PDA

View Full Version : Music For The Mindset In The Gym

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Freakshow
01-08-07, 6:22 pm
My favorite songs to lift to are by Three Days Grace (Animal I Have Become, Pain, I Hate Everything About You, etc...). Gotta love some old-school rock too.

thatoneguy
01-08-07, 6:24 pm
Rock, for sure.

My favorite songs to lift to are by Three Days Grace (Animal I Have Become, Pain, I Hate Everything About You, etc...). Gotta love some old-school rock too.

if you like old rock, check out anihilation time. sounds like old black sabbath with some skate punk it

Metal and Classic are the best to pump it up!! Actually I’m addicted to Lamb of God- Sacrament… Nicee!!

Bear
01-08-07, 6:38 pm
I agree with most of the fellas on here. Hard rock and Metal. My favorite artists are Pro-Pain, Throwdown, Sepultura, Soulfly, and Full Blown Chaos... But if I had to go with a song that got me going, it would be "Burn" By Throwdown.

Thorgrym
01-08-07, 7:18 pm
I listen to heavier music as well.

Personal favorite bands would be Hatebreed, Mudvayne, Pantera and prolly some slipknot in there too.

#1 song would be "I will be heard" by Hatebreed, awesome song to get the blood boiling for heavy lifting.

Thor

BeastofBurden
01-08-07, 7:21 pm
those are awesome bands.. throwdown, hatebreed, and disturbed are my personal favorites with some 30 seconds to Mars thrown in for a post workout "cool down".. I'm definetly gonna be downloading all these bands that you guys have been mentioning too. My all time fav that gets me goin is "dropping plates" by disturbed. Enjoy..

Death_ADDER
01-08-07, 7:25 pm
I listen a lot to slipknot, static-x and anything thats fairly heavy. Thats all pre-workout... when I'm in the gym I'm focused so much that I dont hear anything... so I dont bring any music.

Steve

Jon
01-08-07, 8:32 pm
I listen to metal like Slayer,Slipknot,Malmsteen,Metallica; and I mix it up with some rap/hip-hop..DMX,Ice cube,Game,DPGC ...really gets me goin

J-Dawg
01-08-07, 8:35 pm
For me nothing beats, old school prog/thrash metal like; Metallica, Megadeth, Savatage, Pantera etc.

Magnum
01-08-07, 8:43 pm
I can always count on Disturbed for squat day. Also big on Slipknot and Static-X. For warmups I like Godsmack and Korn.

Maharg
01-08-07, 8:45 pm
personally i love heavy metal for my lifts like slipknot mudvayne yadda yadda but the greatest song to hit my heavist sets is to play mudavyne determined if that don't get you going you have a problem.

MaHaRg

NickSP
01-08-07, 9:05 pm
Anything fucking loud and/or hateful. Whoever said I Will Be Heard by Hatebreed is right on. Disturbed's probably my number one choice, and then Metallica. Drowning Pool, Fear Factory, Linkin Park, some of Staind's stuff especially the old shit

bigjay
01-08-07, 9:53 pm
Anything hard, metal, rap you name it

TYEster
01-08-07, 10:11 pm
Adema
Chimaira
Trivium
Breaking Benjamin
Lamb of God
Mudvayne("Dig" in particular)
Skillet
Strapping Young Lad
Amon Amarth
At The Gates
Dimension Zero
Disturbed
Malevolent Creation

Just to name a few...

And some rap, the "heavier" stuff I suppose.

MELTDOWN
01-08-07, 10:17 pm
Gonna throw a wrench in and show some age....the drive over to the gym is about 15 minutes and every day I hit The Gap Band "You dropped the Bomb on me"...E.L.O "Don't Bring me Down"... Honeymoon Suite "New Girl Now"...and Krokus "Headhunter" or "Stayed Awake all Night". All you whipper snappers can Google the rusty dusty stuff and laugh at me later, but it works my brain.

TheNaturalG
01-08-07, 10:44 pm
Anything that has words that gets me fired up. There aresome songs I listen to that are not exactly the most hardcore but the words fire me up. One personal favorite of mine is Bullets by Creed

TortureKiller
01-08-07, 10:52 pm
Gotta be metal, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, Throwdown, Hatebreed, Slayer, Black Dahlia Murder, whatever it is gotta be heavy, just like the weights

aznlifter
01-08-07, 10:56 pm
eminem, disturbed, rocky 4 soundtrack

widdlewade44
01-08-07, 10:57 pm
Anything hard, metal, rap you name it

Amen brother. Pantera, Danzig, Korn, Ministry, Xzibit, Ice Cube...the list goes on and on. Always looking to add material to my collection. Alice In Chains has gotten me through many a leg day..."Dirt"

Kevin
widdlewade44

Big Jawn
01-08-07, 11:24 pm
Your all metalheads...I feel all alone. Then again, fuck it, I like being different.

Talib Kweli
Jadakiss
Grits
Nas
Apathy
Asamov
Asheru
Beatnutz
Cam'ron
Clipse
Jay Z
Dead Prez
Immortal Technique
Gza
Rza
Wutang
TI
Styles P
J Dilla

But thats just a few, I like the other genres too...but thats the list for today.

NickSP
01-08-07, 11:37 pm
One personal favorite of mine is Bullets by Creed

Good call.

deeder
01-09-07, 12:58 am
Slipknot - My Plague.

Death_ADDER
01-09-07, 1:09 am
Slipknot - My Plague.

If your not pumped after that... then you got issues. Awesome song.

Steve

trustcompany107
01-09-07, 1:10 am
heres my current itunes metal/rock.. it gets me fired up some none other:

adema
alice in chains
breakin benjamin
crossfade
disturbed
drowning pool
incubus
korn
linkin park
marlyn manson
nine inch nails
saliva
slipknot
system of a down (best shit ever)

Trooper
01-09-07, 1:26 am
Its a big mixture. It can go from alot of techno(for cardio) to heavy stuff. Benni Bennassi
The Game
Eminem
50 Cent
Mudvayne
Pro-Pain
Strike Anywhere
Hatebreed
Killswitch Engage
Atreyu
Korn
Mobb Deep

But in reality, all you need is the right mindset. Music isnt gonna lift the weight for ya!

Phil800101
01-09-07, 1:32 am
My favorites:

Rammstein
Pantera
Slayer
Black Sabbath
Misfits (when they had Danzig)
Black Flag
Ice Cube
Cypress Hill
Prodigy (especially for cardio)

Besides that, I have a bunch of classic rock, alternative, rap, techno, and even oldies on my iPod that I'll listen to when I'm hitting the iron.

Targac21
01-09-07, 1:43 am
I am more of a hard rock person and I recomend if you like anything hard and intense you should try some of these Bands in no particular order.
36 Crazyfists, Fear Factory, Breaking Benjamin, 3 Days Grace, Soil, Crossfade, Rammstein, Finch, As I Lay Dying, and Shinedown.

Toni69
01-09-07, 2:38 am
Honestly, I can listen to any music, but its the smell of the gym that gets me goin. As soon as I open that front door, its like I have beeb put under a trance and the adrenaline just instantly kicks in..I am ready to hit it hard! Maybe not as hard as you heavy lifters...but I am the only chick in my gym that lifts the way I do and this gym is as old school as you can get. I had to surely earn my seat when I made my first appearance in this place.

determined
01-09-07, 8:51 am
PANTERA and WU-TANG

ghost
01-09-07, 8:57 am
k, this will sound odd.....but celtic music....like bagpipes. gotta love your heritage. im Irish and listen to celtic music constantly. a good set of bagpipes will help me push harder than heavy metal will.

Yeah also TOOL...God i love that group

G Diesel
01-09-07, 9:23 am
PANTERA and WU-TANG

There you go... The best of both worlds. If ever there was music laced with pure testosterone you nailed the two groups square on the head. Peace, G

Detonator
01-09-07, 9:35 am
Atreyu
Children of Bodom - Stockholm Knockout Live Album ( One the best albums I've ever heard )
Pantera
Cradle of Filth
InFlames
Killswitch Engage
Metallica - Their old stuff...

InternalMassacr
01-09-07, 9:40 am
...yea music is an absolute must before a workout and to help you cope with the world of s*it out there...some bands that help me get through during tough times and in the gym.

Devolved
E-town Concrete
Morbid Angel
Slipknot
Suffocation
Anaal Nathrakh
Metallica
Hatebreed
Candiria
Sepultura
Killswitch Engage
Cradle of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Children of Bodom

...and bunch of others.

Wolf Man CHG
01-09-07, 10:04 am
Thorgrym..I agree with that Hatebreed song....that song never leaves my Ipod.

Hard Hard rock is the order of the day.....recent bands that get me jacked are: StoneSour-their new cd is ridiculous
Avenged Sevenfold- their earlier cd's are balls out hard rock

Maharg
01-09-07, 10:12 am
Honestly, I can listen to any music, but its the smell of the gym that gets me goin. As soon as I open that front door, its like I have beeb put under a trance and the adrenaline just instantly kicks in..I am ready to hit it hard! Maybe not as hard as you heavy lifters...but I am the only chick in my gym that lifts the way I do and this gym is as old school as you can get. I had to surely earn my seat when I made my first appearance in this place.

hey if you are in the gym busting your ass like the rest of us, you earned your spot. And as for the weight issue, who gives a damn? you're there and the weight is moving thats the important part.

Cheko
01-09-07, 10:24 am
Mudvayne - (Determined)
Static X
Chevelle
Coal Chamber
Blood Simple
*Basically all the "Kill your Mother" music

ghost
01-09-07, 4:55 pm
another thing that helps me get in the mindset to really hit it hard...is this site..these forums..reading the inspirations of my fellow brothers out there, really gets my blood flowing and powers me up

InternalMassacr
01-09-07, 5:50 pm
another thing that helps me get in the mindset to really hit it hard...is this site..these forums..reading the inspirations of my fellow brothers out there, really gets my blood flowing and powers me up

you're right, shit I wondered numerous times if all this shit is worth it. This website, these articles and everybody here get engraved so deep in my throat that I cannot stop, even if I wanted to...

ghost
01-09-07, 5:55 pm
it isnt just worth it...this is our blood. these articles flow through our veins....feeding our need, our need to push the weight. our need to excel in this lifestyle.

budgell
01-09-07, 7:34 pm
Ive finally found it, the one niche of people that shares my taste in music.

Old metallica (James is one man who NEEDS to get back into drugs and alcohol abuse)
Slipknot
Mudvayne
Rob Zombie
Disturbed
Tool
Rammstein
Pantera
Children of Bodom

I dont have the funds to get some fancy MP3 player or iPod, so I'm still rockin an MP3 diskman, thats my "Get shit done" disk. I used it for workout day, and mowin the lawn (2 acres, push mower. Cardio at its finest.)

jDubs
01-09-07, 8:10 pm
2 favorites right now..
metallica-enter sandman
guns n roses-welcome to the jungle

rap/rock hard and heavy, i love havin a couple songs i can dial up before a big lift to get me goin.

J-Dawg
01-09-07, 8:40 pm
E-town Concrete

One of the all time greatest underground NJ bands. I was just listening to Time to Shine in my car on the way to the gym. That album is absolute pure raw aggression.

lionheart
01-09-07, 9:14 pm
I can always count on Disturbed to get me fired up. I also like to jam to metallica, megadeath, avenged sevenfold...anything that is hardcore

chanman83
01-09-07, 10:32 pm

Personal favorite bands would be Hatebreed, Mudvayne, Pantera and prolly some slipknot in there too.

#1 song would be "I will be heard" by Hatebreed, awesome song to get the blood boiling for heavy lifting.

Thor

HELL YEAH DAWGG that what I'm talking about.

My #1 is DIG by mudvayne bt all the bands you just said I listen to also. I'll add Korn, Killswitch engage, Disturbed, and I LOVE DMX also.

InternalMassacr
01-09-07, 11:00 pm
One of the all time greatest underground NJ bands. I was just listening to Time to Shine in my car on the way to the gym. That album is absolute pure raw aggression.

damn right...time 2 shine and the second coming are amongst the greatest in my collection...pure emotion and anger towards everything that pisses on you..

I always wondered why they never hit rockstar status with those landmark albums

hscrugger
01-10-07, 3:42 am
Flogging Molly
Tech N9ne
Godsmack
Dropkick Murphys
Eminem
Marilyn Manson
Rammstein
Nas
Jay-Z w/ Linkin Park
DMX
Metallica (Just Kill 'Em All and a few selected tracks like Master of Puppets and Fuel)

but yeah... if Flogging Molly doesn't get it going, you should check your pulse, because you might be dead.

brennan

X5_2002
01-10-07, 1:10 pm
Anything alternative rock, metal! And I love it turned up LOUD!

Crzylizard
01-10-07, 3:53 pm
Anyhting by Lamb of God.

Hard, Heavy, Fast true American Metal

Or In Flames, always good for the adreneline.

steeladdiction
01-10-07, 3:58 pm
METAL is my gym music. throwdown, terror, hatebreed, disturbed etc.

goody19
01-10-07, 6:36 pm
killswitch engage, submersed (hollow), any metal really, and in the air tonight by phil collins

dmnspdg
01-10-07, 6:38 pm
I crank Hatebreed, Killswitch, BLS, etc....
Even have some Clutch, Metallica, Pantera, Prong, etc...all the oldies

I have to tell you though nothin beats Jamie Jasta tearing through your head!!

dmnspdg
01-10-07, 7:01 pm
I have to add one more band. I may be dating myself here, but any MetalWarriors out there?

ManOwaR

Henrikson
01-10-07, 10:14 pm
hatebreed throwdown, perfect mix with a lil threat signal, ill nino, chimaira and Full Blown CHaos

ARES
01-11-07, 12:43 pm
Pantera
Great Southern Trendkill Album
Especially the song Living Through Me (Hells Wrath)

Hulk
01-11-07, 8:00 pm
As I read in an an animal article the sounds of weights and blood rushing

MELTDOWN
01-11-07, 8:33 pm
I have to add one more band. I may be dating myself here, but any MetalWarriors out there?

ManOwaR

Welcome my brother, we are the Metal Kings...the Kings of Metal album cover is my target goal for size and definition..got the hair, just trying to catch up with the body....Blow your Speakers while Fighting the World !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan
01-11-07, 8:49 pm
Lately I've gone without listening to music which kind of sucks considering my gym plays the slowest most depressing music you could ever workout to. But when I do it's the same as most of you metal or anything heavy to get ya going.

dmnspdg
01-11-07, 11:35 pm
Welcome my brother, we are the Metal Kings...the Kings of Metal album cover is my target goal for size and definition..got the hair, just trying to catch up with the body....Blow your Speakers while Fighting the World !!!!!!!!!!!!

Outstanding!
I've made it to 2 of their US shows in my lifetime. I'm hoping they make a return with the new album this year...my first tat: Sign of the Hammer album on my right calf!

karmazon
01-12-07, 2:29 am
Pretty much anything I enjoy listening to outside of a gym, it doesn't have to be hardcore.

But from hardcore music I really enjoy Hatebreed, their lyrics are about overcoming obstacles and pushing through the pain, it's like their songs are made for bodybuilders.

dragon316
01-14-07, 6:15 pm
anything rock or metal... but what really gets' me going is THOUSAND FOOT CRUTCH.

king1
01-14-07, 6:51 pm
Slipknot really gets me going early on but once Im already moving through my workout I like rap. NAs "money of bullshit" is my personal favorite as of this week, and Andre Nickatina has some pretty "hard" rap songs, that make you feel tough...After my loud screaming metal for the big lifts, any rap that makes you feel particularly kool or tough does the trick.

jatta palu
01-15-07, 10:21 am
When in the gym its metal. But that's the only time I listen to metal which means my knowledge of songs is limited. So do me a favor, dont just list artists....gimme some songs.

Easy E
01-15-07, 11:57 am
Hatebreed, Slipknot, Nonpoint, Mobb Deep, Mudvayne

This is the sound of the lost, beaten and broken,
Rising up and claiming what was been taken from us
From the shadows of the past
From the depths of our own failures
Stepping forward into the light
Denying our demise
Decimating all uncertainty
Bowing to only who can place judgment upon me

Give me your broken
Give me your beaten
I will build them up
I will lead them
To the threshold
Make you stronger
Make you believe
I am one in the same
But now stronger then uncertainty
Within this army
This is more than a battle cry
It's the blood of our lifeline
Flowing faster-Hatebreed To The Threshold

siimmon
01-15-07, 12:55 pm
94 Hours by As I Lay Dying

Death Certificates for the Beauty Queen by I Killed the Prom Queen

Romance is Dead by Parkway Drive

Pretty much anything by these bands, throw in some Between the Buried and Me and some Dillinger Escape Plan and you gotta riot :-P

dgmich
01-15-07, 1:16 pm
Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Marilyn Manson...

Trapz
01-15-07, 3:13 pm
Obituary - Cause of Death
Napalm Death - From Enslavement to Obliteration

PlacentiaBay
01-15-07, 3:22 pm
I got to go with:

Disturbed
saliva
bucket head
pantera
judas priest
CKY
slayer

NASH
01-15-07, 3:40 pm
I love to put on my mix of Tool, Godsmack, Metallica, Disturbed, and you get the idea! This really pumps me up, and make me go thru my workout a hell of a lot faster!

NASH
01-15-07, 3:46 pm
Sometimes I go into the La Fitness gym here in California, and they have the most sissy fuckin music you could possibly listen to! So I am forced to bring my Ipod with all my songs on it to give me the mind set I want. I don't know about you but I can't seem to workout with Maroon 5, Avril Lavigne, or Howie Day in the back ground!

HELLYEAH60
01-15-07, 4:10 pm
Hey brothas for me getting pumped music usually consists of "Under My Skin" by Mudvayne, "Redneck" by Lamb of God, music by Pantera, Disturbed and Stone Sour. Its some great shit. If any of you are out there looking for some shit to turn up and get you goin check out the Band Dope. They are really not all that well known but they got plenty of hardcore crazyass songs.

Hardcore4Life
01-15-07, 4:22 pm
Big fan of hardcore: Slipknot, As I lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Norma Jean, get that blood flowin, and that anger up!

Rampage
01-15-07, 4:24 pm
Alrite guys, What do you use when you're in the gym what do you got playin on your ipod/mp3 player, Music is a huge part of my retouine I got certain songs for deads, squats, benchin you name it.. metallica,disturbed, godsmack, killswitch, NIN, Ozzy, RAMMSTEIN etc name some of your fav tunes you use in the gym maybe we can get some new shit from each other.

wisconsin iron
01-15-07, 4:27 pm
sevendust, metallica, godsmack, just about anything in this neighborhood for me.

karmazon
01-15-07, 4:28 pm
Hatebreed. Their lyrics are made for bodybuilding.

gnoll5
01-15-07, 4:31 pm
usually pound away to Metallica or Ministry. likin' Hatebreed as mentioned and Pantera. sometimes will switch it up a bit to a harder electronic like Prodigy or Underworld. as long as it drives, it motivates.

Rampage
01-15-07, 4:33 pm
usually pound away to Metallica or Ministry. likin' Hatebreed as mentioned and Pantera. sometimes will switch it up a bit to a harder electronic like Prodigy or Underworld. as long as it drives, it motivates.

yaa thats what i'm talkin bout feeding off the music

Hardcore4Life
01-15-07, 4:35 pm
slipknot, killswitch engage, as i lay dying, norma jean are some of my favs

G Diesel
01-15-07, 4:36 pm
Cypress Hill, Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Korn, Rage Against the Machine. Peace, G

gnoll5
01-15-07, 4:45 pm
yaa thats what i'm talkin bout feeding off the music

its amazing how much better a day goes lifting with the right music. i used to just watch, or i guess listen, to some sports show on the tv while training, until i threw in some Ministry one day and had one of my best days, i felt like just tearing the shit outta something.

SDR
01-15-07, 4:47 pm
Cypress Hill, Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Korn, Rage Against the Machine. Peace, G

Im with you on Wu Tang, Korn, RATM, any songs in particular ?

RATM- Killing in the name of, Bullet in the head...

Wu Tang - Wu Tang Aint nothin ta F with, but their best song for training = TRIUMPH..check that one out.

Beast1
01-15-07, 4:54 pm
My likes and what stays in my headphones are a throw up between Lamb Of God, Sevendust, and Disturbed.

Rampage
01-15-07, 4:55 pm
I'm headed to the gym rite now but when i return I'm going to make a huge list of songs for anybody here to check out lots of good stuff comin.

determined
01-15-07, 4:59 pm
Pantera and Wu-Tang mostly. However I must insist trying some squats with Ministry's New World Order.

gnoll5
01-15-07, 5:02 pm
Pantera and Wu-Tang mostly. However I must insist trying some squats with Ministry's New World Order.

yaaahhhh!!! i made my own 'best of' Ministry, and ya, NWO is def one of the best.

Wu Tang is ToP!! I love Never Again and Da Mystery of Chessboxin Tunes..

Actually Lamb of God –Sacrament- rules my game.

MoRpHa
01-15-07, 5:14 pm
Marilyn Manson
Megadeth Metallica
RATM
Audio Slave
Pantera
Korn
Rammstein
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motley Crue

determined
01-15-07, 5:35 pm
Pantera
Great Southern Trendkill Album
Especially the song Living Through Me (Hells Wrath)

COWBOYS FROM HELL

determined
01-15-07, 5:36 pm
And what about CLUTCH?

Iron_Man
01-15-07, 5:39 pm
i like to listen to paul wall , lil keke etc
chunk up da deuce
knockin doors down

determined
01-15-07, 5:44 pm
CLUTCH, anyone?

RedIron 392
01-15-07, 5:52 pm
Mostly AC/DC, Ball Breaker,High Voltage,TNT,If You Want Blood,Back in Black and Burnin Alive.

DreamZero
01-15-07, 5:56 pm
Rap (Eminem, Obie Trice, Ice Cube, Necro, Xzibit) for endurance, metal/hardcore(Arkangel, Kataklysm, Adamantium, Sick of it all, Millenium Project) for intensity. Balance it up with your mood.

dirtydean12
01-15-07, 6:02 pm
nothing, and I mean NOTHING, gets me more in the mood for lifting than some Fear Factory, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, The Haunted, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse, Hypocrisy, Dark Tranquility, and All That Remains

Jdub
01-15-07, 7:18 pm
sometimes rap, sometimes metal, sometimes punk

depends what mood im in

Jdub

Rampage
01-15-07, 7:19 pm
every song i got on this list has either lyrics i like, drums, guitar or somethin that has meaning and gets me amp'd heres my stuff, enjoy check it out when ur searchin for new tunes give'em a try.

A Dozen Furies - Push Away, The Everlasting Grudge

ACDC - Chase the ace, For those about to rock, Hard as a rock, Hells Bells, Highway to hell, Nervous shakedown, Safe In New York City,

Alexisonfire - Crisis. Accidents, Drunks, Lovers, Sinners And Saints,

Alice Cooper - Brutal Planet, Hands Of Death

Alice IN Chains - Man IN The Box , We Die Young,

Alter Bridge - Metalingus

As I Lay Dying - 94 Hours, Forever, Confined, Meaning In Tragedy, The Beginning

Atreyu - A Song for the Optimists, A Vampire's Lament, Bleeding Mascara, Creature, My Fork In The Road , We Stand Up

Black Label Society - All for you, Bleed for me, Counterfeit God, demise of sanity, Fire it up, Still Born, Stronger than death, No More Tears 2000

Breaking Benjamin - Blow me away, The Diary Of Jane

Bullet for My Valentine - Her Voice Resides, Spit you out, The Posion

Children Of Bodom - Every time i die, Needled 24/7, Trashed, Lost & Strung Out

Death in Vegas - aisha

Dimmu Borgir - Hybrid Stigmata, Puritania,

Disturbed - Down with the sickness, Fear, Guarded, Hell, Intoxication , Land of Confusion, Meaning Of Life, Prayer, Sons of Plunder, Stricken, Stupify, Ten Thousand Fits, Voices, Bound

Dope - Intervention, Debonair, Everything Sucks, One Fix, Take your best shot

Drowning Pool - Bodies, Rise Up, Step Up, Sinner

Everytime I Die - Kill The Music, The New Black, I been gone a long time

Fozzy - Eat the rich, End Of Days, Enemy, Feel The Burn

Godsmack - Awake, Bad Magic, Bad Religom, Changes, Dead and Broke, Faceless, Get up Get Out, I f'n hate you, I stand Alone, Keep away, Now Or Never, Re-Align, Sick Of Life, Shine Down, Straight out of line, The Enemy, Time Bomb, Vampires

Hatebreed - A cal for blood, I will be heard

Judas Priest - Devil Digger, Electric Eye, Hellrider, Turbo Lover, You got another thing coming

Kid Rock - American Bad Ass, Bawitdaba, Forever, I am The Bulldog, Jack Mississippi

Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies, Break The Silence, Eye of the storm, Still beats your name, This Fire Burns

Korn - Break some off, Coming Undone, Did my time, Falling away from me, Freak on a leash, Good God, Got the life, Here to stay, It's me again, Let's do this now, Politics, Right Now, Twisted Transistor

Megadeth - 99 Ways to die, A Secretplace, Trust, Almost Honest, Angry Again, I'll get even, Symphony of Destruction

Metallica - Frantic, 2X4, Anit my bitch, Am I Evil, Astronomy, Attitude, Bad Seed, Battery, Better than you, Bleeding me, Carpe Diem Baby, Damage Inc., Devil's Dance, Don't tread on me, Dyers Eve, Ecstasy Of Gold, Enter Sandman, Eye of the beholder, For Whom The Bell tolls, Fuel, Harvester of Sorrow, Holier than thou, Human, I Disappear, King Nothing, Master of puppets, The Memory Remains, Mercyful Fate, Of Wolf and Man, Ride the Lightning, Sad but true, Sanitarium, Slither, The House that Jack Built, More I see, Until It Sleeps, Wherever I may roam.

Methods Of Mayhem - Crash, Anger Mangement

Monster Magnet - Atomic Clock, Crop Circle, Dopes to Infinity, Look to your Orb, Space Lord

Mudvayne - Determined, Dig, Happy, Silenced

NIN - Closer, Bow Down Before the one, Deep, THe Hand that feeds, Perfect Drug

Ozzy - Breaking all the rules, Mr. Tinkertrain, No More Tears, Rock N Roll Rebel

P.O.D. - Alive, Boom, Set it off, Southtown, Going in blind

Pantera - 5 Minutes Alone, Cowboys from hell, Hostile, Revolution is my name, Walk

Powerman 5000 - Automatic, Blast off to nowhere, Bombshell, Danger is go, Neckdone, Nobodys Real, Ultra Mega

Prodigy - Breath, Diesel Power, Firestarter, Mindfields, Posion, Serial Thrilla, Smack my bitch up, Spitfire, Voodoo People

Rage Against the machine - Bombtrack, Bulls on parade, How Could I kill a man, People of the sun, Killing in the name of,

Rammstein - Adios, Alter Mann, Asche Zu Asche, Bang Bang, Bestrafe Mich, Buck Dich, Das Modell, Der Meister, Du Hast, Du Riechst So Gut, Eifersucht, Engel, Herzeleid, Ich Will, Rammstein, Kuss Mich, Links, Mein Herz Brennt, Rein Raus, Sehnsucht, Sonne, Spiel Mit Mir, Stripped, Tier, Weisses Fleisch, Wilder Wein, Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen, Zwitter

Sailva - Click Click Boom, I Walk Alone, Rock and Roll Revolution, Superstar, Survial of the sickest, Untitled Hidden Track from Survial of sickest cd

Soil - Give it up, Halo, Pick me up, Redefine, True Self

Static X - Bled for days, Deliver me, Get to the gone, Push it, Love Dump

Stemm - Face the pain

Stone Sour - Come What may, Reborn

Tool - Aenima, Kundalini, Lateralus, Schism, Sober, Stink Fist, The Pot, Vicarious

White Zombie - Devil Man, Electric head Pt 1 and 2, More Human than human, Superbeast, Thunderkiss 65',

Rob Zombie - Demonoid Phenomenon, Meet the creeper, Bring her down, Demond Speeding, Dragula, Feel So Numb, Iron head, Living dead girl, Never gunna stop, Scum of the earth

Achilles
01-15-07, 10:30 pm
Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, (Old) Distrubed, (Old) Marilyn Manson, Deftones, Slayer, Pantara & the opening theme from Conan the Barberian

Tron
01-15-07, 10:48 pm
Here's a couple of the bands I have on my mp3 player that really haven't been mentioned, maybe somebody will want to try them themselves:

Metal/Hardcore:
All That Remains
Demon Hunter
From Autumn to Ashes
Parkway Drive
UnderOATH

Punk/Harder Rock:
AFI (Old)
Emery (some)
Rise Against
Saosin
Thrice
Thursday
The Used (old)

ironshaolin
01-15-07, 10:58 pm
Pantera. I make it a point to listen to at least one pantera song pre-workout everyday. Dimebags solos could be marketed as the thing that puts Shock Therapy into retirement.

dirtydean12
01-16-07, 12:04 am
Hatebreed. Their lyrics are made for bodybuilding.

this is true, i'd be content working out to the entire Supremacy album

KILLEMALL79
01-16-07, 12:36 am
I'm a big fan of three days grace Static X KORN Hatebreed Metalica Tool Fuel White Zombie Rob Zombie Some incubus songs anything that reminds me of the people that i still to this day tell me that i will never realize my dream people that tell me it can't be done and evrey time i listen to some of this music it brings somthing irisistable out in me and i tell them to go fuck themselves after a 4 hour workout.......

karthik
01-16-07, 12:36 am
I like rammstein, their first album "herzeleid", "senshuct", and also Tupac, especially the song "If i Die Tonight". The part where the guy says "A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once" really fires me up and applies to all who choose to excel to great heights in the iron game.

MC-Hitman
01-16-07, 2:19 am
Adrenaline rush before/during/after your next set:
Tool
Queens Of The Stone Age
Muse
Franz Ferdinand
Chevelle
Deftones
Brand New

Some Old Rap - (Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Notorious BIG)
Some New Rap - (Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem, Nas)

Makes you feel good + relaxed while running/cardio/endurance (Works for me...):
John Mayer
Jamie Cullum
Norah Jones

Just to name a few...

wolf
01-16-07, 2:51 am
Rage Against the Machine
Metallica
Pogues
Offspring
System of a Down

MADDOG PEDRAZA
01-16-07, 3:57 am
Metallica, AC/DC, and Guns & Roses

MickMars
01-16-07, 6:13 am
Megadeth, Children Of Bodom and the almighty GUNS N' ROSES!

Normally I listen to this music prework as I don't have an mp3 player and my gym blast fuckin' techno music all day long which is damn irritating.

jatta palu
01-16-07, 9:36 am
Rampage,

thanks. I needed titles and you gave me some things to check out

GrizzlyLB
01-16-07, 10:15 am
Your all metalheads...I feel all alone. Then again, fuck it, I like being different.

Talib Kweli
Jadakiss
Grits
Nas
Apathy
Asamov
Asheru
Beatnutz
Cam'ron
Clipse
Jay Z
Dead Prez
Immortal Technique
Gza
Rza
Wutang
TI
Styles P
J Dilla

But thats just a few, I like the other genres too...but thats the list for today.

You have a lot of good artists in there, I listen to most of that along with my rock. (I also like Tupac in my rap list as well)

to add my rock into it:
Ra
Hurt
Saliva
Three Days Grace
Thrice
Tool
Soil
Pantera
Metalica
Bullets for my Valentine
Breaking Benjamin
Disturbed
10 years
Stabbing Westward

Bruiser
01-16-07, 1:43 pm
Depends on my workout.
If I'm doing F****ING cardio I will actually listen to something slow, because it makes me work faster through my cardio tog get it over with!!!!

Otherwise I have a basic playlist on my mp3 player:
Sheer Terror
Agnostic Front
Sick of it All
H20
Clutch
Drowning Pool
Pantera
Superjoint Ritual
Down
Ice Cube
Onyx
Biohazard

Kusanagi
01-16-07, 5:25 pm
I use my mp3 player because here on brazilians gym's have a lot of bad song's, only psytrance and all this eletronic music, so on the gym allways i listen some slipknot, or something like that...

What you listen on the gym ?

Hothands
01-16-07, 5:25 pm
Lifting:
Black Label Society
Disturbed
Hatebreed
Children of Bodom
Hed PE
Pantera
Clutch

Cardio:
Tupac
Sean Paul
50 Cent
Mary J. Blige

I can live without it Kusanagi. Classic and Heavy are my favourite tunes..

BrokenShell
01-16-07, 5:43 pm
Hell yea man, my gym always has shit music playing and they almost never change it when I ask them to. I just put on the headphones and turn up the metal. In Flames, Hatebreed, Pantera always get me in the mood.

Achilles
01-16-07, 6:06 pm
my ipod has all kinds fo slipknot on it, I use it about everytime I train

Hollywood
01-16-07, 6:17 pm
My gym is owned by a good friend of mine so late at night when the main crowd has left we blast our own CDs on the stereo. Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed.. all good hardcore shit to get you goin..

nihiloexnihil
01-16-07, 6:18 pm
Manson and Rammstein definitely, but the song I almost never go without before a workout is "Jambi" by Tool.

The intro makes me want to kill everything.

Millhouse
01-16-07, 6:27 pm
I like it mello, I like to zero in and feel what my body is screaming at me. I listen to bands like Lamb of God and Hatebreed away from the gym but while I am lifting I will tend to have better form and contraction while hittin heavy weight with just spotter barkin at me, callin me out, challenging me to desimate the old me . After reading the majority of the posts I see that I am in the minority !

BrokenShell
01-16-07, 6:30 pm
My gym is owned by a good friend of mine so late at night when the main crowd has left we blast our own CDs on the stereo. Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed.. all good hardcore shit to get you goin..

If you like those bands you should check out In Flames, Underoath, Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, I Killed The Prom Queen, and you might even like Dragonforce. It's more instramental but still pretty heavy. Those are pretty much all my favourite bands.

Stay strong,
Chris

T. Kemble
01-16-07, 6:49 pm
i had my ipod pumping It Dies Today and Papa Roach today on my max effort squat day.
i love that shit man

HAWK
01-16-07, 6:55 pm
Definatley Disturbed, Sevendust, Godsmack.

Be Relentless.

Dunk
01-16-07, 7:06 pm
Yea I definately use the ipod on the days with heavier lifts

BigTex
01-16-07, 7:08 pm
Hell yeah, this Ipod shuffel has been great... Its Tiny and holds a gig of great lifting music.

Kish
01-16-07, 7:20 pm
It's my best friend in the gym...keeps all the idiots from talkin...I talk to who I want...I'm old so it's ac/dc, metallica, godsmack, pod ....can't train w/out it

Arbalest
01-16-07, 7:23 pm
I can't leave home without it!

Other than the crap music at the "fitness center" i workout at, i just need to be able to FEEL the music in my ears.

Gets me completely tuned in.

GFH1911
01-16-07, 7:24 pm

That's how my gym at home is. When I'm at school I gotta rock the ipod.

GridironRebel74
01-16-07, 7:35 pm
I gotta have pantera playin while i work out

bharatoza
01-16-07, 8:54 pm
Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
Audioslave
Rammstein
Gonna fly now - Bill Conti (Theme from Rocky)
other heavy stuff

BuffLove1
01-16-07, 9:00 pm
I'm hoping someone will know what I'm talking about here, but "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold has never failed me for a hard set. Shit, I used to listen to it before every kickoff in football. That song will make you want to punch someone's teeth in.

MadeOfScars
01-16-07, 9:02 pm
For me I can relate to a lot of the following bands music. I can not sing nor write songs so I try to find music that says what I am trying to say. I listen to a lot of Stone Sour, Slipknot, Staind, Disturbed and some other heavy stuff. I think it really gets me in the mood to lift!

marathe
01-16-07, 9:40 pm
She wants revenge - She wants revenge Outstanding underrated album

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

Anything by Dipset

...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart

above all else, anything but the godforsaken noise that they play at my gym. Daily (pre-iPod purchase) i contemplated running a bar through each speaker just for 10 minutes of peace.

Hollywood
01-16-07, 9:51 pm
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart

the beginning part of "will you smile again" by them is really sick too

anything mudvayne, especially dig, everything and nothing, fucking determined, pharmaecopia, under my skin...
limp bizkit - full nelson
eminem - soldier

Evaniel
01-16-07, 11:03 pm
Pantera, Slayer, Black Flag, Refused, Danzig, NIN, and other stuff.

Lately, I have been HUGE into Hatebreed. Fires me right up.

LuvsThePain
01-16-07, 11:14 pm
my weapon of choice for music includes:

- metallica
- sevendust
- Ill Nino
- Static X
- Korn
- Mushroomhead

Nothing better than a little metal to make you spit fire in the morning.

jeriboy54
01-16-07, 11:51 pm
I use my IPOD so I don't have to listen to the crap that they play at the gym

xxhammerxx
01-17-07, 12:07 am
It Dies Today, Throwdown, Bleeding Through

Millhouse
01-17-07, 1:08 am
xxhammerxx, those are some solid bands ! Have been listening to Throwdown since i was in high school.

xxhammerxx
01-17-07, 1:18 am
yea those really are some solid bands, honestly I like to listen to them outside the gym and usually dont listen to music while I lift, usually I just hear others support and just do work

abwowang
01-17-07, 1:39 am
jay and nas and eminem.

can't go wrong. I just listen to rap and hiphop.

Joe.
01-17-07, 3:13 am
DMX

Great pump music, gets ya all riled up

dtb004
01-17-07, 4:03 am
If you wanna get crazy listen to this. I have Deftones, POD, Rage Against the Machine, A Change of Pace, Red, Metallica, Strata, Korn,

bilder
01-17-07, 8:55 am
Linkin Park

Refuge
01-17-07, 9:56 am
12 Stones/3rd Root/7 Method/Alove For Enemies/Anam Cara/Angelica/Anguish Unsaid/AP2/Argyle Park/As Cities Burn/As I Lay Dying/Atonement/August Burns Red/Balance of Power/Beanbag/Becoming The Archetype/Beloved/Blindside/Blissed/Bloodgood/Bloody Sunday/Born Blind/Bride/Brutal Fight/Chasing Victory/Chatterbox/Clear Convictions/Comeback Kid/Convicted/CR33/Crashdog/Crucifix/Dead Poetic/Decision/Deliverance/Demon Hunter/Destroy The Runner/Die Happy/Disciple/Dizmas/Dodgin' Bullets/Dogwood/E-SO/East West/EDL/Embodyment/Emery/End of Destiny/Eso-Charis/Eternal Decision/Everdown/Extol/Falling Away/Farless/Few Left Standing/Figure Four/Focal Point/Focused/Foreknown/Global Warning/Gryp
Hammertown/Hanover Saints/Haste The Day/He Is Legend/Holy Soldier/In Due Time/Jesus Wept/Justifide/Ken Tamplin/Kiss The Gunner/Klank/Kronicles/Kutless/Leader Dogs For The Bli.../Lengsel/Life In Your Way/Living Sacrifice/Luti-Kriss/Magdallan/Mastedon/Maylene and the Sons of...
Mewithoutyou/Modern Day John/Morbid Sacrifice/Mortal Treason/Mortification/Mr. Bishops Fist/Nailed/Narcissus/Neshamah/New Breath/Nodes of Ranvier/Norma Jean/Officer Negative/Oil/One Bad Apple/Opposition Of One/Outcry/Overcome/POD/Project 86/Randy Rose/Ransom/Real/Selfmindead/Seven System/Seventh Seal/Seventh Star/Shockwave
Short Notice/Shout/Showbread/Sinai Beach/Skillet/Skylines/Soapbox/Society's Finest/Soul Embraced/Spitfire/Spoken/Staple/Stars Are Falling/Stavesacre/Still Breathing/Still Remains/Stretch Arm Strong/Strongarm/Stryper/Symphony in Peril/Synnove/The 7 Method/The Awakening/The Chariot/The Crucified/The Showdown/The Wedding/These 5 Down/Torn
Tourniquet/Training For Utopia/Travail/Unashamed/Underoath/Vengeance/Vengeance Rising/War of Ages/Whitecross/Wish For Eden/Wyrick/X-Sinner
X-Terra/Xd Out/xDisciplex AD/Zao....

That pretty much sums it up....I like any type of hardcore stuff that I can mosh to when I lift. Really helps to get the blood pumpin. pretty much anything by SolidState / Facedown Records. Search em' you may have a new workout cd. Peace.

-Refuge

rockyIV
01-17-07, 10:37 am
I have an iPod because of the soft rock they play at the gym.

Benway83
01-17-07, 12:48 pm
Aside from the crappy music normally being played, when in NYC, always wear earphones. Its a big "DO NOT DISTURB" sign around your neck. As if the crazy eyes, the hoody, and the constant sound of growling under your breath isn't enough already.

Muscle
01-17-07, 12:57 pm
MP3 player is a must IMHO. AC/DC gets my blood boiling along w/about any hard stuff.

wedge
01-17-07, 12:57 pm
For a while never gave bringing an Ipod to the gym a thought. Was always afraid the wires would get caught cause I'm more focused on the lift than where the wires from my head are located.
However, a month or so ago, I decided to risk it. Could never be happier.
It's amazing what a little Hatebreed can do to help you lift.

Hothands
01-17-07, 1:03 pm
I listen to my portable XM radio at the gym. I have the Pinoeer Inno and I love it......couldn't lift without it. My gym plays pretty crappy music.....can't get through a set of chest while listening to Brittney Spears.

Diablo
01-17-07, 1:24 pm
Throw Down, Hate Eternal, Meshuggah, Gojira, The Ocean. The staple of MY mp3 player...

ironmudd
01-17-07, 1:25 pm
For a while never gave bringing an Ipod to the gym a thought. Was always afraid the wires would get caught cause I'm more focused on the lift than where the wires from my head are located.
However, a month or so ago, I decided to risk it. Could never be happier.
It's amazing what a little Hatebreed can do to help you lift.

Try running the wires under your shirt. That's what I do and it helps keep them from getting tangles and ripping out of my ears while I'm deadlifting!!!

Maccabee
01-17-07, 1:28 pm
Oh man the music in my gym is terrible, it always pisses off the hardcore dudes. But i learned to stay focus during my training, I'll tell you honestly with out my mp3 and being focused the way I am my trainings have been better, and i cant even here the music when i train. I just concentrate on the muscles, and I also do a lot of visualization when i train. But other then that some metal wouldnt hurt while I train. Strength and Honor!

The_Dude
01-17-07, 1:33 pm
Ain't no use working out if I don't have my MP3. I got some heavy shiet on there too.

G Diesel
01-17-07, 2:23 pm

Talib Kweli
Jadakiss
Grits
Nas
Apathy
Asamov
Asheru
Beatnutz
Cam'ron
Clipse
Jay Z
Dead Prez
Immortal Technique
Gza
Rza
Wutang
TI
Styles P
J Dilla

Nah... You're not alone bro. I'm a hip-hop head since 1986. Peace, G

Joe.
01-17-07, 2:38 pm

Nice to know there's fellow lifters with the urban taste.

Check out these beats, they've got that good tempo to get ya goin:

Blood Diamonds (Shine On) - Nas
One Mic - Nas
What's my Name - DMX
Walk These Dogs - DMX
Bo Jangles - Pit Bull
Whatever - Remy Ma
Clapback - Ja Rule
Go to sleep - Eminem feat DMX
Who Run It - 50 Cent

And anything produced by Swizz Beats

When I get home later I'll post my playlist composed of some good shit

One.

G Diesel
01-17-07, 3:06 pm
And anything produced by Swizz Beats

One.

Not into Swizz Beats... A little bit too pop/casio keyboard sounding IMO.

I prefer DJ Premier, RZA, DJ Muggs, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, Organized Noize, Alchemist, etc. Peace, G

Intense Red Head Man
01-17-07, 3:15 pm
I agree with most of the fellas on here. Hard rock and Metal. My favorite artists are Pro-Pain, Throwdown, Sepultura, Soulfly, and Full Blown Chaos... But if I had to go with a song that got me going, it would be "Burn" By Throwdown.

Fuck yeah, fuck that emo shit too, you know that whinny music like Taking back sunday. Shit Throwdown is bad ass. BUT, I listen to Pantera religiously, its litterally my favorite supplement haha. Try bustin' some squats with Great Southern Trendkill and may be you will bust out of your plateau.

chuckdapig
01-17-07, 4:46 pm
Can't beat Dope, Korn, Pantera, HED PE, and anything else that makes normal people scared.

MC-Hitman
01-17-07, 4:47 pm
My gym has some good music
But it is NOT music for working out though
So I have to use my iPod quite often

Chubbs
01-17-07, 4:57 pm
another headbanger... Just listen to all of Lamb of God's "as the palaces burn".... it puts one in a very destructive mindset...

DEVILMAN40K
01-17-07, 5:40 pm
As I Lay Dying
Children of Bodom
All That Remains
Fear Factory
Motorhead
Arch Enemy
DevilDriver
Spine Shank
Satyricon
Slipknot
Nonpoint
Manowar…..old school \m/

T.Alan
01-17-07, 5:57 pm
Not into Swizz Beats... A little bit too pop/casio keyboard sounding IMO.

I prefer DJ Premier, RZA, DJ Muggs, Just Blaze, Hi-Tek, Organized Noize, Alchemist, etc. Peace, G

Have you heard of Celph Titled? You'd probably like his work as well.

I've been pounding alotta dirty south hip hop lately.

One album that I can just put on, crank and leave the dial alone is Young Jeezy Thug Motivation 101.

Barron
01-17-07, 6:07 pm
My music of choice outside of the gym is country and classic rock, cant really stomach much else... but for some reason when i lift, i need some Hatebreed, Devildriver, Mudvayne... music like that. The kinda music that makes you wanna go into a blind rage.

JUGGERNAUT
01-17-07, 6:10 pm

Thor

Kicks ass and was actually played one year at their ANIMAL CAGE at the Arnold Classic! #1 song would be "I will be heard" by Hatebreed

beastfromtheeast
01-17-07, 7:55 pm
Bleeding Through, Rammstein, Bloodsimple, Atreyu, Bury Your Dead, In Flames, Mnemic, Mudvayne, Scars of Tomorrow, Hatebreed, and Snapcase help me push some weight

area51
01-17-07, 9:16 pm
post a few songs of your playlist for working out i lost all my songs and need some ideas

Ultimate Playlist:
Chevelle-The Red
Disturbed-Stupify
Three Days Grace-Animal I Have Become
Wasteland-10 Years
hatebreed - i will be heard
pantera - walk
seemless - cast no shadow
static x - cold
staind - mudshovel
sevendust - waffle
korn - blind
mudvayne - dig
papa roach - blood brothers
slipknot - people = shit
static-x - destroy all
godsmack - the enemy
american head charge - all wrapped up
limp bizkit - gimme the mic
Guns N Roses - Welcome to the jungle
My Chemical Romance - The Sharpest Lives
Chiodos - There's No Penguins In Alaska
Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions
Senses Fail - The irony of dying on your birthday
MORE TO COME

Freakshow
01-17-07, 9:28 pm
Chevelle-The Red
Disturbed-Stupify
Three Days Grace-Animal I Have Become
Wasteland-10 Years

A few of my favorites...

ransom.holland
01-17-07, 9:33 pm
post a few songs of your playlist for working out i lost all my songs and need some ideas

Bullshit,... this new age of I need my ipod to work better sucks. You don't need a new playlist. The only song you need is titled, "Shut the Fuck up and Train" by the Brotherhood of Iron. You got to get to the point in your training when your senses go numb and the only thing you hear is the VOICE in your head telling you to move forward.
But, if you can't do this then by all means play your music. This path isn't set for the weak minded nor the ones with goals not set in stone.
I'm not busting your guts for this, I feel alot of us have lost focus to what we're really here for,... listening to your favorite tunes or destroying another one of your personal records?
You make the choice. I've made mine

Strongarm
01-17-07, 9:39 pm
Bullshit,... this new age of I need my ipod to work better sucks. You don't need a new playlist. The only song you need is titled, "Shut the Fuck up and Train" by the Brotherhood of Iron. You got to get to the point in your training when your senses go numb and the only thing you hear is the VOICE in your head telling you to move forward.
But, if you can't do this then by all means play your music. This path isn't set for the weak minded nor the ones with goals not set in stone.
I'm not busting your guts for this, I feel alot of us have lost focus to what we're really here for,... listening to your favorite tunes or destroying another one of your personal records?

I agree, but you also have to remember that many of us do not have the luxury of a hardcore gym, working out at 'fitness centers' instead. You can only work out so hard with justin timberlake blaring overhead. Helps me stay in the zone.

area51
01-17-07, 9:41 pm
exactly when u go to a gym that dosent exactly play the best workout music maybe the best for the women running on treadmills at the most but i when im training and i got my headphones is it usally gets me in the zone to the point i dont even hear the music i hear that voice but it also tells ppl dont talk to me

jermaine
01-17-07, 9:45 pm
hatebreed - i will be heard
pantera - walk
seemless - cast no shadow
static x - cold
staind - mudshovel
sevendust - waffle
korn - blind

....just to name a few

IntensityJT
01-17-07, 9:51 pm
mudvayne - dig
papa roach - blood brothers
slipknot - people = shit
static-x - destroy all
godsmack - the enemy
american head charge - all wrapped up
limp bizkit - gimme the mic

propstm
01-17-07, 9:54 pm
Guns N Roses - Welcome to the jungle
My Chemical Romance - The Sharpest Lives
Chiodos - There's No Penguins In Alaska
Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions
Senses Fail - The irony of dying on your birthday

That's the first half of my workout playlist.

PrettyHateMachine
01-17-07, 11:20 pm
NIN get me in a trance. KMFDM "Brute" gets me up to, just when you can look into that mirror and hear hatred and torment in your headphones. It sets me aside from the rest of the world, or anyone else in the gym. Just you, the weights and your own struggle

Wolf Man CHG
01-17-07, 11:39 pm
Hatebreed- Doomslayer
Evans Blue- Cold (but i'm still here)
3 Days Grace- Animal
Stone Sour- Hell & Consequences

YOUNG_BB
01-18-07, 1:15 am
man i asked info@animalpak.com what are the names of the intrumentals they used in Animal "Chest" and Animal "Arms"" and they told me it was specially made for animal videos so u cant really get it anywhere else. man i really want those in my playlist.

favorite song to pump iron to is "til death do us part" by CONEJO
this fool gets crazy with lyrics.'

but u gotta have an open mind for this song

brewtality
01-18-07, 3:53 am
Black Label Society - Demise of Sanity
Black Label Society - Suicide Messiah
Slayer - Here Comes The Pain
Testament - Disciples of the Watch
Metallica - King Nothing
Pantera - Drag The Waters

C-Dun
01-18-07, 7:25 am
We all got our favorite playlists for working out. I like harder music when I lift. Stuff that gets me really pissed off and pumped at the same time. Right now I'm listening to Lamb of God. With songs like 'Redneck' and 'Foot to Throat' you cant really go wrong.

Share your music preferances here so we all can check 'em out and see what gets you pumped.

cjjanik
01-18-07, 8:02 am
Really heavy like SlipKnot, Mudvayne, Korn, KillSwitch Engage, mostly Ozzfest type metal for the fight with the Iron. I put this stuff on and I feel like running through a brick wall!

Not as hard for cardio like Stone Sour, Nickelback, Disturbed, Tool, Lacuna Coil, Linkin Park etc.

I've tried hip-hop and Rap for cardio but it just does not work for me.

CJ

Malice
01-18-07, 9:13 am
i have been listening to the new Hatebreed album now for about 3-4 months straight everyday in the gym. let me tell you that new album get you PUMPED !! its called supremecy

C-Dun
01-18-07, 11:33 am
Metal and Classic are the best to pump it up!! Actually I’m addicted to Lamb of God- Sacrament… Nicee!!

No better song then Redneck and FOOT TO THROAT. I also listen to some classics like Zepplin and the Who. The Offspring's good too. And a few songs fromJay-Z vs. Linkin Park gets me going. Like Numb v. Encore. good stuff!

Mule83
01-18-07, 12:12 pm
Funny that someone mentioned ManoWar. I listen to Warriors of the World everyday on the way to workout. This is the only time I listen to it. If its on the radio I change it real quick. If not I want to jump out of my truck and beat someone's ass. Anybody else do this as well?? Maybe its just me. During the workout it's Metallica, Pantera, Stone Sour, AC/DC, Audioslave, and Hinder. Nice!!! I'm gettin fired up just thinkin about it.

SDR
01-18-07, 12:55 pm
For all you hiphop heads, try this the next time you train....

..the intro to DMX's "its dark and hell is hot" album....

Easily one of the best rap songs to train too...if any of ya watch UFC its also Chuck lidells entrance music.

wño
01-18-07, 1:53 pm

im not hip hop fan but i train with HIP HOP and RAP almost all the time..

2 Pac.
Akon
Baby Bash
Big Metra
mhmm.. and more.

Vernichtungsschmerz
01-18-07, 2:48 pm
Hardly listen to any music in the gym except for when I'm doing cardio. Hatebreed and Metalcore in general is good stuff when it comes to "lifting-music" though I prefer much heavier sounds like Death Metal and Grindcore in everyday life.
And oh: Hip Hop can really get you pumped, too, makes me think of Ronnie's videos.

Black-Jack
01-18-07, 3:18 pm
If you have the chance listen to the "Conan the Barbarien OST". I can't listen to it in the gym because there are too many guys who think just because they listen to 50Cent they are coll. But I listen to it at home just before I go to the gym and it gets me fired right up.

Rampage
01-19-07, 4:19 pm

just because some of us use music to get pumped up doesnt mean we are any weaker than someone who doesnt.

dirtydean12
01-19-07, 6:15 pm
just because some of us use music to get pumped up doesnt mean we are any weaker than someone who doesnt.

exactly, why you gotta be negative man?? if someone wants to tune everything out and listen to what drives them then whats wrong with that?

dirtydean12
01-19-07, 6:29 pm
anyone who likes heavy music needs to get their hands on Demanufacture by Fear Factory....incredible harcore/industrial/thrash!

Simps
01-19-07, 6:42 pm
Pantera, Sepultura, Soulfly, Ozzy, Black Label Society, Anthrax, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Misfits, Metallica, Children of Bodom, Nofx, Rancid, H2O, Kyuss, Black Sabbath, Corrosion of Conformity, Devildriver, Slipknot, Down, The Casualties, The Exploited, Superjoint Ritual, other stuff... mainly Pantera. That's the shit man.

gottalift
01-19-07, 7:21 pm
All that shit sounds good one of my favs right now is Stone Sour, 30-30-150 luv the chorus "WE KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WERE COMMIN, LET'S SEE YOU SAY THAT SHIT TO OUR FACE"

Cstlfx
01-20-07, 1:14 am
I only get pumped with heavy metal. Slayer, In Flames, Iced Earth, Godsmack, old school Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, etc. Gotta love the stuff.

Cyrus The Virus
01-20-07, 1:27 am
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeath
AC/DC
Pantera
Black Sabbath
Dropkick Murphys

Quijebo
01-20-07, 1:39 am
somedays is a little...
Metallica - Sanitarium
Drowning Pool- Bodies
Stabbing Westward- Save Yourself
Korn- Clown
Limp Bizkit- Counterfeit

otherdays its a little..
Pachabel- Canon in D
Beethoven- Moonlight Sonata

.. depending how my day went all those get me to the same result

eDub
01-20-07, 4:18 pm
My favorite workout songs:
Marilyn Manson - Seizure of Power
Apocalyptica - Path Vol. 2
Breaking Benjamin - So Cold
Children of Bodom - Mask of Sanity/Are You Dead Yet?
In Flames - Clay Man/Square Nothing
Evanescense - Lies
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic
Dark Tranquility - Monochromatic Stains

YoungDiesel
01-20-07, 4:21 pm
I listen to...
Static-x
Three Days Grace
From Autumn to Ashes
Atreyu
The Prom Kings
Dry Kill Logic
Rammstein
Roadrunner United

stogie622
01-20-07, 4:57 pm
its all about rage against the machine.... always works for me

propstm
01-20-07, 7:53 pm
I'm hoping someone will know what I'm talking about here, but "Unholy Confessions" by Avenged Sevenfold has never failed me for a hard set. Shit, I used to listen to it before every kickoff in football. That song will make you want to punch someone's teeth in.

For sure man, it's a staple on my weightlifting playlist.

GoldieLocks
01-20-07, 8:34 pm
My Ipod starts with:

my BB'ing routine music - Mya - My Love is like Whoa... (got dibs!)
Korn
Rage
bizkit
metallica
Pantera
Static X
Mudvynne
Alice N' chains
Disturbed & Godsmack

Cardio is all techno...

ironthrasher
01-20-07, 11:12 pm
I know it's corny and I will probably get ripped on, but the ROCKY soundtrack is awesome to lift to.

doomsdaylover
01-20-07, 11:52 pm

Pro-pain fucking rocks. I listen to Fear Factory, Nothingface or Mudvayne before I lift. I used to jack up the Rollins Band (who is ripped for an old punker) at the gym until I got a lifting buddy. He's a hick from Nebraska who listens to really gay Scandanavian techno...don't ask me why.

Liftbig21
01-21-07, 12:58 am
Yo guys check this song out ....the song is Overcome by the band Terror, their an up and coming hardcore band that fuckin' kicks...This song should be featured in the next Animal series...heres the lyrics...

Everything I loved left me
Everything I cared for died or changed
I've fallen, I failed
And I lost everything I fought to gain
Over - Overcome
Everytime you spit in my face
Over - Overcome
Add more weight! I won't break
Over - Overcome
Won't allow myself to be beat
Overcome, Overcome, rise back up

Always trouble surrounding me
But I've learned from past mistakes
I've seen true hate, felt real pain
Still there's nothing that can stop me

Break me down
I will rise back up

I'll overcome

Best friends become strangers
True love it turns to hatred
Nothing you can do to me
Still something deep inside
Tells me to be free

Strength and Honor

whiteluda14
01-21-07, 2:15 am
gotta listen to old school metallica, the black album for sure and St. Anger in some situations, but i like to listen to rap also, like eminem, it makes me think of the people who put me down or think that my lifting is dumb and their is no point to it...so i put on the song "I still dont give a fuck" by eminem, GREAT SONG...but i love nonpoint, chevelle, and of course system of a down!!!

Kiwi129
01-21-07, 3:20 am
Anything loud and obnoxious. Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Metallica, Trivium, Godsmack. Swearing, screaming and whatnot. Not rap music... that's just fuckin gay.

doomsdaylover
01-21-07, 7:23 am
Anything loud and obnoxious. Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Metallica, Trivium, Godsmack. Swearing, screaming and whatnot. Not rap music... that's just fuckin gay.

I like rap, but not when lifting. Keep on lifting hard.

Melkvik
01-21-07, 10:07 am
underoath
inflames

bharatoza
01-21-07, 3:00 pm
I've uploaded 3 tracks from the Rocky soundtrack that get me going bigtime....and often help me get in those last 1-2 reps.

Bill Conti - Gonna fly now
Bill Conti - Alone in the ring
Bill Conti - Gonna fly now (John X remix)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RV07PZ99

Shadow
01-21-07, 3:15 pm
For lifting its gotta be a bit of Ramstein, you just gotta pump it up loud, freak out the neighbours and scare the crap out of any passer-bys, if that stuff dont get ya jacked i dont know what can! Also a bit of AC/DC goes down well! For cardio its gotta be music from the Rocky films! when im running or cycling that stuff gets me thro' an extra couple of Kilometres it just pushes you that little bit extra which is wot is needed!!!

ryanlemley1
01-21-07, 4:59 pm
big fan of disturbed on leg day, hip hop on chest day and yes, techno on back/bicep day. great mix...don't you think?

jeff00z28
01-21-07, 7:21 pm
I listened to the newwer first blood cd on the way to the gym today

Revolutionary
01-21-07, 7:31 pm
Hey Im surprised we got people here that listen to Immortal Technique.... Hehehehehe never would of thought his shit is sick.... Im always listening to that.... Also I dont know if anyone mentioned CRUNK music like LIL JON and shit.... that gets me hyped ass hell........ Yall should listen to that if u like Rock.... also linking park, breaking benjamin, Disturbed, and slipknot is cool too...... Lata People

maddawg
01-21-07, 9:38 pm
i like to listin to NONPOINT if you never heard of them check em out, lots of disturbed, panter, old metallica, linkin park. the list goes on and on but these are the ones that get me fired up

jeff00z28
01-21-07, 11:39 pm
thats one of my fav. songs fo sho. i just got back from their concert believe it or not

Simps
01-22-07, 12:33 am
Revolution is My Name - Pantera
Mouth for War - Pantera
Cry for Me Sky - Devildriver
Jump da Fuck Up - Soulfly
Facing What Consumes you - Hatebreed

Five great ones. Pantera is always on there. Best band ever.

Hollywood
01-22-07, 12:40 am
eminem - soldier

i'm not a huge rap fan, but this song definitely gets you goin no matter what

These shoulders hold up so much
They wont budge
I'll never fall or fold up
Even if my collar bones crush and crumble
I will never slip or stumble

Liftbig21
01-22-07, 3:10 am
eminem - soldier

i'm not a huge rap fan, but this song definitely gets you goin no matter what

These shoulders hold up so much
They wont budge
I'll never fall or fold up
Even if my collar bones crush and crumble
I will never slip or stumble

for sure bro that song gets me goin....SLayer-here comes the pain and Black Label by lamb of god too....and Korn-Blind/Yall want a single...those songs get me goin so hard

violator
01-22-07, 3:33 am
Mudvayne - determined
drykilllogic - buckles
Sepultura - territory
Rage against the machine - tire me

feel tha desire burn!

wedge
01-22-07, 12:24 pm
I've got to give it up for Hatebreed. I've been listening to them exclusively while lifting for a few weeks now and I see continual gains.

Hercules
01-22-07, 12:48 pm
I'm a big fan of Static-X. 'Kill your Idols' will get you pumped for anything (even cardio).

'Whatever' by Godsmack is my weapon of choice for big lifts. That song makes me want to really kick some ass.

Hatred
01-22-07, 4:06 pm
Pantera and Mushroomhead.
I don't even have anything else on my Mp3 player.

Enforcer25
01-22-07, 7:00 pm
I have music from Country to Rap. I have a playlist for lifting and one for running. My lifting has DMX, Rob Zombie, Seether, Static-X, Korn, Judas Priest, Ted Nugent. I'm all over the place in my music tastes. I mainly listen for tempo and the words will follow what I'm looking for.

KC Irish
01-22-07, 9:30 pm
I like to start it off with:

AC/DC - Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
Celtic Bagpipes - Scotland the Brave
Slipknot - My Plague
Hatebreed - Smash Your Enemies
Deftones - 7 Words
Mudvayne - Dig
Reveille - Judas

From there its a lot of Heavy Metal. I get really geeked to Rage Against The Machine - "Know Your Enemy".

KC Irish

bigmack712004
01-23-07, 2:01 am
This song is Anthem by Trivium. It pretty much puts our life into perspective.

Just when they thought you were through
You've burned their lies, now you're strengthened it's true
Turn your backs on your enemies
And let those motherfuckers rot in their jealousy

They
Can't stand
That the worlds up for taking and we are adamant
Hell bent
Determined to dominate everything

We are the fire
Resound the anthem

The music connects, unites us more
Our masses strengthened, an unstoppable horde
We're all now a family
Together let's show the world what we say

Tenacity24-7
01-23-07, 2:34 pm
My playlist changes constantly, but right now it is dominated by:
Outkast
B.I.G.
Tupac
Evanescence
DMX
Linkin Park
Ludacris
Lil Jon
Old hip-hop: Eric B. and Rakim, NWA, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, LL Cool J.

and just to mix it up a bit: Phil Collins (In the Air tonight) stays in the rotation!

grunt1-1969
01-23-07, 3:25 pm
Hatebreed, kill switch engage, and diecast at the gym
cool down time usually nickelback, stone sour and some korn

gymboy
01-23-07, 4:06 pm
Cause there's just one way that we can stand
Too many ways to fall

This was a 1992 track that surfaced on a local station recently.Group was
members of the old Stevie Ray Vaughan band. The lyrics of this one fit the
iron game.And it rocks.

kooldudejm84
01-23-07, 4:29 pm
anything from disturbed gets me goin...but droppin plates is usually my first choice. It doesn't matter though, when i started movin weight i tune everything out anyways

asaint
01-26-07, 1:43 pm
What up fellas? I was just wondering what your fav. training music was. Mine is all metal, Bullet For My Valentine,Diecast,Soilwork,Killswitch Engage are always blaring in my headphones.

xman
01-26-07, 1:52 pm
i speak along the same lines as u my friend, Godsmack, lambofGod, demonhunter, Avenged Sevenfold,Drowning Pool,... metal gives me the blood rrush.

Giant Killer
01-26-07, 1:52 pm
My one & only, tried & true lifting muzak is "The Black Dahlia Murder"
hell, I get anabolic just listening to it, and the metal blast hits always at the right times when you need to get those excruciating growth reps up...
I've also been known to pump Rage Against the Machine, Bleeding Through, and Acacia Strain through my 'phones--but Black Dahlia Murder is where its at!, I would encourage anyone that is a metal fan to download it ASAP...

The_Dude
01-26-07, 2:19 pm
What up fellas? I was just wondering what your fav. training music was. Mine is all metal, Bullet For My Valentine,Diecast,Soilwork,Killswitch Engage are always blaring in my headphones.

dude, i just came across bullet for my valentine a few months ago. it's my session music. In my mp3 i have bullet, korn, mudvayne, stone sour, slipknot, killswitch engage, atreyu, scars of life(no longer around) and some other shiet.

Hollywood
01-26-07, 2:34 pm
Hell yeah Bullet is real good. I rock a lot of Mudvayne and Finch too.. two of my favorite bands. Sometimes when I start getting tired of metal I throw on some heavy rap too.. DMX, some Eminem, Hell Rell.

GFH1911
01-26-07, 2:44 pm
My playlist is pretty much all rap and metal with some other random stuff thrown in. I got everything from DMX, Trick Daddy, and 2pac to Pantera, RATM, Children of Bodom, Slayer, etc.

speedster00
01-26-07, 2:56 pm
30 seconds to mars, 3 days gracs, Disturbed, Korn, Hinder......

Buckeye
01-26-07, 2:58 pm
Anything that gets me ready to bend a barbell bro!!!!

gsb239
01-26-07, 3:07 pm
I dont really care when Im lifting... but it has to be techno for cardio. Or something I know the words to... cardio is too damn boring.

toad_man33
01-26-07, 3:15 pm
usaly metal for me too metallica, godsmack......but the jay z lincoln park mix is good too

Lethal_Banana
01-26-07, 3:41 pm
Metal all the way here too (most of the time, that is)... Maiden, Blind Guardian, Metallica (early albums), Manowar, Callenish Circle, Satyricon, Insomnium. Now, on some days I've been listening to reggae (Damian Marley), which makes me zone out and concentrate 100%.

Jrsurette
01-26-07, 4:34 pm
system of a down gets me pumped up and crazy but also some more heavier shit too like 36 crazy fists, trivium, metallica but killem all and master of puppets shit, very little rap gets me ready to lift even though i like rap the only rap i can lift too is DMX heavy hardcore shit.

DO WORK!!!!

Torque757
01-26-07, 4:42 pm
Lamb of God, slipknot, korn, Am I the only slayer fan in here? Slayer is about as good as metal gets in my opinion...

Torque757
01-26-07, 4:45 pm
Mine is all smooth jazz. A little Sinatra, and I'm pumped for hours.

RowdyRobby
01-26-07, 4:54 pm
Wu-Tang Clan aint nuttin to .... wit!!! And of cousre metal ,I like Godsmack, i also like Audioslave start out kinda slow good for warmin up and progresses just like the workout.

Pride
01-26-07, 5:36 pm
Really for me, any song that really brings back bad memories or any song i can really relate to. Those Memories are my fule when Im pumping iron. for example:
Breaking Benjamin; Diary Of Jane/ Stone Temple Piolts; Half The Man I Used To Be/ Killswitch Engage; My Curse, self revolution/ Hurt; Falls Apart/ Godsmack; Im doing the best that i can, re-align/ Linkin Park; one step closer, numb/ Mudvayne; world so cold/ Slipknot; Duality/ Metallica; all of the long haired met/ Rage against the machine; renegades of funk/ Stonesour; through the glass/ Seether; The Gift/ Earshot; Wait, Headstrong/ Nickelback; saving me, far away, hero/ Red Jumpsuit Apparatus; Face down/ Daughtry; Its Not Over/ Staind; all namely Everything Changes/ Incubus; Pardon Me/ Kid rock; American Badass/ Young Jeezy; I luv it/ Eminem; lose yourself, mosh.
These are just a strong few that bring back memories of my back injury from football that made me start back at square one... my father, nuff said... fucked up relationships... my own demons that i quarrel with all the time.
This is What gets me going in the weightroom.

asaint
01-26-07, 5:46 pm
Slayer's "Respect" is one of my fav's in the gym...awesome song

Gainer65
01-26-07, 6:12 pm
Anything metal!

big H
01-26-07, 6:21 pm
whoa you cant tell me you dont listen to rage against the machine. take the powerback,testify,killing in the name of..all on my playlist. and it may seem weird but the other day i had the chilli peppers playin.... if ya havent herd any of those rage songs get downloading.

Torque757
01-26-07, 9:04 pm
Yea rage is the shit man... and that stuff about smooth jazz, one the dudes got on here when I got up from my computer so...

ILL
01-26-07, 9:06 pm
Dry Kill Logic-Hatebreed-Korn-Demon Hunter

vIShuS
01-26-07, 9:18 pm

Good to see the KSE in there. Howard Jones has the best scream ive ever heard and it just gives you a kick in the ass to hear it. I get shivers just listening to those guys....simplay amazing. also, mudvayne is a top choice of mine. anything that is loud and drowns out the prissy music and talking of the other people.....

-SiSu

BitterNdThenSome
01-26-07, 9:24 pm
insision, molotov solution, ahab, mastodon, old black dahlia demos, behemoth, cryptopsy, decapitated, elysia, entombed, opeth, skinless... REAL death and black metal... couple of good grindcore bands here and there like cattle decap or pig destroyer always help keep things rollin to. cardios all about rap, method man, wu tang, jedi mind tricks, talib, mos def, RA tha rugged man....

simon and garfunkel

BitterNdThenSome
01-26-07, 9:27 pm
Metal all the way here too (most of the time, that is)... Maiden, Blind Guardian, Metallica (early albums), Manowar, Callenish Circle, Satyricon, Insomnium. Now, on some days I've been listening to reggae (Damian Marley), which makes me zone out and concentrate 100%.

good shit, i cant stand most "metal" bands these days.... esp. "nu" metal and metalcore, that shit drives me up the wall.

BitterNdThenSome
01-26-07, 9:28 pm
Good to see the KSE in there. Howard Jones has the best scream ive ever heard and it just gives you a kick in the ass to hear it. I get shivers just listening to those guys....simplay amazing. also, mudvayne is a top choice of mine. anything that is loud and drowns out the prissy music and talking of the other people.....

-SiSu

want a kick in the ass? carrionshine by cryptopsy. drums are amazing

vIShuS
01-26-07, 9:40 pm
want a kick in the ass? carrionshine by cryptopsy. drums are amazing

did those guys just come out? i mean are they knew? never heard of em, but thanks for the info, crazy drums always get me ragin. thanks again.