PDA

View Full Version : J-Dawg & naturalguy: Powerlifting and Gainz

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

J-Dawg
01-18-11, 1:44 pm
You will be just fine for weigh in, cut some water/carbs for the week and bingo you will come in just fine.. Refuel right after weigh in and BAM gametime.

Yep. That's the plan LB!

FITGYM
01-18-11, 11:59 pm
Wish I could be there to support you guys...Keep up the great work

Big C
01-19-11, 12:55 pm
Good luck at your meet fellas. You've all been training hard for this. I bet it will be a very cool and rewarding experience.

scals
01-19-11, 4:53 pm
Looking good in the past couple of videos fellas. You guys are gonna do big things at the meet.

naturalguy
01-19-11, 5:05 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f6ksTnMVk4

J-Dawg, myself and Aggression

We did 60% speed pull singles

315 x 8 x 1

Rack deads 1 set 315 x 6

Good mornings 1 set 95 x 6

Abs

LayzieBone085
01-19-11, 8:15 pm
Getting nervous?

Jay
01-19-11, 8:35 pm
Nice job! You guys made it look easy. Good luck to both of you at the competition.

naturalguy
01-27-11, 1:24 pm
Getting nervous?

A little. 2 days to go, weigh ins are tomorrow. I am getting excited to get it on. I made an ipod play list just for the meet for between lifts.

I will probably watch all 6 Rocky movies the night before as I won't be able to sleep lol.

smoothballer
01-27-11, 2:33 pm
A little. 2 days to go, weigh ins are tomorrow. I am getting excited to get it on. I made an ipod play list just for the meet for between lifts.

I will probably watch all 6 Rocky movies the night before as I won't be able to sleep lol.

You can take a 2 hour cat nap during Rocky V...lol

naturalguy
01-27-11, 3:13 pm

True, I was probably going to skip that one

Aggression
01-27-11, 3:34 pm

True, I was probably going to skip that one

"Hey Tommy .... I didn't hear no bell ... 1 more round .."

naturalguy
01-27-11, 3:58 pm
"Hey Tommy .... I didn't hear no bell ... 1 more round .."

"Get up ya son of a bitch.....................................cause Micki loves ya"

LayzieBone085
01-27-11, 4:59 pm
Getting anxious in here ? Good luck!

Mr. Dead
01-28-11, 3:37 pm
Good luck, gentlemen...

J-Dawg
01-28-11, 5:01 pm
Thanks for the support guys!

Posted earlier on UniversalUSA.com: http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/J-Dawg/Blog/1-Day-Out-2011-IPA-NJ-State-Powerlifting-Championships?ref=1837
Well, there's only one more day to go before I officially step into the powerlifting arena. I'm sitting about about 180 this morning so I'll have no problems hitting the 181 class as planned. I'll be meeting up with NG, Aggression, T.Kemble and Big D shortly to weigh in at 11am. As soon as I weigh in, the plan is to drink lots of CARB Max + ELECTRO Max + Creatine + a eat bag of Baked Lays potato chips. These things will help to replenish my water weight and keep my muscles fully hydrated for tomorrow. I will continue to sip CARB Max throughout the day and take a few servings of creatine and ELECTRO Max with it. The rest of my meals will consist of high sodium and carbs--pizza and burgers and pasta. Can't overdo it but I've been eating so strict for the past month, so my body should respond really well to the influx of carbs + electrolytes + water.

One caveat that I never anticipated for in my prep was snowstorms! LOL. I had to shovel out the driveway, walkway, part of street and 2 cars yesterday from about 14in of snow. My lowerback and glutes are still sore from it. This morning, U. Repstress was nice enough to lend me her heated back pad/massager. I'll be using this throughout the day to keep the area warm to hopefully encourage as much healing as possible. I can deal with a lot of pain but I'm not sure how much my muscles were fatigued by the 2hr+ of show shoveling. We'll find out tomorrow!

Shortly, I'll be on my way up to Newark to weigh in and hit up a quick post-weigh in meal with the boys. Stay tuned!

J-Dawg
01-28-11, 5:02 pm
Post-weigh in update:
Weighed in at 178.4! Easily hit my weight (had to make the 181 class). All it took was some strict, clean eating for 2 weeks and it was no problem. Now it's time to rehydrate with some SportPharma supplements--CARB Max, ELECTRO Max + Universal's Creatine + BetaAlan9 and turn on the heating pad/massager for my lower back.

HIGA MONSTER
01-28-11, 6:10 pm
Post-weigh in update:
Weighed in at 178.4! Easily hit my weight (had to make the 181 class). All it took was some strict, clean eating for 2 weeks and it was no problem. Now it's time to rehydrate with some SportPharma supplements--CARB Max, ELECTRO Max + Universal's Creatine + BetaAlan9 and turn on the heating pad/massager for my lower back.
Best of luck to you guys!

FYI, its 80 degrees here in Los Angeles. I just got back from being outside. LOL

HIGA MONSTER

Big Wides
01-28-11, 6:46 pm
knock em dead guys...best of luck

scals
01-28-11, 6:48 pm
Post-weigh in update:

Get some Just Whey and CARB Max and refuel brother. Best of luck to both of ya tomorrow!

LayzieBone085
01-28-11, 8:48 pm
Screw the carb supps.. head over the IHOP for pancakes and use that as your carb source :)

FITGYM
01-29-11, 7:38 pm
good luck fellas

LayzieBone085
01-29-11, 8:47 pm
"Meet done. 8 out of 9 lifts good. I set pr's in the squat and dead lift"

NG's Twitter/Facebook

naturalguy
01-31-11, 1:19 pm
I entered my first powerlifting meet this past weekend. I have competed in bodybuilding before although it was many years ago. I was always intrigued with powerlifting. This year I am coming up on the big 4-0 birthday and I felt it was time to do something. Get back on the bodybuilding stage? A consideration for sure but there was a pull inside of me to try powerlifting. I was fortunate enough to meet Henri Skiba a few years ago and he helped teach me a lot about how to lift properly. Since then T.Kemble trained squats with me every Sunday and helped with my training program leading up to the meet.

I admit I was nervous and anxious leading up to the meet. The night before I watch Rocky I, II & III (yeah call me corny but it gets me fired up). I barely slept that night.

Meet day - it was a LONG day but one of the best experiences of my life. I can't even describe the adrenaline rush before and during the lifts. I had my headphones on with some tunes that get me pumped up, I wore them right up until I walked out on to the platform (you are not allowed to wear them during a lift). I was focused and ready, I had done my home work in the gym. For each lift I would step up to the bar, try to remember my technique and then give it all my effort. The first attempt on the squat was the toughest because of my nerves but once it was out of the way, I had so much fun.

Squats - I hit a PR on my last attempt, it was 425 lbs, not a lot of weight but the most I have done. I know I can squat a lot more and I will with my time training.

Bench - I hit 300 on my 2nd attempt but missed 310 on my 3rd. I will get much better with this. It's much harder than just benching in the gym as they make you pause and you can't go up until the judge says so.

Deadlift - I hit a PR of 515 lbs on my 3rd attempt. It felt great, went up "easy" although it felt heavy. I know I had more in me but I wanted to at least nail a PR in my first meet.

Total was 1240 lbs. - respectable, I was in the 198 lb, sub-master, raw amateur division. I took 1st place.

The thing that made this day really special was that my boys J-Dawg, Aggression and G Diesel all competed with me. Skiba, T.Kemble and Big D also competed at the event so it was like one big family. Several Universal athletes came out to show support - Shaun Clarida, Vinny Galanti & Brad Rowe.

All in all a great day, I am so glad I did the meet.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/2011%20NJ%20State%20Power%20Lifting%20Championship/2011NJStatePowerLiftingChampionship110.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/2011%20NJ%20State%20Power%20Lifting%20Championship/2011NJStatePowerLiftingChampionship103.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/2011%20NJ%20State%20Power%20Lifting%20Championship/2011NJStatePowerLiftingChampionship085.jpg

My nephew, future Animal:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/2011%20NJ%20State%20Power%20Lifting%20Championship/2011NJStatePowerLiftingChampionship064.jpg

Mr. Dead
01-31-11, 1:28 pm
Awesome job, gentlemen...!!!

G Diesel
01-31-11, 1:33 pm
You guys killed it on Saturday... Very proud of your effort and performance.

Much respect.

Peace, G

LayzieBone085
01-31-11, 2:49 pm
Pics and Update are full of win

Now 1 month till the arnold!

naturalguy
01-31-11, 2:50 pm
You guys killed it on Saturday... Very proud of your effort and performance.

Much respect.

Peace, G

As did you my friend

Big Wides
01-31-11, 4:03 pm
Proud of you guys, nice job all around and you gave it hell. Always nice to hear and read about these kinds of accomplishments

respect

J-Dawg
02-01-11, 1:59 pm
Posted this over at Universal too: http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/J-Dawg/Blog/2011-IPA-NJ-State-Powerlifting-Championships-1.29.11?ref=1837

Well, I've had some time to rest and recuperate after the powerlifting meet this weekend. I competed at the IPA NJ State Powerlifting Championships in the 181lb class (weighed in at 178.4) as a raw amateur. Reading all of the messages from everyone here that wished us well in our venture meant a lot to me. I thank you all for your support and kind words. The following is a little rundown of what took place on Saturday.

I woke up early Saturday morning at 5am. I wanted to try and sleep as long as possible beforehand but I was so anxious to start the day that my body wouldn't let me rest any longer. I immediately got up and started getting everything ready. Since I was up early, I ended up cooking some turkey sausage to start the day with that along side a bagel with peanut butter and honey. I also made up some CARB Max + Creatine and started sipping on it before leaving the house. I wanted to make sure I was as hydrated as possible from the start. I left the house at 7am, got some gas for the car and began the drive up to Newark. In the car, I continued to eat a bit and drink my mix. My back was still quite sore from the previous day's snow shoveling so I continued to keep it heated and use the massage option on the back pad. I needed to get it as close to being healed as possible for the event.

I arrived up in Newark at about 8:30am and it took me about 15min to find a parking spot! The lot was poorly plowed and spots were hard to come by. I ended up making my own spot by parking on the side. I didn't want to be late for the rules so I just gave up trying to wait for someone else to pull out of their spot. Saw Aggression as soon as I got there. We went in and met up with G and NG and saw T.Kemble and Skibs as well. We gave the spotting crew our rack heights so that when we'd do our squats, we'd have it set beforehand. Next up were the rules. I didn't want to break any rules or perform a lift incorrectly so I made sure to listen to what Big Gene Rychlak had to say. After the rules I stretched out a bit, foam rolled, took some supplements--Animal Rage + CARB Max + ELECTRO Max + Beta Ala9. I wanted to make sure I had all my supps in before hitting the lifts.

The first event was squats. I was in the second flight of lifters so we waited for the first 20 or so lifters to go through their 3 attempts before we'd be heading up. Warming up properly would be key. You had to time it so that you wouldn't start your warmups too late or too soon. For squats I just hit up the bar for a few reps, waited 5 mins, hit up 135 for 2 sets of 5, waited again, hit up 225 for a few, waited again and hit up 275 for 1 and then 315 for 1. At this point it would be time for our flight to go up. I would be opening with 360 which I knew I could hit for a solid rep. When my time came to go up, I was filled with nervous energy. I was just hoping to go down and come up with the weight. I wasn't concerned about depth b/c I go super low on squats. I got under the monolift, got the bar on my bar, kind of spaced out my feet and just stood up. I don't even know what I was thinking at that point. I just took a deep breath as I stood up and got ready to squat down. I descend slowly, squat into the hole and come up with the weight on my back. I make sure the lift is good and then place it back in the monolift. 360 was in the books! With that lift out of the way, I unwound a bit and got ready for the next one after the rest of the flight went. I told them I'd go for 380. I had only ever attempted 380 once and 385 once which I had gotten while training at Skiba's a few Sunday's ago. My back was fatigued from shoveling so I had given up on doing 400 as I had originally wanted to attempt. I hit 380 with a little struggle but got it up and it was a clean lift. I didn't have much left in the tank so I told them I'd just go for 390 on my last attempt. I gave it all I had left and hit proper depth but only came up an inch before my back and upper quads gave out. Looking back, I think I was squatting a bit too narrow (even for my conventional style) but gave all I could on those lifts so I was happy to get 380 in the books.

Next up was bench, which overall is the weakest of my lifts. I was a bit nervous b/c when I'd watched Gene give the rules demonstration, they emphasized the pause on the lift and wouldn't count the lift unless you properly paused before pressing back up. The cleanest lift I had gotten was 290 in the gym but it wasn't done with a long enough pause that they look for in powerlifting. I attempted 260 on my first which I got with no issues. On my second I went for 280 which I picked b/c I thought I could get it. I brought the weight down controlled (maybe too slow--it looked like I was doing a negative, lol!), paused it and then pushed it up. Man, it felt heavy after the long pause. I gave all I had to push it up to the lock out and was relieved when I heard them tell me to place it back on the rack b/c I knew it was good at that point. With not much left in the tank for bench, I only attempted 285 on my last one. I thought I had a shot at it. When it was my turn to go, I got under the rack, brought the bar down controlled, paused and then pushed it up as hard as I could but got stuck about 70% of the way up. I gave it my best but nothing was left in the tank for that rep. My 2nd attempt at 280 is what would go in the books and I was happy with it.

After bench, we had a long time before deadlifting b/c many guys were only doing bench. They had arrived post-squat and were still warming up for the bench. During the down time, I just talked with others who were there and refueled. Another serving of Animal Rage went down the shoot and it was time for deads. I felt pretty good as we were warming up but was quite worn down from having attempted heavy 1RM on both squat and bench press. I would open with 455, a weight that I had easily hit in practice session numerous times. I stepped up to the platform when my name was called, bent down and picked up the bar quite easily, waited for them to tell me it was good and then I gently placed it back down on the floor. I picked 480 for my next lift b/c I was still unsure of how I'd feel. When my turn came around again, I easily picked up the 480 and got a nice clean lift in again. On my last attempt for deads, having failed on my 3rd attempt for both squat and bench, I chose a conservative 500lb. I wanted to attempt more but figured, let's just get it on the books. For the 500lb dead, I bent down, not knowing if I'd come up with the weight in my hands but a second later, I exploded up with the weight and was shocked at how easily it went up. I knew I could have gotten a good 20lb more but was happy to have hit the 500lb. It will only fuel the fire to do even more next time!

So all-in-all, for my first time stepping into the powerlifting arena, not sure of what to expect at all, I was happy with what I was able to achieve. It was great having my brothers in arms there doing the contest together (Aggression, naturalguy and G Diesel). Mad respect for them and their display of power at the event as well. Big D, T.Kemble and Skibs (all have crazy strength and did awesome) also competed and were there encouraging us all and helping to guide us on how to warm up properly before each lift (it's interesting when you have 20 other people in your flight doing the same--ya gotta time it right and not warm up too fast or too slow).

To rehash--Here were my best lifts for the day:
181 Raw Amateur (drug tested/open division)
Total: 1160
Squat: 380 (I didn't have any drive with the attempt after this one)
Bench: 280 (Never really practiced the pause rep so I went conservative here)
Deadlift 500 (opened with 455, then did 480 and easily nailed 500--definitely had more in the tank!)

All in all, I know where I could improve for powerlifting and am contemplating my next direction.
--Technique (esp. bench--pausing and then pressing)
--Training less like a bb'er (less focus on building muscle/more on form)
--Focus more on the big 3 lifts
--No more snow shoveling less than 48 hrs out!
--Keep a more consistent diet throughout

What will be the next step? I'll take this week off and plot it all out.

J-Dawg
02-01-11, 2:00 pm
Link to some vids from the event:
500lb Raw Deadlift @ IPA NJ MEET (181 Class): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qduGJBUhXw
380lb Raw Squat @ IPA NJ MEET (181 Class):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf8jiQrDaTI
280lb Raw Bench @ IPA NJ MEET (181 Class): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_kzs-23A8c

smoothballer
02-01-11, 3:37 pm
500lb Raw Deadlift @ IPA NJ MEET (181 Class): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qduGJBUhXw
380lb Raw Squat @ IPA NJ MEET (181 Class):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf8jiQrDaTI
280lb Raw Bench @ IPA NJ MEET (181 Class): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_kzs-23A8c

Some real quality lifts J! You should be damn proud of yourself!

LayzieBone085
02-01-11, 5:40 pm
Already texted you about 100 times .. but you are the man CONGRATS! we celebrate with BD's in a month.

mritter3
02-01-11, 8:03 pm
sick work fellas...glad you all got to do it together...sounds like it was a great experience.

HIGA MONSTER
02-02-11, 1:34 am
Holy shit, that deadlift was EASY!

Man, if you work on your squat stance more, I bet you will squat 450 lbs easy.
You are narrow to my liking but BURIED the squat that Stevie Wonder would have given you 3 white lights.

Great job guys! Proud of you all!
HIGA MONSTER

J-Dawg
02-02-11, 8:54 am
Holy shit, that deadlift was EASY!

Man, if you work on your squat stance more, I bet you will squat 450 lbs easy.
You are narrow to my liking but BURIED the squat that Stevie Wonder would have given you 3 white lights.

Great job guys! Proud of you all!
HIGA MONSTER

Thanks HIGA!

Yeah, the deadlift went up really easy. I was very conservative with the weight b/c I just wanted to get a decent one the in the books, but after I exploded up with the weight, I knew I had more in me!

My squat was definitely too narrow. I train narrow but looking back, that was even more narrow than how I train. I was so nervous using the monolift that I wasn't able to get my feet placement right.

I know what to fix now for next time!

naturalguy
02-02-11, 8:59 am
I finally got the video up of all 3 of my lifts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp72iC8QwoI

HIGA MONSTER
02-02-11, 10:05 am
Thanks HIGA!

Yeah, the deadlift went up really easy. I was very conservative with the weight b/c I just wanted to get a decent one the in the books, but after I exploded up with the weight, I knew I had more in me!

My squat was definitely too narrow. I train narrow but looking back, that was even more narrow than how I train. I was so nervous using the monolift that I wasn't able to get my feet placement right.

I know what to fix now for next time!
I understand about the Monolift. If you are not used to it, its weird to set up your squat stance.

That happened to me at the Seattle ABC at Stan Efferding's gym. I should have just walked out all my attempts.

HIGA MONSTER

Aggression
02-02-11, 10:18 am
I finally got the video up of all 3 of my lifts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp72iC8QwoI

The training has definitely paid off well for you, NG. That 520lb deadlift was a helluva lot easier than the 512lb lift that you did a few months back. Big weight, bro. niCe.

naturalguy
02-02-11, 10:38 am
The training has definitely paid off well for you, NG. That 520lb deadlift was a helluva lot easier than the 512lb lift that you did a few months back. Big weight, bro. niCe.

Thanks A.

It was 515 at the meet but you are right, I watched the 512 in the gym and I struggled with it and the 515 went up "easy" although it felt heavy.

Enforcer
02-02-11, 11:52 am
Just want to say a huge congrats to both of you guys for the numbers you put up at your first meet, very impressive shit. You guys are living examples that hard work does truly pay off in the end. Keep up the hard ass work, looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks

Mr. Dead
02-11-11, 2:42 pm
"The Dead Report..."
http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Mr.-Dead/Blog/The-Dead-Report4?ref=3165

LayzieBone085
02-11-11, 5:36 pm
Very nice!

Mr. Dead
02-14-11, 9:11 pm
The inaugural edition of "Dead Man Talkin'..."
http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Mr.-Dead/Blog/Dead-Man-Talkin?ref=3165

LayzieBone085
02-15-11, 5:35 pm
Too quiet in here.

Mr. Dead
02-15-11, 5:42 pm
Too quiet in here.

They wuz busy doing interviews...

J-Dawg
02-15-11, 5:43 pm
Been logging the workouts over at UniversalUSA.com: http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/J-Dawg

Gotta get back to posting 'em here too...

LayzieBone085
02-15-11, 8:55 pm
They wuz busy doing interviews...

USA where its at.

Mr. Dead
04-29-11, 7:01 pm
Shall I reserve NG a spot, in the Masters tribe...??? *LOL*

J-Dawg
07-15-11, 5:02 pm
There is life again...

Training has been consistent but work has been busy so I haven't posted in here for awhile.

We'll start with good old benchapalooza to bring things back...

Friday, 7/15/11
Incline Bench Press
Warmups
135 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

DB Flyes
4 sets x 12 (up to 65s x 12)

Dips
1 set to failure

naturalguy
07-15-11, 5:04 pm
Strong bump

Mr. Dead
07-15-11, 5:16 pm
Strong bump

Agreed... *Cough... Cough...* The dust defiitely got stirred up... *LOL*

J-Dawg
07-16-11, 1:13 pm
Strong bump

Agreed... *Cough... Cough...* The dust defiitely got stirred up... *LOL*

It's time to start some cleaning, haha.

I had nothing great to post about for my workouts so I kept it quiet. Now it's time to start some heavier training.

Seath308
07-16-11, 1:18 pm

I had nothing great to post about for my workouts so I kept it quiet. Now it's time to start some heavier training.

OOOOOOHHHHHH YUUUUUPPPPP Thats what I am screaming!!! Start Tearing that shit apart J-Dawg!!!!

J-Dawg
07-16-11, 1:19 pm
Legs: 7.16.11

Second week of heavier squatting. Been working for a few months on technique--new grip and getting used to having the bar lower on my back. I have finally adjust and can more comfortably handle 3pps for reps now.

Squats
Warmups--lots of sets with 135 to warm up b/c my right knee was bothering me.
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 5
345 x 3
All deep in the hole--below parallel

Deadlifts
Warmups w/ 135 for a few sets
225 x 8
315 x 5
405 x 3
405 x 3

2nd heavy weight deadlift sessions in months. Starting to get some strength back. Did more of a stiff-legged style today b/c my knee was bothering me still.

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12-15

Leg Curls
5 sets x 15

Standing Lower Back Extensions
5 sets x 12

J-Dawg
07-16-11, 1:20 pm
OOOOOOHHHHHH YUUUUUPPPPP Thats what I am screaming!!! Start Tearing that shit apart J-Dawg!!!!

Thanks Ben! Focused and ready for the training.

BigAnt
07-17-11, 10:03 am
Legs: 7.16.11

Second week of heavier squatting. Been working for a few months on technique--new grip and getting used to having the bar lower on my back. I have finally adjust and can more comfortably handle 3pps for reps now.

Squats
Warmups--lots of sets with 135 to warm up b/c my right knee was bothering me.
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 5
345 x 3
All deep in the hole--below parallel

Deadlifts
Warmups w/ 135 for a few sets
225 x 8
315 x 5
405 x 3
405 x 3

2nd heavy weight deadlift sessions in months. Starting to get some strength back. Did more of a stiff-legged style today b/c my knee was bothering me still.

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12-15

Leg Curls
5 sets x 15

Standing Lower Back Extensions
5 sets x 12

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solid workout..what gym are you training at now?

Mr. Dead
07-17-11, 12:27 pm

I'm guessin' it's more of a case of gettin' large and in charge, for the Cage at the "O"...

J-Dawg
07-18-11, 9:29 am
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solid workout..what gym are you training at now?

Thanks BigAnt. Right now, I'm training on the weekend at Retro Fitness and then at the U during the week.

I'm guessin' it's more of a case of gettin' large and in charge, for the Cage at the "O"...

More focused now and definitely want to be larger at the O but also stay lean!

J-Dawg
07-18-11, 10:38 am
Threw an extra arm session into the mix on Sunday...

Sunday, 7.17.11
Preacher Curls
5 sets x 10-12
Seated EZ Curl Extensions
5 sets x 12-15

Close Grip Bench Press
185 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Reverse Curls
10 sets x 10-12

DB Kickbacks
5 sets x 12

J-Dawg
07-18-11, 3:58 pm
Shoulders w/ G and NG -- 7.18.11

Shoulders
Standing BB Press
Warmups
135 x 10
155 x 8
175 x 4
135 x 12

Seated DB Side Laterals
4 sets x 10-12

DB Front Raises
4 sets x 12

Rear Laterals w/ Bands
5 sets

J-Dawg
07-18-11, 4:00 pm
One of the greatest speeches ever, IMHO...

Jimmy Valvano's ESPY Speech
"Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpxMMbtlfng

rev8ball
07-18-11, 4:01 pm
Shoulders w/ G and NG -- 7.18.11

Shoulders
Standing BB Press
Warmups
135 x 10
155 x 8
175 x 4
135 x 12

Seated DB Side Laterals
4 sets x 10-12

DB Front Raises
4 sets x 12

Rear Laterals w/ Bands
5 sets

Solid.
Good to see you posting on here again....

J-Dawg
07-18-11, 4:08 pm
Solid.
Good to see you posting on here again....

Thanks rev. Always getting the work in.

Mr. Dead
07-18-11, 4:10 pm
More focused now and definitely want to be larger at the O but also stay lean!

As is proper...

LayzieBone085
07-18-11, 4:16 pm
J.. Any chance im gonna run into you at the Olympia this year?

naturalguy
07-18-11, 4:17 pm
One of the greatest speeches ever, IMHO...

Jimmy Valvano's ESPY Speech
"Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpxMMbtlfng

Awesome stuff, the JUGGERNAUT should watch that

J-Dawg
07-18-11, 5:26 pm
J.. Any chance im gonna run into you at the Olympia this year?

I'll be there LB!

Awesome stuff, the JUGGERNAUT should watch that

Naw aw aw aw aut.

LayzieBone085
07-18-11, 7:46 pm
Any chance they got legit places like BD"s in Vegas?

BigAnt
07-18-11, 11:29 pm
Retro is not bad, one opend up 5 minutes from my house. Can't beat the price and a very very short drive, equipment is new/nice...I like it...the pics on my Universal thread are from Retro...

naturalguy
07-19-11, 8:39 am
Any chance they got legit places like BD"s in Vegas?

We hit up In 'n Out when we are on the west coast.

Are you going to be in Vegas for the Olympia?

Big Wides
07-19-11, 10:28 am
In and Out Burger's are awesome and tasty

JUGGERNAUT
07-19-11, 10:32 am

Wrong name for Wides though, he walks IN and stays.

rev8ball
07-19-11, 11:40 am

Wrong name for Wides though, he walks IN and stays.

Oh yeah, IN N OUT!
4x4, fries, choc shake....... ultimate pwo.....

LayzieBone085
07-19-11, 4:29 pm

Yes i am NG.. See you there.. In n Out.. Burger/Fry.. WEAKSAUCE.. how about all you can eat mongolian grill? Thats untouchable!

rev8ball
07-19-11, 6:23 pm
Yes i am NG.. See you there.. In n Out.. Burger/Fry.. WEAKSAUCE.. how about all you can eat mongolian grill? Thats untouchable!

That shit is panzy-ass compared to Texas de Brazil.......

J-Dawg
07-20-11, 4:03 pm
Back -- 7.20.11

Trained with NG. A nice, quick routine. Just went in for a pump today.

Pulldowns
5 sets x 12

BB Rows
Warmups
135 x 12
135 x 12
185 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 8

Pullups
4 sets x failure (which has now been termed pulling a JUGGERNAUT)

Abs
10 sets of crunches in between sets of back.

naturalguy
07-20-11, 4:04 pm
That shit is panzy-ass compared to Texas de Brazil.......

Yes, Texas de Brazil is awesome

Back -- 7.20.11

Trained with NG. A nice, quick routine. Just went in for a pump today.

Pulldowns
5 sets x 12

BB Rows
Warmups
135 x 12
135 x 12
185 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 8

Pullups
4 sets x failure (which has now been termed pulling a JUGGERNAUT)

Abs
10 sets of crunches in between sets of back.

Good workout today J

Next week starts teh program

mritter3
07-20-11, 4:13 pm
strong back session J....

what program you starting next week?

naturalguy
07-20-11, 4:21 pm
what program you starting next week?

A new Westside 8 week mini cycle

LayzieBone085
07-20-11, 4:27 pm
A new Westside 8 week mini cycle

Outline?

J-Dawg
07-20-11, 4:31 pm
Outline?

NG claims it's top secret :(

naturalguy
07-20-11, 4:32 pm
Outline?

I will most likely post it next week but the schedule will look like this:

Sunday - ME (max effort) Lower - Squats, deads & accessory
Tuesday - cardio
Monday - DE (dynamic effort) Upper body - bench & accessory
Wednesday - DE lower - squats, deads accessory
Thursday - cardio
Friday - ME Upper body - bench & accessory
Saturday - cardio (optional)

If you are familiar with Westside - on ME days it's heavy and on DE days it's speed and reps. It's a lot of volume and taxing on your system but it is effective.

Mr. Dead
07-20-11, 4:47 pm
I will most likely post it next week but the schedule will look like this:

Sunday - ME (max effort) Lower - Squats, deads & accessory
Tuesday - cardio
Monday - DE (dynamic effort) Upper body - bench & accessory
Wednesday - DE lower - squats, deads accessory
Thursday - cardio
Friday - ME Upper body - bench & accessory
Saturday - cardio (optional)
Diet consists of Ben and Jerry's Clusterfluff, as well as Chinese Buffet... Daily...
If you are familiar with Westside - on ME days it's heavy and on DE days it's speed and reps. It's a lot of volume and taxing on your system but it is effective.
Interesting...

J-Dawg
07-21-11, 3:26 pm
Little extra workout for the week--

Biceps
130 total reps for standing DB curls
130 total reps for reverse DB curls

Calves
10 total sets of calf raises w/ 225lb

naturalguy
07-21-11, 4:46 pm
Little extra workout for the week--

Biceps
130 total reps for standing DB curls
130 total reps for reverse DB curls

Calves
10 total sets of calf raises w/ 225lb

130 reps??????????

J-Dawg
07-21-11, 5:11 pm
130 reps??????????

Sometimes, higher reps are needed for a change.

Mr. Dead
07-21-11, 6:02 pm
130 reps??????????

Who let the nakedguy in here...???

J-Dawg
07-21-11, 8:42 pm
Who let the nakedguy in here...???

Only the clothed should be allowed in here.

B Con
07-22-11, 9:55 am
lulz all around in here haha

J-Dawg
07-22-11, 4:31 pm
Benchapalooza with the boys -- 7.22.11

Incline Bench
Warmups
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 5
235 x 5
245 x 3
225 x 5

Incline Flyes
4 sets x 12

Dips
3 sets x failure

LayzieBone085
07-22-11, 7:52 pm
Set up your game J, dont be bringing that weaksauce to the Olympia :)

J-Dawg
07-22-11, 8:07 pm
Don't worry LB. Game is stepping up for sure.

J-Dawg
07-24-11, 2:21 pm
Quick post for the weekend workouts.

Legs -- 7.23.11

Trained at Retro.
Squats
Warmups with the bar & 135 b/c my right knee is still tight x 6
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 5
350 x 2
315 x 5
Feeling better with the new grip and bar lower on my back. Below parallel for all sets so no problemo on the depth.

Hack Squats
4 sets up to 4pps x 10

Leg Press
4 sets x 12

Deadlifts
Warmups x 3
225 x 10
315 x 8
405 x 3

Leg Curls superset w/ Leg Extensions
4 sets of each x 15

J-Dawg
07-24-11, 2:25 pm
Arms -- 7.24.11

Close Grip Bench
5 sets w/ 235 x 4 (paused at the bottom of each rep)

Standing EZ Bar Curls
5 sets x 90lb x 12

DB Skull Crushers
5 sets x 12

Lying Isolation Curls
5 sets x 12

DB Kickbacks
4 sets x 10

Straightbar Reverse Curls
4 sets x 10

Behind the Back Wrist Curls
4 sets x failure

Reverse Wrist Curls
4 sets x failure

J-Dawg
07-24-11, 2:31 pm
Anytime you don't feel like training, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tXhJniSEc

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ainīt what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ainīt you! Youīre better than that!" (Rocky Balboa)

LayzieBone085
07-24-11, 4:18 pm
Lot of volume for Arms there J... do you feel like you respond well to volume in general or just for that bodypart?

J-Dawg
07-25-11, 4:03 pm
Lot of volume for Arms there J... do you feel like you respond well to volume in general or just for that bodypart?

For arms, I do feel like I respond better to higher volume. Have tried not training arms often, training them with fewer sets and always find that when I train with a bit higher volume plus solid reps, they respond with some growth.

J-Dawg
07-25-11, 4:08 pm
Shoulders -- 7.25.11

Trained at The U with G, NG and with the NAUT training in the background.

Seated DB Press
Warmups x 4 sets
55s x 12
70s x 10
90s x 6

DB Side Laterals
30s x 5 sets x 10

Rear Lateral Bandwork
6 sets

Upright Row Bands
3 sets

Calves
Standing Calf Raises
10 sets x 20

naturalguy
07-25-11, 4:23 pm
Getting back to training on a structured program since the meet. I took a week off after the meet then trained regular last week. Now it's time to get back into the groove. I'll be doing a westside training template that T.Kemble drew up. My schedule will look like this:

Monday - DE (Dynamic Effort) upper body
Tuesday - off/cardio
Wednesday - DE lower body
Thursday - off/cardio
Friday - ME (Max effort) upper body
Saturday - off/cardio
Sunday - ME lower body

I'll be rotating exercises a lot through this cycle which will last 8 weeks.

Today's workout:

Bench press:

165 (50%) x 10 sets x 2 reps (fast)
Rear delt band pull a parts - 50 reps (multiple sets)
Standing side laterals - 3 set x 10 reps
Tricep rope extensions - 50 reps (multiple sets)

J-Dawg
07-27-11, 9:01 pm
Back -- 7.27.11

Trained at the U with G and the NAUT.

Wide Grip Pull Ups
6 sets x 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6
Close Grip Pull Ups
6 sets x 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8

BB Rows (alternating underhand/overhand grip)
4 sets x 12

DB Rows on Incline Bench
4 sets x 12

Lower Back Extensions
3 sets x failure

Standing Calf Raises
10 sets x 15-20

LayzieBone085
07-28-11, 5:43 am
What.. no deadlifts? J i dissapoint!

naturalguy
07-28-11, 8:12 am

You see what happens when I am not around

J-Dawg
07-28-11, 10:05 am

Haha, don't be dissapoint. I've been doing them after squats on Saturday :)

J-Dawg
07-28-11, 10:08 am
You see what happens when I am not around

That's why I have to train deads on the weekend NG.

ToSo
07-28-11, 11:12 am
Back -- 7.27.11

Wide Grip Pull Ups
6 sets x 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6
Close Grip Pull Ups
6 sets x 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8

BB Rows (alternating underhand/overhand grip)
4 sets x 12

DB Rows on Incline Bench
4 sets x 12

Lower Back Extensions
3 sets x failure

Standing Calf Raises
10 sets x 15-20

Solid back session, hoping to stop by soon. See if I can still keep up with the big dawgs!? J. are you still staying lean for the summer? Any bulking plans?

J-Dawg
07-28-11, 11:40 am
Solid back session, hoping to stop by soon. See if I can still keep up with the big dawgs!? J. are you still staying lean for the summer? Any bulking plans?

Yep, staying somewhat lean for the summer but looking to increase strength so I haven't cut back the carbs too much. Just incorporating more fish and lean protein sources on top of the complex carbs and good fats. Can't be too small for when we head out to Vegas in Sept.

Definitely stop by for a session. We miss having ya train with us for shoulders and benchapalooza.

Aggression
07-28-11, 2:19 pm
Yep, staying somewhat lean for the summer but looking to increase strength so I haven't cut back the carbs too much. Just incorporating more fish and lean protein sources on top of the complex carbs and good fats. Can't be too small for the Autumn Apocalypse

Definitely stop by for a session. We miss having ya train with us for shoulders and benchapalooza.

fixed

J-Dawg
07-28-11, 3:51 pm
fixed

Haha. You never know.

J-Dawg
07-28-11, 3:55 pm
Off day -- 7.28.11

Trained with G, NG and NAUT.

Squats
10 working sets
225 x 6
225 x 6
275 x 1
315 x 2
315 x 2
315 x 2
315 x 2
315 x 2
315 x 5
315 x 3

LayzieBone085
07-28-11, 4:31 pm
SImple! I like it

naturalguy
07-28-11, 5:22 pm
Simple yet effective today

Trained at the U with G Diesel, J-Dawg & the JUGGERNAUT

I didn't have my Chuck's with me so I squatted and pulled barefoot

Squats:

10 sets x 2 reps with 225 (50% max)

Deads:

6 sets x 2 reps with 275 (more than 50%)

J-Dawg
07-29-11, 4:03 pm
Benchapalooza -- 7.29.11

Trained with G and the NAUT

Incline BB Press
Warmups
185 x 8
225 x 5
245 x 3
225 x 5

DB Flyes
5 sets x 12

Dips
3 sets x 12

naturalguy
07-30-11, 9:55 am
i missed benchapalooza with the boys but i trained on my own

max effort upper body

close grip floor presses

275 x 1
285 x 1
300 x 1

standing military presses

135 x 6
165 x 5
185 x 3

lat pulldowns

3 x 12

tate presses

4 x 10

hammer curls

3 x 10

J-Dawg
07-30-11, 12:21 pm
i missed benchapalooza with the boys but i trained on my own

max effort upper body

close grip floor presses

275 x 1
285 x 1
300 x 1

standing military presses

135 x 6
165 x 5
185 x 3

lat pulldowns

3 x 12

tate presses

4 x 10

hammer curls

3 x 10

Good work NG. Glad to see you hitting hard w/o the crew with ya.

J-Dawg
07-30-11, 12:29 pm
Arms -- 7.30.11

Trained at Retro Fitness and got a nice superset workout in.

Close Grip Bench Press
Warmups
185 x 10
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

Standing EZ Bar Curl
Warmups
90 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 10
100 x 8

V-Bar Pushdowns
5 sets x 12-15

Reverse EZ Bar Curls
5 sets x 10

DB Kickbacks
4 sets x 12

DB Hammer Curls
4 sets x 12

Forearms
Wrist Curls On Bench
4 sets x 20

Reverse Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20+

Calves
Machine Calf Pushdowns
5 sets x 20

Seated Calf Raises
5 sets x 15

Abs
Decline Crunches
5 sets x 15-20

naturalguy
07-31-11, 8:04 am
Good work NG. Glad to see you hitting hard w/o the crew with ya.

I missed benchapalooza however sadpanda.jpeg

J-Dawg
07-31-11, 1:04 pm
Legs & Lower Back -- 7.31.11

Body is feeling beat up but wanted to get an extra squat session in to push myself harder.

Squats
Lots of warmups w/ 135
225 x 8
295 x 3
335 x 3
355 x 1
335 x 3

Deads
Warmups
225 x 8
315 x 6
405 x 3
455 x 1

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 15

Lower Back Extensions
5 sets x 15-20

Leg Curls
1 set to failure

Abs
Leg Raises
4 sets x 20

Solid Dreams
07-31-11, 1:51 pm
Do you prefer V-neck push downs over rope? Is there a real difference?

J-Dawg
07-31-11, 3:16 pm
Do you prefer V-neck push downs over rope? Is there a real difference?

I prefer to switch these two movements up. I'd say, half of the time I do V-bar, the other half would be rope. Using the V-bar allows me to be more stable on the movement and lift heavier, while the rope allows me to focus on the contraction and squeeze but with lighter weight.

DANO
07-31-11, 9:52 pm
Legs & Lower Back -- 7.31.11

Body is feeling beat up but wanted to get an extra squat session in to push myself harder.

Squats
Lots of warmups w/ 135
225 x 8
295 x 3
335 x 3
355 x 1
335 x 3

Deads
Warmups
225 x 8
315 x 6
405 x 3
455 x 1

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 15

Lower Back Extensions
5 sets x 15-20

Leg Curls
1 set to failure

Abs
Leg Raises
4 sets x 20

Great work for feeling beat up! Solid numbers there.

naturalguy
08-01-11, 6:10 am
Max Effort lower body Sunday morning

Box squats (parallel)

365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1

Stiff legged deadlifts

275 x 3 sets x 6 reps

Hyperextensions

3 sets x 12 reps

Abs

J-Dawg
08-01-11, 3:43 pm
Great work for feeling beat up! Solid numbers there.

Thanks DANO. Trying to push myself to train for a few weeks beyond normal conditions.

Max Effort lower body Sunday morning

Box squats (parallel)

365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1

Stiff legged deadlifts

275 x 3 sets x 6 reps

Hyperextensions

3 sets x 12 reps

Nice work NG. 455 on the box squat is no joke.

Abs

:O

J-Dawg
08-01-11, 3:49 pm
Shoulders -- 8.1.11

Trained solo today.

DB Shoulder Press
Warmups
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 3 (those previous sets w/ higher than normal reps wore me out)

DB Side Laterals
5 sets x 10

Rear Lateral Bands
5 sets x 12

Calves
Standing Calf Raises
8 sets x 20

LayzieBone085
08-01-11, 3:59 pm
Solo?
Everyone scared to hit it this morning or what J?

J-Dawg
08-01-11, 4:05 pm
Solo?
Everyone scared to hit it this morning or what J?

They couldn't make it today. As for the JUGGERNAUT, cue up the sound of failure. He's got no excuses, lol.

J-Dawg
08-04-11, 5:02 pm
Squats -- 8.4.11

Just squats today. With NG, CC, G and the infamous NAUT watching over us.

Squats
Warmups
225 x 8
250 x 5
275 x 3
300 x 3
315 x 3
335 x 3
365 x 2
375 x 1
All to depth.

Feeling stronger and looking to progress.

naturalguy
08-04-11, 5:31 pm
Friday's are benchapalooza, Thursdays are becoming squatpocalypse.

Trained with J-Dawg, G Diesel & C.Coronato. It is my DE lower body day

Squats:

250 (55%) x 8 sets x 2 reps

Deads:

300 (55%) x 6 sets x 2 reps

LayzieBone085
08-04-11, 7:59 pm
Now that is a crew and a legit session.

BigAnt
08-04-11, 9:53 pm
You guys are putting in some solid work...

I hear good thinga about Atomic7 Black Cherry do you prefer it over Grape?

naturalguy
08-05-11, 8:33 am

I am a grape guy but I love the variety with Black Cherry and it's quite unique

J-Dawg
08-05-11, 10:12 am
Now that is a crew and a legit session.

Thanks LB. It ain't a good session unless LB approved, haha.

Thanks BigAnt. For A7--I'm a big fan of the Black Cherry. I'd give it a slight edge over Grape.

I am a grape guy but I love the variety with Black Cherry and it's quite unique

Same here NG.

J-Dawg
08-05-11, 3:36 pm
Benchapalooza -- 8.5.11

Trained with G, NG and the NAUT.

Flat Bench
Warmups
185 x 8
225 x 6
245 x 3 (2 board w/ pause)
265 x 3 (2 board w/ pause)
275 x 1 (2 board w/ pause)
275 x 2 (2 board w/ pause)
225 x 6

Incline Flyes
4 sets x 15

naturalguy
08-05-11, 3:48 pm
Big Friday

ME Upper Body

2 board press:

275 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1

Standing military press:

135 x 6

165 x 4

185 x 3

Seated rows superset with dips:

3 sets x 15 reps rows, 10 reps dips

Forearm work

G Diesel
08-05-11, 4:32 pm
Benchapalooza -- 8.5.11

Trained with G, NG and the NAUT.

Flat Bench
Warmups
185 x 8
225 x 6
245 x 3 (2 board w/ pause)
265 x 3 (2 board w/ pause)
275 x 1 (2 board w/ pause)
275 x 2 (2 board w/ pause)
225 x 6

Incline Flyes
4 sets x 15

Big Friday

ME Upper Body

2 board press:

275 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1
315 x 1

Standing military press:

135 x 6

165 x 4

185 x 3

Seated rows superset with dips:

3 sets x 15 reps rows, 10 reps dips

Forearm work

Great to get it in with you freaks... Big Friday is official.

Peace, G

naturalguy
08-06-11, 9:28 am

Peace, G

I look forward to Big Friday more than any day of the week, having the Naut in attendance takes it up a notch

J-Dawg
08-06-11, 11:11 am

Peace, G

Only way to close out the work week.

I look forward to Big Friday more than any day of the week, having the Naut in attendance takes it up a notch

I kinda like Thursday's with Squatpocalypse too. Big Friday w/ Benchapalooza + Thursday's Squatpocalypse = win

Jay
08-06-11, 3:00 pm
Are you guys going to put up a video on youtube soon? I always enjoy the benchapalooza videos and the training vid's you guys put up.

J-Dawg
08-06-11, 3:27 pm
Are you guys going to put up a video on youtube soon? I always enjoy the benchapalooza videos and the training vid's you guys put up.

Not a bad idea. We'll have to start taking some vids again.

Jay
08-06-11, 3:32 pm
Not a bad idea. We'll have to start taking some vids again.

Sounds good!

J-Dawg
08-06-11, 3:33 pm
Armageddon -- 8.6.11

Had a solid arm session at Retro Fitness.

Close Grip Bench
Warmups
185 x 10
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

EZ Curls
5 sets x 10

DB Skull Crushers
5 sets x 12

DB Hammer Curls
5 sets x 12

V Bar Pushdowns
5 sets x 12

Reverse Curls
5 sets x 10

Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

Reverse Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

4 sets x 20

Abs
Decline Crunches
5 sets x 20-25

Calves
Seated Calf Raises
4 sets x 20

Machine Calf Raises
4 sets x 20

LayzieBone085
08-06-11, 4:16 pm
How long that WO take you ? Damn volume.

J-Dawg
08-07-11, 11:25 am
How long that WO take you ? Damn volume.

It was about 70min total for the workout. I do supersets and then even hammer out some calf work and abs in between. Sometimes ya gotta turn up the volume for results.

J-Dawg
08-07-11, 11:30 am
Legs/Lower Back -- 8.7.11

Trained on an empty stomach with only Apple Jacked Rage and Atomic 7 in my system. On leg days, I fuel up the night before b/c I don't like training with much in my stomach. Got a pretty solid workout in. Squats are getting stronger each week.

Squats
Warmups -- lots of em' for blood flow
225 x 8
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 2
365 x 2
365 x 2
365 x 2
All those sets were to depth (below parallel).

Deads
Warmups
225 x 8
315 x 6
405 x 3
455 x 1
455 x 1
No chalk and used a thick bar (not a standard DL bar b/c Retro doesn't have 'em)

Good Mornings
4 sets x 12

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12-15

Leg Curls
5 sets x 12-15

Leg Lifts
4 sets x 15

The House
08-07-11, 11:33 am
Armageddon -- 8.6.11

Had a solid arm session at Retro Fitness.

Close Grip Bench
Warmups
185 x 10
225 x 5
225 x 5
225 x 5

EZ Curls
5 sets x 10

DB Skull Crushers
5 sets x 12

DB Hammer Curls
5 sets x 12

V Bar Pushdowns
5 sets x 12

Reverse Curls
5 sets x 10

Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

Reverse Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

4 sets x 20

Abs
Decline Crunches
5 sets x 20-25

Calves
Seated Calf Raises
4 sets x 20

Machine Calf Raises
4 sets x 20

I like the volume I always get a better workout with higher volume

Firedrake
08-07-11, 5:16 pm
Damn fine arm volume (I'm the same way), and really fine legs/low back. Great stuff!

naturalguy
08-08-11, 7:58 am
Sunday is ME lower body

I tried Zercher squats today and they are TOUGH, I used my knee sleeves on my arms as it's extremely uncomfortable to hold the bar.

Zercher squats:

185 x 3

225 x 1

225 x 1

Good mornings:

3 sets x 6 reps

Modified glute/ham raises:

3 sets x 10 reps

Abs

J-Dawg
08-08-11, 11:54 am
I like the volume I always get a better workout with higher volume

I like your style House! Can't beat high volume for arms for sure. I still remember you banging out like 70 reps with 135lb barbell curls. Absolutely insane.

Damn fine arm volume (I'm the same way), and really fine legs/low back. Great stuff!

Thanks FD! I'm really feeling today. My body is recovering and almost all of my muscles are sore, haha.

Sunday is ME lower body

I tried Zercher squats today and they are TOUGH, I used my knee sleeves on my arms as it's extremely uncomfortable to hold the bar.

Zercher squats:

185 x 3

225 x 1

225 x 1

Good mornings:

3 sets x 6 reps

Modified glute/ham raises:

3 sets x 10 reps

Abs

Nice NG. Looking forward to squatpocalypse again on Thurs.

BigAnt
08-08-11, 11:56 am
How do your legs feel today...what gym did you train at?

J-Dawg
08-08-11, 4:48 pm
Shoulders -- 8.8.11

Trained at the U with G and the NAUT who were training arms together.

Seated DB Press
Lots of warmups
50s x 12
60s x 10
65s x 10
80s x 10

Side Laterals
4 sets x 12

Rear Lateral Bands
10 sets x 12

Rotator Cuff Work
5 sets x 12

ghost
08-08-11, 5:09 pm
some solid sessions in here J and NG. keep killing it!

naturalguy
08-08-11, 6:56 pm
How do your legs feel today...what gym did you train at? My legs are sore but in different places than regular squats which is good. I trained at the local LA Fitness with a good friend of mine who I hook up with on Sundays sometimes.

LayzieBone085
08-08-11, 7:55 pm
So these videos.....?

naturalguy
08-11-11, 5:34 pm
So these videos.....?

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM1vFXO05aI

That is the first Squatpocalypse video, you must watch the very end - JUGGERNAUT gets called out.

Squatted with G Diesel, J-Dawg & C.Coronato

Squats:

275 (60%) x 6 sets x 2 reps

Deads:

275 x 2

325 (60%) x 3 sets x 2

J-Dawg
08-11-11, 5:45 pm
Squatpocalypse -- 8.11.11

Trained with G, NG, CC and the NAUT was taking pics.

Squats
Warmups--lots of 'em
185 x 6
225 x 6
275 x 3
315 x 3
335 x 1
365 x 1
385 x 1
405 x 1

Video of some set of our sets above.

scals
08-11-11, 7:01 pm
Looking good J!

Firedrake
08-11-11, 7:13 pm
Very sweet looking squats!

LayzieBone085
08-11-11, 7:31 pm
The Callout = EPIC!

LayzieBone085
08-11-11, 7:36 pm
Check it out fellas:

Atomic 7 Review:

2Hs1zzujZvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hs1zzujZvU

J-Dawg
08-11-11, 8:53 pm
Looking good J!

Thanks scals! Hitting squats twice per week and feeling stronger.

Very sweet looking squats!

Thanks FD. We have a good time training hard during squatpocalypse.

The Callout = EPIC!

NG really enjoyed that callout. How will the NAUT respond? Only time will tell.

Check it out fellas:

Atomic 7 Review:

2Hs1zzujZvU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hs1zzujZvU

Awesome review LB. I really enjoyed the prototype as well. The A7 raspberry lemonade is the perfect balance of sweet/sour. Very refreshing.

J-Dawg
08-11-11, 9:01 pm
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM1vFXO05aI

That is the first Squatpocalypse video, you must watch the very end - JUGGERNAUT gets called out.

Squatted with G Diesel, J-Dawg & C.Coronato

If you look closely, we caught the NAUT on camera for a split second. I don't think he knows about it though, haha.

naturalguy
08-12-11, 10:54 am
I doubt the NAUT will respond

J-Dawg
08-12-11, 10:54 am
I doubt the NAUT will respond

He doesn't have the heart to post anymore :(

J-Dawg
08-12-11, 3:18 pm
Benchapalooza -- 8.12.11

Flat Bench
Warmups
185 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 1
Had to end flat bench here b/c my shoulder just didn't feel right and my wrist gave out on the lift. Need some recovery time.

Incline DB Press
5 sets x 10

Incline Flyes
4 sets x 12

LayzieBone085
08-12-11, 3:59 pm
No vids!? last one was EPIC

naturalguy
08-12-11, 4:21 pm
Big Friday:

G Diesel put on a strength display as usual.

Wide grip bench:

275 x 1
275 x 1

Rack lock outs:

315 x 5
365 x 3

Rear delt band pull aparts:

4 x 12

Dumbell tricep rollbacks:

4 x 10

J-Dawg
08-14-11, 4:15 pm
Armageddon -- 8.14.11

Trained arms at Retro Fitness. Heavy rain but good workout.

Close Grip Bench Press
Warmups
185 x 10
225 x 6
245 x 3
225 x 5
225 x 5

DB Crushers
5 sets x 12

V Bar Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

Cable Curls
5 sets x 12

DB Curls
4 sets x 10

Reverse Curls
5 sets x 10-12

Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

Behind The Back Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

Calf Raises
8 sets x 15-20

BigAnt
08-14-11, 7:02 pm
Armageddon -- 8.14.11

Trained arms at Retro Fitness. Heavy rain but good workout.

Close Grip Bench Press
Warmups
185 x 10
225 x 6
245 x 3
225 x 5
225 x 5

DB Crushers
5 sets x 12

V Bar Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

Cable Curls
5 sets x 12

DB Curls
4 sets x 10

Reverse Curls
5 sets x 10-12

Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

Behind The Back Wrist Curls
4 sets x 20

Calf Raises
8 sets x 15-20
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice arm workout, not many people do wrist curls/behind back wrist curls...good call!

What Retro do you train at?

On my next Sat-Sun off, we can train arms together....

J-Dawg
08-17-11, 3:40 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice arm workout, not many people do wrist curls/behind back wrist curls...good call!

What Retro do you train at?

On my next Sat-Sun off, we can train arms together....

Would be awesome to get in a session with ya BigAnt. Right now, my schedule isn't always consistent but I'm trying to get a session in on the weekends around 10:30ish at the Retro in South Jersey. Let's see what we can do!

J-Dawg
08-17-11, 3:42 pm
Shoulders -- 8.15.11

Had a nice session at the U. A bit run down but got in the work.

Seated DB Press
Warmups
50s x 12
60s x 12
70s x 10
80s x 10
90s x 4
90s x 3 (came back and hit this at the end of the workout)
All sets nice and controlled.

Side Laterals
5 sets x 10-12

Rear Laterals
5 sets x 12

DB Shrugs
4 sets x 15

J-Dawg
08-17-11, 3:44 pm
Chinese Buffet -- 8.16.11

With the NAUT and NG.

Instead of training, it was an off day so we hit up the local Chinese Buffet by work and went to town.
4 plates of various protein sources (Sushi, chicken, beef, fish) and added some aspargus and seaweed salad with each plate. T'was delicious.

J-Dawg
08-17-11, 3:46 pm
Back -- 8.17.11

Today was back with NG. We got in a nice, basic back workout.

Corner T-Bar Rows using a barbell
5 sets x 10-12

Pulldowns
5 sets x 12

One Arm DB Rows
4 sets x 10-12

LayzieBone085
08-17-11, 4:28 pm
Training with NG? where the smack talk?

J-Dawg
08-18-11, 3:39 pm
Training with NG? where the smack talk?

NG's been training hard (though where was he today?). I can't get on him that much. The NAUT on the other hand is open game... LOL.

J-Dawg
08-18-11, 3:41 pm
Squats/Quads -- 8.18.11

Trained with the might G Diesel and C.Coronato. We're all banged up and tired but we committed to the session unlike our boy NG (nowhere to be found...)

Squats
Warmups: 5 sets
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 3
315 x 5
315 x 5
Nothing crazy but still got the session in. Deep squats (past parallel) and worked on bringing the bar lower on the back.

Leg Extensions
8 sets x 12-15

LayzieBone085
08-18-11, 4:23 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ NG Comment!

J-Dawg
08-21-11, 3:15 pm
Benchapalooza -- 8.19.11

Nothing crazy for this workout. My left shoulder/upper arm forearm was bothering me as I got heavier so I stopped short b/c I didn't want to add more strain than needed.

Flat Bench
Warmups
185 x 8
225 x 5
245 x 5
245 x 5

Incline Flyes
5 sets x 12

Dips
2 sets x 12

Light band work to finish it off.

J-Dawg
08-21-11, 3:20 pm
Armageddon -- 8.20.11

Still experiencing pain on the left side of my upper arm down to forearm. Probably shouldn't have done the close grip bench but I wrapped up the arm and kept it compressed during the lift.

Close Grip Bench Press w/ Pause
Warmups
185 x 10
225 x 6
245 x 3
225 x 6

Overhead DB Tricep Press
5 sets x 10-12

V-Bar Pushdown
4 sets x 12

Cable Curls
4 sets x 15

DB Curls
5 sets x 12

Calf Raises (on machine)
6 sets x 20

J-Dawg
08-21-11, 3:25 pm
Legs -- 8.21.11

Feeling a little rundown and beat up but felt decent during squat warmups so I progressed to a heavier weight for a few sets.

Squats (all below parallel)
Warmups
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 3
335 x 3
365 x 3 (PR for reps--had only ever attempted 2 reps with this weight)
385 x 2 (PR for reps--had only ever attempted 1 rep with this weight)

Deads
Went lighter with deads b/c my arm was really bothering me as I got heavier. Felt like it's strained so I didn't push too much.
Warmups
225 x 8
315 x 6
315 x 6
365 x 5
365 x 5

Lower Back Extensions
4 sets x 12

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12-15

Leg Curls
5 sets x 12-15

Leg Raises
4 sets x 15

LayzieBone085
08-21-11, 7:55 pm
Maybe time for a deload J?

J-Dawg
08-22-11, 9:55 am
Maybe time for a deload J?

I'll deload in the grave! Haha, jk.

I have to just put less pressure on my forearm/shoulder when squatting and benching. Some rest or light training on bench/shoulders/arms might help too.

J-Dawg
08-22-11, 4:37 pm
Shoulders -- 8.22.11

Trained with G and NG.

Behind the Neck Presses
Warmups
115 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 8
155 x 8

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10-12

Rear Laterals
4 sets x 12

Mr. Dead
08-22-11, 4:43 pm
Shoulders -- 8.22.11

Trained with G and NG.

Behind the Neck Presses
Warmups
115 x 10
135 x 8
155 x 8
155 x 8

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10-12

Rear Laterals
4 sets x 12

Nice session...!!!

LayzieBone085
08-23-11, 7:46 am
Sick and SImple!

Mr. Dead
08-24-11, 3:08 pm
Hmmm... I guess this is a bonus "I'm going to get my butt handed to me, by the Crypt Keepers" thread... 2 victims, for the price of one...

J-Dawg
08-24-11, 4:07 pm
Hmmm... I guess this is a bonus "I'm going to get my butt handed to me, by the Crypt Keepers" thread... 2 victims, for the price of one...

Looks like you picked a pretty solid team though MD. Based on predicted points, we're predicting you to take the league title...

NAUT

J-Dawg
08-24-11, 4:10 pm
Back -- 8.24.11

Trained with NG, G and even the NAUT stopped in for some deads.

Pulldowns
6 sets x 12

Cable Rows
5 sets x 10

Deads (no belt)
Warmups
225 x 8
275 x 3
325 x 3
385 x 3
435 x 2

Mr. Dead
08-24-11, 4:21 pm
Looks like you picked a pretty solid team though MD. Based on predicted points, we're predicting you to take the league title...

NAUT
I'm a pro football junkie... So is my wife... She's actually in another league... And, a major Raider fan...

J-Dawg
08-24-11, 4:51 pm
I'm a pro football junkie... So is my wife... She's actually in another league... And, a major Raider fan...

Our league is definitely going to be an interesting one. Lots of stacked teams. It all depends on if the guys live up to their numbers and if they stay healthy. I'm in another league where we have 14 teams and it's going to be really tough to win. I had the first pick and took Michael Vick in that one. Not sure if the move will pan out.

Here's my team in that league:
QB
Michael Vick
WR
Vincent Jackson
WR
Anquan Boldin
WR
Lance Moore
RB
DeAngelo Williams
RB
Knowshon Moreno
TE
Dustin Keller
K
Nick Folk
DEF
Cleveland

BENCH
BN
Roy Williams
(Chi - WR)
BN
Mike Tolbert
(SD - RB)
BN
Donovan McNabb
(Min - QB)
BN
Tim Hightower
(Was - RB)
BN
Joseph Addai
(Ind - RB)
BN
Dexter McCluster
(KC - WR,RB)

There's basically no one to pick up at this point, lol. Gotta hope I scored some sleeper picks b/c I lost out on the top tier running backs.

LayzieBone085
08-24-11, 7:01 pm
Cleveland Defense? Son you messed up.

J-Dawg
08-24-11, 8:11 pm
Cleveland Defense? Son you messed up.

For this league, I'm looking at Defense as interchangeable b/c there weren't many left by the time I picked. So it'll have to be best available for that week. Check who Cleveland is playing first week--Cincinnati. For week 1, that was my best option LB.

naturalguy
08-25-11, 8:12 am
For this league, I'm looking at Defense as interchangeable b/c there weren't many left by the time I picked. So it'll have to be best available for that week. Check who Cleveland is playing first week--Cincinnati. For week 1, that was my best option LB.

That could be your weakness and down fall

LayzieBone085
08-25-11, 2:35 pm

Agree. he messed up.. J E T S JETS JETS JETS!

naturalguy
08-25-11, 2:37 pm

I took the JETS defense

Mr. Dead
08-25-11, 2:47 pm
I took the JETS defense

I took a gamble, with the Eagles... Almost went for Green Bay...

J-Dawg
08-25-11, 7:21 pm

We'll see. I think I have 10 teams left to choose from each week. Just gotta go with the best available.

We'll see about those Jets, haha.

I took a gamble, with the Eagles... Almost went for Green Bay...

Green Bay would have been the one to get. Eagles are definitely a gamble but it could pan out for ya.

J-Dawg
08-25-11, 7:27 pm
Squatpocalypse -- 8.25.11

Trained solo today at Retro Fitness. Felt tired but I have to train consistently to get my weights up.

Squats
Warmups
225 x 8
315 x 3
335 x 3
365 x 3
385 x 2
Hesitant to go heavier b/c I have to walk the weight out without support and have no spotter. Feeling more confident with my form though. Hitting the reps below parallel without issue. My goal is to be able to hit 405 comfortably without the need of any spotter around. Gonna work on 395 next week.

Leg Press
5 sets up to 8pps (last 2 sets were with 8pps x 8--deep reps to work on hip strength).

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12

Leg Curls
5 sets x 12

All done within 55min

naturalguy
08-26-11, 6:36 pm
I haven't updated in a while but today is a good day to get back to it.

I hit a new bench PR!

I trained at Skiba's under the watchful eye of Henri. He had me do some different things like benching with a buffalo bar which is thicker, heavier and curved compared to a regular bar.

Buffalo bar benching:

250 x 3

295 x 3

305 x 3

Then we stripped off the buffalo bar and went to a regular competition bar:

335 x 1 new PR

It's always a good day when you hit a PR

Accessory work: lat pulldowns, rear delt band pull aparts, rope tricep extensions, hammer curls

Thanks Henri! I probably wouldn't have attempted it without him, he said "let's go for it" so we did

Bring on the hurricane!

LayzieBone085
08-26-11, 8:22 pm
Huge congrats on the new PR!

J-Dawg
08-26-11, 8:48 pm
Great job on the PR NG. I see you're putting the ribcage to use!

J-Dawg
08-26-11, 8:51 pm
Benchapalooza -- 8.26.11

Trained solo today at Retro.

Flat Bench
Warmups
185 x 8
225 x 6
245 x 5
255 x 3
Slower on the negative, paused and then exploded up.

Incline Hammer Strength
2pps x 12
3pps x 10
4pps x 5
4pps x 5
Slow, controlled reps (no bouncing).

Decline Hammer Strength
2pps x 12
3pps x 8
3pps x 8

DB Flyes
3 sets x 12

Calves
Calf Machine Press
6 x 20

U Mad Brah?
08-29-11, 10:50 am
some weaksauce training brahs?

Aggression
08-29-11, 11:42 am

with a side of weak sizzurp

LayzieBone085
08-29-11, 4:35 pm

NG and J hes calling you out!

J-Dawg
08-29-11, 5:28 pm

with a side of weak sizzurp

NG and J hes calling you out!

Notsureifsrs.jpg

J-Dawg
08-29-11, 5:30 pm
Shoulders -- 8.29.11

Trained some delts with NG.

Standing BB Press
Warmups
105 x 12
135 x 10
165 x 2
185 (my bodyweight) x 5 *ties a PR for Standing BB Press*

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10-12

Rear Laterals
4 sets x 12

Band work.

J-Dawg
08-31-11, 4:02 pm
Squatpocalypse -- 8.31.11

Trained with Aggression. Nice and simple workout. The goal is to handle heavier weight with good form on squats.

Squats
Warmups
225 x 5
295 x 3
345 x 2
385 x 1
405 x 1
405 x 1

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12

Some video of the two sets with 405:
Set 1: http://youtu.be/kRo1YQDg9Mk
Set 2: http://youtu.be/mx5PLI9DwO8

Solid Dreams
08-31-11, 4:15 pm
Nice! You did really good on that first one, man.

Also watched that deadlift, you did that shit easy. Cant wait to get up to your level!

Aggression
08-31-11, 4:24 pm
J-DAWG putting in some serious work!

Mr. Dead
08-31-11, 4:26 pm
NG Vs. J-Dawg at the Arnold...???

LayzieBone085
08-31-11, 4:39 pm

I want to be here for this!!!!! Loser buys in and out (or whatever the best joint is to eat) only thing i know is that mongolian BD's at the Arnold FTMFW

naturalguy
08-31-11, 4:46 pm
Squatpocalypse -- 8.31.11

Trained with Aggression. Nice and simple workout. The goal is to handle heavier weight with good form on squats.

Squats
Warmups
225 x 5
295 x 3
345 x 2
385 x 1
405 x 1
405 x 1

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12

Some video of the two sets with 405:
Set 1: http://youtu.be/kRo1YQDg9Mk
Set 2: http://youtu.be/mx5PLI9DwO8

Boom - nice job on the PR

He doesn't want a piece of me

I want to be here for this!!!!! Loser buys in and out (or whatever the best joint is to eat) only thing i know is that mongolian BD's at the Arnold FTMFW

In n Out is THE place, can't wait to hit it up

Mr. Dead
08-31-11, 4:47 pm

In n Out is THE place, can't wait to hit it up

Hmmm... And, sadly... I've never been to In-n-Out... But, I'd probably order mine "Protein Style"...

J-Dawg
08-31-11, 4:56 pm
Nice! You did really good on that first one, man.

Also watched that deadlift, you did that shit easy. Cant wait to get up to your level!

Thanks SD! Trying to get stronger on the main lifts. We're all trying to move up a level!

J-DAWG putting in some serious work!

Thanks A!

I told him I'm game for it! Does he have what it takes to step into the ring?

I love it LB! We have to find some good eats out in LV for sure.

Boom - nice job on the PR

Thanks NG.

I want a piece of ya (no ****)

Hmmm... And, sadly... I've never been to In-n-Out... But, I'd probably order mine "Protein Style"...

In N Out is the shizznit. Only been there the past two years during the Olympia weekend.

LayzieBone085
08-31-11, 8:18 pm
Deadman I have never been to In and Out Either don't feel bad.

NG and J -- you guys want to hit a workout Thursday? I get into vegas at 11 and have the whole day since the expo is friday/saturday. Lemme know if you wanna tag up and get a meal. I should be free until Friday/Saturday when i have to work the Scivation booth.

J-Dawg
09-07-11, 4:42 pm
Deadman I have never been to In and Out Either don't feel bad.

NG and J -- you guys want to hit a workout Thursday? I get into vegas at 11 and have the whole day since the expo is friday/saturday. Lemme know if you wanna tag up and get a meal. I should be free until Friday/Saturday when i have to work the Scivation booth.

We'll let you know LB. We're still figuring out what to do that Thursday b/c we have to set up the booth first.

LayzieBone085
09-07-11, 8:06 pm
We'll let you know LB. We're still figuring out what to do that Thursday b/c we have to set up the booth first.

I have to set up the booth too on Thursday. I say we just roll right after. I talked to NG and he said In n Out (which I never been to) and a training session after you guys are done.

Don't know how far it is from my hotel, but where do you guys usually train? I am staying at Hilton Grand Vacation Suites on the Strip.

J-Dawg
09-08-11, 3:29 pm
I have to set up the booth too on Thursday. I say we just roll right after. I talked to NG and he said In n Out (which I never been to) and a training session after you guys are done.

Don't know how far it is from my hotel, but where do you guys usually train? I am staying at Hilton Grand Vacation Suites on the Strip.

We usually hit up Gold's Gym when we're in LV:
Las Vegas (east) 0246
3750 E. Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89121

We'll be staying at the Las Vegas Hilton which is close to where the expo center is. We can see how it is once we get in and then decide what to hit up.

J-Dawg
09-08-11, 3:33 pm
Been hit with food poisoning since last Sat. night so my training is off but got back into it the last few days. My appetite has been slow to recover but today it's coming around. Starting to feel better and my energy levels are coming up to par. My goal is to train light and get a pump these next few days before hitting it hard again. I guess I can look at it as a forced de-load.

Back
Supersets of:
Pulldowns
5 sets x 12

Low Cable Rows
5 sets x 10

BB Rows
4 sets with 135 x 10

Calves
8 sets of Calf Raises w/ 135

Abs
8 sets of Crunches x 12

J-Dawg
09-08-11, 3:35 pm
9.8.11 -- Legs

Another light session to get a pump so my muscles will be acclimated for heavier lifting in the coming days.

Squats
6 sets x 135 x 10

Leg Extensions
6 sets x 12

Leg Curls
3 sets x 50 total reps

LayzieBone085
09-08-11, 3:56 pm
We usually hit up Gold's Gym when we're in LV:
Las Vegas (east) 0246
3750 E. Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89121

We'll be staying at the Las Vegas Hilton which is close to where the expo center is. We can see how it is once we get in and then decide what to hit up.

Yeah I dont know how far that is or how I would get back after the lift/dinner.. That would be my only downfall.

how far is the golds from the expo?

naturalguy
09-08-11, 4:45 pm
Yeah I dont know how far that is or how I would get back after the lift/dinner.. That would be my only downfall.

Everything is a taxi ride in Vegas Bob, you will be taking taxi's everywhere. The gym is probably 15 minutes from the expo, our hotel is connected to the expo although it is a LONG walk to our rooms.

Enforcer
09-08-11, 4:52 pm
9.8.11 -- Legs

Another light session to get a pump so my muscles will be acclimated for heavier lifting in the coming days.

Squats
6 sets x 135 x 10

Leg Extensions
6 sets x 12

Leg Curls
3 sets x 50 total reps

Liking the workout J, three basic leg movements that all get the job done. Lookin forward to reading your upcoming workouts with the heavier training

LayzieBone085
09-08-11, 8:37 pm
Everything is a taxi ride in Vegas Bob, you will be taking taxi's everywhere. The gym is probably 15 minutes from the expo, our hotel is connected to the expo although it is a LONG walk to our rooms.

Damn. Looks like I am going to be broke since I cannot work until I am done with my student teaching experience! My bank account hates me!

J-Dawg
09-09-11, 3:32 pm
Liking the workout J, three basic leg movements that all get the job done. Lookin forward to reading your upcoming workouts with the heavier training

Thanks E. That workout ain't nothing to write home about. Looking forward to the next few weeks as I start training heavier again.

J-Dawg
09-09-11, 3:34 pm

Yep. With Vegas, it's all about the taxi. Only way to get around smoothly!

J-Dawg
09-09-11, 3:43 pm
Benchapalooza -- 9.9.11

Nothing crazy today. Gaining some strength back after my 5 day bout with food born illness.

Flat Bench
Warmups
185 x 8
225 x 5
225 x 8
225 x 6
225 x 5
225 x 5

Superset of:
Incline DB Flyes
w/
Dips
4 sets x 12+

Did 10 sets of light DB Curls in between sets to make up for not hitting bi's earlier in the week due to sickness. This will prime my system for arms in a few days.

LayzieBone085
09-09-11, 4:16 pm
Well I will be setting up the Scivation Booth on Thursday all during the day. I will stop over and we will keep in touch about plans. Hope we can work something out, if not we will be seeing each other all Expo. Will be an honor to see you and NG again. The smack talk is the best part!

scals
09-09-11, 4:32 pm
I will see you fellas in a couple days!!!

J-Dawg
09-09-11, 5:12 pm
Well I will be setting up the Scivation Booth on Thursday all during the day. I will stop over and we will keep in touch about plans. Hope we can work something out, if not we will be seeing each other all Expo. Will be an honor to see you and NG again. The smack talk is the best part!

Can't wait to see ya LB. We'll have lots of smack talk throughout the event, lol.

I will see you fellas in a couple days!!!

Can't wait to see you too scals!

J-Dawg
09-10-11, 12:52 pm
Arms -- 9.10.11

Trained at Retro. First session in a week that I was close to 100%.

Overhead Tricep Presses
5 sets x 12

Rope Pushdowns
5 sets x 12

One Arm Reverse Tricep Pushdown
4 sets x 12

Preacher Curls
5 sets x 12

Reverse Preacher Curls
3 sets x 12

Rope Curls
5 sets x 12

Wrist Curls
5 sets x 15

Reverse Wrist Curls
5 sets x 15

Seated Calf Raises
12 sets x 15-20

Decline Crunches
5 sets x 15

J-Dawg
09-13-11, 4:25 pm
Legs -- 9.11.11

Reflect. Remember. Respect.

Squats
Warmups
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 2
385 x 1
385 x 1
225 x 20

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 12

Leg Curls
5 sets x 12

LayzieBone085
09-13-11, 4:30 pm
Whats on tap for the Olympia lifting wise? See you Thursday setting up the booth!

J-Dawg
09-13-11, 4:50 pm
Shoulders -- 9.12.11

Short, but efficient shoulder workout on Monday.

DB Shoulder Presses
Warmups x 5 sets
5 sets of 70s x 20, 15, 15, 15, 12

Side Laterals
5 sets x 12

J-Dawg
09-13-11, 5:21 pm
Back -- 9.13.11

Trained back with G and NG.

Pulldowns
Warmups

Pullups
4 sets x 12, 10, 10, 8

BB Rows (underhand)
135 x 12
185 x 10
205 x 10
225 x 8

DB Pullovers
4 sets x 12

DB Rows on Incline Bench
4 sets x 12

J-Dawg
09-13-11, 5:22 pm
Whats on tap for the Olympia lifting wise? See you Thursday setting up the booth!

Right now, I'm down for some arms on Thursday. See you there LB!

LayzieBone085
09-20-11, 4:38 pm
Good to see you both this weekend!

scals
09-20-11, 9:45 pm
Great to see you guys this weekend. Awesome arm workout Thursday, J!

J-Dawg
09-23-11, 4:01 pm
Good to see you both this weekend!

Great to see you guys this weekend. Awesome arm workout Thursday, J!

Great seeing you guys this weekend too!

Had an awesome arm workout with scals and an tremendous chest workout with Chase and B.Rowe out at the O.

J-Dawg
09-23-11, 4:03 pm
Time to catch up on a few workouts...

Shoulders 9.20.11
Went through a light shoulder workout b/c I was run down this week post-Olympia
DB Press
5 sets x 12

Front Raises
4 sets x 12

Rear Laterals
4 sets x 12

Side Laterals
2 sets x 15

J-Dawg
09-23-11, 4:05 pm
Arms--9.21.11

Simple and quick arm pump...

21s (Bi's)
6 sets x 21

Seated Overhead DBs (Tri's)
6 sets x 12-15

Calf Raises
10 sets x 20

J-Dawg
09-23-11, 4:09 pm

Anabolic nap during lunch ftw.

J-Dawg
09-23-11, 4:11 pm
Benchapalooza--9.23.11

Flat Bench
Warmups
195 x 8
225 x 8
255 x 2
225 x 6

DB Flyes
4 sets x 12

Incline DBs
90s x 10
90s x 10

Dips
1 set to failure

Aggression
09-23-11, 4:22 pm

YES

Jay
10-04-11, 1:44 am

LOL. Nice!

J-Dawg
10-04-11, 10:44 am
Some missing workouts...

10.1.11--Legs with Big Ant

Leg Extensions
4 sets total x 12

Power Squats
4 sets total x 10

One Legged Leg Press
4 sets total x 10

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets x 10

Walking Lunges (with DB)
2 sets

Pushing Prowler
2 sets

Overall, I had a really great workout with Big Ant. It was a deviation from my typical powerlifting protocol but I really enjoyed the reps and exercises Big Ant picked up. I noticed a weakness in my hamstrings and will start to focus on building strength in them.

J-Dawg
10-04-11, 10:59 am
10.2.11--Deadlifts and Arms

Deads
Warmups
225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 5
405 x 3

Preacher Curls
4 sets x 12

Skull Crushers
4 sets x 12

Hammer Curls
4 sets x 10

DB Kickbacks
4 sets x 12

Cable Curls
4 sets x 12

Tricep Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

Calves
Calf Machine
5 sets x failure

J-Dawg
10-04-11, 11:02 am
Shoulders--10.3.11

Shoulders with NG.

Standing BB Press
Warmups
135 x 8
150 x 6
170 x 9.5 (wanted 10 but my shoulders gave out on rep 10 before i could push it back up)

Side Laterals
4 sets x 12

Rear Delts
4 sets x 12

Abs
4 sets leg raises
4 sets crunches

J-Dawg
10-04-11, 11:03 am
Here's a little writeup about the Charity Plane Pull for Special Olympics we did this past Saturday: http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/J-Dawg/Blog/Charity-Plane-Pull-Pulling-for-a-Good-Cause?ref=1837

LayzieBone085
10-04-11, 4:37 pm
Good shit in here!

scals
10-04-11, 7:26 pm
Some good looking post Olympia workouts J!