PDA

View Full Version : Cutting with PWO Torrent a good idea??

Brolic621
06-23-08, 8:26 am
Stats: 6'3, 264, 18% bf.

Just a question for my fellow animals. I have been taking Pak, Uni-liver and EAA stack religiously, with Torrent as a pwo, all while cutting. Went from 290 to a current 264 with about 18% bf. Adding muscle has never been a problem for me, but I wanted to be at about 250# and ripped before I started to add more muscle. I just ordered Cuts and was wondering if that added to my current stack will be counterproductive to my goals??

Is cuts and torrent a good idea or should I leave the torrent out pwo altogether........... fyi........ i love Torrent and it truly helps me recover. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PEace!

Fury317
06-23-08, 9:00 am
Do you want to compete in the near future? If not, and you just want to get a lil shredded, I would say Torrent is fine. Youll still be able to burn off that fat while taking it post workout. I think its too good of a supp to pass up if youre not in contest prep. If it were me, I would take cuts first thing in the morning, drink some BCAA do 30 minutes cardio on an empty stomach, then come home and take breakfast with Pak. Getting cardio out of the way first thing is a lot easier mentally and physically, in my opinion. Then you can go back to the gym for you weight session later in the day and drink your Torrent PWO.

stro6531
06-23-08, 9:23 am
Do you want to compete in the near future? If not, and you just want to get a lil shredded, I would say Torrent is fine. Youll still be able to burn off that fat while taking it post workout. I think its too good of a supp to pass up if youre not in contest prep. If it were me, I would take cuts first thing in the morning, drink some BCAA do 30 minutes cardio on an empty stomach, then come home and take breakfast with Pak. Getting cardio out of the way first thing is a lot easier mentally and physically, in my opinion. Then you can go back to the gym for you weight session later in the day and drink your Torrent PWO.

agreed

Brolic621
06-23-08, 9:42 am
Not competing for a show ar anything, just looking to get shredded. I normally dont do cardio in the morning, due to having to be to work so early. I have a 4 day split and I always do about 30 min of HITT on elip or stairclimber post Workout. Thanks for the input though... might need to get up earlier to knock out the Cardio.

simpleguy
06-23-08, 10:01 am
I found this thread for you: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=18880&highlight=torrent+cut

and this one: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17694&highlight=torrent+cut

and this one: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17387&highlight=torrent+cut

and this one: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=18748&highlight=torrent+cut

Brolic621
06-23-08, 12:08 pm
Ty guys........i will check out the links

Enforcer
06-23-08, 12:38 pm
Stats: 6'3, 264, 18% bf.

Just a question for my fellow animals. I have been taking Pak, Uni-liver and EAA stack religiously, with Torrent as a pwo, all while cutting. Went from 290 to a current 264 with about 18% bf. Adding muscle has never been a problem for me, but I wanted to be at about 250# and ripped before I started to add more muscle. I just ordered Cuts and was wondering if that added to my current stack will be counterproductive to my goals??

Is cuts and torrent a good idea or should I leave the torrent out pwo altogether........... fyi........ i love Torrent and it truly helps me recover. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PEace!

You can use Torrent and Cuts if you wanted to. I know Big Ant uses Torrent even when he is dieting.

PORTERHOUSE
10-14-09, 3:22 pm
This might be a dumb question, but can I use something like torrent when cutting? Im thinking it might help me hold on to lean mass, but I see its got a lot of sugar and carbs in it. If not what's a good stack to cut with while holding on to the mass?

note: Im not looking to use cuts right now as I have used it before and had some ill effects.

C.Coronato
10-14-09, 3:41 pm
I wouldnt say you would want to use Torrent for cutting. Like you said the sugar and carbs alone are not the best source for cutting.

Whats the rest of your diet look like? And kind of effects did you experience with Cuts?

TigerAce01
10-14-09, 3:51 pm
Like I've always said, if it works into your macros and goals, go for it. I for one handle carbs very well, the last time I dieted down, I ate about 200g everyday, including hard fast after my workout, which has about the same macros as Torrent.

-Ace

PORTERHOUSE
10-14-09, 7:07 pm
I wouldnt say you would want to use Torrent for cutting. Like you said the sugar and carbs alone are not the best source for cutting.

Whats the rest of your diet look like? And kind of effects did you experience with Cuts?

Right now I'm in week 4 of an 8 week bulk but I've already got all my supps for it. Looking back on it I should have gotten torrent for bulk, but I'll do that next time. My current bulk stack is: Pak/Omega/Pump/M Stak/NSC/Uni liver/Real Gains. Im seeing some solid gains from it and when I diet down I want to hold on to as much of it as possible. I haven't drafted my cut diet yet because its going to be 4 weeks until I start it but ill be shooting for 2500 to start and go from there.

Cuts gave me some heart palpitations and sometimes they just made me feel shitty over all. I still have half a can from my last cut because by day ten I just wasn't feeling well. This was the old formula though I haven't tried the new formula.

I'm trying to figure out a good stack to help keep my lean gains when I diet down. Do you have any suggestions on a good stack for this? Im considering maybe running another M Stak while I cut, I've heard of people using cuts with it. Im thinking it will help with the protein synthesis and whatnot while Im in caloric deficit.

C.Coronato
10-15-09, 10:19 am
What i have found when im cutting down to hold on to the most mass is just make sure you are eating the right amounts of food. I picked up N1T for this last cut and i held onto around 7 more lbs of muscle then my last show .. My cutting stack right now is cuts, l-carnitine, nitro, pak, omega, ultra iso whey, pump, NOX3, and beta ala9. Monitor your weight weekly by the mirror and the scale. Im losing one lb a week, and its 100% strictly fat .. thats what has worked for me, slow and steady.

tinyterror
10-16-09, 8:40 pm
even on a cut, some carbs post lifting are beneficial. assuming you stay in a caloric deficit, you'll still lose weight. when i am on a cut, i have carbs with two meals: breakfast, and post workout. i would use torrent on a cut, but thats just me.

C.Coronato
10-19-09, 11:27 am
even on a cut, some carbs post lifting are beneficial. assuming you stay in a caloric deficit, you'll still lose weight. when i am on a cut, i have carbs with two meals: breakfast, and post workout. i would use torrent on a cut, but thats just me.

Agreed, you certainly do need carbs while your cutting, unless your doing a keto type diet. But there are different forms of carbs, and i personally, do not think that Torrent would be the type of carbs you want post workout, while dieting.

tinyterror
10-19-09, 2:14 pm
Agreed, you certainly do need carbs while your cutting, unless your doing a keto type diet. But there are different forms of carbs, and i personally, do not think that Torrent would be the type of carbs you want post workout, while dieting.

for me, if i dont get some waxy maize/dextrose PWO i can count on extreme DOMS the next day, so i do it out of necessity haha

Dr.Platypus
10-19-09, 2:58 pm
are you cutting for a reason, or just to cut? if not for a reason then why not just take the torrent and then toss it if you aren't meeting your goals?

Aggression
10-19-09, 3:55 pm
you certainly do need carbs while your cutting, unless your doing a keto type diet. But there are different forms of carbs, and i personally, do not think that Torrent would be the type of carbs you want post workout, while dieting.

Listen to this man here. During my contest diet, I dropped the Torrent as well. The high carbs from Torrent is too much for one looking to cut body fat, IMO. Carbs postWO is necessary, yes, but 60g is on the high side. Something like whey and 1/2c oats would be a great option for postWO on a cut.

PORTERHOUSE
10-20-09, 8:17 pm
What i have found when im cutting down to hold on to the most mass is just make sure you are eating the right amounts of food. I picked up N1T for this last cut and i held onto around 7 more lbs of muscle then my last show .. My cutting stack right now is cuts, l-carnitine, nitro, pak, omega, ultra iso whey, pump, NOX3, and beta ala9. Monitor your weight weekly by the mirror and the scale. Im losing one lb a week, and its 100% strictly fat .. thats what has worked for me, slow and steady.

I like that stack man. I might use something similar, but what do you think about using something like shock therapy instead of pump? Im using pump right now for my bulk and I like it all right but Im looking for something thats really going to kick me in the face with energy because with the pump Im not really feeling it ya know? I definitely feel full after my workouts especially w. the m stak/pump/nitro combo, but Im not really feeling the energy.

Aggression
10-28-09, 8:45 am
I like that stack man. I might use something similar, but what do you think about using something like shock therapy instead of pump? Im using pump right now for my bulk and I like it all right but Im looking for something thats really going to kick me in the face with energy because with the pump Im not really feeling it ya know? I definitely feel full after my workouts especially w. the m stak/pump/nitro combo, but Im not really feeling the energy.

Shock Therapy is my favorite product, hands down. When dieting down for a show, I wouldn't recommend using ST, as it contains carbs/sugars. Pump is the better fit for pre-contest, as it doesn't contain calories. But if you're not competing for a show, then give it a go.