PDA

View Full Version : Drewski's "Journey"

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 9:55 am
I’m 18, been a healthy weight most of my life until I broke my food it 5 spots skateboarding, gained about 50 pounds of weight and have kept it for about 5 years. It’s time to cut and then after 16 weeks bulk up again. My supplements are Pack, and cuts and some whey protein powder. I have pump but I’m going to save it for when I’m off Keto. After my vacation next week I will buy omega and nitro. My goal for my cut is to lose 30 lbs of fat and maintain my muscle. My stats are 18 y/o, 190 lbs, 20% bf.

Today is Thursday and I started Keto on Monday so currently this is my 4th day into it.

My meals are
1. 3 eggland’s best eggs with chopped up jalepeno
2. 3 scoops of protein powder, tbsp of pb and water
3. 6 0z of chicken breast, half a can of green beans, tsp of tapatio hot sauce
4. same as #2
5. 4 – 6oz of Salmon
6. same as 2 and 4

I also drink a gallon of water a day.

Well feel free to critique me when I update my Journey.

Anddddddd here we go!

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 10:03 am
Monday 6-23
First day of keto
Week one

meals today are
4. same as #2
5. 4 – 6oz of Salmon
6. same as 2 and 4

wen't to the gym and worked my upper body.
completely destroyed my shoulder's and chest. Don't remember my sets and reps but I remember what I did and next time iIll record it. sorry

Bench press
Inclince press
Military Press
Upright Rows

next workout, I will include lat pulldown's and those pull things were you sit on the bench and pull that thing towards you.

Went to my friends pool for two hourse and wore myself out so im counting that as my cardio.

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 10:06 am
Tuesday
6-24-08
week one

my meals for tuesday

4. same as #2
5. 4 – 6oz of Salmon
6. same as 2 and 4

Worked on my legs and did squats, leg press, calf raises, leg curls, and leg extensions.
next time I will add dead lift probably

My roomate bought a pizza when I came home after working out and asked me if I wanted some, I just said nah and made my salmon.

Went to my friends pool and like monday wore myself out

also on monday and tuesday I did 10 mins of cardio to warm myself up too

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 10:08 am
Wednesday
6-25-06
week one

my meals on wednesday

4. same as #2
5. 4 – 6oz of pork with green peppers and onions (probably shouldn't have done that)
6. had no time to do 6 I wasn't hungry though

Today was my rest day, I am sorreeeee

wen't to help my pastor move his jacuzzi into his house, took like two hours it weighed like 1000 pounds probably. lifting that sob hurt like a b!@#$

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 10:12 am
Thursday
6-26-08
week one

my intended meals today are

1. 3 eggland’s best eggs with chopped up jalepeno (did not have time to make breakfast today so I went to mcdonald's and bought two sausage mcmuffin with eggs, and asked for no cheese and threw out the bread, I know this isn't always a good thing, But I figure it's better to eat than not to)
4. same as #2
5. 4 – 6oz of Salmon
6. same as 2 and 4

I'm not sure if I should do upper body today since I did it monday, and Ox only works out once a week.

If you guys think I should just let me know.

Malloy1344
06-26-08, 10:20 am
Wednesday
6-25-06
week one

my meals on wednesday

4. same as #2
5. 4 – 6oz of pork with green peppers and onions (probably shouldn't have done that)
6. had no time to do 6 I wasn't hungry though

Today was my rest day, I am sorreeeee

wen't to help my pastor move his jacuzzi into his house, took like two hourse it weighed like 1000 pounds probably

Hey bro, just some Keto advice....

Make sure atleast 1 of those meals is a lean protein meal ( chicken, tuna, turkey) and also be sure 1 o fthe meals is a fatty protein meal ( steak/salmon/cod) AND be sure to include 1tsbp of extra virgin olive oil with the fatty meal. I'd loose the peppers and onions as well. More eggs for breakfast too. 5 whole Omega 3 eggs. I personally do 5 whole eggs, and 4 whites, but I'm 245. Also make sure not to miss a meal or you'll mess up your macros.

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 10:51 am
Hey bro, just some Keto advice....

Make sure atleast 1 of those meals is a lean protein meal ( chicken, tuna, turkey) and also be sure 1 o fthe meals is a fatty protein meal ( steak/salmon/cod) AND be sure to include 1tsbp of extra virgin olive oil with the fatty meal. I'd loose the peppers and onions as well. More eggs for breakfast too. 5 whole Omega 3 eggs. I personally do 5 whole eggs, and 4 whites, but I'm 245. Also make sure not to miss a meal or you'll mess up your macros.

thanks man yeah i know how important it is i should drop the peppers, I didn't make the pork, my pastor has these sandwich things that he was making for all of us and i told him to cut out the cheese and bread. I cook my salmon with olive oil. man 5 eggs, that sucks.

Malloy1344
06-26-08, 10:56 am
thanks man yeah i know how important it is i should drop the peppers, I didn't make the pork, my pastor has these sandwich things that he was making for all of us and i told him to cut out the cheese and bread. I cook my salmon with olive oil. man 5 eggs, that sucks.

Good deal bro, but cooking with olive oil isn't the same as 1tbsp. you literally gotta drink it or put it on lettuce leaves...

It sucks, I know.....

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 11:54 am
Good deal bro, but cooking with olive oil isn't the same as 1tbsp. you literally gotta drink it or put it on lettuce leaves...

It sucks, I know.....

even with animal omega?

also did i just screw up my whole first week of keto because i had some peppers and onions and didn't have my last shake last night?

DrewskiPHX
06-27-08, 12:33 am
I didn't do very well today as I now see how important it is to stick with your routine with Keto. I originally was not going to start keto this week because I am heading on a one week vaction in two days, but decided why not just to see if I could do it. I can do it I just need to organize my food intake better and add more fat so I am not so hungry in between meals. also I need to get a variety of foods for Keto as chicken and eggs and salmon gets extremely bland. today I slept when I got back from work and then woke up and got my clothes ready for my vacation, then went to my dads and then went to a cigar shop to have a cigar, afterwards I told my dad i needed something to eat so we just went to BK, I know it was a horrible choice and I really screwed up, but I can either dwell on the negatives about this or I can look on the bright side and see how to avoid this in the future. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

DrewskiPHX
08-07-08, 1:47 am
Im Back and starting the 16 week process again, After my vacation I was successfully on keto for about 3 weeks and then just fell off of it, I didn't have a job anymore and couldn't spend my money on food that I needed. So now after losing my 15 pounds for the first 3 weeks and gaining back 7 in two its time for me to start up again. My meals will be
1. 3 eggs and half a fist full of sausage
2. Handfull of almonds
3. Grilled Chicken salad with raspberry vinagrette.
4. protein shake two scoops with water (does it matter if I use milk?)
5. Grilled Chicken or Grilled Hamburger plain with no bun
Gallon of water

My supplements are Pak, Cuts, Omega, and nitro.

I also take N.O. xplode for a little boost right before working out, can someone tell me if this is alright to take because I really love the stuff.

Also i'm going to be going to the Gym everyday and atleast do cardio separate from my workouts.

I'm Thinking of going all out on one day for uppers and then all out on a separate day to do lowers and on the cardio days I will be doing exercises such as upside down situps and junk like that.

And I was thinking of doing a video documentary of "My 16 Weeks" journey and making a website or posting it here. I think it would be beneficial for people to see how it is actually done.

I'm Glad to be back and Im sorry I was away for a while.

DrewskiPHX
08-08-08, 3:46 pm
ok So I'm On day two atm. Yesterday was good, Just did cardio for my workout for 30 minutes and was on the hill setting for the bike. feels good to just get back into the swing of things.

my meals for yesterday were
3 eggs
handfull of almonds
sugar and carb free jello and microwave salsbury steak without the potates and corn
same as above
cheese stick
I know I didnt eat my reccommended amount of protein for the day and today I will.

DrewskiPHX
08-08-08, 3:48 pm
Now today My meals are
cup Full of sausage and bacon
meal two will probably be almonds
meal 3 will be a protein shake
4 hamburger with some sauce of some sort
5 hamburger or chicken.

I will either lift weights today and do cardio, or just do cardio.

DrewskiPHX
06-25-09, 1:52 pm
havent touched animal pak's forums for almost a year. I remember last year i did the keto diet for 3 week and had relatively good results on it. i was even able to defeat temptations.

and the good thing is is that my love handles went away hahaha, me and my brother have the curse of the love handles. anyways i came back to successfully do 12 weeks of it. today is my day 3.

all ive eaten was eggs, protein powder and chicken the past three days. I have pesto but I know that I need to up my veggy intake, and increase the ammount of meals i have

so far my meals have been this.

1. 4 egg with slice of cheese omelet

2. grilled chicken thighs

3. protein powder

4. chicken thighs.

today my meals wil lbe

1. egg omelet - cheese
2. protein powder - water
3. chicken thighs - pesto
4. protein powder - water
5. chicken thighs - pesto

and soon i would like to incorporate a broccoli salad or something

I havent been to the gym in three days, i felt like i wanted to just relax when I started my keto, but now feel energetic enough to go at it again

today I am going to the gym - I work at a gym called the village, its the nicest one in arizona so im pretty lucky to have an opportunity like this. I guess ill do cardio for an hour or two at low intensity.

I'm not real interested in bulking up, i just want to shred for this time, then when I feel good enough about it, ill probably be building it up again

and I want to start taking pictures of myself to see my results over a time span - i feel thats the best way to see your results when you dont feel like you have any.

anyways I should be posting again later today.

DrewskiPHX
06-25-09, 4:34 pm
ok just got back from the gym, man is this one nice.

sauna, steam room, separated showers. you could spend the whole day there

so yeah did cardio today, i did low instensity on the stair master instead of my usual 15 minutes for lvl 15. was actually tougher than I thought. but after 10 mins went on the treadmill for 10 mins. I guess all together I burned about 150 calories - i tried to not sweat.

afterwards I went to the steam room for a shave and stayed in there for about 10 mins. I must be almost into ketosis since this is my third day - I noticed that I was sweating alot more and alot more consistantly than before.

after my shower I weighed myself and i was 184... a whole 7 pounds less than I was on monday. I cant beleive I dropped that much weight in 3 days!

anyways hope to hear some feedback, its always nice to talk to someone about this.

later

DrewskiPHX
06-26-09, 10:23 am
man last night was rough, for some reason I just could not get full, I ended up eating a llike two slices of cheese, some coke zero, and some pb

pretty phsyched for the results i do have, minimal at best but its just good to know that a diet is working.

today when cooking my omelet i used to big of a pan or not enough spray and the whole egg fell apart :( dissapointing. but yeah 4 egg omelet with 1 slice of cheese - or two, and some salsa on top. i figure salsa is ok since its 2 carbs per serving and like no sugar. ill keep doing it until someone notifies me its bad.

so yeah the rest of the day looks like this:

head to work in 10 mins

bring two packages of protein powder

bring some pesto and my chicken i grilled yesterday

then after work go to cardio

eat some more chicken

pack up for vacation and then head to my dads house to stay the night there.

im goin to mission beach for a week-last two summer vacs have been awesome but im looking forward to the chillness here. oh yeah and its my one year anniversary since starting this thread.

peace!

DrewskiPHX
07-05-09, 12:18 pm
been about a week since the last time i posted. I went on vacation again for a week

vacation started off good with my diet, I lasted for a few days but then temptations took the best of me- I was able however, to control myself in the daytime and eat carbs at night - remember I am doing Keto. all together I was 181 when I left for vacation and when I came back I was 185. Started again yesterday and busted my ass on the stair climber for 15 mins. it felt good to get back into the cardio rhythm.

Today I am at work all day - I cook in a kitchen - and probably wont get off for another 10 hours - but I can stick to my diet - I work at a gym so it is nice to be able to cook good food for free.

anyways Ill repost later

adios

DrewskiPHX
07-06-09, 10:09 pm
so today was ok, havent gone to the gym yet, but I need to do cardio.

today I ate some cheese, garlic chicken from a chinese food place, and some black pepper chicken. however its not clean

My diet has not been as clean as what it was when I started.

eggs, protein powder, chicken is what i was eating

cheese, chicken, chili and other junk it what I have been eating.

so I knew my results werent as good as I would like them to be and I decided to buy some Ketostix. Turns out I was right, my ketones arent kicking off as much as I thought they would be, in between the extreme low end and low end. so anyways Its good that I bought those and Im going to restart again tomorrow.

wish me luck

DrewskiPHX
09-21-09, 9:00 pm
been about three months, and dropped successfully around 25 pounds. I would like to say I started at about 195 lbs. and am right now 171 lbs.

My diet I guess is more or less a low carb diet however, Im going to go another 4 weeks of dedicated 0 carb diet. and include eggs for breakfast. Ill let you know how it goes.