PDA

View Full Version : Yo Fellas, Introduce Yourself...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28

moparguy55
05-12-14, 11:50 am
Hello all,

Crazy Canuck here. Been in the gym for a year now,been training off an on since about 14 now 34. Hitting some plateaus and here to gain some knowledge.

Cheers

Jared Goad
05-13-14, 11:03 am
Hey guys my name is Jared and I love to lift. I started outwith some light lifting when I was a little sixth grader in wrestling and continued on to do so after I finished wrestling in College. I am now a Powerlifter and have been for close to two years now. I know I am just a baby to the sport still but I love it and I am always looking to change things up and try new things to better myself. I look forward to asking questions and being able to talk to you guys.

RomeyGBOD
05-13-14, 11:28 pm
Hey guys I'm honored to be on here with all of you! I'm 17 years old, 5 foot 9, 190lbs and Ive been powerlifting for about a 6 months! My current lifts are 560 deadlift, 465 squat, and 340 bench. I love to lift, train heavy and learn and listen to all the animal athletes and everyone else on here!

Merican87
05-19-14, 6:43 pm
What's up, I'm here to maintain motivation and get bigger/stronger with the help of others and also help guys out who need it via programming/nutrition/supplement advise or motivation.

nickbustos
05-20-14, 4:52 pm
What's goin on my brothers. My name is Nick. I'm just about to graduate high school and have been in lifting seriously for a solid 4 years. I have made incredible gains throughout my journey.

I first discovered Animal I believe when I was 15 or 16. What I loved about this website and brand was that it had a hardcore feel to it. It was rough and I noticed there was no horse playin around here, and that's the beauty of it. I have to say I am honored to be apart of the F O R V M community and look forward to the future here on here.

Bless you all. Lift heavy and stay true!

jaredmcase
05-22-14, 3:38 am
Hey guys. I found powerlifting just this past fall of 2013 when I needed to both find another use for my time that was used to finish my online degree and to get in shape. I've never been someone who enjoyed just going into the gym and staying fit. I need a goal to stick with anything long term. When I found powerlifting I knew that was for me. After my first meet in March of 2014 I was hooked. I trained harder and worked on my form and technique and completed my second meet in May of 2014 PRing all of my lifts, but walking away with new things to work on. Now I start that journey to move the bar faster, perfect my technique/form with more reps, and loose a bit more body fat. I study everything about this sport and general fitness and nutrition, so I knew I needed to be part of this forum.

37 y/o
Body Weight: 225
Squat: 450
Bench: 275
Deadlift: 460

MonsterLeopard
05-27-14, 12:52 pm
What's up everyone...

I come to you from the Great White North. Before getting here, I was living in Brazil.
I'm an architectural technologist so architecture is a big deal for me I guess.
Now, my true passion is lifting fucking barbells.
Been casually bodybuilding for about 6 years now, and about three months ago I decided to get into powerlifting. I look up to our Animal brothers. Looking to get my total at least over 1k before competing.

A little bit about the name... "Monster" for strength and power and "Leopard" for suppleness and mobility.

My stats are:
~177lbs Bodyweight
D: 335
S: 265
B: 225

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 10:53 pm
Hey all. My name is Jay. I've been training for several years. I've always liked the Animal Brand and the products. I don't spend much time online and can't stand social media but I'm here because this is one of the few brands/websites etc that I feel I actually identify with.

A while back good friend of mine (who is a IFBB pro) took me to the 2012 Arnold. I didn't realize just how different Animal was until we got to the expo. Just being able to hang our around the cage and talk to a few of the Animal/Universal athletes was by far the highlight of the trip. As we left we talked about the industry as a whole and how Animal gets it and represents what is right in the industry. Every other brand/booth was the exact same thing. A bunch of chicks walking around and maybe a bodybuilder if you were willing to wait in line forever. Nothing set any of the other brands apart. Completely impersonal and a let down.

Just want to thank you guys for sticking to your guns and doing it the right way. Can't wait to spend some more time on here and benefit from everyone's knowledge/experience.

That's what it's all about. Welcome to the board.

J-Ho

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 10:54 pm
Good afternoon,

My name is Steven Hewes (or just Hewes) and i'm from Nottingham, England. Recently caught the powerlifting bug and that has bought me to here.

If there is anything you want to know about me feel free to ask.

Welcome, glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 10:56 pm
Hey guys.
My name is Mike. I'm a 22 year old aspiring powerlifter from Cincinnati, OH, who is also probably the smallest guy on the boards. I love really heavy metal and hardcore, playing guitar, tattoos, and lifting iron. I've trained on and off for maybe 3 years, but never got serious until around 5 months ago. I started at Planet Weakness, but gladly getting out of there and into a real gym tomorrow. Current stats are 5'9", 154 lbs., and my lifts are (unimpressively) bench - 185, squat - 225, DL - 235. I'm not the biggest or strongest, but my heart is in it, and I hope to keep smashing PRs throughout the rest of my journey. I'm not sure how the mods feel about self-promotion, but I do have a blog, which I linked in my profile. I won't be promoting it, unless I'm given the go-ahead, but it's there. I'm also currently enrolled in the ISSA Personal Trainer certification program. Fitness has become my main passion, and I really hope to make it a lifetime journey and potentially make a career out of it. I'm in talks of producing some apparel for lifters right now, and the long term goal is to eventually open a powerlifting gym. Hoping to make some new friends and gain a wealth of knowledge here. See you guys on the boards!

Welcome...glad to hear you're out of that garbage "gym"..glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 10:57 pm
Hey Guys,

20 and from the UK, currently studying at University. Had some rough times recently and getting back into lifting has helped me turn my life around. Always looking to learn and develop myself, really looking forward to gaining some new knowledge and helping others out.

Cheers

Welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 10:58 pm
Finally got my password changed so I could get on here.

Basics, From Atlanta, got into weightlifting because of a suicide attempt last year, and it has basically cured my depression. Got into powerlifting specifically because of a couple of friends I made, who were a bit more experienced and wanted me to try it.

Age - 22
Weight 245
Bench - 225
Deadlift - 350
Squat - 325

Its been crazy for the last year, increasing all my lifts by 100lbs, and just looking forward to cutting weight down to 200-220, increasing strength.

Look forward to discussions, and helping others out as much as I can.

Always awesome to see that lifting helps people in more than one way. The obvious physical strength but sometimes even moreso the mental. Glad to have you.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 10:59 pm
What's up, Aodhan (pronounced Aiden) here, living in nottingham, UK.
21 and about to finish university studying music technology.

Numbers:
Bodyweight: 73kg
Squat: 155kg
Bench: 95kg
Deadlift: 170kg

Currently two days out from my second meet, and hoping to improve on all my lifts. Just finished my second cube cycle leading up to this meet and thoroughly enjoying the results I'm getting from it, although the squat has become a sticking point, hoping to render that at the meet on Sunday!

Anyway, I'm gonna try and start a my journey on that thread and keep it updated with some training vids and logs. Glad to be part of the forum

Glad you're here...how'd the meet go?

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:00 pm
Hey guys. My name is Jai (pronounced Jay). I'm living in Delaware and I'm a chick. I've been lifting for a while but I'll like to elevate my workouts and open to any advice. I've seen you guys in action and if anyone can push me...it's you guys. Feel free to holla at me. Thanks!

We're always here for a good push...glad you're here for it...

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:01 pm
Hello all,

Crazy Canuck here. Been in the gym for a year now,been training off an on since about 14 now 34. Hitting some plateaus and here to gain some knowledge.

Cheers

Welcome, glad you're here...we started about the same time and I'm just barely younger than you. Glad you're here to share.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:02 pm
Hey guys my name is Jared and I love to lift. I started outwith some light lifting when I was a little sixth grader in wrestling and continued on to do so after I finished wrestling in College. I am now a Powerlifter and have been for close to two years now. I know I am just a baby to the sport still but I love it and I am always looking to change things up and try new things to better myself. I look forward to asking questions and being able to talk to you guys.

Welcome, glad you have the "change things up" attitude...important. Glad you're here.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:02 pm
Hey guys I'm honored to be on here with all of you! I'm 17 years old, 5 foot 9, 190lbs and Ive been powerlifting for about a 6 months! My current lifts are 560 deadlift, 465 squat, and 340 bench. I love to lift, train heavy and learn and listen to all the animal athletes and everyone else on here!

Welcome, glad you're a part of it now.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:03 pm
What's up, I'm here to maintain motivation and get bigger/stronger with the help of others and also help guys out who need it via programming/nutrition/supplement advise or motivation.

Use it for all of that and more, plenty of people here to help.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:04 pm
What's goin on my brothers. My name is Nick. I'm just about to graduate high school and have been in lifting seriously for a solid 4 years. I have made incredible gains throughout my journey.

I first discovered Animal I believe when I was 15 or 16. What I loved about this website and brand was that it had a hardcore feel to it. It was rough and I noticed there was no horse playin around here, and that's the beauty of it. I have to say I am honored to be apart of the F O R V M community and look forward to the future here on here.

Bless you all. Lift heavy and stay true!

Welcome, you got it...business and brotherhood and the defining characteristics for sure.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:05 pm
Hey guys. I found powerlifting just this past fall of 2013 when I needed to both find another use for my time that was used to finish my online degree and to get in shape. I've never been someone who enjoyed just going into the gym and staying fit. I need a goal to stick with anything long term. When I found powerlifting I knew that was for me. After my first meet in March of 2014 I was hooked. I trained harder and worked on my form and technique and completed my second meet in May of 2014 PRing all of my lifts, but walking away with new things to work on. Now I start that journey to move the bar faster, perfect my technique/form with more reps, and loose a bit more body fat. I study everything about this sport and general fitness and nutrition, so I knew I needed to be part of this forum.

37 y/o
Body Weight: 225
Squat: 450
Bench: 275
Deadlift: 460

Sounds like you're on the right track...glad you made it.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
05-27-14, 11:06 pm
What's up everyone...

I come to you from the Great White North. Before getting here, I was living in Brazil.
I'm an architectural technologist so architecture is a big deal for me I guess.
Now, my true passion is lifting fucking barbells.
Been casually bodybuilding for about 6 years now, and about three months ago I decided to get into powerlifting. I look up to our Animal brothers. Looking to get my total at least over 1k before competing.

A little bit about the name... "Monster" for strength and power and "Leopard" for suppleness and mobility.

My stats are:
~177lbs Bodyweight
D: 335
S: 265
B: 225

Welcome...I made the same transition from bb'ing to powerlifting...I love it...glad you're here.

JHo

MonsterLeopard
05-28-14, 2:05 pm
Welcome...I made the same transition from bb'ing to powerlifting...I love it...glad you're here.

JHo

Thanks for the reply! It's always great to receive a reply from the pros... Last week I watched "Fighting that imaginary friend" before hitting the bench., and all I can say is "wow, incredible job." I am so glad to be here and be a part of this amazing family.

Cheers

AodhanBoulder
05-31-14, 10:25 am
Glad you're here...how'd the meet go?

JHo

Thanks!

it went ok, I wasn't really expecting big things and just took it as it came, I PR'ed on Bench, hitting a 100kg/220lbs which has been a sticking point for me for a while! so that was pretty good. Squat and deadliest both came in 2.5kg under my PR's at 152.5kg squat and a 167.5kg deadlift. overall I was pretty happy with the performance. Heres a link to my training log, there's also a link through to my youtube vid of the meet.

training log;

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42633-Boulder-Diary

meet vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDoaQK-ZeDU&feature=youtu.be

thanks,
Boulder.

StandardGinger
06-03-14, 4:59 am
Morning guys!

I'm from the UK (north-west England), just turned 18 about 5 weeks ago. Been training properly to get that "strength foundation" everybody talks about for about 8-9 months, bits of linear progression and a side affair with 5/3/1...then linear progression called and said it wanted it gains back :S So, that's where I am now, finished school and taking my final A-level exams before going off to Uni to study Mechanical Engineering this Autumn. In my short time in the weights room I haven't really decided what I want to pursue but for now I'm just focused on getting stronger and learning as much as I can...which is why I joined this here FORUM!

For the record, lifts at 78kg BW are :

Bench : 90kg
Squat : 125kg
Deadlift : Still sorting form out, can't max out really :(

Cheers, Cam the StandardGinger

Lethall105
06-03-14, 7:56 am
Morning guys!

I'm from the UK (north-west England), just turned 18 about 5 weeks ago. Been training properly to get that "strength foundation" everybody talks about for about 8-9 months, bits of linear progression and a side affair with 5/3/1...then linear progression called and said it wanted it gains back :S So, that's where I am now, finished school and taking my final A-level exams before going off to Uni to study Mechanical Engineering this Autumn. In my short time in the weights room I haven't really decided what I want to pursue but for now I'm just focused on getting stronger and learning as much as I can...which is why I joined this here FORUM!

Yo, welcome Cam, which uni are you going to? Am at Newcastle doing Civil Engineering

StandardGinger
06-03-14, 8:52 am
Yo, welcome Cam, which uni are you going to? Am at Newcastle doing Civil Engineering

Cheers mate, i've firmed Bristol so as long as I get the grades that's where I'm going :) Applied to Newcastle but they came back with the same offer as Bristol and I prefer Bristol to be honest. Which year you in?

vvelasco95
06-05-14, 5:28 pm
Hey everyone. Like the title says, I'm really really new to this. First forum ever and it's the FORVM! Well to introduce myself, I'm 24 and woke up this morning at 180.0 standing at 5'5.5" and I've been a serious lifter since 2011, but started messing with weights since 2009. I've recently decided to dedicate myself to powerlifting and I want to compete sometime late Fall, early Winter to really work on myself since wanting to do powerlifting. I also want to do physique because I'm just built smaller but just try it out. So yea that's a little summary of me I guess. I'm gonna try and browse the forum to see what's here and maybe get some insight in stuff to help me out. I have some knowledge and I already know what program I want to do but tips here and there are very helpful and I look for things like that everyday in not just training, but nutrition, and supplementation.

Also forgot to mention I'm from El Paso, Texas and for those who don't know that's basically the little western tip of Texas off the border of Mexico and New Mexico. I don't know if this is where I should put stats but I guess if anyone cares then I guess just ask and I'll let you know.

JHOORNSTRA
06-08-14, 2:10 pm
Thanks for the reply! It's always great to receive a reply from the pros... Last week I watched "Fighting that imaginary friend" before hitting the bench., and all I can say is "wow, incredible job." I am so glad to be here and be a part of this amazing family.

Cheers

Right on, glad you liked it.

JHOORNSTRA
06-08-14, 2:11 pm
Thanks!

it went ok, I wasn't really expecting big things and just took it as it came, I PR'ed on Bench, hitting a 100kg/220lbs which has been a sticking point for me for a while! so that was pretty good. Squat and deadliest both came in 2.5kg under my PR's at 152.5kg squat and a 167.5kg deadlift. overall I was pretty happy with the performance. Heres a link to my training log, there's also a link through to my youtube vid of the meet.

training log;

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42633-Boulder-Diary

meet vid;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDoaQK-ZeDU&feature=youtu.be

thanks,
Boulder.

Right on, congrats...only up from here on out too...

JHOORNSTRA
06-08-14, 2:12 pm
Morning guys!

Welcome, glad to have ya here.

JHOORNSTRA
06-08-14, 2:13 pm
Hey everyone. Like the title says, I'm really really new to this. First forum ever and it's the FORVM! Well to introduce myself, I'm 24 and woke up this morning at 180.0 standing at 5'5.5" and I've been a serious lifter since 2011, but started messing with weights since 2009. I've recently decided to dedicate myself to powerlifting and I want to compete sometime late Fall, early Winter to really work on myself since wanting to do powerlifting. I also want to do physique because I'm just built smaller but just try it out. So yea that's a little summary of me I guess. I'm gonna try and browse the forum to see what's here and maybe get some insight in stuff to help me out. I have some knowledge and I already know what program I want to do but tips here and there are very helpful and I look for things like that everyday in not just training, but nutrition, and supplementation.

Also forgot to mention I'm from El Paso, Texas and for those who don't know that's basically the little western tip of Texas off the border of Mexico and New Mexico. I don't know if this is where I should put stats but I guess if anyone cares then I guess just ask and I'll let you know.

Welcome, glad you made it here first. I know there's a pretty big show in TX I along with a few other athletes will be at July 12th...not sure where but not like Texas is big....haha...welcome again.

Lethall105
06-08-14, 4:34 pm
Cheers mate, i've firmed Bristol so as long as I get the grades that's where I'm going :) Applied to Newcastle but they came back with the same offer as Bristol and I prefer Bristol to be honest. Which year you in?

Going to be going into 3rd year come September. Fair enough, Bristol is definitely a good uni for mech eng. Good luck with your grades pal!

kieranchambers
06-10-14, 10:27 am
Hi fellas I'm kieran I'm 16 years old and only been training for 3 years but only trained with consistency for about 8-10 months currently training for powerlifting as I have my first meet at the end of this month. Here to learn and better myself

weightsb4dates
06-13-14, 12:00 pm
Names Anthony,im currently 23 years old. ive been into bodybuilding since i was 16, and training seriously since 2010, my current goal is to hit the amature stage within the next 6 months to a year, however im in no rush id rather compete for a win, than just to "get my feet wet". i joined this forum looking for like minded people who can help, and motivate me. i hope to bring to the table as much as i take away, if not more. i look forward to the insight i will gain here.

ChaseMillard
06-13-14, 1:16 pm
What's up everyone!!! My name is Chase. I am 29 years old, father of 3, soon to be 4 kids. I've had a roller coaster journey when it comes to weight lifting and fitness. I got into lifting at age 14 as a football player. Lifted hardcore til about age 21. At that time I was 205 lbs w/ a 405 bench and 500 lb squat. I got married in 06 and we had our first child shortly there after. My focus went from fitness to parenting. I could not balance the two. I let myself go and wasted 7 years. There were many failed attempts to get back into the lifting world during that time. Last summer, I found myself at around 255 lbs. I was disgusted with myself. Something finally clicked and I got my ass back in the gym for good. From August to December 2013, I dropped down to 200 lbs and had regained my love of lifting, but was still around 18% body fat. Since then I have been slowly adding mass back on while continuing to shed fat. I am now 200 lbs @ about 12%. My bench is back up to 340, and my squat is growing. I have not maxed, but I set a near-term PR for 8 reps in my last leg workout hitting 315 for 8. I am happy with with progress and am hungry for more. While I am no beginner, I consider myself a life-long student of bodybuilding and everything that goes with it. I look forward to learning from everyone here and also sharing whatever knowledge I have.

ALPHA
06-13-14, 3:54 pm
Hello fellow Animals, my name is Leo, live in Chicago. Currently training for powerlifting and it's only been less than a year. I have a background of breakdancing as my sport. I started lifting weight 2013 Spring. And I found out about powerlifting in Feb 2014, my PR recorded then was 275/225/405(lb) with the terrible forms at bodyweight of 173. But since then I researched and practiced by looking at people such as Dan 'BOSS' Green, my recent PR in May 2014 was 385/295/425(lb) at bodyweight 187. My first competition is on August 16th USPA fed in IL. I am planning to compete in 181 body weight class. I was training alone with program I researched and then I introduced powerlifting to people in my gym and now one girl in my gym is going to competing with me in her weight class junior 123lb class. I wish to learn a lot more about powerlifting from this forum and if there is any chance of meeting fellow Animals, I am open to meet anyone and learn from you guys. And I am open to share my information and knowledge that I collected throughout my training to others as well. I am currently posting the articles from various websites that I find helpful to me on http://barbellplayground.com (FB: http://facebook.com/barbellplayground) if anyone needs it. And I wish to get my personal training certificate and teach people about powerlifting. So I can break people's stereotype of powerlifting that it's dangerous and only big people do it.

PS. My ultimate goal for my powerlifting is getting 1600+ total in 181 weight class. So whoever is on the top 50 for 181 class. I am coming for you one by one. >:3

DaGOAT
06-15-14, 5:09 pm
Hi All,

Just signed up, name is Ian from Ireland. Getting into powerlifting after getting into the gym last summer. Wanted to take gym more seriously and found out more about powerlifting through a great personal trainer I hired. A fluke.

I've not done much in the gym besides bro science stuff. I'm formerly a semi pro basketball player.

Stats so far as I begin this journey

Bench 112.5kg
Deadlift 170kg x3
Squat 140kg x 3.

Feel I'm easily stronger than my stats so far. Work has impacted the last few weeks but busy season is over so i more time to commit. Also have a newborn baby of 6 weeks. Hopefully this forum helps me stay motivated.

I'm shy of 260lbs and 6"7". 30 years old.

ParkerT
06-17-14, 11:22 pm
What's goin' on, guys. My name is Parker; I'm a couple months away from turning 19 and a sophomore in college. Born and raised in Wichita, KS... not too much around here when it comes to bodybuilding/powerlifting. I started powerlifting about a year ago when I first got that badass feeling from lifting something I considered "heavy as hell". Right now I'm getting ready for the IPF world meet in Vegas in November, where I'm gonna try and total 1500 in the Teen 198lb division.

Current PRs:

Bench: 355lb(a few weeks old)
Squat: 515lb(before I transitioned to low bar a few months ago)
Deadlift: 535lb(few months ago)

Lookin' forward to gaining a lot of knowledge and advice over the Forum!

MarkJones
06-19-14, 1:58 am
Hey well im Mark Jones, I am in the US Army, been in for about 8 years. I am currently living in Missouri at Fort Leonard Wood. I am in instructor for Corrections specialist. I have worked in Prisons all over the world with my job and now i am training the future. I got into powerlifting because when i was a young soldier i was selected as a gunner for a Personal Security Detatchment while deployed to IRAQ. The .50 Caliber Machine Gun was just a bit heavy for my 150lb frame. so i had to get bigger so i began overseas.

Been training 7 years now and have completed Certifications courses through ISSA and am pursuing my Degree in Exercise Science. One Day i plan to be a top level competitor with the sport of powerlifting and hopefully total close to 2000 one day. But if not ill have fun while i train.

Current PRs are

Squat:585 about 9 months ago took time off squats for military competitions, i had to run alot.
Bench:385 recent
Deadlift:585 also recent but just hit 555 for 2 today so i forsee that going up.. Ill keep you all posted ...

Take care

danbrooks56
06-19-14, 9:49 am
What up... 41yr old 220lb lifter from Little Rock... Born and raised in Providence... Lifted in high school for football... Did some powerlifting from 20 to 25 years old... Got married blah blah blah... Love my wife and little girl (9 yrs)... Anyway we went to Disney I'm @ like 280lbs 5'8" a fat ass... Couldn't make it all way around Epcot... Soon as we got back home I dusted off the garage and went to work... 9 months later I did SPF meet @220lbs totaled 1405 and the resurrection began... Powerlifting keeps me focused on living healthy, being strong... That carries over to everyday life !! Getting ready for first National meet on July 19th in training I'm right around 1500 to 1510 total... Anyway love following the Animal videos (Richard and Garrett)... Been using several products from paks44 to real gains... Always feel satisfied... Good luck to everybody and Thanks for accepting me... Look forward to reading and posting more...

jose383
06-19-14, 12:51 pm
I'm from Waukegan, IL outside of Chicago. I'm a teen powerlifter. 6'2 and 280lbs. Lets see what this forum has to offer!

mitchellbrown
06-19-14, 3:28 pm
Whats good,
My name is Mitch, I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I Currently live in Niagara Falls. I've been lifting for 5 years since I was 15, just bouncing around between body building, powerlifting and athletic training. I played football at the university level, so my main mentality was speed, strength and mobility. I decided to give up football because of a conflict of interest with the University program I was in and found a home in powerlifting ever since.

I am a '94, bounce between 240 and 255 and have some respectable numbers, but I am MILES from where I want to be.
I squat 465 raw, dead 565 raw (but recently switched to sump, so I'll see how that goes) and bench around 325 paused (I'm maxing out next week so I'm hoping for around 345 PR)

I've been bit by the iron bug fella's. Stumbled upon the animal brotherhood and don't plan on looking back.
See you around the FORVM gentlemen,
Mitch

Disciple-Jay
06-19-14, 4:06 pm
Yoooo, Jay here, just an Old School gym rat. I don't join many forums, don't even have a FB, Twitter or Instagram. I'm a bit to personal for that stuff these days. But this is Animal and I wanted be a part of it. I got into Animal because I follow Brandon Lilly, Dude is awesome. All the guys who are a part of Animal are just awesome from what I can see from my distance, so ya, that is the reason I wanted to join the site. Ohhhh, and GO STEELERS!

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:17 pm
Hi fellas I'm kieran I'm 16 years old and only been training for 3 years but only trained with consistency for about 8-10 months currently training for powerlifting as I have my first meet at the end of this month. Here to learn and better myself

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:19 pm
Names Anthony,im currently 23 years old. ive been into bodybuilding since i was 16, and training seriously since 2010, my current goal is to hit the amature stage within the next 6 months to a year, however im in no rush id rather compete for a win, than just to "get my feet wet". i joined this forum looking for like minded people who can help, and motivate me. i hope to bring to the table as much as i take away, if not more. i look forward to the insight i will gain here.

Glad you're here. Don't be afraid to jump into one though, if we all waited until we were happy with where we were, no one would ever compete. Good luck.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:22 pm
What's up everyone!!! My name is Chase. I am 29 years old, father of 3, soon to be 4 kids. I've had a roller coaster journey when it comes to weight lifting and fitness. I got into lifting at age 14 as a football player. Lifted hardcore til about age 21. At that time I was 205 lbs w/ a 405 bench and 500 lb squat. I got married in 06 and we had our first child shortly there after. My focus went from fitness to parenting. I could not balance the two. I let myself go and wasted 7 years. There were many failed attempts to get back into the lifting world during that time. Last summer, I found myself at around 255 lbs. I was disgusted with myself. Something finally clicked and I got my ass back in the gym for good. From August to December 2013, I dropped down to 200 lbs and had regained my love of lifting, but was still around 18% body fat. Since then I have been slowly adding mass back on while continuing to shed fat. I am now 200 lbs @ about 12%. My bench is back up to 340, and my squat is growing. I have not maxed, but I set a near-term PR for 8 reps in my last leg workout hitting 315 for 8. I am happy with with progress and am hungry for more. While I am no beginner, I consider myself a life-long student of bodybuilding and everything that goes with it. I look forward to learning from everyone here and also sharing whatever knowledge I have.

Hey, glad you made it here. Congrats on the soon to come kid, also glad you seemed to find balance between parenting and lifting as well. It will come back as I'm sure you know and are proof of. Welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:23 pm
Hello fellow Animals, my name is Leo, live in Chicago. Currently training for powerlifting and it's only been less than a year. I have a background of breakdancing as my sport. I started lifting weight 2013 Spring. And I found out about powerlifting in Feb 2014, my PR recorded then was 275/225/405(lb) with the terrible forms at bodyweight of 173. But since then I researched and practiced by looking at people such as Dan 'BOSS' Green, my recent PR in May 2014 was 385/295/425(lb) at bodyweight 187. My first competition is on August 16th USPA fed in IL. I am planning to compete in 181 body weight class. I was training alone with program I researched and then I introduced powerlifting to people in my gym and now one girl in my gym is going to competing with me in her weight class junior 123lb class. I wish to learn a lot more about powerlifting from this forum and if there is any chance of meeting fellow Animals, I am open to meet anyone and learn from you guys. And I am open to share my information and knowledge that I collected throughout my training to others as well. I am currently posting the articles from various websites that I find helpful to me on http://barbellplayground.com (FB: http://facebook.com/barbellplayground) if anyone needs it. And I wish to get my personal training certificate and teach people about powerlifting. So I can break people's stereotype of powerlifting that it's dangerous and only big people do it.

PS. My ultimate goal for my powerlifting is getting 1600+ total in 181 weight class. So whoever is on the top 50 for 181 class. I am coming for you one by one. >:3

Welcome, glad to hear you got the passion. It's a good sport with a lot of good guys.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:25 pm
Hi All,

Just signed up, name is Ian from Ireland. Getting into powerlifting after getting into the gym last summer. Wanted to take gym more seriously and found out more about powerlifting through a great personal trainer I hired. A fluke.

I've not done much in the gym besides bro science stuff. I'm formerly a semi pro basketball player.

Stats so far as I begin this journey

Bench 112.5kg
Deadlift 170kg x3
Squat 140kg x 3.

Feel I'm easily stronger than my stats so far. Work has impacted the last few weeks but busy season is over so i more time to commit. Also have a newborn baby of 6 weeks. Hopefully this forum helps me stay motivated.

I'm shy of 260lbs and 6"7". 30 years old.

Congrats on the new baby, nothing better in life than raising them and watching them grow and it happens fast. Mine are slightly older with 9 and 14 months but it goes by quick. Glad you made it here, lots of motivation when needed.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:26 pm
What's goin' on, guys. My name is Parker; I'm a couple months away from turning 19 and a sophomore in college. Born and raised in Wichita, KS... not too much around here when it comes to bodybuilding/powerlifting. I started powerlifting about a year ago when I first got that badass feeling from lifting something I considered "heavy as hell". Right now I'm getting ready for the IPF world meet in Vegas in November, where I'm gonna try and total 1500 in the Teen 198lb division.

Current PRs:

Bench: 355lb(a few weeks old)
Squat: 515lb(before I transitioned to low bar a few months ago)
Deadlift: 535lb(few months ago)

Lookin' forward to gaining a lot of knowledge and advice over the Forum!

Welcome, good luck in Vegas.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:27 pm
Hey well im Mark Jones, I am in the US Army, been in for about 8 years. I am currently living in Missouri at Fort Leonard Wood. I am in instructor for Corrections specialist. I have worked in Prisons all over the world with my job and now i am training the future. I got into powerlifting because when i was a young soldier i was selected as a gunner for a Personal Security Detatchment while deployed to IRAQ. The .50 Caliber Machine Gun was just a bit heavy for my 150lb frame. so i had to get bigger so i began overseas.

Been training 7 years now and have completed Certifications courses through ISSA and am pursuing my Degree in Exercise Science. One Day i plan to be a top level competitor with the sport of powerlifting and hopefully total close to 2000 one day. But if not ill have fun while i train.

Current PRs are

Squat:585 about 9 months ago took time off squats for military competitions, i had to run alot.
Bench:385 recent
Deadlift:585 also recent but just hit 555 for 2 today so i forsee that going up.. Ill keep you all posted ...

Take care

Thanks for your service. Go get your 2000...nothing stopping you. Good luck.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:28 pm
What up... 41yr old 220lb lifter from Little Rock... Born and raised in Providence... Lifted in high school for football... Did some powerlifting from 20 to 25 years old... Got married blah blah blah... Love my wife and little girl (9 yrs)... Anyway we went to Disney I'm @ like 280lbs 5'8" a fat ass... Couldn't make it all way around Epcot... Soon as we got back home I dusted off the garage and went to work... 9 months later I did SPF meet @220lbs totaled 1405 and the resurrection began... Powerlifting keeps me focused on living healthy, being strong... That carries over to everyday life !! Getting ready for first National meet on July 19th in training I'm right around 1500 to 1510 total... Anyway love following the Animal videos (Richard and Garrett)... Been using several products from paks44 to real gains... Always feel satisfied... Good luck to everybody and Thanks for accepting me... Look forward to reading and posting more...

Welcome, glad you got back into it, good to have you here.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:28 pm
I'm from Waukegan, IL outside of Chicago. I'm a teen powerlifter. 6'2 and 280lbs. Lets see what this forum has to offer!

It has lots, look around and you'll always find something new. Welcome.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:29 pm
Whats good,
My name is Mitch, I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I Currently live in Niagara Falls. I've been lifting for 5 years since I was 15, just bouncing around between body building, powerlifting and athletic training. I played football at the university level, so my main mentality was speed, strength and mobility. I decided to give up football because of a conflict of interest with the University program I was in and found a home in powerlifting ever since.

I am a '94, bounce between 240 and 255 and have some respectable numbers, but I am MILES from where I want to be.
I squat 465 raw, dead 565 raw (but recently switched to sump, so I'll see how that goes) and bench around 325 paused (I'm maxing out next week so I'm hoping for around 345 PR)

I've been bit by the iron bug fella's. Stumbled upon the animal brotherhood and don't plan on looking back.
See you around the FORVM gentlemen,
Mitch

Glad to hear you got the bug...welcome to the board.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-20-14, 2:30 pm
Yoooo, Jay here, just an Old School gym rat. I don't join many forums, don't even have a FB, Twitter or Instagram. I'm a bit to personal for that stuff these days. But this is Animal and I wanted be a part of it. I got into Animal because I follow Brandon Lilly, Dude is awesome. All the guys who are a part of Animal are just awesome from what I can see from my distance, so ya, that is the reason I wanted to join the site. Ohhhh, and GO STEELERS!

Welcome...yeah Brandon is a good guy. Glad to have ya here.

JHo

Badge
06-20-14, 4:28 pm
Hey there guys I'm Badge, I'm 28, English and love the iron game! I've been 'training' for about 6 or 7 years, on and off, but have become more serious in the last 2 or so. I'm here because Animal seem like a company that really cares about their athletes and also care about helping guys like me get the help and advice that can really benefit their training! I love powerlifting and hope to one day compete, when i get my numbers up first! Inabit, Badge!

BeastInc
06-21-14, 1:02 pm
Afternoon Fellas!

Name's Casey.
I'm 23 years old, currently living in small town, central Michigan.

Served 4 years in the USMC from '09-'13, including 1 tour of Afghanistan back in '11.
Honorably discharged and currently working at a local furniture store as a sales rep, while I pursue my Master's degree in Health Information Systems Management.

I'm also an aspiring physique competitor, and am currently training for my first show in the 2015 season.

MikeD
06-24-14, 8:48 am
What's up guys. I'm Mike, 22 years old from PA. Been taking my lifting seriously for about 2 years now and can't get enough of it. I'm on the mission now to try to put on lean mass. I'm 5'9 about 162lbs right now. When I first started lifting a couple years ago I was a chubby 185 with no real muscle. Since I've changed my lifestyle and started training seriously, there's been no looking back. Psyched to be on here and looking forward to learning all I can from everyone.

anthony"lil guy" shelton
06-24-14, 10:28 am
Hey fellas welcome to The Forvm at Animalpak.com. Start off by telling us something about yourself—what you do, your interests, how you got into this game... Something that will give us insight into who you are.

Here's the lowdown on J-Dawg...
My role in The Forvm will be kinda like a captain. If you have any issues or problems that you run into, any questions, start with The Henchmen and work your way up to The Watchmen. If you still have a problem, get in touch with me.

For me it is a great honor to be a part of such a noble undertaking. I'm proud of every member of The Legion who make up this great forum, this place we call home, The Forvm.
Whats up j dawg im anthony"lil guy"shelton im 6 ft 285 bench 395, squat 545, deadlift 605 I work as a cook as my main job and inhave kidss, wife etc so my training is i get it in when I can im in allentown, pa so im hoping for another abc in the area soon.been lifting for about 10 years on and off didnt take it to serious till about 2 years ago but thats just a basic run down of me very humble guy till the wrist wraps are on!!

DHBAKER15
06-24-14, 10:40 pm
Been a member of the forum for a long time, but never posted much and haven't been up here in a while. 22 years old from North Carolina. Been training for almost 9 years. My main passion is bodybuilding and I love the lifestyle, but to change things up a bit I've started to turn my focus more towards powerlifting to give my body a different stimulus. May do my first meet towards the end of the year if all goes well.

DHBAKER15
06-24-14, 10:42 pm
In regards to my previous post, wow it has definitely been a while since I've been up here. My signature still says 17yo and I'm 22.

MG13
06-25-14, 12:14 pm
Hey Animals out there,

I´m from Germany and I´m very proud to be a member of this forum now. It`s great to be here. I`m looking forward to get lots of great information about our sport here.

See you guys!

DerekS_MEP
06-25-14, 8:28 pm
My name is Derek, I'm 30 years old and from Charlotte, NC and just recently got in to Powerlifting.

I love making videos, I have a small project on the side called Metal Empire Productions and I try to do a lot of weightlifting, powerlifting and crossfit videos and help grow the sports.
I'm super stoked to learn more about powerlifting and contribute to the forum and be a part of this!

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 9:58 am
Hey there guys I'm Badge, I'm 28, English and love the iron game! I've been 'training' for about 6 or 7 years, on and off, but have become more serious in the last 2 or so. I'm here because Animal seem like a company that really cares about their athletes and also care about helping guys like me get the help and advice that can really benefit their training! I love powerlifting and hope to one day compete, when i get my numbers up first! Inabit, Badge!

Welcome..you nailed it, they truly do care. Glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 9:59 am
Afternoon Fellas!

Name's Casey.
I'm 23 years old, currently living in small town, central Michigan.

Served 4 years in the USMC from '09-'13, including 1 tour of Afghanistan back in '11.
Honorably discharged and currently working at a local furniture store as a sales rep, while I pursue my Master's degree in Health Information Systems Management.

I'm also an aspiring physique competitor, and am currently training for my first show in the 2015 season.

Welcome, thanks for serving...good luck with your degree.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 10:00 am
What's up guys. I'm Mike, 22 years old from PA. Been taking my lifting seriously for about 2 years now and can't get enough of it. I'm on the mission now to try to put on lean mass. I'm 5'9 about 162lbs right now. When I first started lifting a couple years ago I was a chubby 185 with no real muscle. Since I've changed my lifestyle and started training seriously, there's been no looking back. Psyched to be on here and looking forward to learning all I can from everyone.

Welcome to the board, glad you made a change for yourself.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 10:02 am
Whats up j dawg im anthony"lil guy"shelton im 6 ft 285 bench 395, squat 545, deadlift 605 I work as a cook as my main job and inhave kidss, wife etc so my training is i get it in when I can im in allentown, pa so im hoping for another abc in the area soon.been lifting for about 10 years on and off didnt take it to serious till about 2 years ago but thats just a basic run down of me very humble guy till the wrist wraps are on!!

Welcome, I was just up with animalpak in Allentown doing a video...they definitely have them there from time to time. There's a good gym, I forgot the name of it but it's right next to train tracks that run all...damn...day...plenty here that know more about it but I'm sure there will be another one there soon.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 10:03 am
Been a member of the forum for a long time, but never posted much and haven't been up here in a while. 22 years old from North Carolina. Been training for almost 9 years. My main passion is bodybuilding and I love the lifestyle, but to change things up a bit I've started to turn my focus more towards powerlifting to give my body a different stimulus. May do my first meet towards the end of the year if all goes well.

Welcome, good luck with the change...I made it and loved it.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 10:04 am
Hey Animals out there,

I´m from Germany and I´m very proud to be a member of this forum now. It`s great to be here. I`m looking forward to get lots of great information about our sport here.

See you guys!

Welcome...glad to have ya here...plenty of info for everyone...good luck in the game today.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 10:05 am
My name is Derek, I'm 30 years old and from Charlotte, NC and just recently got in to Powerlifting.

I love making videos, I have a small project on the side called Metal Empire Productions and I try to do a lot of weightlifting, powerlifting and crossfit videos and help grow the sports.
I'm super stoked to learn more about powerlifting and contribute to the forum and be a part of this!

Welcome, glad you got the passion.

JHo

NickySkins
06-26-14, 11:48 am
Hey fellas welcome to The Forvm at Animalpak.com. Start off by telling us something about yourself—what you do, your interests, how you got into this game... Something that will give us insight into who you are.

My role in The Forvm will be kinda like a captain. If you have any issues or problems that you run into, any questions, start with The Henchmen and work your way up to The Watchmen. If you still have a problem, get in touch with me.

For me it is a great honor to be a part of such a noble undertaking. I'm proud of every member of The Legion who make up this great forum, this place we call home, The Forvm.

What's up guys? My name is Nick and iam from North Jersey. I love the iron game and I love Animal. Match made in heaven.

NickySkins
06-26-14, 11:49 am
What's up guys? My name is Nick and iam from North Jersey. I love the iron game and I love Animal. Match made in heaven.

Also, how do I reply without quieting someone's thread?

NickySkins
06-26-14, 11:57 am
I figured it out

NickySkins
06-26-14, 11:59 am
Like I was saying n name is Nick and I am from north Jersey next to the Meadowlands. I am 36 and have been lifting since I was about 11 years old. I've just started to power lift and I am loving it.

Eddie _E
06-26-14, 1:04 pm
Names Ed from Norco, Ca I've been lifting since HS football in 2002. After HS I got into strongman/powerlifting style training. 07-09 I got into some amateur strongman comps, won a few lost a bunch until my knees became a wreck. I had to lay off the weights so I got into BJJ and muay thai for about 2 years. And then I stopped training and became lazy for a full year and ballooned up to 287. In Dec 2012 I decide to get back into training. Lost 50 lbs. And got back into powerlifting style training about 4 months ago. When I tried DL then, I could only rack deadlift 25 lb plates on racks. Now I'm doing 420 x 5. It's no comp lift but it's a big step from what I use to be. I hope to reach the platform someday. Hope I can get some good workouts with some peeps on this forum.

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 3:48 pm
Like I was saying n name is Nick and I am from north Jersey next to the Meadowlands. I am 36 and have been lifting since I was about 11 years old. I've just started to power lift and I am loving it.

Welcome man, you've been in it longer than me, that's awesome. I just started my son and he loves it, I wish I started that early...glad to have ya.

JHo

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 3:49 pm
Names Ed from Norco, Ca I've been lifting since HS football in 2002. After HS I got into strongman/powerlifting style training. 07-09 I got into some amateur strongman comps, won a few lost a bunch until my knees became a wreck. I had to lay off the weights so I got into BJJ and muay thai for about 2 years. And then I stopped training and became lazy for a full year and ballooned up to 287. In Dec 2012 I decide to get back into training. Lost 50 lbs. And got back into powerlifting style training about 4 months ago. When I tried DL then, I could only rack deadlift 25 lb plates on racks. Now I'm doing 420 x 5. It's no comp lift but it's a big step from what I use to be. I hope to reach the platform someday. Hope I can get some good workouts with some peeps on this forum.

Welcome man, good luck, injuries suck. Keep at it.

JHo

svespie
06-26-14, 6:53 pm
Hey Everyone. My name is Stan and I'm obese. I just recently started to exercise consistently and I found myself here. I joined because I love the culture and I'm done making excuses.

JHOORNSTRA
06-26-14, 8:08 pm
Hey Everyone. My name is Stan and I'm obese. I just recently started to exercise consistently and I found myself here. I joined because I love the culture and I'm done making excuses.

You're getting started in the right place. Welcome to the board.

JHo

DeadlyDuck
06-27-14, 12:43 pm
Hey guys, Duck here. I'm in Illinois 25 years old, 160 pounds with about 20% body fat and finishing up nursing school. Complete novice and wanting to get serious. Started lifting about 2 months ago and recently came across the getting big videos and the cage Brotherhood video on the Animal page, which really inspired me. I hope to learn a lot from you guys, get big, and maybe one day compete and workout with some of you.

Lowdown5
06-28-14, 12:58 am
Some of you may remember me, many never heard the name. Used to be on here a lot, fell off the Animal wagon and my life descended into a really dark place after life kicked my ass. But I survived it all, came out on the bright side of it and honest to God, life is good and getting better.

I'll be stopping by, maybe even starting a journey up again and hopefully see some familiar faces along the way.

Later!!

LD5

deanna7272
06-28-14, 1:21 am
Some of you may remember me, many never heard the name. Used to be on here a lot, fell off the Animal wagon and my life descended into a really dark place after life kicked my ass. But I survived it all, came out on the bright side of it and honest to God, life is good and getting better.

I'll be stopping by, maybe even starting a journey up again and hopefully see some familiar faces along the way.

Later!!

LD5

Well, looky here.... You MAY or MAY NOT believe me, but I spent (at least) an hour searching for you online a couple weeks ago!!! Glad to see that you are "back"... You were a such a pillar for me when I started this crazy life and helped me find "me" when at times, I didn't now which way was up... I hope you can also find your strength within these "pages" ... again...

Welcome back LD5... Keep fighting the good fight brother!!!!

Lowdown5
06-28-14, 1:43 am
Well, looky here.... You MAY or MAY NOT believe me, but I spent (at least) an hour searching for you online a couple weeks ago!!! Glad to see that you are "back"... You were a such a pillar for me when I started this crazy life and helped me find "me" when at times, I didn't now which way was up... I hope you can also find your strength within these "pages" ... again...

Welcome back LD5... Keep fighting the good fight brother!!!!

Hello D, good to see you still doing battle! Looking for me huh, glad tonight you found me. It has been a hard road to get back to this place, life has no mercy at times but I do believe we make our own destiny. Still fighting my demons but have not let them win even one skirmish, still clean and sober. Have a brand new love in my life and 2 welcomed additions that came with her. Family my dear, we are blessed or cursed with them. Got a big dose of blessing with this one.

I hope you are doing well, I've missed you and the positive attitude you have. I will see you around here for sure.

Later!!

LD5

Striker94
07-01-14, 9:59 am
I'm new to powerlifting, but not lifting been lifting since I was 15, I'm 19 now. In the almost 5 years I have been lifting, I have had two surgeries, after both I was basically back to square one...132 pounds weak as crap. However, I have loved the iron more than most things in my life because no matter what its always there and its always going to be heavy, theres no limit to the amount of weight you can add. This year is 2 years out from my last surgery, and I must say I have come along way, 160 pounds 4% body fat, and the strongest I have ever been. My first powerlifting meet is this august, and I am hoping to total over 1100@165, hope this will be a start to a long journey of competing.

JHelms
07-01-14, 2:53 pm
whats up guys, J.Helms here from the Big GA!! been lifting solid for 2 years havent lifted since high school football 9 years ago! when i got back into this i didnt know where i was going with it or what i was doing, but shortly i realized i have an OBSESSION with becoming a strong son of a bitch i eat sleep and breath powerlifting its all i think about, once one week ends in a training cycle my thoughts immediately go to how hard im gonna hit the following week. its crazy ive never been so passionate about something, but ive found powerlifting is my outlet to a positve and productive life and i love it.

-J.helms

BariJDar
07-01-14, 3:43 pm
Whattup bros, I'm Bari. Just turned 21, and I'm from Rockland County, NY. Been in the gym for 5 years, mainly training for Track & Field (Throws) as I was D1 athlete at Stony Brook University, but also some bodybuilding thrown in there. I'm new into powerlifting considering I started getting into it in March/April of this year. My best gym lifts are 500/345/605. Just had me first meet over the weekend. I competed in the 275 weight class, went 9-for-9 with 465/335/640 for squat/bench/dead (New deadlift PR's). Don't really have too much training in the gym, really just been my own thing figuring shit out for the past few months. I'm gonna start The Cube Method in August, after a push/pull meet I'm competing in on August 2nd. Really wanna get my squat and bench up to par with my deadlift, aiming for around 550/385/670 by the end of 2014. The long-term goal is a 2000lb. raw total within the next 2-3 years, then I'll work from there. Any and all advice/wisdom/help is always appreciated.

Feel free to add/contact me here, as well as on instagram & twitter: @BariJDar

Looking forward to getting to know and helping out my fellow brothers

mandingo
07-02-14, 1:56 am
im very happy to be accepted as part of this group, family and forum, my name is Lee holder and im from the republic of panama were weightlifting and bodybuilding is very popular.
ive been training and competing for over 20 years in panama, i love weightlifting a lot more so than bodybuilding just for the sake of support and camaraderie that u find in the sport, its not a road that u walk entirely alone and im very happy to be able to find this place.
i sw the cage documental and i got hook by the philosophy that u guys teach and preach.
in panama the animal brand is very popular and respected, its the only brand i use, but i didnt know of this forum until last week and dare to sign up til now, god bless each and everyone here and once again...thanks for receiving me here, ill do my best to not dissapoint.

christian_
07-02-14, 12:20 pm
Hey everyone,
First and foremost, thanks for approving my application! I decided to join the forums after recently watching "The Cage: Brotherhood" Youtube episodes. I'm looking forward to gaining as much knowledge as I possibly can. I've been "lurking" through the forums and Youtube channel for a few weeks now and am excited to see what else I've been missing out on. Now, a bit about myself.. I grew up as the skinny, 110 lb Filipino kid for most of my youth and was always picked on up through high school. I hope to be able to inspire someone one day as much as you've all begun to inspire me. I didn't begin lifting any sort of weights until my first week of college (I'm a 5th year now). Initially, I was very on-and-off about my training and only recently started to really attempt to hone in on my dogmas and overall perspective on developing myself both physically and mentally. I think that the hardest part for me is seeing so many incredible Animal bros and pros hitting some huge numbers while I'm still struggling to see myself hit anything even remotely close. I know that it's important to understand that each person's journey must begin somewhere, but as I stated earlier, something about the Youtube channels and these forum posts have very much intrigued me. Looking forward to learning more about the ABCs and the overall company and personnel itself. Thanks for your time and consideration in reading this, brothas! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

tldr;
22yrs - Filipino
S: 225
D: 305
B: 185

Looking to better my own strengths with the help of all of you and recently picked up some Animal products! Excited to see where my journey leads me now. Please continue to upload such incredible Youtube content. Your efforts are definitely changing more lives than mine. Thank you again, fellas.

Jaiiyer
07-03-14, 1:11 pm
thanks for accepting me into the Animal Family. I am Jai. Originally from India I moved to Vancouver, Canada for higher education and got hooked onto to lifting. Competed once last year and gonna compete again this year in a bodybuilding show. Universal and Animal as a brand i feel is more about building brotherhood than selling supplements. Wondering if ABC would ever come to Canada?? Hoping it does. Out here to learn and see whats happening with everyones life.

signing off,
J

D: 545
S: 475
B: 275 (my bench sucks. Dont know why??)

Jessejames
07-07-14, 10:36 am
Hey guys,

Names Jesse,

Got into the game 4 years ago, I hail from Ottawa Ontario canada. I'm a 24 year old tattooist been doin that for about the same amount of time as I've been lifting. Currently weighing in at 175 pounds at 5'9 id like to get up to 190 which has proven to be really difficult lately. Any training tips and or diet I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks boys

Jesse

MR. C
07-07-14, 11:06 am
Iam 36 and have been hitting the iron since I was 11 years old. I have switched over to PL recently and I hope to learn from everyone here!

Jaiiyer
07-07-14, 1:02 pm
Hey guys,

Names Jesse,

Got into the game 4 years ago, I hail from Ottawa Ontario canada. I'm a 24 year old tattooist been doin that for about the same amount of time as I've been lifting. Currently weighing in at 175 pounds at 5'9 id like to get up to 190 which has proven to be really difficult lately. Any training tips and or diet I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks boys

Jesse

Hey Jesse,
How much did you weigh when you started? As you have been doing this for four years I feel your training and diet wouldn't be bad. I would say time and patience. Thats gonna help you reach 190.. Eat Big, Eat clean, Lift Big, Lift clean.

cheers
J

MikeyN
07-08-14, 12:33 pm
Hey everybody! The name's Mikey, been doing some type of strength training since I was a small child (thanks Pop). Weight training is something I absolutely love to do...I think I'd go crazy if I wasn't able to grab ahold of a barbell. Did five years in the US Marine Corps, 6174 Huey Crewchief/Aerial Gunner. Did a pump in Iraq, where our "Prison Gym" was the only thing we had to look forward to. I've loved the Animal products for years, the pak being a staple in my supplementation (recently fell in love w/ Flex as well). For the past 18 months, I've taken more of a powerlifting approach to strength training. Deadlifts and Strict OHP's are my newfounded mistresses. I'm at a size I'm fairly happy with, 5'9 - 198lbs - 25yo, so I'm focusing on getting strong as possible while still working athleticism as I want to start playing Rugby again. I'd also like to compete in a powerlifting comp in the fall. I'm not very knowledgeable on the different types of periodization and strength programs, but I'm learning. Using that GI Bill for exercise science. Been working an upper/lower split, 5/3/1 program and been seeing some solid gains. Will need to test my maxes soon. Stoked to be a part of an online community that is committed to self-improvement and excellence.

Squat 405x5
Bench 295x9
Dead 495x3
OHP 185x5

dante
07-08-14, 2:02 pm
Hi everyone, thank you for accepting my application. I have been a lurker for a while and looking forward to participating in the forum. I am a 33yo retired boxer who used to compete on a decent amateur level during my university years. Later I started powerlifting, which I really enjoyed until my injuries (some herniated discs, broken ribs and a few torn muscles around my rotator cuff) began to catch up with me. So I am currently training purely for hypertrophy using a bodybuilding style 5-day split with low weights and high reps to give my body a chance to heal. It´s something I haven´t done before but I am slowly getting used to it and am beginning to like the different challenges that come with it. I am fine with my weight as it is (230lbs at 5ft8) and my next goal would be to loose a little belly fat and improve my posture while maintaining as much muscle as possible. Oh, and English is not my first language, so apologies in advance if I come across a little too verbosely or don´t get colloquialisms.

JetBlackZach
07-08-14, 2:28 pm
Suuup everyone,
Hey guys, glad to be here. Name's Zach, 28 years old, currently living in Washington DC. I've only been seriously training since the spring, but I've been running Starting Strength and seeing solid gains ever since. Played varsity sports through high school, but never was big on strength training. Always was the weakest guy in the room and always resolved to hit the gym and change that but never did. Finally got motivated by some solid bros who brought me under their wings, showed me good form and I haven't looked back since. Can't wait to add to this awesome community in any way I can and get active in a local DC/Northern Virginia ABC or help start one if one doesn't exist.

ChuckETraps
07-09-14, 9:11 am
Hey my name is Chuck and I'm from White Plains, NY. I'm 23 y.o. 6' 210 lb.
For me working out started when I was 15. I wanted to get stronger for baseball. With a lot of fucking around and learning I took to the bodybuilding side of things. I continued this through college all whilst playing D2 ball. After college (Still playing men's league baseball) while working a side job at a pizza shop, a powerlifting co-worker asked me if I wanted to train legs w/ him. Sure why not. Fell in love. The intensity, brutality and camaraderie of powerlifting got me. So in the last 6 months Ive seen my squat go from 315(Belt only)-555(Titan briefs) Bench 285-325(RAW) And Deadlift 405-505(RAW). Also, Did one meet about 4 months ago Wraps Only, 445S 300B 500D. Made improvements since. Took the squat to 505 just wraps until I got into some gear. Its a great time

Huge fan of the animal team and glad to be on the Forvm.

iRdVnt
07-09-14, 5:53 pm
How's it going brothers!

Well what can i say. My names Gerardo(Jerry), or I'm also known as deviant(not for a perverted reason haha). I'm from Los Angeles Cali, Latino. Currently 247LB at 6'6". I'm the very proud father of two beautiful little girls. I currently work for a marketing company as a "marketing rep". I'm just basically a very chill, down to earth type of fellow.

I've only been training for about 10 months. My whole reason for training is that about 6 years ago i contracted the bacteria H-Pylori. After going 4 years without it being treated or diagnosed(stupid doctors could never tell me what was wrong) it pretty much reduced me to nothing.. went from 300LB+ to just over 200. It was finally diagnosed and treated about two years ago. Although it did a number on my digestive system and still wake up like total shit a lot of times. It's been a huge improvement. I am now committed to a healthier life! To strengthening my body beyond the damage the bacteria left behind! To bring back everything it took from me and push even beyond that!

So i look forward to learning a great deal from you fellas, meeting some cool people & progressing in this journey together!

jp_VI
07-10-14, 6:45 pm
Hey Guys!!

Little about myself: i'm 27 years old, Been married to my hot wife for 4 years, have an 8 month old son (who doesn't like when i sleep) at home and I work for a Healthcare corporation in the member relations department. I've been weight training for about 14 years on and off now (freshmen year of HS in 2000-until now) but am a very active person. I've competed in Cycling tours and half marathons and recently rekindled my love for lifting heavy weights.

I lift for the stress relief, the fun and the aggression I can show. My dream job is to work in Civil Service (police or fire) and weight training is just another tool I am using to get to my ultimate goal.

I can't wait to delve deeper into this community and be inspired by all the other animals in here!!

smadayjr
07-11-14, 2:28 am
Just wanted to say what's up, and introduce myself. I'm 6'5, 290lbs and train strictly for powerlifting. I'm just over a week out from uspa nationals in Vegas, where I'll be competing in the classic raw division in the 308 weight class. After that I will be doing the deadlift only event at the Olympia. Most likely get a log going with some more I do about training and all that, as well as an update on how the meet goes.

MrStats
07-11-14, 8:05 am
My name is Nicholas, you guys can call me MrStats!. I am from Singapore and I am Indian. Just turned 18 during December and will be serving in the army in 2015 dammn hyper about it! I am a basketballer and a bodybuilder! I started lifting at 15 to help me overcome my family problems and just to become stronger so that i can protect my family. My friends were big guys who knew a thing or two about lifting with dedication, playing basketball to the extreme and having fun the whole way! they have guided me to who I am. And I look to become better and stronger and continue this beautiful sport until my last breath..
With that, I will like to extend my gratitude to ANIMAL for accepting me into your family!

kohner54
07-11-14, 8:21 am
Whats going on fellas! My name is Matt 25 years old and I live in MN. I am excited to be part of such a great community!

determin8er
07-11-14, 9:17 am
Hello fellas, im Eric!
So happy to become a part of the Animal community.
Im 33 years old and a lil late to the game. But later better than never! Ive been on a strict diet and have lost 60 lbs in the last 5 months. Im now tryin to gain some lean muscle mass. My goal is to become an Animal. I want a six pack I knowbit takes alot of hard work but im willing to put it. This is my first post on the Animal forums. Im goin to get everything applied to account today im filling this out in between sets. Im doin the Arnold blueprint. Im on the 40th day and am seeing some good results. I plan on changing to a different routine app on completion so if anyone has any recommendations id appreciate any help or direction. Thank you.
ive been doin hip hop music my whole life, and would love to make songs and gingles for a company like universal. Im goin to start writing somthing today maybe il make a video and send to you guys or post here. Im very into fitness and think I could make a great partof the promotion side for a good company. Anyways gotta get to my workout but anything you guys can help with would be awesome . Thanks for allowing me to join the forum!

pcdouglas
07-11-14, 9:37 am
Hi all, my name is Phil and I train in Lexington, KY. I am 29 years old and have only been training for a little over a year. I took up training for powerlifting last year because I was tired of looking and feeling the way I did. Training has been life changing for me and has eliminated the pain from some serious arthritis in my back. I am registered to compete in my first meet on September 20th, 220lb single ply in Cincinnati.

rawgust
07-11-14, 9:41 am
hey everyone just started here and 15 years old. I know a decent amount. in the gym ive don a 385 squat, 315 bench, and 345 squat. in a meet @132 i went 305-270-335-910. Look forward to posting here!

John Christy
07-11-14, 9:42 am
Whats up y'all! My name is John, aka "Big John". I am 20 years old and I stand 6'7 and my weight is 315lbs. I am from Columbia, SC where I still live when I am not in college in Charlotte, NC playing football. Been lifting weights since I was a youngin' working on the farm with my Pa. I am an aspiring Strongman where I hope to one day make a name for myself. I am glad to be apart of the ANIMAL community.

-Big John

tenbobby
07-11-14, 9:49 am
Fellas.
I appreciate what everyone is doing here and am excited to be able to join you on your journeys.
I was a skinny kid growing up in Detroit with 3 sisters and was constantly bullied, by them and the neighborhood kids. Got to high school weighing 105 at almost 6 feet tall. Tried boxing and karate but just didn't have the skills. A friend gave me his cheap weight set for my basement and I got hooked. Graduated high school at 175 still 6 foot tall. Started training with the Detroit firefighter tug of war and bench press teams preparing to join the academy. Passed the agility and written tests but was passed over due to high blood pressure. Kept on training with the guys till life took over, job/marriage/kids/divorce. Got full custody of 3 small kids and devoted everything to them. Fast forward to the 2013 at 268 pounds and seeing the dr 5 times a year I decided to get back to my old friend the iron. Been at it for 9 months and just turned 50. I will be using this site for motivation as well as knowledge transfer. LETS HIT IT TOGETHER!

s_moores
07-11-14, 8:23 pm
Hey everyone,

My name is Shawn Moore and I'm 35 years old. I'm from Los Angeles, but I now live in Southwest Florida and am a college professor of English. About a year ago I was at my heaviest, 358, and I just finally got sick of being tired, so I just started walking and then slowly got interested in lifting. I would peruse the forums here looking at training logs and eventually just got addicted to lifting. I'm down to a svelte 290, lol, but I'm much stronger and faster than I ever was before. For the past eight months I've been specifically training for strongman competitions and just competed in my first competition this past May were I placed 3rd in the novice heavyweight division. I'm also interested in competing in powerlifting comps, so I have a push/pull meet I'm doing later in September. I'm working on growing a technical writing and editing business geared at lifters who are interested in writing and publishing their own work, so you could say training has taken over my life. I love Animal and the lifters the brand/company/family represents, so thanks for having me.

TinkerMan
07-14-14, 2:19 pm
Hey y'all,
My names John and I'm a recently graduated college student, with a degree in Health, Wellness and Sport and now coaching with out University's Strength Conditioning program. Im currently in pursuit of becoming a CSCS, and I plan to go to grad-school real soon to get a masters in Exercise Science. You can say that I'm relatively new to the game, I've only been training for almost three years now but I've learned so much in the short amount of time. I soon plan on doing my first bodybuilding competition as soon as I get back home, Rifle colorado, and get things all squared away! Im just a short fella but I'm pretty strong for my size, Im 5'5'' and weight in around 145lbs @ 6% Bodyfat, some of my PR's include: 380lbs Deadlift 2RM, 355lbs Squat 1RM, and a 200lbs Bench 1RM (weakest area due to my shoulder, but I'm making a come back!) Im so glad to be a part of this community and I can't wait to start meeting some of you awesome people in here!

MR. C
07-14-14, 6:11 pm
Hey y'all,
My names John and I'm a recently graduated college student, with a degree in Health, Wellness and Sport and now coaching with out University's Strength Conditioning program. Im currently in pursuit of becoming a CSCS, and I plan to go to grad-school real soon to get a masters in Exercise Science. You can say that I'm relatively new to the game, I've only been training for almost three years now but I've learned so much in the short amount of time. I soon plan on doing my first bodybuilding competition as soon as I get back home, Rifle colorado, and get things all squared away! Im just a short fella but I'm pretty strong for my size, Im 5'5'' and weight in around 145lbs @ 6% Bodyfat, some of my PR's include: 380lbs Deadlift 2RM, 355lbs Squat 1RM, and a 200lbs Bench 1RM (weakest area due to my shoulder, but I'm making a come back!) Im so glad to be a part of this community and I can't wait to start meeting some of you awesome people in here!

What's up brother? This place is awesome! Everyone here is willing to help. I love it.

Chelvid
07-14-14, 7:15 pm
My name is David . I'm 27 and currently 256lbs . I started out around 300lbs at the beginning of this years. I'm always looking for good information on supplements and lifting tips. There is a lot of bad info out there , so I was glad I found this form. Thanks for letting me become a member

VegasSamB
07-16-14, 2:40 am
Hey guys, thanks for accepting me as a member of the community! My name is Sam. I am 18 years old, born and raised in wonderful Las Vegas! I'm a freshman in college majoring in Health Physics. I just recently started training seriously in the gym. I start my journey scrawny and weak but I want to and will push my body to it's limits. I start my journey with plans to compete in physique, while at the same time being as strong as possible. I have always been a weak skinny kid but I am ready to change that. I discovered Animal from its youtube channel and love what Animal does and represents. I joined to gain as much knowledge as I can with hopes of being to contribute knowledge myself once I am experienced.
If anyone comes out to Vegas for the Olympia or vacation or whatever it would be cool meetin you guys

Fabostrong
07-16-14, 6:56 pm
Hey guys. I'm here because I'm a huge animal fan and really into powerlifting. I specialize in bench press in 165lb category. My peak is 440. Now I'm trying to get my deadlift and squat up so what better place to be than here. Maybe I can help some people along the way.

I've been in the army national guard for more than 8 yrs Now. I work in oil and gas full time. I'm from Houston, Texas but currently live in Oklahoma City. Thanks for having me.

Vinnclar
07-16-14, 10:07 pm
Pleasure to be part of a community where we all share somewhat of a common goal.

Im Vinny from Newport News, VA, currently reside in Idaho, currently on my 5th year of my enlistment in the USAF. My involvement in the gym started with my early high school years. However, I didn't start powerlifting till about a year and a half ago. Since starting powerlifting training I have become very serious about it, it's changed my lifestyle for the better. My whole life revolves around training and eating (haha). So far, I have competed in two local USAPL meets, Im rehabbing a old shoulder injury and looking forward to being 100% by the end of the year. Once again, glad to join the ANIMAL community and I look forward to receiving great advice and insight as well as helping others that may need it.

TinkerMan
07-17-14, 2:16 pm
Not much man how you doing!! and i know theres tons of great info here!
What's up brother? This place is awesome! Everyone here is willing to help. I love it.

Hogan
07-17-14, 6:23 pm
Been training for powerlifting for 3 years. Competing for a bit over 2 1/2 years. I lift IPF raw. 189cm tall, 120kg weight class. My weight varies between about 117-122kg depending on where in my training/comp cycle I am. Started with 5/3/1 which is still working so am still with it. I have added in an extra day of front squats so, if all is well, I train 5 days per week cos my squat sucks but seems to be getting there. Me and carbs do not like each other so most of the time I'm on a high fat diet. Party on.

zav
07-17-14, 8:18 pm
Hello. My name is David. I am a 50 year old lifter. I competed in my first powerlifting meet this past May and will compete again 8/9/2014. I am a pastor in Virginia Beach, Virginia and father of 4 grown kids.

Fabostrong
07-18-14, 12:39 am
Hello. My name is David. I am a 50 year old lifter. I competed in my first powerlifting meet this past May and will compete again 8/9/2014. I am a pastor in Virginia Beach, Virginia and father of 4 grown kids.

Nice. Not to say you're old but I always think it's pretty cool to see older people lifting. Welcome to the forum.

shonuff
07-18-14, 1:05 pm
Hey, everybody. Chuck from PA here. Feels awesome to be a part of this community.

Fabostrong
07-18-14, 5:00 pm
Hey, everybody. Chuck from PA here. Feels awesome to be a part of this community.

Nice to have you, broseph.

MR. C
07-18-14, 8:52 pm

This place is great! Enjoy!

ericlaclair
07-21-14, 3:35 am
Hey Eric here, I'm an active duty marine and looking to do some powerlifting meets soon I'v been training for a while but only focusing on powerlifting and strongman for about a year its hard to balance it with military style of training but I'm doing my best to get the numbers up but still be able to run and what no and I'm new so i don't know how every one feels about crossfit here but look forward to the form and the community.

Flex_Thetic
07-21-14, 11:21 am
Sup Broskis! My name is Jose "Flex" from Rhode Island. I got sand kicked on my face and decided to become an animal simple as that haha. I competed in my 1st Mens Physique show at The Europa a few weeks ago where i placed 2nd. And currently aiming for The New England Championships in November. Getting some good advice and pumps at Montanari Powerhouse Gym in CT. I have to say this Animal vibe is awesome!

LadyLore
07-24-14, 6:11 pm
Hello!

I'm Lore, and I'll be competing for my first time this Saturday! My opening lifts will be 215, 115, and 245, in the 114lb weight class! It'll be up on my youtube channel, "Lori Lore."

I came here because I'm a huge fan of Brandon Lilly and heard he hangs out here. That guy breathed the spirit of hope into me that brought me into powerlifting. It might be TMI, but I came from a bad place, a really bad place where I was hopeless and hit rock bottom. Powerlifting has helped me take back the control and build the strength and integrity I needed to make the right choices to be a better person bother spiritually, mentally, and physically. I just wanted to reach out and maybe if Brandon Lilly can read this, man, you saved my life. Your words, your journey, your ups, downs, and battling past unbelievable circumstances, have given me the hope and inspiration to start really living my life. Thank you so very much and God bless you.

Lethall105
07-24-14, 7:18 pm
Hello!

I'm Lore, and I'll be competing for my first time this Saturday! My opening lifts will be 215, 115, and 245, in the 114lb weight class! It'll be up on my youtube channel, "Lori Lore."

I came here because I'm a huge fan of Brandon Lilly and heard he hangs out here. That guy breathed the spirit of hope into me that brought me into powerlifting. It might be TMI, but I came from a bad place, a really bad place where I was hopeless and hit rock bottom. Powerlifting has helped me take back the control and build the strength and integrity I needed to make the right choices to be a better person bother spiritually, mentally, and physically. I just wanted to reach out and maybe if Brandon Lilly can read this, man, you saved my life. Your words, your journey, your ups, downs, and battling past unbelievable circumstances, have given me the hope and inspiration to start really living my life. Thank you so very much and God bless you.

Welcome! You should check out Brandons q/a thread under the "Ask the Animals" section. Good luck in your upcoming meet as well!

All the best
Lethall

Nazarite
07-28-14, 12:19 pm
Sup brudda, big yell out from Wales in the UK. Training to get bigger and meaner so when the runts start knocking for my daughter they'll think twice about treating her wrong HAHA
Love this brand...love the family!

CrimsonGhost
07-28-14, 1:31 pm
New member. Getting back into powerlifting after a layoff and a knee injury. Giving single ply a go this time around. Logging a cycle of the Cube Method and then we will see where I go from there, as I am terrible at keeping up logs.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?42896-Resurrection&p=1381551#post1381551

Uncle Fester
07-29-14, 11:47 am
Yo Fellas,
Uncle Fester is back in the house after a time away from the Animal Site. Still kicking it hard and training strong and hardcore. I haven't missed a beat with training but life throws a lot of curve balls at us. The one thing I discovered is that the weights never ever lie to you...ever.....200 lbs is always 200 lbs. You can either lift it or you can't. It is just that plain and simple. There are no magical tricks here....there are no outlandish training programs here. The philosophy of this site is that hard work conquers all and yeah it is that simple......and it is that special.

Big Al once told me " Show me and I will be impressed, don't tell me".

Train Hard - Train Strong - Train Hardcore

Uncle Fester

Joe Buffback Hardy
08-03-14, 2:39 am
yo people. names joe hardy- i go by buffback. i just got into powerlifting october 2013. i got some pretty solid numbers i like to believe. i compete at 220, im 22yrs of age, and i train at the training center in new castle DE. squat-600, bench-450, deadlift 680. my passion is moving heavy stuff and like any powerlifter out there, im dying to be part of the team and become an "Animal"

Big Al
08-03-14, 4:45 pm
Yo Fellas,
Uncle Fester is back in the house after a time away from the Animal Site. Still kicking it hard and training strong and hardcore. I haven't missed a beat with training but life throws a lot of curve balls at us. The one thing I discovered is that the weights never ever lie to you...ever.....200 lbs is always 200 lbs. You can either lift it or you can't. It is just that plain and simple. There are no magical tricks here....there are no outlandish training programs here. The philosophy of this site is that hard work conquers all and yeah it is that simple......and it is that special.

Big Al once told me " Show me and I will be impressed, don't tell me".

Train Hard - Train Strong - Train Hardcore

Uncle Fester

Good to see you back...

Big Al
08-03-14, 4:47 pm
yo people. names joe hardy- i go by buffback. i just got into powerlifting october 2013. i got some pretty solid numbers i like to believe. i compete at 220, im 22yrs of age, and i train at the training center in new castle DE. squat-600, bench-450, deadlift 680. my passion is moving heavy stuff and like any powerlifter out there, im dying to be part of the team and become an "Animal"

This kid aint no joke. We got some really good young guys coming up out of the dirty De.
Buff is powerlifting but could be a bodybuilder,tons of muscle. And a good guy too.

Uncle Fester
08-04-14, 10:00 am
Good to see you back...
Thanks Al....where are you training these days? Let me know...Maybe I could work in one night....

Uncle Fester

Metfan72
08-08-14, 3:23 am
Hey Brothers/Sisters of Iron.

Just coming back after a couple years away from the gym. Too many bumps/bruises hindered progress and I just got down about it and needed to step away for a bit. Work/family kept me busy, but always missed the Iron.

Always supported and still feel this is where I belong mentally as I only know 1 way to train, HARDCORE.

Highlander
08-12-14, 9:19 pm
What's going on guys, my name is Jason. I am a Scottish Highland Athlete, hence the name Highlander. been doing it for 4 coming up on 5 years this September and been loving it ever since. The Scottish Highland games are a strength sport kind of like strong man. I got involved in this sport by working at the local GNC and just talked to this guy that walked in, asked him questions, he told me he did this and asked if I wanted to come out with him and practice. I practiced with him and that's all she wrote. Doing this sport has also improved my lifts in the gym. I'm always looking for new ways to improve my lifts and my throws. Glad to part of this, ready to learn, and give my input at times

WamBam
08-13-14, 11:06 am
My "name" is WamBam. Thats what they started calling me during my time in the Marine Corps when some shit hit the fan. I slammed a weapon against the wall because it jammed at a very presumably bad time and magically it started working again haha. recently, i would have to say that the things I have witnessed through animal and this community have saved my life, and its about time i try to become a part of that. In 2012 I was misdiagnosed with a benign growth in my liver. I was told it was harmless and that any side effects were brought upon by my own head. Through the course of the following year and a half i found out that i had indeed had a sever problem with my liver and therefore the function of my entire body. I lost my identity and became very bleak and depressed. When i discovered powerlifting, and began to witness some of the people and things that go on through this community, i regained a sort of light. I watch the same videos on repeat time after time and day after day and I think striving to be able to compare myself to any of you is what keeps me going every day. It gave me a sense of purpose to survive the Marine Corps and to push through my body crapping out on me. I currently live in savannah georgia and have family in biloxi mississippi so lets train together if you're in one of the two. If you've ever pushed yourself to push past a seemingly impossible goal, wether i know you or not, you have inspired to push past my own. Lets get stronger.

DaveRegio
08-13-14, 1:55 pm
I'm a 41-year old father of two children. Up until approximately 2 years ago, I lived a sedentary lifestyle, ate like crap, never exercised and by the time I was on my way towards 40, I weighed close to 200 lbs (not a great weight for someone that stands only 5'5"). Long story short, in December 2012, I decided to make some changes and incorporated exercise and changes to my diet. I spent most of my time doing cardio with a little bit of weight work, dropped 25 lbs and was fit enough to run my first half marathon by April 2013.

I still run 15-20 miles a week but my desire to stay within the fitness lifestyle led me to calisthenics training. From what I can gather from your website and reading the forums, someone like me does not appear to be what I would consider the typical customer for your products. I don't mean this in any negative way nor do I mean to put myself down. I have become very hardcore with my calisthenics training, but I do not train with the iron the way bodybuilders, power lifters and other kinds of weight lifters do. As I'll explain, I'm definitely the right kind of customer for your products but I just didn't see myself as the typical customer is all.

As it ended up, a few months ago, despite my exercise, my weight started creeping up a little bit, so I decided to do something about it. My first move was a bad one. I went to the local GNC and asked for a product that would help me "get shredded". What they sold to me was their own vitamin pak geared towards leaning out (your products weren't even mentioned). It was a $63 30-day supply of a pack comprised of a multi, CLA, a thermogenic and a water pill of some sort. The stuff was by and large useless. I finished out the 30 days simply because I had to. It wasn't encouraging that certainly didn't help. I didn't get that enthusiasm to push and my weight stayed around 180 lbs. While being at 17-18% body fat isn't bad (and I was still fit through all of this), I wasn't pleased.

A few weeks later I decided on a different approach. I came across some of your products online. I had looked at some of them in the past and didn't pull the trigger at that time for different reasons. However, because I was still very motivated to not only lean out but also get strong, and because of the reputation your products have in the marketplace (and the fact that I think the thought that goes into developing these products is second to none - the product descriptions are beyond awesome), I decided it was worth a second-look. I ended up going with the Pak/Stak and Cut stack.

I was already in the process of dropping weight when I got on this stack but the real benefit of it was the fact that although I only lost one pound during the three weeks, I lost five pounds of fat (I gained four lbs of lean mass and my body fat % dropped like a stone). Everything about your products proved to be true: the results are there for the people that want to work for it. Work for it I did. I busted my butt in the gym and followed a pretty strict diet and make sure I was getting plenty of protein (1.5 g/lb).

It's probably the first time that I've looked at any kind of supplement and said with a definitive yes that they worked. At 41, I have a body composition that I didn't have when I was half that age and your products really helped to give me that push. I had few if any side effects with Stak (a bit of increased irritability - nothing serious). I feel stronger, better and ready to go at it. I feel the same way with my current Pak/Stak/M-Stak/Pump stack. If I can go from 27 pull ups three weeks ago to 34 pull ups as of yesterday, I'd say there's a good thing going on here.

That's who I am. I'm just a Dad that found a niche in fitness that I like, found a community of people I've been able to learn from (that I am neither a bodybuilder nor power lifter has any relevance to my ability to learn from them - I have vast respect for them and their knowledge), and supplementation that will help me in my journey. I do all of this while trying to balance a family life that includes dealing with a young son on the autism spectrum. I guess that makes me an Animal.

Animal's reputation is very well-earned.

wes
08-18-14, 10:56 pm
Yo, guys

I'm Wes, 24, currently 6'5" at 227 and balancing lifting and my final semester in college. Going to be finished in December and moving to Columbus for work. Definitely making it to every Arnold now. Other than that I'm a pretty simple person with my ideal Saturday night being me training. Think I got my priorities right haha.

ajjarv32
08-22-14, 8:26 pm
Hey y'all, new member, name is Jarvis. I'm in the army, stationed in Georgia for a while. Only been lifting seriously for about 2 years (football in high school and basketball in college, but in the weight room it was never serious). I started out as recovery from neck surgery and got hooked. 30 years old, married (wife is also in the army), and that's about it.

Rdcopps
08-28-14, 9:02 pm
I'll keep this short and sweet because nobody likes things long and drawn out. I'm 39 years old and live in NC. Got started lifting weights as a freshman in High School (24 yrs ago) and for the most part, have never stopped. I've followed a BB-style of training until about a year ago, when I switched over to PL. Wish I would've done it sooner! Very grateful to be a part of this and I look forward to learning a lot from everyone in here!

Warrent123
08-29-14, 11:46 am
My story. I’m 43, Married, and employed in an occupation that I enjoy. I jogged as a hobby through most of my youth and 20’s. Never really muscular just kind of thin. When I was about 30 I had put on some weight and decided to work on getting it off. Through mostly calisthenics and running at 5’9” I came down to 160 lbs. That for me at the time was healthy. As the years went on I got married, settled into a career and gradually put on weight (fat). So at around 40 years old I found myself the same 5’9” but now about 220 lbs. of mostly fat.
I decided to do something. I had belonged to a gym for a couple of years at this time and barely went so I started doing some online research as to something that would get me moving, take the weight off, and hold my interest. Long story short I chose BJJ. Awesome stuff. I can go on and on about the perspective, strength, and confidence I gained during the 6 months I did it but that will be in another post. I got injured. Not the BJJ but lifting sandbags LOL. 3 herniated disk, bulging disk etc…
That was about 2 ½ years ago. Since then I’ve decided to use the work ethic I learned in BJJ in the gym (those guys work hard). The first couple of months of BJJ training I couldn’t make it through a 1 hour class, usually ending up on the side of the mat gasping for air. Gradually in the gym I started getting stronger. I wanted to take it serious so I started doing some research online as to training, diet, and supplements.
Right now consistency is my goal. I can have a good week when I train 5-6 days and the very next week I can show up only twice. My split goes something like this:
Day 1: Chest / Tri’s
Day 2: Back / Bi’s
Day 3: Legs / Shoulders / Abs
Day 4: off
Repeat:
Supplements:
Pak, test, Whey protein, post workout recovery shake
Just finished my second tub of test so I ordered M-stak. Changing my post workout shake to torrent (all the other products have been great so I’m gonna sell out for you guys.
So now it will be:
Pak, m-stak, torrent, animal pm before bed, whey protein.
My diet is much better but still lots of room for improvement. I trained 2 days ago, didn’t go yesterday, but I’m going today as soon as I finish this post (like I said, consistency is what I need more work on)
Thanks for listening men.

afraziaaaa
09-02-14, 3:00 pm
Just joined. I'm a powerlifter. Been lifting for 17 years off and on, spent 9 of those years in the US Marine Corps. I am an Iraq vet, honorably discharged. 30 years old, married and have a young daughter. I train (sometimes) at Skiba's Gym in Carteret, NJ.

Ery
09-12-14, 5:31 pm
I´m from Guadalajara in Mexico, 25 y/o and just started into weight lifting 5 months ago and I have enjoyed it a lot, never felt as great as I do now and I´m looking for any advice/training method I can get

Ery
09-15-14, 10:52 am
I´m from Guadalajara in Mexico, 25 y/o and just started into weight lifting 5 months ago and I have enjoyed it a lot, never felt as great as I do now and I´m looking for any advice/training method I can get

Frogot to mention:
I´m currently taking nitric oxide (pre workout), 27g Protein 38g carbohydrate shake after workout and Animal PM before bed.

War Machine
09-19-14, 7:56 am
[QUOTE=J-Dawg;761]Hey fellas welcome to The Forvm at Animalpak.com. Start off by telling us something about yourself—what you do, your interests, how you got into this game... Something that will give us insight into who you are.

What's up guys, my name is War Machine and I am 17 years old, I compete in powerlifting, and I live in Dallas, GA. I've pretty much have been lifting weights since I could walk (there's actually a picture of me curling with my dad and I have a pacifier in my mouth), but I was never dedicated until my dad, Gunrock, convinced me I needed it to get stronger for wrestling.

I am currently training for the WUAP Worlds Championship in Telfs, Austria and I plan on running my own gym one day as a strength coach. I am very excited to learn from all you guys!

tri-terror
09-24-14, 2:24 am
Hey there guys. I've been lurking for years now and finally made an account like back in January? LOL. Anyway I've learned a decent amount so I thought I should actually post and contribute at least a little bit. I'm 36 years old and been slinging the iron since I was 15. I've always been into bodybuilding and done a couple NPC shows but I've really gotten sucked into the powerlifting and sometimes strongman world. This Sat. I'm competing in my first strongman show, then in Nov. and Dec. I'm planning on doing 2 full power meets. The one in Nov. is in the USPA and will be kind of a "tune up". Never done a meet before, so I plan to go in and hit some conservative type numbers and then go balls out in December at the RPS Havok at the Holidays.

I'm 5'11" 244lbs, 15ish% bodyfat. I have a 455lb deadlift, a 405lb squat, and a 405lb bench. Coming back from having my left ACL reconstructed last year, so my squat and dead took a big hit. Finally getting to move some decent weight in those. I stiff legged 365 the other day, so I know a lot of my dead will come back as I can get my left quad stronger. Squats are really feeling good now too so I'm hopeful there.

JHOORNSTRA
09-24-14, 8:22 pm
Welcome everyone, glad you all made it here...tons of knowledge, motivation and experience to help with just about anything.

JH

BMF
09-30-14, 7:03 pm
What's up guys, I am 17 years old 6 foot and weigh around 165 "morning weight"I have been lifting for about 5 years but bodybuilding for about 3. I have been following animal for About 2 years by far my favorite brand I just love what it stands for and represents. I am ready to take my training and nutrition to the next level I appreciate any tips and ect.

Sprint
09-30-14, 7:15 pm
Always good to see new names finding their way home.

Dex
10-03-14, 12:25 am
The name is Dex, i'm a south african local, live in a small town just outside cape town... not much going on here in terms of powerlifting but im doing my bit to change that. To pay the bills,i work for the local passenger rail service and i kinda enjoy serving the public.
I have always had an interest in physical training and a local gym about 4years ago, been doing some moderate, directionless lifting, on and off since then... till about a month ago. With no one to guide me, i turned to the internet for tips on good form and started deadlifting. Wow, it's amazing. Im basically new to the sport and i've been making steady progress but i'm not satisfied with it yet, not sure if i'll ever be... thanks for taking the time to read this. Im really happy to have found this place, all the content will keep me reading for a good while. Will consider doing a "my journey'' thing once im in a solid routine. Hope i'll be able to contribute some valuable info to the FORVM becaise i've found aa lot of value in it off the bat... thanks and cheers!

Dex
10-03-14, 12:37 am
The name is Dex, i'm a south african local, live in a small town just outside cape town... not much going on here in terms of powerlifting but im doing my bit to change that. To pay the bills,i work for the local passenger rail service and i kinda enjoy serving the public.
I have always had an interest in physical training and a local gym about 4years ago, been doing some moderate, directionless lifting, on and off since then... till about a month ago. With no one to guide me, i turned to the internet for tips on good form and started deadlifting. Wow, it's amazing. Im basically new to the sport and i've been making steady progress but i'm not satisfied with it yet, not sure if i'll ever be... thanks for taking the time to read this. Im really happy to have found this place, all the content will keep me reading for a good while. Will consider doing a "my journey'' thing once im in a solid routine. Hope i'll be able to contribute some valuable info to the FORVM becaise i've found aa lot of value in it off the bat... thanks and cheers!

Hey, totally forgot to add my age, my bad.. was so excited about getting started in the forum, im a 28year old guy... got into weight training cz im 1.63m tall and didnt wanna be mistaken for a school kid but now im into powerlifting for the phenomenal feeling that comes from lifting heavy weights, lol... just want to be as strong as i possibly can...

teperry46
10-20-14, 1:06 am
Hey everyone, Im pretty new to the forum, Ive read around a bit, but just now deciding to start posting. A little about me is that Im a 20 year old college student in Georgia. Lifting has become a huge passion of mine this past year, and i absolutely love it. It something im constantly working at, and constantly trying to improve at each day. My biggest issue is pretty much balancing the college life, as well as finding a couple hours a day to workout. Getting to the gym is pretty much essential for me to have a good day now, but it is tough because Ive always got so much going on. But I love it, and its something I really see myself never giving up on.

kai
10-30-14, 10:10 am
sup brothers, im 22 years old and currently around 180 pounds. started powerlifting 2 years ago when i was diagnosed with low muscle tone. im from durban in south africa and pay the bills by selling furniture fittings. im doing my part here to try grow the sport as it's not to popular in my area. feel free to ask any questions as im always willing to share the knowledge ive gained from my past experiences.

BreezyBear
11-03-14, 10:48 am
Sup Bro's

21 year old college student here at the University of South Carolina.. studying exercise science and hoping to find a career i can channel my training and nutrition interests through. Played competitive sports all of my life and have been weightlifting for sports since i was 12 years old. When i decided that i did not want to play college football i needed an outlet to channel the competitive energy and physical drive that i still felt like i had. Hit the gym pretty seriously freshmen year of college, but never started living the weightlifting lifestyle until i took an interest in bodybuilding my sophomore year. Since then i've been hooked, i've yet to compete but i live the lifestyle everyday. I love training with as much intensity as possible and bringing the muscle to its peak failure. I eventually want to find as much of a mix between pushing heavy weight and producing as much muscle growth as i possibly can. Can't wait to explore the threads and take in as much information as possible and hopefully one day feel confident enough with my own knowledge to contribute myself.

Peace brothers.

Embee
11-04-14, 5:49 am
Hi everyone!

Going to try and keep this concise, but will probably fail miserably.

The name's Maurice, currently 27 years old and I live in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I'm no stranger to the gym as I did some GPP training for my other sports, tennis and cricket, when I was younger and later on for motorcycle racing as well. Things only got serious when about 2.5 years ago I had a big crash during a race, which pretty much meant the end of racing and the start of a road to recovery. My left shoulder is permanently damaged, so its movement is impaired to the extent I currently can't do overhead exercises like presses, but incline stuff is no problem. Even though progress on the shoulder has pretty much come to a halt, I'll keep trying to improve its mobility.
As part of my rehabilitation my physical therapist had me do plenty of exercises, most of which I had to do in a gym. Sports have always been an outlet for me, so I tried to improve as quickly as I could and started reading about strength training. I already knew about powerlifting and of all the types of strenght training, this was the one that appealed to me the most. To say it's become a hobby would be an understatement.

As most beginners I started out with Starting Strength about 1.5 years ago, but had to undergo surgery on my shoulder about 4 months in. Now I've been able to work out again since January, continuing Starting Strenght, and even though my shoulder has kept me from progressing as fast as I wanted to, things are going pretty wel now.
Current stats: Length: 1.84m/6'0ft - Weight: 82kg/180lbs - Squat 5RM: 130kg/286lbs - Bench 5RM: 90kg/198lbs - Deadlift 1RM - 190kg/ 419lbs.
I've noticed that things are starting to feel properly heavy now, so progress will slow down a bit and I'm looking into different types of training programs. So far, I'm quite pleased with how things are going. The main goal currently is get my Squat 5RM up to twice my bodyweight. After that, the road to a 200kg/440lbs 1RM squat begins. I feel like once I hit that 200kg, I'll be ready for a meet.

Obviously I also have a life outside of the gym. Before the accident, I worked as a freelance graphic designer. After the accident though, I decided I didn't want to spend my days behind a desk so I'm pursuing another passion I've always wanted to explore, which is photography, mainly motorsports. It's a tough world to get into and didn't expect to go from nothing to being able to pay all the bills, so I needed another job. With my passion for sports, it made sense to get into this even more and since March this year I also work part-time as a gym instructor in the gym I also train at. It's a fairly big commercial gym especially for Dutch standards, but we have a squatrack, so I'm good.

I guess that's pretty much it!

Looking forward to learning even more here on the forum, but also contributing to it!

Lex_Anderson
11-06-14, 2:17 pm
27 years old. NPC men's physique athlete making the transition in to body building and powerlifting. Been competing in the men's physique class for three years due to injuries that have limited my ability to lift heavy consistently. My injuries include broken forearm (both the radius and ulna) that resulted in two metal plates, and nine screws with severe nerve damage to the hand/fingers. Ligament transfer surgery to repair previous nerve damage. Been rehabbing for several years and have finally gotten to a level where I can begin to lift heavy again, and pursue bodybuilding and powerlifting

xTheComebackKid
11-12-14, 9:27 am
I signed up on the Forvm after watching Animal videos on YouTube. Hearing Richard "The Ant" talk about drawing inspiration and guidance from the Animal Forvm convinced me there is much to gain from here.

My short backstory - grew up as a fat kid getting teased, did a bit of weights as a teenager, then spent my 20's in doorways doing chin ups. One day I watched "Pumping Iron" and immediately wanted to look like Ed Corney. I bought Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia and the rest is history. Joined a gym October 2009. Did my first bodybuilding show June 2014, and now I am chasing a 500lb SQ, 600lb DL, and 380lb BP. Despite two injuries that took a year away from training I am approaching my goals at a steady pace.

If there is anyone who trains with bad wrists I would like to exchange ideas/methods for adapting grip and/or using equipment. I shattered both wrists at 19 and was told I'd never be able to use them much for exercise. I use wraps and straps already, but I do not have full range of motion, which eliminates the ability to do an alternating grip on deadlift.

Thanks for listening, fellas!

David

thehulkzilla
11-14-14, 3:59 am
I'm a Powerlifter now turned bodybuilder. Been powerlifting for most of my life and now I want to transition to bodybuilding as it's something I've always wanted to do my whole life. I'm 5-11, 315 currently. I've done a 675 squat no wraps, 315@25 and 405@12 on bench and 645 belt less dead. Those are gym PRs. I'm out of TN training at one of the best gyms in the state IMO. looking forward to becoming apart this group of animals.

gsingle
11-19-14, 12:05 am
Hey guys, newer lifter here. My athletic background is mostly in endurance sports but for the last year and a half or so I have been focusing on the big three. I've always been tall, skinny, and weak so I decided to do something about it. I started with basic Starting Strength template and now I'm using the Texas Method. My numbers are still really low compared to most folks but I'm much stronger than I ever thought I could be. My first meet is in 2.5 weeks and I'm really looking forward to it. I figured that having a meet date on the calendar would help me to push myself and stay on track (turns out I was right).

I'm glad to be here, I look up to and am really motivated by all the Animal lifters. I also appreciate the time and effort they give back to all the folks coming up under them. I look forward to learning and progressing with you guys. Time to eat again...

teperry46
11-22-14, 9:21 pm
Hey guys, newer lifter here. My athletic background is mostly in endurance sports but for the last year and a half or so I have been focusing on the big three. I've always been tall, skinny, and weak so I decided to do something about it. I started with basic Starting Strength template and now I'm using the Texas Method. My numbers are still really low compared to most folks but I'm much stronger than I ever thought I could be. My first meet is in 2.5 weeks and I'm really looking forward to it. I figured that having a meet date on the calendar would help me to push myself and stay on track (turns out I was right).

I'm glad to be here, I look up to and am really motivated by all the Animal lifters. I also appreciate the time and effort they give back to all the folks coming up under them. I look forward to learning and progressing with you guys. Time to eat again...

good luck in the meet man

USMCKoontz
11-25-14, 9:15 am
Hello.... I am 31 and a former Marine... Served 2001-2005. New to Lifting and supplements... Just getting started, so I am sure I will have plenty of questions for everyone ;)

roylee13
11-29-14, 9:11 pm
What's up everyone. I'm 23 years old, 5'10" and 160lbs right now. I've always been the skinny guy all throughout high school and college and I'm trying to get bigger and stronger and better myself overall. I've been going to the gym throughout college, but wasted all my time on worthless "programs" and lacking in the nutrition department because I didn't know better. I've finally started to learn and getting on te right track in the past couple months and have a goal weight of 185 pounds. I am currently in College Station, TX and training at the local golds gym here. I was at Metroflex San Marcos this past summer while searching for a job and it was a kickass gym. Anyways, I am currently doing Brandon Lilly's cube method as I am trying to reach my weight and strength goals. Glad to be a part of the forum finally and look forward to learning a lot while in here.

Entropy
12-25-14, 2:29 am
What's up guys. I'm 20 years old and I'm from Eastern Kentucky. I'm currently in college pursuing a degree, but the one thing I seem to have connected with are the weights. I started working out when I was 17 amd still in high school. I was skinny and out of shape. Finally, when I came to college I started working out in an actual gym. I had a lot to learn - and I still do of course - but I never gave up started trying to learn more and more. Eventually, working out turned into training and instead of solely worrying about my physique I started powerlifting. That is my journey so far. Always looking to improve and learn as much as possible.

If you're interested in my total, etc. here it is:
5'6'' 171lbs
14% BF (I actually had this tested)
Squat - 315
Bench - 225
Deadlift - 405

Still a lot of work to get what I want, but I used to weigh 140lbs at a higher BF% and was as weak as they come.

Charles
12-30-14, 4:51 am
Sup everyone. The name is Charles. Been training for a while now but recently have started training for powerlifting. Use to play lacrosse but due to lack of interest, the college team bottomed out this year so I decided to try something new out. Trying to get to Nationals this year, don't know if I will or not but the journey is gonna be fun. I welcome the challenge. Don't have money to afford coaching or anything so we'll see how this turns out. My buddy made it to Worlds this year in his 2nd ever meet and it really inspired me to do this. Any advice, tips, recommendations on training regiments would be greatly appreciated. Lacrosse and Powerlifting are two really different things and any help would be appreciated.

deiontebrah
01-08-15, 10:51 am
What's up guys my name is DeionTe, I'm 19 and attend college in San Marcos, Texas. I've been seriously lifting since I was about 15 because of football in high school, but made a transition into bodybuilding last year in college my freshman year. So far I've done two shows in 2014 placing 4th then 1st, and currently prepping for at least 4 shows this year in 2015 hoping to hit teen nationals. Although I'm still a young gun in this game I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. While everyone my age is getting plastered on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, I'm in the gym paying my dues. I'm glad to be apart of this family.

RandymOlson
01-10-15, 9:25 pm
Hey everyone,
I am a former fat guy. I will be 45 in February 2015 and my journey to flat started in earnest on January 27, 2011. But, in the early summer of 2010 is when my "Why" became clear and I knew I was called to set an example to the teens and adults with whom I worked and honor The Swift Sure Hand with my body. At that starting point of this journey I weighed in at 362lbs at 5'-10" I was huge.

I was not sure how to start. As fat as I was and my experience with the gym in high school made going to a gym undesirable, so I signed on with a local weight loss program where I watched a friend loose 70lbs in 7 months and bought P90X from a tv commercial. With the three tools ("WHY, Nutrition program and P90X) I set off on a journey which would lead me to fall in love with the iron. I was committed and focused loosing 195lbs by the first week in March, 2012. In Just 13 months I was no longer recognized by extended family, I have a visible 6 pack, and I liked my body. I was asked to begin teaching the nutrition program I was using. I have been helping people reach their weight loss goals since that time and my goal is to help 100 people loose 100lbs each. It also got me to pursue my CFT.

At that point I decided I needed to do something about all the loose skin so I began to research how to build muscle mass. That also took a huge change in mindset. I was slow to change and gained just 5lbs of lean mass in the next 4 months. Then, I committed to the new mindset and Have gained almost 30lbs since that time. Today I am setting right at 200 I would love to increase my lean mass by another 20-30lbs but going over that 200 mark seems to be playing with my mind.

Last summer I purchased a power rack to begin to lift heavier. Everything I have done to that point was done with dumbbells. I was invited to ABC Georgia event that happened a week ago. The ABC members I met there changed my stereo view of the gym. I am looking forward to learning from all the great people here in the FORVM!

sixoxxxo
01-13-15, 2:48 am
Hey guys, its been a long time coming but I am finally here.
First off, just want to say that I have been using the animal/universal products since 2006. The animalpak, uni-liver tabs, and the omega 3s have been a daily part of my routine for a while now.

I am currently a third year med-school student (an old fart at 30), that spends a lot of time outside the house. I am no stranger to packing 2 (sometimes three) Real Gains shakes in my lunch bag for those long days at the hospital haha.
I don't think I will be easing up on those any time soon, since I got another five years to go. I am particularly fond of the banana, chocolate, and strawberry flavors.

Looking forward to getting to be a productive part of this community!

deanna7272
01-13-15, 8:52 am
Hey everyone,
I am a former fat guy. I will be 45 in February 2015 and my journey to flat started in earnest on January 27, 2011. But, in the early summer of 2010 is when my "Why" became clear and I knew I was called to set an example to the teens and adults with whom I worked and honor The Swift Sure Hand with my body. At that starting point of this journey I weighed in at 362lbs at 5'-10" I was huge.

I was not sure how to start. As fat as I was and my experience with the gym in high school made going to a gym undesirable, so I signed on with a local weight loss program where I watched a friend loose 70lbs in 7 months and bought P90X from a tv commercial. With the three tools ("WHY, Nutrition program and P90X) I set off on a journey which would lead me to fall in love with the iron. I was committed and focused loosing 195lbs by the first week in March, 2012. In Just 13 months I was no longer recognized by extended family, I have a visible 6 pack, and I liked my body. I was asked to begin teaching the nutrition program I was using. I have been helping people reach their weight loss goals since that time and my goal is to help 100 people loose 100lbs each. It also got me to pursue my CFT.

At that point I decided I needed to do something about all the loose skin so I began to research how to build muscle mass. That also took a huge change in mindset. I was slow to change and gained just 5lbs of lean mass in the next 4 months. Then, I committed to the new mindset and Have gained almost 30lbs since that time. Today I am setting right at 200 I would love to increase my lean mass by another 20-30lbs but going over that 200 mark seems to be playing with my mind.

Last summer I purchased a power rack to begin to lift heavier. Everything I have done to that point was done with dumbbells. I was invited to ABC Georgia event that happened a week ago. The ABC members I met there changed my stereo view of the gym. I am looking forward to learning from all the great people here in the FORVM!

Welcome... Your story is not unlike many of ours here, and we all have our reasons, but I'm so glad that you've found your way to the iron and then to the Forvm... Hooking up with the GA Animals is a great step!!! It's great to have an extended family in the iron world (because we all know that "normal" people don't always get it...lol)

As a PE teacher, it saddens me to hear that gym wasn't enjoyable... I hope that in my years of teaching, my kids feel comfortable in their abilities or can recognize their weaknesses and work toward improving them, rather than be put off due to intimidation, fear, or anxiety.

Congrats on your accomplishments so far and I'm sure that this is only the "beginning" ... Welcome!!

deanna7272
01-13-15, 8:54 am
Hey guys, its been a long time coming but I am finally here.
First off, just want to say that I have been using the animal/universal products since 2006. The animalpak, uni-liver tabs, and the omega 3s have been a daily part of my routine for a while now.

I am currently a third year med-school student (an old fart at 30), that spends a lot of time outside the house. I am no stranger to packing 2 (sometimes three) Real Gains shakes in my lunch bag for those long days at the hospital haha.
I don't think I will be easing up on those any time soon, since I got another five years to go. I am particularly fond of the banana, chocolate, and strawberry flavors.

Looking forward to getting to be a productive part of this community!

An old fart at 30?? Please...lol. You're just getting around to the best years of your life!! ;-) ... Welcome from an even older fart....lol

sgerwel1985
01-13-15, 11:28 am
Not sure if i've done this or not. I'll do it again, because obviously its been a long time.

My name is Steve and i'm a 29yo ordinary guy from pittsburgh. Been lifting for awhile, but never anything serious. Currently training to add on strength and enter my first powerlifting contest in 2015. I'm a relatively big guy, 6'3.5" 263lb. Went through a very very fat stage a few years ago, almost tipped the scales at 320. Decided i had to change my life so i got into the gym regularly. While i'm no where near my ideal weight/physique/strength, i know i'll get there eventually. Animal (outside of their amazing products) has provided me with a lot of awesome information that has helped me a lot a long the way.

I plan on being very active on the forum this year and getting to any events that are within a reasonable drive from where i live. Also hope to meet and run into some of you guys at the Arnold Classic in March. Any word on an ABC event for the classic? Would love to "pop my cherry" at an epic ABC like that!

Best of luck on all of your adventures and goals in 2015 guys/gals!

Kowboy
01-13-15, 3:10 pm
Not sure if i've done this or not. I'll do it again, because obviously its been a long time.

My name is Steve and i'm a 29yo ordinary guy from pittsburgh. Been lifting for awhile, but never anything serious. Currently training to add on strength and enter my first powerlifting contest in 2015. I'm a relatively big guy, 6'3.5" 263lb. Went through a very very fat stage a few years ago, almost tipped the scales at 320. Decided i had to change my life so i got into the gym regularly. While i'm no where near my ideal weight/physique/strength, i know i'll get there eventually. Animal (outside of their amazing products) has provided me with a lot of awesome information that has helped me a lot a long the way.

I plan on being very active on the forum this year and getting to any events that are within a reasonable drive from where i live. Also hope to meet and run into some of you guys at the Arnold Classic in March. Any word on an ABC event for the classic? Would love to "pop my cherry" at an epic ABC like that!

They just had an ABC in your area last weekend, sucks man. You are only a couple hours out of Columbus and we do a ton this way. NO word on national ABC but I bet it will be Saturday at the Arnold. It is always a blast.

Kowboy
01-13-15, 3:10 pm
An old fart at 30?? Please...lol. You're just getting around to the best years of your life!! ;-) ... Welcome from an even older fart....lol

NO way you are a day of 27 D

sgerwel1985
01-13-15, 4:08 pm
They just had an ABC in your area last weekend, sucks man. You are only a couple hours out of Columbus and we do a ton this way. NO word on national ABC but I bet it will be Saturday at the Arnold. It is always a blast.

Looking forward to the Arnold. My buddy lives in Columbus, so i plan on being there from thursday night well into sunday.

Yeah i need to get out a little more and hit some of these events. I'll keep my eye out for some more closer to me :-D

deanna7272
01-14-15, 7:49 am

Hey Steve... Welcome and make sure to check out some of the surrounding ABC threads (other than Pittsburgh) also!! Ohio Valley, Canton/Akron, Erie, eye for events... We're less than an hour outside of the 'burgh so if we are carpooling or convoying to an event, you are more than welcome to join!! I am looking at setting one up at a different gym, closer to you from the Ohio Valley, after the Arnold of course, and would love to have you be a part of it...

As far as the National ABC, it's always the Saturday of the Arnold, March 7 this year... It is definitely an experience that you will never forget... It would be nice to be able to pull that many people in locally... :) ... With that said, glad you're here and hope to see ya soon!!

deanna7272
01-14-15, 7:53 am
NO way you are a day of 27 D

Haha... I THINK I might remember 27....lmao!!! ;-)

Looking forward to the Arnold. My buddy lives in Columbus, so i plan on being there from thursday night well into sunday.

Yeah i need to get out a little more and hit some of these events. I'll keep my eye out for some more closer to me :-D

Hey again, Steve... I started to respond to your post yesterday and got called out to supervise in school suspension and didn't get to submit it until now, but Trebin did guide you in the right direction!!! ;-)

Kowboy
01-14-15, 8:37 am

Kevin Cornell is a good friend of mine and lifts out of Crossfit Habitat out there.

sgerwel1985
01-14-15, 8:59 am
Haha... I THINK I might remember 27....lmao!!! ;-)

Hey again, Steve... I started to respond to your post yesterday and got called out to supervise in school suspension and didn't get to submit it until now, but Trebin did guide you in the right direction!!! ;-)

In school suspension... uh oh!

I better get my ass ready for this ABC event! See ya'll in march!

deanna7272
01-14-15, 10:10 am
In school suspension... uh oh!

I better get my ass ready for this ABC event! See ya'll in march!

Yea, you know... 14 year old girl drama... Had to intervene before one beat the snot out of the other...lol

Hardliner81
01-14-15, 2:44 pm
hi guys
I'm Dennis 24 from germany staret with bodybuilding at age 15 then i was out of bodybuilding for 3 years .. since may 14 i'm back at the gym.. need to loose some fat but its in work slowly

Dodge
01-21-15, 12:38 am
Yo fellas, Dodge from Calgary, Alberta! Representing cow town lifting at the university of Calgary.
Been training for 5 years since I was twelve years old, and been getting serious in the last two.
Had my roots in heavy lifting and dreamed of being massive and being a power-lifter; now I've changed my sights and lift for life. I am into aesthetics and bodybuilding. Inspired by the old school lifters like Zane, Haney, Oliva, and of course Schwarzenegger. Hope to compete sometime in the 'not-so-distant' future.
Ever since the age of 14 just two years into my journey, old school asthetics became my obsession, and now its my life.
My ten year plan... Finish my international business degree, then move down to the home of bodybuilding in California, and make ties down there with all the greats, and all my current inspirational bodybuilders.
Love Animal supps, M-stak, cuts, pump, pak, and nitro are my faves.

Looking forward to my time here!

Dodge

GunRock
01-22-15, 7:33 pm
Last summer I purchased a power rack to begin to lift heavier. Everything I have done to that point was done with dumbbells. I was invited to ABC Georgia event that happened a week ago. The ABC members I met there changed my stereo view of the gym. I am looking forward to learning from all the great people here in the FORVM![/QUOTE]

I'm glad you came out Randy and I look forward to having you along on the Convoy To The Cage in less than two months! (we need a flag...)

sacrut
01-23-15, 11:29 am
Sup,
i'm Tristan from Germany. I'm into Bodybuilding since 2011 and I started Powerlifting September 2014. Hope I have a good time with you guys

RandymOlson
01-24-15, 11:17 am
Welcome... Your story is not unlike many of ours here, and we all have our reasons, but I'm so glad that you've found your way to the iron and then to the Forvm... Hooking up with the GA Animals is a great step!!! It's great to have an extended family in the iron world (because we all know that "normal" people don't always get it...lol)

As a PE teacher, it saddens me to hear that gym wasn't enjoyable... I hope that in my years of teaching, my kids feel comfortable in their abilities or can recognize their weaknesses and work toward improving them, rather than be put off due to intimidation, fear, or anxiety.

Congrats on your accomplishments so far and I'm sure that this is only the "beginning" ... Welcome!!

Thanks deanna7272 and gunrock! Just getting back to checking the forvm after taking time with my dad to see his brother with cancer. Didn't miss a training session but internet was spotty. I think HS gym in the 80's was a lot different than it is now... I am sure your students will have much fonder memories than I do.

Dimitry
01-28-15, 1:03 pm
Hi everyone, I am Dimitry from Italy.

I am a raw powerlifter, master 1 for IPF rules.

I train with the blocks system or CSS Conjugate Sequence System of Yuri Verkhoshansky with high intensity with little buffer and expensive resources such as concentric , eccentric, isometric and plyometrics training means.

Nick54
02-07-15, 1:48 pm
What up guys,
I'm nick, 22 years old about 6'1.
I'm an Olympic weightlifter competing in the 105kg category getting ready for nationals in August. I've always loved animal and everything they represent so I'm very happy to be here

GrassFedBeast
02-09-15, 3:57 pm
I am a vegetarian powerlifter located in NY. I always loved lifting weights and then about a year ago, I became obsessed with lifting heavy weights. I am now a USAPL member with one meet under my belt at 182lbs. Got a meet lined up for July where I hope to take some state JR records (NY) and qualify for nationals at 163lbs.

Stay strong brothers!

D Monstah
02-09-15, 5:17 pm
Brothers, how are you?

I've decided to stop being such a lurker and become a little more involved.
The information gathered over the years has helped me on my journey more than any other source.
So Thanks, thank you for all your help with every hard spot I've found myself in.
You guys are like the family i never see.

On another note, Sydney,NSW ABC?

offeringplate
02-10-15, 12:02 am
Hello to all, Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I go by offeringplate, name has many meanings pic one, Live in N.E. Oklahoma, been here for 16 years before that lived in DFW, Las Vegas, Chicago, and Conn. Back in the gym after a 5 year layoff, where i lost 20 pounds and then gained 50. Im 46 at a hefty 232 at 5'9" with too much bodyfat. No Madonna to the gym as i been in and out since i was 18. Hope to find some motivation and have some conversations with you all to improve in all areas of life

peace

-offeringplate

tom_bart
02-10-15, 5:42 pm
Hi guys thought I'd go ahead and introduce, training for strength above all else, eating on a student budget. Hope I can make some contributions people find useful as I've received so much good advice.

~Tom

K.W
02-10-15, 11:19 pm
Hello there really don't know how many of you guys read this stuff, but I'm new around here. I live in Bellingham, WA. Raised here my whole life and work here as a welder. I'm Married and have a six month old baby boy, family is #1 period no exceptions. However I'm not here to really go into depth about that, I'm here to absorb information, give information and hopefully be able to work out with one or fifty of you guys whether your stronger than me or not.

I've been given the nickname "Animal" at the gym I go to by a groups of guys who workout together. I do have some animal shirts but I thought it was funny because I'm only intense during my sets. I'm the funny guy who makes dirt bike noises and robot sounds when I walk oh yea and I love Arnold sound boards and the prank calls. The guys at work like to push me around and make fun of the way I walk (joking fashion) because hey know I'm a joker and I laugh when there doing it. Sorry to ramble so much but just wanted to give you a good idea of who I am.

Oh yea I forgot to ask, how many of you guys like to listen to " heaven on earth" well click-in 500 lbs dead lifts? I don't know about you but I just get all jack up and excited. LOL

BComplex
02-11-15, 1:03 am
What's up fellas. I've been on the forum for little while now but have really only been creeping around an thought I should finally get more involved. So anyway I'm 26 in knoxville, tn. Working towards my first bodybuilding competition. I'm Shooting for the Flex Lewis Classic in June and it's already a struggle. Love using the forum for a little extra motivation and knowledge. Most of what I see is powerligting based but I've found a lot of stuff works for me as well. Not to mention who doesn't get pumped to lift seeing and hearing about what other people are lifting? Ok so anyway I'm looking forward to getting after it here and bringing my world and the forum a little closer together.

ganderson
02-12-15, 10:48 am
Whats up everyone? I'm Greg, 25 and from Pt. Beach ("Jersey Shore"), NJ. Been on here for a few years now. I figured to stop hiding and want to get more involved on the forum. Ive been to the The CAGE in recent years, and go to as many NJ ABC's as I can over the past 2-3 years. I just love to train and been using Animal products since I started, and can't get enough of this awesome company. Hopefully I'll be able to get more acclimated to the Animal family, and start to getting to know everyone in the future.

GeoffMetalNinja
02-13-15, 6:28 pm
What's up guys, my name's Geoff. I recently got back into fitness and bodybuilding after work and school overtook my life for a few years. My passion and dedication has never been stronger and having Animal by my side gives me more motivation to just make myself better.

I live and work in Burbank, CA as an audio engineer and producer for music/tv/video games and Youtube.

Animals brought so much meaning to my lifting and I love the brotherhood that surrounds the brand. Thanks for having me, I look forward to learning from everyone here and just enjoying my time around like minded people.

STRONGfireMAN
02-13-15, 11:06 pm
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. Im a 30yr old professional firefighter/paramedic in Fairfax Va (right outside DC). I was a middle weight bodybuilder when I was 20, moved to strongman at 24, just went back to bodybuilding again at 29 but now as a heavyweight. Sittin at 5'11" 230lbs. I loved strongman but as I get older I worry more about poppin a bicep while rushing through an axle dead in a contest or pick up an atlas stone wrong & blow a hammy. Bodybuilding still gives me that unrelenting goal of perfection, you'll never be "perfect" but you still love to try. Anyway, competing again this fall, Jay Cutler Classic in Baltimore. Stay safe everyone.

Scottemillz
02-16-15, 8:36 pm
The name is Scott but I go by Scottemillz more often than not. I'm 26 and live about an hr east of Pittsburgh, PA. I started hitting the gym 3 years ago and due to some crazy life events, my consistency seriously left a lot to be desired. But that's in the past and I'm only looking forward as this is the year I heed the irons call and take my lifts above and beyond my goals. Pumped to have this opportunity to meet and learn from the greatest family in the sport. See yinz' at the cage in 3 weeks.

Peace

Scottemillz

deanna7272
02-16-15, 10:01 pm
The name is Scott but I go by Scottemillz more often than not. I'm 26 and live about an hr east of Pittsburgh, PA. I started hitting the gym 3 years ago and due to some crazy life events, my consistency seriously left a lot to be desired. But that's in the past and I'm only looking forward as this is the year I heed the irons call and take my lifts above and beyond my goals. Pumped to have this opportunity to meet and learn from the greatest family in the sport. See yinz' at the cage in 3 weeks.

Peace

Scottemillz

18 days... :)

Welcome to the Forvm... Keep your eyes out for some ABCs in the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas... I'm trying to get one set up, after the Arnold of course, about 40 mins SW of the city (in Ohio) ...

eric downey
02-17-15, 4:12 pm
Ive been here a long time amd just wanna say

I Love You guys

Greatest company around that actually cares about its customers.

still waiting on that APP thought

Piraat3
02-19-15, 11:12 am
Hey guys, I'm Brian, almost 40 from here in FL. Former personal trainer that got out of it the past few years due to job & stress. Went the wrong way with dealing with it, but changing it back to how it should be now. Looking forward to starting a new journey, getting back to being where I should be. I know I will probably not get back to where I was, but I can definitely start something new...

On twitter too... @bmaj3

J_g8433
02-19-15, 12:02 pm
Hey everyone,
Name is Josh. I'm a wannabe Powerlifter from Birmingham, AL. Lurker for a while on here and finally jumped and made an account. Going to the arnold for the first time this year and excited about the cage. Don't really know if I'm gonna catch anything else. Looking forward to it.

Appollonian
02-19-15, 1:17 pm
Hey everyone,
Name is Josh. I'm a wannabe Powerlifter from Birmingham, AL. Lurker for a while on here and finally jumped and made an account. Going to the arnold for the first time this year and excited about the cage. Don't really know if I'm gonna catch anything else. Looking forward to it.

Welcome aboard, fellow Josh here. I'll be heading up to the Cage as well.

flexfanatics
02-19-15, 8:16 pm
Hey everyone Im Talon. I just turned 18 and am a raw powerlifter. I started lifting a year ago and got into powerlifting about six months ago. I got into lifting because i wanted to loose some weight. when I mean some its a lot. I was 200lbs when i was in third grade. currently around 165lbs at 5'7". Bests lifts so far 358(comp) squat, 190(gym) bench, and 446(comp) deadlift. currently chasing a 500 Dl.

jh21484
02-19-15, 9:24 pm
Hey, my names John, I'm 31 and at about 260 right now (down from 290 at the beginning of the year). I currently live in Pittsburgh but born and raised in Cleveland. I've been lifting since junior high for football and although I got fairly strong by everyday standards while playing college football I never really took it serious enough. Since being forced to stop playing due to a recurring herniated disk I have fluctuated in weight significantly and I've never been able to get to the point where I'm truly satisfied b/c I get comfortable when I slim down and begin the rollercoaster ride back up the scale.... but this time I am dedicated to totally transforming myself and fully dedicating to becoming the best I can be. I'm new to the FORVM and looking forward to meeting everyone at the Arnold this year, this isn't my first time there but I'm usually on the outside of The Cage looking in marveling at the pure strength on display, looking forward to being on the inside this time! My boy freghttraindane got me involved with Animal this year and I'm pumped, can't wait for Rodizio Grill on Friday, the National ABC on Saturday, making new friends and leaving more motivated than ever to totally transform myself.

deanna7272
02-19-15, 9:43 pm
Hey, my names John, I'm 31 and at about 260 right now (down from 290 at the beginning of the year). I currently live in Pittsburgh but born and raised in Cleveland. I've been lifting since junior high for football and although I got fairly strong by everyday standards while playing college football I never really took it serious enough. Since being forced to stop playing due to a recurring herniated disk I have fluctuated in weight significantly and I've never been able to get to the point where I'm truly satisfied b/c I get comfortable when I slim down and begin the rollercoaster ride back up the scale.... but this time I am dedicated to totally transforming myself and fully dedicating to becoming the best I can be. I'm new to the FORVM and looking forward to meeting everyone at the Arnold this year, this isn't my first time there but I'm usually on the outside of The Cage looking in marveling at the pure strength on display, looking forward to being on the inside this time! My boy freghttraindane got me involved with Animal this year and I'm pumped, can't wait for Rodizio Grill on Friday, the National ABC on Saturday, making new friends and leaving more motivated than ever to totally transform myself.

A transplant from Cleveland to Pittsburgh.. Hmmm that's a loaded situation to say the least...lol

I'm with ya on the herniated disc issues, 2 surgeries already and now dealing with a herniation at T11/12 and a bulge at L3/4... Ugh...

I'm sure we'll talk at The Cage, but keep an eye on the Pitts and Ohio Valley threads for the ABCs... I'm foingbto be putting one together at a nearby gym!!

Welcome and see ya in 2 weeks!!!

justh8me
02-21-15, 11:42 am
I go by justh8me, 37 from the Indianapolis area. Was lifting for about 3 years before having to take a leave. Only been back in the gym for about a year now.

Only been a member here for a little over a month, been reading and watching a lot of videos. I am a member at several other forums, but I have to say I have never found a place like this before.
A lot of places talk about a family atmosphere, this is the first time I see it right in front of me. All of you guys are doing an awesome job, and I wanted to stop in and say thanks for all of the hard work.

Making my first trip to the cage this year, and looking forward to seeing you all there!

wyolifter
02-21-15, 6:12 pm

hey guys. not new to lifting. but just started competitive powerlifting a few months ago. weigh in around 230-235 currently, i have a pretty solid base built but im constantly working to get stronger. currently training for a national comp in october. by then i want to be squatting 500, benching 330, and deadlifting atleast 500, all of these are what i want to accomplish raw. glad to be a part of this brother hood

jh21484
02-24-15, 9:02 am
A transplant from Cleveland to Pittsburgh.. Hmmm that's a loaded situation to say the least...lol

I'm with ya on the herniated disc issues, 2 surgeries already and now dealing with a herniation at T11/12 and a bulge at L3/4... Ugh...

I'm sure we'll talk at The Cage, but keep an eye on the Pitts and Ohio Valley threads for the ABCs... I'm foingbto be putting one together at a nearby gym!!

Welcome and see ya in 2 weeks!!!

HAHA ya my skin crawls seeing all the Steelers jerseys everywhere but I still rep the Browns every chance I get!! Looking forward to meeting you soon and I will keep an eye out for the ABCs.

deanna7272
02-24-15, 9:44 am
HAHA ya my skin crawls seeing all the Steelers jerseys everywhere but I still rep the Browns every chance I get!! Looking forward to meeting you soon and I will keep an eye out for the ABCs.

Yea, you can't really get away from us... ;-)

freighttraindane
02-24-15, 9:49 am
Yea, you can't really get away from us... ;-)

Oh Dee, now I don't even know what to say. Steelers, really? my boy JH and I will slowly going to convert all of you OHIO people back to the good side.

deanna7272
02-24-15, 9:59 am
Oh Dee, now I don't even know what to say. Steelers, really? my boy JH and I will slowly going to convert all of you OHIO people back to the good side.

I bucked the system as a child, I was a .... DALLAS fan... because everyone loved the Steelers... Well, I had family in Cleveland, and they "converted" ... I also did, I went Steelers because it was a fun rivalry with family (and why wouldn't it be? Cleveland was rebuilding... Cleveland has a history of "rebuilding" and someday fellas, you'll get there... ;-). The rivalry continued with my ex, he was from Cleveland, sooooo that just made it fun!!

And hmmmm.... Dane, I thought your couldn't be lumped into the Cleveland thing by association... GUILTY... :)

freighttraindane
02-24-15, 10:02 am
I bucked the system as a child, I was a .... DALLAS fan... because everyone loved the Steelers... Well, I had family in Cleveland, and they "converted" ... I also did, I went Steelers because it was a fun rivalry with family (and why wouldn't it be? Cleveland was rebuilding... Cleveland has a history of "rebuilding" and someday fellas, you'll get there... ;-). The rivalry continued with my ex, he was from Cleveland, sooooo that just made it fun!!

And hmmmm.... Dane, I thought your couldn't be lumped into the Cleveland thing by association... GUILTY... :)

Those are fighting words Dee!

I am die hard Cleveland fan through and through and that will NEVER EVER CHANGER. I meant don't lump me into the shenanigans of my brother and his Higa comments. Can we at least agree on the Buckeyes?!?

deanna7272
02-24-15, 10:06 am
Those are fighting words Dee!

I am die hard Cleveland fan through and through and that will NEVER EVER CHANGER. I meant don't lump me into the shenanigans of my brother and his Higa comments. Can we at least agree on the Buckeyes?!?

Ahhhhh, I gotcha, I wouldn't want Higa on my bad side either... Hahaha .... Smart man...

And ABSOLUTELY...

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

Scottemillz
02-24-15, 11:38 am
18 days... :)

Welcome to the Forvm... Keep your eyes out for some ABCs in the Pittsburgh and surrounding areas... I'm trying to get one set up, after the Arnold of course, about 40 mins SW of the city (in Ohio) ...

Thank you, couldn't be more pumped to be here! I have been scoping both of those threads already but I will make sure I continue to so I don't miss out.

deanna7272
02-24-15, 12:19 pm
Thank you, couldn't be more pumped to be here! I have been scoping both of those threads already but I will make sure I continue to so I don't miss out.

Latrobe... So Pittsburgh is closest to you? I put it in Erie also, my geography skills are nil...lol

Robb
02-25-15, 4:19 pm
Hello all
Name is Robert, went by Robbie then to Robb.... I have a nickname I should have used on here "wrench" I have been know to break looses bolts with my hands. When you lay bricks and paves for 6+ years you develop abnormal hand muscles. I work for a fitness company now out of Richmond VA, I'm the IT manager for 9 locations in Va from Fredricksburg, colonial heights, Williamsburg and Richmond area. Since leaving manual labor I turned into an out of shape computer geek. Having a strong grip and back, a trainer at the club got me to start lifting and as soon took me through the 3 main lifts I was hooked on powerlifting, well training to powerlift. 3 years and a son later still no competitions under my belt but plans to do one this summer. current "gym prs" 550dl, 345 bench, 500 squat. I am going to be a 2015 cage intern can't want to hangout and make some new bros

Scottemillz
02-26-15, 11:19 am
Latrobe... So Pittsburgh is closest to you? I put it in Erie also, my geography skills are nil...lol

Yes that's it, closest to the burgh. Haha that's alright, growing up I had always heard of Latrobe because of things such as Arnold Palmer and Steelers training camp, but until I moved here 3 years ago I couldn't have told you where it was

Boker
02-27-15, 6:18 pm
Hey guys my name is Bobby, 24 years old out of South Jersey. Been lifting for almost 2 years now got serious in the past year. Still have a lot to learn with diet and supplements. I'm all about learning and listening to advice that will help me succeed and grow. I currently stack animal pak, torrent as an intra workout 2/3 of a serving, post creatine monohydrate and animal whey. Just picked up a few tubs of Animal Whey and I'd say I enjoy it so far. Thanks guys.

LOGANG93
02-27-15, 8:38 pm
I am Logang93 also go by Gfunk, I am a 21 y/o male currently stationed in San Antonio, Tx, but from FLORIDA and intend to go back when my enlistment is up. I have a wife and kid and we are a lifting family. I am not new to lifting but am new to strength. Have never competed, hope to this year. I am a huge fan and am excited to be here and learn.

TWebster
03-09-15, 8:32 pm
Name is Tyler, from Northern Illinois. Got into Powerlifting about two years ago, Been into weights longer than that but found out what i wanted to train. Competed twice at 220 always chasing better numbers. Have a daughter and a son on the way. Full time firefighter/paramedic so workout at work. Looking to purchase my own home gym. Always looking for ways to make myself better.

Ray45
03-09-15, 10:50 pm
What's going on guys I'm Ray I'm 21 just getting into powerlifting previously strength athlete did some bodybuilding got bored with some of the training been powerlifting for couple months now and my first meet is in about two weeks shooting for a National qualifier total in the Junior 20-23 198lb class. I'm a full time college student work a couple jobs hope I have a lot of goals to accomplish so here's to hoping everybody helps each other our here!

weightslayer
03-10-15, 5:06 pm
Hey everyone, I've been lifting for awhile first to just get stronger and then got into bodybuilding, now I've been really into powerlifting for the last 4-5 years. Ive done 4 meets all in the 242's with a shitty squat( don't even want to post it) a 375 BP and a 525 DL. Took the last 2 years off and leaned up a bit but never really got stronger. Starting Wendlers 5/3/1 with a hope of gaining 300lbs on my total in 1-1.5 years. I love this board!!!!

tark
03-10-15, 9:51 pm
What's going on guys I'm Ray I'm 21 just getting into powerlifting previously strength athlete did some bodybuilding got bored with some of the training been powerlifting for couple months now and my first meet is in about two weeks shooting for a National qualifier total in the Junior 20-23 198lb class. I'm a full time college student work a couple jobs hope I have a lot of goals to accomplish so here's to hoping everybody helps each other our here!

Hey everyone, I've been lifting for awhile first to just get stronger and then got into bodybuilding, now I've been really into powerlifting for the last 4-5 years. Ive done 4 meets all in the 242's with a shitty squat( don't even want to post it) a 375 BP and a 525 DL. Took the last 2 years off and leaned up a bit but never really got stronger. Starting Wendlers 5/3/1 with a hope of gaining 300lbs on my total in 1-1.5 years. I love this board!!!!

glad to have both you on board...there are plenty of powerlifters on here to help along the way of both of your journeys.. look forward to seeing the progression of both of you

Bradillac
03-11-15, 1:15 pm
What's up fellas. I'm Bradillac. I got introduced to the forvm, and more into Animal in general by Deanna7272. 5 foot 7, currently 175 pounds. 17 years old. I've been lifting seriously for around 7 or 8 months. I just love lifting, as of now, I don't plan to do any shows, but in the future when i'm big enough, it's a possibility. I might try a powerlifting meet in the 18 year old class. I'll just keep training day in and day out and see what happens.

ahenry
03-12-15, 11:37 am
Hey all,
New to the forvm here. Been a fan of all the Animal Athletes for a while and a big supporter of all their products. Im a sheriffs deputy in VA. I just got started in powerlifting about a year ago. Before that just kinda did bro fitness, so abs and curls in the gym. My numbers are slowly going up. Deadlift 420, squat 360 ish. Bench 230. Just trying to get better. Went to the Arnold and became even more motivated after spending most my time at the Animal Cage. Look forward to learning from every one.

Robb
03-12-15, 3:38 pm
Hey all,
New to the forvm here. Been a fan of all the Animal Athletes for a while and a big supporter of all their products. Im a sheriffs deputy in VA. I just got started in powerlifting about a year ago. Before that just kinda did bro fitness, so abs and curls in the gym. My numbers are slowly going up. Deadlift 420, squat 360 ish. Bench 230. Just trying to get better. Went to the Arnold and became even more motivated after spending most my time at the Animal Cage. Look forward to learning from every one.

Welcome, where in Va do you live I am in the Richmond area

ahenry
03-12-15, 4:31 pm
Welcome, where in Va do you live I am in the Richmond area

Im in Fairfax.

deanna7272
03-12-15, 4:42 pm
What's up fellas. I'm Bradillac. I got introduced to the forvm, and more into Animal in general by Deanna7272. 5 foot 7, currently 175 pounds. 17 years old. I've been lifting seriously for around 7 or 8 months. I just love lifting, as of now, I don't plan to do any shows, but in the future when i'm big enough, it's a possibility. I might try a powerlifting meet in the 18 year old class. I'll just keep training day in and day out and see what happens.

Glad to see you posting Brad!! Look around, check things out and get comfortable... ;-)

The Honey Monster
03-16-15, 7:13 pm
Hi everyone,

My name's Alex, I'm 25 years old, from England and I compete as a powerlifter. I competed in bodybuilding for 6 years prior to starting powerlifting, but did my first meet and fell in love with the sport, I've been competing for one year.

For a job, I run a struggling personal training business which gives me just enough to get by lol. I'll figure it out one day.

My best numbers (all raw) in a meet are: squat 302.5kg/666lbs, bench 190kg/418lbs, deadlift 342.5kg/754lbs.

I look forward to sharing my journey on this forum.

Big Al
03-16-15, 8:30 pm
Hi everyone,

My name's Alex, I'm 25 years old, from England and I compete as a powerlifter. I competed in bodybuilding for 6 years prior to starting powerlifting, but did my first meet and fell in love with the sport, I've been competing for one year.

For a job, I run a struggling personal training business which gives me just enough to get by lol. I'll figure it out one day.

My best numbers (all raw) in a meet are: squat 302.5kg/666lbs, bench 190kg/418lbs, deadlift 342.5kg/754lbs.

I look forward to sharing my journey on this forum.

Keep working hard and treat people good and your name will get out there.

The Honey Monster
03-17-15, 8:04 am
Keep working hard and treat people good and your name will get out there.

Thanks mate :)

noodle
03-18-15, 2:16 pm
Hey fellas

Just trying to get back to the gym after a huge distraction known as college. I am a bit on the older side, 35, and have always been a hard gainer. I've known of animal products from back when I would envy the swole, ripped guys in animal gear at my regular gym a few years, and about 12 pounds ago. I was under the misconception that these supplement were exclusively for huge dudes, Im 6'1" 190, relatively average and struggle to keep that up. Im happy to have finally done my supplement research, found a new gym and got a work out to help me reach my mass gain goals. I look forward to advice and insight from those that have been in the game and I'll keep you posted on my progress so that I too can hopefully spread the knowledge and help other scrawny guys in the future. Thanks guys. And if your curious, I spent my time at college getting a degree in accounting. I hate it, but hoping to one day use that knowledge to open my own business. Have a good workout.

3gl_Ryan
03-30-15, 11:50 am
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and quite new to lifting. I am 17 years old and although I am young I want to learn and better myself in life and lifting and what better way to do that then through the one of the best companies and best community there is and that is ANIMAL.

Lifting and and getting stronger has been the thing that keeps me going and motivated on good and not so good days in the gym and outside the gym. My journey is just beginning and I am excited to grow and be able to learn as much as I can from everybody here.

In the previous year I have been training for strength in the power lifting movements (squats, bench, deadlift) my numbers I can admit aren't great by any means but you have to start somewhere.

I believe the best way to grow is to be surrounded by like-minded people and that is why I am so excited to grow in my journey and learn with all the amazing and talented people here!

MR. C
03-30-15, 11:59 am
Welcome guys!
This community is outstanding! There is so much to be learned from the people here. In a years time I have gained much knowledge from these people.

MR. C
03-30-15, 12:01 pm
Also the people on this board are extremely friendly and everyone shows each other respect. Very rare these days but this place is awesome.

adharsh
03-30-15, 10:23 pm
Hey hey! My name is Adharsh! I'm living in China at the moment! I've been lifting since 2007! my current weight is 77.2 kg ( 170 lbs).

Bench press : 280

Squat : 341

Dead lift : 425

I know guys in my weight class achieve more than these. But I had a knee problem in right (2008) and in my left (2011). So I went through some mental blocking issues every time when I started squatting and dead lifting after my injury! I'm a badminton player as well. So I'm into strength athletic style. Looking forward to hit,

bench press : 315

squat : 382

Dead lift : 500

before this year!

I'll start posting the program, I'm following and I would like to get some feedback from you guys!!

live smart and lift heavy!
adharsh

MR. C
03-31-15, 5:23 am
Glad to meet ya

yoitsalbert
03-31-15, 10:30 pm
As you can tell I'm new here, and kind of new to forums in general. I'm a short, fat power lifter with long hair from a small city near Los Angeles. Been power lifting for about a year and before that just dickin around in the gym for about a year and half not knowing what the hell I was doing, still kind of don't. I was swimmer and cross country runner throughout high school but have since left that behind for lifting and sitting, but looking to get back to it. Hoping to learn and grow from this community.

GunRock
03-31-15, 11:17 pm
As you can tell I'm new here, and kind of new to forums in general. I'm a short, fat power lifter with long hair from a small city near Los Angeles. Been power lifting for about a year and before that just dickin around in the gym for about a year and half not knowing what the hell I was doing, still kind of don't. I was swimmer and cross country runner throughout high school but have since left that behind for lifting and sitting, but looking to get back to it. Hoping to learn and grow from this community.

Welcome!! This is a great family to learn and grow from and with. You'll definitely get out of this what you put in.

Iron Addict
04-14-15, 6:27 pm
Hi there. Just joined the forum and I'm already impressed with the quality of information as well as the way everybody seems to conduct themselves. Seems like the right place to grow stronger! I'm no stranger to the gym, but I'm returning to the iron after a long hiatus and I am still relitively new to powerlifting. Currently running Wendler's 5/3/1, as I enjoyed some nice gains when I had sampled the program once upon a time. My current lifts are nothing worth posting, but I would like to hit a 2X bodyweight DL and 1.5X squat by the end of the year. Anyway, looking forward to being a part of the forum!

Buckfever
04-14-15, 7:20 pm
Hi. Just joined the site, thank you. Lifted when I was younger. Hurt in a car accident, couple years ago. Long healing process started lifting 4 months ago to rehab. And it strikes me as a little crazy because I'm 54 but I'm hooked. Bought squat shoes and started squatted. Great site. Followed Dan Green here, read the whole party thread. Solid info. Started a journal. Train hard!!!

RobDaSavage
04-15-15, 7:04 pm
What's up guys My name is Rob. Been lifting since high school in 2004, Started taking my workouts serious in 2012 with training as a bodybuilding, and eating like a bodybuilder.
A friend of mine started showing me record lifts for the USAPL in my weight classes(currently 295lbs) and I noticed that some of my maxes were actually close.

So I picked a contest to enter and spent 4 weeks training as a powerlifter for the Texas Strength Classic. There I proceeded to win first place in my weight class and also best overall lifter for that class.
Iv'e fallen in love with stepping on the platform. Now I have 8 months to train for Raw Nationals in Pennsylvania, then another 5 months till the March 2016 Arnold Classic in which I hope to get an invite for.
Meet total was 822.5kg
Squat attempts 275kg,292kg,310kg(red lights)
Bench attempts 192.5kg,207.5kg,225kg
Deadlift attempts 287.5kg, 305kg, 322.5kg(red lights)
you can view my lifts from the meet here ---> https://youtu.be/VKrz8sUNdqQ

And like many I have dreams of one day lifting in The CAGE!

GunRock
04-15-15, 9:09 pm
What's up guys My name is Rob. Been lifting since high school in 2004, Started taking my workouts serious in 2012 with training as a bodybuilding, and eating like a bodybuilder.
A friend of mine started showing me record lifts for the USAPL in my weight classes(currently 295lbs) and I noticed that some of my maxes were actually close.

So I picked a contest to enter and spent 4 weeks training as a powerlifter for the Texas Strength Classic. There I proceeded to win first place in my weight class and also best overall lifter for that class.
Iv'e fallen in love with stepping on the platform. Now I have 8 months to train for Raw Nationals in Pennsylvania, then another 5 months till the March 2016 Arnold Classic in which I hope to get an invite for.
Meet total was 822.5kg
Squat attempts 275kg,292kg,310kg(red lights)
Bench attempts 192.5kg,207.5kg,225kg
Deadlift attempts 287.5kg, 305kg, 322.5kg(red lights)
you can view my lifts from the meet here ---> https://youtu.be/VKrz8sUNdqQ

And like many I have dreams of one day lifting in The CAGE!

welcome to The Forvm and congratulations on the Mohawk and beard! My wife won't let me have either so I have to live vicariously through you guys!

RobDaSavage
04-16-15, 12:26 pm
welcome to The Forvm and congratulations on the Mohawk and beard! My wife won't let me have either so I have to live vicariously through you guys!

haha Appreciate it. My Wife digs it, her mom not so much. Traditional Asian type.

physlift314
04-20-15, 12:22 pm
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex. I've been working out since I was about 10 years old with my dad. I just recently transitioned to powerlifting after seeing several of Dan Green's competition videos and after watching The Cage: Brotherhood. I look forward to competing either later this year or next year. I'm finishing up my PhD in physics. Powerlifting is a really great outlet when you wanna punch everyone in the face because their egos are huge and don't listen to you. I look forward to posting on the forum and interacting with the members and pros.

Current stats:
Height: 5ft 10in
Weight: 220lbs
Squat: 450lbs w/ wraps
Bench: 275 lbs
DL: 435lbs sumo.

Coondog
04-24-15, 1:05 pm
Hey guys. Lifetime serious lifter/ fitness and mma guy here. Started watching videos by dan green when I realized my bench was higher then my squat and that needed to change.
I bartend at alices restaurant, I'm also a personal trainer and live almost next door to Boss Barbell Club half the week.
looking forward to learning from some fellow savages.
-Kalvin AKA COONDOG
age-25
height-6'3
weight-195
bench-365
squat-405
dead-495

^^^^^
those numbers will change soon...especially the squat and deadlift

SoCalVet04
04-29-15, 1:30 pm
Hey fellas, I am new to this forum, but definitely not new to Universal. I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things after a hiatus due to college, marriage and family. Thankfully, I was able to keep most of my size. I have missed the smell of the gym so much that is for sure. I started lifting when I joined the Navy back in 2000 and it took off like wildfire! It continued when I joined my command, USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72), and it has been what I love to do. I was training to compete in a natural bodybuilding show years ago, but money and injuries set me back. Maybe one day I will take up that challenge again. But for now I want to shed body-fat and increase my size. I have 2 little girls to look out for and protect from guys. I swear by Universal products and that is what I exclusively buy because they work and it's not bull.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 240lbs. Currently chest is 49", arms are 17", waist 36", and forearms 15.5". So I am thankful that I was able to retain most of it. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting some of you at the ABC meeting as well as picking the brains of the pros. I'm excited to be on here finally and I wish I would have joined sooner.

bdono15
05-04-15, 4:29 pm
Hey guys, just joined up to the forum. I'm a 29 year old irish powerlifter. I lift with the IDFPA and am currently getting ready for the WDFPF World Single Lift Championships in England in June. I'll be competing in the deadlift. Its easily my favourite event. I've been training for about 5 years now but only powerlifting since January 2014. Ive been a massive Universal and Animal fan for years and I've been lucky enough to meet some of the guys at the Bodypower Expo in the UK a few years back.
Looking forward to learning from you guys and hopefully helping out in some small way too.
About me --- 29 years old
6'1 tall
Squat 145kg
Bench 115kg
Deadlift 235kg

Peace!

ake
05-21-15, 5:43 pm
Hello from Cupertino,

Have lifting on and off, never really trained on a consistent basis primarily school schedule has made that hard, just got accepted to graduate school and determined not to fall into the same cycle. My main goal is to get really strong next important goal is to lose weight.

connerh1999
05-21-15, 9:50 pm
Hey guys, I've been lifting for about 16 months, and am 15 years old currently. When i started my lifts were a 145 squat, 95 pound bench, and 185 deadlift @ 140 pounds bodyweight. As of now my meet Pr's are 353/220/402 raw in the 198 class, my training PR's are a 365x3 in just a belt, a 240 paused bench, and a 425 deadlift. im looking to hit 510/300/500 in wraps at Bourbon Barbell Bash in August.

AustinMcCurdy
06-01-15, 9:22 pm
Well here's my "introduce yourself" I am only 20 and as I am scrolling through a lot of these posts seems like I am a bit of a youngin, so I am hoping to gain some quality advice from some of the "veterans". I got into lifting through baseball, and became a fairly successful power lifter in high school and broke a few records. Gave up baseball to live this lifestyle so I have to give it my all, no regrets right? I am now a full time college student and my life revolves around girls, grades, and gains.

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 170lbs
Goal weight: 185lbs

Bench:260
Squat:350
Deadlift: 405

AlphaAgreda
06-18-15, 2:52 pm
What's up everybody? My names Alex im 21 years old and I've only been lifting for about 2 years now but the whole Animal line has had a huge part in it I started working at a large vitamin store here in South Florida when I was 18 as a cashier and quickly grew an interest in the sports section and after learning as much as possible they let me start working and learning more from the section, so I quickly grabbed the Animal Pak can and did as much research on the brand as I could and decided to give lifting a shot. I quickly became addicted and have made a huge change went from 150 pounds at the beginning of 2014 to weighing 220 now and still going. Hoping to learn much more from the guys here and even hoping my knowledge will be useful to some of you guys as well!

Hope everyone has a good lift today!
AlphaAgreda

Gorilla
06-19-15, 11:17 am
Hey guys ! I'm Raphaël from Paris. I've been lifting for more than 4 years. I want to increase my deadlift, squat and bench. I'm 6'2 and 220lbs.

cjwaldron
06-22-15, 1:24 pm
Sup, my names CJ. I'm 15, been working out a year. I weigh 150, I'm 5'9. I live in South GA, and there aren't any powerlifting gyms or anything in my town :( so I just use the next best thing. I joined here after I fell in love with Animal. It started with an Animal duffel, then I started watching the Animal videos on YouTube. Shit is inspiring. Anyways, the majority of my year in the gym was bodybuilding, but the past month and a half or so, I've transitioned into a powerlifting/ bodybuilding hybrid style of training. Been watching Animal videos and other YouTuber's (Mostly Mark Bell...) and in the past month my squat went from a 215 to a 275. My goal for the year is 350 so I think I'm on the right track. I'm looking forward to talking to everyone and giving/ taking advice. This forum is filled to the brim with knowledge, and I'm just trying to take as much in as I can. See ya'll in the FORVM!

GunRock
06-23-15, 12:13 am
Sup, my names CJ. I'm 15, been working out a year. I weigh 150, I'm 5'9. I live in South GA, and there aren't any powerlifting gyms or anything in my town :( so I just use the next best thing. I joined here after I fell in love with Animal. It started with an Animal duffel, then I started watching the Animal videos on YouTube. Shit is inspiring. Anyways, the majority of my year in the gym was bodybuilding, but the past month and a half or so, I've transitioned into a powerlifting/ bodybuilding hybrid style of training. Been watching Animal videos and other YouTuber's (Mostly Mark Bell...) and in the past month my squat went from a 215 to a 275. My goal for the year is 350 so I think I'm on the right track. I'm looking forward to talking to everyone and giving/ taking advice. This forum is filled to the brim with knowledge, and I'm just trying to take as much in as I can. See ya'll in the FORVM!
What part of S. Georgia are you from? My wife's family is from Blakely and she's got relatives in Albany. Gladto have you here.