PDA

View Full Version : Achievement: Reach A Goal? Personal record? Success story?

Diesel454
02-15-07, 2:29 am
This past weekend I set my personal record on bench at 370 which is 55 lbs higher than my last best. I know that might not seem like a lot to many of you, but I was pumped. I am 19, 5'11'' and i compete at 198 and weighted in that morning at 196. My bodyweight is normally 203 but I have to cut back on my diet a little bit to make weight. Being in college I see people in the gym pushing some pretty big weight, but their ass is off the bench and they bounce it off their chest. I compete in USAPL so its super strict. My new years resolution is a 405 lb. bench. I might change that to before school ends in june!

Nightshift
02-15-07, 3:01 am
Damn Bro!!

55lbs is impressive. Good on ya!.

Big Jawn
02-15-07, 3:04 am
Shirted?
Either way your ahead of me, we have very similar stats though...I'm 6'0, 197-203lbs, and compete in the IPF (CPU) as well.
Nice PR man, it can only go up from there...the 405 is there before 08' for sure.

deeder
02-15-07, 11:14 am
It always feels good to break your old PRs but damn that must feel great CRUSHING it!

musclealchemist
02-15-07, 11:16 am
good job man, and its good that you did it by not arching your back. i hated it when people do that.

BIG45s
02-15-07, 11:35 am
Not a lot of weight? A 55pound jump is very impressive! Great work! What program are you using?

-Define Your Self-
02-15-07, 12:01 pm
thats awesome man! i had a similar fortune back in early december i was down around a 230 max i just hit 275-- way to go with competing i hope to do the same soon.

YeaILift
02-15-07, 12:41 pm
Great job solid increase.

Diesel454
02-15-07, 11:59 pm
i had a titan F6 on. Came off my chest super easy, but I had to fight the lockout. My raw max is about 335. People at my school say wearing a shirt is cheating. I say no, it's powerlifting. O and you gotta love when you're doing board work with more weight than any one else in the gym can squat. I lift at a college rec center and no one there knows how to lift. Pisses me off to see people with 315 on the squat bar and going down half way. fuckin pussies. sorry just had to get that out

focused
02-19-07, 8:40 pm
Hey bro's, i've seen some other threads talking about the worst thing that has happened to you in the gym. But i put in a search didn't see this so..

What's your biggest achievement in the gym, or at a show, or completely transforming yourself, whatever it may be, post it here fellas and ladies....

PlacentiaBay
02-19-07, 9:31 pm
cut 50lbs before my last bulk now i got another 50 to go this time to get to where i wanna be

NickSP
02-19-07, 9:35 pm
Couple options...

I know it's not in the gym, but we had a post a while ago about what brought you here/sport you're into.....so I'll throw it in. Both Jr and Sr year I won our conference in wrestling. The finals match Jr year was better though, it was against a kid I knew from the next town over and he was a pretty cool kid, we had wrestled just a couple weeks prior and I beat him by two points both times. A lot of people at the tournament thought our match was the best finals match of the tourny. However, Sr year I was captain and we won the conference as a team, so actually I change, Sr year was better, I've never broken down like that before - probably one of the best days of my life.

When I was a hungry up and coming kid on the team, I loved going in early mornings with my coach to lift before school. Lifting for wrestling, I had cleans in my routine, and I loved em so much, just cause it was all about getting pissed and really exploding, I think it was sophomore year or maybe summer of, I was maxin out tryin to hit 180 or somethin like that and after going for it like 3 or 4 times I finally got it, keep in mind I was a scrawny 130 lber or so and had only been lifting for a little while.

Only other comparable thing was hitting 395 for deads today, on my 6th set nonetheless.

TylerC
02-19-07, 9:40 pm
It was actually today at the gym believe it or not. Last week I upped my max on deadlifts by 10 pounds then previous, one rep (I was shooting for two). Well today I was doing deads and I had on 10 more pounds than what I did last week and I tried to get it and failed, couldn't get it up. Well this guy was wanting to use the machine behind me (machines are kind of close together) so he was watching me and encouraging me on my next set of deadlifts. I pulled my 10-pound-heavier max for 3 reps.

grissinger
02-19-07, 9:53 pm
Finding the squat rack

Mean Machine
02-19-07, 11:01 pm
Finally squating in the 400's. I worked towards that for quite a while. 500's is next on the list along with getting my bench back up over 315.

Angst
02-19-07, 11:08 pm
On that leg day I decided to finish the workout by doing squats last. The gym was crowded so I had to work in with 2 older guys at the power rack. We were trading sets like crazy and I barely getting a minute of rest between sets. I tried to make it to the trash can but I couldn't, so I puked all over the gym floor. I was able to earn their respect and even tho I was weak and skinny compared to most people at that time, I proved to everyone that I do belong in the weight room.

txpower
02-19-07, 11:09 pm
when i was a freshman in highschool at the age of 14 i was about 280 pounds. I was suicidal, and all the exercise i got was killing people on video games. One of the guys in my history class convinced me to go out for the football team. Having never worked so hard in my life i was basically sweating the fat off. Come offseason I fell in love with the weights. Other guys would go to after school workouts and throw the ball around or play flag football and I would be in that sweaty ass gym grueling it out. I never developed the passion for playing that I did for the iron, so when I got knocked out and spent about 3 days in coma I retired from the team, became the team manager and busted my ass in the weight room every day. I'm now 225 I don't know my bf% but I have the whole ab thing going on. So I guess my biggest achievement was a life transformation

scals
02-20-07, 12:17 am
The day I proved everyone, including myself wrong. No one thought I could get 315 up. I got under it and pressed it out for 4. No ones doubted me since.

Phil800101
02-20-07, 12:29 am
Finally getting off my ass and getting serious about hitting the iron and getting myself in shape. It's still a work in progress for sure, but I've come a hell of a long way in the last eighteen months.

So Fresh 007
02-20-07, 12:30 am
my greates achievement was probably the day i cleaned 250 i was stuck at 230 FOREVER and was not able to get further and one day i had a confrentation in the weightroom with another kid and these kids were doing deadlifts with 250 on the bar and they stopped to see what i was yelling at this kid for and when i was like FUCK YOU ur a ***got i turned around got so the kid could c me and i cleaned 250 off the floor no problem whatso ever and felt like an absolute beast bc i not only broke my record by 20 pounds but later found out it was a plan to get me SO PISSED off that that adrenaline would hit me so i could get it me and him are pretty good friends now bc it was a sweet plan and worked amazingly

Phenom
02-20-07, 12:54 am
Sweet..Im puttin up 225 on power cleans now..I was stuck on 205 for the longest time...Good form/wrists is key..

The Prodigy
03-11-08, 11:48 pm
Not lookin for any praise or anything, but i had to tell someone since no one in my school knows what i'm talkin about. I finally did it. After 1 and a half years i finally squatted 315 for 20 reps atg style. Now i can finally pass that mental block of not getting it, and move on to bigger and better weight. It was the single hardest set i have ever done before. I saw firework like streaks at rep 15, is that normal? All

Camdog
03-12-08, 12:16 am
315 lbs for 20 reps, thats an impressive number

Roland
03-12-08, 3:03 am
Nice widowmaker bro...strong. Keep it up.

RogueLion
03-12-08, 9:46 am
Widowmakers are where warriors are forged or crushed

Nice jobon that lift. I'm hitting 225 for 25 atg and it makes me puke. I can't even imagine 315 right now for 20 reps

Enforcer
03-12-08, 9:48 am
Good shit bro. Keep up the good work.

firsthorseman97
03-12-08, 9:50 am
Not lookin for any praise or anything, but i had to tell someone since no one in my school knows what i'm talkin about. I finally did it. After 1 and a half years i finally squatted 315 for 20 reps atg style. Now i can finally pass that mental block of not getting it, and move on to bigger and better weight. It was the single hardest set i have ever done before. I saw firework like streaks at rep 15, is that normal? All

Great accomplishment! To answer your question, yes its normal. Just make sure your breathing correctly. I notice it happening when I start holding my breath.

Jala_B
03-15-08, 10:33 am
I hit 115 on my bench! It has been eluding me for about a month and a half..... It felt so great!! Now on to 120!

norrim1
03-15-08, 10:49 am
I hit 115 on my bench! It has been eluding me for about a month and a half..... It felt so great!! Now on to 120!

Great news! Very impressive.....120 is yours!

Malloy1344
03-15-08, 12:23 pm
great job bro! congrats. now on to bigger things!

TylerC
03-15-08, 12:27 pm
I think she's a sis

Phil800101
03-15-08, 12:46 pm
Congratulations! There is nothing like the feeling of hitting an elusive PR...and then as soon as you hit it, you want the next one...

naturalguy
03-15-08, 1:07 pm
Congrats, thats a step, now onto the next one!

deanna7272
03-15-08, 1:08 pm
You go girl!!!! I'm impressed... Keep it up!

newbreed
03-15-08, 1:40 pm
Great work! Keep kicking ass!

musclealchemist
03-15-08, 2:22 pm
you will notice something: the more you eat the more your bench will go up. So dont stop eating, and keep working your butt off. Congrats.

BryanSmash!
03-15-08, 2:36 pm
Great job Jala! Hope that snow is finally melting on your side of the state too!

AllSheWrote
03-15-08, 2:56 pm
thats awesome, keep up the good work

I see many females struggling with getting the bar plus 10 pounds up at my gym, its great to see a woman with a desire to put on some muscle and lift more weight.

I wish I could find myself a woman like that... agreed??!

Malloy1344
03-15-08, 3:08 pm
I think she's a sis

oops, I suck :). Congrats Sis!

widdlewade44
03-15-08, 3:12 pm
Congrats! Onwards and upwards, good luck with conquering the next hurdles.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Jala_B
03-16-08, 9:06 am
Great work! Keep kicking ass!

I plan to!

Great job Jala! Hope that snow is finally melting on your side of the state too!

Yes, I am SOOOO happy. My kids are starting to go absolutely stir crazy!

thats awesome, keep up the good work

I see many females struggling with getting the bar plus 10 pounds up at my gym, its great to see a woman with a desire to put on some muscle and lift more weight.

I wish I could find myself a woman like that... agreed??!

Thanks. I sometimes forget that it is not "normal" for at least a couple of girls to be in lifting heavier. Everyone is so used to me at my gym that I barely (just every once in a while now) get the strange looks anymore.

This past weekend, the family and I went to Superior (WI) to go to my grandpas 87th birthday party. The hotel that we stay at give free passes to a gym just down the road. I have heard from a few people that this gym has the best free weights in town. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go for a session...(2 days off, I hated it!). I did convince the hubby to stop so I could at least LOOK at the weights....had to at least get a little fix. (By the way, he thought I was partially insane for this, he said if we were at Venice Beach or something he could understand, but a gym in WI, not so much)

The weight room was pretty impressive, I have to say. There were a couple of guys in there who were DLing, and that is my favorite lift. When I saw that the bar was only at 175, I COULD NOT RESIST doing a couple of quick reps. (I did ask one of the guys first, not rude.) The other guy didn't hear me mention that I lifted so he just about had a heart attack when I did my set-up and started pulling. I was just starting my pull when the guy says...."Are you sure you don't want to, okay, nevermind, you have it under control I guess." He was about to ask if I was sure I didn't want to take off some off the weight first. I did get 4 reps, and figured I better head out since the hubby and kids were in the car waiting for me.

It made me realize just how nice it is to have people used to me. It should be interesting in July when we go up for our vacation. I will get there, because I can't take 4 days off without going through withdrawl. I will have to get used to the strange looks again I guess.

Congrats! Onwards and upwards, good luck with conquering the next hurdles.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Hopefully by the middle of May!

Madcat
03-16-08, 10:08 am
Congrads on the new achievement!!

But now you just need to shoot for something more!!

We all know you can do it, keep up the hardwork.

JMC
03-16-08, 2:28 pm
Congrats. Way to lay down some PR's...keep it up!

Brick By Brick
03-16-08, 4:33 pm
Great job, girl! Keep it up! I hit 130 last week, and I admit new BP PRs are always a thrill.

BryanSmash!
03-16-08, 9:57 pm
[ There were a couple of guys in there who were DLing, and that is my favorite lift. When I saw that the bar was only at 175, I COULD NOT RESIST doing a couple of quick reps. (I did ask one of the guys first, not rude.) The other guy didn't hear me mention that I lifted so he just about had a heart attack when I did my set-up and started pulling. I was just starting my pull when the guy says...."Are you sure you don't want to, okay, nevermind, you have it under control I guess." He was about to ask if I was sure I didn't want to take off some off the weight first. I did get 4 reps, and figured I better head out since the hubby and kids were in the car waiting for me.

This...is....awesome!

xxscaxx
03-17-08, 1:00 am
^^ lol i agree, thats awesome. i would have killed to see the look on their faces.

congrats on the PR, and keep on movin that weight!

FitinBoise
03-19-08, 12:07 am
I must be doing a few things right...

Weigh in tonight I have hit an all time high. I am now up to 198 lbs.!! Holy crap. I have never in my life weighed this much. I'm very excited. I still have a a good 8-10 weeks left to bulk too so yes, I am HAPPY. =)

I'm slightly surprised that I will be joining the club of those that gained a good amount while on the M-STAK! ha!! =)

FitinBoise
03-19-08, 9:06 am
Well, I thought it was great news anyway...

Hollow
03-19-08, 9:08 am
Congrats on the gain FitinBoise!

rocklockridge
03-19-08, 9:17 am
Considering that when I first started, I couldn't bench 100 lbs. at all, I am damn proud of this accomplishment. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dD3wXoJ5so

mdh84
03-19-08, 9:21 am
Right on bro. That's a great accomplishment.

Maccabee
03-19-08, 9:23 am
Nice lift bro...smooth and under control...

G Diesel
03-19-08, 9:27 am
Good shit bro... Not that many guys can do that. Props. Peace, G

widdlewade44
03-19-08, 9:31 am
Great job and congrats!

Kevin
widdlewade44

Brick By Brick
03-19-08, 10:25 am
310 lb PR, rack pull, below the knees, chalk, straps and belt, 3/17.

BamBam
03-19-08, 1:04 pm
Congrats!!!! There is no better feeling than hitting a PR or becoming stronger, better...

I tip my hat to you all!!!! Especially the women!...good work, and keep on pushing!!!!

Respect...In IRON,
Joshua

BrotherInArms
03-19-08, 2:20 pm
Nice.

LegendKillerJosh
03-19-08, 3:04 pm
At the Detroit ABC last Sunday - these are always a PR haven for me - I managed to break 3 of my own:

Incline DB Bench - 140s x 3
Incline BB Bench - 290 x 1
Seated Military - 100s x 6

Check out the gallery section for pictures. I think the Detroit ABC could be the tightest group - we all feed off of eachother and always bring out the best of everybody - sorry, I had to brag on my Detroit Playas.

Universal Rep
03-19-08, 3:06 pm
Congrats, fellas. Gains, no matter how small, is what the name of the game is all about. Gains are inversely proportional to experience, so keep that in mind.

mde42k
03-25-08, 8:48 pm
I pulled 500 lbs today, don't mean to brag but im pretty pumped up still

wsuiron
03-25-08, 8:51 pm
thats fuckin sick...when i see people reach a weight that is one of my goals it just motivates me even more...i can pull 455 goin for 500

Gambit
03-25-08, 8:52 pm
168lbs and I pulled 405lbs deadlift for 2 reps today. never did it for 1, but as I was going, I knew I had another one in me.

Jala_B
04-02-08, 12:03 pm
I hit 120 on my bench today!!! Working my way to 135!!!!

deanna7272
04-02-08, 1:44 pm
I hit 120 on my bench today!!! Working my way to 135!!!!

You go girl... I'm STILL proud of you...lol And you questioned the "inspiration" comment....lol

dannynb
06-05-08, 9:13 pm
Well I've back in the game and been after it for awhile...started out 208 not quite a year ago....been steadily bulking getting ready to return to the stage in november....weighed myself today....240 1/2lbs just under 11%. hell yeah...I'm pumped...now gotta go do shoulders....ya'll can erase this if ya want I just had to tell someone...lol

Maccabee
06-05-08, 10:08 pm
Those are some solid gains. Whats next? 260? lol

mjsef88
06-05-08, 10:13 pm
Well I've back in the game and been after it for awhile...started out 208 not quite a year ago....been steadily bulking getting ready to return to the stage in november....weighed myself today....240 1/2lbs just under 11%. hell yeah...I'm pumped...now gotta go do shoulders....ya'll can erase this if ya want I just had to tell someone...lol

AWESOME job man. I'm on my way to 250 myself. Right now i'm tipping the scales at 225 and about 15% bodyfat. being just under 11% at that weight is no joke. Haha no need to erase it, i'm using it as modivation. Again, good job man.

dannynb
06-05-08, 10:14 pm
Nope...just going on stage as hard and full as possible in november...next year though....focusing on nothing but growth and yes aiming for 260lbs.....only thing left to do is get bigger....ain't gonna get any taller. lol

InkdMuscle
06-05-08, 10:18 pm
way to go big dan. solis gains. keep it up bro.

dannynb
06-05-08, 10:23 pm
Thanks guys...after hurting my back 2 years ago I never thought I'd get back to this point...doc's told me to quit, family told me to quit...I made up my mind. Hasn't been easy but it's been worth it....and it's not even close to being over. I truely appreciate everyone on here...I'm just excited....maybe it was the pizza rolls last nite...lol

IronWilson
06-06-08, 9:24 am
....Oh, how I wish I could bench...

Wasteland
06-10-08, 11:15 am
Congratulations to all who've hit a PR.

BamBam
06-10-08, 1:06 pm
I hit the 90 lbs DB's for 10 on the fly. I was stoked and the heaviest I have ever gone!

Also, on the road to my second comp. I am weighing in at 223 lbs right now and have 14 weeks to go...hope to be on stage between a FREAKY 200-210 lbs. Biggest and leanest I have ever been (together as a combo..have been leaner)

IN IRON,
BB

MightyMouse666
06-17-08, 12:54 pm
I just wanted to say today is the best day of my life. I hit 365 on bench today (raw, I'm not a powerlifter). This is a personal record for me, and something I've wanted for a long time. I also want to thank everyone at Animalpak and on this Forvm for keeping my motivation levels up, just reading this shit everyday does wonders.

I feel that this is my greatest accomplishment of my life (so far). I'm not satisfied, nor will I ever be, I will always want more. But this is just the beginning. I'm 23, about 5'3", 155 lbs or so. Most "normal" people would think I'm fucked in my mind, since I prioritize these goals over my "career", etc. But they will never understand. I know anyone reading this will most likely understand how it feels to accomplish these goals which money can't buy. For those of you working on your goals, be patient and stay motivated.

WeaponX
06-17-08, 1:01 pm
Congrats man!!! Good advice too, keep it up!!

Brutus_515
06-17-08, 1:07 pm
Thats some big weight bro!...just taking a stab at it from your screen name you are a short dude too!..alway like hearin the little guys pushin nasty weight keep it up!

MightyMouse666
06-17-08, 1:16 pm
thanks guys, feedback is appreciated.

jer
06-17-08, 3:53 pm
Big time congrats.

365 at a BW of 155 is very impressive.

Keep at it brother.

BennoAus
06-20-08, 11:47 am
along the subject of PR's finally hit 500kg on the leg press, fully movement for 6 reps, about 2 weeks before leaving australia. whats that in lbs, something like 1000lbs? no idea but damn i gotta learn all the weights here are in lbs.

Brutus_515
06-20-08, 1:12 pm
not really a world record...but Im just about done with my first week of 2.5 hours of cardio daily...not very impressive but it was a pain in the dick

dyskee
06-29-08, 11:59 am
hey guys i know its nothing to write home about but last week i was deadlifting 180lbs today i just went and kept increasing and i got 225X7 well i can't fuckin believe it , this is huge for me especially at my current size of 130 lbs. can't wait to see if i can get moreeeee

Giant Killer
06-29-08, 12:04 pm
That's awesome bro...keep pluggin' at those Deads and watch your body grow. I think a lot of untapped size comes from the oft-neglected posterior chain.

Dedicated2Liftin
06-29-08, 1:06 pm
hey guys i know its nothing to write home about but last week i was deadlifting 180lbs today i just went and kept increasing and i got 225X7 well i can't fuckin believe it , this is huge for me especially at my current size of 130 lbs. can't wait to see if i can get moreeeee

Wow, that's really impressive (especially considering your size). Keep pushin' forward.

dannynb
06-29-08, 2:30 pm
Hell of a job bro...keep at it. I think deads are what given me most of my overall thickness...keep plugging and watch those PR's come and go.

simpleguy
06-29-08, 2:35 pm
haha I've seen it in your thread... awesome job

one thing, make sure to do them with proper form, in my 'good times' (LOL) I got easily to 245 and now I'd kill my lower back if I tried that... good form is more than numbers - but as long as you do them properly, every achievement is great

zanderfever
06-29-08, 2:39 pm
Congrats, man. You've almost done twice your bodyweight and thats more impressive than 300 pound man deadlifting 450.

simpleguy
06-29-08, 2:40 pm
Congrats, man. You've almost done twice your bodyweight and thats more impressive than 300 pound man deadlifting 450.

ditto... dyskee, you realise at your bw, you could be a successful powerlifter

P-Ram
06-29-08, 4:25 pm
Sick numbers dyskee, keep up the good work brother.

wedge
06-29-08, 4:31 pm
Good job. Keep pulling and knocking down those PRs.

dyskee
06-29-08, 5:10 pm
thnx alot guys ur words mean alot to me seriously :D

ya simpleguy my coach says that he wants me to enter a meet in 3 months so we'll work on it :D right now i can bench 135 for 12 reps and sqaut 135 for a good 15-20 don't know what my maxes are but my coach said we'll do a good job.

InkdMuscle
06-29-08, 5:21 pm
Whole testicle tuesday batman!! Congrats bro. Nothing like that feeling of passing your previous max. but to shatter it is even better. Keep that awesome work and stay focused. Im not a fortune teller but i do see 300lbs in your near future.

Pizzalamp
06-29-08, 7:50 pm
this is good news

shizz702
06-29-08, 8:02 pm
good job bro! stick with deadlifts, they will pay off!

eblnyc
06-29-08, 9:35 pm
great work..awesome deadlifting...

dyskee
06-30-08, 6:25 am
thnx alot guys i want to tell you that iam so fuckin sore today all over my body :D i hope u're right yokdup

hardhit71
07-05-08, 12:30 am
in december i got 315 on bench press for my first time. i was pretty pumped about it because i had never tried to max out. soon after i made a goal to get 400 by time i go to college. recently i got 375 but after that one rep i still felt like i had more in me. i just didnt want to push it. tomorrow is the day. ive come a long way so far. pedal to the metal. im going for it. 400 at 218lbs. wish me luck>>

PR's:
Bench: 375
Squat: 600
DL: it's been a while
Leg Press: 1700

Height: 6'2''
Weight: 218

J Wong
07-05-08, 12:56 am
Good luck, I'm not even 18 yet, but I can say that by the time your 25 your going to be strong(er) as fuck

mcbeast
07-05-08, 12:59 am
Kill it bro,your a monster,show the iron whose in charge!!

Jonisocool
07-05-08, 1:10 am
Do work

You got this man.

hardhit71
07-09-08, 1:49 am
sorry about the delay on the lift guys. i've been a little busy these past few days.

well....i have good news. 405 for 1 rep at 218lbs. 187 lbs over my bodyweight. heres how it went...:

warmup - 10 x 135
7 x 185
5 x 225
5 x 265
1 x 315
1 x 335
1 x 365
1 x 375
<<<<1 x 405>>>
21 x 185

time to set a new goal

crazy_rahul
07-09-08, 2:04 am
Awesome..Congratulations on a new PR ..
i'm 18 myself but nowhere close to wht u lift..
my personal best is 275 x 2 on the bench
got any videos on youtube or any pics of urself?..
u r really inspiring

Mizzarler
07-09-08, 4:17 am
600 squat!!!damn son im much more impressed with that haha

rocklockridge
12-13-08, 11:55 pm
10 years ago, I saw someone bench 400 in the gym for the first time. It was my first day in a gym and I was beginning my own journey. I had decided that I was going to do it someday. I initially got it for the first time in May 07, but I hurt my shoulders as my spotter failed to help me rack it. I had my dream for 3 seconds and I lost it. Fast forward to today and I finally climbed the mountain again and I got 405! As a matter of fact, i did it on two separate occasions today. I finally have my dream and now the time has come for me to enjoy the moment. Come Monday, though, I will be planning my next goals. Anything is possible, you just have to want it bad enough.

sodapop
12-14-08, 12:48 am
Nice job man, that's a hell of an accomplishment! Keep strivin!

simpleguy
12-14-08, 6:01 am
great work bro, I like your way of thinking, don't settle at this, strive for more

naturalguy
12-14-08, 9:07 am
That is really awesome. 405 has always been a goal of mine as well. I have not done barbell flat bench presses heavy in many years as it bothers my shoulder. I still have the same goal though to one day hit it.

Congrats my man, that is no small feat.

strivin for more
12-14-08, 7:00 pm
congrats man! my goals a lot smaller... but im strivin to get there. this is motivating.

rocky36
12-14-08, 7:51 pm
500 is next stay driven bro it will be a reality in no time

V Man
12-19-08, 7:37 am
It never ceases to amaze me the numbers people push on this forum.

405 is one hell of a lift. Ive been training 10 years and 265 for a 1RM is my best.

simpleguy
12-19-08, 8:07 am
It never ceases to amaze me the numbers people push on this forum.

405 is one hell of a lift. Ive been training 10 years and 265 for a 1RM is my best.

we are all different, genetically speaking... some people walked into the gym for the first time and benched 225 whilst others (like me) struggled with 55lb

shizz702
12-19-08, 8:16 am
Fuck yea congrats bro! That is one hell of an accomplishment! I remember how great it was for me to deadlift 405 for the first time as that was my first major goal. Now I'm working towards 500, upward and onward, the sky is the limit!

strivin for more
12-19-08, 8:47 am
this is very inspirational. yesterday i had just hit my christmas goal of putting up 225 with flat bench and this has my pumped to get my 250 goal by at latest summer. (im 5 foot 11 167 pounds, 15 years old) i know how you feel to finally reach something youve been workin towards.

Brick By Brick
12-19-08, 11:37 am
Great job rock, congratulations on reaching your goal. Keep grindin bro.

cyingling
12-19-08, 2:41 pm
damn congrats.. i remember the first time i laid down under 135 2 years ago.. scared me to death..

now my 1rm is 260..

it does happen.

strivin for more
12-19-08, 10:05 pm
sweet lift man, i just hit 225, my christmas goal. im 15 5 11 and 169 pounds. this is real motivating.

strivin for more
03-04-09, 8:13 pm
hey guys I just got back from the most intense back day ive had in weeks. i hit a new PR with the deadlift, 355 pounds. im pretty happy with it, im only 15 years old. I just wanna shoot a HUGE thanks to everyone here, you guys have taught me so much in such a short time, and inspired me to truely believe in the animal mindset. thanks again.

Freakshow
03-04-09, 8:20 pm
hey guys I just got back from the most intense back day ive had in weeks. i hit a new PR with the deadlift, 355 pounds. im pretty happy with it, im only 15 years old. I just wanna shoot a HUGE thanks to everyone here, you guys have taught me so much in such a short time, and inspired me to truely believe in the animal mindset. thanks again.

damn man, huge numbers. congrats.

widdlewade44
03-04-09, 8:29 pm
Congrats! Very solid number bro and good luck on your Journey.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Angst
03-04-09, 9:39 pm
Congrats bro, keep up the good work

Cellerator65
03-04-09, 11:12 pm
355? nice work man... lets hit 360 next week and keep getting it... light that fire and let it burn!

Mizzarler
03-05-09, 1:43 am
nice pr bro, 365 next time...cuz it looks cool

prowrestler
03-05-09, 2:08 am
nice pr bro, 365 next time...cuz it looks cool

lol at cuz it looks cool!

400 is commin dude

Little Z
03-05-09, 3:00 am
nice work young Animal.

keep at it and youll be pullin 405 in no time.

stay safe. stay strong.

zanderfever
03-05-09, 7:53 pm
lol at cuz it looks cool!

400 is commin dude

405 looks really cool :P

Little Houghton
03-07-09, 7:15 pm
forgot all about this thread, congrats to everyone!

Thursday i squatted 515, first time over 500 and it was sweet!

cstmgp
03-29-09, 12:28 pm
Not a huge weight, but what I consider my first real benchmark in my journey.
Today was a heavy day, and I pulled 315 for 2 reps. I hope to be hiting 350 by the end of April. I wasn't planning on going for a pr, and this was after pulling 295 for 4 good solid reps.

Again, not huge, but a benchmark for me.
Thanks Animals,
Shaun

shizz702
03-29-09, 12:30 pm
Sweet PR bro, 315 is a major milestone, and I think we all remember our first time pulling that. Good work bro, now upward and onware to 365 then the big 405.

prowrestler
03-29-09, 12:34 pm
keep them commin, pull harder. best advise ever lol

i think you should find your road to 400 alot more .....enjoyable. i had a huge boom from 300 zone to 400.

cstmgp
03-29-09, 1:00 pm
Yeah, I'm hoping to be at 405 by the cage next year. I was able to pull 315 twice, after some pretty heavy effort previously in the workout. I think 350 by the end of april is attainable.

On a side note, I was feeling pretty good after this lift, then I smashed the shit out of my thumb nail between a 10 and 25lb plate. Just a little reminder I'm still human, lol.
Shaun

RK
03-29-09, 5:49 pm
dont sell yourself short bro its a big accomplishment to hit 315! Like Big Ant always says heavy is relevant to the lifter. The important thing is you know how much work you had to put in to lift that heavy ass weight! Congrats brother

cstmgp
04-12-09, 8:38 pm
Hit 335 on saturday!! Pulled 355 off the floor, but couldn't quite lock it out. This is all with no straps or belt, I should probably start getting used to straps.

Shaun

cstmgp
04-13-09, 9:04 pm
Just need to get my bench moving in the same direction.

Shaun

Young&Hungry
04-13-09, 10:33 pm
Fuck straps, just get a belt. Chalk up if you feel like your grip's slipping. And pro's right, between 300 and 400 were when I was hitting my most consistant PR's. Good luck brother, nice pulling thus far but never be satisfied.

cstmgp
04-14-09, 5:58 pm
Yeah, I like going raw to build my forearms. I think that if I hadn't started reps so light (done so many), I could have pulled the 355, but my back was shot. I'm pretty sure I can get it by the end of april, then begins the quest for 405.
Shaun

mritter3
04-14-09, 6:04 pm
solid work brother, keep the pr's coming.

Beast Genetics
04-14-09, 7:27 pm

Again, not huge, but a benchmark for me.
Thanks Animals,
Shaun Bro, it's your benchmark not anyone else's so Yes it's huge man, congrats.

cstmgp
04-14-09, 8:40 pm
solid work brother, keep the pr's coming.

Bro, it's your benchmark not anyone else's so Yes it's huge man, congrats.

Thanks brothers, the encouragement and advice from bro's like you make it happen.
Shaun

Littlefry
04-14-09, 11:20 pm
A PR is a PR 315 is nothing to slouch at, about 3/4 of the people at my gym mabey less dont even deadlift but the guys that due all show respect when one of us hits a PR no matter the weight, keep lifting hard and 405 will be yours in no time bro!

ActaNonVerba
07-23-09, 12:05 pm
Sorry I just have no friends who are dedicated lifters so.... nobody cares. Just felt the need to share that my 210lb ass finally broke 350.
did 355X6 and then felt some juice left in the tank so I hit 365X5. I am pretty proud of myself. And they were waaaayyyy down in the bucket. None of that shallow business.
So now if I could get my bird chest to break 300 that'd be awesome... haha.
So yeah, RAGE!!!!

rev8ball
07-23-09, 12:08 pm
Sick ass, bro, keep up the great work!

Don't stop now - on to 400!!!!

N. Motta
07-23-09, 12:10 pm
hell yea man. way to go. don't sell yourself short, a pb is a pb.

Kingquads
07-23-09, 5:28 pm
Sorry I just have no friends who are dedicated lifters so.... nobody cares. Just felt the need to share that my 210lb ass finally broke 350.
did 355X6 and then felt some juice left in the tank so I hit 365X5. I am pretty proud of myself. And they were waaaayyyy down in the bucket. None of that shallow business.
So now if I could get my bird chest to break 300 that'd be awesome... haha.
So yeah, RAGE!!!!

hell yeah hardcore squats baby thats how you do em!

haha same here i dont have any friends that care about lifting

MVP
07-23-09, 5:50 pm
IMO, the reasons you have no friends that lift weights is most of the time guys that have friends that do stuff only want to do something if they're better than you at it. Just my opinion here. If I lift weights 3 days during the week, they sit on their ass all 7, then it's going to be a natural understanding that I'll be stronger in that particular sport. Therefore, they'll have no part in it.

Lifting weights also requires effort, dedication, and giving away things you used to love like pizza, soda, beer (sometimes), fast food, laying in the house all day playing video games. Stuff like that has to be given up in order to be 100% successful at the sport and a lot of people won't make those sacrifices, only someone that has it in them will.

Then again, there are some people that don't care how big or strong they are and think lifting weights just isn't for them, but it's most likely one of the first two.

ActaNonVerba
07-23-09, 6:57 pm
IMO, the reasons you have no friends that lift weights is most of the time guys that have friends that do stuff only want to do something if they're better than you at it. Just my opinion here. If I lift weights 3 days during the week, they sit on their ass all 7, then it's going to be a natural understanding that I'll be stronger in that particular sport. Therefore, they'll have no part in it.

Lifting weights also requires effort, dedication, and giving away things you used to love like pizza, soda, beer (sometimes), fast food, laying in the house all day playing video games. Stuff like that has to be given up in order to be 100% successful at the sport and a lot of people won't make those sacrifices, only someone that has it in them will.

Then again, there are some people that don't care how big or strong they are and think lifting weights just isn't for them, but it's most likely one of the first two.

That seems pretty dead on regarding my friends actually.
I really appreciate the support guys! Gonna sinch my belt on tomorrow and try and add another 10lb and not drop below 6 reps. I have no clue why alot of people don't do legs. I love leg day. As soon as I wake up I start planning for it. I can spend two hours on my wheels and not even realize. Anywho thanks again fellas!

N. Motta
07-23-09, 7:22 pm
Yo man, make sure you give everything enough time to rest and recuperate.

Dedicated
07-23-09, 10:40 pm
That seems pretty dead on regarding my friends actually.
I really appreciate the support guys! Gonna sinch my belt on tomorrow and try and add another 10lb and not drop below 6 reps. I have no clue why alot of people don't do legs. I love leg day. As soon as I wake up I start planning for it. I can spend two hours on my wheels and not even realize. Anywho thanks again fellas!

I know haha. I think about legs about 6 days ahead of time. There's just something about that first squat every week. It sticks with ya.

C.Coronato
07-24-09, 11:40 am
Congrats brother. Keep growing and pushing!

ActaNonVerba
07-26-09, 9:04 pm
So today I was able to break the 365 but it was bitter sweet.
I have a lingering rib cage injury from fight training and after my squat routine breathing became painful so i had to hit the eliptical and call it quits. I was pretty disgusted with myself to be honest. Never stopped mid routine before. I am getting xrays in the morning to see if its just bad bruising or fractures..... yaaayyyy
Before I bitched out I hit 245X12 315x9 355x6 then 375x5. They all felt very strong and my spotter said they were in the bucket. I was going to take a shot at 390 but between the 3-4th my pain started. Anyways thanks for the support guys! You are all BA in my book.

wedge
07-26-09, 11:43 pm
Congrats on the pr bro. Hope you can get the rib cage injury figured out.
I'm looking forward to your post about 405.

Stovall
07-26-09, 11:50 pm
Injured or not, those are some damn good numbers man. I like the dedication to leg day.....wish I had more of it. Hahaha

Littlefry
07-27-09, 9:54 pm
365 is nothing to laugh about, keep hitting her hard and you will be at 405 in no time.

BamBam
08-02-09, 6:38 pm
275 lbs by Thanksgiving Day....wish me luck!

ghost
10-20-09, 9:29 am
Have a personal best, or PR, that you wanna brag about?
Seeing as we all do not have the time to browse every journey, throw it in here for all to see!

ironshaolin
10-20-09, 10:35 am
Its not about the weight, its about the feel. HA!!! Just kidding.

Some of my personal bests include a 375lb deadlift, 255lb decline press, 195lb push jerk.

They will be better next year.

Wasteland
10-20-09, 10:37 am
Have a personal best, or PR, that you wanna brag about?
Seeing as we all do not have the time to browse every journey, throw it in here for all to see!

I see this thread already exists rcrott1: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=16031&highlight=record

ghost
10-20-09, 10:37 am
Its not about the weight, its about the feel. HA!!! Just kidding.

Some of my personal bests include a 375lb deadlift, 255lb decline press, 195lb push jerk.

They will be better next year.

why wait til next year?

wedge
10-20-09, 10:38 am
I recently flipped a 650 lb tire for two during a recent strongman contest. I had a rough time with the rest, but I'm proud of the tire.

prowrestler
10-20-09, 12:46 pm
i guess my best lift was my 495lb deadlift the night i came back from my injury. it was a 40lb PR after months of layoff.

jeff00z28
10-20-09, 11:30 pm
hit 225 on strict military presses for a 10lb pr. then hit 245 after that for a 30lb pr. i rly got nothing on b/sq/dl tho its all plateaued

Mamiculo
06-23-10, 12:52 pm
What up? Animals

First off, The site looks awesome and there is lot of things to learn over here.. I love the threads and a big fan of Animal pak supplements.

Straight out of line I would like to keep it pretty short, I started body building when I was 18 years old and YEAH first two years where all noob gains, I was Fat and always had been bullied by guys who were elder to me or in streets,school anywhere I use to go. As a young kid I was a huge WWF fan and Had a dream to look like them, had no clue about Diet and never heard the a sport called Body building BTW I'm from India a country where there is no such sport called Body Building as things are changing now though, As I said that I was Fat but I was in a Ugly way, Was not able to see my own dick below my stomach ridiculed and was a joke for people in my neighborhood. I Was introduced to weights by a very good friend of mine. I started buying BB Magazines and started looking at the pictures of Ronnie and Jay. Still that didn't help me the only thing that helped me is my Dedication and Sacrifice. Dedication of being focused and Sacrifice, Ohh yeah "EVERYDAY WAS A SACRIFICE" I started for SMALL GOALS and BIG GAINS. That how it use to work for ME.

Here are some pictures of me, please Animals feel free to comment on it.

The first 3 pics are of Feb 2009 being a Fat Fuck - My life was just to Eat at Mcds and KFC smoke some weed and Drink Rum

Body weight - 270lbs
Waist - 44"

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/Mamiculo/Transformation/?action=view&current=6570_1174421128222_1458894189_30476.jpg

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/Mamiculo/Transformation/?action=view&current=6570_1174421128222_1458894189_30476.jpg#!o ZZ6QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs773.photobucket.com%2F albums%2Fyy18%2FMamiculo%2FTransformation%2F%3Fact ion%3Dview%26current%3D6570_1174421088221_14588941 89_30476.jpg%26

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/Mamiculo/Transformation/?action=view&current=6570_1174421128222_1458894189_30476.jpg#!o ZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs773.photobucket.com%2F albums%2Fyy18%2FMamiculo%2FTransformation%2F%3Fact ion%3Dview%26current%3D6570_1174421168223_14588941 89_30476.jpg%26

The other 3 Pics were clicked in Sept 2009

Body weight - 160lbs
Waist - 28"

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/Mamiculo/Transformation/?action=view&current=6570_1174421128222_1458894189_30476.jpg#!o ZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs773.photobucket.com%2F albums%2Fyy18%2FMamiculo%2FTransformation%2F%3Fact ion%3Dview%26current%3D6410_1196731365964_14588941 89_30551.jpg%26

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/Mamiculo/Transformation/?action=view&current=6570_1174421128222_1458894189_30476.jpg#!o ZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs773.photobucket.com%2F albums%2Fyy18%2FMamiculo%2FTransformation%2F%3Fact ion%3Dview%26current%3D6410_1196731325963_14588941 89_30551.jpg%26

http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy18/Mamiculo/Transformation/?action=view&current=6570_1174421128222_1458894189_30476.jpg#!o ZZ7QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs773.photobucket.com%2F albums%2Fyy18%2FMamiculo%2FTransformation%2F%3Fact ion%3Dview%26current%3Dn1458894189_30084328_1398.j pg%26

That all about it.

Hope to see some revert from ya'll,

Thanks!

Rao.

Cellardweller
06-23-10, 8:27 pm
Very inspiring bro. Awesome work.

ShizIP
06-23-10, 9:17 pm
Amazing transformation congratulations ! You look great

Mamiculo
06-24-10, 1:00 am
Was good to hear from ya'll .

The lesson I've learn from my transformation is Don't blame your parents for the way YOU are.
YOUR LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS. FUCK GENETICS!!

We can blame millions of things from our Popping knee to our broken wrist, Or we can just wake up 3 am in the morning to lift some weight. Yeah I'm sure its easy to talk hardcore but not to be HARDCORE. But the pics I have posted ANSWERS My own Question!

Till then "Get big or Die Trying"

Rao.

C.Coronato
06-24-10, 10:21 am
Wow dude. Thats very very cool. That is some serious progress. Where are you at now? Bulking, cutting still? Maintaining?

Aggression
06-24-10, 10:31 am
Damn. That's one helluva transformation. Awesome work.

naturalguy
06-24-10, 10:48 am
Wow, I am blown away by your transformation. Congrats, I know that took a lot of hard work and discipline on your part.