PDA

View Full Version : 1st Animal Training Log

Pages : [1] 2

French57
04-21-08, 9:31 am
I came here a few days ago introduced myself to no response. I was pretty disappointed because I had hoped to get some support from anyone out here. I read and read for the last 4-5 days and finally had enough. So I said fuck it Im not here to ask for anyone's respect. If I want respect that I damn well better EARN it. I went through everything I had in my house and anything that wasnt healthy or going to help me improve my diet went in the garbage. So here I am raw, hungry, and 100% committed to unleashing my inner Animal.

So for the next 105 days I will be cutting. 8 meals a day, 1hr 30 minutes of balls out lifting and 30-40 minutes of cardio increasing 10 minutes each week. No supplements for the first 14 days then animal pak, nitro, and cuts.

6'1 235lbs
27 yrs old

Current lift max:
bench- 265lbs
squat- 365lbs
deadlift- 405lbs
clean- 185lbs

Goals:
205-210lbs
10-12% body fat
bench- 365lbs
squat- 495lbs
deadlift- 565lbs
clean- 245lbs

I have upped the goals and ready to break through any pain threshold I once had.

Meal 1 (0730hrs):
1 cup oatmeal
3 egg whites,
yogurt

Meal 2 (0930hrs):
Apple
Banana
Carrots
Tbsp peanut butter

Meal 3 (1130hrs):
Salad w/ chicken
yogurt

Meal 4 (1300hrs):
Turkey sandwich

Meal 5 (1500hrs):
chicken or tuna
rice
veggies

Meal 6 (1700hrs):
Turkey sandwich
yogurt

Meal 7 (1800hrs) pre-workout:
Banana
Yogurt
Peanut butter

Gym (1900-2100hrs):

Meal 8 (2130hrs): 1 hour before bed
3 hard boiled egg whites
Protein shake
Tbsp peanut butter

1-1.5 gals of water per day

Tonights Workout:

Cleans: 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, 175x5
Squats: 225x8, 245x8, 265x8, 285x8
Deadlift: 275x5, 295x5, 315x5, 350x5
Bench: 185x6, 205x6, 225x6, 245x6
Cardio: 20-30 minutes

I will be back to let you all know how it goes. I will be back daily listing my workouts and keeping my 105 day journey updated.

ghost
04-21-08, 11:24 am
definitely looking forward to seeing what you can do brother.

sorry that no one said hi to you when you introduced yourself.

meal plan looks solid. start kicking some ass.

French57
04-21-08, 12:47 pm
No hard feelings that nobody stopped by. It was more of a personal issue of wanting a pat on the back. After reading as much as I could the last couple of days I realized my journey to unleashing my inner animal is about me and how far I can push myself.

Thank you for stopping by and I will make sure to update my journey daily so others can share any advice with me and also so maybe my journey can be an inspiration to others as this site has been incredibly inspirational to me.

Keep pushing that iron

ghost
04-21-08, 1:32 pm
No hard feelings that nobody stopped by. It was more of a personal issue of wanting a pat on the back. After reading as much as I could the last couple of days I realized my journey to unleashing my inner animal is about me and how far I can push myself.

Thank you for stopping by and I will make sure to update my journey daily so others can share any advice with me and also so maybe my journey can be an inspiration to others as this site has been incredibly inspirational to me.

Keep pushing that iron

I will be the first to warn ya... I am not here to pat anyone on the back.. you want a quick kick in the ass... im here for that. :)

Strength and Honor.

French57
04-21-08, 1:59 pm
I'll take that kick in the ass anytime. Cause when I hit the gym tonight it will be a whole new experience. No more dragging ass lifting cant wait to go home and eat type shit. I am going to attack these weights like they stole something.

I am just proud to be apart of such a special brotherhood.

I look forward to learning and absorbing all I can.

ghost
04-21-08, 2:10 pm
I'll take that kick in the ass anytime. Cause when I hit the gym tonight it will be a whole new experience. No more dragging ass lifting cant wait to go home and eat type shit. I am going to attack these weights like they stole something.

I am just proud to be apart of such a special brotherhood.

I look forward to learning and absorbing all I can.

we are all here to help eachother out.. and we are all behind you. if you are ever in the michigan area, you are more than welcome to come and train with our group.

definitely check out "The Board" to see if there are any other animals in your area to start training with, if not, think about setting up the Maryland ABC and get other animals together with you for training sessions. Let me know if you need anything brother.

Hoomgar
04-21-08, 4:49 pm
You can do this bro, and when you feel like or think that you can't, we'll be here to give you da boot and put you back to runnin order!

Posts get lost on this board sometimes. Don't take it personal. There is a lot of really cool people with loads of helpful information on this board. You're at the right place, now, let's see ya do this!

Support...

Hg

Vaze_06
04-21-08, 5:22 pm
You can do this bro, and when you feel like or think that you can't, we'll be here to give you da boot and put you back to runnin order!

Posts get lost on this board sometimes. Don't take it personal. There is a lot of really cool people with loads of helpful information on this board. You're at the right place, now, let's see ya do this!

Support...

Hg

X2

=)

live2lift
04-21-08, 6:54 pm
[QUOTE=French57;365886] So I said fuck it Im not here to ask for anyone's respect. If I want respect that I damn well better EARN it. QUOTE]

Bro this part of your post is what struck me. Like others have said, sometimes posts get lost on this board...12000 members and growing and that will happen. But what I wanted to comment on about this is your mentality. According to what you said here you sound mentally prepared for this shit and that is rule number in this game. Before you even lift a weight you need to be mentally right and you sound like you are. We are all here to support you in this. Enjoy the ride.

Peace.

French57
04-22-08, 12:00 am
Well today wasnt nearly as hard as I had anticipated. My diet was 100% clean.

Workout:

Bench: 185x6 205x6 225x6 245x6
really was burning on the last set.

Clean: 135x5 155x4 (175x6)
Not sure why but I was fighting so hard but couldnt finish second set. Didnt get to third set

Squat: 225x8 245x8 265x8 285x8 305x8
This was only supposed to be four sets but since I didnt finish my cleans I took it out on my legs

Deadlift: 225x3 (225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 350x5)
my body was done. Inside I was yelling screaming trying to get my body to cooperate but I felt paralyzed. I fought but had nothing left in the tank.

I really think my lack of performance was due to my eating. Can anyone help? I really just felt like everything had been taken away no energy, no nothing.

I left it all at the gym. I gave it my all today so I cannot be disappointed but, it does piss me off and gives me even more drive to smash my lifts tomorrow.

Right now I am eating: 6oz yogurt, banana, 25 almonds, 15 baby carrots, and three boiled eggs.

I dont have any supps right now money is a little tight. any suggestions of what I could add to my diet tomorrow to help with energy.

Thanks for all the support and advice family, I really appreciate each of you animals all over the world.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-22-08, 12:09 am
Well today wasnt nearly as hard as I had anticipated. My diet was 100% clean.

Workout:

Bench: 185x6 205x6 225x6 245x6
really was burning on the last set.

Clean: 135x5 155x4 (175x6)
Not sure why but I was fighting so hard but couldnt finish second set. Didnt get to third set

Squat: 225x8 245x8 265x8 285x8 305x8
This was only supposed to be four sets but since I didnt finish my cleans I took it out on my legs

Deadlift: 225x3 (225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 350x5)
my body was done. Inside I was yelling screaming trying to get my body to cooperate but I felt paralyzed. I fought but had nothing left in the tank.

I really think my lack of performance was due to my eating. Can anyone help? I really just felt like everything had been taken away no energy, no nothing.

I left it all at the gym. I gave it my all today so I cannot be disappointed but, it does piss me off and gives me even more drive to smash my lifts tomorrow.

Right now I am eating: 6oz yogurt, banana, 25 almonds, 15 baby carrots, and three boiled eggs.

I dont have any supps right now money is a little tight. any suggestions of what I could add to my diet tomorrow to help with energy.

Thanks for all the support and advice family, I really appreciate each of you animals all over the world.

nice wo man...

i noticed when i started cutting a week ago i had real enery problems, but its getting better, my body just had to get used to the new diet.. im sure your energy will come back..
pump and shock are great products for pre wo, a bit pricey if money is tight, like mine is sometimes, but if you can invest they are great.. and diet energy drinks 0 carbs 0 sugar are a quick enregy pick up.. ive been using them for a few days.. but thats me... hopefully someone can help you out a bit more, cutting aint easy..

French57
04-22-08, 12:15 am
appreciate it. I think I might give a sugar free redbull a go tomorrow. in a couples weeks I will have the extra money to get my supps (pak, nitro, cuts, bcaa).

not really sure how many calories I had today but might have to increase. just nervous, this is my first cut and I dont want to eat to much or the wrong foods. I really want this 15 wk cut section to knock off this extra 30lbs.

Thanks for the help

SQUAT or DIE!
04-22-08, 12:21 am
appreciate it. I think I might give a sugar free redbull a go tomorrow. in a couples weeks I will have the extra money to get my supps (pak, nitro, cuts, bcaa).

not really sure how many calories I had today but might have to increase. just nervous, this is my first cut and I dont want to eat to much or the wrong foods. I really want this 15 wk cut section to knock off this extra 30lbs.

Thanks for the help

this is my first cut, and im doing keto *you can read about it in OX's stable if you want to know more*, so i dream about eating the things on your cut... But there are thousands of people here to help woith your diet, i had about half dozen help me on mine, so im sure youll get people dropping in and giving there 2 cents.. and its all useful.

nothing wrong with redbull i really like em, but i was reading the sugar free rockstar and it has alot of vitamins in it.. check my thread a few pages back for the info on it if you like..

experimenting is the best way to find what works for you, we have all had to do it, and you may have to add some cals to see.. jsut keep us updated on what you been eating and how its goin for ya, we are all here for support.. or a kick in the ass depending on what you need...

French57
04-22-08, 12:49 am
I remember reading something about the keto over the weekend. I am not ready for that this time around. I have always lifted weights for football but, this is my first time actually training as a bber. I have no intentions of competing or anything but, want to sculpt my canvas God gave me. It is truly an art form and I have so much respect for bbers all over the world.

I look forward to day 105, the final day of my cut phase, because I can look at myself in the mirror and be proud to know that I did it. Then I will get on here and let everyone know that although this is an "individual" victory non of this would have been possible without each of the people on this board.

This is only the first day but I can tell you this, I am so damn proud of myself for stepping up and making a healthy change in my life that will not only make me healthier, feel and look better, but give me the confidence, courage, and determination to continue.

Sorry for talking ya ear off, just so damn excited and honestly scared. not scared of injury or anything like that but, scared of unleashing my potential.

Thanks again Squat and I am going to try that rockstar tomorrow.

Keep pounding those weights and best of luck to you with that keto. do you have a log on here that I can keep up with? I would really like to support you on your journey.

French57
04-22-08, 1:21 am
This cut phase started 21 April 2008 and will end 30 June 2008, 11 wks. Not 15 wks but after 11 I just might continue the extra 4wks.

Also my weight tonight was 236lbs.

Thanks again to everyone for all your support and assistance. It means a lot coming from folks all around the world. I hope to attend my first ABC session soon and hope to meet some of you there.

Until tomorrow, be safe and remember nothing in impossible.

Peace & Blessings

SQUAT or DIE!
04-22-08, 1:52 am
I remember reading something about the keto over the weekend. I am not ready for that this time around. I have always lifted weights for football but, this is my first time actually training as a bber. I have no intentions of competing or anything but, want to sculpt my canvas God gave me. It is truly an art form and I have so much respect for bbers all over the world.

I look forward to day 105, the final day of my cut phase, because I can look at myself in the mirror and be proud to know that I did it. Then I will get on here and let everyone know that although this is an "individual" victory non of this would have been possible without each of the people on this board.

This is only the first day but I can tell you this, I am so damn proud of myself for stepping up and making a healthy change in my life that will not only make me healthier, feel and look better, but give me the confidence, courage, and determination to continue.

Sorry for talking ya ear off, just so damn excited and honestly scared. not scared of injury or anything like that but, scared of unleashing my potential.

Thanks again Squat and I am going to try that rockstar tomorrow.

Keep pounding those weights and best of luck to you with that keto. do you have a log on here that I can keep up with? I would really like to support you on your journey.

dont worry we all have fears, im worried i wont cut the weight i want to, or when i bulk back up ill just get fat again.. you just have to do the best you can to overcome them, to me fears are just something that get in the way.. im scared to to my 1RM cause if i fail ima have alot of weight falling on me..

no problem, let me know how the rockstar works for ya.. my log is called "i begin my journey anew" ..

French57
04-22-08, 2:02 am
My strength and conditioning coach in college always said, "Pain is fear leaving the body."

Just gotta workout the kinks on my new journey. It will take time but, thanks to all of you I know I wont quit.

I will be sure to check your journey out.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-22-08, 2:05 am
My strength and conditioning coach in college always said, "Pain is fear leaving the body."

Just gotta workout the kinks on my new journey. It will take time but, thanks to all of you I know I wont quit.

I will be sure to check your journey out.

thanks man..

your coach is right.. to agree, some pain like the pain i used to have was just well alot of pain, no fear leaving..

youll get it ironed out in no time, itll come together and youll see results soon enough..

Hoomgar
04-22-08, 9:35 am
We get our energy from carbs buddy. Cutting or not. I would go a small serving of some whole cooked oats before your workout. Don't over do it so as to not blow your cut but there is no way in hell a little clean carbs like oats will hurt a cut. In fact, quite the opposite has been my experience. I've added them back into my regular diet and my energy is back up and I am burning even more fat now. I simply make sure my protein intake is higher than my carbs and I get my daily EFA's and also watch the bad fats. No bad carbs and limited carb intake. No bad fats and proper healthy fats intake. Protein higher than anything else. But you gotta have some carbs in order for your body's metabolism to work correctly. It's the way we are made to function. Go with the flow for best results man. Add some clean carbs in pre-workout and I believe you will solve your problem.

French57
04-22-08, 10:56 am
Thanks for that info. I will be trying some different ideas over the next week to see what works.

French57
04-22-08, 11:01 am
Ok so I woke up for school late today so my diet suffered.

Meal 1:
turkey sandwich
baby carrots
yogurt

Didnt have time to pack food which sucks. I got so damn hungry I decided to skip my next two classes so I could come home and eat.

Meal 2:
4 egg whites 2 whole eggs scrambled
2 cups of chicken
handlefull of almonds
yogurt.

Not sure if I am full or not but it should hold me over till 1300hrs when I grab a turkey sandwich, banana, tbsp natty pb.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-22-08, 1:19 pm

Meal 1:
turkey sandwich
baby carrots
yogurt

Didnt have time to pack food which sucks. I got so damn hungry I decided to skip my next two classes so I could come home and eat.

Meal 2:
2 cups of chicken
handlefull of almonds
yogurt.

Not sure if I am full or not but it should hold me over till 1300hrs when I grab a turkey sandwich, banana, tbsp natty pb.

been there many times, and its a bitch, but as long as your grades dont suffer from skippin..

French57
04-22-08, 5:10 pm
I have only been on this cut for a day and I swear my stomach was eating itself the closer I got to three hours with no food.

This is my last semester and im done. I've already put myself in a tight position so hopefully these last three weeks I can get all my make up stuff done.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-22-08, 6:59 pm
I have only been on this cut for a day and I swear my stomach was eating itself the closer I got to three hours with no food.

This is my last semester and im done. I've already put myself in a tight position so hopefully these last three weeks I can get all my make up stuff done.

dude i had that problem for about 4 days.. it gets better i promise

French57
04-22-08, 7:50 pm
Meal 3:

Turkey Sandwich
Banana
Natty PB

Then I slept from 1330-1630 I was extremely exhausted as I couldnt sleep much last night.

Meal 4:

A few handfuls of almonds
Yogurt

Meal 5:

2 Turkey Sandwiches
Banana
Natty PB
Yogurt
Small salad

Gotta get some work done before I go destroy the gym. Be back later to post my workout.

ghost
04-22-08, 8:01 pm

Meal 1:
turkey sandwich
baby carrots
yogurt

Meal 2:
2 cups of chicken
handlefull of almonds
yogurt.

if you have the time, always pack food for the following day either on the night before, or allllll of it on sunday.

definitely makes it easier for you.

French57
04-23-08, 12:16 am
Squat- Rockstar is definitely my new preworkout drink. half before and half during the workout. Thanks for the info.

Back:
kneeled cable crucifix: 110x10, 120x8, 130x6, 140x4, 150x4
reverse grip rows: 5x10: 110, 120, 130, 140, 150
Straight leg deadlift: 3x10: 135, 155, 175

Chest:
3 way cable fly (1 set each low, med, high): 4x8: 100, 80, 60
DB fly: 4x8: 35, 45, 55, 65
Negative Bench: 3x6: 225, 225, 275

Holy shit, thats all I can say. I was hitting PRs by my 3rd set for most of these exercises. I am really tired but, I feel like I could hit it hard again.

Meal 6 (right now)
2 hard boiled egg whites
a few handfuls of almonds
yogurt

I think I am going to cut my meals to 6 but if I can get in 8 than I will do that. This is only my second day do you guys think its too early to make changes? If I take a nap in the afternoon after class I miss a meal and I really need that sleep.

I appreciate you guys, my long lost family, so much because since I have been reading posts and talking to all of you I have realized that this is something I can and WILL do. I really believe I have just tapped into a part of me that has been missing. This is the first major personal challenge I am doing only for myself not a sports team or something like that. So for me to know in my heart that I WILL complete this will really help me in all aspects of my life.

Sorry for turning this log into a mini blog but, I feel like I can share not just my diet and workouts with you but, also what is mentally going on while doing this. I cant wait to be able to go to my first ABC event hopefully later this summer. I am so proud to be apart of this you all just dont know.

Until tomorrow I will leave you with this little story from tonight at the gym.

After I had completed my workout one of the trainers at my gym was talking to me. He was like damn French you were really putting in work. I said its balls to the wall only way I know how. He asked me if I was training to be a bodybuilder, I very quickly responded I AM A BODYBUILDER. He went on to say that I didnt look like a bber and that he would be more than happy to train me.

Attempting to be polite I said, its nice of you to offer your services but, from your last response you do not have the slightest clue about bbing. I said the lifting is only 1/3 of what it takes to bb. I said first you have to be so mentally focused that nothing and I mean nothing stands inbetween you and your weights. Secondly, you have to stick to a strict eating regiment. That means no mistakes, no cheating, just pure commitment. I said the last thing is the actually lifting. This isnt about going to the gym and lifting some weights and going home. You want to push yourself to limits you never imagined. Proper form and technique is critical. This isnt a hobby or for fun, BBing is a way of life.

And with that I walked away and went home. Hey folks if I was wrong let me know but, to be honest I was a bit offended not just personally but, for all of you and all the bbers around the world. I might be new to this site and the lifestyle but, dammit I take pride in what I do. So when I decided to make this commitment to changing my lifestyle, it became more than a lifestyle it became ME!!!

Goodnight

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 1:02 am
Squat- Rockstar is definitely my new preworkout drink. half before and half during the workout. Thanks for the info.

Back:

Chest:

Holy shit, thats all I can say. I was hitting PRs by my 3rd set for most of these exercises. I am really tired but, I feel like I could hit it hard again.

Meal 6 (right now)
2 hard boiled egg whites
yogurt

I think I am going to cut my meals to 6 but if I can get in 8 than I will do that. This is only my second day do you guys think its too early to make changes? If I take a nap in the afternoon after class I miss a meal and I really need that sleep.

I appreciate you guys, my long lost family, so much because since I have been reading posts and talking to all of you I have realized that this is something I can and WILL do. I really believe I have just tapped into a part of me that has been missing. This is the first major personal challenge I am doing only for myself not a sports team or something like that. So for me to know in my heart that I WILL complete this will really help me in all aspects of my life.

Sorry for turning this log into a mini blog but, I feel like I can share not just my diet and workouts with you but, also what is mentally going on while doing this. I cant wait to be able to go to my first ABC event hopefully later this summer. I am so proud to be apart of this you all just dont know.

After I had completed my workout one of the trainers at my gym was talking to me. He was like damn French you were really putting in work. I said its balls to the wall only way I know how. He asked me if I was training to be a bodybuilder, I very quickly responded I AM A BODYBUILDER. He went on to say that I didnt look like a bber and that he would be more than happy to train me.

Attempting to be polite I said, its nice of you to offer your services but, from your last response you do not have the slightest clue about bbing. I said the lifting is only 1/3 of what it takes to bb. I said first you have to be so mentally focused that nothing and I mean nothing stands inbetween you and your weights. Secondly, you have to stick to a strict eating regiment. That means no mistakes, no cheating, just pure commitment. I said the last thing is the actually lifting. This isnt about going to the gym and lifting some weights and going home. You want to push yourself to limits you never imagined. Proper form and technique is critical. This isnt a hobby or for fun, BBing is a way of life.

And with that I walked away and went home. Hey folks if I was wrong let me know but, to be honest I was a bit offended not just personally but, for all of you and all the bbers around the world. I might be new to this site and the lifestyle but, dammit I take pride in what I do. So when I decided to make this commitment to changing my lifestyle, it became more than a lifestyle it became ME!!!

Goodnight

your welcome!!

i dont think its ever to early to make changes... but thats me

French57
04-23-08, 1:16 am
Thanks brother. this diet is new to me so I am trying to make it, I hate saying this but, "easier" for me to make sure I am getting my meals in without taking time away from classes or stuff like that. Graduation is important to me and although being an animal is my lifestyle I gotta make sure to keep up with other things that are just as important going on in my life. if that makes sense.

Thanks again and keep working hard

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 1:22 am
Thanks brother. this diet is new to me so I am trying to make it, I hate saying this but, "easier" for me to make sure I am getting my meals in without taking time away from classes or stuff like that. Graduation is important to me and although being an animal is my lifestyle I gotta make sure to keep up with other things that are just as important going on in my life. if that makes sense.

Thanks again and keep working hard

im just trying to juggle school and the gym and eating... thats all and i have trouble some weeks... all the older guys around here will tell ya school is more important than the gym..

you keep hittin the books and teh gym and youl be fine..

French57
04-23-08, 1:30 am
oh yeah what are you studying in school? I am getting my degree in criminal justice and plan to apply to the police academy. If I dont get selected for the academy, I will work with inner city youth and helping them lead positive, successful lives.

Thats why I am here, to learn as much as I can from everyone, especially the seasoned veterans.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 1:32 am
oh yeah what are you studying in school? I am getting my degree in criminal justice and plan to apply to the police academy. If I dont get selected for the academy, I will work with inner city youth and helping them lead positive, successful lives.

Thats why I am here, to learn as much as I can from everyone, especially the seasoned veterans.

OOO a policeman? i better watch it..

haha im actually transffering schools to study animal science and get my teaching certificate.. so i can either work on a ranch or be an ag teacher...

French57
04-23-08, 1:39 am
lol no worries man. Coming from where I have becoming a cop is like turning against everyone you grew up with. But, for me after getting out of the army a few years ago I decided to finish school. I love the idea of protecting and serving the community even if they might not always see it as that. It took me a while to accept that I wanted to be a police officer but, now that I have my family and friends here in maryland are very supportive of me and I think if my childhood friends were alive or not in prison they would also be supportive. Cant make everyone in life happy but, I damn sure can make myself happy.

Well shit if you get a job on a ranch let me know cause I would damn sure visit. Hit the gym hard and enjoy the open country of a ranch damn a nice change from city life.

best of luck to you thats for sure I know how challenging school can be.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 1:41 am
lol no worries man. Coming from where I have becoming a cop is like turning against everyone you grew up with. But, for me after getting out of the army a few years ago I decided to finish school. I love the idea of protecting and serving the community even if they might not always see it as that. It took me a while to accept that I wanted to be a police officer but, now that I have my family and friends here in maryland are very supportive of me and I think if my childhood friends were alive or not in prison they would also be supportive. Cant make everyone in life happy but, I damn sure can make myself happy.

Well shit if you get a job on a ranch let me know cause I would damn sure visit. Hit the gym hard and enjoy the open country of a ranch damn a nice change from city life.

best of luck to you thats for sure I know how challenging school can be.

HAHA WILL DO!!!

yeah man its tough, im worn out from it already... and i still got a few more years....

French57
04-23-08, 1:52 am
just stick with it. I originally went to college straight from high school to play football but after two years lost my drive to play football and enlisted in the army. took almost 6 years off from school and went back fall 07. it sucks, especially being anywhere from 5-9yrs older than everyone but, getting my degree will make it soo worth all the work.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 2:02 am
just stick with it. I originally went to college straight from high school to play football but after two years lost my drive to play football and enlisted in the army. took almost 6 years off from school and went back fall 07. it sucks, especially being anywhere from 5-9yrs older than everyone but, getting my degree will make it soo worth all the work.

yeah i stopped playin ball in highschool cause i lost drive too.. but decided last summer i needed to get back into shape.. degrees are such a pain to get, i still got like 3 years for mine...

French57
04-23-08, 2:06 am
nah the degree is really just a piece of paper. How you use that degree to help improve your life is what will make life better. but it is definitely an essential building block.

Its funny how we grow up playing sports and then one day its like wtf why am I doing this lol

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 2:08 am
nah the degree is really just a piece of paper. How you use that degree to help improve your life is what will make life better. but it is definitely an essential building block.

Its funny how we grow up playing sports and then one day its like wtf why am I doing this lol

SOO true about the degree....

haha yeah, i played for as long as i can remember... but at least with lifting i have a passion for it, and i can only win with it... sadly its a lonely sport.. but oh well

French57
04-23-08, 2:18 am
I hear you. even before I decided to make this a lifestyle I loved working out. when at the gym its just me and the weights, not worrying about outside life or things going on in my personal life just me and the iron. Nah not lonely thanks to this website, we all have people here enduring the similar journeys ya know.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 2:25 am
I hear you. even before I decided to make this a lifestyle I loved working out. when at the gym its just me and the weights, not worrying about outside life or things going on in my personal life just me and the iron. Nah not lonely thanks to this website, we all have people here enduring the similar journeys ya know.

true we have each other, but even right now, my friends are out in my kitchen getting drunk, and i sit in my room on here, learning.. But i only have yall and myself to support myself... friends dont give a fuck, as long as i can lift the keg for em, they dont care what i do... so thats what i meant..

French57
04-23-08, 2:33 am
damn sorry to hear that. I can understand. I am thankful for my best friend. He played ball at florida state and is a beast in the gym. So I get a lot of support from him but, other than that my other so called friends have no clue. They are the type that go to the gym just to "stay in shape or look good." not that there is anything wrong with that but, its not my thing ya know.

I saw one of these so called friends on my way into the gym tonight and when I told him about my journey he was like ah yeah ok whatever bruh so this weekend we are going to get some pizza and beer and watch the basketball games so stop by. Im thinking to myself ah did you just hear what I told you, I am eating clean and not drinking. People who dont put themselves through what we do just dont get it. Stay strong man I know its not easy. im here if you need anything, anytime.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 2:37 am
damn sorry to hear that. I can understand. I am thankful for my best friend. He played ball at florida state and is a beast in the gym. So I get a lot of support from him but, other than that my other so called friends have no clue. They are the type that go to the gym just to "stay in shape or look good." not that there is anything wrong with that but, its not my thing ya know.

I saw one of these so called friends on my way into the gym tonight and when I told him about my journey he was like ah yeah ok whatever bruh so this weekend we are going to get some pizza and beer and watch the basketball games so stop by. Im thinking to myself ah did you just hear what I told you, I am eating clean and not drinking. People who dont put themselves through what we do just dont get it. Stay strong man I know its not easy. im here if you need anything, anytime.

thanks bro, im out for the night..

French57
04-23-08, 8:52 am
Again had trouble sleeping last night so only pulled about 4hrs total.

Meal 1 (0800hrs):
Yogurt
tbsp natty pb

Meal 2 (1000hrs):
turkey sandwich
almonds

Meal 3 (1200hrs):
Large romaine lettuce salad with 2cups of chicken
2 boiled eggs
yogurt

Meal 4 (1500hrs):
turkey sandwich
almonds

Meal 5 (1700hrs):
small salad w/1 cup chicken
2 boiled eggs

Meal 6 (between 1930-2030hrs) pre-workout:
1 cup oatmeal (yuck)
2 tbsp natty pb
baby carrots

Meal 7: post-workout:
3-4 hard boiled eggs
yogurt
almonds

Have a great day all. will post workout tonight.

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 9:29 am

Back:

Chest:

Meal 6 (right now)
2 hard boiled egg whites
yogurt

Goodnight

Keep on keepin on brother. I know exactly where you are coming from with so much of that. Believe me.

This is your journey, your quest for improvement, no one makes or breaks you but YOU! I don't think you were out of line at all. I get comments like that from people who I hold in high regard and I know first hand how it feels. You know what though? Screw them! As one of our big guys (Tiny) said to me, you just keep at what your doing. As you continue to grow and improve, they continue to eat chips and watch TV, the chasm between the two of you gets wider and wider until the day comes that you don't need to say a word. Just standing in front of them in conversation is all the reward you will need for your hard earned efforts.

Oh yeah, you can do it. No doubt. From what I am reading in your post above, you are already there! Now you just need to do the work to make your body catch up with you.

~rock on

Hg

Carpe Diem P.T
04-23-08, 9:34 am
glad to see you didnt puss around and sook cos no one said hi. you made a solid first post in your journey and now every one will take notice.

Dont be afraid to use this as your mini blog. This is a mind game and sometimes the peices of the puzzle dont fit until we ask someone else for advice. Sometimes we can stare at the peices so much we miss the simple things that an onlooker would see at first glance.

good to have ya here.

brad

French57
04-23-08, 11:37 am
Hg- I wasnt necessarily offended because I dont physically "look" like a bber but, more because he assumed its all about lifting and not the mental and dietary commitment. I thought it was funny in a way.

Carpe Diem- nope no sulking here. if anything it made me more determined to bust my ass. Yeah for me when I come home and reflect on the day in my log, I figure people can read or not read it which ever they like. I do it more so I can look back and see how I was feeling mentally each day and how my workouts may reflect that mental state. I am more than happy to hear peoples thoughts because as you said others here may be able to notice things and give me pointers that I wouldnt have thought of myself.

Thank you both for coming by. I greatly appreciate your input and look forward to learning from both of you.

French57
04-23-08, 11:40 am
I have a meal planned for 1200hrs which is in about 20 minutes but, I am not hungry. I actually feel quite full from my meal @ 1000hrs. Can I put this meal off till after I get home from class around 1400hrs or is it important that I eat even if im not feeling hungry?

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 11:50 am
I have a meal planned for 1200hrs which is in about 20 minutes but, I am not hungry. I actually feel quite full from my meal @ 1000hrs. Can I put this meal off till after I get home from class around 1400hrs or is it important that I eat even if im not feeling hungry?

Important to eat even if you don't feel hungry - gets my vote. You may want to reduce the portion a bit but it is important to keep the nutrients in your body. Especially the proteins. You should never completely skip a meal. If you can't put it all down that is one thing but if you go too long without protein and EFA's in your system your body's metabolism will start to revert back to a catabolic state. That isn't good. That is basically when you store fat and eat muscle for energy.

Eat every meal to stay in an anabolic state.

firsthorseman97
04-23-08, 11:58 am

I'm pro-food.

French57
04-23-08, 11:59 am
thanks bro. I think I am just going to eat half of what I was going to eat.

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 1:20 pm
thanks bro. I think I am just going to eat half of what I was going to eat.

That is definitely better than not eating at all. If possible, target the protein in your meal the most.

Vaze_06
04-23-08, 1:31 pm

Back:

Chest:

Meal 6 (right now)
2 hard boiled egg whites
yogurt

Goodnight

keepin on the good work, you,ll achieve your goals no doubt!
as for what you said.. don,t think you were wrong! you're on the right path :P

French57
04-23-08, 2:25 pm
That is definitely better than not eating at all. If possible, target the protein in your meal the most.

yeah I just ate the chicken and yogurt.

French57
04-23-08, 2:26 pm
keepin on the good work, you,ll achieve your goals no doubt!
as for what you said.. don,t think you were wrong! you're on the right path :P

Thanks V. I gotta keep busting my butt cause I know you will be and I WILL GET MY 1/4 of the last words lol

ghost
04-23-08, 3:21 pm
true we have each other, but even right now, my friends are out in my kitchen getting drunk, and i sit in my room on here, learning.. But i only have yall and myself to support myself... friends dont give a fuck, as long as i can lift the keg for em, they dont care what i do... so thats what i meant..

fukem.

honestly, what are the fake people going to do for you in life? nothing but piss you off? dont bother dealing with them. Find people who are genuinely interested in what you have to Say, Do, and your character.

above anything else, i have learned on this forvm that i do not need people in my life who are not going to help me get to where i want to be in life. and if they arent on board with my plans, then get outta the fucking way of the train cuz its gonna run you down.

French57
04-23-08, 3:34 pm
fukem.
if they arent on board with my plans, then get outta the fucking way of the train cuz its gonna run you down.

I couldnt agree with you more. I am new to all this but, I can already see besides my best friend and lifting partner, my other friends dont understand all that goes into doing what I am doing. Thats fine with me but I refuse to let their negative energy deter me from my journey. And besides I have a whole family here of men and women who are involved in their own journey and can relate to my struggles.

Thanks for coming by

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 3:47 pm
fukem.

honestly, what are the fake people going to do for you in life? nothing but piss you off? dont bother dealing with them. Find people who are genuinely interested in what you have to Say, Do, and your character.

above anything else, i have learned on this forvm that i do not need people in my life who are not going to help me get to where i want to be in life. and if they arent on board with my plans, then get outta the fucking way of the train cuz its gonna run you down.

hence the fact im moving schools, to where i know nobody, new start all that good shit..

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 3:53 pm
I couldn't agree with you more. I am new to all this but, I can already see besides my best friend and lifting partner, my other friends dont understand all that goes into doing what I am doing. Thats fine with me but I refuse to let their negative energy deter me from my journey. And besides I have a whole family here of men and women who are involved in their own journey and can relate to my struggles.

Thanks for coming by

Bro, my own wife doesn't really support me in what I am doing. She likes the results but whenever I attempt to share anything about what is going on in my life with her she just keeps on with whatever she is doing and doesn't really hear me. I get a lot of, "uh huh" "um hmm" "ok" from her as she is completely tuning me out. If she was looking at me the instant I say anything about exercise or diet you can literally watch her eyes glaze over as she shifts to thinking about something else. You have to communicate with her about things she is interested in or your out of the loop. She also doesn't get it, she truly does not understand that I am serious about what I am doing. It's sad, it's painful even but it is in my life so I take it as fuel, let it piss me off, say nothing, and hammer the livin shit out of the weights all the more. Her brother is even worse! He understands it but is completely fat, lazy, out of shape and a complete asshole to me about it. Between the two of them I have enough negative to shut down an entire gym of aspiring body builders. But I choose to use their negative as a fuel to help push me even further into what I am doing. And it is starting to pay off.

Man I totally got your back on this. If you are ever above the Mason Dixie line look me up and we'll hit the gym and punish some plates.

Vaze_06
04-23-08, 3:54 pm
fukem.

ahaha love your metaphor!...
one of the first thing i learned from u.. thanks:P

French57
04-23-08, 4:06 pm
Bro, my own wife doesn't really support me in what I am doing. She likes the results but whenever I attempt to share anything about what is going on in my life with her she just keeps on with whatever she is doing and doesn't really hear me. I get a lot of, "uh huh" "um hmm" "ok" from her as she is completely tuning me out. If she was looking at me the instant I say anything about exercise or diet you can literally watch her eyes glaze over as she shifts to thinking about something else. You have to communicate with her about things she is interested in or your out of the loop. She also doesn't get it, she truly does not understand that I am serious about what I am doing. It's sad, it's painful even but it is in my life so I take it as fuel, let it piss me off, say nothing, and hammer the livin shit out of the weights all the more. Her brother is even worse! He understands it but is completely fat, lazy, out of shape and a complete asshole to me about it. Between the two of them I have enough negative to shut down an entire gym of aspiring body builders. But I choose to use their negative as a fuel to help push me even further into what I am doing. And it is starting to pay off.

Man I totally got your back on this. If you are ever above the Mason Dixie line look me up and we'll hit the gym and punish some plates.

Damn that sucks sorry to hear that. I feel so sorry for those weights cause I know they get a daily ass whooping from you.

Where in PA are you? I am just down 83 about 20mins from MD/PA line

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 4:18 pm
Damn that sucks sorry to hear that. I feel so sorry for those weights cause I know they get a daily ass whooping from you.

Where in PA are you? I am just down 83 about 20mins from MD/PA line

We are close. I'm in Lancaster. Gonna have to get a few brothers together for a lift sometime.

As for my family situation, don't be sorry. I am totally over that crap. I don't need anyone to support me in order to do what I do yet I got all you guys on here so I'm set anyway.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 4:24 pm
We are close. I'm in Lancaster. Gonna have to get a few brothers together for a lift sometime.

As for my family situation, don't be sorry. I am totally over that crap. I don't need anyone to support me in order to do what I do yet I got all you guys on here so I'm set anyway.

aaaww touching family-ish moment...

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 4:34 pm
aaaww touching family-ish moment...

LOL! You love your family but in some things they piss ya off ya know bro? I'm sure I do stuff that rattles their cage too. At least, I hope I do ;) LOL!

Hey, were talkin about lifitng weights and proper diet here! Enough chocko babble ...

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 4:38 pm
LOL! You love your family but in some things they piss ya off ya know bro? I'm sure I do stuff that rattles their cage too. At least, I hope I do ;) LOL!

Hey, were talkin about lifitng weights and proper diet here! Enough chocko babble ...

works for me..

French57
04-23-08, 6:15 pm
hence the fact im moving schools, to where i know nobody, new start all that good shit..

yeah thats understandable. Fresh start + less stress = some hardcore gym sessions lol

French57
04-23-08, 6:16 pm

What you dont like animal bonding? lol geesh where is your sensitive side? just dont go getting sensitive in the gym or those weights are gonna getcha lol

French57
04-23-08, 6:18 pm

Shit thats only like an hour or so away. Hell yeah Im down for a session.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 7:40 pm
yeah thats understandable. Fresh start + less stress = some hardcore gym sessions lol

yeah they have 2 power friendly gyms where im going.. plus apparently the school has put out a good number of NFL players.. so they apparently know something about strength..

French57
04-23-08, 8:29 pm
great to hear... now no excuses lol

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 8:59 pm
great to hear... now no excuses lol

lol, dad wants me to try to get on the team.. i say fuck that, show up some of the team in the weightroom and make the coach ask who i am and if i want to play..... but i may try just for something to do..... who knows.

French57
04-23-08, 9:03 pm
I like that idea... just get in there and put in work and im sure the coaches would definitely take notice...

SQUAT or DIE!
04-23-08, 9:11 pm
I like that idea... just get in there and put in work and im sure the coaches would definitely take notice...

thats what im sayin.. make my statement with weights not words....

French57
04-23-08, 11:51 pm
Tonight I tried to do a strict timing workout, 30 second rest between reps and 1 minute between exercises.. Ah definitely one heck of a workout.. Kicked my ass but, I will damn sure be doing it again.

Shoulders:
push press 4x6: 115, 135, 155
DB 3 way raises 4x8: 20, 25, 30, 35
Military press 4x6: 135, 155, 175, 195
Shrugs w/ straps: 225x16, 275x12, 315x8, 365x4

Legs:
Lunges 3x10: 135, 155, 175
DB step ups 4x6: 65, 70, 75
Hip abduction/adduction 4x12: 100, 120, 140, 160
Hip sled 4x12: 450, 540, 630, 720 drop set too 90

Cardio:
18mins of intervals on the treadmill... sprints @ speed 13, walks @ speed 4.5
1st 6min: 30 second sprint, 1 minute walk
2nd 6min: 45 second sprint 45 second walk
3rd 6min: 1 min sprint, 30 second walk

I was already exhausted after the lifting but, I almost puked a few times doing the intervals. This was my hardest day yet, even though my numbers dont necessarily reflect that.

The way my body hurts right now I should quit. My mental preparation for today prepared me for that very thought. Hell no I am not quiting. I am just getting started and it will only get worse. More intense workouts, more focus, and more determination.

Damn I am so glad I decided to change my life. These first three days of my journey have been tough but, I feel so good about myself. I never lacked confidence but, I feel good about my effort and all the little things that I have to do in order to give bbing my all everyday. I used to hate getting up in the mornings but, now heck I get up a hour and a half before I have to so I can get all my food ready for the day and to mentally walk through each part of my day.

Thank you all for your continued support. I dont know nearly as much as most of the people here but if I can be of any help to anyone do not hesitate to hit me up.

I feel like I just won the largest lottery jackpot ever..

Goodnight all

Hoomgar
04-24-08, 9:20 am
Excellent workout bro! Deff feels good to hammer it right and be sore the next day. Be sure to eat!

French57
04-24-08, 10:03 am
Excellent workout bro! Deff feels good to hammer it right and be sore the next day. Be sure to eat!

thanks. I came home and ate some almonds, natty pb, and 3 hard boiled egg whites.. Woke up around 3am because I was so hungry.. So I ate some 3 more hb egg whites and a yogurt.

I really need to find new stuff to eat cause after only three days I really dont feel like I am getting enough healthy food to make up for the bad stuff I was eating and needed for energy.. if that makes sense

Hoomgar
04-24-08, 11:26 am
thanks. I came home and ate some almonds, natty pb, and 3 hard boiled egg whites.. Woke up around 3am because I was so hungry.. So I ate some 3 more hb egg whites and a yogurt.

I really need to find new stuff to eat cause after only three days I really dont feel like I am getting enough healthy food to make up for the bad stuff I was eating and needed for energy.. if that makes sense

It does make sense and there are things you can eat that help bro and wont make you fat. Don't be afraid to increase your meat and veggie intake. Eat even more chicken breasts and Turkey breasts. I hammer the raw carrots and peppers. Be careful though with the raw veggies. They clean you out good! You want that as it cleans out all that junk you mentioned but you just need to be aware that it does this. Also, munching on carrots alone or even with the peppers will actually make you more hungry so snack them at a time when you know you will be eating your next meal soon.

I avoid carbs at night time. Even oats will make my stomach go crazy while I sleep. Mostly just proteins at night time.

For night time hungers, eat a piece of chicken or if you don't want to go that heavy try using a Casein protein shake. I find that the casein protein shakes digest really slow and help get me through the night. If you want a natural alternative to the casein shake just eat some cottage cheese. It is loaded with casein protein as well. If you are worried about the fat use a non-fat CC. Lots of things you can do.

I used to home brew so I had a mini fridge in my bedroom/den area that I now use for storing all these goodies. So if I wake up in the night hungry like you do I just stumble over to the fridge, grab, chaw, jump back in bed. Very convenient. Sleep like a baby too after that :)

French57
04-24-08, 1:27 pm
I admit I dont know that much about food and what it has to over besides like the very basics which you see in my diet. I have been trying to find a book that could help me with this but, havent found one yet. So your help is definitely appreciated.

I am going to rework my food intake. I think I might have made a drastic change from my previous intake. I never ate that bad, in my opinion. I would have the occasional burger or pizza, drank a soda at the most two, pasta, etc. I stayed in pretty good shape, as far as muscle structure, but after my shoulder surgeries I slowly started putting on weight until 235ish, where I am now. I wanted to make a change so I could get back to my natural 205-210 weight.

Should I maybe somewhat go back to my regular diet, and cut just a few things out, and increase my cardio? I already bust ass in the gym and have seen significant gains in the last few months in muscle size and shape.

The first few days of this have gone well but I started noticing yesterday and definitely today my energy is way down.

Not sure what to do.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 1:41 pm
I admit I dont know that much about food and what it has to over besides like the very basics which you see in my diet. I have been trying to find a book that could help me with this but, havent found one yet. So your help is definitely appreciated.

I am going to rework my food intake. I think I might have made a drastic change from my previous intake. I never ate that bad, in my opinion. I would have the occasional burger or pizza, drank a soda at the most two, pasta, etc. I stayed in pretty good shape, as far as muscle structure, but after my shoulder surgeries I slowly started putting on weight until 235ish, where I am now. I wanted to make a change so I could get back to my natural 205-210 weight.

Should I maybe somewhat go back to my regular diet, and cut just a few things out, and increase my cardio? I already bust ass in the gym and have seen significant gains in the last few months in muscle size and shape.

The first few days of this have gone well but I started noticing yesterday and definitely today my energy is way down.

Not sure what to do.

IMO give it another few days, i felt better after a few days w/o carbs..
if its still down i dont see why you couldnt go back to your other wya of eating, just a bit cleaner and up the cardio.. its all cals in vs cals out... just find how many your takin in... and keep macros good...

French57
04-24-08, 1:46 pm
IMO give it another few days, i felt better after a few days w/o carbs..
if its still down i dont see why you couldnt go back to your other wya of eating, just a bit cleaner and up the cardio.. its all cals in vs cals out... just find how many your takin in... and keep macros good...

I would really like to figure out how many I am burning, not sure its possible though.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 1:51 pm
I would really like to figure out how many I am burning, not sure its possible though.

you can buy things that count the cals you burn all day... but im pretty sure they are expensive... uhh im sure theres a formula/ somethign that cna be found on gooogle that tells you approx how many cals are burned in a wo..

French57
04-24-08, 9:46 pm
I had planned on doing bi's and tri's today; however, my body had other intentions. All day today I have barely been awake, just dragging ass all day. I was desperate so I even had a cup of coffee. No magic there. So today I am resting no cardio or anything. I am ok with this because the first three days of the cut went very well, ate good, killed at the gym. Thinking my body isnt used to not having the extra calories or something. Dont know.

So I am enjoying this rest while I can cause tomorrow it is back to kicking ass.

Hope everyone's days is going well.

oh btw Squat, yeah I bet those are an arm and a leg and I need those to workout lol

HYPERTROPHY81
04-24-08, 10:00 pm
hey bro, keep it going. i'm sitting here at work, reviewing all the NEW SHIT and came across your journey. it's looking good bro!!! keep pushing and keep going. i'll be subbed in from here on. i'll be cutting/leaning out in May, so i'm reading up on everyone so i can figure out what will work for me. peace bro!!!

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 10:01 pm
hey bro, keep it going. i'm sitting here at work, reviewing all the NEW SHIT and came across your journey. it's looking good bro!!! keep pushing and keep going. i'll be subbed in from here on. i'll be cutting/leaning out in May, so i'm reading up on everyone so i can figure out what will work for me. peace bro!!!

good luck!

French57
04-24-08, 10:06 pm

Thanks for the support. One day at a time. Just working out the kinks in my eating and lifting routines so I can get everything running smooth and kick ass.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 10:09 pm
thats what i like to hear french!!

French57
04-24-08, 10:11 pm
Hyper,

your lion, gazelle saying really caught me. That shit is so true about life in so many ways. Great quote

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 10:12 pm
Hyper,

your lion, gazelle saying really caught me. That shit is so true about life in so many ways. Great quote

ive read it on his thing before and it is pretty great...

French57
04-24-08, 10:15 pm
ive read it on his thing before and it is pretty great...

bro, I am over here just plain exhausted. My body is like I cant move, brain is like get ur lazy ass up and go lift... geesh this interpersonal fight is going to drive me to drink lmao

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 10:17 pm
bro, I am over here just plain exhausted. My body is like I cant move, brain is like get ur lazy ass up and go lift... geesh this interpersonal fight is going to drive me to drink lmao

haha i recently quit... was like a border line alcoholic last semester.. cut WAY back since january and now i stopped, mostly casue keto...

yeah its a fight somedays, your body isnt used to a lack of cals and carbs for energy... fun isnt it??

French57
04-24-08, 10:22 pm
haha i recently quit... was like a border line alcoholic last semester.. cut WAY back since january and now i stopped, mostly casue keto...

yeah its a fight somedays, your body isnt used to a lack of cals and carbs for energy... fun isnt it??

Glad to hear you recognized the issue and worked to free yourself from it, thats a journey all in itself. A friend of mine from the gym has been clean for six years and takes it out on the weights. He is a true animal.

Yeah it is a fight. Today has been the worst so far. I dont know if I would call it fun, more like hell. I love the training thats for sure, just gotta get used to the different diet routines.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-24-08, 10:26 pm
Glad to hear you recognized the issue and worked to free yourself from it, thats a journey all in itself. A friend of mine from the gym has been clean for six years and takes it out on the weights. He is a true animal.

Yeah it is a fight. Today has been the worst so far. I dont know if I would call it fun, more like hell. I love the training thats for sure, just gotta get used to the different diet routines.

lol yeah its not exactly fun, but an evil necessity much like cardio...

make sure your getting a bunch off EAA's helps keep muscle mass from breaking down for energy... if you need any help with that PM me and ill see if i can help ya out.

and i dont think i can quit drinkin permently yet, but as for right now i got better things to do than get drunk, but its hard to not have a cold one now and then..

HYPERTROPHY81
04-24-08, 10:28 pm
Thanks for the support. One day at a time. Just working out the kinks in my eating and lifting routines so I can get everything running smooth and kick ass.

anytime bro. we're all here for ya. we've all had our set backs, but i've always been taught that it's not how you fall, but how you rise from your experience that counts most. you are for sure rising in my books bro. stepping forward. that's all it takes. okay, now i'm going. i was done work 30 mins ago. this forvm just makes the time go.

Hoomgar
04-25-08, 9:15 am
I haven't cut out on ya bro, it's just I don't really have much more to offer because my advice would be to eat some oats. I know your cutting the carbs so I ain't suggesting that ya know? Keto doesn't work for me, my brain starts wiggin out and I would end up back on meds. That isn't to say it doesn't work. Absolutely it works as a lot of our biggest guys have used it to cut down. It just doesn't work for me so I have no experience to offer with it.

Just wanted you to know why I've gone a little quiet. Still following here and fully support ya man.

French57
04-25-08, 1:34 pm
I haven't cut out on ya bro, it's just I don't really have much more to offer because my advice would be to eat some oats. I know your cutting the carbs so I ain't suggesting that ya know? Keto doesn't work for me, my brain starts wiggin out and I would end up back on meds. That isn't to say it doesn't work. Absolutely it works as a lot of our biggest guys have used it to cut down. It just doesn't work for me so I have no experience to offer with it.

Just wanted you to know why I've gone a little quiet. Still following here and fully support ya man.

No worries bro. Im not doing the keto diet though. I posted roughly my meal plans in my very first entry I think. I am reworking it though to make sure I am able to have the energy I need to keep going balls to the wall at the gym and functioning in my daily life.

Probably going back to my regular eating habits, with a few minor changes (no soda, chips, etc), upping my cardio time and lifting like crazy in the gym. I wasnt cutting for shows or anything just wanted to try and drop weight more quickly.

I am going to give this current eating plan a couple more days and see how my energy level is.

I know you are there supporting me even if you arent posting and I appreciate it.

BigAnt
04-25-08, 2:22 pm
Been reading through your Journey, sounds like you "got the fire" in you...NOW...
PLEASE DON'T E V E R LOOSE IT!

Any help you need...WE are all right here, a keyboard away!

Did you ever think about taking some before pics and than update pics every 3-4 weeks..?

I will be checking in on ya from time to time, you better stay strong...MIND-BODY!

BigAnt

French57
04-25-08, 2:58 pm
Been reading through your Journey, sounds like you "got the fire" in you...NOW...

Did you ever think about taking some before pics and than update pics every 3-4 weeks..?

I will be checking in on ya from time to time, you better stay strong...MIND-BODY!

BigAnt

Hadnt thought about taking pics. lol I dont need any proof that I was out of shape (embarressing considering the great shape I was in for the first 24 yrs of my life). However, I will take the pics so I can see the stages of my progress.

You have my word no quit in me.

I definitely appreciate your support and assistance. Thank you

SQUAT or DIE!
04-25-08, 3:01 pm

BigAnt

OOO a celebrity it our midst...

yeah pics are always a great way to see the progress youve made, since its hard to see it yourself...

French57
04-25-08, 3:22 pm
OOO a celebrity it our midst...

yeah pics are always a great way to see the progress youve made, since its hard to see it yourself...

yeah bro, I posted on one of his posts and he responded within a few minutes. Then I checked my page and He even came over here and commented. I am honored and impressed.

I doubt I will post my before pics lol but I will be more than happy to post my after pics (as long as I reach my goals lol)

dont even say its ego lol just dont want to look stupid

Vaze_06
04-25-08, 3:38 pm
yeah bro, I posted on one of his posts and he responded within a few minutes. Then I checked my page and He even came over here and commented. I am honored and impressed.

I doubt I will post my before pics lol but I will be more than happy to post my after pics (as long as I reach my goals lol)

dont even say its ego lol just dont want to look stupid

yep we are damn lucky to have to pros to help us out in become better

and in here there is no place for doubt! you will or you wont reach your goals period
you made the choice to come here, clean up your diet and hit the gym hardcore sooo DAmn yeah you better achieves those goals
and we are here to back you up =)

SQUAT or DIE!
04-25-08, 3:57 pm

and in here there is no place for doubt! you will or you wont reach your goals period
you made the choice to come here, clean up your diet and hit the gym hardcore sooo DAmn yeah you better achieves those goals

and V is here to kick your ass if you slack off... she did it to me when i wasnt eating...

Hoomgar
04-25-08, 4:49 pm
...always remember bro when your butt is draggin you can have a half cup or so of oatmeal with a protein shake about 1 hour before hitting the gym. It will do wonders for your energy levels and should have no negative affects on bf at all done that way. This is what I do.

BigAnt
04-25-08, 5:32 pm
[QUOTE=SQUAT or DIE!;372177]OOO a celebrity it our midst...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL...Just an old man who has a passion for nutrition-bodybuilding-helping others....But I can still kick the young kids a$$ in the gym! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SQUAT or DIE!
04-25-08, 6:51 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL...Just an old man who has a passion for nutrition-bodybuilding-helping others....But I can still kick the young kids a$$ in the gym! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i think we all aspire to be liek that some day.... come on ya cant be that old... i refuse to accept that fact...

French57
04-25-08, 10:42 pm

Thanks for pointing out that I was showing signs of doubt. Didnt realize I did that. I guess I meant in the timeline I gave myself. I hadnt planned on having to make any changes or not having supps.

Dont worry V, I am still busting my ass to achieve those goals.

French57
04-25-08, 10:43 pm
and V is here to kick your ass if you slack off... she did it to me when i wasnt eating...

I am staying on my p's and q's cause I dont want her beating my ass lol. Although being a fellow animal I know she would do it with love and respect lol or so I hope =)

French57
04-25-08, 10:45 pm
...always remember bro when your butt is draggin you can have a half cup or so of oatmeal with a protein shake about 1 hour before hitting the gym. It will do wonders for your energy levels and should have no negative affects on bf at all done that way. This is what I do.

I will have to try that out. no protein shakes yet, hopefully soon.

I hate when unexpected things come up that end up taking the cash you had planned on using for something else lol. but thats life so no bitching just suck it up and work harder ya know.

French57
04-25-08, 10:48 pm

And I am going to soak up as much of your passion as I can.

You are just up the road from me (baltimore area) so hopefully one of these days I can make it up there and catch a session with you. Give me an opportunity to thank you personally for all the help you are offering me.

Thanks for the inspiration and advice

BigAnt
04-25-08, 10:59 pm
[QUOTE=BigAnt;372340]

i think we all aspire to be liek that some day.... come on ya cant be that old... i refuse to accept that fact...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am 41!

No lie!

BigAnt
04-25-08, 11:00 pm
[QUOTE=BigAnt;372340]

And I am going to soak up as much of your passion as I can.

You are just up the road from me (baltimore area) so hopefully one of these days I can make it up there and catch a session with you. Give me an opportunity to thank you personally for all the help you are offering me.

Thanks for the inspiration and advice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can meet at the Training Ctr with Big Al and Mcfly and crew...will be closer for ya...cool?

French57
04-25-08, 11:09 pm
Since I have been dragging the last couple days I thought I would try something different for my pre-workout meal.

3 grilled chicken tacos, lettuce and tomato
about 1.5 cups brown rice
about 1.5 cups black beans

Workout:

Biceps:
single arm DB preacher curls 2x15: 30, 40 (PR)
seated DB curls 3x10: 25, 30, 35
easy bar curls 3x6: 35's, 35's, 45's (5) (PR)
Hammer Curls 3x8: 40, 45, 50x6 (PR)

Triceps:
failure dips 2sets: 20 (PR), 17
DB skull crushers 2x10: 30, 35x6 (PR)
Close grip bench 3x6: 135, {175, 215x2 195x2} (PRs)
Rope pull downs 4x8: 65, 70, 75, 80x5
Towel pulls 2 sets: 6, 6

Im not satisfied with how these numbers look on paper but, I am stoked that I hit 5 personal records. Dips have never been strong last few times I have done them I struggle to get 10 reps. Although I didnt complete all 6 of my last set of easy bar curls just doing one rep was a pr so I am pleased. close grip bench was very thrilling for me because its not something I do regularly and to do them as my third exercise and kick ass like I feel I did I was very impressed with myself. The few times I have done them I do like 3 sets starting with 95, 115, 135. Pretty disappointed with my rope pull down number normally I start with 100lbs and finish with 140lbs but, then again I normally do those first. I still wasnt full of energy today but, I did my best and 5 PRs reflect that for me personally. I started to really get burned out after around the third set of bi's and tri's but, I could hear each of you pushing me in my head and it really helped me push through and finish my workout. Not sure if my pre-workout meal helped any; however, it was pretty good. My advice dont eat black beans before a workout lmao

French57
04-25-08, 11:13 pm
[QUOTE=French57;372553]

We can meet at the Training Ctr with Big Al and Mcfly and crew...will be closer for ya...cool?

Really? Oh damn that would be incredible. I dont know where the training center is but you can count me in..

I might have to watch the first time, not used to working around guys as dedicated as yourself. I admit I might be intimidated.

BigAnt
04-25-08, 11:40 pm
[QUOTE=BigAnt;372562]

Really? Oh damn that would be incredible. I dont know where the training center is but you can count me in..

I might have to watch the first time, not used to working around guys as dedicated as yourself. I admit I might be intimidated.

New Castle DE

Hit me, BigAl & Mcfly up...we will work out details, and don't worry about the weight you use, it is all about learning, when I train down there---I am the pretty boy--weakest in the bunch!

French57
04-25-08, 11:48 pm
[QUOTE=French57;372575]

New Castle DE

Hit me, BigAl & Mcfly up...we will work out details, and don't worry about the weight you use, it is all about learning, when I train down there---I am the pretty boy--weakest in the bunch!

I cant say I know the other two you mentioned but, if they are anything like you I make sure to get to know them.

Oh dont worry, I will be there with a notebook and pen taking as many notes as possible.

I probably wont be able to meet up with you guys till after the summer cause right now I am in school and this summer I have an internship with the police department. But, honestly I am willing to make time cause I dont want to miss out on an opportunity to learn from the best.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-25-08, 11:55 pm
[QUOTE=BigAnt;372595]

I cant say I know the other two you mentioned but, if they are anything like you I make sure to get to know them.

Oh dont worry, I will be there with a notebook and pen taking as many notes as possible.

I probably wont be able to meet up with you guys till after the summer cause right now I am in school and this summer I have an internship with the police department. But, honestly I am willing to make time cause I dont want to miss out on an opportunity to learn from the best.

hey now make sure you share them notes with the rest of us... secrets dont make friends!

French57
04-26-08, 12:01 am
[QUOTE=French57;372603]

hey now make sure you share them notes with the rest of us... secrets dont make friends!

I will be more than happy to share with anyone who wants to know. Whats the point of bettering myself if I cant help others around me better themselves? Thats always been one of my many personal philosophies about life.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-26-08, 12:06 am
[QUOTE=SQUAT or DIE!;372611]

I will be more than happy to share with anyone who wants to know. Whats the point of bettering myself if I cant help others around me better themselves? Thats always been one of my many personal philosophies about life.

YAAY! thats what i like to hear!!

French57
04-26-08, 7:39 pm
Warm up:
Cleans 3x5: 135, 155, 135

Workout:
T-bar row 4x6: 130, 140, 150, 160
DB snatch 3x8: 50, 50, 50
Straight leg DB deadlift 3x6: 60, 70, 80
Bar row 3x5: 135, 185, 225x3
Lat pull downs 3x8: 150, 160, 170x6
Pull ups 3x6: -40lbs of body weight

ghost
04-26-08, 8:37 pm
Good job on back French!!

French57
04-26-08, 8:40 pm
Good job on back French!!

thanks bro

HYPERTROPHY81
04-26-08, 9:43 pm
Warm up:
Cleans 3x5: 135, 155, 135

Workout:
T-bar row 4x6: 130, 140, 150, 160
DB snatch 3x8: 50, 50, 50
Straight leg DB deadlift 3x6: 60, 70, 80
Bar row 3x5: 135, 185, 225x3
Lat pull downs 3x8: 150, 160, 170x6
Pull ups 3x6: -40lbs of body weight

Since I have been dragging the last couple days I thought I would try something different for my pre-workout meal.

3 grilled chicken tacos, lettuce and tomato
about 1.5 cups brown rice
about 1.5 cups black beans

Workout:

Biceps:
single arm DB preacher curls 2x15: 30, 40 (PR)
seated DB curls 3x10: 25, 30, 35
easy bar curls 3x6: 35's, 35's, 45's (5) (PR)
Hammer Curls 3x8: 40, 45, 50x6 (PR)

Triceps:
failure dips 2sets: 20 (PR), 17
DB skull crushers 2x10: 30, 35x6 (PR)
Close grip bench 3x6: 135, {175, 215x2 195x2} (PRs)
Rope pull downs 4x8: 65, 70, 75, 80x5
Towel pulls 2 sets: 6, 6

Im not satisfied with how these numbers look on paper but, I am stoked that I hit 5 personal records. Dips have never been strong last few times I have done them I struggle to get 10 reps. Although I didnt complete all 6 of my last set of easy bar curls just doing one rep was a pr so I am pleased. close grip bench was very thrilling for me because its not something I do regularly and to do them as my third exercise and kick ass like I feel I did I was very impressed with myself. The few times I have done them I do like 3 sets starting with 95, 115, 135. Pretty disappointed with my rope pull down number normally I start with 100lbs and finish with 140lbs but, then again I normally do those first. I still wasnt full of energy today but, I did my best and 5 PRs reflect that for me personally. I started to really get burned out after around the third set of bi's and tri's but, I could hear each of you pushing me in my head and it really helped me push through and finish my workout. Not sure if my pre-workout meal helped any; however, it was pretty good. My advice dont eat black beans before a workout lmao

solid sessions FRENCH!!!! any day i get a PR, it's always a good day, so i can only imagine how you're feelinng with 5 PR's. i hope i was one of those voices in your head. lol. but i totally hear ya on that. when things get heavy, there's a million animal voices screaming at me LIGHT WEIGHT!!!! works everytime. keep going strong buddy!!!!

French57
04-27-08, 12:41 pm
Hype, yup you were there looking all huge and shit talking, talking about,"I can do those reps in my sleep" lol.

I think these PRs came simply because before when I would lift I think I was cheating myself nah I KNOW I was cheating myself. Not really sure why I didnt push myself harder but, the point is I am pushing my limits everyday now. And it is even a better feeling getting those PRs cause most of them came when I was already freakin tired so it was a struggle ya know.

Question: How many exercises per day do you think is good? Like Tomorrow I start my splits, mon-chest, tues-bi's-tri's, wed-legs, thurs-back, fri-shoulders, sat-core. I dont want to over do it but, also dont want to under do it and not get enough work it.

Thanks for the support bro. Stay strong over there and remain focused.

Vaze_06
04-27-08, 1:17 pm
Hype, yup you were there looking all huge and shit talking, talking about,"I can do those reps in my sleep" lol.

I think these PRs came simply because before when I would lift I think I was cheating myself nah I KNOW I was cheating myself. Not really sure why I didnt push myself harder but, the point is I am pushing my limits everyday now. And it is even a better feeling getting those PRs cause most of them came when I was already freakin tired so it was a struggle ya know.

Question: How many exercises per day do you think is good? Like Tomorrow I start my splits, mon-chest, tues-bi's-tri's, wed-legs, thurs-back, fri-shoulders, sat-core. I dont want to over do it but, also dont want to under do it and not get enough work it.

sup bro
happy to see that everything is going fine for ya =)

in my opinion, i would change your splits a little...
you shouldn't put back to back legs with back, you're already gonna be die from the squat, leg press... you wouldnt be able to hit hardcore your back with deadlifts, etc.. so i suggest to put some distance between those 2
and maybe add a rest day in all this.. can hit the abs and do a looot of cardio

my slipt that i'm planning for this summer look something like this.....
day 1-chest
day 2-back
day 3-rest (abs & cardio)
day 4-shoulder
day 5-bi/tri
day 6-legs
day 7-rest (abs & cardio)

hmm hope that helps u out...

laters

Boz
04-27-08, 1:41 pm
Hey French, where you at in MD? I live on the shore, but train on base in DE.

HYPERTROPHY81
04-27-08, 2:05 pm

you shouldn't put back to back legs with back, you're already gonna be die from the squat, leg press... you wouldnt be able to hit hardcore your back with deadlifts, etc.. so i suggest to put some distance between those 2

i hear ya bro!!!! as for the number of exercises. i'm not really an expert on that. i usually get in an average of 7 exercises total. in terms of sets and reps. i like to mix it up. i've learned it's important to stimulate all the different muscle fibres, so that's where changing the reps and weights comes in because all of them contribute to growth. but the general feel i get from the board is you have to find what works for you. that's where experimenting comes in and playing with rep ranges. i know some guys here only do 4-5 exercises. some guys who like volume, do more. trial and error bro.

as for you split. i like to start off my split with the weakest aspect. that's my back. at first i didn't understand this concept. but it's made a huge difference. that might be something you might want to consider. it lets you have all the energy at the start of a new workout week to really put everything you have into it. i also agree that you might not want to put your legs and back session back to back. all the squats and presses involve your lower back/posterior chain. it may actually hinder your back day. trust me. i've done it before. it's not great. i quickly changed up my split when that happened. like vaze_06 said, consider a rest day. also, i've always been taught bigger muscles first before the smaller ones. that being said, i would make sure to get my back routine in first before doing my bi's and tri's. but that's just me and i think based on how well you recover. my split goes like this.

SUNDAY - back
TUESDAY - chest
MONDAY - quads and bi's...(for now it's physio exercises and bi's)
WEDNESDAY - shoulders and tri's
THURSDAY - hamstrings and abs (for now it's just physio and abs)

my rest days waver. i put them in depending on how i'm feeling. sometimes i do 5 straight days. sometimes not. hope this helps and i didn't mean to rip apart your split.

Vaze_06
04-27-08, 2:19 pm
I agree with what Hyper said.. except the part of ripping apart your split! lol
you ain't ripping it apart.. just giving some advice in making it better:P ahahah

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=32

dont know if you have seen it... but there are some pretty good routine in that

it might help you out in seeing different ways of doing a split, reps, sets.....
and what may fit you the best in your goals ;p

and Hyper physio???...
what the hell have you done to your legs to end up in physio??!

French57
04-27-08, 2:42 pm
sup bro
happy to see that everything is going fine for ya =)

my slipt that i'm planning for this summer look something like this.....
day 1-chest
day 2-back
day 3-rest (abs & cardio)
day 4-shoulder
day 5-bi/tri
day 6-legs
day 7-rest (abs & cardio)

hmm hope that helps u out...

laters

Hey V

Yeah thats a good idea. Hadnt really thought about it that way. Thanks for the insight. Hope things are well with you.

Vaze_06
04-27-08, 4:43 pm
Hey V

Yeah thats a good idea. Hadnt really thought about it that way. Thanks for the insight. Hope things are well with you.

^^it's nothing, anytime:P
things are.... ok! can't wait to be finish with this semester :)

French57
04-27-08, 4:47 pm
i hear ya bro!!!! as for the number of exercises. i'm not really an expert on that. i usually get in an average of 7 exercises total. in terms of sets and reps. i like to mix it up. i've learned it's important to stimulate all the different muscle fibres, so that's where changing the reps and weights comes in because all of them contribute to growth. but the general feel i get from the board is you have to find what works for you. that's where experimenting comes in and playing with rep ranges. i know some guys here only do 4-5 exercises. some guys who like volume, do more. trial and error bro.

as for you split. i like to start off my split with the weakest aspect. that's my back. at first i didn't understand this concept. but it's made a huge difference. that might be something you might want to consider. it lets you have all the energy at the start of a new workout week to really put everything you have into it. i also agree that you might not want to put your legs and back session back to back. all the squats and presses involve your lower back/posterior chain. it may actually hinder your back day. trust me. i've done it before. it's not great. i quickly changed up my split when that happened. like vaze_06 said, consider a rest day. also, i've always been taught bigger muscles first before the smaller ones. that being said, i would make sure to get my back routine in first before doing my bi's and tri's. but that's just me and i think based on how well you recover. my split goes like this.

SUNDAY - back
TUESDAY - chest
MONDAY - quads and bi's...(for now it's physio exercises and bi's)
WEDNESDAY - shoulders and tri's
THURSDAY - hamstrings and abs (for now it's just physio and abs)

my rest days waver. i put them in depending on how i'm feeling. sometimes i do 5 straight days. sometimes not. hope this helps and i didn't mean to rip apart your split.

Oh no please feel free to "rip" it apart. I appreciate the opinion and advice. I normally just throw in a rest day when I feel my body needs it. So having planned rest days for me is something new.

Im here learning so your help is greatly appreciated

HYPERTROPHY81
04-27-08, 6:42 pm
Oh no please feel free to "rip" it apart. I appreciate the opinion and advice. I normally just throw in a rest day when I feel my body needs it. So having planned rest days for me is something new.

Im here learning so your help is greatly appreciated

in that case. no problem. glad i can help.

HYPERTROPHY81
04-27-08, 6:52 pm
I agree with what Hyper said.. except the part of ripping apart your split! lol
you ain't ripping it apart.. just giving some advice in making it better:P ahahah

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=32

dont know if you have seen it... but there are some pretty good routine in that

it might help you out in seeing different ways of doing a split, reps, sets.....
and what may fit you the best in your goals ;p

and Hyper physio???...
what the hell have you done to your legs to end up in physio??!

those are some good workouts. i've done 9, 10 and 11. all are awesome. i used to rotate them when i got bored OR if i wanted something different, i changed the order of the exercises or replaced one of them.

Vaze_06, a fellow canadien. do you have a journey bro? might be in montreal next month. i'll let you know if that goes as planned. but to answer your question, i was working wheels and it led to a strain in my rectus femoris (quad) attachment at the hip insertion. anyway, i had trouble walking and was getting typical referall pains but it was getting worse. it started travelling in a sharp, shooting manner down the side of my leg. it turns out that my GLUTES, especially my glute medius doesn't fire. it doesn't contract. this caused my TFL and my ITBAND to compensate and eventually lead to the pain. in a nutshell. i have to do physio to retrain my glutes to fire and contract. once that happens i can do squats and weighted squats, but even that's far from now. at this point, i'll be able to start wheel training next week. i'm quite excited for it. but it's definitely modified.

Vaze_06
04-27-08, 7:29 pm
those are some good workouts. i've done 9, 10 and 11. all are awesome. i used to rotate them when i got bored OR if i wanted something different, i changed the order of the exercises or replaced one of them.

Vaze_06, a fellow canadien. do you have a journey bro? might be in montreal next month. i'll let you know if that goes as planned. but to answer your question, i was working wheels and it led to a strain in my rectus femoris (quad) attachment at the hip insertion. anyway, i had trouble walking and was getting typical referall pains but it was getting worse. it started travelling in a sharp, shooting manner down the side of my leg. it turns out that my GLUTES, especially my glute medius doesn't fire. it doesn't contract. this caused my TFL and my ITBAND to compensate and eventually lead to the pain. in a nutshell. i have to do physio to retrain my glutes to fire and contract. once that happens i can do squats and weighted squats, but even that's far from now. at this point, i'll be able to start wheel training next week. i'm quite excited for it. but it's definitely modified.

Ahah nice, i like 4,7,8:P

damn bro nice!!!!, PM me when you'll know
they aren't many animal in my aera.... or live too far... And my friends never want go train with me lol hmm i wonder why:P
so it will nice kicking some wieghts with ya =)

damn that hurts, ouch!... hope that you'll get back in perfect shape soon

as for my journey, not yet... 3 weeks!!!! damn i have finish my semester with decent. nice grades and after i will have all the time for gym during the summer =)=)=) (damn cant wait!!!!!)

aaah and maybe let you know now.. cauz i ain't sure if you have realize or not... it will be really akward if the day that we train together, you except a guy and end up seeing that i'm a chick
LMAO!! no need to change the bro for sis.. bro is good for me:P

HYPERTROPHY81
04-27-08, 7:37 pm
Ahah nice, i like 4,7,8:P

damn bro nice!!!!, PM me when you'll know
they aren't many animal in my aera.... or live too far... And my friends never want go train with me lol hmm i wonder why:P
so it will nice kicking some wieghts with ya =)

damn that hurts, ouch!... hope that you'll get back in perfect shape soon

as for my journey, not yet... 3 weeks!!!! damn i have finish my semester with decent. nice grades and after i will have all the time for gym during the summer =)=)=) (damn cant wait!!!!!)

aaah and maybe let you know now.. cauz i ain't sure if you have realize or not... it will be really akward if the day that we train together, you except a guy and end up seeing that i'm a chick
LMAO!! no need to change the bro for sis.. bro is good for me:P

ROTFL...oh man. that actually has me laughing. thanks for telling me but still doesn't matter. either way, if i'm in montreal next month, no doubt we will throw down. i'm hoping to get better. but since i can't avoid walking, the process is really slow. lots of ups and downs with tonnes of frustrations but always lookin forward.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-27-08, 7:37 pm
V you still feeling sick??

Vaze_06
04-27-08, 7:58 pm
ROTFL...oh man. that actually has me laughing. thanks for telling me but still doesn't matter. either way, if i'm in montreal next month, no doubt we will throw down. i'm hoping to get better. but since i can't avoid walking, the process is really slow. lots of ups and downs with tonnes of frustrations but always lookin forward.

than nice bro!
we can go to my gym... ProGym if you know it... full with pussies, chicks, show off people... but you still have really big, hardcore guys ... been going there for 3 years.... i like it.. better than YMCA:P ahahah

damn.. you better get back in shape!! or... okok .... if you want... for you... i'll make an exception... we can train pussy way and i'll slow down for ya, so you don't get too tire, die from training with me and become a member of the group ''people who will never train with Vaze again''!
AHAHAHAHAH JUst kdding!!
no doubt it's gonna be an intense work out=)

and no hoping.. you are or aren't! lol
okok.. i'm kind off extreme on that.. but damn it's like with weights.. you lift that motherfucker weights and do your reps or you dont!! there is no place for doubts
that's my way of thinking! (maybe aint perfect....)

and bro you know that we are all here to support u:) (if you have a journey i'm gonna check it lol)

Vaze_06
04-27-08, 8:04 pm
V you still feeling sick??

LMAO!! lol
yeah.... :( but i feel better compare to yesterday and the day before...

and the crazy part is that i went running today... had a pair of pants and 2 sweater....
when every body was almost naked LOL!!! think it was 20°C outside...
hmmm maybe the reason why i sweated double this time.. and people were giving me some dirty look

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there must be something wrong with me... nice;p

SQUAT or DIE!
04-27-08, 8:07 pm
LMAO!! lol
yeah.... :( but i feel better compare to yesterday and the day before...

and the crazy part is that i went running today... had a pair of pants and 2 sweater....
when every body was almost naked LOL!!! think it was 20°C outside...
hmmm maybe the reason why i sweated double this time.. and people were giving me some dirty look

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there must be something wrong with me... nice;p

LOL you are one crazy female... well im glad your feeling better...

Vaze_06
04-27-08, 8:18 pm
LOL you are one crazy female... well im glad your feeling better...

^^ thanks, love compliments:P ahaha

SQUAT or DIE!
04-27-08, 8:22 pm
^^ thanks, love compliments:P ahaha

haha nothin but the nicest for you!

French57
04-27-08, 8:48 pm
Hey French, where you at in MD? I live on the shore, but train on base in DE.

Im in the Towson Area.

French57
04-27-08, 9:42 pm
Well today was a rest day. Wasnt supposed to be but, I had way to much homework to even think about lifting today =(

Anyway big thank you to Vaze and Hype for the link to the workout routines. I never even knew they were there so thank you.

Routine #4 it is... Now its time to go to work... I cant wait for the pain to begin.

I'll be checking in with yall tomorrow.

French57
04-28-08, 11:02 pm
Chest:
Flat hammer press 4x25: 40, 40, 40, 40
Incline DB fly 3x failure: 25x 25lbs, 20x30lbs, 12x35lbs
Decline smith press 2x12: 225, 225x7

Front/side Delts:
Seated DB press 1x25: 24 +1 force rep x 30lbs
Reverse EZ bar press 1x failure: 45s
Seated DB side delts 1x failure: 15s x 18

The burn is so intense right now. I dont think I have felt like this since the days of my college strength and conditioning coach used to have me working till my sweat was red (ok not literally but you get the point lol)

Numbers are low due to the high reps but good lawd does the burn and the pumps feel good.

As of today:

233lbs (down two pounds)
21.2% bf (really hurt my feelings)
183.6 LBM

BF got me a bit down cause I thought I was around 16-18% so to find this out was a little disheartening because it made me realize that my journey was going to be that much harder. Then I realized its not hard, just a few extra minutes of cardio, more strict on my diet, and it will all take care of itself.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 2:19 am
Chest:
Flat hammer press 4x25: 40, 40, 40, 40
Incline DB fly 3x failure: 25x 25lbs, 20x30lbs, 12x35lbs
Decline smith press 2x12: 225, 225x7

Front/side Delts:
Seated DB press 1x25: 24 +1 force rep x 30lbs
Reverse EZ bar press 1x failure: 45s
Seated DB side delts 1x failure: 15s x 18

The burn is so intense right now. I dont think I have felt like this since the days of my college strength and conditioning coach used to have me working till my sweat was red (ok not literally but you get the point lol)

Numbers are low due to the high reps but good lawd does the burn and the pumps feel good.

As of today:

233lbs (down two pounds)
21.2% bf (really hurt my feelings)
183.6 LBM

BF got me a bit down cause I thought I was around 16-18% so to find this out was a little disheartening because it made me realize that my journey was going to be that much harder. Then I realized its not hard, just a few extra minutes of cardio, more strict on my diet, and it will all take care of itself.

good wo bro...

imagine my bf %.... not cool..and my scale is off again so i gained 10lbs according to that... that sucked..

Dont get to down man, its just another step on your journey...

Hoomgar
04-29-08, 10:26 am
[QUOTE=French57;372575]

New Castle DE

Until I show up ;) They you are no longer the weakest or the oldest! LOL!

Don't let him fool you guys, I've seen Big Ant train and from what I have seen, he isn't human!

Now to make the trip down there to train with you guys. We should hook somethin up.

ghost
04-29-08, 10:32 am
French, dont get down and disheartened about the BF numbers, use that and fuel your lifts to kick your ass in to gear man.. you can do this, we have your back!

French57
04-29-08, 1:57 pm
French, dont get down and disheartened about the BF numbers, use that and fuel your lifts to kick your ass in to gear man.. you can do this, we have your back!

It is great fuel for my motivation, just caught me off guard for a second. Thanks for the words bro, definitey appreciated.

Goal for this week is 4lbs.

French57
04-29-08, 1:58 pm
good wo bro...

imagine my bf %.... not cool..and my scale is off again so i gained 10lbs according to that... that sucked..

Dont get to down man, its just another step on your journey...

We are going to do this together... both of us will accomplish our goals.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 2:06 pm
We are going to do this together... both of us will accomplish our goals.

works for me!

French57
04-29-08, 2:17 pm
works for me!

There better not be any hesitation or I will send V down to Texas to give you a nice motivational ass whoopin lol

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 2:23 pm
There better not be any hesitation or I will send V down to Texas to give you a nice motivational ass whoopin lol

...please dont...

im plenty motivated, i keep hearin i look better, thats enough motivation to keep choking down dry chicken greased up with OO.. yeah after last nights cheat im motivated to not want to to that for another week...

French57
04-29-08, 10:52 pm
Quads: (2 full rotations)

leg press 3x25: 180, 270, 360
Horizontal leg press 1x40: 144
Leg extensions 1x40: 100

leg press 3x25: 180, 270, 360x17
horizontal leg press 1x40: 144
leg extensions 1x40:100x30

Hams:

leg curl machine 3xfailure: 90lbs x20, x20, 12

Hopefully I can walk tomorrow. Hype and V you guys recommended checking out the routines on here, why didnt you tell me the advanced routines were really advanced lmao jk

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:03 pm
Quads: (2 full rotations)

leg press 3x25: 180, 270, 360
Horizontal leg press 1x40: 144
Leg extensions 1x40: 100

leg press 3x25: 180, 270, 360x17
horizontal leg press 1x40: 144
leg extensions 1x40:100x30

Hams:

leg curl machine 3xfailure: 90lbs x20, x20, 12

Hopefully I can walk tomorrow. Hype and V you guys recommended checking out the routines on here, why didnt you tell me the advanced routines were really advanced lmao jk

sick wo bro, good luck walking...

French57
04-29-08, 11:07 pm
sick wo bro, good luck walking...

literally sick... I have this terrible throw-up feeling right now (watery mouth, stomach turning all angles)... know how to stop this feeling?

Vaze_06
04-29-08, 11:14 pm
literally sick... I have this terrible throw-up feeling right now (watery mouth, stomach turning all angles)... know how to stop this feeling?

hmmmm you puke?! =)

French57
04-29-08, 11:16 pm
hmmmm you puke?! =)

Not yet but, it certainly feels like I am going too. Too much water intake post workout?

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:22 pm
Not yet but, it certainly feels like I am going too. Too much water intake post workout?

PUKE!!!!!!!!!! yeah i suppose to much water sloshing around your stomach could make ya feel like that.. but throw up and youll feel much better..

French57
04-29-08, 11:30 pm
PUKE!!!!!!!!!! yeah i suppose to much water sloshing around your stomach could make ya feel like that.. but throw up and youll feel much better..

lol... well if its going to happen hopefully it happens naturally.. Im not one for making myself puke.

Also what does Plebeian mean under my name?

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:33 pm
lol... well if its going to happen hopefully it happens naturally.. Im not one for making myself puke.

Also what does Plebeian mean under my name?

plebian is like a newbie, legionary is like more experience, gladius is your a freak on the forvm

i puked all me cheat meal up last night... i downed a shake after like 2 hrs post cheat and hickuped and made a run for the throne..

French57
04-29-08, 11:37 pm
plebian is like a newbie, legionary is like more experience, gladius is your a freak on the forvm

i puked all me cheat meal up last night... i downed a shake after like 2 hrs post cheat and hickuped and made a run for the throne..

oh lol I will stick to calling myself a plebian... sounds better than newbie lol

run for the throne huh? your body was like oh you want to eat all those carbs huh aiight I got you watch if you dont puke tonight... lmao

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:38 pm
oh lol I will stick to calling myself a plebian... sounds better than newbie lol

run for the throne huh? your body was like oh you want to eat all those carbs huh aiight I got you watch if you dont puke tonight... lmao

well i ate too much!! and then that shake just made it too much.. learned me a lesson the hard way

French57
04-29-08, 11:44 pm
well i ate too much!! and then that shake just made it too much.. learned me a lesson the hard way

sometimes those are the best lessons...

time to puke and sleep lol

SQUAT or DIE!
04-29-08, 11:45 pm
sometimes those are the best lessons...

time to puke and sleep lol

DO IT!!!

French57
05-02-08, 12:57 am
Back:

pull ups 3x12: -52lbs body weight, -64, -76x7
deads 3x10: 225, 245, 265
db rows 3x10: 70, 75, 80
lat pull downs 3x10: 120, 130, 140

Delts:
rear delt raises 2x25: 30, 30

Traps:
bb shrugs 3x12: 225, 225, 225
super set with
db shrugs 3x12: 70, 70, 70
upright rows 3x12: 65, 75, 85

Cardio:
45 mins treadmill incline 6, speed 3

SQUAT or DIE!
05-02-08, 1:09 am
Back:

Delts:

Traps:
super set with

Cardio:

very nice!

French57
05-02-08, 6:37 pm
Bicep:
standing db curls 2x10: 35, 40
Cable curls 3x10: 100, 110, 120x7
Incline hammer curls 1x20: 25

Tricep:
close grip bench 1x20: 135
press downs 1x25: 100
kickbacks 1x25: 15
Dips failure: 21 (PR was 20)

Calves superset:
seated raises 3x15: 2 45s, 3 45s, 4 45s
standing raises 3x15: 255, 275, 295

SQUAT or DIE!
05-02-08, 7:30 pm
Bicep:
standing db curls 2x10: 35, 40
Cable curls 3x10: 100, 110, 120x7
Incline hammer curls 1x20: 25

Tricep:
close grip bench 1x20: 135
press downs 1x25: 100
kickbacks 1x25: 15
Dips failure: 21 (PR was 20)

Calves superset:
seated raises 3x15: 2 45s, 3 45s, 4 45s
standing raises 3x15: 255, 275, 295

good stuff man.. hows the cut going for ya??

French57
05-02-08, 7:33 pm
also did 30 mins on the treadmill... incline 6 speed 3. heart rate never above 134/minute

Well so far I have lost 2lbs. Next weight and bf% in on monday. Looking for another 2-3lbs and 0.5-1% bf. As long as I keep losing 2lbs a week I will reach my goal by the end of the phase.

BigAnt
05-03-08, 1:17 am
Back:

Delts:

Traps:
super set with

Cardio:

ANOTHER GREAT WORKOUT--KEEP THIS SHIT GOING!

French57
05-03-08, 1:32 am

ANOTHER GREAT WORKOUT--KEEP THIS SHIT GOING!

appreciate it

French57
05-03-08, 4:10 pm
1hr on treadmill
6 incline
3 speed

Stepping up my cardio considering I wasnt getting in much cardio the first week and a half.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-03-08, 4:47 pm
1hr on treadmill
6 incline
3 speed

Stepping up my cardio considering I wasnt getting in much cardio the first week and a half.

sounds good.. i need to start adding a bit more cardio to my wo's..

Boz
05-03-08, 5:01 pm
solid session bro. keep it up!

Hoomgar
05-03-08, 6:26 pm
1hr on treadmill
6 incline
3 speed

sounds good.. i need to start adding a bit more cardio to my wo's..

Doin that to brothers. The cardio helps keep you in shape in a way that lifting just cannot. I find I feel better, am stronger and don't get near as winded while lifting when I step up the cardio and keep in good physical condition on top of my lifting.

It helps for sure. Good move!

Vaze_06
05-03-08, 7:08 pm
1hr on treadmill
6 incline
3 speed

hmm always like cardio... at least running until my legs couldn't anymore and felt like puking... (ok ok i swallow it back! ahaha there is never a garbage shit around me when i need to puke...)

hope you had some good music to go through that hour! or at least a TV to look at lol:P

SQUAT or DIE!
05-03-08, 7:33 pm
hmm always like cardio... at least running until my legs couldn't anymore and felt like puking... (ok ok i swallow it back! ahaha there is never a garbage shit around me when i need to puke...)

hope you had some good music to go through that hour! or at least a TV to look at lol:P

ive never known anyone who loves to run as much as you.....

Vaze_06
05-03-08, 8:04 pm
ive never known anyone who loves to run as much as you.....

lmao!!!

bro ... when i started running wasnt just so i get a better cardio and everything...
my parents are really old... montenegro, greek.... i have receive the old fashion education...
always respect your elders, no complaining, no but, what my parents said... you do it!
and i better be one of the best in my classes!

so when i compared myself to my friends... damn really wasn't the same... they could go out when ever they want, go to the movies with their friends, everything... when i .. i was affraid to arrive home 10 minutes later then the usual time i get home lol...
and shit are even more strict when you are a gurl... cauz you're more ''fragile'', sensitive....
bullshit! i bet i'm as strong or stronger than 3/4 of the guys in my college!

soo those 20-30 minutes of running (luckly now things have change... have more freedom and everything... thank goodness lol)
they were my time... my freedom... the moment where there was nobody to tell me what is good or bad, what i should or not do

it was my break of the strict life my parents were imposiing me...

so yeah one of the reason why i loveee so much running!:P

i did hate my parents from being so strict, and did get into fight to win some freedom...

but when i compare the education that kid are receiving now with the old one (mine)
i'm kinda thankful that my parents were like that with me... it's what made me the person who i am right now!

so when i'll get to the point of having kids myself... old fashion with some mix of the new generation... just find the right balance =)

French57
05-03-08, 8:31 pm
solid session bro. keep it up!

thanks for the support

French57
05-03-08, 8:32 pm
Doin that to brothers. The cardio helps keep you in shape in a way that lifting just cannot. I find I feel better, am stronger and don't get near as winded while lifting when I step up the cardio and keep in good physical condition on top of my lifting.

It helps for sure. Good move!

Walking on the treadmill isnt that bad for me. I just watch some tv and walk away the pounds lol.

French57
05-03-08, 8:34 pm

Um its not good to swallow it back... just let it out V

French57
05-04-08, 1:50 pm
1 hr on the treadmill
6 incline
3 speed

SQUAT or DIE!
05-05-08, 2:14 am
god damn i dont know how you do an hr.. id have to split it up..... brave soul

French57
05-06-08, 12:03 am
god damn i dont know how you do an hr.. id have to split it up..... brave soul

Honestly Bro, its not that bad. I just watch tv and get in a zone... after a while I forget I am even walking.. Which is hard for me to believe because I hate cardio lol

SQUAT or DIE!
05-06-08, 12:05 am
Honestly Bro, its not that bad. I just watch tv and get in a zone... after a while I forget I am even walking.. Which is hard for me to believe because I hate cardio lol

yes i have a video ipod, and some of the treadmills have TVs so its survivable to a point, 30 min at a time.. i did 30 today, and when i start lifting again next week or so, i will probably go for longer...

French57
05-06-08, 12:21 am
Week 3:
weight: 241lbs +8lbs from last week

I am not sure how I gained 8lbs. I have been sticking to my meal plan no cheat meals, no supps, just hardcore lifting. I did get my water pill prescription refilled and started back today and I do know the first day you take it after being off a few days you retain water. I just cant believe I would have picked up 8lbs. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this?

Workout:

Chest:
Flat bench 5x8: 135, 155, 175, 195, 215
Incline DB press 4x8: 65, 70, 75, 80
Flat DB fly 3x8: 50, 55, 60
Close grip bench 4x8: 135, 155, 175x4, didnt make 4th set

Biceps:
BB curls 4x8: 65, 85, 105, didnt make 4th set
Close EZ bar curls 4x8: 65, 85, 105, 115x4

Calves:
Standing 4x12: 255, 275, 295, 315
Seated 4x12: 2 45s, 3 45s, 4 45s, 4 45s

Starting my third week I am really in a groove now. I have a lot of homework to complete this last week of classes going into finals; however, I refuse to miss a workout. Have had to really manage my time wisely in order to get everything done each day but, its going well. I am feeling very good about myself and very pleased with my daily effort at the gym. I am feeling a lot stronger after two weeks and starting to see more definition in my arms, shoulders, and back. This progress has really given me a boost to keep working hard to reach my goal. I may not lose as much weight as I had originally planned because I am lifting so hard but, I am not as worried about weight as I am bf%. All in all, I am happy with my progress so far and look forward to continually seeing progress each week as my workouts continue.

Thank you family for all your support it really means so much to me knowing I have all of you behind me. I know many of you are on your own journeys and yet you still take the time to come by and offer your ideas, opinions, and support. Thank you all again. Keep pushing hard and I will make sure to be more active in my support for each of you as my schedule allows more time. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers even if I dont stop by your pages as often as I would like.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-06-08, 2:07 am
Week 3:
weight: 241lbs +8lbs from last week

I am not sure how I gained 8lbs. I have been sticking to my meal plan no cheat meals, no supps, just hardcore lifting. I did get my water pill prescription refilled and started back today and I do know the first day you take it after being off a few days you retain water. I just cant believe I would have picked up 8lbs. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions about this?

Workout:

Chest:
Flat bench 5x8: 135, 155, 175, 195, 215
Incline DB press 4x8: 65, 70, 75, 80
Flat DB fly 3x8: 50, 55, 60
Close grip bench 4x8: 135, 155, 175x4, didnt make 4th set

Biceps:
BB curls 4x8: 65, 85, 105, didnt make 4th set
Close EZ bar curls 4x8: 65, 85, 105, 115x4

Calves:
Standing 4x12: 255, 275, 295, 315
Seated 4x12: 2 45s, 3 45s, 4 45s, 4 45s

Starting my third week I am really in a groove now. I have a lot of homework to complete this last week of classes going into finals; however, I refuse to miss a workout. Have had to really manage my time wisely in order to get everything done each day but, its going well. I am feeling very good about myself and very pleased with my daily effort at the gym. I am feeling a lot stronger after two weeks and starting to see more definition in my arms, shoulders, and back. This progress has really given me a boost to keep working hard to reach my goal. I may not lose as much weight as I had originally planned because I am lifting so hard but, I am not as worried about weight as I am bf%. All in all, I am happy with my progress so far and look forward to continually seeing progress each week as my workouts continue.

Thank you family for all your support it really means so much to me knowing I have all of you behind me. I know many of you are on your own journeys and yet you still take the time to come by and offer your ideas, opinions, and support. Thank you all again. Keep pushing hard and I will make sure to be more active in my support for each of you as my schedule allows more time. Please know each of you are in my thoughts and prayers even if I dont stop by your pages as often as I would like.

nice wo man.. 115x4, very nice sir!

the water retention?, are you eating alot of sodium? that would def do it... and i know nothing about water pills.. so im def no help there..
and apparently its possible to gain some muscle on a cut... ive been stuck at the same weight for over 2 weeks and im not eating carbs!!!!! tempus said that since i have alot of rest time cause my injury=more grow time... and if yur getting your EFAs apprently you can grow as well.. all things to ponder..

support is where we are here to give and to get! i cant tell yall how much yall have boosted my confidence in dieting and training.. and its always nice to have someone suffering through a cut to help ya through... dont wory about the weight man itll come down.. liek ya said bf% is the thing to concentrate on..

GOOD LUCK on finals and training

French57
05-06-08, 9:48 am
nice wo man.. 115x4, very nice sir!

the water retention?, are you eating alot of sodium? that would def do it... and i know nothing about water pills.. so im def no help there..
and apparently its possible to gain some muscle on a cut... ive been stuck at the same weight for over 2 weeks and im not eating carbs!!!!! tempus said that since i have alot of rest time cause my injury=more grow time... and if yur getting your EFAs apprently you can grow as well.. all things to ponder..

support is where we are here to give and to get! i cant tell yall how much yall have boosted my confidence in dieting and training.. and its always nice to have someone suffering through a cut to help ya through... dont wory about the weight man itll come down.. liek ya said bf% is the thing to concentrate on..

GOOD LUCK on finals and training

The only sodium I am getting is whatever is naturally in the foods I am eating. I think it is possible that I did gain some muscle weight. My doctor has had me on a water pill for about a year because I guess my body naturally retains excessive amounts of water. So I know that some of the 8lbs came from that. Guess I was just upset that I have been eating so good and working my butt off in the gym and I had gained weight. Not to concerned because I know from week to week weight will change but at the end of the program I will be down weight and have lower bf%. Its all part of the struggles of losing weight and gaining muscle.

This place is great for me. I have always been a very supportive friend to all my friends in whatever they are doing but, I dont always seem to get the same support when I need it. So to be here and have people whom I do not know show so much support for me and my journey is such a blessing.

Keep working hard bro and know if you need anything I am always here for you.

Most of my homework is caught up only two papers left to write by friday and then finals. As long as all my finals go well I will finally graduate. Well I have to do an internship this summer and it will be official. What a relief it will be to finally accomplish what is probably the biggest goal in my life. When I get that diploma I will finally have more time to focus on what I love most and that is helping other people who have been delt a tough hand in life.

French57
05-06-08, 10:36 pm
Legs:

Squats 5x8: 225, 245, 265, 285, 305 (bar was really uncomfortable today)

Leg presses 4x8: 360, 450, 540, 630

Stiff Leg Deads 4x8: 135, 155, 175, 185

Leg extensions 4x8: 140, 160, 180, 200

Leg Curls 4x8: 110, 130, 150, 170 x .5 (hamstrings werent going for reps of 170)

Pretty good day. I know it could have been better long day just couldnt seem to find the same energy I normally have. I think the stress of the end of the school semester is catching up to me. No excuses though I should have gone harder.

Peace & Blessings to all

SQUAT or DIE!
05-07-08, 12:40 am
Legs:

Squats 5x8: 225, 245, 265, 285, 305 (bar was really uncomfortable today)

Leg presses 4x8: 360, 450, 540, 630

Stiff Leg Deads 4x8: 135, 155, 175, 185

Leg extensions 4x8: 140, 160, 180, 200

Leg Curls 4x8: 110, 130, 150, 170 x .5 (hamstrings werent going for reps of 170)

Pretty good day. I know it could have been better long day just couldnt seem to find the same energy I normally have. I think the stress of the end of the school semester is catching up to me. No excuses though I should have gone harder.

Peace & Blessings to all

pretty sweet leg day there..

im having energy problems lately as well.. sleep may be something to do with it, but hell its summer time, so all i have to do is work and lift

French57
05-07-08, 2:45 pm
pretty sweet leg day there..

im having energy problems lately as well.. sleep may be something to do with it, but hell its summer time, so all i have to do is work and lift

Sleep is definitely an issue. havent been getting much the last few days. Once this week is over and final exams are complete I will be back to my regular sleep schedule.

French57
05-07-08, 2:48 pm
Today is strictly rest. I would do cardio but, unfortunately too much school work to do.

Cardio hasnt been a problem since I started just walking on the treadmill. My body and mind dont seem to get as bored. Could be because I am keeping my bpm around 134. With high impact I normally get bored cause I am used to playing basketball or some other sport so being on a machine gets boring.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Peace & Blessings

SQUAT or DIE!
05-07-08, 2:51 pm
Sleep is definitely an issue. havent been getting much the last few days. Once this week is over and final exams are complete I will be back to my regular sleep schedule.

i dont have a regular sleep schedule

French57
05-07-08, 3:34 pm
i dont have a regular sleep schedule

lol me either really. Normally, I can get like 5-6hrs but lately its more like 3 hrs or so.. Ideally I would get 8-9 hrs but, this isnt a perfect world lol

live2lift
05-07-08, 6:15 pm
Solid workouts bro...keep that shit up.

Peace

French57
05-07-08, 6:39 pm
Solid workouts bro...keep that shit up.

Peace

Live,

Thanks for stopping by and showing your support. I definitely appreciate it. Hope all is well with you. Continue kicking ass bro

SQUAT or DIE!
05-07-08, 7:14 pm
lol me either really. Normally, I can get like 5-6hrs but lately its more like 3 hrs or so.. Ideally I would get 8-9 hrs but, this isnt a perfect world lol

in a perfect world i would live above a gym (with an elevator for leg days), sleep 12 hrs a day lift for a few then rest til i slept again,and have a gf that cooked all my meals and lifted too..

ive been managing 5-6 last few days, except last night.. a good 11 hrs, cause i was drained from all my exams that day and i had PT and lifting today so i wanted to be ready

French57
05-07-08, 8:46 pm
in a perfect world i would live above a gym (with an elevator for leg days), sleep 12 hrs a day lift for a few then rest til i slept again,and have a gf that cooked all my meals and lifted too..

ive been managing 5-6 last few days, except last night.. a good 11 hrs, cause i was drained from all my exams that day and i had PT and lifting today so i wanted to be ready

ok ok, in a perfect world I would have a nice big house with a nice workout center and Ant as my personal trainer. sleep, workout, enjoy my wife (lol) play with the kids a bit, sleep, and get up tomorrow and do it all over again... Oh yeah and win a WSM and Mr. Olympia in the same year lmao

Oh shit I must have been dreaming.. ok sorry im back to reality now lol

Hoomgar
05-08-08, 10:01 am
Today is strictly rest. I would do cardio but, unfortunately too much school work to do.

Cardio hasnt been a problem since I started just walking on the treadmill. My body and mind dont seem to get as bored. Could be because I am keeping my bpm around 134. With high impact I normally get bored cause I am used to playing basketball or some other sport so being on a machine gets boring.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Peace & Blessings

Ya gotta recover sometime man. What's up next?

SQUAT or DIE!
05-08-08, 1:59 pm
ok ok, in a perfect world I would have a nice big house with a nice workout center and Ant as my personal trainer. sleep, workout, enjoy my wife (lol) play with the kids a bit, sleep, and get up tomorrow and do it all over again... Oh yeah and win a WSM and Mr. Olympia in the same year lmao

Oh shit I must have been dreaming.. ok sorry im back to reality now lol

SHIT i forgot myy WSM title... thanks for reminding me..

French57
05-08-08, 8:40 pm
Ya gotta recover sometime man. What's up next?

Last week of classes and then finals next week.

Other than that just getting bigger and stronger while busting my ass at the gym.

How are things with you? What you got going on?

Hoomgar
05-09-08, 10:53 am
Last week of classes and then finals next week.

Other than that just getting bigger and stronger while busting my ass at the gym.

How are things with you? What you got going on?

Finals are a good thing man. They suck, but they mean the end of it for another season!

I'm currently doing sort of a recomp. Feel free to jump in and check out my Journey bro. It's in my sig.

French57
05-09-08, 10:36 pm
Back:

kneeling cable crucifix 4x8: 110 120 130 140

Reverse BB rows 4x8: 135 155 175 195x3

DB rows 4x8: 80 85 90 95

Lat pulldowns: 200x4 210x2 220x1

Seated Row: 200x6 220x6 240x3

Shoulders:

BB shrugs 4x8: 275 315 365 405x5 lost my grip

Rear shrugs 3x8: 275 315 365

DB shrugs 5x10: 75 80 85 90 95 (should have started with 90s this was too easy)

Today was amazing. I felt incredibly strong and wanted to continue but, I didnt want to over do it (girlfriend is coming over tomorrow lol)

Vaze_06
05-09-08, 10:56 pm
Back:

kneeling cable crucifix 4x8: 110 120 130 140

Reverse BB rows 4x8: 135 155 175 195x3

DB rows 4x8: 80 85 90 95

Lat pulldowns: 200x4 210x2 220x1

Seated Row: 200x6 220x6 240x3

Shoulders:

BB shrugs 4x8: 275 315 365 405x5 lost my grip

Rear shrugs 3x8: 275 315 365

DB shrugs 5x10: 75 80 85 90 95 (should have started with 90s this was too easy)

Today was amazing. I felt incredibly strong and wanted to continue but, I didnt want to over do it (girlfriend is coming over tomorrow lol)

nice w/o bro^^
have fun with your gurl!

French57
05-09-08, 11:07 pm
nice w/o bro^^
have fun with your gurl!

Thanks V... I cant wait to see your workouts when you start back..

SQUAT or DIE!
05-10-08, 2:27 am
nice w/o bro^^
have fun with your gurl!

*cheesey 70's porn music* GO FRENCH GO FRENCH!!!
btw we are trying to be a bit more personal on my thread so we gave our real names... whats yours? and your address? i wanna stalk you :) lol.. jk man

Thanks V... I cant wait to see your workouts when you start back..

I have a feeling V is going to be logging some impressive numbers this summer... and i know for damn sure they will be intense wo's and im sure some machie-esk motivational type shit..

Vaze_06
05-10-08, 11:28 am
*cheesey 70's porn music* GO FRENCH GO FRENCH!!!
btw we are trying to be a bit more personal on my thread so we gave our real names... whats yours? and your address? i wanna stalk you :) lol.. jk man

Lmao!... and again...
bro aren't trying to make us understand something???!... hmm like maybe you wanna come out of the closet??! come on! u wanna stalk French....
being a woman i have a more sentive side.... therefore more able to read underline the secrets...
i'm here to support you know!:P AHahaha
just messing with u bro;p

[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling V is going to be logging some impressive numbers this summer... and i know for damn sure they will be intense wo's and im sure some machie-esk motivational type shit..[/QUOTE]

^.^ thanks
but IMO you better not get your head to big to soon! lol
let's start by seeing what i'm able to bring on the table and after we can judge if it can be call impressive, intense....

SQUAT or DIE!
05-10-08, 12:55 pm
Lmao!... and again...
bro aren't trying to make us understand something???!... hmm like maybe you wanna come out of the closet??! come on! u wanna stalk French....
being a woman i have a more sentive side.... therefore more able to read underline the secrets...
i'm here to support you know!:P AHahaha
just messing with u bro;p

................................... your lucky i appreicate your sense of humor...

Vaze_06
05-10-08, 1:04 pm
................................... your lucky i appreicate your sense of humor...

lmao!!!

sorry bro... i couldn't resist:p ...
lucky i know that you dont take it personal and know that i'm just kidding... otherwise i wouldn't have post it...

French57
05-10-08, 7:18 pm
Shoulders:

Rear Military Presses 3x10: 135 135 135
Front Military Presses 3x10: 115 115 115
Bent over lats 3x12: 20 25 30x6

Couldnt take anymore my back and traps are killing me.

My name is French lol yall are crazy

SQUAT or DIE!
05-10-08, 7:21 pm
Shoulders:

Rear Military Presses 3x10: 135 135 135
Front Military Presses 3x10: 115 115 115
Bent over lats 3x12: 20 25 30x6

Couldnt take anymore my back and traps are killing me.

My name is French lol yall are crazy

you have no idea!! french? original name i suppose..

French57
05-10-08, 7:30 pm
you have no idea!! french? original name i suppose..

lmao its my last name

SQUAT or DIE!
05-10-08, 8:49 pm
lmao its my last name

oh ok that makes alot more sense... kinda feel like an idiot now

Vaze_06
05-10-08, 9:15 pm
lmao its my last name

bro i dont see of what you are scare....

i mean it's not like we're gonna search for you address, number and everything....
and even if we did and start stacking u...
dont worry! we are expert at this (Squat is a master at it, taught me everything about it! LOL)
you aint gonna notice it!! promise =)

hmm but if you see news bushes around your house that weren't there before... that's us! HAHAHAHA

just kidding :P

SQUAT or DIE!
05-10-08, 9:26 pm
bro i dont see of what you are scare....

i mean it's not like we're gonna search for you address, number and everything....
and even if we did and start stacking u...
dont worry! we are expert at this (Squat is a master at it, taught me everything about it! LOL)
you aint gonna notice it!! promise =)

hmm but if you see news bushes around your house that weren't there before... that's us! HAHAHAHA

just kidding :P

ah yes my young padawan have grown up... its touching really... lol

dont worry if you dont want to tell us its cool... as long as we have a name other than your forvm name to call you

French57
05-11-08, 10:39 am
ah yes my young padawan have grown up... its touching really... lol

dont worry if you dont want to tell us its cool... as long as we have a name other than your forvm name to call you

lmao @ being scared. Im used to being called French, in the military its always a last name thing. Anyway my first name is Richard. Which ever you prefer to call me is kool with me.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-11-08, 1:19 pm
lmao @ being scared. Im used to being called French, in the military its always a last name thing. Anyway my first name is Richard. Which ever you prefer to call me is kool with me.

lol alright...

French57
05-13-08, 2:14 am
Today was supposed to be a chest workout but, I needed a change. My mind isnt in the right place to train so I played basketball for three hours instead.

I dont know how much training I will get in this week because of finals. Its going to be hard to not train but I really need to focus on my school work. If I cant get it in this week you can believe I will be back next week training until I can barely walk to my car.

Until next time

Peace & Blessings

Pizzalamp
05-14-08, 12:21 am
Today was supposed to be a chest workout but, I needed a change. My mind isnt in the right place to train so I played basketball for three hours instead.

I dont know how much training I will get in this week because of finals. Its going to be hard to not train but I really need to focus on my school work. If I cant get it in this week you can believe I will be back next week training until I can barely walk to my car.

Until next time

Peace & Blessings

hey man i hear ya...this week is gonna be rough on me too

SQUAT or DIE!
05-14-08, 4:22 am

Until next time

Peace & Blessings

man grades get you a job not size or strength... i barely and i mean barely manage to pass my classes...

Best of luck to you sir!

French57
05-20-08, 2:33 am
Chest:

decline cable raises: 60x12x2
flat DB press 4x15: 55, 60, 60x8, 55
Incline DB fly: 30x18, 35x15, 40x14

Front/Side Delts:

Seated DB press: 30x25x1
Reverse ez bar presses: 45sx22 (PR) 45sx16
Standing side lat raises: 20x12, 15x7

After a week off I thought my body would be well rested and ready to go. Well this workout sucked; lacked energy and my strength wasnt great.

5 wks remaining in my cut phase and I've only seemed to gain weight. Changing my lifting exercises and upping my cardio to elliptical starting with 20 mins and increasing 10-15 mins each week. Finally got a little extra money so I placed my order for Universal Nutrition Carni-Tech, Universal Nutrition GH Max, and Universal Nutrition Uni-Liver.

Has anyone tried uni's sterol complex? thoughts and opinions?

Anyway, sorry I havent been around much to comment on your journeys. Hope everyone is well.

Peace & Blessings

SQUAT or DIE!
05-20-08, 11:17 am
very nice wo after a week off...

ghost
05-20-08, 11:21 am
Keep kicking ass French! What branch were you in?

French57
05-20-08, 2:31 pm
very nice wo after a week off...

looking to kill legs today.

French57
05-20-08, 2:32 pm
Keep kicking ass French! What branch were you in?

US ARMY

French57
05-20-08, 10:46 pm
Legs:

Squats: 135x15x2, 185x6x2

Leg press: 360x12 450x12, 180x6 270x6 (single leg)

Extensions: 140x12x3

Curls: 110x12x2, 150x6x2

Calves: 255x15x2 315x5x2 (standing) 3 45x15x2, 6 45x5x2

This was my first time doing regular squats in about 7yrs. I usually use the smith machine so I can go heavier. I have decided to apply to the State Troopers so I got this brilliant idea to completely rework my workout routine to aim for more strength and explosion vs size. I dont know wtf I was thinking cause I am beat. Anyway had a great workout so lets hope it all pays off if and when I get accepted to the academy.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Peace & Blessings

SQUAT or DIE!
05-20-08, 10:54 pm
Legs:

This was my first time doing regular squats in about 7yrs. I usually use the smith machine so I can go heavier. I have decided to apply to the State Troopers so I got this brilliant idea to completely rework my workout routine to aim for more strength and explosion vs size. I dont know wtf I was thinking cause I am beat. Anyway had a great workout so lets hope it all pays off if and when I get accepted to the academy.

Peace & Blessings

yeah uhh smithy squats= no bueno... i do not care for them at all.. i have to use a differnet stance and well i just dont like em.. good to hear your doin the real thng again...

French57
05-20-08, 10:55 pm
yeah uhh smithy squats= no bueno... i do not care for them at all.. i have to use a differnet stance and well i just dont like em.. good to hear your doin the real thng again...

I used them so I could get low cause for some reason I cant seem to get low in reg squats so I tried the plates under my heels and wow my quads are angry with me right now. hopefully in a few weeks I will be used to reg squats and can lose the plates.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-20-08, 10:57 pm
I used them so I could get low cause for some reason I cant seem to get low in reg squats so I tried the plates under my heels and wow my quads are angry with me right now. hopefully in a few weeks I will be used to reg squats and can lose the plates.

never done plates under the feet.. they work well??

French57
05-20-08, 11:26 pm
never done plates under the feet.. they work well??

I could feel a real difference. It feels like it really isolated my lower quads. Im not sure if this is because I switched to reg squats or because of the plates. All I know for sure is my quads are on fire.

Gonna have to check around and see if there is anyone who knows for sure the benefits of plates under the heels.

Pizzalamp
05-21-08, 11:30 pm
Legs:

Peace & Blessings

good stuff man...hey i was gonna be a trooper...i got through a lot of the tests but then couldnt get out of work to go take one of the tests so my career was short lived...lol

French57
05-22-08, 11:14 pm
good stuff man...hey i was gonna be a trooper...i got through a lot of the tests but then couldnt get out of work to go take one of the tests so my career was short lived...lol

that definitely sucks. I pray I pass everything and get to the academy. Once I get there I know I will do well.

French57
05-22-08, 11:24 pm
Chest:

DB Flat: 65x12 70x10 80x8 95x6 PR

DB Fly: 55x10 55x8 60x6 PR

DB Incline: 60x10 65x8 80x6 95x5 PR

DB Fly: 60x10 65x8 80x6 (all PRs)

Think I am getting sick high fever all day hovering around 101, my body is really achy, and extremely sore. Honestly, feel like I got hit my a mack truck. Still pretty happy with my lifts considering I hit some PRs.

Hope everyone is well

Peace & Blessings

Pizzalamp
05-22-08, 11:27 pm
that definitely sucks. I pray I pass everything and get to the academy. Once I get there I know I will do well.

excellent mind set...the physcial was cool...pushups, sit reach, sit ups, and run...the run was brutal...i was under the weather that day...i felt like quitting each lap...but i kept going

French57
05-23-08, 10:28 pm
Biceps:

hammer curls:
40x12
45x12
50x8
55x8
60x4
65x4

BB curls:
95x10
115x6
135x6

High Cable Curls:
50x12
60x10
70x8
80x6

Triceps:

Dips:
BWx15
+25x10 (PR)
+45x5x2 (PR)

Pushdowns:
100x12
110x10
130x8
150x6

Kickbacks:
30x10
40x8
50x6

Solid workout today. Still fighting this cold but, I have goals to reach no sitting around throwing a damn pitty party for myself.

Hope everyone is well

Peace & Blessings

js71474
05-23-08, 10:51 pm
Good numbers bro, and props to you doing it while fighting a cold. I'm subd, keep up the good lifts!

SQUAT or DIE!
05-23-08, 10:56 pm
killer arm wo man...

French57
05-24-08, 2:09 pm
excellent mind set...the physcial was cool...pushups, sit reach, sit ups, and run...the run was brutal...i was under the weather that day...i felt like quitting each lap...but i kept going

yeah bro I hear you. I dont know when in the hell I would chase somebody for a mile and a half. shit, test my 40 yrd time or 100 meter run damn lol. So hopefully my running program will help with that a bit. not good for the muscles but great for endurance.

French57
05-24-08, 2:11 pm
Good numbers bro, and props to you doing it while fighting a cold. I'm subd, keep up the good lifts!

Thanks for the support. Only plan to improve.

Hope all is well

French57
05-24-08, 2:13 pm
killer arm wo man...

preciate it Steven. I was impressed with my dips considering it was the first time I added weight to them... guess maybe I am getting stronger lol

Vaze_06
05-24-08, 2:38 pm
i'm with Squatty
you killed in this wo
nice^^

SQUAT or DIE!
05-24-08, 2:39 pm
preciate it Steven. I was impressed with my dips considering it was the first time I added weight to them... guess maybe I am getting stronger lol

thall happen when you bust ass...

French57
05-25-08, 10:13 am
i'm with Squatty
you killed in this wo
nice^^

lol @ squatty... classic nickname

Pizzalamp
05-26-08, 11:06 pm
Biceps:

hammer curls:
40x12
45x12
50x8
55x8
60x4
65x4

BB curls:
95x10
115x6
135x6

High Cable Curls:
50x12
60x10
70x8
80x6

Triceps:

Dips:
BWx15
+25x10 (PR)
+45x5x2 (PR)

Pushdowns:
100x12
110x10
130x8
150x6

Kickbacks:
30x10
40x8
50x6

Solid workout today. Still fighting this cold but, I have goals to reach no sitting around throwing a damn pitty party for myself.

Hope everyone is well

Peace & Blessings
good stuff bro

French57
05-27-08, 10:42 pm
good stuff bro

Thank you. Always appreciate your visit

French57
05-27-08, 10:49 pm
Back:

Cleans: 155x8x3

Cable Rows: (wide grip)
130x10
160x8
200x6
250x4 PR

Cable Crucifix:
100x10x2
120x8x2
150x6x2

DB row:
100x10
110x8
115x6
120x10 PR

Should have just done 140x10x4 I dont know wtf I was thinking.

Shoulders:

DB military press:
70x6x3
85x5 PR
85x3

Rear Shrugs:
275x8x2
365x6x2
455x4x2 PR

I was in a bad mood today and did the weights ever pay for it. Im glad to see my back is steadily progressing. I just wish I could push as hard as I pull. Its a mental fear of dropping weight on myself just not sure how to overcome it.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Peace & Blessings

Pizzalamp
05-27-08, 11:06 pm
damn man...that was a brutal back day...great job on your db rows...i love the stretch i can get on them...thats great ya back is developing well

SQUAT or DIE!
05-27-08, 11:36 pm
damn man thats a hell of a back day....

French57
05-28-08, 12:11 am
damn man...that was a brutal back day...great job on your db rows...i love the stretch i can get on them...thats great ya back is developing well

Yeah it was a great wo. I dont know it seems like I cant push my back hard enough. I keep increasing weight and my back laughs at me lol. DB rows are my favorite back exercise the stretch is incredible too bad my gym only goes up to 120lbs DBs. back is getting huge just hope I can get my chest to grow faster.

damn man thats a hell of a back day....

I love it. I used to love doing legs but, back is my new favorite. Trying to get a back like some of the pics on the homepage of this site.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-28-08, 12:39 am
I love it. I used to love doing legs but, back is my new favorite. Trying to get a back like some of the pics on the homepage of this site.

TRADER!!! lol well we all have a fave part to train...

i think a back like that is the aspiration of many of the legion.... someday it will happen... knock out them Tbars and itll happen

French57
05-28-08, 12:46 am
TRADER!!! lol well we all have a fave part to train...

i think a back like that is the aspiration of many of the legion.... someday it will happen... knock out them Tbars and itll happen

Trader? Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me lmao

I want a back like the pics, a huge chest, and legs of a marathon runner lmao... oh and a serious set of 8 pack abs.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-28-08, 12:54 am
Trader? Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me lmao

I want a back like the pics, a huge chest, and legs of a marathon runner lmao... oh and a serious set of 8 pack abs.

my words should make you work harder!

lol.. i dont think your legs will be able to support your upper body... you need a good foundation to build a house man...

French57
05-28-08, 3:55 pm
my words should make you work harder!

lol.. i dont think your legs will be able to support your upper body... you need a good foundation to build a house man...

You know what you just might have a point there lol. nah but I dont want huge legs. I naturally have bigger legs and I hate it. Too hard trying to find pants that fit right. If I get my right waist size to tight on the legs feel like a girl trying to find pants lmao.

As long as I make sure my marathon legs are re-enforced with steel rebar I will be good lol just gotta figure out how to get steel rebar in my legs.