PDA

View Full Version : The Beast Unleashed...

Pages : [1] 2 3

The_Beast
04-13-08, 8:48 am
5ft 9In. 200lbs. 18years old, Senior in Highschool.
Recent Powerlifter, now amature Bodybuilder. One Year, total uninjured time lifting. 6 whole meals a day, with one early AM shake.

PR:500 Deadlift, 365 Benchpress, 500 Squat, 315x9 Smith Shoulder Press.

Love the Lord, Love Bodybuilding, and this is my blog.

Fury317
04-13-08, 9:01 am
Looks like you got your head on straight. Good luck on your journey.

The_Beast
04-13-08, 9:36 am
6 Sets, ATG Squats.
3 Sets including 3 Forced Dropsets, Leg Press.

Well, Killed it for Quads. Drop Sets on Leg Press, I was nearly using all Triceps on these by the last sets trying to help my Quads handle the load at hand. This was one of those days, where I was so focused and Determined to perservere, that I was unleashing a Powerful Vibe to Everyone around that area. I was already, heavy in sweat after Squats, the near death, depth of them was nearly killing me on every Repetition. I nearly took 20 minutes loading up, and setting up a SLDL setup, and ended up not doing it anyways when 5 reps with 315 was difficult from my lower back being destroyed previously. Good day though, by any means.

Boz
04-13-08, 9:40 am
I'm subbed.......

sanga
04-13-08, 9:46 am
Some good weights there too.

The_Beast
04-14-08, 10:56 am
Well, for the Past two days, I've been down with the sickness. A very small case of food Poisoning, last time about 4months ago, it lasted for two weeks. Luckily, Im feeling much better today which is a Relief. Still havent eatin, since 12PM yesterday. Going to Hit up my pectorals, and some Calfs tonight. Stay Tuned.

The_Beast
04-14-08, 10:05 pm
Asked the lord to help me tonight in the Gym, I was feeling Rough, no muscle strength, and running on empty, even after medication my stomach to this moment is giving me horrible Cramps. Sent out a prayer, and it was answered. I rowed through it like any normal performance day (as in dedication wise, not weight wise). One Minute Breaks and the works. Kept it rolling Steady. Wanted to do alittle more on Pectorals, but my main Priority is Triceps. So, Thursday, I want my Close Grip to be at a maximum along with Weighted Dips. Great Pump on Calf Raises, Actually hadto give some time in-between sets, to let them flow down, was really pushing myself on these, Great Form, and a Great amount of Reps.

Flat Bench Press: Two Initial Warmup Sets, Four Working Sets, Ranging from 315-225.
Machine Incline Press:Four working sets, Including two Dropsets.
Smith Machine Incline Barbell: Three Working Sets, Dropsets included. Range 235-185.
Leg Press Calf Raises: One initial Warmup, Five Working Sets. 20-30 Repetitions, 3-5 Plates.

The_Beast
04-15-08, 9:56 pm
5 Sets, Leg Press Calf Raises. 3-6 plates. 20-30 Reps.
3 Sets, Alternative Seated Calf Raises. 3 plates. (While waiting for the pretty boys that do nothing but Half Assed Cable Fly's to leave the Chin Station, Its on the Multi-Cable Machine. So, Yes, I did call three weeks in Advance.)

Weighted Wide Grip Chinups. 45LB+BW, 5/8-12 Rep Sets. Included, Bodyweight forced sets.
Barbell Rows. 225x12x3, 275x8x1. (not much weight, hands were ripped/blown out)
T-Bar Rows:3-4 Plates, 2x8/15. (Hands, giving me trouble. Really Focusing on Form, like usual.)

Tried my Barbell Curls, 145lbs were intensily Easy, but my wrists started tearing with pain again on my 8-9th rep. havnt worked out biceps in 2.5-3 months for that reason. Working on my 185 Average Barbell Curls or even 135lbs for 30, next week like previously before.

To Finish it off,
2 Sets Standing Calf Raises, Machine. 250lbs. 15-20 Reps.

Then I was out. Good Day. Trained with my Friend, so went alot better than usual. Like training with him, but his job makes it near impossible with his work hours. Im Leaving work, when He is usually going to work. But Im going to call it a night. Stay Strong Bro's.

The_Beast
04-16-08, 1:25 pm
Went to School this morning, walked out of my first period before class started and drove back home to throw up, and the like. Rough, could be the least to describe myself this morning. Still down with the sickness, even after feeling "alright" yesterday. Im feeling better now though, after 3hrs of sleep and alittle nutrtition.. Hopefully, With the Good Lords Help I will be alive and well, for my Heavy Tricep and Deltoid Training tomorrow. Food Poisoning, no way around it. Off to work. Stay Strong.

The_Beast
04-18-08, 6:19 am
Went to the gym, lifted on some shoulder press and close grip. After one set on each, I just went on to calfs. My Tendons are soo destroyed from my back day, I could barely pick up the 45. 185 on the Seated Barbell Shoulder press felt like 275. 225 on the close grip was feeling like 315. So, end of story, I couldnt properly focus on the muscle group at hand when I was like this.

Seated Calf Raise:
1 initial warmup, 5 sets. 90,90,115,105,90. 10-20 Rep Scheme.

Thrawn
04-18-08, 6:39 am
Went to the gym, lifted on some shoulder press and close grip. After one set on each, I just went on to calfs. My Tendons are soo destroyed from my back day, I could barely pick up the 45. 185 on the Seated Barbell Shoulder press felt like 275. 225 on the close grip was feeling like 315. So, end of story, I couldnt properly focus on the muscle group at hand when I was like this.

I know what you mean. Been so fatiqued from my mondays legs and chest session that i was just not able to keep rythm and form. 120kg deadlifts made my head spin because i had rubber legs to work with. Think you made a wise decision on focussing on other parts. I decided to grind it out but it did not make for a great workout.
Keep going strong, Beast!

The_Beast
04-18-08, 4:32 pm
I know what you mean. Been so fatiqued from my mondays legs and chest session that i was just not able to keep rythm and form. 120kg deadlifts made my head spin because i had rubber legs to work with. Think you made a wise decision on focussing on other parts. I decided to grind it out but it did not make for a great workout.
Keep going strong, Beast!

Thanks for your support brother. When I workout, Focus, Form, along with Heavy Poundages are everything. If I miss out on even one in the Mix, my Mind-Muscle connection is ruined. Well, Time for alittle Meal. Good Lifting to you also Friend. Stay Strong.

The_Beast
04-20-08, 8:22 pm
What can I say, I did work...
Old School Training, for Some Old School Results.

My MP3 Today..
Chimaria "Powertrip"
Rob Zombie "Devil Man"
Seether "Out of my way"
Drowning Pool "Bodies"

Now, for my workout.

Squats ATG:
5x135, 2x225, 5x315, 2x365, 5x335, 5x315, 295x4, 275x8, 1x225(Stretch)

Leg Press: (Both Forced Sets)
8 plates total, 15-20
6 Plates total, 15-20

Olympic Barbell Curls:
135x5
155x5
165x5
185x5(dropset, 135x10)
155x5(dropset, 135x08)

Seated DB Curls:
30lbs 3x10-15

Laying DB Curls:
30lbs 3x8-15

''''Forced Superset''''
Incline Calf Raise/Seated Calf Raise:
6 plates total, 3x12-20
2 plates total, 3x8-15

The_Beast
04-21-08, 9:46 pm
The Theme tonight, was total domination for my Chest and Calfs. Was feeling my Front Delts, and Traps from my Bicep session yesterday, First in months I might add. That wasnt going to stop me. Well, Time to get to the main event. Pure Hardcore Training by myself like usual, Heavy Weight, but with Great Form to match.

Two Variation Seated Calf Raises/Leg Press Calf Raises. (Super Tri-Set.)
Seated Raise-6 plates total
Seated Raise-2 plates total
Leg Press Raises-6 plates total
3x10-20/Supersets.

Flat Benchpress(Dropsets):
135x5
225x1
315x1-295x1-275x1.
275x4-295x1.
275x4-225x4.
275x2-225x4.
275x2-225x2.

Dumbell Incline Press:
75(2)x10
75(2)x8
75(2)x4 (This shows you, how much Fibers I recruited on my previous sets.)

Incline Machine Press:
2 Plates, 3 Sets. To Failure.

Single Arm Pec Deck:
120x15.
110x15.
100x15.

Machine Standing Calf Raise(dropsets:
190/150 1x10-20.
180/140 1x10-20.
170/130 1x10-20.

The_Beast
04-24-08, 6:22 am
Trained with one of my Friends. Avid lifter like myself, just schedule's keep us apart.
Well, What can I say, to meet his needs, I went in on a day when my delts and traps, along with quads/biceps/pectorals, well...Every muscle group was shot to do delts and calfs. But dozed through it like nothin'. Poundages were lower than usual, but still decent. Awesome Workout.

Tri-Power Killer Calf Mix(triple superset)
Two Seated Variations, along with a Leg Press Calf Raise.
3x10-20. 2, 6, & 8 Plates total (diffrent machines).

Seated Barbell:225x7, 185x12, 185x10, 185x6, 135x15.
Push Press:135x3, 215x5, 225x5.
DB Military Press(Quad Drop Sets):60/45/30/25 2x8-15 "failure"
Single Arm Seated Side laterals:25lbs 2x8-15
Reverse pec-deck:2x15, low weight+perfect form=Awesome Rear Delt Pump.

Thrawn
04-24-08, 9:09 am
Way to go, man! Killed those delts!

The_Beast
04-24-08, 5:07 pm
Way to go, man! Killed those delts!

I try bro, Thanks.

The_Beast
04-27-08, 6:00 am
Well, Legs today. (yesterday)
6 Sets ATG Squats
3 Sets ATG Hacksquat, with Forced Reps.
4 Sets Barbell Calf Raises. 20 reps.

Went to Grad Bash at Universal. Worked out at 9-11AM Saturday morning, left for orlando at around 3:15PM that day. Just got home at 5:30AM on SUNDAY. Wow, what an insane night. My legs are busted.

The_Beast
04-28-08, 4:39 pm
I will be in the Army, in less than two months. On my way to Ranger School after training. With the Lords help, he will bless me in my travels along that wild ride.

The_Beast
04-28-08, 8:47 pm
Well, Went to the Gym today. Couldnt even lift 315 on the benchpress, went 3/4 way up with alot of strain from the rotator. Abandoned it right then and there, no reason to hurt myself again. was alittle dissapointed because I do it every week literally with ease. Im still shooken' up from that insane Grad Bash party, and I feel that was the cause of it. All In All, didnt lift except for Four Sets of Leg Press Calf Raises, with 10 Plates total for 20 reps. Went running, for cardiovascular instead. Lifting will now be three days a week and Cardio four. Ill post the new schedule on wednesday.

The_Beast
04-30-08, 10:12 pm
Ran 4 miles, Up-Down hill in around 40 minutes. 10 minute miles average. (that was including a 3 minute halftime break.) Still alittle slow. But hey, at 5ft 9" 200lbs, and not doing cardio since summer. Im doing pretty well. Im in great shape, dont get me wrong, just not cardiovascular wise. yet.

On another note. Took my Asvab for the U.S. Army today. Scored a 67. Not the Highest Score Obviously, but not taking or even looking at any type of Math or Science in a year, its decent. Anything above a 50 is pretty good. My job aplication, Army Ranger. Im waiting currently for a position to open, in the Infantry Division. Im not signing, unless I get that I will be attending the Ranger school (trying out) after basic in my contract. So, all in all, im training like a fucking man on a mission.

The_Beast
05-02-08, 11:40 pm
"Line in the sand."-Motorhead

Worked out Deltoids, Triceps, Biceps, and Calfs today. My wrist is still giving me a shitload of trouble. Havent been able to do heavy Barbell Curls for a while, which is really getting to me. Other than that, workout was great. My diet and Nutrition, staple, is that I prefer to eat all carbs during the early to mid day. (Before 4PM) so, these workouts, are still killing it even without a considerable amount of energy to go off on. All done in around 45 minutes, just simple, heavy, serious training.

Seated Calf Raises:
4 Sets, 2 Plates, 8-12 Reps.

Push Press:
135x5
225x1
275x3(225x1)---New PR for this Excersise, 3rd Time doing them.
225x5
185x12

Close Grip Benchpress:
135x5
225x3
275x1(225x5)
245x3(225x2)

Smith Machine Shoulder Press:
225x15
225x10

Single Arm Dumbell Curls:
Two Sets, Down-Up the Rack. "35-5-35". 5-12 Rep Range on Each.

Tricep V-Bar Pushdown, Machine Dip Superset:
1st Set.
80x12
275x8

2nd Set.
80x8
200x15

Thrawn
05-03-08, 5:45 am
Nice going, Beast! Maybe try Animal Flex for your wrist. Had that problem too for a while and Flex took care of it within days. Most underrated supp imo.
Keep at it, looking good!

The_Beast
05-03-08, 7:14 am
Nice going, Beast! Maybe try Animal Flex for your wrist. Had that problem too for a while and Flex took care of it within days. Most underrated supp imo.
Keep at it, looking good!

Thanks man, I'll take that into consideration. Stay Strong.

The_Beast
05-03-08, 2:03 pm
"My Sweet Shadow."-In Flames.

Time to log in again. Leg, abs, and calf Day. Damn, I'm Tired. 85* Florida Weather, with 100% Humidity doesn't help either. Just for the Record, all my Squat Numbers might seem low. Thats because I actually Squat low. Its not a Recorded Rep, Unless its below 90*, rock bottom. I was squatting 405 for 8-12, above parrallel (regular persons squat) if that tells you anything. My workouts might seem, Un-Characteristic because Im Training for what Im Doing. Army Infantry, Then, On to Airborne/Ranger School. Im doing alot of Cardio, so Breaking up my Hamstrings and Quads completely is out of the question.

Barbell Squats:
135x5
225x3
315x5
275x8
275x8

*The Next Three Were Supersetted with each other.*
Incline BW Abs:
2 Sets, 100 Reps Total.

Calf Raise, Seated:
2 plates, 2 sets, 20 reps.

Calf Raise, Incline Seated:
4 plates, 2 sets, 20 reps.

Stairclimber:
10 Minutes, decent pace. Looked like I was in the sauna after this.

4 Mile Urban Run:
In a Longsleeve, Rested after two miles. damn it was hot.

The_Beast
05-04-08, 12:00 pm
2 Mile Speed Run, 2.25 Mile Speed Walk. 7AM.

I am now realizing, that I also, need to start Swimming. 15Mtrs(45ft), Full BDU, Boots, and Weaponry for "RIP". Im not an Avid swimmer and Never was. The last time I went swimming, I was alittle Winded at around 40-45ft with just myself. Damn. this sucks. Hopefully, No Cardio, to a vary Intense level of Cardiovascular health will change all that. In which it should. I have only ran, 4 times, and im already showing a vast improvement in speed and cardio endurance. Lords giving me a good sign.

The_Beast
05-04-08, 8:56 pm
2.0 Mile Run.
1.5 Mile Walk.

The_Beast
05-05-08, 6:28 pm
Purchased around 25lbs of meat at the Navy Base, then headed out alittle later to Camp Blanding, for alittle more training.

1 Mile, Interval Training Run to warm up, then...
45Min's worth of Swim Training at the lake. Bodybuilding, and Swimming dont mix, I can tell you that. My delts looked like cannon balls hanging off of my shoulders, after about 25 meters of swimming they were so pumped and exhuasted.

Damn, too much cardio. Time for a 3 day break and start it all over again.

Thrawn
05-06-08, 3:34 am
LOL! You give yourself a good beating with the cardio, bro! When do you hit the weights again?

The_Beast
05-06-08, 5:02 pm
To answer your Question, Im hitting the weights tomorrow.
Some, Flat Benchpress, Squat, and alittle Barbell Shoulder Press.

AFTER, a few hours at the lake again. Swim training, lol.

Right now, Im leaving for MEPS for my Physical. Sign in tomorrow, to tell you how it went bro.

Thrawn
05-07-08, 3:27 am
To answer your Question, Im hitting the weights tomorrow.
Some, Flat Benchpress, Squat, and alittle Barbell Shoulder Press.

AFTER, a few hours at the lake again. Swim training, lol.

Right now, Im leaving for MEPS for my Physical. Sign in tomorrow, to tell you how it went bro.

Nice, bro. Will be checking in. Keep up the work!

The_Beast
05-07-08, 5:32 pm
You know what happened bro.
Im now, Not-Able to join any combat, or nearly any Job in the U.S. Army, for as they say Im legally Color Blind. I think I would personally know If I was even the shy-est bit color blind after 18years, but hey, I guess not. They said, they may be able to make an exemption for this to be able to go into infantry, but Even if I was to become a Army Ranger afterwords and pass all my schooling, I couldnt see any combat situations with this disorder. a 5ft 7In. 200lb Bodybuilder, in nearly perfect health, Cannot get a job, that a 250lb Computer Slob, that barely passed the asvab with a 32 can recieve. Thats a Fucked up world.

But enough with the Remorse. Time for more training. Log in later tonight.

Thrawn
05-08-08, 3:41 am
That SUCKS, man.
I know about colorblind, tho. I have a very very mild form of it. I am partially colorblind in the blue/green region. But it did not bother the military enough over here, got into the Dutch marines no problemo...

The_Beast
05-08-08, 10:56 pm
"Out of my way"-Seether.

Deltoid and Alittle Biceps. Felt really weak on delts, I know I could press more next week. Also a 250lb 6ft 2. 62yr old (dont let the age fool you) bodybuilder came up and talked to me, wanting to know information about me. This is the biggest guy currently at my gym, wanting to know how old I was, and the like. Mainly, for as he never see's anyone with my strength and form. who knows, but it really made my night. He felt I could go far in bodybuilding, stating I had a great physique and great natural strength. But, onto other things non gym related.

Just been really upset lately. Im To the point, where I'm about to go ballistic on my parents for their attitude toward me. They feel that, it doesnt matter about my goals and dreams in life, all that matters is what they care about and what they desire. The only thing my mother will recieve this mothers day, is a signed contract stating I will be out of the states for the next four years. I will not let anyone stand in the way, of my dreams and what I want to accomplish in this life. I will never be another person fufilled with what if's, or the like. Well, enough about that. Damn, Im stressed out. So, Here is the workout.

Push Military Press, Barbell:
135x5
225x1
275x5
225x15

Barbell Curls:
135x15 (easy, with perfect form)
'couldnt go any more, wrists started giving me trouble.'

Seated Side Laterals:
30x15
30x10(25x8)
25x12(20x8)

Military Press Machine--all with forced ending reps addition--:
180 x12
150 x8
120 x8

leaning single arm dumbell curl:
30x15
30x15

The_Beast
05-10-08, 10:20 am
Looks like now, after Graduation..
Im joining the Fire Acadamy, along with taking EMT.
Fireman, is the only other job I could ever picture myself doing.

Mentally. The Military, or anyone ever telling me no, you can never, and will never do something because of that B.S. about my vision is taking its toll. Only because, there is nothing physically or emotionally I can do to change me being partially colorblind. When you lose out on a dream, it hurts. doesnt matter how much it ment to you. Its just hard to face the cold hard truth sometimes.

The_Beast
05-11-08, 1:31 pm
Calf training in the AM, Went for Abs also, but had a very sharp pain in the lower portion so went on the safe side and stayed away from them.

Seated Calf Raise, Standing calf Raise superset:
2plates, 6 plates. 20, 15. 3 sets of each back to back.

Leg Press Calf Raises:
3(6) plates x 20.
4(8) plates x 20.
5(10) plates x 15-20.
5(10) plates x 15-20.
4(8) plates x 20.
3(6) plates x 20.

The_Beast
05-13-08, 8:40 pm
Calf Training, Dual Superset Seated.
4 plates, 2 plates. 20 Reps, 3 sets each.

Bench Press:
315x1
275x4
275x3/225x3

Barbell curls, and Dumbell Curls.

(Worked out with a friend, and just was swinging through just a few things to get him started.)

The_Beast
05-13-08, 9:00 pm
#1 "Chest/lats"
Flat Benchpress ;5
Incline Benchpress ;3
Wide Grip Weighted Pullups ;5
Barbell Rows ;3
Incline/Flat Dumbell Press ;2
Close Grip Pullups/Close Grip Rows ;2
Calfs ;5

#2 "Deltoids/Cardio"
Barbell Push Press ;5
Seated Shoulder Press ;3
Upright Rows ;3
Side Laterals ;3
25 Minutes Cardio.
Calfs ;5

#3 "Triceps/Biceps"
Close Grip Benchpress ;3
Barbell Curls ;5
Weighted Dips ;3
Dumbell Curls ;5
V-bar pushdowns ;3
Machine Curls ;3
Machine Dips ;3
Calfs ;5

#4 "Legs/abs/cardio"
Squats ;5
Leg Press ;5
Weighted Abs ;3
Machine Abs ;3
Cardio 25 minutes.
Calfs ;5

Thrawn
05-14-08, 3:46 am
Interesting split. Curious how it will work out for you!

The_Beast
05-14-08, 8:36 pm
Im making a few diffrent splits, to get alittle anticipation on what I enjoy the most. This split it similiar to a powerlifting split, but with more of a bodybuilding mix. To get the most out of Strength and Muscle Size. 8 Sets for Primary Workout, 3 for secondary's. Im not showing the Rep Scheme or Secondary's because I will choose them on a day, to day basis. But the primary's will always stay the same. Old school is the name of the game here. And Yes, I am a Reg Park fan if you were wondering.

Barbell Shoulder Press
Weighted Dips

Barbell Squats
Weighted Chins

Flat Barbell Benchpress
Barbell Curls

The_Beast
05-15-08, 10:07 pm
Whoa. The "Power Split" took me down, alittle modified from the original, but it worked out flawless. Triceps, Still not fully there, and Delts were still wasted from mondays bench, but rocked it anyways. Two Hour Session, with around 1-2 minutes in-between sets on average. Let me give you the Run-Down on how everything went.

Barbell Standing Shoulder Press:
135x5.
225x15.
275x5.
225x15.
225x15.

Calf Raises, Leg press machine:
6P x 20.
8P x 20.
10P x 20.
8P x 20.
6P x 35.

Weighted Dips:
2P x 5.
2P x 8.
2P x 8.

French Presses (Incline Close Grip Skull Crushers):
135x12.
135x10.
135x5.

Seated Calf Machine:
190x20.
230x20.
230x20.

Smith Machine Shoulder Press:
135x5.
185x12.
185x10.

Seated Side Laterals:
25x15.----15x10.
25x12.----15x8.

Rear Delts Laterals:
25x12.
25x8.

Lightweight Lat Pulldown Pushdowns, Cable:
100x15.
150x15.
150x15.

Thrawn
05-16-08, 3:30 am
That is a lot of load, bro! Insane =)

The_Beast
05-16-08, 7:47 am
That is a lot of load, bro! Insane =)

Your telling me bro, I even had alittle more Calfs to do, in terms of 3-4 more sets, and alittle more Triceps, but the place was closing. 9PM was the Deadline, started at 6:45PM. Finished around 8:55PM.

SizeMatters
05-16-08, 11:40 am
hey duide i just cought up on your journey and im sorry to hear abotu the vision thing....im just curious are your calves growing i mean it seems leik u train them everyday... mine suck personally so im loking for a new approach...and btw was that a typo or did i see 185 on barbell curls?!?!? and 135 for 30? imo thats probably one if the strongest bb curls of anyone under 20 natural or not (and its obv ur natural)

let me know whats up

-SizeMatterS

The_Beast
05-16-08, 1:31 pm
hey duide i just cought up on your journey and im sorry to hear abotu the vision thing....im just curious are your calves growing i mean it seems leik u train them everyday... mine suck personally so im loking for a new approach...and btw was that a typo or did i see 185 on barbell curls?!?!? and 135 for 30? imo thats probably one if the strongest bb curls of anyone under 20 natural or not (and its obv ur natural)

let me know whats up

-SizeMatterS

Well, I've noticed a noticable diffrence in the past 2 months I've been training them this way, especially on the amount of weight I can drill, with great form on my sessions for calfs. So, Yes. Arnold was the one who brought me to the conclusion, when I was reading his article's along with Reg Park's that you need to train them atleast 4 Days a Week for maximum Growth and Size. Recovery is phenominal, believe it or not, doing it that way also.

Yeah bro. Came along way though with the Biceps. If you want to know about my old routine, shoot me a PM. Or wait till' next' monday-tuesday for my Chest/Bicep day. Right now, Im off to work. Stay Strong.

SizeMatters
05-16-08, 11:04 pm
no doubt im subbed ill be checking back on the regular

The_Beast
05-17-08, 9:43 am
no doubt im subbed ill be checking back on the regular

I'll keep you filled in big fella. Squat, and lat/trap day today. Still Feeling torn up, the sore tendons along with trashed delts are still reakin' havoc on my body. Going to tear it up regardless. I'll be back with the daily report later today. Stay tuned.

The_Beast
05-17-08, 1:28 pm
Happily Awaiting for the Charcoal to simmer down on the Grill, ready to cook some of the necessary daily meats of the Valley. As I'm sitting here I thought I might chime in on my daily Diet and Nutrition. Im not going to sit here, and tell you I eat the Exact same meals day in and day out, and all that bullshit. That would be ludicrous and misleading. I eat, "Around" the same meals, day in and day out, but thats only natural for me.

In the Early Morning I eat around One Cup of Oats or a Bowl of Raisin Brand Cereal, along with a Protien Shake and a glass of pure 100% whole milk.

During my Fourth Period, or 10AM, I eat another meal consisting of usually poultry or steak. It could be Two Half Pound Chicken breast, or a Pound to a pound and a Quarter of Steak. All depending on the amount available I leave in the fridge, the day before. This is my left-over-carry-over meal.

At 11:45AM, I go and eat the school lunch, which consist of 6 Chicken Nuggets, a Scoop of Box Mashed Potato's with Gravy, vegetables, a Whole Wheat Roll, and a Bottle of Milk or Water.

11:45AM-4:15PM. Nothing.

4:45PM, Im home and am Ready to eat before the Gym. I usually consume the most of my calories at this meal. It Varies day by day, but if I can help it, I dont leave out with atleast a pound of meat, glass of whole milk, and some carbs before I head out.

8-9PM, Im home. I grab some more meat, eat another meal, and im off to sleep to start it all over again tomorrow.

The_Beast
05-17-08, 8:13 pm
Destruction happened tonight, in its purest form. Quad and Lat Day, Running on Fumes. No carbohydrate, or pre-workout meal for the two hour dual. It was hard, but I managed.

Below Parallel Squats:
135x5
225x2
315x5
315x5
315x3
225x5

Seated Calf Raises:
1P x 15.
2P x 30.
3P x 20.
3P x 20.
2P x 30.

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups:
BW x 5
BW x 5
45LB/BW x 10
35LB/BW x 8
25LB/BW x 5---BW x 5
BW x 12

Knees to Pecs, Leg Press:
8PT x 8.
10PT x 8(3 forced Reps).

Seated Dual Carrier Calf Raise:
4PT x 20.
4PT x 25.
4PT x 35.

Lightweight Barbell Rows:
135 x 10.
225 x 10.
225 x 15.

Close Grip Pullups:
2 Sets, 6-10 reps.

The_Beast
05-20-08, 9:40 pm
Today was a good day overall, except my Delts, Biceps, and Triceps were still torn up after nearly a week of recovery, especially my Biceps and Deltoids they were nearly broken into peices. Diet and Nutrition, along with 8-10hrs of sleep a night are all there. Im guessing that my Volume was alittle out of control last week. This week, I'll tone it down alittle bit. Remember, Im just testing the waters. It really cooked into my workout, from my heavy bench to barbell curls, I was working with poor maintained equipment.

Flat Benchpress:
135x5, 225x1.
315x1.
335x0.
275x4.
265x3.
225x12

Leg Press Calf Raises:
3P x 20.
4P x 20.
5P x 20.

Olympic Barbell Curls:
95x5
95x5 (Warmups)
185x4.
145x15.
145x10.
145x15 (DS 95x15)

Incline Benchpress:
185x15.
185x12.
185x12.

Leg Press Calf Raises:
5P x 20.
5P x 20.
5P x 20.

Seated Dumbell Curls:
30 x 15.
30 x 15.

Cable "21s"
100 x 21.
100 x 21.

Believe it or not, I was completely wasted after this. My Biceps, and nearly all secondary muscle groups were shot. My Pectorals, never even got the Hint of Exhuastion. It was all my Delts, they nearly ripped my shirt they were so pumped. Damn. Next week will be better. Now its time to think about this weeks, Deltoid and Tricep workout. Rise and Shine.

The_Beast
05-20-08, 9:47 pm
This is a modded routine for 5.23.08, 5.25.08, and 5.28.08. for Maximum recovery and performance.

Main Primary Compound:
5 Sets.

Secondary Compound:
3 Sets.

Secondary Compound to Benifit Primary:
2 Sets.

Secondary Compound to benifit Secondary:
3 Sets.

Calfs:
5-10 Sets.

The_Beast
05-22-08, 5:04 pm
I was just thinking. I love pushing big weight around. Why am I not doing some of my oldschool Westside Powerlifting Routines. Well. I am. Starting tomorrow. Here is tomorrow's workout.

DE Benchpress:
8x3, 60% Max.

Barbell Shoulder Press:
5x5-8.

Weighted Dips:
5x3-5.

Skullcrushers:
3x3-8.

Calfs:
5/10x12-20.

The_Beast
05-23-08, 10:04 pm
DE Bench, Deltoid, and Tricep Day.
I did some speed bench today, along with some band work and it was something else. I could never have thought that 175 pounds would be difficult on the flat bench but it surely was. Overall everything went well. Shoulders could have been better, but its all good in the neighborhood. Time to hit the sack. later on.

DE Flat Bench "Speed Bench":
135 x 5
175 x 3
175 x 3
175 x 3
155 x 3
155 x 3
145 x 3
135 x 3
135 x 3

Hack Squat Calf Raises:
8TP x 3 Sets x 20 reps.

Push Press:
135 x 5
225 x 1
315 x 1
275 x 5
225 x 12

Weighted Dips:
BW x 5.
2P x 8.
3P x 5.
3P x 1.

Leg Press Calf Raises:
8PT x 3 Sets x 20/40 Reps.

EZ-BAR Skull Crushers, Incline:
95 x 15.
115 x 12.
135 x 10.

Flat Bench, Dumbell Tricep Extensions, "Band" Work:
20(+Band) x 30.
20(+Band) x 35.
30(+Band) x 30.

Machine Seated Calf Raises:
150 x 15.
150 x 20.
150 x 30.

The_Beast
05-24-08, 2:45 pm
Quad, Hamstring, and Bicep Day. Terminated it.
Song of the day "The Flame" by Chimaira. Hit alot of PRs today, mainly on my Squat Repetitions with 315 and my Barbell Curls. My Wrist feels great today, the heavy shoulder pressing has really made it increase its overall strength, and I'm now able to workout biceps again.

Full Below Parralell Squats:
135 x 5.
315 x 12.(PR)
315 x 4.(Hit Bottom Pin in Squat rack on way up)
315 x 8.
295 x 8.

Seated Calf Raises:
2P x 15.
2P(25) x 15.
2P(25) x 15.
2P(25) x 15.

Olympic Barbell Curls:
45 x 5.
135 x 5.
185 x 8.(PR)
155 x 15.
135 x 15.

Seated Single Arm Dumbell Curls:
30 x 15.
DS 30 x 15. (15x15)
DS 30 x 15. (15x15)(10x15)

Straight Leg Deads:
135 x 5.
225 x 20.
275 x 9(Hit Rack, lost grip)
315 x 5.

Thrawn
05-25-08, 6:47 am
Looks like you are doing aaaalllright, bro! Hitting a lot of Pr's. Thats a good thing =) Congrats, man!!

The_Beast
05-27-08, 10:50 pm
Whoa. 202.5 Pounds on the Scale today, looks like I'm moving on up at my staggering Hieght of Five foot Seven. Not too bad, if you ask me.

Had a Great Session today, Hit some PR's. Did some switching. Westside (powerlifting), is my tool for the next few months, so lets see how the numbers are going to start looking.

Leg Press Calf Raises:
5P x 20.
6P x 20.
7P x 20.
8P x 18.

Flat Benchpress:
45 x 15.
135 x 5.
225 x 1.
315 x 2.
275 x 2. (225 x 5.)
225 x 12. (WIDE GRIP.)

Barbell Rows:
315 x 5.
315 x 5.
315 x 5. (225 x 5.)

Dumbell Flat Benchpress:
110(2) x 10.
110(2) x 6.

Cable Machine Seated Rows:
220 x 5.
260 x 5.
300 x 5. (stacked out machine)

Overall good day. Did some more Calfs, but not enough to be noted. Two sets on the seated with 2 plates for 15 Reps. First time doing Dumbell Flat Bench, and got some good weight with it even after my barbell.

SizeMatters
05-27-08, 11:00 pm
oh baby 315x2 someone was feeling strong dont u usually jsut hit it once? lol guess someone had a good day...i stole your warmups of the bar for 15 and then 135 once 225 once and then on to my working sets i like it alot....ps i was reading whats your saying abotu this westside style...now im basically maintaining for the summer right now im abbout 13% bf right now but id love to incorprate some of your techniques...

The_Beast
05-28-08, 10:39 am
oh baby 315x2 someone was feeling strong dont u usually jsut hit it once? lol guess someone had a good day...i stole your warmups of the bar for 15 and then 135 once 225 once and then on to my working sets i like it alot....ps i was reading whats your saying abotu this westside style...now im basically maintaining for the summer right now im abbout 13% bf right now but id love to incorprate some of your techniques...

I did, I felt really good. I work out alone now, my workout partner for a total of two weeks bailed on me. "the Unmotivated, the Weak." Brings back old memories.

All In All without getting into a big discussion, Tricep Strength and Bar speed are my current objectives to reaching 315 pounds for 10-12 repetitions on the benchpress, naturally. When I get there, I will be set to roll apon my next goal.

Fridays workout:
ME Dumbell Shoulder Press.
DE Flat Bench.
JM Presses.
ME Weighted Dips.
Skull Crushers.

Saturdays Workout:
ME Deadlifts.
Olympic Barbell Curls.
Dumbell Curls.
Rack Pulls.

Next Tuesdays ME BENCH Workout:
ME Close Grip Benchpress.
Weighted Chins.
ME Dumbell Incline Press.
Seated Lat Pull Machine.
and Calfs ofcourse, like always.

Wish me luck on this journey, im going to need it.

Thrawn
05-28-08, 3:02 pm
Good luck then, brother =)
Although i dont think you need it. You got determination and strength. That should get you through it all.

The_Beast
05-30-08, 5:48 pm
"Took it Easy."

Listened to my body, and my Deltoids just needed a break. All I can say, is that it is three hours later and my triceps are already in shock. BTW I graduate Highschool Tonight.

DE Flat Benchpress:
45 x 5, 135 x 5.
185 x 3.
185 x 3.
185 x 3.
185 x 3.
185 x 3.
175 x 3.
175 x 3.
175 x 3.
175x 3.

Tate Press/Flat Skullcrusher Superset:
40(2) x 15
125 x 10.

40(2) x 15
125 x 6.

40(2) x 20

Flat Benchpress Lockouts in Power Rack, 50% Full motion:
135 x 5.
225 x 8.
275 x 5.

Machine Dips:
200 x 15.
200 x 15.
200 x 18.

The_Beast
06-01-08, 7:36 pm
Did pretty decent today. Havn't deadlifted in months, yet still pulled 500lbs pretty easily. Who knows what I could do with straps, atleast 50lbs more.

"Raw" Deadlifts:
135 x 5
225 x 1
315 x 1
500 x 1
455 x 1
315 x 5

Olympic Barbell Curls:
45 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 10(PR)
175 x 8
155 x 12
135 x 5(stretch)

Lying Curls:
30 x 15.
Seated Curls:
30 x 20.
40 x 15.

Leg Press Calfs W/ Grip Work:
5P x 20
5P x 20
Various Grip Work, 20Reps/20 Sec. Hold. 3 Sets.

Mizzarler
06-01-08, 7:44 pm
nice pull on the 500, did you say "raw" cause you were wearing a belt or something?

The_Beast
06-01-08, 8:39 pm
nice pull on the 500, did you say "raw" cause you were wearing a belt or something?

No, I don't ever use a belt nor straps. I just wanted to make it clear, because most people conclude that everyone uses one now regardless of what lift.

Thrawn
06-02-08, 4:20 am
NICE going, man! 500 raw is impressive!

The_Beast
06-02-08, 8:44 am
NICE going, man! 500 raw is impressive!

Not Really. When I havn't deadlifted but once in around 8-9months. 600lbs wouldn't even be a problem once I give this lift the attention it needs.

The_Beast
06-06-08, 3:38 pm
Tried for my usual ,Chest and lat session but my tendons were blown out. Quit it early, did alittle calf and some close grip. The weight felt like a boulder on top of me, enough for me to leave out after this.

Seated Calf Raises:
3P/2 Sets, 20 Reps.

CGBP:
135x5
225x1
275x1
275x2
225x12

Thrawn
06-06-08, 4:30 pm
Sometimes that is the hardest, but the smartest thing to do. If it just isn't there, it's better to try and do better next time. No use in getting injured on a total off-day.
Smart thinking, brother!

The_Beast
06-06-08, 8:29 pm
Thanks Thrawn. Your body tells you definitely whats up sometimes, if you know what i mean.

Today was great, one of those days, totally focused and pure animal.
Deltoids, are giving me a feeling to let them rest for a few weeks since I have pushed them soo hard for the past two months getting tremendous gains. Did a few smith machine shoulder presses, but not enough to be noted. There just wiped out in my oppinion. Minor stimulation will be brought to this muscle group for the next two weeks, minimum. Well, enough small talk, here is the workout fella's.

"DE" CGBP:
135x3
185 x 3
185 x 3
185 x 3
185 x 3
185 x 3
175 x 3
175 x 3
175 x 3
175 x 3

Weighted Dips:
125+BW x 8
125+BW x 5

"SS" Seated Calf Raises:
2P x 20/6P x 20
2P x 20/6P x 20
2P x 30/6P x 20

JM DB press:
35 x 15
35 x 25

Lat Bar Kneeling Pressdowns:
50 x 12
80 x 15
80 x 20

The_Beast
06-07-08, 9:39 pm
Worked it. Hips were exhuasted, skipped out on squats. No way I could drop below parrallel with blown out hips. Biceps, had a great workout even though my delts are still troubling me.

Olympic Barbell Curls:
45 x 10.
135 x 30. (could have gotten a few more, just wanted to save it.)
135 x 12. (Biceps were too pumped to continue)

Seated alternate dumbell curls:
35 x 15.
35 x 15.

Single Arm Concentration Curls:
35 x 15.
35 x 20.

Cable Close Grip, leaning curls:
50 x 2 x 15.

Thrawn
06-08-08, 5:41 am
Great workouts, brother! Keep it going here, you seem to be right on track!

The_Beast
06-08-08, 9:58 am
I've been derailed for the past 50 mile's brother, haha.

SizeMatters
06-08-08, 11:07 pm
just checkin up on you beast...numbers look great as usual...hows the diet?

The_Beast
06-09-08, 8:46 am
Size, well Diet in my terms is "Total Nutrition". Im not going to Bullshit with you, Sometime's I do enjoy alittle outings for some Fried Fish, or alittle' Country BBQ All-You-Can-Eat Buffet. The main thing I try to accomplish is getting my Main 3-4 Meals in, and then, getting a few meals of my choice in (Maybe a boal of cereal, Sandwich, etc.) Yet, my usual "cut and dry" Diet and Nutrition consists of this:

Grade A Large Eggs (Usually just cracked into a glass, drinking them on the spot.)
Red Meat or Poultry. (2LBs Red Meat or 3 Chicken Breasts)
Some Cornbread, Rice, Beans, or Green's.
100% Whole Milk.
Tap Water.

Yeah its Basic. So are my Lifts. So is my Style. This diet, is something I can always live with. Isn't that the meaning for are so called "diet", a Lifestyle change. Well, thats exactly what I'm doing, changing my life through size and strength. I've always taken a Multivitamin or a few supplements up until now, but at my age and health have never really noticed any diffrence in performance when I got off of them. "Supplements" are exactly what they are, a Supplementation to a Poor Diet and Nutritional Plan.

SizeMatters
06-09-08, 10:52 am
god my man i havent heard a more ture saying in a WHILEEEE...ill be honest with you for the first 2 years of my lifting i was doign it all wrong too many supps no enough food... ive been using the KISS technique and shits been working out ...animalpak...whey protein casien and gluscosemine and chondrotion for the bad joints i ahve THATS IT.

The_Beast
06-09-08, 1:40 pm
My Grocery List Today:
10 Pounds of 80/20 Ground Beef.
6 Pounds of Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast.
8 1/2 Dozen Egg's.
3 Boxes of Instant Brown Rice.
6 Reg. Cans of Spinach.
6 Reg. Cans of Chili Beans.
4 Large Cans of Tomato's.
4 Large Cans of Bush's Baked Beans.
6 Chili Packets.

All for only around $65.

"Let's Rock."

The_Beast
06-10-08, 6:29 pm
My deltoids. Well, there demolished. There is pain in them, at all times. Not pain, as in muscle breakdown but pain as in Sharp, Acute pain. Im definitely going to lay off the delts for alittle while. I don't want to Rip my Rotator Again..

Rotator Cuff Excersises:
5 x 20-30 Seconds Each Arm.

ME CGBP:
45 x 15
135 x 5
225 x 1
275 x 4
275 x 1
275 x 1/295 x 0.

Barbell Rows:
45 x 5
135 x 5
315 x 10/295 x 4.
315 x 6/295 x 6/225 x 4.

DP Overhead Press:
70(2) x 15.

Rack Presses, 2 Inches off chest:
135 x 5.
225 x 2.
275 x 1.
295 x 1.
315 x 0.

Full Wide Grip Chins:
BW x 15.
BW x 12.

Incline DB presses:
90(2) x 15.
90(2) x 8.

Close Grip Pullups:
BW x 12.

Single Arm Pec Deck:
120 x 15.

Thrawn
06-11-08, 3:51 am
Smart thinking, Beast! No need to get sidelined.
You still post some impressive numbers, tho. Keep at it, brother!

The_Beast
06-11-08, 5:51 am
Smart thinking, Beast! No need to get sidelined.
You still post some impressive numbers, tho. Keep at it, brother!

I guess there impressive to some. But, I'll let you down on alittle secret. I was benchpressing this same weight, the same reps, with a Tremendous amount of decreased Tricep strength and Extremely less deltoid strength one year ago at around 180 pounds bodyweight. All this ofcourse, before I tore one Rotator Cuff, and strained the living hell out of the other one. I stopped powerlifting, started bodybuilding Just where I could tend to my injury on a more effective basis. It's all good though. Yesterday, I realized, I REALLY need someone else in the gym. I have been working out by myself, lifting off by myself, doing everything by myself forever it seems. I've noticed I have good form on lower weight (225) but at higher weight, I tend to not push the bar Straight up, like most I push it in a manner back toward the rack due to fear of no spotter to help me if something goes wrong.

Thrawn
06-11-08, 6:34 am
Sure is impressive to me, but i am a pretty poor bencher so far. Working on it tho =)
I understand what you mean. But good partners and spotters are hard to find...
Good luck with it, brother!

The_Beast
06-11-08, 8:09 am
Well bro, I was flat benchpressing at 180lbs bodyweight, 275 Pounds around 5 months after I started(three months I lifted Dumbells at my house). Then, I went on to around 365 pounds in around a year and a quarter training period. Tricep Strength, and Injuries have Kept me from going any further in the sport. That's my main focus now, Prevention and Redemption.

The_Beast
06-11-08, 8:32 am
Damn, I'm really starting to feel those Six Raw Eggs I drank about Ten Minutes ago. Time for some rest.

SizeMatters
06-11-08, 11:20 am
bro...why not relax with the freeweightsa for a little... i know no one likes to but somethign you have to...and u can also try some active recovery shit light side raises the day after sholders....ALSO... idk what your joint supplement looks like (prob flex) if ur not o one... ?GET ON IT...check whatever your taking if it does not contain Hyaluronic acid...GET ON IT...ill pm you about where to get it...

The_Beast
06-11-08, 9:41 pm
Dude' ain't got the time to relax with the free weights. There kicking my ass. lol.

Just for Fun, here was my Diet today(morning-evening):
#1.---6 Raw Eggs.
#2.---1.5Lb Chili.
#3.---12In. Larry's Giant Subs (Big Boss Man) Philly Cheese Steak Sub Sandwich.
#4.---1.5lb Chili.
#5.---Two Chicken Breasts, Bake Beans.

I Cook and Buy all my own food for obvious reasons. I truly am a Bargain Shopper and buy the store brands of items, almost everytime. I feel, No company would ever put the liability against themeselves to sell bad products to the public (especially Walmart, where I shop).

All Im sayin is,
"a Can of Green Beans is a Can of Green Beans" don't matter how you put it.

The_Beast
06-13-08, 11:01 pm
"Training, Training, and more Training" as WSM Marius Pudzianowski would put it.
205 Pounds Bodyweight tonight, up 3 Pounds from Tuesday.

Delts/Triceps

Cleaned Barbell Shoulder Press:
225 x 2.
225 x 10.
225 x 10.

Standard Barbell Shoulder Press:
245 x 12.

Weighted Dips:
125+BW x 11.
125+BW x 10.

Seated Side Laterals(single arm):
30 x (20-25?)
30 x (15-20?)

JM DB Presses (With Bands):
40(2) x 15.
40(2) x 20.
40(2) x 12(my thumb felt like hell, it was smashed and I couldn't grip the band/dumbell.)

Cable Side Laterals(single arm):
30 x 15.
30 x 15.

Overhead Cable Tricep Extensions(kneeling):
120 x 20.
150 x 12.

Reverse Pek Deck(single arm):
90 x 15-20.
90 x 12-20.

FourThirty
06-13-08, 11:13 pm
Good show! Way to pound the delts!

The_Beast
06-13-08, 11:21 pm
Good show! Way to pound the delts!

..."Now you try"....

Thrawn
06-14-08, 8:53 am
Great session, Beast!

The_Beast
06-14-08, 8:54 pm
Great session, Beast!

I bought some Regular "Hand Wrap" for Boxing, to keep my Wrist's in check for my next session. Watch the numbers unfold...

The_Beast
06-16-08, 11:18 am
"Try and Keep up.."

Monday:
Squat (heavy) 3-5 Reps.
Deadlift (light) 8-12 Reps.
Barbell Curls(Heavy) 3-5 Reps.

Tuesday:
Flat Bench (heavy) 2-3 Reps.
Triceps (light) 8-12 Reps.
Shoulder Press(Heavy) 3-5 Reps.

Thursday:
Deadlift (heavy) 1-3 Reps.
Squat(light) 8-12 reps.
Barbell Curls(light) 12-15 Reps.

Friday:
"Aquatic Cardio"

Saturday:
Bench (Light) 8-12 Reps.
Triceps(Heavy) 3-5 Reps.
Shoulder Press(light) 12-15 Reps.

The_Beast
06-16-08, 2:37 pm
I must say, this Workout is no fucking joke. This workout, was why Bill Kazmaier was the man he was. Just To think, that he added another 5-8 workouts also. Just Mentally Insane. Period.

"Real" Barbell Squat(Heavy):
135 x 5.
315 x 5.
335 x 4.
355 x 2.

Oly. Barbell Curls(Heavy):
45 x 5.
135 x 5.
205 x 5.
205 x 5.
185 x 5.
135 x 15.

"Real" Conv. Deadlift(Light):
315 x 12.
315 x 12.
315 x 8.

Seated/Standing Dropset Dumbell Curls(Light):
30 x 20/15 x 15.
35 x 15/15 x 10.

Thrawn
06-16-08, 4:14 pm
That is an insane routine, indeed! A damn mindfuck.

The_Beast
06-16-08, 6:43 pm
Yeah brother. I didn't note it, But the Deadlifts weren't anything Near Failure. I just ran out of Steam. That's exactly what happens when your Cardiovascular is Non-Existent. Starting Today, Im going to start doing Cardio Again. From Now on. Nothing Heavy, Just some Light jogging through town. My Daily Caloric Intake won't have a problem with it. I don't count Calories, Protiens, or Carbs or even watch my Fat Intake. I make "Healthy" Meals, Only Consisting of them(its my Lifestyle. After a while you understand whats good and whats not). Like a few pounds of Red Meats, Rice, Beans, Chicken Breasts a day. None of that Mc'd's Shit. I enjoy the Company of some "All you can Eat" B-B-Q Buffets sometimes though or even a decent Sub Sandwich. For Example, If I pay for a Meal at a resteraunt, its no-hold barred.
(Just yesterday I ate 4 Full Re-Orders of Ribs and Chicken, Tomatoes and Okra, along with Garlic Bread each time. Good ol' Sweet Tea, consumed about 3 Glasses.)

SizeMatters
06-16-08, 8:41 pm
205x5 on barbellcurls lol thats redic lookign great as usual bro...just started a new journey let me knwo what you think!

The_Beast
06-16-08, 8:48 pm
It was Damn Near Heavy brother. Yet, I noticed a key picture in my gym today. It's going to be a Forvm topic. I'll be checked in bro.

SizeMatters
06-17-08, 12:00 am
dude thanks for the adive... what do u reccomend my rep scheme looks like...135 for maybe a set of 4-7 and then 225 until fail...245 fail 255 fail 275 fail? ive enver even tried 275 before on militaries but hey theres a first tiem for everything

J Wong
06-17-08, 12:03 am
Damn, strong clean and presses.

The_Beast
06-17-08, 8:42 am
dude thanks for the adive... what do u reccomend my rep scheme looks like...135 for maybe a set of 4-7 and then 225 until fail...245 fail 255 fail 275 fail? ive enver even tried 275 before on militaries but hey theres a first tiem for everything

If It's your First Time out, with a "Gun-ho" Style for Heavy Weight on the Barbell Shoulder Press. I would Stick with 225 Pounds solo this session (I'll Fill you out on your Journey). For 3-5 Sets. Just like Squats, the Mind will stop long before the Physical body isn't able. Pick a Large Number like 15 and make it your death wish, to accomplish it every set. Believe you can hit that rep scheme with all your Heart, and you will PR every time from now on. Just to let you know, 275 pounds is a hell of a workload. I was doing 225 pounds for 15 repetitions easily and barely got 275 pounds for Clean Five. On many Muscle Groups, like the Deltoid's, Triceps, Trapezious, Forearm(Tendons), etc. that are used during the Shoulder Press, 5-10 Pounds is the equivelant of adding 20-30 pounds on the Benchpress or so it feels.

The_Beast
06-17-08, 8:44 am
Damn, strong clean and presses.

Thanks. To tell you the truth, a Year ago I couldn't even do sets with 135lbs on the Smith Machine, four months ago couldn't even Clean 185. So, I do know about serious Deltoid training obviously because I've been there and done that.

The_Beast
06-17-08, 9:18 am
Tuesday:
Flat Bench (heavy) 2-3 Reps.
Triceps (light) 8-12 Reps.
Shoulder Press(Heavy) 3-5 Reps.

I'm going to hit up the gym with this today, see how everything unfolds. Only Problem is, that my Deltoids are shot still from last week. It's all good though.

The_Beast
06-17-08, 5:11 pm
Obviously I underestimated the Degree of how "Thrashed" my Deltoids really were. 135 Pounds, for a Single Shoulder Press was Heavy. Damn, It Made Every Lift feel like a Boulder on my Shoulders. Despite this, Did Wonders on the Benchpress even with my Blown out Shoulders and Tendons. I Easily Did 10 Repetitions with 275 Pounds (225 Felt Heavy) and Could have gotten Two More. I was Amazed that I did so many, with such ease, So I Called it a Set. (I was only Aiming for Three). Cardio Proceeded this Workout, In 100* Florida Heat for around One Mile. Thank you Lord Jesus, for High Quality Air-Conditioning.

Flat Benchpress:
135 x 5.
225 x 1.
275 x 10.
315 x 2.
315 x 1.

Standing Olympic Tricep Extensions (Barbell):
95 x 15.
115 x 15.
135 x 12.

Tate Press(50 Pound DBs):
3 Sets, 12-15 Repetitons.

The_Beast
06-18-08, 9:13 am
"H"=Heavy.
"L"=Light.

Monday:
Squat: 3 Sets, 3-5 Reps. "H"
Deadlift: 3 Sets, 8-12 Reps. "L"
Barbell Curls: 5 Sets, 3-5 Reps. "H"
DB Curls: 2 Sets, 12-15 Reps. "L"
Calfs: 8 Sets.

Wednesday:
Flat Bench: 3 Sets, 2-3 Reps. "H"
Triceps: 5 Sets, 3-5 Reps. "H"
DB Shoulder Press: 2 Sets, 8-12 Reps. "L"
Side Laterals: 2 Sets, 12-15 Reps. "L"
Rear Laterals: 2 Sets, 12- 15 Reps. "L"
Calfs: 12 Sets.

Thursday:
DB Curls: 3 Sets, 5-8 Reps. "H"
Deadlift: 3 Sets, 1-3 Reps. "H"
SLDL: 2 Sets, 8-12 Reps. "L"
Barbell Rows: 3 Sets, 6-8 Reps. "L"
Wide Grip Weighted Chins: 3 Sets, 6-12 Reps. "L"

Friday:
"Aquatic Cardio"

Saturday:
Barbell Shoulder Press: 3 Sets, 1-5 Reps. "H"
DE Flat Benchpress: 8 Sets, 3 Reps. "L"
Incline DB Benchpress: 3 Sets, 8-12 Reps. "L"
Triceps: 3 Sets, 12-15 Reps. "L"
Calfs: 8 Sets.

The_Beast
06-18-08, 5:36 pm
Bought over 70 Pounds worth of Good Ol' Chinese (Exactly) Steel Chain,
from Harbor Freight (Tool Warehouse). $38.

Bought it as (Truckers Chain). 3/8 x 14ft (2). Three Layered it, and its nearly the Perfect Height for the Barbell Benchpress. Good deal if you ask me, Considering the Price of Reg. Steel Chain at any Home Improvement Store was $36 (for a Single 3/8 x 20Ft Budget Chain at Home Depot, which in terms would have Grand totaled me nearly $75-77 With Tax for two In which I needed).

Time for the Real Numbers to Unfold...

js71474
06-18-08, 8:03 pm
Caught you in another journey and liked what you had to say so I am caught up in here and you are doin some major work here bro and I am definitely along for the ride! Movin serious weight and workin hard is the way to go and you are hitting it man. Cant wait to see how the chains work out. Go hard bro!

The_Beast
06-18-08, 8:39 pm
Monday:
SQUAT
BARBELL CURLS (WITH OR WITHOUT CHAINS)
DEADLIFTS
DUMBELL CURLS

Wednesday:
"ME" BENCHPRESS (WITH OR WITHOUT CHAINS)
"CG" BENCHPRESS (WITH OR WITHOUT CHAINS)
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS
DUMBELL JM OR TATE PRESS
DUMBELL SIDE LATERALS

Thursday:
DEADLIFTS
CHIN-UPS (CHAINS)
BARBELL ROWS (WITH OR WITHOUT CHAINS)
ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS
DUMBELL CURLS

Saturday:
"DE" BENCHPRESS OR HIGH REPETITION BENCHPRESS
BARBELL SHOULDER PRESS & CLEANS
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS (CHAINS)
SIDE LATERALS (CHAINS)

Thrawn
06-19-08, 5:17 am
Heavy routine, brother! But likin' it. Lots of compound movements, so you will need to pay good attention to recovery.
Hope the chains work out fine for ya!

The_Beast
06-19-08, 6:50 am
Heavy routine, brother! But likin' it. Lots of compound movements, so you will need to pay good attention to recovery.
Hope the chains work out fine for ya!

"Aint' nothin' to it but to do it.."-Ronnie Coleman.
Thanks brother for the Support. Just Rock Solid Heavy Training, Only way in My Book I need to Roll.

SizeMatters
06-19-08, 12:18 pm
aye my man, i appreciate all the adivce youve given me so far, very helpful...i havent trained arms in almost 3 weeks now and i might throw them in todaydepending on my mood, im tryign to get my bench up (like everyone else) and was wondering what your reccomend tricep wise? heres an example of what my arm workouts used to look like...

barbell curls

alternating db SS w cross hammers(also called pinwheel curls etc etc etc)

and then some type of machine movement machine preacher machine cable etc etc

tricep wise i will usually try somethign liek this...

closegrip benchpress or skull crushers( i have problems with the skulls hurting my elbow so i will usually do them on a decline with arms further behind my head...releaves stress...)

v bar pressdowns

cybex kickback machine

and some type of dip movement... dips, bench dips etc etc...

keep in mind im a bodybuilder not a powerlifter... but i woudl have no problem putting some other shit in anythign u see REALLY wrong whats a good arm workout look like for you?

The_Beast
06-19-08, 7:55 pm
aye my man, i appreciate all the adivce youve given me so far, very helpful...i havent trained arms in almost 3 weeks now and i might throw them in todaydepending on my mood, im tryign to get my bench up (like everyone else) and was wondering what your reccomend tricep wise? heres an example of what my arm workouts used to look like...

barbell curls

alternating db SS w cross hammers(also called pinwheel curls etc etc etc)

and then some type of machine movement machine preacher machine cable etc etc

tricep wise i will usually try somethign liek this...

closegrip benchpress or skull crushers( i have problems with the skulls hurting my elbow so i will usually do them on a decline with arms further behind my head...releaves stress...)

v bar pressdowns

cybex kickback machine

and some type of dip movement... dips, bench dips etc etc...

keep in mind im a bodybuilder not a powerlifter... but i woudl have no problem putting some other shit in anythign u see REALLY wrong whats a good arm workout look like for you?

Arms, well that's a whole nother' ballpark.I have Never Trained "Triceps and Biceps" Together. But hey, I'll try to fill you In on most of what I feel really works. (BB WISE)

OLYMPIC BARBELL CURLS, 5 SETS.
CLOSE GRIP BENCHPRESS, 5 SETS.
EAZY BAR 21'S, 2 SETS.
SKULL CRUSHERS OR OVERHEAD TRICEP EXTENSIONS, 2 SETS.
DUMBELL CURLS , 2 SETS.
TATE OR JM PRESS, 2 SETS.

9 SETS EACH, for a Small Muscle Group is plenty enough. Ultimately, I thrown in the Tate and JM press for Tricep Power. Honestly, If it was me, I would Ditch the "ARM" day. It really Kills your lifts from the secondary exhuastion, and not enough recovery time.

I would Try something more on the Line's of this..

MON:BENCHPRESS/LATS
WED:DEADLIFTS/BICEPS
FRI:(DYNAMIC EFFORT BENCHPRESS)SHOULDER PRESS/TRICEPS
SAT:SQUAT/HAMS

But I can't say it more than enough brother. Ditch the Machine's, Stick with Free-Weights and Drop the Kickbacks, lol. Machine's have their place, but not on the mind of someone wanting to get a hell of alot bigger and stronger. Nothing is going to pack on more muscle, than Pure Brute Force with a Heavy Barbell. Last Note, a Few more Tips. When on the Benchpress ALWAYS tuck your Shoulder Blades together and SQUEEZE THE BAR with ALL YOUR FORCE (Throughout your set), doing these too things will keep your Rotators In check and make your Lats do most of the Heavy work off of the Pectorals. Well, Im tired. 7AM-7PM, Lawn Service in 100* Florida Heat. Lets hope my workout doesnt show it. I'll write up more In-Depth tonight, just in a hurry.

SizeMatters
06-19-08, 10:41 pm
as usual bro thanks!

The_Beast
06-19-08, 11:15 pm
Despite conditions, Good Workout. Let me fill you In. Worked on Heavy Squats monday, Quads are still shot to this moment. Worked 7AM-7PM Today, For our Lawn Service Business. Got to the Gym at around 9:50PM Left around 10:45PM. After all the Smoke had Cleared, a Previous "Member/Personal Trainer/Worker" at my Gym (300LB Bouncer) Talks to me about my Deadlift Form, and How I'm using too Much lower back, not enough quads, etc. etc. That's when I Explained to Him my Quads are still shot, and then he starts talking about I should keep my Head up. I'm thinking to myself "Damn. When Have I ever seen you Deadlift? Or do any Decent numbers, compared to your Bodyweight." (I could see If I was doing 135lbs. But I was doing over 500lbs, No Wraps, belt, at fucking 10PM after a 12HR workday. etc.)

-CHAINS ARE 40LBS TOTAL-

DEADLIFT:
225 x 2.
405 x 1.
500 x 2.
520 x 1.
500 x 1.
405 x 1.

BARBELL ROWS(WITH CHAINS):
225 x 15.
275 x 8.
315 x 3.

SLDL:
315 x 2.
405 x 1.

CHINS(WITH CHAIN):
5(DS WITHOUT CHAIN)+4

SEATED SINGLE ARM DUMBELL CURL:
40 x 15.
40 x 12.

SizeMatters
06-20-08, 1:26 am
MY BOY...BLOWING IT UP thats what i like to see... i love your training style man im stealing this exact back workotu for next week....on that other dude...dont let that shit bother you, this is your journey man dont let ANYONE or ANYTHIGN get in yoru way you have great potential keep that shit up man

Thrawn
06-20-08, 4:06 am
BEAST doing WORK =) Impressive, especially after a days work.
Chainwork is FUN, man, never done them on barbell rows, tho. Will try that soon. Interesting.

The_Beast
06-20-08, 9:54 am
MY BOY...BLOWING IT UP thats what i like to see... i love your training style man im stealing this exact back workotu for next week....on that other dude...dont let that shit bother you, this is your journey man dont let ANYONE or ANYTHIGN get in yoru way you have great potential keep that shit up man

BEAST doing WORK =) Impressive, especially after a days work.
Chainwork is FUN, man, never done them on barbell rows, tho. Will try that soon. Interesting.

Thanks Brothers, I was nearly falling asleep on the Ride over there to the Gym. The only Problem I'm having on Deadlifts is my Grip is failing at the Top End of the Lift at lockout but what do you expect after 9 months of No-Deadlifts or Heavy Lat Training. Im Switching up Heavy Deadlifts to Monday, Instead of Squats(Every other Week). In Reference to that, Next Thursday I will be putting alot of Emphasis on the Quads and Hams obviously. Other than that, I Rocked that workout in a Brisk 45 Minutes, and now my calluses are completely shredded. (By the way, Never be the guy on the Squat. Who Wraps his Knee's, Throws on his Belt for 315-405 Pounds. If your knee's can't take that amount of weight, Nor your lower back then you shouldn't be doing it.) But overall brothers, I'm really Liking the New workload. Definitely not for the weak at heart.

Monday:
DEADLIFTS
"DE" SQUATS
BARBELL CURLS
DUMBELL CURLS

Thursday:
SQUATS
HIGH REPETITION DEADLIFTS
FRONT SQUATS
STRAIGHT LEG DEADLIFTS
DUMBELL CURLS

The_Beast
06-21-08, 10:24 pm
Deltoids showing that the Past few months of Punishment, are really taking there toll on my Barbell Shoulder Press. My delts are In need of some Rest Time. Needs a Few Weeks, of Higher Repetition Light Training there just too overworked currently. Other than that, Grip was shot from Deadlifts so Cleans didn't workout too well. Tried and True, Pushed forward.

"DE" BENCHPRESS:
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
185 x 3.
225 x 3.

BARBELL CLEANS:
225 x 1.
225 x 1.
225 x 1.
225 x 1.
225 x 1.

BARBELL SHOULDER PRESS:
135 x 3.
225 x 1.
225 x 3.
275 x 4.

DUMBELL SHOULDER PRESS:
30(2) x 50.
30(2) x 50.

KNEELING SIDE LATERALS(CHAINS):
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.

KNEELING FRONT LATERALS(CHAINS):
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.

REAR LATERALS(CHAINS):
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.

Thrawn
06-22-08, 6:41 am
Rest up them delts, brother!
Big session!

The_Beast
06-22-08, 9:37 am
Rest up them delts, brother!
Big session!

Yeah, Im going to Work with 135 Pounds on the Shoulder Press for the Next Few Weeks. I'm at one of those points, that my Deltoids have Sidelined, and won't do anything but Decrease If I don't give them time to rest.

The_Beast
06-22-08, 9:39 am
"DE" BENCHPRESS:
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
165 x 3.
185 x 3.
225 x 3.

BARBELL CLEANS:
225 x 1.
225 x 1.
225 x 1.
225 x 1.
225 x 1.

BARBELL SHOULDER PRESS:
135 x 3.
225 x 1.
225 x 3.
275 x 4.

DUMBELL SHOULDER PRESS:
30(2) x 50.
30(2) x 50.

DUMBELL BENCHPRESS:
110(2) x 5.
120(2) x 5.

KNEELING SIDE LATERALS(CHAINS):
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.

KNEELING FRONT LATERALS(CHAINS):
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.

REAR LATERALS(CHAINS):
15LB DB+CHAIN x 15.

Forgot to Add, the DB Benchpress..

The_Beast
06-22-08, 8:18 pm
Monday:
HEAVY SQUAT
BARBELL CURLS
LIGHT DEADLIFTS
STRAIGHT LEG DEADLIFTS
DUMBELL CURLS
LIGHT CORE WORK

Wednesday:
HEAVY BENCHPRESS
"CG" BENCHPRESS
HEAVY SHOULDER PRESS
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS
DUMBELL JM OR TATE PRESS
DUMBELL SIDE LATERALS

Thursday:
HEAVY DEADLIFTS
LIGHT SQUAT
CHIN-UPS
BARBELL ROWS
DUMBELL CURLS
HEAVY CORE WORK

Saturday:
"DE" BENCHPRESS OR LIGHT BENCHPRESS
LIGHT SHOULDER PRESS
WEIGHTED DIPS
BARBELL CLEANS
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS
SIDE LATERALS

Thrawn
06-23-08, 3:47 am
Looks solid. Quit a hard routine. Take good care in resting up plenty.
I would also suggest some GoodMornings in there somewhere to keep the lower back in shape.

The_Beast
06-23-08, 10:04 am
Looks solid. Quit a hard routine. Take good care in resting up plenty.
I would also suggest some GoodMornings in there somewhere to keep the lower back in shape.

I Think the Two Solid days of Deadlifts, and One Solid day of Straight Leg Deadlifts will take care of that problem. I felt, If I did any more lower back work that I would run into problems being with recovery and issue.

The_Beast
06-23-08, 10:06 am
Monday:
HEAVY SQUAT
BARBELL CURLS
LIGHT DEADLIFTS
STRAIGHT LEG DEADLIFTS
DUMBELL CURLS
LIGHT CORE WORK

Wednesday:
HEAVY BENCHPRESS
"CG" BENCHPRESS
HEAVY SHOULDER PRESS
LIGHT SNATCH
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS
DUMBELL JM OR TATE PRESS
DUMBELL SIDE LATERALS

Thursday:
HEAVY DEADLIFTS
LIGHT SQUAT
CHIN-UPS
BARBELL ROWS
DUMBELL CURLS
HEAVY CORE WORK

Saturday:
LIGHT SHOULDER PRESS
"RAINBOW" PRESS (HEHE)
WEIGHTED DIPS
BARBELL CLEANS
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS
SIDE LATERALS

Thrawn
06-23-08, 10:19 am
=)) Rainbow presses are a real bitch =))

The_Beast
06-23-08, 12:37 pm
Alright, This is the FINAL Rough Draft. Powerhouse doesn't even describe it. You might say Overtraining. I might say, Overtraining is nothing more than a Diet and Nutrition Problem. Eat the Basics, Whole Milk, Whole Eggs, Steak, Beans, Spinach, Cornbread, Rice, and the like. REAL FOOD. Above all give thanks to the reason your here on this wasted planet and able to lift and fufill your Dreams to the Upmost Fullest, The LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Monday:
HEAVY SQUAT
BARBELL CURLS
LIGHT DEADLIFTS
STRAIGHT LEG DEADLIFTS
DUMBELL CURLS
LIGHT CORE WORK

Wednesday:
HEAVY BENCHPRESS
"CG" BENCHPRESS
HEAVY SHOULDER PRESS
LIGHT SNATCH
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS
DUMBELL JM
DUMBELL TATE PRESS

Thursday:
HEAVY DEADLIFTS
LIGHT SQUAT
CHIN-UPS
BARBELL ROWS
DUMBELL CURLS
HEAVY CORE WORK

Saturday:
LIGHT SHOULDER PRESS
WEIGHTED DIPS
BARBELL CLEANS
DUMBELL BENCHPRESS
SIDE, FRONT, AND REAR LATERALS

Thrawn
06-23-08, 3:11 pm
Go for it, brother!! Lets see how it works out for you!

The_Beast
06-23-08, 6:11 pm
To let everyone know, I stand at a Conventional Close Stance in all my Squats, ALWAYS Below Parallel, and ALWAYS RAW! (HEHE)

"INDESTRUCTIBLE"-Disturbed.

HEAVY SQUAT:
135 x 3.
225 x 3.
315 x 3.(SMOKE SHOW WARMUP)
365 x 2.(REALLY EASY, LIKE BUTTER)
405 x 1. (EASY)----315 x 8(WIDE STANCE).

OLYMPIC BARBELL CURLS:
135 x 5.
205 x 10. (135 x 15.)
165 x 15. (135 x 8.)
135 x 15.

SPEED CONV. DEADLIFTS:
225 x 3.
225 x 3.
225 x 3.
225 x 3.
225 x 3.

STRAIGHT LEG DEADLIFTS:
225 x 15.
225 x 15.
(INSANE LOWER BACK PUMP, HURT LIKE HELL)

SEATED DUMBELL CURLS:
30 x 15(+15)
30 x 12(+8-12)

LIGHT CORE WORK:
40 REPETITIONS (Decline Crunch)
20 REPETITIONS (Decline Crunch)

Thrawn
06-24-08, 4:10 am
Great workout, brother! That is some good solid liftin' !

The_Beast
06-25-08, 2:07 pm
No need to mention, that my Upper Back, Forearm Tendons, along with Deltoids were still alittle "iffy". Bulldozed through it anyway. Seem's to me, that at 1PM at Baileys is official sissie hour or something. Every person that walked in the "Powerhouse" sure as hell weren't Powerhouses. Looked more like, 'Planet Fitness' one week trial guests. I didn't know the term "Powerhouse" ment Social Club, People like that give old' time' Hardcore gym's a bad rap.

BENCHPRESS:
135 x 5.
225 x 1.
275 x 1.
275 x 5. (W/ 40LB CHAINS)
295 x 1. (W/ 40LB CHAINS)
305 x 0. (W/ 40LB CHAINS)
225 x 11. (W/ 40LB CHAINS) (DS W/O CHAINS) 225 x 5.

HEAVY SHOULDER PRESS (TOOK IT EASY):
225 x 5.
225 x 6.

"SPEED" SNATCH:
135 x 3.
135 x 3.
135 x 3.
135 x 3.
135 x 3.

"SPEED" DB PRESS:
50(2) x 3.
50(2) x 3.
50(2) x 3.
50(2) x 3.
50(2) x 6.

LAYING DB TRICEP EXTENSIONS:
50(2) x 15.
50(2) x 12.

DB TATE PRESS:
50(2) x 15.
50(2) x 15.

The_Beast
06-25-08, 9:42 pm
All of my Lockouts today, were Very Easy. I just had Trouble on the Lower End of the Lift due to my Deltoids and Burn't upper back. I was planning on doing some Close Grip Benchpress but my Muscle Fibers were so Damaged, It would have been a Poor Performance. Time for Whole Meal #5. Stay Strong Animals.

Thrawn
06-26-08, 3:55 am
Keep resting up good, Beast. Your program is very demanding and recovery is very important right now!
Keep pushing it hard, but remember, 3 parts of the triangle: train, eat and recovery. Leave one of the three out and the triangle will collapse one day.

I do like the program tho and think that you are more then capable of doing it. Just hope you have enough time planned for recovery.

The_Beast
06-26-08, 9:00 am
[QUOTE=Thrawn;436135]Keep resting up good, Beast. Your program is very demanding and recovery is very important right now!
Keep pushing it hard, but remember, 3 parts of the triangle: train, eat and recovery.[QUOTE]

I understand this concept completely. The reason I wasn't recovered is my Body Hasn't adapted to this kind of Workload yet. Remember, for the longest time I was on a Very Basic Three day a Week Routine, Without Deadlifts or Heavy Back Work. By the way, my Triceps are shot from yesterday (Good thing I work them out again on Saturday)

EX of my Entire Regiment for the 6/25(eat times 3hrs a part):
#1. 6 Eggs, 12oz. Whole Milk. *50G PROTIEN.
#2. Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich *20G PROTIEN
(TRAIN TIME)
#3. 8oz. Steak, Cornbread, and some Spinach. *50G PROTIEN
#4. Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich. *20G PROTIEN
(RECOVERY WORK)
#5. 2LBS Pounds of Chili. *100G PROTIEN.
(SLEEP TIME, 9HRS)

*All Minimum.
240G PROTIEN FROM WHOLE FOODS, HIGH CARBS & FATS.

mcbeast
06-26-08, 10:08 am
Very solid stuff here brother,thanks for taggin along in my journey,ill be sure to do the same.Did you go and talk to the marines?

The_Beast
06-26-08, 10:28 am
Very solid stuff here brother,thanks for taggin along in my journey,ill be sure to do the same.Did you go and talk to the marines?

There the same as the Army now, when it comes to Enlistment Standards. The Main Person at Meps, told me to take any Job I can now, and Once I enlist try my luck from there. She said it's a whole diffrent ballgame once your in.

js71474
06-26-08, 10:47 am
Solid, heavy sessions bro! I know you gotta be tired after all that work and you are still pushing session out, nice job! I'll be keeping up with the routine to see how it does for you. Good luck with it!

The_Beast
06-26-08, 11:25 am
Solid, heavy sessions bro! I know you gotta be tired after all that work and you are still pushing session out, nice job! I'll be keeping up with the routine to see how it does for you. Good luck with it!

Yesterday, was my Easy Day, hahaha. Yeah bro, True Hardcore Mentality is all it is.

The_Beast
06-26-08, 6:16 pm
Didn't do Deadlifts Today, I have found out Exactly how this split is working. I'll post up exactly in my next writup. Did some Cardio After this also. Only problem was my Grip was alittle loose, from yesterday. Forearms have taken a beaten lately.

BARBELL ROWS:
45 x 15.
135 x 15.
225 x 5.
315 x 12. (225 x 15.)
315 x 11. (225 x 20.)
225 x 15. (W/ 40LB CHAINS)
225 x 15. (W/ 40LB CHAINS)

"POWER RACK" WG CHIN UPS:
(GOONS AT CHIN STATION, JUST CHINNED FROM SQUARE SUPPORT BAR)
BW x 10. (FIRST THREE SETS, EXTREMELY EASY WAS GOING FOR 5SETS OF 10REPS.)
BW x 10.
BW x 10.
BW x 9.
BW x 6.

SINGLE ARM, SEATED DUMBELL CURLS:
30 x 15.
30 x 15.
30 x 30.

mcbeast
06-26-08, 6:57 pm
Very nice brother,cant wait till you compete strongman

The_Beast
06-26-08, 7:26 pm
Very nice brother,cant wait till you compete strongman

Thanks for the Support Brother.

SizeMatters
06-26-08, 7:36 pm
yeah ive been wondering abotu this as well do u have any plans in the near future or just something you would liek to do eventually?

The_Beast
06-26-08, 8:03 pm
Wherever the Lord takes me to brother, Is my Road to Freedom. Give me a Year, and Ask the Same Question. Remember, I Started lifting the End of my 10th Grade Year. I have only Lifted for around Two Years Maximum, Far Less when you take out the many months I was injured and the Three to Four months I trained with Dumbells at my House. My Gains are Insane to say the Least. If I Havn't Clued anyone In, I Lost a Tremendous amount of Strength when I tore my Rotator Cuff. I was doing 275LBs for 5 Repetitions on the Benchpress and Repping out 225LBs 20 Times, 7 Months after I started at 175-180LBs Bodyweight(3 Months at Home with Dumbells, Knowing Nothing). Thats what you Earn with Good Ol' Fashioned Brute Force Training, and the Farm Grown Diet to Go Along with it. Nobody ever gave me Advice, Loaned a Hand, when I started. I Learned everything out on my own. By Spending Countless Fridays and Saturday nights in the Gym, Trying to Figure out what worked and what didn't.

Let me Tell you a Story about me in the beggining:
Clueless, I found a Training partner who turned into a Good Friend, He looked like he worked hard at the time so I followed his Advice. Well, Listining as any young gym goer would, he told me not to Shoulder press it was bad for the Rotators, and Not to Squat Parralell only above it because it was bad for the knee's and Deadlifts "Do you want to throw a Disk". By This, I Tore my Rotator in the Matter of a Few months Benchpressing 300LBs at School, and I nearly Wasted a Complete year of Quad Development (Only Maxed out a Real Squat at 275lbs During this time, yet we were training with well over 405LBs.) and Deadlift, Hell I never Did it to Try it.

To this day, for the Previous Year:
I Previously Trained that Same Good Friend Training Partner Full time.
I Previously Trained another Training Partner the Same, Full Time.
I Previously Trained a Friend for around 4 Months, and Another for a Few Weeks.

AFTER ALL THE SMOKE HAD CLEARED, after everything I done for them, They all Quit because I actually Trained and most of them didn't like the Grim Reality that working out with me in general, was Hard. They all came up with Excuses, missing training sessions, etc. you know how it ends. To make it Short, I don't here a Word from them to this day.

The_Beast
06-28-08, 9:53 am
Not working out today, Pushed myself too hard Thursday and Wednesday. Will take note of that next week. Going to start posting my Diet, where I can keep note of that also every day. Here's yesterdays.

I was helping my friend yesterday, Go pick up some parts for his 67' VW and I Figured we wouldn't be gone long. So, Big Story Small, I was gone until 3PM and I told him, we hadto stop and get a meal.

10AM: 6 Raw Eggs, 8oz. Orange Juice.
3PM:3 Meat "Monsterous salad" and some Banana pudding for dessert to top it off, from Woodys Country Cabin (BBQ). 7PM:8-10oz. Steak, 1LB Rice and Beans, Cornbread.

The_Beast
06-29-08, 12:54 am
Once again, I'm out all day messing with the car and doing misc. things. Tonight, was installing a Sub and Amp and before you know it, im out there a few hours trying to get all the wiring etc. done throughout the car correctly. Tomorrow is going to be solid, I'm feeling it.

10AM:6 RAW EGGS, 12oz. WHOLE MILK
12PM:ANOTHER 3 MEAT SALAD(Mmmm Mmmm Good.)
4PM:BIG OL' PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY
9PM:6in. TUNA SUB (Quizno's)
12PM: 1LB BEANS AND RICE.

The_Beast
06-29-08, 1:22 am
Monday:
(me) Deadlift "reg. Deads, Rack Pulls, Or Good Mornings."
(me) Squat "reg. Squat Or Zercher Squat."
Barbell Rows
Chins
Db Curls

Tuesday:
(me) Benchpress "flat Benchpress, Or Close Grip Benchpress."
(me) Overhead Press "barbell Shoulder Press, Snatch, Or Cleans."
(me) Triceps "weighted Dips Or Skullcrushers."
Tate & Jm Presses

Friday:
(de) Deadlift "reg. Deads, Rack Pulls, Or Good Mornings."
(de) Squat "reg. Squat Or Zercher Squat."
Barbell Curls
Dumbell Curls

Saturday:
(de) Benchpress "flat Benchpress, Or Close Grip Benchpress."
(de) Overhead Press "barbell Shoulder Press, Snatch, Or Cleans."
(de) Triceps "weighted Dips Or Skullcrushers."
Side/front/rear Laterals

(me):3 Working Sets, 1-8 Repetitions.
(de):5 Working Sets, 3 Repetitions.
(regular Workouts): 2 Working Sets, 8-15 Repetitions.

SizeMatters
06-29-08, 1:42 am
i have a couple of questions... i understand as a stongman/powerlifter hitting th ebody from eery angle isent 100% important bnut my question is about your calf forearm ab and hamstring work...where do these come into play and if u dont hiot them directly what do u feel hits them secondarly the most...and when u say de i assume u mean dynamic effert now with those three reps are you trying to push them up as fast as possible or concentrating on perfecting form or what? im a little confused on that, and do u feell like keeping bodybuilding style training (ie flat back when flat benching) is worth the time? or would you reccomend when i bulk i basically change over to a powerlifting stlye workout....do u think maybe a bb/pl stlye in the winter(bulk season) would be benifical? if so what would a basic example look like?

The_Beast
06-29-08, 10:13 am
i have a couple of questions... i understand as a stongman/powerlifter hitting th ebody from eery angle isent 100% important bnut my question is about your calf forearm ab and hamstring work...where do these come into play and if u dont hiot them directly what do u feel hits them secondarly the most...and when u say de i assume u mean dynamic effert now with those three reps are you trying to push them up as fast as possible or concentrating on perfecting form or what? im a little confused on that, and do u feell like keeping bodybuilding style training (ie flat back when flat benching) is worth the time? or would you reccomend when i bulk i basically change over to a powerlifting stlye workout....do u think maybe a bb/pl stlye in the winter(bulk season) would be benifical? if so what would a basic example look like?

Calfs, Abs, Hamstrings, and Forearms. Well, Here is my Take Brother. I'm Going to add two sets of SLDL to my Monday (ME) Training since I forgot. Forearms, Without Straps and doing Heavy Weight I feel you don't need any type of Direct Training. Calves, I Havn't put them back into my Routine yet, I gave them a One and a Half month Break, Starting next week I will add Calfs at the End of my Training Days. Abs, I love doing them but I get a terrible sharp pain, from my lower abdominals and as of right now I dont know what it is so no direct ab work as of now except on (DE) Squat and Deadlift.

(DE) Training, Is all about Form and Speed. You try to get a relatively light weight, and press it as quickly as possible with your full powerlifting form. Believe it or not, I have had some Great Results doing this training. Start off with around 50% of your Max, and Feel it from there. You Will know if its not going up quickly enough or not.

My Back is Flat When I Benchpress. That doesn't make a Diffrence to me. Keeping good form, is always a Must no matter what your training style is.

I Would Use Powerlifting Cycle's for if you want to bring up a Single Certain (ME) Lift , but I wouldnt use it for anything else.

Powerlifting is only Beneficial, If you feel you want to get stronger. If you don't really "Care" to powerlift don't waste your time. Your not going to gain the overall Size you would with bodybuilding, but like me even at 18Years old, 205Lbs at 5ft 7. there are Guys in my Gym Three Times my Size yet I dominate them in Strength. So, Its all about what you want to do. I would make a Schedule, but I hafto hed off to church, I'll get it up later today though brother.

The_Beast
06-29-08, 12:45 pm
Monday:
(me) Deadlift "reg. Deads, Rack Pulls, Or Good Mornings."
(me) Squat "reg. Squat Or Zercher Squat."
Romanian Deadlifts
Barbell Rows
Chins
Db Curls

Tuesday:
(me) Triceps "weighted Dips Or Skullcrushers."
Tate & Jm Presses
Upright Rows

Friday:
(de) Squat "reg. Squat Or Zercher Squat."
Barbell Curls
Dumbell Curls
Core Work

Saturday:
(de) Benchpress "flat Benchpress or Close Grip Benchpress."
Side/front/rear Laterals
Calf Work

(regular Workouts): 2 Working Sets, 8-15 Repetitions.

The_Beast
06-30-08, 8:42 pm
Improvised. Pulled Three Times with the Deadlift, and to my Suprise, I couldnt even partially get up weight I was Warming up with last week. (500lbs). Grip was horrible. So, Deads and Squat wasn't happinin. Modified Schedule, tonight will post. The Gym was packed, one of those "lets meet new members nights" and everyones friend, or want to be friend was there. hadto wait about 10minutes after to get a benchpress. I wasn't feeling that "on" tonight, just one of those days. I had been all worked up to Deadlift, so, I was alittle upset.Well, to get back to the story, Finally got one, and this is how everything went.

Flat Benchpress:
135 x 3.
225 x 1.(Felt alittle Heavy, just one of those days.)
315 x 1.
335 x 1.
315 x 3.
(Yes, I did Repetition 315 With ease. Yet, I my muscle's werent even feeling there.)

Snatch:
135 x 2.
165 x 2.
185 x 2.(Failed Partials, Still getting form down.)

Cleans:
225 x 1.
225 x 1.

Overhead Barbell Tricep Extensions:
135 x 8.
155 x 8.
155 x 5.

Upright Rows:
135 x 5.
135+40lb chains x 8.
135+40lb chains x 8.

The_Beast
07-01-08, 1:28 am
#1.6 Raw Eggs, 12oz. Milk.
#2.Baked Beans, and Red Meat.
#3.2 Nathen Hotdogs.
#4.Natural Peanut Butter and Jelly, 12oz. Milk.
#5.Cornbread, Spinach, and Red Meat.

mcbeast
07-01-08, 1:38 am
500 posts,congrats.Very nice numbers bro,ill be up to your level soon enough..level of THE BEAST!

Thrawn
07-01-08, 4:33 am
Good work DONE, Beast. And yeah, those days happen. Nothing can be done. They happen and they will happen again. I see them as an extra mental training =) I work around them, like you, by changing things up, or in some cases dropping the weights and focussing on technique and form.
Nice way of pushing through, brother!

js71474
07-01-08, 7:24 am
Everyone will have an off day from time to time but that didn't look like an off day to me! Good session beast! Pushin alot of weight bro!

The_Beast
07-01-08, 12:13 pm
500 posts,congrats.Very nice numbers bro,ill be up to your level soon enough..level of THE BEAST!

Haha. Don't Count on it brother, lol. THE BEAST is just starting to understand Injury Free Training, and the numbers will skyrocket from here.

Good work DONE, Beast. And yeah, those days happen. Nothing can be done. They happen and they will happen again. I see them as an extra mental training =) I work around them, like you, by changing things up, or in some cases dropping the weights and focussing on technique and form.
Nice way of pushing through, brother!

Yeah, I've had many of them. It was just one of those days, I was like "I have never seen any of these people here, and they come in and act like they own everything." for example the Benchpress I was waiting for, a guy was doing skulls on it with a Total of 30lbs with E-Z bar. It made me alittle, off sight if you understand.
Dropping to Lower Weights!!!! Never Brother. lol. But Thanks for the support.

Everyone will have an off day from time to time but that didn't look like an off day to me! Good session beast! Pushin alot of weight bro!

Thanks dude, but yeah. It was one of those days i was like, I don't feel like wasting 1Hr's Drive time to do nothing(When I only get 12MPG, So it Costs me dearly everytime I go to the Gym). So, I went with the next best thing which I did ok, but my body didn't want to. Thanks, for the Complement's. There well apreciated.

The_Beast
07-01-08, 12:20 pm
If you don't understand the Split Already, It constantly Changes. For Example:
(me) Benchpress "Flat, or Close Grip."
1st Week, Flat.
2nd Week Close.
3rd Week, Flat. etc.

Monday:
(me) Triceps "weighted Dips, Jm Presses, Or Skullcrushers."
Upright Rows

Wednesday:
(me)Deadlift "Rack Pulls, Deadlift, Or Good Mornings."
Barbell Rows
Chins
Core Work

Friday:
Side/front/rear Laterals
Calf Work

Saturday:
(me) Squat
Zercher Squat
Romanian Deadlifts
Barbell Curls
Dumbell Curls

(regular Workouts): 2 Working Sets, 8-15 Repetitions

mcbeast
07-01-08, 12:31 pm
Two great forces shall collide soon enough..Ill see you in Wsm

The_Beast
07-01-08, 4:25 pm
Two great forces shall collide soon enough..Ill see you in Wsm

Let's Rock...

The_Beast
07-02-08, 5:31 pm
(Lightweight) Goodmornings:
225 x 8.
225 x 8.
225 x 8.

Barbell Rows (Grip Failed on Second Sets.):
315 x 15.
315 x 5/225 x 5.

Seated Calfs:
2 Plates x 20.
2 Plates x 20.

Wide Grip Chins:
BW x 20. (VERY, VERY easy)
BW x 20. (Speedy Gonzales couldn't even do them faster.)

Weighted Decline Abs:
45+BW x 20.
45+BW x 20.

Seated Single Arm Dumbell Curls(Just Feeling it):
40 x 10.

SizeMatters
07-02-08, 5:46 pm
(Lightweight)

Barbell Rows (Grip Failed on Second Sets.):
315 x 15.
315 x 5/225 x 5.

315x15! you should change your name to the beast or something... wait oh shit.....haha

The_Beast
07-02-08, 7:21 pm
Yeah, I'm one step ahead of ya. hahahaha.

The_Beast
07-04-08, 10:32 pm
Hit'n Miss. Dynamic Effort Bench/delt/tricep day.
Wasn't really feeling it tonight, felt weak, head wouldn't get in the right place, and got their alittle late. Funny thing was, I never thought the Gym could even get any more emptier than usual on a friday night. Well, It was. Two Men Total. One, when I left. Watch out Monday, I predict around Fifty People burning off the Weekend, like usual once again.

Flat Benchpress(Really wasnt feeling it, everything felt heavy):
135 x 5(decently slow, for some odd reason).
225 x 5(felt Extremely heavy, delts felt shot).
275 x 10(this shows you what I could do on a good day.)

Cleans:
185 x 1.
185 x 1.

Statch
135 x 3.
135 x 3.

Shoulder Press:
135 x 5.
135 x 3.

Tricep Extensions:
20(2) x 60.
20(2) x 75.

Seated Single Arm Side Laterals:
30 x 20.
30 x 20.

Jonisocool
07-04-08, 10:37 pm
Wide Grip Chins:
BW x 20. (VERY, VERY easy)
BW x 20. (Speedy Gonzales couldn't even do them faster.)

Nice job on nailin a set of 20 easy. And x2 for a second set. I loveeeeee pullups/chins/weighted/bw

Cant even begin to tell you how many people cant even do 10 at our gym.

The_Beast
07-04-08, 11:03 pm
My Brother is one of those, "fufu" type of Jerks. I don't know anyother way to describe it. well, He does marathons if that makes it any clearer.

Basically, all in all. He says, It doesnt matter about doing the basics like the Squat or Deadlift and it doesnt matter if people go to the gym and workout with zero intensity, because everyones in there for their own reasons and not everyones in there to train intensily. I even gave him the argument, about How you couldn't possibly bodybuild in the YMCA(fufu down here in FL.) and he states you can. Let me see, any proffesional bodybuilder with a PRO-CARD in the YMCA and I'll believe that one. How could you possibly bodybuild in a place, that doesnt even allow deadlifts, wait, you don't need to do those anymore. they only worked 30 years ago.

In my oppinion, it doesnt matter what you do. When I lift heavy, I lift at 100%. When I lift Light, I'm at 100%. I don't understand how people can think you only need to be 100% on a certain lift or on a certain day. Maybe thats why I outlift EVERYONE at my Current gym (the most Hardcore Gym around) and I'm 1/2 the Size of many of the people who train there(I'm 5ft 7. 210lbs), and only have been training for about two years (not even, honestly). Don't want to Stereotype but people like my brother truly give this sport (or any sport) a bad name. Kind of people, who don't believe in hard work and dedication. Complains about everything, and in my oppinion, extremely lazy.

For Example: Was mowing the Yard and Weadeating while the parents are out of town for the week (live in the Country, aint no 1/2 acre obviously) and cleaned up the house, etc. etc. (yes im a good son)

The Bum my brother is, Has a New Truck makes $20 an Hour. but runs it out of gas in our yard. Uses all our gas stored for our lawn care business, to go somewhere.

So, Today I ran out of Gas in the Mower, I come inside and asked him to go get some Gasoline. He Said, Just use the rest in the can. I told him, there wasn't even an 1/8th of a Gallon obviously it wasnt going to mow anything. I asked him to go get some with my debit card while I continue to mow with whatever I can get out of it. He says, I'll do it later, not right now. (Its over 90* Outside, havnt even had my first meal and its 12PM, Im cleaning and doing all this stuff out of my own good-will, and he is on myspace in 65* A/C.) The Gas Station is only around a Two Mile's away, I figured since I was doing mostly everything he could do something. but eh, thats life. All in All, after he said that, I walked out and drove out there to buy some myself and continued with my mowing. When I came in after I was done, he was asleep. Not the hard worker in the family for sure.

The_Beast
07-04-08, 11:09 pm
Nice job on nailin a set of 20 easy. And x2 for a second set. I loveeeeee pullups/chins/weighted/bw

Cant even begin to tell you how many people cant even do 10 at our gym.

I don't even do them on a chin station. I grip the Large Square Horizontal upper support of the power rack because for the most part there is always Goons at the Chin Station (its built on our Cable Machines, of all places)

I stopped at 20. I could have done probably 40 Wide Grip Chins my first set. When I state that something was easy, it was VERY VERY VERY easy. And like always, full range of motion.
(Chins:palms facing away) not the easy, pullups obviously.

I always have done them with 45lb Plates attached. Just I'm focusing more on my heavy rows, than my Chins.

Jonisocool
07-04-08, 11:20 pm
I don't even do them on a chin station. I grip the Large Square Horizontal upper support of the power rack because for the most part there is always Goons at the Chin Station (its built on our Cable Machines, of all places)

I stopped at 20. I could have done probably 40 Wide Grip Chins my first set. When I state that something was easy, it was VERY VERY VERY easy. And like always, full range of motion.
(Chins:palms facing away) not the easy, pullups obviously.

I always have done them with 45lb Plates attached. Just I'm focusing more on my heavy rows, than my Chins.

I feel ya. The only pullup bars we got are on the cable/row/pulldown machines, and someone is usually takin up both cables machines with a mirror all up in there, so I dont waste my time waitin

I have lanky ass arms, so I go wide chins anyways. I got yelled at last PFT when I tried to keep going past 20. So I never get a chance to max out, less there's a pullup MWR event contest. Did 38 last one.

Your grip strength gone up doin them on the power rack?

mcbeast
07-04-08, 11:21 pm
Well,you can outchin me for sue.Greatwork,sorry to hear about fufu.

The_Beast
07-05-08, 12:05 am
I feel ya. The only pullup bars we got are on the cable/row/pulldown machines, and someone is usually takin up both cables machines with a mirror all up in there, so I dont waste my time waitin

I have lanky ass arms, so I go wide chins anyways. I got yelled at last PFT when I tried to keep going past 20. So I never get a chance to max out, less there's a pullup MWR event contest. Did 38 last one.

Your grip strength gone up doin them on the power rack?

I'm not sure as of now. only been doin'm a couple of weeks in there.

The_Beast
07-05-08, 12:05 am
Well,you can outchin me for sue.Greatwork,sorry to hear about fufu.

Then go 'Do Work' son.

mcbeast
07-05-08, 12:06 am
Then go 'Do Work' son.

After basic,lol

The_Beast
07-05-08, 9:44 am
Same here brother, same here.

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:01 pm
Hit'n'Miss. Volume Two.
"Just workin the bugs out."
Quads were burnt out before tonights leg session, from my Cardio(Running) and Extreme Biking with my brother training for his Marathon yesterday. Biceps were somewhat sore, I'm honestly not sure why but they felt pretty knarly pre-workout.

Squat(Wide Stance):
135 x 2.
315 x 2. (Weight felt like a damn tank, honestly, thought I couldnt squat this.)
405 x 2. (Barely got rep number two. Damn, Biking blowing out my Quads.)
435 x 0. (stayed with it for around 10 seconds, and bailed out.)

Olympic Barbell Curls:
135 x 5.
185 x 20. (Whoa. Biceps were blown, hadto force myself to get this.)
135 x 15. (Too Pumped to Continue reps.)

Zercher Squat(Abs..Yeah, I need some better ones after this workout.):
225 x 5.
225 x 5.

SLDL:
315 x 2.
405 x 2.
435 x 1.(this was ugggly.)

mcbeast
07-05-08, 11:03 pm
Your curls are near my bench.Damn nice work

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:07 pm
Looking at getting more out of my Quads and Hams, Time for Bodybuilding training for the lower body, Powerlifting for the Upper. Should be fun.

Monday:
(me) Triceps "weighted Dips, Jm Presses, Or Skullcrushers."
Heavy Upright Rows
Heavy Calfs

Wednesday:
(me)Deadlift "Rack Pulls, Deadlift, Or Good Mornings."
Barbell Rows
Chins
Heavy Core Work

Friday:
Side/front/rear Laterals
Light Calfs

Saturday:
Barbell Squat
Barbell Curls
Romanian Deads
Dumbell Curls
Heavy Core Work

(de):5 Working Sets, 1-3 Repetitions.
(regular Workouts upperbody): 2 Working Sets, 8-15 Repetitions.
(regular Workouts Lowerbody): 8 Working Sets, 8-12 Repetitions.

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:13 pm
Your curls are near my bench.Damn nice work

Could have done much better, wasn't feelin it tonight. Like all things, I didn't expect my workout plan to go smoothly the first week anyways. Time to look forward to next weeks beatings.

mcbeast
07-05-08, 11:14 pm
Could have done much better, wasn't feelin it tonight. Like all things, I didn't expect my workout plan to go smoothly the first week anyways. Time to look forward to next weeks beatings.

True,ha.Can you curl 225? If so i want to see a video

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:22 pm
I'm not sure, You Grab 185 Pounds and grab 225 Pounds in a Curling Position, and you tell me there isn't an ENTIRELY diffrent measure of weight. It feels as if, your curling twice the load. I'm sure I could accomplish a Single Rep, to Three Reps. But, I want to work my way up the ladder first. Next Week, I'm going for 205/15 Reps. I Train alone, If there was anyone that could keep up with me, I would have a partner down here in the Good ol' State of Florida. Maybe we can get stationed together, eh? lol.

mcbeast
07-05-08, 11:23 pm
I'm not sure, You Grab 185 Pounds and grab 225 Pounds in a Curling Position, and you tell me there isn't an ENTIRELY diffrent measure of weight. It feels as if, your curling twice the load. I'm sure I could accomplish a Single Rep, to Three Reps. But, I want to work my way up the ladder first. Next Week, I'm going for 205/15 Reps.

I want a video

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:25 pm
I want a video

If I get it this week, I'll bring the Digi' in the following week (If it can shoot Video) and record it.

mcbeast
07-05-08, 11:28 pm
Okay,cause according to stats thats sme record type stuff.

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:31 pm
Okay,cause according to stats thats sme record type stuff.

Records. It should be. lol. I think I might, if I'm able, shoot a Video of me Repping out 135lbs for Barbell Curls next Week. See how many Repetitions I get.

mcbeast
07-05-08, 11:31 pm
Records. It should be. lol. I think I might, if I'm able, shoot a Video of me Repping out 135lbs for Barbell Curls next Week. See how many Repetitions I get.

Nah,do the 205

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:33 pm
You just want to see me in a Video' dont ya? lol.

mcbeast
07-05-08, 11:34 pm
You just want to see me in a Video' dont ya? lol.

Yes ;)

No,i just want to see someone curl that much at that weight.Try & get pics up as well,of some of your lifts.Prove you can do it! Haha

The_Beast
07-05-08, 11:36 pm
Yes ;)

No,i just want to see someone curl that much at that weight.Try & get pics up as well,of some of your lifts.Prove you can do it! Haha

Well, you get me a Workout Buddy down here, at the Baileys Powerhouse Gym in Orange Park, Florida and and that won't be a problem. lol.

BTW add me on myspace. I think I deleted you.

mcbeast
07-06-08, 12:09 am
Well, you get me a Workout Buddy down here, at the Baileys Powerhouse Gym in Orange Park, Florida and and that won't be a problem. lol.

BTW add me on myspace. I think I deleted you.

ALright,why the heck would you delete me,lol.

The_Beast
07-07-08, 10:34 pm
Close Grip Benchpress
135x5
225x1
275x1(VERY, VERY fast)
275x2(W/ 40LB CHAINS)(VERY, VERY, easy)
295x1(VERY easy)

Cleans
225x1
225x0
225x0

Skullcrushers
115 x 8.
135 x 5.
135 x 6.

Heavy Upright Rows
185 x 5.
225 x 5.(Cheat Rows)

js71474
07-08-08, 8:31 am
Heavy work bro! Those cleans are looking brutal, good stuff!

The_Beast
07-08-08, 10:24 pm
Alright, sorry for the copy and paste job above. Keyboard got alittle water in it yesterday and fried it. Bought a new one so, were good now.

Heavy work bro! Those cleans are looking brutal, good stuff!

Ahh. Cleans. well, not really that brutal. Wasn't my day for Cleans. Worked in our Lawncare business, not out of the ordinary obviously, but alot later than usual due to more work from taking off the 4th of July week. Worked from 7AM-6PM. Got to the gym around 9PM. I was obviously, extremely Tired. Nearly fell asleep on the Car ride over. CGBP with and without the chains went alright, once again I did fairly decent due to the toil I put myself through throughout the day, fridays Bench Session, and that I havnt done this movement in along time. my Single with 275 was like a Rocket. It was Quick. The Chains, slowed me down again but I didn't go to failure. 295 was simple and easy, no slow spots, nice and clean. Ran to the Cleans after this, 225 Pounds isn't heavy, its just I have no form on this workout. Honestly, I'm fixing to bag it due to injury prevention. Skullcrushers, Triceps were tired from the Close Grip, and Havnt done this movement in awhile. Pretty Difficult honestly. I did it with a Straight bar, Close Grip on the barbell. Going to work on these. Upright Rows. Literally destroyed 185. 225, another story. Pretty Heavy, had a nice pop' at the bottom and it went up to the pectorals nicely. Overall Decent day.

SizeMatters
07-08-08, 10:53 pm
i need to see a vid of what 225 looks like upright rows cheating or not and while ur @ it go for 225 on barbell curls and throw that shit on there too

ps hows the wrist issue?

The_Beast
07-09-08, 1:57 am
i need to see a vid of what 225 looks like upright rows cheating or not and while ur @ it go for 225 on barbell curls and throw that shit on there too

ps hows the wrist issue?

Its decent. My Grip Strength is my main focus right now. Damn, I never thought I was that wanted on the screen. I hafto get a new camara battery, for the one I have right now in the Sony wont keep a charge. I'll give it a whirl sometime anyway.

BTW:
More than likely now signing up in the ARMY. non-combat, colorblind available. I went to the Air National Guard, and the Air Force today. Air national Guard is 6yrs/20,000 Signup but only had one job I could do, which wasn't bad I just don't want to be reserves. The Air force basically offered the same jobs as the Army, yet they don't have a Sign up Bonus of any kind and couldnt garuntee me ANY job(you pick five, and they pick one for you before you leave or if the don't have any of your five open currently they get you any one they want to anyway). Army is offering me $20,000 (over two years of starting pay, if you put it into perspective), they garuntee my Job, and hopefully I'll have the ability to crosstrain into the Infantry in the future.
Army Job:
25C, Radio Repair/Maintainence.

Going to buy a Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4, with the 6ltr(LS2) once I do Join. Main thing I'm thinking about right now.

SizeMatters
07-09-08, 7:13 am
Its decent. My Grip Strength is my main focus right now. Damn, I never thought I was that wanted on the screen. I hafto get a new camara battery, for the one I have right now in the Sony wont keep a charge. I'll give it a whirl sometime anyway.

BTW:
More than likely now signing up in the ARMY. non-combat, colorblind available. I went to the Air National Guard, and the Air Force today. Air national Guard is 6yrs/20,000 Signup but only had one job I could do, which wasn't bad I just don't want to be reserves. The Air force basically offered the same jobs as the Army, yet they don't have a Sign up Bonus of any kind and couldnt garuntee me ANY job(you pick five, and they pick one for you before you leave or if the don't have any of your five open currently they get you any one they want to anyway). Army is offering me $20,000 (over two years of starting pay, if you put it into perspective), they garuntee my Job, and hopefully I'll have the ability to crosstrain into the Infantry in the future.
Army Job:
25C, Radio Repair/Maintainence.

Going to buy a Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4, with the 6ltr(LS2) once I do Join. Main thing I'm thinking about right now.

thats good man but just remember, somtimes the greatest happiness is not found in material things.

The_Beast
07-09-08, 2:07 pm
thats good man but just remember, somtimes the greatest happiness is not found in material things.

true.

The_Beast
07-09-08, 7:55 pm
fixing to head out to the Gym, Forearms are Shot. Going to still give it 100% though even with the Decreased amount of Grip.

SizeMatters
07-09-08, 9:39 pm
something i thought a powerlifter/strongman liek yourself might be interested in, i was reading in an old mends fitness issue about how old timeers used to sit in an ice bath before they lifted, now im nto saying anyhign like that bit what they reccomended was putting yoru hands aroudn a icepack for 2 minute right before your lift, shockign your CNS, i know this is a little far fetched, but fuck its work a shot?!!?!

The_Beast
07-09-08, 10:42 pm
Icepack?! Ice Baths?! and Ice Packs with Ice Baths!? OH MY!
Damn brother, that is oldschool. I feel if it was worth anything, Lou would have already have it put out there. I take a shower before I lift, to Relax the muscle, and to relieve some of the Tensions. For the most part, to get me in the Mood with alittle quite time.

The_Beast
07-09-08, 10:54 pm
Was alittle Glitched before the Showdown with the Iron. Kept it Steady, and in Complete Animal fashion terminated it. Like usual- No straps, no Belt, just me and the weight.

208LBS BODYWEIGHT Tonight.
"Episode 666"-In Flames.

Bottom Pin, Rack Deads(its definitely been awhile):
225 x 3.
405 x 1.
500 x 1.
600 x 1. (still having trouble with grip, got it locked out then it failed.)
405 x 3. (just to ease out of it.)

Weighted Wide Grip Chins:
BW/45lbs x 18.
BW/45lbs x 14. (Plate was slinging up, I was pulling so fast.)
*(Previous Best, 12 Repetitions at 190 Pounds Bodyweight.)

Seated Calfs:
6P x 8.
8P x 15.
10P x 15.

Close Grip Chins:
BW x 20.
BW x 17 (8+4+3+2.)

Weighted Decline Abs:
BW/45 x 15.
BW/45 x 25-30 (Put myself in a Rage, remember, these were full range situps.)

The_Beast
07-09-08, 11:45 pm
Bottom Pin, Rack Deads

*The Bottom Pin on the Rack was Precise Knee Level.

js71474
07-10-08, 8:12 am
Nice work bro! Awesome pulls on the rack, good work on the chins. Nice choice of music, def. get the blood pumping!

SizeMatters
07-10-08, 9:46 am
Was alittle Glitched before the Showdown with the Iron. Kept it Steady, and in Complete Animal fashion terminated it. Like usual- No straps, no Belt, just me and the weight.

208LBS BODYWEIGHT Tonight.
"Episode 666"-In Flames.

Bottom Pin, Rack Deads(its definitely been awhile):
225 x 3.
405 x 1.
500 x 1.
600 x 1. (still having trouble with grip, got it locked out then it failed.)
405 x 3. (just to ease out of it.)

Weighted Wide Grip Chins:
BW/45lbs x 18.
BW/45lbs x 14. (Plate was slinging up, I was pulling so fast.)
*(Previous Best, 12 Repetitions at 190 Pounds Bodyweight.)

Seated Calfs:
6P x 8.
8P x 15.
10P x 15.

Close Grip Chins:
BW x 20.
BW x 17 (8+4+3+2.)

Weighted Decline Abs:
BW/45 x 15.
BW/45 x 25-30 (Put myself in a Rage, remember, these were full range situps.)

you never seem to amaze me, 600 lbs on racks with hurt foreamrs/wrists, i am scared to think what the fuck a workout would look like if u werent hurting.

SizeMatters
07-10-08, 9:47 am
Icepack?! Ice Baths?! and Ice Packs with Ice Baths!? OH MY!
Damn brother, that is oldschool. I feel if it was worth anything, Lou would have already have it put out there. I take a shower before I lift, to Relax the muscle, and to relieve some of the Tensions. For the most part, to get me in the Mood with alittle quite time.

haha yeah i hear you man it just got me thinking thats all im always up for the edge big dawg

The_Beast
07-10-08, 10:48 am
you never seem to amaze me, 600 lbs on racks with hurt foreamrs/wrists, i am scared to think what the fuck a workout would look like if u werent hurting.

I'm going to stick on some straps one day, and really amaze you then brother, lol. My Forearms (especially the right) are still shot from unknown reasons. My Wrists are doing Great since I stopped the Heavy Barbell Press. Backs done for today, feels like a train wreck.

The_Beast
07-11-08, 8:46 pm
Going to Meps, to Sign the Final Papers on my Army Enlistment Tuesday. Ship out, In less than Two Weeks from Today. $20,000 Signing Bonus on a Two Year Enlistment Term.

DE "Speed" Benchpress:
135 x 3.
185 x 3.
185 x 3.
185 x 3.
175 x 3.
165 x 3.
155 x 3.
145 x 3.

Speed Snatch:
135 x 3.
135 x 3.
185 x 1.

Seated Single Arm Side Laterals:
35 x 15.
35 x 12.

Laying Single Arm Rear Laterals:
35 x 15.
35 x 12.

mcbeast
07-11-08, 10:58 pm
Awesome deal brotha.Hope everything works out well.

The_Beast
07-13-08, 10:22 pm
Damn, No Energy. High Intensity. Soft Techno Music in the Background. Just how I like it.
I walked straight into the managers room, after one set of Sqauts and turned on some Death Metal. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, better than the "walking on sunshine" techno Remix. Powerhouse, should change its name to "YMCA" or some shit like that.

Squats:
225 x 20.
275 x 15.
275 x 12.(heels on 10s)

Zercher Squats:
225 x 20.
225 x 10+10.(20)

I also did alittle biceps, nothing worth talking about. Just one of those days, after squats where I near passed out and couldnt feel my body in the locker room. So, called it enough.

js71474
07-14-08, 8:01 am
Even with no energy you still had a good day bro! Good call on the death metal! Really hope everything goes well for you with the enlistment...good luck!

The_Beast
07-14-08, 8:21 am
Even with no energy you still had a good day bro! Good call on the death metal! Really hope everything goes well for you with the enlistment...good luck!

Thanks brother. I apreciate it. It was just one of those days, my Quads were already alittle sore, from Cardio. I was tired because lack of Nutrition Prior to going into the gym. For the most part, I feel the 20-Repetition Squat Sets without my MP3(battery died in parking lot), were the Demon of all of this.

I'll list my Diet from yesterday:

#1. Nat. Peanut Butter/Jelly Sandwich (12oz. Milk/8oz. Orange Juice.)
#2. 16oz. Steak, 13oz. Spinach.
#3. Healthy Choice, Ham and Chees Sandwich.
#4.(post workout) 32oz. 3 Cheese Meat Lasagna, 4 Peices of Toasted Garlic Bread
"Mmmm. Mmmm. Good."

BTW: I have been steadily Dropping Bodyweight also(205 Pounds Again), without Any Strength Decreases. So, thats a positive.

The_Beast
07-14-08, 4:43 pm
Are you fucking kidding me, I can now not use my Chains because the Manager states that no outside equipment is allowed in the Facility due to medical liability. (a man that looks like he is better suited for Burger King, than any fitness facility)
Damn..First Soft Techno Music, now this...I was so upset, I walked out after he told me this.
(to be reasonable, I went to the Powerhouse because it is THE POWERHOUSE! not the Damn YMCA or whatnot.)

CGBP:
45 x 10.
135 x 5.
275 x 1.
275+Chains x 2.
275 x 5.
295 x 1.

js71474
07-14-08, 4:52 pm
Way to get that shit done bro! Love the dedication, and you still got a good cgbp session in WITH the chains!

The_Beast
07-14-08, 4:58 pm
Way to get that shit done bro! Love the dedication, and you still got a good cgbp session in WITH the chains!

Yeah, I kinda Stalled off last week. I feel it was the DE Training last Friday, the the Zerchers yesterday really put a Beating on my Upper Body. Lets just say I wasnt Feeling 100% like usual on Bench/Shoulder/Tricep day.

mcbeast
07-14-08, 7:43 pm
Wow,sounds like an awesome powerhouse! Kidding,well brotha.We may end up being stationed on same base,that would be awesome.I was told 60/40 chance ill be sent to the sandbox.

SizeMatters
07-14-08, 11:25 pm
fuck man dont let that shit stop u go find an old school gym and go fuckin kill it.

The_Beast
07-15-08, 9:49 pm
fuck man dont let that shit stop u go find an old school gym and go fuckin kill it.

Damn brother, I Wish I could. The closest Hardcore Gym is around a Two Hour Round Trip (Orange Park Fl. to Jacksonville, Fl.) alittle out of my Way with the Soaring Gas Prices. All this shit just has been coming up lately, as new gym managment came through. I'm shipping out the 23rd so it don't really matter that much anymore.

The_Beast
07-15-08, 10:12 pm
US ARMY Active Duty.
Shipping out, July 23rd to Fort Jackson, SC.
(25C) Radio Operator/Maintainer.
9 Weeks BT. (Fort Jackson)
15 Weeks AIT. (Fort Gordon)
2 Year, 27 Month Enlistment Period/20,000 Signing Bonus.

mcbeast
07-15-08, 11:11 pm
Nice stuff brotha.You know i can actually request to get stationed with you?

I hope to see you out there either way,and God bless us both if were in the sandbox.

The_Beast
07-16-08, 7:49 am
Nice stuff brotha.You know i can actually request to get stationed with you?

I hope to see you out there either way,and God bless us both if were in the sandbox.

Yes, You can. You will be Coming to the Same AIT Tech School Obviously, Regardless. (If you choose my Job). I actually, Hadto pull a slot off of Next Months Roster, because they stated I was shipping out yesterday, they called the Rock and no more slots were open for this month, so they hadto go into next months and pull a slot/bring it back. (ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT A PROGRAM TO BE AN E2 WHEN YOU GO IN. DONT SIGN OR SWEAR IN UNTIL YOU GET THAT EXTRA STRIPE IN RIGHTING AT MEPS AND AT THE RECRUITING STATION ON YOUR PAPERWORK/CONTRACT.) It's just a small Physical, and Military Exam. they do right at the recruiters office. They give you a Study Guide. etc.

It's the diffrece between starting pay of 1200$ Per. Month and $1500 Per. Month. and Countless months trying to chase that stripe, when it can be yours in less than an hour.

BTW:25C is non-combat related. So, I/We wouldn't be getting shot at anyways. lol.

mcbeast
07-16-08, 9:14 am
Yes, You can. You will be Coming to the Same AIT Tech School Obviously, Regardless. (If you choose my Job). I actually, Hadto pull a slot off of Next Months Roster, because they stated I was shipping out yesterday, they called the Rock and no more slots were open for this month, so they hadto go into next months and pull a slot/bring it back. (ASK YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT A PROGRAM TO BE AN E2 WHEN YOU GO IN. DONT SIGN OR SWEAR IN UNTIL YOU GET THAT EXTRA STRIPE IN RIGHTING AT MEPS AND AT THE RECRUITING STATION ON YOUR PAPERWORK/CONTRACT.) It's just a small Physical, and Military Exam. they do right at the recruiters office. They give you a Study Guide. etc.

It's the diffrece between starting pay of 1200$ Per. Month and $1500 Per. Month. and Countless months trying to chase that stripe, when it can be yours in less than an hour.

BTW:25C is non-combat related. So, I/We wouldn't be getting shot at anyways. lol.

Arlright ill ask,so your ship date is pushed back? Is that what your saying? Well,honestly? Combat seems like it would come natural to me.Wouldnt mind unloading lead all day.But,im starting a family.Tho some combat experience would help me with dea/atf/swat type deal.

Also,another brilliant idea of mine.Do minimum contract,and get schooling done with.& Re enlist,see if i can go to officer training school,get out finish my contract and be making shit tons of money.That would help me goin in higher in an agency as well..

Anyway just ideas.

The_Beast
07-16-08, 9:57 am
Arlright ill ask,so your ship date is pushed back? Is that what your saying? Well,honestly? Combat seems like it would come natural to me.Wouldnt mind unloading lead all day.But,im starting a family.Tho some combat experience would help me with dea/atf/swat type deal.

Also,another brilliant idea of mine.Do minimum contract,and get schooling done with.& Re enlist,see if i can go to officer training school,get out finish my contract and be making shit tons of money.That would help me goin in higher in an agency as well..

Anyway just ideas.

NO, its pushed forward from what I thought initially it would be. (thought it was the 24th).
Well Brother, Combat depends on your severity of Colorblindness, and if you passed the falant light test after the cards. THERE IS ONLY TWO JOBS IF YOU DIDNT PASS THEM, Both non-combat related. You still get the GI Bill, $39,000 and all the Schooling, doesn't matter how long your Term is. You can't just choose the Minimum, it's very rare it even comes up. Most jobs require Four Year Minimum Enlistment Time. It's very Hard to get your schooling all done in the Military, but its possible. Most, use the GI Bill when there Term Ends. If you come back, "Prior Service" I'm not positive you recieve another Bonus. Officer Canidate School, More than likely takes a Very High Score on the Asvab to even be eligable and Doesnt offer bonuses of any kind. Once you Enlist, you can Retake the test without any problems.

SizeMatters
07-16-08, 5:17 pm
US ARMY Active Duty.

i respect that shit so much man be safe i will say a prayer for you.

The_Beast
07-16-08, 7:20 pm
i respect that shit so much man be safe i will say a prayer for you.

Thanks brother, It's people like you that keep me going...

mikejones1
07-16-08, 7:30 pm
i know you guys havnt even joined yet, but keep in mind, for when you get out -
Vocational Rehabilitation.
ALL school payed for (including books and supplies and a $500 stiphen(sp?) a month) in the state you live in, no matter where you go, as long as you get accepted to that school of course.
a couple of things require you to get accepted for it. maybe talk to your recruiter about it, maybe not, cause he might get mad your thinking about something when your finished and you havnt even joined yet. but he shouldnt get mad, because hes a recruiter.
Im mentioning this to you because a lot of people dont know about it, even people that are in the military or recently got out. its not something the military tells you too much about, cause the VA handles it.
but drop me a pm if your interested, or ask your recruiter.
Im going in tomorrow actually to get accepted for voc rehab.

The_Beast
07-16-08, 7:35 pm
So Yeah, I didn't pull 600'lbs today. Quads are Shot from Hell. So what, I didn't expect to, If I did, I would know that I needed to blow out my Quads even more where I wouldn't get it next week. Had a AWESOME Pump in the Forearms from my Shoulder Width Grip Chins. 100% Positive, that I had an Awesome Forearm, Bicep, and Back day in the Gym Today.

Rack Pulls (No Rest Period):
225 x 3.
405 x 1.
500 x 1.
600 x 0.

Barbell Rows(Set it down, to re-assure my Grip):
315 x 20. (8+12)
335 x 13. (10+3)

Wide Grip Chins(along with SS Shoulder Width Grip Chins):
20. (like a bullllletttttt).
10/10. (Lats started getting pumped, damn them, hahaha.)
10/10.
9/7.

Dumbell Curls, Seated.:
30lbs x 30-45.(didn't count, was in an Metallica'n Rage Frenzy)
30lbs x 25.(TOO much Pump...)

Outward Forearm, Static Bar Holds(15-30 Seconds):
45lbs.
45lbs.
45lbs.

Duel Plate Pinch(in Seconds):
45lbs x 45.
45lbs x 60-70.

The_Beast
07-16-08, 7:37 pm
i know you guys havnt even joined yet, but keep in mind, for when you get out -
Vocational Rehabilitation.
ALL school payed for (including books and supplies and a $500 stiphen(sp?) a month) in the state you live in, no matter where you go, as long as you get accepted to that school of course.
a couple of things require you to get accepted for it. maybe talk to your recruiter about it, maybe not, cause he might get mad your thinking about something when your finished and you havnt even joined yet. but he shouldnt get mad, because hes a recruiter.
A mentioning this to you because a lot of people dont know about it, even people that are in the military or recently got out. its not something the military tells you too much about, cause the VA handles it.
but drop me a pm if your interested, or ask your recruiter.
Im going in tomorrow actually to get accepted for voc rehab.

All My Sister, etc. talked to me about, was the GI Bill ($39,000) and You can use it up to 10 Years after your final term (Optionally, Give it to a Family Member during that period also.)

Will do research on this, thanks brother.

mikejones1
07-16-08, 7:55 pm
All My Sister, etc. talked to me about, was the GI Bill ($39,000) and You can use it up to 10 Years after your final term (Optionally, Give it to a Family Member during that period also.)

Will do research on this, thanks brother.

yes that is true with the GI bill, but im almost 100% its $44,000. That is if you get the "kicker" and pay $600, before you get out, that will add $4,000 to your GI bill, bumping it to something like $43,000.
I forget get the exact numbers, ive been out for a little while now.
So it works out like this, something like $1,250 a month over 3 years, and up till 10 years, but when that money runs out, it runs out, even if you don't finish school.
And you can use the GI bill for things like police department boot/training or fireman training.

With Vocational Rehab they pay for all your school, no matter where you go in your state and pay for all books and supplies for *4* years.

mcbeast
07-16-08, 8:00 pm
Good stuff today,get online you pompus swine!!

Also,did they make that a definite that you can hand your gi bill to family? I thought it was stil up in the air.And Brandon,thats what il be doing

The_Beast
07-16-08, 8:43 pm
yes that is true with the GI bill, but im almost 100% its $44,000. That is if you get the "kicker" and pay $600, before you get out, that will add $4,000 to your GI bill, bumping it to something like $43,000.
I forget get the exact numbers, ive been out for a little while now.
So it works out like this, something like $1,250 a month over 3 years, and up till 10 years, but when that money runs out, it runs out, even if you don't finish school.
And you can use the GI bill for things like police department boot/training or fireman training.

With Vocational Rehab they pay for all your school, no matter where you go in your state and pay for all books and supplies for *4* years.

thats exactly what she told me about the GI BILL. She thought it was around $500. and got you an Extra $6,500. She is Active Duty Air Force.

The_Beast
07-16-08, 8:44 pm
Good stuff today,get online you pompus swine!!

Also,did they make that a definite that you can hand your gi bill to family? I thought it was stil up in the air.And Brandon,thats what il be doing

Yes, its a Definite.
and BTW, I AM ONLINE! GET ON SOME AIM!

The_Beast
07-17-08, 9:00 pm
Hell, Its not the usual day I do anything but life ain't clockwork. Was in the Neighborhood and dropped on by. Decided to push some heavy weight on Chest, Even though I did some serious Back Training and Tricep training earlier in the week and it was still haunting me. All in all, Kicked ass.

Flat Barbell Benchpress:
45 x 10.
135 x 5.
225 x 1.
315 x 3. (not to failure)
335 x 1.

Knee Barbell Cleans:
135 x 1.
185 x 1.
205 x 1.

Olympic Barbell Standing Shoulder Press:
135 x 1.
185 x 1.
225 x 20.

Single Arm, Seated Side Laterals:
30 x 30.

Overhead Olympic Barbell Extensions:
135 x 20.
135 x 20.

1.5 Mile Run Afterwords, through town.

The_Beast
07-18-08, 7:53 am
#1.
ME Benchpress (Flat, or Closegrip.)
Deltoids (Overhead Press, Seated Press, Laterals, or Cleans.)
Triceps (Overhead Extensions, Weighted Dips, or Skulls.)
Calfs.

#3.
ME Deadlift (Rack Pulls, Good Mornings, or Conventional Deadlifts.)
ME Squat (Conventional Squat, Wide Stance Squat, or Zercher Squats.)
Lats/Upper Back (Chins, T-Bar, or Barbell Rows.)
Hamstrings (Romanian Deadlifts.)
Calfs.

#5.
DE/HR (Speed, or High Repetition.) Benchpress (Flat, or Closegrip.)
Deltoids (Snatch.)
Triceps (Tate, or JM Press.)
Calfs.

#6.
Biceps (Barbell, Cable, or Dumbell Curls.)
Core (Weighted Crunch, Leg Lifts, or Situps.)

mcbeast
07-18-08, 8:37 am
beast!

R.Bearse1
07-19-08, 2:25 am
US ARMY Active Duty.

I FEEL SO RIPPED OFF!!!!! 20G's for NON-Combat MOS, 2 YEAR Enlistment?! I'm 11Bang, 6 Years and got 10G's. Could be cuz I enlisted 3 1/2 years ago, lol!

Have fun at "Relaxin' JAckson" Should be cake walk for an Animal. Be sure to post at least once a week, you'll get the comp time....Unlike Benning's Sand Hill, where you feel worlds away from the states.

Was just bustin ur balls man. Enjoy, it's a good time. You'll be in the box soon.

The_Beast
07-19-08, 8:23 am
I FEEL SO RIPPED OFF!!!!! 20G's for NON-Combat MOS, 2 YEAR Enlistment?! I'm 11Bang, 6 Years and got 10G's. Could be cuz I enlisted 3 1/2 years ago, lol!

Have fun at "Relaxin' JAckson" Should be cake walk for an Animal. Be sure to post at least once a week, you'll get the comp time....Unlike Benning's Sand Hill, where you feel worlds away from the states.

Was just bustin ur balls man. Enjoy, it's a good time. You'll be in the box soon.

Damn, haha. 3 Months ago, before I turned up "Colorblind" at Meps I was offered $25,000 for an (11 Bravo) Infantryman Position for a Four Year Term of Service.

R.Bearse1
07-19-08, 11:01 am
Damn, haha. 3 Months ago, before I turned up "Colorblind" at Meps I was offered $25,000 for an (11 Bravo) Infantryman Position for a Four Year Term of Service.

So you and EE have the same eye issue then? Damn...could use a few more Animals in the Infantry anyway. "Bullet Catchers"(as we affecionately call eachother) don't seem to last long. Lots of guys go for their intial enlistment then re-class or get out.

The_Beast
07-19-08, 2:39 pm
So you and EE have the same eye issue then? Damn...could use a few more Animals in the Infantry anyway. "Bullet Catchers"(as we affecionately call eachother) don't seem to last long. Lots of guys go for their intial enlistment then re-class or get out.

I'm going to try and get, somewhere with the System and Re-class into Infantryman after my Term is up. Its been what I have ALWAYS wanted to do. Initally, Airborne Infantry, but I would like to get some Experiance in the Basic Infantry before hand. Many have told me, certain issues like this one can be "overlooked." (Yes, I can see ALL colors.) just not very small variations in them. Just like many, It has NEVER been a problem for me, I didn't even know of no such thing before I went to the MEPS station. Judging a Good Soldier, from a Bad one based on this reason is absurd. Like I was saying, 250 Pound slobs were getting this position, and they look at me and state I cannot. Let me tell you what he told me, the reason for this.

"If you and your team, find a Big Bright Red Wall and it states a Secret message, in a very small hue diffrence, you could not decode that message."

Tell me where that could affect my Rifleman, Combat Ability, and ALL mechanical abilities and I'm all ears..

(my Total available jobs at Meps, went from 70, to 2 Total.)

R.Bearse1
07-19-08, 4:36 pm
You tell me where that situation has happened in this or any recent conflict and I'll tell ya he has a valid point...fuckin idiots. One of the guys in my basic plt had the same thing...no problem.

The_Beast
10-23-08, 8:29 pm
Out of basic in AIT.good time, lost 35lbs. Went to the gym today, for the first time in 4months. It sucked, well later bros bed time

SizeMatters
10-23-08, 9:51 pm
good to hear from you my brother

The_Beast
10-24-08, 8:07 am
sorry out of class, posted it on my cell. Well, to make it short and sweet I dont even look like the same person anymore. I lost 35lbs, 1/3 of my arms and chest, multiple inches on my quads/hams, and dont even get me started on my Delts. Other than that the Armys been good. in class right now. for AIT. Currently, at FORT GORDON, GA. See-ing my duty station tonight, fast tracked to graduate Dec. 15th. unreal. well here's yesterdays lifts.

Flat Bench:135-8/185-8/225-6/275-1/295-0!?...
yes...295x0.

Cleans:135-2/185-1/205x1.
SAS side laterals:35-12/35-12/35-15.
DB overhead seated press DS:55-8(30-10)/55-5(30-8).

yeah they sucked, and im sore as hell. that was done right after "muscle failure PT" on an empty stomach and not having lifted in 4months. Gotta love the Army and there formations. got to go brothers. take it easy, and godbless. Hooah.

Rexor91
10-24-08, 8:12 am
sorry out of class, posted it on my cell. Well, to make it short and sweet I dont even look like the same person anymore. I lost 35lbs, 1/3 of my arms and chest, multiple inches on my quads/hams, and dont even get me started on my Delts. Other than that the Armys been good. in class right now. for AIT. Currently, at FORT GORDON, GA. See-ing my duty station tonight, fast tracked to graduate Dec. 15th. unreal. well here's yesterdays lifts.

Flat Bench:135-8/185-8/225-6/275-1/295-0!?...
yes...295x0.

Cleans:135-2/185-1/205x1.
SAS side laterals:35-12/35-12/35-15.
DB overhead seated press DS:55-8(30-10)/55-5(30-8).

yeah they sucked, and im sore as hell. that was done right after "muscle failure PT" on an empty stomach and not having lifted in 4months. Gotta love the Army and there formations. got to go brothers. take it easy, and godbless. Hooah.

We suck again!? We're finally gonna get it all back by the time we get outta here and I gotta go lose it all again!!

The_Beast
10-24-08, 8:16 am
forgot to mention, Me and Rexor91 are in the same class, same company, same battalion. Steel jawwed Deadlifts, and some Heavy Duty Squats to come. Report more on it tonight or tomorrow.

SizeMatters
10-24-08, 12:40 pm
thats insane bro what are the odds?

The_Beast
10-26-08, 6:14 pm
Deads 405x1. 475x0. Bb rows 225x5. 2 Sets 225x15 last set. Bb curls 135x10 3 sets db curls 35x15 3 sets. Chins bw 10x2 sets. Basically all me. And rexor did today.

SizeMatters
10-27-08, 2:18 am
hey bro, i need some advice, i wanna swith things up, i remember a while back you mentioning somethign along the lines of chest and lats
together in one workout, what would this look like?

mcbeast
11-20-08, 11:23 am
HOO AH!!

Im graduating tommorow! ive been stationed at ft knox."school of hard knox". Basic wasnt too bad,lol.Hey hit me up asap,i got my cell back last night.Im heading to fort leonardwood (lost in the woods) on friday,ill be stuck there for 9 weeks.Well,get at me when you get the chance.

(went to family day with my battle buddy and his family,time to pig out)

The_Beast
05-19-09, 7:09 pm
Stationed out here in Ft.Bragg. Special Operations of all places. been out here for about four months. not too bad. going to start posting again. back to 200lbs. Lets Train.

The_Beast
05-19-09, 8:47 pm
man. motivation 0% like usual lol.
Military Barbell Press:225x12, 225x8. 185x8x2.
Side Laterals:35x8, 30x8x2.
Arnold Press:40-45x8x2.
Barbell Curls:135x15, 155x8.
Dumbell Curls:30x12x2.
Hammer Curls:30x8x2.
Suicide (pyramid up/down) 30 to 5 to 30x8.

was out in the field for two weeks, first workout since back in garrison.

SizeMatters
05-20-09, 1:12 am
glad ur back bro hows life?

BEASTOFRAGE
05-20-09, 4:56 am
strong work bro!
TB

The_Beast
05-20-09, 5:38 pm
glad ur back bro hows life?

Horrible. to say the least, being out in special ops isnt for the musclebound. numerous 5 mile ruck runs and 6 mile runs a week will prove its toll. im training and eating as best as i can but i work so many hours a day and dont have enough free time to eat more than two whole meals a day. i drink two shakes a day, and snacks inbetween. just sucks. getting out of this bullshit as quick as i came in. they look as more physically muscular people like there wrong. they share no pity when a 250lb 6ft freak cant run a 13 minute two mile, instead they get him taped and call him overweight. all in all, love serving my country but better things than this.

mcbeast
05-22-09, 6:28 pm
Yep.I didnt pass my tape,had to drop 11 pounds in 2 days.I say....never again.

790 some days left ;)

Good luck.Enjoy the army life.

The_Beast
05-25-09, 10:53 pm
Did alittle chest and triceps(first time in three weeks)...at 7AM on my Memorial Day 4-day pass..
Flat Benchpress:
45x20
135x1
225x1
315x1
225x8
225x8
225x5
225x3
225x5

Seated Overhead Barbell extensions:
135x15
135x12
135x8

Weighted Dips:
90lbsx8
90lbsx5

Incline Chest flys:
35x8x2.

SizeMatters
05-26-09, 3:00 am
Horrible. to say the least, being out in special ops isnt for the musclebound. numerous 5 mile ruck runs and 6 mile runs a week will prove its toll. im training and eating as best as i can but i work so many hours a day and dont have enough free time to eat more than two whole meals a day. i drink two shakes a day, and snacks inbetween. just sucks. getting out of this bullshit as quick as i came in. they look as more physically muscular people like there wrong. they share no pity when a 250lb 6ft freak cant run a 13 minute two mile, instead they get him taped and call him overweight. all in all, love serving my country but better things than this.

damn that really sucks, just remember that which dosent kill us...

The_Beast
05-26-09, 8:12 am
damn that really sucks, just remember that which dosent kill us...

you say that till you enlist bro. the military is a whole diffrent type of animal. deploy in 7 weeks btw for 8 months overseas.

mcbeast
05-26-09, 3:02 pm
you say that till you enlist bro. the military is a whole diffrent type of animal. deploy in 7 weeks btw for 8 months overseas.

Your delpoying? Where to? Heck,i almost want to deploy.Get back and have a year left,lol.