PDA

View Full Version : No BS, Just My Journey

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 7:51 am
I thought I'd finally start another journey. My name is Ryan, I'm 5'-11" and 180 lbs. I'm not here to bull shit anyone on anything. Everything I post is real. Why live any other way? If your hoping to see amazing feats of strength in this journey then you'll be sadly disappointed. I'm not a freak...... yet.

I train mostly DC based workouts. I might get back into some real heavy shit once a friend of mine heals up from a RC tear. He's in his late 40's and holds a few records in NASA. Maybe someday I'll I have a record or two, but I'm in no hurry. This sport is a marathon, not a sprint. I train M, W, F and sometimes Sat.

My diet is semi-clean but if I want to eat some junk food then I will. I'll put up my diet in the near future.

My supps are pretty simple. I have an order coming in today and this is what I'll have: Pak, Pump, Omega, Storm, RG, Ultra Iso Whey, EAA Nitro & Uni-liver.

Feel free to post or say or ask anything in here because this will be my journey in the gym and in life.

sly06
06-03-08, 7:56 am
I thought I'd finally start another journey. My name is Ryan, I'm 5'-11" and 180 lbs. I'm not here to bull shit anyone on anything. Everything I post is real. Why live any other way? If your hoping to see amazing feats of strength in this journey then you'll be sadly disappointed. I'm not a freak...... yet.

I train mostly DC based workouts. I might get back into some real heavy shit once a friend of mine heals up from a RC tear. He's in his late 40's and holds a few records in NASA. Maybe someday I'll I have a record or two, but I'm in no hurry. This sport is a marathon, not a sprint. I train M, W, F and sometimes Sat.

My diet is semi-clean but if I want to eat some junk food then I will. I'll put up my diet in the near future.

My supps are pretty simple. I have an order coming in today and this is what I'll have: Pak, Pump, Omega, Storm, RG, Ultra Iso Whey, EAA Nitro & Uni-liver.

Feel free to post or say or ask anything in here because this will be my journey in the gym and in life.

DC training I see. Good luck with that. There are a lot of people here that use that program. Just get your diet clean and eat your ass off. Good luck.

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 8:01 am
Chest:
Incline DB Press
50 x 10 (WU)
70 x 10 (WU)
85 x 11 RP 3 RP 2 w/ a negative
EFS

Shoulders:
Smith Press (front)
95 x 10 (WU)
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 10 RP 4 RP 2
EFS

Tri's:
Cable Straight-bar Push-downs
84 x 10 (WU)
108 x 28 RP 12 RP 7
EFS

Back (width):
Wide-grip pull-downs (BTN)
84 x 12 (WU)
120 x 10 (WU)
156 x 9 RP 5 RP 3

Back (thickness):
Smith Bent-over rows (under-hand grip)
95 x 12 (WU)
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 6
135x 16
EFS

Cardio:
Elliptical
10 minutes

Had great intensity. Getting the DBs up on incline sucked after the first part of the rest-pause. Wasted a ton of energy trying to get them up. Going to grab a spot next time to help. My back was thoroughly trashed by the time I got to my BOR. This workout lasted about 40 minutes not counting the cardio.

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 8:09 am
DC training I see. Good luck with that. There are a lot of people here that use that program. Just get your diet clean and eat your ass off. Good luck.

Thanks Sly, I've been hitting DC for six months now and have had great results.

js71474
06-03-08, 8:37 am
Good luck with the new journey and I am subbed to keep up with your progress. Good numbers on the last workout!

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 8:40 am
Good luck with the new journey and I am subbed to keep up with your progress. Good numbers on the last workout!

Thanks! I appreciate the support.

krazyassmexican
06-03-08, 9:58 am
glad to see you have a journal bro, your supp stack is solid as hell and your workouts as well

deanna7272
06-03-08, 10:16 am
Hey there Mister.. Glad to see you got it up and going... You are the one on this journey, no need to preempt it with apologies about what weight and what you're eating... You do what works for you.. We all learn along the way and get stronger everyday!!! EveryBODY is different, you do what's right for you... You're a smart guy and there are some VERY knowledgeable people here... Listen, decipher, and learn....

Keep up the intensity... BIG things will come... I'm subbed in and ready to watch you GROW!!!!

Brutus_515
06-03-08, 10:22 am
Solid man...i am subbed

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 10:57 am
glad to see you have a journal bro, your supp stack is solid as hell and your workouts as well

Hey there Mister.. Glad to see you got it up and going... You are the one on this journey, no need to preempt it with apologies about what weight and what you're eating... You do what works for you.. We all learn along the way and get stronger everyday!!! EveryBODY is different, you do what's right for you... You're a smart guy and there are some VERY knowledgeable people here... Listen, decipher, and learn....

Keep up the intensity... BIG things will come... I'm subbed in and ready to watch you GROW!!!!

Solid man...i am subbed

Thanks for being in my corner. This should be fun.

Toni69
06-03-08, 10:58 am
Hola...Im in for the ride. Im looking foward to seeing how you progress with DC. DC is good stuff...I will be watchin. ;)

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 11:02 am
I just got out of an Employee Awareness Meeting. We had to evaluate a "What if" scenario. The scenario was: You were in a meeting room and the fire alarm sounds. As your leaving an employee drops to the floor unconscious. What do you do? After calling security and informing the floor warden your supposed to leave them! What the Fuck! I had to speak my mind. I understand the company can't tell you to stay behind but who could live with themselves if they left the person behind to die? Seriously. That's it for my rant. Short and sweet.

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 11:03 am
Hola...Im in for the ride. Im looking foward to seeing how you progress with DC. DC is good stuff...I will be watchin. ;)

Thanks Toni! Glad to have ya here!

joe-yamma
06-03-08, 11:34 am
no bs? i'm in... subbed.
real life diet and solid supplement lineup...
i like where your head's at bro.

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 11:42 am
no bs? i'm in... subbed.
real life diet and solid supplement lineup...
i like where your head's at bro.

Thanks! I'll post my diet so people can tell me how bad it sucks, but it is real:

6:00 am - 1 cup Oatmeal, Real Gains Banana Milkshake.
9:00 am - 3 Eggs (stepping up to 4 tomorrow), Pop-tarts, Uni-liver
12:00 pm - 2 Natty PB & J on whole wheat bread, Uni-liver
2:30 pm - Yogurt w/ almonds, protein bar, Uni-liver
6:00 pm - supper (always varies but usually high protein)
9:00 pm - some form of snack, anything from cottage cheese to chips and salsa.
10:00 pm - Ultra Iso Whey Lemonade Chiller

That's it. I try to work in an extra shake after training but if I don't, then I don't. Supper is usually only an hour after training so I can hit "my window" for carbs. I alreadt know I need veggies (green) and more food to bulk. I'm working on it. I haven't nailed down my timing yet for my new supps. I'll have to work it out tonight.

I will take suggestions.

Brutus_515
06-03-08, 11:44 am
I just got out of an Employee Awareness Meeting. We had to evaluate a "What if" scenario. The scenario was: You were in a meeting room and the fire alarm sounds. As your leaving an employee drops to the floor unconscious. What do you do? After calling security and informing the floor warden your supposed to leave them! What the Fuck! I had to speak my mind. I understand the company can't tell you to stay behind but who could live with themselves if they left the person behind to die? Seriously. That's it for my rant. Short and sweet.

haha yeah dude I work loss prevention for a company we do security and disaster recovery...thats all for liability so your family doesnt sue them when you get charded to death ...I we had to go for all that training and shit red-cross training and floor warden bull shit

Brutus_515
06-03-08, 11:46 am
Thanks! I'll post my diet so people can tell me how bad it sucks, but it is real:

6:00 am - 1 cup Oatmeal, Real Gains Banana Milkshake.
9:00 am - 3 Eggs (stepping up to 4 tomorrow), Pop-tarts, Uni-liver
12:00 pm - 2 Natty PB & J on whole wheat bread, Uni-liver
2:30 pm - Yogurt w/ almonds, protein bar, Uni-liver
6:00 pm - supper (always varies but usually high protein)
9:00 pm - some form of snack, anything from cottage cheese to chips and salsa.
10:00 pm - Ultra Iso Whey Lemonade Chiller

That's it. I try to work in an extra shake after training but if I don't, then I don't. Supper is usually only an hour after training so I can hit "my window" for carbs. I alreadt know I need veggies (green) and more food to bulk. I'm working on it. I haven't nailed down my timing yet for my new supps. I'll have to work it out tonight.

I will take suggestions.

Eat them eggs first get that protien in early....and just move up all your meals after that to be alittle closer .... pretty much flip flop your morning RG with eggs and go ahead and start eatting 6 at a time...they are cheap and the best THANG for ya...In my own opinion..but all and all looks solid!

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 11:53 am
Eat them eggs first get that protien in early....and just move up all your meals after that to be alittle closer .... pretty much flip flop your morning RG with eggs and go ahead and start eatting 6 at a time...they are cheap and the best THANG for ya...In my own opinion..but all and all looks solid!

Thanks. I agree completely on the eggs. Have you noticed that if most people on here at what they say they do they would all have their pro cards. I could make up a great diet but if I can't do it then what's the fuckin' point?

Brutus_515
06-03-08, 12:04 pm
Thanks. I agree completely on the eggs. Have you noticed that if most people on here at what they say they do they would all have their pro cards. I could make up a great diet but if I can't do it then what's the fuckin' point?

It's called cut and paste brother cut and paste!..lol

joe-yamma
06-03-08, 12:16 pm
I will take suggestions.your logic is good.
i agree w/ what shaf said.
what about a protein powder with some casein pre-bedtime?
something that digests a little slower over the night?
maybe some yogurt or cottage cheese?
maybe hit the RG before bed (too many carbs?)?

for timing, i'd suggest this:
RG: 9am
Pak and Omega: with RG or protein shake at 9am.
(i used to say Pak and Omega with breakfast but both Ox and J-Dawg have posted about not taking Omega with a lot of fiber)
Ultra Iso: In between meals
Pump: pre-workout
EAA Nitro: during workout
Uni-Liver: 3 or 4 with each meal
Storm: 1st thing Am on off days (you can probably hold off on the Storm if you're taking Pump everyday)

bro, what are you doing post-workout?
if you're bulking, that's the "window of opportunity"
i know it's pricey, but i can't say enough about Torrent.

joe-yamma
06-03-08, 12:18 pm

It's called cut and paste brother cut and paste!..lolhaha, no doubt. i don't believe 1/2 of the regular diets and 3/4 of the keto diets.
kinda like the old saying: "believe 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear"

firsthorseman97
06-03-08, 12:24 pm
your logic is good.
i agree w/ what shaf said.
what about a protein powder with some casein pre-bedtime?
something that digests a little slower over the night?
maybe some yogurt or cottage cheese?
maybe hit the RG before bed (too many carbs?)?

for timing, i'd suggest this:
RG: 9am
Pak and Omega: with RG or protein shake at 9am.
(i used to say Pak and Omega with breakfast but both Ox and J-Dawg have posted about not taking Omega with a lot of fiber)
Ultra Iso: In between meals
Pump: pre-workout
EAA Nitro: during workout
Uni-Liver: 3 or 4 with each meal
Storm: 1st thing Am on off days (you can probably hold off on the Storm if you're taking Pump everyday)

bro, when do you train? am, pm? what are you doing post-workout?
i know it's pricey, but i can't say enough about Torrent.

Thanks Joe, I WO at 4:00 pm. I honestly don't take anything post till supper. If I have my protein bar left over I'll eat that on the drive home. I definitely need to invest in some Torrent. I have no problem with the carbs at night. I think I'll do the RG then and hit the Iso between some meals.

I just want to use up my Storm. So you think I should do it on off days and skip the Pump till I'm out of Storm then use the Pump everyday? I was doing Pump pre then Storm and EAA stack Intra. What about Storm Intra with the EAA Nitro?

Brutus_515
06-03-08, 12:27 pm
Thanks Joe, I WO at 4:00 pm. I honestly don't take anything post till supper. If I have my protein bar left over I'll eat that on the drive home. I definitely need to invest in some Torrent. I have no problem with the carbs at night. I think I'll do the RG then and hit the Iso between some meals.

I just want to use up my Storm. So you think I should do it on off days and skip the Pump till I'm out of Storm then use the Pump everyday? I was doing Pump pre then Storm and EAA stack Intra. What about Storm Intra with the EAA Nitro?

I bet all joe seen in this post was......

blah blah blah pump....blah blah pump blah..torrent torrent torrent...blah blah blah pump

he just got a can and got 3 text messages about how awesome it is

joe-yamma
06-03-08, 2:10 pm

I just want to use up my Storm. So you think I should do it on off days and skip the Pump till I'm out of Storm then use the Pump everyday? I was doing Pump pre then Storm and EAA stack Intra. What about Storm Intra with the EAA Nitro?sounds like a very solid plan. throw that Torrent in there and you're good to go.
trust me, you'll be able to tell the effects of Torrent in a week or so.

that's exactly how i use Storm. intra w/ EAA Stack for the BigAnt drink!

i am a big fan of Torrent and Pump, i was gonna say "just ask shaf" but you can see his smartass post above, haha.

firsthorseman97
06-04-08, 7:41 am
Here's the list of supps I got in yesterday:

Pak (3 cans)
Pump (3 cans)
Omega (2 cans)
EAA Nitro

Looking forward to starting the pump, omega and EAA Nitro on Monday. I'll stick with my storm to finish out the week.

Tonight I'll be training Bi's and Legs.

krazyassmexican
06-04-08, 9:13 am
Here's the list of supps I got in yesterday:

Pak (3 cans)
Pump (3 cans)
Omega (2 cans)
EAA Nitro

Looking forward to starting the pump, omega and EAA Nitro on Monday. I'll stick with my storm to finish out the week.

Tonight I'll be training Bi's and Legs.

lots of cans bro lol!
stack looks great

js71474
06-04-08, 9:18 am
Anxious to see how the stack works for ya, cause it looks good. Good luck!

Brutus_515
06-04-08, 9:20 am
sounds like a very solid plan. throw that Torrent in there and you're good to go.
trust me, you'll be able to tell the effects of Torrent in a week or so.

that's exactly how i use Storm. intra w/ EAA Stack for the BigAnt drink!

i am a big fan of Torrent and Pump, i was gonna say "just ask shaf" but you can see his smartass post above, haha.

Touche`

firsthorseman97
06-04-08, 9:31 am
lots of cans bro lol!
stack looks great

Anxious to see how the stack works for ya, cause it looks good. Good luck!

Thanks. I'm trying to keep it fairly simple. Definitely looking forward to the Omega.

firsthorseman97
06-05-08, 7:26 am
Here's how last night went down....

Bi's:
BB Curls
45 x 10 (WU)
65 x 8 (WU)
75 x 13 RP 7 RP 5
EFS

Forearms:
Rope twists
10 lb plate down then up

Calves:
Seated calf raises
90 x 14 (2 sec hold @ top, 5 sec coming down, 5 sec stretch @ bottom, then 30 sec stretch @ the end)

Hams:
Smith SLDL
95 x 10 (WU)
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 13
EFS

Quads:
BB Front Squats
135 x 6 (WU)
155 x 6 (WU)
185 x 7
95 x 18 (WM- widowmaker)
EFS

Cardio:
Elliptical 10 min.

Not the most impressive numbers but it kicked my ass. I hadn't done front squats in about 4 months and it definitely showed. No excuses though. Workout last 40 minutes not counting the cardio.

js71474
06-05-08, 9:54 am

Bi's:
BB Curls
45 x 10 (WU)
65 x 8 (WU)
75 x 13 RP 7 RP 5
EFS

Forearms:
Rope twists
10 lb plate down then up

Calves:
Seated calf raises
90 x 14 (2 sec hold @ top, 5 sec coming down, 5 sec stretch @ bottom, then 30 sec stretch @ the end)

Hams:
Smith SLDL
95 x 10 (WU)
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 13
EFS

Quads:
BB Front Squats
135 x 6 (WU)
155 x 6 (WU)
185 x 7
95 x 18 (WM- widowmaker)
EFS

Cardio:
Elliptical 10 min.

Not the most impressive numbers but it kicked my ass. I hadn't done front squats in about 4 months and it definitely showed. No excuses though. Workout last 40 minutes not counting the cardio.

Pushin good weight bro good job!

Toni69
06-05-08, 12:16 pm

Bi's:
BB Curls
45 x 10 (WU)
65 x 8 (WU)
75 x 13 RP 7 RP 5
EFS

Forearms:
Rope twists
10 lb plate down then up

Calves:
Seated calf raises

Hams:
Smith SLDL
95 x 10 (WU)
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 13
EFS

Quads:
BB Front Squats
135 x 6 (WU)
155 x 6 (WU)
185 x 7
95 x 18 (WM- widowmaker)
EFS

Cardio:
Elliptical 10 min.

Its not always about the numbers as long as you have the intensity. I can get pumped of using 20lb db's...and some wo's call for lighter days and reppin shit out. I think you had a great day here. Front squats are awesome and not many guys can hold that bar with 185 to their chest. I opt for zerchers for myself though, simply cause I cant hold that weight to my chest and I have a pretty developed chest.

Fine work mister! I do not wanna come here again and see you say something like, "not the most impressive numbers" ever again! or else! LOL...

firsthorseman97
06-05-08, 12:23 pm
Its not always about the numbers as long as you have the intensity. I can get pumped of using 20lb db's...and some wo's call for lighter days and reppin shit out. I think you had a great day here. Front squats are awesome and not many guys can hold that bar with 185 to their chest. I opt for zerchers for myself though, simply cause I cant hold that weight to my chest and I have a pretty developed chest.

Fine work mister! I do not wanna come here again and see you say something like, "not the most impressive numbers" ever again! or else! LOL...

Yes ma'am! Not another word about my lil' weights. Oops! LOL!

My delts are a little bruised up from the front squats.

So the zerchers don't bother you cradling the weight like that?

Toni69
06-05-08, 12:26 pm
Yes ma'am! Not another word about my lil' weights. Oops! LOL!

My delts are a little bruised up from the front squats.

So the zerchers don't bother you cradling the weight like that?

I have to wear a long sleeve shirt or hoodie, I sweat my ass off, but its all good. You can also lightyl wrap your elbows where the bar rests. I found this to be easier on my back when I used to do them with my back issues. I havent done them in a while but they will come back into my routines once I get my smitty squats in check.

firsthorseman97
06-05-08, 12:30 pm
I have to wear a long sleeve shirt or hoodie, I sweat my ass off, but its all good. You can also lightyl wrap your elbows where the bar rests. I found this to be easier on my back when I used to do them with my back issues. I havent done them in a while but they will come back into my routines once I get my smitty squats in check.

I showed a kid at the gym the zerchers. He came up with the idea to use the squat pad (yes my gym has one of these) on the bar so its easier to cradle. I'm not sure why I didn't come up with that.

Toni69
06-05-08, 12:33 pm
I showed a kid at the gym the zerchers. He came up with the idea to use the squat pad (yes my gym has one of these) on the bar so its easier to cradle. I'm not sure why I didn't come up with that.

I dont like it..but try it and whatever works best for you..then go with it.

firsthorseman97
06-05-08, 12:42 pm
I dont like it..but try it and whatever works best for you..then go with it.

I'm not a big fan of it either, just thought I'd put it out there.

Merat
06-05-08, 3:15 pm
yo! Thought id check out ya log, looking good man, completly bs free! keep it up man, will be looking at it on a regular basis!

sly06
06-06-08, 2:17 am
Good workout bro!

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 7:01 am
yo! Thought id check out ya log, looking good man, completly bs free! keep it up man, will be looking at it on a regular basis!

Good workout bro!

Thanks for the support!

I'll be hitting it tonight or tomorrow morning. Depends if my brother is moving tonight or not.

mcbeast
06-06-08, 8:56 am
Yo punk!

I love me some front squats,my back looks monstrous cradling that bar =] (or so ive heard)

Hows everything going?

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 9:13 am
Yo punk!

I love me some front squats,my back looks monstrous cradling that bar =] (or so ive heard)

Hows everything going?

Ehh, could be better, could be worse. Just wish I knew if I was moving my brother's shit tonight or moving weight.

That's mean of people to lie to your face like that about your back. LOL! I've been following your journey, you've been throwing together some solid sessions.

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 9:16 am

Bi's:
BB Curls
45 x 10 (WU)
65 x 8 (WU)
75 x 13 RP 7 RP 5
EFS

Forearms:
Rope twists
10 lb plate down then up

Calves:
Seated calf raises

Hams:
Smith SLDL
95 x 10 (WU)
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 13
EFS

Quads:
BB Front Squats
135 x 6 (WU)
155 x 6 (WU)
185 x 7
95 x 18 (WM- widowmaker)
EFS

Cardio:
Elliptical 10 min.

I might be retarded but what are EFS's?....

dont worry about them numbers....you do more on front squats and SLDL's than i do...and at least you are telling the truth!...snap

10 minutes of cardio...you lucky son of a....haha

keep it up bro

mcbeast
06-06-08, 9:18 am
Ehh, could be better, could be worse. Just wish I knew if I was moving my brother's shit tonight or moving weight.

That's mean of people to lie to your face like that about your back. LOL! I've been following your journey, you've been throwing together some solid sessions.

have you seen my puny back?

Recently,just chillin-->
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/drivenbychaos57/bad2.jpg

Dude,i hate NOT knowing...right now im waiting to see if im working or not today...

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 9:20 am
I might be retarded but what are EFS's?....

dont worry about them numbers....you do more on front squats and SLDL's than i do...and at least you are telling the truth!...snap

10 minutes of cardio...you lucky son of a....haha

keep it up bro

EFS = Extreme Fascia Stretching

I hate cardio, can't ya tell? I get more cardio in when I get home and push Izzy around town in her lil' car. She always grabs the wheel and jerks her body forward trying to get it to go faster. She's a slave driver! (gets it from her mom)

mcbeast
06-06-08, 9:22 am
"Gets it from her mom"
haha,cant wait to have a kid,ive got time tho!

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 9:22 am

Recently,just chillin-->

Dude,i hate NOT knowing...right now im waiting to see if im working or not today...

Yes you have a pretty good back. It would appear alot wider if you trimmed up that waistline, but i think you know that already!

mcbeast
06-06-08, 9:26 am
I know,i have thick obliques,and all my fat goes to the sides,bastards..cut em off! Ill drop 6+ pounds before basic,when i walk out of basic im sure ill be 170,with a wider back and smaller waist =]

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 9:31 am
I know,i have thick obliques,and all my fat goes to the sides,bastards..cut em off! Ill drop 6+ pounds before basic,when i walk out of basic im sure ill be 170,with a wider back and smaller waist =]

After basic you'll have one helluva platform to build up from.

mcbeast
06-06-08, 9:35 am
After basic you'll have one helluva platform to build up from.

Yes sir,and it will show all of my well earned muscle ive packed on.Not much tho...have strength,need size

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 9:41 am
EFS = Extreme Fascia Stretching

I hate cardio, can't ya tell? I get more cardio in when I get home and push Izzy around town in her lil' car. She always grabs the wheel and jerks her body forward trying to get it to go faster. She's a slave driver! (gets it from her mom)

Oh i think I seen that in some online porn the other day?...

hahah slave driver..lol
I just got missy a membership to my "athletic club" it has a track around the weight equipment and cardio so she can take the stroller around it at certian times of the day...1.) so she can get back in shape and 2.) so she doesnt have an excuse to bitch when my fat ass has to start doing 3 hours of cardio..she can come too....but she probably still will lol

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 9:43 am
Oh i think I seen that in some online porn the other day?...

hahah slave driver..lol
I just got missy a membership to my "athletic club" it has a track around the weight equipment and cardio so she can take the stroller around it at certian times of the day...1.) so she can get back in shape and 2.) so she doesnt have an excuse to bitch when my fat ass has to start doing 3 hours of cardio..she can come too....but she probably still will lol

Speaking of strollers, the baby is due in about a month right?

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 9:45 am

your gunna do a shit load of push up!...and your going to be on a set diet with times so you will slim down a bit....

when I went to parris island i was a little pip squeek 140lbs they put me on double rations and my bunk mate was a fuck tard so I got thrown on the quarter deck with him all the time...my brother and parents didnt recogize me at the EGA cerimony when I was 160 with crazy vascularity...in my service charlies...fuck that kid he almost got me murdered my my DI haha

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 9:47 am
Speaking of strollers, the baby is due in about a month right?

YEha dude about 45 days or so...the shower is next weekend...I will be forced to make an appearce and not be a complete dick to her side of the family...I hate being fake...but the baby will come when ever she wants i guess...missy turkey timer (belly button) is almost all the way popped out

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 9:55 am
YEha dude about 45 days or so...the shower is next weekend...I will be forced to make an appearce and not be a complete dick to her side of the family...I hate being fake...but the baby will come when ever she wants i guess...missy turkey timer (belly button) is almost all the way popped out

Gotta love those showers. Just be there so she knows you care but stay out of the way because its "her" day. At least that's what i did. The worse part is when they want to show you all the stuff again! Hell, you just saw it an hour ago when she opened it!

Turkey timer. LMFAO! I'll tell Ash that one. Her sister is going to have a baby right around the time yours is due.

mcbeast
06-06-08, 10:01 am
your gunna do a shit load of push up!...and your going to be on a set diet with times so you will slim down a bit....

when I went to parris island i was a little pip squeek 140lbs they put me on double rations and my bunk mate was a fuck tard so I got thrown on the quarter deck with him all the time...my brother and parents didnt recogize me at the EGA cerimony when I was 160 with crazy vascularity...in my service charlies...fuck that kid he almost got me murdered my my DI haha

Yeah diet and cardio=hardcore slim down.I can deal with the pushups,i can bang out 75 in 40 seconds.Marines eh? Sick fuck,im going in to use the Govts money =],then cop or ff when i get out.

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 10:03 am
Gotta love those showers. Just be there so she knows you care but stay out of the way because its "her" day. At least that's what i did. The worse part is when they want to show you all the stuff again! Hell, you just saw it an hour ago when she opened it!

Turkey timer. LMFAO! I'll tell Ash that one. Her sister is going to have a baby right around the time yours is due.

haha yeah I am going out probably to the pool at my gym during the shower with my brother in law and possible joe...so I will show up at the end with flowers and a stuffed animal to pretend i am MR. awesome...but they know deep down I hate them all

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 10:06 am
Yeah diet and cardio=hardcore slim down.I can deal with the pushups,i can bang out 75 in 40 seconds.Marines eh? Sick fuck,im going in to use the Govts money =],then cop or ff when i get out.

that will change the Number you do wont we shit when you are doing 4 counts until your fingers go numb..

thats cool take the kicker on top of your GI bill when the ask you....you will make some serious cash after when you use it.....take them for what they are worth since your going to be deployed most likely for the majority of your term...the gyms on camp are fucking sick over seas better than half of them back in the states

mcbeast
06-06-08, 10:11 am
that will change the Number you do wont we shit when you are doing 4 counts until your fingers go numb..

thats cool take the kicker on top of your GI bill when the ask you....you will make some serious cash after when you use it.....take them for what they are worth since your going to be deployed most likely for the majority of your term...the gyms on camp are fucking sick over seas better than half of them back in the states

Af 6 year contract 2 year reserve.I love pushups,BRING IT

Toni69
06-06-08, 10:44 am

Recently,just chillin-->

your back looks great; great width and thickness! wow!

Toni69
06-06-08, 10:45 am
hey firsthorseman....

have you never seen pics of me before?

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 10:51 am
hey firsthorseman....

Af 6 year contract 2 year reserve.I love pushups,BRING IT

WOW you signed that thing?....I would of never signed up initally for 6 years active....I didnt know if i would have like it that long

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 11:07 am
hey firsthorseman....

WHO HASNT?...I personally like the one your swimming in the animal shirt haha

Toni69
06-06-08, 11:08 am
WHO HASNT?...I personally like the one your swimming in the animal shirt haha

excuse you...who hasnt??? LOL..I know, I like taking pictures tho.

Yea, that shirt shrunk a lot too believe it or not.

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 11:24 am
excuse you...who hasnt??? LOL..I know, I like taking pictures tho.

Yea, that shirt shrunk a lot too believe it or not.

Eh...haha

Well I will take your word for it

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 11:45 am
hey firsthorseman....

Yeah. I commented on your pics of you sporting your new shirt earlier today. I also saw you in the cage this year. Why?

Toni69
06-06-08, 11:46 am
Yeah. I commented on your pics of you sporting your new shirt earlier today. I also saw you in the cage this year. Why?

just wondering as all. Thank you. ;)

firsthorseman97
06-06-08, 11:59 am
just wondering as all. Thank you. ;)

Have you ever seen me? LOL! I have one pic on my bodyspace and a couple horrible progress pics on my myspace.

Toni69
06-06-08, 12:00 pm
Yes..I have seen you. Its always nice to place a name to the words..and the workouts..LOL

mcbeast
06-06-08, 1:13 pm
WOW you signed that thing?....I would of never signed up initally for 6 years active....I didnt know if i would have like it that long

Well i go in as E-3,and you can cross train every 3 years,so im good.

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 3:14 pm
Well i go in as E-3,and you can cross train every 3 years,so im good.

you books smart or common sence smart?

mcbeast
06-06-08, 3:29 pm
you books smart or common sence smart?

More common sense i suppose..why?

Brutus_515
06-06-08, 3:31 pm
More common sense i suppose..why?

its the military you better start reading books then...(how the airforce does there promotion in rank)...but common sence is frowned upon in the military...

haha Im just kidding around you should be fine

mcbeast
06-06-08, 4:04 pm
its the military you better start reading books then...(how the airforce does there promotion in rank)...but common sence is frowned upon in the military...

haha Im just kidding around you should be fine

haha,ill do just fine Shaff.

firsthorseman97
06-07-08, 9:59 am
So I bailed out of work early and hit the gym. This is what happened...

Chest:
Flat DB
60 x 8 (WU)
80 x 8 (WU)
100 x 6 RP 4 RP 2 (neg)
EFS

Shoulders:
Standing BB Press
Bar x 10 (WU)
95 x 10 (WU)
135 x 5 RP 2 RP 1

DB Side Lat. Raises
20 x 19
EFS

Tri's:
Smith CGB
135 x 10 (WU)
155 x 10 (WU)
175 x 11 RP 4 RP 2
EFS

Back width:
Chin-ups
BW x 10 (WU)
BW +25 x 8 RP 5 RP 3

Back thickness:
Jailhouse Rows
45 x 10 (WU)
90 x 10 (WU)
135 x 8
160 x 4
EFS

Workout time: 1 hr.

Not too bad of a workout. Chest and shoulders didn't quite feel up to par but tri's and back were strong.

I've decided to do a one week detox before jumping on my new stack. I'm going to keep taking Pak and Storm for this week while detoxing.

mcbeast
06-07-08, 10:51 am
Good work there buddy,off for empty stomach run! woo!

firsthorseman97
06-09-08, 9:44 am
Had a good weekend.

Yesterday we took the kids up to my mom's to go swimming and cook out. David (my future step-son) is three and loves the water. He can hold his breath and go under for a little while. Izzy, my 14-month old daughter, has absolutely no fear of the pond. Once she saw us in the water she came running in.

As for food, we had pork chops and baked potatoes. I'm not going to get into the details on how good it was since everybody seems to be dieting.

We then took the kids back out to the pond so they could feed the fish from the dock. The catfish a pretty big and David is convinced one of them is a whale. He's one funny little man. Needless to say we had two tired kids on the drive home.

I'm going to count my swimming yesterday as my cardio for the weekend.

Brutus_515
06-09-08, 9:50 am
Had a good weekend.

Yesterday we took the kids up to my mom's to go swimming and cook out. David (my future step-son) is three and loves the water. He can hold his breath and go under for a little while. Izzy, my 14-month old daughter, has absolutely no fear of the pond. Once she saw us in the water she came running in.

As for food, we had pork chops and baked potatoes. I'm not going to get into the details on how good it was since everybody seems to be dieting.

We then took the kids back out to the pond so they could feed the fish from the dock. The catfish a pretty big and David is convinced one of them is a whale. He's one funny little man. Needless to say we had two tired kids on the drive home.

I'm going to count my swimming yesterday as my cardio for the weekend.

solid work out on friday man!

sounds like your weekend was awesome gotta love the little one with no fear..haha looks like an awesome time!..

Oh yeah as for the dieting thing I love fucking chops and taders thanks for not going into detail about how fucking awesome they were...lol

as I told joe this weekend after my last show of the year in april i might start training for MMA fighting..not that i enjoy it..but I would rather get punched in the fucking face than diet...but hey thats just me

firsthorseman97
06-09-08, 10:26 am
solid work out on friday man!

sounds like your weekend was awesome gotta love the little one with no fear..haha looks like an awesome time!..

Oh yeah as for the dieting thing I love fucking chops and taders thanks for not going into detail about how fucking awesome they were...lol

as I told joe this weekend after my last show of the year in april i might start training for MMA fighting..not that i enjoy it..but I would rather get punched in the fucking face than diet...but hey thats just me

I wasn't going to talk about the amazing KC Masterpiece Texas BBQ marinade I used on them.

Speaking of MMA, did you hear Floyd Mayweather is suppose to retire from boxing and sign a $200 million contract with the UFC?

I might not come watch you pose in a banana hammock but i'd come watch you get punched in the face! LOL!

js71474
06-09-08, 10:31 am
Solid workout bro, you now youre in all the way when you bail work then straight to the gym! Glad to hear the weekend went good for you!

Brutus_515
06-09-08, 10:34 am
I wasn't going to talk about the amazing KC Masterpiece Texas BBQ marinade I used on them.

Speaking of MMA, did you hear Floyd Mayweather is suppose to retire from boxing and sign a $200 million contract with the UFC?

I might not come watch you pose in a banana hammock but i'd come watch you get punched in the face! LOL!

Wow that sounds as good as my talapia cooked in canola oil....not really...haha

That little mother fucker is going to be super rich!

well thanks...I am not a mma fighter nor do i wish to be....but it has to be easier i think...I got a thick nugget i can take some punishment..haha

firsthorseman97
06-09-08, 10:38 am
Solid workout bro, you now youre in all the way when you bail work then straight to the gym! Glad to hear the weekend went good for you!

Yeah I said piss on work. I've always worked outside and rarely in an office. Not the case this summer. I get so stir crazy sitting here when I know its nice out so I just leave. As long as I'm not swamped and have my time in i can jet so that's what I did. I'm thinking of making it a habit actually.

firsthorseman97
06-09-08, 10:42 am
Wow that sounds as good as my talapia cooked in canola oil....not really...haha

That little mother fucker is going to be super rich!

well thanks...I am not a mma fighter nor do i wish to be....but it has to be easier i think...I got a thick nugget i can take some punishment..haha

To be honest with ya, Friday was some good eating too. Let me lay it out for ya. Cheddar's. Texas cheese Fries. 11 oz. steak. Baked potato. Broccoli and cheese. I bet you can guess how horrible that must have tasted! I'm done teasing ya because this is just mean and payback's a bitch!

mcbeast
06-09-08, 10:42 am
Sounds like a great family weekend!

firsthorseman97
06-09-08, 10:43 am
Sounds like a great family weekend!

It definitely was. Thanks!

BamBam
06-09-08, 10:44 pm
It definitely was. Thanks!

Good to hear bro. I love my family time...keeps me sane and gets my head right alot of times.

Hope all is well my friend..

IN IRON,
BB

firsthorseman97
06-10-08, 7:19 am
Bi's:
Preacher Cable straight bar curls
60 x 20 (WU)
96 x 8 (WU)
120 x 8 RP 4 RP 3
EFS

Forearms:
Preacher Cable rev. straight bar curls
48 x 12 *drop-set* 24 x 16

Calves:
Horiz. Leg press
96 x 20 (WU)
144 x 15 (WU)
180 x 12
EFS

Hams:
Lying Leg curls
50 x 15 (WU)
80 x 8 (WU)
100 x 10 RP 5 RP 4
60 x 25 (WM)
EFS

Quads:
Squat
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 8 (WU)
225 x 6 (WU)
275 x 5
135 x 21 (WM)
EFS

Workout time: 50 mins.

This WO was brutal. My working set of squats was killer. 5 is the most reps I've ever had at 275. My hip flexors were on fire for about an hour afterwards. When I got home I took Izzy for a walk to keep my legs loosened up.

js71474
06-10-08, 7:42 am
Good session bro, and killer job on the 275 squats! I'll bet the legs are jello, hahaha.

firsthorseman97
06-10-08, 7:50 am
Good session bro, and killer job on the 275 squats! I'll bet the legs are jello, hahaha.

Yeah their a little rough to say the least this morning.

Brutus_515
06-10-08, 9:19 am
Awesome job on the squats man how is your stance (wide, nuetural, or close?)....275x5 is an awesome PR keep it up!

firsthorseman97
06-10-08, 9:30 am
Awesome job on the squats man how is your stance (wide, nuetural, or close?)....275x5 is an awesome PR keep it up!

Thanks. Neutral stance, ATG.

sly06
06-10-08, 10:40 am
Great day bro. I wouldn't doubt your legs felt like jello. Keep up the good work.

Brutus_515
06-10-08, 10:49 am
Thanks. Neutral stance, ATG.

Ahh i see....i got to give it to you guys going ATG...that shits just crazy haha but if it works it works

firsthorseman97
06-10-08, 10:50 am
Ahh i see....i got to give it to you guys going ATG...that shits just crazy haha but if it works it works

How deep do you go? What's your stance?

Brutus_515
06-10-08, 11:06 am
How deep do you go? What's your stance?

i got alittle wider than shoulder width i usually go slow down just stop when I beak the plane of paralel...then back up real fast and stop before i lock my knees...it feels better for me i can get good weight with it but i usually go for more of a quality rep...AGT i dont like personally...it puts my lower back in a compromised position....i dont feel comfortable moving up with weight when my back isnt fully errect...but thats me it works for me....I also want to focus on my quads with the movement...not my glutes and hams when you go atg....

"I know I am not hardcore or a true animal because i dont go ATG"

.....but my legs look better than most and my back is nice and heathly

Brutus_515
06-10-08, 11:07 am
How deep do you go?

BALLS DEEP SON!

firsthorseman97
06-10-08, 11:40 am
i got alittle wider than shoulder width i usually go slow down just stop when I beak the plane of paralel...then back up real fast and stop before i lock my knees...it feels better for me i can get good weight with it but i usually go for more of a quality rep...AGT i dont like personally...it puts my lower back in a compromised position....i dont feel comfortable moving up with weight when my back isnt fully errect...but thats me it works for me....I also want to focus on my quads with the movement...not my glutes and hams when you go atg....

"I know I am not hardcore or a true animal because i dont go ATG"

.....but my legs look better than most and my back is nice and heathly

Your not hardcore at all. LOL! I see your point-of-view. Before DC I used to squat then hit front squates to put more emphasis on my quads. I'm glad you do what works for YOU because that's the key to progression in this sport. Why do something if it isn't going to benefit you?

BALLS DEEP SON!

LMFAO! My monitors about took a bath when I read that!

Toni69
06-10-08, 12:06 pm
Some people can just go ATG. Like there is this guy in my gym..not a big guy by any means, rather lean and frail looking to me, but he is a strong mofo. He is by far the best squatter using ATG that I ever seen and I watch people squat all the time. He would put 275 on that BB and just take it down to the ground and shoot back up like a damn bullet. he is incredible..but if you saw him you wouldnt even give him a second look...till he started squatting that is. LOL

Im not one of those people than can go ATG with squats..my back just wont allow me to do so. I am much better flexibility-wise and form-wise with just breaking parallel. If I go too much past that point, my form goes to shit or my back wont hold up for long. I have learned how to control and use my legs to the past parallel point with pretty heavy weight, heavy for me that is.

I dont necessarily believe that ATG squats are the way to go but this is just my opinion...meaning, its not for everyone. I dont think ATG is necessary or the only way to stimulate growth in the quads. I honestly feel that as long as your squat form is right on and the quads are doin the work, not your back and knees, then time is of the essence and those quads will get stronger and will grow. At this stage of the game, I rather train smarter.

firsthorseman97
06-10-08, 12:13 pm
Some people can just go ATG. Like there is this guy in my gym..not a big guy by any means, rather lean and frail looking to me, but he is a strong mofo. He is by far the best squatter using ATG that I ever seen and I watch people squat all the time. He would put 275 on that BB and just take it down to the ground and shoot back up like a damn bullet. he is incredible..but if you saw him you wouldnt even give him a second look...till he started squatting that is. LOL

Im not one of those people than can go ATG with squats..my back just wont allow me to do so. I am much better flexibility-wise and form-wise with just breaking parallel. If I go too much past that point, my form goes to shit or my back wont hold up for long. I have learned how to control and use my legs to the past parallel point with pretty heavy weight, heavy for me that is.

I dont necessarily believe that ATG squats are the way to go but this is just my opinion...meaning, its not for everyone. I dont think ATG is necessary or the only way to stimulate growth in the quads. I honestly feel that as long as your squat form is right on and the quads are doin the work, not your back and knees, then time is of the essence and those quads will get stronger and will grow. At this stage of the game, I rather train smarter.

Great advice here. I like the way you think (even though I do ATG). Your logic makes alot of sense.

mcbeast
06-11-08, 11:15 am
In my book you can use more weight goin paralell..

I do atg,personally cause its gut wrenching.

Nice leg workout.

firsthorseman97
06-12-08, 7:24 am
Chest:
Decline BB
135 x 15 (WU)
185 x 8 (WU)
225 x 9 RP 3 RP 1
EFS

Shoulders:
Shoulder press machine
90 x 15 (WU)
140 x 10 (WU)
180 x 13 RP 5 RP 3 (neg)
EFS

Tri's:
Dips
BW x 10 (WU)
BW+30 x 10 (WU)
BW+60 x 5
EFS

Back (width):
Wide-grip Pull-downs (front)
96 x 12 (WU)
132 x 8 (WU)
156 x 9 RP 4 RP 3

Back (thickness):
Deadlift
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 6 (WU)
225 x 4 (WU)
275 x 3
EFS

Felt pretty good in the gym today. It had been two months since I had done decline and DLs. For some reason I felt the need to use a short rest time (45 sec.) for deadlift. I feel like deadlift is my worst exercise so I'm going to really try to bring that up in the coming months.

js71474
06-12-08, 7:39 am
Good workout bro, loving all the intensity boosters with the RP sets. You are hitting some good numbers. Good numbers on the deads too, and I love the attitude in the last sentence about bringing the them up! Can't wait to see the progression!

sly06
06-12-08, 7:43 am
The first glance at your routine I was like why is he doing a mixture of all the exercises then I remembered you are doing DC training. Great job bro. Deadlifts are awesome.

firsthorseman97
06-12-08, 9:09 am
Good workout bro, loving all the intensity boosters with the RP sets. You are hitting some good numbers. Good numbers on the deads too, and I love the attitude in the last sentence about bringing the them up! Can't wait to see the progression!

The first glance at your routine I was like why is he doing a mixture of all the exercises then I remembered you are doing DC training. Great job bro. Deadlifts are awesome.

Thanks guys!

Toni69
06-12-08, 11:28 am
Chest:
Decline BB
135 x 15 (WU)
185 x 8 (WU)
225 x 9 RP 3 RP 1
EFS

Shoulders:
Shoulder press machine
90 x 15 (WU)
140 x 10 (WU)
180 x 13 RP 5 RP 3 (neg)
EFS

Tri's:
Dips
BW x 10 (WU)
BW+30 x 10 (WU)
BW+60 x 5
EFS

Back (width):
Wide-grip Pull-downs (front)
96 x 12 (WU)
132 x 8 (WU)
156 x 9 RP 4 RP 3

Back (thickness):
Deadlift
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 6 (WU)
225 x 4 (WU)
275 x 3
EFS

Felt pretty good in the gym today. It had been two months since I had done decline and DLs. For some reason I felt the need to use a short rest time (45 sec.) for deadlift. I feel like deadlift is my worst exercise so I'm going to really try to bring that up in the coming months.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

“Progress, of the best kind, is comparatively slow. Great results cannot be achieved at once; and we must be satisfied to advance in life as we walk, step by step.”

firsthorseman97
06-13-08, 8:53 am
Today is the last day of my 7-day detox. I have to be honest, there must not have been as much to clean out as I thought. I expected to be stuck on the toilet for a few days and it never happened (which i think is a good thing).

I'll be training Bi's and Legs tonight and maybe hitting some cardio and abs on Saturday.

My new stack as of Monday will be:

Pak
Omega
Pump
EAA Nitro
RG- Banana Milkshake
Ultra Iso Whey- Lemonade Chiller
Uni-Liver

deanna7272
06-13-08, 9:19 am
Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

“Progress, of the best kind, is comparatively slow. Great results cannot be achieved at once; and we must be satisfied to advance in life as we walk, step by step.”

This is TRUE, but soooo hard to adopt when you want results YESTERDAY...lol

Toni is a smart woman, listen...

firsthorseman97
06-13-08, 9:27 am
This is TRUE, but soooo hard to adopt when you want results YESTERDAY...lol

Toni is a smart woman, listen...

Listen to what? I want big today! LOL!

I've been at this awhile. I know it takes time, that's why I said "months" for bringing up my DL, not "days".

firsthorseman97
06-14-08, 9:38 am
Bi's:
Seated DB curls
25 x 10 (WU)
30 x 8 (WU)
35 x 11 RP 5 RP 4
EFS

Forearms:
Seated DB Hammer curls
20 x 16

Calves:
Smith Calf raises
135 x 10 (WU)
185 x 9 DS 95 x 16
EFS

Hams:
Lying Leg curls
60 x 10 (WU)
80 x 8 (WU)
110 x 7 RP 3 RP 2
60 x 24 (WM)
EFS

Quads:
Seated Leg extensions
80 x 10 (WU)
110 x 8 (WU)
130 x 11 RP 6 RP 4
90 x 19 (WM)
EFS

Workout time: 45 min

BamBam
06-14-08, 11:24 am
Love the time man...quick and efficient bro! Arms and bi's together? Never tried it but might have to! Good work man!

Hope all is well...!

IN IRON,
BB

firsthorseman97
06-16-08, 7:25 am
Love the time man...quick and efficient bro! Arms and bi's together? Never tried it but might have to! Good work man!

Hope all is well...!

IN IRON,
BB

Thanks for stopping in! Bi's and legs is DC style. Works out great with my schedule.

sly06
06-16-08, 7:30 am
All of that in 45 minutes. That is moving. Great work and interesting combination. Lift Large

js71474
06-16-08, 7:31 am
Unusual pairing but seems effective for you, may have to try that. Good session bro!

firsthorseman97
06-16-08, 7:38 am
All of that in 45 minutes. That is moving. Great work and interesting combination. Lift Large

Unusual pairing but seems effective for you, may have to try that. Good session bro!

Thanks fellas! I'm a big fan of the DC split.

firsthorseman97
06-17-08, 7:36 am
I've decided not to list my warm-up sets anymore.

Chest:
Incline DB
90 x 9 RP 4 RP 2 (neg)
EFS

Shoulders:
Smith Press (front)
190 x 9 RP 3 RP 2

DB Lat Raises
20 x 21 (WM)
EFS

Tri's:
Cable Straight Bar Pushdown
132 x 17 RP 9 RP 6
EFS

Back (width):
Wide-grip Pulldowns (BTN)
168 x 7 RP 4 RP 3

Back (thickness):
Smith BOR (underhand grip)
195 x 6 DS 135 x 14

Workout time: 45 min.

Everything felt great today. I'm glad to be back on Pump again.

My only mistake is that I forgot my stretch after back. Completely slipped my mind.

js71474
06-17-08, 7:48 am
Good job bro! The rest pauses and negatives are brutal and you are killin it, keep it up, looking forward to seeing some more.

sly06
06-17-08, 10:08 am
DC ALL THE WAY!!! Great workout and don't worry about the stretches. I forget stuff from time to time. Keep killin it.

Brutus_515
06-17-08, 12:43 pm
Lookin good man.!!!

firsthorseman97
06-18-08, 7:20 am
Good job bro! The rest pauses and negatives are brutal and you are killin it, keep it up, looking forward to seeing some more.

DC ALL THE WAY!!! Great workout and don't worry about the stretches. I forget stuff from time to time. Keep killin it.

Lookin good man.!!!

Thanks!

Toni69
06-18-08, 7:35 am
I've decided not to list my warm-up sets anymore.

Chest:
Incline DB
90 x 9 RP 4 RP 2 (neg)
EFS

Shoulders:
Smith Press (front)
190 x 9 RP 3 RP 2

DB Lat Raises
20 x 21 (WM)
EFS

Tri's:
Cable Straight Bar Pushdown
132 x 17 RP 9 RP 6
EFS

Back (width):
Wide-grip Pulldowns (BTN)
168 x 7 RP 4 RP 3

Back (thickness):
Smith BOR (underhand grip)
195 x 6 DS 135 x 14

Workout time: 45 min.

Everything felt great today. I'm glad to be back on Pump again.

My only mistake is that I forgot my stretch after back. Completely slipped my mind.

great day here. I use a bit of DC in my training here and there too...mainly on pressing moves and stretches too. Im finding the strecthes are making my calves grow. How is your girl doing?

firsthorseman97
06-18-08, 7:40 am
great day here. I use a bit of DC in my training here and there too...mainly on pressing moves and stretches too. Im finding the strecthes are making my calves grow. How is your girl doing?

Honestly, a little rough. The diet is kicking her ass! She's strong and doing great though. I told her she'll adapt to the diet in a few days. She actually started the diet Monday because she hadn't made it to the store earlier for the groceries she needed. She absolutely hates the rice. Is there anything she can add to help?

Toni69
06-18-08, 7:47 am
Honestly, a little rough. The diet is kicking her ass! She's strong and doing great though. I told her she'll adapt to the diet in a few days. She actually started the diet Monday because she hadn't made it to the store earlier for the groceries she needed. She absolutely hates the rice. Is there anything she can add to help?

some salsa, hot sauce, like tobasco. She can use mustard (not a honey one but dijon types), vinegars are fine...she can have some olive oil (1/2 tbs). Mrs. Dash spices and fresh herbs and spices are always fine.

firsthorseman97
06-18-08, 7:49 am
some salsa, hot sauce, like tobasco. She can use mustard (not a honey one but dijon types), vinegars are fine...she can have some olive oil (1/2 tbs). Mrs. Dash spices and fresh herbs and spices are always fine.

Thanks for all your help. It means alot to us. We look forward to meeting you at the Arnold next year.

Toni69
06-18-08, 7:54 am
Thanks for all your help. It means alot to us. We look forward to meeting you at the Arnold next year.

I will be there...we will all go to this amazing restaurant (burger/ribs joint) called smoky joes...the food there is sooooo yummy! The chocolate cake is to die for!

Have her email me if she needs to ask me anything.

firsthorseman97
06-19-08, 7:37 am
Bi's:
BB Curls
85 x 9 RP 4 RP 2 (neg)
EFS

Forearms:
Rope Twists

Calves:
Seated Calf Raises
95 x 10 DS 50 x 10
EFS

Hams:
Smith SLDL
205 x 10 DS 135 x 12
EFS

Quads:
Front Squats
205 x 3
135 x 12 (WM)
EFS

Workout time: 50 min

I just have to say that my working sets of front squats were brutal. I went for a 4th rep but couldn't get up so I had to drop it on the pins. If your not failing, your not trying. Legs didn't feel their strongest but still had a great workout.

sly06
06-19-08, 7:56 am
Frong squats for 205. That is hard as hell. I have never been that good at those. They are great for your quads. Excellent workout bro.

js71474
06-19-08, 4:19 pm
X2 on the front squats, they are a quad killer. Good job bro!

Merat
06-20-08, 8:01 am
yo bro how are things, havnt been able to check out your log much due to bad boradband connection. Things are looking good tho keep it up, man front squats are brutal indeed, did them with dumbells once....sooooooo painfull! But good once you battle through the reps!

firsthorseman97
06-20-08, 8:08 am
Frong squats for 205. That is hard as hell. I have never been that good at those. They are great for your quads. Excellent workout bro.

X2 on the front squats, they are a quad killer. Good job bro!

yo bro how are things, havnt been able to check out your log much due to bad boradband connection. Things are looking good tho keep it up, man front squats are brutal indeed, did them with dumbells once....sooooooo painfull! But good once you battle through the reps!

Thanks for the support guys. Yes, front squats are brutal. I suck at them but I'm working on it. I've just got back into them in recent weeks. Before when I did them it was always light weight for high reps. Just trying to spark some growth!

firsthorseman97
06-20-08, 5:45 pm
Chest:
Flat DB
100 x 7 RP 3 RP 2
EFS

Shoulders:
Standing BB Press
135 x 7 RP 3 RP 1
EFS

Tri's:
Smith CGB
185 x 9 RP 5 RP 2
EFS

Back (w):
Chin-ups
BW+35 x 7 RP 4 RP 3 DS BW x 5

Back (t):
Jailhouse Rows
180 x 3 DS 90 x 16
EFS

Some ab and oblique work

Workout time: 1 hr 10 min.

All in all a good workout. The JHR smoked me. After I finished up I had to sit on a bench till the gym stopped spinning. Animal Pump had the blood everywhere but in my head.

deanna7272
06-20-08, 6:09 pm

Those are ALL lifesavers...lol It's sad how I look forward to Dijon mustard...lol We get VERY creative while prepping/dieting, now don't we??? lol

sly06
06-21-08, 2:55 am
Awesome job bro. One of these days I will have to try the DC training style. I have much to learn before I even attempt that.

js71474
06-21-08, 3:16 pm
Nice workout man, if the gym was spinnin after, you hit it hard bro! Pump is some damn good stuff, I am going to get some more next month. Keep up the hard work!

firsthorseman97
06-24-08, 7:06 am
Bi's:
Preacher Cable straight bar curls
120 x 10 RP 5 RP 2
EFS

Forearms:
Preacher Cable Rev. curls
48 x 18 DS 24 x 17

Calves:
Horizontal Leg Press Raises
204 x falure, then dropped two plates each set to failure till I got down to 60 (inspired by Shaffer)
EFS

Hams:
Lying Leg Curls
105 x 9 RP 5 RP 3
65 x 22 (WM)
EFS

Quads:
Squats
285 x 4
145 x 20 (WM)
EFS

Had a great workout. Ended up having a small mishap on squats. I went for a 5th rep and couldn't get it up so I dropped the bar on the pins. Well the bar caught my back on the way down and scraped it up pretty good and drew some blood. Not really a big deal but thought I'd add it anyways.

sly06
06-24-08, 7:21 am
Atleast you went for the gold on squats. Great job and your injury today will be a war wound later.

firsthorseman97
06-24-08, 7:24 am
Atleast you went for the gold on squats. Great job and your injury today will be a war wound later.

Thanks. I can't even feel it today. It never really hurt, I just happened to see some blood soaked thru on the back of my shirt. All I could do was laugh about it.

sly06
06-24-08, 7:26 am
Thanks. I can't even feel it today. It never really hurt, I just happened to see some blood soaked thru on the back of my shirt. All I could do was laugh about it.

That's always good. If anyone ever asks you about it say it was a war wound with the Iron Lady.

deanna7272
06-24-08, 9:11 am
Goodness, what are you doing at the gym??? Tearing yourself up, but all in a day's work, right?

firsthorseman97
06-24-08, 9:16 am
Goodness, what are you doing at the gym??? Tearing yourself up, but all in a day's work, right?

Of course, wouldn't have it any other way.

Brutus_515
06-24-08, 9:17 am
congrats on the battle scars

deanna7272
06-24-08, 9:24 am
Of course, wouldn't have it any other way.

Tell 'em your girl did it...he he he

firsthorseman97
06-24-08, 9:47 am
Tell 'em your girl did it...he he he

Maybe I already had some of those marks from the weekend. LOL!

firsthorseman97
06-24-08, 9:50 am
congrats on the battle scars

Thanks! I like how people look at you like you grew a third head when you push yourself to failure and actually fail!

Few people squat in my gym, fewer even do it right, and rarely will you find someone that pushes to failure. (I'm not talking my self up or anything, I'm just speaking the truth)

Brutus_515
06-24-08, 12:18 pm
Thanks! I like how people look at you like you grew a third head when you push yourself to failure and actually fail!

Few people squat in my gym, fewer even do it right, and rarely will you find someone that pushes to failure. (I'm not talking my self up or anything, I'm just speaking the truth)

true dat thats what sets folks apart

deanna7272
06-24-08, 12:37 pm
Maybe I already had some of those marks from the weekend. LOL!

I am sure...

Pushing ourselves to failure only strengthens us from within. It's not the weight that brings us to failure, it's the drive inside. Let the onlookers think what they want, they settle for mediocracy, you don't....

js71474
06-25-08, 8:17 am
Getting those scars is a sure sign of some work getting done! At least you went for it all man, nice work bro! Keep it up!

firsthorseman97
06-25-08, 8:46 am
Getting those scars is a sure sign of some work getting done! At least you went for it all man, nice work bro! Keep it up!

Thanks man. Hardly scars though, I'd say more like some scrapes. They are healing up just fine. More cosmetic than anything.

I'm always trying to leave it in the gym. I'm not there to waste my time and I'd sure hate to leave and not feel good about what I did.

js71474
06-25-08, 8:50 am
I'm always trying to leave it in the gym. I'm not there to waste my time and I'd sure hate to leave and not feel good about what I did.
Agree 100% brother, no need to waste anything! Keep pushin!

firsthorseman97
06-25-08, 9:56 am
So I put in an offer on a house Monday and they threw out a pretty nice counter offer that I'm accepting today. I just have to stop and sign the offer at my realtor's office @ 3:30. I cannot express how happy I am for this day to finally come. My fiancee is ecstatic too because she can finally start her daycare.

Tonight I'm lifting chest, shoulders, tri's, and back, then I'll be going to my future step-son's first karate class. Should be fun!

krazyassmexican
06-25-08, 9:58 am
So I put in an offer on a house Monday and they threw out a pretty nice counter offer that I'm accepting today. I just have to stop and sign the offer at my realtor's office @ 3:30. I cannot express how happy I am for this day to finally come. My fiancee is ecstatic too because she can finally start her daycare.

Tonight I'm lifting chest, shoulders, tri's, and back, then I'll be going to my future step-son's first karate class. Should be fun!

THE AMERICAN DREAM!

i am so happy for you brother, my best wishes and enjoy

Brutus_515
06-25-08, 9:59 am
Congrats on the house man!

firsthorseman97
06-25-08, 10:05 am
THE AMERICAN DREAM!

i am so happy for you brother, my best wishes and enjoy

Congrats on the house man!

Thanks guys! Its been a long ass road to finally get to this point.

BTW Shaff, you told me to up my eggs to 6. I have for the past two days. Props to you for being able to do it. I find it to be a little difficult. I'm sure I'll get used to it but its rough going right now!

js71474
06-25-08, 10:11 am
Congrats on the first house man, time for that dream! Best of wishes to you!

firsthorseman97
06-26-08, 7:54 am
Chest:
Decline BB
225 x 10 RP 4 RP 2
EFS

Shoulders:
Shoulder press machine
200 x 10 RP 5 RP 2

DB Side Lateral raises
20 x 18
EFS

Tri's:
Dips
BW+60 x 6 DS BW x 9
EFS

Back (w)
Wide-grip Pulldowns (front)
168 x 9 RP 5 RP 3

Back (t)
Deadlift
275 x 5 *1 min rest* 275 x 3
EFS

Workout time: 50 min.

Polished it off pretty quick. I had to sign the offer for the house and I had David's first karate class to get to. He was intimidated at first but once they started punching and kicking the pads he was into it. I think he did pretty good for being only 3 1/2. He def. has the energy to burn!

mcbeast
06-26-08, 9:45 am
Short rest on the Dl's are nice brotha..

sly06
06-26-08, 10:47 am
Do you like decline bench press? I am not a big fan of it. Anyways, seemed you had a great workout and your the karate match must have been fun. It is amazing how much energy they have when they are young. Don't we all wish we had that much to burn off.

firsthorseman97
06-26-08, 10:56 am
Do you like decline bench press? I am not a big fan of it. Anyways, seemed you had a great workout and your the karate match must have been fun. It is amazing how much energy they have when they are young. Don't we all wish we had that much to burn off.

I don't mind decline. I have to have a spot though because its too hard on my shoulders to unrack it from behind and move it over my chest when I go heavy. When I plateau on it though I'll throw in incline BB probably.

sly06
06-26-08, 10:58 am
I don't mind decline. I have to have a spot though because its too hard on my shoulders to unrack it from behind and move it over my chest when I go heavy. When I plateau on it though I'll throw in incline BB probably.

Sounds like a good plan to me. How do you deal with all the blood flowing to your head? That is the part that aggrivates me the most.

firsthorseman97
06-26-08, 11:01 am
Sounds like a good plan to me. How do you deal with all the blood flowing to your head? That is the part that aggrivates me the most.

I think with me taking pump the blood never gets a chance to make it to my head. LOL. Seriously though, it took a little bit to get used to, now I don't even notice it or think about it..... till now.

Brutus_515
06-26-08, 11:03 am
Thanks guys! Its been a long ass road to finally get to this point.

BTW Shaff, you told me to up my eggs to 6. I have for the past two days. Props to you for being able to do it. I find it to be a little difficult. I'm sure I'll get used to it but its rough going right now!

do you eat 6 whole ones? i take 3 yolks out so its like 6 whites and 3 yolks....also I have been hardboiling them at night when I cook all my fish....it is easier to just pop an egg every few seconds on the drive to work....

firsthorseman97
06-26-08, 11:36 am
do you eat 6 whole ones? i take 3 yolks out so its like 6 whites and 3 yolks....also I have been hardboiling them at night when I cook all my fish....it is easier to just pop an egg every few seconds on the drive to work....

Thanks dick. LOL! Yeah I've been eating 6 whole hardboiled eggs. I'm eating them as my second meal along with 4 Uni-liver and Omega. I just hardboil 3 dozen on Sunday and eat them for the week.

Brutus_515
06-26-08, 12:00 pm
well your trying to get bigger right 3 more yolks wont kill you...I personally take 3 out cause I am told to

firsthorseman97
06-26-08, 12:04 pm
well your trying to get bigger right 3 more yolks wont kill you...I personally take 3 out cause I am told to

I'm trying to gain. So far I've managed to gain 5 lbs and drop my BF by 3% since January. Which is about 10 lbs of LBM. I'll take it.

Brutus_515
06-26-08, 12:16 pm
keep it up and eat them eggs!

firsthorseman97
06-27-08, 4:32 pm
Bi's:
Seated DB Curls
35 x 13 RP 6 RP 4
EFS

Forearms:
Seated Hammer DB Curls
20 x 15

Calves:
Smith Calf Raises
135 x 15
EFS

Hams:
Single Leg Curls
(Right) 45 x 12 RP 6 RP 3
(Left) 45 x 12 RP 6 RP 2
70 x 13 DS 40 x 24 (WM)
EFS

Quads:
Leg Ext.
140 x 11 RP 6 RP 3
90 x 10 DS 50 x 10
EFS

Abs & Obliques

Workout Time: 1 hr.

I actually wore shorts today and I noticed the bloodflow to my quads was insane thanks to my Animal Pump. Legs were thoroughly trashed! Downed some EAA Nitro Post-WO.

mcbeast
06-27-08, 4:53 pm
Great workout!

js71474
06-28-08, 12:32 pm
Nice session bro, great variation in there. The pump will def. get the blood flowing. Keep up the solid work.

sly06
06-29-08, 6:51 am
Pump is the shit bro! Great job and keep up the intensity!

firsthorseman97
07-01-08, 8:02 am
I added a dropset at the end of each exercise for fun, as if DC isn't tough enough...

Chest:
Incline DB
95 x 7 RP 2 RP 1 DS 50 x 11
EFS

Shoulders:
Smith press (front)
195 x 8 RP 3 RP 1 DS 95 x 22
EFS

Tri's:
Cable straight bar pushdowns
144 x 9 RP 5 RP 3 DS 84 x 16
EFS

Back (w):
Wide Grip Pulldowns (BTN)
168 x 8 RP 4 RP 3 DS 96 x 21

Back (t):
Smith BOR (underhand)
195 x 8 DS 145 x 12
EFS

Workout time: 55 min.

The dropsets at the end thoroughly kicked my ass. I was completely smoked after this workout. Might have to keep the dropsets around for some added abuse. We'll see...

mcbeast
07-01-08, 8:03 am
Looks good,im a huge fan of drop/giant sets.Keep it up

js71474
07-01-08, 8:04 am
That was some intensity bro! Drops into rest pauses...way to go man! Good session, you will be hurtin a bit after that one!

sly06
07-01-08, 9:49 am
Excellent day bro! Seems DC is working well for you.

Toni69
07-01-08, 10:44 am
I added a dropset at the end of each exercise for fun, as if DC isn't tough enough...

Chest:
Incline DB
95 x 7 RP 2 RP 1 DS 50 x 11
EFS

Shoulders:
Smith press (front)
195 x 8 RP 3 RP 1 DS 95 x 22
EFS

Tri's:
Cable straight bar pushdowns
144 x 9 RP 5 RP 3 DS 84 x 16
EFS

Back (w):
Wide Grip Pulldowns (BTN)
168 x 8 RP 4 RP 3 DS 96 x 21

Back (t):
Smith BOR (underhand)
195 x 8 DS 145 x 12
EFS

Workout time: 55 min.

The dropsets at the end thoroughly kicked my ass. I was completely smoked after this workout. Might have to keep the dropsets around for some added abuse. We'll see...

sweet wo. I dont always dropset or superset, especially now with this new spit but sometimes you just feel the need to take shit up a notch. Like today, I decided to benchpress my bw after my normal pressing just to see what I had left in me. I wouldnt do that every chest day..but today just felt like a really strong day for me, so I took advanatage of that feeling and went with it...to the max!

Good stuff here...great intensity.

firsthorseman97
07-01-08, 10:49 am
That was some intensity bro! Drops into rest pauses...way to go man! Good session, you will be hurtin a bit after that one!

Excellent day bro! Seems DC is working well for you.

sweet wo. I dont always dropset or superset, especially now with this new spit but sometimes you just feel the need to take shit up a notch. Like today, I decided to benchpress my bw after my normal pressing just to see what I had left in me. I wouldnt do that every chest day..but today just felt like a really strong day for me, so I took advanatage of that feeling and went with it...to the max!

Good stuff here...great intensity.

Thanks! Def feeling it today. Love days like this.

Brutus_515
07-01-08, 11:17 am
whats good in the hood \

firsthorseman97
07-01-08, 11:29 am
whats good in the hood \

I overslept today thanks to my daughter. The little rug rat turned the volume all the way down on my alarm clock so I never heard it this morning. I ended up getting in about a half hour late. No big deal.

Also, as stupid as this is going to sound, the ball of my foot on the outside has been sore since Thursday. I think I tweaked it DLing. I'm not sure what else it could be from. I figure I must have shifted my weight onto the outside of my foot while pulling.

Any good rants coming from you anytime soon?

deanna7272
07-01-08, 1:16 pm
He he he... I took your word and took things into my own hands... I feel better, thanks...

firsthorseman97
07-01-08, 1:23 pm
He he he... I took your word and took things into my own hands... I feel better, thanks...

No problem. Here to help.

deanna7272
07-01-08, 1:24 pm
No problem. Here to help.

Ahhhhhhh...... More than you know...... THANKS...

firsthorseman97
07-03-08, 7:25 am
Bi's:
BB Curls
90 x 9 RP 4 RP 3 *DS 40 x 16
EFS

Forearms:
Rope Twists

Calves:
Seated Raises
100 x 11 *DS 50 x 12
EFS

Hams:
Smith SLDL
225 x 7
135 x 17 (WM)
EFS

Quads:
Front Squats
205 x 4
135 x 10 (WM)
EFS

Abs

Workout time: 1 hr. 5 min.

then cardio on the elliptical: 15 min.

On the front squats, my 4th rep started to roll of my shoulders and I managed to catch it and still get the rep. Of course I collapsed into a pile of shit on the floor after I got it racked. I had nothing left for my widowmaker set as you can see since I only managed 10 reps. I guess that makes it a good workout.

krazyassmexican
07-03-08, 12:40 pm
Bi's:
BB Curls
90 x 9 RP 4 RP 3 *DS 40 x 16
EFS

Forearms:
Rope Twists

Calves:
Seated Raises
100 x 11 *DS 50 x 12
EFS

Hams:
Smith SLDL
225 x 7
135 x 17 (WM)
EFS

Quads:
Front Squats
205 x 4
135 x 10 (WM)
EFS

Abs

Workout time: 1 hr. 5 min.

then cardio on the elliptical: 15 min.

On the front squats, my 4th rep started to roll of my shoulders and I managed to catch it and still get the rep. Of course I collapsed into a pile of shit on the floor after I got it racked. I had nothing left for my widowmaker set as you can see since I only managed 10 reps. I guess that makes it a good workout.

that will make a hard to walk weekend

excelent shit bro

firsthorseman97
07-03-08, 12:43 pm
that will make a hard to walk weekend

excelent shit bro

Thanks. Its a little uncomfortable already.

js71474
07-03-08, 1:42 pm
Nice job bro! Hit the rest pauses and drop sets. The front squats looked killer, good job hangin on to them. Nice!!

firsthorseman97
07-04-08, 10:57 am
Since my gym is closed today I decided to do some running. I put my daughter in her little car and jogged, while pushing her around town for a half hour. That was a nice way to start the day. Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.

deanna7272
07-04-08, 11:51 am
Since my gym is closed today I decided to do some running. I put my daughter in her little car and jogged, while pushing her around town for a half hour. That was a nice way to start the day. Hope everyone has a good holiday weekend.

I am sure Izzy loved the time with her Daddy... I am taking a little independence from cardio until later... It seems strange not starting my day with it now, but it's back to the grind tomorrow..lol

Hope you have a great 4th... Be safe...

sly06
07-04-08, 4:17 pm
Your past couple of workouts are looking good bro. Keep up the good work and have a wonderful weekend.

deanna7272
07-10-08, 3:00 am
Wow... No updates for a few days... Hope you are still hitting the gym...lol

Pirates LOST.... Grrrrrrrrr, see... it wasn't worth the argument... I wasw craving other people's food too.... Double Grrrrrrrrr....

Oh and the ROM was fine on that lift... Actually, seeing it was pretty impressive... Thanks for sending it my way, I am going to have to try to implement it, somehow...

firsthorseman97
07-10-08, 7:20 am
Wow... No updates for a few days... Hope you are still hitting the gym...lol

Pirates LOST.... Grrrrrrrrr, see... it wasn't worth the argument... I wasw craving other people's food too.... Double Grrrrrrrrr....

Oh and the ROM was fine on that lift... Actually, seeing it was pretty impressive... Thanks for sending it my way, I am going to have to try to implement it, somehow...

I'm taking this week off. My CNS was fried and I figured I was do for some time off. The last thing I want to do is risk an injury because I didn't listen to my body. I'll be back at it next week.

Thanks for popping in!

Brutus_515
07-10-08, 10:06 am
I'm taking this week off. My CNS was fried and I figured I was do for some time off. The last thing I want to do is risk an injury because I didn't listen to my body. I'll be back at it next week.

Thanks for popping in!

haha Yeah dude if you can fell your CNS taking a hit do the smart thing...let it recover and everything else and come back in a few day and start smashing at it again....

Probably too much of those g.a.y ass EFS's or what ever you do after ever set....haha just kidding...besure to get some steak, ice cream, beer and nachos in for this guy during you time off homeslice

firsthorseman97
07-10-08, 10:30 am
haha Yeah dude if you can fell your CNS taking a hit do the smart thing...let it recover and everything else and come back in a few day and start smashing at it again....

Probably too much of those g.a.y ass EFS's or what ever you do after ever set....haha just kidding...besure to get some steak, ice cream, beer and nachos in for this guy during you time off homeslice

Maybe you should do some EFS to spark some new growth in your pants. SNAP!

I won't let ya down on the steak and ice cream.... and maybe the beer! Now if I could just catch up on my sleep...

Brutus_515
07-10-08, 11:50 am
Maybe you should do some EFS to spark some new growth in your pants. SNAP!

I won't let ya down on the steak and ice cream.... and maybe the beer! Now if I could just catch up on my sleep...

haha nice!

deanna7272
07-10-08, 1:40 pm
U guyz uz 2 mny abbrevs....

firsthorseman97
07-14-08, 11:46 am
I haven't lifted a weight in 11 days. It was a much needed break. During this time off I've decided to change up my routine. I'm going to keep the EFS from DC but otherwise this is going to be completely different. Here's what my new split will be:

Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Wednesday - Back, Bi's, Forearms
Friday- Quads, Hams, Calves

I'm going to use giants sets for every body part. I won't giant set my squats or my DL though, otherwise everything else is fair game. My body is ready for a change and I believe this is it. I'm ready for some serious punishment and it starts today.

mcbeast
07-14-08, 11:50 am
Back to basics...

Giant sets are where boys turn to men.Kill it

firsthorseman97
07-14-08, 12:00 pm
Back to basics...

Giant sets are where boys turn to men.Kill it

Thanks, bro!

js71474
07-14-08, 1:27 pm
Looking forward to some serious work bro! Sounds like the routine will be a killer. I'm sure you are rested and ready to lift hard.

LittleMan55
07-14-08, 2:08 pm
I haven't lifted a weight in 11 days. It was a much needed break. During this time off I've decided to change up my routine. I'm going to keep the EFS from DC but otherwise this is going to be completely different. Here's what my new split will be:

Monday - Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Wednesday - Back, Bi's, Forearms
Friday- Quads, Hams, Calves

I'm going to use giants sets for every body part. I won't giant set my squats or my DL though, otherwise everything else is fair game. My body is ready for a change and I believe this is it. I'm ready for some serious punishment and it starts today.

This should be a hell of a change up....

Looking forward to seeing where it takes you! Giant sets are a blast, so kill it man.

firsthorseman97
07-14-08, 2:25 pm
This should be a hell of a change up....

Looking forward to seeing where it takes you! Giant sets are a blast, so kill it man.

I have to admit that I have been thinking about giant sets for awhile, then after reading your journey I said Fuck it, why not!

LittleMan55
07-14-08, 2:27 pm
I have to admit that I have been thinking about giant sets for awhile, then after reading your journey I said Fuck it, why not!

hell yeah! glad I could make an impression... Let the weights fly bro!

firsthorseman97
07-15-08, 7:36 am
Monday started the beginning of my giant set workouts I've come up with and this is what went down.......

Chest
Flat BB/ Incline BB/ Decline BB/ PecDeck
135 x 10/ 135 x 10/ 135 x 10/ 125 x 10 - Round 1
135 x 8/ 135 x 6/ 135 x 6/ 125 x 6 - Round 2

Shoulders
Shoulder Press Machine/ DB Front raises/ DB Side Laterals/ Rev. PecDeck
90 x 10/ 25 x 10/ 20 x 10/ 75 x 10 - Rounds 1 & 2

Tri's
Smith CGB/ Rev. Grip Pushdowns/ Pushdowns/ DB Kickbacks
135 x 10/ 84 x 10/ 84 x 10/ 20 x 10 - Rounds 1 & 2

I hit my EFS stretches after each bodypart. This workout took me just under 30 min. so I was bustin' ass. Then I hit some abs & obliques, then 30 minutes of cardio. I jumped on the scale and I'm sitting right at 179 lbs.

I'm definitely feeling this workout this morning. All 3 body parts are quite sore. Giants are going to take some getting used to but I'm liking them so far. Next workout will be Wednesday when I hit Back/ Bi's/ Forearms.

js71474
07-15-08, 8:09 am
Insane bro, and to get the lifting part done in 30 minutes is really humping...NICE! Keep it up, the giants will grow on you quick and looks like you are already settling in for it!

firsthorseman97
07-15-08, 8:13 am
Insane bro, and to get the lifting part done in 30 minutes is really humping...NICE! Keep it up, the giants will grow on you quick and looks like you are already settling in for it!

Thanks. I like the abuse. I like putting my body thru the ringer and knowing I'll be back for more. It makes for a good test to make sure I'm still giving it 100%.

LittleMan55
07-15-08, 8:34 am
Monday started the beginning of my giant set workouts I've come up with and this is what went down.......

Chest
Flat BB/ Incline BB/ Decline BB/ PecDeck
135 x 10/ 135 x 10/ 135 x 10/ 125 x 10 - Round 1
135 x 8/ 135 x 6/ 135 x 6/ 125 x 6 - Round 2

Shoulders
Shoulder Press Machine/ DB Front raises/ DB Side Laterals/ Rev. PecDeck
90 x 10/ 25 x 10/ 20 x 10/ 75 x 10 - Rounds 1 & 2

Tri's
Smith CGB/ Rev. Grip Pushdowns/ Pushdowns/ DB Kickbacks
135 x 10/ 84 x 10/ 84 x 10/ 20 x 10 - Rounds 1 & 2

I hit my EFS stretches after each bodypart. This workout took me just under 30 min. so I was bustin' ass. Then I hit some abs & obliques, then 30 minutes of cardio. I jumped on the scale and I'm sitting right at 179 lbs.

I'm definitely feeling this workout this morning. All 3 body parts are quite sore. Giants are going to take some getting used to but I'm liking them so far. Next workout will be Wednesday when I hit Back/ Bi's/ Forearms.

Hell Yeah! Thats an awesome work out bro!

firsthorseman97
07-17-08, 7:37 am
Giant sets.....

Back
Pull-ups/ Rack Pulls/ Smith BOR/ Seated Low Pulley rows
BW x 10/ 225 x 6/ 135 x 10/ 132 x 10 - Round 1
BW x 10/ 225 x 6/ 135 x 10/ 132 x 6 - Round 2
BW x 7/ 225 x 4/ 135 x 8/ 132 x 6 - Round 3

Did my EFS and moved on to....

Bi's
BB Curl/ Seated DB Curl/ BB Curl (wide-grip)
45 x 10/ 25 x 10/ 45 x 10 - Round 1
45 x 10/ 25 x 8/ 45 x 10 - Round 2

Did my EFS. I only rested about 1 minute between rounds. This workout took 25 minutes and I was toasted. The rack pulls were from 4" below my knees. I then hit the elliptical for 25 minutes of cardio.

js71474
07-17-08, 7:56 am
Fast and effective work bro! Love to see the rack pulls in there, NICE!

LittleMan55
07-17-08, 8:00 am
You are a certified mad man! I may have to try that one in the future sound bruital.

firsthorseman97
07-17-08, 8:14 am
Fast and effective work bro! Love to see the rack pulls in there, NICE!
Thanks. Those rack pulls kicked my ass alot more than I expected.

You are a certified mad man! I may have to try that one in the future sound bruital.
Hell yeah, give it a shot and let me know what you think.

mcbeast
07-17-08, 9:53 am
Giant sets for back are amazing.Especially when you throw some kind of deadlifts in the mix!

firsthorseman97
07-17-08, 12:05 pm
Here's my reasoning behind the giant sets....

I workout at a YMCA and come September it'll be packed with college kids that take up too much space to socialize. Right now its a ghost town and I want to take full advantage of it by training with these giant sets. Plus I get down faster and can get out and enjoy the weather.

Also, the guy I want to train with (holds some PL records), is recovering from a RC injury and when he's healed we'll be lifting heavy with low reps so I'm trying to build up some muscle endurance. Come Sept. my body will be ready for the shock and I'll be ready to seriously bulk up.

Sugarbutt
07-17-08, 1:37 pm
What a solid back workout! How ya feeling now!?

firsthorseman97
07-17-08, 1:53 pm
What a solid back workout! How ya feeling now!?

I feel pretty good. Sore, but good.

sly06
07-17-08, 7:02 pm
Excellent workouts bro. You have had some really good volume and excellent numbers. Keep it up.

firsthorseman97
07-18-08, 11:06 am
I will not be able to workout tonight because I am moving into my FIRST HOUSE!!!!! We're closing today @ 3:30 then moving tonight and tomorrow. I'm sure that will be a workout in itself. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, ranch-style in town on a quiet street. It has a fenced-in backyard for the rugrats and a single car attached, heated garage. Its going to make a great first home. I just wanted to share this with my "extended family".

LittleMan55
07-18-08, 11:09 am
I will not be able to workout tonight because I am moving into my FIRST HOUSE!!!!! We're closing today @ 3:30 then moving tonight and tomorrow. I'm sure that will be a workout in itself. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, ranch-style in town on a quiet street. It has a fenced-in backyard for the rugrats and a single car attached, heated garage. Its going to make a great first home. I just wanted to share this with my "extended family".

Well worth missing a wo...

Congratulations bro! That is a major mile stone. Glad you shared it with us.

js71474
07-18-08, 2:33 pm
Don't sweat the missed workout, the gym ain't going anywhere. Congrats on the house bro, sounds very nice! I know you are one happy man right now! Good luck with the moving!

sly06
07-18-08, 4:16 pm
You had a monster day! Chest shoulders and then tri's. That is insane. Congrats on getting your first house.

firsthorseman97
07-21-08, 2:01 pm
We finished up moving in Saturday and only had a few boxes left to unpack on Sunday. Ash's sister had her baby girl, Nola, today (same day as Shaffer) so Ash is with her at the hospital. I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to hit the gym tonight. If not, I'll be in there tomorrow destroying my legs.

LittleMan55
07-21-08, 2:11 pm
Legs!?! hell yeah...

firsthorseman97
07-23-08, 7:33 am
Finally! I got a chance to hit legs, it had been a minute. So this is what went down...

Giant Set 1
Squats/ Smith SLDL/ Leg Press/ Leg Press Calf Raises
135 x 10/ 95 x 10/ 310 x 10/ 310 x 10 - Round 1
185 x 10/ 135 x 10/ 310 x 10/ 310 x 10 - Round 2 & 3

From this point on I felt like puking. I honestly wish I would have so I would feel better, but it never happened...

Giant Set 2
Lying Leg Curls/ Leg Extensions/ Seated Calf Raises
70 x 12/ 100 x 12/ 50 x 20 - 3 Rounds

After this I hit my Extreme Fascia Stretches (EFS). The workout took me 35 minutes then I hit the Elliptical for 10 minutes. I'm pretty happy with this workout and I'm definitely feeling it this morning.

js71474
07-23-08, 7:47 am
You should be happy with it, that was a great leg session. You kept going after you wanted to puke, I know that was intense. Good job bro!

firsthorseman97
07-23-08, 8:18 am
You should be happy with it, that was a great leg session. You kept going after you wanted to puke, I know that was intense. Good job bro!

Thanks! My stomach settled down just before I got home so I downed my EAA Nitro, then had some chicken and rice about an hour later.

firsthorseman97
07-23-08, 8:22 am
Just placed an order on BB.com for:

Milk and Egg Protein - Vanilla
Real Gains - Strawberry
Ultra Iso Whey - Tropical Punch
Animal Arms DVD (free with $75 purchase)

These Proteins should make a nice addition to my stack of Pak, Omega, Pump, and Uni-liver.

LittleMan55
07-23-08, 8:25 am
Very good order... Animal Arms is great!

the Leg Giant sets = NAST! in a good way though...

Sugarbutt
07-23-08, 11:50 am
Nice effin' leg workout!! I think Imma hafta start incorporating giant sets in my leg days...yay...

sly06
07-23-08, 6:15 pm
Just placed an order on BB.com for:

Milk and Egg Protein - Vanilla
Real Gains - Strawberry
Ultra Iso Whey - Tropical Punch
Animal Arms DVD (free with $75 purchase)

These Proteins should make a nice addition to my stack of Pak, Omega, Pump, and Uni-liver.

HMMMM Looks so tasty, well I am not sure about the milk and egg one but everything else looks good. Great workouts bro!!

firsthorseman97
07-24-08, 11:45 am
Today I've decided to do "Giant Set Fuckin' Madness". I am thoroughly going to destroy my Chest, shoulders and tri's. I want to have tears in my eyes because it hurts to start my car and drive it home.

BTW, my hams are so fuckin' sore that I'm still walking like an idiot.

LittleMan55
07-24-08, 11:46 am
Today I've decided to do "Giant Set Fuckin' Madness". I am thoroughly going to destroy my Chest, shoulders and tri's. I want to have tears in my eyes because it hurts to start my car and drive it home.

BTW, my hams are so fuckin' sore that I'm still walking like an idiot.

Oh this will be good!

got the march of the penguins going still huh?

firsthorseman97
07-24-08, 11:56 am
Oh this will be good!

got the march of the penguins going still huh?

LMAO! Yep, exactly. I wear it like a badge of honor but at work people pass you in the halls and look at you funny. Some people just don't get it.... and never will!

LittleMan55
07-24-08, 11:58 am
LMAO! Yep, exactly. I wear it like a badge of honor but at work people pass you in the halls and look at you funny. Some people just don't get it.... and never will!

I get the same looks and cherish them... Signs of a good leg day! NO most people dont get it, but those of us that do. We are fortunate!

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 7:17 am
Hopefully this lived up to the hype. I was completely destroyed....

Giant Set 1 ~ Chest
Incline DB Press/ Flat DB Press/ Incline DB Flyes/ Flat DB Flyes/ DB Pullovers
70 x 10/ 70 x 10/ 30 x 10/ 30 x 10/ 70 x 10 - Round 1
70 x 10/ 70 x 9/ 30 x 10/ 30 x 10/ 70 x 10 - Round 2
70 x 8/ 70 x 2/ 30 x 10/ 30 x 8/ 70 x 6 - Round 3
EFS

Giant Set 2 ~ Shoulders
Seated DB Press/ DB Front Raises/ DB Side Raises/ Arnold Press
45 x 15/ 25 x 10/ 15 x 10/ 30 x 10 - Round 1
45 x 12/ 25 x 8/ 15 x 10/ 30 x 8 - Round 2
EFS

Giant Set 3 ~ Tri's
Cable Skull Crushers/ Cable V-Bar Press-down/ Rope Press-down
96 x 12/ 96 x 12/ 48 x 12 - Round 1
96 x 6/ 96 x 9/ 48 x 12 - Round 2
EFS

Workout time: 50 minutes then Cardio on the elliptical: 15 minutes.

This workout kicked my ass. You can see I hit a serious wall on my 3 round of chest when I got to the Flat DB press. After chest was polished off it didn't take much to finish off my shoulders and tri's. On tri's, I tried something different by doing my skullcrushers on the cable. I just slid a flat bench up to the cable, put on a straight bar and went at it. Awesome resistance all the way thru the motion.

js71474
07-25-08, 8:59 am
The hype was hit man, you killed it in there bro! Nice workout, the upper body had to be pumped beyond imagination. Very nice!!

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 9:33 am
The hype was hit man, you killed it in there bro! Nice workout, the upper body had to be pumped beyond imagination. Very nice!!

Thanks bro! I definitely had some crazy pump going on.

Tron
07-25-08, 9:39 am
Giant Set 1 ~ Chest
EFS

Giant Set 2 ~ Shoulders
EFS

Giant Set 3 ~ Tri's
EFS

Just hopping in now... but I have to say, that's the real deal right there. Heavy, heavy day.

LittleMan55
07-25-08, 9:42 am
That one had to leave you feeling like you were going to explode?!?! Hell yeah it live up tot he hype!

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 9:45 am
That one had to leave you feeling like you were going to explode?!?! Hell yeah it live up tot he hype!

The blood was flowing everywhere but to my head. I was a little light-headed throughout most of the sets. I must say, I like that feeling. I wish I looked that pumped up all the time!

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 9:47 am
Just hopping in now... but I have to say, that's the real deal right there. Heavy, heavy day.

Thanks for popping in Tron. Stop by anytime!

Sugarbutt
07-25-08, 10:00 am
Hopefully this lived up to the hype. I was completely destroyed....

Giant Set 1 ~ Chest
EFS

Giant Set 2 ~ Shoulders
EFS

Giant Set 3 ~ Tri's
EFS

Workout time: 50 minutes then Cardio on the elliptical: 15 minutes.

This workout kicked my ass. You can see I hit a serious wall on my 3 round of chest when I got to the Flat DB press. After chest was polished off it didn't take much to finish off my shoulders and tri's. On tri's, I tried something different by doing my skullcrushers on the cable. I just slid a flat bench up to the cable, put on a straight bar and went at it. Awesome resistance all the way thru the motion.

Wow. There are *SOME* good things that come outta Ohio...mostly just Animals, though!! That workout looks fucking awesome...!!

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 10:21 am
Wow. There are *SOME* good things that come outta Ohio...mostly just Animals, though!! That workout looks fucking awesome...!!

LOL! I can't believe your from that place up north. Is it still considered a state? LMFAO!!!

deanna7272
07-25-08, 12:29 pm
LOL! I can't believe your from that place up north. Is it still considered a state? LMFAO!!!

Uh oh.... And so it begins.....LMAO...

LittleMan55
07-25-08, 12:30 pm

Uh oh.... And so it begins.....LMAO...

Oh you silly flatlander and northerners... LMAO!

deanna7272
07-25-08, 12:44 pm
Oh you silly flatlander and northerners... LMAO!

Nope, I'm in the Valley / Foothills... (Not that I am bragging....lol)

LittleMan55
07-25-08, 12:46 pm
Nope, I'm in the Valley / Foothills... (Not that I am bragging....lol)

it's better there! so you sould be lol

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 12:52 pm
I have no problem with you "hill" people. I believe everyone should have the right to marry who they want, even if its their own cousin. LMFAO!!! I just like ragging on Michigan fans like Sugarbutt apparently is.

LittleMan55
07-25-08, 12:54 pm
I have no problem with you "hill" people. I believe everyone should have the right to marry who they want, even if its their own cousin. LMFAO!!! I just like ragging on Michigan fans like Sugarbutt apparently is.

OUCH!

I live close enough to OHIO (7 miles) to be a flat lander myself... LOL

Tron
07-25-08, 1:43 pm
I believe everyone should have the right to marry who they want, even if its their own cousin.

Wow... harsh....

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 1:56 pm
Wow... harsh....

Nah, I'm just cracking jokes with my hilltop bros. Just one of those days.....

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 1:58 pm
Tomorrow is back and bi's. I might have to hit it early since I'll be spending most the day working on my yard. Now I just have to come up with an extreme giant set scheme for both.

LittleMan55
07-25-08, 2:00 pm
You mean extreme for back and bi's when you meant both? or Extreme giant set yard work? LOL

firsthorseman97
07-25-08, 2:02 pm
You mean extreme for back and bi's when you meant both? or Extreme giant set yard work? LOL

LOL! Back and Bi's.

Yard work should be fun. Ripping out landscape timbers, tilling up the beds, weedeating, trimming bushes and trees, maybe some deck work, etc.

Sugarbutt
07-25-08, 4:59 pm

Not really anymore. Just hate Ohio. ;)