PDA

View Full Version : Yo Fellas, Introduce Yourself...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

HxC0180
05-04-13, 8:48 am
Hi Animals,

My name is Lennart. Have been lifting for almost four years. Due to depressions, injuries, a real bad medical condition but mostly own fuckups I achieved nothing. Currently fourth week on the Cube Method, enjoy it and injuries start to disappear.

19 yo 198 lbs 6'2
So I am one skinny bitch, but working to become an animal, main focus is on strength.

arush
05-04-13, 8:53 am
My name is Angie and I've been powerlifting since last fall. I only wish I had started earlier!! I currently live in Huntsville, AL and train at Deep South Barbell. I've done two meets so far, most recently was the SPF Women's Pro/AM in Cincinnati where I went 215-155-320, 690 total raw @ 148. That was such a super awesome event, getting to see some mind-blowing lifting by some of the world's most incredible ladies. Definitely inspring--just makes me want to work harder and keep getting stronger!!

TGoetsch
05-04-13, 10:22 am
Hey guys! Thought I'd drop a line here since I'm brand new to the FORVM.

About me: I am a 26-year-old guy living in Omaha, NE, and a full-time physical therapy student at the med center. I have been training for the last seven years. When I started, I pretty much jumped right into multi-ply gear. Eventually, I reached and recognized a point where no amount of equipment could add pounds to a weak foundation, and continued to get extremely frustrated, so I scrapped the gear and started training unequipped. I have since tried to get my toes wet and experience some different strength sports. I'm still (and will probably ALWAYS be) trying to take my weaknesses and turn them into strengths to make me a better athlete and to build a foundation of strength. I currently train out of two very good gyms, Omaha Barbell and Jobe’s Steel Jungle. My loves, and the focus of my training, are strongman and powerlifting. I competed in my first unequipped powerlifting competition recently, the USAPL NE state meet, and went 462.5/297/600.5 (a 1360 total) at 192 pounds bodyweight. I have competed in several strongman competitions, and have qualified for the 2013 NAS Nationals. I know that I still have a lot of room for improvement in these sports, and make sure that the things I am doing every day are keeping me on this path.

I look forward to keeping up on what you guys are doing and learning something along the way!

Kyle Lombardo
05-04-13, 1:15 pm
My name is Kyle Lombardo. I'm 27 years old from Knoxville Tennessee. I have been working out for around 9 years now. I am a competitive powerlifter and only been doing full powerlifting for a little over a year now. Before full power I did bench only and then ,over on to push/pull. My best push/pull total was 985 RAW at a BW of 254. I hit a bench of 485 and deadlifted 500. Currently I compete in SPF meets and my best RAW total is 1500 at BW of 259. I'm looking to smash that total on June 16th at the SPF nationals in Knoxville TN. I have also competed in 1 NAS strongman competition this year in Georgia. That was my first strongman competition and I loved it. I finished 3rd in the heavyweight division. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and I'm really looking forward to being part of the FORVM!!! Looking forward to meeting some great people and learning as much as Possibele from everyone!

bp455
05-04-13, 5:32 pm
Great to be hear saw Brandon Lilly's 10 week contest so signed up for the Animal Pack 1st.
Have been in bb and powerlifting on and off many years, been on many forums but have a hard time I just like to talk training hard core
and since have moved a few times lost touch and this looks like the place.
I have had some decnet numbers here and there and then always will have somthing else going on.

Rallly want to get back to a high level again getting close and have a few good people to train with at gym but my wife works a grave hard shift
so have to be home to watch my son before he goes to school so tough to train esp if do powerlifting equipped as need
good spotters.

Also have been qualified for nats 2 x and never stepped on nat bb stage but need a ton of work if ever do.

1st things first need to that really hardcore mental state going consistently in the gym which I feel now but need to keep it and this looks like the place to help me!!!
Look forward to the site.

JHOORNSTRA
05-04-13, 7:32 pm
Really well, thanks for asking. I compete raw-belt/wraps. In January I went 650-409-600 for a 1659 total at SHW. Second comp in April I went 750-440-650 for 1840 and a 181lbs total PR.

I'm moving down to 308lbs and competing in the USPA Beast of the Bluegrass meet Brandon Lilly is hosting in two weeks. Eventually my goal is to have a pro total in the 275lbs class and compete in the XPC Arnold. Thanks for asking. Really enjoying the sport so far!

Nice man, glad to hear...I feel ya, sucked me in too...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-04-13, 7:35 pm
Hi Animals,

My name is Lennart. Have been lifting for almost four years. Due to depressions, injuries, a real bad medical condition but mostly own fuckups I achieved nothing. Currently fourth week on the Cube Method, enjoy it and injuries start to disappear.

19 yo 198 lbs 6'2
So I am one skinny bitch, but working to become an animal, main focus is on strength.

Glad to hear it's getting better man, Brandon knows his stuff. Won't steer you wrong.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-04-13, 7:36 pm
My name is Angie and I've been powerlifting since last fall. I only wish I had started earlier!! I currently live in Huntsville, AL and train at Deep South Barbell. I've done two meets so far, most recently was the SPF Women's Pro/AM in Cincinnati where I went 215-155-320, 690 total raw @ 148. That was such a super awesome event, getting to see some mind-blowing lifting by some of the world's most incredible ladies. Definitely inspring--just makes me want to work harder and keep getting stronger!!

Welcome aboard Angie...it will pull you in for sure, my wife just going to some inspired her as well and now she competes in powerlifting as well as wanting to do figure but loves powerlifting, likes going heavy, etc. Definitely a fun sport.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-04-13, 7:39 pm
Hey guys! Thought I'd drop a line here since I'm brand new to the FORVM.

About me: I am a 26-year-old guy living in Omaha, NE, and a full-time physical therapy student at the med center. I have been training for the last seven years. When I started, I pretty much jumped right into multi-ply gear. Eventually, I reached and recognized a point where no amount of equipment could add pounds to a weak foundation, and continued to get extremely frustrated, so I scrapped the gear and started training unequipped. I have since tried to get my toes wet and experience some different strength sports. I'm still (and will probably ALWAYS be) trying to take my weaknesses and turn them into strengths to make me a better athlete and to build a foundation of strength. I currently train out of two very good gyms, Omaha Barbell and Jobe’s Steel Jungle. My loves, and the focus of my training, are strongman and powerlifting. I competed in my first unequipped powerlifting competition recently, the USAPL NE state meet, and went 462.5/297/600.5 (a 1360 total) at 192 pounds bodyweight. I have competed in several strongman competitions, and have qualified for the 2013 NAS Nationals. I know that I still have a lot of room for improvement in these sports, and make sure that the things I am doing every day are keeping me on this path.

I look forward to keeping up on what you guys are doing and learning something along the way!

Nice man, looks like you made a good choice, the foundation in powerlifting is important as in everything but sometimes hard to not only realize but to commit to. Looks like you're on the right track...I'm like you and have been sucked into both sports but luckily, they're two that go hand in hand.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-04-13, 7:40 pm
My name is Kyle Lombardo. I'm 27 years old from Knoxville Tennessee. I have been working out for around 9 years now. I am a competitive powerlifter and only been doing full powerlifting for a little over a year now. Before full power I did bench only and then ,over on to push/pull. My best push/pull total was 985 RAW at a BW of 254. I hit a bench of 485 and deadlifted 500. Currently I compete in SPF meets and my best RAW total is 1500 at BW of 259. I'm looking to smash that total on June 16th at the SPF nationals in Knoxville TN. I have also competed in 1 NAS strongman competition this year in Georgia. That was my first strongman competition and I loved it. I finished 3rd in the heavyweight division. Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and I'm really looking forward to being part of the FORVM!!! Looking forward to meeting some great people and learning as much as Possibele from everyone!

Nice man, glad to have you...I'm there with you, like powerlifting and full meet but always get talked into bench only...it's all fun though. Welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-04-13, 7:43 pm
Great to be hear saw Brandon Lilly's 10 week contest so signed up for the Animal Pack 1st.
Have been in bb and powerlifting on and off many years, been on many forums but have a hard time I just like to talk training hard core
and since have moved a few times lost touch and this looks like the place.
I have had some decnet numbers here and there and then always will have somthing else going on.

Rallly want to get back to a high level again getting close and have a few good people to train with at gym but my wife works a grave hard shift
so have to be home to watch my son before he goes to school so tough to train esp if do powerlifting equipped as need
good spotters.

Also have been qualified for nats 2 x and never stepped on nat bb stage but need a ton of work if ever do.

1st things first need to that really hardcore mental state going consistently in the gym which I feel now but need to keep it and this looks like the place to help me!!!
Look forward to the site.

Hey man, welcome. I feel ya on most everything you said...I started in bodybuilding also and never went to nationals...same with strongman, and ended up in powerlifting which I think suits me better. Also, finding a spotter is sometimes just a bitch. Hard to lift heavy with no one there that is strong enough to pull it off of you, committed to being there, etc. Sucks. Glad to have ya...

JHo

bp455
05-04-13, 9:59 pm
Hey man, welcome. I feel ya on most everything you said...I started in bodybuilding also and never went to nationals...same with strongman, and ended up in powerlifting which I think suits me better. Also, finding a spotter is sometimes just a bitch. Hard to lift heavy with no one there that is strong enough to pull it off of you, committed to being there, etc. Sucks. Glad to have ya...

JHo

Well coming from you that is a great compliment I am going to work my tail off to be the best I can I have done both raw and equip bench only and looking for some decent numbers for me of course no where and never will be close to
It is amazing to me that you can bench so great with such a med to cg bench.

Thanks again for the good words glad to be here.

JHOORNSTRA
05-04-13, 10:36 pm
Well coming from you that is a great compliment I am going to work my tail off to be the best I can I have done both raw and equip bench only and looking for some decent numbers for me of course no where and never will be close to
It is amazing to me that you can bench so great with such a med to cg bench.

Thanks again for the good words glad to be here.

Yeah, I just find that my hand position suits me as far as tricep/delt/lat/chest strength...makes a good balance of the strengths/weaknesses, etc. One of those, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...kind of things...

JHo

bp455
05-04-13, 10:42 pm
Yeah, I just find that my hand position suits me as far as tricep/delt/lat/chest strength...makes a good balance of the strengths/weaknesses, etc. One of those, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...kind of things...

JHo

agree for sure absolutely.

bp455
05-05-13, 12:12 pm
Introduced yesterday great to be hear want to start posting have a met or 2 in mind to train for powerlifting
so will see what meet and post some stuff nothing impressive but I have a decent bench for my wt noting world record but if I am going to be competitive
need to get my squat better my deads are not bad have not really trained for all 3 lifts for a full 10-12 weeks in 10-11 years.
So see what happens wt class 165-181 just depending on where wt is and if can get the day off work or w/family can leave a day early.

JHOORNSTRA
05-05-13, 1:44 pm
Introduced yesterday great to be hear want to start posting have a met or 2 in mind to train for powerlifting
so will see what meet and post some stuff nothing impressive but I have a decent bench for my wt noting world record but if I am going to be competitive
need to get my squat better my deads are not bad have not really trained for all 3 lifts for a full 10-12 weeks in 10-11 years.
So see what happens wt class 165-181 just depending on where wt is and if can get the day off work or w/family can leave a day early.

Right on man, glad to have ya.

JHo

CMDay91
05-05-13, 3:57 pm
My name is Carly and I've been in the lifting business since Feb 2011. Not very long. I wrestled for three years in high school. I dual-sported powerlifting with Brazilian Jiujitsu for about a year. I am 100% powerlifting now because I like the idea of competing against and beating myself. I'm a junior at the Virginia Military Institute where I compete with the school's powerlifting team. My federation is USAPL and I compete single ply. I want to be a 100% raw lifter. My long time goal is to get into more strongman training because I want to be a more well-round athlete.

I'm sorry to say that I've never really used any products to help my gains in lifting, i.e. protein powder, pre-working, etc. Never used any of it. Tried some sort of pre-workout once but it just make me sick. I've been plateauing recently so I've been doing some research and looking for guidance. I was suggested AnimalPak by a teammate and a mentor. I'm looking into investing in some products too.

I hope to learn a lot!

JHOORNSTRA
05-05-13, 8:39 pm
My name is Carly and I've been in the lifting business since Feb 2011. Not very long. I wrestled for three years in high school. I dual-sported powerlifting with Brazilian Jiujitsu for about a year. I am 100% powerlifting now because I like the idea of competing against and beating myself. I'm a junior at the Virginia Military Institute where I compete with the school's powerlifting team. My federation is USAPL and I compete single ply. I want to be a 100% raw lifter. My long time goal is to get into more strongman training because I want to be a more well-round athlete.

I'm sorry to say that I've never really used any products to help my gains in lifting, i.e. protein powder, pre-working, etc. Never used any of it. Tried some sort of pre-workout once but it just make me sick. I've been plateauing recently so I've been doing some research and looking for guidance. I was suggested AnimalPak by a teammate and a mentor. I'm looking into investing in some products too.

I hope to learn a lot!

You're definitely in the right place. Search around and look at the forvm and you'll see a ton in the diet section, supplements, etc about everything you could ever take. Pre-workouts may be hard at first if you've never had it especially if on empty stomach, take the wrong one, etc so that's understandable how it could happen. You'll get good guidance here.

JHo

JB
05-06-13, 11:49 am
Whuddup ANIMALS! im 19, 5'9 and 150. Yeah it sounds small but theres a story behind it. When i was 14 I was diagnosed with Crohns disease. When i was diagnosed i was 5'3 and 73 lbs. I was small, weak, and defenseless; afraid of the gym, afraid of supplements and of the bigger guys. I started training around 17, but got nowhere do to my stomach disease. After about a year, i looked at myself in the mirror and said F*** THAT! I went and bought myself my first REAL supp. M-STAK. When i started it I was 5'7 and 112 lb. The first week OF my second cycle i gained 8.5 lb. 1 MUTHAF***IN WEEK! when i finished both my cycles I was a solid 138 lb. Ever since then ive been spreadin the word about Animal and relying only on animal for my size and strength gains. Im currently on Animal Pump and M-stak. about to start a second cycle.

Appollonian
05-06-13, 12:22 pm

I hope to learn a lot!

Welcome, my dad went to VMI, I heard all about it growing up. You're in the right place to learn/share information.

JHOORNSTRA
05-07-13, 12:32 am
Whuddup ANIMALS! im 19, 5'9 and 150. Yeah it sounds small but theres a story behind it. When i was 14 I was diagnosed with Crohns disease. When i was diagnosed i was 5'3 and 73 lbs. I was small, weak, and defenseless; afraid of the gym, afraid of supplements and of the bigger guys. I started training around 17, but got nowhere do to my stomach disease. After about a year, i looked at myself in the mirror and said F*** THAT! I went and bought myself my first REAL supp. M-STAK. When i started it I was 5'7 and 112 lb. The first week OF my second cycle i gained 8.5 lb. 1 MUTHAF***IN WEEK! when i finished both my cycles I was a solid 138 lb. Ever since then ive been spreadin the word about Animal and relying only on animal for my size and strength gains. Im currently on Animal Pump and M-stak. about to start a second cycle.

Awesome story of overcoming man, sometimes the best motivation is someone saying you can't do something. Inspiring...keep it up.

JHo

chief429
05-07-13, 12:22 pm
Happy to have found my kind of people. I have been in the military for 16 years I am a network technician. I started training pretty hard starting in 2008 I am wanting what just about everyone wants to gain mass and lean out. I am looking for good advice on everything from splits to nutrition.
5'11

looks like I found the right place to keep my mind right, motivation up, and knowledge flowing.

thank you for your time.

Li'l Red
05-07-13, 1:35 pm
Happy to have found my kind of people. I have been in the military for 16 years I am a network technician. I started training pretty hard starting in 2008 I am wanting what just about everyone wants to gain mass and lean out. I am looking for good advice on everything from splits to nutrition.
5'11

looks like I found the right place to keep my mind right, motivation up, and knowledge flowing.

thank you for your time.

Welcome!!

Just curious, 5'11 @ 185....do you need to lean out much? Is your focus to gain mass while staying lean?

JHOORNSTRA
05-07-13, 3:33 pm
At the right place man...plenty of info and motivation for all...welcome.

JHo

ACarter92
05-07-13, 3:35 pm
How's it going guys? My name is Adam and I'm a 20 year old powerlifter from upstate NY. I've been competing for about 6 years now but started my lifting journey when I was 10. I got picked on for being chubby and got tossed around a bit by the older kids in school so getting stronger seemed like a good idea lol. I can remember sitting in my 5th grade class itching to get home and work with my 10lb DBs. Fast forward a few years and I was a svelte (lol) teeny bopper who didn't know what the hell he was doing but busted ass day in and day out.

At 14, I met a friend of my Dad's who owned a gym for people with disabilities called Warriors on Wheels. Ned needed help transporting people in and out of the gym and offered me a job. He was a powerlifter and weightlifter but also the nicest most humble dude I had ever met. Ned taught me a lot about lifting that summer and I learned even more from his clients. Whenever I think I'm having a shitty day, I think about the people I met at Warriors who couldn't walk or see but always had smiles on their faces. Ned got me ready for my first meet in 2007 and I still look to him for guidance. Lifting has always been an outlet for me but when I started competing and making PR's on the platform, my life really turned around. The confidence gained from powerlifting has spilled over into all aspects of my life and has helped me get through some rough patches. I'm excited to be apart of this forum and to learn from the best, thank you!

JHOORNSTRA
05-07-13, 3:43 pm
How's it going guys? My name is Adam and I'm a 20 year old powerlifter from upstate NY. I've been competing for about 6 years now but started my lifting journey when I was 10. I got picked on for being chubby and got tossed around a bit by the older kids in school so getting stronger seemed like a good idea lol. I can remember sitting in my 5th grade class itching to get home and work with my 10lb DBs. Fast forward a few years and I was a svelte (lol) teeny bopper who didn't know what the hell he was doing but busted ass day in and day out.

At 14, I met a friend of my Dad's who owned a gym for people with disabilities called Warriors on Wheels. Ned needed help transporting people in and out of the gym and offered me a job. He was a powerlifter and weightlifter but also the nicest most humble dude I had ever met. Ned taught me a lot about lifting that summer and I learned even more from his clients. Whenever I think I'm having a shitty day, I think about the people I met at Warriors who couldn't walk or see but always had smiles on their faces. Ned got me ready for my first meet in 2007 and I still look to him for guidance. Lifting has always been an outlet for me but when I started competing and making PR's on the platform, my life really turned around. The confidence gained from powerlifting has spilled over into all aspects of my life and has helped me get through some rough patches. I'm excited to be apart of this forum and to learn from the best, thank you!

That's awesome you grew up in that environment...learned a lot about others and where they came from as well as yourself. Other than where you lifted, very similar to me, the beginning part at least. Glad to have you aboard brother...

JHo

bbenzel
05-07-13, 4:10 pm
A little info about myself. I am 26 years old and live in Omaha, NE. I have been training in some fashion for 7-8 years, but have only really been training to compete for the last 3. I started off thinking I wanted to get into powerlifting, and then found a strongman gym in Council Bluffs. Since finding that I fell in love with being a strongman and that is my main focus for training. Within the last year I have started competing in powerlifting too, just to compete more often. I just competed in the USAPL Nebraska State meet as a 125+ kg lifter and totalled 715 kg with a 247.5 (545 pounds) squat, 172.5 (381) bench, and 295 (650) deadlift. I have several strongman competitions on the horizon as well.

JHOORNSTRA
05-07-13, 5:06 pm
A little info about myself. I am 26 years old and live in Omaha, NE. I have been training in some fashion for 7-8 years, but have only really been training to compete for the last 3. I started off thinking I wanted to get into powerlifting, and then found a strongman gym in Council Bluffs. Since finding that I fell in love with being a strongman and that is my main focus for training. Within the last year I have started competing in powerlifting too, just to compete more often. I just competed in the USAPL Nebraska State meet as a 125+ kg lifter and totalled 715 kg with a 247.5 (545 pounds) squat, 172.5 (381) bench, and 295 (650) deadlift. I have several strongman competitions on the horizon as well.

Nice man...they go hand in hand as far as training. I've done both as have many others here. Glad to have you as well.

JHo

ACarter92
05-07-13, 5:20 pm
That's awesome you grew up in that environment...learned a lot about others and where they came from as well as yourself. Other than where you lifted, very similar to me, the beginning part at least. Glad to have you aboard brother...

JHo

Thanks Jeremy! I have been watching you since I was about 15, the all-time record is yours dude, CRUSH IT!

JHOORNSTRA
05-07-13, 5:57 pm
Thanks Jeremy! I have been watching you since I was about 15, the all-time record is yours dude, CRUSH IT!

Thanks man...hopefully soon...looking for it in July

BrianShaw
05-08-13, 5:33 pm
Been lurking around many different sites for quite a while, so might as well introduce myself. My name is Brian, I'm a 39 yr old iron addict. I've been a bench only, and Ironman powerlifting competetor for several years now in the 198, and now 220lb class. My best lifts to date are a geared competition Bench of 605lbs at 207 lb bw. My squat has always been my weak point (hence the bench only and Ironman), but finally decided to get my ass under the bar and go full power. My best meet squat is only 585 lb, and a DL 585 lb. Both of these were done in a meet that I not only competed in, but ran the platform spotting and loading for all of the morning session, after setting up for 12 hours the day before. I've trained using the West Side template for quite a while, mixed with some guidance from the guys over at Big Iron. Recently I have been following the Cube Method for the last 8 weeks, after 2 attempts to get things past the 2 week mark on the program (Kids, a long overdue vacation with the wife and life kinda got in the way the first 2 times). I'm happy to say that I've managed to finally get my squat and deadlift over 600lbs (gym lifts) on this program while putting on an additional 8lbs of BW. My wife has even been doing the program with me! This is a woman who has NEVER done any form of weight training in her life. My main motivation is my kids. The look at me as if I am a superhero, and I never want that to go away. I train at home in my basement now, and usually start my training @ 9:00 at nigt after working 10-12 hr days. Enough rambling...Hello!

bp455
05-08-13, 6:55 pm
Been lurking around many different sites for quite a while, so might as well introduce myself. My name is Brian, I'm a 39 yr old iron addict. I've been a bench only, and Ironman powerlifting competetor for several years now in the 198, and now 220lb class. My best lifts to date are a geared competition Bench of 605lbs at 207 lb bw. My squat has always been my weak point (hence the bench only and Ironman), but finally decided to get my ass under the bar and go full power. My best meet squat is only 585 lb, and a DL 585 lb. Both of these were done in a meet that I not only competed in, but ran the platform spotting and loading for all of the morning session, after setting up for 12 hours the day before. I've trained using the West Side template for quite a while, mixed with some guidance from the guys over at Big Iron. Recently I have been following the Cube Method for the last 8 weeks, after 2 attempts to get things past the 2 week mark on the program (Kids, a long overdue vacation with the wife and life kinda got in the way the first 2 times). I'm happy to say that I've managed to finally get my squat and deadlift over 600lbs (gym lifts) on this program while putting on an additional 8lbs of BW. My wife has even been doing the program with me! This is a woman who has NEVER done any form of weight training in her life. My main motivation is my kids. The look at me as if I am a superhero, and I never want that to go away. I train at home in my basement now, and usually start my training @ 9:00 at nigt after working 10-12 hr days. Enough rambling...Hello!

seen your name somewhere on some lifting results got some good lifts keep going and glad your here!!

JHOORNSTRA
05-08-13, 7:35 pm

Hey man, awesome, glad to have you. I'm with you, lots of stuff comes up in life and I always put family first. Sounds like you have everything in line and I wish you the best. Glad to have ya...

And bp455, you may have seen his name, may have been him, but I was also sponsored, at one time, with Brian Shaw, who won met-rx's strongest man, few other international shows, 6'9, 430lb...big boy...but his name was plastered all over for quite a while...strong name I guess.

bp455
05-08-13, 10:41 pm
Hey man, awesome, glad to have you. I'm with you, lots of stuff comes up in life and I always put family first. Sounds like you have everything in line and I wish you the best. Glad to have ya...

And bp455, you may have seen his name, may have been him, but I was also sponsored, at one time, with Brian Shaw, who won met-rx's strongest man, few other international shows, 6'9, 430lb...big boy...but his name was plastered all over for quite a while...strong name I guess.

I know of course real big me being about 5'5" or shorter w/age and lifting now, he is real real big but I knw who you guy's are of course!!

I have competed in quite a few org's and do remember seeing the Brian Shaw who jsut posted not sure where or when but remember seeing name and results somewhere.

JHOORNSTRA
05-08-13, 11:03 pm
I know of course real big me being about 5'5" or shorter w/age and lifting now, he is real real big but I knw who you guy's are of course!!

I have competed in quite a few org's and do remember seeing the Brian Shaw who jsut posted not sure where or when but remember seeing name and results somewhere.

Yeah now that you mention it I think I've seen it as well on powerliftingwatch.com...made me think it was strongman Brian but then saw the weight class...

bp455
05-08-13, 11:14 pm
Yeah now that you mention it I think I've seen it as well on powerliftingwatch.com...made me think it was strongman Brian but then saw the weight class...

same hear I don't know Brian strong man competitor but have his body must be close to 200 6'9" big is not even a good explanation.
yes weight class and have seen his name somewhere like I said.

chief429
05-09-13, 10:11 am
Welcome!!

Just curious, 5'11 @ 185....do you need to lean out much? Is your focus to gain mass while staying lean?

Yes sir, I would like to continue putting on lean muscle while droping fat. I am not concerned about my weight just losing some more fat and get in that 8-11 percent body fat range and look yoked for a fairly small guy.

BrianShaw
05-09-13, 1:08 pm
seen your name somewhere on some lifting results got some good lifts keep going and glad your here!!

I regularly compete through RPS. I currently hold several CT state and New England Regional records at 198 and 220, all at submaster level and geared. Hoping to bump those numbers upa bit befor moving to Masters in Feb.

JHOORNSTRA
05-09-13, 9:39 pm
I regularly compete through RPS. I currently hold several CT state and New England Regional records at 198 and 220, all at submaster level and geared. Hoping to bump those numbers upa bit befor moving to Masters in Feb.

Where in New England? I did a show called New England Record Breakers a few years back in Worchester...but called "wuster" if you're native I guess...Good show, Coan judged, Kaz announced, well run meet.

JHo

m_cuevas
05-20-13, 4:43 pm
Hey guys, names cuevas (last name). I've been powerlifting for about 2 years. I don't just move weight, I only do it with purpose. I'm very interested in learning not only the strength part of this sport but also the nutritional factors and physiological aspects of this sport. I like to learn, to me there's no such thing as useless knowledge.

The Ant
05-20-13, 5:01 pm
Hey guys, names cuevas (last name). I've been powerlifting for about 2 years. I don't just move weight, I only do it with purpose. I'm very interested in learning not only the strength part of this sport but also the nutritional factors and physiological aspects of this sport. I like to learn, to me there's no such thing as useless knowledge.

Welcome aboard Cuevas

JHOORNSTRA
05-20-13, 5:15 pm

Completely agree with everything. Lift with purpose...knowledge is power. Welcome.

JHo

amarco418
05-20-13, 6:02 pm
What's up guys my name is Alex Marco, 21 y/o college student from southeast MA. Got into the game about a year ago with a friend who trains and fell in love with it. Since then i've become addicted to the lifestyle. At 165 I have recently pulled 500lbs raw deadlift. Will be competing first time this summer, hoping to come in and shock everyone.
I hope to learn alot from all of you and and input from anyone is greatly appreciated.

JamesSHW
05-20-13, 8:26 pm
My name is James Smith. Ive been training fpr about 2 years. Starting competing in powerlifting this year. Won my first meet. I have a big future ahead of me in this sport. And cant wait to get there. Im all natural and think thats the only way to do it. My ext meet in july 27 in allentown pa. Camt wait. Got big goals set for that meet. Im going to kill them.

JHOORNSTRA
05-20-13, 11:43 pm
What's up guys my name is Alex Marco, 21 y/o college student from southeast MA. Got into the game about a year ago with a friend who trains and fell in love with it. Since then i've become addicted to the lifestyle. At 165 I have recently pulled 500lbs raw deadlift. Will be competing first time this summer, hoping to come in and shock everyone.
I hope to learn alot from all of you and and input from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Nice lifting man, congrats.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-20-13, 11:44 pm
My name is James Smith. Ive been training fpr about 2 years. Starting competing in powerlifting this year. Won my first meet. I have a big future ahead of me in this sport. And cant wait to get there. Im all natural and think thats the only way to do it. My ext meet in july 27 in allentown pa. Camt wait. Got big goals set for that meet. Im going to kill them.

Go for it man.

JHo

Ohcraneesuke
05-22-13, 11:48 pm
Yo fellas, what's going on. I'm a young 18 year old athlete born in Romania who loves to hit the weight room. I've been working out for almost two years now and it's been a great journey. I know I'll be hitting the gym religiously for as long as I possibly can the rest of my life.

JHOORNSTRA
05-23-13, 4:22 pm
Yo fellas, what's going on. I'm a young 18 year old athlete born in Romania who loves to hit the weight room. I've been working out for almost two years now and it's been a great journey. I know I'll be hitting the gym religiously for as long as I possibly can the rest of my life.

Right on man, glad to hear.

JHo

Swiggs_30
05-25-13, 10:50 am
Whats Up Guys, name is Bob been training pretty much since I was 18, just started powerlifting seriously; built a gym in the garage looking forward to making progress, being better than yesterday, and moving iron.

Li'l Red
05-25-13, 5:04 pm
Whats Up Guys, name is Bob been training pretty much since I was 18, just started powerlifting seriously; built a gym in the garage looking forward to making progress, being better than yesterday, and moving iron.

Hi! Do you have others that lift with you?

BRUTALMASS
05-28-13, 10:33 am
Sup iron brothers!

Maximus_315
05-28-13, 4:16 pm
Hello to the Legion of Iron. I am Demijan from Zagreb, Croatia in Europe. Iron runs through my soul down to the bone! I live for this shit. I will be posting my training methodology for bodybuilding and powerlifting. I wrote programs for the both worlds which work for me and people i help in their pursuit to better themselves so check these out. Thank you for having me.

Swiggs_30
05-28-13, 5:15 pm
Hi! Do you have others that lift with you?

Li'L Red Whats up, right now i am flying solo on the powerlifting side, have friends that may come for a kettlebell session but they have not stated to drink the deadlift kool-aid yet.

Squat2Depth
05-28-13, 8:29 pm
Hey everyone! I just joined up here at the boards. I found my way over by following Brandon Lilly's logs. I'm a 25 year old powerlifter and am currently less than 2 weeks out from my next comp.

Li'l Red
05-29-13, 10:17 am
Hey everyone! I just joined up here at the boards. I found my way over by following Brandon Lilly's logs. I'm a 25 year old powerlifter and am currently less than 2 weeks out from my next comp.

Welcome and good luck!! Where is the meet?

Li'l Red
05-29-13, 10:22 am
Li'L Red Whats up, right now i am flying solo on the powerlifting side, have friends that may come for a kettlebell session but they have not stated to drink the deadlift kool-aid yet.

I tried to see where you are located, would be badass if you found some people to hook up with to train on here! Good luck!

Riffmaster
05-29-13, 5:15 pm
What up bros, I'm Riffmaster. That's the name a lot of my friends, namely bandmates, gave me. I got into lifting to switch a few destructive addictions for one very constructive one. Day in day out, the gym is my life. There's no therapy like iron. Like everyone else, I'm here to gain and share knowledge on how to better myself physically and mentally. I look forward to meeting y'all and being part of the animal family. God bless, brothers.

STRONGmanmike
05-29-13, 9:27 pm
Hey guys, new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is mike and obviously I am a strongman. I am fairly new to strongman but not to weightlifting. This past year I competed in the Cowtown's Strongest Man and 2012 NAS Nationals. At this point I am just trying to eat big, train hard, and build some solid strength. I have been training at Metroflex Fort Worth for around 2 years now and if your ever in the area you need to stop by. Its by far the most badass hardcore gym in the country. Thanks for reading this and I look forward to learning and sharing knowledge here on the forum. Train hard and stay healthy!

-STRONGmanmike

Squat2Depth
05-30-13, 6:36 am
Welcome and good luck!! Where is the meet?

The meet is in Charlotte, NC. It's the RPS Backyard Bash.

LebanonDon3
05-30-13, 9:26 am
Whats up guys? I'm from the blue collar community of Youngstown, OH. I've been lifting semi-seriously for about for about 4 years, but only to supplement my sports interests. I've finally found my new love in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, so my goals are a little unique. I would like to win a power lifting competition and also be one of the better BJJ practitioners in Ohio. They are an antithesis: One judged completely on strength alone, the other preaches technique over all. Anyways, thanks for having me.

bp455
05-30-13, 12:44 pm
The meet is in Charlotte, NC. It's the RPS Backyard Bash.

live in Raleigh thought about going but not ready now

Li'l Red
05-30-13, 2:17 pm
Whats up guys? I'm from the blue collar community of Youngstown, OH. I've been lifting semi-seriously for about for about 4 years, but only to supplement my sports interests. I've finally found my new love in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, so my goals are a little unique. I would like to win a power lifting competition and also be one of the better BJJ practitioners in Ohio. They are an antithesis: One judged completely on strength alone, the other preaches technique over all. Anyways, thanks for having me.

That IS interesting. They are different energy systems also. But I think you will find there is more technique involved in successful powerlifting than you would think. Good luck! Will be interesting to see how you progress

Nman
05-30-13, 3:25 pm
What's up guys..... I currently live in West Jordan, UT. I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I played collegiate football and had a great time! Life's Too Short To Be Small and I want to reach my goals. I have been following The Cube since Mid December when I got it and have been following Kiefer's Carb Back-loading for my diet. I'm currently 230ish, I have competed at 242 and 220. I'm planning on competing at 220 this August. I'm happy to learn from others, share my experiences and be a part of this community.

GruntCorps
05-30-13, 9:51 pm
Hows it going guys....I currently live in Rancho Cordova, Ca just got out of the Marine Corps in Jan. Served in Afghanistan with 3rd Battalion 7th Marines as well as security forces and combat marksmanship coach. Now I'm just a unemployed coolege student working towards my degree and focusing on becoming a Police Officer. Just now hitting the gym again full force due to injuries right now I'm 5'10 200lbs, refining my diet FOCUSING ON DIET I am always slacking on the diet side. But glad to be on the forum and lots of good trash on here. Later

Invalesco
05-31-13, 12:18 am
What's up gentlemen? Invalesco here and I've been lifting about 10 years now. Last year I did my first powerlifting competition and did pretty good for my first, but I want more. I'm pumped up to be part of a forum like this where everyone wants to be the best. I'm a raw lifter and my current goals are a 750 Squat, 750 dead, and 500 bench and with the help of everyone here, I know I'll be there in no time. Ready to start this journey

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:10 pm

welcome man

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:13 pm
Hello to the Legion of Iron. I am Demijan from Zagreb, Croatia in Europe. Iron runs through my soul down to the bone! I live for this shit. I will be posting my training methodology for bodybuilding and powerlifting. I wrote programs for the both worlds which work for me and people i help in their pursuit to better themselves so check these out. Thank you for having me.

Awesome man, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:14 pm

Welcome, good luck man.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:14 pm
What up bros, I'm Riffmaster. That's the name a lot of my friends, namely bandmates, gave me. I got into lifting to switch a few destructive addictions for one very constructive one. Day in day out, the gym is my life. There's no therapy like iron. Like everyone else, I'm here to gain and share knowledge on how to better myself physically and mentally. I look forward to meeting y'all and being part of the animal family. God bless, brothers.

Glad to have ya man.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:15 pm
Hey guys, new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is mike and obviously I am a strongman. I am fairly new to strongman but not to weightlifting. This past year I competed in the Cowtown's Strongest Man and 2012 NAS Nationals. At this point I am just trying to eat big, train hard, and build some solid strength. I have been training at Metroflex Fort Worth for around 2 years now and if your ever in the area you need to stop by. Its by far the most badass hardcore gym in the country. Thanks for reading this and I look forward to learning and sharing knowledge here on the forum. Train hard and stay healthy!

-STRONGmanmike

Welcome man, I think I know a few people there...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:16 pm

Sounds like a good combination, should compliment each other well.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:35 pm
What's up guys..... I currently live in West Jordan, UT. I'm excited to be a part of this forum. I played collegiate football and had a great time! Life's Too Short To Be Small and I want to reach my goals. I have been following The Cube since Mid December when I got it and have been following Kiefer's Carb Back-loading for my diet. I'm currently 230ish, I have competed at 242 and 220. I'm planning on competing at 220 this August. I'm happy to learn from others, share my experiences and be a part of this community.

Welcome man, glad to have ya. Where did you go to school?

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:37 pm
Hows it going guys....I currently live in Rancho Cordova, Ca just got out of the Marine Corps in Jan. Served in Afghanistan with 3rd Battalion 7th Marines as well as security forces and combat marksmanship coach. Now I'm just a unemployed coolege student working towards my degree and focusing on becoming a Police Officer. Just now hitting the gym again full force due to injuries right now I'm 5'10 200lbs, refining my diet FOCUSING ON DIET I am always slacking on the diet side. But glad to be on the forum and lots of good trash on here. Later

Thanks for serving man. Welcome. Good luck with the academy.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-01-13, 3:38 pm
What's up gentlemen? Invalesco here and I've been lifting about 10 years now. Last year I did my first powerlifting competition and did pretty good for my first, but I want more. I'm pumped up to be part of a forum like this where everyone wants to be the best. I'm a raw lifter and my current goals are a 750 Squat, 750 dead, and 500 bench and with the help of everyone here, I know I'll be there in no time. Ready to start this journey

Nice man, good goal...plenty of knowledge here.

JHo

Ben
06-03-13, 5:45 am
whats up guys, just turned 18 live in Northampton, England and a beginner in training and dieting and am currently using the HIT way of training. I'm looking forward to some advice and info I can pick up off others, particularly on the nutritional aspect.

RCAF
06-03-13, 1:46 pm
Yo today I am doing my initial weight in and measurements before starting my new 12 week program, designed specifically by me.

I will be updating weekly, every monday evening, and I will put a link in my profile

I was 310lbs in january, now down to 250 ish - gonna get exact shit this afternoon, and will outline what I did to lose the weight, and get my starting strength back.

Name is Chris, 6"0 Canadian Forces Base Borden!
:)

j.joly
06-03-13, 11:15 pm
whats up guys?

I'm Jordan, 20 yrs old living and training in Victoria BC. Got into training sort of by accident in highschool human perfomrnace class as an elective. Last semester of grade 12 I weighed maybe 150lbs and was one of 2 kids that couldnt bench 135 for a single rep. I busted my ass the 5 months in that class determined not to be so embarassed at the final test - I accomplished my goal and benched 135x5. 3 years and almost 45lbs later the fire is burning stronger than ever, after that first accomplishment I havent been able to stop. The feeling of doing something I've never done before is one of the best in the world. excited to be amongst all of you, hope to learn lots, get motivated and help where I can.

cheers boys

Li'l Red
06-03-13, 11:34 pm
whats up guys?

I'm Jordan, 20 yrs old living and training in Victoria BC. Got into training sort of by accident in highschool human perfomrnace class as an elective. Last semester of grade 12 I weighed maybe 150lbs and was one of 2 kids that couldnt bench 135 for a single rep. I busted my ass the 5 months in that class determined not to be so embarassed at the final test - I accomplished my goal and benched 135x5. 3 years and almost 45lbs later the fire is burning stronger than ever, after that first accomplishment I havent been able to stop. The feeling of doing something I've never done before is one of the best in the world. excited to be amongst all of you, hope to learn lots, get motivated and help where I can.

cheers boys

That is awesome!! Welcome!

JHOORNSTRA
06-04-13, 9:06 am
whats up guys, just turned 18 live in Northampton, England and a beginner in training and dieting and am currently using the HIT way of training. I'm looking forward to some advice and info I can pick up off others, particularly on the nutritional aspect.

Welcome man, plenty of advice here...theres a whole section dedicated to diet here as well.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-04-13, 9:08 am
Yo today I am doing my initial weight in and measurements before starting my new 12 week program, designed specifically by me.

I will be updating weekly, every monday evening, and I will put a link in my profile

I was 310lbs in january, now down to 250 ish - gonna get exact shit this afternoon, and will outline what I did to lose the weight, and get my starting strength back.

Name is Chris, 6"0 Canadian Forces Base Borden!
:)

Nice man, that's a person you lost...congrats

JHOORNSTRA
06-04-13, 9:09 am
whats up guys?

cheers boys

Nice man, welcome.

JHo

RCAF
06-07-13, 3:05 pm
Nice man, that's a person you lost...congrats

Thanks brotha, I am also ready to get serious with my nutrition.

I have eaten and prepared all my weekly meals this week, small accomplishment for me but a big step none the less

JHOORNSTRA
06-07-13, 4:16 pm
Thanks brotha, I am also ready to get serious with my nutrition.

I have eaten and prepared all my weekly meals this week, small accomplishment for me but a big step none the less

That's the way to do it especially if you're trying to break a habit. If the healthy food is there and already cooked, much more likely to eat that over shit...good luck.

JHo

HudsonHornet
06-12-13, 4:54 pm
New here....41y.o.
use to weight train for power and strength in the past. use to fight MMA professionally. now after 5 years I have decided to get my old bones back to all of it.
in the past i was always a fan of animal....supplements and motivation so decided to join the forvm.

hope to be part of the brotherhood.

HudsonHornet
06-12-13, 4:54 pm
dbl

The Ant
06-12-13, 5:02 pm
New here....41y.o.
use to weight train for power and strength in the past. use to fight MMA professionally. now after 5 years I have decided to get my old bones back to all of it.
in the past i was always a fan of animal....supplements and motivation so decided to join the forvm.

Welcome back to reality and glad to have you here with us Double H let's get it!

JHOORNSTRA
06-13-13, 10:43 am
New here....41y.o.

Nice man, welcome back

HudsonHornet
06-13-13, 2:30 pm
Nice man, welcome back

thanks guys.
i know it's going to be a long road back...but i'm looking forward to it.

Teen_Beast
06-13-13, 4:32 pm
Im 19 years old I have been powerlifting for 4 years now and just started my life time goal to become the youngest IFBB pro bodybuilder! Im stepping on stage for the 1st time in 12 weeks so Im here for motivation and to help show my support to Animal the most BAD ASS supplements I only use, and to get help from everybody here! Its time to step up a few levels!!

JHOORNSTRA
06-13-13, 9:10 pm
Im 19 years old I have been powerlifting for 4 years now and just started my life time goal to become the youngest IFBB pro bodybuilder! Im stepping on stage for the 1st time in 12 weeks so Im here for motivation and to help show my support to Animal the most BAD ASS supplements I only use, and to get help from everybody here! Its time to step up a few levels!!

Nice man, go get it

JHo

Universal Rep
06-14-13, 9:03 am

Ur in the rite place brotha. Welcome TB...

James500
06-16-13, 6:02 pm
What's up everybody? my name is James i live in Atlanta Ga and i train at LA Fitness not the typical powerlifting gym but it works for me, i am 49 years old, i am a raw a bench only guy that competes as a SHW i mostly compete in the WNPF my competition bench is 455lbs my goal is to bench 500lbs in competion again i did do it in the mid 90's i have already started a training log on this forum, my training is old school no chains and bands everything is full range of motion

STRONGmanmike
06-17-13, 10:48 am
What's up everybody? my name is James i live in Atlanta Ga and i train at LA Fitness not the typical powerlifting gym but it works for me, i am 49 years old, i am a raw a bench only guy that competes as a SHW i mostly compete in the WNPF my competition bench is 455lbs my goal is to bench 500lbs in competion again i did do it in the mid 90's i have already started a training log on this forum, my training is old school no chains and bands everything is full range of motion

welcome bro, hope to see you hit that 500 and beyond! Good Luck!

James500
06-17-13, 1:15 pm
Thank you STRONGmanmike

JHOORNSTRA
06-19-13, 10:48 am

Welcome man, I like the old school methods...glad to have ya.

JHo

anonymous_burn
06-25-13, 12:17 pm
Hey everyone. I'm 29, training to be big and strong. I train like a powerlifter but haven't stepped on the platform yet so I don't call myself one. I stepped off of my couch into the gym about 3 years ago with no athletic background at all because I was tired of being small and weak. I"m 5'8'', roughly 205, best gym numbers are 325 squat, 245 bench, 415 dead (all raw no wraps straps or suits, and that's the last time I'll ever type that lol). I look forward to following the discussions here, I've never seen or heard of a forum with this many high level guys in it.

JHOORNSTRA
06-25-13, 12:23 pm
Hey everyone. I'm 29, training to be big and strong. I train like a powerlifter but haven't stepped on the platform yet so I don't call myself one. I stepped off of my couch into the gym about 3 years ago with no athletic background at all because I was tired of being small and weak. I"m 5'8'', roughly 205, best gym numbers are 325 squat, 245 bench, 415 dead (all raw no wraps straps or suits, and that's the last time I'll ever type that lol). I look forward to following the discussions here, I've never seen or heard of a forum with this many high level guys in it.

Right on man, glad you got the motivation to make a step in the right direction. I'm sure you're hooked, congrats. Welcome to the board.

JHo

dRbEEf
06-25-13, 2:53 pm
Just like to say hello to all the Animal family out there. My name is Brandon and I'm for England. I am 42 yrs old and weigh around 275lbs. Been training for a long time now and the passion for it has never gone. totally love it.
Some of my best lifts are 230kg/507lbs bench, 270kg/595lbs squat. Never got on with the dead lift but managed 270kg on that for reps, all lifts are raw. My training has changed over the years as my age got older ;) but still push to do the best I can. If anyone is wondering about the forum name, dRbEEf. It's my online gaming name, massive freak when it comes to gaming and the name has stuck with me along the way. That's the short version of me but glad to post here and hope to hear some replies soon.

JHOORNSTRA
06-25-13, 2:56 pm
Just like to say hello to all the Animal family out there. My name is Brandon and I'm for England. I am 42 yrs old and weigh around 275lbs. Been training for a long time now and the passion for it has never gone. totally love it.
Some of my best lifts are 230kg/507lbs bench, 270kg/595lbs squat. Never got on with the dead lift but managed 270kg on that for reps, all lifts are raw. My training has changed over the years as my age got older ;) but still push to do the best I can. If anyone is wondering about the forum name, dRbEEf. It's my online gaming name, massive freak when it comes to gaming and the name has stuck with me along the way. That's the short version of me but glad to post here and hope to hear some replies soon.

Welcome from the other side of the planet...glad to have ya...

JHo

NLDreamer94
06-25-13, 4:23 pm
Whats up guys! Names Nick I'm 19 livin in the metro Detroit area. Just recently got into fitness after a bad breakup and a lot of other shit in high school and now I'm fully committed to one day competing in Men's Bodybuilding! Ive come down from little to no muscle at 220 pounds to 187-190 and I'm guessing about 12-15% body fat. I hope to learn a lot from you guys. I know that as much reading and research I've done there's always more to learn and I'm very eager!

Animal Rep
06-25-13, 4:25 pm
Whats up guys! Names Nick I'm 19 livin in the metro Detroit area. Just recently got into fitness after a bad breakup and a lot of other shit in high school and now I'm fully committed to one day competing in Men's Bodybuilding! Ive come down from little to no muscle at 220 pounds to 187-190 and I'm guessing about 12-15% body fat. I hope to learn a lot from you guys. I know that as much reading and research I've done there's always more to learn and I'm very eager!

Welcome to the Legion brother. I hope that you find all that you need here.

JHOORNSTRA
06-25-13, 4:26 pm

Nice man, whatever it takes to get you in...glad to have ya on here.

JHo

RODDY
06-26-13, 2:30 pm
Whats up everyone, I go by Roddy, 24 years old, active duty AF, father of 2. Living in shreveport, LA, originating from Omaha, NE
Been in and out of the gym since about 14 with my Dad when he was big into it. Nice to see a community like this where everyone is loyal and dedicated to the craft
looking forward to be an solid member. Thanks fellas.

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-13, 2:34 pm
Whats up everyone, I go by Roddy, 24 years old, active duty AF, father of 2. Living in shreveport, LA, originating from Omaha, NE
Been in and out of the gym since about 14 with my Dad when he was big into it. Nice to see a community like this where everyone is loyal and dedicated to the craft
looking forward to be an solid member. Thanks fellas.

Welcome man, we appreciate your service. Glad to have you here.

JHo

Keef
06-27-13, 1:36 pm
Hey, I'm Keith. I've only been consistently in the gym for a year now, and I'm starting to get a hang of things. I've never been strong but I will be there one day. I have made a lot of progress, and I am really into the powerlifting scene. Hopefully one day I will go to a meet. I'm from Alabama by the way, if any of you guys are from here. Anyway, I'll be around. Looks like this place is pretty helpful too.

Big Daddy M
06-28-13, 10:48 am
What's up guys? I'm form Arkansas, I got out of the military about two and half years ago, since then I haven't done shit. I decided it was time for a change. I'm new to lifting, but this should be an awesome journey.

Goldstone
06-28-13, 10:52 am

Thank you for your service, man.

That goes for anyone that's posted that serves. It means the world to me you all have put your names/reputations/lives on the line to protect the US and allow me to pursue trivial things like powerlifting knowing I will be safe. I think it's something we all assume and take for granted, but you guys and gals are one of the biggest reasons USA is the greatest country on earth by providing us freedom.

Thank you. I really mean that to all military and ex-military.

JHOORNSTRA
06-28-13, 11:49 am
Hey, I'm Keith. I've only been consistently in the gym for a year now, and I'm starting to get a hang of things. I've never been strong but I will be there one day. I have made a lot of progress, and I am really into the powerlifting scene. Hopefully one day I will go to a meet. I'm from Alabama by the way, if any of you guys are from here. Anyway, I'll be around. Looks like this place is pretty helpful too.

Welcome man...not from there but know there's quite a few on here that are.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-28-13, 11:50 am
What's up guys? I'm form Arkansas, I got out of the military about two and half years ago, since then I haven't done shit. I decided it was time for a change. I'm new to lifting, but this should be an awesome journey.

Welcome man, good first step. Prepare to get hooked...

JHo

STRONGmanmike
06-28-13, 12:22 pm

thanks for your service and welcome bro, good luck on your new journey!

aLoc87
06-29-13, 6:33 pm
What's up everyone I'm Aaron from Massachusetts. I'm a personal trainer, physical therapy student and have a goal of competing in bodybuilding someday (if I can put on enough muscle!) Looking forward to talking with everyone on the forvm for new training and nutrition ideas as well as staying inspired to always train 100%!!

JHOORNSTRA
06-30-13, 7:43 pm
What's up everyone I'm Aaron from Massachusetts. I'm a personal trainer, physical therapy student and have a goal of competing in bodybuilding someday (if I can put on enough muscle!) Looking forward to talking with everyone on the forvm for new training and nutrition ideas as well as staying inspired to always train 100%!!

Nice man, glad to have you here.

JHo

Goldstone
06-30-13, 8:17 pm

Aaron, what gym do you train at? I'm over at TPS in Everett, and the YMCA in Malden.

bostonirish
07-08-13, 12:04 pm
How you fellas doin? My name is Kyle and i'm 20 years old. I just started lifting seriously about a year and half ago. What can i say? i'm hooked. i live, breathe, and eat this shit. i'm looking forward to learning awesome new methods, techniques, an diets and just excited to be connected with like minded individuals. Much love from Boston. Animal for life.

STRONGmanmike
07-08-13, 12:27 pm
How you fellas doin? My name is Kyle and i'm 20 years old. I just started lifting seriously about a year and half ago. What can i say? i'm hooked. i live, breathe, and eat this shit. i'm looking forward to learning awesome new methods, techniques, an diets and just excited to be connected with like minded individuals. Much love from Boston. Animal for life.

welcome to the forum bro, got some good friends from the boston area, your in the right place, good luck!

The Ant
07-08-13, 12:29 pm

Glad you can join us Kyle. It's time to grow!

JHOORNSTRA
07-08-13, 10:17 pm

nice man, glad to have ya

jmortiz024
07-09-13, 10:54 am
What's going on fellas? I am Jon Ortiz from Rochester, NY. I am 23 years old, played high school football and have always been a lifter. Just recently got extremely serious about my health and fitness goals. Been training like a madman since January of this year. I have cut 87lbs so far and toned up really nice, now am working on eating big and lifting those Heavy Ass weights. I enjoy whitewater kayaking, rafting, singing, and reading in my spare time. I love this site, have been using it as a guest for months, just now felt I may be able to contribute here and there.

PBenjamin
07-09-13, 9:08 pm
Hey guys (I assume it's mostly guys in here)! Repping females from the North! I've been lifting for awhile, and recently I've been looking at getting into competing. I love to lift heavy (and eat big) and am pretty much the only woman around my gym that does so. I've loved Animal products for years and hope to learn from the pros around here!

Cheerio!

Swolepez
07-09-13, 11:15 pm
Hello, I'm Michael Andrew Lopez! I've started being active in the forum for 2 weeks now but realized I haven't introduced myself. I've been lifting for 3 yrs now with about a year and 1/2 being serious. First yr I gained just fat and then turned a complete 180 and became anorexic. The last yr and a half I've finally picked up bodybuilding knowledge and now I'm headed in the right direction but of course there is always room to still grow. I'm currently a full time student and also an intern at the YMCA. God, my beautiful wife, and my family are most important to me in this world! My goal in life is to be an inspiration for somebody who feels like giving up on their dream....

Mathew Babu
07-10-13, 12:47 am
Hello Brothers,

Myself Mathew , just wanna say hello to all and say thank you for considering me in this family. I am 27 yrs old from India , curtrently working in Dubai. Just started gym last month and wana need ur help in getting your advice in getting a good body.

SFCarlos
07-10-13, 3:52 pm
Hey guys,
My name is Carlos. Some stats:

33 years old
5'10" 225 lbs ~15% bf (bulk mode!)
Currently in San Francisco after living in DC for a dozen years

I've been lifting for about 10 years but only training seriously the last 2. I competed in my first Men's Physique show in March of this year, and while I enjoyed the experience, I realized that my true aspiration and passion is to compete in bodybuilding. To that end, I took the rest of the year off from competing, hired one of the best diet guys I could find and I'm working hard to put on the size that it's going to take to be competitive. My target is to compete again as a light heavyweight spring 2014. I love to train hard and heavy and this journey is what makes my life complete. Looking forward to gaining knowledge and motivation from this forum.

--C

JHOORNSTRA
07-10-13, 4:04 pm
What's going on fellas? I am Jon Ortiz from Rochester, NY. I am 23 years old, played high school football and have always been a lifter. Just recently got extremely serious about my health and fitness goals. Been training like a madman since January of this year. I have cut 87lbs so far and toned up really nice, now am working on eating big and lifting those Heavy Ass weights. I enjoy whitewater kayaking, rafting, singing, and reading in my spare time. I love this site, have been using it as a guest for months, just now felt I may be able to contribute here and there.

Damn man...you lost 25lbs more than my son weighs...good job...keep it up. Welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
07-10-13, 4:05 pm
Hey guys (I assume it's mostly guys in here)! Repping females from the North! I've been lifting for awhile, and recently I've been looking at getting into competing. I love to lift heavy (and eat big) and am pretty much the only woman around my gym that does so. I've loved Animal products for years and hope to learn from the pros around here!

Cheerio!

Welcome...you sound like my wife, she is the only female not into crossfit or yoga at my gym. Good luck, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
07-10-13, 4:06 pm
Hello, I'm Michael Andrew Lopez! I've started being active in the forum for 2 weeks now but realized I haven't introduced myself. I've been lifting for 3 yrs now with about a year and 1/2 being serious. First yr I gained just fat and then turned a complete 180 and became anorexic. The last yr and a half I've finally picked up bodybuilding knowledge and now I'm headed in the right direction but of course there is always room to still grow. I'm currently a full time student and also an intern at the YMCA. God, my beautiful wife, and my family are most important to me in this world! My goal in life is to be an inspiration for somebody who feels like giving up on their dream....

Awesome to hear you got on track and know the way...congrats so far.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
07-10-13, 4:07 pm
Hello Brothers,

Myself Mathew , just wanna say hello to all and say thank you for considering me in this family. I am 27 yrs old from India , curtrently working in Dubai. Just started gym last month and wana need ur help in getting your advice in getting a good body.

Welcome to the board, plenty of knowledge here.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
07-10-13, 4:07 pm
Hey guys,
My name is Carlos. Some stats:

33 years old
5'10" 225 lbs ~15% bf (bulk mode!)
Currently in San Francisco after living in DC for a dozen years

I've been lifting for about 10 years but only training seriously the last 2. I competed in my first Men's Physique show in March of this year, and while I enjoyed the experience, I realized that my true aspiration and passion is to compete in bodybuilding. To that end, I took the rest of the year off from competing, hired one of the best diet guys I could find and I'm working hard to put on the size that it's going to take to be competitive. My target is to compete again as a light heavyweight spring 2014. I love to train hard and heavy and this journey is what makes my life complete. Looking forward to gaining knowledge and motivation from this forum.

--C

Welcome man, good luck in your bodybuilding...have quite a few here.

JHo

dphelps
07-10-13, 4:21 pm
Fellas,

I'm 29 and I've been a powerlifter for about 5 years now. My best raw comp lifts include 727 squat (w/wraps), 363 bench (don't laugh), and a 694 deadlift for a 1785 total @ 275. I've also competed single ply with an 850 squat,540 bench, and a 2025 total and have had the privilege to lift at the Olympia in 2012 (and squeaked out a gold medal at 308). I'm currenly training for a meet on October 5th, then will be planning to do Raw Unity Meet in February 2014. I'm currently planning on staying raw for quite a while as all my big goals in this sport are raw, but I also love and respect geared lifting. I have a love for the iron for sure no matter what it is...bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, olympic...I respect it all and strong is strong. Some of the people I look up to most in iron are sponsored by Animal and I also love the products they make, so I guess the migration to this forum just made sense. Thanks guys!

JHOORNSTRA
07-10-13, 5:45 pm
Fellas,

I'm 29 and I've been a powerlifter for about 5 years now. My best raw comp lifts include 727 squat (w/wraps), 363 bench (don't laugh), and a 694 deadlift for a 1785 total @ 275. I've also competed single ply with an 850 squat,540 bench, and a 2025 total and have had the privilege to lift at the Olympia in 2012 (and squeaked out a gold medal at 308). I'm currenly training for a meet on October 5th, then will be planning to do Raw Unity Meet in February 2014. I'm currently planning on staying raw for quite a while as all my big goals in this sport are raw, but I also love and respect geared lifting. I have a love for the iron for sure no matter what it is...bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, olympic...I respect it all and strong is strong. Some of the people I look up to most in iron are sponsored by Animal and I also love the products they make, so I guess the migration to this forum just made sense. Thanks guys!

Awesome, glad to have ya man.

JHo

Ragingwombat
07-10-13, 11:37 pm
Hey guys and gals glad to become part of the brotherhood here on the forvm.

Little bit about me
My name is Nate. Just turned 24 years old and graduated college.
I got into powerlifting after 17 years of football. I played for a division 2 college in western pa.
I am a proud resident of the great state of Ohio just a few minutes south of Youngstown!
I am currently training in west Virginia just a couple min from my house and looking for a full time career in my degree in criminal justice!

Once again I'm glad to be here and share my journey on my first meet in 2 weeks and the future of my powerlifting career!

JHOORNSTRA
07-10-13, 11:47 pm
Hey guys and gals glad to become part of the brotherhood here on the forvm.

Little bit about me
My name is Nate. Just turned 24 years old and graduated college.
I got into powerlifting after 17 years of football. I played for a division 2 college in western pa.
I am a proud resident of the great state of Ohio just a few minutes south of Youngstown!
I am currently training in west Virginia just a couple min from my house and looking for a full time career in my degree in criminal justice!

Once again I'm glad to be here and share my journey on my first meet in 2 weeks and the future of my powerlifting career!

Welcome man, good luck at your meet.

JHo

jrgoodale
07-11-13, 1:36 pm
Hey bros Im from SC Ive been lifting agian for 4 years trying to get the strength back like back in high school then some.
Been taking animal pak for bout 3 years and PM for 2
Cycled the others stak is the best to me
take it easy in life KILL the wieghts in the wieght room

chaqui
07-11-13, 2:12 pm
Howdy all....,

Just saying hello from here in PA. Nice site you have setup, and GREAT to see some forums finally here! :)

Little about me? 39 years old, currently 215lbs at somewhere around 13%. Training, seriously at least, for the past 2 years. Future goals? Size and Strength. Considering that 3 years ago, I weighed in at a whopping 300lbs, eh, I have to make sure the size doesn't come back TOO quickly, LOL.

Anyway, glad to be here, and hope to participate as often as possible.

Later all.

JHOORNSTRA
07-11-13, 5:22 pm
Hey bros Im from SC Ive been lifting agian for 4 years trying to get the strength back like back in high school then some.
Been taking animal pak for bout 3 years and PM for 2
Cycled the others stak is the best to me
take it easy in life KILL the wieghts in the wieght room

Nice man, good philosophy...

JHOORNSTRA
07-11-13, 5:23 pm
Howdy all....,

Just saying hello from here in PA. Nice site you have setup, and GREAT to see some forums finally here! :)

Little about me? 39 years old, currently 215lbs at somewhere around 13%. Training, seriously at least, for the past 2 years. Future goals? Size and Strength. Considering that 3 years ago, I weighed in at a whopping 300lbs, eh, I have to make sure the size doesn't come back TOO quickly, LOL.

Anyway, glad to be here, and hope to participate as often as possible.

Later all.

Welcome man, glad to have ya

JHo

BVictor
07-18-13, 3:31 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm Brandon. I'm 31 years old, and recently got into powerlifting. I've had some knee issues including (another) surgery this year on the left side. For years in my 20s I used that as an excuse to not hurt myself. I got fat and lazy, was nearly tipping 200lbs at 5'6" and little to no muscle, probably 30%bf. I got my act together and got down to 148lbs and ~13% at my lowest, but I didn't like how weak I was. I got serious about getting strong in October last year and hit the weights hard. I had a setback with my last surgery at the end of January, but I've set gym PRs since getting full release in April. My first push/pull contest is this weekend, and I'm already searching for a full 3 lift meet to compete in later this year.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the community, I hope that I can contribute a little, because I know I'll be learning a lot.

CameronBaker
07-19-13, 1:46 am
Hello Everyone,

I'm Cameron, I'm from Texas and recently got into lifting. I'm 19 years old and was a little over weight so I decided that I wanted to do something about it. I workout mornings and nights and never half ass my workouts because my health is very important to me! The Animal products have worked very well for me and the videos inspire me and are bad ass!

JHOORNSTRA
07-19-13, 8:41 am
Hi everyone,

I'm Brandon. I'm 31 years old, and recently got into powerlifting. I've had some knee issues including (another) surgery this year on the left side. For years in my 20s I used that as an excuse to not hurt myself. I got fat and lazy, was nearly tipping 200lbs at 5'6" and little to no muscle, probably 30%bf. I got my act together and got down to 148lbs and ~13% at my lowest, but I didn't like how weak I was. I got serious about getting strong in October last year and hit the weights hard. I had a setback with my last surgery at the end of January, but I've set gym PRs since getting full release in April. My first push/pull contest is this weekend, and I'm already searching for a full 3 lift meet to compete in later this year.

Thanks for allowing me to be part of the community, I hope that I can contribute a little, because I know I'll be learning a lot.

Nice man, welcome...sounds like you've been cut into quite a few times....my wife is the same way, her shoulders should be about like Will Smith's in I Robot now...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
07-19-13, 8:42 am
Hello Everyone,

I'm Cameron, I'm from Texas and recently got into lifting. I'm 19 years old and was a little over weight so I decided that I wanted to do something about it. I workout mornings and nights and never half ass my workouts because my health is very important to me! The Animal products have worked very well for me and the videos inspire me and are bad ass!

Nice man, glad to have ya

JHo

JRemelgado
07-21-13, 4:25 pm
Hello everyone, my name is John Remelgado, I'm from hillside, NJ. I am 27 years old, I've been training on and off for 4 years. 2 years of training was just basic i did it just to stay toned but staying at 140 lbs looking like skin and bones wasn't cutting it for me then my 3rd year got a nasty shoulder injury at work that slowed me down and then this past year I've been on a massive bulking stage that I've gone from 150 lbs to 210 lbs as my current weight bf not sure but high i assume. I was introduced to bodybuilding.com and was amazed by the hell raiser program and starting it this week to see how it works out for me.

JHOORNSTRA
07-22-13, 1:16 pm
Hello everyone, my name is John Remelgado, I'm from hillside, NJ. I am 27 years old, I've been training on and off for 4 years. 2 years of training was just basic i did it just to stay toned but staying at 140 lbs looking like skin and bones wasn't cutting it for me then my 3rd year got a nasty shoulder injury at work that slowed me down and then this past year I've been on a massive bulking stage that I've gone from 150 lbs to 210 lbs as my current weight bf not sure but high i assume. I was introduced to bodybuilding.com and was amazed by the hell raiser program and starting it this week to see how it works out for me.

Nice man, glad to have you here as well.

JHo

Inody
07-23-13, 5:03 pm
Hey guys!
My name is Rene, I'm 19 years old and I'm from Austria.
I have been lifting for about 2,5 years. About 3 weeks ago I started with Westside Conjugate Method, want to get big and strong!
Maybe next year I will compete in a powerlifting meet the first time, but it's not that easy in my country to find a meet nearby, because powerlifting is unfortunately not very popular here.

Some stats:
175cm
~86Kg
BF is a bit high, but want to gain some solid mass first, cut is planned for spring 2014.
Squat: 170Kg ->~375lbs
Bench Press: 105Kg -> ~230lbs
Deadlift: 190Kg (missed 200Kg about 2cm before lockout...) -> ~420lbs

Want to hit a 180Kg (~396lbs) Squat with 19, my birthday is on 24th August. That would also be more than a 2xBW Squat.

English is not my native language, so I hope I made no mistakes and expressed myself correct.

JHOORNSTRA
07-24-13, 7:43 pm
Hey guys!
My name is Rene, I'm 19 years old and I'm from Austria.
I have been lifting for about 2,5 years. About 3 weeks ago I started with Westside Conjugate Method, want to get big and strong!
Maybe next year I will compete in a powerlifting meet the first time, but it's not that easy in my country to find a meet nearby, because powerlifting is unfortunately not very popular here.

Some stats:
175cm
~86Kg
BF is a bit high, but want to gain some solid mass first, cut is planned for spring 2014.
Squat: 170Kg ->~375lbs
Bench Press: 105Kg -> ~230lbs
Deadlift: 190Kg (missed 200Kg about 2cm before lockout...) -> ~420lbs

Want to hit a 180Kg (~396lbs) Squat with 19, my birthday is on 24th August. That would also be more than a 2xBW Squat.

English is not my native language, so I hope I made no mistakes and expressed myself correct.

Welcome to the board man, glad to hear you're on the right track. Your English is very good...much better than my Austrian...Glad to have ya.

JHo

SRSHARP
07-25-13, 2:07 pm
Hey guys my name is Seb and I'm from London. 18 years old and have been training for about two years but only really known what the hell to do since the end of 2012. Still small but hoping to compete summer 2014 in the junior class of NPA. Hopefully I'll learn a lot from the big guys in this forum

JHOORNSTRA
07-25-13, 3:10 pm
Hey guys my name is Seb and I'm from London. 18 years old and have been training for about two years but only really known what the hell to do since the end of 2012. Still small but hoping to compete summer 2014 in the junior class of NPA. Hopefully I'll learn a lot from the big guys in this forum

Nice man, glad to have ya

JHo

BrennANIMAL
07-29-13, 12:29 pm
I've had an account here at the FORVM since 2008, but haven't posted or really visited the site since 2010. At that time I had decided I was tired of listening to people on message boards and wanted to just gain all of my training knowledge from my own experience under the bar. In '10 I was a graduate student who was training for the l

BrennANIMAL
07-29-13, 1:01 pm
I've had an account here at the FORVM since 2008, but haven't posted or really visited the site since 2010. At that time I had decided I was tired of listening to people on message boards and wanted to just gain all of my training knowledge from my own experience under the bar. In '10 I was a graduate student who was training for the love of training, with a powerbuilding approach to bodybuilding. I had never competed in anything, but wanted to compete in bodybuilding one day. I was training at Fitness City in Matawan, NJ (which is a great gym...very unique) and another gym member who I was friendly with told me he had done a powerlifting competition and thought I should try it when the next one came around. I took his advice and that July, I competed in the 2010 APA Summer Bash and took 2nd in 198 with a 1255? total. It was at the time, the best lifting experience I ever had. The support and camaraderie was incredible. I competed one more time that year at the APA Winter Bash in December and totaled 1380. I didn't compete again for several (none of which are very good) reasons until November of 2012. I had still been training hard and heavy, but just didn't compete.

I am now going into my fourth year teaching high school science, coaching basketball and helping run my schools weightroom. I also know what I want from the iron game. The summer of 2012 I read every book and article by Jim Wendler that I could get ahold of. I decided I was going to commit 100% to powerlifting and have been going hard since. I use the 5/3/1 program and have been for a year now, of course with some modifications along the way. In November 2012, I totaled 1495 at 220 at the RPS Autumn Apocalypse and in May of this year I totaled 1580 at 242 at the RPS Jersey Rumble. I am training for the RPS NJ State Championships in January to compete at 220 and my short term goals are a 600 squat, 400 bench and 700 deadlift for a 1700 total, whether that comes at my next meet or the one after, I'll be satisfied for the time being. (But never satisfied)

I was perduaded by naturalguy to return to the FORVM because the Animal line is starting to become much more powerlifter oriented and seeing guys like Dan Green and Brandon Lilly who I have looked up to for the past few years is a very convincing sign. Hopefully I can learn some things from guys like them and I think some of my experience can be useful in guiding others.

Good talk, see you out there.

JHOORNSTRA
07-31-13, 1:40 pm
I've had an account here at the FORVM since 2008, but haven't posted or really visited the site since 2010. At that time I had decided I was tired of listening to people on message boards and wanted to just gain all of my training knowledge from my own experience under the bar. In '10 I was a graduate student who was training for the love of training, with a powerbuilding approach to bodybuilding. I had never competed in anything, but wanted to compete in bodybuilding one day. I was training at Fitness City in Matawan, NJ (which is a great gym...very unique) and another gym member who I was friendly with told me he had done a powerlifting competition and thought I should try it when the next one came around. I took his advice and that July, I competed in the 2010 APA Summer Bash and took 2nd in 198 with a 1255? total. It was at the time, the best lifting experience I ever had. The support and camaraderie was incredible. I competed one more time that year at the APA Winter Bash in December and totaled 1380. I didn't compete again for several (none of which are very good) reasons until November of 2012. I had still been training hard and heavy, but just didn't compete.

I am now going into my fourth year teaching high school science, coaching basketball and helping run my schools weightroom. I also know what I want from the iron game. The summer of 2012 I read every book and article by Jim Wendler that I could get ahold of. I decided I was going to commit 100% to powerlifting and have been going hard since. I use the 5/3/1 program and have been for a year now, of course with some modifications along the way. In November 2012, I totaled 1495 at 220 at the RPS Autumn Apocalypse and in May of this year I totaled 1580 at 242 at the RPS Jersey Rumble. I am training for the RPS NJ State Championships in January to compete at 220 and my short term goals are a 600 squat, 400 bench and 700 deadlift for a 1700 total, whether that comes at my next meet or the one after, I'll be satisfied for the time being. (But never satisfied)

I was perduaded by naturalguy to return to the FORVM because the Animal line is starting to become much more powerlifter oriented and seeing guys like Dan Green and Brandon Lilly who I have looked up to for the past few years is a very convincing sign. Hopefully I can learn some things from guys like them and I think some of my experience can be useful in guiding others.

Good talk, see you out there.

Nice man, glad to have ya here. In good company...

JFranco
08-05-13, 4:56 pm
Whats up fellow animals. My name is Jorge Franco. Im 30 yrs old next month. Been liftin for about 7 yrs. I guess like alot of guys, I started out with the simple desire of wanting to be in better shape, but once I stumbled across Animal Pak and this web site, that was it for me. All the inspiring articles and the hardcore, gritty, vivid nature of the brand gave me a whole new perspective on training and ive been hooked ever since. Im glad to finally be on here and I look forward to learning as much as I can to help me keep improving. As many seasoned lifters as there are on here, I honestly doubt theres much new advice I can give, but I'll gladly give my two cents if it will help anyone else reach their goals. Now its time for me to go hit up the plates. Peace!

JHOORNSTRA
08-06-13, 10:39 am
Whats up fellow animals. My name is Jorge Franco. Im 30 yrs old next month. Been liftin for about 7 yrs. I guess like alot of guys, I started out with the simple desire of wanting to be in better shape, but once I stumbled across Animal Pak and this web site, that was it for me. All the inspiring articles and the hardcore, gritty, vivid nature of the brand gave me a whole new perspective on training and ive been hooked ever since. Im glad to finally be on here and I look forward to learning as much as I can to help me keep improving. As many seasoned lifters as there are on here, I honestly doubt theres much new advice I can give, but I'll gladly give my two cents if it will help anyone else reach their goals. Now its time for me to go hit up the plates. Peace!

Glad to have ya man.

JHo

alexis
08-07-13, 12:54 pm
Hey, I'm Alexis. I've only been lifting for a year or so and powerlifting for about half a year. I just turned 19 a few weeks ago. First started lifting for track my senior year of high school then got back into it in college and joined my college's weight lifting club. That's what really got me started off in powerlifting. Looking to lower my body fat a bit but last thing I want is for my numbers to suffer so we'll see! Can wait to gain more knowledge through this forum!

knotahumanbeing
08-07-13, 7:38 pm
Animal's,

I'm Rob, 27, hailing from Cincinnati, Ohio. Father of two boys. Got into lifting while playing basketball in college, and seriously evolved into heavy training/lifting when joining the Marine Corps, and since then training/powerlifting has done nothing but grow into something greater than myself. As like everyone, the gym is my therapy, my place of Zen, tragedy struck my family with the murder of my daughter in 2010, and I damn near lost everything, the gym has never failed me and consistently helped me progress. It truly has saved my life and my mental state to where, I hurt if I don't train.

I always have been a workhorse, training 6-7 days a week by myself. I found aNIMAL Forvm while purchasing Flex and it felt like I was home. I'm looking to seriously advance my level of powerlifting training into a new unparalleled horizon that I myself have never reached, but I know that I can surpass. In addition to advancing my powerlifting, I'm also training for my first marathon 10k. Traing Angry gents.

DorisMacbain
08-07-13, 8:12 pm
I am from Sydney, Australia. Always been huge fan of Animal products. This forum is really special for me as I can talk to like minded people and and get advice which I always search for. I am starting back workout after 6 years gap. I know its going to be huge effort for me but I am sure I will get there.
I don't want to feel pity on myself anymore and want to work towards my goal now no matter what it takes.

Hope to chat with you all guys and get valuable information and advice from your experiences.

Doris

deanna7272
08-07-13, 9:18 pm
Animal's,

I'm Rob, 27, hailing from Cincinnati, Ohio. Father of two boys. Got into lifting while playing basketball in college, and seriously evolved into heavy training/lifting when joining the Marine Corps, and since then training/powerlifting has done nothing but grow into something greater than myself. As like everyone, the gym is my therapy, my place of Zen, tragedy struck my family with the murder of my daughter in 2010, and I damn near lost everything, the gym has never failed me and consistently helped me progress. It truly has saved my life and my mental state to where, I hurt if I don't train.

I always have been a workhorse, training 6-7 days a week by myself. I found aNIMAL Forvm while purchasing Flex and it felt like I was home. I'm looking to seriously advance my level of powerlifting training into a new unparalleled horizon that I myself have never reached, but I know that I can surpass. In addition to advancing my powerlifting, I'm also training for my first marathon 10k. Traing Angry gents.

I will take a second and welcome you myself, Rob... First off let me say, my heart is breaking for you, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.... We, here in Ohio, have a great network of support and knowledge that I'm sure you will gel into quickly... Check out the Cincinnati ABC Chapter thread and get involved. Cincy has some awesome roots, they can help steer you in the right direction!!!

So again, welcome and can't wait to watch your progress!! I'm sure I will be seeing you around soon!!

~Deanna

knotahumanbeing
08-07-13, 11:55 pm
I will take a second and welcome you myself, Rob... First off let me say, my heart is breaking for you, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.... We, here in Ohio, have a great network of support and knowledge that I'm sure you will gel into quickly... Check out the Cincinnati ABC Chapter thread and get involved. Cincy has some awesome roots, they can help steer you in the right direction!!!

So again, welcome and can't wait to watch your progress!! I'm sure I will be seeing you around soon!!

~Deanna

Deanna,

I appreciate the love and welcoming, again I feel like home, and I'm glad to be here. I'm hungry for more. Let's killing

STRONGmanmike
08-08-13, 1:40 pm
Alexis, good luck and welcome to the FORVM!

Kowboy
08-08-13, 2:29 pm
Animal's,

Welcome to the FORVM, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I have 2 kids of my own and I am now sure how I would take it. Cincy crew is awesome, I just rode w/ a bunch of them to a charity event in WI last weekend.

JHOORNSTRA
08-09-13, 12:32 pm
Hey, I'm Alexis. I've only been lifting for a year or so and powerlifting for about half a year. I just turned 19 a few weeks ago. First started lifting for track my senior year of high school then got back into it in college and joined my college's weight lifting club. That's what really got me started off in powerlifting. Looking to lower my body fat a bit but last thing I want is for my numbers to suffer so we'll see! Can wait to gain more knowledge through this forum!

Nice, glad to have ya here.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
08-09-13, 12:35 pm
Animal's,

Welcome and very glad to have ya. I can't even imagine what you've been through. Glad to hear that you found the gym was always there for you. Thanks for sharing and we're thinking about you.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
08-09-13, 12:37 pm
I am from Sydney, Australia. Always been huge fan of Animal products. This forum is really special for me as I can talk to like minded people and and get advice which I always search for. I am starting back workout after 6 years gap. I know its going to be huge effort for me but I am sure I will get there.
I don't want to feel pity on myself anymore and want to work towards my goal now no matter what it takes.

Hope to chat with you all guys and get valuable information and advice from your experiences.

Doris

Welcome Doris, glad you made it back to the gym. Glad to have you here.

JHo

AnnaMcC
08-09-13, 5:17 pm
Sup Bros,

Well, this is my first post on here, so I guess I'll intro myself. I'm Anna and 20 year old powerlifter from Pa, currently studying at Auburn University.
I've been lifting since I was 11 and my training is mostly for geared lifting. My best numbers in gear are 570-315-475. My best raw numbers are 380-200-473. Basically I'm looking to get stronger and improve technique. I look forward to interacting with y'all and learning some new things!

stay strong :)

AM

JHOORNSTRA
08-09-13, 5:35 pm
Sup Bros,

Well, this is my first post on here, so I guess I'll intro myself. I'm Anna and 20 year old powerlifter from Pa, currently studying at Auburn University.
I've been lifting since I was 11 and my training is mostly for geared lifting. My best numbers in gear are 570-315-475. My best raw numbers are 380-200-473. Basically I'm looking to get stronger and improve technique. I look forward to interacting with y'all and learning some new things!

stay strong :)

AM

Welcome to the board Anna...look forward to having you here.

JezH
08-09-13, 5:54 pm
Hey guys,
I'm 22 and still new to lifting. I've only been at it for about 10 months. Before that I did lots of bodyweight circuits, but it wasn't enough and now I'm finding the results I wanted from weight training. I'm neither a bodybuilder or a powerlifter, I just enjoy getting bigger and stronger. I'm not trying to be a monster, only reasonably strong. I've just started to use my own bodyweight for reps on the Deadlift with the aim being 1.5xBW...for now.

Jez

JHOORNSTRA
08-09-13, 6:01 pm
Hey guys,
I'm 22 and still new to lifting. I've only been at it for about 10 months. Before that I did lots of bodyweight circuits, but it wasn't enough and now I'm finding the results I wanted from weight training. I'm neither a bodybuilder or a powerlifter, I just enjoy getting bigger and stronger. I'm not trying to be a monster, only reasonably strong. I've just started to use my own bodyweight for reps on the Deadlift with the aim being 1.5xBW...for now.

Jez

Nice, glad to hear you're getting into it.

kyleRD
08-10-13, 4:45 pm
hey guys, im kyle checking in from Idaho. Active duty Air Force stationed out here. Been browsing this forum on and off since i got into bodybuilding about 2 yrs ago and figured it was time to post. Looking to compete next year after my deployment.

JHOORNSTRA
08-12-13, 9:11 am
hey guys, im kyle checking in from Idaho. Active duty Air Force stationed out here. Been browsing this forum on and off since i got into bodybuilding about 2 yrs ago and figured it was time to post. Looking to compete next year after my deployment.

Welcome man, thanks for your service.

JHo

bigrigbrigham
08-13-13, 9:22 pm
Hey guys. You all can call me Big Rig. I'm 19, I live in Northern New York, and Powerlifting is the name of my game. I'm 270 fat pounds with shitty numbers (385/285/460). I got into the weight room originally for high school football and shot put. I'm the manager of a local fast food restaurant. Look forward to getting to know you guys and become a part of something like the FORVM.

SlattPatLegit
08-14-13, 11:57 am
Hey fellas!

It's an honor to be on this forum with all of you guys. Things like this is what is going to bring our sport to the next level!

I'm 19 years old and I play Rugby for the UW-Madison Rugby Club. We're coming back from a Big 10 championship win and I've never been more motivated to take my training to the next level. I have two more years of Rugby i owe to the school which is why I'm using a modified 3 Day West Side template but I will definitely be competing in some form of strength sport, especially with my passion for strongman.

Check out my logs soon and lets fucking get massive boys!!

VIDERE
08-14-13, 5:14 pm
Gentlemen,

Been dropping by on and off for a while now. I really enjoy reading what the the UN / Animal community is all about. I make my keep down in NC as a service member but I reign from up North in the Maryland pan handle and WV. Hope to get back to those mountains in a few years.

I've lifted on and off throughout high school and college but something always comes up and prevents progress. You military animals know what I mean. I just got back from a 10wk escapade out in the woods so I am pretty much starting from scratch. Starting a journey titled "Envision 1456". Feel free to watch me build a house from the ground up.

If the work schedule allows I'd like to get involved in one of the ABC chapters and forge some muscle with the bros.

Anywho,

Stay strong,
VIDERE

Riffmaster
08-14-13, 5:27 pm
Gentlemen,

Been dropping by on and off for a while now. I really enjoy reading what the the UN / Animal community is all about. I make my keep down in NC as a service member but I reign from up North in the Maryland pan handle and WV. Hope to get back to those mountains in a few years.

I've lifted on and off throughout high school and college but something always comes up and prevents progress. You military animals know what I mean. I just got back from a 10wk escapade out in the woods so I am pretty much starting from scratch. Starting a journey titled "Envision 1456". Feel free to watch me build a house from the ground up.

If the work schedule allows I'd like to get involved in one of the ABC chapters and forge some muscle with the bros.

Anywho,

Stay strong,
VIDERE

Thank you for your service my man! Glad to have you here!

JHOORNSTRA
08-15-13, 9:31 am
Hey guys. You all can call me Big Rig. I'm 19, I live in Northern New York, and Powerlifting is the name of my game. I'm 270 fat pounds with shitty numbers (385/285/460). I got into the weight room originally for high school football and shot put. I'm the manager of a local fast food restaurant. Look forward to getting to know you guys and become a part of something like the FORVM.

Welcome man, glad to have you.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
08-15-13, 9:33 am
Hey fellas!

It's an honor to be on this forum with all of you guys. Things like this is what is going to bring our sport to the next level!

I'm 19 years old and I play Rugby for the UW-Madison Rugby Club. We're coming back from a Big 10 championship win and I've never been more motivated to take my training to the next level. I have two more years of Rugby i owe to the school which is why I'm using a modified 3 Day West Side template but I will definitely be competing in some form of strength sport, especially with my passion for strongman.

Check out my logs soon and lets fucking get massive boys!!

Nice man, congrats on the win.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
08-15-13, 9:34 am
Gentlemen,

Anywho,

Stay strong,
VIDERE

Glad to have ya here. Thanks for your service bro.

JHo

Abrams
08-16-13, 9:47 am
Hey all,

I'm on the newer side of things I've been lifting since about 2009. I started while I was in the USMC and deployed. We had a wall tent with a giant fan and rusted out weights for a gym. Those are still some of the best workouts I remember. That was the first time I used Animal and I've been hooked ever since.

I currently reside in Rain City and am working towards my first show (30+ amateur) in a few seasons.

STRONGmanmike
08-16-13, 12:22 pm
Hey all,

I'm on the newer side of things I've been lifting since about 2009. I started while I was in the USMC and deployed. We had a wall tent with a giant fan and rusted out weights for a gym. Those are still some of the best workouts I remember. That was the first time I used Animal and I've been hooked ever since.

I currently reside in Rain City and am working towards my first show (30+ amateur) in a few seasons.

welcome bro!

JHOORNSTRA
08-19-13, 12:19 am
Hey all,

I feel ya, I started on rusty weights, bench had no cushion, just wood, a shack in the side of a police station. Foundation was laid there. Glad to have ya.

JHo

mrdamo
08-19-13, 2:38 pm
G'day all, if the first word didn't give it away it means i'm from Australia. Name is Damian and i'm 30 years old and thought it was about time I signed up. Involved with powerlifting and also interested in bodybuidling. Latest event was the CAPO nationals where a high quality team was just out here and mind was blown!

About to go on a 6-7 month break from lifting due to some surgery but come march 2014 i'll be ready to hit the weights hard.

Look forward to being involved with the forums and attend events if/when they come to Australia. Currently looking at attending the Arnold Classic in 2014 and visiting the Cage.

Damo

officerTANK
08-20-13, 7:34 am
My names officerTANK (Frankie Lynch) callin out from Atlanta Georgia, to all my crazy brothers out there! Glad i found this site and forum bc always looking for help and i think this is the place to be.

JHOORNSTRA
08-21-13, 9:44 am
G'day all, if the first word didn't give it away it means i'm from Australia. Name is Damian and i'm 30 years old and thought it was about time I signed up. Involved with powerlifting and also interested in bodybuidling. Latest event was the CAPO nationals where a high quality team was just out here and mind was blown!

About to go on a 6-7 month break from lifting due to some surgery but come march 2014 i'll be ready to hit the weights hard.

Look forward to being involved with the forums and attend events if/when they come to Australia. Currently looking at attending the Arnold Classic in 2014 and visiting the Cage.

Damo

Welcome man.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
08-21-13, 9:45 am
My names officerTANK (Frankie Lynch) callin out from Atlanta Georgia, to all my crazy brothers out there! Glad i found this site and forum bc always looking for help and i think this is the place to be.

Glad to have ya.

JHo

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
08-21-13, 9:48 am

Damo

Hope to see you in the Cage!!!! Good luck with your recovery!

The Ant
08-21-13, 9:52 am

Damo

Nope, didnt give it away at all lol. Thats awesome Damian and hope for a speedy recovery for you so we can see you at the CAGE. WELCOME ABOARD!

MonsterzInk
08-21-13, 6:12 pm
What's up everybody? I just joined the F O R V M. I found myself always on the site, so I figured I better go ahead and join lol. I live in the Queen City, Charlotte, NC. I work at a gym and am currently awaiting my test results for my personal trainer certification. I haven't been in the game the longest, but this is my passion. Lifting as heavy as I possibly can (with proper form, of course) is a true love of mine. The feeling I get when lifting is simply indescribable.. I know you fellas understand what I'm talking about, and that's why I just had to join the F O R V M. I'm looking forward to being a member here!

JHOORNSTRA
08-21-13, 6:48 pm
What's up everybody? I just joined the F O R V M. I found myself always on the site, so I figured I better go ahead and join lol. I live in the Queen City, Charlotte, NC. I work at a gym and am currently awaiting my test results for my personal trainer certification. I haven't been in the game the longest, but this is my passion. Lifting as heavy as I possibly can (with proper form, of course) is a true love of mine. The feeling I get when lifting is simply indescribable.. I know you fellas understand what I'm talking about, and that's why I just had to join the F O R V M. I'm looking forward to being a member here!

Nice man, glad to have ya.

TheFnNewGuy
08-22-13, 11:08 am
Hey everybody,
I decided to join the forum after watching The Cage DVD I got with my Animal Pak. I don't know if its awesome marketing or if The Animal Brotherhood is really what it's all about (I'm sure it's a lot of both).
I've been along time user of Animal Products, specifically Pak and Flex, although many years ago I ran a few cycles of Animal Stak (the ORIGINAL) with great success.
Fast forward some time to the present and I'm now out of the Army. While in I sustained a debilitating back I jury while in Iraq. I was told I'd never be able to workout again and that I'd have to stick with low impact exercises. For over a year I adhered to that and got beyond out of shape.
I've been back in the gym for almost 5 months now and am 5'5", 195lbs, 18%BF.
My lifts are DL 495, Squat 315 (x2), BP 275.
My goals for the next 365 days are to hit a 600lb DL, 405lb Squat, and a 365 BP. If possible, to also get to around 12-14% BF.
I just want to say to everyone, push yourself to the limit, train hard, accomplish your goals and be a f*kcing ANIMAL!
There is literally nothing you cannot do if you want it bad enough.

Jay
08-22-13, 11:12 am
^^ awesome handle name ^^

The Ant
08-22-13, 12:21 pm
Hey everybody,
I decided to join the forum after watching The Cage DVD I got with my Animal Pak. I don't know if its awesome marketing or if The Animal Brotherhood is really what it's all about (I'm sure it's a lot of both).
I've been along time user of Animal Products, specifically Pak and Flex, although many years ago I ran a few cycles of Animal Stak (the ORIGINAL) with great success.
Fast forward some time to the present and I'm now out of the Army. While in I sustained a debilitating back I jury while in Iraq. I was told I'd never be able to workout again and that I'd have to stick with low impact exercises. For over a year I adhered to that and got beyond out of shape.
My goals for the next 365 days are to hit a 600lb DL, 405lb Squat, and a 365 BP. If possible, to also get to around 12-14% BF.
I just want to say to everyone, push yourself to the limit, train hard, accomplish your goals and be a f*kcing ANIMAL!

Welcome aboard and its time to get it

JHOORNSTRA
08-22-13, 5:22 pm
Hey everybody,

Welcome man.

JacobTaylor
08-26-13, 8:13 pm
Hey everyone,
I learned about this forum by searching on the Internet while searching for training logs and information. I'm a Powerlifter (not a impressive one though) I used to be a natural bodybuilder just got bitten by the powerlifting bug along the way. I'm currently in the Air Force, I'm 5'8" and weigh 180lbs with a 29 1/2in waist.... My best lifts are a 415lb DL, a 275lb BP, and a 400lb SQT. I would like to put up some serious numbers by March (at least 50-100lb to each lift) I've been doing different training programs for the past yr and haven't made but 10lbs to each lift just wondering if anybody out there is in the same situation as me or if anyone has any helpful advise.

Keep training hard, and never give up on your goals
TRAIN LIKE A F*CKING ANIMAL!!!!!

sgerwel1985
08-26-13, 9:03 pm
Hey just decided to sign up on the forum and see whats going on. My name is Steve and i'm from the pittsburgh area. Currently i'm 6'4 270lb, i'm looking to really change my physique in the next year. So if anyone has good tips on a solid workout/diet routine for someone like me who is looking to tone up and keep the strength going i'd greatly appreciate that. Also if anyone on here is from pittsburgh and looking for a lifting partner (LA Fitness in Bridgeville), hit me up. Currently lift solo and would love to have someone to lift with to push me a little bit harder and further.

Have a great week all!

JHOORNSTRA
08-27-13, 8:43 am
Hey everyone,
I learned about this forum by searching on the Internet while searching for training logs and information. I'm a Powerlifter (not a impressive one though) I used to be a natural bodybuilder just got bitten by the powerlifting bug along the way. I'm currently in the Air Force, I'm 5'8" and weigh 180lbs with a 29 1/2in waist.... My best lifts are a 415lb DL, a 275lb BP, and a 400lb SQT. I would like to put up some serious numbers by March (at least 50-100lb to each lift) I've been doing different training programs for the past yr and haven't made but 10lbs to each lift just wondering if anybody out there is in the same situation as me or if anyone has any helpful advise.

Keep training hard, and never give up on your goals
TRAIN LIKE A F*CKING ANIMAL!!!!!

Good luck man.

JHOORNSTRA
08-27-13, 8:43 am
Hey just decided to sign up on the forum and see whats going on. My name is Steve and i'm from the pittsburgh area. Currently i'm 6'4 270lb, i'm looking to really change my physique in the next year. So if anyone has good tips on a solid workout/diet routine for someone like me who is looking to tone up and keep the strength going i'd greatly appreciate that. Also if anyone on here is from pittsburgh and looking for a lifting partner (LA Fitness in Bridgeville), hit me up. Currently lift solo and would love to have someone to lift with to push me a little bit harder and further.

Have a great week all!

Welcome man, plenty of knowledge here.

BigMario
09-03-13, 10:22 am
Hey all, name is Mario, I'm 39, and live in Miami. I been back in the gym since February after a 17year hiatus due to injury, illness, and sheer lazyness. At one point I ballooned up to 460lbs, I been trying to cut while still gaining strength and muscle. I'm currently around 400lbs and working to get to mid 200s. I'm working to get my PL on though I'm still far from competing. Im a huge freakshow fan, and watching Marshall, who seems very much like me in temperament and style, is what made me want to get into lifting heavy and counting macros instead of being a curl and cardio freak.
my pathetic lifting stats
bench 205
squat (3 sets) 240 x 5
deads 315 (grip is crap)

As I said only been back in the gym since February and this is actually an improvement from when I started.
bench 150
squat 105(on smith)
deads 225

I signed up here because basically I'm hoping to get more help from the guys I watch online on how to improve gains and get me to the level that i can hit up competitions where I can actually compete.

The Ant
09-03-13, 10:40 am
Hey all, name is Mario, I'm 39, and live in Miami. I been back in the gym since February after a 17year hiatus due to injury, illness, and sheer lazyness. At one point I ballooned up to 460lbs, I been trying to cut while still gaining strength and muscle. I'm currently around 400lbs and working to get to mid 200s. I'm working to get my PL on though I'm still far from competing. Im a huge freakshow fan, and watching Marshall, who seems very much like me in temperament and style, is what made me want to get into lifting heavy and counting macros instead of being a curl and cardio freak.
bench 205
squat (3 sets) 240 x 5
deads 315 (grip is crap)

As I said only been back in the gym since February and this is actually an improvement from when I started.
bench 150
squat 105(on smith)
deads 225

I signed up here because basically I'm hoping to get more help from the guys I watch online on how to improve gains and get me to the level that i can hit up competitions where I can actually compete.

Thats awesome keep grinding and everything will fall in place. Freakshow is an awesome guy and great lifter and motivator! Welcome Mario!

SquatPressPull
09-04-13, 4:09 pm
Hey guys (and gals?)?

I'm currently a fat 6' 6" and 340lbs skinny fat, fat skinny guy. I had been working out for the last few years and then about 6-8 months ago (it went by in a blur) I quit working out. I was down to about 325lbs and now, I'm fat(ter) again.

Powerlifting always looked fun and when I started dabbling in it, I pretty much had to rely on the 'net to help me get started and to continue. Fast forward to three weeks ago. I was googling for a training program and hadn't been able to find one. A new buddy on Twitter suggested that I look at The Cube Method, so I googled it and read up on it as much as I could.

I wish I could say I'm a hard gainer but, after a few concussions and other mishaps, the bulb doesn't burn as bright so, I'm more of a hard learner. I went to Amazon and purchased Brandon's book. I've probably read it 20+ times since I bought and I still read something new. (See what I mean?)

I'm currently starting Week 3 of the Cube Method tonight. Several things have already happened, I feel much better than I did three weeks ago, I've had a couple people tell me that my arm looks bigger, my legs don't feel as "sloppy" as they used to, and last night, I *think* I actually saw a vein running up and down my forearm on my right arm. Ohh and my work shirts are fitting looser too. They were looking like I painted them on.

My numbers as of right now:
Squats: 405 (1RM - 6-8 months ago)
Bench: 100
Deadlift: 225

I figure my current 1RM is at 315lbs or a little more. I squatted it for 1 before I started the Cube Method and it seemed quite heavy.

There is a meet in Dec that I want to compete in and hopefully put up some descent numbers. I want 405 to be my opening on squats. This meet will be my first ever to compete in and my second to attend. I've had "proper" training for the three lifts and before I quit awhile ago, I feel I was doing them pretty well. As it is right now, I'm not "feeling" it like I used to, it will come with time I know.

So, I just remembered, I'm supposed to introduce myself, I might have gone over the limit or TMI. I have a habit of starting to type and just keep going.

Thanks for the time spent reading this. If you need any further info, please feel free to ask.

Rogue
09-04-13, 5:51 pm
Hi all. I'm Cheryl, 44yo, live in Tacoma, WA. Train at Rainier Crossfit in Sumner, WA. Been there 5 years. Never really did much lifting before that, but found that I really love lifting heavy (heavy for me, anyway), and anything strongman. Am coming off a biceps tendon/shoulder injury (just overuse last summer...I abuse my shoulders pretty bad at work, then was piling 5 or 6 days of workouts on top of that plus lifting and strongman stuff on the side..oops, not 20-something and made of steel..doh!) Been back to using the left shoulder for about 6 months, have been building my strength back up, and assuming I don't hurt my stupid self again, I'd like to try my hand at powerlifting and whatever strongman contests I can enter next year. Thinking I might be ready next summer, if all goes well.

I'm just learning about powerlifting, have some work yet to do on hip mobility and strength for that, and a LOT of work to do building up strength and integrity in my left shoulder before I can bench heavy. Plus, this is a little embarrassing, but I've never really benched before, so I'm just starting to learn the set-up for that lift, which is a full body workout all by itself for this old gal! For now, I'm getting some help from my trainer and from a couple of guys at our gym that used to compete at powerlifting, but I may need to seek out a club or powerlifting gym eventually, if I decide I like it and want to get into competing regularly. In the meantime, I've having fun learning the lifts, and that's the biggest reason I signed up for this forum, to learn more about powerlifting.

As for the strongman stuff, I'd like to do Grant Higa's "Apple" contest next summer if I can, which would be my first real strongman contest. The weights are no joke for me, though, especially with the shoulder starting out weak for overhead stuff, so I'll have to work hard and train smart (and probably cut weight) if I want to be able to compete. Too bad there's no masters division in that one. ;) The good thing about training where I do is that we have a good supply of strongman implements to train with.

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to getting to know all of you, learning more about powerlifting, strongman, and getting stronger. I'm old and about as mobile as a 2x4, and unfortunately not freakishly strong, but I'm willing to work hard, so that has to count for something, right?

Cheryl

JHOORNSTRA
09-05-13, 9:53 am
bench 205
squat (3 sets) 240 x 5
deads 315 (grip is crap)

bench 150
squat 105(on smith)
deads 225

Welcome and congrats on the already 60 lb drop...

JHOORNSTRA
09-05-13, 9:55 am
Hey guys (and gals?)?

I'm currently a fat 6' 6" and 340lbs skinny fat, fat skinny guy. I had been working out for the last few years and then about 6-8 months ago (it went by in a blur) I quit working out. I was down to about 325lbs and now, I'm fat(ter) again.

Powerlifting always looked fun and when I started dabbling in it, I pretty much had to rely on the 'net to help me get started and to continue. Fast forward to three weeks ago. I was googling for a training program and hadn't been able to find one. A new buddy on Twitter suggested that I look at The Cube Method, so I googled it and read up on it as much as I could.

I wish I could say I'm a hard gainer but, after a few concussions and other mishaps, the bulb doesn't burn as bright so, I'm more of a hard learner. I went to Amazon and purchased Brandon's book. I've probably read it 20+ times since I bought and I still read something new. (See what I mean?)

I'm currently starting Week 3 of the Cube Method tonight. Several things have already happened, I feel much better than I did three weeks ago, I've had a couple people tell me that my arm looks bigger, my legs don't feel as "sloppy" as they used to, and last night, I *think* I actually saw a vein running up and down my forearm on my right arm. Ohh and my work shirts are fitting looser too. They were looking like I painted them on.

My numbers as of right now:
Squats: 405 (1RM - 6-8 months ago)
Bench: 100
Deadlift: 225

I figure my current 1RM is at 315lbs or a little more. I squatted it for 1 before I started the Cube Method and it seemed quite heavy.

There is a meet in Dec that I want to compete in and hopefully put up some descent numbers. I want 405 to be my opening on squats. This meet will be my first ever to compete in and my second to attend. I've had "proper" training for the three lifts and before I quit awhile ago, I feel I was doing them pretty well. As it is right now, I'm not "feeling" it like I used to, it will come with time I know.

So, I just remembered, I'm supposed to introduce myself, I might have gone over the limit or TMI. I have a habit of starting to type and just keep going.

Thanks for the time spent reading this. If you need any further info, please feel free to ask.

Nice so far, looks like you're on the right track. Brandon won't steer you wrong. Good info. Good luck.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
09-05-13, 9:57 am
Hi all. I'm Cheryl, 44yo, live in Tacoma, WA. Train at Rainier Crossfit in Sumner, WA. Been there 5 years. Never really did much lifting before that, but found that I really love lifting heavy (heavy for me, anyway), and anything strongman. Am coming off a biceps tendon/shoulder injury (just overuse last summer...I abuse my shoulders pretty bad at work, then was piling 5 or 6 days of workouts on top of that plus lifting and strongman stuff on the side..oops, not 20-something and made of steel..doh!) Been back to using the left shoulder for about 6 months, have been building my strength back up, and assuming I don't hurt my stupid self again, I'd like to try my hand at powerlifting and whatever strongman contests I can enter next year. Thinking I might be ready next summer, if all goes well.

I'm just learning about powerlifting, have some work yet to do on hip mobility and strength for that, and a LOT of work to do building up strength and integrity in my left shoulder before I can bench heavy. Plus, this is a little embarrassing, but I've never really benched before, so I'm just starting to learn the set-up for that lift, which is a full body workout all by itself for this old gal! For now, I'm getting some help from my trainer and from a couple of guys at our gym that used to compete at powerlifting, but I may need to seek out a club or powerlifting gym eventually, if I decide I like it and want to get into competing regularly. In the meantime, I've having fun learning the lifts, and that's the biggest reason I signed up for this forum, to learn more about powerlifting.

As for the strongman stuff, I'd like to do Grant Higa's "Apple" contest next summer if I can, which would be my first real strongman contest. The weights are no joke for me, though, especially with the shoulder starting out weak for overhead stuff, so I'll have to work hard and train smart (and probably cut weight) if I want to be able to compete. Too bad there's no masters division in that one. ;) The good thing about training where I do is that we have a good supply of strongman implements to train with.

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to getting to know all of you, learning more about powerlifting, strongman, and getting stronger. I'm old and about as mobile as a 2x4, and unfortunately not freakishly strong, but I'm willing to work hard, so that has to count for something, right?

Cheryl

Welcome to the board. My wife is right there with ya, fell out the back of an ambulance at work and tore both shoulders, one surgery on left and two on right...set backs but back at it. You'll find there are certain things you can do, some may be a little uncomfortable and others you just simply cannot. Roll with it and keep up the intensity. Good luck.

JHo

SquatPressPull
09-05-13, 10:10 am
Nice so far, looks like you're on the right track. Brandon won't steer you wrong. Good info. Good luck.

JHo

Thanks Jho. Slowly but, surely. I'll get there and hopefully help others as I can.

JHOORNSTRA
09-05-13, 10:14 am
Thanks Jho. Slowly but, surely. I'll get there and hopefully help others as I can.

That's the perfect way. It's a lifestyle and a great one. You'll get it and enjoy the journey.

SquatPressPull
09-05-13, 10:31 am
That's the perfect way. It's a lifestyle and a great one. You'll get it and enjoy the journey.

Thank you again.

I've had my ups and downs and after some things that's happened, I'm going to dedicate myself to training and helping others. I've been "paid it forward" so much, I want to start "paying it forward". Might not be much now here in the iron world but, anything else I'll help and eventually help others here.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The Ant
09-05-13, 5:17 pm

Cheryl

Welcome Cheryl its time to get it

Rogue
09-06-13, 2:45 am
Welcome Cheryl its time to get it

Thanks for the welcome, Ant.

J Wolf
09-10-13, 1:29 pm
Hey, Waylon here, I am currently living in Bemidji Minnesota, I train at the university gym here. I work at a pretty large Snap Fitness as the head of personal training. I prefer to train outside of my work, and as I am a student I get a gym membership at the college so I might as well use it. Currently a student in the nursing program. I decided to switch majors when I started hating my job and it was killing my solstice at the gym.

Been in the iron game since I was 13

I am training with a mixture of bodybuilding and powerlifting, trying to build strength and get some mass. I will be making a training log eventually whenever life slows down.
In Aug. of 2011 I blew out a ligament in my left elbow and I was rehabbing it since this past January, once I got it healed I was told I would never be able to return to lifting the same way I was before my injury and that I would just keep hurting myself, when I heard this I wasn't ready to quit competing in the past I trained mixed martial arts and grew up in a wrestling environment so I thought what the hell why not, gave it a shot and had a fight on May 31 of 2013 and won, but it just wasn't the same as moving some heavy ass weight and I was miserable, so I was determined to train hard regardless of what the doctors and physical therapists had told me. I went to the doctor to get my physical done for my next fight and came to find out that I had a partial detachment of my right retina, and I knew that I wasn't put here to fight. So I said fuck it and hit the weights again.

Here are my stats and I will be posting up some videos in my log

20 years old (Turn 21 Oct 5)
5'5"
178 Pounds
10-12% body fat

All measurements are taken pumped and flexed

Arms-
Chest
Forearm
Waist
Quad
Calf
(These bastards wont get pumped up and I have a hard time with them growing)

Main
Bench - 315 x 2 ( I wear wrist wraps)
Squat- 455 raw with a belt
Deadlift- Belted and strapped 435

Other Shit I like to do
Seated shoulder press 250x3
Dumbbell Preacher curl 80 x 2 (Each arm, hard to do the negative)
Overhead Tricep ext with Dumbbell 125 x 12 (Heaviest my dumbbells go)
Rack Pull 600x1 Belted and strapped

That is all I got now, like I said I will have a log up eventually, will post link when it is up. I will also get some pics up pretty soon

The Ant
09-10-13, 2:44 pm
Hey, Waylon here, I am currently living in Bemidji Minnesota, I train at the university gym here. I work at a pretty large Snap Fitness as the head of personal training. I prefer to train outside of my work, and as I am a student I get a gym membership at the college so I might as well use it. Currently a student in the nursing program. I decided to switch majors when I started hating my job and it was killing my solstice at the gym.

I am training with a mixture of bodybuilding and powerlifting, trying to build strength and get some mass. I will be making a training log eventually whenever life slows down.
In Aug. of 2011 I blew out a ligament in my left elbow and I was rehabbing it since this past January, once I got it healed I was told I would never be able to return to lifting the same way I was before my injury and that I would just keep hurting myself, when I heard this I wasn't ready to quit competing in the past I trained mixed martial arts and grew up in a wrestling environment so I thought what the hell why not, gave it a shot and had a fight on May 31 of 2013 and won, but it just wasn't the same as moving some heavy ass weight and I was miserable, so I was determined to train hard regardless of what the doctors and physical therapists had told me. I went to the doctor to get my physical done for my next fight and came to find out that I had a partial detachment of my right retina, and I knew that I wasn't put here to fight. So I said fuck it and hit the weights again.

5'5"
178 Pounds
10-12% body fat

Arms-
Chest
Forearm
Waist
Quad
Calf

Main

Other Shit I like to do

That is all I got now, like I said I will have a log up eventually, will post link when it is up. I will also get some pics up pretty soon

Well i just would like to welcome you to the fam J Wolf

JHOORNSTRA
09-11-13, 10:26 am

5'5"
178 Pounds
10-12% body fat

Arms-
Chest
Forearm
Waist
Quad
Calf

Main

Other Shit I like to do

You've been through a lot at an early age which sucks but you know you're stronger for it. Glad you stuck with it. Welcome to the board.

JHo

Masterbench
09-19-13, 10:34 am
Hey everyone,
Masterbench here. Some may know me from bodybuilding.com.
Attended the ABC event at Skibas and some guys mentioned the Animal Pak forum, seemed more geared towards those really interested in lifting/powerlifting so I thought I'd come by and learn a lot and try and help others out.

I consider myself a bench specialist, aiming to break the USAPL Raw Bench Press World Record at 181 drug tested for my age group (21-23) and eventually the overall 181 record.
Best bench is 380 @ 181 w/ pause.

Unfortunately I injured my AC joint in May pretty bad so I have been in a big emotional rut for the past 3.5 months, kind of just spinning the wheels. Luckily the bench is back into the 300s, but I haven't been consistent with my training.
I'm hoping to keep things on track and really push through this barrier.

JHOORNSTRA
09-20-13, 10:46 am
Hey everyone,
Attended the ABC event at Skibas and some guys mentioned the Animal Pak forum, seemed more geared towards those really interested in lifting/powerlifting so I thought I'd come by and learn a lot and try and help others out.

I consider myself a bench specialist, aiming to break the USAPL Raw Bench Press World Record at 181 drug tested for my age group (21-23) and eventually the overall 181 record.

Unfortunately I injured my AC joint in May pretty bad so I have been in a big emotional rut for the past 3.5 months, kind of just spinning the wheels. Luckily the bench is back into the 300s, but I haven't been consistent with my training.

We've all been in that rut of "I hope I get better" and we do. It'll happen faster than you know and you'll be back. Welcome to the board.

JHo

andyaskow
10-02-13, 6:25 pm
How's it going fellas? My name is Andy Askow and I'm a competitive powerlifting in the USAPL/IPF. I'm 19 and currently I've won 3 USAPL national titles, and 3 bronze medals in the IPF World Championships. I got into lifting back in 06 (I was 12) when my best friend's dad would take us to the weightroom in the mornings to get us ready for HS football and powerlifting.

JHOORNSTRA
10-02-13, 8:10 pm
How's it going fellas? My name is Andy Askow and I'm a competitive powerlifting in the USAPL/IPF. I'm 19 and currently I've won 3 USAPL national titles, and 3 bronze medals in the IPF World Championships. I got into lifting back in 06 (I was 12) when my best friend's dad would take us to the weightroom in the mornings to get us ready for HS football and powerlifting.

Welcome to the board man.

J

CMDay91
10-03-13, 7:29 am

Good to see other USAPL lifters!

SquatPressPull
10-03-13, 8:48 am

Welcome to the Animal F O R V M and congrats on your wins!

Anomaly
10-03-13, 8:46 pm
How's it going guys. I'm 23, software engineer for the DoD and I am big into powerlifting. I've been lifting with a solid program structure for about 4 years now and I am about to enter my first competition in about a month. I'm weighing in at 230lbs with my bench at 365, squat 495 and deadlift at 540 (1400lb total). I'm looking to make this an official total at this meet coming up and continue to improve as time goes on. I'm looking forward to getting some wisdom about the powerlifting game from some veterans and trying to spread some of the knowledge I have to others. Looking forward to getting involved with this community, guys.

keep getting stronger

J Wolf
10-06-13, 9:13 pm
How's it going guys. I'm 23, software engineer for the DoD and I am big into powerlifting. I've been lifting with a solid program structure for about 4 years now and I am about to enter my first competition in about a month. I'm weighing in at 230lbs with my bench at 365, squat 495 and deadlift at 540 (1400lb total). I'm looking to make this an official total at this meet coming up and continue to improve as time goes on. I'm looking forward to getting some wisdom about the powerlifting game from some veterans and trying to spread some of the knowledge I have to others. Looking forward to getting involved with this community, guys.

keep getting stronger

What program have you been using or found best for your strength?

Anomaly
10-07-13, 8:04 am
What program have you been using or found best for your strength?

I've been using a modified competition prep cycle I modeled from an author at Elite FTS in the MAW 2012 ebook. Took the past two days off for recovery and I'm going in today with squats at 80% 5x3. I've seen decent progress with this program so far and I'm hoping it'll get me up to par in the next 5 weeks.

devastation
10-09-13, 1:41 pm
new here. i'm a competitive powerlifter/aspiring bodybuilder. done a 1900+ raw total at super. i live in TN/GA and train solo. goal is to gain a pro card in bodybuilding and to break a WR raw total at 308. i'm 5-11, 280. when i train..i go all out...leaving nothing behind. i don't talk hype. i used to. got tired of talkin and started doin. i go by my own rules...doin what i can cause i can. i came here to be able to converse and connect and to build comraderie with fellow ANIMALs who seek the same goal of freakdom as i do.

JHOORNSTRA
10-11-13, 8:11 pm

keep getting stronger

Welcome man, good luck in the competition.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
10-11-13, 8:11 pm
new here. i'm a competitive powerlifter/aspiring bodybuilder. done a 1900+ raw total at super. i live in TN/GA and train solo. goal is to gain a pro card in bodybuilding and to break a WR raw total at 308. i'm 5-11, 280. when i train..i go all out...leaving nothing behind. i don't talk hype. i used to. got tired of talkin and started doin. i go by my own rules...doin what i can cause i can. i came here to be able to converse and connect and to build comraderie with fellow ANIMALs who seek the same goal of freakdom as i do.

Welcome man, glad to have ya.

JHo

STRONGmanmike
10-15-13, 12:05 am
Hey everyone,

welcome bro!

RLY
10-15-13, 9:26 pm
I am a 50 year old powerlifter...I have competed in the USAPL, USPF, APF and WABDL...a former IPF World Bench Press Champion and a former IPF Masters World Bench Press Champion. I train out of my basement gym and have been competing raw for the most part the past couple of years...this after sitting about 6 years out after suffering a pec major tendon tear in 2004 that was repaired with a cadaver tendon graft.

That's all for now,
Ralph

JHOORNSTRA
10-17-13, 10:28 am
I am a 50 year old powerlifter...I have competed in the USAPL, USPF, APF and WABDL...a former IPF World Bench Press Champion and a former IPF Masters World Bench Press Champion. I train out of my basement gym and have been competing raw for the most part the past couple of years...this after sitting about 6 years out after suffering a pec major tendon tear in 2004 that was repaired with a cadaver tendon graft.

That's all for now,
Ralph

Welcome...that's awesome, where was your tendon tear? In the bicep connect or shoulder? Glad to hear you're back at it.

RLY
10-21-13, 8:59 am
Welcome...that's awesome, where was your tendon tear? In the bicep connect or shoulder? Glad to hear you're back at it.

Torn at the shoulder...cambered bar benches two weeks after the IPF Worlds.

The Grim Repper
10-22-13, 9:04 am
Nice to be here. I'm from the east coast, NJ to be specific, and I'm excited to be here.
I'm 42, been training for 20+ years, over the course of my training I've put on over 80lbs of muscle over the years and even at my age, I've switched things up and am growing nicely again (although we're always switching things up, right?).
Looks like a great diverse group here and I always get excited to watch others realize their dreams and potential and I hope I can contribute in some small way to someone's pursuit of their dream.
Best,
Grim

mtykong
10-22-13, 10:45 am
I'm a 38 year old father and husband, who trains by myself at home. I hope to compete in many powerlifting contest someday in the future. My story is long (as all of our stories are), but I will try and sum it up quickly.

I started training when I was 14 with dreams of becoming the next Arnold. By 28, I still had not competed in my first BB contest. After 2 years of "supplements", I discovered an abscess in my right glute. It was cleaned up with meds, but the fear left a lasting impression on me and I stopped lifting cold. I went from a fairly lean 240 @ 5'11 to 180 in less than a year.

At 30, I discovered I had low T and went on theraphy. A little over a year later, I was charged with providing false statements to the federal government and ended up spending 5 years in a Federal Prison Camp. During this time, I blooned up to 260 lbs of horrible fat. Of course, they were unwilling to treat my low T. I spent my last few years doing a great deal of cardio and calisthentics and got down to around 200 lbs. I've been out for several years now. I am fortunate that I have the most amazing wife who supported me through these times. While I was in, I met a somebody who is best friends with one of the strongest geared lifters in history. Our conversations inspired me to pickup the iron again someday. This lifter (whom I will not name), came to visit him often.

My total T levels were that of a 12 year old girl (75ng/dl). I've been back on (doctor prescribed) theraphy for about 2 years now. I gained back much of the fat when I came home. In March of this year, I began to lift weights again. After my first 2 months trying to drop fat, I decided powerlifting was my new passion. I weigh a few more pounds than I did in March, but I have lost 6 inches on my waste and gained inches on all of my limbs and chest.

I have a long way to go, to meet my goals in powerlifting. I am not strong at all. I do consider myself natural (my treated T levels are in the mid normal range), but some Feds will not allow me to compete, even with medical proof. After 7 months of training (with nearly a decade layoff from the weights), my best lifts (raw) to date are; squat 525 (belt and wraps), deadlift 535 and bench 365 with a pause. These are gym lifts and I understand nothing counts that isn't done on a platform. I hope to be able to total raw elite some day at 242 or 220.

I joined this forum because, I have no training partners and no experience. I am a novice powerlifter with a great deal to learn. Sorry for such a long post.

JHOORNSTRA
10-23-13, 11:31 am
Torn at the shoulder...cambered bar benches two weeks after the IPF Worlds.

That sucks, I was just doing them, did you do full four inch or with board to two? Glad its better anyway..

JHOORNSTRA
10-23-13, 11:31 am
Nice to be here. I'm from the east coast, NJ to be specific, and I'm excited to be here.
I'm 42, been training for 20+ years, over the course of my training I've put on over 80lbs of muscle over the years and even at my age, I've switched things up and am growing nicely again (although we're always switching things up, right?).
Looks like a great diverse group here and I always get excited to watch others realize their dreams and potential and I hope I can contribute in some small way to someone's pursuit of their dream.
Best,
Grim

Welcome, glad to have ya...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
10-23-13, 11:37 am
I'm a 38 year old father and husband, who trains by myself at home. I hope to compete in many powerlifting contest someday in the future. My story is long (as all of our stories are), but I will try and sum it up quickly.

I started training when I was 14 with dreams of becoming the next Arnold. By 28, I still had not competed in my first BB contest. After 2 years of "supplements", I discovered an abscess in my right glute. It was cleaned up with meds, but the fear left a lasting impression on me and I stopped lifting cold. I went from a fairly lean 240 @ 5'11 to 180 in less than a year.

At 30, I discovered I had low T and went on theraphy. A little over a year later, I was charged with providing false statements to the federal government and ended up spending 5 years in a Federal Prison Camp. During this time, I blooned up to 260 lbs of horrible fat. Of course, they were unwilling to treat my low T. I spent my last few years doing a great deal of cardio and calisthentics and got down to around 200 lbs. I've been out for several years now. I am fortunate that I have the most amazing wife who supported me through these times. While I was in, I met a somebody who is best friends with one of the strongest geared lifters in history. Our conversations inspired me to pickup the iron again someday. This lifter (whom I will not name), came to visit him often.

My total T levels were that of a 12 year old girl (75ng/dl). I've been back on (doctor prescribed) theraphy for about 2 years now. I gained back much of the fat when I came home. In March of this year, I began to lift weights again. After my first 2 months trying to drop fat, I decided powerlifting was my new passion. I weigh a few more pounds than I did in March, but I have lost 6 inches on my waste and gained inches on all of my limbs and chest.

I have a long way to go, to meet my goals in powerlifting. I am not strong at all. I do consider myself natural (my treated T levels are in the mid normal range), but some Feds will not allow me to compete, even with medical proof. After 7 months of training (with nearly a decade layoff from the weights), my best lifts (raw) to date are; squat 525 (belt and wraps), deadlift 535 and bench 365 with a pause. These are gym lifts and I understand nothing counts that isn't done on a platform. I hope to be able to total raw elite some day at 242 or 220.

I joined this forum because, I have no training partners and no experience. I am a novice powerlifter with a great deal to learn. Sorry for such a long post.

Damn dude, quite the story and very interesting. Definitely glad to have you here and any help we can assist with, feel free to ask. Good luck with the competitions...make it sooner than later, if you wait until you're happy with your lifts, you'll never compete.

JHo

RLY
10-23-13, 9:15 pm
That sucks, I was just doing them, did you do full four inch or with board to two? Glad its better anyway..

4 inch...I used to cycle them in a couple of times a year. I gave my cambered bar away. My pec tore on the 3rd rep of the 11th set.

JHOORNSTRA
10-23-13, 9:50 pm
4 inch...I used to cycle them in a couple of times a year. I gave my cambered bar away. My pec tore on the 3rd rep of the 11th set.

That's an ass load of sets...glad its better

Spooky68
10-28-13, 12:33 pm
Hello I'm a 26 year old father and Physical Education teacher in North Carolina. I got started lifting in high school for sports like most people but I was way too lazy to enjoy squats and deadlifts (I didn't know what I was missing) and once out of high school I piddled around lifting off and on at a local YMCA but with no real goals or idea what I was doing. About two and half years ago I stumbled upon a great strength/powerlifting website and became very interested in Powerlifting. Also I found a local hole in the wall Powerlifting gym that I love and a great group of guys to push me. I train raw and plan on doing my first powerlifting meet at the SPF Record Breakers in Gatlinburg, TN on 11/9/13 with goal of 1700+ at SHW. I train using the Cube Method right now and my best gym lifts are 600 sq, 425 bp and 635 deadlift.

Bigboep
10-28-13, 8:28 pm
Been liftin since high school. I have had some success in the past but always seemed to drop out and get sloppy and gain weight and get out of shape. my head is finally in the game and at the age of 41, I don't want to waste anymore time. I just lost 40 lbs and am now ready to pack on the mass. I am committed to my training and diet and will finally accomplish my goal of being a freak. ;-) I started reading the articles on the Animal site and really identify with the mind set and training philosophies. I have already incorporated some key principles and am seeing results. in the past, I've always tried to lift too heavy, too fast. I'm left with 2 bad shoulders because of it. I've brought the weights down and am concentrating more on form and getting a really good pump. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

JHOORNSTRA
10-29-13, 10:41 am
Hello I'm a 26 year old father and Physical Education teacher in North Carolina. I got started lifting in high school for sports like most people but I was way too lazy to enjoy squats and deadlifts (I didn't know what I was missing) and once out of high school I piddled around lifting off and on at a local YMCA but with no real goals or idea what I was doing. About two and half years ago I stumbled upon a great strength/powerlifting website and became very interested in Powerlifting. Also I found a local hole in the wall Powerlifting gym that I love and a great group of guys to push me. I train raw and plan on doing my first powerlifting meet at the SPF Record Breakers in Gatlinburg, TN on 11/9/13 with goal of 1700+ at SHW. I train using the Cube Method right now and my best gym lifts are 600 sq, 425 bp and 635 deadlift.

Nice man, glad you found something you like. Glad to have you.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
10-29-13, 10:45 am
Been liftin since high school. I have had some success in the past but always seemed to drop out and get sloppy and gain weight and get out of shape. my head is finally in the game and at the age of 41, I don't want to waste anymore time. I just lost 40 lbs and am now ready to pack on the mass. I am committed to my training and diet and will finally accomplish my goal of being a freak. ;-) I started reading the articles on the Animal site and really identify with the mind set and training philosophies. I have already incorporated some key principles and am seeing results. in the past, I've always tried to lift too heavy, too fast. I'm left with 2 bad shoulders because of it. I've brought the weights down and am concentrating more on form and getting a really good pump. I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Glad to have ya man. No better time than now.

JHo

LukeDavies
11-01-13, 6:31 pm
Just joined today. I'm a 198lb strongman from Wales, UK. Decent deadlifter and slowly working on getting good at everything else!

Just started a journal in that section and posted a lot more info about myself in that thread lol.

Bigboep
11-01-13, 6:53 pm
Just joined today. I'm a 198lb strongman from Wales, UK. Decent deadlifter and slowly working on getting good at everything else!

Just started a journal in that section and posted a lot more info about myself in that thread lol.

Welcome brother!

LukeDavies
11-01-13, 7:10 pm
Welcome brother!

Thanks man :) so many freaks on here looking forward to posting here a lot.

JHOORNSTRA
11-01-13, 7:32 pm

Welcome to the board.

JHo

TheMightyQuinn
11-01-13, 9:33 pm
I'm 20 years old, 6'2 270 lbs. I live in Delaware and train with the one and only Big Al. I've been to many animal days with Big Al and just recently went to the universal plane pull event. I've been training since I was 15 years old and right now I'm training for the NPC Atlantic states in 2014. Looking forward to reading around the forum and learning some new things.

thanks Quintin

JHOORNSTRA
11-01-13, 9:43 pm
I'm 20 years old, 6'2 270 lbs. I live in Delaware and train with the one and only Big Al. I've been to many animal days with Big Al and just recently went to the universal plane pull event. I've been training since I was 15 years old and right now I'm training for the NPC Atlantic states in 2014. Looking forward to reading around the forum and learning some new things.

thanks Quintin

Glad to have ya man.

JHo

rshelton242
11-04-13, 5:25 pm
Whats up fellas. Little about me 24 years old only been serious in lifting little over a year now. Got into powerlifting sometime around March or June 2012 just looking to get bigger and stronger. Im 6'3" and was weighing about 150 then and I have worked my way up to 240 still trying to add weight to my tall frame. Just this past weekend started adding some strongman training in. Like Mark Bell says "Strength is never a weakness"

Excited to be apart of this forum and soak in some knowledge and help out where i can.

James Fuller
11-04-13, 9:09 pm
Whats up, just signed up. My names James Fuller. Im from Spokane, Wa. I compete in UPA and USPA. Im a 165lb raw lifter. Ill be starting up a training log so you can follow that if you want. Critique my form, workouts if you see im lacking something, etc..

JHOORNSTRA
11-04-13, 10:13 pm
Whats up fellas. Little about me 24 years old only been serious in lifting little over a year now. Got into powerlifting sometime around March or June 2012 just looking to get bigger and stronger. Im 6'3" and was weighing about 150 then and I have worked my way up to 240 still trying to add weight to my tall frame. Just this past weekend started adding some strongman training in. Like Mark Bell says "Strength is never a weakness"

Excited to be apart of this forum and soak in some knowledge and help out where i can.

Welcome man, and damn...on the 90 lb gain in a year and a half...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-04-13, 10:13 pm
Whats up, just signed up. My names James Fuller. Im from Spokane, Wa. I compete in UPA and USPA. Im a 165lb raw lifter. Ill be starting up a training log so you can follow that if you want. Critique my form, workouts if you see im lacking something, etc..

Welcome man, glad to have ya.

JHo

BigQuinn
11-04-13, 11:32 pm
How's it going. I live in Moses Lake Washington, am 28, married with 2 kids.I have been working at being an animal since i was 14. Always been amazed by strongman and sumo wrestlers on tv. Thats how i started wanting to get huge. Plus i got bored being in a double wide with 9 people just watching tv.

Kuma
11-05-13, 9:28 am
Hey 24 years old here from Scotland. Been involved in the gym since I was 16, training since around 18/19.

I have pretty mediocre stats but I have hit -

Strict Press - 100kg
Squat - 165kg
Deadlift - 210kg
Power Clean - 115kg

Looking to open up my own gym in the next few months. Hopefully I'll be here a long time this seems like a cool forum.

Cheers.

goolsbro
11-05-13, 12:24 pm
What's up y'all?

I'm Mike, a 22 year-old Veteran from northern NJ. I started powerlifting back in high school, following some sub-par program during football offseasons. It quickly became more than just an after-school activity; it became a battle. A hell-bent passion to be better than the next guy. I enlisted as an infantryman in the Army soon after high school, and slipped into more of a cardio/plyo stance (you really don't have a choice). I'm back home now, and have been heavy back into powerlifting for about 18 months now. I'm here to learn everything I can (I study Finance at Rutgers, learning is perpetual in my opinion), and to contribute all that I can to whomever needs it. I come from a culture of giving the shirt off your back to your brothers in need, and I feel that this is the perfect place to continue that. I'd love to compete legitimately one day; all of the "meets" I've participated in have been extremely informal between myself and a few friends at our local spots. I'd also love to shed about 40-50lbs of BF within the next 8-10 mos. Most recent totals (about 3 months ago)- Bench 385lbs Dead 475lbs Squat 500lbs.

Thanks fellas, and keep fightin' the good fight.

olz
11-05-13, 8:20 pm
Wuttup everybody!

I'm new here - just signed up last night and got approved this morning & am very excited. Originally was looking on advice for knee wraps & I found my way here - settled on Inzer Z's btw. Took me damn near forever to choose - read through so many damn reviews. Finally ordered'em. I'm kinda low budget - I got'em for 25 bucks. I had my eye on the red Lilliebridge one's, but I guess I'll be asking for those for Christmas.

Anyway, I have been lifting weights on/off for nearly 20 years. Started off from reading a Flex Magazine - who knew the skinny ankled, rice bowl haircut having kid with the crooked teeth would grow up into a monster? I can not fit any of my clothes and hate buying new one - would rather spend my cash on PL'ing gear.

Currently sitting at 205ish lbs, 5'8". I could spend all day watching YouTube PL'ing clips and looking for every bit of info I can to further myself into this sport. Shit, i even practice "knees out" whenever I sit down! I see myself spending plenty of time here trying to get as much info and offer whatever I can.

JP1200
11-05-13, 9:33 pm
Hey everyone,

Name is Justin, living in Manhattan. Started getting serious about lifting about 2 years ago after many failed attempts. Cut from 205 sloppy, down to 170 fresh start, then gained slowly for over a year back up to 215. Been focusing on 531 and really just trying to continue my quest for strength and stay healthy.

olz
11-05-13, 9:48 pm
Hey everyone,

Name is Justin, living in Manhattan. Started getting serious about lifting about 2 years ago after many failed attempts. Cut from 205 sloppy, down to 170 fresh start, then gained slowly for over a year back up to 215. Been focusing on 531 and really just trying to continue my quest for strength and stay healthy.

Stay with it buddy! I started with 5/3/1 years ago & it did me well.