PDA

View Full Version : How To Build A "Stack"

Universal Rep
03-14-08, 10:33 am
What is a "stack"? No, it's not a reference to Animal "Stak". A stack is nothing more than a combo, a mix of different products "stacked" together to produce optimal results. Probably the question I get most is how to use the different Animal products. For all those who have asked, here's my little primer.

Step One
First and foremost, always start with Animal Pak. Animal Pak is the foundation among the core "foundational" Animal products (including Pak, Flex, Pump, Omega, Nitro). Pak should be at the center of any supplement regime (Animal or otherwise), as it contains the basics, like vits, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes, etc. Truth is, by making sure your body has all it needs, this will mean that the other supps you take will work even better, especially the more sophisticated supps. Regardless of your goals, if you are serious about this game, you should be taking Animal Pak. If you're training hard, you should always supplement with a solid multi. And as far as I'm concerned, Animal Pak is the best there is. 'Nuff said.

Step Two
What are your goals? Are you bulking or on a cut? Have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, and like I've said before, make sure your diet matches your goals. In other words, make sure the foods you eat and the quantities are right for your goals. Whole foods are the first and last line of defense. I can't stress this enough, fellas. I'd say food is even more important than training (of course, if ya wanna grow, you also gotta train)... Between food, lifting and rest, that's 99% of the battle. OK, assuming you're diet's in check, you're in the gym regularly and consistently, and you're stacking plenty of Zs, now we get to the other supps in the "stack"...

Step Three
The Animal products are designed to work together as "stacks", with the Animal Pak at the center. To get the most out of your "stack", you need to know which Animal product does what. This is pulled from "Way Of Animal" on Animalpak.com:

Foundational vs. Cycled Supplements
There are basically two categories of Animal products--the "foundational" ones and the goal-specific, specialty ones you "cycle". Simply put, the foundational supplements are those you take every day. These supplements include core or basic ingredients your body needs: Animal Pak, Animal Omega, Animal Nitro, Animal Pump and Animal Flex. The "cycled" products are specialty supplements designed to elicit specific results, at a specific time or provide particular benefits. These products follow a 21-day cycle typically and include Animal Stak, Animal M-Stak, Animal Test, and Animal Cuts.

Animal Pak
Foundational supplement. This is your core, your "iron skillet" when it comes to nutritional supplementation. This is step one, the starting point... You begin with with Animal Pak and add everything else around it. The Pak contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes, digestive enzymes, amino acids, EFAs, and more.

Animal Omega
Foundational supplement. The serious bodybuilder knows the value of all things "essential". Like essential amino acids. Like essential fatty acids, or EFAs. EFAs are critical for the serious lifter for a whole host of reasons. Animal Omega is a specific EFA product that combines multiple sources of fish and vegetable-based oils for a complete and comprehensive EFA product. Convenient and dosed for the serious bodybuilder, Animal Omega is the last word on EFA supplementation.

Animal Pump
Foundational supplement. Covers the basics with creatine. Not just good 'ol tried and true monohydrate, but the latest, the greatest including patented magnesium creatine chelate, tricreatine malate and creatine ethyl ester. On top of that, we added the full complement of goodies, including NO boosters, stimulants, nooptropics, other cell volumizers, NO-related antioxidants, and more. This is your single, all-in-one, creatine-based "pump" product.

Animal Flex
Foundational supplement. A complete, comprehensive all-in-one joint and ligament supplement designed specifically for the powerlifter and bodybuilder. Full potency and easier once-per-day dosing make Animal Flex the perfect "support" supplement for strength athletes looking to "reinforce" the underlying structure of their physiques. Remember--you can pack on mass, but if you don't support the joints, tendons, and ligaments as well, you're gonna be in for a world of hurt.

Animal Stak
Cycled supplement. Animal Stak is a specialty pro-testosterone supplement. Stak can help your body improve: (1) existing test levels and (2) overall test function/ratios. This second point is crucial here. Animal Stak can help you utilize the test you already have, emphasizing "free testosterone" ratios. Though you may have high test levels, if it's bound up as “total” test, you can't tap into it. Stak was designed to address this. Suited for lifters over 25 or those who "low" free test levels.

Animal Nitro
Foundational supplement. Essential amino acids (EAAs) are absolutely "essential" for the human body and for the strength athlete. Your body can't make EAAs so you can only get them through diet or supplementation. When it comes to pre- and post-training, nothing is better than EAAs alone for igniting anabolism and protein synthesis. The EAAs in Animal Nitro are modeled after the EAAs in actual human muscle itself for superior benefits. After all, it's not just about getting EAAs. It's about the right ratios and the right amounts.

Animal M-Stak
Cycled supplement. Animal M-Stak is a “natural” pro-anabolic designed especially for “hardgainers” (those who have a hard time putting on weight) and those on those on a "bulk". M-Stak can help increase anabolism via protein synthesis and nitrogen retention. M-Stak can help shuttle more of the calories you eat into lean mass, not body fat (nutrition-partitioning), making this product ideal for those lifters looking for lean gains.

Animal Cuts
Cycled supplement. Animal Cuts is our complete thermogenic & diuretic “cutting” formula. Helps not only with fat burning but with water retention as well. Suitable for contest prep or following an off-season bulk when you need to shed some fat.

Animal Test
Cycled supplement. Animal Test is a powerful, legal hypertrophic/pro-testosterone supplement. Combining the most potent natural extracts with one of the hottest, patented, proven supplements to hit the industry in recent years, the all new Animal Test redefines the capabilities of over-the-counter bodybuilding supplementation.

Step Four
Once you have an understanding what each "pack" product does, you can begin putting 'em together mixing 'n matching. Here's a hypothetical, fellas.... Let's say you want a basic "mass" stack. You've upped the cals and are eating more. Great. So again, you start with Animal Pak. Another great foundational Animal product is Animal Pump. It gives ya your daily dose of creatine plus other goodies. So there ya go, Pak/Pump. A great, basic combo. Maybe you're taking bulk creatine and don't need energy before ya lift. Maybe you're on a bulk. Maybe now you should consider Pak/M-Stak instead, especially if you're a hardgainer. And if you're not taking bulk creatine, then you're stack might look like Pak/Pump/M-Stak.

Here's another example. Let's say you're looking to shed a few pounds. Again, start with the Pak. On a cut, the Pak will play a greater role as you're reducing your overall food intake (in theory). But at the same time, you don't want to lose any hard-earned muscle. To kickstart the metabolism, you might throw in Animal Cuts for the thermogenics, lipolytics and diuretics. Just to play it safe, and to help preserve lean mass, you might throw in Animal Nitro (cuz you know studies show EAAs can help preserve mass). So now you're stack looks like Pak/Cuts/Nitro.

These are just two example. Of course, you can get more creative with just Animal products. Or, you can throw in other solid products and mix 'n match. For example, Pak/Pump/Nitro/Torrent or even Pak/Pump/EAA Stack/Torrent. The combinations are limitless.

Figure out what supplements you want to help you meet your goals. If you're already using supplements, figure out what the gaps are. Then work around the gaps, again, starting with Pak.

One final note. Anyone who's spoken to me knows my approach to supplements is pretty straightforward. Less is more. Always start will less, and only work your way up in terms of complexity as you become more advanced and knowledgeable. So starting out, rely on basic two-product combos maybe, like Pak/Stak or Pak/Pump or Pak/M-Stak. Resist the temptation to throw in too many products, hoping for "overnight" results as these are just pipedreams.

Dig?

My current "stack"
- Animal Pak (breakfast)
- Uni-Liver (3-4 with meals)
- Animal M-Stak (pre)
- Animal Pump (pre)
- Animal Nitro G or EAA Stack (pre, intra, post)
- Torrent (post)
- Animal Flex (dinner)
- I'll be adding Omega shortly (with lunch, most likely)
- Ultra Iso Whey, Lemonade (between meals)

My basic, "all-year-round stack"
- Animal Pak
- Animal Omega
- Animal Flex
- Uni-Liver
- EAAs (usually Animal Nitro or EAA Stack)

Additional Resources
Here's J's thread on what other fellas are running, Animal "stack" wise here on the F O R V M. Good place to get some ideas for your own stack: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=178

How to design your own stack: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=1777#post1777

Here's a great resource started by W on where you can more info an Animal products (including useful charts & descriptions) and stacks (recommendations, etc.): http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=15265

Here's another perspective on building a solid stack:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=257

Cstlfx
03-14-08, 10:50 am
wow, great post U-rep! This definitely needs to get pinned.

Universal Rep
03-14-08, 1:58 pm
wow, great post U-rep! This definitely needs to get pinned.

Just hope it helps. Ultimately, it'll mean fewer questions for me, and possibly fewer PMs, hahaha...

JMC
03-14-08, 3:05 pm
This is a must read for everyone especially the folks newer to the game. You sign up here on the FORVM, read the rules, read this post!

Thanks for the info URep!

widdlewade44
03-14-08, 3:22 pm
Solid rundown U-Rep, thanks for posting this. I can't wait to try out Animal Omega!

Kevin
widdlewade44

alex000
03-14-08, 3:31 pm
thanks for the info

Universal Rep
03-17-08, 9:37 am
thanks for the info

Put it to good use, A... It'll save ya time and a few bucks down the road... Remember, less is more and put together exactly what you need, not what you think you want...

alex000
03-17-08, 10:05 am
Put it to good use, A... It'll save ya time and a few bucks down the road... Remember, less is more and put together exactly what you need, not what you think you want...

you got that right and im new to using animal supplements so this thread was a big help for me

McFly
03-18-08, 1:30 pm
very helpful thread. thanks

J-Dawg
03-26-08, 2:21 pm
Bumping this thread up for others to check out.

Enforcer
03-26-08, 2:42 pm
This a very helpful and informative thread. I encourage everyone out there to read this and tell the people they know on this Forvm and have them read this thread.

corneliu_zv
07-27-08, 4:41 pm
I want to use animal Test, Stak(if is any use), M,stak, pump, flex, omega, pak.
How should i use them? and when to take them

please help me

thanks

Enforcer
07-28-08, 1:27 pm
I want to use animal Test, Stak(if is any use), M,stak, pump, flex, omega, pak.
How should i use them? and when to take them

please help me

thanks

Here is how you do it bro:

The three staples used 365 days a year:
Animal Pak- 1 pack with breakfast
Animal Omega- 1 pack with a low carb meal
Animal Flex- 1 pack before

The cycled supps:
Animal Test- 1 pack with the meal prior to training- 2 cans back to back
Animal Stak- 1 pack 45 minutes prior to training- 2 cans back to back
Animal Pump- 1 pack 20 minutes prior to training- 1 can then take 1-2 weeks off then back on again

The rest:
Animal M-Stak- 1 can following your Test and Stak cycle

SDR
07-28-08, 5:06 pm
U Rep, out of itnerest do you take both stims when you take your pump and mstak pre workout????

Gunz1
07-28-08, 5:11 pm
Here is how you do it bro:

The three staples used 365 days a year:
Animal Pak- 1 pack with breakfast
Animal Omega- 1 pack with a low carb meal
Animal Flex- 1 pack before

The cycled supps:
Animal Test- 1 pack with the meal prior to training- 2 cans back to back
Animal Stak- 1 pack 45 minutes prior to training- 2 cans back to back
Animal Pump- 1 pack 20 minutes prior to training- 1 can then take 1-2 weeks off then back on again

The rest:
Animal M-Stak- 1 can following your Test and Stak cycle

my man E here hit the nail directly on the head... i use the "core" guys 365 days a year... then jus cycle my test/stak combo and bridge the gap with an mstak... and kick right back on again... occasionally i take a 2 week great of nothing but i always keep my staples.. flex pak and omega!!!

RenegadeRows
07-29-08, 2:05 pm
Here is my cutting stack that I currently use... Enjoy...

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/renegaderows/entry.jpg

massivejuan
11-19-08, 1:43 pm
Hey, viejos que buena nota....

so by this way anyone can build the right stack, yo personalmente estoy usando 3 productos al tiempo(same time),. using daily the m=stak and stacking it one day whit pak and next day whit pump....two weeks ago, and ITS FANTASTIC, this mixed stack gave more focus, strenght, and over all an outstanding endurance in my workouts.

but i must to be allert. cos' the amount of energy used is very high in comparison whit my old workouts....

i trust in me and i trust in my stack, those paks are very good.

ANIMALIZE.

islandmagicmic
12-14-08, 4:33 pm
5am-real gains plus m stack
5:45am-pump or shock

6am gym intra Aid

7:30am the question torrent or storm plus meal

745am pak

9am animal cuts

930 meal +flex

more meal

noon animal cuts

I need to know if I can do storm on my days off and torrent on days I work out

naturalBB21
03-13-09, 2:41 pm
im 20 i actually been seriously lifting for 9 months, started at 156lbs and now im currently 182lbs completely natural, no supplements beside ONs whey. started with a max one rep of 165 on bench, 190 on squat, 210 on deadlift.....current one rep max of 285 on bench, 350 on squat, 395 on deadlift.

I was wondering if there are recommendations to start a stak that can help me gain some serious size and strength?

blackrage
11-10-09, 6:13 pm
I was just wondering, why is it so common to stack shock therapy/storm yet not pump/storm? is it because pump/storm stack is not as synergetic as ST/storm? that pump works better with other animal products?

C.Coronato
11-12-09, 5:08 pm
im 20 i actually been seriously lifting for 9 months, started at 156lbs and now im currently 182lbs completely natural, no supplements beside ONs whey. started with a max one rep of 165 on bench, 190 on squat, 210 on deadlift.....current one rep max of 285 on bench, 350 on squat, 395 on deadlift.

I was wondering if there are recommendations to start a stak that can help me gain some serious size and strength?

For some size and strength, i would look into Pak, Pump, M-Stak, and Real Gains!

I was just wondering, why is it so common to stack shock therapy/storm yet not pump/storm? is it because pump/storm stack is not as synergetic as ST/storm? that pump works better with other animal products?

Its simply because its Universal/Universal.

Shock and Pump are virtually interchangeable brother.

SSJ-Ryu
05-31-10, 4:00 pm
Hi there,

I've been trying some of your products for a short time now, and so far, have seen some results, and would like to expand upon those. I've been researching your different products, and wanted to put something together. But I kinda have 2 problems tho. I don't (and I've known this for a while) eat enough actual food, but take in plenty of shakes, and my fitness goals are on completely different ends of the spectrum.

I'll try to fill you in. I'm 29, 5'10, bounce between 185 - 190 lbs, and about 9-10% body fat. I train several different martial arts about 5-6 days a week, work out about 5-6 days a week, and do gymnastics 1-2 days a week. Crazy huh? My goals are kinda like this ... if you could splice Arnold with Bruce Lee (or maybe Tony Jaa) and Spiderman (LOL)... I'd like to be big (er) but fast and flexible and still need my hops. I grew up in a gym and took on martial arts a little bit afterwards. Primarily I train Capoeira, Tae Kwon Do, and Muay Thai, with some Brazilian Jujitsu, Judo, and Hapkido on the side. I'm also on a professional martial arts show team which is where all of my acrobatics comes in, crazy flips and what not. And on top of that, they like to do a lot of it with no shirts or little clothing, hence the emphasis on me being cut.

I'm currently taking : Pak and Cuts and average 200-250 grams of protein a day. I eat about 4-5 chicken breasts a day, lots of spinach, carrots, greek yogurt, peanut butter, whole wheat bread and lil whole grain pasta. Like I said, I realize it's not enough food. But between severely low funds and lack of time, I try to squeeze it all in.

I've been looking at several products to add to this. So far ... M-stak, pump, nitro, omega and flex have caught my eye. I want to stay natural and avoid anything crazy or that will mess my body up. I've seen that some of those are "foundational" like pak, so cycling isn't an issue. But I was curious if foundational products, like pak, pump, nitro, omega, and flex, can be taken at any time and/ or on top of each other. And I've also seen that cuts should not be near pump or mstak. So, of course I've been researching the timings and what not. Basically, I'm wondering if this is too much to add together. Again, I'm taking pak and cuts, but want to cover all of my bases and give my body the tools to expand.

Thanks for any help at all. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask

JimG
06-07-10, 8:22 am
I just got cuts in the mail. Could I take Nitro the same time as cuts, or should I stagger them for a better effect?

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 11:06 am
I just got cuts in the mail. Could I take Nitro the same time as cuts, or should I stagger them for a better effect?

You could do either. Me, I'd do Cuts pre and Nitro post.

Universal Rep
06-09-10, 11:06 am
For anyone lookin' for ideas, help, suggestions on creating an Animal stack... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=31740

Gunne
06-16-10, 11:55 am
I'm 44, weight 210, and been lifting for about 20 years off and on, i have been getting serious lately, and want to put on quality muscle mass, i work out mon,wed,fri, for about a hour and a half, i have been taking pak for years, i take protien shake at 6am, at 7:30am i take pak and i eat a 4 egg white's with 1 yellow, turkey burger (sandwich) for breakfast, this is the stak i'm thinking of taking, 11am take stak, with lunch i eat a ckicken breats or tuna sandwich, and take uniliver and the new animal beef tablets, 4:00 i take test, then 4:30 pump\M-stak, then i workout, then a post workout protein shake wait a 1\2 hour and eat chicken breast with rice and broccoli. should i make any changes, or does this sound like a good stak for gaining muscle mass.

Reno Garrett
11-26-10, 11:59 pm
I currently bought some m-stak, stak, pump, and pm. My question mainly is I want to use m-stak and stak at the same time. When would you guys use these supplements through out the day. I'm really new to the animal supplements. All of your help would be much appreciated.

Punishir
11-27-10, 3:28 am
I currently bought some m-stak, stak, pump, and pm. My question mainly is I want to use m-stak and stak at the same time. When would you guys use these supplements through out the day. I'm really new to the animal supplements. All of your help would be much appreciated.

I use them except for m stak, I use test at the moment. I know each product has its time to use it by, bit I would take the M-stak 45 mins. b4 training, Stak 30 mins. b4 training & Pump 20 mins b4 training.

On non-training days take M-stak & Stak in beteen meals maybe at different times. Pump can be taking at around the same time as a training day, or aome people only use it when training.

Hope this helps. and welcome to the boards.

TrainHardWinEasy
06-19-12, 11:55 am
wats up fellas & my fellow AnimalPak fams! I just wanted to drop my stack to you all and get some feed back & see if its great or if anything should be changed around or what not...

so here's my good stuff:

Pak
Pump
Stak
M-Stak
GH-Max
Glutamine
Ultra Whey Pro

Solet me know what yall think aight!!! Much love to all my Animal fams!!!

TrainHardWinEasy

smoothballer
06-20-12, 9:05 am
wats up fellas & my fellow AnimalPak fams! I just wanted to drop my stack to you all and get some feed back & see if its great or if anything should be changed around or what not...

so here's my good stuff:

Pak
Pump
Stak
M-Stak
GH-Max
Glutamine
Ultra Whey Pro

Solet me know what yall think aight!!! Much love to all my Animal fams!!!

TrainHardWinEasy

What are your goals my man?

IrishMike
06-25-12, 12:42 pm
Pump, Pak and Torrent. I'm up 7 lbs in a little over two weeks. 1 inch plus gone from my waist.

The Animal Pump doesn't make me bloat; I think the inch gone was just water weight alone.

ENGINEER
08-09-16, 4:10 pm
You Rock U-Rep

Only recently found my love for the plates when I tagged along with my bro to the gym one time and hes JACKED. Any ways I'm 5 ft 8 inches tall and hovering around 235lbs I'm overweight but I don't really look it So that cutting stack was what I was looking for. Being in the United States Merchant Marine being at sea on deployments for months its hard to eat properly with what is provided in the ships galley. My current Stack is Pak/Cuts and I am looking forward to adding the nitro. But the Pak has really helped get my nutrition right. Anyways doing lots of cardio and hitting the plates. Any pointers or tips you could send my way I be most appreciative. Thanks a Ton U-Rep!!!

What is a "stack"? No, it's not a reference to Animal "Stak". A stack is nothing more than a combo, a mix of different products "stacked" together to produce optimal results. Probably the question I get most is how to use the different Animal products. For all those who have asked, here's my little primer.

Step One
First and foremost, always start with Animal Pak. Animal Pak is the foundation among the core "foundational" Animal products (including Pak, Flex, Pump, Omega, Nitro). Pak should be at the center of any supplement regime (Animal or otherwise), as it contains the basics, like vits, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes, etc. Truth is, by making sure your body has all it needs, this will mean that the other supps you take will work even better, especially the more sophisticated supps. Regardless of your goals, if you are serious about this game, you should be taking Animal Pak. If you're training hard, you should always supplement with a solid multi. And as far as I'm concerned, Animal Pak is the best there is. 'Nuff said.

Step Two
What are your goals? Are you bulking or on a cut? Have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, and like I've said before, make sure your diet matches your goals. In other words, make sure the foods you eat and the quantities are right for your goals. Whole foods are the first and last line of defense. I can't stress this enough, fellas. I'd say food is even more important than training (of course, if ya wanna grow, you also gotta train)... Between food, lifting and rest, that's 99% of the battle. OK, assuming you're diet's in check, you're in the gym regularly and consistently, and you're stacking plenty of Zs, now we get to the other supps in the "stack"...

Step Three
The Animal products are designed to work together as "stacks", with the Animal Pak at the center. To get the most out of your "stack", you need to know which Animal product does what. This is pulled from "Way Of Animal" on Animalpak.com:

Foundational vs. Cycled Supplements
There are basically two categories of Animal products--the "foundational" ones and the goal-specific, specialty ones you "cycle". Simply put, the foundational supplements are those you take every day. These supplements include core or basic ingredients your body needs: Animal Pak, Animal Omega, Animal Nitro, Animal Pump and Animal Flex. The "cycled" products are specialty supplements designed to elicit specific results, at a specific time or provide particular benefits. These products follow a 21-day cycle typically and include Animal Stak, Animal M-Stak, Animal Test, and Animal Cuts.

Animal Pak
Foundational supplement. This is your core, your "iron skillet" when it comes to nutritional supplementation. This is step one, the starting point... You begin with with Animal Pak and add everything else around it. The Pak contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes, digestive enzymes, amino acids, EFAs, and more.

Animal Omega
Foundational supplement. The serious bodybuilder knows the value of all things "essential". Like essential amino acids. Like essential fatty acids, or EFAs. EFAs are critical for the serious lifter for a whole host of reasons. Animal Omega is a specific EFA product that combines multiple sources of fish and vegetable-based oils for a complete and comprehensive EFA product. Convenient and dosed for the serious bodybuilder, Animal Omega is the last word on EFA supplementation.

Animal Pump
Foundational supplement. Covers the basics with creatine. Not just good 'ol tried and true monohydrate, but the latest, the greatest including patented magnesium creatine chelate, tricreatine malate and creatine ethyl ester. On top of that, we added the full complement of goodies, including NO boosters, stimulants, nooptropics, other cell volumizers, NO-related antioxidants, and more. This is your single, all-in-one, creatine-based "pump" product.

Animal Flex
Foundational supplement. A complete, comprehensive all-in-one joint and ligament supplement designed specifically for the powerlifter and bodybuilder. Full potency and easier once-per-day dosing make Animal Flex the perfect "support" supplement for strength athletes looking to "reinforce" the underlying structure of their physiques. Remember--you can pack on mass, but if you don't support the joints, tendons, and ligaments as well, you're gonna be in for a world of hurt.

Animal Stak
Cycled supplement. Animal Stak is a specialty pro-testosterone supplement. Stak can help your body improve: (1) existing test levels and (2) overall test function/ratios. This second point is crucial here. Animal Stak can help you utilize the test you already have, emphasizing "free testosterone" ratios. Though you may have high test levels, if it's bound up as “total” test, you can't tap into it. Stak was designed to address this. Suited for lifters over 25 or those who "low" free test levels.

Animal Nitro
Foundational supplement. Essential amino acids (EAAs) are absolutely "essential" for the human body and for the strength athlete. Your body can't make EAAs so you can only get them through diet or supplementation. When it comes to pre- and post-training, nothing is better than EAAs alone for igniting anabolism and protein synthesis. The EAAs in Animal Nitro are modeled after the EAAs in actual human muscle itself for superior benefits. After all, it's not just about getting EAAs. It's about the right ratios and the right amounts.

Animal M-Stak
Cycled supplement. Animal M-Stak is a “natural” pro-anabolic designed especially for “hardgainers” (those who have a hard time putting on weight) and those on those on a "bulk". M-Stak can help increase anabolism via protein synthesis and nitrogen retention. M-Stak can help shuttle more of the calories you eat into lean mass, not body fat (nutrition-partitioning), making this product ideal for those lifters looking for lean gains.

Animal Cuts
Cycled supplement. Animal Cuts is our complete thermogenic & diuretic “cutting” formula. Helps not only with fat burning but with water retention as well. Suitable for contest prep or following an off-season bulk when you need to shed some fat.

Animal Test
Cycled supplement. Animal Test is a powerful, legal hypertrophic/pro-testosterone supplement. Combining the most potent natural extracts with one of the hottest, patented, proven supplements to hit the industry in recent years, the all new Animal Test redefines the capabilities of over-the-counter bodybuilding supplementation.

Step Four
Once you have an understanding what each "pack" product does, you can begin putting 'em together mixing 'n matching. Here's a hypothetical, fellas.... Let's say you want a basic "mass" stack. You've upped the cals and are eating more. Great. So again, you start with Animal Pak. Another great foundational Animal product is Animal Pump. It gives ya your daily dose of creatine plus other goodies. So there ya go, Pak/Pump. A great, basic combo. Maybe you're taking bulk creatine and don't need energy before ya lift. Maybe you're on a bulk. Maybe now you should consider Pak/M-Stak instead, especially if you're a hardgainer. And if you're not taking bulk creatine, then you're stack might look like Pak/Pump/M-Stak.

Here's another example. Let's say you're looking to shed a few pounds. Again, start with the Pak. On a cut, the Pak will play a greater role as you're reducing your overall food intake (in theory). But at the same time, you don't want to lose any hard-earned muscle. To kickstart the metabolism, you might throw in Animal Cuts for the thermogenics, lipolytics and diuretics. Just to play it safe, and to help preserve lean mass, you might throw in Animal Nitro (cuz you know studies show EAAs can help preserve mass). So now you're stack looks like Pak/Cuts/Nitro.

These are just two example. Of course, you can get more creative with just Animal products. Or, you can throw in other solid products and mix 'n match. For example, Pak/Pump/Nitro/Torrent or even Pak/Pump/EAA Stack/Torrent. The combinations are limitless.

Figure out what supplements you want to help you meet your goals. If you're already using supplements, figure out what the gaps are. Then work around the gaps, again, starting with Pak.

One final note. Anyone who's spoken to me knows my approach to supplements is pretty straightforward. Less is more. Always start will less, and only work your way up in terms of complexity as you become more advanced and knowledgeable. So starting out, rely on basic two-product combos maybe, like Pak/Stak or Pak/Pump or Pak/M-Stak. Resist the temptation to throw in too many products, hoping for "overnight" results as these are just pipedreams.

Dig?

My current "stack"
- Animal Pak (breakfast)
- Uni-Liver (3-4 with meals)
- Animal M-Stak (pre)
- Animal Pump (pre)
- Animal Nitro G or EAA Stack (pre, intra, post)
- Torrent (post)
- Animal Flex (dinner)
- I'll be adding Omega shortly (with lunch, most likely)
- Ultra Iso Whey, Lemonade (between meals)

My basic, "all-year-round stack"
- Animal Pak
- Animal Omega
- Animal Flex
- Uni-Liver
- EAAs (usually Animal Nitro or EAA Stack)

Additional Resources
Here's J's thread on what other fellas are running, Animal "stack" wise here on the F O R V M. Good place to get some ideas for your own stack: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=178

How to design your own stack: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=1777#post1777

Here's a great resource started by W on where you can more info an Animal products (including useful charts & descriptions) and stacks (recommendations, etc.): http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=15265

Here's another perspective on building a solid stack:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=257