PDA

View Full Version : NickSP's Walking with a Purpose

Pages : [1] 2

NickSP
04-11-08, 8:34 pm
the journey idea was brought up recently, and I figured it could only help. Shit, actually I could really use one right now. And if anyone gets anything out of this whole thing, then I've done good.

The goal...to get as big and strong as possible. How do we do that? We break the muscle down with high stimulation, and feed it what it needs in order to recover, AKA come back bigger and stronger, while we rest. Shit, that's simple, ain't it?

"blah blah blah"

Edited: 2-20-09
Like many, my training can evolve and change constantly so all the blabber I originally wrote was a waste of space and only what I was doing at the time. Hence the name change as well. That is all.

Now for the cream filling....

current split

M-chest/bis/traps
Tu-OFF
W-legs
Th-OFF
F-shoulders/tris
Sa-back
Su-OFF

current supps

Pak/Flex, calories, and as for the "actual" supps.....creatine, beta-alanine, EAA's

preWO: Creatine (Pump) / BA (cheap powder) / EAA (EAA Stack)
postWO: EAA (Nitro G)
Off days: Creatine (CEE caps) / BA (cheap powder)
EAA (Stack) x2
+Nitro before bed every night

Total: 1 serving Creatine/BA and 3 total servings EAA's each day

approximately 5'4 180 lb. right now

Pizzalamp
04-11-08, 8:36 pm
im subbed!

NPRamirez
04-11-08, 8:40 pm
Good stuff man. Unique split from what i can tell, i like it. Supplemnts are stacked high, very nice.

Elite
04-11-08, 8:51 pm
Bout time fellow Watchie. Lets hope you see this journey out, didnt even no about 'Fuck it' vol:1. You've gained a good 10lbs since then, so big things are expected, aswell as a high intake of Nitro-G...

eblnyc
04-11-08, 8:53 pm
sweet..this looks interesting..iam in..

T o m m Y
04-11-08, 9:02 pm

x2

NickSP
04-11-08, 9:19 pm
This'll be another long one.
So I had my first post all written out, and kept thinking about what to call it. Something with simplicity in the title, powerbuilding, just didn't know. It's funny, cause right after tonight, I immediately decided I had to make it part two. A lot is funny right now actually...

my first journey was entitled as such due to the circumstances, I was training a certain way and then felt weak as shit and said "fuck it, I'll start going heavier now instead of waiting..." (I was originally planning on starting strength training right before wrestling). Recently, I started tossing in a little more powerlifting. I also thought I was gonna begin a short cut in the near future....I lied, that just ain't happening. Tonight...those feelings came back in a BIG way, hence "part two." It's also a coincidence I recently threw in that song quote in my signature, because right now fear of weakness is largely about to start running me. So yeah, a lot of coincidental happenings going on...

Here's some insight. Shoulders/tris tonight....started off pretty strong with DB militaries, 80's for 6 I think, and I use a pretty damn good ROM and sit as upright as possible to keep the chest out and medial delts in. Felt good, my strength has been shooting up in the past couple weeks. Then seated rear delts, what's fairly normal weight felt heavy on my first set and my form was bad so I had to drop the weight big time. Side delts, dropped the weight after my first rep, again felt too heavy. But it's cool, I mean I did hit some strong presses. Went on to CG bench, and absolutely BOMBED 245, someone had to come over and get it up. Now, a lot of guys, even on this forum alone scoff at that weight....one reason to be pissed. I hit that weight a YEAR AGO, and 235x4 just a few months ago...that's another one. I honestly thought I was even gonna go higher, and felt so confident in that weight I didn't even ask for a spot, I just wanted one rep to see how easy it was and evaluate how high I was gonna go after. I got so pissed afterwards I took off all the weight and wasn't gonna do anymore, just wasn't gonna bench tonight. I went over to the cables, got the straight bar and started banging out all kinds of reps for pushdowns. Went heavy to a tough 5 or 6 reps with a bit of cheating, hit light weight for close to 20 reps, just wanted to start annihilating my tris in any way. I'm not a high-volume guy, but I hit probably close to several sets of these, went on to 3 sets of dips with a stretch at the bottom and exploded up to full lockout, then continued on to a couple sets of light-weight skullcrushers for who knows how many reps...fast concentric with a real slow negative on every rep, also capped all sets with CG presses with the same bar, again fast concentric and slow negative. When I left the gym I was still raging, knowing my cut was just not gonna happen. I had to stop and sit in front of the pond on the way back to cool down a bit, ear-blasting music still going on the i-pod.
I'll be cleaning up the diet a bit, but I won't add cardio and fuck an official cut. I need these occasional realizations that I'm a piece of shit. And I need to be fucking big, and I need to move some real fucking weight. Forget the beach, forget the abs. I'm not letting up on shit. First stop will be me benching, squatting, and pulling 3 plates, 4, 5 plates respectively.

NickSP
04-11-08, 9:30 pm
im subbed!

You're fast SOB Pizza G, did you actually read all that?

Good stuff man. Unique split from what i can tell, i like it. Supplemnts are stacked high, very nice.

I think a 4 day's pretty ideal. As the biggest groups, I feel legs and back should be by themselves, I've had tris with back for a while now. I don't like putting tris with chest (or bis with back for that matter), I usually don't even like them with shoulders either, but it's one or the other. I'd much rather put em with shoulders cause they'll be used a lot more on chest day, so the tri workout will be weaker. Lesser of the two evils I suppose. Also, with this split every day gets a day of rest before it, except back which I'd consider my best part, so it's the one that doesn't need priority.

Bout time fellow Watchie. Lets hope you see this journey out, didnt even no about 'Fuck it' vol:1. You've gained a good 10lbs since then, so big things are expected, aswell as a high intake of Nitro-G...

Oh, you better believe I'll be seeing this one out. I won't have all my numbers, and probably won't be logged every single day, but it'll go til the end...whenever that is.

x2

Damn, thanks to everyone for coming in, like I said if anyone gets something out of this then it's legit.

Pizzalamp
04-11-08, 9:44 pm
yes i did read all that...i like how u do the nitro before bed...i just began doing that

NickSP
04-13-08, 12:45 am
I'm just thinking "out loud," typing's easier than writing

box squats x5
front squats x3
lying leg curls x3
standing calves x3
?hypers x3?

? bench x5
flyes x3
standing bb military x3?
rear laterals x3
upright rows x3 ?

deads x5
overhand bb rows x3
pulldowns x3
db shrugs x3
grip work
?hypers x3?

? floor presses x4
overhead ext x3
hammer curls x3 ?

bench x5
flyes x3
skullcrushers x3
rope pushdowns x3

bb military x3
rear laterals x3
upright rows x3
hammer curls x3

NickSP
04-13-08, 1:53 am
box squats x5
GHR x3
leg curls x3
standing calves x3

bench x5
standing bb military x3
flyes x3
rear laterals x3
upright rows x3 ?

WEEK ONE HEAVY RACK PULLS BELOW KNEE FOR MAX TRIPLE, THEN A MAX
WEEK TWO, SPEED PULLS, AND 2X5 HEAVY SLDL
WEEK THREE HEAVY GMS
overhand bb rows x3
pulldowns x3
db shrugs x3
grip work

floor presses x4
overhead ext x3
hammer curls x3

jer
04-13-08, 8:06 pm
Alright Nick, lets see what you got.

Kick some ass.

I would probably switch the flys with the overhead presses, just to keep the shoulders a little more fresh, but that's me. Do what you do brother.

mark
04-13-08, 9:30 pm
Interesting journey you have lined up here... If you really want to max your strength and size gains for your lower body i would pick one squat to do each wo and then dump the leg curls in place of GMs. You can switch stances and rep schemes every week to keep shocking the body. Also if you truly push it every week those 2 exercises should just about wipe you out. Just remember to continue to eat big and push the weights higher.

Pizzalamp
04-13-08, 9:47 pm
youve got big calves Nick...always been like that?

NickSP
04-14-08, 7:13 pm
Shit...a huge, steaming pile of it.
Things are just not going my way at the moment...I'll be taking a few days off to regroup at the end of the week or Monday...I will update then.

Pizzalamp
04-14-08, 10:41 pm
Shit...a huge, steaming pile of it.
Things are just not going my way at the moment...I'll be taking a few days off to regroup at the end of the week or Monday...I will update then.

good luck bro

Young&Hungry
04-14-08, 10:44 pm
Interesting journey you have lined up here... If you really want to max your strength and size gains for your lower body i would pick one squat to do each wo and then dump the leg curls in place of GMs. You can switch stances and rep schemes every week to keep shocking the body. Also if you truly push it every week those 2 exercises should just about wipe you out. Just remember to continue to eat big and push the weights higher.

Agreed with Mark, leg curls suck. GHR's, reverse hypers, GM's would be a better fit. Your split is looking solid bro and I feel ya on the need to regroup. Take care.

NickSP
04-25-08, 8:21 pm
Back on the road. Today may not have been my best workout, but glad I got back in the gym. New training is underway, so it's time to see what powerlifting can do for the bodybuilding world.

Deads x5: lower back has been my problem these couple weeks so I started with a rep at 365, felt heavier than normal but still fairly comfortable so I went up to 385 and bam-it felt like fuckin 405 usually does. Didn't go any higher, dropped to 315 for triples as my last 3 sets.
BB Rows x3: now ever since I started limiting strap use these have gone down quite a bit in weight but these weren't as bad today as I thought they would be after seeing my loss of strength with DLing. Tested with 155 and hit it for a comfortable 12 or 15, so went up to 185 for my second and third set and managed to hold on for somewhere around 10 each set.
Pulldowns x3: these apparantly didn't suffer much, put on about 140 or so and it was an easy 12 so I just stopped and decided to just do another 3 sets and not count it. Worked at 180 and 190 for about 6-8 per.
Went to hit some DB shrugs, which I've never really done much I've always liked the bar. I went to 115 and it felt insignificant to my traps, but I couldn't hold on for shit so I just went and loaded up the bar and grabbed my straps. Now I would like a badass set of traps and I was gonna do grip work anyway, so I might as well hit traps good first and then focus on grip. I repped 315 a bit and my shrug strength felt like it didn't suffer much either so I went right up to 405...which felt fine, I got to 10 reps before my fuckin strap ripped right in half. Man that was just plain upsetting. Went and threw in a couple sets of pullthroughs for the hell of it, which gave a tremendous stretch in the hams, great exercise I should of tried these sooner. For grip I held 80's for a couple sets and then a couple sets of supinated wrist curls, forearms resting on my knees. 65 for about 15 or so and 85 for like 9 or 10.

Not sure what I'm gonna do for traps, I'll figure it out.
And I'm gonna have to bust my ass on my forearms, this weakness is fucking inexcusable.

Heh, I'll push through. The battle's only begun.
This time off was very ill-timed though, Carlos I must admit...20/20 hindsight is telling me I shouldn't have offered that challenge for the ABC lol I'd say I'll probably be put to shame. Oh well, so goes life. That's all for today.

Pizzalamp
04-26-08, 11:47 am
good stuff imo...good to see u breaking out the straps...but that sux they broke..i would have been pissed beyond belief

NickSP
04-27-08, 9:00 pm
Alright Nick, lets see what you got.

Kick some ass.

I would probably switch the flys with the overhead presses, just to keep the shoulders a little more fresh, but that's me. Do what you do brother.

Took this into consideration since I'm trying to bring up my presses, thanks jer.

Will be good to have someone of your strength here as I begin using PL. I'll be taking out the front squats, not 100% sure what I'm gonna do for hammies/lower back. I've never been the biggest fan of GM's...just something about bending over with some big weight at the neck I don't like. But apparently most PLers really love em, so I figure I'll give it a shot with a real low bar placement and really keep my head up.

youve got big calves Nick...always been like that?

Pretty much. My dad was a big boy in his day...played fball at ND West Haven, older bros played ball as well. I came out the short kid more or less with the frame for wrestling, or something of the sort. I did gymnastics as a kid too, so that may have played a part in it.

NickSP
04-27-08, 9:17 pm
Floor Presses
225x1
205x6 x2
205x5
These weren't bad since I haven't done these in about a year, probably more. No leg drive, dead-stop reps at the bottom for the most part. 225 wasn't bad, will probably shoot for 245 next time

Overhead extensions
65x13
65x9-11
85x6-8
don't remember exact reps for those sets
With a heavy, limited ROM like floor presses I wanted something where I could get a good stretch, thus the overhead. Never done em with a bar before but sometimes a db feels awkward on the wrists, plus I thought a wider grip could help get a good stretch...I liked these. Will become a staple along with skulls, CG bench and straight bar pushdowns.

Hammer Curls
45xsomething
60x9 or 10 ish
65x8 ish

Since I've practically switched to a PL routine, I'm thinking of just including an all in one speed day here too. I know everyone pretty much goes with WSB with the whole 2 ME day/2 speed day bit, but I feel like forming my own ways with my outlook on things. I'd like to hit the 3 big lifts, and then just a separate day for the speed work. The day is really short anyway so it'd be easy to fit, just 3 sets of each for speed, and then the arm workout. With legs tomorrow I wouldn't do speed squats, so it would just be 3 sets of bench and 3 sets of pulls, for speed. I know deadlifting full twice a week isn't good, so I may make back day just for stiff-legs and rack pulls. This way I'll get the explosion off the deck on this day, and heavy work from the top with the rack pulls...done rambling.

NickSP
04-28-08, 8:02 pm
Box Squats x5
315x1
275x3?
275 or 255xsomething, I really don't remember what I did at all
255x5-6
225x5-7? memory's not the best if you couldn't tell
dropset 135x12

these were not as strong as I would have liked/expected, I need to keep up a badass diet this week and hopefully will get back up to better numbers next week. These are done below parallel and completely sit down and back

GHRs...were awkward for me for some reason, just couldn't get it. I must have looked retarded trying to do them...just went to GM's

GM x3 this is another "new" one for me for the most part
155x10
185x8 x2 I think

Standing calves x3
300 x10-12
320 x8 x2

jer
04-28-08, 8:09 pm
What do you have against pen and paper Nick? lol

Anyway, looking strong brother. I'm sure you'll get the hang of the new things soon.

BTW, what the fuck are GHRs? Glute ham raises? It just came to me as I typed it.

Pizzalamp
04-28-08, 8:24 pm
putting in the work...box squats...good stuff..heavy calf work too

NickSP
04-28-08, 8:35 pm
What do you have against pen and paper Nick? lol

Anyway, looking strong brother. I'm sure you'll get the hang of the new things soon.

BTW, what the fuck are GHRs? Glute ham raises? It just came to me as I typed it.

Eh, I've used it before, just sort of annoying and the notebook always ends up falling apart.
Yeah, maybe I'll give em another shot next week, but if not the GM's are fine and I could always throw in some curls or pullthroughs whenever I want.

putting in the work...box squats...good stuff..heavy calf work too

I really like box squats, I actually think my form is better and kinda find it easier to push through my heels and use less lowerback. I do throw in high reps on calves once in a while, but I figure walking is a lot of high rep stuff so I like going heavy a lot of the time.

NickSP
04-30-08, 8:38 pm
Something I started thinking about which I think is a great tool that people don't use enough, including myself...slow negatives. Not just negatives in the sense of using more weight than your max and getting the concentric phase by some other means, but in the sense of using a lighter weight and hitting both a concentric and eccentric rep. So that's what I did on bench, real slow eccentric each rep on all sets.

Flat bench
205x5
205x4?
185x6 x2
185x4

Standing BB Military...whoever said these were one of the hardest exercises was right
135x6
135x5
115x6-8

Incline flyes
50x8 x2
50x6

Upright rows...never really did these seriously either, not too fond of potential joint problems, but my shoulders felt fine even after forgetting to do a bit of RC warm up today
95x12
115x10
115x9

Seated rear laterals
50x10 x3

Disclaimer: I'll just make a blanket statement in advance that not all my numbers are exact

NickSP
05-02-08, 9:10 pm
I'm shit right now, both physique and strength, but good old SLDLs didn't treat me too bad today. Numbers aren't quite top notch but I'm doing dead stop reps for these now

SLDL
315x6
335x5 x2
315x5 x2

BB rows
185x10
205x8
205x6

Pulldowns
200x8
200x6
180x8

held 80's twice for grip
supinated wrist curls-seated
95x8-10 x3

Pizzalamp
05-02-08, 9:13 pm
i agree...negatives are defintely important and often overlooked

NickSP
05-04-08, 5:29 pm
floor presses
235x2 +1 forced
225x4 +1 forced
205x5-6
195x5

overhead ext
85x10
85x7
75x7-8

hammer curls
70x9
70x8 x2
3rd set double dropped to 50x8, 35x8

Overall much improved workout, certainly finishing up my comeback and will be back on top of things soon enough

Maharg
05-04-08, 5:32 pm
Nice stuff nick, how you liking the shake up?

NickSP
05-04-08, 5:41 pm
Nice stuff nick, how you liking the shake up?

I have usually stuck to low volume anyway, but it's still certainly different...and since my lifting style completely changed I figured I'd throw in some new stuff I've never really done too, why not give it a shot right? Hence the upright rows, GM's, standing militaries, and what not.
The bodybuilder in me got shoved back and doesn't like the absence of leg curls, or more isolation work in general...it wants a pump. It certainly doesn't like a 3-set bicep day, but I'm sticking to it and seeing how it goes

Maharg
05-04-08, 5:59 pm
Standing militarys are a blast, I do those even in my bb routine. You could follow J-Rocks routine. The guy is a powerlifter, but he still does iso work.

NickSP
05-05-08, 7:32 pm
warming up I knew it was gonna be a weak day, and right after my first set I figured it wasn't gonna do too much good trying to go heavy and not hitting sufficient numbers...so I thought the best thing I could do would be to aim for some explosion/form work. Guess I did what you real powerlifters would call speed reps for the rest of my squatting

box squats
275x3
225x2
225x1
205x3
205x1

GM
205x6, 6, 5

standing calves
330x9, 8, 7
drop 200x12

Maharg
05-05-08, 7:34 pm
Bah, atleast you got in there and did something. We have all had those days.

Pizzalamp
05-06-08, 1:05 am
still some good numbers nick

Thrawn
05-06-08, 4:57 pm
Subbed. Gonna be a fun ride in here.
With you on your journey, NickSP! Lets keep this going!

NickSP
05-07-08, 8:46 pm
Flat bench
225x4 + 3 forced: normally I'd say 1 or 2 forced reps is good, but I think I got a spot too early and may have been able to hit the 5th myself
205x6 x2
205x5
205x6

Standing BB Military
135x7
135x4
115x5

Incline flyes
55x6
50x7
45x8

Upright rows
135x8
135x6
115x10

reverse pec deck
110x7
90x12 x2

NickSP
05-07-08, 8:49 pm
Bah, atleast you got in there and did something. We have all had those days.

still some good numbers nick

Subbed. Gonna be a fun ride in here.
With you on your journey, NickSP! Lets keep this going!

Thanks for the support guys

mcbeast
05-07-08, 8:53 pm
Nice work man..Numbers are lookin pretty good,whats the bw at right now?
im subbed!

NickSP
05-07-08, 9:06 pm
In my gym attire I think I was around the 188-189 range today.

mcbeast
05-07-08, 9:07 pm
In my gym attire I think I was around the 188-189 range today.

Good numbers for your weight man!

Young&Hungry
05-07-08, 9:33 pm
Thought you'd like to check this out bro. Justin Harris is a successful bodybuilder and a retarded strong powerlifter so this may be of help to you.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?tid=139&__N=Justin%20Harris

NickSP
05-09-08, 8:22 pm
Good numbers for your weight man!

thanks bro...

Thought you'd like to check this out bro. Justin Harris is a successful bodybuilder and a retarded strong powerlifter so this may be of help to you.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?tid=139&__N=Justin%20Harris

thanks, I'll check it out more, looks like he does crazy volume with squats and deads...

deads
385x2
405x1
315x3 x3

bb rows
215x6 x3

pulldowns - super: straight arm pulldowns
210x7 - 50x15
210x6 - 50x12
200x7 - 50x12

did wrist curls with a bar standing this time, 105x15 x2
105x13

held 185 for 2 or 3 sets. figured doing my grip work with bars this way would be more beneficial for my rows

then I had some fun...I do have another set of straps so I could have just gone back to bb shrugs, and my grip was pretty fried, but I ended up bringing back a little move that used to be a real favorite of mine in HS

power cleans
135x5-7 x3

certainly not a lot of weight, but I'm a "little" rusty with these

deads were good, 405 is by no means a PR but it MAY have been the easiest I've ever pulled it, off the bottom felt like a normal max but after it got past the knees it was pretty easy to bust my hips through. and the 315 triples were easier than last week. The rows were sloppy, the bar had practically rolled down to the last joint of my fingers, it's really frustrating, but I fucking refuse to use straps

NickSP
05-09-08, 8:44 pm
Here's a sappy little story, don't read if you don't want it's more for myself than anything. In my early teenage years I was really someone...I don't mean like now, I guess I'm somewhat built and have ok strength, I mean really a somebody. It started with football when I was a 5'2, under 130 lb little piece of shit, but I was pretty damn strong for my size, and some good explosive power. Hell, I was a lineman at that size. In HS is when I started wrestling. I was THAT kid....vast fucking potential, once I got into it I made incredible improvements in my first year, more than a normal beginner. I had some of the best strength for my size, even as a first year freshman I was known as a leader on the team, and one of the hardest workers. I was the kid that did extra work after practice with those who were punished just for the hell of it, just to make myself better. By sophomore year I continued at the same rate. Short and stocky, no doubt at that point I was one of the strongest at the weight class, but also had amazing explosive speed and good conditioning. I was a scrappy little thing but I came out on top. I worked out like mad wanting to be the ultimate athlete - power, endurance, everything. Could be why I loved something like power cleans so much. Any sort of loss or not achieving better lifting numbers absolutely ate me alive inside, I'll admit I cried after so many matches lost it's not even funny. In my first varsity match, freshman year, I wrestled a kid who had won his section of states, I scored on him once but of course lost...and I was terribly pissed off at my performance. My first as a varsity, and I was pissed losing to an elite wrestler. Coach and everyone called it being too hard on myself, but they knew it was ok cause they knew self-disappointment drove me that much more. When practices slowed down coach looked to me to kick it up a notch, and I was one of the few they knew could get me pumped up and ready to kill with simple pep talks cause I had a warrior's fucking pride and hunger. I really had it all, I was a hell of an athlete with even greater potential. and now here I am. If you looked back at what I was, you'd think of me now as a piece of shit compared to what you'd think I would become. I'm in all sincerity not trying to toot my own horn or "relive" the past or some shit, I'm trying to make myself remember. Remind myself who and what I was. In the past couple days I've been rebuilding this desire for everything - power, build, agility...not just a physique but true function. And I need to remember that desire, the way I refused satisfaction...the way that a loss could never go un-redeemed...

Pizzalamp
05-09-08, 9:13 pm
that was a good post nick...never give up and def keep pushing past any limits

Thrawn
05-11-08, 3:09 pm
Good post indeed. The hardest opponent you will ever meet is that one in the mirror. If you can control him, feed him, anger him and nourish him you are set for big things (or her, not being a sexist here).

NickSP
05-11-08, 5:18 pm
floor press
225x5
210x5 x2
195x5

overhead ext
95x7
85x7
75x8 drop: 45x13

hammer curls
75x7
70x8
70x7

form was a little funky on the curls so I just had to go hit a quick set of 12 on the cables

Pizzalamp
05-11-08, 8:24 pm
floor press
225x5
210x5 x2
195x5

overhead ext
95x7
85x7
75x8 drop: 45x13

hammer curls
75x7
70x8
70x7

form was a little funky on the curls so I just had to go hit a quick set of 12 on the cables

i wanna try the floor press this week

heavy hammers nick...do u go across body or up and down?

NickSP
05-11-08, 9:02 pm
Go for it, I like em. I think they should be used as a tri exercise, and I'm doin em to help bring up my bench of course. No cross body, I always do em straight up.

T o m m Y
05-12-08, 12:46 am
Looking Strong..

Good Work Bro..

Toni69
05-12-08, 3:14 am
I have been dieing to dabble in the floor pressing thing but my rack isnt the type of rack to pull this off and with no spots ever, Im not about to lay on the floor by myself. 225 is strong, no doubt cause now we are on the floor, not a bench..I can imagine how different that must feel overall.

You ever check out IRBS' log? He does loads of floor presses..he is crazy strong and he thinks he is an amateur PL'r..I beg to differ! ;)

Do you ever do rack presses? I do them from time to time and I found they really improved my power on bench and they built and strengthed my tri's as well...not that you need any help, just though it was worth mentioning. LOL

As for your post earlier...with the kid you wrestled and your football past;
Theodore Roosevelt sent off this powerful message in 1910 in Paris at the Sorbonne:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Thrawn
05-12-08, 6:36 am
I have been dieing to dabble in the floor pressing thing but my rack isnt the type of rack to pull this off and with no spots ever, Im not about to lay on the floor by myself. 225 is strong, no doubt cause now we are on the floor, not a bench..I can imagine how different that must feel overall.

You can also perform them on a Smith machine, Toni. You have one of those? Its not ideal, ofcourse. Our rack does also not allow for floor presses. So i use the Smith. A bit awkward at the beginning. Or floor dumbell presses.

NickSP
05-12-08, 1:18 pm
Looking Strong..

Good Work Bro..

thanks man...

You ever check out IRBS' log? He does loads of floor presses..he is crazy strong and he thinks he is an amateur PL'r..I beg to differ! ;)

Do you ever do rack presses? I do them from time to time and I found they really improved my power on bench and they built and strengthed my tri's as well...not that you need any help, just though it was worth mentioning. LOL

As for your post earlier...with the kid you wrestled and your football past;
Theodore Roosevelt sent off this powerful message in 1910 in Paris at the Sorbonne:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Hey you...you're always filled with quotes, thanks.

Rack presses are a fine alternative, I haven't done those in a real long time, maybe I'll throw em in once in a while. If your racks don't have pins low enough and you still wanna give em a shot, like Thrawn said DBs are probably your best option. It definitely does feel different. It's easier to eliminate leg drive just laying straight...I don't like people putting their feet up in the air on a bench, just begging for trouble if you ask me.
IRBS is certainly a strong dude, I'll have to check it out.

NickSP
05-12-08, 8:21 pm
2 sets leg ext, real light

box squats
275x6
put on another bumper plate:
315x3
315x2
295x3
295x2
dropset: free squats 185x15-16

GM's
185x7 x3

standing calves
340x8 x2
200x25?

the mirror doesn't go that low so it's hard to gauge exactly what my depth is on squats by just looking at my legs, but I'm pretty positive what I normally do is a little below parallel, maybe a couple inches? After the first set I wanted to change the height a bit and added a 25 bumper plate, which I think brought me really close to parallel, at worst within an inch. I think I'm just gonna play around and alternate between real low depth and heavier sets right around parallel. The free squats felt incredibly different, but I think it was a good thing, and I was going really low.

Pizzalamp
05-14-08, 12:23 am
good leg day nick

NickSP
05-15-08, 7:39 pm
bench
235x4 +1 forced
210x6
205x6
195x7
195x5

DB incline bench - speed
50x7 x3

incline flyes
50x7, 6, 6

reverse pec deck
120x6
90x12 x2

push ups between each set of rear delts, slow on the way down
that forced rep was crazy, I was at a pure stalemate in the middle for what seemed like a full 10 seconds while the spotter stood there just saying whatever without so much as his hands under the bar. I started to shake my head as it began to come down and he put his fingers under the bar and may have nudged it ever so slightly...and then he just backed off again for some reason even though it wasn't going up at all and when it started coming down again he finally helped. Although, after a minute or two of thought...even though he wasn't the smartest or safest spotter, in the end a struggle like that will only make me better I'm sure.

Young&Hungry
05-15-08, 10:00 pm
Good looking man breast day there Nicholas. Good work despite the shitty spot, that has to be the worst feeling in the gym when you can't trust the guy spotting you when you're trying to go heavy. And about our July pull-off, I put up a 40 pound PR last week in the dead so we are gonna go at it come the ABC. You'll be allowed to pull conventional of course. I am on a mission now to pull 500 before I turn 17 so who knows, that could be the magical day.

NickSP
05-16-08, 6:36 pm
deads
365x5
365x3
315x3 x3

pulldowns
220x5 - drop: 150x10 - double drop: 100x15
220x4 - drop: 150x8 - double drop: 90x12
200x4 - drop: 140x6 - double drop: 90x10

cable rows, with negatives
150x12, 10, 8

hammer curls
45x12, 11
40x12

Thrawn
05-18-08, 7:14 am
deads
365x5
365x3
315x3 x3

pulldowns
220x5 - drop: 150x10 - double drop: 100x15
220x4 - drop: 150x8 - double drop: 90x12
200x4 - drop: 140x6 - double drop: 90x10

cable rows, with negatives
150x12, 10, 8

hammer curls
45x12, 11
40x12

Interesting way of doing pulldowns... How did they feel? Got an awesome pump?

Toni69
05-18-08, 12:26 pm
2 sets leg ext, real light

box squats
275x6
put on another bumper plate:
315x3
315x2
295x3
295x2
dropset: free squats 185x15-16

GM's
185x7 x3

standing calves
340x8 x2
200x25?

the mirror doesn't go that low so it's hard to gauge exactly what my depth is on squats by just looking at my legs, but I'm pretty positive what I normally do is a little below parallel, maybe a couple inches? After the first set I wanted to change the height a bit and added a 25 bumper plate, which I think brought me really close to parallel, at worst within an inch. I think I'm just gonna play around and alternate between real low depth and heavier sets right around parallel. The free squats felt incredibly different, but I think it was a good thing, and I was going really low.

box squats are no joke. I did some with Mark when I was in Hawaii and that shit just proved how weak my thighs actually were! LOL I still practice them cause form is my dilemma as I dabble into heavier weights, especially with my low back issues, but Im building it up...no doubt, cause my GM's are coming up too.

Here you are doing 275-315! crazy! Do you actually pause and sit on the box, then come back up? That's what we did and I had 95lbs on that bar and I was dieing! LOL

Awesome day here!

NickSP
05-18-08, 5:21 pm
floor presses
235x5 +1 forced
225x4-5
215x4
205x5

push presses
135xwhatever
155x5-6 x2

power cleans
135x5-8 x3

overhead ext
65x12 x3

push ups with my hands on the big blue ball x10, a set after my second and third set of ext

did push presses a while ago with a slightly staggered stance, trying to do it squared off now to avoid imbalance...they're hard, knocked myself in the chin on the way up once on the first set. Had to reset my footing a bit with the second set, so I figure it's best to stick with this kind of weight until I'm really comfortable with it. Strength on cleans seems to be coming back nicely, will raise the weight next week.

Pizzalamp
05-18-08, 5:23 pm
looking good nick...i love those pushups on the ball...theyve really helped me w/ shoulder stablity

NickSP
05-18-08, 5:34 pm
Good looking man breast day there Nicholas. Good work despite the shitty spot, that has to be the worst feeling in the gym when you can't trust the guy spotting you when you're trying to go heavy. And about our July pull-off, I put up a 40 pound PR last week in the dead so we are gonna go at it come the ABC. You'll be allowed to pull conventional of course. I am on a mission now to pull 500 before I turn 17 so who knows, that could be the magical day.

Of course you did you little kid prodigy. I'm a bit behind but I'll still give you a run for your money...it's on.
By the way, you do cleans right? Got any thoughts on my thread about them in the training section?

Interesting way of doing pulldowns... How did they feel? Got an awesome pump?

Yeah, that night my lats were sore, not pumped but actually sore like DOMS had already kicked in. Never had that before.

box squats are no joke. I did some with Mark when I was in Hawaii and that shit just proved how weak my thighs actually were! LOL I still practice them cause form is my dilemma as I dabble into heavier weights, especially with my low back issues, but Im building it up...no doubt, cause my GM's are coming up too.

Here you are doing 275-315! crazy! Do you actually pause and sit on the box, then come back up? That's what we did and I had 95lbs on that bar and I was dieing! LOL

Awesome day here!
Thanks Toni
Every rep, even warm ups. I'm no competitive PL so I'm not just using them to learn how to reach a specific depth or anything, I'm also using em to take away momentum and create the explosion through my quads.

Toni69
05-18-08, 6:02 pm
I hear ya, always a good thing to think out of the box and into a new one that still works toward the big picture..your big picture. Training like this has def taught me a lot about my weaknesses and my overall form when I squat. It was funny cause that one hour with Mark in Hawaii, as soon as he saw me squat he saw exactly what I was doing that was causing my low back pain. I would never have caught what he saw either...he showed me how to pay attention to my form without looking in a mirror..I am learning to feel the form a hell of a lot better now.

Box Squats are no joke and deserve a lot of respect..and so do the PL'rs because they are some strong ass athletes. I never really gave them the credit they deserved till I actually saw how they train in person.

need2getBIG
05-18-08, 6:12 pm
love the basic workouts bro,basic movements no special names,just compound and heavy!

NickSP
05-20-08, 7:33 pm
last leg day up at school

low box
295x2
275x2
245x5
245x4
225x6

leg ext
who caresx20

GM
205x6
215x6
215x5
drop: 135x12

lying leg curls
100x21

standing calves
350x9, 8, 8

my bench is starting to look respectable, but now I think my squats are going nowhere fast except to the level of a weak point. My numbers aren't great again today, but I did like the feel of my sets. I always sit down and back completely, and up with what I think is great form. I remembered to contract my back first so my posture was really tight and was really working on forcing my knees out. I'm not consistently flawless of course, but I think I'm really starting to get it down pat. Oh, and those calf sets felt pretty comfortable even with a complete ROM, I should be repping with the stack come next year.

T o m m Y
05-20-08, 9:07 pm
Looking Good Brotha!

need2getBIG
05-20-08, 9:16 pm
like how you threw in the whoa cares at the leg ext. keep it up brother!

Toni69
05-21-08, 3:25 am
awesome box squats...Im jealous! :( LOL

How you like the GM's? My low back and lower outer back areas were so tore up after doin those last week. I dont mean tore up in a bad way, I wasnt in bad pain...I was in the "good" sorta pain...there is such a thing right? LOL

I didnt feel it as much in my hams but I did in the glutes..they were sore too.
Im sure I need to go heavier but 105 seems to be it for me right now till my back and abs get stronger..abs really do a lot of work in that movement! you agree???

mcbeast
05-21-08, 10:20 am
awesome box squats...Im jealous! :( LOL

How you like the GM's? My low back and lower outer back areas were so tore up after doin those last week. I dont mean tore up in a bad way, I wasnt in bad pain...I was in the "good" sorta pain...there is such a thing right? LOL

I didnt feel it as much in my hams but I did in the glutes..they were sore too.
Im sure I need to go heavier but 105 seems to be it for me right now till my back and abs get stronger..abs really do a lot of work in that movement! you agree???

x2 On the box squats,i might have to give them a try! And yes toni,there is a good pain,oxymoron right?

jer
05-21-08, 10:35 am
Congrats on being picked to test the new Animal product.

Now, what the hell is it?!?!? lol

Keep pushing brother.

NickSP
05-23-08, 12:13 pm
8am exam yesterday, ate and started packing, threw down Nitro/Pump preWO and took ballpark about 40 mins in the gym I think

flat bench
245x2 +1 forced
225x3 +1 forced
205x5, 5, 4
last set drop: 135x12

incline DB speed bench - giant: incline DB flyes - giant: reverse pec deck
50x5 - 50x5 - 100x10
45x5 - 45x6 - 100x8
45x5 - 45x5 drop: 35x8? - 100x7 drop: 70x12

had to get back for my ride home, back in CT

mcbeast
05-23-08, 1:51 pm
lookin good brother,keep it up

shizz702
05-23-08, 2:42 pm
Good shit bro! I read your introduction and identified with what you were saying. I too train for strength, utilizing mainly core compound lifts, and throw in a little isolation work here and there.

When you break it down, the stronger you get, the bigger you'll be. Right now I'm on a quest for strength and size as well.

Keep up the good work, lift big, eat big, get big!

NickSP
05-29-08, 8:39 pm
new gym, so who knows how all the weights compare exactly. Once I find a damn job it'll help get me into routine...and I'll be on more, including checking the other journeys I'm subbed to.

incline bb bench
205x5, 4, 5
215x2 +1 forced
155x15
155x10

incline db speed bench
50x6, 6, 5

incline flyes
45x10, 8, 7

rev pec deck
110x12
120x9, 6

straight bar pushdowns
130x12
150x10, 6

I think my speed reps got a little faster when I started coming down quicker as well. Nothin really to report besides that

Pizzalamp
05-31-08, 11:35 am
good stuff nick...welcome back to ct

NickSP
05-31-08, 5:36 pm
SLDL
315x4
335x6
365x3 x2
315x6 drop: 225x10

bb rows
185x10 x3

pulldowns
130x12
170x8
180x7

seated DB curls
35x6-12 3 sets

wrist roller
10 for 2 sets

held 135 as long as I could, 2 sets

1 set 10 pullups

nothing special here. Will start forearm work twice a week...what I did today, plus another day of BB/DB curls

need2getBIG
06-01-08, 8:53 am
SLDL
315x4
335x6
365x3 x2
315x6 drop: 225x10

bb rows
185x10 x3

pulldowns
130x12
170x8
180x7

seated DB curls
35x6-12 3 sets

wrist roller
10 for 2 sets

held 135 as long as I could, 2 sets

1 set 10 pullups

nothing special here. Will start forearm work twice a week...what I did today, plus another day of BB/DB curls

nice numbers on the sldl brother

Pizzalamp
06-01-08, 10:09 am
pullups after all that is tough...nice work nick

Thrawn
06-02-08, 4:12 am
pullups after all that is tough...nice work nick

X2! That was a rock solid session!

NickSP
06-03-08, 1:08 am
sunday's session

rack bench...can't do floor presses in this rack. pin was just a bit higher than normal I think, so I'll probably just shoot for the same weight one pin lower next time
245x4
245x3
225x4
225x3

push presses
155x5
175x3...didn't quite catch it at the bottom, or at least have it in control and I dropped it
175x5
185x3

cleans
155x5 x2
185x3

overhead ext
65x12 x3

Maharg
06-03-08, 1:15 am
Good shit with the cleans bro. I think you just gave me the push to go ahead and throw them in tomorrow.

Thrawn
06-03-08, 5:00 am
Nice workout, NickSP!
For now i have been performing push-presses at our calf raise machine. We have some low ceilings in our gym, so doing this with an barbell and some big pies would be a bad idea =)
I like the way they build up your focus. Getting under that weight, tence up, give the little push and then EXPLODE. A great exercise.

Toni69
06-03-08, 5:31 am
sunday's session

rack bench...can't do floor presses in this rack. pin was just a bit higher than normal I think, so I'll probably just shoot for the same weight one pin lower next time
245x4
245x3
225x4
225x3

push presses
155x5
175x3...didn't quite catch it at the bottom, or at least have it in control and I dropped it
175x5
185x3

cleans
155x5 x2
185x3

overhead ext
65x12 x3

great day..I like rack presses a lot. I go there now and then to help me work through sticking points on flatbench.

its hard as hell when you have those pins low enough and your starting from the negative position...good stuff though.

Cleans are so cool to watch others do. I dabbled in it a while, but Im not equipped for it at all. First off, I dont jump...LOL, second, I have little girl wrists that get way too strained from the movement..and third, eventually the pressure hits my back...so Im SOL there. You doin cleans to the chest or clean and press together cause I see you did push presses too.

Boy, that will def all get your HR goin and tax your CNS good.

Cool Nick...

NickSP
06-03-08, 3:02 pm
Nice workout, NickSP!
For now i have been performing push-presses at our calf raise machine. We have some low ceilings in our gym, so doing this with an barbell and some big pies would be a bad idea =)
I like the way they build up your focus. Getting under that weight, tence up, give the little push and then EXPLODE. A great exercise.

Absolutely, if you ever get the chance to use free weight and use a square stance you've gotta lean back just enough to catch the bar on your chest while having the fear of falling backwards in your mind, ha...my wrists get a little messed up on these too, I'm thinking about trying them behind the neck, not sure yet.

Thrawn
06-03-08, 3:07 pm
Absolutely, if you ever get the chance to use free weight and use a square stance you've gotta lean back just enough to catch the bar on your chest while having the fear of falling backwards in your mind, ha...my wrists get a little messed up on these too, I'm thinking about trying them behind the neck, not sure yet.

As soon as i get more confident with them i am gonna try them free weight with a bigass barbell. I will have to put on the little pies, but hey. Weight is weight. About the wrists: have you tried them on an EZ-bar? It helped with my wrist when i had a tendon inflamation. Just a suggestion.
Big Mariusz Pudzianowski does them behind the neck. I have this great video of him doing a 200kg (400+ lbs) pushpress cleanly AFTER normal sets...

NickSP
06-03-08, 10:32 pm
box squat, it's a little high, probably not even quite parallel...there's nothing low enough so I'll have to start using...gasp...free squats when I wanna go low
275x3 2 sets
295x1
315x1
335x1 drop: free squats 225x8

GM
225x5 3 sets

seated calves
4 plates x12 4 sets, last set drop: 3 pies x10 double drop: 2 pies x10
that got em hurting

bb forearm curls
90x12
120x9 2 sets

db forearm curls, resting on knee
30x9 3 sets

need2getBIG
06-04-08, 1:56 pm
nice workout brother good numbers on squat!

Thrawn
06-04-08, 4:16 pm
Free squats rule, NickSP =) You post some good numbers on box squats, so you shouldnt do too bad on them. Just do them and do them deeeeep. That will fry those wheels.

NickSP
06-05-08, 9:20 pm
flat bar
185x5
250x2 +1 forced
225x4
205x7, 5, 4 last set drop: 135x9 with negative reps

incline DB bench - speed
50x5 3 sets

incline flyes
50x8, 8, 6

rev pec deck
120x10
130x6
110x11

10 push ups, immediately 10 incline push ups (feet elevated, not hands)...15 seconds later went for 1-handed, oddly enough I got one with my bad side, failed on two, and then couldn't get one with my dominant side

mcbeast
06-05-08, 11:54 pm
Nice benchin bro,kill it for us guys who cant bench!!

cant wait to see your #'s on free atg squats,youd be suprised how your #'s will go up..

NickSP
06-06-08, 10:37 pm
Why can't you bench, injury?

deads
365x2
405x1
435x1
315x3 x3 sets, about 1 minute rest in between

BB rows - super: hammer strength pulldowns (isolateral)
205x6 - 135/side x 10
185x10 - 135x7
185x9 - 115x8

DB curls
45x8
45x6
40x6

wrist roller x2 no rest in between since there was only 5 lbs on there

mcbeast
06-07-08, 12:05 am
Very nice deadliftin there,and not a Doctor given injury.At the going rate i know i was going to hurt something tho,my left shoulders been on/off pain for almost 4-5 months.One workout i could throw up 90'sx10 another itd hurt with 50's.Ive always benched with solid form,i can say i hit 315 on it,and walk away from it.I cant risk injury now before basic,so i switched to HS.

(think i screwed it up doing btn pushpress with 225x10-15 all the time

Thrawn
06-08-08, 5:26 am
Short and to the point. GREAT way to approach back day.

need2getBIG
06-08-08, 10:40 am
nice pullin there

badrock
06-08-08, 2:23 pm
strong deads

NickSP
06-08-08, 5:37 pm
rack bench...hardly
245x2
225x3
215x3
205x4 took out the pins and switched to regular close-grip bench for a dropset: 155x9

cleans - push presses
155x4 x3 sets

DB overhead presses
55x12 drop: 50x6 double drop: 40x5

raining piss, I have nothing but a tshirt and shorts, it's under an hour before the gym closes and I'm not even quite there yet. This is what makes for fun workouts.
Those rack presses were barely a limited range of motion, on the second set my ass came off the bench a bit and I noticed the bar was actually touching my shirt. That pin brought the bar to within an inch of full ROM, so I'll have to go back up one pin from now on. Maybe I'll just mix in some normal close-grip benching too. I have a GREAT respect for olympic lifters...I had 45 mins to work so I had to do my cleans and presses together and it was even harder than I thought...my workout today was what I call low-weight low-reps. Came down deep and fairly wide for the db presses and stopping short of lockout, but by the last dropset I was fried and had to take that quick pause at lockout for each rep. Shoulders should be shot tomorrow

NickSP
06-08-08, 5:47 pm
Short and to the point. GREAT way to approach back day.

nice pullin there

strong deads

Thanks guys, there's still a shitload of work to be done before I can hang with the big boys.

need2getBIG
06-08-08, 7:28 pm
nice numbers brother,rushing a work out is fun

NickSP
06-09-08, 10:28 pm
some leg extensions

squats
275x3
315x1
325x1
275x3
275x3 dropset: 225x5

lying leg curls - superset: pullthroughs
140x10 - 120x10
140x9 - 120x10
140x7 - 120x8

standing calves
400x12 x3 sets

10 min on bike

my squat sucks. Speed work next week, and then some full negative reps the next. Will go up to a 1 rep set for bench too, then speed work for that unless I feel I can still go heavier.

mcbeast
06-09-08, 10:30 pm
Nice work hittin 315.atg right?

Pile on some more plates!

NickSP
06-11-08, 9:16 pm
bench
205x4
265x0 I know my ass came off the bench and I have no idea if he nudged it at all, so as far as I'm concerned I haven't hit it
225x3
205x5, 4

DB incline bench - speed
50x5 x3 sets, speed's getting better

incline flyes
55x6 x2 sets
50x7

rev pec deck
130x7
110x10
100x12

BB wrist curls 3 sets 10-12
DB rev wrist curls 35x12, 10

mcbeast
06-11-08, 9:18 pm
Keepin' on your grind bro..good work.

How much you weigh?

Thrawn
06-12-08, 4:10 am
Good call, NickSP. Its always good to be really honest to yourself about your own technique and progress. Better call it a miss now and nail that bastard for sure next time. You got that one, brother!

NickSP
06-13-08, 7:21 pm
weigh about 180 today

deads
365x2
405x1
speed pulls
275x4, 3, 3, 2

DB rows
85x12
90x10, 9 dropset: 70x8

pullups

held 185 twice

hammer curls
3x5-8

wrist roller 10 x2 sets

strength wasn't there today so I dropped to speed reps and I feel like they were much more productive

Thrawn
06-14-08, 8:49 am
Sorry to hear it just wasnt there today. We all have that from time to time. I always let go of the heavy stuff then and go for more reps/higher speed. Works for me all the time. I regard the training as a recuperation set then.

NickSP
06-14-08, 6:51 pm
went to gold's north haven and no one else showed up, oh well

CG bench
185x8
205x5
225x2 +1 forced
235x1 +1 forced
185x8

push presses
135x5
155x5, 5, 4

cleans
135x a few
155x3
185 for 3 singles

Pizzalamp
06-16-08, 12:31 pm
went to gold's north haven and no one else showed up, oh well

CG bench
185x8
205x5
225x2 +1 forced
235x1 +1 forced
185x8

push presses
135x5
155x5, 5, 4

cleans
135x a few
155x3
185 for 3 singles
damn that sux...too bad...looking forward to the abc in july

NickSP
06-19-08, 9:28 pm
Same here Grant...

speed bench
135x5
155x4, 5, 3
135x5

DB bench
75x10
85x9
95x6

incline flyes
40x12 x3 sets

reverse pec deck
110x8
120x6
130x6

hammer strength dips
2 plates x55..I think

Pizzalamp
06-21-08, 12:08 am
Same here Grant...

speed bench
135x5
155x4, 5, 3
135x5

DB bench
75x10
85x9
95x6

incline flyes
40x12 x3 sets

reverse pec deck
110x8
120x6
130x6

hammer strength dips
2 plates x55..I think
should be fun for sure...was that sushi good at gourmet? i might want to try some

nice job nick...workout looking solid

Thrawn
06-21-08, 5:35 am
HS dips, 2pl for 55 reps AFTER that workout?? *tips his Animal Cap to NickSP* Good shit, brother!

NickSP
06-23-08, 6:24 pm
I liked it, but I like most things that are edible, and I like sushi to begin with.

Thanks Thrawn, my endurance has never been that great so I gotta start throwing in more sets like that

rack presses - high pin
215x6, 4
205x5, 5

push presses
155x5
185x3
195x2

cleans
155x3
185x1
205x1

skullcrushers
65x12
85x9
105x6

immediately hit a set of 13 dips

Thrawn
06-24-08, 4:16 am
Impressive workout, NickSP. I like this journey. Straight to the point routines.

NickSP
06-24-08, 8:03 pm
squats
2 speed sets 225x4, weren't that great but I'm gonna stick with 225 til I throw it up nicely

with slow negatives:
275x3 x2 sets
245x5
normal dropset: 135x12

GM
185x10 x2 sets
185x7 then rested 10 seconds, still holding the weight, and hit one more until I got to 10

standing calves
420x11 x3 sets

Thrawn
06-25-08, 4:07 am
Grinder of a workout! Negatives and paused GM untill 10 reps! Take took balls, NickSP! Respect for that workout!

NickSP
06-25-08, 9:08 pm
bench
185x4
205x7
195x5
185x6 , 6, 5

DB incline bench - speed
50x5 x3 sets

incline flyes
55x6
50x6
45x9

jumped on the pec deck for a quick set of 12

reverse pec deck
120x8
130x6
90x18

hammer strength seated dips
2 pies x80. Assuming I counted right both weeks...then shit, talk about beating the previous week.

about 10 minutes jump rope, just to start getting back into it.

mcbeast
06-25-08, 10:26 pm
good shit dude

Thrawn
06-26-08, 4:06 am
Great workout, NickSP! You really got the hang of them Hammer Strength seated dips =)

NickSP
08-18-08, 8:05 pm
If anyone's left to care, I'm back. I haven't been on as much and it's been awhile, Wides' post on journeys reminded me I need to get back here. I'm in a rut and my numbers are down so I could use any help I can gather up. Diet's been shitty over the summer and I just got back from vacation last week, but I'm starting to get back on track today.

My powerlifting has come to an end and I'm back to my more bodybuilding oriented agenda...however rest assured I'm still sticking to the heavy basics and still plan on banging out 315, 405, and 495 for my bench, squat and deads. Nice and simple, heavy and hard.
I'll be checking up more on other's journeys as well.

Maharg
08-18-08, 8:12 pm
Hows it going bro?

Thrawn
08-19-08, 4:38 am
Glad you are back, brother. Do not panic or sweat about the rough patches. We ALL hit them. It sucks, but its part of the game. It WILL test your resolve and let you know what you are really made of. You either get through them or you quit. That last one is NOT an option and you know it.
i hit a rough patch few weeks ago myself and got frustrated to the bone. It made me reconsider everything i was doing. I persevered, even if i did not have much fun in the gym, and now i am fully back on track.

Keep at it, brother, and lets see this more bodybuilding orientated part of your journey!!

NickSP
08-20-08, 8:04 pm
DB bench
85x8
100x3
85x8

incline flyes
45x10 x3 sets
40x10

cable crosses
50x16, 12, 12

preacher curls
65x10
85x7
75x6
65x7

DB curls
40x8
35x11 x2 sets

crucifix curls - 3 sets, 10 reps and under

forearm work with DB's

I'm trying to bring my arms up, and I've always stuck to pretty low volume so I'm just kicking it up a bit...my wrists don't really tolerate much of any bar work; preachers are basically the best I've got, everything else has to be unilateral work.

mcbeast
08-20-08, 8:11 pm
Nice work with the 100's.I too had a problem with my wrists and barbell curls.Once i got back into em i was curlin huge prs's!

Do you use wrist wraps? They seem to help alot

NickSP
08-22-08, 7:26 pm
deads
315x5
335x3 x2 sets
315x4
haven't hit em in a while, especially conventional so I'm sure these will go back up quickly, same with my shrugs

bb rows
155x10
185x8, 7

pullups
13, 8, 8

BB shrugs
315x12 x2 sets
335x10

DB shrugs
100x15
130x12
150x10

mcbeast
08-22-08, 7:32 pm
Good work,lotta pullups too

Thrawn
08-24-08, 10:25 am
Ah... putting in the work again! You will be back into form quickly, brother!!!

need2getBIG
08-24-08, 10:42 am
nice work bro!

Themostocles
08-25-08, 2:23 am
Those are some heavy ass DB shrugs man. Strong work in here. I hope you don't mind me stumbling into your journey lol. I'll be lurking about. -T.

NickSP
08-26-08, 1:12 am
thanks guys, I should be back at a respectable level soon, especially once I get back to school this weekend with my unlimited meal plan.

Nice work with the 100's.I too had a problem with my wrists and barbell curls.Once i got back into em i was curlin huge prs's!

Do you use wrist wraps? They seem to help alot

I've got em, but I may still focus on DB's, I'll throw em on this week though.

seated military
155x7, 5
135x6, 5

seated side laterals
35x10, 9, 8

rear laterals
45x9
40x9, 8

reverse pec deck
120x8
100x12
90x16

CG bench
205x6
185x6, 5
175x5

pushdowns (straight bar, narrow grip)
110x21
130x15
150x11, 9 (not much of a stack, that was the max)

dips

current split (obviously I'm off schedule this week)

M legs
T OFF
W chest/bis
Th OFF
F back
S shoulders/tris
Su OFF

supps
Pak/Flex/Omega
4-5 g creatine mono preworkout
EAA Nitro postworkout
Milk&Egg protein whenever, usually one a day

Themostocles
08-26-08, 1:26 am
That is some strong pressing. Good looking w/o. -T.

NickSP
08-27-08, 7:15 pm
squats
225x8
245x7
255x6
135x20

v-squat (real narrow stance)
1 plate/side x 14, 13, 12, 12

lying leg curls
150x9
160(stack)x6
120x10
110x9
100x9

standing calves
460x12
500(stack)x9
480x9

seated calves
2 plates x25, 20, 20

barbell wrist curls
135x12, 11, 9, 9

Pizzalamp
08-27-08, 10:08 pm
your split looks good nick

enjoy the meal plan at school
at sacred heart we had a transexual working in the dining hall and he/she made the best steak cheese grinders ever-i loved my meal plan

NickSP
08-28-08, 8:13 pm
DB flat bench
95x6
90x5
85x6

incline flyes
50x9, 8, 7
45x8

cable crosses
60x12, 11
50x12 immediately 20 push ups

BB curls
95x8, 8, 6

preacher curls
75x7, 6, 5
65x7

concentration curls
45x11
50x8, 8

DB forearm work

Thrawn
08-29-08, 4:22 am
Wow, impressive db flyes and preacher curls. STRONG, brother! Nice straight to the point workout.

machineman
08-29-08, 4:46 am
nice, bro....keep it going

NickSP
08-29-08, 8:01 pm
SLDL
315x4 well so much for the heavy part, this was so weak I just ripped off a plate and hit some reps
225x12 x3 sets

BB row
195x8, 7
185x8

pullups
12, 8, 8

BB shrugs
365x10, 9, 8

DB incline shrugs
100x12 x3 sets

with the exception of deads, it wasn't that bad a workout considering I did biceps yesterday...I didn't realize I'd be doing back after bis til it was too late.

will be hitting a fourth workout day in a row tomorrow for a second shoulder/tri day this week, so I'll have to bump it down a bit and do reps, and probably some supersetting. After this weekend I'll be back up at school so who knows how my numbers will compare. I like being home more, but I just got a can of Mstak from the reign of animal promo, so that plus my meal plan should be interesting...as well as having a bike which'll cut down my tedious travel to the campus gym by a lot.

NickSP
08-29-08, 8:04 pm
Wow, impressive db flyes and preacher curls. STRONG, brother! Nice straight to the point workout.

Thanks Thrawn, no palms-in pressing here, coming down wide with solid form. And yeah, the basics are where it's at.

NickSP
08-30-08, 5:46 pm
smith military
135x12
185x4
155x11
135x12
only done these a couple times, as a matter of fact that and using it for pullups are the only times I use a smith. But I know a lot of guys do these, I wanted to give it a shot... I think I found a way of doing it that I like today, plus trained pain-free.

rear laterals - superset: seated side laterals
35x12 - 30x12
35x12 - 25x12
35x12 - 25x12

reverse pec deck
100x15
90x15
90x14

CG bench
175x12
155x12
155x9
135x11

narrow pushdowns - superset: dips
150(stack)x13 - 7
130x12 - 6
110x14 - 6
100x19

Pizzalamp
08-30-08, 6:01 pm
good to hear u found a pain free way

solid job nick

NickSP
09-03-08, 8:06 pm
preWO: serving EAA Stack, 4.5 g monohydrate
postWO: EAA Nitro, for the first time in a long time I actually had cold water with this, sooo good

narrow squats
225x9
255x10
245x8
225x8

lunges - something I've never really done much of, but I hate the school's leg press
115x10?, 8, 6, 6

lying leg curls
150x7
140x7
130x8
120x9
110x8

standing calves
320x10
260x12
250x12
240x12
230x11

life lesson number one, if you can avoid it, find a way around biking uphill after a leg workout

lesson number two, if you find yourself in scenario 1 anyway, pack light.
The whole bike thing still isn't gonna help all that much, just cut time out. Man I'm out of shape.

diet thus far

-scrambled eggs/ whole wheat pasta with meat sauce/ piece of cornbread...Pak/Omega
-beef teriyaki/whole wheat pasta with meat sauce/corn and tomato/banana
-2 pieces grilled chicken with bbq sauce/whole wheat pasta with meat sauce/corn and tomato
-2 pieces "salmon miso"/oven roasted red potatoes/carrots

Pizzalamp
09-04-08, 12:02 am
i like your diet nick
and your workout looked strong

lol on the life lessons

Thrawn
09-04-08, 3:32 am
Awesome wheel workout, NickSP =) I know how you feel about the bicycle =)) I always dread the way home after legday...

NickSP
09-04-08, 6:17 pm
Yeah, this bike thing is not working out too well.

DB flat bench
90x11
95x5
85x7

inc flyes
50x9, 8
40x12
45x9

pec deck
110x6 shitty reps
70x10
60x11, 11

BB curls
85x11
95x7, 5

it's obnoxiously fucking crowded in the gym this week for some reason. I couldn't get my fucking workout done cause all the dumbbells up to like 45 are always gone, lord knows all the cables are in use and I ain't gonna find my way to the preacher curl any time soon. When I actually found something to use the cable was broken. It's like it's friggin new year's. Plus the ride home ain't great cause the bike doesn't really make things much easier.

ready to crack some skulls,
NickSP

Thrawn
09-05-08, 3:15 am
Crowded gyms SUCK. Period. I do not mind having to wait once in a while, but when you can walk on the heads, or there is a queue at every fucking station, i feel more like going home again.
Appears you got at least some good work done, Nick. Better luck next time!!

NickSP
09-05-08, 7:48 pm
Guess it was better luck, wasn't as bad today.

BB rows
195x10, 9, 7, 7

pull ups

underhand pulldowns
160x11
170x8
170x7

DB pullovers
50x 13-15 x3 sets

BB shrugs
335x12
365x8
385x6

DB incline shrugs
105x11, 10, 9

no deads cause my whole lower body is sore, plan on hitting shoulders/tris heavy tomorrow. That is all.

Thrawn
09-06-08, 5:51 am
Monster shrugs!!! You must have traps the size of a mountain range.
Good work, Nick! Training hard AND smart.

NickSP
09-06-08, 6:38 pm
Thanks T, they're not bad but nowhere near where I'd like them to be.

smith overhead press
135x10
155x4
135x8
135x6

seated side laterals
35x9
40x7
35x8

rear laterals
50x8
55x6 x2 sets

then I went and performed 3 miserable sets of high-pulley rear laterals. I don't plan on doing these again...

CG bench
185x8
205x4
225x2 +1 forced
185x6

narrow pushdowns
150x12
180x7
190x4
160x6-7?

EZ-curl skullcrushers
65x11
65x8
75x6 immediately hit some presses

Thrawn
09-07-08, 2:44 pm
Excellent workout, brother! That will get them shoulders and triceps to swell up =))

NickSP
09-08-08, 9:03 pm
Sick of carrying a logbook, and getting sweat all over it, so no more writing

Narrow squats x4
275x6
315x3
then dropped to 225 for the last two sets, around 7-8 reps

lunges x4
115x 6-10 per

lying leg curls
2 double drop sets: 130-100-70
130-100-60
6-11 per

1 high-rep (18 I think) set standing unilateral curls

standing calves x4
200x 12-22 per

NickSP
09-10-08, 7:41 pm
DB bench
100x7 definitely PR, clean set too...no half reps here
85x7
70x11

incline flyes
55x8
50x7-8 x2 sets
40x12

cable crosses x3 sets
50-60 x11-15

BB curls x4 sets
85x6-10

DB curls x3 sets
40-35x7-10

cable curls x3 sets
90x10-15

Thrawn
09-11-08, 4:05 am
Big workout, brother! 100's for db bench is SICK =))

NickSP
09-12-08, 7:47 pm
deads
315x4-5
335x1
365x1
385x1

BB rows
205x8 x2 sets
155x15

pullups
6 - jumped up for 3 negative reps

DB pullovers x3 sets
50-45 x13-16

BB shrugs
405x7 x3 sets

incline DB shrugs x3 sets
95x12-15

deads weren't anything special, but I've only had a couple good sessions in like 2 months or so...that's why I just wanted to get heavy for a set or two today. Rows felt comfortable including grip, BB shrugs weren't quite the ROM I wanted, but I'm back up with the weight. Just about everything is back up to par except my deads which I'm not worried about.

Got my tub of Intra-Aid yesterday and will start it tomorrow...after the tub I'll compare it to taking EAA Nitro during my workout. My strength tends to drop off a shitload after my heaviest set of an exercise so I'm pretty pumped about testing with intraWO supplementation. Also got a can of M-Stak waiting to be opened. That is all.

Pizzalamp
09-12-08, 10:00 pm
good heavy day nick

impressive shrugs and i wanna try the incline shrugs sometime

youre gonna like the intra aid

Roland
09-12-08, 10:22 pm
Looking strong bro, I can't wait for some intra-aid!

NickSP
09-12-08, 11:03 pm
good heavy day nick

impressive shrugs and i wanna try the incline shrugs sometime

youre gonna like the intra aid

They definitely hit em in a different way, I've never done much for traps beyond standing BB.
I'm looking forward to seeing how they tweaked the taste after the testing.

I've never been much of a believer of "emphasizing different heads" of a muscle so I'm testing different techniques to see if anything develops differently....such as hitting curls or pushdowns with narrow grips to "hit the outside head" and narrow squats for the sweep, and these to see if my lower traps will actually develop differently.

NickSP
09-13-08, 5:31 pm
smith military
155x5
145x6
135x8
135x6

seated side laterals
35x11, 9, 9

rear laterals
60x7
55x8
50x8

reverse pec deck x3 sets
80-100x11-15

close-grip bench
225x3 +1 forced
210x4
195x4
135x20

straight bar pushdowns, narrow grip
190x7
160x10
140x12 x2 sets

EZ curl skullcrushers, with slow negatives
65x8, 6, 6 - immediately into presses

the IA is still really light with kind of a "milky" or "creamy" taste like it had before...but I do think they may have adjusted the strength of the flavor just a bit. The stuff is good.

Pizzalamp
09-14-08, 1:13 pm
They definitely hit em in a different way, I've never done much for traps beyond standing BB.
I'm looking forward to seeing how they tweaked the taste after the testing.

I've never been much of a believer of "emphasizing different heads" of a muscle so I'm testing different techniques to see if anything develops differently....such as hitting curls or pushdowns with narrow grips to "hit the outside head" and narrow squats for the sweep, and these to see if my lower traps will actually develop differently.
tatsted like a blue airhead and kinda milky
im gonna try the shrugs today...

smith military
155x5
145x6
135x8
135x6

seated side laterals
35x11, 9, 9

rear laterals
60x7
55x8
50x8

reverse pec deck x3 sets
80-100x11-15

close-grip bench
225x3 +1 forced
210x4
195x4
135x20

straight bar pushdowns, narrow grip
190x7
160x10
140x12 x2 sets

EZ curl skullcrushers, with slow negatives
65x8, 6, 6 - immediately into presses

the IA is still really light with kind of a "milky" or "creamy" taste like it had before...but I do think they may have adjusted the strength of the flavor just a bit. The stuff is good.
nice workout nick...strong close grip bench

Thrawn
09-15-08, 4:07 am
Strong workouts, brother!
I know pully's vary from gym to gym, but straight bar pushdowns in narrow grip with 190lbs...daayyyuuum.

NickSP
09-15-08, 8:07 pm
squats
315x4
325x2
275x5
245x7

lunges x4 sets
115x6-10
30 bodyweight squats right after last set

lying leg curls
150x9
140x7 x2 sets
120x9
120x8

calves x5 sets
250x9-11

Thrawn
09-16-08, 5:28 am
That is how you smoke them wheels! Love that bodyweight squats after the lunges =) GREAT idea to burn the last bit of juice from them. Outstanding workout, Nick!

NickSP
09-19-08, 9:02 pm
Thanks T

deads
335x5
365x2
395x1
315x4

bb rows
210x7 x2 sets
195x8
195x7

pull ups
25x7 x2 sets
bodyweight x10

DB pullovers x3 sets
50x12-15

BB shrugs
405x10
405x8
315x16

incline DB shrugs
110x12, 11, 10

DB curls x3 sets
35-40 x6-12

crucifix curls x3 sets
50-60 x8-15

jer
09-20-08, 10:17 am
Solid and simple back workout Nick.

How's it going?

Pizzalamp
09-20-08, 11:01 am
good workout nick

Thrawn
09-24-08, 1:35 pm
Excellent work, brother!

machineman
09-24-08, 8:05 pm
nice workout, Nick....

NickSP
09-26-08, 8:59 pm
deads
315x4
335x4
365x2
315x4

bb rows
215x6 RP x4 RP x3
185x6-10 x3 sets

pulldowns
150x12
190x9
200x8

DB pullovers
50x12-15 x3 sets

BB shrugs
405x10
365x10
315x13

DB incline shrugs
115x8ish drop: 95x10ish drop: 85x12 drop: 75x12

seated DB curls - superset: crucifix curls x3 sets
30-35x7-10 : 40-50x10-13

most numbers are approximate. Don't know how many follow the pros, but I'm pumped as hell for the O. webcast for prejudging starts in like a half hour I think

need2getBIG
09-27-08, 11:00 am
nice bro! good luck man

Young&Hungry
09-27-08, 11:27 am
Nice back session brother, seems like you hit all the bases nicely. Deads look like they've improved quite a bit. Haven't stopped by in forever, how's the training going? Are you still the Connecticut ABC's skinniest bastard or what? Hahahaha

NickSP
09-27-08, 8:12 pm
DB overhead press
70x8
75x5
60x8
55x9

upright rows
95x10
115x8
135x6
135x5 drop: 95x8

rear laterals superset: reverse pec deck
50x8 - 80x12
50x7 - 80x10
50x7 - 70x13

CG bench
185x6
don't know why this was so weak, but these have been my mass builder for a long time so I figured it was time to switch back to dips

+45x7
+25x7
bodyweight x14

straight bar pushdowns - narrow grip
180x6 RP x2 RP x1
130-150x8-11 x3 sets

EZ-curl skullcrushers 3 sets
65x6-10
last set was 6, then single RP for 2-3 more

NickSP
09-29-08, 7:20 pm
squats
225x8
315x3
225x10
225x8

leg ext
130x15
130x12
130x10 drop: 100x8 drop: 70x9

standing calves
270x12
300x7, 7, 6

little triset I used to do via my wrestling coach
bodyweight calf raises
toes pointed straight x12 - toes out x12 - toes in x12

lying leg curls
150x9
160x6
120x12

lying single leg curls
50x8, 7, 6

standing BB forearm curls x4 sets, higher reps

NickSP
09-29-08, 7:27 pm
Thanks for all the support guys, just trying to bring myself to do all my school work while continuing with training and watching the tv I now have in my room, something I've never really done much of. Could still be the "lightest" Carlos, bouncing around between 180-84... but my numbers are just about back up to par, with the exception of deads.

Thrawn
09-30-08, 6:54 am
Good work, Nick. Outstanding.

Pizzalamp
09-30-08, 9:33 am
youre moving some heavy weight on the upright rows nick

NickSP
10-03-08, 7:14 pm
SLDL
275x12, 12, 11, 8

pullups

seated cable rows - close grip (double v bar, whatever you wanna call it, the attachment you would use for makeshift t bar rows in the corner) 3 sets
170-180 x 9-12

DB pullovers x3 sets
45x12-15

BB shrugs x3 sets
315x15

incline DB shrugs
115x12, 10, 9

hammer curls x3
50x8-10

cable curls x3
100-120x 10-12

jer
10-03-08, 7:17 pm
Looks solid Nick.

SLDL's with 275 for high reps must have fried those hammies.

NickSP
10-03-08, 7:30 pm
Looks solid Nick.

SLDL's with 275 for high reps must have fried the lower back.

fixed haha stiff as hell today, I had to sit down for a couple minutes before going on

I remember my best was hitting 315 for 12 back at one of the ABCs though, so my deads still got a while to go.

Pizzalamp
10-03-08, 10:09 pm
SLDL
275x12, 12, 11, 8

pullups

seated cable rows - close grip (double v bar, whatever you wanna call it, the attachment you would use for makeshift t bar rows in the corner) 3 sets
170-180 x 9-12

DB pullovers x3 sets
45x12-15

BB shrugs x3 sets
315x15

incline DB shrugs
115x12, 10, 9

hammer curls x3
50x8-10

cable curls x3
100-120x 10-12
nice job nick
u got me hooked on those incline shrugs

Thrawn
10-04-08, 3:42 am
Looks solid Nick.

SLDL's with 275 for high reps must have fried those hammies.

X2! That is a LOT of weight for SLDL =) Damn!

NickSP
10-04-08, 7:08 pm
BB bench
185x6
205x4
225x2 +1 forced
185x6 RP x2 RP x2 - all reps for this set and the RP's had slow negatives

DB incline bench
75x11
70x10
65x8
60x7

pec deck x3
70-90x8-9 - immediately set of 19 incline push ups after my last set

close grip pushdowns (angled kind of bar)
170x8
130-150x8-11 x3 sets

overhead rope ext (leaning forward) x4 sets
90-110x 7-9 ish I guess

DB overhead ext - 1 arm
20-25x6-9
I don't even know really, after my benching I'm not that sure of my numbers.

My fat ass actually found its way to the treadmill today. Nothing serious, 20 min walking with a little bit of incline. Jer my hamstrings never feel it DURING my stiff leg deads, but man they feel it today

To be honest I don't know if I'm gonna be continuing Intra-aid after this bottle. If I'm gonna spend that much money I'll put it towards the occassional Pump or Mstak where I can blatantly see the difference in my workouts. Also I know I promised I'd compare IA vs. EAA Nitro intraWO which means I should keep other variable constant, but I don't wanna keep waiting to open this can of mstak when it's just sitting there...may start it up next week.

NickSP
10-04-08, 7:10 pm
nice job nick
u got me hooked on those incline shrugs
Yeah, only so long you can bounce back and forth between BB and DB, gotta do something different. I didn't get much done for BB shrugs yesterday but my traps are fucked right now, so I'll attribute that to a pretty good DB workout.

X2! That is a LOT of weight for SLDL =) Damn!

Thanks, but like I said they're far from improved.

NickSP
10-05-08, 6:42 pm
standing BB military, my triceps are fuckin FRIED today so I didn't get much out of these
135x10, 8
115x8, 6

rear laterals superset: reverse pec deck
60x7 - 80x15
55x7 - 80x12
50x7 - 80x9

upright rows
135x8or 9
115x12, 10
95x12 right into standing side laterals 25x12

4 sets abs, nothing fancy some crunches and hanging leg raises

well, at least it wasn't an anti-productive day, not what I would call good though. Definitely gonna get m-stak goin tomorrow, and maybe start throwing in a couple small cardio sessions a week to see if it helps enable me to eat a little more (and the other reasons for cardio of course)
As far as supps go, I've been doin
Pak/Omega/Jointment (the UN brand - cheaper than Flex and I'm just as pain free)
protein is Ultra iso whey usually just one shake per day
preWO a few grams of mono and EAA Stack...IMO I don't feel I've been getting much out of preWO
1 scoop IA during
1 scoop EAA Nitro post
Once I run out of a bunch of these I'm cutting back on supps overall. Pak/Omega/Jointment will stay of course as well as protein, but I'm thinking half the time preWO will just be like Nitro or something, and I'll just alternate for a single can of Pump or Mstak when need be. So a lot of the time I won't even have creatine. PWO might stay EAA Nitro, or honestly I might just do whey.
That is all.

NickSP
10-06-08, 7:01 pm
squats
315x4
335x1
275x5 - with slow negatives
245x6 - with slow negatives

leg ext
170, 2 sets around 8-11
160x9?
150x12 drop: 100x8

lying leg curls
160x10
170x5 shitty reps
130x11 RP x5

lying single leg curls
60x10, 8, 7

standing calves - just light work, they were pretty sore for some reason
240x12 x3 sets

forearm work with the bar, 6 total sets

I really think my memory gets worse with every workout, but I refuse to write everything down. legit day, abs are sore as fuck and tris are still pretty fried. Don't know why my calves weren't 100%. No idea how accurate the reading was, but scale said somewhere around 190. for the record I do always weigh with my gym clothes on cause the scale is right in the gym.

I try not to think too much about what others do, but there's this kid I see a lot...really lean but can't be more than 130-140, probably towards the lower end of that and today was honestly the third day in a ROW I saw him working tris. I just don't get it?

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go prepare for an incredibly stressful day tomorrow via academics...

Pizzalamp
10-06-08, 9:27 pm
good stuff nick...u sound like u earned your rest

hmm that is weird w/ the kid haha

NickSP
10-08-08, 9:06 pm
interesting day, had a rough time. I had to make up for missing a workout last week so I did chest on sunday too, and I didn't wanna do the same workout twice within 3-4 days. So I went and started with incline. This is a weak move for me to begin with, I never really do it. And the angle here is so high it's ridiculous, and it just feels awkward so that didn't go too well.

155x10
185x3 +1 forced
135 for like 12 or so

so left that and went over to BB flat, and figured if I wasn't gonna get any good sets in I might as well at least do a lot. Sorry Jer, dissappointing workout to the yates school of hardcore.

135x12
185x8 drop: 135x7-8
135x16

DB flat
75x7
65 similar, maybe 8
then snagged the 50's and hit some fast positives not quite locking out and right down into slow negatives, 11 reps and another negative of course

incline flyes, wasn't even gonna try to go heavy so just got like 35's and hit continuous textbook form, only 2 sets I think, 15 then 12

padded pec deck or whatever, where you bring your elbows up to perpendicular, but then I tried just putting my arms out in front of me in bear hug position and I felt it better
3 sets light weight, pretty much all at about 12 reps or so, maybe more

still wasn't done
3 sets cable crosses starting with 30 for 35 reps...and then 40 for two sets moderate-high reps

hammer curls x3 sets, clean form
40 for pretty high reps, wasn't counting

finished with a bunch of sets of cable curls, I think every set was at least 12 reps. double drop on the last one 90-70-50...huffing and puffing my way to 12 reps with 50 was "cute"

20 min walking

I've got it in my mind this was a garbage workout, but I've gotta admit my chest and bis were pumped like they haven't been in a long time, even my forearms were screaming after all the curls

don't know how but the scale said 190 again, I've been eating good but I wasn't even consistent at 184 last week, maybe I'm absorbing water weight from the air?

I'm beat and need to go eat a lot of food,
NickSP

Pizzalamp
10-08-08, 9:12 pm
all right nick-hope things go smoother for ya in getting the kinks worked out of the high intensity stuff-still sounded like u put in some work though...maybe u just gotta get used to the program...rest up my friend-i am looking forward to abc on 18th

Thrawn
10-09-08, 8:40 am
However you felt about it, you got some solid work done, brother! Sometimes it just does not feel right. It happens.
Keep it up, Nick!

NickSP
10-10-08, 9:39 pm
deads
365x1
405x1 without "too much" trouble
425x1 ok this was hard
315x4
It wasn't that I was feeling really strong today, but I've told myself the past couple days I HAVE to get back to pulling over 4 plates so I went right for it after feeling out 365

pulldownws
180x12
200x8
200x6 drop: 150x8

close-grip cable rows
200x7 RP x5 RP x4
180 used to be pretty damn heavy but today I hit 200 with damn good form...probably Dorian Yates approved.

DB pullovers x3 sets
50x13-15

BB shrugs
405x12 RP x6 RP x4/5

crucifix curls
60x12
70x12
80x7/8

The pulldowns were a big difference too, 180 was a legit working set before but today the 200 was pretty comfortable until the last two reps or so. And it's about damn time I got the right to go beyond 405 on shrugs and I'd say I've got it. Even the curls, man what a difference. 70 for 12 wasn't bad and that's been really heavy for me recently, I was pleased to put the pins at 80. Don't know what it was...maybe my body loves brown rice cause I've been eating UNTOLD AMOUNTS of it this year...maybe mstak is kicking in, maybe switching to a quality protein like ultra iso whey is doing the trick, I've been using it a lot.

Wanted to do 20 min cardio but completely forgot until I was outside the building

Any foreigners in here? I've gotta ask...what is a 22kg plate? I think it might only be 44, which means I'm cheating myself on a couple exercises, but I know that in technical terms a kg is 2.2 lbs which would actually make it more.

Pizzalamp
10-10-08, 10:02 pm
nice workout nick!!!

NickSP
10-11-08, 5:17 pm
DB overhead press
70x7 failed 8
75x5 failed 6
60x8
50x10 drop: 40x4

reverse pec deck
100x12
110x7
90x15

cable side laterals
50x8 RP x5 RP x4

giant set: rear laterals - side - front
30x12 - 7 - 7
30x10 - 7 - 7
(rear laterals were bent over on a bench, other two were standing)
man what a bitch these were

close grip pushdowns
190x3 drop: 120x12
150x10
150x9 RP x4

one arm overhead extensions - DB x3 sets
25-30x6-8

dips

3 sets x 30 crunches

couple sets serratus punch on a flat bench

20 min walking

Pizzalamp
10-11-08, 11:27 pm
good giant set...

NickSP
10-13-08, 4:07 pm
squats kinda narrow, about as deep as it gets...no lock-out for the most part, just pumping em out for time under tension
135x15
225x11
245x9
245x7 RP x3

leg ext
170x10
160x9
130x15

lying leg curls
170x7
150x9
130x11

lying single leg curls
60x6 RP x4 RP x3

standing calves
320x11
320x9
250x13

Mr. Aestheticz
10-13-08, 4:09 pm
I had no idea you had a journey!

I am trying to play catch up but I am with you the rest of the way!

WAIT....VOLUME...WHERE THE HELL IS THE VOLUME????

LMAO!!!

NickSP
10-13-08, 4:30 pm

LMAO!!!

...about that, well ya see I was just uh...there was this thing, um...yeah

well I tried somewhat high volume for a little while, but I was following jerami's journey and I just had to drop it back down. He made me do it...

jer
10-13-08, 6:08 pm
...about that, well ya see I was just uh...there was this thing, um...yeah

well I tried somewhat high volume for a little while, but I was following jerami's journey and I just had to drop it back down. He made me do it...

That's what I'm talking about. After all the title of the journey is Heavy and Hard for Strength and Size. I don't see shit about volume in there.

Come on over to the H.I.T. side.

Pizzalamp
10-13-08, 6:20 pm
nick stay at the moderate volume side!!

NickSP
10-13-08, 6:26 pm

Come on over to the H.I.T. side.

lol

jer
10-13-08, 6:28 pm

Don't let this crazy volume, suppersetting, kettlbell using, perfect diet having, pizza guy try and sway you Nick.

You know that low volume high intensity is where it's at.

Hi Grant

Pizzalamp
10-13-08, 6:44 pm
Don't let this crazy volume, suppersetting, kettlbell using, perfect diet having, pizza guy try and sway you Nick.

You know that low volume high intensity is where it's at.

Hi Grant

lol

im actually thinking of switching to HIT soon

LittleMan55
10-13-08, 6:50 pm
Thats how I do squats too bro! It's all a matter of bottoming out, then pumping the hell out of the quads over and over. You seem like an alright guy just from that post alone. I'm in from here on out...

Jer and Grant are crazy!!! (meant in the best of ways)

jer
10-13-08, 7:01 pm
lol

im actually thinking of switching to HIT soon
YES! I love it! DO IT!

Thats how I do squats too bro! It's all a matter of bottoming out, then pumping the hell out of the quads over and over. You seem like an alright guy just from that post alone. I'm in from here on out...

Jer and Grant are crazy!!! (meant in the best of ways)
You're not so sane yourself buddy. ;)

LittleMan55
10-13-08, 7:26 pm
You're not so sane yourself buddy. ;)

haha... I'm only crazy 70% of the time, the other 30% I'm sleeping!

NickSP
10-13-08, 8:07 pm
I know jer, I know, heavy and hard.

I do like to think I lift with good form most of the time but I actually don't always do my squats like that. As jer will agree, I'm a fan of using strength as means to reach size. So a lot of times I hit pretty low reps (although still below parallel) and will definitely lock out. I may actually incorporate box squats again every few weeks.

and yes, the two of them are definitely crazy

NickSP
10-15-08, 8:12 pm
bb bench
225x5 +1 forced
240x1 +1 forced, absolutely thought I'd get the second after I hit one, maybe the 225 wiped some strength, going for 245x2 right off the bat next week
195x9
185x8

incline DB bench
80x8
70x8
60x12 then a negative rep

padded pec deck - arms out
80x12 RP x7 RP x5

bar curls - EZ bar
85x12
95x6 - this is what I mean about dropping off in strength, 10 lbs = 6 reps down? and the last set was easier to hit the last rep/two... was hoping the BA and carbs in intra-aid would help with this
75x11

cable curls
120x10, 8, 7

3 sets lying leg raises
3 sets serratus punch on a flat bench

not a bad day, great chest pump again. came down pretty wide on the DB presses (plus I do these deep) kinda coming out and down rather than straight down. I really liked doing em this way.
Mr. triceps was at it again, I've really gotta ask him how often he hits em

Mr. Aestheticz
10-15-08, 9:23 pm
bb bench
225x5 +1 forced
240x1 +1 forced, absolutely thought I'd get the second after I hit one, maybe the 225 wiped some strength, going for 245x2 right off the bat next week
195x9
185x8

incline DB bench
80x8
70x8
60x12 then a negative rep

padded pec deck - arms out
80x12 RP x7 RP x5

bar curls - EZ bar
85x12
95x6 - this is what I mean about dropping off in strength, 10 lbs = 6 reps down? and the last set was easier to hit the last rep/two... was hoping the BA and carbs in intra-aid would help with this
75x11

cable curls
120x10, 8, 7

3 sets lying leg raises
3 sets serratus punch on a flat bench

not a bad day, great chest pump again. came down pretty wide on the DB presses (plus I do these deep) kinda coming out and down rather than straight down. I really liked doing em this way.
Mr. triceps was at it again, I've really gotta ask him how often he hits em

One thingsee and I likebout your routines is they are simple and straight to the point!

O the curls maybe try just jumping 5 lbs, it sounds weak but hey it will help make a difference in the long run, HEY don't knock it until you try it!

Also try doing heavy barbell dag curls for strength and size, I am doing them on Saturday if you wanna check out my style of a drag curl!

Pizzalamp
10-15-08, 11:03 pm
i agree w/ mr a-maybe try real small weight increases

looking good nick-im pumped for sat...

NickSP
10-17-08, 5:40 pm
DB overhead press
65x11 drop: 50x7
60x4-5 drop: 45x5 something shitty like that
55x8 RP x4

rear laterals - superset: BB front laterals x3 sets
50 rear - 65 front all sets x 8-12 reps

cable side laterals
50x7 RP x4 RP x3

narrow grip pushdowns (angled bar) - superset: dips
180x10 - 12 ish
180x7 - 9
160x9 - 6

45 mins

NickSP
10-18-08, 4:24 pm
ABC was a good workout, who knows what I actually did though...hopefully grant remembers better than I do

deads
405x1
430x1
don't know how my form was, should of asked to get videos taken
SLDL
315x8, x6

then some plate-loaded isolateral seated row, neutral grip x2-3 sets
4 plates/side x 7-9

pullups - superset: hammer strength high row I guess, also isolateral
13 - 80x8
7/8 ish - 80x7
5 or 6 then a slow negative probably around 10-12 secs - 70x8ish

DB pullovers x3 sets
50x12-15

plate-loaded shrugs 3 sets
worked up 6-7 plates/side, final set 7 plates +quarter/side x10 ish

Pizzalamp
10-18-08, 5:42 pm
great working out w/ u nick!

NickSP
10-20-08, 7:38 pm
likewise Grant

squats
255x10
245x10
225x10
135x21
I play around with stance a bit but today seemed perfect, almost exactly shoulder width and actually toes pointed forward felt better than pointing em out a bit does. Today was another real deep squat day, pumped em out again a bit but locked out when I had to...

leg ext
180x11 had to adjust the machine after this cause it didn't go down deep enough
170x9
140x12

lying leg curls
180x6 not ideal reps but felt pretty good
150x8
140x9

lying single leg curls
60x8 RP x5 RP x4

standing calves
300x12
330x9-11
340x7

solid day, legs felt great...bodyweight started to fuctuate a bit 184-190, was a bit over 190 today

NickSP
10-22-08, 7:59 pm
bb bench
245x1 +1 forced
225x4 +1 forced
205x7 +1 forced
185x8-10

DB incline bench
80x8
70x10 drop: 50x5
65x9 drop: 45x4

padded pec deck
100x8 RP x4 RP x3

hammer curls
50x11
55x10
65x6

cable curls
130x11 RP x5 RP x4

20 min cardio

LittleMan55
10-22-08, 8:41 pm
all your work outs are looking great bro...

Mr. Aestheticz
10-23-08, 11:34 am
bb bench
245x1 +1 forced
225x4 +1 forced
205x7 +1 forced
185x8-10

DB incline bench
80x8
70x10 drop: 50x5
65x9 drop: 45x4

padded pec deck
100x8 RP x4 RP x3

hammer curls
50x11
55x10
65x6

cable curls
130x11 RP x5 RP x4

20 min cardio

OMG you do cardio?

Oh I know why still trying to burn off the mozarella sticks I see lol!

NickSP
10-23-08, 12:08 pm
OMG you do cardio?

Oh I know why still trying to burn off the mozarella sticks I see lol!

Oh my bad mr. north atlantic champion, I'm sorry my meal didn't live up to your expectations
I'm no competitive builder, but I do have some excess weight I don't like plus I wanna see if a little bit of consistent cardio will help me eat more. But other than the little amount I've been doing recently, no I don't do cardio lol
I'd like to try to gain weight in a clean manner until sometime in March, and then will be first real cut...in bodybuilding terms, I cut weight for wrestling of course but that's not exactly the same thing
Oh and if I remember correctly, you mentioned something about burritos and POPTARTS in your very own journey so leave me and my mooz alone, I'm Italian damn it

on this note though, the chicken today looked very uncooked so I decided I would just eat the school's "fake eggs" instead and throw in 30 mins today to make up for eating whatever the hell that stuff is

Mr. Aestheticz
10-23-08, 1:14 pm
Oh my bad mr. north atlantic champion, I'm sorry my meal didn't live up to your expectations
I'm no competitive builder, but I do have some excess weight I don't like plus I wanna see if a little bit of consistent cardio will help me eat more. But other than the little amount I've been doing recently, no I don't do cardio lol
I'd like to try to gain weight in a clean manner until sometime in March, and then will be first real cut...in bodybuilding terms, I cut weight for wrestling of course but that's not exactly the same thing
Oh and if I remember correctly, you mentioned something about burritos and POPTARTS in your very own journey so leave me and my mooz alone, I'm Italian damn it

on this note though, the chicken today looked very uncooked so I decided I would just eat the school's "fake eggs" instead and throw in 30 mins today to make up for eating whatever the hell that stuff is

LMAO YOU DA MAN!!!

NickSP
10-24-08, 8:19 pm
deads
365x5
then 3 singles with 405, about a minute and half between each

pulldowns
200x9
210x7
210x6

close grip cable rows
220x8 RP x4 RP x3 (or maybe x5 x4)

DB pullovers x3 sets
50x13-15

BB shrugs
425x9 RP x4 RP x3 not the ROM I would've liked

crucifix curls
80x10
70x11
50x12 held for several seconds after the last rep and slowly released

20 min cardio

oh yeah, and 30 min yesterday just for you RJ

current stack
Pak/Omega/Jointment sport 1x a day
protein is ultra iso whey, usually 1x sometimes 2
preWO: M-stak followed by 1 Nitro (last day of m-stak is Sunday, then it's just Nitro)
postWO is 1 scoop EAA Nitro

last serving intra-aid was today
for cardio I usually just do 1 Nitro pre and clean food afterwards. For cardio after lifting, I just do it and take my EAA Nitro after.

NickSP
10-25-08, 6:52 pm
DB overhead press
75x6
65x8
50x13

reverse pec deck
120x6
100x14
100x12 held last rep for 2-3 sec and slow negative

cable side laterals
50x8 pretty shitty reps
40x8 RP x5

seated side laterals - 30x12

EZ curl skullcrushers
85x8
95x6
95x6

pushdowns same grip/bar as usual
170x12
170x8
150x11

will do like 20 mins stretching tonight

Thrawn
10-26-08, 7:37 am
Looking good, Nick! Killing it as usual =)

NickSP
10-27-08, 8:03 pm
squats
265x10
245x11
225x10
225x8

leg press
3 pies/side x 16, 15, 15

lying leg curls
180x6
130x12
110x16

lying single leg curls
60x8 RP x5 RP x3

standing calves
340x8
340x6
200x21-22

Pizzalamp
10-27-08, 8:39 pm
squats
265x10
245x11
225x10
225x8

leg press
3 pies/side x 16, 15, 15

lying leg curls
180x6
130x12
110x16

lying single leg curls
60x8 RP x5 RP x3

standing calves
340x8
340x6
200x21-22
good workout nick!
heavy calf raises!

Thrawn
10-28-08, 6:04 am
good workout nick!
heavy calf raises!

X2!! Man, that must have BURNED like HELL! Well done.

NickSP
10-29-08, 7:58 pm
bb bench
225x5 +1 forced
205x6
205x5
185x9

DB incline bench
85x6
70x10
60x11

DB flat bench
80x5 RP x2 RP x2 + negative rep

hammer curls
65x6-7
60x6
50x12

cable curls
150x6 RP x4 RP x3 RP x1 + negative rep

Pizzalamp
10-30-08, 10:28 pm
who the hell hates peanut butter???? so weird...

Thrawn
10-31-08, 7:08 am
Good work, Nick! Short but sweet!

NickSP
10-31-08, 7:49 pm
stiff-leg deads aka SLDL
315x10
315x8
275x10
275x8

pullups
25x8
25x6
25x5

DB rows
95x11 RP x6 RP x5

DB pullovers
50x12-15 x3 sets

BB shrugs
405x9 RP x5 RP x4

NickSP
10-31-08, 7:50 pm
who the hell hates peanut butter???? so weird...
nat PB, I do, too damn thick

Good work, Nick! Short but sweet!

thanks T, that's how I usually roll

Pizzalamp
10-31-08, 8:23 pm
jer got us to go low volume...

NickSP
11-01-08, 3:20 pm
cleans
3 sets 177x5

DB overhead press
65x11 RP x5 RP x4 + negative rep, had to be at least 7-8 secs

reverse pec deck
120x7
110x10
110x8-9

skullcrushers
105x5
90x9
90x7

pushdowns
180x9
160x12
160x10 drop: 100x13

3 sets 30 crunches and some serratus work

NickSP
11-07-08, 6:20 pm
deads
315x8
335x8
355x5
355x3

pullups
25x9
35x6
25x6 drop: bodyweight x5

BB rows
205x8 RP x4 RP x3 RP x3

underhand pulldowns
190x9-10
200x8

BB shrugs
365x15
385x10

DB shrugs, held at the top of every rep
110x20
115x15

Thrawn
11-08-08, 12:19 pm
Great couple of workouts, big man!! Gotta love that squeeze with the shrugs! That will teach them traps to grow bigger!

NickSP
11-08-08, 4:32 pm
hang cleans
135x8
155x6-8
175x2 just barely dropped it at the end
175x3
these are definitely tougher, but I'm trying to use it as more of a delt exercise right now rather than whole body strength so these are more suitable than going off the ground, plus it'll help work my grip

DB overhead press
70x9
70x7 RP x4
50x7ish - about a 6 sec negative with each rep, last one was a solid 10 sec or more

standing rear lateral - 45x12

reverse pec deck
120x7
100x15

skullcrushers
105x4
90x8
85x7

pushdowns
190x8
190x5 drop: 140x7 drop: 100x8

training wasn't top notch consistency this week, I had 3 exams and a lot of work, almost pulled an all-nighter, diet wasn't great, etc. that whole stressful bit. I didn't even get my leg work in. But it's nice because now I have a mini-vacation...I have no classes tues, wed, OR thurs next week. I'm thinking I'm gonna throw in an extra arms day on tue and move chest to thurs, and LOTS of sleep.

that is all,
NickSP

NickSP
11-08-08, 4:34 pm
Great couple of workouts, big man!! Gotta love that squeeze with the shrugs! That will teach them traps to grow bigger!

Thanks Thrawn, I go heavy most of the time for traps but sometimes ya just gotta beat them up a bit with higher reps and a held contraction. The problem is those are the higest DBs my school has anyway, so the only way I can do DB shrugs is if I do them after bar work and with rep/intensity work

NickSP
11-10-08, 8:09 pm
squats
275x8
245x10
225x11-12
225x10

leg press
5 plates/side x11 RP x6 RP x5

leg ext
170x11
150x12

lying leg curls
160x10
140x10
120x12

lying single leg curls
50x11 RP x7 RP x5-6 immediately into double leg curl x16

standing calves
300x12
300x12
300x9-10

NickSP
11-11-08, 6:35 pm
just some fun today

DB curls x3 sets
35x6-9

cable curls
150x9 RP x4 RP x3 RP x2

rope hammer curls x2 x10-12

rope pushdowns x3 x10-12

overhead cable ext, leaning forward x3 x12-15

unilateral pushdowns x2 x12-15

forearm work with DBs, pull up hanging position

Thrawn
11-13-08, 5:44 am
Excellent couple of workouts, big man! Those 'fun' days are always one of my favorite. You just go in, confident like a mofo, and do some hard work according to what you want. Gotta love this game.
And be glad you have 115lbs db's =)) The biggest ones we have are 40kg / 88lbs...

NickSP
11-13-08, 6:29 pm
bench
230x5
185x12
185x8
155x12

DB incline
85x6 RP x2 RP x1

DB flat bench
75x7 RP x3/4 RP x2

DB pullovers
50x12-15 x3 sets

ab and serratus work

Mr. Aestheticz
11-13-08, 7:32 pm
I see your numbers little by little creeping up there buddy!

How are things?

I am crazy busy down here bro, keep pushing and doing what you do!

Hope all is well!

NickSP
11-14-08, 7:51 pm
deads
365x6
335x7
335x6
315x8

bb rows
210x8 RP x5 RP x4 RP x4

pullups (dip belt was missing) - superset: pulldowns
10 - 180x9
10 - 170x6-7
7 - 150x12 (overhand grip)
screw underhand, my grip always seems to be uneven with it and it just doesn't feel right

bb shrugs
395x9
395x7
315x12-14ish
it's so weird, like how the weight feels on shrugs randomly depends on the day, my strength and just how comfortable I feel with the weight in general changes wildly. 395 felt so heavy today and ROM wasn't even that good. who knows

NickSP
11-14-08, 7:53 pm
I see your numbers little by little creeping up there buddy!

How are things?

I am crazy busy down here bro, keep pushing and doing what you do!

Hope all is well!

little by little is fine with me.
I'm doin ok, I see you've been mighty busy yourself. Hope the rest of the transition goes nicely

LETHAL
11-14-08, 8:16 pm
putting in the hard work man will always pay off. you have some awesome session man that you are doing in the gym man. Holla.

NickSP
11-15-08, 5:17 pm
hang cleans
165x5
170x5
185x2

DB overhead press
70x9 RP x4 RP x3

reverse pec deck
130x4
110x11
110x8

skullcrushers
105x5
85x8 - slow negative with each rep
85x7 - slow negative with each rep

pushdowns
200x6
180x10
170x10

Thrawn
11-16-08, 5:49 am
Outstanding work, Nick!

Pizzalamp
11-16-08, 6:30 pm
looking good nick

LETHAL
11-17-08, 12:10 am
man you are getting it done big time. keep up with the strong work man and i am sure that it is paying off for you. Holla

NickSP
11-17-08, 7:44 pm
squats
285x8
250x10
250x8
230x10

leg press
5 plates/side x11 RP x7 RP x5

leg ext
180x9
140x18

lying leg curls
170x9
150x10
130x12

lying single leg curls
60x8 RP x5 RP x4

standing calves
310x11
310x9
310x9

slow progress is progress. I dropped down for some more reps before, and now I've just been going up a little bit every week, 5 or 10 lbs and I'm gonna stick to this. Been working so far.

Thanks for the constant support, and yeah it's definitely paying off for me right now. Weight is standing in the low 190's and the majority of my lifts I'd say are as good or better than they've ever been. There's probably been a couple PR's this week

Thrawn
11-18-08, 5:46 am
slow progress is progress.

The truth right there! Progress is progress, no matter in what shape or form it comes around the corner. Be thankful and proud for every extra lbs or rep, cause we all know how much effort we put into it to get them.

jer
11-18-08, 4:15 pm
Looking solid Nick. I like it.

Hey, are you gonna be home on Dec. 6th? If you want to go down to the Jersey ABC with Grant and I, let me know. You are welcome to come with brother.

NickSP
11-19-08, 7:10 pm
negative, that's right before the week of finals

bench
235x4 +1 forced
195x10
185x9-10?
165x9

DB incline bench
85x7 RP x4 RP x2

DB flat bench
80x5 RP x3 RP x2

DB pullovers
50x13-15 x3 sets

DB curls
50x5
40x10
40x8

cable curls
150x8 RP x4 RP x2

NickSP
11-21-08, 8:08 pm
deads
375x5
345x5
325x5 ??
315x6-7

pullups
45x6
45x5
body x12

BB rows
215x6 RP x4 RP x3 RP x2

pulldowns
210x8
190x9

BB shrugs
405x12
405x10
405x9

NickSP
11-22-08, 4:21 pm
hang cleans
170x5
170x5
195x2

DB overhead press
75x6 RP x3 RP x2

reverse pec deck
130x5
120x7
110x12

skullcrushers
105x5
95x7
95x6

pushdowns
200x6
190x6
180x8

I can't wait to be home. Plus it means gold's all week, which means a bunch of new toys to play with.

NPRamirez
11-22-08, 6:40 pm
Lifts are lookin' heavy, bro. Keep it up and going hard, Sub'd.