PDA

View Full Version : Demons

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sir J-Werk
03-27-08, 5:05 am
What I am about to write I have kept to myself and lied about for less than one month shy of 8 years.... That's a long time to host a demon, to let my thoughts and dreams fuck with me.... I just can't take it anymore....

I grew up listening to my grandpa telling stories of "The War." I can't count the number of times I have heard him talk about the places he's been; can't tell you the number of times I have heard about the Nuremberg war trials; the suprise jeep inspection that he "won" and was then given the assignment to drive the commanding general of those trials. I have the picture of that jeep and his pass hanging up on my wall along with his Big Red 1 patch, his bronze star, and other medals and patches.... As long as I can remember I always wanted to be a soldier just like him....

April 7, 2000.... I am sitting in a crowded depot station in San Diego, California. I don't know what time it is.... It's late in the evening and all eyes are on this small television set which of all fucking things that could coming across that screen; Full Metal Jacket.... Christ, what irony.... "Private Pile" had just made the infamous quote, "I am in a world of shit." and blew his brains out when we all heard a voice tell us, "Everyone get up and get outside now!" World of shit was right....

After filing up in line and being placed in the order he wanted us the Sgt ordered us to get onto a white bus and reminded us to keep our mouths shut.... I don't think anyone was going to argue with that. The bus ride lasted for what seemed an eternity. None us knew which direction we were going but we all knew where we were headed.... Finally the bus came to a stop infront of a yellowish building.... I remember just sitting there next to a kid I had never met before thinking to myself, "Fuck." Then a DI entered the front of the bus and without missing a breath said, "Welcome to Marine Corp Recruit Depot, San Diego, California.... NOW GET OF MY BUS! NOW! NOW! NOW! After my heart had come back up from my balls I found myself standing on yellow foot prints flanked by 4 DI's that, I swear to Christ, materialized out of no where! I was already an easy target.... Standing at 6'5 I towered over the other recruits and for the next 36 hours I can't tell you how many times I heard, "PORT HOLES! GET OVER HERE!" .... God damn glasses....

Those 36 hours were an eternity.... I remember sitting in a barber chair and the barber saying, "Do you have any moles on your head?" I think I got as far as saying, "N..." and my fucking hair was going and I was ordered into another hallway and stood infront of this fucker that wouldn't stop whispering shit behind me. "Dude, you have a white ass head." .... I could have killed the son of a bitch.... After that we were filed into a room and given our new clothes; after that, paper work; after that we were filied into another room where there was more yelling; after that, filed into another room where another DI addressed us about the "Moment of Truth." Staying awake through that was a bitch and I found myself standing several times just to maintain consiousness.

The next few hours after that were a blur of marching, learning how to eat, more marching, learning how to march, "Aye Aye Sir!", "Yes Sir", "Aye Sir", covers, ink sticks, go fasters, knowledge, and, well, marching.... Finally, sleep.... Although, I didn't sleep very well at all....

I found myself waking up to the sounds of recruits talking in their sleep. I can't tell you how erie it is to lay there in the dark and hear, "Yes, sir!" coming from a few bunks down.... But as I laid there my head began fucking with me.... My girl had left me for someone else not once, but twice; my Dad had taken me going into the service extremely hard and believed i was going in for the wrong reasons.... I could hear my old man crying; I could see him the day I left.... He looked so alone and lost.... I could hear him saying, "The only thing that is going to make this any better is if I see you graduate in dress blues." .... Next thing I know I hear, "GET UP! GET UP NOW! 10, 9, 8, 7654321!" .... Fucking morning already.

We soon found out after counting off 3 times that one recruit had went AWOL during the night.... Let me tell you how happy that made our Senior DI.... Later that morning after learning how to make our beds we were marking all our shit with our names.... My head was still fucking with me and I looked at my bunkie and said, "I don't think I can do this." He said to me, "Dude, it's just like summer camp with a lot of yelling." .... I found no comfort in that....

Shortly after lunch we marched over to a building where we had our ears, eyes, and teeth checked. Then we marched to another building where a Navy doctor addressed us about a few things and had us fill out more paper work. On the paper if we had ever had anything that was listed on one part of the sheet we were to speak with him about it.... Well, turns out that I did.... I had been supposedly diagnosed with Hep B when I was much younger and after discussing how this wasn't a factor the doc asked me if there was anything else I needed to let him know about.... Well, there was.... I have a mild blood factor seven deficiency. Which means that my blood takes longer than normal to clot.... All of that just "happened" to be left out of my medical records.... After a few phone calls I was sent back outside with rest of my platoon. A few moments later our DI comes out of the building and asks, "Where's my bleeder?" There was no guessing who he was asking about.... I stood at attention stating, "This recuit, sir." ....

"Do you want to stay or go home" he asked.... I will never forget the next two words that came out of my mouth for the rest of my life. "Go home." .... I had just quit.... I had quit my grandpa, I quit my father, I quit my platoon, I quit my country, I quit myself.... I quit the rest of my life.

That same day I was placed in RSP (Recruit Separation Platoon). On April 17, 2000 I found myself getting off a plane at KCI airport with a shaved head, with a war bag, and a title.... "Quiter."

I have never told anyone that I was given a choice to stay or go. I always made something up.... or never spoke of it.... 8 years later what I wouldn't give to go back to that day.... what I wouldn't give to put on that cover again.... to keep my promise to my father.... to stand and salute my grandfather.... to finish what I started.... You have no idea how much this haunts me..... How my Demons have come from this.... I am so sorry....

So here it is.... another journey.

Sir J-Werk
03-27-08, 5:31 am
Needless to say all the above has been fucking with me.... It was really fucking with me tonight.... So I figured it was time to let it all out.... Everything I do from this point on will never make up for the decision I made 8 years ago.... And the only satisfaction I will ever have is the torment I put myself through.

Back, Biceps, and Abs

Deads:
135x5
185x5
205x3
225x1
250x1
275x1 < I couldn't believe how easy this went up.
315x1 < My first attempt failed.... And it pissed me off.... I switched to over/under and went after it again.... It was a good thing that there was no one else was in the gym tonight.... PR.
225x6
Rev. Grip Pull Downs:
120x10
150x10
180x8
195x6
T-Bar Rows SS w/ DB Pull Overs:
105x10/60x10
130x10/65x10
150x10 (drop-set) 105x12/70x10
Seated Rows:
135x12
150x12
165x12 (drop-set) 120x12
Standing BB Curls:
50x12
70x12
80x12
Giant Set: Alt. DB Curls/Rev. Grip Cable Curls/Machine Preacher Curls:
25x10/40x12/100x12 - 3 sets
Machine Crunches:
5sets x 20 reps all increasing. Final set was the stack.

Themostocles
03-27-08, 6:11 am
I won't say it is nothing to be ashamed of, but its also understandable. You were young, you make mistakes. God knows I have. Atleast you made your mistake there, and not later down that road where it could cost someone their life. I hope you come to terms with it, because no one else can do it for you. Good luck with it brother. Nice deadlifts too... -T.

Sgt Rock
03-27-08, 1:15 pm
Recruit training sucks....and it always will. Those words utter at Parris Island every single day. It is not for everyone...or everyone would be a dag gone US Marine. It takes balls to even step onto the yellow footprints, for that....you have respect.

Semper Fi

Hoffdogg
03-27-08, 1:28 pm
That is a hell of a story man, I can see how that haunts you to this day. I remember those first days of boot camp all too well. The whole point is to tear you down, then slowly rebuild you into a Marine. It's not for everyone that is for sure, just like Sgt Rock said. I know that had to be hard to share.

Semper Fi

Malloy1344
03-27-08, 1:36 pm
You know I'm following along with you bro. We are all here for support. You were in a tough situation dude, I Don't know what I'd do. Military life isn't for everyone. I respect you for getting your ass there anyways dude.

Enforcer
03-27-08, 1:44 pm
Needless to say all the above has been fucking with me.... It was really fucking with me tonight.... So I figured it was time to let it all out.... Everything I do from this point on will never make up for the decision I made 8 years ago.... And the only satisfaction I will ever have is the torment I put myself through.

Back, Biceps, and Abs

Deads:
135x5
185x5
205x3
225x1
250x1
275x1 < I couldn't believe how easy this went up.
315x1 < My first attempt failed.... And it pissed me off.... I switched to over/under and went after it again.... It was a good thing that there was no one else was in the gym tonight.... PR.
225x6
Rev. Grip Pull Downs:
120x10
150x10
180x8
195x6
T-Bar Rows SS w/ DB Pull Overs:
105x10/60x10
130x10/65x10
150x10 (drop-set) 105x12/70x10
Seated Rows:
135x12
150x12
165x12 (drop-set) 120x12
Standing BB Curls:
50x12
70x12
80x12
Giant Set: Alt. DB Curls/Rev. Grip Cable Curls/Machine Preacher Curls:
25x10/40x12/100x12 - 3 sets
Machine Crunches:
5sets x 20 reps all increasing. Final set was the stack.

I'm in bro. Lets the iron fly. Im pumped to see where this goes. Don't quit on us now. We are your brothers in iron. Fuck the past. Live in the present. We got your back. Let out the true Animal that is deep inside of your soul

Brute
03-27-08, 1:50 pm
First off, thanks for posting that up. That takes some real balls to unload to everyone here at the Forvm. Secondly, I've been through a similar experience and have wrestled with similar "demons", creating one hell of a chip on my shoulder. However, these things have made us who we are today, they've pushed us into the Brotherhood of Iron, and have given us the drive that, without said experiences, we may never have fully embraced. Also consider the impact of how you have and are affecting others here, at work, or elsewhere; try to see what you are providing to others, find worth in that, it's important.

I also know that because this has happened to you, that you won't leave this world without making a name for yourself, you'll go to the grave goals not only accomplished but annihilated, the resonance of your regret acting as fuel and fire to lay waste to the mediocrity you see around you.

Your post struck a cord with me, I wish you the best.

zanderfever
03-27-08, 1:53 pm
Thats rough. I wanna be in the armed forces, but i've got asthma. Its a bitch, to say the least. Keep it up, tear it in the gym, be sure to hit the weights hard. One day, you may run into the bunkmate and he won't be able to say shit to you-because you could kick the shit out of him.

Hoomgar
03-27-08, 1:59 pm
Family of Marines here, but as for me, I couldn't make the cut. So I can't speak but I can tell you that the only one you quit on brother was yourself. None of the others in your list needed you to complete your mission. It was a personal mission whether you want to face that or not.

Now that you spilt it, you need to forgive yourself and move on. Your exorcism lies in your ability to forgive yourself. We all screw up. Some bad, some worse, what ever. Mistakes are made. Although it is important to avoid making mistakes... it's even more important what we do after we make one, after we blow it, what we do next, that is what matters most of all.

Your journey now "starts" here and with every morning a new day is borne. Time to move on bro, until you learn to truly and completely forgive yourself and let this go, those demons will continue their haunt.

Man if you only knew how much I feel ya on this. What you do with the rest of your life starting today... that is what counts now bro.

Nothin but support for a brother here...

~peace

Hg

Sir J-Werk
03-27-08, 2:12 pm
I won't say it is nothing to be ashamed of, but its also understandable. You were young, you make mistakes. God knows I have. Atleast you made your mistake there, and not later down that road where it could cost someone their life. I hope you come to terms with it, because no one else can do it for you. Good luck with it brother. Nice deadlifts too... -T.

I don't think it is something that I will ever come to terms with.... I know that there are far mor fucked up things in this world that people deal with.... But.... I don't know.

Recruit training sucks....and it always will. Those words utter at Parris Island every single day. It is not for everyone...or everyone would be a dag gone US Marine. It takes balls to even step onto the yellow footprints, for that....you have respect.

Semper Fi

I give no respect to myself for this.... I signed my name on the line by my own accord. No one made me do these things.... 8 full years active, Infantry.... This is what I wanted. I could sit here and say that if my head wasn't so cluster fucked with shit at the time things would be different but what type of bullshit excuse is that, you know? Overcoming that during 13 weeks of hell should have been the real challenge.... And my reward, and eagle, globe and ancor in my hand on top of Mount Motherfucker.... You're right though Sgt, it does take balls to stand on those foot prints and I give my respect to those that stayed the course.

That is a hell of a story man, I can see how that haunts you to this day. I remember those first days of boot camp all too well. The whole point is to tear you down, then slowly rebuild you into a Marine. It's not for everyone that is for sure, just like Sgt Rock said. I know that had to be hard to share.

Semper Fi

I remember one morning while in RSP we were lined up waiting to go into the chow hall and some fuckers were messing around or something but it set the DI off something fierce.... I will never forget what came out of his mouth that morning. "You are all a waist of the Marine Corps time. I should be training recruits that matter. Instead I am stuck with a bunch of pussies that can't hack it." .... Truth hurts.

You know I'm following along with you bro. We are all here for support. You were in a tough situation dude, I Don't know what I'd do. Military life isn't for everyone. I respect you for getting your ass there anyways dude.

There have been a lot of times that someone has asked me where I would be now if I had stayed.... Well, with things the way they are in the world I would have a pretty good idea.... They are always quick to point out if I hadn't been discharged (let me add dishonorably) that I could be dead, or that I wouldn't have met so-and-so, or that I would have never done this or that.... I still can't make them understand why I feel this way and I always just let it off the hook with, "Oh well...."

brandonA
03-27-08, 2:21 pm
WIth you every step of the way bro, I was not ment for the Military life either. I had to take the ASVABS in high school and I was one of the only kids to take it seriuos. I did really well and the Air Force recruiter kept calling and calling...What she did not know, and I had to tell her later on to get her to leave me the fuck alone, is that I promised my Grandpa on his deathbed that I would not join. I would go if they called my number, but would not join...What ever he saw in Korea, stuck with him and changed him forever.....Some poeple live it, love and NEED it....

Very nice work on them Deads bro, very nice.....

-B

Sir J-Werk
03-27-08, 4:45 pm
I'm in bro. Lets the iron fly. Im pumped to see where this goes. Don't quit on us now. We are your brothers in iron. Fuck the past. Live in the present. We got your back. Let out the true Animal that is deep inside of your soul

Something came out last night.... I don't think it was Animalistic.... It was a lot of self-hate.... But instead if choking it down I let it loose which is something that i have needed to do.... Like I said, it was a good thing that no one else was at the gym lastnight because I know they wouldn't understand the things I yelled when 315 broke loose from the floor.

First off, thanks for posting that up. That takes some real balls to unload to everyone here at the Forvm. Secondly, I've been through a similar experience and have wrestled with similar "demons", creating one hell of a chip on my shoulder. However, these things have made us who we are today, they've pushed us into the Brotherhood of Iron, and have given us the drive that, without said experiences, we may never have fully embraced. Also consider the impact of how you have and are affecting others here, at work, or elsewhere; try to see what you are providing to others, find worth in that, it's important.

I also know that because this has happened to you, that you won't leave this world without making a name for yourself, you'll go to the grave goals not only accomplished but annihilated, the resonance of your regret acting as fuel and fire to lay waste to the mediocrity you see around you.

Your post struck a cord with me, I wish you the best.

True that this past experience played itself over and over in the years following.... Unfortunately the way it played out was repeat after repeat of start and quit.... Do I think it led me to what I am doing now with lifting? You know Brother, I don't know for sure.... I know that when I started I was just looking for some type of fullfillment. I do believe that lifting has brought back to the front a lot of shift that was self fabricated and it has helped me to deal with and eventually be able to cope with it whereas before I never allowed myself to do that....

I do have dreams.... Most are bigger than I am but I won't get into that now.... The long and short of it is that for many of them my time has come and gone and that weight bears down on me more than anyone is made aware of.... Probably a big reason why I am letting all of this out now.... But thanks Brother.

Thats rough. I wanna be in the armed forces, but i've got asthma. Its a bitch, to say the least. Keep it up, tear it in the gym, be sure to hit the weights hard. One day, you may run into the bunkmate and he won't be able to say shit to you-because you could kick the shit out of him.

I would rather kick ass beside him.

Family of Marines here, but as for me, I couldn't make the cut. So I can't speak but I can tell you that the only one you quit on brother was yourself. None of the others in your list needed you to complete your mission. It was a personal mission whether you want to face that or not.

Now that you spilt it, you need to forgive yourself and move on. Your exorcism lies in your ability to forgive yourself. We all screw up. Some bad, some worse, what ever. Mistakes are made. Although it is important to avoid making mistakes... it's even more important what we do after we make one, after we blow it, what we do next, that is what matters most of all.

Your journey now "starts" here and with every morning a new day is borne. Time to move on bro, until you learn to truly and completely forgive yourself and let this go, those demons will continue their haunt.

Man if you only knew how much I feel ya on this. What you do with the rest of your life starting today... that is what counts now bro.

Nothin but support for a brother here...

~peace

Hg

Couldn't be more true....

WIth you every step of the way bro, I was not ment for the Military life either. I had to take the ASVABS in high school and I was one of the only kids to take it seriuos. I did really well and the Air Force recruiter kept calling and calling...What she did not know, and I had to tell her later on to get her to leave me the fuck alone, is that I promised my Grandpa on his deathbed that I would not join. I would go if they called my number, but would not join...What ever he saw in Korea, stuck with him and changed him forever.....Some poeple live it, love and NEED it....

Very nice work on them Deads bro, very nice.....

-B

You know the only thing that I recall my Grandpa saying about the hole deal was very simple, "Do what you are suppose to do and do your best." I can vaguely recall the talks i had with him about what his experiences were like when he went through boot.... He never talked about the things he did or too many of the things he saw.... I know he didn't have to do that to validate his sense of purpose in that time and era.... Big difference between the WWII era and the Korean War....

I had a great uncle who served in Korea.... The only thing I can tell you about that is that he came out of there with 2 silver stars.... I never really got to see him very much or recall him saying anything about it when family was together.... I did play baseball for a guy who's family eventually became good friends with my family and had served in Korea.... The only thing I ever heard in reference to him serving in that theatre was something my dad said to me once. "Pete saw some shit over there that you couldn't believe. I asked him about it once and he said he just doesn't talk about things like that.... Just like you'll never hear your grandpa talking about killing.... Some things they just don't talk about."

Brute
03-27-08, 6:55 pm
I do believe that lifting has brought back to the front a lot of shift that was self fabricated and it has helped me to deal with and eventually be able to cope with it whereas before I never allowed myself to do that....

That's a big deal, and worth pointing out.

I do have dreams.... Most are bigger than I am but I won't get into that now.... The long and short of it is that for many of them my time has come and gone and that weight bears down on me more than anyone is made aware of.... Probably a big reason why I am letting all of this out now.... But thanks Brother.

You bet, I'm in your corner, as are the rest of us here on this thread. Look to the future.

zanderfever
03-28-08, 12:03 am
I would rather kick ass beside him.

Is it to late to go back?

Sir J-Werk
03-28-08, 3:08 am
Is it to late to go back?

Yes, Brother, it is.... Some things just can not be undone.

Sir J-Werk
03-28-08, 3:36 am
August 1997.... Senior year.... Two-a-day football practice.... Ryan Esely.

I had played football every year except my junior year do to an illness that took a little over a year to recover from.... During that time I lost a bunch of weight.... I was a whopping 150 pounds which is just one pound more than what I weighed in my freshman year. I knew I wasn't going to see much playing time and I was alright with it.... To be honest, I really didn't give a good God damn....

Before the coaches moved me over to wide receiver I went back and played the only postion I knew, tight end.... I got paired up with a kid one year younger than me by the name of Ryan Esely.... A cocky fucker who had a bit of a self absortion complex.... he found great pleasure in talking shit and pulling cheap shots when he could.... I just kept quiet and did my thing....

One afternoon after finishing up a conditioning drill I was jogging over to our next area for drills when I feel a thud in my back on down to the ground, face first, I went.... I look up to see Ryan trotting past me and hear, "Workman, you're a bitch." .... So you know what I did? .... I took it.

Demon.

Shoulders and Traps:

Machine Shoulder Press:
25psx12
35psx12
45psx10
55psx10
60psx7 (drop-set) 45xfailure
DB Side Laterals SS w/ BB Upright Rows:
20x12/85x10
25x10/90x10
30x10/95x10
35x10/100x10
Seated Front DB Raises SS w/ Rev. Incline DB Laterals:
20x12/20x12
25x10/25x10
30x10/30x8
20x15/20x15
Arnolds:
25x12
30xfailure
30xfailure
Seated DB Shrugs:
70x12x3
BB Shrugs:
135x15
155x15
175x15

Themostocles
03-28-08, 7:29 am
I was fat kid that ran into crap like this every day. What options did you really have? Fight and get expelled? Or kicked off the team? Or lose and suffer even more humility? I always chose to beat them where I could, and that is where your brains and dedication came into it. Don't play by their rules. You may have took it then and there, but I seriously doubt you let him humiliate you every time, I am sure you out played him at some point, or made him look like an ass somewhere along the road. Besides, what does it matter anymore? Are you still taking people's shit, I doubt it... -T.

Malloy1344
03-28-08, 11:31 am
Good damn session there bro. Alot of volume I see. I know what your talking about with those douchebags in highschool. I dealt with the same shit. I did have the last laugh however, when I came back home after being in FL weighing about 80lbs more. The shit talking sure never happened again.

Hoffdogg
03-28-08, 12:15 pm
Damn good shoulder day bro. I always hated the old memories, but if they help to fuel these workouts.....use them.

Sir J-Werk
03-28-08, 3:43 pm
I was fat kid that ran into crap like this every day. What options did you really have? Fight and get expelled? Or kicked off the team? Or lose and suffer even more humility? I always chose to beat them where I could, and that is where your brains and dedication came into it. Don't play by their rules. You may have took it then and there, but I seriously doubt you let him humiliate you every time, I am sure you out played him at some point, or made him look like an ass somewhere along the road. Besides, what does it matter anymore? Are you still taking people's shit, I doubt it... -T.

I always had flash visions of cold-cocking the fucker with my helmet.... But I never did anything; never out played him; never got him back.... I just kept my eyes towards the ground and did my thing.... It's where I first learned to be numb.

Good damn session there bro. Alot of volume I see. I know what your talking about with those douchebags in highschool. I dealt with the same shit. I did have the last laugh however, when I came back home after being in FL weighing about 80lbs more. The shit talking sure never happened again.

When I graduated high school I think I weighed 160 pounds.... Skinny choir kid, literally. Music was my outlet at the time.... Here I sit ten years later 50-60 pounds heavier and two arms full of tattoos.... I am still the lamb.

Damn good shoulder day bro. I always hated the old memories, but if they help to fuel these workouts.....use them.

For no reason of self-pity or wishing did I choose to start this journey as such.... But the closet need to be cleaned out and then maybe I can shed some skin and remember who I am.... I lost that a long time ago.... Yet another Demon.

zanderfever
03-28-08, 9:39 pm
Yes, Brother, it is.... Some things just can not be undone.

Damn, thats rough. Good shoulder hit though. Keep up the good work.

Sir J-Werk
03-30-08, 11:52 am
Legs, Calves, and Abs yesterday....

Leg Ext. w/u:
80x15
90x15
100x15
100x15
Squats:
95x10
135x10
165x8
185x6
205x5 < When the guys came up I squated 200 pounds ATG on my own for the first time and hit 6 then hit 2more with Hola spotting me.... PR.
145x12
Leg Press:
3ppsx15
4ppsx12
5ppsx6 < It blows my mind that I am forever fucking stuck on 10 plates.
4pps+25's x7
3ppsx15
SLDL's SS w/ Lying Leg Curls:
135x10/65x12
165x10/80x12
185x10/95x10
Standing Calf Raises:
195x15x3
Machine Crunches:
Stackx20x5

Wasn't quit the leg workout I wanted but no one to blame but myself.... I only had one meal in me when I hit the gym and I had to cut out another round of leg extensions and seated calf raises because I had to be somewhere.... Those things considering, I'll take it.... It will be nice the day I can cut out the 95 and 115 warm ups on squats and warm up with 135.... Small victories are victories none the less.

With all the mental closet cleaning I've done this week, and with more to come, I'm honestly pleased with a few things I've done this week.... Pulled 315 on deads for the first time and hit a new squat PR two days after.... I've gone back to lifting on instinct which has helped tremendously.... Things are going to be good.

zanderfever
03-30-08, 8:13 pm
With all the mental closet cleaning I've done this week, and with more to come, I'm honestly pleased with a few things I've done this week.... Pulled 315 on deads for the first time and hit a new squat PR two days after.... I've gone back to lifting on instinct which has helped tremendously.... Things are going to be good.

Hey! Today I hit 315 on deads for the first time to, 3 reps. Felt beautiful. glad you got in the workout around shit. Good one to.

Sir J-Werk
04-01-08, 3:31 am
I have an uncle, Bob, my Dad's oldest brother, who lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and who we rarely see. He owns a very prosperous architech firm and makes more money than I will ever see in my lifetime.... Needless to say, he has worked hard to get to where he is today.... At one time I would probably tell you that his work ethic was a product of his up bringing.... Actually I could tell you that about all my uncles and my father....

My grandma and grandpa raised 6 kids, all boys.... Baby boomer generation.... All raised on a farm.... I probably don't have to go into great detail about that but none the less from sun up to sun down they all busted their ass and all were very close.... With a little bit of sibling rivarly mixed in but where doesn't that happen?

All of the boys went to, and completed, college with the exception of my Dad and youngest uncle. Dad went for, I believe, 3 years before marrying Mom, and Terry I think married a little bit after graduating high school.... But here is were this leads into something that my uncle Bob had said about Dad.... This I learned while having a conversation with my cousin, Bob's son, over the internet one night not more than 2 years ago....

It had been well know that after Bob remarried that he became a very different person.... Two faced to say the least.... We were all aware of the bullshit things he and his wife had said about members of my family at various family gatherings.... Which were few and far between.... And as only a true coward would, would say these things not to our faces but to random persons who always had a knack for passing the news along.... Fast forward to the coversation with my cousin.... It seems one night while talking to my cousins sister that Bob told here that my Dad was a sell out.... He sold out on bettering himself to marry my mom.... That he sold out to raise a family....

I will tell you that this sent waves of daggers through me and that I won't write anymore about it except to tell you this.... My Father has stood up for my mother, my sister, and I everytime he felt someone had hurt us.... He has worked his ass off for his twin brother who also owns his own buisness and continues to pay and treat my Dad like a piece of shit.... He will look you straight in the face and tell you that it doesn't matter because he has earned everything that he owns today and no one will every take that away from him.... He will tell you that he will chose his family everytime, if a sellout make him be.... He will tell you that he still loves his brothers because they are his blood.... Somehow my Dad has peace with this.... But I have yet to do the same.... Because the few times that I have seen my uncle since then I have bit my tongue, slapped on a fake smile, and shook the cock suckers hand....

This is my Father....

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=120p6yp&s=3

And this is a, "Fuck you" to my Uncle....

Demon.

Chest an Tri's

Flat Bench Press:
Bar x 25
95x12
115x12
135x10
160x10
185x5
185x5
155x10
135x12 < Much better than last week.
Incline DB Press:
45x10
55x8
60x8
60x6
50x11
Low Incline DB Flyes SS w/ BW Dips:
30x12/failure
30x10/failure
30x10/failure < the only part of my w/o that i wasn't pleased with was the dips... failure was coming around the 4-6 rep range....
Dbl Arm Overhead DB Ext:
70x5
60x8
60x8
60x9
Press Downs:
60x12
70x12
80x10
80x10
60xfailure
60xfailure

Hey! Today I hit 315 on deads for the first time to, 3 reps. Felt beautiful. glad you got in the workout around shit. Good one to.

Thanks Brother and congrats on your 315!

Themostocles
04-01-08, 3:39 am
Great workout J. I have yet to superset with dips, but I can only imagine what it robs from your energy trying to do bodyweight. Your uncle sounds alot like my dad's whole family lol. They lie, cheat, and steal among themselves, and they treat outsiders worse. You know who your father is and what he stands for, thats all that matters. -T.

Sir J-Werk
04-01-08, 4:18 am
Great workout J. I have yet to superset with dips, but I can only imagine what it robs from your energy trying to do bodyweight. Your uncle sounds alot like my dad's whole family lol. They lie, cheat, and steal among themselves, and they treat outsiders worse. You know who your father is and what he stands for, thats all that matters. -T.

The dips are feast or famine.... Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad.... I'll just keep at it.... As for my uncle.... I just don't fucking get it.... But hey, I'm just the son of a "sell out."
Thanks T.

zanderfever
04-01-08, 12:08 pm
Thanks Brother and congrats on your 315!

Anytime, and thank you. Always feels good to hit a PR.

You deal with some crazy shit. Glad your not letting it get to you to much.

Sir J-Werk
04-01-08, 4:36 pm
Anytime, and thank you. Always feels good to hit a PR.

You deal with some crazy shit. Glad your not letting it get to you to much.

The thing is I never delt with it.... I just filed everything away in the back of my mind.... And while some will say that I was just doing the right thing by "not letting it get to me...." Little did they know how I really felt....

Many of the demons that dance in my head would be best served with a little forgiveness; for myself and others.... Which, as irony would have it, was what was preached about at church this past Sunday.... Talk about timing.... Yet I still haven't grasped the concept of just letting things go.... Some don't understand it because it is suppose to be one of the easiest choices you can make; forgiveness.... But when you hold onto something for so long it very much becomes apart of you.... and the easiest choices become very difficult.

brandonA
04-01-08, 4:51 pm
There are more than one member of my family that are still able to eat solid food becasue I held back. I dont understand what the hell is wrong with people that just because some one is blood, that you can get away with shit like that..And it has been my experance (Archiectural drafter for over ten years with most of spent in major firms), archiects are egotitisctial assholes who need to loose a few teeth....Of course there are exceptions and I know a few, but the rest of them can kiss my blue-collar ass....

Keep doing your thing bro, you are getting stronger every day...

-B

Malloy1344
04-01-08, 5:01 pm
Much Respect bro. Its hard dealing with that shit especially when its a family member. Great workout as well. Reading your journey here is very inspiring and its good to vent this shit out. We are here for ya.

Sir J-Werk
04-01-08, 7:15 pm
There are more than one member of my family that are still able to eat solid food becasue I held back. I dont understand what the hell is wrong with people that just because some one is blood, that you can get away with shit like that..And it has been my experance (Archiectural drafter for over ten years with most of spent in major firms), archiects are egotitisctial assholes who need to loose a few teeth....Of course there are exceptions and I know a few, but the rest of them can kiss my blue-collar ass....

Keep doing your thing bro, you are getting stronger every day...

-B

I don't know B.... I can remember some times when I was a lot younger that my uncle was the coolest guy you'd ever met.... perhaps the reality was that I was too young to see what the real deal is.... I've had similar instances happen on Mom's side of the family as well and although they were bullshit nothing set me off like what my uncle said.... I mean, that's my Dad, you know? But I've bit my tongue so many times and I am tired of bleeding.... Anyway....

Thanks B, for the encouragement.

Much Respect bro. Its hard dealing with that shit especially when its a family member. Great workout as well. Reading your journey here is very inspiring and its good to vent this shit out. We are here for ya.

Thanks Jim. I saw that pic you posted up the other day ya fackin beast!.... But you better light a fire under your ass though 'cause I'm catchin up to ya! ;)

As for all the shit I've written so far, my therapist always said that I needed to find a way to get it up and out.... kinda like a balloon.... fill it up with everything that's holding you down and just let it go.... it's the last three words of that sentence that I haven't done so well with.

brandonA
04-01-08, 7:21 pm
I hear ya bro, I quit holding my tounge, not worth it anymore...I was in a shell for a long time, beatdowns from one of my mom's ex-husbands kept me afraid of men for a while, well, men in authority...but some where along the line my whole attitude changed and I opperate in a no holds barred mode, expacily around family. I am 28 years old, treat me with respect that I have earned, or fuck off. I am by no means an asshole, I just dont put up with bullshit from aunt, uncles or thier bitch ass kids anymore...

I feel where you are coming from bro, I really do...things were so much eaiser when we were young and dumb....Growing up sucks (sometimes)

-B

Big Wides
04-01-08, 7:42 pm
hey bro, much respect to you and what you've overcome to get to where you are today, it shows not only through your sessions but in your words and how you handle what has been thrown at you. keep going strong bro

Sir J-Werk
04-01-08, 8:09 pm
I hear ya bro, I quit holding my tounge, not worth it anymore...I was in a shell for a long time, beatdowns from one of my mom's ex-husbands kept me afraid of men for a while, well, men in authority...but some where along the line my whole attitude changed and I opperate in a no holds barred mode, expacily around family. I am 28 years old, treat me with respect that I have earned, or fuck off. I am by no means an asshole, I just dont put up with bullshit from aunt, uncles or thier bitch ass kids anymore...

I feel where you are coming from bro, I really do...things were so much eaiser when we were young and dumb....Growing up sucks (sometimes)

-B

I honestly think that the only thing that has held me in check in regards to this is the respect I have for my family (my parents) and my grandparents.... I know what my parents have taught me about what a family is suppose to be and I know what family means to my grandparents.... Especially after so many fucked up things happened on grandpa's side of the family.... But it gets a lot harder the older I get and considering the fact that I'm a little bit to big to be turned over a knee and whipped with a razor strap I feel like I'm on the edge of a knife.... I think specifically two of my uncles have forgotten where they came from.... Not in regards to work ethic but how they treat there own.

hey bro, much respect to you and what you've overcome to get to where you are today, it shows not only through your sessions but in your words and how you handle what has been thrown at you. keep going strong bro

I'm not usually one to talk too much on "the rage" that some talk about in the gym.... Granted I've gone into the gym less than a hand full of time pissed at something but by the time I'm through my warm ups that anger is gone and it's all about focus.... But lately since stirring this shit up in my head and letting it out I have been lifting with a chip on my shoulder and its strange how it has played a part in my sessions....

There is no thinking just action. I don't think, "maybe I'll put this much or that much on the bar next set." ... I just put it and hit it.... I don't think about how many reps I think I should do.... I just burn'em out.... whether it's 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.... It doesn't matter.... So in a sense my focus has become more clearer.... I try to match the weight that bears down on my thoughts with the weight that I move with my body.... And I only now have I started to notice how I was holding myself back from growing....

Shit.... I think I just taught myself a lesson. LOL

zanderfever
04-01-08, 9:44 pm
The thing is I never delt with it.... I just filed everything away in the back of my mind.... And while some will say that I was just doing the right thing by "not letting it get to me...." Little did they know how I really felt....

Many of the demons that dance in my head would be best served with a little forgiveness; for myself and others.... Which, as irony would have it, was what was preached about at church this past Sunday.... Talk about timing.... Yet I still haven't grasped the concept of just letting things go.... Some don't understand it because it is suppose to be one of the easiest choices you can make; forgiveness.... But when you hold onto something for so long it very much becomes apart of you.... and the easiest choices become very difficult.

Truer words have never been spoken. Guess I should rephrase-glad your not showing it to much and arent letting it destroy everything

Sir J-Werk
04-01-08, 10:07 pm
Truer words have never been spoken. Guess I should rephrase-glad your not showing it to much and arent letting it destroy everything

It's all good.... No need to rephrase anything.... I am very much letting it out now however, keeping it in check a lot better than what I would have, say, 3-4 years ago.... This were weight lifting has been a God sent to me whereas I once turned to drugs and alcohol now I have a positive focus to channel through....

Waking up to DOMS is much sweeter than waking up a hung over or with an acid headache....

zanderfever
04-01-08, 10:21 pm
It's all good.... No need to rephrase anything.... I am very much letting it out now however, keeping it in check a lot better than what I would have, say, 3-4 years ago.... This were weight lifting has been a God sent to me whereas I once turned to drugs and alcohol now I have a positive focus to channel through....

Waking up to DOMS is much sweeter than waking up a hung over or with an acid headache....

Damn, acid headache does not bring up happy thoughts. Excellent job turning it around. Welcome to the light side, my friend.

Sir J-Werk
04-02-08, 3:07 am
When I was about 9 or 10 my grandpa (Mom's side) was diagnosed with bone and prostate cancer.... Later on I found out that granny had told him on his birthday.... The family was all together at their house in Union Star, a small town north of here.... I remember going upstairs to do something and as I walked by the bathroom I saw grandpa kneeling infront of the toilet and I could here him saying, "God help me, God help me...." To someone my age it just looked like grandpa wasn't feeling good.... Would you if someone just told you you're going to die?

By the time I was 11 grandpa was in the hospital quite a lot.... Mom use to pick me up from the babysitters and the first thing we would do was go to see him.... I don't remember many of the visits save one.... Grandpa was upset because I had busted the screen door at the old farm house and while he was fixing it the cows got out.... Morphine.

The visits became more and more frequent and the more and more I hated it.... When you're 11 you don't want to spend your afternoons and evenings at a hospital. You want to ride bikes, play catch, play ball the next street over.... All I wanted to do was fucking play.... One afternoon we had come home after Mom had picked my sister and I up from the sitters and I went across the street to get the mail.... Before I could get to the curb I heard Mom say, "Don't get your bike out. We have to go see grandpa." As I walked across the street I mumbled to myself, "I don't want to see grandpa.... I wish he'd just die...."

Three weeks later I was carrying my grandpa, along with my 5 cousins, to his gravesite.... I got my fucking wish....

Grandpa, I am so sorry....

Demon.

Back, Bi's, and Abs

V-Bar Pull Downs:
120x12
135x12
150x10
165x8
180x6
150x12
BOR's:
135x10
160x10
185x8
205x8
T-Bar Rows:
140x10
165x10
180x8
140x12
Straight Arm Pull Downs:
50x15
60x13
70x9
80x6 (drop-set) 50xfailure
Lying Cable Curls:
40x15
60x12
70x8
70x9
70x10
50xfailure
Machine Preacher Curls:
100x12
120x12
Stackx10
Stackx8 (drop-set) 120xfailure
Machine Crunches:
Stackx20x5

Themostocles
04-02-08, 3:12 am
You were 11 J, don't be hard on yourself. You didn't make it happen. -T.

Sir J-Werk
04-02-08, 4:05 am
You were 11 J, don't be hard on yourself. You didn't make it happen. -T.

True.... But that one still hurts.

zanderfever
04-02-08, 7:35 am
This is some hardcore venting.

Sir J-Werk
04-04-08, 1:40 pm
I missed my shoulder w/o Wednesday due to an unexpected patient transfer at work and I missed my Leg w/o lastnight due to the fact that AFTER I had downed some shock therapy and drove to the gym last night I discovered a note on the door that read, "Door not working. Please buzz to get in." .... Obviously no one was there at midnight so I was shit canned.... I obviously didn't sleep too well either as you can imagine.... So I awoke this morning and went down to the gym again to at least knock out a quick leg w/o since I didn't want to waste my shoulders one day before out ABC session in St. Louis which to the last of my knowledge is going to be a chest w/o....

Legs and Calves

Close Stance Squats on a Board:
barx20
95x15
115x15
135x12
145x12
155x10
165x10
Lying Leg Ext SS w/ Standing Calf Raises:
65x15/180x20
80x15/195x20
80x15/195x20
80x15/195x20

That's all I needed.... Short and simple and surprisingly brutal....

I had a old Demon visit me shortly after I got home.... I don't know why but I had a bad flash back, a relaps if you will, while packing up my things for tomorrow.... I was counting some packs of Flex and Pak when all of a sudden I got very scared and very nervous....

I have written about this before but to touch on it again briefly, a few years ago I was prescribed a lot of medication, including narcotics, to treat my depression.... And several times I came close to downing those bottles....

Next thing I know I am ripping open packs and dumping them into the toilet as fast as I can get my hands on them.... Next thing to go was the Uniliver, then protein powder, then the Shock Therapy, and then Torrent.... All gone....

Some of you are going to think I'm crazy for it.... But I don't expect anyone to understand it.... I can't explain to you what those things looked like to my eyes.... They weren't Animal or Universal products.... they were something else; something darker....

I don't blame the manufacturers of these products for this by any means.... And I still love what this company is about and all of those that have anything to do with it.... It's just going to be a very long time, if ever, that I use supplements again....

Demon.

Lowdown5
04-04-08, 4:53 pm
OK, the supps are gone, no biggee. But we need to find what triggered this reaction. I sent you a PM.

Sir J-Werk
04-04-08, 5:16 pm
OK, the supps are gone, no biggee. But we need to find what triggered this reaction. I sent you a PM.

Got it.... Just replied.

zanderfever
04-04-08, 5:44 pm
I'm sorry. Do what you have to do.

brandonA
04-04-08, 6:26 pm
Hang in there Big J...Just a small bump in the road bro...

-B

Sir J-Werk
04-04-08, 7:30 pm
I'm sorry. Do what you have to do.

All I can do is learn from it and move on.... But to make light of it as not to dwell too long on it; there are going to be a lot of pumped up fish swimming around in the Missouri River after the amount of stuff I dumped.... LOL.... ~sigh~

Hang in there Big J...Just a small bump in the road bro...

-B

Yeah.... Not exactly how I wanted to start off my day.... Let alone while I was getting ready for a trip that I am very much excited about.... But I will let that be my light; be my positive focus....

Lowdown5
04-04-08, 7:32 pm
Anybody can see the negative in a situation, it takes a strong person to see the positive.

Sir J-Werk
04-04-08, 8:08 pm
Anybody can see the negative in a situation, it takes a strong person to see the positive.

Thanks again, John.

Lowdown5
04-04-08, 8:10 pm
Thanks again, John.

Anytime Bro, anytime at all.

Themostocles
04-04-08, 8:21 pm
If you need to talk, you can call. We come from similar backgrounds on that.... -T.

Lowdown5
04-04-08, 8:23 pm
If you need to talk, you can call. We come from similar backgrounds on that.... -T.

That is very cool of you T, much respect.

Sir J-Werk
04-08-08, 4:12 pm
Hit chest with Hola Bola and E-Dogg85 this weekend at the ABC.... It was great time and a great learning experience!

Hammer Strength Incline:
1ppsx15
2ppsx10
2pps+10x15
2pps+10x12
2pps+25x3x3forced
2ppsx8
2ppsx8
*partials
1pps+25x25x2-sets
BB Incline Partials:
115x15
135x12
155x10
155x10
135x20
135x13
Dips:
12, 10, 13, +1plate x 6, 10
Cable X-Overs (Low Pulleys):
30x15
30x13 (drop) 20x10
40x10 (drop) 30x8
50x8 (drop) 40x8 (drop) 30x8
40xfailure

zanderfever
04-08-08, 8:04 pm
I like the lack of BB bench. Props for leaving it out. Usually people are so enamored with it they do it every workout

Sir J-Werk
04-09-08, 3:27 am
I like the lack of BB bench. Props for leaving it out. Usually people are so enamored with it they do it every workout

Hola Bola was the designer and we made it happen. It was a great work out!!!

Shoulder's and Tri's: 4/8/08

BB Shoulder Press:
Barx20
75x12
95x12
105x10
115x8
125x7
110x10
110x9(failure) < Not one of my stronger lifts.
Seated DB Side Laterals:
20x15
25x10
30x10
30x10
25x12
25x12
Cable Upright Rows:
40x20
50x15
60x15
70x12
80x12
50x20
Rope Press Downs:
40x20
50x12
60x10
70x10
80x8
50x15
CGBP:
95x10
115x10
135x10
145x8
120x12
115x10 < Spent
Overhead Cable Ext:
60x12
70x15
80x12
90x10
90x10
60xfailure

Shoulders and Tri's felt great.... Good pump.... Not to shabby for a make-up day.

Sir J-Werk
04-10-08, 2:29 am
Back and Bi's - 4/9/08

Deads:
135x10
185x10
205x10
225x5
235x5
245x5
255x5
265x5
BOR's:
115x12
135x10
155x10
175x10
195x10
205x8
185x10
Rev. Grip Pulldowns:
120x10
135x10
135x10
135x10
WG EZ-Bar Curls:
55x12
75x10
95x8
115x6
75x15
75x15
Incline DB's SS w/ Rev. Grip Cable Curls:
25x8x8/40x12
25x8x8/40x12
25x8x8/40x12
25x8x8/40x12

Decided to play around with 5x5 for deads.... It went well except for the fact that the bar I used was bent.... Which I discovered in the middle of one of my sets.... Damn thing twisted on me and I finished the last two reps with my finger tips.... That felt awesome! The workout really moved once I was done with those.... BOR's felt really good and the Rev. Grip Pulldowns were a great finisher.... Biceps are destroyed.... Super Set at the end to finish'em off proper.

hjayss
04-10-08, 6:24 am
Nice back session young/old sir...mwa ha ha ha ...nah but love the work you are doing and the benefit of having a solid up and coming pro like hola is very beneficial

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 11:22 am
Looks like you are right back on track, I like it.

Sir J-Werk
04-10-08, 1:07 pm
Nice back session young/old sir...mwa ha ha ha ...nah but love the work you are doing and the benefit of having a solid up and coming pro like hola is very beneficial

Looks like you are right back on track, I like it.

Thanks Brothers.

Sir J-Werk
04-10-08, 6:05 pm
.... the benefit of having a solid up and coming pro like hola is very beneficial

Although I have only worked out with him twice now it has been a wonderful experience to go through the sessions that Hola has put out.... Not just because of the lifts or the weight but that mental high of it....

When you get the opportunity to sit back and watch someone like that it really dials you into what's going on and what you are doing.... By no means are you just going through the motions.... You ARE accomplishing something and you ARE gaining....

But all of the guys that I have had the opportunity to workout with in the ABC sessions that we've had have all brought something to the table that I end up taking home with me.... I truely do look forward to getting the chance to lift and hangout with them.... Without a doubt this has been a gigantic positive for me!

.... But if it wasn't for those crazy guys in Chi-town startin' this off and getting together then probably none of these ABC sessions would have been possible. ;)

zanderfever
04-11-08, 12:59 am
I need to get me an ABC session...

mdh84
04-11-08, 1:56 am
Bro, I just read this entire thread and I got to hand it to you for letting out all of these demons. Your first story hit home. My grandpa was in ww2 and korea as a Marine. I decided to join the army and he was proud, he would joke and call me the general and stuff like that. The day i was supposed to get on the plane, I decided not to go. Since then I haven't really done anything better for myself or stuck with anything as far as college or a career. Everytime I think about it I regret it. I wish that I would have gone, that I would have shown my family that I can follow through with something. Keep fighting these demons bro... you've got 12,000+ here to go into battle with you.

Sir J-Werk
04-11-08, 2:18 am
I need to get me an ABC session...

Hell yeah Brother! Surely there's a chapter near you....

Bro, I just read this entire thread and I got to hand it to you for letting out all of these demons. Your first story hit home. My grandpa was in ww2 and korea as a Marine. I decided to join the army and he was proud, he would joke and call me the general and stuff like that. The day i was supposed to get on the plane, I decided not to go. Since then I haven't really done anything better for myself or stuck with anything as far as college or a career. Everytime I think about it I regret it. I wish that I would have gone, that I would have shown my family that I can follow through with something. Keep fighting these demons bro... you've got 12,000+ here to go into battle with you.

Stuff like that is tough especially if you hang onto it.... which is what I did.... Sometimes you have to unload to find out how much you've really weighed yourself down.... The best thing we can do is keep our head up and we'll be just fine....

mdh84
04-11-08, 2:23 am
I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sir J-Werk
04-11-08, 2:34 am
Legs and Calves - 4/10/08

Leg Ext:
80x12
90x12
100x12
120x10
140x10
120x10>130x10>180x2>100x15
120x10>130x10>180x2>100x15 - That was just flippin' ridiculous....
Lying Leg Curls:
65x15
80x12
95x10
110x9
110x8
Leg Press (feet close together):
3ppsx12
4ppsx10
5ppsx8
5ppsx8 - two more reps than last week....
4ppsx12
Squats:
135x10
155x9
155x8 - goal was 10.... room spinning FTW.
Single Leg Standing Curls SS w/ Standing Calf Raises:
40x12/195x20
50x12/195x20
60x12/195x20
70x12/195x20
80x12/195x20 - first time using the standing leg curl machine.
Seated Calf Raises:
125x15
125x15
125x15
125x15
125x15

This work out could have been a lot better had it not followed an intense back workout.... Sounds like I need to switch things up on my split again if I am going to be pumpin' up the volume.... I won't lie, i was strugglin' after the leg presses.... I could have laid down and passed out easily.... The squats were just for a burn out.... I was disappointed that I didn't get the ten on 155.... But i won't trip on it too much.... my main goal is 225 and with 205 already out of the way I'll be there soon.... I'm going to feel this in the morning....

Sir J-Werk
04-11-08, 10:43 pm
New split....

Monday: Quads
Tuesday: Shoulders/Triceps
Wednesday: Back/Traps/Rear Delts
Thursday: Off
Friday: Hams/Calves
Saturday: Chest
Sunday: Lats/Biceps

.... The Man just knows.... You know who you are. ;)

Lowdown5
04-11-08, 10:44 pm
Looks good Bro, hit it hard.

widdlewade44
04-11-08, 10:49 pm
New split....

Squatting and doing some deads? If you are, is the Mon and Wed too close together? i.e., maybe not enough recovery time? Just some questions...

Kevin
widdlewade44

Sir J-Werk
04-11-08, 10:58 pm
Looks good Bro, hit it hard.

You know it John. ;)

Squatting and doing some deads? If you are, is the Mon and Wed too close together? i.e., maybe not enough recovery time? Just some questions...

Kevin
widdlewade44

Good question Kevin.... I pull heavy on deads about every 3 weeks.... For example....
week one: Heavy Deads,
week two: no pulling
week three: no pulling OR Racks
week four: Racks for reps OR Heavy Deads

My goal in squats is getting that weight up.... So my plan is to alternate a heavy week with a light/for reps week....

It will take some toying with but it's a hell of a lot better than having them back-to-back like I have been!

widdlewade44
04-11-08, 11:03 pm
Cool...you've got the issue covered and are going to be taking it to the next levels, sweet. Good luck bro.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Sir J-Werk
04-12-08, 12:01 am
Cool...you've got the issue covered and are going to be taking it to the next levels, sweet. Good luck bro.

Kevin
widdlewade44

I hope so! Thanks Kevin.

Sir J-Werk
04-12-08, 4:57 pm
Chest and Abs - 4/12/08

Low Incline Flyes:
25x12
25x12
30x12
40x10
45x8
35x10
BB Inclines:
barx20
95x10
115x10
125x10
135x8
135x8
120x8
120x8 - !@!%&!$@!&%@!&@ .... :(
BW Dips:
Pec-Deck:
100x15
120x12
130x12
140x10
140x10
150x8
120x16
110x20
Weighted Ab Machine:
110x20
120x10
130x10
140x10
150(stack)x20

Still managed to have a decent w/o dispite my weak-ass inclines.... Dips weren't anything to special.... I just wanted a good stretch and it turned into a great pump.... SHould have did more.... Pec-deck for the burnout....

Hola Bola
04-13-08, 12:23 pm
How come you always have a thread going that I don't know about?!?!

I just read through the whole thing... it takes alot of guts to face your demons and come to grips with them... you've definately got my respect for that. Keep your head up bro... if theres anything I can help you with... diet, routine, supps, anything... just let me know.

Hola Bola
04-13-08, 12:32 pm
New split....

lol... I've changed the order slightly though, since I first designed that routine. It looks like this now...

Chest
Quads/Calves
Lats/Biceps
Shoulders/Triceps
Hams/Calves
Back/Traps/Rear Delts

Days of the week doesn't matter, and you can add an off day or two in there wherever you'd like.

Sir J-Werk
04-14-08, 3:52 pm
How come you always have a thread going that I don't know about?!?!

I just read through the whole thing... it takes alot of guts to face your demons and come to grips with them... you've definately got my respect for that. Keep your head up bro... if theres anything I can help you with... diet, routine, supps, anything... just let me know.

LOL, I'm not very sneeky am I? I really appreciate it Blake....

lol... I've changed the order slightly though, since I first designed that routine. It looks like this now...

Chest
Quads/Calves
Lats/Biceps
Shoulders/Triceps
Hams/Calves
Back/Traps/Rear Delts

Days of the week doesn't matter, and you can add an off day or two in there wherever you'd like.

you know I was following your's and E's journal and couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what the hell was going on and why the days weren't matching up! So noooooow you tell me! LOL!

While I am thinking about it I may look into getting a membership to either Xtreme or the 24-hour place in your area.... Since a majority of the weekends I am at my girls place and I'm going to need a place to lift on Saturdays and Sundays when I am down there....

Hola Bola
04-14-08, 4:48 pm
LOL, I'm not very sneeky am I? I really appreciate it Blake....

you know I was following your's and E's journal and couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what the hell was going on and why the days weren't matching up! So noooooow you tell me! LOL!

While I am thinking about it I may look into getting a membership to either Xtreme or the 24-hour place in your area.... Since a majority of the weekends I am at my girls place and I'm going to need a place to lift on Saturdays and Sundays when I am down there....

Haha yeah, I changed it around after trying it out... the first version looked good on paper but it needed some slight adjustments to make it perfect.

That would be cool... me and Evan try and meet up on the weekends to lift... you could definately lift with us.

Sir J-Werk
04-14-08, 4:55 pm
Haha yeah, I changed it around after trying it out... the first version looked good on paper but it needed some slight adjustments to make it perfect.

That would be cool... me and Evan try and meet up on the weekends to lift... you could definately lift with us.

That would be great! I'll talk to you more about it this Saturday at the ABC....

Sir J-Werk
04-15-08, 3:51 am
Lats and Biceps - 4/14/08

Wide Grip BORs:
95x15
115x15
135x12
155x10
165x10
175x10
125x20
125x20
EZ Bar Curls:
55x15
65x12
75x12
95x10
105x8
100x10
80x12
75x15
CG Pull-downs:
120x12
135x10
150x8
150x10
135x10
120x12
DB Hammers:
25x10x10
30x8x8
40x8x8
45x6x6
30x10x10
Straight Arm Pull-downs:
40x20
50x15
60x12
70x8
50x15
50x15
*Super Set with....*
Machine Preachers:
100x15
110x15
120x12
130x10
110x15
110x15

Pretty slick w/o tonight.... I like the alternating between the two muscle groups especially after hitting biceps and then hitting the lats again.... Makes you really concentrate on using the lats to power through the movement instead of the biceps.... Allows for a great mind/muscle connection which led right into a great pump by the time I finished.

Sir J-Werk
04-16-08, 3:34 am
Shoulders and Triceps - 4/15/08

DB Presses:
30x12
35x12
40x10
50x8
55x6
55x6
35x10
35x12
CGBP:
95x12
115x12
135x10
145x7
155x6
160x5
135x8 - damn it....
135x7 - damn it....
Machine Side Laterals:
20x10
20x10
25x10
27.5x8
20x10
20x10 - I thought I would save my wrists a little and jump on this thing.... what a waste of time....
Decline Skulls:
55x15
65x12
75x10
75x10
75x8
Wide Grip Cable Upright Row:
50x15
60x15
70x10
70x10
70x10
80x10
*Super Set with...*
Press Downs:
50x15
60x15
70x10
70x10
70x10
80x10

Great night for triceps but the shoulders were a bit lack-luster.... That side lateral machine sucked all that is good out of the world.... CGBP was pretty decent although I wish I could have repped out 10 on the last two sets.... The super set at the end finished everything off with a good burn, especially my triceps.... I need to figure out something to blast my shoulders better than I have.

zanderfever
04-16-08, 6:51 pm
Shoulders and Triceps - 4/15/08

DB Presses:
30x12
35x12
40x10
50x8
55x6
55x6
35x10
35x12
CGBP:
95x12
115x12
135x10
145x7
155x6
160x5
135x8 - damn it....
135x7 - damn it....
Machine Side Laterals:
20x10
20x10
25x10
27.5x8
20x10
20x10 - I thought I would save my wrists a little and jump on this thing.... what a waste of time....
Decline Skulls:
55x15
65x12
75x10
75x10
75x8
Wide Grip Cable Upright Row:
50x15
60x15
70x10
70x10
70x10
80x10
*Super Set with...*
Press Downs:
50x15
60x15
70x10
70x10
70x10
80x10

Great night for triceps but the shoulders were a bit lack-luster.... That side lateral machine sucked all that is good out of the world.... CGBP was pretty decent although I wish I could have repped out 10 on the last two sets.... The super set at the end finished everything off with a good burn, especially my triceps.... I need to figure out something to blast my shoulders better than I have.

If you want to have some good shoulder fun, do 1 arm lateral raises. Also, doing this thing on a high pulley is really fun for your rear delts. No idea what its called so heres what it is

Grab the opposite D handle with your hand (i.e. left D handle with right hand, right D handle with left hand)
Cross your hands in front of you, so that your elbows are about level with your ear, get a stretch in your back
pull both arms out so you are ending in a sort of jesus pose
repeat

Sir J-Werk
04-16-08, 6:56 pm
If you want to have some good shoulder fun, do 1 arm lateral raises. Also, doing this thing on a high pulley is really fun for your rear delts. No idea what its called so heres what it is

Grab the opposite D handle with your hand (i.e. left D handle with right hand, right D handle with left hand)
Cross your hands in front of you, so that your elbows are about level with your ear, get a stretch in your back
pull both arms out so you are ending in a sort of jesus pose
repeat

I had originally planned on doing one arm raises on the cable machine last night but changed my mind at the last minute.... those hit my delts pretty good.... I do rear delt work on back days, which is coming up soon, so I will give that a shot. Thanks for the input.

zanderfever
04-16-08, 10:03 pm
I had originally planned on doing one arm raises on the cable machine last night but changed my mind at the last minute.... those hit my delts pretty good.... I do rear delt work on back days, which is coming up soon, so I will give that a shot. Thanks for the input.

Anytime. Do you prefer to do one arm lateral cable raises behind the back or in front?

Sir J-Werk
04-16-08, 10:08 pm
Anytime. Do you prefer to do one arm lateral cable raises behind the back or in front?

I've always done them infront.... Honestly, I've never thought to do them the other way....

zanderfever
04-16-08, 11:46 pm
I've always done them infront.... Honestly, I've never thought to do them the other way....

You should try them. I personally prefer going behind the back because its harder to cheat and I feel more of a pull on the muscle.

Sir J-Werk
04-17-08, 2:05 am
You should try them. I personally prefer going behind the back because its harder to cheat and I feel more of a pull on the muscle.

I will definitely do that Brother. Thank you for the tip.

Hams, Calves, and Abs - 4/16/08

SLDL's off the box:
115x12
135x10
155x10
175x10
195x8
135x12
Lying Leg Curls:
65x15
65x16
80x12
80x12
95x8
65x20
Standing Calf Raises (Feet in):
195x20
210x20
225x20
240x20
255x20
Seated Calf Raise (Feet out):
125x15
125x15
125x15
125x15
125x15
Super Set with...
Weighted Machine Cruches:
110x20
120x20
130x20
140x20
150(stack)x20

Short and simple tonight.... Need to have some in the reserves for Saturdays ABC Leg session in KC so I wasn't out to break any records.... Tomorrow's Back, Traps, and Rear Delts. ;)

Sir J-Werk
04-18-08, 2:50 am
Back, Traps, and Rear Delts - 4/17/08

Chest Supported T-Bars: (Wide Handles)
Platex12
60x10
70x10
70x10
80x8
55x12 - Experimental...
Plate Loaded One-Arm Seated Rows:
45x20x20
65x15x15
80x12x12
90x10x10
115x10x10 -
DB Shrugs:
70x10
70x10
80x10
80x10
110x6 - lol, I picked up the wrong db's thinking these were the 90's! FTW!
90x10
Bent Over DB Raises:
20x12
20x12
25x10
30x8
30x8
20x12 - Form was HORRIBLE! These need a lot of work!
Seated Cable Rows:
135x10
150x10
150x10
150x10 - took these as slow as I could stand so I could get a good stretch and contraction....
Super Set with...
High Cable Rope Pulls:
40x10
40x10
50x10
50x10

A lot shorter than what I've been doing.... I got to the gym late tonight so that played a small role in things.... Two new things I did tonight were the Chest Supported T-Bars and the Plate Loaded Row.... I can see where the Chest Supported T-Bar is nice in the fact that you really can't cheat the motion but the particular model that we have doesn't work so well for me unfortunately.... The Plate Loaded Rows however kicked ass and will be a staple from now on.... The Bent Over DB Raises were just plain sloppy.... Much work ahead on those.... But as usual, the Super Set at the end worked perfect!

zanderfever
04-18-08, 2:09 pm
I will definitely do that Brother. Thank you for the tip.

Anytime

Sir J-Werk
04-20-08, 10:20 pm
Legs and Calves - 4/19/08 - ABC Session @ X-treme Fitness, Lee's Summit.

SLDL's:
135x12
185x12
205x10
205x10
185x10
135x12
alternated with...
BB Lunges:
95x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
alternated with...
1 Legged Press:
2plx12
2pl+25x10
3plx8
3pl+25x6
2pl+25x12
2plx15
Standing Calf Raises:
195x20
195x20
195x20
300(stack)x15
alternated with...
Lying Leg Curls:
90x15
90x15
100x12
130x15
alternated with...
Seated Calf Raises:
90x15
90x15
105x20
225x15
alternated with...
Hypers:
BW
BW
BW
BW
Leg Press:
2plx10reps/rest 10sec/up to 100 reps.

It was great to see everyone and meet some new people this weekend.... One hell of a leg session but I wouldn't expect anything less form one of Hola's w/o's.... Learned a lot.... I was still a little sore from hitting Hams a few days earlier but the numbers are what they are.... The leg presses at the end were crazy....

Back, Traps, and Rear Delts - 4/20/08 w/ Hola Bola @ X-treme Fitness

Chest Supported T-Bars:
45x15
60x12
80x12
90x12
110x10
115x8
90x12
80x15
75x20
HS One Arm Rows:
2plx15
3plx10
3pl+25x10
3pl+25x10
3plx12
2pl+25x20
Plate Loaded Shrugs: - Loved this thing!
2plx12
2pl+25x12
3plx10
3plx10
2pl+25x12
2plx20
Bent Over DB Raises:
20x15
25x15
30x12
30x12
30x12 - Hola showed me a different way of doing these than I have been and it made a WORLD of difference!
alternated with...
Compound Seated Rows:
125x15
155x12
170x12
185x12
155x15

Great w/o again today.... It was good working with Hola.... He had some great tips that really helped me hit my lats and rear delts.... Plus I got a membership to X-tremem so I am definitely look forward to lifting with him and E-dogg when I can.... Hitting chest tomorrow.

Malloy1344
04-21-08, 9:12 am
Last two workouts look awesome bro. Glad you got a chance to train wtih fellow animals. I see you haven't lost your taste for Volume!

Sir J-Werk
04-21-08, 10:48 am
Last two workouts look awesome bro. Glad you got a chance to train wtih fellow animals. I see you haven't lost your taste for Volume!

Thanks Jim.... lol, yeah, it's become ridiculous but I have a better Mind to Muscle Connection that way....

zanderfever
04-21-08, 12:19 pm
Those workouts are further testimony to the fact that I need to get to an ABC...

Sir J-Werk
04-21-08, 6:26 pm
Those workouts are further testimony to the fact that I need to get to an ABC...

Yeah ya do. ;)

Sir J-Werk
04-22-08, 12:05 am
Unscheduled off night.... The God damn card reader at the gym wouldn't work.... I didn't want to work chest tonight anyway.... who does that on Mondays....

zanderfever
04-22-08, 5:17 pm
Unscheduled off night.... The God damn card reader at the gym wouldn't work.... I didn't want to work chest tonight anyway.... who does that on Mondays....

Ooooh, I never work chest on mondays. Thats just a stupid move, haha.

Maharg
04-22-08, 8:04 pm
I cant think of anyone who would work chest on a monday. Most people i know only train chest and biceps every tuesday, thursday, and Saturday.

zanderfever
04-22-08, 9:08 pm
I cant think of anyone who would work chest on a monday. Most people i know only train chest and biceps every tuesday, thursday, and Saturday.

I deeply apologize, you clearly know everyhting about lifting and I shall follow you around everywhere and allow you to use me as a chair

Sir J-Werk
04-22-08, 10:13 pm
Ooooh, I never work chest on mondays. Thats just a stupid move, haha.

I deeply apologize, you clearly know everyhting about lifting and I shall follow you around everywhere and allow you to use me as a chair

lol....

Sir J-Werk
04-23-08, 3:12 am
Chest and Abs - 4/22/08

DB Incline:
35x15
45x15
55x10
60x10
65x7
55x8 - wanted 10
50x10 - wanted 12
45x12 - wanted 15
Flat Bench:
115x12
135x10
150x8
160x7
170x4
145x9 - Still not what I am looking for.... :(
Flat Cable Flyes:
20x10
30x6 - WTF?!
20x10
20x10
20x10
20x10 - Just went and squeezed the piss out of every rep....
Dips:
BWxFailure
BWxFailure
BWxFailure
BWxFailure - I was crappin' out at 6-8 reps....
alternated with...
DB Pullovers:
60x12
65x8
65x8
70x7
alternated with...
Pec-Deck:
110x20
120x15
130x15
140x15
Hanging Knee Raises: 5x20

Interesting w/o to say the least.... I think I could have planned it out better but I was annsy from not getting in the gym yesterday.... The whole idea was to hit my upper, middle, inner, and lower chest.... Still pissed I can't get those last few reps at the ends of my sets but those will come with time.... Quads tomorrow.

Themostocles
04-23-08, 4:48 am
That might not be what you are looking for on alot of the sets, but its still damn good progress. Especially since you work before you lift. -T.

Sir J-Werk
04-23-08, 4:18 pm
That might not be what you are looking for on alot of the sets, but its still damn good progress. Especially since you work before you lift. -T.

Thanks.... What I ment by that was not so directed at the amount of weight that I was lifting because I knew after the 8 sets of DB Inclines I would be pretty waxed, I was really wanting the reps when I started the deload sets.... when I only hit 145x9 I knew it was time to move on.... If I would have kept going I would have just ended up getting frustrated.... I'll improve next week.

Big Wides
04-23-08, 4:28 pm
I'll improve next week.

thats what this stuff is all about, doing a damn fine job Sir J. kicking ass and taking names

Sir J-Werk
04-23-08, 5:16 pm
thats what this stuff is all about, doing a damn fine job Sir J. kicking ass and taking names

Thanks Bro. :)

zanderfever
04-23-08, 9:59 pm

x2

Especially with the shit you've shared, your doing a damn good job.

Sir J-Werk
04-24-08, 2:43 am
x2

Especially with the shit you've shared, your doing a damn good job.

Thanks Bro.

Sir J-Werk
04-24-08, 2:44 am
Quads and Calves - 4/23/08

Squats:
115x12
135x12
160x10
185x6
205x6
215x4 - PR!
225x2 - PR!
155x10
145x12
135x12
Hacks:
35psx8
1psx8
1psx8
1psx8 - The hack machine at my gym is just strange. I only go to parallel b/c it isn't safe to bottom out on it.... But on the last set I FINALLY discovered the best stance for it, which is a close stance.... So, I have some work to do on it.
Leg Press:
3plx12
4plx12
5plx10 - 2 more reps than last time.
4plx12
3plx15
alternated with...
Leg Ext:
100x12
110x12
120x12
110x15
100x15
alternated with...
Standing Calf Raises (Heels Out):
300x20 (stack)
300x20
300x20
300x20
300x20
Seated Calf Raises (Heels In):
125x15
135x15
145x15
155x15
155x15

Great workout tonight! I hit 225 on squats 4 months ahead of schedule! I'm not even bummed out about the hacks since I rarely ever use the thing but now I have found a way to use it that I can benefit from.... The circuit of leg press, leg ext, and standing calf raises rocked!

I have a kick ass bulk diet set up thanks inpart to some suggestions from Hola Bola.... I'll be starting it almost immediately and I am looking forward to the gains that will bring.... Lats and Biceps tomorrow.

zanderfever
04-24-08, 2:56 pm
Thanks Bro.

Anytime. Congrats on your 2 Squat PRs. Those are always fun times. Enjoy the pain trying to shit, haha.

Sir J-Werk
04-24-08, 4:26 pm
Anytime. Congrats on your 2 Squat PRs. Those are always fun times. Enjoy the pain trying to shit, haha.

haha! The DOMS is just starting to kick in so I shouldn't have too many difficulties for the next few ours or so. lol....

zanderfever
04-24-08, 5:16 pm
haha! The DOMS is just starting to kick in so I shouldn't have too many difficulties for the next few ours or so. lol....

Ooooh, better get that fiber in quick. My chest is having a serious case of DOMS, but I don think thats nearly as much of a problem...

Hola Bola
04-24-08, 5:38 pm
Strong squatting man, and those numbers will only go up from here.

Sir J-Werk
04-24-08, 5:52 pm
Ooooh, better get that fiber in quick. My chest is having a serious case of DOMS, but I don think thats nearly as much of a problem...

Don't worry, I already ate my oats today. :)

Strong squatting man, and those numbers will only go up from here.

Now I am starting to understand why you like leg days so much.

zanderfever
04-24-08, 9:38 pm
Don't worry, I already ate my oats today. :)

Haha, good man

Malloy1344
04-24-08, 11:30 pm
Dude!! Awesome work! There is so much volume there my eyes almost started bleeding!! YES!!! Congrats on the PRS too. You Volume nut!

Hola Bola
04-24-08, 11:36 pm
Now I am starting to understand why you like leg days so much.

lol... leg days FTW!

Sir J-Werk
04-25-08, 2:17 am
Dude!! Awesome work! There is so much volume there my eyes almost started bleeding!! YES!!! Congrats on the PRS too. You Volume nut!

Thanks Jim! :) It was a great night and the fact I naid that SOB for 2 solid ATG squats made we.... get ready for it.... FUCKWHISTLED HAPPY! lol...

lol... leg days FTW!
x2!!! lol

Sir J-Werk
04-25-08, 2:33 am
Lats and Biceps - 4/24/08

CG Chins:
5 - Um, yeah.... that needs work....
HG Pull Downs:
120x15
135x12
150x12
165x10
180x8
195x6
165x12
150x15
135x20
Alt. DB Curls:
25x12x12
30x10x10
35x10x10
40x8x8
50x6x6
35x10x10
30x12x12
25x20x20
Bent Arm Pull Overs:
55x20
75x15
85x12
90x10
90x10
Low Cable Rope Curls:
50x12
60x12
70x10
70x10
60x12
50x15
alternated with....
Seated Cable Straight Arm Pull Down:
70x15
80x12
90x15
100x10
90x15
80x15

Good workout tonight.... Experimented with a couple new lifts just for the sake of variety.... Decided it was finally time to start doing chins.... That was humbling.... The HG Pull Downs and DB Curls were sweet.... Tried the Bent Arm Pullovers with the EZ Bar.... It was a good stretch but not as good hitting the lats as the DB Pullovers.... Low Cable Rope curls FTW.... Think I'll stay with regular Straight Arm Pull Downs.... Just couldn't get a connection going with the seated version.

zanderfever
04-25-08, 12:49 pm
Thanks Jim! :) It was a great night and the fact I naid that SOB for 2 solid ATG squats made we.... get ready for it.... FUCKWHISTLED HAPPY! lol...

Haha! Oh, you crazy twatwaffle...

Lowdown5
04-25-08, 1:19 pm
Great sessions Bro! Kickin some serious ass!!

Sir J-Werk
04-26-08, 9:42 pm
Haha! Oh, you crazy twatwaffle...

lol....

Great sessions Bro! Kickin some serious ass!!

Thank you John. :)

Sir J-Werk
04-26-08, 9:42 pm
Shoulders and Tricpes - 4/26/08

Smitty CG Bench:
135x15
155x12
185x12
195x10
205x8
205x8
205x8
185x12
185x12
155x28 (partials)
135x34 (partials)
Plate Loaded Dips:
2plx20
2pl+25x14
3plx12
3pl+25x5 - Owned
3plx10
3plx12
2pl+25x17
2plx30
"Nautilus" Overhead Ext:
80x15
100x12
110x10
120x10
90x12
alternated with....
"Nautilus" Seated Side Laterals:
80x15
90x15
100x12
110x12
90x15 - Man I wish we had this at my gym!

Great workout! The CG Smitty's were a nice change of pace for me.... The partials completely fried me.... First time on the dip machine.... Watched Hola and E-dogg play with the big weights while I stuck with my 3 plates.... It's just not fair. ;) I really liked the side lateral machine they have at Xtre.... I me Golds.... It is heads and shoulders above the one we have back at The Gym.... Hams and Calves tomorrow.

I'll let you guess with who?

Maharg
04-26-08, 10:13 pm
E-Bola and Hotdog?

Themostocles
04-26-08, 11:41 pm
E-Bola and Hotdog?

Thats fucking hilarious! -T.

Hola Bola
04-27-08, 4:40 pm
E-Bola and Hotdog?

lmao... nice!

Maharg
04-27-08, 5:38 pm
Thanks guys, i try.

Sir J-Werk
04-28-08, 7:56 am
E-Bola and Hotdog?

Thanks guys, i try.

Wow.... lol.... Don't you have homework? ;)

Sir J-Werk
04-28-08, 7:57 am
Hams and Calves - 4/27/08

1-Legged Press:
2plx15
3plx10
2pl+35x10
2pl+35x10
3plx10
3plx10
2pl+25x12
2plx20
alternated with....
BB Lunges:
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
115x8x8
Donkey Calf Raises:
165x20
165x20
180x20
180x20
195x20
210x20
225x20
180x25
alternated with....
Lying Leg Curls:
130x15
130x15
140x15
140x15
150x15
160x15
180x12
140x15 - I had nothing left. :(

Good workout.... Felt like it took a long time to get going though.... Felt really weak on the 1-legged presses.... Eventually got it going.... Lunges were fun.... Calf raises and lying leg curls for the home stretch.... Ran out of gas on the last set of leg curls.... Kinda bummed about that. :( But it was all made worth while when my girl and I met up with Hola and his fiance' at his karaoke finals.... Good times. Chest tonight.

Themostocles
04-28-08, 8:24 am
"Lunges were fun..."? You sick, sick bastard. What has Hola done to you, lol. -T.

Themostocles
04-28-08, 8:26 am
Wow.... lol.... Don't you have homework? ;)

Maharg is the master of multitasking: homework and sarcasm as easy as breathing. -T.

Maharg
04-28-08, 9:34 am
Homework? I have never done a homework assignment my high school career, and still pass with ease. The most important factor i have found is to make good friends with the teacher, and if that doesnt work, scare the hell out of them. My fierce sarcasm and quick wit beats them into a mental submission to the point they are willing to let me have my way instead of bringing up facts about their childhood they have spent years repressing.

Sir J-Werk
04-28-08, 10:40 am
"Lunges were fun..."? You sick, sick bastard. What has Hola done to you, lol. -T.

Lol.... Nothing that I wouldn't already do to myself.... okay, and maybe then some. :)

Homework? I have never done a homework assignment my high school career, and still pass with ease. The most important factor i have found is to make good friends with the teacher....

I believe Sting wrote a song about this.... What were the lyrics? .... "Don't stand so close to me." lol.... You slut.

EDIT!!! .... Back, Traps, and Read Delts tonight, not Chest....

Maharg
04-28-08, 10:54 am
Man, i am sitting in class eating tons of food playing games and surfing the internet. I also conviced the teacher next year to take us on a field trip to the mall to view different types of adversiting. Think i could manage this if i have a charming personality?

Themostocles
04-28-08, 12:13 pm
Man, i am sitting in class eating tons of food playing games and surfing the internet. I also conviced the teacher next year to take us on a field trip to the mall to view different types of adversiting. Think i could manage this if i have a charming personality?

You know who else is charming? Sociopaths. Not like its a bad thing... -T.

Hola Bola
04-28-08, 2:28 pm
EDIT!!! .... Back, Traps, and Read Delts tonight, not Chest....

Don't think I didn't notice that!

Here you go man... lots of fun flash games here... http://www.kongregate.com/games

Sir J-Werk
04-29-08, 3:09 am
You know who else is charming? Sociopaths. Not like its a bad thing... -T.

Please reference American Psycho 2000 for notes and begin listening to Phil Collins immediately....

Don't think I didn't notice that!

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking!? lol....

Sir J-Werk
04-29-08, 3:11 am
Back, Traps, and Rear Delts - 4/28/08

Animal M-Stak#1

T-Bars:(using quarters)
75x20
100x15
125x15
150x12
175x10
185x8
150x12
125x15
100x20
HS 1-Arm Row:
2plx15
2pl+25x12
2pl+35x12
3plx10
3pl+25x8
2pl+35x12
2pl+25x15
2plx20
DB Shrugs:
80x15
85x15
90x15
95x15
100x12
100x12 -drop- 90x15 -drop- 80x20
Bent Over DB Raises:
20x20
25x15
30x15
35x12
30x15
alternated with....
Seated Row:
120x15
135x15
150x15
165x10 - grip failed
135x15 - grip failed again!

Great night! T-Bars felt awesome.... I liked them a lot with the 25's for the ROM and squeeze.... HS Rows lit my lats up! The drop set on DB Shrugs was just flippin' ridiculous especially since I don't use straps.... Nothing left in the tank after the Bent Over Rear Delt Raises and Seated Rows.... Would have liked to have repped out a little more on the last two sets but I was damn near hanging on with my fingernails by that point! That was a first.... Chest tomorrow.

Malloy1344
04-29-08, 9:06 am
Back, Traps, and Rear Delts - 4/28/08

Animal M-Stak#1

T-Bars:(using quarters)
75x20
100x15
125x15
150x12
175x10
185x8
150x12
125x15
100x20
HS 1-Arm Row:
2plx15
2pl+25x12
2pl+35x12
3plx10
3pl+25x8
2pl+35x12
2pl+25x15
2plx20
DB Shrugs:
80x15
85x15
90x15
95x15
100x12
100x12 -drop- 90x15 -drop- 80x20
Bent Over DB Raises:
20x20
25x15
30x15
35x12
30x15
alternated with....
Seated Row:
120x15
135x15
150x15
165x10 - grip failed
135x15 - grip failed again!

Great night! T-Bars felt awesome.... I liked them a lot with the 25's for the ROM and squeeze.... HS Rows lit my lats up! The drop set on DB Shrugs was just flippin' ridiculous especially since I don't use straps.... Nothing left in the tank after the Bent Over Rear Delt Raises and Seated Rows.... Would have liked to have repped out a little more on the last two sets but I was damn near hanging on with my fingernails by that point! That was a first.... Chest tomorrow.

Very good work bro!!! Those T-bars with 25's look intersting. I may have to try them out. You did a shit ton of sets bro, awesome job. New growth on the way.

Sir J-Werk
04-29-08, 1:57 pm
Very good work bro!!! Those T-bars with 25's look intersting. I may have to try them out. You did a shit ton of sets bro, awesome job. New growth on the way.

Thanks Jim.... Yeah, I read an article that Big Ant had put up on the Universal Nutrition website called, "Hey Buddy, got a quarter?" He talked about using 25's on thing like T-Bars, shoulder press, curl bar upright rows, etc.... I had stopped using the plates on them a while ago and was using the 35's but gave the quarter's a chance last night and liked it even more.... 33 sets in 110 minutes.... Meh, I can do better. ;)

monster99
04-29-08, 2:01 pm
Your workouts look gruesome! I love it.

Sir J-Werk
04-29-08, 2:08 pm
Your workouts look gruesome! I love it.

Thanks Bro. Just lookin' to improve every time out.

zanderfever
04-29-08, 10:18 pm
Thanks Jim.... Yeah, I read an article that Big Ant had put up on the Universal Nutrition website called, "Hey Buddy, got a quarter?" He talked about using 25's on thing like T-Bars, shoulder press, curl bar upright rows, etc.... I had stopped using the plates on them a while ago and was using the 35's but gave the quarter's a chance last night and liked it even more.... 33 sets in 110 minutes.... Meh, I can do better. ;)

Hey, would you and Hola Bola wanna move to NY so I can get on in this action? haha, i love massive amounts of sets

Sir J-Werk
04-30-08, 4:25 am
Hey, would you and Hola Bola wanna move to NY so I can get on in this action? haha, i love massive amounts of sets

I've never been to NY.... Who knows, I might like it.... lol....

I tell ya someone you should look up when she gets back in-state is Toni69.... She's originally from Brooklyn, NY.... Truth be told, that's who started my love affair with high volume.... She can/will give you some great input!

Sir J-Werk
04-30-08, 4:28 am
Chest and Abs - 4/29/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#2
Universal Real Gains
weight=230

Flat Bench:
115x15
135x12
155x12
175x8
185x6
200x3 - PR
165x10
150x12
135x15
Incline DB:
45x12
50x10
55x9
60x6
45x12
40x17 - failure
Dips:
BWx8
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10
alternated with....
Low Cable X-Overs:
20x15
30x12
30x12
20x20
Weighted Crunch Machine:
150x20 - stack
150x20
150x20
150x20
150x20
alternated with....
Pec-Deck:
120x30
120x30
120x30
120x30
120x30

Sweet w/o tonight! Finally broke the flippin' 200lb mark on the bench on my own.... My old lifting partner will swear that I pushed 205x1 6 or 7 months ago but I don't count it.... he followed me down and I know had his hand on the bar.... All good though.... This felt much sweeter! Db Inclines were decent.... I'd like to be pushing 70-75lbs by the end of next month.... Dips are getting better slowly but surely.... Although they felt really weird on my triceps tonight.... Still pushing for higher reps.... Wasn't very satisfied with the Cable X-Overs for the finisher so I through in the Pec-Decks with my Machine Crunches.... The pump in my chest after those was sick! Decided, "what the hell," and took a couple of pics when I got home.... I'll through in the pic from a year ago just for shits, grins, and comparisons.... Gotta work on them shoulders.... Quads and Calves tomorrow.

April 5, 2007
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24f0mc4&s=3
April 30, 2008
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mki1k5&s=3
April 30, 2008
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f9p4br&s=3

Themostocles
04-30-08, 4:41 am
Kick ass on the bench J. Keep it up. -T.

Sir J-Werk
04-30-08, 2:30 pm
Kick ass on the bench J. Keep it up. -T.

Thanks Seth.... Only took me a flippin' year to get it.... But I guess that isn't too bad considering a year ago I was [b]just starting[b] to push 135 for reps.

Themostocles
04-30-08, 7:00 pm
Thanks Seth.... Only took me a flippin' year to get it.... But I guess that isn't too bad considering a year ago I was [b]just starting[b] to push 135 for reps.

Lol, trust me I know the feeling. I wanna be like Sir-J when I grow up. -T.

zanderfever
04-30-08, 8:07 pm
I've never been to NY.... Who knows, I might like it.... lol....

I tell ya someone you should look up when she gets back in-state is Toni69.... She's originally from Brooklyn, NY.... Truth be told, that's who started my love affair with high volume.... She can/will give you some great input!

Alright, I can do that. I remember seeing journey of hers here? I'm not quite sure, i'm going to go check for that.

zanderfever
04-30-08, 8:10 pm
Sweet w/o tonight! Finally broke the flippin' 200lb mark on the bench on my own.... My old lifting partner will swear that I pushed 205x1 6 or 7 months ago but I don't count it.... he followed me down and I know had his hand on the bar.... All good though.... This felt much sweeter! Db Inclines were decent.... I'd like to be pushing 70-75lbs by the end of next month.... Dips are getting better slowly but surely.... Although they felt really weird on my triceps tonight.... Still pushing for higher reps.... Wasn't very satisfied with the Cable X-Overs for the finisher so I through in the Pec-Decks with my Machine Crunches.... The pump in my chest after those was sick! Decided, "what the hell," and took a couple of pics when I got home.... I'll through in the pic from a year ago just for shits, grins, and comparisons.... Gotta work on them shoulders.... Quads and Calves tomorrow.
[/url]

Not to be annoying anything, but you mixed up "through" and "threw"

Maharg
04-30-08, 8:37 pm

FREEZE, THIS IS THE GRAMMER POLICE

Themostocles
04-30-08, 8:43 pm

Thank God its not the fashion police, then I would be in trouble. -T.

zanderfever
04-30-08, 9:09 pm

Haha! I'm sorry guys, but that and the phrase "I could care less" just bother me.

Sir J-Werk
04-30-08, 10:22 pm
Alright, I can do that. I remember seeing journey of hers here? I'm not quite sure, i'm going to go check for that.

Should be easy to find.... One of the more popular threads in the journey section.

Eye dunno wut yore talkien ah bout.... it wahz 3:30 in the mourning four peet's sayk wen eye rote thaht!

You could use some help.... I'm just sayin'.

zanderfever
04-30-08, 10:41 pm
Should be easy to find.... One of the more popular threads in the journey section.

Eye dunno wut yore talkien ah bout.... it wahz 3:30 in the mourning four peet's sayk wen eye rote thaht!

You could use some help.... I'm just sayin'.

Yeah, I found it. Thanks for the tip. Yu mayk uh verry gud poynt.

What bodybuilder doenst need the fashion police? We all need to find clothes that fit and that doesnt happen often enough...

Themostocles
04-30-08, 11:23 pm
I am color blind, have no team of gay stylists, or a girlfriend. How is a brother suppose to dress himself. But atleast I am no jive turkey. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-01-08, 3:37 am
I am color blind, have no team of gay stylists, or a girlfriend. How is a brother suppose to dress himself. But atleast I am no jive turkey. -T.

But you are red on the head like dick on the dog.... Yes, your hair is red.

Sir J-Werk
05-01-08, 3:38 am
Quads and Calves - 4/30/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#3
Universal Real Gains
weight=231

Squats:
115x12
135x12
155x12
175x10
195x10
215x6
225x4 - 2-more than last week. PR!
155x12
155x12
155x12
Leg Ext:
100x15
120x12
130x12
140x12
150x10
130x12
120x15
110x15
Adductor:
140x20 - stack
Stack+10x20
Stack+20x20
Stack+40x20
Stack+40x20
super set with....
Standing Calf Raise:
195x30
225x30
255x30
285x30
300x30
Abductor:
100x20
110x20
120x20
140x20 - stack
140x20
super set with....
Seated Calf Raise:
145x20
145x20
145x20
145x20
145x20

Sweet w/o tonight.... Kept it fairly simple but intense.... It's nice to know that last week wasn't a fluke with squats.... adding two more reps to 225 is all the proof I need there.... Leg extensions had my quads ready to explode! It was nice revisiting the Adductor and Abductor machines.... Two of the most under-appreciated pieces of equipment in the gym.... But two of the most important exercises for legs.... Lats and Biceps tomorrow.

Themostocles
05-01-08, 3:39 am
But you are red on the head like dick on the dog.... Yes, your hair is red.

Lol, my goatee is red, the hair on my head is blonde. I am a freak. -T.

Themostocles
05-01-08, 3:41 am
God damn J, you giving Hola a run for the money on squats? -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-01-08, 4:23 am
Lol, my goatee is red, the hair on my head is blonde. I am a freak. -T.

Apparently the roots run deeper.... lol

God damn J, you giving Hola a run for the money on squats? -T.

I have a hell of a long way to go before I start issuing Blake any challenges.... I've definitely stepped up my game a lot in the last couple of months.... And it has been for the better.... I've said this before but the ABC's serve up a tremendous amount of motivation.... The weekends that I have been down in KC and have met up with him and Evan have been just as fruitful.... I will always give 110% in return to those that are willing to help me improve.... And 150% when they aren't looking. ;)

Sir J-Werk
05-02-08, 3:17 am
Lats and Biceps - 5/1/08

Animal M-Stak - Day #4
Universal Real Gains
weight=232

BW Chins:
5 - geeze :(
Close Grip BORs:
115x20
135x15
155x12
175x12
185x12
205x10
alternated with....
BB Curls:
50x20
60x15
80x12
80x12
90x12
100x10
Lat Pull Downs:
135x12
150x12
165x12
180x10
(switched to rev. grip)
150x15
150x15
150x15
alternated with....
Machine Preacher Curls:
150x12 - stack
stack+25x12
stack+35x12
stack+45x12
stackx15
stackx15
stackx15
Straight Arm Pull Downs:
50x20
60x12
60x12
60x12
60x12
alternated with....
Cable Curls:
50x12
60x12
60x12
60x12
60x12

Frustrating night.... just didn't feel with it.... couldn't get anything going on lats until I switched to rev. grip pull downs.... usually get a good pump from the BOR's but no dice tonight. :( Bicep work was rather lack-luster as well.... Guess this is just a good indication that it's time for a couple of days off....

Hola Bola
05-02-08, 10:40 am
Strong lifting in here bro... nice PRs on squats and bench!

Frustrating night.... just didn't feel with it.... couldn't get anything going on lats until I switched to rev. grip pull downs.... usually get a good pump from the BOR's but no dice tonight. :( Bicep work was rather lack-luster as well.... Guess this is just a good indication that it's time for a couple of days off....

Reverse grip pulldowns... is that overhand or underhand?

What is a BOR?

When's the last time you took a day off? It's been over a week right? For this routine I recommend taking an off day after every 3 workouts like this...

Shoulders/triceps
Hams/Calves
Back/Traps
Off
Chest/Abs
Quads/Calves
Lats/Biceps
Off

Malloy1344
05-02-08, 10:43 am
Lats and Biceps - 5/1/08

Animal M-Stak - Day #4
Universal Real Gains
weight=232

BW Chins:
5 - geeze :(
Close Grip BORs:
115x20
135x15
155x12
175x12
185x12
205x10
alternated with....
BB Curls:
50x20
60x15
80x12
80x12
90x12
100x10
Lat Pull Downs:
135x12
150x12
165x12
180x10
(switched to rev. grip)
150x15
150x15
150x15
alternated with....
Machine Preacher Curls:
150x12 - stack
stack+25x12
stack+35x12
stack+45x12
stackx15
stackx15
stackx15
Straight Arm Pull Downs:
50x20
60x12
60x12
60x12
60x12
alternated with....
Cable Curls:
50x12
60x12
60x12
60x12
60x12

Rest up bro. Take a day or two off. I had one of those session the other night too. You got the work done. Which is the most important part. Great session none the less.

Themostocles
05-02-08, 2:00 pm
A BOR is a bent over row, but Im not sure how a closegrip one would work. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-02-08, 5:18 pm
Rest up bro. Take a day or two off. I had one of those session the other night too. You got the work done. Which is the most important part. Great session none the less.

Thanks Brother.... Yeah I'm thinking a couple of days are in order to just kick back and bum out.... I've had one off day in the last twelve.... I think I have a pretty good idea where I need them to fall so I can have good, productive sessions....

A BOR is a bent over row, but Im not sure how a closegrip one would work. -T.

It's basically the same grip you would take for a CGBP.... When I do regular BORs my hands are an inch or two inside the rings and when I do Wide Grip Bor's my index/middle finger is on the ring.... Rev. Grip is about shoulder width.... They all hit my back/lats differently.... I think my problem last night is that I need to start using heavier weight sooner.... I got more of a stretch/pump in my lats on the 205 set then I did any of the others....

Themostocles
05-02-08, 7:04 pm
I would hust think the cg bors would cut down your range of motion. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-02-08, 7:49 pm
I would hust think the cg bors would cut down your range of motion. -T.

No change in range of motion at all....

zanderfever
05-03-08, 7:10 pm
T-Bar rows are my personal favorite. When was the last time you threw a couple of those in?

Malloy1344
05-03-08, 7:50 pm
I expect to see no less than 12 reps and no fewer than 40 sets per body part!!!! HAHAHA.....

10,12,15,20 failure, LOL

Sir J-Werk
05-05-08, 4:14 am
Shoulders and Triceps - 5/4/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#7
Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=230

BTN Press:
65x20
85x15
95x12
115x9
120x6
100x11
85x14
75x15
CGBP:
135x12
150x7
150x8
160x6
135x12
125x15
115xfailure
Seated DB Press:
35x10
35x12
40x8
40x9
30x14
30x14
Overhead Cable Ext:
60x20
70x15
80x12
90x10
100x10
Side DB Raise:
20x15
25x12
25x12
20x15
15x20
alternated with....
Press Downs:
60x15
70x12
80x10
60x15
50x20

Was really hoping for a better night after taking a couple of days off.... Felt like I was all over the place with the weights.... I liked the plan I had in my head for tonight but I could have/should have executed it better.... Live and learn.... Despite the hap-hazardness I did end up with a good pump in my shoulders and triceps.... So I'm not to worried.... I'll hit my groove pretty quick.... Hams and Calves tomorrow.

Nightshift
05-05-08, 4:19 am
Good stuff brother!! Keep pushin. Sometimes the best workouts are the hap hazard ones. LOL

Themostocles
05-05-08, 4:43 am
Damn you are a machine with that kind of volume. We are all scientists here, some time the experiment works, some times they don't. But look at you, you can tell most of yours work. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-05-08, 1:54 pm
T-Bar rows are my personal favorite. When was the last time you threw a couple of those in?

My last Back/Traps/Rear Delt w/o which was 4/28.... I'll probably be switching those around with the BOR since 9/10 times I feel the T-Bars hitting my lats and the BORs hitting my lats and my upper/middle back....

I expect to see no less than 12 reps and no fewer than 40 sets per body part!!!! HAHAHA.....

10,12,15,20 failure, LOL

Is this a challenge?????? LOL....

Good stuff brother!! Keep pushin. Sometimes the best workouts are the hap hazard ones. LOL

Damn you are a machine with that kind of volume. We are all scientists here, some time the experiment works, some times they don't. But look at you, you can tell most of yours work. -T.

Thanks Fellas....

Sir J-Werk
05-06-08, 4:04 am
Hams and Calves - 5/5/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#8
Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=230

48 sets in 90min.

Standing BB Lunges:
115x8x8
115x8x8
120x8x8
120x8x8
120x8x8
120x8x8
(switch to walking db lunges) - needed a stretch out.
30x8x8
30x8x8
alternated with....
Lying Leg Curls:
80x20
95x20
110x15
110x15
125x12 - stack
110x15
95x20
80x25
alternated with....
Hypers:
BWx15
BWx15
BWx15
+25x15
+35x15
+35x15
+35x15
+35x15

SLDL's:
135x15
150x15
175x15
195x12
205x10
135x20
alternated with....
Standing Calf Raises:
300x30 - stack
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
alternated with....
Standing 1-Legged Curls:
60x20x20
70x20x20
80x20x20
90x20x20
100x20x20
70x30x30
alternated with....
Seated Calf Raises:
145x20
145x20
145x20
145x20
145x20
145x25

Insane tonight! The standing BB Lunges were a bit of a challenge since there isn't a whole hell of a lot of room to do them.... Legs started getting a little too shakey for my liking so I switched over to DB Walking Lunges and got a great stretch.... Finally got some good reps on the Lying Leg Curl machine.... That thing is strange and I can't figure out why 125lbs feels so flippin' heavy compared to the lying leg machine at Gold's.... Hypers finished up the first circuit and by the time I was done with those I was pretty blasted.... The last circuit of SLDL's, Standing Calf Raises, Standing 1-Legged Curls, and Seated Calf Raises was flippin' ridiculous but FTW! On a side note; I'm still getting use to the different form Hola and kcJon showed us on the SLDL's at the last ABC session.... But they did feel strong so it's time for those numbers to be moving up.... Back, Traps, and Rear Delts tomorrow.

Sir J-Werk
05-07-08, 4:17 am
Back, Traps, and Rear Delts - 5/6/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#9
Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=232

32 sets in 120min.

Deadlift:
135x10
185x10
205x10
225x5
275x2 - Flippin' bent bar!
295x1
315x1
225x5
225x5
225x5
BOR's:
135x12
185x12
205x12
215x10
225x10 - Hell Yeah! PR!
185x20
BB Shrugs:
135x20
185x20
205x20
225x20
275x15
Bent Over 1-Arm DB Raise:
15x15x15
20x15x15
25x15x15
30x12x12
alternated with....
HS 1-Arm Row:
2plx15x15
2+35x12x12
3plx12x12
3plx12x12
Seated Cable Row:
150x15
150x15
150x15

Good workout tonight.... My back is wasted.... I'm not going to compain about the Deads too much since I haven't done any kind of pulling since 4/9.... Plus I worked the shit out of my Hams lastnight.... But what did piss me off was the bar was bent enough that it turned in my hand and screwed my groove up.... I'll be working in rack pulls in the next couple of weeks.... Very, very happy with the 225x10 BOR's! Shrugs felt good and the Bent Over 1-Arm DB Raise/ HS 1-Arm Rows snuck up on me.... Although I need to go heavier on the 1-Arm DB's.... Seated Cable Rows were thrown in just to stretch everything out.... Chest tomorrow depending on how sore I feel.... It was a hell of a night tonight.

Themostocles
05-07-08, 4:21 am
Grats on the pr J, looks like that bulk is workin for you. -T.

zanderfever
05-07-08, 7:08 am
Nice PR

Malloy1344
05-07-08, 10:45 am
Damn bro!! took my volume comment to heart! you destroyed it!! Great workouts man. I bet your body feels awesome.

Sir J-Werk
05-07-08, 2:10 pm
Grats on the pr J, looks like that bulk is workin for you. -T.

Nice PR

Thanks guys.

Damn bro!! took my volume comment to heart! you destroyed it!! Great workouts man. I bet your body feels awesome.

It's pretty trashed right now. lol.... 9 hours to go before I hit it again!

Maharg
05-07-08, 6:10 pm
Hell of a bent over row for a tall, lanky, emo, man crushing, make up wearing,,, I'm sorry i forgot where i was goin with this.

Nice work.

Sir J-Werk
05-07-08, 6:48 pm
Hell of a bent over row for a tall, lanky, emo, man crushing, make up wearing,,, I'm sorry i forgot where i was goin with this.

Nice work.

I think you have me confused with spaceclown.

Maharg
05-07-08, 6:51 pm
I think you have me confused with spaceclown.

ohh, damn, my bad, wrong log.

Themostocles
05-07-08, 7:48 pm
And don't forget waitress harrassing...

Sir J-Werk
05-07-08, 8:14 pm
I've had a few surreal moments in The Gym since I've started lifting there.... Mostly they've occured inbetween sets; my thoughts of what I was about to do or had already done.... Where things just made crystal clear sense.

I've had the cliche' moments too.... "First one in, last one out." "Squat til' you puke." (close at least.) "Light Weight Babay!" "200-pounds is still 200-pounds." .... That sort of things.... The things you read about from others.... The things that when you find yourself in almost a deja vu state because you're doing it to.... So expect the expected.

.... You know I haven't written about my personal demons in a while.... The whole premise of what this journey was based upon.... Mainly I guess it's because some things are a bit too personal to air on a public forum but nevertheless I have been looking for that something to help me cope with them.... And I'll be damned if it wasn't something from my past that did it.

Metallica's "Black Album." I was eleven going on twelve when that album hit.... The first time I heard it I was at a friends house and I remember it was the coolest fucking thing I had ever heard.... It was that strange moment in time, in my life that I started dabbling with "who am I." I was a little too old for, "Gee Jason, what do you want to be when you grow up?" And a little too far removed from, "Gee Jason, any thoughts about college?" It was just that weird fuckin' age where all I knew was I liked what I liked and I didn't what I didn't.... I didn't have clue why.... But that album was a cataylst for my interest in music, in art, in expression, in fucking up.... Who knew?

"Nothing Else Matters." That was the song that started playing across the speakers last night.... I had finished.... I was tired, sore, covered in sweat, and feeling rather numb in general from my workout.... And the lyrics finally made sense to the 27 year old....

Nothing else matters.... except what I do right now.

Themostocles
05-07-08, 8:54 pm
That is dedication, whether its lifting, familiy, work, or your gf. When nothing else matters but what is at hand. Kick ass post J. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-08-08, 3:03 am
And don't forget waitress harrassing...

Um, excuse me.... She was the one checkin' ME out buddy!

That is dedication, whether its lifting, familiy, work, or your gf. When nothing else matters but what is at hand. Kick ass post J. -T.

Thanks Brother.

Sir J-Werk
05-08-08, 3:03 am
Chest and Abs - 5/7/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#10
Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=235

33 sets in 90min.

BB Incline:
115x15
125x12
135x10
145x10
155x8
165x6
175x4 - PR
185x3 - PR
135x12
135x11
BB Decline:
115x12
135x10
135x10
145x8
115x12
Cable X-Over (High Pulley) :
20x20
30x15
40x10
40x9
30x15
30x15
Pec-Deck:
120x20
130x15
140x20 - partials
150x20
120x30
alternated with....
Decline Sit-ups:
Machine Crunches:
150x50x2 - stack

Good light intensity workout tonight.... Hell, I still hit some PR's.... Everything felt really good and smooth.... Good stretch and contraction on all lifts.... Even the declines which I haven't done for several, several months.... I have to say that I am pleased with the gains I have been making lately and hope they continue.... Quads and Calves tomorrow.

zanderfever
05-08-08, 4:35 pm
Quality post. Simple, yet spoken in the language of truth. I only know the Master Of Puppets album, but i'm going to listen to the Black album now

Sir J-Werk
05-12-08, 2:49 am
Quads and Calves - 5/11/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#14
Universal Real Rains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
weight=234

Squats:
135x12
155x12
155x12
Leg Press:
3pl+35x12
4plx12
4pl+25x12
4pl+35x12
5plx12 - PR
5pl+25x10 - PR
4plx20
3plx25
Hacks: - Legs together to parallel
35'sx10
1plx10
1pl+25x10
1pl+25x10
1plx10
alternated with....
Adductor:
stack+40x20
stack+40x20
stack+40x20
stack+40x20
stack+40x20
alternated with....
Seated Calf Raise: - Heals out
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
Leg Ext:
150x15
150x15
130xfailure(17)
120xfailure(19)
110xfailure(21)
alternated with....
Abductor:
Stackx20
Stackx20
Stackx20
Stackx20
Stackx20
alternated with....
Standing Calf Raise: - heals in
300x30 - stack
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30

Back after an unplanned 3-days off.... Had been fighting some unexplained fatigue and headaches.... felt good tonight and was pleased with what I got done.... Finally moving up on leg presses.... Hacks are coming along.... still not pleased with them but time will improve that.... I'd like to be going a little deeper on them though.... Everything else burned as expected so I can't complain about that.... Lats and Biceps tomorrow.

Themostocles
05-12-08, 3:26 am
Everything better then? Good progress. -T.

Maharg
05-12-08, 9:17 am
this the hack squat from hell?

Sir J-Werk
05-12-08, 1:53 pm
Everything better then? Good progress. -T.

Yep, good to go.... Not sure what the deal was but it sucked....

this the hack squat from hell?

Yeah.... That thing is, I don't know.... I'm almost considering doing what I did with squats when I first started learning ATG.... Drop the weight all the way back and start over because I don't know if my legs are that weak on the thing or if it is just that difficult to do.

Maharg
05-12-08, 1:59 pm
It might be the machine. We used to have this old hack squat machine that when you got into the bottom position, the machine would catch, adding about another 50lbs to the weight. Next chance you get, find another hack machine at a different gym and give it a go.

Sir J-Werk
05-12-08, 5:18 pm
It might be the machine. We used to have this old hack squat machine that when you got into the bottom position, the machine would catch, adding about another 50lbs to the weight. Next chance you get, find another hack machine at a different gym and give it a go.

I'll definitely have to do that cause I hate NOT doing them but at the same time don't like feel as if I'm half-assing them on the one that we have.... Oh well, still doing what I can.

Sir J-Werk
05-13-08, 3:11 am
Lats and Biceps - 5-12-08

Animal M-Stak - Day#15
Universal Real Rains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
weight=234

CG Pulldown:
120x15
135x15
150x12
165x10
180x8
195x6 - PR
150x15
150x15
EZ Bar Curls:
60x15
70x15
80x12
90x10
100x8
100x8
BB Pullover: - 35lb bar
60x10
60x12
70x10
70x10
75x10
80x10
DB Preachers:
25x12x12
25x12x12
30x10x10
30x10x10
20x15x15
Iron Cross:
130x20
140x20 - stack
S+25x20
S+35x20
S+35x15
S+35x15
alternated with....
Cable Curls:
40x15
50x12
50x12
50x10
50x12
50x12

Good workout tonight.... Tried some new things.... Pull downs and EZ curls were a good start and got the blood going.... BB pullovers were new.... took me a couple of sets to get my form but they turned out to be effective.... Couldn't really find a groove on the DB preachers but still produced a good pump.... Iron Cross was new as well.... As usual my flippin' arms are too long for the thing.... I tried to manipulate myself so I could get a good stretch and contraction but didn't have a whole lot of success.... Scrap that.... Got my ass handed to me on the cable curls though! Owned by 50lbs! Shoulders and Triceps tomorrow.

Themostocles
05-13-08, 3:36 am
What kind of bar did you use on the pullovers, I have a hard time doing them with the dumbbells. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-13-08, 1:42 pm
What kind of bar did you use on the pullovers, I have a hard time doing them with the dumbbells. -T.

I used the straight curling bar lastnight.... You can use the EZ bar if the straight bar hurts your wrists.

Sir J-Werk
05-14-08, 5:53 pm
Shoulders and Triceps – 5/13/08

Animal M-Stak – day#16
Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
Weight=235

Rope Press Down:
40x20
50x15
60x12
80x8
90x9 – PR
100x1 – PR (owned)
70x12
60x15
50x20
Seated DB Press:
35x12
45x10
50x10
55x6
60x4 – PR
40x15
Lying EZ-Bar Ext:
65x10
65x10
65x10
65x10
65x10 -WTF??
DB Side Laterals:
20x15
25x15
30x12
35x10 – FINALLY NO WRIST PAIN!!!
25x15
25x15
Angle-Bar Push Downs:
60x15
70x12
80x10
60x15
60x15
WG BB Upright Row:
65x12
70x15
70x15
70x12
70x12

Best Shoulder and Tricep workout I have had so far! The strange thing about it is that my triceps have been feeling sore for some reason lately and although I got a great pump from everything I was disappointed I wasn’t pushing more weight…. Who knows…. 60’s on the DB Presses went up easy…. It was just a bit of a bitch getting them into place on my own but I was pleased that I got good reps out of them…. I, of course, laughed at the 100x1 …. But it was worth the effort…. But what made my night were the Side DB Laterals…. No pain in my wrists at all…. I did use wrist straps and that seemed to do the trick…. Angle-Bar push downs and WG BB Upright Rows left everything with a sick pump! Hams and Calves tonight.

Maharg
05-14-08, 6:16 pm
How in the ever loving hell do you turn text red? Nice workout, soon, E-Bola will be takin tips from you.

Sir J-Werk
05-14-08, 6:19 pm
How in the ever loving hell do you turn text red? Nice workout, soon, E-Bola will be takin tips from you.

Thanks Bro.... Just simple noob html code.... if you quote the post you can see what you have to put in.... I just do it to highlight the good stuff.... I don't get too carried away with it though....

Maharg
05-14-08, 6:25 pm
Thanks Bro.... Just simple noob html code.... if you quote the post you can see what you have to put in.... I just do it to highlight the good stuff.... I don't get too carried away with it though....

Well, i am noob then. I never learned to READ html *sobs uncontrollably*

Now for something completely different....

You looking forward to the lake of the ozark abc? and since you are one of the closest to the man in the know, do we show up friday night? Or show up Saturday?

Sir J-Werk
05-14-08, 6:36 pm
You looking forward to the lake of the ozark abc? and since you are one of the closest to the man in the know, do we show up friday night? Or show up Saturday?

Hell yeah! It's going to be a great time for everyone that can attend.... The last I knew there was talk that we would go down friday.... but that wasn't set in stone. Hola will fill in the gaps once he's back from his honeymoon.

Maharg
05-14-08, 10:01 pm
Hola will fill in the gaps once he's back from his honeymoon.

I am sure he is filling in some gaps on his honeymoon, oh chicka bow wow!

Sir J-Werk
05-15-08, 3:30 am
Hams and Calves - 5/14/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#17
Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
weight=235

TRIPLE SET
SLDL's:
135x12
155x12
175x12
195x12
205x10
215x10
185x15
135x20
Walking DB Lunges:
30'sx10x10
30'sx10x10
30'sx10x10
30'sx10x10
30'sx10x10
30'sx10x10
30'sx10x10
BWx10x10 - Needed the stretch
Low Cable Pull-Throughs:
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
50x10
GIANT SET
Lying Leg Curls:
80x15
95x15
95x15
80x20
80xfailure(15)
Seated Calf Raises:
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
Weighted Hypers:
+45x10
+45x10
+45x10
+45x10
+45x10
Standing Calf Raises:
300x30 - stack
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30

Fun little workout tonight.... Gonna shoot for 225 for reps next time out.... Meh, probably more.... The walking lunges are just flippin' brutal.... Thank the good Lord for straps.... I've never done pull-throughs before and it took me a couple of sets to get them down just right.... Pretty sweet little lift.... Although the other guys that were lifting tonight gave me some weird looks, lol.... Circuit of Leg Curls, Seated Calf Raises, Weighted Hypers, and Standing Calf Raises FTW.... I was all but waist by the end.... Good times.... Back, Traps, and Rear Delts tomorrow.

Themostocles
05-15-08, 3:41 am
I love pullthru's, even though it feels like I am going to give myself a wedgie with the cable; maybe because of it... I always get funny looks when I am doing them. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-15-08, 3:48 am
I love pullthru's, even though it feels like I am going to give myself a wedgie with the cable; maybe because of it... I always get funny looks when I am doing them. -T.

Yeah.... That wasn't the best of feelings.... Oh well, what can you do?

Sir J-Werk
05-16-08, 8:32 pm
Back, Traps, and Rear Delts - 5/15/08

Animal M-Stak - Day#18
Universal Real Gain
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
weight=236

Jailhouse T-Bars w/ 35lb plates:
1plx20
2plx20
2pl+25x20
3plx15
3pl+25x12
4plx12
BOR's:
135x20
185x15
205x12
225x12
225x12
135x30
BB Shrugs:
185x20
185x20
185x20
185x20
185x20
185x20
SUPER SET
Bent Over DB Raises:
20x15
25x15
30x15
30x15
30x15
Seated Rows:
135x12
150x12
165x12
180x10
180x10

Good workout last night.... Went in and got after it.... very little rest inbetween sets and simply focused on getting a good stretch and contraction in the mucles.... Definitely a feel good night.... Off night tonight.

Maharg
05-16-08, 11:23 pm
Nice stuff man, gotta put the work in to fill out your big ass lanky frame.

Sir J-Werk
05-19-08, 4:30 pm
Nice stuff man, gotta put the work in to fill out your big ass lanky frame.

lol, thanks.

Looks like I'm going to be getting some rest the next three-or-so days.... Tried to meet up with E-dogg sunday but had to cancel at the last minute because I voluteered my irrigation knowledge to my girlfriend who just had sod laid down at her house.... And the end result was the most kick ass system involving hoses, spickets, sprinkler heads, and Y-valves.... It also resulted in me getting severly sunburnt.... Fuck....

Themostocles
05-20-08, 7:18 am
Take care of that sunburn, don't want your skin cancer flaking off on me Sunday. Kickass job on the irrigation system. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-22-08, 6:58 pm
Chest - 5/21/08

Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=232

Flat BB Press:
115x15
135x12
160x10
185x6
205x1 - PR
155x10
155x10
155x9
Decline BB Press:
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10
Incline DB Press:
45x10
50x8
50xfailure(8)
50xfailure(6)
40xfailure(7)
Cable X-Overs (High Pulley):
(standing slightly bent over)
30x12
30x12
30x12
(standing straight)
20x18
20x19
20x21

I finally got tired of sitting at home nursing this sunburn and decided to see what I could and couldn't do.... By normal standards I would chalk lastnight up to an average w/o but the fact of the matter is those benches and burnt back do not go togther so well and it was flippin' painful! So I kept it as simple as I could and tried to keep things productive.... Quads and calves tonight.

Themostocles
05-23-08, 12:04 am
Nice PR on the bench, hope the burn is feeling better J. -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-23-08, 2:26 am
Nice PR on the bench, hope the burn is feeling better J. -T.

Thanks T.... It is feeling better but it hates me right now.... lol.... "stay tuned."

Themostocles
05-23-08, 2:28 am
Thanks T.... It is feeling better but it hates me right now.... lol.... "stay tuned."

OMG... Sir J is U-Rep...lol -T.

Sir J-Werk
05-23-08, 3:10 am
Quads and Calves - 5/22/08

Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
weight=233

Zercher Squats: (warm ups)
95x10
115x8
135x8
135x8
Squats:
ATG...
135x12
165x10
205x8
Box...
225x10 - PR
245x8 - PR
275x6 - PR
295x6 - PR
315x4 - PR
ATG...
205x5(failure) - Got stuck at the bottom.... Boxes took more out of me than I thought.
135x15 - heels together
SUPER SET
Leg Ext:
120x12
120x12
120x12
120x12
130x12
140x12
150x12
120xfailure(17)
Standing Calf Raise:
300x30 - stack
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
Seated Calf Raise:
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20

Lol, what a night.... To start things off somehow a random drunk guy had made his way into the gym tonight some time before I got there (I blame the guys that were there working out when I got there.) and decided he wanted to work in with me on the Zerchers.... Well he made his way, somehow by the grace of God, thru the first three sets and then decided that he was just going to watch.... I had just offically inherited a cheering section, lol.... He made sure I didn't lose track of what rep I was on because the guy counted out every single one for me.... He even made sure that didn't start my next set too soon and made sure that I "walk it out plenty." Finally after cheering me on thru 275 on the box squats he decided it was time to head home.... But he left me with these parting words as he patted me on the back, "This mutha fucka right here boy, man adjwbalsdu heh heh ahsudya WOO! Boy lkjtigg...." Appartently he was so moved that words seemed to escape him.... And stumbling off into the night he went. LOL! ....

By this time it was after midnight which offically ment that it was May 23, and I am now 28 years old.... Ironically leg day just happen to fall on my birthday last year.... So I figured 315 on the box would be a good present and shortly after 12:30am I repped out 315x4 and was happy.... So tonight was a success in my book. I think I have found a good lift to replace the hack machine in the Zercher squats.... Got to feel what it is like under some heavy weight and now I'm downing my last meal of the day.... Happy Birthday to me! :) Shoulders and Triceps up next.

Maharg
05-23-08, 10:17 am
Quads and Calves - 5/22/08

Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
weight=233

Zercher Squats: (warm ups)
95x10
115x8
135x8
135x8
Squats:
ATG...
135x12
165x10
205x8
Box...
225x10 - PR
245x8 - PR
275x6 - PR
295x6 - PR
315x4 - PR
ATG...
205x5(failure) - Got stuck at the bottom.... Boxes took more out of me than I thought.
135x15 - heels together
SUPER SET
Leg Ext:
120x12
120x12
120x12
120x12
130x12
140x12
150x12
120xfailure(17)
Standing Calf Raise:
300x30 - stack
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
Seated Calf Raise:
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20

Lol, what a night.... To start things off somehow a random drunk guy had made his way into the gym tonight some time before I got there (I blame the guys that were there working out when I got there.) and decided he wanted to work in with me on the Zerchers.... Well he made his way, somehow by the grace of God, thru the first three sets and then decided that he was just going to watch.... I had just offically inherited a cheering section, lol.... He made sure I didn't lose track of what rep I was on because the guy counted out every single one for me.... He even made sure that didn't start my next set too soon and made sure that I "walk it out plenty." Finally after cheering me on thru 275 on the box squats he decided it was time to head home.... But he left me with these parting words as he patted me on the back, "This mutha fucka right here boy, man adjwbalsdu heh heh ahsudya WOO! Boy lkjtigg...." Appartently he was so moved that words seemed to escape him.... And stumbling off into the night he went. LOL! ....

By this time it was after midnight which offically ment that it was May 23, and I am now 28 years old.... Ironically leg day just happen to fall on my birthday last year.... So I figured 315 on the box would be a good present and shortly after 12:30am I repped out 315x4 and was happy.... So tonight was a success in my book. I think I have found a good lift to replace the hack machine in the Zercher squats.... Got to feel what it is like under some heavy weight and now I'm downing my last meal of the day.... Happy Birthday to me! :) Shoulders and Triceps up next.

Nice work on the Bow squats bro, do you feel them burn your quads as well as normal squats? I am curious because i am considering throwing them in some time.

Sir J-Werk
05-23-08, 1:13 pm
Nice work on the Bow squats bro, do you feel them burn your quads as well as normal squats? I am curious because i am considering throwing them in some time.

I felt it more with the 275, 295, and 315.... weights that I have no busy squating regularly at this time.... But it wasn't a burning feeling, it was mostly the contracting feeling.... But I felt it afterwards and I am feeling it already this morning.... I would definitely recommend them.... I haven't done them in a long time.... The bench I used put my maybe about 2in above parallel although I think it still may have been too high.... But it was the best thing available at the time. Thanks bro.

Malloy1344
05-23-08, 1:16 pm
Damn bro!! Insane volume on that wheels session!!! Great work. How are you liking your stack of products?

Sir J-Werk
05-23-08, 1:36 pm
Damn bro!! Insane volume on that wheels session!!! Great work. How are you liking your stack of products?

Thanks Jim. I'm diggin' them so far. My second tub of Real gains finally came in yesterday so I'll be back to using it.... Shock is still doing the trick.... I learned after an inncident with it a while again just exactly how much is too much a so I keep that in check now.... I like Storm after my workouts but I think I may try to fit it in somewhere alse because I would rather be taking in protien and creatine after my w/o's not just creatine.... ZMA seems to be doing it's thing although I'm asleep when it's doing it so call it blind faith. lol

Malloy1344
05-23-08, 1:43 pm
Thought about runnin Test? Probabaly the best product ever. I <3 it.

Sir J-Werk
05-23-08, 5:48 pm
Thought about runnin Test? Probabaly the best product ever. I <3 it.

Actually yes. This last order that just came in yesterday when I ordered it Test was out of stock.... I'll see where I am next payday and see if it's available. I really did want to get it after my cycle of M-Stak was done though. :(

zanderfever
05-26-08, 11:44 am
Been a while since the last time i've checked in, nice progress. Very colorful posts, haha. The supersets, giant sets, they are all ridiculous

Maharg
05-26-08, 12:09 pm
How did you do on the ABC back day?

Sir J-Werk
05-26-08, 1:16 pm
Been a while since the last time i've checked in, nice progress. Very colorful posts, haha. The supersets, giant sets, they are all ridiculous

lol... Thanks Brother.

How did you do on the ABC back day?

Did really well and had a great time. I'll post it up along with my shoulder and tricep w/o here in a little bit....

Sir J-Werk
05-26-08, 4:06 pm
Shoulders and Triceps - 5/23/08

Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=235

Smitty CG Bench:
95x12
115x12
135x12
155x10
160x8
170x6
150x10
140x10
135x10
Seated BB Press:
95x10
105x9
115x9
125x5
130x-
100x10
100x10 - These were infuriatingly frustrating.
Skullz:
75x10
80x8
65x10
65x10
65x10
65x10 - These are getting weaker also. WTF?
1-Arm Cable Laterals:
20x12
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10
SUPER SET
Rev. Grip Press Down:
50x15
60x12
70x10
70x10
70x10
Cable Upright Rows:
50x15
60x15
70x15
80x12
90x12

Truly frustrating night.... I've gone back and looked at my numbers to see if I am even making little gains but it seems that I am stuck in a rut.... Not going to dwell on it too much.... Need to figure something out in the mean time.

Back, Traps, and Rear Delts - 5/25/08 KC ABC, Lee's Summit @ Golds

Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=238

BOR's:
135x20
185x15
205x12
225x10
245x10 - PR
225x12
205x15
135x20
Rev. Grip Pull Downs:
135x12
150x12
165x12
180x12
150x15
135x15
Nautilus Shrugs:
2plx12
2+25x12
3plx10
3+15x10
2+35x12
2+25x15
2plx20
CIRCUIT SET:
Nautilus Compound Row:
155x12
170x15
200x15
Rear DB Raises:
25x15
30x15
35x12
Lat Flexor Pull Downs:
135x15
165x12
195x12

Great workout.... As usual, back day never lets me down.... Had a great time at the ABC and meeting the new guys.... BOR's are getting better all the time and are surprising the hell out of me.... The pull down station at Golds is super nice and so smooth.... Got a great strech out of it.... Kinda makes me jealous.... The nautilus shrugs absolutely destroy my traps and the Circuit at the end left everything with a nice pump.... I would have liked to have gotten in a couple more sets but I took some time out to snap a few photos.... Hams and Calves tonight.

zanderfever
05-26-08, 4:22 pm
Triceps stuck? I have two words for you. French Press. Also, try doing dips, but hold a dumbbell between your feet to push your body farther forward. That'll do more for your triceps as well.

And then I have a real plateau breaker for you. Do a negative drop set. Start out doing your regular exercise, go to failure, have some spot you and help you get a few negatives in, then drop the weight, rep out, and then have the spot help you with negatives. Repeat as neccessary.

Sir J-Werk
05-26-08, 5:30 pm
Triceps stuck? I have two words for you. French Press. Also, try doing dips, but hold a dumbbell between your feet to push your body farther forward. That'll do more for your triceps as well.

And then I have a real plateau breaker for you. Do a negative drop set. Start out doing your regular exercise, go to failure, have some spot you and help you get a few negatives in, then drop the weight, rep out, and then have the spot help you with negatives. Repeat as neccessary.

I have been doing French Presses (aka Skull Crushers) during most of my tricep workouts.... I had also started doing dips but stopped for a little bit because I was getting a strange pain in my right tri.... Which I believe was purely due to some machine dips I had done earlier that week.... I inadvertantly do negatives on my own usually when I get a good mind to muscle connection.... Unfortunately because of what time I workout there are not many, if any at all, people working out and to be completely honest I wouldn't trust 98% of the ones that do to spot me.... And that is based off of what I have seen them do which is some scary shit. But regardless thanks for the advice Bro.

zanderfever
05-26-08, 5:41 pm
I have been doing French Presses (aka Skull Crushers) during most of my tricep workouts.... I had also started doing dips but stopped for a little bit because I was getting a strange pain in my right tri.... Which I believe was purely due to some machine dips I had done earlier that week.... I inadvertantly do negatives on my own usually when I get a good mind to muscle connection.... Unfortunately because of what time I workout there are not many, if any at all, people working out and to be completely honest I wouldn't trust 98% of the ones that do to spot me.... And that is based off of what I have seen them do which is some scary shit. But regardless thanks for the advice Bro.

French Press and Skull Crushers are different. Skull crushers you have your arms perpendicular to your body when you lie down and only your forearms move to touch your foreheard. French Press you put your arms at about a 45 degree angle from your head. You let the weight fall, in control always, until it goes past teh back of your head, and then you straighten your arms so that instead of an "L" being made with your head and arms, a "/_" is being made with a bit more of an angle than that slash.

Sir J-Werk
05-26-08, 6:00 pm
French Press and Skull Crushers are different. Skull crushers you have your arms perpendicular to your body when you lie down and only your forearms move to touch your foreheard. French Press you put your arms at about a 45 degree angle from your head. You let the weight fall, in control always, until it goes past teh back of your head, and then you straighten your arms so that instead of an "L" being made with your head and arms, a "/_" is being made with a bit more of an angle than that slash.

I see what you're saying.... I looked it up.... Had something else in mind.... Thanks.

zanderfever
05-26-08, 6:06 pm
I see what you're saying.... I looked it up.... Had something else in mind.... Thanks.

What was the other thing you had in mind? I could give it a try, haha.

Sir J-Werk
05-26-08, 6:25 pm
What was the other thing you had in mind? I could give it a try, haha.

lol.... Well it's really nothing different.... Lying BB (usually w/ the EZ Bar.) Ext = French Presses.... not skull crushers. It was too close to meal time for me to think straight. ;)

zanderfever
05-26-08, 11:57 pm
lol.... Well it's really nothing different.... Lying BB (usually w/ the EZ Bar.) Ext = French Presses.... not skull crushers. It was too close to meal time for me to think straight. ;)

Haha, ok

Sir J-Werk
05-27-08, 4:13 am
Hams and Calves - 5/26/08

Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Univesal ZMA
weight=236

GIANT SET
Elevated SLDL's:
135x15
185x12
205x10
225x8
235x8 - PR
205x10
135x20
Weighted Hypers:
+45x15
+45x15
+45x15
+45x15
+45x15
+45x15
+45x15
Standing Calf Raises:
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
300x30
GIANT SET
Lying Leg Curls:
80x15
95x12
110x10
110x10
95x12
80x15
Cable Pull Thru's:
50x15
60x15
70x15
70x15
70x15
70x15
Seated Calf Raises:
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20

Pretty sick w/o tonight.... Wanted to pick up the pace a bit so I could be home at a decent time to take and upload pics for the Bustin' Ass Contest.... Got done in a tad bit over an hour so mission accomplished.... Circuits, Super Sets, and Giant Sets are becoming a staple of my Ham and Calf w/o's.... The pump I had in my hams, glutes, and even lower back was retarded! So hopefully I am doing something right.... Lats and Biceps tomorrow.

Maharg
05-27-08, 1:45 pm
Fuck you are a volume monster.

Sir J-Werk
05-27-08, 1:58 pm
Fuck you are a volume monster.

lol, thanks.... But don't let Jim (Malloy1344) hear you say that.... He'll start going bucknutty with his volume knob. lol!

Toni69
05-27-08, 4:10 pm
your doin some sick ass volume man. You do more in a session than I ever did and I love me some volume..LOL

Im a bit lazy going back through all your pages but I have skimmed through..Im looking for your goals...is this type of training working toward your overall goals?

Giant Killer
05-27-08, 5:56 pm
Subbed. Wow what a strong chord that first post hit with me. I'll be around man...

Sir J-Werk
05-27-08, 7:03 pm
your doin some sick ass volume man. You do more in a session than I ever did and I love me some volume..LOL

Im a bit lazy going back through all your pages but I have skimmed through..Im looking for your goals...is this type of training working toward your overall goals?

How did I know you would ask that? ;)

My goals through all of my journeys have been simple, generic if you will.... Bigger and Stronger.... And that remains true here.

High reps have worked really well for me. Stamina and strength have gone up surprisingly since most people believe that high reps don't necessarily translate to increased strength. But what I have found is that I can achieve a better mind to muscle connection.... So if my first three sets are 20, 15, and 12 reps by the time I hit my working sets of 10, 8, 6 (if I even go that low) I am already in the zone. In the past when I would only do 4-5 sets with reps going from 8-4 I never could get that connection and just felt like I was going through the motions and then it was off to the next lift....

Size is just something that I am gong to have to be content with knowing that it is going to take some time.... Little by little my eating has become better but is by no means perfect.... I'm not to whoopie on the pooh belly that I am still rockin' and I don't do any cardio, but the more and more I clean up my diet and in conjunction with what i am doing in the gym, although I am bulking I will begin to lean out slowly but surely....

One day at a time.

Subbed. Wow what a strong chord that first post hit with me. I'll be around man...

Great Brother.... Good to have you around.

Malloy1344
05-28-08, 9:16 am
All hail the new volume king!!! Great workouts my friend!

Sir J-Werk
05-28-08, 9:24 am
All hail the new volume king!!! Great workouts my friend!

Lol, thanks Bro.... But what I what to know is how the hell you people function this early in the morning? I had to get up to get my vehicle inspected this morning and it damn near killed me! I'm goin' back to bed.... See ya'll around noon. haha....

Sir J-Werk
05-28-08, 8:45 pm
Some people have absolutely nothing to prove but still have to prove it.... you follow me?

Simple example that happened to me the other night. After arriving at the gym I was at the door fishing my key card out of my wallet when two random guys pass by across the street.... I had seen them when I was driving up but that was all the notice that I gave them. But one guy made it a point to make this statement, "....Shit, I was benchin' 465 by the time I got out of prison.... I was twice the size of that dude." Well since I was the only other "dude" around it wasn't hard for me to figure out who he was talking about....

Well it was Hams and Calves that night and could have cared less about bench pressing but that remark stuck in my head.... yeah, it fired me up a little but you know it reminds me of the person I don't want to be.... I don't want to be that guy that who reminds everyone what he 'USE' to do. I want to be the person that does it, finds a way to do it better, and most importantly be content within myself and be humble about it.

So who knows.... maybe what the guy should have been thinking instead of how much he use to bench, was think about what it was like when he use to have a car.... cause walkin' home in the rain sure must have sucked.

Sir J-Werk
05-29-08, 3:19 am
Lats and Biceps - 5/28/08

Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA Pro
weight = 237

CG Pull Downs:
135x15
165x12
180x10
195x8
150x12
135x15
BB Curls:
50x15
70x12
80x10
90x10
100x8
80x12
SUPER SET
Standing 1-Arm Iso Row (high cable) :
30x15x15
40x12x12
50x10x10
50x12x12
60x10x10
40x20x20
Concentration Curls:
20x12x12
25x10x10
25x10x10
25x10x10
25x10x10
20x15x15 - I need to do these more often.
SUPER SET
Straight Arm Pull Downs:
50x15
60x12
70x10
80x7
60x12
50xfailure(17)
Machine Preacher Curls:
130x15
150x12 - stack
S+25x12
S+35x10
Stackx12
130xfailure(19)
BTB BB Wrist Curls:
55x20
60x20
60x20
60x20

Kept everything simple, nothing fancy, and had a great workout! I knew it on the drive to the gym that it was going to turn out that way.... Great pump in my lats and biceps after the pull downs and bb curls.... Super sets were fun.... I really like the high cable rows and the concentration curls kicked my ass! Gonna keep those around for a while.... Staright arm pull downs and machine curls would have taken everything out of the tank if it wasn't for sippin' on some Storm throughout.... Behind the back BB wrist curls FTW! I love nights like these! Chest and Abs tomorrow.

Sir J-Werk
05-30-08, 6:38 pm
Hit Chest and abs lastnight.... turned into a long night (personal issues) and has carried over to today.... I'll log it later tonight.... I'm taken an off night.... my heads not to straight right now.

Themostocles
05-30-08, 7:30 pm
Hit Chest and abs lastnight.... turned into a long night (personal issues) and has carried over to today.... I'll log it later tonight.... I'm taken an off night.... my heads not to straight right now.

Hope everythings ok and you get thing worked out. Good luck J. -T.

Sir J-Werk
06-01-08, 2:10 am
Last two workouts....

Chest and Abs - 5/29/08

Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=237

High Incline BB:
135x10
145x8
160x6
160x6
150x6
135x10
135x10
Decline BB:
135x10
140x10
150x10
150x10
140x10
135x10
DB Flyes:
30x10
40x10
40x10
35x10
Pec Deck:
120x20
120x20
120x20
Cable X-Over (high cable) :
30x10
30x10
30x10
Decline Sit-ups:
5x12

A little rough starting out.... Especially since I had hit my biceps the night before and they were pretty sore.... There are two inclines at the gym. One is what you would consider your typical incline bench (what I call the high incline) and one that is laid back a little further.... Definitely a big difference between the two when you start throwing the weight around.... Cutting my sets back a little as well on my iso-lifts.... Good workout overall.

Quads and Calves - 5/31/08 @ 24-Hour Fitness, Leawood, KS

Universal Real Gains
Universal Shock Therapy
Universal Storm
Universal ZMA
weight=236

w/u Squats:
135x12
155x12
165x12
Leg Press:
3plx20
4plx15
4+35x12
5plx12
6plx10 - PR
4plx20
Seated Leg Ext:
120x20
135x15
165x15
165x15
CIRCUIT SET
Adductor:
140x15
150x15
160x15
160x15
Standing Calf Raise:
300x25
240x25
240x30
300x30
Abductor:
100x15
110x15
120x15
120x15
Seated Calf Raise:
155x20
155x20
155x20
155x20

Went to my girlfriend's gym tonight.... That flippin' place is huge! I guess it use to be a movie theater.... Finally hit 6-plates per side on leg press! Everything else was weird and what I mean by that is that I am not use to "nice" equipment and so it took some adjusting.... I don't know what it is about those Flex Fitness calf raise machines but 300lbs kicks my ass where as back at the Gym I could rep out all day on it.... But the seated calf raise machine they had kicked ass! I have never had a pump in my calves like that before!.... I still love the funny look=s I get when I am on the adductor and abductor machines.... You know the one I'm talkin' about.... The "WTF?" look.... lol! Shoulders and Tri's tomorrow.

Maharg
06-01-08, 11:32 am
I know the looks you are talking about. I normally superset the abd'add machines, and i always get funny looks like guys shouldnt be on them.

Themostocles
06-01-08, 12:38 pm
I have never had a pump in my calves like that before!.... I still love the funny looks I get when I am on the adductor and abductor machines.... You know the one I'm talkin' about.... The "WTF?" look.... lol! Shoulders and Tri's tomorrow.

I know the looks you are talking about. I normally superset the abd'add machines, and i always get funny looks like guys shouldnt be on them.

Least I am not the only one, that and cable pull thrus. Everyone smirking their condescending smiles. -T.

Sir J-Werk
06-02-08, 5:37 pm
Animal Stak and Universal Nox3 ordered.... 2 days....

Maharg
06-02-08, 7:56 pm
Ohh, A stak huh? Good luck, and keep me posted on results.

Sir J-Werk
06-02-08, 8:44 pm
Ohh, A stak huh? Good luck, and keep me posted on results.

I will do that.... I was really wanting to try Animal Test but once again money played a factor.... Although $59.95 on DPS is not unreasonable at all it is a little steep for me this go-round considering I am trying to save up so dough for the Ozark ABC.... So instead I compromised and bought Stak and Nox3 for about the same price.... As if I'm going to be disappointed.... ;)

zanderfever
06-02-08, 8:53 pm
Animal Stak and Universal Nox3 ordered.... 2 days....

I'm curious about the Nox3. Does it have creatine? I'm curious how it'll compare to Pump and ST

Sir J-Werk
06-02-08, 9:13 pm
I'm curious about the Nox3. Does it have creatine? I'm curious how it'll compare to Pump and ST

Here's a link that will tell you everything (or close to) what you want to know.... http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_item_uv075.htm

It does not have creatine in it (at least that I've have read anyway) .... I'm not sure how it compares to Pump or Shock Therapy.... But then again I'm not using it in conjunction with my workouts.... I'll be taking it at night, right before bed with ZMA Pro. ;)

Here's the link to the article were I got the idea; http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=372