PDA

View Full Version : "Bigger Stronger Faster" movie

mikejones1
07-13-08, 12:36 pm
has anyone seen this movie yet?
http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com/

I believe it was out at a select few theaters in certain states?
Im mad I missed it

Is anyone going to pre order? I think I am going to
http://www.amazon.com/Bigger-Stronger-Faster-Carl-Lewis/dp/B001B7CNW4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1215967372&sr=1-1

dominate77
07-13-08, 1:22 pm
it looks like it's gonna be awesome.

i had no idea barry bonds was in it

naturalguy
07-13-08, 1:43 pm
I am definitely going to get the DVD, I missed it in the theaters as well.

IRBS
07-13-08, 2:29 pm
I will definately be getting it. It is rumored to be coming to my city, but we don't have it in theaters yet.

Cstlfx
07-13-08, 3:00 pm
There is a 3-4 page article about it in MD. A couple of the guys from MD are in the movie. I was thinking of trying to rent it, then if I liked it enough, buy it.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-13-08, 3:11 pm
ill probably buy it...

shizz702
07-13-08, 3:34 pm
O yea I'll definitely be checking that out!

Thanks for the post bro, haven't even heard of it til now!

Brutus_515
07-13-08, 3:40 pm
its on my waiting list on netflix

Macrobolic
07-13-08, 4:51 pm

Im mad I missed it

http://www.amazon.com/Bigger-Stronger-Faster-Carl-Lewis/dp/B001B7CNW4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1215967372&sr=1-1

Probably won't pre order, but will definitely get the movie at some point. I have heard many reviews from bodybuilders and that they absolutely loved the movie.

It's fair, doesn't carry a bias, and really leaves the decision up to the viewer, or so I've heard. This movie, I think, will be good for the sport of bodybuilding/powerlifting.

AZN-BEEF
07-14-08, 12:07 am
THE MOVIE IS GREAT!!!!

doesnt pick a side..leaves the movie open ended for you to decide...its great! and quite funny...

Thetasteofink69
07-14-08, 12:28 am
It's playing in downtown houston for the next few days.. I wanna go see it, but I live in the suburbs, and with the price of gas it just isn't worth it.. I'll just wait for the DVD

SQUAT or DIE!
07-14-08, 12:38 am
It's playing in downtown houston for the next few days.. I wanna go see it, but I live in the suburbs, and with the price of gas it just isn't worth it.. I'll just wait for the DVD

fuck if i was in katy id drive there

musclealchemist
07-30-08, 3:16 pm
guys i just finished watching this movie, and it is pretty good. It opens your eyes to a lot of things.

sanga
07-30-08, 3:21 pm
Opens your eyes to what mate?

Enforcer
07-30-08, 3:23 pm

Im mad I missed it

I saw it twice in theaters lol

B Con
07-30-08, 3:25 pm
Just saw this last night... My cousin used to wrestle with Mike Bell and Smelly on there in OVW (I think thats the acronym). Was a good movie.

Iron4Life
07-30-08, 3:40 pm
just added it to my netflix que also...cant wait for it to send out...i also read the article in MD, looks like a very good, well rounded movie which answers all the questions regarding "supplement" usage in American sports

Lud14
07-30-08, 4:29 pm
When is it coming out on DVD?

IRBS
07-30-08, 4:41 pm
When is it coming out on DVD?

September supposedly.

jer
07-30-08, 9:13 pm
I saw it 2 weeks ago. Great movie.

It made me hate congress even more though. Sen. Waxman and Sen. Biden are a couple of jackasses. I'd slap the both of them if I ever saw them.

I think the dad was awesome. What a great guy.

izaktj
07-31-08, 1:25 am
Awesome movie I got to say. There was a download link somewhere...

Psycho77
07-31-08, 2:07 am
funny film

a definite eye opener

Carpe Diem P.T
08-05-08, 12:23 am
just watching it at present and spotted animal pak at 1hr 18mins in to the movie.

InkdMuscle
08-05-08, 11:01 am
I have been searchn my area but its not anywhere near close to me so i could see it. I will have to wait till it comes out on DVD.

InkdMuscle
08-05-08, 11:44 am
I have been searchn my area but its not anywhere near close to me so i could see it. I will have to wait till it comes out on DVD.

The Epidemic
09-16-08, 12:48 pm
Im trying to put togther a Group buy. the movie comes out spet 26

InkdMuscle
09-16-08, 3:34 pm
What type of group ur gett'n to gether. u mean to watch the movie or....

IRBS
09-16-08, 3:43 pm
Why buy it as a group??? You can pre-order it on Amazon right now and it iwll be available on Netflix as well....

You need to explain a little more here...

Freakshow
09-16-08, 3:53 pm
Shit, if you know where to look you can watch it online.

IRBS
09-16-08, 3:57 pm

Very true.....

The Epidemic
09-16-08, 4:04 pm
i ahve the bootleg.. buy a group buy is cheaper

calcaneous
09-16-08, 4:07 pm
Why buy it as a group??? You can pre-order it on Amazon right now and it iwll be available on Netflix as well....

You need to explain a little more here...

a group buy is usually when a group of people buy a product, because of the larger order (hence group) the product is usually cheaper in price then if you were to buy it alon.

IRBS
09-16-08, 4:10 pm
a group buy is usually when a group of people buy a product, because of the larger order (hence group) the product is usually cheaper in price then if you were to buy it alon.

How big does this group need to be??? LOL, because I sure as hell am not gonna give my money to people on the internet so that I can save a couple bucks off of a DVD...

Just my 2 cents though, good luck if this is what ya'll want to do...

InkdMuscle
09-17-08, 12:55 am
I have seen the movie for free on the net. Its really interesting and brings stuff a lot to light. Ill grab the DVD when it hits my area too.

Carpe Diem P.T
09-17-08, 4:42 am
seen it. loved it.

bigrhino
09-17-08, 4:07 pm
Isn't it just some juicehead movie? Some guys bitching about how they can't use drugs legally? That's what I got from the trailer.

IRBS
09-17-08, 4:09 pm
Isn't it just some juicehead movie? Some guys bitching about how they can't use drugs legally? That's what I got from the trailer.

Not by a long shot. Maybe you shouldnt be so judgemental and check the movie out for yourself instead of making rude remarks.

XIronAcesX
09-17-08, 5:54 pm
Does anyone have the link to watch the this documentary film? I really want to see it, and i'm tired of getting "Rick Rolled" everytime I click on a new link lol.

Carpe Diem P.T
09-17-08, 6:01 pm
Not by a long shot. Maybe you shouldnt be so judgemental and check the movie out for yourself instead of making rude remarks.

so much more indeed. its very evenly argued from both sides. Many valid points that get you thinking.

shizz702
09-17-08, 8:53 pm
Fucking great movie! Just got done watching it.

bigrhino
09-20-08, 6:02 pm

Ok. I just finished watching it. It was not what I expecting. I liked the narrator a lot, and I kind of liked how he didn't give/state an opinion on the subject. He just kind of pointed out both sides without showing too strong of a bias toward any side.

Also, I the song during the credits made me laugh, kind of ironic I thought.
Land of Confusion - Disturbed.

The Epidemic
09-22-08, 8:46 am

so where can i view animal delts and back?

bigrhino
09-22-08, 12:17 pm

Most of the Animal stuff is on youtube I think.

IRBS
09-22-08, 12:45 pm

Most of the Animal stuff is on youtube I think.

Or you could purchase it. You can find it in The Shop and on BB.com for a reasonable price.

Not everything in life should be free.....

Brutus_515
09-22-08, 1:11 pm

check dailymotion they have a few parts of them I dont think they have the whole dvd...

Big Wides
09-22-08, 1:32 pm
Been avoiding this thread for a while, and here is all I am going to say about this. If you have a link that gives you free access to movies that say aren't released yet to the general public or have been released and people dont own a copy please dont post up the link in an open forum. Please show respect to the people who put all of their hard work, time, dedication into making these movies for us to enjoy and watch.

IRBS
09-22-08, 1:33 pm
Been avoiding this thread for a while, and here is all I am going to say about this. If you have a link that gives you free access to movies that say aren't released yet to the general public or have been released and people dont own a copy please dont post up the link in an open forum. Please show respect to the people who put all of their hard work, time, dedication into making these movies for us to enjoy and watch.

x2

bunda
09-22-08, 2:24 pm
watched it last week and i can say its probably the most interesting thing i have seen..

sooo many good points that get you thinking, it would be a great vid to show people who no nothing about steroids and make stereotypical judgements, it does a great job shedding light on such a "taboo" area haha.. deffinately a must see

CreatineSteve
09-22-08, 9:43 pm
yeah i watched it the other day, was pleasently suprised at it, very good watch,
now where can i order me some of that "The Juice" supplements i luv me some creatine ethyl ester n rice flour chea! n its hand packed by illegal imigrants, cant go wrong with that

Psycho77
09-22-08, 10:10 pm
yeah i watched it the other day, was pleasently suprised at it, very good watch,
now where can i order me some of that "The Juice" supplements i luv me some creatine ethyl ester n rice flour chea! n its hand packed by illegal imigrants, cant go wrong with that

yeah, support the small business enterprise

Phil800101
09-23-08, 1:44 am
Watched it the other day, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the DVD release, hopefully there will be some good extra features.

jeff00z28
09-23-08, 2:29 am
i have a link to a stream of it if any1 is interested. its been up for over 2 months.

simpleguy
09-23-08, 8:00 am
good movie, seen it the other day

i have a link to a stream of it if any1 is interested. its been up for over 2 months.

there are a load of links not only one, I found a few just by googling it

IRBS
09-24-08, 2:30 pm
Bigger, Stronger, Faster* will be released on DVD September 30th and features over 40 minutes of deleted scenes and much more. You can pre-order it today at Amazon.com or pick it up on Tuesday the 30th at all the major chains including Best Buy and Target.

You can also rent it from the major rental houses including Netflix, Blockbuster and Hollywood Video.

If you are attending the Mr. Olympia in Vegas this weekend come and meet the filmmakers and some of the people featured in the film. Pre-order your DVD and you'll receive a free, limited edition Bigger, Stronger, Faster* T-Shirt. We'll be at Booth # 146 on the Expo Floor.

For those of you who illegally downloaded Bigger, Stronger, Faster*, if you enjoyed the film, please consider buying or renting a copy. Not only will you see a bunch of extra features, we are independent filmmakers and need your support so we can keep making films like this one.

Thanks,
Bigger, Stronger, Faster* Team

Brutus_515
09-24-08, 2:38 pm
i did watch it fo free and plan on gettin a copy as well....especially if you get a f'n tshirt outta the deal!

John-TNS
09-25-08, 10:03 pm
Awesome movie, found it on the net.... Definately worth buying as I will be picking up my legit copy as well...

Phil800101
09-26-08, 1:41 am
i did watch it fo free and plan on gettin a copy as well....especially if you get a f'n tshirt outta the deal!

Awesome movie, found it on the net.... Definately worth buying as I will be picking up my legit copy as well...

Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to be buying it.

prowrestler
09-26-08, 1:58 am
im so happy this film exposed the truths about steroids to the public. and i loved seeing greg valentino too! he's like my favorite bodybuilder spokesperson

John-TNS
09-26-08, 10:58 am
im so happy this film exposed the truths about steroids to the public. and i loved seeing greg valentino too! he's like my favorite bodybuilder spokesperson

He seems like an "in your face real guy"

npeezy
09-26-08, 1:44 pm
I just watched bigger, stronger, faster. it was definitely a good movie, very informative and what not, but not once did i see any part of what i saw in the trailor when chris bell was talking to charles glass and jay cutler and a woman body builder (i forget her name) about steroids.....why is this?

IRBS
09-26-08, 1:55 pm
I just watched bigger, stronger, faster. it was definitely a good movie, very informative and what not, but not once did i see any part of what i saw in the trailor when chris bell was talking to charles glass and jay cutler and a woman body builder (i forget her name) about steroids.....why is this?

Those will be in the deleted scenes in the DVD. They didnt make the movie.

npeezy
09-26-08, 10:18 pm
Those will be in the deleted scenes in the DVD. They didnt make the movie.

ahhhh okay. thanks mang...looks like ill have to buy it this time

09-26-08, 10:32 pm
Just watched it..... ABSOLUTELY AWESOME FLICK!!!!! It will open a lot of peoples eyes about things they were just "stereotyping" and "speculating" about.... Too bad it won't change all the mislead places that don't allow honest discussion.

Phil

prowrestler
09-26-08, 11:48 pm
He seems like an "in your face real guy"

very smart, nice,funny as fuck guy.

down to earth as well, i hate when ppl diss him without actually knwoing him, great guy and can admit he fucked up. now he turned his life around 100%

prowrestler
09-26-08, 11:50 pm

most lickley due to it proves the ifbb goes against its own constitution. with out the drug testing and cutler exposing the obviouse fact everyone is on steroids in that foundation. it gives bad publicity for the ifbb. they probably asked for it to be edited out.

The Epidemic
10-05-08, 4:57 pm

well i love bootlegs. but i did get the movie for free for 1 reason. the movie wasnt playing in NJ. but i will be buying the dvd on my next check

Thetasteofink69
10-08-08, 10:34 am
I have it on my iPod.. I'm watching it 30 minutes at a time (during cardio).. Great movie so far

smith06
10-08-08, 2:12 pm
found a free uplink...watched it...awesome.

If I ever run across it I'll buy a copy.

prowrestler
10-09-08, 12:33 pm
found a free uplink...watched it...awesome.

If I ever run across it I'll buy a copy.

ill be one for every member of the news who talked shit about chris benoit.

John-TNS
10-09-08, 5:45 pm
most lickley due to it proves the ifbb goes against its own constitution. with out the drug testing and cutler exposing the obviouse fact everyone is on steroids in that foundation. it gives bad publicity for the ifbb. they probably asked for it to be edited out.

Sad but true

DetroitMuscle
10-10-08, 12:07 pm
I just watched "Bigger Faster Stronger: The side effects of being an American" last night. I have to say that its probably one of the best documentaries I have seen. Chris Bell, who is the guy that put everything together, stays unbiased for the most part when it comes to performance enhancement via one form or another. It shows the goods, the bads and the uglies and the people behind the scenes.

I definitely suggest it to anyone, its a good watch.

10-14-08, 9:18 pm
Just purchased the DVD. The extra features and deleted scenes are worth the purchase.

Phil

youngobrien
12-14-08, 6:39 am
Just after getting this show off my buddy, any of you guys ever watch it? If not i recommend you do, very interesting film.

simpleguy
12-14-08, 7:35 am
Just after getting this show off my buddy, any of you guys ever watch it? If not i recommend you do, very interesting film.

a lot of people've seen it, and so did I... thought it was a great movie that maybe opened up some people's eyes

youngobrien
12-14-08, 7:55 am
yea great show, very well made and thought provoking.

DHBAKER15
12-14-08, 8:22 am
Great Documentary That Lays Down Some Cold Hard Facts....One Of My Favorites

ldskenpo
12-14-08, 10:27 am
my wife bought it for me, and when we watched it she was shocked by the info in it, but they did not put out anything new. overall I did think it was a good show, though

bassdocktor
12-14-08, 2:14 pm
I thought it was pretty good too. It was nice to see all the sides presented. Looked at more than just the surface.

NJC_Manhattan
01-19-09, 7:36 pm
Just watched it and I think its important to anyone who takes sports/nutrition seriously. If you've seen it, be good to hear your thoughts.

mritter3
01-19-09, 7:41 pm
how do we watch it is it on you tube or the internet somewhere?

mritter3
01-19-09, 8:28 pm
thanks man i will check it out and let u guys know what i think

NJC_Manhattan
01-19-09, 9:26 pm
The best part about the movie is the POV is from a "gym rat" kind of guy. It shows that everyone has a crutch or uses something to get ahead, even though they may already be beyond their potential. Really interesting commentary on a controversial subject

BamBam
01-20-09, 1:00 am
Probably just as funny as it is eye opening and informative. It just shows you how un-informed most people are about what we do and why most of the time they are so quick to judge us... Really a very well made movie and it is good to see that the guy didn't just go for one persons opinion or whatever...he got doctors, lawyers, fathers, wives, sons, brothers, mothers, coaches, husbands, athletes, teachers (the guy from Harvard), the director of medical ethics...shit, he gets everyone! It covers both sides...pro steroids and those against the "juice". But, it is also a movie where it shows the positive and negative sides of both of those sides! A great movie and if you find it in a store (I know best buy sells it...where I got mine) then it is worth the buy...and you will watch it more than once I promise you!

IN IRON,
BB-

Little Z
01-20-09, 1:19 am
Probably just as funny as it is eye opening and informative. It just shows you how un-informed most people are about what we do and why most of the time they are so quick to judge us... Really a very well made movie and it is good to see that the guy didn't just go for one persons opinion or whatever...he got doctors, lawyers, fathers, wives, sons, brothers, mothers, coaches, husbands, athletes, teachers (the guy from Harvard), the director of medical ethics...shit, he gets everyone! It covers both sides...pro steroids and those against the "juice". But, it is also a movie where it shows the positive and negative sides of both of those sides! A great movie and if you find it in a store (I know best buy sells it...where I got mine) then it is worth the buy...and you will watch it more than once I promise you!

IN IRON,
BB-

excellent description bro.. and you are right, you will watch it more than once.. I watched it again last night..

To me, its one of those films that allows you to catch something new everytime you watch it.. if that makes sense..

I recently read though that Chris Bell's older brother Mad Dog passed away in December.. I hated hearing that..
Thought he was gonna turn things around after movin to CA...

But yeah, definately pick this movie up, or borrow it, dont know if any places rent it, I know netflix has it, even on their instant list..

eric downey
01-20-09, 7:52 am
How About Buying The Fucking Thing And Support The Guys Who Made It. There Not Rich Famous People With Loads Of Money Backing Them. That Movie Took Years To Make. By The Way Mad Dog Died A Few Weeks Ago.

BamBam
01-20-09, 10:03 pm
excellent description bro.. and you are right, you will watch it more than once.. I watched it again last night..

To me, its one of those films that allows you to catch something new everytime you watch it.. if that makes sense..

I recently read though that Chris Bell's older brother Mad Dog passed away in December.. I hated hearing that..
Thought he was gonna turn things around after movin to CA...

But yeah, definately pick this movie up, or borrow it, dont know if any places rent it, I know netflix has it, even on their instant list..

I'm sad to hear Mad Dog died...that really sucks...but, I think he had more problems than the movie let on. But thats not my place to go into...

I do see what you are saying about catching something new...I def. did the first three times I watched it (myself, with my girl, and with my buddy Cory). It is a very cool film guys, and yeah, go buy it or rent it...don't steal it. Help out the Bell's family!

IN IRON,
BB-

sodapop
01-21-09, 8:55 am
You know, I rented this and never had a chance to watch it. Now I can't go back to Blockbuster ($26 in late fees =x). We have Netflix now, though. I'll have to see if they have it.

Edit: Just read in Little Z's post that Netflix does have it, so I'm gonna try to get it soon.

Nick101
03-31-09, 9:10 pm
anyone ever seen the movie? i was just wondering if everyone agrees that steroids are as rampant in the fitness industry as they claim in the movie. and if so are there any "natural" bodybuilders left in the pros?

NJC_Manhattan
03-31-09, 9:13 pm
anyone ever seen the movie? i was just wondering if everyone agrees that steroids are as rampant in the fitness industry as they claim in the movie. and if so are there any "natural" bodybuilders left in the pros?

Its a great documentary, but I'd be careful talking about juice in this forvm

jeff00z28
03-31-09, 9:14 pm
let me just say, most of the guys that look like they are on the sauce and say they are not are lying.

Nick101
03-31-09, 9:15 pm
hahaha true, i agree it is a really good movie... just kinda disheatening i guess if all that is true.

NJC_Manhattan
03-31-09, 9:22 pm
let me just say, most of the guys that look like they are on the sauce and say they are not are lying.

hahaha true, i agree it is a really good movie... just kinda disheatening i guess if all that is true.

Well Nick, what the commentator/filmmaker say about the juice? He compares it to people using study aids, among other things, and even coffee. Saying, well these help with studying, working, thinking, so why is it a problem if I want to take care of my body? Granted, arguments like that are hard to hold, but he does make valid points for the stuff (non-abuse only). As most people think it's morally wrong, the filmmaker turns it on its head.

I think it's an important documentary for anyone who lifts. Information is incredibly important. Finding it for yourself is equally so if not greater.

IronWilson
03-31-09, 9:25 pm
I like that movie because it shows that we as a society are to blame for the use of steroids, not individual athletes. Before I saw the movie, I thought Gregg Valentino was just some synthol-injecting fool who they let make a spectacle of himself. But he actually is a decent person who will tell you the truth and actually tries to help people.

The only thing I think that movie was missing is that they should have interviewed high level and up and coming natural athletes to see what they thought about the whole steroid thing.

Nick101
03-31-09, 9:43 pm
i understand his stance on juice. but the makers made it seem like juice is the only way to to be a powerlifting or bodybuilding monster. now granted we all know the effect of juice but all im really asking is, is there some natural bodybuilders out there? or do most people just sort of avoid the whole subject? haha

dannynb
04-01-09, 12:05 am
Just like in any sport there are athletes that "take" and those that "don't take". Honestly that's their issues not mine. I personally don't give a rats ass if someone "uses" or not...as long as they are willing to bust their ass and give this life all they got...no sweat off my back.

Big Wides
04-01-09, 7:29 am
Just to put this out there, and I am sure many here will agree with me the point of the movie was not to show the use of steriods. It was to document the extremes that Americans will go to get to where they want to be, and will do so no matter what the cost is to themselves or others.

eric downey
04-01-09, 7:54 am
Just to put this out there, and I am sure many here will agree with me the point of the movie was not to show the use of steriods. It was to document the extremes that Americans will go to get to where they want to be, and will do so no matter what the cost is to themselves or others.

agreed. the movie was not about juice, but the links one will go to to reach there goals.

fatbackgoal
04-01-09, 7:57 am
I find it curious that society is ok with parents buying their 18 year old daughter breast implants for high school graduation but frown upon someone seeing a medical professional to get help if they have a legitimate problem and need assistance. It all comes down to money and if a sector in the health industry could make profits I think you would see a change.

I like the fact that the movie shows different perspectives in one family. When I first heard about the film I just knew I would get all kinds of questions and slammed but have to say those folks who have watched it have really walked away impressed. If it can crossover that well I think he has done his job.

IRBS
04-01-09, 9:29 am

x2. Steroids just happened to be the example Chris used when making the movie. You could find other examples, but I think Steroids drove the message home better than just about anything else. Not to mention Steroids, as a subject, are VERY marketable right now in the media...

BB
04-22-09, 12:40 am
Agreed, the topic of steroids is on the news almost daily around the time the moive was released.Its a very taboo subject...In an interview i saw on youtube he explained that is was a perfect time you realize the movie because of all the media coverage steroids have been getting form high level athletes using them.

jeff00z28
04-23-09, 11:46 pm
the brother that was a wrestler died. he was abusing painkillers and who knows what else

BamBam
04-28-09, 3:46 pm
the brother that was a wrestler died. he was abusing painkillers and who knows what else

He seemed like a good guy and just trying to do what he truly loved and wanted but I think he had some more deep seeded problems than the movie let on. Im not judging anyone but I dont want anyone (outside the realm of competitive lifting or bb) to think that his steroid use was the ONLY reason for his passing. But "smelly"...his powerlifting brother...as far as I know...is doing very well!

I watched the movie again a few days ago with a girl Im talking to to kinda show her the diff sides of the steroid "issue". She loved it and now loves the sport more than ever! Think she's a keeper.

IN IRON,
BB-

Nick101
04-29-09, 8:40 pm
dam sorry to hear that, he had a wife and kids and all didnt he?

machineman
04-29-09, 8:56 pm
I have seen the movie once....While I agree with the point of it being about how far we will go to get what we want, I also thought that the point was to show how the media and government will force feed us info (weather right or wrong) to set the "morals" if you will....look at the part where Chris is interviewing the father of the kid from Texas....he asked the father if he realized that anti-depressants can have side affects in younger "adults" that can cause feelings of suicide....I believe that the fathers response was that the steroids killed his boy...he didn't want to hear that a prescribed medication COULD have something to do with it.....I am not a doctor, so I don't know if this is accurate or not.....but it shows me that some people are very close minded and once they have their mind made up, there is no changing it.....no matter the circumstances.....

Alk
04-30-09, 12:07 am
I have seen the movie once....While I agree with the point of it being about how far we will go to get what we want, I also thought that the point was to show how the media and government will force feed us info (weather right or wrong) to set the "morals" if you will....look at the part where Chris is interviewing the father of the kid from Texas....he asked the father if he realized that anti-depressants can have side affects in younger "adults" that can cause feelings of suicide....I believe that the fathers response was that the steroids killed his boy...he didn't want to hear that a prescribed medication COULD have something to do with it.....I am not a doctor, so I don't know if this is accurate or not.....but it shows me that some people are very close minded and once they have their mind made up, there is no changing it.....no matter the circumstances.....

Yeah, Fox News especially likes to cram conservative values down people's throats.

Yeah the interview with the father made him look dumb as hell tbh. But who can blame him? Top bodybuilders would not admit to their steroid use (if taking them) if it meant the end of their career. If he admitted it, it could've been the end of the father's movement and evidence to fuel it. The father is clearly a family man that was trying to come to terms with his son's death, and happened to come to the illogical conclusion that steroids were THE ONLY reason his son killed himself.

IRBS
04-30-09, 8:22 am
Yeah, Fox News especially likes to cram conservative values down people's throats.

Yeah the interview with the father made him look dumb as hell tbh. But who can blame him? Top bodybuilders would not admit to their steroid use (if taking them) if it meant the end of their career. If he admitted it, it could've been the end of the father's movement and evidence to fuel it. The father is clearly a family man that was trying to come to terms with his son's death, and happened to come to the illogical conclusion that steroids were THE ONLY reason his son killed himself.

LOL, I would run out blaming one news source for anything. Theyre all just as bad as the other. Bias exists in every news room, one way or the other.

Thanks to the 24 hour news cycle, they have to find something to talk about or people will start to understand that, for the most part, they are worthless.

The great thing about the news, you have the power to simply change the channel. So if someone is "craming -insert a set of values you dont agree with- down your throat," pick up the remote and change the channel.

Freedom of speech is for everyone, dont forget it,
IRBS

krazyassmexican
04-30-09, 8:24 am
LOL, I would run out blaming one news source for anything. Theyre all just as bad as the other. Bias exists in every news room, one way or the other.

Thanks to the 24 hour news cycle, they have to find something to talk about or people will start to understand that, for the most part, they are worthless.

The great thing about the news, you have the power to simply change the channel. So if someone is "craming -insert a set of values you dont agree with- down your throat," pick up the remote and change the channel.

IRBS

great post, that's the reasson i watch zero tv

ghost
04-30-09, 8:28 am

Fox news is republican
CNN is democratic

both like to "cram" their values down your throat. the only way to avoid it, is to avoid the news. no need in bashing either agency. there are HUNDEREDS of other news channels and regular stations out there to watch.

G Diesel
05-01-09, 11:10 am
On the topic of BFS*, I saw Valentino on E:60 on ESPN and read his new MD column... Looks like he's seen the light. Good for him.

Met him a couple of times and in person he's a good guy and as you can see in BFS* he's got a great personality. Would be good to see him devote his life to pulling young dudes in the sport in the right direction. Based on his own mistakes, experiences and war stories, he's a good guy to do it.

Peace, G

IRBS
05-01-09, 11:17 am
On the topic of BFS*, I saw Valentino on E:60 on ESPN and read his new MD column... Looks like he's seen the light. Good for him.

Met him a couple of times and in person he's a good guy and as you can see in BFS* he's got a great personality. Would be good to see him devote his life to pulling young dudes in the sport in the right direction. Based on his own mistakes, experiences and war stories, he's a good guy to do it.

Peace, G

Agree. That was a great piece.

If anyone didnt get to see it, you can find it on the ESPN E:60 website.

norrim1
05-01-09, 11:58 am

Peace, G

Agree. That was a great piece.

If anyone didnt get to see it, you can find it on the ESPN E:60 website.

Here's the link if anyone has trouble finding the video. Good piece, thanks for the heads up guys.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4108295&categoryid=3060647

Alk
05-01-09, 8:14 pm
Here's the link if anyone has trouble finding the video. Good piece, thanks for the heads up guys.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4108295&categoryid=3060647

Damn....just like Arnold: at the end, he has an "epiphany" and reverses his opinion on them. I'm not condoning or embracing steroids...but he should've stuck to one side of it instead of flip-flopping, which is what I've seen in his other videos as well. He seems to change his opinion at SOME POINT in his interviews (except the Bigger, Stronger, Faster interview) that steroids will ruin your life and such.

I also like how in the last 30 seconds, the ESPN interviewers are "surprised" when their blood work and testing on Gregg's body showed that everything was normal. One guy even commented that "there was no damage to his organs or his pituitary gland". Stuff like that is why steroid myths are perpetuated...where on earth does it say that these things are PROVEN, SCIENTIFICALLY, to happen in cases of steroid abuse?

IRBS

Fox news is republican
CNN is democratic

both like to "cram" their values down your throat. the only way to avoid it, is to avoid the news. no need in bashing either agency. there are HUNDEREDS of other news channels and regular stations out there to watch.

I don't watch either channel lol. I tried them and didn't like them because they 1. Seem CLEARLY biased as opposed to slightly/unbiased like other channels and (later) I find that 2. Clips from their shows, particularly Fox, are almost always made fun of on "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report". Also 3., Bill O'Reilly...c'mon now the guy is off his rocker, painfully obvious.

I'm an NBC man myself tho heh.

craig028
11-09-09, 10:06 pm
[QUOTE=G Diesel;702866]On the topic of BFS*, I saw Valentino on E:60 on ESPN and read his new MD column... Looks like he's seen the light. Good for him.

Met him a couple of times and in person he's a good guy and as you can see...

i was watching a interview of him on youtube and he was talkin about relative strength and training whats right for you and you can really tell he knows his stuff and he loves the sport its a damn shame people dont give him the respect he deserves.