PDA

View Full Version : Improvement is the only way

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Lowdown5
07-21-07, 12:07 am
bench day:

bench - warmups 2 sets, 275x5, 315x3, 345x3, 365x1, 375x1, 345x2, 315x4, 275x8, 225x14
incline db - 100x5, 110x3, 100x5
pec deck - 3x15
barbell curls - 65x12, 85x10, 105x7, 125x6
alt db curl - 40x8, 40x6, 35x8
conc. curls - 3x8 @ 30

375 i had an uneven lock-out which from last week's bench session i knew was a weak point. gotta find out a way to keep the arch in my back when benching. the volume killed me today since i am not used to it. was a good session in all and felt good to get away from high reps.

Great workout Wides, damn you are one strong dude. Heavy weights and a lot of volume, kicked some ass Brother.

Big Wides
07-21-07, 9:12 am
damn 14 huh... only made it up to 12 sum serious weight u pushin bro.... when i need someone to jack me car i kno who to call lol... kickass workout sum to be proud of...

thanks bro, how big of a car we looking at? hoping its one of those power wheels......

Great workout Wides, damn you are one strong dude. Heavy weights and a lot of volume, kicked some ass Brother.

i will admit i am not a "volume holic", the way it felt like a month worth of benching in one session. thanks LD for the words of encouragement

Big Wides
07-21-07, 12:48 pm
shoulders and tris on sat

hang clean and jerk - 135x10, 165x8, 185x8, 205x4, 225x2, 135x6 (just clean for speed)
side raises - 30x10, 35x8, 25x12
behind neck press (smith) - 135x8, 185x8
skull crushers - 4x10
pushdowns - 4x10

was dead after the cleans, since legs are still fried from this weeks session, had absoulty no leg drive at all in the cleans, which is tough. wanted to go after 225 on the smith shoulder press but decided strongly against it since it would have went down and not up. i am slowly getting back into the groove of olympic lifts...

Dustin92
07-21-07, 12:59 pm
Great workout brother. Keep on pushin!

Big Wides
07-21-07, 1:44 pm
Great workout brother. Keep on pushin!

thanks bro, one session at a time cause slow and steady wins this race..

Dustin92
07-21-07, 1:49 pm
thanks bro, one session at a time cause slow and steady wins this race..

I here'd that brother.

krazyassmexican
07-21-07, 2:07 pm
hey this was a bad ass workout real talk bro i love it

hang clean and jerk - 135x10, 165x8, 185x8, 205x4, 225x2, 135x6 (just clean for speed)
skull crushers - 4x10
pushdowns - 4x10

was dead after the cleans, since legs are still fried from this weeks session, had absoulty no leg drive at all in the cleans, which is tough. wanted to go after 225 on the smith shoulder press but decided strongly against it since it would have went down and not up. i am slowly getting back into the groove of olympic lifts...

Malloy1344
07-21-07, 4:01 pm

skull crushers - 4x10
pushdowns - 4x10

Sweet lifting bro. I like those hang cleans......gonna try to throw some in next week sometime. Always nice checking out your lifts.....i like your style and simplicity. Keep up the sick work.

Big Wides
07-21-07, 4:32 pm
Sweet lifting bro. I like those hang cleans......gonna try to throw some in next week sometime. Always nice checking out your lifts.....i like your style and simplicity. Keep up the sick work.

thanks bro, the workouts never used to be simple in the past and they led me nowehere. my philospohy has changed, i think of training this way. if you look horses, all they do is run and eat clean, they are pure muscle. figured if simple works for them, it can't hurt to try

hey this was a bad ass workout real talk bro i love it

thanks a lot, working on getting bigger, the olympics help in that respect since they are a complete body exercise

Lowdown5
07-21-07, 4:34 pm
Good shit again today Wides, but damn Bro, that is the usual for you.

Big Wides
07-21-07, 4:44 pm
Good shit again today Wides, but damn Bro, that is the usual for you.

Lowdown as always its a pleasure to hear your feedback and words of encouragement. when i do days like today, i think back to one saying that i had in my locker "No minor setbacks, All moves major"

Lowdown5
07-21-07, 4:46 pm
Lowdown as always its a pleasure to hear your feedback and words of encouragement. when i do days like today, i think back to one saying that i had in my locker "No minor setbacks, All moves major"

Great saying Bro, another addition to the logbook.

firebeast
07-21-07, 5:14 pm

skull crushers - 4x10
pushdowns - 4x10

that's a sick workout dude. after readin that i wanted to bust the hell out of some damn weights

Nightshift
07-21-07, 7:30 pm
Damn impressive work here BW!! Keep bangin away like a madman!

On a side note......can I have my Dr. Phil tapes back?

Giant Killer
07-21-07, 7:39 pm

was dead after the cleans, since legs are still fried from this weeks session, had absoulty no leg drive at all in the cleans, which is tough...

Very modest. "Oh, my legs are still fried, so I only cleaned 225x2." Just messing with ya'. I know that is killer when you don't have that good support from your legs on cleans. Still a beast to hit 225x2 on an "off day" so to speak...

Keep pushin'.

Big Wides
07-21-07, 7:53 pm
Damn impressive work here BW!! Keep bangin away like a madman!

On a side note......can I have my Dr. Phil tapes back?

by wall means i have had my fill of them, LOL. thanks bro

Very modest. "Oh, my legs are still fried, so I only cleaned 225x2." Just messing with ya'. I know that is killer when you don't have that good support from your legs on cleans. Still a beast to hit 225x2 on an "off day" so to speak...

Keep pushin'.

thanks GK, i will admit it took a lot out of me i dont know if i am out of shape for that for what. it still felt good though pushing that weight. around late sept, early oct, i will do my 6 week olympic program... so in the words of UREP... stay tuned

Giant Killer
07-21-07, 8:00 pm
thanks GK, i will admit it took a lot out of me i dont know if i am out of shape for that for what. it still felt good though pushing that weight. around late sept, early oct, i will do my 6 week olympic program... so in the words of UREP... stay tuned

I've started to include Olympic lifts in each of my workouts, so I'll be checking out whats happening over here then. It's good to see them being done.

Big Wides
07-21-07, 8:39 pm
I've started to include Olympic lifts in each of my workouts, so I'll be checking out whats happening over here then. It's good to see them being done.

glad to see that the good word of olympic lifting is catching on

Young&Hungry
07-22-07, 10:08 pm
Hey Big Wides, what's your current training template looking like? I really miss this style of training (definately favorite style I've ever done) and your "new" split looks even better, so if I go back to this style in the winter I'd like to have some more diversity on hand with your old one. Are you doing Eddy Coan's bench routine?

Big Wides
07-22-07, 10:49 pm
Hey Big Wides, what's your current training template looking like? I really miss this style of training (definately favorite style I've ever done) and your "new" split looks even better, so if I go back to this style in the winter I'd like to have some more diversity on hand with your old one. Are you doing Eddy Coan's bench routine?

just changed it to only hitting one bodypart once a week, i have been hitting them twice a week for a while gotta give them some rest. i was doing the Ed Coan's bench split, which was simple and to the point. i probably will go back to it come winter time. just gotta keep everything moving forward.

Angst
07-22-07, 11:50 pm
Yo Big Wides, I'm just curious if you ever did reverse grip deads before? Had to pick up the barbell off the floor when I was doing reverse barbell row today, and for some reason the reverse grip felt more natural than regular deads.

Big Wides
07-23-07, 6:50 am
Yo Big Wides, I'm just curious if you ever did reverse grip deads before? Had to pick up the barbell off the floor when I was doing reverse barbell row today, and for some reason the reverse grip felt more natural than regular deads.

to be honest i have never heard of doing rev grip deads, but it sounds like they would leave the biceps in a real vulnerable position. i have seen some people use an overhand grip and dead i prefer the over/under grip. not only because it feels comfortable, the grip i get allows me to hold the bar better and with more control

Angst
07-23-07, 4:17 pm
That does put the biceps in a dangerous position now that i think about it. I use to use the over/under grip also, switched to over hand grip 'cause I was afraid it might mess up the symmetry in my back.

Malloy1344
07-23-07, 4:28 pm
Yeah Angst, I gotta agree with Big Wides......The biceps are in a really tender position that way. I'm no expert, but It just seems dangerous. I like the over/under grip as well.....definately helps me hold the bar better.

Big Wides
07-23-07, 8:07 pm
back:

deads - 5 sets - 375x1, 405x1
wide grip chins - 5, 4, 4 @ BW
narrow grip chins - 5, 4, 4 @ BW
cs rows - 3x8 @ 3pies
hs pulldowns - 3x8 @ 2pies
nautlis ab machine 4x20

did back today instead of tomorrow since i will be traveling for work. figured get the workout in while there was juice in my tank. the chins are getting better and there is minimal pain when doing deads. felt good to get that 405 lb monkey off my back.

McFly was in attendance.....

Lowdown5
07-23-07, 8:08 pm
Good workout today Wides.

Big Wides
07-23-07, 8:27 pm
Good workout today Wides.

thanks bro, chipping away at my back. simple compound movements and it eventually get to where i want it to....

Young&Hungry
07-23-07, 10:39 pm
thanks bro, chipping away at my back. simple compound movements and it eventually get to where i want it to....

Compound movements are the name of the game brother...bread and butter workouts build the finest growth and strength, plain and simple.

Bam Bam
07-23-07, 10:55 pm
back:

cs rows - 3x8 @ 3pies
nautlis ab machine 4x20

did back today instead of tomorrow since i will be traveling for work. figured get the workout in while there was juice in my tank. the chins are getting better and there is minimal pain when doing deads. felt good to get that 405 lb monkey off my back.

What is this universal back day? Hit it hard bro. Peace.

Big Wides
07-23-07, 11:37 pm
What is this universal back day? Hit it hard bro. Peace.

only here in the forvm, the rest of the world is benching.... thanks bro

Compound movements are the name of the game brother...bread and butter workouts build the finest growth and strength, plain and simple.

yes the KISS method is trial tested

Giant Killer
07-23-07, 11:50 pm
only here in the forvm, the rest of the world is benching.... thanks bro

Yeah! Monday is Leg day man!

Nightshift
07-24-07, 1:39 am
Nice back bay brother!! Short, simple and focused!

hjayss
07-24-07, 2:08 am
leg day:

leg ext: 5 sets x 12-10 reps
leg press: 5 sets, 14 plates x 7 reps on last set
squat: 315x3, 315x3 (working sets)
seated leg curl (hamtractor): 5 sets, 185 x 10 dropset to 105 x 15 on last set
Standing Calf Raises: 10 sets x 15-10 reps, 495+ for last 2 sets of 10 reps

squat form was sub par in my book. knees kept coming in instead of pushing out, that is my own fault havent squatted in a while. need to get this back in order. felt good to hit the legs hard, was a killer session.
I SEE THEM 14 PLATES DAMN NICE SHIT BRO...

bench day:

bench - warmups 2 sets, 275x5, 315x3, 345x3, 365x1, 375x1, 345x2, 315x4, 275x8, 225x14
incline db - 100x5, 110x3, 100x5
pec deck - 3x15
barbell curls - 65x12, 85x10, 105x7, 125x6
alt db curl - 40x8, 40x6, 35x8
conc. curls - 3x8 @ 30

375 i had an uneven lock-out which from last week's bench session i knew was a weak point. gotta find out a way to keep the arch in my back when benching. the volume killed me today since i am not used to it. was a good session in all and felt good to get away from high reps.
sOME TIMES A BREAK FROM HIGH REPS IS A JOY THAT WE ALL KNOW SO WELL. nice as numbers bro..

Toni69
07-24-07, 2:58 am
That does put the biceps in a dangerous position now that i think about it. I use to use the over/under grip also, switched to over hand grip 'cause I was afraid it might mess up the symmetry in my back.

Nah! I always use overhand in all my back exercises...I find underhand to be very uncomfortable, for me at least. I also thought the biceps would do too much of the work and also put them at a greater risk of injury cause you tend to pull that heavy ass weight with the arms moreso than in an overhand position. Its just natural to wanna pull with an underhand grip..you know?

Angst
07-24-07, 3:29 pm
Nah! I always use overhand in all my back exercises...I find underhand to be very uncomfortable, for me at least. I also thought the biceps would do too much of the work and also put them at a greater risk of injury cause you tend to pull that heavy ass weight with the arms moreso than in an overhand position. Its just natural to wanna pull with an underhand grip..you know?

I guess reverse grip deads isn't a good idea after all. However I do like reverse barbell rows, I can feel a nice contraction in my lower lats. Just gotta remember to use the proper weight. I know Dorian Yates and David Henry both does reverse barbell rows, I'm sure it helped their back development at least some what lol

G Diesel
07-24-07, 4:22 pm
I know Dorian Yates and David Henry both does reverse barbell rows, I'm sure it helped their back development at least some what lol

The reverse grip barbell row is also how Yates tore his bicep. For max poundages (8 or less), ya gotta go overhand. If you are using it more for isolation however, as a finishing movement, it is a phenomenal exercise. Peace, G

Malloy1344
07-24-07, 4:40 pm
back:

cs rows - 3x8 @ 3pies
nautlis ab machine 4x20

Awesome lifting, Deads...can't wait to hit the floor again next week. Been pullin off the rack cuz I'm working out with a friend who's new to deadlifting....so im easing him in. Keep up the sick work.

Big Wides
07-24-07, 9:26 pm
thanks to everyone for their support. i was thinking today when stuck in traffic about stuff and my training was one of them. because of the nature of today i missed 3 feedings due to meetings and me being on site for a client visit. it hit me how long i have come in the past couple of years in my training. just like i have grown, so has my training and techniques that i have used. as i sat in traffic i noticed that my training is about to make another turn in the near future, what it will be, only time will tell...... that was my deep thought for the month....

and i know see what happens when i leave for a day, as a rule of thumb, no reverse grip deadlifts..lol

Lowdown5
07-24-07, 9:38 pm
Wides, in my opinion, whatever you do you will be successful at it, be it training or life.

Big Wides
07-24-07, 9:56 pm
Wides, in my opinion, whatever you do you will be successful at it, be it training or life.

thanks bro, i appreciate it. much respect

Lowdown5
07-24-07, 10:07 pm
thanks bro, i appreciate it. much respect

Welcome Bro, and much deserved.

Big Wides
07-25-07, 7:42 pm
just 60 minutes of cardio at various inclines and speeds. broke a soild sweat. felt good

Lowdown5
07-25-07, 8:28 pm
just 60 minutes of cardio at various inclines and speeds. broke a soild sweat. felt good

Good job Bro, 60 minutes is a killer.

Roland
07-25-07, 11:40 pm
Big wides, what's goin on bro. Looking very strong and solid on here man, just read ur log, wanted to check in and say what's up. Keep up the hard work brother, Peace.

-Roland

Big Wides
07-26-07, 6:50 am
Big wides, what's goin on bro. Looking very strong and solid on here man, just read ur log, wanted to check in and say what's up. Keep up the hard work brother, Peace.

-Roland

thanks for stopping by, hard work builds big people and most importantly character.

and Lowdown to get back to that 60 minutes cardio killer, i actually had fun doing it. hummed a lil tune in my head, made it fun and those 60 minutes flew by. besides being soaked i had fun....

dIdDy
07-26-07, 4:49 pm
cardio with no ipod is fukin torture!

Lowdown5
07-26-07, 6:20 pm
thanks for stopping by, hard work builds big people and most importantly character.

and Lowdown to get back to that 60 minutes cardio killer, i actually had fun doing it. hummed a lil tune in my head, made it fun and those 60 minutes flew by. besides being soaked i had fun....

Some days we just need to prove to ourselves we can do it.

Ricky P
07-26-07, 6:26 pm
cardio with no ipod is fukin torture!

I'll be honest, with the music they play at my gym - if the iPod didn't exist, I would not workout. Call me a mental midget, but that's just how bad it is.

Malloy1344
07-26-07, 9:07 pm
thanks to everyone for their support. i was thinking today when stuck in traffic about stuff and my training was one of them. because of the nature of today i missed 3 feedings due to meetings and me being on site for a client visit. it hit me how long i have come in the past couple of years in my training. just like i have grown, so has my training and techniques that i have used. as i sat in traffic i noticed that my training is about to make another turn in the near future, what it will be, only time will tell...... that was my deep thought for the month....

and i know see what happens when i leave for a day, as a rule of thumb, no reverse grip deadlifts..lol

Yeah bro, I know how you feel with the missing meals and shit. It gets tough. Thankfully I have protein containers all over the place just incase. Goodluck with the training too, I'm sure it will be kick ass...keep up the good work....and yes, no reverse grip deads.

Big Wides
07-26-07, 10:25 pm
Yeah bro, I know how you feel with the missing meals and shit. It gets tough. Thankfully I have protein containers all over the place just incase. Goodluck with the training too, I'm sure it will be kick ass...keep up the good work....and yes, no reverse grip deads.

ill post tonights workout sometime tomorrow, it was a killer....

firebeast
07-26-07, 10:36 pm
i hear everyone talkin about ipod's, and i have never owned one. i run around an outside track at a football field. nothin but quiet, to think about workouts or whatever i want to.

bro, any turns your workouts may take can only be for the better b/c you are a smart dude and you know your body and what it needs, and you give it to it. be strong and stay animal.

Big Wides
07-27-07, 7:02 am
legs yesterday

Leg Extensions: Warmup (1 x 15), 3 dropsets 12 reps heavy down to 12 reps light, last set 200x10 dropped to 100x10
Superset: One Legged Leg Press w/ Hack Squats, 10-8 reps per leg w/ 10 reps on the hack squat, last set 3pies on one leg/2pies+25 on hack
Leg Press: 3 sets x 8 reps, last set 6pies
Superset: Seated (Hamtractor) Leg Curls w/ Stiff-Legged DLs: 3 sets each. 15 reps on the leg curls w/ 10 reps on the SLDLs, last set 210/90

Giant Set: 4 trips through Leg Press Calf Raises, Seated Calf Raises and HS Horizontal Calf Raises, 15-10 reps per set

was an intense session, constanly moving and constantly growing. shocked myself with some of the weight i used due to the high volume (oh how i hate thee), but our bodies need to change as do the routines.

check out G's thread in Training on Jesse Maurande- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9186 - sums up the workout.

IRBS
07-27-07, 7:25 am
Good session bro!

Big Wides
07-27-07, 7:49 am
Good session bro!

oh yeah (in barry white voice), thanks bro... that printer is going to feel like it is a thousand miles away..which is good

BigAnt
07-27-07, 12:03 pm
legs yesterday

Leg Extensions: Warmup (1 x 15), 3 dropsets 12 reps heavy down to 12 reps light, last set 200x10 dropped to 100x10
Superset: One Legged Leg Press w/ Hack Squats, 10-8 reps per leg w/ 10 reps on the hack squat, last set 3pies on one leg/2pies+25 on hack
Superset: Seated (Hamtractor) Leg Curls w/ Stiff-Legged DLs: 3 sets each. 15 reps on the leg curls w/ 10 reps on the SLDLs, last set 210/90

Giant Set: 4 trips through Leg Press Calf Raises, Seated Calf Raises and HS Horizontal Calf Raises, 15-10 reps per set

was an intense session, constanly moving and constantly growing. shocked myself with some of the weight i used due to the high volume (oh how i hate thee), but our bodies need to change as do the routines.

check out G's thread in Training on Jesse Maurande- http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9186 - sums up the workout.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

solid leg workout--great exercises!

if you ever want to tain legs with me and-or Big Al hit me up----don't be scared, for an older guy, I got some spunk left!

LOL

How is your diet, you eventually want to bodybuild?

Big Wides
07-27-07, 12:18 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

solid leg workout--great exercises!

if you ever want to tain legs with me and-or Big Al hit me up----don't be scared, for an older guy, I got some spunk left!

LOL

How is your diet, you eventually want to bodybuild?

i recently changed my diet by adding more protein to it (went from 8 oz at lunch/dinner to 10oz), carbs are all multi grain and complex (including Sunday pasta dinners). i have learned to cut out the bullshit that i used to eat and take in what will help me most with my recovery. if i had a killer session, i will consume a little more protein and carbs to help along with soild rest. i also eat every 2.5 hrs with my last meal around 1030-1100.

with eventually wanting to bodybuild the jury is still out on that, however i know that you cant keep pushing heavy ass weights all the time. the thought has crossed my mind several times. i need to look at where my career in the workforce is going before i can make any decisions with my training...

BigAnt
07-27-07, 12:35 pm
i need to look at where my career in the workforce is going before i can make any decisions with my training...

What type of work do you do now?

The stage will always be there for you!
BODYBUILD TO LIVE----DON'T LIVE TO BODYBUILD!

Big Wides
07-27-07, 12:45 pm
i need to look at where my career in the workforce is going before i can make any decisions with my training...

What type of work do you do now?

The stage will always be there for you!
BODYBUILD TO LIVE----DON'T LIVE TO BODYBUILD!

i work for a telesolutions/telemarketing company (i do not make calls to houses, just receive them), in the pharmaceutical division. its a pretty good job however the programs that i am currently on we lost the bid for the next contract, so i am going to be inbetween divisions for a little while until i can find something internally.

Malloy1344
07-27-07, 9:10 pm
legs yesterday

Awesome workout.....way to pay tribute to a great lifter in Jesse.......good job brother as always, way to push that heavy weight.

Lowdown5
07-27-07, 9:14 pm
i recently changed my diet by adding more protein to it (went from 8 oz at lunch/dinner to 10oz), carbs are all multi grain and complex (including Sunday pasta dinners). i have learned to cut out the bullshit that i used to eat and take in what will help me most with my recovery. if i had a killer session, i will consume a little more protein and carbs to help along with soild rest. i also eat every 2.5 hrs with my last meal around 1030-1100.

with eventually wanting to bodybuild the jury is still out on that, however i know that you cant keep pushing heavy ass weights all the time. the thought has crossed my mind several times. i need to look at where my career in the workforce is going before i can make any decisions with my training...

You have a great head on your shoulders BW, and your training is inspirational.

BEASTOFRAGE
07-27-07, 9:47 pm
awesome leg work bro!
TB

eblnyc
07-27-07, 10:04 pm
nice legs session. a great tribute to jesse. it would make him proud!

Big Wides
07-27-07, 10:32 pm
thanks to all for their kind words and support. this workout would not have been possible though without the fire from G, he set the pace and tempo from the start. knew it was going to be rough when the first exercise was the drop set leg ext. it was not till after the workout, i found out what fueled the session. again thanks to all for the kind words...

this is a tortosie and hare race, and the last time i looked the tortosie won, slow and steady

Lowdown5
07-27-07, 11:08 pm
Big Wides,

I gotta tell ya Bro that the post you just left for me made my day. I appreciate your kind words more than you know. You are a quality person, as are all here.

Thank you Brother.

Big Wides
07-28-07, 12:21 pm
chest last night:

incline - 3 warmups, 275x1, 255x4, 225x8
decline - 225x10, 255x8, 275x6
pec deck - 3sets 10-8
preacher curl - 3x10-8, last set 4tens per side
one arm preacher - 3x8-5, last set 45x5
hammer curls - 3setsx8-6, last set 50x6
high cable curl (one arm) - 2x8
db wrist curls - 4x12
barbell wrist curls - 3x12

first time for me doing decline ever. the lockout situation got worse with the incline, espically in the right arm it was a complete helicopter and the pec deck helped stretch out everything real nice. the bicep session was intense and had a soild pump througout. liking where this is going

Big Wides
07-28-07, 12:22 pm
Big Wides,

I gotta tell ya Bro that the post you just left for me made my day. I appreciate your kind words more than you know. You are a quality person, as are all here.

Thank you Brother.

welcome brother, very welcome

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 12:23 pm
chest last night:

pec deck - 3sets 10-8
db wrist curls - 4x12

first time for me doing decline ever. the lockout situation got worse with the incline, espically in the right arm it was a complete helicopter and the pec deck helped stretch out everything real nice. the bicep session was intense and had a soild pump througout. liking where this is going

Solid as always Bro, the usual for you. Good stuff.

Big Wides
07-28-07, 3:18 pm
Solid as always Bro, the usual for you. Good stuff.

thanks Lowdown, people are evolving everyday with workouts and physiques. gotta keep pushing the enevolpe to adapt and overcome.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 3:23 pm
thanks Lowdown, people are evolving everyday with workouts and physiques. gotta keep pushing the enevolpe to adapt and overcome.

You are welcome Bro, and that is the key, improvise, overcome and adapt.

Malloy1344
07-28-07, 3:35 pm
chest last night:

pec deck - 3sets 10-8
db wrist curls - 4x12

looking awesome......real strong benching.....Im not a decline nut either....it just doesn't feel natural to me....::shrugs::....great work on the biceps too.

Angst
07-28-07, 9:56 pm
Strong workout Big Wides, for the pec deck, is that the one with pads and you bent your arms at 90 degrees or the one with handles and you hold your arms out straight? I'll be doing chest tomorrow, can't wait.

Big Wides
07-28-07, 10:47 pm
Strong workout Big Wides, for the pec deck, is that the one with pads and you bent your arms at 90 degrees or the one with handles and you hold your arms out straight? I'll be doing chest tomorrow, can't wait.

it was the one with the pads and yes my arms were at 90, it was a good stretch, i will be honest it was better than dbs.

Shark
07-28-07, 11:14 pm
it was the one with the pads and yes my arms were at 90, it was a good stretch, i will be honest it was better than dbs.

I much prefer the pec deck with the pads and bent elbows. DB's and the straight arm machine use my front delts way too much. With the padded pec deck I can squeeze for a nice pump.

So Big, you ready for that session yet? lol

Big Wides
07-29-07, 3:48 pm
I much prefer the pec deck with the pads and bent elbows. DB's and the straight arm machine use my front delts way too much. With the padded pec deck I can squeeze for a nice pump.

So Big, you ready for that session yet? lol

anytime bro

Big Wides
07-29-07, 5:21 pm
shoulders and tris yesterday:

seated fron military - 135x10, 185x8, 205x6, 225x3, 155x10
side raise - 3x10 @ 30
rear delt - 3x7 @ 30
superset hs shrugs/db shrugs - 3x10
unilateral db shrugs - 2x10
vbar pushdowns - 3x12-10
rope pushdowns - 3x10
db extensions - 3x8 last set was 100

it was a good session. rhythem kept getting messed up with since i kept hitting the top of the rack, i cant describe this thing in words but it got to me. had an awesome pump in the traps and those unilateral db shrugs were great, really able to get a good squeeze at the top. did my best with the tricep work, but they were fried from friday's bench session.

Nightshift
07-30-07, 12:23 am
Solid sessions here brother!!! Keep pounding away, you too will be shopping for new clothes soon!!!

Big Wides
07-30-07, 7:01 am
Solid sessions here brother!!! Keep pounding away, you too will be shopping for new clothes soon!!!

thanks bro, that would be a sight growing out of my clothes. go to put them on one morning and they rip like the Incredible Hulk.... looking forward to that day

IRBS
07-30-07, 8:26 am

side raise - 3x10 @ 30
rear delt - 3x7 @ 30
vbar pushdowns - 3x12-10
rope pushdowns - 3x10

it was a good session. rhythem kept getting messed up with since i kept hitting the top of the rack, i cant describe this thing in words but it got to me. had an awesome pump in the traps and those unilateral db shrugs were great, really able to get a good squeeze at the top. did my best with the tricep work, but they were fried from friday's bench session.

Nice military work bro! I hate it when I hit the rack...it just screws with your head

firebeast
07-30-07, 10:16 am
good workout. i wish i could put up those numbers. i like the exercises and reps you are goin with. two to three workoouts per muscle between 6 to 8 sets. i like that. keep up the hard work.

Testpolska
07-30-07, 1:40 pm
Strong Militaries. I haven't done those in a while I should get back with them. How deep on the rep do you go?

Big Wides
07-30-07, 2:32 pm
Strong Militaries. I haven't done those in a while I should get back with them. How deep on the rep do you go?

i go to about chin level, keeps the stress on the delts while allowing me to go throug a range of motion that is comfortable and leaves me not at risk for injury

good workout. i wish i could put up those numbers. i like the exercises and reps you are goin with. two to three workoouts per muscle between 6 to 8 sets. i like that. keep up the hard work.

thanks bro, gotta keep improving with each session

Nice military work bro! I hate it when I hit the rack...it just screws with your head

yeah and then the noise and people watching. nothing like being put on the spot with a barbell filled with plates over your head. thanks bro

Malloy1344
07-30-07, 3:07 pm

side raise - 3x10 @ 30
rear delt - 3x7 @ 30
vbar pushdowns - 3x12-10
rope pushdowns - 3x10

very nice shoulder/tri day....I used to love combining these two groups. Very strong. great job with the military presses too, looking powerful.

Big Wides
07-30-07, 4:22 pm
very nice shoulder/tri day....I used to love combining these two groups. Very strong. great job with the military presses too, looking powerful.

thanks Jim, felt good to combine these two groups and it was the first time doing seated militaries in a while as well.

Lowdown5
07-30-07, 7:06 pm
BW, all I can say is that everytime I read your numbers I am more and more impressed. Good shit Bro.

Big Wides
07-30-07, 7:19 pm
BW, all I can say is that everytime I read your numbers I am more and more impressed. Good shit Bro.

thanks LD, I weigh myself tomorrow for my weekly weigh in. should be interesting to see where i am at since i changed my diet.

today's session was 60 minutes on the treadmill, varying inclines and speeds to keep the heart rate going

Lowdown5
07-30-07, 7:20 pm
thanks LD, I weigh myself tomorrow for my weekly weigh in. should be interesting to see where i am at since i changed my diet.

today's session was 60 minutes on the treadmill, varying inclines and speeds to keep the heart rate going

60 minutes of nothing but bliss right BW?

Big Wides
07-30-07, 7:21 pm
60 minutes of nothing but bliss right BW?

yes it was bliss, had it up to 15.0 incline @ 3.0 mph for 2 minutes. there's bliss right there, or blister? was soaked to the bone and never felt more energized

Lowdown5
07-30-07, 7:24 pm
yes it was bliss, had it up to 15.0 incline @ 3.0 mph for 2 minutes. there's bliss right there, or blister? was soaked to the bone and never felt more energized

That is the straight truth right there.

Shark
07-30-07, 10:45 pm
15.0 incline? I hope you were wearing a safety harness for that one. lol

IRBS
07-31-07, 8:29 am

Kill me....LOL!!! Walking on an incline is a hard workout, nice work...

Big Wides
07-31-07, 12:30 pm
Kill me....LOL!!! Walking on an incline is a hard workout, nice work...

i know, wanted to hit the calves a little bit harder, they need to grow.

15.0 incline? I hope you were wearing a safety harness for that one. lol

lol, i didnt hold on to much, tried to utlize my core muscles to keep me stable, but when i needed to hold on i did, didnt want to fall

Shark
07-31-07, 6:32 pm
I see you are a tester for the new animal product.........

So if you maybe perhaps if you accidently leave your gym bag a little unzipped on the bench when we train, someone might perhaps accidently look inside and see what it is. lol Just kiddin. Congrats bro.

Malloy1344
07-31-07, 7:29 pm
Fuck yeah bro Congrats on being a fellow Alpha tester....were gonna get to really kick some ass.

BEASTOFRAGE
07-31-07, 11:50 pm
great stuff bro!
TB

Big Wides
08-01-07, 6:57 am
I see you are a tester for the new animal product.........

So if you maybe perhaps if you accidently leave your gym bag a little unzipped on the bench when we train, someone might perhaps accidently look inside and see what it is. lol Just kiddin. Congrats bro.

thanks Shark, and if you can find my bag when i lift well kudos to you.... let me know about that session

Fuck yeah bro Congrats on being a fellow Alpha tester....were gonna get to really kick some ass.

that we are, bring your sunblock boys cause were going to hell..... just waiting for the package

great stuff bro!
TB

thanks Beast, gotta get bigger cause when i'm standing next to the mountain i'm gonna chop it down with the edge of my hands.... going to keep pushing the enevelop each day

G Diesel
08-01-07, 8:26 am
gotta get bigger cause when i'm standing next to the mountain i'm gonna chop it down with the edge of my hands.... going to keep pushing the enevelop each day

Nice Jimi... I mean, Jimmy. Peace, G

Big Wides
08-01-07, 11:21 am
Back. Tuesday, 7/31/07...

Bent Over Barbell Rows: 5 sets, 275x3x2
Wide Grip Pullups: 3 sets x 5, 4, 4
HS Underhand Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets, 2 pies + 30 per side x 6 on last set
Neutral Medium Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets x 12-10 reps
Low Cable Rows (Narrow Grip): 3 sets, Stack x 3, dropped to 180x5 on last set

Decline Bench Crunches: 4 sets x 20-15 reps

Leg Press Calf Raises: 7 sets x 12-20 reps

felt good, shocked myself with the 275 on the rows. weighed myself before the session and was 221 (at 1800). this morning weighed in at 214, not to shabby. was a good session and got a good strectch in the back, felt it this morning which is a change.

Big Wides
08-01-07, 11:22 am
Nice Jimi... I mean, Jimmy. Peace, G

thanks G, i like the first spelling makes me sound Schandavian (sp)

Shark
08-01-07, 11:24 am
thanks Shark, and if you can find my bag when i lift well kudos to you.... let me know about that session

Will do. Tonight I'll look over your routine and find something that I can keep up with. lol Then I'll let ya know.

IRBS
08-01-07, 11:34 am

felt good, shocked myself with the 275 on the rows. weighed myself before the session and was 221 (at 1800). this morning weighed in at 214, not to shabby. was a good session and got a good strectch in the back, felt it this morning which is a change.

awesome job bw...congrats on the weight loss!!! Losing weight and still moving big numbers is always a plus!!

Malloy1344
08-01-07, 11:55 am

thats a solid workout....I like the HS underhand pulldowns....they give a great stretch....I finally feel my back sore today as well....which is rare for me too....feels great!

Big Wides
08-01-07, 1:04 pm
awesome job bw...congrats on the weight loss!!! Losing weight and still moving big numbers is always a plus!!

thanks IRBS, the 220 was after 5 meals i believe but my overall loss has been incredible. at first my strength stuggled but i changed the diet and have been making great gains. gaining it smartly

thats a solid workout....I like the HS underhand pulldowns....they give a great stretch....I finally feel my back sore today as well....which is rare for me too....feels great!

yeah anytime i can get a large group like the back sore, you know it was a killer session. i think the combo of hs underhand, and dead hang chins did the trick

G Diesel
08-01-07, 1:15 pm
thanks G, i like the first spelling makes me sound Schandavian (sp)

I was referring to your Hendrix quote... But hell, yeah, you can be a Viking if you like. Haha. Peace, G

Big Wides
08-01-07, 1:33 pm
I was referring to your Hendrix quote... But hell, yeah, you can be a Viking if you like. Haha. Peace, G

ahh now it makes sense, when i first read it the light bulb wasn't on.....

krazyassmexican
08-01-07, 1:37 pm
great job big wides

Toni69
08-01-07, 2:55 pm
Awesome, awesome back day..those rows! wow! Well done..more than well done! Very impressive....very strong!

Big Wides
08-01-07, 4:17 pm
great job big wides

thanks bro.

Awesome, awesome back day..those rows! wow! Well done..more than well done! Very impressive....very strong!

thanks Toni, looking to get that nice wide, thick back. i havent done much bent over rows in the past, but started to cs rows and saw how much my growth exploded. its a simple lift that adds size and power

Lowdown5
08-01-07, 6:58 pm
BW, what is up Brother?

Big Wides
08-01-07, 8:10 pm
BW, what is up Brother?

another 60 minutes of cardio today on a non lifting day. varying degress of inclines and speeds as the usual. lowered the inclines and speeds went higher. burned more calories and went about 3.25 miles. bulking but smartly

Lowdown5
08-01-07, 8:12 pm
another 60 minutes of cardio today on a non lifting day. varying degress of inclines and speeds as the usual. lowered the inclines and speeds went higher. burned more calories and went about 3.25 miles. bulking but smartly

I like that, bulking but smartly.

Roland
08-01-07, 9:44 pm

Yo man, i feel ya on those 60 mins, thats some dreadmill fun right there, bulking but smartly, that's right man!!

Big Wides
08-01-07, 10:08 pm
Yo man, i feel ya on those 60 mins, thats some dreadmill fun right there, bulking but smartly, that's right man!!

believe it or not i enjoy the 60 minutes, the sweat lets me know that i am working hard. i also do not think of it as a dreadmill, im acutally relaxed (mentally), seems like all of the stress runs along the tread. however, it will never replace that feeling of lifting. thanks bro

Shark
08-01-07, 10:12 pm
believe it or not i enjoy the 60 minutes, the sweat lets me know that i am working hard. i also do not think of it as a dreadmill, im acutally relaxed (mentally), seems like all of the stress runs along the tread. however, it will never replace that feeling of lifting. thanks bro

If I enjoyed running even half as much as I enjoy lifting then I would be weighing around 140lbs right now. lol

eblnyc
08-01-07, 10:15 pm
you are living up to your name with those back sessions. awesome work.

Big Wides
08-01-07, 10:17 pm
If I enjoyed running even half as much as I enjoy lifting then I would be weighing around 140lbs right now. lol

i have come to the conclusion that it is a necessary evil, not only in this game, but for overall health. what good is all this training going to do if i can barley walk up a flight of steps. gotta keep the heart going just as strong as everything else.

you are living up to your name with those back sessions. awesome work.

thanks eblnyc, looking to get a back as wide as an aircraft carrier..... one day

Shark
08-01-07, 10:55 pm
i have come to the conclusion that it is a necessary evil, not only in this game, but for overall health. what good is all this training going to do if i can barley walk up a flight of steps. gotta keep the heart going just as strong as everything else.

For me it's the contrary. I know I've done something good, when at the end of the day I CAN'T walk up those stairs.

Young&Hungry
08-01-07, 11:46 pm

Another big back session with big G himself? You are one lucky guy BW. Switching to a bodybuilding-type split lately?

Big Wides
08-02-07, 6:45 am
Another big back session with big G himself? You are one lucky guy BW. Switching to a bodybuilding-type split lately?

that it was, and i do consider myself lucky training with G. as for the split, i do not now what you would call it. i am pretty sore after each session so its more of a muscle growing split. it is a nice change after lifting low volume for about the past year or so.

firebeast
08-02-07, 11:48 am
the workouts are lookin good and as far as cardio goes i hate running on a track but have found that running with my two boys and my dog to be alot of fun. so keep up the hard work. you are representin.

Big Wides
08-02-07, 2:25 pm
the workouts are lookin good and as far as cardio goes i hate running on a track but have found that running with my two boys and my dog to be alot of fun. so keep up the hard work. you are representin.

thanks bro, follow the KISS method and you can't go wrong

IRBS
08-02-07, 2:27 pm
thanks bro, follow the KISS method and you can't go wrong

So ture...I see way too many people here making this way too complicated. KISS is the way to go, it never fails and always works.

Malloy1344
08-02-07, 4:33 pm
4 days and counting until X day..can't wait bro!

Big Wides
08-02-07, 7:30 pm
4 days and counting until X day..can't wait bro!

same here, just waiting to come home from work and see the package by the door

Big Wides
08-02-07, 7:34 pm
legs 8/2/07

leg ext - 5 sets 15-8, 225x8
leg press - 5 sets, 15piesx5 last set
front squat - 135x10, 185x5, 225x3
hamtractor - 5 sets of 15-8, 215x8 last set
nautlis ab machine - 4x15
calf raises - 3x15

thats all she wrote tonight, worked them legs hard and it felt good. the front squats were a welcome change and it pointed out were my form weaknesses are in the regular squat. gonna feel nice tomorrow.....

Young&Hungry
08-02-07, 10:09 pm
that it was, and i do consider myself lucky training with G. as for the split, i do not now what you would call it. i am pretty sore after each session so its more of a muscle growing split. it is a nice change after lifting low volume for about the past year or so.

A guy like G is a priceless training partner, ton of motivation you two must get off the kind of numbers both of you are putting up these days and just each other. I like the "muscle growing" type splits, your split that I'm running is the perfect balance between strength and growth. There is a time to get huge and a time to get strong, keep doing your thing. From the looks of it you are going to be a house by the time you change your split up.

Big Wides
08-02-07, 10:21 pm
A guy like G is a priceless training partner, ton of motivation you two must get off the kind of numbers both of you are putting up these days and just each other. I like the "muscle growing" type splits, your split that I'm running is the perfect balance between strength and growth. There is a time to get huge and a time to get strong, keep doing your thing. From the looks of it you are going to be a house by the time you change your split up.

thank you for your kind words, i put the same effort into all of my activities, whether it is training, creating splts, giving advice, to how i conduct myself at work, and most importantly family. being a well rounded individual who puts the same intensity and passion into your daily life as you do in the gym, then the world is that much better and i have found these people, its every member of the Forvm...

MassMonster
08-02-07, 10:22 pm
wow training with G? thats killer bro ....

hjayss
08-03-07, 3:57 am
legs 8/2/07

calf raises - 3x15

thats all she wrote tonight, worked them legs hard and it felt good. the front squats were a welcome change and it pointed out were my form weaknesses are in the regular squat. gonna feel nice tomorrow.....
Hit em up baby love the front quad blaster I keep saying I am gonna do em but I end up not doing them..this was motivation for me gonna do it next week rag me really bad if I dont..

IRBS
08-03-07, 9:12 am
legs 8/2/07

calf raises - 3x15

Nice session bro

Big Wides
08-03-07, 11:24 am
Nice session bro

thanks, hammies are a little tender today, which is good

Big Wides
08-03-07, 9:07 pm
chest and bis

db bench - 65x15, 85x12, 100x9, 120x7, 95x8, 75x10
hs inclines - 3 sets, last set 3piesx5
cable flies - 3x12
barbell curl - 4 sets, last set 135x4, dropped to 65x12
db curl - 2 sets, last set 50x5
preacher curl - 2 sets, last set 70x8
wrist curls - 4x12

kept it simple, and wanted to get a stretch in the pecs tonight. i find that the dbs help a lot with the stretching and the cable flies felt weird, maybe due to the fact i havent done them in a while. workout was effective, got the strectch i needed and had a little pump...

eblnyc
08-03-07, 9:39 pm
nice mr wides. you always impress me with your training. awesome work.

Roland
08-03-07, 9:50 pm
Nice bro, 100s on db bench and 135 bb curls, sick with it bro...did you train with G again? Must be reallly cool training with G, good shit bro.

Big Wides
08-03-07, 9:54 pm
nice mr wides. you always impress me with your training. awesome work.

thank you eblnyc, i keep motovated by knowing there are people who are bigger and stronger than i am, and to overcome them i train my hardest session after session. mixing up the routines helps a lot as well

Nice bro, 100s on db bench and 135 bb curls, sick with it bro...did you train with G again? Must be reallly cool training with G, good shit bro.

thanks bro, nah i was flying solo tonight. it is an experience to train with other Animals, the same training styles and mentalities for lifting and life coming together at each session. gets the blood flowing

Big Wides
08-04-07, 11:49 am
shoulders and tris 8/4

BTN shoulder press (smith) - warmups, 225x5, 245x1, 185x11
unilaterial side raise - 30x10, 35x8, 40x6
rear delt raise - 3x12 @ 25
superset hs seated shrugs/upright row- 3sets, last set 2pies+25x10/135x6
pushdowns - 3x10-12
unilateral rev. pushdowns - 3sets of 15-20
db overhead ext. - 90x10, 110x8, 120x4 (hit the brainpot on each set)

short and sweet since tris were still fried from last night. it was Big Wides Sr. and me lifting together, so i had a spot. he still pushes some serious weight for having reconstructive rotator cuff surgery three years ago. felt like doing the drop set on shoulder press because i did not like the 245 set.

Testpolska
08-04-07, 1:01 pm
Strong work no doubt brother. Short and sweet is the best kind of workout. I've never really directly asked what are your primary goals? Size? Strength? Or both? Obvisously unless your a powerlifter competitivly we all want both. But what is your mainfocus?

Big Wides
08-04-07, 2:07 pm
Strong work no doubt brother. Short and sweet is the best kind of workout. I've never really directly asked what are your primary goals? Size? Strength? Or both? Obvisously unless your a powerlifter competitivly we all want both. But what is your mainfocus?

competition is definatley my main goal it is in my nature to be competitive, however i do not know whether it is in powerlifting, bodybuilding, or olympic lifting. i do not feel that i am strong enough for powerlifting yet and i am not as big to be competitive in bodybuilding yet either. i am also waiting for my life outside the gym to calm down and for me to get finicially set so that i can then focus on which forum i would compete in. so for the time being my training will encompass all aspects, i will get bigger and stronger so if PL is in my future then i can start training for a comp., if BB then i can start to chip away at what i have built and fine tune my self.....

Toni69
08-04-07, 2:20 pm
Always inspiring wo's here and your training with the big G? Awesome! I find that when people train with me, they tend to do what I did whenever I trained with someone with more experience..just soak it all up like a sponge with such an enthusiastic approach cause its fresh and new...so your anxious to learn and follow. I was always lucky enough to meet people who wanted to take me under their wing and show me the ropes. I trained with PL'rs, BB'rs, Boxers, Runners, even dancers...and each one taught me something new that I would sooner or later use again to my advantage.

That is the beauty of this forum. There is such a wide variety of training styles from so many inspiring and wonderful athletes, such as yourself, that one could never get bored doing any one routine. There is way too much to choose from here and it can only benefit you in the long run.

PLus, getting to train with someone like G. I was so thrilled to train with Vinny...so I know what your feeling. I have NPC Chicka now guiding me and with all that I know...she still teaches me something new about this lifestyle and about myself everyday. So..take it all for what its worth...cause its worth more than you know.

Training with G...dam! LOL

Big Wides
08-04-07, 2:59 pm
Always inspiring wo's here and your training with the big G? Awesome! I find that when people train with me, they tend to do what I did whenever I trained with someone with more experience..just soak it all up like a sponge with such an enthusiastic approach cause its fresh and new...so your anxious to learn and follow. I was always lucky enough to meet people who wanted to take me under their wing and show me the ropes. I trained with PL'rs, BB'rs, Boxers, Runners, even dancers...and each one taught me something new that I would sooner or later use again to my advantage.

That is the beauty of this forum. There is such a wide variety of training styles from so many inspiring and wonderful athletes, such as yourself, that one could never get bored doing any one routine. There is way too much to choose from here and it can only benefit you in the long run.

PLus, getting to train with someone like G. I was so thrilled to train with Vinny...so I know what your feeling. I have NPC Chicka now guiding me and with all that I know...she still teaches me something new about this lifestyle and about myself everyday. So..take it all for what its worth...cause its worth more than you know.

Training with G...dam! LOL

thank you Toni for your kind words, and it is an expierence. i have learned a lot in the sessions that i have had. it is a entierely new apporach to training, one that i have never seen. its a great combo of heavy training with simple tried and true exercises along with new modern exercises that help stimulate new growth. i leave each session pumped, and am sore for the next couple of days.

Lowdown5
08-04-07, 3:35 pm
You and G in the same gym training, good lord son, do they have enough weight for you two Animals?

Great workout Wides, outstanding.

Young&Hungry
08-04-07, 4:00 pm
Past three sessions look great brother, I need to throw some front squats into my routine. Your pressing is just nasty, everytime I look at your bench or shoulder workouts I get so jealous! How are the gains looking so far?

Big Wides
08-05-07, 9:17 pm
You and G in the same gym training, good lord son, do they have enough weight for you two Animals?

Great workout Wides, outstanding.

thanks LD, picking up what i can when i can. it is a new style of training for me which is always a plus.

Past three sessions look great brother, I need to throw some front squats into my routine. Your pressing is just nasty, everytime I look at your bench or shoulder workouts I get so jealous! How are the gains looking so far?

thanks Y&H, the pressing wasnt always like this, it took a lot of hard work and fine tuning of my tech. but once i got it down it hasn't failed. i weigh in on monday, so we will see where i am. two weeks on this new bulk, ive felt like i have had more energy than before and my strength is higher. we shall see

Lowdown5
08-05-07, 9:25 pm
Learning anything new is always a plus, and you get to blast away with G, that is very cool.

Nightshift
08-07-07, 2:20 am
Things are looking awesome here BW!! Keep kicking ass brother!!

hjayss
08-07-07, 2:59 am
hit chest and bis hard as hell..The turned it arouond and blaste the hell out of shoulders looks like it is going well for you b.dub...

Big Wides
08-07-07, 6:44 am
Things are looking awesome here BW!! Keep kicking ass brother!!

kicking ass is what this sport was founded on, or something of that nature.

hit chest and bis hard as hell..The turned it arouond and blaste the hell out of shoulders looks like it is going well for you b.dub...

b.dub...has a nice ring to it. i was shocked myself at the two sessions back to back when looking at them. since db work in my opinion hits the shoulders hard. recovered for two days, now its back to business

Big Wides
08-07-07, 8:07 pm
tonights leg workout:

leg ext - 5 sets, 230x4 last set
leg press - 5 sets. 16 piesx3 last set
hack squat - 2piesx12, 3piesx8, 3pies+25x6
hamtractor - 4sets, 185x12 last set
behind back wrist curls - 4x15-20

had to do hack squats since the curl jockeys were everywhere, did not mind went nice and deep for a good stretch. surprised myself of the leg press since last weeks numbers were a challange, as were tonights. did a little grip work at the end tonight, hoping this will pay off in the deadlift and rows, since grip seems to be an issue with me. all and all good session going to be followed by good eats

krazyassmexican
08-07-07, 8:08 pm
tonights leg workout:

had to do hack squats since the curl jockeys were everywhere, did not mind went nice and deep for a good stretch. surprised myself of the leg press since last weeks numbers were a challange, as were tonights. did a little grip work at the end tonight, hoping this will pay off in the deadlift and rows, since grip seems to be an issue with me. all and all good session going to be followed by good eats
bad ass bro ur 16 pies leave me speechless

Big Wides
08-07-07, 8:30 pm
bad ass bro ur 16 pies leave me speechless

thanks bro, gotta increase the reps and weight though, im not finished with these just yet...

BigAnt
08-07-07, 8:32 pm
tonights leg workout:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very solid workout....

hacks-nice MIX!

leg press, you are getting stronger...very cool!

keep going!

eblnyc
08-07-07, 8:51 pm
killer leg day mr. wides. the leg presses are very impressive. nothing better than strong fuckin wheels. great work as always.

Big Wides
08-07-07, 9:33 pm
killer leg day mr. wides. the leg presses are very impressive. nothing better than strong fuckin wheels. great work as always.

thanks eblnyc, wheels have been a problem area for me. its a good sign that they are getting stronger, gotta get them big before they can get defined.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very solid workout....

hacks-nice MIX!

leg press, you are getting stronger...very cool!

keep going!

thanks Ant, the hacks were a nice surprise it forces me to keep a closer stance than i do in the squats. helps with the development of the overall quad

Lowdown5
08-07-07, 9:36 pm
tonights leg workout:

That is one solid session Brother. Good shit.

Big Wides
08-07-07, 10:00 pm
That is one solid session Brother. Good shit.

thanks bro, ive gotta keep up with you and the gains you have been making out in cali...

Lowdown5
08-07-07, 10:07 pm
thanks bro, ive gotta keep up with you and the gains you have been making out in cali...

Shit Bro, I am trying to do it Philly style.

Shark
08-08-07, 12:58 am
Shit Bro, I am trying to do it Philly style.

Bah. I'd rather roll Cali laid back style. Too much cortisol in Philly.

Maccabee
08-08-07, 1:18 am
Thats a great leg session...I started throwing in a lot of hack squats in my routine. My legs are fried already.

Shark
08-08-07, 1:22 am
Thats a great leg session...I started throwing in a lot of hack squats in my routine. My legs are fried already.

Word. I shake like a chihuahua on a cold day from hack squats for some reason.

hjayss
08-08-07, 2:34 am
That pisses me off when I can not get tot the squat rack.....well nice to see you dug in that leg press really hard and tore that shit up then devoured quads on the hacks...

Big Wides
08-08-07, 7:14 am
That pisses me off when I can not get tot the squat rack.....well nice to see you dug in that leg press really hard and tore that shit up then devoured quads on the hacks...

well its 715 in philly and my legs are tight, so something i did yesterday worked. they are def. fried which is good, gotta eat lots of good food to aid in the recovery. adapt to what the gym throws at you, it makes you that much better

they are a welcome change, since my squat stance is wide, the hack allows me to hit certain areas since my legs are close. it also helps me with the catch portion of the clean and jerk, since your legs are close as in a hack

Bah. I'd rather roll Cali laid back style. Too much cortisol in Philly.

wouldn't trade it for the world. its a dirty area, but Pigpen was a loveable character on Charlie Brown....

Big Wides
08-10-07, 10:53 am
Back, Thursday, 8/9/07...

wide grip pullups: 3 sets x 7, 6, 5 reps
neutral grip pullups: 3 sets x 5, 5, 4 reps
incline bench db rows: 4 sets, 100s x 3 on last set (lost grip)
hs low row: 3 sets, 4piesx3 reps last set
underhand grip pulldowns: 3 sets, 210 x 9 on last set
deads (light): 4 sets x 135x8, 225x8, 315x5, 225x14 reps

Floor Crunches (knees raised): 4 sets x 25 reps

grip issues plagued my workout tonight. its something i've gotta work on. felt pretty pumped during and after the workout. the pull-ups are coming along and it was a nice change doing them fresh.

Big Wides
08-10-07, 7:43 pm
chest workout today:

incline db flies - 40x15, 45x12, 55x10, 70x6
hs incline press - 1piex15, 2piesx12, 3piesx8, 4piesx2
bench - 135x15, 225x10, 275x8, 315x5, 225x11
pec deck - 2x15

wanted to test the pecs by throwing flat bench in at the end of the chest routine. felt good and all of the weights felt heavy. was a good session, no grip issues.

firebeast
08-10-07, 7:53 pm
wides, your workouts are lookin good. i really like workin one muscle group most days, i feel i get more out of the workouts. looks like you got everything in order: sets, reps, exercises. don't really have nothin to say but that's how the fuck an animal does it.

Lowdown5
08-10-07, 7:55 pm
BW, once again you did Philly proud. Good shit.

Big Wides
08-10-07, 8:29 pm
wides, your workouts are lookin good. i really like workin one muscle group most days, i feel i get more out of the workouts. looks like you got everything in order: sets, reps, exercises. don't really have nothin to say but that's how the fuck an animal does it.

thanks bro, its been a while since i have dedicated just one day per muscle group, it feels nice to get the full use out of the muscle

BW, once again you did Philly proud. Good shit.

just give it my all with each session, can't half ass this shit. gotta get bigger and stronger. the iso work beforehand really hit towards the end

firebeast
08-10-07, 8:33 pm
i like the one muscle group workouts better b/c you can really focus on that muscle and give it the attention it needs. especially if your muscles have high endurance and need some intense ass whoopin to wear them out.

Toni69
08-11-07, 4:52 am
chest workout today:

incline db flies - 40x15, 45x12, 55x10, 70x6
hs incline press - 1piex15, 2piesx12, 3piesx8, 4piesx2
bench - 135x15, 225x10, 275x8, 315x5, 225x11
pec deck - 2x15

wanted to test the pecs by throwing flat bench in at the end of the chest routine. felt good and all of the weights felt heavy. was a good session, no grip issues.

Great way to hit chest..from all angles too. I sometimes do incline efore bench and that seriously affects my strength for bench and as frustrating as that is..its a good change up from the norm.

I am finding now that when I take out an exercise that I have been doing consisently for a long time and replace it with something else...I see changes take place in both strength gains and appearance way faster than if I had just stuck with the same exercise and only increased the weight as I became stronger with it. Make sense?

I dont know how you do incline flys, but what I do is when I bring the weight up over my chest, I turn the palms/wrists toward me and give the upper pecs a tight squeeze, then release back down. This is another great way to contract the upper and middle chest muscles. Its gets harder as you go heavier, but with a mod heavy weight that is manageable and wont strain your wrists..its a great little movement to add into your incline flys.

hjayss
08-11-07, 6:07 am
Back, Thursday, 8/9/07...

wide grip pullups: 3 sets x 7, 6, 5 reps
neutral grip pullups: 3 sets x 5, 5, 4 reps
incline bench db rows: 4 sets, 100s x 3 on last set (lost grip)
hs low row: 3 sets, 4piesx3 reps last set
underhand grip pulldowns: 3 sets, 210 x 9 on last set
deads (light): 4 sets x 135x8, 225x8, 315x5, 225x14 reps

Floor Crunches (knees raised): 4 sets x 25 reps

grip issues plagued my workout tonight. its something i've gotta work on. felt pretty pumped during and after the workout. the pull-ups are coming along and it was a nice change doing them fresh.
Grip is coming along b4 you know it you will be hitting those rock numbers no doubt...

Big Wides
08-11-07, 9:59 am
Great way to hit chest..from all angles too. I sometimes do incline efore bench and that seriously affects my strength for bench and as frustrating as that is..its a good change up from the norm.

I am finding now that when I take out an exercise that I have been doing consisently for a long time and replace it with something else...I see changes take place in both strength gains and appearance way faster than if I had just stuck with the same exercise and only increased the weight as I became stronger with it. Make sense?

I dont know how you do incline flys, but what I do is when I bring the weight up over my chest, I turn the palms/wrists toward me and give the upper pecs a tight squeeze, then release back down. This is another great way to contract the upper and middle chest muscles. Its gets harder as you go heavier, but with a mod heavy weight that is manageable and wont strain your wrists..its a great little movement to add into your incline flys.

hmmm, thanks for that lil tip, i will def, have to try that next time sounds like it really isolates the muscle completely

Grip is coming along b4 you know it you will be hitting those rock numbers no doubt...

that it will, slow and steady wins this race. it will take time this i know and i am willing to put that time in

Testpolska
08-11-07, 3:33 pm
As usual your flat bench numbers blow me away I gotta come in fresh to deal with 315 at all. Let alone at the tail of a session strong work bro.

Big Wides
08-11-07, 9:57 pm
As usual your flat bench numbers blow me away I gotta come in fresh to deal with 315 at all. Let alone at the tail of a session strong work bro.

thanks for the support Testpolska. i will let you know it was not easy by any means. with the way you work you'll be there in no time

IRBS
08-13-07, 11:52 am
Solid as usual bro, had to do some catchin up around here!!! LOL

Big Wides
08-13-07, 12:13 pm
Arms, Saturday, 8/11/07...

Barbell Curls: 5 sets, 145 x 3 on last set
Pushdowns: 4 sets x 20-10 reps
Incline DB Curls: 3 sets x 12-5 reps
Skullcrushers: 3 sets x 15-2 reps
Preacher DB Curls: 3 sets x 12-4 reps
Dip Machine: 4 sets x 20-12 reps
Barbell Wrist Curls: 4 sets x 20-12 reps
Superset: EZ Bar 21s w/ Reverse EZ Bar 21s, 2 sets each

Superset: Leg Press Calf Raises w/ Seated Calf Raises, 4 sets each x 15-12 reps

Nautilus Ab Machine: 4 sets x 25 reps

Big Wides
08-14-07, 11:43 am
Solid as usual bro, had to do some catchin up around here!!! LOL

thanks, the increase in calories and protein have helped with these workouts. feeding the furance

Toni69
08-14-07, 12:26 pm
Arms, Saturday, 8/11/07...

Barbell Curls: 5 sets, 145 x 3 on last set
Pushdowns: 4 sets x 20-10 reps
Incline DB Curls: 3 sets x 12-5 reps
Skullcrushers: 3 sets x 15-2 reps
Preacher DB Curls: 3 sets x 12-4 reps
Dip Machine: 4 sets x 20-12 reps
Barbell Wrist Curls: 4 sets x 20-12 reps
Superset: EZ Bar 21s w/ Reverse EZ Bar 21s, 2 sets each

Superset: Leg Press Calf Raises w/ Seated Calf Raises, 4 sets each x 15-12 reps

Nautilus Ab Machine: 4 sets x 25 reps

Great arm wo there! Extra calories are nice when your hittin it hard and heavy. I knew today, that burger I ate was well friggin deserved! LOL

Testpolska
08-14-07, 12:56 pm
Sessions are looking strong man. Keep them coming.

Big Wides
08-14-07, 1:00 pm
Great arm wo there! Extra calories are nice when your hittin it hard and heavy. I knew today, that burger I ate was well friggin deserved! LOL

thanks Toni, it feels normal to eat again

Sessions are looking strong man. Keep them coming.

that i will do, gotta keep up with you in that department.

the superset 21s, if you haven't tried them do its a great superset thought up by the mass scientist G.

Lowdown5
08-14-07, 1:01 pm
BW is an Animal, strong Animal.

Big Wides
08-14-07, 2:10 pm
BW is an Animal, strong Animal.

thanks LD, gotta keep this train moving forward. getting stronger physically and mentally with each session. it is important that both the mind and body are working as one both in and out of the gym.

Lowdown5
08-14-07, 2:25 pm
thanks LD, gotta keep this train moving forward. getting stronger physically and mentally with each session. it is important that both the mind and body are working as one both in and out of the gym.

That right there is the straight truth.

Angst
08-14-07, 4:56 pm
Nice workout Big Wides, I'll have to give those superset EZ bar 21s a try next time, the pump must be amazing.

JUGGERNAUT
08-14-07, 5:29 pm
didnt snow at all last night, which was great to hear loaded up the truck and headed to the track

sprints - 8x100 meters
farmer's walk - 4x100 meters (100lb db)
keg drag (took rope and tied it to the top of keg, added 25lbs to back) - 3x100 meters
hammer throw - 5 throws (150 ft best throw)
overhead shot put throw - 5 throws (53 ft)
sled drags - 5x50 meters @ 275 lbs

This is cool shit right here...

Big Wides
08-14-07, 6:40 pm
Nice workout Big Wides, I'll have to give those superset EZ bar 21s a try next time, the pump must be amazing.

that it was

This is cool shit right here...

brining up old works Juggernaut, that was a good session there. need to get back to doing some GPP

Big Wides
08-14-07, 10:17 pm
heres how tonights back session went, Big Wides, Juggernaut, and a tub of chalk, very interesting:

deads - warmups, 405x1, 455x1, 405x3x3, 405x2/1 for 12 sets, which brings the total for 405 to 15 sets

i am not shitting anyone here, this is not a typo by any means. no straps were used at all during this back session, only chalk. felt damn good to pull 455 it was easy and it also felt good to regain the power cage.

Also, Juggernaut great fucking job as well, as it was put "who needs drugs, just fucking deadlift"

Toni69
08-15-07, 3:15 am
heres how tonights back session went, Big Wides, Juggernaut, and a tub of chalk, very interesting:

deads - warmups, 405x1, 455x1, 405x3x3, 405x2/1 for 12 sets, which brings the total for 405 to 15 sets

i am not shitting anyone here, this is not a typo by any means. no straps were used at all during this back session, only chalk. felt damn good to pull 455 it was easy and it also felt good to regain the power cage.

Also, Juggernaut great fucking job as well, as it was put "who needs drugs, just fucking deadlift"

You guys must have made some impression in your gym this day. Both of you always blow me away..just brute, pure and hardcore...heart and soul right there.
very sexy too by the way! ;)...sorry...my chick hormones are acting up these days. LOL

hjayss
08-15-07, 3:50 am
Three big ass bad ass mf tearing back up...raw deads...

Big Wides
08-15-07, 6:53 am
You guys must have made some impression in your gym this day. Both of you always blow me away..just brute, pure and hardcore...heart and soul right there.
very sexy too by the way! ;)...sorry...my chick hormones are acting up these days. LOL

deadlifts and sexy all in one workout, its a first i have heard anyone put those two together. this was a basic Fred Flinstone workout, pulling heavy objects off the floor. i did try one set sumo style and almost fell flat on my face, it was a good laugh for all.

Three big ass bad ass mf tearing back up...raw deads...

it does not get any better, the session did not last long (only 1 hr) but the intesity was there.

G Diesel
08-15-07, 8:19 am

Holy fuck... Can't believe I missed that one. Left to your own devices, you guys are dangerous. That is hardcore right there. BTW, I was up at 5:30 this morning to hit back, but it didn't look anything like that. Peace, G

IRBS
08-15-07, 8:29 am

Awesome session, way to pull bro!!

Nightshift
08-15-07, 9:49 am
Awesome job, both of you!! Fred Flintstone Indeed!

Big Wides
08-15-07, 11:16 am
Awesome job, both of you!! Fred Flintstone Indeed!

thanks Nightshift, the looks were awesome from the others lifting at the same time. it was like "WTF are these morons doing"

Awesome session, way to pull bro!!

thanks, saw your 455 and that motovated me to pull at least that

Holy fuck... Can't believe I missed that one. Left to your own devices, you guys are dangerous. That is hardcore right there. BTW, I was up at 5:30 this morning to hit back, but it didn't look anything like that. Peace, G

yeah Juggs said when he came in that he wanted to deadlift, then we got to talking about doing an all deadlift session. i was so wired from this sleeping was trouble. all that adreline

JUGGERNAUT
08-15-07, 11:29 am
So here I sit now after the storm and I don't feel like we did anything. I think we only stopped at 15 sets because the gym closed... You in for squats the same way? hahaha like I gotta ask ..

G Diesel
08-15-07, 11:59 am
So here I sit now after the storm and I don't feel like we did anything. I think we only stopped at 15 sets because the gym closed... You in for squats the same way? hahaha like I gotta ask ..

Looks like giant sets for wheels on Thursday... The circle of death. Kinda like running a marathon while pulling a Mack truck. Very nice. Peace, G

Big Wides
08-15-07, 12:23 pm
Looks like giant sets for wheels on Thursday... The circle of death. Kinda like running a marathon while pulling a Mack truck. Very nice. Peace, G

Juggs, G answered your question. Giant sets for legs, does sound very nice

JUGGERNAUT
08-15-07, 1:05 pm
Juggs, G answered your question. Giant sets for legs, does sound very nice

Not sure I like to be called "JUGGS" ... even though I would fall past a "C" cup if I cross dressed. That NOT being the case, the name is Juggernaut.

Big Wides
08-17-07, 10:49 am
legs last night:

Dropset Leg Extensions: 3 sets x 20+ reps
"The Gauntlet" Giant Set (One Legged Leg Press, Hack Squats, Cybex Squat Press): 4 trips through (30-40 total reps per trip)
Smith Front Squats: 3 sets x 12-6 reps
Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets x 10-6 reps
Standing Calf Raises: 10 sets x 15-10 reps

"The Gauntlet" was a killer, compete latic acid in the legs, they felt like stone pillars afterwards. so far this week the CNS has been shocked with each session, feels good.

MassMonster
08-17-07, 10:52 am
damn good workout bro... if i had a cybex at my gym id give the gauntlet a go looks deadly...

IRBS
08-17-07, 10:58 am
Nice work bro!!

G Diesel
08-17-07, 11:11 am
damn good workout bro... if i had a cybex at my gym id give the gauntlet a go looks deadly...

You could replace it with any compound leg movement of your choice... It is the approach that is key in this case, not necessarily the specific exercises. Peace, G

Big Wides
08-17-07, 11:53 am
You could replace it with any compound leg movement of your choice... It is the approach that is key in this case, not necessarily the specific exercises. Peace, G

yes it was nice having all three right next to each other, roll out of one exercise and fall into the next.

Nice work bro!!

thanks IRBS, first time doing giant sets and it did something. legs were screaming by the last set.

it put leg training into a whole new perspective, gotta get the legs to grow, they are hardheaded

Lowdown5
08-17-07, 11:55 am
"The Gauntlet", WOW!!

Intense. Good work Bro.

Big Wides
08-17-07, 12:18 pm
"The Gauntlet", WOW!!

Intense. Good work Bro.

thanks, it was very intense. i was soaked by the end of it. between tuesday and yesterday's sessions legs are fried

Lowdown5
08-17-07, 12:39 pm
thanks, it was very intense. i was soaked by the end of it. between tuesday and yesterday's sessions legs are fried

I would think deep fried!

Big Wides
08-17-07, 7:58 pm
chest:

bench - 9x3 @ 275 (3 wide, 3 normal, 3 close)
inclines - 135x12, 225x8, 255x4, 275x1, 185x15
pec deck - 3x12
wide grip hs press - 3x15

short, sweet and to the point. no chains or bands for the 9x3 bench, but speed was still there. shoulders and arms tomorrow.

Lowdown5
08-17-07, 7:59 pm
Good day Bro, doesn't take much more than that to grow.

Big Wides
08-17-07, 8:12 pm
Good day Bro, doesn't take much more than that to grow.

thanks LD, trying to let my CNS catch up, however that went out the window real fast. as always your support is very appericated and motovating

Lowdown5
08-17-07, 8:14 pm
thanks LD, trying to let my CNS catch up, however that went out the window real fast. as always your support is very appericated and motovating

Just giving back what I get. Thanks Bro.

Big Wides
08-19-07, 12:16 pm
shoulders and arms 8/19:

push press - 135x10, 165x8, 185x8, 225x6, 255x3
20s - 20lbs, 25lbs
unilateral db shrug - 70x10, 80x8, 100x6
barbell curl/pushdown superset - 3x8
seated hammer curl/db skull crushers - 3x8
db curl/rope pushdowns - 3x10

could not hit shoulders/arms yesterday, so i did them this morning. the arm supersets was something different for me, felt a good pump with them.

Lowdown5
08-19-07, 12:18 pm
Reppin Philly with that workout BW, very solid Brother.

Big Wides
08-19-07, 2:14 pm
Reppin Philly with that workout BW, very solid Brother.

thanks LD, the whole superset thing was unique, never had a complete arm pump before

Dustin92
08-19-07, 3:47 pm
Good workout bro...
quik question though, what are unilateral db shrugs? I've never heard of them..

Big Wides
08-19-07, 4:59 pm
Good workout bro...
quik question though, what are unilateral db shrugs? I've never heard of them..

picked these up from G, its like a normal db shrug but you are only shrugging one side at a time. do about 3-4 reps then do the other side, this exercise helps to isolate the traps well

Dustin92
08-19-07, 6:47 pm
picked these up from G, its like a normal db shrug but you are only shrugging one side at a time. do about 3-4 reps then do the other side, this exercise helps to isolate the traps well

Sweet...I'll have to give them a try..

Roland
08-19-07, 6:49 pm
shoulders and arms 8/19:

20s - 20lbs, 25lbs

could not hit shoulders/arms yesterday, so i did them this morning. the arm supersets was something different for me, felt a good pump with them.

Strong workout bro, keep it up.

Big Wides
08-19-07, 9:47 pm
Strong workout bro, keep it up.

thanks bro, shoulders seem to be one of my more favorite bodyparts to train

IRBS
08-20-07, 8:41 am
Nice overhead work bro!!

G Diesel
08-20-07, 9:17 am
Strong as usual Wides... We'll get back in there and blast shit on Tuesday. Peace, G

Big Wides
08-20-07, 2:54 pm
Nice overhead work bro!!

thanks IRBS, hoping this work will translate into a big bench and dead

Strong as usual Wides... We'll get back in there and blast shit on Tuesday. Peace, G

thanks G, looking forward to tuesday

Testpolska
08-20-07, 3:17 pm
Real strong pushpresses. Those will build overall strength for sure. Espically at the weight your doing them. Good work.

Big Wides
08-20-07, 4:26 pm
Real strong pushpresses. Those will build overall strength for sure. Espically at the weight your doing them. Good work.

thanks Testpolska, felt good to move that weight. need to get them stronger for sure

IRBS
08-20-07, 4:28 pm
thanks IRBS, hoping this work will translate into a big bench and dead

It should bro, plus, if a strongman comp pops up youre good to go, LOL!!!

Riesjs
08-20-07, 4:32 pm
Breezing through some Journeys, you've got some decent hits....lifts look BIG and creative. How are you doing on those goals for '07?

Big Wides
08-20-07, 7:39 pm
Breezing through some Journeys, you've got some decent hits....lifts look BIG and creative. How are you doing on those goals for '07?

to be honest with you i really do not know, since my training has taken a complete 180 since i had set those goals. i have drifted away from the typical powerlifitng split. i needed a change in how i lifted to get new growth started.

hjayss
08-21-07, 3:10 am
shoulders and arms 8/19:

20s - 20lbs, 25lbs

lokking beastly bro just a solid w/o nice numbers..

Big Wides
08-21-07, 12:53 pm
lokking beastly bro just a solid w/o nice numbers..

thanks homer, just taking this one day at a time. working myself up to becoming a bigger better version of what i currently am

Riesjs
08-21-07, 1:27 pm
to be honest with you i really do not know, since my training has taken a complete 180 since i had set those goals. i have drifted away from the typical powerlifitng split. i needed a change in how i lifted to get new growth started.

Sometimes change is the best medicine. good luck

Big Wides
08-22-07, 1:27 pm
if memory serves me this was last nights back session:

deads - warmups, 405x3, 475x1
wide grip pull-ups - 5, 4, 5
narrow grip pullups - 5,5,5
cs rows - 2piesx12, 3piesx8, 4piesx3
one arm db rows - 2x7@ 125

crunches (legs up) - 4x20

was drentched after this session. shirt was soaked and revovery between sets was up. pull-ups are getting better(thinking its the practice going into them). i liked the 475 dead, it was a struggle but got it up. need to get my tech down better, so that 500 comes easy

Lowdown5
08-22-07, 1:27 pm
Outstanding night last night Bro, inspiring.

Big Wides
08-22-07, 1:55 pm
Outstanding night last night Bro, inspiring.

thanks LD, its much appericated as always. it felt good to move the heavy stuff

Riesjs
08-22-07, 3:20 pm
Good session, gotta love back day...

Big Wides
08-22-07, 3:22 pm
Good session, gotta love back day...

thanks bro, it was G, Juggernaut and myself throwing weight around like rag dolls...

Angst
08-22-07, 3:26 pm
One of the most inspirational logs on this forum, always moving heavy ass weight. I always feels the need to step up my own game by reading your journey, thanks for all the motivation Big Wides

Big Wides
08-22-07, 4:23 pm
One of the most inspirational logs on this forum, always moving heavy ass weight. I always feels the need to step up my own game by reading your journey, thanks for all the motivation Big Wides

thank you Angst, it means a lot coming from a warrior like yourself

Ricky P
08-22-07, 4:46 pm
if memory serves me this was last nights back session:

deads - warmups, 405x3, 475x1
wide grip pull-ups - 5, 4, 5
narrow grip pullups - 5,5,5
cs rows - 2piesx12, 3piesx8, 4piesx3
one arm db rows - 2x7@ 125

crunches (legs up) - 4x20

was drentched after this session. shirt was soaked and revovery between sets was up. pull-ups are getting better(thinking its the practice going into them). i liked the 475 dead, it was a struggle but got it up. need to get my tech down better, so that 500 comes easy

Can't wait to be dropping this kind of weight. All I gotta do is read through here to give myself a kick in the ass to go harder. Awesome session, brother.

Big Wides
08-22-07, 7:33 pm
Can't wait to be dropping this kind of weight. All I gotta do is read through here to give myself a kick in the ass to go harder. Awesome session, brother.

it took me a while to get to where i am right now. you'll be here just remember it doesn't happen overnight, patience and hard work will do the trick.

- the greatest program in the world will not work without the proper attitude

Nightshift
08-22-07, 8:11 pm
Buddy, you never cease to amaze!! Workouts are looking really strong!!

Big Wides
08-22-07, 8:51 pm
Buddy, you never cease to amaze!! Workouts are looking really strong!!

thanks Nighshift, gotta say that i am also impressed with how much is moved with each session. each workout has its own individual "wow" factor after it is done

Lowdown5
08-22-07, 9:42 pm
thanks Nighshift, gotta say that i am also impressed with how much is moved with each session. each workout has its own individual "wow" factor after it is done

Everytime I read your log I experience the wow factor.

eblnyc
08-22-07, 9:52 pm
moving that big weight in killadelphia,very sweet...

Big Wides
08-22-07, 10:03 pm
Everytime I read your log I experience the wow factor.

thanks LD, its amazing how much the body can take. tomorrow is legs, which means pillage and plunder of the 45s.

moving that big weight in killadelphia,very sweet...

thanks eblnyc, popeye had his spinach, the people of philly have their wiz wits or wiz wit-outs

Lowdown5
08-22-07, 10:04 pm
thanks LD, its amazing how much the body can take. tomorrow is legs, which means pillage and plunder of the 45s.

Pillage and plunder away.

hjayss
08-23-07, 3:22 am
Those deads are getting absolutely crazy...500 is a momentous lift we all we be sticking around for that shit and I know you can pull that off..

Riesjs
08-23-07, 10:45 am
thanks bro, it was G, Juggernaut and myself throwing weight around like rag dolls...

Quite the tandom you have going there, thats awesome.

Big Wides
08-24-07, 10:00 am
legs last night:

Seated Leg Curls (Hamtractor): 6 sets x 15-6 reps
Leg Press (Dropset): 6 plates per side (10 reps) stripped to 5 plates (x 10) to 4 plates (x 10) to 3 plates (x 10) to 2 plates (x 10) to 1 plate (x 25)
Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets x 12, 10, 10 reps
Leg Extensions (Heavy): 10 sets x 12-6 reps
Smith Machine Squats: 4 sets x 12, 6, 6, 3 reps
*Superset* Seated Calf Raises w/ HS Horizontal Calf Raises: 5 sets each x 12-15 reps

was a great session. the drop set leg press really taxed the lower body, felt awesome. by the end of the workout all were walking like john wayne

Toni69
08-24-07, 12:10 pm
walking like John Wayne, and quoting Caddyshack and Sanford and Son...must have been a sick wo! ROFL....Nice!!!

Big Wides
08-24-07, 12:17 pm
walking like John Wayne, and quoting Caddyshack and Sanford and Son...must have been a sick wo! ROFL....Nice!!!

yes there was that much blood in the legs it was a slow painful walk, with legs spread like you just got off the horse.

Lowdown5
08-24-07, 12:17 pm
I don't think John Wayne would have been walking after that session.

Toni69
08-24-07, 1:03 pm
I dont think Wayne had a big enough horse either. LOL

Riesjs
08-24-07, 2:43 pm
Dropsets w/ leg press are killer, love it bro

Big Wides
08-24-07, 3:46 pm
Dropsets w/ leg press are killer, love it bro

that they were the pain/pump/latic acid buildup did not happen right away, that happened about 5 minutes later, and stayed around till the squats. for some odd reason the squats cleaned it out.