PDA

View Full Version : Ground Beef Recipes?

AnthonyB
04-21-08, 4:29 pm
So yeah...i'm getting real bored with my ground beef on the foreman, what can I do to dress it up more. i know of a few simple ideas but more wont hurt at all

IRBS
04-21-08, 4:31 pm
Get a pan out, start cooking your ground beef. As its cooking Chop up a Green Bell Pepper and an Onion, once the meat turns brown, throw them in. When it is almost done, throw some Provalone on top, cover and let the cheese melt.

You can cook up a potato or rice to go with it.

Then eat all of it. Garunteed to put meat on your bones!

mdh84
04-21-08, 4:35 pm
Hot Sauce!!! Makes everything good to me.

AnthonyB
04-21-08, 4:36 pm
Get a pan out, start cooking your ground beef. As its cooking Chop up a Green Bell Pepper and an Onion, once the meat turns brown, throw them in. When it is almost done, throw some Provalone on top, cover and let the cheese melt.

My MAN!!

AnthonyB
04-21-08, 4:38 pm
Hot Sauce!!! Makes everything good to me.

i agree..thats what i use on my chicken, i just like ground beef a little better

BigBlueBear
04-21-08, 4:42 pm
What I do is take a few red potato's and chop them up real nice and pan fry them in a little bit of olive oil. After that, I pull them out and then throw in the beef to brown up.

Drain off the fat and get the beef out of there for a sec. Throw the beef and potato's back into pan and then add a thing of sloppy joe mix and the fixing's. Let that reduce down for 10-15 minutes. It'll last ya 2 meals at least for a 1lb of ground beef.

ironman_KIMO
04-21-08, 4:49 pm
I add Ragu for taste.

tanktwism
04-21-08, 4:56 pm
I like to add some basil and black better. Gives it a damn good taste.

And yeah - green salsa on top.

John-TNS
04-21-08, 10:42 pm
I add ketchup and muatard to mine. 8oz ground beef and 1 cup of brown rice is a great mass meal!

Bear
04-21-08, 10:46 pm
Meat Loaf

zanderfever
04-21-08, 10:47 pm
I use unflavored ground beef with 1 sweet potato, mash together and chow down. I think Wrath might have done this as well? I don't know for sure, but all I know is that i've been doing it for a while and it works

pmug0000
04-21-08, 10:54 pm
I use unflavored ground beef with 1 sweet potato, mash together and chow down. I think Wrath might have done this as well? I don't know for sure, but all I know is that i've been doing it for a while and it works

Very similar - he did it with yams.

pmug0000
04-21-08, 10:57 pm
Just add some spices, i.e. garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper - they are all calorie free ways add some flavor.

Brick By Brick
04-21-08, 11:02 pm
McCormick Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning. Add 1 TBSP to 1 lb of ground beef or sirloin.

zanderfever
04-21-08, 11:13 pm
Very similar - he did it with yams.

Ahhh, question though, arent yams and sweet potatos the same thing?

LegendKillerJosh
04-21-08, 11:19 pm
Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf is the ultimate in mass-gaining meals. The amino profile from Beef, Veal and Pork all combined (and you can even add eggs to mix to if you want). Add some potatoes and carrots and by god you have the tastiest mass builder out there (along with Chilli made with beef, beans and cheese).

pmug0000
04-21-08, 11:20 pm
Ahhh, question though, arent yams and sweet potatos the same thing?

No they're different.

zanderfever
04-21-08, 11:49 pm
No they're different.

Ahhh, well. Close enough.

born0withno0soul
04-22-08, 3:11 am
i like dicing up jalepenos, onions, and parsley and mixing it into the beef and making burgers iwht it. also put some lee & perrins worcester? sauce in it before cooking as well.

GRUNT
04-22-08, 4:09 am
add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce...shit man just season it up...throw lowfat cheese in the mix and voila...

AnthonyB
04-22-08, 4:11 pm
yeah i have seasoned it up and wasnt a fan of it. i like a lot of the ideas i read so far

born0withno0soul
04-28-08, 6:33 am
go to the store and buy packets of taco seasoning and there are also usually other types of pre-packaged seasoning to choose fromas well.

MassMan
04-28-08, 9:16 pm
Personal favorite... called 3M (MassManMeal)

3 medium potatoes
Onion
1lb ground beef
Garlic
Chili sauce

chop onions and potatoes, mince garlic and throw in pan with ground beef. Add chili sauce and stir.

Eat out of pan.

Pizzalamp
04-28-08, 9:23 pm

3 medium potatoes
Onion
1lb ground beef
Garlic
Chili sauce

chop onions and potatoes, mince garlic and throw in pan with ground beef. Add chili sauce and stir.

Eat out of pan.

woah! that sounds incredible!!

MassMan
04-28-08, 9:24 pm
woah! that sounds incredible!!

It's pretty good. I like ground beef, hell, I like ALL beef, and potatoes, onion, garlic, and chili sauce, and so I thought, "why not combine them all?" and so I did. Eat it every other day.

AnthonyB
04-29-08, 5:36 pm
that sounds awesome MM. now that i lost this "bad" weight i was carrying around i need to add good size. tons of ground beef

Derr87
04-29-08, 11:56 pm

3 medium potatoes
Onion
1lb ground beef
Garlic
Chili sauce

Eat out of pan.

i gotta try that..i doubt i finish it but damn it sounds good

Also, you can also make meatballs out of the ground beef, but i'm not sure whether you would want to put so much time into seasoning the beef and then rolling it and cooking it..it's an idea though.

born0withno0soul
04-30-08, 3:46 am
damn that last mean stated does sound good. i love anything with sauteed vegetables

jesse45690
05-15-08, 10:05 pm
Mrs. Dash.

InkdMuscle
05-15-08, 10:11 pm

Another variation. Instead of cheese i throw everything else in and to add some kick horseradish and some seasoning(what ever your taste buds like).

bloodsimple1234
05-21-08, 2:13 pm
Another variation. Instead of cheese i throw everything else in and to add some kick horseradish and some seasoning(what ever your taste buds like).

horseradish is some good stuff. I can see myself liking that a lot! thanks for the idea!

McFly
05-21-08, 2:28 pm
all winter i'd cook 4-6 pounds with a packet of taco seasoning....very tasty especially mixed with your rice.

Nole1
05-21-08, 3:50 pm
1/2 cup diced red onion
2 diced jalepenos
1 can kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
2 lbs Ground beef
black pepper & garlic salt to taste.....

thelunchbox
07-30-08, 9:15 pm
I agree with the taco seasoning it is a nice change. Add butt rub to plain patties.

bigrhino
08-10-08, 5:06 pm
Do them in a skillet. When the beef is done, drain it in a colander. Then, put it back in the skillet with some whisked eggs.

joe-yamma
08-10-08, 6:27 pm
oh ground beef, how i love thee, let me count the ways... haha
bro, what CAN'T you do w/ ground beef?

lean ground beef, browned in a good non-stick pan, add:
onions, peppers, tomatos, yams or potatos, etc...
rice or pasta, cheese,
tomato sauce, sloppy joe mix, taco seasoning, fajita seasoning, any seasoning mix that you like,

the list goes on and on and on...

when bulking, i just cooked up some small potatos or rice in the microwave and then
added it to the browned ground beef along with seasonings, garlic, salt, pepper, etc.
it worked perfectly.

i also made hamburger helper...
usually used 2 or 3lbs of beef rather than just 1lb as the box stated...
then added extra rice or pasta as well.

now that i'm cutting, i just get ground sirloin patties or very lean ground beef from my
local butcher and grill up the patties on the gas grill.

thelunchbox
08-12-08, 9:50 pm
cheese makes everything better

JRunez
10-13-09, 9:08 pm
i get a skillet nice and hot and spray it with extra virgin olive oil spray or pam.. then saute chopped onions and garlic then add 1lb ground beef when cooked drain fat and add 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1/4cup vinegar sprinke with black pepper and cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes on low.. enjoy!