PDA

View Full Version : Music For The Mindset In The Gym

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Big Flanch
02-26-07, 8:02 pm
everyone might be different but i dunno how many of you guys like listenin to classical music when your liftin....lol, ive never met another lifter who listens to classical when he's in the squat cage (and i dont really feel like lookin through the other 200 some replies..lol)

but the one thing i find with classical is that it keeps me focused and on task...no words to start thinkin about or hardcore beats get involved in...jus somethin to keep the noise of the others away, not to mention is damn good music

RIVERA
02-26-07, 8:11 pm
I find that Godsmack, disturbed, fear factory and killswitch engage get me angry and lifting hard. how bout my animal brothers?

Kiwi129
02-26-07, 8:12 pm
Already a thread on this. It's about a billion pages long. Welcome to the Forvm.

Cr4zYH3aD
02-26-07, 8:33 pm
Rhapsody
Rhapsody Of Fire
Pantera
Nirvana
Rocky Soundtrack
Hammerfall
Dragonforce
Raised Fist
Randy
Manowar
Luca Turilli

That's about it.

RIVERA
02-26-07, 8:33 pm
thanks.

Ironpsycho
02-26-07, 8:38 pm
i know theres another thread but check out Korn and Project 86 there both really good.

Anabolic_Canuck
02-26-07, 8:54 pm
AC/DC Highway To Hell....Gets my blood pumpin brother!!!

ghost
02-26-07, 8:55 pm
Please make sure you do a Search before starting certain threads....and keep threads where they belong. this one definitely is already in the Livin section.

focused
02-26-07, 10:36 pm
everyone might be different but i dunno how many of you guys like listenin to classical music when your liftin....lol, ive never met another lifter who listens to classical when he's in the squat cage (and i dont really feel like lookin through the other 200 some replies..lol)

but the one thing i find with classical is that it keeps me focused and on task...no words to start thinkin about or hardcore beats get involved in...jus somethin to keep the noise of the others away, not to mention is damn good music

you aint lying bro, classic music does keeps your fuckin head straight. see i just get jacked up from a fuckin nasty breakdown...thats all it takes for me to wanna put that damn weight up!

invictus1
02-27-07, 12:45 am
i like where focused has his mind at. My newest kick in the ass is entombment of a machine- job for a cowboy.... not for the faint of heart.

Frank Cass
02-27-07, 2:45 am
Rocky IV soundtrack!!!!! Also sisturbed, system of a down, staind and korn.

dtrain
02-27-07, 5:50 am
ERIC B & Rakeem, Ghetto Boys, Mobb Deep, NWA, aw man yall dont know nothing about that ha ha ha .

Ricky P
02-27-07, 7:50 am
I'm with Big Jawn, usually only find rap on my iPod, but I get some harder stuff on there when I need it. Beside the regular dose of hip-hop I like Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Revelation Theory (Slow Burn, love that song).

Jason762
02-27-07, 8:00 am
Yo fellas

I bought an iPod nano recently and I’ve spent a few weeks uploading songs onto it, but I need some bangin’ playlists.

My number one priority is playlists for working out. I’m hoping you guys can set me up with a couple of them. I am a deaf guy (well, okay hearing impaired) so keep I mind while I can hear voices/beats I can’t necessarily understand what’s being said.

I’m looking for 4 different types of playlists – 3 weights (hour long) and 1 cardio (30 minutes long).

Monday is leg day. Squats, stiff legged dead lifts, calf raises, etc. I need some hardcore shit for Monday. Legs are a bitch and I want something that (short of) gives me that anger/rage feeling to get the fuck up on those last reps of squats. Maybe a hardcore gangster rap/rock/metal type of music (something I have NO experience in)

Wednesday is back & biceps day. Dead lifts and chin ups, preacher curls and 300 pound shrugs finished with heavy duty bent over rows. For me an easy day but intense all the same. Just want something rockin’, something to keep your head moving in-between sets.

Friday is chest/shoulders day. Incline presses, military presses, raises and flies. Same general feel as Wednesday but a new, fresh beat.

Then of course, there’s the beloved HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training) cardio days. Full out sprints for 2 minutes, light jog for 3 minutes. Repeat 6 times, go home on wobbly wheels and scorched lungs. Techno/drums n bass/electronica fits the bill here. I have a lot of this type of music, but I can’t really find any that quite fit the bill. Most are either too long or not enough variety in ‘em and I get bored.

So what’chu got, what do you fellas listen to/recommend for me?

DanCling
02-27-07, 12:36 pm
Big Flanch, I'm definately with you on the classical. I always listen to classical music on the drive to the gym. It just gets me focused and ready to go to war. Also, a lot of the guys I lift with joke on me when I put on "Wild Horses" by the Rollin Stones before a big lift.

focused
02-27-07, 12:40 pm
i like where focused has his mind at. My newest kick in the ass is entombment of a machine- job for a cowboy.... not for the faint of heart.

haha hell yeah Job for a Cowboy thats where its at....too bad they dont got a cd out? otherwise....fuck its on.

ghost
02-27-07, 12:42 pm
I have to admit, i have not heard of a LOT of these groups...lol.

jeff00z28
02-27-07, 3:48 pm
first blood, terror, death before dishonor, sick of it all etc etc etc sometimes heavier stuff but mainly those

MassManiac
02-27-07, 4:41 pm
I've always got somethin blarin in my headset but when I really need to get my ass into gear I'll throw on some Pantera, Godsmack, or Slipknot. These have yet to fail me...

asmXasm
02-28-07, 1:37 pm
I listen to a lot of Hardcore, metal or rap, usually shuffle on the ipod. anything that will tune out everyone else around will work though. Sometimes just put on my headphones so people think i can't hear them...

brandonA
02-28-07, 2:33 pm
godsmack has been driving me through my heavy lifts, rage to get me in the mood and when i do my cardio, some sublime or even jack johnson....2 pac, westside connection....it's all good, as long as it is all i can hear....
-B

squattingtillipuke
03-01-07, 9:16 am
For me nothing beats, old school prog/thrash metal like; Metallica, Megadeth, Savatage, Pantera etc.

COMPLETELY AGREE....Nothing keeps me focused like have Metallica blaring in my ears. The only thing that drives me nuts is when people come up and start talking to you. I busy here jackass.

Cr4zYH3aD
03-01-07, 9:21 am
Like I said, old school metal, '80, ect.

Pantera,
Hammerfall,
Rhapsody,
Manowar,
Rocky Soundtrack ;)

zbl88
03-03-07, 2:05 am
I was at the Arnold Classic today and spent alot of time at the animal booth. Does any one know what were some of the songs they were playing. Or a group that is a favorite?

NickSP
03-03-07, 12:24 pm
QUESTION, ok don't get me wrong I love heavier shit, the music is sick, but I'm not a fan of the scream-o type singing a lot of heavier bands use. I like stuff like Disturbed or Metallica more, ya know what I mean? Anyone know some good bands that are like that without the terrible vocal shit?

focused
03-03-07, 4:33 pm
i dunno but i bought JOB FOR A COWBOY - "DOOM"

fuckin 'Entombment of a Machine' nastiest shit i've ever heard, and it was 9 bucks well spent for only 6 songs. hasnt come outta my car for 3 days straight

bovat
03-03-07, 6:14 pm
rock, i like killswitch engage, favorite songs by them are "this fire burns", and "for you"
definetly download them, there the most intense music iv'e heard to get you in the heavy liftin mindset.
for instance, i tried power cleaning 170 to overhead press it, i failed and then i put "this fire burns" on, cranked it up, and tried again, the weight flew up there and i pressed it twiced which was a new record i made by 15 pounds.

mikejones1
03-04-07, 1:26 am
the songs you guys have mentioned are badass, i needed a changup from the rap ive been listening to. i dont know much about rock or heavy metal so keep on listing songs that get you guys goin in the gym cause i need as many as i can get.

pdiesel
03-04-07, 3:27 am
Du Hast

zbl88
03-05-07, 4:13 am
any others....

amasotto
03-06-07, 9:16 pm
if you dont listen to The Black Dahlia Murder on squat bench or deadzie day...you really should

bleed_alone
03-06-07, 9:25 pm
definitely have to agree with all of you that said throwdown and hatebreed. chimaira is fucking ace too. as for others, i tend to think dmx is the fuckin shit, so that works too. all that remains, BURY YOUR DEAD, killswitch engage, anything hard.

Kepano8o8
03-06-07, 10:17 pm
I still throw on some disturbed and get exactly that, other then that I like it totally silent, the only thing you hear is plates or cables moving.

Krieg
03-07-07, 12:17 am
Some of my favorites for getting ready to lift are:
Carpathian Forest
Ad Hominem
Aborted
Craft
Corpus Christii
Cryptopsy
Funeral Mist
Rammstein
Genocide Kommando
Nokturnal Mortum
Nattefrost
Sigrblot

That's typically the type of thing I'll go with when I need the extra edge.

hjayss
03-07-07, 7:59 am
ERIC B & Rakeem, Ghetto Boys, Mobb Deep, NWA, aw man yall dont know nothing about that ha ha ha .
We are gonna workout to this ghetto boys best of cd I got bro you gotta here it the beats are crazy as hell you know we gonna get amped ha ha. Leg day is wednesday. awww man.

OSUrookie
03-07-07, 5:26 pm
how about the music on the training series trailer dvd?

speedster00
03-07-07, 6:57 pm
There's been talk of the music on the DVD's else where. Some one correct me if I'm wrong but I think its a garage band somewhere. They did just for the DVD's. As for the music at the cage.....too many to list. They played different stuff all day long.

ericthered
03-07-07, 9:25 pm
I'm into just about anything that can get me mad.

White Zombie
Megadeth
Metallica
Danzig
Pantera
Tupac
Jay Z
Santana
Dokken ("Mr. Scary" guitar solo)

BIG45s
03-07-07, 9:35 pm
Metallica
Kid Rock
Rage Against the Machine
Disturbed
Tupac

J-ROCK
03-08-07, 1:20 am
There was a lot of Ramstein (sp?) linkin park, godsmack, and a few songs from the triple x soundtrack but I don't know who sings them. All I can think of right now. Kindof inspired me to burn a new cd to listen to on the way to the gym. Loud screaming germans pump my ass up...

J-ROCK

SpecialBlend
03-08-07, 2:48 am
this is very strange but for some reason when im doing my heavy sets i like to listen to pink floyd or jazz its fuckn wierd but puts me in a different state of mind.

Intense Red Head Man
03-12-07, 6:49 am
I know there are lots of ?'s in hear about music and what gets your blood ragin' flowin'...But im hear to give you metal heads some kick ass music to hear if you have not already heard. I was at the arnold and they had some static-x playing...it was killer awesome...no bullshit phil collins like my gay ass gym. For those who are into metal of all kinds let me know what your fav bands are for blasting your plateaus. Here are mine.
1) Pantera 2)Hatebreed 3)Bury YOur Dead 4)Throwdown 5)Machine Head (new album kicks ass) 6)Godsmack 7)Slayer 8)Chimaira 9)Lamb Of God 10)Soulfly......this is my top ten

lets hear them animals.

Paparue
03-12-07, 8:21 am
American Head Charge, Dry Kill Logic, Ektomorf

Preston
03-12-07, 11:53 am
I love ....these bands. Check them out on myspace, they're all there.

Bring Me The Horizon
We Came With Broken Teeth
Through the eyes of the dead
Suicide Silence
Still Remains
Shadows Fall
Norma Jean

I don't know if you'd label them metal.....maybe more hardcore, you tell me?

Giant Killer
03-12-07, 12:10 pm
1) Black Dahlia Murder
2) Acacia Strain
3) Lamb of God
4) Kataklysm
5) Static-X
6) Bleeding Through
7) Flogging Molly
8) Slayer
9) Stormtroopers of Death
10)Unearth

jfreshh
03-12-07, 1:17 pm
how about let's put some song titles. i'm more into hip hop rap and house but i'm willing to listen to some metal or rock in the gym.

jarrid mendelson - the ultimate remix (theme song from "The Ultimate Fighter")
stemm - face the pain (theme song from UFC)

focused
03-12-07, 3:58 pm
some rap

Three 6 Mafia
"Dangerous Posse"
"Get the Fuck Out My Face"
"Wolf Wolf"
"Fuck that Shit"
"Mosh Pit"
"Rumble in this Hoe" feat Project Pat

thats some good shit to play loud.

but this is commin from a guy that listens only to hardcore, death metal, and grindcore type of shit

H Bomb
03-12-07, 5:32 pm
That dirty south crunk shit! Lil Jon, Lil Scrappy,Three Six Mafia and other tear the club up music that makes you feel like whoopin somebody's ass! Some metal has the same effect on me also.

speedster00
03-12-07, 6:47 pm
One of the few rap songs that gets me lit is DMX-Lord gimmie a sign. Other than that its
Disturbed
Korn
Hinder
30 seconds to mars
3 days grace
Drowning pool
Evans Blue

And only the harder songs by those groups. but you know whats better? when all the spring breakers are in the gym and I start to lift. I can see them out of the corner of my eye watching....trying not to be noticed as they curl 60lbs for there emo bods....

TufffGuY
03-12-07, 7:58 pm
killswitch engage and mudvayne

Jeff the Repper
03-12-07, 8:28 pm
When I need a big kick in the ass nothing beats my MP3 mix of THE CULT ! These boys know how to up my aggro against the iron.

richardm
03-12-07, 8:39 pm
I listen to cadences to get into the mind set, and actually keep pace while doing cardio. But if I find myself goldbrickin' it, I'll switch over to Rammstein. If I'm lifting weight I don't listen to anything.

gnoll5
03-12-07, 8:45 pm
i have been diggingsome rap music to workout to lately, but don't know many artists. i like NWA, Public Enemy, Ice Cube and heavier stuff like this. any recommendations? is there any heavy rap that fuses a bit of metal with rap?

karmazon
03-12-07, 8:49 pm
is there any heavy rap that fuses a bit of metal with rap?

Bodycount. It's Ice T's(the one from NWA) heavy metal band.

stumblin54
03-12-07, 8:54 pm
The whole La Coka Nostra crew has hardcore/metal backgrounds, and all still love it. Peace.

Stumblin

Liftbig21
03-12-07, 9:15 pm
Sevendust,God forbid,Skindred,Beastie boys

Phildiesel
03-12-07, 9:23 pm
check out the remix of "coming undone" by Korn mixed with "lean wit it, rock wit it" by Dem Franchise Boyz...it's pretty hard. Also Jay-Z and linkin park have a few songs remixed together. My favorite hard rap song to get me pumped up to lift is "Till I Collapse" by Eminem.....i always save it for my last set.

invictus1
03-12-07, 9:48 pm
i raise my bloody fist in the air to all you listening to hardcore. good stuff
HxC!!!!

waugie14
03-12-07, 10:25 pm
Dayton Family.....been around a long time, hard as hell

Bigarexic
03-12-07, 11:18 pm
tyhe game, 50, dr dre ,snoop dogg those guys are badass to work out to

Hercules
03-12-07, 11:25 pm
Old school is the way to go. Pre-1995. For some reason the new stuff isn't that good at all. Check out Gravediggaz; they're produced by the RZA from Wu-Tang Clan. Anything from the album '6 Feet Deep' is awesome.

I've been listening to Hatebreed lately. Incredibly inspirational lyrics. Not rap but great training music anyway.

Satchmo
03-12-07, 11:34 pm
Tech N9NE

That is all

djlr42789
03-12-07, 11:50 pm
I'd consider Likin Parks albums a little bit of each.

CAPO190
03-12-07, 11:56 pm
Bodycount. It's Ice T's(the one from NWA) heavy metal band.

Ice T wasn't from NWA, unless you're talking about Ice Cube?

But to the OP, Linkin Park is good for a fuse of rock/rap.

Straight rap - old Snoop, Dre, Game all have some hard songs if you want more artists lemme know

FFmaple16
03-13-07, 12:37 am
always heavy fuckin metal. Static-X,Psyclon Nine, Mushroomhead, DOPE, Mudvayne,Nocturne...my favorite kind is by far Industrial Metal. I like all those gothicy weird bands and there techno colored lights and shit and the kick ass industial backgroun crap...

NJack2AF
03-13-07, 1:14 am
Pantera, Godsmack, some Papa Roach... Other shit I can't think of atm, I'm not real into music..

Rhetoric
03-13-07, 1:53 am
Three words brotha: Jedi Mind Tricks. Check these guys out - one of the best hip-hop/rap duos EVER. Raw lyrics that are certain to get you pumped over some of the sickest production you can hope to find in any genre of music. Best albums are "Violent by Design" and "Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell." Hit me back and let me know what you think if you hear their stuff. Peace.

SDR
03-13-07, 9:13 am
okay let me try to cook up a list.

MC Ren - Ruthless For Life / Final Frontier

2Pac - Ambitionz Az A Ridah

Wu Tang - Triumph

DMX - Its All Good (Ronnie Coleman plays this one alot)

Ice Cube, Dr Dre - Natural Born Killaz

Dr Dre - Stranded On Death Row

Snoop Doggy Dogg - OJ Wake Up

if you like these, send me a PM and ill give you a whole lot more.

gnoll5
03-13-07, 10:09 am
awesome list guys...thanks. i will be checking some of this stuff out and will let you know what i think. thanks again.

Kon_Rock
03-13-07, 11:58 am
Tech N9NE

That is all

Hahah...love it man. Reppin The KC, MO
His new one is pretty tight!

wolfman
03-13-07, 2:38 pm
My top 5 tracks that help me pump out those last grueling reps:

1. earshot - wait
2. disturbed - stricken
3. stemm - inside
4. refused - new noise
5. korn - ya'll want a single

jermaine
03-17-07, 1:18 pm
if you do not or have not listened to hatebreed during a workout, surely you are missing out on some serious gains. people wanna put on mass fast? listen to fuckin hatebreed in the gym.

Anoby
03-17-07, 2:29 pm
Hip-hop!

R.Bearse1
03-21-07, 2:07 am
if you do not or have not listened to hatebreed during a workout, surely you are missing out on some serious gains. people wanna put on mass fast? listen to fuckin hatebreed in the gym.

Agreed Brother agreed... The new(est) CD "Supremacy" absolutely amazing. To The Threshold, Mind over all, Give Wings To My Triumph, As Diehard as They Come and Immortal Enemies are all great songs...But I gotta say Live for This is still one of the reigning best songs for me.

If you really like the heavier stuff... As I Lay Dying is a great band.
Silverstein
Atreyu
A7X Of These 3 there are a select few songs that are good but it all depends really on your personal feel when you lift.

T_N_Muscle
03-21-07, 2:13 am
Hip Hop

hjayss
03-21-07, 2:46 am
Today I was in a biggie mood threw in some of that ready to die man I was just blasting chest man that cd got me amped for some reason. I had the best chest day I think ever yeeaaahhh just though I would share that.

evansm31
03-26-07, 4:08 pm
My list as of lately:
1. Norma Jean
2. Lamb of God
3. Mastodon
4. The Handshake Murders
5. Slipknot
6. Pantera
7. Tool
8. Between the Buried and Me
9. Unearth
10. Napalm Death

Giant Killer
03-26-07, 4:19 pm
Just wanted to share some things I've been listening to lately. I've already posted here but I like going here to get ideas and I'll provide the same.

Sleep Terror (for my HARDCORE metalhead brothers)
3 6 Mafia (for tha' hip-hoppers-good heavy driving beat)
Hatebreed (good lyrics about truth, honor, respect & metal)
Squarepusher (good techno for those boring cardio sessions)

mikejones1
03-26-07, 8:30 pm
i have to put this one out there

for all you rap fans or animals out there lookin for something new definetly bump "go to church" through your headphones with ice cube snoop doog and lil john.

Cr4zYH3aD
03-26-07, 9:03 pm
lately,

Mudvayne - Dig
Slayer - Stain Of Mind
Slayer - War Zone (awesome)
Slayer - Bloodline
Slayer - Here comes the pain

Malloy1344
03-27-07, 10:02 am
My Mp3 player is loaded with Disturbed, Mudvaye , Shadows Fall, Slipknot, Trivium, some Lamb of God, and other miscelleanous songs. Dig by Mudvayne or Heretic Anthem by Slipknot are definately my favorites and blast them when I'm tryin to push some heavier weight :)

zachlloyd
03-27-07, 2:14 pm
Ive been tryin to find some other good bands to toss on my ipod to get me pumped and keep the adrenaline goin, ive got my bands that have always been with me, pantera, hatebreed, slipknot, disturbed , lamb of god, all that shit, anyone know of any bands that arent mainstream that have that kind of osund i could look for, just lookin for some new shit to toss in cus my music is my motivation once close the gates behind me and get ready for a fight.

brandonA
03-27-07, 2:19 pm
use the search brother, there is a huge post on music....
-B

born0withno0soul
03-27-07, 2:21 pm
non maintstream that i really like is 40 below summer, ill nino, crossbreed, some boysetsfire.

billmd1334
03-27-07, 2:29 pm
on the 1st page of the livin section there is a huge thread about workout music... some good stuff in there.

Ricky P
03-27-07, 2:35 pm
Anyone who likes to listen to rap or hip-hop to get them going, this song, couple years old, is really firing me up lately:

Jay-Z feat. M.O.P. - U Don't Know

For some reason that song is getting me fired up, I don't even like M.O.P. but they get it going in this one. If you're into hip-hop, DL this song and blast it!

Ricky P
03-27-07, 2:37 pm
And also:

The Game - One Blood (Mega Remix)

It's about 12 minutes long but has about 20 guys on it, it's unbelievable.

Feat. Jim Jones, Snoop Dogg, Nas, T.I., Fat Joe, Lil' Wayne, Noreaga, Jadakiss, Sheek, Fabolous, Juelz, Rick Ross, Twista, Kurupt, E-40, Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, DoggPound, Young Dro, WC, Ja Rule.

All of these guys are on the song, it's pretty legit.

ironshaolin
03-27-07, 2:53 pm
Yeah dude look at the link on this. My recommendations: Haste the day, candiria, dillinger escape plan, comeback kid.

brandonA
03-27-07, 3:26 pm
here it is....
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=2027
enjoy

-B

sacrifice
03-27-07, 3:40 pm
three six mafia
lil jon
tupac
bun b
static x
tech ni9e
smashing pumpkins
system of a down

qbmurderer73
03-27-07, 4:22 pm
You should check out Hellyeah, they are recently formed band (Chad and Greg from Mudvayne, Jerry and Tom from NothingFace, and the legendary Vinnie from Pantera). Pretty intense, bad ass band.

Kiwi129
03-27-07, 7:39 pm
As I Lay Dying (no it's not emo it's fuckin metal), Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, Behemoth, Black Dhalia Murder. I love metal to get me pissed and pumped while I'm lifting... if metal's not your deal don't download any of those.

Mean Machine
03-27-07, 8:33 pm
Guys use the thread that was already started for this. No need for making a new one.

invictus1
03-28-07, 9:42 pm
i have to say im impressed by evansm31's playlist.
for the last 2 weeks ive been listening to one band
Job for a Cowboy.
if this doesnt pump you up you dont have a pulse
period

spartan300
03-28-07, 11:00 pm
Alot of us use music to get us focused in the gym (hey we don't all use ammonia tabs!), some just use it to keep themselves sane after a long day of work. Whats your favorite music?

on my way to the gym

one vision ... Queen
thunder struck... AC/DC
hair of the dog...Nazereth

motley crue
poison
warrent
Van Halen

MELTDOWN
03-28-07, 11:30 pm
this week it's been.......
Y&T, Dream Theatre,Baton Rogue, Kingdom Come,Hurricane, Giant, MSG, and Krokus (yes, i am old)

ctgblue
03-29-07, 11:58 am
Sehnsucht- Du Hast 3:53 Rammstein-
Symphony Of Destruction 4:02 Megadeth
Skin O My Teeth 3:14 Megadeth
King of all excuses 3:39 Staind Chapter V
Blizzard- I Don't Know 5:13 Ozzy Osbourne
Ten Thousand Fists 3:33 Disturbed
The Art Of Shredding 4:18 Pantera
ROCKSTAR 4:15 NICKELBACK
Ride 3:16 Testament
Countdown To Extinction 4:16 Megadeth
Low 3:33 Testament
Slaughtered 3:57 Pantera
The Scorpion Sleeps 3:38 Rob Zombie
Hellbound 2:41 Pantera
Paper jesus 4:14 Staind Chapter V
SIDE OF A BULLET 3:00 NICKELBACK
The One You Love To Hate 3:11 Rob Halford
Let It All Bleed Out 4:09 Rob Zombie
ANIMALS 3:06 NICKELBACK
Desert Plains 4:30 Judas Priest
Breathe 3:58 Nickelback
Electric Head Pt.1 4:02 Rob Zombie - White Zombie
More Human Than Human 4:18 Rob Zombie - White Zombie
Hawaii Five-O 2:31 Gary Hoey
Sickness 4:37 Disturbed
Skull Full Of Maggots 2:06 Cannibal Corpse
enter sandman 5:30 Metallica-
Blizzard- Crazy Train 4:49 Ozzy Osbourne
Doomsday Jesus 3:30 Black Label Society
Hail Mary 3:32 Testament
Decadence 3:27 Disturbed
Electric Head Pt. 2 (Sexational After Dark Mix) 4:58 Rob Zombie - White Zombie
The Disintegrators 2:50 Megadeth
Dragula 3:42 Rob Zombie
Guarded 3:22 Disturbed
Cowboys From Hell 4:06 Pantera
American Witch 3:48 Rob Zombie
Wipe Out 3:33 Gary Hoey
Fucking Hostile 2:48 Pantera
Sehnsucht- Buck Dich 3:21 Rammstein-
Never Again 4:20 Nickelback
Night Prowler 6:15 AC/DC
Sweating Bullets 5:03 Megadeth
Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome 3:59 7M3
Yesterday Don't Mean Shit 4:19 Pantera
The Hand That Feeds 3:31 Nine Inch Nails
What Lurks On Channel X ? 2:29 Rob Zombie
Panama 3:33 Van Halen
By Demons Be Driven 4:40 Pantera
Screaming for Vengeance 4:43 Judas Priest
Pain Redefined 4:09 Disturbed
Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy) 3:09 Rob Zombie
Deify 4:18 Disturbed
Technical Difficulties 4:21 Racer X
Grinder 4:26 Judas Priest
Demon Speeding 3:44 Rob Zombie
All I Could Bleed 3:37 Testament
Live For The Whip 5:18 Bitch
02 The Blister Exists 5:19 Slipknot
Mr Crowley 4:56 Ozzy Qsbourne
04 Duality 4:12 Slipknot
Feel So Numb 3:53 Rob Zombie
Trust 5:11 Megadeth
Blur The Technicolor 5:14 Rob Zombie - White Zombie
Hell Bent for Leather 2:39 Judas Priest

mcbeast
03-29-07, 12:06 pm
rammstein-duhast,bang bang,etc.
godsmack-i stand alone
as hope dies-mixed
as i lay dying-mixed
twista-kill us all
eminem-lose urself
soulfly-jump the eff up etc..
suffokate-skies are filled with fire

alottt of good stuff....

Rostov
03-29-07, 12:21 pm
Rage Against the Machine - Know your enemy
Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade
Papa Roach - Forever
Papa Roach - Crash
Limp Bizkit - The Story (this song is awesome)
System of a Down
Powerman 5000

PHILTHY PHIL
03-29-07, 12:43 pm
I think everyone needs to check out a band from cali called Terror. Their songs are packed with positive messages about life and struggle. With titles such as "spit my rage" and "one with the underdogs" they sure do make me want to stack the pies on the bar. Other bands to check out are Icepick and First Blood all hardcore gauranteed to tap into your inner warrior instincts. So check them out and feel your inner animal burst out!

evilshoe
03-29-07, 1:50 pm
My current top 20:

Vulture - A Life Once Lost
And Death In My Arms - All That Remains
Through Struggle - As I Lay Dying
Meaning in Tragedy - As I Lay Dying
Confined - As I Lay Dying
Army Of Me - Chimaira
Lost - Dry Kill Logic
Proven - Hatebreed
I Will Be Heard - Hatebreed
Final Prayer - Hatebreed
Devilution - High On Fire
Take This Life - In Flames
Ruin - Lamb Of God
Laid To Rest - Lamb Of God
Straighthate - Sepultura
Death's Head - Slayer
Stain Of Mind - Slayer
Three Nil - Slipknot
Pulse Of The Maggots - Slipknot
The Great Dividers - Unearth

Cr4zYH3aD
03-29-07, 3:50 pm
here's my present playlist

1. 02 - Blood Is The Price Of Glory.mp3
2. 03 - Token Of Time.mp3
3. 04 - Ahti.mp3
4. 04 - Guardians Of Fate.mp3
5. DISTURBED ARE YOU BREATHI.MP3
6. Disturbed - Stupify (4:33)
7. Dope - Die motherfucker Die (3:28)
8. Ensiferum - Dragonheads - 04 - White Storm.mp3
9. Ensiferum - Goblin's Dance [bonus track] (4:29)
10. Ensiferum - Kalevala Melody (1:47)
11. Ensiferum - Little Dreamer (väinämöinen part II) (5:20)
12. Ensiferum - Old Man (väinämöinen) (5:32)
13. Ensiferum - One More Magic Potion (5:21)
14. Ensiferum - Raised By The Sword (6:10)
15. Ensiferum - The New Dawn (3:42)
16. Ensiferum - Victory Song (10:38)
17. Ensiferum - Wanderer (6:32)
18. Ensiferum - Warrior's Quest (4:53)
19. Ensiferum - Windrider (5:40)
20. Manowar - Gods Of War (6:52)
21. Millencolin - TMC - Every Breath You Take (2:06)
22. Mudvayne - Dig (2:43)
23. No Use For A Name - The Daily Grind (2:22)
24. Rammstein - Ramstein - Ich Will (3:11)
25. Randy - You Are What You Fight For (2:45)
26. Rise Against - Prayer Of The Refugee (3:21)
27. SLAYER - Stain Of Mind (3:24)
28. Slayer - Bloodline (3:21)
29. Slayer - War Ensamble (4:51)
30. Slayer - War Zone (2:45)
31. Three Six Mafia - Late Night Tip (4:46)

The most intense song are:
#1 Mudvayne - Dig
#2 Slayer - War Zone
#3 Slayer - Stain Of Mind

Extreme
03-29-07, 4:14 pm
Pre-workout I'm amping my self up with Mudvayne, Slipknot, Rammstein, Linkin Park, Nickleback, Green Day, Disturbed and one of my all time favorite groups PENNYWISE (california punk band). they have some insane tempos and one of the best drummers I've ever heard.

Arbalest
03-29-07, 6:18 pm
You guys are gonna be like "wtf?!" but i've been listening to a lot of praise and worship music...

idk, but it just keeps me focused lately... ;)

dink99
03-30-07, 2:53 am
I have found that pantera, damageplan and black label society seem to have the perfect amount of power to motivate me an set a good tempo for me to keep a pace to.

Khai
03-30-07, 3:00 am
Korn - dead bodies everywhere
eminem- the way i am
these two and im ready to go

mcbeast
03-30-07, 9:44 am
the way i am-wow this song fuels me..probably gna listen during heavy squats today!

brewer
04-01-07, 9:16 am
NEW BAND

omg u gotta get this cd, download ALLLLLLL tracks

the bands name is "Hell Yeah"

lead singer is the lead singer of mudvayne - talk about getting pumped up, its fuuucckkiinnnggg insane

brewer
04-01-07, 9:16 am
http://www.myspace.com/hellyeah

thats their website on myspace .... and the 3 best tracks they have released so far

Maharg
04-01-07, 7:50 pm
Static X destroyer.

dIdDy
04-02-07, 6:31 am
nutshell-Alice in Chains

TufffGuY
04-02-07, 12:01 pm
deftones

Risk
04-02-07, 12:40 pm
Anything Grindcore works well, some Metalcore like Parkway drive gets the pistons firing. I've been grooving to Black Label Society of recent, I just get into the groove of Graveyard diciples when repping :)

TunaBreath
04-06-07, 3:51 pm
Ok guys, we all know how important music is to our training, so how bout we make an official Animal soundtrack.

I'll start it off with the obvious:

Three Days Grace-Animal I have become
Disturbed-The Game

Also, I love listening to motivational speakers. I think if Wrath or Machine could put their articles on CD, I would definitely buy it, and I know it would make a world of difference in our training.

boar
04-06-07, 4:07 pm
If you don't mind I would like to contribute some songs:

Unholy confessions-avenged sevenfold
Chapter Four- Avenged sevenfold
Toxictiy- system of a down
Tier(animal in german)- Rammstein
Breath- the prodigy
Down with the sickness- disturbed
Coming undone-Korn
Victory-puff daddy
Till I collapse-Eminem
In the air tonight-nonpoint
Creeping Death-Metallica
Leeches-In Flames

I could continue but thats prolly the list of songs I most listen to in the gym

brandonA
04-06-07, 4:10 pm
Here's a coulpe for you sound track...

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=2027&highlight=music

Enjoy...
-B

k1usa
04-06-07, 4:20 pm
anyone like the background tunes on the Animal DVD's...its not a band in particular from what the guys at UN say....its just production from the makers...anyway.. I like the tunes...and my 3 1/2 year old was humming it yesterday...and told me.."this song is the big muscle song.."""

brandonA
04-06-07, 4:22 pm
anyone like the background tunes on the Animal DVD's...its not a band in particular from what the guys at UN say....its just production from the makers...anyway.. I like the tunes...and my 3 1/2 year old was humming it yesterday...and told me.."this song is the big muscle song.."""

right on... the big muscle song...love it...kids are great at that age..
-B

JB69
04-11-07, 8:39 am
Limp Bizkit, Korn, Metallica, and Disturbed are my favourites. 'stupify' by Disturbed will motivate me even on the worst of days.

Spikes079
04-11-07, 11:56 am
For sure the heavy stuff stuff like As I Lay Dying or Lamb of God check them out it'll pump you right up

mcbeast
04-11-07, 12:24 pm
Anything Grindcore works well, some Metalcore like Parkway drive gets the pistons firing. I've been grooving to Black Label Society of recent, I just get into the groove of Graveyard diciples when repping :)

parkway drive=coldday in hell amazing

karthik
04-14-07, 12:45 pm
rammstein asche asche, engel, and senshuct

brandonA
04-14-07, 1:29 pm
Don Ho - Tiny Bubbles

-B

Ricky P
04-14-07, 1:32 pm
Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time.

Hahahah YES! I thought I was the only one!

stumblin54
04-14-07, 1:45 pm
Bury Your Dead-Love Lost in a Hail of Gunfire, or any Wu Tang at all before some balls heavy lifting. The GZA's the shit. Peace.

Stumblin

Ricky P
04-14-07, 1:47 pm
Wu Tang - "Bring Tha Mothafuckin' Rukus" - Good call on the Wu, haven't had that pumpin' in a while. "It's Yourz" is pretty serious too.

focused
04-14-07, 1:47 pm
Bury Your Dead-Love Lost in a Hail of Gunfire

Stumblin

thats BLEEDING THROUGH bro. lol but yes. bury your dead AND bleeding through are pretty good. too soft for me though! lol

Budsbythebeach
04-14-07, 1:53 pm
For over all workout i hit repeat on either mudvayne Dig or slipknot duality.

KC Irish
04-14-07, 2:21 pm
THIS SONG GETS ME GEEKED:

Default - Deny

Chin
04-14-07, 2:46 pm
Linkin Park - BY Myself and Recently Three Days Grace - Animal I have Become

maddawg
04-14-07, 2:50 pm
non point - what a day
or
hed pe - raise hell

Gambit
04-14-07, 2:52 pm
"Go to Sleep" by Eminem, DMX, and Obie Trice (and I frickin' hate rap music)

or

"Still haven't found what I'm lookin' for" by U2

focused
04-14-07, 2:52 pm
Job for a Cowboy - Entombment of a Machine

MassManiac
04-14-07, 3:14 pm
Pantera- "Domhollow" (Off their live album)... they slow it down and that shit really gets me goin.

3 Days Grace- "Home"... memories.

Slipknot- "Only One"... check out the lyrics and you'll see why

Pantera- I'm Broken (Live or off the original track)

WSUlifter48
04-14-07, 3:24 pm
"Go to Sleep" by Eminem, DMX, and Obie Trice (and I frickin' hate rap music)

or

"Still haven't found what I'm lookin' for" by U2

that song is the shit, along with bully by eminem. pretty much any of his angry stuff gets me pumped

jhicks3301
04-14-07, 3:40 pm
Drownin pool - Let the bodies hit the floor

Distrubed- Down with the sickness

Korn- Freak on a leash

stumblin54
04-14-07, 4:14 pm
thats BLEEDING THROUGH bro. lol but yes. bury your dead AND bleeding through are pretty good. too soft for me though! lol

HA, you caught me. I was actually listening to Bury Your Dead at the time...guess I was caught up in the moment. Too SOFT? Wow bro, you must like some dirty metal/deathcore shit. Occasionally if I can't wake the fuck up I'll get down to that stuff, but I'll stick with my soft BLEEDING THROUGH ha. Peace.

Stumblin

stumblin54
04-14-07, 4:16 pm
Wu Tang - "Bring Tha Mothafuckin' Rukus" - Good call on the Wu, haven't had that pumpin' in a while. "It's Yourz" is pretty serious too.

Yea bro you know what I'm talkin' about. We got a bunch of metal heads here. I'm either rock or rap. You, G, and I are down with Wu...

C.R.E.A.M.
Stumblin

dbrewer
04-14-07, 5:24 pm
yeah, anything from 36 chambers gets me hyped. I also like Goatwhore and some old school Emperor.

Gunshow
04-14-07, 5:30 pm
About a Burning Fire - Blindside

also anything by everytime i die.

wolfman
04-14-07, 5:51 pm
earshot - wait

OR 10,000 fists - disturbed

jeff00z28
04-14-07, 8:03 pm
i rly like listening to that old terror cd i dunno if any1's heard of them. I'm talkin about the rly old one-Lowest of the Low. That and First Blood-Killafornia

Ricky P
04-14-07, 8:59 pm
Along with that hardcore Wu that Stumblin, G, and myself seem to be partial to.... I also enjoy some of Biggie's shit when he get's real obnoxious, "The Wickedest Freestyle" is pretty on point.

And I'm not a big fan of M.O.P. but.... This song is fire:

Jay-Z and M.O.P. - U Don't Know

This song gets me real hyped with DL's and on the bench on my heavy sets. It's just loud.

Also a big fan of Jadakiss, his voice is a little more mellow but his tracks get me goin'.

brandonA
04-14-07, 9:13 pm
Don Ho - Tiny Bubbles

-B

Bet you guys think that I was kidding...now look...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/ap_on_re_us/obit_ho

R.I.P. Don Ho

-B

Aengus
04-14-07, 9:21 pm
rocky theme music old school baby haha

FUCK
YES

This is actually a problem, because whenever I hear it I feel like jogging in place and shadow-boxing. I have considered hitting sides of beef from time-to-time...the Mrs. won't let me. Something about "restraining orders" and "trespassing"...bullshit if you ask me.

Phil800101
04-14-07, 11:00 pm
There are a few. One is "Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks, and Cannibal Girls" by White Zombie (it's on the Beavis & Butthead Do America Soundtrack. Another is "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath. And of course, "This Love" by Pantera always works.

bigrhino
04-14-07, 11:01 pm
im hafta say some local boys,and some classics

death before dishonor - my family
rob zombie - more human than human
hatebreed- this is now

as far as rap is concerned:
TI. - watchu know
50- probably anything, especially I'll whip ya head boy- love it when banks goes off

that ain't Banks in that song, it Young Buck. His verse is sick.
Pretty much anything by Young Buck or G-Unit gets me going.

***Drama Setter -Tony Yayo
300 shots
hood love- young buck
black gloves- young buck

LegDay_UKIGS
04-14-07, 11:33 pm
It would be Let's Go by Trick Daddy... check it out.

LegDay_UKIGS
04-14-07, 11:43 pm
Yea bro you know what I'm talkin' about. We got a bunch of metal heads here. I'm either rock or rap. You, G, and I are down with Wu...

C.R.E.A.M.
Stumblin

Also a big WU fan. The greatest hits album rocks pretty hard in the MP3 player. I do agree with CREAM and It's Yourz, but also Triumph gets me going.

Hartshorne
04-15-07, 9:42 pm
I usually call in a couple

The One Song.........Chimaira - Powertrip By far the greatest song to lift to ever!!!!

Any Order....
Soulfly - Primitve
Lamb of God - Ruin
Static-X - Push It
Hatebreed - This Is Now
American Head Charge - Cowards
Slipknot - Surfacing
Dope - Survive
Throwdown - (Intro) Never Back Down
Pantera - Becoming
Dry Kill Logic - Rot
DevilDriver - I Could Care Less
Mudvayne - Dig
Born From Pain - Behind Enemy Lines

Make this playlist you will not be disappointed.

LHS Monster
04-15-07, 10:01 pm
Not I - demonhunter
Now You've hot something to die for - The lamb of god

JeffFrandano
04-15-07, 10:05 pm
Numb Remix- Linkin Park, Jay-Z, Dr.Dre, Eminem, 50-Cent

LooTPacK
04-15-07, 11:15 pm
Chevelle- Forfeit

Iron4Life
04-15-07, 11:48 pm
Robert Duncans Main Title to the tv show the unit; Based on USMC running cadence Fired Up... its the shit

tapout
04-16-07, 12:12 am
linkin parks - qwerty

not sure if thats just the leak name or actually name

TimMF
04-16-07, 12:16 am
I have 3 sets of music I have before my big lifts..

One is the "They're only Chasing Safety" CD by Underoath.. Especially "It's dangerous business walking out your front door"

Another is "American Soldier" by Toby Keith.. Grown up a country boy, that song has such powerful lyrics it keeps me motivated.. (My song of choice most likely)

And finally "Trigger" by In Flames

PowerBuilder
04-16-07, 7:15 pm
Refused - new noise...

Armani43
04-16-07, 8:19 pm
Bon Jovi- livin' on a prayer (for high rep)
Korn- coming undone

Spikes079
04-16-07, 8:23 pm
Vulture by A Life Once Lost
and Resurrection by Chimaira

Little Houghton
04-16-07, 8:28 pm
"lookin' shife" p.s.c.
"Do it like me", "Thou Shall" or pretty much anything else by buck.

Gunshow
04-16-07, 10:46 pm
I have 3 sets of music I have before my big lifts..

One is the "They're only Chasing Safety" CD by Underoath.. Especially "It's dangerous business walking out your front door"

Another is "American Soldier" by Toby Keith.. Grown up a country boy, that song has such powerful lyrics it keeps me motivated.. (My song of choice most likely)

And finally "Trigger" by In Flames

have you heard underoaths newer cd?? Its 10xmore hardcore... pumps me up alot more than they're only chasing safety...

BIG45s
04-16-07, 10:51 pm
Sad but True: Metallica

Peace

BIG45s

Targac21
04-17-07, 3:09 am
Get Fucking Determined and Dig by Mudvayne
Also anything by chimaira is insane.

REAPER
04-17-07, 3:12 am
mudvayne- Dig

Malloy1344
04-17-07, 9:56 am
Gotta say Heretic Anthem by Slipknot hands down.

Bomber
04-17-07, 10:00 am
New Album, Hell Yeah.
Crank it up 11 on the dial....serious ass-reping music.

Dingo
04-17-07, 10:25 am
Been a country boy all my life and I bring it into the gym with me. Chris LeDoux, Waylon Jennings, Montgomery Gentry. Pumped me up when I rode bulls and it does the same for me when I'm lifting. Not your normal mindset music but it's my style and I like it.
country boy here too, love chris ledoux, but i cant really pick any like that that would get me fired up for the gym.

I prefer disturbed - droppin plates and get psycho right before i get outamy truck and into the gym.

MyWar
04-17-07, 12:09 pm
"A New Level", Pantera

Listened to it yesterday and upped my max deadlift by 40 lbs.

GrizzlyLB
04-17-07, 12:18 pm
The song that gets me pumped up is "Superstar" by Saliva.

I think it has to do with the fact I watched fucking Dragon Ball Z when I was growing up... I know how lame that shit sounds but I used to get pumped when songs like that would play right before they beat the living shit out of a guy.

other songs that I can get into are:

Bat Country - Beast and the Harlot (the beginning is sick "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man!)

Breaking me down - Soil

Feuer Frei - Ramstien

Where ever I may Roam - Metallica (always played during football max-out)

Over and Under <or> You make me sick- Egypt Central (they're getting some publicity around my area and still aren't huge yet, but they have some really fucking good tracks. I recommend anyone who likes rock to give them a shot)

Those are mine, take care brothers!
-Grizz

COLE
04-17-07, 12:24 pm
Mudvayne- "Dig"

Like wise.

mcbeast
04-17-07, 12:58 pm
till i collapse-eminem
jump the fuck up-soulfly
soldier-eminem
prophecy-soulfly
the skies were filled with fire-suffokate
bang bang-rammstein
du hast-rammstein
& alot more...mainly on dead days

Rhetoric
04-17-07, 2:15 pm
Wow... not much hip-hop fellas. I have a few:
Jedi Mind Tricks - "Heavenly Divine" (I know, sounds like a pretty weak song... it's not)
Eminem - "Till I Collapse"
Jedi Mind Tricks - "Heavy Metal Kings"

mcbeast
04-17-07, 2:27 pm
t.i has some good deep bass beats for lifting..
eminem/dmx/obie--go to sleep is also a good oone

Cstlfx
04-17-07, 2:55 pm
Pantera - "Fucking Hostile"

emcdaniels
04-17-07, 3:02 pm
The Grudge - Tool

About 5.5 minutes thru the song where Maynard unloads that near minute long scream...gets the blood flowing everytime.

Brute Strength
04-17-07, 3:03 pm
Any slipknot song gets me pumped.

rhino_7
04-17-07, 7:44 pm
i listen to any old linkin park, lots of kid rock and rage against the machine, and pantera.

Hikeon3
04-18-07, 1:09 am
Reggie and the Full Effect - Ode to Manheim Steamroller

Thrice - Identity Crisis

Darkest Hour - The Sadist Nation

Coheed and Cambria - Three Evils (Embodied in Love)

Shai Hulud - This Wake I Myself Have Stirred

Stretch Armstrong - For Now

From Autumn to Ashes - Cherry Kiss

Nulllogik
04-18-07, 10:10 am
The Haunted - The Flood
Or
Arch Enemy - Silent Wars (awesome guitars BTW)

Pretty much anything Death Metal...

bleed_alone
04-18-07, 10:15 am
i have to agree...forever is a killer...well almost haha hack u know what im talkin bout

i have also almost been brutally murdered during this song at their shows haha

STRAIGHT FUCKIN EDGEEEE --breakdown--

as far as other songs, halfway into the song 'romance is dead' by parkway drive, there is a part where everything just stops, and the vocalist screams "SO CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER, BITCH" and then a totally intense breakdown comes in where i feel like i can lift anything as i explode on the first beat.

i'd definitely recommend it.

Wreck
04-18-07, 12:56 pm
first 30 secondes of "bring my to live" Amy Lee and Seether

Giant Killer
04-18-07, 12:58 pm
The Black Dahlia Murder- Funeral Thirst
Static-X- Push It
Rammstein- Du Hast
Bleeding Through- Love Lost in a Hail of Gunfire
3-6 Mafia- Side to Side

The Prodigy
04-18-07, 2:15 pm
rage against the machine- guerilla radio
when this song plays, something inside of you snaps, and shit hits the fan

Joff the Beast
04-18-07, 2:19 pm
For me, Rammstein is the best to pump iron. I pick their most agressive song and put them on my mp3 player. Also like :

Rage against the machine - Killing in the name of
Disturbed - Down with the sickness
System of a down - Chop Suey
Pantera - Walk
Mettalica - For whom the bell tolls

Fury317
04-18-07, 2:29 pm
Rammstein-Du Hast. I thought it was pretty cool when they played it at the Arnold when Sarge was about to deadlift. It was blasting through the whole place.... I think it was when he was gonna deadlift?

beastfromtheeast
04-18-07, 2:41 pm
Bleeding through - on wings of lead
rammstein - keine lust

Liftbig21
04-18-07, 3:13 pm
Lamb of god-Black label
bleeding through-revenge i seek
SLayer-here comes the pain
Underoath-I dont feel very receptive today
Norma jean-coffinspire
mudvayne-dig
korn-Lets do this now/right now/blind/yall wanna single
Heaven shall burn-the weapon they fear
hatebreed- i will be heard
elysia-incinerate
limp bizkit-rollin remix
em/dmx-go to sleep
50 cent-you dont know
disturbed-violence fetish/stupify/downwiththesickness
breaking benjamin-who wants to live forever
as i lay dying-through stuggle

Spikes079
04-18-07, 7:46 pm
Lamb of god-Black label
bleeding through-revenge i seek
SLayer-here comes the pain
Underoath-I dont feel very receptive today
Norma jean-coffinspire
mudvayne-dig
korn-Lets do this now/right now/blind/yall wanna single
Heaven shall burn-the weapon they fear
hatebreed- i will be heard
as i lay dying-through stuggle

All those pump me right up!

FaceThePain
04-18-07, 7:50 pm
One song?
It would have to be either

Stemm - Face The Pain
or
Sevendust - Denial

However I listen to Stemm, Disturbed, Sevendust, Dark New Day, System of a Down, etc.

NeverGonnaStop
04-18-07, 8:14 pm
i listen to the heavy stuff when i lift, ie: every song on this list before me...
but for that big lift i go with....

sad songs say so much, by Elton John

i kno it sounds odd, but give it a try, u will be hooked

k1usa
04-18-07, 8:20 pm
just found a Disturbed cd from my big boys old collection ....and in the car ce player it went...and it rocks...love it...and that the 53 year old talken here....rock me big baby...love the pounding hard rock kick my ass for more music........stay tuned......

Deezy
04-18-07, 8:22 pm
Dont Stay - Linkin Park

Joff the Beast
04-18-07, 9:20 pm
My favorite song is "Stay tuned" by Universal Rep, it pumps the hell out of me !

king1
04-18-07, 9:27 pm
Ive gotten tired of this song from using it on my top sets everyday. But about 3 minutes in (youll know what i mean if you hear it) it gets pretty intense
Aphex Twin- Come to Daddy

lil ox
04-19-07, 7:28 pm
Push-It and Dirthouse by Static-X along with anything from Sevendust. My kids just look at me like I'm a maniac but that shit fucking rocks!

YeaILift
04-20-07, 12:11 pm
I know we have some threads on here about what bands/genre of music you lift to... my question is this... when you're getting ready for that one big lift... whether it's deads, squats, bench... whatever... what's the one song that's almost guaranteed to fire you up through the set?

Jim Jones-We fly high.

Corvizzle
04-20-07, 12:23 pm
three 6 mafia "its a fight" -mason dixon's theme song from Rocky Balboa

or story of the year "Jarhead"

cryex
04-20-07, 1:04 pm
Mudvayne- "Dig"

Agree with Dig being really good. Maybe you should check out Dig [Future Remix]. If that doesn't pump you up.... I don't know what will.

I find that some trance music gets me really focused when lifting. But it sort of calms me too, so it has its drawbacks

Then there are two others

Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama
In Flames - My Sweet Shadow

Happy lifting

Iron_Spirit
04-20-07, 11:53 pm
After two years of searching for the ultimate songs for going all-out on one or two reps, I've listened to rap, techno, meta, death metal, hard rock even some shit that I don't know how it is classified, old and new.... anyways found these to be the best:

Rage Against The Machine - Tire Me (Makes you defiant)
Lamb of God - My redemption, Your Demise (Makes you think you're monster)
Hatebreed - Doomsayer (another monster song)
Hatebreed - Give wings to my triumph (Makes you feel like the struggling underdog)

Try them out. I promise you pain.

rob3rtson
04-21-07, 12:32 am
i love the smooth and flowing beat to rap mostly underground rap because its meaningful and theres a fresh ass constant flow of up beat sounnds i recomend...

uncommon valor by jedi mind tricks, its a dope ass story about guys going through vietnam

or

L.A. by murs, gess what its about LA!! hes probably got the power to make everyone love underground

Fridge
04-21-07, 5:45 am
Wild boys-Duran duran
Cro-cops entrance song, fuckin gets me goin anyday. Perfect for pushin up that last rep.

Armani43
04-21-07, 10:56 am
jim jones- pin the tail

trust me its the shit...

Tha Crazy Irishman
04-21-07, 1:02 pm
Bury Your Dead-Love Lost in a Hail of Gunfire, Peace.

Stumblin

i agree this song is my number 1!

also (hed) P.E. - Pac Bell

and DJ Baby Anne- Mixstress

KYFMS
04-21-07, 1:32 pm
Throwdown- Forever. or Terror- Overcome

swrdfsh413
04-21-07, 2:37 pm
Disturbed- Down With The Sickness

feelthepain12
04-22-07, 12:08 am
Disturbed- Down With The Sickness

That's definitely one of my top 3. Another one of my favorites, don't rag on me too hard here anybody, but I like to listen to the mortal kombat theme song right before a big lift. That and Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance song. If anyone here watches or used to watch wrestling they should know what I'm talking about. I think it's also by Disturbed.

rocky36
04-22-07, 12:28 am
i think your talking about "glass shaters" for his entrance music ... not sure though its been awhile

as for the 1 song id have to say either "move" by thousand foot crutch, "sway" by coal chamber or "loco" also by coal chamber...try em out

USMARINE
04-22-07, 12:33 am
Pm5k, Slipknot Anything Harsh Really Works For.

Maximus
04-22-07, 12:42 am
Bring me to life-evanesence, especially from 2:40-3:00min in the song
Call me when your sober is also great too

Stupify(remix)-disturbed
Hell-disturbed

Points of Authority-Linkin Park, especially from 1:55-2:16 in the song
This song here has always been standby-x-ecutioner style from linkin park's reanimation CD...

Dark chest of wonders-Nightwish...another bad melody

Red_Rum
04-22-07, 2:58 pm
i just get crazy when i hear these two songs:

Capleton- More them try
it goes like:

the more them try to kill me, the more i live longer,
the more them try to beat me, the more i get stronger,
the more them try to fool me, the more i get wiser.........

Sizzla Kalonji- solid as a rock

this one goes like:

i'm so solid as a rock, they just can't stop me now
even if they pull up road block, they just can't stop me now.

those are two of my favourite reggae songs. they make me conscious of my own strength so i can retaliate against the weight pressing on my shoulders.

Stay strong

cubs1987
04-22-07, 9:40 pm
I would have to say my two favorites are:

Live for this - Hatebreed
Biggest and the Best - Clawfinger

These always make me go nuts

born0withno0soul
04-22-07, 9:42 pm
there were some good picks in here but no one named the gods of music- deftones. lol, i like deftones and especially "my own summer" pumps me up

Angst
04-22-07, 9:46 pm
Bring me to life-evanesence, especially from 2:40-3:00min in the song
Call me when your sober is also great too

Stupify(remix)-disturbed
Hell-disturbed

Points of Authority-Linkin Park, especially from 1:55-2:16 in the song
This song here has always been standby-x-ecutioner style from linkin park's reanimation CD...

Dark chest of wonders-Nightwish...another bad melody

Looks like i'm not the only one who likes Evanesence lol, a lot of their songs makes good posing music also.

***WTM***
04-22-07, 10:10 pm
P.O.D. - LIghts out and Outkast

Family Force 5 - Earthquake

Hartshorne
04-23-07, 3:23 am
as far as other songs, halfway into the song 'romance is dead' by parkway drive, there is a part where everything just stops, and the vocalist screams "SO CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER, BITCH" and then a totally intense breakdown comes in where i feel like i can lift anything as i explode on the first beat.

i'd definitely recommend it.

Thanks, these guys are awesome.
Definitely will be used in my call to Iron.
Bad ass call

BuffLove1
04-23-07, 3:27 am
Rise Against, "The Good Left Undone"

"Not a day goes by that I don't feel it's burn
There's a point you pass from which you can't return
I feel the cold rain of the coming storm..."

A very, very Animal song...

dIdDy
04-23-07, 4:22 am
Rise Against, "The Good Left Undone"

"Not a day goes by that I don't feel it's burn
There's a point you pass from which you can't return
I feel the cold rain of the coming storm..."

A very, very Animal song...

i'm gonna check this one out

Adonis
04-23-07, 5:13 am
"Wild Boys" Duran Duran

Okay fellas, so it's from the 80's but who are we kidding. This song will set you free from all the bullshit in our everyday lives. It'll set you straight and set your focus. So it may not be the best song for your last set of squats or yoru heavy chest day, BUT it is one of the best songs to listen to during warm-ups. Check it out, lemme know

U4icPain
04-23-07, 12:15 pm
Disturbed - "Dropping Plates"

"You said it couldn't be done
Told me that it's the kind of battle
That just couldn't be won, you know
You're too sick, too hard, too fucked in the head
You'll never make it, no, not in this lifetime
Well guess again my friend
Don't act suprised
We got the bass drum kick
That will blow out your eyes, huh,
Cause when you hear this shit
You'll get to steppin'
Gonna fight the war
And use my music as a weapon"

MetalAsh12
04-23-07, 6:14 pm
Lamb Of God- Ashes of the Wake; All songs on this album are great for intensity...if you like death metal that is :)

Death metal always gets the blood flowing...

rocky36
04-23-07, 7:57 pm
Disturbed - "Dropping Plates"

"You said it couldn't be done
Told me that it's the kind of battle
That just couldn't be won, you know
You're too sick, too hard, too fucked in the head
You'll never make it, no, not in this lifetime
Well guess again my friend
Don't act suprised
We got the bass drum kick
That will blow out your eyes, huh,
Cause when you hear this shit
You'll get to steppin'
Gonna fight the war
And use my music as a weapon"

good shit i just downloaded it very good song some kick ass lyrics to bro

xman
04-23-07, 8:10 pm
Avenged Sevenfold

Bernhard380
04-23-07, 8:15 pm
ETOWN CONCRETE for all the jersey crowd

J 2the att
04-23-07, 10:34 pm
Juice by tupac, Big L, and Big Pun
Let's go by Lil Jon
You already know by lloyd banks, 50 cent, and young buck
I'm a soldier (remix) by G-Unit
I'm a rider
Push em back by Young buck
Move Bitch by ludacris

Also the saw theme song is sick if you want to get pumped up

BoulderMan
04-24-07, 1:47 pm
I usually like As I Lay Dying to get me pumped up quick. "Forever" or "94 Hours" are good. Also some Deftones, Lamb of God, Atreyu, a few Slayer songs, Killswitch Engage, Rise Against... I gotta have a good variety all the time. Just depends on my mood.

Guardian
04-24-07, 2:10 pm
medium beat (goes well with the rep pace)
hands down

Linkin Park - Papercut

"It's like a face that I hold inside
A face that awakes when I close my eyes
A face that watches everytime I lie
A face that laughs every time I fall..."

Pure Brutal
04-25-07, 3:06 pm
anyone else hear the new limp bizkit songs?

http://www.youtube.com/v/0K_5LzcthCs

http://www.youtube.com/v/hLmtgWW9KXo

billmd1334
04-25-07, 3:33 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva
Mouth for War - Pantera
Push it - Static-X

Those are just a few that are pushing me lately

The_Dude
04-25-07, 4:17 pm
Get Inside - by Stone Sour

Hines22
04-30-07, 7:38 pm
There is nothing that pumps me up more than Atreyu

then come Unearth and Killswitch Engage

Sometimes i even kick it old school with megadeath and metallica

hard riffs and big voices go a long way with me

wbstud02
04-30-07, 8:14 pm
#1 alltime favorite is Disturbed -want the rest of the songs on my playlist are are also from disturbed- get psycho, stupified, voices, and the game nothing pumps me up like these songs do.

dominatetheiron
05-05-07, 2:44 am
i was just sitting here kinda bored after my work shift and wondered what you guys listen to for music. When you work out when your not working out just curious. i live heavy metal personally some of my favs are hatebreeed, kill switch engage, slipknot, mudvayne, tons of other shit. every now and then eminem and 50 get some play but not much.

Big Jawn
05-05-07, 2:50 am
Hey Bro,

There are already numerous threads on this topic, please use the search function before starting threads on something you think may already be posted.

Thanks,

Big Jawn

SomeDayI'llBeXL
05-06-07, 3:07 pm
I know pretty much everyone has posted on here, and the post is pretty much full, but I have one more reply for you guys. For all you Pantera and Mudvayne fans out there, check out the Band Hell Yeah. Its Vinnie Paul's new project and they kick some serious ass. The lead singer to Mudvayne is singing for this group. It almost brought a tear to my eye when I found out Vinnie was back behind the drum set. I miss Pantera. Just thought Id let you guys no.

dexz101
05-06-07, 3:21 pm
You said the name of the band is hell yeah? Is there an album out? Vulgar Display is my #1 workout music.

SomeDayI'llBeXL
05-06-07, 3:55 pm
Yes, thats the name of the band. the album was dropped about 2 months ago. Vulgar Display is also one of my top pics as well

Good Luck Brothers

Apollos
05-06-07, 10:07 pm
I'm kinda with Arbalest on this one, If I hit up some gregorian church hymns right before to get focused, It pumps me up like crazy. Kinda weird but I feel like I'm about ta go to war, need to get right with God first. Two really good songs that always get me jacked are Straight out of Line by Godsmack, and Laides and Gentlemen by Saliva. Also, the soundtrack from 300 is frickin awesome if you want some war music (the movie rocked too). To Victory is the best song

GK37
05-08-07, 1:59 am
please share your fav songs.
my personal faves are anything by In Flames and some Soilwork

Dedicated2Liftin
05-08-07, 2:16 am
Beast and the Harlot: AX7.

dominatetheiron
05-08-07, 2:20 am
to the threshold Hatebreed
No easy way out (rocky soundtrack)
wait and bleed slipknot

dIdDy
05-08-07, 5:27 am
dude, theres like a hundred threads on this...just search "music"

Ter11h
05-08-07, 7:57 am
Chevelle is great to get pumped

The TITANIC
05-08-07, 8:02 am
anything that makes me dig deep... like norah jones,but mostly rap

Space Cowboy
05-08-07, 9:09 am
Its incredible in my gym, everyone, and i mean EVERYONE has there ipod on them, coz the music the gym supplies is beyond a joke. Seriously, BRITNEY, N-SYNC, COLDPLAY (and there the better more upbeat ones!), i cant bear it, so i alternate between some thumpin rock (TOOL, DEFTONES, SYSTEM OF A DOWN) and heavy beats from HOUSE/GARAGE/HIP-HOP.

o2
05-08-07, 10:46 am
This morning I woke up with Pearl Jam's cover of The Who's "Love Reign O'er Me" I'm already pumped!!!!

I'm def a rock fan when I'm working out. I could get into rap, but I would have to make the play list, nothing but fast beats and sick flows would do the trick. The radio is plain garbage, so its best left to some good rock.

Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
some Black Sabbath
Deftones
System of a Down
Metallica
Rage
and whatever else is jammin me out

GK37
05-09-07, 12:26 am
thx

StockRock
05-09-07, 1:53 pm
Cardio: Rave techno haha
Lifting: Rage, and anything with a heavy beat or bomb lyrics

hazarddude334
05-09-07, 7:38 pm
truethfully ive hit some pr's to kelly clarkson since you been gone its funny and its gets my right into rythem
but alien ant farm
and of course disturbed or system of the down will allways pump me up

RooRooTJ
05-09-07, 7:42 pm
Cardio - Staind - "So far away", Virgos Merlot - "Kiss my disease"

Lift - 18 Visions - "Victum", System of a down - "Prison Song"

IntensityJT
05-21-07, 3:18 pm
Mudvayne
Hatebreed
American Head Charge
System Of A Down