PDA

View Full Version : RANT...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

whatnow5
01-13-07, 9:35 am
Alright so for the past few days I've had a deep pain in my upper ab region, and yesterday my mom said "its probably from all the 'stuff' you take."
All I take is animal pak, bcaas, and protein(whey and micellar). I had so much to say to this but I didn't because she buy me some of it, but I should have. So this morning she wakes up with the exact same pain, so I said to her "It must be all the 'stuff' you eat." She just looked at me, so I reminded her what she said yesterday, so she said something about how she doesn't take 7(she ment 11) pills. I reminded her that its a multi, and she doesn't even take her multi, because it scares her. She then said something about looking up animal pak. She probably thinks that animal pak had steroids in it lol.

I know this isn't really a big deal, but the way my parents eat and don't care about their health she has no right saying anything about what I'm doing. I'm like a million times more healthy than they are.

Arbalest
01-13-07, 2:53 pm
Sorry to hear that. I got the same thing when i first started... and all i was doing was creatine. lol

Wait til you get swoll, no matter what you say they'll think you're on the juice!

Non-Fitness oriented people just don't understand what the body is capable of.

NumeroUno
01-13-07, 3:19 pm
It's a sad thing fellaz. As much progress that I've made, and as healthy as I look, every supplement I use besides protein she things has something illegal in it. She thinks it's killing me every time I take it. Maybe they'll learn... :-/

-Daniel

whatnow5
01-13-07, 5:08 pm
Sorry to hear that. I got the same thing when i first started... and all i was doing was creatine. lol

Wait til you get swoll, no matter what you say they'll think you're on the juice!

Non-Fitness oriented people just don't understand what the body is capable of.

the thing is she has been cool about it for almost a year now until yesterday, since I've been taking the pak and eating healthy I haven't really been sick or felt weird until now. If she says anything else thats what I'm gonna tell her too.

sorry to hear that numerouno, I'm glad mine isn't like that.

D-Bomb
01-13-07, 6:04 pm
damn my father asked if i was on the "sparkling water" so to speak and i was like damn no! lol. just try stay cool with your parents and talk to them openly.

try reason with them, everything on the market is tested at laboratory's of some sort so they literally can never have anything illegal in them. lol.

BeastofBurden
01-13-07, 6:09 pm
your jokin right? lol

D-Bomb
01-13-07, 6:19 pm
your jokin right? lol

who my brother? :)

BeastofBurden
01-13-07, 6:26 pm
haha ok that's what I thought.. Never mind! lol

but to contribute to the topic at hand.. my parents give me the same crap, every situation you men are talkin about I have been in at some time or another maybe its because i've gained 25 lbs in the past 6 months and its pure muscle and I only got 1'' taller in the past year.. haha

dirtydean12
01-15-07, 7:57 pm
Yeah, same here. People in general who have no clue about training/nutrition/supplementation should shut the hell up.

I also like when some lazy-ass douch comes up to you and immediately asks "what you're on", just because his lazy ass would have taken the easy way out too. Then you reply with creatine, protein, and 5-days a week in the gym and they don't believe you.

IntensityJT
01-15-07, 9:59 pm
your gonna be gettin a lot of shit...just keep movin forward...soon they will see what its all about

pdiesel
01-17-07, 10:16 pm
i love this life..i love waking up in the morning and the first thing on my mind is my training session..i love planning it out all day and focusing on it with a set goal in mind..i have been in the game for almost 4 years now..ive gotten really serious with the iron about 2 years ago..i started with nothing and now im finally seeing some real gains..what i dont appreciate is the shit i get from jealous guys in the gym..i always go to the gym with a positive mindset but some people dont respect this attitude i have..when i go to my gym at school and there isnt a problem--people respect my hard work and dedication..but when i go to my home gym, the atmosphere isn't the same..i swear i could hear the ppl sneering at me..sure there are nice guys, but some are just full of themselves..but what do i care though? im young and full of potential..i must be doing something right if ive got their attention..i really would like to see these guys at my age and bodyweight..nuff said..4 years ago..today--40 pounds heavier with bf of 4% year round..im not the biggest guy in the gym but everyone knows that i work my ass off harder than anyone else..those 40 pounds took a lot of ball busting effort to gain and i worked for all of them naturally..so when i see an athlete in the gym (and yes i said athlete), especially one thats young and full of passion, i could care less how much they lift, or how big they are..as long as they have the heart of a lion and are not arrogant about it, i extend my respect to them..bodybuilding is becoming a huge sport, but unfourtunetely a lot of people look down upon it because of its "negative image"..one part of this stems from the arrogance that is plaguing those who participate in bodybuilding on a daily basis..when watching sports, the media and fans look down upon those who feel they are better than everyone else..this is one of the reasons people dont appreciate the hard work and sacrifice that this sport requires, so why make it worse by being a dick to others? so to all of the humble bbs out there..stay true to the game and help make this sport a positive one for everyone..jealousy sucks but it only makes me stronger..what these people dont understand is that they are throwing gasoline on an already raging, and out of control fire..because of this my body as well as my spirit grow stronger each day..people can talk as much as they want, but in the end they cannot stop me..i will not lose

Jester
01-17-07, 11:06 pm
have to agree.. nicely said..

Greg_G
01-18-07, 1:33 am
Well put... I really hate jelous people at the gym... I walk in the gym at 6'4, 246 Lbs and I carry a bodyfat of 18% or so. Sure I am not the lean guy but I am one of the bigger guys that works out in my gym...
I fucking HATE the small cut guy that give me dirty looks day in and day out like I am destroying my body because I don't run on the treadmill for 2 hours. Because I lift heavy and dont lift to 'tone' my body. I hate this...
All the little bitch boys that come in, all dressed up with their bandanas on and their expensive workout shirts. New sneakers and a cocky look. I just plain hate it...
I don't know, thats my rant.

The work person is this... There is a scrawny red headed dude in my gym that lifts an OKAY amount of weight. But he is maybe, MAYBE, pushing 180 pounds at damn neer 6 feet tall... He walks around like a big shot and does nothing but talk to girls in between his sets... SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TRAIN ASSHOLE!

propstm
01-18-07, 2:18 am
I don't understand jealous people at the gym. I take that as motivation.
I walk into the gym and know i'm smaller than someone. That bothers me. That's why I lift.

Freak
01-18-07, 10:44 am
Humility is one of the cornerstones of a champion.

Lawman
01-20-07, 2:39 am
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm of the opinion that if some jackass is talking on his cell phone in the gym, taking up valuable real estate on a bench, that I should be allowed...no, encouraged, to take a 50 pound dumbell, lay hold of the aforementioned cell phone, and smash that fucker into to little tiny pieces.

Ever notice how the guys who bring their cell phones to the gym are the same ones who bench 95 pounds, then get up and bump chests with their friends like they were actually doing something. They prance around, talk really loud and bullshit their friends about all the weight they're going to lift today. They've also got a bad case of I.L.S. (Imaginary Lat Syndrome).

Unless you're a cop, a fire fighter, or soldier on call, or your wife is pregnant and near due, leave that bloody piece of electronic bullshit in your locker and stop pissing people off!

Any thoughts?

man in black
01-20-07, 2:46 am
I saw a guy doing pushdowns the other day with his cell phone tucked between his shoulder and ear....while he was doing the exercise. I leave mine in my truck, unless I'm on duty, and then I put it on vibe in my pocket. People that talk on cell phones in gyms are everywhere. They're the same ones who talk to the girls on the treadmills.

They don't bother me. It's their loss.

Jeff

Ghandi
01-20-07, 2:54 am
They don't bother me. It's their loss.

I'm with you. I like to think of life as one big race - a race to reach the absolute peak of one's potential. Every rep you push out is another step closer to being the best you can be.

When I see the guys who stop mid-set to answer a phone, it drives me to push harder, to finish my set, to get every rep I can, because right then and there I have just overtaken that guy, and I'm one step closer to winning MY race!

dirtydean12
01-20-07, 6:08 am
you should grab it out of their hands and smash their phone on the ground....

seriously though i leave my phone in the car, its all business in the gym

the_reaper
01-20-07, 7:27 am
amen for that

hjayss
01-20-07, 7:53 am
I hae the time people put into those thing man. It ant just the gyms bro check out lines at the rib shak man. I must have been at he same gym with you bro that ass clown had the phone while he was working out I am not knocking the weight anybody puts up you gotta start somewhere but this guy is loud like YEAH IM DOING MY PRESSES RIGHT ETC ARGHHHHH.

ldskenpo
01-20-07, 8:14 am
I work out at the gym here on Sand Hill, everybody at work knows where I am at, if they need me they can walk over and get me. If my wife needs me she just calls the front desk, if it is one of the regular guys at the desk she just asks for me by rank and name, if its a new guy she says, " can you get the guy in the weight room in the orange UT hat? He is in the weight room."

J-Dawg
01-20-07, 10:24 am
Cell phones, just as if you're at your job, should only be used in the gym for an emergency... I don't even bother to look around to see who's using one. As long as they don't waste space on a machine I need to use, then I don't care what they do... It's their loss. I just slip on my headphones and do what I gotta do. I train when the gym is practically empty and don't get to see these jokers on the phone.

Boss
01-20-07, 11:02 am
I used to bring my cell phone with me. I would even be one of those assholes that would talk on it in the gym in the middle of a workout. I was watching another guy talking away on his phone and for some reason as I was watching him I instantly hated him. I was thinging what kind of asshole is going to come in the gym and waste his time talking on that damm phone. Since then I never carry my phone in the gym. It stays in my car or in my locker. Never comes between my workouts anymore. I love it. There something so peaceful about hittin the weights without anyone there to bother you but its also so .......violent and painful. I seen something quoted on the site saying something similar to that and it made so much sense.

Flash419
01-20-07, 12:22 pm
While I agree 100% with smashing the phones of the idiots on the bench, and expecially during pushdowns while on the phone, there are some exceptions.
I work on call 24/7, it is a RARE time that I KNOW I am not going to get a phone call. So, I always have to have my cell close by. But, at least the new models also work as MP3 players, so if I have to lug it around on my hip, I can at least put in a pair of headphones, and blast my music. It beats being forced to listen to that new age shit.

So, don't discount every gym member as worthless because his phone is in the gym. Because if I am only benching 90 pounds, its on the side of a dumbbell, and I could always use a good spotter. :)

GoldieLocks
01-20-07, 12:37 pm
I agree that they are annyoying and ridiculous when it's directly next to you on the gym floor. it's almost like the person should exit their butts to the lobby or something rather than just stand around yapping...for me, yeah kinda not so great....but i really dont care that much.....its the RINGING that "irks" me! those terrible ridiculous "cha-cha" songs that play on the phone while the dude walks away from it.....whatever...

IRBS
01-20-07, 2:04 pm
Sometimes its a necessity, most of the time...its not

Cstlfx
01-20-07, 2:22 pm
I dont mind if someone needs to have their cell with them, but when I see the same people, time after time in the gym talking on their cells, that really erks me. How can you get a good workout in if you're always distracted? I turn mine on vibrate and leave it in my locker.

The Fate
02-01-07, 3:57 pm
Its not often that I hear it, but it is more often than I would like. About a year ago I weighed 175lbs and 6'2"... Ya I know, stringbean right? Well a couple things changed the course of my life and turned me onto bodybuilding, where I have done nothing but thrive...When my friends asked "why are you training so hard" I told them "I want to compete, and win, naturally." I would show them pictures from animalpak or comps. Pictures like Jay, Ronnie, Lee...You know, the best. They would shake their head and say "never going to happen, without steroids"..Well since then I have gained nearly 100lbs, Im sitting here at 6'2" 270lbs and solid as a brick wall, and strongest in my gym...naturally. Everyday people tell me they can't believe how far i've gotten, and how commited I must be to wake twice a night to eat and lift and work like a mad man...But I still get these "never going to happen, without steroids" comments...Anyone else out there striving for what I am, naturally? It starts to get me down, and a little boost of confidence would be helpful

Wasteland
02-01-07, 4:03 pm
Its not often that I hear it, but it is more often than I would like. About a year ago I weighed 175lbs and 6'2"... Ya I know, stringbean right? Well a couple things changed the course of my life and turned me onto bodybuilding, where I have done nothing but thrive...When my friends asked "why are you training so hard" I told them "I want to compete, and win, naturally." I would show them pictures from animalpak or comps. Pictures like Jay, Ronnie, Lee...You know, the best. They would shake their head and say "never going to happen, without steroids"..Well since then I have gained nearly 100lbs, Im sitting here at 6'2" 270lbs and solid as a brick wall, and strongest in my gym...naturally. Everyday people tell me they can't believe how far i've gotten, and how commited I must be to wake twice a night to eat and lift and work like a mad man...But I still get these "never going to happen, without steroids" comments...Anyone else out there striving for what I am, naturally? It starts to get me down, and a little boost of confidence would be helpful

Awesome accomplishment Fate... I'd say ignore the naysayers brother... Focus on yourself. Channel your emotions to the iron. Listen to your inner voice--the one that has gotten you this far. That one speaks the truth.

gnoll5
02-01-07, 4:06 pm
man, props to you first off for the progress; people like you give me the inspiration to keep going, to fill my own goals. you've obviously put in long hours and a lot of sacrifice to achieve what you have. as long as you know in your own mind that you've done this your way, fuck what anyone else thinks or says. if they can't be supportive, then they have no place in your bodybuilding circle. i ignore any 'off' comments from buddies that look at me funny about what i do, i just laugh and shrug it off. they are still my friends, but that hour or so a day pumping the iron is all about me, not them.

Toni69
02-01-07, 4:15 pm

Don't let anyone stand in your way of your progress and goals man. People like that see how well you are doing, see your progress, your enthusiasm, your commitment and look for an opportunity to bring you down because they probably feel like crap or are not able to commit to this lifestyle the way we can. This is what separates us from them...our mindset, our passion, our sacrifices and our constant fight to be better and learn more about ourselves along the way.

This is our niche, our chosen path and we feed off it. It is who we are and always will be. These other people are passer-by's, even if they are your friends. It's fine if they can't do what we do..not everyone can so don't hold it against them. Just do your thing and show them up. In the end, if you set your mind to it, you will win!

iron_arms
02-01-07, 4:19 pm
Great job man, thats the dedications that separates the men from the boys, so in retrospect, i'll say it now,...

"When you truly devote yourself to somthing, there is nothing that will stop you."

I've said that to myself many times, when the possilbe seems far, and work is hard. Bottom line, it's true.

The Fate
02-01-07, 4:23 pm
Thanks guys, this site really helps alot, this sport drags you through the dirt and gravel, but coming to animalpak gets me back onto my feet. My goal is to earn my pro card, but I want it naturally, everyone is getting down on me saying you can't do it naturally. Well I believe with this mindset I can, 175lb-270 in a a year...that shows I have at least "good" genetics and I can do this...Support is the only thing I lag, and you guys/this site help bring me back up. Not only am I torturing myself for me, but for all the people that work so hard and won't ever step onto the stage that I will, thank you for your support

Freak
02-01-07, 4:31 pm
Fate, what are you in this game for? To win the admiration of others? Or to earn respect for yourself? Decide... Then move forward and don't look back.

G Diesel
02-01-07, 4:32 pm
They would shake their head and say "never going to happen, without steroids

... And it is that mindset that will keep them forever small. Luckily, we use our minds to push past our limits instead using our thoughts to set our limits in place. Peace, G

Achilles
02-01-07, 5:46 pm
ya man, I got/get that shit too .. when I show people pics of Frank Zane and say "thats gonna be me" I hear "not without steriods" .. fuck those people .. they lack the heart and desire to push as hard as we do. Like G. said .. those very thoughts will keep them small. I'm with you brother .. wage war!

The Fate
02-01-07, 6:07 pm
Thanks bro, it just helps to know im not the only person with these goals, ill see ya on stage buddy, good luck

JUGGERNAUT
02-01-07, 6:19 pm
That's a serious jump in mass and I just have to say wow, you have already made your decision and you will never look back. Odd comments should be expected due to your incredible determination, nice going.. You basically put a lot of people in their place.

Alivewhenimdead
02-02-07, 3:21 pm
so I'm done working out and heading over to the cubicle-thing (college gym, sadly no real lockers) and I see someone take out my bag and proceed to drop it on the ground.

This skinny fuck was too lazy to put his shit in a bottom cube....but I hear my bag hit the ground and the distinctive pop of the shaker cup lid come off...he starts to walk away and I just grab him, throw him on the ground and say 'learn some fuckin' respect for other people's shit'...then I hear the manager (classic good ole boy) say 'hey Dave, kick his ass! he pisses me off too!'...
good ridance

gnoll5
02-02-07, 3:27 pm
man thats crap. that would piss me off sooo bad.

The Wrecker
02-02-07, 3:28 pm
Bro that would be enough to piss me off as well. I would like to hear what Toni would do with him!

gsb239
02-02-07, 3:46 pm
hahaha shit are u Dave? I thought u were gonna say somethin like he took ur bag out and was gonna steal ur supplements.... that would've been funny

Toni69
02-02-07, 3:50 pm
Bro that would be enough to piss me off as well. I would like to hear what Toni would do with him!

Have I left a bad impression of myself somewhere here? I am a pussycat! I would have been very calm and said in my nicest voice that it would be in his best interest to pick my shit up and place it nicely where it was. If he didn't than I would let it go...until the right opportunity came along and I would then find proper justice. You know like accidents happen...weights fall on peoples toes all the time....see...not losing my cool at all. I am actually smiling as I type this.

Wrecker...its nice to know you were thinking of me....;)

The Wrecker
02-02-07, 4:31 pm
Toni just giving you a hard time. I must say I was impressed when I saw your BodyBuilding Space page.

Alivewhenimdead
02-02-07, 5:44 pm
and yes, I'm dave

Toni69
02-02-07, 5:45 pm
Toni just giving you a hard time. I must say I was impressed when I saw your BodyBuilding Space page.

Hey..its fine..I got ya! And thanks for the compliment...kiss for you!

NickSP
02-02-07, 5:55 pm
Have I left a bad impression of myself somewhere here? I am a pussycat! I would have been very calm and said in my nicest voice that it would be in his best interest to pick my shit up and place it nicely where it was. If he didn't than I would let it go...until the right opportunity came along and I would then find proper justice. You know like accidents happen...weights fall on peoples toes all the time....see...not losing my cool at all. I am actually smiling as I type this.

Wrecker...its nice to know you were thinking of me....;)

SOME of us wear steel-toed boots in the gym just for that reason. Keeps ya on your toes, makes you think a little bit more than "I'll just drop a plate on him" .....you'll have to be more creative than that ;)

Toni69
02-02-07, 6:16 pm
SOME of us wear steel-toed boots in the gym just for that reason. Keeps ya on your toes, makes you think a little bit more than "I'll just drop a plate on him" .....you'll have to be more creative than that ;)

Ok..I will keep that in mind Nick! LOL

Suleiman
02-03-07, 9:13 am
thats a funny one i agree though keep a cool head dont premeditate on how you goin to hurt that sob u know sometimes theys nothing wrong with using that hard gained muscle to teach someone a lesson

Wasteland
02-06-07, 1:29 pm
Here you will find the gems, the jewels... The best of the best. Informative, colorful, entertaining, wise posts that make this forum what it is will be gathered here. Have a nugget to share, a constructive comment to add or a fresh perspective? If so, perhaps one day, your words may find their way to the lofty mountaintop known as "The Archive".

Wasteland
02-06-07, 1:39 pm
"To me, being an Animal means being a man. A real man, one that can set an example to others, one that can teach my kids right from wrong, one that can treat others with respect if respect is given or warranted, yet bite back with furious anger and devastation to those that don't respect me or my family. For me being an animal means protecting those that need protection, to quitely go about my business each and everyday, and let my actions do the talking, and never leave something half done, to finish everything with pride and finally, and most important to my Animal, to hold my family in the highest of realms, as i firmly believe a mans greatest achievement is building a strong family."
-gnoll5

darkside64
02-06-07, 7:38 pm
I go to school and live in a house with four other guys. These guys are out of shape, get no girls and quite frankly lead a lifestyle that is shameful in the presence of a true warrior. How do I deal with that shit. Everytime I get a dumbass comment like ohh chicken again, I swear I could rip someones fuckin head off. THe problem is that I dont want to come over as an asshole either. However when fat fuck tries to size me up, that's when the hammer hits the floor. Fellow animals how do you deal with ***s that you cant seem to isolate yourself from

focused
02-06-07, 7:53 pm
I go to school and live in a house with four other guys. These guys are out of shape, get no girls and quite frankly lead a lifestyle that is shameful in the presence of a true warrior. How do I deal with that shit. Everytime I get a dumbass comment like ohh chicken again, I swear I could rip someones fuckin head off. THe problem is that I dont want to come over as an asshole either. However when fat fuck tries to size me up, that's when the hammer hits the floor. Fellow animals how do you deal with ***s that you cant seem to isolate yourself from

i mean bro i think i've felt your anger too, when they call you a chicken or something i'm thinkin that you dont want to go out n get fuckin drunk every night right? i had the same deal, and i just say fuck them, and if they size you up dont do anything, just smile and smirk know what you've done to NOT look like them bro. i say....fuck em.

RipTheMonster
02-06-07, 7:54 pm
Anytime anyone gives me shit or questions why i act a certain way or why i am so serious about why im doing something i just stare them in the eye for a few seconds and then just ignore them or walk away. It's hard to be the better man and let it slide instead of blowing up and biting their head off but its the way to be... I just deal with it.

k1usa
02-06-07, 8:03 pm
Sounds like the fat fuck is getting under your skin...well...just load the putz's twinkies up with hand cream...that will give him the shits for a good evening...did this to a good friend as a joke many years ago...and boy..did his ass sting for a while...it was a good laugh...harmless....but it works...you just hold your ground....and if the twinkie thing seems too advanced...just ignore the idiot....bring over a hot chick and and let them weep.....

k1usa

NickSP
02-06-07, 10:31 pm
When anyone tries to size you up, tell them to take their shirt off and let's do a comparison. Or go BigAnt style and just tell 'em they're a joke cause they look like they were put together in the dark

MELTDOWN
02-06-07, 10:36 pm
When anyone tries to size you up, tell them to take their shirt off and let's do a comparison. Or go BigAnt style and just tell 'em they're a joke cause they look like they were put together in the dark

smartazz remarks deserve smartazz answers.... kinda like " tell ya what...take of your shirt and do 10 jumping jacks in the mirror, then come talk to me...." or like Nick said, bust out a comparo with most muscular and side chest posedown.........NEXT

JBone
02-06-07, 11:05 pm
just tell them to shut the fuck up and drink another liter of soda.

Pedro
02-07-07, 10:03 am
choose a reply next time they are asking you

"chicken again?"

1) fat / skinny again ? (delete as appropriate)
2) wanking again?

Wasteland
02-07-07, 10:37 am
"You've had it happen before. You're busting your ass, you just hit your heaviest set and some dude you've never seen before comes in and pumps out the weight you just did like it was a joke. He looks to be around the same age as you, bigger and he's leaner, and now you feel like you've got something to prove. Your whole mindset is fucked over and you immediately ask yourself, "I wonder what he's on?" Your wheel barrow was just tipped over.

It's nature to take pride in your accomplishments and triumphs. However, you must never forget that there will always be someone else out there who is bigger and better than you. Remind yourself that we all have something to learn from one another. You cannot afford to waste energy by focusing on what you aren't. Rather you must establish your own personal goals and focus on what you want to become. Hell, next time you're buying a t-shirt buy it one or two sizes too big and try to fill it out. Embrace humility as a tool to grow and you will not be disappointed. Leave your fuckin wheel barrow at home next time you set off to the gym and embrace the shadow you cast instead."
- T.Alan

darkside64
02-08-07, 3:37 pm
hahaha that shit is pretty funny. Put together in the dark. ROFL

gnoll5
02-08-07, 3:43 pm
OR...say nothing. let your actions do the talkin', keep walkin', keep workin' and someday, they might get it. or not. but who really gives a shit what the others think anyways, right?

Vinny G
02-08-07, 3:54 pm
I hear you kid....i been there, done that....AND still face the same shit from people as I approach 40 yrs of age this comming April.

Here is how you deal.....have a sense of humor -
When fatfuck says...chicken again, you say YEP...and smile, and ask him if he would like some...maybe even cook up some good tasting chicken for your roomates.
they might just WANT your help....dont have an attitude towards them, cuase they pick up on it, be more open to realizing they need you to get them healthy and fit...even if its pretty boy fit, to hook up with some bitches...lol

stop with having a TUDE...and get them on your side.

darkside64
02-08-07, 3:58 pm
thanks bro, It's actually kinda funny. Everyone at my little school has been asking me for healthy recipes. Recently two of my roomates have joined my gym. There asking me about all this info on supplements and stuff. Haha

I hear you kid....i been there, done that....AND still face the same shit from people as I approach 40 yrs of age this comming April.

Here is how you deal.....have a sense of humor -
When fatfuck says...chicken again, you say YEP...and smile, and ask him if he would like some...maybe even cook up some good tasting chicken for your roomates.
they might just WANT your help....dont have an attitude towards them, cuase they pick up on it, be more open to realizing they need you to get them healthy and fit...even if its pretty boy fit, to hook up with some bitches...lol

stop with having a TUDE...and get them on your side.

Arbalest
02-08-07, 6:29 pm
I have the exact same situation... always getting bagged on.. Chicken? Eggs? Turkey again??! Come with us to so and so... bla bla bla

Don't sweat it dude... Don't even bother wasting your energy getting mad. They know want to bring you down to their level.. thats why they bag on you..

JUGGERNAUT
02-08-07, 6:37 pm
I have the exact same situation... always getting bagged on.. Chicken? Eggs? Turkey again??! Come with us to so and so... bla bla bla

Don't sweat it dude... Don't even bother wasting your energy getting mad. They know want to bring you down to their level.. thats why they bag on you..

This is the best method but I found that if I actually get mad at the idiots I use that for my workout steam. Directing bottled up rage to the weights works great in the gym. As for the do nothing people with the most nothing to say...haha that is entertainment brothers...

Tom
02-09-07, 7:54 pm
It feels good to go in the gym and use that as fuel. I will talk all my shit and cuss them out while I'm working with the heavy stuff. Just keep telling yourself they can't hang with this, they can't move this weight I'm moving, they can't rep this as many times! I end up doing more weight or more reps just because I get so fired up! Squash the fat man! 80% of America is overweight and you're the select few doing something about it brother! SO WHAT YOU GONNA' DO BROTHER!

Wasteland
02-12-07, 4:03 pm
The words "satisfied" and "content" are no longer part of my vocabulary. Words such as "drive", "desire", and "determination" dominate my vocabulary as well as my daily thought. To become satisfied or content is to become weak, for the moment that I become satisfied with my size or content with the weight I'm moving I become just like the rest of 'em, blending into the ever widening pool of normality. I will be unable to achieve greatness for I will lack the drive, desire, and determination necessary for success. All my life I've always wanted to be the best; it didn't matter what I was doing, I wanted to be at the top. Sometimes I was, most of the time I wasn't, but I didn't dwell on my failures and shortcoming, I learned from my mistakes so that the next time I was bigger, faster, strong. Don't let anything or anyone come in the way between you and your goals. Don't settle for good, strive for greatness and live life to the fullest, cuz we've only got one chance to do it brothers. Dream it and you will achieve it. Never be satisfied, never be content.
- Mickey

Big C
02-12-07, 5:34 pm
Ok, so I thought I reached my breaking point this past Saturday night. My best friend's wife had a b-day party at a local pub. So of course I'm up in there minding my own business, sipping on iced tea and water, chatting with a few bodybuilding buddies. First I'm getting pissed....listening to them bitch and complain about how it is a chore to go to the gym (no passion in my opinion). These are the same guys that talk about sports for 5 minutes between sets. I try to ignore. No wonder they aren't getting any bigger/stronger. Same workout program week after week, year after year.

Anyway, these 3 older ladies come up to us (ladies associated with the b-day girl) and start attacking me based on my looks. They said girls would only like me for "one-night-stands." They asked me why I waste me time, I could be doing other things. They said women are intimidated by men like me. So I sat there and took it without making an argument right away. You know, I went out to have fun.....not talk about bodybuilding with people who don't have a fucking clue...and this was exactly what was happening.

So then I snapped. I told them I don't like being normal....that I love doing what I do....that I don't do it to get women (although it's a nice perk)....it's a lifestyle....I like being bigger than 95 percent of the guys out there. They were speechless...but the last thing they said was "OK but be careful STEROIDS can kill you.".......ahhhh another stereotype.

I realize there have been similar rants in the forum, but I had to get this shit off my chest in writing and I know only my Animal brothers would understand. Off to a brutal leg workout....Strength and Honor.

Arbalest
02-12-07, 5:41 pm
Yeah man! Kill those legs.. let that aggression out!

We all go thru it... we're all PROUD to be different, and not average...

futurepro
02-12-07, 5:50 pm
I know exactly how you feel brother. I've been dieting down, dropping a lot of fat the last 8 months and building quality muscle with it, but my girlfriend is no help. She is loves to cook, and often tries to give me food that I can't eat b/c of my diet. She is also from Mexico, so she takes it as an insult if I don't eat her food. It makes me mad, but I have to realize she is like most others out there that don't know how much discipline it takes to be an animal.

iron_arms
02-12-07, 8:53 pm
boodybuilding buddies?,... lol friends,... sure,.... bodybuilders, not a chance.

Made the right choice though man, take the frustration out on the wieghts, and make a workout of it.

JoshLandry
02-12-07, 9:57 pm
ya i feel you man i hear the same shit all the time about steriods. fuck that my answer to them is if i was taking seroids i would be 2 times bigger then what i am now shit.

Maccabee
02-12-07, 10:00 pm
I know how you feel brother, I as well have been dealing with this shit since the day i went serious. Every where i go they just have to ask, and they always start off with can i ask u a qeustion, or why are u so big? Its cause i lift and eat like a fuckin Animal. We Animals hardly ever go out and when we do all eyes and fingers on us. Iam damn proud u exploded on there asses go to the gym and destroy your legs man.Strength and Honor.

Testpolska
02-12-07, 10:02 pm
I understand this competly. In fact the other day I got bitched out because 'bodybuilding is apparently doing me more harm than good'. What the fuck is that about?

I mean I don't ask people to understand what we do. Shit I don't even ask them to aknowlage it. I just asked to be left alone about it.

I don't want a woman that is 'turned on' by my muscle. And I don't want a woman that is going to have judgements about it. I just want to be viewed as a person with feelings (by the way some of us train in the gym its easy to lose sight of the fact we are STILL human). I don't ask my bodybuilding work for me. I DO ask it not work against me. Cuz a few of you know some shit chicks say sometimes can cut pretty deeply.

Sorry I had to get THAT off MY chest.

M60
02-12-07, 10:36 pm
Yeah I know how you feel. Alot of things were gettin' to me today, but I let it all out on the iron. Anger coupled with confusion is great pre-workout.

musclealchemist
02-12-07, 10:43 pm
whats pretty messed up about it all is women like men who have muscles, but they complain when men have to much muscle? If a women likes a man just based on his muscles, then she is shallow. I dunno bought you guys but i like to take my boat in the deep water. Those "friends" of yours are just mad that they cant be a animal like you. Taking shit is part of being different. I have learned to love it. Keep tearing it up. Peace

ghost
02-12-07, 11:01 pm
those who arent with you..........are against you.

Fuck em.

use their negativity in your lifts....fuel the rage in your sets...power the shit out of the rack...let gravity know who the bitch really is.

dont ever give up.

Strength and Honor brothers.

Secur1ty
02-12-07, 11:49 pm
What the hell would posess them 3 women to attack you like that? But they sound like real bitches to me.

Anyways, like everyone else said. If they arent with you, then fuck them. Especially the ones who insult you like this.

wolf
02-13-07, 2:35 am
Screw the hate. There are a lot of ignorant people out there. Their opinions mean less than nothing. Train hard and use their negativity to grease the wheels.

Iron4Life
02-13-07, 10:20 am
What’s up brother.. I’m in the middle of my back day, just finished up rack pulls for working sets at 675 and 765. I next dropped down to pull a few deads from the floor. As I finish my second set, a worker has the nerve to come up and say "your making to much noise over here, you need to lower the weights correctly" I was like you have to be kidding., who does this bitch think she is. I though this was a gym, not the damn library. Instead of blowing up on her, I took that anger, rage and intensity into my next set. Needless to say, I ripped 405 for a set of 10 no problem. I don’t know about you brothers but i cant stand it when people disrupt my training.. im not there to talk to you and I don’t need to be told to drop the weights correctly... ive been around the game a few years and know one thing.. the iron makes noise when your hitting hard, and when your lifting that heavy you can drop it quietly.

Just curious bros, is this a situation you’ve encountered?

Iron4Life
EFK

HAWK
02-13-07, 11:36 am
Yeah man, I think we all can relate. If you're fortunate enough to get into a gym where its a no frills, no bullshit weight room, you're money. However, if you're lifting in one of those family fitness "gyms" or day spas, unfortunately, you might have to either do your best to suck it up, or find another gym. I'm all about respect, and if it's not MY gym, I'll either find a new place to lift, or do my best to comply. Just because you're an Animal doesn't mean we don't show respect to others (even if they may be pencilneck fucks that care more about their new year's resolution members more than the dedicated members, like us). My advice is to find another gym.

Tom
02-13-07, 11:41 am
I saw this a couple of times when I attended minstream "chain" commercial gyms. I got pissed for the person! I also know there are more than a few hardcore gym attendees who'd get pissed too. I look at it this way, Props for you to have the mental strength to show up and do what many others can't. We're in the minority and need to stick together. I expect noise from someone lifting your poundages and I'd probably watch for a second 'cause that's pretty serious. Newbies even more so and I give them the benefit of the doubt they are "learning and more than not they will drop the weight due to inexperience and too much weight. At any rate I think discouraging either one of these people takes away from our "strength in numbers" and for the amount of time anyone will have to endure the noise is really minmal so have some patience for your fellow brother in iron....it's a struggle that takes serious mental edge to maintain! I think gyms that are trying to appeal to a quieter less hardcore atmosphere need to make it more known with BIG signs everywhere even at the main entrance, stating their intentions so you know BEFORE YOU JOIN, because they'll take dues from anyone wether their a fit for that persons style or not!

-T

Tom
02-13-07, 11:55 am
That steroids shit is real insulting and I'd let them know. Say "If I were on sterioids I atleast have the option of quitting, you're stuck being ignorant and out of shape good luck with that!"

bitches....

Arbalest
02-13-07, 12:21 pm
Yes, I would be pissed as well.. I have to workout @ 24hr Fitness.. BUT, I goto one thats farther away from my house just so i CAN lift heavy and not worry about them coming up to me and saying crap like that...

I called each one before i joined and asked them their policy on deadlifts and such, and met with some of the workers at each one.. the one i chose, 3 of the trainers are freakin HUUUUGE and drop 800+ to the floor all the time, and only the cardio junkies seem to mind, but noone gives them, or any of us any crap for going heavy.

SOrry bro... =(

wolf
02-13-07, 9:09 pm
Yeah, that's crap. If you're not going up to people and growling AT them, who cares about noise. Is someone studying? Praying? Meditating? It's a gym. There is supposed to be noise.

eblnyc
02-13-07, 9:22 pm
hey at least you didnt get thrown out like that guy on the news for grunting!!

Maccabee
02-13-07, 9:26 pm
Yeah, that's crap. If you're not going up to people and growling AT them, who cares about noise. Is someone studying? Praying? Meditating? It's a gym. There is supposed to be noise.

That makes sence wolf. No one is frickin praying, meditating, or studying so why the hell should they care. ITS BECAUSE WE ARE DIFFERENT. Eventually they will get used to it. People used to laugh at me and tell me to shut up when i was yelling. But i just kept doing my shit and eventually they all got used to it. Now all the bastard come up to me for advice everytime iam there. You never know how things can turn out to be. Other then that keep doing what your doing, but always have a back gym just in case they kick u out which i doubt they will do

Maccabee
02-13-07, 9:27 pm
wow hold on someone got kicked out of a gym for growling at the gym. That is just messed up.

Aengus
02-13-07, 9:32 pm
I think a real problem would be that they came up to me in the middle off a set.

I am pretty damned chill unless I am low on carbs, but if you come and bug me in the middle of a set, especially an intense and heavy one, I just may bite you. On the face.

This is not saying that the trainers can't ask you to chill out if you are being a tool, but if someone is being a dick, and I am paying for the privalege, I would reconsider my gym.

deeder
02-13-07, 9:35 pm
I work at my university gym. It's on the second floor and there are offices directly underneath it. I've been told more than few times to be quieter and I have to sneak my chalk in (my boss would FLIP if she saw me with chalk!).

MuscleTension
02-13-07, 9:37 pm
Yea, one of the stupid ass running back coaches at my school was talkin to the dance team coach. I was doing a set of powercleans, and was bouncing the weight on the floor(like your supposed to). He screamed at me, and all the people were staring at me. WTF! Why do people have to be soo dumb. Yea, I hate it when people ruin your workouts.

LurkingBeast
02-14-07, 1:10 am
3 of the trainers are freakin HUUUUGE and drop 800+ to the floor all the time,

SOrry bro... =(

Damn, I wanna work out with guy's like that! I'm not "the" biggest guy in my gym, but working out with fuckin Beast Animals like that push you like nothin else! I would love to join a gym next re-newal to a hardcore gym where beasts train at!

k1usa
02-14-07, 1:25 am
I really understand.....Im lucky to not have to worry about this kind of thing...I guess because of my age...most people at my gym just leave me alone...figure Im really serious and just let me be..but it is a shame when this kind of thing happens....one thing to keep in mind...as much as we want to respond and bite someones head off...we are a good brotherhood here...and we can manage to try to work with others...best we can and let people know we can be approached..but with a bit of dignity and tact....rock on bro

Big_Zigga
02-14-07, 2:27 am
I used to train at a hardcore powerlifting gym and seeing 5 plates or more on the bar was a normal thing. We would tear up deads. There was always someone pulling heavy ass weight. Once I saw Shawn Schillinger pull 715 off the floor at a BWT of 148. At teen nationals in 04 USAPL in Lincoln NE we were pulling and they told us that if we put the bar down too hard that we would recieve red lights. I was attempting the national record of 580 for 17 year old 275 and put the bar down after a good lift in control and recieved red lights because it was too loud. I have not competed since in that federation.
I can no longer lift at any Bally's because I was deadlifting during my freshman year of college and pulled 555 for a triple. The gym manager asked me not to do that anymore. I still had one more set to do 585 for one and I needed to finnish my workout. I pulled the weight and was asked to leave and at that point told that my membership was revoked so I found another gym that would allow me to pull heavy!

Shark
02-14-07, 6:21 am
I unfortunatly have to work out at a mainstream gym. Not going to name names but it's the "judgement free zone" gym. No loud noises allowed.

Normally I would hate this, but I found something out. Because I can't be loud I have to move slower and more controlled. I am gaining more muscle by doing this. This reason isnt the reason they have the rule but fuck them.

What I really hate is when I have my earphones on and I'm doing a heavy set. I thought that earphones were the universal sign for "fuck off" but it never fails. In the middle of the pull or push some asshole "one timer" just HAS to poke me or whack me to get my attention just so he can say, " Wow, that's a lot of weight" and then walk off. Is there a country that it's legal to kill these kind of people?!?!? Because if so I am moving there. Anyone who wants to come has a place on my couch anytime.

speedster00
02-14-07, 1:39 pm
No one cares at my gym. And I've been there so long the head guy is a friend. But politics is what kept me out of chain gyms. I used to go to 24hr....for a year....got tired of all the wannabe's

mitsie
02-15-07, 6:00 am
I unfortunatly have to work out at a mainstream gym. Not going to name names but it's the "judgement free zone" gym. No loud noises allowed.

Normally I would hate this, but I found something out. Because I can't be loud I have to move slower and more controlled. I am gaining more muscle by doing this. This reason isnt the reason they have the rule but fuck them.

What I really hate is when I have my earphones on and I'm doing a heavy set. I thought that earphones were the universal sign for "fuck off" but it never fails. In the middle of the pull or push some asshole "one timer" just HAS to poke me or whack me to get my attention just so he can say, " Wow, that's a lot of weight" and then walk off. Is there a country that it's legal to kill these kind of people?!?!? Because if so I am moving there. Anyone who wants to come has a place on my couch anytime.

You can move to South Africa.
In my gym cardio and weights are removed from one another by a floor. And I must admit Iam the only women that train with the guys. By myself offcause and yeah I have to admit that Iam the only one that might grunt sometimes, hell it hurts what are you suppose to do suffer in silence. There is nothing better to me then to see someone really giving it there all. And that is why I push harder then the rest. But I admire commitment, The thing that really, really pees me off though is the girls that has decided that they want to start weight training and no I dont look like Zeena the warrior woman but Iam well defined. And then I hear these silly coment's like If I have a tan I can look like that,Iam still trying to figure that one out what the hell kind of stupid thing is that to say, or would you mind if I train with you, Iam honoured really but you guys would know what I mean its like you have been sweating blood for years you have your routine, this is your affair with the weights and your body is your clay being sculpted into what you want it to be.

dragondad
02-15-07, 10:26 am
It's all good at my gym. Since I became the weightroom manager I started getting rid of the dumb rules, no grunting, no swearing, no dropping weights, (don't get me wrong, use better form and control your weight. sometimes dropping them is just unavoidable at the end of a set),don't hog the equipment.(I hate when someone wants to jump in on bench or squats, always taken off 2-3 plates and using shitty form, seems like I cool down too much.) The only nights we have to be cool is on the night when the board meets and when yoga is in session, once a week on wed. Theres not a no chaulk rule either, I keep that full. Pretty sweet! Ive been lucky.

YeaILift
02-15-07, 10:47 am
What’s up brother.. I’m in the middle of my back day, just finished up rack pulls for working sets at 675 and 765. I next dropped down to pull a few deads from the floor. As I finish my second set, a worker has the nerve to come up and say "your making to much noise over here, you need to lower the weights correctly" I was like you have to be kidding., who does this bitch think she is. I though this was a gym, not the damn library. Instead of blowing up on her, I took that anger, rage and intensity into my next set. Needless to say, I ripped 405 for a set of 10 no problem. I don’t know about you brothers but i cant stand it when people disrupt my training.. im not there to talk to you and I don’t need to be told to drop the weights correctly... ive been around the game a few years and know one thing.. the iron makes noise when your hitting hard, and when your lifting that heavy you can drop it quietly.

Just curious bros, is this a situation you’ve encountered?

Iron4Life
EFK

My buddy and I were doin super heavy leg presses we had it all the way loaded with 45's and two 155's db on top the "manager" came over and told us we couldnt use that much weight and we were being to loud it was my last workout at that gym!

wolf
02-15-07, 8:32 pm
I really don't get the "You can't use that much weight" thing. Are they afraid the equipment can't handle it? Or do they just not like it when people try their hardest, excell and make them look weak, comparitively speaking? Do they think everyone should lift the same weights and strive for mediocrity so no one "feels" bad about the weights they lift? That's crap. So A can't lift as much as B. So what. A ought to concern themselves with their own lifts. Going to the gym is about reaching one's own potential. How can that be acheived with lift limitations? Hey! I can't run for crap. I don't think anyone should be allowed to go more than four mph on the treadmill or be on cardio equipment for more than 40 minutes! It makes me feel inferior! I feel intimidated by runners!

[/sarcasm]

pdiesel
02-15-07, 9:28 pm
i mean if ur slamming the weights without controlling it on the way down, yeh thats annoying..i understand dls deal with a lot of weight, but there is a correct way to do them..i cant stand when ppl do the positive and then just let the weight fall to the floor from the top..that shit is annoying..control the weight ppl

Barron
02-15-07, 9:32 pm
That wouldnt piss me off

... hey you wanted me to tell ya

No, that would really piss me off, luckily the gym im at now doesnt care cuz its at my college and no one goes there anyway. The gym i'll be at shortly, however, may feel differently. Only time will tell.

-Veritas-

Phil800101
02-15-07, 10:21 pm
I agree with you 100% pdiesel. Yeah, it's one thing when you lose the weight at the end of a heavy set or something. We've all been there, and that's to be expected with some lifts, especially deads. But yeah, it's another thing entirely when someone isn't controlling the weight at all. It drives me nuts when someone is doing deads and uncontrollably slamming the weight down with every rep.

IronLeague
02-16-07, 1:39 am
I get where the poster is coming from.. Everyone has to understand something though... Throwing around heavy weight you can't control doesn't make you a bad ass.

The only rep that should even hit hard enough to cause complaints is the last rep on a set...a heavy one. I see high school age kids all the time slamming each rep off the floor when they dead. If you think about it, you're taking tension OFF your back. You're actually bouncing the weight and making it easier. At the bottom of your rep stay a quarter inch off the floor. Dead like a man.

Respect,
IronLeague

pdiesel
02-16-07, 2:29 am
ill tell you what pisses me off--when ppl tell you about their 400 pound bench press..then you go watch them do it and they are either bouncing the weight off their chests, going down only halfway, or have their backs arched to the sky..

YeaILift
02-16-07, 10:15 am
ill tell you what pisses me off--when ppl tell you about their 400 pound bench press..then you go watch them do it and they are either bouncing the weight off their chests, going down only halfway, or have their backs arched to the sky..

Did you see the video of the guy curling like 200#'s but only moving the bar about a 1inch?

tbone
02-16-07, 3:26 pm
rant: when people throw dumbells after benching.. jesus, if u can rep them then i dont think they are so heavy that you have to throw them afterwards.. the 95s and 100s in my gym were broken recently because of this. they snapped at the handle and they are pretty much brand new as it is... o well, just bumped up to 110s like a man and problem solved.

ct italian 1
02-28-07, 2:02 pm
pull out my meal #3 at school everyday and all I hear is "you're sick, that's gross." when it's just chicken, yam, and broccoli

ghost
02-28-07, 2:03 pm
i channel that anger, and energy, and use it in my powerlifts..Fukem. if they cant handle our lifestyle, then they are not worth my time.

i am lucky enough to have a phenomenal girlfriend that LOVES to cook, and LOVES toni's recipes...so i get to eat great food all the time.

jhicks3301
03-13-07, 1:44 pm
I'm also a member of bodybuilding.com forums and I just need to rant for a second... I hear all these kids b*tchen about animal pak... The only reason why is that, "Man, i hate taking all these pills.... any suggestions?"
I say MAN UP... Geeze... these are the same kids that will stack eight or nine supplements just because they think it is going to be the magic supplements thats going to make them huge.....
sorry I just wanted to get that off my chest.... JUST MAN UP AND QUIT BITCHIN

welshwarrior
03-13-07, 1:52 pm
I know what you mean. I USED to be a member of those forums but since i found this one, i have no need for any others.

Maccabee
03-13-07, 3:56 pm
ya i used to go there a lot and I learned a lot from the articles but when I spoke to people and read various discussions some of these dudes are taken enough supplements to provide a fuckin country

Hercules
03-13-07, 4:09 pm
Let 'em bitch. Let 'em complain. Let 'em spend a shitload of money on a ton of supplements. It doesn't bother me a bit. I take ANIMAL products. This is my body and that's what I choose to do. Let 'em make their choice. Don't get so flustered about it. Those other forums are just forums. Let's just be concerned with what happens here at the ANIMAL FORVM and in the gym.

billmd1334
03-13-07, 4:31 pm
It's funny you bring up that message board... I'm a member over there, but I haven't bothered to really look at it since this Forvm opened. Here it's a brotherhood, everyone is together for a common goal... there it seems like everyone just wants to one up each other... I'm glad I found this spot.. with people who know what we're here for

IRON_ITALIAN
03-13-07, 4:34 pm
Let them bitch bro. Animal is time tested and will always be here. Even when I was boxing and hadn't gotten into bodybuilding yet, I took the Pak. Let em take that worthless shit only because Jay takes it. Give me a break haha

Giant Killer
03-13-07, 4:35 pm
I'm confident in Animal to provide me everything I need in those 11 little pills. It's true, as opposed to stacking up a bunch of bullshit together, Animal has provided us with the "one pak to rule them all". (I couldn't resist-sorry)

jhicks3301
03-13-07, 5:02 pm
haha thats true... I hardly go there anymore... One thing that I love about this place is like you said.. Its a brotherhood... Its Animal...
We don't put each other down here. We support each other.. We help each other with problems or even support.. And I'm learning that is what being an "animal" is.... Its a lifestyle... And I'm glad that I found and became a part of it

jeff00z28
03-13-07, 10:12 pm
they are much better than taking a shake i think im taking pak and stak2 right now. It only takes a min to take a pack of pills but a shake take about 5 for me.

Painaholic
03-14-07, 10:11 pm
Man if those kids are bitchin about takin pills better tell them never take myozene cause it anit for the weak stomached. But I always thought we took the supplements for the effects not the taste.

MC-Hitman
03-15-07, 4:03 pm
Man if those kids are bitchin about takin pills better tell them never take myozene cause it anit for the weak stomached. But I always thought we took the supplements for the effects not the taste.

If they really bitch over taste, take a juice bottle with Animalpak then (Simpler than common sense...).

idk why they'd want to take 5,9 or more different supplements for completely separate functions and may not be that efficient either. It would also tally up to a much higher number of pills popped in a day

LiTeWeIgHt
03-27-07, 3:37 am
Does anyone get pissed when they're about to have a protein shake and they fail to check to make sure the damn lid is ON STRAIGHT...and they shake the shit out of it...and it goes FUCKING EVERYWHERE...DAMMMNNN that pisses me OFFF!!! and yes it just happened to me. So I'm telling you. SHIT. lol

Hikeon3
03-27-07, 4:19 am
Does anyone get pissed when they're about to have a protein shake and they fail to check to make sure the damn lid is ON STRAIGHT...and they shake the shit out of it...and it goes FUCKING EVERYWHERE...DAMMMNNN that pisses me OFFF!!! and yes it just happened to me. So I'm telling you. SHIT. lol

This one time, right after a workout, I hop in the car and start shaking up my vanilla whey shake. The lid wasn't on tight and it started spurting onto my passenger seat.

Long story short, now I have a few splotches of white "protein stains" on my passenger seat. A few people have paused before sitting down to ask "Um, what the hell is that?"

Humorous.

Sir J-Werk
03-27-07, 4:57 am
This one time, right after a workout, I hop in the car and start shaking up my vanilla whey shake. The lid wasn't on tight and it started spurting onto my passenger seat.

Long story short, now I have a few splotches of white "protein stains" on my passenger seat. A few people have paused before sitting down to ask "Um, what the hell is that?"

Humorous.

ROFLMAO!!! I just spit milk all over my computer....

rockyIV
03-27-07, 9:01 am
I've done that once, only once. I try to learn from my mistakes. I guess I cross threaded my shaker top and shook it every where. Of course I was running late for work and it got all over my shirt and didn't have time to iron another one. I just wore my jacket all day, that sucked.

Maccabee
03-27-07, 9:40 am
lol thats pretty funny. Same here I was ready to take down my shake and didnt realize it wasnt closed, then bam! all over my face and clothes. I was laughing.

Malloy1344
03-27-07, 9:58 am
I think of my favorites was after i blended my shake in my blender....I didn't have any glasses clean or shakers, so I decided to just drink outa of the blender....I bring it upstairs , and when i go to pick it up the bottom falls out and protein slushy all over me and my floor.....rage...lol

feelthepain12
03-27-07, 10:04 am
Haha that sucks man. Yeah, that's happened to me a couple times. Except with me I usually forget to make sure that I screw on the lid straight so when I shake it's a little crooked and my shake spills everywhere. Then I'm left standing in a puddle while trying to change out of my gym clothes and everyone in the locker room is just looking at me funny wondering what the hell I did to make the puddle.

focused
03-27-07, 10:12 am
Yeah this has happened to me, or the cap is on, but on not evenly. i hate when that happens. but hey another reason why ANIMAL needs a shaker.

ghost
03-27-07, 10:13 am
i agree brother. we need to get this squared away quickly.

Phenom
03-27-07, 11:21 am
i agree brother. we need to get this squared away quickly.

yup same thing happened to me with my POS BB.com Shaker bottle..It leaks and I can never screw it on straight..Id be down for an Animal Shaker bottle and perhaps a sample of Animal Max ;)

Everyonedoes
03-27-07, 11:26 am
Im sure its happened to everyone at least once.

Ricky P
03-27-07, 11:39 am
Haha, I saw this thread and though "Oh man, here we go again... What else pisses everyone off?" Then I opened it and started dying laughing. Because hell yes, this always happens to me. I have 5 shakers and all of them are aging, and all of them seem to have leaks somewhere. I just ordered another one with my Real Gains so that should get here today just in time to save myself another clean up.

squattingtillipuke
03-27-07, 1:25 pm
I have done this too...

This did bring up a memory from high school though...My best friend was sitting next to me, picked up his chocolate milk and starting shaking the living hell out of it...the dumbshit had already opened the carton and had milk going all over everyone. The cheerleaders, all dolled up behind us, got a wonderful mid day bath.

My first reaction was what the fuck, but then I think that I came as close to pissing my pants from laughing as I ever have in my life.

JBone
03-27-07, 1:27 pm
nastiest shit to spill all over your kitchen. Serious mass protien, oats, fuckin peanut butter, milk. mmm my kitchen smells like bodybuilding goodness.

goody19
03-27-07, 3:02 pm
Sometimes the mouth hole isnt snapped shut on mine, and the way I grab it and skake the opening points right into my face.... so I get ripshit when its not closed right.

JMC
03-27-07, 3:35 pm
yup same thing happened to me with my POS BB.com Shaker bottle..It leaks and I can never screw it on straight..Id be down for an Animal Shaker bottle and perhaps a sample of Animal Max ;)

Got one of those POS's right here...the ones w/o the rubber gasket are the worst! What a debacle every day...yet I still use the MFer!

k1usa
03-27-07, 4:19 pm
I got "slimed" last week....blender top was not on...hit the blend button...and presto...Im covered in 100gms of protene liquid...and my 3 1/2 year old boy thought it was the funniest thing...so did I.....heck....times like this we should always have a good laugh and not get mad......its the life we lead here guys.....

ctgblue
03-27-07, 5:15 pm
I got "slimed" last week....blender top was not on...hit the blend button...and presto...Im covered in 100gms of protene liquid...and my 3 1/2 year old boy thought it was the funniest thing...so did I.....heck....times like this we should always have a good laugh and not get mad......its the life we lead here guys.....

Yea baby, that's what I'm talking about
20oz water and ice, glutamine and 2 scoops of oats, turn that baby on and it's mop up time
You do THAT ONCE!

JUGGERNAUT
03-27-07, 6:06 pm
Yeah, that would be badass, an ANIMAL shaker cup with like metal levers that close like some of the lever powerlifting belts.. Then they can do a commercial like the old Samsonite luggage cases with the Gorilla that beats the snot out of it but we could use one of the "Gorillas" on this forum!

PowerBuilder
03-27-07, 6:54 pm
yea that happened to me before.. but it was still powdery so i just ate the powder off the floor... lol

lil ox
03-27-07, 7:12 pm
my favorite is when you got shit set up just right and you hit the top of the blender with your mounded scooper and you waste a pile of the shit all over the floor the counter the sink DAMNIT BOY!!!!!!

TufffGuY
03-27-07, 7:46 pm
lol i was thinkin about doing a thread liek this the other day, i had one in class and shook it and it went eveywhere, so embarrasssing

Kiwi129
03-27-07, 7:54 pm
Pisses me off too bro. I have one good shaker and one shitty one. One is described as "shitty" because even when the lid IS on straight there's a space between the lid and the cup and the protein slowly comes out (not a lot but enough to splash or get on my hand). Gotta shake that one with somethin around it heh.

never_2_big
03-27-07, 8:05 pm
i read this post yesterday and then it happened to me last night...
lucky my cat is a bit of a protein fan... i think he's puttin on some wieght though.

bigrhino
03-27-07, 8:32 pm
i got something worse. i had my shaker (cheap GNC one, go Animal Shaker) and went to shake it in the locker room at the gym, well these shakers leak, lose my grip, drop it, lid flies off and spills all over the floor. now i use the green gatorade bottles like the ones on tv for my shakes. never leaked or spilled.

we need some animal shakers that dont leak.

Brute Strength
03-27-07, 8:37 pm
I must be the most stupid one here. One day i took my protein to the basement to workout. And i looked into it and it had crap on the lid from i don't now what, so i unscrewed it and took the lid off and set the bottle down and sratched whatever it was off the lid, then i did my set and looked down at my bottle picked it up and like a dumb@ss shook it. I have no clue why in the world i did that but i felt real stupid, and ever since had no problem.

LiTeWeIgHt
03-28-07, 1:28 am
hey guys i just made up this thing (pulled it out of my ass) and want to post a design of it on this thread- how do i do that? its not a picture- but a powerpoint presentation? is there any way?

Merouria
03-28-07, 2:56 am
Like most people here i only did this the once. All pumped up after a raging workout and time to feed those greedy ass muscles. Bang the water in the shaker with the powder and start shaking it like demented fucker and the lid pops off. Nothing is quite as refreshing as a full shake of whey to the face!

Q
03-28-07, 3:57 am
I got tired of my leaky BB.com shakers so i just started using one of my nalgene bottles to shake my protein, the lid doesnt leak, just make sure to wash it, stale protein smells bad...

NPC Chicka
03-28-07, 4:51 am
LoL-

Damn........I "wish" the only thing I had to worry about was my protein shake exploding out of my shaker........ROFL. I miss those days, when this would be considered a "crisis" of sorts.

NPC Chicka

Toni69
03-28-07, 5:59 am
LoL-

Damn........I "wish" the only thing I had to worry about was my protein shake exploding out of my shaker........ROFL. I miss those days, when this would be considered a "crisis" of sorts.

NPC Chicka

I am with ya! Although, I have to admit, I have done the same as these guys here numerous times and its frustrating as hell. Especially since how many of us actually do carry spare protein drinks around other than the one we planned on drinking anyway? I probably should since my clumsy antics in the gym dont surprise me or anyone else anymore...LOL
You should read my movie incident in my journey from last weekend (Toni's Journey), for a bit of a laugh.

Tron
03-28-07, 10:39 am
hey guys i just made up this thing (pulled it out of my ass) and want to post a design of it on this thread- how do i do that? its not a picture- but a powerpoint presentation? is there any way?

I don't think there's really anyway to post it on this site... try putting it on some upload carrier, like a photobucket, and then link it to here.

I really don't see why we should get mad in that instance. Why get pissed and waste time and energy?

speedster00
03-28-07, 12:38 pm

Humorous.

I did the exact same thing. 20 oz went all over the dash and seat. Was hell cleaning all the sticky dried protien up.

dIdDy
04-02-07, 6:50 am

moral of the story; dont buy shakers from BB.com

ct italian 1
04-02-07, 11:44 am
the GNC shaker bottles always have the seals in the lids that get stretched out after you wash em a cpl times and both of mine from there leak like hell.

AllGloryisFleeting
04-03-07, 7:58 pm
Same here brother. I have three GNC shakers, and the seals came out of all of them. Now they leak all over the damn place.

Risk
04-04-07, 9:21 am
The worst I've done is using one of them PUMP style products that kind of fizz when you mix it with water, and I use one of those pop on lid shakers. Fucking time bomb, I walk away with it sitting next to the squat rack to grab some water and boom...

GJN5002
04-05-07, 5:03 pm
I had an old shaker that wasnt too reliable, anyway, I put a shake in my backpack to make it through my three hour lecture. I get to class and my pack is filled with protein shake and my books are ruined.

feelthepain12
04-05-07, 9:04 pm
I had an old shaker that wasnt too reliable, anyway, I put a shake in my backpack to make it through my three hour lecture. I get to class and my pack is filled with protein shake and my books are ruined.

Damn bro I was actually thinking about doing that too. Hahaha thanks for the warning.

MELTDOWN
04-05-07, 9:13 pm
i usually don't promote alot of stuff, by my sis in law sells Tupperware and she gave me 4 shakers back at thanksgiving. awesome units. they have the clump buster inserts and the main lid snaps onto the cup as well as the cap snaps onto the lid. not a dropped leaked. pricey at 11.00, but mine were FREE.......http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/tup_show_item.show_item_detail?fv_item_number=P100 55804000

Northman
04-06-07, 1:36 am
Now I don't feel so bad about my mishaps. The worst one was when I had set my brand new tub of protein powder on the big square railing above the stairs. I left the lid off and when I was shaking the protein shaker, it ezploded all over the place, and in my surprise I knocked all my hydrolized protein all down the stairs. It was the closest to crying I have been in years.

Wasteland
04-13-07, 9:35 am
Treachery is all around you... Your friends forgot where you live. What’s left for you? Can’t get out of bed these days or even think of a reason to try. Coincidence is a tragic subplot in your sad tale. What to do? What to do? What good is free will if you use it to will your own demise?

The downfall of free thinking is too much thinking, not enough intuition, instinct and intestinal fortitude. Sooner or later we all get to that place. Am I a fool? Will there be a space in people's thoughts, their remembrances for me? Or will I get the pine box and a few lines in the Sunday paper marking my departure? What some of us wouldn’t give for another pocketful of tomorrows.

Tomorrow brings no new promise, no bright purpose full of enthusiasm and energy. You think tomorrow will be there for you to lean on, then it vanishes into thin air. Tomorrow is a liar. Maybe you’re older, wiser today than you were yesterday. Maybe not.

Enter the air raid siren… No shelter from the wave of artillery that falls on your head. You are caught in interlocking fields of fire.

Treachery is all around you. Then you realize that all you have is the blood in your veins, the muscle over your bones and the fury in your heart. These things are all you really own--the rest is a TV commercial, a movie of the week, a buy-one-get-one-free coupon. Yesterday is a funeral.

Tomorrow is promised to no man. Today is forever. If you can own today, you can live forever. If you are lucky enough to wake up in the morning… Take possession of your world again. It is in this way that you can live forever, because kings never die.

These, then, are my ten for you, the weary traveler...

#1 Pain is a true friend... Maybe the only one you will ever have. If you don’t believe me, wait a few years and see who’s still around--your friends or your pain?

#2 If you own today, you never have to taste regret.

#3 Every test that befalls you is part of your purpose. Look inside when the pain comes.

#4 Everyone dies... The sooner you really understand death, the sooner you can really start to live.

#5 Stop accommodating people... You owe no explanation to any man.

#6 A coward dies a million times... A warrior dies once.

#7 If you’re like me, then you won’t find anyone who thinks like you... So don’t be afraid to be alone.

#8 Don’t fritter away time... Pursue only the things that bring you closer to your vision.

#9 Think before you speak... The only thing worse than an insult is an empty apology.

#10 Give respect when and where it is due, but do so reluctantly. If you think everyone is your peer, you will be unremarkable.

These are some things I live by and they help me keep the bullshit at bay. Time is an aggressive adversary. While you ponder and hesitate, he gains ground. Don’t sleep too soundly… Isn’t there more to be done? Are you satisfied? Be careful about being too happy. I would rather be hungry than happy any day. The elements that seek to wear you down are indeed relentless and so too should you be.

I live in a perpetual state of attack. The war is all around me. I can’t afford to take a day off… Neither can you. Overconfidence is the sunny haze that fools dwell in. Never relent in your desire to destroy your opponents. The world, with all its technology, with all its modern thought, with all its billions of people, has not lost the commonality of man. After all, it’s still kill or be killed. Isn’t it? The way I live is not for everyone. I will take my lumps from some of you. I am too rigid, yes. I am too angry, maybe. I am still vital and much more than alive, definitely.
- Machine

Wasteland
04-13-07, 9:40 am
The greatest thing happened at the gym today... The lights went out.

For those of you who don't live in Arizona the weather was crazy today with gusty winds and visibility very poor due to the dust being kicked up. Well after a struggling walk just to the doors of the gym today, the best workout of my life began......

It was during my first lift when all of a sudden the power in the building went out. The annoying pop music went off, the fans stopped, and the treadmills went to a standstill. And as all of this occurred people began to leave the gym as if it were on FIRE. But me and a few of the others continued as if nothing had happened. Because nothing did happen, the weights were still in the same place as they were when the lights were on.

As the lights went off it was as if you could see the Animal glowing from the souls of those who stayed. It was surreal, the gym was quiet, and all you heard were people grunting, weights smashing, and animals being animals. To me, it felt like I died and went to heaven. All the half ass lifters left and the gym was only filled with heart.

Now there were only about 5 of us in there in a Gold's Gym that is usually packed with around 30-40 members. I thought I was going hard, until I see out of the corner of my eye a man doing DB LUNGES! DB Lunges in nearly pitch black, talk about animal! After about 30 minutes of this lifting bliss, the managers came out to the weights and told us we had to leave due to "liability." I've never seen people get more upset, not angry, but upset, it was as if someone had died. The looks on their faces were that of a child who was told they couldn't have a piece of chocolate.

Don't worry though you bet your ass I finished my BACK day. Drove back to my dorm, threw down a shake and walked to the Student Rec Center in the pouring rain…. The Student Rec Center isn't as well equipped as Gold's, but it had just enough to finish the job.

And I sit here now wondering, why those people left? What made them make the decision to leave? It was as if the darkness pushed them out the door. I wanted to yell out so badly for them to stay. For somewhere out there in another gym, the lights didn't go out and the people didn't leave. Somewhere out there someone had the best workout of their life. And you left cause the lights went out? Talk about a sorry excuse, "Oh yea I couldn't go workout today, cause the lights didn't work."

I hope to see you all there one day and I know I will…… In the gym of darkness surrounded by my fellow Animals, where the a/c doesn’t work, the only music comes from the sound of the weights, and best of all... Yeah best of all... Where the LIGHTS ARE OUT.
- CarpeDiem

Wasteland
04-13-07, 9:47 am
Home.

everyone has a home...or a place that feels like home to you..i have come to the realisation that i have 2 homes. my gym....and my gfs house..i have been at her house for pretty much the entire last week, and i tell ya, it feels like i have lived there for 20 years.

my gym is the 2nd bedroom of my apartment. the walls are covered in posters from here...speakers for my music, and the weights. nothin fancy..basic necessities only.

life comes at you fast, and if you aren't prepared for it, you will be fighting a losing battle. and that is NOT what we are all about.

we are all about being prepared for the war that must ensue for our overall progress in our lives...

to be prepared for this battle, you must prepare yourself for the unthinkable..and in that preparation we have trained ourselves for whatever is thrown our way.

i have gone through a LOT of shit in my life...as have we all...and i know that no matter what is thrown at me, i am prepared for it and will do whatever it takes to make sure the outcome is of my liking.

we all have our chosen path in life...Make sure you are prepared for the inevitable battle that will ensue..
- rcrott1

Wasteland
04-13-07, 9:54 am
Respect. When it comes down to it, it's all about respect towards yourself and others. Sure, we can say we are better than others, but in the big scheme of things, are we? And if we are, do we need to tell others? Humility goes along way. What we, as Animals should be... Is above the fray. We need to set the right examples so that others can follow us. We are not here on this earth to point out their flaws, but to bring out their best. It's easy to point out flaws, in ourselves, and in others--it's much harder to be the one to set the example and lead others to better themselves. If others want to come along for the ride, then join. We welcome you. But at the same time, let's not put people down for shit choices they may have made. Let's always stay above the fray. Be the example setter b/c there are already enough people out there ready to shit on you when your down. Let's not join them. Let them join us, as Animals, and be better for it.
- J-Dawg

Wasteland
04-13-07, 9:59 am
I ran into a kid today (my best friend's nephew); a 12 year old that is struggling to fit in around school, has started to get pimples and is self-conscious. He's not into sports, and you know how kids can be parts of different cliques and not associate with those not in the group. Man, its rough being young, when these kids just want to fit in. I told him, "Wait till you get older, and you do things for YOU, not to fit in with those around you. You gotta find your own path, and although it takes work to bushwhack through, beaten paths are for beaten men." It's amazing how when you're young, you worry about fitting in, and as you grow older you realize that you'll do what you feel you were born to, even if that means standing out. The thing is, you'll always find someone that you can associate with, and lives and breathes the same shit you do. That's what Animalpak.com is all about; someplace where those of us that wish to stand out come together and inspire, motivate, and assist each other.
- HAWK

justinbrown
05-03-07, 4:07 am
My Bros, today ive seen there are alot of people out there that are trying to bring us all down.

I just got expelled today from my school for standing up for myself. Kid has been bullying me non stop and decided to give him whats been coming to him for a long time. Ive got very fucked up eyes (gotta wear thick ass glasses...no lenses in my eyes...and alot of other stuff) and he makes fun of me for that (rather like making fun of a mentally challenged kid for being born like that)...spreads rumours...seroid accusations all around etc.

so yep. principal didnt believe my side of ths story.

And to boot, you guys will never guess, my bike got stolen as well.

and in the last month:

GF of 6 months cheated on me
Parents getting divorced
Friends not living up to their title...if you know what i mean

Everyone has been trying to get me in a negative mindset lately it seems...intentionally or not...alot of people to bring me down and throw obstacles in my path...friends come and go...relationships turn to dust...

The Iron however, will always be there for me. Ill always have my 45 mins a day to escape and shine and do what i do best. And thats fucking comforting.

thanks for reading...just needed to vent a little is all

Nightshift
05-03-07, 4:56 am
That really sucks that you got suspended. I was bullied myself when I was young. I'm not advocating violence by any means, but I do know where your coming from. No matter how bad things get, don't let others bring ya down! Keep your head on straight and get some help if you need it! Hang in there.

Jaymafin
05-03-07, 8:55 am
ya bro life aint all sunshine and flowers. what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

bjjfighter
05-03-07, 9:10 am
Hang in there brother. You'll pull through to the other side, and all of this will pass. Get help if you need it...school counselor (even though youre expelled, you have the right to a counselor if you need it) pastor, rabbi, whatever. Through high school my friends never lived up to their name either...it sucks, but it will make the day when you find a true friend that much sweeter. Find something bigger than this to trust in and hold as your rock, it's gotta be something that doesn't change, maybe religion, maybe the iron game, but keep at it, kid.

God bless man.
Keep your chin up, you're better than all of this.

JMC
05-03-07, 10:09 am
Keep your head high bro....stay focused, disciplined, and dedicated to your goals. Ten years from now all this crap will not matter. Whatever you do, don't give up on yourself.

Dingo
05-03-07, 10:31 am
in this day and age, your never truly alone. when all you "friends" back out and life has you feelin beaten.... remember you got a legion of about 6000 mother fuckers backin you.
Head high, shoulders square, dig your feet in and be a pillar of stone in this storm of life.

justinbrown
05-03-07, 4:24 pm
thanks for the good words guys

i feel if i still got my gym membership...all will be well!

time to suck it up i suppose and move on!

eblnyc
05-03-07, 4:30 pm
you ever notice that all the shit hits you all at once. dont let it get you down.life can be a big bunch of bullshit .just keep you head up some things happen for the best! train hard!

karmazon
05-03-07, 4:31 pm
Life's not fair. And for hard working people....it's a good thing.

bharatoza
05-03-07, 4:58 pm
All I will say to you is this:

" The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very rough, mean place... and no matter how tough you think you are, it'll always bring you to your knees and keep you there, permanently... if you let it. You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. "

Take care bro.

gnoll5
05-03-07, 5:04 pm
you got a lot of Animals in your corner bro. keep fightin' the good fight.

2thick
05-03-07, 5:22 pm
Man I've got 1 friend from high school that will be my brother for life. Don't worry about the rest man. Nothing wrong with standing up for yourself. I like the Charlie Daniels song that goes...I don't want to have to fight you, but I darn sure will. Focus all the rest for fueling the fire to lift.

SDR
05-03-07, 7:02 pm
keep ya head up kid, remember even during hard times some would resort to damaging their bodies (drug/drink) and your constantly improving it aswell as ur mind. stay strong.

DetroitMuscle
05-03-07, 7:12 pm
Hey man keep it up. Dark times can bring on dark paths...dont let these times get you down. I went through divorce, alchoholism and contemplation of ending it all just a year ago. Were those things "me" per say? No...not at all but its because I let things bring me down.

Hold your head hi and brush your shoulders off. Just take one day at a time, you will see that in the long run this is all bullshit hurdles that you will jump over to get to your end goals.

Rhetoric
05-03-07, 7:17 pm
When it rains, it pours brother.
Amat victoria curam - Victory favors those who take pains.
Keep your heap. Good luck.

NickSP
05-03-07, 8:16 pm
When it rains, it pours brother.

Yup. So, I was fuckin robbed within the past few days, wallet was emptied, what bullshit. Shit like this is what makes one so proud to be "above the fray" and part of a brotherhood based on honor and respect...shit like this happens and it just pisses you off how people can be so damn weak, disrespecting, and low. Had to have at least $60-70 in there which, may not seem like a lot, but considering I have hardly $1,000 to my name, it's enough of a dent to really piss me off. Needless to say, I had a pretty good workout today.

dIdDy
05-04-07, 1:54 am
Life is like a rollercoaster. When it rains it really does pour. It is a cosmic truth, I believe. But you know what? If we didn't have bad times, how would we know things are going great? Things will start looking up bro, i promise, just hang in there.

stumblin54
05-04-07, 2:06 am
Better times to come brotha...

Stumblin

Apollos
05-04-07, 5:33 am
Stay up my brother, the shadows prove the sunshine. Strength and Honor, Live worthy
God bless you bro

hjayss
05-04-07, 7:21 am
He said it best friends will come and go the iron will always be there. The Iron will never let you down the iron will not lie to you treat you unkind it will always be you friend. Hey bro you got about 6000 + brothers here though that of course includes me. MY THEORY IF YOU AINT HELPING ME GET THE FUCK OUT THE WAY I GOT THIS. You can take that to the bank f%^k that chick, f&^k that principle, f$%k that bully up every time he gets in your face being called steroid freak is a complament to the work and dedication you have had. Good luck bro good to see you here. We all got a story bro you feel me...

Space Cowboy
05-04-07, 8:51 am
Bro your at the very beggining of your life, you've got so much ahead of you. All this shit will make you stronger, by the time your my age you will be a beast. Tho i must admit you seem to me to be very strong and well adjusted in the way your looking at the negatives, jus treat them as a challenge and a springboard for your goals. Dont look back, jus forward, the futures bright, believe me.

EASI
COWBOY

Dingo
05-04-07, 11:20 am
back in 99 i was robbed in my own apartment, held face down at gun point. This crazed crackhead was sitting on my back, pistol whipping the back of my head with the barrel of the gun and jammin that same barrel into my jaw (so much so that for about a month afterward i was bruised) telling me he was going to kill me. while his buddy sacked the place, stealing my wallet, jewelry, adio video equipment, laptop. Then when it was all said and done, he an his crony had my roomates and i strip naked, stealing my pride (luckily they bolted rather than anything else). the whole ordeal only took probably 20-30 mins, we all lost alot of "$$valuable" things, but we made it out alive. Talk about learnin the value of things that night... things can be replaced, pride re-attained, but life cannot be replaced.

my point to all this is, bad shit happens to good people all the time, life goes on and if your not dead, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep livin. Everytime life pushes you down, get up.

*read my sig*

JMC
05-04-07, 11:33 am
Dingo that's a fucked up story! Where was that...in Lewisville???

D-Bomb
05-04-07, 2:28 pm
you my friend have been given the hardest end of the stick, this kinda shit, is beyond most people's comprehension to even think of. know that i am in full support of kicking your own ass in the gym everyday to make yourself feel you are worth your weight in meat,skin and bone.

dominatetheiron
05-04-07, 3:09 pm
GF of 6 months cheated on me
Parents getting divorced
Friends not living up to their title...if you know what i mean

i feel you on that note bro girl of 3 years left me i was gunna marry that bitch, parents are splitting up too, im stuck in a shitty ass job. the only thing i tell myself and one thing u gotta remember is that the weights will never leave you, your protein will never tell you its not in the mood, and nothing can compare to the feeling of a great work out. just stay in the gym fuck everyone else.

Crash
05-04-07, 3:53 pm
I understand where you are comming from. I too was picked on in school. My parents got divorced when I was 18. I was seeing a real good girl who then went off with my best friend at the time. Yet after more than 10 years later, I look back and see that this was simply life's way of "refining" me into the man I am today. My brother, on the other hand, way always the popular kid in school, married his high school sweetheart, etc. It's seemed then, as it does now, that he has everything handed to him on a silver platter. He is very content with the things he has and the things that he has done. I, on the other hand, am not.

The reason I was picked on in school, was because I knew from a very early age that I was different. And because of my upbringing, I am always hungry. I am not complacent with the things that have been set before me and always strive to be a better man tomorrow than I was today. I've made mistakes, and paid the price. I have failed more times than I have succeeded. But I will never quit.

Each time I am faced with adversity, I give 110% and to hell with everyone else. When I look in the mirror every night and see the man staring back at me, I can meet him in the eye. And should it be my time to take the big dirt nap, then I can leave this world knowing that I became the man I was meant to be.

Grantski
05-04-07, 8:40 pm
That which does not kill us only makes us stronger....keep on pushing.

Machine
05-04-07, 9:06 pm
Mike Tyson is not someone who is widely respected for his insight or wisdom...but he did say one of the most intelligent things I ever heard. "Everybody has a plan...until they get hit." What that has come to mean for me , and what it should mean to you is clear. When the sun is warm on your back and people smile at you as you pass them in the street...its all too easy to glide through life wearing a smile. It really only gets interesting when something comes along to upset your apple cart. Thats when we find out where the bear shits in the buckwheat. Thats when we see what we're made of...when you have to knuckle up and gut it out , you find out what kind of fuel is in your tank. Time and time and time again you will be put to the test mentally and physically and for that you will need a big bag of nuts to get by. The mistake is not how you handle the problems or agonizing over what you wish you had done differently...the mistake is in thinking or hoping for the tests to be at an end. Let me tell you this my friends...the day the tests are over...so is your life. Twist it around and learn to thrive on adversity. Adversity , after all is the one thing we seem to always have plenty of. I despise people who "act" happy all the time. You aint happy motherfucker , stop perpin. I would rather be focused than jovial. I would rather be dilligent than easygoing. I would rather be cursed at than lied to...and I would rather be hungry than happy any Goddamm day of the week. Honesty is my only excuse...

MACHINE

SweatHog
05-04-07, 9:14 pm
The strength of your testimony is in direct relation to the size of your test.

Growing pains suck, but you're learning all sorts of stuff and this will improve you. Sure it sucks, sure it feels bad, but you're doing the right thing by getting support here, and training through it.

Humans need humans, doesn't mean there aint a whole lot of a-holes out there. Thing is, you've found this place, where wisdom is found and profound.

You gonna come through this stronger, better, and laugh about it one day.

Don't be bitter, be better.

naturalguy
05-04-07, 9:53 pm
Mike Tyson is not someone who is widely respected for his insight or wisdom...but he did say one of the most intelligent things I ever heard. "Everybody has a plan...until they get hit." What that has come to mean for me , and what it should mean to you is clear. When the sun is warm on your back and people smile at you as you pass them in the street...its all too easy to glide through life wearing a smile. It really only gets interesting when something comes along to upset your apple cart. Thats when we find out where the bear shits in the buckwheat. Thats when we see what we're made of...when you have to knuckle up and gut it out , you find out what kind of fuel is in your tank. Time and time and time again you will be put to the test mentally and physically and for that you will need a big bag of nuts to get by. The mistake is not how you handle the problems or agonizing over what you wish you had done differently...the mistake is in thinking or hoping for the tests to be at an end. Let me tell you this my friends...the day the tests are over...so is your life. Twist it around and learn to thrive on adversity. Adversity , after all is the one thing we seem to always have plenty of. I despise people who "act" happy all the time. You aint happy motherfucker , stop perpin. I would rather be focused than jovial. I would rather be dilligent than easygoing. I would rather be cursed at than lied to...and I would rather be hungry than happy any Goddamm day of the week. Honesty is my only excuse...

MACHINE

GREAT post!

ironshaolin
05-05-07, 9:44 am
Machine makes a good point here, adversity is just something you have to deal with throughout your life, so you better learn to overcome real quick. Life will keep you on your toes, and if you aren't quick enough, it will score a knockout. However, I don't think that means you have to go through life being bitter and pissed at the world. To be sucessful in any endevour, you gotta be tough. You gotta be able to shrug shit off and keep pressing onward. Bruce Lee once said, sucess isn't a destination, its a journey. You must enjoy the path just as much as the sucess. I welcome challenges, they make me smile. You should be able to take pride and find happiness in knowing that you aren't gonna take shit from anyone, nothing can stop you from getting where you need to go. When problems come my way, I smile and think, come one lets see what you got. so, I agree totally with what machine had to say but I think you can still enjoy life while dealing with obstacles. Being happy with what you've accomplished is different than being satisfied. I'm happy for what I have and where I'm at, but I'm not satisfied, there will always be more to get done.

justinbrown
05-05-07, 6:47 pm
i feel you on that note bro girl of 3 years left me i was gunna marry that bitch, parents are splitting up too, im stuck in a shitty ass job. the only thing i tell myself and one thing u gotta remember is that the weights will never leave you, your protein will never tell you its not in the mood, and nothing can compare to the feeling of a great work out. just stay in the gym fuck everyone else.

haha the part about the protein telling me it wasnt in the mood made me laugh!

great replies people

good to know im not the only one...obviuously i wouldnt be...but sometimes i forget that everyone else has been through some serious shit too

to the guy that got robbed by a crackhead in his own home...my bro is an ex crack addict of 6 months...i cant fathom how lucky i am that he didnt do any of that shit to other people

good to have a group of guys like you around that share the same interest in bodybuilding as i do! i just finished cutting down from 200 to 185 and im looking forward to a nice clean bulk!

- school: ive got a fresh start with new people....no first impressions....and funnily enough i went to a party last night and saw a whole bunch of old friends that moved to the school im thinking of going to...they all said the people are way better than the school i got expelled from...so that was very good to hear

thanks for the words everyone

and to everyone else going through a rough time: keep your head up...and show everyone around you what you can do by overcoming what life has thrown in your way

EDIT: Machine...your articles in the owners manual and on this site have changed my life...you have written some of the most inspirational stuff that i have ever read in my life...and ive been subjected to alot of words over my time...nothing has rang so true in my head than the things you have written

thanks for replying to my thread! **curls up into ball in the corner blushing wildly**

Dedicated2Liftin
05-19-07, 9:21 pm
I know that we've all come across these guys from time to time, but after today, I gotta comment on this one guy who I see pretty often up at my gym. First off, this dude always has to make his presence known in the gym..on every rep of every set he grunts like a silverback gorilla (I understand grunting occassionally but when you're warming up on flat bench with 135, come on). Secondly, at the gym there's a long wooden bar that can be used for oblique twists; however, not for this dude. Rather, in the center of the gym floor he starts twirling the damn thing around like he's fuckin Donatello from the ninja turtles at least once per workout. Oh and that's not all folks, today after I was getting done doing a set of flyes, I notice something out of the corner of my eye and look up to see that bozo has taken his shirt off and is staring at himself in the mirror. While this guy is pretty strong, he's got a beer gut the size of a bowling ball, and it's the last thing I want to look at when I'm done with an awesome set. Anyway, just had to get this one off my chest, and if anyone else wants to vent about crap like this, I totally feel for you...damn.

Rhetoric
05-19-07, 10:04 pm
Try to turn a positive into a negative bro. I see idiots like that where I lift too. It's pretty much a given that you're going to run into someone who does something that you disagree with regardless of where you train. Just try to use that shit as motivation to better your own workouts. Lead by example. Everytime I see something like that, I just try to block it out by training harder. Don't let it frustrate you. Just take comfort in knowing that when all is said and done, you took care of business while some other dipshit acted like a child.

Liftbig21
05-19-07, 10:36 pm
I know that we've all come across these guys from time to time, but after today, I gotta comment on this one guy who I see pretty often up at my gym. First off, this dude always has to make his presence known in the gym..on every rep of every set he grunts like a silverback gorilla (I understand grunting occassionally but when you're warming up on flat bench with 135, come on). Secondly, at the gym there's a long wooden bar that can be used for oblique twists; however, not for this dude. Rather, in the center of the gym floor he starts twirling the damn thing around like he's fuckin Donatello from the ninja turtles at least once per workout. Oh and that's not all folks, today after I was getting done doing a set of flyes, I notice something out of the corner of my eye and look up to see that bozo has taken his shirt off and is staring at himself in the mirror. While this guy is pretty strong, he's got a beer gut the size of a bowling ball, and it's the last thing I want to look at when I'm done with an awesome set. Anyway, just had to get this one off my chest, and if anyone else wants to vent about crap like this, I totally feel for you...damn.

Alright Im not trying to come off like a dick here but I see too much of this shit on this Forum..First of all i suggest you get more in the zone before/while you lift,you seem to know his every move and routine pretty well which indicates lack of focus.Secondly people have their own way of expressing intensity if he wants to grunt let him grunt atleast hes getting his shit done.And finally if he wants to take his shirt off...who really cares? Bodybuilding is a selfish sport,you have to be selfish to get anywhere.If any bodybuilder tells you he never stares at himself in the mirror hes lying.We all do it,we are our own critic;nobody knows our bodies better then ourselves and its the only way to check progress.I know alot of dudes with bellys or small calves or small chest my point is we all have our weak points,but does that mean we should stop or be ashamed of ourselves?Fuck no,you aggressively go after it..Before you judge him bro,check yourself.

Dedicated2Liftin
05-19-07, 10:45 pm
I hear what you're saying but there's a difference between being aggressive/motivated and just conducting yourself like a retard. Like I said earlier, this is a guy I see pretty often, so the first time I saw/heard this crap, I tried to let it go; however, about the 200th time of seeing/hearing it, it's gotten real old. All I'm saying is that you should conduct yourself with at least some sense of decency and acknowledge the fact that there are other individuals in the gym who don't want to continually put up with this kind of crap.

TufffGuY
05-19-07, 11:03 pm
I would just go up to him and tell him "Your a Joke"

JamesD
05-19-07, 11:18 pm
we have a jackass like that at my gym.

grunts on every rep of every set, no matter the weight. my favorite is when he is doing barbel curls.the dude uses WAY TOO MUCH weight, to the point he is leaning WAY back to struggle to get the weight up. so I guess the positive would be, at least he is also one of those guys that wears a weight belt no matter what exercise he is doing.

I know though dude. you can focus all you want, but some things are just so damn distracting. Its not like focusing doesn't allow you to see what's going on around you, hear whats going on around you, etc.

Dedicated2Liftin
05-20-07, 12:08 am
we have a jackass like that at my gym.

grunts on every rep of every set, no matter the weight. my favorite is when he is doing barbel curls.the dude uses WAY TOO MUCH weight, to the point he is leaning WAY back to struggle to get the weight up. so I guess the positive would be, at least he is also one of those guys that wears a weight belt no matter what exercise he is doing.

I know though dude. you can focus all you want, but some things are just so damn distracting. Its not like focusing doesn't allow you to see what's going on around you, hear whats going on around you, etc.

Yeah bro, I knew I wasn't the only one who has been forced to put up with this kinda shit. That's why I love this forum, give us all a chance to vent about stuff like this.

Liftbig21
05-20-07, 12:08 am
I hear what you're saying but there's a difference between being aggressive/motivated and just conducting yourself like a retard. Like I said earlier, this is a guy I see pretty often, so the first time I saw/heard this crap, I tried to let it go; however, about the 200th time of seeing/hearing it, it's gotten real old. All I'm saying is that you should conduct yourself with at least some sense of decency and acknowledge the fact that there are other individuals in the gym who don't want to continually put up with this kind of crap.

I understand what your sayin bro...I think we can all say we know of one person like that...Like i said before i didnt mean to come off as a dick i just wanna give you a heads up on the other side of it...forget about um and keep trainin hard bro.

Dedicated2Liftin
05-20-07, 12:10 am
I understand what your sayin bro...I think we can all say we know of one person like that...Like i said before i didnt mean to come off as a dick i just wanna give you a heads up on the other side of it...forget about um and keep trainin hard bro.

Thanks bro, you too.

Testpolska
05-20-07, 12:42 am
I feel you bro. Except mine is a little different we got too many young kids at our gym now. I mean I have no problem with kids my age training hard but the ones that aren't just annoy. Espically since the reason I went to this new gym was to get away from the kids and jackasses that didn't bust ass.

jhicks3301
05-20-07, 12:50 am
But when I go in the gym I have one thing on my mind. i couldn't tell you who is in my gym. I have my ipod on, my log book in my hand, and thinking about my next set. I hardly ever look up unless its in the mirror while I'm doing a set. So I can't hear or paying attention to if people grunt on every set.

Maybe try some headphones or something... So you won't hear him

eblnyc
05-20-07, 1:35 am
skull candy are the best headphones in the world! i cant hear a thing. at least you guys dont get the flex show like i do! girls walk in the gym and the posing show begins. i dont like vanity!

Preston
05-20-07, 1:38 am
Maybe you should become more mentally focused so this random shit doesn't get to you as easily...and maybe you could concentrate better on your workouts, 2-1 deal.

-Preston[ANIMAL]

Dedicated2Liftin
05-20-07, 2:17 am
Maybe you should become more mentally focused so this random shit doesn't get to you as easily...and maybe you could concentrate better on your workouts, 2-1 deal.

-Preston[ANIMAL]

Bro, I understand the whole focus thing, but like someone who posted above said, there's just some shit that even fuckin Helen Keller couldn't ignore. I guess everyone's gonna have his own take on issues like these, and that's totally cool. All I was trying to do was vent on somethin that was buggin me at the time.

karthik
05-20-07, 4:24 am
hey guys what's up, always keep it real and be a warrior. I love all you guys and gals and wish nothing but the best for all of you, but however recently someone in the gym I train at has done something that I am pretty ticked off about. A person whom I thought had a reputation as a hardcore semi elite athlete, has said some pretty bad stuff about me on an online forum. Now I really don't care about what people think about me, and am humble and always put my faith in god, but he went blabbering on about how I listen to the "village people" or something of I don't have heart or something. I am shocked that this is coming from a semi-elite level athlete, most of those morons on this forum don't even know me or what I have been through, being in the Army for 6 years, and going through a deployment for 18 months, and have actually made good progress, got my deadlift up by 200 pounds and so on. I also participated in a powerlifting meet at the same gym and got 1st place in my weight class, not wearing any gear at all besides belt and knee wraps, and have done fairly decently in strongman also. I don't at all understand why they would do something like that, sometimes I wonder if they are being racist because of my name, they don't call me by that but rather something else, though not a racial slur, it isn't really that glamorous either and after what I saw I doubt I will tolerate that so-called "friendly" nickname either.

Btw, I don't want to make this sound like a rant, but rather just trying to figure a way to overcome this nonsense that should have no place in training whatsoever, add some feedback too I would like to hear your opinions.

spanish.iron
05-20-07, 5:00 am
I'd go right to his face next time at the gym and straight up ask him what the hell is up. Then listen to his suttering ass of a mouth for a few seconds before I tell him exactly how fuckin small he's become in my eyes for being a part of some petty, trivial, bullshit gossip.

k1usa
05-20-07, 6:39 am
Simple...ignore this....train hard...ignore it some more...then eat...buddy....its always a pain with this kind of thing..but you have to blow through it....and just train......

k1usa
05-20-07, 6:54 am
understand you...and all the responding post.....my take here...Yepper...some guys in the gym do some crazy shit...and when you share it here...its A OK....and as you noticed...you will get slammed sometimes for this kind of post..but bro..its all good and not to worry...its fun to hear the shit that goes on....so..keep moving forward...and stay healthy....oh yea......just ignore the dude....so there....:)

born0withno0soul
05-20-07, 7:09 am

ive got to agree with you man. everyone has their opinion of who the gym jackass is. and some might think its you. you talk about the guy posing in the mirror. well im cutting for a show and im in decent shape, i never take my shirt off at the gym, but when i pose people look at me like im a conceited jackass. just do your thing, and let him do his thing. i agree also, if your noticing all these things about this guy, your not concentrating on yourself.

eblnyc
05-20-07, 7:49 am
people love to talk shit it gives them a big fat stiffy! personally if you have something to say to someone say it to there face dont blast them all over the internet behind there back. dont let it get to you just do what your doing and ignore it. these things happen to everyone at least once in life!

naturalguy
05-20-07, 10:10 am
I've been on forums for many years. You can't let what people say online effect you. If it's going to bother you that much you should not be going on forums.

Sometimes people will say things just to get a reaction and you will be playing right into it. Stay above the fray. Keep your eyes on the prize and focus on YOUR goals and what YOU want to achieve.

Narcissist
05-20-07, 10:15 am
don't sweat it.. see guys like this all the time, sippin that Haterade. as in the great words of G-diesel in " Money mentality vol.1"..." You've got no time for negative fools and their conformist bullshit. Their negativity is fuel for your fire. Keep your head up Animal........You're on your way."

great shit to keep in your head always...esp. in situations like those.peace. my 2 cents.

DreamZero
05-20-07, 10:32 am
Use this drama queen bullsh*t as a leverage to lift more. What can you do, envy and jealousy is a part of animal life.. just don't focus on negative crap that goes around, punish the iron some more.

DreamZero
05-20-07, 10:38 am
reminded me this video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSvaUTOTdc4
god damn egos... i especially like the db curls

Dedicated2Liftin
05-20-07, 11:37 am
haha, good shit.

Malloy1344
05-20-07, 12:01 pm
wow....that guy is gonna snap his back....lol.....back to the original post.....theres a dude in my gym who breaks out into hardcore dance moves between his sets and sings like he's ricky martin......its entertaining as hell.....AND theres these two girls who workout REALLY hard, and its hot....and they make noises that I can only compared to having an orgasm while they are lifting.....lol.....mildly distracting when you forget your headphones...

spartan300
05-20-07, 3:01 pm
Alright Im not trying to come off like a dick here but I see too much of this shit on this Forum..First of all i suggest you get more in the zone before/while you lift,you seem to know his every move and routine pretty well which indicates lack of focus.Secondly people have their own way of expressing intensity if he wants to grunt let him grunt atleast hes getting his shit done.And finally if he wants to take his shirt off...who really cares? Bodybuilding is a selfish sport,you have to be selfish to get anywhere.If any bodybuilder tells you he never stares at himself in the mirror hes lying.We all do it,we are our own critic;nobody knows our bodies better then ourselves and its the only way to check progress.I know alot of dudes with bellys or small calves or small chest my point is we all have our weak points,but does that mean we should stop or be ashamed of ourselves?Fuck no,you aggressively go after it..Before you judge him bro,check yourself.

You live in Connecticut! Have you ever been confronted by one of these morons? In my neck of the woods They're not just a distraction they're a potential threat. GROANING, MOANING, OR SCREAMING IS A BOZO NO NO, oh yeah one more thing if someone wants to openly display their muscle less physique He/she should have their egotistical asses drop kicked out the door.

Ricky P
05-20-07, 3:08 pm
reminded me this video..

Holy shit....

spanish.iron
05-20-07, 5:01 pm
If it was simply forum shit then sure, ignore it, it's stupid right. Everybody has a big e-cock and they'll say anything. But when it's somebody that this person see's in real life (like the guy's situation at the top of the page), I believe a man's gotta stand up for himself and at least let him know that you know what's up and that he's a chump for doing it.

EDIT: ok ok so I rethought some stuff and I still believe you should make it known that you know he's been going behind your back. But at the same time have the dignity to not let it phase you, and not get sidetracked at the gym or whatever.

karthik
05-20-07, 6:34 pm
don't worry guys, it appears that it is all taken care of. I went today and told some top lifters as well as the owner of the gym of the situation, and the owner told me that he would set that "person" straight. He'll get the idea soon enough that what he did was wrong, and since the owner who makes the final decision anyways has the final say on this matter, that "person" won't be looked at the same in our gym anymore, needless to say.

spanish.iron
05-20-07, 7:28 pm
don't worry guys, it appears that it is all taken care of. I went today and told some top lifters as well as the owner of the gym of the situation, and the owner told me that he would set that "person" straight. He'll get the idea soon enough that what he did was wrong, and since the owner who makes the final decision anyways has the final say on this matter, that "person" won't be looked at the same in our gym anymore, needless to say.

That's good to hear. I'm glad it's being dealt with.

ercule
05-21-07, 12:47 am
What's wrong with the Village People? There's nothing wrong with silly music that's fun to dance to. I think I've danced The Y. M. C. A. at every wedding I've ever been to. ( along with the Electric Glide and the Chicken Dance)
At least he didn't say you listened to Donny and Marie or Vanilla Ice or Zamphere playing the pan flute.:-)

karthik
05-21-07, 2:09 am
What's wrong with the Village People? There's nothing wrong with silly music that's fun to dance to. I think I've danced The Y. M. C. A. at every wedding I've ever been to. ( along with the Electric Glide and the Chicken Dance)
At least he didn't say you listened to Donny and Marie or Vanilla Ice or Zamphere playing the pan flute.:-)

oh, he said a lot worse things than that, including terms that I believe are racist such as "Quatzo" or whatever the heck that is supposed to mean, he also referred to me as a retard, village idiot, said something about how I am a wannabe, and basically tried to ruin my credibility amongst some powerlifters and strongman that he hangs out with.

Rooster
05-21-07, 2:42 am
Man, screw this cat. There is obviously some short coming that he is trying to compinsate for. People like that just love to hear themselves talk. "F" that shit. Just handle your business like you did and move on. I had someone step up on me at a job site once and I just made sure that he never did it again. I am a big man and really dont expect people to step up but if you handle it with dignity your rep will remain intact and you will be the victor. So... to the victor go the spoils.

Peace

ghost
05-21-07, 8:20 am
oh, he said a lot worse things than that, including terms that I believe are racist such as "Quatzo" or whatever the heck that is supposed to mean, he also referred to me as a retard, village idiot, said something about how I am a wannabe, and basically tried to ruin my credibility amongst some powerlifters and strongman that he hangs out with.

sounds to me like he is jealous of your accomplishments...so fuck him. keep doing what you are doing. you only have to please yourself, no one else.

rjs
05-21-07, 9:52 am
reminded me this video..

OMG, funny shit man

ercule
05-21-07, 9:54 am

That sucks. I'm a firm believer that the only person that can ruin one's credibility is one's self. Is it appropriate in your situation to give the other BBs/PLs a little credit that they would realize this guy is,obviously, pretty immature just by listening to his B.S.? Everything you do every day ( good or bad ) proves to your peers and the world around you who you are. If they know you and they know him then I bet they've already decided who is full of B.S.

ghost
05-21-07, 11:00 am

Or you could ignore him completely and focus on the weights...turn the music up a little louder, lower your hat, and focus on your sets. fuck everyone else in the gym.

nawaaz
05-21-07, 1:46 pm
I do not know if this will qualify as a rant, and please excuse me if it does, brothers, but I've really noticed an upsurge in negativity around me. When things are not going as smoothly for me as expected, I always hear something along the lines of "you should've done this, you'd better have done that" or even "never know what's gonna happen". What the fuck? All these comments have a tendency to push the red button and make you go on a freaking rampage.
Thank God I have this sanctuary to come to, and eventually convert all this absorbed shit into a good kinda rage, one which will just allow me to push myself further in the weight room tomorrow. Each word that is spoken on this forvm weighs so heavy because it's spoken from someone who's not been scared to look inside and confront what's in.
If you're expecting something bad to come jack everything up, it simply means you ain't got faith in your abilities to do shit. If you're telling someone that he should've done this shit or that shit, it simply means you don't believe in that person. So quit being a friend or whatever you think you are, just walk away, cause when I set out to do shit, I end up doing shit, no matter what it takes. I ain't a conformist, and will never give in to doubt in myself. So fuck you haters.

nawaaz

JMC
05-21-07, 1:57 pm
If the dog hadn't stopped to take a shit, he woulda caught the rabbit.
-My old man, anytime we said, "I should have"....

krazyassmexican
05-21-07, 2:03 pm
i feel the same as u

haters keep hating

i'll keep cuttin

dIdDy
05-21-07, 7:58 pm
so educate them.....

Brute Strength
05-21-07, 10:01 pm
Alright so for the past few days I've had a deep pain in my upper ab region, and yesterday my mom said "its probably from all the 'stuff' you take."
All I take is animal pak, bcaas, and protein(whey and micellar). I had so much to say to this but I didn't because she buy me some of it, but I should have. So this morning she wakes up with the exact same pain, so I said to her "It must be all the 'stuff' you eat." She just looked at me, so I reminded her what she said yesterday, so she said something about how she doesn't take 7(she ment 11) pills. I reminded her that its a multi, and she doesn't even take her multi, because it scares her. She then said something about looking up animal pak. She probably thinks that animal pak had steroids in it lol.

I know this isn't really a big deal, but the way my parents eat and don't care about their health she has no right saying anything about what I'm doing. I'm like a million times more healthy than they are.

Thats sucks real bad i got it same here my mom wont even buy me protein but luckily my dad used to bodybuild and still does and a matter of fact when my dad was young he took Animal know how convienent is that. Also he knows all of the supps out there and what they are capable of so when i want something he's right there for me buying it.

ercule
05-21-07, 11:28 pm

You may be lactose intolerant and it could be giving you cramps, also, I used to mix my protien shakes in a blender and it whipped in so much air ( bubbles ) that it gave me gas pains that would make me double over at work. Now I mix it very gently with a spoon and it no longer bothers me. Also you may try eating more fiber, salads and green veggies. They help push all of that protien shake sludge through your digestive system. Sorry you're having tummy trouble. Hope that you feel better soon.

ercule
05-21-07, 11:56 pm

[/QUOTE
I've noticed something about guys like the one you are describing. They usually don't last long in the gym. They come for a while and live out their little bodybuilder fantasy and tell their beer drinking buds that they "work out" but before too long you'll probably notice that he doesn't come around anymore. He'll either hurt himself doing something stupid or lose interest. You are obviously in this for the long haul. Think of him as a"New Years Resolutionist."

Dedicated2Liftin
05-22-07, 1:03 am
Yeah man, I hear ya...I'll keep my fingers crossed, lol.

never_2_big
05-22-07, 6:11 am
Cell phones, just as if you're at your job, should only be used in the gym for an emergency... I don't even bother to look around to see who's using one. As long as they don't waste space on a machine I need to use, then I don't care what they do... It's their loss. I just slip on my headphones and do what I gotta do. I train when the gym is practically empty and don't get to see these jokers on the phone.

right on J-Dawg, 9am til about 3pm the gym is empty, i think i can see tumbleweeds rollin round... get in there when its empty and get the job done, no better way.

vik
05-22-07, 12:32 pm
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm of the opinion that if some jackass is talking on his cell phone in the gym, taking up valuable real estate on a bench, that I should be allowed...no, encouraged, to take a 50 pound dumbell, lay hold of the aforementioned cell phone, and smash that fucker into to little tiny pieces.

Ever notice how the guys who bring their cell phones to the gym are the same ones who bench 95 pounds, then get up and bump chests with their friends like they were actually doing something. They prance around, talk really loud and bullshit their friends about all the weight they're going to lift today. They've also got a bad case of I.L.S. (Imaginary Lat Syndrome).

Unless you're a cop, a fire fighter, or soldier on call, or your wife is pregnant and near due, leave that bloody piece of electronic bullshit in your locker and stop pissing people off!

Any thoughts?

Bro I was thought this along time ago from my girlfriend "the pay there gym dues and if they want to talk on there cell phone who care there’s more benches ask them if you can cut in or ask someone else if you can cut in with them or you can do another ex and then when your done you can hit that exercise and if your paying attention to them your as bad as them because you are not focusing” sorry if I sound like a dick but its not even worth tripping about to me.

7707mutt
05-25-07, 10:51 am
Cell Phones and Tv in the gym. Bros why the hell are you in the gym for? Your only reason to be there is to bust the fucking shit outta that part you are training.....who the fuck cares who is calling duringin training? The difference between those that win and gain the goals they set and those that just spin their wheels is the foucs, concentration and dedication to lift, lift hard, heavy and with passion. I get so tired of hearing people chatting in the gym while they lift. Do not get me wrong I shoot the shit time to time.....but come on if you need to talk on the fucking phone while working out maybe the gym is not the place for you.
I have been in many gyms over the years. One thing I can Guareentee to you younger newer Animals, is the ones that are HUGE, Stronger then a Mofo, are the ones that keep at it day in day out. AND they are the ones with the Laser like focus on what the end goal is. Take some advice Leave that fucking phone in the car.....

Jon
05-25-07, 10:54 am
phones I understand but a tv is a must for me... there's absolutely no way i'd do my 1+hrs cardio without a tv infront of the treadmill