PDA

View Full Version : Widesian Logic

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 11:00 pm
Wow...Im interested in seeing the answers here...can we all answer the question? Kind of a "Get to know an ANIMAL" portion of the Widesian Logic thread....

That will be up to Mr Wides.

BamBam
04-10-08, 11:06 pm
That will be up to Mr Wides.

True...I still want to know more about Wides...the man, the myth, the legend...

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 11:09 pm
True...I still want to know more about Wides...the man, the myth, the legend...

I think we all do, he is an enigma.

Big Wides
04-11-08, 9:08 am
What is your favorite holiday, food, drink, movie and book of all time? Favorite song? And what would you be if you could be anything in the world?

I can't possibly give all time, I will give top 3 in no paticular order

Holiday - 4th of July, Columbus Day, Labor Day

Food - Veal Saltimubacca (probably spelt wrong), Lasagana, anything with Cheese Wiz

Drink - Sangria (homemade stuff), Grape Soda, Lemonade

Movie - Animal House, The Graduate, JAWS

Book - The Divine Comedy, Stonewall Jackson's Memiors (mind of a genius and nutjob), works of Francesco Petrarca

Song:

I Am The Walrus - The Beatles
Something in the Way - Nirvana
One - Metallica

To answer the last question, I have no clue. Trying not to be like anybody else but someone different that leaves their own mark no matter how big or small it is.

And despite the rumors, I am no legend or myth or man or eingma.....I'm just a regular dude

BamBam
04-11-08, 12:34 pm
I can't possibly give all time, I will give top 3 in no paticular order

Holiday - 4th of July, Columbus Day, Labor Day

Food - Veal Saltimubacca (probably spelt wrong), Lasagana, anything with Cheese Wiz

Drink - Sangria (homemade stuff), Grape Soda, Lemonade

Movie - Animal House, The Graduate, JAWS

Book - The Divine Comedy, Stonewall Jackson's Memiors (mind of a genius and nutjob), works of Francesco Petrarca

Song:

I Am The Walrus - The Beatles
Something in the Way - Nirvana
One - Metallica

To answer the last question, I have no clue. Trying not to be like anybody else but someone different that leaves their own mark no matter how big or small it is.

And despite the rumors, I am no legend or myth or man or eingma.....I'm just a regular dude

You aren't a man...hmm...well then...!

Big Wides
04-11-08, 12:42 pm
You aren't a man...hmm...well then...!

ok wise ass....let me rephrase that "I am not the man"

lesson to be learned here, simple stupid grammitcal errors can cause a clusterfuck when it comes to reading what your wrote

BamBam
04-11-08, 12:46 pm
ok wise ass....let me rephrase that "I am not the man"

lesson to be learned here, simple stupid grammitcal errors can cause a clusterfuck when it comes to reading what your wrote

I just like fucking with ya...Hell I know u r a man...I lifted with ya and saw what you could do so...!

I love that word clusterfuck..I think my favorite usage would have to be in Heartbreak Ridge and Clint Eastwood tells his C.O. that the mission was a clusterfuck...That or Dane Cook's usage in his jokes..

brandonA
04-11-08, 1:29 pm
Which Circle of Hell would be the most intersting to visit?

-B

Big Wides
04-11-08, 1:48 pm
Which Circle of Hell would be the most intersting to visit?

-B

It would either have to be the 7th or 8th Circle. But for the sake of the question it would be the 7th because not only is it divided into its own seperate rings (Outer - Violence Against People and Property, Middle - Violence Against Self and Others, Inner - Violence Against God), but these three themes are prevelant in modern daily life. Granted when the Divine Comedy was written these had different meanings than today but can easily be related. An example would be the Middle Circle were you had those who commited violence against themselves (suicide) being in the same company with those who destroyed their own lives by lusting over life's simple means (money, property, social standing, ect.).

Each of these inner circles and their punishment represent a means of an eternal torture that those imprisoned there inflicted on their victims. Lets face it those in the Outer Circle were imerssed in a river of boiling blood by the degree of their autorisites. These circles now, espically with the way the world has been since the 15th century would most likely be filled with people we have been hearing about or studying about our entire lives. It wouldnt be like going to a red carpet event but just think of the horrible scum that would be there, both intellegant and the latter. Although the 8th circle and its 10 "pockets" most likely would have a bigger motely crew but I'll take the 7th

BamBam
04-11-08, 2:03 pm
Although the 8th circle and its 10 "pockets" most likely would have a bigger motely crew but I'll take the 7th

HAHA...Im pretty sure thats were you would find Motley Crue themselves...just my guess...

I vote for the 8th...Just me...But I plan on going upstairs when I die...but if its just a visit for the weekend or something then I'd be down..

brandonA
04-11-08, 2:33 pm
Time for me to dust of the Dante and re-read...Been a while...have to think of another great question..I'll be back........

oh wait....please explain L.T.F.F.

I think I got it, but one never knows till the ask the question..

-B

Big Wides
04-11-08, 3:01 pm
Time for me to dust of the Dante and re-read...Been a while...have to think of another great question..I'll be back........

oh wait....please explain L.T.F.F.

I think I got it, but one never knows till the ask the question..

-B

L.T.F.F. = Let the Fucker Fly

Motto that we had back in my throwing days. Was first told to me at my first college meet, when Mike England got to me before I threw and just said L.T.F.F. I was naturally confused and wondered what it ment. He later told me and it was uttered before every big meet or big throw that was upcoming amoung the whole throwing crew.

brandonA
04-11-08, 3:44 pm
L.T.F.F. = Let the Fucker Fly

Motto that we had back in my throwing days. Was first told to me at my first college meet, when Mike England got to me before I threw and just said L.T.F.F. I was naturally confused and wondered what it ment. He later told me and it was uttered before every big meet or big throw that was upcoming amoung the whole throwing crew.

That is what I was thinking...Our's was Grip It an' Rip It...

THe guy I train grip with was a thrower here at the UofA....I was over at his house training and found his 12# shot put, brand new...I told him that I could tell he never threw it..He said he had been wanting to go out and toss it around again..I told him to call me when he was ready...

I miss throwing, every now and again I pick up a steel disk and wind up like I am going to toss the discus.....fun times....best part of my high school experance...

-B

Big Wides
04-14-08, 2:43 pm
Paradise - what is it? For some its being in their favorite armchair like Archie Bunker, for others its opening up all 8 cyclinders and just letting her rip. Some its the kitchen or others its being surrounded by loads of sandwhiches topped with Wiz (or maybe thats just me). No matter whatever it fucking is and many here say its "the gym" well hate to break to ya but if thats all you can think about and you think is paradise then your missing out on a lot, just find your own Paradise and let loose there, have fun, relax don't do it when you want to to go to it relax don't do it when you want to come....yeah got lost there for a minute in some 80s montage. Remember to have fun with life and go after it to the fullest.

What is paradise for me.....well thats an excellent question

BamBam
04-14-08, 2:54 pm
Paradise to me is this..

The Shipyard resort area at Hilton Head Island...that place was amazing..

1.) Hot women as far as the eye could see...and they all seemed to dig guys with big muscles
2.) One part of the extremely large pool, you could go over and order food and or drinks and eat them while still relaxing in the water.
3.) Right on the beach so you can feel breeze off the water, ear the ocean roar, smell the sand..and bask in the beautiful 90 degree sunlight..
4.) The food there was cheap, cooked to order to whatever you like (anything can be fixed to fit any need), and tasted fantastic.
5.) Plenty of space so you dont feel cramped and feel relaxed doing basically anything..
6.) Sitting in a beach armchair reading a damn good book, feet in the water, sun on me, and the shades on with my gallon of water next to me

This could go on for a while but I will stop here...you all need to go with me sometime to experience the relaxation that is HHI

GRUNT
04-14-08, 6:11 pm
Being in the good ole USA...I have never appreciated my country until I came here to the Middle East.

Malloy1344
04-14-08, 6:14 pm
Paradise for me would be a MASSIVE stretch of windy mountain roads. My 350Z with a full tank of gas, sun shining....windows down, exhaust note growling, just swerving and tearing through stop sign-less roads.

I miss Pennsylvania :(

Thrawn
04-15-08, 4:06 am
Sometimes it paradise can be easy for me.
Me and my girl and our lovely cats in the garden, corncobs and bronco steaks on the barbecue.

Big Wides
04-16-08, 1:11 pm
Running, its something that we do whether we know it or not. For some of us it involves leaving our past deeds in the dust, or those troubled times/people that helped shape us, knowing that if we where to revisit these things we would be right back to what we were before. Others of us are running towards a dream, a goal, an accomplishment something that we can hang within ourselves knowing that we overcame what many perceived as insurmountable. No matter what we do, we are always running some say that those who are running from their past are nothing but cowards, since they can’t face what they have done wrong, while these same people call those running towards their goals, daydreamers since these naysayers have nothing better to do but bring you down.

I don’t see it this way, there are many who have ran from their past but in some different light, no matter how far they think they ran from it, it came back but made them a better person. That is not the act of a coward, for if it was then they would be right back in their past when it came a knockin, back to the same old bullshit that kept them crawling in life, instead of running. It takes a brave soul to look upon their misdeeds and use them towards their advantage to better themselves. I say run down that dream, go ahead….fuck what everyone else says about you going for it. Don’t let negative shit get to you, its only being said because those who are saying it know that they don’t have the nuts to try and achieve something of that magnitude. It’s too much for them to handle, they’d rather sit there and go after those who are working to get it. But no matter what path you do, in the end it makes for not only a better person but a better life for yourself and knowing that all you have done is all worth it.

"Strikes and gutters, ups and downs" - The Dude's Theory on Life

Big Wides
04-16-08, 10:42 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkwQIjqKqIE&NR=1

could not pass this up, any video that starts off with a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe quote is killer in my book

BamBam
04-16-08, 10:47 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkwQIjqKqIE&NR=1

could not pass this up, any video that starts off with a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe quote is killer in my book

OMG!!!! hahahaha! I fucking LOVE HE-MAN and the MASTEZRS OF THE UNIVERSE! Dolph Lundgren played one hell of a He-Man!

Killer video though Wides...Bill Kaz is a beast, now and forever a true legend of the strongman!!

Thrawn
04-17-08, 4:26 am
We will have a new legend soon. Mariusz Pudzianowski has his eyes on title number 5, which would be a record. That man is unstoppable.

BamBam
04-17-08, 9:16 am
We will have a new legend soon. Mariusz Pudzianowski has his eyes on title number 5, which would be a record. That man is unstoppable.

Mariusz...I dont think words can describe the power that man has...unreal!! I love he guy though and got to meet him in person at the 2006 Arnold...Funny and pretty nice guy...I hope he wins the 5th though..

Big Wides
04-17-08, 9:44 am
Mariusz...I dont think words can describe the power that man has...unreal!! I love he guy though and got to meet him in person at the 2006 Arnold...Funny and pretty nice guy...I hope he wins the 5th though..

yes Marius or however you spell it does have a great deal of power and to me the physque that is going to define what the future of strongman should look like (I personally would not mind looking like him, in due time).....however I feel that he lacks the pure Raw strength that many of the past WSM dudes had. He is explosive as hell which is a great type of strength to have but could he bend thick rebar around his head like a pretzel?

BamBam
04-17-08, 10:16 am
yes Marius or however you spell it does have a great deal of power and to me the physque that is going to define what the future of strongman should look like (I personally would not mind looking like him, in due time).....however I feel that he lacks the pure Raw strength that many of the past WSM dudes had. He is explosive as hell which is a great type of strength to have but could he bend thick rebar around his head like a pretzel?

Hmmm....touche' good sir Wise...I don't know...I mean, from what I have seen, the ony weakness the man has is the Atlas Stones because he has a hard time getting his arms around them, where as the taller competitors have the longer reach, but, he makes up for it by just grippin it and rippin it...but now thinking about it, I dont think he is as raw and "grizzly" as the Strongmen of the past...

I do agree with the physique...He is of course gigantic and I agree that I wouldnt mind looking like that either. The future? Hmm...well, again, you are right...If you look at Kevin Nee, he has the same body type as Mariusz and he is only like 24 (I think)..so, we may see a new trend from the very ponderous, beef, rotund competitors...to the new, defined, jacked up physiques...

McFly
04-17-08, 10:17 am
Running, its something that we do whether we know it or not. For some of us it involves leaving our past deeds in the dust, or those troubled times/people that helped shape us, knowing that if we where to revisit these things we would be right back to what we were before. Others of us are running towards a dream, a goal, an accomplishment something that we can hang within ourselves knowing that we overcame what many perceived as insurmountable. No matter what we do, we are always running some say that those who are running from their past are nothing but cowards, since they can’t face what they have done wrong, while these same people call those running towards their goals, daydreamers since these naysayers have nothing better to do but bring you down.

I don’t see it this way, there are many who have ran from their past but in some different light, no matter how far they think they ran from it, it came back but made them a better person. That is not the act of a coward, for if it was then they would be right back in their past when it came a knockin, back to the same old bullshit that kept them crawling in life, instead of running. It takes a brave soul to look upon their misdeeds and use them towards their advantage to better themselves. I say run down that dream, go ahead….fuck what everyone else says about you going for it. Don’t let negative shit get to you, its only being said because those who are saying it know that they don’t have the nuts to try and achieve something of that magnitude. It’s too much for them to handle, they’d rather sit there and go after those who are working to get it. But no matter what path you do, in the end it makes for not only a better person but a better life for yourself and knowing that all you have done is all worth it.

"Strikes and gutters, ups and downs" - The Dude's Theory on Life

well said....however, when i think of running man....i think MC Hammer.....

ahhh just Mcfly again and his senseless humor!!

BamBam
04-17-08, 10:21 am

When I think of Running Man...I think of Arnold Schwarzenegger in a really, really...way too tight, yellow spandex jumpsuit...although a cool movie...wow...

But MC Hammer's running man...classic

Big Wides
04-17-08, 11:01 am

when your diet is over, we shall train together....but you have to wear parachute pants in honor of MC Hammer, and I will wear thy Zubaz in honor of those who never left the 80s

McFly
04-17-08, 11:03 am
when your diet is over, we shall train together....but you have to wear parachute pants in honor of MC Hammer, and I will wear thy Zubaz in honor of those who never left the 80s

done deal! I have a pair or bright red ones sitting in my closet.....DON"T ASK

Big Wides
04-17-08, 11:08 am
The future? Hmm...well, again, you are right...If you look at Kevin Nee, he has the same body type as Mariusz and he is only like 24 (I think)..so, we may see a new trend from the very ponderous, beef, rotund competitors...to the new, defined, jacked up physiques...

This comment got me thinking, and wants me to ask why do you think that maybe the future trend for not only strongman, but for BBing, PLing, Olying.....is shifting towards this new look that completly defies what has been done in the past with physiques. Could it be a more advanced way of thinking from the athletes on training, diet, supplementation? A new found way of thinking to "break" the sterotypes of the old way, or are they breaking ground in forming their own chapter in the long storied histories of their respective sports

BamBam
04-17-08, 12:26 pm
This comment got me thinking, and wants me to ask why do you think that maybe the future trend for not only strongman, but for BBing, PLing, Olying.....is shifting towards this new look that completly defies what has been done in the past with physiques. Could it be a more advanced way of thinking from the athletes on training, diet, supplementation? A new found way of thinking to "break" the sterotypes of the old way, or are they breaking ground in forming their own chapter in the long storied histories of their respective sports

Hmmm....Well, I think this question is important to me because I am going to be apart of it. With all of these new physiques, I think the 'want' to change or the 'need' to change came from 2 places..
1.) The advancement of the supplement industry, wether it be illegal or legal.
2.) Bodybuilders setting a bar so high for the pinnacle for physiques in all sports, so these other 'genres' of lifting weights, being Oly, Pling, and SM...want to adopt these physiques, or some aspect of it while molding it to their needs in their sport...(ya get what Im saying..?)

The advancement of thinking is obviously relevant here too...I mean just talking to you, as well as the other ANIMALS, and BB's from any other company/affiliation, I believe the thinking has stayed the same as well as those BB's from "The Golden Era". I have read quotes from Arnold, Dorian, Lee, Ronnie, Wrath, Machine, Zane, Atwood, Colombu, Ox...etc...and they all boil down to some of the same things...go big or go home, stay humble, stay strong, be yourself, you either have it or you dont, etc..I think it could be called the 'continuation of a proper mindset' in our sport..

Although all bodybuilders have the same mindset of wanting to be the best, how do we define being the best? Is it the most massive, is it the most striated and defined, is it the strongest, the person with the most Olympia titles, the most money, the hottest wife...Its hard to say because everyone has their own opinion...

BUT...now that I have rambled and probably not answered the question lol, I think the future is going to be a sight to behold...Old records shattered...I mean literally blown to dust. Physiques will become more monsterous and freaky...but sooner or later, someone will step up on stage looking like Arnold or Zane (the streamline look), and that person will start another revolution. Supplementation will continually advance to new heights until they make that one "magic" pill that you take one a year and u put on mass and lose fat like you convert O2 into CO2 and breathe...But, I can't wait to see what the future holds for our sport, our lifestyle.

Any other questions Sir Wides?

ionacht
04-17-08, 2:03 pm
Hmmm....Well, I think this question is important to me because I am going to be apart of it. With all of these new physiques, I think the 'want' to change or the 'need' to change came from 2 places..
1.) The advancement of the supplement industry, wether it be illegal or legal.
2.) Bodybuilders setting a bar so high for the pinnacle for physiques in all sports, so these other 'genres' of lifting weights, being Oly, Pling, and SM...want to adopt these physiques, or some aspect of it while molding it to their needs in their sport...(ya get what Im saying..?)

The advancement of thinking is obviously relevant here too...I mean just talking to you, as well as the other ANIMALS, and BB's from any other company/affiliation, I believe the thinking has stayed the same as well as those BB's from "The Golden Era". I have read quotes from Arnold, Dorian, Lee, Ronnie, Wrath, Machine, Zane, Atwood, Colombu, Ox...etc...and they all boil down to some of the same things...go big or go home, stay humble, stay strong, be yourself, you either have it or you dont, etc..I think it could be called the 'continuation of a proper mindset' in our sport..

Although all bodybuilders have the same mindset of wanting to be the best, how do we define being the best? Is it the most massive, is it the most striated and defined, is it the strongest, the person with the most Olympia titles, the most money, the hottest wife...Its hard to say because everyone has their own opinion...

BUT...now that I have rambled and probably not answered the question lol, I think the future is going to be a sight to behold...Old records shattered...I mean literally blown to dust. Physiques will become more monsterous and freaky...but sooner or later, someone will step up on stage looking like Arnold or Zane (the streamline look), and that person will start another revolution. Supplementation will continually advance to new heights until they make that one "magic" pill that you take one a year and u put on mass and lose fat like you convert O2 into CO2 and breathe...But, I can't wait to see what the future holds for our sport, our lifestyle.

Any other questions Sir Wides?

I think some of it has to do with new ways of thinking. Take PL'ing. You might be a middle of the road lifter in one weight class. But if you drop a class, maybe that will push you to the top. I also think Society has played into it. I think there is more pressure to conform with what society defines as ideal. I myself struggle with that from time to time. I'll look at myself in the mirror and wonder if I should switch from PL'ing to BB'ing. Societies definition of hot is 6 or more abs. Not one big one.

Big Wides
04-17-08, 2:40 pm
Societies definition of hot is 6 or more abs. Not one big one.

granted yes I do believe that society does play a role in what is deemed hot, good looking, sexy or whatever it is and it will probably shape how we dress and act. But why should we let that change how we train or why we train? We should be training for not only the fun of it but because we are passionate about it and the style that we train at is what makes "us" stand out in a rather mundane arena. Why blend in when you can stand out, hell I sport my Ab, and i dont care if Tommy Toughnuts Sixpack is there right next to me, I wil stand up for the style I train at, how I train and let the world know about it. Society can deem whatever they want as "hot" and if I dont fit into that mold I'm one happy fucker, as soon as what we do is deemed hot, then we all will be in a living hell

McFly
04-17-08, 3:13 pm
just my thoughts here.....I think some of the change is due to the understanding of nutrition and how important it is. there are some amazing lifters in pl, oly, and SM but are great one contest and then bomb the next few or jsut don't show up. Not to knock ANYONE but we all know or have heard some lifters have a somewhat off the wall 'diet' or eating habits....without consistent nutrition would you expect consistent performances on the platform? Even in bodybuilding, how often do you see the elite in that sport grossly out of shape....and those who you do admit to eating tons of crap and eating inconsistently some not even training in the offseason.

just my .01 piece

BamBam
04-17-08, 3:14 pm
granted yes I do believe that society does play a role in what is deemed hot, good looking, sexy or whatever it is and it will probably shape how we dress and act. But why should we let that change how we train or why we train? We should be training for not only the fun of it but because we are passionate about it and the style that we train at is what makes "us" stand out in a rather mundane arena. Why blend in when you can stand out, hell I sport my Ab, and i dont care if Tommy Toughnuts Sixpack is there right next to me, I wil stand up for the style I train at, how I train and let the world know about it. Society can deem whatever they want as "hot" and if I dont fit into that mold I'm one happy fucker, as soon as what we do is deemed hot, then we all will be in a living hell

x2...fuck being socially conformative...I hate when people have to go to the gym nd act like its a damn fashion show or something...let alone gel the hair up, makeup, cologne (really....come on people..). I like wearing my sweats and tattered shirts and shorts...its whats comfy to me and I am comfy being me...

I do agree Wides...when people deem what we do hot or cool....we're all boned...

ionacht
04-17-08, 4:33 pm

x2...fuck being socially conformative...I hate when people have to go to the gym nd act like its a damn fashion show or something...let alone gel the hair up, makeup, cologne (really....come on people..). I like wearing my sweats and tattered shirts and shorts...its whats comfy to me and I am comfy being me...

I do agree Wides...when people deem what we do hot or cool....we're all boned...

No disagreement here. But if everyone is honest with themselves, they have felt that at one time or another. Just a passing thought.

BamBam
04-17-08, 7:57 pm
No disagreement here. But if everyone is honest with themselves, they have felt that at one time or another. Just a passing thought.

Oh man no doubt that almost daily I see things that make me want to be "normal" and fit into the social norm...hell, when I see some twig of a guy with a hot girl and all i got on my arm is some sick slabs of meat (hehe..), I often wonder "why."...

BUT...

I then see something that makes me smile and say, 'what the fuck was I thinking..'

*It's me in the mirror...looking better than 90% of society...the other 10% reside in here!!

Society will have its fads, its false heroes, its trends, its select few the world deems necessary to care about and love, and the others either follow or become apart of the "unpopular crowd"...

I just found a new song btw yall might like...pretty hard song to lift to...'Chevelle- The Fad'

Big Wides
04-22-08, 12:24 pm
Why is it that out of all the decades we have, there is always still just one that sticks out in people's minds and resonates wherever you go.....thats right I'm talking about the 80s. Why are you still around and being mentioned in an era that consists of people shuddering at the shear thought of it and what happened during those 10 years. I cant tell you how many females I know that dont know shit from shine-o-la but can belt out a Journey tune like its no tomorrow. Or you have dudes who are bringing back that mop-top look hair that resembels a flock of seagulls.....real slick. However I find it interesting to list the good shit that came out of the 80s:

- Reagan
- The death of disco and the rise of metal (there were a few dark years with that glam shit)
- End of the Carter Recession
- Collection of timeless comedy movies (Animal House, Blues Brothers, Caddyshack, ect.)
- The minivan
- The acceptance of the Beard, mustache, and Fu Man Chu as the mainstay for facial hair
- Mullets everywhere, see being a red-neck was popular before Jeff Foxworthy
- The word "dude"

The list of bad shit from the 80s that should have stayed there but didnt:

- Prince
- Madonna
- Philly teams getting a cities hopes up about a championship, then suddenly taking a shit
- Spandex
- Journey and all types of this music
- Long hair on dudes
- Ass-less Chaps (reason behind these?)

I'm sure there are others but please lets leave the 80s be just a memory, however judging by the way shit is going, its just going to keep on coming back and biting us in the ass whenever it can. It will be a decade that lives on forever.....FUCK

Phil800101
04-22-08, 12:29 pm
Animal House was 1978 bro. Just busting your balls.

What kills me are all these people who say "I grew up in the 80's" when they were only 5,6, or 7 when the 80's ended, as if saying "I grew up in the 80's" gives you some kind of 80's street cred or something. Personally, I think that before the age of about 7 or so you're not cognizant enough to really appreciate what's all going on around you, especially in the world of pop culture and what not. It's not like it gets all that better when you're 7 or something, it's just that this seems to be the relative age where you start to become more socially and culturally aware. In my case, I was born in November of '84, so I feel like I grew up in the 90's.

I do fear what I think I see coming, little by little...a resurgence of 90's pop culture, specifically early 90's...shudder.

pmug0000
04-22-08, 12:33 pm
Why is it that out of all the decades we have, there is always still just one that sticks out in people's minds and resonates wherever you go.....thats right I'm talking about the 80s. Why are you still around and being mentioned in an era that consists of people shuddering at the shear thought of it and what happened during those 10 years. I cant tell you how many females I know that dont know shit from shine-o-la but can belt out a Journey tune like its no tomorrow. Or you have dudes who are bringing back that mop-top look hair that resembels a flock of seagulls.....real slick. However I find it interesting to list the good shit that came out of the 80s:

- Reagan
- The death of disco and the rise of metal (there were a few dark years with that glam shit)
- Collection of timeless comedy movies (Animal House, Blues Brothers, Caddyshack, ect.)
- The minivan
- The acceptance of the Beard, mustache, and Fu Man Chu as the mainstay for facial hair
- The word "dude"

- Prince
- Madonna
- Philly teams getting a cities hopes up about a championship, then suddenly taking a shit
- Spandex
- Long hair on dudes

I'm sure there are others but please lets leave the 80s be just a memory, however judging by the way shit is going, its just going to keep on coming back and biting us in the ass whenever it can. It will be a decade that lives on forever.....FUCK

Wasn't the '80s the decade of coke and AIDS too? Obviously those are still around now, and were before, but I think the '80s was considered an epidemic of those.

But what would we do without the word "dude"????

Big Wides
04-22-08, 12:35 pm
Animal House was 1978 bro.

well fuck me running

McFly
04-22-08, 12:35 pm
i'm glad i spent most of the 80's shitting my diapers and eating with my fingers!!!

Enforcer
04-22-08, 12:40 pm
i'm glad i spent most of the 80's shitting my diapers and eating with my fingers!!!

+1. Watching Seasame Street and shit. God those were the days of no school, eating, sleeping , and shitting

Big Wides
04-22-08, 12:42 pm
But what would we do without the word "dude"????

its a great word, the Coen brothers basically based a whole movie off it.....

Enforcer
04-22-08, 12:43 pm
its a great word, the Coen brothers basically based a whole movie off it.....

That's just like ur opinion man....

Phil800101
04-22-08, 12:50 pm
+1. Watching Seasame Street and shit. God those were the days of no school, eating, sleeping , and shitting

Good ole' Sesame Street. Today at work I started talking like The Count. I was getting fucking slammed, boxes for my one truck were just pouring down the belt, so as they came by I was like "How many boxes are they fucking me over with? 1...2...3...ah ha ha...4...5...6...ah ha ha..." and so on.

Enforcer
04-22-08, 12:52 pm
Good ole' Sesame Street. Today at work I started talking like The Count. I was getting fucking slammed, boxes for my one truck were just pouring down the belt, so as they came by I was like "How many boxes are they fucking me over with? 1...2...3...ah ha ha...4...5...6...ah ha ha..." and so on.

Hahahaha. U ever see Dave Chapelle's comedy skit about Seasame Street- "Oscar why are you such a grouch," "Bitch I live in a fuckin trash can." Priceless

ionacht
04-22-08, 1:58 pm

- Reagan
- The minivan
- The word "dude"

- Prince
- Madonna
- Spandex
- Long hair on dudes

I think these things are generational. Who's grandpa does not talk about how things were back in the '50's? Also, as humans we are attached emotionaly to our history. I don't remember any one from my second grade class in '87, except the girl I had the hots for at the time. Why do I remember the first time I saw the movie Stripes in '88 (yes I know it came out in '81)? Because I got to see boobs:) It still makes me laugh seeing it today. I think that is one reason these things come around in circles. People our age look back at the 80's and 90's with emotion (good and bad). You tend to associate more with things of your "era" and that brings those things back into the present. Oh, and besides Animal House, Journey emerger from the 70's as well.

BamBam
04-22-08, 2:04 pm
Hahahaha. U ever see Dave Chapelle's comedy skit about Seasame Street- "Oscar why are you such a grouch," "Bitch I live in a fuckin trash can." Priceless

I love that shit man...and there was nothing better than being little and having not a fucking care in the world besides what type of baby food I was gonna eat and when the hell I was gonna sleep/wake up. Sadly, I only got to spend 3 yrs in the 80's...*sigh*

But man you forget the era of bodybuilding changing as well in the 80's...you are coming from what was the golden age with Arnold and the streamline look, into what we know today as the MASS MONSTERS.

Also, do I need to even mention 80's cartoons? I know Wides is a fan of He-Man and the Masters of The Universe, but shit you still had Transformers, GI-Joe, Thundercats...it goes on and on...

The 80's ruled...period...and the word "dude" will never die...

Phil800101
04-22-08, 10:08 pm

Lol, I think I saw that once.

Phil800101
04-22-08, 10:14 pm
I love that shit man...and there was nothing better than being little and having not a fucking care in the world besides what type of baby food I was gonna eat and when the hell I was gonna sleep/wake up. Sadly, I only got to spend 3 yrs in the 80's...*sigh*

But man you forget the era of bodybuilding changing as well in the 80's...you are coming from what was the golden age with Arnold and the streamline look, into what we know today as the MASS MONSTERS.

Also, do I need to even mention 80's cartoons? I know Wides is a fan of He-Man and the Masters of The Universe, but shit you still had Transformers, GI-Joe, Thundercats...it goes on and on...

The 80's ruled...period...and the word "dude" will never die...

Ah yes, GI-Joe. That new movie looks like it's going to suck.

Big Wides
04-24-08, 10:44 am
Well, when I first started this thread I had mentioned something to the tune of “Rigging Gym Equipment” to further your gains, well here it is (all i could come up with so far):

Problem: No v-bar handle to do T-bar rows with
Solution: Take two nylon handles and tie them together making sure that they are equal in length. Take said masterpiece and place it under the bar like you would with the vbar, gently wrap the handles around the bar until its snug, then row.

Problem: Standing Calf Raise machine is slick and has no grips
Solution: Wrap the metal piece in either hockey tape, or some sort of grippy style tape (Duct Tape is not recommended, it is rather slick when pressure is applied). Or you could simply bring some roofing shingles with you and stand on them.

Problem: Need a box for step-ups or box squats
Solution: Take those Lego pieces that the cardio people use and construct your own out of a stepper. The stability and structural integrity may not be there but its safe, just don’t be a jack ass and slam either your foot or ass through the plastic

Problem: Treadmill is broke and many are taken up
Solution: Fuck it Donnie, let’s go roll.

Problem: Plate loaded machines are at their “factory” max load
Solution: Gently figure out a way to load more pies and/or dumbbells to the equipment that wont end up hurting/killing yourself or breaking the machine, this is where your Jenga skills come in. If all else fails, try tapping or tying the weights on there

****I do not condone or endorse this shit I am mentioning here, this is for entertainment purposes only. Don’t try this shit you will hurt yourself****

BamBam
04-24-08, 10:49 am
Well, when I first started this thread I had mentioned something to the tune of “Rigging Gym Equipment” to further your gains, well here it is (all i could come up with so far):

Solution: Take two nylon handles and tie them together making sure that they are equal in length. Take said masterpiece and place it under the bar like you would with the vbar, gently wrap the handles around the bar until its snug, then row.

Solution: Wrap the metal piece in either hockey tape, or some sort of grippy style tape (Duct Tape is not recommended, it is rather slick when pressure is applied). Or you could simply bring some roofing shingles with you and stand on them.

Solution: Take those Lego pieces that the cardio people use and construct your own out of a stepper. The stability and structural integrity may not be there but its safe, just don’t be a jack ass and slam either your foot or ass through the plastic

Solution: Gently figure out a way to load more pies and/or dumbbells to the equipment that wont end up hurting/killing yourself or breaking the machine, this is where your Jenga skills come in. If all else fails, try tapping or tying the weights on there

****I do not condone or endorse this shit I am mentioning here, this is for entertainment purposes only. Don’t try this shit you will hurt yourself****

Good shit here Wides...and I like your take on the treadmill! You know, this isn't Nam Wides....there are rules!

(I love the Big Lebowski)

Themostocles
04-24-08, 11:55 am
Nice marmot...

I find the thick blue electrical tape with the textured surface works good for the calf raises. -T.

McFly
04-24-08, 1:50 pm
Grip tap from a skateboard shop works awesome on those slippery Standing Calf Raise machines.

damn now i want to dig out my yellow Tony Hawk skateboard circa 1991

Lowdown5
04-24-08, 1:55 pm
Thia thread is just what we need, a homorous look at ourselves and the shit we do.

Oh, and on the slippery calf machine, a real man would just tack hammer shingles to the soles of his feet for grip.

**Do not tack hammer shingles to the soles of your feet, I was kidding**

Big Wides
04-24-08, 2:23 pm
One must find humor in all that they do or in what others do who have the same mindset. Gotta laugh every once and a while, hell I dont stop from the moment I wake up and look in the mirror till I hit the sack.

Humor = Good

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 2:28 pm
One must find humor in all that they do or in what others do who have the same mindset. Gotta laugh every once and a while, hell I dont stop from the moment I wake up and look in the mirror till I hit the sack.

Humor = Good

do you find humor when you look in the mirror?? lol

Big Wides
04-24-08, 3:26 pm
do you find humor when you look in the mirror?? lol

i find humor at what I'm looking at

Big Wides
04-25-08, 8:55 am
Well, the Penn Relays are in town yet again, started yesterday and will continue through the weekend. Its a great time down there and tons of world class atheltes and Olympians. The fun days are today and tomorrow when the "Implements of Death" (shot, hammer, discus, javelin) will be tossed around. The atmosphere down there is almost like a big BBQ, everyone is friendly, with all different kinds of people joining up and basically bullshitting after they're done competeting. Not to mention the female athletes are smoking hot, but thats a different story for a different time.....

McFly
04-25-08, 8:59 am
Well, the Penn Relays are in town yet again, started yesterday and will continue through the weekend. Its a great time down there and tons of world class atheltes and Olympians. The fun days are today and tomorrow when the "Implements of Death" (shot, hammer, discus, javelin) will be tossed around. The atmosphere down there is almost like a big BBQ, everyone is friendly, with all different kinds of people joining up and basically bullshitting after they're done competeting. Not to mention the female athletes are smoking hot, but thats a different story for a different time.....

aw man! i miss the penn relays! I ran in them twice, what great memories!

Big Wides
04-25-08, 9:12 am
aw man! i miss the penn relays! I ran in them twice, what great memories!

one year hammer and one year shot, very humbling experience but the memories is what made it great.

McFly
04-25-08, 9:36 am
one year hammer and one year shot, very humbling experience but the memories is what made it great.

damn throwers, i was always scared i was going to get hit with something...

I ran the 4x400 there......but i was primarily a 800m and 1600m runner.

BamBam
04-25-08, 9:39 am

Nothing like a good throw...

Big Wides
04-25-08, 10:38 am
damn throwers, i was always scared i was going to get hit with something...

Funny you say that, there was one time at practice I was working with the shot, and some genius decided to put the circle on an area of grass that was raised up from the road that went down to the stadium. Well as I had made it to the point where we do full throws and to help build up arm speed we would work with lighter/heavier implements much like an overload principle. So I had the trusty old Ball Buster with me (18lb shot). And when I came out of my glide I held onto the shot to long and released it late, I mean way late so it went wide left (was waiting for Bob Uecker to say "Just a bit outside), well at this time the atheletic trainer parked his golf cart on the access road right about I'd say 45', well you can guess what happened there. Ye olde shot put made a loud noise and a very large dent in this golf cart, and no one was happy. I was laughing my ass off at this cause thats a feat in and out of itself.

Had to do sled work the whole next day for practice.....which made my sick ass even more happier!

Malloy1344
04-26-08, 1:22 pm

I am guilty of attempting atleast 3 of these. Great stuff Wides.

BamBam
04-28-08, 5:38 pm
Ok...here we go...I need the advice, input, and logic of Master Wides on something that is ticking at me...

Ok, I have a girl who is my friend, and she is engaged to an absolute piece of shit. He lies to her, has beat her in the past, and drinks/parties/smokes with not only his friends, but other girls. His friends (guys and girls) treat her like shit and tell her they r going to break them up no matter what and when she tells him he thinks it is a joke and tells her she's nuts. He never calls her or texts her until he's ready to. He says sex is a burden and stressful to him, and he doesnt want kids with her but will have them one day?? He bases his life around money and has told her that that is his drive in life...to make more money so he can have fancy shit. She moved out of his house to live on her own to get away fro his shit too. The list on this guy goes on and on with stuff she has told me about him but this is enough for now...ANYWHO...so, she is with this guy, and wanting to be happy, loved, etc etc...WELLLL....Here I am. I have felt a lot for this girl since I was a Jr. in High School, but was shy and never thought I'd have a chance with her so I just didnt do anything...then I moved away to college and now Im home and saw her again and all the feeling rushed back...SO, being the ANIMAL I am, I told her and spilled it out. She cried and was happy and whatever, but is still with this guy when he treats her like shit, and I am trying to treat her like gold! I dont understand...My MAIN Question is this...after all this being said...

Q: Why do girls (or whoever M or F) push away something great and makes them happy, for something that is a complete mess and makes them miserable?

MassMan
04-28-08, 5:51 pm
Ok...here we go...I need the advice, input, and logic of Master Wides on something that is ticking at me...

Ok, I have a girl who is my friend, and she is engaged to an absolute piece of shit. He lies to her, has beat her in the past, and drinks/parties/smokes with not only his friends, but other girls. His friends (guys and girls) treat her like shit and tell her they r going to break them up no matter what and when she tells him he thinks it is a joke and tells her she's nuts. He never calls her or texts her until he's ready to. He says sex is a burden and stressful to him, and he doesnt want kids with her but will have them one day?? He bases his life around money and has told her that that is his drive in life...to make more money so he can have fancy shit. She moved out of his house to live on her own to get away fro his shit too. The list on this guy goes on and on with stuff she has told me about him but this is enough for now...ANYWHO...so, she is with this guy, and wanting to be happy, loved, etc etc...WELLLL....Here I am. I have felt a lot for this girl since I was a Jr. in High School, but was shy and never thought I'd have a chance with her so I just didnt do anything...then I moved away to college and now Im home and saw her again and all the feeling rushed back...SO, being the ANIMAL I am, I told her and spilled it out. She cried and was happy and whatever, but is still with this guy when he treats her like shit, and I am trying to treat her like gold! I dont understand...My MAIN Question is this...after all this being said...

Q: Why do girls (or whoever M or F) push away something great and makes them happy, for something that is a complete mess and makes them miserable?

Great question. Often times, most women feel insecure about breaking up from an abusive relationship because they have grown to be dependent on their abuser. The problem is, this carries through their life, lowering their self esteem and whatnot. They simply don't want to move on because they're scared.

BamBam
04-28-08, 6:10 pm
Great question. Often times, most women feel insecure about breaking up from an abusive relationship because they have grown to be dependent on their abuser. The problem is, this carries through their life, lowering their self esteem and whatnot. They simply don't want to move on because they're scared.

Hmm...interesting view MassMan. I can see this being prevelant in her actions and when she talks to me about this douchebag...Any other views fellas?

Cellerator65
04-28-08, 6:13 pm
1 thing could be attachment, like massman was saying. She could think that he'll eventually change.

2, you might have been put into that catagory of "friend who listens" and she just wants you as an outlet... it sucks, but that could be a reason as well.

you should ask her why, keep the discussion as level as possible, so u dont put her in an uncomfortable situation... and honestly, if you get the "i dont know" response, u'd probably be better without her as more then a friend.

brandonA
04-28-08, 6:21 pm
Funny you say that, there was one time at practice I was working with the shot, and some genius decided to put the circle on an area of grass that was raised up from the road that went down to the stadium. Well as I had made it to the point where we do full throws and to help build up arm speed we would work with lighter/heavier implements much like an overload principle. So I had the trusty old Ball Buster with me (18lb shot). And when I came out of my glide I held onto the shot to long and released it late, I mean way late so it went wide left (was waiting for Bob Uecker to say "Just a bit outside), well at this time the atheletic trainer parked his golf cart on the access road right about I'd say 45', well you can guess what happened there. Ye olde shot put made a loud noise and a very large dent in this golf cart, and no one was happy. I was laughing my ass off at this cause thats a feat in and out of itself.

Had to do sled work the whole next day for practice.....which made my sick ass even more happier!

HAHAHA..classic...I caught a Girl's Rubber disc in the hip one time, came out of no where, she managed to release it almost directy behind her, fun times....We used to throw over the cross bar of the goal post to make sure we were releasing up and not level, more than once the crossbar was hit, scaring the shit out of anyone not paying attention...Good times, they did not allow us to throw the javlin or the hammer in Arizona, which sucked...I went to school out in the sticks, we were surrounded by cow pastures and desert, but the city schools complained that they had no "safe" place to throw these...wimps...

On time we were at an away meet and the discus judge was drunk off his ass, and still drinking while the meet was going on...he passed out while leaning agins the cage and almost fell on his face....

-B

BamBam
04-28-08, 6:42 pm
1 thing could be attachment, like massman was saying. She could think that he'll eventually change.

2, you might have been put into that catagory of "friend who listens" and she just wants you as an outlet... it sucks, but that could be a reason as well.

you should ask her why, keep the discussion as level as possible, so u dont put her in an uncomfortable situation... and honestly, if you get the "i dont know" response, u'd probably be better without her as more then a friend.

True...I have been labeled as such before so wouldnt be a surprise in the end...Hmmm...We shal see though. She's going to have a "talk" with this guy to see whats going on between them and whatever...Hopefully he breaks up with her and she sees him as everyone else in her family and mine does. I pray for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Hoffdogg
04-28-08, 6:48 pm
Change is hard for anyone. It could come down to even though the relationship she is in is not ideal to her. It's comfortable right now, and changing things is stressful and takes time and energy she may not feel she has.

Help her with the transition maybe as the caring friend, if she cried when you confessed your feelings then she is aware that there could be more. Go slow, show here how good things can be.

Big Wides
04-28-08, 7:49 pm
Change is hard for anyone. It could come down to even though the relationship she is in is not ideal to her. It's comfortable right now, and changing things is stressful and takes time and energy she may not feel she has.

Help her with the transition maybe as the caring friend, if she cried when you confessed your feelings then she is aware that there could be more. Go slow, show here how good things can be.

Bingo

Big Wides
04-28-08, 7:52 pm
HAHAHA..classic...I caught a Girl's Rubber disc in the hip one time, came out of no where, she managed to release it almost directy behind her, fun times....We used to throw over the cross bar of the goal post to make sure we were releasing up and not level, more than once the crossbar was hit, scaring the shit out of anyone not paying attention...Good times, they did not allow us to throw the javlin or the hammer in Arizona, which sucked...I went to school out in the sticks, we were surrounded by cow pastures and desert, but the city schools complained that they had no "safe" place to throw these...wimps...

On time we were at an away meet and the discus judge was drunk off his ass, and still drinking while the meet was going on...he passed out while leaning agins the cage and almost fell on his face....

-B

throwing over the cross bar was a favorite drill of mine, you'd throw that bastard and thinking you've cleared when all of a sudden....BOOOM, everyone stops in their tracks while your on the ground pissing your pants. Did not have the hammer throw until college, boy that took a while to learn but once my upper body caught up wth my foot speed all was peachy. I still keep in touch with many of these dudes and female throwers from the past. One of the female throwers who did hammer and javelin is now working at the Bada Bing in Jersey

BamBam
04-28-08, 7:54 pm

Bingo

Thanks guys...this solved my dilemma...I owe you both BIG TIME!!!

Big Wides
04-29-08, 12:22 pm
Deep Thought for Today:

In any arena of life, and no matter what you are doing to be taken seriously or to gain respect make sure your head is in the right place, on top of your shoulders and not up your ass

Themostocles
04-29-08, 12:33 pm
Deep Thought for Today:

In any arena of life, and no matter what you are doing to be taken seriously or to gain respect make sure your head is in the right place, on top of your shoulders and not up your ass

Reminiscent of Jack Handy. If trees could scream would we cut them down? BUt if they screamed all the time... -T.

BamBam
04-29-08, 1:51 pm
Deep Thought for Today:

Thank you for this...I shal contemplate..

Big Wides
04-30-08, 4:40 pm
Just got word that the summer dress code for work starts tomorrow May 1st. So now its time to dust off the Gonzo shirts (Hawaiian shirts) for another round of work wear.

Yes, even big meatheads wear Hawaiian shirts, espically those who deep down inside are kinda like beach bums themselves

brandonA
04-30-08, 5:49 pm
Just got word that the summer dress code for work starts tomorrow May 1st. So now its time to dust off the Gonzo shirts (Hawaiian shirts) for another round of work wear.

Yes, even big meatheads wear Hawaiian shirts, espically those who deep down inside are kinda like beach bums themselves

I love the Hawaiian shirts, my grandpa, a native of the big island, wore one every day, was even buired in one....sadly all of mine are too small for me to wear now....time to plan a trip, cause nothing feels like the real deal....

-B

Hoffdogg
04-30-08, 5:55 pm
Nothing wrong with some Tommy Bahama man!

Big Wides
04-30-08, 6:54 pm
I love the Hawaiian shirts, my grandpa, a native of the big island, wore one every day, was even buired in one....sadly all of mine are too small for me to wear now....time to plan a trip, cause nothing feels like the real deal....

-B

your right there is nothing like the real deal and being out there, i've always said that the next time i go out there its my last since I will become a resident of the state. For me it cant be beat, sun and waves....I'm a big boater so anywhere were there is water is money (and for all you sickos out there, I'm not as far gone as Capt. Ron)

Nothing wrong with some Tommy Bahama man!

if we were allowed shorts, man it would be game, set match....productivity would be zero

Big Wides
05-08-08, 10:00 am
Ego, the motherfucker of all emotions it can either be a shield that you can hide behind or it could be that sword that you fall on causing a fatal blow to yourself. How is it that something like this can overtake one’s soul, causing many to act out in ways that are not normal for them. It can turn the shyest of individuals into fucking raging lunatics and it can do the same in reverse. Everyone has an ego, we can’t run or hide from it, but we can harness the raw energy that it gives us and put it to good use, but only use this harnessed energy only when necessary. Not while walking around pushing into people, giving them looks of death, but going after that 500lb press or squat knowing that inside you have the will to take this down and build back up on what you want to accomplish. Hell I don’t know where I would be if I didn’t listen to what was going on inside my head half the fucking time while training, I can tell you what I wouldn’t be here sitting at the frame I am, with the mindset I have each time I enter the gym. I would be something different, something so horrible that I don’t want to even imagine what it is. But we must overcome the wrongs out there, things like “You can’t do that, no way, your to small, to weak, to fucked up to even try that” and where are these coming from? Maybe from those outside pressures or people, or maybe from inside your head, self doubt, ego’s other ugly side. Use the ego the right way, shield yourself from the self doubt and conquer what lays ahead of you, blaze a trail, make your mark. Just make sure you don’t abuse it all and fall on the same sword that gave you the courage to rise up.

Cellerator65
05-08-08, 11:56 am
^ thats the truth bro... ego, so great yet so evil. I have been guilty of going from happy-go-lucky to a straight out prick... luckily now im going back to the good. I do the same thing before my lifts... today during deads, was going for a PR... inside my head, i kept saying "everyone wants to see you fail, but i wont give in" then the rage hit, and anger burst into fire... i hear that. all too well.

Toni69
05-08-08, 3:13 pm
there is an old saying about ego's....not eggo's...EGO..LOL

“Big egos are big shields for lots of empty space”

Big Wides
05-14-08, 4:02 pm
Gotta love working in Bazaro World where the Insanity Carreousel is parked outside for all to ride

eblnyc
05-14-08, 4:11 pm
Ego, the motherfucker of all emotions it can either be a shield that you can hide behind or it could be that sword that you fall on causing a fatal blow to yourself. How is it that something like this can overtake one’s soul, causing many to act out in ways that are not normal for them. It can turn the shyest of individuals into fucking raging lunatics and it can do the same in reverse. Everyone has an ego, we can’t run or hide from it, but we can harness the raw energy that it gives us and put it to good use, but only use this harnessed energy only when necessary. Not while walking around pushing into people, giving them looks of death, but going after that 500lb press or squat knowing that inside you have the will to take this down and build back up on what you want to accomplish. Hell I don’t know where I would be if I didn’t listen to what was going on inside my head half the fucking time while training, I can tell you what I wouldn’t be here sitting at the frame I am, with the mindset I have each time I enter the gym. I would be something different, something so horrible that I don’t want to even imagine what it is. But we must overcome the wrongs out there, things like “You can’t do that, no way, your to small, to weak, to fucked up to even try that” and where are these coming from? Maybe from those outside pressures or people, or maybe from inside your head, self doubt, ego’s other ugly side. Use the ego the right way, shield yourself from the self doubt and conquer what lays ahead of you, blaze a trail, make your mark. Just make sure you don’t abuse it all and fall on the same sword that gave you the courage to rise up.
very nice extra wides..your writing is getting better all the time..more people should read this..egos are starting to spread like v.d..

MassMan
05-14-08, 8:29 pm
Weed

No, I'm not talking about the shit you smoked in high school. I'm talkin about the ones that grow outside on vertually every patch of land. I was walking in the park the other day and I saw a dandelion in the woods next to a puddle in the sun. I casually stepped towards the beast and noticed its massive size. This lone dandelion must have been here for longer than I've been alive... it went about its business uninterrupted. Its growth, not hindered by any creature. This nusiance, yet magnificant plant caught my attention.

To the outside world, some regard us to a nusiance. Some dumbass even blamed us bodybuilders and powerlifters as the source of the high food prices... I went on to explain to this retard that the culprit is high gas prices. Anyways, to others, we are magnificant creatures. Those who truely value the human body and what it could look like at its full potential see the inner and outer beauty alike. To them, we are not pests, but rather, the dove, the true symbol of beauty.

This brings me to my next point. Imagine if we were left alone, undisturbed. Imagine the magnitude of our bodies' limits.... the dandelion that was left peacefully grew to mammoth proportions. The bodybuilder, one with raw determination, yes... Imagine him growing to his full potential... we must not be distracted by the outside world's bullshit. We must not be disturbed. The true limits of ourselves, we may not ever know. I choose to have none. I have no bar that measures my limits. It's either hit or miss, and in that sense, it's also all or nothing. Let's go on about our lives as weeds.....

BamBam
05-14-08, 9:07 pm
Weed

No, I'm not talking about the shit you smoked in high school. I'm talkin about the ones that grow outside on vertually every patch of land. I was walking in the park the other day and I saw a dandelion in the woods next to a puddle in the sun. I casually stepped towards the beast and noticed its massive size. This lone dandelion must have been here for longer than I've been alive... it went about its business uninterrupted. Its growth, not hindered by any creature. This nusiance, yet magnificant plant caught my attention.

To the outside world, some regard us to a nusiance. Some dumbass even blamed us bodybuilders and powerlifters as the source of the high food prices... I went on to explain to this retard that the culprit is high gas prices. Anyways, to others, we are magnificant creatures. Those who truely value the human body and what it could look like at its full potential see the inner and outer beauty alike. To them, we are not pests, but rather, the dove, the true symbol of beauty.

This brings me to my next point. Imagine if we were left alone, undisturbed. Imagine the magnitude of our bodies' limits.... the dandelion that was left peacefully grew to mammoth proportions. The bodybuilder, one with raw determination, yes... Imagine him growing to his full potential... we must not be distracted by the outside world's bullshit. We must not be disturbed. The true limits of ourselves, we may not ever know. I choose to have none. I have no bar that measures my limits. It's either hit or miss, and in that sense, it's also all or nothing. Let's go on about our lives as weeds.....

Nice...I like it....You r very wise young one!

MassMan
05-14-08, 9:19 pm
Nice...I like it....You r very wise young one!

thanks, bro. That was my first "philosophical" post in regards to bodybuilding. just here to show the world that I'm not just another meathead, but an intelligent meathead.

ironshaolin
05-14-08, 9:22 pm
Weed

and the discovery of zen. Nice post. A great reminder to everyone, be focused and disciplined. Do not let outside forces interupt what you want to accomplish.

Big Wides
05-15-08, 1:39 pm
thanks, bro. That was my first "philosophical" post in regards to bodybuilding. just here to show the world that I'm not just another meathead, but an intelligent meathead.

Preach it, and fuck the stereotype that the world has about those who lift weights and are called "meatheads" fuck that shit, only those who dont understand, are afraid of the truth, or to ignorant to want to learn about something outside there norm throw up stereotypes and they themselves become less educated than the masses in their own prejudiace (sp)

Cellerator65
05-15-08, 1:47 pm
just gotta take life how it is... if it was easy, everyone would be doing it... and i aint just talking about lifting weights and dieting... its putting up with the criticism, the haters, the wannabe's, the shit from the uneducated, people targeting you... the whole deal.

I love this thread btw, the mind is a powerful asset.

Jala_B
05-15-08, 8:04 pm
I full on agree. A woman with Black or Red Bra and G-String and Stellatos on along with a 12oz steak, baked potato, and greens on a plate in her hands when I walk in the door would do me in every single time

Have to admit, last night I cooked for my hubby in a short black skirt, stretchy tank top, and silver heels. The oldest son was home so that was they most risque I could get.

No steak though, had turkey tacos.

Big Wides
05-29-08, 12:00 pm
An Ode to the Cheesesteak:

Oh great and greasy Philly Cheeseteak with your beef piled high upon your roll, how do you do it? Your life is not as easy as some think you are enjoyed by many and used by just as easily. Those shipyard workers see you as a great start to the day enjoying your Whiz oozing down there arm, its part of a balanced breakfast however you are shit upon in the same light by that moron who uses you at 2:00 a.m. as they stumble home from the bar, defacing your grandeur with ketchup while half of you spills onto street. And what do your cousins do, the Pork Italian Rabe, The Texas Tommy, Chicken Parm, Sausage Peppers and Onions? Nothing since they are home asleep, dreaming of what their life could have been if they were on a different bun, out in the limelight, sitting in a Whiz hot tub. You’re out earning the honest buck, making those people happy with kids from 1 to 92. You know you’re the best, since you are often imitated but never duplicated, and that is why, you Philly Cheesesteak will always have a place in my stomach.

pmug0000
05-29-08, 12:02 pm

Oh great and greasy Philly Cheeseteak with your beef piled high upon your roll, how do you do it? Your life is not as easy as some think you are enjoyed by many and used by just as easily. Those shipyard workers see you as a great start to the day enjoying your Whiz oozing down there arm, its part of a balanced breakfast however you are shit upon in the same light by that moron who uses you at 2:00 a.m. as they stumble home from the bar, defacing your grandeur with ketchup while half of you spills onto street. And what do your cousins do, the Pork Italian Rabe, The Texas Tommy, Chicken Parm, Sausage Peppers and Onions? Nothing since they are home asleep, dreaming of what their life could have been if they were on a different bun, out in the limelight, sitting in a Whiz hot tub. You’re out earning the honest buck, making those people happy with kids from 1 to 92. You know you’re the best, since you are often imitated but never duplicated, and that is why, you Philly Cheesesteak will always have a place in my stomach.

That was beautiful. I can tell it was straight from the heart.

Themostocles
05-29-08, 12:21 pm
That is truly warming and heart felt... And I curse you, since I am cutting, for giving me one more craving! -T.

BigAnt
05-29-08, 12:30 pm
throwing over the cross bar was a favorite drill of mine, you'd throw that bastard and thinking you've cleared when all of a sudden....BOOOM, everyone stops in their tracks while your on the ground pissing your pants. Did not have the hammer throw until college, boy that took a while to learn but once my upper body caught up wth my foot speed all was peachy. I still keep in touch with many of these dudes and female throwers from the past. One of the female throwers who did hammer and javelin is now working at the Bada Bing in Jersey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you dot directions to that place>

McFly
05-29-08, 12:41 pm

i am sitting here in tears....oh Philly Cheesesteak i miss you

BigAnt
05-29-08, 12:43 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philly steak, damn you cheatin on your WAWA tuna hoagie?

Big Wides
05-29-08, 12:55 pm

you dot directions to that place>

no i do not but i talk to her here and there

Big Wides
05-29-08, 12:59 pm
That was beautiful. I can tell it was straight from the heart.

Thats the way to my heart, through my stomach.....food is where its at

That is truly warming and heart felt... And I curse you, since I am cutting, for giving me one more craving! -T.

All apologies, I am eating clean so it hurts me just as much as it hurts you

try writing the Ode......stomach was going nuts, tastebuds going nuts, waiting the symphony of flavors to come

G Diesel
05-29-08, 1:00 pm

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Had a double meat from Steve's Prince of Steaks the other night (when I fell off the wagon from my recent flirtation with clean eating). Damn it was good... Not Luke's but good. So where are we eating after the ABC this Saturday? Peace, G

Phil800101
05-29-08, 2:22 pm
I'm telling you boys, sometime you'll hafta try a Chitown classic, the combo. Italian beef, mozzarella and/or provolone cheese, giardiniera, all wrapped around an Italian sausage in the center, and on a delicious Milano-style bun...dipped of course. Red sauce is optional.

Big Wides
06-05-08, 1:59 pm
So last night, I was eating one of my creations flipping through the tube, when low and behold I found a lost show. No not "In Living Color," not "Cheers," or "The Flinstones," but Taxi. And over the course of watching it, I noticed a large similartiy between the characters on the show and the characters that I've passed in life and befriended. Weird how sitcoms/shows really take in all the spices of life.

And for those wondering, I am a big fan of Reverand Jim

Toni69
06-05-08, 4:23 pm

OMG..this was friggin awesome..a poet too. Who would have guessed, huh? LOL
You actually made me really crave a philly cheesesteak...I never had one you know. ;)

That pork italian rabe sounds so delish right now!

Big Wides
06-05-08, 4:32 pm
You actually made me really crave a philly cheesesteak...I never had one you know. ;)

That pork italian rabe sounds so delish right now!

You havent lived until you've had an authentic Philly Cheesesteak......and the pork Italian rabe is great, it also comes with chunks of provolone

BamBam
06-05-08, 10:07 pm
You havent lived until you've had an authentic Philly Cheesesteak......and the pork Italian rabe is great, it also comes with chunks of provolone

Hey how about we stop talking about this while I am on my diet....haha

Big Wides
06-12-08, 12:20 pm
As we know, from time to time I tend to get a little kooky every now and again....today is one of those days. The time is drawing near for Parrotheads of all ages to flock to their nearest Jimmy Buffet arenas and enjoy psuedo beach days right there in parking lots. Thats right Wides listens to Buffet, espically during the summer and at times during the winter (goes with the whole inner beach bum in me). These used to be held in nice places where one could get comfortable, of course now they are being held in grand venues that allow more people to view them but for me anyway it takes away from the whole essance of it. But what do I know....it could be a blast with all those people there, but getting back on the topic of being off-topic. The point is to relax every once and a while. No need to be running around at 100 mph all day everyday. You'll burn out, get bored, and not experience everything to its fullest.

So have that cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes, and a big kosher pickle.....you'll thank yourself for doing so

Themostocles
06-12-08, 12:27 pm
So have that cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes, and a big kosher pickle.....you'll thank yourself for doing so

I prefer some boat drinks, and shooting six holes in my freezer. -T.

G Diesel
06-12-08, 12:28 pm
As we know, from time to time I tend to get a little kooky every now and again....today is one of those days. The time is drawing near for Parrotheads of all ages to flock to their nearest Jimmy Buffet arenas and enjoy psuedo beach days right there in parking lots. Thats right Wides listens to Buffet, espically during the summer and at times during the winter (goes with the whole inner beach bum in me). These used to be held in nice places where one could get comfortable, of course now they are being held in grand venues that allow more people to view them but for me anyway it takes away from the whole essance of it. But what do I know....it could be a blast with all those people there, but getting back on the topic of being off-topic. The point is to relax every once and a while. No need to be running around at 100 mph all day everyday. You'll burn out, get bored, and not experience everything to its fullest.

Wides, I love you like a brother...

But Jimmy Buffett is the purveyor of the worst fucking music ever crafted... The only folks worse than Jimmy himself are his fans. I have a right to say this, I'm from the Jersey shore and as a native, nothing turns your stomach more than the silver haired, over tanned, beer gutted baby boomer in his Hawaiian print shirt grabbing his 20 year old waitresses' ass in the name of drunken rebelliousness. Dave Matthews fans are a close second.

I reiterate that you're my boy no matter what, but it needed to be said. No offense, looks good on you though.

Peace, G

Punisher
06-12-08, 12:33 pm

I think this is the gayest thing ive ever seen on the forum

(thats for calling me skinny)

IRBS
06-12-08, 12:35 pm

100% Truth....

Punisher
06-12-08, 12:36 pm
Is Dave Matthews the same Dave whos name ive seen all over this forum?

He does contest diets too?

G Diesel
06-12-08, 12:38 pm

Which Dave's fans use more drugs? That is the question...

Peace, G

Enforcer
06-12-08, 12:39 pm
Which Dave's fans use more drugs? That is the question...

Peace, G

That has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read.

BigAnt
06-12-08, 12:40 pm
Wides, I love you like a brother...

But Jimmy Buffett is the purveyor of the worst fucking music ever crafted... The only folks worse than Jimmy himself are his fans. I have a right to say this, I'm from the Jersey shore and as a native, nothing turns your stomach more than the silver haired, over tanned, beer gutted baby boomer in his Hawaiian print shirt grabbing his 20 year old waitresses' ass in the name of drunken rebelliousness. Dave Matthews fans are a close second.

I reiterate that you're my boy no matter what, but it needed to be said. No offense, looks good on you though.

Peace, G

Chinese Buffet!

Enforcer
06-12-08, 12:40 pm

Does Dave Matthews do a keto diet too? Or maybe an all natural herb diet?

pmug0000
06-12-08, 4:55 pm
Does Dave Matthews do a keto diet too? Or maybe an all natural herb diet?

No Dave Matthew's just eats a lot of nuts. Dave Matthew's loves the nuts.

Enforcer
06-13-08, 9:26 am
No Dave Matthew's just eats a lot of nuts. Dave Matthew's loves the nuts.

Thats def Keto

Big Wides
06-19-08, 3:36 pm
I have been noticing a lot of stupid shit latley and normally that makes me laugh cause I have either caused soemthing dumb to happen or taken matters into my own hands and be the one acutally doing the stupid thing. However this is one that makes me just cringe and makes my goatee stand on end. There all of a sudden seems to be a need to be a People Pleaser no matter where you go. Can't say this, don't do that, can't you read the sign? The infamous "Wait you can't say/do that, you'll offend someone or embarass yourself." We've all heard that phrase before and have acted accordingly to the situation at hand. More or less I have not stood by that, I go on the other side of the fence, its more fun over there. I wrote a paper in an Enviromental Ethics class that was in favor of offshore drilling for oil, was the only one who went against the tide of the class to make a point, and many other papers. What the point here is, why care about what others think of you and what you do? Why act a certain way because it is accepted by "society" as being normal. Its normal to the masses but not the indvidual. Make your own mark out there, and fuck what everyone thinks of it. You are bound to piss off people, so have some fun

Life is not a popularity contest....

Elite
06-19-08, 3:42 pm
I have been noticing a lot of stupid shit latley and normally that makes me laugh cause I have either caused soemthing dumb to happen or taken matters into my own hands and be the one acutally doing the stupid thing. However this is one that makes me just cringe and makes my goatee stand on end. There all of a sudden seems to be a need to be a People Pleaser no matter where you go. Can't say this, don't do that, can't you read the sign? The infamous "Wait you can't say/do that, you'll offend someone or embarass yourself." We've all heard that phrase before and have acted accordingly to the situation at hand. More or less I have not stood by that, I go on the other side of the fence, its more fun over there. I wrote a paper in an Enviromental Ethics class that was in favor of offshore drilling for oil, was the only one who went against the tide of the class to make a point, and many other papers. What the point here is, why care about what others think of you and what you do? Why act a certain way because it is accepted by "society" as being normal. Its normal to the masses but not the indvidual. Make your own mark out there, and fuck what everyone thinks of it. You are bound to piss off people, so have some fun

Your definately a chip off the 'ol G Diesel!

Angst
06-19-08, 3:51 pm

I completely agree, some people are so afraid of saying the wrong thing or piss off someone. Shit most people here at my college are spine less cowards who agree with anything anyone says. They don't have the courage to say "fuck that shit, that ain't me". what a bunch of tools

Cellerator65
06-19-08, 4:00 pm
live by your own code... good shit wides

BamBam
06-19-08, 4:05 pm

I agree 100% brother.

Malloy1344
06-19-08, 4:14 pm

Thats so funny Wides. I had this exact conversation with my roomate the other day. This whole new era of " softness". Everyones feelings are considered nowadays. Everyone is offended by everything. I swear people just look for a reason to cry.

I make comments and jokes at work that never go over well, but I do it anyway. I refuse to change for anyone, and that includes my employer. I agree 100% with you bro, and I know exactly what you mean.

I always said, I'd rather be an honest wise-ass than a two-faced nice guy.

Phil800101
06-19-08, 4:32 pm

Excellent point Wides, well said. I agree 100% brother.

BamBam
06-19-08, 7:12 pm
"No Matter How Much Syrup You Put on A Pile of Shit....It Is Still Going to Be A Pile of Shit!"-BAMBAM

IN IRON,
BB

widdlewade44
06-19-08, 7:46 pm
Nice post Big Wides, as you know, you've got to walk your own path.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Big Wides
06-19-08, 10:37 pm
"No Matter How Much Syrup You Put on A Pile of Shit....It Is Still Going to Be A Pile of Shit!"-BAMBAM

IN IRON,
BB

that is fucking awesome....

Big Wides
06-22-08, 7:55 pm
Well I went food shopping today here's what I picked up, this has been the norm for shopping as of late:

2 loafs Eziekal Bread
2 lbs ground bison
2 lbs ground beef (one lb 90%, one lb 93%)
6 lbs frozen chicken
1 rotariasse chicken (consumed after shopping)
2 jars natty pb
4 boxes boil in a bag brown rice
1 london broil
No taters since I have a lot to work thorugh
3 packages of leaf spinach
3 packages of frozen broc
4 heads of romaine letteuce
2 cans of Navy beans

Thats all I can think of right now.....if i can remember more i will edit this bad boy. Yes I like to eat so that one day I can be big

Angst
06-22-08, 8:56 pm
Damn, how long will all that food last?

Big Wides
06-22-08, 9:15 pm
Damn, how long will all that food last?

About 1.5-2 weeks, oh and I forgot the 2 18 packs of eggs I also bought.

BamBam
06-22-08, 9:20 pm
Well I went food shopping today here's what I picked up, this has been the norm for shopping as of late:

2 loafs Eziekal Bread
2 lbs ground bison
2 lbs ground beef (one lb 90%, one lb 93%)
6 lbs frozen chicken
1 rotariasse chicken (consumed after shopping)
2 jars natty pb
4 boxes boil in a bag brown rice
1 london broil
3 packages of leaf spinach
3 packages of frozen broc
4 heads of romaine letteuce
2 cans of Navy beans

Thats all I can think of right now.....if i can remember more i will edit this bad boy. Yes I like to eat so that one day I can be big

Thanks for the comment on my post about syrup-esque piles of dung...ALSO, the 1 rotariasse chicken...hilarious....it made my day! "Consumed after shopping"

How much all this run ya man? Where u shopping at? AND...How's Bison? never had it!

Angst
06-22-08, 9:24 pm
About 1.5-2 weeks, oh and I forgot the 2 18 packs of eggs I also bought.

If people compare their shopping list to yours, they would never ask how to get big, ever again.

Big Wides
06-22-08, 9:48 pm
Thanks for the comment on my post about syrup-esque piles of dung...ALSO, the 1 rotariasse chicken...hilarious....it made my day! "Consumed after shopping"

How much all this run ya man? Where u shopping at? AND...How's Bison? never had it!

Yeah it was one of those precooked ones you can buy, I was hungry. I tend to hit up 3 stores when I do my food shopping. I start at a Sam's Club since its the furthest away, next is a BJ's, then the final stop is a supermarket that is five minutes from where I live. When I can, I buy in bulk and freeze it, use it when I need to. The food lasts longer that way when its stored. Today that ran me about $150-200 can't remember. The bison is a great find, gotta give G the credit for getting me on that. Told me to try it, and I've been hooked ever since. Very little fat and its mighty tasty

Big Wides
06-23-08, 8:31 am
Its a sad cold day, comedic genius George Carlin died last night. The man who gave us those 7 little words that can not be said on TV will surley be missed.

naturalguy
06-23-08, 12:39 pm

Whats taters precious?

Big Wides
06-23-08, 2:01 pm
Whats taters precious?

potatoes

naturalguy
06-23-08, 2:03 pm
potatoes

I guess your not a Lord of the Rings guy

Big Wides
06-23-08, 2:09 pm

Nah, can't say that I am....have not seen any of those three movies that came out. It just adds to the list of movies that I have not seen.

naturalguy
06-23-08, 2:11 pm
Nah, can't say that I am....have not seen any of those three movies that came out. It just adds to the list of movies that I have not seen.

You need to get on that Wides. All 3 will take you over 9 hours but it's well worth it. There is a scene about "taters".

Joseb
06-23-08, 6:09 pm
LOL great movie.
is it the second one with the taters in it?

brandonA
06-23-08, 7:02 pm
potatoes

another Dan Quail fan i see..

-B

Big Wides
06-25-08, 12:23 pm
As I sit here eating meal 4, I have been playing with the idea of getting my Masters of Education Degree with Secondary Education Cert for PA. Sooner or later with the way schooling is going that a Master's Degree pretty soon will be almost of a standard to get a job. I figure why not get it in something that I would enjoy....I have the History degree so now I am at the part where I am looking into schools and seeing which ones fit into my situation with money, location (since I will not be a full-time student), options offered (on-line courses, and that fun stuff), and more importantly which one will fit my credits that I have at the undergraduate level that will carryover into the grad. work. Still in the planning stages but looking to make a move soon, gotta strike when the iron is hot.

IRBS
06-25-08, 12:53 pm
As I sit here eating meal 4, I have been playing with the idea of getting my Masters of Education Degree with Secondary Education Cert for PA. Sooner or later with the way schooling is going that a Master's Degree pretty soon will be almost of a standard to get a job. I figure why not get it in something that I would enjoy....I have the History degree so now I am at the part where I am looking into schools and seeing which ones fit into my situation with money, location (since I will not be a full-time student), options offered (on-line courses, and that fun stuff), and more importantly which one will fit my credits that I have at the undergraduate level that will carryover into the grad. work. Still in the planning stages but looking to make a move soon, gotta strike when the iron is hot.

I have thought about this as well. I have a History Degree and the shortest Route to a Teaching Cert is the Masters route. I have a cushy Gov't job right now, but it sucks and can be very boring. I can think of nothing I would enjoy more than Teahing History and Coaching....thats my dream job, believe it or not...

Its a tough decision to make for me...good money and a secure job that I have now? Or quit, go get a part time job, get my MA and teach and do something I that I would love for less money...difficult decision...

I guess it proves that it is nearly impossible to know what you want to do with your life until you are out there living it...

brandonA
06-25-08, 1:05 pm
There is such a shortage of good teachers here in Arizona, that the UofA has a fast track, one year masters program to get you your teaching cert. It is all you can do, 8-10 hrs of class a day, 5-6 days a week...I was really thinking of it when I was still in school. I have an art degree. I loved being in school, I love to learn..I will go back some day, even if it is for another BA (or BFA in my case)...but not to community college..that place was a joke...

-B

IRBS
06-25-08, 1:13 pm
There is such a shortage of good teachers here in Arizona, that the UofA has a fast track, one year masters program to get you your teaching cert. It is all you can do, 8-10 hrs of class a day, 5-6 days a week...I was really thinking of it when I was still in school. I have an art degree. I loved being in school, I love to learn..I will go back some day, even if it is for another BA (or BFA in my case)...but not to community college..that place was a joke...

-B

Yeah. My University has a similar program. Its called a 5th year program. Basically, like you said, you have a crap load of classes (Education classes and classes in your major) for 3 semesters, then Student Teaching. The problem I would have is for that one year that 1-1.5 years that I would be in school...I wouldnt be manking any money, LOL! And then the pay hit when I start teaching as well...it seems like the older you get, the less opportunity there is to do something like this...especially when married and having kids (B knows what I am talking about! LOL)

brandonA
06-25-08, 1:15 pm
Yeah. My University has a similar program. Its called a 5th year program. Basically, like you said, you have a crap load of classes (Education classes and classes in your major) for 3 semesters, then Student Teaching. The problem I would have is for that one year that 1-1.5 years that I would be in school...I wouldnt be manking any money, LOL! And then the pay hit when I start teaching as well...it seems like the older you get, the less opportunity there is to do something like this...especially when married and having kids (B knows what I am talking about! LOL)

I so know..hahahah....I dont regret the education I did get, but you always have to wonder if you had gone in another direction...And fucking grad school is expensive as hell...I am still paying on the undergrad note...

-B

Big Wides
06-25-08, 1:34 pm
The price of grad school is not cheap by any means, no matter where you look. However teaching has been something that I've always wanted to do. I have a couple of education classes under my belt but had to drop out of the program as an undergrad since I did not have the GPA to student teach. If I do plan to go this route, I know it will be challenging on all levels and will not be easy, but the reward coming from doing it and overcoming certain shit is fun.

brandonA
06-25-08, 1:45 pm
The price of grad school is not cheap by any means, no matter where you look. However teaching has been something that I've always wanted to do. I have a couple of education classes under my belt but had to drop out of the program as an undergrad since I did not have the GPA to student teach. If I do plan to go this route, I know it will be challenging on all levels and will not be easy, but the reward coming from doing it and overcoming certain shit is fun.

You can never go wrong by following your heart bro...

-B

BamBam
06-25-08, 10:15 pm

I am....lol

Shit bro, if you ever want to see any movies, send me a list, and if I have it, then I will send it to ya and let you enjoy the greatness that is kick ass movies.

You need to get on that Wides. All 3 will take you over 9 hours but it's well worth it. There is a scene about "taters".

WELLL worth it...the third is one of the baddest movies ever.

Cellerator65
06-26-08, 10:21 am
All the pleasures in life cannot compare to living your dream.

Big Wides
07-01-08, 1:31 pm
As many of us know I am a Philadelphia fan, of both sports and food. So I have been told my whole life a couple of things when it comes to sports:

1. Never ever root for the Dallas Cowboys, no matter what. Always root for their oppent even if it is the Giants
2. Root for the Giants only if they are playing for the Cowboys
3. Buddy Ryan and his prevent defense suck.
4. Nothing good sports related comes from New York.....you will hate them just as much as Dallas
5. The hoagie is a Philadelphia sandwhich, came out of the hard workers of the Hog Island Shipyard. Do not disrespect the hoagie by calling it a sub or a grinder.
6. Any team that calls themselves a New York team and plays in Jersey, is a joke. You need to play in the city your named after to be called that.
7. Devils Suck
8. Never meet the Mets or greet the Mets
9. Must show up at the parking lot at least 3 hours pregame
10. The ref is always an asshole, and it should be known to everyone that he is by chanting his new title of asshole.

I only bring this up since this weekend the Phillies play the Mets, and we all know how those series go.....a lot like those of the Flyers of the 70s....rough

naturalguy
07-01-08, 1:35 pm
I only bring this up since this weekend the Phillies play the Mets, and we all know how those series go.....a lot like those of the Flyers of the 70s....rough

Don't sing it.............................bring it. It's time for a little revenge from last years debacle.

Enforcer
07-01-08, 2:12 pm
Don't sing it.............................bring it. It's time for a little revenge from last years debacle.

Fuck yea it is bro...METS baby

Big Wides
07-01-08, 2:23 pm

Fuck yea it is bro...METS baby

We will know come the series end who is better.....Philles may be in a funk now, but infront of the home crowd....4th of July weekend. They'll be amped

McFly
07-01-08, 3:32 pm

go mets!!!!!

BigAnt
07-01-08, 3:44 pm
Remember he almost choked on a hot wing bone....

I like the Kotite days myself and also Rand. C as the gunner!

Phil800101
07-01-08, 3:46 pm
As many of us know I am a Philadelphia fan, of both sports and food. So I have been told my whole life a couple of things when it comes to sports:

1. Never ever root for the Dallas Cowboys, no matter what. Always root for their oppent even if it is the Giants
4. Nothing good sports related comes from New York.....you will hate them just as much as Dallas
5. The hoagie is a Philadelphia sandwhich, came out of the hard workers of the Hog Island Shipyard. Do not disrespect the hoagie by calling it a sub or a grinder.
6. Any team that calls themselves a New York team and plays in Jersey, is a joke. You need to play in the city your named after to be called that.
7. Devils Suck
10. The ref is always an asshole, and it should be known to everyone that he is by chanting his new title of asshole.

Is #11 something about it being ok to attack Santa Claus?

Enforcer
07-01-08, 3:46 pm
go mets!!!!!

Loving where ur heads at

Big Wides
07-01-08, 3:57 pm
Remember he almost choked on a hot wing bone....

I like the Kotite days myself and also Rand. C as the gunner!

Kotite will always live forever in Philly sports and Cunningham was the first versitle ground quarterback before it was made popular. You show me one of those hot shots that can punt the ball as far as he did.....pure athelte

Is #11 something about it being ok to attack Santa Claus?

Never attacked Santa, just threw snowballs at him, big difference

SQUAT or DIE!
07-01-08, 4:03 pm

7. Devils Suck

ok see now im offended wides, im from TX so ya know where im at for the cowboys...
But i would never disgrace a hoagie by calling it a sub... moms from jersey so i learned that early..

and i can pretty much agree for the rest of the list

Phil800101
07-01-08, 8:44 pm
Never attacked Santa, just threw snowballs at him, big difference.

Ah, good point.

BigAnt
07-01-08, 9:04 pm
[QUOTE=Big Wides;440725]Kotite will always live forever in Philly sports and Cunningham was the first versitle ground quarterback before it was made popular. You show me one of those hot shots that can punt the ball as far as he did.....pure athelte
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Cunningham played with no fear, ran head on, blazing fast spead...remember the gold tip shoe laces?

eblnyc
07-01-08, 11:03 pm

7. Devils Suck

i gotta agree with number 6..you can rep nyc unless u play in nyc or any other city for that matter..go yankees..

brandonA
07-02-08, 3:15 pm
Sports dont matter east of the Colorado River....

-B

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 3:44 pm
Sports dont matter east of the Colorado River....

-B

ok well uhh the colorado runs through TX, and ive lived on both sides and sports are kinda big down here..

brandonA
07-02-08, 4:52 pm
ok well uhh the colorado runs through TX, and ive lived on both sides and sports are kinda big down here..

intersting, i guess I ment this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_River

not this one....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_River_(Texas)

LOL....

-B

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 4:53 pm
intersting, i guess I ment this one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_River

not this one....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_River_(Texas)

LOL....

-B

ok that makes a lot more sense....

Big Wides
07-02-08, 5:11 pm
See who says this thread doesnt do anything....were talking about sports and geography at the same time....brains and braun here

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 5:14 pm
See who says this thread doesnt do anything....were talking about sports and geography at the same time....brains and braun here

exactly, i was unaware of a 2nd colorado river..... learn something new everyday

Malloy1344
07-02-08, 5:18 pm
Cowboys Fan has stumbled across this conversation..........

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 5:20 pm

me???

Big Wides
07-02-08, 5:57 pm

me???

So do you guys want the snowballs thrown at you now or later.....haha

SQUAT or DIE!
07-02-08, 6:00 pm
So do you guys want the snowballs thrown at you now or later.....haha

EEEEEKKK!! snow is cold...... no thanks..

Big Wides
07-09-08, 4:32 pm
Saw something on the news this morning about someone surfing the erupting volcano that is over in Hawaii. They interviewed the dude and all....what I have been pondering all day is what makes someone do something like this? Granted I've done some real stupid shit, but I have never fucked with Mother Nature. What some people will do for their 15 minutes

discipline24x7
07-15-08, 4:35 am
Saw something on the news this morning about someone surfing the erupting volcano that is over in Hawaii. They interviewed the dude and all....what I have been pondering all day is what makes someone do something like this? Granted I've done some real stupid shit, but I have never fucked with Mother Nature. What some people will do for their 15 minutes

I really don't know what makes someone do something like this. But I do know that like us lifters, surfers are a different breed. There's a huge and intense subculture that surrounds surfing, be it big, typhoon sized waves, the weekend warriors, and even snowboarders launching themselves down what looks to be an avalanche. I think some of these guys actually expect to die. Hell of a way to chase thrills huh?

Big Wides
07-16-08, 12:34 pm
Getting around that time of Christmas in July...yes I know another made up holiday that many people participate in (I have a lot more of these so called "holidays" that bug me). But anyway, what would you like under the Christmas in July Tree? And all dont reply with supplements....there is more than that out there.

ghost
07-16-08, 12:36 pm
Getting around that time of Christmas in July...yes I know another made up holiday that many people participate in (I have a lot more of these so called "holidays" that bug me). But anyway, what would you like under the Christmas in July Tree? And all dont reply with supplements....there is more than that out there.

um.... i guess we didnt celebrate that crap in my house. lol... what exactly is christmas in july? aside from the obvious.

McFly
07-16-08, 12:36 pm

how about a full flavor calorie free philly cheesesteak, fries and a milkshake.....hey a dieting kid can dream can't he?

eblnyc
07-16-08, 12:37 pm
we re not worthy of all this logic oversized wides...

SQUAT or DIE!
07-16-08, 12:38 pm
how about a full flavor calorie free philly cheesesteak, fries and a milkshake.....hey a dieting kid can dream can't he?

ill take 2

Big Wides
07-16-08, 12:38 pm
um.... i guess we didnt celebrate that crap in my house. lol... what exactly is christmas in july? aside from the obvious.

Didn't either in my house, picked it up when I worked down the Jersey Shore....all I can remember it was a reason to pass out gifts, get drunk, and fall off the docks.

haha, I'd be wanting the same thing if I was dieting as well

Big Wides
07-16-08, 12:41 pm
we re not worthy of all this logic oversized wides...

logic....yes something this thread lacks a lot of....lol

LittleMan55
07-16-08, 1:06 pm

ill take 2

Only 2?

SQUAT or DIE!
07-16-08, 1:20 pm
Only 2?

lol ok ok, 6.... hell id settle for one regular one... cat get cheesesteaks down here..

Big Wides
07-16-08, 1:37 pm
lol ok ok, 6.... hell id settle for one regular one... cat get cheesesteaks down here..

No cheesesteaks in Texas....damn. You poor people down there

SQUAT or DIE!
07-16-08, 1:40 pm
No cheesesteaks in Texas....damn. You poor people down there

theres one place like 4 hrs from me, the owners are from philly,and they ship the stuff down... i havent had a good cheesesteak in YEARS!!

Phil800101
07-16-08, 2:21 pm
Mmm...cheesesteaks. No authentic cheesesteak places around here that I am aware of, but we have alot going on for us in Chicago and the 'burbs when it comes to heart attack food...pizza, hot dogs, Italian Beef, the list goes on and on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you cheesesteak afficionados need to try out a true Chicago classic, the beef/sausage combo. I think you fellas would appreciate it. Most people outside of Chicagoland don't even know of its existence, but it is delicousness defined.

LittleMan55
07-16-08, 2:23 pm
Mmm...cheesesteaks. No authentic cheesesteak places around here that I am aware of, but we have alot going on for us in Chicago and the 'burbs when it comes to heart attack food...pizza, hot dogs, Italian Beef, the list goes on and on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you cheesesteak afficionados need to try out a true Chicago classic, the beef/sausage combo. I think you fellas would appreciate it. Most people outside of Chicagoland don't even know of its existence, but it is delicousness defined.

next time I'm out that way I'm picking up one of those. I had one of those deep dish pizzas from some specialty place out there (paid like an arm and a half for it) and it was amazing! So I'd say this bee/sausge thing is pretty killer too.

Phil800101
07-16-08, 2:33 pm
next time I'm out that way I'm picking up one of those. I had one of those deep dish pizzas from some specialty place out there (paid like an arm and a half for it) and it was amazing! So I'd say this bee/sausge thing is pretty killer too.

They are amazing. I described one in detail in a post in this thread some time ago...makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Big Wides
07-18-08, 3:16 pm
I remember this Denis Leary skit that he did called "Beer" and it was about how beer and the enviroment that it was drank in changed. How everything has become microbrewed (I beleive one of the lines was "Why dont you go back and microbrew me a fucking Budwieser"), beer that doesnt tasted like beer, and the trendy bars its served in. Really good skit, well the same shit has happened to gyms. We all know this and many of us live in this shit. So without further adeu...... The Big Wides Gym:

- There will be no flashy colors on the wall, floor, or on the equipment.
- Cardio will be down in the basement of this establishment, think of walking up and down the steps as a warmup
- It will have Monolifts and a strict no curling rule in effect at said Monolifts
- Racks will be in this place, but they will be inbetween the deadlift area and squat area. So to scare away those who want to full body hump a barbell trying to attempt a curl.
- No Body Humping the weights or barbells
- Dumbells would range from 5lbs up to 200lbs
- Organization will be the key to sucess, all of the main 3 lifts will have their own area, with the proper tools to preform the necessary accessory work will be there.
- 5 Reverse Hyper Machines
- There will be an area for those who want to Olympic Lift, complete with bumper plates and padded floors and walls
- Chalk will be allowed, people who dont dress properly will not be allowed
- Barbells will be plenty, ranging from Fat Bars, to Texas Power Bars, to normal bars at all ranges and rating
- Chains and bands will be there for people's use, however use them the right way or lose them (no slingshots made with the bands)
- Lots of plate loaded equipment so no one can stack a machine
- Plates will not be rubber coated, and will range from 2.5lbs to 100lb plates
- Music will be at a level that will produce enough test so that all can lift heavy
- At the juice bar, real shakes will be served along with food, anomina caps, Nose Tork, and supps
- If you dont show gym etittiqute, are a prick to others, or dont clean up the bars/equipment after your done....you lose all rights to the gym and are asked to leave

Thats my gym....which is in my mind which is another scary place altogether

LittleMan55
07-18-08, 3:22 pm
Wides sign me up for a memebership, lifetime one! That sounds like a gym that dreams are made of...

Cellerator65
07-18-08, 3:27 pm
i need to find a gym with 100lb plates

JUGGERNAUT
07-18-08, 3:37 pm
I will gladly help you set this all up.

Who would get a key? (AS IN OPEN 24 HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK)

ghost
07-18-08, 3:40 pm
I remember this Denis Leary skit that he did called "Beer" and it was about how beer and the enviroment that it was drank in changed. How everything has become microbrewed (I beleive one of the lines was "Why dont you go back and microbrew me a fucking Budwieser"), beer that doesnt tasted like beer, and the trendy bars its served in. Really good skit, well the same shit has happened to gyms. We all know this and many of us live in this shit. So without further adeu...... The Big Wides Gym:

- Cardio will be down in the basement of this establishment, think of walking up and down the steps as a warmup
- It will have Monolifts and a strict no curling rule in effect at said Monolifts
- Racks will be in this place, but they will be inbetween the deadlift area and squat area. So to scare away those who want to full body hump a barbell trying to attempt a curl.
- Organization will be the key to sucess, all of the main 3 lifts will have their own area, with the proper tools to preform the necessary accessory work will be there.
- There will be an area for those who want to Olympic Lift, complete with bumper plates and padded floors and walls
- Barbells will be plenty, ranging from Fat Bars, to Texas Power Bars, to normal bars at all ranges and rating
- Chains and bands will be there for people's use, however use them the right way or lose them (no slingshots made with the bands)
- Music will be at a level that will produce enough test so that all can lift heavy
- At the juice bar, real shakes will be served along with food, anomina caps, Nose Tork, and supps
- If you dont show gym etittiqute, are a prick to others, or dont clean up the bars/equipment after your done....you lose all rights to the gym and are asked to leave

ill move out to you, just to work there.. ill do marketing!

LittleMan55
07-18-08, 3:49 pm
i need to find a gym with 100lb plates

current gym only has 2! And people start to stare at you when you load them on the leg press machine. I doubt from the sounds of Wides place that the staring part will happen...Well maybe if your are only loading like 6 100lb plates on perside.

Big Wides
07-18-08, 3:50 pm
Wides sign me up for a memebership, lifetime one! That sounds like a gym that dreams are made of...

that it is, the end of commericalism in American gyms. Time to rise up against them

I will gladly help you set this all up.

Who would get a key? (AS IN OPEN 24 HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK)

See thats the mindset there, friendly hours for those who are willing to pay the price for what they want most

ill move out to you, just to work there.. ill do marketing!

that was easy....will have billboards up on major roads, ads in papers, flyers up. Going out to kick some bushes and shake some trees to spread the word

Big Wides
07-23-08, 2:49 pm
The little things that you do, that not only define how you’re looked upon by the world but how you look at yourself. There are many traits that the human being has, they are infinite in number and not every person has the same ones. These character builders come out sometimes at the right moment and at the wrong moment as well. We know that there are some traits that we must avoid (7 Deadly Sins) while there are others that we should embrace and share with the world, hoping that one day they will rub off on those who perpetuate traits that are not of the high quality that many have become accustom to. Just imagine if these qualities spread throughout the world like wildfire, then the world would be in utopia, but at the same time there would be no difference from one person to another. No struggles between the good and the bad, no yang for the yin, these small simple forces that keep shit together and balanced. If this was the case would the humble still stay humble, there would be no reason to since all of the pompous assholes are gone. Would the will of the people to strive to be the best still be there burning inside them since everyone would be the same? These questions may never be answered since it’s these same traits that cause so much shit in the world is what makes everything so unique and downright interesting. What really matters is by what traits that you have, dictate how you go about everything. Be it the good ones or the bad they all matter and speak volumes about the kind of person you are.

Cellerator65
07-23-08, 3:56 pm
well said

IRBS
07-23-08, 4:28 pm

I would sign up today...one day I will have this little slice of paradise...one day....

Big Wides
07-30-08, 2:33 pm
The other day I watched PCU for the first time in a long while. Let's just say it hasnt lost anything since the last time I watched it. Infact that might be Jermey Piven's best role as Droz, the leader of a band of misfits who enjoy doing fun shit. The movie though reminded me of my college days and the stupid pranks/jokes we used to pull. We had fun though, and thats what its about....no we didnt have a band called "Everyone Get's Laid", but we did throw The Pit style parties. People did object to them, they voiced their opinions about it to not only us, but other students and faculty. This just made us want to throw bigger, louder and better themed parties than before. Go against what the norm was, branch out and make a name for ourselves.....

Big Wides
08-06-08, 2:48 pm
Been thinking latley, and here are somethings that I fear, cause me to jump out of my skin, and are just overall bad voodoo:

- Regrets - dont believe in them, life is to short
- Weights - from 45lbs up to the heaviest thing alive, I fear it all since so much can happen when treated wrong. Gotta be safe when playing with plates
- Spiders - has 8 legs and can possibly kill you
- Clowns - cause I just do
- I fear going down a path that many have traveled, one that was full of promise for many indviduals but leads to nowhere because of what they encountered on that road
- A woman with a high heel in her hand
- Fear of losing
- The Dark - not when the lights go out but the unknown, the deepest regions of my psych, shit that lurks in the shadows of life. Both joy and sorrow lurk in the dark and spring out whenever they want to
- Woman throwing a high heel in my direction
- Philly - since its become the Wild West
- The future - for no one knows what it holds

Just a few simple things here, nothing major....I will overcome these to only better myself

JUGGERNAUT
08-06-08, 4:02 pm
What I fear most is thinking about the thoughts that you are thinking about and those thoughts about the fears that you have thought about.

JUGGERNAUT
08-06-08, 4:04 pm
I need to make a shake.

Big Wides
08-06-08, 4:09 pm
What I fear most is thinking about the thoughts that you are thinking about and those thoughts about the fears that you have thought about.

Said Sam I Am, I will not eat your green eggs and ham....one fish two fish, red fish blue fish

I need to make a shake.

Yes go have the mystery shake....from what I hear it makes one grow

LittleMan55
08-06-08, 4:11 pm
Said Sam I Am, I will not eat your green eggs and ham....one fish two fish, red fish blue fish

Yes go have the mystery shake....from what I hear it makes one grow

I was about to ask Juggernaut if he had turned into Dr. Suess?

I need the mystery shake recipe... Tired of being skrawny!

JUGGERNAUT
08-06-08, 4:19 pm
I was about to ask Juggernaut if he had turned into Dr. Suess?

I need the mystery shake recipe... Tired of being skrawny!

Don't listen to anything I have to say because I just was sitting here wondering why I was hungry to find I forgot my meal in the micro wave for almost 3 hours. I'm sitting here with it now and the mystery shake. One of my bros in the kitchen saw all the layers the shake had and asked me if I was a bartender. He said if I was, he was not ever drinking in that place. FEAR THE SHAKE WIDES!

LittleMan55
08-06-08, 4:21 pm
Don't listen to anything I have to say because I just was sitting here wondering why I was hungry to find I forgot my meal in the micro wave for almost 3 hours. I'm sitting here with it and the mystery shake. One of my bros in the kitchen saw all the layers the shake had and asked me if I was a bartender. He said if I was, he was not ever drinking in that place. FEAR THE SHAKE WIDES!

left food for 3 hours? hell i never forget about food for 3 minutes... LMAO!

I FEAR NO SHAKE! Layers though? Dear lord!

JUGGERNAUT
08-06-08, 4:29 pm
left food for 3 hours? hell i never forget about food for 3 minutes... LMAO!

I FEAR NO SHAKE! Layers though? Dear lord!

I have more layers in my shake than there are layers used in photoshop to make an ugly girl look hot on your myspace page that you are always hitting on...

As for the 3 hours without food, it would be a bigger deal to me if it was eating that helps me grow.

LittleMan55
08-06-08, 4:45 pm
IAs for the 3 hours without food, it would be a bigger deal to me if it was eating that helps me grow.

I apparently have much to learn...

JUGGERNAUT
08-06-08, 5:01 pm
I apparently have much to learn...

You will learn from Wides, not me. Do what I do and you will be small amd weak. I'm only starting to get serious.

LittleMan55
08-06-08, 5:06 pm
You will learn from Wides, not me. Do what I do and you will be small amd weak. I'm only starting to get serious.

Trust me I'm sure I will learn a lot from both of you...

JUGGERNAUT
08-06-08, 5:33 pm
Trust me I'm sure I will learn a lot from both of you...

Thank you, if I mess with yah I'm just kinding.

Hey WIDES! Where are you? It's your thread not mine haha See you in the land of heavy shoulder presses for reps tonight!

mcbeast
08-06-08, 5:40 pm
I like your gym idea brotha & we have similar feels.Though i would add "losing the ones i love" and take out "Philly - since its become the Wild West"

Hope all is well.

Big Wides
08-06-08, 5:42 pm
Thank you, if I mess with yah I'm just kinding.

Hey WIDES! Where are you? It's your thread not mine haha See you in the land of heavy shoulder presses for reps tonight!

I was cooking food...since I am hungry. heavy presses indeed

Big Wides
08-06-08, 5:43 pm
I like your gym idea brotha & we have similar feels.Though i would add "losing the ones i love" and take out "Philly - since its become the Wild West"

Hope all is well.

the fear of loss includes those that you love, those who have removed themselves from your life, and shit that just sticks a knife in you

mcbeast
08-06-08, 5:47 pm
the fear of loss includes those that you love, those who have removed themselves from your life, and shit that just sticks a knife in you
Indeed.

Big Wides
08-22-08, 12:20 pm
Being big, what does this mean? Yeah in a sense we all want to be big, fucking huge freaks that strike fear into others. Making a 2XL shirt look like something that a 150lb dude wears out to a club, got arms that just ooze testertone and a full fledged beard that would even make Grizzly Adams shit his pants. As you walk around people tremble at you, women and children hide, buffets put up “Sorry We are Closed” signs but one thing people don’t see is what is under this exterior. Inside lies a person whose heart is bigger than his physique could ever be…..being Big is not about the physique but what you do when the shit hits the fan. Holding it all together when a loved one is crying in your arms as you tell them “everything is going be fine” or going out of your way to mend something that was once you thought was a lost cause, and fixing what you did. Righting your wrongs that you might have caused along the way, gathering up the strength to walk into a foreign place that you swore up and down you’d never go, and stride in there with pride and seeing the faces of those in this place light up, faces that were once filled with sorrow are now filled with joy. Just simply overcoming any of the fears you have will accomplish more than anything you will do in the gym, some of us have walked down these different paths of life and have become “battle hardened” so to speak. Battle tested in ways we couldn’t even dream of being tested but came out on top, better and bigger than before. Being big is not about the squats, the deads, the presses, the curls…..it’s about overcoming obstacles, its about holding your ground when everything seems lost because someone out there is holding onto your actions/words/deeds and how you react. Be smart about it, be BIG, cause it means a lot to those out there…….

JUGGERNAUT
08-22-08, 12:30 pm
Good read and the importance of what you said is great. More is on our plate than we sometimes realize too.

Cellerator65
08-22-08, 12:35 pm
damn, great post wides

Phil800101
08-22-08, 10:26 pm
Well said bro, very true.

Big Wides
09-05-08, 12:21 pm
"Shit, piss, fuck, %^nt, c*@ksucker, motherfucker and tits" - George Carlin

According to George those were the 7 words that would stop the Earth's rotation and cause a breakdown in society. He was correct in that, being if you called anyone one of those compound words, all hell would break loose. This was the first skit I heard from the late George Carlin and was pulled into his comedy. Was it these 7 words that you couldnt say on TV (and I later found out you couldnt say them in school either), or the fact that when he stepped on stage he didnt give a fuck what came out of his mouth or if he offended anyone. Who knows what it was, but he made the unconvential convential. If that makes any sense to anyone....if it doesnt well then in simpler terms the weird shit perceived by the masses was made into normal shit for him. Then enter the era of censorship when everything had to be "cleaned" up for everyone, and what did George do, he pissed all over what the said and used it in his standup. So that motherfucker just took everything that was being thrown at him and used it to make people laugh. What a genius, its a shame he had to pass but like all good things they must come to an end.

I will say I did try to fit in all of the 7 words in the body of what I wrote (only fit 4 in), however I can't be that smart on a Friday.....so to all enjoy the weekend.

JUGGERNAUT
09-05-08, 12:31 pm
I think we fit in the 7x4 at Globo all the time without strain...

Big Wides
09-26-08, 10:11 am
Today's Logic......

You are only as strong as your back and your will, and are only as thick as your skin.

Big Wides
10-07-08, 1:22 pm
Here is something that has really been buggin me recently....the complete abomination of the English language by today's society. This is something we can't avoid since, from the sounds of America's youth they no longer teach grammar, spelling, how to write a sentence or actually speak the fucking language. These future leaders of America have caused such a clusterfuck with how they communicate it bothers me. Granted sometimes I will bust out the occasional "lol" on the board here but this is the only place I do. Not in a public sense, while having a conversation with another human being. I overheard this alphabet soup conversation while looking for the new Metallica CD and some Iron Madien:

Person A - omg, wtf
Person B - lol
Person A - i know, what where they thinking (finally something I understand)
Person B - stfu you know nothing

Well apparently both of you know shit since you can't speak English, granted there was one sentence in English....doesnt matter. I think that the cavemen had a more deveolped sense of communication with their "ugs" and chest bumps. And their writings are just as bad, if not worse cause sometimes it looks like a four legged animal walks over the keyboard or they mash it with their tiny hands. Don't know what it is or who to blame, maybe the Internet, possibly the schools and their new English books, or even the kids for allowing themselves to become this (eventually we all have to take the heat for our actions).....whoever is to blame please lets try and speak a little fucking English out there, it makes the world a better place and think of all the fun shit we can say when we use our words. "Wow, that was fucking heavy" sounds a hell of a lot cooler than "omg, stfu you ahole, g2g"

McFly
10-07-08, 1:36 pm
Here is something that has really been buggin me recently....the complete abomination of the English language by today's society. This is something we can't avoid since, from the sounds of America's youth they no longer teach grammar, spelling, how to write a sentence or actually speak the fucking language. These future leaders of America have caused such a clusterfuck with how they communicate it bothers me. Granted sometimes I will bust out the occasional "lol" on the board here but this is the only place I do. Not in a public sense, while having a conversation with another human being. I overheard this alphabet soup conversation while looking for the new Metallica CD and some Iron Madien:

Person A - omg, wtf
Person B - lol

Well apparently both of you know shit since you can't speak English, granted there was one sentence in English....doesnt matter. I think that the cavemen had a more deveolped sense of communication with their "ugs" and chest bumps. And their writings are just as bad, if not worse cause sometimes it looks like a four legged animal walks over the keyboard or they mash it with their tiny hands. Don't know what it is or who to blame, maybe the Internet, possibly the schools and their new English books, or even the kids for allowing themselves to become this (eventually we all have to take the heat for our actions).....whoever is to blame please lets try and speak a little fucking English out there, it makes the world a better place and think of all the fun shit we can say when we use our words. "Wow, that was fucking heavy" sounds a hell of a lot cooler than "omg, stfu you ahole, g2g"

OMG WTF LMFAO @ ^ ^^

BIG WIDES FTW

LittleMan55
10-07-08, 1:39 pm
WTH Wides... That post was OTFH! Sorry I had to do that because the door was open. I notice this problem all the time, and it pisses me off too! It may be allowable in internet or text message land, but keep it there. If your going to talk do so we have words for a reason people. Great post!

Great choice of music too! New Metallica CD kicks ass!

Cellerator65
10-07-08, 2:02 pm
i've never heard someone actually say "o-m-g" in letter form, thats just terrible.

I blame AOL, text messaging, online computer games (massive multi player ones), and laziness.

Big Wides
10-07-08, 3:13 pm
OMG WTF LMFAO @ ^ ^^

BIG WIDES FTW

I'm sorry I don't understand your pig latin.....what the hell does that mean?

WTH Wides... That post was OTFH! Sorry I had to do that because the door was open. I notice this problem all the time, and it pisses me off too! It may be allowable in internet or text message land, but keep it there. If your going to talk do so we have words for a reason people. Great post!

Great choice of music too! New Metallica CD kicks ass!

words is what makes everything enjoyable.....they're verbal thoughts

i've never heard someone actually say "o-m-g" in letter form, thats just terrible.

I blame AOL, text messaging, online computer games (massive multi player ones), and laziness.

I mean yes we could blame what you mentioned.....but dont you think there are people at fault here who allowed this type of "langauge" to go on without correction?

IRBS
10-07-08, 3:40 pm

Person A - omg, wtf
Person B - lol

I have no idea what half the abbreviations I see, here or on other forums, even mean. LOL is about the only one I know....morons...

Phil800101
10-08-08, 3:53 am
Right on Wides!

G Diesel
10-08-08, 12:12 pm
Good for you, Wides... Put your foot down my brother. I too avoid using that "leet speak" abbreviation bullshit as much as possible. Besides, when was the last time someone actually "laughed out loud" when they typed that shit? Peace, G

Big Wides
10-16-08, 11:17 am
Well finally the team with the most losses out of any professional team in all the leagues has brought the pennant back to the City of Brotherly Love....thats right the Phils took it all last night. First time since 1993 (oh what a team that was), many "intellegant" fans and residants took to the streets and had fun. Nothing major happened, no cars on fire, no riots, no people trying to ring the Liberty Bell, nothing that Philadelphia fans do came out last night (saving that for the World Series)......I personally would like to see a Philly/Boston World Series just for kicks, but those Beantowners need to come back strong. So till the start of the World Series, I like many other fans of the starving city without a championship will wait just a little longer till the end of October to finally get that monkey off our back

Cellerator65
10-16-08, 11:52 am
if westbrook stays healthy after the bye... you might be in line for 2 championships. But dont get your hopes up haha.

Big Wides
10-16-08, 4:20 pm
if westbrook stays healthy after the bye... you might be in line for 2 championships. But dont get your hopes up haha.

First rule of being a Philadelphia Sports Fan....never get your hopes up. It is true we are the most loyal fans but at the same time we are very pestimistic

JUGGERNAUT
10-16-08, 4:28 pm
First rule of being a Philadelphia Sports Fan....never get your hopes up. It is true we are the most loyal fans but at the same time we are very pestimistic

Include that you can't dis a cheesesteak there or you will be faced with angry Philladelphians, it's all about the WIZ.

Big Wides
10-17-08, 12:10 pm
Include that you can't dis a cheesesteak there or you will be faced with angry Philladelphians, it's all about the WIZ.

Nobody or nothing can beat the WIZ

SQUAT or DIE!
10-18-08, 2:03 am
Nobody or nothing can beat the WIZ

ok so ive had real philly cheesesteaks, but never with the wiz, sounds pretty good... so who wants to send me one???

BamBam
10-19-08, 9:31 pm
I don't know if this has been debated or asked.....but.... How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if said woodchuck could in fact chuck wood?

SQUAT or DIE!
10-19-08, 9:43 pm
I don't know if this has been debated or asked.....but.... How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if said woodchuck could in fact chuck wood?

as much wood as said woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood..

Big Wides
10-22-08, 12:52 pm

If said woodchuck is a beast, then its proportinate to the ratio of protein and carbs that is taken in to surplus the woodchucking so that the woodchuck can get his "swole" on to piss off the other woodchucks, thus making him the king

JUGGERNAUT
10-22-08, 1:24 pm
If said woodchuck is a beast, then its proportinate to the ratio of protein and carbs that is taken in to surplus the woodchucking so that the woodchuck can get his "swole" on to piss off the other woodchucks, thus making him the king

Bottom line... if the woodchuck could chuck down some Animal Test it's potential for out- chucking the hell out of the other girly-man wus chucks, not being able to chuck their way out of a woodchucks manufactured-for-woodchucks woodchuck bag.

Cellerator65
10-22-08, 1:31 pm
Bottom line... if the woodchuck could chuck down some Animal Test it's potential for out- chucking the hell out of the other girly-man wus chucks, not being able to chuck their way out of a woodchucks manufactured-for-woodchucks woodchuck bag.

that woodchuck would definatly be an Animal... no pun intended

McFly
10-23-08, 12:18 pm
question:

you eat ground bison and beef regularly Mr. Wides....why is bison called bison and cow called beef???

SQUAT or DIE!
10-23-08, 12:28 pm
question:

you eat ground bison and beef regularly Mr. Wides....why is bison called bison and cow called beef???

because Wides said it so it is so...

Big Wides
10-23-08, 12:36 pm
question:

Well beacuse the bison (or the Mighty American Buffalo) and Bessy the Cow are two different animals. It is common in the language of many cultures that when you say "beef" it refers to the cow, they can be easily mass produced. The bison on the other hand is a unqiue blend of flavors and nutrients that only mother nature can produce (they have to be free range).

Now if you want to get into fat content good old Bessy is a lard ass compared to the bison, but the bison has on average 25 - 30% more protein then Bessy (therefore its more jacked). So if you eat more animals that are jacked, in theory you will become jacked.

SQUAT or DIE!
10-23-08, 12:39 pm
Well beacuse the bison (or the Mighty American Buffalo) and Bessy the Cow are two different animals. It is common in the language of many cultures that when you say "beef" it refers to the cow, they can be easily mass produced. The bison on the other hand is a unqiue blend of flavors and nutrients that only mother nature can produce (they have to be free range).

Now if you want to get into fat content good old Bessy is a lard ass compared to the bison, but the bison has on average 25 - 30% more protein then Bessy (therefore its more jacked). So if you eat more animals that are jacked, in theory you will become jacked.

agreed all around.. BUT since bessy is cheaper you can buy more and eat more and possible become as jacked/ more so than if you ate bisnon?