PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Animals

Pages : [1] 2 3

nrk5014
05-01-08, 5:10 pm
All the talk has been going on for too long without any action. Here's is a thread for the LI animals. So far, we were thinking about setting something up at the Powerhouse Gym in Syosset. It seems to be a good place for everyone and a solid gym, but other suggestions are welcome.

For me personally, I am most likely not going to be able to attend anything until after May 16th. But I'll be ready after then, without a doubt.

So here is the thread, let the posting begin!!

wes1
05-01-08, 6:47 pm
Count me in . I sometimes train at the House Of Power Gym in Garden City . It would be a great option for a future Long Island event .Heres the link : http://houseofpowergym.com/index.html

nrk5014
05-01-08, 7:35 pm
Count me in . I sometimes train at the House Of Power Gym in Garden City . It would be a great option for a future Long Island event .Heres the link : http://houseofpowergym.com/index.html

Arite no doubt, looks solid. We need more people up in here to see what we can do.

naturalguy
05-01-08, 8:40 pm
If we do it at Bev's Powerhouse this could be a huge event. I've had that gym on my radar for a while. We need to plan it right and pick a good date possibly July.

nrk5014
05-01-08, 8:59 pm
If we do it at Bev's Powerhouse this could be a huge event. I've had that gym on my radar for a while. We need to plan it right and pick a good date possibly July.

Any time sounds good. Could we get maybe a smaller event before that to loosen things up if people are available?

naturalguy
05-01-08, 9:15 pm
Any time sounds good. Could we get maybe a smaller event before that to loosen things up if people are available?

Your free to set something up if you like but I say we do it up right and plan it out. We have a NY event in May, also a Philly event at the end of May and a NJ event planned for June.

nrk5014
05-01-08, 9:27 pm
Your free to set something up if you like but I say we do it up right and plan it out. We have a NY event in May, also a Philly event at the end of May and a NJ event planned for June.

Okay. Sounds good to me. You're right, the first one should be hugeeee to set it off.

jer
05-02-08, 10:57 am
I've been wanting to get down to Bev's for a couple years now. I'll be checking back for dates.

ironshaolin
05-02-08, 12:29 pm
word up, I live on LI and I've been dying to make it to an ABC for a long time. Any chance you'll schedule one for a sunday so my work doesn't get in the way?? It seems every ABC falls on saturday, and I have some event at my dojo that keeps me from attending.

Universal Rep
05-02-08, 12:31 pm
For what it's worth, LI is big. If it's close to NYC, then we can roll in events together. On the other hand, if ti's more than an hour or so away, can be a distinct LI ABC event... What does everyone think?

nrk5014
05-02-08, 12:39 pm
For what it's worth, LI is big. If it's close to NYC, then we can roll in events together. On the other hand, if ti's more than an hour or so away, can be a distinct LI ABC event... What does everyone think?

so basically, if we set one up in western nassau, we could get NYC and LI people out. But if we also want, we can have exclusive LI events further out east?

I just want to make sure I understood that.

mikejones1
05-03-08, 8:11 pm
bevs in syosset sounds good. ill be there

nrk5014
05-03-08, 8:33 pm
bevs in syosset sounds good. ill be there

no doubt bro. my username is the same over at bb.com btw.

bigunz85
05-03-08, 8:38 pm
im from the island. Whevever u guys go im there. Peace

nrk5014
05-03-08, 9:05 pm
im from the island. Whevever u guys go im there. Peace

werd :)

bigunz85
05-04-08, 8:46 pm
werd :)

to ya mother lol. Sorry i had too haha

BiG in NYC 823
05-09-08, 12:09 pm
yo NRK, any updates?

naturalguy
05-09-08, 3:35 pm
What we need to do is pick a date in July or August preferably as we have several other local ABC's in May/June. Once we decide on a date we need to get in contact with Bev Francis's Powerhouse gym and confirm that it's ok to do it on that date, then we roll from there.

nrk5014
05-09-08, 4:33 pm
What we need to do is pick a date in July or August preferably as we have several other local ABC's in May/June. Once we decide on a date we need to get in contact with Bev Francis's Powerhouse gym and confirm that it's ok to do it on that date, then we roll from there.

I agree. We don't want to interfere with any other events happening. I figured tomorrow we can talk about some things. I'll be on vacation next week, and I just came off of finals, so I haven't established any contact with Powerhouse yet, but it will get done, rest assured.

chiefwrestling
05-10-08, 10:04 pm
i also live on long island and i would like it alot to attend this and see more gyms on the island and other serious bodybuilders

my only question is if there is an age restriction on attending an ABC event

nrk5014
05-10-08, 10:13 pm
i also live on long island and i would like it alot to attend this and see more gyms on the island and other serious bodybuilders

Awesome to hear dude. There is no age restriction. If you want to join us, you are more than welcome. It's good to lift with these guys and get motivated with them. At the NYC event today, me, BIG in NYC and zanderfeever all set dead PR's just from pushin each other, it was great. We'll have updates on the dates and what not very soon.

zanderfever
05-11-08, 12:26 pm

Hey, i'm 16 and yesterday I had an amazing time at an ABC. Trained with NRK and it was crazy. I'll try and get to this ABC in a second.

chiefwrestling
05-11-08, 3:01 pm
thats great to hear and im always up for a solid lifting session with good motivated people and i am really excited to get to this event so i will definately be there once a date is chosen

mikejones1
05-16-08, 12:15 am
lets go here fellas, what do we say bout august 17th

nrk5014
05-16-08, 8:27 pm
lets go here fellas, what do we say bout august 17th

We're tryin to fit in a big event in july, and maybe we can get a second in august.

zanderfever
05-16-08, 10:57 pm
We're tryin to fit in a big event in july, and maybe we can get a second in august.

While your at it, lets get a third one in

nrk5014
05-17-08, 9:31 am
While your at it, lets get a third one in

hahaha no doubttt

nrk5014
05-18-08, 9:28 pm
July 5th - Probably not a good date being that it's the day after the 4th of July.

July 12th

July 19th

July 26th

If July didn't workout, then first Saturday in August is the 2nd.

This is just a little FYI to keep everybody updated so we don't lose track of what we wanted to do.

mikejones1
05-18-08, 9:40 pm
im down bro. anytime earlier in the day would be good for me.

lets see whatever everyone else thinks

zanderfever
05-18-08, 9:48 pm
I'm up for anything. Just tell me when and i'll be there

Joey D
05-18-08, 10:11 pm
I'm in! Bangin in L.I

Peace,

Joe D

Vinny G
05-19-08, 8:04 am
count me in....let me know the date.

Enforcer
05-19-08, 8:19 am
July 5th - Probably not a good date being that it's the day after the 4th of July.

July 12th

July 19th

July 26th

This is just a little FYI to keep everybody updated so we don't lose track of what we wanted to do.

Nice bro. Glad to see that you are trying to make things happen in LI. I will def be at this ABC event whenever it may be

SizeMatters
05-19-08, 1:30 pm
fuck boys im down for anything let me know personally i train in all natural gym in lindenhurst but id go to jsut about anywhere...

Universal Rep
05-19-08, 1:47 pm
So which gyms on are on the short list fellas?

naturalguy
05-19-08, 2:13 pm

One - Bev Francis's Powerhouse

unless the L.I. crew wants to pick another gym

nrk5014
05-19-08, 4:33 pm

that's the one ;)

BiG in NYC 823
05-19-08, 4:57 pm

July 12th

July 19th

July 26th

Any day is fine with me!

I'm up for anything. Just tell me when and i'll be there

Better come! Will be another SICK training session, setting all new PR's!!

I'm in! Bangin in L.I

Peace,

Joe D

Would be an honor to have your presence in the building!

count me in....let me know the date.

Yet,another great honor!

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!! hahaha

zanderfever
05-20-08, 8:33 pm
Better come! Will be another SICK training session, setting all new PR's!!

Wouldn't have it any other way

Joey D
05-20-08, 9:38 pm
Sounds like a party! Count me in! Does anyone wanna play dumbells with me?

Peace,

Joe D

BiG in NYC 823
05-21-08, 9:27 am

Peace,

Joe D

haha..i'll be willing to try keeping up with ya...

nrk5014
05-21-08, 12:36 pm

405 deadlift? I'm calling it right now.

zanderfever
05-21-08, 3:42 pm

Peace,

Joe D

405 deadlift? I'm calling it right now.

I don't suppose a 4 man rotation would work?

mikejones1
05-21-08, 3:44 pm
do we got a date yet? who will be training what?
dont know if im up for deadlifting 405...lol

nrk5014
05-21-08, 7:40 pm
What dates are NOT good for most people. That is one way we can weed out some days. I'm liking the late July dates to be honest.

I will most likely be moving my friday back day to saturday!

zanderfever
05-21-08, 8:14 pm
What dates are NOT good for most people. That is one way we can weed out some days. I'm liking the late July dates to be honest.

We've got a new tradition here, I see

mikejones1
05-21-08, 11:59 pm
im thinking an a.m./early afternoon session would be good, and then we can eat after. ecsp if its on a saturday. whats everyone think?

but lets get a date worked out so we can get a head count

BiG in NYC 823
05-22-08, 8:46 am

We've got a new tradition here, I see

I think I would love this new tradition!

im thinking an a.m./early afternoon session would be good, and then we can eat after. ecsp if its on a saturday. whats everyone think?

but lets get a date worked out so we can get a head count

I think the best, as usual would be an early afternoon session..like the NYC ABC...around 3ish..and then afterward, we all go out to eat...

nrk5014
05-22-08, 11:18 am
I think I would love this new tradition!

I think the best, as usual would be an early afternoon session..like the NYC ABC...around 3ish..and then afterward, we all go out to eat...

I would have to agree on both counts.

kzimmer25
05-22-08, 9:25 pm
Im from eastern long island but wherever we hold it, im deff. there. About time we get the ball rollin on the Island. Any potential date?

nrk5014
05-22-08, 9:43 pm
Im from eastern long island but wherever we hold it, im deff. there. About time we get the ball rollin on the Island. Any potential date?

where you from?

July 12th

July 19th

July 26th

here are potential dates. I like the 19th and 26th best.

mikejones1
05-23-08, 1:08 am
i was hoping to workout at 1 or 2pm, i work in the evenings and that would be best for me, esp if were gona eat afterwords.

july 19th sounds good to me

BiG in NYC 823
05-23-08, 8:06 am
here are potential dates. I like the 19th and 26th best.

19th, 26th, next week, tomorrow! it all sounds good!!!

hahahaha..

naturalguy
05-23-08, 8:20 am
July 19th is not a great weekend for me.

I also think that when we pick a time it should be early afternoon like 1 pm as some people will be traveling from long distances and don't want get home too late.

BiG in NYC 823
05-23-08, 8:26 am
July 19th is not a great weekend for me.

Then i think, we are all in agreement not to have an ABC in NY without E...therefore scratch July 19th off the list..

naturalguy
05-23-08, 8:41 am
Then i think, we are all in agreement not to have an ABC in NY without E...therefore scratch July 19th off the list..

Thanks bro, I don't want to miss it.

Word is that there may be a Jersey ABC on July 12th (not set in stone yet) so I think we should shoot for July 26th.

Enforcer
05-23-08, 8:56 am

Word is that there may be a Jersey ABC on July 12th (not set in stone yet) so I think we should shoot for July 26th.

I will be at both ABC events. Lets get it on

nrk5014
05-23-08, 9:06 am
26th seems manageable. Let's see what we can do.

mikejones1
05-23-08, 9:20 am

im there, lets just get this thing rollin...

BiG in NYC 823
05-23-08, 9:22 am

You got it!
July 26th seems best fitted!!

I will be at both ABC events. Lets get it on

I will try to be both at events as well...NYC, Jersery and LI...ABC events..NNOOIIICCCEE!!!

get it done man!! hahahahaha

nrk5014
05-23-08, 11:07 am
yyeeyuhh, I'm gonna have to talk to eric and then we can place a call to the higher ups of powerhouseeeeeee.

zanderfever
05-23-08, 1:53 pm
26th, powerhouse, i like this. I'm going to try and be at the LI, Jersey, and this ABC as well as the Philly one. I hope this works out

BiG in NYC 823
05-23-08, 2:11 pm
26th, powerhouse, i like this. I'm going to try and be at the LI, Jersey, and this ABC as well as the Philly one. I hope this works out

hey bro, i forgot when you show is and I am too lazy to go back and find it, but will these interfere with your training/diet? Or it's all good?

zanderfever
05-23-08, 8:29 pm
hey bro, i forgot when you show is and I am too lazy to go back and find it, but will these interfere with your training/diet? Or it's all good?

Its all good. I start my diet July 12 and i'll make sure everything goes smoothly, trust me. I'll pack all the food I need.

mikejones1
05-23-08, 10:26 pm
lets get a head count..
im interested to see who we got attending...

nrk5014
05-24-08, 12:41 am
Ok so we are tentative for the 26th, assuming all would be ok with the gym. Who would be able to attend?

zanderfever
05-24-08, 7:13 am
Ok so we are tentative for the 26th, assuming all would be ok with the gym. Who would be able to attend?

oooo! ooo!! pick me! pick me!

mikejones1
05-24-08, 7:15 am
im there

kzimmer25
05-24-08, 11:02 am
I can do July 26th. Where is Powerhouse gym? Nassua or Suffolk?

mikejones1
05-24-08, 11:55 am

nassau, syosset

nrk5014
05-24-08, 12:01 pm
oooo! ooo!! pick me! pick me!

I'd be sorely disappointed if I didn't see your pretty face there.....

.....no ****.

im there

NOICE!

see beloww.

nassau, syosset

well played.

zanderfever
05-24-08, 3:19 pm
I'd be sorely disappointed if I didn't see your pretty face there.....

.....no ****.

Haha, don't worry. I'm there.

BiG in NYC 823
05-24-08, 3:54 pm

you better know I'm there! Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Joey D
05-25-08, 7:21 am
Need I say again? I'm there.

Joe D

chiefwrestling
05-25-08, 3:31 pm
im down...just give me the hour nd im there

BiG in NYC 823
05-26-08, 9:54 pm
I may end up missing this one...SHYT!
I may have a baby shower to go to..but it may be re-scheduled so I may have to re-work it or show up early/late to the baby shower, depending on timing and what not...

Keep me informed if the tentative date (July 26th) changes and what not..as that may be a God Send...haha...

Peace!
- B

nrk5014
05-27-08, 12:01 pm
I may end up missing this one...SHYT!
I may have a baby shower to go to..but it may be re-scheduled so I may have to re-work it or show up early/late to the baby shower, depending on timing and what not...

Keep me informed if the tentative date (July 26th) changes and what not..as that may be a God Send...haha...

Peace!
- B

Everything is tentative at this point, but we will definitely keep you updated dude.

bloodsimple1234
05-29-08, 5:46 pm
did the meeting ever go down? I was away for a few days.

zanderfever
05-29-08, 5:52 pm

Still being planned. July 26th its looking like

SizeMatters
05-29-08, 11:32 pm
fellas let me know im going to take off from work...whats errbody wanna train anyway?

BiG in NYC 823
06-02-08, 10:25 am

fellas let me know im going to take off from work...whats errbody wanna train anyway?

It's all still tentatively being planned as of now...so as far as training goes, with no date yet announced..then I think the training will be determined as soon as the date is set...

mikejones1
06-02-08, 3:43 pm
Lets get this going. Im down for any date, during the summer here I can make my schedule revolve around this 1 day. For all that cant make the 26th, throw another date out there.

lets go!

we cant let this sit, gotta get the ball rolling.
i can go to bevs and try to set this thing up and get some details from the owner of the gym if need be!

nrk5014
06-02-08, 8:15 pm
Lets get this going. Im down for any date, during the summer here I can make my schedule revolve around this 1 day. For all that cant make the 26th, throw another date out there.

lets go!

we cant let this sit, gotta get the ball rolling.
i can go to bevs and try to set this thing up and get some details from the owner of the gym if need be!

don't worry dude, me and NG are on it. patience is a virtue.

zanderfever
06-02-08, 8:40 pm
don't worry dude, me and NG are on it. patience is a virtue.

NG is probably one of the busiest animals out there. Major props go to him.

BiG in NYC 823
06-03-08, 4:49 pm
NG is probably one of the busiest animals out there. Major props go to him.

couldn't agree any more..

nrk5014
06-03-08, 8:13 pm
basically, he's the man.

BiG in NYC 823
06-07-08, 2:16 pm
going to bump this so we can remember to get this going....lol..

Enforcer
06-09-08, 1:02 pm
So when is the first Long Island ABC?

BiG in NYC 823
06-09-08, 1:09 pm

That is what I am waiting to find out... ;)

I can't wait for the Jersey ABC...that should be a good one..!!

naturalguy
06-09-08, 1:35 pm

We are shooting for July 26th however we need to confirm this with the gym. I am working on it.

BiG in NYC 823
06-09-08, 3:06 pm
We are shooting for July 26th however we need to confirm this with the gym. I am working on it.

Hey E,

If I could be of any help, just let me know...I don't live / work that far from the gym, I'll be mroe than happy to assist in any way possible.

zanderfever
06-09-08, 4:47 pm

Awesome, I hope this owrks out. Thats essentially my birthday and i'd call that my birthday party, haha.

naturalguy
06-09-08, 5:02 pm
Hey E,

If I could be of any help, just let me know...I don't live / work that far from the gym, I'll be mroe than happy to assist in any way possible.

Thanks man. If I can't get through to who I need to by phone then I may need ya but let me keep trying.

BiG in NYC 823
06-09-08, 5:53 pm
Awesome, I hope this owrks out. Thats essentially my birthday and i'd call that my birthday party, haha.

Nothing like Bangin',liftin' some weights for a birthday party!! SWEET!!

Thanks man. If I can't get through to who I need to by phone then I may need ya but let me keep trying.

Not a problem at all!

I will be more than happy to help in getting this set-up! I'll put my Marketing Degree/Skills to good use..haha..Just let me kno...

naturalguy
06-17-08, 8:16 am
I have not forgotten about this fellas. Been trying to get in touch with the owner of the gym, he's a busy guy. I have left several messages.

BiG in NYC 823
06-17-08, 8:57 am
dang owners...have they no heart/consideration?

naturalguy
06-17-08, 9:18 am
dang owners...have they no heart/consideration?

LOL. He's a busy guy. They run all the shows in NY including the NY Pro show.

BiG in NYC 823
06-17-08, 9:39 am
LOL. He's a busy guy. They run all the shows in NY including the NY Pro show.

o....

well then....hahaha....

well I hope this can be set up soon! I look forward to this and the upcoming Jersey ABC! Should be a good one with pro's such as Joey D, BigAnt coming through and G-Diesel, Enforcer...it will be a humbling experience for sure..

zanderfever
06-17-08, 1:11 pm
o....

well then....hahaha....

well I hope this can be set up soon! I look forward to this and the upcoming Jersey ABC! Should be a good one with pro's such as Joey D, BigAnt coming through and G-Diesel, Enforcer...it will be a humbling experience for sure..

Yeah, it'll be a great time. Can't wait for both of these.

Universal Rep
06-17-08, 1:13 pm
There an official headcount fellas?

zanderfever
06-17-08, 1:23 pm
There an official headcount fellas?

Not official, but heres a tentative list from what i've seen

zanderfever
nrk 5014
BiG in NYC 823
The Epidemic
Enforcer
naturalguy
brandon cutler
SizeMatters
bloodsimple1234
chiefwrestling
Joey D
kzimmer25
Vinny
bigunz85
ironshaolin - needs a Sunday, so unsure
jer
wes1

Those are the names that i've found. Feel free to correct.

Universal Rep
06-17-08, 1:24 pm
zanderfever
nrk 5014
BiG in NYC 823
The Epidemic
Enforcer
naturalguy
brandon cutler
SizeMatters
bloodsimple1234
chiefwrestling
Joey D
kzimmer25
Vinny
bigunz85
jer
wes1

Lookin' solid fellas...

naturalguy
06-17-08, 2:32 pm
I just posted this in the NYC thread. If we can't get Bev's Powerhouse set up for July, Steel Gym in Manhattan is eager to host an ABC. Would you fellas be interested?

Here's the NYC thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=427734#post427734

Here's the gym website:

http://www.steelgym.com/

Enforcer
06-17-08, 2:48 pm
zanderfever
nrk 5014
BiG in NYC 823
The Epidemic
Enforcer
naturalguy
brandon cutler
SizeMatters
bloodsimple1234
chiefwrestling
Joey D
kzimmer25
Vinny
bigunz85
jer
wes1

Lookin' solid fellas...

Some of you guys should come out to the Jersey ABC if it is not too far for you. It is June 28th. Check the Jersey ABC thread for details.

Enforcer
06-17-08, 2:49 pm
I just posted this in the NYC thread. If we can't get Bev's Powerhouse set up for July, Steel Gym in Manhattan is eager to host an ABC. Would you fellas be interested?

Here's the NYC thread:

Here's the gym website:

I am there no matter what gym, rain or shine.

BiG in NYC 823
06-17-08, 3:13 pm

Here's the NYC thread:

Here's the gym website:

You know I would be there! If I may make a suggestion..if we still want to consider a Long Island atmosphere/gym..there is one that is local to me and on this article:
"Top 10 Hardcore Gyms In The Country..."
Here's our top ten list of hardcore gyms that we've ever trained at. You got one you think belongs on this list? Email us at info@animalpak.com. Better yet, send us a pic and maybe we'll pay your gym a visit.

10. Southside Gym (Stratford, CT)
9. Iron Island (Oceanside, NY)
8. 5th Avenue Bodybuilding (Brooklyn, NY)
7. B&W Gym (Chicago, IL)
6. Body Builders, Inc. (Akron, OH)
5. Bev Francis' Gold's Gym (Syosset, NY)
4. Metroflex Gym (Arlington, TX)
3. West Side Barbell Club (Columbus, OH)
2. Gladiators Gym (New York, NY)
1. Diamond Gym (Maplewood, NJ)

Iron Island..I have passed by there and from the looks outside, it DEF seems hardcore, as the gym is in 2 factory garages....

If you fellas want, I can stop by there this week and speak with the owner and set up something for those local to Long Island...How bout it NG??

Some of you guys should come out to the Jersey ABC if it is not too far for you. It is June 28th. Check the Jersey ABC thread for details.

I'm there!

I am there no matter what gym, rain or shine.

Ditto! Let's do this!

naturalguy
06-17-08, 3:22 pm
BiG and the rest of the crew, Iron Island gym is a great location. I've been there for a few powerlifting contests.

Hot off the press, I just got word that Powerhouse is not an option so we need a plan B.

I am all for Iron Island, BiG do you know anyone there?

We can also consider Steel Gym in NY like I said earlier.

BiG in NYC 823
06-17-08, 3:30 pm
BiG and the rest of the crew, Iron Island gym is a great location. I've been there for a few powerlifting contests.

Hot off the press, I just got word that Powerhouse is not an option so we need a plan B.

I am all for Iron Island, BiG do you know anyone there?

We can also consider Steel Gym in NY like I said earlier.

I DO NOT, but my cousin may..he works out there and I have friends out there in Oceanside that I can contact. But I have no qualms with walking in and speaking with the owner 1-on-1 or making a phone call.

Unless, of course, if you know someone that I may contact/speak with, then I'm all for it. Will be more than willing to assist in getting this worked out!

Steel Gym is DEF a go for me no matter what..I just figured we get something for LI as this is the LI thread..lol..

naturalguy
06-17-08, 3:39 pm
I DO NOT, but my cousin may..he works out there and I have friends out there in Oceanside that I can contact. But I have no qualms with walking in and speaking with the owner 1-on-1 or making a phone call.

Unless, of course, if you know someone that I may contact/speak with, then I'm all for it. Will be more than willing to assist in getting this worked out!

Steel Gym is DEF a go for me no matter what..I just figured we get something for LI as this is the LI thread..lol..

See if you can make contact there and if they are willing to host an event, we take it from there.

BiG in NYC 823
06-17-08, 3:48 pm
See if you can make contact there and if they are willing to host an event, we take it from there.

Check your PM's please...

Enforcer
06-17-08, 3:54 pm

Walk on in bro. Let em know what it is all about.

Universal Rep
06-17-08, 3:56 pm

Can he post some pics of the gym? Is he allowed to do that?

naturalguy
06-17-08, 4:07 pm
some info here:

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/gyms/iron-island

The gym has some unique lifting equipment, a lot of it geared toward powerlifters.

BiG in NYC 823
06-17-08, 4:08 pm
Walk on in bro. Let em know what it is all about.

Will do!

I will try and get this set-up for the LI Animals in this F O R V M.

nrk5014
06-17-08, 7:52 pm
Wow, strong convo.

I can make a few calls if you want also. Maybe if they hear it from more than one person, they'll know we aren't fucking around. Just let me know.

SizeMatters
06-17-08, 10:34 pm
id be down to help if possible... im fucking chomping @ the bit over here cant WAIT

zanderfever
06-18-08, 12:58 am
some info here:

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/gyms/iron-island

The gym has some unique lifting equipment, a lot of it geared toward powerlifters.

NG - If we don't get a real Farmers Walk competition here then I will be sorely disappointed...

BiG in NYC 823
06-18-08, 7:41 am
NG - If we don't get a real Farmers Walk competition here then I will be sorely disappointed...

If there is a competition as such,then i'll have to start training for it...but I would be down for such a thing!

Enforcer
06-18-08, 8:26 am

If there is a competition as such,then i'll have to start training for it...but I would be down for such a thing!

You guys want a shot at the title?

BiG in NYC 823
06-18-08, 9:33 am
You guys want a shot at the title?

O man! I'm assuming that I am speaking with the title holder?

If so,...then I KNOW I Have to TRAIN NOW and INTENSE! hahaha..much respect brother!

Enforcer
06-18-08, 9:36 am
O man! I'm assuming that I am speaking with the title holder?

If so,...then I KNOW I Have to TRAIN NOW and INTENSE! hahaha..much respect brother!

Thanx bro. And YES I am the title holder- lol.

BiG in NYC 823
06-18-08, 9:56 am
Thanx bro. And YES I am the title holder- lol.

Well I am sure I will not take nor really "compete" with you, but at least I can say I went up with the best and tried!

;-)

Enforcer
06-18-08, 10:00 am
Well I am sure I will not take nor really "compete" with you, but at least I can say I went up with the best and tried!

;-)

Sometimes thats all you can do- lol

nrk5014
06-19-08, 7:47 pm
Hey Eric, Me and NYC are in contact tryin to get this thing goin. We will be in touch and try to break the ice a little bit for this gym. We will keep you updated.

SizeMatters
06-19-08, 10:43 pm
Its On Mothafucka I Want In This Farmers Challenge

BiG in NYC 823
06-20-08, 7:52 am
Hey Eric, Me and NYC are in contact tryin to get this thing goin. We will be in touch and try to break the ice a little bit for this gym. We will keep you updated.

Let's DO THIS!!!

hahaha!

This might just get that more interesting!

SizeMatters
06-20-08, 11:36 am
lmao i may just bring an old wrestling belt i have bc I AM THE FARMERS CHAMP BABY

naturalguy
06-20-08, 11:40 am

Good to hear it nick. Shoot for July 26th. That gym would be ideal. If you need my help, let me know.

BiG in NYC 823
06-20-08, 12:41 pm
Good to hear it nick. Shoot for July 26th. That gym would be ideal. If you need my help, let me know.

I have spoken with the manager and he says that it's something he thinks the owners would be interested in hosting...

I will/should be speaking with the Assistant/Co-Owner around 3pm to see if we could set it up..

will keep everyone updated..

BiG in NYC 823
06-20-08, 12:41 pm
lmao i may just bring an old wrestling belt i have bc I AM THE FARMERS CHAMP BABY

O MAN!! DEM BE FIGHTING WORDS...hahaha...

BiG in NYC 823
06-20-08, 1:33 pm
Check your PM's please!

thanks...

nrk5014
06-20-08, 8:52 pm
Yo dudes, if this owner is being a douchebag and not answering us, I think I have one more option. World Gym in Ronkonkoma. I actually work with the old owner, and they've had many an IFBB pro run through the joint...so they aren't new to this stuff.

Eric, that's your call. I don't know if Ronkonkoma is too far?

naturalguy
06-21-08, 7:14 am
Yo dudes, if this owner is being a douchebag and not answering us, I think I have one more option. World Gym in Ronkonkoma. I actually work with the old owner, and they've had many an IFBB pro run through the joint...so they aren't new to this stuff.

Eric, that's your call. I don't know if Ronkonkoma is too far?

It's pretty far out there but finding a good gym is more important than distance.

nrk5014
06-21-08, 10:41 am
It's pretty far out there but finding a good gym is more important than distance.

lol "pretty far out there" is now officially 10 minutes from my house....

http://www.worldgym.com/ronkonkoma/

The link is above. I will try and get in touch with the owner monday, after I speak with the former owner :)

nrk5014
06-30-08, 8:14 am
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. The owner of World Gym wasn't around last week...I even had a lift in there, good stuff, but no owner atm. I'll give them a shout today.

Eric, before I call them, I'd like to know what YOU would like for the event:

Do you want a closed doors event?

I'm assuming we would want free day passes? (They have 3 day trials for free online if worst came to worst we can all print one)

Roughly how many people (including the big names!)?

Anything else I missed?

If it's close to crunch time, you have my number. I don't mind you callin fyi.

naturalguy
06-30-08, 9:17 am
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. The owner of World Gym wasn't around last week...I even had a lift in there, good stuff, but no owner atm. I'll give them a shout today.

Eric, before I call them, I'd like to know what YOU would like for the event:

Do you want a closed doors event?

I'm assuming we would want free day passes? (They have 3 day trials for free online if worst came to worst we can all print one)

Roughly how many people (including the big names!)?

Anything else I missed?

If it's close to crunch time, you have my number. I don't mind you callin fyi.

We don't need a closed door event, we don't want to disrupt any gyms regular members. If they would give us free passes in exchange for publicity and some free supplements that would be great but some gyms do insist on a daily fee.

It's hard to say how many people at this point.

Also keep in mind that there is going to be another NJ event on July 26th at Skiba's gym so if we decide to do it that day there won't be as many people in attendance. We may want to shoot for another date.

Enforcer
06-30-08, 9:39 am

Everyone wants a shot at the title

nrk5014
06-30-08, 11:43 am
We don't need a closed door event, we don't want to disrupt any gyms regular members. If they would give us free passes in exchange for publicity and some free supplements that would be great but some gyms do insist on a daily fee.

It's hard to say how many people at this point.

Also keep in mind that there is going to be another NJ event on July 26th at Skiba's gym so if we decide to do it that day there won't be as many people in attendance. We may want to shoot for another date.

I gotcha.

I'm guessing it would have to be a later date at this point? August 2/3 is no good for me, I could try for the next weekend tho?

SizeMatters
06-30-08, 2:00 pm
i agree what about the 9th or 10th?

Ricky P
06-30-08, 3:36 pm
What's going on with the Syosset location? That officially out of the question? I'd love it being that it's 4 minutes from my house, Haha.

naturalguy
06-30-08, 4:21 pm
What's going on with the Syosset location? That officially out of the question? I'd love it being that it's 4 minutes from my house, Haha.

Powerhouse in Syosset is a no go.

nrk5014
07-03-08, 8:21 am
August 9 is a bad day for me, I may have to work, I'd like to shoot for the 16th then if it's our last possibility, is that alright with everyone?

Trying to get a hold of the owner is a biznatch, but I'm working on it. I don't want to let you guys down.

SizeMatters
07-03-08, 11:30 am
adont feel bad dude, its hard as hell to get 10+ peoples schudles the same well figure something out but just rememebr the longer we wait the more practice ill have with the farmers walk ;)

nrk5014
07-06-08, 1:21 pm
Owner hasn't been around, it's like finding the fuckin president I swear. I was talkin to one of the managers and he has never heard of animal products?? When he said that, I was like....wait, seriously? like animal pak? he's like, nope. I'm like...I'll call back.

Edit: I am almost 100% positive I could get us a lift at my gym....but it's nothing state of the art, tbh. It gets the job done, but I know this is gonna be a big event. If worst came to worst, it is worth a shot...I would use that as a last ditch effort tho.

kzimmer25
07-08-08, 7:52 pm
Havn't been on the forum lately been busy. What date what time and what gym?

zanderfever
07-08-08, 8:40 pm
Havn't been on the forum lately been busy. What date what time and what gym?

August 16, TBA, TBA

nrk5014
07-08-08, 8:56 pm
August 16, TBA, TBA

yeah, I need your guys input on one more gym...it's the gym I workout at. it's nothing spectacular, but they are up and coming. they are looking to become a franchise, and I can actually see big things for the gym.

http://www.finestfitness.net/

click the "facilities" link on the left side. you can scope it out from there.

zanderfever
07-08-08, 9:22 pm
yeah, I need your guys input on one more gym...it's the gym I workout at. it's nothing spectacular, but they are up and coming. they are looking to become a franchise, and I can actually see big things for the gym.

http://www.finestfitness.net/

click the "facilities" link on the left side. you can scope it out from there.

It looks acceptable. How high do the DBs go?

mikejones1
07-08-08, 10:00 pm
im down to go wherever, whenever.

is anyone interested on throwing down at bevs gym for a day on a sunday, with chest/bi's?

i can do anytime the next 2 sundays coming up.

nrk5014
07-09-08, 3:49 pm
It looks acceptable. How high do the DBs go?

130 or 150....I'll let you know after my sesh today.

zanderfever
07-09-08, 9:15 pm
130 or 150....I'll let you know after my sesh today.

That sounds good to me. The highest i've ever gone was 120's for shrugs so i'm covered. Lets get this going.

SizeMatters
07-09-08, 9:43 pm
brandon pm me dude lets do this shit.

mikejones1
07-10-08, 12:30 pm
brandon pm me dude lets do this shit.

any other animals?

zanderfever
07-10-08, 9:15 pm
any other animals?

I'm interested, but won't be able to make it. Sorry, wish I could.

kzimmer25
07-11-08, 2:41 pm
yeah fellas no go for me either ill be upstate in August.

mikejones1
07-11-08, 4:31 pm
i think we should still get one going in august guys on the island before the summer is over....
upstate is a little far for me..

ill start looking for places if anyone is down..

nrk5014
07-11-08, 8:14 pm
Im almost 100% on my gym, I'll talk to the owners tomorrow. I wanted to have a possible headcount tho. Even if you THINK you can make it. I'm still hopin for a solid turnout (eric!), so don't get down because this hasn't happened yet. We'll do this thing good.

zanderfever
07-11-08, 8:54 pm
Tentative list-

zanderfever
nrk 5014
BiG in NYC 823
The Epidemic
Enforcer
naturalguy
brandon cutler
SizeMatters
bloodsimple1234
chiefwrestling
Joey D
kzimmer25
Vinny
bigunz85
jer
wes1
Ricky P

nrk5014
07-12-08, 12:23 am
Tentative list-

zanderfever
nrk 5014
BiG in NYC 823
The Epidemic
Enforcer
naturalguy
brandon cutler
SizeMatters
bloodsimple1234
chiefwrestling
Joey D
kzimmer25
Vinny
bigunz85
jer
wes1
Ricky P

and that's why you're the man.

zanderfever
07-12-08, 12:45 am
and that's why you're the man.

Thanks, nrk. By the way, I hit a 365 Dead at the Jersey ABC.

Younglifter16
07-12-08, 8:46 pm
As a suggestion, the Golds Gym in Bellmore or Garden City might be a good choice.

mikejones1
07-12-08, 9:17 pm
As a suggestion, the Golds Gym in Bellmore or Garden City might be a good choice.

stop by one of the gyms and talk to one of the owners and see whats up

thats what im about to do once i find a good gym, since bevs is out of the question

callme47
07-14-08, 10:15 pm
Im def down to be there.

nrk5014
07-15-08, 8:02 am
I'm talkin to the owner of my gym at the moment, I'll keep you guys posted.

ChandlerXJ
07-15-08, 8:25 am
Hey - any of you guys know if Bonanza Stand hotdogs is still open in Syosett or Oyster Bay? I haven't been there in years and I'm looking to make a special weekend to long island FOCUSED on getting some banging bonanza dogs, iccee, and chicken tenders haha... damn, 22 weeks of dieting will make you crazy for food!

mikejones1
07-15-08, 8:30 am
Bonanza Stand, 25 Shore Ave., Oyster Bay, 516-922-7796.

I personally love the shack, in Centerport for my burgers.

ChandlerXJ
07-15-08, 8:33 am
Bonanza Stand, 25 Shore Ave., Oyster Bay, 516-922-7796.

I personally love the shack, in Centerport for my burgers.

I remember when I was like 16 I visited my friend cousin in syosett and it was fucking crazy. all we did was eat bonanza stand and just chill around town, it was so fun. I wish I was 16 when working / college / life didn't mean anything!

I would always get like 4 cheese dogs and chicken tenders with their homemade honey mustard - banging!

mikejones1
07-15-08, 8:39 am
me and sizematters are going to go train at bevs powerhouse in august to throw around some iron, possibly the 2nd sunday in august, let me know if anyone is interested.

SizeMatters
07-15-08, 8:40 am
I remember when I was like 16 I visited my friend cousin in syosett and it was fucking crazy. all we did was eat bonanza stand and just chill around town, it was so fun. I wish I was 16 when working / college / life didn't mean anything!

I would always get like 4 cheese dogs and chicken tenders with their homemade honey mustard - banging!

haha yeah motha fucka gotta love them dirty water dawgssss<3 lol

nrk5014
07-16-08, 7:51 pm
GUYS!

I'm making great progress with the gym. I just need a few things from Eric (will send PM).

cross your fingers.

tentative date is Aug 16.

zanderfever
07-16-08, 9:47 pm
me and sizematters are going to go train at bevs powerhouse in august to throw around some iron, possibly the 2nd sunday in august, let me know if anyone is interested.

I'd love to, but no guarantee I'd be able to make the trip. Another great powerhouse is the one I work out in. The Yonkers Powerhouse. Excellent gym and any saturday/sunday people want to train with me, i'd be all for it. You should check it out. I'm pre-contest at the moment so if you want a no holds barred, hardcore, intense, no talking, striaght lifting session, come on down.

By the by, the DBs go up to 200 pounds.

http://powerhousegymny.com/

SizeMatters
07-16-08, 11:53 pm
just wanna let you all know... my gym just got newer hevier dbs in (140s,150s) so idk u guys might waanna just give up on this farmers cmpetiton lol just pkayin fellas

BiG in NYC 823
07-19-08, 5:51 pm
If this goes down for Aug. 16, I hope I will be all recuperated from my torn hammy injury.

Keep up informed Nick!

Primetime24
07-20-08, 3:02 pm
Whats up guys. Fellow LI lifter here. It would be sweet if we could get something in the area in august. The gold's in bellmore or GC wouldn't be too bad. Ill ask the owner of the bellmore one.

Any guys here lift in the bellmore/merrick area?

nrk5014
07-21-08, 1:34 pm
If this goes down for Aug. 16, I hope I will be all recuperated from my torn hammy injury.

Keep up informed Nick!

oh shit!

come anyway :)

Whats up guys. Fellow LI lifter here. It would be sweet if we could get something in the area in august. The gold's in bellmore or GC wouldn't be too bad. Ill ask the owner of the bellmore one.

Any guys here lift in the bellmore/merrick area?

I got this covered dan. I'm handin out the flyers to the dood in my gym today. I'll keep you updated if it falls through tho.

BiG in NYC 823
07-21-08, 1:38 pm
oh shit!

come anyway :)

That was my plans anyway!! =)

But the doctor and PT both said I could work on my upper body, but to just be really careful not to fcuk up my hammy any more. So that is exactly what I did yesterday.

I will continue to go to the gym 2-3x a week and work on my upper body, splitting my days of Back + Biceps + Forearms ; Chest + Triceps + abs ; Shoulders + arms (to hit them again, since my intensity/weight will be down)+ abs

but I'll DEF be down for Aug. 16

naturalguy
07-21-08, 1:58 pm

Keep up informed Nick!

Heal up BiG, how did that happen?

BiG in NYC 823
07-21-08, 4:10 pm
Heal up BiG, how did that happen?

I play (or was playing) summer baseball and I hit the ball down the line and (as the usual goes) I wanted to stretch a single into a double and 1/2 down to second, I heard a "pop" in my left hamstring.

Positive is that I was safe and the pinch runner came into score! Negative is that I endured the injury and that I can't workout legs or truly hardcore, like I would like.

The Doc and the PT said I could work on my upper body, but just to be careful not to "twinge" or worsen my hamstring.

I went yesterday, b/c i was going insane with boredom and madness! and I did HS machines and felt pretty good.
I think I will continue this 2-3x a week and probably stick to HS machines as BB and DB will require a lot of picking up and I don't want to fcuk up my hamstring anymore than what it is. HS are easy, accesible and easier to work and don't really effect my hamstring.

nrk5014
07-21-08, 4:29 pm
damn yo. that's what I call hustle.

bloodsimple1234
07-21-08, 6:47 pm
so is this def. now? what gym?

nrk5014
07-21-08, 7:02 pm

not def. tentative.

Finest Fitness in East Patchogue.

BiG in NYC 823
07-22-08, 7:51 am

haha..thanks!

nrk5014
07-22-08, 11:23 am
QUESTION!

what are peoples thoughts on August 10th?

it's a sunday so it is understandable if you can't do it. just tryin to get some ideas....it may get more animal reps out as well.

j. ViLLA
07-22-08, 10:16 pm
Dang, wish i could be part of the Animal Barbell Club in Long Island. I live all the way in Manorville (suffolk county). Well, where ever it ends up, i'll do my best to make a trip.

zanderfever
07-22-08, 10:21 pm
QUESTION!

what are peoples thoughts on August 10th?

it's a sunday so it is understandable if you can't do it. just tryin to get some ideas....it may get more animal reps out as well.

I'll do my best to get wherever, whenever.

BiG in NYC 823
07-23-08, 8:30 am
I'll do my best to get wherever, whenever.

x2!

nrk5014
07-23-08, 1:05 pm
Dang, wish i could be part of the Animal Barbell Club in Long Island. I live all the way in Manorville (suffolk county). Well, where ever it ends up, i'll do my best to make a trip.

you're welcome bro. everyone is welcome.

mikejones1
07-23-08, 1:27 pm

yo me and sizematters are looking to get a training session in at bevs powerhouse gym in syosset most likely on a saturday or sunday during the 2nd or 3rd week in august if you're down

j. ViLLA
07-23-08, 6:00 pm
yo me and sizematters are looking to get a training session in at bevs powerhouse gym in syosset most likely on a saturday or sunday during the 2nd or 3rd week in august if you're down

Thats a 50 min to 1 hour drive for me. If it's the 3rd week of August, i may just make that trip, especially if its a chest/biceps routine. haha. My workout buddy is going to cali that week for training, so i won't have anybody to help me push thru heavier sets.

j. ViLLA
07-23-08, 6:01 pm
you're welcome bro. everyone is welcome.

Nice! I'm pretty new to the community, but i'm pretty excited to attend my first event.

mikejones1
07-24-08, 12:36 am
Thats a 50 min to 1 hour drive for me. If it's the 3rd week of August, i may just make that trip, especially if its a chest/biceps routine. haha. My workout buddy is going to cali that week for training, so i won't have anybody to help me push thru heavier sets.

actually sunday is chest/biceps for me. so im pretty sure we can make it happen. we'll just see if sizematters can make it too. or anyone else. all animals are welcome.

ill get back to you.

nrk5014
07-24-08, 7:44 am
The owners are speaking it over today and will give me a final decision very soon.

BiG in NYC 823
07-24-08, 7:56 am
The owners are speaking it over today and will give me a final decision very soon.

anticipation is killing me...hahaha...hopefully it will all work out.

nrk5014
07-26-08, 1:39 pm
Answer Mid week.

The biggest concern they had was this event coming off as a bunch of meat-heads lifting. I told them we are accepting to everyone who wants to join, even if people want to just show up and lift. I also said most of the guys aren't huge anyway. They look just like anyone else in the gym.

j. ViLLA
07-26-08, 3:46 pm
Answer Mid week.

The biggest concern they had was this event coming off as a bunch of meat-heads lifting. I told them we are accepting to everyone who wants to join, even if people want to just show up and lift. I also said most of the guys aren't huge anyway. They look just like anyone else in the gym.

i'm one of those guys! haha 5 foot 7, 167 pounds.

BiG in NYC 823
07-28-08, 7:46 am
Answer Mid week.

Then I don't know if this would be the proper place for it...lol. I mean, that is there biggest concern?

nrk5014
07-28-08, 2:40 pm
well, I'm not gonna be picky at this point. it's hard enough gettin this LI ABC together, esp with powerhouse bein a bunch of douchebags. I want an event before I go back to school, and I want to show I'm not slacking as the Coordinator.

Enforcer
07-28-08, 2:42 pm
well, I'm not gonna be picky at this point. it's hard enough gettin this LI ABC together, esp with powerhouse bein a bunch of douchebags. I want an event before I go back to school, and I want to show I'm not slacking as the Coordinator.

Any idea of the day yet? Sorry not trying to be annoying

nrk5014
07-28-08, 3:01 pm
Any idea of the day yet? Sorry not trying to be annoying

lol, you can't be annoying, you're an animal.

the gym would consider a saturday more than a sunday bc saturdays are less busy. therefore, august 16th would be the tentative date.

Enforcer
07-28-08, 3:06 pm
lol, you can't be annoying, you're an animal.

the gym would consider a saturday more than a sunday bc saturdays are less busy. therefore, august 16th would be the tentative date.

Damn, can't make it. I really wanted to get to this event too.

nrk5014
07-28-08, 7:43 pm
Damn, can't make it. I really wanted to get to this event too.

shit....no promises anyway. I can ask around and see if another gym would entertain it on aug 10th?

j. ViLLA
07-28-08, 8:18 pm
shit....no promises anyway. I can ask around and see if another gym would entertain it on aug 10th?

how about somewhere in Suffolk County?

nrk5014
07-28-08, 8:56 pm
how about somewhere in Suffolk County?

yes.

j. ViLLA
07-29-08, 10:49 am
My friend just hit me up about the gym he goes to. He says "I belong to South Shore Fitness, it is hardcore! Power lifting but the Cardio equipment is brand new. 50 pieces 90 % with TV's on them."
^that was a text message.

He said its new ownership there and he knows the owner and could talk to him today. Its off Loften Ave? Oceanside, so its Nassau County.

They don't have a website yet, but if you want my friend's contact info so you can get in touch with the owner too maybe? let me know.

nrk5014
07-29-08, 11:38 am
My friend just hit me up about the gym he goes to. He says "I belong to South Shore Fitness, it is hardcore! Power lifting but the Cardio equipment is brand new. 50 pieces 90 % with TV's on them."

He said its new ownership there and he knows the owner and could talk to him today. Its off Loften Ave? Oceanside, so its Nassau County.

They don't have a website yet, but if you want my friend's contact info so you can get in touch with the owner too maybe? let me know.

Have you been there?? Is he on the forvm?? Let me know.

Enforcer
07-29-08, 11:45 am

It's up to you bro, don't let me be the reason you change the date. It's all good there will be plenty more future events to throw some iron around at.

BiG in NYC 823
07-29-08, 11:55 am

I know the exact gym! that was the one I was trying to get a hold of previously!

It used to be called "Iron Gym" or something like that..shyt i already forgot!..lol..It was on AnimalPak.com's list of "Top 10 Hardcore Gym's in the US!"

I tried speaking with the owners, but they NEVER got back to me..Hopefully your friend will have better luck (considering he says hes friends with the owner!)

nrk5014
07-29-08, 1:22 pm
I know the exact gym! that was the one I was trying to get a hold of previously!

It used to be called "Iron Gym" or something like that..shyt i already forgot!..lol..It was on AnimalPak.com's list of "Top 10 Hardcore Gym's in the US!"

I tried speaking with the owners, but they NEVER got back to me..Hopefully your friend will have better luck (considering he says hes friends with the owner!)

Let's try and make this happen then.

JVilla, if your friend needs my number, PM me and I'll give it to you.

Talking about these things is the best way to get this done.

j. ViLLA
07-29-08, 1:24 pm

I'm gonna hit that gym up this week to see it for myself. I'm pretty sure he may do it. I was hoping to get as much info as possible to give my friend, to give to the owner.

j. ViLLA
07-29-08, 1:27 pm
Let's try and make this happen then.

JVilla, if your friend needs my number, PM me and I'll give it to you.

Talking about these things is the best way to get this done.

I just texted him, i'll let you know ASAP!

nrk5014
07-29-08, 1:45 pm

Tell him to even just run the IDEA by the owner. The earlier the better...Maybe we can even get this to Aug 10th, a sunday, and get a few more reps to attend. We gotta push a little bit, if you know what I mean.

BiG in NYC 823
07-29-08, 2:34 pm
Hopefully this will get done, b/c that gym is pretty close to me and from what I heard/saw it's just the right spot for us..should be good..

::fingers crossed::

BiG in NYC 823
08-02-08, 7:39 pm

Tell him to even just run the IDEA by the owner. The earlier the better...Maybe we can even get this to Aug 10th, a sunday, and get a few more reps to attend. We gotta push a little bit, if you know what I mean.

Any word j??

I am sure many people (you included Nick) will be leaving soon), so hopefully this will be set up soon.

NightStorm
08-04-08, 8:20 pm
Subscribed.

Won't be able to make it to the upcoming event but hopefully the next one will be on the radar.

SizeMatters
08-05-08, 1:55 am
yo im down to train whatever day but i wanna knwo whos gonna train what with em anyone down for some good ol chest?

j. ViLLA
08-05-08, 9:56 am
Apparently my boy, who used to be my boss, isn't very reliable for talking to the gym. But if someone can contact the owner, he can put in word about it too. It was just bad timing because my boy just got married and currently moving into his condo at Ocean Beach, where he's coming from Patchogue and wife is from Manhattan. Can the coordinator maybe contact they gym? I tried getting him to ask yesterday but he was swamped with stuff to do.

nrk5014
08-05-08, 10:16 am
Listen guys, I've been thinking, but I want to make sure everyone is on the same page. I want the first Long Island even to be INCREDIBLE....bc Long Island is the shit. Seriously tho, I want to have an event where we can get as many people and as many reps as possible out, with a good amount of notice. This would be not only good for us on the forvm, but Universal Supplements in general. I think that we should postpone the event for a few months, and have the best ABC event anyone has ever seen. (I say a few months bc I will be up at school for some time.) From the gym, to the number of people, to the reps, to the pro animals. If we can do this right, it'd be a lot better than rushing it. I'd like to get all of your opinions on this, including the Universal Reps.

Thanks guys,

Nick

SizeMatters
08-05-08, 10:40 am
Listen guys, I've been thinking, but I want to make sure everyone is on the same page. I want the first Long Island even to be INCREDIBLE....bc Long Island is the shit. Seriously tho, I want to have an event where we can get as many people and as many reps as possible out, with a good amount of notice. This would be not only good for us on the forvm, but Universal Supplements in general. I think that we should postpone the event for a few months, and have the best ABC event anyone has ever seen. (I say a few months bc I will be up at school for some time.) From the gym, to the number of people, to the reps, to the pro animals. If we can do this right, it'd be a lot better than rushing it. I'd like to get all of your opinions on this, including the Universal Reps.

Thanks guys,

Nick

i personally think this is an awsome idea....lets blow this motherfucker up

NightStorm
08-06-08, 10:15 am

Thanks guys,

Nick

Great idea! I'm 100% down with that!

Some serious coordination can make that happen.

SizeMatters
08-06-08, 10:22 am
lets show these motherfuckers that its called STRONG ISLAND for a reason.

nrk5014
08-06-08, 2:04 pm
Great idea! I'm 100% down with that!

Some serious coordination can make that happen.

that's why im callin on the reps for some guidance as well.

lets show these motherfuckers that its called STRONG ISLAND for a reason.

fuckin right.

naturalguy
08-06-08, 2:18 pm

Thanks guys,

Nick

Nick, I am behind you all the way. Personally for me the month of August is shot and a two weekends in September are booked already for me (Atlantic City Pro and Mr. Olympia).

Whatever date you decide we will support you.

nrk5014
08-06-08, 7:23 pm
Nick, I am behind you all the way. Personally for me the month of August is shot and a two weekends in September are booked already for me (Atlantic City Pro and Mr. Olympia).

Whatever date you decide we will support you.

If I have the support of my fellow animals, I would like to consider this even officially postponed...but NOT forgotten. I will be working hard to coordinate this in the correct manner.

zanderfever
08-06-08, 9:22 pm

Thanks guys,

Nick

I like your thinking and those thoughts are fair. I'll stick with you on this one.

j. ViLLA
08-06-08, 10:39 pm
If I have the support of my fellow animals, I would like to consider this even officially postponed...but NOT forgotten. I will be working hard to coordinate this in the correct manner.

ya got my support and hopefully me and my boy can talk once he's situated and make things happen to help out.

nrk5014
08-07-08, 10:14 am
I like your thinking and those thoughts are fair. I'll stick with you on this one.

ya got my support and hopefully me and my boy can talk once he's situated and make things happen to help out.

I appreciate it bros.

SizeMatters
08-19-08, 7:09 pm
*BUMP* whats the good word fellas?

nrk5014
08-19-08, 8:49 pm

check my post above.

BiG in NYC 823
08-25-08, 7:50 am

It will eventually come my friend! Hopefully, by that time, it will be a huge event!

BiG in NYC 823
08-25-08, 3:54 pm
In going/attending an ABC in NYC?

Steel Gym is seriously interested in hosting an ABC and I feel like we should take advantage of the opportunity!
Although NY is a huge place, I think most of us/you will have the modes of transportation to attend this event.

Was hoping for a tentative date in October...maybe a bit earlier, or a bit later..

I am hoping to make this a fairly large event with animals from both LI and the 5 boroughs to attend.

Let me know if you guys are interested!

Erik
08-25-08, 5:29 pm

Steel Gym is seriously interested in hosting an ABC and I feel like we should take advantage of the opportunity!
Although NY is a huge place, I think most of us/you will have the modes of transportation to attend this event.

Was hoping for a tentative date in October...maybe a bit earlier, or a bit later..

I am hoping to make this a fairly large event with animals from both LI and the 5 boroughs to attend.

Im down for it.

mikejones1
08-26-08, 12:19 am

im in. lets do this

BiG in NYC 823
08-26-08, 10:09 am
Im down for it.

im in. lets do this

Nice! Want to give this 'till the end of the week or by next week and then...arrangements will get started..

Enforcer
08-26-08, 11:30 am

October would a great month to get this going. You should try to set a date and time.

BiG in NYC 823
08-26-08, 11:35 am
October would a great month to get this going. You should try to set a date and time.

Glad to have your support E!

That is my plan! I want to get it going in early October. Should be sufficient time for many Animals from LI, NJ and the 5 boroughs to be prepared and make arrangements.

I will make moves soon!

nrk5014
08-26-08, 11:38 am
yo dude, I will be home the week of thanksgiving, if you wanted to wait that long, I may be able to lift some weights :)

BiG in NYC 823
08-26-08, 11:42 am
yo dude, I will be home the week of thanksgiving, if you wanted to wait that long, I may be able to lift some weights :)

Why not make BIG moves and continue planning this for early October and plan the inagural Long Island ABC when you return?

Enforcer
08-26-08, 11:48 am
Glad to have your support E!

That is my plan! I want to get it going in early October. Should be sufficient time for many Animals from LI, NJ and the 5 boroughs to be prepared and make arrangements.

I will make moves soon!

Yeah bro, get it going so we can all plan our schedules accordingly. The only weekend that I know is a no no is the weekend of the 10th to the 12th. I know NG is a no go that weekend as well. Besides that I'm ready to ride.

nrk5014
08-26-08, 12:00 pm
Why not make BIG moves and continue planning this for early October and plan the inagural Long Island ABC when you return?

touche.

BiG in NYC 823
08-26-08, 12:06 pm
Yeah bro, get it going so we can all plan our schedules accordingly. The only weekend that I know is a no no is the weekend of the 10th to the 12th. I know NG is a no go that weekend as well. Besides that I'm ready to ride.

So, let's plan tentatively for the weekend of October 17-19. I like the way this is already panning out!

touche.

;) I'll take that as you are liking the idea.

I think it will be a great thing/plan b/c I can only assume that some Animals (such as yourself) will be returning from school as well.

Sounds good? I can help ya plan it out.

zanderfever
08-26-08, 12:31 pm
Hey, where exactly is Steel Gym?

Enforcer
08-26-08, 12:35 pm
So, let's plan tentatively for the weekend of October 17-19. I like the way this is already panning out!

;) I'll take that as you are liking the idea.

I think it will be a great thing/plan b/c I can only assume that some Animals (such as yourself) will be returning from school as well.

Sounds good? I can help ya plan it out.

I am down. I'll bring my boy Gunz as well.

BiG in NYC 823
08-26-08, 12:38 pm
Hey, where exactly is Steel Gym?

I know you'll be down.

Gimme a sec and Ill attach the link.

Here ya go!
http://steelgym.com/

I am down. I'll bring my boy Gunz as well.

nice. I like it.

zanderfever
08-26-08, 3:34 pm
I know you'll be down.

Gimme a sec and Ill attach the link.

Here ya go!
http://steelgym.com/

Thanks, I shall do my best

nrk5014
08-27-08, 4:40 pm
hey guys,

I'm on the prowl again looking for LEGIT gyms to make the first LI event at. Any ideas are welcome. I've been looking around as well. I'll keep you updated with what I find.

nick.

BiG in NYC 823
08-27-08, 7:05 pm
Hey Nick -
I know Powerhouse gym in Garden City is interested and I think a possibility may be Xtreme Gym in Farmingdale. (At least I am pretty sure that's the town)

I am constantly on the lookout, so I'll let ya know if there is anything.

nrk5014
08-27-08, 8:22 pm
Hey Nick -
I know Powerhouse gym in Garden City is interested and I think a possibility may be Xtreme Gym in Farmingdale. (At least I am pretty sure that's the town)

I am constantly on the lookout, so I'll let ya know if there is anything.

I know powerhouse said no to us earlier. I'll look up Xtreme fitness asap.

BiG in NYC 823
08-28-08, 2:29 pm
I know powerhouse said no to us earlier. I'll look up Xtreme fitness asap.

Powerhouse in Garden City?? Really? B/c they said yes to both NG and I.

Oh well, maybe they changed their mind..it's all good!

BiG in NYC 823
09-11-08, 10:19 am
Just wanted to give fellow Animals a "Heads-up"...

In NYC, October 18 @ Steel Gym...NY Animals will hold an ABC!!!

I don't know how far/close everyone lives to NYC, but I figured I would give you guys a notice, that way, maybe you guys can plan a trip and come to NYC to have one helluva an event!

Please reply/post within the NY Animals Thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090&highlight=PA

Thanks!!

** Bump **

nrk5014
09-11-08, 10:29 am
Just wanted to give fellow Animals a "Heads-up"...

In NYC, October 18 @ Steel Gym...NY Animals will hold an ABC!!!

I don't know how far/close everyone lives to NYC, but I figured I would give you guys a notice, that way, maybe you guys can plan a trip and come to NYC to have one helluva an event!

Please reply/post within the NY Animals Thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11090&highlight=PA

Thanks!!

** Bump **

If any of you can go, DO IT!!!!

sorry I can't make it, I'll be at school :(

best of luck with everything!