PDA

View Full Version : The Beast Unleashed...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

The_Beast
06-07-11, 8:34 pm
Hell yeah, love the workout! Hit tihose rear delts!

Brother, I wanted to badly! looking forward to my next training session. I was pushing it to the limit, my next lower day I plan on doing some high rep conventional pulls. 5-8 repetitions! Can't keep pulling 90%! going to be a good time. Ain't squatted in awhile, it always seems the more intensity (or higher weight) I can squat the lower my deadlift. Too much on the CNS. Ain't messin' around, time to become a mass attack like the man himself! Going to get my diet in check for 10-14 weeks(or however long it takes until im satisfied), complete this ketogenic phase-get to some serious low body fat-slowly gain size from their.

The_Beast
06-08-11, 9:44 pm
Picked up a fiber supplement today, Fiber One. I can tell you, it definitely works and it tastes great as well. Sugar free.

The_Beast
06-09-11, 6:20 pm
Close grip bench:
45x15
135x10
185x5
225(+chains)x10
245(+chains)x1
265(+chains)x1
275(+chains)x1
295(+chains)x1
300(+chains)x1 (went up fast, easy) 45-50 pounds of chain.
225x12
185x10
Lying Tricep extensions:
3x8-15 (very difficult, light weight with precision form-fast positive-slow negative)
cable pushdowns:
150-2x20 (second set, was plenty of forced reps. Got 10, then had to grind out each one after that.)
Barbell Curls (very slow positive and negative, just for TREX)
135x8
95x8
85x5(my biceps were shot!)
Dumbell cross chest curls:
30s 2x8-10

Rexor91
06-09-11, 8:40 pm
Yeah baby! Strict Curls while shitting your pants from fiber one! lmao

The_Beast
06-09-11, 9:27 pm
haha! Nah, that fiber one usually hits you around 30 minutes after you take it. Taking 8G a day(4G twice a day), It really has been the best supplement Ive taken. Man I am craving food insane! Can't wait for saturday, you are actually supposed to carb load for 36 hours but I ain't going to go that far. Ice cream and Pizza FTW!

My arms were pretty trashed, Got some great weight on my second pressing day of the week regardless. Probably due to the fact I was pushing only 275 earlier this week on incline (upper pecs are weak as you could imagine).
Good arm day, my quads are shot-honestly-speed work and abdomen work are all I can probably manage tomorrow. Not going to put in any more back work, just going to save that for my main pressing day.

The_Beast
06-09-11, 9:39 pm
Basically, bodybuilding split is going something like this.

Sunday:Chest/Back
Monday:off
Tuesday:Quads/hams
Wednesday:off
Thursday:Triceps/Biceps
Friday:Speed work for lower body/Abdomen
Saturday:off

Got my pressing day on Sunday when the gym is literally empty, other than trying to battle a hundred weak bodies over the bench on Monday. Have a good 72 hours of separation between max effort lifts and speed/accessory work.

The_Beast
06-12-11, 4:46 pm
Got in some light chest today, my triceps were still shot! over did my arms day. Tried to focus on light weight on the bench, will be able to make it up at the end of the week.

Incline bench:
Warm ups
135 2x5
225x15
255x8
Incline flys SS with pec deck
50 3x8
3x6-10 slow negative, even got my free arm to hold the contraction

BTW been up since 0300. Ate 16 servings of blue bell-low fat-no sugar added dutch chocolate ice cream last night while watching true grit. What I didn't know was it had 6G of dietary fiber per serving.... I was in the bathroom for an hour this morning, and been probably ten to twelve times since. Ripped my stomach to shreds! even worse I had a pizza from papa johns yesterday! lol. whew glad its over, stomach is feeling alittle better now.

but;
That was it, light day. got a good pump. Maybe I need to stick my max effort at the end of the week and keep my lighter day on sunday? lol.

The_Beast
06-15-11, 12:38 am
Went up to 500 on conventional deadlift, did a few sets of 315 after. CNS is smoked, going light the rest of the week.

Dumbell overheads
dumbell front laterals
side lateral/reverse pec deck superset.

Livethatlife108
06-16-11, 1:50 pm
500 lbs is beastly.

someday my friend someday I will be there with ya ha. but by then you'll be lifting a couple hundred more pounds probably haha.

The_Beast
06-16-11, 3:08 pm
500 lbs is beastly.

someday my friend someday I will be there with ya ha. but by then you'll be lifting a couple hundred more pounds probably haha.

Bro, my CNS was destroyed. That 500 was taxing my grip and the works. Thats why you can't keep on going 90+% week in and week out. lol.

The_Beast
06-16-11, 8:51 pm
Arm Day:
Warmup W/ close grip 225x15
Lying dumbell tricep extensions 65s 3x12
Preacher curls ez bar 25s 3x8
Arnold Curls 30s 3x8 SS with Cable 21s
Hammers (had to outclass the 260 pound guys acting hard seeing me curlin 30's)
65 2x15
80 1x8
Overhead cable extensions:
150 3x12-15

I can curl 65s easy for high rep sets, regular curls. Doing these curls bodybuilder style is insane, your arms are thrashed. Thanks REX for getting me back into bodybuilding style.

Measured my arms for the first time in my life, 18 inches- about 45 minutes after workout.

Livethatlife108
06-19-11, 1:37 pm
way to show up those dudes ahha.
65s for high reps is some monster type shit.
my arms are sitting at a measly 16.5 inches flexed cold.

The_Beast
06-19-11, 7:07 pm
way to show up those dudes ahha.
65s for high reps is some monster type shit.
my arms are sitting at a measly 16.5 inches flexed cold.

haha i just started working out arms! you'll get their!

The_Beast
06-19-11, 9:59 pm
Close grip with chains:
225x12
240x8
Flat DB flys:
65 3x5
Incile DB flys:
40 3x8-12
Cable Flys:
3x6-8
Overhead Barbell Tri Extensions:
135 2x12
95 1x8
Dumbell overhead tricep extensions:
65s 3x5-8
Cable pushdowns:
120+chains 3x12-15 plus dropsets

The_Beast
06-19-11, 10:02 pm
I can truly say, since I started bodybuilding my lifts have went down the drain due to the different forms and not giving myself 72 hours to fully recover. Too much fatigue on the body to really get anywhere, especially going five days a week. My weight has stayed the same, lifts are getting weaker but not because im getting weaker. Just using different form.

Livethatlife108
06-20-11, 6:52 am
yeeeah buddy.
I like hitting it up 5 days a week hehe.

I haven't logged any of this shit as PRs so far maybe because I feel like anything i've done in the past is garbage and im starting fresh haha. Ill start loggin some PRs this next cycle give 5 3 1 another go (also adding 10 lbs to the 1rm scheme for lower body and 5lbs for upper body how it says to do in the book) watch my gains and prolly switch to westside methodology and maybe work in some doggcrapp rest pause static hold techniques too.

You sure your crazy diet isn't affecting you ?

The_Beast
06-20-11, 2:05 pm
yeeeah buddy.
I like hitting it up 5 days a week hehe.

I haven't logged any of this shit as PRs so far maybe because I feel like anything i've done in the past is garbage and im starting fresh haha. Ill start loggin some PRs this next cycle give 5 3 1 another go (also adding 10 lbs to the 1rm scheme for lower body and 5lbs for upper body how it says to do in the book) watch my gains and prolly switch to westside methodology and maybe work in some doggcrapp rest pause static hold techniques too.

You sure your crazy diet isn't affecting you ?

HAHA yeah my crazy diet is taking a big punch out of my lifts. I don't like to admit it! but yeah it is. Glycogen can't be replenished by fat, only Carbohydrates. So, those 36 hours on the weekend where I carb load is when I refill them. I pretty much am completely depleted by the third day of lifting. I feel great all the time, I mean I literally feel better than I ever have and it was a really easy change for me to convert off of Carbs. "Maybe even lifestyle change?". I'm on my fourth week as of today, and its now pretty easy. I gain about 5-6 pounds worth of water weight on the weekend and look soft but toward the end of the week i'm dried up. Counting micro's. I'm not trying to necessarily lose weight, I know I personally have a problem with food. Eating two pounds of red meat and 500G of carbohydrates a day isn't going to let you last very long. Watching, study after study prove that your losing around 60-70% of the protein content in your meats once they are cooked and literally killing your gains on which you eat the meat for, explains all to well what I need to do. You might think your ingesting 200G per day, but your really only taking in around 60G per day if you cook your food over 105-110* (meaning, less than completely rare). I have high blood pressure due to eating so much red meat already, and really this game of lifting is more of like a marathon than a sprint. I just don't want to look healthy on the outside I want the same for the inside. My brother is a vegan, does marathons including the iron man and has really taught me alot about the misguided and misleading information out their. I shop now at a market, and am buying my meats from a butcher shop. If you can't understand what I am saying, look at a can of walmart tomato spaghetti sauce and compare it to an organic sauce. You'll get around 20 different ingredients that you dont know what the hell they are from the regular brand, and get around two or three total well known ingredients on the organic. Even vegetables, and other goods that are over two weeks old tend to lose a tremendous amount of their vitamins(average time it takes a store to receive them). This is why it is even more important than ever to try and buy your foods fresh from the source. Read up on cooking, and its effects to foods. check out this link, just one of the many examples:http://www.living-foods.com/articles/rawfreshproduce.html

The_Beast
06-20-11, 3:35 pm
A good vid to watch; foodmatters, really opens up your mind.

The_Beast
06-20-11, 11:44 pm
Barbell rows:
225x15
275x12
315x10
dropsets..
Lat pulldowns:
250 2x8/ dropsets
Dumbell Rows:
115s 1x15, 1x10
Seated dumbell curls:
55s 3x8-12
Standing dumbell curls:
30s 3x max reps

barbell rows were ultra strict. I use wrist wraps on most of my lifts, really lets you focus on the muscle group. barbell rows were full range of motion, below the knees and to the abdomen with no body motion. Lat pull downs were a close grip, ultra bodybuilder strict. Dumbell rows were hard, my abs hurt. had some dairy today. Dumbell curls were strict seated. The standing were max effort. A protien shake follows directly after workout, i bring in my bag. Made a spinach lasagna today, the cheese, even being only 8oz total killed my stomach. lactose isn't my strong point, don't eat dairy so when I do it really gets to me. Arms are getting much bigger, and i can see a very noticeable difference in vascularity. looking shredded and much leaner, even though my body weight was up a few pounds. 210 today. Fourth week of cyclic ketogenic diet...

Livethatlife108
06-21-11, 5:06 am
lol. You're losing it man. Turning into a hippie. I'm all for organic foods but can I afford them constantly. FUCK NO. And from what i've read about cooked meat what you're saying isn't as big of a deal as you're putting it. I don't feel like looking my info up again and sifting through a million articles to find one in lamens terms I can actually understand but what I had read was that cooking it really wasn't much of a difference in protein absorption. Eggs absorb better when cooked.
And yeah eating lots of food and being gigantic is a lot of strain on your heart. But that's where hydration and vegetables and fiber come into play as well as not taking shit to the extreme and becoming a giant fatass powerlifter or a freaking steroid injecting 280lb monster haha.
All I know is being big ass hell is what I want right now in my life and maybe I'll slow down and switch the game up when I get old.
Organic is good but it's overpriced and the whole cooking meat issue is BS in my opinion.
If you want someone to talk to about that stuff add my buddy Gabriel on my FB he lifts and eats SUPER clean he's really into it. Raw milk and all that organic stuff. Wish I could get raw milk in fayettenam but it's nowhere near unless I want goat milk.

The_Beast
06-21-11, 10:31 pm
lol. You're losing it man. Turning into a hippie. I'm all for organic foods but can I afford them constantly. FUCK NO. And from what i've read about cooked meat what you're saying isn't as big of a deal as you're putting it. I don't feel like looking my info up again and sifting through a million articles to find one in lamens terms I can actually understand but what I had read was that cooking it really wasn't much of a difference in protein absorption. Eggs absorb better when cooked.
And yeah eating lots of food and being gigantic is a lot of strain on your heart. But that's where hydration and vegetables and fiber come into play as well as not taking shit to the extreme and becoming a giant fatass powerlifter or a freaking steroid injecting 280lb monster haha.
All I know is being big ass hell is what I want right now in my life and maybe I'll slow down and switch the game up when I get old.
Organic is good but it's overpriced and the whole cooking meat issue is BS in my opinion.
If you want someone to talk to about that stuff add my buddy Gabriel on my FB he lifts and eats SUPER clean he's really into it. Raw milk and all that organic stuff. Wish I could get raw milk in fayettenam but it's nowhere near unless I want goat milk.

Haha no where near being a hippie! maybe I'm just holding the markets accountable for selling off products that start off being "organic" but are tossed around in about a hundred different poisons before I get my hands on em'. I don't see it as paying a higher price, I see it as actually getting what you pay for. You wouldn't eat garbage out of the garbage can, or toss it on your plate for a mid day snack would you? read up on the labels, look at what your eating and tell me you actually understand what even a small percentage of the ingredients are. Brother, you could type in the effects of cooking on meat and you would have a thousand articles supporting the claims I stated. You might find one or two at the far left that state the info you provided! I'm just going by facts, but of course I still cook my meat. I cook all my meat to about medium, always have-always will. Your body can survive in the most horrid of conditions, and i'm not saying you'll look like a muffin' in five years eating nothing but fast food because we know everyone's body reacts in different ways. What I am saying is, no matter how much we want to neglect it now while we are younger-it will catch up to us sooner or later, if your serious look at the cardio vascular disease death toll in the united states alone. I ain't just pullin' up numbers out of thin air.. http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm
nearly 632 thousand people died of it in 2006 alone; Top Three Risk Factors; 40% inactivity, 34% obesity, and 30.5% high blood pressure. All related to training and nutritional health. Direct quote from the CDC website; In 2010, an estimated 785,000 Americans had a new coronary attack, and about 470,000 had a recurrent attack. About every 25 seconds, an American will have a coronary event, and about one every minute will die from one." and your sitting here tellin' me it aint serious! haha read up brother! baby steps toward better overall health is all im looking for. Is it not worth that extra .50 cents or even a buck to achieve it and go organic!?

Livethatlife108
06-22-11, 4:42 am
Haha no where near being a hippie! maybe I'm just holding the markets accountable for selling off products that start off being "organic" but are tossed around in about a hundred different poisons before I get my hands on em'. I don't see it as paying a higher price, I see it as actually getting what you pay for. You wouldn't eat garbage out of the garbage can, or toss it on your plate for a mid day snack would you? read up on the labels, look at what your eating and tell me you actually understand what even a small percentage of the ingredients are. Brother, you could type in the effects of cooking on meat and you would have a thousand articles supporting the claims I stated. You might find one or two at the far left that state the info you provided! I'm just going by facts, but of course I still cook my meat. I cook all my meat to about medium, always have-always will. Your body can survive in the most horrid of conditions, and i'm not saying you'll look like a muffin' in five years eating nothing but fast food because we know everyone's body reacts in different ways. What I am saying is, no matter how much we want to neglect it now while we are younger-it will catch up to us sooner or later, if your serious look at the cardio vascular disease death toll in the united states alone. I ain't just pullin' up numbers out of thin air.. http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm
nearly 632 thousand people died of it in 2006 alone; Top Three Risk Factors; 40% inactivity, 34% obesity, and 30.5% high blood pressure. All related to training and nutritional health. Direct quote from the CDC website; In 2010, an estimated 785,000 Americans had a new coronary attack, and about 470,000 had a recurrent attack. About every 25 seconds, an American will have a coronary event, and about one every minute will die from one." and your sitting here tellin' me it aint serious! haha read up brother! baby steps toward better overall health is all im looking for. Is it not worth that extra .50 cents or even a buck to achieve it and go organic!?

Well if the cancer or heart attack doesn't kill you stressing over it constantly and your money when it goes down the toilet buying ALL ORGANIC will.
Cite a scientific article that you can actually understand in lamens terms about that meat and i'll believe it lol. But honestly it's not a big deal in my book. It mostly applies to red meats anyways.
You can buy overpriced pro biotic yogurt all day but guess what regular yogurt is probiotic too.
You can wash your veggies and apples and get all the shit off of them that keeps bugs from eating them up.
You can pay out the ass for meat especially red meat that hasn't been injected with steroids and antibiotics.
You can do all of that.
But I imagine a lot of people in our nation are having a hard enough time filling up their gas tank.
I'm glad I get to eat my 3 squares or more a day for free and i'm not going to be too picky I eat the best I can and will at the dining facility. The rest of the world is facing famines and natural disasters and their is an actual food deficit in the world right now.
If you don't want cardio vascular disease all you have to do is get up off your fat ass (regular americans) and work out and run. Most people aren't physically active. So yeah you can add all these little cancer percentages from every little thing into the equation. But you can eat good cook your meat, buy what is affordable and not necessarily organic, stay active and live to almost 100 years old. Maybe run more as you age and your over the whole being superhuman big thing. People are living longer than ever. Maybe the organic guy who eats his meats bloody will live longer who knows. I'm just winging it and living within my means.
That's pretty good in my book.
If I hit the lotto and can afford all that organic BS constantly I'll let you know. I like my steaks medium well and I don't care if I get die from it. The majority of what I eat as far as meats out here for this deployment is chicken.
This is all off the dome I don't need to sift through all that shit cuz i'm already aware of it.

The_Beast
06-22-11, 11:10 am
Well if the cancer or heart attack doesn't kill you stressing over it constantly and your money when it goes down the toilet buying ALL ORGANIC will.
Cite a scientific article that you can actually understand in lamens terms about that meat and i'll believe it lol. But honestly it's not a big deal in my book. It mostly applies to red meats anyways.
You can buy overpriced pro biotic yogurt all day but guess what regular yogurt is probiotic too.
You can wash your veggies and apples and get all the shit off of them that keeps bugs from eating them up.
You can pay out the ass for meat especially red meat that hasn't been injected with steroids and antibiotics.
You can do all of that.
But I imagine a lot of people in our nation are having a hard enough time filling up their gas tank.
I'm glad I get to eat my 3 squares or more a day for free and i'm not going to be too picky I eat the best I can and will at the dining facility. The rest of the world is facing famines and natural disasters and their is an actual food deficit in the world right now.
If you don't want cardio vascular disease all you have to do is get up off your fat ass (regular americans) and work out and run. Most people aren't physically active. So yeah you can add all these little cancer percentages from every little thing into the equation. But you can eat good cook your meat, buy what is affordable and not necessarily organic, stay active and live to almost 100 years old. Maybe run more as you age and your over the whole being superhuman big thing. People are living longer than ever. Maybe the organic guy who eats his meats bloody will live longer who knows. I'm just winging it and living within my means.
That's pretty good in my book.
If I hit the lotto and can afford all that organic BS constantly I'll let you know. I like my steaks medium well and I don't care if I get die from it. The majority of what I eat as far as meats out here for this deployment is chicken.
This is all off the dome I don't need to sift through all that shit cuz i'm already aware of it.

Haha I hear yah brother! I don't stress over it at all! To me, its too easy. You know I don't stress out about anything, too cool for that. I enjoy eating real food, just like you enjoy real talk! buying your meat from the butcher isn't only easier on the wallet, your supporting the small guy and getting a much better product. I'm not trying to pull you over to one side to buyin' organic, their ain't no question about whats better for you but its all up to your wallet and your state of mind. Would you rather have the best super food, or that new pair of shoes. Truth: people are living longer due to our medical system, and our "pill for every ill" policy. If you didn't count in medical, people would be falling off left and right. My brother works in the ER-watches men every day under 50 years old, cold as the freezer from heart attacks and strokes. It ain't that expensive brother, I spend about 100-120 bucks every two weeks on food. Your saying thats heavy on the wallet for eating clean and organic. A large pizza every day of the week would cost you 140 bucks every two weeks. Eating three combos a day from McDonalds ($3-breakfast, $5 lunch, $5 dinner) would cost you ATLEAST 11-13 bucks for 3 square meals per day or $154-$182 every two weeks! Truth brother-Counting Micro's and Counting Pennies makes since when you eat clean. When you get back in the states, look over your budget. Do the math. I'm just trying to give you some insight. Its hard to understand at first, but if you spent the time to look it all over you'll be set. You can buy 3lb's of chicken for six dollars in the store. Eating one and a half pounds per day would mean your spending $3 per day for your meat. Add in your veggies, rice, potatoes-etc and you'll be very surprised how cheap, you can eat some serious nutritious food for some loose change. We arent talkin' supplements or going to that extreme we are just talking straight food. Brother, YOU CANT JUST WASH OFF ALL PESTICIDES and TOXINS and act like it aint never happened-pesticides are soaked into the mineral deficient soil and basically grown into your food. The same 10oz of spinach has 50% more vitamin A per serving (not counting the extra 20 vitamins and minerals) that you won't find in the grocery store. I got 3 LARGE avocados for 2 bucks. Each one cost around 2 bucks in the store, and I got three. Picked up 6 large green-yellow-red peppers for two dollars. Each one costs two dollars in the grocery store. These are farm grown organic, locally in the area from the market. So in money sense, it makes perfect sense. Get REAL BROTHAAAA!

Livethatlife108
06-22-11, 2:17 pm
So I guess living longer and having to take pills is a bad thing but hmmm. Did we ever live that long before the pills NO.
So where's you example of someone that has lived a super long life going all organic and not dosing any sort of meds for their illnesses. Hmm die at 50 - 75 or live longer ? TOUGH fuckin decision.
Evolution, science, and technology sure are a bitch lol.
No question food without all that shit on it and injected into it is better.
But is it affordable for the masses. Hell no.
We're pretty on the go in our nation.
Not sure I'm gonna be grilling up and packing my lunches constantly I'll eat what's at the dining facility and stock my fridge with some stuff for when I do have the time to cook.
Pesticides steroids antibiotics aren't without reason. There is an extreme demand for FOOD. Their is a freaking food deficit in the world. I wonder if we would even be able to mass produce enough meat fruit and vegetables without those things.
but yeah brother to each their own, we both share good points.

The_Beast
06-22-11, 3:35 pm
So I guess living longer and having to take pills is a bad thing but hmmm. Did we ever live that long before the pills NO.
So where's you example of someone that has lived a super long life going all organic and not dosing any sort of meds for their illnesses. Hmm die at 50 - 75 or live longer ? TOUGH fuckin decision.
Evolution, science, and technology sure are a bitch lol.
No question food without all that shit on it and injected into it is better.
But is it affordable for the masses. Hell no.
We're pretty on the go in our nation.
Not sure I'm gonna be grilling up and packing my lunches constantly I'll eat what's at the dining facility and stock my fridge with some stuff for when I do have the time to cook.
Pesticides steroids antibiotics aren't without reason. There is an extreme demand for FOOD. Their is a freaking food deficit in the world. I wonder if we would even be able to mass produce enough meat fruit and vegetables without those things.
but yeah brother to each their own, we both share good points.

Living longer, by modern medicine meaning actually replacing bones-cutting out parts of the body(when researched) could all be prevented with proper nutrition and exercise. I never said no medication didn't have its place. Pain meds and the like work wonders. Look at the top four death rates in the united states, all health related and can be prevented. All Americans can't eat right, that's a fact. 90% don't give a damn or neglect the information put out their to them, and would rather buy that pizza and coke than that salad and steak. To us that are smart enough to actually learn the truth, can't have no pity on people living and dying a slow death with medications and hip/bone replacements caused by malnutrition, vitamin intake, and obesity. You'll get more informed over the years, I went diet first and lifting second. to each his own! good lifting, staying tuned on your progress.

Livethatlife108
06-23-11, 3:23 am
You have no proof to back up that first statement and you said earlier the only reason people live so long is because of the pill for every ill.
Diet is good. Don't be saying I don't have a good diet.
Diet can always be better.
Anyways look forward to knowing that some shit fucking disease can always take your life away all you can do is eat and work out the best you can within your means. It's been that way since the beginning don't see it changing.
Everybody can't live forever.
Agree to sorta agree / disagree.

The_Beast
06-23-11, 5:37 pm
You have no proof to back up that first statement and you said earlier the only reason people live so long is because of the pill for every ill.
Diet is good. Don't be saying I don't have a good diet.
Diet can always be better.
Anyways look forward to knowing that some shit fucking disease can always take your life away all you can do is eat and work out the best you can within your means. It's been that way since the beginning don't see it changing.
Everybody can't live forever.
Agree to sorta agree / disagree.

Brother, if you watched some of the worlds best nutritional doctors talk about modern medicine you would know a thing or two about it! Just that single video I listed to you, has some of the top nutritionists and doctors speaking out about the outstanding benefits of diet on the body. Read up on this article:http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/obesity
Its mind wrenching over 1,000,000 people die a year due to the effects of malnutrition and obesity. We are talkin' some serious numbers, and the Government is corrupted enough from big business to not come out and speak about it. You just don't get "cancer". You just dont have a "heart attack" for no reason. Everything happens because of a reaction to something you personally have done or set up.

Actually, Many studies have proven that modern medicine-other than saving infants decreasing the mortality rate has had a increased effect on human life expectancy I stand corrected. PROPER DIET EXTREMELY REDUCES your chances of the TOP FOUR killers in the united states and is still by far the only "real" positive alternative to a daily pill-hospital bills out the mailbox-and the person feeling miserable until they die a slow death due to that processed garbage they are sticking in their bodies. Brother, Your diet is clean and you make good choices! never said yah didn't, I'm just trying to make the fact clear that proper diet when your young could mean a happy-healthy life in your future, free of needles and an empty bank account. Read this article, has straight talk. http://www.asifthinkingmatters.com/fullchapters/livinglife/19_BUT_WE_LIVE_LONGER_TODAY.shtml

The_Beast
06-23-11, 5:53 pm
Seated Barbell shoulder press out of squat rack:
225x10
185x12
185x8
Floor Press:
315x5
275x12
SLDL:
315-500 singles
405x5
315x20
315x20
Hack Squat, real high-close stance:
2x5

Easy day today, glycogen stores are low if not gone-felt great but the muscles energy just wasnt on the same level. Was drenched by the end. My shakes kill my stomach pretty quick, from the whey protein (soy and milk based). I drank 3-48+ ounces of water in the gym, and I already had two before so I was well hydrated. Upped my red meat consumption by .5 pounds per day. Weight was low, 207ish after all that water. Feel good, lifts were great for the routine im on. My tendons were still shot, so I known that I wasn't going to get the greatest pressing numbers but regardless good work. I tend to keep the reps and sets low one day a week. Short work, for big results once I get recovered.

The_Beast
06-24-11, 1:52 pm
Dumbell Curls:
60s 2x10-12
45s 1x10
Overhead triceps:
3x15
Single Arm Pushdowns:
3x10
Barbell Curls, close grip:
3x8-12
pressdowns:
3x10-15
Seated Dumbell Curls:
3x max reps

Ketogenic diet definitely works...
206 in the gym today, ran three times the distance in floridas 95* heat than I did when I was running regular with much less fatigue. AFTER my deadlift day. Insane. Going to keep at it, Got a PT test next month.

The_Beast
06-25-11, 4:54 pm
Two papa johns pizzas, and two things of ice cream. Weekend fix, every weekend on the Keto diet. Usually Friday and Saturday evening. Makes my body soak in plenty of water, and overloads the carb count needed (atleast 600 grams over the course of 36 hours total.

The_Beast
06-25-11, 5:06 pm
Kinda joked with the girl at the winn dixie today, she was saying she admired my muscles and said she was trying to get into shape-and the guy baggin' em was like "you definitely aint going to get their eating this" and im like "you have to diet basically throughout the week in order to eat this on the weekend." lol. Kinda crazy! eating this garbage on the 36 hour spill I dont have any cravings throughout the week and my sugar is spiked. eating kind of what I want good for the moment, but probably will soften this up starting next week with healthy alternatives. no fat/no sugar icecream and some healthy clean food. no pizza! lol.

The_Beast
06-26-11, 1:24 pm
Watching some classic bodybuilding videos, its almost unreal the dominance of some of them.

The_Beast
06-26-11, 6:06 pm
Incline bench:
45-225x5
275 2x8
245 x 10
225 x 5/135 x max reps (chest was shot)
Flat Flys SS W/ Pec Deck
60s 3x6-10 W/ dropsets to 30s
3 sets of pec deck 70-100 pounds, max reps.
Lat Pulldown pushdowns (not all cable machines are equal, the weight is literally doubled on this thing)
3x10-15 (with forced reps)
Overhead tricep extensions with dumbells:
45s 3 x 8-15
single arm cable overhead extensions:
3 x max reps

Was 214 in the gym today, I literally gained 8 pounds in 36 hours on my off days. Two Pizzas and some icecream later. I make sure I nearly double my water intake when I eat pizza, trying to soak as much as I can into the body.

The_Beast
06-27-11, 9:21 pm
Barbell Rows:
135x15
225x15
315x12
315x8>DS 225
275x12>DS 225
Weighted Chins:
55 1x8
35 1x10
BW 1x8
T-bar:
1-3P 3 x 15
4P 2x15
Seated Curls:
50s 2x10-12
30 1x8
21's with straight bar, 40 pounds. Close grip:
3 x 21 including dropsets

Ran longer today, with a very short rest period and was perfect. Lactic acid was built up in my legs, they were in alot of pain the first 1/4 mile but I was perfect after that. Didn't have much fat today, ate chicken breast all morning. So, energy was down--good that I can actually tell the difference. LOST 6 POUNDS in ONE DAY! lol. That shows you the amount of water I retain over the weekend. Should be pretty light by the end of the week, relatively speaking.

The_Beast
06-28-11, 11:08 pm
Dead lifts:
135-315x1
405 3x6
315 1x6
Leg extensions:
3x20
Leg press:
1-4p 1x20 each, very close stance.

Easy day, like I said. Usually one day a week I tend to slow down and take it easy. The deads were pretty heavy, hands were torn and body was broken down from yesterday. Back was toast after the third set. Got to get my reps up, have a very good single max but my repetition strength is child's play! Lol. Thank you west side methods. Trying to get alittle more oomph out of my quads. Think they will help me out, my hamstrings need some work. Probably do them on my shoulder day.

The_Beast
06-30-11, 11:26 pm
Barbell overhead press, standing push press:
225x10
275x5
185 3x12-15
Seated Side laterals:
35 3x15-20
Front laterals:
50s 3x8-12
Rear pec deck:
3x max reps
Down the rack, barbell curls:
3x40 reps
Cross chest curls:
30-55 3x8-20

The_Beast
07-03-11, 11:40 am
Probably going to start a lower carb diet tomorrow. Checking out my results for another six weeks. Still going to use my established base of ketogenic-eating clean but take a stab at a lower carbohydrate ratio, extremely low fat, and high protein.

The_Beast
07-04-11, 9:49 pm
Flat Benchpress:
Warmups
315x5
275 5x3
255 3x3
Close Grip with bands:
Warmups
225x1
175x1
135 3x5
Pushdows with duel bands:
warmup
40 x 20
100 x 15
150 3x5-10 W/ Dropsets without bands (150 pound straight weight)

Wow I need to start dealing with heavier weight again, that 315 felt like 350. Tendons just don't have the strength like they use to. I can definitely see this when I barely got 225 with the bands. Kinda a slow day, started eating carbs again and really energy wasn't their making the switch back. Still was feeling my shoulder workout, so I honestly think that was the big issue. Time to start building some power again baby!

The_Beast
07-05-11, 11:10 pm
Barbell Rows:
warmups
225x15
315x15(real easy)
350x7(315x3)
275x15(few forced reps after)
Lat Pulldowns:
250x10
250x6-8/dropset
220x6/dropset
Seated single arm rows:
R arm: 5Px10 L arm:5Px6
R arm 4Px15 L arm 4Px15
Seated long pulley row:
250xmax reps
250xmax reps
250xmax reps (dropset 50 pound increments to a total 50 pounds resistance)
Barbell Curl:
135x12
135x6
105x6-10
Cross Chest Curls:
40's 3x max reps
Cable 21's:
3 sets.

treadmill
60 minutes, 15 grade incline(max incline), 4.0 speed.

The_Beast
07-06-11, 9:38 pm
Deadlift W/ Bands:
Warmups 135-315 W/O bands
315x1
405x1
475x1 (610 band tension)
4" deficit platform deads:
315 8x1
Goodmornings:
Two sets to stretch out my lower back and hamstrings
Standing Cable Abs:
50-80-100 Cable Weight W/ Bands (135 pounds tension) for Max Reps/3-5 sets
Seated Abs:
3 sets, lighter weight. 8-12 reps.

Incline Treadmill, 15 incline/4.0 speed 60 minutes/710 Calories burned.

Livethatlife108
07-07-11, 1:02 am
Barbell overhead press, standing push press:
225x10
275x5
185 3x12-15
Seated Side laterals:
35 3x15-20
Front laterals:
50s 3x8-12
Rear pec deck:
3x max reps
Down the rack, barbell curls:
3x40 reps
Cross chest curls:
30-55 3x8-20
push press ehhh...

i've been sticking with the good ol strict overheads.

you like push press though.
think it's any good for getting your overhead weights up ?

The_Beast
07-07-11, 10:15 am
Well the reason my push press stopped at 275 was because I can't overhead that much after my two "back" days. Core is shot, traps and upper back are hurting. It's one of the best lifts to get your shoulders mass, but I wouldn't say it helps out your complete overhead as much as tricep work. I usually do full reps, 225x10 was honestly a warmup it was too light. But I stuck with the 3/4 rep range(which I havent done in years) and felt the breakdown in the shoulders much better by keeping that solid strain than using my tri's to lock it out. I don't use really any leg drive, I just use that initial small jolt with the lower body to get it off my front delts. I usually wouldn't recommend the 3/4 method, but I think it's far superior for building strictly shoulder mass because your triceps give out too quick doing full reps. Ever see Lou furrigno in pumping iron where he is shoulder pressing and saying "Arnold!" that's what I do (workout wise) if you need a visual.

The_Beast
07-09-11, 1:45 am
Seated Barbell Press:
135x20
225x10
185x6
185x6
Seated Machine Shoulders:
50 x 20
180 x 15
220 x 12/180 x max reps
220 x 8/180 x max reps
220/180/100/50 x max reps
Seated Side Laterals:
35's 3 x max reps
Smith Machine Upright Rows:
135 5 x 5-8
Barbell Shrugs:
135 x 20
225 x 15
275 3 x 15

Incline Treadmill, 15 incline 4.3 speed 60 minutes 700 calories

Got in the gym real late tonight around, 11PM and was dead tired. My old training partner was in their the one that quit on me after begging to power lift for a year. Still lifting tiny weight and hasn't gained an ounce of muscle since then. Figures! All the genetics in the world, but doesn't have any fire inside to train. The worst part about the seated barbell press is that I have to put a dumbell seat in the squat rack, so to unrack the weight im literally at a 60 degree angle to reach it and I have to watch out not to hit the pins on the way down... This is why every gym should invest in a quality power rack. Just shoulders and traps tonight, biceps were still worn and my triceps need to take a breather. Will continue the insanity on sunday with bench and triceps, still maybe go in tomorrow for some more cardio.

The_Beast
07-10-11, 9:50 pm
Flat Benchpress:
135 x 5
225 x 1 W/ Bands
280 x 1 W/ Bands (415 at lockout) smoke show way too easy! 5 pounds better than when I was power lifting.
315 x 3/225 x 3/135 x 3
Floor Press:
325 x 6
335 x 4
315 x 6
275 2 x 8
Incline Fly:
40s 3x10-15
Seated Machine Tricep Dip:
250 3 x 10-15
Flat Flys:
50s 2x5
Overhead Cable Ext with bands:
50lbs 2x8-12
pec deck:
single arm/dual arm superset 3 sets/max reps

60 minutes/15 incline/4.3-4.4 speed walk.
Cardio is intense, both feet got blisters.

The_Beast
07-12-11, 11:29 pm
Lat Pulldowns:
100 3x5 warmup
250 2x10
250 1x8
220 2 x 5-8 wide grip
Chin ups (palms outward)
BW+75 2x3-5
Machine Rows:
5 sets, 2 sets with 3 plates w/ double bands-2 sets other, and a final easy easy set of 3 plates w/o bands.
Barbell Chins:
3 sets bodyweight/max reps/forced reps
Cross Chest Dumbell Curls:
few sets warmup with 20s
two sets 12-15 with 70s
three sets with 35s DS 20s for max reps
Straight bar curls:
GIANT SET 20/30/40/50/60/50/40/30/20 5 reps each, two sets.

Two sessions, 60 minutes on the stationary bike (five minute break in between). This was a serious challenge, 90-100RPM for 30 minutes straight at 12mph, then went on my second session at 8mph for the same rate which my legs were already toast. Got blisters from wearing chuck taylors on the incline for an hour the other day, so I have to use the bike for the rest of the week to get my cardio in.

The_Beast
07-12-11, 11:47 pm
I really feel this lat pull down machine is in need of work btw. When I go to the newly installed cable machine in my gym and go to the lat pull down with the same weight, its like the lat pull down increases resistance by a hundred pounds! lol. Probably and old pulley and such but just saying, I think ten reps with 250 is all ill probably get for awhile without sacrificing form like all the other "flat backed" individuals that think the lat pull down is a lat row. lol.

It is very simple, you sit proper-pull the weight STRAIGHT DOWN to your head and slowly raise it until your arms are fully extended and repeat. Some people sit straight, pull down, bend to the rear, use momentum to swing the weight to their chest, and go half way back up and repeat.

The_Beast
07-14-11, 12:02 am
Whew remind me never to do an hour on the exercise bike at high intensity and train deadlifts the next evening. Heavy weight felt tooooo heavy, no drive off the floor. Look at the weight used for hamstring curls-you'll see what I mean.

Deadlift:
455 3x1 couldn't handle anything heavier, I was literally at my brink!
225 10x3 speed pulls

Hamstring Curls:
50 pounds, yes 50 pounds...
5 sets of 5-8 and that was at max intensity.. Couldn't budge a hundred. Hamstrings were completely smashed from the cardio session.

The_Beast
07-15-11, 3:34 am
seated barbell overhead:
warmups, went from 45-135-165-225-245-245x3
Smith Machine overhead:
315 2x2
Front laterals:
55s 2x8
Side Laterals:
30s 2x15
Rear Laterals:
20s 2x15

Overheads were just horrid trying to unrack from the squat rack like usual. Can't get any weight since the overhead seats front arm goes about three feet in front of it! ahh. Unracking it way out in front of me, and bringing it back and pushing the seat back at the same time where on the decent it doesnt hit the fixed pins all running down it. The smith machine style all motion seat is worthless, moves any time weight is added. Tried using it, too much padding as well and couldn't get tight. Can't expect big numbers pulling and doing overheads a day later but first start of the ED COAN lifting plan. Just gauging my current level of strength. In highschool, im pretty sure I did 315x10 on the seated smith overhead-pretty pathetic years down the road I am that much weaker on shoulders.

The_Beast
07-15-11, 7:37 pm
Need to go over a few training concepts. need to put my ideas on paper, or in text. Learning alittle bit from Ed Coans DVDs and putting them together. Some of his concepts are out dated, and you have to take them with a grain of salt. He was a genetic freak, I don't think anyone can bench 90%+ every week anymore without being a freak. I hate making these plans, because I look in the past and I've made them before. I have learned a good bit off of my old schedules, what worked and what didn't work. Six week cycle at the least. Can't break off of it. Probably not going to go below three reps for RAW lifting. Won't go more than five. Really, taking training from west side-new methods that develop a wide range of lifters strong. It just has a proven track record. Taking rep schemes from Ed Coan. Always using chains or bands.

Monday:
MAX EFFORT BENCH
ACCESSORY WORK FOR MAX EFFORT BENCH
TRICEP WORK
ABS
CALVES
Tuesday:
LATS/UPPER BACK
BICEPS
TRAPS
Wednesday:
SPEED SQUAT
DEADLIFT TRAINING
HAMSTRINGS
ABS
CALVES
Thursday:
OFF
Friday:
OVERHEAD PRESS TRAINING
TRICEP WORK
Saturday:
SPEED PULLS
SQUAT TRAINING
QUAD WORK
HAMSTRINGS
ABS
CALVES
Sunday:
OFF

Main Lifts:
10x3 rep ranges, 8 sets warm up. 2 working sets. 90+, 105+.
5(40%), 5(40%), 3(50%), 3(50%), 2(60%), 2(60%), 1(70%), 1(80%), 1(90%), 1(105%).
Secondary Lifts including Overhead Press:
8x5 rep ranges, 5 sets warm up. 3 working sets.
5(50%), 3(50%), 1(60%), 1(60%), 1(75%), 5(85%), 5(85%), 5(85%).
9x3 rep ranges, speed work. (45%) Benchpress
9x3 rep ranges, speed work. (55%) Deadlift/Squat

Secondary work, will be 12-15 reps. Higher repetitions, lower weight.

The_Beast
07-18-11, 2:18 pm
Only correction, Tuesday is going to be deadlifts. Wednesday will be lats/upper back/bi.

Livethatlife108
07-18-11, 8:17 pm
you're dropping doing biceps twice a week now ?

The_Beast
07-18-11, 8:42 pm
No, I just forgot to add it in their.

The_Beast
07-19-11, 4:39 am
Wide Grip Bench W/ Chains:
45 x 15
45 x 15
135 x 5
135 x 3 W/ Chains
135 x 3 W/ Chains
185 x 1 W/ Chains
225 x 1 W/ Chains
275 x 1 W/ Chains
305 x 1 W/ Chains
325 x 1 W/ Chains
Floor Press:
315 W/ Chains 2x5
Skull Crushers W/ Doubled over mini Bands:
EZ bar W/ band 1x8
EZ bar W/ 15 pounds 1x8
EZ bar W/ 25 pounds 1x6
Pushdowns with bands:
70 pounds weight w/ bands 3x8
Incline Fly:
30s 3x12/10/8
Pec Deck:
3 x 8-12 reps

The_Beast
07-20-11, 4:47 am
Sumo Deadlifts:
10x1
495x1, 505x1, 540x0. I have pretty weak legs, I am starting to train sumo to counter this.
Sumo Deadlifts(assistance work):
315 2x8
Glute/Ham Raise W/ Bands:
5x12-15
Seated Hamstring Curls, single leg:
3x8-12, dropset for max reps each set.
Standing Abs:
150+two sets of chain
5x15-30
Seated Calf Raises:
6x2P+Chains max reps, dropsets included
Grip Work, Barbell W/ doubled monster mini's:
3x30 sec static holds

The_Beast
07-21-11, 6:32 am
Standing Abs W/ Bands:
5 sets
Standing Oblique, Lumber Jack W/ Bands:
3 sets
Seated Hamstrings W/ Bands:
3 sets
Lat Pulldowns, Medium Grip:
5 sets, 5-8 reps. 120-150 pounds W/ Dual Monster Mini Bands. 310 Pounds of tension at chest.
Medium Grip free weight machine rows:
2P W/ Dual Bands 2x15
4P W/ Single Band 1x5
T-Bar Rows:
100 pounds (in 25 pound plates) W/ Chains 3x15, last set drop set
Shrugs:
135 pounds W/ Monster Mini Bands 3x15
Dumbell Curls:
35s 2x12-15
35s with Bands
1x6-8
Barbell Curls:
Giant Set, 50 reps total per set. 20/30/40 pounds, 10 reps with each weight. 2 sets. 2x50.
Leg Press calf raises:
5x30-50 reps, past failure and different methods were used.

3.5-4 mile run after.

The_Beast
07-23-11, 4:08 am
Machine shoulder press:
8 sets
240+45# chain 8x5-8
Speed bench:
145 9x3
JM press with 90# chain:
5x8
Side laterals:
35 5x5-8
Rear pec deck:
3 sets
Barbell curls(first two sets, ultra ultra slow negatives-last set a normal barbell curl):
2x8 W/ 135
2x8 W/ 95
1x25 W/ 95

The_Beast
07-24-11, 1:48 am
Front Squat:
45, 135, 185, 225 warmup
275x1
275x1 w/ one pair chains (320 total)
275x1 w/ two pair chains (365 total)
225x5
Weight Drags:
180 pounds, 5 sets.
Wide stance leg press(really hitting the hip flexers and hamstring:
4P 2x5
Oblique work:
5 sets
Speed Pulls:
235 bar weight+chains strapped all over the middle
10x2
(first seven sets off two inch box, last three sets off floor. Weight was quicker off floor. Very fast without chains)

The_Beast
07-26-11, 4:01 pm
Flat benchpress:
9 warm up sets,
210-215 bar weight, 210 pounds band tension (two pairs monster mini shorts). 350 bottom/425 top.
JM Press:
2x8 w/ 135 bar weight and draped over 3/8 chains.
Floor Press:
3 warm up sets.
105 bar weight w/ two pairs of chains and one set monster mini short band. 1x5
105 bar weight w/ two pairs of chains and two sets monster mini short bands. 1x5
Tate Press:
15 pound dumbells W/ bands
3x10-15 dropsets to dumbells
Reverse pushdowns:
2x10-15

The_Beast
07-27-11, 4:49 pm
Sumo Deadlift:
8 warm up sets.
365+200 pounds band tension off 2" box. 1x1
405+200 pounds band tension off 2" box. 1x1
450+200 pounds band tension off 2" box. 1x1
Conventional pull, 500x2 after. (hand was tore up from the 11 sets prior)
SLDL off 2" box:
315x12
315x15
Zercher Squat:
315 2x3
abdominal and oblique work.
Hip Work.
grip training.

1 mile run, with interval training on the second mile.

The_Beast
07-28-11, 12:35 pm
Lat pulldown with green band doubled:
100x8
150x5
180x3, 4. (280-300 total pounds)
Close grip pulldown W/ doubled green band:
100-130 3x8
T-Bar Rows(with 25s)
5 sets total working, about 3-4 sets warm up.
2x8, 3x15 (last set maxed out barbell with 25s and was too easy. other sets had variable tension including 90# of chains and a green band)
Shrugs:
Doubled bands from floor 1x15
135 + doubled pair of bands 1x12
225 + doubled pair of bands 1x8
Standing Cable Abs:
5x20
Dumbell Curls:
5x8 with 60s (cross chest, from start all the way to chin level.)
Seated Calf Raises:
5 sets, slow and controlled. 8-20 reps per set.

Rexor91
07-28-11, 2:45 pm
Whoop there it is!

Rexor91
07-28-11, 2:46 pm
Get that USASOC crap out of your sig bro... c'mon now

The_Beast
07-31-11, 12:54 am
Speed Bench:
185+45 chains 9x3
Dumbell standing push press:
115x5
OH PRESS:
225x1 strict
chins:26/27

Hamstrings/ab day:
done some glute ham raises, properly. 5 sets to failure and beyond, did some negatives on my last two sets.
banded ab work
seated hip flexor work
cable ab work
oblique work
seated calves 2 plates, 5 sets max reps.

Front squat:
warmups 45, 45, 135, 135, 185..
225x1/275x1/300x1/315x1/330x1
Good Morning:
135x3, 135x3 warm ups
225x1
315x2/275x2
Hack squat:
2x3-5
Speed Deadlifts(switched between sumo and conventional each set):
275 10x2 (first five sets, 275+monster mini)(next three sets 275)(final two sets 225)
Cable ab and oblique work. 3 sets each.

The_Beast
08-02-11, 1:50 am
CG Bench W/ Chains:
275x1 W/ 65 pounds chain
310x1 W/ 65 pounds chain, pretty tough at lockout I was seriously hurting from last week.
Floor press:
275x5 w/ chains (very weak, shows you my strength today)
315x1 (usually get this an easy 8 reps)
Overhead very wide grip press:
135 5x3-8
Tate Press:
2x8 40 pound dumbbells
dumbbell curls:
40-15, down the rack-6 reps per set (treated each one like a set)

The_Beast
08-03-11, 2:04 am
Deadlift:
VERY BAD DAY FOR DEADS, back was fried from friday and I didn't expect any serious weight to be handled.
500+chains about 3/4 before I lost my grip-i was using a 30 year old bar it seemed and the knurling was all wore off, almost like gripping glass. couldnt use the good bar, because MMA wannabee's were doing some 135 pound bench presses with them. 405 went up very fast with the chain, but I was very taxed in my lower back. Compared to last week after my heavy deadlifts I still did 500x2 after. I honestly Felt as if I could have pulled 500 easier on a straight leg deadlift than today. 405 was VERY hard on sumo after. I was just all over in shambles.
SLDL:
355x10 (strong compared to last week, but felt heavier off the floor.)
355x3 (with chains), 355x1. (shows you how taxed I was)
Zercher Squat:
385+chain x 1
410+chain x 1 (455 total) (compared to 315x3 last week)
Abdomen and oblique work
Hip Work

2 mile run, 2 mile walk back.

The_Beast
08-03-11, 2:14 am
Overall, you can see I am pretty wore down. Still pushing the limits, making PRs on non-normal lifts. Deload next week, looking forward to that.

The_Beast
08-03-11, 10:14 pm
Manila rope pull ups, 1 1/2":
Wide Grip;
20xbw
8xBW+45#(grip couldn't hold any longer)
3xBW+45#(grip was shot)
Wide Grip W/O manila rope;
6xBW+65#
8xBW+22.5# chain, static holds/5-8 seconds at top.
T-Bar Rows(these were heavy, but really good-clean reps):
3/35's-7/25's(280ish total bar weight)
1x5
1x5(W/ 22.5# chain)
Close Grip Manila Chin ups:
15 reps
8 reps (slow reps with static holds)
Dumbell cross chest hammers:
Went up to 95x5 (right arm)
80x5(left arm) All good form, none of that swinging like an ape.
done some down the rack sets with 50 to 10 pounds after.
Glute Ham Raises:
3 sets, max reps-was dominating, I use forced reps too.
Hanging flutter kicks using manila rope.
Seated Calf Raises 3 sets

The_Beast
08-03-11, 11:59 pm
forgot to add, I did 8 reps easy on my second set of close grip chins after my 8 reps with the manila rope by using the regular chin up points. so 8+8

The_Beast
08-05-11, 2:30 am
1.5 mile run/1.5 mile walk back with sprints.
fairly quick. Was too dehydrated to run the way back, throat was solid dry. Did about 300 meters worth of sprints. Felt good, running is coming slightly easier and i am getting a better feel like I did when I was in active duty for keeping strides. Lower back was fried, glutes/hamstrings were hurting. I am pretty sure once I started running today my muscles sapped all the water from the rest of my body. Hydrated now, was hurting then. Not the best run in the world, probably run three miles on Saturday after legs.

The_Beast
08-17-11, 4:52 pm
Filling in the last few days...
Close grip bench W/ 2 second Pause+chains(#90) 275x1 (without spotter)
Overhead press, 225x1. Push press 275x2
Overhead tricep ext?
Dumbell Cleans 115x3
Seated Dumbell/Cable overhead

The_Beast
08-17-11, 9:33 pm
Straight leg deadlifts:
475+45 chains
Zercher Squat:
435+22.5 chains

highlights from the second day
did lats after was a mistake, should have checked the logs. My grip was so shot and tendons were sore from the deadlifts. made the same mistake last time. Lower back was sore, first real heavy workout after the deload week. I think i'll be good for next week, all the cardio has got my lower back fried. Forgot, ran 2.5 miles yesterday and 2 the day before.