PDA

View Full Version : basketball

camp
06-29-08, 11:56 am
ive gotten a shit training schedule for basketball, mon/wed/fri doing full body now i lift like a football player and train each bodypart once a week.does anybody kno what muscle i should focus on for bbball

bobbymart
06-29-08, 3:23 pm
work on you'r overall explosivness hammer you'r legs and calves that's what I did and it got I mad hops from it!

Nayanlion
12-21-09, 7:42 pm
Legs, Hams, Calves and add in heavy deadlifts. I have been focusing on these for the past 3 month I gained mad strength but my mistake was i only played once a week before my leagues started then when my league started I had 4 striaght bad bad games my game did not catch up to my body but now it has and I have had 4 great games in a row

Jay Hanisak
04-15-10, 8:00 pm
I would recommend a 3 day split with basketball on the other days. Full body workouts. Include (not all on same day) Squats, deads, cleans, box jumps. Shoulder and back work is also important.

TigerAce01
04-15-10, 8:43 pm
A lot of people say cleans for basketball, but I've helped train a few friends who play college basketball, and clean pulls seem to help more. Instead of the focus being on racking the bar across the collar bone and shoulder, the point of a clean pull is to solely work on jump positioning and jump explosiveness, not to mention you won't have to learn how to rack the bar, which for most takes weeks before going heavy.

-Ace

mynwworld5
04-30-10, 8:44 am
I am very big fan and player of Basketball, and it is the best game for me. We means I and my team play basketball daily. It is the best exercise, for full body workouts the basketball is best game.
I prefer all should play this game at least 3 days in weak..

Jay Hanisak
05-09-10, 1:15 pm
A lot of people say cleans for basketball, but I've helped train a few friends who play college basketball, and clean pulls seem to help more. Instead of the focus being on racking the bar across the collar bone and shoulder, the point of a clean pull is to solely work on jump positioning and jump explosiveness, not to mention you won't have to learn how to rack the bar, which for most takes weeks before going heavy.

-Ace

I like that idea as well Tiger. One could also do clean and press

aldousbailey
12-01-10, 12:03 pm
Basketball is a team sport where two teams of five players attempt to score points by throwing or shoot a ball at the top of a basket, while following a set of rules.Games begins with a jump ball at center court, a judge throws the ball in place while the two opposing attempts to steer the ball to control their teammates.