PDA

View Full Version : Wichita Animals

Pages : [1] 2

Zeophite
05-15-08, 10:43 am
Where are my brothers from Kansas......and why isn't there someone trying to coordinate the Kansas Chapter of the ABC?

Come on....I know your out there. GET INVOLVED

Maharg
05-15-08, 3:30 pm
Where are my brothers from Kansas......and why isn't there someone trying to coordinate the Kansas Chapter of the ABC?

Congrats, you just stepped up, so now, you are the head master of ABC Kansas.

Zeophite
05-15-08, 3:40 pm
I said that I had the "Marbles" for it and I do. I just want to put this damn state on the map. I know there are plenty of lifters. Hell I live in a small town (14,000) and there are at lest twetny-five to fifty guys that could join. I am going to the gym tonight and letting them know about Kansas ABC!

Universal Rep
05-15-08, 3:56 pm
Surprised this is the first in Kansas. Whereabouts in Kansas are ya?

Zeophite
05-15-08, 4:11 pm
It is around the middle of Kansas....an hour from Wichita.

Universal Rep
05-15-08, 4:19 pm
It is around the middle of Kansas....an hour from Wichita.

Are there solid gyms in the McPherson area? If not, you may have to look at Wichita.

Enforcer
05-15-08, 4:21 pm

Nice bro you took my advice and stepped up. Way to take the initiative.

Enforcer
05-15-08, 4:22 pm
I said that I had the "Marbles" for it and I do. I just want to put this damn state on the map. I know there are plenty of lifters. Hell I live in a small town (14,000) and there are at lest twetny-five to fifty guys that could join. I am going to the gym tonight and letting them know about Kansas ABC!

Hell yea bro thats what I'm talking about. Just get them to come to the Forvm and see what it is all about. Way to make things happen

Mr. Dead
05-15-08, 4:26 pm
I go back to Kansas once a year... My family lives in Wichita, which is where I grew up... Went to Bishop Carroll high school... Hopefully when I go back there, next time, you guys will have this up and running and we can hit the iron together!!! Peace.

Zeophite
05-15-08, 5:05 pm
Well McPherson has a gym in town and a local YMCA. Both facilities house lifters of ABC quality and I don't think they will be going anywhere soon. I know what you mean about Wichita and I am trying to establish some connections there. A group of guys from Wichita is moving thirty minutes down the road to train MMA. These guys would be good additions as well.

Zeophite
05-15-08, 5:13 pm
Yeah man. Hit me up if you are ever in Kansas! I

minime_moomey
05-15-08, 5:36 pm
Im a Kansas boy, but seemed to have joined the Mizzou family! LOL. Im not sure exactly where you are thinking of having the Kansas ABC's, but I would definately be in to represent. Im smack in the middle of KC and Wichita basically, but I have family in Wichita so that would be a lot better for me than McPherson...

Zeophite
05-15-08, 6:23 pm
Yeah bro if you know where Wichita is McPherson is right near by. I intend to find someone willing to help me set things up and have the home be in Wichita. I am also planning on moving to a bigger city sometime so that will help things as well. I am always open for whatever.

minime_moomey
05-15-08, 9:08 pm
We have another guy up hear near me (he is from Topeka) that has been going to the KC ABC's as well...We are really centered out here, but I would love to see this get up and running. If you need any help with anything just let me know.

Zeophite
05-16-08, 9:59 am
Please if there is someone in Topeka already available then that would be great. I am not tryin to step on toes. Topeka would be a great center for this thing. I would be willing to go up there and meet with some of the guys! ---Hell I would bring some meat-heads from here and we would all be better off.

minime_moomey
05-16-08, 11:43 am
Please if there is someone in Topeka already available then that would be great. I am not tryin to step on toes. Topeka would be a great center for this thing. I would be willing to go up there and meet with some of the guys! ---Hell I would bring some meat-heads from here and we would all be better off.

I will talk to him and see what he thinks. Like I said, we had been making the trip to KC all the time, but Wichita or especially Topeka would be closer. I live in Emporia and we have a pretty nice gym here as well...I will get ahold of him and get back to you!

Mr. Dead
05-16-08, 11:55 am
Yeah man. Hit me up if you are ever in Kansas! I

Thanks. I'll do that... (Gotta get my yearly Taco Tico fix... *L*)

Universal Rep
05-16-08, 11:57 am
Well McPherson has a gym in town and a local YMCA. Both facilities house lifters of ABC quality and I don't think they will be going anywhere soon. I know what you mean about Wichita and I am trying to establish some connections there. A group of guys from Wichita is moving thirty minutes down the road to train MMA. These guys would be good additions as well.

You're can hold the first ABC in McPherson, but long term, I really think you'll have more luck in Wichita--not just because of the gyms, but because of future members. If ya want, I can check to see if Corporate has any direct relations with gyms in Wichita.

Universal Rep
05-16-08, 11:58 am
I will talk to him and see what he thinks. Like I said, we had been making the trip to KC all the time, but Wichita or especially Topeka would be closer. I live in Emporia and we have a pretty nice gym here as well...I will get ahold of him and get back to you!

How far a drive is it from Topeka to Wichita? If far enough, we should consider starting a Topeka, KS chapter as well.

Mr. Dead
05-16-08, 12:00 pm
How far a drive is it from Topeka to Wichita? If far enough, we should consider starting a Topeka, KS chapter as well.

From what I remember of the drive, that would be the ideal situation...

minime_moomey
05-16-08, 12:08 pm

Well here is what we have...I live in Emporia (about 35 minutes south of Topeka, and about an hour north of Wichita). I honestly dont mind the drive either way, because up until this point my only other option is KC which is about 2 hours for me now. Topeka seems to be almost perfectly centered from Wichita and KC, looking to be about an hour and a half either way...

Universal Rep
05-16-08, 12:27 pm
Well here is what we have...I live in Emporia (about 35 minutes south of Topeka, and about an hour north of Wichita). I honestly dont mind the drive either way, because up until this point my only other option is KC which is about 2 hours for me now. Topeka seems to be almost perfectly centered from Wichita and KC, looking to be about an hour and a half either way...

Well, we have an ABC that regularly holds events in Kansas City. And KC is about 60 miles from Topeka, so, I think Wichita/McPherson would make more sense. Emporia is sorta between Wichita and Topeka, so it looks like you have some options for attending different ABCs.

minime_moomey
05-16-08, 12:44 pm
Well, we have an ABC that regularly holds events in Kansas City. And KC is about 60 miles from Topeka, so, I think Wichita/McPherson would make more sense. Emporia is sorta between Wichita and Topeka, so it looks like you have some options for attending different ABCs.

Yeah I know...I have been to a KC ABC. I am totally down for Wichita. As mentioned I am right in the middle and totally ok with that! The KC guys are great and Wichita would be closer so just let me know if there is anything I can do to help get this bad boy off the ground!

Zeophite
05-16-08, 12:47 pm
From what I remember of the drive, that would be the ideal situation...

I think that having the main chapter in Topeka would be cool, or a split between Wichita and Topeka would be awsome. I am really close to Wichita and I am about two hours from Topeka.

Universal Rep
05-16-08, 12:51 pm
I think that having the main chapter in Topeka would be cool, or a split between Wichita and Topeka would be awsome. I am really close to Wichita and I am about two hours from Topeka.

If you fellas don't object, let's make this the Wichita KS chapter.

minime_moomey
05-16-08, 1:13 pm
If you fellas don't object, let's make this the Wichita KS chapter.

Sounds good to me!

Zeophite
05-16-08, 1:26 pm
This is sweet. Wichita it is!

I knew there were people out here in Kansas that were willing to do this. I am going to hunt for some new members. I have a buddy that is out of town right now, but this next week will be joining and he is from here in McPherson.

Themostocles
05-18-08, 9:52 pm
I maybe a KC boy, but let me know when you are holding it and I would be more than happy to come down. -T.

minime_moomey
05-18-08, 10:08 pm
I maybe a KC boy, but let me know when you are holding it and I would be more than happy to come down. -T.

Wouldnt even think of having it without you!

Themostocles
05-18-08, 10:25 pm
I appreciate it :). -T.

Zeophite
05-20-08, 4:44 pm
I am thinking that some time in the first two weeks of June the group of us can meet at a gym in Wichita and maybe hang out and discuss some things. I wanted some ideas as far as the gym. I can contact them, but any ideas would be great.

Thanks everyone.....

minime_moomey
05-20-08, 7:29 pm
How about trying out one of their "Genesis" facilities? They have four, so if you just want to pick the most convenient place and go from there. http://www.genesishealthclubs.com/index.php this is their home page. Take a look at it, if you like the looks of it pick a location and just let me know. I will mapquest it. How does the second weekend in June sound for you guys? Im good any time, but I know our KC buddy that would want to come is doing his ABC this weekend and that would at least give him a small break before shooting off to another...Just hit me back.

Zeophite
05-20-08, 11:07 pm
Sounds good. I was thinkning of the first or second weekend in June. I graduate from College this weekend and will be very busy. I didn't want to go to the damn graduation, but family, friends and professors are giving me a hard time about it so I gave in and I am going to the damn thing. I don't really like all of this look-at-me bullshit if you know what I mean.

Genesis is good, if you think of somethin else let me know. I am going to call a guy this weekend that trains MMA and he might have some ideas about that are. He actually used to live in Wichita.

minime_moomey
05-21-08, 7:53 am
Sounds good. I was thinkning of the first or second weekend in June. I graduate from College this weekend and will be very busy. I didn't want to go to the damn graduation, but family, friends and professors are giving me a hard time about it so I gave in and I am going to the damn thing. I don't really like all of this look-at-me bullshit if you know what I mean.

Genesis is good, if you think of somethin else let me know. I am going to call a guy this weekend that trains MMA and he might have some ideas about that are. He actually used to live in Wichita.

LOL. I know what you mean about graduation! If I ever make it that far, Im sure I will feel the same way. Im good for either of those weekends, just let me know!

Greg_G
05-22-08, 4:36 pm
What up??? I am in Wichita! I will do whatever I can to help out, including making a website for the Wichita Animal BB Club!!!!

Let's get on top of this... Where does everyone lift at? I work out at McConnell because I am military but I also fork out money and have a YMCA membership. I go there about once a week or so.

minime_moomey
05-22-08, 7:46 pm
What up??? I am in Wichita! I will do whatever I can to help out, including making a website for the Wichita Animal BB Club!!!!

Let's get on top of this... Where does everyone lift at? I work out at McConnell because I am military but I also fork out money and have a YMCA membership. I go there about once a week or so.

I live in Emporia, but I am relatively familiar with Wichita (my mom used to live there). I am up for lifting anywhere. I am just ready to see this baby jump off the ground!

Greg_G
05-22-08, 8:58 pm
I live in Emporia, but I am relatively familiar with Wichita (my mom used to live there). I am up for lifting anywhere. I am just ready to see this baby jump off the ground!

Cool.... Lol my Wife hates the idea of me lifting with a bunch of strangers, but she is a couch potato, lol... We should all get something planned out. Maybe lift somewhere and then head to a restaurant for lunch or something. I am a morning lifter kinda guy... Maybe something around 10am or something on a Saturday morning or something...

HELL, if you are all YMCA members or something maybe we can do bi-weekly meets or something at the same Y, I dunno. There are tons of possibilities.

minime_moomey
05-22-08, 9:04 pm
Cool.... Lol my Wife hates the idea of me lifting with a bunch of strangers, but she is a couch potato, lol... We should all get something planned out. Maybe lift somewhere and then head to a restaurant for lunch or something. I am a morning lifter kinda guy... Maybe something around 10am or something on a Saturday morning or something...

HELL, if you are all YMCA members or something maybe we can do bi-weekly meets or something at the same Y, I dunno. There are tons of possibilities.

LOL. My wife was the same way when I went to the KC ABC last month, but truth be told, those guys are amazing. (Dont tell them I said that). I am totally down for a meal afterwards. Thats whats great about the ABC's. Great lifting sessions and great company. Lets find out what the guys think would be best (first or second weekend in June). What are the daily rates at the Y?

Greg_G
05-22-08, 9:18 pm
I am not sure on the Daily rate but I will check. I don't know about Cameras and shit though, people might think that's a little weird, lol.... I know it's pretty busy in there sometimes. Maybe some pics in the parking lot and some at the restaurant or something, I dunno... The Y might have rules against cameras too in respect to the other members, I don't know...

I will look into the daily rate. If anything I will email some other gyms in the area and see if I can work something out. I plan on making a Wichita ABC club website so maybe the gym we use can be advertised on there and in return they hook the ABC members up once or twice a month, I don't know.

Zeophite
05-23-08, 11:48 am
Thanks Greg_G. Having someone in Wichita is a big help. Plus you will know where all the good food is going to be!

Greg_G
05-23-08, 11:09 pm
Thanks Greg_G. Having someone in Wichita is a big help. Plus you will know where all the good food is going to be!

:) :) :)

What kind of food do you guys like??? If you want steak.... Texas Road House or Logans!!!

Zeophite
05-27-08, 12:14 pm
Logans is awsome. I love that place!

Shoot some dates. The second weekend in June would be best for me. The 7th would be a good day to meet up!

Enforcer
05-27-08, 12:37 pm
I am thinking that some time in the first two weeks of June the group of us can meet at a gym in Wichita and maybe hang out and discuss some things. I wanted some ideas as far as the gym. I can contact them, but any ideas would be great.

Thanks everyone.....

Do you guys have a head count? Or an idea of how many are going thus far?

minime_moomey
05-27-08, 8:00 pm
Im good for the 7th as well...The only weekend Im no good in June is the 21st...Lets get a specific date and a head count this week and start throwing this thing together!

Greg_G
05-28-08, 6:53 am
I need to look into some things.

Greg_G
05-29-08, 1:55 am
We need a head count!!!

Who would be down for the 7th of June at the NORTH YMCA in Wichita, KS????

Let's say 10am or so??? We can figure all that out eventually...

I figure if we can, we meet in the back of the parking lot, BS, take some pics, then go workout... Then head somewhere for some food and some more pics. How does that sound for everyone???

I will check on the day rate for the gym as well.... My wife works there but unfortunetly I can't get any 'hook up' on anything, even as a member I get no certain amount of 'x' passes.

And uh..... Do we need Animal shirts because that could be a problem.....

Tonight at work I have a gym I will email as well to see if we can use it for free, or get a really good deal. But the YMCA is also up for us, I just wanna find somewhere with the best deal for everyone.

minime_moomey
05-29-08, 1:33 pm
We need a head count!!!

Who would be down for the 7th of June at the NORTH YMCA in Wichita, KS????

Let's say 10am or so??? We can figure all that out eventually...

I figure if we can, we meet in the back of the parking lot, BS, take some pics, then go workout... Then head somewhere for some food and some more pics. How does that sound for everyone???

I will check on the day rate for the gym as well.... My wife works there but unfortunetly I can't get any 'hook up' on anything, even as a member I get no certain amount of 'x' passes.

And uh..... Do we need Animal shirts because that could be a problem.....

Tonight at work I have a gym I will email as well to see if we can use it for free, or get a really good deal. But the YMCA is also up for us, I just wanna find somewhere with the best deal for everyone.

Im down for the seventh for sure. Are you 100% the Y doesnt allow pics inside? That seems strange. Has anyone from the forvm sent you the banner we take the pic with? They would also be the ones to ask about shirts...

Greg_G
05-30-08, 12:43 am
Im down for the seventh for sure. Are you 100% the Y doesnt allow pics inside? That seems strange. Has anyone from the forvm sent you the banner we take the pic with? They would also be the ones to ask about shirts...

No... And I will check on the pics....

And I found out today that the 7th is my mother in laws birthday party and my wife works the first half of that day... So the 7th would be a BAD day for me, I wouldn't be able to make it.

However the nest weekend should be a go... Would need to be 1pm or later though, I completely forgot that my wife work Saturday mornings, at the Y, but I watch the kids while she's gone.

I can do a sunday morning though.

Zeophite
05-30-08, 9:44 am
8-14-08

This seems like a logical fit. We can go in the afternoon, that gives us guys from Mac time to get down there. I don't want to get up too early in the morning.

I don't think that we need animal shirts. We can talk about alot of this stuff considering it will be our first formal meeting. I am sure that just setting this up and getting people to it will be a huge first step.

GregG thanks for all the input and help. Let us know and I think that we can work around whatever you need us to.

Zeophite
05-30-08, 9:46 am
So far I know that there will be three guys going from McPherson. There may be a fourth but he is still questionable.

minime_moomey
05-30-08, 7:53 pm
I should be good for the 14th as well...The only time I know for sure I cant do it is the following weekend (21st).

Hola Bola
05-31-08, 1:05 am
Kansas represent!

Its about a 3 hr drive from KC, but I'd like to come to one eventually. I probably won't be able to in June, but I'll keep an eye out for future Wichita ANIMAL sessions.

Who's the official chapter coordinator?

Themostocles
05-31-08, 1:37 am
Kansas represent!

Its about a 3 hr drive from KC, but I'd like to come to one eventually. I probably won't be able to in June, but I'll keep an eye out for future Wichita ANIMAL sessions.

Who's the official chapter coordinator?

Hey H. If they got one in August I will probably head down also. If you wanna carpool. -T.

minime_moomey
05-31-08, 9:46 am
Alright! My guys!!! Woohoo! LOL. I think Zeophite is officially the man in charge...

Greg_G
06-02-08, 6:12 am
8-14-08

This seems like a logical fit. We can go in the afternoon, that gives us guys from Mac time to get down there. I don't want to get up too early in the morning.

I don't think that we need animal shirts. We can talk about alot of this stuff considering it will be our first formal meeting. I am sure that just setting this up and getting people to it will be a huge first step.

GregG thanks for all the input and help. Let us know and I think that we can work around whatever you need us to.

So nothing until August???

minime_moomey
06-02-08, 1:22 pm
Thats supposed to be JUNE 14th isnt it?!

Greg_G
06-03-08, 5:00 am
Thats supposed to be JUNE 14th isnt it?!

Should be.... What will the location and stuff be???

minime_moomey
06-03-08, 6:27 am
Should be.... What will the location and stuff be???

Okay how does this work for everyone:

Date/Time: June 21st, 1:00 P.M.

Place: North YMCA in Wichita

Workout: TBD (Throw out some ideas)

P.W. Meal: TBD

Animals attending
minime_moomey

If this works for everyone lets get an official head count by adding your name to the list.

Zeophite
06-03-08, 10:19 am
Workouts can be determined when we get there! Some people may want to do different things and that is all good.

I dont' care where we eat

Greg_G
06-04-08, 3:41 am
Workouts can be determined when we get there! Some people may want to do different things and that is all good.

I dont' care where we eat

Agreed... I just need to double check with my wife on the date and time, I should be there though.

Zeophite
06-04-08, 9:37 am
Thanks everyone for participating. This is great.

Universal Rep
06-04-08, 10:46 am
Looks like Tulsa is just gettin' off the ground fellas... If any of you can lend some support, that'd be great: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=414611#post414611

minime_moomey
06-10-08, 9:54 pm
Is this still going down Saturday? Did anyone find out prices for a day pass at the Y? What was the final head count? Zeophite, have you gotten ahold of anyone at headquarters about what we need (banner, etc.)? The time is drawing near...

Zeophite
06-11-08, 5:13 pm
1. We need to know who can meet?

2. There are officially three guys from Mac going
we can meet anywhere on saturday!

3. Does anyone know the daily pass rates for the Y?? (address would help us guys from mac!)

If this is not going to work with everyone let me know??

Zeophite
06-11-08, 5:16 pm
Looks like Tulsa is just gettin' off the ground fellas... If any of you can lend some support, that'd be great: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=414611#post414611

What all do we need to make this official. The time is getting close for our first meeting!

minime_moomey
06-11-08, 7:06 pm
Get ahold of Universal Rep (via PM) and ask for sure. Im good for Saturday. The address for the Y would be nice! So one from here, three from Mac, and Greg for Wichita...That isnt a bad turnout for the first! I will also ask fourthirty (from Tulsa) once we have the definate on all of this. Time is near...Lets do it. Like I said, just get ahold of Universal Rep!

Zeophite
06-12-08, 10:24 am
There is a big problem for the guys here in Mac. Two of us cannot attend including myself. We are really sorry and will explain further when we know more.

My friend is dating my sister-in-law and we both must be with family right now. He is practically my brother-in-law and part of the family. We told him that it would be ok if he did not attend but he insisted.

Sorry for any inconvenience this casued anybody, but pray for us!

Zeophite
06-12-08, 10:25 am
Get ahold of Universal Rep (via PM) and ask for sure. Im good for Saturday. The address for the Y would be nice! So one from here, three from Mac, and Greg for Wichita...That isnt a bad turnout for the first! I will also ask fourthirty (from Tulsa) once we have the definate on all of this. Time is near...Lets do it. Like I said, just get ahold of Universal Rep!

Minime_moomey if you would like to take over and handle stuff that would be fine with me. I am going to be absent from here for a little while!

minime_moomey
06-12-08, 1:27 pm
Hey Zeo. Sorry to hear about the problems bro. We are here for you if you need! I will go ahead and see what we can get going. Take care and let me know if there is anything I can do!

naturalguy
06-12-08, 4:18 pm
minime, you've got a pm

minime_moomey
06-12-08, 4:30 pm
Alright everyone, from the sounds of it, this Saturday is sounding like a no-go. I can make the trip, so if anyone is interested there is no reason we cant still get together "unofficially." As for an official gathering, I need to know when is good for everyone. To our guys in McPherson, I understand you have things going on, just keep in touch. Everyone else, who is good for the 28th? Shout out with some suggestions!

hrdwork
01-26-09, 9:20 pm
Are any of you all from Manhattan or go to K-State? I'm from KC but if you guys get an event going please let me know!

I've seen a guy in his yellow ABC shirt at our rec center but haven't had a chance to talk to him yet...

JasonG
01-29-09, 3:01 am
I was excited as hell when I came upon this but it looks it kind of fell off. I just joined the Forvm and reading up what the ABC is all about. If anyone is interested still I get home from my deployment soon. I'm active Air Force at McConnell but rotate the different Y's in Wichita, mostly the east and north Y's. Genesis is a good club but became a Y member so the whole family can enjoy. Well hit me up if you want to get this going again and I'll help anyway I can.

minime_moomey
02-01-09, 12:53 pm
I havent peeked here in quite a while, but I would love to see something get down in Wichita. When do you get back from deployment? It would be nice to try and revive this thing.

JasonG
02-01-09, 1:42 pm
I was supposed to leave today but they pushed me back until the 4th. My major is trying to fight it, it's a long story. Yeah getting something going in Wichita would be great. Where do you lift?

minime_moomey
02-02-09, 9:52 am
Well I actually live in Emporia, but I have family in Wichita. That and it isnt too bad of a drive for ABC's.

JasonG
02-02-09, 7:59 pm
Oh ok that's about half way to KC right?

minime_moomey
02-03-09, 11:19 am
Yup. The distance to Wichita is about 20 miles shorter, but I know it a lot better than KC...

Greg_G
02-17-09, 6:03 am
Jason, you stationed at McConnell? I am as well...

fatirishman53
04-02-09, 10:49 pm
What's up Kansas Animals?! I just joined the forvm this week and saw fellow Kansans on this thing and had to see what it was all about. I'm afraid I'm not very up to speed on what goes on at these get togethers. However, I attend the Northwest Y in Wichita regularly and saw a couple questions that I may be able to help with. I'm not sure about the whole pictures thing, but I DO know that I took a friend to the gym a couple times and they let him in for $6 with a member.

I am very busy with school (the never ending engineering degree), work, and family, but I would like to participate in any way that I can. Let me know if I can help.

JasonG
04-03-09, 2:07 am
Jason, you stationed at McConnell? I am as well...

Yeah I'm at McConnell. I train at the North, South, and sometimes East Y. What squadron are you in and where do you go?

MitchWill
04-30-09, 5:33 pm
I'd be all for driving from Fort Riley to wherever. I'm in Iraq right now. I come home on r&r in about 24 days. Then I'll be home for good around November.

MitchWill
05-01-09, 2:05 pm
If anyone is interested in doing this hit me up on msn or yahoo I'm williams _ mitchell at hotmail.

bigweights74
05-10-09, 2:38 pm
Yo Fellas I'm down to get somthing started in KS, I live in Great Bend bout 2 hrs away from Wichita but I'm up for the drive. I can even get somthing started in Great Bend if need be?? Just let me know and I'll get it hooked up wherever that would be some shit lets get somehing going fellas for real. I'm down.

minime_moomey
05-17-09, 7:14 pm
Now that school is out for summer I should have more time to hit up something like this. I am in Emporia, but if we do Wichita, that shouldnt be any problem. I know we have tried quite a few times and people end up backing out and we just havent been able to land one yet. Lets start trying to get this thing off the ground!

bigweights74
05-17-09, 9:51 pm
Now that school is out for summer I should have more time to hit up something like this. I am in Emporia, but if we do Wichita, that shouldnt be any problem. I know we have tried quite a few times and people end up backing out and we just havent been able to land one yet. Lets start trying to get this thing off the ground!

Yeah bro for sure!!! I don't know a date yet man but let me get a hold of a few people about a gym and I will get something set in stone everyone just needs to let me know good times and dates I personally was thinking sometime in July but that's me. So anyone you know or whatever let em know and lets get on the ball peace.

minime_moomey
05-18-09, 8:30 am
Sounds good. My BEST days are Sunday, but I can also do Saturdays, but they are a little tighter schedule wise (it would have to be in the afternoon...). Lets get this thing going for sure!

C.Coronato
05-18-09, 10:32 am
If you guys need any help, gyms, dates, samples, shoot me a PM. Ill be more than happy to help you guys roll into the summer time ABC fests.

bigweights74
05-20-09, 9:19 am
Ok guys looks like I am going to shoot for July 11 or 12 you just let me know what works best for you and we can make it happen. I have contacted a few gyms and I am just waiting to hear back from them. So you guys decide what is the best time for you and lets get it done. peace

bigweights74
06-18-09, 9:59 pm
Hey if anyone is still interested in this ABC we are holding one in Wichita the 12th of July. So post here or pm me.

bigweights74
07-26-09, 5:47 pm
Hey if anyone is still interested in this ABC we are holding one in Wichita the 12th of July. So post here or pm me.

Ok fellas we have a new abc in line for aug. 24 time has not yet been verified but I am free on sundays. I know there has to be some more people in wichita or surrounding areas to join in on this. There is no reason there hasn't been one in ks yet. I personally would enjoy lifting with some fellow animals I will be posting up some flyers around town to promote this event more. So lets go animal step up and join in. YOU CAN'T JUST CALL YOURSELF AN ANIMAL YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT THIS IS THE PERFECT TIME LET'S MOVE SOME WEIGHTS.

BigAnt
07-26-09, 6:49 pm
Hey;

Genesis Health Clubs in Wichita, KS...A NGA Natural Pro friend of mine used to manage some...Robert Greene...Maybe look him up and get him involved, he is a super guy and would love to get in on these and I heard these gyms where pretty good!

bigweights74
07-26-09, 8:10 pm
Hey;

Genesis Health Clubs in Wichita, KS...A NGA Natural Pro friend of mine used to manage some...Robert Greene...Maybe look him up and get him involved, he is a super guy and would love to get in on these and I heard these gyms where pretty good!

Cool bro thanks!! I'll see what I can do on looking him up and talking to genesis and getting them on board with everything is about.

minime_moomey
07-26-09, 8:33 pm
My cousin that plans on joining us is a member at a Genesis. I will hit him up and see what he can help with also!

bigweights74
07-26-09, 9:15 pm
My cousin that plans on joining us is a member at a Genesis. I will hit him up and see what he can help with also!

Yeah bro I am going to shoot them an email tonite and see what I can come up with as far as getting them up to date on the animal abc and the pics and all that stuff. But whatever he can come up with would be cool.

bigweights74
07-27-09, 10:08 am
Ok fellas this is the roll call for the Wichita abc for Aug. 23 at 1:30 pm so everyone wanting to join in let me know either here or pm me.

JasonG
07-27-09, 12:31 pm
I'll be there as long as I don't get sent out on the road. I should be alright because I deploy in September. I'll let you know if I can't make it.

bigweights74
07-27-09, 12:51 pm
I'll be there as long as I don't get sent out on the road. I should be alright because I deploy in September. I'll let you know if I can't make it.

ok bro so thats two people for sure

bigweights74
07-27-09, 6:03 pm
OK fellas we need some more animals to join in on this abc I will be posting flyers up but we need some guys already on here to join in as well

minime_moomey
07-27-09, 8:29 pm
Ok, that is a Sunday so I should be all systems go. I will definately let you know if something comes up. I hope to be able to bring along a couple of guys as well...They seem to have committment issues...

bigweights74
07-27-09, 8:56 pm
Ok, that is a Sunday so I should be all systems go. I will definately let you know if something comes up. I hope to be able to bring along a couple of guys as well...They seem to have committment issues...

Hey bro like I said before all are welcome just make sure they sign up to the forvm bro and it's all good and prob some t's too. So we got 3 maybe more thats good fellas. If anyone else wants to put up flyers that is great too. later fellas

bigweights74
07-31-09, 9:27 pm
fellas fellas lets get some more people on here..

Roll call again lets go guys we need all the people we can put the word out I'm doin my part

bigweights74
08-03-09, 8:33 am
Bad news fellas!!! I am not going to be able to make it to the abc. I have moved and just don't have the money to get back to Wichita. Sorry fellas but someone else is gonna bave to take over the abc. I may be able to make some other abc's in the future but just can't make this one.

C.Coronato
02-16-10, 9:38 am
Here is your invitation:

The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

When
Saturday, 3/6/10 at 8pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Who
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29729

brock.s
04-13-10, 10:54 pm
lets get this started up in wichita again
i live right in the heart of wichita and know alot of people who would be interested if we got this going again

bigweights74
04-17-10, 7:43 pm
hey bro you still wanna get something goin??? I'm down I'll make the trip for an abc??

MitchWill
04-18-10, 11:31 am
I'm ready to get something going. I live in Junction City but I'm willing to drive down to hit some weight. Plus it will give my wife an excuse to go shopping haha. Let me know.

bigweights74
04-18-10, 12:01 pm
I was thinkin give it a few months to get a group going let everyone plan it out with work and family. I live 4 hrs away now from Wichita so I gotta plan around work and family so what looks good to you guys??

MitchWill
04-18-10, 9:06 pm
I was thinking of making a trip to Wichita the first weekend of June. Would anyone be able to do something around this time? I could also do the first weekend in May but that may not be enough time for people out of the area. I would be willing to be the coordinator for this if I get at least 5 people going. Let me know guys.

bigweights74
04-18-10, 9:16 pm
I can't make it the first part of June maybe end of July.

MitchWill
04-18-10, 10:12 pm
I can't make it the first part of June maybe end of July.

We can do another one then. I think it would be pretty good to get at least one a month going.

bigweights74
04-19-10, 7:05 pm
cool with me bro!!! that would be pretty pimp to get one going once a month and get the wichita animals a little more involved in the game.

JasonG
04-21-10, 2:59 am
Hey all I'm in Wichita also and would be down for getting something going. I'm in the military and travel alot but if it works out with my schedule I would definitely be there.

MitchWill
04-21-10, 7:25 pm
Hey all I'm in Wichita also and would be down for getting something going. I'm in the military and travel alot but if it works out with my schedule I would definitely be there.

What would be good with your schedule? I'm good for the first weekend of May. We still need like 2 more people at least, so if you guys have any friends that wanna come and hit it let me know.

JasonG
04-21-10, 11:03 pm
That's Memorial Day weekend and I'll be in Oklahoma. Any other weekend would be good for me though. I do go on TDYs on short notice though so I can't guarrantee anything. I've got a couple lifting buddies. I'll send them here if they want to do this.

MitchWill
04-22-10, 1:32 pm
I need the total number of people that would be able to make it the first weekend of May. I need at least 3 more people, so tell your friends or even someone who is looking to get started. This could be the motivation they need.

MitchWill
04-26-10, 9:17 pm
Alright bros. I talked to corporate and he said he would hook us up for the first weekend of May. Message me how many people you're bringing so I can let him know.

Aggression
04-28-10, 12:53 pm
Where/when is this one going down fellas?

MitchWill
04-28-10, 1:04 pm
Where/when is this one going down fellas?

It'll be at the YMCA on 3330 N. Woodlawn. Time is Saturday May 1 at 2:00. Message me if you need directions or have questions.

Aggression
04-28-10, 1:07 pm
It'll be at the YMCA on 3330 N. Woodlawn. Time is Saturday May 1 at 2:00. Message me if you need directions or have questions.

The date is set.

Get a roll call started!

MitchWill
04-28-10, 9:26 pm
I have myself plus one. Who else is coming?

MitchWill
05-02-10, 11:06 am
Let me know when would be a good time for you guys to do one of these.

MitchWill
05-06-10, 1:35 pm
Any military in Kansas wanna get one started?

C.Coronato
05-06-10, 2:09 pm
Whats up my man. I know there are few out that way, but not necessarily Military. Hola Bola was in Kansas City and is a Drill Sergeant in the military, he would be the man to talk to for sure, if none of these are close, you are more than welcome to get one going at Ft. Riley as well.

Liberal - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27068
Wichita - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17856
Great Bend - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=25305
Kansas City - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10717

minime_moomey
05-08-10, 8:34 pm
I havent checked in here in quite some time...I live in Emporia, but with enough notice I have me plus one when this gets rolling. I will be better about checking in here. I would really like to get this going, but it just never seems to get rolling...

B.S.
01-10-11, 3:14 am
noticed kansas still isnt too involved in the abc. someone should get this moving along,

C.Coronato
01-10-11, 10:06 am
noticed kansas still isnt too involved in the abc. someone should get this moving along,

Where are you located my man? There are a few other chapters as well:

Liberal - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=27068
Wichita - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17856
Great Bend - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=25305
Kansas City - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10717

B.S.
01-10-11, 5:34 pm
currently located in wichita.

JasonG
01-10-11, 10:44 pm
currently located in wichita.

Where do you lift? I rotate the different Ymca's depending on what I'm working.

C.Coronato
01-11-11, 9:07 am
Not sure if you are looking to travel, but they have an event coming up in Kansas City - http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?10717-Kansas-City-Animals/page38

B.S.
01-11-11, 3:36 pm
Where do you lift? I rotate the different Ymca's depending on what I'm working.

i go to the northwest y, live about 2 miles away from there

JasonG
01-11-11, 10:36 pm
Oh ok my inlaws live in a development right behind there and about a block west. That's about the only one I haven't trained at yet. How is it there?

B.S.
01-13-11, 9:19 pm
Oh ok my inlaws live in a development right behind there and about a block west. That's about the only one I haven't trained at yet. How is it there?

Really good but always a little bit too crowded to keep a good pace going

B.S.
01-14-11, 1:43 am
Well let's get together and lift sometime. I really would like to get something going

JasonG
01-15-11, 9:40 am
Yeah man for sure. We need to get some more people together and get an ABC thing going too.

B.S.
01-16-11, 12:17 am
Thats what I'm trying to do man. Got a few interested people as well that are joining the forum. Lets get a successfull abc going.

JasonG
01-16-11, 10:20 pm
Cool. The few people I train with aren't interested in joining the forvm.

B.S.
01-17-11, 1:53 am
Well thats lame ill see what I can do to round up some people and get back with you in a week

minime_moomey
01-17-11, 3:17 pm
Im In Emporia so its a bit of a drive, but I am down if you guys get anything going. I will also be in town the last weekend of this month if you guys are able to get anything rounded up within the next two weeks...Just keep me posted

Hola Bola
01-17-11, 3:39 pm
Cool. The few people I train with aren't interested in joining the forvm.

You can invite people to come who aren't on the forum. After hanging out at an ABC and lifting together they might change their minds.

minime_moomey
01-17-11, 8:24 pm
You can invite people to come who aren't on the forum. After hanging out at an ABC and lifting together they might change their minds.

Exactly. Or have them meet Hola Bola. No exaggeration, I have never been the same since we shared one brief moment puking in a restroom sink in a gym in Lee's Summit during a brutal leg session. The guy is a walking inspiration!

JasonG
01-17-11, 10:44 pm

I know a few people. Depends on when we can get this rolling. My career field in the AF goes out on the road alot. I know of one for sure that would go. But he leaves for the desert soon.

Hola Bola
01-18-11, 8:47 pm
Check out the KC thread... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?10717-Kansas-City-Animals

We are having an ABC probably in Overland Park on Feb 13th at Noon. I'm not sure what the guest fee is, probably around $10. I'll post when I know for sure. I hope you all can come!

Exactly. Or have them meet Hola Bola. No exaggeration, I have never been the same since we shared one brief moment puking in a restroom sink in a gym in Lee's Summit during a brutal leg session. The guy is a walking inspiration!

Thanks man... and that was a brutal leg session. We need to hit legs at this upcoming ABC.

minime_moomey
01-19-11, 3:27 pm
Thanks man... and that was a brutal leg session. We need to hit legs at this upcoming ABC.[/QUOTE]

Im sitting here icing what is possible a quad tear as I read this...FML. Worst day of my life!

Hola Bola
01-19-11, 7:32 pm
Im sitting here icing what is possible a quad tear as I read this...FML. Worst day of my life!

Damn... sorry to hear that. Hopefully its just a bad muscle strain!

minime_moomey
01-20-11, 12:06 pm
Damn... sorry to hear that. Hopefully its just a bad muscle strain!

Thanks buddy. Fingers crossed...It is feeling quite a bit better today and I am able to walk with only a slight limp, so hopefully!

bigweights74
01-23-11, 4:52 pm
Yo what up fellas!! I'm still down for an abc here in KS!! I am currently doing p90x to get cut up right now but if anyone is still interested let me or any of us know and lets see what we can get going!!!

minime_moomey
01-23-11, 7:03 pm
Yo what up fellas!! I'm still down for an abc here in KS!! I am currently doing p90x to get cut up right now but if anyone is still interested let me or any of us know and lets see what we can get going!!!

I already hit you by pm, but Im down. Need to get some of these Wichita guys to let us out of towners know what they want to do!

bigweights74
01-23-11, 7:15 pm
I was thinkin around may if everyone else is down for it!! Wife is having a baby in March so I gotta be around for that but May is cool with me let us know fellas!!!

JasonG
01-23-11, 10:48 pm
May should work. Interviewing for a new position tomorrow and if I get it I won't be deploying any time soon. Your the out of towner, when it gets close tell us what works for you.

bigweights74
01-24-11, 6:19 am
Aight bro!! We gotta get some more people involved in this I know there are plenty of lifters in Wichita the gyms were always packed when I used to lived there!!!

minime_moomey
01-24-11, 9:58 am
May should work. Interviewing for a new position tomorrow and if I get it I won't be deploying any time soon. Your the out of towner, when it gets close tell us what works for you.

Im really down for whenever, Although Im out of town, I go to Wichita quite a bit and its an easy drive. If you guys want to wait until May we can, but if you guys can get anything going before then, I am good to go. I also expect to be at least a plus one, maybe two...

C.Coronato
01-24-11, 12:15 pm
Glad to see Wichita stepping back on the map .. Let me know if you guys need any help with anything.

bigweights74
01-26-11, 11:32 am
cmon brothas lets get some people involved!! gotta have atleast 5 or 6 people!!!

B.S.
01-27-11, 10:50 am
have a gym, have a few people, need a date and some more heads couldnt hurt

minime_moomey
01-27-11, 12:04 pm
have a gym, have a few people, need a date and some more heads couldnt hurt

Since you got most of the crew already there, talk it over with them and decide a date. Just let me know and I will make it happen. I usually work until noon or so on Saturday, so if its a saturday it will need to be later in the day or sunday Im good all day. Just let me know and I will let you know if i can round up another guy or two to carpool that way.

B.S.
02-03-11, 11:54 pm
hows the first week of march everyone?
who on the forvm can for sure make it around that time?

JasonG
02-04-11, 1:13 pm
hows the first week of march everyone?
who on the forvm can for sure make it around that time?

Shouldn't be a problem. What gym are you thinking, Y or Genesis?

B.S.
02-04-11, 3:44 pm
i was thinking y
they are down with it but waiting for a management call on details

JasonG
02-04-11, 9:36 pm
i was thinking y
they are down with it but waiting for a management call on details

Ok cool that's where I work out, but if they won't allow pictures then I wouldn't mind paying a day pass. I personally wouldn't even ask.

bigweights74
02-17-11, 4:53 pm
Where we at with the abc fellas???

minime_moomey
02-19-11, 2:01 pm
Count me in when final plans are set up.

bigweights74
02-19-11, 5:41 pm
hey guys i was thinkin in about a month or so waiting on this baby to be born!! need some more people in this thing!!! lets get a date and time and get some guys involved. Lets say april 2nd here in Wichita say 2 pm or whatever is good with you guys!!

bigweights74
02-19-11, 5:42 pm
also we need to get a head count going!! everyone who wants to come put yourself down on here and who ever you might be bringing!!

B.S.
02-19-11, 7:54 pm
also we need to get a head count going!! everyone who wants to come put yourself down on here and who ever you might be bringing!!

hell yeah someone is taking action
im in been tryin to get this going for awhile
the nw y said it was cool, didnt ask about pics, figured they wouldnt stop us if we just did
but i got about 6 heads coming if we can get one

minime_moomey
02-19-11, 8:57 pm
I will tentatively say myself and two would be down. That is a Saturday right?

bigweights74
02-19-11, 10:39 pm
Yeah bro it will be on a saturday unless people have issues but for now its saturday so who ever is coming lets go get signed up on here!!!

bigweights74
02-21-11, 9:10 am
well i gotta buddy of mine who manages one of the y's here in wichita so he may be cool with the pics and things!!!

JasonG
02-21-11, 9:06 pm
I'm in for this. Don't care which Y. It will just be me. Two I train with are deployed.

Hulk316
02-21-11, 11:59 pm
Good to see more wichita people on the forum. Unfortunately i relocated to Houston for a year of school. Good luck with the ABC fellow brothers. Its good to see us be put on the map finally.

B.S.
02-22-11, 12:12 am
Good to see more wichita people on the forum. Unfortunately i relocated to Houston for a year of school. Good luck with the ABC fellow brothers. Its good to see us be put on the map finally.

is the 316 in your name reppin for the dub k?

Hulk316
02-22-11, 1:50 pm
is the 316 in your name reppin for the dub k?
Ha yeah man im not really creative with names as you can tell.

bigweights74
02-22-11, 8:33 pm
hey lets get a head count fellas i know we got time before the abc but we need an official head count lets get it together!!!

B.S.
02-22-11, 10:33 pm
hey lets get a head count fellas i know we got time before the abc but we need an official head count lets get it together!!!

im in for a gaurenteed 3

B.S.
02-22-11, 10:33 pm
Ha yeah man im not really creative with names as you can tell.

hey at least your still reppin kansas

Hulk316
02-22-11, 10:45 pm
hey at least your still reppin kansas
Yeah i know. Sucks that ill miss this ABC. Sounds like its gonna be good.

B.S.
02-22-11, 11:40 pm
Yeah i know. Sucks that ill miss this ABC. Sounds like its gonna be good.

i sure hope so... whats everyone train on saturdays?

bigweights74
02-23-11, 8:39 am
doesnt matter to me but I was personally thinking back and bi's but any suggestions are cool too!!! I just wanna get in there and move some shit so I'm down for whatever!!

JasonG
02-23-11, 9:02 am
Right now I'm doing arms on sat. It'll be after the iron contest so it doesn't matter. I'll probably be going back to my normal split so anything would work for me.

Hulk316
02-23-11, 1:36 pm
i sure hope so... whats everyone train on saturdays?

Cardio and abs. 5 solid ab workouts and 1hr cardio.

B.S.
02-23-11, 4:10 pm
im interested in learning at this thing id love to run through legs with someone whos advanced in that area

bigweights74
02-23-11, 4:35 pm
im interested in getting some lifting partners here in wichita and get a regular weekly routine going!! after the abc anyways!!

bigweights74
02-24-11, 10:46 pm
so unless i counted wrong we have 11 people for this event correct?? i'm down with that or more if we can find more!!! i hope ya'll are ready to kill your BACK and BI'S cause your gonna work I know I am anyways lets make this abc epic fellas lets put KS on the map for real!!! I know it aint legs but we all know we can put some killer back work outs in and I'm lookin forward to it!!!! lets make em remember the big WK!!!!!

JasonG
02-24-11, 10:53 pm
Roger that, I love to train back. Hope you all are ready for some heavy bent over rows! Also if you all want to do db rows I don't recommend the north Y.

B.S.
02-24-11, 11:10 pm
Roger that, I love to train back. Hope you all are ready for some heavy bent over rows! Also if you all want to do db rows I don't recommend the north Y.

im voting for nw y except that one tends to get rather crowded do we have any idea which one were going too.
lookin forward to some deads

bigweights74
02-24-11, 11:11 pm

I wanna be honest with everyone I got sidetracked with this P90X bs and havent been movin serious weight for about 2 years!!! Pisses me off but I want to get this abc underway and get that fire lit again and get to moving some fuckin weight so lets put some solid shit together and make this mother fucker one to remember!!!!

JasonG
02-25-11, 12:08 am
I wanna be honest with everyone I got sidetracked with this P90X bs and havent been movin serious weight for about 2 years!!! Pisses me off but I want to get this abc underway and get that fire lit again and get to moving some fuckin weight so lets put some solid shit together and make this mother fucker one to remember!!!!

Heavy is relative bro.

JasonG
02-25-11, 12:09 am
im voting for nw y except that one tends to get rather crowded do we have any idea which one were going too.
lookin forward to some deads

Haven't trained at that one but don't have a problem with that. What do their db's go to there?

minime_moomey
02-25-11, 8:24 am
Put me down for two, possible three. I actually dont work anything on Saturday so that means Im open for anything (except legs. I am currently healing a quad injury). Not to mention (while heavy is relative), I look forward to being the smallest guy there! LOL. They still do shirts for these things? If so, everyone will need put in for sizes and stuff...Anyway, keep me posted fellas. Im stoked

minime_moomey
02-25-11, 8:32 am
S*** S*** S***!!!! What weekend is this?! I just looked at my calendar and forgot I may be going to Mississippi the first weekend of march to visit my little bro at his airforce base...

JasonG
02-25-11, 8:35 am
S*** S*** S***!!!! What weekend is this?! I just looked at my calendar and forgot I may be going to Mississippi the first weekend of march to visit my little bro at his airforce base...

Keesler AFB? I thought this was after the iron contest like early April??

B.S.
02-25-11, 8:45 am
Haven't trained at that one but don't have a problem with that. What do their db's go to there?

140-150

bigweights74
02-25-11, 9:12 am

Hey bro it's the first weekend in April!!! So you should be cool!!

JasonG
02-25-11, 9:35 am
140-150

Ok cool. I need to check that one out. It's right by the inlaws, but a good 30min drive

B.S.
02-25-11, 9:37 am
Ok cool. I need to check that one out. It's right by the inlaws, but a good 30min drive

worth the drive at the right time if you can avoid the crowds.

JasonG
02-25-11, 9:39 am
That seems to be a problem with all of them. I'd like to switch to Genesis but can't justify it to the wife when she gets the Y at a discount through work and our 4 kids like the waterparks.

B.S.
02-25-11, 9:41 am
i like genesis but they try to get the most money they can out of you charging extra on top of your membership to use certain equip i think thats bullshit

JasonG
02-25-11, 9:50 am
Really like what? I know the new yellow band things at the north Y are like that and they try to reserve a spot for personal training only but I use that area anyway. I just try to look mean and keep my head down and no one says anything to me lol.

JasonG
02-25-11, 9:51 am
Oh nevermind I missread your post. Genesis does that. Yeah their memberships are weird, have to pay extra to use the North Rock one ect.

B.S.
02-25-11, 10:55 am
yeah i know...not alot of good gyms around here i wish we had a good "animal" gym

bigweights74
02-25-11, 11:41 am
hey just wondered where all the wichita guys buy there supps at??

B.S.
02-25-11, 11:48 am
supplement giant

half the price of gnc

bigweights74
02-25-11, 12:43 pm
I couldnt find the one on maize rd unless i didnt drive far enough!!!

B.S.
02-25-11, 5:34 pm
right next to go run, its by 5 guys

bigweights74
02-25-11, 5:50 pm
ok ill just map quest it!!! but they do have the best prices in town or is that just where you go???

B.S.
02-25-11, 6:17 pm
best prices by far i have seen and ive been to most places around here

pak is only 26$

bigweights74
02-25-11, 8:49 pm
koo bro!!! ill def have to check it out when i get a damn pay check!!

bigweights74
02-27-11, 4:14 pm
Ok looks like thats it's we have 11 people for the abc here in Wichita we need to set an exact location on which y were gonna go to!! I live right by the south one but I will go to any of them!!! What does everyone else have in mind and does everyone have an animal t shirt?? I have a red one!!

B.S.
02-27-11, 4:56 pm
Ok looks like thats it's we have 11 people for the abc here in Wichita we need to set an exact location on which y were gonna go to!! I live right by the south one but I will go to any of them!!! What does everyone else have in mind and does everyone have an animal t shirt?? I have a red one!!

i dont care either
the only one i have i cant wear because of profanity at the ymca

JasonG
02-27-11, 5:09 pm

I don't care which one. I'll probably wear my green one.

bigweights74
02-27-11, 5:33 pm
oh and we need to pic a place to eat!!!

minime_moomey
02-27-11, 7:57 pm
Neither one of us have an animal shirt (cough cough HOLA never mailed me mine years ago! Just his way to try to get me back to KC. LOL) We will be good to eat anywhere, Im currently cutting but can afford a cheat meal and think ANYTHING will sound delicious

bigweights74
02-27-11, 8:15 pm
Im always cutting lol!! I guess when we decide which y we are gonna go to then we can decide some place close to eat!! I'm not picky bbq, chinese, mexican food i dont care!! you guys who have lived here longer will have a good idea of what is around the gyms!!

JasonG
02-28-11, 1:56 pm
Hey my wife has an SLR and is an amateur photographer. I'll see if she will tag along and take the pics if you guys want.

bigweights74
02-28-11, 3:18 pm
Koo with me Jason or I got a digital camera but thats koo if she will do it!!!!

JasonG
02-28-11, 3:52 pm
It doesn't matter and I haven't asked her about it yet but figure that would be cool so we can do our thing and get pics at the same time. She has gotten a few clients and is good with editing if need be.

bigweights74
02-28-11, 4:16 pm
It doesn't matter and I haven't asked her about it yet but figure that would be cool so we can do our thing and get pics at the same time. She has gotten a few clients and is good with editing if need be.

She could edit and make us all look like the "HOUSE" lol!!! So i guess if no one is gonna vote or make any decision on the location i'm saying the south y on meridian!!! Also we are getting a sample package sent to us for our session with samples and things fellas!!! So did we all agree on back and bi's or whats up!!!

JasonG
02-28-11, 8:50 pm
South Y works for me! Don't care what we train. Haha she's not that talented! Not sure about food near there, I'll look into it though.

bigweights74
02-28-11, 11:26 pm
well close it just fast food and subway!!! over on seneca is mexican and some other food just need some more inpuut on the food choices and what everyone wants!!!! and on pawnee is chinese and everyone love chinese!!!

JasonG
03-01-11, 10:53 am
235 will get us to more choices too quick, but I'm good for some chinese!

B.S.
03-01-11, 11:18 am
wish there was a chipolte near there

bigweights74
03-01-11, 11:41 am
wish there was a chipolte near there

yeah that place is bomb!!

JasonG
03-01-11, 11:49 am
There's one not too far off of 235

Mr. Dead
03-01-11, 12:32 pm
Next time, I'm home, I'll give you guys a holler, and we'll have to have an ABC... One condition, though... Taco Tico is the post meal... *LOL* (I grew up in Wichita, and my family still lives there...)

bigweights74
03-01-11, 2:09 pm
Next time, I'm home, I'll give you guys a holler, and we'll have to have an ABC... One condition, though... Taco Tico is the post meal... *LOL* (I grew up in Wichita, and my family still lives there...)

Hell yeah brother it would be an honor to have you!!! Taco Tico is questionable but it can be done lol!!! I wanna get one going at least once a month or every other month here in Wichita!!!

JasonG
03-01-11, 2:57 pm
Sounds good Dead!

bigweights74
03-02-11, 12:44 pm
So we all agree that its the South Y at 2pm on April 2nd?? I guess Chipolte or Chinese??

JasonG
03-02-11, 2:44 pm
So we all agree that its the South Y at 2pm on April 2nd?? I guess Chipolte or Chinese??

I'm good with that. Chipolte would be great.

bigweights74
03-02-11, 3:09 pm
works for me brotha!!! is it the one off of Maize rd.??

Mr. Dead
03-02-11, 3:20 pm
Hell yeah brother it would be an honor to have you!!! Taco Tico is questionable but it can be done lol!!! I wanna get one going at least once a month or every other month here in Wichita!!!

Niiice... And, yes, I miss Taco Tico... Sad, but true... *LOL*

JasonG
03-02-11, 3:35 pm
Alright no more food talk for awhile! I'm trying to choke down some more chicken and broccoli over here! lol

Mr. Dead
03-02-11, 3:57 pm
Alright no more food talk for awhile! I'm trying to choke down some more chicken and broccoli over here! lol

No taco burgers, burritos, sanchos, enchiladas...??? Go, Team Orange...!!! *LOL*

JasonG
03-02-11, 5:14 pm
Hmm doesn't sound good whatsoever! LOL. Go team Yellow!

fade
03-03-11, 5:22 pm
Hey whats up guys?

I saw this thread and thought it would be a good idea if I got involved to see if we could spur this thing a little bit. Let me give ya a little background details..

My name is Jared and I'm one of the guys that runs Supplement Giant.. If you don't know about us, we have two stores here in town and are definitely the place to go for anyone looking for good prices on supplements.

My thoughts on the ABC were that we could run it through the stores, it would definitely hit a lot more people, be easier to organize, and would get more people involved.

Let me know what you guys think because I'd be more than happy to get involved with this.. We can even take it past just lifting together and even have some sort of seminars with different guys hosting them once every 2 weeks. Maybe some bodybuilders, chiropractors (w/ ART certs), who knows.

More than likely I could get something set up with at least one of the gyms to let us come and train once a month or something without having to shell out a bunch of money.

Jared

Oh and there may be a way to do a discount for ABC members too.. Not sure yet, and don't hold me to it.. If not a discount then some other freebies. I know Universal/Animal wouldn't have a big problem cooping shirts and stuff for all of the ABC members.

bigweights74
03-03-11, 5:52 pm
Hey whats up guys?

I saw this thread and thought it would be a good idea if I got involved to see if we could spur this thing a little bit. Let me give ya a little background details..

My name is Jared and I'm one of the guys that runs Supplement Giant.. If you don't know about us, we have two stores here in town and are definitely the place to go for anyone looking for good prices on supplements.

My thoughts on the ABC were that we could run it through the stores, it would definitely hit a lot more people, be easier to organize, and would get more people involved.

Let me know what you guys think because I'd be more than happy to get involved with this.. We can even take it past just lifting together and even have some sort of seminars with different guys hosting them once every 2 weeks. Maybe some bodybuilders, chiropractors (w/ ART certs), who knows.

More than likely I could get something set up with at least one of the gyms to let us come and train once a month or something without having to shell out a bunch of money.

Jared

Oh and there may be a way to do a discount for ABC members too.. Not sure yet, and don't hold me to it.. If not a discount then some other freebies. I know Universal/Animal wouldn't have a big problem cooping shirts and stuff for all of the ABC members.

that would be cool bro!! i'm not sure who would actually have to answer that question maybe g diesel or coranato!! think we would all be cool with some discounts (lol) not sure though i'll see what i can do and ask some of the guys in here who are in charge!!

JasonG
03-04-11, 7:03 pm
That would be awesome Jared. I read a lot over at intense... and that would be awesome to get you involved. I get almost all my stuff from you guys now, pretty much online prices. And got a call that my pre order of Rage came in and thought they would check if I wanted to pick it up instead of shipping it. All reading in this area, SG is the place to go.

fade
03-05-11, 1:21 pm
that would be cool bro!! i'm not sure who would actually have to answer that question maybe g diesel or coranato!! think we would all be cool with some discounts (lol) not sure though i'll see what i can do and ask some of the guys in here who are in charge!!

I think I looked and it has B.S. listed as the coordinator.. Maybe once he gets on here we can see what all is going on. I think it'd be pretty easy for me to get a group of guys in for the ABC... From Facebook to our email list, to just flyers in our store it could end up being a pretty good amount of guys getting together every couple weeks.

fade
03-05-11, 1:30 pm
That would be awesome Jared. I read a lot over at intense... and that would be awesome to get you involved. I get almost all my stuff from you guys now, pretty much online prices. And got a call that my pre order of Rage came in and thought they would check if I wanted to pick it up instead of shipping it. All reading in this area, SG is the place to go.

Oh you're over at intense? I guess you probably spotted me from my name on here.. lol actually going out to hang out with skip and heckman in colorado next week some time.

How do you like the rage?

JasonG
03-06-11, 11:41 am
Oh you're over at intense? I guess you probably spotted me from my name on here.. lol actually going out to hang out with skip and heckman in colorado next week some time.

How do you like the rage?

Mostly just read over there. I just starting watching Longevity. Good stuff.

Rage is my new go to pre workout drink.

B.S.
03-06-11, 7:52 pm
wow ive missed alot being out of town for awhile.
where we at with this thing?

as far as i know still april 2 at south y?
count is somewhere between 11-15

but fade more people can def come just get a count of people.
and the sg thing sounds great im in there 2-3 times a week anyways and would be a great way to get out info about these things

bigweights74
03-06-11, 8:51 pm

and the sg thing sounds great im in there 2-3 times a week anyways and would be a great way to get out info about these things

yep bro its still april 2nd and the south at 2pm

B.S.
03-06-11, 9:40 pm
yep bro its still april 2nd and the south at 2pm

good news
for good measure i would like to support this event by giving shakers (with a serving size of animal rage) to anyone yet to try and or doesnt have it

bigweights74
03-07-11, 8:47 am
good news
for good measure i would like to support this event by giving shakers (with a serving size of animal rage) to anyone yet to try and or doesnt have it

i dont have any yet brother but will get be getting some as soon as i can!! but that would be awesome bro!!!

B.S.
03-07-11, 9:53 pm
Hey whats up guys?

def would love to get some fliers inside the store to reach some more people and get them turned on to abcs.
would that be alright?

fade
03-08-11, 11:34 am
Mostly just read over there. I just starting watching Longevity. Good stuff.

Rage is my new go to pre workout drink.

Longevity is definitely some good stuff. Haven't watched nearly any of it yet - been too busy - but I've worked with skip quite a bit in the past so I have probably experienced most of it.

def would love to get some fliers inside the store to reach some more people and get them turned on to abcs.
would that be alright?

Brock (B.S.), I don't mean to step on any toes - but flyers in my store is really not what I meant. When I came on here my goal was to see if you guys wanted me to take it over and run it through my stores, not just have me help spread the word a bit. Now, if you guys don't want me to get involved and take it over - then I absolutely will not interfere.

I don't like to do things half-assed... So If I'm going to do this I'm going to get in touch with my rep at animal and start getting some shirts printed up for all of the ABC members (it shouldn't just be the generic "animal" shirt). I'm going to get more people involved through flyers at my store, an email to all of our subscribers (about 8k), and posting it on our supplement giant facebook - with about 2500 friends in Wichita.

I'm not looking to make this a meet up of about once every 3 months.. I want to have something going on at least once a month and preferably more - because let's be honest, there are a lot of scheduling difficulties - so having multiple days to come hit up the ABC would be preferable.

Realistically I want to turn this into something more than just the run of the mill ABC.. Once a large group of guys gets committed to an idea like this - there's endless possibilities of the things we could have going on. A large group of guys in an ABC in Wichita, KS with a good amount of media coverage (pictures, videos for the forum), will attract a lot of Universal's attention and could end up having some of their guys come down here to train.

On the other hand, it may be possible no one is interested in a meet-up group to lift other than the people that are into this forum... But I have a feeling there would be a lot of people signing up, and showing up.

I want you guys to let me know if you want me to help take this over - because I'm all in with everything - or not really at all.

Jared

B.S.
03-08-11, 11:58 am
now understanding where you are coming from is a great idea. i might have missed what you actually meant. However, you have a great idea a great way to spread education on proper lifting and supplementation by the experienced crowd this could attract. i have no problem with you taking over as coordinator and im sure neither would anyone else in this chapter.

JasonG
03-08-11, 12:06 pm
That sounds awesome to me Jared. I wouldn't mind if it got switched to Genesis because I believe that's where you train. Haven't seen you at any of the Y's anyway. Do you still do contest prep? I remember you guys sent an email out quite awhile ago about that and know you've been under Team Skip. I'm looking at possibly doing my first contest at some point.

fade
03-08-11, 12:12 pm
now understanding where you are coming from is a great idea. i might have missed what you actually meant. However, you have a great idea a great way to spread education on proper lifting and supplementation by the experienced crowd this could attract. i have no problem with you taking over as coordinator and im sure neither would anyone else in this chapter.

I appreciate it man. I was hoping I didn't come across the wrong way. I really think we could make this ABC into something better than the rest of them out there. The more people involved, the more things we could bring to wichita. I have a feeling the gyms would be willing to work with us as well.

That sounds awesome to me Jared. I wouldn't mind if it got switched to Genesis because I believe that's where you train. Haven't seen you at any of the Y's anyway. Do you still do contest prep? I remember you guys sent an email out quite awhile ago about that and know you've been under Team Skip. I'm looking at possibly doing my first contest at some point.

Yeah I'm at Genesis.. I switched away from the Y to get away from the kids for the most part.. Been at genesis for probably about 2 years now. I train at the one on central and tyler. It's not too bad but I will probably switch back to the Y because my son will be getting big enough to get involved in some different activities before long (but I may have a few years left at genesis).

As for contest prep and everything - yeah I still do all of that. Haven't sent out any emails or anything since last year, just working off a few clients and referrals mostly. What show are you looking to do? Which organization? NPC?

Jared

bigweights74
03-08-11, 12:34 pm
Longevity is definitely some good stuff. Haven't watched nearly any of it yet - been too busy - but I've worked with skip quite a bit in the past so I have probably experienced most of it.

Brock (B.S.), I don't mean to step on any toes - but flyers in my store is really not what I meant. When I came on here my goal was to see if you guys wanted me to take it over and run it through my stores, not just have me help spread the word a bit. Now, if you guys don't want me to get involved and take it over - then I absolutely will not interfere.

I don't like to do things half-assed... So If I'm going to do this I'm going to get in touch with my rep at animal and start getting some shirts printed up for all of the ABC members (it shouldn't just be the generic "animal" shirt). I'm going to get more people involved through flyers at my store, an email to all of our subscribers (about 8k), and posting it on our supplement giant facebook - with about 2500 friends in Wichita.

I'm not looking to make this a meet up of about once every 3 months.. I want to have something going on at least once a month and preferably more - because let's be honest, there are a lot of scheduling difficulties - so having multiple days to come hit up the ABC would be preferable.

Realistically I want to turn this into something more than just the run of the mill ABC.. Once a large group of guys gets committed to an idea like this - there's endless possibilities of the things we could have going on. A large group of guys in an ABC in Wichita, KS with a good amount of media coverage (pictures, videos for the forum), will attract a lot of Universal's attention and could end up having some of their guys come down here to train.

On the other hand, it may be possible no one is interested in a meet-up group to lift other than the people that are into this forum... But I have a feeling there would be a lot of people signing up, and showing up.

I want you guys to let me know if you want me to help take this over - because I'm all in with everything - or not really at all.

Jared

Yea bro I think it all sounds good the more the better!! I would love to be a part of an animal group like this think everyone would benefit from something like this!!

JasonG
03-08-11, 12:48 pm
I Yeah I'm at Genesis.. I switched away from the Y to get away from the kids for the most part.. Been at genesis for probably about 2 years now. I train at the one on central and tyler. It's not too bad but I will probably switch back to the Y because my son will be getting big enough to get involved in some different activities before long (but I may have a few years left at genesis).

As for contest prep and everything - yeah I still do all of that. Haven't sent out any emails or anything since last year, just working off a few clients and referrals mostly. What show are you looking to do? Which organization? NPC?

Jared

I want to switch over there but my kids like the water parks etc. so that's the only thing that keeps me there. I'm trying to find a show that isn't too big for my first one. Would like to do an NPC event just don't see much around here. Saw Oklahoma but those look like national qualifiers and don't want to embarrass myself either. I go up to SG at least once a month. If I see you I'll introduce myself and see about getting more info on that.