PDA

View Full Version : Hola Bola's Journey

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Hola Bola
07-06-08, 12:37 am
Did you play football?

Yep... played two years in college too.

About 179. But i'm also 16, and fairly lean considering. No 6 pack though.

Gotcha. Thats just one of those things where you have to build up some endurance.

mcbeast
07-06-08, 12:38 am
Yep... played two years in college too.

Awesome,well your a beast man.

zanderfever
07-06-08, 12:41 am
Gotcha. Thats just one of those things where you have to build up some endurance.

Yeah, my endurance is non existant. I start to feel a burn on Squats with the bar at around 12 reps, but I can hit 225 for a few solid reps.

Here, I don't have videos but heres a picture.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm55/zanderfever/?action=view&current=283273203_960138948_0.jpg

mcbeast
07-06-08, 12:43 am
Yeah, my endurance is non existant. I start to feel a burn on Squats with the bar at around 12 reps, but I can hit 225 for a few solid reps.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm55/zanderfever/?action=view&current=283273203_960138948_0.jpg

Tiny little punk,kidding.For your age your very strong.Some people just build up lactic acid faster then others,also pm me your cell #.Oh,try some betal ala9

zanderfever
07-06-08, 12:47 am
Tiny little punk,kidding.For your age your very strong.Some people just build up lactic acid faster then others,also pm me your cell #.Oh,try some betal ala9

Check your PMs. I don't go beyond protein, amino acids, and creatine. I'm simply young and don't need all that much.

mcbeast
07-06-08, 12:49 am
Check your PMs. I don't go beyond protein, amino acids, and creatine. I'm simply young and don't need all that much.

Sorry for hoggin your log Hola,but zander beta should be just fine,you just dont need to get into anything that messes with your test levels,yet.Lol

zanderfever
07-06-08, 12:50 am
Sorry for hoggin your log Hola,but zander beta should be just fine,you just dont need to get into anything that messes with your test levels,yet.Lol

True, but i'm also young enough to have skeptical and overly paranoid parents to deal with, so less is more in this case.

mcbeast
07-06-08, 12:51 am
True, but i'm also young enough to have skeptical and overly paranoid parents to deal with, so less is more in this case.

I understand,do they purchas your supps?

SQUAT or DIE!
07-06-08, 12:53 am

dude anything over like 8 reps is just waaaay to much work...

and the back looks good.

zanderfever
07-06-08, 12:56 am
I understand,do they purchas your supps?

Yep. Including protein powder, I try to keep it under 150 a month.

dude anything over like 8 reps is just waaaay to much work...

and the back looks good.

Thanks, Squatty I believe Excessive called you? Haha, years have gone into that. I remember doing T-Bar rows with 2 quarters on the bar and not using a v-handle to hold onto the bar.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-06-08, 1:07 am
Yep. Including protein powder, I try to keep it under 150 a month.

Thanks, Squatty I believe Excessive called you? Haha, years have gone into that. I remember doing T-Bar rows with 2 quarters on the bar and not using a v-handle to hold onto the bar.

thats what they call me.... i usually use Tbar machine thing....

mcbeast
07-06-08, 1:09 am

I called squat? Guys lets take this over to My thread,dont want to disturb the beasst

zanderfever
07-06-08, 1:09 am

Ehhh, I prefer a real barbell. True iron always feels better than a machine.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-06-08, 1:15 am

yeah well i dont have anyone to stand on the otherside of the BB so i just use taht....

zanderfever
07-06-08, 1:20 am
yeah well i dont have anyone to stand on the otherside of the BB so i just use taht....

You don't need anybody to unless you've got a lot of weight on the bar. I don't know how much you do, but I know i'm fine with 3 plates.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-06-08, 1:40 am
You don't need anybody to unless you've got a lot of weight on the bar. I don't know how much you do, but I know i'm fine with 3 plates.

ill give it a try next time

SQUAT or DIE!
07-06-08, 1:41 am
Hola i just watched some of yourt youtube videos and i would like to say you are a sick sick sick man.... CRAZY ass weights...

Hola Bola
07-06-08, 10:27 am
Awesome,well your a beast man.

lol... I try.

You've got a good base.

Thats all I'd recommend for someone your age.

I actually prefer the chest supported t-bar row... it takes the stress off your lower back and allows you to pull at the proper angle.

Hola i just watched some of yourt youtube videos and i would like to say you are a sick sick sick man.... CRAZY ass weights...

Thanks man.

Hola Bola
07-06-08, 9:00 pm
7-6-08
Biceps/Triceps

31 sets in 70 minutes...

1. BW Dips
---alternating with---
1. BW Hammer Chins

2. Smith Machine CGBP
135 x 25
185 x 20
225 x 15
275 x 12
315 x 10 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOMD2VQ0U4
295 x 12
275 x 15
225 x 25
---alternating with---
2. DB Curls
40's x 15
50's x 12
60's x 10
70's x 8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYyKBxyI0I8
80's x 9 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOUMk509YH4
60's x 12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euYIDCxonMM
45's x 20

3. Machine Preacher Curls
220 x 20 (stack)
265 x 15 (stack+45)
265 x 15
265 x 15
265 x 15
265 x 15
---alternating with---
3. Plate Loaded Dip Machine
180 x 25
270 x 20
360 x 15
450 x 12
540 x 10
450 x 19 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgOx5iJhhPs

4. BW Dips
---alternating with---
4. BW Hammer Chins

Great workout... got alot done in a short amount of time. Strength and endurance were both way up... I was very happy with my numbers today. The vids speak for themselves... not much else to say. Legs tomorrow in Vegas.

zanderfever
07-06-08, 9:34 pm
Does your SM weigh 45 pounds? I've never seen one that does.

mcbeast
07-06-08, 9:36 pm
Amazing..

pmug0000
07-06-08, 9:43 pm
You sir are a monster. Nice vids.

Big C
07-07-08, 4:17 pm
Nice work bro...makes me miss my "arm" day only just watching those vids. You sure your scale is working? Looking much heavier than 212....you look about 225-230.

I'm liking the plate-loaded dip machine...again I believe our gym is too cheap to purchase one. Again, great workout.

Maharg
07-07-08, 4:27 pm
Hope you post your sin city adventures in legs tonight. I am sure you will find some new leg gear. Hope you hit the Golds on Flamingos street so you can hit it up with Cutler and Rock.

minime_moomey
07-07-08, 7:53 pm
I think there needs to be a warning, lock, or password protect on this journey...Some animals are not responsible enough to take in this information. I, for instance, am one of these animals. I read through this all weekend and thought, hey, high rep legs...thats a good idea...I assure you. It is NOT a good idea. I cant walk right now. Thanks Hola! :)

sly06
07-07-08, 8:24 pm
Monster! Nice videos bro.

mcbeast
07-08-08, 10:30 am
HOLA BOLA THE NEXT MIKE MENTZER?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyzNPD3Qru0&feature=related

VS

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/5248/holafront6608af2.jpg

Fury317
07-08-08, 10:37 am

VS

Pause the video at 41 seconds and then compare with Hola's pic. Eerily similar. YOURE ON YOUR WAY HOLA!

B Con
07-08-08, 10:42 am
HOLA... that was a hell of a workout... 315 close is no joke... the plate loaded dip machine was insane... solid hammers... not much to say but you straight killed it. Great work as always... enjoy Vegas...

Sir J-Werk
07-08-08, 11:29 am
I think there needs to be a warning, lock, or password protect on this journey...Some animals are not responsible enough to take in this information. I, for instance, am one of these animals. I read through this all weekend and thought, hey, high rep legs...thats a good idea...I assure you. It is NOT a good idea. I cant walk right now. Thanks Hola! :)

But you do it with your shades on.... Just remember that! lol!

VS

While the similarities are erie.... I almost pissed myself something funny when I heard Belinda Carlisle singing, "Heaven is a place on Earth."

Themostocles
07-08-08, 12:23 pm
And Hola's got better quads... -T.

Hola Bola
07-08-08, 12:52 pm
Does your SM weigh 45 pounds? I've never seen one that does.

No clue, but probably not. I just count it as 45lbs to make it easy to track... when you say 135 everyone instantly thinks 1 plate/side... 225 is 2 plates/side, etc. I'm not planning on entering a smith machine close grip bench contest anytime soon, so it really doesn't matter to me as long as I'm progressing.

Amazing..

Amazing would be curling the 100's... give me another year or two!

You sir are a monster. Nice vids.

Thanks bro.

Nice work bro...makes me miss my "arm" day only just watching those vids. You sure your scale is working? Looking much heavier than 212....you look about 225-230.

I'm liking the plate-loaded dip machine...again I believe our gym is too cheap to purchase one. Again, great workout.

Arms and Legs are probably my two favorite workouts to do. I was actually 215 last night at the gym, but I think that was because I ate like crap all day, lol...

That plate loaded dip machine is great... its one of those pieces of equipment that you'd want to have in your dream home gym, lol...

Hope you post your sin city adventures in legs tonight. I am sure you will find some new leg gear. Hope you hit the Golds on Flamingos street so you can hit it up with Cutler and Rock.

I'll be posting it up shortly... I hit the Gold's on Sahara Ave last night... I wasn't very impressed. Never fear... I still got a solid leg workout in.

Good deal buddy... thats what I like to hear! High rep leg workouts will make a man out of you!

Monster! Nice videos bro.

Thanks man.

VS

I wish! I've always liked his physique.

Pause the video at 41 seconds and then compare with Hola's pic. Eerily similar. YOURE ON YOUR WAY HOLA!

Haha yeah... the pose is pretty similar. I've still got quite a few lbs of LBM to add though.

HOLA... that was a hell of a workout... 315 close is no joke... the plate loaded dip machine was insane... solid hammers... not much to say but you straight killed it. Great work as always... enjoy Vegas...

Thanks bro.

And Hola's got better quads... -T.

lol... idk about that...

mcbeast
07-08-08, 12:53 pm
First day Of HIT,check it out...

Ive got a long way to catch up to you,your physique is inspirational,considering we have similar bodytypes,lol.

Hola Bola
07-08-08, 1:11 pm
Leg press vid from last nights workout... I'll post the whole thing a little later...

20 plates x 12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQX06ZSCaRk

Maharg
07-08-08, 1:14 pm
Sweet they sent you one of the black and red shirts.

Latimer316
07-08-08, 2:49 pm
Hey bro, this is my first time posting on your journey. If I would have known it had been goin on I would have followed it closer. You still in the military man? Just curious b/c I'm in and was just wondering how your PT score is w/all that size you got. I've always had issues w/gaining size in my legs and keeping my run down. Your training is outstanding. Keep it up

pmug0000
07-08-08, 4:39 pm
Leg press vid from last nights workout... I'll post the whole thing a little later...

20 plates x 12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQX06ZSCaRk

Damn!!

Hola Bola
07-08-08, 5:43 pm
First day Of HIT,check it out...

Ive got a long way to catch up to you,your physique is inspirational,considering we have similar bodytypes,lol.

Done. Stick with it... you'll get there.

Sweet they sent you one of the black and red shirts.

Haha yep. Its my new designated leg day shirt.

Hey bro, this is my first time posting on your journey. If I would have known it had been goin on I would have followed it closer. You still in the military man? Just curious b/c I'm in and was just wondering how your PT score is w/all that size you got. I've always had issues w/gaining size in my legs and keeping my run down. Your training is outstanding. Keep it up

I'm in the reserves... haven't taken a PT test in awhile though. I've never had problems with my size and the PT test though... I've always been able to score +300. Pushups and situps are +100 easy, and even now I bet I could run a sub 13:00 two mile. When I was going through the firefighting academy this past year I was running low 12's.

Damn!!

lol, thanks.

shizz702
07-08-08, 6:16 pm
What's up brotha? We gonna meet up later? I just tried calling you...

sly06
07-08-08, 6:39 pm
Amazing work my friend. You and all the other big guys around here are an inspiration to me. I have a lot of work to do, but I know one day I will reach that pinnacle.

jonnydunz
07-08-08, 9:59 pm
awesome work man and incredible size too. i know that you are always getting hit with when are you gonna get on the stage and shake up the Naturals. well all i can say is that you have the right physique. whether you get on the stage or not man, you are a true representation of an Animal. peace.

Hola Bola
07-09-08, 1:50 pm
Amazing work my friend. You and all the other big guys around here are an inspiration to me. I have a lot of work to do, but I know one day I will reach that pinnacle.

I'm glad I can motivate you... stick with it and you'll achieve your goals.

awesome work man and incredible size too. i know that you are always getting hit with when are you gonna get on the stage and shake up the Naturals. well all i can say is that you have the right physique. whether you get on the stage or not man, you are a true representation of an Animal. peace.

Thanks bro, but I won't be doing any natural shows... the ultra lean swimmer look doesn't appeal to me. When I compete, it will be with the big boys.

B Con
07-09-08, 1:52 pm
That leg press is damn impressive Hola...

Naturally Huge
07-09-08, 2:00 pm
I'm glad I can motivate you... stick with it and you'll achieve your goals.

Thanks bro, but I won't be doing any natural shows... the ultra lean swimmer look doesn't appeal to me. When I compete, it will be with the big boys.

But if you are natural, then you're a shoe in. BTW, there are some big, drug-free competitors out there who look a hell of a lot better than most synthetic competitors.

Hola Bola
07-09-08, 2:03 pm
That leg press is damn impressive Hola...

Thanks bro.

But if you are natural, then you're a shoe in. BTW, there are some big, drug-free competitors out there who look a hell of a lot better than most synthetic competitors.

I just finished a my first PH cycle a few weeks ago, so no, I'm not natural anymore.

Naturally Huge
07-09-08, 2:09 pm
Shit dude, ya' should've held out--you would've done extremely well in any natural show and felt the satisfaction of doing without any additives.

Sir J-Werk
07-09-08, 2:13 pm
Shit dude, ya' should've held out--you would've done extremely well in any natural show and felt the satisfaction of doing without any additives.

I think he already has the satisfaction of a few years of hard work under his belt.... I'm just sayin'.... To each his own journey.

shizz702
07-09-08, 2:16 pm
I think he already has the satisfaction of a few years of hard work under his belt.... I'm just sayin'.

Yea I agree.

And a little ol' PH cycle is nothing compared to some big ol test/d bol etc. stack.

I would hardly consider him unnatural with only doing that.

Naturally Huge
07-09-08, 2:19 pm
Yea I agree.

And a little ol' PH cycle is nothing compared to some big ol test/d bol etc. stack.

Agreed. Not bashing him, just sayin' that he's got such great genetics and a solid work ethic that he doesn't need any hormones to help him.

Hola Bola
07-09-08, 2:55 pm
7-7-08
Quads/Hams/Calves

35 sets in 70 minutes...

1. Squats
135 x 20
225 x 15
315 x 10
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2
405 x 2 (20 total)
225 x 20 (sumo stance)

2. Leg Press
225 x 25
405 x 20
585 x 15
765 x 12
945 x 12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQX06ZSCaRk
675 x 25
---alternating with---
2. Alternating BB Lunges
135 x 15/15
135 x 15/15
135 x 15/15
135 x 15/15
135 x 15/15

3. Lying Leg Curls
110 x 20
130 x 15
150 x 12 (stack)
140 x 15
120 x 20
---alternating with---
3. Donkey Machine Calf Raises
300 x 40
350 x 35
400 x 30 (stack)
400 x 30
400 x 30

Great workout... I decided to do some low rep/high volume heavy squats... it went really well. I got the idea from a 20 rep squat program where you use the weight you want to eventually do 20 reps with, and start with 10x2, then 7x3, then 5x4, then 4x5, then 3x7, then 8x2, then try the 20 rep set. That might be a little off, but thats the gist of the program. I did my squat burn set with a wide sumo type stance for some variation... it felt waaaay different from how I'm used to squatting. The Leg press/bb lunges combo was tough, but I still managed to move some decent weight. Finished off with leg curls/donkey calf raises... I didn't feel the need for leg extensions at that point in the workout, lol...

Hola Bola
07-09-08, 5:06 pm

Maybe... maybe not. Honestly I don't care about natural vs enhanced... doesn't make a bit of difference to me. To be the best you're going to have to put in the work, period. Nothing you can take will replace hard work, dedication, and consistency... all of which are keys to success in bb'ing.

I think he already has the satisfaction of a few years of hard work under his belt.... I'm just sayin'.... To each his own journey.

Good point.

Yea I agree.

PH's disqualify you for natural bb'ing shows, but I agree, its not the same as the real stuff.

Agreed. Not bashing him, just sayin' that he's got such great genetics and a solid work ethic that he doesn't need any hormones to help him.

Its true, I've done extremely well without them, but I feel like I've reached a point where a little extra help is necessary to keep progressing and reach the next level.

Hola Bola
07-09-08, 7:22 pm
7-9-08
Back/Traps

27 sets in 65 minutes...

1. Rack Pulls (knee level/deloaded)
225 x 12
315 x 10
405 x 8
495 x 6
545 x 4
585 x 2
405 x 15

2. Chest Supported Wide Grip T-Bar Rows
1 plate x 20
2 plates x 15
3 plates x 12
4 plates x 10
3 plates x 20

3. Close Hammer Grip Lat Pulldowns
190 x 15
220 x 12
250 x 10
280 x 8
235 x 15
---alternating with---
3. HS Shrugs
2 plates/side x 20
3 plates/side x 20
4 plates/side x 15
5 plates/side x 12
4 plates/side x 20

4. HS Iso Low Rows
2 plates/side x 15
3 plates/side x 12
4 plates/side x 10
5 plates/side x 8
3 plates/side x 25

Great workout... met up with Shawn aka shizz702 and we went to the Las Vegas Athletic Club... it was a pretty busy but they had a lot of equipment. I hadn't done any heavy pulling in about 5 weeks, since I strained my lower back deadlifting, so I was happy with my rack pull numbers. They weren't PR weights, but decent regardless. The t-bar setup we used was different than the one at my gym... the handle was a free-motion type thing so you could change the angle of the pull during the lift... it was a nice change. We finished off with some HS iso low rows... I really wish one of the gyms in KC had this machine... its a great alternative to the more popular HS iso row. Today is a much needed off day... my upper back/traps are soooore. My lower back feels great though, no soreness at all... I'm pretty happy about that. Chest/Shoulders tomorrow.

sly06
07-09-08, 7:35 pm
Decent numbers my ass. They beat the hell out of mine. Glad your lower back isn't hurting anymore. Great workout!

Do you know where Enid Oklahoma is?

Maharg
07-09-08, 7:35 pm
I know what you mean about that hs row, i love that machine, but have only used it once. But man it trashed my back.

Themostocles
07-09-08, 7:46 pm
Summit 2 in Blue Springs has the low hs low iso row, used it last week. -T.

Maharg
07-09-08, 8:15 pm

lil too far for me to come and work back every week.

Themostocles
07-09-08, 8:31 pm
lil too far for me to come and work back every week.

NO dedication, Maharg, you got no dedication lol. -T.

Themostocles
07-09-08, 8:31 pm
Decent numbers my ass. They beat the hell out of mine. Glad your lower back isn't hurting anymore. Great workout!

Why do you keep asking that lol, you asked me and never explainied it. -T.

Big C
07-09-08, 8:33 pm
Insane back workout bro. Keepin that momentum going. I agree with what you said above...PH or not...it's all about the work you put in.

I just got off 3-AD ..so what, I worked my ass off. It's the people that take the stuff and then sit around hoping to get big. Natural or not, who cares. Keep up the work bro, no pain no gain!

Maharg
07-09-08, 8:36 pm
NO dedication, Maharg, you got no dedication lol. -T.

lol i thought it was no money. That and no time.

Themostocles
07-09-08, 8:40 pm
lol i thought it was no money. That and no time.

I know how that feels; bills, working 60hours a week, kid, and the gym. -T.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-09-08, 8:41 pm

when do you sleep??

Maharg
07-09-08, 8:47 pm

Umm i dont work that much, and i dont have a kid. So, you have it far worse then I. One day though, i promise i will come train with you. Gotta be shoulders though, i cant live up to the limits set by training legs and back and shit with Hola. I can set the bar with shoulders though.

Themostocles
07-09-08, 9:23 pm
when do you sleep??

Whats that? Noon-6PM usually. -T.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-09-08, 9:24 pm
Whats that? Noon-6PM usually. -T.

lol, man you go to sleep when i wake up....

B Con
07-10-08, 10:50 am
Maybe... maybe not. Honestly I don't care about natural vs enhanced... doesn't make a bit of difference to me. To be the best you're going to have to put in the work, period. Nothing you can take will replace hard work, dedication, and consistency... all of which are keys to success in bb'ing.

AMEN

js71474
07-10-08, 1:26 pm
That was some heavy hitting on the back/trap day bro! Read the whole PH cycle thing and Yohead put it best when he said 'AMEN'! PH or not, you put in a ton of work every time and that in itself shows dedication, so rock on bro. You gotta do what you gotta do to progress. I just love seeing all that heavy ass weight you throw around!

Hola Bola
07-10-08, 7:14 pm

Thanks... they were decent for me... I've rack pulled more than that before.

Nope, idk where Enid OK is. Is that where you're from?

I know what you mean about that hs row, i love that machine, but have only used it once. But man it trashed my back.

Yeah it tore mine up too... 2 days later and my back is still extremely sore... I love that feeling.

Did you like it?

Insane back workout bro. Keepin that momentum going. I agree with what you said above...PH or not...it's all about the work you put in.

I just got off 3-AD ..so what, I worked my ass off. It's the people that take the stuff and then sit around hoping to get big. Natural or not, who cares. Keep up the work bro, no pain no gain!

Thanks bro... we're on the same page.

AMEN

Just speakin' my mind!

That was some heavy hitting on the back/trap day bro! Read the whole PH cycle thing and Yohead put it best when he said 'AMEN'! PH or not, you put in a ton of work every time and that in itself shows dedication, so rock on bro. You gotta do what you gotta do to progress. I just love seeing all that heavy ass weight you throw around!

Thanks bro... but I don't expect everyone to see it my way... I just don't like the high and mighty natural stance that alot of guys take, which I've found is mostly used to justify them being smaller or weaker.

ghost
07-10-08, 7:19 pm
been reading through, Kicking some serious ass in here brother, keep it up!

Maiden69
07-10-08, 8:40 pm
Brutal Journey Bro! I liked that back workout a lot, I just did it today but I switched the rack pulls for the Yates BB row. My back is killing me right now!!! I'm subs to it right now!

I see you are in the service Reserve, what branch? I'm AD Army, and stationed at Ft Detrick, MD. Very small post and the Gym is poor on equipment but I got to make it work.

mcbeast
07-10-08, 9:15 pm
Great work on them wheels..
I guess you were taking it easy on us when we did bb lunges..

jonnydunz
07-10-08, 11:24 pm
7-9-08
Back/Traps

27 sets in 65 minutes...

1. Rack Pulls (knee level/deloaded)
225 x 12
315 x 10
405 x 8
495 x 6
545 x 4
585 x 2
405 x 15

2. Chest Supported Wide Grip T-Bar Rows
1 plate x 20
2 plates x 15
3 plates x 12
4 plates x 10
3 plates x 20

3. Close Hammer Grip Lat Pulldowns
190 x 15
220 x 12
250 x 10
280 x 8
235 x 15
---alternating with---
3. HS Shrugs
2 plates/side x 20
3 plates/side x 20
4 plates/side x 15
5 plates/side x 12
4 plates/side x 20

4. HS Iso Low Rows
2 plates/side x 15
3 plates/side x 12
4 plates/side x 10
5 plates/side x 8
3 plates/side x 25

Great workout... met up with Shawn aka shizz702 and we went to the Las Vegas Athletic Club... it was a pretty busy but they had a lot of equipment. I hadn't done any heavy pulling in about 5 weeks, since I strained my lower back deadlifting, so I was happy with my rack pull numbers. They weren't PR weights, but decent regardless. The t-bar setup we used was different than the one at my gym... the handle was a free-motion type thing so you could change the angle of the pull during the lift... it was a nice change. We finished off with some HS iso low rows... I really wish one of the gyms in KC had this machine... its a great alternative to the more popular HS iso row. Today is a much needed off day... my upper back/traps are soooore. My lower back feels great though, no soreness at all... I'm pretty happy about that. Chest/Shoulders tomorrow.

man you put in some awesome work here bro. glad to see that your back is feeling better too. i have a bad back too, but as long as i am smart about what i am doing, it does not bother me at all lately. keep on doing big things bro. peace.

mcbeast
07-10-08, 11:55 pm
405x15,madness.Your almost on my level,HAH!

Killer work brotha

Hola Bola
07-11-08, 2:39 pm
been reading through, Kicking some serious ass in here brother, keep it up!

Thanks man.

Brutal Journey Bro! I liked that back workout a lot, I just did it today but I switched the rack pulls for the Yates BB row. My back is killing me right now!!! I'm subs to it right now!

I see you are in the service Reserve, what branch? I'm AD Army, and stationed at Ft Detrick, MD. Very small post and the Gym is poor on equipment but I got to make it work.

Sounds like a good back workout!

I'm Army as well... whats your MOS?

Great work on them wheels..
I guess you were taking it easy on us when we did bb lunges..

Haha... we went lighter than I normally do, and not as many sets, but it was at the end of a tough leg workout so its all good.

man you put in some awesome work here bro. glad to see that your back is feeling better too. i have a bad back too, but as long as i am smart about what i am doing, it does not bother me at all lately. keep on doing big things bro. peace.

I'm trying to do the same thing... I'll probably stay away from full deadlifts for awhile... rack pulls and sldl's substitute for them quite nicely, especially for a bb'er.

405x15,madness.Your almost on my level,HAH!

Killer work brotha

lol... thanks man... but that was AFTER 6 plates/side x 2!!!

Maharg
07-11-08, 2:42 pm
Well dont hold back the next leg day. I want to try and keep up as best i can and i thought i did well. Now that i know you held back it casts a shadow over the whole leg day.

Maiden69
07-11-08, 4:31 pm
I'm Army as well... whats your MOS?

I'm a 94E, secondary is 52D, but I'm going MI next year to 35G, no promotion chances in 94E right now, I got my SSG with 793, it is too competitive. Whats yours? Enlisted or Officer? I did 8 1/2 years in the Guard, but very hard to get a decent job in PR being a reserves men, they don't like you to take weekends or annual training off.

Pizzalamp
07-11-08, 9:34 pm
hola...whats your take on cheat meals? how do u have them in your diet?

great workout btw...im glad your lower back held out good

Hola Bola
07-11-08, 11:22 pm
Well dont hold back the next leg day. I want to try and keep up as best i can and i thought i did well. Now that i know you held back it casts a shadow over the whole leg day.

I didn't hold back... I said it was different than how I normally do them, but my legs were still tore up. If you want to work harder next time though, it can definately be arranged, lol...

I'm a 94E, secondary is 52D, but I'm going MI next year to 35G, no promotion chances in 94E right now, I got my SSG with 793, it is too competitive. Whats yours? Enlisted or Officer? I did 8 1/2 years in the Guard, but very hard to get a decent job in PR being a reserves men, they don't like you to take weekends or annual training off.

Gotcha. I'm a 88M and 63S... E-5 and currently in my last year of inactive time in the reserves. I've been talking to a career counselor and I'm probably going to switch over to a firefighter unit next month and drill for the remainder of my contract. I'm trying to talk the wife into letting me re-enlist... the only way it might happen is if I transfer to a new drill sergeant unit... just because they don't get deployed overseas. I think it would be alot of fun though... we'll see.

hola...whats your take on cheat meals? how do u have them in your diet?

great workout btw...im glad your lower back held out good

Thanks man.

I currently cheat all the time... once or twice a day usually. I'm probably going to be starting the Anabolic Diet on monday though, so I'll be keeping it clean during the week from now on, and only eating cheat type meals on the weekends.

Maharg
07-11-08, 11:34 pm
Harder is always the goal. Look forward to the next one.

Maiden69
07-12-08, 8:24 am
Gotcha. I'm a 88M and 63S... E-5 and currently in my last year of inactive time in the reserves. I've been talking to a career counselor and I'm probably going to switch over to a firefighter unit next month and drill for the remainder of my contract. I'm trying to talk the wife into letting me re-enlist... the only way it might happen is if I transfer to a new drill sergeant unit... just because they don't get deployed overseas. I think it would be alot of fun though... we'll see.

Dude, you are an 88M and they let you stay in the IRR? They pulled a lot of my friends from the PR NG to fill slots at the beginning on 2004! Re-Enlist... It depends on how many years you have in, if I was under 10, I would had stayed out, but now I got no choice, plus I'm too old to start a new career. Good luck getting the DS Unit!

mikejones1
07-12-08, 10:33 am
I currently cheat all the time... once or twice a day usually. I'm probably going to be starting the Anabolic Diet on monday though, so I'll be keeping it clean during the week from now on, and only eating cheat type meals on the weekends.

what kind of diet is this that you will be starting?

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 11:08 am
Harder is always the goal. Look forward to the next one.

The ABC this coming weekend will be a leg workout for me... you gonna be able to make it?

Dude, you are an 88M and they let you stay in the IRR? They pulled a lot of my friends from the PR NG to fill slots at the beginning on 2004! Re-Enlist... It depends on how many years you have in, if I was under 10, I would had stayed out, but now I got no choice, plus I'm too old to start a new career. Good luck getting the DS Unit!

Yep... that happened to alot of guys that I went over with in 2004. I recently got lucky... my unit just got deployed again last month but they didn't need me. I've got 7.5 yrs in... the only reason I'm thinking about re-enlisting is because of the bonus, lol...

what kind of diet is this that you will be starting?

Anabolic diet... high fat/protein, low carb during the week and high everything on the weekends.

Check it out... http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 11:30 am
7-10-08
Chest/Shoulders

27 sets in 70 minutes...

1. Incline BB Bench Press
135 x 25
185 x 20
225 x 15
275 x 8
295 x 3
315 x 2
225 x 18

2. Seated DB Shoulder Press
60's x 15
75's x 12 *shoulder pain*

3. Weighted Dips
BW x 20
+45 x 15
+90 x 12
+135 x 10
+180 x 7
+135 x 12
+90 x 20
+45 x 30
BW x 40

4. Low Cable Crossovers
60 x 15
70 x 12
80 x 10
60 x 20
---alternating with---
4. BTB 1 Arm Cable Laterals
15 x 20/20
20 x 15/15
25 x 12/12
15 x 25/25

5. BB Shoulder Raises
45 x 25

Great workout with Shawn in Vegas... I hit two big PRs on incline BB and weighted dips. I really wanted to do some db shoulder presses but my shoulder joints weren't having any of that, which was weird because they felt fine on the heavy presses/dips. Oh well... somehow I'll survive without them. Low cable crossovers and cable laterals went well, and my shoulders were burning nicely after the front bb raise burn set.

mcbeast
07-12-08, 11:32 am
315 is heavy shit dude.I love cable laterals!

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 12:40 pm
315 is heavy shit dude.I love cable laterals!

Haha yeah, it wasn't light. I usually do db laterals, but I substitute cables in every once in a while... they're a good variation.

pmug0000
07-12-08, 12:51 pm
Good lord I don't think I've done that many dips in my life! That whole workout was amazing.

Maiden69
07-12-08, 12:53 pm
Yep... that happened to alot of guys that I went over with in 2004. I recently got lucky... my unit just got deployed again last month but they didn't need me. I've got 7.5 yrs in... the only reason I'm thinking about re-enlisting is because of the bonus, lol...

Same here, I was going to get out, or just go on cruise control my last 9 yrs, but 35G is offering $23K to reup, so I took it.

Sorry to hear about that shoulder! I get some pain on the rear delt doing one arm OH triceps extensions, but I'm not hoisting the weights you are, gotta long road to go!!!

js71474
07-12-08, 1:08 pm
Congrats on the PR's! Hammered out another great workout. The hard work you consistently put in is awe inspiring, keep it up Hola, doing great bro!

mcbeast
07-12-08, 1:49 pm
Clear your inbox,and thanks for the advice bro.I will be making calls monday.

shizz702
07-12-08, 5:05 pm
Yea that was a great workout bro! It was amazing seeing you hit that 315 on the incline and do them dips with 4 plates! Lol like I said I think that was the most I've ever seen someone hit on the dips at that gym!

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 5:30 pm
Good lord I don't think I've done that many dips in my life! That whole workout was amazing.

Haha, thanks man... I was really happy with my dipping strength that workout.

Same here, I was going to get out, or just go on cruise control my last 9 yrs, but 35G is offering $23K to reup, so I took it.

Sorry to hear about that shoulder! I get some pain on the rear delt doing one arm OH triceps extensions, but I'm not hoisting the weights you are, gotta long road to go!!!

Yeah, its hard to pass up a lump sum like that, especially if its tax-free. The shoulder isn't that big of a deal... it bothers me on some exercises, like bb/db shoulder presses, but I usually just avoid them... I'd rather avoid exercises that hurt than suffer through them and make it worse.

Congrats on the PR's! Hammered out another great workout. The hard work you consistently put in is awe inspiring, keep it up Hola, doing great bro!

Thanks man.

Clear your inbox,and thanks for the advice bro.I will be making calls monday.

Good deal... let me know what you find out.

Yea that was a great workout bro! It was amazing seeing you hit that 315 on the incline and do them dips with 4 plates! Lol like I said I think that was the most I've ever seen someone hit on the dips at that gym!

I don't doubt it... weighted dips aren't something you see alot of guys do. Hell yeah it was a good workout bro... I might be back in September for another conference... we'll have to hit the gym and steak/eggs again, lol...

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 5:33 pm
7-12-08
Quads/Hams/Calves

28 sets in 70 minutes...

1. Squats (warmups)
135 x 20
225 x 15
315 x 10

2. Box Squats (15" box, wide stance, above parallel w/ knee sleeves)
405 x 10
495 x 8
585 x 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LdDDU1IT7k
405 x 15

3. Machine Hack Squats
135 x 20
225 x 15
315 x 12
405 x 10
495 x 6
315 x 20

4. Machine Calf Raises
400 x 60 (stack)
400 x 60
400 x 60
400 x 60
400 x 60
---alternating with---
4. Walking BW Lunges
30 steps
30 steps
30 steps
30 steps
30 steps
---alternating with---
4. Lying Leg Curls
135 x 15
150 x 15
165 x 15
155 x 15
145 x 15

Great workout... I haven't done heavy box squats in awhile so I decided to give them a shot. 585x5 is another big PR for me... I remember not too long ago when I barely did it for 1 rep. Machine hacks afterwards tore my quads up even more... by the time I got to 5 plates/side it was all I could do to get 6 reps. The calf raise, walking lunge, leg curl giant set was fun as usual, lol... my legs were toast by the end. I weighed in at 214lbs today... not ripped to shreds but I'm happy with it. Tomorrow is arm day baby... I'm gonna attempt 355 on CGBP... wish me luck, lol...

shizz702
07-12-08, 5:35 pm
I don't doubt it... weighted dips aren't something you see alot of guys do. Hell yeah it was a good workout bro... I might be back in September for another conference... we'll have to hit the gym and steak/eggs again, lol...

Lol well it's not too uncommon to see some guys do weighted dips here and there but it's not everyday you see someone doing them with 4 plates!

Yea bro anytime your down here let me know!

Big C
07-12-08, 5:48 pm
Looks like we both killed legs on the same day....way to go bro nice work. Good luck walking on Sunday, like the circuit at the end too.

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 7:45 pm
Lol well it's not too uncommon to see some guys do weighted dips here and there but it's not everyday you see someone doing them with 4 plates!

Yea bro anytime your down here let me know!

True, true...

For sure!

Looks like we both killed legs on the same day....way to go bro nice work. Good luck walking on Sunday, like the circuit at the end too.

Yeah we did! I think I'm going to mow my grass tonight before the soreness sets in, lol...

zanderfever
07-12-08, 8:43 pm
Hola, when'd you start using knee wraps?

Maharg
07-12-08, 9:57 pm
How do you like those knee sleeves? I was gonna order this special from APT where its two ply convicts sleeves for knees and elbows. Would you reccomend those or something like the single ply you have?

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 10:54 pm
Hola, when'd you start using knee wraps?

I've had them for awhile... I only use them when I go over 5 plates on box squats, and for extremely heavy leg presses.

How do you like those knee sleeves? I was gonna order this special from APT where its two ply convicts sleeves for knees and elbows. Would you reccomend those or something like the single ply you have?

They're pretty nice, helps to keep my knees stabilized... I don't know what the difference is between the single and double ply is though.

mcbeast
07-12-08, 11:34 pm
I like your little bounce in the video at the end,haha.
Killer session.

Hola Bola
07-12-08, 11:51 pm
I like your little bounce in the video at the end,haha.
Killer session.

Haha yeah... gotta stretch out the ol' quads after a set like that!

zanderfever
07-13-08, 12:37 am
I've had them for awhile... I only use them when I go over 5 plates on box squats, and for extremely heavy leg presses.

Good to know, thanks.

Hola Bola
07-13-08, 12:34 pm
Good to know, thanks.

No problem... I don't think the majority of people would need them until they are moving a similar amount of weight... or if they have pre-existing knee issues, they would probably help for that as well.

zanderfever
07-13-08, 12:38 pm
No problem... I don't think the majority of people would need them until they are moving a similar amount of weight... or if they have pre-existing knee issues, they would probably help for that as well.

Ok, so get knee wraps in about 8 years, got it.

jonnydunz
07-13-08, 6:10 pm
7-12-08
Quads/Hams/Calves

28 sets in 70 minutes...

1. Squats (warmups)
135 x 20
225 x 15
315 x 10

2. Box Squats (15" box, wide stance, above parallel w/ knee sleeves)
405 x 10
495 x 8
585 x 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LdDDU1IT7k
405 x 15

3. Machine Hack Squats
135 x 20
225 x 15
315 x 12
405 x 10
495 x 6
315 x 20

4. Machine Calf Raises
400 x 60 (stack)
400 x 60
400 x 60
400 x 60
400 x 60
---alternating with---
4. Walking BW Lunges
30 steps
30 steps
30 steps
30 steps
30 steps
---alternating with---
4. Lying Leg Curls
135 x 15
150 x 15
165 x 15
155 x 15
145 x 15

Great workout... I haven't done heavy box squats in awhile so I decided to give them a shot. 585x5 is another big PR for me... I remember not too long ago when I barely did it for 1 rep. Machine hacks afterwards tore my quads up even more... by the time I got to 5 plates/side it was all I could do to get 6 reps. The calf raise, walking lunge, leg curl giant set was fun as usual, lol... my legs were toast by the end. I weighed in at 214lbs today... not ripped to shreds but I'm happy with it. Tomorrow is arm day baby... I'm gonna attempt 355 on CGBP... wish me luck, lol...

man you are motivating me man for when i can get back to training my legs like i want to do. almost done with my rehab man. man you re setting a great standard and your legs show that you are putting in the work man. got my respect big time man. peace.

shizz702
07-13-08, 6:21 pm
Good job killing them legs bro!

Pizzalamp
07-13-08, 9:56 pm
haha i like the comment someone made on your leg press video "those shorts are probably baggy on other people"

great workout Hola

Jonken
07-14-08, 9:03 am
damn bro, thats one serious leg workout, grats on the PR.

Maiden69
07-14-08, 9:57 am
That was a great leg workout! Never seen box squats before, I have seen guys using a bench as a stop point but not to sit on them like that! I'm so jealous right now! Today is legs day, but I can't do shit yet, I had a knee scope to fix a thorn meniscus on the 27th, and it is a bit stiff still. I might go and do very light leg ext and leg curls. And maybe some sizzy squats if I can handle them.

Also thanks for posting that link for StrongLifts.com. I read about Di Pasquale's diet many years ago, but never give it a try since I thought it was the same as Atkins. I read from that site all weekend I ordered the book last night. I also ordered that 5x5 workout to give it a try. I need to jump start myself, gotten too fat since the injury.

Hola Bola
07-14-08, 11:50 am
Ok, so get knee wraps in about 8 years, got it.

lol...

man you are motivating me man for when i can get back to training my legs like i want to do. almost done with my rehab man. man you re setting a great standard and your legs show that you are putting in the work man. got my respect big time man. peace.

Glad I could help motivate you!

Good job killing them legs bro!

Thanks buddy... we'll definately have to train legs the next time I'm in Vegas.

haha i like the comment someone made on your leg press video "those shorts are probably baggy on other people"

great workout Hola

Haha, I thought that was pretty funny too.

damn bro, thats one serious leg workout, grats on the PR.

Thanks man.

That was a great leg workout! Never seen box squats before, I have seen guys using a bench as a stop point but not to sit on them like that! I'm so jealous right now! Today is legs day, but I can't do shit yet, I had a knee scope to fix a thorn meniscus on the 27th, and it is a bit stiff still. I might go and do very light leg ext and leg curls. And maybe some sizzy squats if I can handle them.

Also thanks for posting that link for StrongLifts.com. I read about Di Pasquale's diet many years ago, but never give it a try since I thought it was the same as Atkins. I read from that site all weekend I ordered the book last night. I also ordered that 5x5 workout to give it a try. I need to jump start myself, gotten too fat since the injury.

Box squats are more of a pl'ing thing, but I like to do them occasionally. Good luck with the light leg workout today... if they don't bother you, toss some bodyweight lunges into the mix.

I'm starting the Anabolic Diet today... I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

shizz702
07-14-08, 8:26 pm
Hell yea man too bad we didn't get to train legs while you were here. I'd consider that your specialty ;)

Good luck with the diet, let me know how it goes!

Big C
07-14-08, 8:33 pm
I thought this thread was pinned? lol. I don't like having to search for it haha.

Maiden69
07-14-08, 8:47 pm
I can't wait to get the book here! I'll let you know, but I know that I will hear from you first. I did them lounges (used a 20lb bar), first time I do them without a sharp pain in the knee. Thanks for that little push bro, I wouldn't had done it just from the pain I use to get.

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 11:19 am
7-13-08
Biceps/Triceps

28 sets in 60 minutes...

1. BW Dips
---alternating with---
1. BW Hammer Chins

2. BB CGBP
135 x 20
185 x 15
225 x 10
275 x 6
315 x 3
330 x 1.5
225 x 25
---alternating with---
2. DB Curls
40's x 15
50's x 12
60's x 10
65's x 8
75's x 6
65's x 11 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FVOzTJ4RwI
55's x 15/15

3. Low Cable Curls
130 x 15
150 x 12
170 x 10
190 x 8
160 x 15
---alternating with---
3. OH DB Extensions
100 x 15
120 x 12
135 x 10
150 x 7
130 x 16

4. BW Dips
---alternating with---
4. BW Hammer Chins

Decent workout... I wanted to try a new 1RM on CGBP but I just wasn't feeling it. My left forearm was bothering me during curls... there was a dull ache that was more annoying than anything, although I think it did hurt some of my heavier sets. It bothered me the most during the low cable curls... the db curls weren't too bad. OH DB ext's were ok. Back workout next...

mcbeast
07-15-08, 11:22 am
7-13-08
Biceps/Triceps

28 sets in 60 minutes...

1. BW Dips
---alternating with---
1. BW Hammer Chins

2. BB CGBP
135 x 20
185 x 15
225 x 10
275 x 6
315 x 3
330 x 1.5
225 x 25
---alternating with---
2. DB Curls
40's x 15
50's x 12
60's x 10
65's x 8
75's x 6
65's x 12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FVOzTJ4RwI
55's x 15/15

3. Low Cable Curls
130 x 15
150 x 12
170 x 10
190 x 8
160 x 15
---alternating with---
3. OH DB Extensions
100 x 15
120 x 12
135 x 10
150 x 7
130 x 16

4. BW Dips
---alternating with---
4. BW Hammer Chins

Decent workout... I wanted to try a new 1RM on CGBP but I just wasn't feeling it. My left forearm was bothering me during curls... there was a dull ache that was more annoying than anything, although I think it did hurt some of my heavier sets. It bothered me the most during the low cable curls... the db curls weren't too bad. OH DB ext's were ok. Back workout next...

150 on the overheads is pretty beast dude.Try doing Bb overhead extensions with 135,lets see the looks people give you.

Themostocles
07-15-08, 12:22 pm
his mediocre lifts crush my best. Total freak! -T.

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 2:40 pm
Hell yea man too bad we didn't get to train legs while you were here. I'd consider that your specialty ;)

Good luck with the diet, let me know how it goes!

I wonder what kind of looks I'd have gotten doing box squats with 585, lol...

I just started it yesterday, and its going pretty good so far. I'm going to be starting a log in the diet section... I'll post the link to it once I get it up and running.

I thought this thread was pinned? lol. I don't like having to search for it haha.

Haha, yeah... idk what happened.

I can't wait to get the book here! I'll let you know, but I know that I will hear from you first. I did them lounges (used a 20lb bar), first time I do them without a sharp pain in the knee. Thanks for that little push bro, I wouldn't had done it just from the pain I use to get.

I think you'll like it. Its a little weird at first, but so far so good.

Good deal... I'm glad you were able to do them pain-free. Don't worry about using much weight for those... just bodyweight can be enough if you're supersetting them with another leg exercise or two.

150 on the overheads is pretty beast dude.Try doing Bb overhead extensions with 135,lets see the looks people give you.

Thanks man... yeah, I'm used to the looks at this point.

his mediocre lifts crush my best. Total freak! -T.

I've got a few years on you... give it time!

Maharg
07-15-08, 2:49 pm
Haha, yeah... idk what happened.

You are no longer the flavor of the month.

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 2:55 pm
You are no longer the flavor of the month.

lol... there were about 5-6 pinned journals... now theres only 1. Its cool though... I'll still train just as hard as before.

B Con
07-15-08, 3:05 pm
Thanks for the kind words... I love that song in your curling vid as well haha ... way to give your arms hell... been reading up on that anabolic diet as well.. I think I may be trying that very soon...in the mean time you have me addicted to those PB&Js haha

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 4:40 pm
Thanks for the kind words... I love that song in your curling vid as well haha ... way to give your arms hell... been reading up on that anabolic diet as well.. I think I may be trying that very soon...in the mean time you have me addicted to those PB&Js haha

Hell yeah... Steve Miller Band rules.

You can still eat PB&J's... just only on your carb-up days.

mcbeast
07-15-08, 4:42 pm
I saw 405x20 box squat,i think Maharg is box squatting today.You two should box squat off
Oh,i searched youtube,and you seem to have the best (weight,reps) box squats on there

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 4:56 pm
I saw 405x20 box squat,i think Maharg is box squatting today.You two should box squat off
Oh,i searched youtube,and you seem to have the best (weight,reps) box squats on there

Haha, that sounds like fun... if he shows up at this weekend's ABC event here in KC we might have to do just that.

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 4:59 pm
Here's the link to my Anabolic Diet log on bb.com... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109220161

Plus some pics from this weekend... they will serve as my "before" pictures...

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9747/holafront71308mt3.jpghttp://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8098/holasidechest71308he8.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4153/holafrontbi71308zt9.jpghttp://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5026/holarearbi71308uq0.jpg

Maiden69
07-15-08, 5:13 pm
Subs over there, no post, I'll just follow it up.

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 5:21 pm
Subs over there, no post, I'll just follow it up.

Good deal man... let me know when you start it up.

Pizzalamp
07-15-08, 5:46 pm
good luck w/ the diet...i have the book and have been reading it...interested to see how u do on it

shizz702
07-15-08, 7:43 pm
Great job killing them arms Blake!

Sooner or later you're gonna hit 4 pies on the close grip!

Hola Bola
07-15-08, 10:05 pm
good luck w/ the diet...i have the book and have been reading it...interested to see how u do on it

Its going well so far... I've already started leaning out considerably and its only the 2nd day. I'll be posting todays meals and thoughts in my AD log in a bit... you can read all about it there.

Great job killing them arms Blake!

Sooner or later you're gonna hit 4 pies on the close grip!

Thanks man. 4 plates is a long term goal... 365 would be nice though!

Hola Bola
07-16-08, 2:44 pm
7-15-08
Back/Traps

26 sets in 90 minutes...

1. Rack Pulls (knee level/50lb bar/deloaded)
140 x 15
230 x 12
320 x 10
410 x 8
500 x 6
600 x 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QksfDv7xs-4
500 x 10 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNxIHr_AWmI

2. Close Hammer Grip Lat Pulldowns
225 x 15
255 x 12
285 x 10
310 x 10 (stack+10)
270 x 15
---alternating with---
2. Plate Loaded Shrugs
2 plates/side x 20
3 plates/side x 20
4 plates/side x 15
5 plates/side x 12
4 plates/side x 20

3. HS Iso Low Rows
3 plates/side x 20
4 plates/side x 15
5 plates/side x 15
4 plates/side x 25
---alternating with---
3. 1 Arm Bent Rear DB Raises
35 x 15/15
40 x 15/15
45 x 15/15
50 x 15/15 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFYWNEFHLAk

4. Smith Machine Shrugs
405 x 15 - 315 x 15 - 225 x 20 - 135 x 30 (dropset)

Interesting workout... my 2nd day of low carb and my endurance suffered after the first 30 minutes. In between sets I felt like I had just got done running a marathon, but my strength levels were way up, and stayed way up throughout the workout. Everything went really well, it just took me longer than normal to finish the workout.

LittleMan55
07-16-08, 2:47 pm
Great work bout Hola! Cutting the carbs back is hell on the endurance that is for sure. Good luck with the diet though, sounds like things are already going well though.

mcbeast
07-16-08, 2:49 pm
Sickening numbers.Lat pulldowns & rack deads are amazing.

shizz702
07-16-08, 2:53 pm
Good job Blake! I see you got 600 this time on the rack pulls!

SizeMatters
07-16-08, 5:22 pm
killed it as usual good shit man

Hola Bola
07-16-08, 6:20 pm
Great work bout Hola! Cutting the carbs back is hell on the endurance that is for sure. Good luck with the diet though, sounds like things are already going well though.

Yeah it is... my leg workout today should be interesting... I might have to cut the volume back a little bit... we'll see.

Sickening numbers.Lat pulldowns & rack deads are amazing.

What kind of numbers do you pull on racks? I know you're good at deadlifts... just curious.

Good job Blake! I see you got 600 this time on the rack pulls!

Yep... all I needed was a little practice in Vegas and I was good to go, lol...

killed it as usual good shit man

Thanks man.

mcbeast
07-16-08, 6:29 pm
Go on aim.Im sure strapped strongest range i could pull well over 6.I was out for a few months from messing up on rack deads last summer.I have a 525 from the floor.

Hola Bola
07-16-08, 7:01 pm
Go on aim.Im sure strapped strongest range i could pull well over 6.I was out for a few months from messing up on rack deads last summer.I have a 525 from the floor.

Good shit man.

B Con
07-16-08, 10:02 pm
Anytime cutting carbs its gonna be tough on the endurance.. I noticed that during my last cut, and it was oh so brutal. Almost plays mind games on ya... keep with it though.

I am gonna swap over to the anabolic diet once I start my test/stak combo in early August.

Hola Bola
07-16-08, 10:24 pm
Anytime cutting carbs its gonna be tough on the endurance.. I noticed that during my last cut, and it was oh so brutal. Almost plays mind games on ya... keep with it though.

I am gonna swap over to the anabolic diet once I start my test/stak combo in early August.

Yeah... I've found it to be a mind game mostly so far. It hasn't hurt my strength levels at all... in fact they've gone way up.

Hola Bola
07-16-08, 10:27 pm
7-16-08
Quads/Hams/Calves

24 sets in 60 minutes...

1. Squats (warmups)
135 x 20
225 x 15
315 x 10

2. 45 Degree Leg Press
4 plates x 25
8 plates x 20
12 plates x 15
16 plates x 12
20 plates x 10
20 plates +200 x 8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9_lgYw6lUA
20 plates x 15
16 plates x 25 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nfq3vPQBJE
12 plates x 30

3. Machine Donkey Calf Raises
285 x 50 (stack)
285 x 50
285 x 50
285 x 50
---alternating with---
3. Walking BW Lunges
40 steps
40 steps
40 steps
40 steps
---alternating with---
3. Lying Leg Curls
140 x 20
160 x 20
180 x 15
200 x 15

Great workout... I went into it with a cold, coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose all day, but I still managed to get alot done in a short amount of time. My endurance still sucked... I felt like I'd been run over by a train between every set, but I just myself to keep up the pace and it didn't affect my strength levels at all. The circuit of calf raises, walking lunges, and leg curls went really well also.

zanderfever
07-16-08, 10:38 pm
I would like to take this moment to say,

...beastly

Big C
07-16-08, 11:04 pm
I don't say this often but....impressive my bro. Working out with any sickness absolutely sucks. Double up your Pak dosage you should be good to go.

mcbeast
07-16-08, 11:08 pm
You werent sick! Liar..

haha awesome work

shizz702
07-16-08, 11:17 pm
Way to push through it bro! Lol I noticed with the 20 plates it's looks as if there isn't any more room to add plates, looks like you may have to find a new machine ;)

Hola Bola
07-17-08, 11:50 am
I would like to take this moment to say,

...beastly

Haha, thanks.

I don't say this often but....impressive my bro. Working out with any sickness absolutely sucks. Double up your Pak dosage you should be good to go.

Yeah it does... I was sniffling and sneezing through the whole workout.

You werent sick! Liar..

haha awesome work

lol... thanks dude.

Way to push through it bro! Lol I noticed with the 20 plates it's looks as if there isn't any more room to add plates, looks like you may have to find a new machine ;)

22 regular plates will fit on there... if you noticed though, it was 20 plates plus a 100lb plate on each side... that was the most I could put on, and even then I was worried that the 100lb plates were going to fall off. Theres only one leg press that I know of in the area that I can't max out, but its at a gym that I don't have a membership to.

LittleMan55
07-17-08, 11:54 am
Looks like you didnt have to cut back on the volume after all... LOL

Great leg day!

jonnydunz
07-17-08, 12:43 pm
awesome workout man and i see that you are still getting stronger during your time of cutting. great job man and motivation for all that come by this journey. peace.

shizz702
07-17-08, 12:49 pm
Lol maybe you could switch to doing one leg at a time then cause at the rate you're going all that weight won't be enough for both! Or you could just load it up with 100's instead, if there isn't enough 100's tell the gym manager to invest in some lol!

Hola Bola
07-17-08, 1:52 pm
Looks like you didnt have to cut back on the volume after all... LOL

Great leg day!

Haha, I cut it back a little... normally I do closer to 30 sets for legs.

awesome workout man and i see that you are still getting stronger during your time of cutting. great job man and motivation for all that come by this journey. peace.

Thanks man... I'm not really cutting though... right now is more of a maintenance/acclimation phase. Yesterday I ate 4800 calories... but only 40g carbs. I've lost some weight, but I'm alot more vascular, so I think its just water.

Lol maybe you could switch to doing one leg at a time then cause at the rate you're going all that weight won't be enough for both! Or you could just load it up with 100's instead, if there isn't enough 100's tell the gym manager to invest in some lol!

They have 4 100's at my gym... I'm not really worried about running out of weight though. Until I can do sets of 20 with the sled full there is still room for improvement.

Hola Bola
07-17-08, 8:52 pm
7-17-08
Chest/Shoulders

29 sets in 80 minutes...

1. Incline BB Bench Press
135 x 25
185 x 20
225 x 15
275 x 6
300 x 3
315 x 1
320 x 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDUrdyoD-w4
275 x 6
225 x 16

2. Low Incline Smith Machine Presses
135 x 25
185 x 20
225 x 15
275 x 12
225 x 20
185 x 30

3. Plate Loaded Dip Machine
180 x 25
270 x 20
360 x 15
450 x 12
540 x 10
650 x 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0kFzAXTFco
450 x 15
360 x 20

4. Machine Chest Flys
180 x 15
210 x 15
240 x 12
---alternating with---
4. BB Shoulder Raises
45 x 25
45 x 25
45 x 25

Good workout... strength was solid again, and endurance didn't become a problem until the very end. I sneezed and coughed my way through this workout... if you look closely at the start of my incline vid you can see me do both, lol... Off day tomorrow... hopefully I can get rid of this cold.

Pizzalamp
07-17-08, 9:00 pm
awesome workout hola

impressive inclines and dip...i thought the guy in the dip video was gonna hold down the machine so it didnt tip over w/ all the weight

good luck w/ your cold...take olive leaf extract, good for immune system

Maharg
07-18-08, 7:59 am
I liked how your partner had to shrug up the weight when you were getting set on the Dip machine.

And i laughed at the look of pure agony after 16x25 on leg press.

shizz702
07-18-08, 9:48 am
Congrats on those PR's bro! Hope you get rid of that cold soon.

LittleMan55
07-18-08, 11:14 am
Crazy good wo as usual! Hope you kick the cold soon...

Hola Bola
07-18-08, 11:12 pm
awesome workout hola

impressive inclines and dip...i thought the guy in the dip video was gonna hold down the machine so it didnt tip over w/ all the weight

good luck w/ your cold...take olive leaf extract, good for immune system

Thanks man... he just had to help me lift the weight up so I could sit down in the machine, lol...

I liked how your partner had to shrug up the weight when you were getting set on the Dip machine.

And i laughed at the look of pure agony after 16x25 on leg press.

You sick bastard... that was painful, not funny!!!

Congrats on those PR's bro! Hope you get rid of that cold soon.

I've been taking Nyquil... its helped alot since yesterday.

Crazy good wo as usual! Hope you kick the cold soon...

Thanks man.

Maharg
07-18-08, 11:24 pm
You sick bastard... that was painful, not funny!!!

It was funny to me because i knew it was painful.

Hola Bola
07-18-08, 11:29 pm
It was funny to me because i knew it was painful.

Its too bad you can't make it this weekend... I'd have a super funny leg workout lined up for you.

Maharg
07-18-08, 11:37 pm
Its too bad you can't make it this weekend... I'd have a super funny leg workout lined up for you.

Its to bad, cause i would carry a merry tune all the way through. Can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

Whats the worse you can do? Cripple me?

Hola Bola
07-18-08, 11:38 pm
Its to bad, cause i would carry a merry tune all the way through. Can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

Whats the worse you can do? Cripple me?

lol... thats the spirit!

Maharg
07-18-08, 11:44 pm
I got a lifting Session lined up with J-Rock for the Classic, so i figure i will be laughing for days after that experience.

Hola Bola
07-19-08, 10:41 am
I got a lifting Session lined up with J-Rock for the Classic, so i figure i will be laughing for days after that experience.

Haha... sounds like fun to me!

jonnydunz
07-19-08, 6:29 pm
hope that you are feeling better man. weird time to be getting a cold. heard of someone else who got sick recently. well take care of yourself man and look forward to your return back to the gym. peace.

Maiden69
07-19-08, 6:34 pm
Hey, just finished the book. Like to point out that on this one it says that it is normal to feel cold/flu symptoms while adapting to the diet on the firsts weeks. So that might be what you are going thru.

Hola Bola
07-19-08, 7:08 pm
hope that you are feeling better man. weird time to be getting a cold. heard of someone else who got sick recently. well take care of yourself man and look forward to your return back to the gym. peace.

Thanks man, but I didn't let it keep me out of the gym. Its gonna take more than that to make me skip a workout, lol...

Hey, just finished the book. Like to point out that on this one it says that it is normal to feel cold/flu symptoms while adapting to the diet on the firsts weeks. So that might be what you are going thru.

I didn't just feel the symptoms... I had a full blown cold. But like you said, it probably has something to do with the new diet.

shizz702
07-19-08, 8:01 pm
Hey bro just checked out your AD log. Looks spot on bro! So what's the deal you carbing up today? Bet you can't wait to take in some carbs after this week lol.

ROC1291
07-19-08, 8:20 pm
Hola... I remember watching some of your videos last week and you inspired me. I never thought you'd be as cut up as you looked.

I myself am around 13% bodyfat and was thinking about ordering some Thermo Green Tea Tabs to help shed some fat and get cut.
I seem to have a thicker waist and store fat around those parts much more easily.

What are your suggestions for cardio? I've never really enjoyed doing it, but I wanna get cut while maintaining my strength and eating big and clean.

I might try HOC, which is what boxers and lifeguards do. It's where you run a certain amount of seconds, then go into push ups, situps, and sometimes squats. After a 20-25 of each, you go back to running. Im scared I might lose muscle...

What do you suggest?

Also... What do you suggest for shoulders?
I break my delts up on Chest, Back, and Arms Day.
Chest is Medial Delt Work, Back is Some Medial and Some Rear. And Arms is More Medial Delt work... No Direct Front Work.

Fury317
07-19-08, 8:36 pm
Good luck with the new diet Hola. I had no idea you were starting a new one. I read the log over at BB and doesnt everyone just love tossing in their own suggestions haha. Everyone's an expert. Stay strong bro, keep at it, I know from experience low carb diets are tough.

Hola Bola
07-19-08, 8:44 pm
Hey bro just checked out your AD log. Looks spot on bro! So what's the deal you carbing up today? Bet you can't wait to take in some carbs after this week lol.

I decided to hold off on the carb up day... the original book says to just do the regular 5 days low carb, then start your carb up the first weekend... the newer edition says to go 12 days straight low carb before carbing up. The rationale is to make your body become fat adapted within the first 12 days, instead of it taking up to a month. The downside to going 12 days is that most people crash hard somewhere around day 8-10. I doubt I'll go the full 12 days, but I figured since I still felt fine and my workouts were still going great I'd keep the low carb going.

Hola... I remember watching some of your videos last week and you inspired me. I never thought you'd be as cut up as you looked.

Thanks man.

I myself am around 13% bodyfat and was thinking about ordering some Thermo Green Tea Tabs to help shed some fat and get cut.
I seem to have a thicker waist and store fat around those parts much more easily.

Thats normal for men... we hold fat around our waist, while women tend to hold it on their hips/legs. A fat burner would probably help a little, but the majority of the work is going to have to be done by your diet.

What are your suggestions for cardio? I've never really enjoyed doing it, but I wanna get cut while maintaining my strength and eating big and clean.

I might try HOC, which is what boxers and lifeguards do. It's where you run a certain amount of seconds, then go into push ups, situps, and sometimes squats. After a 20-25 of each, you go back to running. Im scared I might lose muscle...

What do you suggest?

I personally don't do cardio... IMO theres no need for it if you're strict with your diet. For those worried about general cardiovascular health, I invite them to go through a workout with me... your heartrate will be raised the entire time, I can guarantee it.

Also... What do you suggest for shoulders?
I break my delts up on Chest, Back, and Arms Day.
Chest is Medial Delt Work, Back is Some Medial and Some Rear. And Arms is More Medial Delt work... No Direct Front Work.

I train front/side delts with chest because they work together on any pressing movement you do. I train rear delts with back becaus they assist with any rowing/pulling movement you do. My delts get some work during my arm workouts because I favor heavy compound movements like CGBP and dips, but any work they get is purely incidental.

Good luck with the new diet Hola. I had no idea you were starting a new one. I read the log over at BB and doesnt everyone just love tossing in their own suggestions haha. Everyone's an expert. Stay strong bro, keep at it, I know from experience low carb diets are tough.

You hit the nail on the head with that one, lol... everyone had to put in their 2 cents. I don't mind though... there were a couple really good suggestions. So far its been pretty good... I had a cold for a few days and some headaches the first 2-3 days, but other than that its gone well. I was going to keep a log here as well, but there's not really a diet log section... I didn't want to clog up the nutrition section with a log.

Hola Bola
07-19-08, 8:57 pm
7-19-08
Biceps/Triceps

29 sets in 80 minutes...

1. BW Dips
---alternating with---
1. BW Chins

2. Smith Machine CGBP
135 x 30
185 x 25
225 x 20
275 x 15
315 x 10
335 x 7
275 x 20
225 x 25
---alternating with---
2. DB Curls
45s x 15
55's x 12
65's x 10
75's x 8
85's x 10 (hammer)
60's x 15
50's x 15/15 (1 Arm Concentration)

3. Low Cable Curls
130 x 15
150 x 12
170 x 10
200 x 8 (stack)
170 x 12
---alternating with---
3. V-Bar Cable Pressdowns
200 x 20 (stack)
245 x 15 (stack+45)
245 x 15
245 x 15
200 x 25

4. BW Dips
---alternating with---
4. BW Chins

Another good workout... my continued strength increase is something I have to attribute to the Anabolic Diet... theres just no other explanation. The same can be said of my decreased endurance levels, but they aren't so low that its hindering my workouts... it just makes it mentally harder to keep myself pushing through the workout when I'm continuously panting/sweating my ass off. I've dealt with it pretty well so far though. No pain, no gain, right?

Sir J-Werk
07-19-08, 9:58 pm
Just caught up with all that you've been up to.... Nice work man.... See you tomorrow!

Maiden69
07-19-08, 11:20 pm
Hola, with the way your workouts are going up in strength I think you did the switch to burning fat already. I don't see you going into that crash at day 10... Can't wait for Monday!

SizeMatters
07-19-08, 11:23 pm
hola u usally avg around 30 sets....whats your record?

Hola Bola
07-20-08, 12:03 pm
Just caught up with all that you've been up to.... Nice work man.... See you tomorrow!

Thanks man... I'm looking forward to a kickass leg workout with the ABC crew.

Hola, with the way your workouts are going up in strength I think you did the switch to burning fat already. I don't see you going into that crash at day 10... Can't wait for Monday!

Thats probably true, and because of that I decided to start my carb-up today.

hola u usally avg around 30 sets....whats your record?

I've done +50 sets in a workout before... I try to keep it around 30 though.

jonnydunz
07-24-08, 6:52 am
its always good to know your body and what it can handle. keep up the great work bro. peace.

ROC1291
07-24-08, 3:18 pm
Hola... Been watching your vids.
I love when you do 585x5 on Box Squats and some shmuck says... "Only slackers sit down."

If only these shitheads on youtube knew...

shizz702
07-24-08, 3:20 pm
I love when you do 585x5 on Box Squats and some shmuck says... "Only slackers sit down."

Lol I can't believe someone said that! Fucking youtubers are amazing, nothing but a bunch of form police wanting to nitpick and criticize incredible feats of strength like Hola's with no videos to back up their comments lol.

Looking foward to your next post blake, hope all is well.

js71474
07-24-08, 9:38 pm
Gun show was impressive as usual bro! 29 sets in 80 minutes, looks like you are hammerin through man. Endurance level looks good to me, with the extra sweating and panting you got to be trimming a little. The vids are killer, been catching up on them. Keep it up Hola, doing a damn fine job!

thelunchbox
07-28-08, 8:39 pm
hey hola my buddy mike told me too check out your vids on youtube. Your not a man your a beast or at least a robot. Where is that gym? heaven or hell? It is glorious

Universal Rep
07-30-08, 2:16 pm
Congrats, HB and welcome.

Big Wides
07-30-08, 3:04 pm
Congrats Hola, well deserved

B Con
07-30-08, 3:05 pm
Congrats Hola... I knew you would be on the team sooner or later... great work as always!

js71474
07-30-08, 3:09 pm
Congrats bro, you definitely deserve it!!

shizz702
07-30-08, 3:13 pm
You're gonna make a great rep!

Maharg
07-30-08, 3:23 pm
So you are gonna give the KC crew the hook up right?

Hola Bola
07-30-08, 7:25 pm
its always good to know your body and what it can handle. keep up the great work bro. peace.

For sure man.

Hahaha... that one was one of the funnier comments.

Lol I can't believe someone said that! Fucking youtubers are amazing, nothing but a bunch of form police wanting to nitpick and criticize incredible feats of strength like Hola's with no videos to back up their comments lol.

Looking foward to your next post blake, hope all is well.

Thats pretty muc youtube in a nutshell, lol...

Gun show was impressive as usual bro! 29 sets in 80 minutes, looks like you are hammerin through man. Endurance level looks good to me, with the extra sweating and panting you got to be trimming a little. The vids are killer, been catching up on them. Keep it up Hola, doing a damn fine job!

Thanks for following along.

hey hola my buddy mike told me too check out your vids on youtube. Your not a man your a beast or at least a robot. Where is that gym? heaven or hell? It is glorious

lol... funny stuff bro. I lift at a few gyms... most of the time its at Gold's in Lee's Summit.

Congrats, HB and welcome.

Congrats Hola... I knew you would be on the team sooner or later... great work as always!

Congrats bro, you definitely deserve it!!

Thanks fellas.

You're gonna make a great rep!

Thanks man, I'll do my best.

So you are gonna give the KC crew the hook up right?

Haha, I'll see what I can do.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-30-08, 7:26 pm
congrats on the rep bola

Reko
07-31-08, 12:19 am
Hey congrats man. Do you do or have you done any BB comps or have one coming up?

Pizzalamp
07-31-08, 8:33 pm
congrats hola!

mcbeast
07-31-08, 10:51 pm
Congrats,btw ive done 65 sets.So shutup!

Haha just messin with ya

Hola Bola
07-31-08, 11:20 pm
congrats on the rep bola

congrats hola!

Thanks guys.

Hey congrats man. Do you do or have you done any BB comps or have one coming up?

I haven't done any bb comps as of yet... I probably will next year.

Congrats,btw ive done 65 sets.So shutup!

Haha just messin with ya

lol...

ATLMusclBro5
08-01-08, 1:43 am
Hey bro. Just a fellow Journeyman along for the ride. Looking forward to reviewing some of your routines to find some wisdom and intensity.

Stay pumped!!

Hola Bola
08-05-08, 12:03 am
Pic from today... still around 210lbs...

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7048/holasidechest8408iq3.jpg

SizeMatters
08-05-08, 1:57 am
beard is look SICK....oh and i guess ur in shape a lil too and shit

davidr
08-05-08, 2:13 am

lookin awesome bro im in, keep up the good work!

jayanticoli
08-05-08, 7:43 am
i'm super intersted in trying your A.D. that your doing.....what do your supplements look like and where do you get all the ground turkey? haha

Big Wides
08-05-08, 10:01 pm

Damn....first off the beard just adds to the size factor. Looking good Hola

Pizzalamp
08-05-08, 10:07 pm
this diet is amazing

u look great-it looks like u have a ripped midsection...hard to tell from shot

Maharg
08-05-08, 10:22 pm

The Beard. Chuck Norris's secret anabolic edge.

SizeMatters
08-06-08, 1:47 am
the beard adds @ least 50lbs to every lift, you cant argue...its science.

dyskee
08-06-08, 2:45 pm
hey hola great progress man. the beared is great. i wanted to tell u that i finished the my first rotation today and it's awesome , i swear i saw some changes in my body , iam leaner and fuller and thats something i always found hard to do. but i have some trouble on back day after the pullups/chinups and the first rowing excercise, i feel my biceps taking over any tips?

js71474
08-06-08, 2:58 pm
Looking good Hola! All the effort and hard work you put in shows! Keep it wolf (beard)!

shizz702
08-06-08, 3:03 pm
Looking good brotha! You seem to look leaner, I notice more veins and striations in your arms and shoulders than before, and your chest and mid section look ripped! Keep up the good work man, you're well on your way to compete (shit your already ready lol)!

Hola Bola
08-06-08, 5:28 pm
beard is look SICK....oh and i guess ur in shape a lil too and shit

lookin awesome bro im in, keep up the good work!

Thanks guys!

i'm super intersted in trying your A.D. that your doing.....what do your supplements look like and where do you get all the ground turkey? haha

Right now I'm taking a multi, Animal Omega, Shock Therapy, Storm, Uni-Liver, and Natural Sterol Complex. I get ground beef and turkey at the grocery store.

this diet is amazing

u look great-it looks like u have a ripped midsection...hard to tell from shot

Yes it is... I'm loving the diet so far. I've definately leaned out... my waist has gone down 1.5" since I started.

The Beard. Chuck Norris's secret anabolic edge.

lol... so true.

the beard adds @ least 50lbs to every lift, you cant argue...its science.

Not quite 50lbs, but my lifts have been improving...

hey hola great progress man. the beared is great. i wanted to tell u that i finished the my first rotation today and it's awesome , i swear i saw some changes in my body , iam leaner and fuller and thats something i always found hard to do. but i have some trouble on back day after the pullups/chinups and the first rowing excercise, i feel my biceps taking over any tips?

Good to hear man... I'm glad you're enjoying it. One way to minimize your bicep involvement is to use an overhand or hammer grip.

Looking good Hola! All the effort and hard work you put in shows! Keep it wolf (beard)!

Thanks man.

Looking good brotha! You seem to look leaner, I notice more veins and striations in your arms and shoulders than before, and your chest and mid section look ripped! Keep up the good work man, you're well on your way to compete (shit your already ready lol)!

I've definately noticed an increase in my vascularity... it will be cool to see what I look like in competition shape!

shizz702
08-06-08, 5:40 pm
Shit bro you already are pretty much are in competition shape! What would you estimate your bf percentage is at this point?

J Wong
08-06-08, 9:23 pm
You're big as hell for weighing 210. Damn.

GJN5002
08-06-08, 9:27 pm
looking great man, ive been checking out your AD log on bb.com too. I had a lot of success with it last summer. Im glad to see another guy support beards in the summer, i think it ups your bench by atleast 10lbs.

Reacher34
08-07-08, 10:19 am
I'll admit, I've been lurking on your thread for a while now, and I've stolen a few pointers. Thanks, by the way.

But I've decided to come out of the shadows and officially subscribe to this thread.

Why......the beard.

GJN5002
08-07-08, 10:35 pm
Hey Hola, I have a question about your AD diet. I would post it on the bb.com blog but im not signed up on there. Do you watch your cholesterol on AD or have it checked? I did AD last summer and loved it but Ive had high LDL for a little while and Im not sure if AD could complicate this. Does the docs AD book touch on this subject at all?

Hola Bola
08-07-08, 10:58 pm
Shit bro you already are pretty much are in competition shape! What would you estimate your bf percentage is at this point?

Probably around 8%... I'd still have a long ways to go to get into contest shape though.

You're big as hell for weighing 210. Damn.

Being 5'7" helps, lol...

looking great man, ive been checking out your AD log on bb.com too. I had a lot of success with it last summer. Im glad to see another guy support beards in the summer, i think it ups your bench by atleast 10lbs.

Haha, I think you're right.

I'll admit, I've been lurking on your thread for a while now, and I've stolen a few pointers. Thanks, by the way.

But I've decided to come out of the shadows and officially subscribe to this thread.

Why......the beard.

The people have spoken... I guess the beard is a winner.

Hey Hola, I have a question about your AD diet. I would post it on the bb.com blog but im not signed up on there. Do you watch your cholesterol on AD or have it checked? I did AD last summer and loved it but Ive had high LDL for a little while and Im not sure if AD could complicate this. Does the docs AD book touch on this subject at all?

I'm not sure about cholesterol, but I had a physical done yesterday so I'll find out soon. My blood pressure has gone down quite a bit though... it was 134/88 about a month ago, and yesterday it was 114/76.

Big C
08-08-08, 8:25 am
Like the new diet Hola. Might try it myself I could stand to lose around my waistline. Any updates on the workouts bro?

Reacher34
08-08-08, 1:12 pm
I've been doing a bit of research about this diet, but I figured I should ask the man who first put me on to it: Where is a good resource to find out more about it. I've read forums online, but want to make sure I fully understand all the rules before I consider it.

Hola Bola
08-08-08, 1:24 pm
Like the new diet Hola. Might try it myself I could stand to lose around my waistline. Any updates on the workouts bro?

Its definately working well in that department. I apologize for not posting my workouts... I've been insanely busy lately but I'll be posting my back workout later today... stay tuned!

I've been doing a bit of research about this diet, but I figured I should ask the man who first put me on to it: Where is a good resource to find out more about it. I've read forums online, but want to make sure I fully understand all the rules before I consider it.

Shoot me your email and I'll send you the ebook.

Hola Bola
08-11-08, 5:26 pm
New pic from yesterday... about 208lbs.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9730/holafront81008mr1.jpg

davidr
08-11-08, 5:43 pm

Damn bro looking good. I have to say you have very motivating videos. You can tell you really work for all your gains and it is very inspirational, keep it up.

Maharg
08-11-08, 7:32 pm

The beard looks shorter. Is that how you lost the 2lbs?

mcbeast
08-11-08, 8:36 pm
Pic looks great brotha inspiration especially with you & I having similar body structure.

shizz702
08-11-08, 8:39 pm
Looking good as always blake. I'd say if you were to lean out just a tad bit more and tan up you'd be ready to compete!

Reacher34
08-11-08, 9:27 pm
Hola, thank you very much for your help so far. I'm on day 3 of the AD. I've also decided to adopt your 12 day split. Basically, trying to replicate what you're doing. Hope you take that as a compliment. I'll let you know how it works out, and I'm sure I'm gonna have a boat-load of questions.

Oh, and if everything goes as planned, I just might have to pay homage to your wisdom and grow a damn beard, lol. I hear it does wonders for your bench press!

Hola Bola
08-12-08, 12:09 pm
Damn bro looking good. I have to say you have very motivating videos. You can tell you really work for all your gains and it is very inspirational, keep it up.

Pic looks great brotha inspiration especially with you & I having similar body structure.

Looking good as always blake. I'd say if you were to lean out just a tad bit more and tan up you'd be ready to compete!

Thanks guys!

The beard looks shorter. Is that how you lost the 2lbs?

lol... I did trim it a few days ago.

Hola, thank you very much for your help so far. I'm on day 3 of the AD. I've also decided to adopt your 12 day split. Basically, trying to replicate what you're doing. Hope you take that as a compliment. I'll let you know how it works out, and I'm sure I'm gonna have a boat-load of questions.

Oh, and if everything goes as planned, I just might have to pay homage to your wisdom and grow a damn beard, lol. I hear it does wonders for your bench press!

Good deal man... I hope the diet and training goes well for you. Feel free to ask questions about either one.

SizeMatters
08-12-08, 3:08 pm
damn bro ur such a beast. do u bulk, cut or do u just stay lean all year around?

mcbeast
08-12-08, 3:33 pm
damn bro ur such a beast. do u bulk, cut or do u just stay lean all year around?

this freak stays lean AND bulks all year long.

sly06
08-12-08, 3:35 pm
Looking really good Hola! I have been doing the Titan routine for awhile and have seen some pretty good results. I believe it is time to switch things up and I was thinking about your 12 day routine. Can you shoot it to me and let me know the basics of what to do? Thanks Hola!

SizeMatters
08-12-08, 3:43 pm

i believe it bro i believe it.

Hola Bola
08-13-08, 3:13 pm

I stay relatively lean year round. It makes bulking alot more difficult, especially if you're doing it naturally, but I think it works out better in the long run. I don't think I'd be happy being looking like a fat slob for 6 months out of the year.

lol... I wish!!!

Looking really good Hola! I have been doing the Titan routine for awhile and have seen some pretty good results. I believe it is time to switch things up and I was thinking about your 12 day routine. Can you shoot it to me and let me know the basics of what to do? Thanks Hola!

Here is the link to my 12 day rotation... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=94658743&postcount=1658

Its pretty self explanatory but if you have any questions let me know... I'm happy to help.

Pizzalamp
08-13-08, 8:41 pm
hola-is food prep easy or hard on this a.d.?
how do u do your food prep for the week?

thelunchbox
08-13-08, 10:04 pm
the legs are looking huge man. Keep it up maniac

zanderfever
08-13-08, 10:11 pm

I second the questions.

Hola Bola
08-13-08, 10:46 pm

Food prep is easy, especially if you have a George Foreman grill... I cook all my meals on it. I'll cook 2lbs of hamburger at once, made into 4 oz patties, and put them in tupperware containers. Since I usually eat 1lb a day, it doesn't last me very long. I eat alot of eggs and bacon... I either fry the eggs or hardboil them, and I usually cook the bacon in the microwave. Bratwurst, hotdogs, chicken/turkey/pork sausage are all cooked in the Foreman, as well as any other meats I eat... salmon, tilapia, chicken, pork chops, etc. An extremely easy meal is a tuna caesar salad w/ cheese... takes about 2 minutes to throw together. My protein shakes are made with heavy whipping cream, and I eat alot of natty pb as well. The majority of my carbs come from the 16 oz of milk I drink before bed... other than that I keep my carbs pretty low. I hope that answers your question!

the legs are looking huge man. Keep it up maniac

Thanks man.

I second the questions.

See above.

zanderfever
08-13-08, 11:30 pm
Food prep is easy, especially if you have a George Foreman grill... I cook all my meals on it. I'll cook 2lbs of hamburger at once, made into 4 oz patties, and put them in tupperware containers. Since I usually eat 1lb a day, it doesn't last me very long. I eat alot of eggs and bacon... I either fry the eggs or hardboil them, and I usually cook the bacon in the microwave. Bratwurst, hotdogs, chicken/turkey/pork sausage are all cooked in the Foreman, as well as any other meats I eat... salmon, tilapia, chicken, pork chops, etc. An extremely easy meal is a tuna caesar salad w/ cheese... takes about 2 minutes to throw together. My protein shakes are made with heavy whipping cream, and I eat alot of natty pb as well. The majority of my carbs come from the 16 oz of milk I drink before bed... other than that I keep my carbs pretty low. I hope that answers your question!

See above.

Thanks, Hola. Looks like you got your moneys worth with that grill

Hola Bola
08-14-08, 2:05 pm
Thanks, Hola. Looks like you got your moneys worth with that grill

Haha, definately!!!

Sir J-Werk
08-14-08, 2:15 pm
Blake, looks like I will be in KC again this weekend.... I'll have arms coming up on Saturday.... I'm sure you're on something else but regardless, want to meet up at Golds?

Hola Bola
08-14-08, 3:21 pm
Blake, looks like I will be in KC again this weekend.... I'll have arms coming up on Saturday.... I'm sure you're on something else but regardless, want to meet up at Golds?

I'm actually hitting arms as well, lol... that works out nicely. What time you thinking?

Sir J-Werk
08-14-08, 11:16 pm
I'm actually hitting arms as well, lol... that works out nicely. What time you thinking?

haha, that's uncanny.... Um... 3ish?

Hola Bola
08-15-08, 1:22 pm
haha, that's uncanny.... Um... 3ish?

I'm not sure yet, but sometime in the early afternoon should be fine. I'll give you a call in the morning. Chuck and Drew will probably lift with us as well.

Sir J-Werk
08-15-08, 1:59 pm
Sounds good. I'll talk to ya in the morning then.

Sir J-Werk
08-16-08, 12:10 am
Change of plans man.... Mom and Dad are taking a little R&R this weekend so I am house and dog sitting.... Sorry this is last minute but I didn't find out until I got home tonight.... Don't suppose you feel like driving to St. Joe do ya? lol....

Themostocles
08-16-08, 12:11 am
And now J gets the goat, hahaha! -T.

Hola Bola
08-16-08, 9:56 am
Change of plans man.... Mom and Dad are taking a little R&R this weekend so I am house and dog sitting.... Sorry this is last minute but I didn't find out until I got home tonight.... Don't suppose you feel like driving to St. Joe do ya? lol....

No problem man... I wasn't sure what time I was going to lift today anyways... I've got family in town so it will be a last minute thing.

And now J gets the goat, hahaha! -T.

lol...

Pizzalamp
08-17-08, 10:30 am
hola
we need some new youtube videos
your fans are waiting!!

mcbeast
08-17-08, 10:31 am
hola
your fans are waiting!!

x2

Hola Bola
08-23-08, 12:14 am
hola
your fans are waiting!!

x2

Sorry guys... no new vids.

Themostocles
08-23-08, 12:14 am
You should be slacker lol. Hows everything going big man? -T.

mcbeast
08-23-08, 12:16 am
Hola,we know you love box squats.& can put up some serious weight.So we made something that might accomodate you better.Perfect fitting,14" box.Made out of high grain wood stuff.

99.99$ Satisfaction guaranteed!

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=79220&tid=63

mcbeast
08-23-08, 12:22 am
AHEM,Meant this pic..
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=79134&tid=124
[sorry,having too much fun on elitefts.com]

sly06
08-23-08, 12:27 am
Your routine is killing me!! Tons of volume and I am always sore. No wonder why you are huge! Thanks for the help and I hope to meet you guys at your next ABC event whenever it might be.

Hola Bola
08-23-08, 11:17 am
You should be slacker lol. Hows everything going big man? -T.

Going good... been super busy, but I don't let anything get in the way of eating or lifting.

Hola,we know you love box squats.& can put up some serious weight.So we made something that might accomodate you better.Perfect fitting,14" box.Made out of high grain wood stuff.

99.99$ Satisfaction guaranteed!

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=79220&tid=63

AHEM,Meant this pic..
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=79134&tid=124
[sorry,having too much fun on elitefts.com]

lmao... nice pics.

Your routine is killing me!! Tons of volume and I am always sore. No wonder why you are huge! Thanks for the help and I hope to meet you guys at your next ABC event whenever it might be.

Awesome! That would be sweet if you could make it to our next ABC.

Hola Bola
08-23-08, 11:20 am
8-19-08
Legs

32 sets in 90 minutes...

1. Squats (warmups)
135 x 20
225 x 15
315 x 10

2. Box Squats (15" box, wide stance, w/ knee sleeves)
315 x 15
405 x 12
495 x 10
545 x 8
405 x 15
315 x 25

3. 45 Degree Leg Press
480 x 30
570 x 25
660 x 20
750 x 20
840 x 20
930 x 20
1020 x 20
1110 x 15
1200 x 12
930 x 20
750 x 30

4. Machine Donkey Calf Raises
285 x 50 (stack)
285 x 50
285 x 50
285 x 60
---alternating with---
4. Walking BW Lunges
40 steps
40 steps
40 steps
40 steps
---alternating with---
4. Lying Leg Curls
170 x 20
200 x 20 (stack)
200 x 20
200 x 20

Wow strong leg workout.

naturalguy
08-23-08, 11:29 am
I don't know if you mentioned this in your journal, Hola Bola will be at the Olympia at the Animal booth!

He will also be at the Olympia ABC the day after the O.

If your going to be in Vegas for the O, make sure you come by the booth. We will be celebrating Animal Pak's 25th anniversary and there will be some cool give aways.

Hola Bola
08-23-08, 11:36 am
I don't know if you mentioned this in your journal, Hola Bola will be at the Olympia at the Animal booth!

He will also be at the Olympia ABC the day after the O.

If your going to be in Vegas for the O, make sure you come by the booth. We will be celebrating Animal Pak's 25th anniversary and there will be some cool give aways.

Hell yeah... I can't wait!

Are we going to try and lift at all on thrus/friday/saturday as well?

naturalguy
08-23-08, 12:00 pm
Hell yeah... I can't wait!

Are we going to try and lift at all on thrus/friday/saturday as well?

If your hanging with the Animal crew, there will be plenty of training. I spent 3 days with G Diesel in Dallas and all he does is lift and eat.

Hola Bola
08-23-08, 12:02 pm
If your hanging with the Animal crew, there will be plenty of training. I spent 3 days with G Diesel in Dallas and all he does is lift and eat.

Hahaha... I can handle that.