10 sets x 15-20

Abs
Leg Raises
4 sets x 15

Crunches
4 sets x 15

Altered Beast
08-06-12, 12:09 pm
I've learned that I need to stretch and warm up better first before training! I learned it from getting hurt and watching the NAUT and others get hurt over and over and realized some things that were lacking in the game plan esp. with flexibility and approaching each workout with the correct approach. Sure injuries will happen but I think they can be better prevented with a more thorough warmup/cool process amongst other things.

Some keys to prevent injury and stay healthy (my own philosphy after getting hurt and watching others get hurt):
--warm up thoroughly every workout
--cool down thoroughly every workout
--progress slowly at first when starting something new (exercises/sprints/etc)
--train smarter (think about where you've made mistakes and improve where you need to)
--stretch in between exercises
--don't lift heavy weights right away after taking time off
--wear appropriate attire when training
--be focused when training (don't get distracted)
--work through injuries--you hurt yourself working out, you will heal your body working out lightly
--don't take time a long time off--you need circulation and blood flow to recover.
--keep your diet relatively clean--don't put on a ton of excess bodyfat to stress the joints
--make an effort to get better--excuses will not help you recover

Find what works! Band mobility and band stretching work wonders for me personally, pre-workout of course.

I'm liking the training!

J-Dawg
08-06-12, 3:21 pm
Find what works! Band mobility and band stretching work wonders for me personally, pre-workout of course.

I'm liking the training!

Yep--gotta find what works so that you can prevent injuries! The band stretching is definitely helping too (even use it in between different exercises.

Jay
08-06-12, 3:29 pm
Yep--gotta find what works so that you can prevent injuries! The band stretching is definitely helping too (even use it in between different exercises.

Great info J! Ive been working around a shoulder issue ( not a tear) and have already figured out what is causing the issue and how i can train around it, prevent it,etc

Polk17
08-06-12, 3:36 pm
Solid work and real talk in here... Do y'all have a meet picked out or are you in offseason mode?

J-Dawg
08-06-12, 3:41 pm

Arms @ the U HQ with Aggression and NG frolicking in the background and the NAUT playing it "safe". G Diesel and TDirty hit it hard after us. I felt tired and under the weather but I can't sit back unless I'm severely sick. Sure, I wanted to take a nap b/c it's not ideal training conditions but mentally you have to push yourself.

Warmups/stretching

Close Grip Bench
Warmups
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 3
245 x 2
245 x 3
245 x 3

DB Skull Crushers
4 sets x 10

DB Curls
5 sets x 8-10

Tricep Kickbacks
4 sets x 10

Hammer Curls
4 sets x 10

Tricep Pushdowns
3 sets x 12

DB Curls
1 large dropset

J-Dawg
08-06-12, 3:45 pm
Great info J! Ive been working around a shoulder issue ( not a tear) and have already figured out what is causing the issue and how i can train around it, prevent it,etc

Thanks J. Yeah, working around injuries was the best advice I'd ever been giving. Whenever I've had injuries, even painful ones, I found that working through it helped me heal so much faster than sitting around. The key is trying to find a way to keep the muscles active and not make it worse!

Solid work and real talk in here... Do y'all have a meet picked out or are you in offseason mode?

Thanks for checking in Polk--Currently doing a hybrid of bodybuilding/powerlifting training but targeting a meet in January! I love powerlifting but I also love bodybuilding style training. I'll look to switch up to more powerlifting come fall time (sept/oct).

I see you and your training partner are hitting one in late October?

LayzieBone085
08-06-12, 4:15 pm
Good time at the ABC?

Polk17
08-06-12, 5:10 pm
Thanks for checking in Polk--Currently doing a hybrid of bodybuilding/powerlifting training but targeting a meet in January! I love powerlifting but I also love bodybuilding style training. I'll look to switch up to more powerlifting come fall time (sept/oct).

I see you and your training partner are hitting one in late October?

Makes a lot of sense, I read a book and the guy stresses to use your Offseason to get bigger, a bigger you has a higher strength ceiling... Bigger you = stronger you... Plus you give your tendons and shit a break...

Ya man, I did one last year, the same one, and he hasn't competed yet... We train together at his gym, about 30 minutes from me, and in my Garage Gym... Looking for a few big totals...

Enforcer
08-06-12, 5:20 pm
J and NG are still killing it on the regular, two guys that I have the upmost respect for. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon

Aggression
08-06-12, 5:25 pm
Arms @ the U HQ with Aggression and NG frolicking in the background and the NAUT playing it "safe".

lol. I originally wrote 'trained w/ NG while J-Dawg wandered around without a purpose' but I decided to be nice and remove it. Then I see this, lol. Well played.

G Diesel
08-06-12, 5:31 pm
I always feel a wake up call and reminder when I hear of the loss of someone I knew (esp at young age). It makes you realize how short life is and that you should not take what you've been given for granted. You could potentially leave this earth at anytime, you just never know. Training hard is one part but also live a good life, be a good person, spend time with family and do your best to make those around you better vs. just yourself. Take some time to appreciate what you have vs. always desiring more b/c you can't take those material things with ya. Stop getting lost with all the trivial and menial stuff that bombards our daily lives--we see that shit all the time--Nonsense on facebook, forums, work, etc and just step up and apply ourselves in those areas we've been putting off for so long now or never even started. Why be remembered as someone you'd really rather not. Let's cut down the false images that we often portray to others and just work harder everyday to be better, stronger, smarter, but also kinder, more appreciative and take care of those around you. You never know when your time will come.

This is a great post, J... And so very true.

Just wanted you to know that I read it, appreciate it and can relate sincerely.

Peace, G

GUNS
08-06-12, 6:15 pm
I always feel a wake up call and reminder when I hear of the loss of someone I knew (esp at young age). It makes you realize how short life is and that you should not take what you've been given for granted. You could potentially leave this earth at anytime, you just never know. Training hard is one part but also live a good life, be a good person, spend time with family and do your best to make those around you better vs. just yourself. Take some time to appreciate what you have vs. always desiring more b/c you can't take those material things with ya. Stop getting lost with all the trivial and menial stuff that bombards our daily lives--we see that shit all the time--Nonsense on facebook, forums, work, etc and just step up and apply ourselves in those areas we've been putting off for so long now or never even started. Why be remembered as someone you'd really rather not. Let's cut down the false images that we often portray to others and just work harder everyday to be better, stronger, smarter, but also kinder, more appreciative and take care of those around you. You never know when your time will come.

This post needs to be put in the "what happened to the forvm" thread. Being military, and missing so much, I really feel you on this. All the little things have so much more meaning. To be great at all the little things so many people take for granted!

mritter3
08-06-12, 7:33 pm

So very true J, great write up man!

J-Dawg
08-07-12, 9:53 am
Good time at the ABC?

Didn't make it out to it but NG and the others said it was an awesome time. They posted some pics here:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?39243-NJ-ABC-Jersey-Shore-Fitness-8-4-12

Makes a lot of sense, I read a book and the guy stresses to use your Offseason to get bigger, a bigger you has a higher strength ceiling... Bigger you = stronger you... Plus you give your tendons and shit a break...

Ya man, I did one last year, the same one, and he hasn't competed yet... We train together at his gym, about 30 minutes from me, and in my Garage Gym... Looking for a few big totals...

I like that philosophy too! With powerlifting (at least for me) I get burnt out after 3-4 months of heavy lifts. So I really enjoy the summer where I can focus on lifting heavy but also for a good pump.

Garage gym? Man, that's pretty awesome to have your own space near you to hit some lifts (in addition to a regular gym). I'll be check in on both of your logs to see how you progress for your upcoming meet too.

J and NG are still killing it on the regular, two guys that I have the upmost respect for. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon

Thanks big E. Looking forward to seeing you on your big day Friday.

lol. I originally wrote 'trained w/ NG while J-Dawg wandered around without a purpose' but I decided to be nice and remove it. Then I see this, lol. Well played.

Haha, yesterday had some interesting energy in the gym. Here is why I put frollicking--
Frolic:
1. Gaiety; merriment: fun and frolic.
2. A gay, carefree time.
3. A playful antic.
intr.v. frolˇicked, frolˇickˇing, frolˇics
1. To behave playfully and uninhibitedly; romp.
2. To engage in merrymaking, joking, or teasing.

This is a great post, J... And so very true.

Just wanted you to know that I read it, appreciate it and can relate sincerely.

Peace, G

Thanks G. Appreciate you reading it. Just doing my best to better understand those around us and the daily struggles that we all face at varying levels and times on our lives. We can't control much but what we can control is how we react to situations and how we treat our loved ones. Daily reminders are always a good thing for me b/c we can't get back lost time.

This post needs to be put in the "what happened to the forvm" thread. Being military, and missing so much, I really feel you on this. All the little things have so much more meaning. To be great at all the little things so many people take for granted!

I can feel what you are saying GUNS. Those little things do matter so much. Here's a question that makes you think--"What things in my life have I considered 'little' only to find out later they mattered a great deal?" When I think about that question, it makes me look deeper at things we may be taking for granted, but without, would make life an even bigger struggle.

So very true J, great write up man!

Thanks M. I need to remind myself that all of us struggle on a daily basis but to try and make the most out of our struggles is key, esp. appreciating the little moments and good that happens around us vs. focusing on the negative.

GUNS
08-07-12, 3:39 pm
J, Man, I missed so much. To me, those things are all about my kids. You miss the first birtday and it's like, "well its only one and they are too young to know it". Then you miss another and another. Looking back, I fucking hate the fact that I missed even one. They are all grown up now and I will never get those back.

On a lighter note, just putting your feet in the grass, and then going to the desert for 2 years. I have walked outside barefoot numerous times, every day since I have been back. I really dont know about civilian life, but for us military folks, man it is so much, too much to even write about.

LayzieBone085
08-07-12, 3:55 pm
Knowledge
Power
and people practicing what they preach

Ladies and Gentleman UNIVERSAL at their finest.

J-Dawg
08-07-12, 4:04 pm
J, Man, I missed so much. To me, those things are all about my kids. You miss the first birtday and it's like, "well its only one and they are too young to know it". Then you miss another and another. Looking back, I fucking hate the fact that I missed even one. They are all grown up now and I will never get those back.

On a lighter note, just putting your feet in the grass, and then going to the desert for 2 years. I have walked outside barefoot numerous times, every day since I have been back. I really dont know about civilian life, but for us military folks, man it is so much, too much to even write about.

GUNS--I'm sure your kids/wife are so proud of you for what you've accomplished, what you've sacrificed for your country and what have done for them even if you couldn't be there all the time. I've got nothing but the utmost respect for your service to our country. Glad to hear you're back stateside and with family/friends. I can only imagine what you've seen and lived through overseas while serving. And while we all come might come from various paths and journey's on the road of life, at least we can all learn from each other and our different experiences in life!

J-Dawg
08-07-12, 4:11 pm
Knowledge
Power
and people practicing what they preach

Ladies and Gentleman UNIVERSAL at their finest.

Just trying to do our best day after day!

GUNS
08-07-12, 10:02 pm
GUNS--I'm sure your kids/wife are so proud of you for what you've accomplished, what you've sacrificed for your country and what have done for them even if you couldn't be there all the time. I've got nothing but the utmost respect for your service to our country. Glad to hear you're back stateside and with family/friends. I can only imagine what you've seen and lived through overseas while serving. And while we all come might come from various paths and journey's on the road of life, at least we can all learn from each other and our different experiences in life!

Thanks J! Agree, we all have things to learn, no matter how old we get!

J-Dawg
08-10-12, 12:20 pm

Quad Day. Didn't feel close to 100% but got in a workout.

Squats
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3

Box Squats (for speed)
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
225 x 8

Leg Press Machine
4 sets x 12

Leg Extensions
4 sets x 12

Felt drained but hit some decent sets overall.

LayzieBone085
08-10-12, 12:30 pm
365 is legit J

Kowboy
08-10-12, 1:25 pm
365 is no joke to me, I just hit 315 x 2 lol. I had a shit day yesterday, got it done but just felt totally out of it.

J-Dawg
08-10-12, 3:29 pm
365 is legit J

365 is no joke to me, I just hit 315 x 2 lol. I had a shit day yesterday, got it done but just felt totally out of it.

Thanks fellas! But I really need to step up my game come fall when I start powerlifting prep. Come January I have to prove to myself that I can progress much further than the previous year's meet.

J-Dawg
08-10-12, 3:33 pm

Benchapalooza at the U HQ with NG and Aggression

Stretching + light band work

Floor Presses
Warmups
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 3
255 x 3
275 x 1
285 x 1

DB Presses
60s x 10
100s x 8
120s x 3

Dips
4 sets x 10+

GUNS
08-10-12, 3:44 pm
Love me some good floor presses! Good job J!

scals
08-11-12, 1:01 pm
Looking strong on those floor presses J!

LayzieBone085
08-11-12, 4:13 pm
Solid Crew!

Kowboy
08-11-12, 5:17 pm
Thanks fellas! But I really need to step up my game come fall when I start powerlifting prep. Come January I have to prove to myself that I can progress much further than the previous year's meet.

No doubt you will man, already strong as a bear.

J-Dawg
08-13-12, 9:00 am
Love me some good floor presses! Good job J!

Starting off with floor presses was different but I liked it!

Looking strong on those floor presses J!

Thanks scals--trying to use different methods to get my overall bench up.

No doubt you will man, already strong as a bear.

Appreciate that! Now it's all about keeping the right focus for the next 5months in order to get the job done!

J-Dawg
08-13-12, 9:11 am

Lower back and hamstrings. Did something a little crazier than normal for this workout by hitting ~85% 1RM for 12 sets of 1 with 45sec rest in between each rep. CNS is fried but did it for the mental aspect.

Stretching/foam rolling

Conventional Deads
warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
455 x 1 x 12sets (45sec rest)

Leg Curls (Seated)
4 sets x 12

Leg Curls (Lying)
4 sets x 12

Glute Machine Kickbacks
4 sets x 12

Leg Raises
5 sets x 12+

Ab Machine
5 sets x 12+

Decline Crunches
4 sets x 15+

Polk17
08-13-12, 9:28 am
I did this Friday, just gotta get in the mindset, turn it on, and go get it...

Kowboy
08-13-12, 9:57 am

Lower back and hamstrings. Did something a little crazier than normal for this workout by hitting ~85% 1RM for 12 sets of 1 with 45sec rest in between each rep. CNS is fried but did it for the mental aspect.

Stretching/foam rolling

Conventional Deads
warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3

Leg Curls (Seated)
4 sets x 12

Leg Curls (Lying)
4 sets x 12

Glute Machine Kickbacks
4 sets x 12

Leg Raises
5 sets x 12+

Ab Machine
5 sets x 12+

Decline Crunches
4 sets x 15+

I like the idea of 45 sec rest for 1 rep @ 85%, I may do that for deads this week.

J-Dawg
08-13-12, 3:24 pm
I did this Friday, just gotta get in the mindset, turn it on, and go get it...

Yes! No matter how your day was, your week was, etc., once in the gym we must always devote our full attention and effort to our goals. And even on your worst of days, you can still pull out a good workout when the mind is focused in the gym.

I like the idea of 45 sec rest for 1 rep @ 85%, I may do that for deads this week.

Be prepared to be extra sore for days after, haha. I will be cuttting back slightly on body parts like arms and shoulders so that I can hammer out more intense powerlifting sessions throughout the week.

J-Dawg
08-13-12, 3:27 pm

Arms at the U HQ with NG.

Close Grip Bench Press
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 5
225 x 3
255 x 2
225 x 5

DB Curls
4 sets x 10

Wide Bar Pushdowns
4 sets x 10

Hammer Curls
4 sets x 10

DB Kickbacks
3 sets x 12

Fat Gripz Reverse BB Curls
3 sets x 12

LayzieBone085
08-13-12, 3:52 pm
I see how it is.. NG posts on bb.com and J-Dawg posts here.. I get it now.

J-Dawg
08-13-12, 4:07 pm
I see how it is.. NG posts on bb.com and J-Dawg posts here.. I get it now.

The FORVM is too hardcore for him.

Mr. Dead
08-13-12, 4:13 pm
He has a major fear of getting Rustled, here on the FORVM.

*Fixed*

G Diesel
08-13-12, 4:26 pm

Stretching/foam rolling

Conventional Deads
warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3

Leg Curls (Seated)
4 sets x 12

Leg Curls (Lying)
4 sets x 12

Glute Machine Kickbacks
4 sets x 12

Leg Raises
5 sets x 12+

Ab Machine
5 sets x 12+

Decline Crunches
4 sets x 15+

That is a serious bout with the weights, J. Thorough and intense. Great stuff man.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
08-14-12, 2:11 pm
*Fixed*

Haha, that is correct!

That is a serious bout with the weights, J. Thorough and intense. Great stuff man.

Peace, G

Thanks big G. I'm still feeling that workout today, haha. I plan on doing something similar for bench press and squats in the coming weeks.

J-Dawg
08-14-12, 4:29 pm

Shoulders at the U HQ with Aggression. Lighter session to refuel and reload.

Warmup/foam rolling

Seated DB Presses
40s x 10
50s x 10
60s x 10
70s x 10

DB Upright Row Side Lateral Hybrid
3 sets x 10

DB Side Laterals
3 sets x 10

Band Rear Laterals
4 sets x 10

Rotator Cuff Work
6 sets total

Abs
6 sets total

J-Dawg
08-15-12, 4:51 pm

Back at the U NQ with NG in attendance doing DE work.

A mostly wide grip session for a change of pace.

Warmups - stretching + bands

Pulldowns
3 light sets to get blood pumping

Pullups (wide grip)
4 sets x 10, 10, 8, 8

BB Rows (wide grip)
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 8
225 x 8

Low Cable Rows (Wide Grip)
4 sets x 10

Close Grip Cable Rows
3 sets x 10

Calf Raises
6 sets of weighted standing calf raises on 45lb plate

Aggression
08-15-12, 5:08 pm
no deadlifts = no workout

GUNS
08-15-12, 6:12 pm
no deadlifts = no workoutHahaha!

J-Dawg
08-16-12, 3:31 pm
Here is the deadlift work--been training 'em separately from upper back b/c I need the rest and recovery time after those sessions.

Stretching/foam rolling

Conventional Deads
warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3

Leg Curls (Seated)
4 sets x 12

Leg Curls (Lying)
4 sets x 12

Glute Machine Kickbacks
4 sets x 12

Leg Raises
5 sets x 12+

Ab Machine
5 sets x 12+

Decline Crunches
4 sets x 15+

J-Dawg
08-16-12, 3:33 pm

Light conditioning day at the U parking lot with Aggression

Sled pulls - multiple sets for ~20min

Altered Beast
08-17-12, 12:10 pm

Sled dragging is always fun!

Kowboy
08-17-12, 12:11 pm

I am starting that next week. Should be fun since it looks like the parking lot has been resurfaced in 60 years. Lets just hope it doesnt get caught in a pothole lol

J-Dawg
08-17-12, 3:25 pm
Sled dragging is always fun!

It beats the prowler! LOL

I am starting that next week. Should be fun since it looks like the parking lot has been resurfaced in 60 years. Lets just hope it doesnt get caught in a pothole lol

Nice--that will definitely be fun for you! Sled dragging is great for active recovery, especially after squat workouts, b/c it draws nutrient rich blood into the muscle which for faster recovery. And it can also be used to increase strength by loading it up with weight. Heck, some guys will even use it for 30-60 mins and just walk with it and a lighter weight on the back as a form of cardio. It's very versatile!

J-Dawg
08-17-12, 3:28 pm

Benchapalooza with NG and Aggression. Followed by the NAUT, G Diesel and TDirty.

Rack Presses (about halfway point)
Warmups
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
340 x 1
365 x 0 (barely budged so max is in between 340 and 365, thinking ~350)

Incline DB Band Presses
50s x 10
60s x 10
80s x 8
90s x 8

Dips
3 sets x ~10

GSant434
08-17-12, 5:12 pm

Benchapalooza with NG and Aggression. Followed by the NAUT, G Diesel and TDirty.

Rack Presses (about halfway point)
Warmups
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
340 x 1
365 x 0 (barely budged so max is in between 340 and 365, thinking ~350)

Incline DB Band Presses
50s x 10
60s x 10
80s x 8
90s x 8

Dips
3 sets x ~10

Dumbbell Band Presses? Now that sounds like fun

J-Dawg
08-20-12, 3:08 pm
Dumbbell Band Presses? Now that sounds like fun

It was quite unique. Something that Aggression showed me!

J-Dawg
08-20-12, 3:12 pm

Quads @ Retro. Quick session - under an hour, but effective.

Squats
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 1 (found this to be a good weight to work on sitting back right and not leaning forward on the way up)
365 x 1
365 x 1

Leg Extensions
4 sets x 12

Leg Press
4 sets x 12

J-Dawg
08-20-12, 3:17 pm

Lower back and hamstrings @ Retro. Good session but a lotta volume overall.

Conventional Deads
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
365 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 4 (needed to hit 3 but had a 4th in me)

Sumo Deads (to work on pushing ass back)
315 x 5
405 x 3

Glute Machine
4 sets x 12

Good Mornings
5 sets x 8

Speed Box Squats (added b/c I was showing a friend how to do them)
3 sets x 5

Leg Curls (Lying)
3 sets x 12

Seated Calf Raises
8 sets x ~15

J-Dawg
08-20-12, 3:23 pm

Shoulders @ the U HQ with NG. Felt fatigued and drained from the weekend workouts so I kept a moderate intensity throughout.

Standing DB Press
Warmups
30s x 10
40s x 10
50s x 10
65s x 8
80s x 6

Stricted Incline Side Laterals (laying on incline bench - no NG reps performed)
12lb x 10
15lb x 10
20lb x 10
20lb x 10

Front Raises w/ Plates
35lb plate x 10
35lb plate x 10
45lb plate x 10
45lb plate x 10

Arnold Presses
2 sets x 10

J-Dawg
08-21-12, 5:15 pm

Arms at the U HQ w/ G Diesel and TDirty hitting Shoulders. Nice and easy session.

Tate Presses
4 sets x 10

DB Curls
4 sets x 10

Tricep Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

Fat Gripz Hammer Curls
4 sets x 10

DB Skull Crushers
3 sets x 10

Lying DB Curls
3 sets x 10

Standing Calf Raises on 45lb plate
10 sets x ~12-15 reps

GUNS
08-21-12, 6:31 pm
Nice couple days, those DB OH presses are strong man!

J-Dawg
08-22-12, 4:51 pm
Nice couple days, those DB OH presses are strong man!

Definitely had some decent training days this past weekend/early this week. Feeling a bit run down today so it's time for a little rest and recovery!

Enforcer
08-23-12, 9:43 am
Workouts are lookin solid in here, always impressd by the work you guys put in on a consistent basis

Aggression
08-29-12, 4:30 pm
J-Dawg, doth thou even hoist???

Appollonian
08-30-12, 7:54 am
I've learned that I need to stretch and warm up better first before training! I learned it from getting hurt and watching the NAUT and others get hurt over and over and realized some things that were lacking in the game plan esp. with flexibility and approaching each workout with the correct approach. Sure injuries will happen but I think they can be better prevented with a more thorough warmup/cool process amongst other things.

Some keys to prevent injury and stay healthy (my own philosphy after getting hurt and watching others get hurt):
--warm up thoroughly every workout
--cool down thoroughly every workout
--progress slowly at first when starting something new (exercises/sprints/etc)
--train smarter (think about where you've made mistakes and improve where you need to)
--stretch in between exercises
--don't lift heavy weights right away after taking time off
--wear appropriate attire when training
--be focused when training (don't get distracted)
--work through injuries--you hurt yourself working out, you will heal your body working out lightly
--don't take time a long time off--you need circulation and blood flow to recover.
--keep your diet relatively clean--don't put on a ton of excess bodyfat to stress the joints
--make an effort to get better--excuses will not help you recover

J, sorry for bringing this up but I saw it a few weeks back, then didn't get the chance to post when I did see it, forgot to post... blah blah blah

Anyhow this is golden information here. After bumbling my way through a hamstring tear then subsequent bad tendonitis (as if there is a good kind) and jacked up scar tissue, in just a few weeks of Physical Therapist guided rehab doing precisely everything you list here I've made more progress in 3 weeks than I had in 11 months on my own, as I would either lay off completely, or go to the walls too fast and aggravate the injury.

Thank you for this, definitely going to save it for the long term reminder of how it should be done.

And of course as always the workouts are very inspiring.

J-Dawg
08-31-12, 3:48 pm
Workouts are lookin solid in here, always impressd by the work you guys put in on a consistent basis

Thanks big E. Don't wanna disappoint ya bro, haha.

J-Dawg, doth thou even hoist???

Thou doth still hoist. Had some nice rest for a number of days and am back ready to train heavier and harder than ever for the meet.

J, sorry for bringing this up but I saw it a few weeks back, then didn't get the chance to post when I did see it, forgot to post... blah blah blah

Anyhow this is golden information here. After bumbling my way through a hamstring tear then subsequent bad tendonitis (as if there is a good kind) and jacked up scar tissue, in just a few weeks of Physical Therapist guided rehab doing precisely everything you list here I've made more progress in 3 weeks than I had in 11 months on my own, as I would either lay off completely, or go to the walls too fast and aggravate the injury.

Thank you for this, definitely going to save it for the long term reminder of how it should be done.

And of course as always the workouts are very inspiring.

That's great feedback A! I'm glad to hear you're able to recover faster via these methods. Many years of trial and error, as well as observance of others struggles with injuries and recovery time, has led me to those particular injury tips. Good luck with full recovery now!

J-Dawg
08-31-12, 3:58 pm
Back at it after a few days of vacation. Needed a slight break b/c my body/CNS were run down.

8/29

Lower Back/Hamstrings

Conventional Deads
Warmups + foam rolling in between sets
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
465 x 3
finished with a set of sumo deads to work on sitting back
405 x 3 sumo

Glute Machine
4 sets x 12

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets x 12

J-Dawg
08-31-12, 3:59 pm
8/30

Conditioning Day at the U HQ

Did prowler sprints with Aggression

10 trips x 40yards

J-Dawg
08-31-12, 4:02 pm
8/31

Benchapalooza with NG, Aggression & TDirty

Bench Press with Bands
Warmups + stretching
135 x 5 (no bands)
225 x 3 (no bands)
225 x 3 (bands)
275 x 1 (bands)
315 x 1 (bands)
365 x 1 (bands) PR
385 x 0 (bands--only got 3/4 of the way up and couldn't lock out)

DB Presses
80s x 10
100s x 8
100s x 8
100s x 8

Short and sweet.

J-Dawg
09-04-12, 4:55 pm
9/1/12

Upper Back/Tri's @ Retro

Pullups
4 sets x 8

Low Rows
4 sets x 10

Hammer Strenth Rows
4 sets x 10

Close Grip Bench
135 x 8
225 x 5
225 x 5

Tate Presses
4 sets x 10

Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

Seated Calf Raises
8 sets x ~15

J-Dawg
09-04-12, 4:58 pm
9/2/12

Shoulders

Seated Shoulder Press
Warmups
135 x 8
155 x 6
175 x 5
175 x 5

Seated DB Press
50s x 8
70s x 8
70s x 8

DB Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

DB Rear Laterals
4 sets x 10

Arnold Presses
3 sets x 10

Abs
10 sets total
lower & upper

J-Dawg
09-04-12, 5:05 pm
9/3/12

Quads

Squats - focused on wide stance and sitting back
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 2
365 x 2
need to cut down on sets to preserve CNS over the long haul

Box squats - parallel
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5
315 x 5
worked on sitting back and using hips off the bench

Leg Extensions
4 sets x 12

Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine
10 sets x ~15+

J-Dawg
09-05-12, 4:10 pm

Lower back & hamstrings. Threw in a few sets of biceps b/c I was unable to train them the past week.

Sumo deads
warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
455 x 1
505 x 1 (belt)
--Heaviest attempt for sumo I've tried. I definitely need to sit back deeper here and wear longer socks when doing sumo. But happy I hit 500+ on my first attempt ever over 450 on sumo.
finished w/ 455 x 1 to work on sitting back

Lower Back Extensions
4 sets x 10

Lying Leg Curls
5 sets x 10-12

DB Curls
4 sets x 10

Hammer Curls
1 big drop set
40s x 8
30s x 6
25s x 5
20s x 5
15s x 7

Altered Beast
09-05-12, 4:49 pm
Enter the 500 club! Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

J-Dawg
09-05-12, 5:01 pm
Enter the 500 club! Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

Now at 505 for sumo and 525 for conventional!

smoothballer
09-06-12, 12:21 pm
Now at 505 for sumo and 525 for conventional!

Oh Hell Yes

J-Dawg
09-06-12, 5:02 pm
Oh Hell Yes

Yeah buddy!

J-Dawg
09-06-12, 5:03 pm

Conditioning Day at the U HQ.

Sled pull w/ 45lb plate
--30min

J-Dawg
09-07-12, 4:33 pm
9/7/12

Benchapalooza with NG and Aggression. G Diesel and TDirty followed up strong after.

Flat Bench
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1 (2 board)
315 x 0 (2 board--failed-out of grove, needed another warmup up before attempting)
300 x 1 (2 board)
305 x 1 (2 board)
Note for next time. Hit 300 first and then attempt 315. 50lb was too big of a jump.

Weighted Dips
4 sets x 8: up to 80lb x 8

DB Flyes
4 sets x 10: up to 70s x 10

J-Dawg
09-10-12, 4:52 pm
9/8/12

Shoulders/Upper Back @ Retro

Seated Shoulder Press
Warmups
135 x 6
165 x 5
185 x 5

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

Arnold Presses
3 sets x 10

Pullups
7 sets x 8-10 (alternated wide, close, medium grip)

Seated Low Cable Rows
4 sets x 10

DB Rows
3 sets x 10

Rear Laterals
3 sets x 10

Seated Calf Raises
8 sets x ~15

Mr. Dead
09-10-12, 4:58 pm
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/249/850/83f.jpg

J-Dawg
09-10-12, 4:59 pm
9/9/12

Quads @ Retro

Squats (working on wide stance and sitting back)
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 2
385 x 1
finally feeling comfortable with the wider stance- hips are starting to get used to the weight and I can sit back better now

Box Squats (parallel)
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3

Leg Extensions
4 sets x 12

Abductor machine
3 sets x 10

Adductor Machine
3 sets x 10

Crunches
5 sets x 15

J-Dawg
09-10-12, 4:59 pm
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/249/850/83f.jpg

LOL. Nice to see you back MD.

Mr. Dead
09-10-12, 5:00 pm
LOL. Nice to see you back MD.

Thanks... Good to be back, and be myself, again...

J-Dawg
09-10-12, 5:03 pm
Thanks... Good to be back, and be myself, again...

Nice!

Now here's something that might rustle you... the name of the inventor of the CD: http://web.mit.edu/invent/iow/russell.html

LOL

Mr. Dead
09-10-12, 5:05 pm
Nice!

Now here's something that might rustle you... the name of the inventor of the CD: http://web.mit.edu/invent/iow/russell.html

LOL

Even more interesting... He's from up here, in Washington...

J-Dawg
09-10-12, 5:07 pm
Even more interesting... He's from up here, in Washington...

Now I feel even more rustled, lol.

Mr. Dead
09-10-12, 5:08 pm
Now I feel even more rustled, lol.

I posted a "Rustlemania" meme for NG over on his bb.com thread... *LOL*

J-Dawg
09-10-12, 5:12 pm

Hahaha, that sounds hilarious. Pics?

Mr. Dead
09-10-12, 5:14 pm
Hahaha, that sounds hilarious. Pics?

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/internet-memes-jimmybelt.jpg

GUNS
09-10-12, 5:15 pm
9/9/12

Quads @ Retro

Squats (working on wide stance and sitting back)
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 2
385 x 1
finally feeling comfortable with the wider stance- hips are starting to get used to the weight and I can sit back better now

Box Squats (parallel)
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3

Leg Extensions
4 sets x 12

Abductor machine
3 sets x 10

Adductor Machine
3 sets x 10

Crunches
5 sets x 15

Looking good J!

naturalguy
09-10-12, 5:16 pm

It made me lulz

Mr. Dead
09-11-12, 2:00 pm
http://i.qkme.me/36itqi.jpg

Altered Beast
09-11-12, 2:09 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Dawg
09-12-12, 3:57 pm
Looking good J!

Thanks GUN-- Time to step it up going into the fall now!

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/internet-memes-jimmybelt.jpg

Hahaha, nice one MD.

It made me lulz

That did provide some good lulz

naturalrustler

J-Dawg
09-12-12, 4:05 pm
9/12/12

Back to the grind after a few days off to let the ol' immune system recuperate. Unlike in the past, I will either not train when feeling run down or will only train lightly. No sense in turning a minor cold into something worse.

Arms - did some light tricep work and light bicep work today

Close Grip Band Bench
Up to 135 x 4 sets x 6 reps

DB Skull Crushers
4 sets up to 35s x 8

DB Curls
4 sets up to 35s x 8

Tricep Pushdowns
4 sets x 10

BB Curls
4 sets x 8

Calves
Standing Calf Raises on step w/ weight
4 sets x failure

Nice and easy today.

Mr. Dead
09-12-12, 4:10 pm
Nice work, J...!!! However... No workouts posted from NG, recently... Sooooooooo...
http://memecrunch.com/meme/2SEN/willy-wonka-gym/image.png

J-Dawg
09-13-12, 3:31 pm
Nice work, J...!!! However... No workouts posted from NG, recently... Sooooooooo...

Who knows what he's up to???

J-Dawg
09-13-12, 3:34 pm
9/13/12

Hamstrings/Lower Back/Glutes

Sumo Deads (I'll be giving these a run for a few weeks)
Warmups
135 x 6
135 x 6
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 3

Good Mornings
4 sets x 10

Barbell Glute Bridges (tested out w/ 135 for first time): http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-glute-bridge
4 sets x 10

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets x 10

Glute Kickback: http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/glute-kickback
2 sets x 10

Aggression
09-13-12, 3:40 pm
gluteous maximus

J-Dawg
09-13-12, 3:51 pm
gluteous maximus

... Is the key to success, lol

J-Dawg
09-14-12, 3:33 pm
9/14/12

Benchapalooza w/ Aggression & NG

Floor Press
Warmups
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3 (PR)
285 x 1

Close Grip Bench Press
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 2
265 x 2

Incline DB Press
50s x 10
100s x 8
100s x 8

FiredUp
09-14-12, 11:17 pm
9/14/12

Benchapalooza w/ Aggression & NG

Floor Press
Warmups
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3 (PR)
285 x 1

Do you pause your floor press?

J Wong
09-15-12, 11:00 am
Congrats on the floor press PR!

J-Dawg
09-17-12, 11:29 am
Do you pause your floor press?

Yep--all paused reps!

Congrats on the floor press PR!

Thanks boom. I'm looking for it to translate into a better bench press.

J-Dawg
09-17-12, 11:32 am
9/15/12

Shoulders and Upper Back at Retro

Seated Shoulder Press
Warmups
135 x 6
165 x 6
185 x 5
185 x 4

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

BB Rows
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8

Standing DB Press
50s x 8
70s x 8
80s x 5

Pull Ups (Varying Grips)
6 sets x 8-10

One Armed DB Rows
60s x 10
80s x 8
100s x 8

Seated Calf Raises
8 sets x 12+

Calf Machine
4 sets x 15

J-Dawg
09-17-12, 4:55 pm
9/17/12

Arms - Tricep & Bicep work

Close Grip Band Presses
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 8
185 x 5
185 x 5
The bands were harder than I thought--I'm not sure how to calculate tension but there was quite a bit from start to finish.

JM Presses
4 sets x 8
Felt pain in my elbows here--Gotta warm up with light weight next time to pump blood in first.

Tricep V Bar Pushdowns
4 sets x 10

DB Skull Crushers
4 sets x 10

DB Curls
6 sets x 10 (up to 50s)

Fat Gripz Hammer Curls
4 sets x 10 (up to 40s)

Mr. Dead
09-17-12, 4:57 pm
Still no workouts posted by "Weaksauce", I mean, NG...???

C.Coronato
09-17-12, 4:58 pm

Bold Words.

J-Dawg
09-17-12, 5:00 pm

Ouch, haha.

Mr. Dead
09-17-12, 5:00 pm
Bold Words.

Okay... I bolded them... But not sure if that will get him to come out and post... Just sayin'... *LOL*

Altered Beast
09-18-12, 9:01 am
Bold Words.

The world needs more bold people.

naturalguy
09-18-12, 9:05 am
ng is still training

Mr. Dead
09-18-12, 9:20 am
ng is still training

*Is aware...* Just felt an overwhelming sense of duty to give you a hard time... *LOL*

naturalguy
09-18-12, 9:26 am
*Is aware...* Just felt an overwhelming sense of duty to give you a hard time... *LOL*

As always lol

J-Dawg
09-18-12, 3:35 pm
9/18/12

Squat Day at the U HQ. Kept it short and simple today.

Reverse Band Squats
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 3
295 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 1 (w/ bands)
495 x 1 (w/ bands)
515 x 1 (w/ bands) PR

The hardest part on these was walking out the weight. I wasn't used to having something that heavy on my back so it was good for stability. The first few inches of the movement was all me and then the bands kicked in a bit. 515 was heavy as F.

Altered Beast
09-18-12, 4:53 pm
This kind of stuff I like to see!

If you set it up right, the bands only help you out of the hole and don't give much assistance once you start your ascent.

J-Dawg
09-18-12, 5:06 pm
This kind of stuff I like to see!

If you set it up right, the bands only help you out of the hole and don't give much assistance once you start your ascent.

Yeah--I need to take a look at the set up again. Do you have a vid of any you've done?

GUNS
09-18-12, 6:00 pm
Hell yeah J! Nice PR!

Altered Beast
09-19-12, 10:50 am
Yeah--I need to take a look at the set up again. Do you have a vid of any you've done?

I'll be using Reverse Band Squats in my Briefs for a 2 week ME wave either starting next week or in three weeks. I'll get a vid for ya.

I use a Monolift which makes it easy, but you can do something similar with a Power Rack. Set the support beams at the highest holes on the rack (should be 7 feet or so). Choke the band around these beams and put the band ends around the barbell on the outside of the last weight on the bar. You'll have to keep removing the bands to load on more weight, but once enough plates are on the bar you will get the proper support from the bands.

J-Dawg
09-20-12, 11:49 am
Hell yeah J! Nice PR!

Thanks GUNS!

I'll be using Reverse Band Squats in my Briefs for a 2 week ME wave either starting next week or in three weeks. I'll get a vid for ya.

I use a Monolift which makes it easy, but you can do something similar with a Power Rack. Set the support beams at the highest holes on the rack (should be 7 feet or so). Choke the band around these beams and put the band ends around the barbell on the outside of the last weight on the bar. You'll have to keep removing the bands to load on more weight, but once enough plates are on the bar you will get the proper support from the bands.

Awesome! I look forward to the vid. I'll have to take a vid of my setup next time too.

J-Dawg
09-20-12, 11:53 am
9/19/12

Lower Back/Hamstrings/Glutes

Conventional Deads
Switched back to conventional deads after a few weeks of sumo deads. Felt great on these.
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
475 x 3 (add belt--set felt great. Had more in the tank but stopped at 3)

Barbell Glute Bridge
135 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8

Hyperextensions
4 sets x 10 w/ 45lb plate

Glute Machine
3 sets x 12

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets x 12

Seated Calf Raises
8 sets x 12-15

J-Dawg
09-20-12, 3:24 pm
9/20/12

Conditioning Day @ the U HQ w/ Aggression while NG secretly was missing during that time :/

Prowler x 10 - 40 yard trips. Nice and easy.

J-Dawg
09-21-12, 4:43 pm
9/21/12

Benchapalooza @ the U HQ solo today.

Rack Press (set at 3 inches from chest to target weak point)
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 1 (PR at this close range)

Incline BB Press
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 3

Dips w/ 60lb DB
4 sets x 10+

GUNS
09-21-12, 6:27 pm
Big congrats J! Then hit some heavy Inclines! Epic brother!

J-Dawg
09-24-12, 3:51 pm
Big congrats J! Then hit some heavy Inclines! Epic brother!

Thanks GUNS. Little by little trying to work at increasing my overall bench press!

J-Dawg
09-24-12, 3:58 pm
9/22/12

Upper back and shoulders @ Retro Fitness.

Seated Shoulder Press
Warmups
135 x 6
165 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5

BB Rows
Warmup
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8

Pullups w/ varying grips
8 sets x 8+

Machine Rows
4 sets x 8

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

Upright Rows
4 sets x 10

Calves
Machine Calf Raises
8 sets x 12+

J-Dawg
09-24-12, 4:09 pm
9/24/12

Arms @ the U HQ w/ Aggression & TDirty.

Close Grip Banded Speed Bench
9 sets x 3 reps fast

Skull Crushers
5 sets x 10

DB Curls
5 sets x 10

Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

DB Hammer Curls
6 sets x 10-12

Wrist Curls
4 sets x 12+

GUNS
09-24-12, 4:27 pm
Tris must have been on fire! Solid J!

Altered Beast
09-24-12, 4:52 pm
That is some HOOGENESS right there J!

J-Dawg
09-25-12, 3:26 pm
Tris must have been on fire! Solid J!

They felt pumped for sure!

That is some HOOGENESS right there J!

Feels good!

J-Dawg
09-25-12, 3:33 pm
9/25/12

Quads at the U HQ solo. Felt very tired from lack of sleep but had to get the session in for the week. It turned out to be a decent session.

Squats
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
295 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 1
405 x 1

And then a super of the following two:
Hack Squats
1pps x 12
2pps x 10
3pps x 10
2pps x 6 (close) x 6 (wide) x 6 (close)

Leg Extensions
5 sets x 10+

GUNS
09-25-12, 7:16 pm
Hopefully you can't walk tomorrow!

J-Dawg
10-02-12, 5:10 pm
Will post some workout updates tomorrow. Still catching up after the Olympia!

J-Dawg
10-05-12, 4:04 pm
Had a bunch of great workouts the past week at the Olympia and am just getting back to log 'em now.

Starting off with today's chest workout.

10/5/12
Benchapalooza with NG.

Flat Bench
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
305 x miss (got it 1/2 way up but needed a slight touch on the bar from NG)

Flat DB Press
80s x 8
100s x 6
120s x 5

Dips
4 sets x 6-10

JoshLandry
10-05-12, 7:26 pm
Im excited to see you and NG kill some PR's in your next meet brotha!!

J-Dawg
10-08-12, 9:41 am
Im excited to see you and NG kill some PR's in your next meet brotha!!

Thanks Josh. That's what I'm hoping to do for sure!

GUNS
10-08-12, 9:47 am
Had a bunch of great workouts the past week at the Olympia and am just getting back to log 'em now.

Starting off with today's chest workout.

10/5/12
Benchapalooza with NG.

Flat Bench
Warmups
135 x 8
135 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
305 x miss (got it 1/2 way up but needed a slight touch on the bar from NG)

Flat DB Press
80s x 8
100s x 6
120s x 5

Dips
4 sets x 6-10

Looking strong slinging those 120's around! I gotta step up my game!

Shukin
10-08-12, 9:55 am
What's happening J-Dawg? You going to make the Delaware ABC?

J-Dawg
10-08-12, 10:09 am
10/6/12

Quads at Retro

Skipped legs in the rotation last week due to the Olympia and recovery times so I took it to a bit lighter this week before kicking it up going forward.

Squats
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 1
335 x 3

Box Squats
225 x 5
315 x 5
315 x 5

Hack Squats
4 sets x 10

Leg Extensions
3 sets x 12

Calf Raises
10 sets total of alternating seated and machine press

J-Dawg
10-08-12, 10:12 am
10/7/12

Lower Back/Hamstrings @ Retro

Deads (conventional)
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 3
500 x 2 (PR)

Deads (sumo)
315 x 5
365 x 3
415 x 3

Glute Bridges
135 x 10
225 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8

Glute Machine Kickback
4 sets x 12

Leg Curls (lying)
4 sets x 12

Decline Crunches
5 sets x 12

Shukin
10-08-12, 10:13 am
Strong leg session J.

J-Dawg
10-08-12, 10:14 am
Looking strong slinging those 120's around! I gotta step up my game!

Those 120s were heavy but I need to start moving them more often!

What's happening J-Dawg? You going to make the Delaware ABC?

All is well Shukin. How about for you? I'd love to make it down to DE. I'll let you know!

J-Dawg
10-08-12, 10:15 am
Strong leg session J.

Thanks Shukin. I need to start stepping my game up for the Jan meet!

Shukin
10-08-12, 10:16 am
All is well Shukin. How about for you? I'd love to make it down to DE. I'll let you know!

Things are good, work has slowed down a bit which is nice. I hope you can make to DE, love to catch up with you again.

J-Dawg
10-08-12, 12:21 pm
Things are good, work has slowed down a bit which is nice. I hope you can make to DE, love to catch up with you again.

Glad things are slowing down a bit for ya. DE ABC would be great to catch up. As it gets closer, I'll let ya know!

J-Dawg
10-08-12, 3:43 pm
10/8/12

Shoulders at the U HQ w/ NG and TDirty.

DB Shoulder Press
Warmups
35s x 10
50s x 10
65s x 10
80s x 10

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

DB Shrugs
4 sets x 10

Rear Laterals
4 sets x 10

Band Rear Laterals
4 sets x 10

Face Pulls
4 sets x 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1K--Nq3i8o

J-Dawg
10-09-12, 5:16 pm
10/9/12

Arms at the U HQ with TDirty in the house.

Close Grip Bench w/ bands
Warmups
8 sets x (135-155lb) x 5

DB Curls
5 sets x 10

Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

Concentration Curls
4 sets x 10

DB Skull Crushers
4 sets x 10

Hammer Curls
4 sets x 10

Rope Wrist Curls
4 sets x failure

J-Dawg
10-10-12, 4:44 pm
10/10/12

Back with TDirty at the U HQ.

Warm up with light pulldowns/bands

Pullups Wide Grip
3 sets x 6 (slow and controlled)

Pullups Close Grip
3 sets x 8 (slow and controlled)

BB Rows
135 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8
245 x 8

Finished with a set of pullups

Calf Raises on 45lb plate
10 sets x 205 x 10+ reps

GUNS
10-10-12, 4:49 pm
Nice work J! I see you stole TDirty from G! LOL!

J-Dawg
10-11-12, 9:14 am
Nice work J! I see you stole TDirty from G! LOL!

Thanks GUNS! Yeah, T was lonely b/c G's been sick so we've been hitting some good training sessions this week.

Aggression
10-11-12, 9:24 am
Title of thread should be 'J-Dawg: Increasing PRs while naturalguy decreases testosterone in 2012'

J-Dawg
10-11-12, 3:30 pm
Title of thread should be 'J-Dawg: Increasing PRs while naturalguy decreases testosterone in 2012'

Ouch. Zing. NG and the NAUT need to write a book about that one, lol.

J-Dawg
10-11-12, 3:33 pm

Conditioning Day at the U HQ with Aggression and NG.

Prowler Sprints
40 yards x 10

Sled Drag
10 min of light sled dragging for restoration

naturalguy
10-11-12, 3:38 pm

Wow

GUNS
10-11-12, 3:58 pm
Title of thread should be 'J-Dawg: Increasing PRs while naturalguy decreases testosterone in 2012'Ouch, but he does have a diary!

Aggression
10-11-12, 4:26 pm
Wow

I'll take that back after you manning'ed up today and stuck it out with 10 trips on the prowler. Testosterone restored

J-Dawg
10-11-12, 4:42 pm
I'll take that back after you manning'ed up today and stuck it out with 10 trips on the prowler. Testosterone restored

He did man up today and complained very little while doing it. Man card is coming back.

Aggression
10-11-12, 4:48 pm
Man card is coming back.

http://images.cryhavok.org/d/18560-1/Man+Card.jpg

naturalguy
10-11-12, 7:49 pm

He did man up today and complained very little while doing it. Man card is coming back.

And I enjoyed every minute of the prowler

said no one ever

J-Dawg
10-12-12, 3:51 pm
And I enjoyed every minute of the prowler

said no one ever

LOL. Nice one NG.

J-Dawg
10-12-12, 3:58 pm

Benchapalooza w/ Aggression and TDirty. NG held our boards and spotted.

Flat Bench
Warmups
135 x 6
135 x 6
185 x 5
225 x 2
265 x 1
295 x 1 (2 board)
315 x 1 (2 board w/ slight help from NG--I will get it clean soon!)

Bench is by far my weakest lift but I will get stronger!

Incline DB Presses
80s x 8
90s x 8
100s x 13 (PR)

Weighted Dips
3 sets x 10

DB Flyes
1 set x 20

Short vid of a few board presses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpqSiApXEwA

scals
10-13-12, 12:38 am
Getting strong J. Good work!

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 12:17 pm
Getting strong J. Good work!

Thanks Steve! How are things with you bro?

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 12:20 pm

Quads at Retro Fitness

Squats (deep, wide stance)
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5 (took me awhile to warm up)
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 3
365 x 3

Front Squats
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 8
185 x 6

Leg Extensions
4 sets x 12

Abductor Machine
2 sets x 10

Adductor Machine
2 sets x 10

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 12:25 pm

Hamstrings/Lower Back

Sumo Deadlifts
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
405 x 3
475 x 3 (PR for sumo - felt great)

Barbell Hip Thrust
135 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8
225 x 8

Glute Kickbacks
4 sets x 10

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets x 12

GUNS
10-15-12, 1:09 pm
Whatever it takes, you gotta get those knees warm. And nice PR! Have you tries extensions or a bike for 5 minutes to warm up even more?

JUGGERNAUT
10-15-12, 1:20 pm
Ouch. Zing. NG and the NAUT need to write a book about that one, lol.

What? Don't make me laugh

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 1:29 pm
Whatever it takes, you gotta get those knees warm. And nice PR! Have you tries extensions or a bike for 5 minutes to warm up even more?

GUNS--that's a good call. I really need to do a more thorough warmup for my quads when squatting. I'll throw the bike in their next time and let you know how it goes!

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 1:29 pm
What? Don't make me laugh

Our prodigal NAUT is back!

GUNS
10-15-12, 1:38 pm
GUNS--that's a good call. I really need to do a more thorough warmup for my quads when squatting. I'll throw the bike in their next time and let you know how it goes!

Awesome, nice and slow and little resistance! As it gets colder, Ill be doing this as well.

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 4:23 pm
Awesome, nice and slow and little resistance! As it gets colder, Ill be doing this as well.

I think it will help me out immensely!

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 4:28 pm

Shoulders/Triceps @ the U with NG in the house.

Seated DB Press
Warmups
20s x 10
35s x 10
50s x 10
65s x 10
80s x 8
90s x 5

Side Laterals
5 sets x 10

Close Grip Bench Press w/ Resistance Bands
8 sets x 5 (up to 155)

DB Skull Crushers
4 sets x 10

Front Raises
3 sets x 10

Rear Laterals
3 sets x 10

Rotator Cuff Work
3 sets x 8-10

Standing Calf Raises
10 sets x 10+

C.Coronato
10-15-12, 4:30 pm
Lots and lots of CARBSSSSSSS

J-Dawg
10-15-12, 4:31 pm
Lots and lots of CARBSSSSSSS

I plan to front load, side load, top load and back load carbs, lol.

C.Coronato
10-15-12, 4:31 pm

haha the ideal situation!

GUNS
10-15-12, 4:42 pm

Love this right here J! lol!

J-Dawg
10-16-12, 3:02 pm
haha the ideal situation!

Love this right here J! lol!

I just have to make sure to balance good carbs w/ the bad carbs. I feel like eating dirty when I start doing more heavy triples/singles!

J-Dawg
10-16-12, 3:09 pm

Conditioning day outside the U HQ with Aggression

Prowler Sprints
40yard sprints x 10

A bit run down but for some reason I always feel better after hitting some conditioning work.

Aggression
10-16-12, 3:20 pm

Conditioning day outside the U HQ with Aggression

Prowler Sprints
40yard sprints x 10

A bit run down but for some reason I always feel better after hitting some conditioning work.

http://crossfitbattlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/kody-e1332123350114-450x600.jpg

J-Dawg
10-16-12, 3:26 pm
Is that NG?

Altered Beast
10-16-12, 4:37 pm
http://crossfitbattlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/kody-e1332123350114-450x600.jpg

Damnit damnit damnit Agg!

shortstack
10-16-12, 4:41 pm
awesome Pic. hahaha

Good to see you two still killikg the workouts.

Jeremy

Nix0r
10-16-12, 4:41 pm
Damnit damnit damnit Agg!

Did you see "crossfit" in the URL and die inside or something?

Aggression
10-16-12, 4:49 pm

lulz. didn't even notice that until I saw you post it. I just google image-searched that shit. I laugh every time I see that picture.

Altered Beast
10-17-12, 8:45 am

I never die Nix. "crossfitbattlefield", that is all that needs to be said.

lulz. didn't even notice that until I saw you post it. I just google image-searched that shit. I laugh every time I see that picture.

I figured as much! I just saw crossfitbattlefield and wanted to throw my printer at a skinny beta male type.

Aggression
10-17-12, 9:46 am
I just saw crossfitbattlefield and wanted to throw my printer at a skinny beta male type.

Yeah. That's the correct reaction; throw your personal printer at a 'skinny beta male' b/c some dude on the internet posted a funny picture that just so happened to have the word 'crossfit' in the url. Yeah .. that sounds about right.

Nix0r
10-17-12, 9:52 am
Yeah. That's the correct reaction; throw your personal printer at a 'skinny beta male' b/c some dude on the internet posted a funny picture that just so happened to have the word 'crossfit' in the url. Yeah .. that sounds about right.

http://i.imgur.com/cDIFz.png

Aggression
10-17-12, 10:46 am
http://youtu.be/2E0CkSXKOfc

Altered Beast
10-17-12, 10:49 am

LOL! I like that burn pic.

Did you get what I meant? The dude in the prowler pic is a bony little skinny beta male. Nevermind =)

Don't have time to watch Kelso pushing the boundaries of the ****/heteronormative boundaries =)

Kowboy
10-17-12, 11:06 am
I am due up for some prowler work tomorrow, lets hope I dont end up like that. In the downtown columbus parking lot I would probably wake up w/ my shoes missing. Being across from the "Faith Mission" can be scary at times.

Nix0r
10-17-12, 12:17 pm
LOL! I like that burn pic.

Did you get what I meant? The dude in the prowler pic is a bony little skinny beta male. Nevermind =)

For all you know, he could be a MMA fighter who stays in a lower weight class, and would wreck your shit if the situation ever arose. However, this is the Internet, so until he "comes at you, bro" I guess you're the alpha around here.

Altered Beast
10-17-12, 12:22 pm
For all you know, he could be a MMA fighter who stays in a lower weight class, and would wreck your shit if the situation ever arose. However, this is the Internet, so until he "comes at you, bro" I guess you're the alpha around here.

Nix, lots of hate lately from you.

Nix0r
10-17-12, 12:25 pm
Nix, lots of hate lately from you.

I'm just trying to keep things in perspective... 'cause yeah, you've been dishing it to a lot of people lately, many whom I know personally.

Aggression
10-17-12, 12:29 pm
I am due up for some prowler work tomorrow, lets hope I dont end up like that. In the downtown columbus parking lot I would probably wake up w/ my shoes missing. Being across from the "Faith Mission" can be scary at times.

Its definitely a love/hate. I dread when its close to 2pm. Its like getting up in front of the class to present a project. You think of all the excuses you can come up with to avoid it. You get the bubbleguts. You start sweating. When your training partner tries to find you, you've conveniently ducked out to the bathroom. But once you actually get out there and get the first push outta the way, feelsgoodman.jpeg

GUNS
10-17-12, 12:34 pm
Its definitely a love/hate. I dread when its close to 2pm. Its like getting up in front of the class to present a project. You think of all the excuses you can come up with to avoid it. You get the bubbleguts. You start sweating. When your training partner tries to find you, you've conveniently ducked out to the bathroom. But once you actually get out there and get the first push outta the way, feelsgoodman.jpeg

Hahaha, awesome post, we've all been here!

naturalguy
10-17-12, 12:46 pm

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/NarutoNandaime/weallknowthatfeel.png

J-Dawg
10-17-12, 2:05 pm

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/221727_700b.jpg

Kowboy
10-17-12, 2:19 pm

I wish I had a training partner, might make it easier lol. The hardest part for me is hauling the fucking thing outside, you have to walk through a maze to get it out the doors and then haul it 200 feet to the parking lot. So if you are pushing heavy.... its a workout to get it there lol.

Altered Beast
10-17-12, 2:42 pm
I'm just trying to keep things in perspective... 'cause yeah, you've been dishing it to a lot of people lately, many whom I know personally.

You sexy bearded summa ma bitch! =) some Bernie Mac for ya.

I know who you're referring to.

Y'all are hilarious.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/221727_700b.jpg

Has this replaced the fruity looking monkey with the maternal look on his face?

J-Dawg
10-17-12, 3:28 pm

Upper back session at the U HQ with NG and Aggression in the house.

Pullups (varying wide and closer grip)
6 sets x 6 per set but slow and controlled throughout

Barbell Rows
Warmup
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8

Close Grip Low Cable Rows
4 sets x 10

Rotator Cuff Work
Lots of light sets for 5-8min post workout.

Aggression
10-17-12, 3:35 pm
I wish I had a training partner, might make it easier lol. The hardest part for me is hauling the fucking thing outside, you have to walk through a maze to get it out the doors and then haul it 200 feet to the parking lot. So if you are pushing heavy.... its a workout to get it there lol.

That's what she said.

Yeah, I'm fortunate to have J-Dawg and NG in the house to go prowl with. Otherwise, if it was just me, let's just say there would have been a lot less prowling sessions over the past year.

J-Dawg
10-17-12, 3:37 pm
That's what she said.

Yeah, I'm fortunate to have J-Dawg and NG in the house to go prowl with. Otherwise, if it was just me, let's just say there would have been a lot less prowling sessions over the past year.

0?

Aggression
10-17-12, 3:44 pm
0?

sounds about right, lulz

J-Dawg
10-17-12, 3:46 pm
sounds about right, lulz

Agreed, haha.

BTW...

http://i.qkme.me/355sec.jpg

GUNS
10-17-12, 4:46 pm

Upper back session at the U HQ with NG and Aggression in the house.

Pullups (varying wide and closer grip)
6 sets x 6 per set but slow and controlled throughout

Barbell Rows
Warmup
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8

Close Grip Low Cable Rows
4 sets x 10

Rotator Cuff Work
Lots of light sets for 5-8min post workout.

So many feels, lets not look over this bad ass workout! Nice work, now get back to those feels!

Altered Beast
10-17-12, 4:47 pm
I like the feels better than the rustling jimmies nonsense!

GUNS
10-17-12, 4:59 pm
I like the feels better than the rustling jimmies nonsense!

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv284/Redflame6/Just-Jimmie-It1.jpg

J-Dawg
10-18-12, 3:51 pm

Conditioning day at the U HQ with Aggression and NG.

Prowler Sprints
40 yards x 10

Aggression
10-18-12, 3:55 pm

Conditioning day at the U HQ with Aggression and NG.

Prowler Sprints
40 yards x 10

followed by pizza and cake.

lolquemexicanpear.jpeg

J-Dawg
10-18-12, 4:06 pm
followed by pizza and cake.

lolquemexicanpear.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5ushKaOyFA

Altered Beast
10-18-12, 4:48 pm
LOL!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe!!!!

GUNS
10-18-12, 6:26 pm
WUT TF? I will never get that 2:39 of my life back!

J-Dawg
10-19-12, 3:54 pm
LOL!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe!!!!

WUT TF? I will never get that 2:39 of my life back!

Hahahaha. The lol wut pear images get me every time.

J-Dawg
10-19-12, 3:56 pm

Benchapalooza with NG and G in the house.

Floor Presses
Warmups
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 3
265 x 3
275 x 3

DB Presses
70s x 8
90s x 8
120s x 5

Dips + 60lb
3 sets x 8 (always feel tight on these for some reason)

DB Flyes
3 sets x 12

GUNS
10-19-12, 4:49 pm
Awe shit, look at thos DB's. Does the +60lb put your total bw over 200 yet? Lol, I kid, I kid!

J-Dawg
10-22-12, 3:29 pm
Awe shit, look at thos DB's. Does the +60lb put your total bw over 200 yet? Lol, I kid, I kid!

Haha, nice one!

J-Dawg
10-22-12, 3:32 pm

Arms @ Retro

Close Grip Bench Press
Warmups
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 5
250 x 3

Seated Overhead DB Tricep Press
Warmups
60 x 10
80 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10

Pushdowns
4 sets x 12

EZ Barbell Curls
4 sets x 10

DB Curls
4 sets x 10

Reverse Curls
4 sets x 10

Wrist Curls
6 sets (alternate grips)

J-Dawg
10-22-12, 3:36 pm

Shoulders & Upper Back @ Retro (chest on Fri, then tri's on Sat and then shoulders on is tough!)

Seated Shoulder Press
Warmups
135 x 8
165 x 8
185 x 8
190 x 6

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

Rear Laterals
3 sets x 10

Extra Rear Lateral Work (inspired by NG)
3 sets x 10

Pullups (varying wide/closegrip)
6 sets x 8

Machine Rows
4 sets x 10

Seated Calf Raises
10 sets x 12+

J-Dawg
10-22-12, 3:40 pm

Quads @ the U HQ with NG in the house

Walk and stretch first

Light warmups with Leg Extensions
3 sets x 50lb x 10

Box Squats (slightly above parallel)
Warmups
135 x 6
135 x 6
225 x 5 (add box at this point)
315 x 3
405 x 2
455 x 2
495 x 2 (PR)

Leg Extensions
1 big dropset:
200lb x 8
170lb x 8
140lb x 7
120lb x 8
90lb x 10

GUNS
10-22-12, 3:57 pm
3 strong days! Do you need to move BP's? Throw legs in between somewhere? Congrats on the PR! I love the pre-exhaustion on legs! Been doing it for about 5 weeks! Very hard to squat after that!

J-Dawg
10-22-12, 5:00 pm
3 strong days! Do you need to move BP's? Throw legs in between somewhere? Congrats on the PR! I love the pre-exhaustion on legs! Been doing it for about 5 weeks! Very hard to squat after that!

In order to get some more rest for quads/lowerback, I had to group bench/arms/shoulders like that. Not ideal but I actually feel less beat up than when I'd hit legs on the weekend! The pre-exhaustion definitely helped me out today. I need to keep that up every workout not.

J-Dawg
10-22-12, 5:02 pm
An oldie but goodie. This is how I often feel after not taking days off from training...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rcYBP0FdL8

GUNS
10-22-12, 8:22 pm
In order to get some more rest for quads/lowerback, I had to group bench/arms/shoulders like that. Not ideal but I actually feel less beat up than when I'd hit legs on the weekend! The pre-exhaustion definitely helped me out today. I need to keep that up every workout not.

Hahahahahaha!

C.Coronato
10-23-12, 10:05 am
Not too long until its time to step on the platform again J!!

J-Dawg
10-26-12, 3:49 pm
Not too long until its time to step on the platform again J!!

Time to really step it up!

J-Dawg
10-26-12, 3:52 pm
From 10.24.12

Lower Back/Hamstrings (trained under the weather)

Conventional Deads
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 1
500 x 1

Glute Ham Raise
4 sets x 6-8

Lying Leg Curls
3 sets x 12

Reverse Hypers
3 sets x 10

Somehow I tweaked the right side of my lower back and have been in pain ever since. I think I didn't do it during this workout but while picking up weights from the floor of the gym! It's very painful to bend in certain directions--sharp shooting pain that runs from lower back to hamstrings.

J-Dawg
10-26-12, 4:06 pm

Benchapalooza with Aggression and NG doing some light stuff in the background.

Rack Presses
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
250 x 3
295 x 2
335 x 1
355 x 1
375 x fail
365 x 1

Incline Press
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 8

Incline Flyes
2 sets x 12

GUNS
10-26-12, 4:15 pm

Rack Presses
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
250 x 3
295 x 2
335 x 1
355 x 1
375 x fail
365 x 1

Incline Press
135 x 8
185 x 8
205 x 8

Incline Flyes
2 sets x 12How dare they lift light and disrupt this awesomeness!

J-Dawg
10-26-12, 4:17 pm
How dare they lift light and disrupt this awesomeness!

That was only NG! Aggression hit a couple of PRs today!

GUNS
10-26-12, 4:23 pm

Haha, I seen on his thread!

Aggression
10-26-12, 4:42 pm

375 x fail

I guess I read it the wrong way. Was about to say 'one of us didn't fail on 375 today', lulz.

J-Dawg
11-06-12, 11:32 am
Catching up on some missed workouts. Thankful to have power and everything OK in my direct area but thinking and hoping for the best for all those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy. Wishing them piece of mind and comfort despite the many obstacles they may now face going forward.

10.28-11.1: nothing great to post up for my records

Hit up a nice chest workout with G, NG and T-Dirty at Retro in Piscataway, NJ.
Flat BB Press
Warmups
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 3
285 x 1 (paused)
295 x 1 (touch and go)

Decline Hammer Chest Press
1pps x 12
2pps x 10
3pps x 10
4pps x 7

Machine Flyes
4 sets x 12

Cable Crossover
4 sets x 12+

J-Dawg
11-06-12, 11:38 am

Shoulders/Tri's @ Retro

Shoulder Press
Warmups
95 x 8
135 x 8
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 3 (PR)

Standing DB Press
50s x 10
70s x 8
80s x 5

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

Decline Close Grip Bench (harder than I thought!)
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 3
245 x 3

Tate Presses
4 sets x 10

Overhead Rope Extensions
4 sets x 10

Mr. Dead
11-08-12, 2:31 pm
Is this the "Journey to Enlightenment Via Gangnam Style Rustled Jimmies"...???

GUNS
11-08-12, 3:22 pm

Shoulders/Tri's @ Retro

Shoulder Press
Warmups
95 x 8
135 x 8
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 3 (PR)

Standing DB Press
50s x 10
70s x 8
80s x 5

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

Decline Close Grip Bench (harder than I thought!)
135 x 8
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 3
245 x 3

Tate Presses
4 sets x 10

Overhead Rope Extensions
4 sets x 10

Congrats on the PR!Anything over 200 is a great milestone for OHP!

J-Dawg
11-09-12, 4:11 pm
Is this the "Journey to Enlightenment Via Gangnam Style Rustled Jimmies"...???

Hahaha, nice of you to stop in MD!

Congrats on the PR!Anything over 200 is a great milestone for OHP!

Agreed--Anything over 200 on shoulder presses is solid!

J-Dawg
11-09-12, 4:42 pm
It hasn't been a great week of training but I've been reminded of a few things. As I get closer to the powerlifting contest, I need to cut out high volume workouts b/c I don't recover well for the big lifts and I also need to ensure I load myself up with enough calories each day. More off days each week will be needed as well.

J-Dawg
11-09-12, 4:48 pm

Quads @ the U HQ

Slightly below parallel box squats - my weakness is at the bottom of the lift.
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 0

Hack Squats - extra deep
2pps x 10
3pps x 10
3pps x 10
3pps + 25s x 7

Leg Extensions
1 sets x 20+

J-Dawg
11-09-12, 4:49 pm

Hamstrings & Lower Back

Conventional Deads
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 1

Glute/Ham Raises
4 sets x 8+

Lying Leg Curls
4 sets x 12

J-Dawg
11-09-12, 4:53 pm

Benchapalooza at the U HQ with NG and the NAUT

Flat Bench w/ a contest pause
Warmups
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
250 x 3
275 x 2 (failed 1/2way up on 3)
290 x 1 (paused PR)

DB Bench
60s x 10
80s x 10
120s x 4

DB Flyes
3 sets x 12

GUNS
11-09-12, 6:13 pm
It hasn't been a great week of training but I've been reminded of a few things. As I get closer to the powerlifting contest, I need to cut out high volume workouts b/c I don't recover well for the big lifts and I also need to ensure I load myself up with enough calories each day. More off days each week will be needed as well.

Well you know where you stand and what needs to happen. Thats half the batle. Nice few workouts and nice pr!

Jay
11-12-12, 2:07 am
Any plans to video another benchapolloza soon?

J-Dawg
11-12-12, 9:23 am
Well you know where you stand and what needs to happen. Thats half the batle. Nice few workouts and nice pr!

Yes! Half the battle is knowing what to do to improve upon your weaknesses!

Any plans to video another benchapolloza soon?

We definitely need to do another vid soon. I gotta find my flip cam and get it underway!

J-Dawg
11-12-12, 9:25 am

Shoulders & Bi's @ Retro

DB Press
Warmups
50s x 10
70s x 10
80s x 10

Side Laterals
4 sets x 10

Front Raises
4 sets x 10

Preacher Curls
4 sets x 10

Reverse Curls
4 sets x 10

Wrist Curls
4 sets x 15+

Reverse Wrist Curls
4 sets x 15+

20min Cardio

J-Dawg
11-12-12, 9:29 am

Triceps & Back @ Retro

Close Grip Decline Bench
Warmups
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 5
265 x 4
275 x 2

Overhead Rope Extension
4 sets x 12

Pullups
6 sets with varying grips x 6-8/set

Hammer Strength Machine Row
3pps - 4 sets x 10

Machine Calf Raise
8 sets x 12+

shortstack
11-12-12, 9:40 am
What's up fellas??? Lots of J Dawg in here but where is NG??

I'll catch up with you guys later but keep up the solid work.

Jeremy

J-Dawg
11-12-12, 3:31 pm
What's up fellas??? Lots of J Dawg in here but where is NG??

I'll catch up with you guys later but keep up the solid work.

Jeremy

Jeremy, thanks for stopping in! How's everything with you brother?

J-Dawg
11-12-12, 3:50 pm

Quads at the U HQ with NG in the house.

Low box squat - below parallel
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1
315 x 1 (add box)
365 x 3 (box)
385 x 2 (box)
365 x 3 (box)

Definitely a weak point so I plan to hit these every other week in between regular squats. Also not sure if the bench throws me off. It moves slightly when you sit back. May need to find a sturdier option going forward.

Hack Squats
1pps x 10
3pps x 8
3pps + 25s x 6
3pps + 25s x 6

Leg Extensions
3sets x 15

Altered Beast
11-12-12, 4:45 pm
Buy a Box Squat Box from EliteFTS.com! Don't dick around and get the best.

It will last forever and the U HQ will forever have one!

GUNS
11-12-12, 4:52 pm
Lots of J Dawg in here but where is NG??

JeremyWe need a NG rumor thread! I heard... NG was out shopping for a new fanny pack!

Triceps & Back @ Retro

Close Grip Decline Bench
Warmups
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 5
265 x 4
275 x 2

Overhead Rope Extension
4 sets x 12

Pullups
6 sets with varying grips x 6-8/set

Hammer Strength Machine Row
3pps - 4 sets x 10

Machine Calf Raise
8 sets x 12+

Quads at the U HQ with NG in the house.

Low box squat - below parallel
Warmups
135 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 1
315 x 1 (add box)
365 x 3 (box)
385 x 2 (box)
365 x 3 (box)

Definitely a weak point so I plan to hit these every other week in between regular squats. Also not sure if the bench throws me off. It moves slightly when you sit back. May need to find a sturdier option going forward.

Hack Squats
1pps x 10
3pps x 8
3pps + 25s x 6
3pps + 25s x 6

Leg Extensions
3sets x 15

Solid work J!

Shukin
11-12-12, 5:08 pm
We need a NG rumor thread! I heard... NG was out shopping for a new fanny pack!

I heard he's been training for Bros vs. Pros

J-Dawg
11-14-12, 4:04 pm
Buy a Box Squat Box from EliteFTS.com! Don't dick around and get the best.

It will last forever and the U HQ will forever have one!

I will look into that! But does sound worth it.

We need a NG rumor thread! I heard... NG was out shopping for a new fanny pack!

Solid work J!

Haha, that's a good idea. We need a "Where's NG?" thread.

I heard he's been training for Bros vs. Pros

Hahaha, he always gets mad that RX Muscle stole the name idea after we did it at the Arnold in 2009 (I think that was the first year we did it).

And who would have thunk it? The NAUT actually participated that year: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?22834-Bros-vs-Bros-Big-Wides-vs-JUGGERNAUT-quot-Howmuchyabench-quot