PDA

View Full Version : Lockdown

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

T o m m Y
12-03-08, 6:21 pm
1 hour to lift off

ME BENCH DAY last day of close grip pressing before i do board pressing close grip

any advise guys? accesroy work or something lool

Skulls with straight bar,bb rows,face pulls,hammers

prowrestler
12-03-08, 6:30 pm
Skulls with straight bar,bb rows,face pulls,hammers

i can do the skulls lol

all the others are a no no lol!

wait

i can do the face pulls i hope and i will do light rows to rehab my lat!

prowrestler
12-03-08, 7:02 pm
its gonna go like this

close grip bench

dumbell bench,elbows tucked
pullovers
skulls
side laterals
face pulls

possibly shrugs

Psycho77
12-03-08, 7:21 pm
lol, it was a goodmorning pr! the 315x5 was a good morning

but i got a pr in squat depth, i found the lowest possible box in my gym and i could reach it but had to "fall" yo get to it but i did some moderate weight,fast rep sets with it. its only a hypertrophy and depth improver i use it for.

lol, thanks though i dont know about golf lol cause its freezzing up here but ill see what i can do lol!

opppsss my bad. sorry man. it is a squat PR. Grats! Me thinks I was high last night from the liniment scent in my room. lol

prowrestler
12-03-08, 7:22 pm
opppsss my bad. sorry man. it is a squat PR. Grats! Me thinks I was high last night from the liniment scent in my room. lol

lol, maybe

shizz702
12-03-08, 7:49 pm
how bout some weighted dips bro, I'm really digging those right now.

T o m m Y
12-03-08, 7:51 pm
yo do db floor presses,have you ever tried them?

there fn awsome.

shizz702
12-03-08, 7:55 pm

there fn awsome.

I'll have to try those some time.

T o m m Y
12-03-08, 7:57 pm
dude there fn goood

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:14 pm
how bout some weighted dips bro, I'm really digging those right now.

good choice, ill do them unweighted due to pec but ill include them next time, i did them last week...or ill do them on DE DAY

prowrestler

there fn awsome.

mmm, barbell ya, dumbell, i cant recal...

how do you set that exercise up though?

prowrestler
I'll have to try those some time.

x2

shizz702
12-03-08, 11:17 pm
good choice, ill do them unweighted due to pec but ill include them next time, i did them last week...or ill do them on DE DAY

yea I just started doing them again, had to stop due to a pec problem as well. The foam rolling seemed to have taken care of it, you might want to look into that.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-03-08, 11:20 pm
Floor presses in general are amazing, ive just strarted doing floor and board presses and it really kilss ur tris!

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:21 pm
ME BENCH DAY

close grip bench press

45xwhatever (bench sucked, slippery
45x10(again that bench sucked! slippy)
45x10 (ahhhh, good ol' last bench of the row! never lets me down!)
115x6
135x5
185x3
205x3(maybe pr?)
225x1(like a hot knife threw butter baby! soooo fast this one!)
230x1 (PR) ( pretty easy rep, no sticking point and decent speed but i lost form at the top, i gotta feeling my shoulders came up cause i exploded way to agressivley, i kinde lauched it back at the top so i bet ya i would have got a red light in a meet. i didnt pretend to wait for the "rack" call. next time, ill pasue it and then rack it.

dumbell elbows tucked press

50x10
70x5(deep and bottom pause)
80x8 (pr) (nice pase, 3 second hold at the top of rep#8. great exercise)

face pulls

105x10
150x10
235x10
235x10

side lateral/bent over lateral super set/drop sets

25'sxfailure/20'sxfailure/10'sxfailure

i did the side raises first, then straigth to bentover for the same reps

that was it

all done in 45 mins, i was short on time and i really feel i had a good workout anyways

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:23 pm
yea I just started doing them again, had to stop due to a pec problem as well. The foam rolling seemed to have taken care of it, you might want to look into that.

ive actually been using an incline barbell bench for that, i put my armpit between a sleeve of a barbell on the incline bench's j hooks, and i go up and down pn it with my bodyweight being forced down. it feels painfuly good!

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:23 pm
Floor presses in general are amazing, ive just strarted doing floor and board presses and it really kilss ur tris!

next week i got board pressing for the first time in my life!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-03-08, 11:26 pm
lol i just did it for the first time bro...its a whole nother dimension in the art of the bench press

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:28 pm
lol i just did it for the first time bro...its a whole nother dimension in the art of the bench press

feels good?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-03-08, 11:29 pm
feels good?

absolutely. blows up ur tris, ur pecs/ not to mention it helps a ton with ur lockout,

AND as u work gradually down to a 5 board to no board ull find u are able to pusdh up weight u never thought u coudl.....just gotta be patient with it thats all

SQUAT or DIE!
12-03-08, 11:29 pm

pretty much

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:32 pm
absolutely. blows up ur tris, ur pecs/ not to mention it helps a ton with ur lockout,

AND as u work gradually down to a 5 board to no board ull find u are able to pusdh up weight u never thought u coudl.....just gotta be patient with it thats all

sick man, i think a 1 board press will be good for my heavy shit due to my pec so i dont over stretch it while i rehab it.

so much experience with 1 day of board pressing dru, im inpresed!!! lol the ROM method is sick, thats how i got to a 315 GM for 5 reps, i droped the safetys by a slot each week

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:33 pm
pretty much

im excited for them

should i do them now as my ME exercise or accesory? ive done CG bench for..3 weeks atleast now as my ME exercise?

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:35 pm
ME BENCH DAY

close grip bench press

45xwhatever (bench sucked, slippery
45x10(again that bench sucked! slippy)
45x10 (ahhhh, good ol' last bench of the row! never lets me down!)
115x6
135x5
185x3
205x3(maybe pr?)
225x1(like a hot knife threw butter baby! soooo fast this one!)
230x1 (PR) ( pretty easy rep, no sticking point and decent speed but i lost form at the top, i gotta feeling my shoulders came up cause i exploded way to agressivley, i kinde lauched it back at the top so i bet ya i would have got a red light in a meet. i didnt pretend to wait for the "rack" call. next time, ill pasue it and then rack it.

dumbell elbows tucked press

50x10
70x5(deep and bottom pause)
80x8 (pr) (nice pase, 3 second hold at the top of rep#8. great exercise)

face pulls

105x10
150x10
235x10
235x10

side lateral/bent over lateral super set/drop sets

25'sxfailure/20'sxfailure/10'sxfailure

i did the side raises first, then straigth to bentover for the same reps

that was it

all done in 45 mins, i was short on time and i really feel i had a good workout anyways

i guess i should bump this to the new page to try and keep things on subject lol

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-03-08, 11:42 pm
lol yea that was a goo idea to bump.

wouldnt you want to do more than a 1 board. in order not to stretch the pec as much...ur better off 4 board and above..mayb even 3

SQUAT or DIE!
12-03-08, 11:44 pm
i like 2 and 3 boards.. 4 is good

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:45 pm
lol yea that was a goo idea to bump.

wouldnt you want to do more than a 1 board. in order not to stretch the pec as much...ur better off 4 board and above..mayb even 3

im makeing a 1-2 board (half is a 1, other half a 2)

ill start off small for the first week. im not gonna go too heavy on these and i dont wanna loose my good power off the chest. so on DE day, ill do no boards and work on rep work with increasing 6-10 rep maxes

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:46 pm
i like 2 and 3 boards.. 4 is good

ill stick with a 2 board at most now, i still wanna create as much power in the lower part of my bench

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-03-08, 11:50 pm
ill stick with a 2 board at most now, i still wanna create as much power in the lower part of my bench

just be careful bro. just test the waters our for your pec.

prowrestler
12-03-08, 11:58 pm
just be careful bro. just test the waters our for your pec.

i close griped 230 of my chest with alot of agressive speed today and it felt FINE! and the elbows tucked DB press, i did a pause in the lower stretched position. its getting alot better

i will watch out forthe pec so ill keep a closer grip and focus on strict form. my chest is getting there and the muscles are getting noticably more strong/meaty. i got a compliment from a buddy that works at the gym saying "my chest and shoulders look like they got bigger and leaber" and thats how i got my leg back to normal. i increased the mass and power of the surrounding muscles of my hurt knee and now im almost perfect there

prowrestler
12-04-08, 1:48 pm
ok, time to get my fuckin diet on track

so im gaining again after 3 weeks

im back up to 194lbs after doing a cut rom a bloated 198 to a leaner then ever 190

i need to get my diet back in check, ive been neglecting it. andn ow i got the solution

my problem was work. i work like everyday almost. i would neglect much eatingfor those work hours when i EASILY COULD BE EATING. i practically sit on my ass on the computer all day long lol.

now im packing a chicken sandwich with cheese to work with me, thats 500 cals, i have a mr noodles at work which is 400 cals and every day at work, im picking up half a gallon of 2% milk. then i normally have atleast 2 scoops of whey for free at work lol. thats an extra 2100 calories. plus 2,1000 calorie gainer shakes a day and 2 more meals when i get home, i can easily make 5000 cals a day.

thats the plan from now on, half a gallon of milk at work plus a pre made sandwich and a pack of mr noodles

diesel1976
12-04-08, 1:51 pm
Sounds like your back on track pro. Got your back, get crazy

prowrestler
12-04-08, 2:02 pm
Sounds like your back on track pro. Got your back, get crazy

nice

ive been getting stronger on that "maintanence" diet i was on oddly. but i want as much mass as possible, my long term goal is 260lbs at 5 foot 7.

any tips on eating at work?

Aggression
12-04-08, 2:06 pm
nice

ive been getting stronger on that "maintanence" diet i was on oddly. but i want as much mass as possible, my long term goal is 260lbs at 5 foot 7.

any tips on eating at work?

260 at 5'7'' is monster bro. I'm 5'10'', and for me at 260 I think that's monster. Good luck man!

As for eating at work, if you have the ability to do so, go ahead. Me? I work a desk job as well, and I eat at work, 3 times actually. 10am, I have a Real Gains with 3tbsp PB. Lunch is another meal (today was 4oz chicken, 4oz ground beef, 6oz sweet potato), and then at 4:30 I'll eat the same meal again before I start home for the night. If your job permits it, then take advantage.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 4:15 pm
260 at 5'7'' is monster bro. I'm 5'10'', and for me at 260 I think that's monster. Good luck man!

As for eating at work, if you have the ability to do so, go ahead. Me? I work a desk job as well, and I eat at work, 3 times actually. 10am, I have a Real Gains with 3tbsp PB. Lunch is another meal (today was 4oz chicken, 4oz ground beef, 6oz sweet potato), and then at 4:30 I'll eat the same meal again before I start home for the night. If your job permits it, then take advantage.

i work at a supplement shop, i am alone all day almost with random clients sometimes. i got a microwave and a fridge and blenders.

i just hate walking my food to work. im gonna have to stop being lazy and prepare my food in advance, make some sandwhichs like i did today

Aggression
12-04-08, 4:21 pm
i work at a supplement shop, i am alone all day almost with random clients sometimes. i got a microwave and a fridge and blenders.

i just hate walking my food to work. im gonna have to stop being lazy and prepare my food in advance, make some sandwhichs like i did today

Yeah bro, with my job, my entire day is the same shit, from when I wake up, til i go to sleep, 5 days a week. I make about 10lbs of ground beef on the weekends, along with a shitload of potatoes, rice, pasta. That way, during the week, its just a matter of measuring the food and throwing into a container the night before. gotta do what you gotta do to grow man.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 4:23 pm
Yeah bro, with my job, my entire day is the same shit, from when I wake up, til i go to sleep, 5 days a week. I make about 10lbs of ground beef on the weekends, along with a shitload of potatoes, rice, pasta. That way, during the week, its just a matter of measuring the food and throwing into a container the night before. gotta do what you gotta do to grow man.

i cant pre cook like that, i dont have fridge room cause i live at home with stupid people who save everything.... im debating whether or not i will just clear my fridge out or not now

i basically make things on the fly and eat it then.

Aggression
12-04-08, 4:30 pm
i cant pre cook like that, i dont have fridge room cause i live at home with stupid people who save everything.... im debating whether or not i will just clear my fridge out or not now

i basically make things on the fly and eat it then.

You only need a bit of room bro. I throw all my ground beef into a huge ziplock, same with potatoes. You get one tiny corner and you're good to go man. I bet you can find some shit in the fridge that needs to be thrown out. Fuck, this morning, I was searching through my pantry and found Hershey's Strawberry Syrup that expired in 2005 haha.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 4:32 pm
You only need a bit of room bro. I throw all my ground beef into a huge ziplock, same with potatoes. You get one tiny corner and you're good to go man. I bet you can find some shit in the fridge that needs to be thrown out. Fuck, this morning, I was searching through my pantry and found Hershey's Strawberry Syrup that expired in 2005 haha.

i guaranee you theres shit that has to go, but people just save it at my house. im cleaning it tonight lol!

lol, hershys

Aggression
12-04-08, 4:36 pm
i guaranee you theres shit that has to go, but people just save it at my house. im cleaning it tonight lol!

lol, hershys

HaHa yeah man, that shit was close to 4 years past it's prime. Part of me wanted to pour it into a cup to see what it looked like, but i decided against it. I also threw out the last remains of cottage cheese last night, where parts of the cheese had some red shit on it. But that stuff doesn't last more than a week once its opened. If I went through my freezer/fridge/pantry, I'd have probably about a hundred things to throw away. My mom has like 20 boxes of pasta in the pantry, and I KNOW there's frozen chicken breasts stashed in the back of the freezer that are easily 3 years old.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 4:59 pm
HaHa yeah man, that shit was close to 4 years past it's prime. Part of me wanted to pour it into a cup to see what it looked like, but i decided against it. I also threw out the last remains of cottage cheese last night, where parts of the cheese had some red shit on it. But that stuff doesn't last more than a week once its opened. If I went through my freezer/fridge/pantry, I'd have probably about a hundred things to throw away. My mom has like 20 boxes of pasta in the pantry, and I KNOW there's frozen chicken breasts stashed in the back of the freezer that are easily 3 years old.

lol

i have like 3 missing cottage cheeses somewhere in my fridge. like months old

Aggression
12-04-08, 5:00 pm
i have like 3 missing cottage cheeses somewhere in my fridge. like months old

bad news bro, bad news indeed.

J Wong
12-04-08, 5:56 pm
Nice job with the close grips man, soon you'll be close gripping a million pounds.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 5:57 pm
bad news bro, bad news indeed.

im NOT OPENING THEM! STRAIGHT IN THE TRASH

prowrestler
12-04-08, 5:57 pm
Nice job with the close grips man, soon you'll be close gripping a million pounds.

lol, looks like that!

im gonna start board pressing next wednesday. close grip board presses. im lookin to toy with 275 on the 2 board

J Wong
12-04-08, 6:00 pm
lol, looks like that!

im gonna start board pressing next wednesday. close grip board presses. im lookin to toy with 275 on the 2 board

I need to start working with something like boards, I think I'm going to use a phonebook. Wonder what that is equivalent to?

SQUAT or DIE!
12-04-08, 6:02 pm
I need to start working with something like boards, I think I'm going to use a phonebook. Wonder what that is equivalent to?

my boards are 1.75 inches thick, standard 2x4 thickness.. measure ur phone book

prowrestler
12-04-08, 6:28 pm
my boards are 1.75 inches thick, standard 2x4 thickness.. measure ur phone book

id bet its like a 2 board. sounds about right

SQUAT or DIE!
12-04-08, 6:29 pm
id bet its like a 2 board. sounds about right

shizz uses a phone book and he said its about a 2... so in that general area yeah

prowrestler
12-04-08, 6:29 pm

measure like what squat says

i read today they are 1.5, his are 1.75

its gonna be my first time using boards. i hope its good lol

prowrestler
12-04-08, 6:30 pm
shizz uses a phone book and he said its about a 2... so in that general area yeah

shizz uses the book still? i thought he got boards? oh well lol, same shit when it comes down to it

SQUAT or DIE!
12-04-08, 6:31 pm
shizz uses the book still? i thought he got boards? oh well lol, same shit when it comes down to it

last i saw he was still using the book.. i could have missed somethig

prowrestler
12-04-08, 6:32 pm
last i saw he was still using the book.. i could have missed somethig

i coulda seen something

its all good

shizz702
12-04-08, 6:33 pm
I got some boards from brick, but I did use the phone book a couple times, works just fine if you don't have any boards.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 6:48 pm
I got some boards from brick, but I did use the phone book a couple times, works just fine if you don't have any boards.

YES I WAS RIGHT!

LOL

well, im gonna be makeing my first boards this week end. its gonnaa be sick come wednesday!

scals
12-04-08, 11:26 pm
its gonna be my first time using boards. i hope its good lol

I hope it goes well for ya as well brother.

prowrestler
12-04-08, 11:33 pm
I hope it goes well for ya as well brother.

thanks man, it better fuck! i dont see why not, its gonna be fun

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:20 am
Good luck with them boards bro. Do some major weight.

Lunatic001
12-05-08, 11:20 am
Looking good bro! I really don't understand how Pwrlifters train but I just see numbers going up and up so it must be goine great!.....Keep training hard and smart!

prowrestler
12-05-08, 5:24 pm
Good luck with them boards bro. Do some major weight.

if its feels good, im lookin to begin with a 275 2 board for reps. thats my old normal bench max, i plan on close grippin that shit.

i still wanna take it slow and easy. my rehab is goin sick and it will continue that way or ill be damned

prowrestler
12-05-08, 5:24 pm
Looking good bro! I really don't understand how Pwrlifters train but I just see numbers going up and up so it must be goine great!.....Keep training hard and smart!

thanks

we train using math,science and physics!

gotta be smart to last in this

prowrestler
12-05-08, 5:30 pm
plan for DE SQUAT tonight

the box squats, last week i stay at 225 before uppin it.

accesory shit

speed sumo's for 7 singles

box step ups ala brock lesnar!

farmers

abs...whatever i feel like

T o m m Y
12-05-08, 5:31 pm
how you live sumo vs conv?

how wide of a stance do you take?

prowrestler
12-05-08, 5:36 pm
how you live sumo vs conv?

how wide of a stance do you take?

well how i li"K''e sumos vs conv...

meh, i wanna try more sumo cause i will have more potential this way, im a conv guy from experience but i only started sumos these past months (when i could) and i learned them.

easy shit, not to difficult, i do a hybrid sumo stance. basicaly a wide conv stance lol.

sometimes i go as wide as possible though. today is very light, just to say i pulled but for speed.

prowrestler
12-06-08, 1:23 am
DE SQUAT DAY

went way dif then what i thought in a good way!

low box squat

barx10
135x3
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2

speed pulls, conventional not sumo

135x3
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1
225x1

i had so much speed on these! i saw Andy Bolton deadlift for speed and was in aw. i had to do them. my lat felt 100% with this light weight. i was really quick. im way better conv. stance. good lesson

standing abs
hard pulley system standing ab pulldowns

75x12
90x10
105x4

these are tuff. i used the hardpulley system. i dont know why but all lifts are much more difficult using THAT pulley.

glute ham raises supersetted with reverse hypers

25 reps+ on the glute ham's and then 15 reps with the reverse hypers
that is a ball busting superset! really felt amazing! gonna do it more often!

good day, first set of squats sucked but whatever, the rest was good and i can deadlift again! wow! light,yes but i can work on my speed

SQUAT or DIE!
12-06-08, 1:27 am
not bad pro...

do you find it necessary to use a new line fore every set... LOL

prowrestler
12-06-08, 1:40 am
not bad pro...

do you find it necessary to use a new line fore every set... LOL

lol

why of course! i must be neat and organised!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-06-08, 1:41 am
fair enough

prowrestler
12-06-08, 1:43 am
fair enough

how do you do standing abs? what do you use? im finding it pretty uncomfortable

SQUAT or DIE!
12-06-08, 1:59 am
how do you do standing abs? what do you use? im finding it pretty uncomfortable

i use a high pulley with rope attachment...
stand back a lil bit so you dont hit your head on the pin.. and i bring my elbows down somewhere between mid thigh and knee level

prowrestler
12-06-08, 10:17 am
i use a high pulley with rope attachment...
stand back a lil bit so you dont hit your head on the pin.. and i bring my elbows down somewhere between mid thigh and knee level

ya, i think ill go back to that, my other pulley is just kinda odd.

simpleguy
12-06-08, 12:58 pm
solid job man... good to know you did some different stuff, seems you enjoyed the speed pulls

prowrestler
12-06-08, 1:16 pm
solid job man... good to know you did some different stuff, seems you enjoyed the speed pulls

yes i did man, i havent done deads in soo long cause of my lat injury but i think ill be back soon.

J Wong
12-07-08, 11:40 am
Good job man, good to see your speed is going up.

prowrestler
12-07-08, 2:46 pm
Good job man, good to see your speed is going up.

thanks lol, im back into speed pulls and putting the locker room on notice! (not quite yet lol)

prowrestler
12-07-08, 2:53 pm
DE BENCHIN commin up soon, so happy i didnt drink last night

i think ill do some speed benchs after my 185 rep work.

pyramid to 185 and do RE work, then ill drop to 135 and do speed benchs for the first time in a long time. my speed has improved on the big weights though. IM BACK!

then my new best friend, dumbell press with tucked elbows ( i wanna do the 100's but wont)
ill go up to 85's or 90's. depends on the pecy lol. its a sick rehab move. love it.

db pullovers, probably up to 85 but no more, take it slow.

my wide grip e-z skullcrushers

side delt/rear delt superset/dropsets i do

face pulls

yeeee

J Wong
12-07-08, 4:17 pm
Kill it tonight bro!

prowrestler
12-07-08, 4:58 pm
Kill it tonight bro!

murder will be more like it!

im prepping to leave now, wil be back to say how it went tonight

shizz702
12-07-08, 5:03 pm
Sick DE work bro

prowrestler
12-07-08, 5:19 pm
Sick DE work bro

thanks man

de squat day right lol?

shizz702
12-07-08, 5:21 pm
thanks man

de squat day right lol?

yep, I'm sure the DE bench will be sick as well lol!

prowrestler
12-07-08, 5:23 pm
yep, I'm sure the DE bench will be sick as well lol!

lol, lets hope!

i almost de benched my ME bench session, im tellin you, im rehabing great and my speed under heavy lifts is goin way up. its all that anger built up from missing the bench press for 5-6 months

shizz702
12-07-08, 5:24 pm
lol, lets hope!

i almost de benched my ME bench session, im tellin you, im rehabing great and my speed under heavy lifts is goin way up. its all that anger built up from missing the bench press for 5-6 months

lol, at least you're benching now so it's all good.

prowrestler
12-07-08, 5:27 pm
lol, at least you're benching now so it's all good.

wow, im only close grip pressing right now lol!

soon ill try my regular grip out. i give it a month

prowrestler
12-07-08, 10:48 pm
big day

DE BENCH

close grip bench press

(not for speed yet, cns warm up)
barx10
115x7
135x7
155x7
185x3
205x3
225x2(pr) not too hard, second rep went up slow cause i hit my racking pins on the way up!
(speed close grip bench)
135x3
135x3
135x3
135x3

i actually set a close grip rep record tonight and i was actually fast on the speed bench!
soon ill be doing more speed benching sets. it looks like the pec is healin great

plate loaded press, hammer grip

90lbs per sidex10
135x5
170x5
205x4

wide grip ez bar extensions

65x10
105x10
105x10

rope pressdowns

90x10
135x10
165x5
180x5
225x5(pr)

felt soooooo smooth it was odd!

biucep curls dumbell

40x15
40x15
40x6 drop to 15'sxpump out. all sets super strict

side delt raises

20'sxfailuire
20'sxfailure
20'sxfailure drop 10sxfailure

bent over laterals

15'sx10
15'sx10
15'sx10

db shrug

145'sx6(pr)

iron cross

20'sxnearly 1 minute(pr)

face pulls

180x12
180x12
180x12
180x12
180x12

prowrestler
12-08-08, 3:16 am
week 1 GM for a 5 rep max
week 2 Box squat for a 5 rep max
week 3 GM for a 3 rep max
week 4 box squat for a 3 rep max
Week 5 Box Squat for a 1 rep max
deload if you feel beat up, if not, dont deload
start over

reminder of cycle for myself. 5 rep max box squat tomorow. yay

Psycho77
12-08-08, 4:36 am
lol

why of course! i must be neat and organised!

now i feel like such a scatter brain when I type my workouts. solid workouts pro. definitely getting organized work done.

J Wong
12-08-08, 7:01 am
Nice speed day man. On week 5 of your box squat 1RM, I would like to see 455!!

scals
12-08-08, 10:38 am
Good work bro. Congrats on the PRs.

prowrestler
12-08-08, 1:37 pm
now i feel like such a scatter brain when I type my workouts. solid workouts pro. definitely getting organized work done.

lol
thanks man

prowrestler
12-08-08, 1:38 pm
Nice speed day man. On week 5 of your box squat 1RM, I would like to see 455!!

no, i think I would like to see it! well have to wait and see what happens, im switching boxes to a low box squat. for my 5 rep max today i just hope to hit 315 on the low box. im tellin ya, the 5rep max's are fuckin hard!

thanks

prowrestler
12-08-08, 1:39 pm
Good work bro. Congrats on the PRs.

thanks man, wasnt expecting to hit a rep pr on DE day but im happy!

scals
12-08-08, 10:53 pm
Nice to see Edge shave that nasty beard off his face.

prowrestler
12-08-08, 10:54 pm
Nice to see Edge shave that nasty beard off his face.

lmao! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

scals
12-08-08, 10:56 pm
Those assholes finally did something right naming Jericho Superstar of the Year.

prowrestler
12-08-08, 11:02 pm
ME SQUAT DAY

low box squat 5 rep max

barx10
135x5
225x5
275x59still easy)
315x5(yay, i hit goal!)
315x2 and bail!

ya, i was exhausted from the higher rep work, i re tried to do the 5 rep max with 315 and i paused on the low box for a while and had nothin left in the tank! looked around and dropped the bar off my back! SICK! i got a couple looks but i just made it look casual!

conv deadlifts!

225x5
225x5
225x15
225x15
225x15
300x3
300x3
300x3
300x3

1 inch platform stiff legged

225x15
225x15
225x15

HOLLY SHIT! that made me breath heavy! that totaled my lowerback and hams so nicley!

csn you tell i missed deadlifting? so i tested my lat and it was good under 300lbs. i did notice some discomfort on set 3 and 4 though.

glute ham raise super setted with reverse hypers

25 reps/45lbsx7 reps
25reps/12 reps

puker if i had a week stomach

standing ab pulldowns,normal pulley

60xalot
105x10
150x10
180x10
225x10(pr)

nice, i can stack it now!

so that was it.

post workout was 80 grams whey and 140 carbs,simple carb. 2 shakes done 15 mins apart

prowrestler
12-08-08, 11:03 pm
Those assholes finally did something right naming Jericho Superstar of the Year.

ya but the slammys are fixed lol! its part of the show

id agree though, jericho has given wwe a great push

J Wong
12-08-08, 11:07 pm
Good session man, good job on 315x5, and I'm like the volume on those deads.

scals
12-08-08, 11:08 pm
Real nice session bro.

prowrestler
12-08-08, 11:11 pm
Good session man, good job on 315x5, and I'm like the volume on those deads.

its odd, the 315x5 "easy" if you could say that. like, i probably coulda done 7.

then i retried it and was just to winded and filled with lactic acid, im tellin you, this higher rep shit is killin me!

the deadlifts where missing me so i devoted a good amount of attention with them. in a relationship, its all about spending time with one another!

prowrestler
12-08-08, 11:12 pm
Real nice session bro.

thanks man

the highlight was the switch from squats to deads, i just throw the bar off my back and voila!

prowrestler
12-08-08, 11:12 pm
ME SQUAT DAY

low box squat 5 rep max

barx10
135x5
225x5
275x59still easy)
315x5(yay, i hit goal!)
315x2 and bail!

ya, i was exhausted from the higher rep work, i re tried to do the 5 rep max with 315 and i paused on the low box for a while and had nothin left in the tank! looked around and dropped the bar off my back! SICK! i got a couple looks but i just made it look casual!

conv deadlifts!

225x5
225x5
225x15
225x15
225x15
300x3
300x3
300x3
300x3

1 inch platform stiff legged

225x15
225x15
225x15

HOLLY SHIT! that made me breath heavy! that totaled my lowerback and hams so nicley!

csn you tell i missed deadlifting? so i tested my lat and it was good under 300lbs. i did notice some discomfort on set 3 and 4 though.

glute ham raise super setted with reverse hypers

25 reps/45lbsx7 reps
25reps/12 reps

puker if i had a week stomach

standing ab pulldowns,normal pulley

60xalot
105x10
150x10
180x10
225x10(pr)

nice, i can stack it now!

so that was it.

post workout was 80 grams whey and 140 carbs,simple carb. 2 shakes done 15 mins apart

i should prob bump this

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-09-08, 12:10 am
nice workout pro.. glad to see you're easing it back into pulling.

prowrestler
12-09-08, 12:35 am
nice workout pro.. glad to see you're easing it back into pulling.

im gonna take it slow this time. just give it some nice blood flow and now i can work on good form vs grip n' rip!

thanks man

prowrestler
12-09-08, 2:21 pm
boards being made in a few hours

i got alot of variety at home, im gonna stick with the 2x4's. probably make a 1 board and then a 2 board. next weekend ill buy some more 2x4's and make a 3 board and 4 board.

should be good to go by tomorow and i got my training partner back! what perfect timing lol!

and im no gonna take an extra finger length wider on the barbell when using the 1 board and 2 board tomorow. its a small progression to my regular width but over 1 month, ill be very close to it.

i wanna work the triceps heavier these days too. i found im strong off the chest but loose it at about 2/3's the way up. i havent missed a single rep but that would be my sticky point.

prowrestler
12-09-08, 2:24 pm
225x5 close grip bench

315x1 2 board ( 1 finger wider then close grip still)
275x1 1 board ( 1 finger wider then close grip still)

245x1 close grip bench

100 pound dumbell tucked press, 3-5 reps

these are to be acheived by 2009. pretty simple.

simpleguy
12-09-08, 2:29 pm
solid workout man, those 3 sets of 15 reps on the stiff-leg deads must have hurt... also good luck with the bench goals you've set

prowrestler
12-09-08, 2:39 pm
solid workout man, those 3 sets of 15 reps on the stiff-leg deads must have hurt... also good luck with the bench goals you've set

thanks

they did hurt, more so now when i bend over lol

there easy goals i think, 315 on the 2 board still makes me wonder but you never know. ill have to see how good i am on board tomorow

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:17 am
heres me in the summer of 2003, before i picked up training.

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=2.jpg

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=lolatme.jpg

i am telling myself a message i never knew would matter in the second picture.

heres me in june, 2008.

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=027.jpg

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=028.jpg

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=031.jpg
http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=032.jpg

i did my eating

those original pics i was 110lbs at most and the last ones i was 185ish.

now im 195 pounds and leaner.

hope this can make people laugh and maybe inspire begginners and prove genetics are limitations only in a limited mind.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 12:30 am
ROFL 5 years ago i would have wiped my ass with you.. these days id rather not mess with one who can body slam me.... come along way pro..

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:34 am
ROFL 5 years ago i would have wiped my ass with you.. these days id rather not mess with one who can body slam me.... come along way pro..

lol

i wish i was eating alot for my first 2 years of training. it was kinda "eat what mommy brings home".....then i got a job!

thanks, 110-195 now and leaner ( new pics i was 183)

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 12:36 am
dude ive always eaten a ton- obviously!

so thats never been an issue, but training consistancy over the last 5 yrs has been.. but now im good to go..

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:41 am
dude ive always eaten a ton- obviously!

so thats never been an issue, but training consistancy over the last 5 yrs has been.. but now im good to go..

i wish i ate for the first 13.75 years of my life :(

now we are both good to go, go hit a 1450 total on saturday, and i think i can hit a 1455-1505 depending on my squat and bench ( and undershooting my dead so who knows?)

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 12:44 am
mmm 1450.. crap man im starting to go into uber diet mode tonight, diauretics, sodium depleting, dehydration. perhaps tomorrow ill throw on a garbage bag under my sweats..

T o m m Y
12-10-08, 12:48 am
Yeah,bag under them and go sit in your car with the heat on full blast for like 30-45 mins

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:48 am
mmm 1450.. crap man im starting to go into uber diet mode tonight, diauretics, sodium depleting, dehydration. perhaps tomorrow ill throw on a garbage bag under my sweats..

lets see if you can make that weight drop in time with all that shit

sounds harsh

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 12:51 am
lets see if you can make that weight drop in time with all that shit

sounds harsh

yeah im gonna hate life for a while... but i gotta do it.. next time im so 308n it up

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:53 am
yeah im gonna hate life for a while... but i gotta do it.. next time im so 308n it up

ryan kennely style!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 12:56 am
slightly less ripped and only a few lbs weaker

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:00 am
slightly less ripped and only a few lbs weaker

lol, ya you benched what in your last meet?

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-10-08, 1:02 am
i wish i ate for the first 13.75 years of my life :(

now we are both good to go, go hit a 1450 total on saturday, and i think i can hit a 1455-1505 depending on my squat and bench ( and undershooting my dead so who knows?)

1455-1505 total??? thats killer, what do u think ull be doing the bench and squat

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 1:02 am
330- but a change of form and some eating and its up about 100lbs..

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:06 am
1455-1505 total??? thats killer, what do u think ull be doing the bench and squat

bench i realised i might be able to pull a record there, im gunnin for 421(record is 420)
i aint rushin it in, when im ready, im going. i realsied im probably a good bencher and i made a great rebound back from my injury earlyer then i expected.

im saying

400+ bench
605+ deadlift minumum
500 squat ( this could go either way, could be easy, could be damn hard)

the bench is far but i can see it happening.

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:06 am
330- but a change of form and some eating and its up about 100lbs..

try 1000 and your in kennelys feild lol!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 1:08 am
RIIIIGHT!!! give me a few years and some illegal stuff and well talk

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:08 am
RIIIIGHT!!! give me a few years and some illegal stuff and well talk

deal!

and i still wish you good luck!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-10-08, 1:09 am
bench i realised i might be able to pull a record there, im gunnin for 421(record is 420)
i aint rushin it in, when im ready, im going. i realsied im probably a good bencher and i made a great rebound back from my injury earlyer then i expected.

im saying

400+ bench
605+ deadlift minumum
500 squat ( this could go either way, could be easy, could be damn hard)

the bench is far but i can see it happening.

interesting bro

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 1:10 am
i dont need good luck... i need a miracle and the best luck ever to get near that status

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:12 am
interesting bro

im hopeing for an injury free year and lets see what happens!

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:12 am
i dont need good luck... i need a miracle and the best luck ever to get near that status

hmm, that i cant get you lol but i can wish for you!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 1:13 am
im hopeing for an injury free year and lets see what happens!

it seems youve had a few years worth of injuries in 1 yr.. so you should be set for a while

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:16 am
it seems youve had a few years worth of injuries in 1 yr.. so you should be set for a while

im counting on it lol

all these set backs and restraints. I WANNA BE FREE!!!!!!!!

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 1:17 am
LOL well i wish you good health in 09

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:32 am
LOL well i wish you good health in 09

thanks man, same to u

so im lookin at the rceords

377 is the provincial bench record
400 is the canadian

i got that shit! WOOOOO

squat records

435 provincial
605 canadain

i can set the provincial record i guess

deadlift

520 provincial
600 canadain

i got both!

totals

945 provincial (sad)
1550 (fuck off)

i think i should compete in the canadains and really set a name for myself. i got the deadlift and the bench and probably the total if my squatting goes good

the class is 220lb, 18-19 year old.

Mizzarler
12-10-08, 3:09 am
ME SQUAT DAY

low box squat 5 rep max

barx10
135x5
225x5
275x59still easy)
315x5(yay, i hit goal!)
315x2 and bail!

awesome progress man, your legs are huge!!! bigger than mine...and was it supposed to be 275 x 59!!? or 5?, congrats on the 315 x 5!!!!!

shizz702
12-10-08, 6:15 am
Damn good job on that low box squatting bro! 315 is heavy shit on a low box like that.

Aggression
12-10-08, 9:50 am
thanks man, same to u

400 is the canadian

i got that shit! WOOOOO

squat records

435 provincial
605 canadain

deadlift

520 provincial
600 canadain

i got both!

totals

945 provincial (sad)
1550 (fuck off)

i think i should compete in the canadains and really set a name for myself. i got the deadlift and the bench and probably the total if my squatting goes good

That sounds great man, good luck with that. Smash those records.

Psycho77
12-10-08, 11:02 am
thanks man, same to u

400 is the canadian

i got that shit! WOOOOO

squat records

435 provincial
605 canadain

deadlift

520 provincial
600 canadain

i got both!

totals

945 provincial (sad)
1550 (fuck off)

records are made to be broken......go make yours!

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:44 pm
awesome progress man, your legs are huge!!! bigger than mine...and was it supposed to be 275 x 59!!? or 5?, congrats on the 315 x 5!!!!!

lol, hell no, i got terrible weight endurance, the 9 = ( lol

thanks man, my goal was 315x5 so im happy!

who knew id grow up to be a big legged man?

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:46 pm
Damn good job on that low box squatting bro! 315 is heavy shit on a low box like that.

it was tuff ya but i am use to squatting on it from DE days. it nt my lowest box it but its the 1 inch below box.

i actually got a pump lol! i havent got a pump in the legs in a while!

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:47 pm
records are made to be broken......go make yours!

some of them havent been since 1993! im goin out there with an eraser as a symbol lol

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:48 pm
That sounds great man, good luck with that. Smash those records.

im gonna give it all in my taining this year and hope for an injury free season, then they are mine!

prowrestler
12-10-08, 12:49 pm

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=lolatme.jpg

heres me in june, 2008.

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=027.jpg

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=028.jpg

http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=031.jpg
http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m368/ProWrestlerr/?action=view&current=032.jpg

i did my eating

hope this can make people laugh and maybe inspire begginners and prove genetics are limitations only in a limited mind.

incase anyone missed it!

Lunatic001
12-10-08, 1:08 pm
WOW! bro....nice job...your dedication has really payed off!

Aggression
12-10-08, 1:10 pm
Awesome before and afters bro. Traditional 'from nothing to something' scenario. This inspires me. Besides the pic that naturalguy put up of me at the ABC, I have no recent pics (bodybuilding wise). I'm going to take from fresh ones this weekend, and see if I can dig up some old pics from before I started. I have a few from freshmen basketball in HS, they were hilarious. I'll post them up this weekend ...

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:17 pm
Awesome before and afters bro. Traditional 'from nothing to something' scenario. This inspires me. Besides the pic that naturalguy put up of me at the ABC, I have no recent pics (bodybuilding wise). I'm going to take from fresh ones this weekend, and see if I can dig up some old pics from before I started. I have a few from freshmen basketball in HS, they were hilarious. I'll post them up this weekend ...

thanks

lol sweet man, ex b ball player! gotta have some skinny pics!

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:17 pm
WOW! bro....nice job...your dedication has really payed off!

thanks man

i think i got a little bit bigger since those first pics lol!

Lunatic001
12-10-08, 1:20 pm
thanks man

i think i got a little bit bigger since those first pics lol!

a little bit bigger is a understatement! nice progress keep it up bro!

prowrestler
12-10-08, 1:23 pm
a little bit bigger is a understatement! nice progress keep it up bro!

another 65 pounds from now and 75 from the pics and ill be happy!

goal is 260 at 5 foot 7

prowrestler
12-11-08, 12:17 am
ME BENCH

close grip bench

barx10
115x7
135x7
155x5
185x3
205x3...( might have hurt my other pec.)
1 board added
205x did not attempt after all. i realised i could hurt myself and that was that

great, i fall flat on my face walkin to the gym in traffic, wait an extra 2 hours for my training partner to get there, possibly injured my other pec and i didnt even use my board that made me come in to work late.

i dont think its hurt bad, just achy. it didnt have that ripping feeling, just after my set it felt achy. so i backed off it.

wide grip ez extensions

85x10
85x10

rolling dumbell ext.

25'sx20
35'sx10
45'sx6

rope pressdowns

65x20
110x10
170x6
225x6(pr)
225x5
210x7(pr)

so something went ok

side dlet raises

20'sx20
30'sx12
35'sx8 drop to 20'sx4 suppersetted with bent over lateral, 10'sx12

dumbell curls

30'sx12
35'sx12
done superstrict

im pissed off

SQUAT or DIE!
12-11-08, 12:18 am
not to bad pro...

prowrestler
12-11-08, 12:21 am
not to bad pro...

id safley say a terrible day overal

SQUAT or DIE!
12-11-08, 12:22 am
just dont hurt urself!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-11-08, 12:31 am
its probably just some kind of slight straight or soreness from not doing the presses so often. I dont know, just my two cents..

Always make sure you are properly warmed up...ive learned that one big time

prowrestler
12-11-08, 12:36 am
its probably just some kind of slight straight or soreness from not doing the presses so often. I dont know, just my two cents..

Always make sure you are properly warmed up...ive learned that one big time

if im hurt again man, im gonna have to do alot of thinking and i guess you could say soul serching. i might call my meet off. im in a bad state of mind right now

im happy i didnt feel it "rip"

prowrestler
12-11-08, 12:36 am
just dont hurt urself!

if i do, i donno what im gona do anymore

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-11-08, 12:40 am
if im hurt again man, im gonna have to do alot of thinking and i guess you could say soul serching. i might call my meet off. im in a bad state of mind right now

im happy i didnt feel it "rip"

if it turns out its worse than expected, swallow your ego, and take the needed time to fully recover than injury, and come back fresh and ready to tear it up again.

make sure u seek propper treatment for it. there is still plenty of time between now and that meet in October, no reason to call it off. just get healed up

prowrestler
12-11-08, 1:13 am
if it turns out its worse than expected, swallow your ego, and take the needed time to fully recover than injury, and come back fresh and ready to tear it up again.

make sure u seek propper treatment for it. there is still plenty of time between now and that meet in October, no reason to call it off. just get healed up

im probably gonnna push the meet to like winter cause im doing all 3 lifts vs just deadlifting.

i need to go see a fuckin doctor

i cant describe the feelings im getting now. like, quitting has come across my thoughts. im loosing alll motivation, loosing the will to eat and stuff. im fuckin pissed

Psycho77
12-11-08, 7:12 am
ME BENCH

close grip bench

barx10
115x7
135x7
155x5
185x3
205x3...( might have hurt my other pec.)
1 board added
205x did not attempt after all. i realised i could hurt myself and that was that

great, i fall flat on my face walkin to the gym in traffic, wait an extra 2 hours for my training partner to get there, possibly injured my other pec and i didnt even use my board that made me come in to work late.

i dont think its hurt bad, just achy. it didnt have that ripping feeling, just after my set it felt achy. so i backed off it.

wide grip ez extensions

85x10
85x10

rolling dumbell ext.

25'sx20
35'sx10
45'sx6

rope pressdowns

65x20
110x10
170x6
225x6(pr)
225x5
210x7(pr)

so something went ok

side dlet raises

20'sx20
30'sx12
35'sx8 drop to 20'sx4 suppersetted with bent over lateral, 10'sx12

dumbell curls

30'sx12
35'sx12
done superstrict

im pissed off

solid workout considering the pec thing. don't you just hate pec injuries? they suck big time.

Aggression
12-11-08, 9:32 am
im probably gonnna push the meet to like winter cause im doing all 3 lifts vs just deadlifting.

i need to go see a fuckin doctor

i cant describe the feelings im getting now. like, quitting has come across my thoughts. im loosing alll motivation, loosing the will to eat and stuff. im fuckin pissed

Stay mentally strong here man. These are the times that turn a boy into a man. Set backs suck, but its the journey to the end that makes it worth while. It'll be even sweeter when you break them records knowing all the shit (injuries) you had to endure while getting there.

If you lose motivation, you know where to come to bro .... we'll always be here for ya.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Aggression
12-11-08, 9:54 am
thanks

lol sweet man, ex b ball player! gotta have some skinny pics!

Found those bball pics bro. They're bad haha. I'll try to see if I can work my scanner this weekend and I'll post them up along with some recent pics.

shizz702
12-11-08, 10:00 am
You can't fucking quit you got records to set! Keep eating and lifting bro, you are destined for greatness in this game!

IRBS
12-11-08, 10:32 am
LOL, you're pec is fine...stop acting like a whiny baby talking about not doing a meet that is what, 9 months away? Give me a break. I just bombed out of meet and I am already lifting again preparing for my next meet in March. I hit PRs on squats and deadlifts Tuesday night. I didn't sulk or make excuses, I got my ass to the gym and started thinking about March.

You're not injured, you're making excuses. I've got a list of injuries a mile long, but I guess I want it worse than you do.

Maybe you're just not cut out for this...maybe you just can't handle stepping on a platform to be judged on your lifts...maybe you should find another hobby, because you make too many excuses. Either man up and start training or shut up and find a new hobby.

That's my 2 cents,
IRBS

prowrestler
12-11-08, 1:34 pm
LOL, you're pec is fine...stop acting like a whiny baby talking about not doing a meet that is what, 9 months away? Give me a break. I just bombed out of meet and I am already lifting again preparing for my next meet in March. I hit PRs on squats and deadlifts Tuesday night. I didn't sulk or make excuses, I got my ass to the gym and started thinking about March.

You're not injured, you're making excuses. I've got a list of injuries a mile long, but I guess I want it worse than you do.

Maybe you're just not cut out for this...maybe you just can't handle stepping on a platform to be judged on your lifts...maybe you should find another hobby, because you make too many excuses. Either man up and start training or shut up and find a new hobby.

That's my 2 cents,
IRBS

its gonna be injury number 5 in less then a year. i am fealing im not cut out for this at this point, i do think im re injured again, its still hurting like it was yesterday. every fucking time im ready to come back, something happens that stops me. mentally, this is fucking with my head. i wanted to compete but i really doubt its gonna happen anymore. its impossible for me to stay injury free and make any consistent progress. it took like 6 months to be able to come back from the other pec and now this one... no way can i bench in 9 months.

it may come down to competeing deadlift only at this point.

ghost
12-11-08, 1:34 pm

That's my 2 cents,
IRBS

Amen brother, he wants to drop out, let him... one less competitor for us to knock out of the way on our road to victory.

You think you are injured? Let me cut off a couple of your fingers and then see how you lift.... dont make excuses, fucking knock that shit off.

Yeah, i am mean, yeah im fuckin swearing at you, but from what i am reading, you need it.

Like my brother IRBS said, Man up and start training or shut up and find a new hobby.

prowrestler
12-11-08, 1:35 pm
solid workout considering the pec thing. don't you just hate pec injuries? they suck big time.

i just came back from one lol and then the other one goes lol!

prowrestler
12-11-08, 1:36 pm
Stay mentally strong here man. These are the times that turn a boy into a man. Set backs suck, but its the journey to the end that makes it worth while. It'll be even sweeter when you break them records knowing all the shit (injuries) you had to endure while getting there.

If you lose motivation, you know where to come to bro .... we'll always be here for ya.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

im just counting on that it heels by this sunday so i can bench again

prowrestler
12-11-08, 1:44 pm
Amen brother, he wants to drop out, let him... one less competitor for us to knock out of the way on our road to victory.

You think you are injured? Let me cut off a couple of your fingers and then see how you lift.... dont make excuses, fucking knock that shit off.

Yeah, i am mean, yeah im fuckin swearing at you, but from what i am reading, you need it.

Like my brother IRBS said, Man up and start training or shut up and find a new hobby.

its what im lookin for, im lookin for motivation at this point alot but how the fuck am i suppose to make progress when im always sitting on the injured list.

id love to train, i show up every time, i fell flat on my face on the road cause of the ice and busted open my knee walkin to the gym, i still trained, i very likley injured my other pec now and i still trained what i could. so no, i dont agree with im makeing excuses and no, i dont think i need to shut up and train, im just being real hear and am realising im falling off course with all these set backs. there not excuses. go and bench press with an injured pec, or how about deadlifting with a pulled lat. its just not gonna happen.

prowrestler
12-11-08, 1:50 pm
You can't fucking quit you got records to set! Keep eating and lifting bro, you are destined for greatness in this game!

im mentally feeling better now, i dont see myself quitting anymore. i did last night when i was thinking things threw.

i slept on it and realised something, i didnt waste my entire high school social life, i didnt waste away friendships, i didnt put all those years in the gym and i didnt eat all the food i did for nothing, just to stop now.

if i truely cant benchpress, i will now officaly be a deadlift only competitor. maybe its what i need too. maybe i need a long time off from benching. i might be not truely recovered from it and its my bodys way of tellin me something.

so maybe a season of deadlift only competeing is what i need.

i am also thinking of switching to strong man toavoid the bench press and work on my shoudler pressing. i am short though so thats a disdvantage but i honestly do not want to leave the strength side of weight lifting. if im not cut out for powerlifting in the end, im switching over to strong man. see how it works for me

simpleguy
12-11-08, 1:55 pm
sup man... that transformation was great, don't know how many can come up with those kind of before-after pics to the table... I'm also digging the stretch marks, I wish I had some lol

anyway, here's my two cents about the pec... be smart about it, if it really hurts (meaning that you just can't press the fucker), it's foolish to bench right this week... you're always gonna encounter obstacles... the more you get past the stronger you get; just don't make something which might set you back months

if anything look for some professional advice regarding the injury... good luck man, train smart

ghost
12-11-08, 1:58 pm
its what im lookin for, im lookin for motivation at this point alot but how the fuck am i suppose to make progress when im always sitting on the injured list.

id love to train, i show up every time, i fell flat on my face on the road cause of the ice and busted open my knee walkin to the gym, i still trained, i very likley injured my other pec now and i still trained what i could. so no, i dont agree with im makeing excuses and no, i dont think i need to shut up and train, im just being real hear and am realising im falling off course with all these set backs. there not excuses. go and bench press with an injured pec, or how about deadlifting with a pulled lat. its just not gonna happen.

Show me films, prove to me that it is an ACTUAL PHYSICAL injury. other than that, get your head out of your ass and fucking push the weight.

you want an injury list, i have one ... i have torn miniscus in my right knee, fuct up ankle on my left foot, missing 2 fingers on my right hand, esophogial cancer, half dead, you want me to go on... do you hear me bitching,
no, you see me doing static holds at 1125. you see my shrugging 855.

move your ass and dont make fucking excuses

prowrestler
12-11-08, 2:01 pm
sup man... that transformation was great, don't know how many can come up with those kind of before-after pics to the table... I'm also digging the stretch marks, I wish I had some lol

anyway, here's my two cents about the pec... be smart about it, if it really hurts (meaning that you just can't press the fucker), it's foolish to bench right this week... you're always gonna encounter obstacles... the more you get past the stronger you get; just don't make something which might set you back months

if anything look for some professional advice regarding the injury... good luck man, train smart

i got more stretch marks now, that after pic was 6 months ago and 12 pounds ago lol

im gonna play it smart. it may just take a few days for this one. im really hopeing it is ok. im gonna get an mri done on it soon. well, so i say but if i actully go...thats a different story lol! something always comes up when i have my doctor date set. ALWAYS LOL.

if i cant bench press, ill do some pullover rehab exercises

prowrestler
12-11-08, 2:12 pm
Show me films, prove to me that it is an ACTUAL PHYSICAL injury. other than that, get your head out of your ass and fucking push the weight.

you want an injury list, i have one ... i have torn miniscus in my right knee, fuct up ankle on my left foot, missing 2 fingers on my right hand, esophogial cancer, half dead, you want me to go on... do you hear me bitching,
no, you see me doing static holds at 1125. you see my shrugging 855.

move your ass and dont make fucking excuses

ok, ill psuh the weight and injure myself further...makes sence

no i dont want an injury list. i never asked for one.

im not makeing excuses, im just trying to be real here for a minute. im trying to find out what is goin on with myself. why am i getting injured so often. look, i respect you makeing progress through your injurys, but mine just keep popping up and up and right when i can return, it happens again.

if i find the solution, i can finally make progress and actually reach my potential.
look, benching right now is fuckin idiotic, i know what a pec strain feels like, i use to just train threw it like you guys are telling me to do, i can remember vividly the feeling of my pec tearing, like peeling an orange.

i played it smart last night and called it a day for the bench and moved on to accesory work.

i could have done bad damage to it but trained smart. MAYBE its just a bit tender now and will be ready to go in a mater of days. if it is, ill be the happiest son of a bitch in town. i love to train, i hate off days. dont judge me if you dont know me. im not a bitcher, i have to walk all of my grocerys home for 40 mins every other day in the freezing weather and on icy ass roads but i do it 3 times a week and i dont care. i gotta walk to work every day in the same conditions for 35 mins there and back. i dont complain. its part of what i need to do. its part ofthe lifestyle i chose

brandonA
12-11-08, 3:34 pm
At some point in our training we all have get little bumps, bruises, pains, etc....When you get hurt repeatedly in a short period of time, you must take the time to figure out what you are doing wrong. This shit dont just happen for no reason. We all have to check the ego and examine what we are doing, feel me??

Nothing wrong with backing off when something dont feel right, we all do it from time to time. I pulled in my 1st meet with a fucked up back, had to keep my belt on driving home...Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but I did it......

Remember this line from "The Program"...."Are you hurt or are you injured?"

-B

prowrestler
12-11-08, 3:55 pm
At some point in our training we all have get little bumps, bruises, pains, etc....When you get hurt repeatedly in a short period of time, you must take the time to figure out what you are doing wrong. This shit dont just happen for no reason. We all have to check the ego and examine what we are doing, feel me??

Nothing wrong with backing off when something dont feel right, we all do it from time to time. I pulled in my 1st meet with a fucked up back, had to keep my belt on driving home...Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but I did it......

Remember this line from "The Program"...."Are you hurt or are you injured?"

-B

thanks for the advise man, i need to find out what is going on. thats all.
i know the feeling of lifting threw pain too man, it ended worse then it should have if i just let myself heal up.

good line.

prowrestler
12-11-08, 5:28 pm
so indeed I AM HURT. got it checked out and i have strains near the tendon. thankfully i was intelligent last night and used my head and backed off when i did.

it could be 2-6 weeks and i may be back to benching, if i did push through, the doctor said its likley i would have had a pulled pectoral and been out from upper body work for 6+ months.

well, now that i know, heres my plan for avoiding injuries.

a full body blood pump with 5 mins of cardio and then some very light power cleans and deads before all workouts. in winter in canada, it gets damn cold so it will take more to warm up good.

do flys before benching

do 3 high rep sets of benching before addin on weight.

build more muscle mass in the pectorals and tendons.

Psycho77
12-11-08, 7:25 pm
so indeed I AM HURT. got it checked out and i have strains near the tendon. thankfully i was intelligent last night and used my head and backed off when i did.

it could be 2-6 weeks and i may be back to benching, if i did push through, the doctor said its likley i would have had a pulled pectoral and been out from upper body work for 6+ months.

well, now that i know, heres my plan for avoiding injuries.

a full body blood pump with 5 mins of cardio and then some very light power cleans and deads before all workouts. in winter in canada, it gets damn cold so it will take more to warm up good.

do flys before benching

do 3 high rep sets of benching before addin on weight.

build more muscle mass in the pectorals and tendons.

Wise move you made bro, to hold out on the benches when you did. Heal up and get back in the game. The iron will always be there.

prowrestler
12-11-08, 7:31 pm
Wise move you made bro, to hold out on the benches when you did. Heal up and get back in the game. The iron will always be there.

i learned that i gotta listen to my body and not what people say.

soon ill have the deadlift back and make some progress in that. i can do lighter pulling now thank god!

look, worst comes to worst, ill only compete in the deadlift and that is the record i want the most.

diesel1976
12-12-08, 12:10 am
My best advice is to train chest without the barbell flat bench press for awhile. I didnt do it for a couple years when I was always having hurt shoulders and pecs and I got very good at inclines and db work, got rid of the pain and came back to be benching more after all that.

prowrestler
12-12-08, 12:12 am
My best advice is to train chest without the barbell flat bench press for awhile. I didnt do it for a couple years when I was always having hurt shoulders and pecs and I got very good at inclines and db work, got rid of the pain and came back to be benching more after all that.

i think i need to focus on a more "body building" pec routine. i think the weights are climbing too fast for my pec muscles.

the dumbell version felt amazing, as do pullovers. ill do those for a while and do ME overhead pressing for a bit instead

diesel1976
12-12-08, 12:15 am
i think i need to focus on a more "body building" pec routine. i think the weights are climbing too fast for my pec muscles.

the dumbell version felt amazing, as do pullovers. ill do those for a while and do ME overhead pressing for a bit instead

There you go. That will work and ME overhead will do wonders for your bench in the long run anyway.

prowrestler
12-12-08, 12:19 am
There you go. That will work and ME overhead will do wonders for your bench in the long run anyway.

it already has dude, my best close grip press was 185x4 with spot on all reps so no clue really,

i did an easy double with 225 after doing my ME overhead press. i know what your talkin about!

thats the plan, got any strong man moves from your old days i can do for ME PRESS day dude?

diesel1976
12-12-08, 12:50 am
it already has dude, my best close grip press was 185x4 with spot on all reps so no clue really,

i did an easy double with 225 after doing my ME overhead press. i know what your talkin about!

thats the plan, got any strong man moves from your old days i can do for ME PRESS day dude?

Log clean and Press, All kinds of shrugs, bradford presses, Behind the neck standing press, Im sure Ill think of more and let you know.

prowrestler
12-12-08, 12:51 am
Log clean and Press, All kinds of shrugs, bradford presses, Behind the neck standing press, Im sure Ill think of more and let you know.

i dont have a log, but they sound sick

thanks dude

diesel1976
12-12-08, 1:06 am
I made mine with a piece of 8" pipefitter's pipe, welded handles inside and welded extensions into the ends of the pipe to add weight.

prowrestler
12-12-08, 1:08 am
I made mine with a piece of 8" pipefitter's pipe, welded handles inside and welded extensions into the ends of the pipe to add weight.

sick!!!

i train at a gym though lol, i guess ill have to settle for a straight oly bar

diesel1976
12-12-08, 1:11 am
sick!!!

i train at a gym though lol, i guess ill have to settle for a straight oly bar

Yeah, I had/have a garage full of strongman toys. I used to do one week of event training in my yard alternated with one week of gym lifts and endurance work.

prowrestler
12-12-08, 1:17 am
Yeah, I had/have a garage full of strongman toys. I used to do one week of event training in my yard alternated with one week of gym lifts and endurance work.

cool dude, the atlas stones to and stuff?

strong man looks sick, id def wanna get my hands into that one day, to bad im a midjet at 5 foot 7 lol

diesel1976
12-12-08, 1:27 am
cool dude, the atlas stones to and stuff?

strong man looks sick, id def wanna get my hands into that one day, to bad im a midjet at 5 foot 7 lol

There has been a few successfull short strongmen. You just have to approach certain events a little differently than your long armed competitiors. Have stones, 3 tires (600/775/ and 900 pounds), Log, 250 pound farmer's walk apparatus, a made up husafeld stone replica, a harness for pulling trucks, all that good shit. Its a fun way to train full body strength and power.

prowrestler
12-12-08, 1:43 am
There has been a few successfull short strongmen. You just have to approach certain events a little differently than your long armed competitiors. Have stones, 3 tires (600/775/ and 900 pounds), Log, 250 pound farmer's walk apparatus, a made up husafeld stone replica, a harness for pulling trucks, all that good shit. Its a fun way to train full body strength and power.

hell ya! i wanted to try it out for mass actually lol!

i like farmers walks alot. crazy grip strength those guys got

i can see being short hard for the atlas stone events

diesel1976
12-12-08, 2:41 am
hell ya! i wanted to try it out for mass actually lol!

i like farmers walks alot. crazy grip strength those guys got

i can see being short hard for the atlas stone events

Yeah, the stones are still doable. Most of my mass has been accumulated due to strongman training for all those years. It will make you big

Psycho77
12-12-08, 4:57 am
Yeah, the stones are still doable. Most of my mass has been accumulated due to strongman training for all those years. It will make you big

Interesting bro. Very intersting.

simpleguy
12-12-08, 7:42 am
smart move on taking the time to warm-up man ... I'm kinda in the same boat as you, where I live it's pretty damn cold, and even that 15-20 min walk to the gym makes me a bit... cold, so I gotta warm-up thoroughly

prowrestler
12-12-08, 4:03 pm
smart move on taking the time to warm-up man ... I'm kinda in the same boat as you, where I live it's pretty damn cold, and even that 15-20 min walk to the gym makes me a bit... cold, so I gotta warm-up thoroughly

i got a 35 minute walk in -20 weather lol!!!

yep, its what im gonna need to do to stay away from injury

prowrestler
12-12-08, 4:04 pm

forearms on those guys are off the hook too!

i need forearms dude badly lol! so im gonna include heavy farmers on my DE squat days

DeathBeforeDishonor
12-12-08, 6:05 pm

heres me in june, 2008.

i did my eating

HAHA well Bro you have certainly come along way!

Why does Canada have to be so cold ! i swear i saw icicles inside the gym today took me 20 mins of cardio before i could feel my hands!

prowrestler
12-12-08, 6:06 pm
DE SQUAT plan...i hope it actually goes down like this lol!

i may be wrestling too afterwords. have to see.

DE box squat, 8-12 singles

speed pulls, 8 singles

block stiff legs, 3 sets

farmers walks, 2 sets

will be reading on elitefts.com and if i pick up something cool, may add it

prowrestler
12-12-08, 6:08 pm
HAHA well Bro you have certainly come along way!

Why does Canada have to be so cold ! i swear i saw icicles inside the gym today took me 20 mins of cardio before i could feel my hands!

lol, ice in the gym!!!!! lol

its how we roll lol

ya, i came along way man

diesel1976
12-12-08, 6:35 pm
forearms on those guys are off the hook too!

i need forearms dude badly lol! so im gonna include heavy farmers on my DE squat days

Yeah, they develop forearms, traps, abs, lowback, calves and alot of other things.

diesel1976
12-12-08, 6:36 pm

speed pulls, 8 singles

block stiff legs, 3 sets

farmers walks, 2 sets

Looks good pro

prowrestler
12-12-08, 7:03 pm
Yeah, they develop forearms, traps, abs, lowback, calves and alot of other things.

funtional strength and testicular fortitude!

probably quads and hams/glutes too

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-12-08, 7:07 pm

speed pulls, 8 singles

block stiff legs, 3 sets

farmers walks, 2 sets

I dont know how much your pecs are involved in wrestling, but if i were you I wouldnt wrestle until your pec is 100%

prowrestler
12-12-08, 7:09 pm
I dont know how much your pecs are involved in wrestling, but if i were you I wouldnt wrestle until your pec is 100%

lol, besides flexing them, no soo much normaly lol!!!

wrestling is off till sunday, its only standup look ups and shit so no worries about the pec.

which is actually recovering great. feels much better now.

diesel1976
12-12-08, 7:09 pm

good point

prowrestler
12-12-08, 7:11 pm
good point

lol, dont worry guys, im only working on my standing holds and so forth, no big slams for some time!

and again, the only real work we do with our chest is flex it

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-12-08, 7:14 pm
lol, dont worry guys, im only working on my standing holds and so forth, no big slams for some time!

and again, the only real work we do with our chest is flex it

just be smart pro. well i could imagine with most of the maneuvers done in wrestling the pec is utilized somehow.

just dont push any buttons.

prowrestler
12-12-08, 7:21 pm
just be smart pro. well i could imagine with most of the maneuvers done in wrestling the pec is utilized somehow.

just dont push any buttons.

ya man, no pushin it. i can remember wrestling with a hurt pec before. once its been a couple weeks, it will take alot more then some wrstling moves to hurt it again. i was takeing scoop slams,powerslams, cross body blocks, clothslines, suplexs and all.

but im only goin to be working my stand up holds and counters now. no pain there at all. its mainly me selling moves and placeing my hands somewhere

prowrestler
12-12-08, 11:49 pm
DE SQUAT DAY

speed box squat

barx5
135x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2

speed deads

205x1
205x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1

standing ab pulldowns

105x10
165x10
195x10

farmers walk

110'sx40 feet (warm up,easy)
130'sx30 feet (easy, had more)
145'sx30 feet PR!

well, the 145's where easier then i thought, it killed my hands, they look mangled now lol! i can still see some chalk engraved in my calouses if i look close.
my grips come a long way, i use to half to use straps on 120lb db shrugs. now im doing farmers straples with 145's. that was my sole issue with deads. i think my grip problem is finally gone and is in proportion to my pulling power. the lat felt good under the weights.

grip machine supersetted with reverse bar curls

140lbsx20 reps / 40lbsx 12 slow reps

done.

my pec is feeling very good after the workout, the squats stretched it out and filled it up with blood.

diesel1976
12-13-08, 12:20 am
DE SQUAT DAY

speed box squat

barx5
135x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2

speed deads

205x1
205x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1

standing ab pulldowns

105x10
165x10
195x10

farmers walk

145'sx30 feet PR!

well, the 145's where easier then i thought, it killed my hands, they look mangled now lol! i can still see some chalk engraved in my calouses if i look close.
my grips come a long way, i use to half to use straps on 120lb db shrugs. now im doing farmers straples with 145's. that was my sole issue with deads. i think my grip problem is finally gone and is in proportion to my pulling power. the lat felt good under the weights.

done.

my pec is feeling very good after the workout, the squats stretched it out and filled it up with blood.

Nice workout pro

prowrestler
12-13-08, 12:22 am
Nice workout pro

thanks D

scals
12-13-08, 1:48 am
great work today bro.

DeathBeforeDishonor
12-13-08, 9:44 am
DE SQUAT DAY

speed box squat

barx5
135x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2

speed deads

205x1
205x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1

standing ab pulldowns

105x10
165x10
195x10

farmers walk

145'sx30 feet PR!

done.

Good workout bro, i had the same grip issue for awhile on deads, started doing forearms a couple days a week, its slowly catching up with my pulling power.

prowrestler
12-13-08, 10:26 am
great work today bro.

thanks man, it was a better day for me

prowrestler
12-13-08, 10:28 am
Good workout bro, i had the same grip issue for awhile on deads, started doing forearms a couple days a week, its slowly catching up with my pulling power.

thanks man

yaa, i got to the point where id always use a strap only on my left hand and loop it once but i am not even sure i needed it. i think it was a mental thing but who knows..and cares at this point?

its good, now as i slowly rehab my way back to deads, my grip is stronger then ever and will continue to get stronger once i reach bigger weights again in the deadlift. i should have no problem.

hexbell holds work great as do farmers

gymEvo
12-13-08, 12:35 pm
damn good on the farmers walk...wuts ur wrestling practice schedule like?

prowrestler
12-13-08, 2:11 pm
damn good on the farmers walk...wuts ur wrestling practice schedule like?

thanks dude, we got new big dumbells so expect more of them!

my typical wrestling these days if i do it looks like this

screw around with random tie ups and think of things off the top of our heads, wamr up.

work on different arm locks and there variables

think of creative reversals and transition moves

some striking moves

some "shoot" wrestling. shoot wrestling is basically ways wrestlers purposley hurt an opponent. its a way to stay safe against an asshole worker. say your opponent wants to actually do harm to you, you use shoot moves that look good but do actually cause harm to your opponent.
another reason would be say your opponent is not selling enough. lets say i put you in a headlock, you are not sellin the move enough so what i would do would take my knuckles and grind them into your jaw bone which hurts ALOT. you will sell!!!!

prowrestler
12-13-08, 2:17 pm
yesterday i was back up at 198, possibly 199 pounds. same leaness it appears. less bloat.

hell ya! finally those gainer shakes and whole food meals are payin off!!!

200 pounds should be near. if i am still in the 198 range today, expect me to be 200 by next week

simpleguy
12-13-08, 2:58 pm
nice DE workout man, and good to know the weight's going up

prowrestler
12-13-08, 3:00 pm

thanks man, its a good feelin lol

J Wong
12-13-08, 3:13 pm

x2!

Mizzarler
12-13-08, 3:26 pm
sorry to hear about your chest pro...it could have been worse...youll be back in no time, just think of it this way...you can train everything else harder for now!!!!!

prowrestler
12-13-08, 3:28 pm
x2!

thanks boom

prowrestler
12-13-08, 3:29 pm
sorry to hear about your chest pro...it could have been worse...youll be back in no time, just think of it this way...you can train everything else harder for now!!!!!

lol, not quite, cant train lats and have a hard time training biceps.

lower body im fine, yay!

i think its very minor thankfully, feels way better now

diesel1976
12-13-08, 5:52 pm
It will heal pro. Your going at it the best you can in the meantime, keep it up

prowrestler
12-13-08, 6:42 pm
It will heal pro. Your going at it the best you can in the meantime, keep it up

its starting to feel decent under pressure now. thank god i used my head that night and didnt push it after the strain occured.

im still gonna do DE and ME overhead pressing this week vs benching. maybe on ME day, if the pec is good, ill add in some light pullovers and db press

shizz702
12-13-08, 6:59 pm
What's up with the chest bro? And I think your best bet is to do ME overhead work like you've mentioned. Give those one arm db presses a try sometime.

prowrestler
12-13-08, 7:05 pm
What's up with the chest bro? And I think your best bet is to do ME overhead work like you've mentioned. Give those one arm db presses a try sometime.

ahh, the other pec got minorly strained near the tendon. i saved it though thankfully. i used my head and droped the ego.

WARM UP PEOPLE.

dude, i liked the 1 arm db press, im gonna do it again.. maybe tomorow or on wednesday

DeathBeforeDishonor
12-13-08, 11:22 pm
ahh, the other pec got minorly strained near the tendon. i saved it though thankfully. i used my head and droped the ego.

WARM UP PEOPLE.

dude, i liked the 1 arm db press, im gonna do it again.. maybe tomorow or on wednesday

Yeah WARM UP LITERALLY!
WERE IN CANADA ITS DAMN COLD!

Psycho77
12-13-08, 11:23 pm
DE SQUAT DAY

speed box squat

barx5
135x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2

speed deads

205x1
205x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1
255x1

standing ab pulldowns

105x10
165x10
195x10

farmers walk

145'sx30 feet PR!

done.

Awesome workout bro. You're a strong mofo. That farmers walk is sick.

prowrestler
12-14-08, 12:24 am
Yeah WARM UP LITERALLY!
WERE IN CANADA ITS DAMN COLD!

your from edges home town eh?

yay i said eh

prowrestler
12-14-08, 12:25 am
Awesome workout bro. You're a strong mofo. That farmers walk is sick.

thanks dude

commin from you, that means alot!

i think its decent, i wanna ask diesel what a good farmers walk should be at though, hes an ex strongman so he'd know.

prowrestler
12-14-08, 12:30 am
im gonna start postin my diet too to kepp on track, when i eat, i grow!

meal 1 1000 calories shake
meal 2 50 grams whey, 1 tablespoon pb
meal 3 1 chicken pita with a recovery protein/carb drink
meal 4 1 chicken pita with a scoop of whey
meal 5 300 gram fried chicken breast with fries..yay
meal 6 300 gram chicken breast,1 cup rice,bunch of cheese on it, 2 oreos
meal 7 40 grams casien protien, 1 cup milk, 6 spoons of olive oil

protien= 375+
calories=4500+

simpleguy
12-14-08, 6:04 am
6 spoons of olive oil? holy crap, how does that sit in your stomach?

Psycho77
12-14-08, 10:45 am
i think its decent, i wanna ask diesel what a good farmers walk should be at though, hes an ex strongman so he'd know.

Yup, he has a wealth of info in his noggin.

Aggression
12-14-08, 12:26 pm
im gonna start postin my diet too to kepp on track, when i eat, i grow!

meal 1 1000 calories shake
meal 2 50 grams whey, 1 tablespoon pb
meal 3 1 chicken pita with a recovery protein/carb drink
meal 4 1 chicken pita with a scoop of whey
meal 5 300 gram fried chicken breast with fries..yay
meal 6 300 gram chicken breast,1 cup rice,bunch of cheese on it, 2 oreos
meal 7 40 grams casien protien, 1 cup milk, 6 spoons of olive oil

protien= 375+
calories=4500+

Damn bro, 6 spoons of oil! I'd be spending half my day on the throne. 5/7 of your meals contain some type of whey/casein protein? Is that correct? Seems to be a lot of protein coming from 'artificial shakes', but hey, if you're growing, keep it up. I love how you just throw in 2 oreos after meal 6 haha. C'mon now, be serious, is it really only 2? Bc I know I couldnt just have 2, i'd have to throw down a whole sleeve of them haha.

prowrestler
12-14-08, 1:11 pm
Damn bro, 6 spoons of oil! I'd be spending half my day on the throne. 5/7 of your meals contain some type of whey/casein protein? Is that correct? Seems to be a lot of protein coming from 'artificial shakes', but hey, if you're growing, keep it up. I love how you just throw in 2 oreos after meal 6 haha. C'mon now, be serious, is it really only 2? Bc I know I couldnt just have 2, i'd have to throw down a whole sleeve of them haha.

when you work at a supplement shop, and can use the shake bar for free, why not?

whey is the most bioavailable protien source. it comes from milk afterall so i see it as "natural". i like the idea of combining whey with whole foods at the same time.

its what i gotta do to grow. ya, 6 spoons of olive oil, im greek so its ok.

ya man, it was just 2! i wanted to add some more calories to that meal, get it to 800 vs 700 so i added some oreos lol

if it was early in the day, i would have had 6-8 of them.

prowrestler
12-14-08, 2:13 pm
off to go train now

its DE OH PRESS day

speed strict pressing for 8 doubles

rolling tricep extensions

rope pressdowns

face pulls

bicep work of choice

T o m m Y
12-14-08, 2:27 pm
off to go train now

its DE OH PRESS day

rope pressdowns

face pulls

bicep work of choice

never heard of doing DE for the overhead press lol?

T o m m Y
12-14-08, 2:27 pm
off to go train now

its DE OH PRESS day

rope pressdowns

face pulls

bicep work of choice

never heard of doing DE for the overhead press lol

prowrestler
12-14-08, 2:42 pm
never heard of doing DE for the overhead press lol

u just had to post twice didnt you lol!

well, i cant bench this week so consider it super high incline DE PRESS if it makes you fell better lol!

i like strong man too, they do alot of OH press emphasis. i do farmers walks now too

prowrestler
12-14-08, 2:43 pm
Yup, he has a wealth of info in his noggin.

yes he does, hes a great guy

prowrestler
12-14-08, 11:48 pm
DE OH PRESS

speed strict press

barx warm up
95x4
95x4( wamr ups still)
95x2
95x2
95x2
95x2
95x2
95x2
95x2
95x2
95x14 (pr)

good speed on them

rolling dumbell ext

15'sx10
35'sx10
45'sx5
50x7 (pr)

rope pressdowns

65x10
110x10
155x5
225x5

i now went over to a lat pulldown station. its much harder...MUCH HARDER

85X5
90X5
90X5
90X5

Rope facepulls

120x10
180x12
225x12
235x12
switched to a neatural grip bar
260x15
260x15
260x15

....fuckin stack is too light so i added a 25. i need to think of a new way to do these..lat station maybe..

standing side laterals

30'sx15-20
40'sx8
40'sx8
1 arm at a time, all reps done with each arm before switching
50x6
60x3
70x3(pr)
70x3 drop to 60x3

that was it..slow but good day

Psycho77
12-15-08, 1:49 pm
holy repetitions batman.......................

You're a definitely volume freak Pro. I got lightheaded reading that workout you did. You're some kind of crazy. I like it. lol

prowrestler
12-15-08, 5:12 pm
holy repetitions batman.......................

You're a definitely volume freak Pro. I got lightheaded reading that workout you did. You're some kind of crazy. I like it. lol

lmao

when im in the right mind set, volume grows on me. remember, im an ex bodybuilder lol

prowrestler
12-15-08, 5:16 pm
week 1 GM for a 5 rep max
week 2 Box squat for a 5 rep max
week 3 GM for a 3 rep max
week 4 box squat for a 3 rep max
Week 5 Box Squat for a 1 rep max
deload if you feel beat up, if not, dont deload
start over

reminder of cycle for myself. 5 rep max box squat tomorow. yay

bump for reminder to myself.

GM for a 3 rep max tonight. ughhhh my backs gonna kill! yay!

prowrestler
12-15-08, 5:31 pm
Max Effort GM day

ok, so i hit 315xrep max 2 weeks ago, my 3 rep max tonight, im gonna aim for 335.

accesory work...

the lowest box squats...5x5 style.

reverse hypers

leg curls

standing abs

shizz702
12-15-08, 6:28 pm
Dude those speed strict presses were SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill those GM's and low box squats!

prowrestler
12-15-08, 6:30 pm
Dude those speed strict presses were SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill those GM's and low box squats!

i knew youd like that concept lol!

the 95x14 wherent all fast but most where but at like 8ish, lactic acid set in lol

im gonna load up on some food, then hit the gym.. probably fall on my ass walkin there on a sheet of ice though lol

Young&Hungry
12-15-08, 6:34 pm
Your volume is nuts kid, that was a sick session. Nice order of assistance work, you definately know what's important. Why the speed OHP, training for a strongman show or just trying to switch it up? What's your opinion and liking to speed work man? A ton of guys including myself have basically strayed away from it over time.

prowrestler
12-15-08, 6:47 pm
Your volume is nuts kid, that was a sick session. Nice order of assistance work, you definately know what's important. Why the speed OHP, training for a strongman show or just trying to switch it up? What's your opinion and liking to speed work man? A ton of guys including myself have basically strayed away from it over time.

thanks man, it was definatly a high volume day.

i cant bench for 2 weeks so its OHP for that time. thats why. and i am considering a jump to strong man maybe or become a half breed like shizz, just train for total strength. do both strong man and powerlifting.

i like DE days, i think they helped me alot. for example, i never miss them, my training partner misses them often..... he is 10 pounds heavier (70 pounds fatter) and i out bench him by 50 pounds...using a close grip and hurt. that explosive power is key to me. i really enjoy what i get.

i havent been PL ing long enough to cut and paste what i feel. its workin for me so i wont change it.