PDA

View Full Version : Why do you do this?

Tork
04-16-08, 5:15 am
This is my Diary,

Today I was asked the question of all questions...the same one I ask myself everyday...Why do you do this?...

I replied I do this because when I wake up in the afternoons and I take a look in that mirror I tell that guy that you can do better. You will do better. I look in the mirror and think where are you going? To the gym is always the answer that comes back. Still I get the question why? Where do you get your motivation to go to the gym everyday? To eat fucking 10 meals a day...to listen to Tool and Godsmack till your ears Bleed? I say to them because I am what I want to be and that is Defined. Something that no one else is. Every day I have to redefine myself. I have to make myself better. I have to do something to myself to prove that I can and will be better than all the regular joes out there that sit on the couch and scrutinize.

I am All That Is Animal because I don't quite. I don't follow a path I make the motherfucker. I look in the mirror and I tell that guy that the little ring around your midsection is getting smaller but it isn't small enough. I tell him that your traps and chest look good, but you still need more. I tell him that 202 pounds is only Regular not Animal. I tell him that 16% BF is unacceptable. I tell him to go fix it. I tell him to get his ass in the gym. I tell him it is going to hurt. I tell him it is going to be full of soreness. I tell him that it aint no fucking picnic, and most of all I tell him....no one else is doing it so you must lead the way.

I get to the gym and I see all of those that claim to be bigger than me. I see them...I watch them....they cheat on reps, they bounce bars off thier chest, they lean on the bench try to schmoose a chick, I let them. I know that they don't have what it takes, look at those chicken legs, look at those small forearms. They don't care about anything that doesn't have to do with the beach muscles.

I go to my place, ear buds in raging music in my ears, slight look down at the floor in concentration thinking about the next exercise and rep. Feeling out my senses analyzing thinking listening to my body. I don't do this for the chicks, I don't do this for the numbers, I don't do this for them, I do this for me, I do this because this is my life, this is my motivation.

After hearing this explaination, all I ever get is oh...ugh...your obsessed. I just shook my head and said you don't even understand.

I am going to continue this thread everyday, put my thoughts in, anyone who wants to follow on lets roll.

Tork
04-16-08, 5:27 am
Today is chest day.
Pak, Flex, Nitro, Cuts, Shock Thereapy 30 minutes prior to workout.
I got to the gym and I saw all of the so-called regulars and I just tried to ignore them and stay away. I started with incline, 95 x 25, 135 x 15, 145 x 12, 150 x 10, 155 x 8 + 2 neg with no rest. I was feeling good after this, dropped in my storm, and started with DB pullovers. 40x20, 55x12, 65x10, 75x10 good stretch. I got stopped and asked about DB pullovers and what he was doing wrong. I told him nothing, just sink your ass a little more. I don't mind being stopped for advice, but I hate being stopped and told that I am wrong and should do it this way. I moved on to the Hammer Strength Machine for Wide Grip Presses, 140x15, 160x12, 180x10, 200x8 + 3 Negatives. I did a one second hold and squeeze at the top of each rep for all on the HSM. 35 minutes on elipticle at resistance 6 on Manual. I am cutting so I cardio everyday.
Nitro directly as I leave and Max + 1/2 cup of oats half hour later.

I love the eye candy in the gym, but I hate it too, great for looking at, but all these chicks come in here and flaunt thier selves and shit, I hate that, I don't go to the gym to see that shit, wish I could find just a little hole in the wall, and quiet without the damn R&B Love songs going.

Tork
04-16-08, 7:27 pm
Today is Shoulder Day, I get irritated on shoulder day because I feel that shoulders are my week point and I just don't seemt to know enough good exercises to bust em' up. I am going to have to get Animal Training DVD for Delts.

So anyways, last week I did Behind Neck Press and front ss lat raises, and lawn mowers. This week, I got to do something else and I only know a few more exercises.

Pak, Flex, ST 30 mins prior. I am off the cuts as of today for a week. I decide to try something, Nitro during the workout with the storm and directly after.

High Pulls with EZ bar
65x15, 85x12, 95x10, 95x10 all slow and controlled with a good sec squeeze at the top.

Nitro and Storm in. I just sip the storm through out this next exercise.

Sitting Front Raises
25x12, 25x12, 30x10, 30x10 all slow and controlled

Barbell Shrugs
135x20, 1 second pause at top for good squeeze
185x15, same good pause for squeeze
225x12, same good pause for squeeze
245x4x4, grip loss after 4 had to drop bar, went directly back picked it up and grip lossed again after 4, not enough squeeze, pissed me off, so I decide to do another exercise.

Double lawnmower pulls
20x12 nice and slow
30x8 barley made 8
30x10 little cheat on last rep, but still got the nice slow pull

20 mins bike on HILL Climb. Resistance ranged started at 4 all the way up to 16 and back down to 10 to the end. This was really hard for me, legs ached afterwards.

Nitro with water when I hit the Car, 1/2 C. Oats and Max 30 mins later.

So during my last exercise of lawnmower pulls, some guy who is tall and chicken legged was doing cable pec flys. put like 90 on the cable and leans forward far as he can and pushes with his arms at his arm pits like doing a regular flat bench. I just let him think he was big and doing the exercise completely wrong. I asked him, I says he bro, you mind if I get in between your sets? He say sure. I think he thought I was doing the same exercise as him. Of course I wasn't and if I was, I would show him up anyways without sayin nothin. So, I lower each side of the cable machine to the bottom so I can do my lawn mower pulls. He freaks out, jumping in means you do the same exercise as me. I told him I wasn't doing chest I was doing shoulders. He got all pissed and left and went to some free motion machine to finish his wanna be fly's. I was content, I pissed someone off because I moved the cable down. I love pissing people off without trying, this is the military and when you are a SGT like I am, people don't bother to say shit to you when you do stuff like I just did.

This guy easily out weighed me and was much taller, but point of the fact is you don't have to be rude to tell some one to fuck off. I pretty much told him to fuck off with out saying it. I didn't even try to do it. If someone wants to jump in with me I let them, it is not hard and it don't take long to move the cable wheels up and down the tower. What an asshole, glad that guy doesn't work for me.

After this incident, some chick comes in with that smelly fucking shit on!! Damn do I get mad about that bullshit, I am trying to breath while I am biking and this bitch wants to come flaunt her fat ass around. She wasn't even good looking which is the worst part, atleast if she was good looking, I could have something to stare at. This is why women and men should not share a weight room...this is not a bar....this is not a place to meet chicks....this is IRON....live, eat, breath, and love the Iron! This is what separates the MEN from the BOYS!

twisted_steel
04-16-08, 9:48 pm
Right on brotha!!! I love your posts...keep it up and post ur thoughts and experiences. i love reading this shit...makes me realize im not the only one whos dedicated to the game...to the iron game. But i must say, those fucking bimbos in the gyms do make things nice sometimes...and sometimes u just wanna wrench their little necks.

steelarms
04-16-08, 10:05 pm
bro you wrote a master piece and it should be remembered

MANABOLIC
04-17-08, 7:03 am
lool ! finally some1 has a bad ass attitude ! my posts have been pissing all those "touchy-feely" dudes around here coz I was "too aggressive" and "selfish". fuck the other guys at the gym, i am the alpha male, when i want a piece of equipment, i do get it. i have been busting my balls, day in and day out for 12 bloody years. who cares if others workout or not ? when u are a skinny kid or a beginner, u wait for ur turn to grow and u pay ur dues. i did that, even now, if a bigger dude came around and asked to use what i was using, i wud give it to him. big guys earn that. it's like a pack who must have 1 leader. i eat first, i train first, then fuck all the rest. let the food chain massacre begin !

Carpe Diem P.T
04-17-08, 8:32 am
Tork here understands humility and respect. You seem to fall a bit short every time.

Leader: a person who rules or guides or inspires others ...

Your theory on others is 'who cares if others workout or not'.

Your not badass, you just have a bad attitude.

2) Leave Your Ego At The Door ...
We don't need to hear how you're better than everyone else in your gym, how you're more hardcore. There is always someone bigger and stronger than you... In here, we expect humility and respect... We expect an atmosphere of support and positive thinking.

I have had my say to you and you wont hear directly from me again.

I hope things turn around for you and you manage to have a more positive outlook on life and those around you.

Iron 3
04-17-08, 5:07 pm
hey Tork. Posts look pretty good so far. Look forward to reading more.

GorillaGenetics
04-17-08, 5:42 pm
you just seem disrespectful man your the kinda person that makes people who dont understand bodybuilding assume that big guys in the gym are dickheads. if you are as big as you think you are and show every one up on machines at the gym you should use your knowledge to help inexpierienced people out not cut in on them when they are doing flys inproperly and bein a dickhead.

Tork
04-18-08, 12:48 am
you just seem disrespectful man your the kinda person that makes people who dont understand bodybuilding assume that big guys in the gym are dickheads. if you are as big as you think you are and show every one up on machines at the gym you should use your knowledge to help inexpierienced people out not cut in on them when they are doing flys inproperly and bein a dickhead.

No, you need to understand something. There is a un-written rule that most experienced gym goeres know. We know that when you are in the gym, you do not stop a total stranger in the middle of a set to tell him that he is fucked up. If I spent my time in the gym correcting people, I would never get my own workout done. Plus this guy was bigger than me and probably stronger, but the point is, he probably would look at me and think that I didn't know nothing anyways.

On the other hand, I see your point, but you have to understand that you have to have a partner or someone you know, and then you casually ask if you could suggest something without being rude. Think about it, if you were doing a exercise and some complete stranger came up to you and said hey, you doin it all wrong, would you get pissed off? Most people are not that open to perfect strangers right or wrong.

There, I gave you both sides of the arguement, don't be thrown the name callin around, it just proves your ignorant.

Thanks to all of you who like my thread and read it. I will continue to post my thoughts and my examinations in the gym and of my diet and of what I think. Just remember, these are my personal opinions, it doesn't mean that they are right.

Tork
04-18-08, 1:21 am
Arm Days...

How else do you describe Arm days? The one day that it seems the day that everyone is doing no matter what day of the week it is. If I decide to do arms yesterday there would be a million mothefuckers using all of the DB's and BB's and Cables and shit. This is the only day that I hate doing everytime I go to the gym because I have to wait for shit and I seem to loose my heart rate sometimes waitin so long.

So today I tried something different. I usually show up to the gym at 1600. Today I showed up at 1500. Worked out perfectly, not near as many people using everything. So I walk in and I meeted by the same smiling faces that I see everyday when I walk into the gym. They say hi like they do everyday and then they smile at each other and giggle like they do everyday.

I don't really know what that means, they are all chicks and well they work there, and they do the same thing everytime I come in the gym. Fuck it I don't care I am married anyways. So I get stopped on my way to the water fountain and asked by someone...don't know who this guy is, but he says, man I see you in here everyday and you just seem to get bigger and bigger and bigger. What are you doin? I look at him, I smile and I say what no one else will.

He looks all confused, looked at me and says what might that be? Is it a exercise? Supplements? Fat Burning pills? I said no it is none of those things. He says then what? I said, passion, sweat, blood, tears, pain, food, food, food. He said I have all that and I am not getting any bigger. I said well then you missing one thing and said what is that. I said ANIMAL.

ANIMAL? What the fuck is Animal? I said it is a way of life...I finished walking to the water fountain and filled my shaker with my Storm and my Liter bottle of water. I then head to the Dip Bars...

Dips
BWx15, BWx12, 10+BWx10, 25+BWx5 + 5 more BW to failure.
All dips I do deep to full contraction and extension. Slow and Controlled for good burn

1 Arm DB Preacher Curls
30x12x2, 30x12x2, 35x10x2 after 7 Assist last 3, 35x10x2 after 4 Assist last 6
I did these extremely slow, 2 or 3 second extension, plus 1 second plus a squeeze at the top.

Storm and Nitro In

Sitting Dips
BWx20, 45+BWx15, 100+BWx12, 125+BWx8
All of these I did deep like usual and slow and controlled

Reverse Grip Straight Bar Preachers
45x12, 55x12, 55x10---fail, 55x8---fail

Overhead Rope Ext.
80x15, 90x12, 100x10
At the top of these I twist my wrists so that the palms face out adds a little extra burn at top. Good pause with a slow and controlled movement.

Straight Bar (Cable) Curls
80x15, 90x12, 100x10
I put a pause at the top for good squeeze for each rep.

I didn't have time for Cardio today because I had to be to work a bit early.

So I failed at making my shoulders sore. I thought I had a pretty good workout yesterday. I am going to have to do something. Maybe I won't ever be able to get them bitches sore.

What am I to do?

So the good ole' boy I was try to explain Iron to in the beginning of the day stopped me again on the way out and said, what did you do different then me today? I asked him what he did? He said I did Arms. So what exercises did you do? I did curls with the Bend Bar and DB curls and tricep pushdowns with the machine. I said, what about dips, what about preachers? He said I don't like those exercises they make my arms hurt. I said that is why I get bigger and your not. You have to want the pain, you have to like the pain, you have to be sore the next day or your just spinning your wheels.

He looked at me and said, Oh ok, I see you tommarrow. I see ya tommarrow, by the way what are you doing tommarrow? He said Chest, I said ok, if you need help just ask and I will give you a hand....

So, as I hopped in the truck I thought to myself, I got another, another Animal in the making...

Tork
04-18-08, 9:59 pm
There is that Word...most fear it...most hate it...some avoid it....

I anticipate it....I own it....LEGS!

Today is the much anticipated Legs Day for me....I fucking love legs!!!! Since my dissapointing workout from last week pissed me off so much, I decided that I would punish myself today and see if I can get my weights up. I think I succeeded. I haven't compared my weights to the week prior to last, but I will and of course we will see.

So i made a mistake today...i walked into my gym as usual and as usual it was empty because well it is friday and everyone has to go drink tonight so they are at home primpin and all that...Me I am right where were I belong I am home.

So, I am on my last set of squats and after 6 sets of slow deep and controlled squating, I was fucking done...DUN! So as I pick up the weight it feels heavy as shit...not usual for me to pick up 245 and it is heavy as shit. I have owned this weight for a long time, so it to feel heavy means I am getting weak. Fuck it, time to own it out...I want 8 reps, but I know I will probably on get 6.

So i pick up the weight and with Godsmack blaring in my head, I say fuck...I guess it was just a little louder than i thought, because after the set, the big guy next to me told me to watch what I say there are Civilians in here, he said just scream next time....
I kind of shrugged it off and said ok, sorry. Thinking to myself what a jackass! Then after contemplation, I was wrong. It is not very professional to scream FUCK, whether I screamed it or not, I didn't push the argue issue it was just a ok. I mean the guy was a nice guy and wasn't a dick to me, so I was nice back and not a dick. It is ok to be wrong and I was wrong, so I told him sorry and I won't do it next time.

So this is what my workout looked like...

Squats (slow and controlled, Ass in the Grass) we are talking about 1-2 seconds on the down and 2 seconds on the up. Put the Storm and the Nitro in after 205 set.

135x15,135x15,195x12,205x10,215x8,225x8,245x6.

I almost puked after the 245x6. It just felt really heavy and I knew i was getting weak. I still think that that was a pretty solid squat session and I think it was better than the one 2 weeks ago.

Weighted Lunges DB Alternating (this is per leg)
2 25x 10, 2 30x10, 2 35x 10, 2 40x8 (15 second pause, pumped out last 2)

Leg Extensions (Machine) good burn to finish them off
110x10, 120x10, 130x10

Leg Curls Sitting (Machine) good burn to finish them off
90x10, 110x10, 120x10

Legs are now weak and rubbery...best feeling in the world.

Calf Raises Weighted one foot at a time (machine) 1-2 second pause at the top for squeeze
50x10x2, 60x10x2, 70x10x2

Calf Raises Weighted (Machine) 2-3 second pause at the top, really slow and controlled
110x10, 120x10, 140x10

After all that I did 15 minutes on the Elipticle on a flat course at a resistance of 3 at a stride of 150+ per minute. This was just to help take some of the sore out for tommarrow maybe. I don't know if it will help, but I still needed to get some cardio in anyways.

I stretched for 5 minutes after all exercises. I got to the truck and took my Nitro with the Torrent.

I got the Torrent in last night and i was so excited to stick it into my arsenal of supps. I can not wait till tommarrow to see how it affects me. The count down is still on for Omega 3 days left...soon...oh so soon....

Tork
04-20-08, 11:46 pm
So I decided to look and compare my weights from a few weeks ago and I think I definatley improved. Not only did I do more reps with the same weight, I hit all of my rep ranges, except the last one and that was still more then a couple of weeks ago.

So today is back day...Back day...there is no other day. You have to have a strong back to really have any core strength. So I got the Series IV Animal Training Video in the mail the other day. I was going to watch it today because I am doing Back go figure right? I just ran out of time and did not have a chance to watch it. Wrath does say that they key to having a strong back is going OLD SCHOOL...you definatly have to get the DVD. He has his basic workout and exercises he swapps in and out in it.

So I went to do back today. Same time same place. I walk in and it is fairly dead. I start doing my workout and it went something like this...

Old-School T-bar Rows (slow and controlled feel the squeeze)
45x15, 90x12, 115x10, 125x10, 135x8, 145x8
swap the hand on top every other set

Bent Rows Hook Grip
135x15, 155x12, 165x10, 175x10, 185x8
Storm and Nitro In after the 175 set

Bent Row (Machine) Hand face each other
90x12, 115x10, 125x10, 135x8

90 Degree Lateral DB Raises
25's x 10
20's x 10
25's x 10
25's x 10

30 mins on the Row Machine at 30+ strokes a minute. I went for 5 mins straight then rested for 45 seconds for water. I did a total of 5917 meters.

I took my Pak, Flex, Nitro and ST 30 mins prior to workout. Storm and Nitro during. Torrent directly after followed my Max and 1/2 cup of oats 30 mins later.

So, I asked a complete stranger who I watched prior to me doing my DB Lateral Raises if I was doing them right because this is a new exercise for me that I don't do very often. He told me I was doin them right. I did 25 and then went down to 20 and back up to 25 because I wasn't sure if I was doing them right. Once I was sure that I was, I laid it on and went real good speed so I could feel the squeeze in my back. I am going to add these to my back workout. They make a good burn...

Tork
04-21-08, 10:16 pm
So today is Chest day. My buddy finally wore me down and told me that I could not hang with his chest workout. I told him I don't care about numbers and how much I could bench if I did this workout, or how much he does bench. He said I don't go to they gym for anyone but myself. I was like well, I know you bench way more than me, so I will do this, because I haven't changed my Routine in months, so i will try something different.

So he wore me down, and well I have to say I suprised myself and faired pretty well. I think I am going to workout with him for a while and do his routine to change mine up. He goes up and down with the Reps. The flat bench was supposed to be 5 sets of 8 reps. Incline was 10 8 6 4 2, but we did 3 instead of 2. Decline was 5 sets of 5. Pullovers was 3 sets of 8.

See he had some formula he found about making the intensity of your first and last set the exact same by doing a pyramid of reps and adding weight. Then next exercise is supposed to build on your intensity by just raising the weight and doing to same reps. I don't quite understand the whole thing, but I know this I am going to be fucking sore after all the shit today. We had 3 people total today and we worked out for 2 and 1/2 hours. Obviously some time was spent changing weights and for rest periods, but it was fucking intense and I thought it might be cool to try this out for a while. So check this shit out....

Flat Bench
135x15, 155x8, 185x8, 205x6+2 Assist, 225x1 + 7 Assist

Incline Bench
155x7, 165x6, 170x6, 175x4, 190x2 + 1 Assist +1 Neg

Decline Bench
135x15, 185x5, 195x5, 205x5, 215x3+2 Assist

DB Pullovers (slow and controlled, feel stretch)
75x9, 80x8, 80x7

Skullcrushers (slow and controlled with concentration on form)
65x10, 70x8, 75x6

Tricep Pushdowns (Rope) Cable Machine 1 second pause SS Dips
90x10 SS 2, 100x8 SS 1, 110x7 SS 1+1 Assist

20 minutes of Tread Mill at a incline of 4.0 at a speed of 5.6 or more.

These weights and reps are my weights and reps. I got pinned on a few here and there, but I earned and burned some extra stuff later on. It was damn intense and I was pumped for the majority of the workout. I didn't start feeling tired till after the skullcrushers when we got to the Tricep pushdowns and Dips. I was fucking dead by then as you can tell with me only getting 1 or 2 dips. I usually get weighted dips for reps, so that is how I know this shit was intense.

Give this shit a try, promise you will be damn sore the next day. I ordered my Omega yesterday can not wait to get that shit in the mail. It is going to be great. Then my stak will be complete.

Tork
04-24-08, 9:40 pm
Man I hate being late and short on time. Today I had like 45 minutes to get my fucking workout in due to a whole bunch of bad luck. Having to chase down my dog, following fucking school buses and shit. I threw in a Super Set just because I wouldn't have finished if I didn't...

Front Plate Raises (slow and controlled and look through hole)
25x20, 45x12, 45x12, 45x12, 45x12

DB Press Sitting (slow and controlled)
50x10, 50x10, 55x8, 55x8

Front DB Raises Super Set Lateral Raises
25x10 SS 25x10 (for all 4 sets)

No cardio do to no time.
Did not take my torrent at the end of the workout today because I was still sipping my storm on the second to last set.

Tork
04-24-08, 9:51 pm
Arms today and plenty of time for them. I got there extra early. Today seemed to be hottie day at the gym. It was good and bad. I didn't loose my concentration, but the smells drove me fucking nuts. I don't like to smell vanilla and sweet flowers in the Iron Palace. Then what drove me nuts is I was doing my Kickbacks and these 2 real hot ones with great asses came and stood right in front of me when I was starting my Sets. I was using the mirror to make sure that I was getting great extensions and well they stuck there nice asses right in front of my view. FUCK...irritating but in a nice way I guess. Fortunately for them I didn't say what I wanted too...

Standing EZ Bar Curls (slow and good for the burn)
35x20, 75x12, 80x8, 80x8 (2 cheat), 80x8 (1 cheat)

KickBacks DB 1 Arm at a time (slow and controlled, 1 second pause at full extension)
20x15x2, 30x10x2, 35x10x2, 35x10x2, 35x10x2

Preachers EZ Bar (1-2 seconds on the Neg)
35x15, 65x9, 65x7, 65x6, 65x5+2 Negatives

1 Arm Cable pushdowns (1-2 second pause on the full ext.)
40x15x2, 60x12x2, 70x12x2, 75x12x2, 75x12x2

30 mins interval Elipticle at 200+ Strides per Minute. Resistance on the bottom was 4 and incline was at 6. Incline at top was 10 and resistance was 6.

Tork
04-24-08, 10:11 pm
As I look around at everyone staring at me....I am dripping with sweat, Shut up and Train shirt soaked through, chest raises and falling rapidly as I try to catch my breath. I just put up 520+sled for 7 reps on 14 set of the day....100 lb plate + 4 pies looks on each side looks so sexy....I don't do this for the numbers but I fucking impressed myself today....I also learned that my gym etiquet sucks...there is a gym etiquet? What in the fuck is this world comming too...

I was reading a article on BB.com and I saw a article on how to met girls or guys at the gym and what to look for. I wanted to shoot myself in the face. They say it is the newest spot to meet the opposite sex....fuck that....and if you get bothered by my screaming because that why everyone was looking at me....suck it up and stop being a bitch....you got something to say about that....well I don't care to hear it....

The workout...

Hack Squat Machine (No cables) Sled weighs 54lbs empty
54x15, 104x15, 144x15, 254x12, 284x12, 324x8, 334x5 Fail, 344x4 + Dropset 254x7 Fail

Leg Press (all weights plus sled)
340x15, 380x12, 430x10, 470x10, 500x7, 520x7, 560x2 Fail

Calf Press Toes In (2 second pause at top, 1 sec on pos., 2 sec. on neg.)
290x12, 290x12, 290x12, 290x12

Calf Press Toes Out (2 second pause at top, 1 sec on pos., 2 sec on neg.)
290x12, 290x12, 290x12, 290x12

No Cardio ran out of time

Tork
04-28-08, 2:24 am
So I finally got a chance to try out Wrath's Back workout from the Animal training DVD. I watched and took notes. One thing that I did notice about his back workout is that he uses straps for everything on back day. Now, I wasn't getting as sore as I am now 2 days later since the workout. I am glad that I used the wrist straps finally. I have had them and never used them...I just have to make sure that I do grippers.

DL's after 3 isolation exercises is no joke people. I usually do my compounds first, but I did the same order that the DVD showed his exercises in and well, I kicked my own ass. I can DL 300 alot more then 3 times on a normal basis, but I don't care about the numbers, it is all about the Soreness.

So, I noticed something else, I got the torrent and been taking it for PWO shake and have gained 2 lbs in the last week or so that I have been taking it. I do not like this at all. I also have lost no more inches since the last measurement on the 15th. I am the same. So I am going to cut the torrent out do to the 52g of carbs. I asked OX for some advice on my diet also. And see what happens from here, but here is the workout and what it looked like. Better yet, just click on my signature if you wanna see the workout, why am I posting it 2 times everyday? Just occured to me right now.

I also am changing my PB intake in my diet. I am going from Natty Skippy to Natty Smart Choice because the Smart Choice Natty uses Flaxseed oil and Omega-3 to make its base. It has a little palm oil in it, but not near as much as Natty Skippy. It is a little more expensive too, but definately has more of a positive effect on my diet I think.

I have to take the next week off except for cardio due to the Marine Corps PFT on this comming friday. I know I am going to do well, but I want to be at full strength so that I can do the best that I can do. I will keep my diary updated with all my thoughts throughout this week still. I am going to go nuts not being able to hit any iron.

I recieved my Omega on Saturday and have been taking it for 2 days now and already have noticed more energy. My piss smells a different after I take it. Not like a pak piss though. I can not wait to see what this does for me. I also got the delts DVD see if this has a good impact on my shoulders.

Tork
04-29-08, 12:28 am
So today I decided to do some Cardio in Prep for this PFT on this upcomming friday. Man do I fucking hate cardio, but I have gotten quite good at it. I also ate shit today. Fuck and I hope I will be able to recover before friday. So here is what happened. I started my run and I was doing quite well. I had about .3 miles left of a total of 3 miles. I got to the entrance of my road and my road is gravel. Thinking nothing of it, I am still bookin, I am at 21 minutes approx. (what my watch says) to my drive way it is .3 miles approximately. So I keep on keepin on and I take a step with my right and not even 1 second later, I put my left down and I roll the shit out of it and eat gravel. Fuck did it hurt. Fucking hurt so bad. I guess I stepped on a rock....I got up and continued to limp to the drive. I made it in 27 mins and some change. I guess I could have made it in 23 if I was jogging and didn't fuck myself up.

I roll my ankles alot and I bought a brace, my right one is the one I usually fuck up. Well it was my left one today and I hope that I can get it well enough for friday. I don't wanna fucking go on Light Duty and have to take another week off. Good to say though that I think I am done the rest of this week with cardio unless my ankle says otherwise.

This is just fucking great, I am already goin insane....

Pizzalamp
04-29-08, 12:47 am
damn im sorry bro...i hope youre able to heal up soon

Derr87
04-29-08, 11:40 pm
hurting your ankles suck. i've hurt both my ankles before and my right ankle was actually fractured during high school and i was out for 3 months. hope the ankle feels better. i assume it should soon because it was just swollen?

anyway, i actually had a quick question to ask. on your post on 4-28-08, you mentioned that you used the wrist straps. i've never used them before either and i was wondering whether i should purchase them. the reason being is that i just got back from the gym today and was actually hitting the deadlifts. i hit 275 today, my personal best, but towards the end of the set, the whole thing nearly fell down because i lost my grip. now is this because the weight is still sorta new to me? or maybe the wrist straps can help me hold onto the weight more securely and hopefully it'll lead me lifting more weight..i hope i didn't ramble off. but i just search wrist straps on the search thing and i found your post =)

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:42 pm
hurting your ankles suck. i've hurt both my ankles before and my right ankle was actually fractured during high school and i was out for 3 months. hope the ankle feels better. i assume it should soon because it was just swollen?

anyway, i actually had a quick question to ask. on your post on 4-28-08, you mentioned that you used the wrist straps. i've never used them before either and i was wondering whether i should purchase them. the reason being is that i just got back from the gym today and was actually hitting the deadlifts. i hit 275 today, my personal best, but towards the end of the set, the whole thing nearly fell down because i lost my grip. now is this because the weight is still sorta new to me? or maybe the wrist straps can help me hold onto the weight more securely and hopefully it'll lead me lifting more weight..i hope i didn't ramble off. but i just search wrist straps on the search thing and i found your post =)

do some forearm/ grip work..... works wonders..

Derr87
04-29-08, 11:46 pm
do some forearm/ grip work..... works wonders..

hm. that sounds reasonable. i've never actually done it because i figured that when i'm lifting, it'll incorporate the forearms as well...

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:49 pm
hm. that sounds reasonable. i've never actually done it because i figured that when i'm lifting, it'll incorporate the forearms as well...

well there are some lifts that require it, but i do a ton of forearm work... hope to achieve wrath forearms one day.... already noticed forearm strength has gone up after a few weeks.

give it a try

Derr87
04-29-08, 11:52 pm
well there are some lifts that require it, but i do a ton of forearm work... hope to achieve wrath forearms one day.... already noticed forearm strength has gone up after a few weeks.

give it a try

thanks a lot. i think i'll start incorporating them into my workout tomorrow.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:53 pm
thanks a lot. i think i'll start incorporating them into my workout tomorrow.

no problem bro.. good luck with em..

Tork
04-30-08, 4:40 am

Bro, I put it to you like this, it is hard to get the full potential out of your back if you don't use wrist straps. Lots of people will tell you that I only believe in lifting what my grip can hold. I believed the same thing until I watch Wrath tear up the whole entire gym using wristies. I used them because I wanted to try something new and see if I liked it.

I had never gotten a sore like I had gotten with the wristies. I was able to do about 30% more weight with the straps. I did almost 40 pull-ups with only a couple of minutes rest in between. I accredit this to less forearm tiredness. Now I did get a good grip workout that day, because I could barly hold the DB at the end of the day when I was doing my rows, but I have never rowed with 80's for sets of 10 or 12 before and I did that with the wristies. So, my answer to your question is....I will use wristies only on back days. I will make forearms 2 times a week thing now because I need to make sure that I don't loose the development because my back benefits better and more from the wristies.

Tork
04-30-08, 4:45 am
So after yesterday's fucking escapades of me eating shit and dieing pretty much all night long during my shift, I decided that I would Ice my ankle throughout the night, put it on its own pillow, and take some motrin. I fucking hate taking drugs or wrapping my ankle and using ice, I feel like such a puss, but sometimes it has to be done and you have to suck up your pride. So I sucked it up and did it....

I woke up this morning and it was about half the size of a baseball and not the full size of a baseball. I was happier. It was still a little stiff, but I could walk without a limp. So I popped 2 more motrin and it loosened up. I think tonight I will do the same thing, just one mroe time so that I can make sure it is good for the PFT on Friday. I am able to climb the aircraft also tonight on shift, so that is a good sign. I think I will be ok for atleast 3 miles on this friday.

Tork
05-01-08, 1:15 am
Ya, so I decided against taking more motrin and putting ice on it again since it didn't hurt this morning when hit the rack. I just took my bedtime shake and went to sleep. I woke-up and my fucking ankle is literally fucking purple. So it didn't hurt as much either. i think I will definately be ok for the PFT on Friday. I rotate it with minimal pain. I did a little trotting on it to see if it hurt and it was just a little minimal pain, nothing that I can not handle for 3 miles.... I just hate being hurt.

Tork
05-06-08, 4:24 pm
May 2nd PFT day, I strapped on the brace and did the PFT with it. I got lucky, no pain during the run with the brace and I ran 3 miles in 23 minutes. I improved my best ever time by 25 seconds and pulled 16 on pull-ups. I made 100 crunches in 55 seconds in the alloted time of 2 minutes. My overall score out of 300 was a 250. So even with a bum ankle, I improved my best time ever by 25 seconds and my overall best score ever by 25 points. I felt pretty good, wish I could have gotten 20 pullups though. I will get it next time, training never stops.

Carpe Diem P.T
05-06-08, 7:38 pm
Bro, I put it to you like this, it is hard to get the full potential out of your back if you don't use wrist straps. Lots of people will tell you that I only believe in lifting what my grip can hold. I believed the same thing until I watch Wrath tear up the whole entire gym using wristies. I used them because I wanted to try something new and see if I liked it.

I had never gotten a sore like I had gotten with the wristies. I was able to do about 30% more weight with the straps. I did almost 40 pull-ups with only a couple of minutes rest in between. I accredit this to less forearm tiredness. Now I did get a good grip workout that day, because I could barly hold the DB at the end of the day when I was doing my rows, but I have never rowed with 80's for sets of 10 or 12 before and I did that with the wristies. So, my answer to your question is....I will use wristies only on back days. I will make forearms 2 times a week thing now because I need to make sure that I don't loose the development because my back benefits better and more from the wristies.

im with you on this one tork. There are plenty of exercises that give forearm a run for their money. i have never felt so pumped in the back since i started using straps. you can really focus on recruiting the muscles needed instead of struggling with forearms.

Tork
05-06-08, 10:02 pm
im with you on this one tork. There are plenty of exercises that give forearm a run for their money. i have never felt so pumped in the back since i started using straps. you can really focus on recruiting the muscles needed instead of struggling with forearms.

Ya, I was very suprised at how much more sore I got when I added straps to my back days. I now use them on every exercise and in a few months when I go on the boat, I am going to get me a new pair, because the ones that I got were given to me, they are in ok shape, but definately will not make it 8 months at sea. I now make sure I hit forearms every week atleast 2 times.

Nihility
05-08-08, 8:49 pm
ive been reading through this, and ive been doing through a bit of what you talk about in here.

i look at all the guys way bigger than me, lifting more etc. but i see them half assing it. why am i not as big or strong as them i ask.. then i realize, ive only been at this 8 months (and i was fat to begin with so im cutting now so i can actually SEE what ive been working for) i realize that some guys here have been lifting for years, and i know.. deep inside.. all it takes is time, persistance. suffering.

i go out to eat with my family, girlfriend, etc. and i get dry chicken breast, i ask if they marinate it in anything and i ask them not to, i even stopped putting hot sauce on the shit that taste horrible (egg whites in the AM) cause it has sodium in it.
people say im obsessive, partly cause i dont LOOK ripped or big yet, (im small genetically, but strong for my size. which i will like when i get really strong but arent huge. im all about lots of strength-to-weight rather than just lifting some huge number)

i look no different than anyone else, cause im 18. all my friends are "fit" and shit cause their drinking hasnt caught up with them yet. their pizza, nachos, etc are all gonna FUCK them in 10 years, and ill be progressively in better shape than before.

there are one or two guys that you can tell lift like animals. do it for the sake of it. best compliment ive gotten is that i saw one of them, scanning the gym, i was on dead lifts. one of the only lifts where i make noise. he looked around, i saw him, he looked at a few big dudes (250+), over at me (165 lbs soft), and i focus, switch on some metal, blast out my 6 reps of a personal best 265 lbs. sweating, i tenderly walk over to my water bottle. he walks over and asks me for a spot. i graciously accepted. nothing was said other than that and a nod after his set, he even needed a tiiiny push (like two fingers under his elbows) to get out that last rep, and i got him through it. he was incline benching like, 320 lbs, waaaay more than i can. with a big breath, he sat up, gave me a respectful nod, and i went on with my workout as did he. thats the respect i think everyone here has for another animal, and this was my first experience with it.

ive never busted my ass so hard the rest of the day in my life.

shit like that motivates me.

damn this is a rant.

all im saying is, i know what your talking about man. its people like you and others on this board that i respect above the shit that is the human race.

need2getBIG
05-08-08, 8:52 pm
ive been reading through this, and ive been doing through a bit of what you talk about in here.

i look at all the guys way bigger than me, lifting more etc. but i see them half assing it. why am i not as big or strong as them i ask.. then i realize, ive only been at this 8 months (and i was fat to begin with so im cutting now so i can actually SEE what ive been working for) i realize that some guys here have been lifting for years, and i know.. deep inside.. all it takes is time, persistance. suffering.

i go out to eat with my family, girlfriend, etc. and i get dry chicken breast, i ask if they marinate it in anything and i ask them not to, i even stopped putting hot sauce on the shit that taste horrible (egg whites in the AM) cause it has sodium in it.
people say im obsessive, partly cause i dont LOOK ripped or big yet, (im small genetically, but strong for my size. which i will like when i get really strong but arent huge. im all about lots of strength-to-weight rather than just lifting some huge number)

i look no different than anyone else, cause im 18. all my friends are "fit" and shit cause their drinking hasnt caught up with them yet. their pizza, nachos, etc are all gonna FUCK them in 10 years, and ill be progressively in better shape than before.

there are one or two guys that you can tell lift like animals. do it for the sake of it. best compliment ive gotten is that i saw one of them, scanning the gym, i was on dead lifts. one of the only lifts where i make noise. he looked around, i saw him, he looked at a few big dudes (250+), over at me (165 lbs soft), and i focus, switch on some metal, blast out my 6 reps of a personal best 265 lbs. sweating, i tenderly walk over to my water bottle. he walks over and asks me for a spot. i graciously accepted. nothing was said other than that and a nod after his set, he even needed a tiiiny push (like two fingers under his elbows) to get out that last rep, and i got him through it. he was incline benching like, 320 lbs, waaaay more than i can. with a big breath, he sat up, gave me a respectful nod, and i went on with my workout as did he. thats the respect i think everyone here has for another animal, and this was my first experience with it.

damn this is a rant.

all im saying is, i know what your talking about man. its people like you and others on this board that i respect above the shit that is the human race.

amen brother,its all about respect

Tork
05-12-08, 7:50 am

damn this is a rant.

Hey Brotha,

Keep on Keepin on, you will be there one day. I do not look massive like all of those guys you see in the magazines. Ya, I have a little bit of a gut, I am not shredded either, but I walk around without a chip on my shoulder like I am one of those guys because that is a good attitude to have. The attitude of I will be better, stronger, bigger, leaner...it is the only way to be. I am glad to hear and see that you have begun to push yourself into another world. Into another Dimentsion, don't worry bro, you will get there, you will be that guy and you will own it. Sooner or later it will all be yours, just don't give up. Good luck, if you need anything let me know.

Tork
05-12-08, 8:08 am
Ya, so I am a deuce bag, I have neglected alot this week of putting my thoughts into the diary for all those to see. I have been setting the shop up and getting them ready to go on this little 20 day cruise in preparation for the long haul. I been doing a good job with the workouts and kicking my own ass. Leg day earlier this past week, I could hardly walk for like 3 or 4 days. I did the hip abductor machine after some heavy heavy squats and leg presses and I felt really ****, but it made me sore.

Get this, this real hot chick was on it before me doin like 125 for reps. I thought that was cool and figured if I she can do that well I can do more than that. I started with 150 and barely could get like 4 reps. I felt like such a bitch. So started with 50 and worked my way up to 90 all for sets of 15. Man I felt gay, she kind of laughed at me. I wasn't trying to show off, but it was pretty funny to see her little ass do that much on the abductor machine and then to see my big ass not be able to do that much. I just smiled at her and went about my business. She was very hot. One of those makes you wish you were single things all over again. But I am happily married and glad, if I wasn't I would probably have some Terminal STD.

Anyways, enough remenising, so things were good all week mostly. Delt with the wife getting mad at me for working out for 2 hours a day. I lift for like 60-90 mins depending on what muscle group and if I have to wait for weights or machines and then I do 30 mins cardio because I am cutting. So all in all it take about 2 hours. This is not to much, but she gets all mad and shit? Go figure? She told me I was fat so long ago all the time and now I workout to much. Women, guess I will never figure them out.

Ya, this weekend, I was real lax. I should have stuck to the diet, but my buddy was visiting, he just got back from the Sand Box and well, put it this way, I had some bacon, some wine, and some hardee's oh and a yogurt. Not all in one day, but through out the entire weekend. Should not have done that. The hardee's hurt my stomach. I got a charbroiled chicken sandwich with some curly's and my stomach felt like shit. I guess when you go so long not eating shit and eating really healthy and good, you can not go back and have a cheat meal like that. I wanted to puke for a few hours after that. I did though stick to water completely and did not drink nothing else except the wine.

I only had 4 strips of bacon with my eggs and the yogurt was later in the day. I had 3 glasses of wine, I love wine and would drink it all the time if it was good for you like water. I am not a alcoholic though. That just isn't my cup of tea.

Anyways, so after all the fucking up this weekend, I decided that I have to earn it this week, I have to do some extra cardio since I hate it so much. I didn't gain any weight from this extravaganza this weekend, but maybe I lost some muscle due to the wine. Anyways, I just should not have done it, but could not resist the temptation because I just haven't had anything not cut diet in so long. I guess ever once in a while is ok....maybe....

Tork
05-12-08, 11:28 am
So the other day I decide to measure my arms and my calves and my stomach to see if I made some gains. I don't care about the numbers, but who doesn't want to see progress right? So I never measured my calves before this, this is my first time doing it and I was at 16.5. That is good, my arms were a 15.5 when I started and I was at like 15 and 7/8 or something, I am going to call that 16. I measured my stomach and I was 33.5. I lost another 1/2 inch which is great. It is getting really slow now, I wonder what I need to change to speed back up the process? I need to step up the cardio though to 45 minutes now instead of 30. See what this does for me.

I am noticing more definition then I used to have. You can start to see the separation between bicep and shoulders, there is now a complete U for tricep area when all you could see before was a bump. I can start to see the abs comming through, atleast the top 4. My legs have great separtion between the tear drops and the outter quad, but nothing noticable between hamstring and quad. Forearms and Veins are really starting to show well. I have always had good seps in forarms, but it has gotten better and now you can see pipes running up and down. My right arm show much more than the left. I wonder why? Anyways, this is on a cut and I am making gains in Definition and still some in size. That is great. Wonder what I will be by the august time frame.

Tork
05-12-08, 11:40 am
Ok, I remember Big Ant having a thread about a year ago talking about the Hip Abductor Machine and how it is real good and well help add numbers to your squat and size to your legs. I can stand a testiment to this now, because like I said above, that chick was doing way more than I was and her legs were way less sore. I was kind of embarrassed to use the machine, because I had to hold my balls so they wouldn't get squished during the contractions. God it was pretty wierd feeling, but it gave my legs a real good sore the next day. I am going to cycle this exercise in every couple of leg days and see what it does. I suggest the same for all of you. Don't Knock it Till you Try it.

Tork
05-12-08, 12:34 pm
So, I know it is going away, but I ordered a couple of cans last week because I had not tried it yet and since in the past I never had a during workout drink, I never wanted to try it because i had the regular nitro. Now, I add it to my storm for during my workout and I could not be happier. I have a bigger workout drink to drink, so it lasts longer and it I still feel good during the workout. Not to mention it is like drinking fucking KoolAid from when I was a kid. Shit tastes so damn good and it is good for me. So, I am going to try to buy up every can that I can before they stop making it. More for the boat the better.

Carpe Diem P.T
05-12-08, 5:39 pm
"I also learned that moving your compound exercise to the middle or then end of your workout after all of the isolation exercises has provided me with much more mass and a nice number increase as well."

i saw you post that in another thread. now my belief would be that by working the smaller muscles first you would be fatiguing them before they get to work the major muscles ie triceps before chest.

whats your thoughts here?

Tork
05-13-08, 9:41 am
"I also learned that moving your compound exercise to the middle or then end of your workout after all of the isolation exercises has provided me with much more mass and a nice number increase as well."

i saw you post that in another thread. now my belief would be that by working the smaller muscles first you would be fatiguing them before they get to work the major muscles ie triceps before chest.

whats your thoughts here?

Well, from what I have experienced in trying many different things over the last couple of months is this. Your smaller muscles may get fatigued faster, but they heal faster on the rest periods also. I am still able to do more on the deadlifts with the straps, but also have found that doing 3 or 4 isolation exercises don't seem to hurt my compound lift by the time I get there. I don't know, maybe it is the Storm/Nitro G mix that I drink during the workout. I just don't seem to loose that burst of energy needed to complete the compound workout intensity. I learned this from watching Wraths Back video. He does his Deads 4 exercise in, after some massive heavy lat pulls, bent rows, and 4 or 5 working sets of pull-ups. I did this routine a couple of times and my weights went up alot. What do you think?

Tork
05-13-08, 10:07 am
So 45 minutes of cardio after the workout yesterday was grueling. I can not wait till this cut is over and I can cut the cardio down to 2 or 3 times a week.

So, anyone ever got on a elipticle and it was lopsided to one side, then some smart fucker decides to put a 2 1/2 lb weight under the lopsided side to make it lopsided to the other side? Ya, so I got on one of the elipticles yesterday and this was my issue. Mad my lower back hurt because it was lopsided and it was the only one open. I decided to switch the weight around to the other side and it didn't help. Oh well....I hope I didn't mess my lower back up, it hurt after the 45 minute interval session.

Tork
05-13-08, 10:19 am
Leaning 1 Arm DB Laterals...

Ok, I seen a guy last week doin these on a shoulder day. They are alot harder than they look. He was doing them with 20's and I normally do lats with 25 or 30's, so I thought he was just weaker than me. I didn't mention this to him, but man was I wrong.

Ok, so go next to the Leg Press Machine or a Rack where you have room to put your feet near your hand....now, feet together and lean either direction holding on to the rack. Lean as far as you can. Now, start in the down position with the DB and raise it up till it is just above the shoulder. This provides a real real good burn in the shoulder and trap area. I felt it real good yesterday when I superseted this with Front plate raises. Control the movement down and back to the orginal position, don't let it swing. Arm is completely straight. You do not have to lockout your elbow, but no Jay Cutlers with the bent arm stuff.

This exercise gives you a much greater range of motion. I personally really like it, so I am excited to see where it takes me. I will post this in the training section for all of the other animals out there.

Tork
05-14-08, 3:24 pm
So, Supersets and Nitro G, this makes me insane according to my company yesterday that was lifting with me. I drink Storm and Nitro G throughout the workout, I usually finish the bottle by the last exercise. I like the taste and it is a good combination and well I just don't seem to get tired, I feel pretty good amped. Not like giddy, but like a wanting. I never fell like "Oh No Not Another Set" like what I was hearing from the company that tried to hang with me yesterday.

I have to admitt one thing, if you look at my Journey, you will see that I did almost all compounds for the Triceps yesterday. I don't normally do this, so this should shock some muscle growth, but I did it for some selfish reasons too, I wanted to hurt the company bad. Their pussing pissed me off, so my company got a little rougher of a workout than intended on hitting them with.

When they got to work today, they were whining about sore arms and cry like fucking girls, but I didn't hear no more, I could hang with you any day during your workout bullshit. Oh by the way, they skipped the cardio.

I didn't talk no trash though and I didn't brag about my weight, even though they could not do it. I was just happy that it was silence today other than the belly aching.

So on a different not, I like the Nitro g and I am going to stay with it. Get it as long as I can until I have to switch over to the EAA Nitro. My supplier says he has lots of cans of the G, so I am going to keep ordering the shit until it is gone.

I am changing the stack up, EAA Stack, Zero G, Uni-liver, and Ultra-Iso Whey. I decide to get off the cuts for a change up since I just completed my 3rd can today and I will finish my last can of cuts in August, till then am going to go with some other fat burners and see what they do. I think it was a House Article I read that reccommended the Zero G, so I am going to try it.

I decided to change my stack because I was reading and learning and surfing like I do everyday and I found Uni-liver, reccommended for years and I was not taking it, since it is a good source of pro and aminos and it is cheap, I got me a 500 tablet tub for 10 bucks. Believe that 10 bucks.

I was looking for a leaner protein and was thinking about the Ultra Iso Whey, then I came across one of Big Ant's threads about what he was changing his stack to for his up comming cut and he was going to use it as his protein source, so that sold me on that one for a try.

The EAA stack was something else that I read by Big Ant, it sounded interesting, so I thought I would try it, but then I found on Universal.com some old school stacks and one of the stacks was ZERO G, ULTRA ISO WHEY, EAA STACK for getting shredded. I thought wow, I was on the right track. So this is what I am moving to, I will let yall know how it goes.

I plan on taking 2 Uni-livers with each meal, EAA Stack scoop or 2 in every water bottle that I drink, and Zero G as reccommended. I am moving to the Zero G so I don't get to accustomed to the Cuts. So all in all the stack looks like this:

Pak, Omega, Flex, Zero G, Nitro, Nitro G, EAA Stack, Ultra ISO Whey, UNI-Liver

Tork
05-15-08, 11:34 am
Ya, had a personal issue come up yesterday and had to leave work directly after it was over and go to a hospital about 1 hour away, so I did not get to do my beloved legs yesterday.
That is going to be today's workout. Since I am changing the stack, I am going to change the workout also. I am doing about 6 days right now, 1 muscle group a day, I think I am going to pick a routine from the Animal Routines on the site and see what happens. I will let yall know what I choose.

Tork
05-15-08, 1:27 pm
So after close contemplation and alot of reading, I decided to change to Routine 5, 4 days split, 2 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 2 off. I am changing this because cardio is included everyday that you lift and because the rep scheme is completely different from what I am doing now and have been doing for the last year and 1/2. Lets see where this takes me. It works like this: 5 sets for every exercise, 8,6,4,2,failure. The failure is at 50% of the weight you started with. I bet this is going to kick my ass, but we will see. I can not imagine going to failure on squats with no partner to catch me, so maybe I will go one rep from failure. Time to put up the big weight....

I have also decided to do a EAA overload on this cut just to see what it does. I was talking to Holdfast and he did one on a Bulk, so I am going to do one on a Cut and see what it does. Sounds promising to me. Maybe it will get me past this inching fat loss that I am barly getting through. Hope so.

Tork
05-16-08, 11:31 am
Holy Shit, I have a deep muscle sore that I have not felt in a long time. Yesterday's workout was just the shit. It was short sweet and definately left me not walking. I forced myself through 30mins of the stepper even though I could barely walk over to the machine. I got asked 3 questions during my workout yesterday, 2 of them were man you go low on squats, that is so dangerous, you shouldn't do that. I looked at them and I gave them my arguement about (AIG) Ass in the Grass compared to Parrallel. I told them about the knee issues and all of the articles I have read on it. I changed thier minds and they even thought about doing it thier selves since they both have knee problems from squats.

The second was some fairly good looking chick, she stopped me on my way into the gym and asked me about my weight belt. She asked me what is was for and how it works. I told her about you stomach pushing against the front and it pulls the small of your back, consequently helping you keep a good arch. She said thanks with a pretty wink and smile. I don't know what that was all about, maybe it was supposed to be some kind of lame come on or play stupid to try to attact a male prospect, but I am married and I don't care about the dumb bitches at the gym....IMO they just get in the fucking way. Same with those Beach Muscle Idiots that only do Chest and Arms and walk around like they own the world.

I was doing Tri's 2 days ago and I was using the Lat bar for wide grip push-downs. I was supersetting this with my weighted hanging dips and well some asshole came over removed my Bar and put the little V bar on thier and started to work the machine. I weight till he was done and then I removed his V bar and put my lat bar back on there and started to work the machine. He was like I was working here, I was like I know, but you changed my grip, I was in the middle of my set, I only got one left if you wanna wait I be done real soon. He just scowled and walked off. He was old enough to be one of those retired SGTMJR's or maybe retired Officer, but point is he didn't like getting kicked off a machine that he kicked someone off of. I wasn't trying to take it back, I was just trying to finish my set. Oh well...life goes on.

Tork
05-16-08, 11:38 am
Tommorrow I start my EAA Stack Overload, I should get my tub in tommorrow. We shall see. I hope so anyways....can not wait to try this overload and see what happens. I will be posting my results and thoughts on the EAA Stack Overdose thread in conjuction with Holdfast. We will both be doing EAA Overdose Stack cuts. We are going to compare and contrast our workouts and the effects so yall can see. Enjoy.

Jay_de
05-16-08, 5:38 pm

I actually noticed this earlier. Today was back day (I won't go into details concerning my total lack of motivation this morning) and I noticed that when I started lifting a bit heavier on certain exercises that my forearms gave out long before my back did.

InkdMuscle
05-16-08, 7:17 pm
Is because one day of being overweight and way unhealthy I had aminor stroke. Right now minor can stroke be, its still a heart attack right. But me having that mile stone set back was not no ones fault but mine. It was the path of never really carring what I put into my ody. And the "gym" what did i need to go to the gym for I was married I had no need to impress anyone. But after laying the hospital bed and having my kids come visit me and for them to ask if i was going to die was the kicker. From that day on I made a promise to my kids and to myself to because a fit dad. So hear I am today 125lbs lighter and muscular as ever. This has become an addiction. An addicition that I say "proudly with my chest pump'd out" that I am glad to have. In stead of turning heads because of how overweight I am I turn then because they know I work out. Animal as done so much for me in that process. SO thats why I do this. Because I am dedicated and its my way of life now.

Jay_de
05-16-08, 7:57 pm
Is because one day of being overweight and way unhealthy I had aminor stroke. Right now minor can stroke be, its still a heart attack right. But me having that mile stone set back was not no ones fault but mine. It was the path of never really carring what I put into my ody. And the "gym" what did i need to go to the gym for I was married I had no need to impress anyone. But after laying the hospital bed and having my kids come visit me and for them to ask if i was going to die was the kicker. From that day on I made a promise to my kids and to myself to because a fit dad. So hear I am today 125lbs lighter and muscular as ever. This has become an addiction. An addicition that I say "proudly with my chest pump'd out" that I am glad to have. In stead of turning heads because of how overweight I am I turn then because they know I work out. Animal as done so much for me in that process. SO thats why I do this. Because I am dedicated and its my way of life now.

Congrats on cleaning it up, man...

The first step's the hardest.

Tork
05-20-08, 4:02 pm
Congrats also on fixing the problem and being better than you are. Good job bro, keep up the good work.

dilema24
05-21-08, 4:22 pm
goood read, really makes you think.

Tork
05-30-08, 8:21 pm
Thanks I appreciate the support.

Tork
05-30-08, 8:32 pm
Ya, so it has been a while since I have had a chance to get on here and update my diary. So here is the scoop. I am loving this Zero G. I think it is working nicely. I have notice lots of improvement on my bicep and triceps as far as visually being able to see them. I have also noticed my stomach has gotten smaller also. This Eaa Overload has help I think also. I don't get hungry with my diet, but the drink helps me stay less hungry through out the day. I am drinking a total of 6 to 7 servings in 1 gallons worth of water, including my Nitro that I take and Uniliver that I take everyday.

I have to confess that I picked up another supplement, it is not universal, it is somethin else one of my buddy's gave me a inside to try. If you want to know what it is, PM me. I will put this out, it is a testosterone booster/fat burner. I think it is helping a little bit. I only been taking it for a week though.

I have more veins now comming out and I feel like I look bigger everyday and more trim. My confidence is up alot more than it was a few weeks ago. I am hoping to keep this up. Just a couple more months.

I have a planned Vacation in August and I am going to use that week to move to a bulk cycle. I am also probably going to take that week off and not workout, because I will be hitting it real hard all the way up to it. I have made some staggering process in the last couple of months if you could have seen what I started out looking like. I am going to keep pressing. My goal is within reach...

Tork
06-09-09, 3:49 pm
The much long and awaited return to the world of Iron!

To be honest I never really left, I just went on the longest damn deployment ever. I realized how much I truly do hate the BOAT! All you Marines out there know what I am saying. So here is a quick overview of what happened while I was away.

I made my goal wieght of 225 while I spent some time in Iraq. I was lifting everyday and bulking really well. If you would like to know what supps I took, PM me. I was excited. Well, when i got back to the boat, I got told that I looked fat even though i ran a 265 pft when I left Iraq. So I went on a hard cut....I lost 19 lbs and went down to 206. My BF was 16%...I wasn't ready to cut yet, but I had to, because the Marine Corps said so. So I did and I remembered how much I hated cardio. Well, I returned and in the last 2 months, I have been doing a sustainment, trying to get back into the groove of being home.

I changed commands and went for a instructors billet and found out that the way the fleet had been doing my BF % was wrong. I was actually a 22% which in the Marines is Fat. So what am I doing now? I am doing a hard and determined demoralizing cut.

Here is the senario:

I do unit Pt in the morning....always some kind of cardio.

I hump in the afternoon with a pack...again cardio.

I then lift later on that afternoon and swim directly after atleast 500 meters.

I have been doing this for a week and I have lost 10 lbs.

I have got the diet down and under control and we will see where this crazy cut takes me. I am excited to see if I can reach a goal of a six pack. I have to look like poster Marine in the instructor field, for the reason; you can't enforce standards that you are not keeping. So good luck to me and I hope yall enjoy the read...I will try to post daily.

Tork
06-15-09, 2:51 pm
So last week was a great week. I stuck to my diet this weekend and even figured how to eat healthy when eating out. I am now 208...and I have already lost a inch and a half around my belly. I am excited like no other, because this week I decided that I would incorporate some Military Athlete into my workout and see how much I can actually do to kill my self close to dead. I have to admit that alot of the exercises are extremely advanced and I don't know alot of them, but this is not a problem for the simple fact of I don't give up and I don't fail...

The key to eating healthy when eating out is to look at what is on the menu and modify and don't give into the Temptations. I had to deal with Tater skins being eating in front of me and I fucking love them damn things....I didn't have none though and stuck to my guns and sucked down 3 20oz glasses of water while watching everyone else enjoy thier nice cold beers that were the Tally's...22 ozers. Fuckers....anyways, so I gandered at the menu and order the roast chicken with broccolli steamed with no butter and a salad, hold the croutons. I hate rabbit food, but everyone knows there is no getting around the rabbit food on a cut. I sat there though, sneering at my company for over enjoying thier damn tatter skins and Bloomin Onion. I made it through with my dignity and my diet. Damn proud of myself I was....

So I am now 2 weeks in and still got 2 workouts left for today. Can not wait to get to the gym...triceps....and 700 meters in the pool.

LegendKillerJosh
06-16-09, 12:30 am
Yo, just found your thread. Good stuff here.

I'm in my own little "social" network like a lot of lifters are. Often we are looked at as selfish for getting our gym time in no matter what and spending all day thinking about what and when we are going to eat. I don't go out all too much and it really doesn't bother me too much I guess I'm just shallower than the average person.

So when I get asked that question "why do you lift?" I came up with the same answer I use every time now. Co-workers and classmates ask why I lift. I tell them I want to be stronger, I enjoy lifting heavy weights. They ask me "why?"...

So I tell them - "Because, it makes me FEEL ALIVE."

Without lifting, I might lose my grip on reality. Sometimes I think I've lost it already or am very close, but when I'm lifting or eating, my life makes sense. I know the one thing I love.

Tork
06-18-09, 7:02 am
I would tell them this...I do this because you don't and you won't....

When someone asks me questions like this I don't explain myself....I don't give them a story....I don't teach them....I tell them exactly what I just said....they don't get it, they always ask...WHY?...thats when you just walk away....your mannerisms should be enough to explain it all.

Training gives you meaning, makes you better then the next guy. Defines who you are...and mostly...everyday makes you better then you were the day before. Its the best feeling in the world.

You don't train to look good, you don't train for the Chicks, you don't train for the "Beach BOD", You train for yourself....thats it....Black and White plain as day....you train for yourself.

Tork
06-18-09, 7:11 am
Every once and a while you come across something that changes your whole perspective on a certain subject. I was on the Military Athlete site yesterday, something I decided that I would start incorporating into my daily routine and found a saying on there that just changed my whole perspective on "Working Out"...it goes like this:

"You know you're a professional athlete, right? Who's durability and longevity in your career is as important as performance? This means you need to think long term. Also, you don't train for stress relief, or for looks. You train for performance and durability.

Also. You don't "workout." You train. There's a plan. And end goal."

If you think about it, this is true, we don't go to the gym to just workout...we don't go to the gym to look at chicks...we go to the gym to train...to make ourselves better or "more durable"...in better reguards we do for performance and to accomplish a goal that we have in mind, whether that be to be shreded for a competition or to be in best physical top condition that you can for instructors course, point is we all do this for a reason and it is the same reason. To do and be Better...

Tork
06-30-09, 7:27 pm
Marine Corps Weigh In today. So I have lost 3% bodyfat in 25 days. I have managed to keep up a 3 a day workout scheme and managed to keep my lifts and my size for the most part. I ordered BCAA and EAA stacks and I drink atleast 2 liters of it a day. This I have found really helps with the hunger problem when you are on a calorie deficent diet. Anyways, I taped in at 20% bodyfat by the circumfrance method. This method is very unaccurate. But hey, if you want to see my progress pics, I have a Bodyspace on Bodybuilding.com. TorkD is my name...go get a gander.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
06-30-09, 7:38 pm
As always, I am late to the party, but damn it, I am here! Keep this thing moving!