PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pak anomaly (side effects?)

boyka
03-27-08, 5:46 am
Hello everyone,

I've been using Animal Pak for almost 3 weeks. I got the neon yellowish green urine but also recently I've been felling dizzy. I also felt like I was loosing touch sensitivity in my hands. I felt a certain loss in the nervous system in my arms plus my head felt heavy. It felt like I was loosing focus. First I thought that I might have some eye problems because I was also feeling that my eyes are tired and heavy. I went to the ophthalmologist. Even though he discovered some problems in my eyes (I have hypermetropia) he assured me that my dizzy state is not generated by the eye condition. I stopped taking the Pak the next day. I experienced the same conditions, dizziness and hands sensitivity for the last 10 days. I observed that the color of the urine changed from yellow green to green. I drink a lot of water (~2 l) a day. Every time I go to the toilet I have a light green color in the urine. First I rechecked the composition of the Animal Pak. The following list contains only the vitamins and minerals.

Vitamin A . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...9900IU ................198%
(as acetate & 66% as -carotene)
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) . . . . ...1g ..............1667%
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol) . . .680IU . ..............170%
Vitamin E . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...300IU ..............1000%
(as d--tocopheryl acetate)
Thiamin (as thiamin HCl) . . . . . ........76mg .......5067%
Riboflavin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..........76mg .......4471%
Niacin (as niacinamide) . . . . . ........ .82mg ..........410%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl).........72mg ........3600%
Folic Acid . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........400mcg . ........100%
Vitamin B12 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........6mcg . ........100%
(as cyanocobalamin)
Biotin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .........300mcg . ........100%
Pantothenic Acid . . . . . . . . . . . . ........ .76mg . .......760%
(as calcium pantothenate)
Calcium (as citrate, carbonate) . ........2g . ............200%
Phosphorus (calcium phosphate) 228mg .............23%
Iodine (from kelp) . . . . . . . . . . ........ 150mcg . .......100%
Magnesium (as oxide) . . . . . . . . . ..133mg . . ..........33%
Zinc (as oxide) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......30mg . ..........200%
Selenium (as selenite) . . . . . . . . .....50mcg . ........ .71%
Copper (as sulfate) . . . . . . . . . . .....600mcg . ........ .30%
Manganese (as sulfate) . . . . . . . . ..11mg . ..........550%
Chromium (as picolinate) . . . . . . . ...6mcg . . . .........5%
Potassium (as sulfate) . . . . . . . . ..200mg . . . ..........6%

I have also read a lot on the internet about the possibility of intoxication with a surplus of vitamins. My attention was caught by the daily values (DV) of vitamins A,C,D,E and B6. Regarding Riboflavin and Thiamin I have no knowledge. The percentage seems to be very high for most of these elements. My question is: COULD MY SYMPTOMS BE GENERATED BY THE HIGH AMOUNT OF THE ELEMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE WHICH MIGHT HAVE ACCUMULATED IN THE 3 WEEKS?
I have started to to feel better now but the question still stands. I have to mention that in my 3 weeks of training I was feeling strong, I have increased my weight with 2 kg. I was also eating a lot. I have read only good things about Animal Pak and for that I have bought it. Still can the excess of vitamins and minerals be harmful to the health when the body does not need it? I still think that Animal Pak is a great product but maybe it is not suited for me.

Thank you.

boyka
03-27-08, 5:50 am
I forgot another question. Why is Animal Pak not FDA approved?

never_2_big
03-27-08, 5:59 am
i know heaps of people who use the pak and i use it too, none of them have ever reported any of your symptoms, but maybe just to be sure see a doctor.

how much water do u drink, the neon piss is normal but dizzines and touch sesnitivity can be signs of dehydration.

naturalguy
03-27-08, 6:37 am
Go see your doctor.

What you are describing is not normal from Animal Pak. I highly doubt it's caused by Animal Pak.

boyka
03-27-08, 6:46 am
I will see a doctor. I am drinking ~2 L of water every day. Still can an excess of vitamins be harmful? Is it normal that after 10 days of not taking Animal Pak my urine color to be light green?

naturalguy
03-27-08, 7:04 am
I will see a doctor. I am drinking ~2 L of water every day. Still can an excess of vitamins be harmful? Is it normal that after 10 days of not taking Animal Pak my urine color to be light green?

An excess of certain vitamins could potentially be harmful (only the fat soluable vitamins) the water soluable vitamins get excreted out so there is no chance of toxicity. It would take more than 10 days of intake to have anything harmful happen and you would have to take WAY more than what is in Animal Pak.

FYI..........the dosages that you posted up about Animal Pak was for 2 paks worth. So if your only taking one pak per day (which is recommended for most) then you have to cut those doses in half.

You should be drinking at least a gallon of water a day, it takes a little effort but it's worth it.

houseofpain
03-27-08, 7:06 am

Go see your doctor.

What you are describing is not normal from Animal Pak. I highly doubt it's caused by Animal Pak.

A.) Animal pak is not FDA approved because NO vitamins or supplements are approved the FDA. It's not just Animal Pak. Any herbal supplements, vitamins, nutrients and supplements are NOT regulated by the FDA. This doesn't make Animal Pak original (well, it is but in other ways).

B.) I agree with Intensity. This is not normal and seeing a doctor should be a first priority. And about your piss, everyone who takes animal pak has neon yellow piss. some even have the green piss. its simply the excess vitamins your peeing out which gives it that color. this is a good sign, as your body does not need these nutrients, meaning your body is thriving and has plenty of vitamins and is throwing away the ones it doesnt need.

mustgetbig
03-27-08, 7:21 am

bro it is probally how low your water intake is IMO you should be drinking AT LEAST a gallon a day but im not a doctor so go see one

widdlewade44
03-27-08, 7:51 am
You should be drinking at least a gallon of water a day, it takes a little effort but it's worth it.

and a US Gallon is 3.78 Liters. You definitely need to be taking in more water. Good luck.

Kevin
widdlewade44

LittleMan55
03-27-08, 7:57 am
I'll throw in my 2 cents.

go see the doctor! Get your water intake to ~4L or more a day! I drink about 2 Gallons and after I take pak in the mornings I pee neon for my first 2 or so pisses of the day! Never been dizzy or lost feeling! But see the doc. Hope you get everything figured out!

boyka
03-27-08, 8:02 am
Thank you for your answers and your support. I will see a doc as soon as I can. I plan on having blood and urine analysis.

krazyassmexican
03-27-08, 8:24 am
the yellow piss is normal nothing to worry about, pak is not fda approved why?

if you take a look around you'll see no sports supp approved by the fda

now like everyone else said
go to see your doctor

d60hanna
03-27-08, 8:54 am
yea dude the b vitamins are what are causing your piss to be the green yellow color. and when you quit and still pissed that color it is because that stuff is still in your system. yea 2L isnt shit worth of water. You need at least one or more gallons and you will be good my man. hit the liquids, stick with the pack and your good.

Pizzalamp
03-27-08, 9:23 am
good luck

boyka
03-27-08, 9:32 am
Thank's again. One question, why do you all emphasize on drinking so much water? Aren't ~2 L not enough? From my own experience the more you drink the more you piss. I think the body will retain only the necessary amount and will eliminate the rest. Maybe some of you can enlighten me.

krazyassmexican
03-27-08, 10:12 am
Thank's again. One question, why do you all emphasize on drinking so much water? Aren't ~2 L not enough? From my own experience the more you drink the more you piss. I think the body will retain only the necessary amount and will eliminate the rest. Maybe some of you can enlighten me.

what's wrong with pissin?

the more water you drink, the cleaner your system will be and the less water you'll retain

squattingtillipuke
03-27-08, 1:01 pm
arms going numb - there is a lady that I work with that had the same issue. I'm not sure when this is happening to you but she was actually sitting to low and her arms were at an odd angle and her blood flow to her arms was like if you were to have your arms behind your head and fall asleep...once she adjusted her chair the symptoms went away.

Roland
03-27-08, 1:13 pm
You are not drinking enough water. Try drinking more water and I bet it will go away...you need to stay hydrated throughout the whole day and especially if you are taking in much protein as well bro...you have to keep your system moving. As for water intake I follow how much protein I take in...so if itake in 1g/bodyweight then I do 1 gallon, if I take in 1.5g then 1.5gallon of water etc. Your symptoms kinda sound like dehydration...drink up bro.

houseofpain
03-27-08, 2:47 pm
what's wrong with pissin?

the more water you drink, the cleaner your system will be and the less water you'll retain

x2. Bodybuilding is full of ironies. To look big, you have to be skinny. The things that taste good to eat make you look like shit and the stuff that tastes like shit makes you look good. It would make sense that the more water you drink, the more you retain. Not always the case. Drinking more means more pissin, and more pissin' means less water in your body. Another great way to really up your gains is simply by drinking TONS of water. I drink around a gallon a day. It's hard at first, but after a while you get used to it and your body wants that much water. Good luck.

killyouintheface
03-30-08, 12:28 am
x2. Bodybuilding is full of ironies. To look big, you have to be skinny. The things that taste good to eat make you look like shit and the stuff that tastes like shit makes you look good. It would make sense that the more water you drink, the more you retain. Not always the case. Drinking more means more pissin, and more pissin' means less water in your body. Another great way to really up your gains is simply by drinking TONS of water. I drink around a gallon a day. It's hard at first, but after a while you get used to it and your body wants that much water. Good luck.

He's right.

One way to look at it is like this: The more water you drink, the less your body feels like it needs to hoard back. Just like the more you eat (within reason) the more likely your body is to not want to turn everything you eat into fat. The more your body is able to know that there's always going to be more of what it needs when it needs it, the more likely it is that your body will start growing and building on itself instead of hoarding everything into fat and holding onto every last little molecule of water.

You do that – in part – by drinking more. So drink more. At least 4 liters of water a day.

staudt
03-30-08, 1:10 am
I am 16 years old, and have this same problem with dizzyness that you explained, I have had it for over a month now, even not taking animal pak. It may be allergies, I went to my doctor and he couldn't help at all. If you figure anything out please tell me more info...

staudt
03-30-08, 1:13 am
By the way I drink 1gallon to 2 gallons of water every day. I have always been taking some type of vitamin and just started taking animal pak, but I had this weird dizyness before i started taking it.

houseofpain
03-30-08, 9:19 am
you taking in enough electrolytes? Try drinking a couple gatorades a day in addition to your daily water intake.

rhane
03-30-08, 9:27 am
Sounds more like the beginning symptoms of overtraining to me. Do you do a lot of high volume weight work? I highly doubt your symptoms are due to either the vitamin or the 2 liters of water you drink a day. On average you drink far more than the typical person (even those who exercise). It could be a combination of training way too much with not enough rest and food.

rhane
03-30-08, 9:29 am
I am 16 years old, and have this same problem with dizzyness that you explained, I have had it for over a month now, even not taking animal pak. It may be allergies, I went to my doctor and he couldn't help at all. If you figure anything out please tell me more info...

when you train with weights you are not only training the muscles you are training the nervous system - and very intensely too. On average, the nervous system recuperates much slower from that shock of training than the muscles, so feeling dizzy and "not yourself" is actually not at all uncommon when you train very hard. The best way to counteract it is to get 8+ hours of sleep a night, eat plenty of protein, carbs, and good fats, and make sure you have a day off or two a week where you don't exercise at all.

staudt
03-30-08, 6:49 pm
Idk what to do but the dizyness and not feeling myself is very annoying...I've had it for over a month now, could it be animal pak or daily vitamin? I eat enough good fats/carbs/calories and drink plenty of water. I am currently doing the bench like an animal series for training. Could going extremely hard in working out make me feel this way? If I don't have to get up for school I can easily sleep 12+ hours a night...

boyka
04-01-08, 2:05 am
I think I figured out what was happening to me for the last 2 weeks. I went to see a doctor as instructed. First I saw a GP. I described my symptoms:
- dizziness (vertigo symptoms)
- inner ear pressure
- eyes are tired, feeling some sort of pressure in them
- lack of doing anything
- feeling I could sleep forever
- numbness in my hands

He overlooked them, check my blood tension. It was a little high. He said that this was the cause and prescribed me some drugs. I went to the pharmacy, bought the drugs and went home feeling that the GP hadn't pointed out the right cause for my symptoms. At least he could have suggested seeing another doctor. Luckily mu mother knows a doctor specialized in eyes, ears, nose (I don't know the exact medical name). He discovered that I have a nasal sept deviation (hope I have spelled it correctly). He pointed out that my symptoms could be caused by this. He said that I should have a hearing test (audiometry test) and go back to him with the results. Luckily my wife works in a medical center that performs such tests. The test result was good. I have a normal hearing. The doctor that performed the test concluded based on my symptoms that I might have LABYRINTHITIS. This is an inner ear infection (viral or bacterial) that affects the organ responsible with the body's equilibrium. There is a lot of information on this on the internet. So in my case I think this was the problem.

I have started to feel better yesterday. I am regaining my focus and can't wait to go back to the gym.

Nightshift
04-01-08, 2:22 am
Glad to hear your feeling better. Nothing worse than feeling bad and not knowing what it is.

Wada
06-08-08, 12:49 pm
Hello everyone,

I've been using Animal Pak for almost 3 weeks. I got the neon yellowish green urine but also recently I've been felling dizzy. I also felt like I was loosing touch sensitivity in my hands. I felt a certain loss in the nervous system in my arms plus my head felt heavy. It felt like I was loosing focus. First I thought that I might have some eye problems because I was also feeling that my eyes are tired and heavy. I went to the ophthalmologist. Even though he discovered some problems in my eyes (I have hypermetropia) he assured me that my dizzy state is not generated by the eye condition. I stopped taking the Pak the next day. I experienced the same conditions, dizziness and hands sensitivity for the last 10 days. I observed that the color of the urine changed from yellow green to green. I drink a lot of water (~2 l) a day. Every time I go to the toilet I have a light green color in the urine. First I rechecked the composition of the Animal Pak. The following list contains only the vitamins and minerals.

Vitamin A . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...9900IU ................198%
(as acetate & 66% as -carotene)
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) . . . . ...1g ..............1667%
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol) . . .680IU . ..............170%
Vitamin E . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...300IU ..............1000%
(as d--tocopheryl acetate)
Thiamin (as thiamin HCl) . . . . . ........76mg .......5067%
Riboflavin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..........76mg .......4471%
Niacin (as niacinamide) . . . . . ........ .82mg ..........410%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl).........72mg ........3600%
Folic Acid . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........400mcg . ........100%
Vitamin B12 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........6mcg . ........100%
(as cyanocobalamin)
Biotin . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .........300mcg . ........100%
Pantothenic Acid . . . . . . . . . . . . ........ .76mg . .......760%
(as calcium pantothenate)
Calcium (as citrate, carbonate) . ........2g . ............200%
Phosphorus (calcium phosphate) 228mg .............23%
Iodine (from kelp) . . . . . . . . . . ........ 150mcg . .......100%
Magnesium (as oxide) . . . . . . . . . ..133mg . . ..........33%
Zinc (as oxide) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......30mg . ..........200%
Selenium (as selenite) . . . . . . . . .....50mcg . ........ .71%
Copper (as sulfate) . . . . . . . . . . .....600mcg . ........ .30%
Manganese (as sulfate) . . . . . . . . ..11mg . ..........550%
Chromium (as picolinate) . . . . . . . ...6mcg . . . .........5%
Potassium (as sulfate) . . . . . . . . ..200mg . . . ..........6%

I have also read a lot on the internet about the possibility of intoxication with a surplus of vitamins. My attention was caught by the daily values (DV) of vitamins A,C,D,E and B6. Regarding Riboflavin and Thiamin I have no knowledge. The percentage seems to be very high for most of these elements. My question is: COULD MY SYMPTOMS BE GENERATED BY THE HIGH AMOUNT OF THE ELEMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE WHICH MIGHT HAVE ACCUMULATED IN THE 3 WEEKS?
I have started to to feel better now but the question still stands. I have to mention that in my 3 weeks of training I was feeling strong, I have increased my weight with 2 kg. I was also eating a lot. I have read only good things about Animal Pak and for that I have bought it. Still can the excess of vitamins and minerals be harmful to the health when the body does not need it? I still think that Animal Pak is a great product but maybe it is not suited for me.

Thank you.

Also, If youll note, that ingredient label is for 2 paks.....I dun know bout you, but I only take 1 pack per day.
By the way ODing on multivitamins is very hard to do...the only ones that might accumulate are D,A,K,E b/c they are fat soluble...and you have to eat a SHIT load of vitamins to do this. The others, ur body should be able to piss out b/c they are water soluble.
Hope this hleps

TheStiffmeister
06-08-08, 8:47 pm

fda doesn't have to approve it. it is not treating or curing a disease. unless animal pak has a statement saying it is treating a particular disease, disorder, curing something, etc it does not get FDA approved b/c it is a supplement.

knockout509
06-08-08, 9:43 pm
you know, ive been taking animal pak for almost 3 months now, and i started taking mtstak and cuts about 2 weeks ago.
i havent seen any difference in anything, even with the pak.
is it me? i work out alot and i eat right. do some people just react to it, and some people dont at all?

smoke20fan
07-04-08, 7:48 pm
Well about a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with a stomach condition called Diverticulitis. It is where small pouches form on the colon. I was told not to eat popcorn, nuts of any kind, or anything that was hard that the stomach did not digest that could poke a hole in a pouch. Doctor said to drink more water and eat more fiber. Also losing weight would help. I was almost 300 pounds at this time. I have been doing well with it until last week when I started taking Animal Pak and Flex. Since then the stomach pains have came back. I think the amount of pills may be the cause. Anyone have any suggestions for taking them? Time of day, with/without food, splitting the pills so they are smaller? ANYTHING????? I had so much more energy when taking PAK. I am still taking FLEX. Thanks!!!!!

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-05-08, 3:40 pm
Anything in excess is bad for you....I highly doubt it's from the pak though...the breakdown you provided is for TWO servings (or packs) of Animal Pak...I think most people on here just take one Pak a day

if you're taking 2 paks a day then try 1

bobbymart
07-05-08, 5:12 pm
you know, ive been taking animal pak for almost 3 months now, and i started taking mtstak and cuts about 2 weeks ago.
is it me? i work out alot and i eat right. do some people just react to it, and some people dont at all?

what kida results were you looking for? pak is a multi. m stack and cuts will work wonders if you'r diet and training are dialed in but they SUPPLEMENT how hard you work. they are not a magic pill that will throw 25lbs of muscle on you post up you'r training /diet and lets take a look and I bet we can find the source of you'r plateau.

sabrestr
12-15-09, 4:38 pm
I know this is an old post but I have the same side effects. I started to feel dizzy at times after I started taking animal pak , one pak daily. Never had such problems before. Has anyone found a solution to this?

TheTinyHulk
12-30-09, 7:17 am

The pak shouldn't make any dramatic changes, it's to make sure you're taking care of you're bodies nutritional demand, but taking M-stak and cuts with no results? That is crazy talk.

I've had good results with both products, and could definately tell cuts was doing something immediately after taking it.

Just need to remember all this is about time and commitment. Check your diet and workout plans. Make sure they are right on par.

legartas
05-25-10, 11:53 am
every person need 6cups - 2 litres of water per day to feel ok, so for u 2 is not enough

Hybrid7
05-27-10, 3:35 pm
Try drinking enough water so your urine is the same color it normally is without pak. I put pack down in the morning before I workout and have a gallon finished by 10am. Then another gallon throughout the day until bed. Makes a sick pump too while on Pump!!

LegendKillerJosh
05-27-10, 4:39 pm
Take pak after your largest meal. I've noticed if I take it without food, even if I take it with a shake, it gives me nausea. My guess is it is the digestive enzymes. If you take enzymes without a belly of food, they have nothing to do and make you feel nauseated. If I do get nauseated after taking pak, I eat a large meal and that feeling goes away.

xlionx
05-27-10, 4:41 pm
for the dizzyness......im wondering if ur eatn enough and if ur takin it with the meal and make sure you follow it with another meal in 3 hours.....im telling you i had the same problem at first and still to this day if i dont eat enough i get that way