PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Toni's

Toni69
05-08-08, 3:23 pm
Actually, these pancakes you can have anywhere and at any time of the day:

Oh..my favorites are still G Diesel's pancakes..I make them every week as my pre-wo snack...but these other ideas are great for mother's day or just for good eats!

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 tablespoon roasted peanut oil or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten

Preparation
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine milk and remaining ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or a large nonstick skillet. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.

5 servings (serving size: 2 pancakes)
APPROX: CALORIES 350; FAT 12g; PROTEIN 12g; CARBOHYDRATE 50g

InkdMuscle
05-08-08, 3:25 pm

Oh..my favorites are still G Diesel's pancakes..I make them every week as my pre-wo snack...but these other ideas are great for mother's day or just for good eats!

6 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk

Preparation
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine milk and remaining ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or a large nonstick skillet. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.

Yield

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 349(30% from fat); FAT 11.7g (sat 2.5g,mono 5.1g,poly 3.2g); PROTEIN 12.2g; CHOLESTEROL 90mg; CALCIUM 204mg; SODIUM 432mg; FIBER 1.2g; IRON 2.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 49.4g

Man toni you always have the best recipes. Im gonna get up early and make these for me tomorrow to start my day!!!!

Enforcer
05-08-08, 3:25 pm

6 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk

Preparation

Yield

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 349(30% from fat); FAT 11.7g (sat 2.5g,mono 5.1g,poly 3.2g); PROTEIN 12.2g; CHOLESTEROL 90mg; CALCIUM 204mg; SODIUM 432mg; FIBER 1.2g; IRON 2.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 49.4g

I'll take a Stack to go please

Big Wides
05-08-08, 3:28 pm
i love pancakes.....damn they look good

Toni69
05-08-08, 3:32 pm
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3 tbs sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 tbs canola oil
1 large egg
1 large egg white
pam

Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, oil, egg, and egg white, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with pam over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.

you can add some toasted wheat germ to this batter too...or sprinkle it over the top with lowfat or sugar free syrup and fresh fruit.

Thrawn
05-08-08, 3:38 pm
Could you bring me some tomorrow morning, yes please? *all puppy eyed*
Great ideas, Toni. Me and my girl will have to try one of these this weekend. Nothing like a good stack of pancakes in the morning!

Toni69
05-08-08, 3:39 pm
Could you bring me some tomorrow morning, yes please? *all puppy eyed*
Great ideas, Toni. Me and my girl will have to try one of these this weekend. Nothing like a good stack of pancakes in the morning!

ha..no kidding! especially when...ahhhh, forget that one. LOL...bad Toni...LOL

Thrawn
05-08-08, 3:47 pm
Hahaha! You making me go redfaced here =) I cant do that, i am not 18 anymore ^^ I will have to settle for pancakes only... Well, maybe not =)))

Toni69
05-08-08, 3:51 pm
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup lowfat buttermilk (you can use regular milk, only being the batter may be thinner, so this changes the texture. be careful when trying to substitute ingredients when baking...)
1/4 cup sugar or splenda
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups low fat milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh berries of your choice, rinsed

1. In a bowl, mix oats and buttermilk; let stand at least 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes. The oats are gonna soak this up nicely.

2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla to blend. Stir in flour and oat mixtures just until evenly moistened, then gently fold in berries.

4. Place a nonstick griddle or a 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium heat when hot, coat with pam and adjust heat so as the pan isnt smoking hot, but steadily hot. Pour batter in 1/2-cup portions onto griddle and cook until pancakes are browned on the bottom and edges begin to look dry, about 2 minutes; turn with a wide spatula and brown other sides, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Coat pan with more pam as necessary to cook remaining pancakes.

5. serve them up immediately or keep warm in oven at a very low temp., but not for too long!

Makes about 12 pancakes; 5 to 6 servings
CALORIES 345; FAT 8g; PROTEIN 13g; CARBOHYDRATE 53g

Angst
05-08-08, 3:56 pm
Ohh, I thought we were gonna have breakfast at Toni's house, damn it lol

Toni69
05-08-08, 3:58 pm
Ohh, I thought we were gonna have breakfast at Toni's house, damn it lol

hahahaha! I knew that would sound like that. I was thinking of the old time classic movie (one of my favorites), Breakfast at Tiffany's when I titled this thread..LOL

I would like to move all my breakfast threads here and clean up the recipe section a bit if possible...;)

Also...once Im back home and settled in, why not have Breakfast at Toni's?

Toni69
05-09-08, 3:31 am
I wont even go there..but try these on for size for the "morning after", LOL Your girl...or guy will seriously love you for it.

Prepare your pancakes as usual (go plain buttermilk type)...I would add a bit of grated orange and lemon zest or some cinnamon to the batter before adding to the hot griddle pan...just for an extra lil something.

For an apple walnut filling:
1 3/4lbs tart apples, the green ones (4 to 6)
2 tbs unsalted butter
1/3 cup maple syrup of your choice
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped...can use almonds or hazelnuts...any nut really.
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Grand Marnier (optional, but really adds the final touch of flavor that I found to be quite necessary for this recipe).

For cinnamon cream:
cool whip (your choice on lowfat, sugar free...)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
(just fold the cinnamon in gently..you can also add a bit of the grand marnier here too).

1/2 cup fudge sauce

OR you can get some heavy cream, simmer 1/4 cup (never boil milk-type products) over low heat, then pour over a good quality chocolate bar (no nuts in the bar), and let the chocolate sit and melt..stir till smooth, glossy and runny so you can drizzle this over the final product. Prepare this last, but dont let your pancakes get cold either...keep em warm in the oven on very low temp if you need to; till your ready to add the final touches.

filling prep:

Peel and core apples and cut into 1/4-inch wedges. In a skillet heat butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides and saute apples until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Carefully stir in syrup, walnuts, cinnamon, and lemon juice and cook until apples are tender throughout, but not mushy and liquid is reduced to a syrup-like consistency.

Remove from heat and stir in the Grand Marnier. Cook filling over low heat 1 minute to blend flavors and keep warm. Filling may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat filling before proceeding.

Put 2 1/2 tbs warm apple filling in center of each pancake and roll up pancakes tightly to enclose filling. You can keep these filled pancakes warm in the oven on very low temp if you need to for a short time.

Put 2 filled pancakes on a plate. Top pancakes with some of the cinnamon cream and drizzle with chocolate fudge sauce.

Feel free to add some fresh chopped berries on the side.

Thrawn
05-09-08, 5:59 am
Ohhhh, cinnamon.... my all-time favorite spice on pancakes!! Printed and ready to go for sunday morning.

Toni69
05-13-08, 4:33 pm
4 large butter croissants ...best if a day or two old
3/4 cup reduced fat milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract (you can add a liquor here if you wanted to)
1 tsp sugar substitute
2 tbs butter
3 tbs powdered sugar
Light Whipped Cream (optional)
Fresh Strawberries (sprinkle with a bit of sugar or sugar substitute to sweeten and make a bit of juice from the strawberries).

Slice croissants in half lengthwise.
Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar substitute and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip croissant halves into egg mixture, coating well.

Melt 1 tbs butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add four croissant halves, and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and croissant halves. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with whipped Cream, if desired, and Fresh Strawberries.

Makes 4 servings

Hoomgar
05-13-08, 4:43 pm
Oh these will be made! Thanks Toni!

I am going to try G's too.

Toni69
05-15-08, 3:34 am
Absolutely! This is fast and easy and tastes great. Its a great alternative to oats....great served warmed or cold.

1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup uncooked couscous I prefer plain whole grain
1/4 cup dried cranberries of your favorite dried fruit, fresh fruit always works too.
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped almonds or cashews..or any nut really
2 tbs brown sugar or splenda brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. (Mixture will thicken as it cools.) That easy!

3 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
CALORIES Approx 300; FAT about 7g; PROTEIN 10g; CARBOHYDRATE 54g...all depends on what type of fruits you use and nuts also vary in fat content.

BigDaddy21
05-15-08, 8:32 am
...and i said what about, breakfast at toni'sssss.

Toni69
05-15-08, 10:39 am
...and i said what about, breakfast at toni'sssss.

when I move back to the states (Jersey area), end of June..your welcome to have Breakfast at Toni's....if you like. ;)

McFly
05-15-08, 11:18 am
toni,

got anything for us boys who like our eggs, meat and taters for breakfast????

InkdMuscle
05-15-08, 11:21 am
toni,

x2 Toni. What do you have stored for us.

Toni69
05-15-08, 11:44 am
toni,

Im gonna copy some breakfast threads I have in the recipe section and add them to this one.

Toni69
05-15-08, 11:50 am
Who needs McDonald's when you can just make this:

2 tbs lowfat or fat-free milk
salt and pepper to taste
6 large egg whites
3 large eggs
Dash of hot sauce
pam
1 cup finely diced red bell pepper
3/4 cup chopped red onion (I prefer red)
2 English muffins, split ...I use I cant believe its not butter spray on them after toasting
1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese or other cheese of your choice
1 1/2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined; set aside.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with pam. Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture into pan; let egg mixture set slightly. Tilt pan; carefully lift edges of omelet with a spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath cooked portion. Cook until desired doneness.

***If you wanted to get fancy here, you can wrap the handle of that pan with foil and place the pan under the broiler. Broil 1 minute or until set and lightly browned.

Toast muffin halves. Sprinkle muffin halves evenly with cheese, and either broil 1 minute until cheese begins to brown or just add the cheese to the already toasted muffin..it will start to melt.

Divide omelet into 2 portions; place 1 portion on bottom half of each muffin. Top evenly with spinach leaves; top with other muffin halve.

Toni69
05-15-08, 12:26 pm
1 (8oz) can reduced-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
Butter flavored Pam
12oz turkey breakfast sausage or other lean sausage of your choice
1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
1/4 cup fat-free milk (or lowfat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 (8oz) carton egg substitute (eggbeaters..can be the flavored one too)
2 tbs grated fresh Parmesan cheese (prefer fresh but the other stuff works too).

Preheat oven to 375.
Separate dough into triangles. Press triangles together to form a single round crust on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with pam. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. If you dont have A 12" pizza pan, use a large round cake pan or pie pan (9") or a 9x13" pan...You may have to discard some of the dough if you use the smaller round cake pan.

Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.

Top prepared dough with sausage, potatoes, and cheese. Combine milk, salt, pepper, and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk. Carefully pour milk mixture over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-15-08, 12:27 pm
when I move back to the states (Jersey area), end of June..your welcome to have Breakfast at Toni's....if you like. ;)

OOOO!!! lol..

toni where do you find time to think up all of this wonderful stuff?

can i come too??? :) PLEASE

Toni69
05-15-08, 12:30 pm
hmmm, maybe I should have a contest, and whoever wins will eat breakfast at my new place, with me of course...I will prepare whatever the winner wants! ;)

LOL...

Jonisocool
05-15-08, 1:04 pm
Man, when is the ANIMALchow recipe book comin out.

I need to do some good old home fashion grubbin, and get out of the chowhall when I get home. That and some christmas presents for some fatty relatives, word.

Doyourthang1 Toni, recipes are all bookmarked
JonnyB

McFly
05-15-08, 1:34 pm
hmmm, maybe I should have a contest, and whoever wins will eat breakfast at my new place, with me of course...I will prepare whatever the winner wants! ;)

LOL...

I'm in!!!!

Big Wides
05-15-08, 2:02 pm

LOL...

a contest you say....i like the sound of that.....and food!

McFly
05-15-08, 2:14 pm
a contest you say....i like the sound of that.....and food!

you can beat up on enforcer all you want next weeked at the ABC but if there is a contest for food IT IS ON BROTHER!!!! i'm not going down without a fight...especially for some good home cooked food!!!!

Toni69
05-15-08, 2:31 pm
You know what..hold me to this guys. Once I get my place and settle in (Im moving back late this June), I will hold a small contest. I will ask maybe 10-15 questions about "ME"...I have been here long enough for many of you to know me by now so this shouldnt be too hard. Whoever answers the most questions correctly, will win breakfast, lunch and dinner cooked by me, in my new Jersey apt....winners choices as to what he...or she wants me to cook.

yea???

McFly
05-15-08, 2:36 pm
You know what..hold me to this guys. Once I get my place and settle in (Im moving back late this June), I will hold a small contest. I will ask maybe 10-15 questions about "ME"...I have been here long enough for many of you to know me by now so this shouldnt be too hard. Whoever answers the most questions correctly, will win breakfast, lunch and dinner cooked by me, in my new Jersey apt....winners choices as to what he...or she wants me to cook.

yea???

TIME TO STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toni69
05-15-08, 2:40 pm

OMG! Im soooooo cracking up right now! LOL

that's right..you better study, cause my questions wont be so easy either. ;)

SQUAT or DIE!
05-15-08, 2:48 pm

yea???

damn cover my plane ticket and im in!!! bit far to drive right now..

dannynb
05-15-08, 2:56 pm
damn cover my plane ticket and im in!!! bit far to drive right now..

To far to drive??? Have you not read her recipes man?!?!?!?! I'd crawl if i had to...lol

Toni69
05-15-08, 2:57 pm
got this idea from foodtv and added a few bits of my own to it:

3 tbs unsalted butter or you can use canola or olive oil...or you can use 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs oil. This way you get the taste of the butter and the higher cooking temp of the oil.
1 1/2 lbs red-skinned potatoes or baby potatoes, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 seeded chili pepper (optional), minced or 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp coarse salt
ground black pepper to taste
8 large eggs
1 cup extra-sharp cheddar, shredded

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Melt the butter/oil in a large, well-seasoned cast iron or heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until tender and brown, about 15 minutes. Stir in the parsley, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper then remove from the heat.

Push the potatoes aside to make 4 evenly spaced shallow nests and break 2 eggs into each. Bake until the egg whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and continue baking until it just melts, about 1 minute more. Serve immediately.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-15-08, 2:58 pm
To far to drive??? Have you not read her recipes man?!?!?!?! I'd crawl if i had to...lol

ok ill split gas with ya....

hell i have family in jersey so i guess i could claim to go see them and see toni...

Hoomgar
05-16-08, 1:22 pm

LOL...

yea???

I'm down for this! :)

I'm going to beat you to the library!

Tank9
05-19-08, 2:53 am
damn that sounds good

Toni69
05-19-08, 3:32 am
Paula Deen is just one of the worst chefs out there in my opinion as far as health conscious meals are concerned. I cant even believe this recipe is for real...

you gotta see what this looks like...this reeks instant heart attack in my opinion. THE BUN TO THIS BURGER ARE GLAZED DOUGHNUTS???? OMG!!! LOL..THIS WILL NEVER BE SERVED AT MY PLACE! LOL

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_127127,00.html

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
2 tablespoons grated onion
House Seasoning, recipe follows
2 tablespoons butter
3 eggs
6 slices bacon, cooked
3 hamburger buns
3 English muffins
6 glazed donuts

Mix the ground beef, chopped parsley and grated onion together in a large mixing bowl. Season liberally, with House Seasoning. Form 3 hamburger patties.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the burgers and cook until desired temperature, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.

Fry bacon in a hot pan until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.

While burgers are cooking, heat a non-stick pan, over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Crack 3 eggs into the pan. Cook until the yolks are just set and still slightly runny and remove.

Place burger patties on English muffins or buns, and if desired, on glazed donuts, as the buns. Top each burger with 2 pieces of bacon and a fried egg.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-19-08, 3:36 am
Paula Deen is just one of the worst chefs out there in my opinion as far as health conscious meals are concerned. I cant even believe this recipe is for real...

HOW DARE YOU MAAM...... I LOVE PAULA, granted yeah health wise its just horrible.. But shes just the perfect southern lady... and damn she knows how to make some good southern cookin... MMMMMMMM

Toni69
05-19-08, 4:00 am
HOW DARE YOU MAAM...... I LOVE PAULA, granted yeah health wise its just horrible.. But shes just the perfect southern lady... and damn she knows how to make some good southern cookin... MMMMMMMM

I did say "health conscious-wise"....southern cooking yes, she is very good indeed, homestyle and family-style, so no qualms there. Her style of cooking is not one that I prefer; Im a totally different type of cook. Cmon though, you gotta admit that last recipe is not appetizing at all..looks like hell for your heart. I would modify that one bigtime!...minus the doughnuts to start! LOL

SQUAT or DIE!
05-19-08, 4:20 am
I did say "health conscious-wise"....southern cooking yes, she is very good indeed, homestyle and family-style, so no qualms there. Her style of cooking is not one that I prefer; Im a totally different type of cook. Cmon though, you gotta admit that last recipe is not appetizing at all..looks like hell for your heart. I would modify that one bigtime!...minus the doughnuts to start! LOL

that recipe is hell for the heart and heaven for the taste buds!!! MMMM
yeah well id just take the meat and throw it on some wheat bread and call it a day....

and what type of cook are you? health conscious.. or do i have to win this contest to find out then cook you up some TX style cookin in return? hope youll be bulkin lol...

Toni69
05-19-08, 5:09 am
I love sweet pot's and I love this recipe. you can make it and store in the fridge for the week. Serve with your eggs or in a breakfast type burrito. The bacon adds a great flavor to the pot's and its low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates.

1/2lb, lean sliced bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
2 medium onions, chopped
1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
2bs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (be sure this is chopped pretty evenly for easier cooking)
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
salt and pepper

Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels, reserve a small bit of fat in the skillet.

Add onions, bell pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened. Stir in potatoes and cook, covered over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and starting to brown, 10 to 14 minutes. Stir in thyme, crisped bacon, and salt and pepper to taste.

there you go.

Toni69
05-19-08, 5:20 am
Another of Toni's late night cheats

2 whole wheat or organic whole grain frozen waffles
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/2 cup fresh chopped pineapple

now..I dont eat dairy other than maybe frozen yogurt, light ice cream or ricotta on special occasions. So if you dont wanna use that, you can use 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt instead..or even cottage cheese or my favorite type cheese, ricotta cheese.

Toast waffles, then tear into small pieces.
Combine 1 cup chopped strawberries, 1/2 cup pineapple and 1/2 cup frozen yogurt or whatever.

Divide half of waffle pieces between 2 tall glasses. Spoon a bit of yogurt mixture over waffle pieces in each glass. Repeat procedure with remaining half of waffle pieces and yogurt mixture.

2 servings...you should share this indulgence with someone special. My son and I go nuts over this late at night if we both cant sleep...watching strange ass cartoons on tv.

Toni69
05-19-08, 5:29 am
Old italian recipe my parents made often:

1 1/4 lb preferably fresh spinach, chopped
6 slices lean bacon
4 eggs
1/3 cup shaved fresh parmigiana or pecorino cheese

Boil spinach until just wilted, drain, squeeze out excess water and keep warm.
Heat large skillet and cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels and cover to keep warm.

Clean skillet and half-fill with water. Bring to a boil. One at a time, break eggs into a cup then gently pour into skillet. Allow water to return to a boil. Cover skillet and turn off the heat. Let stand 4 minutes or until a light film of eggwhite sets over yolks. One at a time, remove eggs using a slotted spoon and place on towel-lined plates to blot up poaching liquid. You just poached eggs! You can prepare your eggs as over easy if you want..Im just showing you how it was done when I was a kid. Plus, this does create a slightly different texture to the eggs...worth giving it a try.

Divide spinach among 4 plates, top each with bacon, one egg and sprinkle with cheese.

.8carbs, 13g fat (depending on bacon used), 18.5g protein, 194 calories

McFly
05-19-08, 8:45 am

you gotta see what this looks like...this reeks instant heart attack in my opinion. THE BUN TO THIS BURGER ARE GLAZED DOUGHNUTS???? OMG!!! LOL..THIS WILL NEVER BE SERVED AT MY PLACE! LOL

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_127127,00.html

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
2 tablespoons grated onion
House Seasoning, recipe follows
2 tablespoons butter
3 eggs
6 slices bacon, cooked
3 hamburger buns
3 English muffins
6 glazed donuts

Mix the ground beef, chopped parsley and grated onion together in a large mixing bowl. Season liberally, with House Seasoning. Form 3 hamburger patties.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the burgers and cook until desired temperature, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.

Fry bacon in a hot pan until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.

While burgers are cooking, heat a non-stick pan, over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Crack 3 eggs into the pan. Cook until the yolks are just set and still slightly runny and remove.

Place burger patties on English muffins or buns, and if desired, on glazed donuts, as the buns. Top each burger with 2 pieces of bacon and a fried egg.

House Seasoning:
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! I'd jsut want a side of chipped beef and side of fried potatoes!!!! if i win the contest YOU'll be making this agianst your will!!!!!

gotta get back to studying toni's journal for the test!!!!!

BigDaddy21
05-19-08, 10:36 am

something tells me this kinda place ya need reservations for....im in!

Toni69
05-19-08, 10:58 am
something tells me this kinda place ya need reservations for....im in!

haha! you wont need reservations...you just need to know a bit about me. Stay tuned. ;)

Toni69
05-19-08, 10:59 am
THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! I'd jsut want a side of chipped beef and side of fried potatoes!!!! if i win the contest YOU'll be making this agianst your will!!!!!

gotta get back to studying toni's journal for the test!!!!!

are you serious? I would have to make this for you? Of all the wonderful things I can cook for you and you would want this?

well, if you win, your the boss...I cook whatever it is your heart desires. UGH! LOL

blueboy22
05-19-08, 11:01 am
I love sweet pot's and I love this recipe. you can make it and store in the fridge for the week. Serve with your eggs or in a breakfast type burrito. The bacon adds a great flavor to the pot's and its low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates.

2 medium onions, chopped
2bs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (be sure this is chopped pretty evenly for easier cooking)
salt and pepper

Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels, reserve a small bit of fat in the skillet.

Add onions, bell pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened. Stir in potatoes and cook, covered over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and starting to brown, 10 to 14 minutes. Stir in thyme, crisped bacon, and salt and pepper to taste.

there you go.

I just found this thead and must say that I am very impressed. I'll be giving this a go sometime this week.

Thanks for taking the time to post these.

Hoomgar
05-19-08, 2:12 pm

2 medium onions, chopped
salt and pepper

there you go.

Maybe not made like this but I love sweet potato hashies. It's one of the many things I look forward to when we go south to visit family.

Toni69
05-19-08, 2:16 pm
Maybe not made like this but I love sweet potato hashies. It's one of the many things I look forward to when we go south to visit family.

how do you make them? post here if you like.

Hoomgar
05-19-08, 2:22 pm
how do you make them? post here if you like.

I'll see if I can get the recipe. It's a treat to me Toni, I don't make them, my uncle does. He is pure southern when it comes to his menu and if you leave his place hungry it's your own fault.

Toni69
07-04-08, 3:22 am
I get back to you on that^^^^..wanna think up something special and slightly different. Travelling around Europe has helped me figure out some interesting ways to serving up a plate of food.

You all may have done something like this before, but I will post this one anyway. This makes more than 1 sandwich so you can prepare the eggs and either store in a container for later or take it with you, kept in a cooler.

1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
3 tbs thinly sliced green onions
3 tbs reduced-fat sour cream
2 tsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp grated lemon rind (optional but really adds a nice touch to this)
8 hard-boiled large eggs
whatever bread you wanna serve this on, toasted preferably
4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked obv.
thick sliced tomato
large lettuce leaves

Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
Coarsely chop eggs. Add eggs to mayonnaise mixture; stir gently to combine.

Arrange bread slices and top with 1/2 cup (or more) of egg mixture, 2 bacon pieces, 2 tomato slices, lettuce, and serve.

Toni69
07-04-08, 3:30 am
I actually dont like hash browns, but I make all kinds of varities 9even sweet potato) for my kid and my friends when they crash over.

This one always goes over really well...served with eggs, sausage and bacon, or grilled skirt steak seasoned well with salt and pepper.

2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
pinch tsp black pepper
6 1/2 cups diced baking potato (about 2 1/2 lbs)
pam

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add potatoes; stir well to coat. Place potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet coated with pam. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until browned.

5 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
CALORIES 300; FAT 6g; CARBOHYDRATE 60g; FIBER 4g

Toni69
07-04-08, 3:34 am
4 bacon slices, chopped
2 cups frozen cubed hash browns, thawed
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1-2 tsp butter (your call)
1 large tomato, chopped
2 tbs chopped fresh Italian parsley
6 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
hot sauce (optional)
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tBS drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
Cook hash browns in hot drippings over medium heat 10 minutes or until hash browns are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions; cook 5 minutes or until tender.

Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted. Add tomato, and cook over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.

Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and, if desired, hot sauce. Pour over hash brown mixture. Gently lift edges of omelet, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook over medium heat until omelet begins to set. Sprinkle with cheese.

Broil in oven, 5 to 5 1/2 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until top is set and cheese melts. Please watch this!!! Slide out of skillet onto platter. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.

Makes 4 to 6 servings

Toni69
07-16-08, 12:14 pm
if you ever plan on staying over...you may get lucky..LOL...meaning I may prepare this for Breakfast for YOU....LOL. Or you can just surprise your lady friend in bed with this yummy recipe. ;)

1 cup instant buttermilk pancake powder mix
1 egg
1/2 cup Nutella (hazelnut-chocolate spread), at room temperature
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 tbs vegetable or canola oil

topping
2 tbs unsalted butter (optional)
powdered sugar (should be sifted over top)
bananas, peeled and cut into slices
sliced strawberries
maple syrup or honey (optional)

Place the pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and Nutella together till creamy and smooth. Add the milk, sour cream, and oil. Stir into the pancake mix and whisk just to combine. Let the batter rest for a few minutes cause it will thicken a bit as it rests. Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or pam, your choice.. over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with topping.

McFly
07-16-08, 12:28 pm
4 bacon slices, chopped
2 cups frozen cubed hash browns, thawed
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1-2 tsp butter (your call)
1 large tomato, chopped
2 tbs chopped fresh Italian parsley
6 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
hot sauce (optional)
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tBS drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
Cook hash browns in hot drippings over medium heat 10 minutes or until hash browns are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions; cook 5 minutes or until tender.

Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted. Add tomato, and cook over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon and parsley.

Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, and, if desired, hot sauce. Pour over hash brown mixture. Gently lift edges of omelet, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook over medium heat until omelet begins to set. Sprinkle with cheese.

Broil in oven, 5 to 5 1/2 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until top is set and cheese melts. Please watch this!!! Slide out of skillet onto platter. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately.

Makes 4 to 6 servings

that's what i'm talking about...maybe a side of pancakes, chipped beef, sausage gravy, some scrapple and a cheese danish would round off the meal!!!!!

oh and i don't think that makes 4-6 servings...i'm thinking that's just enough for me!

SQUAT or DIE!
07-16-08, 12:33 pm
if you ever plan on staying over...you may get lucky..LOL...meaning I may prepare this for Breakfast for YOU....LOL. Or you can just surprise your lady friend in bed with this yummy recipe. ;)

1 cup instant buttermilk pancake powder mix
1 egg
1/2 cup Nutella (hazelnut-chocolate spread), at room temperature
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 tbs vegetable or canola oil

topping
2 tbs unsalted butter (optional)
powdered sugar (should be sifted over top)
bananas, peeled and cut into slices
sliced strawberries
maple syrup or honey (optional)

Place the pancake mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and Nutella together till creamy and smooth. Add the milk, sour cream, and oil. Stir into the pancake mix and whisk just to combine. Let the batter rest for a few minutes cause it will thicken a bit as it rests. Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or pam, your choice.. over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with topping.

that sounds incredible...

dannynb
07-17-08, 7:45 am
God...I'm dieting for my shows...nothing but oats, yams, egg whites, chicken and sirlion.....when this season is over I'm going to have to try every one of your recipes....LOL

ChandlerXJ
07-17-08, 9:04 am
and I said what about breakfast at toni's

just heard breakfast at tiffanys on the radio lol

McFly
07-17-08, 9:07 am
well, if you win, your the boss...I cook whatever it is your heart desires. UGH! LOL

i'm holding you to that!!!!!

ChandlerXJ
07-17-08, 9:10 am
i'm holding you to that!!!!!

currently buying stock in peanut butter + ice cream

oh mcfly, heard of friendly's ice cream? invented in my hometown, I live walking distance to the factory - we oughta get a tour of it sometime and get a few hundred gallons to go. the ice cream from the factory store is like minutes old it's amazing

McFly
07-17-08, 9:18 am
currently buying stock in peanut butter + ice cream

oh mcfly, heard of friendly's ice cream? invented in my hometown, I live walking distance to the factory - we oughta get a tour of it sometime and get a few hundred gallons to go. the ice cream from the factory store is like minutes old it's amazing

i've been known to hit up Friendly's from time to time....they have pretty good sundaes

Toni69
07-17-08, 10:41 am
I grew up in Friendly's! LOL..love that place!

Toni69
07-17-08, 10:42 am
and I said what about breakfast at toni's

just heard breakfast at tiffanys on the radio lol

yes, one of my favorite old time movies too...

Toni69
07-17-08, 3:10 pm
2 baking potatoes
1-2 tbs butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 pre-cooked turkey sausages, diced
4 large eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the outside of the potatoes and pierce each with a fork. Bake until fork-tender, about 45 minutes or you can microwave them; I prefer baking them. Carefully cut each potato in half. Scoop out the insides and stir in the butter and cheese. Fold in the sausages. Spoon the mixture back into the potato halves, creating a hollow in each center. Break 1 egg into each hollow and arrange on a baking sheet and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until the egg is set or...

you can pre-cook and scramble the eggs and toss with the butter, cheese, sausage and flesh of potatoes, then re-stuff the pot. skin

Mr. Dead
07-17-08, 3:12 pm
2 baking potatoes
1-2 tbs butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 pre-cooked turkey sausages, diced
4 large eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the outside of the potatoes and pierce each with a fork. Bake until fork-tender, about 45 minutes or you can microwave them; I prefer baking them. Carefully cut each potato in half. Scoop out the insides and stir in the butter and cheese. Fold in the sausages. Spoon the mixture back into the potato halves, creating a hollow in each center. Break 1 egg into each hollow and arrange on a baking sheet and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until the egg is set or...

you can pre-cook and scramble the eggs and toss with the butter, cheese, sausage and flesh of potatoes, then re-stuff the pot. skin

*Drool...*

Toni69
07-17-08, 3:15 pm
lol...yea, my son loves that last one.

Roland
07-17-08, 3:54 pm
TONI!!!!!!!! Are we having breakfast at your place?? Lol

mgmmaze
07-17-08, 4:24 pm
well as you know toni im almos home i started reading this thread and all i can say is god damn im hungry and need to get the fuck home like now!

Toni69
10-28-08, 10:14 pm
Grilled ham and cheese waffle sandwiches! oh hell yea! made this tonight for my kid and yes, I did my share of nibbling too. I happen to love breakfast for dinner anyway.

8 frozen toaster waffles (buttermilk or nutrigrain or any other healthy variety, plain)
1 tbs Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
1/2lb sliced deli ham ( we like virginia ham or smoked ham)
1/4lb Cheddar, thinly sliced but you can use any cheese you like
2tbs unsalted butter or I cant believe its not butter spray

Place 4 of the waffles on a work surface. Spread one side of each with the mustard. Top with the ham, cheese, and the remaining waffles. Spread the top of each sandwich with some of the butter. Melt the remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the skillet, buttered-side up. Cook, pressing occasionally with the back of a spatula, until the cheese melts and the waffles are golden, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.

Yea, this was awesome.

Toni69
10-28-08, 10:22 pm
wanted to mention for that last recipe..if you use I cant believe its not butter spray to coat the waffles, you will still need some butter in the pan or at least generously spray with pam, but butter will be much better overall. You want the waffles to get golden and crisp on the outside and to melt the cheese on the inside..so dont have the heat up too high either.

Toni69
10-28-08, 10:35 pm
3tbs unsalted butter
2tbs light brown sugar
2 medium sized bananas cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2tbs reduced fat heavy cream (I have even used fat free vanilla flavored coffee creamer here too, the liquid stuff by coffee mate)
8 slices bread or brioche
3 large eggs
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
powdered sugar optional for sprinkling

In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 2tbs of the butter until it foams. Add the brown sugar and stir for 30 seconds. Add the bananas, raise heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in 2tbs of the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.

Heat oven to 200 F. Place 4 slices of the bread on a cutting board. Divide the banana mixture evenly among the slices, leaving a border on all sides. Top with another slice of bread and press gently. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and cinnamon. Working in batches, soak the sandwiches in the egg mixture for 1-2 minutes per side.

Melt 1tbs of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry 2 sandwiches until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. You may need more butter to finish the sandwiches. Halve each sandwich on the diagonal, sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar, and serve.

Tip: You can use fresh peaches, apples and even berries if you want instead of bananas.

scals
10-28-08, 11:22 pm
At it again lol. I'm gonna have to try some of these.

Psycho77
10-28-08, 11:38 pm
Gonna try this tom Toni. thanks for sharing.

Hoomgar
10-29-08, 12:14 pm
Toni always making me hungry...

'C' Huck
04-23-09, 5:15 pm
Subbed...this is freaking awesome Toni!!!

Toni69
04-23-09, 9:15 pm
thank you..I need to start adding to my recipe threads..been slacking since I moved back here, LOL..sorry guys! I will start posting more recipes. I have been cooking a lot of new dishes too..yummy dishes!

Hoomgar
04-24-09, 9:58 am
thank you..I need to start adding to my recipe threads..been slacking since I moved back here, LOL..sorry guys! I will start posting more recipes. I have been cooking a lot of new dishes too..yummy dishes!

Yummy dishes sounds good to me Toni, looking forward to seeing what you've cooked up!

Toni69
04-24-09, 10:24 am
A FAV OF MINE FOR SURE..GONNA MISS THIS DURING SHOW PREP! this would make for a great Mother's day brunch type dessert for sure.

OATS:
3 cups water
1 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (spenda version works but has to be brown sugar)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups steel-cut (Irish) oats
pam

FRUIT COMPOTE:
2 cups water
1/4 cup packed brown sugar (you can use white sugar too)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
grated orange rind (1/2 orange, and this is optional)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or slivered almonds (optional)
1 (7oz) package dried mixed fruit bits...I actually like to mix dried cherries (like cherry flavored craisins) with fresh cranberries or blueberries

To prepare compote, combine 2 cups water, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and dried fruit in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer about 20 minutes or until thickened. Now this mix can stay in the fridge for 2 or more weeks in a sealed container and I would add it to just about anything for a sweet and tangy flavor..even to plain chicken and turkey breast.

You can serve this cold or warmed...either way its amazing and tastes even better couple days later.

To prepare oatmeal, combine the 3 cups water, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in oats. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon oatmeal into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with pam; cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or until set. Trust me, this is worth the small amt of prep work and will last in fridge a few days...so constant nibbling is def an option, lol.

Using a sharp knife, cut oatmeal into 8 equal squares or rectangles; cut each rectangle in half diagonally to form 16 triangles if you want to. Now you can eat this cold with the fruit spooned on top, or you can coat a nonstick pan with pam over m,ed heat, brown the squares to get them toasty and warm, then top with the cooled or warm fruit mix.

You will absolutely love this!

Toni69
04-24-09, 10:32 am
1 can (about 8 oz.) crushed pineapple or chop fresh if you like
About 1/2 cup cranberry juice blend (get some good stuff please)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup bulgur wheat (sold in all groceries in a small box)
1 cup chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbs each dried sweetened cranberries, dried currants or raisins, and chopped dates or figs
1/4 cup almonds (chopped or slivered)

Drain juice from pineapple and dry with paper towel; pour pineapple into a large bowl. To pineapple juice add enough cranberry juice blend to make 1 cup; pour into a 1 to 1 1/2-quart pan and add cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over high heat; add bulgur wheat to that. Stir, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until juices are absorbed, about 15 minutes.

2. Add to pineapple chunks the apples, lemon juice, cranberries, currants or raisins, dates, and nuts; mix. Add warm bulgur and mix.

3. Serve hot, warm, or cool; if making up to 1 day ahead, cover when cool and chill.

this is a great healthy snack that kids will love too..at least mine does and he has no clue how good it is for him either, LOL

JUGGERNAUT
04-24-09, 10:33 am
I thought I smelled something good.....

Toni69
04-24-09, 10:39 am
combine:
1/2 cup maple syrup (can be light but pure is best)
1/3 cup honey
1 tbs light corn syrup
1 1/2 tbs vanilla extract

4 1/2 cups regular oats
1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pam
1 (7oz) package dried mixed fruit, chopped (such as Sun-Maid brand)

Preheat oven to 325.

Combine oats, barley, walnuts, wheat germ, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add syrup mixture; stir well to coat. Spread oat mixture evenly onto a jelly-roll pan coated with pam. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Stir in dried fruit once out of oven. Cool completely.

Note: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. I pack in bags and take to go to J's games for a healthy energy snack for both of us during long days out and about. he sometimes throws in a bit of his own fav cereals just cause he is a kid and likes to experiment with flavors and snacks.

dannynb
04-24-09, 6:55 pm
Toni...ya know if Michi wouldn't kill me I'd ask ya to marry me... LOL All these recipes and only one stomach.....

Toni69
04-24-09, 7:29 pm
Toni...ya know if Michi wouldn't kill me I'd ask ya to marry me... LOL All these recipes and only one stomach.....

LOL...whatcha mean? I eat all this stuff..if I can eat it, you can eat it! She just gotta make it for ya...;)

I guess being a cow has its advantages huh..them and their 4 stomachs for just eating grass? I dont get it, LOL.

weedlewott
04-26-09, 2:26 pm
Damn... Being in the desert has its disadvantages. I swear i'm hittin these up when i get back stateside... i want some food now.

auburn_1984
01-20-11, 11:26 am
Here is one for you.

Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast
1 egg
1 dash vanilla extract and rum flavoring
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 slice bread (prefer wheat)
1 small banna,sliced
2 tablespoons butter

1. In a bowl beat egg and vanilla and rum together.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Place the banana slices on top of one of the slices of bread. Place the other slice of bread on top of the first, to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
3. In a skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Dip the sandwich into the egg mixture and place in the heated skillet. Cook until brown on both sides. Serve hot with syrup or honey.

quinto
10-27-11, 8:55 pm
i think i found THE best thread ever invented...