PDA

View Full Version : Pmug0000's journey

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

pmug0000
06-08-08, 11:49 pm
You'll find no catchy title to my journey. You won't get my personal bio or my philosophy towards life, this will just be a no-bullshit training log.

Right now my workouts are all supersets. I'm trying to shed some fat, but I keep my carbs high, and food in general is pretty high, but I train my ass off and do frequent cardio sessions. I prefer to burn the fat away rather than starve it off, so there'll be no keto diet, just balls to the wall training.

So tomorrow will be the start of my first journey. You'll find that I'm not all that strong yet, but I guarantee that I bust my ass as hard as anyone. And I'm constantly get stronger and improving my physique, so I'm on my way.

Any comments, criticisms, or advise is welcome from anyone and everyone.

Maharg
06-08-08, 11:51 pm
Advice. Dont piss into the wind.

pmug0000
06-08-08, 11:56 pm
Advice. Dont piss into the wind.

So I've heard. But that's assuming you don't want piss in your face.

Maharg
06-09-08, 12:02 am
You got me there. If you enjoy urine in your face, pee into a shop fan.

pmug0000
06-09-08, 1:24 am
Here' my current stats:
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 159 lbs.
BF%: 11-15% (not sure)

Max Bench press: not sure, not much
Max squat: not sure, not much
Max Deadlift: 335 lbs., not enough

pmug0000
06-09-08, 3:44 pm
Today I woke up and did 40 min. cardio, and then after breakfast it was time for some chest supersets. Chest is my weakest link, but that just makes me push myself even harder while training it. Pre-workout I had 1 serving EAA Nitro, then another serving while training, then Torrent immediately after. Talk about a sugar rush. Then I followed that up with a couple scoops Iso-Whey. I put every ounce of energy and strength that I have into today's workout, and here is how it went:

Incline barbell press superset with incline dumbbell fly
3 sets, 145 lbs. incline press for 6 reps, 45 lbs. incline flyes for 6 reps
2 sets, 135 lbs. incline press for 8 reps, 45 lbs. incline flyes for 6 reps

Flat Dumbbell Press (60 lbs.) superset flat dumbbell flyes (40 lbs.):
2 sets, 8 reps dumbbell press, 8 reps dumbbell flyes
1 set, 6 reps dumbbell press, 8 reps dumbbell flyes
1 set, 5 reps dumbbell press, 7 reps dumbbell flyes

Weighted Dips (+25 lbs.) superset high cable crossovers (L4):
4 sets, 8 reps weighted dips, 12 reps cable crossovers

Incline Dumbbell Press (45 lbs.) superset incline machine press (L5):
1 set, 12 reps incline dumbbell press, 15 reps incline machine press
2 sets, 8 reps incline dumbbell press, 15 reps incline machine press

Then held an extreme (dc style) chest stretch for about 1 min., then peaced. Chest is fucking dead and I'm tired as shit but for me that's as good of a chest workout as I can do so I'm happy with it.

pmug0000
06-10-08, 4:13 pm
Woke up and did 40 min. cardio, then after breakfast it was time to annihilate legs. Nothing makes me want to die like some leg supersets. It was a brutal session, after thoroughly warming up here's how it went down:

245 lbs Back Squats superset L10 leg extensions:
5 sets, 6 reps squats, 10 reps leg extensions

5pps+25 incline leg press superset 135 lbs. Zercher squats:
4 sets, 8 reps of each

145 lbs. reverse lunges superset L3 single leg extensions:
3 sets, 8 reps lunges (each leg), 10 reps extensions (each leg)

185 lbs. stiff leg deadlift superset L3 lying leg curl:
3 sets, 10 reps SLDL, 15 reps leg curls

Stretch.

3 plates seated calf raise superset 2pps standing calf raise:
4 sets, 12 reps seated calf raise, 15 reps standing calf raise.

Wiped out. My legs feel like spaghetti. Not looking forward to 2 more weeks of this, but I'll just keep on pushing.
Tomorrow is back, probably my favorite day.

Maharg
06-10-08, 7:28 pm
Awesome leg day bro, and bravo for doing Zerchers.

pmug0000
06-10-08, 10:33 pm
Awesome leg day bro, and bravo for doing Zerchers.

Thanks Maharg, I always go all out on legs. And yeah Zerchers are a bitch - supersetting those with the leg presses is probably the hardest thing I've put myself through.

pmug0000
06-10-08, 10:37 pm
Since I did 40 minutes of cardio this morning and to give my legs a break after supersets this afternoon I did this ab workout tonight:

Decline situps (not very steep): 3x30

Knee-raises: 3x30

Knee to elbow bicycles: 3x25

In and outs (copied from Enforcer): 3x25

I hardly ever do abs so it was good to get 'em done tonight.

pmug0000
06-11-08, 3:48 pm
As usual, 40 min. cardio before breakfast, then it was time to hit up some supersets in the afternoon. Today was back, here's the workout:

Underhand Barbell Rows (185 lbs.) superset V-Bar pulldowns (L10):
5 sets, 10 reps of each per set

T-Bar rows (3 plates) superset wide-grip front pulldowns (L9):
4 sets, 10 reps of each per set

65 lbs. Dumbbell pullovers superset 65 lbs. 1-arm dumbbell rows:
4 sets, 12 reps of each per set

Straight arm pulldowns (L8) superset Face-pulls (L6):
4 sets, 15 reps of pulldowns, 12 reps of face-pulls

60 second dc style stretch and was done. I think later I'll play basketball with some buddies for a little more cardio work.

Tomorrow I've gotta work early, so there'll be no time for cardio before breakfast, and I won't be able to hit the gym until late. But that's life.

pmug0000
06-12-08, 8:14 pm
Shoulders and arms supersets today. Here's how it went down:

Dumbbell Shoulder Press (60 lbs.) superset dumbbell lateral raise (25 lbs.):
5 sets, 8 reps of each per set

Barbell Upright Row (95 lbs.) superset dumbbell front raise (30 lbs.):
4 sets, 8 reps upright row, 10 reps of front raise

Close grip bench press (140 lbs.) superset triangle pressdowns (L9):
5 sets, 6 reps CGBP, 12 reps triangle pressdowns each set

Rope Overhead Extension (L6) superset Rope pulldown (L6):

Triceps stretch 60 sec.

Barbell Curl (85 lbs.) superset incline dumbbell curls (25 lbs.):
4 sets, 6 reps barbell curls, 10 reps incline curls each set

Low Cable Curls (L3) superset High Cable Curls (L3):

Biceps stretch, then done. Had a great pump going the whole session. I might do some cardio later since I didn't have a chance to earlier today.

js71474
06-12-08, 8:19 pm
Great work! Your intensity is through the roof and the sessions look killer. I am in for the ride bro, keep it up!

Pizzalamp
06-12-08, 8:22 pm
glad u began a journey...ill be tagging along if u dont mind!

pmug0000
06-12-08, 10:29 pm
Great work! Your intensity is through the roof and the sessions look killer. I am in for the ride bro, keep it up!

Thanks bro. I'm just trying to pay my dues 7 days a week.

glad u began a journey...ill be tagging along if u dont mind!

I'm happy to have you aboard pizzalamp! The reason I took so long to start a journey was feeling embarrassed because of guys like you putting up numbers so big that I look like a pansy lol. But I just keep busting my ass day in and day out, making steady improvements which is all I can ask of myself.

Pizzalamp
06-12-08, 10:32 pm
I'm happy to have you aboard pizzalamp! The reason I took so long to start a journey was feeling embarrassed because of guys like you putting up numbers so big that I look like a pansy lol. But I just keep busting my ass day in and day out, making steady improvements which is all I can ask of myself.
Dont think like that man...as long as u have the intensity...numbers are just numbers, all relative...whats heavy to u is all that matters...looking forward to your great progress:)

pmug0000
06-12-08, 10:47 pm
Dont think like that man...as long as u have the intensity...numbers are just numbers, all relative...whats heavy to u is all that matters...looking forward to your great progress:)

Yeah I know - I actually stay very positive with myself. I've made some great gains in strength and appearance since last fall, when I started training seriously and eating right. My only regret is wasting my high school years doing stupid shit that I shouldn't have, but the past is the past and I know my future is bright. I've learned a lot from you and other guys who have been doing this much longer than myself so it'll only get better from here!

Pizzalamp
06-12-08, 10:50 pm
Yeah I know - I actually stay very positive with myself. I've made some great gains in strength and appearance since last fall, when I started training seriously and eating right. My only regret is wasting my high school years doing stupid shit that I shouldn't have, but the past is the past and I know my future is bright. I've learned a lot from you and other guys who have been doing this much longer than myself so it'll only get better from here!

heh heh...when i was in high school i didnt know what i was doing...breakfast was cookie crisp cereal...i would have fries after school...lifting was doing half ass dumbell curls and the same weight on incline press 3 days a week, and i was pissed my arms would not grow...i didnt even know what a lat pulldown was

your mindset sounds good

pmug0000
06-14-08, 4:13 pm
Yesterday was an off day for me, so I just did an hour of cardio on the elliptical machine and the rest of the day took it easy.

Today it was back to the grind. Before breakfast I did 40 min. of cardio on the elliptical, then after breakfast it was time for some low back, traps, forearms, and calves supersets. I never use any gloves, straps, chalk, or a belt. It's just me and my callouses. Brutal.

315 lbs. Deadlift superset Back Extension holding 35 lbs. plate:
5 sets, 3 reps of deadlifts, 8 reps of back extensions

275 lbs. deadlift superset bodyweight back extensions:
1 set, 12 reps of deadlifts, 15 reps of back extensions.

315 lbs. Barbell Shrug superset 65 lbs. dumbbell shrug:
5 sets, 5 reps of barbell shrugs, 10 reps of dumbbell shrugs

95 lbs. Behind the back wrist curls superset 30 lbs. seated wrist curls:
4 sets, 10 reps behind the back wrist curls, 20 reps seated wrist curls

Seated calf raise with 3 plates superset standing calf raise on smith machine (2 pps):
4 sets, 12 reps seated calf raise, 15 reps standing calf raise

I feel good about my workout today. 315 lbs. is my 3RM on deads, and to have done it 5 times is a personal best. The 5 sets of 5 reps shrugs with 315 lbs. is also a personal best.

Later on I might play some tennis or basketball for an extra cardio session.

pmug0000
06-15-08, 11:04 pm
Today was an off day, so unfortunately nothing too exciting to report. Just 40 min. cardio on the elliptical before breakfast, and 75 min. tennis later in the day on an empty stomach. I was feeling those deads from yesterday all throughout the day. Tomorrow it's back to supersets, which I'll continue for 2 more weeks than switch up my routine.

Pizzalamp
06-15-08, 11:08 pm
i like how u did a low back session

looked solid

good job

js71474
06-16-08, 7:59 am
Nice session bro, doing alot of work and that is always good to see! Like your plan of attack, way to think outside the box. Keep up the momentum!

pmug0000
06-16-08, 9:24 pm
40 minutes of cardio before breakfast today (I'll probably bump it up to 45 min. starting next week), and then some chest supersets. The numbers aren't going to look very big, but I busted my ass and gave 100% on every rep of every set. For me it was a really solid workout, here it is:

65 lbs. incline dumbbell press superset Cybex Incline Machine Press (L8):
3 sets, 6 reps incline dumbbell press, 8 reps incline cybex press
2 sets, 5 reps incline dumbbell press, 8 reps incline cybex press

155lbs. flat bench press superset 40 lbs. flat dumbbell fly:
1 set, 5 reps bench press, 8 reps dumbbell fly
1 set, 4 reps bench press, 8 reps dumbbell fly
145lbs. flat bench press superset 40 lbs. flat dumbbell fly:
1 set, 4 reps bench press, 8 reps dumbbell fly
140lbs. flat bench press superset 40 lbs. flat dumbbell fly:

Incline Smith Machine Press superset incline dumbbell fly (all sets 35 lbs.):
1 set, 5 reps incline smith press (45+10 per side), 8 reps incline fly
1 set, 7 reps incline smith press (45+5 per side), 8 reps incline fly
1 set, 8 reps incline smith press (45+2.5 per side). 8 reps incline fly
1 set, 10 reps incline smith press (45 per side), 8 reps incline fly

Cybex Cross-unders superset Cybex cross-overs
2 sets, 12 reps of each at L4
2 sets, 15 reps of each L3

DC style chest stretch for 60 seconds and was done.

It's been a while since I did flat barbell bench press and I forgot how bad I suck at those fuckers. I like inclines a lot more, but I know I need to switch things up now and then. It's also been quite a while since I used a smith machine. That was a bitch too.

So anyway later on I did the following circuit style ab workout:
Decline sit-ups x20
Knee raises x20
In and Outs x20
Bicycles x20
For 4 total circuits.

Pizzalamp
06-16-08, 11:47 pm
good stuff...i actually prefer the smith on inclines...i can really control and feel the chest working

i like the dc chest stretch too...nice

js71474
06-17-08, 8:03 am
Good job bro! Great session, and don't even sweat the numbers cause like you said, you busted your ass and gave it 100% and that is what matters! Nice!

BiG in NYC 823
06-17-08, 11:02 am
just caught up on your log and your progress from the BA log to this has been great.

No worries about numbers b/c as in G-Diesel's new article...The Powerbuilding Precepts
..in which it states: "225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I’m guilty of that shit too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the fuck on the bench. Big fucking deal. It is all relative. Heavy training is critical to the growth of thick, dense, enduring muscle. But heavy training for you, heavy training for me, heavy training for Sam Byrd and heavy training for your uncle Ned ain’t all the same thing in terms of numbers. However, it is exactly the same from an experiential perspective. The real shit, the shit that makes you grow hurts. No way around that. It is scary. It gives you the cold sweats. It strains your organs, making you feel like your guts are gonna leak outta your butthole or your brains are gonna stream outta your nose. If you’re benching 500 lbs and it doesn’t make you feel like you’re gonna die, guess what playboy? You ain’t training heavy."

"Bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow. ALWAYS. Believe that!"

pmug0000
06-17-08, 1:00 pm
good stuff...i actually prefer the smith on inclines...i can really control and feel the chest working

i like the dc chest stretch too...nice

Yeah I love ending my workouts with a dc style stretch, even though I don't train dc. I feel like it's a great way to conclude the workout.

Good job bro! Great session, and don't even sweat the numbers cause like you said, you busted your ass and gave it 100% and that is what matters! Nice!

Thanks bro, it's great to have your support!

just caught up on your log and your progress from the BA log to this has been great.

No worries about numbers b/c as in G-Diesel's new article...The Powerbuilding Precepts
..in which it states: "225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I’m guilty of that shit too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the fuck on the bench. Big fucking deal. It is all relative. Heavy training is critical to the growth of thick, dense, enduring muscle. But heavy training for you, heavy training for me, heavy training for Sam Byrd and heavy training for your uncle Ned ain’t all the same thing in terms of numbers. However, it is exactly the same from an experiential perspective. The real shit, the shit that makes you grow hurts. No way around that. It is scary. It gives you the cold sweats. It strains your organs, making you feel like your guts are gonna leak outta your butthole or your brains are gonna stream outta your nose. If you’re benching 500 lbs and it doesn’t make you feel like you’re gonna die, guess what playboy? You ain’t training heavy."

"Bigger than yesterday, smaller than tomorrow. ALWAYS. Believe that!"

Glad to have you checking in on here bro. Your input is greatly appreciated.
And yeah I read that article by G and I thought it was great. The man has a way with words.

WeaponX
06-17-08, 1:16 pm
Nice workouts man, intensity up, thats whats key, good point to G's article, nail on the head man, Ill be staying tuned, I may have to steal some material from you, hahaha, looking good man, looking forward to seeing what type of progress you make!!!!

pmug0000
06-17-08, 4:49 pm
Nice workouts man, intensity up, thats whats key, good point to G's article, nail on the head man, Ill be staying tuned, I may have to steal some material from you, hahaha, looking good man, looking forward to seeing what type of progress you make!!!!

Thanks for dropping in. None of my material is copyrighted so go ahead and try it all lol. I'm always down to incorporate new things into my workouts and I try to get creative. These supersets I'm doing right now are a great switch from a basic routine, I definitely recommend giving it a try for a few weeks! If you do, let me know how you like it.

pmug0000
06-17-08, 4:58 pm
40 min. cardio before breakfast, and later on I hit up some leg supersets. I thought last week I pushed myself to the limit on leg day, but I think today I went even harder. Here's the workout:

255 lbs. squats superset L11 Cybex Leg Extensions:
5 sets, 6 reps of squats, 10 reps of leg extensions each set

Incline Leg Press (5 plates +35 lbs. each side) superset 145 lbs. Zercher squats:
4 sets, 8 reps of each per set

145 lbs. Reverse Lunges superset Cybex 1-leg extensions (L5):
4 sets, 8 reps reverse lunges, 10 reps 1-leg extensions (each leg) per set

Extreme Quad stretch. Ouch.

195 lbs. Stiff leg dead lift superset Cybex seated leg curls (L4):
4 sets, 10 reps SLDL, 15 reps leg curls each set

Seated Calf Raise (3 plates) superset Standing Calf raise on Smith machine (2pps):
4 sets, 12 reps seated calf raise, 15 reps standing calf raise each set

And I was spent after that. Each superset was an improvement in weight or reps from last week, and hopefully I can continue that trend into next week.

js71474
06-18-08, 10:36 am
Killer leg day bro, you will be feeling that one for a few days! Congrats on the weight progressions!

Enforcer
06-18-08, 1:31 pm
40 min. cardio before breakfast, and later on I hit up some leg supersets. I thought last week I pushed myself to the limit on leg day, but I think today I went even harder. Here's the workout:

255 lbs. squats superset L11 Cybex Leg Extensions:
5 sets, 6 reps of squats, 10 reps of leg extensions each set

Incline Leg Press (5 plates +35 lbs. each side) superset 145 lbs. Zercher squats:

145 lbs. Reverse Lunges superset Cybex 1-leg extensions (L5):
4 sets, 8 reps reverse lunges, 10 reps 1-leg extensions (each leg) per set

Extreme Quad stretch. Ouch.

195 lbs. Stiff leg dead lift superset Cybex seated leg curls (L4):
4 sets, 10 reps SLDL, 15 reps leg curls each set

Seated Calf Raise (3 plates) superset Standing Calf raise on Smith machine (2pps):
4 sets, 12 reps seated calf raise, 15 reps standing calf raise each set

And I was spent after that. Each superset was an improvement in weight or reps from last week, and hopefully I can continue that trend into next week.

Superset madness bro. Nothin like coming to a fellow Animals journey and seeing this leg work. I am very impressed by this. Supersetting squats- shit I don't know many guys who would attempt that. Hell I don't know many guys that even squat anymore (fuckin posers). Good shit bro and keep up the hard work.

pmug0000
06-18-08, 4:16 pm
Killer leg day bro, you will be feeling that one for a few days! Congrats on the weight progressions!

Thanks js. Just like you hitting all those PR's, I'm just trying to improve myself from one day to the next.
And yeah I foresee quite a bit of soreness in the next 3-4 days.

pmug0000
06-18-08, 4:20 pm
Superset madness bro. Nothin like coming to a fellow Animals journey and seeing this leg work. I am very impressed by this. Supersetting squats- shit I don't know many guys who would attempt that. Hell I don't know many guys that even squat anymore (fuckin posers). Good shit bro and keep up the hard work.

If anyone knows about intensity it's you Enforcer. Any compliments coming from a man whose been there and done that such as yourself means a lot to me, and it's shit like that that keeps me pushing myself harder everyday.
You're absolutely right about most younger guys skipping the squats - maybe if they feel adventurous they'll throw in a leg extension here or there. I've already got people at my gym looking at me like I'm nuts for the shit I do (it is a YMCA after all). I think if you stepped in there they would literally shit themselves on the spot lol.

pmug0000
06-18-08, 4:27 pm
This morning before breakfast I increased cardio to 45 minutes, and I might hit up another session later because I've got work all day tomorrow and will barely have time to hit the weights, let alone get in a cardio session.
Here's today's back superset workout:

195 lbs. underhand barbell row superset V-Bar pulldowns (L11):
3 sets, 10 rows, 12 pulldowns
2 sets, 8 rows, 10 pulldowns
(My forearms were on fire after that. I think I might need to invest in some straps soon)

T-Bar rows (3 plates +25 lbs.) superset Wide Grip Pulldowns (L9):
2 sets, 10 reps T-bar rows, 12 reps pulldowns
3 sets, 8 reps rows, 10 reps pulldowns

70 lbs. dumbbell pullover superset 70 lbs. 1-arm dumbbell rows:
4 sets, 8 reps pullovers, 10 reps dumbbell rows per set

Straight arm pulldowns (L9) superset face-pulls (L6):
4 sets, 15 reps of each per set

Held an extreme pullover stretch for 60-75 sec., and that was that.

js71474
06-18-08, 7:38 pm
Way to hit that back brother! Your name should be superset king haha. Good numbers on the underhand rows and loving the t bars! Nice bro!

pmug0000
06-19-08, 8:39 pm
Well I managed to get my ass out of bed extra early today to get some cardio in before going to work. Then after work I hit some shoulders, triceps, and biceps supersets. Here is how it went:

Seated Smith Machine Shoulder Press (1 plate + 15 lbs. per side) superset 25 lbs lateral raise:
3 sets, 8 reps shoulder press, 12 reps lateral raise
2 sets, 6 reps shoulder press, 10 reps lateral raise

100 lbs. Upright Row superset 25 lbs. front raise:
4 sets, 8 reps upright row, 12 reps front raise

Dips + 45 lbs. (narrow grip, leaning back) superset Bar pressdowns (L10):
5 sets, 6 dips, 12 bar pressdowns

75 lbs. cambered bar skull-crushers superset underhand pulldowns (L6):
1 set, 8 skull crushers, 12 pulldowns
2 sets, 7 skull crushers, 12 pulldowns
1 set, 6 skull crushers, 12 pulldowns

Extreme triceps stretch.

Standing 85 lbs. Barbell Curls superset Seated 30 lbs. dumbbell incline curls:
4 sets, 6 reps barbell curls, 8 reps dumbbell incline curls

Low cable Curls superset high cable curls:
2 sets at L4: 10 reps low curls, 8 reps high curls
2 sets at L3: 12 reps of each

Extreme biceps stretch.

Done.

Pizzalamp
06-21-08, 12:09 am
damn man!!!!! awesome workout and props for getting up for am cardio

pmug0000
06-21-08, 1:59 pm
damn man!!!!! awesome workout and props for getting up for am cardio

Thanks pizzalamp. Cardio before breakfast is definitely a pain in the ass, but I've been getting great results from doing it and results are enough motivation for me to keep it up.

My cut in general is going well, even with keeping a surplus of calories and high carbs. Must be all that cardio. I think I'm going to ease up with trying to lose fat pretty soon, and start a relatively clean bulk (much cleaner than my first bulk where I put on about 30 lbs. in 3 months - too much fat though).

js71474
06-21-08, 3:00 pm
Way to kill it bro! Another solid session in the books for you. Looks like your whole arms will be seriously sore after all that. Way to go with all the supersets, keepin the blood pumpin. Good job!

pmug0000
06-21-08, 4:27 pm
Way to kill it bro! Another solid session in the books for you. Looks like your whole arms will be seriously sore after all that. Way to go with all the supersets, keepin the blood pumpin. Good job!

Thanks man. Yeah I had a nasty pump going throughout the session. I carb-load around the time of my workout and the result of that is some really sick pumps.

I'm only going to continue superset workouts for another weak (which will be a total of four weeks). After this week I'm gonna switch up the routine. I'm thinking I'll do rest-pause style workouts for about 6 weeks.

pmug0000
06-21-08, 4:37 pm
Well yesterday was an off day for me, which means I did an hour of cardio and half an hour of ab work. Today I played 1.5 hours of tennis before breakfast, probably a mistake on my part, and I was worried my workout would suffer for it. But for whatever reason the workout went very well anyway.
It was low back, traps, forearms, and calves. As usual, no straps or belt on the deadlifts.

Deadlift superset back extensions
3 sets, 335 lbs. deadlift x1, 10 back extensions + 45 lbs. plate
2 sets, 345 lbs. deadlift x1 (*PR), 10 back extensions + 45 lbs. plate
1 set, 315 lbs. deadlift x5 (*PR for reps), 10 back extensions +45 lbs. plate
I know those numbers probably don't look like much, but I was really pumped because they were PR's for me.

90 lbs. Dumbbell shrugs superset cable shrugs w/ rope (stack)
5 sets, 8 reps DB shrugs, 10 reps rope shrugs

115 lbs. behind the back wrist curls superset 45 lbs. seated wrist curls
2 sets, 8 behind the back wrist curls, 12 seated wrist curls
2 sets, 6 behind the back wrist curls, 10 seated wrist curls

Seated calf raise (3 plates + 25 lbs.) superset standing smith machine calf raise (2p+25 per side)
4 sets, 8 reps seated calf raise, 10 reps standing calf raise.

Done.

Pizzalamp
06-22-08, 9:38 pm
solid workout

haha i cant even hit the tennis ball let alone play a game

TheDarkHalf
06-22-08, 10:27 pm
I'm along for this ride - subbed!

js71474
06-23-08, 8:06 am
Pmug is getting it done in here! Bro, those numbers look great and the workouts are intense so keep up the good work and don't even think about what looks good and what don't cause you are heaving some good numbers!

pmug0000
06-23-08, 4:32 pm
solid workout

haha i cant even hit the tennis ball let alone play a game

Thanks pizzalamp.
It's never to late to pick up a tennis racquet - trust me it's worth it! Regardless of the fact that it's way more fun than jogging on treadmill for cardio, it's no-fail way to meet some sexy ladies!

pmug0000
06-23-08, 4:34 pm
I'm along for this ride - subbed!

Glad to have you along bro.

Pmug is getting it done in here! Bro, those numbers look great and the workouts are intense so keep up the good work and don't even think about what looks good and what don't cause you are heaving some good numbers!

Thanks js, same to you bud. I'm just trying to keep pace with all of your PR's!

pmug0000
06-23-08, 4:43 pm
Yesterday was an off day for me, but I still kept busy with an hour of cardio on the elliptical and an hour of tennis.

I began this morning with 45 min. cardio before breakfast. Today was the start of my last week of supersets, so I really tried to make it count. Here's the workout:

Incline Barbell Bench Press superset Incline Dumbbell Fly:
4 sets, 6 reps 150 lbs. incline bench, 8 reps 45 lbs. incline flys
1 set, 8 reps 140 lbs. incline bench, 8 reps 45 lbs. inline flys

Incline Dumbbell Press (all sets w/ 60lbs. DB's) superset Incline Cybex Press (all sets L6):
2 sets, 8 reps incline DB press, 10 reps incline cybex press
2 sets, 6 reps incline DB press, 10 reps incline cybex press
1 sets, 5 reps incline DB press, 10 reps incline cybex press

Flat Smith Machine Bench Press (1pps all sets) superset high cable crossovers (L4 all sets):
4 sets, 10 reps smith press, 12 reps cable crossovers

Flat Dumbbell Bench (50 lbs.) superset lying cable crossovers (L3):
2 sets, 8 reps DB bench, 10 reps lying crossovers
2 sets, 7 reps DB bench, 10 reps lying crossovers

DC stretch for 1 min. then done.
I started out strong, but by the end of the workout even the 50 lbs. dumbbells felt heavy as fuck. All in all I felt great about the workout though.

pmug0000
06-24-08, 4:33 pm
Today I did 45 min. cardio before breakfast then leg supersets. Good thing today was my last time doing leg supersets (for a while at least) cause I was fucking dying throughout this workout. Here it is:

260 lbs. Back Squat superset L11 Leg Extensions
5 sets, 6 reps back squat, 11 reps leg extensions

Leg Press w/ 5pps+35 superset 150 lbs. Zercher Squats

155 lbs. Reverse Lunge superset L4 Single Leg Extensions
4 sets, 9 reps reverse lunges, 12 reps leg extensions (each leg)

DC Quad stretch for 1 min. My legs were shaking like a motherfucker after that.

205 lbs. Stiff leg deadlift superset L4 Leg Curls:
4 sets, 8 reps SLDL, 15 reps leg curls

Seated Calf Raise w/ 3 plates +25 lbs. superset Standing Smith Machine Calf Raise w/ 2pps+25:
4 sets, 8 reps seated calf raise, 12 reps standing calf raise

Exhausted after that. I'll do 20-30 minutes of ab work later in the day.

js71474
06-25-08, 8:02 am
Both of those sessions were insane man! Nice way to cap off the supersets! You really hit it hard and put up good numbers! You will def. be feeling it tomorrow. Hope you can get the wheels movin haha!

pmug0000
06-25-08, 9:12 pm
Both of those sessions were insane man! Nice way to cap off the supersets! You really hit it hard and put up good numbers! You will def. be feeling it tomorrow. Hope you can get the wheels movin haha!

Oh yeah I feel the soreness setting, and it will only get worse over the next couple of days - I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

pmug0000
06-25-08, 9:16 pm
Last night after my lifting session I did about 20 min. of weighted ab work. Then started this morning out with 45 min. of cardio, and then it was time for some back supersets.

205 lbs. Underhand Barbell Rows superset L12 V-Bar Pulldowns:
3 sets, 8 reps of each
2 sets, 6 reps of each

T-Bar rows (3 plates + 35 lbs.) superset L10 behind the neck pulldowns:
5 sets, 8 reps of each

70 lbs. Dumbbell pullovers superset 70 lbs. 1 arm dumbbell rows:
4 sets, 10 reps of pullovers, 12 reps of dumbbell rows

L9 Straight arm pulldowns superset L12 Rope rows (at low pulley station):
4 sets, 15 reps of each

Then a couple hours after that did 15 min. of non-weighted ab work (since it was weighted yesterday).

js71474
06-26-08, 10:25 am
Good back work bro! Keeping the intensity up and doing work!! Nice session.

pmug0000
06-26-08, 8:14 pm
Good back work bro! Keeping the intensity up and doing work!! Nice session.

Thanks for the support js. I guarantee I'm just gonna keep busting my ass day in and day out.

pmug0000
06-26-08, 8:23 pm
Had an early day of work today, but I sucked it up and rolled out of bed early enough to get some cardio in before breakfast. And tonight hit shoulders, triceps and biceps.

Smith Machine Shoulder Press (1p+20lbs per side) superset 30 lbs. Dumbbell Lateral Raise:
5 sets, 6 reps shoulder press, 8 reps lateral raise

30 lbs. Dumbbell front raise superset 45 lbs. barbell front raise (INTENSE!!!):
4 sets, 8 reps DB front raise, 10 reps BB front raise

Dips + 45 lbs. superset L11 Bar Pressdowns:
2 sets, 8 dips, 12 pressdowns
2 sets, 6 dips, 12 pressdowns
1 set, 5 dips, 12 pressdowns

Smith Machine CGBP (1 plate +10 lbs. per side) superset 65 lbs. Dumbbell overhead extensions:
2 sets, 8 reps CGBP, 12 reps DB extensions
2 sets, 7 reps CGBP, 8 DB extensions

DC triceps stretch.

45 lbs. Dumbbell curl superset 60 lbs. Preacher curl:
1 set, 6 reps DB curls, 8 reps preacher curls
2 sets, 5 reps DB curls, 8 reps preacher curls
1 set, 4 reps DB curls, 6 reps preacher curls

(L6) Cambered Bar Curls (at pulley station) superset L5 rope curls:
4 sets, 12 reps of each

Whole upper body feels fucking fried after that.

I weighed in at 157 lbs. this morning, so I've decided next week it's time to start putting on some weight.

Pizzalamp
06-28-08, 11:09 am
awesome job

js71474
06-28-08, 12:08 pm
Good job Pmug! I know the whole upper body is fried after that!

pmug0000
06-28-08, 12:53 pm
awesome job

Thanks pizzalamp. I got the idea for those front barbell raises from your journey. I never leave you any messages (seems like you've already got a fan club of about 20 people) but you do some very creative lifting (I remember seeing some leg tri-sets and some other crazy shit) and you're kicking ass on a daily basis as well.

Good job Pmug! I know the whole upper body is fried after that!

Fuck yeah it felt great.

pmug0000
06-28-08, 9:16 pm
Yesterday was kind of an off day for me, I did 35 min. cardio before breakfast, 1 hour of cardio later on an empty stomach, and 15 min. of ab work.

Today I started with 45 min. cardio before breakfast, then hit the gym. Last day of supersets, so of course I went all out.

345 lbs. Deadlift superset Back extensions (holding 50 lbs. dumbbell):
3 sets, 1 deadlift, 8 back extensions

350 lbs. Deadlift (*New PR) superset back extensions (holding 50 lbs. dumbbell):
2 sets, 1 deadlift, 8 back extensions

315 lbs. Deadlift superset bodyweight back extensions:
1 set, 7 deadlifts (*PR for reps), 15 back extensions

90 lbs. Dumbbell shrugs superset narrow grip cambered bar shrugs (at low cable pulley):
5 sets, 10 Dumbbell shrugs, 12 cambered bar shrugs (w/ the stack)

115 lbs. behind the back wrist curls superset 45 lbs. seated wrist curls:
4 sets, 10 behind the back wrist curls, 12 seated wrist curls

Standing smith machine calf raise (2p+25 p.s.) superset seated calf raise (3p+25):
4 sets, 12 standing calf raise, 10 seated calf raise

Love those pr's on the deadlifts. In the last 2 months I've gone up about 35 lbs. on deads. If only that carried over to my bench press.

Later in the day I played tennis for 75 minutes.

New routine coming up starting on Monday.

js71474
06-30-08, 8:20 am
Huge congrats on all the PR's bro!! Insane session there man, keep it up!

pmug0000
06-30-08, 4:53 pm
Huge congrats on all the PR's bro!! Insane session there man, keep it up!

Thanks js. I'm starting a new routine now, so no supersets, but every training session will be no less intense!

pmug0000
06-30-08, 5:00 pm
Yesterday was an off day before I got started on my new routine. But I still got in 45 minutes of cardio before breafast, and then another hour of cardio later on an empty stomach.

Today I started out as usual with 45 min. cardio before breakfast, then it was time for something different at the gym. Now that I'm done with 4 weeks of supersets, I'm gonna go with 6-8 weeks of rest-pausing workouts. Today was Day 1, and I think it went well, but I'm looking forward to all these numbers going up from week to week.

Incline Barbell Bench:
95x15
115x10
135x8
155x6
165x2 +1 +1

Flat Dumbbell Bench:
50x10
60x8
65x6
70x5 +2 +1

Incline Dumbbell Press:
40x12
50x9
55x7
60x6 +3 +2

Flat Smith Machine Press:
1pps x12
1p+5 p.s. x9
1p+10 p.s. x6
1p +15 p.s. x4 +3 +2

Incline Fly:
30x15
35x12
40x8
45x5 +4 +3

Cybex Seated Chest Press:
90x12 +8 +6

DC chest stretch for about a minute and was done.

Later on I'll do some ab work on an empty stomach.

js71474
07-01-08, 7:48 am
Way to hit that chest bro, love the volume of your session, you will def. feel that one later! Always throwing in the intensity boosters is the way to go, adds a nice pump. Props to you for all that cardio. Great job Pmug!

pmug0000
07-01-08, 10:40 pm
Only 25 minutes of cardio this morning, I wanted to keep my legs nice and fresh for the weights. Here's the first rest-pause style leg workout:

Back Squats:
135x15
185x10
225x8
255x6
275x3 +2 +1

Leg Press:
4pps x15
5pps x12
6pps x8
7pps x3 +2 +1

Zercher Squats:
105x15
155x9
185x4 +2 +1

Leg Extensions:
L8x15
L10x15
L12x12
L14x8 +6 +5

DC Quad stretch. Fuck that hurt.

Stiff-leg Deadlift:
135x15
185x12
205x10
225x7 +5 +3

Lying Leg curl:
L3x20
L4x15
L5x8 +5 +4

Seated Calf Raise:
2px15
3px12
3p+25lbs. x10
4p x5 +4 +4

Done. A couple hours after I did 20 minutes of ab work. I was tired as shit but it was still a decent workout.

pmug0000
07-01-08, 10:42 pm
Way to hit that chest bro, love the volume of your session, you will def. feel that one later! Always throwing in the intensity boosters is the way to go, adds a nice pump. Props to you for all that cardio. Great job Pmug!

Yeah I'm definitely feeling that chest session from yesterday, and I'm even feeling legs from earlier today - that's a very bad sign for the next few days to come lol. My body is definitely noticing the shock of switching from all supersets workouts to rest-pause workouts. Should definitely spark some growth.

js71474
07-02-08, 8:10 am
Yeah I'm definitely feeling that chest session from yesterday, and I'm even feeling legs from earlier today - that's a very bad sign for the next few days to come lol. My body is definitely noticing the shock of switching from all supersets workouts to rest-pause workouts. Should definitely spark some growth.
Yea brother the way you are hitting it growth is a sure bet. Nice leg day, great numbers all around! I know the rest pauses are pure hell especially on legs. You are doing great man keep it up!

pmug0000
07-02-08, 4:52 pm
Yea brother the way you are hitting it growth is a sure bet. Nice leg day, great numbers all around! I know the rest pauses are pure hell especially on legs. You are doing great man keep it up!

Thanks js, you're killing it everyday too.

45 min. of cardio before breakfast today, then back training with some rest-pause action.

Pullups:
BWx10
+10 lbs. x6
+20 lbs. x5
+25 lbs. x2 +2 +1

V-Bar Pulldowns:
L8x15
L10x12
L12x8
L13x4 +2 +1

T-Bar Rows:
2p x15
3p x12
3p+25lbs. x8
4p x5 +3 +2

Behind the Neck Pulldowns:
L6 x15
L8 x12
L10 x9
L11 x5 +3 +3

Rack Pulls (2nd pin from bottom, 6 inches below the knee):
135x15
185x10
225x8
275x6
315x3 +2 +1

Straight arm pulldowns:
L11 x8 +5 +5

DC Lat stretch.

I loved that workout today I was feeling really pumped. Those rack pulls were harder than I thought, probably because where the pins were set I wasn't getting any leg involvement, just back. They felt good though. Hopefully those pulls don't fuck up my deadlifts on Saturday.

LegendKillerJosh
07-02-08, 5:01 pm
^^^Wow that is a lot for back, every angle, multiple sets till failure, rest pause, good lord that is sick shit.

TheDarkHalf
07-02-08, 8:17 pm
so i'm a little confused by rest-pause. Are you resting 10-15 sec between each rep or each set?

Pizzalamp
07-02-08, 8:26 pm
good job on your workout...im loving the rack pulls

hey do u take anything before cardio??

pmug0000
07-02-08, 11:21 pm
^^^Wow that is a lot for back, every angle, multiple sets till failure, rest pause, good lord that is sick shit.

Thanks bro. I love hitting back and I always make sure to bust my ass as hard as I possibly can.

so i'm a little confused by rest-pause. Are you resting 10-15 sec between each rep or each set?

Between most sets I rest about 60 seconds, but in the places where I put a "+" that means I rest about 20 seconds (so x4 +2 +1 means 4 reps, rest 20 sec., 2 reps, rest 20 sec., 1 rep). It helps to squeeze out more reps on my heaviest sets than I normally would be able to do with straight sets, but it's not like doing multiple sets.
Did that make sense?

good job on your workout...im loving the rack pulls

hey do u take anything before cardio??

Thanks man but I sure as hell wasn't loving the rack pulls lol I was fucking spent.

Right now I just drink a big ass cup of ice water (about 16 oz.) to get my metabolism going, and sometimes I'll drink a cup of coffee. I just ordered some liquid L-cartinite which I'll start taking before cardio. I read in Tiny's thread that the liquid L-cartinite is some great shit before cardio because it'll almost immediately have all of your energy come from fat, so I can't wait to get my hands on that.

js71474
07-03-08, 1:49 pm
Sick back work bro! Like those numbers on the rack pulls, that will up your deads for sure. Great job man!

Toni69
07-03-08, 1:55 pm
kick ass back day man..love the rack pulls...NICE!

TheDarkHalf
07-03-08, 7:39 pm
Gotcha man. Workouts are looking solid, keep it up!

pmug0000
07-03-08, 10:01 pm
Sick back work bro! Like those numbers on the rack pulls, that will up your deads for sure. Great job man!

kick ass back day man..love the rack pulls...NICE!

Thanks guys (and gals - Toni). They might not be the biggest numbers, but I'm 143 pounds of effort (and 14 pounds of fat lol). To be honest I was disappointed with the rack pulls - I can deadlift well more than I pulled yesterday. Probably my back was already just too tired, or at the height the pins were set I wasn't getting any lower body recruitment.

Gotcha man. Workouts are looking solid, keep it up!

Thanks bro same to you

pmug0000
07-03-08, 10:13 pm
Had to get up super early for work today, but I managed 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast anyway. Maybe a mistake because I felt like I was sleepwalking all day. But I woke myself up for the workout. It was some shoulders, tri's, and traps rest-pause action.

Smith Machine Shoulder Press:
1ppsx15
1p+15p.s.x8
1p+20p.s.x6
1p+25p.s.x3 +2 +2

DB Lateral Raise:
20x12
25sx10
30sx8
35sx5 +3 +2

DB Bent Raise:
15sx15
20sx12
25sx10
30sx5 +4 +2

Standing Arnold Press (been I while since I did these bad boys):
20sx15
25sx12
30sx10
35sx8
40sx6 +3 +3

Dips:
BWx15
+25lbs. x10
+45lbs. x8
+70lbs. x3 +2 +1

Smith machine Close grip bench press:
1pps x12
1p+10 p.s. x10
1p +15 p.s. x8
1p +20 p.s. x4 +2 +1

Bar Pressdowns:
L9x15
L10x12
L11x10
L12x7 +5 +4

DC ticeps stretch.

Barbell Shrugs:
135x20
225x8
315x5 +4 +4

Dumbbell Shrugs:
70x15
80sx10
90sx8
100sx5 +4 +3

Done. And tired.

Merry 4th of July everyone.

LegendKillerJosh
07-03-08, 10:34 pm
Had to get up super early for work today, but I managed 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast anyway. Maybe a mistake because I felt like I was sleepwalking all day. But I woke myself up for the workout. It was some shoulders, tri's, and traps rest-pause action.

1ppsx15
1p+15p.s.x8
1p+20p.s.x6
1p+25p.s.x3 +2 +2

DB Lateral Raise:
20x12
25sx10
30sx8
35sx5 +3 +2

DB Bent Raise:
15sx15
20sx12
25sx10
30sx5 +4 +2

Standing Arnold Press (been I while since I did these bad boys):
20sx15
25sx12
30sx10
35sx8
40sx6 +3 +3

Dips:
BWx15
+25lbs. x10
+45lbs. x8
+70lbs. x3 +2 +1

Smith machine Close grip bench press:
1pps x12
1p+10 p.s. x10
1p +15 p.s. x8
1p +20 p.s. x4 +2 +1

Bar Pressdowns:
L9x15
L10x12
L11x10
L12x7 +5 +4

DC ticeps stretch.

Barbell Shrugs:
135x20
225x8
315x5 +4 +4

Dumbbell Shrugs:
70x15
80sx10
90sx8
100sx5 +4 +3

Done. And tired.

Merry 4th of July everyone.

Everything looking good...now relax on the 4th by sleeping in and barbecueing all day bro.

Pizzalamp
07-05-08, 12:04 pm
awesome workout!!!!!!
hope the 4th was good for you!

pmug0000
07-05-08, 8:30 pm
Everything looking good...now relax on the 4th by sleeping in and barbecueing all day bro.

Thanks bro. You read my mind about the 4th.

awesome workout!!!!!!
hope the 4th was good for you!

Thanks pizzalamp. Yeah the 4th was nice - lots of barbecue. Sorry yours got rained out!

pmug0000
07-05-08, 9:36 pm
Yesterday I took it pretty easy, just some cardio and ab work, and a lot of barbecued ribs and chicken.

Today I started with 45 minutes of cardio before breakfast, and then hit the gym for some low back, bi's, and forearms work. I was a little worried that doing rack pulls on wednesday would've fucked up my deads today, but I think it actually worked out very well.

Deadlifts:
135x15
225x10
275x8
315x6
345x3 +1 +1 (rest-pause)

Back Extensions:
BWx20
+35lbs. x15
+70lbs. x6 +4 +3

Barbell Curls:
45x20
65x15
75x10
85x8
95x4 +1 +1

Incline Curls:
20x15
25x12
30x8
35x5 +4 +3

Preacher Curls (w/ cambered bar)
45x15
60x10
70x8
75x5 +4 +4

Reverse Curls:
30x20
45x12
60x5 +4 +3

Seated Wrist Curls:
30x15
45x12
60x6 +4 +4

A couple hours after the workout I played about an hour of tennis for a little more cardio.
I was fucking pumped about those deads today, but I think that two of the 45 lbs. plates a put on were not really 45 lbs., they felt like 41 or something but fuck it I'm still happy about that session.

Pizzalamp
07-05-08, 9:44 pm
very cool session bro
very strong in the deads and incline curls!!!

js71474
07-06-08, 1:40 pm
Those last two sessions were insane bro!!! Look at that 345 deads with rest pauses....way to go Pmug!!!! Love all that work you're putting in, you are killing it! All around good stuff here!

pmug0000
07-07-08, 4:36 pm
very cool session bro
very strong in the deads and incline curls!!!

Those last two sessions were insane bro!!! Look at that 345 deads with rest pauses....way to go Pmug!!!! Love all that work you're putting in, you are killing it! All around good stuff here!

Thanks fellas. I kinda surprised myself with the deads. Those are great numbers for me and I'm really happy with how I'm progressing. I'm gonna keep up with rack pulls on Wednesday and deadlifts on saturday since it seemed to work well last week.

pmug0000
07-07-08, 4:43 pm
Off from the gym yesterday. Just did some cardio and rested up.

Today began with 45 minutes of cardio before breakfast, then a couple hours later worked chest. I got a few more reps than last week on all of my exercises, so I guess the first week of rest pause was a success.

Incline Barbell Bench:
barx20
95x15
115x12
135x9
155x6
165x2 +2 +2

Flat Dumbbell Press:
50sx12
60sx10
65sx8
70sx5 +3 +2

Incline Dumbbell Press:
40x12
50x10
55x8
60x6 +4 +3

Flat Smith Press (Bar going from chest to half-way up so triceps would not get involved):
1ppsx15
1p +5lbs. p.s. x10
1p +10lbs. p.s. x8
1p +15lbs. p.s. x5 +3 +3

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
30sx15
35sx12
40sx9
45sx7 +4 +4

Cybex Chest Press:
90x18 +12 +11

DC chest stretch for 1 minute.

I'll do some ab work later on.

js71474
07-07-08, 4:54 pm
Good numbers you're putting up P! Like the half reps on the smith press, I know you could feel the load directly on the pecs. The rest pauses are taking off for you, that's some solid added intensity. Great job!

Pizzalamp
07-07-08, 9:19 pm
awesome bro...very good!

TheDarkHalf
07-08-08, 2:30 pm
Yea man everything is looking solid. Looks like those rest-pauses are working great!

Maharg
07-08-08, 2:38 pm
How do you like the Rest pause style of training?

pmug0000
07-08-08, 4:31 pm
Good numbers you're putting up P! Like the half reps on the smith press, I know you could feel the load directly on the pecs. The rest pauses are taking off for you, that's some solid added intensity. Great job!

Thanks js. Yeah those half reps really tough for me because they isolate the chest, but I know if I want my numbers to increase I've got to put a lot of work in.

awesome bro...very good!

Thanks pizzalamp, I'm glad to have your support.

Yea man everything is looking solid. Looks like those rest-pauses are working great!

Yeah I'm loving em. I think this will be a great way to get my numbers up. How did you like them?

How do you like the Rest pause style of training?

Well I've been doing it for 9 days, so it's kinda hard to give an accurate review. But so far I'm getting more reps on each lift than last week, so all I can say is so far so good. I'm stick with this for probably 8 weeks or so, and I expect some solid gains within that time.

Hit legs today, so I skipped cardio before breakfast, and just did some ab work. I think it was well worth it because I felt really strong today. Same as yesterday, I was able to get a few more reps on every exercise than I managed last week.

Back Squats:
135x15
185x12
225x9
255x6
275x4 +2 +2

Leg Press:
4ppsx15
5ppsx12
6ppsx9
7ppsx4 +3 +2

Zercher Squats:
135x12
155x9
185x5 +3 +2

Leg Extensions:
L8x20
L10x15
L12x12
L14x9 +6 +6

DC Quad Stretch for 1 min. I was having some fucking leg spasms or something after that my quads were shaking like crazy.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts:
135x15
185x12
205x10
225x8 +6 +4

Seated Leg Curl:
50x20
70x15
90x9 +6 +6

Seated Calf Raise:
2p x20
3p x15
3p+25 lbs. x12
4p x6 +5 +4

js71474
07-08-08, 4:43 pm
Looking great Pmug, nice volume for a leg day. You will feel that one for sure! Reps are coming up, getting stronger bro!

TheDarkHalf
07-08-08, 6:27 pm
Yeah I'm loving em. I think this will be a great way to get my numbers up. How did you like them?

I'm liking them a lot as well. I threw some more into today's workout, which I should have posted up sometime this evening. Your leg workout today looked great btw - talk about work son!

pmug0000
07-08-08, 10:19 pm
Looking great Pmug, nice volume for a leg day. You will feel that one for sure! Reps are coming up, getting stronger bro!

Thanks js. I'm just trying to get stronger from week to week. Slowly but surely the numbers are looking better.

I'm liking them a lot as well. I threw some more into today's workout, which I should have posted up sometime this evening. Your leg workout today looked great btw - talk about work son!

Yeah I like hitting all the different angles and putting in a lot of work. If I'm gonna keep improving I know I've gotta do the work.
I take in a shitload of calories immediately before, during, and immediately after my workout, so I've always got plenty of fuel in the tank.

pmug0000
07-09-08, 4:47 pm
40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, then hit back at the gym. I did some rack pulls again this week, and I realize that I'm stronger on deadlifts than rack pulls. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around, but fuck it, whatever. Here's the workout:

Pullups:
BWx10
+10lbs. x6
+20lbs. x5
+25lbs. x4 +2 +2

Close-grip Underhand Pulldowns:
L8x20
L10x14
L12x10
L13x5 +3 +2

Yates-style barbell rows:
135x20
185x12
205x7
225x4 +3 +2

T-Bar Rows:
2p x20
3p x15
3p +25lbs. x9
4p x6 +3 +3

L6x20
L8x12
L10x10
L11x6 +4 +3

Rack Pulls (3rd pin from bottom, about 2 inches below knees):
135x15
225x10
315x5
345x3 +2 +1

Straight arm pulldowns:
L11x9 +6 +5

DC lat stretch. I'll do some ab work later.

js71474
07-09-08, 4:49 pm
Back like crack...lol. Good day today bro, moving some good weight around! Another good one in the books!

TheDarkHalf
07-09-08, 7:38 pm
40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, then hit back at the gym. I did some rack pulls again this week, and I realize that I'm stronger on deadlifts than rack pulls. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around, but fuck it, whatever. Here's the workout:

Pullups:
BWx10
+10lbs. x6
+20lbs. x5
+25lbs. x4 +2 +2

Close-grip Underhand Pulldowns:
L8x20
L10x14
L12x10
L13x5 +3 +2

Yates-style barbell rows:
135x20
185x12
205x7
225x4 +3 +2

T-Bar Rows:
2p x20
3p x15
3p +25lbs. x9
4p x6 +3 +3

L6x20
L8x12
L10x10
L11x6 +4 +3

Rack Pulls (3rd pin from bottom, about 2 inches below knees):
135x15
225x10
315x5
345x3 +2 +1

Straight arm pulldowns:
L11x9 +6 +5

DC lat stretch. I'll do some ab work later.

Damn man we are gonna have to throw down some iron when you get back to GW. I like the intensity of your WOs!

pmug0000
07-09-08, 9:43 pm
Back like crack...lol. Good day today bro, moving some good weight around! Another good one in the books!

Thanks js. I give everything I can to have every day be a good one.

Damn man we are gonna have to throw down some iron when you get back to GW. I like the intensity of your WOs!

Yeah absolutely we should try to work something out!

Maharg
07-09-08, 9:50 pm
Nice back day man, and i am with you on the deads vs rack pulls. Deads are much better for me.

pmug0000
07-09-08, 11:39 pm
Nice back day man, and i am with you on the deads vs rack pulls. Deads are much better for me.

I love 'em both. No better feeling than pulling as much weight as you can handle. The one thing I like more about deads (other than being stronger with them) is that there is no cheating - you can either pick up the weight or you can't.

TheDarkHalf
07-10-08, 1:42 am
I love 'em both. No better feeling than pulling as much weight as you can handle. The one thing I like more about deads (other than being stronger with them) is that there is no cheating - you can either pick up the weight or you can't.

X2

hacer trampa es no bueno!!

pmug0000
07-10-08, 10:18 pm
X2

hacer trampa es no bueno!!

No habla espanol senor.

Skipped cardio this morning to get a little extra sleep before work. It felt great. Since I'm not really trying to cut down anymore I don't mind skipping cardio once in a while. Had a great shoulders, traps, and triceps workout tonight though.

1ppsx12
1p +15ps x9
1p +20ps x6
1p +25ps x4 +3 +2

Dumbbell Lateral Raise:
20sx15
25sx12
30sx9
35sx6 +4 +2

Dumbbell Bent Lateral Raise:
15sx20
20sx15
25sx12
30sx6 +5 +3

Standing Arnold Press:
20sx15
25sx12
30sx10
35sx8
40sx6 +4 +4

Barbell Shrugs:
135x20
225x12
315x5 +5 +4

Dumbbell Shrugs:
70sx15
80sx12
90sx9
100sx6 +4 +2

Dips:
BWx20
+25lbs. x12
+45lbs. x8
+70lbs. x4 +3 +2

Close Grip Bench Press (on smith machine):
1ppsx15
1p +10 ps x11
1p +15 ps x7
1p +20 ps x5 +2 +2

Bar Pressdowns:
L9x20
L10x15
L11x12
L12x8 +6 +4

DC triceps stretch.

Off from the gym tomorrow, but I'll get some cardio and abs in.

js71474
07-11-08, 10:30 am
You are putting in some major work bro, love it!! Nice workout and great volume too. You will gain keeping up those kind of sessions!

Pizzalamp
07-11-08, 8:32 pm
that was a solid session bro...you are truly giving it your all

pmug0000
07-12-08, 5:29 pm
Yesterday was an off day from the gym for me, but I got in 1 hour of cardio and some ab work.

Today I woke up and my lower back felt like shit. I think I slept on it wrong, or fucked it up at work or something because I was in pain. I thought maybe I would skip the gym since it is deadlift day, and it doesn't seem like a good idea to deadlift when your lower back feels like shit. But I did anyway because I'm stubborn. No deadlifting PR's today, but I'm just happy I got some good work in and didn't seriously injure my back.
Oh yeah I did about 40 min. cardio before breakfast today.

Deadlift:
135x15
225x10
275x8
315x6
345x3 +1 +1

Back Extensions:
BWx20
+35lbs. plate x15
+70 (2 35lbs. plates) x7 +5 +3

Barbell Curls:
Bar (45 lbs.) x20
65x15
75x10
85x8
95x5 +2 +2

Incline Curls:
20x15
25x12
30x8
35x6 +4 +4

Preacher Curls w/ cambered bar:
45x15
60x12
70x8
75x6 +5 +4

Reverse Curls:
30x20
45x15
60x6 +5 +4

Wrist Curls:
30x20
45x12
60x7 +5 +4

Stretched out my biceps and forearms and that was it.

TheDarkHalf
07-12-08, 6:05 pm
Yea man be careful with your lower back. My back still isn't right after I herniated a disc what seems like ages ago. It an injury that will most likely bother me on and off for the rest of my life. Somedays my back feels great, other days it doesn't. I can't sit and play the guitar for my than 30 mins without my lower back starting to hurt.

pmug0000
07-12-08, 6:55 pm
You are putting in some major work bro, love it!! Nice workout and great volume too. You will gain keeping up those kind of sessions!

Thanks js. Just like you I'm giving each workout everything I've got. I know if I want the gains I've got to keep going as hard as ever.

that was a solid session bro...you are truly giving it your all

Thanks pizzalamp. You're support definitely helps me push myself to the limit. I'm just trying to catch up to you one day.

Yea man be careful with your lower back. My back still isn't right after I herniated a disc what seems like ages ago. It an injury that will most likely bother me on and off for the rest of my life. Somedays my back feels great, other days it doesn't. I can't sit and play the guitar for my than 30 mins without my lower back starting to hurt.

Wow that's rough. I probably should take better care of myself and listen to my body when it tells me that maybe I should take it easy.

But until then it's balls to the wall lol.

Roland
07-12-08, 9:13 pm
Yesterday was an off day from the gym for me, but I got in 1 hour of cardio and some ab work.

Today I woke up and my lower back felt like shit. I think I slept on it wrong, or fucked it up at work or something because I was in pain. I thought maybe I would skip the gym since it is deadlift day, and it doesn't seem like a good idea to deadlift when your lower back feels like shit. But I did anyway because I'm stubborn. No deadlifting PR's today, but I'm just happy I got some good work in and didn't seriously injure my back.
Oh yeah I did about 40 min. cardio before breakfast today.

Deadlift:
135x15
225x10
275x8
315x6
345x3 +1 +1

Back Extensions:
BWx20
+35lbs. plate x15
+70 (2 35lbs. plates) x7 +5 +3

Barbell Curls:
Bar (45 lbs.) x20
65x15
75x10
85x8
95x5 +2 +2

Incline Curls:
20x15
25x12
30x8
35x6 +4 +4

45x15
60x12
70x8
75x6 +5 +4

Reverse Curls:
30x20
45x15
60x6 +5 +4

Wrist Curls:
30x20
45x12
60x7 +5 +4

Stretched out my biceps and forearms and that was it.

Strong workout my man!

Pizzalamp
07-12-08, 10:04 pm
good job bro, workout looking solid, and good job w/ your cardiooooooooooooo...im so sorry to hear about your lower back...i hope it gets better soon
have a good sunday

pmug0000
07-13-08, 8:25 pm
Strong workout my man!

Thanks Roland. I know you're all about the DC training, and I've sorta just started fucking around with some of the techniques. I'm loving the rest-pauses and the extreme stretches - I never thought stretching could be so intense!! Now I'm hooked.

good job bro, workout looking solid, and good job w/ your cardiooooooooooooo...im so sorry to hear about your lower back...i hope it gets better soon
have a good sunday

Thanks pizzalamp. No worries about the lower back - felt a little better today, and I'm sure it'll be completely better soon. I think I tweaked it rearranging file cabinets at my work. Those bastards were heavy but I was trying to show off to the ladies I work with lol.

Off from the gym today. I got in 50 min. of cardio before breakfast, and 1.5 hours of tennis. Can't wait to get back in the gym tomorrow.

Pizzalamp
07-13-08, 9:27 pm
glad its feeling better...have a good workout tommorow

js71474
07-14-08, 8:04 am
Hope you enjoyed the rest, looking forward to today's work!

pmug0000
07-14-08, 4:16 pm
glad its feeling better...have a good workout tommorow

Thanks for your concern pizzalamp, I'm sure it's nothing serious though.

Hope you enjoyed the rest, looking forward to today's work!

Fuck no I didn't enjoy the rest! Not much I'd rather do than hit the weights, and really that's what I look forward to on off days.

Cardio before breakfast as usual, then did some rest-pause chest work. Today's workout was about as good as I could ask for as far as chest is concerned. Smashed all my numbers from last week, I think the rest-pause will really pay off if stick with it for a while. Pretty much all of my heavier sets were PRs for reps today.

Incline Barbell Bench Press:
95x15
115x12
135x10
155x7
165x3 +2 +2

Flat Dumbbell Press:
50sx12
60sx10
65sx8
70sx6 +3 +2

Incline Dumbbell Press:
40sx12
50sx8 (don't what the fuck happened there)
55sx9
60sx8 +4 +3

Flat Smith machine bench Press (all reps bottom half of a full press):
1ppsx15
1p+5 ps x10
1p+10 ps x8
1p+15 ps x6 +4 +4

Incline Flyes:
30sx15
35sx12
40sx9
45sx8 +4 +4

Cybex Chest Press:
90x20
110x12 +7 +7

DC Chest stretch for about 1min.

js71474
07-14-08, 4:20 pm
Hard hittin chest day Pmug! PR's on all your heavy work is great, and I hear ya on the rest days, I hate them for the same reason. Keep truckin bro, doing some hellacious work!

Littlefry
07-15-08, 12:45 pm
Solid chest workout pmug. Rest-pause is a great technique to increase in both size and strength it gives your muscle fibers a different taxing effect which is always good, as I say change can lead to the greatest gains in the gym

pmug0000
07-15-08, 4:57 pm
Hard hittin chest day Pmug! PR's on all your heavy work is great, and I hear ya on the rest days, I hate them for the same reason. Keep truckin bro, doing some hellacious work!

Thanks js. You know I'll just keep pounding away.

Solid chest workout pmug. Rest-pause is a great technique to increase in both size and strength it gives your muscle fibers a different taxing effect which is always good, as I say change can lead to the greatest gains in the gym

Yeah I think I've been missing out by not changing my routine enough. Lately I've been switching things around a lot more and I'm definitely noticing improvements.

Legs today, so no morning cardio. I felt kind of off going into the workout because I just found out my parents are moving to Tennessee, so I guess now I need to say 'see ya, it was nice knowing you' to all of the friends I've had since grade school because I'll probably never see them again after the move. That's a weird feeling.

But back to the topic at hand, it was a good workout anyway. Beat all my numbers from last week. I puked twice which isn't all that unexpected on leg day, but I was surprised at the times I puked - leg extensions and calf raises. WTF??

Back Squats:
135x20
185x15
225x10
255x8
275x6 +3 +2

Leg Press:
4ppsx15
5ppsx12
6ppsx9
7ppsx5 +4 +2

Zercher Squats:
135x15
155x10
185x6 +3 +3

Leg Extensions:
L8x20
L10x15
L12x12
L14x10 +7 (puke) +6

Hit a DC quad stretch for 1 min. then cleaned up after myself.

Stiff Leg Deadlift:
135x20
185x15
205x12
225x10 +6 +5

Seated Leg Curls:
50x20
70x15
90x10 +7 +6

Seated Calf Raise:
2p x25
3p x20
3p+25 x15
4p x8 +7 (puke) +6

Cleaned up then left.

Pizzalamp
07-15-08, 5:38 pm
great workout...those extensions sound rough, very rough

TheDarkHalf
07-15-08, 8:26 pm
Legs today, so no morning cardio. I felt kind of off going into the workout because I just found out my parents are moving to Tennessee, so I guess now I need to say 'see ya, it was nice knowing you' to all of the friends I've had since grade school because I'll probably never see them again after the move. That's a weird feeling.

But back to the topic at hand, it was a good workout anyway. Beat all my numbers from last week. I puked twice which isn't all that unexpected on leg day, but I was surprised at the times I puked - leg extensions and calf raises. WTF??

Yo man, don't sweat it about the move. You'll make new friends and meet new people. There is are no goodbyes, only see you later. The friends that you're close with, those ones that are important in your life - you'll still talk to them and take trips to see them. Yea man it's weird, but there is always a period of letting go before taking the next step!

Numbers are looking solid man - keep up the good work! I hope you made it to the garbage can before you puked bro!

pmug0000
07-15-08, 9:26 pm
great workout...those extensions sound rough, very rough
Yeah, I guess anything that induces vomit is pretty rough. But to be honest I thought the squats and Leg presses were much much harder.

Yo man, don't sweat it about the move. You'll make new friends and meet new people. There is are no goodbyes, only see you later. The friends that you're close with, those ones that are important in your life - you'll still talk to them and take trips to see them. Yea man it's weird, but there is always a period of letting go before taking the next step!

Numbers are looking solid man - keep up the good work! I hope you made it to the garbage can before you puked bro!

Thanks bro. And no, I actually didn't get up from my seat either time I puked. I had to finish the rest-pause set lol. There was no one else in the free-weight room anyway, so I just got some paper towels and wiped the shit up after the set was over.

I'm probably making the move more of an issue than I should. We're like family out here, but I've been getting myself into trouble with these people for the past 10 years. Multiple arrests are on my record and I've spent a number of nights in jail because of the 'good times' we had. We've been drifting apart because I dropped all the drugs and heavy drinking anyway. Time to move on I guess.

BigAnt
07-15-08, 10:05 pm
Thanks js. You know I'll just keep pounding away.

Yeah I think I've been missing out by not changing my routine enough. Lately I've been switching things around a lot more and I'm definitely noticing improvements.

Back Squats:
135x20
185x15
225x10
255x8
275x6 +3 +2

Leg Press:
4ppsx15
5ppsx12
6ppsx9
7ppsx5 +4 +2

Zercher Squats:
135x15
155x10
185x6 +3 +3

Leg Extensions:
L8x20
L10x15
L12x12
L14x10 +7 (puke) +6

Hit a DC quad stretch for 1 min. then cleaned up after myself.

Stiff Leg Deadlift:
135x20
185x15
205x12
225x10 +6 +5

Seated Leg Curls:
50x20
70x15
90x10 +7 +6

Seated Calf Raise:
2p x25
3p x20
3p+25 x15
4p x8 +7 (puke) +6

Cleaned up then left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice lower day---how is your back feeling?

TheDarkHalf
07-15-08, 10:27 pm
Yeah, I guess anything that induces vomit is pretty rough. But to be honest I thought the squats and Leg presses were much much harder.

Thanks bro. And no, I actually didn't get up from my seat either time I puked. I had to finish the rest-pause set lol. There was no one else in the free-weight room anyway, so I just got some paper towels and wiped the shit up after the set was over.

I'm probably making the move more of an issue than I should. We're like family out here, but I've been getting myself into trouble with these people for the past 10 years. Multiple arrests are on my record and I've spent a number of nights in jail because of the 'good times' we had. We've been drifting apart because I dropped all the drugs and heavy drinking anyway. Time to move on I guess.

That's about as animal as you can get bro! Right there on the floor lolol!

Hey man I hear you. Leaving the mid-west and all my friends behind to move out here to DC was tough. But my friends are in the same spot yours were.....all they were and are doing still to this day - drugs, getting arrested, DUIs. And when i'm in that environment, that's all I want to do is be an alcoholic, do as many drugs as I can, and sell them like they are going out of style so I can do them for free. Plus you know how it is in the mid-west, there is nothing better to do than sit around and smoke pot all day. All stuff that will tear your house down brother.

js71474
07-16-08, 7:52 am
Killer leg day bro, very intense and losing your cookies was your body's way of saying 'this shit hurts'!! Very NICE!! I know you are bummed about the move but sounds like it may be a good thing, as others have said you will meet new people and before long you will hit your stride there. Keep your head up P, and stay strong! You are making huge gains and working your ass off, props to you!

pmug0000
07-16-08, 12:45 pm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice lower day---how is your back feeling?

Thanks for checking up on me BigAnt! I think my back is good. It started to get sore during the squats yesterday, but it always does because I never use a belt, and this morning I woke up with no soreness. Thanks for asking, and stop by anytime! How are you doing?

That's about as animal as you can get bro! Right there on the floor lolol!

Hey man I hear you. Leaving the mid-west and all my friends behind to move out here to DC was tough. But my friends are in the same spot yours were.....all they were and are doing still to this day - drugs, getting arrested, DUIs. And when i'm in that environment, that's all I want to do is be an alcoholic, do as many drugs as I can, and sell them like they are going out of style so I can do them for free. Plus you know how it is in the mid-west, there is nothing better to do than sit around and smoke pot all day. All stuff that will tear your house down brother.

Yeah sounds like you've got the idea of my town pinned. Did you live in the midwest?

Killer leg day bro, very intense and losing your cookies was your body's way of saying 'this shit hurts'!! Very NICE!! I know you are bummed about the move but sounds like it may be a good thing, as others have said you will meet new people and before long you will hit your stride there. Keep your head up P, and stay strong! You are making huge gains and working your ass off, props to you!

Thanks js, I really appreciate your support brotha!

Did some cardio before breakfast today, in couple hours I'm hitting back at the gym. I'll post it up when I'm done.

TheDarkHalf
07-16-08, 3:19 pm
Yeah sounds like you've got the idea of my town pinned. Did you live in the midwest?

Yea man, I was born and raise in Peoria, IL. That's right smack dab in the middle of IL. Did my undergraduate work at Bradley University.

pmug0000
07-16-08, 5:15 pm
Yea man, I was born and raise in Peoria, IL. That's right smack dab in the middle of IL. Did my undergraduate work at Bradley University.

Cool. You in GW Law now?

I felt great going into my back workout today. I guess my lower back is cured because the rack pulls felt awesome and they were all without a belt, and everything else went well.

Pullups:
BWx10
+10 lbs. x7
+20 lbs. x6
+25 lbs. x5 +2 +2

V-Bar Pulldowns:
L8x20
L10x15
L12x12
L13x6 +4 +2

Yates rows:
135x20
185x12
205x8
225x5 +4 +2

T-Bar rows:
2plates x20
3plates x15
3p +25lbs. x10
4plates x8 +6 +5

L6x20
L8x15
L10x10
L11x6 +6 +4

Rack Pulls:
135x20
225x10
315x6
345x4 +3 +2

Straight arm pulldowns:
L11x10 +6 +5

DC lat stretch.

TheDarkHalf
07-16-08, 7:35 pm
Haha nah man, no way in hell I would be smart enough to get into GW law when even some of GW's undergrad pre-law students don't even get accepted. Getting my masters in management information systems - it's a technology management degree.

As i've been sayin man keep up the good work, WOs are lookin solid.

Pizzalamp
07-16-08, 9:17 pm
strong ass pullups

pmug0000
07-16-08, 11:29 pm
Haha nah man, no way in hell I would be smart enough to get into GW law when even some of GW's undergrad pre-law students don't even get accepted. Getting my masters in management information systems - it's a technology management degree.

As i've been sayin man keep up the good work, WOs are lookin solid.

Thanks bro. Management information systems doesn't sound easy, or like any fun at all but hey do your thang.

strong ass pullups

Thanks pizzalamp. They're not so hard when your only 160 lbs - that's the advantage of being a light weight.

js71474
07-17-08, 8:18 am
Great back day, good to see the weighted pull ups and good numbers everywhere! Progressing nicely, good job bro!

pmug0000
07-17-08, 9:07 pm
Great back day, good to see the weighted pull ups and good numbers everywhere! Progressing nicely, good job bro!

Many thanks sir.

Had to get up early this morning, and I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night so I was dragging ass all day. I gave my best effort at the gym and got a decent workout in tonight.

1ppsx15
1p +15 ps x10
1p +20 ps x8
1p +25 ps x5 +4 +3

Dumbbell lateral raise:
20sx15
25sx12
30sx10
35sx7 +5 +3

Dumbbell Bent Raise:
15sx20
20sx15
25sx12
30sx8 +5 +4

Standing Arnold Press (no more of these they make my elbow feel like shit):
20sx15
25sx12
30sx10
35sx8
40sx6 +4 +4

Barbell Shrugs:
135x20
225x12
315x6 +5 +4

Dumbbell Shrugs:
70sx15
80sx12
90sx9
100sx6 +5 +4

Stretch.

Dips:
BWx16
+25lbs. x12
+45lbs. x8
+70lbs. x4 +3 +2

Smith Machine Close-grip bench press:
1ppsx15
1p +10 ps x12
+15 ps x7
+20 ps x5 +3 +3

Cambered Bar pressdowns:
L9x20
L10x15
L11x12
L12x9 +6 +5

DC triceps stretch.

Pizzalamp
07-17-08, 9:22 pm
i would say a lot more than decent...solid work...im digging the shrugs

pmug0000
07-17-08, 9:56 pm
i would say a lot more than decent...solid work...im digging the shrugs

Thanks pizzalamp. I'm so sorry you had to close your thread. I shed a tear for you :(

TheDarkHalf
07-17-08, 10:00 pm
Way to stay animal, animal!

Littlefry
07-18-08, 12:47 am
good workout session Pmug, although 2 different exercise for shrugs is alot. Your traps comprise alot of your back consisting of upper lower and mid traps there for they get hit doing alot of back exercises as well as others personally if I where you I would just pick one exercise or the other, but its up to you. Other than that keeping hitting the iron hard bro

pmug0000
07-18-08, 10:24 am
Good God what a fucking morning. I'm asleep in my room and downstairs I hear all these crashing noises, and so I go see what the hell is going on and all I see is blood on the kitchen counter. I walk to the other side of the kitchen counter and my mom is on the ground having a seizure. I damn near collapsed.

She's diabetic so I figured her blood sugars were low, so I got some food in her. Apparently she fainted, and on her way down smashed her head into the counter top, then collapsed on the floor and had a seizure. She's okay now, but there's a massive hole in her chin from it hitting the side of the counter, and she's got some chipped teeth. So now she's off to the hospital, and shortly I'll be off to work. But that was some crazy shit.

Later I'll probably do some cardio.

TheDarkHalf
07-18-08, 10:51 am
Good God what a fucking morning. I'm asleep in my room and downstairs I hear all these crashing noises, and so I go see what the hell is going on and all I see is blood on the kitchen counter. I walk to the other side of the kitchen counter and my mom is on the ground having a seizure. I damn near collapsed.

She's diabetic so I figured her blood sugars were low, so I got some food in her. Apparently she fainted, and on her way down smashed her head into the counter top, then collapsed on the floor and had a seizure. She's okay now, but there's a massive hole in her chin from it hitting the side of the counter, and she's got some chipped teeth. So now she's off to the hospital, and shortly I'll be off to work. But that was some crazy shit.

Later I'll probably do some cardio.

HOLY SHIT! Damn man that's crazy. Glad she's okay though, and that's really good that you kept calm and took control of the situation. I hope you're okay man.

TheDarkHalf
07-18-08, 11:50 am
good workout session Pmug, although 2 different exercise for shrugs is alot. Your traps comprise alot of your back consisting of upper lower and mid traps there for they get hit doing alot of back exercises as well as others personally if I where you I would just pick one exercise or the other, but its up to you. Other than that keeping hitting the iron hard bro

I don't really agree with that, not saying your wrong by any means. I usually do three to four separate trap exercises and my traps are big!

js71474
07-18-08, 2:30 pm
Another good, solid session for you pmug! NICE! Sorry to hear about your mom's accident, good thing you were there bro! Hope she heals up quick!

pmug0000
07-18-08, 3:10 pm
HOLY SHIT! Damn man that's crazy. Glad she's okay though, and that's really good that you kept calm and took control of the situation. I hope you're okay man.

Thanks for your concern. I really wasn't that calm though - I almost shat myself on the spot. I was still half asleep and I thought I was gonna fucking faint or something but it all worked out o.k.

I don't really agree with that, not saying your wrong by any means. I usually do three to four separate trap exercises and my traps are big!

Yeah there are multiple opinions on how to deal with traps - I'm a big fan of beating them like they stole something.

Another good, solid session for you pmug! NICE! Sorry to hear about your mom's accident, good thing you were there bro! Hope she heals up quick!

Thanks js. Of course all she's worried about is how she's gonna look next week when she goes back to work. She's all stitched up now and her head is totally swollen but I'm just happy she's gonna be fine.

Littlefry
07-18-08, 4:30 pm
Sorry to hear that Pmug, hope she heals up all good

pmug0000
07-18-08, 9:27 pm
Sorry to hear that Pmug, hope she heals up all good

Thanks bro I appreciate it.

Anyway today was an off day for me, but I got in an hour of cardio and some ab work. Back to work tomorrow.

Pizzalamp
07-18-08, 9:30 pm
hope things work out

pmug0000
07-18-08, 9:45 pm
hope things work out

Thanks pizzalamp. It's all good in the hood.

Pizzalamp
07-18-08, 9:46 pm
Thanks pizzalamp. It's all good in the hood.

good

pmug0000
07-19-08, 4:58 pm
Started out with 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, then this afternoon I was back in the gym. Everything felt pretty good today.

Deadlifts:
135x15
225x10
275x8
315x6
345x3.9 (so fucking close to 4 but didn't get it) +2 +2
Tore a piece of skin out of my hand somewhere in there and had a dangling flap. Time to think about some gloves.

Back Extensions:
BWx20
+35 x15
+70 x8 +6 +4

Barbell Curls:
45x20
65x15
75x10
85x8
95x6 +3 +2

Incline Curls:
20sx15
25sx12
30sx9
35sx7 +5 +4

45x15
60x12
70x9
75x7 +6 +5

Stretch.

Reverse Curls:
30x20
45x15
60x7 +6 +4

Wrist Curls:
30x25
45x15
60x8 +6 +5

Starting monday I'm gonna switch things up. It'll still be rest pause but with different exercises.

TheDarkHalf
07-19-08, 6:08 pm
Started out with 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, then this afternoon I was back in the gym. Everything felt pretty good today.

Deadlifts:
135x15
225x10
275x8
315x6
345x3.9 (so fucking close to 4 but didn't get it) +2 +2
Tore a piece of skin out of my hand somewhere in there and had a dangling flap. Time to think about some gloves.

Back Extensions:
BWx20
+35 x15
+70 x8 +6 +4

Barbell Curls:
45x20
65x15
75x10
85x8
95x6 +3 +2

Incline Curls:
20sx15
25sx12
30sx9
35sx7 +5 +4

45x15
60x12
70x9
75x7 +6 +5

Stretch.

Reverse Curls:
30x20
45x15
60x7 +6 +4

Wrist Curls:
30x25
45x15
60x8 +6 +5

Starting monday I'm gonna switch things up. It'll still be rest pause but with different exercises.

Damn son those are some strong deads and back extensions! Switching things up already? Stalling out or just getting bored?

pmug0000
07-19-08, 6:13 pm
Damn son those are some strong deads and back extensions! Switching things up already? Stalling out or just getting bored?

Yeah I'm not really stalling out, just kind of getting bored. A lot will stay the same - I'll be doing some of the same exercises, and some different ones. I'll also be switching around the weights. For the last 3 weeks I've been doing all the same exercises and the same weight on all lifts, just going for more reps. Now I'll be going for more weight as well.

TheDarkHalf
07-19-08, 9:09 pm
Yeah I'm not really stalling out, just kind of getting bored. A lot will stay the same - I'll be doing some of the same exercises, and some different ones. I'll also be switching around the weights. For the last 3 weeks I've been doing all the same exercises and the same weight on all lifts, just going for more reps. Now I'll be going for more weight as well.

awesome man, i'm looking forward to seeing how it goes for you.

Pizzalamp
07-19-08, 9:36 pm
solid job bro

hard gritty work

ouch on the deads

pmug0000
07-20-08, 2:38 pm
solid job bro

hard gritty work

ouch on the deads

Thanks pizzalamp. I can't complain too much about the deads compared to what happened with your leg. How are you feeling?

Out of the gym today. I got in 40 min. cardio before breakfast, cut the grass in heat index of 105 (which was a fucking workout in itself) and later on I'll play about 1.5 hours of tennis.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try some flat benching for the first time in a while. I never really do flat bench because it hurts my elbow and I can do about the same weight on incline bench, but maybe things have changed. May as well see what's up.

Pizzalamp
07-20-08, 2:39 pm
Thanks pizzalamp. I can't complain too much about the deads compared to what happened with your leg. How are you feeling?

Out of the gym today. I got in 40 min. cardio before breakfast, cut the grass in heat index of 105 (which was a fucking workout in itself) and later on I'll play about 1.5 hours of tennis.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try some flat benching for the first time in a while. I never really do flat bench because it hurts my elbow and I can do about the same weight on incline bench, but maybe things have changed. May as well see what's up.

im feeling better
hot as heck here too-im dripping sweat as i sit here

js71474
07-21-08, 7:51 am
Strong back and arm day bro! Nice deadlifting, and to follow those with hypers is just brutal! Will be awaiting the new routine.

pmug0000
07-21-08, 4:17 pm
im feeling better
hot as heck here too-im dripping sweat as i sit here

Glad to hear it (that you're feeling better, not the dripping sweat part)

Strong back and arm day bro! Nice deadlifting, and to follow those with hypers is just brutal! Will be awaiting the new routine.

Thanks js. Yeah going from deads into weighted back extensions is an intense combo, and I think it's been helping my endurance.

40 minutes of cardio before breakfast today. It may seem like I'm doing too much cardio, but I put on 5 lbs. in the last 2 weeks (now I'm up to a massive 162 lbs. lol) so I think it's not slowing down my gains, just keeping fat in check.

Anyway hit chest today, and switched things up a bit. I hate to admit it but the 185x3 on flat bench is a PR. May not seem like much but just 2 months ago my 1RM was 180 so I guess I've been doing something right. Now I just need to keep the gains coming.

Flat barbell bench:
95x20
135x10
185x3
175x3 +2 +2
135x15

Incline dumbbell press:
50sx12
60sx8
70sx3 PR
65sx4 +2 +2

Incline Barbell bench:
95x15
135x5
165x2
135x7 +4 +4

Cable Cross-unders:
L3x20
L4x15
L5x12
L6x3 +3 +2
L4x15

Incline Smith Machine BP:
1ppsx10
1p +10 p.s. x8
1p +25 p.s. x3
1pps x8 +7 +7

DC Chest stretch 1 min.

TheDarkHalf
07-21-08, 6:56 pm
solid chest session brah

Pizzalamp
07-21-08, 10:14 pm
i love all that focus on the upper chest
good workout

Littlefry
07-21-08, 10:28 pm
Way to destroy the chest today pmug, keep up the solid work

Roland
07-21-08, 11:07 pm
Great work bro, how you like the DC extreme stretch?

pmug0000
07-21-08, 11:32 pm
solid chest session brah

Thanks. I saw you hit chest today too, so maybe when I get back to DC we can train together Monday's?

i love all that focus on the upper chest
good workout

Yeah it's more comfortable for my elbow, and I just love that angle.

Way to destroy the chest today pmug, keep up the solid work

Thanks Littlefry. You're doing so well with your program I'm giving some serious consideration to trying it out myself in the future.

Great work bro, how you like the DC extreme stretch?

Thanks Roland. Fucking LOVE the DC stretch. Shit you're the DC Disciple you know what it's 'bout!

js71474
07-22-08, 7:48 am
Congrats on the PR's bro, and don't sell yourself short, 185 for 3 is some good weight! You are progressing and that is what matters most. Keep pushing hard Pmug, looking good as always!

pmug0000
07-22-08, 4:39 pm
Congrats on the PR's bro, and don't sell yourself short, 185 for 3 is some good weight! You are progressing and that is what matters most. Keep pushing hard Pmug, looking good as always!

Thanks js. I agree that progression is what matters most, and as long as my numbers are going up (regardless of what those numbers are) that's all I can ask for.

I went to my gym today ready to push my legs to their limit, and when I got there the free weight room was closed. I was fucking pissed and about to leave, but they told me the machine room was still open so I decided to turn my frown upside down and make the best out of a bad situation. I went all out and managed to work up one hell of a sweat.

Leg Extensions:
30x30
50x20
90x20
130x20
170x15
210x12
250x9
stack x5
230x10 +8 +6 drop to 130x12

DC Quad stretch.

Seated Leg Curls:
30x30
50x25
70x20
90x15
110x10 +5 +5
50x30

Single leg press:
50x25
110x20
150x12

Narrow leg press (feet 1 inch apart):
210x25
270x15
310x15
350x15
410x5 +4 +3

Glute machine (1 leg at a time):
110x20
150x15
190x12

Calf Press:
230x20
270x15
310x12
110x100

Done. Not exactly what I wanted to do today but I did a lot of work in a short amount of time and gave my best effort with what was available so I guess I can't complain.

TheDarkHalf
07-22-08, 7:27 pm
Thanks js. I agree that progression is what matters most, and as long as my numbers are going up (regardless of what those numbers are) that's all I can ask for.

I went to my gym today ready to push my legs to their limit, and when I got there the free weight room was closed. I was fucking pissed and about to leave, but they told me the machine room was still open so I decided to turn my frown upside down and make the best out of a bad situation. I went all out and managed to work up one hell of a sweat.

Leg Extensions:
30x30
50x20
90x20
130x20
170x15
210x12
250x9
stack x5
230x10 +8 +6 drop to 130x12

DC Quad stretch.

Seated Leg Curls:
30x30
50x25
70x20
90x15
110x10 +5 +5
50x30

Single leg press:
50x25
110x20
150x12

Narrow leg press (feet 1 inch apart):
210x25
270x15
310x15
350x15
410x5 +4 +3

110x20
150x15
190x12

Calf Press:
230x20
270x15
310x12
110x100

Done. Not exactly what I wanted to do today but I did a lot of work in a short amount of time and gave my best effort with what was available so I guess I can't complain.

Way to stay positive bro! You sure beat the hell outta those leg extensions!

js71474
07-23-08, 8:12 am
Nice to see you able to turn a bad thing into a fine workout! Nice leg day, and you will be sore bro!

pmug0000
07-23-08, 12:45 pm
Way to stay positive bro! You sure beat the hell outta those leg extensions!

Yeah my options were very limited so I had to go all out with what was there!

Nice to see you able to turn a bad thing into a fine workout! Nice leg day, and you will be sore bro!

Thanks js. If I had the choice I would've hit up some squats yesterday, but as far as sticking with machines goes I feel like I got some good work in.

js71474
07-23-08, 12:57 pm
Thanks js. If I had the choice I would've hit up some squats yesterday, but as far as sticking with machines goes I feel like I got some good work in.You did indeed bro!

pmug0000
07-23-08, 4:41 pm
40 minutes of cardio this morning before breakfast, then thankfully I was back in the free-weight room for some back work. I was glad to be there and everything felt good today.

1-arm dumbbell rows (not leaning on bench):
50x15
60x12
70x10
80x7 +6 +5

Underhand Pulldowns:
L8x15
L10x10
L12x8
L14x4 +3 +2

Rope rows:
L6x15
L7x12
L8x10
L9x9 +7 +7

Wide grip pulldowns:
L6x20
L8x15
L9x10
L10x8 +6 +6

Dumbbell pullovers:
50x15
60x12
70x8
80x5 +2 +2

Rack pulls (bar at middle of knee cap):
135x15
225x10
315x6
365x2 +2 +2
385x1 drop to 315x10
That 385 was PR for weight and 315 was a PR for reps.

Seated row machine:
stack x20 +18 +18

DC lat stretch.

Not sure what was up with the seated row machine today. Either they just greased it up or it's out of order because the stack felt way too light. I'm pumped about the rack pulls though it was good day for me.

TheDarkHalf
07-23-08, 7:06 pm
40 minutes of cardio this morning before breakfast, then thankfully I was back in the free-weight room for some back work. I was glad to be there and everything felt good today.

1-arm dumbbell rows (not leaning on bench):
50x15
60x12
70x10
80x7 +6 +5

Underhand Pulldowns:
L8x15
L10x10
L12x8
L14x4 +3 +2

Rope rows:
L6x15
L7x12
L8x10
L9x9 +7 +7

Wide grip pulldowns:
L6x20
L8x15
L9x10
L10x8 +6 +6

Dumbbell pullovers:
50x15
60x12
70x8
80x5 +2 +2

135x15
225x10
315x6
365x2 +2 +2
385x1 drop to 315x10

Seated row machine:
stack x20 +18 +18

DC lat stretch.

Not sure what was up with the seated row machine today. Either they just greased it up or it's out of order because the stack felt way too light. I'm pumped about the rack pulls though it was good day for me.

They didn't grease it up and it's not out of order - you are just a BAMF!

pmug0000
07-23-08, 11:32 pm
They didn't grease it up and it's not out of order - you are just a BAMF!

Hahaha thanks bro. Whatever the reason is I'll stick with yours!

stumblin54
07-24-08, 12:33 am

You don't need gloves man, just put tape on it and it'll come back stronger after it heals. Impressive numbers though I enjoy scrolling through your journey a few times a week.

Stumblin

js71474
07-24-08, 7:48 am
Hard hittin back dat bro, I like the free standing db rows. Saw the PR's, congrats man, weight and reps in the same day! Nice job and by the way you know you are big when you pull the whole stack and it feels to light!! haha

pmug0000
07-24-08, 10:14 am
You don't need gloves man, just put tape on it and it'll come back stronger after it heals. Impressive numbers though I enjoy scrolling through your journey a few times a week.

Stumblin

I put some gauze over it and now that area is pretty much covered up with new skin, but I will try some tape. Thanks for the advice stumblin, and thanks for checking in!

Hard hittin back dat bro, I like the free standing db rows. Saw the PR's, congrats man, weight and reps in the same day! Nice job and by the way you know you are big when you pull the whole stack and it feels to light!! haha

Thanks js. Those free standing DB are a nice change of pace once in while - they recruit a few extra muscles and hit a slightly different angle. Ha ha most machines I can't do the whole stack for a single rep, but I guess me and that seated row machine get along well.

Gotta head in to work early today but I'll be hitting shoulders and triceps later on tonight.

BiG in NYC 823
07-24-08, 10:20 am
135x15
225x10
315x6
365x2 +2 +2
385x1 drop to 315x10

Seated row machine:
stack x20 +18 +18

DC lat stretch.

SOLID workout bro!

I know why you were able to do the stack on seated rows...B/c you are jacked bro! Plus, your adrenaline from setting a PR on the Rack Pulls might have added something to it ;-)

Keep up the work!

pmug0000
07-24-08, 8:46 pm
SOLID workout bro!

I know why you were able to do the stack on seated rows...B/c you are jacked bro! Plus, your adrenaline from setting a PR on the Rack Pulls might have added something to it ;-)

Keep up the work!

Thanks bro I appreciate your support!

I switched around exercises today for shoulders and tri's, some of the new shit I liked, and some I didn't like. I guess I'm still in the process of figuring out what works for me.

Behind the neck press (on smith machine):
1pps x15
1p +10 ps x8
1p +20 ps x5
1p +25 ps x3 +1 +1

Upright Row:
45x15
65x15
85x10
105x5 +4 +3

Cable Lateral Raise:
L1 x20
L2 x15
L3 x10
L4 x5

Seated Dumbbell Press:
30s x20
40s x15
50s x8
60s x7 +3 +3

Seated Dumbbell Shrugs:
60s x15
70s x12
80s x8
90s x5 +4 +4

Rope Shrugs:
stack x15 +12 +10

Close Grip Lockouts (in power rack- not sure if I did these right. I started with my elbows at 90 degree angles and pushed to the top of the BP motion. Regardless of whether or not they were right they fucking killed my tri's):
135x12
155x10
185x4 +3 +3

Dumbbell Overhead extensions:
50x20
60x20
70x20
80x9 +8 +7

Rope pulldowns:
L6x20
L7x15
L8x12
L9x9 +8 +8

DC triceps stretch.

TheDarkHalf
07-24-08, 8:58 pm
Thanks bro I appreciate your support!

I switched around exercises today for shoulders and tri's, some of the new shit I liked, and some I didn't like. I guess I'm still in the process of figuring out what works for me.

Behind the neck press (on smith machine):
1pps x15
1p +10 ps x8
1p +20 ps x5
1p +25 ps x3 +1 +1

Upright Row:
45x15
65x15
85x10
105x5 +4 +3

Cable Lateral Raise:
L1 x20
L2 x15
L3 x10
L4 x5

Seated Dumbbell Press:
30s x20
40s x15
50s x8
60s x7 +3 +3

Seated Dumbbell Shrugs:
60s x15
70s x12
80s x8
90s x5 +4 +4

Rope Shrugs:
stack x15 +12 +10

Close Grip Lockouts (in power rack- not sure if I did these right. I started with my elbows at 90 degree angles and pushed to the top of the BP motion. Regardless of whether or not they were right they fucking killed my tri's):
135x12
155x10
185x4 +3 +3

Dumbbell Overhead extensions:
50x20
60x20
70x20
80x9 +8 +7

Rope pulldowns:
L6x20
L7x15
L8x12
L9x9 +8 +8

DC triceps stretch.

So which ones did you like or didn't like?

js71474
07-24-08, 9:14 pm
Hey P, nice session man! I'm also curious as to what you did and didn't like. The smith behind neck presses really get the shoulders burnin with high reps. Solid using the DB presses, love that one! You can bet that if the close grip lockouts killed the tri's you were hittin them right! Nice P, keep it up!

pmug0000
07-24-08, 9:47 pm
So which ones did you like or didn't like?

Hey P, nice session man! I'm also curious as to what you did and didn't like. The smith behind neck presses really get the shoulders burnin with high reps. Solid using the DB presses, love that one! You can bet that if the close grip lockouts killed the tri's you were hittin them right! Nice P, keep it up!

I thought the behind the neck presses were uncomfortable on every joint between my neck and the tip of my fingers, and I couldn't lower my arms past 90 degree angles, so the range of motion was kind of limited. But I'll give 'em another shot next week - after all lifting weights is not supposed to be comfortable.

Same deal on the close-grip lockouts. Those were tough on my elbows and wrists, but I actually liked them anyway.

The one thing i really didn't like was the cable lateral raise. No more of those for me, I'll stick with DB's for my lateral raises.

js71474
07-24-08, 9:56 pm
I thought the behind the neck presses were uncomfortable on every joint between my neck and the tip of my fingers, and I couldn't lower my arms past 90 degree angles, so the range of motion was kind of limited. But I'll give 'em another shot next week - after all lifting weights is not supposed to be comfortable.

Same deal on the close-grip lockouts. Those were tough on my elbows and wrists, but I actually liked them anyway.

The one thing i really didn't like was the cable lateral raise. No more of those for me, I'll stick with DB's for my lateral raises.Never liked cable lateral raises, I'm using them for rear laterals just to mix it up but still don't care for them. On the close grip lockouts try some wrist wraps and see if it helps, you may already be doing that? I had really good success with the smith behind neck press and no it was not comfortable but never got any pain on them, just a deep burn and I stopped the motion right at the top of the neck. Hope fully next time you do them they will be a bit more bearable. Shoulders will grow for sure with what you are doing!

pmug0000
07-24-08, 11:44 pm
Never liked cable lateral raises, I'm using them for rear laterals just to mix it up but still don't care for them. On the close grip lockouts try some wrist wraps and see if it helps, you may already be doing that? I had really good success with the smith behind neck press and no it was not comfortable but never got any pain on them, just a deep burn and I stopped the motion right at the top of the neck. Hope fully next time you do them they will be a bit more bearable. Shoulders will grow for sure with what you are doing!

LOL I hope it doesn't sound like I was bitching and moaning that much - the behind the neck presses weren't that bad, just something I'm not used to, and they put a lot of pressure on the joints.

And for the CG rack lockouts - no I don't use wrist wraps. I don't use any kind of equipment so all of my supporting muscles and joints can strengthen and grow along with the rest of me. And I actually did like these, they're just something new for me to get used to.

And yeah cable laterals still suck.

TheDarkHalf
07-25-08, 8:34 am
LOL I hope it doesn't sound like I was bitching and moaning that much - the behind the neck presses weren't that bad, just something I'm not used to, and they put a lot of pressure on the joints.

And for the CG rack lockouts - no I don't use wrist wraps. I don't use any kind of equipment so all of my supporting muscles and joints can strengthen and grow along with the rest of me. And I actually did like these, they're just something new for me to get used to.

And yeah cable laterals still suck.

that's too bad i love those cable side laterals! But hey, whatever works for you is best - keep learning and gaining P!

js71474
07-25-08, 8:54 am

And yeah cable laterals still suck.No man did not come across as bitchin and moanin just expressing whether you liked them or not and I totally understand bro. If you keep having discomfort on the CG lock outs try the wrist wraps, if only for a time or two. Good luck with it!

pmug0000
07-25-08, 1:29 pm
that's too bad i love those cable side laterals! But hey, whatever works for you is best - keep learning and gaining P!

Right on bro just figure out what works for you and stick with that shit!

No man did not come across as bitchin and moanin just expressing whether you liked them or not and I totally understand bro. If you keep having discomfort on the CG lock outs try the wrist wraps, if only for a time or two. Good luck with it!

Thanks js, I'll consider wrist wraps. I think heavy lockouts could do wonders for my bench press, but time will tell.

Pizzalamp
07-25-08, 9:46 pm
sweet workout bro
i gotta try the behind neck smith presses sometime...hard work as usual going on in here

pmug0000
07-26-08, 12:32 pm
sweet workout bro
i gotta try the behind neck smith presses sometime...hard work as usual going on in here

Thanks pizzalamp. I'm surprised you haven't done behind the neck presses since I've seen you do a number of exercises I've never even heard of, but yeah give 'em a shot.

Yesterday was a really long day for me. Got up early for work, then after work I went to a barbecue, then after that I went out with some friends. Nothing too out of line but I'll just consider it a cheat day. It was cool though cause some people I hadn't seen for a while told me I got jacked since the last time they saw me. 6 months ago I was only about 130 lbs. so even though I'm still small I've come a long way so far this year.
But anyway somewhere in there I did get in 45 minutes of cardio and a little ab work.

Today I woke up and did 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, and in a little bit I'm gonna go try to get a new 1RM in deads.

Pizzalamp
07-26-08, 12:33 pm
Thanks pizzalamp. I'm surprised you haven't done behind the neck presses since I've seen you do a number of exercises I've never even heard of, but yeah give 'em a shot.

Yesterday was a really long day for me. Got up early for work, then after work I went to a barbecue, then after that I went out with some friends. Nothing too out of line but I'll just consider it a cheat day. It was cool though cause some people I hadn't seen for a while told me I got jacked since the last time they saw me. 6 months ago I was only about 130 lbs. so even though I'm still small I've come a long way so far this year.
But anyway somewhere in there I did get in 45 minutes of cardio and a little ab work.

Today I woke up and did 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, and in a little bit I'm gonna go try to get a new 1RM in deads.

sounds like a fun day...have a good workout later!

Littlefry
07-26-08, 12:53 pm
looking good pmug, intrested in seeing your 1RM for deads

pmug0000
07-26-08, 1:05 pm
sounds like a fun day...have a good workout later!

Thanks pizzalamp, enjoy your rest day.

looking good pmug, intrested in seeing your 1RM for deads

Well the most I've pulled off the ground so far has been 345, so today I'm gonna go for 355 and maybe 365.

js71474
07-26-08, 4:24 pm
Kill those deads bro, hit it hard! Good luck.

pmug0000
07-26-08, 4:44 pm
Kill those deads bro, hit it hard! Good luck.

Thanks js.

Here's how today's workout went down:

Deadlifts:
135x10
225x8
315x5
335x2
355x1 PR - Got it easy.
365x1 PR Not easy at all. I'll consider my new 1RM
335x5
315x6 +4 +3
I was fuckin' dead after all those deads. Literally I died. But I chugged some EAA Nitro w/ Storm and Gatorade and came back to life.

Good Mornings:
135x10
185x6
225x4 +3 +3

Dumbbell Curls:
30s x15
40s x10
45s x7 +4 +3

Barbell Curls:
65x12
75x10
85x8
95x5 drop to 65x10 +6 +6

Low Cable Curls:
L2x20
L3x15
L4x10 +7 +6 drop to L3x10 into a 30 second static hold.

DC biceps stretch for 1 min.

Reverse Preacher Curls:
30x20
40x12
45x10 +7 +7

Bodyweight Hangs:
went to failure twice

Good workout today, I got a lot done. I loved those rest-pause dropsets and the static hold felt awesome too. I'll be incorporating more of those on other days.

js71474
07-26-08, 4:48 pm
NICE PR on the deads bro, way to go!! 225 on good mornings makes me hurt just reading it! All around brutal work P, you def hit it hard today man!

pmug0000
07-26-08, 4:58 pm
NICE PR on the deads bro, way to go!! 225 on good mornings makes me hurt just reading it! All around brutal work P, you def hit it hard today man!

Thanks js. Yeah at about 160 lbs. a pretty happy with 365 lbs. deadlift. My goal (a very distant one) is to deadlift 3x bodyweight. If only my bench press and squats were as good!

And you're right those GM's were definitely no fun after deadlifting!

js71474
07-26-08, 5:01 pm
Thanks js. Yeah at about 160 lbs. a pretty happy with 365 lbs. deadlift. My goal (a very distant one) is to deadlift 3x bodyweight. If only my bench press and squats were as good!With the progress and hard work you constantly do time after time your goals will be here before you know it and we all can't wait to see you shatter them!!

pmug0000
07-26-08, 6:56 pm
With the progress and hard work you constantly do time after time your goals will be here before you know it and we all can't wait to see you shatter them!!

Thanks js, I'm very grateful for all the support you've been giving me.

pmug0000
07-27-08, 8:19 pm
Had an 'off' day today. I did one hour of cardio on an empty stomach, and here's what I did for abs:

Cable Crunches:
4 sets 30 reps

Decline Situps (holding 25 lbs.)
3 sets 20 reps

Hanging Leg Raises:
3 sets 15 reps

Incline Leg Raises:
3 sets 15 reps

Swiss ball crunches:
2 sets 50 reps

Cable Twists:
3 sets 25 reps

15-20 seconds rest between sets.

My back was sore as fuck from yesterday and for some reason those ab movements all felt great. I guess stretching out my lower back or something.

Next weekend I'm going to a lake (no gym) so I've decided to switch my split to the following:

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Back (no deads or rack pulls)
Thursday - shoulders (no traps) and arms
Friday - deadlifts, rack pulls, and traps

I can't bring myself to skip deadlifts this week so I've decided to cram everything in there.

TheDarkHalf
07-27-08, 8:35 pm
Had an 'off' day today. I did one hour of cardio on an empty stomach, and here's what I did for abs:

Cable Crunches:
4 sets 30 reps

Decline Situps (holding 25 lbs.)
3 sets 20 reps

Hanging Leg Raises:
3 sets 15 reps

Incline Leg Raises:
3 sets 15 reps

Swiss ball crunches:
2 sets 50 reps

Cable Twists:
3 sets 25 reps

15-20 seconds rest between sets.

My back was sore as fuck from yesterday and for some reason those ab movements all felt great. I guess stretching out my lower back or something.

Next weekend I'm going to a lake (no gym) so I've decided to switch my split to the following:

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Back (no deads or rack pulls)
Thursday - shoulders (no traps) and arms
Friday - deadlifts, rack pulls, and traps

I can't bring myself to skip deadlifts this week so I've decided to cram everything in there.

Damn dude that's crazy ab work!

loving the sig - anchorman is a great movie. "Did you hear me counting? I did over a thousand" - "Oh, it's the pleats - It's an optical illusion created by the pants..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33ohfzgk9k - check out this link it's great

pmug0000
07-27-08, 8:45 pm
Damn dude that's crazy ab work!

loving the sig - anchorman is a great movie. "Did you hear me counting? I did over a thousand" - "Oh, it's the pleats - It's an optical illusion created by the pants..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l33ohfzgk9k - check out this link it's great

Yeah I think every line from Anchorman is a classic. That ESPN audition was funny shit too, Will Ferrell is a hilarious dude.

Pizzalamp
07-27-08, 8:57 pm
good deads dude

and those situps are no joke

i love anchorman too-have u ever listened to the commentary from ferrell and adam the director? so damn funny...haha i wanna see his new movie stepbrothers

js71474
07-28-08, 10:16 am
Nice ab work bro! New split looks good, very glad to see the deads still in there! Good luck with it!

pmug0000
07-28-08, 12:09 pm
good deads dude

and those situps are no joke

i love anchorman too-have u ever listened to the commentary from ferrell and adam the director? so damn funny...haha i wanna see his new movie stepbrothers

Thanks pizzalamp. I actually worked up quite a sweat with that ab workout.
No I've never seen what you're talking about, but I've got the dvd so if it's on there I'll check it out.

Nice ab work bro! New split looks good, very glad to see the deads still in there! Good luck with it!

Thanks js. It was nothing compared to what you do for abs but it felt good to put the work in.
And I think the new split is gonna be tough - that's a lot of work in 5 days, but I may as well take advantage of being young while I can. And it's for one week only anyway, then I'm going on a little vacation this weekend.

pmug0000
07-28-08, 4:09 pm
40 minutes of cardio before breakfast today, then on to chest at the gym. Numbers are up from last week so I can't complain.

Flat Barbell B.P.:
95x20
135x12
165x5
190x3
175x4 +3 +2
135x15

Incline Dumbbell Press:
50x12
60x8
70x4
65x5 +3 +2

Incline Barbell B.P.:
135x6
165x3
135x8 +4 +4

Dips:
BWx15
+25 lbs. x10
+45 lbs. x8 drop to BW x12 +6 +6

Cable Crossunders:
L3x20
L4x15
L5x12
L6x6 drop to L5x8 drop to L4x12 + 30 second static hold

DC stretch (w/ 40 lbs. db's).

js71474
07-28-08, 4:23 pm
Nice chest work bro, and your numbers are going up, you gotta be happy with that!

pmug0000
07-29-08, 5:30 pm
Nice chest work bro, and your numbers are going up, you gotta be happy with that!

Thanks js, yeah if the numbers are going up I'm doing something right!

Hit legs today. Tried out a few different things, most of which I liked, but now I remember why I hate front squats. I kinda suck at those. But the leg presses made up for it.

NARROW squats (feet 5-6 inches apart):
135x12
185x6
245x3
275x3
225x9 +4 +4 drop to 135x20

1-leg extensions:
L2x15
L3x12
L4x10
L5x8
L4x10 +9 +8 +5

Front squats (fuck these):
135x15
205x4 drop to 135x10

Reverse Lunges (reps are for each leg):
135x12
185x10
205x8 *PR

Leg Press (NARROW - feet 6 inches apart):
3pps x20
4pps x15
5pps x12
6pps x10
7pps x8 *PR
8pps x5 *PR drop to 6pps x10 drop to 4pps x20 drop to 2pps x40 - I was so fucking winded after that!

DC quad stretch for 1 minute

90x15
110x15
130x15

Seated Leg Curl:
70x20
90x15
110x10

Standing Calf Raise (on smith machine):
1pps x50
1p +25 ps x25
2pps x20 drop to 1pps x30

Done.

Pizzalamp
07-29-08, 9:24 pm
nice leg day bro!!!

ya i hate front squats as well...i just hate em more than anything

pmug0000
07-29-08, 10:53 pm
nice leg day bro!!!

ya i hate front squats as well...i just hate em more than anything

Thanks pizzalamp.
I can think of one thing you hate more than front squats - it starts with "walking" and ends with "lunges". When I was doing my reverse lunges today I was thinking about your injury and just hoping to myself that nothing bad happens. I'll definitely skip walking lunges from now on - those fuckers are dangerous!

TheDarkHalf
07-29-08, 10:57 pm
Thanks pizzalamp.
I can think of one thing you hate more than front squats - it starts with "walking" and ends with "lunges". When I was doing my reverse lunges today I was thinking about your injury and just hoping to myself that nothing bad happens. I'll definitely skip walking lunges from now on - those fuckers are dangerous!

Haha I feel a lot less girly when I do walking lunges! Plus, everyone looks at me like I'm a madman when I walk around the gym doing lunges with 100+lbs. Rather humorous!

Solid leg workout P, numbers are looking strong!

pmug0000
07-29-08, 11:02 pm
Haha I feel a lot less girly when I do walking lunges! Plus, everyone looks at me like I'm a madman when I walk around the gym doing lunges with 100+lbs. Rather humorous!

Solid leg workout P, numbers are looking strong!

I don't know I sure as hell don't feel girly when I'm doing heavy reverse lunges - not too many people can handle that.
But yeah I've seen people at the GW gym do walking lunges from one end to the either, but never actually around the entire gym. I think I'd even take a second look at that.

Maharg
07-29-08, 11:16 pm
Thanks pizzalamp.

I love walking lunges. Something bad can happen on any lift, why hate one just for danger? If you listened to what people say, squats are the most dangerous leg movement.

js71474
07-30-08, 10:29 am
Hell of a leg day bro! Love all the hard work you did! The front squats are a pain to get used to and a pain to do. You killed those narrow squats, and nice PR on the leg press! All around great leg work bro!!!

pmug0000
07-30-08, 12:11 pm
I love walking lunges. Something bad can happen on any lift, why hate one just for danger? If you listened to what people say, squats are the most dangerous leg movement.

I like stationary lunges better because I can go way heavier with better balance. Anyway the gym I'm at now is about 20 feet long so when I tried walking lunges I could get about 6 steps before I had to turn around.
Plus walking lunges are full of bad karma.

Hell of a leg day bro! Love all the hard work you did! The front squats are a pain to get used to and a pain to do. You killed those narrow squats, and nice PR on the leg press! All around great leg work bro!!!

Thanks js! Front squats just don't float my boat if you know what I'm sayin' but I actually loved those narrow squats. And that leg press drop set destroyed my legs I was feeling it as soon as I got out of bed today!

pmug0000
07-30-08, 4:47 pm
Did about 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast today. Even less fun than usual cause my legs are so damn sore. Then did some back work at the gym. I had a ridiculous pump going today, it looked like my veins were trying to break through the skin. Here's what I've been doing at the time of my workout which I highly recommend:

90 minutes pre- workout: meal
45 minutes pre- workout: 40 g whey + some fruit (1 big or 2 small bananas usually)
15 minutes pre-workout: 1.5 scoops Shock therapy, 1 scoop EAA Nitro, 1 scoop Storm
During workout: 3 scoops Torrent
PWO: 3 scoops Torrent + 2 packs Nitro
30 minutes later: 40 g whey
Then a meal about 45 minutes later

I know it's a lot of calories surrounding the workout but like I said the pumps are insane. I recommend it to anyone who's not trying to lose weight.

Now the workout:

1 arm Dumbbell rows (not leaning on bench):
50x20
60x15
70x12
80x8
90x5 +3 +2

Wide-grip Pullups:
BWx11
+10lbs x7
+20lbs. x5
+25lbs x4 drop to BWx5 +4 +3

T-Bar Rows:
3 plates x15
3p +25 x12
3p +35 x10
4p x8 drop to 3p x15

Close grip Chin-ups:
4 sets, 8 reps per set

Decline Dumbbell Pullovers:
50x15
55x12
60x8
50x20

Yates Rows:
135x20
165x15
185x10
205x6 +4 +4 drop to 135x25

Widegrip Pulldowns:
L10x8 drop to L9x10 drop to L8x15 drop to L6x20 into static hold

DC back stretch.

Did some higher rep work today, it fucking smoked my back.

Littlefry
07-30-08, 5:31 pm
Did about 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast today. Even less fun than usual cause my legs are so damn sore. Then did some back work at the gym. I had a ridiculous pump going today, it looked like my veins were trying to break through the skin. Here's what I've been doing at the time of my workout which I highly recommend:

45 minutes pre- workout: 40 g whey + some fruit (1 big or 2 small bananas usually)
15 minutes pre-workout: 1.5 scoops Shock therapy, 1 scoop EAA Nitro, 1 scoop Storm

I know it's a lot of calories surrounding the workout but like I said the pumps are insane. I recommend it to anyone who's not trying to lose weight.

Now the workout:

50x20
60x15
70x12
80x8
90x5 +3 +2

Wide-grip Pullups:
BWx11
+10lbs x7
+20lbs. x5

T-Bar Rows:
3 plates x15
3p +25 x12
3p +35 x10
4p x8 drop to 3p x15

Close grip Chin-ups:
4 sets, 8 reps per set

50x15
55x12
60x8
50x20

Yates Rows:
135x20
165x15
185x10

Widegrip Pulldowns:

DC back stretch.

Nice back workout pmug. Sometimes it good to changes things up and put in a higher rep day for a lagging bodypart to help bring it up. 4 plates a side for t-bar rows is killer plus adding it into a drop set makes it even tougher.

pmug0000
07-30-08, 6:16 pm
Nice back workout pmug. Sometimes it good to changes things up and put in a higher rep day for a lagging bodypart to help bring it up. 4 plates a side for t-bar rows is killer plus adding it into a drop set makes it even tougher.

Thanks littlefry. Back is probably my only bodypart that isn't lagging, but it doesn't hurt to go for higher reps once in a while anyway.
And you're right that T-bar row dropset was brutal.

js71474
07-31-08, 7:23 am
Freestanding DB rows...I like it!!! Nice work bro, and the tbars are looking good man! Brutalized the back P, great job!

pmug0000
07-31-08, 10:20 am
Freestanding DB rows...I like it!!! Nice work bro, and the tbars are looking good man! Brutalized the back P, great job!

Thanks! I think I can get a greater ROM with free-standing DB rows, and for some reason I feel them in my lats more.

TheDarkHalf
07-31-08, 10:30 am
Thanks! I think I can get a greater ROM with free-standing DB rows, and for some reason I feel them in my lats more.

I may have to try those free-standing DB rows sometime. Do you think it'd be easier to focus on the negative with or without a bench?

pmug0000
07-31-08, 12:01 pm
I may have to try those free-standing DB rows sometime. Do you think it'd be easier to focus on the negative with or without a bench?

Well I think if you lighten up the weight slightly, you could get a lot more out of the negative on free standing DB rows. You can really stretch your lat out on the way down because you can move the DB from right next to your torso (at the top of the motion) to down between your legs, or even closer to the other side of your body, whereas with a bench it's more straight up, straight down. It would be tougher though because all your stabilizers and core would be getting worked too, but I think it would be well worth it. Give it a try!

Pizzalamp
07-31-08, 8:42 pm

Now the workout:

50x20
60x15
70x12
80x8
90x5 +3 +2

Wide-grip Pullups:
BWx11
+10lbs x7
+20lbs. x5

T-Bar Rows:
3 plates x15
3p +25 x12
3p +35 x10
4p x8 drop to 3p x15

Close grip Chin-ups:
4 sets, 8 reps per set

50x15
55x12
60x8
50x20

Yates Rows:
135x20
165x15
185x10

Widegrip Pulldowns:

DC back stretch.

i def agree that your back must have been smoked!!
awesome job...pullups looking good and the yates rows looked solid!

pmug0000
07-31-08, 9:22 pm
i def agree that your back must have been smoked!!
awesome job...pullups looking good and the yates rows looked solid!

Thanks pizzalamp!

Tonight after work I hit shoulders and arms at the gym. It was hot as fuck in there I was sweating my ass off, but the workout went well.

Behind the Neck Press (on smith machine):
1pps x15
1p +10 x8
1p +20 x5
1p +25 x4 +2 +1

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
40x15
45x12
50x9
60x8 drop to 50x8 drop to 40x10 drop to 30x15

Dumbbell Lateral Raise superset Dumbbell Front Raise (weight and reps the same for both):
20x15 (each)
25x12
30x10
35x8

DC shoulders stretch.

Rack Lockouts in power rack (starting w/ upper arm at 90 degrees):
135x15
155x10
175x6
185x5 +3 +2

Dumbbell Overhead Extensions:
50x20
60x20
70x20
80x10 drop to 65x10 drop to 50 x10

Rope Pulldowns:
L6x20
L7x15
L8x12
L9x10 +9 +8 drop to L6x20 straight into static hold

DC triceps stretch.

Barbell curls:
45x20
65x15
95x6
105x2 +1 +1

Dumbbell Hammer Curls:
35s x12
40s x10
45s x8

Low Cable Curls:
L2x20
L3x15
L4x12 drop to L3x15 drop to L2x20 into static hold

DC biceps stretch.

My legs were ridiculously sore today, it was insane. I'm not sure how they'll be for deadlifts tomorrow but I'm hoping for the best.

pmug0000
08-01-08, 8:19 pm
I did some deadlifts, rack pulls, and shrug work tonight. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do the deads because my legs were so sore I couldn't walk without a limp, and my delts were sore from yesterday. But as it turned out I couldn't have asked for a better workout. I got some PR's today which I'm really happy with.

Went through some extra warm-ups to help deal with the soreness, so once I was good and loose:

Deadlifts:
135x10
225x8
315x5
*370x1 *PR very smooth and controlled
*385x1 **PR but UGLY. I clanked it like a motherfucker on the way down, I'll take it though. I know I can get it smooth next week.
315x9

Rack Pulls:
225x10
315x6
365x2
405x1 +1 +1 *PR - I was fucking PUMPED that I got those
immediately drop to 315x10

Barbell Shrugs:
225x15
315x6
315x5 drop to 225x15 drop to 135x30

Seated Dumbbell Shrugs:
65s x20
75s x20
90s x12
100s x6 +3 +3

Rope Shrugs:
stack x25

Behind the Back Wrist Curls:
95x20
95x20
135x8
135x8

(For the hell of it) Seated Calf Raises:
2 plates, 4 sets of 20

My hands are destroyed but I loved the workout tonight - got my two favorite lifts in there: deads and rack pulls. Now I'm gonna go chill at some lake for Saturday and Sunday (but I won't party too hard) and then back at the gym Monday.

Roland
08-01-08, 8:20 pm
Lookin' good P. Nice PRs!

Pizzalamp
08-01-08, 8:21 pm
great job!!

that sounds so nice at the lake-enjoy

js71474
08-01-08, 9:28 pm
Last two workouts looked great bro, and nice PR's in there! Take the 385 x 1, ugly or not you got it so be proud of it!! Nice stuff man, and enjoy the lake!

pmug0000
08-01-08, 11:29 pm
Lookin' good P. Nice PRs!

Thanks Roland. I was fucking pumped about those PR's. I think I've gotten a new record on deads every week this summer.

great job!!

that sounds so nice at the lake-enjoy

Thanks pizzalamp. Yeah it'll be a nice two day break. I haven't taken 2 straight days off for months!

Last two workouts looked great bro, and nice PR's in there! Take the 385 x 1, ugly or not you got it so be proud of it!! Nice stuff man, and enjoy the lake!

Thanks js! Oh hells yeah I'll take that 385 - I'm definitely proud to deadlift 220 lbs. over my bodyweight, and I'm gonna make sure it's be next time lol.

pmug0000
08-03-08, 6:11 pm
I got back from a little vacation earlier today and I haven't really done any kind of work in a gym this weekend. The vacation was cool though I did some swimming and boating and whatnot. The resort I was at had buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so I fucking worked those like crazy. Some people have cheat meals or cheat days - I had a whole cheat weekend. I'm ready to get back in the gym tomorrow though. I'll do an hour of cardio on an empty stomach later and some ab work.

Pizzalamp
08-03-08, 6:17 pm
I got back from a little vacation earlier today and I haven't really done any kind of work in a gym this weekend. The vacation was cool though I did some swimming and boating and whatnot. The resort I was at had buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so I fucking worked those like crazy. Some people have cheat meals or cheat days - I had a whole cheat weekend. I'm ready to get back in the gym tomorrow though. I'll do an hour of cardio on an empty stomach later and some ab work.

sounds good

pmug0000
08-03-08, 11:31 pm
I've been doing some thinking tonight (I know that's different than usual) and I've decided I'm gonna start hitting chest twice a week.

For those of you who follow my journey you know my chest is a little bitch and I hate it, and although it is improving slowly I think I can speed up my gains by hitting it twice a week.
So here is what I've come up with for my new split:

Monday: Chest + Tri's
Tuesday: Legs + Calves
Wednesday: Upper back (no deadlifts or rack-pulls)
Thursday: Shoulders (not traps) + chest
Friday: Cardio
Saturday: Deadlifts, Rack pulls, shrugs, biceps
Sunday: Cardio

I'm gonna make every chest exercise different on Thursday then I did on Monday.

I know many people who know much more than I do would say I should just train chest once a week and be patient. But fuck it, I want to try this out. If it works that's cool and I'll keep it up for a while, if it doesn't work then I'll stop.

Lemme know what ya'll think.

js71474
08-04-08, 8:49 am
Sounds like a solid plan to me and it will bring the chest up since you are hittin it twice. Glad you enjoyed the vacation sounds like you had fun. Look forward to seeing your results with the new split!

Littlefry
08-04-08, 12:16 pm
Sounds good to me pmug, for me hitting chest 3x a week in bill stars 5x5 has worked wonders for my chest, I have not doubt thta hitting it 2x a week will work great for you to.

TheDarkHalf
08-04-08, 12:20 pm
Yea i've thought about doing something like that in my routine as well. Doing something like legs and or arms twice a week. Hell i've even thought about expanding my split to 6 days a week and training everything twice a week - which can be done if done properly. It'll work P - you know just as anyone else it just takes the time and effort!

pmug0000
08-04-08, 12:36 pm
Sounds good to me pmug, for me hitting chest 3x a week in bill stars 5x5 has worked wonders for my chest, I have not doubt thta hitting it 2x a week will work great for you to.

That progress you've been making with doing the same lifts 3x a week is unbelievable - I was tempted to try your split. But I figured I should start with 2x a week instead of jumping straight into 3x. I'll hit hard though and see what happens.

Sounds like a solid plan to me and it will bring the chest up since you are hittin it twice. Glad you enjoyed the vacation sounds like you had fun. Look forward to seeing your results with the new split!

Thanks for your input js, I always appreciate your support.

Yea i've thought about doing something like that in my routine as well. Doing something like legs and or arms twice a week. Hell i've even thought about expanding my split to 6 days a week and training everything twice a week - which can be done if done properly. It'll work P - you know just as anyone else it just takes the time and effort!

Yeah I love lifting so much I've tried to draw up a 6 day split too, but I'm not at that point yet. I'll definitely be putting in the work and I hope to see some steady progress.

pmug0000
08-04-08, 4:24 pm
I did 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, then a few hours later hit chest and tri's. It felt great being back at the gym after taking the weekend off.

Flat Barbell Bench Press:
95x20
135x12
165x5
185x2
200x1 *PR (Hate to admit that's a 1RM but at least I got it clean)
175x4 +3 +3 drop to 135x11

Incline Dumbbell Press:
50's x12
60's x8
70's x5 (*PR) drop to 60's x6 drop to 50's x8

Dips:
BW x20
+25lbs. x12
+45lbs. x8
+70lbs. x4 drop to +25lbs. x12 drop to BW x15

DC chest stretch

Close-grip Bench Press (on smith machine):
1pps x15
1p +10 x10
1p +20 x5
1p +25 x3 +1 +1

Overhead Dumbbell Extensions:
60x20
70x20
80x15 drop to 65x10 drop to 50x15

Rope Pulldowns:
L6 x20
L7 x15
L8 x12
L9 x10 drop to L7 x10 drop to L6 x15

DC triceps stretch.

js71474
08-04-08, 4:30 pm
First day of the split looks good brotha! Congrats on the PR and don't even sweat the weight, remember it's how you move the weight that counts and you made it count cause it was clean!! Nice incline DB PR! Your chest and tris gotta be feeling the burn, great start with the new routine!

pmug0000
08-04-08, 10:19 pm
First day of the split looks good brotha! Congrats on the PR and don't even sweat the weight, remember it's how you move the weight that counts and you made it count cause it was clean!! Nice incline DB PR! Your chest and tris gotta be feeling the burn, great start with the new routine!

Thanks js, my chest and tri's are tightening up already. I know it's important not to get caught up with numbers.
One of my favorite sayings is "It doesn't matter how much you lift, all that matters is how much you look like you can lift"
I'm really looking forward to the new split, I think it'll pay off. The plan is to go up at least 5 lbs. every week. It's been working with deads, hopefully it'll carry over to bench press.

js71474
08-05-08, 7:57 am
Thanks js, my chest and tri's are tightening up already. I know it's important not to get caught up with numbers.
One of my favorite sayings is "It doesn't matter how much you lift, all that matters is how much you look like you can lift"
I'm really looking forward to the new split, I think it'll pay off. The plan is to go up at least 5 lbs. every week. It's been working with deads, hopefully it'll carry over to bench press.I know it will carry over to bench bro! You work your ass off so the bench has no choice but to come up!!!

pmug0000
08-05-08, 5:05 pm
I know it will carry over to bench bro! You work your ass off so the bench has no choice but to come up!!!

Thanks js, that's what I'm hoping for!

I did about 25 minutes of ab work before breakfast this morning, no cardio because I hit legs at the gym. Here's the leg workout:

Narrow stance squats:
135x15
185x8
245x6
295x4 *PR
225x9 +5 +5 drop to 135x20

Single Leg Extensions:
L2 x20
L3 x15
L4 x12
L5 x10
L4 x10 +9 +8 +7

Reverse Lunges:
135x15
185x12
205x8

Leg Press:
4pps x15
5pps x12
6pps x10
7pps x8
8pps x6 (PR) drop to 6pps x12 drop to 4pps x25 drop to 2pps x50
I was so drained after that.

DC Quads stretch.

Stiff-leg deadlifts:
135x20
185x15
205x12
225x10 +6 +4

Standing calf raise (smith machine):
1pps x50
1p +25 x25
2p +25 x12 drop to 2pps x15 drop to 1pps x40

Stretched for a while then was done.

Pizzalamp
08-05-08, 10:12 pm
great leg day!
i like the single leg work!

js71474
08-06-08, 10:10 am
Nice PR's on squats and leg press!! Killed those legs....great work Pmug, love seeing a leg day like that!! Were you able to keep the breakfast down after the 25 minutes of abs? Great work bro!

pmug0000
08-06-08, 12:23 pm
great leg day!
i like the single leg work!

Thanks pizzalamp. I like those single leg extensions too, it helps me focus on better form.

Nice PR's on squats and leg press!! Killed those legs....great work Pmug, love seeing a leg day like that!! Were you able to keep the breakfast down after the 25 minutes of abs? Great work bro!

Thanks js, I was really happy about those leg presses.
And I ate breakfast after I did abs, so there was no problem keeping it down. During the leg workout it became more of a challenge...

js71474
08-06-08, 1:27 pm
Thanks js, I was really happy about those leg presses.
And I ate breakfast after I did abs, so there was no problem keeping it down. During the leg workout it became more of a challenge...Fighting to keep food down is a sure sign of a great leg day bro!

pmug0000
08-06-08, 5:25 pm
Fighting to keep food down is a sure sign of a great leg day bro!

No doubt about that!

I did about 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast this morning, then hit back at gym. My pullups kinda sucked today, but everything else went well.

1 arm Dumbbell Rows (no bench):
50x20
60x15
70x12
80x10
85x8
90x6 +4 +2

Pullups:
BWx10
BWx10
+25 lbs. x4
+10 lbs. x6 +3 +2 drop to BWx5

T-Bar Rows:
3p x15
3p +25 x12
3p +35 x10
4p x10 (*PR) drop to 3p x15 +10 +8 drop to 2p x15

50x15
55x12
60x10
65x8 drop to 50x15

Yates Rows:
135x20
165x15
185x10
205x8 drop to 185x8 drop to 135x15 +10 +8

Wide-grip Pulldowns:
L10x8 drop to L9x10 drop to L8x15 drop to L6x20

Stretched for 1 minute then was done.

js71474
08-07-08, 7:22 am
Solid back work bro! Love everything you did in this one and congrats on the PR!! Those free standing DB rows are nice for a great stretch! GREAT stuff Pmug!

J-Dawg
08-07-08, 8:10 am
I did 40 minutes of cardio before breakfast, then a few hours later hit chest and tri's. It felt great being back at the gym after taking the weekend off.

Flat Barbell Bench Press:
95x20
135x12
165x5
185x2
200x1 *PR (Hate to admit that's a 1RM but at least I got it clean)
175x4 +3 +3 drop to 135x11

Incline Dumbbell Press:
50's x12
60's x8
70's x5 (*PR) drop to 60's x6 drop to 50's x8

Dips:
BW x20
+25lbs. x12
+45lbs. x8
+70lbs. x4 drop to +25lbs. x12 drop to BW x15

DC chest stretch

Close-grip Bench Press (on smith machine):
1pps x15
1p +10 x10
1p +20 x5
1p +25 x3 +1 +1

Overhead Dumbbell Extensions:
60x20
70x20
80x15 drop to 65x10 drop to 50x15

Rope Pulldowns:
L6 x20
L7 x15
L8 x12
L9 x10 drop to L7 x10 drop to L6 x15

DC triceps stretch.

Good to see the PRs in here pmug!

J-Dawg
08-07-08, 8:11 am
Thanks js, that's what I'm hoping for!

I did about 25 minutes of ab work before breakfast this morning, no cardio because I hit legs at the gym. Here's the leg workout:

Narrow stance squats:
135x15
185x8
245x6
295x4 *PR
225x9 +5 +5 drop to 135x20

Single Leg Extensions:
L2 x20
L3 x15
L4 x12
L5 x10
L4 x10 +9 +8 +7

Reverse Lunges:
135x15
185x12
205x8

Leg Press:
4pps x15
5pps x12
6pps x10
7pps x8
8pps x6 (PR) drop to 6pps x12 drop to 4pps x25 drop to 2pps x50
I was so drained after that.

DC Quads stretch.

Stiff-leg deadlifts:
135x20
185x15
205x12
225x10 +6 +4

Standing calf raise (smith machine):
1pps x50
1p +25 x25
2p +25 x12 drop to 2pps x15 drop to 1pps x40

Stretched for a while then was done.

More PRs. That's what I love to see!

pmug0000
08-07-08, 10:36 am
Solid back work bro! Love everything you did in this one and congrats on the PR!! Those free standing DB rows are nice for a great stretch! GREAT stuff Pmug!

Thanks js! I'm really liking those freestanding DB rows.

Good to see the PRs in here pmug!

More PRs. That's what I love to see!

Thanks J-Dawg, I'm loving the PRs too. If I'm improving I can't really ask for much more than that. Thanks for your support!

TheDarkHalf
08-07-08, 10:50 am
WOs looking as solid as ever P, it's really great to see your continued progress!

When you headin back to DC? School will be starting before you know it!

widdlewade44
08-07-08, 10:54 am
PR's abounding! Congrats and keep up the strong, steady work bro.

Kevin
widdlewade44

pmug0000
08-07-08, 1:04 pm
WOs looking as solid as ever P, it's really great to see your continued progress!

When you headin back to DC? School will be starting before you know it!

Thanks! I'm coming in on the 22nd at night, and I plan on hitting up HellWell the 23rd!

PR's abounding! Congrats and keep up the strong, steady work bro.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thanks for your support! Damn right I'll keep it up, I'm motivated and determined and I don't plan on slowing down any time soon!

pmug0000
08-07-08, 8:40 pm
Did chest and shoulders tonight. It was good.

95x20
135x10
155x6
175x3 *PR got them easy
195x1 *PR (smashed my last 1RM) drop to 135x12

Flat Dumbbell B.P.:
50s x12
60s x10
70s x6
75s x3
65s x7 +3 +3

Cable Crossunders:
L2x20
L3x15
L4x12
L5x6 +4 +3 drop to L3 x15

DC chest stretch

Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
40s x15
50s x10
55s x8
60s x6

Dumbbell Front Raise:
25s x15
30s x12
35s x8 +5 +3 drop to 25s x10

Dumbbell Lateral Raise:
25s x15
30s x12

DC shoulders stretch.

TheDarkHalf
08-07-08, 9:47 pm

95x20
135x10
155x6
175x3 *PR got them easy

Flat Dumbbell B.P.:
50s x12
60s x10
70s x6
75s x3
65s x7 +3 +3

Cable Crossunders:
L2x20
L3x15
L4x12

DC chest stretch

Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
40s x15
50s x10
55s x8
60s x6

Dumbbell Front Raise:
25s x15
30s x12

Dumbbell Lateral Raise:
25s x15
30s x12

DC shoulders stretch.

Damn P you are just a record breakin fool! More PR's good shit bro.

Pizzalamp
08-07-08, 10:04 pm

95x20
135x10
155x6
175x3 *PR got them easy

Flat Dumbbell B.P.:
50s x12
60s x10
70s x6
75s x3
65s x7 +3 +3

Cable Crossunders:
L2x20
L3x15
L4x12

DC chest stretch

Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
40s x15
50s x10
55s x8
60s x6

Dumbbell Front Raise:
25s x15
30s x12

Dumbbell Lateral Raise:
25s x15
30s x12

DC shoulders stretch.
gotta love chest shoulders!!
great job!!

pmug0000
08-08-08, 12:31 am
Damn P you are just a record breakin fool! More PR's good shit bro.

Yeah I'm trying to break the record for breaking the most records lol. The goal is a PR every day.

gotta love chest shoulders!!
great job!!

Yeah it was my first time pairing chest and shoulders and I liked it. My shoulders were kinda tired by the time I got to them but I think it went well.

js71474
08-08-08, 10:00 am
Nice PR's bro, good job! You really tore it up at the gym, looking good Pmug!

pmug0000
08-09-08, 5:17 pm
Nice PR's bro, good job! You really tore it up at the gym, looking good Pmug!

Thanks for all of your support js!

Yesterday I took off from the gym, but I did an hour of cardio and abs. Today I did some cardio before breakfast then hit the gym.

Deadlifts:
135x10
225x8
315x6
365x2
390x1 *PR barely squeezed it out
365x2 +1 +1 drop to 315x10

Rack Pulls:
225x10
315x6
365x3
415 - miss
415 - miss. I was gonna give up on it but I got my shit together and went all out
415x1 (*PR - smoked it) drop to 405x1 drop to 385x1 drop to 365x5 drop to 315x12

Shrugs:
315x5
365x1 +1 +1
315x6 +5 +3
275x8 drop to 225x12 drop to 135x30

Stretch

Barbell Curls:
bar x20
65x15
85x8
95x6
105x3 +1 +1 drop to 85x7 drop to 65x10 drop to bar x20

Hammer Curls:
25x15
30x12
35x10
40x8 drop to 35x5 drop to 30x5 drop to 25x5 drop to 20x10

Stretch.

Those deadlift and rack pull dropsets killed me today I'm exhausted. But I'm really happy I got 415.

Pizzalamp
08-09-08, 5:18 pm
great workout!!