PDA

View Full Version : Cardio Motivation...

Youngin16
03-23-08, 9:21 pm
I was wondering this morning while i was running about what people think about when they run. So what do you guys think about when your hitting cardio? What kind of stuff movtivates you to keep going?

newbreed
03-23-08, 9:31 pm
The outcome of doing cardio. A better looking physique

Roland
03-23-08, 10:46 pm
To turn myself into a "fat burning-muscle building blast furnace."

killyouintheface
03-23-08, 10:53 pm
When I'm doing cardio, I find that it helps me get through to think about how great it will be when I can look at myself in the mirror and not think that I look like I was hastily constructed by someone wearing a blindfold whose only construction material was chewed bubblegum.

musclealchemist
03-23-08, 10:53 pm
When i get tired i think about the things that have made me mad through out my life or the day, it helps me to not be a pussy.

BamBam
03-23-08, 10:55 pm
1.) I think of the 2 most important people I have lost..and keep running for them...make them proud
2.) Run and do cardio for those people who can't do what we do
3.) The timer on the treadmill...haha
4.) Winning my next show

Brick By Brick
03-23-08, 11:22 pm
1.) Improving my cardio level.
2.) Making it easier to lose fat.
3.) Having available power to win if I get in a fight at work.

simpleguy
03-24-08, 12:38 am
honestly, I fucking hate cardio... I need every bit of motivation possible

I'm a big Rocky fan, so I sometimes watch parts of his movies

I also got youtube, so I can see vids of some of the best bbs

whatever it takes man, just do it

Polish Prince
03-24-08, 12:44 am
try to watch tv and to help the time pass, keep thinking to myself just a half hour and it'll be over. i'm also at college so try to check out some eye candy, lol...

Youngin16
03-24-08, 12:52 am
Me, i think about Marines that have fallen and think... they wouldnt get tired...they'd make me run faster. That and i think about pussy back home and how cut up im goin to be at the end of this shit. Think about getting out and going home in a few months.

Phil800101
03-24-08, 3:33 am
I think about anything and everything while doing cardio...

For motivation though, I just think about the fact that it's necessary for me to:
1. Burn fat.
2. Get the job I want (cop).

Themostocles
03-24-08, 4:06 am
1. The music I am listening to
2. My goals
3. My day
4. Sometimes it is as shallow as the hot chicks split tail in front of me

- T.

born0withno0soul
03-24-08, 4:14 am
the only motivation i have for cardio is competition training. if im not dietinf for a comp i dont do it

Big Wides
03-24-08, 8:58 am
I use the same motovation for the weights as I do cardio

JMC
03-24-08, 11:16 am
2. My goals
3. My day

- T.

Interesting....
Unless I'm outside running by myself then just 1, 2, 3.

BamBam
03-24-08, 11:39 am
2. My goals
3. My day

- T.

Haha...I like #4...and trust me...every now and then we all have used unmber 4 as motivation!

I use the same motovation for the weights as I do cardio

x2 Wides!

speedster00
03-24-08, 11:46 am
I try not to think...I hate cardio..so I load movies on my zune and watch them. It makes the time disapear.

vgiordano
03-24-08, 12:39 pm
I have personally found that doing HIIT running is alot more interesting and less boring than a steady jog. I still do steady jogs on my off days.

The music I listen to helps; make a good playlist on your mp3 player with the music that gets you going.

I also think about uncovering the hard work I do in the gym, how cardio will carve me up. I also think about the summer, and how I will look on the beach or wearing less clothes.

BamBam
03-24-08, 1:07 pm
Maybe one day being the one person to pedal hard enough where that fucking bike comes off its hinges and actually ride off...haha...I hate doing cardio and going "nowhere" (distance wise).

jer
03-24-08, 1:26 pm
The outcome of doing cardio. A better looking physique

That's number 1 right there.

BamBam
03-24-08, 1:32 pm
That's number 1 right there.

Agreed

deanna7272
03-24-08, 1:33 pm
Haha...I like #4...and trust me...every now and then we all have used unmber 4 as motivation!

HA HA... I've never used it AS motivation....lol BUT ... I HAVE used CARDIO to BE a "reason #4"....lol

I think of what the people are seeing BEHIND me... I need to shed the "behind the scenes" fat that 's creeped up on me over the past couple years.... In preparing for my competion, I have learned to HATE the cardio, but I know it "does a body good"....

zanderfever
03-24-08, 1:35 pm
The challenge of doing something you hate until you die. Thats the goal. To persevere through the hell that is cardio...and to come out with sweat dripping everywhere

BamBam
03-24-08, 1:36 pm
HA HA... I've never used it AS motivation....lol BUT ... I HAVE used CARDIO to BE a "reason #4"....lol

I think of what the people are seeing BEHIND me... I need to shed the "behind the scenes" fat that 's creeped up on me over the past couple years.... In preparing for my competion, I have learned to HATE the cardio, but I know it "does a body good"....

HAHAHA...thats my Dee. But yeah, I hate cardio...and trust me...its deep seeded...lol

But I am sure you r hitting it hard and I can't wait to see you on stage and that other girl I can't seem to quit talking about hehe.

deanna7272
03-24-08, 1:40 pm
HAHAHA...thats my Dee. But yeah, I hate cardio...and trust me...its deep seeded...lol

But I am sure you r hitting it hard and I can't wait to see you on stage and that other girl I can't seem to quit talking about hehe.

I'm scared, but I'll make it.... IF the stepper doesn't do me in FIRST....lol

I talked with her yesterday, she told me her "secret"... I am awaiting pics...lol We talked about ya...he he he

BamBam
03-24-08, 1:43 pm
I'm scared, but I'll make it.... IF the stepper doesn't do me in FIRST....lol

I talked with her yesterday, she told me her "secret"... I am awaiting pics...lol We talked about ya...he he he

Haha...I doubt the stepper will do you in...now the eliptical...maybe...I hate that thing!!!

Oh her secret huh? Hmm..Oh and, yeah...you need to fill me in... ;)

GRUNT
03-24-08, 1:50 pm
knowing that it has to end sometime...

SQUAT or DIE!
03-24-08, 1:53 pm
I try not to think...I hate cardio..so I load movies on my zune and watch them. It makes the time disapear.

thats what i do too.. makes time go by so fast

Enforcer
03-24-08, 1:59 pm
I was wondering this morning while i was running about what people think about when they run. So what do you guys think about when your hitting cardio? What kind of stuff movtivates you to keep going?

All I think when doing cardio is "Fuck this sux, how much time left"

cfwvu20
03-24-08, 2:21 pm
most the time i read the Animal owner's manual... that or jam out to the zune... or watch around the horn on espn... always seems to be on my cardio... just something that interests you to take your mind off it

born0withno0soul
03-24-08, 3:09 pm
watching college basketball playoffs while walking has helped me alot lately. anything you can do to get your mind off the 45 min walk you have ahead of you will help

Boz
03-24-08, 3:17 pm
When I'm doing cardio, I find that it helps me get through to think about how great it will be when I can look at myself in the mirror and not think that I look like I was hastily constructed by someone wearing a blindfold whose only construction material was chewed bubblegum.

That's some funny shit right there.....lol

stumblin54
03-24-08, 3:23 pm
It's hard for me to become motivated to do cardio because it fuckin' sucks and there's no way around it. I don't run, but I do stairs and I just step on the damn thing and do it. I've picked up reading while doing it over the past few years and I'll always have a thick book in front of me with my headphones in to keep me company. It's a bitch but it's necessary, as are many other things in life that aren't very fun either.

Stumblin

VinceRkg
02-08-10, 2:33 pm
Alrite brothers, my AM Cardio sessions have been sucking arse past couple weeks. I wake up to alarm at 630 but still have no energy to get up and get out the door. Whats that one thought, that one saying, that extra push in the AM to get you up and out that door? Thanks

sodapop
02-08-10, 2:45 pm
If you don't do it you're going nowhere, I guess.

GJN5002
02-08-10, 3:05 pm
Alrite brothers, my AM Cardio sessions have been sucking arse past couple weeks. I wake up to alarm at 630 but still have no energy to get up and get out the door. Whats that one thought, that one saying, that extra push in the AM to get you up and out that door? Thanks

I'm in the same boat. Its winter in PA, 25 inches of snow on the ground and its about 15 degrees in the morning. I got a recumbant bike for my house but I will usually get up hit up some aminos and a pak of cuts or aminos mixed with caffeine. Drag yourself out of bed look in the mirror, smack yourself in the stomach and when it wobbles say "you disgust me." Then onto the cardio.

VinceRkg
02-08-10, 7:25 pm
Brothers...

This is why I am part of this site, forum, and family. I am printing this out to use as picking me up. I am glad there are guys out there living with the same passion as I do. Thanks for the response guys....Thanks for the push and help....Your Brother in Mesa!!

IronWilson
02-09-10, 12:24 am
I think of the video game I'm playing.

Seriously.... Video games + Cardio = Great and quick success

230plus
03-10-10, 12:48 pm
I used to hate it.....but since started cutting down from 238...and seeing differences physique wise...It is not that bad. I am actually seeing GOOD quad separation and the abdominal "V". Also a clean diet helps...LOL. I am kinda taking to the elliptical machine forward and backward as well.

theharjmann
03-11-10, 6:10 am
1. Do the kind of cardio that you enjoy so you dont need to think of it as a chore...like taking the dog for a long ass walk (if you have a dog that is). If you dont have a dog, speak to a dog owner offer to walk him/her once a day. It will be cardio and fun for you and the actual owner will thank you a load. You might even get paid a bit for it to pay for your animalpaks!

2. if you cant be assed to go outdoors, watch TV whilst you are on the treadmill.

3. I have a treadmill at home so I just plug my handsfree kit into my phone and call people while im walking. Time flyyyyes!