PDA

View Full Version : Mutant--War Journal

Mutant
03-14-08, 11:45 am
There comes a time in every lifter's life that they have to take a step back and give their lifestyle a serious look. They have to detirmine if lifting for them is merely a hobby or a way of life. Whether it's something they find time to do on the side after everything else is done or if it's something they MAKE time for because it's their first concern. Recently I had come to that point. I've been a member of the forum since the begining. I haven't been very active in it. I'm not much of a talker. But the point is that I believe in the Animal way of life. But I took a serious lookin the mirror and my physique didn't reflect it. Nor does it reflect my sign-in name. I had a hard reality check. And I asked myself how serious I was about this. After a while I came to the conclusion that I was indeed a warrior. I am an Animal--and it's time to start acting like one. It's time to put that muscle on, complete the image and be a representative of the brotherhood. It is in this spirit that I start this log of my journey. To involve the support of my brothers in iron.

Now don't get me wrong. When I said that my physique wasn't up to par it's not that I'm out of shape or anything. On the contrary, I'm in awesome shape. I'm just one of those "hardgainers" and every ounce of muscle I gain comes from hours of sweating and bleeding in the gym. Other hardgainers out there can understand. But I'm putting the work in and gaining a bit, very slowly, but the gains are there. In any case I'm gonna do something I really don't want to but has to be done. You see, my weight and max lifts have always kind of embarrassed me among all these animals. But to really make gains it has to be let out in the open. Here are my stats.
Ht: 5'6"
Wt: 150 lbs
Bench: 1rm 200 lbs
Squat: 1rm 285 lbs
There it is. All out in the open. I'm starting my path. I'll keep posting and making updates to this, so my fellow animals will be updated on my progress. I gotta get now. Live strong animals.

hjayss
03-15-08, 1:37 am
Ha ha first one in....looking good bro be nice to se what your log will unfold in the future..sube in good luck on dat der journey..any thing you need we all are here dont be afraind to ask questions..you can pm me or really anyone if they dont know the answer we will be more than happy to find someone sho knows...

Carpe Diem P.T
03-15-08, 3:11 am
good luck my man. in for the journey!

sly06
03-15-08, 7:22 am
Good luck bro and expect to be in for the long haul. If you ever need anything just ask.

Mutant
03-15-08, 10:54 am
Hey guys, thanks a ton for the support! Today's explosive reps day. I've done it once already and it's damn hard. I'll get back on later and let y'all know how that shit goes. Until then, keep it up animals!

Mutant
03-18-08, 10:54 am
Arnold called it ballistic training in his Encyclopedia. But whether it's called ballistic training or explosive reps it's the same and it still kicks the shit out of me! It took me a while to get back on. School and work and working out sucks the day right up. Just not a lot of time some days. Oh well. Anyway, the workout looked like this:
Bench press: 1/10 -empty bar
3/5,4,3 -100 lbs
3/5,4,3 -120 lbs
Squat: 1/10 -empty bar
3/5,4,3 -140 lbs
3/5,4,3 -170 lbs
Barbell Curl: 1/10 -empty bar
3/5,4,3 -40 lbs
3/5,4,3 -50 lbs
Close-grip Bench: 1/10 -empty bar
3/5,4,3 -80 lbs
3/5,4,3 -100 lbs
So on paper it looks like pretty low volume and fairly easy. The poundages are pretty light too. But damn it trashed me! Those last few sets just don't look or feel explosive. But I try not to let it get to me. I just gotta check my ego and remember that it's not so much where I'm at but where I'm headed that matters. It's about the journey and the progress. I'll get there. Sunday was much the same but with Shoulder Presses, Seated Calf-Raises, Bentover Barbell Rows and Barbell Shrugs. Today's workout is heavy Benching, heavy Curls and abs. This workout is pretty fun. I just wanna see the results!

Mutant
03-20-08, 10:08 am
Damn. Tough week so far. Tests at school and moving and all sorts of crap. If I didn't have weight liftin' I think I'd go insane! Anyway, my workout on tuesday went a little something like this:
Bench Press- 3/10,5,3 warm ups
4/6 170lbs
1/failure 140 lbs
Incline Bench-3/8 8RM
Cable Crossover-3/8 8RM
Barbell Curls- 3/10,5,3 warm ups
4/6 70lbs
1/failure 50lbs
Preacher Curls-3/8 8RM
Hammer Curls-3/8 8RM
Abs I got a program I'm on for abs.
This workout trashes me. I go as heavy as I can so I can maybe eventually start putting up those bigger numbers. Damn it's hard! But I feel like I'm getting stronger all the time. 4 sets of 170Lbs kinda blows my mind. It's definately the most I've ever lifted and I just feel jacked after I get it done. I'm really excited about where I can go from here. Today is heavy squat day. I guess that means I'm just gonna feel like puking for a couple hours in the gym today. Just me and the weight. If I get a chance I'll get back on and let y'all know how it goes.

Mutant
03-21-08, 10:28 am
So yesterday was heavy squats. At least for me they're heavy squats. I always get that sick feeling doing these. I guess it's cuz the blood's rushin to my legs. I hate it and love it at the same time. There's nothing like squats to make a man out of you. Anyway the workout looked like this:
Squats-
3 warmup sets
4/6-7 225lbs
1/failure 140lbs

Leg Press-
3/8 270lbs

Leg Extensions-
3/8 155lbs

Leg Curls-
3/8 60lbs(it's a machine that uses olympic weights)

Seated Calf-raises-
3 warmup sets
4/6 160lbs

Close grip bench-
3 warmups
4/6 140lbs

SkullCrushers(I love these!)
3/8 70lbs

Cable Pressdowns-
3/8 130 lbs

Seems like a weird routine but its workin for me. I got some goals and its helpin me achieve them. I would like to be benching close to 250lbs and squating close to 350lbs. I think I can do it. Later animals. Today's shoulder and back day.

sly06
03-21-08, 10:33 am
Mutant,
You own that weight. It is yours and only yours. I know you can hit your goals. Just focus and you have it in the bag. Keep up the good work on your lifting. Looking real solid and I don't doubt that you are getting your ass kicked.

hjayss
03-22-08, 12:30 am
very well done leg day there bro..

Mutant
03-22-08, 6:47 pm
Thanks a bunch there Hjayss. You probably know what I'm talkin about when I say that I just feel completely destrpyed after a leg day workout. All true animals do! Thakns a lot for the support guys. How long have you been in the game Hjayss?

Boz
03-22-08, 6:51 pm
Good shit mutant. I'm with you all the way on this journey. Keep it up!

Carpe Diem P.T
03-23-08, 12:32 am
whats this program you are on for abs mutant?

Mutant
04-02-08, 6:45 pm
So it's been awhile since I got on the site and did my duty as a member of the Forvm. SPring break hit and moving was the big concern. I can never understand how everytime I move I have more stuff than the last time! Shit where does it all come from? Anyway, luckily i stayed pretty consistent with my workouts. The main thing that really slipped was diet. I was feelin' pretty crappy about my diet before and then I got done reading that new article by Big Byrd on the Animal site and now I really feel like worthless crap. No problem though, it's all about overcoming setbacks right? Move forward.

To answer your question CarpeDiemPT the program I'm on is about size and strength. It's a periodized program designed around heavy intense lifting and a pretty strict diet with lots of nutrient packed foods. The diet looks like any quality gaining diet, nothing you guys haven't already seen. The lifting is like this:
You test your max lifts before you start to guage your strength gains. It's nine lifts for each body part. So Chest is measured with Bench Press, back is measured with bent barbell row, biceps with barbell curls, etc.
In weeks 1-2 you start out doing 4 working sets of 8-9 reps with 80% of your max in each bodypart and then you have a couple secondary exercises for each. By weeks 7-8 you're doing 4 working sets of 2-3 reps with 95% of your 1RM. It's a bit more complicated than that. If you want I can e-mail the routine to you so you can really look at it and tell me what you think? That's open to anybody.
Later Animals

Mutant
04-02-08, 6:48 pm
Shit, I totally mis-read what you were asking for CarpeDiemPT! If yo have access to the March 2008 issue of Muscle & Fitness that's the Ab program I'm on. If you don't then I can send that to you to.

sly06
04-03-08, 12:43 am
So it's been awhile since I got on the site and did my duty as a member of the Forvm. SPring break hit and moving was the big concern. I can never understand how everytime I move I have more stuff than the last time! Shit where does it all come from? Anyway, luckily i stayed pretty consistent with my workouts. The main thing that really slipped was diet. I was feelin' pretty crappy about my diet before and then I got done reading that new article by Big Byrd on the Animal site and now I really feel like worthless crap. No problem though, it's all about overcoming setbacks right? Move forward.

To answer your question CarpeDiemPT the program I'm on is about size and strength. It's a periodized program designed around heavy intense lifting and a pretty strict diet with lots of nutrient packed foods. The diet looks like any quality gaining diet, nothing you guys haven't already seen. The lifting is like this:
You test your max lifts before you start to guage your strength gains. It's nine lifts for each body part. So Chest is measured with Bench Press, back is measured with bent barbell row, biceps with barbell curls, etc.
In weeks 1-2 you start out doing 4 working sets of 8-9 reps with 80% of your max in each bodypart and then you have a couple secondary exercises for each. By weeks 7-8 you're doing 4 working sets of 2-3 reps with 95% of your 1RM. It's a bit more complicated than that. If you want I can e-mail the routine to you so you can really look at it and tell me what you think? That's open to anybody.
Later Animals

Good ol Spring Break. I remember those days. I am the same way you are mutant. Everytime you move you just end up getting more and more stuff. Stick with your diet and keep pushing bro.

Carpe Diem P.T
04-03-08, 12:46 am

Later Animals

wow thats all pretty full on. Dont worry about diet. you have the rest of your life to get it right. obviously now wasnt the time for you which means that soon will be.

Mutant
04-06-08, 12:31 am
No kiddin' guys! Thanks for the support!

Mutant
04-11-08, 10:53 am
Ahh, baby i had a fuckin' sweet lifting day the other day! I know it's been a bit since I was last on. With school and work and working out things get outa control. But like I said, I had one badass day in the gym.

So I went to go test my max on bench press and squat. It's been four weeks since I started liftin heavy to get big and strong. Only four weeks though so I wasn't expectin much. I started out with a 200 lb bench. When I got under that bar I put up 210 lbs! personal best for me. What really blew my mind was squats. I started out with a 285 lb squat and I was gonna be happy to hit 295 or maybe 300 lbs. But no, I was able to jack my max squat up to 320 lbs! Another personal best for me. Damn I felt so good after that especially since it's only been a month. Now with the way I'm liftin my working sets are reps of 185 lbs on bench which is by far the most working weight I've ever used and 250 lbs on squat. I'm fuckin' jacked about it! i can't wait to go hit the weight room again.

sly06
04-11-08, 11:01 am
Ahh, baby i had a fuckin' sweet lifting day the other day! I know it's been a bit since I was last on. With school and work and working out things get outa control. But like I said, I had one badass day in the gym.

So I went to go test my max on bench press and squat. It's been four weeks since I started liftin heavy to get big and strong. Only four weeks though so I wasn't expectin much. I started out with a 200 lb bench. When I got under that bar I put up 210 lbs! personal best for me. What really blew my mind was squats. I started out with a 285 lb squat and I was gonna be happy to hit 295 or maybe 300 lbs. But no, I was able to jack my max squat up to 320 lbs! Another personal best for me. Damn I felt so good after that especially since it's only been a month. Now with the way I'm liftin my working sets are reps of 185 lbs on bench which is by far the most working weight I've ever used and 250 lbs on squat. I'm fuckin' jacked about it! i can't wait to go hit the weight room again.

Way to go brother. With the proper diet, rest, and form the weight will explode. Congrats on all the PR!!!

Mutant
04-11-08, 11:05 am
Still working on tuning up my diet, but you are completely right. I would really like to see what I could do whe I got that aspect pinned down. Got any suggestions on how to do it on a college budget?

sly06
04-11-08, 11:08 am
Still working on tuning up my diet, but you are completely right. I would really like to see what I could do whe I got that aspect pinned down. Got any suggestions on how to do it on a college budget?

Ah the college budged. I remember that. If you don't go out and spend your money on alcohol that alone should save you some money. If I were you just keep it real simple. Steak and potatoes. You can buy some decent steaks for a real good price and they can last you a week.

Mutant
05-22-08, 11:23 am
Crazy how life gets in the way of lots of whit and you can't get to everything. It's been a long ass while since I posted on my journey. I hope I haven't lost those that were following me and supporting me. I don't have a ton of time right now but I'm gonna get gback on later and finish this up. All I want to say right now is that me and my wife have picked a show about a year from now(she's doing figure, I'm doing bodybuilding-obviously) and we're gonna work our asses off to be ready to compete in it. More to come...

sly06
05-22-08, 11:31 am
Crazy how life gets in the way of lots of whit and you can't get to everything. It's been a long ass while since I posted on my journey. I hope I haven't lost those that were following me and supporting me. I don't have a ton of time right now but I'm gonna get gback on later and finish this up. All I want to say right now is that me and my wife have picked a show about a year from now(she's doing figure, I'm doing bodybuilding-obviously) and we're gonna work our asses off to be ready to compete in it. More to come...

About time you show back up. Now get your ass to work. You have a lot to do in a year.

Mutant
05-22-08, 11:21 pm
Oh boy. So last anybody heard I was on the strength program trying to make my numbers bigger. And my body for that matter. Well, it wroked! In a small measure but still the gains came. Obver the two months I was on that program I gained a solid 5 lbs of muscle (zero of fat) and put a half inch on pretty much everywhere. I fuckin' rocked. I felt jacked after that program. My bench went up to 215 lbs and my squat up to 350 lbs. So for a 150-155 lb dude I think that aint too bad. In any case it's like I said, the gains came. Hopefully they'll keep coming only faster.
After two months of extremely heavy liftin' my joints started to feel it and it was time to move on to a more traditional body-building regimine. I took my newfound strength to 8-12 rep range. Damn, it's just a different type of burn! I got so used to sets of 2-4. Every so-often I throw in a pump set of 25 or more and that just makes my muscles ignite. It works out perfectly though. I see my end goal of the show. But here in the near future is a short term goal that's perfect. In about twelve weeks my brother gets home from South America. Twelve weeks is a great time frame to really try and pack on some lean muscle and see what I can get to lookin' like. I wanna blow his ass outta the water. I think I can. I am Animal!
Here's the split:
Monday- Legs/Abs
Tuesday- Chest/Shoulders/Sprint workout
Wednesday- Off
Thursday- Back/Traps/Abs
Friday- Arms/Calves/Sprint workout
Sat- Off
Sun- Longer easy run
It's HIGH volume. I do this for three weeks then hit a super pump week which makes one four week phase. I do three phases and that adds up to twelve weeks. I'm really interested to see what I can do in that time frame.
Sly, you are right man, I got a lot of work to do and a lot of sweat and blood to shed. I'll keep ya posted. I'll hit your thread tomorrow and se if I can't get caught up. Later Animals

sly06
05-23-08, 2:24 am
Oh boy. So last anybody heard I was on the strength program trying to make my numbers bigger. And my body for that matter. Well, it wroked! In a small measure but still the gains came. Obver the two months I was on that program I gained a solid 5 lbs of muscle (zero of fat) and put a half inch on pretty much everywhere. I fuckin' rocked. I felt jacked after that program. My bench went up to 215 lbs and my squat up to 350 lbs. So for a 150-155 lb dude I think that aint too bad. In any case it's like I said, the gains came. Hopefully they'll keep coming only faster.
After two months of extremely heavy liftin' my joints started to feel it and it was time to move on to a more traditional body-building regimine. I took my newfound strength to 8-12 rep range. Damn, it's just a different type of burn! I got so used to sets of 2-4. Every so-often I throw in a pump set of 25 or more and that just makes my muscles ignite. It works out perfectly though. I see my end goal of the show. But here in the near future is a short term goal that's perfect. In about twelve weeks my brother gets home from South America. Twelve weeks is a great time frame to really try and pack on some lean muscle and see what I can get to lookin' like. I wanna blow his ass outta the water. I think I can. I am Animal!
Here's the split:
Monday- Legs/Abs
Tuesday- Chest/Shoulders/Sprint workout
Wednesday- Off
Thursday- Back/Traps/Abs
Friday- Arms/Calves/Sprint workout
Sat- Off
Sun- Longer easy run
It's HIGH volume. I do this for three weeks then hit a super pump week which makes one four week phase. I do three phases and that adds up to twelve weeks. I'm really interested to see what I can do in that time frame.
Sly, you are right man, I got a lot of work to do and a lot of sweat and blood to shed. I'll keep ya posted. I'll hit your thread tomorrow and se if I can't get caught up. Later Animals

The split looks pretty good. You have enough rest days, which is good. My only concern is doing Chest and Shoulders on the same day. When I do chest I can feel my front delts taking a little bit of a beating along with triceps. I try to split those apart, but go with what your body feels. Now what about your diet. Are you trying to bulk is these three phases or are you going to cut and what is your rep range going to consist of? Not trying to prod, but some information that we can all use to help you along in your journey. Lift large brother.

Mutant
05-23-08, 10:58 am
The split looks pretty good. You have enough rest days, which is good. My only concern is doing Chest and Shoulders on the same day. When I do chest I can feel my front delts taking a little bit of a beating along with triceps. I try to split those apart, but go with what your body feels. Now what about your diet. Are you trying to bulk is these three phases or are you going to cut and what is your rep range going to consist of? Not trying to prod, but some information that we can all use to help you along in your journey. Lift large brother.

No dude, any help I can get I'll take, I definitely don't mind the questions. As far as the shoulders and chest on the same day, I felt that last time I trained them and was thinking about splitting those up. Maybe switching traps out and doing them on chest day and shoulders on back day? What do ya think? ALso my rep rep range is actually pretty high for this first phase, reps of 15 to 25. I was a bit leary but felt that building up some muscular endurance for the first three weeks wouldn't hurt, plus the pump I feel is amazing. And for this twelve weeks I'm trying to cut cuz' I really want to shock the hell out of my brother, then after that it's on to the bulking. I'm really gonna have to dial my diet in. That's my BIGGEST hurdle to overcome. I'm gonna get a notebook and keep a log just like I do my lifting. That should help. How's it look so far?

sly06
05-23-08, 11:44 am
No dude, any help I can get I'll take, I definitely don't mind the questions. As far as the shoulders and chest on the same day, I felt that last time I trained them and was thinking about splitting those up. Maybe switching traps out and doing them on chest day and shoulders on back day? What do ya think? ALso my rep rep range is actually pretty high for this first phase, reps of 15 to 25. I was a bit leary but felt that building up some muscular endurance for the first three weeks wouldn't hurt, plus the pump I feel is amazing. And for this twelve weeks I'm trying to cut cuz' I really want to shock the hell out of my brother, then after that it's on to the bulking. I'm really gonna have to dial my diet in. That's my BIGGEST hurdle to overcome. I'm gonna get a notebook and keep a log just like I do my lifting. That should help. How's it look so far?

I like how you are going to do traps on chest. That seems better to me. Those reps seem pretty damn high. You might need to read the article from Mazz. He talkes about getting big on how many reps you conduct. To get be requires the shock of the 2b fibers, which to hit those need to be between 8-12 reps if I am not mistaken. Then from 12-15 will be the 2A fibers. You will be working the 2A fibers that won't produce as much growth as the 2B fibers. When I cut I am still going to hit the 8-12 range then do two dropsets of 12, and 15. That is what I am going to do and try it out. Now the diet is tricky to dial in. Have you ever thought of doing Keto. If you do talk to my boy Will "Krazyassmexican," or "simpleguy," or tons of others. They have there diets in order. Also Enforcer, Toni69, there are way to many to name that can help you with your cut. Ask around. I don't know nearly as much as they all do. I learn from them all the time. Toni told me today if I lifted weights she would basically kick my ass because I hurt my lower back. We all have your back and want to give you all the information you need to succeed. I will be watching you through this all the way to the end. Keep at it bro.

krazyassmexican
05-23-08, 11:56 am
what up mutant
sly invited me to your journal
i will be checkin you up pretty often

Mutant
05-24-08, 3:56 am
Damn, you guys all do have my back! Thanks ton for the support!

Carpe Diem P.T
05-24-08, 4:33 am
hey man just popped in to sus it all out. bit hard to follow because u dont space anything out. lol

im fussy though.

so now u are cutting after your bulk? are u an athlete? just gimme a quick update :)

Mutant
05-24-08, 4:57 am
What's up Carpe? It's been awhile. I'm kinda torn about the cutting thing. I'm not sure that I wanna cut just yet. I think I wanna gain more before I move to that. But I do wanna be lean for when my brother gets home. It's tough spot I'm in.

An athlete? I'd like to think so! I'd like y'all to see me with that Body Builder avatar over my name someday!

Carpe Diem P.T
05-24-08, 5:20 am
im asking about athlete because u are doing sprint training. u cant sprint train and bulk at the same time that successfully.

if u arent ready to cut, dont. You can only cut when you will commit 100 percent to it and i dont think u are ready. You will finish your bulk when you are sick to death of it and ready to move to the next stage with no doubts. when you cut, you dont want to cut down to nothing. better to beef up for a good while and have something to cut down to.

learnt that the hard way. Every cut you do you will inevitably lose a bit of muscle. dont waste what you have now the need to bulk again. bulk like a mofo then cut. all these are just suggestions obviously ;)

sly06
05-24-08, 5:36 am
You have great support here bro.

Mutant
05-27-08, 4:50 am
Alright, I think you guys have made a lot of good points here. I ain't gonna start my cut yet. I'll just try and get as fuckin big as possible. I think when I weigh in at a buck-fifty that's my main concern right now, just putting on quality muscle mass. Heavy weights...I was talkin with a guy that trained with Chris Dickerson back in the day and he said I should challenge the weight more than the reps. That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna stick with the sprints for right now fro three reasons, 1. I'm only doing it twice a week and they're not longer than fifteen minute sessions 2. I read in a strength and conditioning journal once that sprint training if done properly can help with strength power and even growth and 3. I'm still experimenting with my body a bit and seeing what works for me. I'm gonna watch it like a hawk though and if I'm not making any gains I'm gonna drop it like its hot. It's leg day fellas. Wish me luck...

Mutant
06-07-08, 3:58 am
Good god life can get difficult. Aint we always fightin the same old battles. Deal with all of life's shit and find time to train the whole while keeping your diet clean. Same old shit, and same old split too. A few modifications made though. Yup, I tweaked my workout based on the info and support you guys gave me and with awesome results! I'm gettin stronger every week and in the last two weeks I have put on about three solid pounds of muscle. May seem small but it's big to me. Thanks for the ideas guys. I've got a little white board pinned up with a day count until the show I wanna compete in. 348 days and counting. If the gains keep on like they are so far I'll be ready! Also, personal best today in the gym.
Leg Extensions-super set-Leg curls: 4x15 110 lbs
Squats: 4x15 Drop set 225 lbs (PR)
Leg press: 4x15 Drop set 230 lbs
Leg Extensions: pump set 4x25 85 lbs
Lying leg curls: pump set 4x25 25 lbs (it aint a machine it uses plates)

I was really happy about my squat.

The battle rages on

sly06
06-07-08, 5:24 am
Good god life can get difficult. Aint we always fightin the same old battles. Deal with all of life's shit and find time to train the whole while keeping your diet clean. Same old shit, and same old split too. A few modifications made though. Yup, I tweaked my workout based on the info and support you guys gave me and with awesome results! I'm gettin stronger every week and in the last two weeks I have put on about three solid pounds of muscle. May seem small but it's big to me. Thanks for the ideas guys. I've got a little white board pinned up with a day count until the show I wanna compete in. 348 days and counting. If the gains keep on like they are so far I'll be ready! Also, personal best today in the gym.
Leg Extensions-super set-Leg curls: 4x15 110 lbs
Squats: 4x15 Drop set 225 lbs (PR)
Leg press: 4x15 Drop set 230 lbs
Leg Extensions: pump set 4x25 85 lbs
Lying leg curls: pump set 4x25 25 lbs (it aint a machine it uses plates)

I was really happy about my squat.

The battle rages on

Glad to see you are making some good progress and you have a goal in mind. Now just bust your ass to get there and don't let anything get in your way. The best of luck and if you need anything let me know bro. Eat and lift large.

Mutant
06-07-08, 10:08 pm
My biggest challenge is making the time to eat my meals throughout the day. Where I work we don't get no lunch breaks and we have to constantly keep moving. Business doesn't stop all fuckin day long. Anybody got any strategies for remembering to set aside some time to eat during the day? My boss doesn't mind if I take a quick break to eat, it's just remembering to do so during all the chaos.

Mutant
06-26-08, 11:43 am
Had sweet back day yesterday. I was pretty stoked about it in fact. You see, not too long ago I had one of the trainers in my gym come up to me while I was doing pull-ups and he told me that I was ready to start putting that infamous weighted belt on for em. SO I took his advice and yes I did!
Pull-ups: 4x6 + 25lbs.
Bent Barbell rows: 4x10 120lbs
Deadlifts: 4x6 180lbs (probably should've done 200)
Pull-overs: 4x10 50lbs

Superset
DB Shrugs: 4x12 60lbs
Reverse Pec-dec Flyes: 4x15 60lbs

Plus abs and cardio.

I felt like it was a great workout. Still workin on the numbers and trying to bring em up.

sly06
06-27-08, 2:08 am
Where have you been Mutant? Well it's good to see you are back in the game. Nice workout and doing pull ups with added weight is hard as hell for me. Keep it up bro.

Mutant
06-27-08, 10:18 pm
Ahhh, I've been house sitting for a couple weeks and they didn't have any internet connection. I went through withdrawls from this place! Thanks for caring man! Yeah, those pull-ups were hard as hell for me too. Same with weighted dips right now!

Phil800101
06-27-08, 10:52 pm
I like what I see here, consider me subbed!

Mutant
06-28-08, 2:24 am
I like what I see here, consider me subbed!

Nice! Thanks man!

Mutant
06-28-08, 2:28 am
Ok, Chest day. Not much time for a workout so I was pretty in-n-out:

Pec-Deck Flyes- 4x12 60lbs
Flat Bench- 4x6 180 lbs
Incline DB press- 4x6 65lbs
-superset-
Weighted Dips- 4xFailure 45lbs

15 mins of bag work when I got home.

I impressed myself with my Incline DB presses. I used to have trouble flat DB pressing 50lb Dumbbells. The gains come slowly but surely.

Tomorrows leg day. Oooh boy...

Mutant
06-28-08, 2:30 am
P.S. Carpe,

I think I found my problem (one of em), I do too much damn cardio. Huh, thinkI gotta fix that. I just have a hard time lettin' go of those conditioning drills I did for Track and martial arts.

sly06
06-28-08, 4:56 am
Ok, Chest day. Not much time for a workout so I was pretty in-n-out:

Pec-Deck Flyes- 4x12 60lbs
Flat Bench- 4x6 180 lbs
Incline DB press- 4x6 65lbs
-superset-
Weighted Dips- 4xFailure 45lbs

15 mins of bag work when I got home.

I impressed myself with my Incline DB presses. I used to have trouble flat DB pressing 50lb Dumbbells. The gains come slowly but surely.

Tomorrows leg day. Oooh boy...

Dips after chest is a good killer. Keep it up Mutant.

Mutant
06-28-08, 11:05 am
I kinda figure it's a nice transition over to Tris as well. If you like the push/pull splits.

Phil800101
06-30-08, 1:02 am
Killer session bro! I like that superset. Congrats on the progress, and keep up the great work!

Mutant
06-30-08, 10:11 pm
The program has become stale. The lifting routine I was on died today. Everybody knows the feeling when a routine goes stale. Motivation tapers off-which is a dangerous thing. After much thought of what to do I came up with a solution. My main concern is to build solid, hard muscle. Muscle so hard a .45 slug wouldn't penetrate it. I dug into my book of workout knowledge and found a routine I hadn't looked at in a long while. It's a routine based off the main powerlifting lifts. The Bench, Squat and Dead. So tomorrow I start the new routine. Here it is.
Day 1: Big Bench
Bench Press-3x6
Close grip Bench-1x8
Wide grip Bench-1x8
Incline DB press-3x8
Weighted Dips-3x10
Pec-deck Flyes-3x10
Skullcrusher-2x10
Pressdowns-2x12

Day 2: Off

Day 3: King Squat
Deep Squat-3x6
Narrow Squat-2x8
Wide Squat-2x8
Heavy Lying Leg Curls-4x8
Leg Press-3x12
Light leg Curls-2x10
Standing Calf Raises-2x10
Seated Calf Raises-2x12

Day 4: Off

Day 5: Deadlift (I couldn't come up with a cool name)
Deadlift-3x6
Narrowstance Dead-2x8
Widestance Dead-2x8
Seated cable row-2x8
Bent Barbell Row-2x10
Lat Pulldown-2x10
Standing Barbell Curl-2x10
Seated DB Curl-2x12

Day 6/7: Off

What do ya think? Any feedback is appreciated. Like I said my main goal is to build myself like a brick shit-house. The pain begins tomorrow. The new war begins tomorrow...

Phil800101
07-01-08, 12:37 am
Sounds like a solid plan my man, new split looks good.

ranmc
07-01-08, 3:02 am
Hey mate,

Great work with what you're doing so far. Keep putting in the hard work and nothing surer than the results you're after will follow.

That new training regime you've posted looks like dinamite, I'm definately going to give it a go next time i change around my routine!

sly06
07-01-08, 10:23 am
Day 1: Big Bench
Bench Press-3x6
Close grip Bench-1x8
Wide grip Bench-1x8
Incline DB press-3x8
Weighted Dips-3x10
Pec-deck Flyes-3x10
Skullcrusher-2x10
Pressdowns-2x12

Day 2: Off

Day 3: King Squat
Deep Squat-3x6
Narrow Squat-2x8
Wide Squat-2x8
Heavy Lying Leg Curls-4x8
Leg Press-3x12
Light leg Curls-2x10
Standing Calf Raises-2x10
Seated Calf Raises-2x12

Day 4: Off

Day 5: Deadlift (I couldn't come up with a cool name)
Deadlift-3x6
Narrowstance Dead-2x8
Widestance Dead-2x8
Seated cable row-2x8
Bent Barbell Row-2x10
Lat Pulldown-2x10
Standing Barbell Curl-2x10
Seated DB Curl-2x12

Day 6/7: Off

What do ya think? Any feedback is appreciated. Like I said my main goal is to build myself like a brick shit-house. The pain begins tomorrow. The new war begins tomorrow...

I like the split, but below are a couple of things I would consider.
Day 1*
Be sure to hit your chest first and then tri's. I see you have Bench and then close bench press. You need to focus on one muscle at a time. A rule of thumb is always do the bigger muscles first, so you can use most of your energy on those and not the smaller ones.

Day 3*
You don't need to do all those types of squats in one day. Switch those out throughout the weeks. You can put box squats in there for one to perfect your form and power. Also, some BB lunges in place of one of those I believe would be pretty good. Also, try doing squats after everything else and see how you do. You will have to dig down deep to get even the lighest weight up.

Day 5*
Pretty much the same thing as Day 3. I don't believe you need to do as many different stances on Deadlift in one day. Like I said switch it up. Get rid of one or two of them and add sets on lat pulldowns. Also, you want to be careful doing deadlifts and barbell rows in one day. Usually my lower back is fried and I don't want to take the chance of hurting it. You can also add in some Romans or hypers to help with deadlift.

These are all suggestions and take it how you want. I got your back no matter what. Keep up the good work and I like the split.

Mutant
07-01-08, 10:58 am
Sounds like a solid plan my man, new split looks good.
Thanks man. It's definitely gonna blast me. i start this shit today. Aftermath to follow...

Hey mate,

Great work with what you're doing so far. Keep putting in the hard work and nothing surer than the results you're after will follow.

That new training regime you've posted looks like dinamite, I'm definately going to give it a go next time i change around my routine!

Hey thanks man! Great to have you stoppin' in. I'll definitely keep you posted on how it works out for me.

I like the split, but below are a couple of things I would consider.
Day 1*
Be sure to hit your chest first and then tri's. I see you have Bench and then close bench press. You need to focus on one muscle at a time. A rule of thumb is always do the bigger muscles first, so you can use most of your energy on those and not the smaller ones.

Day 3*
You don't need to do all those types of squats in one day. Switch those out throughout the weeks. You can put box squats in there for one to perfect your form and power. Also, some BB lunges in place of one of those I believe would be pretty good. Also, try doing squats after everything else and see how you do. You will have to dig down deep to get even the lighest weight up.

Day 5*
Pretty much the same thing as Day 3. I don't believe you need to do as many different stances on Deadlift in one day. Like I said switch it up. Get rid of one or two of them and add sets on lat pulldowns. Also, you want to be careful doing deadlifts and barbell rows in one day. Usually my lower back is fried and I don't want to take the chance of hurting it. You can also add in some Romans or hypers to help with deadlift.

These are all suggestions and take it how you want. I got your back no matter what. Keep up the good work and I like the split.

No problem brother I like all those suggestions and I will take them to heart. To be honest with you I was a little worried about the volume on leg and dead day. Too much is worse than not enough. I believe I will make htose switches.

Brick By Brick
07-01-08, 2:18 pm
New routine looks good, Mutant. I'll check back and see how you're doing with it.

Mutant
07-03-08, 10:46 am
Big Bench

Warm-ups, bench 3x10,6,3
Flat bench: 3x6 185lbs.
Wide grip bench: 1x8 135lbs.
Incline DB press: 3x8 60lbs.
Weighted dips: 2x10 35lbs.
Pec-Deck Flyes: 2x10 100lbs.
Close Grip Bench: 1x8 135lbs.
Skullcrushers: 2x10 70lbs.
Pressdowns: 2x12 130lbs.

On my flat bench I was fuckin' pissed because I didn't do as much as I wanted to but I bonked on heavier weight. Not very happy with it. But I keep telling myself the big numbers will come and I just need to check my ego at the door and worry about lifting and nothing else.

Phil800101
07-04-08, 8:14 pm
Still looks like a solid session to me bro! You hit it hard and blasted your chest, and that is what matters.

On my flat bench I was fuckin' pissed because I didn't do as much as I wanted to but I bonked on heavier weight. Not very happy with it. But I keep telling myself the big numbers will come and I just need to check my ego at the door and worry about lifting and nothing else.

Damn right bro, great attitude!

ranmc
07-05-08, 12:21 am

Nice work mate, any of the big blokes will tell you just that, technique is more important than the weight you're throwing around (within reason of course!). Keep plugging away and remember it takes brains, dedication and determination to make it in this game.

sly06
07-05-08, 3:34 am
Big Bench

Warm-ups, bench 3x10,6,3
Flat bench: 3x6 185lbs.
Wide grip bench: 1x8 135lbs.
Incline DB press: 3x8 60lbs.
Weighted dips: 2x10 35lbs.
Pec-Deck Flyes: 2x10 100lbs.
Close Grip Bench: 1x8 135lbs.
Skullcrushers: 2x10 70lbs.
Pressdowns: 2x12 130lbs.

Excellent day bro! Just leave your ego at the door. Rome wasn't built in a day. It all takes time, but it is well worth it in the end. Keep at it!

Mutant
07-06-08, 5:15 pm
As Rocky said in the new movie, "Aint nobody gonna hit as hard a sthe world does." It's true. Between work school and family and every other obligation we have as descent people it's hard to get into the gym regularly. The main challenge is when you lock your membership in the car and can't find the spare key to get in. Fuck. That just blows. Then you're left doing push-ups, pull-ups, leglifts, body squats and all sorts of other calisthenics trying to offset the lack of weights because it would be better to do those than to not work out at all. And it's true. It is better to do those things than to not work out at all. They have their place. The only thing is you gotta do a shitload of 'em! this next week it'll be 11 hour days at work and not much time in the gym. Guess I gotta get up early and do my thing in the morning. Probably better that way. Scheduling is key and if it helps me get my training done then it's worth it even if it is a pain in the ass. But I'm pissed because I missed having weights for dead day and squat day. So, I'm gonna put it behind me and start week 1 over. Re-do chest day and hopefully impress myself this time around. Thanks to all you guys who stopped in and built me back up after that first chest session that I wasn't happy about. I really appreciate it. The war continues...

Phil800101
07-06-08, 9:59 pm
Adapt and overcome is the way of the Animal brother, drive on!

Mutant
07-07-08, 12:49 pm
You're damn right right. I wage war tonight. I'll give the update if I get a chance...

Mutant
07-13-08, 8:38 pm
You never quite realize how addicted to lifting you are until you can't lift. In the last three weeks I've been able to make it to the gym ONCE. One fucking time. And let me tell ya, people have not wanted to be around me much in the last three weeks. I have a saying: Sometimes I think the universe is one big joke and I'm the butt. That's pretty much how I've felt for this last little bit. It all started when me and my wife moved, again. We were living just outside of Boise and we moved into Boise at a temporary location until we could get into student housing. That was a big fuckin mess. BSU stands for Bull-Shit University. They are so unorganized it's rediculous...but that's a whole other tangent. With the move we were no longer close to our gym. That made it difficult all by itself. On top of that i picked up another job helping my dad get a business off the ground. So, now we have moving chaos, lost paperwork from BSU, a second job and still far away from the gym, plus no time anyway. We finally made it over to the gym after a week and a half and teh weight room has one goddamn power rack and some guy is doing sit-ups on it and wont move. The rest of the equipment goes downhill from there. I was so pissed and discouraged that night. By this time I'm getting fairly unpleasant to be around because I just wanna lift and I can't. That doesn't help the situation cuz I'm not soliciting any sympathy from anyone. They just avoid me altogether. That night I lay awake telling myself it'll be okay. We decided to go the the student rec center at BSU. It's fairly well equipped and will do for a place to workout. I tell myself I'm not out I'm just down and can get back up and back on track. Well the next day rolls around and we head on over to the student rec and I go to slide my ID to get in and it wont let me in! The girl at the counter says "you have to be enrolled in summer classes to use this facility." I say, "I'm a full time student, though." She says, "You can purchase a summer membership." "But I'm a fulltime student!" "Sorry". I'm speechless. Actually, I think I was about to pop a vein in my neck because the girl was looking pretty scared. I was FLAMING pissed. I stormed out of there about to explode. It was like the whole universe was aligning to keep me from my goals. My wife followed me out to the car. When we got in she apoligized to me. She could get in because she was enrolled in summer classes. She asked me where I wanted to go and I just told her I didn't care. I had given up. I was done. I was just gonna come to grips with the fact that I was not meant to get big and strong. Anyone else ever felt like that? She drove us down to Gold's and we picked our old membership back up! What a woman! I was up and running again. So now that brings us to today. We have pur lifting schedule and a place to do it. We're cracking down on our diet and gonna see results. There are plenty of big guys at the gym to help keep me motivated. I''m back. I hope y'all haven't given up on me. The war resumes tomorrow. For real this time. I'm revived and hungrier than ever and NOTHING will stand in my way.

Phil800101
07-14-08, 2:08 am
Good deal bro...we all hit our own speedbumps from time to time, some bigger than others, but it's all about getting back up and back at it as soon as possible. No doubt you're like a bull in the gate at the rodeo, fired up and ready to charge...I'm definitely looking forward to seeing some insane workouts here...

Mutant
07-14-08, 6:04 pm
Thanks man. I won't let ya down...

Mutant
07-15-08, 4:53 pm
Chest and Shoulders:

Incline Bench: 2x8 155lbs
DB Bench: 2x8 70lbs (PR)
Inlcine DB Flyes: 2x8 35lbs
Flat Bench: 2x8 165lbs
Pec-Deck Flyes: 2x15 100lbs
Reverse Pec-Deck Flyes: 3x10 80lbs
DB Side Laterals: 3x10 25lbs
Crucifix Hold: 3xF 15lbs.
Seated DB Overhead Press: 2x6 40lbs.

Holy shit that was a lot tougher than it looked on paper! I'm happy about winging up those 70 pounders! But being patient is the name of the game right now. My gains aren't coming as fast as I would like so I gotta remember they'll come. Concentrating on weight and form.

Carpe Diem P.T
07-15-08, 8:07 pm
nice numbers there for sure.

if u wanted to lift you could have!

You dont need machines for

-chin ups (always something in a park or in the street)
-pushups in the comfort of your own home. narrow grip pushups
-chair dips
lunges holding something heavy, same thing with squats
bicep curls holding any heavy item, same with over head tricep extensions
forward and side delt raises once again with any item.

- dont get to thinking u need to be using machines to get strong. nature provides us with everything and u can use most things in the home.

head down to any major shopping centre and grab yourself some resistance bands. the 'heavy' ones are freakin hard and u will fail before 12. there only about $20. u can do them anywhere.

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/resistance-band-exercises.html

that link has pics of how to do the exercises with said bands.

Brick By Brick
07-15-08, 9:09 pm
Great training, Mutant! It looks hard, and I bet it was hard, but that's all good for you.
I feel ya on the BSU thing. I love my Broncos, but my family (all BSU alumni) has an inside joke that they make everything as difficult as humanly possible so it's like getting blood from a stone to even graduate - hence, you have to keep giving them your money. The free weight section at the rec center is so small that you're probably better off going to Gold's.
Let your anger make you stronger, young Jedi!

Mutant
07-16-08, 12:48 am
nice numbers there for sure.

if u wanted to lift you could have!

You dont need machines for

-chin ups (always something in a park or in the street)
-pushups in the comfort of your own home. narrow grip pushups
-chair dips
lunges holding something heavy, same thing with squats
bicep curls holding any heavy item, same with over head tricep extensions
forward and side delt raises once again with any item.

- dont get to thinking u need to be using machines to get strong. nature provides us with everything and u can use most things in the home.

head down to any major shopping centre and grab yourself some resistance bands. the 'heavy' ones are freakin hard and u will fail before 12. there only about $20. u can do them anywhere.

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/resistance-band-exercises.html

that link has pics of how to do the exercises with said bands.

You are ablsolutely right man. i have used resistance bands before and loved them. I just forgot about them. I will definitely keep those in mind in the future. Working them in for variety wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Great training, Mutant! It looks hard, and I bet it was hard, but that's all good for you.
I feel ya on the BSU thing. I love my Broncos, but my family (all BSU alumni) has an inside joke that they make everything as difficult as humanly possible so it's like getting blood from a stone to even graduate - hence, you have to keep giving them your money. The free weight section at the rec center is so small that you're probably better off going to Gold's.
Let your anger make you stronger, young Jedi!

Thanks! That joke is only partially a joke!! Actually, it wasn't a joke that day cuz it just wasn't funny. But I'm past it and even if I wasn't the only way to go is forward.

Thanks guys!

Phil800101
07-16-08, 2:06 am
Awesome session bro, congrats on the PR! You've got it right on my man, just keep at it and the gains will come.

Mutant
07-16-08, 12:18 pm
Cardio and abs.

20 min of interval cardio. I was sweatin' like a pig!
Abs-
Hanging leg raises *superset* Twist plank: 3x20
Yoga ball crunch *superset* Hip thrust: 3x20

It was pretty tough. 'nuff said.

Mutant
07-16-08, 12:19 pm
Awesome session bro, congrats on the PR! You've got it right on my man, just keep at it and the gains will come.

Thanks man. Not to worry. The gains will come. Just gotta give it time and consistency.

Mutant
07-19-08, 4:45 pm
Got some catchning up to do. Here it is:
Squats: 4x6 275lbs
Lying leg curls: 4x15 80lbs
Hack squats: 4x15 90lbs (1 plate each side, I know- it's weak...)
Stiff Leg deads: 4x15 95lbs (first time ever doing these, went light)
Standing Calf raises: 4x15 340lbs
Donkey raises: 4x15 180lbs

My legs felt fuckin DESTROYED for three full days. It rocked!

mk53220
07-19-08, 4:49 pm
Got some catchning up to do. Here it is:
Squats: 4x6 275lbs
Lying leg curls: 4x15 80lbs
Hack squats: 4x15 90lbs (1 plate each side, I know- it's weak...)
Stiff Leg deads: 4x15 95lbs (first time ever doing these, went light)
Standing Calf raises: 4x15 340lbs
Donkey raises: 4x15 180lbs

My legs felt fuckin DESTROYED for three full days. It rocked!

Way to work those wheels. Go up on the SLDL and watch those wheels grow!!!

Mutant
07-19-08, 4:50 pm
Back day. whooo-eee. I'm finally getting to the point where I feel it in my back and not in my arms!

DB rows: 3x8 70lbs
Seated cable rows: 3x10 100lbs
Pullups: 3x6 Body (First time I've ever done these in the middle. It was tough)
Deadlifts: 2x8 185lbs (needed to go up)
DB Shrugs: 4x15 70lbs (My forearms were ON FIRE)

Pretty tough for me. But it was a good workout. I got a shake afterwards and downed it in about 2 min. I felt sick after that especially cuz it was a gainer shake. I gotta work on slowing down when I'm drinking those things!

sly06
07-19-08, 6:08 pm
Great workouts bro!!! You have been doing well and staying focused. Keep the path and the gains will come big man.

Carpe Diem P.T
07-19-08, 10:36 pm
it takes me ages to get people to start using their scapulas to lift and not their forearms.

its all about getting them scapulas together and lightening up on the fingers. when im training someone u can see straight away when its all forearms because there fingers turn white from blood loss.

will also just throw this to you incase u didnt know:

- during seated cable rows, as the arms come towards the chest, push the chest out, u will be able to get the elbows back further thus increasing your ROM. try it in your seat right now and u will see what i mean :)

Mutant
07-20-08, 12:50 pm
Way to work those wheels. Go up on the SLDL and watch those wheels grow!!!

Hey thanks man! Good of you to stop by. Always good to have a new face here.

Great workouts bro!!! You have been doing well and staying focused. Keep the path and the gains will come big man.

Thats the plan man. I'm working on not stressing about the gains. I figure they wont come if I'm all wigged out. Just gotta lift and enjoy the ride.

it takes me ages to get people to start using their scapulas to lift and not their forearms.

its all about getting them scapulas together and lightening up on the fingers. when im training someone u can see straight away when its all forearms because there fingers turn white from blood loss.

will also just throw this to you incase u didnt know:

- during seated cable rows, as the arms come towards the chest, push the chest out, u will be able to get the elbows back further thus increasing your ROM. try it in your seat right now and u will see what i mean :)

I try man. The details are where the battle is won or lost. Any other tips you got for me are welcome. Give em to me as you remember em!

Phil800101
07-20-08, 2:05 pm
Sick sessions bro! Keep on killing it, you're doing great!

Mutant
07-20-08, 3:12 pm
Sick sessions bro! Keep on killing it, you're doing great!

Thanks man. It sure feels like sick sessions too! Man, I am sore!!

Mutant
07-20-08, 3:28 pm
Arms:
Overhead Extensions: 3x12 50lbs
Skullcrushers: 3x12 60lbs
Pressdowns: 3x8 100lbs
Preacher Curls: 3x12 60lbs
Seated Alt. DB Curls: 3x8 30lbs
Standing BB Curls: 3x6 65lbs
Calves:
Seated Raises: 4x15 90lbs
Calf Machine: 4x15 230lbs

I think I want to switch Skullcrushers and Pressdowns. Skullcrushers seem like more of a power mass movement and mass is what I need right now.

Thoughts:
I know this sounds like bitching but its not. I watch a lot of guys at my gym and honestly they kinda bug me. There is a guy I see there from time to time and he's pretty big. He's straight up built, no denying it. He lifts pretty heavy too. I have to give him his credit. But he's a tool! These two highschoolers I see lifting all the time came up to him during his leg press and he was doing about 700lbs and they sarted asking him about his lifting--specifically about his legs. he went off for fifteen minutes about how strong his legs were. Didn't even answer their questions really. Then he says: "And there's a lot of guys that can squat big but can't bench for shit. I'm not one of 'em. I'm fucking strong in the bench!" And he goes off on that for another fifteen minutes. It was rediculous. Then, later, this other guy is squatting on the rack next to us. I give him the nod out of respect and he just looks at me with this 'fuck you' expression. He needed a 10lb plate so what does he do. He takes it off my rack without even asking! I almost said "yeah you can use that, go ahead!" He went and got one of the Gold's staff to spot him on his squat and whe they got to the rack he said, Yeah I'm pretty strong so I need this spot cuz of how much I'm liftin'. I'm reminded of a quote: "In all things that you do, do not strive to be admired or loved for the battles you have won. "--Machine, Walk Away. It's a great example for me of what not to become. I may be smaller and weaker, and I may not be the hero of the story, but at least I'm not the bitch of it either.

Brick By Brick
07-20-08, 10:59 pm
Training looks great, Mutant! Keep it up, bro. That guy at Gold's sounds like a tool. But there always has to be "that guy," it seems. You're better than I am, though, I would have called him out for the 10 lb plate theft. But I'm a b*tch like that.

Mutant
07-21-08, 2:32 am
Training looks great, Mutant! Keep it up, bro. That guy at Gold's sounds like a tool. But there always has to be "that guy," it seems. You're better than I am, though, I would have called him out for the 10 lb plate theft. But I'm a b*tch like that.

Eh. I would've but I kinda have a history of a hot temper and my wife was there and I promised her I wouldn't get in any unneccesary fights--especially with her around. Plus getting arrested and assault charges can't be good for my carreer goal of being a cop. Thanks, by the way! I appreciate the complement!

Phil800101
07-21-08, 6:41 am
Nice gun show bro! Starting with the tris is a nice change of pace, or do you always hit it that way?

Gotta love the tools in the gym. Makes you just want to work harder and show em' how it's done.

Mutant
07-21-08, 12:49 pm
Actually, hitting tris first was kinda by accident. I didn't really think about it, but it works out ok because I need to bring those up. Priority principle and all. And yeah, it really did just make me wanna work harder. That's a goodway of lookin' at it! Thanks man!

Brick By Brick
07-21-08, 10:35 pm
Werd - I'm already in law enforcement, bro. You can still call people out without fighting. But it's good you're a diplomatic sort. Don't ever lose that!

Mutant
07-21-08, 11:12 pm
Ha! I've been called a lot of things but diplomatic aint never been one of em! Thanks! I'll change 'diplomatic' to 'aware of consequences'. We'll call it that.

Brick By Brick
07-21-08, 11:25 pm
Ha! I've been called a lot of things but diplomatic aint never been one of em! Thanks! I'll change 'diplomatic' to 'aware of consequences'. We'll call it that.

I can go for that, bro!

ranmc
07-22-08, 3:06 am
Hey Mutant,

Good to see that you have changed your anger and disappointment at your setbacks into a determination and drive to succeed. There's always going to be things stopping the majority of us from working out when we want, using the equipment we want when we want it etc etc but those who succeed and reach their goals are those who turn these negative situations into positives. Let the negatives be your motivation.

Think of it like this - when you're standing at the gym, having been refused entry, speachless with rage, neck veins bulging and about to explode - how many push ups could you do in a row without stopping at that moment? If you're anything like me its going to be well into the triple figures. So, DO IT! Rage is perfect fuel for an animal. And then follow it up with the other exercises people have suggested.

hjayss
07-23-08, 12:47 am
putting in work bro...keep it moving big weight big eating ...nice..

Mutant
07-23-08, 2:09 pm
Thanks guys! The encouragement really helps. You guys are rockers!

sly06
07-23-08, 6:11 pm
You are kicking some ass bro!! I really like you are changing things up and eating some good food. Keep at it!!

Mutant
07-25-08, 12:36 pm
I gotta catch up on two workouts here.
Chest:
DB Bench: 2x8 70lbs
Incline DB Flyes: 2x8 40lbs (up from last week)
Flat Bench: 2x6 170lbs (felt like I was trying to lift a fuckin' truck!)
Pec-deck Flyes: 2x15 100lbs
Shoulders:
Reverse Pec-deck Flyes: 3x10 100lbs (Up from last week)
Side Laterals: 3x10 25lbs
Crucifix Hold: 3xF 15lb DBs @ 20sec
DB Overhead Press: 2x6 40lbs

Workout 2
Legs:
Squats: 4x8 245lbs full stretch
Lying Leg Curls: 4x15 80lbs (need to go up)
Hack Squats: 4x15 90lbs (need to go up)
Standing leg Curls: 4x15 30lbs

Pretty killer. I was pretty sore for awhile. But it felt good. Thanks again for all the support guys! It really helps keep me motivated and on the right track. I just gotta give my body a chance to grow and get stronger. I can't have positive results with a negative attitude.

mk53220
07-25-08, 7:46 pm
Chest:
Shoulders:

Workout 2
Legs:

Pretty killer. I was pretty sore for awhile. But it felt good. Thanks again for all the support guys! It really helps keep me motivated and on the right track. I just gotta give my body a chance to grow and get stronger. I can't have positive results with a negative attitude.

Nice squats Mutant! And way to gain on those reverse flys!!! Keep it up and keep puting the name MUTANT to use!! Great workout bro!

sly06
07-25-08, 7:52 pm
Chest:
Shoulders:

Workout 2
Legs:

Great job on the chest big man!! Also, SUTAS for you on legs. That shit has got to hurt. Keep it up.

Mutant
07-26-08, 2:58 am
Nice squats Mutant! And way to gain on those reverse flys!!! Keep it up and keep puting the name MUTANT to use!! Great workout bro!

I don't know if "nice" and "squats" should be used in the same sentence, especially how I feel after them! Na, I get ya. Thanks man. How you been?

Great job on the chest big man!! Also, SUTAS for you on legs. That shit has got to hurt. Keep it up.

It does hurt. What is SUTAS?

Mutant
07-26-08, 3:04 am
It's 1:00 in the morning here. Once again I can't sleep. It's a common problem. The shitty thing is that the gym ain't open 24 hours on weekends. Apparently today counts so I'm stuck here with the thirst. It eats at me. We all know the Thirst well. Not even the FORVM quenches it. And I'm reminded of a line in Blade Trinity: "Sooner or later, the Thirst always wins..."

Phil800101
07-26-08, 11:03 am
Awesome sessions bro! Keep up the great work, and the lifts will go up.

Mutant
07-28-08, 6:15 pm
Alright everyone, big news here...

I"M GONNA BE A DAD!!!

Holy shit you just read that right. My wife and I just found out this morning. She's pregnant. At most just a month along or so. But man! I'm still in shock abou the whole thing. Don't think it's quite hit me yet. We're excited though!!

More to come...chest and shoulders tonight. And yeah, the first thing she wanted me to do was research what she can and can't do fitness-wise during pregnancy. Any helpful tips on that area to point us in the right direction will be appreciated.

sly06
07-28-08, 6:33 pm
Alright everyone, big news here...

I"M GONNA BE A DAD!!!

Holy shit you just read that right. My wife and I just found out this morning. She's pregnant. At most just a month along or so. But man! I'm still in shock abou the whole thing. Don't think it's quite hit me yet. We're excited though!!

More to come...chest and shoulders tonight. And yeah, the first thing she wanted me to do was research what she can and can't do fitness-wise during pregnancy. Any helpful tips on that area to point us in the right direction will be appreciated.

That is awesome news big man!!!! Now on to fitness while being pregnant? I am not sure, but I am confident that someone around here will know. Again, congrats!!

Phil800101
07-28-08, 8:28 pm
Congrats bro! That is awesome news.

Brick By Brick
07-28-08, 10:43 pm
Mutant - congrats on your impending fatherhood! I know what you mean about the Thirst, I had to buy Guitar Hero III just to have something to do this week before Mt Rainier.

Mutant
07-28-08, 10:58 pm
It was scheduled to be Chest/shoulders day today, but that kinda fizzled out. Takin' my rest day today. Pick it up again tomorrow, right where I left off. Thanks for stoppin by everyone!

Mutant
07-28-08, 11:01 pm
That is awesome news big man!!!! Now on to fitness while being pregnant? I am not sure, but I am confident that someone around here will know. Again, congrats!!

Thanks a ton man. I'm pretty blown away by the whole thing, but I'm FREAKIN' excited!

Congrats bro! That is awesome news.

It is way awesome. Heard you had a good time at the wedding cutting up the dance floor! Nice job man.

Mutant - congrats on your impending fatherhood! I know what you mean about the Thirst, I had to buy Guitar Hero III just to have something to do this week before Mt Rainier.

Thanks Kellee. Oh yeah, you know the Thirst. You Carb loading for the competition? What teh strategy here, at this point?

Brick By Brick
07-28-08, 11:24 pm
Thanks Kellee. Oh yeah, you know the Thirst. You Carb loading for the competition? What teh strategy here, at this point?

Yep - I'm starting the real carb loading on Wednesday. I'm trying to concentrate on eating every 2.5 hours and taking my supps, getting enough sleep. My friend Amy might not be able to go, so Lacy and I will be fighting it out for first. There is a small chance I could win my first comp, which trips me out. If I can get first, second or third in all five events, I should be in contention to win the HW Women's class. Just trying to stay the course and FOCUS!!!

Mutant
07-29-08, 12:59 am
Right on. Don't think about the competitors but just the competition. Focus on completing the events. Don't worry about getting a specific time, just bust your ass. Do without thinking. It's an old Chinese saying. You can win this!

Carpe Diem P.T
07-29-08, 4:21 am
glad to see u are still so driven. keep going as hard and no fizzing out ;)

Mutant
07-29-08, 1:15 pm
glad to see u are still so driven. keep going as hard and no fizzing out ;)

Ha! Absolutely man! I've had enough rest for awhile and I don't intend on getting anymore breaks in teh near future. Eat big, lift big. How's your back doin' man?

mk53220
07-29-08, 7:58 pm
Congrats on the DAD!!! Gotta be the best feeling in the world!

Mutant
07-30-08, 12:33 pm
Congrats on the DAD!!! Gotta be the best feeling in the world!

For real man!! We're way excited. Thanks for the well wishes!

Mutant
07-30-08, 12:39 pm
Chest:
Incline Hammer Press: 2x8 160lbs
DB Flat Press: 2x10 70lbs
Incline DB Flyes: 2x10 40lbs
Pec-Deck Flyes: 2x15 105lbs

Shoulders:
Machine Press -superset- Machine Lateral Raises:
2x6 150lbs 2x12 40lbs
DB Shrugs: 3x10,8,6 85,90,95lbs

Pretty good workout. Happy with it. I'm gettin a lot better at pinchin' the shoulder blades together on the benching exercises. It feels good.

Phil800101
07-30-08, 1:44 pm
Killer session bro, nice work! I like that superset. That's cool about the shoulder blades, good stuff.

sly06
07-30-08, 6:04 pm
Chest:
Incline Hammer Press: 2x8 160lbs
DB Flat Press: 2x10 70lbs
Incline DB Flyes: 2x10 40lbs
Pec-Deck Flyes: 2x15 105lbs

Shoulders:
Machine Press -superset- Machine Lateral Raises:
2x6 150lbs 2x12 40lbs
DB Shrugs: 3x10,8,6 85,90,95lbs

Pretty good workout. Happy with it. I'm gettin a lot better at pinchin' the shoulder blades together on the benching exercises. It feels good.

All of that adrenaline from becoming a father got you to bust your balls today. Great workout bro and flye's are awesome!

Mutant
07-31-08, 2:15 am
Killer session bro, nice work! I like that superset. That's cool about the shoulder blades, good stuff.

Thanks a bunch man. I liked that superset too. I'm sure we'll see it again. And I'm still not pushin' the weight I want to pinshing my shoulders together, but the method is becoming more and more natural.

All of that adrenaline from becoming a father got you to bust your balls today. Great workout bro and flye's are awesome!

You ain't lyin'!! It was a killer session that I felt for awhile. Thanks for stoppin in!

Mutant
07-31-08, 6:02 pm
The dreaded leg day!

Legs:
Leg Extensions: 3x15,12,10 100,120,140lbs
Hack Squats: 4x6-8 310lbs
Leg Extensions(Burnouts): 2x25 70lbs
Leg Curls: 3x15,12,10 100,110,120lbs
Stiff-leg Deads: 3x12 115lbs

Calves:
Seated Donkey Raises: 4x15 250lbs
Donkey Raises: 4x15 350lbs

After the leg extensions I was feelin pretty sick. I barely made it to the bathroom stall before I puked all over. First time I've ever puked from a workout. I lifted hard! I was kinda worried about my intensity...until that happened!

sly06
07-31-08, 6:22 pm
The dreaded leg day!

Legs:
Leg Extensions: 3x15,12,10 100,120,140lbs
Hack Squats: 4x6-8 310lbs
Leg Extensions(Burnouts): 2x25 70lbs
Leg Curls: 3x15,12,10 100,110,120lbs
Stiff-leg Deads: 3x12 115lbs

Calves:
Seated Donkey Raises: 4x15 250lbs
Donkey Raises: 4x15 350lbs

After the leg extensions I was feelin pretty sick. I barely made it to the bathroom stall before I puked all over. First time I've ever puked from a workout. I lifted hard! I was kinda worried about my intensity...until that happened!

LOL be sure to make up that meal. LOL...SUTAS FOR YOU!

Phil800101
07-31-08, 11:40 pm
Sick wheels session Mutant! Puked eh? Must have done something right. Good stuff my man, enjoy the SUTAS.

Mutant
08-02-08, 11:58 am
Friday, Back Day

Back:
Hammer Strength Rows: 3x8 220lbs
Seated Cable Rows: 3x10 120lbs
Pullups: 3xF 6 reps unassisted
Deadlifts: 2x8 215lbs
DB Shrugs: 4x15 60lbs

Abs:
5x20 Crunches

I always love going on Fridays cuz nobody's there. So, 1.the gym ain't crowded and 2.It makes me feel really dedicated! I love it! I was really excited about my deadlift too, I went up from 185lbs to 215lbs. That made me feel good.

mk53220
08-03-08, 3:44 pm
Friday, Back Day

Back:
Hammer Strength Rows: 3x8 220lbs
Seated Cable Rows: 3x10 120lbs
Pullups: 3xF 6 reps unassisted
Deadlifts: 2x8 215lbs
DB Shrugs: 4x15 60lbs

Abs:
5x20 Crunches

I always love going on Fridays cuz nobody's there. So, 1.the gym ain't crowded and 2.It makes me feel really dedicated! I love it! I was really excited about my deadlift too, I went up from 185lbs to 215lbs. That made me feel good.

Great day man. Way to get that DL weight up man congrats. Also I love it too I usally go fridays and sundays to the gym and it feels like my basement cause no one is there. Keep it up Mutant!

Mutant
08-03-08, 6:05 pm
LOL be sure to make up that meal. LOL...SUTAS FOR YOU!

Don't worry man, I made it up!! I felt great after I threw up!

Sick wheels session Mutant! Puked eh? Must have done something right. Good stuff my man, enjoy the SUTAS.

You got the "sick" part right. Yeah, it was a good first time thing!

Great day man. Way to get that DL weight up man congrats. Also I love it too I usally go fridays and sundays to the gym and it feels like my basement cause no one is there. Keep it up Mutant!

Hey thanks man. It's the best day of the week to go. No doubt about it.

Brick By Brick
08-04-08, 2:45 pm
Congrats on the puking moment, lol. That almost happened for me a few times on Saturday. Training looks really solid, bro. Keep it up!

Mutant
08-05-08, 11:10 am
Congrats on the puking moment, lol. That almost happened for me a few times on Saturday. Training looks really solid, bro. Keep it up!

Ha! Thanks Kellee. I bet you did almost have one of those moments! Nice job again!!

Mutant
08-05-08, 11:15 am
Arms:

Close Grip Bench: 3x8 135lbs
Skullcrushers: 3x12 70lbs
Rope Pressdowns: 3x10 50lbs
-superset-
One Arm Reverse-grip Pressdowns: 3x10 10lbs
Standing EZ Bar Curls: 3x12 60lbs
Standing Hammer Curls: 3x8 25lb DBs

This looks pretty simple and easy but it wasn't to me! My arms felt like they were gonna explode by the end of the workout. I did cut it a little short cuz it was getting to be kinda late. That superset was hard. Y'all should try it sometime!

Phil800101
08-05-08, 12:28 pm
Killer sessions bro! Keep up the great work!

sly06
08-05-08, 2:06 pm
Nice workout bro! They will be huge ass guns before you know it.

Brick By Brick
08-05-08, 11:03 pm
Arms:

Close Grip Bench: 3x8 135lbs
Skullcrushers: 3x12 70lbs
Rope Pressdowns: 3x10 50lbs
-superset-
One Arm Reverse-grip Pressdowns: 3x10 10lbs
Standing EZ Bar Curls: 3x12 60lbs
Standing Hammer Curls: 3x8 25lb DBs

This looks pretty simple and easy but it wasn't to me! My arms felt like they were gonna explode by the end of the workout. I did cut it a little short cuz it was getting to be kinda late. That superset was hard. Y'all should try it sometime!

That kind of lifting will make your tri's and bi's sore and HUGE. Love the rope pressdowns! Try running the rack sometime with hammer curls, it's a blast.

Mutant
08-06-08, 6:01 pm
Killer sessions bro! Keep up the great work!

Thanks man. I'm doing what you mentioned and keeping my Tri's before my Bi's. Seems to work well for me. Man my arms feel big when both sides are pumped!

Nice workout bro! They will be huge ass guns before you know it.

That's what I'm going for! Obviously... ha! ;)

Mutant
08-06-08, 6:01 pm
That kind of lifting will make your tri's and bi's sore and HUGE. Love the rope pressdowns! Try running the rack sometime with hammer curls, it's a blast.

That sounds painful, I think I'll try it!

Mutant
08-06-08, 6:04 pm
So, When you guys started liftin', all of you who visit me here, how far have you come and how long has it taken y'all to get where you are now? I just ask cuz we all see the pros and I see your guys' stats and wonder where you started out at and if my progress is stunted or not. i wonder how long it'll take me to get where y'all are.

Mutant
08-07-08, 1:06 pm
Chest:
Incline DB Flyes: 3x8 50lbs
Incline Bench: 3x10 145lbs
Dips: 3x20 Body
Wide Grip Bench: 4x10 135lbs

Delts:
Reverse Pec-Deck Flyes: 3x10 100lbs
Overhead DB Press: 3x8 40lbs
DB Shrugs: 4x15 80lbs

Man I felt this one. I forgot to take my Pak and I felt that too. It really does make a difference. My brother's gettin home from South America today so I'll be back on in a couple days probably. I'll be sure to visit y'all soon though.

P.S. I feel TRASHED from the workouts.

Phil800101
08-07-08, 1:24 pm
Killer session my man! Simple, efficient, and effective. Enjoy the visit bro!

As for your question from yesterday, I can't really say how far I've come, I just know that it's been far. I've been lifting seriously going on three years now, and the gains have come slowly but surely. It's definitely a long marathon, that is for sure. As for your progress, if you feel like you're hittting a wall ever, don't be afraid to mix shit up or try something different...adjusted rest times, rep ranges, split, exercises, whatever. However, you have to give shit time to see if it's working or not, sometimes things just stick for awhile. What I mean is, if you feel like your progress has been stunted for over 6-8 weeks or so, then I would say yeah, switch some shit up. But if it's only been a few weeks, you just gotta give things a chance and keep on keeping on for a few more weeks. And always remember, progress is progress, no matter how seemingly small or incremental. Numbers are just numbers, and oftentimes the progress will come in the smallest of them.

Brick By Brick
08-07-08, 1:40 pm
Nice chest session. I hope to post something today that will look decent compared to your recent training.
As for myself, I lifted medium-heavy since 1998 for hockey, but just to supplement my goaltending. I started back up last April with CrossFit (don't ask). That, at least, taught me how to do the overhead Olympic lifts, which helped with strongwoman stuff. I gave up CrossFit when it got cold last October, and devoted my time to strongwoman and powerlifting. My baseline PRs last year, and now:

All lifts raw, belt, knee wraps, wrist wraps, neoprene elbow sleeves, chalk.
Squat - 100/265
Bench - 100/130
DL - 100/285
Push Press - 50/120
Clean and Press - 50/120
Max Stone Load - 120 (with chalk)/170 (with tacky)
Strict EZ Bar Bicep Curl - 35/70

mk53220
08-10-08, 2:46 pm
Chest:
Incline DB Flyes: 3x8 50lbs
Incline Bench: 3x10 145lbs
Dips: 3x20 Body
Wide Grip Bench: 4x10 135lbs

Delts:
Reverse Pec-Deck Flyes: 3x10 100lbs
Overhead DB Press: 3x8 40lbs
DB Shrugs: 4x15 80lbs

Man I felt this one. I forgot to take my Pak and I felt that too. It really does make a difference. My brother's gettin home from South America today so I'll be back on in a couple days probably. I'll be sure to visit y'all soon though.

P.S. I feel TRASHED from the workouts.

Nice flys way to strech those pecs brotha! Also nice shruggin!

Mutant
08-11-08, 2:58 am
Thanks all. I had a fun few days with my brother gettin home and now it's time to get back on track with the lifting. I'm kinda losing my training partner due to pregnancy. She's not gonna be liftin so hard for awhile and I'm gonna take this opportunity to work in a bunch of pyramid work. I think that's definitely the way to go here. Tomorrow is chest and shoulders. I think...we'll see...

Phil800101
08-11-08, 10:39 am
Sounds good bro, kick some ass and take some names!

Mutant
08-12-08, 12:04 pm
Here's my attempt at kickin ass and takin names...

Chest:
Incline DB Flyes: 3x12 40lbs
Incline Bench: 3x12,8,6 135,145,150lbs
DB Bench: 3x12,8,6 60,70,70lbs
Dips: 4xfailure 15reps unassisted

Shoulders:
Overhead DB Press: 3x12,8,6 35,45,50lbs
Front/side DB Raises: 2x12 20lbs
Shrugs: 4x10 85lbs

I felt an amazing pump!! I was happy. I think I need to add a set to everything.

Phil800101
08-12-08, 1:13 pm
Killer session my man, nice work! I think you did bro.

sly06
08-12-08, 3:32 pm
Great workout bro. I wouldn't go above 12 sets for chest. Have to watch overtraining. Keep at it.

Mutant
08-12-08, 4:28 pm
Killer session my man, nice work! I think you did bro.

Thanks man I try. What's new?

Great workout bro. I wouldn't go above 12 sets for chest. Have to watch overtraining. Keep at it.

What is your usual sets you do for a given body part man? Around 12 for bigger muscles and 8 for smaller?

mk53220
08-12-08, 9:49 pm
Here's my attempt at kickin ass and takin names...

Chest:
Incline DB Flyes: 3x12 40lbs
Incline Bench: 3x12,8,6 135,145,150lbs
DB Bench: 3x12,8,6 60,70,70lbs
Dips: 4xfailure 15reps unassisted

Shoulders:
Overhead DB Press: 3x12,8,6 35,45,50lbs
Front/side DB Raises: 2x12 20lbs
Shrugs: 4x10 85lbs

I felt an amazing pump!! I was happy. I think I need to add a set to everything.

Nice lifts. espically on the dips always great to do those till failure. add a set and add weight baby and grow like an oak tree!

Phil800101
08-13-08, 12:15 am
Thanks man I try. What's new?

Not much. Polygraph tomorrow. What's new with you?

hjayss
08-13-08, 12:38 am
looking good big money..nice chest/shoulder session

Brick By Brick
08-13-08, 9:08 am
Nice work, Mutant, keep at it my brotha. I'm just kicking back, waiting for Aug. 20 and 21.

sly06
08-13-08, 9:57 am
What is your usual sets you do for a given body part man? Around 12 for bigger muscles and 8 for smaller?

I usually like to stick around 12 for chest. Now legs and back I will do much more. For shoulder, tri's, and bi's between 9-12. It just depends on what you are doing and how heavy. Just focus on the squeeze. Again, great workout.

Mutant
08-15-08, 4:18 am
looking good big money..nice chest/shoulder session

Thaks man! I appreciate it. Good to see you around. How ya been?

Nice work, Mutant, keep at it my brotha. I'm just kicking back, waiting for Aug. 20 and 21.

Where's that gonna be held again?

I usually like to stick around 12 for chest. Now legs and back I will do much more. For shoulder, tri's, and bi's between 9-12. It just depends on what you are doing and how heavy. Just focus on the squeeze. Again, great workout.

That sound pretty solid man. Thanks for the advice and the support. Gotta give my muscles a chance to grow!!

Mutant
08-15-08, 4:23 am
Leg Day...

Quads:
Squats: 135x15
135x15
225x12
245x10
275x6 Too easy.
Deep Squats: 2x8 135lbs Kept it light cuz I feel these in my knees.
Leg Press: 4x12 260lbs

Hams:
Lying Leg Curls: 4x8 130lbs
Standing Alt. Leg Curls: 4x12 50lbs

Calves:
Standing Calf Raises: 4x15 360lbs

Pretty tough workout. I feel totally trashed!

Thanks to everyone for stoppin by if I've missed ya! I've been kinda bust lately.

sly06
08-15-08, 11:42 am
Leg Day...

Quads:
135x15
225x12
245x10
275x6 Too easy.

Hams:

Calves:

Thanks to everyone for stoppin by if I've missed ya! I've been kinda bust lately.

STUAS FOR YOU! Great job bro.

Phil800101
08-15-08, 12:56 pm
Sick wheels session bro! Definite SUTAS from that.

Brick By Brick
08-15-08, 12:59 pm
Nice leg day, Mutant, that'll make something good happen! The PL event for the Fire and Police Olympics are supposed to be at the Boise Center on the Grove. I have to go register on Sunday, so I'll let you know what the schedule is. It's hard to tell what they have in mind from reading the registration paperwork.

mk53220
08-15-08, 8:24 pm
Leg Day...

Quads:
135x15
225x12
245x10
275x6 Too easy.

Hams:

Calves:

Its great to say a tough day lifting. Eventhough you say the 275 was too easy as long as you walk out that gym happy with what you did and how you feel it makes it that muchbetter!! Great lifts brotha!

shizz702
08-17-08, 6:32 pm
Nice squatting mutant! 275x6 was easy for you so I expect to see a jump in weight or more reps next time ;)

mcbeast
08-17-08, 6:35 pm
You didnt go ATG with the 275?

Regardless some heavy weight.

Mutant
08-17-08, 9:12 pm
STUAS FOR YOU! Great job bro.

Oh yeah, it was indeed! I definitly felt like I had a stick up my ass! How's shit goin for ya?

Sick wheels session bro! Definite SUTAS from that.

X2 man. I'm still feelin it. What's the time table on the Academy?

Nice leg day, Mutant, that'll make something good happen! The PL event for the Fire and Police Olympics are supposed to be at the Boise Center on the Grove. I have to go register on Sunday, so I'll let you know what the schedule is. It's hard to tell what they have in mind from reading the registration paperwork.

Ok, keep me posted and thanks for stoppin in.

Its great to say a tough day lifting. Eventhough you say the 275 was too easy as long as you walk out that gym happy with what you did and how you feel it makes it that muchbetter!! Great lifts brotha!

Yuo got that right. I was satisfied. All we can do is push harder the next time.

Nice squatting mutant! 275x6 was easy for you so I expect to see a jump in weight or more reps next time ;)

Don't worry man. I won't let ya down! ;)

You didnt go ATG with the 275?
Regardless some heavy weight.

Na, I have kind of a weird knee from highschool track and the doc said to do ATG squats sparingly and with lighter weight. I like walking and lifting so I listen to him. And I trust him cuz he's an athlete too. I am hoping to bring my numbers up to what y'all are doin'. I got a bunch of serious ANIMALS pushing me along here!! Thanks!

Mutant
08-17-08, 9:18 pm
Back day, and I thought I'd throw in some abs for good measure.

Back:
Hammer Rows: 15x192lbs
10x212lbs
8x222lbs
6x232lbs
DB Rows: 10x65lbs
8x75lbs
6x85lbs
Pullups: 3xfailure 6,6,3 reps
Lat Pulldowns: 10x50lbs
8x85lbs
6x100lbs
Deadlifts: 12x135lbs
10x185lbs
8x185lbs
6x205lbs
3x215lbs
Abs:
Double crunch: 3x20 50lbs
Yoga-ball twisting crunch: 3x20 slow

Holy shit...I'm trashed. That is all for me. I really felt those Deads. And I'll probably feel em more tomorrow. HA!

mcbeast
08-17-08, 9:19 pm
deads at the end of a workout bring out the man in you,good work

Mutant
08-19-08, 12:55 am
deads at the end of a workout bring out the man in you,good work

Thanks but I didn't feel like a man, more like a fuckin zombie. Everything sounded like it was 100 yards off and I couldn't really feel my extremities. That's a bit dramatic but the only way I can describe it. ;)

Mutant
08-19-08, 1:02 am
I gotta thank everybody who comes here and supports me. I haven't had a lot of it in my life and it really is great to feel the positive vibes from fellow animals on journeys of their own. Thanks a ton everyone!

Today's work:

Interval training: 20min running w/intermittent sprints.

Got cut short due to lightning. Came back in and did 5x20 yoga ball crunches. Also did some martial arts drills. I've been trying to get back into that.

I finally saw the Dark Knight and damn! what a movie. I feel really inspired and motivated. There's a lot of crap in the world but we can all rise above it and that is my true journey. My real life's work. That's why I wanna be a cop. That's why I push myself to breaking point.

Phil800101
08-19-08, 2:19 am
Awesome work my man! Keep it up bro.

Themostocles
08-19-08, 2:25 am

Back:
10x212lbs
8x222lbs
6x232lbs
8x75lbs
6x85lbs
8x85lbs
6x100lbs
10x185lbs
8x185lbs
6x205lbs
3x215lbs
Abs:

Holy shit...I'm trashed. That is all for me. I really felt those Deads. And I'll probably feel em more tomorrow. HA!

Strong looking back w/o. Keeping it strong Mutant. -T.

Phil800101
08-19-08, 2:36 am
Oh yeah, to answer your question...no clue. They're doing my background check now. One more step after that and I make the list. Then I play the waiting game...could be a few months, could be two years...

sly06
08-19-08, 8:56 am
Great back day bro. That movie is kick ass and has meaning behind it. Keep at it.

mk53220
08-19-08, 7:42 pm

Back:
10x212lbs
8x222lbs
6x232lbs
8x75lbs
6x85lbs
8x85lbs
6x100lbs
10x185lbs
8x185lbs
6x205lbs
3x215lbs
Abs:

Damn Mutant. Gonna have an ape strength back with all that work man!!

Brick By Brick
08-19-08, 10:58 pm
Killer session, Mutant. We start the meet at 10 a.m. tomorrow at the Boise Center on the Grove, if you're in the neighborhood. Get some rest, buddy!

shizz702
08-19-08, 11:01 pm
Damn good back day bro! You killed it!

Brick By Brick
08-20-08, 7:25 pm
I trained at Gold's today over by ParkCenter, and I had a great time! I'm going back in a month to get my BF% checked again, so we should meet up. Let me know if you would be interested.

Mutant
08-22-08, 1:21 pm
Strong looking back w/o. Keeping it strong Mutant. -T.

Hey thanks man! I appreciate it. Any tips for me?

Oh yeah, to answer your question...no clue. They're doing my background check now. One more step after that and I make the list. Then I play the waiting game...could be a few months, could be two years...

Whoa. Well, keep us updated. I'm sure you'll make it man.

Great back day bro. That movie is kick ass and has meaning behind it. Keep at it.

No kiddin man! It's motivating for sure. Thanks man.

Damn Mutant. Gonna have an ape strength back with all that work man!!

That's what the idea is. I got a long way to go to 200lbs of solid muscle!

Damn good back day bro! You killed it!

Thanks man. It killed me though.

I trained at Gold's today over by ParkCenter, and I had a great time! I'm going back in a month to get my BF% checked again, so we should meet up. Let me know if you would be interested.

You just tell me when and where and I'll see if I can make it. I have a Gold's membership, all access. That would be awesome!

Mutant
08-22-08, 1:37 pm
Ok, I got a lot of catching up to do. I let things get away from me. But here goes...

Aug. 18
Arms:
Close grip bench-12x95lbs, 10x115lbs, 8x135lbs, 6x155lbs, 12x135lbs
Skullcrushers-12x30lbs, 10x50lbs, 8x60lbs, 6x70lbs, 12x60lbs
DB Overhead Ext.-2x12 50lbs

Standing BB Curl-12x45lbs, 10x55lbs, 8x65lbs, 6x75lbs, 12x65lbs
Standing DB Curl-12x20lbs, 10x20lbs, 8x25lbs, 6x30lbs

Aug. 19:
Interval running 20min Abs: 5x20 yoga ball crunches

Aug. 20:
Rest- much needed!

Aug. 21:
Chest:
DB Bench: 12x50lbs, 10x60lbs, 8x65lbs, 6x70lbs, 6x70lbs, 12x60lbs
Incline DB Flies: 12x30lbs, 10x35lbs, 8x40lbs, 6x45lbs, 6x45lbs, 12x35lbs
Flat Hammer Press: 2x5 200lbs

Shoulders:
Overhead Hammer Press: 12x100lbs, 10x120lbs, 5x140lbs, 5x140lbs
Side Raises: 12x15lbs, 10x20lbs, 6x25lbs, 6x25lbs, 10x20lbs
DB Shrugs: 2x12 80lbs

I'm feelin pretty trashed at this point. It was really a war in the gym. I really like the pyramid work.

If anyone has any tips for me feel free to share, I'm always open and it's not often you get this much knowledge in one place.

I turn 24 on the 24th! I don't know what I'm gonna do yet. Something fun hopefully. Thanks for stoppin by guys!

Phil800101
08-22-08, 10:17 pm
Sick workouts bro, nice work! Keep on killing it, you're doing great.

Thanks my man, I know I will. I'm not too worried.

Themostocles
08-22-08, 11:50 pm
Happy pre-Birthday then. I thought I had better get it now, I will flake it out by Sunday lol. Thats alot of work this week, you are really kicking ass. How do you like that hammer press? My gym has one, and keep intending to getting around to try it, I just don't. Does it work well for you? -T.

sly06
08-23-08, 12:35 am
Happy birthday in the future bro. Good workouts. Just keep pushing them out!

Brick By Brick
08-23-08, 1:40 am
Great session, bud! And happy birthday. We can go head to head on most of your training there, just give me four weeks to bring the rest of it up to speed, lol.

shizz702
08-23-08, 5:57 pm
Good workouts bro! Keep it up!

Mutant
08-28-08, 5:59 pm
Things have been fuckin crazy with school starting and work and trying to keep up on my workouts! I'll reply to all of you here soon and I'll make sure to drop by your journeys and catch up. I guess no one said this shit would be easy huh?

mcbeast
08-28-08, 6:11 pm
Never easy bro..never.If it was everyone would do it.

Phil800101
08-28-08, 10:07 pm
Never easy bro..never.If it was everyone would do it.

Agreed. It's all good bro, hit us up and post up in here when you can.

Themostocles
08-28-08, 11:39 pm
It ain't easy, but thats why you are doing it. We will all be here when you get time. -T.

shizz702
08-28-08, 11:41 pm
Nothing easy about it friend. Remember anything worth your while requires effort on your part, so you just keep putting in work!

Mutant
05-05-09, 9:29 pm
Well, here I am after a long separation from the FORVM. I missed this place. Things got really crazy awhile ago as the birth of my baby came closer and school got deeper into the semester,and I wasn't able to visit very often. But things have calmed down a bit now and I can visit periodically. I don't know if anyone remembers me here. We'll see.

Phil800101
05-06-09, 1:23 pm
Good to see you back bro!

sly06
05-06-09, 1:34 pm
Welcome back. Now get back to work in the gym. It's calling your name.

Mutant
05-06-09, 2:58 pm
Ha ha! Yeah, don't worry the gym hasn't been missin' me. Updates to come soon...

Mutant
05-12-09, 7:57 pm
Well damn!! Seems like I'm part of the old guard here. Don't know if anyone I know even visits that much anymore. I could be writing this for myself but that's ok.

Here's the new split. I'm trying out something called DC training. It's a little different but you never know if it'll work unless you try.

Week 1
Friday
Chest, Shoulders, Tris, Back
Sunday
Bis, Forearms, Quads, Hams, Calves
Tuesday
Chest, Shoulders, Tris, Back

Week 2
Friday
Bis, Forearms, Quads, Hams, Calves
Sunday
Chest Shoulders, Tris, Back
Tuesday
Bis, Forearms, Quads, Hams Calves

Start over.

It's a low volume method. You do a couple warm up sets then pick a weight that you can hit 8 reps with and rest pause up to 15 or more. All except rows squats and other exercises it'd be dangerous with. I do abs and cardio on off days with one rest day a week. I'll keep you posted.

Phil800101
05-12-09, 11:43 pm
Looks like a solid plan bro.

Mutant
05-13-09, 2:21 am
Thanks man. I'll be around soon brother.

Mutant
05-14-09, 5:07 pm
Tough day at the gym. Here it is.

DB Bench- 1x15 75lbs Rest/Pause
Hammer Shoulder press- 1x15 140lbs RP
Pull-ups- 1x15 Body RP
T-Bar Rows- 1x15 80lbs RP
Skullcrushers- 1x15 70lbs RP

It looks different and it is. Don't let the low volume fool you. This killed me. I'm pretty impressed with it so far so I'll keep the updates coming.

Phil800101
05-26-09, 1:51 am
How are things bro? Last workout looked solid.

Mutant
05-28-09, 3:37 pm
I'm on the second week of the rotation now buddy. Next week Monday is when I hit the same workouts again and start trying to defeat the logbook. We'll see how it goes. I'm hopeful though because I've been sore for the last week and a half now! The low volume certainly isn't easy if you go balls to the wall. Real updates with real numbers to come soon... Thanks for checkin' in on me man!

Phil800101
05-29-09, 2:54 pm
I'm on the second week of the rotation now buddy. Next week Monday is when I hit the same workouts again and start trying to defeat the logbook. We'll see how it goes. I'm hopeful though because I've been sore for the last week and a half now! The low volume certainly isn't easy if you go balls to the wall. Real updates with real numbers to come soon... Thanks for checkin' in on me man!

Sounds good, kill it bro!

Mutant
06-19-09, 1:40 am
Well, I haven't kept up on my updates as well as I had hoped but I do have some good stuff here to share.

1. My lifts are going up like crazy! I did DB Flat Bench with 85 pounders for ten straight reps. That's the most I've ever done. All my other lifts are goin' up in much the same manner.

2. I've gained about eight pounds of muscle in in the month I've been doing this routine. That puts me at 164-165 lbs. I know I still have weight to gain, but I'll get there.

I'll post some actual workout numbers next time. Until then, the work will continue...

Phil800101
06-19-09, 3:55 am
Awesome bro! Keep up the great work.

Mutant
12-06-09, 4:13 pm
Well, I'm back from a long break. Life gets crazy as we all know and I didn't have time to post here, though I have been lurking. I like what I see. Anyway, I've simplified things lately and now have time to post a little again. I've made progress and I want to keep making progress. Hopefully this will be the first of many posts I make. Next time is the goals I want to set for myself. New Year is coming up which means new opportunities. I'm excited!

Phil800101
12-07-09, 3:39 am
Well, I'm back from a long break. Life gets crazy as we all know and I didn't have time to post here, though I have been lurking. I like what I see. Anyway, I've simplified things lately and now have time to post a little again. I've made progress and I want to keep making progress. Hopefully this will be the first of many posts I make. Next time is the goals I want to set for myself. New Year is coming up which means new opportunities. I'm excited!

Glad to see you back bro!

Mutant
12-08-09, 6:59 pm
As promised here are the goals I said I would set. I believe it's important to tell people your goals and make yourself accountable to them. It helps with drive and motivation. My short term goals are Bench: 250lbs Squat: 400 Dead: 400. by Jan 1, 2010. It's a tall order. I'm sitting at 240, 380, 360 respectively. I'm going to try. More than anything my goal is to prepare my body for the assault that starts with the new year. It's gonna be intense. I'm in the process of planning it right now. More to come...

Themostocles
12-09-09, 1:39 am
If your goals are the big three, train for the big three. Don't abuse your CNS by going heavy till your attemp, work it up there.

Phil800101
12-09-09, 3:44 am
If your goals are the big three, train for the big three. Don't abuse your CNS by going heavy till your attemp, work it up there.

Yup, gotta train smart. Good advice right there.

You can do it bro, just keep on pushing and they will be yours!

Mutant
12-09-09, 12:50 pm

Yup, gotta train smart. Good advice right there.

You can do it bro, just keep on pushing and they will be yours!

That sounds like solid advice to me. So pyramid work then? That's what I've been doing so far. I do plenty of warm up sets until my working sets and right now my working sets are 6RMs. On my assistance exercises I stick to 10-12 reps and keep the volume moderate.

And thanks for the support it's good to be back in the brotherhood.

Themostocles
12-09-09, 11:20 pm
I wouldnt go above 90% of your current max for a single, and not then till the week before your max. Probably stick to 3-5 reps up to 80% for most of it. SOunds good on the accessories

BionicMasterPiece
12-09-09, 11:24 pm
Tough day at the gym. Here it is.

DB Bench- 1x15 75lbs Rest/Pause
Hammer Shoulder press- 1x15 140lbs RP
Pull-ups- 1x15 Body RP
T-Bar Rows- 1x15 80lbs RP
Skullcrushers- 1x15 70lbs RP

It looks different and it is. Don't let the low volume fool you. This killed me. I'm pretty impressed with it so far so I'll keep the updates coming.

Strong!

Mutant
12-12-09, 6:46 pm
I wouldnt go above 90% of your current max for a single, and not then till the week before your max. Probably stick to 3-5 reps up to 80% for most of it. SOunds good on the accessories

Cool. That's about what I was doin'. It's gonna change though. I'm anxious to start my New Year's routine so I'm gonna jump the gun!

Strong!

Hey thanks buddy!

Mutant
12-12-09, 7:20 pm
Here we go. This is a sixteen week assault meant to add strength and density.

Split
Monday- Chest
Tuesday- Legs
Wednesday- Rest
Thursday- Shoulders, Triceps
Friday- Back
Saturday- Biceps
Sunday- Rest

Workout
Chest: Bench- 3x5
Floor Press- 2x5
Telephone Book Press- 2x5
Incline DB Press- 3x8
Machine Chest Press- 3x10

Legs: Squat- 4x5
Leg Press- 4x10
Hack Squat- 3x8
Leg Extension- 3x20
Lying leg Curl- 4x15
Romanian Dead- 3x10

Shoulders, Triceps: Reverse Pec-Deck- 3x15
Overhead Barbell Press- 3x8
Overhead DB Press- 3x8
Lateral Raise- 3x8-10
Seated Front Raise- 3x10
Close-Grip Bench- 4x 15,12,10,8
Kickback- 3x15
Skullcrusher- 4x 15,12,10,8
Rope Pressdown- 4x12,10,8,8

Back: Dead- 4x5
Pull-up- 3x15
Barbell Row- 3x10
Seated Cable Row- 3x10
Wide Grip Puldown- 3x10

Biceps: Standing Alt. DB Curl- 3x10
Barbell Curl- 3x10
Hammer Curl- 3x8

Calves and Abs are alternated every other workout. Cardio is light, 2-3 times per week and not too intense.

Phil800101
12-13-09, 4:46 am
Looks like a solid plan bro!

Mutant
12-14-09, 12:07 am
Looks like a solid plan bro!

Thanks man. We'll see how it works.

So now it's time to swallow some pride and post some "before" stats.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 160 (I was sick for two week and lost some weight)

Bench: Around 240
Squat: Around 380
Dead: Around 360

Themostocles
12-14-09, 12:13 am
LOL, nothing to be ashamed of. Still better than me on the squat and I have 60lbs on you

Mutant
12-16-09, 3:02 am
Had a killer chest day yesterday.

Bench: 3x5 185lbs
Floor press: 2x5 135lbs
Telephone book bench: 2x5 135lbs
Incline DB press: 3x8 60lbs
Machine press: 3x10 90lbs

The crazy thing is that my inner pecs are sore too! It was one hell of a workout. The goal is more weight every time. More to come...

Themostocles
12-16-09, 3:07 am
Solid chest work bro. Speed good on the bench as well?

Mutant
12-16-09, 12:58 pm
Solid chest work bro. Speed good on the bench as well?

What exactly do you mean? My explosiveness?

Phil800101
12-16-09, 3:04 pm
Killer session my man! Keep it up.

Themostocles
12-16-09, 11:09 pm
What exactly do you mean? My explosiveness?

Exactly what I meant

Mutant
12-17-09, 6:49 pm
Exactly what I meant

It's pretty good until the last few reps of the last set. ;) I've always been a believer in balistic training.

Mutant
12-21-09, 3:01 pm
I had some great training sessions last week, but it was all to figure out where to start out at so now I get serious with the numbers.

Today is chest day. The war begins...

Mutant
01-11-10, 8:37 pm
Holidays and Fiesta bowl is over which means the consistency can start. It was fun but I am happy to get back into the gym.

Jan. 11, 2010
Bench: 3x5 190
Floor Press: 2x5 155
Phonebook Bench: 2x5 155
Incline DB Press: 3x8 65
Machine Press: 3x10 130
Standing Calf Raise: 3x25 135
Seated Calf Raise: 3x25 45

Pretty good day. I was happy with it. I also set a new PR in the Bench over the weekend. 245 lbs. The gains are coming slowly but steadily.

Themostocles
01-12-10, 12:19 am
Congrats on the PR!

Phil800101
01-12-10, 2:15 pm
Solid session my man, nice work! Congrats on the PR, keep on killing it bro.