PDA

View Full Version : Widesian Logic

Pages : [1] 2 3

Big Wides
03-27-08, 1:16 pm
This will be a place to ponder the great mysteries of a lot of things, like the concept of why people have tons of shoes but can only wear two at a time? Or how to rig certain pieces of gym equipment to make what you need, and my general thoughts (queue up the circus music).....I will also have some other posts in here that will not be all fun and games, but for the most part it will be a fun time here. More of a glimpse into how my mind works.

Toni69
03-27-08, 1:20 pm
Im sooooo likin where this is goin...Im in! hey, and watch the shoes comments...cause Im a shoes gal all the way! ;)

IRBS
03-27-08, 1:25 pm
LOL, this should be interesting. I agree with you on the shoe issue...my wife has 8079597012643781246319045y901285712095712957120945 129051290501926590126501924650129561290456 pairs of shoes but only manages to wear 1 pair at a time...funny how that works...

Malloy1344
03-27-08, 1:27 pm
I'm in!! Can't wait to hear some Widesian logic!

Toni69
03-27-08, 1:28 pm
LOL, this should be interesting. I agree with you on the shoe issue...my wife has 8079597012643781246319045y901285712095712957120945 129051290501926590126501924650129561290456 pairs of shoes but only manages to wear 1 pair at a time...funny how that works...

this is because there is a time and place for the right pair of shoes! We think ahead when we buy shoes! ugh! men will never understand will they? LOL

IRBS
03-27-08, 1:33 pm
this is because there is a time and place for the right pair of shoes! We think ahead when we buy shoes! ugh! men will never understand will they? LOL

LOL, no, we will not...

brandonA
03-27-08, 1:36 pm

Not to hi-jack Wide's thread, but I dont understand why they wear them when they make there feet hurts so damn bad all the time? I just dont get it.....

-B

Big Wides
03-27-08, 1:40 pm

and thats why its one of those eternal mysteries that will never be solved.....to me shoes have a purpose which is why the ones I own have their place in what i do. Work shoes for work, sneakers for gym and boots for doing work and they are mighty comfy. Now heels and the like on the other hand have a purpose as well, let it me a throwing/stabbing tool, to make one appear taller, or a way to get your significant other carry you up the steps because your feet hurt (speaking from experience). And those other boots with the fur on them being worn in the summer, my question is why? I dont think your going to be scaling Everest or looking for the Yeti in July. But what do I know, I just lift weights

Toni69
03-27-08, 1:43 pm
Not to hi-jack Wide's thread, but I dont understand why they wear them when they make there feet hurts so damn bad all the time? I just dont get it.....

-B

because they look good! who cares if they dont fit...let me say this. If Im shoe shopping and I see a pair of Jimmy Choo's or Manolo's on sale and they are too small for me..Im still buying them and I will wear them...I dont care if my feet hurt in them. This is what we do...when I size up a woman..I look at her shoes first!

G Diesel
03-27-08, 1:51 pm
Yeah Wides, but fine women should have nice shoes... You have to accessorize, it is 2008. If a girl is hot and has no style, she loses major points. Gotta have some flavor.

As for shoes, I like sneakers and I always have. Maybe it was from growing up in Jersey or playing hoop. I dunno. I know Big Ant likes kicks too so tread carefully. Haha. Peace, G

Big Wides
03-27-08, 1:59 pm
Yeah Wides, but fine women should have nice shoes... You have to accessorize, it is 2008. If a girl is hot and has no style, she loses major points. Gotta have some flavor.

As for shoes, I like sneakers and I always have. Maybe it was from growing up in Jersey or playing hoop. I dunno. I know Big Ant likes kicks too so tread carefully. Haha. Peace, G

I hear you on this, shoes was only an example and plus who am I to talk about fashion, I still rock the Zubaz from time to time

G Diesel
03-27-08, 2:01 pm
I hear you on this, shoes was only an example and plus who am I to talk about fashion, I still rock the Zubaz from time to time

Zubaz gotta be comfortable though. They remind me of the kids in college who went to class in pajama pants... What the fuck was that about? Peace, G

Enforcer
03-27-08, 2:04 pm
Big Wides we need to now change your Forvm name to Big Widesadamus

Enforcer
03-27-08, 2:06 pm
and thats why its one of those eternal mysteries that will never be solved.....to me shoes have a purpose which is why the ones I own have their place in what i do. Work shoes for work, sneakers for gym and boots for doing work and they are mighty comfy. Now heels and the like on the other hand have a purpose as well, let it me a throwing/stabbing tool, to make one appear taller, or a way to get your significant other carry you up the steps because your feet hurt (speaking from experience). And those other boots with the fur on them being worn in the summer, my question is why? I dont think your going to be scaling Everest or looking for the Yeti in July. But what do I know, I just lift weights

The boots with the fur you are referring to are Ugz. What about stellatos Wides? What is your take on them?

Malloy1344
03-27-08, 2:08 pm
My Ex girlfriend used to always say " do you like my shoes" and I just gave the standard response " yes" without even looking, LOL. Girls and their shoes, its insane! Gotta say I'm a sucker for a girl in black high heels tho.

ghost
03-27-08, 2:08 pm
Wides, definitely subbed for this ride brother.!

G Diesel
03-27-08, 2:10 pm
What about stellatos Wides? What is your take on them?

I'm in favor of them, especially for housework. Peace, G

widdlewade44
03-27-08, 2:10 pm
Subbed and looking for the wisdom brother, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Big Wides
03-27-08, 2:17 pm
Zubaz gotta be comfortable though. They remind me of the kids in college who went to class in pajama pants... What the fuck was that about? Peace, G

No idea there, maybe trying to set a new fashion statement or be comfortable while they slept in class, I was always amazed by those who wore shorts in 20 degree weather with 3 feet of snow outside

The boots with the fur you are referring to are Ugz. What about stellatos Wides? What is your take on them?

stellatos hurt like hell when your poked with them, but it was a fun time watching girls in college on a Friday or Saturday night trying to walk in them

Enforcer
03-27-08, 2:17 pm

I full on agree. A woman with Black or Red Bra and G-String and Stellatos on along with a 12oz steak, baked potato, and greens on a plate in her hands when I walk in the door would do me in every single time

G Diesel
03-27-08, 2:19 pm
No idea there, maybe trying to set a new fashion statement or be comfortable while they slept in class, I was always amazed by those who wore shorts in 20 degree weather with 3 feet of snow outside

That is straight up South Jersey bro... Shorts and flip flops in mid-January. Never made sense to me either. Peace, G

Malloy1344
03-27-08, 2:19 pm
I full on agree. A woman with Black or Red Bra and G-String and Stellatos on along with a 12oz steak, baked potato, and greens on a plate in her hands when I walk in the door would do me in every single time

+1

firsthorseman97
03-27-08, 2:21 pm

Hey E, why only a 12 oz. steak? If this is a fanatasy, think BIG!

Enforcer
03-27-08, 2:26 pm
Hey E, why only a 12 oz. steak? If this is a fanatasy, think BIG!

good call bro- ok 24oz.

McFly
03-27-08, 2:35 pm
OH DAMN this is going to be a good thread......let's see, so far we have talk of:

1. big wides
2. heals
3. large steaks

hmmmmm LOL jk

BigAnt
03-27-08, 2:45 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah--G and I had this conversation at the Arnold....For me..is and was always NIKES!
Now into the Shox!

Gotta get my fix every now and than, but I get all mine on sale!

Women's shoes...me speaking---JUST ME---I can relate....It is not the 7 pair of black heels that you see, it is the 7 pairs that have a flat-mid-high-wedge heel...close toe-open-toe-sling back...gotta "special" pair for every outfit!

No harm in treating yourself for new kicks...makes you feel good, especially if you work hard for the $

For me it is hats/caps-sneakers-watches.....my vice(s)---and old gym equipment!

Toni69
03-27-08, 3:57 pm

OMG! you did not go there G! LOL....Im not saying a word! zippin my lips!

Malloy1344
03-27-08, 4:01 pm
Toni is upset, LOL. Ut oh...

Big Wides
03-27-08, 4:05 pm
No one is allowed to get upset here, its a fun place to have fun.....there I made a rule here haha

Malloy1344
03-27-08, 4:06 pm
Haha...the rules have been laid out.

Toni69
03-27-08, 4:07 pm
Im not upset..this is friggin hilarious. I didnt realize you guys were so consumed with the shoe thing...LOL

I was actually really bad with buying shoes at one point. It would be like a pair a week and Im talking expensive shoes now. Im a bit more controlled now but Im as bad, or maybe worse then Carrie from Sex in the City. I know you guys know who Im talking about...cause if ya gotta girl..you know all about the HBO series sex in the city.

G Diesel
03-27-08, 4:09 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah--G and I had this conversation at the Arnold....For me..is and was always NIKES!
Now into the Shox!

Gotta get my fix every now and than, but I get all mine on sale!

Women's shoes...me speaking---JUST ME---I can relate....It is not the 7 pair of black heels that you see, it is the 7 pairs that have a flat-mid-high-wedge heel...close toe-open-toe-sling back...gotta "special" pair for every outfit!

No harm in treating yourself for new kicks...makes you feel good, especially if you work hard for the $

For me it is hats/caps-sneakers-watches.....my vice(s)---and old gym equipment!

That is a lot of information right there fellas... Take notes. Peace, G

Big Wides
03-27-08, 4:11 pm
I will leave you all with this to ponder till tomorrow:

If (A implies B) and (C implies A), therefore C implies B

Enforcer
03-27-08, 4:12 pm
No one is allowed to get upset here, its a fun place to have fun.....there I made a rule here haha

Big Widesadamus has spoken

McFly
03-28-08, 8:06 am

PROOF

\x1 -> \x2 -> \x3 -> x1 (x2 x3)

i think that looks right.....it's been a while...

Thrawn
03-28-08, 8:15 am
This thread is too good to pass up. I will enjoy this ride.

Lowdown5
03-28-08, 8:25 am
This will be a place to ponder the great mysteries of a lot of things, like the concept of why people have tons of shoes but can only wear two at a time? Or how to rig certain pieces of gym equipment to make what you need, and my general thoughts (queue up the circus music).....I will also have some other posts in here that will not be all fun and games, but for the most part it will be a fun time here. More of a glimpse into how my mind works.

Oh hell no, you did not cross the shoe line!!

I have about 75 pairs of Nikes (a much better habit then onew from the past) Even though I can only wear one pair at a time Mr Wides, I make sure to rotate them to keep them looking fresh. Plus, have you ever stuck your nose deep into a brand new pair of Nikes?? Man that smell is like new car smell, it is exciting, so good. So don't go bashing us shoe aficeanados. We have class and style Bro, cross the line again and I may have to get angry!!

LOL

Enforcer
03-28-08, 8:27 am

Big Wides, you have a lil too much time on ur hands- we need to get you a woman

McFly
03-28-08, 8:32 am
Oh hell no, you did not cross the shoe line!!

I have about 75 pairs of Nikes (a much better habit then onew from the past) Even though I can only wear one pair at a time Mr Wides, I make sure to rotate them to keep them looking fresh. Plus, have you ever stuck your nose deep into a brand new pair of Nikes?? Man that smell is like new car smell, it is exciting, so good. So don't go bashing us shoe aficeanados. We have class and style Bro, cross the line again and I may have to get angry!!

LOL

HAHA I have a slight Puma addiction myself, I can't go to the puma store without walking out with at least two pairs, seriously I can't just buy one pair. my sneaker collection will rival most women’s shoe closets, add my fine leather shoes and my red gator shoes and I'll top most of them!!! my next house will actually have a wardrobe room with two walk-in shoe closets, I have the design already laid out!

Big Wides
03-28-08, 8:32 am
PROOF

\x1 -> \x2 -> \x3 -> x1 (x2 x3)

i think that looks right.....it's been a while...

in math, you are correct kind sir, however I am going for a logic answer (Aristole)

Big Wides, you have a lil too much time on ur hands- we need to get you a woman

was using it as a segway.....

McFly
03-28-08, 8:38 am
in math, you are correct kind sir, however I am going for a logic answer (Aristole)

UGH, I'm a math nerd, I dropped Philosophy as i always argued some off the wall perspective instead of agreeing with what's been said for the past 10 billion years.

Lowdown5
03-28-08, 8:56 am
HAHA I have a slight Puma addiction myself, I can't go to the puma store without walking out with at least two pairs, seriously I can't just buy one pair. my sneaker collection will rival most women’s shoe closets, add my fine leather shoes and my red gator shoes and I'll top most of them!!! my next house will actually have a wardrobe room with two walk-in shoe closets, I have the design already laid out!

My old house had a beautiful huge walk in with built in oak show racks, it was nice. In the house we live in now I have all my shoes in our guest room closet. They are all in there own spot and there is only room for about 10 more pairs so I have to decide carefully. I have some Nikes that are 10 years old and look brand new!

Enforcer
03-28-08, 8:57 am

was using it as a segway.....

Nice bro...nice

Big Wides
03-28-08, 9:19 am

Yes I am quoting myself, much like talking in the third person.....here are the varibles:

A.Wides meets Mooch they become friends
B.Mooch unknowingly teaches Wides what it means to be alive
C.Wides approaches life with a different outlook and understanding because of friendship

Here is how it works:

The meeting between me and my friend Macharia Yout occurred when I was young and stupid at the ripe old age of 19 thought I was ready to take on the world, boy was I fucking wrong. I had no idea who this person was at the time, I just saw him as another skinny distance runner, knew nothing about him or where he came from. As time went on, I was in the coach’s office bullshitting with them, when in walks Macharia. The head coach goes to me, “Do you know who this is and what his story is?” I replied no and this person who was a stranger to me came down next to me and we started talking. He spoke broken English for his native language I think is Swahili, and at first we talked about normal shit. The ice was broken between us; the first attempt to getting to know somebody and learn about them is to just talk. So as the days turned into weeks, we got more into the season and as it did the team started to bond more, we were a bunch of young punks who knew nothing, except one of us. Macharia spoke to the team as a whole, about his ordeals of being one of the Lost Boys of the Sudan, how his village while under attack put the future of their families to the wilderness in hopes that they would survive. As this group of strong individuals walked across Africa, avoiding all sorts of wildlife, disease, weather, and starvation the hope of finding peace kept them going. Long story short, the remaining Lost Boys were flown to the United States and majority of them called Philadelphia home went to school there to get an education. Upon hearing this, I was intrigued at what this young man had been through in the early stages of his life, how he overcame more than what I could even process. As the years passed we became closer friends, watching out for each other in classes, grubbin after practices and the like. Well after my eligibility was over, a group of us sat down with our head coach, we knew that his family had to still be alive in Africa, we held out hope.

Well, this past fall ESPN did a documentary on Macharia, going through his life story, but they took it one step further and took him back to his village, he said it is just like he remembered it, but the best thing about it was he was reunited with his mother. She did not know if he was alive or dead, he later told me that next to becoming an American citizen it was the greatest thing to happen to him. I was proud for him, we all were proud of him. So in light of this, the same group that sat down earlier decided that we would start up a cause to help not only Macharia’s remaining family but the whole village that he grew up in, to move them to better living conditions so that they could enjoy life without fear. This cause is called the Sorghum Fields Project, it is something that I take seriously along with many others whom this person has touched, and I know he has made a tremendous impact on how I look at life and approach it, brings a whole new meaning to what the human spirit is capable of and what it can achieve. Many people do stuff like this for publicity or to spread there name around, fuck that shit. You should do this because you believe in the fucking cause, I do believe in the cause. Macharia opened my eyes to a world I did not know existed, I am forever in his debt for that, for helping shape me into what I am today a better person in life. Thank you for listening……

Lowdown5
03-28-08, 9:22 am
Yes I am quoting myself, much like talking in the third person.....here are the varibles:

C.Wides approaches life with a different outlook and understanding because of friendship

Here is how it works:

The meeting between me and my friend Macharia Yout occurred when I was young and stupid at the ripe old age of 19 thought I was ready to take on the world, boy was I fucking wrong. I had no idea who this person was at the time, I just saw him as another skinny distance runner, knew nothing about him or where he came from. As time went on, I was in the coach’s office bullshitting with them, when in walks Macharia. The head coach goes to me, “Do you know who this is and what his story is?” I replied no and this person who was a stranger to me came down next to me and we started talking. He spoke broken English for his native language I think is Swahili, and at first we talked about normal shit. The ice was broken between us; the first attempt to getting to know somebody and learn about them is to just talk. So as the days turned into weeks, we got more into the season and as it did the team started to bond more, we were a bunch of young punks who knew nothing, except one of us. Macharia spoke to the team as a whole, about his ordeals of being one of the Lost Boys of the Sudan, how his village while under attack put the future of their families to the wilderness in hopes that they would survive. As this group of strong individuals walked across Africa, avoiding all sorts of wildlife, disease, weather, and starvation the hope of finding peace kept them going. Long story short, the remaining Lost Boys were flown to the United States and majority of them called Philadelphia home went to school there to get an education. Upon hearing this, I was intrigued at what this young man had been through in the early stages of his life, how he overcame more than what I could even process. As the years passed we became closer friends, watching out for each other in classes, grubbin after practices and the like. Well after my eligibility was over, a group of us sat down with our head coach, we knew that his family had to still be alive in Africa, we held out hope.

Well, this past fall ESPN did a documentary on Macharia, going through his life story, but they took it one step further and took him back to his village, he said it is just like he remembered it, but the best thing about it was he was reunited with his mother. She did not know if he was alive or dead, he later told me that next to becoming an American citizen it was the greatest thing to happen to him. I was proud for him, we all were proud of him. So in light of this, the same group that sat down earlier decided that we would start up a cause to help not only Macharia’s remaining family but the whole village that he grew up in, to move them to better living conditions so that they could enjoy life without fear. This cause is called the Sorghum Fields Project, it is something that I take seriously along with many others whom this person has touched, and I know he has made a tremendous impact on how I look at life and approach it, brings a whole new meaning to what the human spirit is capable of and what it can achieve. Many people do stuff like this for publicity or to spread there name around, fuck that shit. You should do this because you believe in the fucking cause, I do believe in the cause. Macharia opened my eyes to a world I did not know existed, I am forever in his debt for that, for helping shape me into what I am today a better person in life. Thank you for listening……

Incredible Jim, absolutely incredible. How can I or we help the Sorghum Fields Project?

G Diesel
03-28-08, 9:46 am

Here is how it works:

That, in my opinion, is a very real American story... That is what it is to be a part of this melting pot. We're so often surrounded by people of different races and ethnicities, cultures and religions, who have experienced so much and that have so much to offer. People with good hearts and open minds, like my brother Wides, engage these people and as such are forever changed, their lives are forever enriched. So much pain in this world, so many atrocities. These noble souls yearning to be free, usually are ignored and cast aside. Thanks for not allowing that to happen. Peace, G

Toni69
03-28-08, 11:53 am
what an incredible story! a true story at that! Very touching Wides...heart and soul are what make a person who they are, everything else are just little details that fill in the gaps.

squattingtillipuke
03-28-08, 4:29 pm
UGH, I'm a math nerd, I dropped Philosophy as i always argued some off the wall perspective instead of agreeing with what's been said for the past 10 billion years.

Same problem here bro...That and I have this odd thing where I like to think for myself. To go outside of the box, not to have someone tell me that it can't be done without telling me why.

pmug0000
03-28-08, 4:37 pm

Same problem here bro...That and I have this odd thing where I like to think for myself. To go outside of the box, not to have someone tell me that it can't be done without telling me why.

Whoa what's the deal with hating on philosophy? One of the great things about being a philosophy major is that you CAN disagree with what's been said before, you just need to have logical reasoning for doing so. How the fuck are you going to disagree with a math problem? Math is yes or no, wrong or right. Philosophy is all about perspective and reasoning.

G Diesel
03-28-08, 4:52 pm
Whoa what's the deal with hating on philosophy? One of the great things about being a philosophy major is that you CAN disagree with what's been said before, you just need to have logical reasoning for doing so. How the fuck are you going to disagree with a math problem? Math is yes or no, wrong or right. Philosophy is all about perspective and reasoning.

Philosophy, like History and English... Disciplines where you actually learn something. As a Jesuit once told me, the aim is to teach one how to think not what to think. Peace, G

Phil800101
03-28-08, 11:54 pm
That's a great story Wides, really puts stuff in perspective.

I was skimming through the rest of this thread, and I am definitely subbed.

As for the shoe debate...Vans, it's all about the Vans. Comfortable and fashionable. On the street anyway. In the gym I'm all about my Adidas, not unlike Run DMC. Well, except for leg day and back day, then it's time for the Chuck Taylors. Ask Big Byrd about that one.

Phil800101
03-29-08, 12:04 am

Philosophy, like History and English... Disciplines where you actually learn something. As a Jesuit once told me, the aim is to teach one how to think not what to think. Peace, G

I was a psych major, so for me it wasn't about what people think, but rather how and why they think it. I'm a big fan of history and philosophy though, especially history.

I think that most of the liberal arts majors are at heart geared towards teaching you how to think, especially by using logic and reasoning.

BamBam
03-29-08, 12:24 am

Here is how it works:

1.) Awesome, eye opening story...let me know how and if I can help with the Sorghum Fields Project
2.) I read the rest of this thread...and I have never laughed so hard...some classic, funny shit in here!! I am def. subbed.
3.) You and I have evidentally started the Zubaz revolution (mentioned in a prior thread).

And to put my own 2 cents in...I don't know WTF it is with women and shoes...I guess I can't say too much, because I buy movies like girls buy shoes...I f****** love movies...But my girl has, if I remembr right...45 pairs of shoes in her apt. (very small)...I mean these damn things r everywhere..but all she wears 99% of the time, are her heels when we go out, which put me in a trance cuz lets just say that in her life of playing tennis...she has some legs are on her that...well they get me going...and then she wears her tennis shoes to the gym when we go...and maybe a pair of 5 dollar old navy flip flops anywhere else...I dunno...I can't understand it!?!? I mean whatever makes her happy..fine with me. Same with me and the supps too...hmm....?

and Enforcer.."Big Widesadamus"...I nearly pissed myself...

Themostocles
03-29-08, 2:18 am
Great thread...subbed... -T.

squattingtillipuke
03-29-08, 9:26 pm

Trust me bro not dissing philosophy at all...just not my bag. As yes I completely understand that this is probably one of the few where you can truely argue facts from different perspectives and have a multiple array of correct answers. I personally have always been a scientific/mathematical type of person. You know like Good Will Hunting...I got crazy skills like that with math.

pmug0000
03-29-08, 9:28 pm
Trust me bro not dissing philosophy at all...just not my bag. As yes I completely understand that this is probably one of the few where you can truely argue facts from different perspectives and have a multiple array of correct answers. I personally have always been a scientific/mathematical type of person. You know like Good Will Hunting...I got crazy skills like that with math.

Oh yeah? Well then what's 984584454594584.389439334 x 23985239457.2498524957?

Big Wides
03-30-08, 1:19 pm
Oh yeah? Well then what's 984584454594584.389439334 x 23985239457.2498524957?

that is an insane number.....

Big Wides
03-30-08, 1:19 pm
Gotta love Sunday's with Sinatra.....well i do at least

Lowdown5
03-30-08, 1:37 pm

Don't forget Dino!!

Phil800101
03-30-08, 2:23 pm

Nothing like some Sinatra. Ever heard his version of "Ol' MacDonald," from his "Swingin' Session!!! And More" album? Great stuff.

BamBam
03-30-08, 6:43 pm
Nothing like some Sinatra. Ever heard his version of "Ol' MacDonald," from his "Swingin' Session!!! And More" album? Great stuff.

Ole Blue eyes...hell yeah!!! Frank and the rest of the Rat Pack are absolutely amazing...My fav. Sinatra song has to be "Fly Me To The Moon"

Lowdown5
03-30-08, 6:44 pm
"Kick in the Head" by Dean Martin is one of my favorites!

MassMan
03-30-08, 6:47 pm

X2 here on Sinatra. Gets the mood going for some deep reading!

brandonA
03-30-08, 7:03 pm
X2 here on Sinatra. Gets the mood going for some deep reading!

Reading????? Well you are young....Reading is the last thing on my mind why I listen to Frank, Deano, Berry..

-B

BamBam
03-30-08, 7:19 pm
Reading????? Well you are young....Reading is the last thing on my mind why I listen to Frank, Deano, Berry..

-B

And what would the first be...cuz I know when me and my gf get together and put in some Rat Pack classics, the first thing on our mind isnt reading...

MassMan
03-30-08, 7:40 pm
And what would the first be...cuz I know when me and my gf get together and put in some Rat Pack classics, the first thing on our mind isnt reading...

Well..... Rat Pack classics sets the mood to a mellow tone, for me, at least.... you whip out your book and start reading, right? I mean, what else do you do when you're in a room with a mellow tone?

BamBam
03-30-08, 8:35 pm
Well..... Rat Pack classics sets the mood to a mellow tone, for me, at least.... you whip out your book and start reading, right? I mean, what else do you do when you're in a room with a mellow tone?

Hehehe...lots...

eblnyc
03-30-08, 8:46 pm
extra wides what the hell is going on here? shoes?

MassMan
03-30-08, 8:53 pm
Hehehe...lots...

Well, I was talking more APPROPRIATE things like literature, fine arts, and whatnot. An Animal does not always have to think about eating, training, and doin' it, ya know?! xD

MassMan
03-30-08, 8:54 pm
extra wides what the hell is going on here? shoes?

Shoes? I have 5 pairs of Coach shoes, 3 pairs of Gucci shoes, and 6 pairs of Chucks. Got my own collection going on. How 'bout you?

eblnyc
03-30-08, 9:00 pm
Shoes? I have 5 pairs of Coach shoes, 3 pairs of Gucci shoes, and 6 pairs of Chucks. Got my own collection going on. How 'bout you?
well lets see,i got about 40 pairs of shoes give or take,i don't really count them..my knee high suede timbos are my favorite next to my old school suede adidas...i never wear heels because im 5 6 and don't need them..

MassMan
03-30-08, 9:04 pm
well lets see,i got about 40 pairs of shoes give or take,i don't really count them..my knee high suede timbos are my favorite next to my old school suede adidas...i never wear heels because im 5 6 and don't need them..

wait are you a bro or a sis? Because if you were a bro wearing heels, I would be kinda scared.

eblnyc
03-30-08, 9:07 pm
wait are you a bro or a sis? Because if you were a bro wearing heels, I would be kinda scared.
im a women..

MassMan
03-30-08, 9:09 pm
im a women..

Ok.....Just making sure.

Joseb
03-30-08, 9:10 pm
LOL THE TITLE CHANGED
made me spit out my eggs.. blegh

Pizzalamp
03-30-08, 9:11 pm
im a women..

a strong woman!!!

eblnyc
03-30-08, 9:12 pm
a strong woman!!!
not quite but thanks pizza..

Big Wides
03-30-08, 9:37 pm
yes old blue eyes is one that def sets the tone for relaxing or cooking.....besides it being mellow the messages that he gives in the words of his songs speaks volumes as well.

And eblnyc, i just mentioned shoes as an example and people just ran with it. gotta like that

MassMan
03-30-08, 9:40 pm
yes old blue eyes is one that def sets the tone for relaxing or cooking.....besides it being mellow the messages that he gives in the words of his songs speaks volumes as well.

And eblnyc, i just mentioned shoes as an example and people just ran with it. gotta like that

There's nothing wrong for having a little shoe collection, right? :]

eblnyc
03-30-08, 9:44 pm
I full on agree. A woman with Black or Red Bra and G-String and Stellatos on along with a 12oz steak, baked potato, and greens on a plate in her hands when I walk in the door would do me in every single time keep dreaming baby...

BamBam
03-31-08, 12:29 am
Well, I was talking more APPROPRIATE things like literature, fine arts, and whatnot. An Animal does not always have to think about eating, training, and doin' it, ya know?! xD

HAHAHA...I got ya bro...I dont ALWAYS think about it...and I read sometimes...actually just got 2 new books

"Clapton"-Eric Clapton Autobiography
"A Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming"

SO...after I am done with eating, training...and...cardio ;)...then I read and also listen to some old school music!! Plus I am an artist...I can draw life a mofo

BamBam
03-31-08, 12:31 am
keep dreaming baby...

Haha...he and I both will...any luck on that yet Enforcer? I asked my girl and all she did was kiss me and hand me my eggs lol

Toni69
03-31-08, 3:07 am

you said Gucci. Now Im impressed! Im a Gucci gal myself...

Toni69
03-31-08, 3:08 am

I always play Sinatra while I cook!

Toni69
03-31-08, 3:10 am
keep dreaming baby...

why you say that? I would dress it up for my man like that if he wanted me too...in a heartbeat and I know I would get me some Gucci for it too! How you think I got all my other Gucci things to begin with, hmmmm? LOL

Thrawn
03-31-08, 4:29 am
why you say that? I would dress it up for my man like that if he wanted me too...in a heartbeat and I know I would get me some Gucci for it too! How you think I got all my other Gucci things to begin with, hmmmm? LOL

You can out-eat me, out-train me and you would dress up making your famous protein bars??? I have a gf, but otherwise i would almost be on one knee here =)

Big Wides
03-31-08, 10:15 am
Well as I was at a charity 5k race this weekend (i was not running in it dont worry, helped organize it), there was a DJ there who started off playing some good tunes, but then he jumped into some weird shit that I know I've heard before on a daily basis but couldnt put my finger on it. So as this weird shit is playing it dawns on me, I've heard this when I train, this is a way that Globo Gym is controlling my mind with subliminal messaging through song. Shit like a club remix of Riders on the Storm or a cover version of Black Betty. Even worse was the new age hip hop shit (dont get me wrong I like the old stuff on occasion like Cyphress Hill) Clear as day, once it hit I felt like an ass, cause all that was going through my head was that wonderful bright colored place! A friggin nightmare, but done through the power of subliminal messaging. Hey by all means if they want to control my thoughts and head go right at it, their going to be shocked.

So the deep thought for today is wear headphones to avoid the mind trap that your gym is trying on you, you'll thank me in the end.

Malloy1344
03-31-08, 10:39 am
Dude, thats scary, i know exactly what you mean. I was at some deal down in Delray one day. And all that crap was playing. I was like " WTF, i know this shit" Then it dawned on me. I had flashbacks of spandex and poor form.....

Cypress Hill rocks, I was just listening to " hand on the glock"

Big Wides
03-31-08, 1:00 pm
I always play Sinatra while I cook!

i rest my case about good cooks and the music they listen to while cooking

BamBam
03-31-08, 1:09 pm
Well as I was at a charity 5k race this weekend (i was not running in it dont worry, helped organize it), there was a DJ there who started off playing some good tunes, but then he jumped into some weird shit that I know I've heard before on a daily basis but couldnt put my finger on it. So as this weird shit is playing it dawns on me, I've heard this when I train, this is a way that Globo Gym is controlling my mind with subliminal messaging through song. Shit like a club remix of Riders on the Storm or a cover version of Black Betty. Even worse was the new age hip hop shit (dont get me wrong I like the old stuff on occasion like Cyphress Hill) Clear as day, once it hit I felt like an ass, cause all that was going through my head was that wonderful bright colored place! A friggin nightmare, but done through the power of subliminal messaging. Hey by all means if they want to control my thoughts and head go right at it, their going to be shocked.

So the deep thought for today is wear headphones to avoid the mind trap that your gym is trying on you, you'll thank me in the end.

Thanks for the advice Wides...I work out at the YMCA where I live...and lets just say the music is not condusive for MASS WEIGHT PUSHING...and when the iPod dies on me...its hell...

Toni69
03-31-08, 1:17 pm

At home, I listen to totally different music as opposed to what I would train to or even dance to. Right now though, even when I train, Im sick of the Ipod. I have been training Ipod free lately and getting into my zone without the need for music. I just tune out whatever my gym plays...I have actually mastered the "tuning out everything and everyone around me" skill...LOL..its like my sixth sense..or is it seventh? LOL

Wasteland
03-31-08, 1:19 pm

If there's talk of literature, fine arts, I'm in, lol.

ionacht
03-31-08, 1:27 pm

Something about working out while the gym system plays "Your body is a wonderland" makes me die a little inside. It ruins my workout if I forget my headphones. Stupid I know but it happens none the less.

Big Wides
03-31-08, 1:29 pm
Thanks for the advice Wides...I work out at the YMCA where I live...and lets just say the music is not condusive for MASS WEIGHT PUSHING...and when the iPod dies on me...its hell...

Something about working out while the gym system plays "Your body is a wonderland" makes me die a little inside. It ruins my workout if I forget my headphones. Stupid I know but it happens none the less.

I feel your pain, it really doesnt bother me all that well its just that I hate having stupid shit stored in my brain, I dont need to be at work and hear Barbie Girl or Billboard's Top 40 playing internally....

because I'm not wrapped in plastic and it's fantastic

MassMan
03-31-08, 3:14 pm
At home, I listen to totally different music as opposed to what I would train to or even dance to. Right now though, even when I train, Im sick of the Ipod. I have been training Ipod free lately and getting into my zone without the need for music. I just tune out whatever my gym plays...I have actually mastered the "tuning out everything and everyone around me" skill...LOL..its like my sixth sense..or is it seventh? LOL

Yeah, I don't use my Ipod to train that much either.... Kinda makes my eardrums rattle and I'm beginning to hear some ringing in the ears during class...... Also have cuts in my ear canal for some reason....

If there's talk of literature, fine arts, I'm in, lol.

Bookworms unite!!! Lol, I hate school, but there's something about enriching your mind outside of school and textbooks.... Just can't quite explain.

Wasteland
03-31-08, 3:21 pm
Bookworms unite!!! Lol, I hate school, but there's something about enriching your mind outside of school and textbooks.... Just can't quite explain.

I came for the Culture, and what I found was a discussion about high end shoes, lol.

MassMan
03-31-08, 3:25 pm
I came for the Culture, and what I found was a discussion about high end shoes, lol.

That's right!!! Gucci all the way!!!!

Wasteland
03-31-08, 3:31 pm
That's right!!! Gucci all the way!!!!

Prada gets my vote, lol.

Big Wides
03-31-08, 3:32 pm

no idea how that spirled out of control the way it did....its probably like the Tootsie Pop Question

As for Culture, I enjoy reading the Greek Classics along with many of the works that came out of the Holy Roman Empire and the Italian Renassance, being that both of these influnetial time periods overlapped each other (Holy Roman Empire and Italian Renassance), great times that sprung forward many works of culture (art, litetuare, scupture, archritecture) and some of the greatest minds of our time, it was a very trublant and trying times on the people who lived then as well. With all of the same problems that we see in today's society with corruption in politcs and the ever constant class conflicts along with allegiences to who was the "true" governing body (Guelf/Ghibelline conflict). Its amazing how different nuances from the past, no matter where and what cultures are examined there are centeral themes still prevalnt today

ionacht
04-01-08, 9:09 am
I have confirmed my wife's notion that I am a nerd by currently reading a "biography" on pi. Great reading. And if you really want a mental workout following your physical one, grab one of Steven Hawkings books. Nothing like a little quantum physics to work out the old brain muscle.

Big Wides
04-01-08, 10:47 am
Today is a joyous day for one and all, it is April Fool's Day!! I dont care how old you are or think you are, you've gotta partake in the festivities. I am a prankster there is a need to just sometimes let it all hang loose and what better day than today. I've pulled some real good ones on professors, friends, coaches, teamates and the list goes on and on. So put on the Jester hat and enjoy it.

Enforcer
04-01-08, 10:50 am
Today is a joyous day for one and all, it is April Fool's Day!! I dont care how old you are or think you are, you've gotta partake in the festivities. I am a prankster there is a need to just sometimes let it all hang loose and what better day than today. I've pulled some real good ones on professors, friends, coaches, teamates and the list goes on and on. So put on the Jester hat and enjoy it.

Someone already tried to play one on the Forvm by stating he recived a can of Animal Omega by mistake. I know ur games DigitalBeast

Phil800101
04-01-08, 10:54 am
Here's an awesome training video I just found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Wasteland
04-01-08, 10:59 am
no idea how that spirled out of control the way it did....its probably like the Tootsie Pop Question

As for Culture, I enjoy reading the Greek Classics along with many of the works that came out of the Holy Roman Empire and the Italian Renassance, being that both of these influnetial time periods overlapped each other (Holy Roman Empire and Italian Renassance), great times that sprung forward many works of culture (art, litetuare, scupture, archritecture) and some of the greatest minds of our time, it was a very trublant and trying times on the people who lived then as well. With all of the same problems that we see in today's society with corruption in politcs and the ever constant class conflicts along with allegiences to who was the "true" governing body (Guelf/Ghibelline conflict). Its amazing how different nuances from the past, no matter where and what cultures are examined there are centeral themes still prevalnt today

As long as there are people getting together (e.g., society), these "prevalent themes" will always be around. The classics are, well, classics. But the real question is how a classic becomes precisely that.

Big Wides
04-01-08, 12:23 pm
As long as there are people getting together (e.g., society), these "prevalent themes" will always be around. The classics are, well, classics. But the real question is how a classic becomes precisely that.

And that question has been one that has boggled my mind for a while now, the many factors that go into it vary from piece to piece. Whether is the message they are trying to portray in their works, who wrote the work, how long has it stood the test of time, or something that was once popular died off then resurfaced again. Its just one of those engimas that many will ponder for some time

pmug0000
04-01-08, 12:23 pm

Did you know that many of the Renaissance scholars were actually closed-door alchemists and occultists? Newton's scientific theories which we all know today, his calculus, and theory of gravitation were all side projects. What he was really focused on was alchemy. And astronomers like Copernicus, Kepler, the first to promote the heliocentric theory, based their studies on occult texts and magical ideas.
It's funny how when learning about the Renaissance in school teachers will completely ignore how prevalent the occult was. But if you read about the lives of people like Copernicus, William Harvey (discovered circulation of the blood in humans), and Isaac Newton they were all hugely influenced by magical and occult ideas.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-01-08, 12:29 pm
I have confirmed my wife's notion that I am a nerd by currently reading a "biography" on pi. Great reading. And if you really want a mental workout following your physical one, grab one of Steven Hawkings books. Nothing like a little quantum physics to work out the old brain muscle.

iona you made my head hurt with the mention of quantum physics (winces in pain), i prefer to read shakespeare...

Themostocles
04-01-08, 12:58 pm
I always found Jungian Archetypes fascinating. How they were cross-cultural as well as spanning time and continents. -T.

G Diesel
04-01-08, 1:57 pm
Did you know that many of the Renaissance scholars were actually closed-door alchemists and occultists? Newton's scientific theories which we all know today, his calculus, and theory of gravitation were all side projects. What he was really focused on was alchemy. And astronomers like Copernicus, Kepler, the first to promote the heliocentric theory, based their studies on occult texts and magical ideas.
It's funny how when learning about the Renaissance in school teachers will completely ignore how prevalent the occult was. But if you read about the lives of people like Copernicus, William Harvey (discovered circulation of the blood in humans), and Isaac Newton they were all hugely influenced by magical and occult ideas.

What great man or deep thinker isn't constantly in the pursuit of the figurative alchemical ideal? It should be each of our goals, on so many levels, to take that which is common and mundane and ordinary and through extreme effort, expansive thought and strategic plotting create something rare and precious that is of unquantifiable value. Peace, G

Wasteland
04-01-08, 2:01 pm
And that question has been one that has boggled my mind for a while now, the many factors that go into it vary from piece to piece. Whether is the message they are trying to portray in their works, who wrote the work, how long has it stood the test of time, or something that was once popular died off then resurfaced again. Its just one of those engimas that many will ponder for some time

Many do ponder it. It has less to do with the work itself than it does with the social bodies that control the intepretation and dissemination of said works.

Wasteland
04-01-08, 2:03 pm

I'm sure you know that "alchemy" is not what is commonly known as alchemy today. In the past, it was a rigorous philosophical discipline. Today, it's associated with turning this to gold, lol.

Enforcer
04-02-08, 1:27 pm
keep dreaming baby...

If u have a great woman in your life then this can easily become reality-lol. A guy can dream cant he?

pmug0000
04-02-08, 1:51 pm
I'm sure you know that "alchemy" is not what is commonly known as alchemy today. In the past, it was a rigorous philosophical discipline. Today, it's associated with turning this to gold, lol.

Actually back in the day it involved turning various metals into gold too. Alchemy was a process of 'perfecting' things, i.e. turning metals into gold (the 'perfect' metal) and also perfecting the human soul.
True, the modern conception of alchemy is not entirely correct, but looking back it was pretty wacky back then too.

pmug0000
04-02-08, 1:53 pm
What great man or deep thinker isn't constantly in the pursuit of the figurative alchemical ideal? It should be each of our goals, on so many levels, to take that which is common and mundane and ordinary and through extreme effort, expansive thought and strategic plotting create something rare and precious that is of unquantifiable value. Peace, G

Very interesting G, good point.

Wasteland
04-02-08, 1:56 pm
Actually back in the day it involved turning various metals into gold too. Alchemy was a process of 'perfecting' things, i.e. turning metals into gold (the 'perfect' metal) and also perfecting the human soul.
True, the modern conception of alchemy is not entirely correct, but looking back it was pretty wacky back then too.

Wacky based on today's standards, true. But it was quite a rigorous method.

Big Wides
04-02-08, 2:03 pm
It's hard to judge anything that has happened in the past by today's standards since we live in a time with extremes and no gray areas. Its either accepted or not and judged to the highest degree by everyone. No one wants to take the time to actually understand different points, views, theories but rather go with the fucking general ideals on the topic, then change when everyone else does. Majority of people dont want to know the 'whys' of this and that but rather "What means can I gain from it?" Not thinking or looking into the big picture of what has happened or will happen based on common thoughts may cause the end of mankind one day

Wasteland
04-02-08, 2:12 pm
It's hard to judge anything that has happened in the past by today's standards since we live in a time with extremes and no gray areas. Its either accepted or not and judged to the highest degree by everyone. No one wants to take the time to actually understand different points, views, theories but rather go with the fucking general ideals on the topic, then change when everyone else does. Majority of people dont want to know the 'whys' of this and that but rather "What means can I gain from it?" Not thinking or looking into the big picture of what has happened or will happen based on common thoughts may cause the end of mankind one day

It's hard, but it happens everyday. It's called the "bias of presentism".

pmug0000
04-02-08, 5:00 pm
Wacky based on today's standards, true. But it was quite a rigorous method.

Oh yeah it's all relative. Shit, it's not like people back in the day were thinking to themselves "I'm about to try some crazy shit out that gonna look completely absurd centuries from now." Hell, probably half the shit we occupy ourselves with during the present time is gonna look all stupid and fucked up a few centuries from now, but to us it seems like some important shit.

pmug0000
04-02-08, 5:06 pm

You sound like a 'the glass is half empty' kind of guy. But I agree - it does seem like some of the people in positions to make the big decisions focus on the short term benefits of whatever are the consequences of their actions. But in general I think people are starting to shift their minds toward long-term consequences - i.e. environmental movements are gaining momentum, and international peace-keeping organizations are becoming more of an influential force.

pmug0000
04-02-08, 6:09 pm

hahaha what the fuck was that?

eblnyc
04-02-08, 7:05 pm
If u have a great woman in your life then this can easily become reality-lol. A guy can dream cant he?
true..a guy wouldnt have to ask me for those things it would be automatic minus the heels and underwear..lol yes iam a women before you question...

BigAnt
04-02-08, 7:54 pm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT SONG ROCKS!

Phil800101
04-02-08, 8:10 pm
hahaha what the fuck was that?

It was my lame attempt at an April Fool's joke, lol.

MassMan
04-02-08, 8:29 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THAT SONG ROCKS!

Looks BigAnt found his way into this thread! This should be interesting...

pmug0000
04-02-08, 8:43 pm

THAT SONG ROCKS!

No, it rolls. In fact, it RICK rolls.
Get it?

Big Wides
04-03-08, 11:52 am
there are no quick fixes, remedies, solutions to whatever it is you seek. in life or in training

if you can move a weight more than once, add more weight and repeat until weight can no longer be added or you cant preform the movement anymore

Malloy1344
04-03-08, 12:49 pm
there are no quick fixes, remedies, solutions to whatever it is you seek. in life or in training

if you can move a weight more than once, add more weight and repeat until weight can no longer be added or you cant preform the movement anymore

+1

Always challenge yourself....more reps or more weight. Keep the body guessing.

G Diesel
04-03-08, 1:12 pm

I believe that is what I once coined as the Widesian/Juggernautian approach to weight training. Articulated very nicely, I might add. Peace, G

Lowdown5
04-03-08, 1:18 pm
I believe that is what I once coined as the Widesian/Juggernautian approach to weight training. Articulated very nicely, I might add. Peace, G

Are you sure it is not also the G Dieselian approach to powerbuilding??

brandonA
04-03-08, 1:22 pm

Where the hell is Juggernaut?...he was here and Punshier was'nt, now Big PUn is back and Juggernaut is gone...Things that make you go huuuummmmmmm!!

-B

G Diesel
04-03-08, 2:30 pm

It is one of many elements... But sometimes I've gotta force these guys at gunpoint to do some reps. Peace, G

BamBam
04-04-08, 12:02 am

THAT SONG ROCKS!

Thank you...someone how agrees with me that Rick Roll is fucking awesome!

BamBam
04-04-08, 12:06 am

It is one of many elements... But sometimes I've gotta force these guys at gunpoint to do some reps. Peace, G

I def. need more of this element in my life...whomever it is named after...so how manye elements does this come to on the ole' periodic table? Been a while since I took chem.

I love this thread...I hope to one day become as wise as the "elders" in here....I am only the grasshopper...the men with BOLD names are the "dragons"...teach me! lol

Big Wides
04-04-08, 1:18 pm
I love this thread...I hope to one day become as wise as the "elders" in here....I am only the grasshopper...the men with BOLD names are the "dragons"...teach me! lol

Dragons? Like those fire breathing ones or more of a genlter Puff the Magic Dragon type?

Enforcer
04-04-08, 1:29 pm
Riddle me this Big Wides- Why do woman were such reveling clothing- buyt don't want to be thought of as dirty girls? And how am I supposed to avoid looking at certain body parts and keep eye contact? Please enlighten me on this. In my opinion I think Dave Chapelle sums it up the best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wy4n-Pqtc

BamBam
04-04-08, 1:30 pm
Dragons? Like those fire breathing ones or more of a genlter Puff the Magic Dragon type?

I was referring to the "Kung Fu" dragon...I remember David Carradine (sp?) always telling his student he was the dragon and they were the grasshoppper...but after lifting with yourself and G' and the Arnold ABC...and knowing Lowdown5 pretty well (from what I read), I would put you more toward the fire breathing end...I don't know how gentle you guys are and or could be...but...

BamBam
04-04-08, 1:39 pm
Riddle me this Big Wides- Why do woman were such reveling clothing- buyt don't want to be thought of as dirty girls? And how am I supposed to avoid looking at certain body parts and keep eye contact? Please enlighten me on this. In my opinion I think Dave Chapelle sums it up the best:

Hmmm....damn good question Enforcer. I think the reason they wear such revealing clothes, is to attract attention...because comfort isnt even in the picture...comfy is a good pair of sweats or zubaz and a huge t-shirt...not what you r referring to. Although as Chapelle said, they are not whores for wearing such clothes, they might want to come off as one or have something in their minds to wear said clothing out in public places. They also may want to show every Male in the room what she has comparative to what the other women may or may not have. Its all about attention...wether it be for being a D.G., looking for a guy for whatever reason...be it sexual or for a good talk...or to just see how many pair of eyes she can see staring at her. I dont know though...just my 2 cents

Big Wides
04-04-08, 1:48 pm

I cant view the link since work blocks such things, damn telemarketers. Both women and men alike wear revealing clothing whether we know it or not. A man wearing a tight shirt to show off his shoulders and chest is comperable to a woment who wears a shirt that shows a slight bit of clevage. Or 2 guys wearing tight pants to show off their bulges cause they are two wild and crazy guys (Old School Sat. Night Live) A person, in my opnion should not be judged by what they wear and should not be thought of as whatever their attire speaks. To view what you say as revieling clothing, I have become victim of the 1000 yard stare because of what someone was wearing, I also think that with age comes a level of maturity (maybe not I could be wrong) with dealing with what certain people are wearing and how to deal with it. I've always gotten past what people are wearing no matter how strange or weird it might be, granted in my wise ass nature very hard thing to do. Keeping eye contact is easy, use perfierial vision, a wise man told me that once.

Big Wides
04-04-08, 1:50 pm
I was referring to the "Kung Fu" dragon...I remember David Carradine (sp?) always telling his student he was the dragon and they were the grasshoppper...but after lifting with yourself and G' and the Arnold ABC...and knowing Lowdown5 pretty well (from what I read), I would put you more toward the fire breathing end...I don't know how gentle you guys are and or could be...but...

only go crazy when its absoultly necessary, other than that I am extremely laid back

Enforcer
04-04-08, 1:51 pm
true..a guy wouldnt have to ask me for those things it would be automatic minus the heels and underwear..lol yes iam a women before you question...

Nice. So when r u making steak-lol jk

BamBam
04-04-08, 1:53 pm
I cant view the link since work blocks such things, damn telemarketers. Both women and men alike wear revealing clothing whether we know it or not. A man wearing a tight shirt to show off his shoulders and chest is comperable to a woment who wears a shirt that shows a slight bit of clevage. Or 2 guys wearing tight pants to show off their bulges cause they are two wild and crazy guys (Old School Sat. Night Live) A person, in my opnion should not be judged by what they wear and should not be thought of as whatever their attire speaks. To view what you say as revieling clothing, I have become victim of the 1000 yard stare because of what someone was wearing, I also think that with age comes a level of maturity (maybe not I could be wrong) with dealing with what certain people are wearing and how to deal with it. I've always gotten past what people are wearing no matter how strange or weird it might be, granted in my wise ass nature very hard thing to do. Keeping eye contact is easy, use perfierial vision, a wise man told me that once.

Great SNL reference Wides....thats an aboslute classic...

Enforcer
04-04-08, 1:53 pm
Hmmm....damn good question Enforcer. I think the reason they wear such revealing clothes, is to attract attention...because comfort isnt even in the picture...comfy is a good pair of sweats or zubaz and a huge t-shirt...not what you r referring to. Although as Chapelle said, they are not whores for wearing such clothes, they might want to come off as one or have something in their minds to wear said clothing out in public places. They also may want to show every Male in the room what she has comparative to what the other women may or may not have. Its all about attention...wether it be for being a D.G., looking for a guy for whatever reason...be it sexual or for a good talk...or to just see how many pair of eyes she can see staring at her. I dont know though...just my 2 cents

Both great opinions fellas. I have my own but I def don't want to step on any toes here

BamBam
04-04-08, 1:55 pm
only go crazy when its absoultly necessary, other than that I am extremely laid back

Got ya..

Gym= fire breathing dragon
Everywhere else= Magical marijuana reference dragon

Wasteland
04-04-08, 1:55 pm

You sure it wasn't the Brobdingnagian Method? That method makes you larger than life.

BamBam
04-04-08, 1:56 pm
Both great opinions fellas. I have my own but I def don't want to step on any toes here

I dont think you would be stepping toes to voice an opinion...just let it be known thats not your intentions, just trying to unravel one of the big mysteries of the universe..thats all...

GRUNT
04-04-08, 2:33 pm

Im going against the grain on this one...Women know exactly what they are doing by dressing in a provocative manner. Some have security issues (so do men) and want to show off there "goods" to see if they receive a favorable reaction to make them feel better about themselves. In most cases if the women is not a lard ass trying to squeeze her ass in some apple bottom jeans then she will receive favorable attention..wait i take that back, even the "hefty" ones receive that attention. Either way, I think it comes down to wanting to feel wanted. Yes, you shouldnt judge a book by its cover but if it looks like it, talks like it, smells like it...well then a pretty good chance it must be it...Your automatically judged by your appearance no matter if you like it or not, its called the first impression. Most often the way you dress is the first impression a person gets of you. Dress respectable, you will receive respect..dress disrespectful then well you reap what you sow...

Toni69
04-04-08, 2:33 pm

this really depends on what exactly you think is too sexy or drawing the line. I go out with my girls, I wear clothes that I feel sexy in..that DONT show ass cheeks, but are sexy and Im quite comfortable in (because the clothes I wear fit me!). Then you see the other side of me in the gym...Im always in gym clothes and Im extremely comfy in my gym clothes but its not practical to wear gym clothes 24/7..not as a chick at least..LOL

Women do compete with one another...its nature of the beast, as you males do in the gym, playing sports or maybe even at work. Of course we want to appear sexy to males, and true many women go too far. Like my sister feels the need to show as much of her breasts as possible in whatever she wears cause she knows if she walked into a place totally covered..nobody would second look her. Not cause she isnt pretty..but because the breasts are the first thing that a guy is gonna notice and dwell on if they are right there out in the open.

I walk into a restaurant in gym clothes. I may not get a second look from anyone. I take my hoodie off, reveal my shoulders, back and arms and bam,...all eyes are on me. Do I want this type of attention? Maybe in the gym..especially if people underestimate me cause Im a small girl...sometimes I choose to stay covered up even in the gym. In a restaurant, I probably dont want all eyes on me and people wondering about why Im so muscular and what did I really do to achieve that look..cause people jump the gun, we know this...people constantly judge a book by its cover and Im not about that. I want people to notice me...not my muscles...or my ass..LOL and this is where I say most women are NOT confident in who they are and dont know how to bring out their "sexiness" without having to reveal a bit too much information first...understand?

GRUNT
04-04-08, 2:35 pm
this really depends on what exactly you think is too sexy or drawing the line. I go out with my girls, I wear clothes that I feel sexy in..that DONT show ass cheeks, but are sexy and Im quite comfortable in (because the clothes I wear fit me!). Then you see the other side of me in the gym...Im always in gym clothes and Im extremely comfy in my gym clothes but its not practical to wear gym clothes 24/7..not as a chick at least..LOL

Women do compete with one another...its nature of the beast, as you males do in the gym, playing sports or maybe even at work. Of course we want to appear sexy to males, and true many women go too far. Like my sister feels the need to show as much of her breasts as possible in whatever she wears cause she knows if she walked into a place totally covered..nobody would second look her. Not cause she isnt pretty..but because the breasts are the first thing that a guy is gonna notice and dwell on if they are right there out in the open.

I walk into a restaurant in gym clothes. I may not get a second look from anyone. I take my hoodie off, reveal my shoulders, back and arms and bam,...all eyes are on me. Do I want this type of attention? Maybe in the gym..especially if people underestimate me cause Im a small girl...sometimes I choose to stay covered up even in the gym. In a restaurant, I probably dont want all eyes on me and people wondering about why Im so muscular and what did I really do to achieve that look..cause people jump the gun, we know this...people constantly judge a book by its cover and Im not about that. I want people to notice me...not my muscles...or my ass..LOL and this is where I say most women are NOT confident in who they are and dont know how to bring out their "sexiness" without having to reveal a bit too much information first...understand?

I'll agree w/ that...

G Diesel
04-04-08, 2:56 pm
You sure it wasn't the Brobdingnagian Method? That method makes you larger than life.

I seek to be a Brobdingnagian riding a brabancon... Instead me and my shih tzu will have to go as Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox on Halloween. Peace, G

Big Wides
04-04-08, 4:25 pm
I seek to be a Brobdingnagian riding a brabancon... Instead me and my shih tzu will have to go as Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox on Halloween. Peace, G

that shih tzu is a mighty animal

Wasteland
04-04-08, 4:26 pm

Sweet dogs. Jack Terriers, now that's a big dog in a small package.

G Diesel
04-04-08, 4:29 pm

A ferocious beast... He's a 10 lb Grizzly. Peace, G

BamBam
04-04-08, 6:51 pm
A ferocious beast... He's a 10 lb Grizzly. Peace, G

Grizzly...haha...I just bought myself a german shep. puppy today...a little companion for myself.

But loving the shitzu, my ant has one and I love that little dude.

BamBam
04-04-08, 6:52 pm

I can second this view, and agree with ya Toni...this is why it's always nice to have a woman's perspective on things!

BigAnt
04-04-08, 8:49 pm
Im going against the grain on this one...Women know exactly what they are doing by dressing in a provocative manner. Some have security issues (so do men) and want to show off there "goods" to see if they receive a favorable reaction to make them feel better about themselves. In most cases if the women is not a lard ass trying to squeeze her ass in some apple bottom jeans then she will receive favorable attention..wait i take that back, even the "hefty" ones receive that attention. Either way, I think it comes down to wanting to feel wanted. Yes, you shouldnt judge a book by its cover but if it looks like it, talks like it, smells like it...well then a pretty good chance it must be it...Your automatically judged by your appearance no matter if you like it or not, its called the first impression. Most often the way you dress is the first impression a person gets of you. Dress respectable, you will receive respect..dress disrespectful then well you reap what you sow...

Yes, both sexes--men & women dress - sometimes to "show" It--(my opinion) comes down to a security issue....Just me--like to stay covered up, uness it is like a million degrees in the gym or I am a few weeks out from a show...if you-one works out, one could wear a potato sack and people would still know that person works out...being sexy is how one feels-talks-carry's them self...sure girls head's will turn when a very good looking and buff guy walks buy in tight jeans and a tank top, just like men's heads will turn when a beautiful girl walks by in a tight skirt and low cut blouse...but after a few gawks...what is left over?

Very true but kinda bad in a way --- the way you dress is the first impression a person gets of you...

Lowdown5
04-04-08, 9:14 pm
People are always judged on perception. If you drive a nice car, wear nice clothes and live in a nice area, people percieve you to have money, be successful, and have power. But put that same person in a crappy car wearing less than great clothes and the perception is that they are not very well off, successful etc.

Look at movie stars, we see them all made up, dresses to the hilt with tons of makeup and they look great, we refer to them as the beautiful people. But look at pictures when they are being themselves and they look just like anyone else.

Perception for some becomes reality, for the rest of us it is business as usual.

BamBam
04-04-08, 9:25 pm
People are always judged on perception. If you drive a nice car, wear nice clothes and live in a nice area, people percieve you to have money, be successful, and have power. But put that same person in a crappy car wearing less than great clothes and the perception is that they are not very well off, successful etc.

Look at movie stars, we see them all made up, dresses to the hilt with tons of makeup and they look great, we refer to them as the beautiful people. But look at pictures when they are being themselves and they look just like anyone else.

Perception for some becomes reality, for the rest of us it is business as usual.

Agree with this 1,000,000 percent!

Big Wides
04-07-08, 10:24 am
Well here is a glimpse into somethings I associate with certain phrases/words:

Wise Ass - someone who is there to bring you down to earth, break your balls or make light of a situation but is there when you need them

Clusterfuck - organized chaos

Heart - yes it is an organ that makes life possible, however it is also something that we all have and give it our all to something that we cherish and put our hardwork into. You've gotta have this passion in everything that you do

What the fuck - gym slang; used to point out outfits, people, what people are doing, or the addition of an insane amount of weight between sets

Logic - might find it here, but probably not

S.O.L.J.W.F. - Shit out of luck and jolly well fucked (thanks George Carlin)

Training Partner - see Wise Ass

Dedication - you either have it or you dont

Ego/Cockyness - sometimes its a great thing to have if you use it wisely, other than that if you abuse it you look like an ass

Squatter's Ass - self explanatory, helps one get out of the hole

"No Chalk Allowed" - feel like everytime I read that, the music from the Peanuts should be playing in the background

Buffalo Wings - extremely anabolic, second only to the sandwhich

I'll have more as the day goes on

McFly
04-07-08, 10:36 am
school's in session!!

Angst
04-07-08, 10:48 am
I always eat roasted chicken rather than buffalo wings...... that must be why I've always been skinny. There are logic in this thread lol

pmug0000
04-07-08, 10:52 am
"What the fuck" is quite a versatile phrase... one of my favorites.

Big Wides
04-07-08, 11:34 am
school's in session!!

Funny you say that, cause after my 1 year stint as an Electrical Engineer, I changed to Secondary Ed - History to teach. However that didnt happen...LOL still thinking about getting my master's in education and go teach the young ones.

I always eat roasted chicken rather than buffalo wings...... that must be why I've always been skinny. There are logic in this thread lol

well roasted chicken is still highly anabolic but I beleve that hot sauce has unquie properties to it that help.

can be used anywhere

McFly
04-07-08, 11:38 am
Funny you say that, cause after my 1 year stint as an Electrical Engineer, I changed to Secondary Ed - History to teach. However that didnt happen...LOL still thinking about getting my master's in education and go teach the young ones.

electrical engineer huh? well you need to get your ass over here and help me with this substation design I'm working on LOL

BamBam
04-07-08, 11:41 am

Wise Ass - someone who is there to bring you down to earth, break your balls or make light of a situation but is there when you need them

Heart - yes it is an organ that makes life possible, however it is also something that we all have and give it our all to something that we cherish and put our hardwork into. You've gotta have this passion in everything that you do

What the fuck - gym slang; used to point out outfits, people, what people are doing, or the addition of an insane amount of weight between sets

Ego/Cockyness - sometimes its a great thing to have if you use it wisely, other than that if you abuse it you look like an ass

"No Chalk Allowed" - feel like everytime I read that, the music from the Peanuts should be playing in the background

Good start thus far...I like em'

G Diesel
04-07-08, 12:05 pm

Over time, I've simply shortened it to "The fuck?". Peace, G

Enforcer
04-07-08, 12:16 pm

Can I get a wallet sized version of that?

Big Wides
04-07-08, 1:04 pm
Can I get a wallet sized version of that?

I'll talk to my secertary and see what magic can be done.....lol

Big Wides
04-09-08, 9:47 am
Why is it that to many people over analayze shit? Why make things more complicated than they already are? There is a reason why the K.I.S.S. method is around and why it hasnt failed yet (well not to my knoweldge). I wont eat this becasue I read somewhere that X will give you a bad effect, or that "hey this thing has 4 good things in it but 1 bad, i'm staying away from it becasue of the 1 bad thing" Me, personally I dont give a flying fuck what the hell X is going to do to me or the effect of the 1 bad thing will have. Unless it gives me a third nut then I'm up shit's creek (would think it would tend to make one more potent). Moral of the story is to stop overthinking shit and just do what comes natural, who cares what the media or others think.....if we thought that then would we live the way we do.....I dont think so

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 10:08 am
Why is it that to many people over analayze shit? Why make things more complicated than they already are? There is a reason why the K.I.S.S. method is around and why it hasnt failed yet (well not to my knoweldge). I wont eat this becasue I read somewhere that X will give you a bad effect, or that "hey this thing has 4 good things in it but 1 bad, i'm staying away from it becasue of the 1 bad thing" Me, personally I dont give a flying fuck what the hell X is going to do to me or the effect of the 1 bad thing will have. Unless it gives me a third nut then I'm up shit's creek (would think it would tend to make one more potent). Moral of the story is to stop overthinking shit and just do what comes natural, who cares what the media or others think.....if we thought that then would we live the way we do.....I dont think so

Great post. It's very true. I was just having a conversation with a friend last night concerning this. Trying to explain to her to settle down and stop over analyzing everything and just live happy. Stressing too much and thinking too much will eventually ruin you.

Buffalo Wings = very anabolic.......second to the cream in Oreo cookies, as IRBS confirmed for me in the past.

Enforcer
04-09-08, 10:36 am
Why is is that girls can come up to up and feel ur chest, but then you can't do the same to them?

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 10:37 am
Why is is that girls can come up to up and feel ur chest, but then you can't do the same to them?

LOL.....that is a question that I have wanted an answer to for ages! Mr. Wides can you assist?

J-Dawg
04-09-08, 10:38 am

Nice Big Wides. Preach on bro.

Big Wides
04-09-08, 10:59 am

LOL.....that is a question that I have wanted an answer to for ages! Mr. Wides can you assist?

That is a dandy of a question.....heres my take on it. We as men have a very mechanical, rough way our muscles grow, much like the mighty bulldozer, or a large truck, we just move heavy shit. There is nothing nice about it move things from Point A to Point B. So when girls come up to feel your chest, they want to feel that power in their hands, trying to absorb it. Taking it in per se, finding out in their own way if its good to take out for a ride, and how much it can move.

The reason why we cant go around doing the same to women (besides the legal reasons) is that a female's body is a work of art. very streamline, with suttle curves and just plain old looks damn good. You dont go around randomly putting handprints on the Mona Lisa, or one of Dali's works, the same should be for a girls chest. Its the age old struggle between beauty and power, those that have the beauty want to touch the power.

Big Wides
04-09-08, 10:59 am
Nice Big Wides. Preach on bro.

Looks like I've gotta behave now......

Wasteland
04-09-08, 11:02 am

Because men want it while women don't.

Enforcer
04-09-08, 11:04 am
That is a dandy of a question.....heres my take on it. We as men have a very mechanical, rough way our muscles grow, much like the mighty bulldozer, or a large truck, we just move heavy shit. There is nothing nice about it move things from Point A to Point B. So when girls come up to feel your chest, they want to feel that power in their hands, trying to absorb it. Taking it in per se, finding out in their own way if its good to take out for a ride, and how much it can move.

The reason why we cant go around doing the same to women (besides the legal reasons) is that a female's body is a work of art. very streamline, with suttle curves and just plain old looks damn good. You dont go around randomly putting handprints on the Mona Lisa, or one of Dali's works, the same should be for a girls chest. Its the age old struggle between beauty and power, those that have the beauty want to touch the power.

Why can't I feel some of their power though?-lol. I like art that u can touch though. Like sculptures- don't lean on them but gracefully feel them. Or finger paintings?

Enforcer
04-09-08, 11:05 am
Because men want it while women don't.

I call bullshit. Woman want it. If they didn't, they wouldn't feel it. They would look at it in disguist

Wasteland
04-09-08, 11:06 am
I call bullshit. Woman want it. If they didn't, they wouldn't feel it. They would look at it in disguist

Women want to be touched? Wouldn't feel what? I'm not understanding you.

It's like pride & prejudice. Men take pride when women want to feel their chest. Women would feel prejudiced if they allowed men to freely touch theirs.

Enforcer
04-09-08, 11:12 am
Women want to be touched? Wouldn't feel what? I'm not understanding you.

It's like pride & prejudice. Men take pride when women want to feel their chest. Women would feel prejudiced if they allowed men to freely touch theirs.

I'm not undersatnding u I guess. U said bc men want it and women don't. By this I thought u meant men want a woman after they touch them and a woman doesn; want a man after they touch them. I thought u meant that women aren't "turned" on by this. That's why I made the comment I did. This is why everytime at work a chcick will try and touch my chest- I fuck with them and say only if I can touch urs. I'm not just a piece of meat u know-hahahahahaha

Phil800101
04-09-08, 11:26 am
Enforcer, you are fucking cracking me up bro...

Finger paintings? WTF? LMAO

GRUNT
04-09-08, 11:26 am

I asked my wife this question...her response.. "I don't know why you can't do it. Because civilization is stupid and has overly sexualized the female breast."

then she asked, "why, you want to touch someones tits?" damn i cant win...

Wasteland
04-09-08, 11:27 am
I'm not undersatnding u I guess. U said bc men want it and women don't. By this I thought u meant men want a woman after they touch them and a woman doesn; want a man after they touch them. I thought u meant that women aren't "turned" on by this. That's why I made the comment I did. This is why everytime at work a chcick will try and touch my chest- I fuck with them and say only if I can touch urs. I'm not just a piece of meat u know-hahahahahaha

No, that's not what I meant. I was responding your original question, "Why is is that girls can come up to up and feel ur chest, but then you can't do the same to them?"

Because they don't want you to, whereas you do. Then my analogy about about pride and prejudice, which interestingly applies in a remote way to the novel itself.

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 11:28 am
This is a great discussion for wednesday morning. I love it.

Wasteland
Because civilization is stupid and has overly sexualized the female breast."

The interesting but unknowable question is, civilization as a "he" or a "she"?

Enforcer
I asked my wife this question...her response.. "I don't know why you can't do it. Because civilization is stupid and has overly sexualized the female breast."

Damn bro- set u up right there. BRAIN NINJAS is what women are-lol.

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 11:29 am

LOL Grunt.....dude there is no winning.

Enforcer
04-09-08, 11:29 am
No, that's not what I meant. I was responding your original question, "Why is is that girls can come up to up and feel ur chest, but then you can't do the same to them?"

Because they don't want you to, whereas you do. Then my analogy about about pride and prejudice, which interestingly applies in a remote way to the novel itself.

Very tru- if u go back to one of my old posts about woman and what they wear- these two things kind of correlate with one another

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 11:30 am

Brain Ninja, LOL. Wow.

Enforcer
04-09-08, 11:30 am
This is a great discussion for wednesday morning. I love it.

Can't beat the talk of women and their chests in the morning-lol

GRUNT
04-09-08, 11:38 am

I am not smart enough on this topic so my wife said...

I think both. More so men though But I think that if men didn't pay so much damn attention to them that they wouldn't be viewed as such by women. If we constantly stared at your breasts and viewed them as a sexual body part then it would probably be taboo to touch your chest.

GRUNT
04-09-08, 11:41 am

i know man, i get mind fucked all the time...i dont even see it coming..here i am asking a question and BAMMMM!!!

LOL Grunt.....dude there is no winning.

no winning at all...if there was too much winning, i guess make up sex would be lost...haha

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 11:56 am
i know man, i get mind fucked all the time...i dont even see it coming..here i am asking a question and BAMMMM!!!

x2...I get shit completely turned around on me in a second, and I'm stunned and awed.

no winning at all...if there was too much winning, i guess make up sex would be lost...haha

True....high five for makeup sex!

Wasteland
04-09-08, 11:57 am
I am not smart enough on this topic so my wife said...

I think both. More so men though But I think that if men didn't pay so much damn attention to them that they wouldn't be viewed as such by women. If we constantly stared at your breasts and viewed them as a sexual body part then it would probably be taboo to touch your chest.

Do men pay attention because mostly because it's part of our deeply imprinted genetic code or mostly because they're always covered up by clothing? Another way to think about this, are men from other cultures as fixated as men here, where being "topless" isn't such a big deal (think of beaches in Europe).

Big Wides
04-09-08, 11:59 am

whats your take on this?

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 12:05 pm
In reference to this " he" or "she" answer....I have two takes.....supporting each side, and please I am not trying to be sexist at all, I <3 women and respect them fully, so keep that in mind...

Civilization as a "HE" = Men were the first ones to really get the country running, and established the laws and democracy we have. To this day men still run the white house and congress and such. So it can be argued that men have decided on these so called " rules to live by"

Civilization as a "SHE" = women have fought hard for years to get equal rights and have influenced culture drastically. They went from just being house wifes taking care of children to being corporate executives running the whole show. Granted, if all women weren't offended by mens actions, how could it be viewed as being wrong. But women are offended.....hence it's there part of the civilization that doesn't allow for us to just go grab their chest.

Enforcer
04-09-08, 12:06 pm
Look at the argument I stirred up-lol

I think I might start my own thread called "Animal Law"- just like the Miller Light commercials-someone will ask a question and we'll find and agree on the best response and then declare it "Animal Law"

What do u guys think- srry Wides not trying to steal ur thunder- if u object just let me know

Toni69
04-09-08, 12:15 pm
In reference to this " he" or "she" answer....I have two takes.....supporting each side, and please I am not trying to be sexist at all, I <3 women and respect them fully, so keep that in mind...

Civilization as a "HE" = Men were the first ones to really get the country running, and established the laws and democracy we have. To this day men still run the white house and congress and such. So it can be argued that men have decided on these so called " rules to live by"

Civilization as a "SHE" = women have fought hard for years to get equal rights and have influenced culture drastically. They went from just being house wifes taking care of children to being corporate executives running the whole show. Granted, if all women weren't offended by mens actions, how could it be viewed as being wrong. But women are offended.....hence it's there part of the civilization that doesn't allow for us to just go grab their chest.

be careful...a "she" may be sitting in the President's chair soon. You may have to alter that statement a bit babe. ;)

as for touching a girl's chest thing....guys touch my chest all the time and get pissed that mine is harder then theirs! LOL

Enforcer
04-09-08, 12:16 pm
True....high five for makeup sex!

Triple High Five

Big Wides
04-09-08, 12:20 pm
Look at the argument I stirred up-lol

I think I might start my own thread called "Animal Law"- just like the Miller Light commercials-someone will ask a question and we'll find and agree on the best response and then declare it "Animal Law"

What do u guys think- srry Wides not trying to steal ur thunder- if u object just let me know

do whatever the hell you feel like doing.....free country and all.

Enforcer
04-09-08, 12:21 pm
do whatever the hell you feel like doing.....free country and all.

I know- but I don't want to step on any toes here- u kno me bro- im White- W-H-I-T.....E

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 12:27 pm
be careful...a "she" may be sitting in the President's chair soon. You may have to alter that statement a bit babe. ;)

as for touching a girl's chest thing....guys touch my chest all the time and get pissed that mine is harder then theirs! LOL

LOL i knew i'd get blasted. I'm just saying up until NOW....don't kick my ass please :)

Big Wides
04-09-08, 12:34 pm
no ass kicking in this thread.....this is a place where we come to settle mysteries of life and light up a few cigars in the process. Roundtable meathead talk at its finest

Toni69
04-09-08, 12:40 pm
LOL i knew i'd get blasted. I'm just saying up until NOW....don't kick my ass please :)

ha! you wish I would, dont ya? ;)

GRUNT
04-09-08, 12:47 pm
Do men pay attention because mostly because it's part of our deeply imprinted genetic code or mostly because they're always covered up by clothing? Another way to think about this, are men from other cultures as fixated as men here, where being "topless" isn't such a big deal (think of beaches in Europe).

I think if our society wasnt so up tight about the human body we wouldnt have an issue at all with this. I agree with the eurpoean topless beaches, you dont see guys walking around with hard ons on the beach because its a normal thing for them. Excellent point. Just like the drinking age in europe...over in the US we make a big deal about drinking and make it seem so bad and show horrific images all the time and from the beginning implant in our childrens heads "ITS BAD BAD BAD BAD" whereas in europe its not treated as a big deal and more socially accepted....

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 1:00 pm
ha! you wish I would, dont ya? ;)

*shrugs shoulders* Maybe..... LOL

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 1:03 pm
What made us Iron Junkies? Do you guys think its a trait that is just inherited through genetics, where we are just pre-disposed to inflicting abuse on our bodies or a factor of our up bringing and early life......

What makes subject 1 so addicted to the iron, while subject 2 never touches a weight in his life ......what are your opinions?

Wasteland
04-09-08, 1:03 pm
I think it's possible to de-sexualize parts of the anatomy, but not completely. Though you can get desensitized if you've gone to topless beaches all your life, breasts would still be sexual, even if sub-consciously. That's the part of us that makes us men.

Repression has an interesting way of backfiring. Always comes back up where and how you least expect it.

Wasteland
04-09-08, 1:06 pm
What made us Iron Junkies? Do you guys think its a trait that is just inherited through genetics, where we are just pre-disposed to inflicting abuse on our bodies or a factor of our up bringing and early life......

What makes subject 1 so addicted to the iron, while subject 2 never touches a weight in his life ......what are your opinions?

I would doubt there is a weightlifting gene, but hey, you never know. When the body was wired weightlifting didn't exist. There are likely a deep set of impulses that are manifested and satisfied when you do lift though--weightlifting fulfills some genetic imperative. Still, it might be a gene linked to something seemingly unrelated.

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 1:13 pm
I would doubt there is a weightlifting gene, but hey, you never know. When the body was wired weightlifting didn't exist. There are likely a deep set of impulses that are manifested and satisfied when you do lift though--weightlifting fulfills some genetic imperative. Still, it might be a gene linked to something seemingly unrelated.

True true. I opinions supporting both sides, thats why I wanted to hear other opinions.... I mean think about lifting from a unbiased perspective...

We are purposely inflicting pain and destruction on our bodies, and we love every minute of it. Interesting....because society views pain as undesirable, where as we can't live without it.

Wasteland
04-09-08, 1:19 pm
True true. I opinions supporting both sides, thats why I wanted to hear other opinions.... I mean think about lifting from a unbiased perspective...

We are purposely inflicting pain and destruction on our bodies, and we love every minute of it. Interesting....because society views pain as undesirable, where as we can't live without it.

The better question to ask is, "Why do we do it to ourselves?" Honest and thoughtful introspection may lead to surprising answers.

Big Wides
04-09-08, 1:22 pm

see I dont feel weightlifting as inflicting pain and destruction on our bodies. Those two words pain and destruction mean completely different things to different people. Some view pain as an aphrodciac, so they tend to get a high or rush out of it, or some sexual release. Do we get this sense of a high when we lift, sometimes yes other times no. And dont say you get it everytime you train, I call bullshit on that becuase if you did then training would become numb to you and have zero effect, my thoughts. For destruction means something is completly beyond repair, cant be salvaged. For through diet we salvage ourselves and build upon it to make it bigger or better. So what we do in essance of the "destruction" defeats the nature of the word.

What sets those who go to a gym and do whatever it is they want or do (this includes everyone) vs. those who dont. I think it just comes down to a matter of wills that each person has. If they have the will to go a gym more power to them, I pat them on the back for bettering their quality of life no matter what fucking age. But if they want to stay home and do other things, great....it makes them happy. Why should we outcast those who dont train or go to a gym. For if we do that then arent we throwing them into the same pool that we are in but on the other side of the specturm? All in the same pool just at different rings within each level

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 1:24 pm
The better question to ask is, "Why do we do it to ourselves?" Honest and thoughtful introspection may lead to surprising answers.

Indeed.....Why is the question. Alot of us will say " because we love it" but why do we love it?....

For me it started after highschool/early college. I was a typical bench/curl guy who just wanted to look good for girls. After starting I found myself addicted and got more and more intenese and couldn't satisfy my thirst for knowledge and information....and here I am today.

Thats what got me into the game, but what determines our addiction to Iron over lets say Golf, or Baseball......

I personally, Wasteland, agree with your earlier statement that their is something genetic in us, not necassarily to do with lifting, but perhaps a gene that is satisfied and activated through the process of lifting that ends up making it desireable for us.

Malloy1344
04-09-08, 1:27 pm
see I dont feel weightlifting as inflicting pain and destruction on our bodies. Those two words pain and destruction mean completely different things to different people. Some view pain as an aphrodciac, so they tend to get a high or rush out of it, or some sexual release. Do we get this sense of a high when we lift, sometimes yes other times no. And dont say you get it everytime you train, I call bullshit on that becuase if you did then training would become numb to you and have zero effect, my thoughts. For destruction means something is completly beyond repair, cant be salvaged. For through diet we salvage ourselves and build upon it to make it bigger or better. So what we do in essance of the "destruction" defeats the nature of the word.

What sets those who go to a gym and do whatever it is they want or do (this includes everyone) vs. those who dont. I think it just comes down to a matter of wills that each person has. If they have the will to go a gym more power to them, I pat them on the back for bettering their quality of life no matter what fucking age. But if they want to stay home and do other things, great....it makes them happy. Why should we outcast those who dont train or go to a gym. For if we do that then arent we throwing them into the same pool that we are in but on the other side of the specturm? All in the same pool just at different rings within each level

Well said Wides, your a wise man. I am not trying to outcast anyone, few of my friends lift or train , and i love them as much as the next. To each his own and so on. Happiness in life is more important than your hobbies.

Also I think my description of " pain and destruction" came off wrong. Just in general, the feeling the day after training ,and feeling during a tough set could be called " pain" by the general population......thats kinda what I meant.

If I'm reading you right, your saying it comes down to the focus and determination to better ourselves in the gym. I agree.

Big Wides
04-09-08, 3:37 pm
Well said Wides, your a wise man. I am not trying to outcast anyone, few of my friends lift or train , and i love them as much as the next. To each his own and so on. Happiness in life is more important than your hobbies.

Also I think my description of " pain and destruction" came off wrong. Just in general, the feeling the day after training ,and feeling during a tough set could be called " pain" by the general population......thats kinda what I meant.

If I'm reading you right, your saying it comes down to the focus and determination to better ourselves in the gym. I agree.

ahh shit, misunderstood what your were trying to say. you hit the nail on the head there Jim

Themostocles
04-09-08, 7:53 pm
This is just me, but I do it because it allows me to control my life. I replaced my addictions(drugs, alcohol, and partying) with regulation and control. Its my own little OCD. But i think there is a genetic edge to it. I have never lifted, or even played sports before. But my father, who left when I was young, was a bodybuilder. I tried alot of things to control my life, religion, counseling, women, and work; but nothing feels as right as lifting. Just my two cents. -T.

Thrawn
04-10-08, 4:35 am
I can relate somewhat to what you are saying, Themostocles. For me, i have to have something i my life i can go all out on. A few years ago it was long distance running and i gave it the same dedication i give the iron now. I just could not stop focussing on it. Within 6 months i was running a half marathon smiling. Before that it was Martial Arts. Same obsession. Within a year i graduated 4 times in Judo, Karate and Jiu Jitsu.
Now its iron. I am so into it, that i can just smell new PR's around the corner even if they are not there yet.
If i wouldnt do this the way i do it, i would fall back into old habits also (violence, weapons, drugs, women...guess i was not very different from you in that).

Big Wides
04-10-08, 8:37 am
Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

yup its that time of year again

ghost
04-10-08, 8:38 am
Damnit i love golf.

JMC
04-10-08, 9:02 am
Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

ghost
04-10-08, 9:04 am
Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

LMMFAO....caddyshack. what a great flick.

Malloy1344
04-10-08, 9:09 am
omg, i miss golf :( We should start an Animal golf team. What a sight it would be to see huge monsters swinging golf clubs and carrying coolers around the course with them!

Big Wides
04-10-08, 9:48 am
omg, i miss golf :( We should start an Animal golf team. What a sight it would be to see huge monsters swinging golf clubs and carrying coolers around the course with them!

dont forget cart jousting, and golf polo.....American classics in my opinion

Phil800101
04-10-08, 10:56 am
Hey Wides, can you make a bullshot?

Big Wides
04-10-08, 11:44 am
Hey Wides, can you make a bullshot?

can you make a shoe smell?

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 11:46 am
Wides, a question if I may.

The title of your thread is "Widesian Logic"

But is there any logic to Big Wides? Enquiring minds want to know.

Big Wides
04-10-08, 11:52 am
Wides, a question if I may.

The title of your thread is "Widesian Logic"

But is there any logic to Big Wides? Enquiring minds want to know.

As to, the thread? The name Big Wides? or to the person behind the name?

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 11:55 am

Yes.

Big Wides
04-10-08, 12:13 pm

The name Big Wides - Wides is a nickname on my last name, its orgins are rooted deep within the decade known as the 90s, when rap still had meaning, grunge music filled the airwaves, MTV still played music videos (hard to imagine i know). The Big part came as the years progressed in my training. The logic is that people were to damn lazy to come up with a nickname so they used my last name. If I could only tell you the names we had for our friends.

The person and this thread - these topics go hand in hand, since as many have noticed this is a very laid back area to come and talk about things you would normally talk about. Things like the Masters and Caddyshack, yesterday's conversation about boobs, or some of the other topics that we have discussed here. There is no need to be serious all the time, I for one try not to get serious, but can when the time comes. Think of this thread as like a corner deli where you can come and talk about the finer aspects of life. Relax to some good old debates that have been echoed through time, or some new ones that may arise. The logic here is: you can't be hardcore balls to the wall every fucking minute, life is to short to do that.....enjoy it cause once its gone, its gone

examples of this laid back approach:

- Background on my work computer is that yellow smiley face
- I have an island theme going on in my cube (I am a beach bum from time to time)
- You'll find me either smiling or laughing during the day at some point, no matter what is going on
- To top it off, I have by my monitor "Dont sweat the small shit"

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 12:24 pm
The name Big Wides - Wides is a nickname on my last name, its orgins are rooted deep within the decade known as the 90s, when rap still had meaning, grunge music filled the airwaves, MTV still played music videos (hard to imagine i know). The Big part came as the years progressed in my training. The logic is that people were to damn lazy to come up with a nickname so they used my last name. If I could only tell you the names we had for our friends.

The person and this thread - these topics go hand in hand, since as many have noticed this is a very laid back area to come and talk about things you would normally talk about. Things like the Masters and Caddyshack, yesterday's conversation about boobs, or some of the other topics that we have discussed here. There is no need to be serious all the time, I for one try not to get serious, but can when the time comes. Think of this thread as like a corner deli where you can come and talk about the finer aspects of life. Relax to some good old debates that have been echoed through time, or some new ones that may arise. The logic here is: you can't be hardcore balls to the wall every fucking minute, life is to short to do that.....enjoy it cause once its gone, its gone

examples of this laid back approach:

- Background on my work computer is that yellow smiley face
- I have an island theme going on in my cube (I am a beach bum from time to time)
- You'll find me either smiling or laughing during the day at some point, no matter what is going on
- To top it off, I have by my monitor "Dont sweat the small shit"

Great answer. I know that many here who haven't met you will appreciate the insight. And for those of us who have, this just confirms what we already knew.

Outstanding!!

McFly
04-10-08, 12:25 pm
oh Wide one,

your last post was very interesting. I was thinking about posting this question today and opted not to...b/c well I didn't feel like typing. however, you mentioned 'balls to the wall' in your post.....

now I know what we think when we say 'balls to the wall'....but do you have any idea where that came from? BALLS TO THE WALL HMMMMM

I'm thinking about playing wall ball 6th grade style and trying to peg that kid running to touch the wall who dropped the ball.....

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 12:32 pm
Does anyone know where the word "fuck" came from??

Big Wides
04-10-08, 12:40 pm

I believe its roots are in Middle English, meaning "to strike"

Big Wides
04-10-08, 12:42 pm
oh Wide one,

your last post was very interesting. I was thinking about posting this question today and opted not to...b/c well I didn't feel like typing. however, you mentioned 'balls to the wall' in your post.....

now I know what we think when we say 'balls to the wall'....but do you have any idea where that came from? BALLS TO THE WALL HMMMMM

I'm thinking about playing wall ball 6th grade style and trying to peg that kid running to touch the wall who dropped the ball.....

no clue, however whoever came up with the saying was one sicko.....since as many males know that when your balls meet anything, be it a wall, a hand, or something else that is unloving it hurts......wall ball 6th grade style brings me back

Themostocles

I have heard many historical beliefs of where this came from. Fornication under consent of the king seems to be the most common. And the bastardization of a phrase from the english during the hundreds year war. The french cut of the middle finger of english longbow men, so the english would give them the 'finger' and say pluck you. But, who the fuck really knows. -T.

Lowdown5

I read once that is came from Old England and meant "Fornicating Under Consent of the King"

Don't know if that is true or not.

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 12:43 pm
I have heard many historical beliefs of where this came from. Fornication under consent of the king seems to be the most common. And the bastardization of a phrase from the english during the hundreds year war. The french cut of the middle finger of english longbow men, so the english would give them the 'finger' and say pluck you. But, who the fuck really knows. -T.

Yes, who the fuck does!! LOL

GRUNT
04-10-08, 12:49 pm

I also heard it means For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge....

GRUNT
04-10-08, 12:53 pm
no clue, however whoever came up with the saying was one sicko.....since as many males know that when your balls meet anything, be it a wall, a hand, or something else that is unloving it hurts......wall ball 6th grade style brings me back

The origin of "balls to the wall" is thought to come from aircraft pilots who pushed their joysticks ("balls") into the full thrust position (i.e., "the wall"), thereby making the aircraft go as fast as possible

I GOOGLED IT SO I CANT CLAIM IT AS MY OWN ANSWER...

BamBam
04-10-08, 1:32 pm

The roots are middle english...but before it became another word for "strike"...FUCK, came from when someone was caught having sexual affairs with someone...ex: someone much younger/much older, someone they werent married to, someone apart of a the church, same sex...

But they would put these people in the stocks in the town and write above their heads F.U.C.K. - "Foreign Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"

Then, when people saw this, they would strike them with whatever it may be...hence the new meaning..

BamBam
04-10-08, 1:41 pm
Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

yup its that time of year again

"I was born to love you....I was BOOORRRNNN to lick your face.."- Chevy Chase

If you watch this part of the movie when he is singing to this girl, look at the wall in the back...there are supposed to be 2 swords crossing on the wall, and there is one, and then a butterknife...I find this outstandingly hilarious!!

I fucking love Caddyshack...

BamBam
04-10-08, 1:51 pm
Triple High Five

Slap Hands! Slap Hands!!

Damn, I been outta this thread for a little too long...here's my viewpoint on some things...

Animal Law should be made a thread...2 different things with Animalian Logic, and Animal Laws...kind of like Facts and Theory...we can def. keep things going in both threads by doing this...

Animal Law- "...."
Widesian Logic- In depth discussion on such laws..or why they should or should not be laws

Women, unless having the disease I like to call "whore", or are just outlandishly drunk, will never let you just come up and grab away...so thats why I go out and find myself a girl (I got me a tennis player!), and that way when I want it, I get it, and so does she...at the end of the day, everyone is happy! I do agree with the viewpoint on the fact society (wherever, whenever, and whoever) has over sexualized the human anatomy. But, in the end..its not like it matters...I have realized so many things from lifting it's not even funny (when it comes to the attraction factors of men and women in public..)...Oh well..

Big Wides
04-10-08, 2:44 pm
Great answer. I know that many here who haven't met you will appreciate the insight. And for those of us who have, this just confirms what we already knew.

Outstanding!!

if you guys want to know more about me just ask.....

Phil800101
04-10-08, 9:44 pm
"I was born to love you....I was BOOORRRNNN to lick your face.."- Chevy Chase

If you watch this part of the movie when he is singing to this girl, look at the wall in the back...there are supposed to be 2 swords crossing on the wall, and there is one, and then a butterknife...I find this outstandingly hilarious!!

I fucking love Caddyshack...

I love when he does the shot of tequila in that scene, that is classic.

BamBam
04-10-08, 9:45 pm
I love when he does the shot of tequila in that scene, that is classic.

HAHAHAHA....someone else who loves that scene...and the tequila shot, IMO, make that scene

JMC
04-10-08, 10:04 pm
Turds!!!!
Double Turds!!!!!!

Phil800101
04-10-08, 10:19 pm
I want a hamburger...no, a cheeseburger. And I want a hot dog, and a milk shake...

Phil800101
04-10-08, 10:20 pm
Turds!!!!
Double Turds!!!!!!

Spaulding! Watch your language!

Big Wides
04-10-08, 10:46 pm
license to kill gophers by order of the united nations, man free to kill gophers at will

Lowdown5
04-10-08, 10:49 pm
if you guys want to know more about me just ask.....

What is your favorite holiday, food, drink, movie and book of all time? Favorite song? And what would you be if you could be anything in the world?

BamBam
04-10-08, 10:50 pm
What is your favorite holiday, food, drink, movie and book of all time? Favorite song? And what would you be if you could be anything in the world?

Wow...Im interested in seeing the answers here...can we all answer the question? Kind of a "Get to know an ANIMAL" portion of the Widesian Logic thread....