PDA

View Full Version : Yo Fellas, Introduce Yourself...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28

JHOORNSTRA
11-07-13, 9:58 am
How's it going. I live in Moses Lake Washington, am 28, married with 2 kids.I have been working at being an animal since i was 14. Always been amazed by strongman and sumo wrestlers on tv. Thats how i started wanting to get huge. Plus i got bored being in a double wide with 9 people just watching tv.

Welcome man, I'm right there with ya...facinated by it at an early age...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-07-13, 9:59 am
Hey 24 years old here from Scotland. Been involved in the gym since I was 16, training since around 18/19.

I have pretty mediocre stats but I have hit -

Strict Press - 100kg
Squat - 165kg
Deadlift - 210kg
Power Clean - 115kg

Looking to open up my own gym in the next few months. Hopefully I'll be here a long time this seems like a cool forum.

Cheers.

Welcome man, good luck with the gym

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-07-13, 10:00 am
What's up y'all?

I'm Mike, a 22 year-old Veteran from northern NJ. I started powerlifting back in high school, following some sub-par program during football offseasons. It quickly became more than just an after-school activity; it became a battle. A hell-bent passion to be better than the next guy. I enlisted as an infantryman in the Army soon after high school, and slipped into more of a cardio/plyo stance (you really don't have a choice). I'm back home now, and have been heavy back into powerlifting for about 18 months now. I'm here to learn everything I can (I study Finance at Rutgers, learning is perpetual in my opinion), and to contribute all that I can to whomever needs it. I come from a culture of giving the shirt off your back to your brothers in need, and I feel that this is the perfect place to continue that. I'd love to compete legitimately one day; all of the "meets" I've participated in have been extremely informal between myself and a few friends at our local spots. I'd also love to shed about 40-50lbs of BF within the next 8-10 mos. Most recent totals (about 3 months ago)- Bench 385lbs Dead 475lbs Squat 500lbs.

Thanks fellas, and keep fightin' the good fight.

Welcome man, thanks for the service, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-07-13, 10:01 am
Wuttup everybody!

I'm new here - just signed up last night and got approved this morning & am very excited. Originally was looking on advice for knee wraps & I found my way here - settled on Inzer Z's btw. Took me damn near forever to choose - read through so many damn reviews. Finally ordered'em. I'm kinda low budget - I got'em for 25 bucks. I had my eye on the red Lilliebridge one's, but I guess I'll be asking for those for Christmas.

Anyway, I have been lifting weights on/off for nearly 20 years. Started off from reading a Flex Magazine - who knew the skinny ankled, rice bowl haircut having kid with the crooked teeth would grow up into a monster? I can not fit any of my clothes and hate buying new one - would rather spend my cash on PL'ing gear.

Currently sitting at 205ish lbs, 5'8". I could spend all day watching YouTube PL'ing clips and looking for every bit of info I can to further myself into this sport. Shit, i even practice "knees out" whenever I sit down! I see myself spending plenty of time here trying to get as much info and offer whatever I can.

Welcome man, glad to hear it carries on outside the gym...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-07-13, 10:02 am
Hey everyone,

Name is Justin, living in Manhattan. Started getting serious about lifting about 2 years ago after many failed attempts. Cut from 205 sloppy, down to 170 fresh start, then gained slowly for over a year back up to 215. Been focusing on 531 and really just trying to continue my quest for strength and stay healthy.

Welcome, good luck man.

JHo

gwade
11-08-13, 2:14 am
What's up y'all,

My name is GerDono and I just got serious and started competing in powerlifting. I compete Raw at 148lbs and just did my first meet wit the SPF last month. My lifts were Squat 468lbs(w/wraps)/Bench 292lbs/Deadlift 478lbs. I loved it and I am about to start training up for another meet now. I'll be posting a log on here so feel free to give any critiques or advice.

SquatPressPull
11-08-13, 10:25 am
What's up y'all,

My name is GerDono and I just got serious and started competing in powerlifting. I compete Raw at 148lbs and just did my first meet wit the SPF last month. My lifts were Squat 468lbs(w/wraps)/Bench 292lbs/Deadlift 478lbs. I loved it and I am about to start training up for another meet now. I'll be posting a log on here so feel free to give any critiques or advice.

Welcome to the FORVM GerDono! That's great numbers for your first meet. Will definitely watch your log, I'm still a noob and my first meet is in December.

brettjon
11-11-13, 4:35 pm
Brett from Sydney, Aus here. 28, recently married and thankful as hell to have found the FORVM

Stoked to find this page, I went searching after watching a youtube vid on the cage at this years Arnold. I've struggled with depression for half a decade and turned to fitness to see some changes but lacking direction and inspiration I have just been poking around inconsistently and not achieving much. recently I've come to the conclusion that I don't give a damn about being skinny or aesthetic, I just want to be STRONG. Nothing gets me more pumped, excited or generally happy like the feeling of dead lifting 120kg (small by some standards I know haha) so getting my health right and my strength up are what's important to me.

Right now, the only goal I have is MORE. I will hit my gym this week and figure out my 100%, and then research what it's going to take to make that higher.

Thanks for having me guys, I'm looking forward to becoming an ANIMAL.

BigC
11-11-13, 8:50 pm
Yo, Yo Fellas.... Wanted to provide a quick tid-bit about myself. I have been an on and off Power lifter since I started in my late 20's; now that I turned 50 it been a bit rough getting through 20 to 30,000 lb lifting days, but the use of Animal products has help tremendously - thanks so much for that added benefit.

Anyway, will enjoy future additions and discussions.

Cheers to all.

BigC

Bench315
11-12-13, 1:04 pm
Hey what's up Animals. Honestly i joined this site because bottom line I just love to fucking train, and i feel i can gain insight and knowledge on improving myself. I'm twenty one now and i've been training since i was sixteen. I love bodybuilding and knowing i am putting lots of effort into something i love to fucking do plain and simple. I'm glad to have some wonderful people in my life right now supporting me. I work every day i can just so that i can have money to buy food and improve myself(and also enjoy myself with my family and girl). I wake up wanting to fucking train and look forward to it all day. to those 11 pm workouts. And those animalpak workouts of frank mcgrath are the shittt!!

Carlos J

zac89
11-12-13, 1:26 pm
Names Zac, been lifting consistently for 4 years now. Started in high school, got out of it my first couple years in the Corp. Recently hit a low and am having to dig deep to keep motivated. Joined looking for further inspiration.

Thanks guys

DoubleTapJak
11-13-13, 9:36 am
Sup fellas. I'm James and I live just outside STL and have been training for almost a year now. Got into it because I was tired of being chubby and weak. Gotta say I've loved every minute of it. The Animal mentality and community has been great motivation and I'm looking to step up and take it even farther.

JHOORNSTRA
11-13-13, 3:14 pm
What's up y'all,

Welcome man, congrats on the first meet.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-13-13, 3:15 pm
Brett from Sydney, Aus here. 28, recently married and thankful as hell to have found the FORVM

Stoked to find this page, I went searching after watching a youtube vid on the cage at this years Arnold. I've struggled with depression for half a decade and turned to fitness to see some changes but lacking direction and inspiration I have just been poking around inconsistently and not achieving much. recently I've come to the conclusion that I don't give a damn about being skinny or aesthetic, I just want to be STRONG. Nothing gets me more pumped, excited or generally happy like the feeling of dead lifting 120kg (small by some standards I know haha) so getting my health right and my strength up are what's important to me.

Right now, the only goal I have is MORE. I will hit my gym this week and figure out my 100%, and then research what it's going to take to make that higher.

Thanks for having me guys, I'm looking forward to becoming an ANIMAL.

Welcome to the board man, nothing more motivating than this to get size and strength, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-13-13, 3:16 pm
Yo, Yo Fellas.... Wanted to provide a quick tid-bit about myself. I have been an on and off Power lifter since I started in my late 20's; now that I turned 50 it been a bit rough getting through 20 to 30,000 lb lifting days, but the use of Animal products has help tremendously - thanks so much for that added benefit.

Anyway, will enjoy future additions and discussions.

Cheers to all.

BigC

Good to hear animal is helping. Welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-13-13, 3:17 pm
Hey what's up Animals. Honestly i joined this site because bottom line I just love to fucking train, and i feel i can gain insight and knowledge on improving myself. I'm twenty one now and i've been training since i was sixteen. I love bodybuilding and knowing i am putting lots of effort into something i love to fucking do plain and simple. I'm glad to have some wonderful people in my life right now supporting me. I work every day i can just so that i can have money to buy food and improve myself(and also enjoy myself with my family and girl). I wake up wanting to fucking train and look forward to it all day. to those 11 pm workouts. And those animalpak workouts of frank mcgrath are the shittt!!

Carlos J

Keep up the intensity man, welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-13-13, 3:18 pm
Names Zac, been lifting consistently for 4 years now. Started in high school, got out of it my first couple years in the Corp. Recently hit a low and am having to dig deep to keep motivated. Joined looking for further inspiration.

Thanks guys

Tons of motivation and inspiration here man. Glad to have ya, hope we can help.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-13-13, 3:18 pm
Sup fellas. I'm James and I live just outside STL and have been training for almost a year now. Got into it because I was tired of being chubby and weak. Gotta say I've loved every minute of it. The Animal mentality and community has been great motivation and I'm looking to step up and take it even farther.

Welcome to the board James.

JHo

FFKOS22
11-14-13, 2:37 pm
hey fellas, Names Kaber and I am from northern alberta lol. I am 144 lbs right now and my goal is to pack on another 30 lbs. I was a mere 124 lbs a year and two months ago and aint stoppin.

JHOORNSTRA
11-15-13, 8:02 pm
hey fellas, Names Kaber and I am from northern alberta lol. I am 144 lbs right now and my goal is to pack on another 30 lbs. I was a mere 124 lbs a year and two months ago and aint stoppin.

Nice man, keep it up.

JHo

Tshego TSG
11-18-13, 9:11 pm
Hey! I'm Tshego TSG, I come from South Africa, Pretoria, I'm still quite young but I work my butt off in the gym everyday trying to better myself. I recently started powerlifting with many PR's and one great victory at SA Bench press, where I placed 1st and got picked to represent my country in The CommonWealth Powerlifting Games, great achievment and I wanna keep getting better until my time is over.

JHOORNSTRA
11-18-13, 10:12 pm
Hey! I'm Tshego TSG, I come from South Africa, Pretoria, I'm still quite young but I work my butt off in the gym everyday trying to better myself. I recently started powerlifting with many PR's and one great victory at SA Bench press, where I placed 1st and got picked to represent my country in The CommonWealth Powerlifting Games, great achievment and I wanna keep getting better until my time is over.

Welcome man, congrats on everything so far.

JHo

Tshego TSG
11-18-13, 11:26 pm
Welcome man, congrats on everything so far.

JHo

Thank you very much JH I appreciate it.

DaveM
11-19-13, 12:24 am
Hey fellas welcome to The Forvm at Animalpak.com. Start off by telling us something about yourself—what you do, your interests, how you got into this game... Something that will give us insight into who you are.

Here's the lowdown on J-Dawg...
My role in The Forvm will be kinda like a captain. If you have any issues or problems that you run into, any questions, start with The Henchmen and work your way up to The Watchmen. If you still have a problem, get in touch with me.

For me it is a great honor to be a part of such a noble undertaking. I'm proud of every member of The Legion who make up this great forum, this place we call home, The Forvm.

Yo, what's up fellas, names Dave. Philly native here and squatting in NEPA for the time being. I started lifting 3 years ago when I found out I was going to be a father and decided a girl needs an Animal as a dad. Been training non-stop since that day and love everything about the lifestyle. Spent the last 3 years trying and testing workout routines, diets and supps and Animal and Universal are my favorite and only brands I will use from now on. New to the forum and wish I had discovered it earlier.

Looking forward to gettin bigger and better with the help of animal

flex-em
11-19-13, 4:53 am
Fam...

Emily here, long time member here and lurker but recently becoming more active within'. Live in a small town about 40 miles South of the Columbus, Ohio Expo center. First hit the weights back in 2009, clueless but with a goal in mind. Life happened, results were slow and I fell off the grid. Fast forward, the weekend following Arnold 2012 the fever was back and I 've been paying my dues ever since. Went in a tiny 118lbs, today 153 and growing. I am that 1%

Wrath
11-21-13, 10:34 am
Want to welcome all new members. Feel free to hit me up with any questions in the link below.

alm0383
11-22-13, 3:53 pm
Hello guys and gals. My name is Aaron I'm 30 years old and started lifting without a real purpose in 2007. I met a girl fell in love and back burnered the gym for 4 years. In Janauary 2011 I started back at it spinning my wheels, and just pushing plates five days a week. I've lived in four different states in four years where I am currently calling Las Vegas home. I have finally put purpose into my workouts this past month and now do a three day a week 5x5 powerlifting based setup with a fourth day of accessory work. I have commited myself to the gym, I dont go out or party. Work, the gym, eat, and sleep that is my life. I want to get strong and eat as much as my budget will allow. I am finally getting to a point where I am making peace with myself and the gym is providing the outlet. I am finding alot of great knowledge on here and really dig this forum where I can talk and learn from like minded people. Thanks in advance to everyone its awesome to see all this great material here.

MuscleCow
11-22-13, 6:08 pm
Hey guys, new member here. I am a regular over at SupplementReviews, and you can check out some of my reviews over there which are constantly growing.

I am 27, I have been lifting for 8 years, but have only started to be serious about fitness and bodybuilding for the past 2 years. I used to be a very fat and overweight young-in, and I decided to change one day and have never looked back. I am now sitting around 205lbs give or take, and in grade 8 through 10 I was 220lbs or so all fat (and a lot shorter).

I recently built a home gym in my basement (a pretty sick one at that), and I have wanted to start to personal train people on the side, as it truly is something I love to do.

I love to learn about the science and biochemistry behind everything, as I always want to know how everything works.

My biggest obstacle I've overcome so far with my passion to become a Pro one day, is my meal prep. I think that is the hardest part for everyone, but as soon as you get into it, you can't get out of it (or don't want to) :). It also helps when you have a loving girlfriend who has the same passion as you do and same desires, which I thankfully have :).

I live to lift, and I love every second of it. I look forward to seeing what this place has to offer :).

SquatPressPull
11-22-13, 7:17 pm
Hello guys and gals. My name is Aaron I'm 30 years old and started lifting without a real purpose in 2007. I met a girl fell in love and back burnered the gym for 4 years. In Janauary 2011 I started back at it spinning my wheels, and just pushing plates five days a week. I've lived in four different states in four years where I am currently calling Las Vegas home. I have finally put purpose into my workouts this past month and now do a three day a week 5x5 powerlifting based setup with a fourth day of accessory work. I have commited myself to the gym, I dont go out or party. Work, the gym, eat, and sleep that is my life. I want to get strong and eat as much as my budget will allow. I am finally getting to a point where I am making peace with myself and the gym is providing the outlet. I am finding alot of great knowledge on here and really dig this forum where I can talk and learn from like minded people. Thanks in advance to everyone its awesome to see all this great material here.

Hey guys, new member here. I am a regular over at SupplementReviews, and you can check out some of my reviews over there which are constantly growing.

I am 27, I have been lifting for 8 years, but have only started to be serious about fitness and bodybuilding for the past 2 years. I used to be a very fat and overweight young-in, and I decided to change one day and have never looked back. I am now sitting around 205lbs give or take, and in grade 8 through 10 I was 220lbs or so all fat (and a lot shorter).

I recently built a home gym in my basement (a pretty sick one at that), and I have wanted to start to personal train people on the side, as it truly is something I love to do.

I love to learn about the science and biochemistry behind everything, as I always want to know how everything works.

My biggest obstacle I've overcome so far with my passion to become a Pro one day, is my meal prep. I think that is the hardest part for everyone, but as soon as you get into it, you can't get out of it (or don't want to) :). It also helps when you have a loving girlfriend who has the same passion as you do and same desires, which I thankfully have :).

I live to lift, and I love every second of it. I look forward to seeing what this place has to offer :).

Welcome aboard you two. This is a great place to be and a lot of knowledge floating around.

JHOORNSTRA
11-25-13, 1:57 pm
Yo, what's up fellas, names Dave. Philly native here and squatting in NEPA for the time being. I started lifting 3 years ago when I found out I was going to be a father and decided a girl needs an Animal as a dad. Been training non-stop since that day and love everything about the lifestyle. Spent the last 3 years trying and testing workout routines, diets and supps and Animal and Universal are my favorite and only brands I will use from now on. New to the forum and wish I had discovered it earlier.

Looking forward to gettin bigger and better with the help of animal

Welcome man, sounds like your daughter should be proud.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-25-13, 1:58 pm
Fam...

Emily here, long time member here and lurker but recently becoming more active within'. Live in a small town about 40 miles South of the Columbus, Ohio Expo center. First hit the weights back in 2009, clueless but with a goal in mind. Life happened, results were slow and I fell off the grid. Fast forward, the weekend following Arnold 2012 the fever was back and I 've been paying my dues ever since. Went in a tiny 118lbs, today 153 and growing. I am that 1%

Nice...glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-25-13, 1:59 pm

Glad to have ya. Welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
11-25-13, 2:01 pm

Nice man. Once you get the meal prep down so much it becomes second nature, you won't even think about it. You'll get there. Good luck and welcome.

JHo

Ally1
11-30-13, 9:31 am
Hey guys. My name is Allyson. I've been a huge Universal fan for years now. My collection of their products is really coming together now. I've used just about everything besides animal Test and Stak, which was suggested for women no to use, but I can use M-Stak and I love it!! At one point in my life I was obese and weighed 300 lbs. That was at 15 years old. I was miserable and never knew self confidence. I began to lose it at 16 and in a year lost 100 lbs. Granted, it was with the help of a very strong amphetamine prescribed by a doctor. I ended up addicted to that unfortunately, and I ended up slimy fat. In 2007 I got in to bodybuilding the best I could and have been on a new high and addiction since then, trying to put on muscle! I absolutely love this sport! It's my passion and it gives me reason to get up every morning! Thank you all for being here and I hope to get to know everyone here.

JHOORNSTRA
12-01-13, 10:48 pm
Hey guys. My name is Allyson. I've been a huge Universal fan for years now. My collection of their products is really coming together now. I've used just about everything besides animal Test and Stak, which was suggested for women no to use, but I can use M-Stak and I love it!! At one point in my life I was obese and weighed 300 lbs. That was at 15 years old. I was miserable and never knew self confidence. I began to lose it at 16 and in a year lost 100 lbs. Granted, it was with the help of a very strong amphetamine prescribed by a doctor. I ended up addicted to that unfortunately, and I ended up slimy fat. In 2007 I got in to bodybuilding the best I could and have been on a new high and addiction since then, trying to put on muscle! I absolutely love this sport! It's my passion and it gives me reason to get up every morning! Thank you all for being here and I hope to get to know everyone here.

Awesome story, glad you took control and turned it into a passion. Happy for you so far, keep it up.

JHo

Ally1
12-01-13, 11:47 pm
Thank you so much.

•I don't know where 'slimy' came from in my original post but it should have been 'skinny.'

ghost
12-02-13, 12:27 pm
Glad to have you here Ally, if you need anything feel free to ask.

Beast145
12-03-13, 8:04 pm
Hello all, my name is Robert I am 28 years old and 5 foot 8in and I'm from San Diego. I have been a huge Universal fan for a few years now. MY favorite supplements that I take without fail are animal pak and Torrent. I have always been into bodybuilding with Frank Mcgrath being my motivation! I have been lifting weights for the past couple of years but my nutrition in the past has always been lacking which is why I never really made much gains. Just recently a couple of months ago I decided to put some real effort into my training as well as getting all my 6 meals in everyday. It has only been less than a year since I decided to get serious, but I have gone from 165lb to 190lb. I hoping to make it to 200lb by this summer and hopefully be in good enough shape to maybe compete next year for my first time. Glad to be here amongst all of you!

STRONGmanmike
12-03-13, 11:05 pm
Hello all, my name is Robert I am 28 years old and 5 foot 8in and I'm from San Diego. I have been a huge Universal fan for a few years now. MY favorite supplements that I take without fail are animal pak and Torrent. I have always been into bodybuilding with Frank Mcgrath being my motivation! I have been lifting weights for the past couple of years but my nutrition in the past has always been lacking which is why I never really made much gains. Just recently a couple of months ago I decided to put some real effort into my training as well as getting all my 6 meals in everyday. It has only been less than a year since I decided to get serious, but I have gone from 165lb to 190lb. I hoping to make it to 200lb by this summer and hopefully be in good enough shape to maybe compete next year for my first time. Glad to be here amongst all of you!

welcome bro!! good luck with your training and diet, there is plenty of good info on here, make sure to look around!

Synthetickiller
12-03-13, 11:36 pm
Hey guys. My name's Charles.I'm 29; I'm from just outside of New Orleans. I've been powerlifting for probably closer to 15 years. I've run all kinds of routines, from linear periodization to westside. I'm currently doing Sheiko. I'm coming off of a year lay off, so my numbers are really low compared to my gym PRs. I haven't done a meet in over a decade due to time constraints & injuries. I have a constantly nagging SI injury that holds me back a fair bit due to any lack of volume I can do. That's why you'll see a lot of triples in my routines.

I'll be posting a rehab & sheiko log here. My sheiko log is loosely based on the one used by Wade Hooper for 2006 USAPL nationals. The log will be focused on staying healthy with a chronic injury, lifting heavy, hypertrophy & working around problems caused by injuries.

My numbers will be extremely low, but hopefully will get back to where they were before I had my layoff (500/330/450). Best gym lifts were 573 / 335 / 484 @ 193 in single ply (raw for bench). I'll be trying to break all of those PRs, eventually fit a meet or two in & try to break into the 220 lbs class.

I'm looking forward to deepening my skill set & learning from anyone & everyone. This should be a fun ride.

jason2459
12-04-13, 1:13 pm
Name's Jason and currently living in Nebraska. I love all the support Universal has been giving to powerlifting and can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I hate these intro things. Basically I got into powerlifting in 2007 @ 31 after having a blast with many other sports but to banged up to play anymore. Then in 2008 lost everything I had to a flood and got started back into powerlifting in 2009 after getting life back in order and hit my biggest total of 1309. Then I had a son that was kolicky to the extreme for almost 2 straight years and then had a daughter in 2011 and didn't train at all during that time and got into the worse shape of my life. Started back up in 2012 and competed as soon as I could with a miserable 895 total but felt so good to be back on the platform. My last meet was this past October and was really hoping to be back up over 1300 total but without giving any excuses I just didn't do it and hit 1262. Not much else to me. I love my family and they are number 1 and powerlifting is now part of my life again and determined to keep it that way for as long as I can lift a bar. I train at night in my basement once everyone is sleeping.

Universal Rep
12-04-13, 1:14 pm
Name's Jason and currently living in Nebraska. I love all the support Universal has been giving to powerlifting and can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I hate these intro things. Basically I got into powerlifting in 2007 @ 31 after having a blast with many other sports but to banged up to play anymore. Then in 2008 lost everything I had to a flood and got started back into powerlifting in 2009 after getting life back in order and hit my biggest total of 1309. Then I had a son that was kolicky to the extreme for almost 2 straight years and then had a daughter in 2011 and didn't train at all during that time. Started back up in 2012 and competed as soon as I could with a miserable 895 total but felt so good to be back on the platform. My last meet was this past October and was really hoping to be back up over 1300 total but without giving any excuses I just didn't do it and hit 1262. Not much else to me. I love my family and they are number 1 and powerlifting is now part of my life again and determined to keep it that way for as long as I can lift a bar. I train at night in my basement once everyone is sleeping.

Welcome man. I know ya from BB.com. Smaller more intimate place here but a wealth of knowledge when it comes to powerliftin...

Check out this section... http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?172-Powerlifting

And this section... http://forum.animalpak.com/forumdisplay.php?69-Ask-The-Animals

JHOORNSTRA
12-04-13, 5:11 pm

Awesome gains so far, welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
12-04-13, 5:13 pm
Hey guys. My name's Charles.I'm 29; I'm from just outside of New Orleans. I've been powerlifting for probably closer to 15 years. I've run all kinds of routines, from linear periodization to westside. I'm currently doing Sheiko. I'm coming off of a year lay off, so my numbers are really low compared to my gym PRs. I haven't done a meet in over a decade due to time constraints & injuries. I have a constantly nagging SI injury that holds me back a fair bit due to any lack of volume I can do. That's why you'll see a lot of triples in my routines.

I'll be posting a rehab & sheiko log here. My sheiko log is loosely based on the one used by Wade Hooper for 2006 USAPL nationals. The log will be focused on staying healthy with a chronic injury, lifting heavy, hypertrophy & working around problems caused by injuries.

My numbers will be extremely low, but hopefully will get back to where they were before I had my layoff (500/330/450). Best gym lifts were 573 / 335 / 484 @ 193 in single ply (raw for bench). I'll be trying to break all of those PRs, eventually fit a meet or two in & try to break into the 220 lbs class.

I'm looking forward to deepening my skill set & learning from anyone & everyone. This should be a fun ride.

Good luck man, stay at it, injuries suck but happen. Glad to have ya.

JHo

Beast145
12-04-13, 5:22 pm

Welcome!!!

Beast145
12-04-13, 5:22 pm
Name's Jason and currently living in Nebraska. I love all the support Universal has been giving to powerlifting and can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I hate these intro things. Basically I got into powerlifting in 2007 @ 31 after having a blast with many other sports but to banged up to play anymore. Then in 2008 lost everything I had to a flood and got started back into powerlifting in 2009 after getting life back in order and hit my biggest total of 1309. Then I had a son that was kolicky to the extreme for almost 2 straight years and then had a daughter in 2011 and didn't train at all during that time and got into the worse shape of my life. Started back up in 2012 and competed as soon as I could with a miserable 895 total but felt so good to be back on the platform. My last meet was this past October and was really hoping to be back up over 1300 total but without giving any excuses I just didn't do it and hit 1262. Not much else to me. I love my family and they are number 1 and powerlifting is now part of my life again and determined to keep it that way for as long as I can lift a bar. I train at night in my basement once everyone is sleeping.

Welcome sir!

Synthetickiller
12-04-13, 10:26 pm
Thanks a lot everyone!

I'll be posting my log soon enough.

jayrex
12-10-13, 11:59 am
Hey everyone my name is John. I've been lifting since I was 17, I'm currently 18. I'm from Sparks NV. I hold two weightlifting records at my old high school in the 123 and under division. The first one is in bench at 185lbs, the second one is squat at 295. I did those when I was 17. Since graduating I've still continued to lift and make gains. I work full-time, and go to college full-time, but I never miss a day of training. I currently weigh 130lbs and I'm bulking. I'm 5'4" in height so I'm small. I did Track all four years in high school. I did the 100m, 200m, 4x100, 4x200 events. My legs have always been a strong point so I'm focusing on all my other parts. My best deadlift is 315lbs. I hope to get to "THE ANT" level in a year or less from now. He is my inspiration for lifting. I'm a younging, but I can't wait to learn more from all the great people on this forum!

Happy lifting!

JHOORNSTRA
12-10-13, 1:18 pm
Hey everyone my name is John. I've been lifting since I was 17, I'm currently 18. I'm from Sparks NV. I hold two weightlifting records at my old high school in the 123 and under division. The first one is in bench at 185lbs, the second one is squat at 295. I did those when I was 17. Since graduating I've still continued to lift and make gains. I work full-time, and go to college full-time, but I never miss a day of training. I currently weigh 130lbs and I'm bulking. I'm 5'4" in height so I'm small. I did Track all four years in high school. I did the 100m, 200m, 4x100, 4x200 events. My legs have always been a strong point so I'm focusing on all my other parts. My best deadlift is 315lbs. I hope to get to "THE ANT" level in a year or less from now. He is my inspiration for lifting. I'm a younging, but I can't wait to learn more from all the great people on this forum!

Happy lifting!

Welcome man...ANT has been at it for many many years, remember it's a journey. Good luck though, glad to have ya.

JHo

jayrex
12-10-13, 2:48 pm
Welcome man...ANT has been at it for many many years, remember it's a journey. Good luck though, glad to have ya.

JHo

Yeah I know, I love it just as much. Thanks!

STRONGmanmike
12-15-13, 1:22 am

Happy lifting!

welcome bro! keep hitting it hard!

biggdawgg26
12-16-13, 6:28 pm
Hi, Im a powerlifter and been competing about a year now and Im 30. Im from Maryland and compete in the USAPL. I have 3 competitions under my belt. Got a total of 1763 and that's with leaving a lot on the platform that day (100+lbs). 2 main goals right now, Squat over 800 and do top 3 at USAPL Raw Nationals. Thanks for having me.

bigjones528
12-16-13, 7:38 pm
Fellow brothers in iron, pleasure to be a part of this forum with you all. Name is Alec Jones, from Edmonds, Washington. Amateur strongman, and looking into powerlifting this coming year. I've been competing since June of this year, my first competition was the Washington's Strongest Apple put on by HIGA MONSTER, had a blast and have been grinding since. Former fat kid who's been hitting the weights since 2007, right after getting out of high school, saved myself from early health issues, and with the help of some mentors, got myself to where I am now. Work wise I'm the store manager at the Vitamin Shoppe in Bellevue, WA, and animal products are one of my three most trusted companies, I have and always will stand behind their products. My goals are ever evolving, and the journey will never be complete, but I take solace in the fact that I have chosen this lifestyle, and that it is the biggest aspect of my life that will always tell me like it is. Looking forward to contributing in any way I can, and getting to know some of you all.

Big Jones

rdavis4559
12-18-13, 1:30 pm
Whatsup animals, I am new to the forum as of today. I am 27 years old, former fatty who lost 100lbs 9 years ago. For about 8 of those years I was stupid, went in to the gym and did the same weights and reps every time and never made or tried to make progression. I have only been powerlifting for 10 months now and my numbers are likely nowhere near some of you. I ran my own version of 5/3/1 for 9 months and since then have been training under Dan Green. I have never competed and honestly do not have any urge to compete on an amateur level until I add at least a buck fifty to my squat and DL and some to my bench. Current training PRs (gym lifts) before Dan taking me on are squat 345, dl 415, bench 265, press 165.

shauger
12-21-13, 1:33 am
Hello, Steve from Spokane WA. Been lifting since Highschool, competed in powerlifting a few times around the age of 20. Stopped until about age 28 and competed in the WABDL, APA but primarily local meets for a few years. Stopped due to three ruptured discs which resulted in nerve damage and permanent loss of feeling in one leg. Additionally osteoarthritis in my shoulders stopped all forward progress. Now at 39 going to limp back into action at least in the bench. Lacking Brett Favre type durability this will be quite the endeavor. Goals are first to get back to 180s range. Currently 215 with with desk job gut though I hide it well. Second is to compete in a local USAPL meet here locally in May either raw using a very narrow grip due to shoulders or in a single ply rage. Actually first goal is to get thru a bench rep off tomorrow my brother felt inclined to sign me up for. Anyway will start a training log shortly hoping for feedback from other members specifically those training thru injury to see what tools they use to keep themselves moving forward.

rshelton242
12-21-13, 10:16 am
Hey Steve just welcome you to the Animal forum and welcome back to powerlifting. Just a quick something about training bench around some shoulder injuries. Look into Mark Bell Slingshot www.howmuchyabench.net This is the reason he created this at the 1st. Very fair pricing as well.

shauger
12-21-13, 5:51 pm
Hey Steve just welcome you to the Animal forum and welcome back to powerlifting. Just a quick something about training bench around some shoulder injuries. Look into Mark Bell Slingshot www.howmuchyabench.net This is the reason he created this at the 1st. Very fair pricing as well.

Funny you mention the slingshot I bought one after trying a friends for a few weeks. My shoulders do infinately better using it. So now I go narrow grip up to 385 or more if feeling good then switch to the slingshot with competition grip for heavy sets, seems to be working better than I could have hoped for. Just have to choose accessory work carefully.

rshelton242
12-21-13, 9:26 pm
Awesome Steve looking forward to seeing your journey back into powerlifting brother!

JHOORNSTRA
12-22-13, 2:52 pm
Hi, Im a powerlifter and been competing about a year now and Im 30. Im from Maryland and compete in the USAPL. I have 3 competitions under my belt. Got a total of 1763 and that's with leaving a lot on the platform that day (100+lbs). 2 main goals right now, Squat over 800 and do top 3 at USAPL Raw Nationals. Thanks for having me.

Nice man, welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
12-22-13, 2:52 pm
Fellow brothers in iron, pleasure to be a part of this forum with you all. Name is Alec Jones, from Edmonds, Washington. Amateur strongman, and looking into powerlifting this coming year. I've been competing since June of this year, my first competition was the Washington's Strongest Apple put on by HIGA MONSTER, had a blast and have been grinding since. Former fat kid who's been hitting the weights since 2007, right after getting out of high school, saved myself from early health issues, and with the help of some mentors, got myself to where I am now. Work wise I'm the store manager at the Vitamin Shoppe in Bellevue, WA, and animal products are one of my three most trusted companies, I have and always will stand behind their products. My goals are ever evolving, and the journey will never be complete, but I take solace in the fact that I have chosen this lifestyle, and that it is the biggest aspect of my life that will always tell me like it is. Looking forward to contributing in any way I can, and getting to know some of you all.

Big Jones

It truly is a great company. Glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
12-22-13, 2:54 pm
Whatsup animals, I am new to the forum as of today. I am 27 years old, former fatty who lost 100lbs 9 years ago. For about 8 of those years I was stupid, went in to the gym and did the same weights and reps every time and never made or tried to make progression. I have only been powerlifting for 10 months now and my numbers are likely nowhere near some of you. I ran my own version of 5/3/1 for 9 months and since then have been training under Dan Green. I have never competed and honestly do not have any urge to compete on an amateur level until I add at least a buck fifty to my squat and DL and some to my bench. Current training PRs (gym lifts) before Dan taking me on are squat 345, dl 415, bench 265, press 165.

Welcome. Dan is a good guy and definitely will lead you in the right direction. However, if everyone competed when they thought they were happy with where they were, there wouldn't be anyone showing up. If anything, it will show you where you need more work and motivate the shit out of you. Good luck either way, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
12-22-13, 2:56 pm
Hello, Steve from Spokane WA. Been lifting since Highschool, competed in powerlifting a few times around the age of 20. Stopped until about age 28 and competed in the WABDL, APA but primarily local meets for a few years. Stopped due to three ruptured discs which resulted in nerve damage and permanent loss of feeling in one leg. Additionally osteoarthritis in my shoulders stopped all forward progress. Now at 39 going to limp back into action at least in the bench. Lacking Brett Favre type durability this will be quite the endeavor. Goals are first to get back to 180s range. Currently 215 with with desk job gut though I hide it well. Second is to compete in a local USAPL meet here locally in May either raw using a very narrow grip due to shoulders or in a single ply rage. Actually first goal is to get thru a bench rep off tomorrow my brother felt inclined to sign me up for. Anyway will start a training log shortly hoping for feedback from other members specifically those training thru injury to see what tools they use to keep themselves moving forward.

Welcome man, glad to have you aboard.

JHo

Capicola
12-23-13, 1:44 pm
What's up guys, just wanted to introduce myself a little. I've been training seriously for about 3 years now. Seriously meaning trying to figure out what stuff really works best for me as far as diet, routines and rest. Still haven't got it all figured out but I've come a long way. At the very least I've developed a good base to grow from. That's why I'm here. From reading on this site I've been motivated and inspired many times so I want to be part of it.

IronHyde
12-24-13, 4:29 am
Hey there, I'm new to the FORVM and so far it seems pretty great! I'm training out of Calgary, AB. I've only been training seriously for about 6 months. Right now my goal is to burn this gut off and start a clean bulk. I just surpassed my lifting goals of 315lbs Bench and 400lbs Deadlift, my Squat is lagging at 335 however. Ultimately I want to compete in powerlifting and get BIG while doing it. Right now I'm at a soft 200lbs, down from 220, and the weight is coming off fast!

lep
01-01-14, 12:37 pm
Originally from Detroit, now living in Houston, I am 56 years old and play ice hockey 4 times a week. While I am like a kid on the ice, I am snakebitten with loss of cartilage in one knee and was given a diagnosis of "no hockey for 6-8 months." This post will start the beginning of a long journey to get cartilage refreshed and hopefully play at least one hockey game per week.

N. Motta
01-01-14, 4:31 pm
Originally from Detroit, now living in Houston, I am 56 years old and play ice hockey 4 times a week. While I am like a kid on the ice, I am snakebitten with loss of cartilage in one knee and was given a diagnosis of "no hockey for 6-8 months." This post will start the beginning of a long journey to get cartilage refreshed and hopefully play at least one hockey game per week.

Welcome man.

PapaCobra
01-01-14, 5:40 pm
Hey tuya,
My name is Al. I live outside of New Haven, CT but I grew up in Manhattan. I'm currently training as a powerlifter, but started out training in bodybuilding. I found this forum cuz i was looking up info on Animal supps and realized what a great place this was for info and comraderie. I look forward to being a productive member of this forum. Thanks for having me.

An4thema
01-01-14, 9:12 pm
Hey everyone. New here so figured I'd say what's up, names Matt, happy new year. From Mass, started my adventure/journey in august of 2012. Done some dumb shit, learned a lot, still learning as I go. I know what my goal is and I intend to hit it, no matter what. Always looking for people that want to chat and relate so figured I'd come here (also recently started using Animal products, so good). Take care, have fun, and who knows maybe we will bump into eachother at a future time and gym sesh!

lep
01-01-14, 11:20 pm
Hey tuya,
My name is Al. I live outside of New Haven, CT but I grew up in Manhattan. I'm currently training as a powerlifter, but started out training in bodybuilding. I found this forum cuz i was looking up info on Animal supps and realized what a great place this was for info and comraderie. I look forward to being a productive member of this forum. Thanks for having me.

Welcome, bro

dallas_stoltz
01-02-14, 12:42 am
Happy to be here. First powerlifting meet in less than 6 weeks. Stoked to learn from this site and the wonderful people in it. Look forward to talking shop and contributing.

SuperP
01-02-14, 7:17 pm
SuperP here. I've a 41 year old Master lifter. Currently in 165lb weight class. I lift raw. Been lifting for about 2 years. Been to several meets, state and local and one World meet. Live in Central Mississippi and am always willing to talk about powerlifting to anyone who will listen...but most of all, I love moving weight...my only regret is that I didn't start doing this years ago. Anyway, that's me.

N. Motta
01-02-14, 10:39 pm
Welcome home

dallas_stoltz
01-02-14, 11:56 pm
SuperP here. I've a 41 year old Master lifter. Currently in 165lb weight class. I lift raw. Been lifting for about 2 years. Been to several meets, state and local and one World meet. Live in Central Mississippi and am always willing to talk about powerlifting to anyone who will listen...but most of all, I love moving weight...my only regret is that I didn't start doing this years ago. Anyway, that's me.

ahh a fellow 165'er. Welcome, not many of us around I feel like lol. Keep in touch sir.

bp455
01-03-14, 12:05 am
well 165-175 lb have to decide for sure if going to be at my best.

Keosawa
01-03-14, 1:56 am
Hi there--I decided to join this forum after seeing all the work Animal has been putting into powerlifting. I really like the vibe of this forum, and I've been reading it without an account for a while and have picked up some good information. My name's Kyle, and I've been in powerlifting since 2009, mostly as a 148.

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:06 pm
What's up guys, just wanted to introduce myself a little. I've been training seriously for about 3 years now. Seriously meaning trying to figure out what stuff really works best for me as far as diet, routines and rest. Still haven't got it all figured out but I've come a long way. At the very least I've developed a good base to grow from. That's why I'm here. From reading on this site I've been motivated and inspired many times so I want to be part of it.

Welcome, glad you found extra motivation in the forvm.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:07 pm
Hey there, I'm new to the FORVM and so far it seems pretty great! I'm training out of Calgary, AB. I've only been training seriously for about 6 months. Right now my goal is to burn this gut off and start a clean bulk. I just surpassed my lifting goals of 315lbs Bench and 400lbs Deadlift, my Squat is lagging at 335 however. Ultimately I want to compete in powerlifting and get BIG while doing it. Right now I'm at a soft 200lbs, down from 220, and the weight is coming off fast!

Welcome to the board. Congrats on the reached goals so far. Good luck as you venture into powerlifting.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:08 pm

Welcome to the board...sorry to hear about the knee. We have our fair share of snakes here in FL as well...good luck.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:09 pm
Hey tuya,

Glad to have ya...I started the same way in bodybuilding and then transitioned to powerlifting. Welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:09 pm
Hey everyone. New here so figured I'd say what's up, names Matt, happy new year. From Mass, started my adventure/journey in august of 2012. Done some dumb shit, learned a lot, still learning as I go. I know what my goal is and I intend to hit it, no matter what. Always looking for people that want to chat and relate so figured I'd come here (also recently started using Animal products, so good). Take care, have fun, and who knows maybe we will bump into eachother at a future time and gym sesh!

Welcome to the board man.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:10 pm
Happy to be here. First powerlifting meet in less than 6 weeks. Stoked to learn from this site and the wonderful people in it. Look forward to talking shop and contributing.

Welcome and good luck in your meet. Keep us posted.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:11 pm

Welcome to the board man...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 2:12 pm
Hi there--I decided to join this forum after seeing all the work Animal has been putting into powerlifting. I really like the vibe of this forum, and I've been reading it without an account for a while and have picked up some good information. My name's Kyle, and I've been in powerlifting since 2009, mostly as a 148.

Welcome Kyle, glad to have ya.

JHo

PapaCobra
01-03-14, 2:29 pm
Thanks J-HO (if i may call you J-HO?)!

I'm glad to have the opportunity to post amongst such accomplished strength athletes.

JHOORNSTRA
01-03-14, 6:06 pm
Thanks J-HO (if i may call you J-HO?)!

I'm glad to have the opportunity to post amongst such accomplished strength athletes.

Yeah you can call me that or Jeremy...or Hoornstra...I don't care...we're glad to have ya as well.

Torn
01-04-14, 1:35 am
Hey everyone, really glad to join the great community been into bodybuilding since the age of 15 I really appreciate
Animal and how it is raising the sport, name is Hazem from middle east-Jordan.

Big respect

JHOORNSTRA
01-04-14, 7:44 am
Hey everyone, really glad to join the great community been into bodybuilding since the age of 15 I really appreciate
Animal and how it is raising the sport, name is Hazem from middle east-Jordan.

Big respect

Welcome man, glad to have ya.

JHo

James500
01-05-14, 7:37 am
What's up everybody? my name is James i'm from Atlanta Ga, i am a 50 year old bench only lifter, glad to post on the Animal forum

JHOORNSTRA
01-06-14, 11:01 am
What's up everybody? my name is James i'm from Atlanta Ga, i am a 50 year old bench only lifter, glad to post on the Animal forum

Welcome man, glad to have another bencher.

JHo

James500
01-06-14, 4:32 pm
Thank you JHo

Midmer
01-07-14, 9:18 am
Hey all,

Power lifting out of Fortis Fitness out of Toronto. Happy to join the community.

Blake_Bar_Bender
01-07-14, 4:09 pm
How's it going fellas, I'm Blake. Competitive Powerlifter in the 275 class. I'm about to turn 21 next month so I will be competing in the Juniors until i'm 23. I'm pretty close to some USPA California state records. Just trying to get stronger and improve in every way that I can. If any of you are in SoCal in the orange county area and want to train, feel free to hit me up. I'm always down to lift heavy shit.

Pugayohana
01-13-14, 8:01 am
wassup everybody. I am Darren. Starting my first year of powerlifting. Looking foward to find some good info to help out my journey.

pbr
01-13-14, 7:35 pm
Hey, another new guy here. I'm Rob. Just started weightlifting seriously the last two months. I want to get big and strong on the bench, squat and dead lift!

I look forward to learning lots from the community here.

fattmatt
01-13-14, 11:35 pm
What's up fellas my name is Matt Parlier. I am a beginner powerlifter out of Charlotte, NC. I am a junior at UNC CHarlotte and have been training 5/3/1 for 8 cycles. I have recently started a cycle of Sheiko 37 two weeks ago. I have competed once back in December at the USPA Southeast Open in Hickory, NC. I hit a 1200# total in the 242 class (weighed 221 day before, but I didn't want to screw up cutting weight at my first meet). Looking forward to soaking up all the info I can on this forum!

brentwillisbgw
01-14-14, 12:38 am
Welcome to the family guys! Let me know if there's anything I can help you out with.

Appollonian
01-14-14, 8:58 am
Hey, another new guy here. I'm Rob. Just started weightlifting seriously the last two months. I want to get big and strong on the bench, squat and dead lift!

Welcome! I replied to your question in the Tennessee Animals thread, but it's nice to have another lifter nearby.

TheVegetarianStrongman
01-14-14, 1:20 pm
Hey fellas welcome to The Forvm at Animalpak.com. Start off by telling us something about yourself—what you do, your interests, how you got into this game... Something that will give us insight into who you are.

My role in The Forvm will be kinda like a captain. If you have any issues or problems that you run into, any questions, start with The Henchmen and work your way up to The Watchmen. If you still have a problem, get in touch with me.

For me it is a great honor to be a part of such a noble undertaking. I'm proud of every member of The Legion who make up this great forum, this place we call home, The Forvm.

What's up J Dawg, that's been a nickname of mine for years as well (Justin).

My name is Justin, aka The Vegetarian Strongman aka Farmstand Strong. I'm 32 years old, 6'5" 300lb, residing in Boston Massachusetts BOSTON STRONG!

I'm a competitive strongman, but use my strength in a much different way than many of my competitors! I founded an organization called 50' Closer to A Cure ( www.facebook.com/50feetcloser ), we raise funds for those in need nation wide by holding strongman open contests as well as performing truck, bus and plane pulls (currently planning a train car pull with a world famous strongman from the USA as well).

My passion is lifting, always has been. Growing up my father was an alcoholic and my mother worked 2 jobs, so I had no real role model around me to look up to, SO I found motivation and inspiration from Arnold, Stallone, Hulk Hogan, shit I even looked up to the Hulk in all his green glory. They all had one thing in common: muscle, so I wanted some too.

I'be been training for 13 years, have battled 2 shoulder surgeries, was in a wheel chair after surgery on my spine as doctors removed 80% of two discs, had to learn to walk on my left leg again, and retrain myself in all big lifts with the iron mistress.

I'm a huge supporter of Animal, my dream is to pull or press in the Cage!

Happy to be here!

JHOORNSTRA
01-15-14, 11:17 am
Hey all,

Power lifting out of Fortis Fitness out of Toronto. Happy to join the community.

Welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
How's it going fellas, I'm Blake. Competitive Powerlifter in the 275 class. I'm about to turn 21 next month so I will be competing in the Juniors until i'm 23. I'm pretty close to some USPA California state records. Just trying to get stronger and improve in every way that I can. If any of you are in SoCal in the orange county area and want to train, feel free to hit me up. I'm always down to lift heavy shit.

Good luck man, welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA

In the right place, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-15-14, 11:19 am
What's up fellas my name is Matt Parlier. I am a beginner powerlifter out of Charlotte, NC. I am a junior at UNC CHarlotte and have been training 5/3/1 for 8 cycles. I have recently started a cycle of Sheiko 37 two weeks ago. I have competed once back in December at the USPA Southeast Open in Hickory, NC. I hit a 1200# total in the 242 class (weighed 221 day before, but I didn't want to screw up cutting weight at my first meet). Looking forward to soaking up all the info I can on this forum!

Can't get much lighter than that in the 242's.... 1/2 lb and its different. Glad to have ya, good luck.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-15-14, 11:20 am
What's up J Dawg, that's been a nickname of mine for years as well (Justin).

My name is Justin, aka The Vegetarian Strongman aka Farmstand Strong. I'm 32 years old, 6'5" 300lb, residing in Boston Massachusetts BOSTON STRONG!

I'm a competitive strongman, but use my strength in a much different way than many of my competitors! I founded an organization called 50' Closer to A Cure ( www.facebook.com/50feetcloser ), we raise funds for those in need nation wide by holding strongman open contests as well as performing truck, bus and plane pulls (currently planning a train car pull with a world famous strongman from the USA as well).

My passion is lifting, always has been. Growing up my father was an alcoholic and my mother worked 2 jobs, so I had no real role model around me to look up to, SO I found motivation and inspiration from Arnold, Stallone, Hulk Hogan, shit I even looked up to the Hulk in all his green glory. They all had one thing in common: muscle, so I wanted some too.

I'be been training for 13 years, have battled 2 shoulder surgeries, was in a wheel chair after surgery on my spine as doctors removed 80% of two discs, had to learn to walk on my left leg again, and retrain myself in all big lifts with the iron mistress.

I'm a huge supporter of Animal, my dream is to pull or press in the Cage!

Happy to be here!

Awesome man, glad to have ya. Admirable what you're doing, good job.

JHo

RGonzo
01-19-14, 3:08 am
Legion

My name is Rick and I hang my hat in Surf City USA (Huntington Beach CA). I have been lifting since I was a teenager but got real serious about it when I was in the Marines. When I discharged, I maintained a level of fitness, which included running and lifting. About six years ago, I made a carrer move and felt because of my new profession, I needed to be significantly stronger.

A friend of mine introduced me to crossfit and told me, "This is THE way." Total BS. Now, I know the rules, which clearly state you are supposed to leave your ego at the door, but I thought crossfit was a joke. Before you throw rocks at me, I had some good workouts doing crossfit, and I gave it a fair shot, but it was NOT for me. I needed more. A lot more.

Another friend recommended me to an Olympic style/Strongman trainer, and I found my new passion. Clean and jerk, snatch, bench, squats, deadlifts, drags, and farmer walk exercises. He taught me how to get that heavy weight off the ground and up over my head, or drag/pull it a certain distance. Since then, I havent looked back. For me, there is no greater feeling and/or adrenaline rush then doing clean and jerks or snatch lifts at (what I would call) insane weights, or, to watch and cheer someone on while they attempt a new PR. The bench, squat, drags, walks, and deads are true tests of raw, pure strength.

I then created several O-lifting Strongman goals, like being able to snatch lift a sub compact car, bench a school bus, and drag a steam locomotive 50 yards. Although some would say my goals were unreasonable, nothing was going to stop me from acheiving new PR's. The O-lift trainer then recommended and introduced me to supplements. I started with the big and small companies, trying this and that, reading several articles, and talking to everyone I knew who was taking supps. I was doing the homework and after several trial runs, I met Universal Nutrition and Animal. Hence, why I am on this site.

Now, I do not compete, never have and I never will. My battle is solely me vs the iron which is a mentality we all share. I surround myself with these kinds of people. The dedication to become stronger and the best possible we can be. It is the will to survive, through strength, training, and commitment.

So far, I like the supplements I am taking, Pak, Flex, Torrent, Shock Therapy, and Atomic 7. As soon as my ST runs dry, I will be purchasing Rage XL. In addition, I am really interested in reading and learning what other packs, combo of packs, along with other Universal/Animal supplements people are taking that could possible help me in acheiving my absurd goals. I will not stop until victory is reached or my heart pops.

Thanks for hearing me out, and will be chattin later.

INTEGRITAS,
RGonzo

JHOORNSTRA
01-19-14, 11:45 pm
Legion

My name is Rick and I hang my hat in Surf City USA (Huntington Beach CA). I have been lifting since I was a teenager but got real serious about it when I was in the Marines. When I discharged, I maintained a level of fitness, which included running and lifting. About six years ago, I made a carrer move and felt because of my new profession, I needed to be significantly stronger.

A friend of mine introduced me to crossfit and told me, "This is THE way." Total BS. Now, I know the rules, which clearly state you are supposed to leave your ego at the door, but I thought crossfit was a joke. Before you throw rocks at me, I had some good workouts doing crossfit, and I gave it a fair shot, but it was NOT for me. I needed more. A lot more.

Another friend recommended me to an Olympic style/Strongman trainer, and I found my new passion. Clean and jerk, snatch, bench, squats, deadlifts, drags, and farmer walk exercises. He taught me how to get that heavy weight off the ground and up over my head, or drag/pull it a certain distance. Since then, I havent looked back. For me, there is no greater feeling and/or adrenaline rush then doing clean and jerks or snatch lifts at (what I would call) insane weights, or, to watch and cheer someone on while they attempt a new PR. The bench, squat, drags, walks, and deads are true tests of raw, pure strength.

I then created several O-lifting Strongman goals, like being able to snatch lift a sub compact car, bench a school bus, and drag a steam locomotive 50 yards. Although some would say my goals were unreasonable, nothing was going to stop me from acheiving new PR's. The O-lift trainer then recommended and introduced me to supplements. I started with the big and small companies, trying this and that, reading several articles, and talking to everyone I knew who was taking supps. I was doing the homework and after several trial runs, I met Universal Nutrition and Animal. Hence, why I am on this site.

Now, I do not compete, never have and I never will. My battle is solely me vs the iron which is a mentality we all share. I surround myself with these kinds of people. The dedication to become stronger and the best possible we can be. It is the will to survive, through strength, training, and commitment.

So far, I like the supplements I am taking, Pak, Flex, Torrent, Shock Therapy, and Atomic 7. As soon as my ST runs dry, I will be purchasing Rage XL. In addition, I am really interested in reading and learning what other packs, combo of packs, along with other Universal/Animal supplements people are taking that could possible help me in acheiving my absurd goals. I will not stop until victory is reached or my heart pops.

Thanks for hearing me out, and will be chattin later.

INTEGRITAS,
RGonzo

Welcome man, seems like you tried it all and crossfit isn't for everyone. Glad you were led here, welcome.

JHo

SGT BashBrother
01-21-14, 4:51 pm
What up fam! I joined so I can go put in work with some d.c./md/va people dedicated to the iron! I'm active duty Army, stationed at Fort Meade. Bodybuilding/lifting is not a hobby, it is a lifestyle, and it is second only to my wife and daughter. The gym is therapy to me. I can walk in the gym homicidal and leave emotionally rested every time. I treat my workouts just like that, all business. My mentality is less talk, more lift. There's nothing wrong with kickin it with your boy, but don't miss the next set to be bullshitting. Anyway, that's enough ranting for one post. I love this shit! And I love meeting people who take lifting seriously. Bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, fitness/figure, don't matter, you're all my brothers and sisters in iron. Lift big, eat big, sleep hard. I'm out, peace!

rshelton242
01-21-14, 5:28 pm
SGT BashBrother VA right here man. Where you from?

SGT BashBrother
01-21-14, 8:11 pm

What's up man, I'm between Baltimore and Annapolis, about 20 min. North of D.C. Without traffic. Where in VA are you? Hit me up in the ABC section we need to get a group together

SGT BashBrother
01-22-14, 1:25 pm

Never mind, i saw that you live in Bedford. Are you near Ft. Belvoir?

rshelton242
01-22-14, 1:58 pm
About 3 or 4 hours away from there

ben_w
01-22-14, 2:01 pm
New member here, basically here's my intro:

I first got into lifting/workout out when I was starting high school, and then Junior year tore my rotator cuff. I got into a depressed state and started getting heavier. Like, a lot heavier. I hit 315lbs at 40+% bodyfat, 5'6" wearing xxl shirts and 40" waist pants.

In 2010 I started attempting to turn things around. Yo-yo'd a lot until 2012, when I finally got serious and got all the way to 168#, and damn I looked scrawny as hell lol. Late fall I started bulking, hit about 210 before I decided to tighten up and wound up doing my first show last July at the Wings of Strength/Tim Gardner NPC Extravaganza, as a middle weight, where I came 4th. My condition was no where near what I wanted it to be, but I did the show nonetheless, and learned a lot, but also realized if I want to make it in this sport, I had a lot to learn and a LOT to work on.

Now I'm taking a long offseason, working on lagging parts, and planning on doing my next show this coming November at the Midwest Iron Man NPC show. I'll try to get up my before/after here soon!

SGT BashBrother
01-23-14, 7:19 pm

I first got into lifting/workout out when I was starting high school, and then Junior year tore my rotator cuff. I got into a depressed state and started getting heavier. Like, a lot heavier. I hit 315lbs at 40+% bodyfat, 5'6" wearing xxl shirts and 40" waist pants.

In 2010 I started attempting to turn things around. Yo-yo'd a lot until 2012, when I finally got serious and got all the way to 168#, and damn I looked scrawny as hell lol. Late fall I started bulking, hit about 210 before I decided to tighten up and wound up doing my first show last July at the Wings of Strength/Tim Gardner NPC Extravaganza, as a middle weight, where I came 4th. My condition was no where near what I wanted it to be, but I did the show nonetheless, and learned a lot, but also realized if I want to make it in this sport, I had a lot to learn and a LOT to work on.

Now I'm taking a long offseason, working on lagging parts, and planning on doing my next show this coming November at the Midwest Iron Man NPC show. I'll try to get up my before/after here soon!

Sounds good man, welcome

JHOORNSTRA
01-24-14, 11:16 am
What up fam! I joined so I can go put in work with some d.c./md/va people dedicated to the iron! I'm active duty Army, stationed at Fort Meade. Bodybuilding/lifting is not a hobby, it is a lifestyle, and it is second only to my wife and daughter. The gym is therapy to me. I can walk in the gym homicidal and leave emotionally rested every time. I treat my workouts just like that, all business. My mentality is less talk, more lift. There's nothing wrong with kickin it with your boy, but don't miss the next set to be bullshitting. Anyway, that's enough ranting for one post. I love this shit! And I love meeting people who take lifting seriously. Bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman, fitness/figure, don't matter, you're all my brothers and sisters in iron. Lift big, eat big, sleep hard. I'm out, peace!

Welcome man, glad to have ya...we appreciate your service.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-24-14, 11:17 am

Glad to see you're back through the ups and downs...welcome.

JHo

Layhoo
01-27-14, 10:47 pm
Hey All,

My name is Charlie and I have been living the gym life for the past two years. I am 6'3 260 at around 23% bf on the way down to 15% through a keto diet. I started training for powerlifting a year ago from December and am at a 1400 total. My main goal is to maintain as much of that as I can/maybe increase while I drop the body fat and then transition to getting back to pushing my total.

Just trying to be the strongest, most conditioned, best me I can and not letting anything stop me from getting there.

JHOORNSTRA
01-27-14, 11:30 pm
Hey All,

My name is Charlie and I have been living the gym life for the past two years. I am 6'3 260 at around 23% bf on the way down to 15% through a keto diet. I started training for powerlifting a year ago from December and am at a 1400 total. My main goal is to maintain as much of that as I can/maybe increase while I drop the body fat and then transition to getting back to pushing my total.

Just trying to be the strongest, most conditioned, best me I can and not letting anything stop me from getting there.

Awesome goals and glad to hear of the commitment. Glad to have ya.

JHo

RGonzo
01-28-14, 1:28 am
Welcome brutha!

Hey All,

connorfelton
01-29-14, 10:37 pm
Hey guys, watz up. So here goes. Got into lifting through sports as a freshman. I got bit by the lifting bug quick. Quick stats are 6'2 310 lbs….currently on my way to 275 cause crap, I'm getting fat. I am 17 years old no longer playing sports strictly working toward being a raw powerlifter. Best bench of 335, best squat of 440 and best deadliest of 455. I understand that my squat/deadlift are not quite ideal for my size but that is one reason I joined here so I can get some advice from the Animals themselves. Lilly, Lilliebridge, Spoto, all the big guys that I look up too. Looking forward to spending all day around the cage at the Arnold this year. Gonna be my first time going. Super stoked. Also wanting to find out more about the ABC event in Columbus the weekend of the arnold. I really want to go to that. Back on track though I am from Indiana just south east of Chi town. can't wait to get to know some of you guys

Zechy68
01-29-14, 11:58 pm
Hello everyone!

My name is Austin and I am from a small town in PA next to Hershey or the "sweetest place on earth." To get down to the basics I am new here and I am pumped to learn from everyone and even be able to help out a bit too! I don't have too extensive of a background but here it goes! I am currently a sophomore at Lock Haven University where I am studying Exercise Physiology. I am currently working at getting my CPT certification from the NSCA and plan on sitting for the CSCS when I graduate at LHU, from there I would like to continue my education to work in Cardiac Rehabilitation. I have really only been lifting seriously for about two years and have been competitively powerlifting for about 6 months. For the past 4 months however I have been battling a bicep tendon strain that has made things extremely interesting as now it currently only gives me pain when I bench. However I have been so fortunate as to be able to pick the brain's of many guys at home and school that has really helped me come along. I currently stand at 5' 10", I weigh 230 lbs, and my lifts as follows: Squat:500, Bench:330, Deadlift:555 giving me a total of 1385 lbs, which I feel is respectable at 19 years old. I just want to be the best I can possibly be, and help others realize their potential to be the best they can be too!

JHOORNSTRA
01-30-14, 5:02 pm
Hey guys, watz up. So here goes. Got into lifting through sports as a freshman. I got bit by the lifting bug quick. Quick stats are 6'2 310 lbs….currently on my way to 275 cause crap, I'm getting fat. I am 17 years old no longer playing sports strictly working toward being a raw powerlifter. Best bench of 335, best squat of 440 and best deadliest of 455. I understand that my squat/deadlift are not quite ideal for my size but that is one reason I joined here so I can get some advice from the Animals themselves. Lilly, Lilliebridge, Spoto, all the big guys that I look up too. Looking forward to spending all day around the cage at the Arnold this year. Gonna be my first time going. Super stoked. Also wanting to find out more about the ABC event in Columbus the weekend of the arnold. I really want to go to that. Back on track though I am from Indiana just south east of Chi town. can't wait to get to know some of you guys

Welcome man, see you at the Arnold.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
01-30-14, 5:03 pm
Hello everyone!

My name is Austin and I am from a small town in PA next to Hershey or the "sweetest place on earth." To get down to the basics I am new here and I am pumped to learn from everyone and even be able to help out a bit too! I don't have too extensive of a background but here it goes! I am currently a sophomore at Lock Haven University where I am studying Exercise Physiology. I am currently working at getting my CPT certification from the NSCA and plan on sitting for the CSCS when I graduate at LHU, from there I would like to continue my education to work in Cardiac Rehabilitation. I have really only been lifting seriously for about two years and have been competitively powerlifting for about 6 months. For the past 4 months however I have been battling a bicep tendon strain that has made things extremely interesting as now it currently only gives me pain when I bench. However I have been so fortunate as to be able to pick the brain's of many guys at home and school that has really helped me come along. I currently stand at 5' 10", I weigh 230 lbs, and my lifts as follows: Squat:500, Bench:330, Deadlift:555 giving me a total of 1385 lbs, which I feel is respectable at 19 years old. I just want to be the best I can possibly be, and help others realize their potential to be the best they can be too!

Welcome man, plenty of brains here to pick.

JHo

Universal Rep
01-30-14, 5:04 pm
Hello everyone!

Aint there an amusement park in hershey?

Nattypower
01-30-14, 7:11 pm
Hi guys, my name is Pete Clarke and am finally introducing myself after meeting everyone at the Arnold Classic 2012 CAGE... I'm a trainer in Edmonton alberta Canada and compete in raw powerlifting and natural bodybuilding...

First off, the animal cage got my attention immediately as I entered the crowded convention center in Columbus... I boldly introduced myself to Grant Higa and soon found all the Animal reps to be the biggest, strongest, most intimidating looking guys in the place, but the friendliest, most humble guys I've met. I couldn't believe they invited me INTO the cage and sat me next to Vinnie Galanti and Sam Byrd! I was on cloud 9 after watching these guys on youtube and livestream powerlifting competitions... while I was in there I witnessed Ben Seath squat some crazy weight and got my photo with everyone... Grant invited me to the ABC event Saturday night and there I had the privilege of training with Ed Coan, Stan Efferding, Richard Hawthorne, Sam Byrd, Scott Cartwright, it was crazy...

I know it might sound weird but that was one of the greatest days of my life and I learned so much from everyone there. Thank you ANIMAL for making this Canadian kid feel at HOME.

My purpose here is to set up a training and nutrition log that may inspire and help others as you guys have helped me.

Currently training for regional IPF powerlifting qualifier May 3 where I hope to break the 105kg class bench press record. With Abs. haha

Will be at THE CAGE Feb 28 and Mar 1 to support the crazy mofos lifting there and cheer on my fiancée Mary who is competing in amateur figure!

Thank you again for all your work reaching out to us ANIMAL represents to me what training is all about.

Pete

JHOORNSTRA
01-30-14, 9:24 pm
Hi guys, my name is Pete Clarke and am finally introducing myself after meeting everyone at the Arnold Classic 2012 CAGE... I'm a trainer in Edmonton alberta Canada and compete in raw powerlifting and natural bodybuilding...

First off, the animal cage got my attention immediately as I entered the crowded convention center in Columbus... I boldly introduced myself to Grant Higa and soon found all the Animal reps to be the biggest, strongest, most intimidating looking guys in the place, but the friendliest, most humble guys I've met. I couldn't believe they invited me INTO the cage and sat me next to Vinnie Galanti and Sam Byrd! I was on cloud 9 after watching these guys on youtube and livestream powerlifting competitions... while I was in there I witnessed Ben Seath squat some crazy weight and got my photo with everyone... Grant invited me to the ABC event Saturday night and there I had the privilege of training with Ed Coan, Stan Efferding, Richard Hawthorne, Sam Byrd, Scott Cartwright, it was crazy...

I know it might sound weird but that was one of the greatest days of my life and I learned so much from everyone there. Thank you ANIMAL for making this Canadian kid feel at HOME.

My purpose here is to set up a training and nutrition log that may inspire and help others as you guys have helped me.

Currently training for regional IPF powerlifting qualifier May 3 where I hope to break the 105kg class bench press record. With Abs. haha

Will be at THE CAGE Feb 28 and Mar 1 to support the crazy mofos lifting there and cheer on my fiancée Mary who is competing in amateur figure!

Thank you again for all your work reaching out to us ANIMAL represents to me what training is all about.

Pete

Welcome man...what number are you looking to bench on the 3rd?

JHo

Keosawa
01-30-14, 9:25 pm

Yes, Hershey Park; I've got some really fond memories of going there as a kid.

Nattypower
01-30-14, 9:41 pm
Welcome man...what number are you looking to bench on the 3rd?

JHo

Thanks J, I need 181 (398) to break the existing record of 180... my best is 185kg in 100% raw at 242 but leaned out and looking to hit new PR's!

JHOORNSTRA
01-30-14, 9:54 pm
Thanks J, I need 181 (398) to break the existing record of 180... my best is 185kg in 100% raw at 242 but leaned out and looking to hit new PR's!

Nice right on...good luck, I compete at 242 also but you're dropping to 220 I take it by the "leaned out" part...good luck either way, sounds like you're on track.

Zechy68
01-30-14, 10:33 pm

You bet there is, it's actually pretty cool, kind of pricey but I also have a lot of friends who are managers there so I usually don't end up spending more then 10$ any time I go.

Zechy68
01-30-14, 10:35 pm
Yes, Hershey Park; I've got some really fond memories of going there as a kid.

It's a pretty huge place now, and they have some really sweet roller coasters now too!

SOMA
02-06-14, 8:01 am
Yo, SOMA here from Spain. Amateur wrestler, being training since I was 13. Now trying to take it to the next level. Hope to learn a lot. Later!

Failsafe
02-06-14, 9:43 am
Yo,

Eric, transplant to Atlanta. Lots of challenges and adversity living outside of the box constantly proved that I had some problems (Both internal and external) and I found solace in the four walls of a gym. I have turned my life around and now I am eager to meet some like minded individuals who are willing to take what they have been blessed with and give it back, turning into something positive.

Animal intrigues me because I feel that their priorities align with my own. Stay humble and give back.

Thanks

Jersey
02-10-14, 12:28 pm
Yo,
I am an Italian-American from New Jersey. I worked in construction since i was 16 my training during those years was really horrible. The advice was just from the "Big Guys" or peoples in the vitamin shops. Joined the Military with a late start, found myself really fallin behind the 19, 20, etc... guys around me. Took this as a challenge so took it serious now im hooked and love it. I try to learn everything i possibly can through "Valid Information" sources from diet, training, and supplementation. The best part i Run Laps around the young guys , talk smack and get them more motivated . When i started this challenge i weight 200 lbs, 17% Bodyfat, benched 115, squat 135 and deadlift barely 115. Now, over three years still around 200 lbs, 10.7% Bodyfat, bench a solid 275, squat 365 and my favs, Raw Deadlifts 425, 2 for 2. I was station in Arizona at Luke AFB, the fitness industry is very popular. Now im getting Deployed to Osan AFB , South Korea for a year or so. Looking FWD to keepin my gains and getting some more.

aclester
02-10-14, 9:44 pm
Yo Bros,

I am Adam and I am 26 years old.. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have been training since I was 16 years old. I have been a fan of Animal Pak since the beginning. I have been going to Arnold Classic since 2004 and have been a huge fan of the CaGe every year since. I look forward to talking to everyone on here and learning new things from bodybuilding to powerlifting.

DiabeticSBD
02-11-14, 11:03 am
What's up gents. DiabeticSBD here. Glad to join the brotherhood! I am a competitive collegiate powerlifter just looking to push as much metal as possible and denounce the stereotype that powerlifters are fatasses. I've been diabetic for 15 years and I give a big F-U to those who say a diabetic can't be strong. I'm an IPF/USAPL lifter currently in the 231# class at 223 BW. I have squatted 600, benched 368, and DL 562 in competition. If there are any diabetics here who have questions or can answer questions about training in our situation PM me. Lift big, eat big.

JHOORNSTRA
02-11-14, 4:18 pm
Yo, SOMA here from Spain. Amateur wrestler, being training since I was 13. Now trying to take it to the next level. Hope to learn a lot. Later!

Welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-11-14, 4:19 pm
Yo,

Eric, transplant to Atlanta. Lots of challenges and adversity living outside of the box constantly proved that I had some problems (Both internal and external) and I found solace in the four walls of a gym. I have turned my life around and now I am eager to meet some like minded individuals who are willing to take what they have been blessed with and give it back, turning into something positive.

Animal intrigues me because I feel that their priorities align with my own. Stay humble and give back.

Thanks

Welcome man, glad the gym got you stronger on all levels.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-11-14, 4:20 pm
Yo,
I am an Italian-American from New Jersey. I worked in construction since i was 16 my training during those years was really horrible. The advice was just from the "Big Guys" or peoples in the vitamin shops. Joined the Military with a late start, found myself really fallin behind the 19, 20, etc... guys around me. Took this as a challenge so took it serious now im hooked and love it. I try to learn everything i possibly can through "Valid Information" sources from diet, training, and supplementation. The best part i Run Laps around the young guys , talk smack and get them more motivated . When i started this challenge i weight 200 lbs, 17% Bodyfat, benched 115, squat 135 and deadlift barely 115. Now, over three years still around 200 lbs, 10.7% Bodyfat, bench a solid 275, squat 365 and my favs, Raw Deadlifts 425, 2 for 2. I was station in Arizona at Luke AFB, the fitness industry is very popular. Now im getting Deployed to Osan AFB , South Korea for a year or so. Looking FWD to keepin my gains and getting some more.

Welcome man, thanks for serving and pushing the younger guys to keep up.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-11-14, 4:21 pm
Yo Bros,

I am Adam and I am 26 years old.. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have been training since I was 16 years old. I have been a fan of Animal Pak since the beginning. I have been going to Arnold Classic since 2004 and have been a huge fan of the CaGe every year since. I look forward to talking to everyone on here and learning new things from bodybuilding to powerlifting.

Glad to have ya and see ya at the cage again.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-11-14, 4:22 pm
What's up gents. DiabeticSBD here. Glad to join the brotherhood! I am a competitive collegiate powerlifter just looking to push as much metal as possible and denounce the stereotype that powerlifters are fatasses. I've been diabetic for 15 years and I give a big F-U to those who say a diabetic can't be strong. I'm an IPF/USAPL lifter currently in the 231# class at 223 BW. I have squatted 600, benched 368, and DL 562 in competition. If there are any diabetics here who have questions or can answer questions about training in our situation PM me. Lift big, eat big.

Welcome man, what school do you go to? I went to FSU and they started one up after I left...few years too late but glad it's there. Glad to have ya.

JHo

m_cuevas
02-11-14, 5:12 pm
Hi you guys, my name is Matthew Cuevas. Started powerlifting around 3yrs ago and unfortunately stopped due to personal vendettas. But kept lifting. After meeting all the Animal guys at RUM7 and talking to a few it definitely sparked a fire to compete again. They were all so polite and down to earth,even the people who worked for animal were great people I intend on competing in the 148class and benching 400 raw and getting a 1500 Or more total by next year. That's a promise. Great to meet you guys!

punkrockcountryboy
02-11-14, 5:49 pm
Hey Fellas!! I am happy to be here. I am a 45 year old lifter. After a nasty work related injury in November 2013 I have decided not to fool around anymore. I look to compete in some RAW meets in 2015. I take this as serious as I take my marriage now. Look forward to learning more and lifting more in the next year. Thanks for having me on the FORVM!!!

jakesimkins
02-11-14, 6:47 pm
Hey i just started i love lifting and eating and thankfully they coincide with one another. Im 20 and what i consider a newb but ill always think my self as that. I prefer to train insane cause once i step in the gym it is all business, and those who dont feel the same dont deserve my time...WORK HARDER

H.Redman
02-12-14, 10:15 am
New member to the forum, however I have been a long time lurker.

My name is Heath, I'm 28 years old from central Ohio. I have been training for the past 10 years with my father. I have had a couple set backs over the last few years, two shoulder reconstructive surgeries, but I am Looking to get into some natural, raw, power lifting meets later this year.

See everyone at the Arnold Classic later this month!

stlee
02-13-14, 2:11 pm
Hey everyone, figured my first post would be an introduction. I'm 25 years old been training for about 3.5 years steady, previously did sports training. In high school I played football and wrestled, and I coached k-12 wrestling after graduation. I was always a little guy, shortest kid in my class through 8th grade, and never weighed more than 150 lbs, after high school i lost 20 lbs and was fed up with being skinny so I started lifting pretty heavy in Afghanistan and was hooked on the iron. I got into power lifting the first time I saw the Cage and ever since my first look at it I've always wanted to attend. I would like to compete by 2015 in at least one show depending on if my knees allow me to keep full strength (have small amount of arthritis in both knees that can hinder my performance). In my free time I am an aspiring entrepreneur, and chef all self taught, and am hoping to start a small barbell club in my hometown of Sioux City, Ia. It's nice to read all the posts here, and hopefully I'll fit in pretty well.

Octupi
02-14-14, 11:47 am
Octupi checking in.

Live in NW Ohio
Training for the last 2 1/2 years
42 yrs old this may
195lbs currently ~13%bf
5'10"

Used to be a college/national level soccer player. Was always in shape, just not big. Now I'm older and sit at a desk all day and realized I hated being out of shape. Got into lifting and it's my drug of choice now. Hate missing a workout, but I travel for work so miss a few now and then but get creative when I travel, just to find that pump.

Always looking for good information and help on training, diet and anything that can help me. Looking forward to contributing where I can, and learning from all of you guys.

BigMario
02-14-14, 1:11 pm
good to see several more florida guys in here. We should try and get something going one weekend.

TheConstant
02-14-14, 7:28 pm
What's up guys,

My name is Justin and I'm 24 years old. I have been training consistently for a little over 5 years now. I'm from the Central Valley in California, the agricultural mecca, if we get water again that is, and I played baseball for 14 years and soccer for 9 years and I am an avid sports fan. Prior to me beginning to train in December of '08, I had gone through a pretty rough patch in life and since I was not playing sports anymore, I had no outlet. I've played guitar since the age of 12, but I needed something more. I needed something that would help alleviate the anger that I had buried away, something that would unleash that caged Animal if you will. My dad used to train and built himself a hell of a physique but suffered some major back injuries due to sports, training, and his work. He passed on his love for the iron down to me and after my first day I was hooked. I was lucky enough to meet and befriend some awesome and experienced dudes at my gym that provided me with useful information, tips, suggestions, etc. One of the very first recommendations that I received was to get Animal Pak. Now, I always try to do my homework when getting suggestions that way I can make an informed decision. When I did this, the thing that stood out to me was just how revered and well respected the Animal brand was. Naturally, I made my way to the Animal website and I remember reading articles on the site and I connected to the Animal way immediately. One article in particular, its titled Fear of Victory to be exact, stood out to me and there's a quote that has been an absolute favorite of mine for some time now, and it says:

"When I walk into a gym, I fear the notion that someone is going to be more focused than me, lift more than me, and train harder than me. This is the reason I train harder. If I looked at the 495 pound bar and I was about ready to start my set, I am saying to myself, 'I can't fail. I am afraid to fail.' I motivate myself through failure. I know that failure will bring about the worst in me. I fear that someone is better than me, thus I make that person fear me."

Man, talk about a natural pre-workout. I read that and was ready to kill the weights then and there. I'm a psychology major and have a Bachelors Degree in that subject. I've always tried to incorporate things I've learned in my schooling and life experiences into my lifting during those times of doubt, second-guessing, and exhaustion. That's why I love reading some articles on the Animal site before lifting. All of the pieces are well done, but I love reading pieces done by P Diesel and Brandon Lilly (get well soon brother, my thoughts and prayers are with you). What I love about Animal is that you see a true Brotherhood. That's a word that's tossed around a lot in the lifting community but so much of that is completely disingenuous and is a total façade. I've lurked around on these forums for a while and received some amazing and helpful information so I'm excited to be on these forums. My goals have changed many times throughout the 5 years that I've trained. I just recently made a lifestyle change about 6 months ago and I've lost 37 lbs while maintaining most of my strength (thank God). Now that I'm living smarter and healthier, I'm going to bust my ass so I see my strength numbers increase once again. I find it awesome how helpful, encouraging, and supporting everyone on this forum is. I hope to be able to add to that and contribute with my posts. Hope you all have a good day brothers.

Jozzy
02-14-14, 8:07 pm
Hey everybody glad to be here, my names Andrew, I'm 19 almost 20, lifting seriously for 2 years and as of 2014 I have decided to become a bodybuilder, I love powerlifting, but bodybuilding got my heart. I grew up in western Ny, primarly in Yorkshire, I go to a gym called the coliseum. What first got me into the game was highschool, I wanted to start lifting so what better place the weight room, it all started with bench press, every buddy was benching 135 on the bar, I saw it so I said hey I can probably do that so as my spotter lifted the bar it came slamming down into my nose, I broke it instantly, the football coach instantly ran over to see if I was ok, he was probably one of the toughest guys I knew so I held in the pain, he began to give me ice and check my nose and see if it was ok, it wasn't to bad he then told me that he was shocked I didn't make a big deal out of it, he said that I had his respect cause I just shook it off and I told him never again will I let that happen and the rest is history.now I'm benching 300. That's pretty much a look into what got me in the game

legacyvet76
02-15-14, 9:40 am
hey fellow iron game bros! my name is jim i am 37 been lifting since age of 13 i was overweight but very strong so i turned to weights lost all my fat and havent looked back since. after being in the navy and hanging around some real hardcore marines, and if you guys know anything about navy and marines we usually dont get along very well so i was proud to be accepted into there brotherhood. i started lifting with the biggest jarhead i could find and he tought me alot! 2 days before my first raw power lift meet i tore my peck tendon and never had it reapaired, i currently bench a decent amount for a guy with one tendon imo. i love bb and powerlifting and i feel both should go hand in hand. take care bros and look fwd to talkin!

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:02 pm
Hi you guys, my name is Matthew Cuevas. Started powerlifting around 3yrs ago and unfortunately stopped due to personal vendettas. But kept lifting. After meeting all the Animal guys at RUM7 and talking to a few it definitely sparked a fire to compete again. They were all so polite and down to earth,even the people who worked for animal were great people I intend on competing in the 148class and benching 400 raw and getting a 1500 Or more total by next year. That's a promise. Great to meet you guys!

Hey, welcome...there are a good group of guys here...it's a brotherhood for sure.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:03 pm
Hey Fellas!! I am happy to be here. I am a 45 year old lifter. After a nasty work related injury in November 2013 I have decided not to fool around anymore. I look to compete in some RAW meets in 2015. I take this as serious as I take my marriage now. Look forward to learning more and lifting more in the next year. Thanks for having me on the FORVM!!!

Welcome, hope the injury wasn't too bad, good luck in 2015 with the shows.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:03 pm
Hey i just started i love lifting and eating and thankfully they coincide with one another. Im 20 and what i consider a newb but ill always think my self as that. I prefer to train insane cause once i step in the gym it is all business, and those who dont feel the same dont deserve my time...WORK HARDER

Right on man, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:04 pm
New member to the forum, however I have been a long time lurker.

My name is Heath, I'm 28 years old from central Ohio. I have been training for the past 10 years with my father. I have had a couple set backs over the last few years, two shoulder reconstructive surgeries, but I am Looking to get into some natural, raw, power lifting meets later this year.

See everyone at the Arnold Classic later this month!

Hey man, you're in the right place. Glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:05 pm
Hey everyone, figured my first post would be an introduction. I'm 25 years old been training for about 3.5 years steady, previously did sports training. In high school I played football and wrestled, and I coached k-12 wrestling after graduation. I was always a little guy, shortest kid in my class through 8th grade, and never weighed more than 150 lbs, after high school i lost 20 lbs and was fed up with being skinny so I started lifting pretty heavy in Afghanistan and was hooked on the iron. I got into power lifting the first time I saw the Cage and ever since my first look at it I've always wanted to attend. I would like to compete by 2015 in at least one show depending on if my knees allow me to keep full strength (have small amount of arthritis in both knees that can hinder my performance). In my free time I am an aspiring entrepreneur, and chef all self taught, and am hoping to start a small barbell club in my hometown of Sioux City, Ia. It's nice to read all the posts here, and hopefully I'll fit in pretty well.

Right on man, glad to have ya...the cage is definitely motivating.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:06 pm
Octupi checking in.

Live in NW Ohio
Training for the last 2 1/2 years
42 yrs old this may
195lbs currently ~13%bf
5'10"

Used to be a college/national level soccer player. Was always in shape, just not big. Now I'm older and sit at a desk all day and realized I hated being out of shape. Got into lifting and it's my drug of choice now. Hate missing a workout, but I travel for work so miss a few now and then but get creative when I travel, just to find that pump.

Always looking for good information and help on training, diet and anything that can help me. Looking forward to contributing where I can, and learning from all of you guys.

Plenty of creative knowledge here, welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:09 pm
What's up guys,

My name is Justin and I'm 24 years old. I have been training consistently for a little over 5 years now. I'm from the Central Valley in California, the agricultural mecca, if we get water again that is, and I played baseball for 14 years and soccer for 9 years and I am an avid sports fan. Prior to me beginning to train in December of '08, I had gone through a pretty rough patch in life and since I was not playing sports anymore, I had no outlet. I've played guitar since the age of 12, but I needed something more. I needed something that would help alleviate the anger that I had buried away, something that would unleash that caged Animal if you will. My dad used to train and built himself a hell of a physique but suffered some major back injuries due to sports, training, and his work. He passed on his love for the iron down to me and after my first day I was hooked. I was lucky enough to meet and befriend some awesome and experienced dudes at my gym that provided me with useful information, tips, suggestions, etc. One of the very first recommendations that I received was to get Animal Pak. Now, I always try to do my homework when getting suggestions that way I can make an informed decision. When I did this, the thing that stood out to me was just how revered and well respected the Animal brand was. Naturally, I made my way to the Animal website and I remember reading articles on the site and I connected to the Animal way immediately. One article in particular, its titled Fear of Victory to be exact, stood out to me and there's a quote that has been an absolute favorite of mine for some time now, and it says:

"When I walk into a gym, I fear the notion that someone is going to be more focused than me, lift more than me, and train harder than me. This is the reason I train harder. If I looked at the 495 pound bar and I was about ready to start my set, I am saying to myself, 'I can't fail. I am afraid to fail.' I motivate myself through failure. I know that failure will bring about the worst in me. I fear that someone is better than me, thus I make that person fear me."

Man, talk about a natural pre-workout. I read that and was ready to kill the weights then and there. I'm a psychology major and have a Bachelors Degree in that subject. I've always tried to incorporate things I've learned in my schooling and life experiences into my lifting during those times of doubt, second-guessing, and exhaustion. That's why I love reading some articles on the Animal site before lifting. All of the pieces are well done, but I love reading pieces done by P Diesel and Brandon Lilly (get well soon brother, my thoughts and prayers are with you). What I love about Animal is that you see a true Brotherhood. That's a word that's tossed around a lot in the lifting community but so much of that is completely disingenuous and is a total façade. I've lurked around on these forums for a while and received some amazing and helpful information so I'm excited to be on these forums. My goals have changed many times throughout the 5 years that I've trained. I just recently made a lifestyle change about 6 months ago and I've lost 37 lbs while maintaining most of my strength (thank God). Now that I'm living smarter and healthier, I'm going to bust my ass so I see my strength numbers increase once again. I find it awesome how helpful, encouraging, and supporting everyone on this forum is. I hope to be able to add to that and contribute with my posts. Hope you all have a good day brothers.

Welcome man, was a motivating quote, definitely quite a few writers here with some great intellect on the subject.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:10 pm
Hey everybody glad to be here, my names Andrew, I'm 19 almost 20, lifting seriously for 2 years and as of 2014 I have decided to become a bodybuilder, I love powerlifting, but bodybuilding got my heart. I grew up in western Ny, primarly in Yorkshire, I go to a gym called the coliseum. What first got me into the game was highschool, I wanted to start lifting so what better place the weight room, it all started with bench press, every buddy was benching 135 on the bar, I saw it so I said hey I can probably do that so as my spotter lifted the bar it came slamming down into my nose, I broke it instantly, the football coach instantly ran over to see if I was ok, he was probably one of the toughest guys I knew so I held in the pain, he began to give me ice and check my nose and see if it was ok, it wasn't to bad he then told me that he was shocked I didn't make a big deal out of it, he said that I had his respect cause I just shook it off and I told him never again will I let that happen and the rest is history.now I'm benching 300. That's pretty much a look into what got me in the game

Nice man...glad that a broken nose left a lasting impression on you in a good way...glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-17-14, 4:12 pm
hey fellow iron game bros! my name is jim i am 37 been lifting since age of 13 i was overweight but very strong so i turned to weights lost all my fat and havent looked back since. after being in the navy and hanging around some real hardcore marines, and if you guys know anything about navy and marines we usually dont get along very well so i was proud to be accepted into there brotherhood. i started lifting with the biggest jarhead i could find and he tought me alot! 2 days before my first raw power lift meet i tore my peck tendon and never had it reapaired, i currently bench a decent amount for a guy with one tendon imo. i love bb and powerlifting and i feel both should go hand in hand. take care bros and look fwd to talkin!

Welcome man, sorry to hear about the chest. That's unfortunately part of it and you're right, they do go hand in hand...size begets strength, strength begets size. Glad to have you.

JHo

slicer
02-18-14, 12:45 pm
Hiya All. My name is Stephen and I just wanted to drop a line to you all to introduce myself. I am 31 from NC, married with 2 kids. Was a wrestler all through High School then got out and kinda let myself go a bit. I decided 5 years ago to start with Brazilian JiuJitsu to get back into the swing of things but was only able to do that for 2 years when my son was born and we couldn't afford for me to be driving back and forth for JiuJitsu. About 5 months ago when my son was sick I had a bit of a wakeup call to start getting myself back into shape. He had a high fever so I was standing with him in the shower trying to cool him down a bit and after standing still with him in my arms for prolly 20 minutes my back was killing me. That right there lit a fire under me to get into the gym. Once I started I have started to really get the iron addiction so to say. After 4 months of doing I guess typical BB splits I decided I wanted to see what it would be like to lift some heavy ass weights. LOL I love moving that heavy weight and really has made change how I lift. I have now started doing a Wendler 5/3/1 UL split. Now though my biggest area is trying to figure out how to get my diet in check having a Wife and 2 kids that do not care to eat that clean. Oh well I guess thats what the weight game is all about THE JOURNEY. Hoping to be able to get things going to meet some chill people here on the forums and always extremely open to opinions and advice. Thanks for having me here.

Brother
02-19-14, 9:50 pm
How's it going brothers, 6'2 193lbs, Just another guy out here trying his best to get bigger and better. Been lifting for a good couple of years now with more then my fair share of injuries and setbacks. Nothing special just doing what I love day in day out, focused on the goal thats it

Peace
S

alphafitness
02-19-14, 11:14 pm
I'm entering into my 27th year of powerlifting. It all began as a young punk in the US Army. As fate or destiny would have it I walked into the weight room of Steve Goggins. My current coach/mentor/inspiration and friend. I won several meets in Texas under his coaching. Leaving the Army after training with Steve 605 squat 405 bench 551 DL at 181
Returning home to Ohio I walked into the gym dominated by a larger than life character named Dave Tate. I continued to increase in size and totals at 198. 720 squat 434 bench 585 DL. I won several Ohio State Powerlifting championships and then came injuries. I took several years off competing in powerlifting to body build and did and won several local and State level shows.
Now I am a gym owner/certified strength coach. High school football strength coach. Wrestling strength coach. Girls athletic trainer. My wife and I own Alpha Fitness in Ohio. My 17yr old son just totaled 1255 @155. I had 8 High school lifter all finish top 3 in our Regional meet.
I am preparing for USPA Midwest Regionals May 3rd @198/46 yrs old.
I train hard and expect anyone who uses our facility to bring it every session.
I'm passionate about lifting at every level. And love to learn from the best

PHLDENpuller
02-20-14, 9:53 pm
Most of my info can be found by reading my signature. My goals are bench and arm wrestling....I an new to the Forvm and will mainly hang out in the powerlifting training sections.

kevdawg
02-20-14, 11:13 pm
Hey, everyone!

My name is Kevin. I'm 25 and from NJ. I've been lifting since early 2007, trained Brazilian JiuJitsu for five years and attained the rank of Purple Belt. I'm an engineer with Johnson and Johnson and a perpetual grad student. I currently train at CrossFit 908 in Berkeley Heights, NJ. My lifts:

525 Deadlift
405 Squat
350 Front Squat
200 Press
and my Bench is somewhere in the high 200s.

I've been a fan of the Pak for the last few years, but I haven't used any product! I got to watch some lifts at the Cage last year and was blown away at the 500-for-reps vid on YouTube a few years back. I've pulled 505 for an easy three before, and I think with the Cage's atmosphere I could someday clear 8-10.

I look forward to checking you guys out again this year. I'll bring my belt and knee sleeves to Ohio with me just in case!

Kevin

nickstrm
02-21-14, 3:08 am
Hi,

I'm Nick Storm, and I live in South Africa in a town called Klerksdorp, and I'm 25 year old and 6 feet tall weighing 116 kg.

I started working out in August 2012 and I weighed 165 kg (363.76 pounds) and today my weight is 116 kg (260 pounds) still a lot of flat to get rid of, but the muscle mass got big and a lot!

I fell in love with working out! I've always loved the Animal supplements and the athletes of Animal, because they are big and some of the strongest and biggest in the world!!

I started with power lifting on 18 Feb 2014 and well in love with it, I only do it privately at the moment, but I want to join a club and compete in meet's!!!

My current stats is:
Deadlift - 140 kg (308 pounds) for 10 reps.
Squat - 120 kg (264 pounds) for 8 reps. I had a knee surgery a few years ago, so I'm taking it slow with the squats.
Bench - 120 kg (264 pounds) for 6 reps. I always had a weak chest, but I have to say when I started working out I could not bench 30 kg (66 pounds), so there is improvement.

JHOORNSTRA
02-23-14, 3:36 pm
Hiya All. My name is Stephen and I just wanted to drop a line to you all to introduce myself. I am 31 from NC, married with 2 kids. Was a wrestler all through High School then got out and kinda let myself go a bit. I decided 5 years ago to start with Brazilian JiuJitsu to get back into the swing of things but was only able to do that for 2 years when my son was born and we couldn't afford for me to be driving back and forth for JiuJitsu. About 5 months ago when my son was sick I had a bit of a wakeup call to start getting myself back into shape. He had a high fever so I was standing with him in the shower trying to cool him down a bit and after standing still with him in my arms for prolly 20 minutes my back was killing me. That right there lit a fire under me to get into the gym. Once I started I have started to really get the iron addiction so to say. After 4 months of doing I guess typical BB splits I decided I wanted to see what it would be like to lift some heavy ass weights. LOL I love moving that heavy weight and really has made change how I lift. I have now started doing a Wendler 5/3/1 UL split. Now though my biggest area is trying to figure out how to get my diet in check having a Wife and 2 kids that do not care to eat that clean. Oh well I guess thats what the weight game is all about THE JOURNEY. Hoping to be able to get things going to meet some chill people here on the forums and always extremely open to opinions and advice. Thanks for having me here.

Welcome man, I have two kids myself, so I completely feel ya on doing anything for them including improving yourself. Glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-23-14, 3:36 pm
How's it going brothers, 6'2 193lbs, Just another guy out here trying his best to get bigger and better. Been lifting for a good couple of years now with more then my fair share of injuries and setbacks. Nothing special just doing what I love day in day out, focused on the goal thats it

Peace
S

Welcome man, glad you're here.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-23-14, 3:37 pm
I'm entering into my 27th year of powerlifting. It all began as a young punk in the US Army. As fate or destiny would have it I walked into the weight room of Steve Goggins. My current coach/mentor/inspiration and friend. I won several meets in Texas under his coaching. Leaving the Army after training with Steve 605 squat 405 bench 551 DL at 181
Returning home to Ohio I walked into the gym dominated by a larger than life character named Dave Tate. I continued to increase in size and totals at 198. 720 squat 434 bench 585 DL. I won several Ohio State Powerlifting championships and then came injuries. I took several years off competing in powerlifting to body build and did and won several local and State level shows.
Now I am a gym owner/certified strength coach. High school football strength coach. Wrestling strength coach. Girls athletic trainer. My wife and I own Alpha Fitness in Ohio. My 17yr old son just totaled 1255 @155. I had 8 High school lifter all finish top 3 in our Regional meet.
I am preparing for USPA Midwest Regionals May 3rd @198/46 yrs old.
I train hard and expect anyone who uses our facility to bring it every session.
I'm passionate about lifting at every level. And love to learn from the best

Awesome story man, glad it has shaped your life. Congrats.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-23-14, 3:38 pm
Most of my info can be found by reading my signature. My goals are bench and arm wrestling....I an new to the Forvm and will mainly hang out in the powerlifting training sections.

Welcome to the board man.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-23-14, 3:39 pm
Hey, everyone!

My name is Kevin. I'm 25 and from NJ. I've been lifting since early 2007, trained Brazilian JiuJitsu for five years and attained the rank of Purple Belt. I'm an engineer with Johnson and Johnson and a perpetual grad student. I currently train at CrossFit 908 in Berkeley Heights, NJ. My lifts:

525 Deadlift
405 Squat
350 Front Squat
200 Press
and my Bench is somewhere in the high 200s.

I've been a fan of the Pak for the last few years, but I haven't used any product! I got to watch some lifts at the Cage last year and was blown away at the 500-for-reps vid on YouTube a few years back. I've pulled 505 for an easy three before, and I think with the Cage's atmosphere I could someday clear 8-10.

I look forward to checking you guys out again this year. I'll bring my belt and knee sleeves to Ohio with me just in case!

Kevin

Welcome man, we'll see you at the cage this year.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
02-23-14, 3:40 pm
Hi,

I'm Nick Storm, and I live in South Africa in a town called Klerksdorp, and I'm 25 year old and 6 feet tall weighing 116 kg.

I started working out in August 2012 and I weighed 165 kg (363.76 pounds) and today my weight is 116 kg (260 pounds) still a lot of flat to get rid of, but the muscle mass got big and a lot!

I fell in love with working out! I've always loved the Animal supplements and the athletes of Animal, because they are big and some of the strongest and biggest in the world!!

I started with power lifting on 18 Feb 2014 and well in love with it, I only do it privately at the moment, but I want to join a club and compete in meet's!!!

My current stats is:
Deadlift - 140 kg (308 pounds) for 10 reps.
Squat - 120 kg (264 pounds) for 8 reps. I had a knee surgery a few years ago, so I'm taking it slow with the squats.
Bench - 120 kg (264 pounds) for 6 reps. I always had a weak chest, but I have to say when I started working out I could not bench 30 kg (66 pounds), so there is improvement.

Welcome, hope you find a solid gym soon...you'll love it.

JHo

Aziz the great
02-25-14, 9:50 pm
Greetings and salutations to all my fellow beasts. I am here today to let u all know my reason(s) for becoming a member, what motivates me, and my overall goal as an athlete. First off I am a 17 year old living in Santa Cruz county Ca. I started working out at the age of 12 after meeting my mothers side of the family and seeing that they're all buff beasts and ever since then wanted to be just like them.fast forward 5 years and here I am in my garage with an ez bar and a set if dumbbells. I workout almost everyday and very serious about gaining size and strength. Lately I've been doing a penitentiary style workout and it's going not bad although I do have some issues with it . My motivation stems from Bering the best I can ever be on a day to day basis in the lifting world. None the less this site(forum) is so far the best and most dedicated but also serious forum I've ever come across and this is were I'm going to be spending most of my time looking for advice and guidance in my journey. I want to thank you all for being the best athletes in the Milky Way universe . More power to you all

nickstrm
02-26-14, 3:23 am
Welcome, hope you find a solid gym soon...you'll love it.

JHo

Thank you very much!! The Forum is awesome!!!!

JHOORNSTRA
02-26-14, 2:01 pm
Greetings and salutations to all my fellow beasts. I am here today to let u all know my reason(s) for becoming a member, what motivates me, and my overall goal as an athlete. First off I am a 17 year old living in Santa Cruz county Ca. I started working out at the age of 12 after meeting my mothers side of the family and seeing that they're all buff beasts and ever since then wanted to be just like them.fast forward 5 years and here I am in my garage with an ez bar and a set if dumbbells. I workout almost everyday and very serious about gaining size and strength. Lately I've been doing a penitentiary style workout and it's going not bad although I do have some issues with it . My motivation stems from Bering the best I can ever be on a day to day basis in the lifting world. None the less this site(forum) is so far the best and most dedicated but also serious forum I've ever come across and this is were I'm going to be spending most of my time looking for advice and guidance in my journey. I want to thank you all for being the best athletes in the Milky Way universe . More power to you all

Very cool man, glad to have ya here.

JHo

Ech
02-27-14, 6:17 pm
Sup fellas, Im Ech 5'11 weighing about 255 right now. I live right outside of Chicago and working every day to get bigger and stronger.

JBaron
03-04-14, 2:02 pm
Hey guys, I'm a 19 year old from Cleveland, OH. I've been training seriously for about a year after several years hating the weights. I love the Animal atmosphere and seeing the Cage this year has fired me up to get better more than anything I've ever experienced. I joined the FORVM because I wanna be the strongest powerlifter I can possibly be, and more importantly, learn more about the iron game so I can one day teach and coach others so that they can learn to love this sport like I do.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

DJ Buk
03-04-14, 4:01 pm
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the chance to get involved with the community. I am 5 years in the Air Force as an Air Transportation Journeyman and I am loving it. I started into Powerlifting about 4 years ago and on and off with bodybuilding and PL with little discipline to diet and routine. I recently attended the 1000 lb club competition out where in deployed in Afghanistan right now and made it in with Bench - 250 Squat - 315 Deadlift - 455. I am really wanting to buckle down on my powerlifting and start going to some competitions when I get back to the states. I JUST tonight maxed my bench at 315 and I know I can push my body further and I plan on doing so. With help from everyones knowledge on here I hope I can really start to wow myself.

Cheers

zasker
03-04-14, 5:24 pm
Alright guys just thought I'd say hi,

I'm Nathan in the rainy, mostly flooded UK, haha. I started taking animal stuff earlier this year and this is the stuff out of everything I've took is pale in comparison to this gear.

Also my goal is to get big, I mean real big. I don't know how big that is but when I'm there I'll know.

cagallucci
03-04-14, 7:17 pm
Hey there MAniminals -- I'm a soon to be Army vet with 12 years lifting experience and multiple degrees in Health Science. I used to be a NASM trainer and currently am working on formulating a business plan to open up my own gym down in Florida. I never considered competing in either bodybuilding or powerlifting until the past year or so. I guess I may as well do something with it since it's my life anyway. I lost a lot of weight in the Army, but have been packing back on the size and strength as of late, currently sitting at 6'4" 260lbs at about 10% bf. I hope to learn more about powerlifting through the FORVM and I hope I can bring some good knowledge to the table in return.

Fiumara
03-05-14, 12:12 am
Hi everyone my name is Spencer Fiumara I'm from Punxsutawney Pennsylvania (home of the Groundhog) and I'm an exercise science student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I'm currently working on my bachelors of science and hoping to further my education and go into graduate school. Whenever I was in high school I was active in sports and every time we went into the gym to lift weights I never really wanted to leave. I ended up falling in love with the weights and pulling away from the whole "sports" theme. I started my journey at 150lbs soak n' wet and now I'm currently sitting pretty at 204.4lbs looking to get on stage. I always told myself whenever I get into the 200lb mark I would compete so here I am and the time is now. Bodybuilding has become a big asset of my life and I've completely surrounded myself with it via friends, family, social networks, etc... After attending the National ABC event this past Saturday at Metro Fitness it made me want to become apart of this brotherhood more than I already have been. I will let this introduction become a new chapter in my life and I will continue to spread the word of "Animal" through and through.

UDlaw15
03-06-14, 11:58 am
Hey guys, I'm a college student from a farm town in Ohio. I have used Pak for many years while an athlete and decided to join up on the forum. I had the opportunity to bench in the cage this past weekend at the Arnold and had a good time. I look forward to continuing my lifting journey and contributing to this forum.

udlaw15

PushPull
03-06-14, 12:39 pm
What drives me to train or better to do what I do? At first my Age. I am 49 and next year the magic 50 is coming. I did all kind of sport since I was 15. The last years mainly bicycle road racing. Meanwhile the situation has changed due to high workload in my job which means a lot more stress. The physical apperance degraded over the last 5 years more and more. Last sommer I decided to stop that and started to train in a gym again after 15 years of abstinence. The progress for me is ingredible and what I have achieved during the last six month I have not expected. The research in the net how to train and what real professionals do brought me to the Animalpak homepage. The informations are highly valuable for me and the appearance of Animalpak.com meets exactly my taste. Looking forward for more interesting things to come.

P.S. Believe it or not but this here is my very first statement in a forum ever.

optimusgonzo
03-06-14, 3:41 pm
I'm Gonzo, just got into lifting about a year ago. I was out for about 2 months with a hernia. got it fixed and im just getting back into the swing of things. I spent my time off looking up ways to improve myself while im in the gym and that's how I came across Animal. I'm on my first Pak, along with the Animal Stak. I already feel a huge difference the way I train now compared to the way I did before I was injured. Im still fairly new to this lifestyle and I have a lot of questions ill be trying to find guidance on here in the Forvm.

Robert Kidwell
03-06-14, 4:44 pm
New on the scene but not to the game! Power Lifting is my sport for about 6yrs now, competing is awesome. I am 36 and a Marine Vet have been lifting for 21 years and I reside in Circleville, Ohio. I weigh in at 242 lift Raw Classic. Glad to be a part of the Forum looking forward to everything to come!

sandhog
03-06-14, 7:11 pm
I'm from New York I'm a NYC sandhog, digging tunnels is my life. I lifted for about 10 years and had to stop do to an on the job injury. Now 2 years after recovering I have reinvented my goals and drive to beat up some iron. I'm always looking for new advice and challenges. This looks like the right place, thank you for letting me be apart of this group. Hopefully I have enough to contribute, because I plan to pick a lot of brains to meet unimaginable goals.

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:40 am
Sup fellas, Im Ech 5'11 weighing about 255 right now. I live right outside of Chicago and working every day to get bigger and stronger.

Welcome man, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:41 am
Hey guys, I'm a 19 year old from Cleveland, OH. I've been training seriously for about a year after several years hating the weights. I love the Animal atmosphere and seeing the Cage this year has fired me up to get better more than anything I've ever experienced. I joined the FORVM because I wanna be the strongest powerlifter I can possibly be, and more importantly, learn more about the iron game so I can one day teach and coach others so that they can learn to love this sport like I do.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome, glad you made it to the cage.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:42 am
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the chance to get involved with the community. I am 5 years in the Air Force as an Air Transportation Journeyman and I am loving it. I started into Powerlifting about 4 years ago and on and off with bodybuilding and PL with little discipline to diet and routine. I recently attended the 1000 lb club competition out where in deployed in Afghanistan right now and made it in with Bench - 250 Squat - 315 Deadlift - 455. I am really wanting to buckle down on my powerlifting and start going to some competitions when I get back to the states. I JUST tonight maxed my bench at 315 and I know I can push my body further and I plan on doing so. With help from everyones knowledge on here I hope I can really start to wow myself.

Cheers

Welcome man, good luck in your competition...keep us posted.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:43 am
Alright guys just thought I'd say hi,

I'm Nathan in the rainy, mostly flooded UK, haha. I started taking animal stuff earlier this year and this is the stuff out of everything I've took is pale in comparison to this gear.

Also my goal is to get big, I mean real big. I don't know how big that is but when I'm there I'll know.

Welcome man, you're in the right place.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:44 am
Hey there MAniminals -- I'm a soon to be Army vet with 12 years lifting experience and multiple degrees in Health Science. I used to be a NASM trainer and currently am working on formulating a business plan to open up my own gym down in Florida. I never considered competing in either bodybuilding or powerlifting until the past year or so. I guess I may as well do something with it since it's my life anyway. I lost a lot of weight in the Army, but have been packing back on the size and strength as of late, currently sitting at 6'4" 260lbs at about 10% bf. I hope to learn more about powerlifting through the FORVM and I hope I can bring some good knowledge to the table in return.

Welcome, glad you're here...where in FL?

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:45 am
Hi everyone my name is Spencer Fiumara I'm from Punxsutawney Pennsylvania (home of the Groundhog) and I'm an exercise science student at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I'm currently working on my bachelors of science and hoping to further my education and go into graduate school. Whenever I was in high school I was active in sports and every time we went into the gym to lift weights I never really wanted to leave. I ended up falling in love with the weights and pulling away from the whole "sports" theme. I started my journey at 150lbs soak n' wet and now I'm currently sitting pretty at 204.4lbs looking to get on stage. I always told myself whenever I get into the 200lb mark I would compete so here I am and the time is now. Bodybuilding has become a big asset of my life and I've completely surrounded myself with it via friends, family, social networks, etc... After attending the National ABC event this past Saturday at Metro Fitness it made me want to become apart of this brotherhood more than I already have been. I will let this introduction become a new chapter in my life and I will continue to spread the word of "Animal" through and through.

Nice man, glad you made it to the ABC.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:46 am
Hey guys, I'm a college student from a farm town in Ohio. I have used Pak for many years while an athlete and decided to join up on the forum. I had the opportunity to bench in the cage this past weekend at the Arnold and had a good time. I look forward to continuing my lifting journey and contributing to this forum.

udlaw15

Glad you made it...who spotted you in the cage? What'd you end up getting?

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:47 am
What drives me to train or better to do what I do? At first my Age. I am 49 and next year the magic 50 is coming. I did all kind of sport since I was 15. The last years mainly bicycle road racing. Meanwhile the situation has changed due to high workload in my job which means a lot more stress. The physical apperance degraded over the last 5 years more and more. Last sommer I decided to stop that and started to train in a gym again after 15 years of abstinence. The progress for me is ingredible and what I have achieved during the last six month I have not expected. The research in the net how to train and what real professionals do brought me to the Animalpak homepage. The informations are highly valuable for me and the appearance of Animalpak.com meets exactly my taste. Looking forward for more interesting things to come.

P.S. Believe it or not but this here is my very first statement in a forum ever.

Glad you're posting...congrats on the progress so far.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:48 am
I'm Gonzo, just got into lifting about a year ago. I was out for about 2 months with a hernia. got it fixed and im just getting back into the swing of things. I spent my time off looking up ways to improve myself while im in the gym and that's how I came across Animal. I'm on my first Pak, along with the Animal Stak. I already feel a huge difference the way I train now compared to the way I did before I was injured. Im still fairly new to this lifestyle and I have a lot of questions ill be trying to find guidance on here in the Forvm.

Plenty of guidance here man...welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:48 am
New on the scene but not to the game! Power Lifting is my sport for about 6yrs now, competing is awesome. I am 36 and a Marine Vet have been lifting for 21 years and I reside in Circleville, Ohio. I weigh in at 242 lift Raw Classic. Glad to be a part of the Forum looking forward to everything to come!

Glad to have ya...good weight class to compete in...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-07-14, 10:49 am
I'm from New York I'm a NYC sandhog, digging tunnels is my life. I lifted for about 10 years and had to stop do to an on the job injury. Now 2 years after recovering I have reinvented my goals and drive to beat up some iron. I'm always looking for new advice and challenges. This looks like the right place, thank you for letting me be apart of this group. Hopefully I have enough to contribute, because I plan to pick a lot of brains to meet unimaginable goals.

Glad you made it...plenty of brains to pick. Welcome.

JHo

Robert Kidwell
03-10-14, 10:29 pm
Glad to have ya...good weight class to compete in...

JHo

Seen ya in the cage at the Arnold so I can put a face to the name! Thanks for the welcoming bro, still trying to figure out posting on here and navigating through the page and threads and so on. Have a good one!

Big chad96
03-11-14, 9:15 am

Hey I'm chad & I live in Florida. Just trying to inspire others in the same way your brotherhood inspired me. I hope I can lift with you when I'm old enough to one day

The Red Line
03-11-14, 4:06 pm
How are you gents? I'm Joe, living up here in the arctic of Massachusetts. I'm 6'2, 187lbs. I'm a lacrosse and football player always looking to improve. I'm coming back from an SI joint injury and have re-established my maxes.
DL-395lbs
Squat-315
Bench-265
Those'll all be going up soon enough though. I'm glad to be part of this group of exceptional lifters and hope to compete after lacrosse season is over. I run off of animal and universal products.
Stay strong.

AJ Roberts
03-11-14, 7:38 pm
Hey everyone AJ Roberts here...

Some of you may know me (most probably not lol).

Was texting with Brandon Lilly and he said I should join the community. Always been a HUGE Animal fan and happy to be here.

My background is a Powerlifter - I trained at Westside Barbell for a number of years, broke the All-Time total record at 308lbs twice and then March 2012 walked away from the sport with best equipped lifts of 1205 squat, 910 bench and a 815 deadlift.

I was walking around at 320lbs and my health was heading in the wrong direction fast.

Long story short - this Sat (March 15th) I'll be stepping on stage for my first bodybuilding show. Should be able 215lbs.

Anyway happy to be here and I hope I can be an asset to the community and share as much as I can.

rshelton242
03-11-14, 10:26 pm

Was texting with Brandon Lilly and he said I should join the community. Always been a HUGE Animal fan and happy to be here.

My background is a Powerlifter - I trained at Westside Barbell for a number of years, broke the All-Time total record at 308lbs twice and then March 2012 walked away from the sport with best equipped lifts of 1205 squat, 910 bench and a 815 deadlift.

I was walking around at 320lbs and my health was heading in the wrong direction fast.

Long story short - this Sat (March 15th) I'll be stepping on stage for my first bodybuilding show. Should be able 215lbs.

Anyway happy to be here and I hope I can be an asset to the community and share as much as I can.

Welcome to animal forum AJ. Seen pictures of you before and after in Lilly's Instagram. Looking jacked man!!! Always good to have another guy that's been there and done it to learn from.

Good luck at your show man!!!

AJ Roberts
03-11-14, 10:36 pm
Welcome to animal forum AJ. Seen pictures of you before and after in Lilly's Instagram. Looking jacked man!!! Always good to have another guy that's been there and done it to learn from.

Good luck at your show man!!!

Thanks - appreciate the kind words.

JHOORNSTRA
03-13-14, 1:57 pm
Hey I'm chad & I live in Florida. Just trying to inspire others in the same way your brotherhood inspired me. I hope I can lift with you when I'm old enough to one day

Welcome man

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-13-14, 1:58 pm
How are you gents? I'm Joe, living up here in the arctic of Massachusetts. I'm 6'2, 187lbs. I'm a lacrosse and football player always looking to improve. I'm coming back from an SI joint injury and have re-established my maxes.
DL-395lbs
Squat-315
Bench-265
Those'll all be going up soon enough though. I'm glad to be part of this group of exceptional lifters and hope to compete after lacrosse season is over. I run off of animal and universal products.
Stay strong.

Welcome, glad to have ya here.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-13-14, 1:59 pm

Welcome man, good luck at your show.

JHo

g.lloyd2001
03-13-14, 8:23 pm
hey brothers, I'm g.lloyd from arkansas. I'm just basically getting started again after going through a nasty divorce. after depression and eating like a house, I got up to about 295, and now I'm back down to 265. I decided that I needed to change when I was getting out of breath tying my shoes. my goal is to hopefully be able to compete in a show sometime in 2015. I'm looking forward to this journey and hopefully I can learn more and more, and possibly help someone else along the way.

JHOORNSTRA
03-13-14, 9:14 pm
hey brothers, I'm g.lloyd from arkansas. I'm just basically getting started again after going through a nasty divorce. after depression and eating like a house, I got up to about 295, and now I'm back down to 265. I decided that I needed to change when I was getting out of breath tying my shoes. my goal is to hopefully be able to compete in a show sometime in 2015. I'm looking forward to this journey and hopefully I can learn more and more, and possibly help someone else along the way.

Sorry to hear about the struggle, glad you're on track and looking for change. Good luck and glad you made it here.

JHo

g.lloyd2001
03-14-14, 2:28 am
Sorry to hear about the struggle, glad you're on track and looking for change. Good luck and glad you made it here.

JHo

it's all good. we live, we learn. now on to change and back to the iron family.

ArnelTan
03-17-14, 12:39 pm

whats up guys, name is Arnel from Chicago Il.. just recently got back into the lifting scene after undergoing an open heart procedure this past December literally a week before the holidays. Recently joined the forum to get tips and possibly advice from fellow lifters when in need and I'll share my tips and hopefully my advice will help to all you guys

Peace

Cronus
03-18-14, 1:20 am
Greetings everyone
Although i'm a new guy here in the Animal forvm - i'm a regular on the Universal forum.
Figure I browse around here and see what killer topics, tales, training programs and heavy lifters I can network with. Not to mention a better opportunity to communicate directly with the big dogs pushing some serious numbers on bench, squat, DL
I can always use some solid tips from the pros themselves.
Up the Irons!

Shaggy6386
03-18-14, 7:36 pm
Good evening guys.

My name is Adam. I'm currently around 180-182 lbs at 6'4". Still kind of skinny, but actually 10 lbs heavier since diving back into serious lifting a year ago. My first go-around I was rather naive, especially on the nutrition front meaning that there wasn't as much emphasis on actual diet and expected supplementation to be the focus. But I've learned that things like protein powders, creatines, multi's, etc. shouldn't be touched until my diet is in check. The Big on a Budget videos with Ox and Wrath have been a tremendous help, plus those two are fun to watch.

Whatever it is this time around I feel more driven than before. I'm not sure if it's being around the weights again, or the motivation that is just a click away, or being able to post on this forum, but all that matters is it's a blast; every aspect of it. Any who, it's great to be on this forum and hopefully my contributions can be as valuable as everyone else's.

JHOORNSTRA
03-19-14, 9:17 am
whats up guys, name is Arnel from Chicago Il.. just recently got back into the lifting scene after undergoing an open heart procedure this past December literally a week before the holidays. Recently joined the forum to get tips and possibly advice from fellow lifters when in need and I'll share my tips and hopefully my advice will help to all you guys

Peace

Glad to have ya and hear everything went ok December.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-19-14, 9:17 am
Greetings everyone
Although i'm a new guy here in the Animal forvm - i'm a regular on the Universal forum.
Figure I browse around here and see what killer topics, tales, training programs and heavy lifters I can network with. Not to mention a better opportunity to communicate directly with the big dogs pushing some serious numbers on bench, squat, DL
I can always use some solid tips from the pros themselves.
Up the Irons!

Right on man, glad to see you here as well.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
03-19-14, 9:18 am
Good evening guys.

My name is Adam. I'm currently around 180-182 lbs at 6'4". Still kind of skinny, but actually 10 lbs heavier since diving back into serious lifting a year ago. My first go-around I was rather naive, especially on the nutrition front meaning that there wasn't as much emphasis on actual diet and expected supplementation to be the focus. But I've learned that things like protein powders, creatines, multi's, etc. shouldn't be touched until my diet is in check. The Big on a Budget videos with Ox and Wrath have been a tremendous help, plus those two are fun to watch.

Whatever it is this time around I feel more driven than before. I'm not sure if it's being around the weights again, or the motivation that is just a click away, or being able to post on this forum, but all that matters is it's a blast; every aspect of it. Any who, it's great to be on this forum and hopefully my contributions can be as valuable as everyone else's.

Right on, best racing cars can have everything, tires, etc but won't do shit without fuel. Glad to have ya here.

JHo

Nasty
03-26-14, 3:05 pm
Hey fellas. New to the forum and am stoked to get input from all you guys. Found Animal and am hoping its the missing link for me. Im out of shape...bad. 30 years old, 6'6" and am at 320. havent lifted since a back injury 8 years ago. Im terrified of whats to come cause I have let myself go. All the nagging thoughts of being to old, to fat, to this and to that are still killin me. Im hoping once i get my routine down, it will all come back. One question I have is this: Do I cut down in weight and then build back up to where I want to be, or Build on top of what I have and use cardio to cut the fat? I know thats a loaded question considering im 320 but im askin. Thanks in advance for answering and hope to talk to you all soon.

Nasty

nickstrm
03-27-14, 8:52 am
Hey fellas. New to the forum and am stoked to get input from all you guys. Found Animal and am hoping its the missing link for me. Im out of shape...bad. 30 years old, 6'6" and am at 320. havent lifted since a back injury 8 years ago. Im terrified of whats to come cause I have let myself go. All the nagging thoughts of being to old, to fat, to this and to that are still killin me. Im hoping once i get my routine down, it will all come back. One question I have is this: Do I cut down in weight and then build back up to where I want to be, or Build on top of what I have and use cardio to cut the fat? I know thats a loaded question considering im 320 but im askin. Thanks in advance for answering and hope to talk to you all soon.

Nasty

Hi Nasty.
To answer your question from my side. When I started to workout again at the end of 2011 I weighed 165kg+ and now I am 118kg, I just started with a good weight training program, I did not do a lot of cardio, but I did check my diet and made a lot of adjustments and got some good supplements like a good pre-workout, good whey protein for post-workout and a snack during the day and lastly a good fat burner. That worked for me! But goodluck with your journey and God speed and enjoy the ride!!!

Nick

aziron
03-28-14, 5:07 pm
Whats up guys. Been following the Forvm for awhile now and decided its time for me to start posting. Got into the game aprox. 8 years ago after getting out of the Army and noticing I was putting on some weight. Havent looked back since and loving every step of the way. Been using Animal and Universal products along the way. Im use them exclusivley now to the point my GF said i should take a pic and send it in to you guys haha. Im originaly from the Detroit area but now out in Phoenix. If anyone in the Phoenix area (east valley) knows of a good gym please hit me up, been here little over 4 years and can only find fitnessy gyms, not the hardcore back east gyms im used to and love. Look forward to helping out anyone I can and continue my learning.

JHOORNSTRA
03-29-14, 1:32 pm

Nasty

It's never too late man, a year from now you'll be glad you started today...as for your question, it's doable but way harder to lose fat and gain muscle. Easiest is one at a time and that's a personal choice. Good luck, definitely have a support system here.

J-Ho

JHOORNSTRA
03-29-14, 1:33 pm
Whats up guys. Been following the Forvm for awhile now and decided its time for me to start posting. Got into the game aprox. 8 years ago after getting out of the Army and noticing I was putting on some weight. Havent looked back since and loving every step of the way. Been using Animal and Universal products along the way. Im use them exclusivley now to the point my GF said i should take a pic and send it in to you guys haha. Im originaly from the Detroit area but now out in Phoenix. If anyone in the Phoenix area (east valley) knows of a good gym please hit me up, been here little over 4 years and can only find fitnessy gyms, not the hardcore back east gyms im used to and love. Look forward to helping out anyone I can and continue my learning.

Welcome man, glad to have ya...

JHo

acarnovale
04-01-14, 9:16 am
Hi Everyone,

My name is Andrew Carnovale and I'm a 27 year-old 66kg powerlifter from Ontario, Canada. I have been following Animal and some of it's lifters for a while and decided I wanted to jump in and be a part of it. I'm 5'1" and walk around at about 150lbs. Looking to bring my squat up to the 400lb range, bench in to the 300lb range and deadlift in to the 500lbs range. Very excited to get started and I'll be starting a log in the Journey section.

Paco230
04-01-14, 11:33 pm
Hey fellas, my name is Adam but my buddies call me Paco. I live in Richmond, KY but i'm actually deployed in Central America right now. I'm still in the reserves is how I got on this bullshit deployment. It's nothing cool but we've got a lot of time on our hands. I left active duty because it was fuckin' my marriage up and it wasn't as fun as it used to be. I started doing contract work and it basically sucked. I started hittin' the sauce way too fuckin hard. Somethin' was gonna go south, it was a matter of time. I found out I was getting deployed and decided to flip the switch. I've always been a fan of powerlifting. I've read more about training than i've ever trained though. Since i've been here i've quit drinking. I don't have a problem with going out with guys that do but i'm putting it down for the next year or so. When/if I pick it back up it'll be kept in serious check. I've been training hard, (so I thought) since we've been here. My lifts are pretty much shit but that's why it's called a journey, not a fuckin' walk in the fuckin' park. I hope to compete at a meet in the fall. I started The Cube Method yesterday. Anyway gents, I tend to keep my mouth shut and eyes and ears open when i'm around guys that I need to listen to so other than words of encouragement I don't have a lot to contribute being as i'm a new meat. It's good to be on here, this fuckin sight is awesome. Sorry this shit was so long. Take care fellas, i'll catch ya around.

Lethall105
04-02-14, 11:31 am
Hey Brothers, Abbas here, Abs for for short. Originally from Pakistan, but grew up with a very sedentary lifestyle in Dubai! Have moved to the UK for university, and been lifting for about 1 year and a half now. Dropped down from 120kgs to 78kgs and put on a fair bit of lean mass in the process! Ultimate goal is to be lean, strong and athletic. Running Wendler 5/3/1 to get my numbers up, and hopefully I will make some good progress with it! Favourite lift has to be deads; I just feel as if every time I step up to that bar, it mocks me and when I complete the lift, I have earned its respect.

All the best in your endeavours,
Abs

JHOORNSTRA
04-03-14, 12:39 pm
Hi Everyone,

My name is Andrew Carnovale and I'm a 27 year-old 66kg powerlifter from Ontario, Canada. I have been following Animal and some of it's lifters for a while and decided I wanted to jump in and be a part of it. I'm 5'1" and walk around at about 150lbs. Looking to bring my squat up to the 400lb range, bench in to the 300lb range and deadlift in to the 500lbs range. Very excited to get started and I'll be starting a log in the Journey section.

Welcome man, glad to have ya here.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
04-03-14, 12:41 pm
Hey fellas, my name is Adam but my buddies call me Paco. I live in Richmond, KY but i'm actually deployed in Central America right now. I'm still in the reserves is how I got on this bullshit deployment. It's nothing cool but we've got a lot of time on our hands. I left active duty because it was fuckin' my marriage up and it wasn't as fun as it used to be. I started doing contract work and it basically sucked. I started hittin' the sauce way too fuckin hard. Somethin' was gonna go south, it was a matter of time. I found out I was getting deployed and decided to flip the switch. I've always been a fan of powerlifting. I've read more about training than i've ever trained though. Since i've been here i've quit drinking. I don't have a problem with going out with guys that do but i'm putting it down for the next year or so. When/if I pick it back up it'll be kept in serious check. I've been training hard, (so I thought) since we've been here. My lifts are pretty much shit but that's why it's called a journey, not a fuckin' walk in the fuckin' park. I hope to compete at a meet in the fall. I started The Cube Method yesterday. Anyway gents, I tend to keep my mouth shut and eyes and ears open when i'm around guys that I need to listen to so other than words of encouragement I don't have a lot to contribute being as i'm a new meat. It's good to be on here, this fuckin sight is awesome. Sorry this shit was so long. Take care fellas, i'll catch ya around.

Glad you're here man and glad to hear the priorities were not only met but realized. Family is first and do what you can to protect that sanctity. Welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
04-03-14, 12:41 pm
Hey Brothers, Abbas here, Abs for for short. Originally from Pakistan, but grew up with a very sedentary lifestyle in Dubai! Have moved to the UK for university, and been lifting for about 1 year and a half now. Dropped down from 120kgs to 78kgs and put on a fair bit of lean mass in the process! Ultimate goal is to be lean, strong and athletic. Running Wendler 5/3/1 to get my numbers up, and hopefully I will make some good progress with it! Favourite lift has to be deads; I just feel as if every time I step up to that bar, it mocks me and when I complete the lift, I have earned its respect.

All the best in your endeavours,
Abs

Welcome to the board man, plenty of info here to help reach those goals.

JHo

The Bear
04-04-14, 10:14 am
Hé Guys!

I'm Tim aka The Bear, started lifting weights after the summer of 2012 and haven't looked back since!
Found out rather quick that I had a decent amount of strength to begin with and focused the power lifts ever since!
Just trying to improve my strengths, and of course weaknesses, on a weekly basis inside and outside the gym.

Always been the "heavier" rather "slow (no endurance)" kinda kid during high school...
Was fast though with sprinting and also kinda strong compared to my classmates during those times.
To bad here in the Netherlands (Europe) we aren't really stimulated by society to go and lift weights in gym.
Played tennis for 11 years during this time, but had to give that up because of lower back pain when I try to serve...

Now after all that time, relatively speaking since I'm just 23 years old, I finally found the sport that really suits me!
The first time I entered the weight room a whole new world opened up right before my eyes!
Had the luck that my new classmates, also started a new study (Nutrition/Dietetics) after the summer, were already well know in the gym.
They showed me how to lift and made me start with Starting Strength from Rippetoe.
Went form 0 to a 310 pound squat, yes below parallel hehe, in 3,5 months but injured my back a few days before...
Had to lay off the heavy squats and deadlifts (which I like the most) for 3-4 months after that.

In the meanwhile I went from weighing 230 pounds (fat) to 190 pounds (lean), so I was feeling kinda okay during these sad times.
Afterwards I went back on track and keep pursuing my goal of becoming stronger (and bigger) then I would ever deem possible.
Decided to do a amateur bodybuilding show last december for "the fun of it", because I wanted to crown all my hard work during my first year!
Didn't went as planned (dieting just isn't my thing I found out, as is bodybuilding) and ended up weighing 200 pounds on stage.
Finished outside the top 10, but was proud for getting up stage and letting the whole world (~1000 people probably, hehe) see what I had accomplished!

Afterwards I decided, and really found out the harsh way, that bodybuilding just isn't my thing...
During my contest prep I was more excited about lifting heavier weights then getting lean...
Which reminds me of the 440 pound deadlift after 10 no carb days and 2 hours sleep the night before, crazy times it were!

Now I just wanna become as strong as I can be and wanna pursue the world of RAW powerlifting!
Hope to learn a lot from you guys, since a whole bunch of my new found idols are part of the Animal team.

PS.
they call me The Bear, because I'm a real social cuddly friendly kinda guy outside the gym but angry and strong when I hit the weights.
Or is it just because I'm hairy as fuck if I wouldn't trim it all down from time to time, who knows......

JoyFapper
04-05-14, 2:09 am
Hey guys,I am Joe from Singapore. I was a skinny fat guy in the school who often got discriminate for bad results.I started training in the gym when I was 15 and a half y/o and I was only 130pounds and in 4months of training I got up to 165 pounds of half of my gains are fats.When I got back to school after the holidays,my schoolmate were impressed that I gained much size, but assholes will still be assholes they start making fun of me by me names like "mussels'' and take some fitness model photos and asked me "can you look like this'' I replied ''Yes,in 3 years time'' he start mocking me by saying ''you can never'' I was feeling pissed and I can't do shit about him.Going to school everyday is feeling like hell. But that did not stopped me from training, I used the anger for performance in gym. I went on a cutting phase for 6months to cut off those fat. I leaned down to 145pounds at 15% b.f and I went for a bulk now currently at 182 pounds @24% b.f. I find that going to the weight room and train made me a more mature guy comparing to someone my age(16yo). I had set a goal for myself to be competing in powerlifting at the age of 17 and standing on the local bodybuilding stage at the age of 18.My current lifts are 440pounds deadlift , 352pounds sqauts , 187pounds bench(paused). I know they are not any big lifts but I am happy that I am growing stronger,bigger but most important being a more mature young adult.

JHOORNSTRA
04-06-14, 8:26 pm
Hé Guys!

I'm Tim aka The Bear, started lifting weights after the summer of 2012 and haven't looked back since!
Found out rather quick that I had a decent amount of strength to begin with and focused the power lifts ever since!
Just trying to improve my strengths, and of course weaknesses, on a weekly basis inside and outside the gym.

Always been the "heavier" rather "slow (no endurance)" kinda kid during high school...
Was fast though with sprinting and also kinda strong compared to my classmates during those times.
To bad here in the Netherlands (Europe) we aren't really stimulated by society to go and lift weights in gym.
Played tennis for 11 years during this time, but had to give that up because of lower back pain when I try to serve...

Now after all that time, relatively speaking since I'm just 23 years old, I finally found the sport that really suits me!
The first time I entered the weight room a whole new world opened up right before my eyes!
Had the luck that my new classmates, also started a new study (Nutrition/Dietetics) after the summer, were already well know in the gym.
They showed me how to lift and made me start with Starting Strength from Rippetoe.
Went form 0 to a 310 pound squat, yes below parallel hehe, in 3,5 months but injured my back a few days before...
Had to lay off the heavy squats and deadlifts (which I like the most) for 3-4 months after that.

In the meanwhile I went from weighing 230 pounds (fat) to 190 pounds (lean), so I was feeling kinda okay during these sad times.
Afterwards I went back on track and keep pursuing my goal of becoming stronger (and bigger) then I would ever deem possible.
Decided to do a amateur bodybuilding show last december for "the fun of it", because I wanted to crown all my hard work during my first year!
Didn't went as planned (dieting just isn't my thing I found out, as is bodybuilding) and ended up weighing 200 pounds on stage.
Finished outside the top 10, but was proud for getting up stage and letting the whole world (~1000 people probably, hehe) see what I had accomplished!

Afterwards I decided, and really found out the harsh way, that bodybuilding just isn't my thing...
During my contest prep I was more excited about lifting heavier weights then getting lean...
Which reminds me of the 440 pound deadlift after 10 no carb days and 2 hours sleep the night before, crazy times it were!

Now I just wanna become as strong as I can be and wanna pursue the world of RAW powerlifting!
Hope to learn a lot from you guys, since a whole bunch of my new found idols are part of the Animal team.

PS.
they call me The Bear, because I'm a real social cuddly friendly kinda guy outside the gym but angry and strong when I hit the weights.
Or is it just because I'm hairy as fuck if I wouldn't trim it all down from time to time, who knows......

Nice man, find your spot...I hear that dutch lifters are the strongest... ;)

JHOORNSTRA
04-06-14, 8:31 pm
Hey guys,I am Joe from Singapore. I was a skinny fat guy in the school who often got discriminate for bad results.I started training in the gym when I was 15 and a half y/o and I was only 130pounds and in 4months of training I got up to 165 pounds of half of my gains are fats.When I got back to school after the holidays,my schoolmate were impressed that I gained much size, but assholes will still be assholes they start making fun of me by me names like "mussels'' and take some fitness model photos and asked me "can you look like this'' I replied ''Yes,in 3 years time'' he start mocking me by saying ''you can never'' I was feeling pissed and I can't do shit about him.Going to school everyday is feeling like hell. But that did not stopped me from training, I used the anger for performance in gym. I went on a cutting phase for 6months to cut off those fat. I leaned down to 145pounds at 15% b.f and I went for a bulk now currently at 182 pounds @24% b.f. I find that going to the weight room and train made me a more mature guy comparing to someone my age(16yo). I had set a goal for myself to be competing in powerlifting at the age of 17 and standing on the local bodybuilding stage at the age of 18.My current lifts are 440pounds deadlift , 352pounds sqauts , 187pounds bench(paused). I know they are not any big lifts but I am happy that I am growing stronger,bigger but most important being a more mature young adult.

Glad to have you here man. However, make sure that whatever your reason is for getting in the gym, the reason for staying is for yourself. Nothing will keep you going but yourself and no one else will help you or discipline you like you can. People will always make fun of you so that's a part of it. You will gain weight and get called fat, gain muscle and get accused of steroids, there is never a bitter sweet ending and that's due to the jealous and insecurities of others. You can't please everyone but make sure that one of the ones that is pleased is yourself. Lift for you, get stronger for you...and everything in your life will fall into place. Good luck with your lifting, you've made great gains so far, keep it up.

JHo

mountaindogsix
04-10-14, 9:51 am
I'm a 40 year old competitive powerlifter stationed currently at FT Sam Houston, TX. One of my former training partners just joined so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've been training for years but finally got serious about competing. I currently train on Post and occasionally at Olympic Gym in downtown, SA. We run a cube program and am on my 5th cube cycle. I just cam off a raw united meet where I placed 1st in the masters 242 division and 2nd overall with a 1430 total. I have a torn labrum so bench is lagging currently. My numbers are 475/330/625. We have another meet in July where the goal is 500/345/640. I'm pretty active on the JTS site and have trained with some of those guys a couple of times via the seminars they put on. I look forward to being an active member.

JHOORNSTRA
04-15-14, 10:07 am
I'm a 40 year old competitive powerlifter stationed currently at FT Sam Houston, TX. One of my former training partners just joined so I figured I'd give it a shot. I've been training for years but finally got serious about competing. I currently train on Post and occasionally at Olympic Gym in downtown, SA. We run a cube program and am on my 5th cube cycle. I just cam off a raw united meet where I placed 1st in the masters 242 division and 2nd overall with a 1430 total. I have a torn labrum so bench is lagging currently. My numbers are 475/330/625. We have another meet in July where the goal is 500/345/640. I'm pretty active on the JTS site and have trained with some of those guys a couple of times via the seminars they put on. I look forward to being an active member.

Welcome man, glad to have ya...you were at RUM?

Brick
04-21-14, 6:00 pm
Sup everyone. I have been training for six years, I started lifting heavy in high school and was instantly hooked. Unfortunately I blew out my knee in my junior year in high school and this put my heavy lifting on hold for two years. I've recently started lifting again and am on the 531 program. I hope to compete in a meet soon. That is my goal.

JHOORNSTRA
04-24-14, 10:06 am
Welcome Brick, glad to have ya here.

Mansinthe
04-28-14, 6:44 pm
Hello all , and thanks for having me here !

My Name is Marc , im 27 years old and im from germany. Im working out since a while but i was not serious with my workout and my food intake.
Since a few months now (4-5 maybe) im taking a closer look at what im eating and how much. Im a vegetarian now since 2,5 months as well. (im still eating eggs , but im trying to skip most of the milk / cheese stuff. )

7 years ago i had anorexia nervosa (wanted to be thin as possible) , i went down to 58 kg (im 181cm) till i was at the hospital for 3 weeks (they forced the food into me). A while after i was in the hospital i went back to 64-68kg and startet out with a home workout routine (p90x with tony horton, maybe someone here knows him) and i added some cardio workouts of Insanity to my routine.

Around 6 months ago i got equip for my little "home gym". (flat bench , dumbbells , barbells etc..).
working out with wights helped alot and i got bigger a little bit.
I do not know how but i did find out about animal supplements and startet with animal pak since its around a long time.

Im now into my second can of animal pak and i feel a lot better than ever before in my life !
i went through 1 can of animal test in the last 3 weeks and im taking now animal m-stak and will add "stak" in a few days as well.

my current wight is 80kg ! (not huge but im proud of myself since i startet with 58kg...) , im not fat but i cant really see my abs either. hope that changes in the next few months with these supplements and a good workout (trying to workout 5-6 days a week , a hour each day at least..)

i noticed already some strenght gains with animal test and my libido went up as well 0_o (gf was asking me if im taking "something" xD ).
animal test is pretty expensive over here since i cant import it myself (german customs) from the U.S . so im using a german shop or UK ebay shops to get my animal products. (but its still easy 50-100% more expensive to what you pay at amazon.com)

supplements im using:
Whey Protein , Creatin , Animal Pak , Animal M-Stak and Animal Stak , soon)

well.. thats it, thanks again for having me here , i hope i learn alot and will meet some nice people !
i hope to improve my english writing skills as well (im doing fine with watching movies or reading english books but i do mess up my grammer etc as well ^^)

Anta
04-29-14, 3:59 am
Hi, my (nick)name is Anta, I'm 20, 6'4'', around 205..
My PR's are:
Bench - 120kg (285lbs)
Squat - 140kg (310lbs)
Deadlift - 170kg (375lbs)

I haven't done any meets, because, besides the fact that I'm not strong enough, there simply aren't many PL meets in Serbia (my country) (and most of them are bench-only meets). I just seriously started training for around 3 months now, because before that I trained basketball and that kinda didn't go well together, so I didn't focus as much on the gym. But now I don't play anymore, and I love the feeling of being able to dedicate 100% of my efforts to the gym.
As far as my goals go (short-term), it's to get to 135kg bench (no touch'n'go), 165kg squat and 200kg deadlift by the end of the year. I think that's quite reachable, considering the level I'm at (almost-intermediate). I'm going on the Cube next week (or the week after), I ran a couple of cycles of 5/3/1, but I didn't like it... but in its defense, my nutrition sucks (not eating enough nor the right stuff) and I kinda overdid it.
Anyways, I'll be doing the Cube, and I'm having high hopes for it.

Pozdrav! (that's 'Cheers' or 'Greetings' in Serbian)

ApiretobeIron
04-29-14, 2:47 pm
Hi fellas, my name is Jake Salisbury. Yes, like the steak. I have been lifting for ten years and competitively power-lifting for four years. I am 19 years old now and competed in the Texas power-fest 2012 in Houston, as well as the 2014 Texas state championships in Dallas this month. In the first competition, I weighed in at 179 (at 6 foot 2 inches haha, I was skinny! ) and pulled 523 raw as my favorite attempt of the day lol, I did take the gold in 181 and had the honor of meeting the current heavyweight champion for USAPL, Randall Harris ( Really Nice Guy! ). In the second competition, I weighed in at 203 ( baby weight 220 lol) so I was stuck in the 220 weight class. I pulled my hip warming up for squat but I did my best to stick to form to avoid aggravating the injury and managed to win gold in two divisions and silver in two divisions along with the deadlift Texas state record of 556lb unequipped.

These two events mark moments in my life that made me so nervous I was sick to my stomach but conversely excited me to the point of jumping up and down ( hence the pulled hip in warm up haha). I want to see as many lifters as I can, get that excited to be touching iron and having friendly competitions with fellow lifters. As a motivational note, I want you all to know that I spent my youth battling neurological disorders that bestowed upon me difficulties to the point that I could not move or think correctly but because of a dedicated lifestyle to being nutritionally informed and iron savvy, I broke all diagnoses by the time I was fourteen. We can all do it. There is no boundary that cannot be crossed when it comes to preserving or improving your physiology. In time, I want my story to help many men and women, but until then let it help you as an individual reader CONTINUE or Start your trials in being made of iron.

MrDeadlift
04-29-14, 5:58 pm
Hi Brothers, my name is David i am 22 years old and from Germany. I train round about 4 Years. I start with a wieght of 133kg just look too fat after a few months round about 8-10 of fitness,cardio and health eat i have lost 35kg and start my muscelgain with 95kg. Last year was my wieght 118kg and i start a diet to get shredded. At the moment my wieght is 107kg. My favourit exercies are deadlifts and squats my personal rekoard in deadlift are 170kg for 2 reps and 150kg in squats for 1 rep. Last but not least i am a big fan of Roman Fritz!! :-)

Greatz
David

THOMAStheTANK
04-29-14, 10:43 pm
What's up everyone? My name is Tom and I'm 20 years old. I'm in my second year of college in West Virginia. Currently I am leaning down to 181 lbs to compete in my first powerlifting meet in July, to see what I can do on the platform. I will be powerlifting in the Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate. My best lifts in the gym are a 420x2 Squat, 280 Paused Bench and a 500 Deadlift at around 195 lb bodyweight.

JHOORNSTRA
04-30-14, 1:55 pm
Hello all , and thanks for having me here !

My Name is Marc , im 27 years old and im from germany. Im working out since a while but i was not serious with my workout and my food intake.
Since a few months now (4-5 maybe) im taking a closer look at what im eating and how much. Im a vegetarian now since 2,5 months as well. (im still eating eggs , but im trying to skip most of the milk / cheese stuff. )

7 years ago i had anorexia nervosa (wanted to be thin as possible) , i went down to 58 kg (im 181cm) till i was at the hospital for 3 weeks (they forced the food into me). A while after i was in the hospital i went back to 64-68kg and startet out with a home workout routine (p90x with tony horton, maybe someone here knows him) and i added some cardio workouts of Insanity to my routine.

Around 6 months ago i got equip for my little "home gym". (flat bench , dumbbells , barbells etc..).
working out with wights helped alot and i got bigger a little bit.
I do not know how but i did find out about animal supplements and startet with animal pak since its around a long time.

Im now into my second can of animal pak and i feel a lot better than ever before in my life !
i went through 1 can of animal test in the last 3 weeks and im taking now animal m-stak and will add "stak" in a few days as well.

my current wight is 80kg ! (not huge but im proud of myself since i startet with 58kg...) , im not fat but i cant really see my abs either. hope that changes in the next few months with these supplements and a good workout (trying to workout 5-6 days a week , a hour each day at least..)

i noticed already some strenght gains with animal test and my libido went up as well 0_o (gf was asking me if im taking "something" xD ).
animal test is pretty expensive over here since i cant import it myself (german customs) from the U.S . so im using a german shop or UK ebay shops to get my animal products. (but its still easy 50-100% more expensive to what you pay at amazon.com)

supplements im using:
Whey Protein , Creatin , Animal Pak , Animal M-Stak and Animal Stak , soon)

well.. thats it, thanks again for having me here , i hope i learn alot and will meet some nice people !
i hope to improve my english writing skills as well (im doing fine with watching movies or reading english books but i do mess up my grammer etc as well ^^)

Welcome man, glad to have ya and to hear you've overcome some obstacles. remember, animalpak is awesome and the best out there, but keep in mind what the word "supplement" means. You have to eat and fuel your body and that's where you see the results. Supplements are good but the misconception is that it will make you reach your goals. It will help, but not do it alone. Just like a person won't get abs eating donuts and taking animal cuts...nor will someone get bigger and stronger not eating and taking animal test. But I'm glad to see you're on the right track and hope to see you around here.

JHOORNSTRA
04-30-14, 1:57 pm
Hi, my (nick)name is Anta, I'm 20, 6'4'', around 205..
My PR's are:
Bench - 120kg (285lbs)
Squat - 140kg (310lbs)
Deadlift - 170kg (375lbs)

I haven't done any meets, because, besides the fact that I'm not strong enough, there simply aren't many PL meets in Serbia (my country) (and most of them are bench-only meets). I just seriously started training for around 3 months now, because before that I trained basketball and that kinda didn't go well together, so I didn't focus as much on the gym. But now I don't play anymore, and I love the feeling of being able to dedicate 100% of my efforts to the gym.
As far as my goals go (short-term), it's to get to 135kg bench (no touch'n'go), 165kg squat and 200kg deadlift by the end of the year. I think that's quite reachable, considering the level I'm at (almost-intermediate). I'm going on the Cube next week (or the week after), I ran a couple of cycles of 5/3/1, but I didn't like it... but in its defense, my nutrition sucks (not eating enough nor the right stuff) and I kinda overdid it.
Anyways, I'll be doing the Cube, and I'm having high hopes for it.

Pozdrav! (that's 'Cheers' or 'Greetings' in Serbian)

Welcome...definitely attainable goals...good luck bro.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
04-30-14, 2:00 pm
Hi fellas, my name is Jake Salisbury. Yes, like the steak. I have been lifting for ten years and competitively power-lifting for four years. I am 19 years old now and competed in the Texas power-fest 2012 in Houston, as well as the 2014 Texas state championships in Dallas this month. In the first competition, I weighed in at 179 (at 6 foot 2 inches haha, I was skinny! ) and pulled 523 raw as my favorite attempt of the day lol, I did take the gold in 181 and had the honor of meeting the current heavyweight champion for USAPL, Randall Harris ( Really Nice Guy! ). In the second competition, I weighed in at 203 ( baby weight 220 lol) so I was stuck in the 220 weight class. I pulled my hip warming up for squat but I did my best to stick to form to avoid aggravating the injury and managed to win gold in two divisions and silver in two divisions along with the deadlift Texas state record of 556lb unequipped.

These two events mark moments in my life that made me so nervous I was sick to my stomach but conversely excited me to the point of jumping up and down ( hence the pulled hip in warm up haha). I want to see as many lifters as I can, get that excited to be touching iron and having friendly competitions with fellow lifters. As a motivational note, I want you all to know that I spent my youth battling neurological disorders that bestowed upon me difficulties to the point that I could not move or think correctly but because of a dedicated lifestyle to being nutritionally informed and iron savvy, I broke all diagnoses by the time I was fourteen. We can all do it. There is no boundary that cannot be crossed when it comes to preserving or improving your physiology. In time, I want my story to help many men and women, but until then let it help you as an individual reader CONTINUE or Start your trials in being made of iron.

You nailed it, we can all do it...whatever it is...glad to have ya here.

JHOORNSTRA
04-30-14, 2:00 pm
Hi Brothers, my name is David i am 22 years old and from Germany. I train round about 4 Years. I start with a wieght of 133kg just look too fat after a few months round about 8-10 of fitness,cardio and health eat i have lost 35kg and start my muscelgain with 95kg. Last year was my wieght 118kg and i start a diet to get shredded. At the moment my wieght is 107kg. My favourit exercies are deadlifts and squats my personal rekoard in deadlift are 170kg for 2 reps and 150kg in squats for 1 rep. Last but not least i am a big fan of Roman Fritz!! :-)

Greatz
David

Welcome to the board David.

JHOORNSTRA
04-30-14, 2:01 pm
What's up everyone? My name is Tom and I'm 20 years old. I'm in my second year of college in West Virginia. Currently I am leaning down to 181 lbs to compete in my first powerlifting meet in July, to see what I can do on the platform. I will be powerlifting in the Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate. My best lifts in the gym are a 420x2 Squat, 280 Paused Bench and a 500 Deadlift at around 195 lb bodyweight.

Nice man, good luck with your competition.

bigjt
05-01-14, 12:40 am
Hey all. My name is Jay. I've been training for several years. I've always liked the Animal Brand and the products. I don't spend much time online and can't stand social media but I'm here because this is one of the few brands/websites etc that I feel I actually identify with.

A while back good friend of mine (who is a IFBB pro) took me to the 2012 Arnold. I didn't realize just how different Animal was until we got to the expo. Just being able to hang our around the cage and talk to a few of the Animal/Universal athletes was by far the highlight of the trip. As we left we talked about the industry as a whole and how Animal gets it and represents what is right in the industry. Every other brand/booth was the exact same thing. A bunch of chicks walking around and maybe a bodybuilder if you were willing to wait in line forever. Nothing set any of the other brands apart. Completely impersonal and a let down.

Just want to thank you guys for sticking to your guns and doing it the right way. Can't wait to spend some more time on here and benefit from everyone's knowledge/experience.

Hewes
05-01-14, 7:29 am
Good afternoon,

My name is Steven Hewes (or just Hewes) and i'm from Nottingham, England. Recently caught the powerlifting bug and that has bought me to here.

If there is anything you want to know about me feel free to ask.

MikeHerman
05-02-14, 4:53 pm
Hey guys.
My name is Mike. I'm a 22 year old aspiring powerlifter from Cincinnati, OH, who is also probably the smallest guy on the boards. I love really heavy metal and hardcore, playing guitar, tattoos, and lifting iron. I've trained on and off for maybe 3 years, but never got serious until around 5 months ago. I started at Planet Weakness, but gladly getting out of there and into a real gym tomorrow. Current stats are 5'9", 154 lbs., and my lifts are (unimpressively) bench - 185, squat - 225, DL - 235. I'm not the biggest or strongest, but my heart is in it, and I hope to keep smashing PRs throughout the rest of my journey. I'm not sure how the mods feel about self-promotion, but I do have a blog, which I linked in my profile. I won't be promoting it, unless I'm given the go-ahead, but it's there. I'm also currently enrolled in the ISSA Personal Trainer certification program. Fitness has become my main passion, and I really hope to make it a lifetime journey and potentially make a career out of it. I'm in talks of producing some apparel for lifters right now, and the long term goal is to eventually open a powerlifting gym. Hoping to make some new friends and gain a wealth of knowledge here. See you guys on the boards!

HAG
05-09-14, 1:00 pm
Hey Guys,

20 and from the UK, currently studying at University. Had some rough times recently and getting back into lifting has helped me turn my life around. Always looking to learn and develop myself, really looking forward to gaining some new knowledge and helping others out.

Cheers

Lethall105
05-09-14, 1:08 pm
Hey Guys,

20 and from the UK, currently studying at University. Had some rough times recently and getting back into lifting has helped me turn my life around. Always looking to learn and develop myself, really looking forward to gaining some new knowledge and helping others out.

Cheers

Welcome bud! You are in the right place for that :D Which uni are you studying at?

krick3t
05-09-14, 3:09 pm
Finally got my password changed so I could get on here.

Basics, From Atlanta, got into weightlifting because of a suicide attempt last year, and it has basically cured my depression. Got into powerlifting specifically because of a couple of friends I made, who were a bit more experienced and wanted me to try it.

Age - 22
Weight 245
Bench - 225
Deadlift - 350
Squat - 325

Its been crazy for the last year, increasing all my lifts by 100lbs, and just looking forward to cutting weight down to 200-220, increasing strength.

Look forward to discussions, and helping others out as much as I can.

AodhanBoulder
05-09-14, 7:11 pm
What's up, Aodhan (pronounced Aiden) here, living in nottingham, UK.
21 and about to finish university studying music technology.

Numbers:
Bodyweight: 73kg
Squat: 155kg
Bench: 95kg
Deadlift: 170kg

Currently two days out from my second meet, and hoping to improve on all my lifts. Just finished my second cube cycle leading up to this meet and thoroughly enjoying the results I'm getting from it, although the squat has become a sticking point, hoping to render that at the meet on Sunday!

Anyway, I'm gonna try and start a my journey on that thread and keep it updated with some training vids and logs. Glad to be part of the forum

Jai
05-10-14, 3:17 pm
Hey guys. My name is Jai (pronounced Jay). I'm living in Delaware and I'm a chick. I've been lifting for a while but I'll like to elevate my workouts and open to any advice. I've seen you guys in action and if anyone can push me...it's you guys. Feel free to holla at me. Thanks!