PDA

View Full Version : Improvement is the only way

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Hoomgar
05-29-08, 3:27 pm
Please dont use the "c" word here, this is not a cut its more of a way to clean my ass up been eating this way since Monday, and I like it for now. Have more energy and feel good. About the NSC, I've ran that a lot in the past year so giving myself a nice soild break from it

LOL! Got it, no "c" word. Well I was only asking because I am also doing recomp work like yourself and have still been using the NSC and was wondering if maybe it was the reason I'm stuck at 221 and can't seem to break it no matter what? Just was diggin for your thoughts on using it during an... um, "reduction" ;)

LittleMan55
05-29-08, 3:42 pm
thanks, yeah the diet is clean and its clean by the athletic world. A clean Wides diet includes the ice cream and or Tastycake before bed. none of that here. Gotta get stronger and bigger the right way.

haha The Clean Wides diet sounds like the Broc diet from time to time. Stuck on Keto right now and things are "shaping" up nicely. After the beach though is clean feeding and some massive growing.

I'm interested to see how this style of eating helps your progress.

Big Wides
05-29-08, 5:46 pm
LOL! Got it, no "c" word. Well I was only asking because I am also doing recomp work like yourself and have still been using the NSC and was wondering if maybe it was the reason I'm stuck at 221 and can't seem to break it no matter what? Just was diggin for your thoughts on using it during an... um, "reduction" ;)

I feel that NSC can be used no matter what, bulk or cut since the ultimate aim at it is to add/keep lean muscle mass on your frame. Its not one of those bulk/cut supps (personally I dont beleive there are such things except for fat burners). So its got my green light to be used for anytime of the year, just make sure if your on it for a while to take a nice break from it

Big Wides
05-29-08, 9:16 pm
Wheels, 5/29/08 at 730ish

Leg Ext. - 5 sets 20-11, stack x11 on last set
Hamtractor - 4 sets 12-10, stack x10 on last set
Standing One Leg Curl - 3 sets of 8
Rev. Hack Squats - 1ppsx12, 2ppsx12, 3ppsx10, 5ppsx8, 7ppsx6
Box Squats (box 1"below parellell) - 135x5, 225x5, 315x3, 405x2, 495x0

Not a bad day at all was exhausted by the last set of box squats and form went to complete dog shit. knees came in dead dropped and thats all she wrote. Forgot how lovley it is to pre-exhaust your legs and move into the compounds, gives a whole new meaning to pump. Tomorrow is an off day, then Sat is the ABC...woooooo

Also, wore this shirt tonight which was lovley:
http://www.flexcart.com/memberS/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=327&pid=1865

Maccabee
05-29-08, 10:41 pm

Not a bad day at all was exhausted by the last set of box squats and form went to complete dog shit. knees came in dead dropped and thats all she wrote. Forgot how lovley it is to pre-exhaust your legs and move into the compounds, gives a whole new meaning to pump. Tomorrow is an off day, then Sat is the ABC...woooooo

First off, that was a psychotic session. Very strong brother.

Second, What is a Rev Hack Squat? How do you do it? Thanks.

Pizzalamp
05-29-08, 10:50 pm

sigh...wides...i dunno what to say anymore when i read these workouts...u set the bar high...very high...awesome job

that shirt rocks haha

dominate77
05-29-08, 11:11 pm
sick leg workout wides

got another question for you. I've heard so many different things about box squats. Most of them have said that when you hit the box, you rock back up and continue but that doesn't make much sense in my mind cause i don't see how rocking up is going to help you in a real squat.
The other one i've heard is you just sit on it, and squat it back up. Are either of these right?

Big Wides
05-30-08, 8:59 am
First off, that was a psychotic session. Very strong brother.

Second, What is a Rev Hack Squat? How do you do it? Thanks.

thanks Pokoritel, a reverse hack squat is when you face the pad instead of putting your back on it, much like a Power Squat Machine. Put your heels almost to the edge of the platform and squat normally while sticking your ass out in the air to get the proper break in the hips. Helps a lot with the deadlift and developing a great Gorillia ass.

sigh...wides...i dunno what to say anymore when i read these workouts...u set the bar high...very high...awesome job

that shirt rocks haha

thanks Pizza, I'm just trying to keep up with everyone else out there who is training balls out, wanting to get bigger, stronger, more explosive. It drives me, and on the shirt was getting some pretty weird looks at it, i just laughed.

sick leg workout wides

got another question for you. I've heard so many different things about box squats. Most of them have said that when you hit the box, you rock back up and continue but that doesn't make much sense in my mind cause i don't see how rocking up is going to help you in a real squat.
The other one i've heard is you just sit on it, and squat it back up. Are either of these right?

On box squats, the way I was taught how to do them and learned how was to sit on the box, while sitting on the box sit back like there is a chair back, then roll your hips back to the squat postion and squat up. How the disengaging of the the hips helps in a normal squat is think of where you break first, at the hips so this method helps with strengthing up the hips along with the rest of the squat. it helps produce static strength for when your down in the hole and start to push up your going to have that extra strength needed to heave up that monster weight. Not only does it help with the squat, but in the deadlifts and olympic lifts where hip speed and strength are real crucial in getting strong in those lifts.

Both of the types of box squatting that you mention are correct, it just depends on your style and what you are going for in the session. Me personally I always sit back, its just my personal preferance and it works well for me

LittleMan55
05-30-08, 9:01 am
Great work out Wides! Well great doesnt do it justice! You killed it bro.

I have that shirt and wear it most of the time. Not now cuz I'm doing the "c" word thats not allowed in this thread! Great shirt though!

McFly
05-30-08, 9:01 am
love the shirt brother!!!

Malloy1344
05-30-08, 9:12 am
405 off a box afte pre-exhaust. Damn bro. Insane. Love the shirt as well! You set the bar very high for everyone to look up to. Goodluck with the Clean Wides eating plan.

IRBS
05-30-08, 9:18 am

Very nice session bro. I need to pick up one of those shirts...so true! LOL

And yeah, Wides is correct in his description of a Box Squat...sit all the way back on that bad boy! touch and goes should only be used for checking depth. Remember, Box Squats are essentially an assistance exersize for the Squat! Like Wides said, when you sit all the way back you are targetting the posterior chain and hips. Strong PC & Hips = Bigger Squat!!

Big Wides
05-30-08, 9:35 am
Great work out Wides! Well great doesnt do it justice! You killed it bro.

I have that shirt and wear it most of the time. Not now cuz I'm doing the "c" word thats not allowed in this thread! Great shirt though!

thanks bro, just one step at a time. things are only going to get better from here out....got all the time in the world to set things in motion...patience is key

love the shirt brother!!!

knew you would, it fits nicely and looks damn good, espically when 9 out of 10 people are wearing cut-offs or sports bras.....

405 off a box afte pre-exhaust. Damn bro. Insane. Love the shirt as well! You set the bar very high for everyone to look up to. Goodluck with the Clean Wides eating plan.

Thanks Jim, it was either box squats or zerchers (glutton for punishment i am), I'm going to need all the luck I can get with the Clean Eating Plan, ate me some Lima Beans last night and they tasted like dirt! I feel like i should start moooing

Very nice session bro. I need to pick up one of those shirts...so true! LOL

And yeah, Wides is correct in his description of a Box Squat...sit all the way back on that bad boy! touch and goes should only be used for checking depth. Remember, Box Squats are essentially an assistance exersize for the Squat! Like Wides said, when you sit all the way back you are targetting the posterior chain and hips. Strong PC & Hips = Bigger Squat!!

thanks IRBS, and thanks for the reinsurance on my box squat description its been a while and didnt know if the old brain pot was right. forgot how much fun they are and if done correctly and over time one can build up a ton of speed and strength for the squat

Hoomgar
05-30-08, 10:36 am
I feel that NSC can be used no matter what, bulk or cut since the ultimate aim at it is to add/keep lean muscle mass on your frame. Its not one of those bulk/cut supps (personally I dont beleive there are such things except for fat burners). So its got my green light to be used for anytime of the year, just make sure if your on it for a while to take a nice break from it

Thanks for that bro. I wanted the opinion of someone who has used it a bit. I'm on my second 180ct bottle so I figure I'll finish it up and take a breather from it then for a bit.

Sat is the ABC...woooooo

495 on the box at the end!?!!? That's some crazy stuff Wides!

Nice shirt ;)

dominate77
05-30-08, 10:13 pm
On box squats, the way I was taught how to do them and learned how was to sit on the box, while sitting on the box sit back like there is a chair back, then roll your hips back to the squat postion and squat up. How the disengaging of the the hips helps in a normal squat is think of where you break first, at the hips so this method helps with strengthing up the hips along with the rest of the squat. it helps produce static strength for when your down in the hole and start to push up your going to have that extra strength needed to heave up that monster weight. Not only does it help with the squat, but in the deadlifts and olympic lifts where hip speed and strength are real crucial in getting strong in those lifts.

Both of the types of box squatting that you mention are correct, it just depends on your style and what you are going for in the session. Me personally I always sit back, its just my personal preferance and it works well for me

sweet, i guess that adds even more variety to it all. Thanks for breaking it down.

Big Wides
05-31-08, 10:26 am
Thanks for that bro. I wanted the opinion of someone who has used it a bit. I'm on my second 180ct bottle so I figure I'll finish it up and take a breather from it then for a bit.

495 on the box at the end!?!!? That's some crazy stuff Wides!

Nice shirt ;)

thanks HG, just laying down plans and gauging where I am at. at this time and point in my training.....

sweet, i guess that adds even more variety to it all. Thanks for breaking it down.

anytime bro, variety is a big key to gaining your goals and getting to where you want to be. Its all good

Toni69
05-31-08, 11:44 am

SICK!!!! REV HACKS AND THEN BOX SQUATS...OH MY! YOUR DESCRIPTION OF THOSE BOX SQUATS WAS RIGHT ON. MARK HAD ME DOIN THEM WITH 95LBS AND I SWEAR IT WAS BRUTAL. YOUR HERE WITH 405 AND THAT HUGE ASS JUMP TO 495...SICKNESS I TELL YOU...JUST SICK...BUT IN A VERY GOOD SENSE OF THE WORD.

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT A GORILLA ASS NOW? LOL

Big Wides
05-31-08, 9:10 pm
SICK!!!! REV HACKS AND THEN BOX SQUATS...OH MY! YOUR DESCRIPTION OF THOSE BOX SQUATS WAS RIGHT ON. MARK HAD ME DOIN THEM WITH 95LBS AND I SWEAR IT WAS BRUTAL. YOUR HERE WITH 405 AND THAT HUGE ASS JUMP TO 495...SICKNESS I TELL YOU...JUST SICK...BUT IN A VERY GOOD SENSE OF THE WORD.

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT A GORILLA ASS NOW? LOL

yes I have a gorilla ass....one that is very large and resembles that of the animal. But hey I like it

BEASTOFRAGE
05-31-08, 9:36 pm
good stuff bro!
TB

Big Wides
06-02-08, 10:22 am
good stuff bro!
TB

thanks Beast, huge cats like yourself checking in here every so often keeps me on my toes and drives my sessions more knowing that the big dogs are watching.

Big Wides
06-02-08, 10:31 am
Chest and Bis, Saturday, 5/31/08, 2pm...

Philly ABC, Pt. II. Greg Long's Gym, Street Rd. Feasterville, PA.

Stak, Pump, and 6 Beta Ala9 preworkout.

Trained Chest w/ G, Angry Jon and Angst and added Tek from Skiba's for Biceps.

Farmer's Walk with 150lb dbs - I forget my time but it was slower than Enforcer

Incline Barbell Press: 225 x 10, 275 x 7, 315 x 2, 245 x 9
Incline Hammer Strength (1st Generation): 3 sets, 4 pies per side x 2 on last set
Cable Crossovers: 4 sets x 25-15 reps

Superset: Alternating DB Curls w/ Hammer DB Curls, 4 sets each, 60s x 4 of each on last set
Unilateral Nautilus Biceps Machine (Old School): 4 sets x 20-10 reps per set
Straight Bar Cable Curls: 4 sets, 20 rep dropset on last set

My biceps are still sore, which means I've got to train them more and differently. Farmer's Walk was a blast, lots of joking around but when the time came to do it, it got serious. But all in good fun. Well the first week back is in the books, body's used to getting beat up so now its time to kick it up.....booyah

Also, raw milk is awesome.....going to try my creation tonight Real Gains Van./Iso Whey Choc PB Ice Cream made with the raw milk

Malloy1344
06-02-08, 11:45 am

Incline Hammer Strength (1st Generation): 3 sets, 4 pies per side x 2 on last set

Superset: Alternating DB Curls w/ Hammer DB Curls, 4 sets each, 60s x 4 of each on last set

My biceps are still sore, which means I've got to train them more and differently. Farmer's Walk was a blast, lots of joking around but when the time came to do it, it got serious. But all in good fun. Well the first week back is in the books, body's used to getting beat up so now its time to kick it up.....booyah

Also, raw milk is awesome.....going to try my creation tonight Real Gains Van./Iso Whey Choc PB Ice Cream made with the raw milk

Great session Wides. Punished those biceps like crazy. Enjoy that shake!

Big Wides
06-02-08, 11:58 am
Great session Wides. Punished those biceps like crazy. Enjoy that shake!

thanks Jim, still feeling it today. And that tasty mix is acutally ice cream, like you would get at the store. found an ice cream making machine and figured why not try it out with something that will help with recovery

Hoomgar
06-02-08, 1:26 pm

Great time Saturday Wides. Long's gym is a deff repeat IMO. So many machines there to hit iso or compound moves. I'm still sore today too! LOL!

Good to have ya back like this. Turn up the volume, time to hit it!

LittleMan55
06-02-08, 1:35 pm
Great work out! Hell of a good ice cream recipe you got there too bro!

Big Wides
06-02-08, 2:17 pm
Great time Saturday Wides. Long's gym is a deff repeat IMO. So many machines there to hit iso or compound moves. I'm still sore today too! LOL!

Good to have ya back like this. Turn up the volume, time to hit it!

that it was, and that place hasnt changed in years. the best is yet to come, just takes time and patience

Great work out! Hell of a good ice cream recipe you got there too bro!

thanks broc, yeah the ice cream will be my sainty while eating clean, gotta reward myself for all that green shit I'm eating. but the way I look at it the only sugars in it are natural and what comes from the powders so its all good

Big Wides
06-02-08, 7:37 pm
50 minutes of cardio....joy

Landmines - 4x15
Decline Situps - 3x20
Barbell Twists - 3x20
Pull Down Abs - 4x25

Yes, after seeing pics of me and knowing where I want to be strength wise ab work has to get done. the stronger they are the stronger I become

eblnyc
06-02-08, 8:00 pm
damn sweaty wides,i havent checked up on u in awhile..nothing has derailed u from your goals..looking strong in killadelphia..

Big Wides
06-02-08, 9:41 pm
damn sweaty wides,i havent checked up on u in awhile..nothing has derailed u from your goals..looking strong in killadelphia..

thanks eblnyc, its all about finding balance between all of the different aspects of life, and making things work towards your advantage. I've learned that concept very well over the past year, in trying to become bigger and stronger than before. Just trying to make my mark with each session, each rep, and everytime I open my eyes.

Elite
06-02-08, 9:49 pm
Hey Wides. The farmers walk. Are there any restrictions in how you walk, as i noticed you, TEK and Enforcer all had different movement. Is it a case of just getting from A-B in the quickest time, regardless of technique like small quick steps, lunging or skating across the floor?

I was entertained none the less and you all did a grand job.

Pizzalamp
06-02-08, 10:05 pm
good job on the farmers walk wides

hey whats the deal w/ raw milk? what is it? ive never heard of it before

Big Wides
06-02-08, 10:20 pm
Hey Wides. The farmers walk. Are there any restrictions in how you walk, as i noticed you, TEK and Enforcer all had different movement. Is it a case of just getting from A-B in the quickest time, regardless of technique like small quick steps, lunging or skating across the floor?

I was entertained none the less and you all did a grand job.

Thanks Paul, I am sure there is some techincal way to approach the event that will ensure the quickest way to get it done with the most power. We just took it, I think as moving from point A-B in the quickest time. From my experiences with moving weights in a linear fashion in a quick manner, the smaller quicker your steps are the faster and more effiecent whatever it is your moving, move eaiser

Big Wides
06-02-08, 10:22 pm
good job on the farmers walk wides

hey whats the deal w/ raw milk? what is it? ive never heard of it before

thanks Pizza, its farmer's milk so its like drinking it straight from the cow.....its very good. I think you can pick it up at health food stores. but not to be confused with organic milk which is a differnet thing altogether

boar
06-02-08, 10:47 pm

I like how you did the farmers walks. thats very strongmanesc. Wides, I ll be checking up on your workouts so don't slack. stay animal bro.

Mack-
06-03-08, 12:51 am
"My biceps are still sore, which means I've got to train them more and differently. "

I thought being sore wa a good sign

Toni69
06-03-08, 5:05 am
vids were great Wides...you look great. Your def a machine in the gym...a machine with a lot of heart. Good things big W.

;)

Big Wides
06-03-08, 9:00 am
I like how you did the farmers walks. thats very strongmanesc. Wides, I ll be checking up on your workouts so don't slack. stay animal bro.

thanks boar, it felt great doing them....I have always wanted to do some sort of strongman competition and the training is very similar to how I do (from what I've seen). It was a nice adreline rush, and I can only say that my sessions will get better from here on out, I've seen the pics/vids of me performing so now I know what needs work....its just all about putting a plan into motion

"My biceps are still sore, which means I've got to train them more and differently. "

I thought being sore wa a good sign

Yes and no on being sore. Having DOMS all the time can be both benefical since you are still repairing the fibers however if it happens all the time it could be a sign from your body to slow down. The reason why by bis were still sore was due to the fact that normally when I train them its in an amost superset fashion and no more than 9 sets. Its obivous now that I need to train them on a different day and in a different manner to get them up to par. Bigger biceps = bigger deadlift and squat, also helps on the bench with giving arm balance.

vids were great Wides...you look great. Your def a machine in the gym...a machine with a lot of heart. Good things big W.

;)

thanks Toni, the vids were a shocker to be and it helps a lot on my form, seeing how I handle certain weights....def a soild learning tool. I try and approach each session with intensity and a high level of fun

Malloy1344
06-03-08, 9:09 am

Landmines - 4x15
Decline Situps - 3x20
Barbell Twists - 3x20
Pull Down Abs - 4x25

Yes, after seeing pics of me and knowing where I want to be strength wise ab work has to get done. the stronger they are the stronger I become

50 minutes??? Damn Wides, going crazy in Philly. Great Discipline.

IRBS
06-03-08, 9:19 am

Landmines - 4x15
Decline Situps - 3x20
Barbell Twists - 3x20
Pull Down Abs - 4x25

So true...neglected Abs is the fastest way to "Weak-Town"...hit'em hard!

McFly
06-03-08, 9:26 am
hey wides....what are landmines?

Big Wides
06-03-08, 9:34 am
50 minutes??? Damn Wides, going crazy in Philly. Great Discipline.

I swear its the heat that is making me nuts....lol. yeah I am gaining too fast so adding some cardio here and there to keep shit in check plus the cardio endurance can only help in my training

So true...neglected Abs is the fastest way to "Weak-Town"...hit'em hard!

that it is, looking to hit them twice this week, then move it to a max of three times a week to get them up to par

hey wides....what are landmines?

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9601&highlight=grappler

they are also called The Grappler, they are great for building the abs/oblique area. They are not all too good for sculpting purposes but help build overall strength to help support tons of weight

Enforcer
06-03-08, 10:11 am

I saw you guys killing chest at the ABC, nice work as always bro. Keep up the sick training. It was good to get to shoot the shit with you afterwards at the buffet. You are gonna do big things in life bro, keep up the hard work.

Hoomgar
06-03-08, 11:29 am
Cardio FTW! :)

I'm going to try those grapplers....

Big Wides
06-03-08, 4:35 pm
I saw you guys killing chest at the ABC, nice work as always bro. Keep up the sick training. It was good to get to shoot the shit with you afterwards at the buffet. You are gonna do big things in life bro, keep up the hard work.

Def was good shooting the shit with you as well and the same goes to you to bro, your going to be making serious waves and blazing trails no matter what path you take in life. Getting there the same way others before us have, with hard work, dedication, and attention to details.

Cardio FTW! :)

I'm going to try those grapplers....

yes cardio.....the grappler is a great exercise make sure when doing them that the plate clears your hip before returning to center

Hoomgar
06-03-08, 4:47 pm
Def was good shooting the shit with you as well and the same goes to you to bro, your going to be making serious waves and blazing trails no matter what path you take in life. Getting there the same way others before us have, with hard work, dedication, and attention to details.

yes cardio.....the grappler is a great exercise make sure when doing them that the plate clears your hip before returning to center

When you hear/feel the funny snapping sound followed by an immediate warm sensation in your lower back then you know you have gone far enough right?

Big Wides
06-03-08, 9:23 pm
Back....6/3/08 at 720pm

Stack, Pump, 8 Beta Ala9 Preworkout

Rack Deads (pulled 1" below my sticking point) - barx8, 135x8, 225x8, 315x8, 405x5, 495x5, 545x1, 585x1 (smoke show), 625x0
Pulldowns - 4 sets 15-4, stackx4 on last set
HS Low Row - 1ppsx14, 2ppsx10, 3ppsx10, 4ppsx4
Incline DB Rows - 70x6, 90x6

Seated Calf Raise - 7sets 15-12

Lost the 625 mid-thigh dont know if I was gassed or what but I was pulling from my sticking point so its a plus for me. Learned a lot about what needs work on the deads from that miss....which is good. When we learn we can grow. Went over did some pulldowns which felt heavy as balls as did the rest of the workout, but plowed on through. Was able to do calves without them cramping on me, another plus. Good session today, only way from here is up

Carpe Diem P.T
06-03-08, 9:25 pm
great back day and its great to see you are as focused on your weaknesses as you are your strengths. i will be sussing this place out regularly. i like what u do and how u do it.

Big Wides
06-03-08, 9:45 pm
great back day and its great to see you are as focused on your weaknesses as you are your strengths. i will be sussing this place out regularly. i like what u do and how u do it.

thanks bro, just trying to become a well rounded athlete with focus on all aspects of training and stimulating different bodyparts with different exercises. If I can make what areas that are a struggle equal to those that are doing well now, then hopefully I can bring my best to the table each day out

mcbeast
06-04-08, 12:13 am
Killer work on rack deads..

Toni69
06-04-08, 3:19 am
Back....6/3/08 at 720pm

Rack Deads (pulled 1" below my sticking point) - barx8, 135x8, 225x8, 315x8, 405x5, 495x5, 545x1, 585x1 (smoke show), 625x0

Lost the 625 mid-thigh dont know if I was gassed or what but I was pulling from my sticking point so its a plus for me. Learned a lot about what needs work on the deads from that miss....which is good. When we learn we can grow. Went over did some pulldowns which felt heavy as balls as did the rest of the workout, but plowed on through. Was able to do calves without them cramping on me, another plus. Good session today, only way from here is up

I think you and McFly need to go at it with pulls on one of those gatherings...that would be a show I would pay tickets for man. But dont make me choose betw the 2 of you...I couldnt possibly, Im torn! sigh....;)

Awesome work as always and I hope we get to train sometimes when Im home. It would be an honor to be at your side and try and follow your lead....with a lot less weight of course. LOL

Big Wides
06-04-08, 8:38 am
Killer work on rack deads..

thanks bro, really felt them right where I wanted to....which is all good

I think you and McFly need to go at it with pulls on one of those gatherings...that would be a show I would pay tickets for man. But dont make me choose betw the 2 of you...I couldnt possibly, Im torn! sigh....;)

Awesome work as always and I hope we get to train sometimes when Im home. It would be an honor to be at your side and try and follow your lead....with a lot less weight of course. LOL

Thanks Toni, I dont know if I can keep up the McFly and those monsterous weights he throws around but it would be interesting. It would be an honor to train with you, get to pick your brain apart about training methods/diet and to pick up a few tips here and there.

mcbeast
06-04-08, 8:50 am
where exactly is your stickin point? and is your approach just heavy low reps on the rack deadlifts?

Malloy1344
06-04-08, 9:04 am
Back....6/3/08 at 720pm

Fuckin nice Wides!! 625 will be yours next time. Great session there. Only going to help improve your monster deadlift.

Big Wides
06-04-08, 9:24 am
where exactly is your stickin point? and is your approach just heavy low reps on the rack deadlifts?

Right below my knees, so I set the bar up 2" below them, normally when doing rack pulls the bar is about 4-5" below. My approach to all types of deadlifts is heavy low reps, I do not like going high reps on heavy weight for me its a safety issue. I stay within the 0-5 rep range, but sometimes if I will bust out an 8 rep set for shits and giggles

Fuckin nice Wides!! 625 will be yours next time. Great session there. Only going to help improve your monster deadlift.

Thanks Jim, its only a matter of time before I nail that weight....gotta do it right. The assistance work not only adds some variety, which is the spice of life, but will get the back nice and big......hopefully

McFly
06-04-08, 9:24 am
just curious wides, where do you have the pins at in reference to your knee? NEVERMIND answered above

look at toni trying to get things going!!! lthe philly ABC had a few contests now she's trying to start something else going!!! LMAO

I say we get together for a training session or two...I'm scared of anything else...Heck I'm barely 230 right now....I can't hang with Big Monster Wides!!!!

we train back on wednesdays, you should come down sometime!

Big Wides
06-04-08, 10:03 am
just curious wides, where do you have the pins at in reference to your knee? NEVERMIND answered above

look at toni trying to get things going!!! lthe philly ABC had a few contests now she's trying to start something else going!!! LMAO

I say we get together for a training session or two...I'm scared of anything else...Heck I'm barely 230 right now....I can't hang with Big Monster Wides!!!!

we train back on wednesdays, you should come down sometime!

I'm down for a couple of sessions, trust me I'm more scared that you are and there is nothing monsterous about me, I'm just a regular guy who likes to lift weights.....if anything judging by your pics your the monster, plus that Mack Truck of a human being that you train with as well. As the summer progresses I might make it down there for a session or two.....sounds very tempting

boar
06-04-08, 1:39 pm
Good rack pulling brother! You seem to be pretty even between your dead and and rack pull. my rack pull is 50lbs heavier then my pull from the floor. keep making us proud!

Big Wides
06-04-08, 2:16 pm
Good rack pulling brother! You seem to be pretty even between your dead and and rack pull. my rack pull is 50lbs heavier then my pull from the floor. keep making us proud!

thanks boar, I'm just trying to do my best each damn time in the gym. No matter the outcome of the session it still counts as a good one in my book. I was able to get there and train plus learn something new about how my body responds to different things and what needs fixing

Big Wides
06-04-08, 7:41 pm
Abs:

Pulldown Abs - 4x25 increasing weight with set
Decline Sit-ups - 4x25
Landmines - 4 sets 15-6, 2piesx6 on last set

35 minutes of cardio.....

Hoomgar
06-05-08, 11:55 am
Abs:

Pulldown Abs - 4x25 increasing weight with set
Decline Sit-ups - 4x25
Landmines - 4 sets 15-6, 2piesx6 on last set

35 minutes of cardio.....

How did those landmines feel bro? I was going to do them Tuesday but was too gassed. Maybe tonight?

Big Wides
06-05-08, 12:15 pm
How did those landmines feel bro? I was going to do them Tuesday but was too gassed. Maybe tonight?

Well, my lower abs, olbiques feel like they've been hit by a truck. I really like them a lot, they dont give you a streamline waist but I'm not worried about that. Make sure when you do them the angle of the bar isnt to high, gotta keep it to where it is able to clear your hip and feel it in your abs at the same time.

Maccabee
06-05-08, 12:36 pm
Hey Wides,

I need a way to do Landmines. You got any ideas? I saw powerfreaks video for it but I dont have one of those things to attach the bar to.

Big Wides
06-05-08, 12:41 pm
Hey Wides,

I need a way to do Landmines. You got any ideas? I saw powerfreaks video for it but I dont have one of those things to attach the bar to.

Yeah I dont have that thing either, what I do is just throw one end of the bar in the corner, like you would for T-Bar Rows and use that as the pivot point. Just make sure that you have enough clearance on either side of you and your golden

Maccabee
06-05-08, 12:52 pm
Yeah I dont have that thing either, what I do is just throw one end of the bar in the corner, like you would for T-Bar Rows and use that as the pivot point. Just make sure that you have enough clearance on either side of you and your golden

Ok Thanks. I have to strengthen my abs...got to increase the numbers. Peace

Hoomgar
06-05-08, 12:56 pm
Well, my lower abs, olbiques feel like they've been hit by a truck. I really like them a lot, they dont give you a streamline waist but I'm not worried about that. Make sure when you do them the angle of the bar isnt to high, gotta keep it to where it is able to clear your hip and feel it in your abs at the same time.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Make sure when you do them the angle of the bar isnt to high"?

Hey Wides,

I'm making my own hub bro. I'll let ya know how it works out. I'm going to take a piece of 12" stump 12" high and hollow an indent into it for the bar. The stump will sit in the corner of the garage and the bar end goes into the indent then you can pile plates on top of the stump to hold it down. Low budget gym equipment FTW baby!

Big Wides
06-05-08, 1:00 pm
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "Make sure when you do them the angle of the bar isnt to high"?

Dont have it over your head with the angle, for me the best place to hold it get the stretch is having it right around my chin, this way when I twist I get the full benefits of the motion.

Hoomgar
06-05-08, 1:07 pm
Dont have it over your head with the angle, for me the best place to hold it get the stretch is having it right around my chin, this way when I twist I get the full benefits of the motion.

About how much space between you and the end of the bar bro? How far away from you in other words?

Sorry for all the questions...

Big Wides
06-05-08, 1:44 pm
About how much space between you and the end of the bar bro? How far away from you in other words?

Sorry for all the questions...

Here's how I set up to do them:

- Gently place bar in the corner or whatever your using as a pivot point
- Apply weight to other end of bar
- Firmly grasp the bar and raise it to the desired height (different depending on how tall you are)
- Place feet in the ground so that you are upright (deterime bar angle then place feet)
- Preform a test twist to make sure that you are clearing your hip
- If all is peachy, then continue if not than either reduce the angle of the bar or change your feet position to help with it, keeping the bar angle under 90 degrees

Just make sure you dont clip your nose or hit your brain pot, anchor the feet in and do these slow

Hoomgar
06-05-08, 1:52 pm
Here's how I set up to do them:

- Gently place bar in the corner or whatever your using as a pivot point
- Apply weight to other end of bar
- Firmly grasp the bar and raise it to the desired height (different depending on how tall you are)
- Place feet in the ground so that you are upright (deterime bar angle then place feet)
- Preform a test twist to make sure that you are clearing your hip
- If all is peachy, then continue if not than either reduce the angle of the bar or change your feet position to help with it, keeping the bar angle under 90 degrees

Just make sure you dont clip your nose or hit your brain pot, anchor the feet in and do these slow

Thanks bro. I'm going to see about doing some tonight if I can.
I appreciate your time explaining this Jim.

Hg

Big Wides
06-05-08, 2:17 pm
Thanks bro. I'm going to see about doing some tonight if I can.
I appreciate your time explaining this Jim.

Hg

your quite welcome

Big Wides
06-05-08, 4:36 pm
Think I've found my next meet, if I can do it, it would be Aug. 10, its a WNPF meet down in Philadelphia. If I can't do that one, then Sept. 27th down in Delaware with those monsters.

Big Wides
06-05-08, 9:36 pm
Wheels......06/05/08 at 730

Leg Ext. - 5 sets, stack (320lbs)x14
Standing Unilateral Leg Curl - 4sets 12-4, stackx4 on last set
Hamtractor - 4 sets 15-10, stackx10 on last set
Single Leg Ext. - 2x12
Squats (set up two racks for this) - 135x15/barx15, 225x10/135x10, 315x8/225x9, 405x8/315x8
Sissy Hack Squats - 2x12

Calf Raises - 6x15

Well those squats were a real tester, set up two racks and went to town. As soon as I racked the one made my way over took my grip and went to town. Its not only a test of physical endurance but mental as well. Felt damn good to do it, was incredible. The pre-exhaust helped a lot getting my legs ready for this and the Sissy Hacks were just to get blood out of there. Good session today, also got in a new singlet (broke that in tonight), and a set of real knee wraps (Which I dont know when I am going to use them).

I want to be big enough for when my time comes, and the boatman comes for me that its just me and him in that boat going to the promised land.

Angst
06-05-08, 10:02 pm
That's pretty crazy to say the least, great job Wides. Maybe I should start drinking kool-aid too lol

boar
06-05-08, 10:22 pm

Single Leg Ext. - 2x12
Squats (set up two racks for this) - 135x15/barx15, 225x10/135x10, 315x8/225x9, 405x8/315x8
Sissy Hack Squats - 2x12

Calf Raises - 6x15

Well those squats were a real tester, set up two racks and went to town. As soon as I racked the one made my way over took my grip and went to town. Its not only a test of physical endurance but mental as well. Felt damn good to do it, was incredible. The pre-exhaust helped a lot getting my legs ready for this and the Sissy Hacks were just to get blood out of there. Good session today, also got in a new singlet (broke that in tonight), and a set of real knee wraps (Which I dont know when I am going to use them).

I want to be big enough for when my time comes, and the boatman comes for me that its just me and him in that boat going to the promised land.

thats squatting till you puke. ridiculous volume there. nice 405 by 8 bro.

Big Wides
06-05-08, 10:51 pm
That's pretty crazy to say the least, great job Wides. Maybe I should start drinking kool-aid too lol

thanks Angst, its the crazy stuff that makes you grow and gets those fibers stimulated. I figured tonight what the hell do something that you havent done in a while. it works and grape kool-aid intra workout works wonders

thats squatting till you puke. ridiculous volume there. nice 405 by 8 bro.

thanks boar, no puking allowed its blasphmany. I didnt even realzie the volume was so much until I wrote it down, gotta love going to natural muscle faliure.....

Pizzalamp
06-05-08, 11:46 pm
impressive workout wides...those squats...damn...

i like your boat quote

mcbeast
06-05-08, 11:48 pm
Werre both regular stance squats?

& that is pure madness...

dominate77
06-06-08, 12:42 am
that is pure madness...

agreed. Nice work wides

Big Wides
06-06-08, 8:39 am
impressive workout wides...those squats...damn...

i like your boat quote

thanks Pizza, those squats are where you make your money. The lighter sets in that string of madness were a struggle so I know I picked a good thing to do, where's the fun if it's to easy?

Werre both regular stance squats?

& that is pure madness...

Yes they both were regular stance squats done to a nice depth (those who have seen me squat know how low it is, I can't tell you since I am always looking up to the sky). To me madness and genius are the same damn term....both help in the growth of mankind

agreed. Nice work wides

thanks bro, just trying to get a respectable set of wheels one of these days

McFly
06-06-08, 8:45 am
dude you scare me

Big Wides
06-06-08, 8:51 am
dude you scare me

How do I scare you??? I am confused at this, if anything you scare the living shit out of me with your hugeness and way you push serious weight

McFly
06-06-08, 9:05 am
How do I scare you??? I am confused at this, if anything you scare the living shit out of me with your hugeness and way you push serious weight

i'm a little guy now, i can't even make the 242's now LOL

i read your workouts and end up covering my eyes and peaking between the fingers

supersetting squats with squats? i'm having muscle spasms in my quads just thinking about it LOL

Malloy1344
06-06-08, 9:18 am

Single Leg Ext. - 2x12
Sissy Hack Squats - 2x12

Calf Raises - 6x15

Squats with squats? Jesus. You must have a few mental screws loose to conjure up that idea in your head. Great workout my friend. New training techniques are always fun. Only gonna make that 600lb squat closer.

Hoomgar
06-06-08, 10:03 am
your quite welcome

Well I sprained or possibly tore my left medial delt on my first exercise last night (HS overhead press) by going to heavy at first and so the rest of the night was a wash trying to find things I could still do. So, Landmines did not happen and I could not be more disappointed :|

dude you scare me

Agreed, Wides, your freakin me out LOL!

The squat master. I guess I wont be workin through with you any time soon LOL!

Big Wides
06-06-08, 10:07 am
i'm a little guy now, i can't even make the 242's now LOL

i read your workouts and end up covering my eyes and peaking between the fingers

supersetting squats with squats? i'm having muscle spasms in my quads just thinking about it LOL

dont worry I cant make the 242s either right now.....LOL

Squats with squats was a killer....people were looking at me like I had two heads....however I need to get bigger, and if this is one of the ways to do it then I'll just have to walk this line

Squats with squats? Jesus. You must have a few mental screws loose to conjure up that idea in your head. Great workout my friend. New training techniques are always fun. Only gonna make that 600lb squat closer.

thanks Jim, thats kinda my thinking behind all of this crazy shit....new techniques to get new growth.....always trying to put my best foot forward in the gym each time

IRBS
06-06-08, 10:09 am
LOL, I would have puked my ass off squatting like that! LOL Nice job Wides!

Big Wides
06-06-08, 10:32 am
Well I sprained or possibly tore my left medial delt on my first exercise last night (HS overhead press) by going to heavy at first and so the rest of the night was a wash trying to find things I could still do. So, Landmines did not happen and I could not be more disappointed :|

Agreed, Wides, your freakin me out LOL!

The squat master. I guess I wont be workin through with you any time soon LOL!

I am not the squat master, just some meathead who decided that last night I was going to do something to shock the system.....hopefully it worked

LOL, I would have puked my ass off squatting like that! LOL Nice job Wides!

thanks IRBS, I think this will get me out of my squatting funk and act as a springboard to bigger numbers

Toni69
06-06-08, 11:58 am
You love squats..you must! LOL

I actually love those sissy hack squats...awkward at first but really good feeling to them once you get the form down. I dont use any major weight with them cause of the position it puts you in, but I love the stretch I get off it.

Always good things with you Wides...never know what to expect up in here..LOL

G Diesel
06-06-08, 12:12 pm

Quote of the day...

Peace, G

Hoomgar
06-06-08, 12:17 pm
I am not the squat master, just some meathead who decided that last night I was going to do something to shock the system.....hopefully it worked

Depends who ya ask bro :)

It was a stellar session indeed.

Big Wides
06-06-08, 12:34 pm
You love squats..you must! LOL

I actually love those sissy hack squats...awkward at first but really good feeling to them once you get the form down. I dont use any major weight with them cause of the position it puts you in, but I love the stretch I get off it.

Always good things with you Wides...never know what to expect up in here..LOL

Thats why I did them, to get a strectch in my legs to help them recover and the weight was minimal, damn legs were tight is was a bitch to do the calf work. It worked wasnt all that sore this morning, knowing my luck it will hit tomorrow

Depends who ya ask bro :)

It was a stellar session indeed.

thanks Hg, going at it like a man who is possesed. Others are out there training harder than this, so I've gotta step it up to match them

Pizzalamp
06-07-08, 7:56 pm
enjoy this weekend big man

Big Wides
06-08-08, 10:17 pm
Chest, 6/7/08 down in Cape May, NJ

flat bench - barx10, 135x8, 225x8, 315x8, 365x1, 385x1, 405x1, 315x7
steep incline bench - 135x10, 225x10, 315x3
Cable Flies - 4x10
Pec Deck - 30rep drop set

That was it, first time I've flat pressed since I think the beginning of May, so all in all was a good session. Did some soild stretching afterwards to get the blood flowing and help get the repair process started

mcbeast
06-08-08, 10:18 pm

flat bench - barx10, 135x8, 225x8, 315x8, 265x1, 385x1, 405x1, 315x7
Cable Flies - 4x10

That was it, first time I've flat pressed since I think the beginning of May, so all in all was a good session. Did some soild stretching afterwards to get the blood flowing and help get the repair process started

Instinct eh? Thatta boy.405 after sets,monstrous brother.30 rep drop set?! Shit,burns thinkin about it,haha.

Oh,whyd you drop back to 265? haha

dominate77
06-08-08, 10:38 pm

was wondering the same thing but i figured you meant 365

thats an insanely large amount of weight bro, awesome job

Big Wides
06-09-08, 8:57 am
Instinct eh? Thatta boy.405 after sets,monstrous brother.30 rep drop set?! Shit,burns thinkin about it,haha.

thanks dude, that drop set was a nice way to cap off the session, one thing is that I've gotta get consistantly be at or above 400lbs in the bench, thats a personal milestone that I have set for myself and am looking to accomplish that feat

was wondering the same thing but i figured you meant 365

thats an insanely large amount of weight bro, awesome job

thanks dude, felt surprisingly smooth off the chest which is were i have my trouble area. Good session and the shoulder was behaving its self.....

Hoomgar
06-09-08, 10:58 am

Cable Flies - 4x10

thanks dude, felt surprisingly smooth off the chest which is were i have my trouble area. Good session and the shoulder was behaving its self.....

Answer to my next question already right there. That is some good news bro. It feels great to get back into something after some time off ain't? That was legs for me this week.

Hows the chest feelin this AM?

Malloy1344
06-09-08, 11:12 am

Cable Flies - 4x10

Great pressing Wides. 315 x 3 on a steep incline is no joke my friend. Keep the power goin.

Big Wides
06-09-08, 11:39 am
Answer to my next question already right there. That is some good news bro. It feels great to get back into something after some time off ain't? That was legs for me this week.

Hows the chest feelin this AM?

that it does and everything was there too, felt good. chest is a little tight today but thats expected.

Great pressing Wides. 315 x 3 on a steep incline is no joke my friend. Keep the power goin.

thanks Jim, the steep incline is a nice change up and i like how it helps build that collarbone area up.....dont feel it too much in the shoulders but get a good pump in the chest

Enforcer
06-09-08, 11:40 am
Another farmer's walk challenge at the Jersey ABC?

Pizzalamp
06-09-08, 11:41 am

Cable Flies - 4x10

strong as ever...good job wides

T. Kemble
06-09-08, 11:41 am
im down for whatever challenge you guys want. il do a farmers walk with angry jon on my back if you guys want haha.

yo wides i got a new log hit me up bro!!

Hoomgar
06-09-08, 12:13 pm

im down for whatever challenge you guys want. il do a farmers walk with angry jon on my back if you guys want haha.

TLooks like the Gauntlet has been thrown down... again! Who is in?

Big Wides
06-09-08, 12:40 pm

Hows this sound for some sort of challenge......either a keg toss (for height or distance) or a Yoke Walk (load a barbell up with weight attach the chains to it and walk)?

Big Wides
06-09-08, 12:42 pm
strong as ever...good job wides

thanks Grant, just trying to do my best to catch up with the monsters on the board here and those out there who are in the shadows training harder than i am

Pizzalamp
06-09-08, 12:55 pm
thanks Grant, just trying to do my best to catch up with the monsters on the board here and those out there who are in the shadows training harder than i am

dont be so modest...youre quite the monster yourself

Enforcer
06-09-08, 1:15 pm
Hows this sound for some sort of challenge......either a keg toss (for height or distance) or a Yoke Walk (load a barbell up with weight attach the chains to it and walk)?

I am down for watever. I'll have to be careful with weight strapped to my back and running- def don't want to have a Franco Columbo accident

IRBS
06-09-08, 1:15 pm
Nice Benching Wides!

Big Wides
06-09-08, 1:49 pm
I am down for watever. I'll have to be careful with weight strapped to my back and running- def don't want to have a Franco Columbo accident

Well then the Yoke is out, gotta pick "body friendly" events....there is no use in getting hurt doing this.

Nice Benching Wides!

thanks bro, trying to get it up to a respectable number so that when I ever decide to do a Full Power Meet, I dont make an ass out of myself

Enforcer
06-09-08, 1:52 pm
Well then the Yoke is out, gotta pick "body friendly" events....there is no use in getting hurt doing this.

thanks bro, trying to get it up to a respectable number so that when I ever decide to do a Full Power Meet, I dont make an ass out of myself

Very tru bro. Did you ever see what happened to Franco when he tried to run with the refridgerator

IRBS
06-09-08, 1:59 pm

I hear ya on that...

Big Wides
06-09-08, 2:17 pm
Very tru bro. Did you ever see what happened to Franco when he tried to run with the refridgerator

can't say that I have but it doesnt sound like a good thing

Enforcer
06-09-08, 2:30 pm
can't say that I have but it doesnt sound like a good thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3kaKP3GZRM&feature=related

Watch this shit

mcbeast
06-09-08, 2:31 pm
Franco-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3kaKP3GZRM

Hoomgar
06-09-08, 3:14 pm
If BW doesn't mind me jacking his thread long enough to ask, Enforcer, what happened to Colombu's back? Is that the thing that happened in '77? I'm trying to find out.

mcbeast
06-09-08, 3:16 pm
If BW doesn't mind me jacking his thread long enough to ask, Enforcer, what happened to Colombu's back? Is that the thing that happened in '77? I'm trying to find out.

Look at the post above you.

mcbeast
06-09-08, 3:17 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3kaKP3GZRM&feature=related

Watch this shit

what the hell? we posted this at the same time..

Hoomgar
06-09-08, 3:30 pm
Look at the post above you.

That is his leg injury bro.

Enforcer
06-09-08, 3:34 pm
what the hell? we posted this at the same time..

Actually I beat u by one minute but whose counting

eblnyc
06-09-08, 8:56 pm
sweaty wides is kickin some major ass in killadelphia..i havent been here in awhile but i knew u were as determined as ever...i was not wrong..

Big Wides
06-09-08, 10:04 pm
sweaty wides is kickin some major ass in killadelphia..i havent been here in awhile but i knew u were as determined as ever...i was not wrong..

its the only way I know how to train.....gotta get better with each session and try to improve on what I've already got. and yes sweaty wides is a good name for me now, espically in this heat.....blah

Big Wides
06-09-08, 10:08 pm
Ams....6/09/08 at 800 PM

Trained with Juggernaut

One Arm Preacher Curl - 30x15, 40x12, 50x7, 30x15
Barbell Curl - 65x15, 95x12, 135x7, 155x2+1
Hammer Curl - 50x8, 60x6, 80x3 (like a full body curl, worked the negative)

Pushdowns - 4sets, stackx11 on last set
Dips - 4sets of 8-6

20 min. cardio afterwards

Well back in action today with an arms session, after looking at past logs the more I train arms the more consistant my weights are. Juggernaut was back to his old tricks and G was in there pounding away at shoulders looking jacked beyond belief. I think these arm days might start to make their way into the rotation, as much as I hate training them they have to get done.

Legs tomorrow....wooooo

Sir J-Werk
06-09-08, 10:17 pm
Impressive session Bro.

mcbeast
06-09-08, 10:32 pm
Simple&Effective arm workout,and beastly weights to top it off!

Any idea the measurements on them pythons?

Big Wides
06-10-08, 8:32 am
Impressive session Bro.

Sir J, thanks for stopping by bro....its not to often I train arms fresh and on their own day so I have to make the best of these oppurtunites and try to get them bigger

Simple&Effective arm workout,and beastly weights to top it off!

Any idea the measurements on them pythons?

The KISS method at its fullest there in that session, works wonders for any bodypart all you need is hard work and time. I have no idea what any of my measurements are, never got into that kinda stuff. Not to worried how they look, as long as they have functional strength and can help me move heavy weight all is well

Pizzalamp
06-10-08, 8:34 am
Ams....6/09/08 at 800 PM

Trained with Juggernaut

One Arm Preacher Curl - 30x15, 40x12, 50x7, 30x15
Barbell Curl - 65x15, 95x12, 135x7, 155x2+1
Hammer Curl - 50x8, 60x6, 80x3 (like a full body curl, worked the negative)

Pushdowns - 4sets, stackx11 on last set
Dips - 4sets of 8-6

20 min. cardio afterwards

Well back in action today with an arms session, after looking at past logs the more I train arms the more consistant my weights are. Juggernaut was back to his old tricks and G was in there pounding away at shoulders looking jacked beyond belief. I think these arm days might start to make their way into the rotation, as much as I hate training them they have to get done.

Legs tomorrow....wooooo
impressive 1 arm preachers

keep on rocking in the free world

IRBS
06-10-08, 8:56 am
Nice gun session big man!

Malloy1344
06-10-08, 8:58 am
training smart is just as important as training hard. Good job working around the injury and getting the work done.

Big Wides
06-10-08, 9:30 am
impressive 1 arm preachers

keep on rocking in the free world

thanks Pizza, on the higher rep sets got a nice stretch in the bicep and felt them when moved to barbell curls.....everything felt like a ton....a little Neil Young is always a nice

Nice gun session big man!

thanks bro, going the the idea of bigger arms = bigger lifts. lets see how this works out

training smart is just as important as training hard. Good job working around the injury and getting the work done.

thanks Jim, too often many people out there and I am guilty of this, dont train smart. Well I've learned from the results that hard headed thinking got me and decided to train smart, so far so good

Big Wides
06-10-08, 10:06 pm
Legs.....6/10/08 at 815PM

Trained with Juggernaut

Squats - barx12, 135x10, 225x8, 315x8, 405x5, 495x2, 525x1, 525x0
Leg Ext. - 4sets 15-11, stackx11 on last set

Calf Raises - 7x20-15

Good session, the first set of 525 was a soild set and the second one wasnt, went down and didnt come back up. Still though all things considered was a soild squat session. Juggernaut was there hammering away on his sets like nothing was on his back....down and up and deep. Waddled over to leg extensions on a different type of machine, different movement was different but good. First heavy session in the books, time to rest the legs let them do their thing and looking for bigger things next leg session

dominate77
06-10-08, 11:00 pm
god damn thats some heavy ass weight wides! can't even imagine that on my back

Big Wides
06-11-08, 8:23 am
god damn thats some heavy ass weight wides! can't even imagine that on my back

thanks bro, gotta keep moving forward with the weights and challenging myself each time out espically with strong young dudes like yourself and many others here.....it not only drives what I do but knowing that if I stand still for a second someone else will take my spot

mcbeast
06-11-08, 11:04 am
525,damn wides.

Big Wides
06-11-08, 11:14 am
525,damn wides.

yes those were my thoughts as well....wanted to see how far I could go above 500 since it had been a long time since I squatted heavy. The mental mindfuck is gone now, I know I still got it in me.....time to test the waters

Malloy1344
06-11-08, 11:20 am
Test those waters big man. Looking really strong. 550+ squat will be in the books in no time.

Pizzalamp
06-11-08, 11:20 am
great job gigantic wides

Big Wides
06-11-08, 11:53 am
Test those waters big man. Looking really strong. 550+ squat will be in the books in no time.

thanks Jim, the test is coming, but the big thing I am going for is to try and stay consistant with the squatting and aim to keep it at a soild weight then move up a little each time making my baseline higher than the last

great job gigantic wides

thanks Pizza, gigantic....nah not me I'm just a normal guy who enjoys lifting weights and has fun doing it. Just trying to make each session better than the last

Hoomgar
06-11-08, 12:00 pm
Some serious squatting there bro. Then full stack on the Leg Ex. Nice.

You still eating big, controlled, what? What is the diet/weight plan at this point?

Hg

Toni69
06-11-08, 12:07 pm
Legs.....6/10/08 at 815PM

Trained with Juggernaut

Squats - barx12, 135x10, 225x8, 315x8, 405x5, 495x2, 525x1, 525x0
Leg Ext. - 4sets 15-11, stackx11 on last set

Calf Raises - 7x20-15

Good session, the first set of 525 was a soild set and the second one wasnt, went down and didnt come back up. Still though all things considered was a soild squat session. Juggernaut was there hammering away on his sets like nothing was on his back....down and up and deep. Waddled over to leg extensions on a different type of machine, different movement was different but good. First heavy session in the books, time to rest the legs let them do their thing and looking for bigger things next leg session

he says good session..LOL..oh so modest this guy is huh? Modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions...def you Wides.

Serious squats with leg ext...I dont know if Im brave enough yet to break it down to 2 major leg movements yet..Im not at that level..need more work. You always light a damn fire under my ass though. Good stuff Big man...I mean Wides..LOL

Big Wides
06-11-08, 12:11 pm
Some serious squatting there bro. Then full stack on the Leg Ex. Nice.

You still eating big, controlled, what? What is the diet/weight plan at this point?

Hg

Thanks Hg, the leg extensions were a nice touch at the end to fry the legs.

Here is a glimpse at my current diet:

630 - Bowel of Ceral, 1 glass Milk (the good kind), Pak
900 - 6oz of Meat, Carb source (brown rice, taters, bread, wrap), 4oz greens, Omega
1200 - 8oz of Meat, 6oz carbs, 1cup greens
300 - 6oz of Meat
600 - 8oz of Meat, 3oz of carbs, 8-12oz of greens, Omega
Preworkout - Stak, Pump (sometimes a serving of Torrent)
Postworkout - Torrent
Pre Bed - 6-8 eggs, carb source, 12oz of greens
1.5-2 gallons of water a day

Going to let this go until I either plateau or get tired of eating this way. I dont know what the macros are, I have no patience to figure that shit out or what my weight its, might weigh myself sunday or soemthing like that

JUGGERNAUT
06-11-08, 12:20 pm
That was fun and those safety bars came in handy on your second set of 525. As your spotter the only call is to get the bar off your back or make sure you don't go too low and mess up your knees. I felt bad I was short with the guy that walked up to us and asked if he was needed but come on bro, the bar was already on your back and your head was into it! "ummm let me tap him on the shoulder with 525 on his back and while you are at Wides, turn around with the bar to look the guy in the eye to say "thank you very much but I'm kind busy right now" haha

T. Kemble
06-11-08, 12:41 pm

900 - 6oz of Meat, Carb source (brown rice, taters, bread, wrap), 4oz greens, Omega
300 - 6oz of Meat
Postworkout - Torrent

Going to let this go until I either plateau or get tired of eating this way. I dont know what the macros are, I have no patience to figure that shit out or what my weight its, might weigh myself sunday or soemthing like that

im waiting for the post.... "wides can you help me with my diet, I'm 114lbs and 6'2 24 years old and i can't gain any lean muscle on a keto diet"

hahahahahaha

looking solid brother, why not add a banana or apple to your breakfast meal for some low GI carbs that will fill you up/increase your energy early in the AM but wont hurt your fat loss?

Big Wides
06-11-08, 12:43 pm
he says good session..LOL..oh so modest this guy is huh? Modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions...def you Wides.

Serious squats with leg ext...I dont know if Im brave enough yet to break it down to 2 major leg movements yet..Im not at that level..need more work. You always light a damn fire under my ass though. Good stuff Big man...I mean Wides..LOL

thanks Toni, and who the hell are you kidding your def at that level to do squats and leg extensions in the same session. Its all about mind over matter, it can be done. Went a little crazy on the reps on squats, I will admit that. I've always been humble/modest with a lot of things I do....makes life simpler that way

Big Wides
06-11-08, 12:48 pm
That was fun and those safety bars came in handy on your second set of 525. As your spotter the only call is to get the bar off your back or make sure you don't go too low and mess up your knees. I felt bad I was short with the guy that walked up to us and asked if he was needed but come on bro, the bar was already on your back and your head was into it! "ummm let me tap him on the shoulder with 525 on his back and while you are at Wides, turn around with the bar to look the guy in the eye to say "thank you very much but I'm kind busy right now" haha

Def was a fun session....you warming up in typical toughguy mutant fashion. those safety bars are a nice addition to the squat rack....very good idea. Yeah I dont see me turning around with that weight on my back, thats one hell of an oblique twist. It was nice though that he came over and offered to help, don't see that kind of eddiqute at Globo, usually people just stare you down with dirty looks

Malloy1344
06-11-08, 12:50 pm
Lots of food wides. I'm missing it......Once I get back on the bulk train, its gonna be lovely......

I also noticed that they caught you on film a few times during one of the Jersey ABCs, Strong bro!!

Big Wides
06-11-08, 12:53 pm
im waiting for the post.... "wides can you help me with my diet, I'm 114lbs and 6'2 24 years old and i can't gain any lean muscle on a keto diet"

hahahahahaha

looking solid brother, why not add a banana or apple to your breakfast meal for some low GI carbs that will fill you up/increase your energy early in the AM but wont hurt your fat loss?

Thats a good question, and the reason why I dont eat fruit is that I can't. As a kid I used to eat that however I would break out in hives on the roof of my mouth....wasnt worth the aggervation. I am looking into alternatives or the possiblity of making breakfast the night before, like potato/egg omlet or something of that nature

Big Wides
06-11-08, 1:42 pm
Lots of food wides. I'm missing it......Once I get back on the bulk train, its gonna be lovely......

I also noticed that they caught you on film a few times during one of the Jersey ABCs, Strong bro!!

Thats acutally toned down a lot from how I was eating before, more balanced now than anything. The green stuff helps a lot and gives me soild energy. before I would eat like 8oz of Meat where its 6 now. And for my meals now that are 8oz it used to be 12-16oz. Carbs were through the roof as well as some of the garabage shit I ate. Yes its pretty hard to hide from film when your either carry something or have a large amount of weight over your neck.....thanks Jim

Hoomgar
06-11-08, 2:26 pm

300 - 6oz of Meat
Postworkout - Torrent

Spot on bro. That is almost exactly how I do it. The plan I mean, not the actual diet. My diet varies greatly from yours but i do it day to day and make adjustments based on the results I am seeing. I don't count macros. "Not that there is anything wrong with that"

I'm sure your macs are high though. That's deff a bulking diet if I even saw one!

Heavy weights and heavy food plates makes you Wides!

Big Wides
06-11-08, 4:13 pm
Spot on bro. That is almost exactly how I do it. The plan I mean, not the actual diet. My diet varies greatly from yours but i do it day to day and make adjustments based on the results I am seeing. I don't count macros. "Not that there is anything wrong with that"

I'm sure your macs are high though. That's deff a bulking diet if I even saw one!

Heavy weights and heavy food plates makes you Wides!

I adjust to as well, were I see fit and the post workout meal is very dependant on the training. My recovery is a tad longer on this current feeding schedule but I will make due and adjust. I think I might one day try and find something that figures all that macro stuff out and see what I get....just for shits and giggles

Big Wides
06-11-08, 7:25 pm
Cardio/Ab Fun Day....6/11/08

Pulldown Abs - 5x25 increasing weight each set
Hanging Leg Raise - 3x12
Decline Situps - 3x12
Landmines (reps are per side) - barx12, 1piex8, 1piex8, 2piesx6

40 minutes of cardio.....

mcbeast
06-11-08, 7:42 pm
"ab fun day"

haha

mcbeast
06-11-08, 8:14 pm
D-77 and i are contemplating whose going to get 705 first..Wides vs Excessive
You already have a 60 pounds up on me..

705 in 2 years sound predictable for you wides?

dominate77
06-11-08, 8:54 pm
hell yeah he's going to be moving that shit in 2 years.

Pizzalamp
06-11-08, 8:58 pm

Hanging Leg Raise - 3x12
Decline Situps - 3x12

good job

Big Wides
06-11-08, 9:35 pm
D-77 and i are contemplating whose going to get 705 first..Wides vs Excessive
You already have a 60 pounds up on me..

705 in 2 years sound predictable for you wides?

hell yeah he's going to be moving that shit in 2 years.

thanks fellas for the support and having such faith in my training. Anything is possible with consistant work and drive to get to whatever your goals are. Do I know where I'll be in 2 years training wise or in life in general....no I do not but that is what makes this all so much fun. The uncertaintly that surrounds everything we do. All I can say is that to make the best out of each oppurtunity, stick to your guns, be consistant in what you do inside and outside the gym, and everything will fall into place. It just takes time and patience to get there, there will be obstacles to overcome....thats guarenteed but how you overcome them is what will make you.

good job

thanks Pizza, gotta get them abs stronger and the cardio is helping with the overall training stamina...which is good

eblnyc
06-11-08, 9:56 pm
looks like your getting serious down there about abs..strong abs are good extra wides...

Big Wides
06-12-08, 8:43 am
looks like your getting serious down there about abs..strong abs are good extra wides...

yeah just trying to bring up one of my many weak spots that I have in hopes that it will make my lifts stronger....

Malloy1344
06-12-08, 10:10 am

Hanging Leg Raise - 3x12
Decline Situps - 3x12

Gettin work done bro. Not always the most fun, but neccasary. What exactly is a Landmine?

Young&Hungry
06-12-08, 10:27 am
Two 45's on the landmine? Jesus is your core strong.

Hoomgar
06-12-08, 10:33 am
What exactly is a Landmine?

they are also called The Grappler, they are great for building the abs/oblique area. They are not all too good for sculpting purposes but help build overall strength to help support tons of weight

There you go man...

Hg

Big Wides
06-12-08, 10:37 am
Gettin work done bro. Not always the most fun, but neccasary. What exactly is a Landmine?

Everyday in the gym is fun....get to look at all of the wonderful sights there. Its kinda like going to the zoo for the first time....you see shit that you thought you'd never see in your life.

Two 45's on the landmine? Jesus is your core strong.

thanks Y&H, its a great exercise that will hopefully have a nice carryover to all of my lifts. The better I can stablize myself the more I should be able to lift....in theory

Pizzalamp
06-12-08, 11:26 pm
ahhh so thats a landmine...damn looks hard...youre doing some good weight on it wides

Big Wides
06-13-08, 8:25 am
ahhh so thats a landmine...damn looks hard...youre doing some good weight on it wides

Yup, I beleive your supposed to go high rep with them, however I feel the need to build up my abs first with heavy weights then worry about definition 5-10 years down the road

Big Wides
06-13-08, 8:48 am
Back....6/12/08 at 8 PM in Tough Guy Land

"Wait so you two have been deadlifting for two hours?"

Trained with Juggernaut

Stak, Pump, 7 Beta Ala9 Preworkout

Deadlifts - barx10, 135x8, 225x8, 315x6, 405x2, 455x2, 495x1, 525x0, 475x2, 405x6, 405x2, 405x2, 405x2, 405x0 (sumo), 405x9
Hamtractor - 4 sets, stackx10 on last set

Good quality session, my form was way off on the 525 set, bar got to far out in front of me wasnt tight at all, real fucking sloppy, so decided to relearn how to deadlift again, which is a good thing. Form was clicking on the 405 sets so all is good. Finished off the night with some hamstring work. After a long layoff the Mutant was up to his old tricks and pulling in every stance imanagble with ease.

Story time.....as we were getting into the end of our session some dude, we shall call him Tommy Toughnuts decides to deadlift on his own little piece of real estate in the middle of the gym. Mr. Toughnuts is pretty decent shape for a person who has never seen a dinner plate. He starts pulling and is progessing in his sets, as are we. So this occurs around the time I decide to pull sumo for shits and giggles, didnt move it. Juggernauts turn to pull, so as he's pulling I am watching his form and looking around the gym, well Mr. Toughnuts gets done pulling 405 in a disc popping fashion, gets done looks over at the two of us and shouts "Get off me." We both paid no attention to it, no response was given to him, however a young gentleman who called both of us nuts for pulling for 2 hours told us about it. We started to laugh at what Toughnuts said, since he looked like a nice post workout meal.

IRBS
06-13-08, 8:53 am

Trained with Juggernaut

Deadlifts - barx10, 135x8, 225x8, 315x6, 405x2, 455x2, 495x1, 525x0, 475x2, 405x6, 405x2, 405x2, 405x2, 405x0 (sumo), 405x9

Good quality session, my form was way off on the 525 set, bar got to far out in front of me wasnt tight at all, real fucking sloppy, so decided to relearn how to deadlift again, which is a good thing. Form was clicking on the 405 sets so all is good. Finished off the night with some hamstring work. After a long layoff the Mutant was up to his old tricks and pulling in every stance imanagble with ease.

Story time.....as we were getting into the end of our session some dude, we shall call him Tommy Toughnuts decides to deadlift on his own little piece of real estate in the middle of the gym. Mr. Toughnuts is pretty decent shape for a person who has never seen a dinner plate. He starts pulling and is progessing in his sets, as are we. So this occurs around the time I decide to pull sumo for shits and giggles, didnt move it. Juggernauts turn to pull, so as he's pulling I am watching his form and looking around the gym, well Mr. Toughnuts gets done pulling 405 in a disc popping fashion, gets done looks over at the two of us and shouts "Get off me." We both paid no attention to it, no response was given to him, however a young gentleman who called both of us nuts for pulling for 2 hours told us about it. We started to laugh at what Toughnuts said, since he looked like a nice post workout meal.

Nice session Wides! This line cracked me up:

"Mr. Toughnuts is pretty decent shape for a person who has never seen a dinner plate."

Big Wides
06-13-08, 9:24 am
Nice session Wides! This line cracked me up:

"Mr. Toughnuts is pretty decent shape for a person who has never seen a dinner plate."

thanks IRBS, yeah there is nothing more I hate than idoits like that, I was waiting for him to start pissing on shit marking his terriotory. I prefer to be quite and just lift the weight

G Diesel
06-13-08, 9:31 am

Haha... Yeah that sounds about right.

So who was this young street tough so full of piss and vinegar? Idenitify him so I can mock him and stare at him with an unfriendly gaze.

Peace, G

naturalguy
06-13-08, 9:44 am
I think every gym has a "Tommy Toughnuts"

Gotta love it that he got no reaction out of you so he looks like a real nut yelling to himself

Big Wides
06-13-08, 10:04 am
Haha... Yeah that sounds about right.

So who was this young street tough so full of piss and vinegar? Idenitify him so I can mock him and stare at him with an unfriendly gaze.

Peace, G

I have seen this young lad in my Sat. morning sessions sometimes.....he has a shaved head, wears either black hightops or fake black boots, black shorts and is always in a muscle tee in black. Midway through his sessions the shoes come off and he starts dancing around trying to pump himself up.

I think every gym has a "Tommy Toughnuts"

Gotta love it that he got no reaction out of you so he looks like a real nut yelling to himself

Def wasnt going to get a reaction, if thats what it takes for people to notice how you train then thats sad. Let the weights talk, not you.

JUGGERNAUT
06-13-08, 10:07 am

Trained with Juggernaut

I like when the supportive young guy said to me, "if somebody yelled to me like that, I would have kicked his ass" My reply was just... eh it makes me laugh and I'll just put more into the lifts..that and yelling at me across the room does little to impress. (Unless he started flinging 21/2's at me like throwing stars) Besides, Mr. tough nuts walks in long after wehad done our heavier sets ;-)

Malloy1344
06-13-08, 10:37 am

Trained with Juggernaut

Solid pulling session bro. Good job tightening the form up and ripping the weight.

Tommy Toughnuts belongs to my Globo Gym as well.....he must be making his rounds. Impressive way to keep your cool and just laugh.

Big Wides
06-13-08, 11:06 am
I like when the supportive young guy said to me, "if somebody yelled to me like that, I would have kicked his ass" My reply was just... eh it makes me laugh and I'll just put more into the lifts..that and yelling at me across the room does little to impress. (Unless he started flinging 21/2's at me like throwing stars) Besides, Mr. tough nuts walks in long after wehad done our heavier sets ;-)

That young guy is good people in my book. Yeah your reply to him dont think sunk in at all....I dont think he had the balls or the power to throw the 2.5s like ninja stars....would like to have him train with us one deadlift day.....

Solid pulling session bro. Good job tightening the form up and ripping the weight.

Tommy Toughnuts belongs to my Globo Gym as well.....he must be making his rounds. Impressive way to keep your cool and just laugh.

thanks Jim, sometimes you dont have the big days in you so I try to focus on tech. during those days to help me in the long run

xxhammerxx
06-13-08, 11:55 am
Thanks a lot Wides, I was just looking for some info because I really wasn't given a set plan to work on this summer he knows his stuff but usually he doesn't relay info that well so I have to find the info for my self. In the past I have done a PL/OLY split and Ill look at doing that from here on out. I just get messed up when it comes to dividing the lifts into each day. Ill probably shoot another PM next week or something. Thanks again

Big Wides
06-13-08, 12:27 pm
Thanks a lot Wides, I was just looking for some info because I really wasn't given a set plan to work on this summer he knows his stuff but usually he doesn't relay info that well so I have to find the info for my self. In the past I have done a PL/OLY split and Ill look at doing that from here on out. I just get messed up when it comes to dividing the lifts into each day. Ill probably shoot another PM next week or something. Thanks again

Your welcome. I hear you about dividing the lifts into the days and what goes with which lift....feel free to hit me up anytime

Hoomgar
06-13-08, 2:12 pm
I have seen this young lad in my Sat. morning sessions sometimes.....he has a shaved head, wears either black hightops or fake black boots, black shorts and is always in a muscle tee in black. Midway through his sessions the shoes come off and he starts dancing around trying to pump himself up.

Def wasnt going to get a reaction, if thats what it takes for people to notice how you train then thats sad. Let the weights talk, not you.

LOL! It's all ego your talkin about there anyway bro. You know, the stuff he is supposed to check at the door and not carry into the gym with him? pffft! lol great story, thanks for the drama, I love it :)

Big Wides
06-13-08, 2:52 pm
LOL! It's all ego your talkin about there anyway bro. You know, the stuff he is supposed to check at the door and not carry into the gym with him? pffft! lol great story, thanks for the drama, I love it :)

figured all would enjoy the laugh

Toni69
06-13-08, 3:25 pm
Gonna go off on a bit of a tangent here...but today doin squats right..I figured I would play with foot positions a bit. Normally I always went with a wider stance, like a PL'r stance. Today, I figured something out. I have moved from power squat to smitty squats (hopefully soon to move over to BB squats), and I realize smitty squats your hip/foot placement can be an issue. It is very different as opposed to your body placement with normal BB squats.

Ok...well, a wide stance actually tweaks my back a bit. I played around today before I did the real squatting just to see what felt better to me and when I went with a narrower stance, my back was fine. I thought that was weird cause I used to do wide stance all the time. Im actually able to go deeper with a more narrow stance and it doesnt bother my back.

So...thoughts as far as foot placement and quad development? I always thought a wider stance was better for overall density and keeping a better body balance too.

ok, your go...;)

Sir J-Werk
06-13-08, 3:30 pm
I love it! Deadlift your nuts off! LOL, pun intended of course in recognition of your friend you made at the gym today.... nice.

Big Wides
06-13-08, 3:45 pm
Gonna go off on a bit of a tangent here...but today doin squats right..I figured I would play with foot positions a bit. Normally I always went with a wider stance, like a PL'r stance. Today, I figured something out. I have moved from power squat to smitty squats (hopefully soon to move over to BB squats), and I realize smitty squats your hip/foot placement can be an issue. It is very different as opposed to your body placement with normal BB squats.

Ok...well, a wide stance actually tweaks my back a bit. I played around today before I did the real squatting just to see what felt better to me and when I went with a narrower stance, my back was fine. I thought that was weird cause I used to do wide stance all the time. Im actually able to go deeper with a more narrow stance and it doesnt bother my back.

So...thoughts as far as foot placement and quad development? I always thought a wider stance was better for overall density and keeping a better body balance too.

ok, your go...;)

Here's what I am goin to say about the whole foot placement thing....to me its always been something that each indvidual chooses to fit their body type and how they squat. If the closer stance is working for no back pain go for it. A wider stance does give you a little more balance since your anchor area covers more (think of a bridge). But there are many benefits to a closer stance, I think it hits the middle of the thigh nicely and takes a lot of pressure off the hamstrings (wide stance uses more hammies) making it an almost pure quad squat. I have seen some real big quads from dudes who took a close stance....so give it a shot, it should be fun

Big Wides
06-13-08, 3:46 pm
I love it! Deadlift your nuts off! LOL, pun intended of course in recognition of your friend you made at the gym today.... nice.

haha, you know it....thanks for stopping by

Pizzalamp
06-13-08, 10:48 pm
what a pumpkinhead that dude was

eblnyc
06-14-08, 6:07 pm
sick training day wides..sweet another d bag to add to the vanity brigade..the list just gets bigger and bigger just like their heads...

Big Wides
06-15-08, 10:17 pm
what a pumpkinhead that dude was

sick training day wides..sweet another d bag to add to the vanity brigade..the list just gets bigger and bigger just like their heads...

yes the vanity brigade as eblnyc puts it are very special people, makes everyone wonder what the hell is going on inside there heads.

Trained Chest/Shoulders late Friday Night, not a lot of weight being thrown around but utilized drop sets and supersets to get a soild session in. Did sets of 315 on bench for high reps. Hit up the normal Father's Day shark fishing trip on Saturday, its an annual family trip that we have been making for as long as I can remember. Didnt catch anything but we had nice weather and good times were had by all.....Back at it come Monday

Pizzalamp
06-15-08, 10:30 pm
sounds like a good day

Big Wides
06-17-08, 8:36 am
Arms...6/16/08 at 8:11.32 PM

Trained with Juggernaut

DB Curls superset with Hammer Curls - 4 sets, 60sx3 on last set
HS One Arm Curl - 4sets 12-8, 20 rep burnout on last set
Cable Curls - 2 sets of 21s

Skulls - barx15, 65x10, 85x10, 105x5, 135x5
Seated Dip Machine - 4sets 15-10, stackx10 on last set

20 minutes cardio afterwards

Nice session, skulls were done on a normal barbell so it was pretty fun to use that weight. Liking this 5 day split....going to run it for about another 3-4 weeks then come up with something new and exciting

Hoomgar
06-17-08, 1:09 pm
Trained Chest/Shoulders late Friday Night, not a lot of weight being thrown around but utilized drop sets and supersets to get a soild session in. Did sets of 315 on bench for high reps. Hit up the normal Father's Day shark fishing trip on Saturday, its an annual family trip that we have been making for as long as I can remember. Didnt catch anything but we had nice weather and good times were had by all.....Back at it come Monday

Arms...6/16/08 at 8:11.32 PM

Trained with Juggernaut

DB Curls superset with Hammer Curls - 4 sets, 60sx3 on last set
HS One Arm Curl - 4sets 12-8, 20 rep burnout on last set
Cable Curls - 2 sets of 21s

Skulls - barx15, 65x10, 85x10, 105x5, 135x5
Seated Dip Machine - 4sets 15-10, stackx10 on last set

20 minutes cardio afterwards

Nice session, skulls were done on a normal barbell so it was pretty fun to use that weight. Liking this 5 day split....going to run it for about another 3-4 weeks then come up with something new and exciting

Gettin work done bro. That Shark fishing trip sounded like fun.

Big Wides
06-17-08, 1:34 pm
Gettin work done bro. That Shark fishing trip sounded like fun.

Thanks Hg, it was a real surprising session, didnt think I had that kind of strength in me. That trip was a blast, always is

Big Wides
06-17-08, 10:07 pm
Legs....6/17/08 around 8pm

Trained with Juggernaut

2 scoops Torrent plus 1 Pop-Tart Preworkout

Squats - barx10, 135x8, 225x8, 315x5, 405x4, 495x1 (shitful form), 495x1, 515x1 (shitful form), 515x1, 405x5
Leg Ext. - 5sets, stackx10 on last heavy set, half the stackx20 on last set

Leg Press Calf Raise - 6setsx20-15

3 scoops Torrent plus 1 Pop-Tart Postworkout

Well Mr. Peter Patella made an apperance tonight while doing the leg extensions. Pay attention to Youtube, there will be a documentry on it. Onto the squats, the first set of 495 leaned to far forward so had to GM/Squat it up. Went after 495 again, nailed it spot on. Same bullshit with the 515, so did the same thing, basically I am relearning how to squat, with good weight, real smart. Juggernaut nailed the sumo squat and was repping out heavy weight with Mutant form. Good session, learned a lot from this and will put it to use. Off tomorrow, then back on Thursday.

Pizzalamp
06-17-08, 11:40 pm
love the pop tart...good session...careful w/ pete patella...i know him well...too damn well

Big Wides
06-18-08, 8:39 am
love the pop tart...good session...careful w/ pete patella...i know him well...too damn well

thanks Pizza, yeah the pop tarts were good. Pete Patella is a bastard in my book, we never got along and whenever we did he would always decide to move to the other side of my leg.

Hoomgar
06-18-08, 9:44 am
Pop Tarts, they are not just for breakfast anymore! LOL!

You hurt yourself bro? What's this Peter Patella stuff?

Big Wides
06-18-08, 10:16 am
Pop Tarts, they are not just for breakfast anymore! LOL!

You hurt yourself bro? What's this Peter Patella stuff?

No, did not hurt myself it was something Juggernaut and I came up with after doing the stack set on leg ext when i dropped it down. Something about seeing how far our patellas could shoot out of our skin or something of that nature.....chalk that up to being Squat Drunk

Hoomgar
06-18-08, 11:36 am
No, did not hurt myself it was something Juggernaut and I came up with after doing the stack set on leg ext when i dropped it down. Something about seeing how far our patellas could shoot out of our skin or something of that nature.....chalk that up to being Squat Drunk

LOL ok I got ya. Was trying to decipher that one....

boar
06-18-08, 12:59 pm
Legs....6/17/08 around 8pm

Trained with Juggernaut

2 scoops Torrent plus 1 Pop-Tart Preworkout

Squats - barx10, 135x8, 225x8, 315x5, 405x4, 495x1 (shitful form), 495x1, 515x1 (shitful form), 515x1, 405x5
Leg Ext. - 5sets, stackx10 on last heavy set, half the stackx20 on last set

Leg Press Calf Raise - 6setsx20-15

3 scoops Torrent plus 1 Pop-Tart Postworkout

Well Mr. Peter Patella made an apperance tonight while doing the leg extensions. Pay attention to Youtube, there will be a documentry on it. Onto the squats, the first set of 495 leaned to far forward so had to GM/Squat it up. Went after 495 again, nailed it spot on. Same bullshit with the 515, so did the same thing, basically I am relearning how to squat, with good weight, real smart. Juggernaut nailed the sumo squat and was repping out heavy weight with Mutant form. Good session, learned a lot from this and will put it to use. Off tomorrow, then back on Thursday.

Wides, I love your leg days. as usually the volume of squats that you do makes me nausious. don't know how you rep out 405 after hitting a ME squat. keep busting your ass with juggernaut and rep animal well.

Big Wides
06-18-08, 2:12 pm
Wides, I love your leg days. as usually the volume of squats that you do makes me nausious. don't know how you rep out 405 after hitting a ME squat. keep busting your ass with juggernaut and rep animal well.

thanks boar, I'm just trying to keep up with those other freaks out there to maybe one day I will become one. that 405 last set was slow but the form was spot on, which was a good thing. We'll keep it up down here, as I know you will up in CT

Enforcer
06-18-08, 2:27 pm
Everytime I pop my head in this thread there are big weights being thrown around. Good shit Wides keep up the good work.

Big Wides
06-18-08, 3:46 pm
Everytime I pop my head in this thread there are big weights being thrown around. Good shit Wides keep up the good work.

thanks for the kind words....I'm just trying to keep up with you and what your doing over in Jersey

Big Wides
06-19-08, 9:58 pm
Back.....6/19/08 at 800 pm

Trained with Juggernaut

Deads - barx8, 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 405x1, 495x1, 525x1 (had to stop here explain later)
Rack Deads - 405x2, 495x1, 585x1, 635x0, 585x0, 405x1

Well we were approached twice during this session by the same moron. Once when we first got there and a second time around the 405 set. He was asking how much longer we had in the rack, since he wanted to squat, mind you there were two other racks that werent in use. We simply replied "I dunno how much longer we will be, but I dont think those racks are being used." Apparently wrong answer, our new friend walked away with his head down mumbling "All I wanted to do was squat."

So being the gentleman that we are, finished up short of what we normally do from the floor so he could have the rack. Which is why we did partials instead, its not a full back day unless you've done enough sets of deads till you cant see straight. Heres the kicker, the fucker never showed up at the rack to use it. No worries there got some quality work in on the partials......so far 2 weeks and 2 new friends at Globo, we must be popular

Pizzalamp
06-19-08, 10:01 pm
good workout...what a weirdo that dude was haha

Big Wides
06-19-08, 10:39 pm
good workout...what a weirdo that dude was haha

thanks Pizza, you have no idea how those actions just blew my mind....some people these days. but we still made out damn good during the rest of it, so that is a plus

Maccabee
06-19-08, 10:41 pm
I know you wanted to be respectful and all Wides...but forget that guy dont let him change your routine. He didnt even show up afterwards...so disrespectful.

McFly
06-20-08, 7:50 am
ahhhh POP TARTS ...... my secret off season weapon....3 packs a day is my normal protocol!!!!

Big Wides
06-20-08, 9:10 am
I know you wanted to be respectful and all Wides...but forget that guy dont let him change your routine. He didnt even show up afterwards...so disrespectful.

I hear you on that but it gave us something to laugh about while doing rack pulls, nothing shocks me anymore at that place.

ahhhh POP TARTS ...... my secret off season weapon....3 packs a day is my normal protocol!!!!

alright its got the McFly Seal of Approval.....I forgot how good they tasted but damn they are tasty and wash it down with some Torrent, thats good living right there

Malloy1344
06-20-08, 9:21 am
Great couple session heres Wides. Very impressive work going on. Unbelieveable about that guy who interuppted you during your sets. Never ceases to amazed me how rude and ignorant people are. I respect you for being a gentleman about it, don't know if I woulda been as calm, LOL.

IRBS
06-20-08, 10:06 am
Back.....6/19/08 at 800 pm

Trained with Juggernaut

Deads - barx8, 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 405x1, 495x1, 525x1 (had to stop here explain later)
Rack Deads - 405x2, 495x1, 585x1, 635x0, 585x0, 405x1

Well we were approached twice during this session by the same moron. Once when we first got there and a second time around the 405 set. He was asking how much longer we had in the rack, since he wanted to squat, mind you there were two other racks that werent in use. We simply replied "I dunno how much longer we will be, but I dont think those racks are being used." Apparently wrong answer, our new friend walked away with his head down mumbling "All I wanted to do was squat."

So being the gentleman that we are, finished up short of what we normally do from the floor so he could have the rack. Which is why we did partials instead, its not a full back day unless you've done enough sets of deads till you cant see straight. Heres the kicker, the fucker never showed up at the rack to use it. No worries there got some quality work in on the partials......so far 2 weeks and 2 new friends at Globo, we must be popular

Nice work Wides....my reply to these morons is, "a while..." because it's true. If I am in the rack, I will probably be there most of my session, and especially since there were other racks available...I would make a mental note of the guy and next time he asks, tell him you will be there all night and part of tommorrow, but if he wants to get on "the list" he will have to talk to the bouncer...I mean, you should be willing to give up the rack for 1/4 squats with 135...what an idiot...

Big Wides
06-20-08, 10:33 am
Great couple session heres Wides. Very impressive work going on. Unbelieveable about that guy who interuppted you during your sets. Never ceases to amazed me how rude and ignorant people are. I respect you for being a gentleman about it, don't know if I woulda been as calm, LOL.

Thanks Jim, gotta move the big weight to get big. I try to be a gentleman all around no matter where I am, it kills people when your nice to them when they walk around with a chip on their shoulders or a stick up their ass.....however I can be a real prick when needed, i dont like to be but sometimes you have to

Nice work Wides....my reply to these morons is, "a while..." because it's true. If I am in the rack, I will probably be there most of my session, and especially since there were other racks available...I would make a mental note of the guy and next time he asks, tell him you will be there all night and part of tommorrow, but if he wants to get on "the list" he will have to talk to the bouncer...I mean, you should be willing to give up the rack for 1/4 squats with 135...what an idiot...

thanks IRBS, he didnt take the hint to use the other racks, dont know what is so speical about the only Power Rack in the whole place. I tend to squat in the racks that were pointed out to him. I've noted who he is, so next time it wont be as pleasant as was mentioned

Hoomgar
06-20-08, 10:38 am
First off great back workout BW. Now what is up with that dood? He has a woodie for you guys now I guess? Is the rack you guys were in any better than the other ones somehow? So you did your rack pulls in another rack then just to accomedate this moron? Your more of a man than me bro. Hats off to ya...

I'm too confrontational, I'd simply ask him straight out at this point "dood, whats up with you?" I have a low threshold for BS. I don't give a rats ass who it is or how big they are. It isn't about being tough, it's about being human and having some dang respect. Why do the weirdos flock to the gyms?

Big Wides
06-20-08, 11:30 am
First off great back workout BW. Now what is up with that dood? He has a woodie for you guys now I guess? Is the rack you guys were in any better than the other ones somehow? So you did your rack pulls in another rack then just to accomedate this moron? Your more of a man than me bro. Hats off to ya...

I'm too confrontational, I'd simply ask him straight out at this point "dood, whats up with you?" I have a low threshold for BS. I don't give a rats ass who it is or how big they are. It isn't about being tough, it's about being human and having some dang respect. Why do the weirdos flock to the gyms?

Thanks Hg, no clue what was up with him guess he really loves that rack. This is a new dude, not the same as last week, but our paths will cross yet again. I think these werdios flock to the gym due to the fact the insane asslyum is all booked up so they decide to sell crazy elsewhere

Hoomgar
06-20-08, 11:48 am
Thanks Hg, no clue what was up with him guess he really loves that rack. This is a new dude, not the same as last week, but our paths will cross yet again. I think these werdios flock to the gym due to the fact the insane asslyum is all booked up so they decide to sell crazy elsewhere

LOL! Man we don't want loonies getting big and strong. Better make sure you hog that rack from now on then.

Big Wides
06-20-08, 8:46 pm
Chest.....06/20/08 at 545 in the Idoit Factory

Incline Flies - 35x15, 65x12, 90x8
Incline Bench - 135x10, 225x10, 275x4, 315x1
HS Bench - 1ppsx12, 2ppsx10, 3ppsx10, 4ppsx3 then 3ppsx12drop2ppsx15, 1ppsx20
Cable Flies - 3x15

Good session, like the pre-exhaust got the blood flowing nicely into the pecs and warmed up the shoulder nicely. Wanted to get 3 pies on incline to end the day heavy.

eblnyc
06-20-08, 9:03 pm
great work going on here wides..hard and heavy just the way i like it..

Angst
06-20-08, 9:43 pm
Still got 3 pies on the incline after the flyes, that's damn strong, great work as always bro

Pizzalamp
06-20-08, 11:53 pm

Cable Flies - 3x15

Good session, like the pre-exhaust got the blood flowing nicely into the pecs and warmed up the shoulder nicely. Wanted to get 3 pies on incline to end the day heavy.

hell yeah...nice man...love the heavy flies

idiot factroy...boy i hear ya on that one....my globo has gotten worse...trash everywhere...broken incline benches, morons galore

Big Wides
06-21-08, 9:10 am
great work going on here wides..hard and heavy just the way i like it..

thanks eblnyc, gots to get big through the pure enjoyment of moving heavy weights. Its a good thing

Still got 3 pies on the incline after the flyes, that's damn strong, great work as always bro

thanks Angst, I had to at least get that benchmark with that session trying to stay consistant with my training to help me get to where I want to go

hell yeah...nice man...love the heavy flies

idiot factroy...boy i hear ya on that one....my globo has gotten worse...trash everywhere...broken incline benches, morons galore

Was never really into heavy flies until this past year, have seen great improvements in my strength from doing them. Yeah, its getting around that time for Wides to possibly find a new gym, whenever one comes into the area, until then sticking to the plan

dominate77
06-21-08, 9:51 am
my god i'm astounded that you guys can do flyes with that much fuckin weight!
nice job

was the 315 a grinder?

Powerfulkate
06-21-08, 11:13 am
Hey Big Wides - I just found your journal. Sounds like you are hitting it hard and heavy.
I hope you'll be bringing your A-game back to The training Center on September 27!

Toni69
06-21-08, 11:18 am

Cable Flies - 3x15

Nice session..strong as always. I too like the idea of using flys as a pre-exhaust. I have done that in the past and its awesome..didnt affect my bench in a negative way either. good stuff as always...

G Diesel
06-21-08, 11:42 am

Cable Flies - 3x15

Nice chest session to precede the the scenic tour of quaint Trenton... Richest nation in the history of the world, baby. Keep killing it Wides. You and the Jugg are keeping Globo Gym respectable and classy. Peace, G

Big Wides
06-21-08, 12:05 pm
my god i'm astounded that you guys can do flyes with that much fuckin weight!
nice job

was the 315 a grinder?

thanks bro, the 315 came off the chest smooth got a little tough midway up but then the lockout was soild.

Hey Big Wides - I just found your journal. Sounds like you are hitting it hard and heavy.
I hope you'll be bringing your A-game back to The training Center on September 27!

You know I will, looking forward to the 27th.....just trying to get all my ducks in a row before then

Nice session..strong as always. I too like the idea of using flys as a pre-exhaust. I have done that in the past and its awesome..didnt affect my bench in a negative way either. good stuff as always...

I like doing when I know it will be a day were my shoulder will be moody, so it warms it up very nicely. I just take them down to where I get a nice stretch, pause for a slight moment then squeeze them up. The pause is a killer, but works nicely

Nice chest session to precede the the scenic tour of quaint Trenton... Richest nation in the history of the world, baby. Keep killing it Wides. You and the Jugg are keeping Globo Gym respectable and classy. Peace, G

We are just doing our best down at Globo to keep it from going completly to the dogs, hoping one day the methods used will rub off on someone so they too can carry the torch

Big Wides
06-21-08, 12:09 pm
Shoulders, 6/21/08 at 1000 AM.....

Seated Front Mil. - barx12, 135x10, 225x9, 255x1, 285x1 (PR I think for seated)
DB Side Raise - 35x10, 45x8, 55x6, 65x3 drop 20x20
Rev. Pec Deck - 3x10
Seated DB Cleans - 3x10 @ 20lbs
Barbell Shrugs - 6sets 10-5, 585x5 on last set

25 minutes Cardio after weights

Think the 285 seated is a PR, not sure but will call it one for benchmark sakes and a starting point to break. Good session overall, pleased with the weights, but not yet satisfied, dont think I ever will be....thats my mentalilty. Just trying to get bigger thats all. 3 meals down 5 more to go!

Lowdown5
06-21-08, 12:15 pm
Great session Wides, 285x1, incredible.

Big Wides
06-21-08, 3:21 pm
Great session Wides, 285x1, incredible.

Thanks John, its good to see you around these parts. Hope all is well with you and the family

Hoomgar
06-21-08, 4:44 pm

Hey we were doing chest at the same exact time bro! Although your workout has larger numbers in it :) Great work man.

Shoulders, 6/21/08 at 1000 AM.....

Think the 285 seated is a PR, not sure but will call it one for benchmark sakes and a starting point to break. Good session overall, pleased with the weights, but not yet satisfied, dont think I ever will be....thats my mentalilty. Just trying to get bigger thats all. 3 meals down 5 more to go!

And we were working out at the same time this AM too only I was doing legs LOL! eatin big buddy! Your sure to keep growing at this pace BW.

Big Wides
06-21-08, 6:41 pm
Hey we were doing chest at the same exact time bro! Although your workout has larger numbers in it :) Great work man. And we were working out at the same time this AM too only I was doing legs LOL! eatin big buddy! Your sure to keep growing at this pace BW.

thanks Hg, just doing what I can to try and get some growth out of my self. Just gotta keep consistant in and out of the gym. The eating is not that big but more frequent which is working out better for me in the long run. Not that stuffed but getting a more diversifed nutrients into the system.

Hoomgar
06-21-08, 7:00 pm
thanks Hg, just doing what I can to try and get some growth out of my self. Just gotta keep consistant in and out of the gym. The eating is not that big but more frequent which is working out better for me in the long run. Not that stuffed but getting a more diversifed nutrients into the system.

Yea and eating that way fires up the metabolism too really good. And we all know what that does. You still out for next Saturday in the Jerz?

dominate77
06-22-08, 1:34 am
unbelievable wides. 285 military. your a monster bro.

Big Wides
06-22-08, 9:45 am
Yea and eating that way fires up the metabolism too really good. And we all know what that does. You still out for next Saturday in the Jerz?

Yes I am still out for the Dirty Jerz ABC.....got stuff to take care of

unbelievable wides. 285 military. your a monster bro.

thanks bro, I am trying to become a monster still not there yet. I am looking to get 315 on front militaries in the future and the heavy military pressing I am hoping for a nice carryover into my flat bench since my shoulders seem to be the problem area in that lift.

Pizzalamp
06-22-08, 9:26 pm
yeah 285 is nuts on militaries

damn wides

Big Wides
06-22-08, 10:21 pm
yeah 285 is nuts on militaries

damn wides

thanks Pizza for your kind words....looking for big thiings to happen by Labor Day in the gym. So for those about to rock....we salute you

eblnyc
06-23-08, 11:11 am
oh super heavy duty wides u rock...

JUGGERNAUT
06-23-08, 12:08 pm
I can't wait for the day when the managers gang up on us at globo and say something classic like.. "We have to ask you to leave because you train," "We have a 10 minute limit on power cleans, squats, deadlifts and leg presses as per corp." "We also noticed you have not taken any belly dancing classes."

Big Wides
06-23-08, 12:09 pm
oh super heavy duty wides u rock...

thanks eblnyc, just trying to do my best down here....

Big Wides
06-23-08, 12:20 pm
I can't wait for the day when the managers gang up on us at globo and say something classic like.. "We have to ask you to leave because you train," "We have a 10 minute limit on power cleans, squats, deadlifts and leg presses as per corp." "We also noticed you have not taken any belly dancing classes."

Haha, let them gang up on us....think the heaviest one is what 200lbs? Let them come with their greased up hair and air lats, unless they are constantly carring invisible bags of food (then a whole new problem arises, with not sharing). As for the belly dancing class....well that would be a sight

Big Wides
06-23-08, 9:40 pm
Arms....6/23/08 at 8PM

Trained with Juggernaut

Barbell Curls - 45x20, 65x15, 95x11, 135x9, 155x3
HS Plate loaded Preacher Curls - 4sets 10-3, 2pies+25x3 on last set
DB Curls - 45x10, 50x7, 60x3

Skulls (used normal bar) - 45x15, 65x12, 95x10, 135x7, 155x2
Machine Dips - 4sets 15-10, stackx10 on last set

Nice arm day hitting 155 on both the barbell curls and skulls was a soild mark. DB Curls were nice and heavy and the dips were a nice capper. Juggernaut was his usual mutant self banging out 9 reps on the 155 skulls....he is a monster

ChandlerXJ
06-24-08, 8:33 am
Hey, I'm gonna need you to teach me how to eat again in 5 weeks... I'll be back in Philly September 20th, hope we all get together and train and eat in the near future...

but seriously, I need eating lessons... haha

Big Wides
06-24-08, 9:13 am
Hey, I'm gonna need you to teach me how to eat again in 5 weeks... I'll be back in Philly September 20th, hope we all get together and train and eat in the near future...

but seriously, I need eating lessons... haha

Hell yeah I'll help you eat, something I love to do. Def going to have to get together and train...learn something off each other which will benefit everyone. Hopefully by Sept. 20th I'll have some decent size on me so that I can keep up with you

Malloy1344
06-24-08, 10:18 am
285 Militaries and 155 BB curls and Skulls. Damn dude, you have made some serious strength gains in recent times. Great job. I got my work cut out for me when I start bulking again.

Big Wides
06-24-08, 10:28 am
285 Militaries and 155 BB curls and Skulls. Damn dude, you have made some serious strength gains in recent times. Great job. I got my work cut out for me when I start bulking again.

Thanks Jim, I think its the 5 day split that I recently changed over to and the extra arm work I think is helping with the pressing movements. Also, my diet has changed a lot I am eating real clean now and more frequently so by the time I train I try to have either 5 or 6 feedings in me. Going to keep riding this until shit stops, then change it up again

JUGGERNAUT
06-24-08, 4:13 pm
Wides, looking forward to who is going to try to disrupt our leg session tonight. Maybe we could do leg presses on the sled, it would reduce the amount of people asking to work in doing pull ups on it.........yeah, that made NO sense (points at shirt) but that’s GLOBO for you.

Big Wides
06-24-08, 4:27 pm
Wides, looking forward to who is going to try to disrupt our leg session tonight. Maybe we could do leg presses on the sled, it would reduce the amount of people asking to work in doing pull ups on it.........yeah, that made NO sense (points at shirt) but that’s GLOBO for you.

Globo is an institution for those who are challenged at training weights or feel the need to inflate their egos by being the big fish in a small pond. Should be a good one tonight.....

mcbeast
06-24-08, 7:14 pm
Yo Bw,ill be seeing you saturday...

Big Wides
06-24-08, 10:07 pm

Wish you were bro, however I will not be there due to prior engagements I have to take care of

Big Wides
06-24-08, 10:10 pm
Legs, 6/24/08 at 8PM

Trained with Juggernaut

Squats - barx12, 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 405x4, 495x1, 525x1, 545x1
Leg Press - 4 sets 10-1, 18piesx1 on last set

Calf Press - 8x15-10

The 525 and 545 felt damn good, technique was there, timing was there it was all fluid. Didn't know how heavy I would go since the 525 last week felt like a ton. After squatting moved over to leg press, and just started adding pies upon pies. Did one rep and was just like "Yup I'm done". Good times, tonight

Angst
06-24-08, 10:57 pm
Damn you guys didn't made any "friends" tonight? Have the people there finally learned to not mess with the someone whose stronger than them? lol
Great workout as always

Maccabee
06-24-08, 11:23 pm
Hey Wides do you use a belt and knee wraps when you squat?

dominate77
06-25-08, 1:26 am
545 bro? fuck i wish we trained at the same gym. seeing a freak like you lift would help me knock through any plateau

Roland
06-25-08, 3:59 am
Legs, 6/24/08 at 8PM

Trained with Juggernaut

Squats - barx12, 135x10, 225x10, 315x8, 405x4, 495x1, 525x1, 545x1
Leg Press - 4 sets 10-1, 18piesx1 on last set

Calf Press - 8x15-10

The 525 and 545 felt damn good, technique was there, timing was there it was all fluid. Didn't know how heavy I would go since the 525 last week felt like a ton. After squatting moved over to leg press, and just started adding pies upon pies. Did one rep and was just like "Yup I'm done". Good times, tonight

Just sick BW.

mcbeast
06-25-08, 8:49 am
Shit,well we will cross paths some other time in the future.Nice squats,545 is huge

Big Wides
06-25-08, 8:50 am
Damn you guys didn't made any "friends" tonight? Have the people there finally learned to not mess with the someone whose stronger than them? lol
Great workout as always

Haha, nah no new friends.....I dunno but its been empty so far this week when we go in there, which is a plus less idoits to deal with and allows us to get in and out within a resonable time

Hey Wides do you use a belt and knee wraps when you squat?

I put the belt on at the 405 set but not tight its pretty loose so I can concentrate on the using my abs a lot to stabilize myself and push out agains the loose belt. Once I hit the 495 and above sets, I wear the belt like one should, comfortably tight getting all of the use out of it. As for knee wraps, no I do not use them my squat is not heavy enough to warrant me using them at this moment. I feel once I am consistantly at/above the 600lb mark then I will start to use them.

545 bro? fuck i wish we trained at the same gym. seeing a freak like you lift would help me knock through any plateau

thanks bro, it felt good to get that....trust me I wish I was a freak that will happen in due time.

Just sick BW.

Roland, good to see you around and thanks for the kind words bro, just doing what I can each day

IRBS
06-25-08, 8:55 am
Nice squattin Wides!