PDA

View Full Version : what's the take on beans?

dyskee
05-17-08, 5:58 pm
well i want ur info at beans here are the nutrition facts:

serving size 1 cup , amount per container2.5

cals: 111 cals from far:8.6
tot. fat: 0.96 g
sat. fat: 0.15 g
trans fat: 0

sodium:499.5mg
total carbs: 17.37 g
dietry fibre: 7.7g
sugar: 1.38g
protien:8.37g
vitamin c, calcium and iron.

i think it provides a good amount of protien and slow digesting carbs that are hard to raise my insulin right?? any insight animals?

i have been megadosing for 2 days eating the whole can once in the morning at at night

LegendKillerJosh
05-17-08, 6:02 pm
Cans? Beans in the bag you gotta cook are probably better than the canned stuff.

B.C.
05-17-08, 6:03 pm
What kind of beans are they Bro? Black Beans, and Garbonzos (chick peas) are great. You're right, some protien, lots of fiber, and basically fat free. I eat beans all the time.

sanga
05-17-08, 6:05 pm
Which beans? There are loads of varieties.

Not all complete protein, I`d have them along with a salad and as part of a meal with another source of protein, eggs, milk or meat for example.

B.C.
05-17-08, 6:08 pm
Which beans? There are loads of varieties.

Not all complete protein, I`d have them along with a salad and as part of a meal with another source of protein, eggs, milk or meat for example.

Good call on the incomplete protien. Odd thing is, eating beans with starchy carbs, like brown rice, completes the protiens. Guess that why black beans and rice is so good for you. I put a can of tuna in there. It's a great meal on a bulk.

sanga
05-17-08, 6:12 pm
Beans are underated, good sources of nutrients but people forget them as they see them as not enough protein, forget that, see them (and all food) as a means of adding to a whole variety of foods to get your macros each and every day.

dyskee
05-17-08, 6:25 pm
they are called fava beans its an authentic egyptian food. i do cook it i take it outta the can and put it on the cooker for like 10 mins and then eat it . i eat it with some ezekiel bread before i sleep and if iam having them for brekkie i'll eat them with rice or whole wheat toast.

iam wondering if it will sabotage my objectives lean gain and less bf iam training for mass and condition iam a rowing athelete in the off season so my weight gain has a limit right now iam trying to add lbm and cut bodyfat and it's working but i added the beans 2 days ago and i was wondering if they would suit my goals

never.satisfied
05-18-08, 6:10 pm
" fool w ta3meyya"
i know exctly what u're talkln abt bro.. ;) the Egyptians best meal..
well..i added red beans to one of my meals which is around the 4th meal..its a great bulking food especially with tuna since tuna is low in calories ;)
btw..try taking ur proteins from chicken,tuna,eggs,meat..which are the best protein sources..

dyskee
05-19-08, 10:57 am
i always eat red meat in the form of steak and kofta , baked chicken also does it good for me sometimes i eat eggs at dinner so i was thinking about foul not ta3meya "3lashan el ta3meya me7amara " hehe and offcourse mac is the saviour every 2 or 3 days

RIKSTER28031
06-20-09, 11:50 am
latley i have been on a black bean and refried bean kick, i love em in a whole wheat wrap with some steak or chicken and salsa. i havent read anywhere on here about the BIG guys eating many beans, is there a reason? are beans something to avoid?

LegendKillerJosh
06-20-09, 12:21 pm
latley i have been on a black bean and refried bean kick, i love em in a whole wheat wrap with some steak or chicken and salsa. i havent read anywhere on here about the BIG guys eating many beans, is there a reason? are beans something to avoid?

I think raw beans are better than refried. Buy the beans in a bag you have to boil.

Cstlfx
06-20-09, 12:37 pm
Beans are good, they're just not a complete source of protein. So you'd have to eat something else that has what beans are missing. In one of Tiny's threads (dont know if its deleted or not) he talked about beans and whole grain wheat bread being a good meal.

I think the big guys dont eat it because they go straight for the complete protein sources as the staple in their diet. I highly doubt they avoid them all together.

GJN5002
06-20-09, 1:20 pm
I think really big guys probably eat beans but just not as the main carb source in a meal. Can you imagine how many beans jay cutler would have to eat in a sitting? You know too, the more you eat, the more you...well you know the rest.

T o m m Y
06-20-09, 7:56 pm
Beans are awsome and are very low on the GL scale...
1 Cup packs 200ish cals,40 carbs,16 fiber,and 13 pro...

majicninja
06-22-09, 9:55 am
beans are great. I've been eating a lot lately during my higher carb days. I mix about a 1/3 can of beans with a cup of brown rice and eat that on the side of some egg whites and salsa...or alongside of some chicken. Great food though, a lot of studies out there showing their numerous health benefits. Eat up..good luck with the flatulence though, ha.

OverDose
06-22-09, 12:49 pm
beans are great, but like it's been said they are not exactly a complete source of protein, i use them alot of times as an addition to my meal whenever i'm trying to add more carbs and some protein...

Big Dude 54
06-30-09, 11:37 am
Beans & brown rice fellas .... complete protein profile and definitely not a bad idea for preworkout

theharjmann
06-30-09, 12:28 pm
Beans & brown rice fellas .... complete protein profile and definitely not a bad idea for preworkout

i love beans and brown rice for the carbs....not sure about the protein content though

i know people say it has a complete amino profile....but i just dont think its the same mass gaining protein as the protein you get in meat, whey and egg protein.

Gimp
07-03-09, 12:52 pm
Toni69 had a good thread with Bean recipes a while back.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7693&highlight=beans&page=1