PDA

View Full Version : Quadz Mass Journey

Quadz
05-18-08, 11:36 pm
Logging my training, diet, and thoughts. This is off-season for me just putting on size and trying to stay injury free.

Diet today
Meal 1- 2 scoops protein, 1 cup oats
meal 2- BBQ (girlfriends work party)
Meal 3- MRP with penut butter
Meal 4- Steak burrito with rice and beans (me wanting to be fat lol)
Meal 5- 8 oz chicken 1 cup brown rice
Meal 6- 10 egg whites with 4 yolks, 1 cup oats

Quadz
05-18-08, 11:43 pm
Not to clean today, but i eat a little unorthodox anyway. I have a superfast metabolism and usually stay around 8% bodyfat year round. This is great but i don't gain easily. Since i junked up my diet a little i have put on more weight and i'm still in the 9-10% range and 15 pounds heavier than last year. Basically i hit up Wendy's or something like that 2-3 times a week. But the rest of my meals are pretty normal bodybuilding meals.

My protein ranges between 280-300g per day and carbs hover around 400g usually. I don't really track fat, i use olive oil over my chicken and rice and take fish oil caps other fats come from peanut butter, beef and eggs.

My stats:
Height- 5'7''
Weight-198 (in morning)

Quadz
05-19-08, 1:54 pm
v-bar pressdowns 70 x 12, 80 x 8, 70 x12
Skull crushers 70 x 15, 70 x 13, 70 x 10 (superset with close grips first set 20 last 2 sets 15 same poundage)
One arm Dumbbell Ext. 3 x 25 x 12
Rope ext 50 x 15, 70 x 15

Hammer curls 25 x 12, 35 x 10, 2 x 40 x8
Preacher curls 70 x 10, 70 x 8, 60 x 14 (last 3were negatives)
Spider Curls of Incline bench 3 x 25 x 8

Arms are my weakest bodypart as far as Physique and muscular strength. trying to bring them up so i train them @ the begining of the week.

Quadz
05-21-08, 9:06 am
Been feeling kinda runn-down late...I decided to clean my diet up to 2 cheat meals a week instead of 3. the white bread and cheap meat i think has something to do with it. So my cheats will probably be a steak with cesar salad and loaded potato. i'm also addicted to freakin energy drinks so i'm coming off all that shit too. Hopefully i'll start feeling better.
the extra fat/cals from my cheats did help me with gaining so. I'll be doing like half a pound of beef once a day (bison or ground sirlion). Add i'll be putting olive oil over all my chicken and rice meals.

Here's my projected diet.:

Meal 1- 2 scoops protein, 1 1/2 cups oats
Meal 2- 8oz. chicken , 2 cups brown rice (2 tbsp olive oil)
Meal 3- Mrp with smart balance Peant butter and 1 large banana
Meal 4- 8 oz beef, 10-12oz. red potato
meal 5-repeat 2
Meal 6- 10 egg whites 4 yolks, 1 cup oats

*On work out days there will be a post workout shake with approx 100 carbs and 56 pro.

Quadz
05-21-08, 9:16 am
Totals for the above diet (approx)

Protein-290

Carbs- 380

fat-95

cals- 3553

i need to calrify my post workout shake replaces one of my meals. it's usually pretty feeling then i follow up about 1.5 to 2 hours later with 8ozchicken and 2 cups of rice. unless i train at night then i just eat meal 6 with 1.5 cups of oats and go to bed like an hour later.

Quadz
05-21-08, 9:09 pm
Lying leg curls 85 x 15, 125 x 14, 125 x 12
Seated leg curls 150 x 15, 2 x 170 x 15
Leg ext 100 x 20, 115 x 20, 145 x 15
Smith Squats 135 x 12, 225 x 12, 315 x 12, 315 x 10
Leg Press 8 plates x 15, 12 plates x 14, 12 plates x 12
One leg ext 50 x 15 x 2 (felt awkward so did one set reg to finish)
leg ext 100 x 15

It was a pretty good workout got it all done in an hour so pretty quick pace...my leg ext were not like normal today i just seemed to be tiring out quick for some reason...i think or smith machine actully weighs the same as a normal bar it's pretty old school

Meal 1- 2 scoops whey, 1.5 cups oats
Meal 2- 8 oz. chicken, sweet potato, couple pieces wheat bread
Meal 3- 8 oz. chicken, 2 cups rice
Meal 4- Mass shake (50protein and 123 carbs)
My last two meals will be the following
Meal 5- 8oz. chicken, 2 cups rice
Meal 6- 10 egg whites 4 yolks, 1 cup oats

Quadz
05-22-08, 10:14 pm
incline dumbbell 70 x 15, 85 x 12, 85 x 9, 85 x 8
flat bench 205 x 7 x 2, 185 x 10
cable crossover 40 x 15 x 2
cable crossover (from floor) 40 x 15

side laterals 20 x 15 x 2, 25 x 15
machine presses and machine laterals 4 sets non-stop 15 reps all sets

i have been training chest and shoulders a little carrful lately cause i have had some issues with my shoulders. so it was a good workout given the fact i haven't trained chest/delts in a couple weeks.

meal 1- 2 scoops whey, 1.5 cups oats
Meal 2- 8 oz bison 2 cups rice
Meal 3- MRP and banana
Meal 4- 8 oz chicken 2 cups rice
meal 5- mrp and carbo force

My last will be
meal 6- 12 egg whites 2 yolks, 1 cup oats

Quadz
05-24-08, 12:43 am
Meal 1-MRP, 1 cup oats
Meal 2- 8 oz bison, 10 oz red potato
Meal 3- MRP
Meal 4 repeat 2
Meal 5- 2 south beach pizzas (cheat pizza that doesn't make me feel bloated and sick)
Meal 6- MRP and peanut butter

I would have done some egg whites for meal 6 but i'm beat. Worked 10.5 hours today and had to come home and do school bull shit for another 3 hours....I just want to go to bed!! Got back tomorrow night the sodium and extra carbs from my pizza should add a nice little boost to my pump.

Carpe Diem P.T
05-24-08, 1:13 am
hey buddy. im in for your journey. i like the way you eat. Its practical.

good luck on your journey. will be popping in to see whats doin soon

Quadz
05-24-08, 7:58 pm
Thanks boss, i appreciate the support. i do eat pretty basic. I'm not a great cook and don't try to be i guess.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
05-24-08, 9:14 pm
I will be checking you out from day to day.

Subscribed.

Toni69
05-25-08, 3:36 am
Since you knocked on my door, Im gonna walk into yours..I dont knock you see. LOL

I will be checking in on you too...bring it babe!

Quadz
05-25-08, 12:54 pm
I will be checking you out from day to day.

Subscribed.

Since you knocked on my door, Im gonna walk into yours..I dont knock you see. LOL

I will be checking in on you too...bring it babe!

thanks for the support and Toni no reason to knock, you are welcome anytime.

Got up mad early today had to be at church at 8:30!! that's early for me...today is gonna be a little hectic i gotta finish a report for a class i'm taking and get to the gym this evening for back.

So far
Meal 1- MRP, 1 cup oats
Meal 2- 8oz sirloin, 1 potato, half a cesar salad.

Quadz
05-26-08, 1:59 pm
didn't get back yesterday so back started my training week

Assisted Chins 4 sets 20, 15,12,
V-Grip pulldowns 100 x 15, 130 x 12 x 2
Dumbbell rows (off bench) 75 x 15, 85 x15, 95 x 12 x2
Barbell rows 135 x 15, 185 x 12 (sucked)
HS rows 90 x 15 x 2
Hypers 3 sets 15

Standing Calf raise 4 sets last set drop set
Donkey Raises 3 x 15

good workout i have come to the conclusion that i hate BB rows! All i feel is lower back ripping apart and nothing in my lats...at least with an overhand grip....i'll give the under hang a few more tries before i throw it out...but good workout i was done in an hour and ten

Toni69
05-26-08, 2:11 pm
didn't get back yesterday so back started my training week

Assisted Chins 4 sets 20, 15,12,
V-Grip pulldowns 100 x 15, 130 x 12 x 2
Dumbbell rows (off bench) 75 x 15, 85 x15, 95 x 12 x2
Barbell rows 135 x 15, 185 x 12 (sucked)
HS rows 90 x 15 x 2
Hypers 3 sets 15

Standing Calf raise 4 sets last set drop set
Donkey Raises 3 x 15

good workout i have come to the conclusion that i hate BB rows! All i feel is lower back ripping apart and nothing in my lats...at least with an overhand grip....i'll give the under hang a few more tries before i throw it out...but good workout i was done in an hour and ten

BB rows are a great movement, but you can find alternatives...you can go with db rows off an incline bench, laying face down. You can also lighten the weight some to alleviate any strain in the bent over position with the BB and just focus more on strict form for reps. I find the BB does pull more on my lowback with that exercise once I get too heavy..this is one of the reasons why I opt for DB SLDL's now too.

Are you bending over properly? LOL..Im asking cause many dont actually stick their ass out enough and wind up rounding their back and its hard to see that your doin it if you dont concentrate on feeling it.

Quadz
05-26-08, 7:49 pm
BB rows are a great movement, but you can find alternatives...you can go with db rows off an incline bench, laying face down. You can also lighten the weight some to alleviate any strain in the bent over position with the BB and just focus more on strict form for reps. I find the BB does pull more on my lowback with that exercise once I get too heavy..this is one of the reasons why I opt for DB SLDL's now too.

Are you bending over properly? LOL..Im asking cause many dont actually stick their ass out enough and wind up rounding their back and its hard to see that your doin it if you dont concentrate on feeling it.

Yea i stick my ass out! my best BB rows were generally around 225 for 8-12...so i tweaked something because now for some reason i just get a super pump in my low back and it's hard to focus on anything else. I mean today i was gonna work with 185 which really isn't to heavy but it just hurts so i'll just be leaving it alone for a while....what are DB SLDL's...stiff leg deads? thanks for the tips! i'll try oout the dumbell rows of the bench

Quadz
05-26-08, 7:53 pm
i have not deadlifted in awhile ether because of the pain in the low back i've been working hypers into my routine because i want to gradually work deadlifts back into the program. But i don't want to rush, and get hurt, you know?

Curious of opinions...Do any of you think deads will make your waist thick? Do you perfer them from floor, power rack, or smith?

Toni69
05-27-08, 4:39 am
Yea i stick my ass out! my best BB rows were generally around 225 for 8-12...so i tweaked something because now for some reason i just get a super pump in my low back and it's hard to focus on anything else. I mean today i was gonna work with 185 which really isn't to heavy but it just hurts so i'll just be leaving it alone for a while....what are DB SLDL's...stiff leg deads? thanks for the tips! i'll try oout the dumbell rows of the bench

I figured as much...form-wise on the BB rows. Yes, DB Still-leggeddeadlifts for hams and glutes...I love em. Place your heels on 2 high enough plates with your toes on the floor, its a great stretch through the hams and glutes..I like it like that at least. ;)

I know what you mean about low back issues..for years I struggled with 2 bulging disks one on top of the other and a central protrusion in L5/S1. It just creeps on me out of the blue and when it does, its over..Im done..cant do most exercises for a while. So far, so good for me. I have been in the clear and this is why Im groovin my way back to BB and smitty squats; just easing my way, Im not rushing into super heavy weights there either.

The DB rows on the incline are really cool and they keep your form and back in check...

1. Lie face down on an incline bench with a dumbbell in each hand.

2. Initiate the movement by pulling through the elbows.

3. At the top of the movement, squeeze the shoulder blades together.

4. Lower the dumbbells to the start position, making sure you get full extension.

Don't let your chest come off the pad. That would be cheating.

If you can't squeeze the shoulder blades together at the top of the movement, you're using too much weight.

As with any DB or cable rowing movement, alternate periodically between pronated, supinated, and neutral grips.

Quadz
05-27-08, 11:04 pm
Awesome workout!
rope pressodown superset w/ alternate DB curls 15 x 30, 12 x 35, 10 x 35 perfect form
overhead DB ext/ ex-bar curls 15 x 65, 15 x 75, 15 x90, 12 x 100/ 15 x 60, 10-12 x 703set close grip bench/ single arm machine curls
15 x 95,15 x 115, 15 x 135 / 12 x 50, 10 x 50

did 3 work sets on the rope last set had 2 drops sets probably like 40 reps or so. I kept the close grip light i have a hard time feeling this movement so staying around 135-175 will be good for later i was going up to 205 for like 6 but i was just moving A to B so hopefully keeping my form tight and slow will help me master the movement better.

Quadz
05-30-08, 8:28 pm
ate really well and had a pretty good legs session my knee was screaming at me later but quads had a hellacious pump...low back was shot right after my 2nd set of stiff legs thats why i cut that exercise to the two sets...so here it is

Lying leg Curls 100 x 15, 125 x 10 rest 30sec 6 more reps, 125 x 8 rest 30 sec 4 more reps
BB SLDL 135 x 15, 185 x 12 (started 3rd set quit cause of the back pain)
One-leg curls 25 x 15 (slow hard sqeeze) 50 x 10 x 2 (slow sqeeze!!)

Leg ext 90 x 25, 120 x 15, 140 x 15 x 2 (last two sets were brutal!!! i did all sets super slow)
Squats 135 x 12, 225 x 12, 315 x 12, 315 x 7
Hack squats 2 plates per side x 12, same weight x 10

Meal 1- 2 scoops whey, 1.5 cups oats
Meal 2- 8oz. chicken, 2 cups rice
Meal 3- 3 scoops Real Gains w/peanut butter
Meal 4- repeat meal 2
Meal 5- 50g whey isolate 125g maltodextrine
Meal 6- 7 egg whites 3 yolks, 5 oz chicken, 1 cup oats

Quadz
05-30-08, 9:02 pm
We punish ourselves in the gym everyday, every week, year after year to make our muscles bigger than they were ever meant to be, to become stronger, and better. We wake up day after day with stiff muscles that don't function without icy hot.. We wake up the morning after a brutal leg session and stretch for 5-10 min, just so we can walk! After years of lifting we could make music with the way our joints pop..knees, elbows, shoulders and no amount of glucosamine can stop it...Working out until our bodies can't take anymore, drenched in sweat, muscles are numb, you puke when your CNS is screaming for you to stop...and then..you do that one more set... this is routine for us...and we smile as "normal" people stare and wonder why? why would we do that to our bodies? i think we do it because we have to...bodybuilding is ground into our brain as much as it is our bodies and we love the "torture" we put our bodies through. Our soreness is a part of our everyday as is the mental toughness it takes to do what we do...and in some abnormal way we love it and will continue to endure our battle for the perfect physique day after day year after year....

Quadz
06-01-08, 8:40 pm
Incline smith 225 x 12, 245 x 8, 245 x 7 drop to 155 x 10
Flat Dumbbell press 75 x 7 x 2 (rested longer before last set) 75 x 9 drop to 50 x 10
Cable Crossover 3 sets 15 reps

Rear Db raises 3 sets 15 reps
Machine raises 60 x 12 x 2
One-arm machine raises 30 x 12 x 2
Machine Press 80 x 15, 100 x 15, 120 x 12 x 2
Front/side/rear raises/arnold press(giant set) 1 set 40 reps total

Chest went pretty good i went a little heavier than i planned shoulder felt good then i had to back off a bit when i got to delts just got a good pump with light weights and thats it.

Quadz
06-04-08, 12:44 am
Arms today ended up bein a ton of volume 26 sets 17 for tris, kinda hoping th volume will shock them into growth and get me sore, but i don't plan on doing this often.
I think i will be trying to maintain my weight around 200 for the time being. I tend to lose weight if i don't eat a ton of food so...i'm just gonna try to solidify the gains i have made this year. Food was good today not as much as i would like i was right at 265-270 protein and 360 carbs.

Pressdowns superset with Reverse pressdowns 4 sets each
Close grip bench 135 x 12, 135 x 9 x 2
Lying ext superset kickbacks 3 sets each

Alt. Db curls 30 x 12, 35 x 8, 35 x 6 drop 25 x 6 drop 15 x 10
BB curls 60 x 11, 60 x 9, 60 x 7
Hammer curls (across body) 35 x 8 x 2, 25 x 15

Calves
standing raises superset with Donkey raises 3 sets each 15-20 reps

Toni69
06-04-08, 3:00 am
Hey Quadz man, solid wo's..glad to hear your doin well. I know show prep has its ups and downs, and by the looks of your last show pics, your gonna do serious damage at this one...especially since we know your gonna look even better!

its funny though when you said the less you eat the easier you tend to lose so your planning on increasing calories a bit? from protein right? is that what you meant? Right now Im holding 120 and I eat way more now (more cleaner tho), than I did before my last show prep, yet I weighed more before I started dieting for the Arnold. I was 134-132 but not lookin as good as I do now for offseason. Im totally dumbstruck as to how my body works..Im serious. Next show, I need to have someone who knows their shit to work with me one on one...not online, not occasionally.

Do you do all your dieting by yourself or do you get some guidance from a more experienced BB'ing peer?

Quadz
06-04-08, 10:30 am
Hey Quadz man, solid wo's..glad to hear your doin well. I know show prep has its ups and downs, and by the looks of your last show pics, your gonna do serious damage at this one...especially since we know your gonna look even better!

its funny though when you said the less you eat the easier you tend to lose so your planning on increasing calories a bit? from protein right? is that what you meant? Right now Im holding 120 and I eat way more now (more cleaner tho), than I did before my last show prep, yet I weighed more before I started dieting for the Arnold. I was 134-132 but not lookin as good as I do now for offseason. Im totally dumbstruck as to how my body works..Im serious. Next show, I need to have someone who knows their shit to work with me one on one...not online, not occasionally.

Do you do all your dieting by yourself or do you get some guidance from a more experienced BB'ing peer?

Babe, i'm taking year off from competition. Maybe i implied something different, but i dont feel like i have made enough of an improvement to my physique to win a show. I want to do a show in 2009 just like you. I hope to be around 215-220 when i diet down for the 2009 shows. Ummm what i meant about my eating is i'm stuck at 200 have been for 4-6 weeks so i'm just gonna try to solidify that weight for the next 2 months before i try to gain more. My problem is mymetabolism is SO fast that if i don't eat six meals wit tons of pro and carbs i will lose weight so i have to eat tons of food whether i'm trying to gain or not at least until i get my body comfortable at a new weight.
I actually have been workin wiht the same nutritionist and trainer for 3 years so durign the off season we don''t see eeach other much just kinda check ups to make sure i'm growing the way we plan...during contest prep i see him every two weeks up until like the last 3 then more often so we can make sure to dial me in perfect. It makes all the differance in the world when you don't have to think about your diet you just do what it says on the paper, but you gotta find someone you trust and that actually knows bodybuilding.

Toni69
06-04-08, 12:03 pm
why did I think you were getting ready for a show? LOL..I must be losing my mind here..LOL

sorry...LOL

Quadz
06-04-08, 12:18 pm
it happens lol. don't need to say sorry. I think i'm losing my mind most of the time.

Quadz
06-07-08, 8:09 pm
This week has been shit, i missed a couple of workouts but i got legs in two days ago and i can barely freakin move...it was a great workout though.

Leg ext 4 sets 15 reps (last set 4 forced reps slow negatives)
Smith Squats 135 x 12, 225 x 12, 315 x 10, 365 x 8 (slow and deep)
Leg press (superset with hack squats) 8 plates x 15, 10 plates x 12, 10 plates x11
Hacks 2 plates x 10, 4 plates x 6, 4 plates x 4 drop to 2 plates for 4

Haven't suprseted quads like that in a while it was pretty sweet. good pump great burn but like i said can't freaking walk. good times

Quadz
06-23-08, 10:29 am
the last 3 weeks have been kinda sporadic i haven't been in the gym the way i would like to be...between school and work i've been pretty much getting 3 days a week in..but i have been maintaining my weight right at 200 pounds. I finish my class on tues so i'll be free for a while and back in the gym, the way i wanna be

Quadz
07-02-08, 12:10 pm
My weight this morning was 200 last year before my shows a was probably 185 so i feel i have made significant improvement in size. I'm much thicker in the back and i feel i look denser overall. Still trying to bring up arms this is my current split to priortize them and still give enough attention to everything else. Diet is around 285-300 protein and 400 carbs don't count the fat. My main goal is now is to try to solidify my weight around 200 and get my body useed to it before trying to pack on more beef.

Current Split
Sun- Arms/calves
Mon- Quads
Tues- OFF
Wed- Chest
Thurs- Back/calves
Fri- Shoulders/traps/ hams
Sat- OFF

Toni69
07-02-08, 12:12 pm
hey, thanks for stopping by my journey. Split looks good and you def are making gains in your offseason..nice!

Stay in touch when you can. Im about ready to be out of the UK and heading back to the states later this month. I will be back online once Im settled in with my new place and new computer in New Jersey.

Quadz
07-03-08, 9:52 pm
Chest workout was awesome tonight!

Incline Dumbbell 3 warm-ups then 85's x 12, 100's x 10, 110's x 6 (personal record)
Flat BB 205 x 8, 205 x 8, 205 x 9 (last 2 sets spotter helped me get the last 2 reps)
Cable Crossover 70 x 15, 90 x 12, 90 x 12, 90 x 10
Cable Crossover from Floor 40x 12, 40x 12 40 x 10

the cable work was kinda a personalized FST-7 technique. I rested 30 seconds between all sets of the cable work...my pump started to fade a little on the last set of traditional crossovers so dropped to the floor to drive a maximum amount of blood into my chest. the result was a full and pumped chest and i didn't get as many carbs as i typically do so it was a pretty good session.

Quadz
07-04-08, 8:32 pm
Back was less than awesome tonight. took forever to warm-up and then my lower back went out on the second exercise

Reverse pulldowns- 3 warm-ups 2 "light" sets (15 reps) 2 "heavy" (8 reps)
reverse BB rows - 135 x 12, 185 x 12, 195 x 10, 135 x 20
Two arm Db row (off incline) 3 sets 12
Cable Rows 2 sets of 15 130
deads 135 x 12, 135 x 12, 135 x 10

yep 135 feels heavy as hell on deads...pretty sweet...i think my low back muscle have just gotten really weak and i'm just trying to get them back to normal. My back pain is definatly impeding my growth/workouts/strength it's beyond frustrating. working with massage therapist and Chiropractor right now and doing some extra stretching on my off days hopeing to clear this up over the next couple weeks.

Quadz
07-06-08, 8:49 am
Back was hurting pretty bad last night still tight today unfortunatly. I'm gonna take today off and start my training week Mon. like i did last week. It's really my first week that i have trained everything hard in a while. But i'm very limited in what i can do for back i'm gonna have to get very creative with my workouts to avoid tha pain. I have an appoinment wit my Doc to discuss my back pain and my shoulder pain probably gonna get and MRI done on the shouder and starting sort of a stretch therapy for my lower back along with the massage and Chiropractor work. Anyway this was last night delts and hams

Side raise 15 x 20, 20 x 20, 25 x 15, 30 x 13, 35 x 10
wide grip up-right rows 65 x 15, 85 x 13, 85 x 10
Smith Press 3 sets 15 with a 35 per side (heavy as i could go with out pain just did it super slow to make it harder)
One- arm rear delt machine 3 sets 12
Lying leg curls 4 sets last to heavy for 8
One leg leg curls 3 sets 15

Toni69
07-06-08, 9:51 am
I am all too familiar with back pain...so please take care of that asap. Rest and take it easy. My back issues impeded my training goals for long periods of time and Im only just now, these past months, able to train hard and heavy with no back issues to talk about, thanking God as I knock on wood.

Take care Quadz...

Quadz
07-06-08, 9:20 pm
I am all too familiar with back pain...so please take care of that asap. Rest and take it easy. My back issues impeded my training goals for long periods of time and Im only just now, these past months, able to train hard and heavy with no back issues to talk about, thanking God as I knock on wood.

Take care Quadz...

Thanks Toni, i'm trying to take care of it as fast as possible, i can't remember the last time i was functioning at 100%. My main goal now is just to try and maintain my weight and get healthy.

Thrawn
07-07-08, 3:59 am
Maybe substitute deadlifts with rackpulls for a while?
That will still put some massive size on your back and it will be a bit easier on the lower back. And chest supported rows instead of bent over rows. You could make up the workout for the lowerback with focussed sessions of hyper extensions. High reps, to aid in recuperation.

Just my 2 cents.

Subbed.

Quadz
07-07-08, 7:26 am
Hey Thrawn, thanks for stopping by. And thanks for the suggestions i think i'll be doing more hypers than anything at this point and a lot of stretching.

Quadz
07-07-08, 11:16 pm
Got arms pretty good tonight

Close grips warm-ups, 135 x 12 x 3
Pressdowns 15, 12, 12
Kickbacks superset one-arm cable press downs 3 sets each 15

Incline curls 25 x 15, 30 x 12, 30 x 10
hammer curls 30 x12, 35 x 10, 35 x 10
machine preachers 10, 8 (with two slow negatives for reps 9 &10)

still struglin with close grip execution i just don't feel the movement well but by the last set i was pretty pumped. Press downs were super strict and super heavy felt great did the light superset to just force as much blood in them as i could. Bi's kinda took care of themselves i was pumped after one set so all the exercises went well today for them.

Toni69
07-08-08, 2:55 am
Got arms pretty good tonight

Close grips warm-ups, 135 x 12 x 3
Pressdowns 15, 12, 12
Kickbacks superset one-arm cable press downs 3 sets each 15

Incline curls 25 x 15, 30 x 12, 30 x 10
hammer curls 30 x12, 35 x 10, 35 x 10
machine preachers 10, 8 (with two slow negatives for reps 9 &10)

still struglin with close grip execution i just don't feel the movement well but by the last set i was pretty pumped. Press downs were super strict and super heavy felt great did the light superset to just force as much blood in them as i could. Bi's kinda took care of themselves i was pumped after one set so all the exercises went well today for them.

You know I hate arm days, never do them. I split them up with other bodyparts cause I hate arm days so darn much. LOL

I think its a guy thing..the whole arm day split, LOL

I like cg stuff...especially on preacher ez bar curls...they get my biceps pumped and really bring height to my peak. I know lots of people dont like them, but I do for me they make my bi's grow. In fact, I never ever did straight arm bb curls...I always did EZ bar (wide and close grip) and db movements.

Good stuff here...as always.

Thrawn
07-08-08, 4:42 am
Nice session, Quadz! Love those slow negatives on the machine preachers!

Quadz
07-09-08, 7:01 pm
Took legs a little easier today to kinda help my back out. Still a good workout moved some pretty decent wieght

Leg ext 100 x 20, 115 x 15, 145 x15, 175 x 15 drop set 75 x 12
Smith Squats 135 x 12, 225 x 12, 275 x 12 x 2 sets
Leg press 485 x 15, 575 x 15 x 2 sets

Thrawn
07-10-08, 3:52 am
Short and sweet, my brother! I bet you kept pauze to a minimum? Should have given you a hell of a burn! Nice work!

Quadz
07-10-08, 9:17 am
You know I hate arm days, never do them. I split them up with other bodyparts cause I hate arm days so darn much. LOL

I think its a guy thing..the whole arm day split, LOL

I like cg stuff...especially on preacher ez bar curls...they get my biceps pumped and really bring height to my peak. I know lots of people dont like them, but I do for me they make my bi's grow. In fact, I never ever did straight arm bb curls...I always did EZ bar (wide and close grip) and db movements.

Good stuff here...as always.

i just noticed this, i love that arm days are a guy thing LOL!!! My arms just suck so i figured i would give them some special attention so the mothers GROW!! But because i value your opinion how would you set up a split for lagging arms?

Quadz
07-10-08, 9:19 am
Short and sweet, my brother! I bet you kept pauze to a minimum? Should have given you a hell of a burn! Nice work!

yea boss, i try to get it done quick. I was training with my old partner and everytime i finished a set he would just jump into position and blast out his set...so i couldn't let myself fall behind...we all know failure isn't really and option lol

Quadz
07-14-08, 8:09 am
Chest workout from thurs

Incline BB press warm-up 205 x 14, 225 x 11, 225 x 8
Flat fly/press 40 x 12, 50 x 12, 50 x 11 (performed the flys then DB presses right after with the same weight 12-15 reps)
Cable Cross overs 60 x 15, 70 x 13, 50 x 25

threw in a little shoulders
side laterals 4 sets 15 reps (light)
DB press 2 sets 10 (ultra light)

For some reason i can train chest heavy with out any shoulder problems. But the overhead press movements definatly cause some pain so. I think i need to lighten up my chest training, because i think it might help the shoulder(s) heal faster. I tend to always hit heavy, over time im sure it has worn out my tendons and joints. So i'll be attempting to stick to a 12-15 range for a while in hopes of healing my body up some more.

Doing 30-50 min of very low intensity cardio in the morning now. Not every day but probably 4 times a week or so. Just doing it for health i want my heart to be in good shape. Not really doing it for any fat loss, no need to drop any weight which i'm still maintaining 200! Pizza is the secret LOL!

Toni69
07-14-08, 11:49 am
i just noticed this, i love that arm days are a guy thing LOL!!! My arms just suck so i figured i would give them some special attention so the mothers GROW!! But because i value your opinion how would you set up a split for lagging arms?

well, right now my split is a bit crazy cause I have been doin a modified PL'ing routine the past 4 weeks. Normally I go with shoulders and tri's or bi's or chest and tri's or bi's...depends on my mood. I just have to split them up, I cant do arms all in one day..it actually annoys me. LOL

Thrawn
07-14-08, 3:47 pm
Looking good, Quadz! Take care of those shoulders tho. A delt injury can be very time consuming when it comes to healing...
Keep it up tho, brother! Doing well, i see! And gotta LOVE pizza =)

Quadz
07-18-08, 9:04 pm
Leg work from last night

Lying leg curl 4 sets 12-15 reps
One-leg curls 15, 8, 8
Leg ext 100 x 30, 130 x 25, 160 x 15 (all super slow) last set 4 negatives
Squat warm-ups 275 x 12, 275 x 11
lunges 2 sets with 30's

feeling this today between the high reps of the leg extensions then the heavy squats i'm pretty sore today. Back was acting up on me so i decided to for go my last set of squats. no low back pain today thought so all good.

Quadz
07-19-08, 9:48 pm
Worst leg soreness i have had in a LONG time!! Don' know if it was high reps on leg ext of what but quads are super sore hams are hurting pretty bad as well. resting up this weekend before starting up again on monday.

Thrawn
07-21-08, 6:13 am
Resting up and eating up after training big ===> GETTING sized up, brother =)

Quadz
07-22-08, 12:06 am
arms today

rope pressdowns 3 sets 8-15
skulls 3 sets 70 x 15, 80 x 10, 80 x 8
one-arm DB ext 3 sets 10
one-arm press downs 2 sets 12
EZ-bar curls 55 x 15, 65 x 12, 75 x 8, 75 x 6
machine preacher 2 sets 10 (sucked)
hammer curls 35 x 6 drop 25 x 6, 30 x 8
one arm preachers 2 sets 15 reps

I had a pretty decent wo. triceps were just not pumping up today though. Just had some elbow pain. SO i kinda went light after the skulls and just tried to pump them up. My biceps however seem to pump up incredibly even when i don't really like the exercise the machine preachers at this gym kinda suck so i just abandoned the idea after the first couple sets.

went and saw The Dark Knight with my girl tonight. I loved it! So for those of you who are Batman fans go see it!

After work tomorrow got legs...my favorite!!! love the pain!!!

Quadz
07-24-08, 10:37 am
did legs yesterday

Leg ext 105 x 20, 135 x 15, 165 x 15, 195 x 12, 180 x 10
Leg Press 360 x 12, 450 x 12, 540 x 12, 630 x 12, 720 x 6
Squats warm-ups 315 x 8, 315 x 6
one-leg curls 25 x15, 50 x 12, 60 x 12, 70 x 10
Lying leg curls 80 x 15, 100 x 15, 120 x 12

ok workout. the leg press i used was weird moved on a hinge not a sled, kinda hurt my kness. My back was kinda acting up on the squats so i didn't really push it. I guess it was just kinda an off day.

Quadz
07-27-08, 9:30 pm
I have had a pretty good weekend. My girl and i have been together for a little over a year and she wanted me to meet her extended family in South Carolina...Needless to say i don't think i have eaten this bad ever even when i was a little kid lol...i think saturated fats have become higher than protein...but it will be corrected tomorrow, as we are headed back home.
Its so cool up here though, very old fashioned the house we're staying in is over 100 years old! her family owns this beach house on Pawley's island. We went out there and it made me realize how much more to life there is than the gym. It was beautiful the back of the house has a dock out to the inlet and it's so quiet and....i really don't know how to describe it.. just realized how much i love her and how happy i was to be in such a beautiful place with her... yea yea i know super mushy shit but she deserves it.
She has been with me through my injuries helped me at the gym cooked my food and supported me while i was dieting for my shows last year emotionally and financially and she loves bodybuilding. Couldn't find anybody better!

Quadz
08-01-08, 10:54 am
had a bad ass leg session this week

Leg ext 130 x 20, 160x 15, 190 x 12, 190 x 10
Leg press 485 x 12, 665 x 12, 845 x 12, 1025 x 9 (PR!!!!)
Squat 225 x 15, 315 x 10, 365 x 7 (matched PR)
One leg curls 50 x 12 2 sets
Lying leg curls 85 x 15, 100 x 15, 115 x 12, 115 x 10 drop 55 x 6

Did this a couple days ago. I'm super sore which hopefully means my legs are growing. leg press PR was awesome the heaviest i have gone previous to this was 930 for 10 so about 100 pound improvement. And i matched my squat PR after leg press!!!! So we'll see what happens next week i might hit some front squats to mix it up a little. But not much back pain just normal tightness.

got the MRI back on my shoulder's they checked out ok so i'm pleased with that got into my shoulder training this week and i have mixed things up a bit for the sake of getting my self back to 100%. I'm hitting shoulders at the begining of the week so they are freash and i'm doing my deadlifts with shoulders too. taken my delt training kinda light for a few weeks just to back into the mix (12-15 reps) My hope as that over the next few weeks i can strengthen the low back muscles enough to put deads back on my back days. The pain in my back does seem to e improving so we'll see how my new experiment helps. and in the next 4 weeks or so get back into my heavy delt training

Thrawn
08-01-08, 11:30 am
Congrats man, big Pr and big weights!!

Quadz
08-03-08, 10:42 am
Congrats man, big Pr and big weights!!

hey thanks man, leg press is weird though i was looking at my previous leg workout and on that particular machine it's a hinge so i couldn't do near the weight without pain. I think that on the average leg press i wold max around 800-1000 for 10. but whatever i guess the weight don't matter anyway, as long as i'm growing.

Quadz
08-03-08, 11:01 am
Chest 8/01/08

Hammer Press 140 x 15, 180 x 15, 230 x 10, 180 x 12, 180 x 10
Incline DB 65 x 15, 80 x 12, 90 x 9, 90 x 10
Incline Flyes 40 x 12 x 3
Cable crossovers 80 x 12 x7 sets

workout was really good i got a great pump i was hitting some side chest shots after and was super full from top to bottom of the pecs. My second working set of hamer presses was a little to heavy i think i could have done it if my joints were a little more warm. Starting to incorporate Hany Rambod's FST-7 training into my training it is pretty brutal basically 7 sets at the end of the workout with 30-45 seconds of rest...the point is to build a better pump with each sucessive set and stretch the facia tissue from the inside out. Phil Heath has been improving with it so will see how it works for me.

Back 8/02/08

pull downs 140 x 15, 150 x 12, 160 x 10 drop 110 x 5, 140 x 10 drop 100 x 10
BB rows 135 x 12, 155 x 12, 185 x 10 x 2
high HS rows 80 x 12 x 2
DB rows 75 x 15 x 2
Cable rows 100 x 12 x 5
seated machine rows 110 x 12 x 2

This went pretty well. did a little variety with the pull downs took a while for me to get pump and the sets with 160 were kinda loose form not sloppy but loose so i took it down a few pounds and hit the last one's with super strict form. My back got super tight though after BB rows. Tried the FST-7 method with cable rows but it only lasted 5 sets my lower back couldn't hack it did a couple machine rows to finish.

Quadz
09-16-08, 10:16 pm
been a long time since i have been on here...i'm still fat and happy i'm up to around 210 durung the day...all my training is a little higher on the repititions for the time being juust to mix things up...definatly gonna try to keep legs higher rep for a while cause i've been doingg an 8-10 rep range for so long i think my 12-25 should shock them up...

Taking in right at 300 protein and 350-450 on the carbo's, not really sure bout the fat but eating a good amount of red meat and putting olive oil on my rice and chicken meals...

try to post some training up soon

Thrawn
09-17-08, 3:24 pm
Welcome back aboard, man =)) About time you updated us on what you are up to =)))

Quadz
09-18-08, 9:52 pm
Meal 1- 2 1/2 scoops whey, 1 cup oats, black coffee
Meal 2- 8oz chicken, 1 cup rice
Meal 3- MRP
Meal 4- Repeat meal 2
Meal 5-(Curtisey of Outback) Ceasar Salad, Sirloin steak, potato....and yea a little bloomin onion...
Meal 6-10 egg whites

This is typical of my "off" days i drop the carbs back a little and then have one meal that has a little junk in it...

My Split

Day1- Arms
Day2- Legs
Day 3-OFF
Day 4-Back/Rear delts
Day5- Chest/ Side and Front delts

I just started hitting abs twice...mine have always been pretty good so i've never had to train them i just want them to be deeper when i do my next show...and to balance out my lower back strength

Hitting calves twice a week also...ether mon, thurs or tues fri kinda depends how sore they are when it comes time to train them again...

Quadz
10-03-08, 11:01 am
my training has been really solid for the last 5-6 weeks been training a little lighter shooting for a 10-15 range getting a solid pump...this week has been a little off but i'll still get everything in... i'm getting a little more comfortable with my weight cause i'm only 5'6" at 215(fluctuates to 210 and back)

Last leg session
leg ext warm-up
verticle leg press- 4 plates 15. 6 plates 15, 8 plates 15, 10 plates 12, 12 plates 10
hackes warm-up 4 plates 12, 6 plates 7 (super slow)
Leg ext 4 sets 10-12 reps
Lying leg curls 4 sets 8-15
one leg curls 3 sets 8

This was a pretty good workout got really sore but my back was super pumped up and giving me trouble after my last set of presses and didn't let up on the hacks...so not sure when i'll be squating again...i'm starting to do hypers to strengthen my low back

Thrawn
10-03-08, 11:03 am
Nice brother! Keep it going!

Rage
10-03-08, 2:34 pm
Quadz brother...takes me a while to respond sometimes...hey bro, that's exactly what I'm talking about with being uncomfortable....lower back starts to get pissed when the weight gain is too quick. It's best to back off a tad and let the body catch up a bit. As you know...it's always giving us some sort of feedback so we have to listen or pay a price...usually not a good one. Thanks for checking in on my journey and I'll touch base from time to time.

Toni69
10-03-08, 3:11 pm
thanks for stopping by mu journey. i have legs posted here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7637&page=194

if you were wondering how the front of my my legs been looking..I think they are coming along. I do need more size, and in time..as long as my symmetry stays spot on and my conditioning is tight, Im a happy FBB'r, LOL. I honestly dont know if my legs will ever split! We shall see what comes about when its time for me to prep for my next show, next year. Im actaully weighing a bit less now than when those pics were posted...and I have another set of pics with my wo with McFly if you just go foward a few pages.

Stay in touch. oh..my arms are so sore! LOL

Quadz
10-03-08, 3:58 pm
Quadz brother...takes me a while to respond sometimes...hey bro, that's exactly what I'm talking about with being uncomfortable....lower back starts to get pissed when the weight gain is too quick. It's best to back off a tad and let the body catch up a bit. As you know...it's always giving us some sort of feedback so we have to listen or pay a price...usually not a good one. Thanks for checking in on my journey and I'll touch base from time to time.

No worries bud, that's what i figured it was...mine is pretty ferocious pain lol i'm just gonna try to stay around 220 and maintain that for a while. Thanks for stopping by man i'll keep ya posted on it.

Quadz
10-04-08, 3:07 pm
Chest workout

Incline Dumbbell- warm-ups 95's x 12, 110's x10 PR, 120's x 6 PR
Cable Crossovers 4 sets 15 reps 100 pounds
HS Bench Press- 140 x 15, 160x 12, 180x 10, 180x 8 drop 90x 15

abs
crunches 3 sets 20
hanging leg raise 3 sets 15

That was it short sweet, last set of the incline dumbell was a little to heavy i like to get at lest 8 reps and i should have stayed around the 110's but i felt good so i went for it.

Firedrake
10-05-08, 12:52 am
Good looking chest workout -- short, sweet and intense!

'drake

Quadz
10-06-08, 12:59 am
Good looking chest workout -- short, sweet and intense!

'drake

thanks bro

Back today

Underhand Pulldowns 3 sets 10 reps 170
Underhand Barbell Rows 185 x 12, 205 x 10, 225 x 7
HS one arm row 90 x 10, 140 x 8, 140 x 6
Cable rows 4 sets 12 reps 130 ( good strech and sqeeze)
Hypers 3 sets 12-14

On the pulldowns i just stayed strapped to the bar till i got ten the last set i failed around 7 and just rest paused to get the last 3 reps. The BB rows were good had a little trouble cause of my back pain but pulled through it...after the hypers had to stretch for about 25 min to loosen up...

I bumped my water to 2 gallons a day and dropped my carbs a little cause i'm trying to get more comfortable with my weight protein gonna be around 300 grams still.

till next time keep at it brothers!!

Quadz
11-08-08, 4:00 pm
So i dropped down to about 210 during the day and i'm weighing 205 in the am...i've gained 20 pounds in a year and 2 months and my abs are still showing so i'm happy with my gains!!

Been playing around with 5 day splits this is kinda what i settled on as i'm still trying to bring up the arms

Sun-Arms
Mon-Legs
Tues-Chest or Delts
Wed- Off
Thurs-Back
Fri- Chest or Delts

Still not sure whether i want chest or delts first my delts are kinda behind so i think they'll come firsts...Other than that trying out staggering my carbs kinda like machine did/does/used too the high days will be 400 lows 200 mods 300..

Untill next time..

Rage
11-24-08, 3:23 pm
So i dropped down to about 210 during the day and i'm weighing 205 in the am...i've gained 20 pounds in a year and 2 months and my abs are still showing so i'm happy with my gains!!

Been playing around with 5 day splits this is kinda what i settled on as i'm still trying to bring up the arms

Sun-Arms
Mon-Legs
Tues-Chest or Delts
Wed- Off
Thurs-Back
Fri- Chest or Delts

Still not sure whether i want chest or delts first my delts are kinda behind so i think they'll come firsts...Other than that trying out staggering my carbs kinda like machine did/does/used too the high days will be 400 lows 200 mods 300..

Untill next time..

I favor priority training...if your delts need more work, consider doing them on Tuesday instead of Friday..

Quadz
11-24-08, 4:56 pm
What up Rage, yea that's what i decided to do with the split....I thought i read something bout you doing nationals, did you do nationals this past weekend?? If so what's your real name i'll look you up on MD

other than that, happy thanksgiving bud!

Quadz
11-24-08, 5:07 pm
i'm dumb just realized that your forum said your show's not till 2010 lol i'm thinking summer 2009 for me

Quadz
12-04-08, 11:45 pm
Met with my trainer today i weighed 208 at just under 12% bodyfat so still really good in that area. BUt with my bf that low i would be a really small light heavy on stage...so no shows for me in 2009...I'm really focusing on growing size in the right places. Trying to try to get my weight around 220-225 and keep my bodyfat % about the same.

My training has been awesome currently, last leg session

Leg ext 4 sets 15reps (warm-up)
Leg press 14 plates 15 reps, 18 plates 15 reps PR, 22 plates 8 reps PR
Squats 225 x 15, 275 x 15, 315 x 8
Leg ext 7 sets 8-15 reps

We have a hammer strength leg press at my gym sled is 125 pounds! First PR was 935, second was 1115... all sleds are different my other gym my max is 18 plates for 10. My back was screaming at me on the squats so i couldn't push my heavier set with 315 to the max..once my back pain is under control i think i could handle it for 15 reps because my back gives out way befor the quads

The 7 sets are done using the FST-7 method...basically rest 30-45 seconds between sets and get a bigger tighter more painful pump with each successive set...it's supposed to stretch the facia tissue from the inside out...haven't used it a lot yet but implementing it more causes some BRUTAL soreness last a few days.

Quadz
12-05-08, 11:08 pm
Chest
Incline Dumbell (warm-ups) 12 x 85's, 12 x 100's, 9 x 115's PR
HS Press 15 x 140, 12 x 180, 7 x 230, 10 x 180
Cable Cross over 6 sets 8-15

Triceps
Pressdowns 3 sets 15, 12, 10
Tricep machine 7 sets 8-15

good strength today on chest took awhile to get warm but great pump couldn't make it through another set of the FST-7 on the cables...triceps went pretty good i'd like to do two exercises for 2 sets a piece then my 7 but while i'm getting used to it just did two exercises tonight...anyway got another week of training then i'm gonna give my body a rest mayber do some ultra light training but definately gonna have some off time to recover.

Quadz
12-09-08, 10:37 am
Shoulders
Smth Press 12 x 155, 12 x175, 10 x185
Front barbell raise 14 x 45, 12 x 55, 10x 55
Side lateral's 2 sets 12 x 25
Machine side raises 6 sets 8-12
calves
standing raises
2 warm-ups 3 sets 12
Biceps
alternate dumbbell curls 30's for 10, 35's 8-9 (can't remember)
hammer curls 12 x 40's, 8 x 40's
Preacher machine 6 sets 8-12 reps

Volume of this is pretty hard doesn't take to long though got a nasty pump in shoulders had to train calves in between so i could actually train biceps good. Biceps got pumped fast so it kinda limited the amount of weight i good do unless i wanted slop up my form felt like strict was a better move yesterday. The 7's which are sixes right now lol on biceps were good but rigardless of the wieight i couldn't keep it out of the tendon that attaches the lower bicep..pump in th bi muscle was great though.

Quadz
12-09-08, 10:42 am
Not 100% sold on FST-7 but it's the only "training program" that has really intrigued me before...Normally i train very instinctive with moderately heavy weights and moderate volume...tried and true for me i guess...but Rambod's theory behind this is cool so i'm giving it a try.

I am having a hard time getting through all 7 sets right now my peak pump seems to be around the 5th set and doesn't get as intense on the 6th i just feel numb so that's why i haven't done the 7's on anything yet...except for legs they got super pumped every set.

Trying some different carb sources mainly brown rice in pre-workout meal to try to sustain energy...normally i'm a white/yellow rice guy in the off-season. Getting plenty of water so we'll see how it goes.

Quadz
12-12-08, 4:29 pm
Legs
One-leg ext- 3 sets
Squats 225 x 15, 275 x 15, 315 x 15
Leg press 12 plates 15 reps, 14 plates 14 reps
Seated Leg curls 4 sets 12-15 reps
Lying leg curl 3 sets 12

Didn't do 7's last night cause i was already burning so much from the squats. the squats were killing my back but i flexed the shit outta my abs and actually pushed my quads to failure 315's a PR at 15 reps for me. I used a strange leg press variation too it moved on a hinge almost and the platform actually pivots when you get to the bottom of the movement...since my back was hurting so bad from the squats i tried to keep these a little lighter and slow reps...felt like if i went super heavy it would just make my back pain worse.

Doing pilates...yea i know...twice a week to strengthen my core...my physical therapist is the one putting me through it. She says my low back pain is a result of weak core strength...so hopefully i'll be able to correct this over the next couple months before i start trying to gain weight again.
Late

Thrawn
12-14-08, 6:04 am
Whats up, brother!! I see you still put in some great dedication too!
What is that hate-relationship you have with deads, bro? Anything i or someone else can help you with?

Quadz
12-14-08, 12:58 pm
Whats up, brother!! I see you still put in some great dedication too!
What is that hate-relationship you have with deads, bro? Anything i or someone else can help you with?

It may be just that i've had such bad low back pain this year and the movement flares it up, but it just has always felt super awkward.. I started trying rack deads but so short i have to stack a couple 45's and stand on them for that and free weight i start from the top off a squat rack take it down past my knees and come up.. just feels weird and i can barly use what i barbell row lol...thus the hate..plus i fear that it will expand my waist... that's it really so Yea definately open for any sugestions boss

Thrawn
12-15-08, 4:40 pm
Hmmm. Would it possible for you to have a vid done with you doing rackpulls and/or deads? You dont have to use a lot of weight, its just for form. I have a sneaking suspicion you might be a bit too much in front of the weight when doing deads/racks. Just a suspicion for now.

Quadz
12-15-08, 6:34 pm
Hmmm. Would it possible for you to have a vid done with you doing rackpulls and/or deads? You dont have to use a lot of weight, its just for form. I have a sneaking suspicion you might be a bit too much in front of the weight when doing deads/racks. Just a suspicion for now.

Maybe man, i'm trying to get a vid of my squats for physical therapist so a deadlift vid would be just a good addition be helpful for her too i'm sure...If i can i'll post one and let you know

Thrawn
12-16-08, 3:49 pm
Maybe man, i'm trying to get a vid of my squats for physical therapist so a deadlift vid would be just a good addition be helpful for her too i'm sure...If i can i'll post one and let you know

That would sure help. I await your notice.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-31-08, 12:15 am
havent been here for a while! whats doin

Quadz
12-31-08, 10:49 am
havent been here for a while! whats doin

It has been a few weeks...just starting to train after a week and a half rest, which was much needed. So i'm lifting in y 10-15 rep range for the next 4 weeks drop to 8-12 after that for another 4 weeks..then some heavy 6-10 stuff for another 4 might take a break somewhere in there.

Still experimenting with the FST-7 training...the soreness this method causes is so brutal...i still have lingering calf soreness from a workout done a week ago! I was having trouble getting through all 7 sets that is getting much better now..it is a little more volume than i'm used to but we'll see how it goes!

Quadz
12-31-08, 11:59 pm
Lying leg curls 3 sets 10-12
One leg curls 1x 15 reps, 2 x 10
Seated leg curls 7 sets 8-10

Leg press (warm ups) 14 plates x 10, 18 plates x 7
Hack Squats 4 plates x 12, 4 plates & 2 25's x 10, same x 6 drop to 4 plates x 6
Leg ext 7 sets 10 reps

Pumps witht he FST-7 are so insane on quads...as i've said before i only rest about 30-40 sec between the 7 sets. did some pretty good weight today on the leg press i should have stayed a little lighter but i felt good so i went for a heavy set...Hacks were great too did them super slow...Hamstrings are just painful to train the 7's are pretty bad on those to..

Best thing about this workout is i had almost zero pain in my lower back....i guess all my extra pilates and core work is paying off...I have had pain in my low back for the better part of a year and in about 6 weeks i'm 80% better at least!

Quadz
01-13-09, 11:24 pm
Training going very well using a four day split
Mon-Shoulders, Triceps, Calves
Tues-Back, rear delts, abs
wed-Off
Thurs-Chest, Biceps
Fri-Legs, calves

Back tonight

Pull ups 5 sets 10-15 reps (assisted around 50 pounds)
T-bar Rows 135 x 15 reps, 180 x 12, 225 x 10, 225 x 9 ( includes bar)
Hammer Strength Pull down 180x 12, 270 x 10, 230 x 10
Dumbell Rows 15x 70, 12 x 85, 10 x95
Deadlift (ultra light) 15 x 135, 12x 185

Rear Delt Machine 4 sets 10 -15 reps

Standing Calt Raises 4 sets 12-15

I was happy with the weight i used tonight very quick pace felt like throwing up once i got to the DB rows...Since i have had so much trouble with my back it is only recently started to get well enough for me to do exercises like t-bars and DB rows barbell rows ect. That's why i chose to go so light on the deadlifts...i haven't done deadlifts near my max poundage in a while and even with the lighter weights i don't take anything to failure just kinda playing it safe and getting my body used to the movement again.

Thrawn
01-14-09, 4:34 pm
Training going very well using a four day split
Mon-Shoulders, Triceps, Calves
Tues-Back, rear delts, abs
wed-Off
Thurs-Chest, Biceps
Fri-Legs, calves

Back tonight

Pull ups 5 sets 10-15 reps (assisted around 50 pounds)
T-bar Rows 135 x 15 reps, 180 x 12, 225 x 10, 225 x 9 ( includes bar)
Hammer Strength Pull down 180x 12, 270 x 10, 230 x 10
Dumbell Rows 15x 70, 12 x 85, 10 x95
Deadlift (ultra light) 15 x 135, 12x 185

Rear Delt Machine 4 sets 10 -15 reps

Standing Calt Raises 4 sets 12-15

I was happy with the weight i used tonight very quick pace felt like throwing up once i got to the DB rows...Since i have had so much trouble with my back it is only recently started to get well enough for me to do exercises like t-bars and DB rows barbell rows ect. That's why i chose to go so light on the deadlifts...i haven't done deadlifts near my max poundage in a while and even with the lighter weights i don't take anything to failure just kinda playing it safe and getting my body used to the movement again.

Looking good Quadz! And smart move to ease back into deads, brother. That is the way to go. Get used to them again, get comfortable with the feel again, then RIP them UP.

Quadz
01-14-09, 5:42 pm
Looking good Quadz! And smart move to ease back into deads, brother. That is the way to go. Get used to them again, get comfortable with the feel again, then RIP them UP.

thanks bud that's the plan! i'm 90% sure i'll be competing june or july so i only got a few months of off season left like 3-4 months max before i'll be cutting down...so maybe i'll be close to my normal dead strength and thicken up my low back a little more

Quadz
01-19-09, 5:52 pm
Catching up on the last couple workouts i did

Chest/biceps
Incline press 185x15, 205x12, 225x8, 225x6 + 2 forced reps
Incline flyes 40x12, 50x12x2sets
HS Flat Presses 140x15,180x12, 230 x 4 + 2 forced reps+ 2 negative
Cablecross over 2 sets 15-20reps

Seated DB curls 30x12,40x8x2sets
barbell curls 70x 10x 2sets
One arm machine curls 50x 12-15 x 3 sets

Hams/Quads
Lying leg curls 70x 20x2, 100x15, 110x12, 120x8 drop set 80 x 7
Seated leg curls 135x15, 150x15, 180x12, 180x10
one leg curls 50x 10, 35 x 12 (wasn't feeling these)
leg ext (warm-up) 3 sets 20 reps
Squats 225x12, 275 x 12, 315x 12
Leg press 12 plates x 12 reps, 16 plates x 6 reps, 8 plates x 20 reps
step ups 2 sets 15 holding 20's

was pretty fatigued after squats...leg press i don't like to go below 8 reps normally just was heavier than i anticipated so i dropped the weight by half to get some high reps...step ups are new thing...Vic Martinez said he has been doing a lot of them so thought i give a try, not sure if i lved them but i'll try them a few weeks see what kinda response i get

Quadz
01-20-09, 10:36 pm
mon- shoulders and triceps

Side laterals 4 sets worked up to 40's x 8
DB presses 14 x 50, 12 x 60
front raises (leaning against incline bench) 25x15, 30x 12
one arm laterals 20x10x2
machine laterals 7 sets 12

Pressdowns 50 x 20, 60 x 15, 80 x 12, 100 x 5 drop set 60 x7
Lying Ext 70 x 12 x 2
lying DB ext 25's x 10 x 2
overhead cable ext v-bar attachment 150 x 15, 180 x 12

Shoulders were off today...i tried throwing in the FST-7 to try to pump them up more at the end...I don't think the method works that well for me.. Just gonna stick to what has worked for me in the past

Triceps were great solid pump good weight for me...my first exercise with pressdowns i used the heavy stack at my gym...it's retarded heavy the last cable ext exercise i used are lighter stack, thus the significant weight difference.

tues- Back/calves

Underhand pulldowns 130x 15, 150 x 12, 180 x8
Barbell rows 185 x 15, 205 x 12, 225 x 8
Cable Pullovers 40 x 15, 60 x 10 x 2
HS rows 90 x 12, 135 x 8, 115 x12
Deadlifts 185 x 15, 205 x 12

toe presses 4 plates x 20 x 2, 6 plates x 20, 15
seated rasies 90 x10, 70 x 15, 12

Back was good this week...still trying to hold back on weight as you see most sets i get 12-15 reps only a few falling below 8 in another couple of weeks maybe start to add more weight. still trying to baby my lower back a bit just cause it's just now starting to function like normal...a result of tons of core work...mostly pilates..don't laugh makes the world of difference!

Toni69
01-20-09, 10:51 pm
hey..pilates is a killer wo. I didnt think the karate thing would be so challenging and it is. I mean im not built for speed and hate to jump. to top it off, people in my class, black belts, that i looked at them and thought ok whatever...then they would kick or punch and your sparring with them...they have tremendous power and speed and never lifted a damn weight in their life! Im seriously impressed with the guys and gals in my class...and def learned to never underestimate you opponent!

Good stuff here as always Quadz...always pushing the limit.

Quadz
01-22-09, 6:23 pm
Chest and biceps

Incline DB press 75 x 15, 85 x 12, 95 x 9
Incline HS press 140 x 12, 180 x 12 x 2sets
Flat DB flyes 40 x 12 x 3sets
Machine flyes 2 sets 15 reps

Alternate seated DB curls 30 x 10, 35 x 8 x 2
cable curls 70 x 15, 110 x 6 drop set 80 x 6
machine preachers 2 sets x 12 reps (don't remember weight
hammer curls 30 x 15, 12

Great pump in both chest and biceps. Legs tomorrow.

Quadz
02-15-09, 6:54 pm
It's been awhile but this is my usual pattern disappear for awhile and do work and come back to report..
Training is very consistent and going well. Been slowing down the rep speed especially negatives in effort to tap those deep muscle fibers..still through in my norm speed to get some extra overload with heavier weight..
4 day week split training Sun (back), Mon (Arms), Tues(legs), and Thurs(chest shoulders)
Gonna follow this split for about 4-6 weeks then switch it up again..
I get bored if i keep things the same to long and i think there is a great benift to varitey of splits/workouts

Diet is going well round 300g protien daily ( 6 meals) and carbs are 350-400...fat not sure exact but around 60-80
Maintaing 203 pounds 11% bodyfat

till next time

Quadz
05-23-09, 3:08 pm
So i'm sitting at work and things are a bit slow and it's been awhile since i've been on the forum..
things really haven't changed much for me. I started dieting about 4 weeks ago getting ready for the Dexter Jackson Classic on Aug 1st, probably doin a smaller show a couple weeks before.
things are coming together pretty well diets not that bad.. Basic 6 meals a day lower carbs doing a lot of cardio right now... but it's needed i was a little fatter than i should have let myself get..
I started at 217 and i'm around 205 feelin much better at this weight really.

Training's still hard as ever 5 days a week moderate volume around 6-15 reps per set. Right now just really focusing on making the muscle work and try to get the best pump i can. But i'm a little flat because of the lower carbs..

i'll update occasionally.. till next time

Quadz
05-27-09, 4:45 pm
Sun- Quads
Squats (warm ups) 315 x 14, 365 x 10, 405 x 6
Leg press 12 plates x 12, 12 plates 12 drop set 6 plates x 17
Walking Lunges (dumbells) 3 sets 12 steps each leg 25's
One leg ext 40-50 pounds 3 sets 10

Mon- Chest/ calves
Incline DB press (warm ups) 90 x 12, 105 x 10, 105 x 9
HS flat press 180 x 12 x 2 sets
cable cross over 3 sets 15 reps 110 (light stack)
Incline flyes 40 x 15 x 2

toe presses 6 plates x 15 x 3
seated raises 90 x 10 x 3

Tues- Back
Pullups 12, 10, 8 ( 50 pounds assisted)
Underhand pulldowns 120 x 12, 135 x 11, 135 x 10
t-bar rows 180 x 12 x 2, 205 x 10 (including bar weight)
Cable rows wide grip 120 x 15, 135 x 15 x 2 slow and 1-2 sec squeeze
Smith Deads 225 x 10 x 2

good week so far strength is actually pretty good. Kinda flat in the gym carbs are like 70-135grams a day dependin if it's a high or low day.. Doin bout 1.5 hour cardio daily as well.

Possibly switchin to a 4 day training split for better recovery.

Any 4 day splits ya'll post em up. I'm up for some ideas..

Quadz
05-28-09, 5:49 pm
Met with trainer today... No major changes.. 1.5 hours cardio 6 days a week, diet still rotational carbs just more low days. My training is gonna be 4 days a week so i can get an extra recovery day

arms/calves
legs/abs
off
back/rear delt/calves
chest/front and side delt/ abs

Arms have always been my weakest link so he wants me hittin em after couple days rest on their own day... kinda makes the chest/delts day a little longer but not too bad...
New split starts sun...

Firedrake
05-28-09, 7:19 pm
Looks like you're hitting it hard -- as much as we all like updates, it's the work that's important. Good luck!

Quadz
06-01-09, 12:18 pm
i just feel overly tired this last few weeks i've been going through personal hell... My grandfather died a week before i started my diet, and with the challenges of a contest diet and training regeme(sp) my girlfriend and i of two years have been outta of sorts and i think that's come to and end this weekend so i slept for 3 hours sat.. and i missed a couple cardio sessions...which sucks cause it's just gonna make me play catch up... but really just sucks that a relationship which i thought was gonna be forever coming to an end...And trust that i fought for her but i guess love isn't enough sometimes...

I don't noramally post this kinda stuff but just venting...and i know some people have been here before

Quadz
06-22-09, 11:09 am
so 4 weeks out this past sat diet is pretty crucial right now pretty sure i'm running about 330 grams of protien and 50-60 carbs still 1.5 hours of cardio 6 days a week.
Training 4 days a week... Last week was the last "heavy" week. I'm still training 10-12 reps but i'll be throwing in a few more drop sets and super sets.. really just trying to stimulate the muscle tissues now and not overstress anything... I train instinctively though and if i feel like i can do a heavier set of 8 or so i will.

pretty sure i'll be somewhere between 180-183 on stage.. so a 12-15 pounds gain in stage weight in bout 20 months. Very pleased :)

Quadz
06-30-09, 11:33 pm
At the point now where i just want to be onstage...I'm currently doing 2 hours of cardio daily.. Both are 30min of stairmaster and 30 min of treadmill...My trainer and i are hoping this will help bring in my ham glute tie in tighter...
Training split is 4 days a week

Day 1- quads/hams (sometimes am pm workouts depending on how i feel)
Day2 - Arms
Day 3- Back/rear delt/ calves
Day4- Chest/ Front & Side delts

Kinda a strange split but it works for me.. Usually a day off inbetween workou 2 and 3
Hittin legs with a 12-15 rep range...and every other bodypart a little lighter too like 10-15.. reps. I train a little heavier (never less than 8 reps) if i feel like i can handle it.. But right now i'm just trying to flush blood in the muscle and try to keep fullness, without riskin injury..

Toni69
07-01-09, 12:56 am
I know you had a lot goin on these weeks along with this prep...stay focused. You need to get heart and soul into this thing and bring it home for YOU. get your rest, get your meals in...do the work and stay on track.

Quadz
07-01-09, 1:11 pm
I know you had a lot goin on these weeks along with this prep...stay focused. You need to get heart and soul into this thing and bring it home for YOU. get your rest, get your meals in...do the work and stay on track.

That's the plan. Been the toughest prep i've had but i think i'll be in my best ever conditionin even with all the emotional stess been going on.. But i'm definately ready for it to get here..

Quadz
07-02-09, 7:48 pm
I had the day off i got up did hour of cardio.. 30 min stairmaster followed by 30 min of treadmill. Came home for first meal, consisting of egg whites and oatmeal and strong black coffee. Back to the gym for chest/ shoulder training, which went well. I spent the day with my family as it was my sisters birthday but I slept almost all day. Bout to eat my 5th meal pick up some grocery's and back to the gym for yet another hour of cardio. 30min Stars and 30 min treadmill....

Tommorrow and Sat are just a cardio days but i'm working 9.5 hours... Sun i'm hittin legs..

Firedrake
07-02-09, 8:33 pm
Damn, you're putting in the effort! I can't wait to hear the results. You've really done some hellacious work! (And the *worst* is yet to come <grin>). Gotta embrace the cardio. LOVE the cardio . . . cardio is your friend!

Quadz
07-04-09, 7:29 pm
Damn, you're putting in the effort! I can't wait to hear the results. You've really done some hellacious work! (And the *worst* is yet to come <grin>). Gotta embrace the cardio. LOVE the cardio . . . cardio is your friend!

I agree my friend... with the worst is yet to come statement. As far as loving cardio that'll never happen!!! But the thing is when there is stubborn fat to come off.. it has to be done.
I'm actually handling it pretty well though.. In the past i dieted for 6-8 weeks in acutuallity the first 4-6 was really just clean eating.. and i did not do much cardio untill the last 4 weeks. It is truly amazing to me how much the metabolism has changed in two years! But i'm starting to come together. Just sucks cause i barely have the energy to train and get through cardio yet alone practice posing.. Just trying to get 20 min daily.. i pose well i just need to get re-used to the breathing...

Quadz
07-05-09, 12:34 am
so here's how my 4th of july went....
1.woke up late
2. went to gym 30 min stairs 15 min treadmill
3. Meal 1, went to work
4. Work had two meals
5. Home 2 more meals
6. Gym 30 min stairs 15min treadmill, 15 min eliptical, 15 min treadmill
7. Home last meal
8. Soaked legs in epsom salt, cause they are full of lactic acid from all the cardio

The life of a bodybuilder during contest prep...Today i thought about food non-stop...bacon cheese burgers fries, pizza, steak and loaded potatoes, japanese food, mexican, and a big breakfast consisting of bacon hash browns grits pancakes biskits and gravey, Peanut butter!! i want to open a jar and eat the entire contents with oreo cookies to go with it, cake (choc with the creamy icing), brownies (blonde and choc)...mmmmm

I'm 13 days out officially from the show...then i have 2 weeks before the last one...pretty sure i'll be peaking a little better at the second.. but i can't wait for it to get to the stage for me to kick ass and then freaking pig out!!!!!! within reason of course ;)

Quadz
07-05-09, 7:09 pm
1 hour cardio this morning
Came home got the first couple meals in me then trained legs. I went to another gym today..my membership has access to 10 gyms... This one in particular had some awesome leg equipment!

Lying Leg Curls 4 sets 12-15
Seated leg curls 4 sets 12-20
One Leg Cybex leg curls 3 sets 10
Leg extension 4 x 15-20 last set 15 drop 50% weight for another 15
leg press 8 plates x 15, 10 plates x 12, 12,12
HAcks 2 plates x 20, 4 plates x 10 rest pause 2 more, 8 reps rest pause 3 more
Lunges 2 sets across gym w/ 25's

the lying leg curl is made by icarian really forces hams to work hard to cheat even if you wanted to... the cybex one leg get a nice extra squeeze at the top b/c of the angle it puts you in... the leg ext is also made by icarian it hits the top of the quad to the bottom allows for great contrations (better than most models).. This leg press is a beast last week at another gym i think i was doing 14 plates or so and it was easier than ten on this mother!

With all the cardio i'm doing though and and hour a day being stairs not trying to go exceptionally heavy just deep slow controlled reps all compund movements deep slight pause at bottom.. really "flexing" the weight up and tryin to force as much blood into the muscle as i can..

Off weights tommorrow just my 2 hours of cardio... One more hour to do tonight

Quadz
07-08-09, 8:52 pm
What i'm coming to terms with is that i put on SOOO much un-needed weight. I didn't think quailty weight i just wanted to be 220 pounds.. I made it there but i put on so much fat...I hate saying that but i was a FAT ASS..

I thought i was gonna be a Lt. Heavy for sure but it's looking like to be in condition i'll be a Middleweight at the top of the class.

My upper body is looking very hard chest is striated biceps separated pretty well and looks like some cross striations in the tri. Upper back is hard low back is being stubborn as shit...quads are good hams are separating but the glutes are being stubborn as well...

I'm doing 2 shows the second is 2 weeks after the first so..i'm thinking thats were i'll actually peak.

So will see how it goes!!!

Quadz
07-25-09, 12:35 am
I placed second in the middleweights. IF you look at the first pic i'm the guy all the way on the right short hair. If you can see the button competitor number 36

http://www.iajephoto.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=7204

I know i need to be a little harder and drier. Next show is in a week. Still been doing 2 hours cardio a day a little more carbs than before..Start depleting and boilin chicken on Sun.

Quadz
07-30-09, 12:01 am
training the last 2 weeks between shows was better a little heavier nothing crazy but i feel like it helped keep density... As long as my carb up goes well i should come in much drier for this show and i actually leaned up considerably between the shows... Very excited about this show Dexter Jackson Classic 2009. Should be a big show and be exciting to meet jay and Ronnie. Pretty sure phil's coming too!!

Quadz
08-01-09, 1:55 am
So it's the night before my show...well i guess early morning it's 1:40 am.. I've been trying to sleep with no luck on that front. I've been eating every two hours alternating between filet mignon with sweet potato's and sweet potatoes with rice cakes.. I did have a plain bacon burger and plate of fries to help fill out as well..i have one more meal i'm going to eat and then hopefully get a little sleep. I have come in much leaner than my photo's from 2 weeks ago i have posted and i think i'll be considerably more dry. Legs are looking hard from front back and the side.. So i'm very pleased with how i've dialed in. People have been asking me what i'm going to eat after and whats funny is i have no idea.. Other than having 2 bottles of pedialite and 2 liters of water on ice and some crystal light in hand for after the show i don't really know.. I've been eating so much during the carb up i'm kinda sick of food.. But god am i thirsty i went from 2 gallons of water a day to 3/4 gallon on wed, 1/2 gallon thurs, roughly 32oz today..Not sure what i'll be alotted tomorrow..that'll be discussed with my nutritionist.
I have already been thinking about my Off-Season training but my trainer is actually gonna write me a routine focusing on bringing up my arms (weakest bodypart) normally i handle my training and he does nutrition so it should be a good change. Dex's show gave us a bunch of samples of protein and bars and stuff so i'll have "cleaner" things to eat when i'm craving sweets after the show. Pretty sure sometime between the pre-judgeing and evening show i'll be headed to the grocery store for some sugar free ice cream some sugar free choc syrup and cool whip..i haven't had anything sweet in so long it'll taste great to me and the lower cal's will keep my rebound in check.. i'm gonna eat some sirloin fish and chicken, prob some egg whites.. for 3 of my meals and use MRP's for 2 and one meal will be protein and oats just something simple and easy and might do a little cardio if i start rebounding hard with that intake.. and i'll be 2 gallons water a day 1 reg 1 crystal light (love lemonade!) so... i guess that's all for now.. gonna try to sleep some more and i'll update how the show goes soon..

Quadz
08-02-09, 7:48 am
I did not place well at the DJC this year i was last in my very tough middleweight class but i was in the best shape i've ever been in. I brought my weight in another 7 pounds from the pics i have posted and i was very dry.. So personally i'm happy with what i achieved. From a competitive standpoint i am disappointed i wish i had done better. MD has the list of class winners not sure if they'll have pics posted but.. when they do i'll hit you up with a link.
I will be taking most of the week off training but playing that by how i feel. Nothing heavy all pump training just to take care of the joints. But i will be moving into heavier poundages as i feel my bodies rested. I'm ready for a productive off season in which i plan on gaining lean quality muscle. Not looking at it like i need to weigh 200 pounds or weigh 235 pounds just going to train harder and more basic (less machines) and pound down the protein.

be putting up some workouts, diet etc. etc. soon.

Quadz
08-07-09, 10:53 pm
Back/rear delts 8/07/09

Chins- 3 sets wide grip 100 pounds asistance 10 reps each
2 sets close 100 pounds for 8, 120 for 15
BB rows- 135 x 15, 185 x 12 x 2, 185 x 10
HS high row- 140 x 15, 160 x 15, 180 x 12
Underhand pulldowns 105 x 12, 90 x 12 x 2
Deads 185 x 12, 11
Rear pec dec- 60 x 15, 70x12, 70 x 10, 50 x 15
rear laterls 30's x 12, 10 20's x 20

Everything was done with very deliberate squeezing forcing the muscle to work..the HS rows were to light..need to bump a little next week. Deads are gonna be on the lighter side as i've gotten away form them for a long time now and trying to get form and feel back before i pile weight..

Quadz
08-11-09, 1:07 pm
8/10/09 Arms
BB Curls 55 x 15, 65 x 12, 75 x 10, 75 x 6 drop 55 x 4
hammer curls 30's x 12, 40's x 10 x 2, 35's x 8
one arm machine curls 30 x 12, 40 x 10 x 2

Rope press downs (warm-ups) 120 x 15, 140 x 12 x 2
Close Grips 135 x 12, 155 x 10 x2
Machine Dips 180 x 15, 200 x 12, 210 x 10 x 2
one arm DB ext 20's x 12 x 2, 15's x 12

Biceps first to warm up the elbows better. everything is being performed deliberate lots of squeezing.. Hammers were a little sloppy with the 40's the 35's were ultra strict 1 sec hold at top..close grips ok to much chest involement still..switching to ext next week...the one arm ext performed w/ very long stretch at bottom 1-2 sec..lets a lot of blood in there..

Trained around 8pm energy was good..4 meals before workout and bout a gallon of water

Quadz
08-11-09, 1:12 pm
8/11/09 legs

Leg ext 3 x 20 reps warm up
Smith Squats 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 10, 315 x 10
leg press 8 plates x 15, 12 plates x 15 x 2 sets
Leg ext 110 x 15, 12, 10
Seated leg curls 135 x 15, 165 x 15, 180 x 14
Lying leg curls 70 x 15, 80 x 15, (last set toes together like a triangle) 60 x 15

First leg workout since my show so i was pretty happy with it.. Decent amount of weight for quads but very controled form on every set..really squeezin the quads... hams i train very slow a little higher rep 12-15..no swingin i just don't feel they get worked

Just one meal before training today.. bout a liter of water and strong cup coffee.. overall good energy and focus throughout the workout.

Quadz
08-13-09, 1:35 pm
8/13/09 Back/ Rear delt

Chins 12,12,10 100 pound assist, close chins 8 w/100 pound assist drop set 12 reps 140 pound assist
BB rows 135 x 15, 185 x 12, 195 x 11 x 2
HS high row 180 x 12, 200 x 12 x 2
Cable rows 100x 15, 130 x 12, 160 x 8, 100 x 15
Deads 210 x 10 x 3
rear pec dec 60 x 15 x 2, 70 x 12, 9, 11 drop set after last set to 50 for 12 1 sec hold at top

Good workout weights were slightly heavier than last week.. trying to make a small increase in weight lifted or amount of reps with same weight each week.
Trained early today after one meal bout a liter of water..good energy throughout workout.

Quadz
08-15-09, 1:06 am
8/14/09 Chest/ delts

Incline BB 185 x 15, 205 x 12, 225 x 7, 185 x 11 rest pause then 4 more
HS Press 180 x 10, 8, 7
incline flyes 30 x 15, 40 x 15, 50 x 12

Side raises 30 x 15, 35 x 12, 40 x 10, 8
Smith press 135 x 12, 155 x 10, 8 135 x 10
Front BB raise 40 x 12 x 3 (rest maybe 40 sec)

Good workout maybe a little to heavy form was solid but my right shoulder is hurting a bit and it's only been a couple weeks since my show.. so i might hold back a bit more wieght wise next week.