PDA

View Full Version : Best Universal Pre-Workout Supp?

NPRamirez
04-08-08, 9:17 pm
Current - Shock therapy

I've been looking at Nitro and Pump. Also the shock therapy+storm idea. Either way, you can only have one pre workout supplement. Has anybody experienced a number of these and know for sure which reigns supreme? Or a different product that works wonders? Shock therapy alone has done well for me but again, i'm lookin for something more.

Fury317
04-08-08, 9:27 pm
For me....

definitely Stak and Pump together.

And IMO, take Nitro after your workout.

BiG in NYC 823
04-09-08, 9:44 am
Current - Shock therapy

I've been looking at Nitro and Pump. Also the shock therapy+storm idea. Either way, you can only have one pre workout supplement. Has anybody experienced a number of these and know for sure which reigns supreme? Or a different product that works wonders? Shock therapy alone has done well for me but again, i'm lookin for something more.

you might want to add Storm to that stack and take it either - During or POST.

I know, i took Shock & Storm together and set all new PRs on my major lifts and had PHENOMENAL results.
Also, according to most, Pump is more of a steady,constant energy throughout your workout whereas Shock has been described as a "Kick in the ass"/ Jolt of energy.

Addding Storm, i think would be a great addition and maybe its what you are looking for..

NPRamirez
04-09-08, 4:28 pm
So wait, Shock+Storm and Pump? I knw that sooner or later i will want to try out Pump, even though im content with Shock Therapy alone. But, if i take Pump, do i stop shock+storm? Will my body go into a shock coma with all 3?

Liftbig21
04-09-08, 4:30 pm
So wait, Shock+Storm and Pump? I knw that sooner or later i will want to try out Pump, even though im content with Shock Therapy alone. But, if i take Pump, do i stop shock+storm? Will my body go into a shock coma with all 3?

take pump pre...storm post..and lose the shock for the time being

NPRamirez
04-09-08, 4:40 pm
Thanks lifebig21. I'm going to give that a chance. I hear good things about Pump and even though shock therapy has done me good, i'm curious to see the results Pump and Storm can produce.

squattingtillipuke
04-09-08, 4:42 pm
used em both...In the end I like the ease of Pump. Pump also has a different energy to it than ST...it is more of a steady flow of energy.

Nitro is a definate staple in my arsenal no matter what I take...I generally take it just prior to getting into my last exercise. Of course I also like to sip on EAA stack throughout the day...just can't get enough EAA's.

AnabolicMass02
04-09-08, 4:44 pm
I do not need creatine but I want the crazy pump. That is why I use BP. I feel like rippin out of my skin.

LegendKillerJosh
04-09-08, 4:47 pm
m-stak after breakfast, pump 30 minutes before, nitro right before.

NPRamirez
04-09-08, 11:09 pm
Ok, ok. I think i got it down. About the M-stak by the way, im waiting until im about 21. I don't know if i mentioned i'm 18. Just a wee lad.

So... i'm thinking pump pre WO. nitro during (or not at all?) and storm+protein PWO. In this scenario, should i can the creatine monohydrate? would it hurt to keep 5 grams a day so it;s not a waste?

pmug0000
04-09-08, 11:14 pm
Ok, ok. I think i got it down. About the M-stak by the way, im waiting until im about 21. I don't know if i mentioned i'm 18. Just a wee lad.

So... i'm thinking pump pre WO. nitro during (or not at all?) and storm+protein PWO. In this scenario, should i can the creatine monohydrate? would it hurt to keep 5 grams a day so it;s not a waste?

If you are going to take Pump and Storm, you don't need anymore creatine. Unless you wanted to save Pump and Storm for workout days only, then you could take your creatine mono on off days.

bovat
04-09-08, 11:30 pm
I do not need creatine but I want the crazy pump. That is why I use BP. I feel like rippin out of my skin.

BP?

Nihility
04-09-08, 11:48 pm
BP reminds me of a diff company's pump product, but i dont want to break forum rules.

GRUNT
04-10-08, 12:04 am
I take test 1 hour prior then 30 mins prior pump...

I wash it down w/ a Shock therapy and watermelon EAA's mixture. It has been working for me for the past few months...

About 2 months ago I started a intra workout drink which consists of Torrent, watermelon EAA's and glutamine.

Post workout is torrent and Nitro...a little costly with the many doses of torrent but its well worth the pennies...

NPRamirez
04-10-08, 4:09 pm
I forgot about Torrent and Nitro. Eventually i want experiement all the tried and true combonations. Ugh, so many that i want to try and that's only with Universal. Luckily, I trust them the most. God forbid one lets his supplement curiosity wonder beyond one or two trusted brands.

Enforcer
04-10-08, 4:10 pm
Current - Shock therapy

Shock Therapy and Animal Pump together- do it, do it

xxscaxx
04-10-08, 4:12 pm
storm during workout (big ant drink), torrent after. i am taking stak but i just finished up and i think the storm and torrent are plenty for a while.

NPRamirez
04-10-08, 4:13 pm

This is what it has come down to, it seems.

Hoffdogg
04-10-08, 4:18 pm

LOL! Dude...

NPRamirez
04-10-08, 4:20 pm
lol, is that a bad stack or something?
I'm fairly new to the universal line so excuse my newblood.

Hoffdogg
04-10-08, 4:24 pm
lol, is that a bad stack or something?
I'm fairly new to the universal line so excuse my newblood.I wouldn't say it would be bad, how sensitive are you to Stims? That stack would blow most people's minds I am sure. Shock and Pump do the same thing in general, Shock has a more immediate energy rush, and Pump is a more sustained energy.

I recommend picking just one of them. The Shock/Storm combo can't be beat in my opinion, both in effectiveness and price. Shock pre workout and Storm post workout.

NPRamirez
04-10-08, 6:02 pm
Shock+Storm is what i was initially considering because i already take Shock. Before i try S+S i think i'll do Pump + storm to try Pump out. How about this stack? Other thn the fact that it may be more pricey thn S+S.

Hoffdogg
04-10-08, 6:04 pm
Shock+Storm is what i was initially considering because i already take Shock. Before i try S+S i think i'll do Pump + storm to try Pump out. How about this stack? Other thn the fact that it may be more pricey thn S+S.
you won't need Pump AND Storm. You get enough of the creatine from Pump. Take it pre workout, and one serving on rest days.

NPRamirez
04-10-08, 6:11 pm
So stand alone Pump? Sounds good to me. Next month i'll give the shock+storm a shot. Based on the results, i'll decide accordingly.

Hoffdogg
04-10-08, 6:47 pm
So stand alone Pump? Sounds good to me. Next month i'll give the shock+storm a shot. Based on the results, i'll decide accordingly.
It really is a great combo, use just a serving of Storm on rest days.

let me know how it works.

NPRamirez
04-11-08, 12:05 am
It really is a great combo, use just a serving of Storm on rest days.

let me know how it works.

For sure.

"6"
10-05-08, 10:03 am

Haha...I've been there before. Washed down the Pump with Shock Therapy.

Take it and prepare for blast off...

I didn't like the nasty crash I had afterwards though

TheDukeUSMC
12-11-08, 11:04 am
I have just finished a can of Animal Pump now I'm switching to Shock Therapy (Grape Splash)

Aggression
12-11-08, 11:11 am
I've tried both Pump and Shock Therapy.

I like Shock Therapy better. It provides a 'swift kick in the ass', which I need after 8.5 hours of work and hitting the gym at 8pm. I take Shock Therapy with Nitro and 3 BetaAla9 caps pre-workout, Intra-Aid during the workout, and Nitro+Torrent post workout.

simpleguy
12-11-08, 11:57 am
I've tried both Pump and Shock Therapy.

I like Shock Therapy better. It provides a 'swift kick in the ass', which I need after 8.5 hours of work and hitting the gym at 8pm. I take Shock Therapy with Nitro and 3 BetaAla9 caps pre-workout, Intra-Aid during the workout, and Nitro+Torrent post workout.

just wondering, don't you happen to have a hard time falling asleep if taking the ST at 8pm ?

Aggression
12-11-08, 12:11 pm
just wondering, don't you happen to have a hard time falling asleep if taking the ST at 8pm ?

Not that 15min would make much of a difference, but I take it at 7:40-7:45 . To answer you're question, it DID effect me last week (when I switched to later workouts). I would wake up feeling like I only slept for 20min and it'd actually be time to get up for work. This week, so far its been a lot better. I sleep normally now when taking it at 8pm. I guess my body just had to adjust to it.

styles
01-15-09, 2:31 am
Pump before; Nitro after.

Sometimes I read these threads and I get the impression people don't cycle off Stak.

Do some of you take Stak continuously?

Aggression
01-15-09, 8:40 am
Pump before; Nitro after.

Sometimes I read these threads and I get the impression people don't cycle off Stak.

Do some of you take Stak continuously?

I'm taking Stak right now, but once my can is up, I'll take a week off. After the week off, I'll be doing my first cycle of Animal Test for 42 days straight.

mritter3
01-15-09, 11:47 am
test one hour before workout, shock 20 mins before workout, storm and eaa stack during and torrent post. cant go wrong with that stack man.

styles
01-15-09, 11:49 am
I'm taking Stak right now, but once my can is up, I'll take a week off. After the week off, I'll be doing my first cycle of Animal Test for 42 days straight.

What do you (or anyone else) think of rotating from Stak to Test or M-Stak without a week off inbetween? The stated purpose of the week off in the FAQs makes me think this is ok.

Aggression
01-15-09, 12:03 pm
What do you (or anyone else) think of rotating from Stak to Test or M-Stak without a week off inbetween? The stated purpose of the week off in the FAQs makes me think this is ok.

The week off between products is so that your body doesn't become dependent or adapt to the product, rendering it ineffective. Going from M-stak to Test and/or stack wouldn't need a week off in between, IMO, because they work in different ways. I would take a week off between Stak and Test cycles, because they both deal with your natural hormones. I always take a week off between any of those, but that's just me.

styles
01-16-09, 10:29 pm
The week off between products is so that your body doesn't become dependent or adapt to the product, rendering it ineffective. Going from M-stak to Test and/or stack wouldn't need a week off in between, IMO, because they work in different ways. I would take a week off between Stak and Test cycles, because they both deal with your natural hormones. I always take a week off between any of those, but that's just me.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming this.

'C' Huck
04-23-09, 11:29 am
I just tried this today and I am going to see how it works. I got a sample of Shock and a sample of Storm in the mail the other day to try out. This morning I mixed the Shock (grape) packet (which I think is normally one serving) with 10 oz. of water like it says and added that to about 8-10 oz of H2 Grape Gatoraid.

I drank about half of it BEFORE my 5:00 am workout and drank the rest AS I was working out. I had some VERY good energy and strength. After the work out I immediately took a serving of Storm which was about 6:30. At about 10:30 I took my 'Pump' pack since it is a foundational supplement like the 'Pak' and others.

So, that was Shock-pre and during, Storm-post and Pump later in the day. So far I have had very good energy and I will continue that on work out days. I think on off days I will just stick with the Pump as normal and maybe have a Storm sometime during the day.

Thoughts?

h 3 L L b 0 y
04-23-09, 11:38 am

Love to if I had the money. Don't really get an energy rush for either of them, just a nice pump. Need something to kick me in the ass but haven't found anything as of yet.

h 3 L L b 0 y
04-23-09, 12:04 pm
Don't see the edit button : S

Just wanted to add, what do people think of keeping the red pill from times I take on off days, and then have two red pills on workout days? (=400mg of caffeine, bad idea?, heard it raises blood pressure etc).

noend
04-23-09, 12:27 pm
I like pump+nitro preworkout and nitro right after.

Shock therapy is great for those long days when you feel like you have to drag your ass into the gym.

NickSP
04-24-09, 12:10 am
Pump and grape juice...

Firefist
04-24-09, 12:43 am
Intra-aid, lil carb max, and shock therapy!

and then some more carbmax and intra-aid during!

Survivor831
04-24-09, 9:54 am
There is nothing better than the anabolic window of opportunity. Shock Therapy-Intra Aid- Torrent. Add Stak or M-stak pre workout and Nitro with Torrent and there is no reason you shouldn't add size.

Feel The Power
04-24-09, 10:18 am
PUMP and I sip on intra-aid before and during my workouts..