PDA

View Full Version : The Bodybuilder's Grocery & Shopping List

Platestacker
02-01-07, 7:25 pm
Ok so I'm heading out to the store what to get. I have been cruising the sight and I found that the things I eat arn't the greatest. I need a solid list of muscle food.
tuna, rice, ect.................

maddawg
02-01-07, 7:27 pm
lots of fuckin eggs eat the whites, tuna, beef, and oatmeal. i think thats the basics

MadeOfScars
02-01-07, 7:32 pm
skinless chicken breast
brown rice
tuna
100% whole wheat bread
oats
natural peanut butter
lean turkey patties
fruits apples/oranges
veggies (i usually get frozen green beans)
eggs
milk (1% will do fine)
whole grain cold cereal (if u r in a hurry in the morning)
potatoes
low fat cottage cheese

Simps
02-01-07, 8:18 pm
skinless chicken breast
brown rice
tuna
100% whole wheat bread
oats
natural peanut butter
lean turkey patties
fruits apples/oranges
eggs
milk (1% will do fine)
potatoes
low fat cottage cheese

I'd add in some steak, beans, almonds, and coffee. All essential in my book.

NickSP
02-01-07, 9:40 pm
http://bodyforlife.com/nutrition/foodlist.asp

Platestacker
02-01-07, 9:43 pm
Coffee? Now I love coffee but I thought it was a bad thing to drink.

Knife
02-01-07, 11:28 pm
Coffee? Now I love coffee but I thought it was a bad thing to drink.

Caffeine in moderation is supposed to good for your metabolism, isn't it?

karmazon
02-01-07, 11:49 pm
Caffeine in moderation is supposed to good for your metabolism, isn't it?

Yes, it stimulates your CNS and promotes fat loss.

gsb239
02-02-07, 12:38 am
skinless chicken breast
brown rice
tuna
100% whole wheat bread
oats
natural peanut butter
lean turkey patties
fruits apples/oranges
eggs
milk (1% will do fine)
potatoes
low fat cottage cheese

hahaha I think this dude stole my list

jbear
02-02-07, 12:58 am
Boys have covered it bro. Keep it simple and clean.
FYI nothing wrong with caffiene IMO.

Jaymafin
02-02-07, 9:05 am
Dude fuck the grocery store for meat. Find a butcher in your area and get ground beef 90/10, ground turkey, chicken, steak and fish. hit the grocery for your carbs and veggies. Trust me you will save alot of money and buy in the outragous quantites we buy meat in.

lstan
02-02-07, 11:41 pm
I would add tilapia or salmon. Something rich on omega-3s and you can throw some lemon juice on for flavor. Great with a grain like rice.

ironshaolin
02-02-07, 11:58 pm
Dude, pick up this month's muscle and fitness magazine. It has a list of 111 best bodybuilding foods ever. I'm thinkin about just tearin out the pages and using those as my shopping list,+toilet paper and soap.

vik
02-03-07, 12:33 am
turkey meat
eggs
and more eggs
milk
tuna
chicken breast
wheat pasta
brown rice
thats what i get

Torque757
02-04-07, 4:39 pm
I would get my caffien from green tea. I use 8 tea bags in half a gallon of water(kinda strong), but the tea works as a thermogenic and does alot to keep you lean during bulking. Not to mention the numerous benefits of the anti-oxients in green tea.

Giant Killer
02-04-07, 4:42 pm
A good rule to follow is to only get the items you can get by making a complete circle around the outside of the store without going in the aisles--the general rule being that anything in an aisle is processed, and the food around the outside is fresh-steak, veggies, dairy products, eggs, etc. ...although there are a few exceptions tuna being one of them

NickSP
02-04-07, 4:44 pm
only get the items you can get by making a complete circle around the outside of the store without going in the aisles--the general rule being that anything in an aisle is processed, and the food around the outside is fresh-steak, veggies, dairy products, eggs, etc. .

Holy crap I never noticed that haha

NEW B
04-10-07, 2:33 pm
I am about to graduate from college in a few weeks. So I will be on my own in a lot of ways but where I need help is in making my first shopping list. I want to eat as healthy as possible and as cheap as possible but I am willing to spend extra to stay healthy. Right now I am on a clean as possible bulk my weight is going up as bf is going down. Around June I plan on doing a practice cut for 8 weeks. So my question is what is some of your shopping lists include and how much you spend a week on food. Thanks for the help.

ironshaolin
04-10-07, 2:38 pm
cheapness you gotta buy tuna. Tuna, tuna and more tuna. My shopping list is light: Tuna, eggs, chicken(buy the bulk packages), ground beef or turkey depending if I'm bulking or cutting, oatmeal, rice, bread, milk, frozen veggies, apples, banannas, avocado, carrots, broccoli. The best way to save money is to shop at a price club, or buy generic. Look for specials, and watch for coupons they all help. Alot fo times too they'll have bulk specials, like 10 chicken breasts for 15 bucks or something. I recommend cooking half, freezing the other half, eat out of tupperwares, then half way through the week cook the rest of it.

brandonA
04-10-07, 2:40 pm
My last shopping trip was about 80 bucks and went like this....

boneless, skinless chicken breasts
london broil
half gallon of milk
two bags of salad
ground turkey
tub of oats
grapefruit
low fat cheese sticks

and some other stuff im sure.....try Sams club or Costco..well worth the membership fees, or find somone who will take you..watch your adds and get the store club cards...we shopped at Safeway and saved like 25 bucks....

-B

yea, i forgot the frozen veggies...Birdseye makes these microwave steam bag veggies...really good...get two meals out of one bag...

gsb239
04-10-07, 2:52 pm
my typical shopping list for a week:

6 dozen eggs
club pack of extra lean ground beef (i freeze half, lasts about 1.5 weeks)
tuna
club pack of boneless/skinless chicken breasts (freeze half after marinading)
grapefruit
apples
pears
asparagus
frozen berries to throw in oatmeal
frozen veggies (broccolli, cauliflower)
low fat cottage cheese
diet pop
sometimes salmon in place of chicken breasts
quaker quick oats (the big box, lasts about a month and a half)
splenda for oats
4 litres of skim milk

dominatetheiron
08-22-07, 8:27 pm
I am moving into my own one bed room apt for school this weekend. I am getting paid tomorrow and going grocery shopping. I am on a cut and a member of a top 10 in the national collegiate wrestling team. I want to eat super clean and my theory is if i don't stock it in my place i wont eat it cause i never go out during school. My question is what sort of foods should i stock in that mother?

I have been eating chicken breast, turkey, and tuna. I have a george foreman and a full kitchen with stock and oven. I am up for any suggestions. healthy snacks, meats what types of cuts of meat the whole spiel. Basically i dont know how to grocery shop correctly and need help learning so please help me out fellas.

BigAnt
08-22-07, 8:50 pm
I am moving into my own one bed room apt for school this weekend. I am getting paid tomorrow and going grocery shopping. I am on a cut and a member of a top 10 in the national collegiate wrestling team. I want to eat super clean and my theory is if i don't stock it in my place i wont eat it cause i never go out during school. My question is what sort of foods should i stock in that mother?

I have been eating chicken breast, turkey, and tuna. I have a george foreman and a full kitchen with stock and oven. I am up for any suggestions. healthy snacks, meats what types of cuts of meat the whole spiel. Basically i dont know how to grocery shop correctly and need help learning so please help me out fellas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good luck with your move!

you gotta shop the sales, what I DO!

eggs, chicken breasts, top round, flank steak, 97% lean grd beef, salmon, can tuna, big bags of potatos, rice, fruit, veggies, oats, some good flax oil...water and maybe some natty p-butter..and of course Ultra Iso Whey...

plenty of water for hydration...

snack on nuts, seeds, maybe beef jerky & rice cakes....

get some seasonings/herbs and spices, will keep the food tasting good!

jhicks3301
08-22-07, 8:57 pm

eggs, chicken breasts, top round, flank steak, 97% lean grd beef, salmon, can tuna, big bags of potatos, rice, fruit, veggies, oats, some good flax oil...water and maybe some natty p-butter..and of course Ultra Iso Whey...

Well it looks like I can't add anything LOL

Good post Ant!

I like the spices as well cause you can really change a standard meal with it..

Lowdown5
08-22-07, 9:39 pm

Advice we all can follow. Thanks Ant.

krazyassmexican
08-22-07, 10:00 pm
gotta love to snack on beef jerky

Joe D'Amato
11-17-07, 10:38 am
im trying to bulk up and get as much mass on me as posible but i have no food in the house. can you guys give me a list of food i should get.

norrim1
11-17-07, 10:48 am
im trying to bulk up and get as much mass on me as posible but i have no food in the house. can you guys give me a list of food i should get.

Try this thread out:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7022&highlight=cheap+bulk+foods

Joe D'Amato
11-17-07, 11:40 am
so

Chicken
Tuna
Red Meats
Peanut Butter
Whole Wheat Bread
Oats
Bananas
Milk
Eggs
Cottage Cheese
Lean Hamburger Meat
Potatoes
Green Beans
Spinach
Broccoli
90% Lean Ground Beef
Rice
Oatmeal

pretty much covers it?

norrim1
11-17-07, 11:52 am
so

Chicken
Tuna
Red Meats
Peanut Butter
Whole Wheat Bread
Oats
Bananas
Milk
Eggs
Cottage Cheese
Lean Hamburger Meat
Potatoes
Green Beans
Spinach
Broccoli
90% Lean Ground Beef
Rice
Oatmeal

pretty much covers it?

Looks good, pretty good list of items. Eat Hearty bro!

bigrhino
11-17-07, 1:14 pm
you are going to need some pam. maybe some seasonings if you want too.

Ajack
11-18-07, 9:34 am
Spices you'll want:
Garlic
Salt
pepper
Cheyenne Pepper
Chilli pepper
Oregano
Parsley
Minced Onions
Beef Bullion
Chicken Bullion
Cumin(sooo good)
Basil(not a fan)
Flour
Honey
Seasoning Salt
Cinnamon
Sugar or in your case Splenda

ALWAYS have onions and green peppers on hand for taste. They are a great additives to many things. Especially eggs

I think that's it for the basics. I use all those at least once a week some of them multplie times. Seasonings can be expensive but they last you damn near forever. If you don't know how to use certain spices look up recipes and learn from there.Toni69 has posted hundreds of perfect recipes for us here in the Recipes section, nutritional facts and all. Big Jawn too.

Cooking is an integral part of our sport, the better cook you are, the better you'll eat.

Carpe Diem P.T
02-10-08, 7:13 am
"Every week my grocery bill totals more than $500. When it comes to bodybuilding, you can't afford to eat junk. A bodybuilder's diet is expensive. But this is another sacrifice" - machine

Are you guys spending a ton?

Brute
02-10-08, 7:23 am
"Every week my grocery bill totals more than $500. When it comes to bodybuilding, you can't afford to eat junk. A bodybuilder's diet is expensive. But this is another sacrifice" - machine

Are you guys spending a ton?

I am spending more and my groceries have shifted heavily to steak, ground beef and chicken. I've found ways to save cash buying in bulk and what not though. During my job hunting I always have groceries in the back of my mind; more pay == more food.

Elite
02-10-08, 7:40 am
Reminds me of this quite surreal Markus Ruhl vid.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEa6xgUyKVI

Carpe Diem P.T
02-10-08, 8:07 am
that was one of the strangest yet coolest things i have ever seen. amazing how he lights up at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IkIammmoc&feature=related -- this is also interesting where he talks about everything he eats in a day and why

Madcat
02-10-08, 8:28 am
Just back from Costco yesterday, 8-9lbs top round cut steak, 9lbs chicken breasts, 4 lbs ground turkey, organic salad, dried fruit/nut mix, etc. Totalling 500 bux. Thank God moms was there and paying or I wouldve shit a brick.

On average, Id say I spend close to 100 a week on food, mostly steak, rice, chicken, and pork. Gallon of milk, and a shit ton of eggs.

Like you guys said, you cant eat shit and expect to grow.

Feel The Power
02-10-08, 9:32 am
i miss costco.. i buy most of my food at walmart. alot cheaper than the grocery stores around here. still spend a good amount, but save too.

Brute
02-10-08, 9:37 am
Reminds me of this quite surreal Markus Ruhl vid.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEa6xgUyKVI

Wie sagt man das auf English? Ich habe grosse Respekt vor ihm...or something like that (wish my German wasn't so rusty so I could have understood all of his comments).

I like the peanut butter part - like a kid in a candy store. I've read a lot of the big guys here talk about the looks and the glares they get, this video really drives that point home.

jer
02-10-08, 10:11 am
Yeah, I'd say I spend close to $500 a month on food alone. Eggs have gotten more expensive as of recent as well, and they make up a nice chunk of my diet.

You've got to look around. I go to a great Italian butcher shop that has incredible prices and if you frequent often, he'll hook you up with some great 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deals on steaks and such, at an already lower than average price that you'd pay at a super market.

I usually go ever two weeks and spend about 175-200 bucks on just meat(chicken, steak and turkey) It isn't solely for me though, but I would venture to say I eat 70% of it.

A 2 1/2 pound package of boneless chicken breast goes for around 3 bucks.

musclealchemist
02-10-08, 10:22 am
i can drop $100 easily everytime i go to sams. Plus that doesnt count the stuff i get at walmart and stuff. I dont spend as much as the rest of you because im in college, but its still more then most college kids spend on food.

Phenom
02-10-08, 10:27 am
i can drop $100 easily everytime i go to sams. Plus that doesnt count the stuff i get at walmart and stuff. I dont spend as much as the rest of you because im in college, but its still more then most college kids spend on food.

x2..Buy non perishable foods at wally's and buy meats at supermarkets. good advice

Renji007
02-10-08, 10:34 am
About 110 dollars a week on food, and that includes the protein powder. I go through that like candy.

About one shake with every meal to make sure my protein intake is above what it needs

Example:: 2 chicken breasts, Tilapia, Oatmeal, Universal protein (chocolete kind XD I love that stuff >-< so much)

My parents can't believe that I actually eat all of this stuff >>

MedusaThrills
04-02-08, 10:59 am
What do you normally have on your shopping list? Dads giving me some money and im going off to the shops soon to buy some "real" food because i complained to mum for only buying chocolate, sugary refined carbs, cakes etc.

Heres what i got so far;

16oz Ribeye
Sweet potatoes (yams)
Gallon of water (so i can reuse container)
One Large Roast Chicken.

Add some more :) I got plenty cans of tuna because the dog eats it for her dinner aswell haha.

krazyassmexican
04-02-08, 11:01 am
every week i got and buy 3 or 4 lbs of skinless boneless chicken breast
same ammount of ground beef or ground turkey, brown rice, ezekiel bread, cottagge cheese, eggs, cheese sticks, etc etc

firsthorseman97
04-02-08, 11:02 am
Get some ground beef 93/7 or better, Tuna, Rice, Eggs, Oatmeal, Natty PB, Chicken breast, some kind of white fish (Tilapia)

firsthorseman97
04-02-08, 11:03 am
every week i got and buy 3 or 4 lbs of skinless boneless chicken breast
same ammount of ground beef or ground turkey, brown rice, ezekiel bread, cottagge cheese, eggs, cheese sticks, etc etc

Damn! You type faster than me! LOL!

jer
04-02-08, 11:23 am
Well, I'm going in a couple hours and here's my list:

4-5lbs. of lean cut steak (top round, london broil)
4-5lbs. of chicken breast
2-3lbs. of white fish (I like cod the best)
20lb. bag of long grain rice
20lb. bag of potatoes
3-4 dozen omega 3 eggs
3-4 jars of Natural peanut butter
2-3lbs. of raw nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, ect.)
2-3lbs. of fresh green beans if they have 'em.

That's it for today.

Preston
04-02-08, 11:34 am
Oh man...am I shopping for the week or the month? Here is the weekly grocery list.

2 Gallons skim milk
8 cottage cheese
4 bags 3lb noodles
2 containers of rice
18 cans reduced fat cream of chicken
18 cans reduced fat cream of mushroom
( I don't need meat because I already have a whole side of beef in my freezer. )
Marinades for my steaks
usually 8 bags of frozen veggies, the mixed up kind
Chicken boulion cubes for my rice
Yogurt
4 cartons Grade A XL eggs.
2 Containers Egg white ( made by egg beaters )
4 bags of chicken at SAMS Club which are about 10lbs.
4 Heads of lettuce
8 Green Peppers
2 bags of potatoes
2 bags of onions
2-3lbs bananas
2 Peanut Butters

As far as fish goes, I already got a great deal on some Mahi Mahi and Tilapia at 73 cents a piece that is about 6oz a piece.

Damn...I think thats it.

haha, oh shit I look so fat. haha.

OH...and rice cakes :)

mritter3
04-02-08, 12:34 pm
most people hate grocery shopping i for one love it this is what i buy every week...tuna, eggs, oatmeal, lunch meats, apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, potatoes, chicken breasts, salmon, tilapia, ground turkey, pork chops, yogurt, cottage cheese, frozen fruits to throw it shakes, peanut butter, kashi cereal, granola, beef flank steak it is about the leanest, best tasting steak you can get for the price, milk, frozen hamburgers, yellow/red peppers, brown rice. that about does it. lots of goodies.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-02-08, 1:04 pm
i dont really have a problem finding what to buy, i just cant eat eggs, they make me sick.. and i dont really like fish, salmon is ok, usually eat it smoked, but to me most fish have that fishy flavor (obviously) which ones do you find dont have that??

Hoffdogg
04-02-08, 1:16 pm
i dont really have a problem finding what to buy, i just cant eat eggs, they make me sick.. and i dont really like fish, salmon is ok, usually eat it smoked, but to me most fish have that fishy flavor (obviously) which ones do you find dont have that??
Try the tilapia, it's a real mild solid white fish.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-02-08, 1:18 pm
Try the tilapia, it's a real mild solid white fish.

i ate that once and it was in a white wine cheese sauce, it was bad, i think it was mostly the sauce, i may have to grab soem from my neighbor.. hmm thanks

Enforcer
04-02-08, 1:19 pm
Eggs, Tuna, Lean Ground Turkey, Rice, Potatoes, Chicken, KFC Masterpiece, Ketchup, Water, Milk, G2 Gatorade, Peanut Butter, Toilet Paper (u know it is if ur eating 6-8 meals a day)...would be more to this list if it was the offseason

Hoffdogg
04-02-08, 1:21 pm
i ate that once and it was in a white wine cheese sauce, it was bad, i think it was mostly the sauce, i may have to grab soem from my neighbor.. hmm thanks
i posted a recipe for it in tacos somewhere here....ok found it..it's kind of involved but damn good.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=325943&postcount=9

SQUAT or DIE!
04-02-08, 1:24 pm
i posted a recipe for it in tacos somewhere here....ok found it..it's kind of involved but damn good.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=325943&postcount=9

graicas, i may have to try it some time soon

dsmyl666
04-02-08, 1:45 pm
My List:

5lbs steel cut oats-$4.5
8 lbs turkey burgers- $9
4 lbs eye of round steak- $6
2 lbs lean fish- $4
2lbs Chicken- $3
8 lbs sweet potato- $10
3 lbs apples- $3
Bread- $2
cheese-$1
milk- $3
produce- $3
REGULAR peanut butter-$2

Total- $49.5

+ $5/week whey

Against The Grain
09-19-08, 9:43 am
When you head to the grocery store, what's on your weekly list?

InkdMuscle
09-19-08, 12:06 pm
I didnt see if anyone else added this but when i hit costco I grab a tub of trail mix or gernolla mix. Just something to snack on through out the day when im at work besides the meals i bring.

Dingo
09-19-08, 12:21 pm
the sweet potato

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=64

bigrhino
09-19-08, 12:24 pm
blueberries, broccoli

TheDarkHalf
09-19-08, 1:10 pm
Gonna demolish the store tomorrow, i'll report back with everything I get!

Jay_de
09-22-08, 11:44 am
My shopping list is basically the same everytime I go to the store...

2 bags of boneless skinless chicken breast
Box of 5 dozen eggs
1 gallon of 2% milk
Oats
a few 2 liter bottles of Coke Zero
Natural Peanut butter (I really like the 'Naturally More' brand...http://www.peanutsnack.com/)
Bag of frozen Salmon fillets
A few sweet potatos

The only time I venture into the aisle's is to get stuff for my son (Juice, etc).

Mr. Aestheticz
09-22-08, 11:56 am
I do all my shopping at BJ's Wholesale, I average $200-$225 per trip, I go shopping twice a month so basically every time I get paid I go. I do all my shopping around a 2 week period and then some!

I would suggest going to BJ's, Costco, or Kirklands for grocery shopping!

Bulk helps you stock a lot of shit and be well prepared, it may cost more when you first go but will see you will end up saving more money down the road!

simpleguy
09-22-08, 12:01 pm
my usual list:

oats, rice, potatoes, fruit (mostly apples and bananas), veggies - never forget about them
lean beef, chicken breast, tuna, eggs, skim milk, sometimes yogurt or low-fat cheese
almonds, peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil (I rarely buy it though since a 1l bottle lasts pretty long)

Psycho77
09-22-08, 12:21 pm
cheese, milk, oats, rice, several kilos of chicken breast, some p chops, several kilos of beef (different cuts), apples, oranges, grapes, other seasonal fruits, tilapia, bizkits, p butter, olive oil, veggies for salads, 5 dozen eggs, juice, potatoes, pasta noodles, several cans of tuna

Jay_de
09-22-08, 1:45 pm
I do all my shopping at BJ's Wholesale, I average $200-$225 per trip, I go shopping twice a month so basically every time I get paid I go. I do all my shopping around a 2 week period and then some!

I would suggest going to BJ's, Costco, or Kirklands for grocery shopping!

Bulk helps you stock a lot of shit and be well prepared, it may cost more when you first go but will see you will end up saving more money down the road!

$225 per trip????

At first I was going to freak but realized it's not too bad when you do the math...
I average about $90 per trip and I go Biweekly so $180 - $200 a month is average I suppose.

sanga
09-22-08, 3:44 pm
Liquid egg whites
Eggs
Iso Whey
Natural peanut butter
Chicken breasts
Spinach
Almonds
Steak
Broccoli

All keto for me.

Mr. Aestheticz
09-22-08, 3:57 pm
$225 per trip????

At first I was going to freak but realized it's not too bad when you do the math...
I average about $90 per trip and I go Biweekly so $180 - $200 a month is average I suppose.

I completely counted and outlined what I will be eating a week during my off season and the grocery bill is 200-225 but remember that is for TWO WEEKS NOT ONE, so it works out to 100 a week basically which equals $400 a month!

Consumption A Week
64 EGGS
144 ALMONDS
50 TBSPN OF PB
14 TBSPN OF RAISINS
10 CUPS OF OATMEAL
88 OZ'S FF MILK
6.5 LBS OF CHICKEN
1.5 LBS OF APPLES
75 TSPNS OF EVOO
2625 GRAMS OF SPINACH
5 CUPS OF GRAIN PASTA
9 CUPS OF RICE
236 GRAMS OF PEANUTS
25 CUPS OF BROCOLLI
5 LBS OF SWEET POTATO
2 LBS OF STEAK
8 CUPS OF FF COTTAGE CHEESE
1 LB OF BANANAS
6 CUPS OF TOMATOS

Jay_de
09-22-08, 4:09 pm
I completely counted and outlined what I will be eating a week during my off season and the grocery bill is 200-225 but remember that is for TWO WEEKS NOT ONE, so it works out to 100 a week basically which equals $400 a month!

Consumption A Week
64 EGGS
144 ALMONDS
50 TBSPN OF PB
14 TBSPN OF RAISINS
10 CUPS OF OATMEAL
88 OZ'S FF MILK
6.5 LBS OF CHICKEN
1.5 LBS OF APPLES
75 TSPNS OF EVOO
2625 GRAMS OF SPINACH
5 CUPS OF GRAIN PASTA
9 CUPS OF RICE
236 GRAMS OF PEANUTS
25 CUPS OF BROCOLLI
5 LBS OF SWEET POTATO
2 LBS OF STEAK
8 CUPS OF FF COTTAGE CHEESE
1 LB OF BANANAS
6 CUPS OF TOMATOS

Man, I have NO idea how I ended up misreading that! Sorry...heh.

I have to really be as frugal as possible these days...having a single income household with a mortgage,child support, etc...
You're doing a great job though, breaking it down like that! Very nice...

Mr. Aestheticz
09-22-08, 4:24 pm
Man, I have NO idea how I ended up misreading that! Sorry...heh.

I have to really be as frugal as possible these days...having a single income household with a mortgage,child support, etc...
You're doing a great job though, breaking it down like that! Very nice...

Had a lot of free time at work lol!

ROC1291
09-22-08, 4:53 pm
You guys need to look for deals. Shop by "UNIT PRICE" not sales and what not. Usually a sale gives the best unit price, but look for the cheapest thing to get possible.

Buy everything in bulk... oh and, no overanalyzing!

I see guys on here with set shopping lists like they know what their going to eat strictly each day on an offseason type diet. shit man, just eat. shoot for a goal in protein each day and achieve it, everything else needn't be counted. purchase by hunger.

prowrestler
12-16-08, 10:30 pm
all i got so far is steak and oreos???

im really bad at makeing a grocery list. i blow 80 bucks, look at my fridge and realise "hey, i cant make a meal with any of this shit!"

like, i just buy a bunch of meat and carbs and peanut butter normally but thats far from a good list.

can anyone help me out. i drasticly lack kitchen skills lol and dont no whats good to buy with what and so on.

im lookin at a least thats somewhat clean but i dont care if its not. just high protien but mainly, the ability to make actual meals out of it lol

mikejones1
12-16-08, 10:45 pm

Pizzalamp
12-16-08, 10:50 pm
all i got so far is steak and oreos???

im really bad at makeing a grocery list. i blow 80 bucks, look at my fridge and realise "hey, i cant make a meal with any of this shit!"

like, i just buy a bunch of meat and carbs and peanut butter normally but thats far from a good list.

can anyone help me out. i drasticly lack kitchen skills lol and dont no whats good to buy with what and so on.

im lookin at a least thats somewhat clean but i dont care if its not. just high protien but mainly, the ability to make actual meals out of it lol

bag of rice
peanut butter
green beans
eggs
ground beef
chicken breasts
oatmeal
tuna cans
nuts
fruit
rye bread

prowrestler
12-16-08, 11:08 pm

nice find, thanks bud

prowrestler
12-16-08, 11:08 pm
bag of rice
peanut butter
green beans
eggs
ground beef
chicken breasts
oatmeal
tuna cans
nuts
fruit
rye bread

solid
i think i oughtta hit up my blueberry oats again.

BigBlueBear
12-16-08, 11:14 pm
Good list so far... but how about taters?! Sweet and regular, though sweet will do you much better. There's always the on going debate about milk, I personally like it in the Skim version.

Mizzarler
12-16-08, 11:17 pm
heres mine

multi grain bread
milk
cottage cheese
sweet potatoes
eye round steak
chicken
natty pb
eggs
oats
grits
bannanas

mikejones1
12-16-08, 11:32 pm
thought this was interesting
http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstfood.html

and also

http://oilsofaloha.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9
http://www.foodforlife.com/

GettinBigInFl
12-16-08, 11:32 pm
Bag of Rice
Chicken Breast
Tuna
Lean Steak
Sweet Potatoes
Some Green Salad mix
Oats plain add to real gains
pancake batter (make protein pancakes)
eggs 5 dozen seperate my own whites

keep it simple

deanna7272
12-16-08, 11:58 pm
Week in and week out, same for me...

Chicken Breast
Lean Beef
Eggs (I do the 2.5 dozen for the week)
Brussel (muscle) Sprouts / Asparagus / Green Beans BASICALLY any kind of GREENS
Oats
Natty PB

prowrestler
12-17-08, 12:02 am
Week in and week out, same for me...

Chicken Breast
Lean Beef
Eggs (I do the 2.5 dozen for the week)
Brussel (muscle) Sprouts / Asparagus / Green Beans BASICALLY any kind of GREENS
Oats
Natty PB

lol, 'muscle sprouts"

prowrestler
12-17-08, 12:05 am
thank you everyone

looks like i got a couple of 'motherly" people out here to lend a hand lol

prowrestler
12-17-08, 12:05 am
Good list so far... but how about taters?! Sweet and regular, though sweet will do you much better. There's always the on going debate about milk, I personally like it in the Skim version.

tater tots?

genius man. my favorite one so far! i love u lol

deanna7272
12-17-08, 12:21 am
Lovin the tater tots AND oreos.... You're lookin' at a dirty dirty, huh??? LMAO

You gotta love the MUSCLE SPROUTS....

prowrestler
12-17-08, 12:34 am
Lovin the tater tots AND oreos.... You're lookin' at a dirty dirty, huh??? LMAO

You gotta love the MUSCLE SPROUTS....

thats dirty? huh, i thought that was basic clean eating?

mmm sprouts and oreos and cheese cake and milkshakes and cake and pie and cookies and steak and pork chops and bacon and fried chicken and mcdonalds and wendys and tater tots and french fries and muffins and cup cakes and hash browns and ice cream and....yellow beans to stay lean.....

thats pretty clean right?

Primal Lion
12-17-08, 12:48 am
chicken breast
fish
beef
green beans
pea's
celery
skim milk
yogurt
cheese
cottage cheese
water
apples
oranges
banana's
Whey protein isolate
fish oil
animal pak

thinking about adding a few replacement shakes or a wait gain powder

also thinking about buying animal pump and flex and omega.

TheBassGuy
12-17-08, 12:48 am
thought this was interesting
http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstfood.html

and also

http://oilsofaloha.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9
http://www.foodforlife.com/

Definitely took down those cheese fries and a 12oz steak last time I was at Outback.

prowrestler
12-17-08, 12:52 am
chicken breast
fish
beef
green beans
pea's
celery
skim milk
yogurt
cheese
cottage cheese
water
apples
oranges
banana's
Whey protein isolate
fish oil
animal pak

thinking about adding a few replacement shakes or a wait gain powder

also thinking about buying animal pump and flex and omega.

i got a good gainer, i manage a sup shop lol

nah man, i aint a fan of many sups that aint protien. i use to be all over that stuff but now i O.D. on the basics. gainer,whey, casein. some health shit like liver care and amla

i did pick up some items from your list. thanks

prowrestler
12-17-08, 12:52 am
Definitely took down those cheese fries and a 12oz steak last time I was at Outback.

x2, im hitting them both up in the same meal now!

deanna7272
12-17-08, 12:55 am
thats dirty? huh, i thought that was basic clean eating?

mmm sprouts and oreos and cheese cake and milkshakes and cake and pie and cookies and steak and pork chops and bacon and fried chicken and mcdonalds and wendys and tater tots and french fries and muffins and cup cakes and hash browns and ice cream and....yellow beans to stay lean.....

thats pretty clean right?

Yea, don't forget the yellow beans, that's the "secret weapon"....

prowrestler
12-17-08, 1:08 am
Yea, don't forget the yellow beans, that's the "secret weapon"....

damn right, and so flavourless

V Man
12-17-08, 7:20 am
White bread

I get through a lot of white bread. I like toasted sandwiches - with ham, or turkey or chicken.

Or toasted white bread rolls, with cheese or soup.

Whats the deal with white bread? Its filling and a great source or energy and carbs.

Lifters associate white bread with swallowing cyanide capsules or something.

simpleguy
12-17-08, 12:02 pm
Whats the deal with white bread? Its a great source of carbs.

what's a 'bad source' of carbs in your book ?

Enforcer
12-17-08, 12:08 pm
Chicken
Eggs
Rice
Milk
Water
Tuna
Steak
Oatmeal
Green Beans

Firefist
12-17-08, 12:28 pm
chicken.
flank steak.
brocolli
A SHITLOAD OF WHITE RICE. i know im asian but, damn!
potatoes.
We make our own wheat bread, so whatever goes into that, oats, flax, sunflower, etc.
EGGS, EGGS, EGGS.
onions for some flavor.
peanuts, almonds.
peanut butter
salmon or tuna. (sushi style only for me)
did i mention a SHITLOAD OF WHITE RICE? i swear to God, we have 4 or 5 75 pound bags of them in the laundry room.

Aggression
12-17-08, 12:32 pm
Eggs
Chicken
Turkey
Tuna
Red Meat
Sweet Potatoes
Nuts
EVOO
Rice
Water
Oatmeal
Green Veggies

TheBassGuy
12-17-08, 2:10 pm
x2, im hitting them both up in the same meal now!

The secret to that meal is to use the ranch sauce they give you...

Cellerator65
12-17-08, 3:53 pm
ground beef w/ taco seasoning
steak
eggs
wheat bread/begal
cheese
milk
rice
natty pb

prowrestler
12-17-08, 4:19 pm
The secret to that meal is to use the ranch sauce they give you...

fuck it, ill use mayo lol

JUGGERNAUT
12-17-08, 4:24 pm
I walk into SAMS CLUB pushing a cart with no list at all and go nuts in the food aisles. The beauty of bulking.

prowrestler
12-17-08, 4:33 pm
I walk into SAMS CLUB pushing a cart with no list at all and go nuts in the food aisles. The beauty of bulking.

thats how i do it, yet i come home with such a bad list lol

"k,....chicken breast with oreo ice cream and a can of tomato sauce..."

i cant make meals, just food items lol

V Man
12-18-08, 7:30 am
what's a 'bad source' of carbs in your book ?

Theres no bad source of carbs

People just seem to be anti white bread in the lifting world. As if you eat 1 slice and you instantly become irreversably fat

simpleguy
12-18-08, 8:21 am
Theres no bad source of carbs

People just seem to be anti white bread in the lifting world. As if you eat 1 slice and you instantly become irreversably fat

it's not like that bro... even if you ate only junk-food for a week you don't get so fat... but isn't the idea to keep clean foods in our diets so as not to get fat in the long term?

to each his own... actually I think white bread can be good if you're a hardgainer... some people who have a hard time gaining weight would benefit of some mass sandwiches for some extra cals

Nuno
04-26-09, 1:31 pm
I have read thru this site quite extensively.

I hear good diet, good diet, good diet...

What does everyone think a good diet is in regard of what we do? That is Mass/bodybuilding.

Question comes from i work in a hospital and its not the best supply of good food.

If you were to make a grocery list... what would you include?

Any help or thoughts would be great.

Cheers.

mfl5027
04-26-09, 2:46 pm
When people ask me about diet and want a simple answer I almost alway tell them to check out the food pyramid. And if the person works out, I usually recommend doubling the proteins and (if cutting) reducing grains by half.
http://mypyramid.gov/

Nuno
04-26-09, 2:56 pm
Cheers for the link.

What does your grocery list look like including shakes ect?

Giant Killer
04-26-09, 3:02 pm
The Usual Suspects:

90% lean ground beef
steaks (cut depends on cash flow)
boneless skinless chicken breast
tilapia filets
tuna cans
all beef Brats
3 dozen eggs
4 cheese blend shredded cheese
container of pico de gallo
big bag of red potatos
2 lbs sweet potatos
boxes of flavored rice pilaf or brown rice with fat free mushroom soup
2 loaves Whole Grain bread (usually Orowheat or whatever)
Whole Wheat hamburger/brat buns
old fashioned oats
Kashi GoLean
1 gal. Whole Milk
2 containers 2% cottage cheese
1 package of string cheese
2 containers plain yogurt
1 container blueberries
green beans
corn on the cob
carrots
romaine lettuce leaves
2 jars Natural Peanut Butter
almonds
granola bars
tub of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter
1 jar Nutella
1 package Wasa light Rye crispbread
KC Masterpiece bbq sauce
Tartar sauce or Miracle Whip/Pickles
Splenda packets
Coffee

(I'm allergic to fruit to explain the lack of fruits other than blueberries in moderation)

LittleMan55
04-26-09, 3:56 pm
G.K. Laid out a damn good list! Read up people.

Very similar to mine when I'm getting my grow on. I eat more fruit though as I'm not allergic.

Big C
04-26-09, 4:03 pm
I think Burt (B-Con) had an awesome list I read sometime back too. Good stuff.

Nuno
04-26-09, 4:18 pm
Good list Giant Killer.

Cheers for that... that brings it into perspective.

Giant Killer
04-26-09, 4:40 pm
G.K. Laid out a damn good list! Read up people.

Very similar to mine when I'm getting my grow on. I eat more fruit though as I'm not allergic.

Jealous...I'd give anything for a slice of watermelon.

Good list Giant Killer.

Cheers for that... that brings it into perspective.

No problem man, sometimes there's other stuff I get, but those are usually stocked at the house.

BCSteel
04-26-09, 8:24 pm
My list is pretty similar to GK's list. I cant stand oats so I have granola instead and mixed nuts instead of almonds but the basics are pretty much the same. Living only a few minutes away from a very productive salmon river I tend to cycle in a lot more fish in my diet too.

Sucks that you cant enjoy heaps of fruit though.

adidas
04-27-09, 8:31 am
I shop 2 weeks at a time; and a family of 5 so this isn’t ALL for me, but I dictate a lot of what goes into the shopping cart, especially the meats…I am also leaving out the kiddy stuff and my wife’s stuff.

4-5lbs flank steak
4lbs 80/20 ground beef
2lbs ground pork
2 large packages of pork loins, mixed bone-in
6lbs top round steak
2 large packages Bone in/skin on Chicken thighs
2lbs calf liver
6 avocados
Pico de gala
Garlic cloves, fesh
1lb almonds
2 Lindts 86% cacao bars
6 dozen eggs, large (only 1 weeks’ worth)
Squash, yellow x4
Zucchini x4
Frozen broccoli family sized bag
Large tub sour cream
Butter (real, no salt added)
2 lbs of cheese, cheddar
2 packages of pepper jack cheese
Jalapenos x2-3
Habaneras x2-3
Small low-carb/high-fiber tortillas (10carbs; 7fiber wraps: 3 net carbs!)

mritter3
04-27-09, 8:37 am
8lbs of lean gr. beef,
1 box of min. rice
5 chick. breast
1.5lbs beef flank steak
6 dozen eggs
3 gallon skim milk
5 apples
bananas
blueberries
peanut butter
oats
4 bags of broc. florets
choc. silk milk
6 cans tuna
2 bags of lettuce
2 loafs of 12grain who.wheat bread
4 pork chops
green/red peppers
sweet potatoes
white potatoes
couscous
extra virgin olive oil
string cheese

all of the necessities

adidas
04-27-09, 8:37 am
damn it I left out the

ground breakfast sausage
Bacon
Jimmy dean link sausage
(all if I can find it will be nitrate free)

tough_remedy
06-28-09, 5:40 pm
How bout it fellas?

T o m m Y
06-28-09, 8:53 pm
Top Round Steak
Ground Beef
Chicken
Turkey
Tuna
Brown Rice
Oats
Whole Wheat Pasta
Yams
Kidney Beans
Veggies
Bananas
Peaches
Blueberries
Apples

Psycho77
06-28-09, 10:05 pm
Beef (steak, strips, ground, cubes)
pork chops
oreos
pop tarts
fresh low fat milk
apples
oranges
grapes
bananas
strawberries
mangoes
pineapples
fish fillet
prawns
chicken (breast, drumsticks, wings)
a lot potatoes
mixed greens (for salads)
pan cake mixes
ice cream and some cones and cherries
juice mixes (orange, grape, pineapple)
iced tea mixes
rice
a variety of bread
peanut butter
assorted nuts

mritter3
06-28-09, 10:06 pm
95% gr. beef
beef flank steak
tilipia
salmon
12 chick. breasts
48 egglands best eggs
4 loafs of wh. wheat bread
peanut butter
yogurt
milk
coffee creamer
coffee
kashi cereal
apples
blueberries
cantaloupe
watermelon
brocolli
peppers
sun chips
diet pepsi
gatorade
oats
bananas
grapes
OJ
liquid egg whites
silk choc milk
cottage cheese
whole wheat pasta
tuna, white albacore

NJC_Manhattan
06-28-09, 10:07 pm
Steaks
Salmon
Brown Rice
Ezekiel bread
Hummus
natty pb
eggs
egg whites
Almonds
Water
Beer

IronWilson
06-28-09, 10:08 pm
whatever meat is on sale
Omega 3 eggs
liquid egg whites
Natural PB

npeezy
06-29-09, 1:06 am
93% ground beef
tuna
whole grain bread
natural pb
provalone cheese
ketchup
eggs
sausage links
white rice
mixed lettuce
broccoli
frozen peas
diet pepsi
diet mountain dew

Shamus11B
06-29-09, 1:09 am
Rice
Chicken Breast
Tilapia
Tuna
Oats
Egg Whites
Natural PB
Almonds

Nothing else really matters since thats all I get to eat for atleast the next 2 months

Z.One-and-only
06-29-09, 5:59 pm
diet soda
crystal light
splenda w/ soluble corn fiber (no dextrose maltodex filler)
green veggies
99 percent lean ground turkey
eyeround steak
bneless sknless chicken breast
tilapia
halibut
whole oats
liquid eggwhites (non pasturized)
omega 3 enriched eggs (egglands best)
oat bran
cream of wheat.
olive oil
whole natural almonds
walnuts
sunflower oil
coconut oil
pam olive oil cooking spray
distilled water
spring water
smart balance light butter substitute with olive oil.
garlic powder
onion powder
mrs dash salt free seasoning
sugarfree jello
hot sauce
liquid smoke
deli mustard
worshteshire(sp) sauce
balsamic vinegar
apple cider vinegar
sweet potatoes
onions (all kinds)
honey

BigDubbDiesel
06-29-09, 7:42 pm
lettuce heads
yams
10lb bag boneless skinless chicken breasts
5lb bag EAS whey protein
5lb box tilapia
multi grain hot cereal
bananas
brown rice
5 dozen eggs
low sodium turkey breast
double protein bread
blueberries
nat pb
almonds
grapes
(decided to mix it up and bought shit for homemade chili)
whole wheat pasta