PDA

View Full Version : Entering the Gates of Hell

Pages : [1] 2

squattingtillipuke
05-20-08, 8:25 am
Ok guys, here it is...I have thought about it and have decided that I am not going to do a cut until Jan-Feb 2009...I want to add as much clean mass as I possibly can from now until then.

Current: 6'3" 218lbs 10-12%bf
Goal - I don't want to set a weight goal becuase I don't care how much I weigh as long as I keep the bf relatively low during this time. If I were to guess I would think that I could get to 240 relatively easy without getting too much fat on me. Of course that is 100% based on me busting my ass!!!!

Below are the details of my workout/nutrition/supps that I plan on running starting June 2, 2008.

Workouts
Monday - killing the wheels!!
Squats 2x10 warm up...5x8-10 working sets
Leg ext 4x10
Leg curls 4x10
SLDL 4x10
Walking Lunges ~ 1 mile
FOREARMS/ABS

Tuesday - Chest/Bi's
Incline BB presses 2x10 wup...4x10 working sets
Flat db presses 4x10
Flat db flyes 4x10
db pullovers 3x10
bb curls 4x10
alt db curls 4x10
close grip ez bar curl 4x10
CALVES

Wed - off/ABS

Thur - Back
Deads - 2x10 wup...4x10 working sets
Lat Pulldown - 3x10
BB Row 3x10
T Bar Row 3x10
FOREARMS

FRI - Shoulders/Tris
BB Press - 2x10wup...3x10 working sets
bb shrugs 5x10
bent over side lat 3x10
arnold press 3x10
closed grip bench 4x10
skull crushers 4x10
tri pressdown 4x10
dips 3xmax
CALVES/ABS

Nutrition:
0430 Shake and Piece of Fruit
0645 6 Eggs and Oatmeal...or G's Pancakes
0945 chicken + rice
1245 Lean beef + sweet potato
1545 cottage cheese with fruit
1800 chicken/beef/fish + rice/potato
2100 Casein Shake

Supps:
0430 STAK
0445 PUMP
0615 Torrent
0645 Pak + 3 unilever
0945 TEST
1245 Flex + 3 unilever
1800 3 unilever

Running Stak/Test for a full 42 day cycle and following it up with MStak.

If anyone sees any holes in this please let me know if I need to change timing...add or subtract to the workout routine, etc. I would rather go into this up front with a solid plan, hence why I am posting this with over 10 days prior to starting.

mick

Carpe Diem P.T
05-20-08, 8:30 am
its all so thorough you cant fail! looks like it will be a great journey bro. im subbed!

squattingtillipuke
05-20-08, 4:06 pm
its all so thorough you cant fail! looks like it will be a great journey bro. im subbed!

Failure...a word that I have never cared for...I hear a lot of people speaking more and more of things that they can't do rather then take their energy and focus on how to complete their task at hand.

Any improvements that you see I'm more than willing to use as I am still learning.

mick

squattingtillipuke
08-11-09, 3:06 pm
Here it is almost 1 year and 3 months from the date of my last post in this journey and I haven't been able to do a damn thing due to different injuries one of which my elbow is still bothering me. Anyhow, it is time to rise out of this fucking hole that I've dug into and get back into the fight. I'm nowhere near ready for the supps that I have listed, although they are still sitting next to my weights laughing at me, and will not do anything but the basics (pak, flex, pump and torrent) until I get a good 3-4 months back into the game. I am going to truncate my workouts for a short period of time to get some muscle memory back and then explode back to where I was headed. My mind has never been the issue it has been the body, my back got messed up and my elbow was so painful that I couldn't squeeze a fucking tube of toothpaste without grimacing...the bullshit is over...I am going to persevere through the pain and punish some steel. This fucking journey reopens 08/17/2009!!!

mick

Necromatrix
08-11-09, 3:51 pm
Good luck on your return to the "iron maiden". It sounds like your head is in the right place. That is the main element, with it, you can do anything.

squattingtillipuke
08-13-09, 8:22 am
swam 300 laps (about 2 miles) in the pool last night just to see how my elbow would hold up prior to the weights and it is definately sore today. Just gonna keep pushing it.

C.Coronato
08-13-09, 9:51 am
Welcome back brother. You have the head for success, i look forward to your journey my man.

ghost
08-13-09, 10:51 am
mick... im subbed, and you know if you need another place to train the dungeon is always open!

squattingtillipuke
08-14-09, 8:07 am
mick... im subbed, and you know if you need another place to train the dungeon is always open!

Thanks to you and TTL for the words and the invite...BTW, if you guys ever hit SW Michigan let me know I gotcha covered for a workout spot.

last night just did pushups and situps. it is amazing what a good elbow sleeve can do for a person. Kept my elbow a little tighter and had a little less pain in it than normal.

squattingtillipuke
08-17-09, 11:59 am
Quick but good workout this am. Lasted just a shade over 35 minutes.

Db bench - 1 warmup set then 3 @ 10 reps
lat pulldown same as above
squats 2 w-up sets then 3 x 10.
Db curls 3 x 10
cable pressdown 3 x 10
calf raises under bar 3 x 25

not a lot of work but went full 3 seconds on negative and then pushed hard on rest of rep. Elbow didn't bother me except for db curls. Feels ok but have some tenderness in it. Will do this for a couple days and then go back to a 3 or 4 day split next week.

squattingtillipuke
08-19-09, 8:24 pm
Same as Monday - weights were a little heavier but again focused on the contraction and the negative.

Db bench - 1 warmup set then 3 @ 10 reps
lat pulldown same as above
squats 2 w-up sets then 3 x 10.
Db curls 3 x 10
cable pressdown 3 x 10
calf raises under bar 3 x 25

Felt great to hear Mudvayne - Determined screaming through my IPOD...Squats felt great today. Some tightness from Monday but not too bad.

The other thing that I have noticed is that since I have been off of protein powder for a while...man am I having some nasty gas as I get used to it again.

Third day of a really clean diet had some cravings today but controlled it pretty good with some cottage cheese and cut up a fresh peach in it...just to add some taste to it.

mick

squattingtillipuke
08-25-09, 6:28 am
Friday - same as Moonday and Wednesday as far as exercises...just pushing through a little heavier weights.

Today - cut wood for 8 hours on Sunday so moved Monday's wo to today. Feel real good with the weights. Kept same wo as last week...finish up this week then on to a normal split.

Diet is staying very much in check which suprised me as we had a family party this weekend and they have as many deserts there as they do regular food but I kept away from the temptation.

mick

squattingtillipuke
08-27-09, 12:40 pm
At it again today

5 minute warmup - jumping jacks, etc

Db Bench Presses - getting back up there...last set was 80's today so the power is coming back slowly but surely.
Lat Pulldowns - worked it nice a slow and felt both the contraction and the negative on it. Not real heavy but felt the burn.
Squats - Not quite where I want to be with weights but working slowly on the negative and exploding up.
Db curls - still can't go too heavy here...the right elbow just doesn't want to cooperate with me so i will stay low and squeeze the shit out of the muscle with each rep.
Tri pushdown - 2 light weight reps and one heavy one that I really struggeled with at the end keeping it just my tris working.

Breakfast was some of G's pancakes with some low sugar strawberry jelly on em...MMMMMM

squattingtillipuke
08-31-09, 12:56 pm
Saturday's Work Out was basicall the last repeat of my beginning training.

Monday - damn was it cold in the Barn this morning...45 degrees at 4:45 am

20 minute warm up

Went with a different approach (for me) to keep a quick tempo and keep warm

Db Bench press 3x10 with Alt Db curls 3x10 in between sets
Db Inc Bench 2x10 1x8 with EZ Bar curls 3x10
Db flyes 3x25 Hammer Curls 2x10 1x8

Quick but effective morning, sweat my ass off in the cold...Hit some torrent after the workout then some eggs, sausage and Oatmeal about an hour after that. Elbow held up pretty good, the hammer curls caused a little more discomfort than I thought it would, but at this point I'm not gonna worry about it just keep hammering through it strecth and pound it again.

squattingtillipuke
09-01-09, 2:58 pm
Hit the wheels this morning...woke up a little late so I had an abreviated work out.

Squats
wup - 2x12, working sets 4x8

SLDL - 4x10

Calf Raises - 3x25

One thing that I have noticed is that working out at home and being 6'3" the leg extension/curl machine that came with the gym equipment that I bought is too short...any suggestions for leg day other than the above and lunges that would be a good addition please let me know.

ghost
09-01-09, 3:04 pm
Hit the wheels this morning...woke up a little late so I had an abreviated work out.

Squats
wup - 2x12, working sets 4x8

SLDL - 4x10

Calf Raises - 3x25

One thing that I have noticed is that working out at home and being 6'3" the leg extension/curl machine that came with the gym equipment that I bought is too short...any suggestions for leg day other than the above and lunges that would be a good addition please let me know.

switch lunges, jump squats, low box squats, sldl, GMs, just a few ideas for wheels.
how is everything going?

squattingtillipuke
09-02-09, 1:02 pm
switch lunges, jump squats, low box squats, sldl, GMs, just a few ideas for wheels.
how is everything going?

Thanks - things are going well. It is amazing how quickly the body turns it back on when you get back into this game. This is only the 3rd week back into it and my pants are a little looser, definately getting the desire to eat all the time back and little by little the muscle bodies are sticking back out. I am going to do my best to make it out that way sometime this fall. A lot depends on my sons football schedule and if he makes the all star/travel team again. Hope things are well in Dtown...

mick

squattingtillipuke
09-03-09, 8:13 am
Hit Back and Tris this morning

Deads - 3x10
Tri pushdown 3x10 - Lat Pull down 3x10
Closed grip Bench 3x12 - db rows 3x10
Skull crushers 3x15 - bb rows 3x10

Went light on the skulls to make sure the elbow would take it but the rest of the exercises I was at a weight that I was reaching failure at reps 9 & 10...can really feel the back right now and it has been 2 hours since the workout.

Elbow holding up ok, have some pain late in the day but I am working through it.

krazyassmexican
09-04-09, 6:18 pm
Hit Back and Tris this morning

Deads - 3x10
Tri pushdown 3x10 - Lat Pull down 3x10
Closed grip Bench 3x12 - db rows 3x10
Skull crushers 3x15 - bb rows 3x10

Went light on the skulls to make sure the elbow would take it but the rest of the exercises I was at a weight that I was reaching failure at reps 9 & 10...can really feel the back right now and it has been 2 hours since the workout.

Elbow holding up ok, have some pain late in the day but I am working through it.

nice work i suggest start loggin the ammounts of weights you use to keep track on progress bro, nice journey name as well

squattingtillipuke
09-08-09, 8:40 am
Friday Shoulders

Shrugs 3x10
lat raises 4x8
shoulder presses 3x10

all I had time for as I took my two daughters and son fishing for some gills and bass. Kids did a great job...dad did a lot of fish removing and worm hooking.

squattingtillipuke
09-08-09, 8:41 am
9/7/09

Chest and Bi's

Incline Db Press 1x12 wup, 3x10
alt db curl 1x12 wup, 3x10
flat db press 3x8
ez bar curls - 3x10
db flyes 3x8
hammer curls 3x8

Tried something different that I read from Eric Boser on curls and that was to have my knuckles "trail" down during the curls as it would keep the forearms out of the exercise longer. Man did it hit the spot...BI's were fried at the end.

Also read another article by Boser on how to get into the proper form to get maximum results/pump for your chest. I tried it today felt a little akward but definately felt it more in the chest (the day after).

swam for 45 minutes afterwards.

squattingtillipuke
09-08-09, 8:49 am
09/08/09 Hitting Wheels today

Single leg leg-extensions 4x10 (fixed the leg extension machine...a pin was stuck that is why I couldn't use it in the past...guess I needed to pay more attention)
Squats 3x8
SLDL 3x10
Walking Lunges 2x25
Calf Raises 2x25
Seated calf raises w/ ez bar - 2x20 (not comfortable at all didn't get much from this)

First time I had the apple/cherry mixture of Torrent this morning...not bad.

squattingtillipuke
09-08-09, 8:50 am
nice work i suggest start loggin the ammounts of weights you use to keep track on progress bro, nice journey name as well

Krazy - thanks for the words bro...i do keep my weights on my personal log that I have ran throughout the years in notebooks. My shit aint' pretty right now so i'm trying to get back to respectibility and then I will start posting them.

ghost
09-08-09, 9:19 am
Krazy - thanks for the words bro...i do keep my weights on my personal log that I have ran throughout the years in notebooks. My shit aint' pretty right now so i'm trying to get back to respectibility and then I will start posting them.

numbers are numbers brother. who gives a shit if you are just moving the bar, you are doing more than most people that just sit around on their asses. Keep at it brother, You know you are more than welcome down my way anytime.

Durrikan
09-08-09, 9:53 am
nice workout bro, and numbers aren't something to worry about really...I post mine and
they are low as shit...but I do it as an online log of sorts...keep it going bro and you'll get
to were you want to go

krazyassmexican
09-08-09, 11:25 am
numbers are numbers brother. who gives a shit if you are just moving the bar, you are doing more than most people that just sit around on their asses. Keep at it brother, You know you are more than welcome down my way anytime.

in a long while i have to agree with you lol, i personally never logged on notebooks but i think i am gonna start doing that, a shitty ass journal i saw at my gym was like 2 dollars, fair enough :)

squattingtillipuke
09-09-09, 10:25 am
Day off on hump day...wheels are definately tight today and it feels great. Damn it is amazing how hungry I've been the last couple days. Getting some good clean calories in me to help the growth. For all the notes above thanks for the feedback. CAM - I've found the best journal is just a big ass notebook you would use in school. More room to write whatever you want into it. I like to add little notes the day after like if I move the angle of the incline I'll jott down if I felt it in a different place or was I sorer than usual, etc. I also put my diet right below it so I can see my caloric intake.

squattingtillipuke
09-10-09, 8:15 pm
Back/Tri Day - I found out quickly that I need to move Legs to Monday to get an extra day between back and legs. Remember when looking at this that I am coming off a back injury so I am taking it light and making each rep count with both feeling the negative and the squeeze at the top.

Deads 3x10 (135,135,185), 1x8 (205)
Incline Skull Crushers 3x12 (25,45,65), 1x10(65) (never have done inclines b4, Felt it a lot)
Underhand Grip Pulldowns 3x10 (90,100,110)
tricep pushdowns 3x10 (50, 60, 60)
BB Bent over rows 3x10x95
ovhd db tri extension 3x10 (20,25,25).didn't feel this for shit going back to close grip bench
T bar rows 3x10 (75)

Pak, Flex and Pump...Torrent after. It was nice to work out at night, 80 degrees out and the nice humid Michigan air kept me nice a loose, better than the 50 degree mornings I'm used to.

mick

squattingtillipuke
09-12-09, 11:02 am
Friday - Shoulders

Seated Side Lats - 10x10# 10x15# 10x20# 20x10#
BB Upright Row - 10x45#, 10x55#, 10x65#, 20x45#
Seated Db press - 10x25#, 10x35, 10x40
BB shrugs - 15x135, 10x185, 25x135

I walked out of this one knowing that I need to loosen up the shoulders much better next time. Felt kinda shitty through the whole thing but am definately feeling it this morning. Watched a little 300 last night and was ready to hit the weights again last night around 11 pm LOL.

Sticking with the basics, pak, pump, flex, and Torrent. Next week adding in EAA Nitro and Uni lever back to the mix.

mick

squattingtillipuke
09-14-09, 8:55 am
Monday 0445am

Pump - 20 minute warmup
Single Leg extensions - 10x20, 10x30, 10x40, 10x50
Squat 8x135, 8x185, 8x205
SLDL 10x135, 10x185, 10x205
Calf Raises - 12x135, 20x135, 25x135...really slow with big squeeze and hold at top for 5 secs...on #25 I almost feel over!

woke up a little late so I had to cut it short, no lunges this am.

had a rough sunday, not feeling the best and it carried over to this mornings work out.

Durrikan
09-14-09, 7:55 pm
short on time or not it was still a good workout bro

squattingtillipuke
09-15-09, 8:16 am
Tuesday - Chest and Bis

0430 - Pump, 10 min warmup

Db Inc Press - 10x25(wup) 10x55, 10x60, 8x65
alt db curl - 10x10(wup) 10x20, 10x25, 10x30
Db Flat bench Press - 10x60 5x65 7x65
ez bar curl - 10x30, 10x50, 8x60
db pullover - 3x10x50 (haven't done these in a while, went light and focused on the movement)
hammer curls - 10x20, 10x25, 10x30

0545 - Green Apple Torrent

nice quick effective workout. really feeling the contractions on the chest since reading the Eric Bozer article...elbow still has the twinge in it but it is bearable so I just keep pushing through it.

squattingtillipuke
09-15-09, 8:17 am
short on time or not it was still a good workout bro

Thanks, appreciate the words. Trying to do everything in the am in order to not mess with the time I get with my kids and wife.

Durrikan
09-15-09, 10:59 am
solid chest and bi workout...yeah I workout late at night after kids go to bed..spend
time with wife before and after workouts

krazyassmexican
09-15-09, 11:36 am
Tuesday - Chest and Bis

0430 - Pump, 10 min warmup

Db Inc Press - 10x25(wup) 10x55, 10x60, 8x65
alt db curl - 10x10(wup) 10x20, 10x25, 10x30
Db Flat bench Press - 10x60 5x65 7x65
ez bar curl - 10x30, 10x50, 8x60
db pullover - 3x10x50 (haven't done these in a while, went light and focused on the movement)
hammer curls - 10x20, 10x25, 10x30

0545 - Green Apple Torrent

nice quick effective workout. really feeling the contractions on the chest since reading the Eric Bozer article...elbow still has the twinge in it but it is bearable so I just keep pushing through it.

good work bro and great numbers, doesnt green apple torrent tastes amazing?

squattingtillipuke
09-15-09, 12:44 pm
solid chest and bi workout...yeah I workout late at night after kids go to bed..spend
time with wife before and after workouts

Wife doesn't understand this but doesn't worry about it...she knows that she isn't welcomed in the barn when I'm working out unless she wants to be there right along side me.

squattingtillipuke
09-15-09, 12:46 pm
good work bro and great numbers, doesnt green apple torrent tastes amazing?

Thanks KAM...This flavor or torrent is great...I actually have adapted how I take it to start sipping on it towards the end of my last couple of sets and then slam the rest right after the last weight falls...The one difference from the original flavor is that this had absolutely no timetable to get used to the taste...it was just pure heaven right out of the box.

squattingtillipuke
09-16-09, 8:11 am
Wednesday is the offday from the iron...but got up this morning and decided to go for a jog...turned into a 4 mile run.

OK, last night I officially swore off of ever eating another protein bar...don't know what it is but if I eat one of those at work as a last resort snack before a meeting by 7pm I am letting off nuclear gas. Almost made my wife puke last night!!! Ok was proud of that one, but not the whole night.

ghost
09-16-09, 8:21 am
ahahahahahaah, thats awesome.

squattingtillipuke
09-17-09, 8:20 am
9/17 Back and Tris

Deads - 10*135, 10*185, 225*8, 275*1
close grip bench - 10*95, 115, 135
underhand lat pulldown - 10*100, 10*120, 7*140
incline skull crusher - 10*65, 10*65, 10*75
bb bent over rows - 10*95, 115, 135 (back can do more, elbow just doesnt like movement)
triceps push down - 3x10x60

Nice little workout...THANK GOD FOR PUMP as I was one tired guy this am...after my warmup, the stims kicked in and it was on. Iron was cold this morning, 45 degrees outside, but the stinging on the hands feels good in a crazy sorta way.

ghost
09-17-09, 8:46 am
9/17 Back and Tris

bb bent over rows - 10*95, 115, 135 (back can do more, elbow just doesnt like movement)

Nice little workout...THANK GOD FOR PUMP as I was one tired guy this am...after my warmup, the stims kicked in and it was on. Iron was cold this morning, 45 degrees outside, but the stinging on the hands feels good in a crazy sorta way.

great job! yeah, i hate this fucking weather.

krazyassmexican
09-17-09, 11:03 am
Thanks KAM...This flavor or torrent is great...I actually have adapted how I take it to start sipping on it towards the end of my last couple of sets and then slam the rest right after the last weight falls...The one difference from the original flavor is that this had absolutely no timetable to get used to the taste...it was just pure heaven right out of the box.

i used to mix both flavors it was the shit, i gave like 5lbs of green apple torrent to a friend of mine when i stopped working out

9/17 Back and Tris

nice work bro

squattingtillipuke
09-17-09, 1:58 pm
Thanks for comments guys.

I amreally stoking the fire lately. Ate chicken & rice 45 minutes ago and I am starving already. The only time I really seem full is when I have some pasta in my meal. I already have 2,800 calories in me today and I am still hungry...grow dammit grow!!

squattingtillipuke
09-21-09, 10:49 am
Attacked the wheels this am.

Single leg extensions 10*20, 30, 40, 50
squats 8*135, 185, 225, 20*135
sldl 10*135, 185, 8*225
calf raises 25 * 135, 135 20*135

squattingtillipuke
09-22-09, 9:50 am
Chest and bis

Incline Db press 10x35, 10x55, 10x60, 6x65
alt db curls 10x20, 10x25, 10x30, 8x35
flat bench db press 8x65, 4x70, 5x70
ez bar curl 10x40, 10x50, 10x60
db pullover 10x50x3
hammer curl 10x20, 10x25, 10x30

had a little extra cardio afterwards...walking from the barn to the house drinking my Torrent and heard something in the woods along the barn (I was 100yds away from house)...two coyotes walked out of the woods...lets just say that this white boy prolly came pretty close to setting a world record in the 100 yard dash. They came up by the house but not sure how close they ever got. Luckily I was taking my last drink as I took off! Cuz I might have stayed out there and laid the smack down if I had spilled it!!! Or not.

krazyassmexican
09-23-09, 10:40 am
Attacked the wheels this am.

Single leg extensions 10*20, 30, 40, 50
squats 8*135, 185, 225, 20*135
sldl 10*135, 185, 8*225
calf raises 25 * 135, 135 20*135
cool stuff brah

Chest and bis

db pullover 10x50x3

had a little extra cardio afterwards...walking from the barn to the house drinking my Torrent and heard something in the woods along the barn (I was 100yds away from house)...two coyotes walked out of the woods...lets just say that this white boy prolly came pretty close to setting a world record in the 100 yard dash. They came up by the house but not sure how close they ever got. Luckily I was taking my last drink as I took off! Cuz I might have stayed out there and laid the smack down if I had spilled it!!! Or not.

next time you have to scream, "i have a slingshot and not afraid to use it" lol

ghost
09-23-09, 10:48 am
Chest and bis

db pullover 10x50x3

that is why i carry. haha.

great workout

squattingtillipuke
09-24-09, 8:25 am
that is why i carry. haha.

great workout

taking my 9mm out with me from now on!!!

ghost
09-24-09, 8:29 am
taking my 9mm out with me from now on!!!

hell yeah man

squattingtillipuke
09-24-09, 8:30 am
ok, first thing first...Love Wednesdays, it's officially my off day but I use it as a carb loading day. I take in an extra cup of oatmeal in the am, and then hit the whole wheat past hard the rest of the day...wake up Thursday and damn I feel my muscles full as hell.

On to Thursday - BACK and Tris

Deads 135x10 185x10 225x10 315x1
Close Grip BP 95x10 135x10 135x10
Under Hand Pull downs 100x10 120x10 140x9
Skull Crushers 65x10 75x10 75x9
Bent over rows 95x10 115x10 115x10 (gonna have to change this to something else, elbow just doesn't like this movement.
Tricep Pushdown 60x10x3

very happy with the Deads - I am startting to get back a lot of the strength that I had but still can't do some of the higher weights because of my elbow...I'll get there just gonna take a little longer than I wanted.

mick

ghost
09-24-09, 8:32 am
awesome job on deads brother. they will come back

squattingtillipuke
09-24-09, 4:23 pm
awesome job on deads brother. they will come back

Thanks for the words...Its gonna be a non-stop beat down on my body until I get it back where it belongs!

squattingtillipuke
09-25-09, 8:31 am
Quick Shoulder day, nothing heavy but never took a break just went set after set due to time constraints

seated lat raises 10#x10, 15#x10, 20#x10
bb upright row 45x10, 65x10 75x10
db shoulder press 30x10 35x10 40x10
shrug 135x20 185x10 185x10

mick

squattingtillipuke
10-05-09, 7:55 am
Getting Back at it today...had a rough Mon/Tues last week losing one of my best friends, just couldn't get the focus. Woke up Wednesday ready to move some iron and wham hit with a cold from hell...couldn't breathe, coughing up shit out of my lungs every 30 seconds...mmmm

So anyway, as it has gotten colder here in Michigan, decided to get a 6 month membership at Anytime fitness right by my work so I could do my workouts on my lunch hour. Legs are today and I'm looking forward to this one.

squattingtillipuke
10-06-09, 7:50 am
Monday - Leg Day

Not a lot of energy today, I guess the cold took a lot more out of me than I thought.

Quick Warmup
Single Leg Extensions 10x25, 10x45, 10x70
Squats 8x135 8x185 6x225 4x225
Leg Curls 10x100 10x130 10x160 (need to start and end much higher)
Seated Calf Raises 90x20 135x15 135x14

Did this is 40 minutes, not a lot of rest in between sets.

mick

squattingtillipuke
10-06-09, 7:17 pm
Tuesday Chest and Bi's...still felt that I lacked the normal energy today

Incline Db Press - 10x35 10x50 8x60 2x70
Alt Db Curls - 10x20 10x35 10x35 7x40
Flat Bench Db Press - 10x60 5x65 4x65
Straight Bar Curls - 10x50 10x60 8x60
Pec Deck - 10x100 10x115 10x130 (didn't really feel this one, might not do again)
hammer curls - 10x20 7x25 6x25

40 minutes and sweating like hell when I was done. bi's were really pumped all afternoon.

squattingtillipuke
10-08-09, 1:03 pm
Back - Tri's

OK, All the talk about the multi state ABC must've got a little extra juice going today because I felt great in the gym.

Warmup
DEADS 10x135, 10x185, 10x225, 3x315
Closed Grip BP 10x95 10x135 8x155 5x175
Wide Grip Pulldowns 10x105 10x135 10x155
Skull Crushers 10x65 10x75 10x75
1 arm db row 8x40 8x45 8x45
Tricep Pushdown 10x60 10x70 10x90

Tri's are full right now and my back is feeling really nice!!! Legs were still a little sore from Monday so I think that I might have had another rep or two in me at 315.

mick

squattingtillipuke
10-12-09, 1:01 pm
10/12...LEG DAY

quick warmup
Single Leg Extension - 12x45, 10x70, 10x85
Squats - 8x135, 8x185, 7x225 (couldn't get comfortable under the bar today????)
Leg Curls 12x130, 10x160, 10x190 (Stack...hmmm now what to do?)
Angled Leg Press (Calf Raise Superset) 10(15)x2pies, 10(15)x3 pies, 10(15)x4pies
Seated calf raise - 15x3 pies, 9x4 pies, 12x3 pies

Limped over to my torrent...mmmmm

squattingtillipuke
10-15-09, 8:09 am
Forogt to put this in

10/13 Chest & BI's

Incline DB 10x40 10x55 5x65 3x70
Alt Db Curls 10x20 8x35 8x40 8x45
Flat DB press 8x60 8x65 5x70
Straight Bar Curl 8x60 8x70 8x70
Machine Press 10x130 10x145 10x160
Hammer Curls 10x25 8x30 8x30

in and out in 40 minutes had a great pump.

ghost
10-15-09, 8:13 am
Mick, kicking some major ass brother, keep it up!

squattingtillipuke
10-15-09, 1:03 pm
Mick, kicking some major ass brother, keep it up!

Thanks Rob appreciate the words

squattingtillipuke
10-15-09, 1:06 pm
10/15 Back and Tri's

Warmup
Deads 10x135 10x225 5x315 1x315
Closed Grip Bench 10x95 10x135 8x155 6x175
wide grip Pulldowns 10x150 8x165 8x180
Skull Crushers 8x75 8x75 12x75
TBAR Rows 8x90x3...couldn't get comfortable on this machine...go back to bb or db rows
Tricep Pushdown 15x80 15x90 10x120

Really starting to like the progress on the Dead Lifts that I am seeing...in 3 weeks have gone from 1x315 to 5x and might have been able to eke out 1 more rep but was losing my grip so I didn't try it.

squattingtillipuke
10-16-09, 12:50 pm
Shoulders

Warmup - need to warmup the rotator cuffs a little better next week!!!

Side lats - 15x10 10x15 10x20
BB Press - 10x95 8x115 8x115
Rev Pec Deck - 10x85 10x100 9x115
Cross Body Cable Lats - 10x20 10x20 8x20
BB Shrugs 12x185 10x225 10x225

squattingtillipuke
10-19-09, 1:09 pm
10/19 Good Ole Leg Day

Warmup
Single Leg Extensions 10x55 10x85 10x100
Squats 12x135 8x185 8x225
Single Leg seated Curls 10x100 10x115 8x115
SupSet Leg Press (Leg Press Calf Raise) 10(25)x3pies 10(20)x4 pies 6(15)x4pies
Seated calf Raise 15x3 pies 15x3 12x3

squattingtillipuke
10-20-09, 1:09 pm
10/20 Chest/Bi's

Thought I'd switch it up a little on chest but couldn't get the shoulders loosened up today so my bench looks like absolute crap. spent 10 minutes on my shoulders and they are acting like they were before surgery...anyhow here it is:

Flat bench press 20x45 10x135 6x185 5x185
db alt curls 10x20 10x40 8x45 6x45
flat db flyes 10x20 10x30 10x40
preacher curls 10x40 10x60 10x60
chest press 10x145 10x160 10x175
hammer curls 10x30 7x35 6x35

squattingtillipuke
10-22-09, 1:42 pm
10/22 back and tris

Ok here we go...

Deads 10x135, 8x225 6x315 3x315
closed grip bp 10x95 10x135 10x155 6x175
wide grip pulldowns 10x165 8x180 6x180
skull crushers 10x75 7x85 8x85
Straight arm pulldowns 8x50 6x60 7x75
Tricep Rope pushdowns 8x90 8x90 10x90

C.Coronato
10-22-09, 1:54 pm
I like your volume and simplicity. Keep it up.

squattingtillipuke
10-22-09, 2:56 pm
I like your volume and simplicity. Keep it up.

Thanks TTL...just going in and trying to push more shit around than I did the workout before.

ghost
10-22-09, 2:57 pm
well Mick you are doing a damn good job at that!

squattingtillipuke
10-23-09, 7:39 am
well Mick you are doing a damn good job at that!

I'm trying Rob...back is really letting me know I did good yesterday!!! I want to get to a set of 10 with 315 and then I will start increasing the weight again. Hopefully hit that 10 next week...

Firedrake
10-26-09, 8:00 pm
10/22 back and tris

Ok here we go...

Deads 10x135, 8x225 6x315 3x315
closed grip bp 10x95 10x135 10x155 6x175
wide grip pulldowns 10x165 8x180 6x180
skull crushers 10x75 7x85 8x85
Straight arm pulldowns 8x50 6x60 7x75
Tricep Rope pushdowns 8x90 8x90 10x90

I've seen your posts on others' Journeys -- I hope you don't mind if I drop in . . .

Nice work! I don't see tris and back together that often.

squattingtillipuke
10-27-09, 7:48 am
I've seen your posts on others' Journeys -- I hope you don't mind if I drop in . . .

Nice work! I don't see tris and back together that often.

Everyone is welcome Firedrake. Thanks for stopping in.

I like to work opposites. I think that I can dedicate more to my tris on back day and bis on chest day than if I have them the traditional way of bis/back tris/chest. It has worked pretty well for me. Also, because of my schedule I only have about 50 minutes to workout during my lunch so I will do a back exercise then tri with no rest in between...this allows me to get my workout done in my time constraints. I usually take Wednesdays off for rest but am considering working out 5 days a week and having an arm day in there.

squattingtillipuke
10-27-09, 7:51 am
catch up on posting workouts

10/23/09 Shoulders

Smith Machine Press 10x65 8x115 6x125 5x125
Side laterals 10x15 8x20 8x20
rev pec deck 10x100 10x115 7x130
cable cross body laterals 10x20 10x20 10x20
BB Shrugs 10x225 10x275 10x275

squattingtillipuke
10-27-09, 7:53 am
10/27 Leg Day

Changed it up a little today

Single Leg extension 10x55 10x110 10x115
Single Leg Curls 10x100 10x115 10x115
Hack Squats 10x1pie per side, 10x2pies, 8x3pies...slow decline for a count of 5 on neg
Stiff Leg Deads 10x135 8x185 8x185...nice and slow both positive and negative
seated calf raises 25x2pies 25x3pies 20x3pies+25lbs

ghost
10-27-09, 8:13 am
always good to change shit up on leg day.! great job.

squattingtillipuke
10-29-09, 7:46 am
Tuesday 10/27/09 Chest and Bi's

Incline DB 10x40 10x55 10x65 5x70
Alt db Curls 10x30 10x40 6x45 5x45
Flat db press 8x65 7x65 5x70
Preacher Curls 3x10x75
db flyes 10x30 10x35 8x45
hammer curls 10x30 6x35 (10x30, 8x25, 8x20 short rack run)

hard to wash my hair...bi's had a pretty good pump going.

BubbyLight
10-29-09, 8:15 am
nice workout! i like how you do both muscles at once not split them up. how is that working for ya

squattingtillipuke
10-29-09, 9:48 am
nice workout! i like how you do both muscles at once not split them up. how is that working for ya

Thanks...it's working really good for me right now. I am getting stronger with each workout and seeing the results in the mirror. I will probably go to a 5 day split around the first of the year to change things up and give arms their own day. I work out during my lunch hour so my time is constrained which makes me bust ass! Not a lot of rest, so I think that if I break it out to a 5 day split I should have a little more in the tank to push heavier weights.

squattingtillipuke
10-30-09, 7:44 am
Don't know what it is but every week I see what I did before and I won't quit until I get more...grip was slipping, back was tiring but I still pulled.

10/29 Back and Tri's

Deads 10x135 10x225 7x315 5x315 (so I added another rep on 1st and 2 onto the 2nd!)
Closed Grip BP 10x95 10x135 10x155 7x175
Wide Pulldowns 10x165 8x180 8x180
Skull Crushers 10x75 10x85 6x90
Low Cable Pull 10x105 10x120 10x135
Tri push down 12x80 12x100 10x100

Back was tired and pumped...arms were jacked. Already looking forward to next Thursday...fuck 315, stepping it up to 365 next week!

squattingtillipuke
11-01-09, 6:36 pm
Friday 10/30 Shoulders...35 minutes

Smith Machine Shoulder Press 10x65 10x115 9x135 3x155
Side Laterals 10x15 10x20 drop set 5x25 5x20 5x15 5x10
Rev Pec Decl 10x100 10x115 8x130
Cable Side Lats 3x10x20
BB Shrugs 10x225 10x275 8x315 5x365

Shoulders were burning all night.

squattingtillipuke
11-03-09, 7:46 am
Monday 11/02 WHEELS

Had a 100lb guy sitting in the squat rack doing bb curls for my entire workout...hmmm had to do hacks again today.

Single Leg Ext 10x55, 10x115 10x130
Seated Single Leg Curls 10x55 10x115 10x130
hack Squats 10x4pies 10x6 pies 1x8pies...9x6pies
SLDL 10x135 10x185 8x205
Seated calfs 25x2pies+25, 25x3pies 25x3+25lbs

Done...had a couple words with the 100lb guy and explained to him gym etiquette...next time he either does it the right way or I remove him from the squat rack! Showered, got an apology from the guy and went on my merry way!!!

ghost
11-03-09, 9:43 am
Monday 11/02 WHEELS

Had a 100lb guy sitting in the squat rack doing bb curls for my entire workout...hmmm had to do hacks again today.

Single Leg Ext 10x55, 10x115 10x130
Seated Single Leg Curls 10x55 10x115 10x130
hack Squats 10x4pies 10x6 pies 1x8pies...9x6pies
SLDL 10x135 10x185 8x205
Seated calfs 25x2pies+25, 25x3pies 25x3+25lbs

Done...had a couple words with the 100lb guy and explained to him gym etiquette...next time he either does it the right way or I remove him from the squat rack! Showered, got an apology from the guy and went on my merry way!!!

next time just pick him up and throw him across the room.

squattingtillipuke
11-03-09, 12:25 pm
next time just pick him up and throw him across the room.

Trust me it crossed my mind...Been reading Hoomgar's write up on Test/Stak combo and I think if it would have been Jan-Feb timeframe when I'm gonna run that stack I woulda probably thrown him through the wall.

squattingtillipuke
11-04-09, 7:53 am
11/03 Chest day

Month End Closing at work caused me to work out at 6:30pm instead of the noon hour...but hey I got it in.

Incline Db Press 10x40 10x55 10x65 7x70
Alt Db Curls 10x25 10x40 6x45 (6x45 5x30 DS)
Flat Db press 10x60 7x65 5x70
Preacher Curls 10x75 8x85 7x85
Db Flyes 10x35 10x40 8x45
Hammer curls 10x25 7x35 (8x30, 6x25 6x20 DS)

squattingtillipuke
11-05-09, 8:11 am
8/17 is when I started this journey I'm on now...223 lbs about 20-25% bf

Jumped on the scales this morning 11/05 less than three months later to a scale that said 229.5. Pants are a lot looser and shirts are slowly getting tighter. To say that I didn't want to yell and wake up the whole damn house is an understatement.

I've been down this road before only to have the injuries destroy the progress that I was making. Not this time. I've got 11 lbs to hit 240 which is where I want to be at the end of 2010 but be dialed down to about 15% bf without doing any major cutting. Food is the easy part for me right now as my body has turned into an oven. I can't seem to get enough, G Diesel pancakes @ 6:00 am by 7 am my body is ready for some more! The nice thing is that having this goal in my head is forcing me to take the steps that I know I need to succeed!!!

ghost
11-05-09, 8:16 am
thats fucking awesome Mick. Proud of ya brother. keep at it!

squattingtillipuke
11-05-09, 12:22 pm
thats fucking awesome Mick. Proud of ya brother. keep at it!

appreciate the words Rob.

squattingtillipuke
11-09-09, 3:18 pm
LEGS

Sqauts 8x95 8x135 8x185 6x225...For some reason I am not staying balanced under the bar.
Leg press 8x8plates 8x10plates 8x10 plates
Seated Calf Raises 35x3plates 20x4plates 10x5plates
Single Leg Extensions 8x115 8x130 8x145
Single Leg Curls 8x100 8x115 8x130

Done...legs are toast. Real difference by pushing the extenstions and curls to the end. Did the 95lb squats as just a warmup since I normally do curls/extensions first to loosen up knees. Contractions/Hold was painful at the end of them.

squattingtillipuke
11-12-09, 1:01 pm
Decided to switch it up today and leave tris out of my workout...just wanted to completely destroy my back. Feel really good right now.

Deads 10x135 10x225 8x315(pr) 1x365(pr) 1x365 (405...nah that's for next saturday!!!)
Close Grip Pulldowns 10x135 10x150 6x165 6x180
Low Pull 10x120 10x150 10x180
Tbar rows 8x2pies 8x3 6x4

will admit that I let out a "grunt" on the second 365. Not sure how loud it was but everyone that didn't have an ipod on did turn and look at me...fukem I'm happy

ghost
11-12-09, 1:17 pm
pretty damn solid deads there. next weekend ill work with you on deads and assistance work if you want man

Firedrake
11-12-09, 1:33 pm
will admit that I let out a "grunt" on the second 365. Not sure how loud it was but everyone that didn't have an ipod on did turn and look at me...fukem I'm happy

Good for you! Great work!

squattingtillipuke
11-12-09, 3:31 pm
pretty damn solid deads there. next weekend ill work with you on deads and assistance work if you want man

Would love to work out with you Rob, so used to working out by myself it will be nice to have someone else to work with. Really getting stoked up...My 12 yo son is begging me to come, I just laughed at him and told him in 4 years little man.

Good for you! Great work!

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Firedrake
11-12-09, 3:41 pm
Hey _I_ started with the weights at 14, under careful supervision . . . you never know what your son is capable of! Congrats on getting him hooked!

squattingtillipuke
11-13-09, 1:28 pm
Hey _I_ started with the weights at 14, under careful supervision . . . you never know what your son is capable of! Congrats on getting him hooked!

Not saying that he isn't allowed under the weights, I just don't think that this is the right forum for him quite yet...his future according to him is football, so I explained to him about dedication, etc. He came to me about lifting and has been doing so for about a year. I haven't let him do anything over 25lbs yet because i want him to focus on controlling the weight and the mind muscle connection...I told him if he isn't feeling the muscle he isn't doing it correctly.

squattingtillipuke
11-13-09, 1:31 pm
11/13/09 CHEST

Incline BB Barx20 135x8 185x4 (205x1 185x2 135x10 barx20 drop set)
Flat BB 135x10 185x6 205x4 225x1 135x15 drop
HS Reg 2pies x10 4 pies x 10 4pies+10's x 5
db flyes 30x10 35x10 40x10 20x20

If I could ever get my shoulder to fully loosen up I think that I have a lot more on bench in me...When I get over 185 I just get this grinding feeling in there...hmmm

Firedrake
11-13-09, 2:00 pm
Not saying that he isn't allowed under the weights, I just don't think that this is the right forum for him quite yet...his future according to him is football, so I explained to him about dedication, etc. He came to me about lifting and has been doing so for about a year. I haven't let him do anything over 25lbs yet because i want him to focus on controlling the weight and the mind muscle connection...I told him if he isn't feeling the muscle he isn't doing it correctly.

. . . all good advice, and well said. Yeah, he's probably a little young to be posting here on the Forum . . .

Firedrake
11-13-09, 2:01 pm
11/13/09 CHEST

Incline BB Barx20 135x8 185x4 (205x1 185x2 135x10 barx20 drop set)
Flat BB 135x10 185x6 205x4 225x1 135x15 drop
HS Reg 2pies x10 4 pies x 10 4pies+10's x 5
db flyes 30x10 35x10 40x10 20x20

If I could ever get my shoulder to fully loosen up I think that I have a lot more on bench in me...When I get over 185 I just get this grinding feeling in there...hmmm

I'm with you on the shoulder issues on bench -- I'm back to the chiro this afternoon with mine. What I thought was a strained elbow apparently is actually coming from some strain in the -shoulder- according to him.

Good solid work, anyway!

squattingtillipuke
11-16-09, 4:41 pm
I'm with you on the shoulder issues on bench -- I'm back to the chiro this afternoon with mine. What I thought was a strained elbow apparently is actually coming from some strain in the -shoulder- according to him.

Good solid work, anyway!

Mine is surgery on the left one and I tore my rotator cuff on my right one in high school but never had surgery on it...hmmm still trying to figure out how I pitched for 5 more years but I did...probably why it hurts so bad now, but hey I was young and indestructable back then.

Firedrake
11-16-09, 7:11 pm
Mine is surgery on the left one and I tore my rotator cuff on my right one in high school but never had surgery on it...hmmm still trying to figure out how I pitched for 5 more years but I did...probably why it hurts so bad now, but hey I was young and indestructable back then.

::chuckle:: weren't we all?

I had surgery on my left shoulder in 2003, and was never happier!

squattingtillipuke
11-19-09, 6:58 pm
Guess with all the excitement for Saturday I forgot to post workouts this week...

Monday - did straight cardio ran for 1 hr. Treadmill to reruns of the Wonder Years and Doogie Howser.

Tuesday - Shoulders
Shoulder Press 10x65 10x115 10x135 3x155
Side Lats 10x20 8x25 5x25
Rev Pec Deck 10x115 10x130 5x145 12x100ds
Cable Side Lat 8x30 8x40 10x20
BB Shrugs 12x225 10x315 6x365 25x225ds

Wed LEgs

Hacks 10x1pps, 10x2pps 10x3pps 5x4pps
SS with SLDL 8x135 8x225 8x225
Leg Ext 10x115 10x130 9x145
SS with Leg Curl 10x115 10x130 8x145
Leg Press 10x3pps 8x4pps
Leg Press Calfs - 25x4pps
(ran out of time had to get back to work for a meeting)

Thur did cardio for an 1hr to reruns of Married With Children...

Firedrake
11-19-09, 11:41 pm
Great looking work! You definitely have no problem with consistency and effort!

squattingtillipuke
11-23-09, 7:55 am
Deads 135x8 225x5 315x3 405x1(pr) 495x0 425x1(new pr)
Rack Pulls don't remember weights but know I got 405x3 and 495 up
Shrugs 315x8 405x5
Behind Back shrugs 135x25
T bar rows 2pies x 10, 3pies x 10, 4pies x8
Low Pully Rows 4sets x 8 (forgot weights)
Close Grip Pulldowns 3 sets x 8 (forgot weights)
1 arm db row 3sets x 8 (just remember I need to increase weight)
alt db curls 3setx x 8
ez bar curl - 1x8x90
hammer curl 2x20x25lbs

Might have missed weights or sets...forgot my journal for this.

Torrent
Steak, taters, salad, green beans and rolls!!!

Great time with new friends and Nick Winters in one big bro.

Phil800101
11-23-09, 2:45 pm
Awesome work on Saturday bro, huge congrats on the PRs! Hope to hit the iron with you again sometime. Consider me subbed for this journey.

Firedrake
11-23-09, 8:18 pm
Damn fine work all the way around!

squattingtillipuke
11-25-09, 10:56 am
Damn fine work all the way around!

Awesome work on Saturday bro, huge congrats on the PRs! Hope to hit the iron with you again sometime. Consider me subbed for this journey.

Thanks guys, definately found a new level that I can takeitto. Guess when you work out alone all the time you might not always make yourself go 110% all the time. Hoping to have Rage on my ass for the next couple of months to take this shit to another level.

Phil800101
11-26-09, 2:52 pm
Happy Thanksgiving bro!

C.Coronato
11-30-09, 9:28 am
The Big session looked good bro! Lots of weights!

squattingtillipuke
11-30-09, 10:57 am
The Big session looked good bro! Lots of weights!

Easy to do with those that were there...Had a blast and man did my back feel it for a couple days!

squattingtillipuke
11-30-09, 11:03 am
7 am workout...body wasn't used to this one, energy level wasn't there...really miss taking something like pump on days like these...will get it back shortly though.

pushups 1x25
Incline BB Bench 12x95 8x135 6(3x185, 3x155) 6x155
Flat Bench db 55x10 60x8 65x6 70x4
Flat db flyes 35x12 40x10 45x8
pushups 1x15

seated calf raises 3pies x 20, 4x15, 4+25x15, 5x12

had to leave after that to get to work...will do abs tonight after work.

Phil800101
11-30-09, 2:24 pm
Solid session Mick! Way to push through and get it done, it is brutal when you're tired my man, been there many a time.

MR.TeachFreak
11-30-09, 2:30 pm
7am workouts? Thats hardcore. I complained enough with a 8:30am workouts and I also had breakfast 2 hours before.

squattingtillipuke
12-01-09, 8:54 am
Solid session Mick! Way to push through and get it done, it is brutal when you're tired my man, been there many a time.

Thanks Phil - it'll take me a week and my body will adjust. I'm used to having a lot more food in me for my lunchtime workouts!!!

7am workouts? Thats hardcore. I complained enough with a 8:30am workouts and I also had breakfast 2 hours before.

Thanks bro, i used to work out at 5 am...gotta do what I gotta do so i don't take time away from the wife and 3 kids. The wife would understand if I worked out after work and came home later than I do, but the kids are only this young one time and made a decision that spending time with them is my top priority.

squattingtillipuke
12-01-09, 5:18 pm
12/01/09 LEGS

10 minutes on Stationary Bike

Squats - 12x135 10x185 8x225 6x245
Leg Press - 3ppsx10 4ppsx8 5ppsx6 5pps+25'sx6
single Leg extension 115x10 130x8 130x8

Pushed this into 30 minutes.

***********6 days until the Test/Stak Stack************* CAN"T WAIT!!!!!

Firedrake
12-01-09, 5:35 pm
Looking solid -- I'm expecting to see those numbers climb sharply on the new stack!

Great work!

squattingtillipuke
12-01-09, 7:36 pm
Looking solid -- I'm expecting to see those numbers climb sharply on the new stack!

Great work!

I expect those numbers to climb with or without it but yes I am definately excited to see what this will add to the equation.

Phil800101
12-02-09, 3:04 pm
Sick wheels session my man! Alot of work in 30 minutes.

squattingtillipuke
12-07-09, 12:16 pm
Getting this thing caught up

12/02/09 Arms
Straight bar Curl 12x50 10x60 8x70x8x80
SS w/ Skull Crushers 12x75 10x85 8x95 7x100
Alt Db Curls 10x40 8x40 8x35 5x40
SS w/ CGBP 11x135 10x135 4x155 8x135
Hammer Curls 10x20 8x25 6x30
SS w/ Cable Pushdowns 12x100 10x120 8x140

comments - ENERGY...arrgh, still not with me.

squattingtillipuke
12-07-09, 12:18 pm
12/3/09 Hams/Back

SLDL 12x135 10x185 8x225 8x275 6x275 (OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUCCCHHHHHHHHH)
Seated leg Curls 12x85 10x100 10x115 8x115
BB bent over rows 12x95 10x135 10x155 4x155
seated cable row 10x105 10x120 8x135 8x150
St Arm pulldown 10x100 10x110 8x120

a little better energy today. starting to wake up a little better now.

squattingtillipuke
12-07-09, 12:20 pm
12/4/09 Shoulders/Traps

BB Shoulder Press 12x65 10x115 9x135 5x135
arnold press 10x30 10x35 8x40
db side lat raise 10x15 10x15 10x15
rev pec deck 10x100 10x115 10x130
bb shrugs 12x225 10x275 10x315 8x315
upright rows (missed)

got to gym a little late but had much better energy during the workout. getting more and more awake for the gym!!

squattingtillipuke
12-07-09, 12:33 pm
12/7/09 TEST/STAK DAY 1 226lbs (somehow lost a couple lbs over weekend)

Chest

25 pushups
Incline Bench 12x95 8x135 6x155 4x175
Flat Bench db press 10x55 8x60 6x65 4x75
flat db flyes 12x40 10x45 8x50
15 pushups

Snow got me in the gym 35 minutes late...grrrr...hate people going 25mph in a 45mph zone.

Will say this, had a great day in the gym as far as energy goes...and as the workout went along I felt the urge to continue destroying my body.

Diet for this stak
0530 8 eggs/1 cup oatmeal or g's pancakes + Test
0700 workout
0800 Torrent
0900 3 scoops real gains + 12-15oz milk + multi
1130 8oz chicken + 10oz sweet tater + stak + unilever
1300 3 scoops real gains + 12-15oz milk + joint supp
1530 8oz chicken + 10 oz sweet tater + unilever
1800 dinner (whatever the wife makes - but will be steak, fish, pasta, etc)

Looking for a good website to look up caloric information if anyone has one that they use.

Phil800101
12-07-09, 3:08 pm
Awesome work in here bro! Glad to see the energy levels increasing. Keep it up my man!

squattingtillipuke
12-08-09, 8:54 am
Quads this am

Bike - 5 mins
Squats 12x135 10x205 8x245 6x265
Leg Press 10x4pps, 8x4+25, 6x5pps 6x5+25
Single Leg Ext 10x115 8x130 8x145

Done...quads are fried in 30 minutes!!! Caught myself cheating a little on squats not going down all the way with 245 but corrected it and finished solid.

Phil800101
12-08-09, 1:54 pm
Sick session Mick! No doubt you're going to be feeling that for the next few days.

squattingtillipuke
12-08-09, 3:29 pm
Sick session Mick! No doubt you're going to be feeling that for the next few days.

Thanks bro. Actually have a twinge in my knee that has been bothering me, stepped in a hole in the woods hunting...so it has been a little painful in of itself...but fuck it, just trying to bust through it!!! Quads are still tired as of now though.

squattingtillipuke
12-09-09, 12:37 pm
12/09 arms

5 min on elyptical

Skulls 12x75 10x75 8x75 8x75...elbow was tender this am, so didn't go too heavy on these as they are part of what caused my original issues
ss straight bar curl 12x50 10x60 8x70 8x90

CGBP 12x135 10x155 8x165 5x175
ss alt db curls 10x35 8x40 8x40 6x45

Cable push downs 12x110 10x120 8x140
ss hammer curls 10x20 8x25 6x30

squattingtillipuke
12-09-09, 12:39 pm
Kinda confused

I am following rage's mass plan that he has for the yellow team and I figure I'm putting about 4,200-4,500 calories a day down along with a gallon + of H20...from Monday morning to Wednesday morning, dropped 3 lbs??? WTF?

Phil800101
12-09-09, 2:45 pm
Nice gun show bro! I like the supersets, they look nice and intense.

Hope the knee is feeling better soon.

Maybe you're flushing out water? I dunno.

squattingtillipuke
12-09-09, 3:35 pm
Nice gun show bro! I like the supersets, they look nice and intense.

Hope the knee is feeling better soon.

Maybe you're flushing out water? I dunno.

I don't have a lot of time to get my workouts in so this is a good way to get them in...arms are swole as hell though when I'm done. Makes shaving and washing an interesting time cuz they just don't want to move.

Knee is gonna take some time. I'll get over it just need to watch how much I push it on leg day for a while. NAH

Not sure on the water...All I know is I'm feel like I have food in my mouth non-stop and I know that there will be fluctuations day-to-day so well see where this leads to.

ghost
12-09-09, 3:37 pm
love the madness. keep at it brother.!

Firedrake
12-09-09, 5:00 pm
12/09 arms

5 min on elyptical

Skulls 12x75 10x75 8x75 8x75...elbow was tender this am, so didn't go too heavy on these as they are part of what caused my original issues
ss straight bar curl 12x50 10x60 8x70 8x90

CGBP 12x135 10x155 8x165 5x175
ss alt db curls 10x35 8x40 8x40 6x45

Cable push downs 12x110 10x120 8x140
ss hammer curls 10x20 8x25 6x30

Great work! Get in, get it done, get out, and good luck washing your hair or shaving! <grin>

Kinda confused

I am following rage's mass plan that he has for the yellow team and I figure I'm putting about 4,200-4,500 calories a day down along with a gallon + of H20...from Monday morning to Wednesday morning, dropped 3 lbs??? WTF?

It happened to me, too, when I first started. I don't know how much water you were used to drinking, but that'll flush some of it off. The other part is that your metabolism is still trying to catch up, and hasn't started laying down muscle yet. I dropped weight for the first three weeks on the program.

squattingtillipuke
12-11-09, 8:48 am
12/10 Hams/Back

Bike 5 mins
SLDL 135x12 10x185 8x225 8x225 6x225 (just seemed heavy today so didn't go up)
Seated leg Curls 12x85 10x100 8x115 8x115
Bent over rows 12x95 10x135 10x155 8x165
seated cable rows 10x120 10x135 8x150 8x150
St arm pulldowns 10x100 10x100 8x100 (kept it light to focus on the squeeze and keep tris out of it)

30 mins done

squattingtillipuke
12-11-09, 8:51 am
12/11 Shoulders Traps
BB Shoulder Press 12x65 10x115 10x135 4x145
Arnold Press 10x30 10x35 8x45
Side db raises 10x15 10x20 10x20
Rev pec Deck 10x100 10x115 10x145
BB Shrugs 12x225 10x275 10x275 8x275

25 minutes - commute left me with little time in the gym...gotta change back to lunch hour to get my 45 minutes in.

squattingtillipuke
12-11-09, 8:54 am
love the madness. keep at it brother.!

Thanks Rob trying to keep the intensity and fire burning every day!!

Great work! Get in, get it done, get out, and good luck washing your hair or shaving! <grin>

It happened to me, too, when I first started. I don't know how much water you were used to drinking, but that'll flush some of it off. The other part is that your metabolism is still trying to catch up, and hasn't started laying down muscle yet. I dropped weight for the first three weeks on the program.

Thanks for the words and info...Not sure because I haven't really taken my calories up that much to what I was eating...I calculated my cals at about 3800 prior to moving to this but I'm not going to complain because I'm liking being full all day!

Phil800101
12-12-09, 6:29 pm
Killer sessions Mick! Hitting it nice and intense, alot of work in a short amount of time, good stuff.

squattingtillipuke
12-14-09, 1:25 pm
Shitty weekend...went to parents for the weekend which was great but there bed and pillows was shit, so I slept like shit...oh well...got home Sunday hit the sack and slept like a baby!!!

Went back to noon workouts today, felt a hell of a lot better with the additional food and the ability to wake up. Plus got both Test and Stak in me prior to working out and DAMN did I sweet like a mf'er. to the workout

Chest/calves/abs

pushups 25
Incline BB Bench 12x95 8x135 6x155 6x175 (2 more reps than last week time to up lbs)
Flat db press 10x55 8x60 6x65 5x75 (added a rep here also)
flat db flyes 12x40 10x50 7x55 (BAM it hit here...just wanted to push more and more)
pushups 15
seated calf raises 3pies x20, 4x15 4x15 4x12 - nice and slow nice stretch exploded up
crunches 50
obliques 2x10 on each side

done - 45 mins

Chest felt like I had a lot left in it but it was pretty pumped after the last set of flyes.

Phil800101
12-14-09, 2:41 pm
Sick workout there Mick! No doubt you had a sweet pump. Oh yeah, food and wakefullness definitely helps.

squattingtillipuke
12-16-09, 1:08 pm
12/16 Quads - had a long meeting pop up yesterday and had committments after work so couldn't get this in yesterday so I'll push arms out of the way this week!

5min on bike
Squats 12x135 10x185 8x225 6x265
Leg Press 10x4pps+25 8x5pps 6x5pps+25 6x6pps
limped over to leg extension for some single leg extensions
10x100 8x115 8x130

40 crunches
20 obliques

done

woke up this am 231.5 so the lbs are starting to come back to me and some!!!

Phil800101
12-16-09, 3:05 pm
Sick wheels session there Mick! Nothing fancy, but it definitely gets the job done. Good deal with the gains bro.

squattingtillipuke
12-16-09, 3:18 pm
Sick wheels session there Mick! Nothing fancy, but it definitely gets the job done. Good deal with the gains bro.

thanks Phil, trying to get more out of it every time. I still have a little tentativeness (sp) due to the back injury I suffered last year and pushing it too much but I'm slowly getting it up to being respectable again. Expect to be squatting 315 by years end for 6.

Phil800101
12-16-09, 3:44 pm
thanks Phil, trying to get more out of it every time. I still have a little tentativeness (sp) due to the back injury I suffered last year and pushing it too much but I'm slowly getting it up to being respectable again. Expect to be squatting 315 by years end for 6.

Right on bro...gotta train hard, but you also hafta train smart. It's your for the taking Mick!

C.Coronato
12-17-09, 2:16 pm
Solid wheels brother!

squattingtillipuke
12-21-09, 1:23 pm
Right on bro...gotta train hard, but you also hafta train smart. It's your for the taking Mick!

Speaking the truth there Phil

Solid wheels brother!

Thanks TTL - appreciate you stopping in!

squattingtillipuke
12-21-09, 1:25 pm
12/17 Shoulders/Traps

BB Shoulder Press 12x65 10x95 8x135 8x135 (shoulder took a while to loosen up)
Arnold Press 10x35 10x40 8x45
side db raises 10x20 10x20 10x20
Rev Pec Deck 10x115 10x130 7x160
BB Shrugs 12x275 10x315 10x315 8x315 46x135 (went for 50 but grip gave out at end)

12/18, 12/19 - FLU...my body couldn't be happy with stuff coming out just one end...uggh

Phil800101
12-21-09, 1:27 pm
Awesome session my man! Solid volume.

Ugh, sorry to hear that bro...hope you're feeling better soon.

squattingtillipuke
12-21-09, 1:31 pm
12/21 Chest/Calves

Pushups 25
Incline BP 12x95 8x135 6x175 6x185(pr) sad but true
Flat db press 10x60 8x65 6x70 5x75
Flat db flyes 12x45 8x50 5x55
pushups x10

Seated Calf Raises 3piesx20 3x15 3x15 4x15

Wasn't sure what to expeect today coming off of the flu but felt really good and was excited that I didn't loose all that much from the weekend. Weighed in this am at 231.5 so stayed steady. I ate like a healthy pig on sunday, after averaging so many calories and being on soup for two days i was starving.

squattingtillipuke
12-21-09, 1:32 pm
Awesome session my man! Solid volume.

Ugh, sorry to hear that bro...hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks Phil, felt much better on Sunday...figured my cals to be almost 6300 yesterday and that included a shake just before bed because i was still starving!!!

Phil800101
12-22-09, 3:55 am
Solid workout there bro, congrats on the PR! I like the bookending with push-ups, very cool.

squattingtillipuke
12-22-09, 1:24 pm
Solid workout there bro, congrats on the PR! I like the bookending with push-ups, very cool.

Thanks Phil, really trying to get the numbers up...slow process but I'll take progress each and everytime.

squattingtillipuke
12-22-09, 1:33 pm
Quads 12/22/09

10 min bike
Squats 135x12 185x10 225x8 275x6
Leg Press 4pps+25x10 5ppsx8 5pps+25x6 5ppsx6
Single LEg Ext 70x10 85x8 100x8 (lowered weight and focused on squeeze and negs)

crunches 3x20
obliques 2x20

Felt good today, warmed up quickly and was amazed how light the 225 felt.

So coming close to the end of the first cans of Stak/Test combo. Liking the edge that I feel in the gym...only way I can explain it is that I kinda feel like Stallone in over the top when he talks about turning his hat backwards...don't know what it is but I can walk up to the gym with a smile on my face and as soon as I see the iron I want to fucking rip through it. I have noticed that I also seem to react quicker to things outside of the gym, if I would have been a little upset about something now I can get angry quickly. Sweat a lot more, as far as other things I read on other peoples logs, not seeing the "wood" side effect, or should say that my drive isn't any higher than it was prior...which was pretty high to begin with. No breakouts or anything like that so all in all I'm saying it's an 7 out of 10 with a further review to come when I'm at the end of the 42 days!

Phil800101
12-22-09, 2:34 pm
Sick wheels session Mick! Simple, efficient, and very effective...good deal.

Lol at the "Over The Top" reference...sounds awesome bro, glad to hear it's working so well for you.

squattingtillipuke
12-23-09, 9:55 am
AA from test is really kicking in, DOMS have started increasing more and more

C.Coronato
12-23-09, 4:32 pm
Hell yea brother, thats great. Keep killin it my man.

squattingtillipuke
12-23-09, 5:27 pm
OK, gym isnt available tomorrow or Friday so tried to do Hams/Back and Shoulder/Traps together...

Eliptical 10 minute warm up
SLDL 12x135 10x225 8x225 8x225 (very slow reps felt the pull on hammies)
Single Leg Seated Leg Curls 12x85 10x100 10x100
Bent Over Rows 12x95 10x135 10x155 6x175
Straight Arm Pulldowns 10x100 10x100 10x110
BB Shoulder PRess 12x65 10x105 10x145 7x165 (pr)
Arnold Press 10x35 10x40 8x45 (hit a wall right here!!!!)
Side db laterals 10x15 10x20 8x20

SPENT...didn't get to Rev pec deck or shrugs today.

Downed my Torrent drove home, ate some lunch and took an hr nap!!!! Yes sir body was loving that nap!!!

squattingtillipuke
12-23-09, 5:28 pm
Hell yea brother, thats great. Keep killin it my man.

Loving the feeling that the gym is working, hate feeling like an old man trying to move around!!!

Phil800101
12-23-09, 7:13 pm
Holy shit bro, that's one hell of a session! You really killed it. Talk about volume, no wonder you had to take a nap, lol.

squattingtillipuke
12-25-09, 1:24 pm
No breakouts or anything like that so all in all I'm saying it's an 7 out of 10 with a further review to come when I'm at the end of the 42 days!

I might have to rethink that rating that I gave this stack...started this at 226lbs according to my journey and got on the scale this morning and it reads 235. 9lbs in 18 days...now I'll say this that my diet is real clean and the calories are up about 1000 per day over back in November but I have more room in the waist of my 34 jeans, less room in the legs and my shirts are getting tighter and tighter. Hmm maybe 240lbs @ 15%bf by the end of 2010 is short selling myself for a goal. Well see where this thing ends up in 24 more days. Gotta give a shoutout to Rage for helping me with the diet.

mick

Phil800101
12-27-09, 5:13 am
I might have to rethink that rating that I gave this stack...started this at 226lbs according to my journey and got on the scale this morning and it reads 235. 9lbs in 18 days...now I'll say this that my diet is real clean and the calories are up about 1000 per day over back in November but I have more room in the waist of my 34 jeans, less room in the legs and my shirts are getting tighter and tighter. Hmm maybe 240lbs @ 15%bf by the end of 2010 is short selling myself for a goal. Well see where this thing ends up in 24 more days. Gotta give a shoutout to Rage for helping me with the diet.

mick

Awesome progress there bro!

Phil800101
12-29-09, 2:28 pm
It's all set for the next Chicago ABC Gathering bro, info is in our thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=871776#post871776

squattingtillipuke
12-30-09, 6:29 pm
Hit back and bi's today at a new gym. Walked in changed out of my winter gear and had my yellow animal iconic t on, got a couple snickers and snears from the treadmill groupies as I walked past them. Headed to the power rack and began the destruction!!

Deads 135x10 225x8 315x6 365x6 405x1 495x0(half way up just couldnt finish it)
Rack Pulls 495x1 545x1 545x1
Vgrip pulldowns 8x150 8x170 6x190
Vgrip low pulls 8x140 6x160 6x160
Alt db curls 8x35 7x35 5x35 very slow and concentrated on the squeeze
Hammer curls 10x20 8x25 6x30

DONE...it was funny watching the guys that lifted there...I guess they thought I was done when I hit 315x6 but I just kept pushing it. When I pulled the 545 3 people stopped their sets to watch...never had that happen before.

squattingtillipuke
12-30-09, 6:30 pm
Awesome progress there bro!

Thanks...I'm trying each and every day to get better with both the iron and the fork!!!

It's all set for the next Chicago ABC Gathering bro, info is in our thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=871776#post871776

Count me in until we get to the week of...then we will wait and watch the weather. IF it isn't too bad I'm there bro.

Phil800101
12-31-09, 12:03 pm
Sick session Mick! Looking strong. Hell yeah bro, way to show em' how it's done.

Cool. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

C.Coronato
01-04-10, 3:09 pm
Gotta love the looks! Nothing better brother. Keep doin your thing!

Firedrake
01-04-10, 3:16 pm
Nice work, bro -- I'm not up to your game, but I love the weird looks I get when they see this "old man" hefting 405 off the rack -- they all think I'm too old for that, or the 8 plates on a side on leg presses. Enjoy shaming them all!

squattingtillipuke
01-05-10, 8:19 am
01/04 Chest

shoulder was not cooperating with me. Took a lot longer to loosen up today then normal. So my Inclines just felt weird and without power.

Pushups 25
Inclines BP 12x95 8x135 3x185 3x185
Flat db press 10x60 8x65 6x70 4x80(pr)
db flyes 12x35 10x40 8x45 (went lighter and concentrated on the pull and squeeze)
pushups 20
seated calves 3x3platesx20reps

feeling pretty good this a.m. I think that I am going to stick with the lighter weights on flyes and focus on the strecth. I feel I get a lot more out of this weight than then higher weights.

squattingtillipuke
01-05-10, 8:21 am
Sick session Mick! Looking strong. Hell yeah bro, way to show em' how it's done.

Cool. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Thnaks Phil - I agree on weather

Gotta love the looks! Nothing better brother. Keep doin your thing!

Wondered if I grunted out loud at first but I just went with it.

Nice work, bro -- I'm not up to your game, but I love the weird looks I get when they see this "old man" hefting 405 off the rack -- they all think I'm too old for that, or the 8 plates on a side on leg presses. Enjoy shaming them all!

Hey I check in on you now and again and you push around some good weight bro. I just happen to love pulling that is by far my favorite exercise to do.

Phil800101
01-06-10, 2:25 pm
Solid session my man, congrats on the PR! Good call with the weight on the flyes, always important to focus on the stretch/feel with those.

squattingtillipuke
01-06-10, 3:32 pm
Tried to kill Quads today...broke a toe over the weekend and had some balance issues so

Squats 12x135 10x135 8x185 6x225
Leg Presses 10x4pps 8x4+25 6x5pps 3x6pps (could've gotten more but toe was throbbing)
single leg ext 10x70 8x85 8x100 (focused on squeeze - held each rep for 5 secs) BURN!!!

Abs
Obliques and Crunches

Phil800101
01-06-10, 3:40 pm
Killer session there bro! Way to push through and get it done, no easy feat with a broken toe.

C.Coronato
01-07-10, 3:21 pm
Lots of weights! Looking good.

squattingtillipuke
01-07-10, 3:43 pm
Killer session there bro! Way to push through and get it done, no easy feat with a broken toe.

Lots of weights! Looking good.

Thanks guys appreciate the words

squattingtillipuke
01-07-10, 3:47 pm
Shoulders & Traps

All the snow kept it quiet in the gym today...NICE

BB Shoulder Press 12x65 10x105 8x155 5x175
Arnold Press 10x40 10x45 5x50
Side db raises 10x20 x 3sets
Rev pec Deck 10x115 10x145 5x160
BB Shrugs 20x225 15x315 10x315 20x225
Calves 4sets 3platesx15

Have one question for anyone willing to give some ideas...I can't seem to get above 20lbs on the side db raises and keep my form. I love doing them but every time I raise the lbs I feel that my form isn't as strict and with shoulder surgery already behind me I don't want it in front of me again.

squattingtillipuke
01-08-10, 3:15 pm
Back and hams

SLDL 12x135 10x225 8x275 6x275
Seated Leg Curls 12x85 10x100 10x115 8x130
Bent over rows 12x95 10x135 8x155 8x175
cable rows 10x135 10x150 8x165 8x165

had a meeting today so I got in and out in 40 minutes...Felt really good today but still sore from quad workout. AA is really negating any pluses I think that I might have been getting from testing project Z!!!

squattingtillipuke
01-08-10, 3:16 pm
Thinking about going to Rage's workout that the other's are doing. Looks like a solid routine.

Phil800101
01-08-10, 4:01 pm
Awesome sessions Mick! Looking strong there bro.

squattingtillipuke
01-11-10, 10:17 am
Awesome sessions Mick! Looking strong there bro.

Thanks Phil...trying to stay strong, but getting pretty tired...burning it at both ends!!

squattingtillipuke
01-11-10, 1:28 pm
Chest 01/11

Incline Smith
12x105
10x155
6x175
3x205 + 2 rest pause reps
strip down to 3x155
strip down to 10x105

Flat db press
8x60
7x65
5x70
6x70

db flyes
10x35
10x40
8x45

seated calves
12x4plates
15x4
12x4
25x2

drop sets killed me, the last couple of reps really challenged me. Impressed myself a little because even with the additional incline reps my db work didn't drop off that much.

Phil800101
01-11-10, 1:59 pm
Sick session bro! I bet your chest is absolutely toasted after all that.

squattingtillipuke
01-11-10, 3:02 pm
Sick session bro! I bet your chest is absolutely toasted after all that.

It is fried KFC style brother...can already feel it!!!!

squattingtillipuke
01-13-10, 12:17 pm
Beach Muscle Day...hit the arms!!! Haven't given arms their own day in a couple weeks due to my schedule and I could tell, but I felt ok through it.

Straight bar curl 12x50 10x60 8x70 8x80
alt db curl 10x35 7x40 7x40 8x30(long squeeze on the 30#)
Hammers 10x20 8x25 6x30
Skull Crushers 12x75 10x75 8x75 8x75 (elbow still doesn't like these but tris do) (shrug)
Close Grip Bench 12x95 10x135 8x155 7x185
Cable Pushdown 12x110 10x120 8x130 (5 second squeeze on each rep)

Arms are still shaking from it.

Phil800101
01-13-10, 3:38 pm
Nice gun show bro! No doubt you had a sweet pump.

squattingtillipuke
01-14-10, 1:24 pm
Nice gun show bro! No doubt you had a sweet pump.

You betcha PHIL...they were full most of the day yesterday!!!

squattingtillipuke
01-14-10, 1:27 pm
Back and Hammies

SLDL
12x135
10x185
8x225
6x315...stopped cuz the fucking plastic aerobic thing cracked on the right side..ARGHHH

Single Leg Seated Curls
12x85
10x100
10x115
8x115 - my right knee just hasn't like this movement lately, not sure what the deal is

Standing leg Curl (Leg Extension Machine)
10x45
8x55 someone stole the machine as I strecthed turned around and there sat a little old lady

Bent over rows
12x95
10x135
8x155
8x155 held these for a two count on the top of the pull,

Cable Rows
10x135
10x150
8x165
8x180

St Arm pulldowns
10x100
10x100
8x120

Phil800101
01-15-10, 3:18 am
Killer work bro! Looking strong.

squattingtillipuke
01-15-10, 7:54 am
Killer work bro! Looking strong.

Thanks PHIL, after today I have two more days on Test/Stak so Mstak starts on Monday...hopefully I won't see too much of a drop off in my strength.

squattingtillipuke
01-15-10, 1:28 pm
Shoulders and Traps today

Smith Machine Shoulder press
12x65
10x105
8x175
4x195

Arnold Presses
10x45
9x50
6x55

Side Db raises (held for 2 count)
3x10x15#

Rev pec Deck
10x115
10x130
10x145

Shrugs (held for 2 count)
225x15
225x20
225x20
225x15

Phil800101
01-15-10, 3:35 pm
Hitting it front-to-back, nice and thorough! Good deal bro.

I'm sure the strength loss will be minimal, maybe even nonexistent. Don't know though, I've never used Test.

squattingtillipuke
01-18-10, 8:10 am
Hitting it front-to-back, nice and thorough! Good deal bro.

I'm sure the strength loss will be minimal, maybe even nonexistent. Don't know though, I've never used Test.

Right now I'm just looking for some energy to come back...my energy levels have been steadily droping the last two weeks. Not sure exactly what is going on.

NaturalTrainee
01-18-10, 9:25 am
Nice shoulder routine... I bet the pump was nice and the recovery fast.

Phil800101
01-18-10, 2:14 pm
Right now I'm just looking for some energy to come back...my energy levels have been steadily droping the last two weeks. Not sure exactly what is going on.

When was the last time you took a week off? Myself, I try to take some time off every 8-12 weeks...usually about a week.

squattingtillipuke
01-18-10, 3:32 pm
Nice shoulder routine... I bet the pump was nice and the recovery fast.

Pump was wonderful...recovery has been pretty good since I got onto "Z", I am only sore for two days now...the AA from Test really hit me hard towards the end of the stak.

When was the last time you took a week off? Myself, I try to take some time off every 8-12 weeks...usually about a week.

Haven't taken a full week off since August. I've seen some pretty good results with a couple extra days off during xmas-new years but I might have to take one off here soon.

squattingtillipuke
01-18-10, 3:34 pm
01/18 Chest

Incline BB
12x95
8x135
6x185
1x225 3x185 10x135 15x45 drop set

flat bench db press
10x60
8x70
5x80
4x80

flat flyes
12x35
10x40
8x45

only had 30 minutes to hit the gym today so it was in and out.

Phil800101
01-19-10, 2:49 am
Solid work my man! Gettin' it done in 30 minutes, had to be intense...dropset looks brutal.

NaturalTrainee
01-19-10, 3:06 am
Nice and complete work especially in a harsh. I also currently use DB's on the flat.

squattingtillipuke
01-19-10, 7:56 am
Solid work my man! Gettin' it done in 30 minutes, had to be intense...dropset looks brutal.

I was dripping with sweat...and haven't seen my arms shake that bad in a long time because I wasn't giving them the rest that they normally get.

Nice and complete work especially in a harsh. I also currently use DB's on the flat.

Thanks - my shoulders for whatever reason will allow me to do inclines but if I go to a flat bench with a barbell I have a lot of pain. Already had surgery done so I'll stick with db's if that is what makes the shoulders happy.

squattingtillipuke
01-19-10, 3:21 pm
01/19 QUADS

Squats
12x135
12x135
12x185
12x185
8x225
8x225

Hacks/Leg Press SS
Hack 2ppsx8, Leg Press 4pps x8
Hack 3ppsx8, Leg Press 4ppsx8, Calf Raises on Leg Press 4ppsx20
Hack 4ppsx2, 2ppsx8 , Leg Press 4ppsx8 Calf Raises 4pps x20

Water and deep breath

Single Leg Extensions (2 second squeeze on top)
8x55
8x70
8x85

DONE...white face and cold sweats set in after the last calf raises but battled through the leg extensions.

Firedrake
01-19-10, 3:45 pm
Great session. Let's hear it for white faces, stars in the eyes, and shaky legs!

Loved the supersets!

squattingtillipuke
01-20-10, 7:56 am
Great session. Let's hear it for white faces, stars in the eyes, and shaky legs!

Loved the supersets!

Loved them yesterday, not so much this morning...really feeling them today, which usually doesn't happen till day 2. Oh well, I guess I'll see how Z does with recovery after that workout.

Firedrake
01-20-10, 12:46 pm
Loved them yesterday, not so much this morning...really feeling them today, which usually doesn't happen till day 2. Oh well, I guess I'll see how Z does with recovery after that workout.

Oh, I'm with you. The first 15 minutes on the bike for cardio this morning were . . . a challenge.

Phil800101
01-20-10, 2:17 pm
Damn Mick, that's one hell of a wheels session! Nice work bro, looks intense and brutal...no doubt you were near collapsing by the end of that madness.

C.Coronato
01-20-10, 2:27 pm
Big Quads!!

squattingtillipuke
01-20-10, 3:19 pm
Damn Mick, that's one hell of a wheels session! Nice work bro, looks intense and brutal...no doubt you were near collapsing by the end of that madness.

Thanks Phil...definately feeling it today. I had to dig deep at the end of the supersets!

Big Quads!!

Brother just trying to get like you!!!

ghost
01-20-10, 3:20 pm
gotta love legs day

squattingtillipuke
01-20-10, 4:55 pm
gotta love legs day

Love it, absolutely!

squattingtillipuke
01-21-10, 4:16 pm
Shoulders and Traps today

Smith Machine Shoulder press
25xbar
12x65
10x105
10x155
8x175

Arnold Presses
10x45
10x50
8x50

Side Db raises (held for 2 count)
3x10x15#

Rev pec Deck (held for 2 count)
10x115
10x130
10x145

Shrugs (held for 2 count)
225x15
225x15
225x15

35 minutes in and out...low energy today, but battled through it.

Firedrake
01-21-10, 8:15 pm
You Got It Done! That's the spirit!

squattingtillipuke
01-22-10, 8:23 am
Ok, thought that I'd take a look to see if I progressed or not. I think that I could've probably pushed some more out but I did have two bouts with the Flu and took a couple days off between xmas and new years to spend time with family so.

Added 9lbs of weight, lost 2.3% bodyfat
Incline Bench started at 4x175 finished at 6x185 (plus hit 225x1 that day for a pr)
Shoulder Press started at 4x145 finished at 8x175
Closed Grip BP started at 5x175 ended at 7x185
Squats 6x265 - I will update this one with next weeks workout as my broken toe is now healed so I can go heavy again.

Not bad but as I think that I could've done much better...I'm really curious as to what my 1 rep max would be on some of these.

squattingtillipuke
01-22-10, 2:29 pm
Decided that I wanted to PULL today instead of working on hammies and back...so

Deads
10x135
8x225
6x315
1x405
0x455 (had it up just couldn't lock it out)

Rack Pulls
3x455
3x495
1x545

Bent over rows
12x95
10x135
6x185

Low Pulley
10x150
10x165
8x180

Done.

Firedrake
01-22-10, 4:56 pm
Yup -- solid pulls, bro -- well done!

Phil800101
01-23-10, 4:05 am
Solid workouts my man! Keep it up.

NaturalTrainee
01-23-10, 4:17 am
A bunch of solid, compound ass-kicking movements for the back. Excellent!

squattingtillipuke
01-25-10, 8:10 am
Yup -- solid pulls, bro -- well done!

Solid workouts my man! Keep it up.

A bunch of solid, compound ass-kicking movements for the back. Excellent!

Thanks guys. Going to get back to deads more often, I miss them. Only thing is I wish I had a little more time so I could have got some more volume in there. Back was fried at the end and that is the goal of the workouts.

squattingtillipuke
01-25-10, 9:39 am

Well I had this one figured out for me. I had a physical a couple of weeks ago and they called me back in for additional tests...well come to find out my thyroid is low (hereditary issue) and the doc said that is why I have been so tired. I guess I tested low last year but it was the first time so he ignored it as an outlyer on the test.

Phil800101
01-25-10, 1:15 pm
Well I had this one figured out for me. I had a physical a couple of weeks ago and they called me back in for additional tests...well come to find out my thyroid is low (hereditary issue) and the doc said that is why I have been so tired. I guess I tested low last year but it was the first time so he ignored it as an outlyer on the test.

Ah, that makes sense. What can you do about it?

squattingtillipuke
01-25-10, 2:31 pm
Chest

Incline BP
15xbar
12x95
10x135
6x185
2x205
10x135

flat db
7x80
5x85
8x70
8x70

db flyes
12x40
10x45
8x45

abs/obliques

squattingtillipuke
01-25-10, 2:32 pm
Ah, that makes sense. What can you do about it?

Medication - and I took it over the weekend and it works...energy levels were much better all ready.

Phil800101
01-26-10, 3:46 am
Solid chest session my man! Simple and effective, good stuff.

squattingtillipuke
01-26-10, 7:56 am
Solid chest session my man! Simple and effective, good stuff.

Thanks Phil, that's what I'm shooting for. Beat the hell out of myself quickly and efficiently and get out of the gym to grow.

NaturalTrainee
01-26-10, 9:37 am
Really nice routine, no wasted energy!

squattingtillipuke
01-28-10, 4:33 pm
QUADS - Had 30 Minutes for a workout today...reporting the quarter results on Tuesday so I've been swamped the last couple of days.

5 min on Elypitcal

Squats
warmup barx15...135x12

Giant Set
Squat 135x12 Leg Press 4ppsx8 Leg Ext 160x12
Squat 225x8 Leg Press 5ppsx8 Leg ext 175x12
Squat 225x8 Leg Press 6ppsx6 Leg Ex 190x12

Done. Not a lot of work but was dragging when I walked to the shower.

squattingtillipuke
01-28-10, 4:34 pm
Really nice routine, no wasted energy!

Thanks NT - try to be very specific in my training...hit the intended area and get out to recover.

Firedrake
01-28-10, 8:21 pm
QUADS - Had 30 Minutes for a workout today...reporting the quarter results on Tuesday so I've been swamped the last couple of days.

5 min on Elypitcal

Squats
warmup barx15...135x12

Giant Set
Squat 135x12 Leg Press 4ppsx8 Leg Ext 160x12
Squat 225x8 Leg Press 5ppsx8 Leg ext 175x12
Squat 225x8 Leg Press 6ppsx6 Leg Ex 190x12

Done. Not a lot of work but was dragging when I walked to the shower.

Maybe it didn't TAKE long, but I'd say that was a good quantity of work. . .well done!

Phil800101
01-29-10, 2:43 am
Awesome work Mick! Giant set looks brutal, sometimes less is more.

squattingtillipuke
01-29-10, 10:42 am
Maybe it didn't TAKE long, but I'd say that was a good quantity of work. . .well done!

Awesome work Mick! Giant set looks brutal, sometimes less is more.

Thanks fellows...the one thing I hate about being in Finance is the quarter reporting requirements. Takes a couple days away from my workouts sometimes.

NaturalTrainee
01-29-10, 11:28 am
Super giant set!

squattingtillipuke
01-29-10, 12:21 pm
Super giant set!

Thanks Nattie, appreciate the words.

squattingtillipuke
01-29-10, 12:23 pm
OK, update on training...talked to Rage and with the addition of the thyroid medicine and me still being in the 18% bf range, we agreed that it might be better off to take advantage of the body comp change that I'm going to go through from the meds and go on a cut. So Good bye to my real gains for a while...:( Love the Strawberry Ice Cream.

So Starting Monday I'm onto the Team Red Diet and Exercises.

squattingtillipuke
02-01-10, 8:18 am
Friday - Shoulders

Smith SHoulder Press
12x65
10x105
8x155
8x175
4x195

Arnold Presses
10x45
6x55
5x55

Side db lat
10x20
8x25
8x25

rev pec deck
10x130
10x160
4x175

bb shrugs
25x225
15x225
20x225

NaturalTrainee
02-01-10, 9:41 am
Nice work there bro. You were surely unable to lift your arms afterwards!

squattingtillipuke
02-01-10, 12:31 pm
Nice work there bro. You were surely unable to lift your arms afterwards!

Definately felt heavy after the workout. Then went home and put myself through more pain by hanging drywall on my basement ceiling!!! Yeah I was burning from the first piece to the last one Friday night!

Phil800101
02-02-10, 12:36 am
Killer work my man! Looking strong. Drywall after all that? Damn...

squattingtillipuke
02-02-10, 7:56 am
Killer work my man! Looking strong. Drywall after all that? Damn...

thanks phil, the drywalling was definately tough to do

squattingtillipuke
02-02-10, 7:59 am
k what a fucked up day yesterday was...got great news relating to a girls softball league that we are creating for our youth girls and had me on a high most of the day.

Got home and decided to go have a snowball fight with the family, hit some ice, grabbed the tree to balance myself and I think I retore my rotator cuff. Anyways I'm going to take it easy for a short period of time to see if it is tore again or just sore from the jolt. Unfortunately it feels exactly the way it did before the last surgery.

Phil I'm sorry to say that because of this I won't be able to make Saturday bro.

Firedrake
02-02-10, 7:33 pm
Mick!

Isn't that the way -- we try to train safe, and something stupid screws us up. I hope it's just sore and annoyed.

Great work on the shoulders before that, though!

TigerAce01
02-02-10, 8:58 pm
k what a fucked up day yesterday was...got great news relating to a girls softball league that we are creating for our youth girls and had me on a high most of the day.

Got home and decided to go have a snowball fight with the family, hit some ice, grabbed the tree to balance myself and I think I retore my rotator cuff. Anyways I'm going to take it easy for a short period of time to see if it is tore again or just sore from the jolt. Unfortunately it feels exactly the way it did before the last surgery.

Phil I'm sorry to say that because of this I won't be able to make Saturday bro.

I know this feeling well brother...just take care of yourself, get everything done that you need to, and get back in there!

-Ace

Phil800101
02-03-10, 1:36 am
Oh man, that sucks...hope all is well and that it's just a scare.

No worries bro, I definitely understand.

squattingtillipuke
02-03-10, 7:52 am
Thanks for the words guys. I'm completely pissed off right now as I have seen some real progress in my body since November and am excited to hit the gym every day.

NaturalTrainee
02-03-10, 8:07 am
Then add another day off lol.

squattingtillipuke
02-12-10, 8:07 am
rotator cuff is frayed and have a bone spur that is rubbing against it. going to give shoulders and chest some time off, since those are the two workouts that bother me the most but am going to continue hammering legs, back and guns.

been so busy with work I noticed that I haven't posted anything in here in a couple of weeks...been doing legs and back and a lot of cardio.

Phil800101
02-12-10, 9:16 am
rotator cuff is frayed and have a bone spur that is rubbing against it. going to give shoulders and chest some time off, since those are the two workouts that bother me the most but am going to continue hammering legs, back and guns.

been so busy with work I noticed that I haven't posted anything in here in a couple of weeks...been doing legs and back and a lot of cardio.

Ow...glad to hear it's not worse bro. Sounds like a plan.

NaturalTrainee
02-12-10, 10:56 am
My honest wishes for the fastest recoveries bro. Ice it, won't ya?

squattingtillipuke
02-12-10, 1:44 pm
Ow...glad to hear it's not worse bro. Sounds like a plan.

Can't stay out Phil...gotta keep moving forward. I've got an image in my head of what I want my body to look like and sitting around with a sling on ain't going to make that happen!!!

My honest wishes for the fastest recoveries bro. Ice it, won't ya?

Thanks brother...Ice it every day, but also lube it up prior to working out to keep it warm. This is my third time around with a shoulder injury. Tore rotator cuff on right shoulder during football in my Jr year of High school (no surgery just rehab so I could pitch in the spring...dumbass move on my part), destroyed my left shoulder about 5 years ago and had surgery on it. and once again it's the left shoulder. Doc told me during my last operation that my shoulders have soo much damage and arthritis in them that I'd probably need them replaced before i was 45. Oh well, I guess we all push through something in this game, this is what I push against the most. And I'm not going to stop!!!

Firedrake
02-16-10, 11:14 pm
Just as long as you move forward carefully. Are you taking joint-support supplements?

I had arthritic overgrowth ground out of my left shoulder in 2003 -- they literally had to re-surface my glenoid process and acromion, and fix up my labrum. It's been pretty good ever since.

NaturalTrainee
02-17-10, 6:17 am
Some Flex should help, wouldn't it?

squattingtillipuke
02-17-10, 8:05 am
Been taking flex for about 2 years...it's done me right. I'm just not the most patient person in the world, so there are times when I need breaks and I haven't listened to my body. After that surgery I have done more of that, like having tendonitis in my elbow and taking a two month hiatis because it wouldn't go away. It has staggered my progress but I'm getting there.

BTW, this week so far has been,

Monday - legs
Leg press 3x50, Squats 2x20, Leg Ext 3x20, Seated leg Curl 3x12, standing curl 2x12

Tuesday - Cardio 45 mins on treadmill
Wed - Cardio 45 mins on treadmill, Back @ lunch time.
I'll hit cardio on Thur for 45
then do arms and a little delts on Friday along with 45 mins of cardio.

Doing what I can that doesn't aggrivate the shoulder.

Phil800101
02-17-10, 2:20 pm
Solid work bro! Nice volume. Yup, gotta train smart...it's nothing but a speedbump in the road my man, and before you know it you will be past it.

Firedrake
02-17-10, 8:40 pm
Yeah, it's time to work smarter -- progress isn't always in a straight line.

Good work!

NaturalTrainee
02-18-10, 5:49 am
So everyone wish our man the best for his shoulder. Nice work.

squattingtillipuke
04-27-10, 12:37 pm
AAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So here I stand again...hitting the reset button yet fucking again.

Shoulder problem is past me...but in March I was working on finishing my basement and in the process of cutting a board, the circular saw that I was using decided that the board wasn't enough...so it went after my pinkie and ring finger.

So, I'm just a little over 6 weeks past my surgery, cast is off, tossed out the large splint and now have a small splint on just my ring finger to let the fracture finish healing. As it stands now, I should regain full use of my pinkie but I have the choice of having a crooked ass ring finger that works or a straight finger than only partially bends (the saw literally shaved off the top of my bone from the big knuckle all the way to my finger nail)...so I say fuck it I want it to work, I don't care what it looks like.

I have been rehabbing them for 3 weeks now and I'm doing pretty good...told my rehab lady that June 1 is when I plan on being back at the iron so she needs to set up an agressive rehab because she wants me to go till August...NOT happening, sorry. I'm noticing already that I'm going to have some grip issues so I'll have to work around it but it will come back.

Rob - Phil...definately planning on heading one way or the other before Summer is out to hit up an ABC...continued on Rage's diet and cardio so I've dropped 30lbs since late January but I'm definately craving the weights. I've been dying the last month just spotting my 12 yr old son while he lifts...He's made me proud though...5'8" 165lbs and just pulled 225x10...I'm keeping him to a very strict form.

Anyways...guess I stand right back where I was last summer with a mountain ahead of me...little by little I'm going to get back on track!

Firedrake
04-27-10, 4:07 pm
Bro, if I can come back from having my entire lower spine rebuilt in July of '07, you can do this with one hand tied behind your back (sorry, I couldn't resist <grin>). You can work around the grip issues, and once you get back on track, muscle memory will guide you back where you need to be.

Congrats on your son. I wish I'd had a dad like you to help me at that age.

NaturalTrainee
04-28-10, 4:21 am
You'll be back, and better than ever my brother.