:55 am
[QUOTE=Phil800101;324640]Sunday

3/16/08

Rest

All I can say is this cracked me up big time.....

Thanks sly! I'm glad you enjoyed it, lol!

sly06
03-17-08, 2:31 am
You def. got one hell of a since of humor Phil. How was your weekend besides laying down doing crunches xxxx amount of times?

Phil800101
03-17-08, 10:46 am
You def. got one hell of a since of humor Phil. How was your weekend besides laying down doing crunches xxxx amount of times?

Thanks for the compliment!

It was pretty good, I went to the supp. store on Saturday to stock up, and then watched some movies (No Country For Old Men; Shoot Em' Up; Dr. Strangelove...I've seen it before, but I hadn't watched it in awhile). Yesterday I slept in, watched tv, and then made my bracket picks after the selection show. All in all, a nice lazy weekend.

How was yours?

sly06
03-17-08, 11:13 am
Oh my weekend was alright. I spend my time in the office to get stuff done and make time go by faster. I saw the movie clover field and it sucked. I wouldn't recommend to watch that movie. It is horrible in my opinion. I am not a big fan of the video camera being the point of view the whole time. Enough on me ranting. You going to the gym today?

B Con
03-17-08, 12:33 pm
After meeting you over the Arnold and reading this you know I am subbed.

Enforcer
03-17-08, 12:54 pm
Wednesday 3/12/08

Legs/Abs

Leg Curls
80 x 8
100 x 8
120 x 8

Leg Extensions
80 x 8
110 x 8
140 x 8

Squat
Bar x 8
135 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 2...plus a 1/4 rep. Wasn't happy with this, so...
275 x 4...plus 1 forced rep
135 x 12 (No lockout at top, kept pumping away)

Smith Calf Raises
135 x 20
225 x 20
315 x 20
135 x 12 (Slow reps, holding at top for a few seconds)

Leg Press Drop Set, Repping until failure, 1 minute rest between sets.
6 plates/side x 10
5 plates/side x 10
4 plates/side x 12

Stiff Leg Deadlift
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 8

Crunches
4 sets of 25 reps, worked in betwen sets of SLDLs

My legs are totally blasted. I've been hitting hams before quads for awhile now, but I usually would hit my SLDLs after my leg curls. House suggested doing SLDLs at the end of the workout, to stretch the hams back out (after contracting them with the curls). Well, it worked great, so I am thankful to him for the tip. A note on the abs: I tend to do one type of ab exercise each week, hitting it three times a week. I usually switch up what I do week to week. So far, it's worked good for me so I'll be sticking to it for now.

Sick leg workout bro. Keep hitting em hard. Not many out there train legs hard and you are one of the few. Stand proud (well at least try to stand after a workout like that-lol). Good luck and I'll be tuning in.

Phil800101
03-17-08, 5:21 pm
Oh my weekend was alright. I spend my time in the office to get stuff done and make time go by faster. I saw the movie clover field and it sucked. I wouldn't recommend to watch that movie. It is horrible in my opinion. I am not a big fan of the video camera being the point of view the whole time. Enough on me ranting. You going to the gym today?

Yeah, I had no desire to see that. Some people I know liked it, but it just didn't appeal to me. I'm hitting Chest/Calves/Abs...and cardio(ugh) tonight.

After meeting you over the Arnold and reading this you know I am subbed.

Thanks for the support bro...welcome aboard!

Sick leg workout bro. Keep hitting em hard. Not many out there train legs hard and you are one of the few. Stand proud (well at least try to stand after a workout like that-lol). Good luck and I'll be tuning in.

Glad to have you here man, I plan on killing it for as long as I can. Thanks for the support!

Pizzalamp
03-17-08, 5:39 pm
have a good chest day bro

Phil800101
03-17-08, 5:47 pm
have a good chest day bro

Thanks! I think it's going to be a good one tonight.

Phil800101
03-17-08, 11:44 pm
Monday 3/17/08

Chest/Calves/Abs

Flat BB Bench
Warmups w/bar
135 x 12
185 x 8
225 x 3, plus 2 forced reps
135 x 14

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
30 x 12
40 x 10
50 x 7
60 x 6

Seated Calf Extensions
77 x 12 (3 sets)
44 x 24

Incline Dumbbell Press/Fly (Superset)
40 x 8; 30 x 8
50 x 8; 40 x 8
60 x 8; 50 x 5

Seated Ab Crunch Machine Thingy
No extra weights x 30 (4 sets)

Chest Press Machine (Dropset)
100 x 10
75 x 8
50 x 12

Cardio
30 minutes on the treadmill

There ya go.

Pizzalamp
03-17-08, 11:59 pm
great work Phil
u opened up w/a strong bench
whole wrokout looked intense!

krazyassmexican
03-18-08, 10:56 am
Monday 3/17/08

Chest/Calves/Abs

Flat BB Bench
Warmups w/bar
135 x 12
185 x 8
225 x 3, plus 2 forced reps
135 x 14

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
30 x 12
40 x 10
50 x 7
60 x 6

Seated Calf Extensions
77 x 12 (3 sets)
44 x 24

Incline Dumbbell Press/Fly (Superset)
40 x 8; 30 x 8
50 x 8; 40 x 8
60 x 8; 50 x 5

No extra weights x 30 (4 sets)

Chest Press Machine (Dropset)
100 x 10
75 x 8
50 x 12

Cardio

There ya go.

great workout bro, i see you love cardio LOL

jac71
03-18-08, 10:58 am
Great workout Phil....looks pretty intense!!

Phil800101
03-18-08, 11:04 am
great work Phil
u opened up w/a strong bench
whole wrokout looked intense!

Thanks man! It was pretty intense, I've definitely been stepping up my game lately.

Phil800101
03-18-08, 11:07 am
great workout bro, i see you love cardio LOL

Thanks bro! Yeah, I sure do....although, I just discovered the remotes for the TVs in the cardio area, so being able to watch what I want helps to pass the time.

Great workout Phil....looks pretty intense!!

Thanks Angel! Yup, it was intense for sure. There was an Iron Asylum shirt I saw at the Arnold that said "Intensity Breeds Immensity." I like the way that sounds...

LittleMan55
03-18-08, 11:09 am
Thanks man! It was pretty intense, I've definitely been stepping up my game lately.

Hell yeah! It's always good to hear a fellow Animal say they are stepping their game UP! This can only mean that there is some seriously intense stuff about to go down.

krazyassmexican
03-18-08, 11:11 am
Thanks bro! Yeah, I sure do....although, I just discovered the remotes for the TVs in the cardio area, so being able to watch what I want helps to pass the time.

shit, that is a blessing

Phil800101
03-18-08, 11:17 am
Hell yeah! It's always good to hear a fellow Animal say they are stepping their game UP! This can only mean that there is some seriously intense stuff about to go down.

Thanks bro! Hell yeah, some seriously intense shit is about to go down for sure, at least in my neck of the woods. Same bat time, same bat channel.

shit, that is a blessing

Indeed it is.

Phil800101
03-19-08, 1:19 am
Tuesday 3/18/08

Arms

Standing Cable Curls
110 x 12
130 x 10
150 x 8
110 x 16

Concentration Curls
20 x 12
25 x 10
30 x 8
15 x 14

BB Preacher Curls (Dropset)
70 x 3
60 x 3
50 x 6
40 x 8
30 x 12

Two-Handed Cable Pushdowns
130 x 12
150 x 10
170 x 8
130 x 11

Skullcrushers
50 x 12
60 x 10
70 x 7
50 x 10

Assisted Dip Machine (More weight = more assistance)
120 x 8 (4 sets)

Reverse BB Curls/Behind-the-Back BB Curls (Superset)
50 x 8, 50 x 8 (4 Sets)

Cardio
30 minutes on the treadmill.

I watched "Striking Distance" on AMC while doing cardio. That movie is stupid enough when you can hear it, it's even worse on closed captions. And yet, I watched it with interest...

I need to get an FM tuner, so I can at least hear the TVs. Or better yet, a new MP3 player that works for more than 30 seconds.

Cardio is boring...and it sucks...but, I gotta do it, so there it is.

sly06
03-19-08, 1:24 am
LOL well atleast you were able to watch something on TV. Great work bro and keep those arms moving.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-19-08, 4:34 am
cardio is beyond boring. i spend the whole time counting in my head. its the only way i can pass time without thinking about how boring it is!

good work outs though my friend. good range of exercises and good progressions.

mjsef88
03-19-08, 7:08 am
now that's a solid arm day. Yeah man, cardio sucks, thats why i picked up a 2nd hand treadmill and threw it in my basement. There are actually alot of nice ones that people are just getting rid of...I think I paid 150 for mine, and the sticker on the box (yes, the lazy bastard never took it out of the box), had something like 650. Anyways, I set up a small tv and dvd player to watch when I do my cardio. Keep your eye out, people are always throwing/giving away all sorts of cool shit.

Phil800101
03-19-08, 11:24 am
LOL well atleast you were able to watch something on TV. Great work bro and keep those arms moving.

Thanks Sly! I can't wait until it gets nicer out, and I can do cardio outside.

cardio is beyond boring. i spend the whole time counting in my head. its the only way i can pass time without thinking about how boring it is!

good work outs though my friend. good range of exercises and good progressions.

Thanks bro! Yup, something that we gotta do though.

now that's a solid arm day. Yeah man, cardio sucks, thats why i picked up a 2nd hand treadmill and threw it in my basement. There are actually alot of nice ones that people are just getting rid of...I think I paid 150 for mine, and the sticker on the box (yes, the lazy bastard never took it out of the box), had something like 650. Anyways, I set up a small tv and dvd player to watch when I do my cardio. Keep your eye out, people are always throwing/giving away all sorts of cool shit.

Thanks man! That's really cool about the treadmill. I'd do the same, but I figure I'm already paying my gym dues, so I'd rather save the money and use their stuff. Besides, if it breaks then they have to fix it, lol.

ghost
03-19-08, 11:27 am
awesome job on arms phil!!!!

Phil800101
03-19-08, 11:28 am
awesome job on arms phil!!!!

Thanks Rob!

ghost
03-19-08, 11:30 am
anytime brother!!

firsthorseman97
03-19-08, 11:46 am
Not a fan of "Striking Distance"!!!! That's blasphemy!!!! LOL!

Nice arm workout. Good luck on your bracket but I think I have the winner......

Toni69
03-19-08, 12:19 pm
that was a great arm day Phil...and I hear ya on the cardio. Im used to it though..the long drawn out sessions. Im even sick of listening to music while I do cardio cause I have played my Ipod out during show prep..LOL

Thanks for your post in my journey too...meant a lot to me. I hope we get to meet again one day soon...

jac71
03-19-08, 12:34 pm
That was a solid arm session Phil
Gotta do what you need to, to get your cardio in

B Con
03-19-08, 3:39 pm

x2. I hate cardio with a passion...damn necessary evil. My iPod is bout my only savior for that time. I don't think I will ever come to like it. Great arm workout. Keep killing it.

Phil800101
03-19-08, 6:47 pm
Not a fan of "Striking Distance"!!!! That's blasphemy!!!! LOL!

Nice arm workout. Good luck on your bracket but I think I have the winner......

It's somewhat of a guilty pleasure, lol.

Thanks man! You too, I'm terrible with brackets, so you might be right.

that was a great arm day Phil...and I hear ya on the cardio. Im used to it though..the long drawn out sessions. Im even sick of listening to music while I do cardio cause I have played my Ipod out during show prep..LOL

Thanks for your post in my journey too...meant a lot to me. I hope we get to meet again one day soon...

Thanks Toni! Yeah, it is a necessary evil. I can't wait until it gets nicer out so I can do my cardio outside.

You're welcome Toni, anytime. I hope that we can meet again soon as well.

That was a solid arm session Phil
Gotta do what you need to, to get your cardio in

Thanks Angel! Yup, you know it. No cardio tonight though, it's LEG DAY!!!

x2. I hate cardio with a passion...damn necessary evil. My iPod is bout my only savior for that time. I don't think I will ever come to like it. Great arm workout. Keep killing it.

Thanks bro! I don't think I ever will either. I miss my ipod...

Phil800101
03-19-08, 6:48 pm
Just a heads up, if anyone wants to enter the forum NCAA bracket pool, today is the last day to do so...I think. Send me a PM with your e-mail if you want in.

Lowdown5
03-19-08, 7:40 pm
You are doing everything right Bro, you inspire me to work harder and try harder. Great job!

Phil800101
03-19-08, 8:51 pm
You are doing everything right Bro, you inspire me to work harder and try harder. Great job!

Thanks Lowdown, I really appreciate the support! You inspire me to step up my game as well.

Phil800101
03-20-08, 12:39 am
Wednesday 3/19/08

Legs/Abs

Stretching

Leg Curls
80 x 12
100 x 10
120 x 7
80 x 10

Leg Extensions
80 x 12
90 x 10
100 x 8
60 x 16

BB Squats (No spotter, so I was going for lots of reps with decent weights)
Bar x 12 (Warmup)
135 x 16
185 x 12
225 x 8
185 x 8
135 x 12 (No lockout at top)

Leg Press/Calf Raise (Superset)
4 plates per side x 12; 4 plates per side x 12
5 plates per side x 10; 5 plates per side x 12
6 plates per side x 8; 6 plates per side x 12
4 plates per side x 12; 4 plates per side x 24

Seated Calf Raises
1 plate per side x 16
1 plate per side x 16
1 plate per side x 16
1 plate per side x 12

Stiff Leg Deadlift
135 x 12
165 x 10
195 x 8
135 x 12

No extra weights x 25 (4 sets; better reps than on Monday)

And there it is.

Elite
03-20-08, 12:44 am
Holy shit, thats a monster session. How long was you in the gym? Did they offer you a room for the night?

Carpe Diem P.T
03-20-08, 1:31 am
nice work bro. another day closer to your goals! having a big easter?

sly06
03-20-08, 1:49 am
What a great session. That was a long one. Keep it up bro.

Phil800101
03-20-08, 9:43 am
Holy shit, thats a monster session. How long was you in the gym? Did they offer you a room for the night?

Thanks! Lol, I was in there for around 90 minutes total, which is actually about average for me.

nice work bro. another day closer to your goals! having a big easter?

Thanks man! I'm not sure what's going on actually. Probably going to my grandma's house.

What a great session. That was a long one. Keep it up bro.

Thanks sly! Actually, it was about average for me. A leg session, including stretching and abs, usually takes me about 75-90 minutes or so.

LittleMan55
03-20-08, 9:47 am
That leg session looked bruital bro!!

JMC
03-20-08, 9:47 am
Nice legs workout bro...lookin good!

jer
03-20-08, 10:12 am
I watched "Striking Distance" on AMC while doing cardio. That movie is stupid enough when you can hear it, it's even worse on closed captions. And yet, I watched it with interest...

I need to get an FM tuner, so I can at least hear the TVs. Or better yet, a new MP3 player that works for more than 30 seconds.

I love Striking Distance, lol. Bruce Willis as a boat cop in the Rivers of Pittsburgh, what a concept.

krazyassmexican
03-20-08, 10:14 am
brother, you work really hard bro and i admire that from you, never give up G!

jac71
03-20-08, 11:37 am
that leg session looked insane Phil...I really like the volume bro!!!

Phil800101
03-20-08, 12:11 pm
That leg session looked bruital bro!!

Thanks bro! Yeah, I was walking out of the gym bowlegged, lol.

Nice legs workout bro...lookin good!

Thanks man! I do what I can.

I love Striking Distance, lol. Bruce Willis as a boat cop in the Rivers of Pittsburgh, what a concept.

I like it in that "it's bad so it's good" way, lol.

brother, you work really hard bro and i admire that from you, never give up G!

Thanks Krazy! The feeling is mutual. I'll never give up!

that leg session looked insane Phil...I really like the volume bro!!!

Thanks Angel! I've been trying to crank things up a notch the past few weeks.

B Con
03-20-08, 8:14 pm
Man the way you keep working we will be dominating next year at the Arnold ABC meet.

Pizzalamp
03-20-08, 8:20 pm
seriously great day phil!

Lowdown5
03-20-08, 8:29 pm
Phil,

You are a shining example of what can be done when the mind, soul and heart are 100% in something. Keep on kickin ass, I can't wait to see the results next year!

Phil800101
03-20-08, 8:29 pm
Man the way you keep working we will be dominating next year at the Arnold ABC meet.

Thanks! Hell yeah, I can't wait for it.

seriously great day phil!

Thanks my man!

Phil800101
03-20-08, 11:15 pm
Thursday 3/20/08

Shoulders

BB Shoulder Press
Bar x 12
115 x 12
135 x 10
155 x 4, plus 4 assisted reps (Not fully forced, just had trouble coming out of the negative.)
115 x 12

BB Rear Delt Row (New to these, form might have been slightly imperfect.)
60 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 8
100 x 8

DB Shrugs
60 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 10
100 x 8

BB Upright Row (New to these, form might have been slightly imperfect.)
30 x 12
40 x 12
50 x 10
60 x 6
70 x 1

Shoulder Press Machine (Dropset)
100 x 12
75 x 11
50 x 11

Cardio
30 Minutes on treadmill...yay.

I've never done the rows for shoulders before, so my form might have been slightly imperfect. I'm not used to how they should feel, however, I was feeling them in the right areas, so I figure that's a good sign. I wanted to add some veriety to shoulders though, so I figured I'd give these exercises a try.

Pizzalamp
03-20-08, 11:17 pm
another great workout
im very impressed w/ ya presses

ill have to look into those rows

jac71
03-20-08, 11:20 pm
It's Thursday bro...great shoulder session Phil!!!
I really like doing the upright rows with DB's the BB feels a little uncomfortable....ever tried them with DB's?

Carpe Diem P.T
03-20-08, 11:21 pm
huge session! awesome hitting all the delts. I will suggest that on upright row, keep your elbows higher than your wrists or you will injure yourself.

Phil800101
03-20-08, 11:30 pm
another great workout
im very impressed w/ ya presses

ill have to look into those rows

Thanks bro! Yeah, I've been trying to spice things up a bit, and my shoulders are definitely feeling it.

It's Thursday bro...great shoulder session Phil!!!
I really like doing the upright rows with DB's the BB feels a little uncomfortable....ever tried them with DB's?

Thanks Angel! I edited my post, lol. Yeah, I think I might try them with DBs next time I do them, the BB was a bit uncomfortable.

huge session! awesome hitting all the delts. I will suggest that on upright row, keep your elbows higher than your wrists or you will injure yourself.

Thanks man! Yup, I try to hit the delt from all angles. Gotcha, I will make sure and keep that in mind with the rows.

sly06
03-21-08, 1:01 am
Great shoulder workout Phil. They must have been on fire when you were done. keep up the good work. You are putting up some good numbers.

hjayss
03-21-08, 1:12 am
Thursday 3/20/08

Shoulders

BB Shoulder Press
Bar x 12
115 x 12
135 x 10
155 x 4, plus 4 assisted reps (Not fully forced, just had trouble coming out of the negative.)
115 x 12

BB Rear Delt Row (New to these, form might have been slightly imperfect.)
60 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 8
100 x 8

DB Shrugs
60 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 10
100 x 8

BB Upright Row (New to these, form might have been slightly imperfect.)
30 x 12
40 x 12
50 x 10
60 x 6
70 x 1

Shoulder Press Machine (Dropset)
100 x 12
75 x 11
50 x 11

Cardio
30 Minutes on treadmill...yay.

I've never done the rows for shoulders before, so my form might have been slightly imperfect. I'm not used to how they should feel, however, I was feeling them in the right areas, so I figure that's a good sign. I wanted to add some veriety to shoulders though, so I figured I'd give these exercises a try.

Well done bro..I think our next meat should be back and shoulders that would be kick ass...or just shoulders..

Phil800101
03-21-08, 10:12 am
Great shoulder workout Phil. They must have been on fire when you were done. keep up the good work. You are putting up some good numbers.

Thanks Sly! I was definitely feeling it when I was done...

Well done bro..I think our next meat should be back and shoulders that would be kick ass...or just shoulders..

Thanks Homer! Yeah, shoulders would be cool.

Phil800101
03-21-08, 10:54 pm
Friday 3/21/08

Back/Calves/Abs

T-Bar Rows
25 x 16
50 x 12
75 x 12
100 x 8
125 x 5

Assisted Pull-Ups (More weight = more assistance)
180 x 16
170 x 12
160 x 10
150 x 7
140 x 5

BB Deadlifts
135 x 16
185 x 14
225 x 12
275 x 8
315 x 5

Smith Calf Raises (Slow reps, pause at top)
1 Plate per side x 12
1 Plate+25lb per side x 12
2 Plates per side x 12
2 Plates + 25lb per side x 8
3 Plates per side x 6

Cable Lat Pulldown/Seated Cable Row Superset
40 x 16; 40 x 16
60 x 16; 60 x 16
80 x 12; 80 x 12
100 x 10; 100 x 10
120 x 8; 120 x 8

No extra weight x 25 (4 sets)

Cardio

And there you have it sportsfans. Rest for the next two days.

Lowdown5
03-21-08, 11:00 pm
Great session Phil. Now you enjoy those days off, rest up.

Pizzalamp
03-21-08, 11:03 pm
awesome day
u earned those 2 days off

Phil800101
03-21-08, 11:06 pm
Great session Phil. Now you enjoy those days off, rest up.

Thanks John! I will, believe me.

awesome day
u earned those 2 days off

Thanks Grant! I am going to enjoy some good old rest and relaxation.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-22-08, 12:44 am
good to see you doing the pullups! they are hard work but apparently pay off ;)

Phil800101
03-22-08, 12:49 am
good to see you doing the pullups! they are hard work but apparently pay off ;)

Thanks bro! Yeah, I can't pull my bodyweight raw, so I have to use a machine. Gotta start somewhere though.

jac71
03-22-08, 1:41 am
Enjoy the weekend Phil...you deserve it bro!!

mjsef88
03-22-08, 9:16 am
Thanks bro! Yeah, I can't pull my bodyweight raw, so I have to use a machine. Gotta start somewhere though.

No problem with that. I have the same problem with my pullups. I can get like, 12-15 depending on how i feel. I use that machine for the wide grip (like a lat pulldown) or a really close grip. Keep using it and it will pay off in the future.

Stay strong bro!

Lowdown5
03-22-08, 9:27 am

Me either, and the assisted pullup machine mocks me because of it. But like you said, we have to start somewhere, my goal right now is one at bodyweight.

LittleMan55
03-22-08, 12:32 pm

I could barley get one pull up 10 weeks ago man. Now I can strap on a 45 for a set of 8. Just keep doing them and they body will be forced to adapt. Oh yeah, just wait to see how much you back grows from doing them week up on week!!!! Enjoy the weekend!

mjsef88
03-22-08, 12:45 pm

also, I should mention it took me about 3 months to get up to a solid dead hang set of 10. I used alot of Negatives, those not only gave me a hell of alot of width in my back, but i believe was the single most important thing for me to be able to do pullups unassisted.

Phil800101
03-22-08, 1:12 pm
Enjoy the weekend Phil...you deserve it bro!!

Thanks Angel! I most certainly will.

No problem with that. I have the same problem with my pullups. I can get like, 12-15 depending on how i feel. I use that machine for the wide grip (like a lat pulldown) or a really close grip. Keep using it and it will pay off in the future.

Stay strong bro!

Thanks bro! I'm glad I incorporated it into my back day for sure.

Me either, and the assisted pullup machine mocks me because of it. But like you said, we have to start somewhere, my goal right now is one at bodyweight.

Same goal here.

I could barley get one pull up 10 weeks ago man. Now I can strap on a 45 for a set of 8. Just keep doing them and they body will be forced to adapt. Oh yeah, just wait to see how much you back grows from doing them week up on week!!!! Enjoy the weekend!

Thanks my man! Yup, I will keep at it...definitely going to enjoy the rest.

also, I should mention it took me about 3 months to get up to a solid dead hang set of 10. I used alot of Negatives, those not only gave me a hell of alot of width in my back, but i believe was the single most important thing for me to be able to do pullups unassisted.

Thanks for the tip, I might have to try that.

Phil800101
03-22-08, 4:38 pm
Saturday 3/22/08

Rest

Taking it nice and easy today. Helped my folks by cleaning the bathrooms all nice and good(family from out of town is coming over tonight) and then went to the supplement store to pick up some Torrent, Flex, and Pak. They didn't have Uni-Liver (again, even though they claimed they would stock it for me) so I ordered it from DPS. I'd order everything online, but the store in town is really cheap (about $5 more per item than DPS) so I like to give them the support. The weather outside is awesome, I guess the TV was wrong about it raining/snowing and being in the 30s/40s. Now I think I'll watch a movie...

Carpe Diem P.T
03-23-08, 12:34 am
Saturday 3/22/08

Rest

Taking it nice and easy today. Helped my folks by cleaning the bathrooms all nice and good(family from out of town is coming over tonight) and then went to the supplement store to pick up some Torrent, Flex, and Pak. They didn't have Uni-Liver (again, even though they claimed they would stock it for me) so I ordered it from DPS. I'd order everything online, but the store in town is really cheap (about $5 more per item than DPS) so I like to give them the support. The weather outside is awesome, I guess the TV was wrong about it raining/snowing and being in the 30s/40s. Now I think I'll watch a movie...

sounds like a good day at home. what movie u watching phil?

Phil800101
03-23-08, 1:57 am
sounds like a good day at home. what movie u watching phil?

I ended up not watching a movie...I went with my dad to pick up some carryout, and then I passed out on the couch for a bit after eating. After that family came over. It was a good day though.

Pizzalamp
03-23-08, 4:05 pm
enjoy your rest...Happy Easter to u and your family

Phil800101
03-23-08, 5:27 pm
enjoy your rest...Happy Easter to u and your family

Thanks, you too!

Phil800101
03-23-08, 5:28 pm
Sunday 3/23/08

Rest

Went over to my grandma's house this afternoon. Visited with a bunch of the family. Ate. It was nice. Now I feel like taking a nap...

Lowdown5
03-23-08, 5:30 pm
Happy Easter Brother!

mjsef88
03-23-08, 6:55 pm
Sunday 3/23/08

Rest

Went over to my grandma's house this afternoon. Visited with a bunch of the family. Ate. It was nice. Now I feel like taking a nap...

Nice. We had brunch at our place and the family left around 1. It honestly felt like 6 or 7pm. I definately took a nap. Good to see that most of the forvm members took in some sort of rest....and then there are the few that just completely blasted a bodypart today. hah.

B Con
03-23-08, 11:42 pm
Hope the rest does you as much good as it did me. Also I saw on here bout you doing pull ups, those damn things are a bitch but they pay off. Keep with them my back has grown a lot since implementing them into the routine. Keep it up.

sly06
03-23-08, 11:56 pm
Phil,
Keep up the work on the good ol pull up. They suck and I am still trying to do them. Hope you had a great easter, and by the sounds of it looks like you did.

Phil800101
03-24-08, 12:50 am
Happy Easter Brother!

Thanks bro, you too!

Nice. We had brunch at our place and the family left around 1. It honestly felt like 6 or 7pm. I definately took a nap. Good to see that most of the forvm members took in some sort of rest....and then there are the few that just completely blasted a bodypart today. hah.

Sounds nice. Yup, different strokes for different folks I guess.

Hope the rest does you as much good as it did me. Also I saw on here bout you doing pull ups, those damn things are a bitch but they pay off. Keep with them my back has grown a lot since implementing them into the routine. Keep it up.

Thanks for the encouragement bro! Yeah, I'm working my way there...one rep at a time.

Phil,
Keep up the work on the good ol pull up. They suck and I am still trying to do them. Hope you had a great easter, and by the sounds of it looks like you did.

Thanks bro! Yeah, they do kinda suck, but they sure are good for your back. It was pretty good, hope yours was too.

B Con
03-24-08, 7:22 pm
I noticed you take a lot of Uni-Liver. What have you noticed from it? I take maybe 4 to 6 a day but no where near your amount. Just curious about it.

Roland
03-25-08, 12:13 am
Hey what's up bro? Lookin' good man...keep up the great work and remember anything is possible if you put your mind to it! Keep the focus man, peace.

Phil800101
03-25-08, 12:21 am
I noticed you take a lot of Uni-Liver. What have you noticed from it? I take maybe 4 to 6 a day but no where near your amount. Just curious about it.

I haven't noticed anything specific per se. I just use it more or less to help make sure my bases are covered with the extra b vitamins, aminois, protein, etc. I get from it. As I look at it, my body is getting a regular influx of this stuff throughout the day, since I spread it out over 3 different meals. Every 6 equals about 10 grams of protein, so I go with 12 to make it 20 grams or so. Plus it's cheap, and a tub of 500 will last me 41 days.

Phil800101
03-25-08, 12:31 am
Monday 3/24/08

Chest/Calves/Abs

Incline BB Bench
Warmups w/bar
135 x 12
165 x 10
195 x 8
165 x 10
135 x 9

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
30 x 12
40 x 10
50 x 8
40 x 10
30 x 12

Standing Calf Raises (Very slow reps with 1 second pause at top)
110 x 12 (4 sets)

Flat Dumbbell Press/Flat Dumbbell Fly (Superset)
45 x 8; 35 x 8
55 x 8; 45 x 6 (I was really feeling it when I did these flyes)
65 x 3; 55 x 2 (My chest was fried for this last round)

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

Cardio

And that's all she wrote.

On another note, I found out on Saturday that my gym is going out of business next Tuesday. However, the two Gold's gyms in town are going to honor current memberships, so I'm not getting screwed at least. The one is open basically 24 hours M-F (they close at 11pm on Friday), and it's supposed to be a really solid place, great equipment and facilities. Used to be a Powerhouse Gym. So, although I am saddened at the loss of my gym, I am excited about this place.

mjsef88
03-25-08, 7:10 am
nice workout. Sorry to hear about the gym, but at least you have a good attitude. I suggest trying out both of them. You never know which one you might like more.

krazyassmexican
03-25-08, 9:04 am
Monday 3/24/08

Chest/Calves/Abs

Incline BB Bench
Warmups w/bar
135 x 12
165 x 10
195 x 8
165 x 10
135 x 9

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
30 x 12
40 x 10
50 x 8
40 x 10
30 x 12

110 x 12 (4 sets)

45 x 8; 35 x 8

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

Cardio

On another note, I found out on Saturday that my gym is going out of business next Tuesday. However, the two Gold's gyms in town are going to honor current memberships, so I'm not getting screwed at least. The one is open basically 24 hours M-F (they close at 11pm on Friday), and it's supposed to be a really solid place, great equipment and facilities. Used to be a Powerhouse Gym. So, although I am saddened at the loss of my gym, I am excited about this place.

as long as you have iron it doesnt matter if it is a planet fitness LOL

nice workouts phil

LittleMan55
03-25-08, 9:09 am
Yet another solid workout. Bummer bout the gym, but as Krazy said alteast there is Iron somewhere else in town. Just walk in there and punish their weights, might spark even more intensity!

Phil800101
03-25-08, 9:10 am
nice workout. Sorry to hear about the gym, but at least you have a good attitude. I suggest trying out both of them. You never know which one you might like more.

Thanks bro! Yeah, it was all of a sudden. I was there Friday night, and nothing. My friend was there Saturday, and they had announcements up about it all over the gym. Kinda sad about it all, I really liked the atmosphere at my place.

I probably will try both of them, I believe that with this agreement I am granted access to both locations with one membership, at least that's what the Gold's people said on the announcement that was posted at my gym.

However, I'm pretty sure I'll like the one that used to be a Powerhouse more, as it's geared more towards lifting...fewer amenities, more free weights I believe. I guess I won't know until I check it out though...

Phil800101
03-25-08, 9:12 am
as long as you have iron it doesnt matter if it is a planet fitness LOL

nice workouts phil

Thanks bro! I'd lift at a Sports Authority or Dick's or something if I had to, lol.

Yet another solid workout. Bummer bout the gym, but as Krazy said alteast there is Iron somewhere else in town. Just walk in there and punish their weights, might spark even more intensity!

Thanks man! Yeah, it kinda sucks, but at the same time I am excited about the new place. Agreed, I think new surroundings might spark some even crazier sessions.

krazyassmexican
03-25-08, 9:13 am
Thanks bro! I'd lift at a Sports Authority or Dick's or something if I had to, lol.

would they let you use the bowflex on display? LOL

LittleMan55
03-25-08, 9:30 am

That would be some funny stuff right there. Can some one from Chi. set up and ABC at a Dick's up there, I can see those photos already! haha

Enforcer
03-25-08, 9:31 am
Monday 3/24/08

Chest/Calves/Abs

Incline BB Bench
Warmups w/bar
135 x 12
165 x 10
195 x 8
165 x 10
135 x 9

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
30 x 12
40 x 10
50 x 8
40 x 10
30 x 12

110 x 12 (4 sets)

45 x 8; 35 x 8

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

Cardio

Sorry to see your gym go bro- it muist feel like when your first dog dies- but when one door closes another one opens. So when this new gym open show everyone there what kind of Animal you are. I kno you wil represent to the fullest. Nice chest session bro. I have supersetted dumbell press and db flys before. Hardcore shit right there bro.

krazyassmexican
03-25-08, 9:39 am
That would be some funny stuff right there. Can some one from Chi. set up and ABC at a Dick's up there, I can see those photos already! haha

we need some custom possing trunks for that session

jac71
03-25-08, 10:03 am
Solid workout Phil.
Ending the chest session with a superset like that must have been a killer for them pecs!!

ghost
03-25-08, 10:12 am
Phil, great job on chest brother! smoked it!! keep it up brother. that sucks about the gym closing, been there before. worked at one, the members knew before the staff did... was fucking ridiculous.

Pizzalamp
03-25-08, 4:08 pm
great great job bro
u gotta feel proud of yourself when u train like that

Phil800101
03-25-08, 8:56 pm
Sorry to see your gym go bro- it muist feel like when your first dog dies- but when one door closes another one opens. So when this new gym open show everyone there what kind of Animal you are. I kno you wil represent to the fullest. Nice chest session bro. I have supersetted dumbell press and db flys before. Hardcore shit right there bro.

Thanks bro! Yeah, I'm going to tear it up for sure. Oh yeah, as you can see I wasn't even able to get many reps at the end there, my chest was done.

Solid workout Phil.
Ending the chest session with a superset like that must have been a killer for them pecs!!

Thanks Angel! Yup, I couldn't even really finish...only those few reps on the last set. Good shit though, lets me know I did my job.

Phil, great job on chest brother! smoked it!! keep it up brother. that sucks about the gym closing, been there before. worked at one, the members knew before the staff did... was fucking ridiculous.

Thanks Rob! Yeah it sucks for sure, but at the same time I'm looking forward to trying out the new digs. That sucks with your experience, how the hell did they know first?

great great job bro
u gotta feel proud of yourself when u train like that

Thanks Grant! Yup, I wanna close down this gym on a high note.

Phil800101
03-25-08, 8:59 pm

we need some custom possing trunks for that session

I wonder how long before they'd kick us out? Lol. Me in posing trunks in public would probably result in the police being called for indecent exposure, lol.

Phil800101
03-26-08, 12:38 am
Tuesday 3/25/08

Arms

DB Preacher Curls/Hammer Curls (Superset)
20 x 12; 20 x 12
25 x 10; 25 x 10
30 x 8; 30 x 8
25 x 10; 25 x 10
20 x 12; 20 x 12

BB Curl (Dropset)
80 x 6
70 x 6
60 x 12
50 x 10
40 x 16

Two-Handed Cable Pushdown/Cable Pullover (Superset)
110 x 12; 110 x 12
130 x 10; 130 x 10
150 x 8; 150 x 8
130 x 10; 130 x 10
110 x 12; 110 x 12

Assisted Dips (Dropset; More weight = more assistance)
100 x 6
120 x 8
140 x 9
160 x 10
180 x 16

BB Wrist Curl/BB Reverse Wrist Curl (Superset)
60 x 12; 60 x 12 (4 Sets)

Cardio/Grip Work
30 minutes on treadmill. Did work with Heavy Grip grippers while on treadmill.
100lb x 16
150lb x 12
150lb x 12
150lb x 12
100lb x 24

And that is that.

Carpe Diem P.T
03-26-08, 12:40 am
thats awesome u are doing the grip work on the treadmill. Dedicated!

Phil800101
03-26-08, 4:20 am
thats awesome u are doing the grip work on the treadmill. Dedicated!

Thanks bro! Yeah, I figured it would make the time pass faster and be productive.

Toni69
03-26-08, 4:24 am
Talk about volume Phil! great work! How you feeling? Everything goin well I hope..you look great here so keep it goin...stay strong!

B Con
03-26-08, 5:32 am
Great work... never thought to try grip work on the treadmill. That superset of preacher/hammers looked brutal as well. Keep it up brother.

hjayss
03-26-08, 5:58 am
hey nice session...loved the dips squeezed out a lot of reps..nice...

LittleMan55
03-26-08, 7:09 am
Great Arm day Phil! Grip work with cardio Brilliant (said in the Guinness guys voice)! Keep at it man!

mjsef88
03-26-08, 7:18 am
awesome workout man.

Hey what's your weekly split look like?

ghost
03-26-08, 7:57 am
awesome workout man.

nice session phil!!!!!

Phil800101
03-26-08, 11:00 am
Talk about volume Phil! great work! How you feeling? Everything goin well I hope..you look great here so keep it goin...stay strong!

Thanks Toni! I'm feeling pretty good, everything is going well right now. Ever since the Arnold there has been a fire under my ass in the gym, and I'm loving every minute of it. I will keep it going for sure.

Great work... never thought to try grip work on the treadmill. That superset of preacher/hammers looked brutal as well. Keep it up brother.

Thanks bro! Yeah, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. That superset had me in pain for sure, but the tricep superset was even more brutal...all in that good way though.

hey nice session...loved the dips squeezed out a lot of reps..nice...

Thanks H! Yeah, like pullups they're pretty new to my routine, but so far I am liking what I am seeing with them.

Great Arm day Phil! Grip work with cardio Brilliant (said in the Guinness guys voice)! Keep at it man!

Thanks bro! Lol, that's awesome.

awesome workout man.

Thanks my man!

Mon-Chest/Calves/Abs, Tue-Arms, Wed-Legs/Abs, Thu-Shoulders, Fri-Back/Calves/Abs. Cardio Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri. Weekends off.

nice session phil!!!!!

Thanks Rob!

jac71
03-26-08, 11:02 am
awesome session Phil....talk about volume!! Solid session bro

sly06
03-26-08, 11:05 am
I really like the cardio and working on grip at the same time. My grip is starting to give out on me so I know I have to work on it. Keep it up amigo.

Pizzalamp
03-26-08, 7:49 pm
as always...looking good

Phil800101
03-26-08, 7:58 pm
awesome session Phil....talk about volume!! Solid session bro

Thanks Angel! My arms were hurting for sure when this was over.

I really like the cardio and working on grip at the same time. My grip is starting to give out on me so I know I have to work on it. Keep it up amigo.

Thanks Sly! I like it too, breaks up the monotony.

as always...looking good

Thanks Grant!

jer
03-26-08, 8:13 pm
Phil my man, the workouts are looking good.

I know you love doing cardio 4 days a week. lol But, just think of the results brother.

Phil800101
03-27-08, 2:33 am
Phil my man, the workouts are looking good.

I know you love doing cardio 4 days a week. lol But, just think of the results brother.

Thanks Jer! Oh yeah, it's my favorite part of the day, lol. I definitely motivate myself by thinking about the results.

Phil800101
03-27-08, 2:46 am
Wednesday 3/26/08

Legs/Abs

Circuit Training. Circuit order was as follows:
1. Leg Curls
2. Leg Extensions
3. Hack Squats
4. Seated Calf Raises
5. Leg Press

Round 1
1. 60 x 8
2. 60 x 8
3. 1 plate per side x 8
4. 1 plate per side x 8
5. 3 plates per side x 8

Round 2
1. 80 x 8
2. 80 x 8
3. 1 plate + 25 per side x 8
4. 1 plate + 10 per side x 8
5. 4 plates per side x 8

Round 3
1. 100 x 8
2. 100 x 8
3. 2 plates per side x 8
4. 1 plate + 20 per side x 8
5. 5 plates per side x 8

Round 4
1. 120 x 8
2. 120 x 8
3. 2 plates + 25 per side x 8
4. 1 plate + 25 per side x 8
5. 6 plates per side x 8

Round 5
1. 60 x 12
2. 60 x 12
3. 1 plate per side x 12
4. 1 plate per side x 12
5. 3 plates per side x 12

I did all five rounds in around 30-45 minutes, then hit abs.

Abs

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

This was the first time I had done a circuit workout, and I hafta say I loved it. Not necessarily the most pleasant or fun thing in the world, but I like the results...my legs are fucking fried.

Toni69
03-27-08, 4:08 am
Now that's a giant set! 5 exercises, 8-12 reps each, for 5 rounds! awesome work! I will be hitting up circuit training here soon myself..after my vacation. I love that! I did Milos Sarcev's leg wo a few times and its just brutal but its that sorta style of training that just keeps ya ass in check when you think you got it all under control..LOL

Great work Phil!

LittleMan55
03-27-08, 6:00 am
Wednesday 3/26/08

Legs/Abs

1. Leg Curls
2. Leg Extensions
3. Hack Squats
4. Seated Calf Raises
5. Leg Press

Round 1
1. 60 x 8
2. 60 x 8
3. 1 plate per side x 8
4. 1 plate per side x 8
5. 3 plates per side x 8

Round 2
1. 80 x 8
2. 80 x 8
5. 4 plates per side x 8

Round 3
1. 100 x 8
2. 100 x 8
3. 2 plates per side x 8
5. 5 plates per side x 8

Round 4
1. 120 x 8
2. 120 x 8
5. 6 plates per side x 8

Round 5
1. 60 x 12
2. 60 x 12
3. 1 plate per side x 12
4. 1 plate per side x 12

Abs

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

This was the first time I had done a circuit workout, and I hafta say I loved it. Not necessarily the most pleasant or fun thing in the world, but I like the results...my legs are fucking fried.

Yeah Buddy! Wheels were flattened, or mine are when I do circuits! Looks good though loving the intensity!

mjsef88
03-27-08, 7:25 am
awesome workout phil. I'm off to the yuppie gym today (meh. it's 5 min. from my grandma's, so whatever). Hittin up wheels myself.

JMC
03-27-08, 8:40 am
Lookin good Phil! Circuits are gross!!!

Carpe Diem P.T
03-27-08, 8:45 am
lol u must be mental! circuits are tough.

jac71
03-27-08, 10:19 am
Damn Phil....that was an insane workout bro!! Keep it up

krazyassmexican
03-27-08, 10:22 am
Wednesday 3/26/08

Legs/Abs

1. Leg Curls
2. Leg Extensions
3. Hack Squats
4. Seated Calf Raises
5. Leg Press

Round 1
1. 60 x 8
2. 60 x 8
3. 1 plate per side x 8
4. 1 plate per side x 8
5. 3 plates per side x 8

Round 2
1. 80 x 8
2. 80 x 8
5. 4 plates per side x 8

Round 3
1. 100 x 8
2. 100 x 8
3. 2 plates per side x 8
5. 5 plates per side x 8

Round 4
1. 120 x 8
2. 120 x 8
5. 6 plates per side x 8

Round 5
1. 60 x 12
2. 60 x 12
3. 1 plate per side x 12
4. 1 plate per side x 12

Abs

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

everybody is into circuit trainin now
what is happening?
LOL

good way to destroy your legs bro

Phil800101
03-27-08, 10:40 am
Now that's a giant set! 5 exercises, 8-12 reps each, for 5 rounds! awesome work! I will be hitting up circuit training here soon myself..after my vacation. I love that! I did Milos Sarcev's leg wo a few times and its just brutal but its that sorta style of training that just keeps ya ass in check when you think you got it all under control..LOL

Great work Phil!

Thanks Toni! Yup, it was definitely an eye-opener, first time doing any kind of circuit training. I plan on throwing it into the mix every now and then, especially with the major muscle groups.

Yeah Buddy! Wheels were flattened, or mine are when I do circuits! Looks good though loving the intensity!

Thanks bro! My wheels fell right off the damn axle, lol.

awesome workout phil. I'm off to the yuppie gym today (meh. it's 5 min. from my grandma's, so whatever). Hittin up wheels myself.

Thanks bro! Show those yuppies what a real wheels session looks like.

Lookin good Phil! Circuits are gross!!!

Thanks my man! Yes they are, but in the best way.

lol u must be mental! circuits are tough.

Thanks man! Lol, I think I knocked a few screws loose many years ago, lol.

Damn Phil....that was an insane workout bro!! Keep it up

Thanks Angel! It was pretty insane, but in that oh so good way.

everybody is into circuit trainin now
what is happening?
LOL

good way to destroy your legs bro

Thanks Krazy! Yes, I have noticed that. I think it might have something to do with posts in G-Diesel's "You got your balls in that bag" article popping back up in the training section after months of nobody posting in it. I know that's where I got the idea. Legs were destroyed for sure.

jer
03-27-08, 10:41 am
Damn Phil, way to mix it up.

I'm sure you were fried after that. You don't need cardio after that, huh. That's why you did it, isn't it. You sly dog you. lol

Phil, you'll be at the Arnold next year right? We gotta get a workout in.

Keep killing it brother.

Oh yeah, you're trying to become a cop right? How's it going with that? You taken any tests yet? I've taken about half a dozen written and oral tests. I've had a few interviews and I've taken a polygraph too. I'm getting a little killed by my background (nothing violent or anything major), but I'm gonna keep at it. Let me know if I can give you and advice or help.

God bless bro.

krazyassmexican
03-27-08, 10:42 am
Thanks Krazy! Yes, I have noticed that. I think it might have something to do with posts in G-Diesel's "You got your balls in that bag" article popping back up in the training section after months of nobody posting in it. I know that's where I got the idea. Legs were destroyed for sure.

i always wanna try it but my gym is full of smart fucks and crowded all the time

Phil800101
03-27-08, 10:52 am
Damn Phil, way to mix it up.

I'm sure you were fried after that. You don't need cardio after that, huh. That's why you did it, isn't it. You sly dog you. lol

Phil, you'll be at the Arnold next year right? We gotta get a workout in.

Keep killing it brother.

Oh yeah, you're trying to become a cop right? How's it going with that? You taken any tests yet? I've taken about half a dozen written and oral tests. I've had a few interviews and I've taken a polygraph too. I'm getting a little killed by my background (nothing violent or anything major), but I'm gonna keep at it. Let me know if I can give you and advice or help.

God bless bro.

Thanks jer! Lol, I never do cardio on leg day, but it definitely had my heart rate up. I hope to be there next year, I'll do whatever I can to make it...would be awesome to get a session in together for sure.

Yeah, I'm waiting for my town to hand out applications, and set a date for turn in. It should be sometime this month, as they already have the testing dates set (written at end of June, oral at end of July, other tests to follow). I asked, and they said soon, but wouldn't tell me when the apps will be available. I'm trying here first, and seeing where that leads, but I'll probably end up applying in several towns.

That sucks about your background stuff hurting you, but I'm sure if it's nothing violent or major like you said than you should be able to get them to look past it. Good luck with it bro, I know if you keep at it then you will be successful. I may have to take you up on the offer, I'll know more when I get the application packet...don't have any real questions now, but I'm sure I will when I read through it and get the specifics on all the testing and what not.

i always wanna try it but my gym is full of smart fucks and crowded all the time

That sucks! I waited last night and went a little later than normal to make sure the gym was empty.

krazyassmexican
03-27-08, 10:53 am
Thanks jer! Lol, I never do cardio on leg day, but it definitely had my heart rate up. I hope to be there next year, I'll do whatever I can to make it...would be awesome to get a session in together for sure.

Yeah, I'm waiting for my town to hand out applications, and set a date for turn in. It should be sometime this month, as they already have the testing dates set (written at end of June, oral at end of July, other tests to follow). I asked, and they said soon, but wouldn't tell me when the apps will be available. I'm trying here first, and seeing where that leads, but I'll probably end up applying in several towns.

That sucks about your background stuff hurting you, but I'm sure if it's nothing violent or major like you said than you should be able to get them to look past it. Good luck with it bro, I know if you keep at it then you will be successful. I may have to take you up on the offer, I'll know more when I get the application packet...don't have any real questions now, but I'm sure I will when I read through it and get the specifics on all the testing and what not.

That sucks! I waited last night and went a little later than normal to make sure the gym was empty.

i should try that

jer
03-27-08, 10:55 am
Cool bro.

Yeah, I'll get in eventually, I'm not too worried about it.

Phil800101
03-27-08, 10:57 am
Cool bro.

Yeah, I'll get in eventually, I'm not too worried about it.

Yup. You will accomplish whatever you set your mind to bro, I know it.

Enforcer
03-27-08, 11:01 am
Wednesday 3/26/08

Legs/Abs

1. Leg Curls
2. Leg Extensions
3. Hack Squats
4. Seated Calf Raises
5. Leg Press

Round 1
1. 60 x 8
2. 60 x 8
3. 1 plate per side x 8
4. 1 plate per side x 8
5. 3 plates per side x 8

Round 2
1. 80 x 8
2. 80 x 8
5. 4 plates per side x 8

Round 3
1. 100 x 8
2. 100 x 8
3. 2 plates per side x 8
5. 5 plates per side x 8

Round 4
1. 120 x 8
2. 120 x 8
5. 6 plates per side x 8

Round 5
1. 60 x 12
2. 60 x 12
3. 1 plate per side x 12
4. 1 plate per side x 12

Abs

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

Circut training is only for the true Animals. You are a true warrior bro. Keep ur the hard training. Can't wait to see what you look liek at the Cage next yr.

Phil800101
03-27-08, 11:03 am
Circut training is only for the true Animals. You are a true warrior bro. Keep ur the hard training. Can't wait to see what you look liek at the Cage next yr.

Thanks bro! Oh yeah, nothing will get in my way. I promise I will not disappoint...I am going to be one lean, mean, jacked, ripped badass motherfucker by the time the Cage rolls around next year.

B Con
03-27-08, 4:50 pm
You call me insane. That circuit is fucking nuts. Phil you are a machine. Glad to see no matter the distance we always busting ass. Liking the circuits... I never see many people doing them, until I came to the Forvm. Guess that is what separates the people that want it and the others that just pretend. Damn good work.... TOASTEY!

Phil800101
03-27-08, 10:35 pm
You call me insane. That circuit is fucking nuts. Phil you are a machine. Glad to see no matter the distance we always busting ass. Liking the circuits... I never see many people doing them, until I came to the Forvm. Guess that is what separates the people that want it and the others that just pretend. Damn good work.... TOASTEY!

Thanks bro!

Yup, halfway across the country and we're both killing it, which is awesome.

Circuits have become very popular on here lately, and with good reason. Oh yeah, it totally seperates the dedicated from the posers. I am definitely going to be throwing them into the mix every now and then for sure.

Lowdown5
03-27-08, 11:32 pm
Phil,

After meeting you at the Arnold and seeing the fire in your eyes I firmly believe that there is nothing you can't accomplish. Stay focused and lets get this party started!

Pizzalamp
03-27-08, 11:34 pm
what the hell is the matter w/ u haha

sick workout-i agree w/ john...your dedication and desire is what will bring u to the pinnacle of success

Phil800101
03-28-08, 2:04 am
Phil,

After meeting you at the Arnold and seeing the fire in your eyes I firmly believe that there is nothing you can't accomplish. Stay focused and lets get this party started!

Thanks John! I really appreciate the support. Same goes for you, after meeting you and then keeping in touch on here, I know that you will be able to achieve any goals you set for yourself, without question. The party is just beginning my friend, the party is just beginning...

what the hell is the matter w/ u haha

sick workout-i agree w/ john...your dedication and desire is what will bring u to the pinnacle of success

Thanks Grant! I really appreciate your support. The same goes for you my friend, you have the dedication, drive, and desire to succeed at whatever you set out to accomplish. I know this.

sly06
03-28-08, 2:12 am
Phil I only have 3 words for that workout. YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! Great job bro.

Phil800101
03-28-08, 2:14 am
Thursday 3/27/08

Shoulders

DB Shoulder Press
30 x 12
40 x 10
50 x 8
40 x 10
30 x 12

DB Rear Lateral Raises
20 x 12
25 x 10
30 x 8
25 x 10
20 x 12

DB Lateral Raises
15 x 12
20 x 10
25 x 8
20 x 10
15 x 12

DB Front Raises
20 x 12
25 x 10
30 x 8
25 x 10
20 x 12

Shrugs (Dropset; done on a plate-loaded chest press machine.)
5 plates per side x 6
4 plates per side x 8
3 plates per side x 10
2 plates per side x 12
1 plate per side x 40

Cardio

The gym was really empty, I guess people are leaving already. Still have a few more workouts planned for this place though. Cardio was better than usual, mainly because there was a lot of good stuff on TV (X-Men 2, The Longest Day, Metalocalypse) for me to distract myself with. Doing just cardio and abs tomorrow, gotta rest up for the Indiana ABC on Saturday.

Phil800101
03-28-08, 2:15 am
Phil I only have 3 words for that workout. YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! Great job bro.

Thanks Sly! Lol, I think I might be.

hjayss
03-28-08, 3:00 am
solid shoulder day there sir......cant wait til the next abc session...

Phil800101
03-28-08, 4:07 am
solid shoulder day there sir......cant wait til the next abc session...

Thanks H! Neither can I...

LittleMan55
03-28-08, 5:24 am
Great shoulder day Phil! Dude you keep this up your gonna roll into C-bus as a real freak next year!

mjsef88
03-28-08, 8:02 am
I love the volume. Keep it up brother!

jac71
03-28-08, 10:34 am
Solid shoulder day Phil....and keepin up with the cardio also!! Reading through your workouts, you sound very determined and the sessions speak volumes!!! Keep up the solid work bro!!!

sly06
03-28-08, 11:12 am
Thursday 3/27/08

Shoulders

DB Shoulder Press
30 x 12
40 x 10
50 x 8
40 x 10
30 x 12

DB Rear Lateral Raises
20 x 12
25 x 10
30 x 8
25 x 10
20 x 12

DB Lateral Raises
15 x 12
20 x 10
25 x 8
20 x 10
15 x 12

DB Front Raises
20 x 12
25 x 10
30 x 8
25 x 10
20 x 12

Shrugs (Dropset; done on a plate-loaded chest press machine.)
5 plates per side x 6
4 plates per side x 8
3 plates per side x 10
2 plates per side x 12
1 plate per side x 40

Cardio

The gym was really empty, I guess people are leaving already. Still have a few more workouts planned for this place though. Cardio was better than usual, mainly because there was a lot of good stuff on TV (X-Men 2, The Longest Day, Metalocalypse) for me to distract myself with. Doing just cardio and abs tomorrow, gotta rest up for the Indiana ABC on Saturday.

Ouch and those shrugs just make me want to throw up....wow that would be painful.

Phil800101
03-28-08, 11:16 am
Great shoulder day Phil! Dude you keep this up your gonna roll into C-bus as a real freak next year!

Thanks bro! That is the plan...my goal is to be known on the street as "Officer Swole" in a few years, lol.

I love the volume. Keep it up brother!

Thanks bro! I like it as well, I have most definitely kicked it up a notch in the past few weeks.

Solid shoulder day Phil....and keepin up with the cardio also!! Reading through your workouts, you sound very determined and the sessions speak volumes!!! Keep up the solid work bro!!!

Thanks Angel! I really appreciate the support. I am determined for sure...there has been a fire burning under my ass since the Arnold, and it has no signs of going out.

Phil800101
03-28-08, 11:18 am
Ouch and those shrugs just make me want to throw up....wow that would be painful.

They weren't all that bad, not too painful. I love shrugs, they are my friend.

LittleMan55
03-28-08, 11:21 am
Officer Swole hell yea! Thats where its at bro!!!

Pizzalamp
03-28-08, 5:55 pm
those shoulders must be sore... they must!!!

enjoy your weekend

Phil800101
03-28-08, 6:25 pm
Officer Swole hell yea! Thats where its at bro!!!

You know it!

Phil800101
03-28-08, 6:26 pm
those shoulders must be sore... they must!!!

enjoy your weekend

Thanks Grant, I most certainly will...you too! Oh hell yeah they are, but in a good way!

Lowdown5
03-28-08, 6:28 pm
Phil,

I want you to know that even though I don't post a ton in your journey, I look everyday. You are an inspiration, a role model to all of us. You are a good, decent human being and it is an honor to be part of the Legion with you.

Elite
03-28-08, 7:47 pm
Phil,

I want you to know that even though I don't post a ton in your journey, I look everyday. You are an inspiration, a role model to all of us. You are a good, decent human being and it is an honor to be part of the Legion with you.

x2, its good to have you around here more these days, dont stray!
Great shoulder session, pretty similar to my approach, i feel i have to hit them from every conceivable angle to justify a w/o.

Phil800101
03-28-08, 9:23 pm
Phil,

Thanks John! That means alot to me, it really does. Right back at ya bro, the feeling is mutual.

x2, its good to have you around here more these days, dont stray!
Great shoulder session, pretty similar to my approach, i feel i have to hit them from every conceivable angle to justify a w/o.

Thanks Paul! It means alot, it really does...I'm definitely glad to be here more often, and I'm not going anywhere!

I know what you mean, I feel like I need to hit every part of the delt or I haven't worked them properly.

Phil800101
03-29-08, 12:08 am
Friday 3/28/08

Calves/Abs/Cardio

Calf Extensions
55 x 12
66 x 12
77 x 12
88 x 12
99 x 12

Abench Crunch Machine
25 reps x 4 sets

Cardio

Normally today is back day, but I'm going to the Indiana ABC tomorrow, so I will hit back there. I did the calves, abs, and cardio I normally do with back tonight though, so I can focus on the back workout tomorrow.

Lowdown5
03-29-08, 12:10 am
Have a great session at the ABC event tomorrow!

Phil800101
03-29-08, 3:10 am
Have a great session at the ABC event tomorrow!

Thanks John, I will!

LittleMan55
03-29-08, 7:43 am
Ok man the calf work looks killer, but that means the back got an extra day of rest compared to the usual. We subsribers to this want/need to see something wild from today!! Enjoy the ABC too!

jac71
03-29-08, 10:47 am
Have a great time at the ABC Phil!!

Phil800101
03-29-08, 11:14 am
Ok man the calf work looks killer, but that means the back got an extra day of rest compared to the usual. We subsribers to this want/need to see something wild from today!! Enjoy the ABC too!

Thanks bro, I promise I won't disappoint!

Have a great time at the ABC Phil!!

Thanks Angel, I will for sure!

Lowdown5
03-29-08, 11:15 am
Kick some ass today Phil and TAKE PICS!!

I demand PICS!!!

No pics = mad Lowdown!!!

Phil800101
03-29-08, 11:22 am
Kick some ass today Phil and TAKE PICS!!

I demand PICS!!!

No pics = mad Lowdown!!!

I will kick ass and chew bubblegum, except I am all out of bubblegum! Rest assured, pics will be taken, the camera was tossed in the gym bag last night. I'm leaving in about an hour or so, this is going to be killer...

B Con
03-29-08, 11:31 am
Your shoulder day looks brutal. I cant wait to dedicate one day to just shoulders. Oh shit you bringing a camera? I gotta see this...

Me and BS55 will be trying to film some of ours Monday for ya.

LittleMan55
03-29-08, 11:41 am
Your shoulder day looks brutal. I cant wait to dedicate one day to just shoulders. Oh shit you bringing a camera? I gotta see this...

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!

Phil800101
03-29-08, 7:34 pm

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!

Thanks bro! My shoulders were killing me by the time I was done. I'm looking forward to seeing those videos, should be some good shit.

Phil800101
03-29-08, 7:43 pm
Saturday 3/29/08

Back

BB Deadlifts
155 x 12
245 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 1 (NEW PR! It was an ugly-ass rep, but I got it up there and locked it out.)
315 x 8
225 x 12
135 x 24

Lat Pulldowns
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6
Dropset: 150 x 5, 120 x 8, 90 x 12, 60 x 16

BB Rows
(I'm still pretty new to these, so I'm staying fairly light until I feel that I have the form locked down 100% and am comfortable with them.)
95 x 12
115 x 10
135 x 8
115 x 10
95 x 12

Seated Cable Rows
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6
Dropset: 150 x 6, 120 x 10, 90 x 12, 60 x 16

Assisted Pull-Ups (Less weight = more resistance)
180 x 12
160 x 8
140 x 6
120 x 2
Dropset: 140 x 2, 160 x 2, 180 x 4

I had a great time lifting with the Indiana ABC today. Solid group of guys, and cool as hell. I will be posting up pics in the gallery soon.

jac71
03-29-08, 7:46 pm
that is a very solid work out Phil...congrats on the dead PR...wish I could have been there throwing around some iron with you guys....looking forward to the pics!!

krazyassmexican
03-29-08, 7:51 pm
Saturday 3/29/08

Back

BB Deadlifts
155 x 12
245 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 1 (NEW PR! It was an ugly-ass rep, but I got it up there and locked it out.)
315 x 8
225 x 12
135 x 24

Lat Pulldowns
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

BB Rows
(I'm still pretty new to these, so I'm staying fairly light until I feel that I have the form locked down 100% and am comfortable with them.)
95 x 12
115 x 10
135 x 8
115 x 10
95 x 12

Seated Cable Rows
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

180 x 12
160 x 8
140 x 6
120 x 2

I had a great time lifting with the Indiana ABC today. Solid group of guys, and cool as hell. I will be posting up pics in the gallery soon.

i am fuckin proud of you big baby!

Lowdown5
03-29-08, 7:55 pm
Saturday 3/29/08

Back

BB Deadlifts
155 x 12
245 x 3
315 x 3
315 x 8
225 x 12
135 x 24

Lat Pulldowns
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

BB Rows
95 x 12
115 x 10
135 x 8
115 x 10
95 x 12

Seated Cable Rows
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

180 x 12
160 x 8
140 x 6
120 x 2

This workout did not take place unless I see pics proving it!!

Nice PR Phil..................

Phil800101
03-29-08, 7:57 pm
that is a very solid work out Phil...congrats on the dead PR...wish I could have been there throwing around some iron with you guys....looking forward to the pics!!

Thanks Angel! Wish you coulda been there too, it was awesome.

i am fuckin proud of you big baby!

Thanks Krazy! I am proud of myself too, lol.

This workout did not take place unless I see pics proving it!!

Nice PR Phil..................

Thanks John! Oh, it took place, and I do have the pics to prove it, lol.

Lowdown5
03-29-08, 7:58 pm
Thanks John! Oh, it took place, and I do have the pics to prove it, lol.

OK Phil, but I still need pics, LOL!!!

Phil800101
03-29-08, 7:59 pm
Pics are up.

Forvm thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=16480

Photbucket gallery:

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/Phil800101/Indiana%20ABC/

Lowdown5
03-29-08, 8:01 pm
Pics are up.

Forvm thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=16480

Photbucket gallery:

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj206/Phil800101/Indiana%20ABC/

Great pics!!!!

Pizzalamp
03-29-08, 8:02 pm
phil
since the cage youve leaned up a lot
thats the first thing i thought when i saw ya pics

Phil800101
03-29-08, 8:15 pm
Great pics!!!!

Thanks John!

phil
since the cage youve leaned up a lot
thats the first thing i thought when i saw ya pics

Thanks bro! That's a huge compliment, and it means alot to me!

I feel like I've leaned up, and it looks like it in the mirror, not to mention that all my pants fit looser. However, I haven't stepped on a scale or measured myself or anything. I'm going by look and feel basically.

Pizzalamp
03-29-08, 8:16 pm
u can def see it in your face

LittleMan55
03-29-08, 9:12 pm
Saturday 3/29/08

Back

BB Deadlifts
155 x 12
245 x 3
315 x 3
315 x 8
225 x 12
135 x 24

Lat Pulldowns
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

BB Rows
95 x 12
115 x 10
135 x 8
115 x 10
95 x 12

Seated Cable Rows
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

180 x 12
160 x 8
140 x 6
120 x 2

Phil I will second what Pizzalamp said. Doing well man, damn well. If sight and feel are working for you stick with it! GREAT Pics too! Did that guy lead all you freaks in with the chain? Whatever it was must have worked PR too, Hell of a DAY!

Phil800101
03-29-08, 10:05 pm
u can def see it in your face

Thanks again bro!

Phil I will second what Pizzalamp said. Doing well man, damn well. If sight and feel are working for you stick with it! GREAT Pics too! Did that guy lead all you freaks in with the chain? Whatever it was must have worked PR too, Hell of a DAY!

Thanks bro! It means alot to me, it really does. Yeah, I hate scales, numbers can be very misleading. I should weigh myself one of these days though, just to get and idea of where I'm at right now.

Lol, no, but that would have been awesome. It was one hell of an awesome day for sure.

Phil800101
03-30-08, 6:21 pm
Sunday 3/30/08

Rest

Resting it up today. Slept in late, got a nice 8.5 hours of sleep or so, which felt great.

I went and checked out the new gyms. They're both pretty nice, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the one that used to be a Powerhouse gym for sure. For one, the layout is much more conducive to weightlifting, much more open and it seems like they have more weight equipment. The free weights were in a caged in area, which I think is pretty cool. Also, I like the atmosphere. When I was in there I was comfortable and felt ready to sling some iron. The staff was friendly and cool, which is a plus.

The other Gold's (which is closer to my house) is nice, but the free weight area is smaller and much more cramped, not to mention that it looks like it has less equipment overall. Plus, I didn't like the atmosphere. At this place something just didn't feel right...I wasn't comfortable and I didn't feel like I would want to lift there. Also, the staff was much less friendly there as well. They were treating me kinda suspiciously, like I didn't belong there or they didn't want me there or something. Maybe I was imagining things, I dunno. It does have more frills, and a pool, but my main concern is the weights. I don't care if a gym has Flintstones style cardio equipment with bikes and treadmills made out of wood and rock and shit...as long as they have decent enough weights and enough equipment for me to get my lift on properly.

In any case, I have access to both, so that is good.

Last day at my old gym tomorrow. I'm going to take some pics to mark the occasion.

jac71
03-30-08, 6:27 pm
Sunday 3/30/08

Rest

Resting it up today. Slept in late, got a nice 8.5 hours of sleep or so, which felt great.

I went and checked out the new gyms. They're both pretty nice, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the one that used to be a Powerhouse gym for sure. For one, the layout is much more conducive to weightlifting, much more open and it seems like they have more weight equipment. The free weights were in a caged in area, which I think is pretty cool. Also, I like the atmosphere. When I was in there I was comfortable and felt ready to sling some iron. The staff was friendly and cool, which is a plus.

The other Gold's (which is closer to my house) is nice, but the free weight area is smaller and much more cramped, not to mention that it looks like it has less equipment overall. Plus, I didn't like the atmosphere. At this place something just didn't feel right...I wasn't comfortable and I didn't feel like I would want to lift there. Also, the staff was much less friendly there as well. They were treating me kinda suspiciously, like I didn't belong there or they didn't want me there or something. Maybe I was imagining things, I dunno. It does have more frills, and a pool, but my main concern is the weights. I don't care if a gym has Flintstones style cardio equipment with bikes and treadmills made out of wood and rock and shit...as long as they have decent enough weights and enough equipment for me to get my lift on properly.

In any case, I have access to both, so that is good.

Last day at my old gym tomorrow. I'm going to take some pics to mark the occasion.

Good rest day Phil, rest is also very important.
I hope that gym works out for you bro!! sounds like the place you want to train

LittleMan55
03-30-08, 6:46 pm
Dude free weights in a caged area screams ANIMAL! Sounds like a solid gym to me. Good rest day as well!

Phil800101
03-30-08, 8:23 pm
Good rest day Phil, rest is also very important.
I hope that gym works out for you bro!! sounds like the place you want to train

Thanks Angel! Hell yes it is, very very important. You can't get any bigger or better without recovery, that's for sure. I hope so too, I think it will work out well.

Dude free weights in a caged area screams ANIMAL! Sounds like a solid gym to me. Good rest day as well!

Thanks bro! Lol, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it. Yeah, I think I'm going to like it, but I am definitely going to miss my old gym...but like Bob Dylan once sang, the times they are a-changin'.

Pizzalamp
03-30-08, 11:44 pm
lets have a good week phil!!

Phil800101
03-31-08, 12:15 am
lets have a good week phil!!

Thanks Grant! That is the plan, as always. I'm really planning on killing it tomorrow, going for my new PR on flat bench. Gotta close down the old gym with something good.

sly06
03-31-08, 12:33 am
405!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job bro. I hope you hit your PR today on Flat Bench. Just focus and I know you iwll put that shit up. Excellent work!

Phil800101
03-31-08, 1:06 am
405!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job bro. I hope you hit your PR today on Flat Bench. Just focus and I know you iwll put that shit up. Excellent work!

Thanks Sly! I hope I do too...I know I will hit a PR, but there is a particular number I want to hit. We will see...some Nose Tork might help me though, lol.

B Con
03-31-08, 10:56 am
Congrats on the new PR... hardest part is locking those bitches out... definitely proud of ya brother. Nice pics as well... that huge chain makes the session look extra hardcore... I will agree with what everyone else has said as you look a lot leaner since I saw you at the Arnold. Great work Phil. Keep it up...you are an inspiration.

ghost
03-31-08, 11:20 am
great job on deads phil..

defy gravity, show it who is boss.

Enforcer
03-31-08, 11:23 am
Saturday 3/29/08

Back

BB Deadlifts
155 x 12
245 x 3
315 x 3
315 x 8
225 x 12
135 x 24

Lat Pulldowns
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

BB Rows
95 x 12
115 x 10
135 x 8
115 x 10
95 x 12

Seated Cable Rows
90 x 12
110 x 10
130 x 8
150 x 6

180 x 12
160 x 8
140 x 6
120 x 2

It is always such a great feeling to set a PR bro. Nice work. Just u and dead weight- got to love the DL bro. Once again congrats and keep up the hardcore training. Another solid year or so of training and 450 will be your next PR.

Phil800101
03-31-08, 11:25 am
Congrats on the new PR... hardest part is locking those bitches out... definitely proud of ya brother. Nice pics as well... that huge chain makes the session look extra hardcore... I will agree with what everyone else has said as you look a lot leaner since I saw you at the Arnold. Great work Phil. Keep it up...you are an inspiration.

Thanks bro! It means alot, it really does. Honestly, this is the best I have ever done at a cut, in terms of eating the right shit and sticking to it faithfully, and I think I am definitely seeing results. The input from others also tells me that I must be doing something right. Other times, I would try to cut but would always half-ass it in some way or fuck something up, and the results would be shitty or non-existant...not anymore.

Phil800101
03-31-08, 11:32 am
great job on deads phil..

defy gravity, show it who is boss.

Thanks Rob! Defy it? Hell, I kicked it square in the balls and made it clear the plates off the bar for me...and then I had it get me a sandwich.

It is always such a great feeling to set a PR bro. Nice work. Just u and dead weight- got to love the DL bro. Once again congrats and keep up the hardcore training. Another solid year or so of training and 450 will be your next PR.

Thanks bro! Indeed it is, no feeling like it in the world. I love deadlifting, definitely my favorite lift. Honestly, in a few years I hope to be training to deadlift competitively. Can't do it for awhile though, right now I have to cut the fat and improve my running so I can get my badge. After a year or two on the force though, when I'm all adjusted to the job and what not, I hope to start training for powerlifting, even if I end up only competing against myself.