PDA

View Full Version : Journey of a Future CT Freak

Pages : [1] 2

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 11:49 am
Alright Animal brethren, here it is after over a year on this forum, my very own journey after having already completed a few full body transformations to date. I’m a 19-year-old college student from CT but going to school at Springfield College as an Exercise Science major with plans of becoming a successful personal trainer. I’ll start with my middle school days, when I was THE fat kid…5’8” or so and tipping the scales at a whopping 204 pounds. As I grew older, the fat seemed to melt away (despite my continued poor eating habits and sporadic exercise) and by junior year of high school I was a skinny-fat 5’11”, weighing only 155 pounds but still having high body fat. Around this time, I joined my first gym and since July 2006, have undergone two bulk/cut cycles, this 2nd cut being for a bodybuilding competition in 17 days. As of yesterday I was 165lbs with only 4.30% body fat, 15 pounds heavier than the end of my diet last spring and at the same level of conditioning. This log will be of my 3rd bulk, hopefully my most rewarding one to date, starting the day after my show, March 30th, 2008. My goal for January of 2009 is to be a lean (10% body fat or less) 205, and then diet for another competition in the spring of that year. I’ll update this regularly, so if you’re interested be sure to check back often.

Pizzalamp
03-11-08, 11:52 am
well well well
look who finally began a log

Looking forward to it
Any progress pics?

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 11:58 am
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/ctitalian1/fatassII.jpg
This is me in 6th grade (11 years old?)

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/ctitalian1/xmaseve05mirrorshot.jpg
This is me Dec. 05 "skinny-fat" (16 years old)

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/ctitalian1/firstcut.jpg
This is me May 07 @ 150 lbs after bulking to 175 (est. 12%+ bf, Jan. 07) from the skinny-fat 155. (18 years old)

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s283/ctitalian1/_MG_2516.jpg
This is me towards the end of my 2nd bulk (Dec. 07) @ 184lbs & 9% bf. (18 years old)

Pizzalamp
03-11-08, 12:06 pm
wow Ant
Def some good progress
That ab shot is great

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 12:08 pm
haha thanks bro, I need to get some recent shots up from my pre-contest dieting.

Pizzalamp
03-11-08, 12:12 pm
haha thanks bro, I need to get some recent shots up from my pre-contest dieting.

def
where is ya show gonna be?

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 12:13 pm
def
where is ya show gonna be?

Tarrytown Music Hall
13 Main St.
Tarrytown, NY

03/29/08
prejudging 11 am, finals 4pm

I'm competing in the 101 & Teen classes.

Punisher
03-11-08, 12:28 pm
nice progress, i love what that girl is wearing in the first pic u posted hahaha

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 1:06 pm
Current supps are as follows:
Animal Pak
Torrent
100% whey protein
whey isolate
BCAAs + glutamine, citrulline malate, & vitamin B6
nitric oxide product

Enforcer
03-11-08, 1:17 pm
Good luck on ur bulk bro. Soon it will be time to take in some serious food. Got to love the bulk.

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 1:26 pm
Good luck on ur bulk bro. Soon it will be time to take in some serious food. Got to love the bulk.

def., I'm lookin' at a minimum 5k cals/day this off season w/ a good 2 cheat meals/week at least. and by cheat I mean an entire large pizza and/or a trip to the local chinese buffet lol...my two favorites.

Enforcer
03-11-08, 1:31 pm
def., I'm lookin' at a minimum 5k cals/day this off season w/ a good 2 cheat meals/week at least. and by cheat I mean an entire large pizza and/or a trip to the local chinese buffet lol...my two favorites.

Fuckin love whole pizzas on a cheat. Papa John's grilled chicken pizza. Also love a Jack Daniels burger with fries from Friday's.

jer
03-11-08, 1:39 pm
What up Ant?

Glad to see you started a journey.

Question for you, and please don't take it the wrong way, but was there a reason that you only "bulked" to 184lbs.? Did you just have your heart set on this particular show? Just wanna get your feet wet?

I could see you easily (relative word) getting up to 215-220 or so bulked up and have another 20-25lbs. more muscle come show time.

You think that's something you might do after these shows?

Just curious.

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 1:53 pm
Fuckin love whole pizzas on a cheat. Papa John's grilled chicken pizza. Also love a Jack Daniels burger with fries from Friday's.

white thin crust for me w/ all the veggies & chicken. I get it at a local Italian joint that has some of the best pizza I've ever had. Burgers are a favorite as well, hell I just love food lol.

jer
03-11-08, 1:56 pm
white thin crust for me w/ all the veggies & chicken. I get it at a local Italian joint that has some of the best pizza I've ever had. Burgers are a favorite as well, hell I just love food lol.

You're killing me, stop talking about pizza. I love a white pie with chicken and veggies. That may have to be my next cheat meal.

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 1:57 pm
What up Ant?

Glad to see you started a journey.

Question for you, and please don't take it the wrong way, but was there a reason that you only "bulked" to 184lbs.? Did you just have your heart set on this particular show? Just wanna get your feet wet?

I could see you easily (relative word) getting up to 215-220 or so bulked up and have another 20-25lbs. more muscle come show time.

You think that's something you might do after these shows?

Just curious.

def. not taken the wrong way, but I felt 34 pounds in just a few months was enough for now, and that gaining any more fat w/ the extra muscle would just make dieting harder come show time. I like to stay lean now, as you can probably see why (being obese for most of your years growing up fucks with your head a lot). This offseason I'm shooting for 205 and the same bodyfat I was this past December. I think that is a reasonable goal for me and hopefully will surpass it as I did in 07, continually upping the # I wanted to see by x-mas. I may even allow myself to get up around 12% and see where I'm at, but not much more than that. Def. looking to compete 10-20lbs heavier again next spring (09).

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 1:58 pm
You're killing me, stop talking about pizza. I love a white pie with chicken and veggies. That may have to be my next cheat meal.

you're telling this to a guy who's been dieting for 71 days haha, I want pizza more than anything (well not as much as a trophy) right about now.

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 2:03 pm
Even down to 165 right now, I feel WAY better than I did offseason, my strength is still great, and I'm getting compliments everyday.

jer
03-11-08, 2:33 pm
Right on bro.

I'm dieting now and I feel great. It becomes a chore choking down all that food. Dieting is like a nice little break from that.

I'll think of you on Sunday when I'm eating my pizza.

ct italian 1
03-11-08, 3:49 pm
Right on bro.

I'm dieting now and I feel great. It becomes a chore choking down all that food. Dieting is like a nice little break from that.

I'll think of you on Sunday when I'm eating my pizza.

haha ya, it def. is a chore, but one I'm looking forward to. I'm going to be eating llots of lean beef, white potatos, white rice, etc. this year...I'm looking for some serious size and a 495lb deadlift & 405lb squat. This week my dl was 365x3 and my squat was 315x6 at a bw of 165lbs. So hopefully at 205 I'll be throwing massive weight around.

Jburz
03-11-08, 7:09 pm
You should of posted one of these the first day you joined. Keep it up though, Since I first saw you way back when I was in 8th to alumni day you have made great progress from that time alone let alone when i was still in the 3rd grade and you in 6th.

ct italian 1
03-12-08, 10:15 am
So this morning I trained delts, traps, & abs.
I train entirely by feel (no set routine)
so this morning I did a quick warmup (stretching & light set of bb military presses) then 4 sets of dumbbell military presses followed by 4 sets behind-the-head bb military presses, 4 sets of db lat raises, & then finished delts w/ the machine for rears.
traps I kept simple today, 4 sets of smith machine shrugs for higher reps.
my ab workout was hanging leg raises, machine crunches, & crunches mostly supersetted.
Then I finished up w/ 10min light cardio.
I was in the gym by 6:30 and out by 7:15 as always (I keep rest times short).

16 days out as of today.

Young&Hungry
03-12-08, 10:20 am
Just noticed your journey Ant! You making the trek out to the next ABC bro? Anyways that's a solid looking routine, your instincts seem to do you well. Looking forward to seeing your success at your upcoming show, have faith in the work you've put in.

ct italian 1
03-12-08, 10:24 am
Just noticed your journey Ant! You making the trek out to the next ABC bro? Anyways that's a solid looking routine, your instincts seem to do you well. Looking forward to seeing your success at your upcoming show, have faith in the work you've put in.

thanks brother, and yes, I'll definately be at Gold's New Haven on the 5th come hell or high water. I'm def. feeling great about this show and am very confident that my conditioning will be excellent for a first time competitor. ya, I always decide what I'm doing for whatever body part when I get to the gym, seems to yield the best results for me, that way I'm ALWAYS switching it up and keepin my body guessing.

ChandlerXJ
03-12-08, 11:02 am
good luck bro, I'll try to make it out to your show

ct italian 1
03-12-08, 11:33 am
good luck bro, I'll try to make it out to your show

thanks bro, now that's support right there.

Enforcer
03-12-08, 11:38 am

I hear that bro. Food is life- and i love to eat it up-lol

ct italian 1
03-12-08, 12:24 pm
I hear that bro. Food is life- and i love to eat it up-lol

haha I agree. Off season is therefore the definition of living life to the fullest, no pun intended.

Enforcer
03-12-08, 12:33 pm
haha I agree. Off season is therefore the definition of living life to the fullest, no pun intended.

Very tru bro..g2 love growth season

ct italian 1
03-13-08, 9:52 am
Ah, Thurs. is arm day...my favorite. There is no pump quite as satisfying as blowing up your arms up like balloons. I started w/ bi's, doing 4 sets of seated alternating db curls, then 5 sets of standing bb reverse curls (a personal fav. exercise), finished up w/ a variation of cable curls I am perfecting using the double handle attachment held together w/ the nylon, so it's almost like doing together db curls but turned to the side in a concentration fashion on the cable...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these and wish I had an easier way to explain them. For triceps, I started w/ 4 sets of close-grip bp, then 2 sets bb skullcrushers, 2 sets one-handed behind the head tricep extensions, then finished w/ 3 sets of v-bar cable pushdowns (the last set being a drop set). Ended w/ 10min light cardio.
Just another great workout training entirely by feel.

ct italian 1
03-14-08, 8:06 pm
so, today was a rest day and fucking miserable as usual. although my fats are higher on rest days, my carbs are lower, and total cals are about 800 less than a workout day...so I was irritable and tired which isn't anything new for a monday or friday (my rest days as of now). Plus, I LOVE working out, so being out of the gym for a day is terrible...I can't wait to get back there the next morning, so as I write this sipping on some aminos, I'm eagerly awaiting getting up at 6 tomorrow to kill chest @ Gold's (home for spring break).

Pizzalamp
03-14-08, 11:37 pm
so, today was a rest day and fucking miserable as usual. although my fats are higher on rest days, my carbs are lower, and total cals are about 800 less than a workout day...so I was irritable and tired which isn't anything new for a monday or friday (my rest days as of now). Plus, I LOVE working out, so being out of the gym for a day is terrible...I can't wait to get back there the next morning, so as I write this sipping on some aminos, I'm eagerly awaiting getting up at 6 tomorrow to kill chest @ Gold's (home for spring break).

kill that chest
gotta balance a glass of water on ya upper chest!

ct italian 1
03-16-08, 8:57 am
it's getting difficult to always get on here to update this between school, training, & work, so I won't be posting everyday until after my show. Chest was great yesterday, sick pumps and wicked vascularity coming out, and legs was insane today...still squatting 315 full depth for 6 now @ a body weight of 163.5 pounds! I go to see my trainer in less than an hour so I'll let you all know what my bodyfat % is down to as of today...I'm hoping for 4%.

ct italian 1
03-17-08, 11:21 am
Saw my trainer yesterday and the verdict is...3.81% bodyfat!
Today is a rest day, so just laying low, probably going to just kick back with a black triple shot of espresso and relax...yes, that is how I relax haha.

Pizzalamp
03-17-08, 11:23 am
Saw my trainer yesterday and the verdict is...3.81% bodyfat!
Today is a rest day, so just laying low, probably going to just kick back with a black triple shot of espresso and relax...yes, that is how I relax haha.

wow thats pretty low
congrats

ct italian 1
03-17-08, 3:04 pm
wow thats pretty low
congrats

thanks man, I should drop another .5%-1% by the day of the show.
they say 2-4% is essential for males lol, I'm right there.
then I'll flush out the water and bam! skin on top of muscle haha.

Punisher
03-17-08, 3:10 pm
getting shredded broo

jer
03-17-08, 8:34 pm
thanks man, I should drop another .5%-1% by the day of the show.
they say 2-4% is essential for males lol, I'm right there.
then I'll flush out the water and bam! skin on top of muscle haha.

Shit bro, don't know if I could do it. lol

Just a few more weeks Ant.

God bless bro.

Young&Hungry
03-17-08, 8:56 pm
3% is fucking freaky brother. Keep moving forward, the light at the end of the tunnell is right there.

ct italian 1
03-20-08, 9:31 am
thanks guys!
I'm feeling great, 8 days out, getting compliments & feedback left and right.
I was told by a buddy that my 6pack a couple weeks ago was nice, but now I'm just freaky haha.

Here are a few progress pics from a couple days ago...
unpumped before bed (so after drinking gallon+ water & eating 8 meals lol)

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7180/10daysout1ir7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1461/10daysoutiihn4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4595/10daysoutiiirb1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mustgetbig
03-21-08, 8:35 pm
damn bro nice cut progress whats yur diet looking like?

Pizzalamp
03-21-08, 9:04 pm
looking good ant-seriously-awesome bro-your hard work is so obvious

looks like u and me will be stuck working at the gym tommorow cuz of the easter rush

ct italian 1
03-22-08, 8:37 am
thanks guys, diet is low fat/moderate carbs/high protein. I never post my meal plans because there is no "one-size-fits-all" diet. There is a noticeable difference from those pics even to today, when the only thing I can pull on my abs is skin. Dedication, desire, and determination...that's what got me this far...having not gone off my meal plan ONCE. If it was not written down to be consumed at a certain time, I did not eat/drink it, simple as that. Yes, that means NO cheat meals for the entire 13 weeks, something I am truly proud of, resisting all temptation. I listened to another kid I know competing in this same show brag about how good the chocolate cake he ate one week was, now I listen to him bitch about how he only has two visible abs, is doing cardio for 2hrs+/day and eating only 1165 calories haha. Stick to your plan and you will succeed!

jer
03-22-08, 8:44 am
You're a machine bro.

No cheat meals and 2+ hours of cardio a day?!?! FUCK THAT. haha

Almost there Ant, keep your head up and represent.

ct italian 1
03-22-08, 5:41 pm
You're a machine bro.

No cheat meals and 2+ hours of cardio a day?!?! FUCK THAT. haha

Almost there Ant, keep your head up and represent.

haha NOOO, not 2hrs cardio/day for me, that's the other kid I know doing the same show, great way to burn all of your hard-earned muscle. I am only up to 20min/day; 10min post-workout & 10min before bed (both low intensity). I did not even touch a piece of cardio equipment until 5 weeks out.

jer
03-23-08, 2:22 pm
haha NOOO, not 2hrs cardio/day for me, that's the other kid I know doing the same show, great way to burn all of your hard-earned muscle. I am only up to 20min/day; 10min post-workout & 10min before bed (both low intensity). I did not even touch a piece of cardio equipment until 5 weeks out.

Ah, you're one of those lucky guys that don't need a lot of cardio, gotcha.

ct italian 1
03-23-08, 9:07 pm
Ah, you're one of those lucky guys that don't need a lot of cardio, gotcha.

haha, I am always moving around and walk fast so I think that actually plays a part in it, but cardio is a proven muscle-eater so I try and limit it to as little as possible. Offseason I do none, probably not the healthiest idea but eh, makes gaining that much easier. This year I'm going to do like 10min post-workout a cpl days a week most likely.

ct italian 1
03-28-08, 10:13 am
Saw my trainer last night for our final meeting before the show tomorrow, applied my first coat of protan, and checked my bodyfat. 3.01% @ 161.5lbs...wow! In my pics from spring of last year I was only 149 dieted down. 12.5 pounds of stage weight in just under a year.

Thanks for all of your support guys!

Enforcer
03-28-08, 10:14 am
Best of luck bro. Stand tall and proud. You worked your ass off to get to this point. Now show all the people out there what an Animal looks like

ct italian 1
03-28-08, 10:31 am
Best of luck bro. Stand tall and proud. You worked your ass off to get to this point. Now show all the people out there what an Animal looks like

Appreciate it brother, I'll be rocking something Animal backstage, I left my iconic tee at school but I'll probably bring along my sleeveless "I'm Not Here To Talk".

Enforcer
03-28-08, 10:47 am
Appreciate it brother, I'll be rocking something Animal backstage, I left my iconic tee at school but I'll probably bring along my sleeveless "I'm Not Here To Talk".

Nice bro. Wat song you posing to?

ct italian 1
03-28-08, 6:22 pm
Nice bro. Wat song you posing to?

Fort Minor - Remember the Name

Pizzalamp
03-28-08, 7:03 pm
http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/9503/page/show_video_number_9503.html

you should pose to this

ct italian 1
03-30-08, 7:44 am
http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/9503/page/show_video_number_9503.html

you should pose to this

THAT SONG IS SICK! I may do another show May 10th and maybe I'll use that.

As far as yesterday goes, 4th place Teen, 1st & 2nd were both juiced out of their minds and lied on the polygraph. They were supposed to disqualify them because somehow the promoters found out but they didn't. Both of them come out of the polygrath room slapping each other high fives. It was fucking bullshit.

Pizzalamp
03-30-08, 10:54 am

As far as yesterday goes, 4th place Teen, 1st & 2nd were both juiced out of their minds and lied on the polygraph. They were supposed to disqualify them because somehow the promoters found out but they didn't. Both of them come out of the polygrath room slapping each other high fives. It was fucking bullshit.

4th place...good job ant...were proud of u bro...damn u worked your ass off ...hope we get to see some pics

thats too bad about those other guys

jer
03-30-08, 11:37 am
Did you have fun? That's what matters.

You said yourself that you added over 12lbs. of stage weight since last year, that's fantastic. I'm sure next year you'll add even more. You're finding out things that work for you and it's only gonna make you better.

Polygraphs are a joke. As long as you believe your answers they'll be true.

Props Ant.

Young&Hungry
03-30-08, 12:51 pm
Did you have fun? That's what matters.

You said yourself that you added over 12lbs. of stage weight since last year, that's fantastic. I'm sure next year you'll add even more. You're finding out things that work for you and it's only gonna make you better.

Polygraphs are a joke. As long as you believe your answers they'll be true.

Props Ant.

Ant, no matter how you felt about your success at the show, we are ALL proud of you. Politics are a fact of life in just about every sport. It's a shame to say but it is what it is you know? You've added 12 pounds of muscle, gained more showtime experience, learned more about your body, and are lean enough to start another successful bulk. Don't see much losing other than some fucking trophy here!

ct italian 1
03-30-08, 12:54 pm
thanks guys, these other two kids were incredible, so enhanced or not, they are good bb'ers.
To even have placed with such competition I feel very satisfied and even more so knowing how hard I worked for it. I am going to do this May 10th show, and start dieting April 6th. Entrance fee is free if you're under 20 so I figure, "hey, why not?". I'm addicted to competing now, it's an insane feeling being backstage...I fucking love it!

Enforcer
03-31-08, 8:27 am

Nice job bro- can't complain about that placing especially with what you are saying about the guys that placed ahead of you. Keep up the intense training and I gurantee you will hit 1st place next year

Enforcer
03-31-08, 11:17 am
And one other thing bro- I just saw some pics of the guys you were talking about. Don't even sweat that shit. You have to be a real pussy to juice up for a naturtal show and think that you are the man for winning. No what you really are is a lil bitch poser. And that's it. Keep your head up bro, u got royally screwed but it only will make you stronger in the end.

ChandlerXJ
03-31-08, 2:47 pm
And one other thing bro- I just saw some pics of the guys you were talking about. Don't even sweat that shit. You have to be a real pussy to juice up for a naturtal show and think that you are the man for winning. No what you really are is a lil bitch poser. And that's it. Keep your head up bro, u got royally screwed but it only will make you stronger in the end.

enforcer link those pics bro, I'm dying to see pics of ants show, he worked hard!

ct italian 1
03-31-08, 2:50 pm
Thanks man, the fucking kids looked like they were 30...veins everywhere, the muscle maturity of a masters division overall winner, inflated delts, huge foreheads. It was fucking so obvious.

Here are a couple examples:
I'm not in these first two pics, but the two big ones got 1st & 2nd Teen, other kid didn't place Teen.
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3096/n1083210291301123665681pe9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8161/n1083210291301123678555lb9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and here's one of me after prejudging:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3281/l8bc7b6ab470ed6d02c1469ot7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Enforcer
03-31-08, 2:51 pm
enforcer link those pics bro, I'm dying to see pics of ants show, he worked hard!

I got em off of facebook through the Punisher

Pizzalamp
03-31-08, 4:38 pm
woah Ant...u looked great...peeled to the bone, awesome job

lol that one "teen" looked like he was 35

what did u eat after the show??

ct italian 1
03-31-08, 6:17 pm
honestly bro, idk where to start.
ice cream, pizza, chinese dinner, an entire stromboli, over a pound of dried fruit, 3 batches of G Diesel pancakes, skittles, cookies, cake, french toast, hash browns, scrambled eggs, protein bars, over 3 feet of subway, chinese buffet, shakes, calzone, wendy's, etc. etc.
Like seriously probably 30,000 cals+ in 48hrs.

oh, and don't forget coffee cake & baconnn :)!!

Pizzalamp
03-31-08, 6:21 pm
honestly bro, idk where to start.
ice cream, pizza, chinese dinner, an entire stromboli, over a pound of dried fruit, 3 batches of G Diesel pancakes, skittles, cookies, cake, french toast, hash browns, scrambled eggs, protein bars, over 3 feet of subway, chinese buffet, shakes, calzone, wendy's, etc. etc.
Like seriously probably 30,000 cals+ in 48hrs.

NICE

Hard to believe some people eat that stuff everyday all the time

ct italian 1
03-31-08, 6:25 pm
NICE

Hard to believe some people eat that stuff everyday all the time

haha I know right! This week I'm eating whatever I want whenever (was going to stop that sunday night but my trainer said take the entire week to actually try and add a little fat, so I can diet the 5 weeks for the NY State Naturals without losing muscle lol since I am 3% bodyfat. I'm keeping it kind of clean now though with subway and such.

jer
03-31-08, 8:15 pm
That's a serious list of food.

You've got a hell of an appetite.

What are you working out on Saturday?

ct italian 1
03-31-08, 8:53 pm
That's a serious list of food.

You've got a hell of an appetite.

What are you working out on Saturday?

haha ya, I can eat, eat, and eat some more.

to be honest, I don't know yet, probably chest.

ct italian 1
04-01-08, 8:14 am
Today was my first day back in the gym, and what else would I train but Legs?!
I felt a bit sluggish from all the post-contest eating but the pumps were insane and I cannot wait to train shoulders tomorrow!

Sunday I begin dieting again for the NYS Natural and am hoping to hit the stage in even better condition than I had at the Tri-States!

ChandlerXJ
04-01-08, 8:32 am
Today was my first day back in the gym, and what else would I train but Legs?!
I felt a bit sluggish from all the post-contest eating but the pumps were insane and I cannot wait to train shoulders tomorrow!

Sunday I begin dieting again for the NYS Natural and am hoping to hit the stage in even better condition than I had at the Tri-States!

I got your message last night bro, I'm at work now - I got cardio wednesday, so maybe we can put something together for a different time...

I know you're gonna hate hearing this but I think you should hit some low intensity cardio PWO for this show, just to get those glutes coming in better and more leg separation... think about it this way, you didn't have to do cardio for like 10 of your 13 week prep.. haha

naturalguy
04-01-08, 8:44 am
You got your feet wet and your first competion done. Congrats, you've done more than most people.

Don't worry about the other guys your competing against. Bodybuilding is about you versus you. You can't control who shows up on contest day so no sense in spending energy on it. Each show you should look to improve upon your previous best condition, thats the one thing you can control.

This is just the beginning for you, the first step of many.

ct italian 1
04-01-08, 7:20 pm
I got your message last night bro, I'm at work now - I got cardio wednesday, so maybe we can put something together for a different time...

I know you're gonna hate hearing this but I think you should hit some low intensity cardio PWO for this show, just to get those glutes coming in better and more leg separation... think about it this way, you didn't have to do cardio for like 10 of your 13 week prep.. haha

You got your feet wet and your first competion done. Congrats, you've done more than most people.

Don't worry about the other guys your competing against. Bodybuilding is about you versus you. You can't control who shows up on contest day so no sense in spending energy on it. Each show you should look to improve upon your previous best condition, thats the one thing you can control.

This is just the beginning for you, the first step of many.

Thanks guys, and ya, I was doing some light cardio towards the end of my prep (5 weeks out). My problem is partially needing to flex my glutes harder...I sometimes forget on certain poses. But ya, we'll see with this show...trial and error.

ct italian 1
04-03-08, 12:43 pm
Well, I see my trainer this Fri. @ 6. I'll let you all know current weight & bodyfat then.
Sat. I'll be training arms w/ PJ Braun at the ABC Gathering @ Gold's New Haven, CT.
Sun. I'm back on my grind to dominate the NYS Natural in 5 weeks!

jer
04-03-08, 4:55 pm
Well, I see my trainer this Fri. @ 6. I'll let you all know current weight & bodyfat then.
Sat. I'll be training arms w/ PJ Braun at the ABC Gathering @ Gold's New Haven, CT.
Sun. I'm back on my grind to dominate the NYS Natural in 5 weeks!

I don't know if you've ever seen PJ in person, but his arms are like my thighs. lol You're gonna be in for a good one.

ct italian 1
04-03-08, 6:26 pm
I don't know if you've ever seen PJ in person, but his arms are like my thighs. lol You're gonna be in for a good one.

no, I haven't but can't wait! lol

ct italian 1
04-06-08, 9:12 am
Alright, so yesterday was fuckin' sick. I hit up the CT III gathering @ Gold's New Haven which is hands down one of the best gyms ever. I worked in with PJ Braun and his buddy Mark for a killer arm session. Thanks again PJ. Today I got back on my pre-contest diet as it was a week out from my last show, and will follow that this entire week until I meet with my trainer again a week from today to make any necessary adjustments. I definately softened up a bit since last weekend, but my 5 week timeline for this competition will be plenty I'm sure. I'm going to try and update my journey more regularly this time around, so bear with me. It's game time brothers...NYS Natural 34 days and counting.

jer
04-06-08, 10:53 am
Good to see you Ant.

Glad you had a good time yesterday. I had a great workout with Nick and Grant.

PJ is a cool guy and definitely on his way to a pro card soon. Just has to dial it in come show time.

Good luck in the upcoming month, stay strong and focused brother.

Pizzalamp
04-06-08, 12:48 pm
good to see you yesterday ant

best of luck w/ your next show

ct italian 1
04-06-08, 6:00 pm
Good to see you Ant.

Glad you had a good time yesterday. I had a great workout with Nick and Grant.

PJ is a cool guy and definitely on his way to a pro card soon. Just has to dial it in come show time.

Good luck in the upcoming month, stay strong and focused brother.

good to see you yesterday ant

best of luck w/ your next show

thanks guys! I'm in this one even more regimented than the last...something I didn't think was possible. Hell, I'm even counting sugar free gum on my calorie log.

ct italian 1
04-07-08, 10:25 am
So today's my first rest day back on the pre-contest diet, and damn am I tired. I'm drinking black coffee with my larger meals but the calorie defecit is still kickin' my ass. I look at it this way, only 8 more rest days after today until the competition...I'll live.

33 days and counting.

Last show, I eliminated diet soda & splenda 2 weeks out. This time around I am going without for 5 weeks, just for peace of mind. Also, Dietz & Watson (minimally processed) homestyle or lite deli turkey was a staple for my Tri-State diet, but this time I am substituting it with more albacore tuna or steamed tilapia when available. This too is just for peace of mind in knowing that none of my food is processed at all really.

Pizzalamp
04-07-08, 10:32 am
So today's my first rest day back on the pre-contest diet, and damn am I tired. I'm drinking black coffee with my larger meals but the calorie defecit is still kickin' my ass. I look at it this way, only 8 more rest days after today until the competition...I'll live.

33 days and counting.

Last show, I eliminated diet soda & splenda 2 weeks out. This time around I am going without for 5 weeks, just for peace of mind. Also, Dietz & Watson (minimally processed) homestyle or lite deli turkey was a staple for my Tri-State diet, but this time I am substituting it with more albacore tuna or steamed tilapia when available. This too is just for peace of mind in knowing that none of my food is processed at all really.

sounds like youre taking no chances
im excited to hear how u do

ChandlerXJ
04-07-08, 10:36 am
Let's see those legs come in more separated, some glutes, and since its your second time your carb up will be even more dialed in!!

TAKE THE WIN. HARD WORK PAYS OFF.

ct italian 1
04-07-08, 10:39 am
sounds like youre taking no chances
im excited to hear how u do

That's right brother. I'm entering 4 classes...Teen, Juniors, Novice, & Open Middle (IFPA Pro Qualifier). I think it'd be really cool to place in the Open class! Overall Open winner gets a natural pro card.

Pizzalamp
04-07-08, 10:41 am
That's right brother. I'm entering 4 classes...Teen, Juniors, Novice, & Open Middle (IFPA Pro Qualifier). I think it'd be really cool to place in the Open class! Overall Open winner gets a natural pro card.

go into that show thinking positive

ct italian 1
04-07-08, 10:43 am
go into that show thinking positive

no negativity here man so that's a given. I'm going to be even better conditioned on the 10th than I was March 29th.

ct italian 1
04-07-08, 11:42 am
Just finished tallying up my total cals for yesterday...3031.9. Golden.

Almost half of those are coming from carbs too ;)!

ct italian 1
04-07-08, 7:10 pm
Just did my nutrition log for today (a meal early since I know what I'll be eating lol), and total is 2197 cals, with less carbs and protein than a workout day, but an increased amount of fat (in the form of flax oil). These numbers are looking perfect!

ct italian 1
04-08-08, 8:34 am
Today was legs.
Warmed up w/ a few sets of extensions, then banged out 4 or 5 sets of ass-to-the-grass smith machine squats, followed by seated curls and then laying curls with the last set being a dropset. Simple, done in 45min counting the 10min light cardio post-workout. Pounded my Torrent, got my shit together, and went to class.

ChandlerXJ
04-08-08, 10:44 am
I would swap your flax with natty PB or olive oil... flax isn't that great in terms of benefits to calorie ratio, it is poorly converted to whatever the fuck it needs to convert to...

but looks solid man... you're doing good keep at it

Frosty
04-08-08, 10:52 am
wow keep up the hard work... i wanna see a win for your next bb contest!

ct italian 1
04-08-08, 12:11 pm
I would swap your flax with natty PB or olive oil... flax isn't that great in terms of benefits to calorie ratio, it is poorly converted to whatever the fuck it needs to convert to...

but looks solid man... you're doing good keep at it

I do the oilve oil & natty pb off season, prefer the flax while dieting but I'll look into it. Thanks Chandler!

wow keep up the hard work... i wanna see a win for your next bb contest!

thanks man, this is even harder show than my last one, and the Tri-State had some intense competition but I'm going to come in with just skin on top of muscle.

ct italian 1
04-09-08, 11:25 am
Shoulders, Traps, & Abs this morning.
Started with barbell military press, 1 warmup set w/ the bar and then 4 working sets between 8-10 reps.
Arm circles as needed to stretch.
Next was db lateral raises, first set seated, next two standing, 12-15 reps/set.
After that I did bent over rear delt raises w/ head on bench for 3 sets in the same rep range as the lat raises, followed by 3 sets of front raises, first set alternating db, then barbell, then 3rd was db together
For traps, I did 4 sets of bb shrugs, first & last sets 15 reps with lighter weight, and the two middle sets increasing in weight for 8-10 reps.
Next was low pulley rows to neck for 3x12.
For abs, 4 sets of rope cable crunches for 20 reps ea., followed by two 20 rep sets of hanging straight leg raises, and then a drop set of machine crunches to finish it off.
10 min of light cardio and I was out of there.

mk53220
04-12-08, 4:34 pm
Good Luck place high in all contest I bet!

Pizzalamp
04-12-08, 8:56 pm
great workout Ant...looking on point

Young&Hungry
04-12-08, 11:03 pm
Everything's coming together nicely Ant, you are gonna be diced up on that stage brother.

Maccabee
04-12-08, 11:19 pm
Damn bro I can imagine how you feel in school. When I was dieting I was walking around like a zombie. What your doing is really motivational and I am following your log and learning a lot. Peace

ct italian 1
04-13-08, 6:19 pm
Thanks guys, sorry I haven't updated this these past few days but I am completely exhausted. Between finals approaching, work, & my contest prep, my life is nonstop and everything is so regimented it's sickening, but I still love it. My bodyweight has dipped down even further but saw my trainer today and my abs are even leaner than they were at my last show when I was 3.01% bf. I don't care if I even come in as a lightweight, I WILL be the best conditioned...that's my promise to myself.

Pizzalamp
04-13-08, 11:46 pm
Thanks guys, sorry I haven't updated this these past few days but I am completely exhausted. Between finals approaching, work, & my contest prep, my life is nonstop and everything is so regimented it's sickening, but I still love it. My bodyweight has dipped down even further but saw my trainer today and my abs are even leaner than they were at my last show when I was 3.01% bf. I don't care if I even come in as a lightweight, I WILL be the best conditioned...that's my promise to myself.

hell yeah!

ChandlerXJ
04-14-08, 7:26 am
I think you writing down every calorie you eat is sickening... but that's just my opinion haha... you're work is paying off big time dude, can't wait to see what you look like. I will let you know about may 10th by Wednesday this week. Keep up the hard work man!

ct italian 1
04-14-08, 11:21 am
I think you writing down every calorie you eat is sickening... but that's just my opinion haha... you're work is paying off big time dude, can't wait to see what you look like. I will let you know about may 10th by Wednesday this week. Keep up the hard work man!

haha oh it is, I even document when I have salt free/sugar free seasoning on my grilled chicken breast, but I want a complete record. My abs are already .5mm on the caliper leaner than they were the Thurs. before the Tri-State, so I am planning on being truly peeled to the bone for May 10th.

Frosty
04-14-08, 5:47 pm
Hey you are really impressive seeing how motivated and committed you are to this. I am going to start dieting this week and was trying to plan out a diet and workout routine. I was wondering if you could pm me with some advice since you seem pretty experienced in the pre-contest diets.

Pizzalamp
04-14-08, 10:43 pm
haha oh it is, I even document when I have salt free/sugar free seasoning on my grilled chicken breast, but I want a complete record. My abs are already .5mm on the caliper leaner than they were the Thurs. before the Tri-State, so I am planning on being truly peeled to the bone for May 10th.

damn

ct italian 1
04-15-08, 6:03 am
Today's back & calves...just pounded my pre-workout shake, time to hit the IRON!

ChandlerXJ
04-15-08, 7:04 am
I think off season you should train later on in the day man... you should take advantage of the extra rest - get the body pumping for a good few hour before you hit the iron. That's how I like my off season.

ct italian 1
04-15-08, 7:41 am
I think off season you should train later on in the day man... you should take advantage of the extra rest - get the body pumping for a good few hour before you hit the iron. That's how I like my off season.

Last off season I did exactly that for the first few months, then switched to mornings. ...and I got hooked. Empty weight room, clear mind, spiked test levels, and total focus on the task at hand. I may try afternoons again this summer depending on my work schedule. Also, my current job is lots of lifting and moving around, so by training before, I don't sacrifice any of my strength where I would if I went to the gym after work.

Enforcer
04-15-08, 8:22 am
Today's back & calves...just pounded my pre-workout shake, time to hit the IRON!

Can't wait to c what u have in store for this workout. Also jw what kind of tanning lotion do u use in order to get dark for a show?

ct italian 1
04-15-08, 8:27 am
Can't wait to c what u have in store for this workout

my school gym is seriously lacking in equipment so I hate doing back here. But I basically went around and did whatever I felt like, including bent over (parallel) bb rows, one arm rows, lat row machine, pulldowns, and a variation of pulldowns on the cable crossover. hit calves w/ 6 sets of standing calf raises, did my cardio and I was outta there.

I actually decided yesterday to compete in the 2008 Fitness Atlantic April 26th in East Haven, CT. Huge show, 120+ competitors already and far from natural as advertised but we'll see how I do. Let me know if any of you want to come out and support, I heard Musclemania is a great time.

ct italian 1
04-16-08, 5:49 pm
Today was shoulders, 10 days out from Musclemania!
good pumps, lookin' full, layed out in the sun after and was getting some looks from the ladies 8-) therefore I say today was a success.

Pizzalamp
04-16-08, 9:53 pm
Today was shoulders, 10 days out from Musclemania!
good pumps, lookin' full, layed out in the sun after and was getting some looks from the ladies 8-) therefore I say today was a success.

NICE

i need a tan like u ant

ct italian 1
04-17-08, 9:19 am
NICE

i need a tan like u ant

haha, I feel pale after seeing myself all painted up w/ protan & dream tan haha.

ChandlerXJ
04-17-08, 9:25 am
got your message last night - I can't get Friday off of work, but I can leave right after, however, I think it's a 4-5 hour drive from where I work, so I don't know if I will be able to make it out for that reason.

Let me know what you're thinking...

Good luck at MuscleMania dude, I don't know anyone else in their right mind besides you who seems to enjoy dieting for extended periods of time like you do!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

COME IN HARDER, DRIER, AND FULLER!

ct italian 1
04-17-08, 10:04 am
got your message last night - I can't get Friday off of work, but I can leave right after, however, I think it's a 4-5 hour drive from where I work, so I don't know if I will be able to make it out for that reason.

Let me know what you're thinking...

Good luck at MuscleMania dude, I don't know anyone else in their right mind besides you who seems to enjoy dieting for extended periods of time like you do!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

COME IN HARDER, DRIER, AND FULLER!

thanks bro, I just love being shredded and figured while I was dieting might as well take advantage by doing as many shows as I can afford to. a 4-5hr drive would be insane bro. Thanks man, and don't worry about not being able to make the May 10th show. I'll find a buddy to go up and help out. I appreciate you trying man! I'm already harder, drier, & fuller than I was for the TriState so we'll see at Musclemania!

ChandlerXJ
04-17-08, 10:14 am
The fact that the show is called "musclemania" and that they will probably have "musclemania" shirts for sale is a reason to compete in itself! It's a fucking mania of muscle!

ct italian 1
04-17-08, 1:20 pm
The fact that the show is called "musclemania" and that they will probably have "musclemania" shirts for sale is a reason to compete in itself! It's a fucking mania of muscle!

hahaha, so true.

ct italian 1
04-18-08, 4:19 pm
Rest day today, already drank 1/2gallon black iced coffee lol. Don't worry, still guzzling down the water as well. Needless to say, I'm fucking wired.

ChandlerXJ
04-18-08, 4:21 pm
REST DAY??!! You wake up at the ass crack of dawn to train... do you wake up at the ass crack of dawn to rest? I hope you got sleep bro!!

ct italian 1
04-19-08, 10:53 am
REST DAY??!! You wake up at the ass crack of dawn to train... do you wake up at the ass crack of dawn to rest? I hope you got sleep bro!!

no, I'm still up at 5:30 on rest days for my first meal haha.

ChandlerXJ
04-22-08, 10:08 am
when does your off-season start man... you're dieting forever lol haha

ct italian 1
04-22-08, 5:40 pm
when does your off-season start man... you're dieting forever lol haha

after finals on May 10th lol. I was going to do another show in Sept. but I think I'm done for this year after the NYS Natural. I'll come back on stage at 21 to dominate the Junior class w/ more mass.

Frosty
04-24-08, 3:52 pm
Hey do u have any pictures? Curious to see the difference in how cut you are between your last two shows... and how strict dieting pays off.

ct italian 1
04-25-08, 11:37 am
I'll have pictures tomorrow night after Musclemania.
def. harder leaner & fuller for this show and not weighing much less, maybe only 2 lb difference, if that.

ChandlerXJ
04-25-08, 11:56 am
GOOD LUCK tomorrow buddy - my man Keith is competing too, donno what class... he's gotta be in his early 40's, his muscles are mature as hell - nice guy too - I told him to look out for you man!

I expect good things of you buddy, can't wait til' you text me the results! When you moving home for summer?

ct italian 1
04-25-08, 5:50 pm
GOOD LUCK tomorrow buddy - my man Keith is competing too, donno what class... he's gotta be in his early 40's, his muscles are mature as hell - nice guy too - I told him to look out for you man!

I expect good things of you buddy, can't wait til' you text me the results! When you moving home for summer?

May 7th is my last day in Springfield. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm going to bring it home in Juniors. My conditioning is better than the Tri-States for sure. I filled out overnight...literally.

ct italian 1
04-26-08, 9:39 am
Alright guys, I'm off to the 2008 Musclemania Fitness Atlantic in East Haven, CT to compete in the Men Junior Bodybuilding (23 years old & younger) division! 14 guys in my class incl. me, top 5 make finals. Wish me luck! I'll be on stage next to some BIG boys.

Pizzalamp
04-26-08, 11:38 am
good luck ant !!

ct italian 1
04-27-08, 7:10 pm
So, Musclemania was quite the experience. Prejudging ran over 3 hours late, so everybody's meal timing was fucked up, including my own. My class was 14 guys ages 23 & under with me being the youngest at 19. I did not place Top 5, but will find out soon what I did get out of the 14. I know I beat some, so def. not 14th, haha well I hope. Lots of steroids, which I expected. I think there is no such thing as a 100% natural show.

Pizzalamp
04-27-08, 7:17 pm
So, Musclemania was quite the experience. Prejudging ran over 3 hours late, so everybody's meal timing was fucked up, including my own. My class was 14 guys ages 23 & under with me being the youngest at 19. I did not place Top 5, but will find out soon what I did get out of the 14. I know I beat some, so def. not 14th, haha well I hope. Lots of steroids, which I expected. I think there is no such thing as a 100% natural show.

looks like another great learning experience Ant

Good job! Any pics for us to see?

joelast
04-27-08, 8:53 pm
Just read this entire thing bro, some seriously good shit on here. Always like reading about someone from CT. This your first year at springfield?

ct italian 1
04-28-08, 10:08 am
looks like another great learning experience Ant

Good job! Any pics for us to see?

not yet, once again the ones my mom took came out blurry & terrible :(. sucks because there were some great shots too! but I will be getting some soon from other people who captured a few.

Just read this entire thing bro, some seriously good shit on here. Always like reading about someone from CT. This your first year at springfield?

thanks! yes, just finishing up my freshman year.

Right now I am just eager to see how I placed out of the 14. Some VERY hard competition. 100% focused still on May 10th...New York Natural babyyy!!

Enforcer
04-28-08, 1:53 pm

fuck it bro. U know that you worked your ass off for the show and that is all that matters. plus you know that you are doing it naturally- so more respect goes out to you just for that. You are still so young. You are gonna do some serious damage in this sport- trust me.

ct italian 1
04-28-08, 2:29 pm
fuck it bro. U know that you worked your ass off for the show and that is all that matters. plus you know that you are doing it naturally- so more respect goes out to you just for that. You are still so young. You are gonna do some serious damage in this sport- trust me.

thanks bro, and ya, I'm just going to keep hittin' 'em hard, even though some days I don't even feel like moving from my chair my body is so run down by now...going on 18 weeks. After May 10th, it is off season and time to grow! Then I'll come back in a year or so, bigger and better. Competing Juniors when you're still a teen is rough.

ChandlerXJ
04-28-08, 2:33 pm
thanks bro, and ya, I'm just going to keep hittin' 'em hard, even though some days I don't even feel like moving from my chair my body is so run down by now...going on 18 weeks. After May 10th, it is off season and time to grow! Then I'll come back in a year or so, bigger and better. Competing Juniors when you're still a teen is rough.

1.5 years at least man, you gotta stop torturing yourself! haha

ct italian 1
04-28-08, 2:48 pm
1.5 years at least man, you gotta stop torturing yourself! haha

I just fell in love w/ the stage. But, I need the growth so we'll say Spring 2010 I'll be back.

Enforcer
04-28-08, 2:50 pm

Def bro. I hear ya. But you have nothing but my upmost respect for attempting it

ct italian 1
04-28-08, 3:09 pm
Def bro. I hear ya. But you have nothing but my upmost respect for attempting it

It's appreciated. I'm wearing the animal skull cap w/ pride backstage may 10th.

ct italian 1
04-30-08, 10:16 am
Still waiting on pictures & results from Musclemania last Saturday...

Started keeping a training log again this week, so when I have time (most likely after my May 10th show) I'll start posting them up on here so you can see how I train. 10 days 'til the New York Natural!

ChandlerXJ
04-30-08, 10:47 am
keep hitting it hard bro... off season is just days away.

ct italian 1
04-30-08, 10:48 am
keep hitting it hard bro... off season is just days away.

you're going to slap me, but I'm doing another show after May 10th lmao. Sept. 13th...do it w/ me. Gives me a couple months of off season before I have to start dieting again in probably July.

ChandlerXJ
04-30-08, 10:51 am
you're going to slap me, but I'm doing another show after May 10th lmao. Sept. 13th...do it w/ me. Gives me a couple months of off season before I have to start dieting again in probably July.

Where is it... kinda a long 8 week gap between July 26th and September 13th... haha It would be like torture for me bro! thats fucking 30 weeks of dieting! lol

ct italian 1
04-30-08, 11:04 am
Where is it... kinda a long 8 week gap between July 26th and September 13th... haha It would be like torture for me bro! thats fucking 30 weeks of dieting! lol

It's in Southington, CT. OCB Northern Atlantic States. You could stay at my house the night before if you wanted, I live a short distance away from the venue and drug testing is held at my gym the day before. Don't bitch out, you can do it!! haha, take a week or two off, then get back on your diet.

ChandlerXJ
04-30-08, 11:09 am
tempting, but I've already got off-season eating commitments... hahaha ahhhhh... dude you're a nut man, I can't believe you're doing another show.. what are you doing between the 10th and the sept show in terms of eating? a few weeks off I hope!?

ct italian 1
04-30-08, 11:19 am
tempting, but I've already got off-season eating commitments... hahaha ahhhhh... dude you're a nut man, I can't believe you're doing another show.. what are you doing between the 10th and the sept show in terms of eating? a few weeks off I hope!?

what am I doing? blowing up like a balloon lmao, then starting my prep in July probably. and you can eat for a few weeks...then get back on your diet and enter =). come on...

ChandlerXJ
04-30-08, 1:06 pm
haha well see.. but probably not haha

ct italian 1
04-30-08, 1:08 pm
haha well see.. but probably not haha

ah watch...you'll do your shows this summer and get addicted like I did.

ChandlerXJ
04-30-08, 1:28 pm
I'm actually putting my eggs in one basket, not doing the NPC...

1. I'm natural, it's a natural show, but you know things go in the NPC, a lot worse than OCB! You've felt it first hand... you would have placed 2nd or even 1st in your first show!

2. Money... you've also felt this first hand... entrance fees, federation costs, drug testing costs, contest class costs... tanning... time off of work...

I'll think about it though.. OCB is a good place, a good place for naturals to do some damage... lots of OCB professionals making good $$ on endorsements. I'll be a member so doing the show is a matter of dieting for a little longer and being motivated to do it!

ct italian 1
04-30-08, 2:21 pm
I'm actually putting my eggs in one basket, not doing the NPC...

1. I'm natural, it's a natural show, but you know things go in the NPC, a lot worse than OCB! You've felt it first hand... you would have placed 2nd or even 1st in your first show!

2. Money... you've also felt this first hand... entrance fees, federation costs, drug testing costs, contest class costs... tanning... time off of work...

I'll think about it though.. OCB is a good place, a good place for naturals to do some damage... lots of OCB professionals making good $$ on endorsements. I'll be a member so doing the show is a matter of dieting for a little longer and being motivated to do it!

You've summed up many of my own feelings. Musclemania is "natural" as well...what a joke that is. Entry fees, drug testing, tanning, missed work, etc. are also all very expensive. Doing the fitness atlantic was great experience but I probably should have just saved my money, having had to join that organization, where if I had done another OCB show, I'm already a member. It cost me $135 to compete in one class last weekend, only to be beat by steroid users. May 10th is costing me $115 to do four classes, since 1. it was cheaper 2. I already belong to the OCB.

ct italian 1
04-30-08, 5:09 pm
So all of the Musclemania results are posted online now, except for bodybuilding. Bikini, Figure, Fitness, & Model are all up but it says the bodybuilding results will take another 10 working days while they wait for the drug test results to come back.
ahhh the suspense is killing me.

Pizzalamp
05-01-08, 11:40 pm
It's in Southington, CT. OCB Northern Atlantic States. You could stay at my house the night before if you wanted, I live a short distance away from the venue and drug testing is held at my gym the day before. Don't bitch out, you can do it!! haha, take a week or two off, then get back on your diet.

being i live in a bubble and i dont like to drive outside of ct...this looks like i could hopefully come out and support you ant!

ct italian 1
05-02-08, 5:54 am
being i live in a bubble and i dont like to drive outside of ct...this looks like i could hopefully come out and support you ant!

That'd be sick! I'm still not 100% sure if I am doing it or not. I'm actually waiting to hear from PJ about training me...My trainer now is great but you can never learn enough in this sport so I want to work w/ Braun and see where I get.

ct italian 1
05-02-08, 5:57 pm
So as of today, bodyweight is at 160lbs, UNDER 3% bodyfat! My trainer didn't give me the percentage yet, but all 7 sites are at or even below where they were for the OCB Tri-States on 03/29 when I was 3.01%. My abs are over a full mm leaner!! I can't wait to find out what the exact bodyfat percentage is!

Pizzalamp
05-02-08, 6:24 pm
That'd be sick! I'm still not 100% sure if I am doing it or not. I'm actually waiting to hear from PJ about training me...My trainer now is great but you can never learn enough in this sport so I want to work w/ Braun and see where I get.
cool!!

So as of today, bodyweight is at 160lbs, UNDER 3% bodyfat! My trainer didn't give me the percentage yet, but all 7 sites are at or even below where they were for the OCB Tri-States on 03/29 when I was 3.01%. My abs are over a full mm leaner!! I can't wait to find out what the exact bodyfat percentage is!

wow!

ct italian 1
05-02-08, 6:57 pm
And if this isn't heartbreaking...I just happened to notice the score sheet for my March 29th show, and I was tied for 3rd place Teen, but the head judge's score broke the tie, putting me in 4th. And for the 101 class, I was ONE JUDGE'S POINT away from 5th place (and a trophy) instead of 6th. fuck. I definately had both of those guys beat too!

still waiting for musclemania results...

Pizzalamp
05-02-08, 7:07 pm
And if this isn't heartbreaking...I just happened to notice the score sheet for my March 29th show, and I was tied for 3rd place Teen, but the head judge's score broke the tie, putting me in 4th. And for the 101 class, I was ONE JUDGE'S POINT away from 5th place (and a trophy) instead of 6th. fuck. I definately had both of those guys beat too!

still waiting for musclemania results...

damn ant...
ive been checking for the results too

ct italian 1
05-03-08, 6:26 am
damn ant...
ive been checking for the results too

I'm set for the NYS Natural next weekend though!

Pizzalamp
05-03-08, 12:09 pm
I'm set for the NYS Natural next weekend though!

nice man

ct italian 1
05-03-08, 12:45 pm
Experimenting w/ my carbs & sodium beginning last night...pretending the show is Sunday. I'm curious to see how I look, that way I can use these techniques later this week to try and peak for Saturday's show.

ct italian 1
05-03-08, 2:20 pm
Starting to feel really good about May 10th...
my sodium "experiment" is over...levels may change during the week depending on how I look.

Will know tomorrow my game plan for "peak week"

Phenom
05-03-08, 2:34 pm
Hey man, great log you got goin here...I'd also come out and support ya this summer, that is, if i have any free time. Good luck

ct italian 1
05-03-08, 3:26 pm
Hey man, great log you got goin here...I'd also come out and support ya this summer, that is, if i have any free time. Good luck

thanks brother, I wish I could update it more but it's really hard w/ school, work, etc.
hopefully I'll have daily workout logs up this off season.

Phenom
05-04-08, 5:36 pm
thanks brother, I wish I could update it more but it's really hard w/ school, work, etc.
hopefully I'll have daily workout logs up this off season.

Yea, I hear ya..I got finals this week so I won't know If I can even get any lifting in this week.

ct italian 1
05-05-08, 5:46 am
Yea, I hear ya..I got finals this week so I won't know If I can even get any lifting in this week.

Not me, I'd rather be late for an exam than miss my workout/meal.

ct italian 1
05-05-08, 3:49 pm
Last night was miserable, today the same. My body is starting to fight back...guess it doesn't like being below 3% bodyfat. I'm either really hot or extremely cold, sore, tired, and experiencing a host of other long-term dieting "side effects". 5 more days...I will prevail.

ChandlerXJ
05-05-08, 4:32 pm
You're INSANE. Period.

Good luck this weekend - make sure you do your usual chandler texting post show - we gotta train soon man... it's been a rough few weeks too, between not getting enough sleep, work, and a death of a close family friend it's been tough! No doubt we will prevail bro... keep it up, you're an inspiration to all us natties.

ct italian 1
05-05-08, 4:38 pm
You're INSANE. Period.

Good luck this weekend - make sure you do your usual chandler texting post show - we gotta train soon man... it's been a rough few weeks too, between not getting enough sleep, work, and a death of a close family friend it's been tough! No doubt we will prevail bro... keep it up, you're an inspiration to all us natties.

thanks bro & sorry to hear about your friend. anything you need, I'm a call (or text) away...I've been through a lot myself. We'll def. train soon. I'm back in the gym for my first workout of off season (for real this time, no more last minute decisions to keep competing lol) May 12th. Starting off w/ Legs...

ct italian 1
05-06-08, 7:52 am
So here it is, my final back session before I kill it at the NYS Natural this Saturday...
Started off with some wide grip pullups, then 5 sets of high rep, reverse grip bent-over rows (one of my personal favorite exercises besides the deadlift...what I really attribute my developed lower lats to!), then was the compound row machine just dickin' around...gettin' a pump, finished w/ a few sets of pulldowns and one hell of a pump.
Did some db calf raises, 10min cardio, and I was out. As I type this my entire upper body is blown up like a fucking balloon!

ChandlerXJ
05-06-08, 9:58 am
LOOKS AWESOME MAN THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT TOO!

Are you working with PJ for this one?

What's your carb up going to look like?

I bet you're gonna have the best cheat week of all time bro!

ct italian 1
05-06-08, 2:06 pm
LOOKS AWESOME MAN THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT TOO!

Are you working with PJ for this one?

What's your carb up going to look like?

I bet you're gonna have the best cheat week of all time bro!

still working w/ the same trainer as before, most likely will start introducing more carbs in the form of oats thurs. night through friday, getting on a water pill tomorrow w/ breakfast. sat. will probably be bites of chicken & rice cakes w/ pb&j. It's getting bad dude, I seriously feel like I'm dying right now...more so than any other point during this entire contest prep (from Jan. 1st).

ct italian 1
05-07-08, 9:33 am
As I have mentioned many times before, I train entirely by feel...no set routine, just a split I follow. Monday, I will be starting a "routine" for the first time in a while.
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=48

I've messed around with a few of the Animal Pak routines in the past with great results, so I figure I'll give this one a try. It's different enough from what I usually do now, therefore should shock my body a great deal (I currently train 5x/week, rest monday & friday, chest & abs - sat., legs - sun., back & calves - tues., shoulders, traps, & abs - wed., arms - thurs.). I like volume training, and this routine calls for 5 sets/exercise. Lower reps than what I'm doing currently, and only 4 days/week. I also like how deads & shrugs are on their own day...along with having another back day. I'm expecting some serious gains from this type of training while combined with my high-cal off season diet. Expecting my off season weight to increase by a solid 10-15 pounds this year while staying under 10% bodyfat again.

ct italian 1
05-07-08, 9:44 am
As far as off season supplements go, I am planning on continuing to use Torrent (after I use up my bulk unflavored WMS from last off season, mixed w/ 2 scoops whey & 5g creatine mono. post-workout), Pak obviously, my N.O. product 30min pre, 100% whey pre-workout, and EAA Nitro (during workout) if budget permits. I also have a couple open tubs of muscle milk & some 100% casein I'll throw down before bed until they're all gone haha. Then it's Real Gains! Flex would help (my joints are already fucked @ 19 years old haha) and contemplating running two cans of Test followed by M-Stak if there is money left over lol.

ct italian 1
05-07-08, 10:12 pm
So today, I look sick...dry, full, hard, & veiny. My conditioning just keeps on getting better! I cannot wait for Sat. started adding carbs w/ dinner tonight, didnt touch water or sodium. I filled right out already.

Pizzalamp
05-08-08, 12:20 am
So today, I look sick...dry, full, hard, & veiny. My conditioning just keeps on getting better! I cannot wait for Sat. started adding carbs w/ dinner tonight, didnt touch water or sodium. I filled right out already.

this is good news!

ct italian 1
05-08-08, 8:33 am
this is good news!

I'm praying somehow their scale is a couple pounds lighter and I make lightweights! Otherwise I am going to get murdered in Open Middleweight @ 5'11" lol.

ct italian 1
05-09-08, 9:47 am
Ok, so the packing for NY has begun...rice cakes: check., chicken: check., natural peanut butter: check., preserves: check., snickers minis (what I use to carb up right before going on stage): check =)., supplements: check., etc.
along with the clothes, tanning supplies, posing suits, meals for today, cheat food for the ride home (went shopping w/ my buddy yesterday. result was well over $30 worth of Cap'n Crunch cereal, pop-tarts, snack pack pudding, tropical trail mix, beef jerky, candy fruit slices (50 calories EACH SLICE!!), etc. and that was buying it at Wal-Mart), etc.!

My plan for the Cap'n Crunch is as follows:
5 gallon pail + gallon skim milk + 21oz box cereal + soup ladel = one big fuckin' bowl of sweetened corn & oat cereal!! And no, I'm not joking.

Back in Feb. or so I had a nightmare about the "cap'n" so it's only right that I battle him now first thing in the off season.

Pizzalamp
05-09-08, 9:27 pm
I'm praying somehow their scale is a couple pounds lighter and I make lightweights! Otherwise I am going to get murdered in Open Middleweight @ 5'11" lol.
good luck ant!

Ok, so the packing for NY has begun...rice cakes: check., chicken: check., natural peanut butter: check., preserves: check., snickers minis (what I use to carb up right before going on stage): check =)., supplements: check., etc.
along with the clothes, tanning supplies, posing suits, meals for today, cheat food for the ride home (went shopping w/ my buddy yesterday. result was well over $30 worth of Cap'n Crunch cereal, pop-tarts, snack pack pudding, tropical trail mix, beef jerky, candy fruit slices (50 calories EACH SLICE!!), etc. and that was buying it at Wal-Mart), etc.!

My plan for the Cap'n Crunch is as follows:
5 gallon pail + gallon skim milk + 21oz box cereal + soup ladel = one big fuckin' bowl of sweetened corn & oat cereal!! And no, I'm not joking.

Back in Feb. or so I had a nightmare about the "cap'n" so it's only right that I battle him now first thing in the off season.

wow that sounds great...i love capn crunch, i havent had it in years...i remember peanut butter crunch was great...i also loved count chocula, golden ghrams, cocoa pebbles, cocoa puffs

we should get together some night for a cheat meal when u get back to the nutmeg state...im a big sushi nut

ct italian 1
05-10-08, 5:07 am
good luck ant!

wow that sounds great...i love capn crunch, i havent had it in years...i remember peanut butter crunch was great...i also loved count chocula, golden ghrams, cocoa pebbles, cocoa puffs

we should get together some night for a cheat meal when u get back to the nutmeg state...im a big sushi nut

grant, if we had a cheat meal it'd be dangerous...haha.

ct italian 1
05-10-08, 5:10 am
So I could barely sleep last night. Aside from waking up to piss 3-4 times, the suspense is killin' me. I woke up this morning looking amazing. Overnight it was just like wow. I'm harder than nails, striated and full. I got this today brothers. Weighed in last night as a middleweight...I wanted to weigh in this morning but they made me do it last night since that's when my drug test was. I was 9lbs away from lightweights haha. Who knows though...that was right after a ton of water & meal. Maybe I would have made lights this morning but whatever, I'm taking home some metal regardless because I busted my fucking ass for 18 weeks and the end result is nothing but victory.

Pizzalamp
05-11-08, 12:19 am
rock on

ct italian 1
05-11-08, 2:22 am
Too tired to type it all out now but I took home a trophy in each class I entered (four diff. ones, incl. a pro qualifier...Men's Open Middleweight which I placed 4th in!)
more info and pics to come soon.

ct italian 1
05-11-08, 10:14 am
Results:
Teen - Finalist
Novice 'B' - Finalist
Juniors - 5th Place
Open Middleweight 'A' - 4th Place

I think it's almost comical that I did better in the two harder divisions than the easier, smaller ones. Open was a pro qualifier...lots of talent in that class (I was also the youngest).

Pizzalamp
05-11-08, 10:42 am
Results:
Teen - Finalist
Novice 'B' - Finalist
Juniors - 5th Place
Open Middleweight 'A' - 4th Place

I think it's almost comical that I did better in the two harder divisions than the easier, smaller ones. Open was a pro qualifier...lots of talent in that class (I was also the youngest).

very cool ant! proud of ya!

im good any sunday night for sushi...next week could work

ct italian 1
05-11-08, 12:27 pm
very cool ant! proud of ya!

im good any sunday night for sushi...next week could work

thanks, sweet. any all you can eat places around?

Pizzalamp
05-11-08, 7:32 pm

im gonna look into it

jer
05-11-08, 7:53 pm

I know of one in Hamden called Sushi Palace. It's on Dixwell Ave. I think it's $18-19 and the menu is pretty good, food is good as well.

ct italian 1
05-12-08, 9:48 am
I know of one in Hamden called Sushi Palace. It's on Dixwell Ave. I think it's $18-19 and the menu is pretty good, food is good as well.

nice! I went to a chinese buffet in Torrington yesterday that has all-you-can-eat fresh sushi, and it was great. really fresh tasting. Think I paid like $15 for a sunday and it's an all-you-can-eat chinese buffet as well, not just sushi.

ct italian 1
05-12-08, 9:55 am
Started my off-season today.
Back, Bis, & Abs accompanied by what will be around 4200 clean cals by the end of today.
Workout:
Behind-the-neck pulldowns
40x15
80x10
100x6
120x3
90x8
40x40
Front Lat Pulldowns
80x10
100x6
110x5
120x3
50x20
T-Bar Rows
75x10
125x8
175x3
150x7
100x12
Hammer Strength Preacher Curl
50x12
100x5
100x3
100x3
50x20
Alternate Seated DB Curls
30x8
35x6
40x2
35x4
25x15
Ab Crunch Machine
75x50
95x15
90x15
Hanging Leg Raises
BWx20
BWx20

I'm rehabing my strength from the diet so hopefully I'll get these numbers up again soon. This may seem like really high volume, but I will only be training 4 days/week as of now, the sets are mostly all low-rep, and I leave rest times minimal so this entire workout took me about 45 minutes.

Pizzalamp
05-12-08, 10:19 am
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/NYC%20ABC/NYCABC002Small.jpg

ant what were u doing in ny yesterday?

ChandlerXJ
05-12-08, 10:23 am

thats an ant clone... haha adam and glen are repping the deads hahafunny shit!

ct italian 1
05-12-08, 2:03 pm
thats an ant clone... haha adam and glen are repping the deads hahafunny shit!

wtf yo, I knew I had a fan club but Ant clones?!

ChandlerXJ
05-12-08, 2:58 pm
haha - bro how's the off season feel? post up your diet so I can cry :( haha

jer
05-12-08, 3:20 pm

lol. From the farther away pics I thought that way Ant too.

ct italian 1
05-12-08, 6:23 pm
diet is as follows:
preworkout -
1 scoop whey
2c 100% OJ
fruit (this morning I had 1c cut fresh pineapple)
during workout -
2 tbsp gatorade powder
bcaas
postworkout -
Torrent
fruit
breakfast -
12oz liq egg whites
10 raw almonds
1c raw oats
fruit
lunch -
6oz 93% lean ground beef
lg. sweet potato
serving greens
fruit
snack -
2 scoops muscle milk
12oz skim milk
dinner #1 -
same as lunch
dinner #2 -
same as lunch but tuna or chicken instead of ground beef
before bed -
same as snack

ct italian 1
05-12-08, 6:28 pm
I am still having my fair share of cheat food though. Today is probably closer to 6000cals...

jer
05-12-08, 9:02 pm
I am still having my fair share of cheat food though. Today is probably closer to 6000cals...

That's a shit ton of calories.

Happy growing season Ant.

ct italian 1
05-13-08, 5:57 am
That's a shit ton of calories.

Happy growing season Ant.

haha the boy's gotta grow somehow. no better way then low rep sets & an assload of cals.

Pizzalamp
05-14-08, 12:20 am
gotta stay anabolic...me likey lots of food

ct italian 1
05-14-08, 8:44 am
Ok, it's getting serious now...
Just placed my order for 2 cans of Test, & 1 of M-Stak.

Animal supps + Animal training + Animal eating = Animal me =)

ChandlerXJ
05-14-08, 11:30 am
Ok, it's getting serious now...
Just placed my order for 2 cans of Test, & 1 of M-Stak.

Animal supps + Animal training + Animal eating = Animal me =)

You're not 21! Call the cops! Haha...

Bro, I'm not letting you diet until at least NEXT December haha

ct italian 1
05-14-08, 5:30 pm
You're not 21! Call the cops! Haha...

Bro, I'm not letting you diet until at least NEXT December haha

haha I am competing again this fall =x

ct italian 1
05-15-08, 8:59 am
So today was leg day after restin' up yesterday.
I'll post my workout this afternoon sometime.
I was very tired, slept over a friend's house and she woke me up every like hour haha.
So when I got up at 5:30 to head over to the gym, I dragged her along. She has an audition for Playboy in July so she wants to lose a few pounds (coming from a girl who is 5'2", 110lbs haha). I had her doing barbell squats, curls, & extensions...now I will probably get a call tomorrow saying she can't walk haha.

ChandlerXJ
05-15-08, 10:28 am
First of all, all auditionees for play boy need to be approved by me, so hook her up with my number. Haha...

Secondly... fall? Are you serious!!?!??? Dude, take the time and put on the 20 pounds you wanna put on! You're insane! But in all seriousness, I support you big time, what are the details of the show, I really want to try my best to make it out to this one, as long as it's not 4 hours away haha.

ct italian 1
05-15-08, 11:04 am
First of all, all auditionees for play boy need to be approved by me, so hook her up with my number. Haha...

Secondly... fall? Are you serious!!?!??? Dude, take the time and put on the 20 pounds you wanna put on! You're insane! But in all seriousness, I support you big time, what are the details of the show, I really want to try my best to make it out to this one, as long as it's not 4 hours away haha.

haha, nahh, I already approved her and I'll probably do two shows, Sept. 13th in CT and Oct. 4th I believe in NY.

ChandlerXJ
05-15-08, 11:25 am
haha, nahh, I already approved her and I'll probably do two shows, Sept. 13th in CT and Oct. 4th I believe in NY.

where in CT

jer
05-15-08, 11:25 am
I was very tired, slept over a friend's house and she woke me up every like hour haha.
So when I got up at 5:30 to head over to the gym, I dragged her along. She has an audition for Playboy in July so she wants to lose a few pounds (coming from a girl who is 5'2", 110lbs haha). I had her doing barbell squats, curls, & extensions...now I will probably get a call tomorrow saying she can't walk haha.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna need some pix to confirm this. lol Nothing dirty, a nice pic of the two of you will do.

jer
05-15-08, 11:27 am

Jesus Ant. You think you might take a break after those 2 shows to grow a little? You must be a little sick in the head to diet that much. lol

ct italian 1
05-15-08, 4:09 pm
where in CT

Southington

I'm pretty sure we're gonna need some pix to confirm this. lol Nothing dirty, a nice pic of the two of you will do.

haha, I'll try and get one when I go back over there tonight.

Jesus Ant. You think you might take a break after those 2 shows to grow a little? You must be a little sick in the head to diet that much. lol

haha, my brain is fried from dieting for so long. I'm already making sick gains for a week post-contest.

Pizzalamp
05-15-08, 4:11 pm

good times...good time

ct italian 1
05-15-08, 4:13 pm
good times...good time

It was hillarious working out w/ her because were stopping their workouts just to watch her lmao.

Pizzalamp
05-15-08, 4:15 pm
It was hillarious working out w/ her because were stopping their workouts just to watch her lmao.

weeeeeeeeell...thats all well and good ant...but im really gonna need photo proof of this mysterious playboy model youre friends with...lol

ct italian 1
05-15-08, 5:13 pm
weeeeeeeeell...thats all well and good ant...but im really gonna need photo proof of this mysterious playboy model youre friends with...lol

haha she's not playboy yet, she has her audition in like 6 weeks. but ya, I'll get a pic haha!

ct italian 1
05-16-08, 6:44 pm
ok, so I've gained 15lbs or so since last Sat. =) haha.
I wonder what my bodyfat is now...

ct italian 1
05-17-08, 9:33 am
more like 10lbs solid gain, the rest was bloat I guess.
Ive still been picking on junk food, but that's going to stop today.
trained this morning w/ the girl again...trying to teach her deadlifts was a disaster.
Only pulled 315 for a few today, depressing because I was up to 385 a few months ago.
Then again I'm tired & was distracted :) haha.

she started to complain that her hands hurt and only wanted to shrug w/ a 15 in each hand, and deadlifted 20lb db's haha.

ct italian 1
05-18-08, 9:00 am
I'm still eating huge, taking full advantage before I have to start dieting again in probably July. Also, I've been working a lot now that I'm home from school so the extra cals are def. needed to help w/ my recovery. Tomorrow I'm training legs again with that girl, switchin' up the split from last week. Or...I may train chest & tri's while she does triceps and shoulders or something since because of her implants I guess she can't train chest? idk

jer
05-18-08, 11:15 am
Still gonna need those pix. lol

Enjoy the food Ant, you deserve it.

Pizzalamp
05-18-08, 5:28 pm
eat up Ant!!!

ct italian 1
05-18-08, 5:46 pm
I know, I totally forgot when I was over her house Thurs. night-Fri. a.m.
You will get them, don't worry haha.

I already feel sloppy from all the food haha.

ct italian 1
05-18-08, 8:14 pm
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6157/nysnaturalsidetricepsp5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6157/nysnaturalsidetricepsp5.dce0602897.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=181&i=nysnaturalsidetricepsp5.jpg)

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4852/nysnaturalcrabid1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4852/nysnaturalcrabid1.c32f810f2a.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=263&i=nysnaturalcrabid1.jpg)

Here are two shots from my show on the 10th (New York State Natural) during Finals AFTER I had eaten a ton of junk food and drank a 32oz diet dew haha.

Pizzalamp
05-19-08, 9:27 pm
great pics my friend...u look shredded

ct italian 1
05-20-08, 1:10 am
great pics my friend...u look shredded

thanks bro, I was pleased w/ my conditioning.

Pizzalamp
05-20-08, 1:13 am
thanks bro, I was pleased w/ my conditioning.

why are we up so late? dont we need rest to grow?! lol

ct italian 1
05-20-08, 9:26 am
why are we up so late? dont we need rest to grow?! lol

dude, I've been slacking on the rest big time lately, it sucks. I've been seeing that girl everyday and it's messing w/ my schedule. I need the break though after 18 weeks of not being out past 9:30 haha. I am 19...

ChandlerXJ
05-20-08, 10:14 am
girls getting in the way of bodybuilding uhhhh ohhhhhhhhh haha

ct italian 1
05-20-08, 4:57 pm
girls getting in the way of bodybuilding uhhhh ohhhhhhhhh haha

no, no, no haha, still eating & training and sleeping, just I could use a few more power naps. this girl is super supportive, and gets up to train w/ me every morning so hopefully it lasts.

ct italian 1
05-20-08, 5:12 pm
Ok, so it's like Christmas here...
just bought a sick Affliction tshirt @ the mall, and come home only to be greeted by the UPS man w/ my Animal Test/M-Stak!!

Pizzalamp
05-21-08, 10:20 pm
Ok, so it's like Christmas here...
just bought a sick Affliction tshirt @ the mall, and come home only to be greeted by the UPS man w/ my Animal Test/M-Stak!!

very cool

can u explain to me the deal w/ afflcition shirts? i see em everywhere but until the arnold ive never heard of em...should i be weraring them being in buff??

ct italian 1
05-22-08, 12:08 pm
very cool

can u explain to me the deal w/ afflcition shirts? i see em everywhere but until the arnold ive never heard of em...should i be weraring them being in buff??

I love Affliction...and they fit sick so muscle + Affliction = POP!

ct italian 1
05-22-08, 12:09 pm
Today was my first day of Animal Test, and holy shit, I love the stuff already.
I usually keep my workouts short & sweet but today went for 90min training chest, tris, & abs like a pure freak. Had insane pumps so I'm already a believer.

loiacanoa
05-23-08, 11:39 am
Animal Test at 19? I'm not criticizing but curious as to why you chose it?

Pizzalamp
05-23-08, 9:40 pm
do u really think u need test Ant?

ct italian 1
05-24-08, 8:26 am
Animal Test at 19? I'm not criticizing but curious as to why you chose it?

Wanted to give it a try, I need every legal, safe advantage I can get before I have to start dieting again if I do a fall show.

do u really think u need test Ant?

Don't need it, but I love it.

ct italian 1
05-24-08, 10:13 am
I think my Test levels suffered from dieting (low-fat) for so long and being so low bodyfat. That may explain why Animal Test seems to be having a profound effect for me even at 19. I certainly feel like they had dropped, now it seems to be higher.

HOCKEY TEMPER
05-24-08, 5:33 pm

dude 6k is the real deal

ct italian 1
05-24-08, 11:34 pm
dude 6k is the real deal

they've dropped a bit since, but I'm still eating ridiculous amounts of food. I'm getting hard again yet my weight is 10lbs over contest.

ct italian 1
05-24-08, 11:37 pm
And for those of you who wanted to see my future playmate (auditioning in July) training partner, here she is:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3172/n5076895025453985749vn1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3172/n5076895025453985749vn1.4b65e82b5c.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=86&i=n5076895025453985749vn1.jpg)

Things are looking good between her & I so who knows...maybe by the MA gathering we'll officially be boyfriend/girlfriend.

Is that enough photo proof Jer haha? I won't post some others I have...I think it'd violate forum rules.

Pizzalamp
05-24-08, 11:57 pm
an obvious photoshop!

ct italian 1
05-25-08, 2:45 am
an obvious photoshop!

haha come to the MA gathering, she's coming with me possibly!

ct italian 1
05-27-08, 9:01 am
training has been INTENSE these past two days. yesterday I did deads, bb shrugs, & calves, today was chest, tris, & abs. This weekend was very laid back however and I went camping and to the beach, still made sure I was always getting food in though. Wasn't feelin' too hot, dealing w/ some personal issues but Chandler helped me out via texts & calls haha. Sometimes bodybuilding can really fuck with your life outside of the gym & kitchen.

ChandlerXJ
05-27-08, 9:29 am
NO DOUBT BUDDY!

You got this man, you're the fucking man too, you're organized, hard working, all you needed is a little taste of normal life to know that you don't need that drama and to get your head back in the game...

glad the weekend panned out nicely.. keep me posted bro!

ct italian 1
05-27-08, 10:46 am
NO DOUBT BUDDY!

You got this man, you're the fucking man too, you're organized, hard working, all you needed is a little taste of normal life to know that you don't need that drama and to get your head back in the game...

glad the weekend panned out nicely.. keep me posted bro!

thanks man, that's exactly it. living in shadows from Jan. to mid-May crushed my social life so now that I'm "free" again everyone wants to hangout nonstop and it just ran me ragged these past two weeks. then throw girl drama into the mix and it's the perfect recipe for disaster.

ct italian 1
05-28-08, 7:10 pm
So yesterday I did my first twice-a-day that I can remember.

Started the morning off right w/ chest, tris, & abs, then went back at night, did some squats, shoulders, & biceps.

I am looking into twice-a-day routines similar to what arnold followed. some say there's no such thing as overtraining, just under-eating so we'll see...

Pizzalamp
05-28-08, 8:00 pm
So yesterday I did my first twice-a-day that I can remember.

Started the morning off right w/ chest, tris, & abs, then went back at night, did some squats, shoulders, & biceps.

I am looking into twice-a-day routines similar to what arnold followed. some say there's no such thing as overtraining, just under-eating so we'll see...

thats crazy!!

ct italian 1
05-28-08, 8:29 pm
My new split starting tomorrow:
Mon, Wed, Fri - chest & back a.m., thighs, calves, abs p.m.
Tues, Thurs, Sat - shoulders, upper arms, forearms, calves, abs a.m.

following arnold's advanced level I routine, but cutting down the volume.

Pizzalamp
05-28-08, 8:48 pm
My new split starting tomorrow:
Mon, Wed, Fri - chest & back a.m., thighs, calves, abs p.m.
Tues, Thurs, Sat - shoulders, upper arms, forearms, calves, abs a.m.

following arnold's advanced level I routine, but cutting down the volume.

good luck ant...interested to see how u do on it...smart cutting down volume on it

ct italian 1
05-28-08, 9:25 pm
good luck ant...interested to see how u do on it...smart cutting down volume on it

thanks, stacked w/ mega cals & quality supps I'm expecting solid gains.

ct italian 1
05-29-08, 8:08 am
This morning's workout was as follows:
Behind the neck bb military presses - 5 sets incl. warm-up
db shrugs - 3 sets

standing straight bar curls - 5 sets incl. warm-up

tricep cable pressdowns - 4 sets

bb wrist curls - 4 sets

rotary calf machine - 4 sets

reverse crunches - 3 sets
incline bench crunches - 3 sets

all-in-all it took me about 40 min.

ct italian 1
05-29-08, 11:01 pm
ate chinese and killed an entire loaded pizza today in addition to my mega-cal day of clean food...I'm def. growing, my mom commented on my shoulders & arms and how they got bigger already. A shirt I wore Monday already fits tighter and it wasn't shrunk lol. Gotta love intense training + test + lots of food.

Pizzalamp
05-29-08, 11:04 pm
ate chinese and killed an entire loaded pizza today in addition to my mega-cal day of clean food...I'm def. growing, my mom commented on my shoulders & arms and how they got bigger already. A shirt I wore Monday already fits tighter and it wasn't shrunk lol. Gotta love intense training + test + lots of food.

good stuff ant...im loving that pizza...good call

ct italian 1
05-30-08, 8:38 am
good stuff ant...im loving that pizza...good call

we still need to house some sushi together. and the pizza was bangin'...thin crust veggie, no olives (trying to cut SOME fat haha), extra mushrooms, and no sauce. pure heaven. It gave me some of the sickest pumps ever this morning training chest & back.

ct italian 1
05-30-08, 8:41 am
This morning's workout was:
BB bench press, db flyes, lat pulldowns, t-bar rows, b.o. bb rows

PUMPED TO THE MAX!

tonight after work I'll be doing thighs, calves, & abs.

ct italian 1
05-30-08, 9:00 am
sweet, just weighed myself, 181.5 clothed (no accessories). 3 weeks ago tomorrow I was in the mid-high 150's lol.