PDA

View Full Version : Reviews: Shock Therapy

The Epidemic
02-02-07, 3:50 am
any one ever use it? I dont really like it. Im goin to try to NO3 or pump next pay check

badabing
02-02-07, 6:18 am
any one ever use it? I dont really like it. Im goin to try to NO3 or pump next pay checkI like it better then alot of the stuff out there...I seem to get pumped with it and stay pumped...other brands seem to bottom out on me to early

man in black
02-02-07, 8:45 am
I've got no problem with it. I like Pump too, but wanted to come off of it for a while and try something different. ST was it. It or Pump, they both work well for me.

Jeff

J-Dawg
02-02-07, 9:33 am
It's a solid pre-workout NO booster/energizer powder. I switch up between this and Pump every few months. What didn't ya like about the ST?

dragondad
02-02-07, 9:41 am
I like it but, it really doesn't kick in for me until I'm into a couple of sets. On leg day I hit the bike to warm up before squats and I'm ready to go. Guess everyone's different.

D-Bomb
02-02-07, 11:56 am
Shock therapy has been the single most best supp i have used ever, because of the energy and focus/strength i get from it. i do not understand with all the nootropics and etc in it that you cant get a great buzz going?

but each to their own see how Nox3/pump does.

Maximus
02-02-07, 12:07 pm
I love the stuff but, it takes about 25min for it to kick in on me and I kinda get a lil gross feeling a lil bit after I take it but then it subsides...awesome product!

NEW B
02-02-07, 12:19 pm
yo this stuff works great for me i like the energy and focus and strength it gives me i stack it with stom and love it best combo i have ever took

Freakshow
02-02-07, 12:27 pm
I was a devoted ST user till Pump came along. Cant really go wrong with either though.

Bear
02-02-07, 12:27 pm
Shock therapy has been the single most best supp i have used ever, because of the energy and focus/strength i get from it. i do not understand with all the nootropics and etc in it that you cant get a great buzz going?

but each to their own see how Nox3/pump does.

I gotta go with D on this. Shock Therapy has been and will continue to be the best pre-workout drink I will ever use. I usually drink it about 20 minutes before hand and sometimes take sips of if in between my sets. Doing this has provided some seriouslt wicked pumps and noticable gains in my strength. But hey, to each his own.

Toni69
02-02-07, 1:20 pm
So far, I cannot complain. I take Pump a couple hours after my breakfast because I train at about 1130am. I drink Shock Therapy during my warm-up...by the time I start lifting, I feel really good and by the mid of my training I am pumped. If I start feeling drained, I eat a bar (Animal Snak) or I take those carb gels and I am back on track.

There is always that chance that what works for one person may not have the same effect on another. Its all about trial and error and finding what works best for you. Timing is important too. If you feel its not kicking in at the right time..then try a different method when taking these supps. Try before breakfast or like me, a couple hours after I eat. Find what works best and stick with that.

ldskenpo
02-02-07, 5:36 pm
i have only been using shock therapy a couple weeks, ave used pump before and loved it. it may be attributed to other factors, but this whole week when i work out, i zone out to a point that an hour to an hour and a half pass before i know it. and i look aropund at the weights i am using, all at or beyond pr's for me. I want to continue using shcok therapy,it has a bit of a mediciny taste to me, but the results are worth it.

Essexfreak
02-04-07, 10:18 am
It's great stuff. Much prefer it to NO-Xplode or NO-Shotgun, tastes better and doesn't gimme the shits!

One scoop of that and my Nitro and 30 mins later I'm good to go!

Torque757
02-04-07, 10:20 pm
I am really interested in this shock therapy product, the only problem is I am always warry of anything with "proprietary blends". Alot of NO supps suggest 3 caps twice a day, you think there enough arganine to replace one of those servings(instead of the 3 caps, I would be drinking a sercing of shock therapy)

Torque757
02-04-07, 10:33 pm
Well, just put an order in for some shock therapy along with some whey and dextrose... shold be here in a few days, cant wait to try it...

MELTDOWN
02-04-07, 10:45 pm
before Pump was bestowed upon us, Shock was the bees knees. like the rest of the world, i combined it with Storm. I still alternate between Pump and Shock every month. the Shock has more servings than Pump, but, Like Toni69, i trickle ST into the system right before workouts while on the Pump cycle. good stuff, that there Shock, good stuff indeed.

deathdealer2134
02-05-07, 2:28 pm
My dad has always raised me to be a honest man and be a straight shooter....truth is bsn products like No-Xplode has a better overall taste than ST. Other than that i 9 outta 10 times i would chose ST over No-Xplode. For one the pumps last longer than No-Xplode and i dont feel bloated after taking ST. ALways St is much cheaper than those BSN products and me being the poor college kid that I am cant afford a BSN stack that cost 100 bucks compared to the ST/SHock stack that is just effective for half the cost

hjayss
02-10-07, 5:28 am
I just ordered the shock baby. I can not stand the taste of bsn that crap taste like weeelll crap had to hold my nose to get it down I know it aint about the taste I would eat sand if I knew it worked but I really did not see a change smelled great though ha ha ha .

k1usa
02-10-07, 8:34 am
I just started the UN Storm and Shock...after taking NO explode..and Gaspari Super Pump and Size on.....the Storm and Shock are my favorites now...like the lack of jutters with the UN products...they work plain and simple...the NO Xplode is fine....good pump but goes away fast....Gaspari is just plain expensive..works geat..but its to out of the price point I feel is workable for a consistant intake....I like the UN products..they work for me....and coming from a returning BB from a 23 year lay off...and now at 53...I can say the people at the gym that ask me my age...think Im a lieing sack of ......I train hard...try to rest...and eat well....and the storm and shock are my staples...they work...and Im sticking to this winning combination for now....Animals we are....Animial product we love....

navarro1
02-11-07, 11:25 pm
i just received a sample of STORM by the mail, im gonna try it on tuesday..
can anyone telll me how much better it is than XPLODE i had tried that a while before i discovered ANIMAL. i mean the only other supplement i would by now not UNIVERSAL brand is my protein shake, cuz i cna get a big 10lb bag.
but still tell me about STORM and also after how many times taking it do ya feel its effect the best..
.cuz im thinking about going thru a container if you guys say some good shit.
Anyways keep lifting brothers

Ricky P
04-14-07, 1:45 pm
I'm about to order this - probably in the next ten minutes - my question is flavor related. What flavors did you guys use? Which one's would you recommend? Wild Punch or Grape?

Ricky P
04-14-07, 1:45 pm
I'm also thinking about stacking it with Torrent - what do you all think about that, instead of the poopular Shock/Storm stack?

Budsbythebeach
04-14-07, 1:50 pm
Today will be my first workout on it, benchin, incline, deadlifts, bb rows.
Cross your fingers, ill tell you how it goes.

Ricky P
04-14-07, 1:50 pm
Haha, sounds good brother.

Budsbythebeach
04-14-07, 11:06 pm
Before i sound wrong i want to say ive been using No-2 products ( various ones ) since august w no stopping, so im due to cycle off.

I had my first workout on Shock today, to say this correctly, ive had better effects but only when i first started taking supps ( xplode ).
Now that i have been taking them for so long i havent gotten that same feeling, that buzz, that intensity.
Even with xplode or other good products.

Well today i got that buzz, that feeling, that add another plate, grunting while i do rack pulls, and fuck whos listening.

It was great I cant wait to try storm, but i need to quit all supps for a few weeks before i start again.

leafs43
04-15-07, 12:09 am
Before i sound wrong i want to say ive been using No-2 products ( various ones ) since august w no stopping, so im due to cycle off.

I had my first workout on Shock today, to say this correctly, ive had better effects but only when i first started taking supps ( xplode ).
Now that i have been taking them for so long i havent gotten that same feeling, that buzz, that intensity.
Even with xplode or other good products.

Well today i got that buzz, that feeling, that add another plate, grunting while i do rack pulls, and fuck whos listening.

It was great I cant wait to try storm, but i need to quit all supps for a few weeks before i start again.

Its good practice for something like no xplode to cycle on for 2 months off for 1 month. Because your body becomes used to the caffeine.

As far as shock therapy I couldn't say for sure because I am not sure what or if any stims are in it because i simply haven't read the ingredients

"6"
04-16-07, 2:29 pm
I'm also thinking about stacking it with Torrent - what do you all think about that, instead of the poopular Shock/Storm stack?

You could take Storm/Shock pre and then Torrent post dude. Works great for me.

wolfsburg2
11-03-07, 5:39 am
i took Shock Therapy samples and liked it. i think it is directly comparable to NO Xplode wihile being substancially cheaper.

That said, i have a tub of Shock Therapy on the way from DPS right now. :)

BigAnt
11-03-07, 6:56 am
I'm about to order this - probably in the next ten minutes - my question is flavor related. What flavors did you guys use? Which one's would you recommend? Wild Punch or Grape?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I throw, depending on body parts trained that day 1-1 1/2 scoops of Shock into an empty water bottle, soon as I walk into the gym, fill it with 1/2 ice water, down it, warm up, by my first wrok set, "I feel it in my system"

Both flavors are good, I prefer Grape!

wolfsburg2
11-03-07, 12:00 pm
I had a few samples of grape and once you get the water ratio down the taste is ok. the first time i tasted it it was like battery acid. The second time was MUCH better though. it seemed the more i drank the flavor the more i liked it.

It grew on me so much over those few samples that i ordered grape.

lightattheend
11-03-07, 12:20 pm
personally I prefer pump over shock therapy mostly because of the steadier energy release. I think the stims in shock therapy are a bit too much for me, and ocassionaly I would get a little sick feeling. pump worked great, so as soon as I finish this tub of ST i'll be getting pump again.

jonnydunz
12-03-07, 11:19 pm
i have to say that I tried a sample of Pump and I had a great workout on it and felt really good several days later. I had a sample of shock therapy and I did not feel the same way as I did on the Pump. I did order Shock because of the servings, but once I am done with it, I will be ordering the Pump. It just worked better for me and I felt great in the gym.

Mr. Dead
03-17-09, 11:29 am
"As far as I can tell, this is one of the best, if not the best, priced pwo supp. One scoop is all you need."

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=114860811

mritter3
03-17-09, 1:14 pm
i love shock about every 3 months i switch between shock therapy and pump, just so i don't get used to the same product, either one gets me ready and focused for my training.

Mr. Dead
06-29-09, 12:26 pm
"Results: 9/10 Felt damn good doing my leg workout today!"

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117334401

Pistola
07-20-09, 12:27 pm
What's up. I tried the blue rasp shock therapy today and I felt I got nothing out of it. It was a sample packet I picked up from a recent abc. Should I double up the dosage?? or switch to pump instead. I had it on an empty stomach at 545am. Thanks

Aggression
07-20-09, 12:32 pm
What's up. I tried the blue rasp shock therapy today and I felt I got nothing out of it. It was a sample packet I picked up from a recent abc. Should I double up the dosage?? or switch to pump instead. I had it on an empty stomach at 545am. Thanks

Have you been on pre workouts for a while? Are you highly tolerant to stimulants? I usually get a hit from it about 20min after taking it. With Pump, you don't really 'notice' it hitting you, rather you just feel yourself not slowing down, if you can grasp what I mean.

Appollonian
07-20-09, 12:34 pm
You may not be sensitive to the stimulants, or you may be semi-immune to the effects of the stimulants.

Everytime I take a serving, I feel it within 10 minutes, but if I've been taking too much caffiene over a several day period, I don't get the same feeling.

I hope this info helps.

Pistola
07-20-09, 1:42 pm
Yes I have

noxplode- which was ok till the last couple of days.After taking it, I felt that the pump kinda wore off.

Superpump- I would say I had the same pump from beginning to end.

I havent takin an no supp in a long time. Maybe ill try pump. Is there anything else universal makes that'll gimme a boost during w/o. Thanks

Aggression
07-20-09, 1:49 pm
Yes I have

noxplode- which was ok till the last couple of days.After taking it, I felt that the pump kinda wore off.

Superpump- I would say I had the same pump from beginning to end.

I havent takin an no supp in a long time. Maybe ill try pump. Is there anything else universal makes that'll gimme a boost during w/o. Thanks

Pump and Shock Therapy are the two most well known pre workout boosters in terms of energy. I haven't come across anything else for straight energy.

Pistola
07-21-09, 3:53 pm
Question..... Can I take pump 45 min b4 working out then take a scoop of shock therapy 30 min b4 working out....kinda stackin them together.

Aggression
07-21-09, 3:57 pm
Question..... Can I take pump 45 min b4 working out then take a scoop of shock therapy 30 min b4 working out....kinda stackin them together.

For most, that will be a bit of an overload. However, some people do it this way with great results. See what happens and let us know

BigDubbDiesel
07-21-09, 4:03 pm
fuck yeah man, just remember to breathe in-between super sets!

Pistola
07-22-09, 11:52 am
So here we go.... I took pump then washed it down wit some blue rasp ST. Totally kicked my ass into gear. Blew right through chest day followed by high intensity cardio. I give this combo two guns up!!