PDA

View Full Version : Gym Headphones/Headsets/Earbuds

Chin
06-02-08, 11:30 pm
So ladies and Gentlemen, yet again I ask for help...

After going through my 4th pair of headphones of 2008... I am kinda pissed off... But what can you do..? Anyways my Criteria for my headphones are basically....

I can not stand the ones that wrap around your head... I prefer earbuds but they have to be large and robust because I run/sprint alot

Hopefully its under $30

Even lengths to the left and right ears so they are balanced when I run....

The cord should be a tougher type of plastic, just because I wear my chain... which can cut into the cord... I've done it with like 3 or 4 brands already...

If you guys have any suggestions just shoot back... Thanks

Chin

Legacy
06-02-08, 11:32 pm
Here ya go bro, ive been using these for the past few weeks, they work really good and tune out all outside noises and are really cheap, but work great. I know how you feel, i go through a lot through the year.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8703398&type=product&id=1199495404238

jeff00z28
06-03-08, 12:47 am
lol i feel ur pain i go thru them like crazy. not only the phones, but ive been thru 3 mp3 playesrs this year. I bought the warranty, but best buy recently just gave me a full refund cuzz i guess they were tired of my face. there needs to be a hardcore mp3 player/headphones

Cloud Strife
06-03-08, 12:55 am
lol i feel ur pain i go thru them like crazy. not only the phones, but ive been thru 3 mp3 playesrs this year. I bought the warranty, but best buy recently just gave me a full refund cuzz i guess they were tired of my face. there needs to be a hardcore mp3 player/headphones

OMG....check it out. We should get iPod to make a Limited Edition Animal version! By the hardcore, for the hardcore

BigBlueBear
06-03-08, 12:55 am
Well... it's double your price a bit, but these Shure E2C's (http://www.amazon.com/Shure-E2c-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0000CE1UO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1212468818&sr=8-1) rock. I'm on my second pair (cause my dog ate my first pair) and I love'um. Use the foam inserts and they knock out almost all sound around you.

It'll be uncomfortable as hell the first few times you wear'um, but they're worth it in my mind once you get use to them.

Maharg
06-03-08, 1:00 am
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5335657&type=product&id=1051826204520 I own a pair of these, and they are sweet. Fit right in, cut out most outside noise, and all if you just turn them up. They wont ever fall off, and are the same length on both sides.

And Jeff, walmart has these lil 30 dollar mp3 players that have handled 50lbs being dropped on them. made by RCA, but doenst have a big memory. You can buy memory sticks though.

SailinScotty
07-30-09, 4:38 pm
In the past 3 weeks I have gone through two sets of headphones. Both the left side on each went out. I was using Sony's that wrap around the whole ear and then the ones that come with the iphone. Just was wondering what others have or are using? Was thinking about getting some bluetooth wireless ones but they are about $150.

InkdMuscle
07-30-09, 6:04 pm
In the past 3 weeks I have gone through two sets of headphones. Both the left side on each went out. I was using Sony's that wrap around the whole ear and then the ones that come with the iphone. Just was wondering what others have or are using? Was thinking about getting some bluetooth wireless ones but they are about $150.

i just use my stock headphones that came with my iphone. they get the job done blasting my music while i workout.

Offerstoff
07-30-09, 7:59 pm
Just my opinion, but if you are looking at shelling out $150, I would look into better quality gear. I really like Bose's (www.bose.com) devices. Bluetooth is nice, but there are many issues that occur with wireless devices. Certain frequencies and miscellaneous items cause an interference. Personally I have had many difficulties with wireless devices (hell, even my desktop PC and body - I have a slight negative charge - affects my wireless router).

Also, there is a pattern to it being the left side. Could be the volume or setup for your music. Stereo setups often distribute certain frequencies to separate speakers. With you style of music, its possible lower grade gear can break when a certain frequency and volume are used constantly. The other possibility is the connections for the wires are getting disturbed, and you may want to try a different pathway for the wire/ get a longer wire. You could be pulling on the connections every time you sit-up.

Could just be you got shafted =P I went through 5 sets of headphones (all $20 sony's, 4ft cord) before my current set, which has lasted me almost a year now.

Hope that gives ya some insight ^_^

TigerAce01
07-30-09, 8:10 pm
Get some SkullCandys...I've had mine for a while and never had a problem.

-Ace

Cstlfx
07-30-09, 8:23 pm

Dont get Bluetooth. The technology is quite there yet. Do you sweat a lot? Nike makes a line of sweat/water resistant ones that are pretty good for working out in.

I tend to wear my Skullcandy earphones. Tends to block out most the surrounding noise, good sounds quality, and they're pretty cheap. You can generally find the low end models at $10-15. I dont feel bad if I drop a weight on them. But, I've only been through two pair in the past year.

Sennheiser also makes some great headphones. If you're willing to dish out $150, go with them.

t_mh
07-31-09, 12:36 am
I hate lifting with wires in the way though.

K Stro24
07-31-09, 12:39 am

run the wire from your pocket, underneath ur shirt, up thru ur collar and into your ears, keeps them out of the way very well

Cstlfx
07-31-09, 12:46 am

What kind of player do you have?

This is also for the OP as well, but there is a set of headphones, much like the kind that wraps around the back of the neck. You know, the one with the hard plastic, on ear kind? Well, they have a set of these that has a plug in for the Ipod shuffle right on headset. Therefore no wires, and no wireless signal to distort the music.

There are also earphones and headphones that have the cords go behind your neck and run down your back.

I personally use a band for my arm, run the wire up my sleeve, into my shirt, and up to my ears. Havent had any problems with it that way.

Razor
07-31-09, 1:12 pm
Skullcandy's FTW. Never found a better pair for the gym.

SailinScotty
07-31-09, 5:04 pm
What kind of player do you have?

This is also for the OP as well, but there is a set of headphones, much like the kind that wraps around the back of the neck. You know, the one with the hard plastic, on ear kind? Well, they have a set of these that has a plug in for the Ipod shuffle right on headset. Therefore no wires, and no wireless signal to distort the music.

There are also earphones and headphones that have the cords go behind your neck and run down your back.

I personally use a band for my arm, run the wire up my sleeve, into my shirt, and up to my ears. Havent had any problems with it that way.

I use an iPhone. I usually do the wire through the shirt as well. I think I just need some that are sweat proof.

CommoDick
08-05-09, 12:18 pm
I got some bose earbuds from amazon, look at a refurbished set, I got one and it only set me back about 40 bucks and they work great, I can use them and drown out the gym sound system

Sphinx
10-18-09, 12:17 pm
Can any of you fellow Animals recommend some headphones which are good for working out?

I'm trying to find something that will stay on (or in if they are the ear-bud type) when I lift and do any sort of cardio like running. The ones I have now are decent but they pop out of my ear way too often when I run and sometimes when I lift.

BubbyLight
10-18-09, 12:25 pm
i like the marshmallows. bought em right at walmart for a good price. they are like earplugs so u sqweesze them and put em in ur ear and then they expand and stay the whole workout.

Phil800101
10-18-09, 1:05 pm
Sony MDR-J10 stereo headphones. They're comfortable, they stay put, and they're cheap. I've been using em' for years.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-J10-Headphones-Non-Slip-Design/dp/B000092YR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255885021&sr=8-1

NJC_Manhattan
10-18-09, 1:24 pm
You want to preserve your hearing. Higher end headphones help reduce damage to your ears. They also sound great.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_sport-line_502536

Dr.Platypus
10-18-09, 1:42 pm
Sony MDR-J10 stereo headphones. They're comfortable, they stay put, and they're cheap. I've been using em' for years.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-J10-Headphones-Non-Slip-Design/dp/B000092YR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1255885021&sr=8-1

absolutely. these are the best.

ironbound
10-18-09, 3:23 pm
i like the marshmallows. bought em right at walmart for a good price. they are like earplugs so u sqweesze them and put em in ur ear and then they expand and stay the whole workout.
Hell yeah man JVC marshmallows are the way to go for good headphones to train with. Sound quality is awesome too.

Cstlfx
10-18-09, 7:25 pm
You want to preserve your hearing. Higher end headphones help reduce damage to your ears. They also sound great.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_sport-line_502536

Sennheiser is top of the line. Hard to find a better brand for audio, they rarely recieve bad reviews and loved by audiophiles everywhere. Only problem I have with these, is because of the price, I'd be very worried about them popping out and getting crushed by the weight.

Sadly, and stupidly, I've had earphones crushed in between plates as I was loading them.

For me, working out, I like to use SkullCandy Ink'D earphones. They tend not to pop out because they come with different size ear pieces, and generally run about $10 any where. I am a sweater, generally soaked by the end of a workout and I have not had a problem with them.

Vaze_06
10-18-09, 7:48 pm

x2, the Philips are good too. i usual need to buy a new pair every 2-3 months cauz im just good at destroying things. but the one stated above lasted 6-8 months so imo they are good lol

t_mh
10-18-09, 8:02 pm
I have bose earbuds. They're pretty good. They don't fall out and I sweat a lot. But I think they're pretty expensive (maybe like 80?). I wouldn't have bought them-- they were a Christmas present.

Firefist
10-18-09, 8:03 pm
i buy mine at the dollar store now, for some reason, every pair of earphones i get break the same way. the left ear starts shuttin on and off and then the right one breaks a few days later. sony's, skull candies, theyve all suffered the same fate.

Alk
10-19-09, 10:32 am
I always loved the headphones that came with my iPod, never had problems with them...and I've owned a Mini and a Nano that I would use them on.

Diesel Rocket
10-19-09, 12:36 pm
http://thanko.jp/soundlives_magneticearphone/

Sphinx
10-19-09, 2:57 pm
I use the same Skull Candy as you do and they are always popping out for me, especially when I run. The most important thing for me is that they stay put, quality of music really doesn't matter too much to me so long as the song is what the music player says it is.

Sennheiser is top of the line. Hard to find a better brand for audio, they rarely recieve bad reviews and loved by audiophiles everywhere. Only problem I have with these, is because of the price, I'd be very worried about them popping out and getting crushed by the weight.

Sadly, and stupidly, I've had earphones crushed in between plates as I was loading them.

For me, working out, I like to use SkullCandy Ink'D earphones. They tend not to pop out because they come with different size ear pieces, and generally run about $10 any where. I am a sweater, generally soaked by the end of a workout and I have not had a problem with them.

Wasteland
10-19-09, 3:38 pm
Shure SE210. Not cheap, but great sounding.

GJN5002
10-19-09, 3:52 pm
I say just go to wal mart and buy some cheap ones. Never fails I either crush them with a plate or db or strip the wire out when it gets caught on a barbell.

Cstlfx
10-19-09, 3:59 pm
I use the same Skull Candy as you do and they are always popping out for me, especially when I run. The most important thing for me is that they stay put, quality of music really doesn't matter too much to me so long as the song is what the music player says it is.

If you're having problems with them, I'd get a set with the foam ear pieces, or the JVC Marshmallows that others have talked about. Its the closest I've ever found to form fitting.

I dont run, so all my cardio is low impact, not much impact to knock the ear pieces out of my ear.

Or, if you want to look ultra bad-ass, get a pair of big over the ear headphones and keep them on snug with some sweatbands.

Wasteland
10-19-09, 4:12 pm
over the ear headphones and keep them on snug with some sweatbands

This and badass seem at odds?

Cstlfx
10-19-09, 4:52 pm
This and badass seem at odds?

Haha, really? I almost forgot, you need some Zubaz pants to complete the look.

Wasteland
10-20-09, 9:38 am
Haha, really? I almost forgot, you need some Zubaz pants to complete the look.

You have my vote.

music_man185
06-05-10, 7:19 pm
i need a new set of headphones for working out. the earbuds that came with my ipod just aren't cutting it. the fall out way too easy. my whole workout, i'm adjusting my earbuds or putting them back in because they've fallen out. they also become pretty painful after a while.

i like the earbud style that goes in your ear because they cancel out a bunch of background noise. i just need something that is studier in my ear. i saw a set in a magazine a while back that looked like exactly what i need. they were "in ear" earbuds that have a neckband that goes around the back of your head. does anybody use this kind? i'm looking for some reviews on sound quality as well as comfort while working out. i'm not looking to spend $50+ on a set of headphones. i'm also not very interested in skull candies (i know a lot of people will be pimping them) unless they make a set with a neckband.

Cstlfx
06-05-10, 9:45 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX380-Sport-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001GSX7R8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275788474&sr=8-2

Sennheiser is an excellent company. Great sound quality, great construction, and it has the longer cable for the right ear bud to go around your neck like you're asking for.

Cstlfx
06-05-10, 9:57 pm
or do you mean a set like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdr-As50G-Active-Neck-Band-Headphones/dp/B00172RCOM/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=aht&qid=1275789057&sr=1-8

Both are decent and would work well in the gym.

Bigun
06-05-10, 10:20 pm
Ive been using these for about six months. I like them alot because you can change them up to just the ear buds or the over the hooks. Differnt size ear pieces and they have a short 2' cord plus an ext cord as well. I like the short cord and the is sound pretty good. I dont think i would like that thing around my neck. Good luck.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Ear+Bud+Headphones+-+Black/8703389.p?id=1199496037598&skuId=8703389&st=sony%20ear%20buds&cp=1&lp=1

jeff00z28
06-06-10, 12:26 am
i just buy some sony 11$ ones from target. they seem to break less than others and when they do, o well only 11$

music_man185
06-06-10, 10:02 am
or do you mean a set like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Mdr-As50G-Active-Neck-Band-Headphones/dp/B00172RCOM/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=aht&qid=1275789057&sr=1-8

Both are decent and would work well in the gym.

these are closer to what i was talking about. but i think i would be ok without the neckband like the first one you posted, as long as they stayed in my ear comfortably. i have smaller ears, so earbuds tend to be painful in my ear. i also have a pair with the clips that go over your ear, and they are extremely loose. thats why i thought the neckband would be a better choice. but i'm open to anything.

Razor
06-07-10, 10:04 am
Nothing beats my Monster Turbines. Things are unreal with bass and shutting out outside noise.

Aggression
06-07-10, 10:39 am
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Ear+Bud+Headphones+-+Black/8703389.p?id=1199496037598&skuId=8703389&st=sony%20ear%20buds&cp=1&lp=1

Though I'm not familiar with the exact brand I have, I use something very similar to these; individual phones that wrap around the ear. I've blown through several over the past few years, yet these have stood the test of time. I've been rocking these for well over a year with no problems.

gabrielnoah
06-07-10, 11:29 pm
I have been wondering about getting some headphones for the gym, but was wondering how to keep them clean, these look ideal if you can wash them. I think those are the entry level models, and I have seen them as cheap as $99 at various on line retailers. Still pretty pricey for their entry level headphone.

Shukin
06-13-11, 2:53 pm
Looking to get some head phones for working out but there are soooo many darn choices out there, any recommendations?

Respect,
Shukin

Phil800101
06-13-11, 2:58 pm
Looking to get some head phones for working out but there are soooo many darn choices out there, any recommendations?

Respect,
Shukin

Sony MDR-J10 earbuds. They're comfortable, stay in your ear, give pretty good sound, are pretty small, and they're cheap, so it's no big deal if they get lost or destroyed. I've gone through many pairs over the years, but from experience they hold up pretty well to hard use.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&XID=O:mdrj10%2fgreen:dg_gglsrch:pla&productId=11035989

That's from the Sony website, but you can find them pretty much anywhere, usually for around or even less than ten bucks.

Theonidus
06-13-11, 2:58 pm
My favorite thus far have been Skullcandy's 50/50. A little on the expensive side, but with the bass boost they've been amazing for getting into your zone and ignoring the rest of the world. I need to get a new pair, having broken my last doing hang cleans.

URL for their site and the 50/50 options:
http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=50%2F50&x=21&y=20

kong_13
06-13-11, 3:05 pm
I like the skull candy earbuds too. The ones I get are a little cheaper than the 50/50's but they are still really good headphones.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/smokin-buds-white-black.html

Brick By Brick
06-13-11, 7:37 pm
I bought a pair of Skullcandy Titan earbuds off Amazon.com for about $26. I am very happy with them.

Machine
06-13-11, 9:01 pm
I know that many people use headphones while they train, but I think people should be careful not to loose focus on what they are doing. Dont blot out intuition by pounding your eardrums into oblivion.

Just my two cents.

MACHINE

kauaiboy25
06-13-11, 11:53 pm
I use Sony headphones. It has an adjustable volume module where the wire splits to the individual ear buds. for the most part, they do its job and haven't broke...yet...

GUNS
06-14-11, 12:37 am
JVC's that wrap over the ear. I think you should go cheap for a gym set. I have caught the cord on things and they get destroyed pretty quick. The skull candy ons suck in my opinion. They dont stay in your ears when you start sweating and doing some of your movements. These JVC's are the shit and they are cheap.
http://store.jvc.com/product.asp?Model=HA-EB75B

I think if you keep the sound level good, not blasting, you are more focused than without. You don't hear all the residual BS in the gym.

Shukin
06-14-11, 1:27 pm
I know that many people use headphones while they train, but I think people should be careful not to loose focus on what they are doing. Dont blot out intuition by pounding your eardrums into oblivion.

Just my two cents.

MACHINE

I think if you keep the sound level good, not blasting, you are more focused than without. You don't hear all the residual BS in the gym.

I was planning on listening to Tony Robbins any way.....lol
It is more about the residuals as you said, being back in the states I can over hear everything, the other day I was doing heavy db flys and could hear this girl telling her personal trainer, who's an IFBB pro, how she doesn't like her tattoo any more, he was trying to get her to lift, I almost dropped the weights from laughter.

GUNS
06-14-11, 2:41 pm
Mostly hardcore and punk for me, but I want to hear my grandkids so it stays moderate!

Aggression
06-14-11, 2:54 pm
Sony MDR-J10 earbuds. They're comfortable, stay in your ear, give pretty good sound, are pretty small, and they're cheap, so it's no big deal if they get lost or destroyed. I've gone through many pairs over the years, but from experience they hold up pretty well to hard use.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&XID=O:mdrj10%2fgreen:dg_gglsrch:pla&productId=11035989

That's from the Sony website, but you can find them pretty much anywhere, usually for around or even less than ten bucks.

I rock these same headphones. I buy them from Target for under $10. Each time I buy 2 pairs so I have a backup.

naturalguy
06-14-11, 3:31 pm

Just my two cents.

MACHINE

Music helps me focus more and gets me amped up

JasonG
06-14-11, 3:36 pm
I'm using my second set of skullcandy's. I've got the Smoking Buds model. I like having them in at the gym so people don't try and talk to me. Works for the most part except people trying to get my attention to ask about my vibrams.

Theonidus
06-14-11, 5:10 pm
I'm using my second set of skullcandy's. I've got the Smoking Buds model. I like having them in at the gym so people don't try and talk to me. Works for the most part except people trying to get my attention to ask about my vibrams.

I think we need to hang out more. I love my vibrams, but please don't try to get my attention during squats mid-set to ask me, "Are those really shoes?", "Can you run in 'dem"?, etc.

Phil800101
02-08-12, 2:07 am
I was tired of destroying my headphones with sweat. Withing a month the sound would start crapping out mid-set or during cardio. I did some research, and picked these up last week:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_sport-line_504034

I got em' on Amazon.com for around $40. Pricey for sure, but worth it in my opinion, considering that they are noise-cancelling and sweatproof. Fit is excellent, they're ridiculously comfortable, and that little fin system actually works really well. They come with three sets of both the fins and the earbuds, so they're pretty adjustable size-wise. Besides that, the cord is strong as hell, long, and the clips and volume control come in handy. And of course the sound is excellent.

I've used them for heavy lifting and cardio, and have yet to have them slip out or anything. Definitely pleased with these.

Shukin
02-08-12, 7:38 am
I was tired of destroying my headphones with sweat. Withing a month the sound would start crapping out mid-set or during cardio. I did some research, and picked these up last week:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_sport-line_504034

I got em' on Amazon.com for around $40. Pricey for sure, but worth it in my opinion, considering that they are noise-cancelling and sweatproof. Fit is excellent, they're ridiculously comfortable, and that little fin system actually works really well. They come with three sets of both the fins and the earbuds, so they're pretty adjustable size-wise. Besides that, the cord is strong as hell, long, and the clips and volume control come in handy. And of course the sound is excellent.

I've used them for heavy lifting and cardio, and have yet to have them slip out or anything. Definitely pleased with these.

Good call Phil, I actually got a pair of these a while back, I love em, my only complaint is the short cord is too short and the long one too long.....hahaaa

mritter3
02-08-12, 7:54 am
i just got these philips one's and there great, great sound quality, there sweat proof/antimicrobial, and always stay in my ear no matter what im doing.

Aggression
02-08-12, 8:35 am
Anybody know of a pair of headphones that allows you to change the track with a little button on the cord of the headphones? I have an iPhone and the only pain in the pass is the fact that I have to reach into my pocket, unlock the phone, and then change the track. I'm looking for something a bit easier; a quick press of a button attached to the headphone cord or something ...

TigerAce01
02-08-12, 8:46 am
Anybody know of a pair of headphones that allows you to change the track with a little button on the cord of the headphones? I have an iPhone and the only pain in the pass is the fact that I have to reach into my pocket, unlock the phone, and then change the track. I'm looking for something a bit easier; a quick press of a button attached to the headphone cord or something ...

iPod shuffle. It doesn't have a normal display on the actual body though, which is what always turned me off...but it has the button on the cord like you want, and if I'm not mistaken, the title of the track is announced over your headphones.

-Ace

Aggression
02-08-12, 8:50 am
iPod shuffle. It doesn't have a normal display on the actual body though, which is what always turned me off...but it has the button on the cord like you want, and if I'm not mistaken, the title of the track is announced over your headphones.

-Ace

I'm not looking to purchase another mp3 player/iPod. I wonder if I can buy the iPod shuffle headphones and not the whole thing ...

Preston
12-11-12, 12:55 pm
I'm impartial to "over-the-ear" vs. "ear-canal" type headphones. I see some people in the gym with the close-back "over-the-ear" style and wonder how they can stand that with them being hot and their ears must be getting incredibly hot. I'm not a fan of the "ear-canal" type headphones as they (for me) create too much static pressure because the sound has no where to go which gives me a splitting headache. I'm in the market for a new headset, and I'm wanting some input on which you prefer to wear, (during training) what type and what brand/model you currently own.

Obviously the headphones (if you care) will change per what style of music you listen to. I listen to house/mashup/drop beat music damn near 24/7 so I'm going to be using a Monitor style headphone.

Let's hear it ladies and gents. What gear do you use?

P Diesel
12-11-12, 2:06 pm
i dnt

P

Madcat
12-11-12, 2:26 pm
I had used earbuds for years, but recently had to go back to earmuff style headphones with noise blocking or isolating or whatever because the gym has become almost over run with little dudes slamming weights, screaming, all kinds of things I had hoped would never make it to the new gym. I really have no issues with them, I've run, done abs, squatted, everything with them and have no issues.

My first choice was earbuds but it seems like these actually block sound better.

Appollonian
12-11-12, 2:34 pm
I prefer to wear none, but when my gym is jamming horrible tunes, I can wear either kind.

I've only ever had the splitting headaches you talk about when I have the volume on max.

I like the ear canal kind because when it forms to your ear it gives pretty good sound deadening without added expense of a noise cancelling system, but for me I sweat a lot and I've broken even quite expensive "water proof" headphones this way.

Over the ears are great because IMO they give a better sound, but they get really hot.

Solid Dreams
12-11-12, 2:59 pm
My gym will let you use their stereo system if someone else isnt using it already, so I tend to put it on that.

If theyre playing turrible R&B I'll just use a pair of cheapo ones that are like 5 bucks, because I tend to smash the cord/earphones between plates.

MikeNice
12-11-12, 3:54 pm
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM50S/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT770pro/
A lot of my friends that are still in the music business as engineers use these. They are closed back and over ear. So, you might not like them too much.

If you just want a simple over ear clip on style the Sony Psyc is probably your best bet. They aren't great sounding headphones though. You don't want full size headphones or ear buds. That means you don't have many choices.

Me, I just use the crappy ear buds that came with my cell phone. If they break I don't care, and I can replace them for $15.

rainman
12-11-12, 3:54 pm
Most of the time I end up training without earphones in now, but when I do I use the Monster N-Ergy ones and they're pretty damn good so far. They are really well thought out; you can clip the buds together around your neck with these in built magnets, (great for spotting duties), have a tangle free cord and have a right angled connector. Plus they're dirt cheap for the usually overpriced Monster cans. Sound quality is good too, although background noise can be heard in the quieter parts of tunes sometimes. I also got a pair of their Livestrong yellow iSport ones, post Armstrong witch hunt of course, but have yet to use them as I've found the cheaper N-Ergy ones have been so good.

Adrenaline
12-11-12, 4:05 pm
generic ear bud type headphones from CVS. i seem to constantly slam my headphones in between 2 45lb plates when i'm loading up the deadlift bar. Yes headphones are kinda a pain in the ass, but not as much as coldplay on the gym speakers

Rambo Moe
12-11-12, 7:06 pm
^ yes. Today was the first day I forgot my headphones in weeks and what do i hear walking in to the gym. Fucking Adele.

MikeNice
12-11-12, 7:54 pm
^ yes. Today was the first day I forgot my headphones in weeks and what do i hear walking in to the gym. Fucking Adele.

You guys are making me feel much better about my gym. Last week I walked in and they were playing Billy Idol's "Blue Highway." Adele or R&B would not be tolerated. Sometimes they play bad "pop" hip-hop. Then earphones are a god send.

mritter3
12-11-12, 8:25 pm
I do the ear buds, there sweat proof and don't fall out which is great..just my 2 cents

deanna7272
12-11-12, 8:26 pm
I wear the Sony ones that actually go into the ear canal...lol. It seals out the outside noise also and they are decent quality for the price...

Tonight I walked in the gym to train and "Jingle Bell Rock" was on lite rock radio or some shit... I walked up on the stage, sat down and said "you GOTTA be kidding me???" Smiley Barnes glanced over, said, "yep" and went and got his headphones.... I just cranked some Rob Zombie and got busy...

MRmichael.hooker
12-11-12, 8:28 pm
Fortunate enough to have a badass pair of prototype ear buds coming out next year from Sundown Audio. Sound pretty wicked and don't have to hear shit from the dudes trying to pick up chicks and failing

Brometheus
12-12-12, 12:47 am
I use the Skull Candy in ear Titans. I swaeat a lot and bring them in the sauna and they still last quite awhile. They block out all outside noise as well.

Solid Dreams
12-12-12, 1:33 am
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00858I5OC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00858I5OC&linkCode=as2&tag=avici-20

Wouldnt mind something like that, haha, if they worked correctly/didnt die a lot.

iamthemacattack
12-12-12, 3:40 am
I'm not a a fan of wearing headphones when lifting, the cable can sometimes get in the way, and also the whole having your Ipod in your pocket can be a bit of a pain.

However when I am on the treadmill headphones are like a little gift from God to help you pass away the minutes!

Preston
12-12-12, 6:21 pm
i dnt

P

lol, you crack me up. You decided to put all the letters (except the apostrophe) excluding the o.

Preston
12-12-12, 6:24 pm
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ATHM50S/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT770pro/
A lot of my friends that are still in the music business as engineers use these. They are closed back and over ear. So, you might not like them too much.

If you just want a simple over ear clip on style the Sony Psyc is probably your best bet. They aren't great sounding headphones though. You don't want full size headphones or ear buds. That means you don't have many choices.

Me, I just use the crappy ear buds that came with my cell phone. If they break I don't care, and I can replace them for $15.

Those Audio Technica ATHM-50's are great headphones. Not a fan of Beyer - the soundstage is too large for me and gives weird distant 3D effect to the tunes. Can't stand it.

Preston
12-12-12, 6:26 pm
I do the ear buds, there sweat proof and don't fall out which is great..just my 2 cents

mritter I <3 you. No H O M O.

Preston
12-12-12, 6:31 pm
I ended up getting the Shure SRH-500DJ headset. I figured out that I could purchase an in-line amplifier and run my audio out from my MP3 to that and then to my new headset. Can't wait to open these bad boys up for Christmas. I got a backup pair of JVC XX's - too, just in case.

If anyone is a picky audiophile like myself, then you will love the FIIO E11 in-line amplifier. Worth every penny of my $59.99 - lol.

Beowulf
12-17-12, 2:46 pm
I ended up getting the Shure SRH-500DJ headset. I figured out that I could purchase an in-line amplifier and run my audio out from my MP3 to that and then to my new headset. Can't wait to open these bad boys up for Christmas. I got a backup pair of JVC XX's - too, just in case.

If anyone is a picky audiophile like myself, then you will love the FIIO E11 in-line amplifier. Worth every penny of my $59.99 - lol.

Shure makes some nice headsets. Is this for home or for the gym? I have a set of Shure earphones (in the ear) and I love them.

KettleBellFreak
12-17-12, 8:55 pm
Klipsch headphones are the best. They're 60 bucks, but noise cancelling, awesome bass, and they last and have a manufacturer 2 year warranty. Had mine since the summer and havent used the warranty. Seriously

Jay
12-17-12, 9:08 pm
I have a pair of Sony in ear, buds, that I got at best buy. They sound great, and block out all the annoying chatter at the gym.

Razor
12-18-12, 10:25 am
These.

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6403

You'll never need another pair and i've already thrown these in the wash twice. Perfect. And get them at amazon. Got mine for like $70 instead of the $99 price tag.

Nix0r
12-18-12, 10:27 am
I have a cheap-ass pair of Skullcandy ear buds. It doesn't matter to me what kind of headphones I have, as long as I can drown out Carly Rae Jepson when LA Fatness plays it.

Appollonian
12-18-12, 1:47 pm
I typically rock the $10 skullcandy myself. They last about a month, not too bad...

These.

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6403

You'll never need another pair and i've already thrown these in the wash twice. Perfect. And get them at amazon. Got mine for like $70 instead of the $99 price tag.

If I wasn't switching to a home gym setup soon, I would probably pick these up. I had another pair that was "water proof" that lasted two months, but cost $50, so I stayed away from all such claims.

rainman
12-18-12, 5:10 pm
Those iSport headphones are good. I got the Livestrong yellow ones. I'm still using the Monster N-Ergy ones I posted about, but have tried these out finally. Not through the washing machine yet though, but that day will soon come. Just need a waterproof Ipod now.

JasonG
12-22-12, 8:45 am
I've been using my android phone for my tunes in the gym and looking to get this bluetooth in-ear buds. They are expensive but pretty bad ass.
http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/

tommyb1203
12-26-12, 12:49 pm
x2 on klipsche

I bought some Klipsche ONE headphones back in april-ish as a tax return present to myself, and they are amazing. Part of my living comes from mobile audio/video installation, so I need my music to sound good, and ear buds suck. They either sound like shit, or they hurt my ears on longer cardio days.

I do agree sometimes while lifting the cord gets in the way. Usually I just take them off for certain lifts. (Bench, squat, deads, ohp, rows) Everything else is usually fine, but they are a must have for cardio.

MikeNice
12-26-12, 7:11 pm
I do agree sometimes while lifting the cord gets in the way.

Am I the only one that runs the cord inside my shirt?

smoothballer
03-07-13, 1:37 pm
My crappy iPod headphones just cracked so I need to invest in something else. Does anyone use Beats Tour In-Ear Headphones for working out? I found a pretty good deal on them but if they aren't good, won't hold up, or sweat causes a problem I will probably avoid them. Thoughts?

Kowboy
03-07-13, 1:39 pm
I use backbeats 903+ bluetooth, I got so tired of fucking breaking the wires.

Phil800101
03-07-13, 1:55 pm
No experience with the Beats By Dre myself.

I picked these up a little over a year ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-680-Earfin-Earbuds/dp/B0035JKJ2W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1362682036&sr=8-7&keywords=adidas+headphones

The sound is good, they're noise-cancelling, and sweat is no problem. The earfins actually hold them in really well, and comfortably...plus there are about three sets of earbuds so you can get a good fit. Besides all that, the cord is nice and long, with an external volume control with clip for placement. All in all probably the best headphones I've ever had and well worth the price. Cheaper than Beats as well.

smoothballer
03-07-13, 1:58 pm
I use backbeats 903+ bluetooth, I got so tired of fucking breaking the wires.

A guy at the gym has these. Not a huge fan, but I can see the benefit of no wires.

I picked these up a little over a year ago:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX-680-Earfin-Earbuds/dp/B0035JKJ2W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1362682036&sr=8-7&keywords=adidas+headphones

The sound is good, they're noise-cancelling, and sweat is no problem. The earfins actually hold them in really well, and comfortably...plus there are about three sets of earbuds so you can get a good fit. Besides all that, the cord is nice and long, with an external volume control with clip for placement. All in all probably the best headphones I've ever had and well worth the price. Cheaper than Beats as well.

I looked at these awhile back, but went cheap when I got a free pair with my nano.

These Beats Tour are almost 100 bucks off (non-refurbished) but didn't want to spend the cheese if they won't hold up because I primarily use my earbuds at the gym.

SoChillBro
03-07-13, 2:14 pm
I use the Beats Mixr's at the gym their on-ear headphones and the quality is amazing compared to iphone/skullcandy. I also tried different versions of the ear buds and although the quality isn't as good as the on/over ear models they are still infinitely better than any other ear buds I've used in the past

smoothballer
03-07-13, 2:19 pm
I use the Beats Mixr's at the gym their on-ear headphones and the quality is amazing compared to iphone/skullcandy. I also tried different versions of the ear buds and although the quality isn't as good as the on/over ear models they are still infinitely better than any other ear buds I've used in the past

Did the beats earbuds you try hold up well against sweat and not fall out of your ear when doing cardio?

Aggression
03-07-13, 3:19 pm
http://njbestbuys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/RS-sony-ear.jpg

I've been using these for years now. I have small ears, so the 'in ear' buds don't stay in. These little fuckers are cheap as hell, about $9. I always buy 2 each time I go to the store (Target). Longer cord, they stay tight, and they sound much better than the standard iphone/ipod earbuds. I don't want anything top of the line bc hey, its the gym we're talking about. These are both functional and affordable. Win-win. The only drawback I see is if you're used to wearing a hat while training, the tops of the earbuds can get in the way.

smoothballer
03-07-13, 3:23 pm

I've been using these for years now. I have small ears, so the 'in ear' buds don't stay in. These little fuckers are cheap as hell, about $9. I always buy 2 each time I go to the store (Target). Longer cord, they stay tight, and they sound much better than the standard iphone/ipod earbuds. I don't want anything top of the line bc hey, its the gym we're talking about. These are both functional and affordable. Win-win. The only drawback I see is if you're used to wearing a hat while training, the tops of the earbuds can get in the way.

I see what you did there taking away my dedicated thread...

I used to have these, but I agree they don't work while wearing a hat which I do every workout.

Phil800101
03-07-13, 3:50 pm

I used to have these, but I agree they don't work while wearing a hat which I do every workout.

Those were my go-to headphones for years, and they definitely worked well. My problem was I kept destroying them by sweating in them too much.

Aggression
03-07-13, 3:51 pm

wasn't me (srs)

Appollonian
03-07-13, 4:02 pm

I'm going to look into picking these up. I don't care to spend anymore than the bare minimum, as I've said before I've destroyed more than one pair of 'sweat resistant' headphones with sweat alone. If I can get some that sound good, that's a bonus.

rainman
03-07-13, 4:13 pm
I'm still using the Monster N-Ergy in ear headphones, but with some of the buds out of my old iBeats phones as they were a better fit. They are pretty cheap for the quality and the magnetic buds are a really good idea for when you take them out your ears, which is a nice touch. I listened to Nirvana's Nevermind yesterday and was impressed by how clear it sounded for their 'budget' phones. The Beats headphones with the thicker cable are really robust, (the thinner cabled iBeats weren't), so the iSport, N-ergy, Tours and Diddy Beats etc. are a good bet generally.

If sweating is a problem then I would probably go for the iSport ones if you can get them cheap. I got the yellow Lance Armstrong ones full price before that Oprah interview. Could probably get them half price if I'd held out for a month!

Aggression
03-07-13, 5:28 pm
My problem was I kept destroying them by sweating in them too much.

as I've said before I've destroyed more than one pair of 'sweat resistant' headphones with sweat alone. If I can get some that sound good, that's a bonus.

The ones I posted aren't the BEST when it comes to sweat. But I guess it all comes down to how much one sweats. My shirt is pretty much soaked through at the end of ANY training session that involves cardio. Occasionally, the one ear will go out slightly. But I just take it out, rub it off, and its all good.

SoChillBro
03-07-13, 5:31 pm
Did the beats earbuds you try hold up well against sweat and not fall out of your ear when doing cardio?

I didn't do cardio when I was using them and my cardio is usually only the stairmaster, but no problem with sweat or them falling out or feeling disgusting, and the bass would vibrate my brain lol

jexta
03-08-13, 12:39 pm
sup guys! I figured I would throw in what I use; it isn't CHEAP! about $170 but you get what you pay for. http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/details-specs/

They have lifetime sweat proof warranty. Lil flaps that secure inside your ear so you can run all you want. They can be setup for under-ear or over-ear for whatever you prefer. AND MY FAVORITE part, completely wireless.. got them with the new 7th gen nano and the range is insane, with the fact that it has a good 8 hours worth of battery life! no more snagging ur shit while tryin to do a REP lol.

Figured I would throw these out there, I love the shit outta mine.

Appollonian
03-08-13, 1:12 pm
The ones I posted aren't the BEST when it comes to sweat. But I guess it all comes down to how much one sweats. My shirt is pretty much soaked through at the end of ANY training session that involves cardio. Occasionally, the one ear will go out slightly. But I just take it out, rub it off, and its all good.

I'm used to paying $10-15 a month buying new headphones that have bad sound quality, so even if they only last 3-4 weeks AND the sound is good, I'm OK with that.

Aggression
03-08-13, 1:26 pm
I'm used to paying $10-15 a month buying new headphones that have bad sound quality, so even if they only last 3-4 weeks AND the sound is good, I'm OK with that.

Like I said, I'm a fucking sweat machine. The current pair has lasted me well over a year, maybe two. I lost the pair at one point, so I went to my old standard iphone headphones. Took one week before the cord was yanked and that was it for those. Found the blue pair and its all back to normal again.

Appollonian
03-08-13, 1:35 pm
Like I said, I'm a fucking sweat machine. The current pair has lasted me well over a year, maybe two. I lost the pair at one point, so I went to my old standard iphone headphones. Took one week before the cord was yanked and that was it for those. Found the blue pair and its all back to normal again.

I too am a sweat monster. I'll be picking these up this weekend, thanks for the review, sounds like exactly what I need.

TheJuggernautBitch
03-09-13, 8:31 pm
i have these headphones that apple makes and they're pretty tight.
they're not the regular ipod headphones.
i think they're like an upgrade on them but i dunno.

scals
03-09-13, 11:22 pm
I use some Skull Candy DJ like ones that I love!

deanna7272
03-10-13, 12:24 am
I usually use that Sony's that go INTO the ear, not just the little buds... I have gone through about 5 pair now though... I love the sound quality, blocks outside noise BUT every pair that I have had, the RIGHT one goes out... EVERY TIME!!!

I caved tonight and bought the Yurbuds Inspire... They were $30 and I usually won't go over $15 but these are the only ones that I can slip into my ears and they stay... Tomorrow will be the true test if they are legit... Crossing my fingers and if not, I'm sending them back...lol

smoothballer
03-10-13, 12:02 pm
I usually use that Sony's that go INTO the ear, not just the little buds... I have gone through about 5 pair now though... I love the sound quality, blocks outside noise BUT every pair that I have had, the RIGHT one goes out... EVERY TIME!!!

I caved tonight and bought the Yurbuds Inspire... They were $30 and I usually won't go over $15 but these are the only ones that I can slip into my ears and they stay... Tomorrow will be the true test if they are legit... Crossing my fingers and if not, I'm sending them back...lol

Looked into the yarbuds. Let me know what you think. $30 isn't bad if they hold up my sexy sweating.

deanna7272
03-10-13, 12:05 pm
Looked into the yarbuds. Let me know what you think. $30 isn't bad if they hold up my sexy sweating.

I will definitely let ya know... I don't like paying that much because they are JUST headphones, BUT I definitely know the IMPORTANCE of having outside noise stay out and keeping the banging beats in my head!!!

((Now to figure out why Myron's proposed out on me last night... Mercury MUST be in retrograde!!!!))

MAB
03-10-13, 2:25 pm
I use the Sony headphones that go in your ear but have the hook that goes around your ear so they stay in. Only problem is after a while they start to go out and I've actually had a few pair shock me... For some reason the buds just don't stay in my ears. I can't be too mad though I only pay about $5 for them and they last at least 6months or so.

Razor
03-10-13, 4:01 pm
Best headphones i've ever bought:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSport-Immersion-Headphones-ControlTalk/dp/B003YH9EZ8/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_z

These get thrown into the washer too every other week.

smoothballer
03-10-13, 5:21 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSport-Immersion-Headphones-ControlTalk/dp/B003YH9EZ8/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_z

They look sweet but damn those are expensive. Even the beatz I saw on sale were 55

deanna7272
03-10-13, 5:41 pm
I use the Sony headphones that go in your ear but have the hook that goes around your ear so they stay in. Only problem is after a while they start to go out and I've actually had a few pair shock me... For some reason the buds just don't stay in my ears. I can't be too mad though I only pay about $5 for them and they last at least 6months or so.

They don't fit my ears either...lol. The ones I bought are made for women's ears (whatever that means... We must have dainty ears or maybe because we don't have those hairs sprouting out....lol)

Someone just told me about them washing theirs today...lol. I'd be so mad at myself if I ran mine thought he washer...lol

deanna7272
03-10-13, 5:43 pm
The Yurbuds Inspire did well... They don't block out everything like the other seemed to as the music fades, but they have great sound and puts the jams in my drums...

rainman
03-10-13, 6:51 pm
If sweating is a problem then I would probably go for the iSport ones if you can get them cheap. I got the yellow Lance Armstrong ones full price before that Oprah interview. Could probably get them half price if I'd held out for a month!

They look sweet but damn those are expensive. Even the beatz I saw on sale were 55

Many a true word spoken in jest... http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSport-LIVESTRONG-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B006VJQ2OM/ref=pd_sim_e_1

These are so good for the money. I was listening to Nirvana's Nevermind the other day with some and was picking out things I'd never noticed before in the audio. And this is on an album I must have listened to at least 500 times. Plus they're washable, (never tried this though), have a durable, tangle free cord, a right angled socket and are in a somewhat iconic yellow colour.

I have some Bose on ear headphones, as well as a pair of Fanny Wang on ears and these are the phones I grab if I am on the way out to the shops or something. For this price they're an amazing deal.

korn_fed
03-10-13, 8:54 pm
Skullcandy Titan's are sick. The headphone cord itself is wrapped in some kind of metal underneath the plastic outer coating, and the outer coating itself is very tough. They're not very flexible compared to other headphones, but you would have to put effort into ripping/tearing the cord

Razor
03-11-13, 8:41 am

What sold me was the fact that they were $169 at best buy then i jumped on Amazon and saw them for $57 when i bought them. Waterproof, secure fit, sound isolating. Pretty much all i ever wanted in a gym headphone.

smoothballer
03-11-13, 10:01 am
What sold me was the fact that they were $169 at best buy then i jumped on Amazon and saw them for $57 when i bought them. Waterproof, secure fit, sound isolating. Pretty much all i ever wanted in a gym headphone.

$57 is doable, the link you put down has them at $140. No thanks at that price

Razor
03-11-13, 10:03 am
$57 is doable, the link you put down has them at $140. No thanks at that price

haha my bad bro i swore it said $57. I might be the yellow ones then. For some reason the prices switch back and forth. When i bought the blue ones, the yellow ones were going for $140.

Nix0r
03-11-13, 10:04 am
I just bought a cheap-ass pair of headphones to go with my cheap-ass new MP3 player.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1155588&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET03ORDER

Best $20 I've spent. The sound quality is awesome, and they stay in my ear without causing any kind of discomfort.

Chris_Heard
03-11-13, 9:20 pm
I just bought a cheap-ass pair of headphones to go with my cheap-ass new MP3 player.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1155588&tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03ORDER&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03ORDER-_-Deals&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET03ORDER

Best $20 I've spent. The sound quality is awesome, and they stay in my ear without causing any kind of discomfort.

I use the yurbuds and i love them! they have great sound and do not fall out no matter what your doing! i highly recomend them

Lifting_Is_Life
03-11-13, 9:36 pm
I use every single pair I can find around the house. Because I am freaking CURSED with the cord somehow wrapping around EVERYTHING. I'm talking a tiny ass nut, barbells, nails, power racks, water fountains, cabinets, I literally don't know how half of these can even be possible but it happens and they rip right out of my ear so I never go with anything fancy

jexta
03-12-13, 5:43 pm
I use every single pair I can find around the house. Because I am freaking CURSED with the cord somehow wrapping around EVERYTHING. I'm talking a tiny ass nut, barbells, nails, power racks, water fountains, cabinets, I literally don't know how half of these can even be possible but it happens and they rip right out of my ear so I never go with anything fancy

go bluetooth man.. i had the same issue, shit would piss me off to no end and it was hard to get a decent workout cuz soon as i got snagged I would rage and lose my focus. Unfortunately that means it won't be cheap tho; I got the jaybird bluebuds: http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/details-specs/

The price was shitty but I have never been more pleased with it as far as 'gettin what you pay for' and I have friends that thought it was outrageous but so far my workout partner has caught up to me in how much money was spent simply by buying $30 pairs here and there and breaking them. Worth looking into. Snagging is a thing of the past!

smoothballer
03-12-13, 9:32 pm
go bluetooth man.. i had the same issue, shit would piss me off to no end and it was hard to get a decent workout cuz soon as i got snagged I would rage and lose my focus. Unfortunately that means it won't be cheap tho; I got the jaybird bluebuds: http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/details-specs/

The price was shitty but I have never been more pleased with it as far as 'gettin what you pay for' and I have friends that thought it was outrageous but so far my workout partner has caught up to me in how much money was spent simply by buying $30 pairs here and there and breaking them. Worth looking into. Snagging is a thing of the past!

Very frisking cool. Pricey but damn cool.

CMurray
03-13-13, 11:07 pm
Skullcandy

They are cheap and sound good.

Doolz
03-13-13, 11:28 pm
Skullcandy

They are cheap and sound good.

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/headphones/earphones-and-earbuds/fix

Have had the same pair for almost two years and still blowing my ears out.

Aggression
03-21-13, 1:50 pm

Just purchased these myself b/c I wanted to buy something and saw this thread. They better not disappoint or it's your ass, Nix.

Razor
03-21-13, 1:58 pm
just purchased these myself b/c i wanted to buy something and saw this thread. They better not disappoint or it's your ass, nix.

hahahaha

Nix0r
03-21-13, 2:03 pm
Just purchased these myself b/c I wanted to buy something and saw this thread. They better not disappoint or it's your ass, Nix.

:(

Nix0r
03-26-13, 9:30 am

So... what's the verdict? Hopefully nothing bad will happen to my ass.

Aggression
03-26-13, 9:54 am
So... what's the verdict? Hopefully nothing bad will happen to my ass.

Used them for the first time last night, squatting. They blew my mind. Noise-cancelling is unreal. I couldn't hear anything other than music. Felt like I was in my own world, with no one else around. Didn't even take notice of others in the gym. And the sound of those bad boys .. fantastic. Easily the best pair of headphones I've ever jammed into my ears. And I have little ears, so finding a pair of buds that actually fit/stay in there is a definite plus. Now let's just see if they stand up to the wear and tear from constant use. The microphone aspect is cool too. I need to try that part out.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Kowboy
03-26-13, 9:57 am
I use these, I can't have wires or bad things happen

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00428N9OK/180-9437216-2688430

Nix0r
03-26-13, 10:01 am
Used them for the first time last night, squatting. They blew my mind. Noise-cancelling is unreal. I couldn't hear anything other than music. Felt like I was in my own world, with no one else around. Didn't even take notice of others in the gym. And the sound of those bad boys .. fantastic. Easily the best pair of headphones I've ever jammed into my ears. And I have little ears, so finding a pair of buds that actually fit/stay in there is a definite plus. Now let's just see if they stand up to the wear and tear from constant use. The microphone aspect is cool too. I need to try that part out.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/318/b/2/MAXIMUM_BROFIST_by_Defiant_Ant.png

naturalguy
03-26-13, 11:30 am
I use these, I can't have wires or bad things happen

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00428N9OK/180-9437216-2688430

Do they work good? I've been considering a blue tooth headset

Kowboy
03-26-13, 11:50 am
Do they work good? I've been considering a blue tooth headset

Yeah, I received a bum one initially but went through plantronics and received a new one quickly. Since then they have worked, over a year now. Sound quality is doable for the gym. It is just nice to not have wires everywhere. Plus the thin cable that goes behind your head doesn't interfere w/ bench pressing, ohp etc.

Aggression
02-08-14, 8:50 am
Yeah, I received a bum one initially but went through plantronics and received a new one quickly. Since then they have worked, over a year now. Sound quality is doable for the gym. It is just nice to not have wires everywhere. Plus the thin cable that goes behind your head doesn't interfere w/ bench pressing, ohp etc.

Interesting. I'm considering picking up a pair of wireless headphones. Was expecting to pay more than what these are listed at, so I'll have to consider them. I still have the other ones that Nix recommended, a few posts above. They're great. But all of a sudden, I'm intrigued with the wireless guys.

I would love to grab these, but damn, that's some serious money for headphones. Looking back at this thread, I bought the pair back in March'13 and I still have that pair, with no problems. But the marketing on the jaybirds page is serious. Makes me think I NEED them, haha.

smoothballer
02-10-14, 7:45 am
My crappy earbuds finally bit the dust. I researched a bunch and didn't want to spend a lot of money on them since I beat them up pretty good in the gym. I ended up going to Best Buy and they had the Yurbuds Talk on clearance for like 25 bucks. I had 2 main needs. Sweatproof and stay in my ear because I have started running again for the Mudder. These things are pretty damn solid. I thought the fit would be weird but it is not bad at all and I love not having to constantly put the earbuds back in.

Aggression
02-10-14, 8:37 am
My crappy earbuds finally bit the dust. I researched a bunch and didn't want to spend a lot of money on them since I beat them up pretty good in the gym. I ended up going to Best Buy and they had the Yurbuds Talk on clearance for like 25 bucks. I had 2 main needs. Sweatproof and stay in my ear because I have started running again for the Mudder. These things are pretty damn solid. I thought the fit would be weird but it is not bad at all and I love not having to constantly put the earbuds back in.

wireless?

smoothballer
02-10-14, 8:40 am
wireless?

Mine aren't. They do have a wireless option but once again you are looking at over a hundred bucks. But I would consider these since they stay in my ear while running and I am not an audiophile where sound has to be perfect since I am hitting the weights or cardio and focus is there.

https://yurbuds.com/products/in-the-ear/inspire-limited-edition-wireless/

Aggression
02-10-14, 8:45 am
Mine aren't. They do have a wireless option but once again you are looking at over a hundred bucks. But I would consider these since they stay in my ear while running and I am not an audiophile where sound has to be perfect since I am hitting the weights or cardio and focus is there.

https://yurbuds.com/products/in-the-ear/inspire-limited-edition-wireless/

Gotcha. My headphones just started biting the dust, after a year. I consider that a great run. Now I'm looking for something better. Because of the weather, I now put the headphones in and then throw a beanie on to run outside, so the beanie keeps the buds snug in the ear. But now the music is constantly cutting in/out, which is extremely annoying, as I'm sure you know. Maybe I'll just go with another cheap pair .. for now.

Kowboy
02-10-14, 8:47 am
Been rocking the Motorola SD-11 Bluetooth, they are not as loud as I like but being wireless is pretty awesome.

smoothballer
02-10-14, 9:12 am
Gotcha. My headphones just started biting the dust, after a year. I consider that a great run. Now I'm looking for something better. Because of the weather, I now put the headphones in and then throw a beanie on to run outside, so the beanie keeps the buds snug in the ear. But now the music is constantly cutting in/out, which is extremely annoying, as I'm sure you know. Maybe I'll just go with another cheap pair .. for now.

Yeah that's what happened to me. I just had a hard time justifying 100 bones for headphones. Especially when I didn't know how they would work for me. If I like these after the Mudder where I will be up to running 6 miles at a time and working out 3-4 days a week and they still hold up and meet my requirements I will consider going the wireless route with this brand.

Ultimately I was down to (non-wireless):

- Yurbuds
- Sennheider CX 685
- Monster iSport (ended up being too pricey but sound is supposed to be awesome)

DoubleTapJak
02-12-14, 10:39 am
Interesting. I'm considering picking up a pair of wireless headphones. Was expecting to pay more than what these are listed at, so I'll have to consider them. I still have the other ones that Nix recommended, a few posts above. They're great. But all of a sudden, I'm intrigued with the wireless guys.

I would love to grab these, but damn, that's some serious money for headphones. Looking back at this thread, I bought the pair back in March'13 and I still have that pair, with no problems. But the marketing on the jaybirds page is serious. Makes me think I NEED them, haha.

I had a set of Jaybirds and loved them like my child. Then, much like my child, I lost them somewhere on campus. Or they were taken out of my pack. Never showed up in lost and found and I didn't want to pay that much again so I went back to the samsung ones that came with my phone. If I ever go wireless again it'll be Jay's. I've tried yurbuds and they didn't fit in my ear well at all.

stlee
02-13-14, 3:34 pm
I will always recommend Sennheiser, http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Adidas-Sports-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0094R4POC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392323760&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx+685 they sound great never fall out and are reasonably priced.

Xaero
02-24-14, 8:15 pm
yurbud inspire pros are great, they dont fall out and take a beating like no other headphone I love mine check it out, and they fit most budgets. https://yurbuds.com/products/in-the-ear/inspire-pro/

-Xaero

papercut
03-17-14, 9:30 pm
anyone have any recommendations for a set of earbuds that are durable for training but also noise cancelling? I also like to listen to music while I ride my motorcycle but with wind noise and music it takes a toll on hearing. and my headphones can't seemed to last more than 6 months in the gym without shorting out or flat out dying.