PDA

View Full Version : Subway?

Oatmeal Killa
06-24-08, 4:46 pm
What do guys think about eating subway when bulking? Not alot but on a few occasions? Postives and Negatives?

J Wong
06-24-08, 4:49 pm
What do guys think about eating subway when bulking? Not alot but on a few occasions? Postives and Negatives?

Go ahead, not the best choice as the meat is processed and the bread is all enriched. But once in awhile won't hurt.

ChandlerXJ
06-24-08, 4:52 pm
How about quiznos, subway blows hard

J Wong
06-24-08, 4:56 pm

How can you resist a 5 dollar footlong?

gymEvo
06-24-08, 4:57 pm

Dude, its not so bad...even though its processed...so is our protien powders lol...go for it..nothing wrong at all.

brandonA
06-24-08, 5:22 pm
Dude, we got this place over here called the Cheba Hut...dude, the best toasted subs you will ever have, hands down...We eat there all the time....

-B

Freakshow
06-24-08, 5:29 pm
I love subway, and used to eat it all the time. Problem is, aside from a turkey or veggie sub, they are all horrible for you. A six inch tuna has something like 430 calories, and that is with wheat bread and nothing else on it. Just be sensible there. If you want a meatball, tuna or roast beef, keep it at a six inch. Go ahead and spring for the footlong if you want turkey or ham, but order it without the condiments.

JimmyZ
06-24-08, 5:37 pm

Man Law # 631

rev8ball
06-24-08, 6:27 pm
Capriotti's 20" Capistrami..... you can actually feel your heart slow down with every bite, but it is oh soooooo good!

Maharg
06-24-08, 8:17 pm
I live off subway when i have to go out for lunch at work. The people know me well enough to give me subs for free, and with double meat. Dont know if subway is the healtiest, but at prices like that you cant argue.

Moral of the story, Make friends with the manager, and you will be set.

bobbymart
06-24-08, 8:33 pm
subway is the shit... put it down like there is no tomorrow, when bulking it's all good much better than a bigmac or whopper!

need2getBIG
06-24-08, 8:39 pm
i eat 2 footlongs erverytime i go there,mmmm

TheDarkHalf
06-24-08, 11:24 pm
I would recommend ordering a footlong from this menu at subway.....

http://www.subway.com/applications/menu/frmMenuPanel.aspx?menuId=21&countryCode=USA&languageCode=ENG

double the meat, and only eat half of it. Or eat the whole thing. I would only eat half, and save the other half for a meal for the next day.

P-Ram
06-24-08, 11:43 pm
Subways alrite, had a turkey footlong double this afternoon. Down here in Miami we've got a sub shop called Hungry Bear...place is the best.

stumblin54
06-24-08, 11:43 pm
The bread's enriched, the meat's processed, the veggies aren't completely fresh. I see no positives.

Stumblin

LiftBig315
06-24-08, 11:51 pm
my gf said she worked at a subway and she pointed out that some of the tomatoes were moldy....the manager told her to cut em up anyways :s

I still eat there every once in a great while...double turkey 6" on wheat, good stuff....

hardhit71
06-25-08, 12:36 am
bro, your'e bulking....shit have a cookie with your $5 footlong... i would ?

Redjeep
06-25-08, 2:02 am
I also eat it when I have to. I get a foot long chicken breast on wheat, no mayo but mustard and all the veggies minus tomato. Fuck tomatos.

simpleguy
06-25-08, 2:04 am
The bread's enriched, the meat's processed, the veggies aren't completely fresh. I see no positives.

Stumblin

I agree... have it as a cheat meal but don't fool yourself thinking it's good for you

ChandlerXJ
06-25-08, 9:38 am
Quiznos used to have something called the honey bacon club...

had this french sauce on it, honey mustard, ham, turkey, bacon, swiss, and lettus - fucking awesome

they don't have it on the menu anymore but you can just get it made your way...

damn, I want one NOW

Renji007
06-25-08, 10:16 am
Dude...keep in mind, you are NOT average joe pro. You're a guy whom calls himself and ANIMAL and if you put into practice the ANIMAL ways, it doesn't matter if you eat a quizno's or a subway when you bulk, you'll loose the weight and gain some mass anyway.

simpleguy
06-25-08, 12:05 pm
Dude...keep in mind, you are NOT average joe pro. You're a guy whom calls himself and ANIMAL and if you put into practice the ANIMAL ways, it doesn't matter if you eat a quizno's or a subway when you bulk, you'll loose the weight and gain some mass anyway.

that was just my way of thinking on my first bulk and I ended up having a huge gut and a lot of fat... too many people have the mentality that 'I can get cut later', well now that I see how hard it is, it makes me think twice about eating junk foods, offseason or not (except scheduled cheat meals)

DrewskiPHX
06-25-08, 1:11 pm
that was just my way of thinking on my first bulk and I ended up having a huge gut and a lot of fat... too many people have the mentality that 'I can get cut later', well now that I see how hard it is, it makes me think twice about eating junk foods, offseason or not (except scheduled cheat meals)

+1

Appollonian
06-28-08, 1:35 pm
I think as long as you don't go crazy with the oil and other dressings that you can eat Subway at least once a week, even when losing fat. Just beware that all their offerings are ridiculously high in sodium. Oh yeah, and if you only do a 6 inch sub, double up on the meat!

houseofpain
06-28-08, 1:48 pm
I personally don't like subway. First off, they don't give you nearly enough meat. Not only is it processed, but they don't give you enough meat to give you a decent protein count. I prefer Quizno's any day. Mesquite chicken with low fat ranch dressing is the shit...

h 3 L L b 0 y
06-29-08, 9:23 am

+1

+2

MetalAsh12
06-29-08, 10:24 am
I tried the subway thing for a while when I was first starting out...all my sandwiches ended up on the pavement eventually...

Feel The Power
06-29-08, 10:54 am
i'm a big fan of the $5 footlong deal and its a heathier option for eating out. I usually get the footlong turkey, wheat bread, no cheese or sauce, load it up with veggies. good shit! Way better for you than a burger joint or drive thru.

dannynb
06-29-08, 2:36 pm
As a cheat...go for it. Overall I would prefer some home cooked food off the grill. HWne I do eat subway I get the 12" subway club, double meat, all the veggies no dressing or cheease....I looked over the damn breakdown chart and in my opinion it's one of the best overall choices on the menu.

Mizzarler
06-29-08, 8:30 pm
Yea i usually have some sort of sub or burrito on my days off usually 2 or 3 days a week depends...but i have the quiznos prime rib sub with 11 oz meat on wheat bread and if you do have to get subway cause quiznos is kind of expensive i would reccoemend only getting a 6 inch wheat with double meat

twisted_steel
06-29-08, 9:44 pm
+2

+3

Malloy1344
06-30-08, 10:20 am
V&S Italian Deli on Boca Raton, FL. Best subs on the planet.....after having these, I can't eat anywhere else in good conscience....

McFly
06-30-08, 10:36 am
Capriotti's 20" Capistrami....

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

Roland
07-02-08, 1:58 am
Footlong Steak & Cheese baby.

BigBlueBear
07-02-08, 4:28 am
I saw a commercial for a new one they have... Beef Brisket sub. I can't put my finger on any nutritional info yet... but... *drool*

Who am I kidding... I'll just get my 6 inch chicken breast and be content.

***WTM***
07-04-08, 8:59 pm
Had a busy day with the kids and no time to load up my lunch box before coming to work.

I just rocked a foot long oven roasted chicken breast, no cheese, and double veggies on wheat and ordered another for later.

It was either subway, taco bell, mc d's, or sonic. If I am in a bind and can't go to the grocery store while on shift, I hit up subway.

Cstlfx
07-04-08, 10:07 pm
Subway is good, but man, do I love a 14" Wegmans Assorted. I swear they put on a whole pound of meat for one of those things. Makes me drool just thinking about it. Ham, Turkey, and Roast Beef, with some of the most delicious bread. Probably had a full days worth of calories and mostly crap, but on a cheat day, damn was that the best thing in the world.

cmtz429
03-23-09, 1:47 pm
What do you think about subway and how often do you eat there. I try to go at least 2 times a week for good carb up and mass meals. $5 dollars for a footlong and you can get spinach init, too. I would like to know th ANIMALS thoughts.

prowrestler
03-23-09, 3:56 pm
mmmm sodium subs....

quiznos people

stringed bean
03-23-09, 4:01 pm
12" double steak on whole weat

JUGGERNAUT
03-23-09, 4:02 pm
Nuff said, eat up.

Pizzalamp
03-23-09, 4:06 pm
its tasty but i stay away because my friend used to work in a few and he told me stories about dropping the cold cuts on the dirty floor...flies and bugs crawling on the lettuce and onions...one employee had the flu and was coughing all over the food...

fenix237
03-23-09, 4:09 pm
don't forget about the Big Montana.....

Arbys Big Montana Nutrition Facts
All nutrition facts are listed in grams, unless otherwise noted. Serving Size: 313 grams
Calories: 720
Calories from Fat: 360
Total Fat: 40
Saturated Fat: 17
Cholesterol: 110
Sodium: 2270
Carbohydrates: 44
Fiber: 7
Sugars: ?
Protein: 50

just add some arby/horsey sauce and you're good to go..........

Little Z
03-23-09, 6:28 pm
don't forget about the Big Montana.....

Arbys Big Montana Nutrition Facts
All nutrition facts are listed in grams, unless otherwise noted. Serving Size: 313 grams
Calories: 720
Calories from Fat: 360
Total Fat: 40
Saturated Fat: 17
Cholesterol: 110
Sodium: 2270
Carbohydrates: 44
Fiber: 7
Sugars: ?
Protein: 50

just add some arby/horsey sauce and you're good to go..........

nah.. add the cheddar cheeeese..

TigerAce01
03-23-09, 6:32 pm
When I'm not trying to eat clean, I eat subs on occasion. The big problem is the high sodium content in all the meats. But once in a while, a subway melt (ham, turkey, bacon, and cheese) is just delicious. I also put cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, and a TON of vinegar on it.

-Ace

TigerAce01
03-23-09, 6:33 pm
nah.. add the cheddar cheeeese..

hahahaha

Wow, I'm getting some crazy cheat cravings after reading this thread.

-Ace

cmtz429
03-24-09, 1:42 am
1 oven roasted chicken sub footlong style, YEAH
calories 620
fat 10g
choles. 50mg
sodium 1660mg
tot carb. 96g
fiber 10g
protein 48g
still ned to add fixins, but sounds good except all the sodium.
I have on at least once or twice a week.

mritter3
03-24-09, 9:43 am
if your on a bulk anything goes in my book, although i prefer steak and ground beef, as long as your getting in your calories go for it.

Alk
03-24-09, 10:20 am
For a few SOLID months last year, I would come into the same local Subway and buy a footlong veggie delight on wheat...would put american cheese on with "the works" minus the black olives. So good, would sometimes go there after my protein shake post-workout and make it a solid meal. After awhile some of the people there knew what I wanted everytime I came in, it was awesome.

I tend to agree with the people saying it's not the healthiest stuff (haven't gone back after I started browsing here and looking up diet info) but I'll prob head back on Sunday for a cheat meal myself.

GJN5002
03-24-09, 10:25 am
Nothing you get in a fast food restaurant is healthy. Its processed, pre cooked, loaded with preservatives, but who doesnt miss a meal and has to grab somethign quick? Subway is one of the best "fast choices" in my opinion. If you are eating strictly as abodybuilder subway is great, if you are eating as a health conscience consumer, go home and cook.

NJC_Manhattan
03-24-09, 10:25 pm
Watch out for the deli meats they are loaded with salt and are just shit quality... Go for the grilled chicken instead, sure its garbage and they microwave all the nutrients out of it, but the sodium is low... The bread issue, their version of "whole wheat" is a bastardized version of actual Whole Grain well made bread... But what the fuck, once in a while it won't kill you, but it's a fast food chain... Cheap bad food with no nutritional value across the board

fenix237
03-25-09, 10:17 am
Nothing you get in a fast food restaurant is healthy. Its processed, pre cooked, loaded with preservatives, but who doesnt miss a meal and has to grab somethign quick? Subway is one of the best "fast choices" in my opinion. If you are eating strictly as abodybuilder subway is great, if you are eating as a health conscience consumer, go home and cook.

i would have thought if your a serious bodybuilder, you would be avoiding Subway (except on a bulk or occassional cheat meal). If you are an average joe who watches what they eat, then Subway would be okay....

i do agree with you that most places you eat out is rarely healthy- better to shop and make your food at home and pack a cooler

Mizzarler
03-25-09, 11:19 pm
on my off days when i'm bulking which is 2 days/week...for my 2nd meal i'll almost always get a dbl meat chicken teriyaki on wheat with lettuce and a bag of original sun chips......very tasty

-=Ad0=-
06-12-09, 10:27 pm
Hello Animals, got a question for all those who eat subway or other subs and their opinions on them. Before I get nasty replies on this I would like to say that I did run a search beforehand and did not really come up with anything that answered my question, thus the thread was created.

Are subway or any other types of subs good for you? By good i mean the carbs/calories/proteins etc in the sub, are they a good type of nutrition sources or not? I eat it on occasion and today I actually took a minute to calculate the cal, carbs etc of my meal.

What I had:
Footlong Oven Roasted Chicken Breast on Wheat bread w/ Lettuce and Light Mayo.
Vanilla Protein Shake
1 Pack of Animal Omega PostMeal w/ bottle of water.

Nutrition Facts: Sub + Shake = Total
Calories - 640 + 220 = 860
Cals from Fat - 90 + 80 = 170
Carbohydrates (g) - 98 + 10 = 108
Protein (g) - 46 + 25 = 71
Fat (g) - 10 + 9 = 19

Thanks,

BeastCook
06-12-09, 10:34 pm
well if your cutting I wouldnt worry about too much, but if your bulking subway cant hurt you in anyway

Vaze_06
06-12-09, 10:35 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=18918&highlight=subway

imo.. during a bulk.. once in a while.. wont kill u. go for it

Survivor831
06-13-09, 12:10 am
Huge fan of the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast. This sandwich has been a life savor for me. Its helped me make some really good gains.

-=Ad0=-
06-13-09, 12:42 am
Huge fan of the Oven Roasted Chicken Breast. This sandwich has been a life savor for me. Its helped me make some really good gains.

Thank you Survivor! This is the kind of feedback and info I was looking for with this thread. Appreciate it bro.
Out of curiosity how do you have your sub made?

-Ado

LegendKillerJosh
06-13-09, 12:50 am
If you're bulking eat whatever the fuck you want. Are you cutting for a contest? Then NO, don't eat it.

dominate77
06-13-09, 1:05 am

man me too! i love the oven roasted chicken breast! i was eating it once a week for a while but now i'm trying to cut down some.

try putting ranch on it next time, makes it 10 times as good.

Merat
06-13-09, 3:19 am
if your like me and have a metabolism resebling a hot coal furnace and are on the pursuit of mass, I think yay is the answer, if otherwise prehaps a lil consideration is in order before ordering! Besides it depends on what you get tbh.

Shamus11B
06-13-09, 4:19 am
I would agree taht once in a while during a bulk would hurt you at all. Variety in your diet will save your sanity, as long as its not an everyday occurance. I personally hit up the oven roasted as well.

CuttDeez
06-13-09, 10:05 am
One of my favorite things to do with the subway sandwich (if you want to cut out some carb calories) is take off the entire top of the bun and then fold one six inch portion on top of the other. Its such a big satisfying bite!!

PrimalForce
06-13-09, 10:16 am
Sweet onion chicken teriyaki is great too. Something a little different once in a while that won't really throw you off track.

-=Ad0=-
06-14-09, 11:11 am
Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciate it!

I'll be starting to bulk once my can of Cuts is empty, which should be on the 21st. Just needed to know if Subway was alright to eat or if it should cut out for more leaner gains since that's more what I'm leaning towards.
I'll be introducing M-Stak and either Real Gains or Gain Max from SP into my stack. From what I read, M-Stak works better depending on how an individuals diet is so I wanted to make sure that I was taking full advantage of the can.

-Ado

Pizzalamp
06-14-09, 11:36 am
Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciate it!

I'll be starting to bulk once my can of Cuts is empty, which should be on the 21st. Just needed to know if Subway was alright to eat or if it should cut out for more leaner gains since that's more what I'm leaning towards.
I'll be introducing M-Stak and either Real Gains or Gain Max from SP into my stack. From what I read, M-Stak works better depending on how an individuals diet is so I wanted to make sure that I was taking full advantage of the can.

-Adoi would have it every now and then...not every day..the cold cuts are loaded w/ preserves
plus i remember hearing a friend tell me that back when he worked at subway he had some coworkers who pissed in the pickle juice...just cuz they make it in front of u doesnt mean they dont mess with it b4 hand.

mritter3
06-14-09, 11:44 am
i say if your on a bulk...anything is a go.
if your on a cut....not so much

dominate77
06-14-09, 11:28 pm
plus i remember hearing a friend tell me that back when he worked at subway he had some coworkers who pissed in the pickle juice...

i hate hearing stuff like this!

some guy at our taco bell was spitting his chew in the ground beef

BigChrisF
06-15-09, 3:41 am
i hate hearing stuff like this!

some guy at our taco bell was spitting his chew in the ground beef

I hate that shit. Some people are so miserable in their own life that they lash out at everyone else. And they don't have the balls to do it any other way. I wouldn't hold a grudge as much if they just took a swing at me.

As for subway, it really depends on how your body deals with carbohydrates. For me, as long as I stay away from really sugary stuff like soda and donuts, I'll be alright. Some people eat bread and you can practically see the fat being stored. I on the other hand, do alright with eating stuff like Subway everyday.

Liftbig21
06-15-09, 10:56 am
i would have it every now and then...not every day..the cold cuts are loaded w/ preserves
plus i remember hearing a friend tell me that back when he worked at subway he had some coworkers who pissed in the pickle juice...just cuz they make it in front of u doesnt mean they dont mess with it b4 hand.

my friends that worked at subway said the same exact thing

Tork
06-15-09, 2:58 pm
Personally, 108 carbs on a cut in one meal is way to much...but if your bulking again, fuck it, don't matter. No Mayonaise on a cut. Never...all fat...are you cutting or bulking? I would stay away from bread on a cut as well, oats, sweet taters, white tatters and brown rice is all that I would chance on a cut....those are all complex carbs and no simple carbs. Just my opinion.

-=Ad0=-
06-15-09, 5:04 pm
Personally, 108 carbs on a cut in one meal is way to much...but if your bulking again, fuck it, don't matter. No Mayonaise on a cut. Never...all fat...are you cutting or bulking? I would stay away from bread on a cut as well, oats, sweet taters, white tatters and brown rice is all that I would chance on a cut....those are all complex carbs and no simple carbs. Just my opinion.

Right now im on a cut, trying to lean out a lil bit. I asked about subway because im going to start my bulk next week once my m-stak and real gains arrives

K Stro24
06-15-09, 5:40 pm
I eat subway when I'm on the go and didnt have time to cook my food, or i have no time and need to eat it while i drive. I prefer getting the double meat on the chicken breast, for an extra buck or two, you really cant beat it, your basically doubling the protein. great for a bulk, on a cut, not so much

Classified09
06-17-09, 3:54 am
Subway is great once in a while. Occasionally I'll have it as a cheat meal and put back a footlong steak and a footlong roast chicken. Good times. If I had the cash to spare, I would probably have it once a week like I use to.

Subway = 2 thumbs up for bulking.

E-Train
07-14-09, 6:19 pm
Man Law # 631

I sceond that!

strivin for more
07-14-09, 7:29 pm
How can you resist a 5 dollar footlong?

dude, quiznos has 3 dollar "bullets"! haha